Windows Support Forum

WiFi disappeared under internet and network!

Q: WiFi disappeared under internet and network!

I have a HP envy m4 notebook
My airplane mode is turned off, and router is all fine but itn says
"No internet connection found"
I troubleshooted, then It said
"Connect to Ethernet"
But I never used an Ethernet cable for internet. I've always used WiFi
I went to device manager, and there was only Ethernet under Network & internet. WiFi option wasn't even there.
I restored my laptop (windows 10 running Btw)
The problem still wasn't solves and even more now another problem arose.
"No sound device installed"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disappeared-under-internet-and-network.1163852/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WiFi disappeared under internet and network!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all I disappeared Can't get and help. WiFi on Detection internet? Possible notice a lot of forum angst about the WiFi Detection disappeared and Can't get on internet? Possible help. sudden disappearance of the list of WiFi hotspots detected right-hand side of taskbar and so inability to connect with the internet Being - literally - a gumby I don't know the terms for various things so I hope folk know what I'm talking about I'm calling the little quot WiFi quot icon on the taskbar lower right the quot WiFi Manager quot - if anyone would mind responding with its correct title I'd be grateful OK - My story I suddenly got booted off the internet last night and when I tried WiFi Detection disappeared and Can't get on internet? Possible help. to reconnect found the box usually containing the list of detected hotspots was totally empty AND only the quot AirplaneMode quot button was at the bottom of that After the usual panic and hoping lots of rebooting would fix something I right clicked on the quot WiFi Manager quot icon - now a box with a red cross on it Nothing I'm not very observant but here's a list of what I think I did to get my internet connection back Maybe it'll help some folk Certainly not all Sorry Open quot Control Panel quot Left click quot Network and Internet quot Left click quot Network and Sharing Center quot Look down to quot Change your networking settings quot Left click quot Troubleshoot problems quot Page should read quot Troubleshoot problems - Network and Internet quot Under quot Network quot - top half Left click on quot Internet Connections quot quot Find and fix problems with connecting to the Internet or to websites quot I'm pretty sure a box popped up with two discoveries one of which with an Administrator icon next to it read to the effect that quot Wifi detection was disabled - need to enable it as administrator quot or words to that effect I left clicked on the link that invited fixing as an administrator and after maybe another popup with a progress bar counted the seconds it declared the issue had been fixed I can't remember whether I restarted the computer or not but I got WiFi detection back and so got back online Again sorry it's so vague but hope it helps someone Cheers ausgumbie

A:WiFi Detection disappeared and Can't get on internet? Possible help.

Actually, this is a big help as many of us have never found any troubleshooter do anything useful

Good that it worked for you.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/22513-wifi-detection-disappeared-cant-get-internet-possible-help.html
Relevancy 58.48%

After I restarted my Laptop, I noticed both my internet connection icons (wired and wireless) and several items were missing from my taskbar on my laptop. I cannot find them anywhere on my computer, the network displays 0 items. Also, I cannot restore the computer at all.  Any prompt help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Network connection and wireless icon disappeared from Taskbar and no internet

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590717/network-connection-and-wireless-icon-disappeared-from-taskbar-and-no-internet/
Relevancy 54.61%

I've Unidentified network home with Wifi internet only read countless threads here and elsewhere but have found nothing that really describes my problem First of all some background I live on a boat and the only available Internet connection is by Wifi There are no landline or cable connections available I have two Toshiba laptops one running Pro and one running Pro They are networked by direct ethernet cable connection The network works fine once you get past the unidentified public network to unidentified home network And I Unidentified home network with Wifi only internet can connect to the Internet by Wifi from either laptop or both at once DHCP is enabled on both adapters I have tried with no success and considerable frustration to make my Unidentified home network with Wifi only internet home network quot identifiable quot so I don't have to reset the network location on both machines anytime there is a break in the connection eg restart shutdown Everything I have tried that makes the home network identified though has kept me from connecting to the Internet by Wifi It appears to me that once the home network is identified specific DNS valid IPs that Windows wants to connect the network rather than the individual laptops to the Internet and so though I can connect to the Wifi network itself and it says I have Internet access I'm quot invisible quot evidently no gateway to the Wifi ISP I have worked manually through Properties of the adapters and have tried a wired only router Trendnet TW -S W CA also a Network switch which didn't solve the unidentified problem When using the router as soon as I unplug from it I have Internet connectivity by Wifi without having to reconnect The only thing I haven't tried is using ICS as I'm not sure how vulnerable I would be on the Wifi I hope I've presented the problem clearly but I'll try to put it more basically Is there a way to use a wired router with no Internet connection to create a home network and still be able to connect to the Internet by Wifi

A:Unidentified home network with Wifi only internet

This problem has so many causes and solutions that it's nearly impossible to narrow it down to any one thing.

You can try the fixes highlighted in the link but there are many other possible fixes in the comments sections.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325466-unidentified-home-network-wifi-only-internet.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi. I'm using a Gateway NV54 laptop and the wifi isn't connecting to the home network or internet. The wifi worked before the install, but not after. I have another laptop and the wifi works fine for it.

Recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit. Installed all drivers. Current wireless driver is Intel Wireless LAN Driver (since the laptop uses Intel Pentium processor).

When I click my home network in the list of connections it asks for the security key. I put in the key and immediately it says "windows was unable to connect to this network." Tried this multiple times. I can connect with ethernet but not wireless.

Tried pressing Xfinity router wireless button to pick up the laptop but it didn't work. Tried logging into Xfinity router from the other computer and manually put the laptop's computer name and mac address into router, restarted router, still can't connect.

Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Wifi for laptop not connecting to network/internet

Hi Kevin ... Welcome to Seven Forums .. Have you any errors in the Device Manager ? ....

Did you Install the Wireless Driver from the Gateway Website ? ...

:Noticed there was 3 Wireless Drivers on the Gateway Website :

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378272-wifi-laptop-not-connecting-network-internet.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Windows 7 64bit, a Belkin router, and a Wifi usb card.

I have a Windows Xp computer networked and shared on the router.

I get my internet from the Wifi usb card.
I would like to use the internet off the wifi card, but also still connect to my network and get files from the XP computer.

(I would like to have the connections separate. One for Internet over Wifi. Lan for sharing files over home network.)

I have the two connections working just fine. and i can get internet...
But...

The LAN is a "public network" and I cant change it to a home network.
and i cant see the Xp computer or its files.
I would be grateful for any help.

A:LAN Home Network with router + Wifi internet

Quote: Originally Posted by tcables

I have Windows 7 64bit, a Belkin router, and a Wifi usb card.

I have a Windows Xp computer networked and shared on the router.

I get my internet from the Wifi usb card.

I would like to use the internet off the wifi card, but also still connect to my network and get files from the XP computer.

(I would like to have the connections separate. One for Internet over Wifi. Lan for sharing files over home network.)

I have the two connections working just fine. and i can get internet...
But...

The LAN is a "public network" and I cant change it to a home network.
and i cant see the Xp computer or its files.

I would be grateful for any help.

Ok, your W7 machine is using the USB wifi, and your XP is using the home wifi (ie through your router). I cannot see why your W7 can't use both the USB wifi AND router wifi. Matter of fact it should work from connections point of view. I tried it on my eeepc, with a USB modem attached.

If you are just sharing files from your W7 and Xp, you don't need to be on the internet. That said if both machine can see each other, everything you wanted should be fine. Just create shared folder to be shared between the machines, and surf the net from either. However why do u want to use the USB wifi for internet when you can use your router's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54688-lan-home-network-router-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve been having a strange internet connection for a while Mainly via wifi but also via cable sometimes I have another post of losing the Ethernet adapter once in a while but that seems to fix itself when I manage to reconnect to internet network lose key itself - Wifi connection changes internet through wifi That problem boiled down Wifi network key changes itself - lose internet connection to this quot Incorrect Network Key quot which was what always blocked internet access via wifi When I cannot get connection via wifi I Wifi network key changes itself - lose internet connection run the Diagnose Connection problem in IE I m on XP A couple of times it has told me there s an issue with the Winsock and that it will proceed to reset it But most of the time it tells me the Network Key is incorrect although the wireless connection indicates that I am connected properly and have an excellent signal It prompts me to reenter teh Nw Key in Network Connections When I do the existing NW Key is always different from what it should be It also happens if I just open the Nw Connections panel and check the Wireless Nw properties for my wifi nw What I have entered as a correct key is not what appears It is like it doesn t quot save quot the Nw Key Where I live there are two computers connected My XP and an iMac G along with its own wifi nw for Apple TV etc There are also other wifi nws in the building but all protected Also these are not on my preferred nws list Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-key-changes-itself-lose-internet-connection.571776/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

How can i create local WIFI network without having internet access on my pc. This seems to work if I have access to internet but when i disconnect internet connection my PC ( virtual router ) cannot see anymore other devices..

All other devices that are connecting to my virtual hostednetwork are working without any problems expect my pc. What have i missed that my PC where virtual hostednetwork is running cannot see devices in "virtual" network without internet access?

A:How to create WIFI network without internet connectiion

What virtual machine are you talking about? The computer WiFi would have nothing to do with the VM. But in order for the VM to see devices on the network. You have to be connected to the network through wired or wifi connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48983-how-create-wifi-network-without-internet-connectiion.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i've had a wifi network set up at my house for several months now and no problems if i couldn't connect i always just unplugged the router for seconds and was able to connect well suddenly today i can't connect to the internet but my wifi network appears to be fine it's says i have excellent signal strengh and that i'm connected but i can't connect to the internet when i go to the program that came with the router and hit quot repair quot it says that i AM connected to the network but that my internet connection is broken what UP with that i don't get it can someone please advise on what to do i tried using connected can't to internet..??? connect but network, to wifi another device to see if i could connect with internet my ipod touch and it also said that i was connected to the wifi network yet it could not connect with the internet it never had a popup that said anything it acted like it was trying to connect but just never did i'm puzzled during the day while i was at work my roommate connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? was going to use the laptop when she couldn't connect she did the unplug for sec thing whent that didn't work she unplugged the two cables from the back of the router and plugged them back in is it possible that she plugged them into the wrong place would that be the problem i am not at home right connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? now so i can't check but will try to fix this when i get home tomorrow not sure what i need to do signed frustrated

A:connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..???

Willing to bet you are using a third party firewall / antivirus application.
Which one is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153584-connected-wifi-network-but-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am facing a strange problem with same Internet 2nd working computer wifi network not with my internet connection on Windows I have a netgear WNR wifi router and two laptops connected to it running Windows on first and Windows on second The connection in Windows laptop shows sufficient signal strength but when I try to access internet it does only shows connecting I have changed browsers wifi router adsl router released and reconnected IP address forgot and re-added wifi network reset wifi router to factory almost everything The strange part is that as soon as the other Windows laptop is disconnected from the network Windows internet start working fine I have tested this many times and there is no doubt in this behavior I dont know whether the problem is in any update installed on Windows the older Dell Wireless wifi card or some virus in the other Windows laptop Can someone please help me Going bonkers here My ipconfig output Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address F -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - -C -B -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n GHz Physical Internet not working with 2nd computer same wifi network Address F -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday July PM Lease Expires Monday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AC- A-FE-F -B -E - - E- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Note that I have assigned preferred IP addresses to both laptops based on MAC Thanks a lot

A:Internet not working with 2nd computer same wifi network

Hi rachit27 and welcome to Eight Forums,
There must be a hotspot utility running on it. You'll have to find it and turn it off. This type of utility lets you share your internet connection with other devices. It basically turns your laptop into a wireless router/repeater. There is likely an Icon for it in the notifications area down next to the clock on the taskbar. I'd look there first.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49991-internet-not-working-2nd-computer-same-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 54.61%

If I am connected via wifi the download speed is 2 meg and it affects all the computers in the house (all are 2 meg)  when I disable the wireless adapter and plug into the router directly with a cable the speed increases to 50+ meg on all computers.

I am using a toshiba laptop S855-S5381

I have performed a full scan using kaspersky internet security and malwarebytes both clean
I have ran windows update and installed all updates
I have reinstalled the wireless nic drivers

still the same result.

aside from buying a new wireless adapter for this laptop (if its even possible)  can you recommend other things to resolve the issue?

It seems like a hardware issue to me however I would think if the hardware was bad it wouldnt work at all which is causing me to think it may be software related.

thank you

A:when on wifi the internet is slow and bogging down whole network

Are there any other wireless networks in your neighborhood on the same channel?  If there are then you will be sharing "airtime" with them.  Which band and channel are you on?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541952/when-on-wifi-the-internet-is-slow-and-bogging-down-whole-network/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys I have bought this asus-x ca-kx d laptop and installed unable but access Connected to internet to network wifi genuine windows in it Am able to connect to the wifi network in our hostel but unable to access internet There is that yellow triangle thing on the signal It keeps saying quot unidentified network no internet access I have tried so many solutions online but of no use Please help me guys Thanks in advance This is my ipconfig all details Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users praneeth gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name praneeth-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Duplicate Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- -DC-E - F- -C - A- Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address E - F- -C - A- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B EC B - A - D C-AA - BBB EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DA C-F D - E -BFC -D C CF F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A - - EEE- - E ED D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet

Hello praneeth3456 . Welcome to the Forums, You say you are at a hostel. Did they give you a password to use to access the internet ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/337089-connected-wifi-network-but-unable-access-internet.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop is inable to connect to internet via its own network card. The WiFi connects but shows no internet while im able to access the internet using a WiFi dongle. I have updated the drivers and even deleted and reinstalled the drivers but still issue didn't get resolved. The laptops own wifi is showing the networks just unable to get the internet and shows an error sign exclamation on the WiFi signal for the laptops wifi card while connects fine using the dongle

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-network-card-is-unable-to-connect-to-internet/td-p/5750730
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone I first and foremost want to thank everyone here trying to help out those of us that are technologically inept My problem is an unstable internet connection while trying to stream or download content from the internet Our network Wireless router linksys e is connected to the Modem Our main wifi on cascaded network Unstable internet connection desktop is wired directly to Wireless router Wireless router Unstable internet connection on cascaded wifi network belkin is wired directly to wireless router My laptop which is having the connection problem is receiving internet connection from cascaded Unstable internet connection on cascaded wifi network wireless router Symptoms I can connect to the internet just fine but when i try to stream content from youtube for example video will load for the first minute very quickly and then will stop buffering and will not continue to buffer how ever long you leave the page up Similarly when I try to download something I will receive a fast download speed initially - kb s but after a minute of downloading the speed will drop to kb s and then stop downloading entirely Quirk When I turn off the desktop that is connected directly to wireless router I have no problems with my internet connection This problem is only apparent when the main desktop is turned on Thanks again everyone for your help I really do appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstable-internet-connection-on-cascaded-wifi-network.1010807/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey so I think I may be infected big time At first I had a redirect virus on my computer and I couldn't get DeviMang Big have infection;no network in internet,still Wifi,nothing connect, rid of it at all I used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA Windows Security Essentials Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool SUPERAntiSpyware and even TDSSKiller nothing was fixed But then it gets worse Now my start bar reverted back to the standard silver boxy look I have no internet connection on my desktop every time I use Firefox Big infection;no internet,still have Wifi,nothing in network connect, DeviMang or Safari I get server not found You are not connected to the Internet and when I try IE it keeps encountering a problem and needs to close Big infection;no internet,still have Wifi,nothing in network connect, DeviMang and it won't stop until I shut it down via task manager I still have Wifi and I can surf the web fine on my laptop iPhone When I Big infection;no internet,still have Wifi,nothing in network connect, DeviMang check network connections there's NOTHING there device manager same thing I tried pulling up help and support it says Help and Support can't open because a system service is not responding Tried a system restore and all of my previous dates were wiped out Completely out of options need some serious crucial help

A:Big infection;no internet,still have Wifi,nothing in network connect, DeviMang

Can you browse in safemode with networking? Farbar's MiniToolBox--------------------Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktopPlease close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Double click the icon to launch the program
Make sure the following options are checked:

Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList DevicesList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and once the scan is completed a Result.txt Notepad document will open on your desktopPlease copy and paste the contents in your reply===================================================Farbar's Service Scanner--------------------Please download Farbar Service Scanner, save it to your desktop, and run it.Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487534/big-infection;no-internetstill-have-wifinothing-in-network-connect-devimang/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys It's my first time My internet but was wifi Vista network to browse connected a can't the to post a topic here but i am not a newbie to BC I am Jerald IT head in a hardware company I want to share my problem to all you readers I have a desktop computer that has a internet connection or let's say it is my server I am using D-Link Ethernet Broadband Router which has an IP Address This router is not a wireless router I bought a wireless router named Linkysys I configured it using Automatic Configuration -DHCP with a router name WRT G i used the D-link router ip address as it's gateway I My Vista was connected to a wifi network but can't browse the internet disabled the DHCP server in other words i am using a router a non-wireless connected directly to My Vista was connected to a wifi network but can't browse the internet my desktop computer and a wireless router connected to that D-LINK broadband router I tested the connection using Windows XP laptop and by then it works I can connect to my wireless network and browse the internet On the properties of my loptop wireless network i configured it as quot obatain IP address automatically and quot Used the Following DNS Server' i used Preferred DNS and Alternate DNS I click on the quot ADVANCED quot button and add a gateway using my D-LInk router IP address Suddenly one of our customers want to connect in our wirless network He is carrying a Windows Vista laptop I connect it to linksys wireless network but i can't connect to internet obviously it has an X on its connection to the internet But if i look on it's wireless connection it says IT WAS CONNECTED and it displays EXCELLENT on it's status I wonder why i can't connect and browse the internet Please help me how to configure it no problem with windows xp it's on vista alone Thank Jerald

A:My Vista was connected to a wifi network but can't browse the internet

I had simmilar wierdness with my new linksys wireless router until I ran their included setup wizard. after that everything was fine.
aparently it flips some internal switch allowing the thing to work properly.

Have you tried that?

Also - the laptop connected to the wireless router. can he get to local company sites and/or PCs? ... if not, try rebooting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-vista-was-connected-to-a-wifi-network-but-cant-browse-the-internet-322525.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to connect to the WiFi network provided by my hotel relocating for work will be using this connection for weeks I have a Belkin G Wireless USB adapter attached to my XP machine and it recognizes acquires USB no content/connection but connects WiFi to Network, internet adapter address and reports an quot excellent quot connection to the WiFi Network No further data is received from the network despite this connection The Belkin adapter interface warning message states quot There is no connection to the internet USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection quot despite being connected to the network I know the network is operational I can download content onto my iPhone I use IPCONFIG and attempt to ping my default gateway but get quot request timed out quot In addition the device manager has no problem with USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection the wireless adapter quot working properly quot with no warning flags So basically I ve narrowed it down to some setting on my computer since the network is working via iPhone and the adapter is working connected excellent strength no problem in device manager Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-adapter-connects-to-wifi-network-but-no-internet-content-connection.713967/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi pardon me if there's a relative post about my post but i want to point out my problem.

i have an existing wifi capable router CDR King LP-8186 originally we use this to network 3 computers (1 Laptop and 2 Desktop) we use wired network and we have no problem until i purchased the Wireless Broadband (USB Dongle) in which i am using to connect to the internet.

The Wireless Broadband is having a DNS error if i am wired to LP-8186 and i can't browse the internet but if i unplug the wire it can connect.

Can anyone please help me to solve this problem. I Just want to use the Wireless Broadband (USB Dongle) to have an internet connection while am also wired to CDR King LP-8186 router (without buying new router that can accomodate both)

Laptop - Win7 OS wifi capable
2 Desktop - Win XP SP3 no wifi just LAN Card

Thank you in advance.

Leinan

Relevancy 52.89%

Hey,
I just got an acer laptop computer from India. It was connecting fine there on a dail up network however I am having trouble connecting to the wireless network in London. The network status shows connected with a strong signal however I get check network connections message when I try to use the internet. Can you please help?
Thanks

MadJo

A:Solved: Laptop shows connected to wifi network but I cannot access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-shows-connected-to-wifi-network-but-i-cannot-access-the-internet.920386/
Relevancy 52.46%

My wifi suddenly stopped working and the WiFi disappeared icon no longer appears on the Taskbar I ve run RegCure CCleaner Malwarebytes and ComboFix but the problem remains Below is the HijackThis log PC System details Laptop Dell Inspiron Intel WiFi disappeared T GHz RAM GBOS Windows XP Pro SP Internet connection DSLFirewall and security software Zonealarm AviraLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files WiFi disappeared Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings Mirek Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO IEPluginBHO - F CC F - F E- -B B - A FD E D - C Documents and Settings Mirek Application Data Gadu-Gadu userdata ggbho dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot minO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlcl... Read more

A:WiFi disappeared

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logCasey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312354/wifi-disappeared/
Relevancy 52.46%

I thought I was computer savvy and told a friend at work that has an issue with her internet that I could fix it I am having more trouble than I thought She told me it was a Windows and it is a Dell Windows XP disappeared!!! has WIFI Professional service pack I am not very familiar with them She told me that she had uninstalled some programs she felt were slowing her computer down and now her wireless is WIFI has disappeared!!! not working the light is not on the switch is on but when I go into network adapters all there is is a Net Adapter and a Broadcom NetXtreme and it acts like it needs a cable plugged in to get online when she has WIFI has disappeared!!! never had to use a cable before I can not find anywhere where there is wireless settings or anything Someone please help this lady is super nice and I would hate to let her down I have the computer here with me now and if anyone could help I would appreciate is so much nbsp

A:WIFI has disappeared!!!

lets see the device manager screen shot - and if the wireless adapter is just showing a Other? or someother name

also as its a Dell - would you post the TAG Number back here - should be on a label on the PC

also please download and run xirrus , and post a a screen shot of xirrus please

see below
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.
If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

For Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
​For Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW key and the X key together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm
​Once you are in device manager then navigate to:

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices that are listed under network adapters
are there any yellow ! ? or a X​
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
For Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
​For windows Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/
​For Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-has-disappeared.1118317/
Relevancy 52.46%

HI ALL I HAD THIS PROBLEM TRIED ALL THE RECOMMENDATIONS THAT CAME UP AFTER GOOGLING THIS PROBLEM BUT WORKED NONE FOR ME AFTER TWO WEEKS HEADACHE I FOUND A VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION AND NOW MY INTERNET WORKS ABSOLUTELY FINE WHAT internet UNIDENTIFIED SOLUTION SIMPLE only wifi) / PROBLEM, (local VISTA NETWORK no I DID WAS A SIMPLE SOLUTION BUT TO DO THIS YOU NEED TO CONNECT YOUR PROBLEM COMPUTER TO INTERNET SOMEHOW MAY BE USING CABLE NET VISTA UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK (local only / no internet wifi) PROBLEM, SIMPLE SOLUTION OR USING YOUR MOBILE PHONE A MODEM THEN SIMPLY UPDATE FOLLOWING DRIVER AND ALL PROBLEM DIES ----- gt open gt gt NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER ------ gt then from the left hand pane open gt gt MANAGE NETWORK CONNECTIONS ------- gt then right click on WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION and select PROPERTIES -------- gt in the new window that has opened under the Networking tab click CONFIGURE --------- gt in the new window you have DRIVER tab in the middle click it then on this page click UPDATE DRIVER ---------- gt then select SEARCH AUTOMATICALLY FOR UPDATED DRIVER SOFTWARE as i told you at start that you have to connect your computer to internet somehow to do that you will see windows will find updated driver and install it after this installation UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK problem disappears and WiFi starts working fine Hope this helps and saves others from going through the pain that I had to for last two weeks Good Luck Khurram Bhatti UK nbsp

A:VISTA UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK (local only / no internet wifi) PROBLEM, SIMPLE SOLUTION

Almost always it's best to get the latest driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site for an integrated adapter, otherwise from the adapter manufacturer's web site. But sometimes, as you say, you get lucky and whatever Windows finds works.

You can mark this solved using the button at the upper left of the page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-unidentified-network-local-only-no-internet-wifi-problem-simple-solution.1008474/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone.

I have a 1.5 year old, fairly reliable Dell PC on W7.

All of a sudden, the symbol in the taskbar with the five "Reception bars", which, when hovered over shows available networks, has vanished. It has been replaced by a sort of white box with a little red symbol in.

I have tried all the troubleshooting and help suggestions, but to no avail!!

Stranger, my laptop, ipad, WiFi printer etc etc all still have five full bars of signal with no problem, on the same network!

Someone, please explain to me what has happened as I use this PC for work. It insists there is no internet access. This happened out of the blue, without me doing anything!!!

Any help would be sooo appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Why has my WiFi logo in Taskbar disappeared??

Hello Marco and welcome to Seven Forums.

First thing I'd do is make sure the wifi icon setting didn't change. You probably want to have it set for "Show icon and notifications." Click on the small up arrow in the right corner of the taskbar. Then click on Customize.

Look for the wifi icon and if necessary change the setting back to "Show icon and notification" from the drop down menu.

If you're still having issues you might want to rebuild your icon cache.

Icon Cache - Rebuild

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/369485-why-has-my-wifi-logo-taskbar-disappeared.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello friends I have an Acer I have had for a few years since new with W - running on it from the start I installed it when I got the laptop Everything was fine then the other day in mid-afternoon after being online all day I suddenly lost wifi Even the wifi Disappeared Mgr From Internal WiFi Device on off button on the Acer when pressed did not flash orange like it usually Internal WiFi Disappeared From Device Mgr does to let me know it has just toggled Checking Device Mgr the Wifi card is totally missing Not present with an exclamation mark I used View - gt Hidden devices and it's not there either It is the stock EM card Turned off computer removed AC plug and battery pack and pressed power button for approx seconds Internal WiFi Disappeared From Device Mgr - didn't help Opened laptop and removed then re-seated wifi card careful to reattach antennas No change Ordered a used-but-tested wifi of same exact type from eBay from a trusted seller and I have the same exact results Doesn't show up in Device Mgr and wifi on off button still dead EDIT Knew it wasn't a driver problem but tried reinstalling the driver anyway but it said the device isn't present and to install it then press OK I pressed OK and it went ahead and installed the driver but of course that made no difference Does this sound like a mb problem Or any other ideas Thanks much

A:Internal WiFi Disappeared From Device Mgr

Hello,

Have you checked the Bios setting if the Wi-Fi controller is enabled?

USB Wi-Fi adapters are also doable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297137-internal-wifi-disappeared-device-mgr.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My wifi options were running correctly before i updated my laptop. After the update my wifi options completly got disapeared. I was able to get internet access through the lan port but thewifi options were all gone. I installed the latest WLAN driver available on the official lenovo site but still didn't get the options back....plss urgent help required...thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Wifi-options-disappeared-in-my-G505s-windows-10/td-p/3400711
Relevancy 50.74%

My wifi options were running correctly before i updated my laptop. After the update my wifi options completly got disapeared. I was able to get internet access through the lan port but thewifi options were all gone. I installed the latest WLAN driver available on the official lenovo site but still didn't get the options back....plss urgent help required...thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Wifi-options-disappeared-in-my-G505s-windows-10/td-p/3400711
Relevancy 50.74%

The WiFi I usually use has disappeared from the list of WiFis my laptop (Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion) detects. It's still visible to my Android tablets; they're both connected to it and it's from one of them I'm posting now. I've tried restarting the laptop, of course, with no effect. The router still seems to be working normally, and my laptop is less than 3m away from it. Perplexingly, this is the only WiFi that has disappeared from my laptop's usual list of WiFis nearby. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

I have a screenshot of the results of ipconfig/all, but can't see how to add an image to this post.

A:Single Wifi disappeared from Windows 8.1 laptop

It helps to know the mfg & model of the Gateway/router if this is your own network.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55079-single-wifi-disappeared-windows-8-1-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Sony Vaio Pro 8.1 Wifi/Bluetooth upgrade after drivers disappeared SVP M EB and upgraded from Windows to Windows when I bought the laptop about months ago I had no problems with it until a month ago after an automatic upgrade of my Bluetooth adaptor disabled itself automatically and then uninstalled itself I reinstalled a Bluetooth adaptor and had no problem for a week Wifi/Bluetooth drivers disappeared after 8.1 upgrade or so Then the wifi connection would come and go and I would have to troubleshoot every mins to get it working again I thought it was due to our internet because it s satellite and very slow Then both the Bluetooth and the wifi adaptors disappeared I have reinstalled Intel Proset Wireless but my computer won t recognise it even though it appears in Control Panel and now they don t even appear as Hidden Items on the Device Manager I have uninstalled and reinstalled both adaptors both through the Sony support site and directly through Intel numerous times and still nothing I tried to go back to Windows using the reset refresh through the Assist button but I am told the drive where Windows is installed is locked I don t know if it s a hardware problem or a software problem I have searched and searched everywhere online and done what has been suggested but still nothing Advice please - thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/64249-wifi-bluetooth-drivers-disappeared-after-8-1-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've updated my B575 on windows 10, and some time all was great. But than wifi and bluetooth adapters are disappeared.Please help me ASAP. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B575-Bluetooth-WIFI-adapter-disappeared-after-Windows-10-update/td-p/3388148
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone I hope someone disappeared USB have Realtek since Wifi Wireless Connections installing Booster can help me I am running an ASUS laptop with Windows My wireless has been working fine but my room is quite far from the router so I bought a signal-booster USB aerial made by Realtek REALTEK n USB Wireless LAN Driver and Utility It came with a small software CD too which I installed and it worked fine for two days and boosted my wireless signal However you knew it was coming the story can t stay happy soon the red light on the USB booster stopped blinking and it Wireless Connections have disappeared since installing Realtek USB Wifi Booster showed the red x where my wifi connections are I couldn t get it to re-establish a connection without doing a full system restore and re-installing the USB signal booster which would then work again for a short amount of time maybe a day maybe an hour And worse now when the USB booster is unplugged from the computer my laptop will not return to recognising wireless connections like it did before I installed the USB signal booster It simply does not find any connections - the only time it does is directly after I have re-installed the software from the small disc which came with the Realtek USB signal booster I have now uninstalled the Software and anything made by Realtek but still it is Wireless Connections have disappeared since installing Realtek USB Wifi Booster finding no connections Now I would just like to find a way to get back to where I started when my computer was finding all wireless connections like normal a connection with a weak signal is better than this nightmare of constantly restoring my computer just to get a brief connection Please help if you can i ll be very grateful Thanks for reading Cheers Matt nbsp

A:Wireless Connections have disappeared since installing Realtek USB Wifi Booster

p.s. I'm a freelance graphic designer using my computer for work and hence don't have IT support to help out! Plus no money for a techperson

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connections-have-disappeared-since-installing-realtek-usb-wifi-booster.1087661/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have two devices connected to my home wireless network, my phone and my laptop. Recently my network has disappeared from the laptop's list of networks. This did not happen with my phone, which works fine. By disappeared I mean my home network cannot be discovered by my laptop. This is not a connection issue because I cannot find the network to connect to. I do not have this problem with any other wireless network. I followed the various command prompts suggested by Microsoft's troubleshooting guide (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...nection-issues). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44417-home-network-has-disappeared-network-list.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 47.3%

I am currently stationed in Germany, and live in a village that has horrible internet. I cannot stream netflix, hulu, and downloads take several hours.

Is there a way to combine the internet that my cell phone receives and the wifi router I have at home to increase speed?

I have the ability to create a wifi hotspot from my cell phone if this helps.

Just something I thought up in my head, and wanted to find out if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

A:Combining Wifi Hotspot and Router Wifi for faster internet

You can, try this http://www.octopusplus.com/download.jsp or http://www.connectify.me/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combining-wifi-hotspot-and-router-wifi-for-faster-internet.1099511/
Relevancy 46.87%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best outcome.@ECHO THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK DIFFICULTIES.@ECHO...................................@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER LEVEL.@ECHO A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED BELOW.@ECHO....................................:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]...................................@ECHO.@ECHO 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 46.87%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone i will try and give as much info as I can but I am really tired and fed up with this We have laptops on a network which comes from our Netgear modem attached to our wireless broadband modem My mum was on her laptop and her internet wouldn t Network Disappeared? Solved: work so i Solved: Network Disappeared? tried to Solved: Network Disappeared? see what was going on and it said something about the encryption key So I went to look at the key on my computer and suddenly my internet stops working I do the same thing on my sisters and it stops working aswell we have identical laptops I was trying different things not changing anything though and then pulled the power out of our Netgear modem waited seconds and plugged it back in Now when I go to the available networks our network for argument sake its called Ournetwork has disappeared But what is weird is a new network named NETGEAR has appeared and it allows me to connect to the internet but it is unsecured However i go to the Network and Sharing centre click on quot Manage Wireless Networks quot and quot Ournetwork quot is listed at the top If anyone knows why I can t connect to quot Ournetwork quot it would be a blessing I have spent over hours and go nowhere If you need any additional info I will try and find it for you Laptops are running Windows and one is running Vista Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

My Network is gone from my list of available networks on my MacBook. I use s NETGEAR router, my network name is simply "NETGEAR" i have never named it anything else since installing this over 4 years ago. I have unplugged the power cord, waiting several minutes before plugging it back in. Also tried unplugging both the cable and the power cord. The router has no small "pin hole" that i can see in order for me to try to re-set it this way. It has literally disappeared from my Mac and i have no idea how to get it back. Do i need to re-install using my NETGEAR cd?
Please help! thanks so much

A:Network completely disappeared!! HELP, please!! :(

please do not duplicate post
continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1092276-issue-router-no-network-found.html
closing this post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-completely-disappeared-help-please.1092275/
Relevancy 46.44%

Issue in points

1- 3 days ago my network adapter just disappeared with no good reason
2- Installed a new OS "32" and issue remains the same
3- Installed a new NIC with no changes
4- tried to reset the network adapters through CMD and no hope :@

any clue cause my last taken action should be "breaking my PC into pieces"

Thanks in advance and your help is really appreciated.

A:network adapter disappeared

I would examine your power settings. My first guess would be that it's going away when you either plug your machine into power, or unplug it from power as a power saving feature.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156811-network-adapter-disappeared.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an acer aspire 5552 laptop that wont connect to the internet.

When I tried troubleshooting I get the message "network cable not properly plugged in or may be broken".

When I go through the control panel/system devices/network adapter the only thing that shows is pdanet.

Right now the only way I can connect is through my cell phone using pdanet.

How can I get my network adapters to show back up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Network adapters disappeared!

you may want to take a photo to attach here
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if this does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb
In the Start Search box type
device manager and then press enter

-------------------

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-disappeared.1064629/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I joined this forum a few hours ago as I need help with something my pc has been having a long time now My network adapters of my pc disappeared at the very moment and I really don't know what the cause is I've let it check by a system admin and even he doesn't know what is causing it So this is what makes me think of that the problem might be with the OS rather then something with the hardware I can't find the network adapters in device manager either and before you tell me it's the NIC well it does the same with other NICs and I tried the Network disappeared adapters NIC in another pc and it works fine with it I was also thinking that it might be having a conflict with the graphics Network adapters disappeared card If you guys have any tips for me then give Network adapters disappeared it a shot I will try anything just to get rid of this problem I thank you for taking time to help me

A:Network adapters disappeared

It is possible it is conflicting with the graphics card. If you can (if you have onboard video), remove the graphics card and see if the NIC returns.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137783-network-adapters-disappeared.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My Network is gone from my list of available networks on my MacBook. I use s NETGEAR router, my network name is simply "NETGEAR" i have never named it anything else since installing this over 4 years ago. I have unplugged the power cord, waiting several minutes before plugging it back in. Also tried unplugging both the cable and the power cord. The router has no small "pin hole" that i can see in order for me to try to re-set it this way. It has literally disappeared from my Mac and i have no idea how to get it back. Do i need to re-install using my NETGEAR cd?
Please help! thanks so much

A:Network completely disappeared!! HELP

Do i need to re-install using my NETGEAR cd?

Yes. As a first option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-completely-disappeared-help.1092273/
Relevancy 46.44%

Its actually my fault it didnt disappear by itself. For whatever stupid reason in the Network Connections window on my HP laptop i decided to bridge my wired and wireless connections. Both were working fine at that time. Well i highlighted both and clicked bridge. Both stopped working. After quite a few futile efforts to un-bridge them I figured I'll delete them in Control Panel and they will just come back when I reboot. They did but only in the Control Panel. In Network Connections window only the ethernet connection came back the wireless didnt even though device manager says all is working fine.

I tried reinstalling the drivers. Several different ones and still the wireless connection is missing in the Network Connections window. The wireless adapter is Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn. Suggestions pleaseeeee!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/wireless-network-disappeared-1154481.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Win x - little backstory to explain how i got here This was disappeared adapters network all have my a vista machine that i upgraded all my network adapters have disappeared to win Everything worked after the upgrade except for hamachi version I did a reinstall all my network adapters have disappeared of that and it fixed it except i had hamachi network interfaces listed in device all my network adapters have disappeared manager one of which was showing up as broken yellow exclamation mark Since everything was working i left it alone Fast forward to today - i tried to upgrade hamachi to hamachi Seemed to work ok but i couldn't connect to any peers Looking into it it said the hamachi adapter was faulty and looking at my network connections there was no hamachi adapter listed I opened device manager and there was just one hamachi nic listed and it was the broken one I selected uninstall - checked the box to remove the driver and it uninstalled I then manually installed another instance of the hamachi network adapter Hamachi still cant connect to peers - same error msg about the network adapter Only now ALL of my network adapters are missing in the network connections folder And the network status icon in the status tray is showing a red X as though it's not connected even though this PC is online i'm connecting to it through RDP I've already tried rebooting - no effect So any ideas where all my network connections adapters went and how to get this all sorted Edit One more piece of info - if i right click on the network icon in the status tray and select troubleshoot having another problem specific adapter - on that screen it then lists network adapters Tried letting it diagnose all of them but no effect And if i open the network connections folder and go to help advanced options i get an 'unexpected error'

A:all my network adapters have disappeared

So as a test i re-enabled the onboard NIC from the mobo. After re-enabling it, device manager indicated it was working. I then tried uninstalling it completely, including checking the option to uninstall drivers.

I downloaded the latest drivers and tried reinstalling the NIC after a reboot - now windows is saying it's not working.

So i'm really hesitant to uninstall the other NIC since i'm worried it too will also show up as not working and then i'll be screwed.

Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/76823-all-my-network-adapters-have-disappeared.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've got an XP Sp2 virtual machine (Virtual PC 2004) that was networked and working fine. How when I start it up I can't access anything on the network so I did an ipconfig in a cmd which showed

Windows IP Configuration

that's it! No interfaces, no settings at all. Same in Network Connections, there are no interfaces!

So I went to device manager and saw the network adapter which shows "Intel 21140-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (Generic)". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but there is still no network device showing in either Network Connections or ipconfig.

I have rebooted but it still hasn't appeared.

Any ideas?

A:My Network Interface has disappeared!

Have you tried reinstalling the actual driver?
http://list.driverguide.com/list/company1002/index.html
*you will have to join (free)

There is information on the Intel site for upgrading the 2140 to 2143.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-network-interface-has-disappeared.548443/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi - I have a Dell Lattitude D820 laptop on a home wireless network. My only other computer is connected directly to the Comcast cable for internet. Suddenly I lost internet on the laptop today. I can get on via an unsecured network in the available networks list but my network doesn't show up on that list. I can see all of the neighbors networks as well as the Linksys unsecured network that I'm online with now. I have a Linksys router. I've unplugged it to reset it but no luck. I think this is a router problem so any idea what happened to my home network and how do I get it to show up in the list of available networks? I've shut the computer down and restarted several times. As mentioned, I'm online now so I don't think it's anything to do with the drivers, etc. on the laptop. Thanks!

Relevancy 46.01%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I can not get any internet running through my laptop, I have checked the hosts file, checked proxys, auto obtain ip address, and nothing is working... This is only a new problem, and have used both ways connecting to the Internet within the last week.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 45.58%

This morning could see my Windows Network [SOLVED] disappeared computers machine and on MSHOME my machine and another XP machine on the network Downloaded updates and then couldn't see the other machines nor mine Tried restoring machine back days MSoft Fixit posted Sept this year Can ping the machines Can see my mac iBook Checked this site for similar problems so ran these commands Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings ak gt C Documents and Settings ak gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- [SOLVED] Network computers disappeared GFHANDEL lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt gt GROUP Registered GFHANDEL lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt E gt GROUP Registered C Documents and Settings ak gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name gfhandel Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search [SOLVED] Network computers disappeared List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS [SOLVED] Network computers disappeared Suffix Belkin Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address Deleted for this post Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained December Lease Expires January C Documents and Settings ak gt Any idea

A:[SOLVED] Network computers disappeared

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Gifford

This morning could see my Windows 7 machine and on MSHOME my machine and another XP machine on the network.

Downloaded updates and then couldn't see the other machines nor mine.
Tried restoring machine back 5 days
MSoft Fixit posted Sept this year
Can ping the machines
Can see my mac iBook
Checked this site for similar problems so ran these commands

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\ak>
C:\Documents and Settings\ak>NBTSTAT -n

Local Area Connection:
Node IpAddress: [192.168.2.4] Scope Id: []

NetBIOS Local Name Table

Name Type Status
---------------------------------------------
GFHANDEL <00> UNIQUE Registered
MSHOME <00> GROUP Registered
GFHANDEL <20> UNIQUE Registered
MSHOME <1E> GROUP Registered

C:\Documents and Settings\ak>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : gfhandel
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Belkin

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI
Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : Deleted for this post
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 15 December 2011 15:22:18
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 19 January 2038 03:14:07

C:\Documents and Settings\ak>

Any idea?

RESET ROUTER AND NOW IT WORKS :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-network-computers-disappeared-618386.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Help Computers near Me has disappeared from network place and so having trouble networking my computer to share files plus help in doing this if poss

Paul

A:Computers near Me has disappeared from network place

on the computer that has disappeared. click the start menu, then select run, then type "ipconfig" and press enter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-near-me-has-disappeared-from-network-place.511188/
Relevancy 45.58%

on my other computer, when I navigate to control panel, network connections, there is only a blank window..the icon has disappeared. When I go into device manager it says my network card is there and working fine, there is no yellow exclamation mark...I can open command and release/renew and get response...I can ping google and it responds, but IE wont work. Any suggestions? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network card and it's drivers...nothing.

A:network connection icon disappeared!

Open a Command Prompt and type each of the following lines and depress Enter:

regsvr32 netshell.dll
regsvr32 netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 netman.dll

Then reboot. If that does not fix the problem, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825826&Product=winxp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-icon-disappeared.529015/
Relevancy 45.58%

It has been a long night already and I am not just stupid. Network adapter is this disappeared. Okay, sure what is relevant and what is not so I am just going to outline what I was trying to do and what I did before I lost connectivity I have a custom-built PC with Vista Okay, this is just stupid. Network adapter disappeared. Ultimate installed and running as well as one might expect a Windows OS to run Okay, this is just stupid. Network adapter disappeared. I put this system together a couple years ago so I Okay, this is just stupid. Network adapter disappeared. would be inclined to suspect age or HW malfunction before configuration or incompatibility That said I want to try out Ubuntu Server dual-boot with my current Vista installation so I downloaded the iso and tried burning a cd After about CDRs going into the trash I decided to try a USB stick I only have one USB thumb drive but I was using it for my bitlocker key I copied my key to a backup location disabled bitlocker temporarily used unetbootin to create a bootable install drive from my thumb drive rebooted to the thumb drive successfully was able to detect the network adapter and successfully download some packages from the repository I then realized that unetbootin does not copy the whole source to the thumb drive so instead of redownloading it again I decided to abort the installation and log back into Vista to put the iso where the installer could find it on a USB HDD I know what you are thinking For some reason I could not get my USB HDD to boot directly Yes I did try that before robbing my encryption key lol Back in Vista I moved the plugin for my USB mouse from a front port to a rear port so I could plug my USB HDD into the front port The rear port is adjacent to my Ethernet port So all seemed well thus far I rebooted to the thumb drive again but this time the installer could not detect the Ethernet adapter I rebooted to Vista and the Ethernet adapter is gone I thought maybe bitlocker had something to do with it so I enabled it again after replacing my encryption key of course and rebooted but this did not fix it This is when I looked in Device manager hoping to find an x or but there are no network adapters listed I checked in my BIOS just in case I might have accidentally disabled it there but my BIOS has no settings for onboard LAN So here I am nearly hours after my bed time tapping this all out from my iPhone I suspect that either hot-swapping my mouse or the hardware detection could have fried my onboard LAN I am hoping someone might have another software-related suggestion sigh Thanks for looking nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/okay-this-is-just-stupid-network-adapter-disappeared.890973/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was online looking at settings for my 2wire router when I accidentally disabled what I think was called a wns or something. My computer disconnected from the Internet and I looked at the available connections and my network wasn't there. I reset my router to see if that worked but it still wasn't there. I tried to enable it but I couldnt connect to Internet. Did I delete it?can anyone help me.

A:Solved: My wireless network disappeared

thanks for the answer but i fixed it another way. I thought i reset it but i only pressed the button once. From there i went to connection on computer and enabled it. Man for two hours i was panicking i won't mess with any of that stuff anymore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-wireless-network-disappeared.1044991/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I was running Vista before.

I've installed Win7 on a formatted drive and my internet connection is gone.

The Network adaptor along with -

PCI Simple Comm Cont
Sm Bus Cont
Univ Serial Bus (USB) Cont

Have all yellow warning symbols.

I cant run a utility as they seem to need a network connection.

I've searched for a LAn driver for my Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3 motherboard.

I've tried unpluggin it from the mains overnight.

I've tried changing the power saving settings.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

A:My network adaptor has disappeared after Win 7 32 bit install

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .... Install the Chipset Driver from the Link below ...

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-H67N-USB3-B3 (rev. 1.0)
The Lan Driver is in that Link also ... I take it the problem is the Lan connection does not show in the Device Manager ?
Have you checked in the BIOS to see if it is Enabled ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343028-my-network-adaptor-has-disappeared-after-win-7-32-bit-install.html
Relevancy 45.58%

When I woke up my laptop this morning It is normally powered on most of the time XP Network disappeared printers on professional I discovered that none of my network printers were available They have disappeared from quot Printers and Faxes quot and the only Network printers disappeared on XP professional remaining entries are quot Microsoft One Note quot and quot Microsoft XPS Document writer quot which I have never seen before Here are the details on the machine Lenovo T P Ghz dual core with G of ram and G HD OS is WIndows XP Pro version service pack Printers are both HP models c n-s and A that are in use by Network printers disappeared on XP professional others on the network No one else reports any problems printing No hardware changes have been made to my machine no network changes have occurred same old router etc and no new software other than routine updates as found by update manager All other network functions appear to work fine Here is what I have tried Control panel shows that the drivers for both printers are installed I tried quot add a printer quot from control panel It does not report any network attached printers Tried to ping ip address of both printers both pings worked fine Tried to access the printers via Firefox using their ip addresses Can get to both printers and make them print out a test pattern from their web menu Downloaded driver from HP for one of the printers Installation proceeded normally and the install program found the printer with the correct ip address but final configuration fails to complete reporting the printer is not connected Have tried this several times with same result each time I also tried to restore to a checkpoint - all of the checkpoints fail with quot incomplete quot message Tried to look at event logs but the system log was corrupt Tried Lenovo quot rejuvenate quot utility which completes but makes no changes to anything At this point it seems I can neither restore from a checkpoint nor re-install the printers Does anyone out there have any thoughts on what I could try next

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402863/network-printers-disappeared-on-xp-professional/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was using my computer, when suddenly my Internet connection dropped. I tried reconnecting it, but it didn't work. The network icon on the taskbar disappeared. I went to Network Connections, and my connection wasn't there. I couldn't get the connection back. I've scanned my computer for viruses, but nothing came up. Please help!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hey People,

I hope someone can help.

I am using a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 Laptop running Windows XP.

I restarted the laptop, and was prompted to either start Windows normally or start uing last know best configuration-I chose to start with last known best configuration.

Now when I go to Network Connections, there is no Wireless Network Connection Icon. However, when I go to Device Manager, the card is present under Network Adapters(Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card), and it states it is working properly.

How do I get the icon back into Network Connections, so I can use my wireless again? Please help.

Stormie911

A:Wireless Network Connection Disappeared

Hiya Stormie911.

In Device Manager, right-click and uninstall the wireless card and then `Scan for hardware changes` so the system finds it. You may have to run the drivers again but that should renew the hardware installation.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-disappeared.921751/
Relevancy 45.58%

i have windows XP btw

yesterday i was on my pc and it was all laggy in the morning.. so i restarted the router and stuff and the connection would get fast for about 10 minutes or so.. well around mid-afternoon my network just went off. now when i go to available wireless networks my secure network is not shown. i have restarted my router, reset it everything, right now im on the linskys unsecured network. i have had this problem b4 but a simple reset was all that was needed to get my network back.. i dont get where it could of gone.. please help!! its so frustrating

Relevancy 45.58%

First of all I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to computers So please bare with me I have a laptop HP HDX - OUS Premium Notebook PC I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium Version I connect to the internet through the wireless adapter that's built into my laptop I've never had any problems with it until tonight I was on the internet when all the sudden my connection went down At first I thought it was my adapter network My disappeared. wireless internet service But all the other computers in the house are My wireless network adapter disappeared. connecting to the internet just fine So I try to re-connect to the internet on my My wireless network adapter disappeared. laptop and I get this This computer does not have My wireless network adapter disappeared. a wireless network adapter installed and configured I just don't get it How can my wireless network adapter just suddenly disappear One more thing Last night I did turn my laptop over so I could blow dust out of the fan But my internet worked just fine after that I'm thinking maybe I jiggled something loose And it took until tonight for the damage to show up I'm so confused right now

A:My wireless network adapter disappeared.

Welcome to the Forums.

If you right click on Computer
then click Device Manager
look for Network Adapters

one should say Wireless,
right click on it and click Properties
then click the Driver tab

If it somehow got disabled one of the buttons should say
Enable.

If you don't see that the quick fix may be to use a Restore Point if you
have a recent one. Just before the problem is usually the best so you do
not lose a lot of settings recently changed.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303989-my-wireless-network-adapter-disappeared.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I haven't use my laptop in about 8 months. I just logged in and it says 'you arenot connected to any networks'. The network icon is also missing from thetaskbar. There's a blank space where it used to be. I cant perform any updateseither. How to fix?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/network-icon-disappeared-from-taskbar/td-p/5792572
Relevancy 45.58%

My aunt's computer can't connect to any wireless network any more. She has a Dell Inspiron E1505 running Windows XP.

From the "Network Connections" window, the only things visible are "Incoming Connections" (not connected), "1394 Connection" (which I understand has to do with FireWire), and the Local Area Connection, which is working fine right now. Additionally, when I go to the Device Manager and look at Network Adapters only the 1394 Net Adapter and Broadcom Integrated Controller are visible.

She doesn't have a drivers CD, so I tried going to Dell's website. It listed all kinds of drivers for the laptop, but nothing that looked like it had anything to do with the wireless card.

She's been able to connect using the same laptop before; it just stopped working on Friday. She can't remember changing any settings.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

A:Wireless Network connection disappeared

Configure your modem to enable wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-disappeared.624917/
Relevancy 45.58%

I apologize ahead if I seem like a total NOOB I am Ok so I had an electrical storm here recently amp when I got up the next morning my router was blown and my HP desktop is telling me that Windows did not detect a properly installed after storm adapter disappeared Network network adapter If you have a network adapter Network adapter disappeared after storm you will need to re-install the driver quot So first thing was that I went out and got a new router and that is great as Network adapter disappeared after storm my laptop is online now But what do I need to do to replace the network adapter if that is even possible I guess I am not sure I understand what the network adapter is I know it is something that is supposed to allow my computer to connect with the router modem but I don t understand if it is hardware or software Network adapter disappeared after storm There were some other Cox issues after the storm and the tech who was at my house told me to download the network driver and save it to my thumbdrive and install it on my PC So I went to HP s site and downloaded the Original Realtek Networking Controller Driver but when I tried to install it on the PC the message that came up was quot Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update quot I have no idea if that was the right thing to do or where I am supposed to turn At this point the more I research this issue the more confused I get Any help is awesome Thanks Bre nbsp

A:Network adapter disappeared after storm

Go to device manager and tell me what is listed under network adapters

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapter-disappeared-after-storm.186193/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just went on my laptop HP G and I can t connect to the internet I tried flicking the wireless switch Adapter Wireless disappeared?! Network on and off and nothing happens I tried to open up HP Wireless Assistant and it wouldn t open When I try and diagnose the problem I get faced with quot This Computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured quot quot Install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct drivers Wireless Network Adapter disappeared?! are loaded quot This is complete rubbish I have been on the internet wirelessly for the last Wireless Network Adapter disappeared?! year or so without any problems So how can I suddenly not have a wireless network adapter I went on Device Manager and clicked on my Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller and according to that all the drivers are working properly and there are no more installs that can applied ie its up to date The only thing I can think of is a Windows update that I did fairly recently even so it shouldn t have just made the whole wireless disappear Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Could you also try to explain things as simply as possible thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys n girls

My brother has a laptop - wireless network card just stopped . I am going to:

1. Uninstall network card and reboot to see if the system picks it back up.
2. Update the drivers.
3. Check for Malware.

If they don't work then I'll do a restore point.

If all the above doesn't work what would you suggest before getting a new network card - presuming it can be replaced and not an on board type ?? System recovery ??

Cheers

Woodnome

A:Wireless Network Card Disappeared

If the system restore doesn't fix the problem, it's probably because the wireless has gone bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188675-wireless-network-card-disappeared.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Good morning folks I have an Advent Centurion CPQ running Windows bit I think Up until this morning everything was hunky dorey This morning when I turned my pc on there was no internet connection Although it s wireless compatible I use an ethernet cable to connect to my modem although the wireless isn t working either Thinking it may have been my ethernet cable or my modem I plugged my ethernet cable into my housemates laptop which connected to the internet absolutely fine Plugging or unplugging my ethernet cable seems to get no response from my pc at all I opened my Network Connection Centre I think that s what it s called Network Solved: Connections Disappeared from my taskbar and tried to use the diagnosis tool After running the diagnosis Solved: Network Connections Disappeared tool it told me it couldn t diagnose the problem I opened my Drivers area to see if I could see an issue with my network adaptors In my Network Adaptors section there was no mention at all of any ethernet driver I m not sure if there should be one There was however different RALink RT Turbo Wireless LAN entries RALink RT Turbo Wireless RALink RT Turbo Wireless etc up to all of which apart from the first entry has an error symbol next to it with the comment quot There are not enough resources for this driver quot or something along those lines I tried rolling back the one Wireless LAN driver that didn t have an error symbol but to no avail I ve scanned with AVG and Spybot but both came up clean I had as much of a gander online as I could using my phone but I ve not had much luck finding a reason or a solution I don t know whether it s related but the evening before my speakers stopped working randomly and wouldn t be recognised in the Sound Control area when they were plugged in I unplugged and replugged the jack and that didn t make any difference however today they ve started working again Also my computer tried to install a service pack today but then couldn t configure it and had to revert the changes with an Error x Like I said I m not sure if it s related and my lack of knowledge leaves me a tad blind If niether of those are related feel free to ignore both issues If the Wireless connectivity is a seperate issue to my ethernet problem then I m more bothered about sorting my ethernet problem first Does the RALink driver control the ethernet port Could it be I need to update the RALink driver Part of the issue is that although I can follow instructions easily I m rather in the dark when it comes to the ins and outs of computers and I m not entirely sure which direction to point myself in looking for a solution I m willing to do whatevers asked and I ll follow this thread closely I m sorry if this is abit haphazard I m hours into my hour night shift and a little bit tired I can use my housemates laptop to download any tools needed for diagnosis so that s not an issue Any advice or help would be massively appreciated Also a quick explanation of why this has happened would be great just because it interests me Thanks for your time in advance the fact you do this for free is fantastic All the best Andy nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello i am in need of assistance I have a dell computer running windows xp Just recently i have been trying to bridge the local area connection and the wireless network connection it seemed that i didnt have any connection in the network wireless disappeared connection network places file I recently got back my local area conection by going to command propmt and typing some stuff in but i still cant find wireless network connection It seems that it isnt there at all Atleast the icon isnt I have searched on the computer and have searched in the recycle bin and i could not find it if anyone could tell me how to get the wireless network connection back that would be great I have never gone to that file before so i dont no when it went away i recently went on and none of the connections were there and then i wireless network connection disappeared got some back and i still dont have the wireless network connection I am trying to bridge the wireless network connection and the local area conection to connect the ethernet cord to my playing device but the wireless network connection is not there please someone if you could help me I will be very thankful Thankyou KRman nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I was at a job site today working on an HP Inspiron laptop looked to Have Disappeared The All Network: Pc. 8 Office Printers Xp From On be - years old Xp On Office Network: All 8 Printers Have Disappeared From The Pc. running XP Home I did my usual quot tune-up quot process but because the laptop maxes out mb of RAM there was only so much I could do to increase the speed I got a call about an hour later from Xp On Office Network: All 8 Printers Have Disappeared From The Pc. the user sounding very terse and telling me that Xp On Office Network: All 8 Printers Have Disappeared From The Pc. quot all of my printers are gone quot I asked him to clarify and he said that he checked Printers in the Control Panel and none of the printers that are normally there were there anymore He is on a wireless network in his office where I did the work so he connects wirelessly to a few of the printers But even the local printer in his office and the one at home were missing I had him check the print spooler service and try to get it running but he got an error message back saying that quot the print spooler service could not be started on this computer quot I've never experienced this problem before My tune-up's don't come anywhere near the printers I do however go into msconfig and clear out the Startup menu and clear out the quot non microsoft quot services Is it possible that clearing out any of those items would cause ALL of his printers to disappear I also install AVG and that has very rarely caused some quirky stuff to happen I have to call him back in the morning and I have no idea where to even start Any help you guys could offer would be GREATLY appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-on-office-network-all-8-printers-have-disappeared-from-the-pc-196463.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified caf Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no caf a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 45.15%

G'day all I'm having an odd problem I've not encountered before nor can I seem to solve by myself - despite reading a tonne of threads on here amp toms hardware trying to sort it Overnight it seems there was a windows update Whether it's related or not it seemed the computer got stuck in an odd sleep state and had to hold the power button to power it off and then reset it as it couldn't get to the bios Once I got it to boot everything was alright except it seems my network adapter has disappeared and I can't connect to the internet except by tethering my phone to my wireless at home hence I'm posting I've re-installed the driver disk for my motherboard Asus Rampage III Extreme and also grabbed the intel one direct from their site Neither show up in either Device manager or 'View network connections' in control panel I'm stumped It's unlikely that it's shat itself hopefully so Network disappeared Adapter driver overnight I'm hoping one of the guru's here has something I can look at Potentially unrelated but yesterday I also installed a HBA to allow use of a Network Adapter driver disappeared overnight tB drive It was installed correctly and functions properly Thanks in advance Chris

A:Network Adapter driver disappeared overnight

ipconfig /all shows

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/306090-network-adapter-driver-disappeared-overnight.html
Relevancy 45.15%

If I pull up my network connections there is nothing there. They just disappeared and I can't add one. Also, when I pull up device manager the page is blank. It's like the system is not reading any of it's hardware, and it won't add anything. It's obviously using its hardware because the system boots up and works, except for those two things.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I network? main from my Solved: disappeared Why computer the has have been through all the threads and I cannot seem to find one that is similar to mine I had a network that was working fine and now suddenly my main computer has disappeared from the network It just suddenly happened when I tried to print to the main printer on the network I can access the internet on the router and print to my main colour printer Solved: Why has my main computer disappeared from the network? that is connected to my computer but when I click quot View workgroup computers quot I get the following message quot Mshome is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrater of this service to find out if you have permissions The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available quot I also cannot print to Acrobat Distiller I recently changed from McAfee to Kapersky because McAfee was not able to update and I also ran RegCure Could either of these things have caused my network to disappear I also removed Google Desktop Search and then installed it again a week or so later Sorry if these are dunb questions but I am a real newbie to the way computers work and only know my way around digital image editing nbsp

A:Solved: Why has my main computer disappeared from the network?

Hi Everyone, Is my face red! My son suggested that I check if both my Firewalls were turned on, and sure enough - they were. When I turned off the Kapersky one, My Network places magically returned. I hope this helps other newbies like myself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-has-my-main-computer-disappeared-from-the-network.721397/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there I have a laptop which has always connected to this wireless network fine until yesterday The disappeared Solved: network Wireless suddenly wireless network seemed to suddenly just disappear There are three other laptops in the house which can still detect that wireless network and connect to it except that one now I have restarted that laptop and the network reappeared and it connected But when it was restarted again the network Solved: Wireless network suddenly disappeared showed just for Solved: Wireless network suddenly disappeared a minute or so and the laptop cannot connect and then the network disappears I ve restarted it many times now and it just shows the network for a brief moment trys to connect and then the network disappears This is the info for the laptop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU P GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I m not sure what to do Can someone please help me out thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

A few months ago I was watching a live stream on Twitch and had my laptop plugged in via an Ethernet cord After awhile the cord stopped working and I figured it broke I didn't think anything of it and shut down my laptop and went to bed Upon turning it on the next morning I was no longer connected to WiFi and there were quot no connections quot available I tried troubleshooting on my phone but to Network Windows 8.1 disappeared Drivers overnight no avail I couldn't Windows 8.1 Network Drivers disappeared overnight turn on my WiFi the option was Windows 8.1 Network Drivers disappeared overnight grayed out I tried everything Refreshing it Windows 8.1 Network Drivers disappeared overnight to an earlier update downloading drivers from Dell com on a different laptop and trying to reinstall them through a USB adapter reinstalling windows and resetting the BIOS Nothing worked When I try to download an Ethernet driver it said quot Deep Sleep mode is enabled please plug the cable quot I am at my wits end here I can connect to WiFi through a USB LAN card but sometimes it is so extremely slow that I want to give up Is there anything else I can try or is this a lost cause

A:Windows 8.1 Network Drivers disappeared overnight

Is the physical RFkill switch turned off?

Disable Deep Sleep in the BIOS.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69000-windows-8-1-network-drivers-disappeared-overnight.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I hate to describe the problem as vaguely as I did in the title but here s the gist Yesterday night I went online and my network adapter worked - Disappeared? Network 7 Drivers Windows Adapter fine This morning I powered my machine on and Windows 7 - Network Adapter Drivers Disappeared? there was a big red quot X quot over the LAN connection in taskbar Weird I did the Troubleshoot for the hell of it and it replied that I needed to quot Install a driver for my network adapter quot as quot Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter quot So yeah BS It was properly installed yesterday night - why not now Anyways I googled around a bit and did the things other people were recommending I went to Device Windows 7 - Network Adapter Drivers Disappeared? Manager to reset the hardware but not only was it not showing up neither was the quot Network Adapters quot category So I un-hid it and opened the folder and my adapter wasn t even in there I also let off the residual charge in my machine by unplugging the PSU and powering on A ping to returns for Pings to router IP fail generally IpConfig shows one device the Turedo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface I also installed the driver from disk although I doubted that was the cause All of this to no avail Any help would be Windows 7 - Network Adapter Drivers Disappeared? very much appreciated Thanks WR nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Good morning For the record I am a brand new user of a HP Pavilion -g c x AMD A - APU w Radeon HD Graphics All-in-One computer running Windows and using IE with Zone Alarm Firewall and Antivirus amp Spyware installed Yesterday while checking out Devices Support disappeared?? service HP Network my Event Viewer I noticed that every time I shit down and restarted my computer I received an error message saying HP Network Devices Support Service terminated with the following error Error The specified module could not be found The best I can figure is it might have started while I was uninstalling a program associated with my camera which I couldn't install properly I went to Services and located HP Network Devices Support It was in a Stopped state HP Network Devices Support service disappeared?? and was set to Automatically Start Delayed When I tried to restart it I got a message saying quot Windows could not start the HP Network Devices Support service on local computer quot Since I am getting this error at every restart is it something I should be worried about If so is there a way to get it back up and working Thanks and regards harts ever

A:HP Network Devices Support service disappeared??

This error is usually associated with your printer installation. Uninstall your printer and reinstall it with the proper product installation software which you could get online.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59093-hp-network-devices-support-service-disappeared.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I sure hope y'all can help me -- you've done it before I'm running a home-built Windows box running Windows Professional x Service Pack build This serial Win AV number connectivity, 7 disappeared, network won't run No is the BelArc Advisor info on the hardware and OS System No network connectivity, Win 7 serial number disappeared, AV won't run Model Windows Professional x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed PM Main Circuit Board b Board BIOSTAR Group TA Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc Enclosure Type Desktop Processor gigahertz AMD FX- Quad-Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Board BIOSTAR Group TA Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space ASUS DRW- B ST c ATA Device Optical drive Kingston DataTraveler USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive ST AS Hard drive GB -- drive s n VP XJ rev CC SMART Status Healthy Memory Modules c d Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'A DIMM ' has MB serial number A SerNum Slot 'A DIMM ' has MB serial number A SerNum Slot 'A DIMM ' is Empty Slot 'A DIMM ' is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c The problem is this about a week ago MalwareBytes started finding a registry key and value for PUP Optional Spigot A on my computer every time it ran I'd have it clean it and the system ran fine Today I booted up my box and it would never connect to the network Tested the cable and switch everything's good My antivirus F-Secure wouldn't load Firefox wouldn't load Thunderbird wouldn't load No programs would load I started my box in Safe Mode and was able to connect to the network with no problems I ran MalwareBytes again found the same issues and removed them Restarted my computer and had the same problems I checked Task Manager and I see a LOT of svchost entries Checked my computer's properties and my Windows Activation information is completely gone -- this was a fully activated legal version of Win None of the computer's information is displayed -- it says everything is not available Rebooted in Safe Mode ran MalwareBytes again and found the same problems Checked properties now it can see my computer's physical information but the Windows Activation info is still missing I don't have any way to activate it again About a week or days ago the Reserve Win icon appeared in my systray and I reserved my copy The icon has stayed there but I just ignored it Today it's gone and my system is well and truly hosed I can only get network connectivity in Safe Mode can't run my AV in Safe Mode and can't run anything in normal mode Here is the info on the Spigot entries from MalwareBytes' log for today HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SEARCHSCOPES BA - - -B C- E PUP Optional Spigot A success hash c e f fa e c fe f bb HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SEARCHSCOPES BA - - -B C- E OSDFileURL PUP Optional Spigot A success file C Program Files x Common Files Spigot Search Settings yahoo ie xml hash c e f fa e c fe f bb I'm completely unsure if it's the Spigot thing that's caused my issue or if the Reserve Win icon caused an issue or if it's something else Whatever it's really a pain Can I get a little help Or should I just reload Win and call it done

A:No network connectivity, Win 7 serial number disappeared, AV won't run

Yeah, well, never mind. I finally just gave up, reformatted the drive, and tonight I'm doing a clean install of Win 7, assuming of course I can solve that UEFI v GPT issue....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580827/no-network-connectivity-win-7-serial-number-disappeared-av-wont-run/
Relevancy 45.15%

Okay, so I installed a new PSU, which coincided with a Vista update problem. That seems to have been solved, but the floppy drive uninstalled then turned up on a reboot as 'Found New Hardware'.

The onboard ethernet has also disappeared

So I looked in Devices and nothing, searched for new, nothing. I downloaded the ethernet drivers and I get this error message on the install:

"The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled. Please Plug the Cable"

What does that mean and how do I install the network controller?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys,
Would really appreciate some help with this. Am running WinXP Home with SP2 installed, and using a Linksys Wireless USB adaptor.
Recently, my wireless network system tray icon has disappeared. I've looked in Connection Manager, but there's no sign of it there either.
The thing is, because I had the settings up and running for the network I connect to before the icon disappeared, WinXP will somehow connect to the network, despite showing NO signs of any connection at all.
It's frustrating, because it means that I cannot search for networks, or repair a connection. I've even tried using different wireless adaptors, but there is still no sign of the icon in the system tray or in connection manager.
Any and all help would be great!
Cheers,
James

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi disappeared Solved: Wireless network icon I m using a Belkin wireless router - I have one desktop which is hardwired and on which I have no problems connecting to the internet I also have a laptop Dell Inspiron running on Windows XP which used to connect wirelessly However it no longer shows that there is a wireless connection does not give the option to find available wireless networks and in the Solved: Wireless network icon disappeared Network Connections option Solved: Wireless network icon disappeared under Control Panel only the LAN option is showing There is no wireless network connection available If I plug the router in to the laptop it all works fine Is there any way of getting back the icon As far as I m aware no changes were made to the laptop before this problem occurred Literally one day it was fine the next it wasn t I ve searched through similar questions on the forums and have tried some of the suggestions but nothing has helped so far I d be very grateful for any help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I apologize ahead if I seem like a total NOOB I am Ok so I had an electrical storm here recently amp when I got up the next morning my router was blown and my HP desktop is telling me that Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you Driver disappeared for Adapter Network after storm will need to re-install the driver quot So first thing was that I went out and got a new router and that is great as Driver for Network Adapter disappeared after storm my laptop is online now But what do I need to do to replace the network adapter if that is even possible I guess I am not sure I understand what the network adapter is I know it is something that is supposed to allow my computer to connect with the router modem but I don Driver for Network Adapter disappeared after storm t understand if it is hardware or software There were some other Cox issues after the storm and the tech who was at my house showed my in my Device Manager that there is no area for Network Adapter amp told me to download the network driver and save it to my thumbdrive and install it on my PC Then he bailed lol so I went to HP s site and downloaded the Original Realtek Networking Controller Driver but when I tried to install it on the PC the message that came up was quot Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update quot I have no idea if that was the right thing to do or where I Driver for Network Adapter disappeared after storm am supposed to turn At this point the more I research this issue the more confused I get Any help is awesome Thanks Bre nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a media server running off my Win7 PC and it has been working perfectly for years until today. The PC/server no longer shows up on any of my devices (Xbox, Roku, smart phone). The PC and devices are all on the same network and can access the internet with no problem.

I have attempted the following but it hasn't resolved the issue:
Made sure the related services (WMP network sharing service, uPnP Device Host, and SSDP) are running as well as restarted them. Media sharing is set to On.
Rebooted the PC, devices, and the router.
Disabled firewall and antivirus (windows firewall & avast)
Installed a non-windows media server (tried plex and serviio)
Created a new profile and turned on media sharing
Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392193-media-server-disappeared-home-network.html