Windows Support Forum

win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

Q: win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

My win pro build hasn't received the November update build while my other win home versions have I know I'm not the only one having this problem but here's my two cents On my xw I upgraded from win pro to win pro as soon as was available some months ago I still receive other windows updates I downloaded 1511 the 10240 November pro build build received 10 win update hasn't the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu Both sfc and dism have no issues I would burn it do a disk but I've read other users say its just reinstalled build instead I was using another random win pro computer at work today and noticed it hasn't received the November update yet either Anyone else with win pro that did get the update Maybe this issue has more to it like when I upgraded to pro I had an issue with onedrive I don't really use it so I only disabled it from win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 startup in the task manager but it as a service disappeared except for registry entries and program files and win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 I haven't found a way to reinstall it yet I know I could do a clean install of windows but that's not my style I move from pc to pc over the years using disk images win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 This onedrive issue is the only problem I've come across that I haven't figured out without a clean install I mean I wiped onedrive from my system completely registry keys and all but attempts to reinstall fall short error corrupted file During the attempted installation it places all its registry items and files including the file it says is corrupt Copy those files that are working on another computer no dice sfc and dism no issues I'm getting off track I was hoping the November update would fix it but now that's an issue too Maybe Microsoft delayed the November update on win pro Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

RE : I downloaded the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu.

Did you burn the iso to a bootable media, then insert the media to the computer ?
If that was what you did, then you would NOT see the Mount option.
Instead, you would see the Setup option. Use that to start the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36509-win-10-pro-build-10240-hasnt-received-november-update-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 105.09%

Hey, I cannot update to the latest build of Windows 10. I'm still stuck at build 10240.

Can anyone help me to update without having to reinstall programs, apps etc.?

A:Stuck on build 10240, can't update to 1151 November update.

HAM0511
You do not mention what error you get trying to update. Can you provide your Computer model and  message you get when you try updating to the latest Windows 10 version?
Below is a link that may help you get it installed.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1511
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679023
Relevancy 94.24%

The 1511 build installed yesterday and since then I have been having trouble booting up computer in AM. It gets stuck with an arrow on a black screen. I have to turn off PC and turn back on for it to boot up into windows. Even then, it takes forvever.

I want to revert back to the previous Windows 10 build 10240. (I think that was the build number). Do I just use recovery to 'go back to an earlier build' ? Is there anything else I need to do first?
I understand that after the recovery I have to run the tool that hides updates for Windows 10. Do I have that right?
If all else fails, I did a full system back up just a few days before the update to the new Build happened.

A:Need to revert from Build 1511 (10586.36) to 10240

It's not the November 11th Threshold 2 update or otherwise referred to the 10586.93 version 1511 build pushed by way of the Windows updates but a flimsy upgrade to the newer build as the actual problem! When seeing the 10565 and 10576 builds each upgraded to the 10586 not one problem was seen while the distance between the 10240 and 10586 being greater as well as the 10240 not being so good as an upgrade build to start with you are much better simply going for the 10586's clean install.

That can be done by first downloading the updated Media Creation tool if you have an 8gb usb flash drive available as a 4gb will be too small since the TH2 release is actually a roll up of both the Home and Pro editions as well as seeing both the 32bit and 64bit options! Since 10 is already on and had been activated the clean install will not only see the 10586.39 go on fresh for the actual best end results but upgrade the build you are running as well.

As for the existing recovery options found in the F8 menu's Advanced recovery options the Reset option will likely see the 10240 build restored as long as nothing on the drive has changed since the TH2 upgrade took place like running the DiskCleanup tool or removing the Windows.old if created.

You might have to boot live from 10 media to get there however if you are unable to get into the F8 boot options directly! And that would bring you right back to the need to download 10 directly either by the MC Tool or going to the Tech Bench site for the Home dual 32/64bit iso download from there. You might want to consider going that route to begin with and save yourself extra efforts at a later time! First read over the guide for that. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/36850-need-revert-build-1511-10586-36-10240-a.html
Relevancy 94.24%

The 1511 build installed yesterday and since then I have been having trouble booting up computer in AM. It gets stuck with an arrow on a black screen. I have to turn off PC and turn back on for it to boot up into windows. Even then, it takes forvever.

I want to revert back to the previous Windows 10 build 10240. (I think that was the build number). Do I just use recovery to 'go back to an earlier build' ? Is there anything else I need to do first?
I understand that after the recovery I have to run the tool that hides updates for Windows 10. Do I have that right?
If all else fails, I did a full system back up just a few days before the update to the new Build happened.

A:Need to revert from Build 1511 (10586.36) to 10240

It's not the November 11th Threshold 2 update or otherwise referred to the 10586.93 version 1511 build pushed by way of the Windows updates but a flimsy upgrade to the newer build as the actual problem! When seeing the 10565 and 10576 builds each upgraded to the 10586 not one problem was seen while the distance between the 10240 and 10586 being greater as well as the 10240 not being so good as an upgrade build to start with you are much better simply going for the 10586's clean install.

That can be done by first downloading the updated Media Creation tool if you have an 8gb usb flash drive available as a 4gb will be too small since the TH2 release is actually a roll up of both the Home and Pro editions as well as seeing both the 32bit and 64bit options! Since 10 is already on and had been activated the clean install will not only see the 10586.39 go on fresh for the actual best end results but upgrade the build you are running as well.

As for the existing recovery options found in the F8 menu's Advanced recovery options the Reset option will likely see the 10240 build restored as long as nothing on the drive has changed since the TH2 upgrade took place like running the DiskCleanup tool or removing the Windows.old if created.

You might have to boot live from 10 media to get there however if you are unable to get into the F8 boot options directly! And that would bring you right back to the need to download 10 directly either by the MC Tool or going to the Tech Bench site for the Home dual 32/64bit iso download from there. You might want to consider going that route to begin with and save yourself extra efforts at a later time! First read over the guide for that. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36850-need-revert-build-1511-10586-36-10240-a.html
Relevancy 92.07%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 81.53%

I have been an Insider since the beginning and have received all the updates during the past few months.  I'm currently stuck in build 10166 and Windows Update informs me that my device is current.  Checking for updates yields nothing new except that Defender is updated daily, sometimes more than once.  On the next page I see a "Fix Me" button, but when I click on that up comes a dialog asking if I want to discontinue future builds.  Nothing else happens.

I ran the update troubleshooter, which reports: "Problems found: Service registration is missing or corrupt.  Not fixed".  I don't know if this is the cause of my problem, nor do I know how to repair the service registration.  I'd appreciate any help as I suspect this will impair my upgrade to the final Windows 10 build on Wednesday.  Thanks.

A:Can't Get Update To Build 10240

What is the latest build you have, which has a full iso?  Sounds like you need to reinstall it, but I don't know if that will work now.  My latest full iso is 10162, and when I installed it, then came 10166 as download, and on the day of the 10240 release, I got it in Updates.

Do you have any important files on it, or was this just a tester?  Obviously you'd need to backup first, else.

If all else fails, use one of your eligible licenses to download and get Win10.  It should self-activate when you do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584176/cant-get-update-to-build-10240/
Relevancy 80.6%

I installed the Tech Preview and registered as an Insider early on and largely rode the updates releases when published until build I sat on this build for a while disabled the Windows Update service and didn't do much with this preview install for a while Now I'm wanting to work with it more and would like to update upgrade to the latest build I enabled started the Windows Update service but it won't update If I go to Windows Update in Settings besides the title bar all I see is a blank page pane with activity dots indefinitely flying across the top Same deal if I open Settings and Can't / from 10240 update build upgrade search for 'Advanced' and click on Advanced Windows Update options Troubleshooting steps taken Reboot numerous timesLeave it sit for many hoursBoot into safe mode with networkingStop bits wuauserv and cryptsvc services rename C Windows SoftwareDistribution and C Windows System catroot and start the previously stopped servicesRan the Windows Update TroubleshooterRan sfc scannow no problems found Ran dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth no problems found Clean Can't update / upgrade from build 10240 BootedReset Windows The process appears to complete I see something like before the system reboots not sure if it actually gets to or if it fails before but after restarting I see a message like boot device inaccessible I've tried the reset process or so times it successfully reverts to the pre-reset environment after rebooting or times Earlier after update attempts I would open the WindowsUpdateClient Operational log and review logged errors but now when I try to access that log I see an error message quot MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it quot I can either report the error to Microsoft and shut down MMC or unload the snap-in and continue running MMC If I open Windows Store I see there are app updates detected but the download update attempts fail with quot Something went wrong The error code is x in case you need it quot Is there a way to download and clean-install the latest Insider build without wiping out my Windows Insider activation registration Any other ideas for getting Windows Updates working Thanks in advance

A:Can't update / upgrade from build 10240

The easiest way to get to the current build is to use the media creation tool use the upgrade this computer and keep all apps and files. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/33455-cant-update-upgrade-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 110.94%

I am trying to install Windows Build from Windows Build I Install Windows 10586 10 Build Build 10240 From have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows I have it downloaded but it will not install The computer check Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 said my computer is good to go Asus AllInOne Model ET I've tried several times and each time it reaches the computer restarts and then it goes into quot reinstalling your previous version quot and I'm back to Build I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution One website said to delete quot Windows old folder as that may be a problem using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 computer under quot Clean Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 up system files Previous Windows installations There is a quot Windows old quot folder on my C drive but it is full of empty folders I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it There is also a new folder called Windows Upgrade with files in it Hope someone can help thank you

A:Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).
uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433934-install-windows-10-build-10586-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 109.22%

I am trying to update my windows 10 x86 build 10240 to 14393 by windows 10 upgrade assistant and also by Insider build but fail.
I can download update by insider but updates could not install....how can I update my build to 14393? thanks

A:Why my pc win 10 x86 build 10240 not going to update by windows 10 upgrade assistant?

Two things to try:
- Download the windows 10 update diagnosis tool
- Refresh (settings) the build you have and try to update again
Welcome to the forums :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/437365-why-my-pc-win-10-x86-build-10240-not-going-update-windows-10-upgrade-assistant.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi I have a Packard Bell OneTwo S It 10240 10 build Can't Anniversary on install update, stuck Windows came factory installed with W I upgraded to W last year after difficulty - upgrading to W via Windows update would Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 not work kept installing to a certain percentage then would reboot to a blank screen and freeze indefinitely I needed Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 to power off Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 then on restart it would roll back to W This happened repeatedly despite trying all sorts - clean boots uninstalling antivirus and updating drivers etc I finally installed W using Media creation tool Everything ran fine But when the big update came in Novmember that failed to in the same way as above however all other monthly windows updates install fine Windows update never tried to push the Nov update on me again - I'm still on build now I was prompted to install the anniversary update by Windows update last week but that also failed in the same way as above Download ok and begins installing fine then at some point after complete I get the blank screen indefinitely and have to power off then it reverts back to W build Having checked Packard Bell website my model is not supported by Packard Bell for W and they are not providing any drivers for it This may explain the problems Can anyone suggest how to find out what the problem is and if there is a solution I've tried looking in Update history for error codes but there is none it doesn't even show an attempt to install the anniversary update Like i said every other monthly update since last year installs fine its just the big builds that won't Thanks

A:Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240

Hi, simplest answer is avoid windows update and create the appropriate bootable medium or iso and use it as you did before.
As you know plenty of people have this sort of problem.

Note that the upgrade can introduce new issues for some (search the net), and some are delaying because of that. Older machines like yours could well exhibit such problems. So before you make this change, I recommend you create a disk image of your existing setup - a procedure you should do routinely anyway- to give another way of restoring your system.
E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images.

It's best to have a physical bootable medium as it covers all of:
a. if you need to repeat the installation
b. as a bootable medium for recovery options
c. in case you need to do an in-place upgrade repair install

without taking up disk space.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61022-cant-install-windows-10-anniversary-update-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Can someone out there help me with this very annoying problem please Today i went to Settings gt Security amp the not Windows installing working build Update to Wind November since Update gt Check for Updates Now and i keep getting the same message that reads like this We couldn't connect to the update service We'll try again later or you can check now If it still Windows Update not working since installing the November build to Wind doesn't work make sure that you're connected to the internet What the hell does that mean I am most definately connected to the internet and i use fibre broadband In Settings i have set my updates to be downloaded automatically and because i am a Windows Insider i have set the speed at which i receive any updates from Slow to Fast How can i get the Windows Update working again Oh i have downloaded the Windows Update Repair Tool and run it ok and according to this tool there is nothing wrong with the Windows Update at all Any idease Anyone else having Windows Update not working since installing the November build to Wind the same problem

A:Windows Update not working since installing the November build to Wind

Well. I tried something else since posting. I ran an app that i have on my Desktop and that is Driver Update and sure as hell there was an outdated driver that needewd sorting out. Sorted that out and my Windows Update is now working ok. Thank goodness.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/30506-windows-update-not-working-since-installing-november-build-wind.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hey, I just bought my laptop 2 days ago and it's working just fine but I cannot update it to Windows 10 build 1511 from Windows Update. After it asks me to restart my laptop it goes through the install but after the final step gets to 100% it just says "Going back to previous version of windows." or something like that. And it is an upgrade from Windows 10 build to another not from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10. I'm wondering if any of you have had this same issue.
My laptop is Acer Aspire V 15 V3-574-5676 and it's serial number is NXG1KED054***

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

A:Cannot update to Windows 10 build 1511

I have the same problem. My Windows 10 version is still build 10240. I can't update to 1511.I have tried Windows Update, Upgrade assistant for Win 10, and Media Creation Tool. Nothing works. I wonder if this has anything to do with Acer blocking us from updating the graphic drivers etc. It seems Acer has "locked" my PC for OS and driver updates. Really annoyed right now. The error message I get using Media Creation Tool is:"windows 10 upgrade failed with 0x80073B92 - 0x20009 failed in the SAFE OS phase"

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Cannot-update-to-Windows-10-build-1511/td-p/442953
Relevancy 104.92%

Hey, I just bought my laptop 2 days ago and it's working just fine but I cannot update it to Windows 10 build 1511 from Windows Update. After it asks me to restart my laptop it goes through the install but after the final step gets to 100% it just says "Going back to previous version of windows." or something like that. And it is an upgrade from Windows 10 build to another not from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10. I'm wondering if any of you have had this same issue.My laptop is Acer Aspire V 15 V3-574-5676 and it's serial number is NXG1KED054541016D97600.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Cannot-update-to-Windows-10-build-1511/td-p/442953/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 101.48%

Fails to Upgrade to Windows 10 v.1511, 10586

Firstly, I have bought a Laptop which including Windows 10 OEM from factory then I add SSD and Clone HHD which have a licence (all of disk to SSD). After that, I have been trying to up version to be 10586, during updating version in update sitting were normally and done by no any problem then it needed to restart and I did it. After windows has restarted show message as the figure The version in my laptop still shows the old version, so I tried to solved the problem by reading this Fails to Upgrade to Windows 10 v.1511, 10586 (Nov.update)! that have a same problem. However, I could not fix this problem.

How can it fix it out. (Even my laptop has been remoted by Microsoft support for 2 hour that he tried to fix but he could not as well)

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/53962-windows-10-build-1511-10586-update-version-fail.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello,

This computer specifically is the only one in my house which is not receiving the November update (Threshold 2 or version 1511, whatever you want to call it)
When checking for updates in Windows Update, it always says it's up to date.

Any reason why this happening?
Two laptops and another desktop (that desktop got upgraded from windows 8 tot windows 10 two days ago and it already has it) did receive the November update, so this issue is not bound to my region not having the update received yet.
I upgraded this PC from windows 7 to 10 back in august, so it is has nothing to do with the 1-month-thingy (not receiving november update because you only upgraded to win10 less than a month ago)
It's running Win10 Home and not Win10 Pro, so it doesn't have that option to postpone updates.
Thank you for your time and effort.

A:November update (1511) not arriving

Can't tell you why it's happening, but can provide a solution:
Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/32594-november-update-1511-not-arriving.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I'm on Windows 10 Pro(build 10240). What I want to know is do I have to be on the newest win 10 build or just stick with what I have? Also on Microsoft's website with the list of updates for the "initial release" I don't have all the updates listed. Should I manually download them and apply to my PC? Thanks

A:Build 10240

Hi, you are now 2 major builds behind, as you have just the first release of Win 10. 10.0.10586 came out in Nov 2015 and 10.0.14393 in August this year, still being delivered to customers.

That suggest you have Windows update disabled, or are not connected to the internet, or Windows update is not working.

So you can either fix those problems, if any, or manually download the current iso and burn a DVD or USB disk manually, or directly create a bootable medium using MS's media creation tool, or just mount the iso and proceed from there.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/62729-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Build 10240 now available for Windows Insiders in Fast and Slow rings | Blogging Windows

A:Windows 10 build 10240 now available

The chaos that has surrounded the update to 10240 bodes ill for the 29th.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-build-10240-now-available-1018954.html
Relevancy 93.74%
Relevancy 93.74%

I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!

A:Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME! i dont know whats wrong with your system , but i can show you a way to get Anniversary update . Download Media creation tool, make a bootable disc and when you boot from disc it will give to 2 options > upgrade your computer & >fresh install. choose whichever you prefer .
OR you can use the update utility form the microsoft website to force update your system to AU
Media creation tool will get you the latest AU update build i.e. 14393.10 :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434685-why-am-i-stuck-windows-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Microsoft has reportedly finalized Windows 10 ahead of its July 29 release date. The company has selected build 10240 as the final release to manufacturing (RTM) copy according to sources familiar with the matter as reported by The Verge.

Read more

A:Windows 10 has been finalized, goes RTM on build 10240

Installing in my VM now 30% done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-has-been-finalized-goes-rtm-on-build-10240.216560/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello, I have been trying to use custom themes on my laptop for the past 2 months, but none of them work fully, and just end up changing the desktop wallpaper, cursor and some colours on the windows, etc.

example of the theme I'm currently trying (what it's supposed to look like):

What it looks like on my computer
(ignore the start button, it's from classic shell :x)

I've tried lots of tools like UxStyle, UltraUXThemePatcher, programs to replace explorerframe.dll, etc. but none of them work.

I've had this problem even back when I was still using windows 8.1

Win 8.1 theme (what it's supposed to look like):

What it looked like on my computer
This is my laptop, though I don't know if the laptop itself is related to the problem...

Would be grateful if anyone knows what's the problem. Been wasting too much time trying to get this working.....

A:Help using 3rd party themes (build 10240)

Hi

Are the first screens under windows 10 ? if so , I wonder how you managed to get a custom picture as explorer background

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/33995-help-using-3rd-party-themes-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello,
So I have seen that Windows 10 build 10240 came out,should I install it or should i wait till July 29th

A:[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Build 10240

If you are an active user to test the builds then go ahead, nothing should happen any wrongful situation. But if not then better secure your reservation to receive the most stable version as possible of Windows 10 valid to be lifetime.

Just feel your guts which you prefer to be comfortable.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/discussion-windows-10-build-10240.48445/
Relevancy 93.31%

Other machines are all updated but this computer is not seeing it.

Thanks
SD

A:Still haven't received November's big update.

Originally Posted by Steinar

Other machines are all updated but this computer is not seeing it.

Thanks
SD

Have you checked your update history? some computers had troubles updating if it failed three times it would not try and install or even show it in updates again.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33299-still-havent-received-novembers-big-update.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I can't install Docker for Windows, as my Windows 10 Education version says it is still build 10240, and not the November update (build 10586).
The Windows Update utility says my system is up-to-date. I can't install an update manually either using the Windows media creation tool, as the software download page (click here won't display. I've checked on viruses, but no harmful items found. What to do next?

A:Can't move from Windows 10 build 10240 to 10586

I've just been trying to get MCT too but getting blank white MS pages. No idea what is happening.
Majorgeeks has a copy though.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/cant-move-windows-10-build-10240-10586-4596245/
Relevancy 92.88%

I'm a Insider member since Oct get all the builds till the official launch of Windows last July A few days before the official launch my Windows TP build had a boot problem and gave me a UEFI boot error since the Insider Program was locked and I can't get any Insider Preview build to work I had format my PC and install my Don't stuck 10240 Insider get Builds, build on Windows Pro and follow the upgrade path to Windows Reserve a copy wait for the update and install the Windows Pro and activate with my valid Windows Key no hassles there After success upgrade I went Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 to Security and Updates gt Windows Update gt Advanced Options and hit the Get Insider builds gt Get Started button restart my PC and check if Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 Fast Ring was selected and it was Last month it came out Build and later on Build and I didn't receive any of those I tried to force the download by hitting constantly the Check update button on Windows Update but the only thing my Windows Update download is Windows Defender definitions So I tried the following in Advanced Option I hit the Stop receive preview builds restart PC and go there again I hit the button Get Preview Builds restart again and wait a few days no luck Since I don't had any luck there I post some questions in Microsoft Answers and report the problem a few days later receive some answers but none of the those answers worked out and one of them seems to me a bit stupid so the suggestions was - Uninstall any anti-virus don't have any so it really doesn't apply to me - Safe Boot with Network did that produce no effect what so ever - Selective Startup with all services stopped except Microsoft services same as above produced no effect still didn't get any update via Windows Update - Create a new Administrator account and run the Windows Update from the new account although might work I found this solution a bit awkward I mean I have to create a new account with Administrator privileges and then subscribe to Insider Preview Program with that account and then make all the process I did it no effects also bit I thought that was the dumbest solution ever - Drivers update - All my drivers are up to date some from the manufactures others from Microsoft no hardware problems so can't anything about that - Reset IP Address - Did that nothing happened - Windows Update as Trusted Sites - Did that nothing happened - Change DNS to and - Did that nothing happened So in total despair I contact Microsoft Answer Desk by Phone and after a few minutes trying to explain what is my problem I'm a portuguese from Portugal and ours Answer Desk is provided by Brazilians which don't quietly understand us - Brazilian Portuguese is quite different from European Portuguese the woman gave me this solution Re-install my Windows Pro and from there wait that Windows Update give me the Insider Preview update and if Windows Update tries to install regular Windows upgrade she said to stop the upgrade and differ that update and wait for the Insider Update I didn't make this yet because I'm hard to believe that will work I mean in Windows I will get the Windows Insider Preview as an update Last I checked I had to install Windows TP with an ISO and boot from that ISO to get started and the new Insider Preview program state that I only have to set Windows Update to Get the Preview Builds which I did from a Windows activated install which I have By the way my Windows is set to USA as location and has the display language set to US English I had also set a Portuguese keyboard setup set my region to Portugal and Proofing tools are setup to US English and Portuguese Portugal I'm stating this since if my display language is not supported by Insider Preview I don't receive any builds Portuguese currently not supported So please help me understand why I'm not getting the Insider builds and I'm still stuck in build Here is a screenshot of my Settings and my Insider Hu... Read more

A:Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240

Welcome to Ten Forums Ed
When I changed from slow to fast it took 4 days to update for me. Have you waited the four days?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/22803-dont-get-insider-builds-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

My Parents figured it was time to upgrade to ten so I made up a disc and upgraded both their computers to build successfully I had already had I got new parts so I upgraded via a disk my dad made when first came around build 10240 Cannot ? to build Upgrade 0x20017) (0xC1900101 X 10586 Win I want to play Forza but unfortunately it isn't supported on my build of Win and security is better on yada yada Cannot Upgrade Win X build 10240 to 10586 (0xC1900101 ? 0x20017) yada I insert the same disk upgrade begins it goes through the whole process on the purple screen and when it goes for the first reboot it boots back up into startup repair asking me to choose keyboard language I choose a shut down and when the computer boots back up it tells me quot Installation Failed in Safe OS Phase With an Error During BOOT Operation xC x quot I have tried many of the suggested fixes I have Tried installing with all USB ports vacant Removed my wireless adapter Installed using a clean boot Removed IIS and its associated user Completely uninstalled my antivirus There may be more but I dont remember Fresh Install is not an option so please dont suggest it theres got to be a way around this issue I have attached the error log of my latest attempt at upgrading I've also heard that downloading the ISO and then modifying some intel file could be a possible fix but Id rather try something that doesn't include modifying the OS that might bring up a quot not genuine quot error later as I have heard happens Thanks in advance for your help tenforums I hope this first post of mine can be successful for me and others

A:Cannot Upgrade Win X build 10240 to 10586 (0xC1900101 0x20017)

Download iso using this link, double click on it and run setup.exe.

Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56547-cannot-upgrade-win-x-build-10240-10586-0xc1900101-0x20017.html
Relevancy 92.02%

windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240
Cant see this is correct

A:windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240

Did you receive the update for th2 10586 back in November or have you been receiving Windows updates ?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33960-windows-tells-me-my-laptop-up-date-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Since the beginning of I have been unable to upgrade ending with constant requests to restart and the failure data as per attachment is the latest I did defer this upgrade but recently it has been ignored and the upgrade has been installing and failing again on a regular basis I have tried the ISO's and other links to this upgrade and they all finish with a simple statement quot Failed 10 to Unable build to upgrade 10586 from Windows 10240 quot Funnily in Security amp Maintenance it shows a failure almost as soon as it starts to download and then about an Unable to upgrade Windows 10 from build 10240 to 10586 hour later it says it was a successful update I expect to see a Windows old in 'C' drive but there isn't any Last night a notification suddenly announced quot We are working on it quot - what Today it did another upgrade download and installation and guess what - failed I am under the impression that Microsoft want to get this upgrade Unable to upgrade Windows 10 from build 10240 to 10586 going in preparation for the Windows anniversary end July I notice in Tiribos's post the instructions for downloading the ISO and mounting etc but mine downloads as zip file but I suppose it all amounts to the same performance What to do This forum seems to be the best place to post as there is so much useless crap elsewhere on the internet mostly from a year or more ago

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/51965-unable-upgrade-windows-10-build-10240-10586-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello I have been a Windows Insider since the beginning My main quot test quot machine for the builds is on my 10240 Camp Boot from Build (Parallels) Win10 Insider Moving to Mac but in Parallels Desktop I'm considering moving to Boot Camp instead and just Moving from Win10 Insider Build 10240 (Parallels) to Boot Camp use Parallels to boot from the Boot Camp partition if I need OSX and Windows side by side for specific tasks My question is this Will I still be considered an Insider or rather still activated if I install a fresh new insider build on Boot Camp and just sign in to my MS account I'm planning to use the ESD file that updated my build to Once that is done I'll just delete my current VM Just to be clear I am not trying to migrate the Win VM itself to a Boot Camp partition Since that in itself is quite a hassle to do and considering a boatload of hurdles to overcome Oh and please tell me if I posted this question on the correct category thread and move it accordingly if needed Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/14937-moving-win10-insider-build-10240-parallels-boot-camp.html
Relevancy 89.44%

The latest Windows Insider Preview build is now making its way to what on Insider been fixed, Windows PCs Preview what's 14367: 10 build hasn't, and PCs and phones on the Fast ring PC users have a couple of new features to look forward to when installing it and those wishing to perform a clean installation of the OS can now do so more easily with a quot new tool to give your PC a fresh start quot But of course a new build doesn t just mean new features as ever it also Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14367: what's been fixed, and what hasn't, on PCs means that there are lots of fixes to look forward to and known issues to be aware of What s been fixed and improved in build for PCs Cross-device notifications from your phone to Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14367: what's been fixed, and what hasn't, on PCs your PC via Cortana are now more reliable and faster You can also use quick replies from your PC for notifications that support that feature there is a known issue in which this will only work if your phone s screen is turned on we ll be fixing this Additionally notifications from your phone to your PC will appear under its own Windows Phone group in Action Center with a fancy new logo to boot We fixed an issue where the emoji in cross-device notifications would appear as boxes We also fixed an issue where certain emoji would appear as square boxes in some apps like Notepad Fixed an issue resulting in the dialog when joining the PC to an Azure AD potentially being unexpectedly large on certain devices Quick Actions in Action Center that turn on and off different functionality in your device like Bluetooth on your phone or Tablet Mode on your PC now have a transient On Off text indicator so you can clearly see the state change for these We fixed an issue where the WIN A keyboard shortcut to launch Action Center wouldn t work if Action Center icon had been turned off We also fixed an issue where certain notifications could result in the Action Center not launching until that toast had been cleared We fixed an issue where Cortana wasn t showing relevant system settings results for certain terms in particular typo or connect We fixed an issue where the text in the network flyout might change color from white to black when entering credentials if your PC is using dark mode We fixed an issue where PowerShell shortcuts pinned to the taskbar could only create one functional window subsequent windows generated from the pinned icon would not accept input We fixed an issue where each newly opened notes in Sticky Notes would flash white and black after a certain number of notes had already been created We added a new shortcut to turn on off Private mode when using the Japanese Input Method Editor This new keyboard shortcut is Ctrl Shift P We also increased the width of the Japanese key keyboard for small devices when in portrait so as to improve ease of use and fixed an issue where no characters would be input when using this keyboard in a field where Input Method Editors are disabled We updated the Update amp Security Windows Update and Recovery icons in Settings to be more reflective of the action We fixed an issue where the Office apps might not show up in Start s Most used list We fixed an issue where saying Hey Cortana would launch Cortana behind Windows Ink Workspace We fixed an issue resulting in Explorer exe crashing if you selected Open Command window here from File Explorer s context menu Known issues for PCs The Desktop App Converter Preview Project Centennial will fail to run on the Windows Insider Preview Build If you are a developer utilizing the converter tool to convert your desktop app to UWP we suggest skipping Build or switching to the Slow ring until we can fix this issue Narrator does not launch when you toggle switch to on via Settings app gt Ease of access gt Narrator As Microsoft noted in its announcement today at time of writing the staging for build isn t quite complete yet for PCs - the new build will gradual... Read more

A:Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14367: what's been fixed, and what hasn't, on PCs

Hi,

I found temporary ESD download link for build 14367

Download
DISM++ and ESD Decrypter

Rename file to 14367.0.160613-1700.rs1_release_CLIENTPRO_RET_x64fre_en-us.esd

Use decrypt-esddecrypt to decrypt ESD to ISO.

Regards,
Kardo

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-insider-preview-build-14367-whats-been-fixed-and-what-hasnt-on-pcs.60680/
Relevancy 89.44%

When the upgrade to 1607 tried to install it screwed up. I have a back up made on 3rd party software which will not work because it is "not for this version of windows" As such the computer is dead. It can not find the C: drive.
Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 Pro x64 to 1511 so I might be able to use my backup to get up and running to then install 1607?
The is a brand new build June 2016 with a i7-6700k 4.0 and 64Gb mem.
Regards
Will

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444943-win-10-pro-x64-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I have currently AU installed and do not have any longer the option "Roll Back" to 1511.

I have a System Image from AU with the option to Roll-Back to 1511. Will that work, or System will Delete at once that Option when I start from it?

Are there other options?

A:Best way to revert to Build 1511?

You could try the following, I suppose:
a. image what you have now
b. Disconnect your internet, restore your image, perhaps change the system clock, and try it.
c. If it works, and you have Pro, defer the upgrade.
d. Let us know the outcome.

Now there may be those here who would regard this as not complying with the strict letter of the law- so the decision is yours. I can't comment on the legality.

Yes, there is another option.
a. Image what you have now.
b. Clean install 1511
c. Using the appropriate Laplink product and your image, transfer your programs and settings etc to your new build.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63504-best-way-revert-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello,

I am having issues with getting the latest build of windows 10.My current build is 10240 and I want to upgrade to version 1511.My windows version is Enterprise 64-bit.I have tried manually updating,turning off my firewall and using windows media creation tool(says it can not upgrade my pc)

A:Windows 10 build 1511

Media creation tool does not apply to Enterprise versions.
You need to contact the source of your enterprise for the upgrade, or the volume licensing center.

I never have an Enterprise version and that is all I know about it.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/37875-windows-10-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I have a friends computer that required a USB update, I got that problem sorted out
But I noticed using winver that it shows Win 10 pro Ver 1511 OS Build 10586.545.
On My computer using winver my version is 1607 (OS Build 14393.105)

When I try to update my friends computer it reports that it is up to date, what is the solution

A:Win 10 pro Ver 1511 OS Build 10586.545

Hello, MS is phasing the release, so it's possible it's not been offered there yet.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

You could check against that if your friend indeed has all the updates for 1511.

Now, you may know the anniversary build is widely reported as causing some people significant issues. So before upgrading, take additional precautions -use disk imaging- create a full disk image e.g. with Macrium Reflect (Free) + its boot medium + external storage for the images.

If sthg goes wrong from the PC being unbootable to data loss, you can recover without tears or technical help.

How do you get 1607 to manually install it?
a. search the web and you'll find out how to manually download iso's and create bootable Win 10 1607 media.
Or
b. Go here: (Tutorial section - have a look- lots of good things)
Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

and this will help you.

Having a Win 10 bootable medium is advisable as it gives you some recovery options should your PC become unbootable.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63225-win-10-pro-ver-1511-os-build-10586-545-a.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello Does Hated I Can keep 1607...... build 1511? anybody know if it is possible to keep build for good do updates but NO upgrades Can I keep build 1511? Hated 1607...... One day I forgot to turn the update services off so I got the Anniversary one Hated it How can Microsoft change the look change most setting install loads unwanted apps and all that against my will permission or knowledge It must be illegal This is ridiculous how can they get away with Can I keep build 1511? Hated 1607...... it Anybody I know is fed up with forced updates and worse - upgrades most people on the net as I read hate it So fed up So I went back and want to stay there In that just a little touch would suffice Windows would offer it s users Upgrade with we made a new version looks a bit different we will default all your settings don t forget to change them back and we will install a lot of unwanted apps yes those you spent hours uninstalling But we added new stuff so we think it s worth the hassle I you want it click here If not clik here Job done Back to the question Can I keep and do occassional updates when I choose to do so or will they keep forcing

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65309-can-i-keep-build-1511-hated-1607-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Since 10586.71 has installed I have lost Metro altogether and Cortana will set alarms but not activate/announce them at the given times.

A:Windows 10 version 1511 build 10586.71

Originally Posted by paitchison

Since 10586.71 has installed I have lost Metro altogether and Cortana will set alarms but not activate/announce them at the given times.

Check for Updates. I just got a Cumulative Update resulting in installing 10586.104.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40286-windows-10-version-1511-build-10586-71-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi there

Windows Networking Grhh !!!!!!

Build 1511 trying to access my music library --- Handle invalid --whatever that means.

Was working PERFECTLY with rel 10240. Haven't touched the music server which is still working fine to Chromecast / smart TV / Win 7 machine.

Any ideas anyone.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Build 1511 Handle invalid ???? on acessing a share

Here ya go, Jimbo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handle_(computing)

Implies data corruption but with win 10 networking, who would know??

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35396-build-1511-handle-invalid-acessing-share.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello,

I have 5 laptops and all of them have the latest windows 10 update which is 1511 except one that has not received that update and I am wondering if there's way to get it on this laptop ?

A:unable to obtain Windows 10 1511 Build 10586

Download the ISO from Tech Bench, double click on the ISO to mount it then double click on setup.exe

There are a couple of tutorials here:
Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums (follow option 1)
Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums (start at step 8)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/40218-unable-obtain-windows-10-1511-build-10586-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello. Yesterday I received the last anniversary(?) update from Windows 10. From that moment an expensive program did'nt work anymore. The supplier advised me to press; start - setting - recovery - go back to earlier build.
That worked and now, instead of build 1607 I'm back to build 1511 and the pogram works again. Now this program will have an update to work under build 1607. How can I return to build 1607? Or will Windows just push it in after some time? Thanks!

A:How to return from Wind 10 build 1511 to 1607 after going back

Hello, you can try Windows update manually via Settings, Update. Or just wait.

You can also apply it manually by downloading the iso or creating a bootable medium (MS media creation tool) (just search or see the guide in the Tutorial section here).

It is worth keeping a Win 10 bootable medium to hand - it can be useful for certain repairs.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65436-how-return-wind-10-build-1511-1607-after-going-back.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hp broke the x64 driver for win 8.1, seems now after working fine on win 10 32 bit for months build 1511 has broken the 32 bit driver, not the printer as it still works on a dual XP boot, what are they playing at?

A:Build 1511 breaks HP DeskJet 710C driver

Found a workaround, removing the LPT port in device manager then scanning for changes reinstalls the port and printer which restores printing. I suspect this works until next reboot where you must repeat the removal procedure.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33820-build-1511-breaks-hp-deskjet-710c-driver.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Since I updated to Windows 10 build 1511 my sound is really weird in youtube, vlc and other players.
The sound peaks in volume. This happens a lot when there's speech involved. There's no stable volume and no depth overall.
I've tried a bunch of realtek drivers (from the new one 6.0.1.7695 to the one I have now 6.01.7484) no result.
I'm using the onboard sound of my acer M33985 ipimb-ar motherboard.
My speakers are Logitech Z506.
I've set the sound options to 5.1 and all the audio enhancement to off (tried everything but no result)
Everything work fine just for the strange audio volume peaks.
Before the update everything worked fine.
Any thoughts or are my ears failing me?

(p.s. my english isn't my first language, sorry if I messed up)

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/34660-realtek-sound-problems-win10-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

hi,
every time i install windows 10 version 1511 o.s. build 10586.545 and reboot,
i get a INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE error and i have had to do a fresh install of windows 10 (using the repair tools.)
so i have no dump files but it seems to happen when the video card takes over control of the graphics for windows.
the one thing i do want to point out is i do have a Nvidia raid 1 setup on that box.
thanks
Nathan Saunders

NIMITZ-Sat_08_20_2016__03813_59.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60879-windows-10-version-1511-o-s-build-10586-545-inaccessable_boot_device.html
Relevancy 82.99%

How can I do this? Thanks. Does it need to be a fresh install?

A:Can I upgrade Windows 10 1511 from 10240?

Originally Posted by pectin232

How can I do this? Thanks. Does it need to be a fresh install?

Click the upgrade now button here:
Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49442-can-i-upgrade-windows-10-1511-10240-a.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Dear all this error has been confirmed on out of systems We take an activated win pro and upgrade it to using the ISO offline but cannot activate it Error the activation servers are unreachable If we use instead we can activate it and then upgrade with the same version and it stays activated again systems Pretty much a bug it seems Microsoft support was not helpful they said since these are non-enterprise licenses their support is quot best-effort quot which I can understand and 1511 to to activate, while is is 10240 able Upgrading 8.1 from not then they did absolutely nothing with the logfiles I sent them which I don't understand So I investigated myself and in error state wireshark shows Upgrading from 8.1 to 1511 is not able to activate, while 10240 is the servers are not even tried no network traffic going out I wonder why there's no big uproar around since upgrading offline is not too unusual since it can be done scripted and many companies will use it Can anyone confirm that Version here is retail but it is the same with OEM The ISO was created using the current media creation tool

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34263-upgrading-8-1-1511-not-able-activate-while-10240-a.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi All
I'm Tired Of Still Formatting My PC When Evered Anew Build Is Released
Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Formatting ?

Thanks

A:Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Format

Quick Answer: Yes

You could upgrade from a build to another build but it is recommended to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15285-can-i-update-win-7-build-build-without-format.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have Win Pro bit on a Dell Vostro with Intel Core i nbsp GB RAM and Crucial TB SSD All Dell diagnostics pass Windows fully updated About weeks ago April the Windows Update for Version finally arrived and it is now at Build A few days or before that IE and Edge started to misbehave It s possible that some final pre-upgrade-to- upgrade did this - it is equally possible just a co-incidence The symptoms are that IE will open up but /scannow Build from reports issue 3460 on 1511 sfc with ver Pro 10586 Vostro NVidia Win opencl.dll 10 the address bar does not get populated and after a few seconds it just disappears again Edge does similar When this happens I sometimes try Firefox but that takes a long time to start - at least it starts Chrome usually starts within a short time There is no sure way to get IE and Edge back again Rebooting sometimes does it Usuallly I have to use Turn sfc /scannow reports opencl.dll issue from NVidia on Vostro 3460 with Win 10 Pro ver 1511 Build 10586 Windows Features on and off to turn IE off then on again which given a restart is needed both times is timeconsuming I have tried clearing caches Inetcpl cpl in place repair of Windows and sfc scannow scannow blames a corrupt opencl dll according to http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -windows install sfc-scannow-report-opencldll-bad b - b b- fa -a - c e d b page which - if sfc /scannow reports opencl.dll issue from NVidia on Vostro 3460 with Win 10 Pro ver 1511 Build 10586 that thread is to be believed is something to do with Windows not treating the NVidia driver correctly or vice versa Has anyone else had this open stall close for both IE and Edge and what did they do to resolve It s making this OS and PC unusable One set of advice from MS forums is to DISM but the installed is later than the downloadable ISO of so that doesn t work Another piece of advice from MS is to use the latest Insider build of - but I would prefer to stick with releases as approved by Dell I think this is an issue which Dell needs to sort out with NVidia so can I ask for that please Thanks Any other ideas

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19711670
Relevancy 81.7%

I have Win Pro bit on a Dell Vostro with Intel Core i nbsp GB RAM and Crucial TB SSD All Dell diagnostics pass Windows fully updated About weeks ago April the Windows Update for Version finally arrived and it is now at Build A few days or before that IE and Edge started to misbehave It s possible that some final pre-upgrade-to- upgrade did this - it is equally possible just a co-incidence The symptoms are that IE will open up but the address bar does not get populated from ver issue with Pro 3460 1511 /scannow sfc Win 10586 10 NVidia reports on Vostro Build opencl.dll and after a few seconds it just disappears again Edge does similar When this happens I sometimes try Firefox but that takes a long time sfc /scannow reports opencl.dll issue from NVidia on Vostro 3460 with Win 10 Pro ver 1511 Build 10586 to start - at least it starts Chrome usually starts within a short time There is no sure way to get IE and Edge back again Rebooting sometimes does it Usuallly I have to use Turn Windows Features on and off to turn IE off then on again which given a restart is needed both times is timeconsuming I have tried clearing caches Inetcpl cpl in place repair of Windows and sfc scannow scannow blames a corrupt opencl dll according to http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -windows install sfc-scannow-report-opencldll-bad b - b b- fa -a - c e d b page which - if that thread is to be believed is something to do with Windows not treating the NVidia driver correctly or vice versa Has anyone else had this open stall close for both IE and Edge and what did they do to resolve It s making this OS and PC unusable One set of advice from MS forums is to DISM but the installed is later than the downloadable ISO of so that doesn t work Another piece of advice from MS is to use the latest Insider build of - but I would prefer to stick with releases as approved by Dell I think this is an issue which Dell needs to sort out with NVidia so can I ask for that please Thanks Any other ideas

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19711670
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I ordered a build requested received of Opinions quality on PC PC and paid for it last month It arrived in a warped case over two weeks ago so I returned it for it to be rebuilt Original Condition http i photobucket com albums o soldbylindal PCsideoff jpg They ve just shipped it back to me today in a different case and now the Floppy drive is not flush at the front like I believe it should be and instead it is set back cm deep into the case so there is a significant gap Am I right to say this is not satisfactory quality and will it just mean dust gets straight into the case Images of the floppy drive http i photobucket com albums o soldbylindal Floppy jpg http i photobucket com albums o soldbylindal Floppy jpg http i photobucket com albums o soldbylindal Floppy jpg An internal image http i photobucket com albums Opinions requested on quality of PC build received o soldbylindal Internal jpg I would welcome more expert opinion Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

Just received the not genuine message running on a dell inspiron loaded using a dell install disk from what I have been told This is my inlaws computer they like to fiddle with settings Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code received 7 Windows not Build just 7601 genuine message x Windows Product Key - -QCPVQ-KHRB -RMV Windows Product Key Hash Rj N NLM JqoBO OzgzTZXgbY Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID CCA DC- - C- CD- A BB F F Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray just received Windows 7 Build 7601 not genuine message exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- just received Windows 7 Build 7601 not genuine message gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt CCA DC- - C- CD- A BB F F lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -RMV lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Inspiron lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B FA lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Mountain Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt M lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID d c e -c dd- -b f -f f d d Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key RMV License Status Notification Notification Reason xC F C Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time PM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current OAAAAAEABwABAAEAAAABAAAAAgABAAEAJJQuwSKfGtNSZkaDB... Read more

A:just received Windows 7 Build 7601 not genuine message

Your installation is counterfeit.
Your machine was manufactured a year before Windows 7 was launched, and consequently cannot support a, OEM_SLP installation of Windows 7, which requires specific data in the BIOS.
The machine almost certainly shipped with Vista installed - check the COA sticker on the case - and unless a legal upgrade has been applied, cannot run Windows 7.

The disk used for this install may have been from Dell, but it's from a leter model than this machine, and so not valid for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267685-just-received-windows-7-build-7601-not-genuine-message.html
Relevancy 76.54%

A buddy of mine is looking to build a new computer and turned to me for advice I got some help here last year on my build and I never did post a follow up so here s what I ended up with CPU Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz overclocked to Build Update New Help Build and GHz Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP -UD P LGA Intel P Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX GB overclocked HSF Xigmatek HDT-S mm Rifle CPU Cooler with Xigmatek Retention Bracket HDD Western Digital Caviar Black GB Build Update and New Build Help RPM CD DVD Burner Samsung X DVD -R DVD Burner RAM G Skill Build Update and New Build Help PI Black GB x GB DDR PSU Corsair CMPSU- TX W Thermal Compound Arctic Cooling MX- OS Windows Build Update and New Build Help Vista Ultimate -Bit Case NZXT Tempest ATX Mid Tower Monitor Acer X Wbd Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Speakers Logitech S- Multimedia Speaker System I m happy with the choice I made and never looked back The build went smooth and I m looking forward to doing another one in the future I keep myself up date on everything new that s out The only problem is that my friend is looking at cheaper products that I haven t looked into nor do I have the time Here is what he s looking for Budget No gaming He ll be using the computer for browsing the web hosting web sites and that s about it He does want a fast CPU though TB HDD He already has a monitor keyboard and mouse At least GB of RAM He would like to not have to upgrade for a few years He s majoring in a computer related field and he s a sophomore Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Build Update and New Build Help

As you know you'll get some great help here so I'll suggest that he consider an AMD build. For what he wants to do and his budget he can get a very, very nice build especially since he won't be gaming.

Consider the AMD AM3 Propus 620 quad core 2.6 GHz for $99.00 at NewEgg with free shipping and for a few dollars more there is the 630 @ 2.8 Ghz. Both chips are getting great reviews.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-update-and-new-build-help.139032/
Relevancy 73.1%

Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 to Build 7601?

An Icon Pack was saying install on to 7600 only and after I checked my regedit, I learned that I have 7601 (Probably SP1, I don't know).

Would I have any problems if I install the icon pack?

Thanks.

A:Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 on to Build 7601?

You can normally install icons anywhere you like, on any machine or system which uses them, they are merely small graphics of various types. Unless the "Icon-pack" is using software to install something else, ( in which case be careful what it does), you can install it anywhere.

Some "Icon-packs" make extensive changes to system files, are dependent on the system to which they are installed, and best avoided.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155091-can-i-install-icon-packs-designed-build-7600-build-7601-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Everytime I try and updated or patch a problem on my computer I get this message (Version of Source build is not target build) and I'm unable to download repairs. What can I do I have tried a few things but same message.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90827-Updates-issue-version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 72.67%

So recently after the November build release I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update After which it seemed my home network was thrown out of newest build. to previous back rolling after find build Cant wack I immediately rolled reverted recovered to previous build But now everything is out of wack Most of the time I have to restart my computer just so it'll communicate with my printer to start printing And restarting the computer is twice as long if it restarts at all Most of the time It gets stuck in the quot restart quot progress animates the rotating circles and I have to press the restart button on the computer tower with great regret and dread Transferring files from one windows device to another is a hit or miss I'm pissed I'm not literate when it comes to networking and was super happy how everything was But now not only is my wifi home network out of wack but my computer itself is wonky I figure I might as well reinstall the newest build in hopes that it'll at least fix a fe of the problems But anytime I check for updates the newest build no longer shows up Can someone please help

A:Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Mount the ISO file, run setup.exe from the fake DVD drive created by mounting the ISO file.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39036-cant-find-newest-build-after-rolling-back-previous-build.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 72.67%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Satellite-P50-A09M-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 72.67%

Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future

A:why my windows mobile 10 build has transformed to an insider preview build

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future Go to settings - Info and check build version.
Annyversary Update is nothing else than Redstone that became official and replacing old Threshold, read the news ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436478-why-my-windows-mobile-10-build-has-transformed-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello all.
Running windows 10 pro 64 bit.
I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607.
Or at least, I thought I did.
The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system still shows OS Version 1511.
Used update again, same thing, rebooted, 1511.
Went to the windows site, downloaded the windows10upgrade9252.exe, ran it, same exact issue, rebooted, still showing version 1511.
Error logs show no issues. Disabled all external drives, turned off anti-virus, etc, repeated, rinsed, rebooted, still version 1511.
Only think I've not done is burned an ISO to DVD and updated from that.
Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks!
Nelson Davis

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58531-updated-version-1511-anniversary-update-1607-but-still-1511-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications?

A:Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)

Yes. Mount the ISO file as virtual DVD by double clicking it and launch the Setup.exe to start upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65102-install-rtm-build-14393-over-preview-build-14931-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I've been stuck on build 11102.rs1_release.160113-1800.
Going to Settings. Update & Security, Check for updates says "your device is up to date".
Checked for updates at least 10 times and always get the same response "Your device is up to date".

I don't want to download an ISO and clean install - I'd like to get the insider updates through
the standard update process.

Any suggestion or solutions?

Thanks

A:build 11102 will not download latest build 14271

Try this - worked for me in a similar situation.

I deleted all folders in the software distribution folder, selected to leave Insider Program from updates menu, rebooted, rejoined Program and then it found the updates. Try just deleting folders first and checking for updates. That works for some but did not for me (it was the leaving and rejoining that seemed to do the trick).

If you try rejoining and leaving, make an image backup of 11102 first, just in case leaving and rejoining should cause it not to activate (especially if you never started from a valid 7/8 licence). Good idea to make the backup anyway in case the upgrade fails (you would then have to go back to 10586 and start afresh)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/41994-build-11102-will-not-download-latest-build-14271-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My current system specs are below is getting a bit dated and frankly I m just itching to build a new computer Since the days of pentium hyperthreading socket and AGP video cards are long gone I m looking for some advice and or guides on where to look for ideas I like to play games although I wouldn t consider myself a gaming geek in that I need the latest card and processor But I do like quality I guess what I m looking for is a decent mid range system that ll make look FSX and Vista look good without breaking my bank I new Want any you'd guides recommend? good system, to build 'build' a m partial to Intel ASUS and ATI but I d really be willing to try anything as I know the market changes like the winds I m not real keen on the latest in technology for instance all I know a RAID to be is something we d Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? do in the middle of the night to the sorority houses looking for panties Any Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? ideas or general directions you can point me in would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-new-system-any-good-build-guides-youd-recommend.70046/
Relevancy 70.52%

I built the PC and have all the hardware installed. The disc that came with the mother board is in the reader drive. No signal is detected by the monitor. I am unsure if it has a BIOS.
here is a link to my parts list

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/alanhenry/saved/PNFtt6

i have reseated everything twice with no results.

A:new PC build. first time build. no signal to monitor

have u plugged in the TWO power plugs on the motherboard
have u plugged the power for the video card
have u checked the case to mobo power wire is in the right spot
the video card u have requires a minimum of 500w power supply.......... u have purchased a corsair cx 500 which is not up to the job, while being a fine psu for onboard video........it is underpowered for your system

the motherboard u chose is a tad low end see reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-first-time-build-no-signal-to-monitor.1148801/
Relevancy 70.52%

utorrent isn't working too well whereas it usually does and I want to know what is the best utorrent for vista ultimate x64 build 6001 and also what are the best tweaks and settings for the version I should use please tell me the best/most ideall version and aqlso link me to a tweak/settings guide thanks. NOTE: I DO NOT USE UTORRENT TO DOWNLOAD ILLEGAL MATERIAL

A:Best Utorrent Build For Vista Ult. X64 Build 6001

hi ,,, i also use utorrent,,, as regards tweeks, there is not much you can do,,, its more to do with your hardware if you want faster and more stable downloads and what profile your broadband is,,, im on an 6meg profile and achive about 5 meg as im about 2km fromthe exchange,,, i use a site called kitz.com in the uk and they sugest useing a router and resetting the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unitif files collide then it has to be sent again,,, if the mtu is set to high it could be to fast and collisions happen and it has to be sent to you again slowing the download,,, default for ethernet setup on a windows os is 1500,,, to high,,, i reset mine to 1423 and torrents take less time now because files dont have to be re sent.http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/index.htmlook in ADSL tab at the top of the page and then "tweeking mtu" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149849/best-utorrent-build-for-vista-ult-x64-build-6001/
Relevancy 70.52%

Windows 7 has reached RTM builds
and there will be several candidate builds in RTM.

first candidate build of RTM is build 7260.

6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build

compiled on 12 june.

You may ask why the first assembly win7_rtm has already been collected on 12 June not 15 June. There are several working groups involved in the process of assembling win 7 RTM build and will be assessing the quality of assemblies. Once the assembly is collected and its quality is confirmed, only then they put to the vote.

you may take time to understand all of these steps and procedures, so only the assembly from June 12 and June 15, attained the status of the real candidates for the final RTM release.

Edit :Link Removed.
but im not sure in news thread we quote links but not allowed in discussion threads
any reason for that!!!

A:Windows 7 Build 7260 (first candidate build of RTM)

Airbot pls do your job

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13378-windows-7-build-7260-first-candidate-build-rtm.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Microsoft released Windows for PCs build today the first Insider Preview build since the Anniversary Update was launched last Tuesday The company noted that it might take a few hours for the build to show for everyone As promised earlier this week there s not a the Here's for new Redstone first in PCs 14901, Windows 10 build build 2 what's lot that s new There are just two known issues Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build and one new feature Here s what s new Improving Product Education As part of an effort to explore new ways of educating our customers on features in Windows we are testing out new notifications within File Explorer They re designed to help customers by providing quick easy information about things they can do or new features they can try to have a better experience with Windows If you want to opt out of these notifications you can do so by unchecking Show sync provider notifications from the Options menu in the File Explorer View tab Dona Sarkar head of the Windows Insider Program took the time to mention Windows Mobile which was the one version of Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Windows that didn t get an Anniversary Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Update last week She said that the team is quot laser-focused quot on getting the AU to Mobile and she thinks that they re almost ready According to Dona you can help by installing build on your phone and submitting feedback nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/heres-whats-new-in-windows-10-for-pcs-build-14901-the-first-redstone-2-build.62327/
Relevancy 70.52%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file

Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.

A:Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46396-windows-10-build-insider-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi All,
I am currently running OS 7 Beta RC Build 7100. Were do I get this newer version, is there a big difference? And am I able to upgrade to the newer Beta?

I realize that October is fast approaching for the RTM but I plan to keep running the Beta for a couple of months past the Grand Opening.

Is it possible that all the updates that I have received equally add up to the newer build?

A:Upgrade from Build 7100 to Build 7264?

I'm still wondering where people got build 7600. :/
I'm running the same build as you, but this beta is gonna expire soon, so we got no choice but to get the RTM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19147-upgrade-build-7100-build-7264-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about to reload the earlier day's image from my Windows Home Server. But it seemed even easier to revert to the previous build, not yet removed from the Windows.old folder. This I did, and everything soon was running fine as expected.

The issue is that the Updates check is not offering Build 11102 again. This isn't a showstopper; I'm sure there will be another newer build soon. But it would be nice to be back up on this latest build, just as all my other Win10 machines are running.

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

A:How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

Hi,
If you have set it on Fast ring, it will be updated after 24 hrs, so need to be patient.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38539-how-get-latest-build-after-reverting-earlier-build.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Build 237 (2015-02-10) BETA

IMPROVED: Malware removal on Windows 8.

Build 236 (2015-02-10)

FIXED: Handling of Proxy Auto-Config (PAC) files.
ADDED: Command line switch /proxy=<noproxy|auto|wpad|http:|serverort>
Example: /proxy=http://server/pac.js
IMPROVED: Remnant scanner.
Download Links
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro.exe
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro_x64.exe

A:Hitman Pro 3.7.9 Build 236 Final/ Build 237 BETA

Beta Download:
http://www.hitmanpro.com/beta

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitman-pro-3-7-9-build-236-final-build-237-beta.42101/
Relevancy 67.94%

All I would really appreciate your input on my final first Build: About my build, advice order ever C2D to please spec for my first build Intended Usage - Heavy multitasking C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please - Mail browsing downloading movies playng music with Mediaplayer decoding movies online poker - Games - Warcraft Flight sims RTS Other Info - I will be using my existing Dell inch LCD running x - I will experiment with moderate overclocking but this is my main system so I want a stable box that will run for - years - I don t want the extra complexity of RAID - I am not interested in SLI I will buy the top of the line DX graphics card next year the current choice is only a stop gap - Based on what I have heard above the minimal cpu impact I am going for on board sound rather than a separate card - In future I see myself upgrading to C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please quad core - I will run XP as my main OS with Vista on its own partition until I am happy to move to Vista late next year Will also have another OS partition on the main Harddrive C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please for messing around with Linux Questions - What are your general thoughts - How does my memory choice look - Does my PSU look ok for the future I would like a modular unit I won t go SLI but do see myself having Quad core and a beefy DX GPU as well as SATA devices - Is there an ATI alternative to my graphics card choice as I hear ATI is the way to go right now Also I want to avoid reinstalling my OS if I move to an ATI DX card I have hear that you should reinstall the OS if you are changing between ATI amp Nvidia drivers - What s the view on my case I want something with good cooling quiet space to move around in and good looking Suggestions Spec These parts are available in online amp local stores i live in Holland Processor - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - P W DH Deluxe Intel X I changed this from a Gigabyte DQ after hearing about a lot of memory problems Cooler - Zalman CNPS AT Memory - GB - OCZ DDR PC - Platinum Revision CL - - - OR GB Corsair XMS TWIN X DDR MB CL Video - XFX GeForce GT MB will upgrade to DX card s next year Hard Drive - Western Digital Raptor WD AD - Windows XP Vista Linux Games partitions Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda - another of these to be added later for backup Case - GigaByte D Aurora I have been bouncing between a Coolermaster Mystique a Coolermaster Praetorian and a Collermaster WaveMaster now I have this choice PSU - OCZ Modstream W or Antec NEO W Floppy cardreader - Mitsumi in FDD Cardreader Optical - NEC AD- A DVD burner nbsp

A:C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please

Good, except for the E6600. Get the E6400 and overclock it (should overclock well with that board and your ram, without blowing up your processor in 3 years). Will save you quite a bit of money that way.

Also just a personal recommendation. Get the Enermax Noisetaker II 485W PSU instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c2d-build-about-to-order-my-first-ever-build-advice-please.58811/
Relevancy 67.94%

I plan on using this computer for games like FC Crysis Civ LoL look computer build, a good build? this First does like Arma Kerbal SP CoD SimCity torrenting and multitasking gaming music or gaming skype or all three I plan First computer build, does this look like a good build? on building it within the month I prefer performance over cost I have Windows Ultimate -bit I have a quot Samsung T B x Bose USB speakers and a mouse but I will need a keyboard I also have access to wired internet I m just wondering if anyone First computer build, does this look like a good build? has any suggestions on these parts seeing as I am new to computer building I did a good amount of research so far And also if these parts would fit and work well together Thank First computer build, does this look like a good build? you CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus P Z -V PRO GEN ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LP GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Wired Network Adapter Intel EXPI CTBLK Mbps PCI-Express x Network Adapter Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Antec Basiq Plus W PLUS Certified ATX V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Keyboard Lite-On SK- BS Wired Standard Keyboard Total from Newegg nbsp

A:First computer build, does this look like a good build?

The build looks good. I only have one question. Is the on-board LAN (network adapter) not suitable for your needs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build-does-this-look-like-a-good-build.191395/
Relevancy 67.94%

What's new in HitmanPro 3.7.7 Build 205 Beta:
August 26th, 2013

FIXED: Processing of ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad startup entries.
FIXED: Processing of Task Scheduler jobs.

Download

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitmanpro-3-7-7-build-203-3-7-7-build-205-beta.17869/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,

Ive recently built a new comp and put win 7 on it. Now, I was wondering about the new/differant builds. Looks like I have build 7100. And thus far really like, alot!

Should I download a new build?

What are the differences? Will I notice?

Where Do I get new builds?

Thanks alot!

A:Should I upgrade My Win 7 build to a newer build???

The new build (7127 is the only new 1 so far) is available on most torrent sites. If you are having no issues with the RC build 7100 then you may not notice any difference, although, 7127 does seem a bit faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11123-should-i-upgrade-my-win-7-build-newer-build.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586?

The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build.

A:Update to Build 10586

Try do a manual in-place install :

Use this Tech Bench link and download the Windows 10 iso file:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 > click Confirm.
click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
Installation will begin.
It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

*** after you are done installing and Win 10 10586 is activated, you can burn the iso file to a bootable media such as DVD or USB. You can use that for future re-install. ***

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/43204-update-build-10586-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Latest reference file : 1R201 16.07.2003
Please Note Build 181 is now available! This download is for use with build 181 and higher only. Support is no longer available for previous builds and reference files.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Relevancy 67.51%

I cannot update my 10565 build (tried several times in the last days) and , windows update says my system is updated, as i am using the same account of my RTM system, but different system images; could this be the reason?
Thanks in advance for any help

A:cannot update my 10565 build

Originally Posted by Gas

I cannot update my 10565 build (tried several times in the last days) and , windows update says my system is updated, as i am using the same account of my RTM system, but different system images; could this be the reason?
Thanks in advance for any help

Have a look at this tutorial :
How to Reset Windows Update in Windows 10
Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/28624-cannot-update-my-10565-build.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Avira Version 2014 (german & english) is now available for beta testing at the Avira BetaCenter. Existing installations will receive this update automatically.

Changelog 14.0.7.352 (Update 7.2)

Major refactoring of the GaviDB component, which is a local data base used by the analysis algorithms
https://betacenter.avira.com

https://malwaretips.com/threads/build-14-0-7-352-update-7-2-beta.37841/
Relevancy 67.51%

Changelog 14.0.7.342 (Update 7.1)

Fixed a bug where the IPM (In Product Messenger) slider could not be closed / minimized

https://malwaretips.com/threads/build-14-0-7-342-update-7-1-beta.35810/
Relevancy 67.51%

Changelog 14.0.7.334 (Update 7.1)

Providing the Launcher to all users of Avira Free Antivirus
Updated and adapted Help menu
Several internal fixes and optimizations
Update 7.1 for Avira Version 2014 (german/english) is now available for beta testing at the Avira BetaCenter. Existing installations will receive this update automatically.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/build-14-0-7-334-update-7-1-beta.35327/
Relevancy 67.51%

Running build 10240 right now,can I take build updates from another computer and install on mine? My data plan is getting a good workout with windows 10, ran over last month and got a $15.00 charge. any suggestion on this?

Z

A:Update to new build version

On one of the other computers, convert the ESD file (search C: drive for *.ESD) to ISO file - you can use that to install it on the computer you are talking about. Make sure and make an image of 10240 so you can go back to it before the insider builds expire.

Oops forgot the link....
ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/25153-update-new-build-version.html
Relevancy 66.65%

setuperr.log
Update fails at 100 percent and cannot even use the windows 10 iso to upgrade using in place upgrade the error log has been attached. System is an H61 Uefi on an ssd. Currently on built 10240. Additional information can be provided if requested.

A:Cannot update to Build 1151 windows 10

2016-05-07 10:36:03, Error CONX ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::HostIsUEFIDiskLayout: Failed to retrieve system partition NT path.
2016-05-07 10:36:03, Error CONX CHostIsUEFICompliantChecker failed. [Failed to check whether host has UEFI disk layout.] HRESULT = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:03, Error CONX ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::GetSystemVolumeNtPath: Failed to retrieve system partition NT path.
2016-05-07 10:36:03, Error CONX CFreeSystemPartitionDiskSpaceChecker failed. [Failed to retrieve system volume NT path.] HRESULT = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:03, Error CONX ConX::Compatibility::CCompatibilityHost::SetScanResult: Compat scan from provider wsc:setup: failed. HRESULT = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpActionCompat::ExecuteSysReqScan(773): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpActionCompat::ExecuteRoutine(620): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl<class CDlpErrorImpl<class CDlpObjectInternalImpl<class CUnknownImpl<class ICompatAction> > > >::Execute(441): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpTask::ExecuteAction(3243): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpTask::ExecuteActions(3397): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpTask::Execute(1631): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CSetupManager::ExecuteTask(2024): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CSetupManager::ExecuteTask(1987): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CSetupManager::ExecuteInstallMode(716): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CSetupManager::ExecuteDownlevelMode(389): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error SP CSetupPlatform::ResurrectNewSystem: Cannot resurrect new system.: Win32Exception: \\?\C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\NewSystem.dat: The system cannot find the file specified. [0x00000002] __cdecl UnBCL::FileStream::FileStream(const class UnBCL::String *,enum UnBCL::FileMode,enum UnBCL::FileAccess,enum UnBCL::FileShare,unsigned long)[gle=0x00000002]
2016-05-07 10:36:05, Error MOUPG MoSetupPlatform: SetupPlatform::SetSqmDatapoint(DWORD) returned: [0x80004005]
2016-05-07 10:36:05, Error MOUPG MoSetupPlatform: SetupPlatform::SetSqmDatapoint(DWORD) returned: [0x80004005]
2016-05-07 10:36:05, Error MOUPG MoSetupPlatform: SetupPlatform::SetSqmDatapoint(String) returned: [0x80004005]
2016-05-07 10:36:05, Error MOUPG MoSetupPlatform: SetupPlatform::Se... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49534-cannot-update-build-1151-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Changelog 15.0.9.496 / 14.0.9.120 (Update 9)
One Installer for Free and Pro product
On the fly upgrade and downgrade based on licenses used
Bugfixes:
Server: "Unknown error <34244>" in on-demand scan log file using an expired license
Each update downloaded the rootkit.avp file
Detection and Error icons were missing on events screen of AV Control Center
Upload to cloud window has now a new look.
In some rare situations the AV-Guard crashed on startup
In some rare situations the AV-Systray module seems to have a memory leak
systemutilities.dll will no longer require a reboot while updating
Vendor information in "Program and Features" now shows the correct value.
Custom installlations will now be respected during the update process to update 9.

A:Avira beta build: 15.0.9.496(Update 9)

Avira ...

As a "tricked-out" basic scanner I like Avira...and I like the GUI but that's about it.

It does not protect system settings - like Windows firewall - and worse, it cannot even fully protect itself from shutdown.

Avira's protection model is an anachronism - a dinosaur.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-beta-build-15-0-9-496-update-9.43371/
Relevancy 66.65%

Changelog 15.0.8.618 (Update 8)

increased update frequency for the Free Antivirus (default is 2h, same as Antivirus Pro)
effective for new installations
existing installations remain unchanged but users could change interval to 2h manually (automatic change of existing installations probably with a future update)

A:Avira Build 15.0.8.618 (Update 8) Beta

Petrovic said:

Changelog 15.0.8.618 (Update 8)

increased update frequency for the Free Antivirus (default is 2h, same as Antivirus Pro)
effective for new installations
existing installations remain unchanged but users could change interval to 2h manually (automatic change of existing installations probably with a future update)

https://betacenter.avira.comClick to expand...

Woooww this is my wish to Avira and looks it is accepted
This is great news Avira Free users

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-build-15-0-8-618-update-8-beta.41459/
Relevancy 66.65%

New fixes and changes in build 14.0.6.570 (Update 6.1)
Changelog 14.0.6.570 (Update 6.1)

Minor bug fixes
With this update all Avira Free Antivirus beta installations will get an update windows where you can install the Avira Launcher with the new mini-gui and the possibility to install additional Avira services like Avira Browser Safety.

A:Avira New beta build: 14.0.6.570 (Update 6.1)

Any test/s demonstrating their cloud performance ?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-new-beta-build-14-0-6-570-update-6-1.31972/
Relevancy 66.65%

Since 10576 I get a least one time every day a BSOD with the error message "video_scheduler_internal_error" when playing a facebook game in Microsoft edge,
(New Dell notebook Inspiron 15 3000 Series)

Achim.Unawatuna Sri Lanka

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/db71d3ec-5bd6-4b00-9697-ea4eefb7bf46/bsod-after-update-to-build-10576?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 66.65%

New fixes and changes in build 14.0.6.552 (Update 6)
Bugfixes of the latest build:
Internal WebGuard improvement
Avira Launcher for all Avira Free Antivirus installations.
With this update all Avira Free Antivirus beta installations will get an update windows where you can install the Avira Launcher with the new mini-gui and the possibility to install additional Avira services like Avira Browser Safety.

A:Avira New beta build: 14.0.6.552 (Update 6)

This version seems in stable release channel now. Can you confirm please?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-new-beta-build-14-0-6-552-update-6.30634/
Relevancy 66.65%

I updated to 1493.10, and now frequently the fonts look terrible - Facebook, eBay, either in Chrome or Edge. Facebook in a browser has clearly changed the font type. Anyone else see this? It;s like fonts are broken - I went into Font Settings and reset the default fonts, no change. It even looks bad at 125% (see attached picture of a random comment list from Facebook/Washington Post). This looks like fonts from 20 years ago.

What should I do - can I reinstall, do you think that might help?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/58581-update-build-1493-10-fonts-bad.html
Relevancy 66.65%

This is just a how to for the folks out there with an L version machine a normalThere are in fact two bios versions for the revo build a normal version and an L version This is visible by looking at your bios menu or using a program such as speccy to see motherboard details Build to bios ha... How update Revo if M1-601 the you nbsp The bios initially provided by Acer on the download page will Revo Build M1-601 How to update the bios if you ha... fail when tried on an L Bios version stating its not the right version nbsp To download the correct version for an L bios version go Revo Build M1-601 How to update the bios if you ha... to the acer driver download page as normal for the m - but insteade of looking at just the latest versions change Revo Build M1-601 How to update the bios if you ha... the search box RHS just above listing to all Another bios will appear the description is the same but the key is it has and L in its file name nbsp When downloaded and expanded you will need to follow the instructions to flash under DOS by creating your own boot disk I used RUFUS to create mine It flashes with no problems at all nbsp Took me a while to figure this out as Acer has done a great job at hiding the bios listing

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Revo-Build-M1-601-How-to-update-the-bios-if-you-have-an-L/td-p/443429
Relevancy 66.65%

Changelog 14.0.7.468 (Update 7.2)

Fixed an issue where the registry scan took too long on Windows XP
Fixed a scanner crash which mostly occured on Windows 8.1
Fixed the "Loading of component '\gavidb.dll' failed (error code: 1060)" issue on Windows XP
Changelog 14.0.7.452 (Update 7.2)

Major refactoring of the GaviDB component, which is a local data base used by the analysis algorithms

A:Avira Build 14.0.7.468 (Update 7.2) Beta

You should mention name of software in Topic Name.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-build-14-0-7-468-update-7-2-beta.38190/
Relevancy 66.65%

Was looking at BuildFeed, this is the last build listed there:

10.0.14346.1000.rs1_release.160512-1748

Since it looks like RS1 is pretty much feature complete, could this build be the final release?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/50459-could-build-14346-anniversary-update-rtm.html