Windows Support Forum

Button to enable wireless on laptop (disable help)

Q: Button to enable wireless on laptop (disable help)

Hi. everytime i start up my laptop i have to push this button to start my wireless internet. My wireless network is managed by xp, but a signal will not be detected untill i press that button. I want the wireless to connect automaticaly upon bootup. It does connect automaticaly once i press that button now. Any suggestions?

The integrated wireless nic is made by Ralink Tech.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Button to enable wireless on laptop (disable help)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Button to enable wireless on laptop (disable help)

You'll probably find all that in the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/button-to-enable-wireless-on-laptop-disable-help.39145/
Relevancy 84.71%

Port?g? R700-184
Part Number : PT311E-02Y01JEN

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to toggle wireless on/off using an external keyboard for the R700 whilst it is on it's docking station?

We only seem to be able to toggle wireless using the built in keyboard (Fn + F8) key.

Also, is there anyway that wireless can be set to off as default at boot up? Is this something that can be done through the BIOS or perhaps by tweaking a registry key?

Grateful for any assistance.

:-)

A:Enable/disable wireless whilst Laptop is docked (External Keyboard)

may seem like a silly question, but why can't you simply use the laptops keyboard????? or is it just a niggly type issue that you'd rather use external one?

unfortunatley the R700 doesnt have a hardware switch for the wireless so its purely mapped to the Fn key which is a toshiba function, so an external k/b is unlikely to be able to replicate it

you can always disable the wireless through W7 network and sharing centre -> change adaptor settings, so few clicks with the mouse or even shortcut it to taskbar/start menu for easy access.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62358-Enable-disable-wireless-whilst-Laptop-is-docked-(External-Keyboard)
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all

The hard drive failed in the R840 recently so I have replaced it myself with a solid state drive.

It has all gone well except the Windows install has left me to find the drivers myself. Does anyone know where to find the touch pad driver that allows you switch it on and off (using the button under the space bar)?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mv123

A:Tecra R840 touchpad enable / disable button driver?

All Toshiba drivers can be found on the Toshiba EU driver page.
I assume the button near the touchpad is controlled by Toshiba Value Added Package as well as the touchpad driver.

Both software parts are available on driver website.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81121-Tecra-R840-touchpad-enable-disable-button-driver
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I am having this problem, the wireless radio enable button is grey out, device is recognise in device manager as well as in the Intel Proset application but somehow the Radio enable button is grey out and I have try the H/W switch ON and OFF many times it don't seen to help, it was working just before i did a system repair when windows crashed. Any help will be greatly appcreciated.

A:Wireless Radio Disable and I cannot enable

The notebook is a ACER TravelMate 290 i just found out the hardware radio switch is faulty. Anyone know if I can short the thing to get it turn on? without replacing the switch?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-radio-disable-and-i-cannot-enable.771778/
Relevancy 72.67%

HI I use Mobile Wireless for my internet connection to my desktop Mobile wireless Enable Disable I use the Three Huawei E which although a wireless device i connect to Mobile wireless Disable Enable the desktop using the provided usb lead I am running Vista The internet stops working all the time although the device itself on its screen or via the web interface still indicates that i have a good signal strength and that i m still connected I have discovered that if i START SETTINGS NETWORK CONNECTIONS i can see the device listed If i right click on the device i can see that the device is enabled If I Disable the device and then Enable the device i can surf again for a couple of minutes before having to repeat the process Any ideas why this is happening and why what i do solves the problem for a bit And crucially how to fix it I am sure the issue is with the desktop as i have reverted to using the wifes v old laptop running XP and i can surf without complication on this machine Can also connect ipod touch to internet with no issues nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobile-wireless-disable-enable.994755/
Relevancy 72.67%

hi my fellow internet frds since i while ago my laptop's wireless been behaving really weird the wireless driver will suddenly disable and gone from the network list going into Device manager it says quot this Driver itself Disable Enable & Wireless driver is not installed quot or sth like that cant exactly rmb what it said and sometimes the wireless bars in the bottom will show a yellow quot quot with no connectivity with showing only the network i connected to if i repair it the driver will be gone almost have to repair like X times to get it come back on or i think i came back on itself or sometimes just no network quot no connections are available quot st thought was virus but did full scan no virus just did a Full Format and reinstall window and st thing i've installed the wireless driver still happaning im starting to Wireless Driver Enable & Disable itself guess is hardware problem did kinda drop my laptop a while back maybe something is loose inside which causing this HELP really really pissing me off gonna buy a mac ps quot Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer quot

A:Wireless Driver Enable & Disable itself

Hi.

This is the website of your laptop,

Sony eSupport - VGN-Z555DN - Support
Scroll down to the WIRELESS LAN ,is the last one in the list,there find download and install the Intel? Wireless Driver Update to "fix" any compatibility issues with Windows 7.
Then if needed install\update the wireless driver from that list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215492-wireless-driver-enable-disable-itself.html
Relevancy 72.67%

IBM ThinkPad R51 Type 2883 -- Is there a way to enable/disable the wireless adapter? This built-in wireless adapter will not light up and I can't find anything on it.

Relevancy 71.81%

In OS X, it's very easy to turn on/off the wifi. You just click on the signal icon.

In Windows 7, I have to go to the tray, right click on the network icon, enable and disable adapter and also go through the annoying UAC popup. It's like 12 steps. Is there any shortcut or method to get it down to a couple of steps?

A:Is there a 1-click to enable/disable the wireless adapter?

Wireless Connection Workaround for Standby or Hibernation

Check this tutorial out and see if this is what you are looking for!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99343-there-1-click-enable-disable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Lenovo desktop with Windows The past couple weeks or so I have started having issues with the wireless internet where the signal will flash an exclamation point stating that the network is quot limited quot This may happen once every couple hours or more than once per minute If I go to the network adapter and disable it and then immediately enable it again the internet works fine Running the Troubleshooting program on the wireless results in a message saying that the default pathway was not available and that it reset my Wifi adapter I was assuming that the problem would be with the computer since resetting the desktop s adapter fixes the problem and I don t have to touch the router However I ve also noticed that both my iPad and smartphone which also bounce off that same router are having issues with wireless connectivity And for both the fix is the same as for the computer I just shut the to and Disable/Enable adapter Wireless Losing Signal Having Wifi off and switch it back on and it works afterward So then I started thinking the problem would be with the router except that the three devices do not always lose connectivity at the same time The computer loses it the most often followed by the phone and then the iPad Sometimes I have lost connectivity simultaneously on two or all of the devices at once but the most common problem is that only the computer loses it while the iPad and phone are still able to connect Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this issue Would it be possible to Losing Wireless Signal and Having to Disable/Enable adapter have a faulty router that affects some but not all of the devices using its signal And if it was the router how does resetting the Wifi on the devices themselves resolve the issue if only temporarily Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Losing Wireless Signal and Having to Disable/Enable adapter

If I go to the network adapter and disable it and then immediately enable it again, the internet works fine.Click to expand...

how long for - until next reboot of the PC ? or for days ?
However, I've also noticed that both my iPad and smartphone, which also bounce off that same router, are having issues with wireless connectivity. And for both, the fix is the same as for the computer. I just shut the Wifi off and switch it back on, and it works afterward.Click to expand...

then its a router/modem cable ISP issue maybe

lets start by noting the lights on the router/modem
Please make a note of the status of the lights on the modem and on the router when working normally - post that light status here.
Now when the internet disconnects make a note of the status of the lights for the modem and router here again. also note which have changed.

next , lets see an xirrus screen shot from the desktop

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-ta... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-wireless-signal-and-having-to-disable-enable-adapter.1131854/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all I'm specific LAN user/enable wireless only Disable for connection setting up a computer for public access to a local site repository There are two accounts admin account running a virtual machine as server for the local site I need access to LAN through wired ethernet in this account Disable LAN connection for specific user/enable wireless only public account the account for the users to navigate the repository I need to disable the LAN access and just enable internet access through the public wireless interface I thought I could just disable ethernet card for the public account on the Group policies but I Disable LAN connection for specific user/enable wireless only didn't find out the way to do it I've created a group policy for the public account but under quot user configuration - gt administrative templates - gt network - gt network connections quot I only see options for enable disable LAN properties settings etc and not LAN access itself --- gt Is it possible to disbable hardware for specifc users In that case I could just disable the wired card driver for public user Thanks in advance

A:Disable LAN connection for specific user/enable wireless only

Ok, I go again (trying to do my best in english!) :

-There are two interfaces in the network:
a- LAN-> access through wired connection. Only for enabled MACs on the router
b- Public access to internet -> through wireless connection. For everyone.

-I cannot use router rules (for instance blocking MAC address, time settings, etc.) as far as I need both connections enabled at the same time, any time: wired for admin account and wireless for standard user account. Both users could use the computer at any time.

-I know I can set up preferred connections, but what I actually want is to prevent any way for the standard user to get connected to the LAN.

-On Group policies I've already disabled access to network settings and IE options for the standard user.

I appreciate any help (and really need it). Thanks!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371101-disable-lan-connection-specific-user-enable-wireless-only.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Bless as I do not even know if this is possible but any help would be apreciated:

I noticed that my PS3 plays games allot better online when my PC's wireless adapter is disabled and it cannot connect to the network.

However my PC is always on and it a task to do this every time I want to play online and then re enable once I'm done playing to resume my PC's downloads.

If I can create a desktop short cut to disable/enable wireless adapter, and link it to a hotkey on my keyboard my life would be almost hassle free.

any form of command line (i think) or .exe or shortcut or anything would help.

Much thanks
tim

A:possibility of a wireless adapter enable/disable via a desktop shortcut

Go to start/control panel/network connections.
Right click the wireless connection and click
create shortcut.
It may say cannot create shortcut here,do you want to
place it on the desktop.
Click yes.
If it doesn't say that,drag the shortcut to the desktop.
Then,when you want to disable it,right click the shortcut
and click disable.
Same to reenable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possibility-of-a-wireless-adapter-enable-disable-via-a-desktop-shortcut.811990/
Relevancy 70.09%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi, We have a large numbe of HP ProBook 430 G3's  in use with students, and have an issue where if the wireless/wifi button is pressed (it's next to the mute button,  so easy to press) then Windows 7 disables the wireless adapter and even after pressing the button again the wifi doesn't want to enable again. Because all the laptops login via a domain controller, once wireless is off the laptop can't be used until an administrator logs into it and enables wireless again. This is very disruptinve to a class! Other than a piece of gaffa tape, can anybody suggest a way I might be able to disable the harware Wireless/wifi button so students can't accidentially turn the wifi off? Thanks    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Disable-wireless-button-on-Probook-430-G3/td-p/5739762
Relevancy 65.79%

I have an HP Pavillion DM4 laptop running Windows 7. The touchpad buttons make an annoying click sound. How do I disable that sound? Thank you.

A:How to disable touchpad button click sound on DM4 laptop

Where is sound exactly coming from? Is it from cursor movement area(where you move mouse cursor) or from left/right click buttons?  Also Could you please post complete product/model number of your Notebook? You can use link below to find this infohttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/How-to-disable-touchpad-button-click-sound-on-DM4-laptop/td-p/866015
Relevancy 62.78%

HELP!!!! I have an HP 2000 laptop and all of a sudden the wireless function will not work. no matter what I do the button stays orange. I do not have Wireless Assistant installed on this computer. I tried to download it from another computer and install to mine, but it stated that the version was not accepted. I have only had this computer 6 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:wireless will not enable on HP 2000 laptop

Hi You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine. 4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit. 6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well. If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-will-not-enable-on-HP-2000-laptop/td-p/1615339
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a HP Pavillian laptop that has built in wireless capability. A month ago, I installed a Verizon wireless pc card (slide-in) and the software, so that I could go online when away from home. I decided I didn't like the service so I cancelled it and uninstalled the VZ software. Now I can't receive a wireless signal at the library. It will not allow me to enable the WLAN assistant so any signals nearby are not seen.

What should I do?

Relevancy 62.78%

It doesn't work
And it says it has been disabled from the device manager
Plz help !

Relevancy 61.92%

i dont knw how to switch on the wirelss on my Envy

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How do I enable (turn on) wireless on my Envy laptop?

Check the Lights on the F12 key if it is amber that means your wirelss is not on ..try to push the F12 Once it will turn Blue and thn try access the internetthat might help youGood Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-I-enable-turn-on-wireless-on-my-Envy-laptop/td-p/858735
Relevancy 61.49%

My Wireless just quit working.  The button is orange and I can't press the button to make it blue(turn it on). It's as if the wireless adapter just quit.  I found a search back in 2009 that it was a known issue but that was other laptops. That issue made reference to BIOS.  Mine is:BIOS Version/Date           Hewlett-Packard F.52, 8/26/2009 Any other things I can test/check?

A:HP Laptop Wireless Adapter will not enable anymore Pressing...

@Scooter2368? System Driver Support Page:HP G60-530US Notebook PC The wireless button only works to engage Wireless when there is a functional Wireless network setup in place. From the How-to Section: Setting Up a New Connection to a Wireless Local Area Network (Windows 7) Creating a Wireless Home Network (Windows 7) You may need to reinstall your Wireless Driver: Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Open network to find which type of Wireless driver is needed for your system. From the Troubleshooting Section for your notebook:  Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network (Windows 7) Wireless Network Connection Fails When Notebook is Switched to Battery Power When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wireless-Adapter-will-not-enable-anymore-Pressing/td-p/5697638
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I am using an E-systems 4 series laptop with xp. Everytime i want to connect to the internet, i have to turn on the wireless by pressing FN and F8 so the wireless icon appears. I dont want to have to switch it on everytime i want to use the internet and want it to automatically be on as soon as i start up the laptop. Any idea please, this is really bugging me!!

Thanks guys

Jess

A:Wireless button on laptop not automatically on?!

There should be a software for your computer that controls the wireless. My guess is that there is going to be a setting in the software than allows you to change the wireless "radio" <-- key word there to default to "on".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-button-on-laptop-not-automatically-on-455447.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I want to disable Wireless on my Laptop completely

I have a Laptop which I dont want people using the internet on. So I need to disable the Wireless completely so there is no way of enabling it again without me using it.

I know I can just uninstall the wireless drivers, but is there a better way?

For example, when I am not on the laptop the Wireless is completely disabled and cannot be enable in ANYWAY....while I am on the computer I have the option to enable it.

Is there anything like that?

A:I want to disable Wireless on my Laptop completely

You could disable it in the BIOS, and set a supervisor password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/58243-i-want-disable-wireless-my-laptop-completely.html
Relevancy 59.34%

basically my laptop works fine until i turn on the wireless button then it shuts down onto a blue window. help?

A:pressing wireless button crashes laptop

First stop would be to reload the wireless drivers, it appears they may have become corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pressing-wireless-button-crashes-laptop.873071/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all!

I am requesting help! My knowledge is run out, I can't think of any other solution for my problem. I hope someone can help me.

My problem is that I installed windows 7 ultimate 32x to a old vista laptop. Windows 7 runs really nice and smooth on it. But the wireless function on the laptop and the icon in the right corner is not working. Ethernet is working perfect.

I read somewhere on this site with a case similar, where I look up the name of the driver via device manager and then download it. But it did not work (see picture).

Any ideas? I have Sp1 installed and tried to update everything via windows update. I can't find the motherboards name to update it.

Any help? I am really grateful!
Thanks

A:Cannot get wireless network to work on laptop (not even button)

Have you checked on the NoteBook OEM manufacturer's web site for Windows 7 drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298477-cannot-get-wireless-network-work-laptop-not-even-button.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Exactly what the title asks..

Nothing in mouse properties.
Nothing in device manager.

What am i missing? How does one disable the mousepad?!

A:how to: disable mousepad on win8? no 'disable' button

That is not a Windows function so you cannot disable it in Windows without disabling the entire driver, which is not a good idea. Sadly you failed to tell us anything about your computer. Assuming a notebook, you need to look at your key labels or in your manual to see how to disable the pad. It typically is a Function key combination. On my Toshiba, Fn + F9 will disable/enable the touchpad.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71149-how-disable-mousepad-win8-no-disable-button.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

My first post. If this is the wrong subforum, then please redirect me.

My laptop has a slider key/button on the front that turns the Wireless capabilities on or off. Somehow, it got switched off, and sliding it won't turn it on. I'm left with a computer that cannot connect to the net.

Is there any way to turn on the wireless capability internally? 

If you need more info about the laptop or anything else, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

A:HP Laptop has wireless slider button that won't do its job. Internal options?

Hi,

Please post the brand and model of the laptop.

In many machines the button for the wireless isn't an actual "switch" it only sends a signal intercepted by some software installed if the software is missing or not working the switch will fail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537527/hp-laptop-has-wireless-slider-button-that-wont-do-its-job-internal-options/
Relevancy 58.05%

This HP Laptop has not been booting properly After some investigation I came up across the LED blink beep problem codes and was hoping to utilize that page nbsp The problem is on my laptop the Caps Lock LED dv7-4177nr Blinking, Caps Lock Laptop HP Wireless Button Sol... light constantly flashes and does not stop unlike on the problem code page where it says it should stop to give me an idea of what the problem is nbsp Additionally the LED light on the Wireless nbsp key HP Laptop dv7-4177nr Caps Lock Blinking, Wireless Button Sol... is a solid red color After multiple attempts I cannot find anything about an infinite caps lock blinking and a solid red light nbsp I've attempted the hard reset where I take out the battery and the AC Adapter and hold the power button down HP Laptop dv7-4177nr Caps Lock Blinking, Wireless Button Sol... for HP Laptop dv7-4177nr Caps Lock Blinking, Wireless Button Sol... an extended period of time I've also reseated the RAM sticks I've also even taken out the CMOS battery and replaced that nbsp nbsp If possible could it just be a failure system board motheboard I've been told that if I take out the RAM and try powering on the device the device should beep at me since it doesn't recognize any RAM but in my case it doesn't beep nbsp Any other ideas Solved View Solution

A:HP Laptop dv7-4177nr Caps Lock Blinking, Wireless Button Sol...

Hello @ToeKnee616, Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand that your HP Pavilion dv7-4177nr is not booting properly and that you have tried various troubleshooting steps to resolve it. It looks like you were following the correct document to troubleshoot. Based on the consistent blinking, it is most likely a single blink indicating CPU failure. HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code The Maintenance and Service Guide will have more information about the type of system board your computer has. HP Pavilion dv7 Entertainment PC Maintenance and Service Guide Thank you, I hope this information has helped. If this post has helped you, show your appreciation by selecting the thumbs up!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Laptop-dv7-4177nr-Caps-Lock-Blinking-Wireless-Button/td-p/5519164
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All,

Can anyone let me know how to Enable/Disable USB port in Registry ?

Waiting for your reply.

Regards
sivags.

A:How to Enable Disable USB in Win XP

Hi Sivags,
I looked through all my registry stuff and found nothing. But........I do recall that there is s search function in the regedit under the Edit tab I think. You might be able to search for USB and find exactly what your are looking for.

Not much help, but it might pay off.
Regards,
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-enable-disable-usb-in-win-xp-228103.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Guys

Please let me know how to disable DEP temporarily in Windows 8:
I tried the below but did not work:

C:\bcdedit /set {current} nx Always Off

Then I would like to set it back to normal:

C:\bcdedit /set {current} nx OptOut

When I try, the following message appears:
"An error has occurred setting the element data. The value is protected by secure boot policy and can not be modified or deleted".

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20489-how-enable-disable-dep-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using Nero Rom burn and Nero Vision Express.

I heard in burning dvds one should enable DMA on your computer ?

Why is this and what does this do ?

How do I enable/disable DMA on Windows Xp ?

Thanks.

A:Enable and Disable DMA on Win. Xp

This article has some decent info -> DMA reverts to PIO | Windows Problem Solver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/enable-and-disable-dma-on-win-xp-554283.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Can anyone please tell how to enable/disable the

1.USB port

2.CD/DVD Drive

in the Windows. i have win Xp SP3 installed on my system.

Thanks.

A:Enable/disable USB

You could probably disable them using Hardware profiles but probably not what you want.
http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2005/02/23/setting-up-hardware-profiles-in-xp/

My other suggestion.
Remove the IDE cable from the motherboard for the cdrom.

As for the USB.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823732

And another option.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555324

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-disable-usb.826257/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,
I always get a message, probably after 2 weeks, telling me that If you would like your computer plugged in for more than 2 weeks... And then it recommends me to enable "Desktop mode" but I don't really understand what it does.

So, which better? Enable or Disable it?

Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989866
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all,

I have a Windows 7 enterprise computer in a Windows domine, the problem is that I'm trying to disable the touchpad mouse of my computer but when I go to Device manager and see the properties of the Mouse Driver the button "Disable" is disable, I think that is something with domain politics and I can enable the button modifying regedit but I am not shoure of this and I do not what key of the regedit I would have to modify.
I add a photo so you can se what is the problem becose my english is not Good.

Thank you all.

A:The button for "Disable" a driver in Device Manager is disable

Welcome to the Seven Forums David!

I see the same thing on a W7 Pro laptop - the same button that you have highlighted is disabled.

Try this:
Start > Control Panel
In the upper right corner, change "View by:" to small icons or large icons
Locate and click on "Mouse"

See if you can disable the touch pad from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240274-button-disable-driver-device-manager-disable.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Personally I don t agree with some of the ways that s been listed for disabling TeaTimer So I m doing something about it To Disable TeaTimer Right-Click you TeaTimer Icon in TeaTimer Disable/Enable the System Tray Choose Run SpyBot-S amp D In SpyBot Search amp Destroy Disable/Enable TeaTimer click the Mode menu and choose Advanced A dialog box will display on the screen read it then click Yes In the bottom Disable/Enable TeaTimer left of the SpyBot-S amp D window is Options Click Tools Now you will be displaying the Tools options Click Resident If there is a Check in Resident TeaTimer Protection of over-all system settings active Uncheck it To Re-Enable TeaTimer Follow Steps - above then do the following If there is not a Check in Resident TeaTimer Protection of over-all system settings active Check it Grinler Mods Please Place this where it can be of use Fix it up as needed as well I made all the Screenshots I haven t contacted Patrick to see if its all right to use screenshots of his program SpyBot SpyBot-S amp D and SpyBot - Search amp Destroy are all Copyright of Patrick M Kolla

A:Disable/Enable TeaTimer

Sure you can put it where ever you want it Just hope People get a use out of it.

I sent Patrick an E-Mail asking i'm still waiting to hear back from him.
i really don't see a problem if you do give him the Credit but i'll let you know soon as i find out.

P.S. Sorry i didn't submit it like a tutorial.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14749/disableenable-teatimer/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just recently I disabled my internal mic in favor of an external mic. I tried to disable it the normal way but every time I kept disabling it, it would re-enable. I went to the administrator section to disable the internal mic that way and it worked, but it worked a little too well. Now when I go into my sound menu, it says no audio devices are installed. I can't simply right click and show disabled devices to re-enable it. I know this trick and it's not helping me. No devices are showing up either way. Now that I've done this, my external mic is not even working. Usually I can figure these types of things out on my own but this one is a whole different story. Please help!

A:Can't re-enable internal mic after disable

Turns out I actually got it working. By typing "internal" in the start menu search box, there is an option to find and fix problems. Luckily, it recognized shutting off your internal mic as a problem and it fixed it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/299815-cant-re-enable-internal-mic-after-disable.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

noticed the other day when I was trying to minimize what I have on my C drive ssd that the pagefile took up around 11GB and I did a Google search but I don't feel that the answer I got from there enlighten-ed me at all, I'm still wondering what to do.

/BTA

A:Disable/Enable Pagefile?

You can easily change the size of the page file to something a lot smaller than 11 GB if you are concerned about space allotted to it.

Discussing whether or not to eliminate it entirely is useless. You can find opinions on either side, with each side positive that the other side is composed of morons. "I did X and haven't had any problems...........".

Would you spend much time trying to convince someone of anything about religion? If you would, then Google and experiment all you wish with the page file. Put it on some other drive, some other partition, make it any size you want, or do away with it entirely.

But don't expect to be "enlightened". Do what you want. If you don't like the results, do something else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/367380-disable-enable-pagefile.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I hope I am not Disable Enable and/or AHCI duplicating something here I did look - Honest I ran into an interesting problem and found an easy fix First I Enable and/or Disable AHCI wanted to ENABLE AHCI because supposedly it improves HDD performance It also enables a host of Enable and/or Disable AHCI other interesting features I discovered the trick of setting the START paramater in the registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services msahci from quot quot to quot quot - and then making the switch in the BIOS I tried to switch back and simply resetting this Enable and/or Disable AHCI start value to quot quot doesn't work The issue here is that there are actually TWO keys that control the IDE AHCI interface choice HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services msahci HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services pciide When the system is in IDE interface mode the respective start values are msahci's START value is quot quot pciide's START value is quot quot When the system is in AHCI interface mode the respective start values are msahci's START value is quot quot pciide's START value is quot quot It is entirely possible that setting the START value to zero in the key representing the interface type you wish to use may cause the corresponding key in the other interface type to automagically switch to quot quot I do not know this nor have I tested it What works for me is setting both START values to the values that correspond to the interface I wish to use It should be trivially easy with a couple of judicious exports to make two registry files one of which enables AHCI the other of which enables IDE by combining the two keys into one file and setting the START parameters appropriately On a slightly different topic one may ask WHY would someone want to flip back-and-forth between interfaces anyway Shouldn't the interface selection be a quot one-shot-deal quot In my case I am taking some physical system hard drives and converting them to virtual disks vhd's to run them in virtual systems Unfortunately the -R hypervisor only supplies IDE type interfaces for boot devices So - if I have a system configured for AHCI and want to virtualize it I have to switch it back to IDE before I make the virtual image of the drive In the reverse scenerio I may want to take a vhd image and write it to physical media - and if I want to ultimately set it to AHCI I would have to make the corresponding flip in the Registry before swapping interfaces What say ye Jim

A:Enable and/or Disable AHCI

Hi jharris. Welcome.

Quote:
First: I wanted to ENABLE AHCI because (supposedly) it improves HDD performance. (It also enables a host of other interesting features.)

For me, the reasons to enable AHCI are Native Command Queuing and Hot Swapping, hot swapping being the most important to me.

As far as switching back and forth, I could imagine issues arising from that (including confusion as to what mode I was running in at a given time...).

But if I needed to do it as a utility to convert drives to vhd's, I would consider a dual boot, with the AHCI disabled boot just a simple OS with whatever utilities I needed to get the job done. Keeping it simple would mean a quick boot to desktop and a small partition.

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/165671-enable-disable-ahci.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, So my laptop has keyboard functionality to adjust brightness and etc with using F1...F12 keys. I actually like that. The problem is: when I play video games, I need to press those F1...F12 buttons quickly, but I need to press Fn key ALSO to use F1...F12 keys' normal functionality and it really annoys me. And YES, I KNOW THAT BIOS THING, but as I mentioned I like that functionality when not gaming so I don't want to restart everytime I exit/start my game. I have seen that some manufacturers' laptops have software support to disable/enable that feature temporarily without restarting and changing something in BIOS, but I haven't found anything like that on my HP LAPTOP, I AM REALLY TIRED OF THIS HP CRAP, MY LAPTOP HAS PROBLEMS IN EVERY STEP. if you can suggest something, thank you.

A:How to disable/enable Fn key when Gaming

Hi, Please try the following instructions:     http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-disable-enable-Fn-key-when-Gaming/td-p/5640035
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I've got a 9 multimonitor system, 3X Nvidia GPU + 3X Usb UGA-165

I have disable the 8 of them, but now Win10 doesn't appear to me any of the disable monitor in "Display Settings",
I have re-enable the 5 of them using the Nvidia Control panel but I can't re-enable the Usb monitors cause they don't have control panel and Nvidia control panel doesn't control them.

The problem is that Windows "Display Settings" have remove the disable monitor, so is there any trick or registry setting that can change that?
As you can see there are missing monitors 6
, 7 and 8.

Thank you

A:How to enable a disable monitor?

Nevermind, I found a way to open old display settings

Win+R
control.exe desk.cpl,Settings,@Settings

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/17822-how-enable-disable-monitor.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Dear All!
I want to enable and disable internet without using enable or disable network in lan network, I want program on and off? have any program?
thank with best regards

A:Enable and disable Internet

What? Is disabling the adaptor too hard? I'm sure there's something for this, but uh... really..?

Or do you want to disable Internet access and still have LAN access?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enable-and-disable-internet.191705/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

My IE has been really alow lately. I cleaned out my temp files, ran a couple spyware/malware programs but it still seems a little sluggish. Somebody had mentioned to me to disable plug-ins that you dont need, but I am not sure which ones are necessary/unnecessary. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks

A:How do I know what IE Plug-ins to enable/disable?

Well that is down to the individual.

Ask yourself what plugins do you use?

Could you post a screenshot of your plugins?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/338243-how-do-i-know-what-ie-plug-ins-enable-disable.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I use my Win Vista laptop at home and the office.

I use wifi at home and wired lan at the office. My laptop does have any settings in the TCP/IP properties. Everything is at default.

Every time I I try to use it at the office I have to disable and reenable the Lan connection from Manage networks, otherwise I do not get Net connectivity (except local lan).

No problem at home.

Since everything is default it picks up my IP from DHCP and gets other settings same way.

Why do I have to Disable and Enable the Lan connection before it starts accessing the Net.

A:Enable /disable Lan connection

If you put the laptop to Sleep or Hibernation before disconnecting the cable that may the cause. Try disconnecting the cable first.

The adapter/computer may not be "signing off" the network properly. Make sure you have the latest ethernet driver.

If the laptop is not rebooted from one day to the next, and
the work router or server is reset while the laptop is away, and
the lease time is long enough for the computer to think it still deserves the "old" IP, then that is a problem. Ask the network administrator to shorten the lease time, or shut down when you transport the machine, or live with your work around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-disable-lan-connection.926404/
Relevancy 55.04%

Our organization recently invested 250 G4 enable/disable Touchpad, in a large batch of G notebooks I'm wondering 250 G4 Touchpad, enable/disable if there's a way to quickly enable disable the touchpad modify something in our group policy or distribute a driver update or something to allow for this option nbsp Due to the environment many of our staff are working in frequently out in the community or even operating off of mobile hotspots in their parked vehicle many users don't use a mouse but would like the option to turn the touchpad off while typing to avoid misplacing the cursor Naturally they'll need the ability to easily turn the touchpad back on without the use of a mouse in this case nbsp As a result I don't see navigating to the mouse settings to disable the touchpad as being a viable option as they wouldn't have the ability to turn it back on when they were done typing nbsp I'm used to seeing a Fn F key option to disable the touchpad but this doesn't seem to be available on this model Is there a solution that would result in functionality with that level of simplicity If not what other options are there

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/250-G4-Touchpad-enable-disable/td-p/5745162
Relevancy 55.04%

Fellow W users This is a challenge for anybody who can help me nobody could figure it out yet In windows IE I cannot-enable-or-disable-any add-ons via tools there is a stopsign in front of it There are no malware or virusses I am the administartor I have re installed IE several times via tools advanced etc Security level in IE is normal Enhanced security is off I even installed Local policy Editor and via gpedit msc did the following click windows In 11 IE add-ons , 7 cannot-enable-or-disable-any Start menu type gpedit msc in search box press Enter to open Local Group Policy Editor expand User Configuration-- gt Administrative Templates-- gt Windows Components-- gt Internet Explorer in right window find out In windows 7 , IE 11 cannot-enable-or-disable-any add-ons and double click Do not allow users to enable or disable add-ons click Not Configured or Disabled click OK to save settings Allas everyhting failed and I still cannot change my add-ons it is blocked See image The image is dutch but it speaks for itself Who can help Thanks Erik

A:In windows 7 , IE 11 cannot-enable-or-disable-any add-ons

Hi and Welcome to the Forum
Has this just happened? If so try a system restore to a point behind when it happened, see here:
System Restore - Microsoft Windows
If not try running sfc /scannow see here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/327551-windows-7-ie-11-cannot-enable-disable-any-add-ons.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Are there any advantages or disadvanteges in disabling iPV6? It comes enabled by default in Vista 64.

A:Enable/disable iPV6

Someone else ask this same question on another thread and I was just going to ask it as well so, no solutions here, just an attemp to bump up the thread and get an answer to it since I am having some connectivity and network printability issues myself

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/218333-enable-disable-ipv6.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm an administrator and I would like to know how to disable the screensaver tab in Windows 2000. I want to set the screensaver and then make the option inaccessible to the users. Since I'm making an image, I would like to know how to enable it later, if so desired. Can anyone help?

A:disable/enable screensaver tab

start > run > gpedit.msc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-enable-screensaver-tab.172360/
Relevancy 55.04%

Is there any way to enable/disable each USB port in motherboard in Hardware level.

Please Help

A:How to enable/disable each USB port

Many motherboards allow you to do this. Check the BIOS. Press DEL or F1 or Esc when you first turn on your PC. If it is not a name-brand (Dell, HP, etc) , its always DEL.

But USB ports are wired in pairs (usually), so you'll disable 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-enable-disable-each-usb-port.672772/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi not sure about this? is it good idea to configure Regedit to Enable in the Local Group Policy Editor?
I checked it and it says it's not configured it's not enabled either?
Do i just leave it ALONE or configure it?

A:Regedit - Enable or Disable?

Hello Puzzeld,

I would recommend to leave it set as Not Configured. Setting it to Enabled in GPEDIT will disable access to the registry for all users.

Regedit - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275759-regedit-enable-disable.html
Relevancy 55.04%

How to disable/enable viewer. Need command prompt code (s).

A:Disable/ enable viewer

what do you mean by viewer?

do you mean the start bar and my computer viewer etc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disable-enable-viewer-295261.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have modified the registry so that HideFastUserSwitching = 0
Makes no difference.
I need this button back.  No one but me can log onto this computer.
Thank you.

A:Cannot Enable Switch User Button

StrongEagle,
You do not mention what Operating System you have installed. At the link below is a link that shows instructions for enabling/disabling Fast User Switching in the registry.
Enabling/Disabling Fast User Switching

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19674651
Relevancy 55.04%

Using Dell Dimensions 4100 desktop and Windows ME, with HP DeskJet932C. I hi-light text then go to print, and in the box I cannot enable SELECTION. The Print Range only has ALL and PAGES with live buttons. I checked the Properties tab for the printer, and there, too, I was not able to activate the Selection button. As tho it is permanently shut down. Can you help with this? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-enable-the-radio-button-for-selection.899023/
Relevancy 54.18%

I got my new Asus board yesterday, but there is a switch on it called GPU Boost, should I enable or disable it?

It was enabled by default but I turned it off.

Thanks

A:Asus GPU Boost - Enable or Disable?

Enable it if you play games and dont have a dedicated GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-gpu-boost-enable-or-disable.195539/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,guys.I have a LAN (cable) internet connection.Two days ago my computer slowed down,but the only obvious error seemed to be the disability to control enable/disable property of the internet connection.Apparently,though the connection was enabled and I could access internet,it's icon showed disabled.The only time when the connection icon showed proper status was immediately after starting up the PC.Since I have Kaspersky Internet security,I ran the complete system scan.Kaspersky detected two trojans and removed them.The successive scan showed no infections.I ran Ewido anti-malware with the same result.Still,I can't control the internet connection enable/disable option.I'm wandering wether it has something to do with the previously detected trojans.I would appreciate some help with this.Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Seagate Backup Plus TB external HD conntected to my PC via USB The external HD is on Enable/Disable a device schedule USB only used for Enable/Disable USB device on a schedule weekly backups It is the loudest component of my PC I don't want to listen to the HD spinning up which happens frequently from what I can only assume to be background Windows processes I currently have the external HD disabled through Device Manager I manually enable it on Sunday evening before going to bed so that the scheduled backup can write to it over night I disable the external HD again in the morning so it will remain silent I would like to be able to schedule the device to automatically enable disable before after the scheduled backups This will ensure the backups happen even if I forget to manually enable the device I have tried to figure out a way to do this using Task Scheduler but didn't see how I could set this up as a task I have also tried creating two batch files one to enable one to disable that would change the Start value in the USBSTOR registry key but I could not get this to work successfully When I ran the batch file to disable USB storage I was still able to see and access the external HD I confirmed that the Start value did change to a which is supposed to disable so not sure what I did wrong here The plan was to set up the batch files to execute using Task Scheduler Not sure if that would have worked anyway as the batch files need to be run as administrator Does anyone have any suggestions Is there any freeware available that would allow for a scheduled enable disable of a USB device Appreciate any help you can offer Thanks in advance

A:Enable/Disable USB device on a schedule

You will find some good information here on using Powershell to manage devices, along with links to using other methods, like WMIC.

Device Management PowerShell Cmdlets Sample An introduction | Server and Cloud Partner and Customer Solutions Team Blog

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52689-enable-disable-usb-device-schedule.html
Relevancy 54.18%

If you notice the I with the circle that shows up on some machines and not others and I cant seem to find out anything about it or find ANY setting in the bing desktop that enables or disables it? Anyone?

A:Bing added this ... how to enable / disable?

Hello Machistmo,

Is this for the Bing Desktop? If so, then you might see if it may be part of the wallpaper toolset.

Bing Desktop Wallpaper Toolset - Turn On or Off in Windows

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/43735-bing-added-how-enable-disable.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I received my Plextor M5P 512 GB today .
Could not resist and it is already installed and running...like the wind! What a difference compared to my Seagate Momentus 7200.4. I'm running a Tecra R840 laptop, and now everything loads quickly! The Win boot is phenomenal .
Everything went smooth, which was great! Zero issues, and I restore it to factory state and then removed almost all the bloatware/sw that I do not use/need!

Now I need (?) to make some tweaks, right ?

1- Defrag is already schedulled to never...so it is ok, right?
2- Should I disable restore (restore points)? (pros/cons)
3- Should I disable Write-caching to the ssd? (pros/cons)
4- Should I disable "allow files in this drive to have contents indexed in adition to file properties" ?

Anything else? (I just want a robust and reliable system! I do not need anything faster...!)

I will appreciate all the help .

Regards,
paulo

A:Plextor M5P installed :-). What to enable/disable

My opinion:
1 yes.
2-4 no.

Other than defrag, why not just treat the SSD as any other drive. That is what I'm doing. If the technology is not good enough to work that way then I'll move back to a 7200 or 10K SATA drive when the SSD dies.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/253809-plextor-m5p-installed-what-enable-disable.html
Relevancy 54.18%

- - I have posted some more settings scroll down to message in this thread to read them nbsp Hi Here's some good news execute-disable and enable How bit to hidden... other for anyone with a Lenovo How to enable execute-disable bit and other hidden... N How to enable execute-disable bit and other hidden... model who is disappointed and frustrated with the lack of options in the BIOS setup menu I had a moan about that in this thread nbsp This is a long post but I hope you'll find it worthwhile Here are the features settings which I will explain how to enable The BIOS disables the execute-disable bit function of the CPU with no way to turn it on You can enable it You can set VGA and VESA graphics modes to not be stretched to fill the whole screen sharper graphics with no distorted aspect ratio Speed up the POST display by skipping the memory testDisable various features if you don't use them that might save some power the HD audio controller WLAN card on-board LAN shadowing of the video BIOSEnable beep before booting the OSEnable key click sound only in DOS not Windows or Linux nbsp I'm still working on this and hope to figure out more hidden settings soon e g to disable the DVD drive and trackpad and to change the video output from NTSC to PAL nbsp The information below applies to the Lenovo N model with BIOS version My N has Nvidia graphics For some background on the general principles research required to figure this out please see this thread at Wimsbios com nbsp To change the settings you need to create a bootable DOS floppy disk or USB drive Download SYMCMOS EXE Google for it and put it on the bootable disk Boot the disk and run SYMCMOS to back up your current CMOS settings SYMCMOS -Lsettings txtNext load the settings txt into a text editor It will begin like this SYMBOLIC CMOS EDITOR - Version - CRC EDD nbsp Your CRC value may differ Each line after the CRC contains a token number followed by the value of that token You can start with the settings txt you created and edit any tokens you want to change or delete all token lines and just include the tokens you want to change Then use SYMCMOS EXE to apply the new file SYMCMOS -V -Uupdate txt nbsp After running that command you can reset and hopefully notice the new settings in action For certain settings such as re-enabling the execute-disable bit you need to turn the computer off then on again nbsp Here are some specific tokens you can change Token Default New Description----- ------- --- ----------- Disable the HD audio controller Disable LCD panel graphics scaling stretching B Beep before booting the OS Enable support for the CPU execute-disable bit E Enable key click only works in DOS and BIOS setup A Set to for slower memory test or or to skip test for faster booting especially with GB RAM E Disable video BIOS shadowing Best to leave enabled Enable MB memory hole at MB Best leave disabled Disable PCI Express ports - This takes precedence over the individual port bits below and disables the LAN WLAN and probably ExpressCard port Disable PCI Express port WLAN card C Disable PCI Express port maybe ExpressCard F Disable PCI Express port LAN For example if you want to disable LCD panel scaling and enable the execute-disable bit you would create a text file like this CRC EDD nbsp Some final points Loading the default settings in the BIOS setup menu will overwrite any changes you make using SYMCMOS EXE So keep that bootable disk around in case you need to re-apply your settings in future The token numbers above are specific to version of the Lenovo N model BIOS They might be different for earlier BIOS versions and will be different for other models of computer Once you have created a bootable floppy disk with a text file containing your updated settings you could create a bootable CD with the floppy's data on Just boot that CD to restore your settings in future Before experimenting with randomly changing token values to discover other hidden settings make sure you know how to r... Read more

A:How to enable execute-disable bit and other hidden...

It's just insane :-). "data execution prevention", "screen scalling" and "skipping memory test" tested and working on N200 769-BNG ( BIOS 3.03, T7250, 1680x1050 LCD,GForceGo7300 ). Thank you for the detailed HowTo, best regards, Jonathan

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/How-to-enable-execute-disable-bit-and-other-hidden-settings-on/td-p/59785
Relevancy 54.18%

Dear Friends I think I'm fighting a network permissions problem but I'm stuck I have reliable connections to my DSL modem and to the internet I would like Interface in eth0 to Enable/Disable 8.1? How to enable disable my network interface in this case the ethernet connection to my DSL modem not the DSL modem connection to the phone line After cruising through the Control Panel Network and Sharing Change Adapter Settings menus I made a desktop shortcut to my Ethernet device Right clicking on the shortcut shows a context menu with quot Disable quot This option works fine and cancels the connection to the modem After that the shortcut context menu remains the same no option for quot Enable quot is shown However if I follow quot Open file location quot to the control panel's Network screen the context menu for the target icon DOES contain quot enable quot More strange after clicking on main Network context menu now the desktop shortcut displays quot Enable quot Sometimes nothing How to Enable/Disable eth0 Interface in 8.1? quot enables quot until I run the quot Diagnose quot option several times with administrative priv I am the How to Enable/Disable eth0 Interface in 8.1? administrator Any clues as to how to proceed Thank You IW

A:How to Enable/Disable eth0 Interface in 8.1?

A better description of a non-working desktop shortcut in Win 8.1....
Network connections to my wired DSL modem work fine, internet connection fine. As administrator, I have made a desktop shortcut to the Control Panel\Network Connections\Ethernet Network. The context menu of the shortcut does not update to reflect the status of the network connection (computer to modem connection).

Simply opening the Control Panel\Network Connections\Ethernet Network window (I can get there easily by choosing "Open file location") instantly updates the shortcut. The shortcut works if it is correctly updated (Enable/Disable). The shortcut is not pointing to a file as such, it indicates that the target is a long Hexadecimal number.

I don't think this is a permissions problem, and I'm not being asked to run the shortcut as administrator. It looks like a software issue at this point. I can't think of any troubleshooting method that would help on this question. Ideas?

Thank you,
IceWolf

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45182-how-enable-disable-eth0-interface-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

A program called Cyberlink Rich Video Service runs in the background whenever I start up. What is this program . . . anybody know? Do I need it running in the background all of the time? Thanks, for any help U might give.7Erik7

A:Start-Up Programs: Disable/Enable

It's a part of Cyberlink PowerDVD and no, you don't need it to be a startup.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289948/start-up-programs-disableenable/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey Because i have a question like a topic said so i don't open the new post to asking for There i have the case that i needed is disable all the USB port and only leave one for use I have been pay a long day to search a way to do this I mostly found out the port a I USB disable/enable single Re:Can only? way is disable all of that But my case is just for one so it is not matching my requirement I already try out the USBDeview Re:Can I disable/enable a single USB port only? But is seem like to disable the device that your won't let it connect to your computer and i is not want all the USB Storage connect for And as Phantom mention to disable the USB Hub it also seen nothing happen when i disabled I also know the method to turning off via the physical way for example to disable on BIOS or unplug the USB hub But those not i want to i just need a software or window OS method to disable the USB port Do anyone can help Sorry for my terrible English

A:Re:Can I disable/enable a single USB port only?

I moved your thread here while the topic is really the same the reasons are different and you will get better response from a new thread rather than dragging back am old one.
Sorry I am really struggling with your English and I know you are trying but there really is no effective way I know of to close 1 usb port. You probably can disable all the Usb ports in the bios or pull a plug off the motherboard that is clearly marked "Usb" to disable the front ports.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/re-can-i-disable-enable-a-single-usb-port-only-1010314.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all,
I'm trying to launch my application directly after boot. Someone had adviced me to replace shell from "explorer.exe" to the application I want to launch.
Is it the correct way for launching the application after boot.
Please advice.

Thanks,
Narayanan K

A:Windows 8 enable or Disable shell

Have you tried At Startup---

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58257-windows-8-enable-disable-shell.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

A friend mentioned to me that Intel's HT CPU's actually work like two half-speed P4 CPU's so my 2.6Ghz HT CPU actually runs (in HT mode) at 1.3. He said if you set it to non HT mode you will actually see some performance gains depending upon the task you are doing.

Firstly, is this true and secondly my motherboard has an enable hyper threading option ... is that what I would change to get supposed benefits?

Thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

Im developing a project on web cafe management system for that i want to disable a net connection programatically..
so which API should i wsed for the same.
Plz help me..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/disable-or-enable-an-internet-connection-500449.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I need a script/batch file that I can click to quickly

enable/disable a user.

How can I do this?

A:Script to disable/enable a user

A one-liner bat file can do that pretty easy. This will do the trick:

To enable a user:

Code:
net user username /active:yes
To disable it:

Code:
net user username /active:no
Where username is the username to enable/disable.
This requires administrator permission to succeed.

Some reference can be found here:
Enable or Disable user account from command line (CMD)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397439-script-disable-enable-user.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I am a newbie to windows scripting.

I have a Windows XP Pro machine which has an Ethernet connection (internet). There are 5 users with seprate user accounts.

I want to restrict access to ethernet connection to some user-accounts. I am aware that this could be done through logon-scripts but no clue how to implement it.

What exactly I have in mind is that the computer should know whether to enable/disable a connection for a particular type of user-logon.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

how to find Volume Control and how to add Mic to the taskbar, i want to enable and mute mic manually
but know mic is enable all za time...
how to do ?

A:Where is Volume Control ? Mic Enable & Disable

Hi ITZAD, right click the volume icon at the bottom right of the taskbar and there it is, Volume Control Options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/10417-where-volume-control-mic-enable-disable.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Is there a way NOT to enable + disable Pagefile.sys through Systems dialog but with a Registry key?

When enabling from disbaled state it should take the previously (eventually in the past) set partition location and file size.

If this is not possible then pagefile.sys should be set to "system managed".

Be aware: I am NOT talking about just a deletion of pagefile.sys at shutdown but a complete disabling!

Peter

A:Enable+disable pagefile.sys in registry?

The registry value that controls the pagefile is "ExistingPageFiles" in the key:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management"

I don't know what the value would be to disable the pagefile but I am quite sure that this will lose the previous values.

You can determine the values yourself by setting the pagefile configuration the normal way and checking what the results are.
Note that this is a REG_MULTI_SZ type as there can be multiple pagefiles.

The setting does not take effect until after a reboot.
Disabling the pagefile is not normally recommended.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/377948-enable-disable-pagefile-sys-registry.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I went and inadvertantly disabled both monitors on my Ti4600 vid card. I just wanted to disable one as I thought having two caused problems using my mouse with the game Manhunt(retail copy). Mouse buttons worked but movement didn't.I tried three mice-optical,usb,ps/2 etc.I noticed the mouse cursor spanned both monitors during gameplay.
I installed on a slower machine (single monitor) and the mouse function as it should(ver slow computer though).
BACK TO ORIGINAL PROBLEM-I disabled one monitor, but picked the wrong one, went to disable the second and now I can't get any view of my desktop in order to re-enable them. Switched plugs, switched monitors et al.
PLEASE HELP WITH ANY OF MY PROBLEMS !!!!!!!!!!
AMD cpu:2.6g
1gig ram
os/winxp home
ti4600 vid.
creative audigy aud.
thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-both-monitors-cant-re-enable-blind.229330/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am always brushing the touchpad when I'm typing which causes the cursor to jump.  Is there an easy way to disable/enable the touchpad? (or is it called a clickpad on my model?).

Solved!
View Solution.

A:how to disable/enable the touchpad/clickpad

#HPExpertDayYou can get into Mouse settings and disable/enable but that wont be a quick thing to do.From start type 'mouse' and choose mouse from search results. Click on TOuchpad/Luxpad tab and you will find a radio button to do so.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/how-to-disable-enable-the-touchpad-clickpad/td-p/5626260
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the image preview of your windows in your taskbar. For example, if I hover my mouse over MSN, it will show up all my MSN conversations in small windows above my taskbar, which I find highly annoying and useless at times and want to disable it.

I have googled it and tried several solutions/workarounds, but none of them work. There is one option that actually lets you disable it, but it also says it is a Vista only feature. Why have the option in Windows 7 if it's Vista exclusive?

Help to "fix" this would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Teemu

A:Preview taskbar enable/disable

There's a tutorial on this. Here.

Taskbar Thumbnail Previews - Enable or Disable[2]=Taskbar%20Start%20Menu

mac

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/56907-preview-taskbar-enable-disable.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I love nbsp to be able to nbsp disable and enable nbsp SSD or nbsp HDD nbsp storage from Bios nbsp Why It is useful nbsp You can nbsp enable one of available nbsp storage nbsp as secure backup nbsp target and disable it when backup is P70 request. Disable/Enable P50, from SSD ... feature done nbsp You have option to nbsp disable some extra storage to save battery life and speed up boot time You can disable nbsp main OS storage let nbsp say first SSD with Windows nbsp and install another OS at second nbsp nbsp SSD without nbsp effecting nbsp nbsp main storage let say you can experiment installing nbsp Linux or MacOS at another P50, P70 feature request. Disable/Enable SSD from ... SSD without being worry about Windows at first SSD You can clone First OS from first SSD into second nbsp SSD Then you can boot from second nbsp nbsp SSD by nbsp disabling first SSD and vise versa nbsp You can disable broken SSD if nbsp it create issue with boot nbsp I know Amy response is Think engineering P50, P70 feature request. Disable/Enable SSD from ... nbsp nbsp happily can add it if there are enough demand for it So please vote on this feature request nbsp if you think it is cool to be P50, P70 feature request. Disable/Enable SSD from ... able to nbsp disable and enable storage from BIOS Thanks nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-P70-feature-request-Disable-Enable-SSD-from-BIOS/td-p/3440637
Relevancy 54.18%

Wondering what is best...Enable/Disable TCP Auto Tuning?

A:Enable/Disable TCP Auto Tuning

Quote: Originally Posted by canspec

Wondering what is best...Enable/Disable TCP Auto Tuning?

Should have you explain us more...Looks for Vista:

Disable TCP Auto-Tuning to Solve Slow Network, Cannot Load Web Page or Download Email Problems in Vista My Digital Life

Vista Tutorial
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72...ive-level.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74556-enable-disable-tcp-auto-tuning.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a problem similar to some I've seen posted here but with some differences that I haven't seen. My Secondary IDE controller shows a yellow exclamation point and it tells me it's running in compatability mode. I've done the "no ide" proceedure and I've tried reinstalling the Master without a favourable result. However I've found a work-around. By disabling the controller, rebooting and then enabling it, it works. This can't be normal, how can I make it boot with the secondary ide working without going through this long drawn-out proceedure

Relevancy 54.18%

hi
i am using windows XP and i want to disable the usb port (i dont want it to detect flash memories or external storage devices) but at the same time i want it to detect the usb printer, so i cant totally disable the usb port...
is there a way for this, please help fast and urgent!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-usb-port-but-enable-printers.774224/
Relevancy 54.18%

My notebook originally on Windows 8 but changed to Windows 7 ultimate which I have had no problems with for years, till the other day when entering my password I kept receiving error username and password incorrect. I am now getting error no boot drive found error 3F0. I have done a diagnostic test on hard drive and it passed. I have a Windows 7 ultimate disk but cannot get it to install. I have read that I need to enable Legacy Support but am unable to do this as I am cannot choose yes at the prompt, arrow keys do not move from the no position. Is there something else I can do or should be doing to get this to enable. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-enable-disable-legacy-support/td-p/5670094
Relevancy 54.18%

Where has this gone in the anniversary update?

A:Disable/Enable Problem Reporting

Control Panel - System and Security - Security and Maintenance - Maintenance - Check for Solutions.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/63902-disable-enable-problem-reporting.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I ll make the question at short and sweet as possible I have two programs FaxTalk and WinPage that both use the modem I keep FaxTalk running in Modem Solved: Enable ??? / Disable the background most of the time During the day I need to use WinPage to send text pages to co-workers To do this I have to close FaxTalk start WinPage and send the pages Close Winpage and restart FaxTalk The reason that I must do this is because FaxTalk quot grabs quot the port and if FaxTalk is open Winpage gives me the error quot Error Opening Com Port Solved: Enable / Disable Modem ??? Port Id - quot It does not work the other way around ie have WinPage open st then open Faxtalk and get an error from Faxtalk I assume this is because Winpage just sits there and does not lock onto the modem port until it actually goes to send the page and FaxTalk continuously is monitoring the port for incoming calls So I was just wondering Is there a way to maybe assign an quot alias quot port id to the modem for one Solved: Enable / Disable Modem ??? of the applications temporarity disable the lock that FaxTalk has over the port give WinPage priority over the port or something similar Any Ideas or suggestions Thank you John R Semper Fi OS WinXP Pro sp all updates - but still leary of sp CPU Dell Diminsion nbsp

A:Solved: Enable / Disable Modem ???

Ratman,

I think that the way you are handling it presently is the way that you are going to have to do it. It appears to be a shortcoming in the way the application was written.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-enable-disable-modem.372527/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I recently used a projector that plugged into my computer. Once I got the projector to work, my touchpad mouse on my laptop stoppd working, but I didn't think anything of it and just plugged in a wireless mouse with USB and my mouse worked again.

Now, I can't figure out how to get my touchpad working again, so I am thinking it is just a simple enable/disable option.

Help?

Thanks.

A:How to enable/disable touchpad mouse?

manufacturer of the laptop please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-enable-disable-touchpad-mouse-323358.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Well folks, got a small problem. At work we use a LAN and Windows NT Workstation on each terminal. I was browsing the web when to my dismay I came to a site where I needed Java and found it to be disabled. While I'm not too familiar with NT or the inner workings of a LAN, I am assuming the Administrators can make this setting system wide. If not, is there a way I can reenable Java on my IE?? Thanks in advance!

A:Enable/Disable Java for IE5 on Nt Workstation LAN

Greetings

Click on the Tools button, and go to your Options.

On the Advanced Tab, make sure that the JIT Compiler is enabled.

On the Sercurity Tab, change your settings (to do this, click on the Custom button) to allow for Java.

If this IS already done, then your Network admins may have disabled Java on the proxy server. You will need to talk to them about allowing it through.

Cheers

Then

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-disable-java-for-ie5-on-nt-workstation-lan.28484/
Relevancy 54.18%

Does anyone knows how to solved this? I couldn't even change any of this settings here in this tab. Please Help

A:Unable to disable or enable Enhancement Tab

Do you have generic, MS drivers for Realtek or Realtek's own ?
You can find newest and older drivers here: Realtek
With Realtek drivers you will have it's own settings in Control Panel where everything can be set more precisely.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/51551-unable-disable-enable-enhancement-tab.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Vista Home Premium SP 2
IE 8
Macafee
How do I enable or disable Javascript?

A:Solved: Javascript Enable Disable?

Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom level... > Find "Active Scripting" > Check "Enable".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-javascript-enable-disable.886329/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi
i am using windows XP and i want to disable the usb port (i dont want it to detect flash memories or external storage devices) but at the same time i want it to detect the usb printer, so i cant totally disable the usb port...
is there a way for this, please help fast and urgent!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-usb-port-but-enable-printers.774275/
Relevancy 54.18%

In Windows Explorer..my "Favorites" List in the Left Pane seems to be deactivated.
The Icon is there...but I can't seem to add anything to it...

"add current location to favorites" and
"Restore Favorites Links" doesn't seem to do anything...not even an error..

I Opened the folder via "Open in New Window" and tried manually sliding links in but just got the red dashed circle.

After much thinking on what happened to cause this..
It's possible that while Transfering files to this notebook...I accidently
clicked an old .REG file disabling it...and I can't find the .REG file to reactivate it online
anymore...

Hope this is in the right category..thanks for reading..

A:Explorer Favorites Enable/Disable

Hello livingdeadboy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if this may be able to fix your Favorites.

Favorites Empty in Navigation Pane - Fix

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/258404-explorer-favorites-enable-disable.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I cannot disable or enable my Windows Firewall. It doesn't make any sense! I am useing an Administrator Account and I am useing a Router and a Modem.

This image shows what the screen looks like trying to switch my Firewall:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9779/thejd9.png

HELP!

A:I Cant Enable Or Disable My Windows Firewall!

Geek49, you have just posted multiple threads within the last hour, it seems your system is in need of some help and we will try to help you. But, we cannot possibly keep track of all your issues unless they are in 1 thread. It makes it so much easier to help you.

Plz follow my instruction on the 5 step thread to removing malware.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-enable-or-disable-my-windows-firewall-111009.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I'm assisting a user migrate from Win XP to Win The new computer is running Win SP x in a domain AD environment I have migrated scheduled task from the scheduled to able tasks disable/enable not XP machine to the Win machine job files to xml files The migration seems to have worked ok and the credential seem OK Using my account which has admin rights I have disabled all the newly created task as the users wishes to enable them one at a time and ensure that they run correctly on the new PC before allowing the tasks to run as per their schedule The issue is that the user who does not have admin rights does not have permissions to disable enable the tasks I have granted the user not able to disable/enable scheduled tasks full permissions on c Windows system task have added her to the local Power User s group and this full permissions to the above but none of this seems to work Any suggestions on how to grant this user the rights to be able to disable enable schedule tasks Regards Dermotdjt

A:not able to disable/enable scheduled tasks

See if this will help https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.10).aspx, maybe you can give permissions to the individual tasks instead of the folder and configure the task to run as the user in question?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375542-not-able-disable-enable-scheduled-tasks.html
Relevancy 54.18%

To connect to the internet using my old IBM notebook 600e, I just boot up or come out of standby mode; click on browser (IE) and it's always ready to go. With the newer Lenovo T61, I must disable the connection before I go on standby, or problems usually result. When I come out of standby, I must enable connection; otherwise the little computer icon is missing from the lower right bar and there is no "repair connecytion option." If I click on "view available networks," none are found. Then it is difficult to get things going again. I use a siemens modem and a Belkin router, but doubt these are responsible as the 600e has no problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'd especially appreciate a list (however short or long) of possible things to check.

Relevancy 54.18%

I have ThinkPad P50 and I am loving it, but there are a few things that I miss from my Dell days.It appears there is no way to automatically disable touchpad when usb mouse is connected.  I am looking for next best option.   Is there a way to set a hot-key to enable and disable touchpad?thanksPaul 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-hotkey-to-enable-disable-touchpad/td-p/3455069
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I recently disabled several hardware items on my laptop (CDROM, PCMCIA, etc.) to save the battery life.

My question is, is there a way to setup a "command" to enable and disable these hardware without going to the Control Panel, etc.?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

A:Enable and disable hardware command...?

A shorter route would be Start > right click on Computer > Properties > Device Manager. Is that any help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/67334-enable-disable-hardware-command.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
is there a possibility to create shortcut (hotkey or another fast method) to disable and enable device (like in device manager)?
If not for all device, is it possible for built-in cam and/or microphone?
(preferred not by 3rd party aplications)

A:Shortcut to enable & disable device

There's not specifically an easy way without a bit of scripting on your part. I attempted to write you a quick VBScript that would use the WMI_SystemDriver class to enumerate all devices that contained the word "camera" in the description and then stop them.

The problem is, my Lenovo webcam doesn't allow that call; the driver exposes itself to the OS as 'unstoppable' in terms of user service control. I have a suspicion that a lot of webcams may work the same way. To get around this, you need to make a DLL call to tell the OS to disable the hardware device, which cannot be done in VBScript.

I could certainly write you such an applet, but then you'd have to simply trust me rather than being able to see what was inside - unless you have access to a C# compiler and just want the source code to compile yourself.

Another alternative that requires a lot of download time but then would allow you to use a simple DOS command to do the toggle is to grab the Windows 7 DDK from Microsoft. Part of the DDK is a utility called Devcon, which is a command-line version of WIndows device manager. A little bit of DOS wizardry with the FOR /F "usebackq..." command to parse a devcon status statement followed by another devcon enable or disable statement would allow you to toggle the hardware state and would get you where you want to be. But it's a huge download for a single stupid file, unless of course you already had use for the WinDDK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/222100-shortcut-enable-disable-device.html
Relevancy 54.18%

ok i got this game and it wouldnt work it said it couldnt load opengl subsystem. well i put couldnt load opengl subsystem into google and see if i could find a remedy. and one said to go to properties>settings>advanced>adapter and then disable it. i did then i rebooted and it was a really tiny screen and i tryed to renable it but i could find how but i looked at the adapter thing again and it was something different, but it said alot of the stuff was unavailable and i disabled that and i tryed to exit settings and i accidently rebooted the computer with like, not graphics i guess.. so now im screwed.. i tryed pressing f8 at the boot thing and enable VGA mode but it didnt work so if you can help, PLEASE do! i really need my laptop for my JC

A:PLEASE HELP!! video card is disable, i need to re-enable it but i cannot see!

If you don't have a Bios ESCD reset then a CMOS (bios) reset via whatever your manual advises is next (sometimes a key press, others a jumper or battery removal).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-video-card-is-disable-i-need-to-re-enable-it-but-i-cannot-see.82141/
Relevancy 54.18%

i want to to Enable Services that has been disabled by Administrator,
In My College, i cant Access Many applications,
Like " RUN Dialogue"
"Internet Access" , " command prompt ". . . .
Now tell me what to do with this?/
plz Help me

A:Enable Services that has been Disable by Administrator

We don't assist in bypassing legal restrictions, please read the TSG Rules before any future posts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-services-that-has-been-disable-by-administrator.863677/
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer started acting funny after watching videos online and getting tons of pop-ups. Some of which claimed I could have a potential virus. Now I know this came from a site and I should never read into it. but it had me wondering.
Then i noticed all of sudden some of the websites I was looking at like would stop opening and would be unavailble.
Now I have AVG Virus Protection on my computer. It is letting me know that my PC health is not good cause the administrative share is enabled and it says I should disable it. 
i do not fully understand what this means and why this was an issue in the first place. What should I do? Do I enable or disable and why?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6436f63c-1459-4115-adc3-7c350b423a8d/admin-share-disable-or-enable?forum=w7itpronetworking