Windows Support Forum

Battery (laptop) suddenly stopped charing

Q: Battery (laptop) suddenly stopped charing

Hi. I was recently using my laptop, when I wiggled the power cable a bit and suddenly the laptop stopped charging. I have a bad feeling the battery has died or something. I tried using another power cable and that didnt fix it (so I dont think the cable is a problem).

Is there anything else I can try before resorting to buying a new battery?

Its a HP Probook 650 G1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-laptop-suddenly-stopped-charing.1163923/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Battery (laptop) suddenly stopped charing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.96%

I ve been having a strange problem with the battery for my Thinkpad laptop I noticed Battery Stopped Working Thinkpad Suddenly the other day that Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working it wasn t charging when I plugged the AC adapter in Eventually it ran out completely and would not charge at all This happened very suddenly it was working fine a week ago If I have the battery installed and AC attached and hit the power button the system will start up for a few seconds and then shut down Sometimes it will randomly start AGAIN for another few seconds and then shut down The only way I can get the computer to run is with the battery removed and AC adapter attached If I start the computer up with the AC adapter attached and then insert the battery the computer immediately powers down I really want to get this problem resolved I m hoping that it s just the battery itself but it seems strange that it would stop working so suddenly From my experience laptop batteries tend to lose their power over time And even if the battery was no good shouldn t the computer still work as long as the AC line is connected I have no problem replacing the battery I m just not certain that this is the real issue It seems that the AC adapter works fine Is this likely just a battery problem or is it possible that the motherboard is damaged nbsp

A:Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working

Hi Dan and welcome to TSG.

I assume your Thinkpad's warranty has run out.

It could be a problem with the motherboard power circuitry but that would be expensive to fix.

As the charger looks ok the easiest and cheapest thing to do is to try a new battery.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-battery-suddenly-stopped-working.1138095/
Relevancy 73.96%

Once I plugged in charger while my notebook was turned off.
It lighted Plug LED and Battery LED was blinking after 3 seconds.

I reinserted battery and it charged fine.
One day I was using my NB200 and it run out of charge, I plugged in and same thing happen but even after reinserting battery it won't start.

Plugging in it for long time doesn't heats up battery nor notebook. I can only start it without battery plugged in. Inserting battery shuts down PC after 1 seconds and LED of battery again blinks after 3 seconds.

What does it means? I tired putting battery in fridge because I read on internet it might fix but no luck.

Any idea how can I fix it.

A:Battery suddenly stopped working on NB200-10z

Hi

First of all you have to know that the notebook should run properly without the battery but with connected AC adaptor.
Even if the battery would be faulty or empty, the connected AC adaptor should supply power and you should be able to power up the notebook.

In case this isn?t possible, I assume an power supply electronic malfunction.

However, you could test the following workaround:
Try to power up and to boot the notebook without the battery.
Then go to device manager and uninstall the following entries under batteries:
- Microsoft composite battery
- Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery

Then reboot the notebook.
Power OFF again and insert the battery.
Power On the notebook and check if the unit would run properly.

Of course it would be also recommend testing the notebook in connection with another good and tested battery.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78509-Battery-suddenly-stopped-working-on-NB200-10z
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello ...
I have had a Toshiba C850-A965 laptop for 4 years
and it's been working perfectly
untill one day recently, a message poped up saying that there's something wrong with the battery and should be replaced, but it was still the same, works for an hour and a half approximately
But, I went ahead and bought a new battery, the message disappeared
and i fully charged and then started the laptop
it worked for about 15 mins and then it shut down ( like u took the plug off from a desktop computer) without any warning
when i turned it back on, it was still fully charged !!! and the shutting down happend again and again :(
the old battery is still working fine
so that must mean that there's nth wrong with my laptop right? and the battery is bad?
please give me your opinions
thank you for your precious time

A:laptop battery problem, laptop shut down suddenly

Could still be a faulty battery. It can read the correct voltage off load, but as soon as you put a load on it, it takes a dive. The battery status symbol is just that, a symbol. The only foolproof method of proving it is to replace it with a known good battery. Do you have any good friends with a similar laptop ?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-battery-problem-laptop-shut-down-suddenly-4606017/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello ...
I have had a Toshiba C850-A965 laptop for 4 years
and it's been working perfectly
untill one day recently, a message poped up saying that there's something wrong with the battery and should be replaced, but it was still the same, works for an hour and a half approximately
But, I went ahead and bought a new battery, the message disappeared
and i fully charged and then started the laptop
it worked for about 15 mins and then it shut down ( like u took the plug off from a desktop computer) without any warning
when i turned it back on, it was still fully charged !!! and the shutting down happend again and again :(
the old battery is still working fine
so that must mean that there's nth wrong with my laptop right? and the battery is bad?
please give me your opinions
thank you for your precious time

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-new-battery-shuts-down-suddenly-4606018/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello there,
I have a HP550 laptop and I'm not quite sure what the problem is with it. It randomly, and very suddenly turns off if not charging (much like a car conking out), even if it is fully charged. It doesn't charge well, and you have to twist the charger to make it charge. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the battery or of where the charger meets the laptop (sorry I don't know what it's called :/ ).
If you could help it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

A:laptop suddenly turning off- battery's fault or not?

If it's overheating, it'll shut down to prevent damage to the internal components.

Make sure it's being used on a hard flat surface and not a soft uneven surface that blocks the exhaust vents.

Make sure the exhaust fan is working and cycles on and off from time to time.

Make sure the exhaust vents aren't clogged with dust and debris.

---------------------------------------------------------

What's the model name and model number of that HP laptop?

Look at the sticker and advise what the product number(P/N) is.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-turning-off-batterys-fault-or-not.1013677/
Relevancy 65.79%

Have power management set to warn of critical and low battery, used to warn fine..
Stopped warning, now just shuts down.. Any ideas how I can restore warnings?

Also, having problems when I plug in set so display brightness should go to 100%, sometimes I have to plug/replug cause it stays dim from battery settings..

I did have some issue a few weeks ago with some new unrecognized power profile appearing (I guess after I installed some program or win update..?)

Any way to restore just the power profiles to default and undo any changes any programs may have made?

* Can I check win 7 logs & reports specifically for changes made to the power management, perhaps?....

A:suddenly don't get low or critical battery warnings on laptop..

Control Panel | Power Options | make sure that radio button is on for plan you want to change | click on "Change Plan Settings" opposite the selected plan |

Click on restore defaults then the Apply button

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/186660-suddenly-dont-get-low-critical-battery-warnings-laptop.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all,
Lately I've had my laptop plugged in a lot because I've been running some design analysis software thats required a long time to solve. Anyway my laptop suddenly just cut off today whilst on battery. Straight away I assumed it was the battery as I had a similar issue back in 2010 with my old device. I've had my current laptop for about 2 and a half years. I ran a battery report which came up with the following information:
Cycle count: 489Design capacity: 48840Last full charge: 38373
So its obvious my battery isn't at full capacity as expected. However, could this be the cause of it randomly losing power? I'm thinking more of a calibration issue. Any ideas on how to calibrate?

Many thanks in advance!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46757-laptop-died-suddenly-battery-issue.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My HP celeron laptop, about 15 months old, is suddenly unable to start unless plugged into the mains.

When it is, it says the battery is 96% chared with 11 hrs of unfeasible battery life. Once then disconnected, it still runs, though not sure how long for.

Shut down, and the battery charging light blinks frequently,but the laptop won't start at all.

What do hyou think has happened? If the battery has gone I think this is poor for a HP machine and will try to get them/and/or the vendor to replce even though what was a 12m warranty has expired.

A:Laptop suddenly says charged but won't start on battery

battery very well could need replacement.

I still got my 5 year old toshiba and it still has the original battery!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-says-charged-but-wont-start-on-battery.124951/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have got a acer aspire 5830tg. Recently I got the "black screen of death" on my laptop. Since I'm on a travel and the international traveller warranty is still valid I took it to Acer service center in Seoul. 2 days later I got it back, working. Nobody was speaking any english and all they said was two words: "Memory error". After that i noticed that the battery doesnt hold up that long any more. it used to last about 6 hours. Now two weeks later it has gone worse every day plus the remaining doesn't make any sense any more. Im not sure it has something do to with the repair they did. How should I resolving the problem?
Thank You!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-started-to-loose-power-suddenly.1047236/
Relevancy 64.93%

I was playing League of Legends one day when my fps started to drop Over time it got worse and worse and I noticed my battery was low Turned out the charger fell out while I was moving my computer So I plugged the charger in fixed some problems with quot plugged in not charging quot and continued to play Battery was at and my fps in game still hovered about - I consider this bad normally running at fps and decided to reboot my computer After rebooting I after battery running low Laptop starts slow suddenly tested out my fps again and it was at - fps this time I finally decided to check my cpu usage Laptop suddenly starts running slow after low battery and it was hovering around the whole time I did a CCleaner registry clean a MalwareBytes scan and clean a CCleaner space clear and the problem is still not fixed Normally I am able to run League as well as many other programs at the same time without lag I don't know why my computer suddenly started acting so slow maybe it was because of the battery being low Still last time my battery was low my computer was just as fast so I have no clue what happened Also its not just League that lags Youtube and Twitch have spikes very frequently aswell My computer also is slow my browser freezes alot too You can find my specs in the images below I have windows I just decided to use an XP look to make my computer run a little faster Thanks

A:Laptop suddenly starts running slow after low battery

Open processes and sort by CPU to see what's causing the spikes.
Try:
- Running the laptop without battery while AC power attached.
- Safe Mode - see if spikes happen
- if Safe Mode is ok, try a clean startup Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
- Select high performance power option
- Load BIOS optimized defaults

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371951-laptop-suddenly-starts-running-slow-after-low-battery.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My Toshiba laptop has been connected wirelessly to my Comcast router without issue until earlier today when I noticed that most websites timed out and couldn connecting suddenly most websites stopped Laptop to t be accessed I can go Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to most websites to Facebook Google and YouTube but can t access my Hotmail account or other sites I use on a regular basis I ve tried everything I could find on the Internet including flushing my DNS settings changing them scanning for malware uninstalling McAfee etc and the only thing that has gotten me back on track is connecting directly to the Internet with an Ethernet cable which is what I m using now The only thing I can think of that s different is that I upgraded to Windows a couple days ago Otherwise nothing has changed Can someone please help me diagnose this annoying problem Here are my computers technical specs Thanks in advance Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor AMD A - APU with AMD Radeon R Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon TM R Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA ZBWAE Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-stopped-connecting-to-most-websites.1170847/
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop won't connect to HDMI?
My laptop yesterday was just fine. Was playing games on my telly. Turned off for the night, turned on today, and it won't work? It's like it's not even recognising it's being plugged in.
I've got a Lenovo Y50-70. I've restarted my laptop, restarted the telly. I've reinstalled my intel graphics driver and I've reinstalled my nvidia graphics driver. I'm at a loss here. Can anyone help!?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/50391-laptop-suddenly-stopped-connecting-hdmi.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I have a Windows Lenovo notebook and a Toshiba Satellite Windows laptop and a mouse lol Well the mouse has been working fine for months but suddenly the mouse has stopped working in my Toshiba laptop As I didn't know how to fix it and as Toshiba laptop was full of crap I've just formatted its HDD and made a clean install of Windows and updated everything laptop just in suddenly 1 Mouse working stopped After that I've plugged the mouse in and the same error it connects and disconnects all the time Sometimes if I'm in Mouse suddenly stopped working in just 1 laptop the Device Manager refreshing the devices mysteriously it start to work but just for a few minutes Sometimes and just sometimes the Device Manager shows that there's an unknown device connected to a USB port that is not working The error code is That mouse works perfectly Mouse suddenly stopped working in just 1 laptop in my other notebook the lenovo I've connected a different mouse to the Toshiba and it works perfectly in any port So that makes me say this -The mouse is not broken cause it works in my other laptop -Toshiba's USB ports work nice cause any other device I connect works seamlessly -After a clean install it can't be a software problem So what the hell is going on THANKS

A:Mouse suddenly stopped working in just 1 laptop

Sound like a driver problem.

Did you do the clean Windows install from the Lenovo recovery partition and install all the system specific drivers? If not, visit the Lenovo Support site. Unlike some laptops, my Lenovo Yoga 13 didn't come with an automatic driver update program. You have to download their drivers and such.

They have changed their support site several times so now it's very easy to get the right drivers.

Home - Lenovo (US)

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47743-mouse-suddenly-stopped-working-just-1-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My Dell laptop was working just fine a couple of days ago and was due for maintenance check since it s been over a year since I bought the laptop and just wanted to check if there are any problems or if working Dell Laptop suddenly stopped it needs cleaning of some sort Sent it to the shop as to where I bought it Since they were quite busy and unable to get to check into my laptop I decided to get m laptop back after days being left in the shop This is not Dell Laptop suddenly stopped working my first dell laptop and I figured this would last as long as my st laptop with dell which lasted for about - yrs The only reason we stopped using my prev laptop was because someone stole Dell Laptop suddenly stopped working it When I got home my laptop would not turn on anymore I would not blame the shop since I have been with them for all these years And the technician I go to has been the same guy ever since When I had him check my laptop and done some troubleshooting he adviced me that he would need to send my laptop to manila for checking After a couple of weeks he told me that they cannot fix my laptop due to a chipset was damaged Is there anyway that the laptop would again by replacing it or is it too costly to have it fixed This laptop is less than yrs old My first laptop which lasted longer had many complications like it got wet the battery died and fell off a table x but still worked just fine My nd laptop looks good as new and had no damages at all I have not done anything wrong with it The damages on the st laptop was due to my younger siblings but even after all of the damage it worked out fine I don t seem to understand after carefully caring for my laptop it would just suddenly die on me Is there anything else I can do for my laptop to get up and running again

A:Dell Laptop suddenly stopped working

Hi CHOA18,
I would need more info about the issue.
What is the exact system model? When you state the system does not turn on, do you see any leds come on when the power button is pressed? Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible? Does the adapter led stay on and stable or does it go off when connected to the system?
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992901
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Compaq B and yesterday while I was browsing the web my wireless stopped working it gave me a notification in the quot Safely Remove Hardware quot thing near the clock quot The blah blah blah Network adapter can now be safely removed quot The wireless hasn t been working ever since The troubleshooting that I ve done so far are Make sure the wireless button on the computer is enabled it will not enable it Wireless on stopped laptop. working suddenly my is a quot touch quot button and it lights up blue when it s working it won t even respond to my touch the other Wireless suddenly stopped working on my laptop. buttons next to it do work So that s not helping at all I have two of the exact same laptop I switched the wireless card that s installed INSIDE the laptop not a wireless card that just slides in the side one that s under the bottom panel I swapped them uninstalled the driver and connected via ethernet to reinstall the drivers No dice It s not showing up in the device manager or anything edit I m running Windows XP Professional SP I m lost Help is appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

So here's the deal, my GF's 3 year old HP laptop, a Pavilion dv6000 series, suddenly stopped booting correctly yesterday, every time it boots, a message appears saying:

Quote:
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3. Click "Repair your computer".

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\system32\config\system

Info: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing, or corrupt."

If I press enter, it then shows the OS I want to load, when I select Windows 7 Home Premium, the same message appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Need help ASAP, HP laptop suddenly stopped booting

Have tried Repair your computer?

Boot up using the Startup disk CD or Windows 7 DVD. (not the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk) If you have a Netbook, you will need a CD/DVD drive.
Make sure no USB drives are plugged in.

Do a Strartup Repair:
Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182768-need-help-asap-hp-laptop-suddenly-stopped-booting.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have an older stopped ports Both USB suddenly laptop on working Dell Inspiron that's been rock solid since day one I recently Both USB ports on laptop suddenly stopped working transferred all my music from my PC to my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex so I could organize my files while I was out of town Both USB ports on laptop suddenly stopped working on business When I got to my hotel and plugged the Seagate into the USB port the laptop would not recognize it There's two USB ports one of the USB ports does nothing at all when I plug the drive in not even a 'Ding-Dong' sound The other port at least responds but still not recognized By quot responds quot I mean Windows responds with a quot Dunn quot sound not the happy two tone sound of a device actually being recognized and available just a quot Dunn quot I've used this drive before on this laptop on several occasions so I know it's compatible I also came home and plugged to drive back into the PC to see if the drive itself responds It does and all files are there and happy Also when plugged into the non-responsive USB slot the light on the drive blinks a couple times the platters spool up for or so seconds then goes out When plugged into the other USB slot the one that goes quot Dunn quot the light comes on and stays on and the platters spin untill I unplug the device But it's still not recognized Nothing shows up under the Disc Management tool either Normal USB thumb drives work normal still

A:Both USB ports on laptop suddenly stopped working

This procedure USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off has helped others with issues similar to yours.
Try it and see if it helps. You would want to turn the feature OFF, or disable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/180608-both-usb-ports-laptop-suddenly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Suddenly my HDMI 2 connection with the LG TV has stopped working.

When I switch in Input to HDMI 2 it comes up on screen Connecting as usual but then reverts to no signal.

I?ve taken the lead out and in again but it still won?t connect.

I note when researching this problem some people are suggesting graphic driver updates and I did start with a Microsoft thing but cancelled cos I was worried in case it was not legit or virus etc.
I'm an oldie and nervous of this stuff.
I haven?t changed anything ? it was working earlier but just didn?t work when I switched as usual to HDMI 2
I do hope somebody can help me
Many thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/60625-hdmi-2-connection-tv-laptop-has-suddenly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have an acer laptop E5-573-35AQ and previously could stream to television.  Recently all stopped.  I can detect two video (pc and LG tv) but can get no picture.  Did I press the wrong key or something?  I tried updating and using the function key to no avail. not the cable

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/laptop-suddenly-stopped-hdmi-link-to-television/td-p/433987/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.5%

I've had a Lenovo Ideapad Y40-70 for a month or so now and, although it worked this morning, it suddenly stopped turning on. When I push the power button, the light on the power button, the battery light, and the power light will come on white for a few seconds, and then nothing. It won't even boot to BIOS. I had the Lenovo logo show up for a fraction of a second like twice, but that was about it. I tried opening it up and taking out/putting back in the battery, and that didn't work. Nor did letting it sit and charge for a few hours as was recommended on another website.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Correct me if I'm in the wrong board.

A:Lenovo Ideapad Y40 laptop suddenly stopped turning on

I've had a Lenovo Ideapad Y40-70 for a month or so now and, although it worked this morning, it suddenly stopped turning on.Click to expand...

Lenovo IdeaPad Y40-70 Laptop

That model laptop appears to come with Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Is that correct?

Did you buy it brand new a month or so ago, or is it a second-hand purchase from elsewhere?

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-ideapad-y40-laptop-suddenly-stopped-turning-on.1169195/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys Earlier today I performed a windows update on my Acer Aspire laptop and after the restart my wireless stopped working The update was an optional hardware one for my ethernet port software apparently and I ve no idea if it has caused the problem or not I connect to a Belkin g wireless router and usually when I turn the laptop on it automatically connects fine Now however I get a red cross through the icon saying it s disconnected on suddenly stopped Solved: working laptop... Wireless or a Limited or no connectivity warning message I tried looking up the problem using the details button when this box comes up and it seems in the list of things such as IP DNS settings etc the last three items have Solved: Wireless suddenly stopped working on laptop... no numbers next to them The thing is I can t even pick up any wireless networks anymore I use the search function and the laptop finds nothing even though I know my wireless is on and working efficiantly It seems to me like my wireless adapter in the laptop is disabled even though it isn t I ve tried all I can think of anyone have any suggestions Thanks a lot - Lee nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I have an acer laptop E5-573-35AQ and previously could stream to television.  Recently all stopped.  I can detect two video (pc and LG tv) but can get no picture.  Did I press the wrong key or something?  I tried updating and using the function key to no avail.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/laptop-suddenly-stopped-hdmi-link-to-television/td-p/433986/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Everybody,
Yesterday I was getting trouble from my pendrive while copying file to other PC.Few files get copied and for others it get stuck and explorer says "Not Responding" so i tried to format and my laptop got freezed.
After restarting it stopped at logo several times .I noticed when i start the laptop the dell logo appears for longer time then usual so i gave some time to start and it got started but can't do anything as the cursor keeping on rolling .This happened ocassionally but freeze at dell logo and at window 7 logo all the time.

I tried using safe mode but failed to start.
Also I tried startup repair but no result.
One more thing I notice is "HDD led is constant rather blinking"

What should i do to make my laptop alive.

A:While formatting pendrive suddenly my laptop stopped working

Check the hardware with Dell Hardware Diagnostics from F12 Menu
running both the Diagnostics and the fuller Utility Partition choices.

If hardware checks out work through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337001-while-formatting-pendrive-suddenly-my-laptop-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a HP laptop that runs windows Vista Premium and is connected to an old Netgear wireless router with which a broadband modem is laptop wireless on working stopped Internet suddenly :-S connected to I have had this setup for nearly two years and has been running great including this Internet on wireless laptop suddenly stopped working :-S morning However tonight I cannot get the laptop to connect to the internet I have had a couple of weird issues before but restarting the computer has always fixed it This time I have restarted everything and I can access other computers on the network not wireless but not Internet on wireless laptop suddenly stopped working :-S the internet Strangely a hard drive that is connected to another computer that is shared for my backups is also not being found the other computer is plugged into the router through an ethernet cable and internet works fine MSN Explorer and the like will not connect to the net Interestingly when I start Mozilla Firefox which loads a simplified google homepage after a long long time loads about hald way Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be I dont know what to do or try because I havent seemed to change anything to stop it working Any ideas I could try would be much appreciated Olivier nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I was typing a long Message when i suddenly pressed something that made my keyboard to stop working. I need help Cause I dont know what Key I pressed. I went to the control panel and the keyboard settings but i found nothing. Maybe I pressed a Shortcut that disables the keyboard? The only way i Could Type Again is to log out my Account Or Restart my laptop. I'm Using A windows 7. Also, Nothing is wrong with my keyboard, It works fine after restart.

A:Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Working After I Pressed a Key(Laptop)

You may have pushed ctrl+alt+L accidently

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290495-keyboard-suddenly-stopped-working-after-i-pressed-key-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

We have a wireless router on our home PC so that my dad can also access the internet on his work's laptop. This has never been a problem until this week, a colleage tampered with his settings so that he could access the network provided on a work course.

For some reason he now can't access our home internet. See screengrab - ours is the 3com one (note the padlock). What do I need to do to get his laptop working on our connection again? Cheers

A:Security suddenly stopped laptop wireless access

He regularly connects to all those different networks, or he just likes to collect profiles?

The first thing I would try is delete the 3com profile, disable encryption on the router, connect. If successful, again delete the 3com profile, re-enable encryption, and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-suddenly-stopped-laptop-wireless-access.576080/
Relevancy 62.78%

Help!!! yesterday it still working but today,no sounds come out from the speaker,I used headset to test it and it's work,but when I unplug my headset it still no sound,I already try to reboot using safe mode but getting confused.. what can I do???
f.y.I : I already check the sound driver,no question marks appeared.

A:My Acer Aspire 4741G laptop sounds suddenly stopped working

"I already checked the sound driver, no question marks appeared"... Do you mean no exclamation points like this (!)? If you can hear normal sound from the headset the sound driver is okay. This could be caused by a keyboard setting. Make sure the sound is all the way up and that it is not muted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-4741g-laptop-sounds-suddenly-stopped-working.189508/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have been using my Laptop ASUS for 2 years now and ever since I my Charger(Charger not battery)broke I tried charging my laptop with the broken charger with a diffren angle and sometimes work and sometimes not and the notfication of low battery always appears but when I decided to repair my charger it works perfectly fine but the only problem is that when my battery is low it does not warn notificatons anymore.halp message edited by HelpINeedAnswers

A:Asus laptop stopped giving low battery warning 10%

Give it a good long charge. After that does the charge indicator show (which I assume is on the laptop)?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/asus-laptop-stopped-giving-low-battery-warning-10/1791.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Purchased the HP Gold Luxe laptop with Windows less than two months ago This past week it started freezing up when moved even slightly or when picked up This happened during mundane browsing or using the computer even just to write notes not anything using lots of resources like gaming or even streaming video nbsp After looking around online I saw several suggestions including to try removing the battery I removed the battery and sure enough it did not freeze when when when freezes NEW battery -- remove... moved laptop stopped moved if battery is REMOVED and the laptop is plugged in nbsp nbsp Does this mean the battery is faulty Again this is a brand new laptop less than months old It is under warranty Am I going to have to ship the laptop to some HP service center or will they likely just send a replacement battery or what nbsp nbsp NEW laptop freezes when moved -- stopped when battery remove... Other notes specs of the computer are below Note that I did not change add remove any drivers or anything like that it is still as it was when taken from the box nbsp nbsp Includes Pavilion -g cy laptop with AC adapter four-cell lithium-ion battery and manual and PC Treasures software digital download ships separately Windows operating system GHz AMD A - P APU quad-core accelerated processor with MB L cache up to GHz with Turbo diagonal WLED-backlit HD touchscreen display with x resolution GB DDR L SDRAM TB RPM hard driveSuperMulti DVD drive b g n Wi-FiBluetooth wireless technologyAMD Radeon R graphics with up to MB total graphics memoryB amp O PLAY audio with dual speakersHP TrueVision HD webcam with dual-array digital micsFull-sized island-style keyboard with numeric keypadHP ImagePad with multi-gesture supportSD memory card reader -year Microsoft Office Personal subscriptionTwo USB portsUSB portHDMI ethernet portsHeadphone mic combo jackKensington MicroSaver lock slotMeasures approximately - W x - D x - D weighs lbsUL listed -year LMWImported

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/NEW-laptop-freezes-when-moved-stopped-when-battery-removed/td-p/5647669
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

in simple terms,

my brothers pc, (Samsung all-in-one job) has USB ports on it, that allow you to charge devices, iPad's iPhone's whilst the pc is turned off?!
this must a thing of the norm to everyone else, but its something I would love to install on my pc !

obviously their is power running to the pc, I understand that, but still amazes me that it charges whilst the pc is in its 'off state' ...

so im guessing I need a usb pci card, but does anyone what type, sort etc ? any good makes out their that people have experience with ?

many thanks in advance

stuart

A:Charing USB needed ... ?

Amazon, Tiger Direct, New Egg, etc., will have pretty much what you are looking for regardless of the manufacture.

I bought a "Serial Technologies Expander USB 3.0 (four slot) card from "New Egg." The cost of $35.00 is a little higher than most, albeit the thinking was to put in a good one instead of cheap. It supports USB 3 and USB 2. The only real problem is the slots are at the rear of the Computer (not a deal breaker).

Hope this helps. . .

Oh, one more thing, it needs to be able to hook up to a PCI-E 2 slot, and have an available power connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/291518-charing-usb-needed.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I tried to make changes through Lenovo Power Manager and also did these steps 1. Shut down the computer.2. With the battery in (but remove AC adapter), attempt to turn on the computer by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. This should not turn on the computer.3. Remove the battery.4. Again, attempt to turn on the computer (AC adapter was not plugged in) by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. This should not turn on the computer either.5. Re-attach thebattery, plug in the AC adapter, and turn on the computer. The battery should begin charging. but i still dont get a 100% charge.Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/79-max-charing-issue-on-my-b570/td-p/3426196
Relevancy 53.32%

While charging my lenovo g580, for first couple of minutes it gets charged but after that it stars to toggle bw charging and not charging msg continuously.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MmYNPzxg0xoAbove link shows the problem

A:Lenovo G580 charing issue

Hi Sunil_poojary , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

What is the current Windows version you have ? 
When did it start happening ? 

Ideally best to check the battery report after allowing it to fully drain and to have it plugged in for 2-3 hours without turning it on. Notice the battery indicator (page 29) as it should change the battery status as seen in the manual. 
Manually checking operational charging and battery pack (page 21) can help determine battery integrity as it deteriorate thru usage.

Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI compliant driver from the device manager and power management software to see if there are significant changes after restart. Check your current BIOS version if same as the ones offered on the support site.

Update us how things go.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G580-charing-issue/td-p/3469528
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi.
I have my old Nokia Lumia 1020 with a broken USB connector. I have tried to replace it but failed. From what I know, the phone still works. I want to just buy the wireless charging case and all that BUT I cannot find anyone anywhere that sells it. If I can't find a wireless charger case - has anyone ever replaced the USB connector on a 1020 before? I would love some tips etc.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445294-nokia-lumia-1020-charing-alternatives.html
Relevancy 51.17%

When ever i ON  my laptop.First it shows like 61% available, within 5 -10 mins battery discharges to 7%.Could you please help me? Would you replace battery?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Battery-drops-to-7-suddenly-even-though-it-is-charged/td-p/3368883
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,I've bought E50-80 a bit more than month ago, and something is wrong with battery.Battery charge % drops suddenly from 20%-30% to 6%.It looks like battery is damaged.I am using Windows 10 and have current acpi drivers, and all stuff from lenovo download.I am really disappointed, it's my first time with lenovo notebook and its really worrying. Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E50-80-battery-drops-suddenly-from-20-to-6/td-p/2248701
Relevancy 51.17%

hello, i bought a lenovo ideapad few months ago (500-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) now i have a problem that the battery suddenly dropped from 60% to 6% in a few seconds so i need your support to know the reason for that and to solve this problem thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/battery-suddenly-drained-from-60-to-6/td-p/3388736
Relevancy 51.17%

This makes me sad I installed Win when it was first offered I absolutely loved it compared to Vista and XP Now though a mere months later I am having alot of problems More so than I had with Vista It now takes minutes to boot up my peripherals randomly stop working I have to remove and reinstall my MS Bluetooth mouse about every mins No kidding the computer just shuts down for no reason which it has suddenly stopped doing and putting it to sleep causes all kinds of frustration when I try to wake it up Then I noticed my battery was draining in about mins So I looked into it and it seems the battery issue is not totally uncommon Then I read that MS is saying it is not the OS but our batteries As I've written this my battery has gone from - - Sigh Here is the point where I say I am moving to Mac- blah blah blah I am this time I swear it no really as soon as I can pull k out my arse Any suggestions I am going to reinstall the OS which I did annually with Vista anyway suddenly and my through I'm burning now battery but hoped to not have to do with Anything Sorry to bitch but I am so tired of being frustrated with my PC's

A:and now I'm suddenly burning through my battery

What type of laptop do you have? Is all the hardware Windows 7 compatible?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/63682-now-im-suddenly-burning-through-my-battery.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, please advise. I've had this s20-30 just over 2 years and suddenly it began randomly shutting off. It now will not turn on at all.Holding power button down whether plugged in or not just blinks the orange battery indicator 3 times.Holding the safe mode button flashes the white indicator once.How do I determine if the issue is the battery or the power supply?Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/S20-30-battery-charger-suddenly-dead/td-p/3365460
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a U430 Touch and suddenly it's giving me he message "Your battery is damaged and needs to be replaced." The battery meter says it's fully charged. On top of this, I think there isn't a good contact for the power adapter and if I move my laptop, it turns off. Has anyone seen this happen? I assume I'll need to replace the battery (joy) but it seems odd since I haven't had battery issues until now.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/U430-Battery-suddenly-damaged/td-p/3393306
Relevancy 50.74%

hello,

i bought a lenovo ideapad few months ago (500-15ISK Laptop (ideapad)
 now i have a problem that the battery suddenly dropped from 60% to 6% in a few seconds 
so i need your support to know the reason for that and to solve this problem

thanks

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/500-15ISK-battery-suddenly-drained-from-60-to-6/td-p/3388736
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everybody,I have a Lenovo yoga 2 11'. Windows 10 1511. About one month ago I shutted it down, I don't remember if it was charged or not. I turned it on some days ago and seems that the battery died. What can we do?EM is installed and says that everything is fine. The computer works fine if plugged, but if I unplug it doesn't. Windows and EM say that "battery is charging at 0%". The LED is orange and blinks.If you need other details feel free to ask.EDIT: Latest BIOS installed, Windows is updated, there is no "USB Always on" option in the BIOS.?

battery-report.zip ?47 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-11-Battery-suddenly-died/td-p/3387366
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys and girls I have an issue since some times that I really don't know how to solve In November I bought in Poland where I live a nice TOSHIBA SATELLITE L -A- Q PSKJNE On this computer although something is constantly causing me problems very often the power shuts down suddenly while on battery even if the app quot TOSHIBA PC health monitor quot which also monitors CPU temperature does not show any suddenly Satellite battery on L50-A-16Q while My turns off sign of criticality However there is something abnormal My Satellite L50-A-16Q turns off suddenly while on battery going on I have noticed thanks to this software that every time I unplug the charger the My Satellite L50-A-16Q turns off suddenly while on battery fan speed goes to zero apparently putting the system cooling at risk And I know from the manual that if the processor temperature My Satellite L50-A-16Q turns off suddenly while on battery reaches a critical level the system automatically shuts down Is there anyway to fix the problem in order not to shut it down suddenly making me lose data while on battery Maybe turning on fan speed somehow while on this mode Thank you every one very much for your contribution in advance Kind Regards Matteo

A:My Satellite L50-A-16Q turns off suddenly while on battery

Hi Matteo

On this virtual way it is not easy to say what is wrong there. It would be interesting to know exact battery capacity when this happen.

Using advanced power options you can change many important values so I recommend you to test all this. Try to use notebook with power saver power plan and lower CPU activity.
I don't know if the CPU or any other hardware component reach critical temperature level but please be careful how do you use your machine. Cooling fans must be free and your notebook must be able to ?take a breath?.

Try to test usage with different power plans and using it on the desk only, not placed on the knees or your bed.

By the way: cooling fan activity can be defined in advanced power settings > Toshiba power saver > cooling method. Check it out.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81648-My-Satellite-L50-A-16Q-turns-off-suddenly-while-on-battery
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I own a Dell Studio 15 laptop, usually I get about 3 1/2 to 4 hours of battery life on powersaver mode, depending on what I have turned on and stuff. But when i checked my battery a day ago, I only had 1 hour and 45 minutes of battery life at 100%!! I know that battery life drains over time, but this was so sudden! I lost 2 hours of battery life overnight! Could anyone explain what has happened and how I could go about fixing this problem?

Thanks a bunch!
Ricky

A:Battery life suddenly drained

if windows 7 you can manage battery a bit better but batteries do suddenly go, like a car really, one day it starts next dead, can try to fully drain it then fully charge it and whilst charging do not use the laptop till fully done this may help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-life-suddenly-drained.963616/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello first I apologize if my post will have nbsp grammars errors english is not my native language Well - I have an IdeaPad since a half year On Monday I noticed that the time for how long my notebook can run on battery dropped from about to hours Plus I experience from the same moment some display blinking now and then it blinks x times a day - for a second there is a black screen I looked up the battery capacity in Lenovo Settings and it says that there is Wh form left which doesnt sound for me like it should cut nbsp the time to a half I did a malware scan i looked in my power plan and in the battery consumpting Software and I found nothing suspicious One think is strange - when the battery goes to ca the remaining time starts to improve Like in was nbsp time remaining nbsp when on when it suddenly dropped Battery life goes to i get nbsp Im starting to think that it has something to do with the last big Windows update that happened on September but im not sure if i wouldnt not notice the problem earlier Or is my battery just bad Thanks for answers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Battery-life-suddenly-dropped/td-p/3453674
Relevancy 50.74%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 50.74%

Good morning everyone and a Merry Christmas I m going to try to make this as brief as possible while still including every detail I possibly can Today I received a few cool gadgets for Christmas that I wanted to install on my PC I realized I was short on USB slots so I tried to install a secondary set of USB slots I plugged it in wrong twice in a row due to me misreading my motherboard After stopped suddenly working USB a few restarts my computer wouldn t boot I attempted to clear my CMOS which didn t help I then turned off my power supply s switch then turned it back on After I did this my PC booted but I USB suddenly stopped working was fronted with a boot screen that said the CMOS settings were wrong I was confused as to what this meant and my options were F to Bios or F to default settings and continue After booting my Razer Deathadder quit working Now at this point I m not sure why exactly I did this but I reinstalled Windows I am using Windows XP Pro - bit After reinstalling all my drivers I realized that NONE of my USB ports were working My keyboard mouse webcam nothing worked I updated my Windows BIOS drivers everything is new In the screen for Hardware all my Root USB kits have exclamation points and it says they aren t functioning properly I have NO idea what the hell is going on and if anyone has any ideas or comments please please share them with me I m thinking that when I reset the CMOS perhaps something malfunctioned on my mainboard and now I m left with flawed USB ports Perhaps I m completely wrong I really hope I don t have to buy any new hardware or a new computer all together money is extremely tight Please post if you have any helpful information THANKS Sincerely John

A:USB suddenly stopped working

if you dont have service pack 2 install it then reinstall the usb drivers that come with sp2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281426/usb-suddenly-stopped-working/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I've been using the Microsoft Wireless Broadband router (MN-500) to connect to the internet. This afternoon, while I was away, the wireless connection was suddenly lost. The internet is fine, because when i plug my computer directly into the router (via ethernet), i am able to access the internet. However, the router does not seem to broadcast a wireless signal for the LAN.

I've reset the router, both manually and via the software and reconfigured the network. After this process, the Wireless Network sometimes appears momentarily in Windows...but the connection drops before it can connect.

All the lights on the router light up as normal and it indicates that both the wireless LAN and the WAN are working properly. I have no idea why I can't connect to the network wirelessly though...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, one day I started my laptop and the SSD in it (MZ-7PC256D) suddenly stopped working.

What options do I have to get it working, or atleast recover the data in it.

I tried putting it in another laptop or checking in BIOS, it's simply not getting detected.

EDIT:
The SSD gets super hot when I connect it to the laptop and start it.

A:SSD suddenly stopped working.

Not to be harsh, but when you get it working again thru what ever means you might have to do, make an image on a flash drive or what ever you choose and then, if the SSD has failed completely, install a new one and use the image to bring you back to the time of your last backup.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60230-ssd-suddenly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My wife has Win7 on her laptop. Last night IE 32 bit was working fine. Now when she clicks on the IE icon it does nothing. If i go into the start<all programs<IE 64 bit....then IE 64 bit works.

What has happened and what should I do to fix it.

A:IE 32 bit suddenly stopped working

I'm not trying to be rude really that is not my intention this is just a suggestion

STOP USING INTERNET EXPLORER it is the most vulnerable virus prone browser out there I know it's the world standard .... but it's junk .... sorry .... just get Firefox
and you will never have these problems again
(granted you have to set Firefox up the way you want )

Someone will help with the IE issue but that's my two cents, 2? <<<< check that out
here's how, hold alt and type 0162 (alt+0162)

Cheers

***the shortcut proly lost the path go to program files find IE and create a new shortcut on the desktop you can then drag that to the start menu or whereever******

Cheers Again

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/92507-ie-32-bit-suddenly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

If anyone could help i d appreciate it I has suddenly Internet stopped used my PC with this problem a couple of days ago and everything worked fine The internet ran smoothly no problems etc Now when i start it up it takes minutes to change from the welcome screen and when it does a black screen greets me with just a white arrow I have to start task manager using ctrl alt del and Internet has suddenly stopped open chrome then after another long wait my PC is able to start it s desktop The internet problem is this I connect wonderfully to the internet on the lap-top i m using now but my PC can t do it Two days before it was running incredibly smoothly Now when i hover over the connections tray in the right hand corner it says quot the dependency group or service was unable to start quot Then when i diagnose the problem it says that the DHCP service is unable to start I try to restart it but i can t Then following the advice of some-one on some other board when googling this problem i was told to uninstall my network adapter I did Now it can t find anything resembling the internet I ran a scan on the PC with Norton It didn t pick anything up Here are my specs if need be Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Phenom X Triple Core Processor G Ram GB Memory Integrated graphics GHZ Any help at all would be nice nbsp

A:Internet has suddenly stopped

Actually, the exact make/model of the MB is what we need to know as well.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.

Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-has-suddenly-stopped.930508/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi the audio was working just fine a minute back but now the audio on both the loudspeaker and the mic is not working.I have checked all the sound setting and the volume is full everywhere and not on mute.Please help

A:Audio suddenly stopped

I DID LOADED MY MUSIC TO MY COPUTER IN MY MUSIC FOLDER, BUT I CAN NOT TURN IT ON

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-suddenly-stopped/td-p/5602815
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys So I put together a new PC running suddenly working stopped Mic Windows Pro around months ago and everything was working perfect till days ago when my mic suddenly stopped working I use a Steelseries Siberia V headset and the headphones work fine Mic suddenly stopped working but the mic is not picking up any noise at all I tried plugging in both the back and front ports and my realtek always detects that a mic has been plugged in but it simply won't work I thought maybe my mic got busted so I also tried using an A Tech headset that I had lying around in the office but it has the same issue the mic won't work I looked around online for possible solutions and tried the following with no luck Ensured the mic was set as the default device and that its volume settings were maxed out Tried disabling all sound effects noise suppression acoustic echo cancellation etc Uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled the latest realtek drivers on my motherboard's webpage GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket - GA-Z MX-Gaming rev Uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled the latest realtek drivers on realtek's own webpage RealtekUninstalled all audio drivers and let Windows auto-install drivers I even uninstalled all realtek drivers and tried using the standard quot high definition audio device drivers quot Basically tried everything in this link Microphone Not Working in Windows Win FAQ The conclusion was the same with everything I tried the sound worked fine in both my speakers and headphones but the mics simply didn't work What's strange is that it just stopped working out of nowhere I didn't install any new software or hardware or make any changes prior to the issue Just turned the PC on one day and boom mics not working I am completely stumped now and have no idea what to try next I've attached screenshots of what my mic settings looked like with the realtek drivers and without Really hope someone can help me figure out what went wrong Thanks in advance

A:Mic suddenly stopped working

Hi, try Settings, search Sound, Find and fix audio recording problems.

Otherwise sounds suspiciously like a hardware issue.. internal connector?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42063-mic-suddenly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I suddenly lost sound on my computer after running without problems for months.

I checked the system settings and my volume is turned up, but when I adjust it, all I get is a beep from the internal speaker. I ran a game that makes sound continuously and plugged a headset into the speaker jack on one of the speakers to see if anything is making it that far. I got a very weak signal, but I moved the mouse around and I was definitely hearing all the sounds the computer generates, not just the CD background music.

I am running Windows XP on a Gateway 700. I think the sound card is a Creative SB Audigy. I installed a CD-R a month ago, but have been running fine. I checked all the jacks and everything is plugged in correctly.

Any ideas?

A:Sound suddenly stopped

Try your headphones on the sound card.

Maybe the output stage died.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-suddenly-stopped.137760/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi folks,
my wife tried to install a labtec webcam last night and all of a sudden the mouse, printer and webcam stopped working (all connected to USB ports). i tried checking the device manager and it says USB is working properly. i even restored my computer to friday's date to no avail. all devices were connected to the computer last month before we moved to a new apartment and mouse and printer were ok last night before the installation of the webcam.
thanks a lot for your help.

hp pavilion 510c
windows xp service pack 2

Relevancy 50.74%

This morning, the sound stopped working, however, the only sound i can get is if i go to the realtek sound manager thing by gigabyte tech. (Audio device:Realtek AC97 i think) and then start the jack sense thing. I get a few 'zap' sounds but if i play music, then the music will play with the 'zaps' but only for a second or 2, then no sound.
After the jack-sense, i get a pop up saying i needa check the front and center/subwoofer speakers, but the speakers are in-built to my monitor, so i don't know what to do...

Sound was working fine yesterday, but failed this morning.

help?

P.S. i tried plugging in several headphones on the front of the comp, but no sound.

A:Suddenly sound stopped, help.

Okay Syzion

This is primarily due to two things:

1. Your Sound-drivers are either not there anymore.

2. Your Sound card is defective.

Check your Sound card Drivers first:

If Windows Go> Start> Control Panel > Sound Settings > I think its the General Tab it should allow you to move the sound up and down. If it "grayed out" then
your sound card drivers are missing. (sorry I am on a MAC right now)

OR-->Start>My Computer> Device Manager> Check under the Sound Card make sure there is NO yellow "?" on the Sound-card realtek..
I would right click on the Sound Card and click "Update Drivers"

Post your reply to see if the Drivers are there...

Than-you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310630/suddenly-sound-stopped-help/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello My DVD-RW after years of faithful service has suddenly stopped being able to write data on blank DVD-R s It reads data fine but writing is suddenly a problem and it says disk inexcessable Coincidently or not it just started with a new batch of DVD-Rs They are an exact match to the ones I have been using before and I even went out and bought a new batch but they don t work either I have been getting error messages previously with my quot Drag amp Drop CD -burner quot I believe that it said something like needing to update the driver s firmware I run Windows XP on a Sony system The drive info is as follows don t know the specific manufacturer though Sony DVD RW DW-U A Can this be fixed or is it time for a new DVD-RW UPDATE I just updated supposedly the writing stopped DVD-RW suddenly drivers Firmware using rpc org However when I try to write to the disks it gives me a quot Error Writing Disk DVD-RW suddenly stopped writing quot message Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all I working LAN stopped suddenly run a network at home computers both running xp One connecting directly to cable broadband modem computer with the two computers linked by a single crossover cable For the past year or so I have happily shared the internet connection as well as the printer and numerous files but today when I booted them up computer - the one not connected to the modem - simply gave me a quot Limited or no connectivity quot I d had the problem before and had in the past easily fixed it by repairing the connection however now it simply hangs on renewing ip address LAN suddenly stopped working I ve tried restarting computers disabling and enabling connections nothing I do seems to work Any help is greatly appreciated and any more information I need to provide just ask Thanks in advance Andrew PROBLEM SOLVED I just went to check on firewall on host computer when I tried to open up firewall settings i recieved something along the lines of quot Windows firewall and internet connection sharing are not currently running would you like to start running them quot Ridiculous i could spend hours LAN suddenly stopped working on something and solve it like that gt lt Out of curiosity how did my internet connection service just quot turn itself off quot seems strange to me nbsp

A:LAN suddenly stopped working

Could be from an error to spyware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-suddenly-stopped-working.460028/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi,
My ps2 just suddenly stopped working, it wasnt at all gradual and it just makes a lot of clicking/loud/grinding (not very nice!!) sounds! i tried the solution that involved rotating the white clog in my ps2 which just changed the sounds - at one position it doesn't make the sounds but then doesn't seem to be able to read any discs. i marked the original position so i've now returned it to its original state but i would be very grateful for any suggestions on how to solve the problem!! (i've also tried cleaning the laser)
Cheers, Rich

A:ps2 suddenly stopped working

call sony and descirbe ur problem. chances are they may fix it for free

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps2-suddenly-stopped-working.146412/
Relevancy 50.74%

My windows vista internet suddenly stopped I thinik after I did a virus scan after catchin a spyware/virus. I had spyware sweeper but it stopped working saying that it is incompatible with vista?

It can't be my modem/ router because we tried hookin up another computer we have and internet works fine and my comp which is on the same router works well also.

I "reformatted it" I don't know if i did this properly. I put in vista disc and told it to install. and it lead me through... looks like its successful but my internet still doesn't work. I tried Norton virus 2008 but it doesnt have the latest definitions because we have no internet to download it. I tried AVG also scanned comp. We have 11 viruses that cannot be treated or something. Someone please help me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-suddenly-stopped-308249.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My IDE CD R/RW has suddenly stopped working. I can eject the tray but when I close it the LED stays on constanly and i can't hear the usual whirring noise when the CD is just starting up.

I've had my computer for around 10 months now and everything has been alright up until now.
I've scanned for viruses, nothing.
No settings have been changed.
So what could it be?

P4 1.9
40GB HD
256Mb RAM
NEC DVD drive
CONNECT 3D ATI RADEON 9700 128Mb

A:cd-rw suddenly stopped working help!!

Can you boot with a Windows bootable disk, choose w/cdrom support........(the cdrom drive letter will move one letter ahead from where you know it to be now) then put a disk in the drive, change to that drive letter, and type

dir
and get a directory of the cdrom?

Also, in device manager, does the drive appear there without any yellow exclamation marks on IDE controllers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-suddenly-stopped-working-help.108155/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

A:compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19465162
Relevancy 50.31%

my battery was giving 1.5 hour power backup from last 4 months... then last month it decreased to 1 hour...from couple of days it decreased to 1/5 hour(with error 'Consider replacing new battery') and yesterday i was using on battery power... and battery had 34% power remaining.. suddenly battery indicating light turns orange and pc shutdown... after that.. my pc is not charging battery... and if i run pc on battery.. it work 10 to 15 minutes ( with orange light.. and on task bar.. battery icon giving error "No battery is detected" ) and then shut down.

today i run laptop on battery power and open setup..and there was error "No battery installed" in battery info...

what happened.. can anyone tell me????

i forgot to tell you that... according to battery's LEDs.... my battery is healthy enough.. but now only 1 led is working...

A:My laptop running on BATTERY and giving error 'No battery detected'

Your battery has failed and must be replaced. They're only good for three or four years. Happens to all laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238716-my-laptop-running-battery-giving-error-no-battery-detected.html
Relevancy 50.31%

It's so strange. Today when I turned on my laptop, suddenly, there was a message that my battery has problems so the computer might shut down suddenly. I tried different strategies, like uninstalling the battery driver, or letting the computer completely die. When it turned off itself at 6%, I turned it back on, and it was at 2 minutes battery life. Then in a few minutes, it said 4 minutes battery life for 6%. Now, it's passed an hour, and it says 3 minutes, but changes sometimes to 1-4 minutes. The battery meter is completely wrong, and I don't know what to do since it is closing the computer way too early. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Please help me.

A:Laptop Battery Meter is Completely Wrong and it says there's a problem with the battery

How long have you been using the laptop with battery? Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471577/laptop-battery-meter-is-completely-wrong-and-it-says-theres-a-problem-with-the-battery/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there I have Battery.. 1YearOld at battery Laptop left. 20% off powers unexpectedly an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium bits GB Ram and HDD At Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery.. the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Can someone please tell me what is causing my year-old laptop to power off for no reason at all when battery has just remaining Do I have to buy a new one or what Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery..

Hi there .. Do you have Power4Gear Installed ... If so i would look into the Settings for that could be a power plan so save Battery life ... It should also be able to tell you your Battery's Health status ... I have no idea how good this Program is could be total crap ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322529-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-battery-left-1yearold-battery.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop is suddenly switching off even when battery is above than 60% charged and when I trying to full charge of battery than battery icon showing...73% available ( plugged in, Not charging). After I check the Battery status in HP support assistance than it showing Battery status is OK....Please help me, How can I this issue?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-notebook-suddenly-switching-off-even-when-battery-is/td-p/5746207
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello first I - dropped 700 suddenly Ideapad life Battery apologize Ideapad 700 - Battery life suddenly dropped if my post will have nbsp grammars errors english is not my native language Well - I have an IdeaPad since a half year On Monday I noticed that the Ideapad 700 - Battery life suddenly dropped time for how long my notebook can run on battery dropped from about to hours Plus I experience from the same moment some display blinking now and then it blinks x times a day - for a second there is a black screen I looked up the battery capacity Ideapad 700 - Battery life suddenly dropped in Lenovo Settings and it says that there is Wh form left which doesnt sound for me like it should cut nbsp the time to a half I did a malware scan i looked in my power plan and in the battery consumpting Software and I found nothing suspicious One think is strange - when the battery goes to ca the remaining time starts to improve Like in was nbsp time remaining nbsp when on when it goes to i get nbsp Im starting to think that it has something to do with the last big Windows update that happened on September but im not sure if i wouldnt not notice the problem earlier Or is my battery just bad Thanks for answers nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-700-Battery-life-suddenly-dropped/td-p/3453674
Relevancy 50.31%

Today i have had this issue twice, Both times my laptop was on around 25% battery so i connected the charger and the battery suddenly says it has 0% and charging. Before connecting the charger it had minimum of 20% and after connecting it suddenly says 0% and charging. Can you help me out with this please?? Model - Lenovo Yoga 3 pro - 1370 

A:Yoga 3 pro battery suddenly drops to 0% when charg...

Dear sadmanshams,

Welcome in Lenovo Community.

Does the battery charge over when you connect the charger or it keeps saying 0% available, charging?

What happen if you disconnect the charger while the machine is showing 0%, will it go off?

Also please advise with the Windows version running on your machine.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Regards,

Menna.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-pro-battery-suddenly-drops-to-0-when-charger-is-connected/td-p/2170503
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,Hope I've posted the question in right category. My laptop is 1.5 years old. Was working fine,with battery backup of 4 hours,until one day the battery died suddenly. The laptop didn't turn on. After taking it to a technician, I got to know that I've to buy a new battery pack. I bought a compatible battery with specifications 14.4v and 2200mAh (4 cell). After replacing it, I'm facing with an annoying problem. The laptop suddenly shuts down automatically, when working on battery. It works fine if I use only adapter. There's no definite time period of shutting down. Sometimes it happens twice a day, or won't happen even for 4 days continuously. I've disposed off my original battery, and didn't remember its configurations. The manual requirement says 41Whr 4 cell. Please help me in this case. Really in a need of urgent help! P.s. Got the heat sink checked, and there is no heating problem in laptop.Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Compaq-15-s105tu-suddenly-shuts-down-on-battery/td-p/5765073
Relevancy 50.31%

My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6t-7000. I purchased a 9-cell battery as second battery and I switch it out from time to time with my other battery. I have never had a problem with it charging or keeping a charge. Suddenly, I find that it won't charge above 47% of capacity. Only two of the four LED lights on the battery will light up. It charges up to 47% and stops. It will show that the unit it plugged in but not charging.  If I was seeing a degradation of the battery over time, I could accept that, but this happened suddenly. Any thoughts or suggestions?

A:MO09 9 cell battery suddenly won't charge over 47%

Hello Geoaddict, Thank you for posting on the HP Forums! I understand the battery will not charge to 100%. To start, please try Testing and Calibrating the Battery. You should be able to find out if the battery has any issues.. If the battery appears to be fine, you can try to improve your battery performance.  For more information on improving battery performance, please review the following document: Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista). If none of this helps, you can try purchasing a replacement battery if the computer isn't in warranty. If it is, you should be able to get a replacement over HP phone support. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, and if this helped you. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day! Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/MO09-9-cell-battery-suddenly-won-t-charge-over-47/td-p/3825126
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey, Recently i got my Thinkpad Yoga 460 back from lenovo battery replacement. Now today, after a week of a perfect working battery, i got a "lenovo unauthorized battery warning" and the battery wouldnt be charged When i remove my AC-Adapter the laptop works fine for a few minutes and then looses power.Sometimes i got a warning that i have to reinstall oder change the battery.Lenovo settings doesnt show a battery either. Anyone got an idea what i could do?    

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-460-Battery-quot-disappeared-quot-suddenly-not/td-p/3319172
Relevancy 50.31%

I bought my hp Pavilion notebook in India Now I live in the UK For the Pavilion off 15 switches on low suddenly HP battery notebook last month or so I've problems HP Pavilion 15 notebook suddenly switches off on low battery with my laptop Whenever the laptop is on battery it discharges very quickly HP Pavilion 15 notebook suddenly switches off on low battery It randomly shuts off not shut down just shuts off with a gut wrenching clink of the hard disk anytime below charge no notification of low battery or going into hibernation It may happen in the middle of typing a sentence or browsing nbsp I ran diagnostics HP battery check software first showed a weak battery result I was about to order a new battery when I ran the software again which now says primary battery OK nbsp It is very confusing as even if we agree that the battery has developed a problem I can't understand why the system is not detecting low battery or putting the computer to hibernate as per the settings I've checked drivers - updated nbsp The laptop is just one year and - months old nbsp Should I replace the battery Or is it a software error from the new windows upgrade Any help will be appreciated Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-15-notebook-suddenly-switches-off-on-low-battery/td-p/5809351
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am new here amp need help with this Sound playing stopped suddenly one A couple of days ago the sound in my pc failed It was working fine before that I tried the usual installing the sound driver again but it did not work Now I can see the driver icon in the system tray amp occasionally the volume control icon as well but when I click it a message is displayed that there are no active mixers available Also I use AIMP as my Sound stopped playing suddenly music player amp it has been displaying this message quot cannot initialize sound engine quot My speakers work fine I am not sure but I think the problem is with the sound card Any ideas PLEASE HELP Btw my sound card is built into the motherboard amp the motherboard is about - yrs old Here are the specs CPU-Z TXT Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binaries ------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU-Z version Processors ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Number of processors Number of threads APICs ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor -- Core -- Thread Processors Information ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor ID Number of cores max Number of threads max Name Intel Pentium Codename Willamette Specification Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Package platform ID Socket mPGA x CPUID F Extended CPUID F Brand ID Core Stepping E Technology um Core Speed MHz Multiplier x FSB x MHz Rated Bus speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instructions sets MMX SSE SSE L Data cache KBytes -way set associative -byte line size Trace cache Kuops -way set associative L cache KBytes -way set associative -byte line size FID VID Control no Thread dumps ------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Thread APIC ID Topology Processor ID Core ID Thread ID Type h Max CPUID level h Max CPUID ext level h Cache descriptor Level U KB thread s Cache descriptor Level T KB thread s Cache descriptor Level D KB thread s CPUID x x x E x C E x E x x F x x x FEBFBFF x x B x x x A x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x E x x C x x E x D x x x x E x A MSR x B x xFEE MSR x x x MSR x A x x MSR x A x x E Chipset ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Northbridge Intel i E rev E Southbridge Intel DB ICH rev Graphic Interface AGP AGP Revision AGP Transfer Rate x AGP SBA supported enabled Memory Type DDR Memory Size MBytes Memory Frequency MHz CAS latency CL RAS to CAS delay tRCD RAS Precharge tRP Cycle Time tRAS Memory SPD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIMM SMBus address x Memory type DDR Manufacturer ID Size MBytes Max bandwidth PC MHz Part number Number of banks Data width bits Correction None Registered no Buffered no Nominal Voltage Volts EPP no XMP no JEDEC timings table CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRC frequency JEDEC - - - - MHz JEDEC - - - - MHz JEDEC - - - - MHz SPD registers A B C D E F D B E C C C C A A B C D E F Monitoring ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mainboard Model MS- E x E - x BE nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi My father s broadband was working fine until a week ago He is with Post Office broadband He complained that it was not fetching pages here is what i have working suddenly broadband stopped seen and done His pc would not fetch pages in any browser IE firefox Chrome Ping works fine nslookup is fine telnet broadband suddenly stopped working is fine netstat shows that connection is established to broadband suddenly stopped working google etc i reset his router and every now and again i could fetch a page or two very quickly broadband suddenly stopped working before it ground to a halt again i e all browsers state that they connect and that they are requesting data but just hangs I assumed his pc at fault so tried my laptop exactly the same behaviour - wired and wireless I tried another router that definetly works same behaviour have tried opendns addresses same behaviour spend hours on the phone to Post office tech support they say the line checks out fine fast no noise etc they say that there must be a problem with his wiring and that they will not send out an engineer I have tried turning his router off for some hours then leaving in the master socket to no avail taken all other phones sky out of other sockets changed filters the pc s i have tried both run xp i am yet to try a live linux distro his router is a zyxel my router is a bt issue router sorry i don t have models with me i m not at home As i said above his broadband was all working fine then one day it stopped They insist that it is a problem at his end not theirs I have managed to get them to issue a new router but i will be very surprised if this works as my router exhibited the same behaviour Has anyone any advice is there something i have missed I have thought of MTU tcp fixes etc - but - i got exactly the same problems with my independent - fully functional laptop many thanks teethgrinder nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there Recently my computer has been very strange I have been having unwitnessed BSODs showing up in the reliability monitor lots of hardware errors in the reliability monitor and multiple programs stopping working The troubleshooting steps I took to try to solve these issues were updating all drivers testing ram with memtest passes OK testing the hard drive with Sea Tools all Stopped Suddenly up... Booting Computer ok and refreshing windows A couple of days ago I experienced my start menu Cortana all apps etc not working So I logged off only to find a Computer Suddenly Stopped Booting up... black screen with a curser The only way to turn off was to do a hard shut down After turning back on again I got the usual windows start up screen and normal AVG watchdog starting up text see attachment However my computer freezes at this stage AVG stops at finished Computer Suddenly Stopped Booting up... and the computer freezes After trying to boot into safe mode I simply get the black screen and curser again Luckily I have all files backed up and other computers to use but I am really concerned about the root cause Computer Suddenly Stopped Booting up... of my problems as I have had similar errors in previous installs of windows Would these problems be caused by hardware I am happy to clean install if necessary but I would like to find out the causes of my problems first Thank you very much for your help

A:Computer Suddenly Stopped Booting up...

Mentioning most of the event related to AVG, what about if we suspect that AVG as a root cause?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38138-computer-suddenly-stopped-booting-up.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello.

My LAN and WiFi suddenly stopped working. It was working fine for several hours before now. I decided to take a break and pour myself some coffee and give a package to the postman. Gone for maybe 10 minutes at the most.

When I came back, the LAN and WiFi mysteriously had stopped functioning. I know nobody touched anything because I am the only one who uses this computer. I tried disabling and re-enabling, as well as re-installing the drivers. This is a work network, and everyone else's connection seems fine, and I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. Keep in mind I can't just re-set the router because this is not a home network.

A:LAN/WiFi suddenly stopped workiing

Hi -Please download Farbar Service Scanner to desktop and run it on the computer with the issue. I must only assume that 1 computer has the problem•Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterWindows UpdateWindows Defender•Press "Scan".•It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.•Please copy and paste the log to your reply.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462500/lanwifi-suddenly-stopped-workiing/
Relevancy 49.88%

okay lets see if i can explain this in a coherent manner a few days ago my cd burner was working fine but now when i go into my computer the drive isn t in there in the device manager there are three errors see below in all of them it says quot the device is either not present not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed quot it s a plug and play thing so i don t have any driver disks and i tried removing the drive and getting windows to re install it but it s still the same when it was re installing it windows didn t really seem to go through all the motions if you understand what i mean it took a super short time so i know something messed up during that i ve checked to make sure the wires are all connected i don t have another cd drive to use i used the burner suddenly stopped working cd burner to read cd and everything else so basically i m screwed without it last week i had some problems with my computer not starting up but cd burner stopped working suddenly i managed to get that fixed by screwing around in the advance trouble shooting options everything was unclicked so i clicked it all and have been slowly unclicking it again take cd burner stopped working suddenly a look and see if i messed anything up is that okay i don t know and now since that starting up incident the internet won t play movies i doubt the burner and all this are connected but maybe i messed something up also i did a spy ware sweep with a bullet proof soft program so maybe something happened there if you guys could give me any suggestions i d really appreciate it also my msn messenger is email protected please add me and help if you can nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys suddenly mic working stopped Headset I know this is my first post so I m sorry that it is to ask for help I own a set of Turtle Beach X headphones that I originally bought for use with my However I discovered I could use them for PC too so I now use them primarily for teamspeak and such To start with I had no problem setting it up Just plugged in the USB lead Headset mic suddenly stopped working mic lead into pink jack audio into green jack and everything worked fine without the need for drivers or any set up Everything has worked fine for weeks but all of a sudden my microphone is no longer detected by my PC The headset speakers work fine I can hear other Headset mic suddenly stopped working people but they cant hear me The weird thing is I can hear myself speak through the speakers when i speak into the mic so clearly it isnt a hardware issue but something else has changed by itself The only thing I did before the mic stopped working Aside from use teamspeak like normal was to install hamachi and to try and use the STEAM voice chat feature out of curiosity I first assumed that one of these had maybe interfered so I did a rollback but that didnt help I have tried all the basic stuff and am pretty sure my sound card drivers are up to date that I know of but any help would be very much appreciated P S I have an ASUS motherboard with a built in sound card Here is a dxdiag just in case it helps UPDATE I bought a cheap plug and play mic that just plugs into the mic jack to check if a new one would work Unfortunately it doesnt same problem I know the mic works since I can hear myself speaking through my speakers however my PC still doesnt recieve any input from the mic and so doesnt record any sound I only have one sound device that I can select so its not a problem with having the wrong thing selected I also have Microphone selected for recording and for playback so it is also not a problem with that Could it be a problem with my sound card I didnt think so because sound works fine and I havent had any error messages or anything Any help is appreciated guys nbsp

A:Headset mic suddenly stopped working

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/19/2011, 15:53:24
Machine name:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 752MB used, 5205MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0622&SUBSYS_238B1682&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,900
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0012.5896 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/9/2010 22:38:00, 6343040 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 7/9/2010 22:38:00, 10604128 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4562-11CF-3A62-870300C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0622
SubSys ID: 0x238B1682
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoPro... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-mic-suddenly-stopped-working.159917/
Relevancy 49.88%

I use my laptop regularly to present via LCD projectors using a VGA cable. After a break of 4 weeks, I cannot get the output to work.  On one projector / cable, the display kept flickering on and off, as if the connection to my laptop was physically wobbly at the location where the VGA cable meets the laptop.  On the next projector / cable, my laptop registered that the cable was stable and connected and offered the display options for dual display.  However the display was not shown on the screen.  Both projectors / cables work well with other laptops. Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/VGA-output-suddenly-stopped-working/td-p/5695018
Relevancy 49.88%

My internet access one just stopped working and i m not sure why I have Norton Antivirus I have run adaware and spybot Here is the HijackThis log Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE suddenly stopped! Access Internet Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Internet Access suddenly stopped! WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hs facebook com profile php id O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files A... Read more

A:Internet Access suddenly stopped!

Hiya and welcome

Are you still having this problem? If so, can we see a fresh Hijackthis log please

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-suddenly-stopped.721894/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone ...
Can I pick someone's brains again please?
I have a Netgear router (WGR614UK) which, until recently was chatting away quite happily to my Belkin laptop dongle - usually establishing a strong connection. However, having not used the laptop for a month or so, the connection has now vanished ... and nothing I can do seems to restore it. Have even replaced the original Belkin with another 'Surfing' one. Choosing a wireless network comes up with my 'Automatic' connection (which doesn't do anything 'automatic' until I go searching for it), but then connection attempts show 'Waiting for the network ...' and then nothing else.
If you've seen my previous posts, I must look like (and probably am) a total dummy with these things, but I sure as hell would be grateful for help again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dongle-has-suddenly-stopped-talking-to-my-pc.160183/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone, I've been using a D-link DIR-615 router successfully to connect to the internet for about 7 weeks. Up until now, it was working perfectly, both wirelessly and wired. It's also using the latest firmware (4.00).

The internet status LED on the front of the router is orange instead of green. When accessing the admin panel, it shows a blank IP address so I believe it's having trouble getting an IP address from the modem.

I've tried rebooting it numerous times and still the internet light remains orange and it's not working. I've even tried restoring it to the factory settings but to no avail. The internet works fine if I connect to the modem directly so it's definately the router at fault.

Does anyone know why it would suddenly stop working after such a short time? I'm out of ideas.

Relevancy 49.88%

hi all. not quite sure how it came about but my usb ports are not picking up any of my devices - ext hard drive, ext sound card etc. although the devices still light up as normal. there was new hardware trying to install itself the day this happened calling itself Human Interface Device with a load of numbers after it. i declined to install it but it still asks me if i want to start the install wizard after every reboot. i went into the usb 'bit' in the device manger, saw this human interface device at the end of the last usb and decided to delete it. this hasn't worked. anyone any ideas?
i use xp.
love to you all!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usbs-suddenly-stopped-working.1067583/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi
I've looked everywhere for a solution to this, but everyones problem seems to be slightly different to mine, and nothing I've tried works anyway...

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 (I know it's pretty s**t) and the cd drive for it is a TSST
TS-L532B and a couple of weeks ago it just stopped recognising any disks (audio, CD, DVD etc). The computer recognises the drive (it appears in My Computer) but when I put a CD in I can hear it whizz around try to read it, but it never works...

I tried download some new firmware for it but no luck...

PLEASE HELP!!!

A:CD/DVD drive suddenly stopped working

If windows recognizes the drive then the drive is probably shot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-drive-suddenly-stopped-working.602731/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm pretty much when it comes to these stuffs so here it goes Quote In terms of events Had winamp running some mp files in background - gt No probs have been running these files for more than an year now never had an issue Tried opening skype - gt at first no probs skype upgraded - ! Speakers suddenly functioning stopped gt again no probs after its loaded - gt my speakers went whoosh Speakers stopped functioning suddenly ! with the skype starting up sound amp stopped playing any sound suddenly I had a doubt whether any virus or anything was wrong so I ran malware bytes amp sfc scannow had no issues popup in either of them Rebooted system after these scans amp sound is not yet back Just wanted to double check if at least headphones were working a big relief They do Just in case if it matters when I tried looking in Devices troubleshoot it had only Base System Device Speakers stopped functioning suddenly ! doesn't have an driver then tried Microsoft Fix Troubleshooters http go microsoft com linkid http go microsoft com linkid no prob detected in either of them What should I do next I tried googling amp was scared to test different methods listed around I didn't want to break anything around I didn't want to uninstall the sound device as I feared what would happen if it doesn't amp even my headphones stop functioning now And will there be any probs if I continue using headphones with speaker not functioning

A:Speakers stopped functioning suddenly !

What is shown as the Default Playback Device? Your "Speakers" should be set as the default playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/380211-speakers-stopped-functioning-suddenly.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The sound on my laptop stopped working suddenly . It had been working fine for about 1 year since I upgraded to Windows 10 .  It says "No output device is installed " under playback devices .But the IDT high definition Audio Codec shows up in Device Manager . If I tried to update driver, it fails . I can hear audio if I connect an external sound card , but not just regular headphones or from the laptop's speaker .When i tried Troubleshooting , it failed with the error code 0x80131018I have already tried all steps recommended by HP Support Assitant .Even tried Restting the laptop (all applications were deleted , but files restored) , but still no sound .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-stopped-working-suddenly/td-p/5681718
Relevancy 49.88%

Have been using vista as installed since purchase autumn 2009. Suddenly my Tosh satellite decided it isnt a genuine version. Have reset key to no avail.
Key genuine as suppled but satellite will not allow access to vista. Laptop useless!!

Does anyone have any ideas what to do??

A:My software suddenly stopped being genuine

If you use original Toshiba recovery image (preinstalled Vista version) something like this should not happen. You can use this recovery image so often you want but it will always be activated version.
With your notebook you have also paid valid licence for preinstalled Vista.

What to do?
Use recovery DVD and install Vista again.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62843-My-software-suddenly-stopped-being-genuine
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok a few days ago port forwarding just stopped working with the exception of a couple ports the remote desktop port and a netBIOS port and possibly a couple others The first thing I did was check that it was set up correctly and it is Then I checked both firewalls router and windows and both were off as is normal for me After that I tried DMZ and Static NAT both failed The stopped suddenly forwarding Port two exceptions I mentioned above would still work but nothing Port forwarding suddenly stopped else I updated my router s firmware - nothing I ve tried disabling my antivirus still nothing Then I turned the firewall on the router on nothing the windows firewall and I got something With the windows firewall on ports time out However if I add a port to the windows firewall exception list that port will say its closed Windows Firewall Block port Time out Windows Firewall Allow port Closed Now how does that make any sense So it seems to me the problem must be somewhere in Windows but I can t think of anything I have no other firewall installed antivirus hasn t blocked ports before and disabling it doesn t do anything anyways any ideas BTW just before this happened I had Apache installed and was doing some testing with it But since then I ve uninstalled it But thats the only significant thing that happened before everything got blocked Also my router is a Westell Versalink w came free with DSL lol Any ideas at all will be apreciated nbsp

A:Port forwarding suddenly stopped

Is it possible that your ISP is blocking the ports on which you want to forward? Some ISPs block 80 and 21.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-suddenly-stopped.741741/