Windows Support Forum

Internet Connection Issues - Spontanious disconnects

Q: Internet Connection Issues - Spontanious disconnects

Hey guys,

I've been having a heck of a time with my internet. One moment it's working fine, the next second it wont load anything and my netflix (running off PS3) wont load the show I'm watch etc. It stays like that for a few minutes and then starts working again.

The whole time the modem says its connected and my computer says it has internet connection.

Much appreciative for any and all help!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/128032-internet-connection-issues-spontanious-disconnects.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet Connection Issues - Spontanious disconnects

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I am having a problem that when I connect to a VPN for work it disconnects my internet connection and I need to reboot the machine to the internet back again. I have tired to create a new VPN but the same thing happens, anyone out there that can help

A:VPN disconnects internet connection

You should probably contact helpdesk at work and get them to check your settings first. VPN connections are relatively complex, especially if you're using a non-default VPN client (something not built into Vista by default).

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220214-vpn-disconnects-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 that's about 6 years old and recently I have been experiencing a problem where my internet connection will randomly disconnect. It almost always can be brought back by unplugging and reconnecting the ethernet cable in the back of my computer, or by unplugging it from the wall and reconnecting it. (Since my computer is on the second floor and the router and the modem are on the 1st floor, we run the cable from the router through the wall and to the 2nd floor). It also can be resolved by resetting the modem and router.

Anyway, I have had this problem a few times before, but they seemed to just go away, but it has resurfaced once again. Does anybody have any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 65.36%

PC, DSL broadband connection disconnects only when I shut down the pc. I have to go to Network & Sharing, change adapter settings with each start up. And yes, there is a little circle with a green check mark in it. WAN Minipost (PPOE)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-disconnects-when-shut-down.1002639/
Relevancy 65.36%

Basically I've been having some issues with my internet connection, which strangely seem to occur when I'm viewing YouTube videos.

Each time I watch a video it works fine for a few minutes, then suddenly my internet connection drops. The status on my laptop still says "Connected" but I'm unable to load any pages, on any browser. The only way I'm able to get my internet connection back is to restart the computer.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2999 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228472 MB, Free - 148529 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JV50_MV
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

A:YouTube disconnects my Internet Connection

Run ths dns benchmark tool.
https://namebench.googlecode.com/files/namebench-1.3.1-Windows.exe

Untick ipv6
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728869

Remove tunnel adapters from your machine.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728872

Remove AVG
http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

Install Avast.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

Disable un needed start up items then reboot.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/startuplite/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/youtube-disconnects-my-internet-connection.1099259/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I am having a big problem with my internet connection. I connect to the internet through a VPN connection to my university. However, each time I see a video on youtube (or elsewhere), listen streamed music or even talk using Skype, my internet connection disconnects immediately.

I have had this problem with Windows Vista, and now that I have installed Windows 7 the problem is still the same.

So for every kind of streaming my internet connection (through VPN) almost immediately disconnects.

Any hints about this ?

Thanks

A:Internet Connection disconnects when streaming (VPN)

did you contact your university help desk? Its possible they have it set to only allow certain types of traffic to pass. Another thing is dropped packets. If you drop too many packet its possible the vpn will drop and since streaming might be using potentially large amounts of bandwidth...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-disconnects-when-streaming-vpn.916340/
Relevancy 65.36%

This only started about 2 weeks ago- my internet connection used to be very fast. It is wireless and shares with 2 other computers. I noticed this when it started taking about 5 minutes for me to connect to Starcraft 2 and then when the internet would have to reconnect to my network. What could all of a sudden cause my internet to be so slow?

Relevancy 65.36%

The last few weeks, if I am reading an article on yahoo that takes longer than two minutes, or click to read e-mail, then try to click back to Yahoo, or any of my favorites, the computer takes no action after it says "connecting to whatever" and locks up. Trying to go elsewhere, nothing will appear on the page but the "connecting to" at the bottom. Usually a restart is the only thing that will get it functioning again.Before this started, I made the mistake of trying IE 8. It slowed the computer to a crawl, so I removed it using Revo, and reinstalled the previous one, which seems to work except for this disconnect.
Windows home premium
Gateway gt 5438 computer
Intel Core Duo process E4300
Memory Dual channel 2048 MB DDR2
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Nosmiley

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233567/internet-connection-locks-up-or-disconnects/
Relevancy 64.5%

The problem Randomly or Connection Internet Resets Disconnects is that my internet connection either randomly loses connection for about - seconds until it gets back online Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets or disconnects all together When it disconnects and it can t get back online on it s own I have to pull the power plug and plug it back in My sister in law Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets and I are sharing internet since our houses are about feet between each other We are using one modem and two routers All we did was just plug the second router to the first router and it worked We didn t configure anything in the router control panels we basically just plugged and play Since it s been kicking us off or resetting on us I feel it might be something that we had to configure in the two routers But I don t know what to configure So if anyone knows a fix for this please help Here is our setup Primary House amp Modem amp Belkin Router we are wired and wireless amp ft cable LAN d on Belkin WAN d on Linksys amp Linksys Router sister in law is wired and wireless amp Secondary House nbsp

A:Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets

My sister in law and I are sharing internet since our houses are about 100 feet between each other.Click to expand...

if you look at your T&Cs you will find you are most likely NOT allowed to do this - most ISP have terms which state that you can only use the service in ONE premise

unless you can show us that the ISP will allow this, we cannot help you here , and I will close the post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-randomly-disconnects-or-resets.995304/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi everyone As the title suggest the household loses internet connection everyone few hours or so The disconnect usually lasts less than a minute and the computers smartphones automatically reconnect afterwards When the connection fails it seems to fail for Internet Wireless Disconnects Connection Intermittently all devices simultaneously This problem has been going on for a very long time and I finally decided to try and see if the cause can be uncovered Any help will be greatly appreciated Windows IP Configuration Host Name FINN Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently Physical Address - - D-A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - D-A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c cdd Preferred Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Thursday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BB-EF-BD- C- - E- - C- DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address C- - E- - -DB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F C B-B - D- DAD-AAFFB B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e e Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface A BA - - C- C F- DEACD C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BC - BE - F - EF- E A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A CB - F E- AA- EE- DB D B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Click to expand nbsp

A:Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently

The ipconfig /all shows an apparently good connection to a wireless router or access point.

When these disconnects happen do the devices maintain communication with the router and with each other?

What do the LEDs on the router tell you?

Do you have a separate modem? If so, what do its LEDs tell you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-disconnects-intermittently.1138620/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I have a Belkin G MIMO Router F D - connected to a Linksys AM Was suppose to Connection Solved: Frequently Internet Disconnects buy a Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects G MIMO with built in modem My ISP is TalkTalk Broadband Meg The router connects PCs on network Basically everyone loses connection frequently and they are starting to get annoyed All the PCs do not uses Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects static IP addresses Im not very good at Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects setting up routers and modems correctly and would like some help These are the reasosn I believe im gettign disconnected frequently Power Supply - Original power supply will not work worked once then all lights went off Using a Multi-Volt adaptor on the Belkin router output reads V A The multi-volt adaptor is selected at V which is the minimum and says this is A max is this incorrect and can it cause the dilemma im having All the lights are on and blink stay solid as they should Mixed Cards - Although the router is MIMO computer has a G card computers have a G card and the other computer uses an ethernet cable The ethernet card is built in and is Mbps Am thinking of upgrading so all are G and the same cards Have been told its bad to mix cards Bad Setup - I currently have the router set at PPPoE and same with the modem However I have other setups and am not sure I have the correct one Isn t bridge mode what I need The router s setups are Dynamic Static PPPoE PPTP and Telstra BigPond The modem s setups are PPPoE PPPoE Bridged Mode Half Bridge Not sure which one to use and how to configure correctly Modulation Type - I have been told the higher the speed the lower the stabilty I currently have the speed set at the highest so im not sure if this is the reason The types are ITU G G DMT ITU G G Lite ITU G G DMT bis ITU G ADSL my current one Static IPs - Are static IPs more stable and overall better or no difference All my IPs are automatically and sometimes i recieve the error IP conflict on the ethernet PC These are my thoughts on what the problem could be Any help is much appreicated Thanks for looking nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects

1. Personally I wouldn't operate any electronic device, certainly not a new one, without the proper power supply. Surely there is a long enough warranty to get that power supply replaced.

2. Try just using standard 802.11g until you get the problems ironed out. Then you can introduce MIMO and see if it improves or hurts.

3. If the AM200 modem/router is operating as a modem and router then the Belkin should be connecting with a dynamic connection. If the AM200 is bridged or whatever the term is to say that it is acting as a modem only then the Belkin router's connection must be whatever your ISP requires.

4. Don't know.

5. No difference, except that dynamic (automatic) are far more convenient.

Beyond the first 3 items you've identified (which you should take care of first), sometimes a router firmware upgrade and then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure will help disconnect problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-frequently-disconnects.732590/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm on a laptop that has Vista I use Comcast Cable and Firefox as my browser Awhile ago I tried to setup a router Linksys so that my sister could use it as well but for some reason I could not configure it properly and I ended up being without internet until I suppose tinkered with the right options and random Issues; disconnects, found, Internet pages etc. not it turned on through the Comcast modem box thing Okay so the problem basically goes like this randomly because I've yet to see any sign that links them together many varying problems will occur Here are the ones I can remember page is not displayed a lot of refreshing and it shows up I get redirected to Google I get redirected to a specific page I can't remember what this was but it stopped showing up I get redirected to a edu page I also can't remember the exact page for this either Internet Issues; pages not found, random disconnects, etc. Page Cannot Be Displayed a lot of refreshing also brings this back Aside from that sometimes my internet will just cut out but there will be no warning and the little display on my taskbar will tell me I'm still connected Firefox will display quot Firefox could not connect quot or whatever it says however I can still use AIM for a period of time then that stops too and when I used to play World of Warcraft I could continue to play that without losing my connection no effect on lag either I regularly run Spybot S amp D Anti-malware and sometimes CCleaner but I also have Spyware Doctor and AVG but I don't run them nearly ever Uhmmm that's all If you need any other info just ask but I'll probably need directions how to get it since I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers ------------------------------------------------------------------- I've contacted Comcast about my problem but they a won't help me setup my router they redirect me to the Linksys support which I might mention is in another country and the person I speak with NEVER fully understands what I need and b when I ask for modem help I get the normal quot oh you need to unplug it for x seconds and then quot etc etc I wish Comcast was more helpful ------------------------------------------------------------------- Okay I ran the first one and I'm attaching the document as per the instructions and I'll paste the other document in HOWEVER when I ran the second program gmer my computer bluescreens says something about a page being in a non-paged section and lists the file which I believe was quot ajunsk sys quot but I know that's spelled wrong -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Sean at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Internet Security On-access scanning disabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Spyware Doctor enabled Updated C EDD - E- ac- F -EFA E CBC SP AVG Internet Security enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF FW AVG Firewall enabled decf - - -b a-d d b Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Linksys Linksys Updater bin LinksysUpdater exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows syst... Read more

A:Internet Issues; pages not found, random disconnects, etc.

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for the long delay in response. Since it has been a while you posted, if you still require assistance, please provide us with a new set of logs in a new topic as this one shall be closed.

New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/internet-issues-pages-not-found-random-disconnects-etc-390084.html
Relevancy 63.64%

please help me i am in a big problem I have lost my cell phone and i dont have money to buy another and i have to contact a person soon its very important and internet is the only way now I am Using WIndows Ultimate bits The Problem Is When i Start my Pc My Manufacturer Logo Comes quot Powered by ASUS quot after that My After Blinking Internet and Connection Stops Card W Disconnects LAN Windows Loading Comes From the Backside My Internet Connection Disconnects and LAN Card Stops Blinking After W of Pc I Can see the Wire into Lan Card and the green light is Blinking Just after windows loading is finished The Lan Card Stops Blinking and After i put my password and login into my Account I see the Red Cross on Internet Connection and its Disconnected My Windows was working fine from the Last Months I Dont know what suddenly has happened Please Do not say me to check my Drivers or my wire lan card etc Ive Confirmed that the Internet Connection is Enabled from my Internet Service Provider Ive Checked my LAN Card By using Another External One quot Still the Same Problem quot Ive Checked my Wire by using it on Friend's Pc Wire is working fine Ive Re-Installed the windows After Re-installing the Windows Internet Works Fine But Just after Restarting Windows The Same Problem Comes Ive Performed the full pc scan for Spywares Malewares Trojans and Viruses but nothing worked Please Help meeee Please Help me i urgently need Internet

A:My Internet Connection Disconnects and LAN Card Stops Blinking After W

This may or may not help but doesn't take long and it's free.
Go to Internet Options
Connections
Lan settings
Make sure Proxy is not checked.
Take a look at this. Could help.
SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251923-my-internet-connection-disconnects-lan-card-stops-blinking-after-w.html
Relevancy 63.64%
Relevancy 63.64%

I can't seem to skype or video chat of any sort (ie: aim video chat, facebook video chat, etc.) on my computer. Whenever I start skype or try to start a video chat on aim/facebook, it fails and my internet disconnects for everyone. I don't know what could be wrong. Using the same wireless internet, my friends are able to video chat on their macbooks. It seems like my computer is the only one that can't video chat. Video chatting works when I use a sprint internet card. I have a sony vaio laptop running on windows 7. Our router in our apartment at school is a D-link wireless N? In addition to this problem, my internet loves to disconnect randomly too...this problem also persists at home with my Cisco Linksys router (model WRT160N V3) and Speedstream 5100 modem.

Please help! Thanx!

Relevancy 63.64%

I can t seem to skype or video chat of any sort ie aim Video chatting connection disconnects Internet and fails video chat facebook video chat etc on my computer Whenever I start skype or try to start a video chat on aim facebook it fails and my internet disconnects for everyone I don t know what could be wrong Using the same wireless internet my friends are able to video chat on their macbooks It seems like my computer is the only one that can t video chat Video chatting works when I use a sprint internet card I have a sony vaio laptop running on windows Our router in our apartment at school is a D-link wireless N In addition to this problem my internet loves to disconnect randomly too this problem also persists at home with my Cisco Linksys router model WRT N V and Speedstream modem please help Thanx O so i think i may have isolated the issue with skype failing and my random disconnections when i disable my norton symantec antivirus i don t get disconnected and my Video chatting fails and disconnects Internet connection skype works however that would mean I would be defenseless if i had no antivirus does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how I would be able to tweak the settings of norton or anything else that I may fix so that everything still works with my norton still enabled nbsp

A:Video chatting fails and disconnects Internet connection

Remove Norton entirely and go for a free antivirus program like Microsoft Security Essentials. Google for it, or it is available using Windows Update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-chatting-fails-and-disconnects-internet-connection.170013/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hardware ISP Cogeco Loc Southern Ontario Canada Modem ARRIS TM Router ASUS RT-N C Service Calls amp Conducted Services Service Calls Technicians Maintenance Modems Replaced ISP recommended routers In-House Rewiring Bell Blocks Removed Drop Replaced Tap up hour Months 72 Internet to Cogeco, Past - with Intermittent Disconnects 16 Issues Relocation Fast Q amp A - Modem DC s with or without a direct computer connection b direct receptacle or power bar c phone line connected d router connected or any configuration of settings Intermittent Internet Issues with Cogeco, up to 72 hour Disconnects - Past 16 Months e battery connected f waiting seconds before resetting g doing any combination of the above - Technicians stated our signal in the house was perfect - Technicians stated early on that the signal from the pole has a high upstream - Technicians who have come out during a downtime have stated signals are all over the place no consistent measure - Technicians have stated that they are surprised the connection is up because your signals are in flux - dB on every stream and signal - Adjacent neighbours have no internet phone TV issues They are also on the same plan and bundle - Internet amp Phone will disconnect every - minutes and be down from minute up to hours - We will go a week without any issues Then for - days up to weeks we will have massive disconnections and complete service interruptions at the above times - TV has no degradation of signal or any other issues during a down time - Weather seemed to be an early culprit but now the issue is occurring very frequently in perfect environment conditions Hopefully the above is enough information to paint the picture of the extremely irritating issue my mother s household has been facing My mother looks after my grandmother My grandmother relies on a working phone and we have had to pay WIND mobile for service for a cell phone because of how unreliable Cogeco has been It is a serious liability for us in having a working phone and internet in the household for obvious medical reasons We would like to stop paying additional cell phone contracts we do not need and we would also like to receive proper and consistent service from Cogeco or any ISP We want to know if switching ISP s would rectify this issue or if it is an issue that would plague us with any ISP In that case do we go to the city or where do we go from there Do we reach out to as many neighbors in our area to see if there s a collection of issues Anything really Should also mention Cogeco has given us a total of months of free service We currently are on the same free credit no bill for May I would switch ISP s immediately but if its a distribution issue would switching ISPs fix the issue for sure If not other ISPs like Bell may not give such credit Very hesitant We used Bell for years and then switched to Cogeco in Cogeco has been fine up until I do not live at this residence but I am responsible for ensuring tech stuff works I have been unable to figure out the cause on my own regardless of how much I ve tried to learn about internet infrastructure and distribution within my local area calls and a dozen or so technicians have also gone wasted Hopefully someone with experience can shed some light on this nbsp

A:Intermittent Internet Issues with Cogeco, up to 72 hour Disconnects - Past 16 Months

This is cable service, right?

First--slightly off topic--the only phone in a household should not be via cable company unless the phone is only a luxury. I know that my cable company even advised my neighbor to not switch to them from a landline unless he had a cell phone.

Sounds like a problem somewhere between the place where her service branches off from the main coax cable and the modem. Maybe a loose connection; maybe a defective component; maybe a frayed cable that sometimes contacts something it shouldn't.

- Technicians who have come out during a downtime have stated 'signals are all over the place, no consistent measure'

- Technicians have stated that they are surprised the connection is up because 'your signals are in flux 10-50 dB on every stream and signal'Click to expand...

And those technicians didn't start working backward to find the source of the fault???

If the service is similar to mine outside the residence her cable connects to the company's cable and that junction should be grounded. Carefully check that connection for tightness and for absence of corrosion or rust. Clean it if necessary and protect it if that seems to be needed. Unless that connection is the source of the problem I think that it is up to the technicians to trace the problem back to the source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-internet-issues-with-cogeco-up-to-72-hour-disconnects-past-16-months.1125873/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I am new to hyjackthis and have discerned some of the problem files that were found in my exceedingly long list files found mixer) freeze connection (including sound Issue's: programs Internet Multiple disconnects, from hyjackthis scan I ve attempted to delete some of these files with Fix Checked and upon Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) a new scan some of the same files still remain My trial and error period with this program is over as clearly I will need a much more informed perspective in order to resolve these issues Here is my log please give me some advice on how to avoid a full system crash whenever you are able to Much appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x iBryte playbryte iBryteDesktop exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www youcansearch com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Browser Enhancer - ef bd - f - - f-f cdf eb - C Program Files x CAJ Media Browser Enhancer adxloader dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO WeCareReminder - D F DE- D - F - EB - ECD ABB - C ProgramData WeCareReminder IEHelperv dll file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SSDMonitor C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe O - HKLM Run SAOB Monitor C Program Files x Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe quot C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run dellsupportcenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x NEC Electro... Read more

A:Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435698/multiple-issues-internet-connection-disconnects-programs-freeze-including-sound-mixer/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello For the last month I've been having problems with my computer The main symptomsare - internet connection disconnects every - hours sometimes shorter longer - the download rate dropped from to on a regular basis - the computer gets slow sometimes more than usual and acts weird I've checked the matter with the internet cables and the modem providers - everything is fine and I believe that there's a malicious Trojan inside my computer The thing is that I'm quite an expert and I HAVE tried EVERYTHING on my own but NOTHING works I've tried the steps you recommended I've scanned online with every recommended virus Connection Droped Half, Trojan/spyware Speed - By Plus Unknown Disconnects Connection scanner available I got the AVG anti virus amp anti spyware firewall I scanned witheverything possible They all found minor things but nothing serious Spy Catcher was the onethat catched many things actually I've done many scans in either Normal or Safe modes andnow the results are showing that it's all cleaned However - the problem is still there I hope you can help me with the following Hijackthis log Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware file If nothing helps I guess the next step will be probably just to format and reinstall windows something that happens on a rather regular basis on my computer I'd appreciate any useful comment Thanks Liaf HERE'S MY LOG FILE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunThreatEngine exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunProtectionServer exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SpyCatcher Scheduler daemon exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeE BitLord BitLord exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgwa datC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - A C D- CED- A - D-DAE A FD - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ASM quot C Program Files AOL Active Security Monitor ASMonitor exe quot HIDEMAINO - HKLM Run SunServer C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Pr... Read more

A:Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware

Hi again,

Please reply asap, even if you don't know what it is - I need to know if it's something
that can't be fixed so that I'll reinstall windows.
HELP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75349/connection-speed-droped-by-half-plus-connection-disconnects-unknown-trojanspyware/
Relevancy 53.32%

Firefox won't connect to the internet and AVG can't update connection fails Internet explorer connects fine though I'm guessing it's an infection but maybe you folks can tell me for sure cleaned about problems issues Internet connection using Adaware and spybot I followed all the prep stuff some notes on that- Bit defender couldn't update the virus dbase Internet connection issues and couldn't complete a scan- No firewall is currently running because I felt that may have been the cause of the issues- Window's is up to date except for SP if you reccommend installing it I'll do it but I've heard bad things and was a little hesitant ThanksHJT Log----------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Internet connection issues ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell ca mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - Internet connection issues HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell ca mywayO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEO - HKLM Run SMSTray C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SMSTray exeO - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -DelayO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - Extra context men... Read more

A:Internet connection issues

Hi ,

The forums are really busy, that explains why logs get behind. If you still need some help, please start with posting a new hijackthislog in this thread. Don't start with a new thread.
Then we'll take a look.
Regards,

Rosty.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181359/internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi All Could issues connection Internet do with a bit of help please I am having a few issues with my internet connection which is only happening on my laptop all other devices on my network work fine It seems to happen on Internet connection issues the hour every hour I can not access any web pages or initiate any new rdp sessions My laptop is still connected to the internet and if I am on an rdp session I Internet connection issues can still control the servers I am also still connected to skype and can send IM s but can not initiate receive calls When running quot Troubleshoot problems quot in the network and sharing centre I sometimes get quot The diagnostic Policy service is not running quot Even if I restart it my internet access does not come back the only solution then is to restart the laptop and then all works fine until the next time What I have done In CMD run the following net localgroup Administrators add networkservice net localgroup Administrators add localservice Re-installed wireless drivers as well as Ethernet port drivers Used Windows Repair Portable from Tweaking com and Reset registry permissions Reset file permissions Repair Winsock amp DNS Cache sfc scannow Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios All have failed to resolve the issue so I am out of ideas In event viewer I have the following errors each time the connection drops Application log Error ESENT Database corruption svchost SRUJet A bad page link error - has been detected in a B-Tree ObjectId PgnoRoot of database C Windows system SRU SRUDB dat gt --------- Error Application Error Faulting application name svchost exe DPS version time stamp x a a e Faulting module name ESENT dll version time stamp x e e Exception code xc Fault offset x a Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cecfce e b Faulting application path C Windows System svchost exe Faulting module path C Windows System ESENT dll Report Id e f - bc - e -beb - cf dd ad Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID --------- Information Windows Error reporting Fault bucket type Event Name APPCRASH Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P svchost exe DPS P P a a e P ESENT dll P P e e P c P a P P Attached files C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local Temp WER D tmp appcompat txt C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local Temp WER E tmp WERInternalMetadata xml C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local Temp WER F tmp hdmp C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local Temp WER D tmp dmp These files may be available here C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportQueue AppCrash svchost exe DPS bebb cdf d de d a b bbe b ccd cab c e Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id e f - bc - e -beb - cf dd ad Report Status System Log Error Service Control Manager The Base Filtering Engine service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s -------- Error Service Control Manager The Diagnostic Policy Service service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service -------- Error Service Control Manager The Windows Firewall service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s -------- Error Service Control Manager The Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s I would appreciate any ideas anyone has Thanks Barday nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Every minutes to hours the internet stops working Not just for computer for every device in the house computers Xboxs and a Wii When it happens you have to log in to the router and reset it or unplug it in order to Issues Connection Internet regain connection Its aweful because it makes online gameplay impossible And me and the friend both Internet Connection Issues take online coarses at our college Last semester he failed a class when it went off in the middle of his exam which he was not able to retake As I said it is randomly every little while We have not noticed anything that correlates with it going off The wireless modem router is a Motorola SBG When you log into it under Cable Status it lists Acquire Downstream Channel Obtain Upstream Parameters Establish IP Connectivity using DHCP Establish Time Of Internet Connection Issues Day Transfer Operational Parameters through TFTP and Cable Modem Status Beside each one of those it tells you the status such as obtaining done failed operational It used to usually say quot obtaining quot beside upsteam parameters of downstream channels And if you waited it would reset itself But latley sometimes it just says quot failed quot next to Cable Modem Status and you have to reset or wait a long time for it to begin working again Internet Connection Issues There are even times when it says its functioning properly and must be reset in order to get it to work Ive searched the web and there are a million people with the same issue but most of the time its just one computer for them And if not the solution doesnt help us Is there anymore info I can retrieve to help anyone help me nbsp

A:Internet Connection Issues

as said in your last post - you need the ISP to do a line test
Last semester he failed a class when it went off in the middle of his exam which he was not able to retakeClick to expand...

would make sense to pay the ISP and get the support and line test or even a replacement modem / router = working out a bit expensive if you are failing class

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issues.975462/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I am having a problem on my lenovo G since yesterday evening Almost all websites i try to load get stuck on waiting for website com with two exceptions gmail google search and twitter No other pages load Connection Internet Issues and programs cannot connect to download updates Google and twitter both load very quickly This happened a few weeks ago but the problem resolved instelf some how This is happening in both chrome and internet explorer I've tried clearing all browsing data disabling extensions using google's DNS It happens on my home network ethernet and wi-fi as well as at school No other devices are having issues I'm not sure if this is a malware issue or not so i figured i would post in this forum first However I know java has had some Internet Connection Issues security issues again lately Java tried to update to a couple of days ago before the problems started However the updater said Java was up to date even though it was still on I had to download the update on another computer and transfer it to the windows machine to install it Also I tried scanning with Avast but the full system scan finishes instantly with a runtime of and no threats found which seems odd Should I try the malware forum Thanks John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486701/internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

Well my friend is having trouble connecting to the steam servers but not only that he cant connect to chrome either he restarted his modem/router i don't know which one he has. The only thing that works is IE for internet. He tried everything could you guys help.

Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware free https://www.malwarebytes.org/
Scan with Farbar (disable AV if it complains) Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Run CCleaner and clean, registry included

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/372930-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My roommate just switched over to an internet router that requires a password. I typed in the password, and it achieves "Limited Connectivity." After running the diagnostics originally, it said that I had an IP address error. After trying a few of the ideas posted on other forums, it now says that windows can't find a solution to the problem. My XP laptop and phone can connect, but not my Windows 7 desktop. I attached a JPG of my ipconfig as suggested by others. I know this question has been asked 1.23 million times, but I can't find anything that works. Help?

A:Internet Connection issues

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Is W7 managing the connection or do you have some OEM software like Dell connection manager or Intel's tool?

Have you tried clearing out any previous entry that you had for this connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253483-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I bought a new Dell Inspiron one. I have notice if my computer goes into sleep mode my internet connection is dropped it say it?s connected but it?s not. I have to try and connect many times before it will connect. I have tried it wireless connection and hardwired connection. I call dell tech and they changed the power management settings to this
Dim display-never
Turn off display-never
Put computer to sleep-never
This will keep me connected to the internet but my computer is always on.
Dell Tech say there is an issue with windows 7 that if your computer has 4g of memory are more that you will have this problem. I think it?s something else. Any help would be grateful. Thanks

A:Internet Connection issues

Duke, Welcome to Sevenforums!

Likely it has something to do with the Dell hardware that causes this issue. My guess is if they don't know how to fix one of their own computers (or they know that it can't be fixed), then I am not sure if someone else would.

Generally speaking, sleep mode and connecting to the internet isn't effected by the amount of RAM one has (to my knowledge). But I do not know if that is true for Dell computers or select Dell computers. I myself own a computer with 12GB RAM and have no problems. I used to own another computer with Vista, and I managed to have sleep mode working perfectly, but on certain installs, the internet wouldn't work after a wake from sleep mode unless I restarted or disabled/re-enabled the wireless network device. My guess is it would be hardware related. Try updating everything in windows update and download all recent drivers. If you need help on the driver side, please follow this link: New to SevenForums? Fill out your system specs (this tool may help you out a great deal).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199407-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all For a while now I ve been having problems with my net connection At first it started out with random disconnections-- lately it s been almost unbearable Web pages load extremely connection Internet issues. slow as well as complete random disconnects Some background-- Currently connected through Comcast At first I thought it might be a problem with the router sharing connection with another wired comp and a wireless laptop so I updated my router with the latest Internet connection issues. firmware and still had the same issues SO I tried hooking my comp up directly to the modem and still have the same issues I also recently reformatted my comp but updated all of my drivers with driverscanner The other pcs in the house have the same issue Internet connection issues. so I know it s not directly related to my pc they all disconnect at the same time Also I recently got a new modem The old modem seemed to work fine and the problems seemed to have started after we hooked it up The model of the modem is Motorola Surfboard SP if it helps I m guessing it s a problem with the modem but I would have no idea how to go about fixing it Comcast is no help-- their attitude seems to be quot well if the internet is connecting it s not our problem quot yeah it might be connected but it s not working correctly Any help would be appreciated I m losing my mind here-- I play World of Warcraft and this MS random disconnection thing is not working for me nbsp

A:Internet connection issues.

Also, when I first reset my router/modem, it works fine for a few minutes before the lag starts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issues.814346/
Relevancy 53.32%

Having issues running updates to my virus protection software and also connecting to the internet Getting WSAStartup errors I am able to do windows updates so I know the internet connection is working Just can t run internet explorer and can t find the icon or program link to start internet explorer It s like it has disappeared from my computer I tried google chrome but that isn t connecting to the internet either I hoping I won t have to reinstall everything issues Internet connection Here is the log file from combofix ComboFix - - - Owner - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running from c users Owner Desktop ComboFix exe Command switches used c users Owner Desktop CFScript txt SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FILE quot c windows system drivers quot Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - Internet connection issues - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Owner AppData Local ElevatedDiagnostics - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers CSCrySec sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers CSVirtualDiskDrv sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Kaspersky Lab - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files CCleaner - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Owner AppData Roaming Malwarebytes - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Malwarebytes - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mbam sys - - - Internet connection issues - -------- d-----w- c users Owner AppData Local PackageAware - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates BB EDBC- B- F -B E -DDBF D C mpengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system SPReview - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mrxsmb sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system netfxperf dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system dfshim dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system bcryptprimitives dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow wdscore dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow PkgMgr exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow drvstore dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow dpx dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow wbemcomn dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow wbem fastprox dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wmicmiplugin dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wbemcomn dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wbem wbemcore dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system SmiEngine dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system PkgMgr exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drvstore dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system dpx dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system EventProviders - - - - -------- d-----w- C f cd cd cbe fe - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Owner AppData Local Diagnostics - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow msclmd dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msclmd dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows apppatch acwow dll - - - - ------w- c windows system MpSigStub exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system umpnpmgr dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow devobj dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow devrtl dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow cfgmgr dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow drvinst exe SnapShot - - - - - - c windows system wdi ShutdownPerformanceDiagnostics SystemData bin - - - - - c windows system wdi BootPerformanceDiagnostics SystemData bin - - - - c windows system wdi BootPerformanceDiagnostics SystemData bin - - - - c windows system wdi a b- c d- ddf-a c- faa d S- - - - - - - UserData bin - - - - - c windows system config systemprofile AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies index dat - - - - c windows system config systemprofile AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies index dat - - - - c windows system config systemprofile AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE index dat - - - - - c windows system config systemprofile AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE index dat - - - - ... Read more

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413759/internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys, i've been trying to figure this out for about a week and I still can't solve the problem.
My computer runs fine, and Firefox isn't slow.

However, I use a program called BYOND, its used to build games, host them, and play them.

When I'm logged in playing games I lag badly, then for a short while I don't and then I do again.

All the other players are fine, but something is slowing me down and I suspect its spyware/viruses.
Previously in a scan I found that one of my svchost.exe's was infected with a trojan, however I couldnt remove it.

I run a Windows XP Computer with a 3.06GHz processor and 1.5GB of RAM.
My Antivirus is Avira Free Version.
I clean Spyware using XoftSpySE and Advanced SystemCare 3.

I've cleared all my cookies, and my cache but still no progress in running games.

any help?

Hello KitsuekiTry here they may be able to help http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/20/computer-gaming/RegardsD_N_M

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270667/internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I'm new to the forums and I have no idea if this is the right place for this question, but here it is anyway.

My desktop computer does not want to connect to the internet in any way shape or form. I have dsl internet and a netgear modem. I have a laptop and xbox that runon wireless and work just fine. I have turned both the computer and the modem on and off several times, I've also tried using different cords. What else is there to do to get a connection?

Relevancy 53.32%

Running XP with IE 7
Worked fine till couple days ago - no changes or software added
IE 7 will not connect to any websites. When I try it gives and error and says run diag which I do and it tells me that the HTTP, HTTPS and FTP ports are blocked?

ITunes, email all work fine - just cant get any websites. Downloaded Firefox same problem.

I have cable modem connect to wireless router and switch. This is hardwired to switch. Tried connecting directly to cable modem but had same problem.

Have 3 other pc's connected as well as PS3 and Xbox 360 with no co nnection issues.

any help really appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-connection-issues-369990.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have had a question up in the networking section of the site for over a week that fully explains all the symptons that I have been going thru with this I was told to check for malware and after all my scans I still have come up with nothing I ran the shredder adaware with the vx plugin I can't run any online virus scanners because of my problem It loses connection to the online scanners Internet Connection Issues Heres a link to the forum that has a long description of my problems along with other information Just ask for more information and I'll get it to you as soon as possible http www techsupportforum com f wireless-connection-issues- html You may notice theres some EZ armor thing on the PC I can't uninstall it as it looks for a network resource and can't get it off My friend had this problem before I installed AVG to run a virus scan that I could bring up to date so it wasn't a conflict between the two that I know of Thanks for any help you can give me on helping him fix this machine Here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files RAMfreer RAMfreer exe C Program Files Java Internet Connection Issues jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe C DOCUME admins LOCALS Temp UIUCU EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG Configuration Utility WG CFG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http proxy-server https proxy-server R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride ams-server O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run RAMfreer C Program Files RAMfreer RAMfreer exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Firewall ca exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run UIUCU C DOCUME admins LOCALS Temp UIUCU EXE -CLEAN UP -S O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run QOELOADER quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe quot O - HKLM Run DVD... Read more

Just bringing my issue back into the spotlight. It was down to page 5 and others after mine were being answered so I figured i'd bump it.

Are there any other tools that you'd like me to run on it that may make it rear its ugly head?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-connection-issues-130978.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all I'm new at this so if I mess up forgive me I had Vista and just recently upgraded to When I got my wireless adapter to work I tried to connect to the internet and begin looking for updates The symbol at the bottom of the screen said networks were issues Internet connection availiable but the instant I clicked on it to connect to the network the message came up saying that I had no networks availiable or none were detected I'd troubleshoot and the process would repeat I had problems when I had Vista also but it would let me connect then say it Internet connection issues couldn't detect the router or something like that My computer isn't even feet from the router And there are no devices that would Internet connection issues cause interference What can I do to fix it By the way my friend can sit not even a foot away from me and connect fine on his laptop Any help will be appreciated And also be aware that Internet connection issues I am not tech savy in any sense of the word If this helps Computer Gateway OS Windows bit Router Linksys Adapter Encore enuwi-g

Have you tried to disable the win firewall?

This is what I had to do to get connectivity.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/43679-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ever since i re-installed windows with service pack 1 and a few updates im having LAN connection problems. I can surf for a while if i keep one connection open everything seems fine, but when ever i start opening tabs or downloading with a dl manager my connection goes. The icon in the corner says ive still got a connection with no problems when i try to diagnose but i cant surf or anything.
The only thing that fixes it is a reboot!! Can anyone help? Im sick of rebooting!!!!
ive updated everything still no luck
The weird thing is i can still download p2p
vista home premium

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/210665-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings I ve read the tutorial topic for creating new topics here I understood everything but unfortunately I m accessing the internet mainly from my working place because back at home things Issues Internet Connection are a bit suspicious and not functional I must apologize for not posting the proper logs required to create new topics but this is not my computer and I won t be able to post logs in several hours and that will only happen if I luckly manage to connect to this forum Lemme explain my issue Sunday night I was searching images not porn using google then I visited a certain website Which I can t recall nor can find it again because in dispair I deleted all browsers data Internet Connection Issues What happaned was the following upon visiting that page for a full view of it a new window opened and what appeared to be a fake scan to some drivers had begun I knew it was fake because that weren t my drivers so I closed the window then afterwards Firefox prompted me to accept or not to execute a exe file I pressed cancel but I think it was too late Then my computer become slow as hell and I couldn t even move files on the desktop I mean dragging them from a place to another I rebooted my computer and things began to work smoother again But before that reboot I downloaded BitDefender and installed in order to do that I had to uninstall my crappy Windows Defender okay so everything installed made a full in-depth scan of all my drivers found some issues but the problem persists I haven t explained the problem yet so it is Most pages take forever to load some don t even load at all and I did notice that there is something very wrong with my connection because I have OutPost Firewall here and I can see which connections are open and to where they are connected so I notice that all connections were trying to communicate with a group of IPs alike I think whatever infected my machine has forced it to try and connect anything using a remote proxy even for DNS I think things are really weird I took a screenshot from my Firewall view and it shows one of the many IPs that my browses and games want to communicate whenever I open them I tried ipconfig flushdns Disabled WINS proxy on the registry today I ran ComboFix I brought the log here in a Pen Driver if you guys need it The addresses end with e net and static host gvt net br Sometimes a certain xx xx xx also appears I made a previous search about those xy-in-f e and they appear to be DNS providers domains I don t know what else to do I found this page by searching for ComboFix So here s the screenshot from my Firewall

From another use with similar problem:
"The internet connection is active. I can successfully ping sites from the command prompt, packets are going out and coming in"

It is the same here, I can ping the websites, I can even play my games, though they tried to connect to that addresses, I blocked theirs attempts to do so with my firewall, then games are running normally now.

Edit: By the way, if I block my browsers access to those addresses they can't open any page. I think whenever something connects to that addresses it is like it acts a DNS or Proxy, since I blocked my games before they even made their first connection to any of those IPs, they run fine. Softwares like Garena(Gaming Lobby) also are working, though it's adds that are shown like as if in a normal browser do not appear, Garena says "Failed to open page".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306036/internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
My laptop is running Windows XP SP3... it uses an external wireless card (old laptop). For some reason it can detect wireless networks but cannot actually connect to them. I'm not sure what the issue is. I can provide more information. Please help! Thank you!

What is your modem's model, and what program are you using to connect to the internet? (Is it a program that came with it or Windows Wireless Network Properties?)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345795/internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

I m having the same issue I m on a laptop that has a wireless card that remains connected to my wireless router pretty much all the Internet connection issues. time but I was trying to figure out what was going on with this issue so I tried running only on wireless and only on Ethernet and nothing changed My sister downstairs is running off of the same wireless router with a wireless adapter but her computer is an older model with a Celeron processor in it so just about anything she does on it is pretty slow but mine has an AMD Turion processor in it and gigs of ram Everything else I do runs just fine but the internet has been giving me some trouble over the last few weeks I have Internet connection issues. a whole lot of trouble trying to load multiple pages and many times Firefox will try to load one page Internet connection issues. fail and then fail to load the other pages altogether so I have to refresh and load one at a time When one has difficulty loading Google it generally means something is up I m on a Netgear WGR v router with Verizon DSL the Internet connection issues. fastest package they offer I ve tried talking to the people at Verizon and Netgear but they never communicate anything new to me and our attempts are always fruitless Besides I m tired of losing time to crappy hold music The only other things I ever have connected to the router are my XBox which has been experiencing alot of lag over the connection recently too my Wii and occasionally my brother s PSP but usually only one at a time to ensure I get the best connection I can Can anybody shed any light on this nbsp

A:Internet connection issues.

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issues.652880/
Relevancy 53.32%

I can't connect my laptot through ethernet conection Keep getting quot Ethernet quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration ERROR Our router broke down because of still unknow reasons and I tried connecting directly with the internet cable On my PC the internet is working but on my laptop Internet connection issues i cant get it to conect On my pc i have windows and on my Internet connection issues laptop i have windows Yesterday i managed to connect to the internet using the quot share quot option with the PC Internet connection issues But now not Internet connection issues even that works My internet comes from a local internet provider called RCS-RDS and i'm connected through a modem ACCEoC I reseted that modem in all ways possible it didn't do nothing I tried using a static ip on my laptop it still didn't work I did a system reset to a day when my internet worked NOTHING WORKS Her's what the quot diagnose quot option says Windows Network Diagnostics Publisher details Issues found quot Ethernet quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot Ethernet quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration Not fixed Not Fixed Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed Reset the quot Ethernet quot adapter Completed Issues found Detection details quot Ethernet quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration Not fixed Not Fixed Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device on or plug it back in to the power outlet To restart a router or modem that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button Reset the quot Ethernet quot adapter Completed This can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name F A - DC- B -A - B DB F Repair etl Detection details Expand InformationalDiagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Ethernet driver information Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Manufacturer Realtek Provider Realtek Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date ianuarie Section Name RTL ndi Hardware ID pci ven ec amp dev amp rev Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name F A - DC- B -A - B DB F Diagnose etl InformationalOther Networking Configuration and Logs File Name NetworkConfiguration cab Collection information Computer Name KIRA Windows Version Architecture x Time April Publisher details Expand Windows Network Diagnostics Detects problems with network connectivity Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows And cmd ipconfig all Here i'm woried about DHCP Enabled No On my pc this shows as enabled i cant get this thing to be enabled on my laptop as well Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter WiFi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address a f fa c bd a Temporary IPv Address a f fa e ba e a a Link-local IPv Address fe c bd a Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe c df d f f Tunnel adapter isatap B A - - A - EEC- A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name kira Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address E- -A -BB- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter WiFi Media State Media di... Read more

Welcome to Eight Forums,

Have you tried uninstalling the network driver then installing the latest driver? You should locate and download the latest one from the manufacturer's site if you haven't done this yet.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/64492-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

ok so i just got this computer it was my dads but he got a new one so he gave me this connection internet issues the main problem is when ever i try to play my games online or try to voice chat on skype my internet will disconnect and re connect ive tried all the same games at my dads house and it worked perfect there but when i try them at my internet connection issues house it dosent i have another computer here that works fine ive only tried to skype chat on internet connection issues it but it didnt disconnect and my ps dosent have any connection problems its a wireless connection on all of them and this computer has xp and the other one that i tried skype chat on has ive tried alot of things and none of them have worked oh and i had a laptop a while ago that worked fine and then started doing the same thing so if that helps at all can anyone please help nbsp

A:internet connection issues

can we see an xirrus screen shot with the laptop in your usual location

also can we see a ipconfig /all and ping tests when its working OK and repeat all the tests when it disconnects
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Type the followi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issues.1027781/
Relevancy 53.32%

I followed the Issues Connection Internet signs that was requested to other people by searching for a program and a black box popped up and this is what popped up in the black box Windows Internet Connection Issues IP Configuration Host Name MININT- FN K Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- - - -BE- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C- - - -BE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ff f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E - D- D- - F- -C -FF-BC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - F- -C -FF-BC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A F A-FA - C - B - D BAECE F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab cfb c f e c bcb Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe cfb c f e c bcb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Sammi gt nbsp

Well you need to be more specific than that what is your exact issue/symptoms?

Do you have a router or modem/router combination?
All computers or just 1?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issues.1073720/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have Windows XP Media Center Edition and Internet Explorer My issue is as follows In my house I have three computers one desktop connected directly to the internet and two laptops both wireless Both the laptops are having the same problem Although it Internet Connection Issues seems that my laptop is having the problem more than the other one When I try to access a web page via link typing in the address or programs like gmail notifier I have problems About a third of the time nothing happens Down on the bottom bar it says quot connecting to quot and then lists the IP address of the site that it is trying to access If I let it sit nothing happens The little green loading bar will stay at one square loaded Internet Connection Issues and that is it If I close the window and do it again right away it will do it again Usually it takes about a half dozen attempts to make the page come up During all this there is no Internet Connection Issues interruptions in my connection with AIM and Yahoo Messenger so it would seem that I still have internet I have tried hooking up directly to the router the problem still happens I also tried upgrading to IE When I did this it seems that the problem goes away but at the same time I lose all ability to make my media players work MusicMatch Jukebox Windows Media Player and even my Media Direct all refused to play music and work properly so therefore I went back to IE I don't have a problem using IE if there is a way to get MusicMatch and the others to work but that doesn't seem to be possible MusicMatch and IE are just pure enemies Any ideas thoughts anything on what I could try or test or whatever to figure out what is going on would be a huge help Thank you Jennifer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-connection-issues-353770.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I m a college student living at residence and I purchased my own private internet as I have done for two years already and I need help I have a desktop computer and a laptop My modem Issues Help -- Please Internet Connection only has one outgoing connection cable so Please Help -- Internet Connection Issues I normally have my desktop Please Help -- Internet Connection Issues connected and it worked fine My laptop however would only get local access from the modem when I plugged it in and would not be able to access the internet I sent in a help email to the support staff at my service provider Shaw but no reply yet The day after I did that I was playing an MMO on my desktop when suddenly I lost connection I tried resetting my computer resetting the modem unplugging replugging but nothing worked On a whim I put it in to my laptop and WOW it worked So it worked like this First day Desktop connected flawlessly but laptop would only get local connection Second Day Desktop doesn t connect there isn t even a connection in the network connections gump but laptop works smoothly Any help would be greatly appreciated -Andrea nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a XP box from my inlaws here that had "XP Security 2012". I think I removed it all, it starts up much better that it did and XP Security 2012 seem to be gone (no more fake alerts ect.). But it will not stay connected to the internet. If I open firefox google should load, sometimes it does, sometimes nothing. I ran Malwarebytes and Superantispyware to remove XP Security 2012. Am I missing something?? Thank you for any help you can offer!DennisNote: I am posting from a computer connected to the same router as the one with the issues.Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ AnimalSorry I failed to say that I also ran SmitfraudFix on this PC also.

A:Internet connection issues?

Welcome aboard Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434742/internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

This is issues Internet connection a very strange one and the first time I have seen this happen I was at a customer s house tonight after they said their internet is not working They are with AOL I expect this is where the problem is and they have a USB modem AOL software connects to the internet fine and I get the silly woman telling me Welcome and that there is a new email The new email came in today and was from eBay if you have an eBay account I am sure you got the same mail as well This is Internet connection issues where the fun begins I am then unable to get an browser to load AOL IE and Chrome But Windows Live messenger connects and iTunes works I have checked the firewall settings even disabled it still the same I have also been through the AOL One-Click-Fixes and none of them have worked Anyone got any more ideas I can see me nuking it otherwise TIA nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

For Starters Toshiba satellite A running windows bit with an Intel Core I processor My ISP is qwest and I have a Linksys WRT G wireless router The Issue Since getting Internet Connection Issues the new computer about months ago I have noticed that the internect connection for this laptop quot times out quot and drops quite a bit This Internet Connection Issues happens both when running wireless or hard wired to the router I will be surfing the web and notice that the connection as dropped for a second While surfing the web its not generally noticeable However when downloading from Itunes or attempting Internet Connection Issues to download or upload on any other site I notice Internet Connection Issues the down uploads time out or stop I also have a Mac laptop in the house that never appears to have these issues and runs smoothly The laptop prior to this one that ran Windows XP also did not have this issue I have gone into the computer and pinged several websites as well as the router and dont get any loss reported I was hoping someone would be able to give me some advice as to why this is going on I am by no means a computer guy and could use any help that is out there Thank you kindly

Welcome to SF,

I would highly consider to update your router's firmware to the latest that you may obtain from the manufacture's site. Make sure to use a wired connection to install the latest firmware.

Updating your wireless and LAN adapter to the latest is also a great idea.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/168470-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I ll start off by saying I don t know much about computers so forgive my ignorance when it comes to things like this I ve been having trouble with my computer for the past two days My internet was working just fine when all of a sudden it stopped working This has happened to me before in the past I d say about months ago I called my ISP and they said everything was working fine and the problem had to be coming issues. Internet connection from my side I switched out the cables and that hadn t fixed it after searching the internet for a countless amount of time I can to the conclusion that I had to reset my computer to a later date I did so and everything ended up working just fine However this time that doesn t seem to be working My computer works both on WiFi and the Local Area Connection As of this moment Internet connection issues. I m on the WiFi which isn t the greatest thing as it s not that fast I went into the adapter settings and checked the status of the WiFi and it s sending receiving packets just fine However the Local Area Connection is sending packets in the range and it isn t receiving and packets at all and I think that s where the problem lies sorry if this is incorrect Also one other weird thing is that under where it says quot Local Area Connection quot it says quot Unidentified Network quot I swear just a week ago it said quot Connected quot Is it trying to connect to my internet but is unable to and so it s connecting to something else I d really appreciate any help I can get ASAP If you need me to post any screen shots just ask P S All other devices work just fine in my mouse i e tablets laptops ipods phones nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I really am at a loss for what happened as well as for what to do My computer suffered a spike a few weeks back and I decided to do a system restore I'm using Windows Vista It seemed like that solved my problems However as of Thursday my internet connection has been acting up For some strange reason the only thing that works is IE Everything else fails to connect to the internet This includes my Firefox Opera and Safari browsers I can't even update my antivirus definitions I think that this is also conflicting with my Norton antivirus program because it wouldn't start up I uninstalled it and attempted to reinstall the program but it's stuck in the configuration stage This is likely because it needs an internet connection for the remainder of it's configuration I've tried everything I can think of I checked the network connection settings for the browsers I've rebooted the modem twice and I've checked the firewall settings Everything checks out I've even tried to commence with System Restore again but when I tried my restore points up to November th were just gone I hadn't messed with the settings or anything Issues Connection Internet but it seems like they've been deleted I have reason to suspect that I have been spiked again during the conducting of a search I'm something of a spike magnet Here's the Trend Micro HijackThis log I've done everything that was required prior to this and I Internet Connection Issues am using the administrator's account I only have on account on this computer Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files x Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil f exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https my franklin edu uPortal render userLayoutRootNode uPR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http Internet Connection Issues go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - Internet Connection Issues HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program F... Read more

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you with your log.I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed with logs at times, but we are trying our best to keep up. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Download and Run ATFCleanerPlease download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. This program will clear out temporary files before we run OTScanIt. You will likely be logged out of the forum where you are recieving help.This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main Select Files to Delete choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use any other browsers, select them appropriately from the top and empty all items.Download and Run OTScanItDownload OTScanIt by OldTimer to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program. If you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator.Check the Scan all users box at the top left.Change the Drivers setting from "None" to Non-Microsoft.Under the Additional Scans bar, check:
*Reg - Disabled MS Config Items
*Reg - File Associations
*Reg - Uninstall List

Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Close Notepad (saving the change if necessary).Use the Add Reply button in the forum and Attach the scan back here (do not copy/paste it as it will be too big to fit into the post). It will be located in the OTScanIt folder and named OTScanIt.txt.Run Scan with KasperskyPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner.This scan is for Internet Explorer Only.If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select Run as administrator to perform this scan.Please disable your realtime protection software before proceeding. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.Open the Kaspersky Scanner page.Click on Accept and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be pat... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180025/internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so I was disconnecting all the time and when I checked my SnR it was at about - so I took the amp I had on the primary line coming into the house and placed a bidirectional splitter on the primary line with the modem coming directly off of that I put the amp on the out leg going to the way splitter to the rest of the house This changed my SnR to about Before I started doing anything the ISP Internet Connection Issues told me it was likely a modem router issue so I went out and bought a new modem and router Now my speed tests are above avg and I stay fairly connected However I often disconnect for a moment and then reconnect almost immediately most of the time When any computer connected to the network wirelessly Internet Connection Issues pings google com it pings fine Internet Connection Issues for about or so requests and then it times out or takes kms I have updated the firmware on Internet Connection Issues the router Any ideas I have posted this question at http www coderanch com t General-Computing Home-network-woes as well nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to connect the internet via wifi but I cannot get it to work. I am getting a message telling me to plug in the missing cable which I am assuming it means the ethernet cable. I have not had a desk top in so many years and I got this one from my cousin. Is it possible to get wifi connections on desk tops. The one that I have here is a Compaq Presario sr1954nx. Windows xp. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello

Ive been posting in the "Networking" forum in regards to my issue and i was advised it may be a malware problem. i am unable to connect to the internet via my wireless on my laptop but i am able to connect via LAN. Other laptops in the house can connect via wireless. I have tried
Restore back to factory setting (my laptop)
Update network adaptors
Disable and enable drivers
Reset router
Update drivers - (driver software only enabled me to update 2 drivers a day, so not entirely helpful)
Purchased a wireless adaptor ( unable to connect )

any suggestions it is really driving me crazy

ross

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issues.1059160/
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm running Mac os X as my main computer and I have Windows 7 on bootcamp. Internet on both os were running good until recently i got comcast. Ever since having comcast my Mac is able to connect to the internet but my windows 7 cannot. Very irritating.

I think its an ip address issue, or router issue. On windows 7 in the network sharing display, it recognizes i have internet access but i cant actually surf the web.

I'm running my computer and a xbox 360 through a switch. From that switch it is connected to a second switch where it connects to 2 other computers in my house along to a wireless router and the modem itself.

Can anyone help?

Hi, check your firewall settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-connection-issues-547730.html
Relevancy 53.32%

First the long time issue which might be related I believe it s called P P downloading wordofwarcraft is a p p downloader Connection/DL Internet issues uTorrent and GameTap Gametap says they arent but i get the same problem when i run them Whenever i run one of these applications my internet on my entire network stops completely and randomly comes back in intervels until i shut them down Ive tried opening suggested ports disabling the routers firewall etc i can t figure out why I lose my connection when running any of these apps It takes me about day s to download at night about - hours a night a movie file using uTorrent Secondly my most Internet Connection/DL issues recent issue has been downloading movies mostly from google video Up until week ago i would start a simple movie watch it buffer for a second to a min or slighty more then the movie would play for the entire duration Now it buffers plays but the download catch up to quickly and the movie has to pause over and over again to catch up with the download how do i fix this quot buffer calculation quot and could this be related to the above first problem I ve done speed tests one from the sight suggested here on the forums www speakeasy net and another from www pcpitstop com Speakeasy says Download Upload - Kbps PcPitStop says Download - Kbps Ive run those tests several times and the numbers are all similar why are they Internet Connection/DL issues so different and if i m just missing something is this a normal speed for a cable connection Hardware Internet Connection/DL issues that i m using is Linksys Wireless-G Ghz router Surfboard high speed Modem Sunrocket VOIP box problem exsisted before i intalled this I have computers on my network and laptop that s only on before i go to sleep Oh one last thing to note i have never upgraded my routers firmware Was always afraid of that so if that s a suggestion i might have to try whats the best way to go about it ive never done it before -Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Internet Connection/DL issues

Hi and Welcome to TSG!
Please read the rules, as we are not allowed to help with issues relating to P2P downloading or programs.

Kind Regards
Anthony

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-dl-issues.532723/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone this is my Connection internet Issues first time posting on this site so sorry if I seem a little noobish I have a Lenovo G laptop running windows my laptop has recently developed a rather irritating problem none of my desktop programs can internet Connection Issues find an internet internet Connection Issues connection the only internet browser I can get to work is internet explorer and I have to run it through the app drawer to get it to work if I run it from the desktop it says the page can't be displayed my laptop is fully connected to the internet and I have already tried resetting the router which didn't work I have also tried disabling my firewall updating my network drivers and reconfiguring my IP address nothing has worked I have looked everywhere online for a solution to this problem but I haven't found anything this has been going on for two weeks now and it is causing me a lot of problems if anyone has any idea what is causing this issue the help would be very much appreciated thank you and my apologies if I posted this in the wrong section

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/internet-connection-issues-1070834.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Okay I m going to try to describe what s happening as clearly as I Issues Internet Odd Connection can If I m not clear feel free to blast Odd Internet Connection Issues me until I manage to make myself understood I ve just installed Windows Almost everything runs smoothly and I really like the new OS - it seems that MS finally did something right However There are several applications that I run which can t connect to the internet specifically GOM Player WinAmp and POP Peeper These are apps that I REALLY like and I d like to continue to use them if I can The programs installed without issue however they all require connection to the internet However when they try to do so I get one of two error meassages one asking me to supply a username and password for my quot dialup quot connection - I don t have a dialup connection - or one telling me that the ethernet cable is unplugged It s not Has anyone had issues like this and if so is there anything I can do to correct them

A:Odd Internet Connection Issues

If everything else accesses the internet properly then I think it is the settings in those programs. I have never used those programs so I can't really help you there. Does everything else access the internet properly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356930/odd-internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone this is my first time posting on this site so sorry if I seem a little noobish I have a Lenovo G laptop running windows my laptop has recently developed a rather irritating problem none of my desktop programs can find an internet connection the only internet browser I can get to work is internet explorer and I have to run it through the app drawer internet Connection Issues to get it to work if I run it from the desktop it says the page can't be displayed my laptop is fully connected to the internet and I have already tried resetting the router which didn't work I have also tried disabling my firewall updating my network drivers and reconfiguring my IP address nothing has worked I have looked everywhere online for a solution to this problem but I haven't found anything this has been going on for two weeks now and it is causing me a lot of problems if anyone has any idea what is causing this issue the help would be very much internet Connection Issues appreciated thank you and my apologies if I posted this in the wrong section

A:internet Connection Issues

Are there other devices on your network that can get an internet connection?
Please click on this link Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues and follow these instructions and attach the files in your next post:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/internet-connection-issues-1070834.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I've had Internet Issues Connection a fairly irritating internet issue for months or Internet Connection Issues so I tried a number of things to fix it but eventually gave up in frustration Basically whenever I boot up my computer I do not have an internet connection for a random amount of time varying from a few minutes to or more depending if I'm trying to load many webpages or internet reliant programs This never used to be the case where I was able to load web pages within seconds of booting up Also if I close a browser and reopen it I'm met with the same issue where it wont load web pages for a random period of time although pinging google returns an internet connection something that isn't the case on boot up Furthermore at random intervals loading web pages will slow sometimes to a halt In regards to what I've done to try and fix the issue - Ran multiple anti-virus scans - Restarted router - reinstalled OS Windows - Used a different network adapter - Tried a wireless adapter - Took my PC to a computer repair store They installed a previous network adapter driver and it fixed the issue Upon taking it home the issue returned even after redoing what they did - Had a computer technician come out and look at what's going on he couldnt fix it - Tried varying the internet demand on start up Also note that there are a number of other computers in my household none of which experience the same issue So based on that I'm thinking it's something hardware related Although if I've changed the network adapter what could be causing it If there's anything else I can provide that will help the diagnosis of this issue let me know Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381135-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello whoever is reading this For quite some time now my Internet connection issues computer has Internet connection issues had a problem with connecting to the internet Often my internet will just stop working for a bit only to return after several minutes to several hours It is highly irregular sometimes there's no problem for a few weeks and sometimes it persists several days I know for certain that the issue lies with my pc as other devices in the same room as it work fine When the internet stops working the connection bars sometimes look just fine as if there IS a connection and sometimes it looks like there is no connection I have tried to use an external signal-receiver sorry I have no idea what else to call it but that didn't help either I have also had my virusscanner go over it and it got me nothing Would anyone happen to know what my problem is and how I can solve it I run Windows Ultimate X Thanks a lot in advance

The first thing I usually suggest is to use a cable to connect to your router and see if there's a difference in how the PC reacts.

Then, try these steps ---> How to Flush and Reset the DNS Resolver Cache in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338654-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I ve been using two wireless network repeaters one an asus EA-NN and the other a netgear repeater which makes two seperate new extended networks one G and one G I have to repeat the G network with the connection Help internet With issues asus extender in order to have a fast working connection but after a few minutes of working it Help With internet connection issues drops and suddenly has no internet access not sure what to do or why it does this hoping someone can help me out here is my ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Peyton gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Peyton-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List attlocal net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix attlocal net Description NETGEAR A WiFi Adapter Physical Address -BD- -A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fe b da b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - A-E - - B- -DE- B- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd cec fd f fe f Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe cec fd f fe f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap attlocal net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix attlocal net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Peyton gt I apperciate any help given and thank you in advanced nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-internet-connection-issues.1131386/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been getting a very slow internt connection over the past couple of days, I am wondering if this has anything to do with me accidently leaving something ontop of my phone wire. I still have conectivity all the time although i would say my connection speed has been more than halfed.
Could my problems be down to the cable?

Relevancy 53.32%

Dear Folks,
I used to have a Belkin wireless router (connected to COMCAST Modem) for last two years. However, it was a 802.1g router. I recently bought a D-link DR 615 802.1n router to get faster wireless speed. I have simply taken out Belkin and replaced it with D-link. The speed is awesome, however i get dropped internet connection a lot more now. Suddenly the browser would not connect ot hte web, even though i would still be connected to the router. I tried opening even the router management console (192.168.0.1) but even that would not connect. Not sure whats going on, Were there specific steps that I might have missed out. This D-link DR 615 is revesion 0 firmware.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Been having internet connection issues issues Internet connection for a while I have been cleaning and destroying all sorts of bugs and stuff My comp now only runs processes on start-up So the computer will get onto the internet Internet connection issues for a little while then lose connection Been watching my connection with a Ping I have been doing to www google com for about an hour and it looks like my average is Internet connection issues about ms As long as I don t open up IE or Mozilla I stay connected Once I open it up I have like a few seconds before I lose connection Please Help Here is my HJT Log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C WINDOWS system ping exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings User Desktop HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www netflix com Login R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com win ls en x client wuweb site cab O - Protocol grooveLocalGWS - FED C-F CA- -A - CB B CD - C PROGRA MICROS Office GR D DLL O - Winlogon Notify AutorunsDisabled - C WINDOWS O - Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service NMIndexingService - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe file missing O - Service PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe file missing -- End of file - bytes nbsp

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!
I don't see any anti-virus software running.
Look in the TSG Library of Knowledge for suggestions. Some are purchased and some are free. Pick one and get your system protected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issues.780834/
Relevancy 53.32%

After performing a system restore for issues unrealted here, I have been unable to connect to the Internet via direct line to the router or through wireless. I am running a hp pavillion. The odd thing is that the network connections show that I am connected with a strong signal but when I go to do anything that involves being online I am told that it is unable to connect. I have tried the various diagnotic prompts that are given as stock solutions to Internet issues but I'm having no luck. Please help if possible.

Open IE, go to Tools...Internet Options...Connections tab...LAN settings and remove any checkmarks in the Proxy server section of that page.

If this is the case, then you'll have to have some assistance removing the infection on your system. The folks here can help you out: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-connection-issues-471114.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Running a two PC network dell dimension desktop and HP Compaq presario v Both connect through an actiontec mi wi router to verizon net On Monday Internet XP issues Win in Pro connection the desktop stopped connecting to the internet - mostly The laptop is still connected with no problem The desktop will connect in safe mode will ping the laptop and other sites by IP and name in normal mode and services that depend on open ports will work - Thunderbird e-mail works fine Just for fun I started AOL and it found an old PPP connection made itself a new internet connection and connected However IE FF Opera etc all time out Tried everything I could think of then broke down and called MS support Three days of trying this and that have not done much but return me to SP repair option with no security updates no McAfee security no spysweeper and a list of services I am no longer sure should be running auto manual or disabled Internet connection issues in Win XP Pro More quot help quot promised on Sunday Have been down the line with ipconfig used winsock repair utilities scanned with malware bytes defender etc Updated Internet connection issues in Win XP Pro Intel ethernet adapter driver and checked the connection with their utility Reset router Nothing makes a difference Posting Hijack this below in hopes someone spots something before I have to wipe out years of comfortable PC settings with a fresh install At least I have my documents backed up Thanks -- Jim W Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files ATI Catalyst Media Center Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared DTSRVC exe C Program Files Common Files Iconix IconixService exe D Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition ppped exe D Program Files Retrospect Retrospect retrorun exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System StkASv K exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe D Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe D Program Files HP ToolBoxFX bin HPTLBXFX exe C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpctrl exe D Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFPrinterMonitor exe D Program Files Iconix OEAddOn OEdmn exe D Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe D Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files AOL waol exe D Program Files PC Magazine Utilities Startup Cop Pro StartupCopPro exe C Program Files CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition pppeuser exe D Program Files PC Magazine Utilities InstaBack InstaBack exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe D Program Files Iconix eMailID OutlookClient IconixUpdater exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Macrovision FLEXnet Connect agent exe D Program Files MuralPix MpAgent exe D Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe D Program Files AnalogX MaxMem maxmem exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program F... Read more

A:Internet connection issues in Win XP Pro

You have a lotta stuff running; personally I think it's time for a format and fresh install. But since you don't, and you're the one who counts, ...

You mentioned McAfee. Did you use the Removal Tool? If not, that's my first suggestion.

I think that AOL is as likely as a non-Windows firewall to leave networking roadblocks scattered around. I do not have a clue how to get rid if AOL problems. But my second suggestion is to stop/disable/uninstall all AOL tasks and services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issues-in-win-xp-pro.800692/
Relevancy 53.32%

About a week ago i ran my new ethernet wire Startech Snagless Cat E Patch Cable Blue ft under Connection Internet issues. my floor to the computer Internet Connection issues. downstairs which has my D-LINK EBR router which allows several computers to connect to the internet The internet was working fine until i ran my wire through the floors When i turned my computer back on the screen's resolution was all messed up the icons were way bigger I decided to system restore after multiple attempts to fix the resolution The Screen is fine now but the internet still doesn't work I checked if the wire was damaged but it seems to be in good condition Then i Internet Connection issues. decided to Internet Connection issues. directly connect my enternet wire directly to the modem The quot PC Activity quot light starts flashing but after like seconds it goes completely off Then seconds later it flashes again Is there something wrong with my computer I turned my Antivirus off NOD and my internet firewall off but nothing works Please help

A:Internet Connection issues.

Did you make the finish the cable ends yourself? It sounds like the cable is crossed wired. Check your wiring to this.
How to wire Ethernet Cables

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283127-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a new Dell computer that I just setup at our sales counter here in my office It was purchased to replace an old computer running Windows I'm having problems connecting to the internet with the new computer We have computers at the counter and all are connected to the same switch When I set the new computer up I just used the same cable that was connected to the old computer When I open Internet Explorer it will try to load for several seconds and then I get Connection Issues Internet the Page Cannot be Displayed msg and at the bottom it Internet Connection Issues says quot Cannot connect to server or DNS error quot I have tried Internet Connection Issues switching out the ethernet cable from the computer to the switch I've checked the IP settings and compared with another computer on the same switch and they are exactly the same except for the computer's IP address I've also tried renewing the IP address and using the repair feature on the LAN settings I can ping to other computers on our network and am able to access our internal Citrix Metaframe site but I cannot ping to any outside website I have never encountered Internet Connection Issues this issue before and am at a loss as to what to try next Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated Oh and this computer is running Windows XP with SP Thank you

Hi wikedawsum,There are many possible reasons this is happening and the contributing factors vary for every individual computer.Start by clearing old files and settings may be preventing you from connecting to the Internet.Click on Tools.Select Internet Options.Click the General tab.Click the Delete Files button.When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.Click Okay.Click Delete Cookies. When you are prompted to confirm this selection, click Okay.Click Settings.Click View Objects.Click View, and then click Details.If Damaged appears in the Status column for any program file, remove that program file.Close the Downloaded Program Files dialog box.In the Settings dialog box, click OK .Under History, click Clear History, and then click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the selection.In the Internet Options dialog box, click Okay.Try to browse the Internet.If no joy, lets see if we can try and repair the internet connection.Click Start, click Run, type netsh winsock reset and then click Okay.When the Command Prompt flashes, restart the computer.Note: If you have a program that no longer functions correctly after you follow this step, reinstall the program.Also see if there is anything in this Micro$oft Article that helps: Page Cannot be Displayed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105323/internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

When i came home my internet suddenly stopped working on this computer It was working perfectly fine and flawlessly this morning I m currently connected directly to the internet because it won t work Connection Issues. Internet otherwise when it s Internet Connection Issues. connected to the router Details I m running Windows Home Internet Connection Issues. Premium -bit Swedish Language My Network Card Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS My Network Card is up-to-date Internet Connection Issues. It s connected through the router which in turn is connected to the internet The internet access itself works fine because my mom can access the internet but it doesn t work for me unless i plug my cable right onto the internet source itself modem i believe it s called I ve tried disconnecting and connecting but it didn t work including the method below quot Unplug your modem and router Leave them unplugged for a minute Then plug in only your Modem Wait seconds and plug in your router Restart your computer and see if your internet stays connected for longer periods of time quot It still didn t work The quot light quot on the router kept pulsating orange light instead of green light which obviously means there s something wrong with the internet connection I once did this and the internet worked through the router for minutes First i unplugged my internet cable from the router and then inserted into the modem and waited a couple of seconds Then i reinserted my cable into the router and the cable that connects the router and the modem back to the modem The internet then worked GREAT for minutes or so but stopped abruptly Suddenly no connection at all However this method doesn t seem to work anymore I ve tried countless sequences of quot turn on off quot s I ve updated my network card but it refuses to work anyway and when i m connected directly to the modem internet i m not able to connect to most previously visited and unvisited websites We re three using the internet but i m currently using all the internet because it s not connected to the router while i m writing this I ve tried running a diagnostics but they say nothing is wrong with my internet connection even when it wasn t working at all My computer is connected to the network but it says that the network isn t connected to the internet while the rest who are using the internet through the router are not having any problems and may access ALL sites I ve also tried to establish internet connection through the router but i kept getting the message quot Error Modem or another connection unit have reported an error quot Translated from swedish P S During writing this i ve noticed the internet despite being connected directly to the internet source stopped working as well after minutes My theory is that it s either A Something wrong with my computer or B Something wrong with my cable But i doubt it s my computer because the internet stopped working after i turned it on without configuring anything before i turned it off last time The only thing i was doing noticeable was downloading a torrent unusually sometimes it was downloading fast and sometimes low despite good seed sources When i turned on my computer next time the torrent wasn t finished and the internet was quot off quot even though my computer said there s nothing wrong I managed to finish the torrent though during the quot -minute quot gap i managed to get through the method at row Regarding the cable there s a quot gap quot not big that leads directly to the wires When i m not home my dog has the tendency to take a leak EXACTLY at that spot where the hole is but she s been doing that for a while and there havn t been any problems Besides the internet works when connected directly to the modem no router just some sites that refuse to open Somehow i still think the modem is the primary suspect Please help me i really can t figure out what s wrong I just came home and it stopped working for no reason that i ... Read more

A:Internet Connection Issues.

Hehe, even though the cable 'getting wet' hasn't caused problems in the past, it doesn't mean that it will NEVER cause a problem. I would certainly try using a cable that's never gotten wet. Also, any cable that has damage like you mention, where the sheathing is pulling away, should be replaced, regardless.

However, I would probably tend to suspect the router, as well; since everything works fine when you take the router out of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issues.1015437/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently had my computer wiped completely clean due to a hard drive issue Im running Windows XP and have everything reinstalled that or Internet not? Connection issues i had received on the discs DELL is saying that my computer is too out of date for them to worry about it anymore they are trying to charge me dollars just for help After i got my computer back after wiping it out it would not get onto the internet I m hooked up to a router on a computer that never loses a connection both my new ethernet card and the router are linksys Internet explorer does not work as Internet Connection issues or not? a browser and says it can t connect to the internet but Firefox works and i can browse on it I play games so i was hoping that i could get back into playing games but once again the game that i play says that the computer is not online After i can get on Firefox and browse the web I know it isn t a problem with my ethernet card because im running a brand new one and i can get online with it I was hoping someone could get back to me and give me some ideas what is wrong and what to do about this nbsp

A:Internet Connection issues or not?

First off, you can download the correct drivers from Dell using the Service Tag # on the machine, I'd advise you do that first.
It would be helpful if you gave us the exact make/model of the router in question, as well as if it's a wired or wireless connection.
Let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issues-or-not.786147/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey everyone I am and have been having problems playing WoW on my desktop since early September The same desktop that I have used and or Internet CPU issues? connection run WoW on perfectly for years prior to my problems When I am in situations in the game where a lot of CPU is needed I get very high lag spikes and or completely disconnect until whatever was happening is over i e situations where there are many players involved I started off thinking that my problems were coming from a poor internet connection because these problems started after I moved to a new location with a new ISP and had no such problems before However after I looked into it more I realized that there was another symptom that is more then likely another side efect of whatever my problem is When I leave my computer running for several days and try to restart it it does not start up again unless I open the case up and have a living room fan blowing on it I also Internet connection or CPU issues? contacted my ISP to make sure it was not a problem on their end and they confirmed Now considering what I know I think it might be a cooling prob but I wasnt sure if that can cause the problems I m having with WoW Outside of that all I can think of is a virus or maybe an out of date driver on maybe my graphics card I really dont have a clue and any Internet connection or CPU issues? help advice would be much appreciated Once again I had never had these problems prior to september when I moved to a new location and I am not sure if this is relevant but I was out of the country for months over the summer just before my move so from June-late August I had not played WoW or even used my comp Thank you very much nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I do not know if this belongs into this category or somewhere else as I am kind of new into the trouble shooting business but I have been trying to fix one computer that is owned Connection Internet Issues by my dad I went to clean his computer of some of the useless junk with CCleaner and using free anti-virus trojan root-kit programs like Malwarebytes and Emsisoft Anti-Malware Then the next day his computer ran out of battery because he forgot to plug it in while it was still running That is when the connection issues started I went through Internet Connection Issues system restore to fix the problem but that didn t help I went through firewalls and shut off Norton Security for the time to see if the problem arose and that didn t help I thought it might be a hardware problem so I uninstalled the wireless adapter and had it re-install Internet Connection Issues itself I have gone to the point of running out of ideas on where the problem might lie Some of the symptoms that the computer is experiencing connected to a wireless modem and the computer sees it no problem The connection to the internet is fine as I am using a much more powerful computer than my Dad s But the connection is so slow that it times out Also when I was cleaning his computer I uninstalled Google Chrome and replaced it with SRWare Iron A internet browser with Chrome s source code that make it the same thing only that this does not track you like Chrome The problem may lie with a simple fix but I cannot figure it out Specs OS Windows -Bit Brand HP G Notebook PC Ram GB Processor Intel reg Celeron reg GHz GHz

I uninstalled the wireless adapter and had it re-install itselfDoes it mean by Windows generic driver or by the HP support site for the particular model and OS? What HP G42 series model number is it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480212/internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 53.32%

My router is working just fine; every computer connected to it has access to the internet, except mine. For three days I have had "Local only" access for some unknown reason. Why can't I access the internet?

Relevancy 52.46%

So i got my laptop like - weeks ago been working good It all started when my mother forgot to pay the internet bill Our internet was turned off for like a day and half till she payed it After it was turned back on my whole family Solved: connection Internet issues seemd to have trouble getting back on but they all got on the internet within Solved: Internet connection issues like an hour Me on the other hand had quite a bit of trouble It said that i was connected to like the network but i had no internet access The the little yellow triangle thing with the in it on the internet access thing sorry im not really smart with computers But anyway i got the internet working somehow and still it stops working every little while doing the same thing I hope you understand my issue my computer is an asus g jx gaming notebook and i have windows ipv internet ipv no internet access idk if that helps either nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I want to make my Toshiba Satellite A75-S213 a host computer for my Compaq SR5214X to connect to the internet.

My Toshiba uses a wireless connection which then connects to a Linksys router.

Please help me find out how to do this and what I need to do this.

Thanks

A:Internet Connection Sharing issues

Take a look at this Microsoft ICS (Internet Connection Sharing tutorial.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-sharing-issues.655433/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
I'm running Windows XP Pro v. 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 build 2600 on an Acewr Aspire 4810T, and I'm having some difficulty browsing the internet.

Everything works fine as long as I'm connected to a VPN. If I'm not, I can connect to the internet to all appearances, but no web pages will load. I've tried this with an ethernet cable to my DSL modem and with a wireless connection to several different wireless networks: same story every time.

Any ideas? What other info should I post?

A:Windows XP Internet Connection Issues

hello and welcome to TSF!

From Internet Options => Connections Tab => in your Dial-up and VPN settings , you may change the settings to Never dial a connection if you wish and see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-xp-internet-connection-issues-423566.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Windows 7 cannot get internet connection. Laptop connects to router both wireless and wired. Also tried connecting directly to modem. Other computers and mobile devices connect fine. Using same dell laptop and lynxsys router for 2 years with no problems. Tried system restore, no change. Attempts to ping 192.168.1.1 get results timed out or destination host unreachable.

Relevancy 52.46%

HI,

I am having problems with my connection when using third part software. For instance my internet explorer conneciton is fine (incl wirelessly) but since installing my new router I am having problems playing poker sites or viewing youtube videos. The software will start and i will get a connection the gaming server then it will syystematically disappear. with youtube it starts to download then suddenly stops. Is it a problem with the new router (because it never happened before) or is it a setting on my anti virus etc. Either way lamens terms help would be appreciated. thanks.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello there internet Issues connection Help!! sharing! regarding really having issues at the moment trying to have internet sharing When i try to enable internet sharing on the advanced tab of the wireless sharing at error box comes up quot An error occured whilst internet connection sharing was being enabled null quot I don t Help!! Issues regarding internet connection sharing! know why because this has worked before My LAN is enabled I am connected to wireless but need the LAN to connect to my xbox via an ethernet but i dont think its an issue with that but more computer settings My UPnP settings are enabled and have contacted my router people Zyxel and they say its not an issue with my router I can connect with an ethernet cable dirrectly into my router and that works My address type is assigned by DHCP and all IP assigned automatically My firewall is off- i know secruity issues but this hasnt been changed since when internet sharing last worked I have come to a loose end and would appreciate any comments nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

hi. for some reason with my dlink di-604, i have my home computer ( Amd Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3.01GHz) and my families Dell computer ( comp is down i forget its specs) but anyways, i have them connected to the router, then i conenct a third connection to router for xbox live.

Now the problem. When my pc the AMd one is connected, i cant stay on xbox live for more then 10mins. i loose connection. but when i disconnect only my AMD computer from the router, and havethe Dell and Xbox360 both connected to router they work. So can someone help identify what in my AMD system is causing the problem?

Thank you!
P.S. Both computers run on windows XP operating systems.

A:Internet Connection Sharing Issues

Well, it sounds like something odd with the router, since two computers connect.

Some things you can try here, listed in the order you should try them.
For wireless connections, remove all the stored wireless profiles and search for networks. You'll have to enter the encryption key again, which is sometimes the issue for connection problems.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

Let's see this for the AMD when it's connected.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-sharing-issues.846682/
Relevancy 52.46%

Recently we had an extreme lightning storm which fried two of our televisions We believe it not to Issues! Internet Computer Connection be a power surge but that the lightning itself struck so close to the house that it grounded itself in the televisions that were on and fried the circuit boards Now we believe that none of the computers were quot harmed quot during this awful series of storms However i am left with this scenario Bear with me Computer Internet Connection Issues! and if you have any questions to receive more information please ask and i will love to answer then because this Computer Internet Connection Issues! is a strange situation Computer cannot connect recognize my router It shows no response to being plugged into the router by ethernet cable Computer however CAN connect directly to the modem via ethernet cable and recognizes it When plugged into the modem Computer s internet connection works as normal Strangely enough Computer can connect flawlessly to both the router AND the modem Computer recognizes both the router when connected and the modem Why might it be that computer cannot connect to our router FYI -We have tested ethernet cables Changing computer s ethernet cable had absolutely no effect It still discovered the modem but not the router A bad cable i believe to be out of the situation -We have a basic DSL modem which is connected directly to the line that comes into the house From the modem we connect the router which allows us to connect up to devices via ethernet ports We have changed up the ports and computeer has no problem connecting to any of the ports and computer still cannot recognize a connection no matter which port it has been connected to If anyone can help or give me a few ideas of what to troubleshoot i would greatly appreciate it Thankyou so very much -Joe nbsp

A:Computer Internet Connection Issues!

I'd try another network card for the PC.

The lightening had to have come in either through the power/electrical supply, through the phone line, or through the cable/satellite lines to have damaged the TV's and the computer or router. Obviously something has happened to the computer or the router if it suddenly doesn't work after the storm, just as with the TV's, partial failures are not at all uncommon in such situations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-internet-connection-issues.1099450/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Everyone,

Please I would like to have an assistance about an issue on vista home premium , i can not get connected to the internet i have ran around all the solutions that can exist on vista to resolve this connection.
1- It says when i tried to make a diagnose and repair the error report that i have to reset my network adapter it still not working.
2- Automatically get a new IP it has repaired for sure to get the new IP but nothing work it says back a problem with your network router or something might preventing an internet conection.

3 - i have di turned off the firewall and uninstalled all the antivirus that might prevent me from access the net so what else would i do to fix this issue finally provide me some help please.

JSJULES!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202417-vista-issues-no-connection-internet.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My laptop Toshiba Satellite A has been having escalating problems with its wireless connectivity It can find wireless networks fine but when I try Internet Issues Wireless Connection to connect it often simply fails to connect keeps trying Wireless Internet Connection Issues and never succeeds or most commonly does connect but tries and fails to identify the network Either way I can find networks normally but am unable to get online I'm Wireless Internet Connection Issues at a college so I can't simply adjust my router's settings we have several different wireless networks but all of them seem to have various problems The problem seems fairly random but Wireless Internet Connection Issues lately I've been unable to connect to a wireless network at all Other people seem to be able to connect fine so presumably something is wrong with my computer Does anyone have any idea what could be preventing me from connecting Particularly the problem where my computer connects to a network but then can't identify it so it leaves it as an 'Unidentified network' with no internet connectivity this happens the majority of the time I try to connect I don't really see how it could be a hardware issue since it's a laptop and I haven't been messing around with any of that so I wonder if something I installed has been interfering with wireless connectivity I recently managed to update my wireless drivers for an unrelated problem so I don't think it could be that

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269717/wireless-internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey,

My girlfriends internet connection is some type of "guest" connection that appears as an unsecure network, but it asks for your password when you open the web browser.

I just bought a new Dell computer with Windows 7, and when I connect to the internet and open the browser it just says the webpage is unavailable. This means I cannot enter the password and therefore, I cannot connect to the internet.

One of the errors I get is "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (dns server) is not responding.

Any help with how I can manually enter the connections password, or any other fix for this?

Thanks

A:New Dell Internet Connection Issues

I should add that I got that this computer today, and used it at my own home where the internet did work. Both connections are Verizon Fios, so I tried deleting my home connection that I had saved from the Network Manager.. just in case it tried to use the same password thinking it was the same connection.

This did not help, obviously

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/128505-new-dell-internet-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have windows vista home with a sony vaio laptop I almost always use firefox and have not had issues with connection in the past There internet connection issues Major is a new program that I am using that uses Internet Explorer to connect to the internet It uploads videos onto video sharing sites Ever since I started using this program what happens is it will start to go through the sites uploading videos but after uploading a few the internet connection Major internet connection issues will fail The globe is still there on my bar at the bottom it looks like I m still connected I m connecting through a secure wireless connection at my house I went through the same process in internet explorer without this program and the same problem occurred so I don t think the program is to blame Something is wrong with my IE Unfortunately I can t uninstall and reinstall this because it is integral to windows vista I ve updated my network card driver and this did not fix the problem I ve reset winsock reset my IE settings removed all addons Nothing seems to be working I m almost to the point of buying xp and installing that to see if this will work This program is really important and I need to find a way to run this Any ideas on what could be wrong I ve look at my event log and I see this message come up TCP IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts Not sure if this is related or not nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-internet-connection-issues.719985/
Relevancy 52.46%

I just built a new computer and threw on a usb wireless adapter (Zonet ZEW2546). Everything installed just fine, but when trying to connect to my wireless connection (in the room next door...) Sometimes it doesn't even see the connection, sometimes it hangs at finding the Network Address, and sometimes the connection disappears randomly in the middle of my work. The thing that bothers me the most is that the speed is at 24Mb/s - 36Mb/s. My old laptop is 4 years old and gets 54Mb/s almost all the time in the same room. I'm not really a networking guy, so I'm trying to find out why this might be happening? Could it be multiple computers using the connection in a close proximity?

Let me know what more information is needed, as I don't really work with networking issues...thanks a lot.

A:Internet connection/speed issues

Hi, what I would try is disable your wireless card on your lappy and install the Zonet ZEW2546 on it and see if the issue continues, if so see if you can download newer drivers or the wireless adapter may be faulty.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283267/internet-connectionspeed-issues/
Relevancy 52.46%

I really hope someone can help me with this problem My laptop is set up to connect to the wireless network supplied by my landlord who lives in the same building but in a different section For ages everything was fine then my laptop which is about years old but very well looked after lost the ability to connect wirelessly I spent ages trying to sort this out before eventually buying an external adapter from PC World Everything was ok for about a week and now it is nearby impossible to get a connection My laptop says it is connected but when I launch an internet page the connection gets lost and the connection map says it is a problem between the modem and the internet not my laptop Sometime when I try to diagnose the problem I get a message saying the laptop has pinged but got no response Issues- Connection Big Time!!! Internet from the DNS Server Is there something blocking my Laptop I can sometime get a connection during the day when everyone is a work never in the evening Sorry this Internet Connection Issues- Big Time!!! message is so looong thanks nbsp Internet Connection Issues- Big Time!!!

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all, hoping someone can help me!

Had the pc on during a thunder storm and a close bolt of lightning shorted the house. I have had the motherboard replaced and Pc is fine except for new Internet connection problems

When I connect the cable modem direct to the pc, connection is fine and stays solid. When I connect via my netgear router, the Internet connection stops after 10 - 15 mins

Once connection is lost I can not get it back without reseting modem and router. Cable tech told me it's a router problem, router techs tell me it's a cable problem!

Bought a new dlink router today and same problem,

Any ideas? Much appreciated

A:Internet connection issues after surge

Stuckdownunder said:

Bought a new dlink router today and same problem,
Any ideas? Much appreciated Click to expand...

Start with basic facts. First, it made no difference what is on or off. List everything connected to everything else. IOW anything that was connected to the router.

Second, lights exist at each end of each ethernet cable. Report what each light says when the cable is connected and not connected. Routers generally put those lights on the front panel. Computer ethernet ports generally have those lights on the ethernet connector. Modem also has important lights either near connections or on a front panel. Your replies will only be as useful as facts that you provide. Every light and other fact is critical if you want help from the better informed.

Third, if a surge damaged the routers, well, you must also follow the current. That current had to enter the router on one wire while also leaving the router on another. A surge seeks earth ground. If cable was properly installed, then you will find it properly connected to earth where it enters the building. That means cable has superior surge protection. And that means a surge path is probably outgoing from the router, through modem, to earth via that cable. That implies AC mains may be a surge incoming path. IOW surge did not have to pass through the computer to be incoming to that router.

IOW that paragraph demonstrates why everything is listed - what was connected to what. To also discover other potentially damaged items that might even fail a month from now. A concept called overstress. To better understand what is actually damaged means following a current path to earth. To find current and future damage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-issues-after-surge.159489/
Relevancy 52.46%

Im creating a new topic as advised hereI've Issues Internet Malware after Connection been having a problem where I cant connect to any website other computers using the same wifi connection are working fine I had run Malwarebytes to remove malware which said it had removed a lot but the problem is still occurring Running AVG didnt Internet Connection Issues after Malware return any infections One thing I did notice was that my hosts file was full of entries for sites like google com and bing com I've tried editing this file to remove the entries but get an error that its unable to save I dont think this is the main cause of the problem anyway as I cant connect to any internet site or even my routers management page but thought it might be useful to know I have run DDS as advised When I Internet Connection Issues after Malware ran GMER it seemed to complete Internet Connection Issues after Malware the scan but then the application would hang and the whole computer not respond I tried this twice with the same result If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can stop this from happening please let me know and I'll post that log as well DDS log follows DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by matchett at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Windows system lsm exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeC Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exeC Program Files Toshiba HDMICtrlMan HDMICtrlMan exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exeC Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files X watch x watch exeC Program Files Kontiki KHost exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba CEC MAIN exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgam exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Kontiki KService exeC Program Files O Micro Flash Memory Card Driver o flash exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exeC Windows system TODDSrv exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TosCoSrv exeC Program Files TOSHIBA SMARTLogService TosIPCSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files AVG ... Read more

A:Internet Connection Issues after Malware

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338461/internet-connection-issues-after-malware/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 purchased in 2008. It came with Windows Vista and Trend MicroPCillin trial. It has long been expired. I installed Avast free antivirus. It began playing havoc with my wireless conenction. So I uninstalled it and have added AVG now. But with both antivirus softwares, while running scans my system would hang at one point. Program files> common files> Microsoft shared> works shared> 1031> MSGR3EN.DLL
I suspect this is also causing trouble with my internet connection. It works fine during the day and starts slowing down at night around 10:30PM finally coming to a complete halt after midnight. I also cannot run any antispyware like AdAware as it would also hang my system and I would have to kill the power to shut the comp down.
I am really frustrated with this now. Can anyone help me?

A:Antivirus and Internet connection issues

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392426/antivirus-and-internet-connection-issues/
Relevancy 52.46%

Most of the time I am at a download speed of kb s or slower or none at all Very rarely it goes up to - mb s where it is connection issues Solved: internet supposed to be It never stays anywhere near Solved: internet connection issues a constant rate I set the channel on the router as far from interfering networks as possible The things I ve noticed My IP address will not Solved: internet connection issues change after clearing and renewing it there is a ip tunneling interface that I don t remember setting up and I don t know if the ISP modem and or router are compatable It s a desktop PC running Windows I have norton internet security The router is a Linksys WRT G running dd-wrt Wired connections do not have the speed problems and I don t think other wireless devices do either I ve only used my phone to a short degree on the network and I haven t heard any complaints about my friends xbox some relevent info http imgur com a sH Qj Is the dhcp server in the router somethingI should have set up do I turn it off I had only previously used this router as a connection point using a cantenna this is my first time using it as a router The tool the forum says to download and run just pops up a message that it s not a valid win application any help with anything to do with these issues would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I have a HP Envy m6 and the wifi connection was working fine and then disappeared. At one stage the connection seemed to come back, said i was connected and 5 bars, but couldn't get on to even google. Had some microsoft updates this morning, so tried to restore back to prior to the updates with no luck. Tried the TCP/IP stack repair option also with no luck. Do i need to install the latest driver from the HP website? Any help greatly appreciated. Michelle

Relevancy 52.46%

i recently purchased xbox live for my new 360 needless to say i want to be able to access internet through my computer and xbox's at the same time. i have an internet line running from the main computer's netgear wireless G router to my personal one with a netgear 4 port hub. when i connect the line to my router, and to both xbox's i can access internet on the xbox's...but not my computer problem. it is not a cable problem, as i switched them, and when i plug the line running from the wireless router directly into my computer it works fine...

one weird thing was when i have the line plugged directly into my computer it always says a residential gateway is available. i dont know if that matters, if somebody could please help me it would be great, its annoying switching cables all around!

A:Strange Internet connection issues...

ChiCubs05 said:

i want to be able to access internet through my computer and xbox's at the same time. i have an internet line running from the main computer's netgear wireless G router to my personal one with a netgear 4 port hub.Click to expand...

hum; what you write says it's wired like this:

Code:

modem--wirelessRouter--4portHub--system
+--xbox360

you can plug all devices directly to the wireless-G router without the need
for a hub

one weird thing was when i have the line plugged directly into my computer it always says a residential gateway is available.Click to expand...

I think you're saying this works

Code:
modem--system
but this doesn't

Code:
modem--router--system
in which case, your router needs to ENABLE DHCP for both the IP and DNS addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-internet-connection-issues.72613/