Windows Support Forum

Black screen, no POST, no BIOS

Q: Black screen, no POST, no BIOS

Hi, when I push the power button on my Asus k50ab all I can see
is a black screen and the power light on.
1. Windows doesn't start at all.
2. Even when I tried to start with my RAM removed it's the same, only black screen,
no sound, nothing.
3. I tried to shuffle my RAM around in any possible combination is the same.
4. I also tried to start with my HDD removed, its the same.
5. I tried (quite a lot) to remove the battery, unplug the cable then
press the power button for 60 seconds and then start without the battery,
but sadly no result. Even tried it with my lid in the lowest angle possible.
6. I also tried to plug a monitor to my laptop (I did also press Fn+F8 to change
displays), but still nothing.
If anyone has any idea whats going on I'll be very thankful.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black screen, no POST, no BIOS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black screen, no POST, no BIOS

hi dont quote me on most as not qualified and sure someone will get to u soon but can u see anything faintly in the back ground as i had that prob and notice at certain angles if i looked close enough i could see .. it turned out to be my lcd cable if screen is totally black could be number of things like cable inverter backlight or actual screen .. sure a tech will see this soon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-no-post-no-bios.178816/
Relevancy 82.56%

My bros computer had no post black screen on boot we narrowed down mobo screen black New no post cpu still bios no the problem to either the cpu or the mobo He got a new Mobo a week ago same result He got a new cpu today same result He also has a new psu in it Today we swapped this working video card with his to see if that was causing it We tried different known working monitors When this problem first occured the old mobo made a beeping noise one that was not identified in the mobo New mobo cpu still no post black screen no bios beep codes however when we took out all the ram it beeped like it was supposed to with no ram With the new mobo there is no beeping Things I tried with his old mobo old cpu and with his new mobo old cpu Swapping out video card Swapping out ram Swapping out psu Swapping out monitors unplugging everything thats not essential Jumping the bios Unplugging the hard drives What we tried with the new mobo new cpu Swapping out video card Swapping out ram Swapping out psu Swapping out monitors unplugging everything thats not essential Jumping the bios Unplugging the hard drives I have no clue what to do my only guess is that we were sent a bad mobo The old mobo had no burn marks where the cpu was I don t even know if its possible that they both went bad at the same time I was hoping through trial and error we would find out which one was bad and send the other one back New mobo ASUS P N-D LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E R New cpu http www newegg com Product Produc E Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield GHz MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core nbsp

A:New mobo cpu still no post black screen no bios

Its been seated and reseated, it doesn't look like anything is grounding it. It is on metal things that screws go into holding up the mobo, I have as many in as the mobo will allow (I think this is what you mean by stand offs), the old mobo worked fine with the same setup for about 3 years.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-cpu-still-no-post-black-screen-no-bios.126870/
Relevancy 82.56%

When i turn on my computer i heard no post beep and i got just a balck screen. I took out the memory no beep. I disconnected all the power connector except the one to power the mobo and no beep either. Any other suggestions or what you think is the promblem? thankz

A:No post beep and no bios just a black screen

"Sounds like a dead BIOS chip..." From the limited description... Power supply or motherboard may be bad. Bios chips fail more from bad attemps of updating or flashing rather than out-of-the-blue

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-post-beep-and-no-bios-just-a-black-screen.102399/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello I have an emachines with the Trigem IM GL motherboard and Windows XP Home black new now card, BIOS graphics screen, emachines POST, no no SP installed This has the onboard graphics chipset Intel GL graphics memory controller hub I recently installed an ATI Radeon PCI graphics card to get emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS better graphics performance This achieved emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS the performance increase I needed but after installing the new card the system consistently took about - minutes to boot up and be useable after going through POST There was also the same delay when using the quot switch user quot function I thought this delay might be caused by some internal conflict between the new ATI card and the motherboard onboard graphics So I tried at first disabling and then uninstalling the onboard graphics through Device Manager Display adapters leaving the ATI card as the only adapter On restarting everything worked OK but I still got the same slow boot problem as before Next step was to check the BIOS settings This is a Phoenix BIOS Under the quot Advanced quot menu there is an option to set the primary video adpter to quot PCI quot or quot Onboard quot When I had initially installed the ATI card i e before uninstalling the onboard graphics I changed this to quot PCI quot but subsequently found that setting to this or quot Onboard quot didn t affect the signal output through the ATI card So after uninstalling the onboard graphics probably foolishly I tried changing the the setting back to quot Onboard quot saved settings and restarted Result - system powers on but will not now go through POST and the screen stays black Since there is no video output I can t even get into the BIOS If I switch the monitor lead back to the old onboard graphics socket I get an error message warning to effect that the graphics controller cannot be reverse engineered together with a few coloured flashing symbols This seems to be a default message put out by the onboard grahics chipset indicating it has power but is not communicating with the operating system It seems to me I ve shot myself in the foot I think what I ve done is delete uninstall the onboard graphics controller but tell the BIOS to use it and not the ATI card with the result that on startup the BIOS looks for the onboard graphics can t find it doesn t know to look for the ATI card so then stops starting up Trouble is I can t get into the BIOS to change the settings Can anyone offer a solution to this The only things I can think of doing are Physically remove and replace the ATI card hoping this will force it to be recognised as the primary video adapter during POST Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do Most drastic - install a new motherboard keeping all my other components CPU HD etc But then I would also need to reinstall the whole OS from scratch and I don t have a full copy of XP so not the cheapest option any help advice would be much appreciated thanks Tony nbsp

A:emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS

Start by resetting the cmos. This will reset the bios to the default settings.

Remove the new card from the machine. Hopefully your computer will now boot up ok, using the onboard graphics.

Is your psu putting out enough power for your new graphics card?

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-new-graphics-card-now-black-screen-no-post-no-bios.38514/
Relevancy 80.84%

i have 2 computers crashed, the motherboard has power, the processors fan is working as well as the video card i suppose is still up, coz its fan is running also. But bios screen is not showing. The reset button is useless...the problem began when i noticed the machines frequently hangs up at restarts its self. and i tried to check the bios setting, it hung up in bios. Somebody please give me a tip to somehow try to resolve this. thank you.
motherboard is ASUS P5P800S.

A:BIOS/POST not loading, black screen only, mobo has power.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53866.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-post-not-loading-black-screen-only-mobo-has-power.73003/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello I have an emachines with the Trigem IM GL motherboard and Windows XP Home no screen, no graphics POST, card, BIOS new emachines now black SP installed This has the onboard graphics chipset Intel GL graphics memory controller hub I recently installed an ATI Radeon PCI graphics card to get emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS better graphics performance emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS This achieved the performance increase I needed but after installing the new card the system consistently took about - minutes to boot up and be useable after going through POST There was also the same delay when using the quot switch user quot function I thought this delay might be caused by some internal conflict between the new ATI card and the motherboard onboard graphics So I tried at first disabling and then uninstalling the onboard graphics through Device Manager Display adapters emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS leaving the ATI card as the only adapter On restarting everything worked OK but I still got the same slow boot problem as before Next step was to check the BIOS settings This is a Phoenix BIOS Under the quot Advanced quot menu there is an option to set the primary video adpter to quot PCI quot or quot Onboard quot When I had initially installed the ATI card i e before uninstalling the onboard graphics I changed this to quot PCI quot but subsequently found that setting to this or quot Onboard quot didn t affect the signal output through the ATI card So after uninstalling the onboard graphics probably foolishly I tried changing the the setting back to quot Onboard quot saved settings and restarted Result - system powers on but will not now go through POST and the screen stays black Since there is no video output I can t even get into the BIOS If I switch the monitor lead back to the old onboard graphics socket I get an error message warning to effect that the graphics controller cannot be reverse engineered together with a few coloured flashing symbols This seems to be a default message put out by the onboard grahics chipset indicating it has power but is not communicating with the operating system It seems to me I ve shot myself in the foot I think what I ve done is delete uninstall the onboard graphics controller but tell the BIOS to use it and not the ATI card with the result that on startup the BIOS looks for the onboard graphics can t find it doesn t know to look for the ATI card so then stops starting up Trouble is I can t get into the BIOS to change the settings Can anyone offer a solution to this The only things I can think of doing are Physically remove and replace the ATI card hoping this will force it to be recognised as the primary video adapter during POST Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do Most drastic - install a new motherboard keeping all my other components CPU HD etc But then I would also need to reinstall the whole OS from scratch and I don t have a full copy of XP so not the cheapest option any help advice would be much appreciated thanks Tony nbsp

A:emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS

trljcl said:

2) Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do.Click to expand...

You should perform this step, but remove the Radeon PCI card first.

The Clear CMOS jumpers are precisely for this kind of mischief- to return BIOS to a known/working state in case the system can't get to or complete it's POST tests.

Once you've cleared the CMOS, you'll need to immediately go into the BIOS setup screens and redo all your settings, date, time, HD's, etc.etc.

At that point, you may reset video to PCI (disable onboard) and re-insert your Radeon. With any luck, Windows will boot and the drivers will still be intact and working.

As far as the pause you are describing before the BIOS fun.. did you install .NET and Catalyst Control Center version of the ATI drivers? These are very likely the cause of your pause/longer boot time and user switching.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-new-graphics-card-now-black-screen-no-post-no-bios.38513/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 69.23%

i had recently built a new computer after installing windows everything was fine except for during start-up keyboard detected no @ post screen, post/bios odd plus it'd say 'no keyboard deteced' which it wasn't detecting it because i couldnt acess bios during this once i came to the windows log in screen it was then reading the keyboard a few days ago i had a power outage during a thunderstorm and now a screen appears when turning on my computer giving me options somehwat like 'continue start up' and 'enter a set up' these are extremely general ideas odd post/bios screen, plus no keyboard detected @ post of what it says but its not the usual 'start windows normally' screen i would look but i'm currently at work since i cannot access the internet at home due to these problems lol the problem with this screen appearing is that since it is not detecting my keyboard at post i have no where else to go i've tried every usb port as well as a ps keyboard i either a need to figure out how to get past this screen or not have it appear at all or b figure out how to get it to detect my keyboard if you have any suggestions or info i'd really appreciate the help thanks

A:odd post/bios screen, plus no keyboard detected @ post

you could try removing the CMOS battery on the motherboard and using the jumper to reset the BIOS to factory defaults.

Always us a known good PS/2 keyboard. USB is OK after you have everything setup but unless you enable Legacy USB support in the BIOS the USB keyboard may not be seen by the BIOS (I've had this exact problem).

If the PS/2 keyboard is not seen when plugged into the keyboard PS/2 port move it to the PS/2 mouse port.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/153905-odd-post-bios-screen-plus-no-keyboard-detected-post.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I have this year old Lenovo Y config below The discrete graphic card has In WIN Screen Mode POST During , Screen Safe Even Black 7 Black probably fried a long time ago so last year when I did a clean install of Windows I had to disable ATI Card permanently in the device manager using safe mode Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode and used the Intel integrated card A few days ago I booted up windows only to encounter quot A disk read error has occurred press ctrl alt del to restart quot I tried to boot up using WIN install disc but soon after the Starting Windows logo the screen Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode turns black and I am left with a cursor in a black screen I tried to boot into Safe Mode but still I encountered a black screen with just the cursor I booted with Ubuntu live usb and was able to access all my partition and did back up and even formatted the Windows Partition I tried to boot using a WinPe and faced the Black screen with a cursor again I even reset BIOS to default changed Graphics Adapter from quot Discrete' to quot Switchable' and vice-versa but no effect at all When I boot up using Ubuntu and ran lspci grep VGA I can see both cards listed I even tried to boot up using Windows preview disk still I get a black screen after the Windows loading screen I can't afford to buy any laptop presently since I am currently at college so using Ubuntu for now Is ther any way to install Windows again Is it possible to get the ATI Card working properly- reballing reflow Any way to permanently disable the ATI card and get windows to boot up using the integrated chip Notebook Lenovo IdeaPad Y Processor Intel Core i M Graphics Adapter Switches B W Intel HD amp ATI Mobility Radeon HD

A:Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode

What other graphics adapter choices are available in BIOS setup? If you choose Switchable is there software on the Lenovo site for your model that's needed? Are you using the Display adapter software from there?

Have you tested your HD with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by a full Disk Check on a single disk partition you create?

Then work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums including trying an alternate install method (disk><flash stick) with new media. These steps overcome almost all install failures, so you'll be reasonably sure the problem is hardware or BIOS settings if nothing works. But don't skip any steps.

Try Clean Install Windows 10 Technical Preview to see if there's any difference with a more modern OS install. It's already a very polished OS and worth testing this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/351512-black-screen-during-win-7-post-black-screen-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello So on my computer something strange happens when I uninstall UxStyle It Black Post-Windows Flashing Black Screen Update UxStyle has broken my Windows install once and it has done it again The UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen first time I kept on doing system restores to see what was the problem that made that black screen After trial and error I narrowed it down to UxStyle So I deleted Windows and installed Windows which is what I wanted in the first place Now I decided to triple-boot Windows with Vista and and it has succeeded I reinstalled UxStyle thinking it was just a problem with my old Windows install and then uninstalled it after a few days since I felt like the regular look was better I rebooted Windows and the same effect happened So I would like to know if I can get and replace those three patched DLLs with unpatched DLLs for Windows Could I just change the broken ones to have old next to them and then place the ones I get here there Also would sfc scannow work

A:UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen

Hello lct01a, and welcome to Eight Forums.

A sfc /scannow will attempt to repair any modified or corrupted system files, so that would be a good first step.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/47244-uxstyle-black-flashing-post-windows-update-black-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I've been working on a dell inspiron 1525 today and cant figure what is causing this problem.

The laptop boots, displays the post screen, and then the screen goes black.
You can boot into BIOS,
You can boot into the Boot menu.

You cannot boot into safe mode, the f8 key does nothing,
when using the boot menu, u can't boot into a windows disc to reload the operating system, it just goes black.
I did however manage to boot into a linux cd i have and run a HDD test (what passed) and a memory test (what also passed).

It does exactly the same on an external monitor aswell so I am lost with this one.

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1525 - Screen goes black after POST screen?

Which OS is on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dell-inspiron-1525-screen-goes-black-after-post-screen-642561.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Computer won't boot after bios upgrade Quick history- computer was working but was dropped damaging hdd- verified hdd damage by removing it and connecting it to another computer- verified computer hardware still good by booting and using it from ubuntu live cd- purchased SSD- changed Bios HDD support to Legacy mode so I could install w - installed w bit professional- install went great computer booted in windows no lan or wifi yet missing drivers- downloaded drivers and bios update from HP site for my exact machine to USB stick using different machine- installed audio driver- installed bios update did not tamper with machine at all during BIOS update followed instructions exactly- after bios update nbsp s w said bios flash was complete computer just hung for min's- repowered machine only get black screen- holding down F while powering up gets white F BIOS Setup Options text in lower left corner of screen nothing else happens I tried holding the windows bios boot after upgrade bios or no Black menu screen and B key before powering then for a minute after powering several times nothing happened http support hp com us-en document c I repeated that procedure half a dozen times with and without a USB with the BIOS update software on it in a USB slot no difference nbsp nbsp Does my model support this key combination to load deffault BIOS settings nbsp Do I have any other options to unbrick my machine Any Black screen no boot or bios menu after bios upgrade advice is appreciated Mike

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-no-boot-or-bios-menu-after-bios-upgrade/td-p/5635572
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi fellas I have a Dell Dimension which stopped working three years ago It was running Windows XP with SP or - I can t remember for sure It has GB RAM and a MB ATI Radeon graphics card Whenever I boot up it goes straight to a black screen with a flashing cursor on the top left There is no Dell splash screen and no option to access the BIOS by tapping F This Dell has four indicator lights on the back to let a user know No Flashing Screen, Cursor, POST Black Screen if there is a problem The first three Black Screen, Flashing Cursor, No POST Screen lights are green and the fourth one in orange I looked this up on the manual and it says refer to technical support So far I have tried the following Removed optical drives to see if the machine would boot up without them - it didn t I am not confident enough to start taking parts off the motherboard just yet Booted up without any additional peripherals attached including mouse and keyboard Tried booting up from an old Windows XP install disc - that had no effect either So I am pretty much stumped as to what to do with this machine Doing a Google search others with the same problem have been unable to fix it I just want to know if it is worth the time to revive this machine or to let go Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I was on the internet yesterday and avira antivir notified me that it had found a virus. It had system 32 in the virus name. And i foolishly clicked on quarantine. Then it froze, so i restarted it from the button on the tower. Then when i turned it back on again, after the POST screen finished, the windows bar should of came up. but it didnt. A black screen came up. What do i do?

A:Black screen after POST

After POST start hitting the F8 key to get to the Advanced Boot options. Try to get to Safe Mode. Try to run the Virus Scan again and delete the virus file. Then go to Start/Run and type CMD and hit Enter. In the command prompt type chkdks /f/r and hit Enter. Then type a Y and hit enter and reboot the computer. The Check Disk Utility will run at next bootup to try and fix any errors on the Disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-post-428356.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently got some malware so I screen after Black post restarted my computer so I could load safe mode and run a system restore this has worked fine for me in the past However when I went to hit F to get to the boot selection screen nothing happened there was no Win boot screen Black screen after post or anything So I inserted the DVD and did a system restore that way again I got the blank black screen with no cursor or error or anything in place of the win boot screen I used the DVD to try and repair the MBR and startup I cleared my Bios and still nothing just stuck at the blank screen I installed alongside vista on two separate gb disks then later deleted vista and stuck with I realized while booting from the DVD that Vista is suddenly showing up as though it s still installed again while it never used to show up when I had to use the DVD in the past I m wondering if somehow my MBR got set to boot vista somehow and the reason it s freezing up is because there is nothing for it to boot I don t know if that is possible Any suggestions I don t really want to have to do a full re-install Edit After resetting the bios and booting into the DVD suddenly vista has disappeared again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-post.944494/
Relevancy 63.21%

I write this post because I am at a loss of what to do I just recently built my first PC and Post Yet Another Black Screen all seems well except for a black screen with a flashing white cursor In my mobo's BIOS it detects my CPU RAM HDD and DVD-RW My primary boot drive is my Western Digital HDD with Win bit Enterprise Edition already installed it was installed while the drive was in a friend's pc Yet Another Black Screen Post I get past the splash screen and with one beep from my speaker which normally means everything is fine I have tried booting from my DVD drive with a bit version of Win and I manage to get to the install repair screen alright I went to the repair section of the installation and it recognized a partition Yet Another Black Screen Post of Win Enterprise already located on the disc I couldn't repair as my disc was of Win bit I'm fairly tech savvy but this problem has me completely stumped I can post the entire specs of my system if it helps

A:Yet Another Black Screen Post

Well I seem to have found my problem and fixed it. Apparently when my friend installed Win 7 to the HDD it failed to create a master boot sector. That is why the partition of Win 7 was still located on the drive, but it was unable to boot up. I formatted the entire drive and installed a version on XP I had and booted it up within an hour or so. It is such a relief to figure out I did not mess anything up assembling my first PC!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/yet-another-black-screen-post-620240.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

when turning on my comp I get the lights flash as usual, but no audible beeps. The monitor is black, and I do not see a thing on it at all (ie no logo, checking RAM, etc)

Have tested the monitor, that is fine. As computer is old it has on-board graphics (so i cant remove the card and replace it!)

The keyboard initially lights up when I hit the power button, but then goes 'dead', ie caps lock and num lock etc dont turn on the relevant lights.

I hope you can prove my suspicion that my motherbaord is 'fried', to be incorrect!

Thanks in advance,

Little Villan

(B4 anyone asks, i have checked the recent posting at http://forums.techguy.org/t132178/sde54cce424672c90288507bc2877c9e4.html to no avail.)

A:No POST / black screen

since you haev changed yoru power supply and you say that teh processor fan does move then the power is reaching the board.
There could be a problem then with the processor.
Even the RAM may not be working.
if you remove the RAM from the board, and start the pc , do you get the beeps? if you dont then there is apossible problem with the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-post-black-screen.132389/
Relevancy 63.21%

I can't tell you how many forums I've read to try and find an answer My computer just will not start the fans run seems like it's starting to boot up I get one POST beep then nothing No BIOS no activity on the screen at all no flickering lights no beeps no anything I am thinking this is a video card issue I thought I read something that was similar to this I remember reading about a chip for the on-board video that can me removed and re-installed that re-sets the on board video Anyone heard of this Sure there are a lot of quot Black Screen quot type issues but not like this I noticed prior to this problem happening about weeks ago there were a couple Microsoft updates within a few days After DLing them the computer Black screen POST after seem to load slower and slower with each restart Then the true Black Screen of Death arrived Since then I have been at a complete loss Tried all Black screen after POST new Power Supply new RAM new Hard Drive same issue I reset the CLRTC jumper took the battery out for hours nothing seems to work I really hope someone can be our hero Thanks

what antivirus are you running.. did you do a virus scan.. go on control panel.. under administrative tools.. check the event log and see what errors are there??
You are actually running OS 64 bit.. post ur machine spec in details to see if your system is compatible with 64 bits..
Had you tired running a windows repair?? we won't advice for a re installation of the OS at the moment as want to analyse the problem..

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261393-black-screen-after-post.html
Relevancy 63.21%

please help me. I've been using an old clone computer with AMD duron processor and windows XP professional OS. I recently had an internet connection in my house that's why I installed a LAN card to it. For 3 weeks, the computer is running fine until a message "low disk space" appears on the screen and I kept following the instruction given by the computer to erase programs. Last week, my computer crashed. After the POST and Windows XP screen appears in the computer it went black although the arrow of my mouse is working. I've re-started the computer many times using the on and off switch in the case but still it's not working. I tried looking for the windows xp installation cd but I can't find it. Hope you can help a lot. Thanks in advance.

A:black screen after POST

emil2 said:

please help me. I've been using an old clone computer with AMD duron processor and windows XP professional OS. I recently had an internet connection in my house that's why I installed a LAN card to it. For 3 weeks, the computer is running fine until a message "low disk space" appears on the screen and I kept following the instruction given by the computer to erase programs. Last week, my computer crashed. After the POST and Windows XP screen appears in the computer it went black although the arrow of my mouse is working. I've re-started the computer many times using the on and off switch in the case but still it's not working. I tried looking for the windows xp installation cd but I can't find it. Hope you can help a lot. Thanks in advance.Click to expand...

Can you boot to safe mode?
Can you from safe mode run system restore?
If you can operate system restore from safe mode do it back to before you removed programs.
If you cant boot to safe mode your hard drive might have crashed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-post.690485/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have a Compaq Presario running Windows after post Black screen XP home My Black screen after post son was going thru his email and opened an email not an attachment he says when Avast popped up and before he could read it the computer crashed When we try to start the Black screen after post computer it beeps shows the Asus motherboard screen and then goes to a black screen with a cursor blinking I can t type anything in there I have tried to get into safe mode but after tapping F at startup it will only go to the screen that lets me choose boot order I tried several different times to start tapping F Black screen after post no matter when it either goes to the boot sequence menu or beep gt asus screen gt black screen I have a Windows XP home CD I bought a couple years ago so I tried this I booted to the windows disk chose set up windows XP not repair then chose the C drive windows installation When asked if I wanted to repair it I said yes It went through the installation process all the way to the end When It was done it said it was going to restart the comp so we could finish I removed the CD before it restarted The computer did exactly the same thing as if I had not just done a repair install I was able to use an Ubuntu Live CD to access a couple of papers he was working on but I don t have anything that I need to save Does this sound like a corrupted mbr Will a clean install correct this problem Your help would be appreciated Brenda

A:Black screen after post

A reformat and clean install will correct this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364020/black-screen-after-post/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am working on someone s computer and it s got me rather stumped You see everything looks good when the thing s been on for a while Windows SE is stable shuts down OK POSTs screen POST after Black fine boots OK after reboot power on Funny thing is this After the thing s been off a while after the user leaves it off overnight it locks up with a black screen right after POST when he powers it on again After a reset it boots up to the boot menu where he s informed that Windows did not finish loading and is offered the option of starting in safe mode At this point safe mode works fine and normal mode works most of the Black screen after POST time hanging soon after boot of the time After second reset all is well and the machine can stay on for hours without a hitch be rebooted etc no probs Windows SE running on Gigabyte IXE BIOS latest Athlon Crucial Tech PC ATI Rage brand new watt Sparkle power supply AMD approved I just built another machine Windows this time brand new Athlon XP on ECS K S A MB latest BIOS DDR Crucial Tech GeForce MX etc Again nice beefy power supply Similar problem execpt it works after reset button nbsp

Quite strange.... Is the hard drive set as autodetect in both mainboards?? and is it a big drive (40+ GB)? this is the only I can imagine.... something else came... do you have a grounded outlet??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-post.70074/
Relevancy 63.21%

OS Windows XP SP My computer cannot get past the post screen It just remains a After Black screen POST black screen I have tried many methods but it is not working Before this happened I left my computer on and when I came back it was just a black screen then i rebooted and it could not start up I even bought a new video card thinking that my other video card had been terminated I used a windows Black screen After POST xp bootable disc to repair multiple times as well as recovery console using chkdsk r fixmbr Black screen After POST The first windows xp repair brought me back to windows however it started to reboot on its own and shortly it was back where it started Now it remains black no matter how many times i repair it I cleaned the parts as well I do no think it's bios problem since there are no beeping noises I do not want to reformat completely and still have the same problem If any of you have a clue about this it is much appreciated I also apologize if I did not post this in the correct section or missing some requirements in this post Thank you

A:Black screen After POST

does the bios see the harddrive?

if you know the manufacturer of the drive, try running their hd diagnostic utility. You can download it from their website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-post-513389.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I would like to write something better for my first post but I have a big problem with my desktop After a couple of days using the quot sleep quot after screen Black POST function Black screen after POST without shutting off the computer I finally shut it down and when I powered it on again appeared a black screen with a blinking white space in the upper left corner The first thing I tried to do was to use a bootable usb stick my desktop doesn't have a cd dvd to load the windows rescue utility or a bootable OS such as ubuntu The problem is that when I accessed the BIOS it didn't recognize any usb stick This is really awkward since I installed both Windows and Ubuntu through usb I double checked the usb sticks I was using and they definitely work I tried them on a laptop with Windows installed I then tried various steps to solve the problem reset the BIOS through the CMOS jumper on the mobo disconnect every device apart from AC power keyboard and screen disconnect one of the memory sticks change the slot where it was allocated and repeat the operation for the other one disconnect the second HDD Without any result I have installed Windows Ultimate and Ubuntu with GRUB loader The hardware is as follows Motherboard Zotac ION Itx-B HD OCZ Agility SSD Gb HD WD Caviar Green SATA Tb Memory Corsair XMS Mhz x Now I'm absolutely stuck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-post-459498.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok building this computer for a friend and the specs are Asus A N X-X motherboard Athlon XP Barton Corsair ValueSelect MB DDR XFX GeForce FX WD GB HD CD-RW not connected SoundBlaster Live Value not connected I have searched and tried pretty much everything that people listed short of getting a new processor or mobo So far I m up to this - Replaced video card with No POST and black screen GT - Different monitor - Different power supply - Reset CMOS - No hard drive - Replaced ram with same exact kind What should be next Getting an RMA from Newegg I would like to find out soon if I should send back the No POST and black screen processor because I think their policy is only days for a replacement One thing I m scared of is that it being the possibility that I broke the processor die while installing the heatsink The stock heatsink was extremely hard to put on much harder than I remember the last two times I ve used this processor motherboard combination I do have extra thermal compound to apply if I need to put it back on but I would much rather see if there is anything else I can do before I remove it How can I tell that the processor is in fact working From the sounds I hear when I start it up it sounds fine but I m not exactly sure Thanks nbsp

A:No POST and black screen

Id say you've narrowed it down to the mobo or processor. A local computer shop may be able to test the processor. There is a chance you damaged the die but the mobo will usually give a beep code but not always.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-post-and-black-screen.28464/
Relevancy 62.78%

I've been having some issues with my PC. The short version of the problem is that I can turn my computer on, use it for a while, but then if I restart it, I can't get it to even post to the bios screen. I'm assuming it's some type of overheating. How can I tell specifically what the problem is though if I can't even get to the bios screen?

I'm using a different computer right now, and have the other one unplugged and have a feeling it'll turn on again in about 30 minutes.

It's an Athlon 64 3700, Asus K8U-X, and a 550W power supply.

Relevancy 62.35%

Hey guys I have a problem with my HP Pavilion dv nr laptop It is Pavilion Black No Hp POST Screen, almost year and a half old and recently I noticed that it wouldn t boot up at all It has done that before intermittently but it would finally boot after - resets from the power switch Hp Pavilion Black Screen, No POST like it needed to get warmed up After last night now it seems totally dead And I take good care of it The boot looks like this The screen is totally black fans are on HDD seems to be on all the indicators on top are on no beeps occur HDD indicator blinks times - times if media present in the DVD drive DVD-drive spins up if disc inside Here s what I ve tried so far - connecting to external monitor - no success - battery check - tried to boot with or without it no change - power supply - strange but computer turns on by itself when I plug in the charger I think that s not normal - HDD check - HDD works fine I was able to back it up - DVD-drive check - read write indicator blinks the same way and at the same time with the HDD indicator If a disc is inserted the blinks are five or six An interesting fact is that the computer behaves the same way with the RAM modules and HDD taken out of it That freaked me out Indicators blink he same way no beeps or noises Nothing I ve no idea what the problem is I highly appreciate your help and concern Thank you nbsp

A:Hp Pavilion Black Screen, No POST

The motherboard/CPU is probably bad. It may be time to take it in for repair

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-black-screen-no-post.97780/
Relevancy 62.35%

For starters this is not my computer, I'm attempting to fix a friend of mines laptop. I have no idea what he was doing prior to this meltdown but the computer will no longer boot so far as to get to the windows login screen. I have tried booting in safe mode on all different settings but after the bios readout it just goes to a black screen with the pointer (same as reg boot). Anyone know what might be wrong? Is his computer shot?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

A:POST but no login/black screen

you could try the start up repair. If his computer passes POST more than likely hard drive is the issue Did you hear the normal two beeps or are there any beep codes you hear.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418118/post-but-no-loginblack-screen/
Relevancy 62.35%

OK all Here s the low down days ago I was surfing the net without anit-virus software Post Beep! Black from screen oops and my screen kinda shuttered like lines went through it then black completely black So I hit reset I could see the post menu with no faults windows would boot I click on my profile my desk top comes up once stable I would preform some programs I use in my photo business and bammm black screen PCs still running I could use the windows shortcut button on my keyboard but can t see anything I don t get a video signal error or anything the monitor is still on just black I took the computer to a tech shop they off loaded or caputured some mal-ware and spyware and Black screen from Post Beep! a virus so I paid the fee and now after a few hours of working right it s stopped working again I Black screen from Post Beep! ve had it what can I Black screen from Post Beep! do if I can t see how to do anything Please help v r Lew nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-from-post-beep.696011/
Relevancy 62.35%

Just purchased new refurb PC's for my wife and Black Screen Restart Post on Screen BEFORE I It's all I Black Screen BEFORE Post Screen on Restart could find with Windows still available They are both HP Pavilion p - w bit Desktops running Win Home Premium SP During Windows setup of PC it asked for a restart When the PC powered back up it had a black screen from the start before the Post screen I power cycled it several times with no luck Even switched monitors and video cables The next morning it started normally with perfect video I assumed the Refurb PC had a problem and set it aside for return Been setting up PC for a few days now with lots of restarts All was well until I did a restart just now There was the identical problem Power cycled the unit twice and still had the black screen Then I unplugged the PC and pressed the power button to discharge the capacitors fans ran for a few seconds When I returned power and started the PC again it functioned normally I've done quick restarts since to try and replicate the problem but it only happened that once I love these PC's and I love Win so I hate to give them up But I don't want the video freezing up on me every time I do a restart I assume now that PC is not necessarily defective Since this is occurring before the post screen I wasn't sure if it could be windows related Has anyone run across this If so and suggested solution Thanks very much sorry for the long post

A:Black Screen BEFORE Post Screen on Restart

That does sound quite strange that they both do it
The answer to your question is no, windows has nothing to do with post, power on self test as the name suggests is controlled by the bios and is the motherboard checking hardware etc when the post is complete the bios will start the boot sequence as set in the bios ie 1st boot device then 2nd device then 3rd if necessary until an OS or bootable device is found, I can think of no reason for a machine to not post other than the wrong display output being selected if the machine has more than one ie on board gfx and gfx card installed or multiple display ports present or finally an overheated gfx card that has shut itself of until cooled but having said that if it works it works so I would see how it goes

You can check bios settings for gfx outputs and I would monitor temps as well don't really know what else to suggest

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270309-black-screen-before-post-screen-restart.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with my issue.
I recently built a core 2 extreme machine with a Gigabyte 965P-D23 mobo.

When I turn on the computer, all the fans turn on but nothing appears on the monitor. Nothing beeps either.

My RAM, graphics card, psu, and monitor have all been tested on other systems and confirmed functional. I have swapped out psus and the same problem remains.

I have reset the cmos using the "shorting the pins" method and battery remove method to no avail. Is my only option now to buy a new mobo?

Thanks,

meebee

A:No screen, no post, no bios, no hope?

"Is my only option now to buy a new mobo?"...

Check to see that the motherboard is not shorted to the case. If it is not shorted, make sure you have connected the 4 or 8 pin CPU power connector to the motherboard near the CPU... Then replace the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-screen-no-post-no-bios-no-hope.131694/
Relevancy 61.92%

i was overclocking my BIOS and after save & exit nothing shows up at all....but i still get power....i tried removing the CMOS battery didnt work....there are no CLR_CMOS jumper pins on the board...(because thats how gigabyte made it)may anyone please help me....
AIM: DeMcOcOnuTzZz
Email: [email protected]
Yahoo Msger: howieeeeeeee69

comp info:
Gigabyte GA-7VT600-L Motherboard
AMD 2500+ Processor
ATi 128mb DDR Radeon Video Card
Kingston 256MB PC4000 500MHz 32x64 HyperX DDR
5 Fans

Relevancy 61.92%

I just bought a gtx 970 to replace the 9750. I did a new install on a new ssd. I installed all the appropriate mobo drivers and now it's time to install the geforce drivers. I shut off the computer, connected the 6pins to the video card, and made sure the video card is secure seated. Turned on the computer and noticed the post screen, but it lingers for a while then I get a black screen. I'm not able to enter the BIOS.

Could this be a faulty video card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/392635-black-screen-after-long-post-bootup.html
Relevancy 61.92%
A:Power on, no post, no beeps, black screen...

If you had a thunderstorm and lightning, it could be more than one component, but the likely suspects are power supply and motherboard.

Here is a way to troubleshoot from member TVeblen:

Strip it down and then add components back, one at a time, to try and isolate the offending component.

The test (power off, power cord unplugged):
• Disconnect everything externally connected except the mouse and keyboard (printers, USB devices). If you are not using a wired mouse and keyboard see if you can borrow one.
• Disconnect the power and data cables from all the drives inside the computer (Hard drives, DVD/CD drives).
• Remove all the cards installed in the PCI slots including the video card. (be careful handling them and place them on a non conductive surface while testing).
• Remove all the RAM sticks (same rules as above).
Now connect the power cord and turn the PC on.
• The motherboard should start beeping. You should get a beep code that tells you there is no memory. This is good, it means the processor is functioning and the motherboard is good so far.
• Now add one stick of memory in Slot A1 and power on. More beeping: "no video card" beep code. This is good.
• Then add the video card and connect it to the monitor. You should get no beeping and you should see the BIOS screens, ending with the message that there is no boot device.
If you get no video then switch the one memory stick installed for another one and test.

Continue adding components one at a time.

If at any point the PC fails the the last component added was the problem one.

If you removed everything and there is only the Motherboard (with integrated video), processor, and power supply to contend with and it does not POST or show anything on the screen, then the problem is one of those three.

If you have tested by using another power supply then you are down to two. CPUs rarely fail, so motherboard is the most likely guess.

Try performing a CLRTC or Clear CMOS as a last ditch effort, and check the 3v battery. Both long shots, but what do you have to lose at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210640-power-no-post-no-beeps-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Firstly my front usb's stopped working for a day, no other problems at all b4 this.

Then i was away for a few days (computer off) on return computer would not boot. no beeps. no post, just fans and black screen.

I tested the two ram modules and both have some led lights, i tried taking one out/ then swapping them etc no difference.

I thought then it was the mobo, i replaced it w a (untested) secondhand mobo.
This time fans start for a moment then stop, still no post no/black screen etc.

I tested the power supply in another mobo/old sys and it powered up and there was post sound.

I have now found that the fans work when the 4pin atx12v is not plugged into the board. as this powers the chip i am wondering if the chip is fried or if it may be something else?

A:Fans work /no post - black screen

more info:

I have also replaced the power supply with 600w jeantech

also i have since tried to disconnect all power to all but the mobo and 4pin atx 12v - still same problem

i have removed all the pci cards and graphics card - still no joy

So what do i have left to do? disconnect any other drives completely and check for poss shorting of mobo?

The cpu and ram have been reseated when i replaced the original mobo

any help much appreciated

why do fans work when atx 4pin is not connected but not when it is connected?

obviously the system will not post w this disconnected but why do the fans run?

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fans-work-no-post-black-screen.87442/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have seen some similar problems like mine posted here but I am not sure how to proceed so here it goes This is on a Dell Latitude D laptop I caught Palladium trying to install itself so I did not want to let it finish Taskmanager was already disabled and a shut down attempt resulted in a hang so I held the power switch till it forced a power down On reboot after that I attempted to boot, cursor screen after & POST XP OEM no black boot to safe mode but hitting F did not get me to the safe mode menu All I get is the black screen with no text and the flashing cursor Subsequent attempts to boot produce the same result The only options I have are F and F both of which work fine I can boot from a CD or an external floppy I have a near identical laptop that I have been working on but I want my programs The XP no boot, black screen & cursor after OEM POST hard drive from the problem computer works fine in an external housing but not to boot While I had it in the external housing I ran Malwarebytes to rid myself of the remnants of the Palladium When I put it in the good computer I XP no boot, black screen & cursor after OEM POST get the same results When I put the good HD in the problem computer it boots fine but with driver issues I guess it s not identical I copied the MBR from the good HD with MBRtool but it will not load the OS with that MBR so XP no boot, black screen & cursor after OEM POST I reloaded the backed-up MBR I also tried the Windows recovery console fixMBR It also didn t let the OS boot I started to do a Repair Install but I quit at the HD partition page It seems the instructions on MS s site skip a step and I got nervous at that point Like I said I really just want to save my programs or the time to re-install to tell the truth Should I just charge ahead with the repair install or try again to fix the MBR with TestDisk The other option is to do a clean install but is there a way to transfer my programs I ll shut up now Thanks if you can help I can post the logs from Malwarebytes when I get to the office if that helps but it seems to me that the problem is not there I have to revise some of the above I did the external housing and scan last week so I messed up some of the details Malwarebytes would not scan any drive but C I guess that comes with the full version So because I was working of an external housing I scanned it with MS SE which would scan the external drive Then I followed the manual extraction dirrections for Palladium and deleated all the vestiges I could find I haven t fixed the registry yet because I still can t boot with it MS SE found some other things but no Palladium so maybe I ran that after manually deleting the files I could find It was last week Attached is a screen shot for the MS SE history I didn t see where it allowed an export of the logs If this is the wrong forum please move my posts I had just read a case very similar to mine here and thought this forum would fit Another thing I did was to check the boot ini file and it is the same as my good computer I even coppied the ntldr system file from my good computer None of these has worked EDIT Posts merged BP

A:XP no boot, black screen & cursor after OEM POST

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375777/xp-no-boot-black-screen-cursor-after-oem-post/
Relevancy 61.92%

Good afternoon!

I'm in a strange problem.
My netbook's screen shows black during POST (Bios), and sometimes shows some white lines, like interferences.

If I start Windows 8.1 OS the problem persists.
If I run Ubuntu, I can see everything normally.

I looked over screen connection and touched it in order to check the wire is ok, but is the same.
If I connect an external VGA screen I can see everything right.

Years ago, I changed the screen because It brokes.
During last months, I could see lines in screen mostly during POST.

It could be a problem from screen, wires...?
The screen doesn't support some frecuences now?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

My netbook is a *NB520*.

A:NB520 - Black screen during POST and in Windows 8.1

I read the other post which you have created some time ago about the CPU upgrade.
Did you upgrade the CPU and if yes did this display issue appear before the CPU replacement?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79783-NB520-Black-screen-during-POST-and-in-Windows-8-1
Relevancy 61.92%

Alright so I have been looking for a soloution for this but all I can seem to find pre- Extra long black post-UAC and screen is 'this is a security thing you can disable it but it makes it less secure' What I'm experiencing as it says in the title is a second or so black screen before and after each time User Account Control pops up I don't wish to turn off UAC or Secure desktop which I'm sure you techies will know Extra long black screen pre- and post-UAC is why it turns black but simply make the waiting time on the black screen less I use Vista Home Premium with service pack if that helps at all I think it may be related to or the same problem that I have with my login screen after waking up from sleep mode it loads everything the cursor works but it takes an extra minute or so for the password to be able to be typed in because the dot characters freeze in the password bar - but if not can anyone help me with this as well

A:Extra long black screen pre- and post-UAC

you could use tweak-uac, it as a quiet mode which leaves uac on but does away with the black screen http://www.tweak-uac.com/home/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/extra-long-black-screen-pre-and-post-uac-429364.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello!

Vista SP1
2gb ram
Asus M50vm
nvidia 9600gs
After a normal shutdown my laptop no longer boots. It posts fine, then displays a black screen with a flashing cursor in the upper left of the screen.

So far I have done the following with the Vista Restore Disk:

-Pulled up a command prompt and verified that my files are intact on the HDD

-Run the Vista diagnostic

-Used system restore to rollback to an earlier restore point
None of the above had any noticable effect. I will attempt to reinstall Vista later, but beyond that I am unsure what else to try.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

A:After post, black screen, blinking cursor

Hi-

From the command prompt type

Code:
bootrec.exe /fixMBR
See if that helps, also is the BIOS set to boot from the HDD?

Regards,

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-post-black-screen-blinking-cursor-550089.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all I need help as I already exhausted every single troubleshooting step I could think of When pressing the power button the power and wifi lights come on as well as the fans and drives but the screen remains black I've tried the following so far Reseat the ramSwap ram with known working ramTried only with one ram stick on one slot at a timeReplaced gard drive with known working oneDisconnect DVD driveReplaced thermal paste on cpu and gpuRemoved cmos batteryRemoved battery and tried only with power cableRemoved battery and pressed power button for a minute while disconnected to discharge itConnected monitor on vga port while pressing the button screen, no Black codes light no post, for external monitorConnected monitor through hdmi portDiassembled everything and cleaned motherboardLooked for damage on the mobile or bent pins on the cpu Nothing seems damagedTried to recover bios win button b with usb holding bios recovery this only gets the caps light blinking nonstop no code Nothing seems to work and I'm not getting any Blink code at all only when I remove the ram I get a code for no ram besides this only the wifi light lits up orange and the power lightPlease help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-no-post-no-light-codes/td-p/5652738
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello, just finished putting another system up. I ran into a problem tough, when I booted the computer for the first time, all I got was a black screen. No bios, no post beep...

The setup:
MSI p6n SLI V2
Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHZ 6mb L2, 45nm (not compatible?)
Sparkle 8800GT 512mb
2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800mhz

The PSU didn't have a 8 pin 12v connector which the mobo had, so I didn't connect it. I will roam around the local computers stores for the cable today and see if it helps (hopefully thats the problem).

I fear it was my mistake tough, with the CPU choise. I tought the CPU list on MSIs site was of all the compatible CPUs and didn't notice that it said "in testing" on the side... damn.

A:No post beep, black screen on first boot

You absolutely need the correctly configured power supply to work with a motherboard and video graphics card of that quality.
The MSI website and the Core 2 Duo webside will advise you on capatibility between the two.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-post-beep-black-screen-on-first-boot.102446/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,
(This is my first time posting here, so sorry if this is the wrong section or anything)

Tachyon-PC is being slow to boot its OS. Ironic, right?

Lately my laptop has been experiencing a problem when I boot it up. After the "Toshiba: Leading Innovation" POST screen, a black screen pops up that lasts for 4 minutes, 20 seconds on average. This black screen has a grey underscore (_) in the top-left corner, like a terminal. Afterwards, the Windows 7 splash and then login screen will appear as normal.

-I went into BIOS and set my boot to Fast Mode; that didn't help
-I was told to see if the on-die or onboard cache has been disabled; however, on my Satellite L875's BIOS, I can't seem to find an option for it.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

A:Black screen after POST; persists for over 4 minutes

Have you tried resetting your bios to default settings?

Have you made sure the hard disk is the 1st boot priority?

You did not specify what toshiba model you have. I suggest looking for bios updates as well.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/p...?cat=Computers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336408-black-screen-after-post-persists-over-4-minutes.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all Since a few weeks my computer have this strange problem When I turn it on several hours after the last use the screen keeps getting black even when it s turned on and I hear no post error I hear and see the hard drive and the DVD-ROM being powered on the green light on the mobo is turned on and all the fans are running My computer specs - Mobo Asus A V X-X - CPU AMD Athlon XP - x Mb Kingston DDR memory - Video card Asus GEForce TI - Generic PowerSupply w - DVD-Rom LG - HD Western Digital Gb - Modem won't post, screen Computer No black boot - USR K int Here s all the tests I ve done - Disconnected and reconnected all power cables and data cables inside computer - removed and put back all cards modem and video card also the memory module - cleared CMOS - Tested video card memory and hard drive in another computer it worked well - Replaced the PSU same prob - Removed all cards the memory module and disconnected all power cables except the mobo same prob no post - Reseated CPU Nope Later it worked with no reason and I was able to use it and turned it off the same day The day after the same issue occured after the first try The first test I Computer won't boot - No post, black screen v done was to push some warm air into the computer with a hairdryer ask me why I though to this solution Guess what It worked In this room temperature is about F- F C- C My other computer in the same room works well even at lower temperatures At this time I cannot identify if the issue comes from the Mobo or the CPU This is where I need your help suggestions etc Thanks in advance Steph nbsp

A:Computer won't boot - No post, black screen

It sounds like a heat problem to me, and it's possible that the warm air from the hair dryer was cooler than the CPU and cooled it down enough to restart. So, the question is, are you sure the computer is too cold to run? Use the computer with the case open, or try blowing air from a fan into the case and see if the same thing happens - because I think it's getting hot and shutting down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-no-post-black-screen.350533/
Relevancy 61.92%

I started using the yoga around Dec I started experience boot issues around Dec it decides to break just as my warranty ends nbsp Since my warranty was over anyways I decided to just leave it as is I finally had some free time today to take a look at it in more detail It will sometimes boot into safe mode but most of the time all it does is sit with a black screen with the fans intermittently spinning faster It's a cycle that repeats every couple seconds At first I thought it might be a bios issue or something in the windows installation was corrupted But I can't boot to the bios and when I attempted a reinstallation of windows from the few times it has Post/Boot Yoga Black Won't Screen 13 booted to safe mode it has always failed because of various errors But because it was able to boot to safe mode Yoga 13 Won't Post/Boot Black Screen all my data has been backed up fortunately nbsp I read in another post that some owners were experiencing a similar issue because they use an external monitor I have my yoga attached to a external monitor most of the time when at home for the past year I have tried all those function keys so I know screen brightness switch to external display etc are not causing the problem nbsp Since the yoga broke I have already purchased a replacement laptop from a different manufacturer but if I can still salvage it I would like to try nbsp nbsp Any help would be appreciated

A:Yoga 13 Won't Post/Boot Black Screen

Your laptop has a recovery NOVO button. Shutdown the laptop and press that button and follow on-screen instructions.

Here is the User Guide -
http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_yoga13_ug_v2.0_jul_2012_english.pdf

Look at Page 25 for Recovery.

If recovery fails, then shutdown and do these steps before starting again.
1) Shutdown
2) Disconnect power supply
3) Press power button for 30-40 seconds
4) Reconnect power supply and press NOVO button again.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-13-Won-t-Post-Boot-Black-Screen/td-p/2047571
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all I need help as I already exhausted every single troubleshooting step I could think of When pressing the power button the power and wifi lights come on as well as the fans and drives but the screen remains black I've tried the following so far Reseat the ramSwap ram with known working ramTried only with one ram stick on one light codes post, screen, no Black no slot at a timeReplaced gard drive with known working oneDisconnect DVD driveReplaced thermal paste on cpu and gpuRemoved cmos batteryRemoved battery and tried only with power cableRemoved battery and pressed power button for a minute while disconnected to discharge itConnected monitor on vga port while pressing the button for external monitorConnected monitor through hdmi portDiassembled everything and cleaned motherboardLooked for damage on the mobile or bent pins on the cpu Nothing seems damagedTried to recover bios win button b with usb holding bios recovery this only gets the caps light blinking nonstop no code Nothing seems to work and I'm not getting Black screen, no post, no light codes any Blink code at all only when I remove the ram I get a code for no ram besides this only the wifi light lits up orange and the power lightPlease help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Black-screen-no-post-no-light-codes/td-p/5652738
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey All I have built my computer about months ago now and had nothing but issues with it display drivers stopped responding alot of BSOD bccode During on bootup Screen Cold Black Post a and black screens lockups and so forth i have FINALLY read enough forums over this month period to solve majority of problems accept one Computer runs fine but every morning on cold bootup it'll start to load POST and then go to a black screen and just stay there unless i reboot the computer and then it'll bootup fine I will turn off the computer after that and go to Black Screen During Post on Cold bootup work for about - hours come home and turn it on all fine untill the next day I have tried new ram fail safe settings in bios updated bios to the lastest bought a new power supply tried reconnecting everything unpluged storage harddrive Only thing i could think of causing the problem is my video card drivers because as soon as i install the drivers i get quot drivers have stopped responding but have recovered quot screen would lock up freeze artifacts and then come back until i changed my idle clocked from to and it sorted out that problem but those settings dont kick in until i reach into desktop could it be trying to load the ati drivers during post and black screening Any help on the matter would be much appreciated If any information is required in helping me please dont hesitate to ask Thank you

A:Black Screen During Post on Cold bootup

Welcome to SF, r4andom.

Sorry about your difficulties.

Please do the following:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117384-black-screen-during-post-cold-bootup.html
Relevancy 61.92%

So I thought I was pure class and POST, black either. to screen lads, but Well, managed it won't myself, it elected to edit some stuff about the way my WIndows looks The log-on background was first No trouble there quite successful Next came the picture Well, lads, managed to black screen myself, but it it won't POST, either. frame for the user image on the same screen which is obviously what's caused my black screen as I used Resource Hacker and edited the authui dll file Of course I made copies of that file first I edited both the syswow and system folders' authui dll files I restarted to see my changes It took for ever There was a black screen with the cursor for a few minutes and then it restarted It brought me as no-one is surprised to learn to that same black screen with the cursor No cause for the panic now as I could simply reboot and use my Hiren's rescue disc to access that HDD and set things right But here's where they get you now it won't POST My monitor displays its manufacturer name on the screen so it works but maybe the signal isn't getting to it Pretty odd for both of these problems to happen simultaneously Thanks for the help

A:Well, lads, managed to black screen myself, but it it won't POST, either.

Normally when I have similar conditions, I try booting to Safe Mode first.  If that doesn't work, I boot from a Windows repair disc and do a repair.  If I still have a problem, I boot from a Linux Mint or Ubuntu disc.  I've never used a Hiren's rescue disc because the things I mentioned always worked for me, but if it's a stand-alone disc that doesn't depend on using something from your hard drive, I'd wonder about the graphics card.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541171/well-lads-managed-to-black-screen-myself-but-it-it-wont-post-either/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I had a strange issue with my computer today It started yesterday when my wife and I noticed the computer hanging a bit Slow Post After Black then downs Screen more than normal - even when doing basic things like clicking quot login quot to check our email But it would always come back and really wasn't all that frequent This morning I tried to start it up and it got stuck on a black screen after the motherboard POST image I was able to get into BIOS and boot from the windows CD A system restore fixed it I'm just wondering what you guys think was likely to have caused it Is it likely that my boot files got corrupted somehow I ran a diagnostic and from Seagate and it says that my hard drive is fine - but I'm not sure if that's just because I recently restored Windows I did recently install a Slow downs then Black Screen After Post big name game - but it ran fine for three days before this happened The system restore point I had was from when I installed it so it's now gone What do you guys think could have caused it I'm just a little concerned that restoring only patched over a problem that will crop up again - or that I should be afraid to install that game again Thanks in advance Chris PS System Specs Slow downs then Black Screen After Post Windows Home Premium -bit GHz E Intel CPU GB Seagate SATA HDD GB Crucial MHz RAM x GB ASUS P Q Pro Turbo LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard The game that was installed was Vanguard Saga of Heroes EDIT Just updating to include that my motherboard and processor are less than days old bought as a pair from newegg Installed without a hitch and have had no other problems than this

A:Slow downs then Black Screen After Post

Quote: Originally Posted by gamebynight

Hi,

I had a strange issue with my computer today. It started yesterday when my wife and I noticed the computer hanging a bit more than normal - even when doing basic things, like clicking "login" to check our email. But, it would always come back and really wasn't all that frequent. This morning I tried to start it up and it got stuck on a black screen after the motherboard POST image.

I was able to get into BIOS and boot from the windows CD. A system restore fixed it. I'm just wondering what you guys think was likely to have caused it. Is it likely that my boot files got corrupted somehow? I ran a diagnostic and from Seagate and it says that my hard drive is fine - but I'm not sure if that's just because I recently restored Windows.

I did recently install a big name game - but it ran fine for three days before this happened. The system restore point I had was from when I installed it, so it's now gone.

What do you guys think could have caused it? I'm just a little concerned that restoring only patched over a problem that will crop up again - or, that I should be afraid to install that game again.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

PS: System Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 3.0GHz E8400 Intel CPU, 500GB Seagate SATA HDD, 4GB Crucial 800MHz RAM (x2 2GB), ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard. The game that was installed was Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.

EDIT: Just updating to include that my motherboard and processor are less than 60 days old, bought as a pair from newegg. Installed without a hitch and have had no other problems than this.

Have you run a full disk check?Open Windows Explorer (<WINDOWSKEY>+<E>)
Click "Computer" in the left pane
Right-click on your hard disk, then select "Properties"
Click the "Tools" Tab
Under "Error Checking", click "Check Now" (You may need to respond to a UAC Prompt)
Make sure both options under "Check disk options" are checked.
Click "Start"
If the "Windows can't check the disk because it's in use" message comes up, click "Schedule disk check"
Reboot the computer, then allow the disk check to complete (it could take a while, because it will be checking the ENTIRE disk)
I mention the above because inexplicable slowdowns and boot failures are symptoms of a failed or failing hard disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/96725-slow-downs-then-black-screen-after-post.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi There,

I have Dell Optiplex 3010 machine in which the POST bios logo (not windows splash screen) appears some other instead of Dell manufacturer logo. How can i change that back to default so that when POST happens i can see the Dell logo?? I have tried reformatting the machine but still the logo doesn't show the Dell logo . Can anybody help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Sunil

A:POST Bios screen logo change

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Post BIOS would be when Windows loads.

Post on the Dell Community forum, that is probably the best chance to get an answer.
Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/372246-post-bios-screen-logo-change.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi this is my first post here and y computer won't boot untill POST it starts up to Asrock-that's some program already installed in my computer-it's not a problem so it just starts up till there it doesn't show the Windows logo but takes me to a black screen with a blinking period-not a cursor I've read articles to fix this but with a blinking cursor and in my case it's not a cursor that blinks but a period So Won't blinking period? a load screen with just POST black any help Also since this is my first time here is there a way to attach images Because i took some photos of what my monitor only shows up at boot or I'll just post them to a third party Won't load POST just a black screen with blinking period? image sharing website and paste here the links Any help would be appreciated thanks I use A Samsung desktop computer Windows bit gb installed ram or total memory Won't load POST just a black screen with blinking period? Cpu Intel reg Pentium reg ps I remember before this happened i left my computer for a moment not in sleep and when i get back to shut Won't load POST just a black screen with blinking period? it down i saw the black screen with blinking period i didn't mind it since i have to go elsewhere and just shut down the AVR

A:Won't load POST just a black screen with blinking period?

And i dont have any boot discs, i think i have lost them before. I am also able to enter the BIOS by pressing F2 or Delete button but i don't know how to use it, i can post the pictures' link if anyone wanna help? thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573612/wont-load-post-just-a-black-screen-with-blinking-period/
Relevancy 61.06%

hi , my first time doing this , havnt got a clue !! i have a acer aspire 5720 and when i turn it on i get a screen and all it says it press f 2 go to set up i go there but still doesnt come on , just black screen after that !

A:Acer Aspire 5720 gives black screen after POST

The hard drive may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5720-gives-black-screen-after-post.146168/
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and after POST it goes to an all black screen with a _ in the top left.

This started with a blue screen after waking up from sleep. I have re installed windows 3 times now and it happens again after 2-3 days always the same after waking up. It will boot ant thing else i can think of from UBCD to Linux and the install CD. The install CD however will not run Start-up repair saying it is not the right version of windows even when i installed it 2 days ago with that exact CD. i"m normal very good with computer but this one has me stumped and i don't wish to re-install again as it takes quite some time as it is a rather unique setup.

Thank you for any help you can give
Bradley

A:Windows 7 Home Premium black screen after POST

Quote:
all black screen with a _ in the top left

That could be any number of things such as it trying to boot to an Optical drive that has a disc in it but is not bootable, has a USB drive plugged in or a printer with memory stick slots or USB port on it. Basically it's looking for boot files and can't find them, could be the HDD has gone bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348665-windows-7-home-premium-black-screen-after-post.html
Relevancy 61.06%

It's back again First time making a post about it though since before I've always had system restore points to save my sorry ass - but not this time I updated to and POOF there they went Problem Immediately after the windows splash loading circle spinny thing I get a black screen with cursor across all three monitors or one Fight! Post Round 5: Splash Screen, Black monitor if I unplug the other two - doesn't really make a difference If I let the cursor idle for about two seconds it disappears then will reappear if I move the mouse I can wait five or thirty minutes it will stay black As I mentioned before the only way I was able to fix this the other billion times it's happened was to system restore The first time it happened I had to fresh install windows which I definitely know DOES fix it but it's also very impractical Hard rebooting from the black screen solves nothing as it just boots back to it Causing a load failure boot into automatic repair since I can't get into safe mode any other way also how I would get to system restore if you were wondering and entering any of the three safe mode modes does nothing The central monitor gets no input and the other two just say quot safe mode quot in each corner over a black background Keyboard input does nothing The safe mode text flickers rapidly for the first couple of seconds after it loads then disappears and will reappear if I move the mouse the cursor appearance disappearance is the same in safe mode I am running with a x on the most recent drivers I have the integrated gpu disabled in device manager There is no apparent trigger at least that I'm aware of - perhaps background updates which causes these quot blackouts quot For the love of all that is holy can any of you wizards help me with my problem p s I'm willing Post Splash Black Screen, Round 5: Fight! to spend money swapping components out to fix this I'm not especially tech-savvy but I always have suspicions that the iGPU is somehow behind all this Or maybe my motherboard Or SSD Maybe even my windows installation Last time I fresh installed windows I used a CD I burned from back during the upgrade promo but then again I always figured that windows updates - and especially having recently upgraded to windows - made your install source irrelevant UPDATE I left it on the black screen for minutes and it gave me a login screen Not sure what to make of it but I'm not going to shut it off to test it again just in case one of you suggests something that I need the computer on for

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42251-post-splash-black-screen-round-5-fight.html
Relevancy 60.63%

HI guys Before hand thanks for help and point me into to right direction New bios screen- BEEP Solved: post-No BIG Motherboard-No and apologize of English not my first language Ok here is my situation now I installed New motherboard with new processor and new power source new memory ram but with the same video card and same sound card Power Source Enermax server EPS V Solved: New Motherboard-No post-No bios screen- BIG BEEP w Model Mobo Gigabyte GA-EP -UDS L Processor Intel CORE DUO GHz socket LGA E cache MB lt ----updated type name missed before sorry Memory Ram Corsair GB DDR twin X Solved: New Motherboard-No post-No bios screen- BIG BEEP - C G Sound Card Diamond Xtreme sound Video Card Nvidia GT The H D Checked to have connection to power - No New has Windows XP x bit installed gb Checked to power connection - Floppy drive the same as well no new quot oldie quot But we got black screen in the monitor and a quot Big Long constant Beep quot the computer turns on the fans are on we unplugged immediately and turn off the power source This is my check list of Install We have the same HD and is the no slave I check that the ATX v is connected properly to the board and power source I check that the ATX is connected and seated properly I check all connections of H D Floppy and DVD Rom are seated and connected properly I check memory ram seated properly I check video card seated properly I check SATA seated and connected properly IDE seated and connected properly Floppy FDD connected properly and plug to power H D connected to board and connected to power with no linking Processor fan power connected to board ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Things that I m not sure I got in the right place But seems by the book of Motherboard that are in correctly place F Panel Header connectors are in the correspondent plugs those lil black thingis are a pain to put in and the F USB F and USB Headers connectors I plug all lil black pins connectors into USB following the book but still I dono if they supposed to go like that or if I plug something Wrong pls help We got Sooo scared with the Big long beep Toti UPDATE I been checking in the forums for the Beep codes to see if I can understand why is doing that Long beep but i haven t find the beep code for my situation when I turn on the computer I got no screen in my LCD and I get a Loud long constant Beep It s not a intermittent long beep or or one long No it s a constant loud beep Toti nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

My teacher has been experiencing problems with her computer. First she said she could not get it on they bought a new powersupply and I found that it was not the power supply but the Power Cord was blown. Once I got the Computer back together after they took it apart. I plugged it all up and it turned on but the drum light is flashing really fast or it is staying on and it is frozen at the bios screen saying press del to go into bios setup or press tab to go into POST which is Power On Self Test. But I press either key and it just beeps and it does not do nothing. I am not sure what to do about it.

A:Froze at the BIOS screen the one that says press del for setup or tab for post.

Check all the leads are connected firmly from the power supply to the motherboard, drives, etc. and the IDE cables. Then remove the CMOS battery for 20 minutes, replace it and reboot.

Are you getting any POST beep codes, or does it just beep when you use the keyboard?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/froze-at-the-bios-screen-the-one-that-says-press-del-for-setup-or-tab-for-post-118854.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi My system does not boot the BIOS is hanging at Loading of bootloader stage once i remove my newly replaced SATA hdd the system boots fine and does not hang anymore after removing the HDD i can also boot via Bootable CD but the PC does not start if HDD is plugged in My system specs AMD Athlon MS K MM-V -- details GB Drr Mhz Ram Nvidia Geforce GB sata hard drive ST AS Problem My HDD crashed so i replaced it with new one installed it correctly it booted fine loaded windows on it in morning now since evening it does not does POST hangs not way boot,BIOS mid after screen System boot I have checked the SATA-I compability System does not boot,BIOS hangs mid way after POST screen jumper its set at factory default i e GB s also the VIA Raid config which shows up just after POST screen as trouble detecting HDD sometimes it detects it and some sometimes it hangs but it sureshot hangs while loading bootloader stage Please help edit I downloaded Seagate Seatools and tried booting with it it does not boot with hdd attached it hung at InitDisk function so i removed the HDD and seatools booted fine after that i again install the HDD without poweriting off my PC and guess what it worked and i tested the drive with Short and long test and it passed both the test without any troubles nbsp

A:System does not boot,BIOS hangs mid way after POST screen

Unless your controller supports hot swapping, I would NOT do that again.
Have you replaced the sata cable and or tried another sata pw connector?

FWIW just because a disk passes the drive maker's diagnostic, does not mean it is OK. I had a system a few weeks ago that passed ALL tests twice and I zero filled the drive; still problems. Installed a known good seagate drive, all problems stopped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-does-not-boot-bios-hangs-mid-way-after-post-screen.734053/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have had this problem since building my box earlier this year but it was never really serious I screen problem... intermittent Weird video/post/black ll start by telling you my basic hardware setup Windows XP Pro SP ASUS A R -MVP Mobo AMD X GB OCZ RAM ATI x xt MB Video Samsung bf LCD x quot What happens is this If everything is off monitor and PC and I Weird video/post/black screen intermittent problem... power up what normally happens is my video card fan spins up real loud the screen POSTS the video card fan spins down and the rest of the PC is completely quiet This is a normal boot Sometimes maybe in boots I ll hear the video card fan spin up I don t hear the single beep POST and the fan does not spin down it seems to be stuck in a loop with a black monitor screen To remedy this I just power down and start it back up This is when I power the system up from the start I also get a problem sometimes when I reboot from the OS I will restart the computer it goes back to where it should normally POST but instead I get a black screen and no beep sound for the POST message Monitor is black screen again It seems like a POST issue because I don t hear the single POST beep like I normally would In Windows XP itself I have no performance issues and benchmarks run fine Memory tests fine in memtest in DOS Everything seems fine and everything works fine except for the occassional POST not going through which requires me to power off and back up I thought it could be a video to monitor connection problem at first now I m thinking motherboard BIOS issue It s intermittent though and out of times it s fine the other time it s not working nbsp

A:Weird video/post/black screen intermittent problem...

It could also be a psu issue!! What psu make and wattage are you using??

If it is a cheap generic one then that could explain it!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-video-post-black-screen-intermittent-problem.64079/
Relevancy 60.2%

Was infected with a screen block virus yesterday (ukash) but was able to use safe mode to run AVG and MBAM to clear. Normal mode was accessible again and screen no longer blocked so ran MBAM again but kept sticking. Ran again overnight but now have black screen (no taskbar, no option to ctrl+alt+dlt). Safe mode was running normally until I followed advice to edit the drive names in regedit.exe as a solution. Since Safe Mode is also now a black screen so can run no diagnostic tools. Can ctrl+alt+dlt in safe mode, no other functionality.

I am running Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio laptop less than a year old. Came preinstalled with Windows. I have license key but not discs.

Help!!!!

A:Black screen - this copy of Windows is not genuine - post virus

Is the reinstall partition on the hard drive still intact?
Tapping F10 while booting should get you to the factory restore partition but you will lose all data(files and programs added since new) currently on the drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-this-copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine-post-virus-702743.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently upgraded some of the hardware on my laptop keyboard hinges memory and laptop was working like a charm The very next morning laptop stays on at all times the screen had gone black and the computer could not be rebooted I do not know if the system did an automatic update overnight before the mysterious black screen appeared but it is possible Failure occurred on January if that helps When I try to boot I get a Dell splash screen and a successful POST but at the point where it should hand off to the OS the screen goes black -- no Windows logo or hard drive activity I have tried replacing the hard drive including a fresh installation of XPSP from the Dell CD Drive formatted successfully and copied over all files XP to successful Solved: (black screen) after Pro boot fails POST then had disk read error on restart I have purchased a USB connector for the hard drive and was able to read and backup original drive using a different computer New drive also appears fine though it is GB and system only recognizes it Solved: XP Pro fails to boot (black screen) after successful POST as GB Tried repartitioning new drive with GB partition using other computer booted from WinXPSP CD and black screen appears after quot Windows is inspecting your hardware quot I have tried replacing the boot ini ntdetect and ntldr files on the original hard drive and tried using a boot CD laptop does not have a floppy drive but still get the same black screen I have tried a repair installation on the original hard drive Windows files copy over with no problem black screen appears on restart I have tried replacing the motherboard In fact the only part of the system I haven t replaced is the adaptor connecting the hard drive to the motherboard that part should be here in a day or two Still get same black screen I have run diagnostics and everything checks out okay memory hard drive display and whatever else the Dell diagnostic tool could think of to test The display is working fine The BIOS can see the hard drive Connecting the hard drive to the USB port to boot still produced a black screen HELP I ve invested a fair amount of time and money in this system in the last week and I hate to give up now Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: XP Pro fails to boot (black screen) after successful POST

What model Dell is it?

Create 3 partitions on the drive, all of them under 137gb, then try to install XP to the first partition.

If it is an IDE drive, be sure it is jumpered CS (cable select) when you put it in the Dell.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-pro-fails-to-boot-black-screen-after-successful-post.896222/
Relevancy 60.2%

so i was getting BSOD s once in awhile on my new comp specs below took some tinkering but found out my bios had incorrectly set the timings and voltage wrong for my ram all week now get won't screen old is post black 1 multiple i build, BSODs, it had it at - - - V and mhz but my ram is rated at - - - V and mhz i manually configured the settings in bios 1 week old build, multiple BSODs, now won't post all i get is black screen to the specified ratings and it has been working fine for the past couple days today i got another BSOD while playing CS Source but after i restarted i cant get anything to show on the screen anymore i power it on and the monitor stays at a black screen and i cant get to bios or anything but all my fans power on im posting from my laptop btw i tried removing the ram and using one stick at a time in different slots and that didnt work i also tried removing my GT and plugging my monitor cord into my onboard video port from my mobo and that still didnt work right now im trying to reset my CMOS i took out the battery and unplugged the power and am gonna wait like mins plug it back in and see what happens any help would be much appreciated AMD BE ghz Gigabyte MA G-DS HP x gb G Skill BFG Geforce GTOCX mb gb Seagate SATA LG x DVDRW Raidmax Smilodon case w w PSU A on v line nbsp

A:1 week old build, multiple BSODs, now won't post all i get is black screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-week-old-build-multiple-bsods-now-wont-post-all-i-get-is-black-screen.797620/
Relevancy 59.77%

The change in the bdmifit bat file from a value of to should have worked if my EEPROM hadn't been owned nbsp I ran the Patched EEPROM Utility Ver dated and it showed ASCI values in the Asset Tag Serial Number Model Number GUID and UUID fields nbsp Thanks again HP for allowing these tools to be out there so those of us forced to buy used equipment on eBay can overcome what other technicians chose to sell off nbsp Wish I could post a picture of the Utility's output nbsp After the following fix my notebook rebooted and the clock was turned back to of and restarted all over argh the fix for this was to unplug and turn off the 1 2... Post displays BIOS program of "Manufacturing Screen mode notebook times nbsp Evidently this turns off the Manufacturing Program Mode nbsp Unfortunately the person who programed it wrong also failed to program values for the motherboard so Protect Tools generates an error nbsp So there is probably some way of programing those values in BIOS Post Screen displays "Manufacturing program mode 1 of 2... with the biosconfigutility exe program but the value names are a mystery only available to certified service people nbsp Still I like HP because they have Maintenance and Service manuals and got my problem mostly solved nbsp My guess is that my motherboard wasn't programed by a certified technician so the casual user gets caught in between BIOS Post Screen displays "Manufacturing program mode 1 of 2... again nbsp If my post merits a perk please send the config txt value names to my email nbsp http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId emr na-c - nbsp HP Elitebook p with windows - Validity fingerprint reader with Windows driver from nbsp sp HP Protect Tools Security Suite latest versionBIOS reflashedThe BIOS post screen generates a message in white background with red letters Manufacturing program mode of and after each reboot an iteration is added to the The Protect tools suite generates an error stating that the Motherboards and System IDs are invalid and there are no values displayed nbsp It stops posting and requests a continue acknowledgement All of the BIOS values have been reset to default and boot fails as it tries to boot from a network connection nbsp My choice was a UEFI boot so boot fails After resetting the BIOS values and rebooting through the Protector Suite error to the desktop my cursor stops working correctly after a couple of minutes and only bounces across the top of the screen Rebooting the computer completely resets the BIOS values to default and an iteration is added to Manufacturing program mode of Task manager shows no running apps Here is a list of the settings from the config txt generated by the biosconfigutility exeThese were the values in the BIOS after a successful boot even though my system is AHCI the value in config txt is IDE so these values appear to have automatically defaulted to their originals during booting After resetting the values from the command prompt and the BCU with a new config txt file the notebook reboots to Manufacturing Program Mode of then reboots again to Manufacturing Program Mode of and the boot fails because the BIOS values have been reset to defaults automatically Is this Manufacturing progam mode a part of the Protector Suite nbsp If not where else can it be stopped nbsp BIOSConfig Originally created by BIOS Configuration Utility Version Date Time UTC Found settings ManufacturerProduct NameSystem IDUniversal Unique Identifier UUID FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSystem Configuration IDProcessor TypeIntel R Core TM i CPU M SKU NumberWarranty Start DateProcessor Speed GHzSunday DisableEnableMonday DisableEnableTuesday DisableEnableWednesday DisableEnableThursday DisableEnableFriday DisableEnableSaturday DisableEnableSet Alarm TimeMemory Size MBROM Date ROM BIOS Version CCU Ver F Serial NumberVideo BIOS RevisionINTEL Keyboard Controller Version Ownership TagAsset Tracking NumberBattery Serial Number Serial Port DisableEnableBattery Serial NumberNo ... Read more

A:BIOS Post Screen displays "Manufacturing program mode 1 of 2...

The blog here should be useful- along with comments below it. Most of the info you need should be on a label probably under the battery.http://wintegrity.blogspot.com/2012/12/how-to-fix-product-information-not.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-Post-Screen-displays-quot-Manufacturing-program-mode-1/td-p/5760731
Relevancy 59.77%

ASUS M5A88-V EVO mobo
AMD FX4130 CPU
W7 Pro 64-bit
AMI BIOS

On boot-up, the AMI POST screen flashes by so fast there's no way to read it.

I have tried various BIOS Quick-Boot, Full Screen Logo, Force BIOS settings, together with mashing the keyboard's Pause/Break key. The 'del' key only takes me into the BIOS itself!

None of these work. I see the red and blue (I think?) AMI boot screen for about 1-second then it's gone followed by a normal W7 boot.

How can I read those start-up POST messages? I know this is a common problem, but has anyone ever solved it? Taking a video of the monitor screen during boot-up doesn't count as a solution!

A:Start-up BIOS/POST Screen Message(s) Too Fast to Read

Is there a newer BIOS update? Try setting to defaults after taking note of SATA settings. Then see if disabling quick boot helps. What other settings choices?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329836-start-up-bios-post-screen-message-s-too-fast-read.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Within the past week, my computer kept randomly rebooting, and eventually stopped turning on at all, so I bought a new PSU, and now it boots, but only to the POST screen, I try to press F2 to load the BIOS, but it does nothing. I also tried changing the jumper to boot into the BIOS setup, but it still stuck on the POST screen, but says "setup loading" instead of "press <F2> to enter BIOS setup" I am completely lost and have swapped out and checked the PSU, RAM, GPU and CPU. I am afraid it is a motherboard or HDD problem. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your help!

(Also, there are no beep errors, of course! >_< )

A:Computer won't load BIOS! Stuck at POST screen! I am clueless ;(

Most probably, this is a HDD issue....Try this to verify:

- Take out the HDD IDE cable
- Switch on the PC..keep hitting DEL till it takes you the BIOS Stup screen...

If you can reach the BIOS Setup, it most prolly is a HDD issue....
Jyust to verify, you may want to try booting from aCD ROM if the above works

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-load-bios-stuck-at-post-screen-i-am-clueless.28558/
Relevancy 59.77%

i boot up the computer and the bios post screen shows normal except for 4 keyboards 2 mice 2 hubs.

when i only have 1 keyboard and 1 mice connected.

what is this all about? idk what hubs is. maybe the dvd rom drive?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40238-bios-post-screen-shows-incoherent-component-info.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this so feel free to move the thread if needed I have a Gigabyte P W v running Windows and use an SSD for system and program files and an HDD for user data Last night while I was browsing the web the laptop shut off by itself almost without warning I heard the fan get louder for about half a second to a black screen This has actually happened before but it always started up fine POST it randomly. off shut Laptop by the screen. hangs on itself Now BIOS This time however Laptop shut off by itself randomly. Now it hangs on the BIOS POST screen. I was not so lucky The laptop will not boot Upon showing the BIOS splash screen the disk activity indicator light blinks a little then stops completely There's no spinner showing that Windows is loading I also cannot get into the BIOS or the boot menu by mashing F or F while the laptop starts Just a little bit of info I had the CPU Intel Core i - HQ underclocked in an attempt to lower the heat using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility I have done this since I got the laptop about a year Laptop shut off by itself randomly. Now it hangs on the BIOS POST screen. ago The laptop idles at around C and runs at most C while web browsing The laptop is still covered under the manufacturer year warranty I want to know what else I can try before sending it in

A:Laptop shut off by itself randomly. Now it hangs on the BIOS POST screen.

Frankly I hope you have backups!  IMO do not fool around send it back, there a few thing that could be the culprit.  If you get it more screwed you may have a hassle when you send it back.

Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583682/laptop-shut-off-by-itself-randomly-now-it-hangs-on-the-bios-post-screen/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey, im new here ive tryed a couple of other site but no luck so, my problem here is that like a week ago this thing popped up about opera gold its a nice ware has ended and needs to close? so i clicked dont sent then my computer shut off, ok so i turned it back on and after the bios flash screen (where it says press f2 for setup Ect.) it just goes to a black screen. I've tried starting in safe mod it just keeps getting stuck on KDCOM.DLL and just sits there. Anyone got a clue what could be the problem?

Thanks

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and have quite a big problem. So any help is welcome and appreciated.

My Satellite Pro A200 goes black after the BIOS screen and a black screen with a blinking cursor. Also just before the screen goes black a bleep can be heard which shows windows is booting.
I can access the toshiba set-up screen but not the safety mode set-up.

Kind Regards

A:Re: Satellite Pro A200 - Screen goes black after BIOS screen

Hello

You wrote that you can access the BIOS but have you checked if the HDD is recognized properly? Maybe the computer cannot boot because HDD isn?t recognized so you should check this.

If the HDD is recognized I would try a recovery installation from Toshiba recovery disk. It seems that Windows isn?t able to start and if you reinstall the whole system it should help to get rid of this. Just go in boot menu and select CD/DVD drive as boot device.

Check this!!!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63133-Re-Satellite-Pro-A200-Screen-goes-black-after-BIOS-screen
Relevancy 59.77%

I read the posting instructions but it's a little difficult for me to run that program because my computer won't actually display anything But here's what I Blue no BIOS, screen after no display Black Screen, can answer OS - Win bit Original OS - Vista Home Premium October OS is retail upgrade Hard Drive has been in use since October everything else is less than hours old I haven't reinstalled the OS CPU - Intel Core i k Videocard - BFG nVidia GeFroce GTX GB MoBo - ASUS P H -M PSU - Corsair GS W A on v if that's relevant Corsair GB DDR Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display MHz RAM x GB Don't know about system manufacturer they're different parts The Case is by NZXT and the TB HDD is by Seagate This is going to be a bit of a long read so I'll start off by giving the short version of all this Here's the short version I built this PC yesterday and it was working but couldn't 't display the native x resolution I got quot Out of Range quot error Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display on my monitor when I tried to change it to any other resolution I installed an nVidia control program and made a custom resolution of x About half an hour later I got a blue screen Now when I start it up I just get a black screen no error messages just a black screen It isn't just my own monitor I've tried it with another fully functioning one too And more detail here It was all working alright when I first set it up but I couldn't get native resolution for my LG W monitor x which displayed the resolution just fine on my old PC with no dedicated GPU When I changed the resolution through the Windows resolution change interface tool it wouldn't give me the option of going over x something else I can't remember I tried to change the refresh rate but I got the same error when I tried to increase the resolution as when I tried to change the refresh rate quot Out of Range quot and then it said a frequency in kHz and Hz I downloaded the nVidia control panel and made a custom resolution x and it was all fine after that However the first problem I noticed was I could not run the game Civilization V because upon starting the game up I got the same quot Out of Range quot error message from my monitor I even tried to change the compatibility so that I could let it run at the lower resolution x or something like that but I got the same error message That was pretty much the only problem although I'm sure I would have encountered similar problems if I tried to play similar games I was using the computer for about half an hour and whilst I was on facebook I just got a blue screen It stayed there for a couple seconds then I turned it off from the main socket When I started it up again I just got a black screen I didn't even get a BIOS display I've been trying it all morning and it still hasn't been working Also after I've turned it on from the main socket upon startup it starts up then shuts down then starts up again then down and finally stays on after a couple moments of this Still displaying nothing on the monitor though and I get no quot Out of Range quot error message just a black screen I have no idea what it may be I have tried erasing the CMOS thing by moving the jumper position on the motherboard and removing and reinstalling the battery but that hasn't seemed to have worked I don't know what else to do Thanks a lot in advance I know it's a long read

A:Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Does the system display the Asus splash screen before going to the black screen?

Have you checked to see if the video card has power (the extra power plugs in most cards these days)? Have you checked to make sure the fan is working, and that the video cooler isn't clogged up?

Have you tried another video card? I'd suspect that the video card or it's drivers are your issue. If the system boots into Safe Mode, then I'd suspect the drivers, if it doesn't boot into Safe Mode (so you can see the display) - then I'd have to assume that it's the video card.

See if you can return the video card. If not, then see if you can borrow one from another computer - or buy one that you can return if it's not needed.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-after-blue-screen-no-bios-no-display-594237.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi CPU Intel Core QUAD Motherboard AsRock x TurboTwins Ram DDR x GB GHz brand Hynix GPU ATI HD PSU Corsair W OS Windows Custom previous screen black in screen after goes blue The (even BIOS) build I installed Civilization and directX as well because I was asked to The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) during the installation After few minutes of being in the game a blue screen popped up I do not know what message was on there I restarted the computer and system recommended to run the fix mode I launched it and after a while I was advised to bring the settings back to the restore point I acknowledged this but then all I saw was a black screen Since then after The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) each restart the screen goes black If I manage to go to BIOS after - seconds the screen goes black I cannot even reinstall Windows Those - seconds in BIOS are The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) enough to check the temperatures on CPU and MB they are around degrees Celsius so overheating is not the problem I connected the monitor with my laptop and it works so monitor is fine There are no loose connections There is no dust and debris - this system is months old Problem might be in the graphics card Several weeks ago the screen used to go grey after playing Fallout for - minutes I disabled the audio on the card and that solved the problem However Windows still indicated that there is something wrong with the GPU on the other hand drivers were up-to-date Can anyone help please Or let me know what you think might be wrong Thanks nbsp

A:The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS)

Since you are having a graphics issue in both the BIOS startup screen and while Windows is open, it does sound like a graphics card problem and not a driver problem. Do you have another graphics card to substitute for test purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-screen-goes-black-after-previous-blue-screen-even-in-bios.158751/
Relevancy 59.77%

I download bios my elitebook 2570p which running windows 10 64bit on this link http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5284308&swItemId=ob_166366_1&swEnvOid=419...I run the installer, follow the wizzard guide, until the reboot button appeared. after i press the button, the notebook reboot but screen not lit up, just the keyboard leds were lit up.I pressed win + b button but with no luck, caps lock blinking, sometimes numlock also blinking.then i hard reset by removing battery and press the power button for 15 seconds, it become worse because when i plugin the charger, no sign of light charging.  Any help would be appreciated? Thank you very much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Screen-black-screen-not-lit-up-after-latest-bios-update-of-F/td-p/5726688
Relevancy 59.77%

I'll give anyone who reads this as much info as possible I have a desktop build that contains these parts ASRock gt N -S UCC Rocketfish gb hdd shows up as about gb Comp making Cd drive (black not will noise. screen NO start POST) odd gb Comp will not start (black screen NO POST) Cd drive making odd noise. ddr ram motherboard only supports Comp will not start (black screen NO POST) Cd drive making odd noise. ddr Amd Phenom II GHZ dual core cpu some sort of forward slot that has one usb port with media card slots sd card micro sd smart card ect a dvd aka cd drive by sony nvidia gt silent model with a HUGE heatsink watt psu Here's the deal The sound was not working I would plug in headphones speakers and no joy from any ports NO sound what so ever So I opened it up and there is absolutely no reason why it would not be working except there is no cable for quot hd audio quot and that there's no cables on usb power and some random quot fan quot all on the motherboard I also found these weird connectors as if a cable had been stripped from the cable connector This is an older computer I don't know its full history but it was very weird So I tried resetting the cables Powered it back on and no joy The video was gone Acer model quot reports that there is no signal and then goes to an amber light on the power light I'm afraid I have killed my motherboard I took it out of the casing did the bread setup and tried it with different ram and a brand new watt PSU No joy again Tried clearing the CMOS looked for obvious motherboard damage found none all parts in good condition except for one thing during my testing a cord started to SMOKE IT SMOKED HEAVILY I turned off the power and it was hot to the touch BURNING to the touch Wtf That is why I tried a new PSU IS there anything that can be done to revive my poor poor dead desktop Anything at all I will never open up the insides of the computer again of any computer ever again But please anyone help me fix this desktop if it is even possible ps upon booting the cd drive would make a weird noise every now and then As if it was trying to read a disk when there was no disk inside of the tray to begin with I think the problem was that I shut the power off during the time it was booting by flipping the switch in the back Have I shorted the MB When I flipped the switch the video WAS there After that it was gone

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
I have a toshiba laptop that goes black after bios starts up.
While I was out on vacation, my little brother formated the laptop with vista-64, although it was originally vista-32. after the format, the computer was running fine but after the restart the screen goes black right after bios screen.
i took out the hard drive and reformated it with xp disc i have.
then i plugged the hard drive back to the original laptop but the result was same. i tried to go into the bios but i cant even go into the setup nor change the boot sequence to the cd.
someone help me please~

A:Screen goes Black after Bios

anyone have any ideas? T.T

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-black-after-bios.740415/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey,

So long story short I bought a new GPU (gtx 970) after putting that into my machine and installing drivers my BIOS screen was taming like 40 secs to get past then PC would run fine (I also wasn't able to access to BIOS no keys would work). I did nothing about it untill seeing a post about taking the CMOS battery out for 2mins then putting it back in. Now my PC just shows the BIOS screen which I still can't enter then comes up with a black screen. The monitor is still on but screen just black.

I have tried everything I can think of, moving ram slots, taking out hdds moving GPU to another location but nothing changes. The mobo doesn't have onboard graphics so I can't try without the gpu.

Any ideas what this could be?

My mobo is the gigabyte x79 up4

A:Black screen after bios

Have you tried the old GPU?

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest posting over in the Internal Hardware forums where the experts hang out:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606199/black-screen-after-bios/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey,

So long story short I bought a new GPU (gtx 970) after putting that into my machine and installing drivers my BIOS screen was taming like 40 secs to get past then PC would run fine (I also wasn't able to access to BIOS no keys would work). I did nothing about it untill seeing a post about taking the CMOS battery out for 2mins then putting it back in. Now my PC just shows the BIOS screen which I still can't enter then comes up with a black screen. The monitor is still on but screen just black.

I have tried everything I can think of, moving ram slots, taking out hdds moving GPU to another location but nothing changes. The mobo doesn't have onboard graphics so I can't try without the gpu.

OS is windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-bios.1166706/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey,

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128785-black-screen-after-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Computer has power (light on) drives are working, fan is working, but all I get is a black screen and it never goes to the bios screen...just black. What could be wrong and how can I fix this?

A:Black screen and no bios

What is the make and model of your computer?
Any additional details will help.

Do you hear any beeps when the computer is turned on?
Make sure everything is connected properly.
Has anything changed? When was that last time you were able to use your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/20905/black-screen-and-no-bios/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I just installed winxp pro over win98se on my old pent II 450 pc. It seemed to be running fine, no install errors, etc. Now when I rebooted it comes up to a black screen with nothing on it but a line at the top saying Bios ver 3.5 Does this mean I have to upgrade my bios??? is it a driver issue? I can't even access safe mode, help!

A:Black screen with bios ver 3.5??!!!

Sounds like you are hanging at the Bios loading point with the new OS.

Check with the mother board manufacture to see if your Bios is up to date and compatable with Xp Pro. If not, you might want to update the Bios and see if you can at least boot into safe command prompt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-bios-ver-3-5.596073/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I m having some video card trouble here s the story I was installing the latest Catalyst Black BIOS after screen drivers for my Black screen after BIOS pro a few weeks ago I did the regular process that you re supposed to do but something went wrong in the installation So I decided to restart and try to install it again I did that but it still didn t work so I thought I should try to install the old Catalyst s so I uninstalled what I had of the newly installed drivers I restarted and after the BIOS Windows booting screen came on with the blue loading bar but the Windows start screen did not show up I had a few friends come over and try to help me fix it but there wasn t any luck Thankfully I had an old nVIDIA card lying around and I put that in and it worked fine Now today I got a new graphics card to replace the X Pro and I still have that ATi problem I tried removing everything ATi related in my computer I used the ATi uninstall program Driver Cleaner RegSupreme manually deleting ATi folders I tried deleting some atisomething something files in system but new ones just went back in there I tried all the F options Safe Mode freezes after a few seconds VGA mode doesn t work etc Now I m stumped http www techspot com vb showthread php t amp highlight black screen This guy has the exact same problem as me What I think I can do is just buy an nVIDIA card and not mess with it ever again but I d like to fix it Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

A:Black screen after BIOS

can your PSU handle the ATi card?
second, ATI drivers are known to be buggy. You may have to try a version that works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-bios.58842/
Relevancy 58.91%

I just installed my new SSD and installed windows 7 to it.Everything was working fine until I reconnected my hdd,now every time I start my pc I get a black screen with a flashing _ on it for about a minute then it boots to windows.How do I fix this?

A:Black Screen after BIOS

Try another SATA port.

Check the BIOS boot order to set SSD first, HDD second. If you need to boot a disk or stick use the BIOS Boot menu key at boot.

Did the HD have an OS at one point? It may have boot code remaining that needs to be wiped with Diskpart Clean Command after moving the data off.

Let us see a maximized Disk Mgmt screenshot showing drive map and listings with all drives attached. Use Snipping Tool in Start Menu, attach file using Paper Clip in Reply Box. Tell us what's on each drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/274579-black-screen-after-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have Vista Ulimate 64-bit and everytime that I reboot I get a black screen before the Microsoft Windows scrolling bar.

This is the sequence.
- I reboot.
- I get my bios information screen.
- I get the white, blinking line in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then the screen goes black with no hard drive activity.

I then can perform a Complete PC restore from my second partition on the same SATA Hard Drive and I will then be able to boot into Vista with no problem.....until I reboot, then I get the Black screen again. It is a vicious cycle.

I have tried to remove video cards (2 x 8800 GTS), memory (4 GB), sound cards (X-Fi Music), load the default bios settings....nothing works. Only a Complete PC Restore cures it, but only until I need to reboot the PC.

Any help would be welcome.

A:Black screen right after bios.

Just a guess here, but to me it sounds like a boot loader or boot device order issue. How long have you left it on the blinking cursor before giving up?

As well I'm assuming if you have your Vista DVD in the drive it boots up fine?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/162156-black-screen-right-after-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

This has happened now four in the last few days Both times my WIFI connection to Bios black screen totally drops and nothing I do can fix it in Windows So I do a restart to see if that resolves it I get the Dell BIOS screen straight to a black screen The cursor in the upper left flashes ever so briefly you almost miss it Right to black I used my xp cd Bios to black screen to do get into the recovery console a chkdsk says quot no errors Bios to black screen quot but when I force it to do a full scan it say it found one or more problems and when I reboot it works what could this be This all started happening after I got a couple blue screen errors about memory errors when I restarted from them it said a window has recovered from a fatal error The program that caused the blue errors was a exe that is not installed on my pc just a click to run type thing This is my work PC and I can t be down thank you for help in advance it is really really appreciated

A:Bios to black screen

<<...after I got a couple blue screen errors about memory errors,>>

It would help to know exact wording for each error message received.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216333/bios-to-black-screen/
Relevancy 58.91%

I was using my PC doing everyday stuff, when out of nowhere my screen just went black, my music was still playing, but my screen was black. Upon restarting my computer manually it black screened yet again, this time right after showing me my RAM amount (just before the BIOS). I took apart the tower and proceeded checking if my graphics card maybe overheated, let it cool down for about 2 hours, put it back together and still had the same problem. I've tried spamming the F8 button right before the bios, but all I get is a black screen.
Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

A:black screen for BIOS

Same post as Black screen before BIOS startup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344670-black-screen-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

After the BIOS screen on my laptop, the screen just goes black for a good minute. Any causes of this, it usually starts in 32 seconds, but now it takes a decade.

A:Black Screen After BIOS

Go to your BIOS and make sure "quick boot" (or similar) is enabled or just try resetting to the default values.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/286281-black-screen-after-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a samsung laptop I turn it on and I can see the bios screen After that the screen just goes black and stays that way and doesn t Screen Black BIOS After boot I am able to get into BIOS and I can see all bootable options I am not able to get into recovery settings or the advanced boot menu I burned my Windows iso to my flash drive and plugged it into the computer I tried automatic repair with it and that didn t fix it I tried doing a system restore but it failed saying quot System Restore failed while copying the registry from the restore point The registry in the restore point was damaged and could not be restored quot The computer was working during that restore point that I will try another one though It appears that something is corrupt within Windows but I m not sure exactly what I Black Screen After BIOS can issue the command in command line since I can boot to my flash drive but I m not sure what files Black Screen After BIOS I need to fix or if I m correct Any advice would be helpful Thanks nbsp

A:Black Screen After BIOS

reset the cmos and see if you then have access to the bios settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-bios.1113153/
Relevancy 58.91%

AS the title says, I recently had a system restore last night after my windows 7 refuse to load. Having done so, it told me to click OK after the system restore to restart my laptop.

I complied and after the BIOS screen load, all i get was a black screen with this _ symbol and thats as far as it goes. Its like looking at a black picture with the symbol only. Anyone got any idea to solve this problem of mine please?

Specs:
Acer Aspire 4745G
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium

A:Black screen after BIOS load screen

If you have any USB devices other than keyboard and mouse, disconnect them, and do a hard shutdown by pressing the power switch down until your computer switches off.

Wait half a minute or so and try booting up again.

If that doesn't work, are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Failing that you could try a repair install.

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195902-black-screen-after-bios-load-screen.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm clueless and on my iPod. Why? Today I was playing Crossfire (a FPS game) and suddenly the screen froze and pressing alt + tab or alt+ctrl+delete did not change anything. As a last resort I pressed the restate button. It loaded as usual and before the log in screen arrived the whole screen went black and I couldn't do anything. I've tried restarting and waiting for a long time now. I try f8 to enter safe node but it takes me to a blue menu with nothing but 2 booting options. I don't have any CD for my xp and My computer has no cd slot but it does have a floppy disc spot.

Any help? I'm totally stumped and wondering if I need to buy a new PC...

Srry for any mistakes I'm kinda rushing to post this.

Relevancy 58.05%

I have Bios after Screen Load Black a Dell XPS M running Windows XP I went to reboot the laptop today and while the initial Black Screen after Bios Load Bios i think it's called that loaded up the screen never got to the Windows loading page It is just a black Black Screen after Bios Load screen with no mouse Cntrl alt Black Screen after Bios Load delete doesn't work I can't get into safe mode it's just all black I haven't downloaded anything new in the past weeks this just happened out of nowhere I tried doing a recovery console I was able to boot up from my xp CD and when I hit R and started to copy files the process was stopped on a few occasions stating Setup cannot copy file mountmgr sys modem sys ulib dll syssetup dll amdk sys mf sys tcpmonui dll tunmp sys update sys agpcpq sys almin sys amdagp sys Each one was found at a different completion of the recovery process I also did a Bios diagnostic check and the memory and hardware seemed to be fine

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-bios-load-409839.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I updated BIOS on the above laptop about 10 days ago and since then just have a blank screen. Power light is on but thats all. No other flashing lights. The laptop will not turn on???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Black-screen-after-BIOS-update/td-p/5786671
Relevancy 58.05%

HI, just moments ago after during a clean installs of windows, I updated my bios and flashed. It rebooted and now there is a black screen and the scroll and caps lock has a light that blink once per interval.

I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv5-1100

Any Ideas or help to fix this issue?

A:Flashed Bios now Black Screen

Here's what those blinking lights mean: Blank Screen LED Error Codes | HP? Support From what I've read on there, if you haven't formatted the hard drive, boot your PC up and press and hold all four arrow keys. &quot;If a BIOS authentication failure occurs, the computer automatically performs a BIOS recovery. If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery. To manually perform a BIOS recovery, press all four arrow keys at the same time to cause the BIOS to go to the EFI partition to find and recover the current BIOS.&quot;

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/327628-flashed-bios-now-black-screen.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I m using after Chkdsk After =/ Screen a Black Bios a notebook and I just hibernate my computer so I decided to finally give it a restart The restart when fine Black Screen After Bios after a Chkdsk =/ I saw the boot screen it was booting I could of aborted the chkdsk but I decided to let it run After it ran the computer restarted and the computer hangs after the bios screen F -- gt Safe Mode Last known good config and all those nice things didn t work I even booted into recovery mode tried chkdsk p fixboot fixmbr none of that worked Anyways right now I booted into the XP CD clicked enter clicked REPAIR and it s just reinstalling over I guess I ve never clicked repair before so I don t know how this is going to work If I have to redo all my configs I might as well do a clean format Originally if worse came to worse I was going to boot linux and just grab all the files I needed out and do a clean format Right now it s reinstalling and hopefully I ll be able to boot after it s done nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I am having an unusual problem with Desktop PC Sometimes when I boot the computer it will show the Gigabyte splash and then go black the moment it switches to what would have been the quot starting windows quot screen I am positive that it after BIOS screen Splash Black is not Black screen after BIOS Splash the monitor because I never hear the Black screen after BIOS Splash windows login sounds or music When this happens the only way I am able to fix it temporarily is by re-slotting the memory sticks in the motherboard I did this on a suggestion that it may be a bad stick but based on my experience of switching them out and using them separately this doesn't appear to be the case Any suggestions on how to proceed Thank you for looking Desktop Windows Enterprise GIGABYTE GA- A-UD P AM AMD SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard AMD FD FRHKBOX FX- FX-Series -Core Black Edition MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX OC GB GDDR DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card N TF GD OC Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR MHz PC Desktop Memory CML GX M A C

A:Black screen after BIOS Splash

I have had similar issues, but sometimes it can be a combination of issues rather than just one.

First I suggest you reset your BIOS, then configure as you need it. Then disconnect all SATA connections except your boot device. Also and even more importantly disconnect ALL your USB connections, including mouse and keyboard.

Boot... see what happens. Boot a few times to make sure you have a consistent response.

All well? try reconnecting SATA devices one at a time booting after each addition. All not well, determine the SATA device causing the problem. Try it on a different SATA port to determine if the port on mother board is the problem.

Repeat with USB devices.

lf on the other hand after removing USB and SATA devices you still get this problem, run memtest. post results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-bios-splash-1157346.html