Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Cannot See Other Win7 Computers On Network; Other Win7 Computers on Network Can See This Computer

Q: Windows 7 Cannot See Other Win7 Computers On Network; Other Win7 Computers on Network Can See This Computer

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network. It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON. This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it. The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Cannot See Other Win7 Computers On Network; Other Win7 Computers on Network Can See This Computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 96.1%

Suddenly, Windows 7 will only see one of the 4 other machines on my network. It was working fine a few days ago. I have tried uninstalling Comodo and everything else I can think of - same result. All other machines show all 4 other machines on the network. My Win7 machine only shows one other machine, which is a Vista notebook. The other 3 machines that don't show up are another Vista notebook and 2 XP desktops. All machines can see the Win7 box and even print through it. What is going on? Why would one machine show up but not others??

A:Win7 Can See 1 But Not Other Computers on the Network

Quote: Originally Posted by mxcrowe

Suddenly, Windows 7 will only see one of the 4 other machines on my network. It was working fine a few days ago. I have tried uninstalling Comodo and everything else I can think of - same result. All other machines show all 4 other machines on the network. My Win7 machine only shows one other machine, which is a Vista notebook. The other 3 machines that don't show up are another Vista notebook and 2 XP desktops. All machines can see the Win7 box and even print through it. What is going on? Why would one machine show up but not others??

Hi and welcome MX

I can assume you are using homegroup for networking. Homegourp is fine if the machines are all win 7 but if not it can be problematic. another problem win 7 has is the use of IPv6. In older networking (XP and early vista) IPv4 was used and was more stable. If you want to change from homegroup to workgroup its pretty simple. Just go into network and sharing>device>properites> ipv6 and uncheck. then add a new network using workgroup and not homegroup

Let us know if you need any help with this and good luck\

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39762-win7-can-see-1-but-not-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 95.17%

NETWORKING PROBLEM I have a networking problem that I do not understand and have been unable to resolve It concerns computers on HOMENET OfficeMain runs Windows OfficeSecond runs Windows Laptop runs Windows XP SP OfficeMain can see but not access OfficeSecond and cannot / Network Home XP 3 Computers Win7 see Laptop Attempts to access OfficeSecond from OfficeMain give The specified network provider name is invalid OfficeSecond can see and access both OfficeMain and Laptop However it has read only access to OfficeMain files Laptop can see and access both Home Network 3 Computers Win7 / XP OfficeMain and Home Network 3 Computers Win7 / XP OfficeSecond Laptop has read write access to OfficeMain files The network map on OfficeMain shows both OfficeMain and OfficeSecond but neither can be accessed by double clicking the icons This returns The specified network provider name is invalid The network map on OfficeSecond shows OfficeMain OfficeSecond and Laptop but only OfficeSecond and Laptop can be accessed by double clicking the icons HomeGroup can be created as a one-off but only on OfficeMain which can see but not access shared libraries Restarting Main or Second sometimes loses HomeGroup connectivity Help And please tell me any additional information actions required Thanks OfficeMain data AV temporarily disabled for fault finding Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB S Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire X Antvirus PC Tools Internet Security Anti-Virus Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 95.17%

I'm trying to use an Ethernet Crossover cable to connect my XP laptop to my recently upgraded Windows 7 PC.I was told the Ethernet was the simplest way but I can't make it work.Can anybody help?

A:is there an easy way to network xp and win7 computers

Have you read this?

Connect two computers using a crossover cable

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89357-there-easy-way-network-xp-win7-computers.html
Relevancy 93%

Microsoft seems very fond of introducing new riddles with each new release of Windows.

How does one search for WinXP and Win2000 computers on a network from a Windows 7 system? I've tried everything I can think of. Sometimes they just show up and sometimes not. I'm currently dealing with one of the "nots" and I can't discover a way to search for a computer by name.

Relevancy 108.79%

When I tried to connect to my desktop computer from my Windows 7 Laptop, it doesn't see any other computers on the network but itself. I did check the firewall. I'm using McCafee Internet Security. It came with the laptop. I tried disabling the firewall, and I still couldn't see any of the computers on the network. When I go into McCafee and look at a network map, there it shows all the computers on the network. But when Looking at my network in windows, I don't see any other computers. I have tried to ping the computer on the network that I want to connect to and it times out. I checked the other computer, restarted it. Still nothing. Yesterday it was fine...today it can't see any of the other computers on the network.

I have a Dell Studio Laptop 4gb of ram 500gb hard drive Windows 7 64bit. If you need any other info, please let me know.

A:Windows 7 Computer Suddenly Can't See Computers on Network

Can you see your laptop from one of the other pc's on your network? Maybe you made some changes to something that turned of your network discovery make sure it is selected in win7 advanced sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104490-windows-7-computer-suddenly-cant-see-computers-network.html
Relevancy 108.79%

We have around 20 computers that are networked at a small radio station. It's a mix of Windows 7 and Windows XP computers. On Friday, one of the 7 machines has randomly stopped seeing all the computers on the network.

There are only 4 out of 20 showing up on the network. None of the other computers have this issue. Sometimes I am able to manually contect in Windows Explorer using the \\COMPUTERNAME, other times it doesn't work. I've already rebooted the router and switch and tried safemode with Networking and no luck.

A:Windows 7 computer not recognizing all computers on network

Exactly the same issue that just recently happened. I'm thinking a Windows update is causing it.

The strangest aspect is that the number of other computers you see is constantly changing on refresh.
Anywhere from 0-6! Ugh.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371578-windows-7-computer-not-recognizing-all-computers-network.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network screen I have a home network with laptops and desktop The desktop I use as a quot file server quot in that all work done on the laptops is stored to the to Explorer Unable network computers Windows in see scree home Network desktop The desktop computer name is HAL One laptop is fine and sees the network The other just stopped seeing it rebooted the laptop rebooted HAL did a number of refreshes without any luck I opened EXCEL and found a worksheet that was listed that I knew was saved Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree on HAL Was able to open the file and when I tried the SAVE AS I could navigate through all of HAL just as normal Went to Windows Explorer and still no HAL listed as a COMPUTER on the NETWORK I have a internet connection so I know I am making it to the router at least And when I check NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER it shows an active home network Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree The laptop is running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build Thanks in advance for any help George

A:Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree

Still working on the problem. Tried to do a system restore back to the point where everything was working. Still no HAL showing as a network computer; Excel now does not recognize the path that worked yesterday. But now I am able to create a shortcut that will take me to HAL on the network. Guess this is a good enough fix for right now. When I go to Windows Explorer, Network it still only shows the 2 laptops and not HAL......WHY????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229783-unable-see-home-network-computers-windows-explorer-network-scree.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I bought a computer running windows Vista and connected ti to my network. It sees all but one computer on my network. All of my other computers are running windows XP. The only difference between this computer and the others is that it has a Seagate firewall, but even it I turn the firewall of the Vista computer still cannot see it. All of the computers are in the same workgroup. I have run out of ideas to fix this problem. It wouldn't be that big of a deal except I share our only printer off of the XP machine that Vista cannot see.

Relevancy 100.62%

A small network computers-only Network 98 printer see can't computer the of the of computers XP Pros Mac windows SE The network has modem to router to switch to computers there is a network printer all the computers can see it except the windows computer The wierd thing is the always used to be able to see but now all of a sudden it won t work all the computers are sharing with each other Network of computers-only the 98 computer can't see the printer and the can share files etc but not the printer I tried everything Network of computers-only the 98 computer can't see the printer but like I said all of a sudden the printer shows up but is greyed out when you try to print with it error box comes up and in red letters Network of computers-only the 98 computer can't see the printer says the printer need attention says need to check cables all cables are ok like I said it work before I tried deleteing it and then do the add printer again nothing It keeps saying its off line but you click the off line so it would be online and try to use it and it still says the printer is off line but when it says that the other computers print fine I am stumped do not no what else to try nbsp

A:Network of computers-only the 98 computer can't see the printer

It would help a bunch if you were specific about the printer make/model, and how it's connected to the network. Is this a shared printer, or an Ethernet capable unit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-of-computers-only-the-98-computer-cant-see-the-printer.574578/
Relevancy 100.62%

I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4)

The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each other and the surface pro 4. All the PCs can see and access the NAS.

What gives? The network settings are identical (as far as I can see) and the SMB is enabled on this machine as well. for some reason, the surface pro 4 cannot connect to any other machine but every other machine can see and access it.

Not sure what to do here. Thoughts?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46269-one-computer-cannot-access-other-network-computers.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I managed to get folder sharing between a 7 and xp computer via lan cable to
work.
It took houers, and when it worked I didn't know why.

After reinstalling xp, again I can't make the lan cable connection between
the xp and 7 computer work.

The lan has the same name on both computers, and ip on both computer are config'ed.
Icons on both computers say, that the lan connection is running.
However, if I ping the windows 7 computer from the xp computer, it
works. If I ping the xp computer from the xp computer, it works.
If I ping the xp computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work. If I ping
the 7 computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work.

And on the 7 computer there is an yellow triangle on the network icon.
But it was also there before reinstallation, and the lan connection worked
anyway.

How do I get the lan cable connection to work?
Thanks.

A:Lan connect xp and 7 computer, computers do not appear under network.

Quote: Originally Posted by kjo

...If I ping the xp computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work. If I ping
the 7 computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work.

And on the 7 computer there is an yellow triangle on the network icon.
But it was also there before reinstallation, and the lan connection worked
anyway.

How do I get the lan cable connection to work?
Thanks.

Did you try the diagnose connection option in Win7's Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network Connections app?? Right click on it...

You also said early on...

Quote:
After reinstalling xp, again I can't make the lan cable connection between the xp and 7 computer work.

Can you desribe what you mean by LAN cable connection... is this a PC to PC (ad hoc) network, or do you have a switch or router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185851-lan-connect-xp-7-computer-computers-do-not-appear-under-network.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I'll be goddamned if Microsoft still hasn't got their shit together with getting network sharing to work without having to bend over backwards.

I have a Windows 7 computer that can't be seen on the network by either of 2 computers running Windows 8. Network discovery is on on all 3 computers. All 3 computers can connect via HomeGroup. I've tried accessing the Windows 7 computer via \\computer_name as well as \\computer_ip. The C: drive on the Windows 7 computer is shared and Full/Read/Write access is enabled for "Everyone." All 3 computers are in the "WORKGROUP" Workgroup.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows 8 computers can't see Windows 7 computer on network

Xax see if this will help

Connecting between two machines - Simple File Sharing

You may also want to remove the Password in sharing on all PCs . Windows 7 & 8

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293045-windows-8-computers-cant-see-windows-7-computer-network.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I am running a home network between a total of six computers. Every computer except one can access each other. The one with the problem can access all the other computers, but the other computers on the network can't access it. What should I do to fix this?

A:Solved: Other Computers on a Network can't access a certain computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-other-computers-on-a-network-cant-access-a-certain-computer.376628/
Relevancy 98.9%

Running Windows XP Home Service Pack It seems that what I m trying to do should be simple Yet I ve literally been trying to do it for over a year I stumbled upon this forum so maybe you can make my dreams come true and actually give me a shared network angels singing Keep refusing Home Network computers Windows show Places" network to XP "My in mind I once Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers had a shared network and everything was fine Then one day it mysteriously stopped and hasn t run since even after hundreds literally of attempts to set it up again For the moment all I want to do is have my computer we ll call this computer quot Sony Laptop quot appear in its own quot My Network Places quot window - not concerned with Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers the other networked computer at the moment I have tried quot Set up a home or small office network quot and quot set up a wireless network for a home or small office quot dozens of times chosen every single combination possible completed them restarted but quot Sony Laptop quot still never appears in quot My Network Places quot I cannot for the life of me understand it If that s all the info you need please respond If you want more observations read below FRY S DESKTOP Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via ethernet SONY LAPTOP is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via wireless -- ethernet ----- FRY S DESKTOP BELKIN ROUTER --wireless -------SONY LAPTOP I can receive wireless internet with the SONY LAPTOP through the BELKIN ROUTER I can ping FRY S DESKTOP from SONY LAPTOP I cannot ping SONY LAPTOP from FRY S DESKTOP I tried pinging SONY LAPTOP through both the wireless IP address and a connected ethernet cable Local Area Connection IP address connected through the BELKIN ROUTER Neither worked Some things I ve encountered When I explore the network gt My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network I get a funny message quot Unable to Browse the Network - The Network is not present or not started - For more information click Help quot Of course in classic Windows style when I click quot Help quot the window hangs and never goes anywhere kind of ironic - don t you think It s called quot Windows quot and can t function within a window I was told by some others that I should check the quot Services quot and more specifically Workstation Server TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser Now of those four two of them had not been started Workstation and Computer Browser I tried starting these double click them and up will pop a window that allows you to start but each of them came up with an error message Here are those two error messages Computer Browser quot Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Workstation quot Could not start the Workstation Service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found quot If anybody knows anything about these errors and how to fix them let mek now So that s it That s my experience so far As you can see I m neck deep in it and nothing would make me happier than finally figuring it out after months Chris nbsp

A:Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers

You need to look at the dependency list for each service. In the case of Computer Browser, it's Workstation and Server.

Since Workstation is failing, that's probably the place to start.

Do you have WKSSVC.DLL in C:\Windows\system32? That's the workstation service, and it appears to be the missing module. I'd first try copying that from the installation disk, if it's missing, and then register it too by:

Start, Run, regsvr32 wkssvc.dll

If you can't find the DLL, you can run sfc /scannow to restore missing files.

A shortcut may be to download the file from DLL Dump and register it as described above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-my-network-places-refusing-to-show-network-computers.536504/
Relevancy 98.47%

Just hooked a third computer up to my wireless network. It is running xp home. I can access the internet but not the shared files of the other comuters. When I click on my network places, nothing shows up. The other computers are able to access eachothers files with no problems. Can anyone help??

A:one computer on network cant access other computers shared files

Have you tried Right clicking on the file in question or drive (C:\ i'm guessing) select 'Sharing and Security' ,and check the box in the sharing tab that says, 'Share this folder on the network'? Hope that made sense?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/one-computer-on-network-cant-access-other-computers-shared-files-139469.html
Relevancy 98.04%

My home network was made up of a desktop running windows XP home (wired) and a desktop also running XP (wireless). I have recently added a desktop running Windows 7 (wireless) to the system. When I turn on the Windows 7 machine, it sees the other two machines and I use the files from them easily. But after the new machine has been on awhile, it does not see the other computers. (I can, however, still access the shared files on it (the Windows 7 machine) from the other desktop (haven't checked the laptop). If I power down the Windows 7 and then turn it back on, the other machines show up immediately. I've got them all named to the same workgroup and in the network settings in the control panel, I think that it is set to discover the network. I'm not yet very familiar with the Windows 7, but is there something obvious that I need to do. Thanks.

Relevancy 98.04%

I recently acquired another laptop with windows and I am trying to network it with my existing windows laptop In all honesty I do not like using the new quot Homegroup quot that has All I want is to network it regurlary like i did on my XP machines If I open the Network window from the desktop I do see both computers from both computers also but from computer the new one I can double click the other computer and see the shares on that computer but if I try to open a shared folder I get the error quot Windows cannot access Joe-Laptop c You do not have permission to access quot But vice-versa if I double click on my new computer from the old one from within the network window I get a dialog to enter the network password for that computer I enter a user name that is on that computer and no password because that user has no password associated with it but it says access denied I do not know if this is required but I did create the same users on both computers although currently I am logged in as different users on each computer How do i get simple network sharing working

A:Network 2 Windows 7 computers

Have you tried going into the advanced network sharing.And turn off the password protected sharing.On the said pc

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157102-network-2-windows-7-computers.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,

So here's my situation. My desktop and laptop are both connected to the same network.
My desktop is connected to the router via ethernet cable and my laptop is connected via wifi. Both have internet.
If both computers are connected to the same network, shouldn't I be able to see them in the "Networks" list
under Computer in the My Computer window?

Of course, right? Well, I don't. So I did a little test. I turned off my firewall and guess what? I can see them.

But I don't want to keep my firewall off though. I mean, isn't there another way?

Isn't the whole point of belonging to a homegroup in Windows 7 to be able to connect to other network computers without having to turn off your firewall?

Or am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Thanks,
Navi.

Relevancy 98.04%

Hello All

We run Server-2003 domain DHCP network and some 25 domain client PCs - mostly Windows-7 32 and 64 bit

A few days ago Win-7 users noticed that "Network" no longer shows all domain 20 computers - just 5
Servers still display all computers just like before...
Nobody changed any network settings on any server or client... All clients respond to Ping OK
Please advise what could cause the sudden change. What should we check or adjust ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df7edc30-843d-4501-a08f-c182233ad595/windows-7-cannot-see-all-computers-on-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 98.04%

I have a 4 computer network with 2 Windows 7 machines and 2 Windows 10 Pro machines. The Win7 computers can see and access all 4 computers through Network. The Win10Pro machines can see and access the Win7 machines. They can't see or access themselves. They can PING each other though through powershell. I've tried disabling firewall and anti-virus and nothing changes.

A:Windows 10 Pro computers can't see themselves in network

Is SMB service running, along with the other associated services? How is advanced Sharing setup?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34932-windows-10-pro-computers-cant-see-themselves-network.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello I hope you can help us I have tried searching for at a solution but I haven t found one My OS is Windows x think it is can't 8.1 network other computers x64 Windows on see home edition with an HP Envy computer I have two windows server and computers with windows and Windows 8.1 x64 can't see other computers on network with Mac OS X The computers with windows bit x can see the servers and the other computers that are connected to our Wi-Fi network But there are two computers with windows x which can t see the servers and the other computers and devices that are connected to the same Windows 8.1 x64 can't see other computers on network Wi-Fi I have looked at the solution found W K Server can access W W computer cant see W K server Have also tried post in that thread too but that din't work either But I can t find Local Security Policy and I have read it is because we don t have windows pro Why is it only the x windows computers that can t see other devices on the network Do you have a solution that can solve this problem If you need more information to solve the problem just ask - - Simon

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63861-windows-8-1-x64-cant-see-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I have a Toshiba Satellite X -S I have duel boot Windows Home WinXPro All see Can't Can Computers, Win7 Premium and Windows XP Professional The Windows can communiate just fine with the network Granit that this is a new installation of Windows XP Pro I have enabled TCPIPv TCPIPv File and Printer Sharing Microsoft Client On my other Window Computers I have only Workgroup enabled WinXPro Can't see All Computers, Win7 Can on them I completely turned off the Homegroup which I find it useless if you know how to use workgroup the correct way cough mapping WinXPro Can't see All Computers, Win7 Can Here is the funny part about it I have Teamviewer Activated on the Network It will connect to the other computers just fine using and so on I can ping to the other computers without any loss packets It is only when I want to use the Windows Network in Windows XP that I have trouble with It is acting as if it is missing a vital protocal or something but if that was the case then the PING wouldn't work if TCP IP was not installed correctly I thought maybe it may have been missing the IPX protocal but I know windows now and days doesn't use it It is a lost protocol as well as NETBIOS So that was disabled I do have iTunes installed but I completely stopped the service of Bonjour and removed that program from the service as well Finding the Windows XP computer from my Windows computers work beautifully

A:WinXPro Can't see All Computers, Win7 Can

Supposidly to fix that problem you need to use a password on the XP machine. Also using the same User name and password on the XP machines will get rid of the password prompts.

Or if you don't want to use passwords on the XP machines you can switch to Guest only "less secure" by going into the local security policies on the XP machine.

Go to... Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Local Policies > Security Options

Scroll down to... Network Access: Sharing and security model for local accounts

Select... Guest only and not Classic. I checked on XP machine and Guest seems to be the default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86675-winxpro-cant-see-all-computers-win7-can.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I have recently purchased 1 Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium installation disc from CompUSA. When I purchased the disc I was under the impression that you could use 1 disc to install Windows 7 on more than 1 computer. I have been researching lately and think I have made a mistake. Can you or can you not install Windows 7 Home Premium on 4 computers with the same installation CD?

A:one Win7 Disc + 4 computers = ?

Only if you have purchased a multi-license edition...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/49700-one-win7-disc-4-computers.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I want to purchase win7. I am wondering if it is fine to be used on multiple computers? A laptop and desktop? Or do I have to buy 2 win7 disc?

So when I install win7 will everything on my computer be wiped off to the point I have to reinstall everything?

A:Want to buy Win7, can it be used on multiple computers?

Unless you buy the three user version . . One installation per product key.

What operating system are you upgrading from?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/want-to-buy-win7-can-it-be-used-on-multiple-computers-465331.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,

Networking dufus here... I have a new Win7 laptop, an older XP Pro laptop, and an XP Home desktop. Have a mixed Linksys router sharing DSL to the home. Both laptops are connected to the wi-fi network and no problems getting to the internet, but neither Laptop can see one another on the network.

I have turned on file and print sharing on both machines. I have not enabled homegroups on the Win7 machine, since I do understand that that can only be used by other Win7 machines. I have the MSHOME network defined on both XP machines. Is there a way to allow the Win7 machine to join the MSHOME network so that I can share files between the various machines?

Hope I've explained this well enough. Networking is NOT my forte!

Thanks much...

A:Win7 Laptop can't see XP computers

Hello,

Networking is not my forte either, but can I suggest a Workgroup? Homegroup is not compatible with older versions of Windows, but workgroup is.

You can join a workgroup by going to System Properties>Computer Name.

Workgroup is at the bottom. Image taken from Brink's tutorial here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59696-win7-laptop-cant-see-xp-computers.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 97.18%

I recently replaced my wireless router and Bellsouth computer see -cannot wireless doesn't network Wired computers on join DSL modem with a single Netgear DGN DSL modem wireless router The problem is my desktop which is wired cannot see the laptop computers that are on the network via wireless connection If I start a homegroup with one of the laptops the other laptop can join but my desktop cannot no quot join now quot option If I start a homegroup with my wired desktop neither laptop sees it However if I connect my desktop to the network using my USB wireless adapter then I can establish a Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join homegroup with either a laptop or the desktop with no problem I have checked that IPv is enabled and that all the services listed in other posts are enabled I'm fairly certain the cause is some setting in my router security but I don't see anything that would prevent my Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join desktop from linking I can also get on the internet with no problem Please help

A:Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join

check your firewall settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211133-wired-computer-doesnt-see-wireless-computers-network-cannot-join.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I have two Win7 machines that I am trying to connect via a router, both via a LAN and wireless. A printer is also wired to the router. The netwrok is desiganted as a Home Network on both computers.The system worked until I replaced a laptop running XP with a desktop running Win7.

The network map for desktop1 shows two network connections, a wired LAN connection and a wireless connection via the router. Both the wired and wireless network maps show the router and the printer but not desktop2.

The network map for desktop2 shows only one connection, but shows it as both wired and wireless. Again, both the wired and wireless network maps show the router and the printer but not desktop1.

How do I get the two computers to recognize each other?

BTW, I have an external harddrive attached to desktop1 for backups. I can backup desktop2 to that harddrive.

A:Problems Networking two Win7 Computers

Hi hwp,

Did you setup a Homegroup?
Home sweet homegroup: Networking the easy way in Windows 7

If you have a Security or Firewall Software, pls. disable it for now. If you are using Windows built-in Firewall, make sure to exclude File and Printer sharing.

In addition to the link please create the same UserName and Password on both computers.

Alternatively, try accessing the shared folder od Drive this way:
Click on the Windows Orb, type \\ComputerName\SharedFolderName press enter, also the Computer Name can be replaced by an IP Address.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205087-problems-networking-two-win7-computers.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I am running windows 7 x64 enterprise on 11 workstations in a workgroup (no domain access). These computers are connected through a larger university subnet. When I click on network to see the computers in my workgroup, my system show hundreds of other systems, not just my own workgroup. I am assuming these other computers are ones connected to the university subnet(s). I did not have this problem when I was using WinXP, which only displayed my workgroup computers in Network Neighborhood. How can I limit the display to only the computers in my workgroup? Any help will be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-sees-computers-not-in-workgroup.903432/
Relevancy 96.75%

I have a simple home network with a win7 and a win 8.1 desktop. I have set up my workgroup and put both into that workgroup. I have set a directory with access to everyone on each computer. File sharing is on. I use windows firewall and microsoft security essentials appropriately, I think. Neither computer allows access to the shared directory on the other computer. My message is "Windows cannot access .... Contact administrator. I think I have read everything on the internet about how to solve the problem, but am at my wits end. This should be a slam dunk, 5-minute task, but I have spent months trying to get it to work.

A:workgroup with win7 and win8.1 computers

Turn off the firewall on both computers. No need to have the firewall enabled, if the computers are going to be on your own LAN and on a Router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55591-workgroup-win7-win8-1-computers.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I'm stuck Have computer A running Win b with Canon Pixma MG printer connected via USB Have been trying to share this printer with Computer B running Win Computers Win7 USB Print sharing 2 b located in another room Both computers connected to network via cat wired home Router is a D-Link DGL- Obviously printer works with Computer A Computer B USB Print sharing 2 Win7 Computers can not find printer path Here's what I've tried already Used online tutorial guide submitted by Jimbo Results quot Network name cannot be found quot For Computer A Under Printer Properties I have the following Port USB Description Virtual printer port for USB Printer Canon MG series Printer XPS Canon MG series Printer also listed is Port DOT Description HP Photosmart series Printer Note this printer has been removed along with driver and software However I cannot delete this port nor change its description Both computers have been setup for print file share So using computer name I have tried computername virtualport computer name CanonMG seriesPrinterXPS CanonMG seriesPrinter both attempts resulted in the above stated error message Network name cannot be found I'm at a lost I have a strong suspicion that the issue is the left over DOT HP printer Please help

A:USB Print sharing 2 Win7 Computers

Just a thought; You did explicitly share the printer when you set it up, right ??

Give it a simple sharename that's easy to type in.

Try using \\ipaddress\sharename as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137763-usb-print-sharing-2-win7-computers.html
Relevancy 96.75%

hi all i maybe someone can help me, i am trying connect my second computer from my host pc, there both running windows 7, there both connected to a wired Rj5 cable no router, now the thing is i don't want to be connected trough home group Ive found its to slow to transfer files and takes up more processes etc, all i want is the second computer to connect online from the host computer, and last with windows xp i had no problems connecting both machine but now since ive put windows 7 on both its been a nightmare to network them, to much for Microsoft making there newer os simple, but yea i would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out thanks

A:connecting 2 computers online with win7

Hello canada,

Read up on this to tell you about setting up a home network: Start here to set up a home network in Windows 7

To set up a share between computers, here is a link to a how-to: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...s-with-someone. If you don't see your answer, keep scrolling down, there is a lot more info at the bottom.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203343-connecting-2-computers-online-win7.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I have to install around 20 new computers with Win7 and a standard set of Software like firefox, antivirus, MS Office. They go into a small business network with a Domain server with an active directory (Windows 2008 R2).

How to do this in a fast and controlled way?
Is there another method then make a reference PC and spread the image on the other computers?

thanks for your advices.

A:Installing Win7 and software to several computers

Hi and welcome to TSF see this Choosing an Image Strategy and Building Windows 7 System Images

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-win7-and-software-to-several-computers-615618.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I have created an ad hoc wireless network by the name quot Trial quot and created a network key as quot letstry quot Now I am trying to login to this network from other computer which is in the same room at ft distance This ad hoc network appears files in to network copying ad ad network computers connecting from hoc hoc and in the list of available networks When I connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network try to connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network login it asks for the network key I provided network key and then confirmed it now when I click connect instead of getting connected to first computer I am getting pop up window mwssage In the title bar of the pop window it says quot Wireless configuration quot In the message it reads quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot Then I changed network key to quot letstry quot i e exactly ascii characters and now I am able to connect to the ad hboc wireless network of first computer Does it mean that network key has to bne exactly or ascii characters and nothing else than that If not then quot letstry quot network key has ascii characters between and ascii characters then why am I getting this kind of message But now I can not browse files of fisrt computer from second computer or vice versa When I am connnected to ad hoic network and open network and sharing center I see only one link quot My computer - gt internet quot which is broken Usually the link diagram is shown as quot My computer - gt Network - gt internet quot When I am connected to ad hoc network quot network quot part from the diagram is missing If there is quot network quot part in the diagram may be I can browse computers in the network and see other computer But since I can not see other computer this way how can I connect to other computer Whats the way to browse other connected computers in the ad hoc network How do I copy files from one computer to other When I click on computer I can not see the files or folders of other computer Please guide me how to copy files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-ad-hoc-network-and-copying-files-from-computers-in-ad-hoc-network-479434.html
Relevancy 96.75%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello to everyone,

It has been a long while now since I started troubleshooting this issue, but I have not been able to solve it at all.
The problem is I have a network with Windows Server 2003 and around 20 workstations connected, all of them sharing files and resourses smoothly, without any inconvenients (all of them with XP or 7).

BUT, there is one XP station that suddenly disconnects from the network. With this I mean I cannot "see" the computer in the network from my Win7 computer (in fact I do not get to see it from any other computer including the server). I have a network
drive mounted that accesses a folder in this XP station and it works for a while and then also stops working.
Finally, if I ping this station it works.
Hope you can help me out.

Regards.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/99b89e30-ab06-419b-ae7d-74c6c0c26c99/windows-7-computers-suddenly-not-quotseeingquot-a-computer-in-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 95.89%

Yes yet another question about the quot network password quot issue with Win networking This has nothing to do with Win -winxp networking as most of the questions related to this subject from google appear to be This is an issue of single win installation being unable to connect to another specific win installation over the network computers all Network Password: networking Enter win7 to win7 win ultimate bit no changes or modifications Enter Network Password: win7 to win7 networking made to their network configuration of them talk to each other just fine I share files with without homegroup no problem that th computer which is the trouble computer only has problems when it tries to connect to a specific computer on the network It can connect and see the shared files on the other no problem also the computer I am having trouble connecting to can see the shared files folders of ALL of the computers without a password prompt including on the computer that is having the problem I have never seen this form of quot one way quot sharing issue where the computer in question cannot connect but everyone else can I have tried all the usual stuff changing Secpol settings changing adding users of the same name password on the different PCs changinng the advanced sharing settings to disable password protection deleted added new credentials nothing works I am about at the limit and ready to try reinstalling windows I dont really want to I am running this off a Sandforce SSD OCZ Vertex and I dont really want to have to keep rewriting s of gigabytes worth of data to attempt a fix

A:Enter Network Password: win7 to win7 networking

Dear Bogolo,

your question is not clear what do you mean by

that 4th computer, which is the trouble computer, only has problems when it tries to connect to a specific computer on the network. It can connect and see the shared files on the other 2 no problem.

also, the computer I am having trouble connecting to can see the shared files/folders of ALL of the computers without a password prompt, including on the computer that is having the problem.

can you please re post your exact question.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185204-enter-network-password-win7-win7-networking.html
Relevancy 95.89%

small network with stations running windows PC ultimate -bit all were fresh installed with BitDefender antivirus and MS office brand new laptops new desktops older P desktop on ethernet the old one is visible as billing-pc most of them are via WIFI-n one via ethernet on the network is also mac mini server running SMB for file sharing services the server is not showing by default ether at some point i began to notice that not all computers are showing under the quot network quot in windows explorer i can easily ping all computers by IP or name without problems i can always force open the computers shared files windows firewall is on on all as standard from installation and has not been touched IPv disabled on all i started to mess around in advanced sharing but none seems to have an effect when i force the with windows only 7 problems computers not appearing - map on network some the computer windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some to open server it shows in the network browser but when i refresh the windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some window it disapears from the main right side window and remains as old link on the left mostly - stations list normally all the time i ve checked ipconfig -all on a visible vs unvisible computer and that was identical Code C Users bruce gt ipconfig -all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bruce-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - B-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August AM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E C BD - D - C -AC A- A A FD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d f fffb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d f fffb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled i hope this might be a common issue with a quick fix before i spent hours of investigating this please advise what i should check nbsp

A:windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-problems-with-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map-only-some.944131/
Relevancy 95.89%

So I had my system running for 10 days without any reboots, but in that time I might have done something to cause issues. I remember trying to remove Homegroup and a few others, without success. Forgot about and went on with my day.

Finally rebooted, and now within Windows Explorer, The Network icon will not show any computers, I click on it, nothing happens.

I have checked all Homegroup related tweaks and none seem to be the cause.

Any ideas? What I may have done, or what could cause this?

*sidenote, but may be related, a few of my programs didn't start up (even though in Ccleaner they still show as apps that start on boot).

A:No Network Computers Shown - Windows Explorer

If you removed the home group, you will have to create another one or rejoin one for a homegroup to show up again.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38426-no-network-computers-shown-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello all -- I have worked Windows multiple Network a 7 between computers up Setting as a designer on PC and MAC for years but have never had to do the following task and have not found good source info through Google searches I will have a Setting up a Windows 7 Network between multiple computers quot Master quot laptop in one main room in which I will collect presentations for speakers who will be presenting these PPT Video files in other meeting Setting up a Windows 7 Network between multiple computers rooms The Master computer will be setup with folders on the desktop that are named to reflect the remote meeting room names Each Presentation room will have laptops Main and backup the presenter in that room needs to be able to access the files that reside on the Master computer How do I set up the Network parameters of all the computers How do I create folders to share files across the network I hope this is clear -- I have watched this done before Setting up a Windows 7 Network between multiple computers but have never had to set it up start-to-finish myself Thanks for any help you can lend to me

A:Setting up a Windows 7 Network between multiple computers

Welcome to Seven Forums,

What is the Operating System of the Master PC where you will be storing files and act as a file server? Are the other PCs mixed of Windows O/Ses?

Are you trying to setup and network both wired and wireless computers and other devices (if available)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301188-setting-up-windows-7-network-between-multiple-computers.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello,
I handle the IT where I work. We are on a peer to peer network with a dell server for data storage, there are 16 computers on our network 8 with win7 8 with XP. The router is a cisco rsv4000, with static IP add on the lan side. no wireless devices on the network. Broadband internet. The proble is when I bring up my network in windows 7 it first show the correct devices the continues to search and starts shownig bogus computers, alot of them with names like BU-10789856. This does not happen all the time, and the error does not show when I do net view in command promt. The XP computers on our network are not affected.
Any Help, thanks
Tim

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395963-unkown-computers-showing-windows-network.html
Relevancy 95.89%

When clicking on "network", only the computer I am working on shows up.
This is on an active directory domain.
I have made sure network discovery is turned on.
Link layer topology is started and is checked for all network adaptors.
I have gone into gpedit and turned on Mapper i/o and responder.
I have tried turning off the firewall.

I can still map drives just find and such but I need to link a program to a license manager and it will only work through the network map.
Our XP machines are fine, just our windows 7 32 and 64, that do not work.

A:Windows 7 pro 64bit not showing any computers in network map

double check and make sure the other windows 7 pc has network discovery on also because maybe one of them doesn't have it turned on

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207383-windows-7-pro-64bit-not-showing-any-computers-network-map.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Windows laptop cannot access network computers Network setup W laptop Home v but problem was even before v access laptop network cannot Windows computers 10 connected via either Ethernet or wireless to a TP-link MR router firewall disabled W Windows 10 laptop cannot access network computers tablet Pro v wireless W desktop Ethernet connected Internet is provided via a separate LTE router connected to the TP-link Buffalo NAS LS connected via cable to TP-link Problem cannot access other computers or NAS on my home network from my w laptop COMPUTERNAME or IP-address makes no difference Also The laptop itself cant be accessed from other computers Other computers can see the laptop but generate x windows cannot access when I click on the laptop The same happens when trying to access other computes from the laptop The laptop can see the tablet but not the W desktop If I enable disable SMB in the NAS or create a new folder in the NAS I can sometimes get the NAS visible from the laptop until next reboot however I can never browse the shared folders This was possible from the laptop a few weeks ago before the problems started There has never been any problem to access the webGUI s for the router or NAS from the laptop The tablet W desktop amp NAS has no problem accessing each others folders I have spent many days on this and lost track of all suggested fixes amp registry hacks that I have tried without success but below is a list of some things tested Enable network discovery filesharing disable password protection etc advanced sharing page tested all settings Reinstalled all network cards Enable Netbios over TCP-IP Adding a new local user account Setting Full Control for everyone for a shared folder Changed COMPUTERNAMES to CAPS Client for microsoft is installed in TCP-IPV Disabled windows firewall Blocked incoming port TCP Turning NAS desktop laptop on off in different order NAS become master browser if turned on first if not W desktop The laptop does not seem to be able to take the role of master browser Removed homegroups from all computers laptop cannot join homegroup and other computers cant join homegropup on laptop I'm just about to give up and make a clean install of w on the laptop not looking forward to that with GB to back up without access to my NAS Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64749-windows-10-laptop-cannot-access-network-computers.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I have computers on my home network of which are running Windows pro and the other one is Windows Vista home All of 7 Windows my on of Cannot only network. ONE - access home computers the computers are in the same workgroup I tried using homegroup as well but it worked terribly and I disabled it all of them have the same network settings file and printer sharing on network discovery on etc all of them have access to the internet and for Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. the purposes of troubleshooting I have disable all AV software and firewalls For months I was able to connect to all of my computers from any other computer Suddenly my main office computer Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. Windows which I'm also using as a Quickbooks file server so I NEED it to work started losing it's connection and file sharing with the others I would restart it and that would fix the problem for anywhere from minute to week Now I simply cannot connect to it at all with any Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. computers and rebooting doesn't help The problem-computer is usually visible in the network window of the other computers but trying to access it returns an error of x cannot access check the spelling blah blah If I run Windows Network Diagnostics it says my computer is configured correctly but the other computer is the problem If i run the diagnostics on the problem-computer it says THE SAME THING So frustrating I recently learned that if I type the local IP address of one of my computers into the explorer bar of the problem-computer BOOM Instant access However If I type the IP address of the problem-computer into any of the others I get nothing at all Not even an error Just nothing This has been an EXTREMELY frustrating problem for me for the last few months and it is very much inhibiting my ability to run my home office I would really appreciate any help or suggestions Let me know if you need me to post diagnostic reports or anything Thanks everyone

A:Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network.

It turned out to be my old, crappy, wireless PCI adapter in the problem computer. Replaced it, problem solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309418-windows-7-cannot-access-only-one-my-computers-home-network.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I m at the end of my rope with this one I have a Belkin N router a laptop and a desktop both running Windows Desktop wired Ethernet laptop connects wirelessly via one of two wireless adapters--a Dell WLAN card or a Netgear RangeMax adapter I ve tested this problem with both adapters and the behavior is identical regardless which adapter I use and I disable the one I m not using When I first connect wirelessly all is fine I can access the other computer and its files on the network After a matter of minutes though average time around minutes the laptop quot between dropping - keeps Network computers communication Windows 7 disappears quot from the list of DHCP clients on the router s webpage and I can no longer quot see quot the other computer or access its files This is true whether I am on the laptop trying to access the desktop or vice-versa I ve turned off both firewalls for testing on both computers and it happens with them off as well as on I ve triple-checked that the security setting WPA with AES is the same on the router and the adapter I ve also tried changing the security settings I ve tried changing the channel I ve tried putting quot protect mode quot on Even though the laptop seemingly quot disappears quot from the router s client list I can access the internet just fine and I stay connected to the network--I just can t access my other computer or its files Incidentally or maybe not I have NEVER been able to get quot homegroups quot to work I also have network discovery quot on quot and my network is set to quot home quot I have called Windows 7 - Network communication between computers keeps dropping Belkin whose tech support insists that if I am able to access the internet it can t be anything in the router itself I believe that this is a relatively recent development but I can t think of any settings that could have been Windows 7 - Network communication between computers keeps dropping changed The Homegroup situation though has been going on since I installed Windows Any Windows 7 - Network communication between computers keeps dropping ideas would be appreciated--I have tried everything I can think of or find online One other bit of info I ve checked the error logs on the laptop and I receive Event quot The name quot WORKGROUP d quot could not be registered on the interface with The computer with the IP address did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer quot is the quot disappearing laptop quot while is the desktop I ve been trying to research it but I don t want to mess around with things too much unless I m sure I m on the right track It kind of makes sense to me on an intuitive level I m no expert that something like this might be the cause But I don t know how to fix it nbsp

Relevancy 95.89%

Hi I have a desktop and a laptop setup at home I have recently upgraded both to Windows Both were previously running Windows Home Premium and could identify each other on the network and I could access files on either PC from one or the other at any time With the upgrade to Windows I am still able to see the other 10 on Other Computers Home Network Cannot Access Windows machine on the local network but I am unable to access their folders and move files between machines The error message I get is as follows When Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network I run the network diagnosis no errors are detected and Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network it asks me if I want to explore other options The full error message is I do have shared libraries available across both machines that are part of my homegroup so I can access the video files in the hard drive of my desktop from my Laptop but only to play them - not to move them around I suspect this is either a user validation issue or a firewall issue and I'm not sure how to go about checking whether this is the case or not Any assistance much appreciated IvorTollah

A:Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network

You have to map the share from the other machine. This is a known SMB-CIFS with Windows 10, no time frame known when it will be fixed.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/25915-cannot-access-other-computers-windows-10-home-network.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Oh how frustrating Networking issue - Win printer XP remote machines describes some agonies I had computers blast, printer here w/XP - sharing we Win7 again Oh go in December getting XP computers to print over my home wireless network on a printer USB connected to a Windows computer The information at How to Enable Printer amp File Sharing between Windows and Windows XP Windows Oh blast, here we go again - sharing Win7 printer w/XP computers finally solved my problem and I've been printing happily ever since Until last night when I replaced my -year-old HP C with a Canon iP Series XPS printer My home computers are two Win bit ones plus three XP bit ones Let me run through the computers and my experiences getting Oh blast, here we go again - sharing Win7 printer w/XP computers them to print to the new printer My computer -bit Windows Printed first time after following installation instructions -bit Windows laptop Once I added the new printer by typing its remote name win box canon ip series xps it found the computer found the driver and printed fine -bit XP Dell netbook This computer has no CD drive so I copied the contents of the installer CD to a flash drive Adding the new printer was as simple as typing in the remote share name then searching for the driver on the flash drive okay finding the driver on the flash drive was tricky Took no more than five minutes -bit XP Lenovo laptop I never got farther than being asked to enter a password to access the remote printer And the password I entered it wouldn't accept -bit XP desktop This worked a lot like the Dell netbook I entered the remote share name it couldn't find the driver asked me to search for it - but the same files that were acceptable to the Dell netbook were not acceptable here I wound up trying to find an XP- driver for the printer downloading it to this machine and even then even after a restart could not get the printer recognized So what am I missing A perhaps-obvious thing would be to run the installer disk for the printer on the last two machines so that it can put drivers on them But why did the Dell netbook accept the drivers I'd put on the flash drive but the XP desktop not And why when the Lenovo laptop had been able to print from the old HP printer connected to the Win box was it asking for a password for the new box I'd think that the XP machines would all quot react quot the same and give the same issues and they haven't I'm at work now not by the machines But I'm hoping that I get some responses during the day that I can try at night Given that I wrestled with this problem five months ago solved it and documented how I'd think I'd not have it again - especially with a newer printer that should support this stuff better than the old one did

A:Oh blast, here we go again - sharing Win7 printer w/XP computers

Okay, replying to my own post.

Using the installation disk to install the drivers to each computer did the trick.

In the case of the Lenovo laptop, that was weird. The thing was not a part of my home network, somehow. Then I somehow made it a part of the home network, and it connected correctly the first time.

Probably three hours of work to do what should have taken 15 minutes, but it's done. I am now ready to wait another decade to buy a printer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165403-oh-blast-here-we-go-again-sharing-win7-printer-w-xp-computers.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello,

I need to switch the OS on my laptop to my desktop and vice versa. Ultimate is currently on my laptop and Pro is on my desktop. Need Ultimate on my desktop.

The issue, to me, is that the Ultimate is a Steve Ballmer signed copy from the rollout parties and I believe that it can only be put on one machine?

How can I accomplish this without spending cash on an expensive upgrade?

A:Switch Win7 Pro and Ultimate to opposite computers?

Signature edition is retail Win7, which can be moved to any machine of your choice whenever you want for life. It can only be on one machine at a time.

If the other copy is also retail (not OEM) then it can be swapped as well. Just wipe each HD before installing. Make sure you have the Product Keys clearly readable, or audit them using Belarc Advisor first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/114255-switch-win7-pro-ultimate-opposite-computers.html
Relevancy 95.89%

My office network had workstations and two laptops all running XP Also an HP large format plotter on Jet direct connect computers Win7 printers to New won't shared a Xerox high speed page printer on the Ethernet port another HP small format plotter connected directly to one of the workstations and a small HP inkjet page printer connected to another of the workstations All was well in the kingdom for years with all the printers plotters shared and all the data files folders shared with everyone even with replacement devices over the years Then a laptop recently died and the new one has WIN pro It will share folders New Win7 computers won't connect to shared printers but won t print to anything Then we added a new workstation last week and it too has WIN pro It will share files but won t print to anything Both the Win machines see the network printers and both reported successful connections and drivers and show in the device manager They both show all the printers plotters as ready or offline correctly in the spooler or control panel If you send a print job to them it appears to go but never prints plots The test print function does the same no print The onboard printer diagnostics say no errors detected There are no print jobs hanging in the spooler If I connect the printers directly USB to the win machines they print OK I have no way to directly connect and test the Ethernet printers plotters Any clues If this is progress I want my XP back

A:New Win7 computers won't connect to shared printers

Well, even if windows 7 sees the printers; you still have to install drivers for printers; even if they are on a network. I would check with each of the printers manufacturer's sites to see what drivers they have. I know this because i had to do this for my dad's desktop at his current office. They have a high speed printer on their network; for which i had to install the driver for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316582-new-win7-computers-wont-connect-shared-printers.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I ran through the Network Wizard again, and put in the address of my desktop computer and voila!, the icon came back. I'm not a tech wizard by any means, and didn't know what the address of my desktop computer looked like, but I found some hints online and tried them. Thanks for the help guys.

A:Resolved: Network Places - Can't see one of the computers on My Network

No need to post a new thread to tell us this, just respond in the original thread. Also, you can mark the thread solved using the thread tools at the top of the page.

Here's your original thread: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/667123-network-places-can-t-see.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-network-places-cant-see-one-of-the-computers-on-my-network.667264/
Relevancy 95.03%

Preface I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows to windows I also have a desktop that is still running windows One of the hard drives on my desktop is shared and I often-enough will copy files from my laptop to my desktop The laptop connects wirelessly and the desktop is wired Today however I could not get my laptop to see my desktop on the network It is connected to in Other network showing; computers not shows old instead. network the network I am receiving internet just fine When I first click the network tab in the navigation pane it does not list any section for any computers Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead. So I tell it to refresh and after a moment it now displays three computers all of which were ones I would see on the network from a house I no longer live in Now as it just so happens one of those computers is my desktop as I had it back then but when I try to access it it just gives me the spinning wheel for a while and then just says it can't access it If I click quot diagnose quot it doesn't find anything that's wrong This is pretty much the same result I get form trying to connect to one of the computers from my old house I haven't changed any settings and I was indeed able to connect to that computer at this house just a week or so ago Not sure what the problem is but I haven't tried much other than resetting the computer I'm open to suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62461-other-computers-network-not-showing-shows-old-network-instead.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I have computers on my home network of which are running Windows pro and the other one is Windows Vista home All of the computers are in the same workgroup I tried using homegroup as well but it worked terribly and I disabled it all of them have the same network settings file and printer sharing on network discovery on etc all of them have access 7 my Cannot home network. only ONE Windows computers Solved: access of on - to the internet and for the purposes of troubleshooting I have disable all AV software and firewalls For months I was able to connect Solved: Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. to all of my computers from any other computer Suddenly my main office computer Windows which I m also using as a Quickbooks file server so I NEED it to work started losing it s connection and file sharing with the others I would restart it and that would fix the problem for anywhere from minute to week Now I simply cannot connect to it Solved: Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. at all with any computers and rebooting doesn t help The problem-computer is usually visible in the network window of the other computers but trying to access it returns an error of x cannot access check the spelling blah blah If I run Windows Network Diagnostics it says my computer is configured correctly but the other computer is the problem If i run the diagnostics on the problem-computer it says THE SAME THING So frustrating I recently learned that if I type the local IP address of one of my computers into the explorer bar of the problem-computer BOOM Instant access However If I type the IP address of the problem-computer into any of the others I get nothing at all Not even an error Just nothing This has been an EXTREMELY frustrating problem for me for the last few months and it is very much inhibiting my ability to run my home office I would really appreciate any help or suggestions Let me know if you need me to post diagnostic reports or anything Thanks everyone nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-cannot-access-only-one-of-my-computers-on-home-network.1111439/
Relevancy 95.03%

hello
I have a windows XP and a Windows Vista computers, I'm able to go into the internet from both computers. From my windows XP computer I'm able to see and map the extra hard I have on the vista computer, and as well I'm able to ping the Vista computer from my XP; however, from the Vista computer I can't ping the XP computer nor see the extra drives I have in it. who can help me to solve this problem. I've tried many ways to do it but I haven't been successfull.
can somebody help me please
I need to solve this problem ASAP.

A:unable to see windows XP network drives from my vista computers

To share files or a printer from XP computers, follow these procedures:~
1. Download and install the Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) responder:~

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Read the instructions!

2. Check these out as well...

Windows Technet:~

File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista

Most Valuable Proffesional:~

How to share files or a folder in Vista
3. Don't forget to configure (Input ip addresses in subnetworks) your Firewall to accept sharing from other computers.If you have Kaspersky check this below:~

Kaspersky Blocks My Network
I hope this solves your problem...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/213228-unable-see-windows-xp-network-drives-my-vista-computers.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Guys I need help
scenario 
switch HP V1910
Watchguard
server 2011 sbs, domain controler
malwarebytes corporate - removed from all computers for a test
eset corporate - removed from some computers for a test
we have laptops and desktops Windows 7 PRO SP1, everyday we have around 4 or 6 computers freezing, and to use the computer we need to hard reboot, we lost completely control of the computers.

I have tried to update the watchguard, reset the switch, removed some programs, update drivers, and I didn't found where is the problem, some one can help me?

thank you,
Nathan Elias

an2nathan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/01b8eb12-cce2-4239-a1e7-edd962f631bc/windows-7-freeze-many-computers-different-time-same-network-in-domain?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello I recently upgraded the Home. correctly showing Computers not up network Windows 10 in machines on my home Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home. network to windows home I am having frustrating issues with the network at the moment and would appreciate any help available Currently Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home. when I open up quot this PC quot and click on network only one of the computers shows up and this machine is not the local machine on of them However If I type in the UNC address for Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home. the other machines I can access them If I set up a home group all the computers show up in the home group roll out under quot this PC quot but still not in the network Something else that is strange If I look at quot network and sharing center quot two of the the computer see one private network name and the other one sees a different name I did not have any of these issues with windows prior to upgrade The exact same hardware PC's router ect functioned correctly all of the PC's are hard wired to the router so any WiFi issues can be ruled out Thank you in advance for your help

A:Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home.

This gets so time consuming, that I hate to even get started but I have a similar problem. I actually think that some update to win 10 caused this issue but can't verify it. I have 2 desktops and 2 laptops on the network. One desktop and one notebook were upgraded to win 10 about a month ago. Everything was fine then. Since three days ago, the notebook does not show up on the other computers at all including itself. This is under "network" on file explorer. On the notebook under HOMEGROUP , it shows a mixture of username and computer names but never the same thing twice. The WIn 10 desktop shows the same mixture under Homegroup, but shows everything under NETWORK but the notebook. The note book has become the hidden device on all four computers in the house. The frustrating things is that tomorrow, these results will all be different. So far the required shared folders and printers work as advertised, even though the names don't show up !!!!
What's a mother to do????

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32342-computers-network-not-showing-up-correctly-windows-10-home.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi there So I have a WD essential external disk that connects to my lenovo laptop T running win via usb It was working well and recently laptop 2.0 detected drive show in but usb other win7 in not computers I do not see the external disk I connect the disk to my other laptop and it shows up So I wonder its the problem with T I want the drive to work with this T as it now serves as a server for the home so I need the disk connected to it I tried couple things without a fix - Restart not work - Check disk manager the WD disk is not in it - usb 2.0 drive not detected in win7 laptop but show in other computers driver update WD essential does not have usb 2.0 drive not detected in win7 laptop but show in other computers a driver to download from WD website - usb compatibility I do remember my wife installed an logitech camera C via usb and found it other post that usb may affect it I unplug the usb camera and it does not help I can try to uninstal the usb driver but do not know which one is it from the device manager Please help me with this problem Thank you

A:usb 2.0 drive not detected in win7 laptop but show in other computers

Install the latest update from windows update, backup the data on the disk and wipe it. That might fix it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364052-usb-2-0-drive-not-detected-win7-laptop-but-show-other-computers.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I am having exactly the same problem within one day with two different Win Dell Inspirons in two different buildings - both less than months old Booted up got quot Starting Windows quot screen screen goes black mouse cursor is there and moves but nothing works Will not boot in safe mode Windows repair says Screen Black on Win7 multiple on computers bootup that it can t find anything wrong Got one brief flash message that there was something possibly wrong with a plug and play device driver but could never duplicate it to see it long enough to read it all Dell and Windows System diagnostics all passed Virus scans were clean I was able to fix one using an old system restore point from a month ago The other is a mystery I only get restore points and none work Makes no sense as this is the slightly older of the two computers I had a huge list of restore points on the other System restore was not switched off by me Went on with Linux and pulled off the files I need Fedora Live will mount a Dell Windows drive - no permission issues I have some software though that I can t really replace Was this a bad update mmmmmmmm or is there something else out there Looking for some direction to avoid the reload and to prevent in the future

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482643/win7-black-screen-on-bootup-on-multiple-computers/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi I just added more computers x Linux and x WinXP to my 'cluster' of 'Folding Home' computers here Computers and are Ubuntu Linux desktop systems which as I have mentioned before are very useful to have around when 'rescuing' files that are otherwise inaccessible using Windows of any variety Computer was built mainly as a place to put the GTS Graphics card from my computer when I am able to get the new GTX 'Fermi' card my system has a -Watt power supply to permit the GTX to be 'dropped my Hardware x WinXP, Win7, for computers: 2 List x Linux 10 x 16 4 right in' when it becomes available here in Canada My current Folding Home score which you can see here PlanetAMD 's active Members at UTC- I am username 'art l j PlanetAMD ' is up to total points which puts Hardware List for my 16 computers: 10 x Win7, 4 x WinXP, 2 x Linux me at out of individuals and entities such as Universities who are currently Folding as we call running the 'Folding Home' software My points-per-week score at puts me in the top of all Folders so my ranking currently is predicted to rise to within the next days So without further ado here is the complete hardware list of my computers Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Phenom II Black Edition X Quad-Core GHz AM MB ASUS M A T Deluxe RAM GB DDR MHz HDD TB x GB GPU x Gigabyte GeForce GTS OC MHz GB GDDR PSU OCZ ModXStream-Pro Watt OCZ MXSP Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Phenom II Black Edition X Quad-Core GHz AM MB ASUS M A T Deluxe RAM GB DDR MHz HDD TB x GB GPU x MSI N GTX SuperPipe OC MHz Core GB GDDR MHz Memory PSU Corsair Watt TX W Folding Machine OS Windows XP Home SP CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core GHz Socket MB ASUS A N-SLI Deluxe RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x Gigabyte GeForce GT MB GDDR PSU Enermax Watt EG P-VE Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Socket AM GHZ MB NM W MB Biostar MCP P-M AM AMD mATX NVIDIA GeForce NFORCE PCIe-x PCI RAID Video Sound RAM GB DDR MHz HDD TB x GB GPU x EVGA GeForce GTX MHZ MB GHZ DDR PSU Enermax Watt ELT AWT Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x ASUS GeForce EN GSO HDMI MB GDDR PSU OCZ StealthXStream Watt OCZ SXS Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x EVGA GeForce GTX MHZ GB GHZ DDR PSU Enermax Watt ELT AWT Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x Gigabyte GeForce GTS OC MHz GB GDDR PSU CoolerMaster Watt RS- -PCAR-A Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x ASUS GeForce EN GSO HDMI MB GDDR PSU Logisys Watt PS D Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x ASUS GeForce EN GSO HDMI MB GDDR PSU Enermax Watt EG P-VE Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon II X Dual Core AM GHz MB Cache W MB ASUS M A TD-M EVO RAM GB DDR - MHz HDD TB x GB GPU x Palit GeForce GTX Sonic Core NM MHz MB GHz GDDR PSU BFG Watt BFGR WGSPSU Folding Machine OS Windows XP Home SP CPU AMD Athlon GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x BFG GeForce GTS OC MB GDDR PSU CoolerMaster Watt RS- -PCAR-A Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x BFG GeForce GTS OC MB GDDR PSU CoolerMaster Watt RS- -PCAR-A Folding Machine OS Windows XP Home SP CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Socket AM GHZ MB NM W MB Biostar MCP P-M AM AMD mATX NVIDIA GeForce NFORCE PCIe-x PCI RAID Video Sound RAM GB DDR MHz HDD TB x GB GPU x EVGA GeForce GTX Core NM MHz MB GHz GDDR PSU Antec Watt EA- Folding Machine OS Ubuntu Linux desktop -bit CPU AMD Athlon XP MB ECS Elitegroup GX-M RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU Integrated Video on-board not used for Folding PS... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hardware-list-for-my-16-computers-10-x-win7-4-x-winxp-2-x-linux-472122.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi

I have tried searching the forums and tried all possible solutions but none of them seem to work.

My setup is as follows:

"Server":
Windows 7 Professional x86
Connected to Draytek 2820n MIMO router with Gigabit Cat6 cable (Win reports 1Gbps)

(brand new) Laptop:
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
Connected to the same router wirelessly 802.11n (Win reports 300-450mbps)

Router:
WPA2 AES

I seem to have a problem with server to laptop transfer speeds which look to be capped at approx 3-3.5 MB/s. It seems too low for a 802.11n speed to me!

I feel like I have tried everything:

1. Removed antivirus, disabled windows firewalls on both computers
2. Removed Remote Differential Compression on both computers
3. Disabled autotuning
4. Tested server's HDD with SeaTools
5. Disabled IPv6 on both computers
6. Disabled Large Send Offload in NIC's advanced properties on the server
7. Screenshot from NetCPS is attached below

Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Win7 to Win7 slow network transfers

A question if i may, how far away is the laptop from the wifi router?

Distance affects transfer speeds tremendously...

As an example, I've a laptop hooked up via GbE (1Gbps) using CAT-6 cables to a router that is transfering files to another laptop thats using Wireless N @ 150Mbps..

When the laptop on wireless in right on top of the router i get 8 - 10 MB/s speeds, when it's in a room separated by a couple of walls, it drops to as low as 2-3 MB/s..

Physical obstacles and distance from the router are two major factors... Also try to rule out interference from any other 2.4 GHz devices in the vicinity.... Any other wireless networks in the area using the same channel perhaps? If so, try changing the Upper and Control channels to a different number in the router configuration....

Getting 300+ Mbps requires a dual band 2.4GHz channels which may be impinging on the spectrum that other nearby networks are using.... leading to interference and poorer than expected performance...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203917-win7-win7-slow-network-transfers.html
Relevancy 94.17%

DT desktop wired LT laptop wireless DT - Windows Ultimate x main PC DT - Windows Vista x LT - Windows Ultimate x LT - Windows Home x work laptop -All on the same workgroup- -All run through D-Link Router- My issue I recently upgraded DT to win x from x and now cannot network or homegroup to any of my other computers or wireless printer Networking was fine in network to Win7/ Win7 with refuses Vista win x I have tried many Win7 refuses to network with Win7/ Vista internet solutions without success LT and LT homegroup with each other and network with DT just fine DT is the only PC excluded from this I have all my sharing settings set and I have gone through the network set-up many times fiddled with my router settings a little bit but came up with nothing When I search for other PC's on my network from DT I find no other PC's or the wireless printer When I search from any other PC I find and have access to everything except Win7 refuses to network with Win7/ Vista DT I have Sophos Anti-virus and firewall disabling the firewall makes no difference windows firewall already disabled I cannot see the wireless printer in the 'network discovery' but it shows up when I need to print and prints just fine When I go to control panel network and sharing and click the quot see full map quot I can see LT and LT as wireless items so they do exists but what gives Thanks for your time on this Caspersim

A:Win7 refuses to network with Win7/ Vista

Quote: Originally Posted by Caspersim

DT (desktop, wired)
LT (laptop, wireless)

DT 1 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (main PC)
DT 2 - Windows Vista x86
LT 1 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
LT 2 - Windows 7 Home x64 (work laptop)
-All on the same workgroup-
-All run through D-Link Router-

My issue: I recently upgraded DT 1 to win7 x64 from x86 and now cannot network or homegroup to any of my other computers or wireless printer. Networking was fine in win7 x86. I have tried many internet solutions without success. LT 1 and LT 2 homegroup with each other and network with DT 2 just fine, DT 1 is the only PC excluded from this. I have all my sharing settings set and I have gone through the network set-up many times, fiddled with my router settings a little bit, but came up with nothing.

When I search for other PC's on my network (from DT 1) I find no other PC's or the wireless printer. When I search from any other PC I find and have access to everything except DT 1!

I have Sophos Anti-virus and firewall, disabling the firewall makes no difference (windows firewall already disabled).

I cannot see the wireless printer in the 'network discovery' but it shows up when I need to print and prints just fine.

When I go to: control panel\ network and sharing and click the "see full map"
I can see LT 1 and LT 2 as wireless items, so they do exists, but what gives?

Thanks for your time on this.

Caspersim

I am a bit confused. In the above you say homegroup, and workgroup. It has to be one or the other. Which one is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135488-win7-refuses-network-win7-vista.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello This is my firt posting here I hope someone can help me I connected two notebooks via a TP-Link Win7 connection Win7 Network Slow between and router Wlan g The first computer is a brand new Samsung RF Win Home Premium bit with Intel I GB Ram The second is a year old HP Pavilion DV device with Win Home Premium bit It dosent matter if i connect via Homegroup or direct over the network to the files The speed Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7 of transmission between the two computers is about - KB Sometime i get about Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7 - KB But no idea why I guess i should get at least - MB If i click over the network on a movie file only one clock - no double click windows explorer need about - seconds for read the filedatas While this happen Windows Explorer get slow Fluid browsing in from folder to folder is not possible So whats Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7 wrong with Win On the Samsung notebook installed a virtual XP If i access with XP to the datas it is very fast Doubleclick a movie and he start withinh - seconds I spent some hours to find a solution in the internet I saw there are plenty of users with the same problem I try alot things like netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel disable disable remote differential compression and many things more Turning off Firewall and Avast Antivirus Nothing helps I change also from DHCP to static IP I checked all the drifer and firmware Everything is up to date For me Win is a backstep

A:Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7

Try resetting your WINSOCK catalog:
Winsock entries tells Windows 7 how to access your network services.
Additionally, your TCP/IP protocol can be corrupted.
The TCP/IP protocol is a stack of 4 layers that includes several transport layers.
When this stack is corrupt you will constantly have connectivity issues.

Open a command [CMD] prompt with admin privileges,
then execute these commands:
netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)
netsh interface ipv4 reset (reset TCP/IP stack)
netsh interface ipv4 reset

Can't remember where I found this online - but it has helped me with network browsing in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/180336-slow-network-connection-between-win7-win7.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I got Win7 on both my laptop on PC.
I set the network, and computers see each other
but, when I try to access the shared drive, I'm getting this message: Image 1324847505-clip-35kb.png

My user permission set like this: Image 1324847635-clip-25kb.png

I do able to access to "users" folder on each PC. I compared the permissions, and they look the same.

Any idea what might be wrong?

A:[SOLVED] Win7 to Win7 Network issue

Try this..

Quote:

Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.
If network discovery is off, click the arrow button to expand the section, click Turn on network discovery, and then click Apply. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If file sharing is off, click the arrow button to expand the section, click Turn on file sharing, and then click Apply. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If Public folder sharing is off and you want to share files by placing them in the Public folder on your computer, click the arrow button to expand the section, click Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open files or Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open, change, and create files, and then click Apply. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Enable file and printer sharing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win7-to-win7-network-issue-620324.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I am looking at getting new CPU and don't know which way to go.
Windows7 64x or windows7 32x. My Notebook is Win7 32 can I network together with no problems (well almost no problems)

A:Network 64bit win7 to a 32bit win7

they will network just fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/79052-network-64bit-win7-32bit-win7.html
Relevancy 94.17%

but, when I try to access the shared drive, I'm getting this message: Image 1324847505-clip-35kb.png

I do able to access to "users" folder on each PC. I compared the permissions, and they look the same.

A:Solved: Win7 to Win7 Network issue

You should be able to share a drive as well as a folder. Some people (for reasons unknown) had trouble sharing a drive with Vista. Maybe some people are suffering a similar problem with Windows 7. How to Share the Root of a Drive Under Vista may help with your Windows 7 issue. Don't be put off by his first three paragraphs of ranting; he does get to the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-to-win7-network-issue.1032904/
Relevancy 93.74%

i would like to reopen the pending issue small computers the not map 2010 server - windows 7 on network mini mac appearing network with stations running windows PC ultimate -bit all were fresh installed with BitDefender antivirus and MS office brand new laptops new desktops older P desktop windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server on ethernet the old one is visible as billing-pc most of them are via WIFI-n DLINK router one via ethernet on the network is also mac mini server running SMB for file sharing services the server is not showing by default ether at some point i began to notice that not all computers are showing under the quot network quot in windows explorer i can easily ping all computers by IP or name without problems i can always force open the computers shared files i can force browse any computer by pc-name just fine later on i ve discovered that turning on the GUEST MODE mode in the SMB setting made all those problems disappear the full tread is described here http forums techguy org networking -windows- -problems-computers-not html few additions the new desktops do not show a log-in prompt window when connecting to a shared folder on the SMB server i don t know why the laptops require login every time and it windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server s easy to track the permissions also i see in the connection tab in the SMB a mysterious DENY NONE user that seems to be the one when the GUEST MODE is on Now i would like to investigate with your help why the W computers are not showing in the windows explorer network browser the GUEST MODE is more of an emergency way nbsp

A:windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map-2010-mac-mini-server.955257/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello,

I work in a company with almost 80 Windows 7 computer and another 200 or 250 Windows Xp computers in the domain, sometimes when users try to copy information to the File Server (Windows Server 2008) or to the network, the copy starts but never finish. It just stay there and the only way is to force the shut down to the computer and start over copying files one by one, this only happens in Windows 7 computers and does not always happen but it is very common

Is this a Know issue in Windows 7? What can be happening in our Network??

If I try to do the same copy locally on the computer the copy ends successfully, the problem only hapends when the copy is to the network (Just Windows 7 computers, Xp computers works fine)

Thank you all.

A:Windows 7 Domain Computers Problem with copies to network drives

I would like to suggest you update the network card driver and run Windows Update to install all the important updates first.

If it does not work, I also would like to suggest you disable the automatic adjustment for the TCP window size on the network to check the issue.

1. Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

4. Exit the Command Prompt window.
5. Restart the computer.

Thanks,
Suren

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243616-windows-7-domain-computers-problem-copies-network-drives.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I have 4 computers that have Windows 7 Pro SP1 on the company network.  The network is managed at corporate.  One of the end users was having a problem on their computer so I was checking out settings and ms updates and found out that this one
computer has not had any MS Updates since Sept 2015.  In the Updates section in Control Panel it says there are no Updates to install.   I checked a couple of other computers and sure enough they haven't received the MS Updates since either August
or Sept 2015.  I am not sure why these computers are not getting the updates.  

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robin

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a57343a4-0840-4cd7-9e74-a6fa14e53528/ms-updates-are-not-coming-through-on-windows-7-pro-computers-connected-to-the-company-network?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello I have in my house a small network consisting of two computers a Desktop and a Laptop The desktop is connected directly to a Cable modem I also have a Wireless-G access point connected to the modem and through this i can connect home Windows network computers is Firewall my blocking access on to my laptop to the Internet I have both computers setup in a workgroup sharing files between them Both computers are running Windows XP Home with service pack As far as i can see the Firewall configurations are the same in both computers I have enabled the UPnP framework and it worked fine for a while However when i turned off Windows Firewall is blocking access to computers on my home network both computers for the first time after setting up the network and turned them back on the Firewall on the desktop began blocking the laptop so it couldnt recognize it as part of the workgroup thus the network stopped working From the desktop i can access the laptop without any problems However from the laptop i cant access the desktop I get a message saying quot An error occurred while reconnecting to W to mapped drive from desktop name Microsoft Windows Network The local device name is already in use This connection has not been restored quot If I turn off the firewall the network connections work perfectly however i can t seem to get it to work with the firewall and i really don t like the idea of having the firewall turned off I really don t know what to try next so I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me out with this Thank you nbsp

A:Windows Firewall is blocking access to computers on my home network

I hate to suggest the obvious, but why not invest in a $30 wireless router? It'll solve this problem and a whole lot more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-is-blocking-access-to-computers-on-my-home-network.562459/
Relevancy 93.74%

Our IT department installed some old version of Symantec Backup Exec (8.5, compatible with XP, not Windows 7), and my computer hasn't been more buggy since, and it throws warnings saying it's "at risk" and no backups have been made for over a week and there's no "restores"... I think it's just not able to see Windows 7 backups/restores.

Anyways, I was reading that Windows 7 already has automatic backup scheduling, but not sure if that can be configured for all computers on the network, and that may be why they're digging up old licensed software instead of just configuring it the Windows way (is that problematic?).

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/391188-windows-7-automatic-backup-scheduling-folder-network-computers.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I just purchased a Win7 desktop and Win7 laptop and a router for the wireless laptop. What do I need to do to be able to see the files on the old XP computer? I hooked this computer up to the router also and am not able to see the files on the old XP. I just want to transfer some files from the old to the new, but haven't been able to find any good instructions out there. Please help! I'm afraid the old XP is about to go on me and desperately need some files off of it! Thanks!!

Relevancy 91.59%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 91.59%

I HATE modern networking with every fiber of my being. Once upon a time, networking was simple. To support huge corporate networks Microsoft has made it into a nightmare for home users.

Since I've upgraded from 8.1 to 10 my wife's win7 computer can no longer use the printer on my computer. I've run down every rabbit hole I found on Google to no avail. You are my last hope. How do I fix it so she can use my printer???

NOTE: for what it's worth I can use the printer on her computer.

A:Can't share printer on my 10 with a win7 computer on the same network.

Is the printer network capable? Make/Model Requested.

Sharing is so 90's <.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55667-cant-share-printer-my-10-win7-computer-same-network.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Was working about a week ago, now "my network places" is blank. I can ping all other netwrk computers by ip and name. I ran network setup, no change. Work group is the same. Tried turning off Windows firewall, no change. Also using MSE. Nothing has changed as far as I know on this computer.

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 91.16%

I am running a peer-to-peer LAN Vanish from Wizard" Network Install Network Using Places Printer Computers My "HP of Win XP Pro SP boxes Over of them in a particular workgroup All static IP addresses All machines have File and Print Sharing set up and Windows Firewall turned off I have used quot HP Install Network Printer Wizard quot to install a couple of HP s Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places and Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places a HP d printer each of which have JetDirect N cards installed But my problem isn t with the installation and use of the printers In fact this software works fine and everyone prints happily Here s the catch all machines using HP Install Network Printer Wizard mysteriously disappear from My Network Places no matter what machine I use to look at My Network Places after minutes If I reboot one of them it s back for about minutes then gone Now they re pingable and in fact you can find them using the Search button But they re not visible and to my staff this is a major obstacle I have boxes without the HP wizard and they re visible on My Network Places Using a couple different boxes as guinea pigs I can affirm that deleting the printers uninstalling HP Install Network Printer Wizard and eliminating references to it in the registry does not reverse the situation and fix the problem Ugh I can also affirm that disabling our Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not solve the quot vanishing quot problem A call to HP Support and subsequent discussion with their reps yielded no help although they did get a good chuckle out of it nbsp

A:Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places

OK there is a catch here you know how the printers after 20 min of no using them is going in stand by mode ... for some reason the network card is going in standby mode for the printer also if you try to print over the network you gonna see that the printer is going back visible.
Solution: There was a option in Network Monitor Devices for don't going on that "standby mode" check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-using-hp-install-network-printer-wizard-vanish-from-my-network-places.596562/
Relevancy 91.16%

I use a Comcast broadband gateway, say that this network is called 'Home'.
Connected to the 'Home' LAN I have multiple PC's, a Wii, and a Linksys E2500 Router.
Connected to the Linksys routers LAN I have 1 PC and 1 network storage device. I would like to map a network drive from a PC on the 'Home' LAN to the storage device on the Linksys router LAN.
The PC on the Linksys LAN is mapped just fine to the storage device because it's on the same LAN, I cant seem to connect anything from my 'Home' LAN to my Linksys LAN. Is it possible to do this type of mapping?
Both PCs use Windows 7.

roadmaster

A:How can I Access a Child Network From a Parent Network in Win7 64bit

Why did you add a second "router" (i.e. the E2500)? You describe only a PC and NAS connected to it, which I assume are both wired-connected to the E2500. Doesn't sound like you need any of the wireless capabilities of the E2500.

What you really should have done is get a "switch", not a router, to satisfy your needs to connect that PC and NAS. A switch has none of the firewall and security features that a router has. It's simply a "port-multiplier" which has one upstream connection port (say to a wired port on your primary Comcast gateway, i.e. modem + router combined), same as your E2500 is currently connected through its WAN port to your Comast router. The switch also has an additional number of downstream ports, to allow devices in its physical vicinity to be wired-connected, same as your router did. So to the downstream wired devices currently connected to your E2500 the "switch" device looks identical, and provides the identical access to the Internet.

But the switch will provide unblocked access to all other devices on the primary LAN hosted by itself as well as by the Comcast router. And it will also provide unblocked access to all downstream devices, to any upstream device (like your first computer). Everything connected through the switch appears identical to how it would look if connected directly to the primary router, and access between ALL devices is now possible and unrestricted by firewalls and security (since there's no second router involved).

The net effect is to provide wired connection of all the downstream devices to the primary router, as if they each had their own individual wired connection to the primary router. But they don't each have their own wired connection obviously, they're simply sharing the one upstream connection from switch to router, splitting the bandwidth (of that one upstream connection) as needed whenever they need to.

So, using a simple inexpensive reliable "gigabit switch" such as the Netgear GS105 instead of your E2500, you would connect the same cable between the Comcast router and your current E2500 to one of the ports on the GS105. Then you'd connect your second PC and the NAS to two more ports on the GS105. Bingo, presto, the second PC and NAS are now part of the primary Comcast LAN's attached devices, exactly as if they had been connected directly to one of the wired ports on the Comcast box.

That's my suggestion. A home LAN with two or more routers isn't "friendly" because of the firewall and security issues (which can be disabled, but really shouldn't come into play at all). You simply want the "port-multiplying" function of a "switch" at the remote room locations around your house, to provide additional wired Internet connectivity (say to smart TV's and players) where you have only one ethernet cable run to that room.

The multiplexing effect of a switch provides no greater than the upstream maximum speed to any of its downstream connected devices, but as long as they're not all working at the same time you might as well have full speed to each downstream device. Otherwise, they will "share" the upstream bandwidth.
NOTE: if you actually do need wireless capability in the neighborhood vicinity of that GS105 switch (which itself only has wired capability) because the wireless range of your primary Comcast WiFi router doesn't reach far enough with sufficient connection quality and speed, you can add an inexpensive "wireless access point (WAP)". This is another form of "switch" which includes both wired and wireless capability (like a WiFi router). The wireless network radiating around the WAP is a SECOND wireless network in your house, and is facilitated by the wired connection between the WAP and the primary router.

If you need this (i.e. remote WiFi to areas of the house where the primary WiFi network can't get to), we can talk more about it. But th... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/355300-how-can-i-access-child-network-parent-network-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I've freshly installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit on my system that previously had Ubuntu installed, and prior to ubuntu had win7 ultimate installed. With the fresh install of win7, I receive an unidentified network/no network access issue.

Heres a list of things ive tried:

- reset the network adapter
- restarted the modem and the router
- messed around with homegroup
- reset tcp/ip
- tried connecting to a specific ip/dns/default gateway (which i retrieved with a laptop)
- ip /release /renew although i wasnt successful

Ive tried almost every single thing I could find on google. Nothing works. I connect fine on ubuntu and I connected fine on ultimate.

I havent tried installing drivers though. Because I cannot access the internet on that machine to install those drivers. Help is much much appreciated as I am tired of ubuntu.

Thanks,

j

A:Fresh install of Win7 *unidentified network/no network access*

Welcome to the forums bietzshe,

I don't know much about 7 Enterprise, but I imagine you would need to install the Lan/Network drivers for your Motherboard.
Is your motherboard the P67 FTW? Do you have a driver CD for it? If not then you will need to head over to EVGA - EVGA Download Center find your motherboard from the drop down list and download and install the Network driver there.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292757-fresh-install-win7-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I m sure someone here has seen this before but for all the reading I computers nice XP network Windows not Solved: 7 playing and together on Windows ve done I haven t found anyone with a genuine resolution I have a very small network with a one Windows and one Windows XP computer They are each attached to a netgear switch which gets the internet from the dsl router Obviously all hard wired Everything was fine both computers could see each other and were playing nice together for months and no changes were made to any settings and no new software or hardware was added to the system Suddenly neither machine can see each other Solved: Windows 7 and Windows XP computers not playing nice together on network in the network The XP machine cannot access a previously mapped shared folder on the machine So I started trying things like pinging etc The XP machine cannot ping the machine at all but the machine can ping the XP machine but cannot access a shared folder via mapping What should I do next I m totally overwhelmed nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 and Windows XP computers not playing nice together on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-and-windows-xp-computers-not-playing-nice-together-on-network.1078871/
Relevancy 90.73%

I changed my ISP to "Clear.com" and now one, seldom used, Win7 computer will not connect to the wireless network. I have two other desktops hardwired and two laptops on the wireless that work fine. The two laptops are in the same room as the Clear 'modem/router', while the Win7 box is not, if that matters. The Win7 box worked in that location when I was on the cable and had a separate wireless router.

The box that will not connect, does show that the wireless connection is available, and the adapter shows to be working properly in Device Manager.

Oh, and Windows Troubleshooter says it cannot fix it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to wireless network

Make sure that you are not locking yourself out via MAC Address filtering.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-computer-will-not-connect-to-wireless-network.1088587/
Relevancy 90.73%

A:Win7 to Win7 Network issue

Try adding whatever username you use on the PC to the list of users on the laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204441-win7-win7-network-issue.html
Relevancy 90.3%

For some time now my internet would be fine for 1hour after booting up my computer and then the network would then fail to be recognized. I have followed multiple tutorials on the internet, with countless suggestions, where other people have had the same problem. Some seem to fix the problem for a short time and then it comes back a week later.

Currently I am having to use my phone to connect to the internet.

Any changes I have made to try and fix it I have reversed. Except when I formatted my PC to try and fix it but again was only temp fix.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Willing to remote if needed but do not know how good the connection would be through my phone.

Many Thanks

A:Unidentified Network - No Network Access - Win7 64bit

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would help me to diagnose this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243224-unidentified-network-no-network-access-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I am running Win7 Pro 64 bit on my desktop computer which is hardwired to my network. I have a Kindle Fire and whenever I try to browse across the network and access the Win7, I can see it but I cannot open it. I always get a bad path or general login failure message on the Fire. I can browse to and access the Win7 from any other computer on the network so the problem seems to be with the Kindle-Win7 interface. The Kindle has no trouble whatsoever browsing to and accessing a computer running XP Pro 32bit that is wirelessly connected to the network. I've tried several different file management apps on the Kindle and I have to admit I'm stumped. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some sort of bug in 7, the Kindle OS, or both. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402659-issues-connecting-win7-computer-across-network-kindle-fire.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have been trying to set up a homegroup to share between a desktop and two laptops. After many attempts I got the two laptops to work by removing guest from "deny access to this computer from the network" in the local security settings. Both of the laptops were running windows 7 professional. Unfortunately my desktop is running windows 7 home premium which doesn't have the local security settings option. So my question is can I remove the guest account from "deny access to this computer from the network" in windows 7 home premium through some interesting bit of registry editing or something? I really don't want to upgrade to professional if possible.

A:Deny Access to this Computer from the Network Win7 Home Premium

Quote: Originally Posted by Matthew23

I have been trying to set up a homegroup to share between a desktop and two laptops. After many attempts I got the two laptops to work by removing guest from "deny access to this computer from the network" in the local security settings. Both of the laptops were running windows 7 professional. Unfortunately my desktop is running windows 7 home premium which doesn't have the local security settings option. So my question is can I remove the guest account from "deny access to this computer from the network" in windows 7 home premium through some interesting bit of registry editing or something? I really don't want to upgrade to professional if possible.

You shouldn't need to remove guest from anywhere in order to set up a Homegroup. It appears as if you are working around another problem.

Most Homegroup problems can be solved by going through the Homegroup trouble shooter.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues - Help Desk Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279091-deny-access-computer-network-win7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I have two Win 7 computers on my wired network and 6 Win XP computers on this same network. This main computer was Win 7 and just upgraded to Win 10 in November. For a year this network has worked just fine, plug and play basically when I set it up, now after Christmas shutdown (2 weeks), I can't see any of the computers on this network. The only thing I can see is the media drive on a computer called 6Head2. All I really do is transfer files from this main computer out to those 8 other computers.

What is wrong with my computer? Network discover, file sharing all checked, network location was changed from Public to Private today by me. But it did work last year, even with the network location being public.

A:Can't see other computers on my network

And I can connect to these computers using Teamviewer.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36215-cant-see-other-computers-my-network.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I am running windows 8.1 and have other computers on the network running windows 7.
I haven't quite got my network settings correct, but am not sure what is going on.
If I am connected to the homegroup, none of the other computers is displayed.
If I disconnect from the homegroup, they are all displayed but I can't access them.

Im sure it is something simple but can't work it out

Thanks
Rob

A:can't see other computers in network

Which PC has created the homegroup? Once the home group is created, have the other PC joined that homegroup with the password created by the PC that created the homegroup? Have you checked the settings for each PC to make sure that each is set to "turn on network discovery". Is the "turn on password portected sharing" been enabled/disabled. I find it easier to have all PC's have that set to disable while in the homegroup. Basically, the homegroup is a small network with in your home network strictly for file sharing.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38762-cant-see-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 89.01%

running win7 in new hp pc
xp pro in the old pc
have a motorla sb5100
cable modem ethernet
can I connect the old pc to the new? how?

Relevancy 89.01%

I have a home network with two computers running W-7. I'm trying to add another computer as a media center PC. It is running XP but having no luck adding it to this network . Can someone help me out?

P.S. I'm trying to set up a wireless connection.

A:Add computers to a W-7 network

Well...what have you tried?

Did you use the Win 7 default name (Workgroup) when trying to add the XP system, rather than mshome?

Sorry, I don't know anything about wireless...I still prefer wired .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328761/add-computers-to-a-w-7-network/
Relevancy 89.01%

I have a computer that is only for music recording a DAW like 2 few computers...a to ?s I'd network we ll call it computer B I also have a computer that is only for internet and documentation etc This is computer A They are both stacked right on top of each other Now When i need software updates from I'd like to network 2 computers...a few ?s the internet I dload them on comp A I then transfer them to a external HD and then plug that into computer B to get the files on it Obviously there is a better way I would like to be able to have computer B on the network only when I want it on that will protect me from viruses But at the same time when it I'd like to network 2 computers...a few ?s s on the network Id like to be able to use programs on computer A like spyware adaware AVG etc to scan computer B too So most I'd like to network 2 computers...a few ?s of the time computer B will be off the network but transfering music files and dloading updates will be done a fair amount I have USB in both computers Can I just buy a USB cable and connect them Or do i need some kind of router Id like to do this as seemlessly as possible Ideal way for me would be to have the network connections Icon on my desktop in computer B Cliick it on when I want it enabled and then disable it when I am finished Best way to accomplish this nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

As the title, say, two network computers, only one can see the other. Computer 1 can see computer 2's resources fine but computer 2 CAN'T see Computer 1's resources. Never seen anytime like it. Both are running XP Home edition and are using TCP/IP setup. Both are in the same workgroup. I was working on getting the ICS to work. Obviously, computer 1 is sharing its connection with 2 but....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-network-computers-only-one-can-see-the-other.406801/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi Network 2 computers guys I was wondering if anyone can help me to network my computers so I can share files between them I am just trying to create a Network 2 computers simple network with a etheret cable The desktop is a novatech barebones that I have had for a long time Network 2 computers and the other is a new Acer laptop They are both running the same version of Windows ultimte edition On the desktop 'network and sharing' page I see this When I d-click on the 'unidentified network' icon it 'sees' the laptop but when i d-click on that it says quot Laptop is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the admiistraotr of this server to find out if you have access permissions The Server service is not started quot On the laptops 'network and sharing' page i see Network 2 computers this and when I d-click on the multiple networks icon at the top it just shows the laptop and a laptop media area No desktop If I d-click on the park bench icon it tells me to name the network and choose an icon but then wont let me make any changes Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get these to computers to communicate properly I'm quite happy to start again from scratch creating a new network as obviously what I've done so far is obviously not correct as its not working properly Please feel free to ask any questions as I'll happily give any information you need in order to help me get this sorted I am a noob to networking though so the more straight-forward and simple you can make this the better for me Step-by-step would be perfect but anything that helps me with this will be very much appreciated Thanks

A:Network 2 computers

Also, when I click "see full network map" I get this...

I can drop down the bar at the top and select the direct connection between the two computers but then it tells me...

"Windows cannot create the network map because the network type is set to public. In order to view the network map, you must set the networks location type to Home or Work in Network and Sharing center."

Going back to the network and sharing center I cannot find anything clickable that will make these changes. This is on the laptop. When doing the same thing on the desktop I get the same map and when I drop the tab down and select the 'unidentified network' I get...

"Windows cannot create the network map. Responses from the other devices on the network are delayed or there is an incompatible router on the network."

hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213602-network-2-computers.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Good morning.
I've been setting up a new computer in my daughter's room. How do I network hers with mine?
Thanks!
Amy Jo

A:How do I network two computers?

There are a few different things you can try. Are you wanting to just hook them both up to each other, or allow them both to access the internet?

If you are just wanting to hook them up together you can simply use a crossover cable to hook them up directly to the Ethernet ports.

But if you want to allow them both to access the internet you need to get a router. There are plenty of articles in TechSpot describing them thoroughly. Have a look around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-network-two-computers.18188/