Windows Support Forum

Matt Lost monitor signal while tower is still on

Q: Matt Lost monitor signal while tower is still on

Hi there, Matt lost monitor signal while tower is still on. IP address of the tower can't be detected. Checked windows logs says Kernel power 41 error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Matt Lost monitor signal while tower is still on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Matt Lost monitor signal while tower is still on

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nscm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nscm.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, 0, fffff88004059738, fffff88004058f90}

Probably caused by : nscm.sys ( nscm+37f2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Looks like an issue with Novell. You will need to contact them to resolve the issue.

See:
Support | Random blue screen caused by NSCM.SYS

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389138-matt-lost-monitor-signal-while-tower-still.html
Relevancy 81.7%

A friends pc (built by her dad so i've no idea what components) seems to have a loose connection somewhere internal or on the monitor cable (though im sure its not the cable-i've played round and it doesnt seem to matter) and the monitor only recieves a signal (reports no signal at all-so it doesnt even know it's plugged in) when the tower is on it's side-it's built in video (but an AGP slot is there too) on an intel board. Any ideas?

Relevancy 81.7%

somethin is not right here....my tower is turned on but there is no signal goin to the monitor....and the lights on the tower lights is now red....one of my dvd drivers open half way and the other just wont open...it has to be the damn voltage settings on my power supply

the story is there was a shutdown in my area for almost 12 hours becuz the city needed to rewire and fix some **** on the ground.

and when the power was up again...this happened.

i thought at first it was a bios issue so i took out that little round thing out of the motherboard and put it back but no luck......

my powersuppy is a 500w antec.....and i have a gigabyte motherboard.

the bad thing about my powersupply is theres no voltage switcher....so i dont know how to adjust it...... ANY HELP well be appreciated

A:TOWER lights up but monitor no signal

You have a few misperceptions on how things work... such as voltage switcher on the power supply. You don't want to mess with the power supply.
Your problem could be power supply, hard drive, video graphics, or memory failure... or some other problem.
You can help us help you by posting your computuer brand and model as well as operating system, age of the unit, memory installed, and type of video graphics.
Further, we would like to know what antivirus software, Antispyware, and rootkit snoopers you have installed.
What was going on with your computer when the power failure hit? As that seems critical.
What was that little round thing? A CMOS battery with the number 2032?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-lights-up-but-monitor-no-signal.80652/
Relevancy 79.98%

My display shuts off lost signal windows freezes tower stays running without a hiccup My display or displays shut off and windows freezes when playing games It started with Fps game loading inside of a window the size of the screen instead of full screen I then tried playing another graphically demanding game with the settings maxed and the display shut off after several minutes of gameplay Over time it gradually got worse and worse until it would shut off the display as soon as it loaded windows I thoroughly cleaned the entire case and components cleaned and recovered the system back a couple years and I got a full week of Gaming on maxed out settings without issue Repeating the same steps didn't yield the same results and the display shuts off At around certain points every time in certain games the display will lose signal Its been like this for over a year and I think I narrowed it down to faulty drivers or overheating gpu If it's faulty drivers do I delete all present drivers and replace them with the newest If it's a overheating gpu do I take it apart and replace the thermal paste Any suggestions I maybe completely wrong PC Desktop Custom build OS Windows home premium bit CPU AMD Phenom II x t Motherboard Gigabyte FXA-UD Memory Patriot g DDR x Graphics Card s GeForce GTX shuts running. lost stays off, freezes, Display widows signal, tower ti mb Sound Card Onboard Monitor s Displays SCEA quot stereoscopic D Dispay Screen Resolution x htz Hard Drives Western Digital Velociraptor g rpm x in Raid PSU OCZ w Case Antec Cooling x Display shuts off, lost signal, widows freezes, tower stays running. mm blue lit case fans Display shuts off, lost signal, widows freezes, tower stays running. mm top fan Keyboard Microsoft ergo Mouse Cyborg R A T Antivirus Advance system care ultimate

A:Display shuts off, lost signal, widows freezes, tower stays running.

Hello and welcome Atemup mate the GPU driver would be a good start Drivers | GeForce it is the latest driver and did wonders for my three desktops.

You could also check this
UsingHW Info PSU

Download HW Info and pick the right bit version - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download -(copyand paste this site into the search bar) If you do not need the runninginformation in the smaller right hand panel close it. In the left hand windowclick on the + for the individual device groupings and they will open out tothe various components.

Go on opening out further until you get to the device itself. click on it and it will highlight. In the right hand window there will be a very detailed description of that device as in brand, speeds model number etc etc These are very detailed and are just what is needed for searching for drivers etc.

To get the PSU volts you need to select the Sensor button circled in yellow in the pic for PSU testing do the same and scroll down the readout as in my pic to where it has Nuvoton = yours might be a different section name / title. Post back a pic of that please.

If you want a more definitive test see this http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/301799-psu-test-dc-output-voltage.html but please only use a digital multimeter and not an analogue as they inject typically 9v into a circuit to test and into a 3.3v or 5v rail - not a good idea!!see the partial pic of the correct sort of meter in that tutorial. details if you scroll down that listing.

Now a good reference article is this
Voltage Rails - Power Supply 101: A Reference Of Specifications it will explain in detail what the voltages are and functions of the PSU/

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/347799-display-shuts-off-lost-signal-widows-freezes-tower-stays-running.html
Relevancy 78.26%

So Edge detect Monitor Solved: tower (Velocity Z40) does from signal new not Micro I Solved: Monitor does not detect signal from new tower (Velocity Micro Edge Z40) just recently bought a new Edge Z from Velocity Micro I have set it up as directed but my monitor a working Solved: Monitor does not detect signal from new tower (Velocity Micro Edge Z40) HP xi does not Solved: Monitor does not detect signal from new tower (Velocity Micro Edge Z40) detect a signal with tried and tested VGA DVI and HDMI cables I Unboxed it Plugged it into an US-EU adapter I m in Europe Plugged that into a surge protector Turned on the surge protector turned rocker switch on the PSU on Pressed the power button LEDs light up fans spin the HDD vibrates I put my Windows disk in the optical drive and that spins the MemOK LED that signal a compatibility or installation problem with the RAM is NOT lit no problems the green LED next to the SATA Gb s port is lit and everything seems to be working fine Next I try plugging connecting my monitor first with VGA then DVI then HDMI but to no avail I would try displayport but my monitor does not support it The cables were secured at both ends the monitor was on It showed that it was scanning all possible inputs but reported quot no signal quot and went to sleep Since then I tried pushing on all the connections to make sure the power supplies were connected properly the connection from the video ports to the motherboard were firm rearranged my two GB DDR s and tried using a step-down transformer with the V setting on the PSU rather than an adapter with the V setting Also I m not sure if this was initially there but when I turn on the computer after a few seconds I hear a short high-pitched blip and a few seconds later a slightly lower-pitched and longer bleep Specs of the computer are as follows PSU Watt Velocity Micro Power Supply Motherboard Asus P Z -V LK Intel Z based chipset ATX Motherboard Processor Intel Core i - K processor quad GHz cores Hyperclocked to GHz RAM GB DDR - Dual Channel Memory x GB Graphics GB eVGA NVIDIA GTX GDDR video card GeForce GTX series HDD TB rpm SATA w NCQ Thanks in advance for any help you can give P S The computer seems to be behaving normally besides the lack of connection to the monitor since after leaving it on without doing anything to it for a while I think it goes to sleep since it appears to turn off but reboots quickly when I press the power button again nbsp

A:Solved: Monitor does not detect signal from new tower (Velocity Micro Edge Z40)

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Have you tried using the motherboard's video connections? Or just the graphics card's? Can you remove the card and try the ones on the m/b?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-monitor-does-not-detect-signal-from-new-tower-velocity-micro-edge-z40.1082474/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a packard Bell desktop running Vista bit and geforce video card and have had it about months Last week the monitor went black and said it was going to sleep I to Lost monitor signal found that nothing had Lost signal to monitor changed with the computer but I had just lost the video signal If I tried to reboot right away I would not get a signal but if I waited a minimum of minutes I could get it to come on to maybe the login page before it blinked out again It s still on warranty thankfully so the stores guy comes out replaces the video card--no change replaces mobo--no change takes video card out completely so it s using the onboard one and it stays on Hmmm maybe the old video card and the new one he brought are both faulty Lost signal to monitor The store says they ll send another guy out with another card and put that in--great It s been working fine now for three days but today monitor goes black The tech is coming tomorrow with a new video card and I have a feeling that s not going to solve the problem I m not any one particular program when this happens What the heck else could it be Anybody Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I have a packard Bell desktop running Vista bit and geforce g video card and have had it about months I had an issue with the monitor HP LP w losing signal and going to sleep a couple months ago and it looked like I had it fixed with help from this forum I to Lost signal again monitor downloaded and installed a Lost signal to monitor again new driver for the monitor and it s been working great up until a week ago when I started to have some issues I downloaded and installed a recent update fomr Nvidia for the video card and it was working well again but now I m back to the same thing I have lost the signal to the HP monitor and have tried a different known working monitor as well but get the same no signal I m guessing the first thing to do would be to buy a new graphics card and try it which one should I try I get the right beeps and the fans are going on bootup Thanks again nbsp

A:Lost signal to monitor again

Update--took graphics card to the store-tech put it in a machine there and it worked. So it's not card or monitor. Now I'm getting fan start but no beep.Most likely motherboard?? Store is picking it up for warrantied repair--the usual 10-14 day thing. Very convenient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-signal-to-monitor-again.941573/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me.

About 4 months ago my desktop monitor got the message "no signal". After much searching,checking and trying many things I finally connected the monitor directly to the computer instead of through the video card and it worked. So put it down to the video card packing it in.

A few days ago it decided to not receive a signal again. My son was watching tv show on the system and apparently it froze. He tried to reboot the system and then there was no signal to the monitor.

I have taken out the bios battery, even replaced it now, have taken out the ram and tested one at a time and still no signal. The monitor is working as I have attached it to my laptop and all was fine.

The computer appears to be booting but I am not getting the start up beep anymore.

Any ideas

Thanks

A:Monitor has lost signal

Likely not completing POST. Which would indicate a hardware fault. Could be anything connected to the motherboard (including the motherboard).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-has-lost-signal.1121850/
Relevancy 70.52%

My mother-in-law had an old Presario 7360 running XP Home with only 56 MB RAM. I tried to install a linksys wireless PCI card, and lost signal to the monitor. Plus the PC automatically powers on when I plug it in. I removed the PCI card, but nothing changed. Did I fry the memory? The motherboard? Please tell me all I need is memory and/or a video card.

A:Lost Monitor Signal: Did I fry it?

*shrug

I'd start off with trying a different monitor, or test that monitor on a different computer, if you haven't already.

I'm pretty sure a wide number of things can cause loss of video, but I would try using a single one of your ram sticks, (assuming you have 2 separate sticks in your computer) making sure you try it in both ram slots on your mobo.

Also if you have another power supply I'd try plugging that in. Maybe that extra card you plugged in was too new, or simply just fried your old psu. =P *shrug

I would probably also try clearing the CMOS.

As far as it turning on automatically when you plug in the power cord, I haven't come across that before in my personal experience.

I wouldn't go buying anything yet (if you can even find much for that pc) until you get another opinion, just giving you some ideas to try since it looks like I'm your first reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-monitor-signal-did-i-fry-it.110751/
Relevancy 70.09%

A PC lost the signal to the monitor. I had installed a new
motherboard in my PC when the other quit. After installing
I set up the BIOS, and tried to get it to run. Unfortunately,
the HD was not being seen in the boot process. Since I
was out of time for the day I shut everything down until I
could get back to the job of trying to get it going. After a
couple of days of doctor and hospital visits I finally got
back to the job. Now I keep getting a box on the monitor
that there is no signal from the PC.

I have shut it down and checked all my connections. I even
tried the monitor on this old PC. This is not a new monitor.
It was working on the other PC after I installed the M-board,
and even when that PC had quit is was working on it.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 69.23%

I teach a computer class at a local high school and had a student build his own system Following is the components we signal Monitor from Card lost Video installed all from Newegg Intel BOXDP SG LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Monitor lost signal from Video Card - Retail Item N E Intel Core Quad Q GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor Model BX Q - Retail Item N E RAIDMAX RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Retail Item N E A-DATA GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model HY I B KN - Retail Item N E SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail Item N E Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit for System Builders - OEM Item N E Hanns G Hi- DPB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail Item N E HITACHI A TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - OEM Item N E LG X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model GH LS - OEM Item N E RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX- WB Black mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case - Retail Item N E We purchased two of the video cards with aspirations of setting up a Crossfire system While waiting for the bridges to come in separate order we installed one card to set up the system and software After installing the drivers for the cards we started to have problems losing the monitor signal The first two or three times a restart solved the problem The forth time it happend we lost the signal altogether We took out the original card and tried the other one no luck We tried both cards in both PCI-express slots no luck We tried a different monitor no luck I installed my Post Card reader and got a code but have been unable to figure out what that means exactly We are out of ideas anyone else got any Thanks Brad nbsp

A:Monitor lost signal from Video Card

Funny how computer class teachers are pretty much.. nvm.

The power supply propably blew out on you. It is propably still "alive", taking its last breaths, taking the cards or the motherboard along with it.
Get a quality unit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005
And after that... You may need to replace: the motherboard, one or both of the graphics cards, a slight chance that the CPU needs to be replaced too, or any combination of these.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-lost-signal-from-video-card.826865/
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm selling my nbsp HP Pavillion p - t desktop Factory After Reset Lost Signal Monitor Attempt computer so I went through the process of transferring my data to my new machine and factory reset nbsp In Windows -bit I chose the option to reset to factory settings as well as delete all data nbsp I also chose the option to clean the disks since I'm selling it nbsp It went through the process and everything seemed fine so I stopped watching it once it started to slowly raise the percentage of Monitor Signal Lost After Factory Reset Attempt completion this was over several hours nbsp The last percentage I saw it at was around when the next time I looked at it the monitor was dark nbsp I figured that I had to move the mouse or hit a key to wake it back up as it was possibly done but this didn't work nbsp I gave it more hours to see if it would sort itself out and at this point I knew something was wrong so I tried shutting Monitor Signal Lost After Factory Reset Attempt down the computer and still the problem continued nbsp There is no signal to the Monitor Signal Lost After Factory Reset Attempt monitor although the computer turns on fine The monitor is connected via DVI and the monitor is a HP W a nbsp Things I've Tried nbsp Using a different cableUsing a different monitorConnecting to the onboard DVI rather than the graphics card Nvidia GT DVIConnecting via HDMIBlindly trying to reset the BIOSChecked internal connections nbsp I suspect it may have something to do with video drivers but don't know how I would install them without seeing what I'm doing nbsp This is certainly an issue with the machine rather than the monitor nbsp This is not a matter of data recovery but a matter of restoring a fresh install of Windows so the computer is ready to sell Thanks

A:Monitor Signal Lost After Factory Reset Attempt

Do you have another dvi port in that gpu?  If so switch the dvi ports and see if you get a signal.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Monitor-Signal-Lost-After-Factory-Reset-Attempt/td-p/5697083
Relevancy 59.34%

I m not very knowledgeable when it comes to computer ah specs or finding information about the one I have so I don t have much for you to go on Computer is a Dell with Windows XP Home Edition Monitor is LCD A few days ago around Wednesday morning my monitor began to click on and off The screen would flash black and the light next to the on off button would flash from green on to yellow orange off At first it wasn t that bad When I switched pages on the internet scrolled or highlighted something on the page it would flash It steadily got worse going from internet pages to flashing on and Monitor Solved: is Monitor blinking Tower problem? off. or on and off right when I turned the computer on all through the loading and welcome Solved: Monitor or Tower problem? Monitor is blinking on and off. screens I thought maybe it was just the Solved: Monitor or Tower problem? Monitor is blinking on and off. monitor so I switched it out and hooked up my old hp pavilion mx monitor That monitor worked perfectly fine with my old tower but when hooked up to my new one it Erm got static-y It looked like an old TV that had a VHS tape in the player being re-wound I know that sounds odd but it was like spikes from the side of the screen surging inwards I thought it was because the monitor was so much older than the tower Soon the static got steadily worse and I used it for about a day before it got to be too much I switched to Safe Mode with Networking on the hp monitor to see what would happen and it was fine No static Today I switched back to my LCD monitor and put that into Safe Mode with Networking and no blinking on and off I am very confused Is this a monitor problem Or a tower problem Any help MUCH appreciated If I m not giving enought to go on I could search around and try to dig up more info I can t do much in Safe Mode though Thanks -Rum nbsp

A:Solved: Monitor or Tower problem? Monitor is blinking on and off.

Video card is busted. When in safe mode, the video card's drivers are not loaded, so the card does not function at "full blast". It will not cause trouble because of that.
Dell model would help finding a replacement, but it can well be assumed that there's a PCI-E 16x slot for add-on graphics. This would be a cheap replacement in that case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121302

This is all an assumption on the most propable cause. The problem could also be your power supply or motherboard, but those are pretty unlikely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-monitor-or-tower-problem-monitor-is-blinking-on-and-off.813374/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi
I have a Vostro 460 MT from Dell.
The Specs:
i5-2400
8GB RAM
320GB HD
Stock PSU - 350W

I had a NVIDIA GT 210 card in previously which I sold and bought an R7 240 to upgrade with. When plugging in the R7 240 and booting up. I get NO VIDEO SIGNAL. NO BIOS SPLASH SCREEN etc.
NOW if I take the card out and use the onboard VGA it works fine. The NVIDIA GT 210 worked fine too.

Why does this card not work? Is there a solution to my problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989762
Relevancy 56.76%

my w2k pro has lost its desktop. This is a tower PC. Would it be cost-effective to upgrade and if yes, to what? Or would it be prudent to dispose of it

A:Tower PC w2k lost its desktop. What pathway to go

"Would it be cost-effective to upgrade and if yes, to what?"Depends on what the machine currently has (hardware-wise), what it will support, and what you intend to do with it. You don't give any specs on the machine (CPU, RAM, etc.), so there's not really an answer..."Channeling the spirit of jboy..."

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/tower-pc-w2k-lost-its-desktop-what-pathway-to-go/66246.html
Relevancy 55.47%

About 6 months ago, i was moving furniture around in my room and whilst moving, my tower fell over and hit my carpet, and the case cracked. Ive been using my older tower for quite some time now. Ive deleted all viruses, spyware, addware...still didnt help. anyways to the point..I tried to hook up my other tower, which is alot better, but whenever i hook it up and turn it on, i get no reaction from the monitor. Ive tried unplugging and replugging it, and the dell symbol shows up on my monitor but then my monitor goes blank. Ive tried hitting f8 many times, but nothing comes up. Can anyone help me? Ive also opened my tower, cleared any dust, and all parts are connected as they should be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-monitor-and-tower.660605/
Relevancy 55.47%

A friend recently gave me an old tower of his with Windows XP installed. He did not give me a monitor. I was hoping I could use a VGA monitor cable and be able to plug that cable into my laptop and the tower but I am having difficulties. There is no place for me to "physically" boot up to that tower. Do I need to buy another/different cable to do something like this?

A:Tower with no Monitor

Quote: Originally Posted by codyw

A friend recently gave me an old tower of his with Windows XP installed. He did not give me a monitor. I was hoping I could use a VGA monitor cable and be able to plug that cable into my laptop and the tower but I am having difficulties. There is no place for me to "physically" boot up to that tower. Do I need to buy another/different cable to do something like this?

Don't even think about using the laptop screen as the desktop monitor unless you know exactly what you are doing, how the desktop was configured, etc. What you are proposing is having the XP desktop set up like a headless server, connecting the desktop and laptop via a crossover cable (or connecting to a network) then "running" the desktop using remote access from the laptop. Not a simple undertaking.

Buy a cheap used monitor and keyboard for the desktop - it's cheaper than replacing a fried laptop!

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175910-tower-no-monitor.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm looking to upgrade my dad's computer setup. He has a Gateway with Windows 98 -- all hardware from around '97 or '98. It needs upgraded so I wanted to get something like this new tower, but he wants to keep the same monitor. Will a 10+ year old monitor work with a modern tower?

A:Getting a new tower for old monitor

it will definitely work , it will just look like crap.. its totally worth getting an LCD if what you currently have is an older CRT monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-new-tower-for-old-monitor.979855/
Relevancy 55.04%

Forgive me if this is a will fire Monitor not tower up from redundant topic but I surfed thru many pages to try and find a similar topic Got a tower here that I am troubleshooting for my sister tower would turn on get to the tower Monitor will not fire up from tower flash screen then shut back off So I treplaced the power supply and unplugged the monitor cable from the onboard plug and I tried different video cards a PCI and an AGP style all fans and such come on no strange noises and no confirmation beeps when it boots I even yanked the HDD to gain access to it to save some data but this tower still wont fire up the monitor I have the orange light right now and it never goes green Any clues Motherboard shot Looks to be a Biostar MB in a CISNET tower whatever that is I can pick up a new MB if that s the problem but wanted to bounce it off someone in here first Thank You

A:Monitor will not fire up from tower

Have you tried to "reset" the bios with the jumper on the motherboard?

It is possible that a BIOS setting is keeping the video from being enumerated at bootup.

Hope this helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/237406/monitor-will-not-fire-up-from-tower/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a question about my HP Pavillion. I'm running XP and when I go to start the computer the tower sounds like it's booting up normally however when the monitor is turned on, the indicator light turns green then it automatically, less than 2 seconds later, turns orange..its as if the monitor shuts itself off. Also, the keyboard lights don't flash when the tower is booted up. I tried hooking another monitor up and the same thing happens. I got a tip to try bootdisk.com but I really don't know what i'm looking for. I was also told it could be a battery but again, I really don't know. Any help would be *greatly* appreciated. Thanks!

A:Tower Works but No Monitor

Hello and welome to TSG!

First, check the signal cable plug on the monitor do not have missing pins. If the monitor end of the signal cable can also be removed, check that as well.

Next, open the case and see if all your fans are working (the case fan, video card fan, power supply fan, processor fan, etc.)

You could also check to see if your video card is seated correctly in the motherboard.

I hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tower-works-but-no-monitor.181110/
Relevancy 55.04%

Right now troubles tower monitor and *again* I am really annoyed and fustrated I have an E machines Winows XP and it is doing the same thing that it monitor and tower troubles *again* did before I took it into Best Buy Last time I took it in I had to wait two months for it then it didn t work again because something was wrong with the mother board they put in and that cost me two extra weeks I finally get it back in January and now it is doing the same thing again and I refuse to take it back to Best Buy This is what it is doing The monitor has this window that always shows up and blinks when the tower is not on that says SELF CHECK CHECK YOUR PC MONITOR IS WORKING Apparently this is pretty much nothing because I can t self check check PC or see if the monitor is working What should happen is when I turn the tower on this huge white E should show up and the user names whould show up afterwards but it doesn t The tower makes the sound that its on but the same SELF CHECK window is still blinking as if the monitor never recognized that the tower is on I can t do anything with this computer and I would like a simple fix that doesn t cost me three months again and the worry of my C drive being erased because I have important files that I can t back up because the computer won t turn on in the first place Please help me nbsp

A:monitor and tower troubles *again*

Hello and Welcome...
Make sure your video connection's aren't loose. Check that where your monitor plugs into the pc hasn't worked loose.. It could also be a bad cable.. If you are comfortable opening up the case and it has a video card (as opposed to the video being intergrated with the motherboard) check that it hasn't come loose as well. If you have access to a different monitor you might try it on your pc also. Something else you can try is resetting the 'CMOS'. While inside the case look for a battery attached to the motherboard. I will look like a large watch battery.. take it out , wait a couple of minutes and then put it back.. If the machine is stuck in a CMOS error this should clear that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-and-tower-troubles-again.685292/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I just got a pre-built iBuypower gaming PC with a new monitor today and I set up everything and put everything together from VGA to HDMI but nothing is working The monitor is still black The only time the monitor my is not tower. New monitor from showing anything new shows something is when I turn it on after a few seconds in which it flashes its logos and goes black and then my power LED for the monitor starts blinking blue My friends told me that PROBABLY my graphics card is not sending a signal to my monitor New monitor is not showing anything from my new tower. I also tried this on my old computer and it still didn't show anything on the screen at all How do I fix this I don't really know anything about computers THAT much so if you tell me to dissemble can you please tell me how to I just want my monitor New monitor is not showing anything from my new tower. to show something from my tower My tower is working completely fine The fans and everything is going and turns on perfectly It's just that monitor that is not working and I don't know what to do anymore after working on this for hours EDIT - I found out it isn't my monitor Since I tried it with my laptop and it works It's my PC Now how do I fix that

A:New monitor is not showing anything from my new tower.

Why are you using the VGA output? If this is a new PC and monitor they should both have DVI.

Or at least use (DVI to HDMI) or (HDMI to HDMI).

Check in BIOS for a preferred output device setting. Read the manual. Also check monitor for a source select button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373061-new-monitor-not-showing-anything-my-new-tower.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there i tower black the Monitor but on. goes is still m having an issue where I would be browsing the web watching Netflix playing a game or even just going through Monitor goes black but the tower is still on. files and the computer would just go right to a black screen where the backlit LED lights are still visible and the monitors blue ON glow is still active and I would look over at the PC and it would still be on All noises from shows id be watching would play then cut out like they were interrupted and when i unplug the video cord and plug it back in all i get is a white static screen then it will usually go back to black backlit screen I have searched all over to find out the issue that is causing this but i just can t figure it out I would even hold the power button to restart the PC and the moment it would restart and be back at the home screen it would happen again Please help PC specs CPU Intel Core i - K GPU MSI GeForce GTX Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Gene VI Power Supply Corsair HX Ram G Skill Sniper GB Operating System Windows Pro nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-black-but-the-tower-is-still-on.1168510/
Relevancy 54.18%

ok right now my monitor is roughly 10inches from my tower. i have heard that the magnets in the hard drives can mess up your monitor if placed too close. although i was never able to confirm this. should i move my tower? i figured 10 inches was plenty. there are no speakers even close to monitor. but i am considering buying a nice new monitor and i woud like to know before i place it where my old one was

it could just be my monitor it is old and cheap and is getting darker and darker and little lines are beginning to form.

any thoughts plz

A:Monitor too close to tower dangerous?

i wouldnt worry about your HDs messing up your monitor, unless you put a magnet on the screen your okay. definetly keep large powerfull speekers away from your Hard drives they are more sensitive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-too-close-to-tower-dangerous.207447/
Relevancy 54.18%

when I turn on the computer it beeps then turns the monitor off, so I cant do anything at all, the tower stays on

A:tower stays on, monitor turns off

Are you asking about a desktop or laptop? We need the model/model number & the exact beep code sequence - long/short & pauses. As Dashing_star pointed out, beeps are usually related to RAM or graphics problems.The following is for Dell desktops. Scroll down to the chart for BIOS beep codes:http://en.community.dell.com/suppor...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/tower-stays-on-monitor-turns-off/203525.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hello there, my desktop PC keeps randomly having the monitor go black with a message coming up saying no signal however this is not all. if i am watching a video it will loop the sound also, so its just turns into an elongated humming noise. does anyone know what to do? i have taken it to a technician he said he took it apart and rebuilt it and left it on for around 2-3 days and this didn't happen. over the course of 10 days he tested what he could and still did'nt know. i got the pc back around 3-4 days ago and it's only just started happening again. i have 7 fans and a big cpu heatsink so im not sure its temperature.

the computer remains on and humming normally throughout all of this. i have tried different hdmi cables also and no difference.

what info would you guys need?

Relevancy 54.18%

Not sure if i'm in the right place or not so apologies in advance.
I've just bought a new tower with Windows 7 on it and tried installing it today, it's now 12 hours later and i cannot get monitor, keyboard, mouse to work. They were working last night with the old tower. The light comes on the monitor but turns to orange and says No signal.
The buttons on the front don't wnat to work at all i have to use the one at the back and i have no clue what to do next.
I thought it would be a good idea to buy exactly what i wanted but maybe i've made a mistake and should have bought one 'all in'.
Trouble is i'd bought the accessories not too long ago and i was loathe to buy new just for the sake of it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-tower-with-windows7-wont-power-to-monitor-432159.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys, was having a discussion today at work about how I would much rather have a PC tower than a laptop, and it got me thinking, is there a way send a wireless video signal from a PC Tower to a PC Monitor?

Cheers

A:Is there a way to connect a PC Tower wirelessly to a PC Monitor

You can send HDMI over wireless. Some reviews of wireless HDMI transmitters here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349712-there-way-connect-pc-tower-wirelessly-pc-monitor.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello! I was cleaning the fans in my tower bC they needed it, and when I put the case back on, and went to use the computer, the monitors are on but not waking up. It is like they have no idea the computer is on and I'm waiting for them to function. What could I have done??

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi again so I had tower Monitor still is while black running Goes the this issue before and I had help with someone saying it mightve been the graphics card Well I replaced it with Monitor Goes black while the tower is still running a new one and I didnt experience the issue for a few days but just a half hour ago it happened again twice So it s been narrowed down it isn t the GPU like most of my friends thought but I have no way of checking if its anything else due to a backup power supply being too low wattage and well that would be about the only other part I have haha This issue is really causing my anxiety to hit new levels as I just can t figure this out I have never experienced this before till about Monitor Goes black while the tower is still running the beginning of march I thought it was driver issues but I went through older and newer ones to no avail and my monitor is just fine I have already tested that theory Could it be the modular power cables attached to the graphics card Could it be the motherboard failing My BIOS is also at stock nothing is overclocked and speccy is reporting everything at normal temps Please Help PC Specs CPU Intel i K Devil s Canyon GPU MSI GeForce GTX GAMING ME the G one thats red but green Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Gene VI Z chipset Power Supply Corsair HX Watt not the hx i Ram G Skill Sniper GB DDR nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-black-while-the-tower-is-still-running.1168706/
Relevancy 53.75%

Sorry for the long text I m trying to send as much information i have Hello forums A few years ago i built a new gaming pc because i wanted to be able to play high quality games But since day i ve had nothing but problems Whenever i play one of my high quality games such as quot Assassins Creed Tomb Raider Battlefield or Primal Carnage quot the monitor goes completely blank showing a quot no signal to signal No gaming monitor/colorful monitor when to crash Solved: monitor quot sign after gaming for between minutes to up to - hours The monitor sometimes also shows different color stripes either Solved: No signal to monitor/colorful monitor crash when gaming for examples orange pink or grey The sound of my friends on skype usually keeps going for about seconds before going silent the sound of the game shuts off instantly or goes in a loop or starts with a loud buzzing sound The fans and the LED s on my pc are still going but i can t control anything on the pc making me have to force restart my pc on the power button I ve been on this forum before talking to this guy who is helping me but he s been quite busy lately so i need some extra help I ve updated all drivers to latest i never overheat the GPU does not go over C when gaming and CPU never goes over C either I ve upgraded my W powersupply to a W power supply and is one of the highest rated best performance power supplies you can find I tried to RMA my graphics card but they found nothing wrong with it and sent it back I bought two new sticks of RAM GB each still crashes I thought it was my HDMI cable between the monitor and the pc turns out it s not I ve also tried to underclock my graphics card by and increased my fan speed to when gaming It still crashes I ve never OVERclocked anything Here are my specs Motherboard ASRock Z M mATX Harddrive GB Western Digital SATA- MB RPM Processor Intel Core i K Ghz Graphics Card Gigabyte HD GB GDDR RAM G Skill Sniper GB DDR PC MHz CL x GB Power Supply W Seasonic X-Series PLUS Gold Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 53.75%

Blank monitor when pc tower is powered on,I tried another or different hard drive and still no picture. Hhelp

A:My monitor shows no picture when tower is powered on

Did anything happen to it or did you make any changes to it between the last time it worked OK and the first time it didn't?Do you hear any beeps when you attempt to start it up?Often that symptom is due to a bad PSU or motherboard (not that that narrows it down much).

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/my-monitor-shows-no-picture-when-tower-is-powered-on/203607.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an Optiplex 790 Mini-Tower with an i5-2400 and integrated Intel HD 2000 video.
The case has both a VGA and Display Port connector, I am presently using the VGA port. I am investigating going for a Dual Monitor setup and am confused whether I can do so without having to purchase a discrete video card. I am reading conflicting reports that some say yes and others no. Can some kind soul please confirm one way or the other ?
I do not use the PC for gaming, it is work only with the occasional video and web browsing. Mainly I need dual monitor for multiple file editing, scripting, database programming etc.
Many thanks, Fin.

A:Optiplex 790 Mini-Tower Dual Monitor ?

Hi Fin,
OptiPlex 790's onboard video solution supports both VGA and DisplayPort at the same time. You can connect two monitors to the computer without adding a discrete card.
Please let me know if you need further information.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19511921
Relevancy 53.75%

Not sure if I'm able to set up dual monitors with my 750-167c tower.  It looks as though there is only one video output.  Is that correct?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/can-I-have-a-dual-monitor-setup-with-my-750-167c-tower/td-p/5717699
Relevancy 53.32%

running Vista Home Premium
this is an eMachines T5086
The desktop computer is less than 2 years old.
We just moved. Now when I turn on the computer, it will make its whirling sounds then it will beep 3 times..like error beeps. The monitor will display "no signal". So I tried another monitor...same message. What could be wrong with it all of a sudden? This is the kids computer and they are sad

A:turn tower on..beeps 3 times..no image on monitor

To me it could be one of three things if you are comfertable going inside the computer try reseating the ram or if there are two sticks take one out and see if it will boot up if not put it back and take out the other stick and try to boot up if it will boot up with just one stick then the other stick is bad. to test the power supply see if your cd or dvd drive will open are there any lights showing? If its none of the above its your motherboard most probably a capicitators blown or something see if you can spot any dark marks like burn marks on the motherboard. Well I hope its the ram.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/turn-tower-on-beeps-3-times-no-image-on-monitor-311156.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone I m new here and have read over some of the posts and stickies but have not found my issue I have a Dell Pentium R CPU GHz and GB RAM extra added tower - Dell monitor brightens/darkens 4550 overheating? by me I have never gotten any kind of Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating? warning or message that my tower fan was not working properly For the last couple of weeks I have noticed my computer monitor brightening a lot and then darkening screen is still readable and then going back to normal This will happen anywhere from to times in a two hour period I have been Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating? turning off the computer when not in use giving it a chance to cool down which I now realize was the worst thing to do Today when I went to fire it up for about the third time during the start-up Windows shut down quot to protect itself quot and gave me a blue screen message to turn off the computer and restart I did and have not had that issue again Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating? today I have placed a large fan behind the tower and the problem seems to have stopped for now which leads me to believe the problem is caused by overheating The tower casing was cleaned inside around months ago but was very dusty My questions Does this sound like a tower fan problem and how do I check that it is working properly Are there capacitors or something else I should be checking for heat damage and replacing I know I really just need a new computer but that won t be happening for a while so any help you could give me to keep this one sputtering along would be greatly appreciated Thanks much nbsp

A:Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating?

Hi Jeri, welcome to TS. I'm not sure specifically about the 4550, but I know most Dells will post a warning on boot if the fan isn't working properly. If you haven't seen the message, it's probably not the fan.

If you're up to it (which it sounds like you are if you upgraded the ram yourself), open it up and look if the fan is spinning while the computer's running and also while you're in there dust out the computer, especially the cpu cooler and video card heatsink. While cleaning it out, look at the capacitors on the motherboard and/or video card to make sure they aren't leaking or bulging. A cap should be flat on top, it should not be "pointy" or rounded on top or leaking from the top or bottom. I've seen bad caps on a 4550 before, close to the cpu socket (between the rear ports and cpu), so make sure to look to be sure. You may have to remove the green "air duct" to be able to see the caps on the board.

Also, are you sure the problem is with the computer and not the monitor? It almost sounds like you might be having a problem with the backlighting on the monitor (assuming it's an lcd). Any chance of testing the monitor on another computer to be sure?

I suppose there's always the possibility of a a failing power supply as well. Sometimes when a power supply is flaky (power fluctuations, noise, etc) it can cause weird issues like BSODs among other things. It's possible that your power supply fan could have failed, and if the power supply is overheating it could be acting up.

Best wishes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-4550-monitor-brightens-darkens-tower-overheating.132728/
Relevancy 52.46%

hey... My computer switches on when i press the power button but no power is going to to the key board or mouse and there is no picture on the monitor........ this all started when i changed one of the settings on the F2(bios setting) and it switched off...... when i switch off the computer all fans are working all lights are working just no picture and power to mouse and key board. how do i undo what i have done. please help

A:computer tower ons.....no port workin .no picture on the monitor and key board not wo

Can you see the POST screen to enter back into the BIOS? You may need to go back in with the manual for the PC and make sure everything is properly set. If you used F2 to enter the BIOS, it should work, but you will need to make sure the display setting is supported. If you disable on board video, you will need to get a stand a lone video card to make the change.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-tower-ons-no-port-workin-no-picture-on-the-monitor-and-key-board-not-wo.1029960/
Relevancy 52.46%

My monitor (ViewSonic VA720) is set to turn off after 20 min in the WinXP Power Options Properties. The monitor goes into standby correctly, but will will oftentime not come back on after resuming. It will just show a black screen and the lights on the monitor indicate it's in standby. Pressing the power button on the monitor seems to have to effect. When turning it back on it will say signal out of range, and then go back into standby. My system is:

ABIT KX7 333R
AthlonXP 2200+
MSI 6600GT 128MB AGP (Driver 163.75)
Windows XP SP2

The only way to fix this is to reboot the machine, which is not always convenient. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:monitor says signal out of range when monitor comes out of standby

Refresh rate in display settings set to max
You may need to check any settings on the display itself too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-says-signal-out-of-range-when-monitor-comes-out-of-standby.663904/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey yeah I seemingly have a plethora of problems with adware and spyware which I would be glad to rid myself of if you guys could give it HJT - Matt a look and possibly help me out it'd be awesome ThanksSmurfLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS HJT - Matt system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exeC WINDOWS System gearsec exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common files WinTools WToolsS exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC WINDOWS WindowsUpd exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common files WinTools WToolsA exeC Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC PROGRA SOAPBE Hide acid exeC WINDOWS System joqcxlk exeC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exeC Program Files Common Files WinTools WSup exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Winamp winamp exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings matt macneil My Documents My Received Files HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www gocybersearch com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www gocybersearch com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchweb com searchbar htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchweb com searchbar htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http searchweb com passthrough index ht reference com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL http www gocybersearch com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http search windowenhancer com nph-WESea er wesearch kw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www websearch com ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchweb com searchbar htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchweb com searchbar htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http searchweb com searchbar htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http searchweb com searchbar htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search ieplugin com q cgi q sR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search windowenhancer com nph-WESea er wesearch kw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www searchalot com R - URLSearchHook no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - C PROGRA COMMON WinTools WToolsB dllO - BHO MxTargetObj Class - D-D - C - E - BF - C WINDOWS mxTarget dllO - BHO no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - C PROGRA COMMON WinTools WToolsB dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Pa amp nicware Pop-Up Stopper Pro - B E E - E - D - FD - B CCBD - C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Pro popuppro dllO - Toolbar Pop-Up Stopper amp Companion - F B A - D - B F-AF - B F - C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Companion popupus dllO - Toolbar Dictionary com - F A-B - D - A- F CF B - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files lexbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar BoneListSign - F EBA - F - F- ED - E AD A F - C PROGRA MAGSGL interhole dllO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysT... Read more

A:HJT - Matt

Click on start, settings, control panel and double-click on add/remove programs. From with add/remove program uninstall the following if they exist:Window SearchThen,You are infected with a variant of the CoolWebSearch.Download CWShredder from the below link and unzip it into a directory. Start CWShredder and click on the FIx button to have it remove all CWS infections it finds.Download CWShredder from:http://www.merijn.org/files/cwshredder.ziporhttp://tools.zerosrealm.com/CWShredder.zipAfter you download the program, unzip it into a directory. Make sure all browser windows are closed and double click on the cwshredder.exe to start the program. When the program is loaded click on the "Check for Update" button, and if it finds an new version it will download it. You should then double click on cwshredder.exe again and click on the "FIX" button (not the "Scan only" button) and let it scan your computer.To get the best results it is recommended that you run it in safe mode. Reboot windows and press F8 at boot/windows startup, usually right after the beep. Then select safe mode.A tutorial that goes over this process step by step can be found here:How to remove CoolWebSearch with CoolWeb ShredderOnce that is completed you should follow these steps in order to clean your computer of Malware which can include Viruses, Trojans, Worms, Spyware, Hijackers and DialersStep 1:Download Spybot and Adaware from the following locations and install them. You should run both programs and clean up what it finds. This is to gaurantee that you find the most malware you can installed on your computer.Before running the scans on both programs, it is mandatory that you update the programs. There are update options in each program when you run them.SpybotAd-awareIf you would like to learn more about how to use these two programs with the proper settings you can read the tutorials below:AD-AWARE - Using Ad-aware to remove Spyware/Hijackers from Your Computer.SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY - Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware from Your Computer.When you scan with both programs, fix everything that it finds.When you are done with the scan and fixing the items. Please continue with the next step.Step 2:It is important that you run Spybot and Adaware before you proceed with this step. Fixing enties with Hijackthis may leave behind unwanted files on your computer if the previous step was not done first.Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the backup/restore features.Download HijackThis from:HijackThisSave this file into the directory you made previously and then run the program. Click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save Log button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click on Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy.Create a reply to this post, and right click in message area and select paste to paste the log into the post.Someone will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries unless you understand what you are doing.To see a tutorial on using HijackThis you can click on the link below:HijackThis - Using HijackThis to Remove Spyware, Browser Hijackers, and Dialers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/1206/hjt-matt/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi
I only play Peggles and BejeweledTwist... but when I do my moves get ruined because my cursor sort of takes off in any direction. I think it's because I use my laptop on my lap in bed (I've been sick)

So do you think an anti-static matt would make it stop happening?

A:Hi, Do I need an anti-static matt?

Okay... let me ask this: Do you think an anti-static matt would help? (I also have trouble scrolling regular things... pages jump around as if I intended a major move of the cursor)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-do-i-need-an-anti-static-matt.934585/
Relevancy 50.74%

I first put this in SEARCH here but couldn t up setting scripts Matt's find anything helpful Only that nobody knew any free servers that allow cgi-scripts I have one of those netfirms com and someone else told me they had used it to set up script discussion boards on I ve also I think mastered the basics of ftp and after trying free ones and I know you don t really need one you can use your browser settled on WS ftp Before this setting up Matt's scripts I had used Angelfire Dreamwater etc that have build in uploading Angelfire does allow ftp and I have used that through my setting up Matt's scripts Coffee Cup html editor but couldn t seem to get it to work with netfirms And I think I need more than just uploading files for script boards I ve tried this several times I ve asked various places didn t know about this board at the time and about weeks ago gave up for the last time Well until now I ve read and reread the quot instructions quot that come with Matt s scripts and can t figure it out I ve read other instructions and tutorials and can t figure them out and they also seem different than the instructions for Matt s though some have been for the same script board I remember when I was learning to upload pictures and files to a website how complicated it seemed and I d try it over and over People would try and explain it and it seemed like a foreign language I downloaded the Matt s scripts because I ve heard they are easy to start with LOL and I like the format of how they look and work But haven t been able to find anyone who has actually set UP the one they are using or maybe doesn t want to bother trying to explain it to me or walk me through it step by step What I understand of it is You first have to set up directories on the server space And name them something I haven t read the directions in awhile so can t remember exactly what it says I think one was quot home quot and one quot messages quot Then configure the variables in the script This is where I m lost It gives examples and puts like quot your address quot in instead or something and says quot append this to where you put your main files quot or something I first thought append meant make a subdirectory but now know it means add it on to the end of the main file Which might be easier if I knew the exact wording of the main file I ve tried doing this but it hasn t been right Setting the chomd is something I think can be done with the ftp program There was something else one of the instructions said that had to be downloaded in order to go into the file once it s on the server Some of the directions told about this some didn t I figure it must be easier to go by the ones that don t LOL I have seen people ask about this on other help boards and say quot can someone walk me through this step by step in a simple way quot So far I ve not seen anyone do this I could copy the directions for Maybe the instructions and tutorials available ARE simple And I m just not understanding them correctly I had thought one got the script and put a few changes address and uploaded it all to the cgi-bin file the webspace provided But that doesn t seem to be it I have asked people I know and some have said quot I know how to do it but I couldn t explain it quot But they must have learned it in the first place Someone must have helped them understand it to start I had given up on the whole thing at least for now but after seeing what smart helpful people are on this board I m going to try again I also don t think the free servers give much space and discussion boards must use a lot if a lot post on them Eventually I hope to get my own space but want to learn how to set up a board FIRST since I m on a limited budget Don t want to pay for it and then not be able to do it Thanks Carrie nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

My friend has a SBC DSL internet, and two computers connected to the router. One working fine, another lose singal after few minutes, or few opened web sites (!!!) I checked possible viruses, spyware, adware, everything is clean. Look like system need to be reinstalling. What could be reason of this 'behavior'. All help will be welcome.

A:After few minutes signal lost...

infinite number of possibilities heres one to try first

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283165

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-few-minutes-signal-lost.415631/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm looking for ideas on how to re-connect my home wireless signal to my computer. The wireless signal is strong and the other computers in my house will connect with no issues. My computer connected with no problems to my wireless signal at work. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on a Lenovo Idea Pad Win7 PC. The computer was connecting yesterday and then was shut down. The next time I got on, ,it wouldn't connect. I've tried re-establishing the network as a new network, but it says the network already exists. The profile is the same as our other computers and nothing has been changed there. When I disconnect from the wireless signal and ask to re-connect it says that the it is trying to connect, but can't make the connection. I'm looking for any way to re-build the profile so it will connect and work again.

A:Lost Wireless Signal

Go to start type in CMD locate CMD.ese right click on it then select "Run As Administrator" at the command prompt type in each then hit enter.

Ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /all

post all contents for ipconfig /all here.

Also go to control panel>Network and Sharing>Left hand side select on "Manage Wireless Connections" Delete all wireless networks except the one you are trying to connect to by SSID name. Click ok.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/lost-wireless-signal-639865.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am an employee of Orange County in California.
We have reecently purchased and set up 25 wireless stations in one room and 13 in another room nearby with 2 Rangemax routers and 2 seperate Wireless networks with Static IPs for each of the workstations.
I keep losing connectivity on various PCs, and often get a Blue Screen of death when trying to re-establish the connection.
We have a training environment and need solid connectivity.
Please help, ASAP.
Paul

A:Wireless signal lost

The channels used by the two routers differ by at least 5?

Any 2.4Ghz cordless phones (they interfere)?

If you need solid connectivity you need ethernet. 25 computers connected wirelessly to one network are going to be a constant challenge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-signal-lost.570812/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a wireless ubee modem. I have had it for a will now and it has worked great up until yesterday. I can't find my wireless signal for my internet. I can hook up the usb port and get the internet just fine, but when I turn to wireless I can't even find my wireless signal name to hook up. I know my laptop is still getting signals because my modem is still finding my neighbors signals. Please help!!!

A:Lost My Internet Signal

Are you using someone else internet service via WiFi? If your now they power cycle the internet modem and your wireless laptop. Power cycle means reboot them or power them down then power them up. Internet modem can be reset but you would need to call your ISP and let them send a signal to hit the box (reset it) or walk you through the steps to do it on your end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-my-internet-signal.194378/
Relevancy 50.31%

could you help? every time i watch videos on full screen after a couple minitues i get a no signal from the monitor i can still hear the sound only way i have found is to reboot escape does nothing i have tried checking (windows update) for drivers but i am up to date it seems and i have no clue as to what i am doing (sorry) and thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/198087-lost-signal-still-have-sound.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 49.88%

i posted this question before and still havn,t got any where

when playing matt hoffman

it is fine using the buttons for differant tricks

except nomatter what button i configure to make the bike grind
or configure a button for grind on a joystick

it keeps switching straight back to the desktop

so then have to keep reloading it from start/ programmes
the graphs are fine the sounds fine every part of the game no trouble just when i press a button for grind

pent 11
128mb ram
8.5gb maxtor hdd
8mb diamond monster fusion agp /voodoo banshee
sound blaster 128

its getting right up my efing nose

many thanks BLUEFLASH

if you dont know ASKClick to expand...

A:matt hoffman reverts to desktop

Does it just minimize it to the taskbar or does it shut it down entirely? What is the keyboard equivelent to what you are trying to code the button for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/matt-hoffman-reverts-to-desktop.85503/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello and thankyou in advanceIm having a lot of trouble on this computer with spyware expecially with elitum elite bar but i am also having many other troubles i keep getting spyware on my computer for no reason and in addition when i start up my computer i ALWAYS get these disgusting porn popups and no matter what i do it cannot be fixed BIG -- PROBS COMP NEED HELP SPYWARE ON MATT - HJT ive run both adaware and spybot S amp D both updated and both using the steps provided at this site -- http www wilderssecurity com showthread php t I am using Trend Micro Antivirus softwareim going to post my hijack this log now and i hope that you guys can fix my comp P S PLEASE NOTE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME USING HIJACKTHIS IN A LONG TIME AND I DID NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS I DOWNLOADED IT THEN MADE THE LOG SO IF THERES ANYTHING ELSE I MUST DO PLEASE TELL MELogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost HJT - MATT -- BIG SPYWARE PROBS ON COMP NEED HELP exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security Tmntsrv exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security tmproxy exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security PccPfw exeC WINDOWS System svchosets exeC Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia connmngmntbox exec windows system qpalsp HJT - MATT -- BIG SPYWARE PROBS ON COMP NEED HELP palsp exeC Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia ectaskscheduler exeC Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRunTime mRouterRuntim e exeC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT Elogerr exeC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT BROADC EXEc windows system qpalsp wshield exeC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT SCRFS exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings Matthew My Documents hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch res C PROGRA Toolbar toolbar dll saR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch res C PROGRA Toolbar toolbar dll saR - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO no name - CAEFF - F - -B - D BD ABC - C WINDOWS EliteToolBar EliteToolBar version dll file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Toolbar amp EliteBar - CF BD- - -B - C C CA DEF - C WINDOWS EliteToolBar EliteToolBar version dll file missing O - HKLM Run Start It Upping svchosets exeO - HKLM Run Installs SP c windows system qpalsp repcale exe c windows system qpalsp palsp exeO - HKLM RunServices ati control panel atiphexx exeO - HKLM RunServices Start It Upping svchosets exeO - HKLM RunServices Microsoft WinUpdate syswin exeO - HKLM RunServices dfix dxet exeO - HKLM RunServices SP data c windows system winstat repcale exe c windows system winstat apc exeO - HKLM RunServices Installs SP c windows system qpalsp repcale exe c windows system qpalsp palsp exeO - HKCU Run Start It Upping svchosets exeO - HKCU Run Installs SP c windows system qpalsp repcale exe c windows system qpalsp palsp exeO - HKCU RunServices dfix dxet exeO - HKCU RunServices SP data c windows system winstat repcale exe c windows system winstat apc exeO - HKCU RunServices Installs SP c windows system qpalsp repcale exe c windows system qpalsp palsp exeO - Startup NextOffice lnk C Program Files NextOffice program quickstart exeO - Global Startup PCSuiteForNokia Detect lnk O - Global Startup PCSuiteForNokia TS lnk O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - DPF C F - E - ADA-A E-F BF D F CR Loader Object - http www miniclip com platypus miniclipGameLoader dllO - DPF A - B - A B-AEDC-CF BA CEBE Installer Class - http www ysbweb com ist softwares ysb regular cabO - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub ash swflash cab B Please Note Spyboy S amp D as well as Adaware... Read more

A:HJT - MATT -- BIG SPYWARE PROBS ON COMP NEED HELP

Hi i just realised i was using an old version of HijackThis so here is the new log:Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2Scan saved at 3:17:20 PM, on 23/10/2004Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\Tmntsrv.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\tmproxy.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\PccPfw.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchosets.exeC:\Program Files\Nokia\PC Suite for Nokia 6600\connmngmntbox.exec:\windows\system32\qpalsp\palsp.exeC:\Program Files\Nokia\PC Suite for Nokia 6600\ectaskscheduler.exeC:\Program Files\Intuwave\Shared\mRouterRunTime\mRouterRuntim e.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\PCSUIT~1\Elogerr.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\PCSUIT~1\BROADC~1.EXEc:\windows\system32\qpalsp\wshield.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\PCSUIT~1\SCRFS.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exeC:\WINDOWS\explorer.exec:\windows\system32\qpalsp\alte.exec:\windows\system32\qpalsp\alte.exec:\windows\system32\qpalsp\alte.exec:\windows\system32\qpalsp\alte.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\My Documents\hijackhis2\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,CustomizeSearch = res://C:\PROGRA~1\Toolbar\toolbar.dll/saR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = res://C:\PROGRA~1\Toolbar\toolbar.dll/saR3 - Default URLSearchHook is missingO2 - BHO: &EliteBar - {28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC} - C:\WINDOWS\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 53.dll (file missing)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dllO3 - Toolbar: &EliteBar - {825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF} - C:\WINDOWS\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 53.dll (file missing)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Start It Upping] svchosets.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Installs SP2] c:\windows\system32\qpalsp\repcale.exe c:\windows\system32\qpalsp\palsp.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ati control panel] atiphexx.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Start It Upping] svchosets.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft WinUpdate] syswin32.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [dfix] dxet.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SP2 data] c:\windows\system32\winstat\repcale.exe c:\windows\system32\winstat\apc.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Installs SP2] c:\windows\system32\qpalsp\repcale.exe c:\windows\system32\qpalsp\palsp.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Start It Upping] svchosets.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Installs SP2] c:\windows\system32\qpalsp\repcale.exe c:\windows\system32\qpalsp\palsp.exeO4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [dfix] dxet.exeO4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [SP2 data] c:\windows\system32\winstat\repcale.exe c:\windows\system32\winstat\apc.exeO4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Installs SP2] c:\windows\system32\qpalsp\repcale.exe c:\windows\system32\qpalsp\palsp.exeO4 - Startup: NextOffice 8.2.lnk = C:\Program Files&... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/3845/hjt-matt-big-spyware-probs-on-comp-need-help/
Relevancy 49.88%

I took a photo the other day and it will not allow me to delete it (I cannot even highlight it).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/Cannot-delete-photo-from-Sprout-matt/td-p/5732266
Relevancy 49.88%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service WiFi Solved: Lost signal Pack bit Processor Intel R Core Solved: Lost WiFi signal TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc P H Antivirus ThreatTrack Security VIPRE Updated and Enabled I am using a Dell Studio Laptop computer Model No PP L I have AT amp T DSL using a Netgear wireless modem router I shut down my computers at night and turn them on in the morning My problem is that one day my wireless internet to the laptop was working and the next day no internet I checked for WiFi signals in connect to and there were none listed Diagnosis indicated that wireless capability is turned off The switch was verified to be in the on position Device Manager Network Adapters indicates that the Intel WiFi Link is working properly I also have a desktop computer that connects to the internet via the same wireless modem router and it is working nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

HELP
Dell Latitude laptop with Netgear WG511v2 54 Mbps wireless PC card #2.
I had no problem connecting to the internet @ LaQuinta hotel last week. Now that I am at my friends residence, I am able to connect sometimes through the linksys network and access the internet, but it continuously disconnects and reads "Unable to connect to wireless network", "Windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks. Windows will keep trying to connect. To see a list of all networks, click this message." I can then right-click on the computer connection icon and it indicates"Wireless Connection 3 -Connected but with no signal and then it goes to "This page cannot be displayed". Is the signal strength the problem? What must be done to keep connected?

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 49.88%

lost video moniter goes to sleep will not come back up with reboot. computer fans are running but no video. video card is ati radeon hd 4200.

A:lost video signal in hp6616f-b

Can you start up the notebook in safe mode (F8)?

If not, you may have a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/238039-lost-video-signal-hp6616f-b.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to retrieve some old info from my old tower. Is it possible to hook the old tower to the new one and use it as a big memory bank? And if so, how do I do it?

A:Hooking old tower to new tower to retrieve old programs

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-old-tower-to-new-tower-to-retrieve-old-programs.613660/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys been running win 7 virtually flawlessly since the beta phases. I got a cooling pad for my laptop yesterday and I noticed when the computer is in standby the cooling pad will stay on, but the USB mouse receiver will turn off. I have already tried to find a solution through the device manager but this was already checked
Its really annoying to have to unplug it whenever I put my lappy into standby.

A:Stop power to USB chill matt when on standby

Hello, Welcome to the Forums!
Try going into advanced power options and setting the USB settings. You probably already know how, but I have included a screenshot.

Make sure the USB suspend setting is set to Enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/47062-stop-power-usb-chill-matt-when-standby.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there,
I run a small server based network for my home and office.
We use roaming profiles and home directory.

A few days after I had set the network up, I think I managed to slightly muck up ll the users and groups (or something.) Because I was no longer able to access any of the user profiles (even though they load on login), and folders like the system volume information folder.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/619441-member.html
Once these were sorted, for just one day I was allowed back into these folders (using the administrator account.) The next morning I came back in (I had'nt touched anything on the server, logged of or anything) and I was receive the access denied message again!!

Any ideas what I could do please??

(p.s this message comes up both locally on the server, and while trying to access it via the network share.)
Many Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-usrprof-matt-is-not-accessiable-access-is-denied.623747/
Relevancy 49.45%

I installed Windows Ultimate on New Videao First Lost after Signal during Boot Install my system yesterday via my external USB Hard-Drive and am having an issue with what I am assuming is a Video Card-related issue The reason I make this assumption is because I have run into the loss of video signal after Windows Logo in XP a couple times before on my old system and this one as well - which only required for me to boot into Safe Mode and install the latest or an updated driver This is my setup Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor RAM MB Graphics Card XFX Videao Signal Lost during First Boot after New Install NVIDIA GeForce GX MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M N PRO XX MS C B When the system attempts it s first initial boot after the Install to finalize Setup it get to the Windows Logo and loads The screen flashes blue a few times then finally my monitor loses video signal LED light on front of monitor turns from green to amber This is what I have attempted to troubleshoot the issue -Tried two other monitors same issue -Tried booting into all forms of Safe Mode receive error quot Setup cannot continue in Safe Mode quot then quot Restart computer to continue Setup quot -I assumed it was an issue related to possibly not having drivers installed for my video card Attempted to install from Windows Setup Driver Loader that was found on the Partition Screen when you initially install the OS both the latest and a few older drivers from the Official NVIDIA site and the latest from the XFX website received error Loaded up the Windows Setup Tool opened the Driver Installer and receive this error quot The NVIDIA GeForce GX F DRIVERS desktop win winvista bit international whql Display Driver NV DISP INF device driver could not be installed Contact your vendor for an updated driver quot Driver version changes of course with each one that I try -My video card has DVI ports so I cannot attempt VGA which has been a possible solution on other websites nor does my motherboard even have a port period for video output I honestly don t know what else I can do I have contacted XFX via their support system and they have been useless so far Their response was run quot Driver Sweeper quot in Safe Mode which I have tried to explain to them I am unable to even get into Safe Mode Any ideas nbsp

A:Videao Signal Lost during First Boot after New Install

Is your card "DVI-I"? If so, try a "DVI to VGA adapter"

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-DVI-Cable-Adapter-DVIVGAMF/dp/B000067SOH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/videao-signal-lost-during-first-boot-after-new-install.984879/
Relevancy 49.45%

In the last few days I have experienced a serious problem that is preventing me to use my desktop pc The computer is an Acer Aspire AX running Windows bit with Intel i processor Gb RAM and NVIDIA GT graphic card This is what has been happening when I boot the pc both in normal and safe GT and NVIDIA signal 320 shuts bit Video with Win pc down on 7 64 lost mode everything works fine for a few minutes then the monitor suddenly loses the video signal and there is no way to get it back without rebooting Sometimes the Video signal lost and pc shuts down on Win 7 64 bit with NVIDIA GT 320 pc shuts down too after the video signal loss sometimes not I have Teamviewer installed on my desktop pc Video signal lost and pc shuts down on Win 7 64 bit with NVIDIA GT 320 and connecting with a notebook I have realized that the pc is still working fine when it did not shut down after the video signal loss The longer I leave the pc switched off the longer the video signal stays on but never more than - minutes I have googled a lot to try to figure out what the problem may be and find a solution but with no luck so far However I reckon the problem could have something to do with a recent driver update of my GT card Indeed last Sunday I installed the trial version of Adobe CS Master Collection and when running Premiere Pro for the first time it asked me to update the graphic card driver in order to use CUDA I did so via Nvidia website and installed the driver that was suggested the version The update was or appeared to be successful but after rebooting the pc the problem with the video signal started There was no way to use a restore point because none was old enough so I have installed an older version of the grdriver but it did not solve the problem My last attempt this morning was to install the latest version of the graphic card driver - the version - but the installation fails I have also tried to perform a fresh install of the driver following some advice found online but whenever I try to perform all the operations suggested the pc shuts down I'm quite clueless and frustrated now and before I do anything else I am wondering if anyone can give some advice Thanks in advance

A:Video signal lost and pc shuts down on Win 7 64 bit with NVIDIA GT 320

Quote: Originally Posted by simorame

In the last few days I have experienced a serious problem that is preventing me to use my desktop pc. The computer is an Acer Aspire AX3900 running Windows 7 64 bit with Intel i5 processor, 6 Gb RAM and NVIDIA GT 320 graphic card.

This is what has been happening: when I boot the pc, both in normal and safe mode, everything works fine for a few minutes, then the monitor suddenly loses the video signal and there is no way to get it back without rebooting. Sometimes the pc shuts down too after the video signal loss, sometimes not. I have Teamviewer installed on my desktop pc and connecting with a notebook I have realized that the pc is still working fine when it did not shut down after the video signal loss. The longer I leave the pc switched off, the longer the video signal stays on, but never more than 5-6 minutes.

I have googled a lot to try to figure out what the problem may be and find a solution, but with no luck so far. However, I reckon the problem could have something to do with a recent driver update of my GT 320 card. Indeed, last Sunday I installed the trial version of Adobe CS 5.5 Master Collection and when running Premiere Pro for the first time it asked me to update the graphic card driver in order to use CUDA. I did so via Nvidia website and installed the driver that was suggested: the 270.61 version. The update was, or appeared to be, successful but after rebooting the pc the problem with the video signal started.

There was no way to use a restore point, because none was old enough, so I have installed an older version of the grdriver but it did not solve the problem. My last attempt, this morning, was to install the latest version of the graphic card driver - the 275.33 version - but the installation fails. I have also tried to perform a fresh install of the driver, following some advice found online, but whenever I try to perform all the operations suggested the pc shuts down.

I'm quite clueless and frustrated now, and before I do anything else I am wondering if anyone can give some advice. Thanks in advance.

Here's what to do, boot the pc up, and go to device manager, find your graphics card and uninstall (if it let's you delete the old driver then do it), reboot and let the driver install on it's own. Now after that's done, confirm the driver works and keeps the display on, if it works then update your graphics driver using the geforce drivers(not the cuda), and restart. Hopefully it should be sorted

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/166780-video-signal-lost-pc-shuts-down-win-7-64-bit-nvidia-gt-320-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

When booting up into Windows 7 (64 bit) my monitor stops showing video either right after the initial start up screens or if it survives that it may last a few minutes before. When it does it says signal lost and going into sleep mode and I can't get it to wake up from that.

I've tried hooking up to my tv and still the same problem happens so I'm sure it's not the monitor...it will randomly boot up - sometimes it won't let me get into windows, sometimes not. But even if it does, it doesn't last long.

This started only recently so I wonder if maybe there was an update that caused this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Win 7 -Video signal lost at bootup or shortly after

Have you tried booting into safe mode? Does the problem happen still?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162736-win-7-video-signal-lost-bootup-shortly-after.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I have an acer g24 monitor.

If I were to place a matt anti glare layer over my glossy screen, would that effect how good games looked on the screen.

Thanks.

A:Matt anti glare layer on acer g24 screen.

Anyone got any advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/matt-anti-glare-layer-on-acer-g24-screen.870437/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I never really had an issue with my computer till about days ago when the video signal was randomly lost and the USB ports working lost randomly, USB stops signal Video stopped functioning halfway through a video All these happened while the computer was still running and everything seems fine in there The only way to get it back running again would be to hard reset it and even then the problem will just surface at random points in time particularly as soon as windows boots up Booting into safe mode seems to not surface the issue and I have already downloaded the latest drivers for everything else Can anyone point me as to what may be causing it I have read that it may be the RAM GPU or PSU My bet will be on my year old Sapphire Radeon HD failing but I don't want to replace it till I'm sure that's the only problem that needs to be fixed Your quick responses are greatly appreciated Setup Mobo Asus H -PLUS GPU Sapphire Radeon Video signal lost randomly, USB stops working HD PSU Thermaltake W RAM GB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401670-video-signal-lost-randomly-usb-stops-working.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So I never really had an issue with my computer till about days ago when the video signal was randomly lost and the USB ports stopped functioning halfway through a video All these happened while the computer was still running and everything seems fine in there The only way to get it back running again would be to USB signal working randomly, stops Video lost hard reset it and even then the problem will just surface at random points in time particularly as soon as windows boots up Booting into safe mode seems to not surface the issue and I have already downloaded the latest drivers for everything else Can anyone point me as to what may be causing it I have read that it may be the RAM GPU or PSU My bet will be on my year old Sapphire Radeon HD failing but I don't want to replace it till I'm sure that's the only problem that needs to be fixed Your quick responses are greatly appreciated Setup Mobo Asus H -PLUS GPU Sapphire Radeon HD PSU Thermaltake W RAM GB

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/401670-video-signal-lost-randomly-usb-stops-working.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So at my friend s house whenever it rains or bad cloudy day there is no WiFi signal sending from main floor to nd floor So I recommend them to install a Linksys RE range extender to boost the signal on the existing Linksys AC unit and the setup of that extender is wacky It somehow works after a while but w o the GHz band But the other day when they re-plug and good what's signal doesn't day during booster signal & WiFi rainy the work, signal extender? no in that extender there is no signal even on a sunny no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? day So today no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? I try to help them to re-initialize that RE by going thru the instruction totally no signal on a sunny day Now assuming it s a defective DOA unit is there some range extender that is high quality And has a nice and simple setup software just in case pushing the WPS button doesn t work And more importantly should we unplug the extender when you don t use it Or are you suppose to always leave it plug in If you unplug it would you lost all the setting on that extender nbsp

A:no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender?

Ouch!
Use a wire. Extend WiFi via remotely placed access points.

https://hardforum.com/threads/no-wifi-signal-during-rainy-day-and-signal-booster-doesnt-work-whats-the-good-signal-extender.1904091/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey.

So I connected my main monitor onto my graphics card, and my second monitor onto my Mobo's white plug thingy. My main monitor is working perfectly fine with a VGA converter to the white one.

I want an extended screen but I dunno what I'm doing wrong, please help ;~;

A:Second Monitor - No Signal

hi you need to hook both monitors the graphics card. usually the motherboard graphics gets disabled when a graphics card is installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/395026-second-monitor-no-signal.html
Relevancy 48.59%

my computer was working fine but the next day I boot up and no sgnal to monitor. tried changing everything but memory and cpu. I have a p4t533-c asus motherboard. any suggestions

A:no signal to monitor

the last time you used it did windows shut down properlY?
you might have had the power supply gone bad..not the whole power supply just the cable connected to video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-to-monitor.45142/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi i have a acer home computer running vista.

I Was watching TV on it last night using Windows Media center, pressed the standby button on the remote and then turned it on this morning to find the monitor had no signal.

i have checked cables power etc. I tried another monitor too and still nothing!

I am not aware of any updates and there has been no software recently installed either.

Is there some way to factory reset it without a display?
thanks in advance

A:No signal to monitor

seems to be lots of peeps jumping ontop of new posts all the time but stiil no help for me?? mmm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-to-monitor.874032/
Relevancy 48.59%

My problem is that I have an ASROCK K7VT4A+ mobo and an AMD Sempron 2600 cpu from which i get no signal from the agp.

I have an LC235 atx 240W psu in the tower and a 64MB agp graphics card.

Could it be either the psu is not powerful enough for the mobo or the agp port which is goosed (I hope not)?.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have the problem that my monitor sometimes does not recieve a signal It appears that the computer has powered up and i can hear the PC working and all the mouse and keyboard lights are up and running I have switched monitors and sometimes the second monitor will work fine sometimes not Sometimes rebooting works sometimes not I haven t changed the system physically in any way eg added RAM etc I removed the extra cards and vaccummed them Thought i had solved the issue But now a month later it has started happening again I suppose i would like to deal with this situation whilst i can still use the computer and access the internet and before it stops maybe completely I did hear i think one long peep on booting up It Monitor- be seems PC no to signal, going just caught me by suprise and sounded different than normal Oh and when my Monitor- no signal, PC seems to be going daughter was using it the other day it just blanked out and there was no signal Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I've just replaced my graphics card with a new one of course like an ***** I didn't install the driver first so the monitor is giving me "no signal"; however, the following morning the monitor comes on with no problems. I install the driver and reboot my computer and get no signal again. What went wrong really need help on this ASAP.

A:No Signal on monitor

what video card and what driver?

Go to control panel -> administrative tools -> Event viewer

Pull up last few warnings get Event ID's and sources -> go to www.eventid.net type in the event ID and source and it sometimes will tell you if its an incompatible driver and what version you need. I needed catalyst 7.6 to be compatible with my monitor on my last computer, I had 7.7 and it would not return from sleep mode.

In most cases I have seen it is almost always a compatibility issue between the drivers and your hardware, not always just your graphics card or chipset.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-on-monitor.96948/
Relevancy 48.59%

I ve just done a new build which consists of Asus P H -M x gb Corsair RAM Intel i Win Power Plus w PSU ATI Radeon HD signal to No monitor I put all the pieces in place but I get no signal to the monitor I ve tried removing each component No signal to monitor one by one until I am left with only the CPU but still the error continues I ve tried the onboard graphics when the GPU isn t connected but it still happens I ve tried using the PSU from my other machine but it still happens I ve tried assembling it outside of the case but it still happens What could it possibly be I ve reset the CMOS reseated the RAM and CPU but nothing helps I ve also tried unplugging the power and holding the front power switch on for seconds but to no avail I ve never even heard of the PSU brand so I think it might be a problem with the quality of that It was so yeah not great quality There is no beeping although I m not sure if the motherboard even has a beeper Thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, my little sister discovered this morning that the monitor wouldn't show any picture when she turned the computer on, so i tried to fix it.

Here's what i tried:

Cleaning the computer
Changing the graphics card
Tried another screen (with the old and new graphic card)
If you need more information, just tell me!

Relevancy 48.59%

I have Nvidia GTS s SLI together that have developed some sort of problem About half the time I boot the computer they don't send a signal to the monitor If I unplug the connector and plug into a different port on one of the card it works fine until the to No monitor signal next time I reboot and I have to move it again This happens sometimes after I've left the computer running not being used for a long period of time Here again the same fix works I've had this computer for about a year now but this problem has just started although I've noticed for quite awhile that I didn't see the bios screen at a start up I've done the normal stuff Upgraded to the latest drivers removed the cards and cleaned the contacts and made sure No signal to monitor the computer was dust free and had plenty of air incase it was an overheating problem Still does the same When I move the HDMI connector to a different port it works fine for as long as I'm actually using the computer Anyone have any ideas

Hey there,

I posted this on a similar thread:

"...Would you happen to have your TV or secondary monitor hooked up to your computer? When my TV is hooked up, occasionally the desktop goes over to the TV and leaves me with a blank monitor. I still hear the logon chimes and whatnot, but no logon screen. Maybe hit Windows key + P several times to see if you can't get it to switch desktops?"

Hope this helps!

Heather

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/141737-no-signal-monitor.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Greetings I ve had my computer for about years now and it s been working without monitor to signal No fault untill recently A few days ago i turned it on only to get a quot No signal to monitor quot message on the screen before the monitor went into power-saving mode I read various articles and tried reshuffling my RAM and reconnecting my moba vires nothing worked untill u tried resetting the CMOS battery No signal to monitor This made the comuter work fine again untill i restarted it then i got the same problem again Then i tried starting it without the CMOS battery in it at all something that worked just fine a couple of boots then the same issue occured Now it boots fine occasionally but most of the time i get the no signal message Resetting the CMOS battery no longer works apparently I know it boots fine as my speakers play the startup sound skypes innitial sound and i can find it in my network using my laptop When it boots it works peferctly untill i turn it off then i get the no signal again if it s in a foul mood My specs XFX Geforce GT Intel Core Duo E Epsilon Powersupply x Crucial DDR PC GB MSI P NEO-F Motherboard I d love to exchange whatever part that causes this issue it s just that i m clueless as to which one since it works perfectly now and then Regards - Tord nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Now i know this thread has been made before but my situation is slightly different see about months ago my BIOS crapped out and so i ordered a new one when it arrived i popped the old one out and put the new one in no problems thus far So i switch on my PC and all of the fans start and i look up at the monitor and it gives me the no signal to monitor Signal the No sign it doesnt say it but theres this thing on the screen that basically suggests that and it happens everytime the monitor goes off So I m thinking that its either a faulty bios the wrong bios or my CPU Mobo is broken So heres what i know -The PSU is OK b c i was using it in another pc prior -The RAM is fine for the same reason its been used in another pc and both sticks of DDR are OK -Ive reset the CMOS -Unplugged monitor plugged back in -Took out everything except the motherboard and put it back in -Re-Applied thermal paste -Did the whole turn off the PSU and hold down the button for secs and stil nuthin Any help is appreciated My SPECS- - watt SunTec PSU -AMD Sempron GhZ i think - GB of ram x Mb -Ati X XTX MB -Mobo is First International Computer K MC GLF and yeah i m upgrading soon anyway b c that Card doesnt belong with such No Signal to the monitor a crappy system Thanks nbsp

A:No Signal to the monitor

Come on guyz please =(

(sry for DP)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-to-the-monitor.111204/
Relevancy 48.59%

I've just built a system with ASUS P5B deluxe mboard, core 2 duo 6400 and an EVGA GeForce 7950 GT KO video card

I've tried 3 monitors, can't get a signal to them...

any ideas?

thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

One day i get up and try to use the computer. I get a no signal floating from my monitor even though i still hear the post beeps my computer beeps after it sucessfully boots up. I reset my computer several times to no avail. I try reseating my graphics card and nothing. I take out the graphics card and try to boot with onboard graphics. I see the normal boot up text and beeps, but after that, the screen is just black. I borrow a graphics card from a friend and it goes back to the no signal onscreen. What should i do? is it a bad mobo or a bad grapchics card? or is it something else entirely? Thanks for your help in advance

A:No signal from monitor

Have you checked your cable? Check the pins arent bent or out of place as this maybe you problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-from-monitor.944771/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just got ge force 6600 agp 8x replacing 4 mx agp 8x and i replace the video cards but monitor does not pick up signal ... the fan on video card works so there is power.

does it need more power ?

if I but back 4mx it works just fine

A:No signal on Monitor help

It sounds like you didn't uninstall the old video driver and install a new driver for the new card. Also, be sure to connect the additional power connector to the new card if it requires one.

If you've done all that, then your power supply might be the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-on-monitor-help.38392/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi and thanks for taking the time to help if you can Monitor Signal No A couple days ago I went away from my computer and when I came back my monitor wasn t working It displayed a no signal message I have No Signal Monitor an add-on on video card so I tried hooking the monitor to the onboard video and everything worked The computer boots up fine and works great otherwise My setup is below So stupid me thinking it s the video card goes out and buys a brand new card today Installed it and the same thing happens No signal Hook the monitor back to the onboard video and everything displays fine The new add-on on card was warm to the touch though so I suspect it was getting power When I boot up the computer there are faint beeps can hardly hear them One short one longer one short Beep beeeeep beep Here is my setup --- E-machines T- AMD Athlon Processor nForce Motherboard GB RAM GB HDD NVIDIA GeForce PCI-E one-slot available NVIDIA GeForce onboard video PSU W Monitor - Acer AL quot LCD x hz refresh rate --- nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I recently bught a 1GB memory of RAM for my PC.

I went to a website and it did a system check and told me what RAM I need. I got one (DDR2 3400) off the net, and plugged it in.

I have 512 mb instlaled so I wanted an extra 1GB with 3 spare memory slots (4GB in RAM in total available)

When the RAM is connected the monitor doesnt recieve a signal - but when i take the new RAM out the computer works fine?

I have read that problems could be with power supply. Is their anyway of getting it working, or will i need to get a different sort of RAM?

Thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

I turn on my computer but monitor says no signal
All the lights are on but it looks like the cp it is not booting.
I tested the monitor in other Cp and it works
How can fix it?

Relevancy 48.59%

I have widows xp and when my son turned on his pc today it said no signal going to sleep. I put the monitor on another pc and it works fine. So I then took out the video card that I put in a year ago (it has an intergrated one in the mother board also) and the monitor does the the same thing I don't know what to check next if it's not the monitor or the video card. Any suggestions? I am a single mother of 3 with a limited income so I would like to figure it out myself with help here rather. Thanks all....

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, im trying to build a new computer and bought all new parts. Here are the specs.

D925XCV intel motherboard - light turns on so i think it works
intel 3.6 gig p4 processor 650 - cant really tell
2 ddr 2 ram from ocztech - i first thought this didnt work so i returned it to the factory and they sent it back, so i think it should work
3 harddrives - has the old data from the old computer
asus ax700 pro video card express pci slot - i think this is the problem

heres my problem when i plug in everything, it turns on and everything. The
monitor has no signal and doesnt turn on even though i connected it to the video card. The fan on the video card works however. Anyone help me out?

A:No signal on monitor, please help

Welcome to Techspot !
That looks like it could be a very cool machine .
Have you double checked all your connections ,cleaned terminal with an eraser, etc.?
Try new power and data cables to the monitor?
Can you test the monitor on another machine?
Can you test the card on another machine ? a lot of retailers can do this for free.
I notice the card has a DVI and an Analogue terminal.You should be trying both terminals .It might also be better to disconnect you HDD 's while you are trouble shooting .All you want to do is get to BIOs setup for now .
Ati does list having a problem ' No screen image with DVI and flat panel' but I am not sure that involves you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-on-monitor-please-help.19674/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys thak you for your help in advance,

basically i have upgraded my motherboard from Pentium 3 to Pentium 4
and also upgraded Ram, when i switch it on everything works ( Sounds ) fine HDD is working, DVD and CD-RW drive is also working but i am not able to see anything on my Monitor, i have used that TFT Monitor before and have also checked it with my friends one and works fine.

But when i connect it to that port for Vga which normally on themotherboard its just says no signal why'???

Anyway the motherboard is new ( bought it on ebay )

here are the specs of that motherboard

http://nordic.kontron.com/index.php?id=226&cat=63&productid=1235&source=Searchengine

A:I am Getting no Signal on my Monitor

Check the monitor cable and make sure it is not damaged. Very often the reason for most connection problems are faulty cables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-getting-no-signal-on-my-monitor.81329/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer specs are as follows gb DDR corsair RAM Intel i ghz gb HD watt modular PSU nVidia GTX s running in SLI The issue I m having is my monitor is signal no SLI 260 in GTX monitor getting to not receiving a signal from the graphics card which leads me to think that the gpu is damaged However the power to the gpu itself is working fine I have also tried taking the cards out of SLI and just using them separately including swapping the cards places Nothing I then GTX 260 in SLI getting no signal to monitor tried removing components that may directly effect the gpu such as the ram and other peripherals I cleaned and inspected each and replaced them into their slots still no luck The only thing I have not done is remove the CPU or use compressed air to clean out the pci-e slot I will be trying the compressed air however I don t see it as a likely solution so I am posting for some help The reason I believe that it may be an issue other that my graphics is because I would think it likely that both my graphics cards would fail at the same time especially when the computer was running just fine minuets before the monitor lost signal and powered off I ve tried various other small things such as remove the battery from the mobo switch dvi cables all connections tight on my modular PSU I have had similar issues in the past however they seemed to fix themselves faster than I was able to troubleshoot the problem So it may still work on its own however unlikely Or I have a faulty component either my mobo or gpu I believe are the most likely If anyone has any insight into my problem please post I m not here asking for the solution rather to brainstorm ideas that may lead to one Thanks for the help nbsp

A:GTX 260 in SLI getting no signal to monitor

Have you tried switching out the monitor? Maybe its the monitor and not the computer it self. Can not hurt to try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-260-in-sli-getting-no-signal-to-monitor.183511/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there My computer has been working fine until this morning when it froze shortly after logging into Windows mouse keyboard unresponsive and frozen display etc I switched the computer off and on again and from this point my monitor has been displaying a no signal message when the machine is powered on I ve tried running it without external usb devices and the same thing happens All lights inside and outside the machine are behaving normally as are fans All cables are in properly cable into back of monitor was loose but the problem persisted after tightening it The computer doesnt beep when turned on but as far as I recall it never did anyway My graphics card gts is only a year old and never overheats and has plenty of power Unfortunately I have no spare components to swap in to test Any suggestions I ve just started a new uni course so this couldn t have come at a worse time Any advice extremely gratefully received Steve nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Alright so it worked when I left to go pay a bill. Come back and it has no signal. I tried the PC on my TV to see if it worked and it does no problem, so I know the PC is not at fault. Tried a DVI cable and a VGA. Tried restarting and powering off everything.

A:Monitor not getting signal.

Ok I fixed it. When I plugged it in to the TV there was something with the current session and I deleted it and all is good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/235757-monitor-not-getting-signal.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all new to the forum so please forgive me if this isn t the right place to post this The problem I am having is with my son and daughters computers they have one each Both of their monitors are signal monitor to No reading no signal I have read through threads etc and will go down the road of checking the motherboard RAM graphics card etc later What has happened is we are getting a lot of work done to the house and my kids had to take their computers out of their rooms and move them for storage They No signal to monitor have been sitting on our dining room floor for a month and to be honest there has been a lot of dust about in particular plaster as somebody put their foot through the roof just above where the computers had been stored We have reinstated the computers but both of them are showing quot No Signal quot on the monitors We have tried swapping the monitors with each other and they both show quot No Signal quot It is a bit of a coincidence that both PC s would breakdown together and don t know if it is something simple that I am missing Both computers turn on and beep but that s as far as we get as the monitor switches off All cables correctly connected could it be something as simple as the dust in them both Sorry to sound such a fool but totally stumped as to why both of the computers would show the same fault at the same time They are both Zoostorm but bought a couple of years apart Many thanks in advance Lisa nbsp

same prob; a couple ideas.

Hi, Lisa- I have the same prob right now. I tried a couple easy things, but they have not worked, so I am going to have to dig in and try more serious ideas.

But here is an easy one for you that might work.

(before you goof around inside the comp, you need to be certain you know how to do it safely - there are components in there that, even when unplugged, can shock and possibly electrocute you; plus, goofing around in there can shock the comp, damaging it from your static electricity.)

The beep heard when you start the computer actually is a code for something. You can google "POST beep codes," or similar, and figure out what, of five or six messages, the pattern of beeps mean. ("POST" means 'power-on self-test.')

The usual, brief but cheerful POST one-beep means everything is OK, as far as the hardware of the computer goes: RAM is working, motherboard is working, video is working, and keyboard is detected and working - off the top of my head, I don't know what else.

If that is the beep you hear, then the motherboard is OK, and the RAM is likely OK. It is also likely that the video processor is OK - the video processor might either be built into the motherboard, or may be a card that is plugged in to the motherboard.

Either way, it doesn't usually have an effect on the beeps: if you hear the one beep, then the video part of the computer is OK, and the problem is some other mystery - I could only give guesses that would be more confusing than illuminating. You have switched monitors, so that is unlikely.

If you get two long beeps - they may almost sound like one beep because the gap between the two beeps can be very brief - then, that means that the compuetr is turning on, and doing a self-test, and figuring out that the video part is not working. (the beep lets you know, since there is no way for a message to come on the screen!).

If the beep pattern is something different, you will have to look at a general guide to "POST" self-check beep patterns, or find the guide to the beep patterns for these computers specifically. As far as I have ever seen, the POSt beep patterns have always been the same across computers.

If it is two long beeps, then the computer cannot operate the video processor part for some reason. This is totally independendent of whether you have a working monitor plugged in or not (sorry - as you figured out, no easy solution there).

Somehow, the computer has lost the ability to operate the video. This could either be due to hardware or software failure. Or, possibly, inadequate power coming into the comp - if wiring has been redone, it is possible that the power is not steady enough to push the juice through to run everything. It is also possible your computers have a switch to let you set power - like 120 volt or 220 volt.

The actual power supply unit in the comp - that converts electricity from the wall into the style needed for the various parts of the comp - could be dying, but i see that as kind of unlikely.

If so, this could be a problem - but that is a long shot.

It is probably either a physical problem with the motherboard (dirty, shorted out, bent til some connection broke), the video card (if the card is a separate plug-in) (card is not plugged in properly, is dirty, got twisted and some commection broke),

OR the problem is that the computer's most basic software instructions, BIOS (basic in-out system) has a setting that does not match your specific video arrangement.

(this is my problem right now).

normally, the BIOS can be seen on-screen, and changed, if you press a certain button on the comp before everything else starts up. This program looks like old "DOS" programming, and like a control panel with a lot of choices to go in and change BIOS settings.

If, somehow, someone changed settings for video, this could cause the problem. But you or the family w... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-to-monitor.167501/
Relevancy 48.59%

My husband amp his friend built his pc He knew from saving the info what sort of ram to get when he decided to get more He got the ram today installed it amp well now we have no signal on from Now Ram; No Monitor New Signal his monitor We Have tried the following switching the new ram to a different slot tried using the old ram same issue no signal tried the monitor on a different pc -- it works Shaking out cleaning the pc thoroughly checking the video New Ram; Now No Signal from Monitor card amp replugging all its parts back on reconnecting the harddrive bout to do Any suggestions because at this point we don t know what is going on The computer is booting up it is giving a green light we had issues the first couple of times when New Ram; Now No Signal from Monitor trying to turn the pc it basically stuttered where it d come on turn off come on turn off Finally after re-installing the ram it came on amp has come on ever sense so we figured it was due to the ram being backwards maybe nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello i just build a new computer today specs are
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz
msi x58 pro-e motherboard
6 gb patriot ram 1600 triple channel running at stock 1066
1 gb radeon hd 5770
ocz 600w modxstream pro
dell st2010 monitor

this is my first time using windows 7 and when i play starcraft2 all of a sudden my screen will turn black... my monitor will say entering power save mode, when i click on options on my monitor it says it cannot find a connection to the computer. my mouse light is still on and my computer fans / lights are still on. if i reset my computer everything is normal. I was wondering is this a windows 7 problem or possible something else like gpu or monitor....

A:No Signal to Monitor

Check your Graphics card settings and compatibility..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-to-monitor.945565/
Relevancy 48.59%

when I switch on the computer, on the monitor, I just see the start window and green dots running, then the monitor screen went black and say 'no signal', I can't even switch off the computer unless holding the switch button for a while. How to fix this problem?

A:no signal on monitor

Is the problem with the computer it's self? Or with the monitor... a few things that you could try is putting in a new VGA, or rebooting in safe-mode. Let me know if this helps.
-Peanut

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/246505-no-signal-monitor.html