Windows Support Forum

Installation stuck at "Windows is loading files..."

Q: Installation stuck at "Windows is loading files..."

Hi all Wanted to do a nice clean installation on a HP Compaq dc Convertible Minitower Using known good Windows volume USB which I have used a dozen times with no loading "Windows files..." at is stuck Installation issues Installation stuck at "Windows is loading files..." I get stuck at quot Windows is loading files quot as I don't think that screen is ever supposed to be there over an hour or so Linux mint live USB boots just fine Using Windows OEM disc not legal on that rig but I was testing I got past the loading screen and reached quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk quot error instead I toyed around with ram sticks They're installed as they should be Then tried both of them in the correct black slot to see if one of them might be bad Then installed two additional sticks to see if it had enough memory to load the OS Same result I've reset the bios The SATA settings aren't on RAID The original OS that I'm trying to replace also boots just fine Just running out of ideas here

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/388634-installation-stuck-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Installation stuck at "Windows is loading files..."

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 84.01%

Hello Sevenforums Notebook HP ProBook s OS Windows x bit Did not buy from hp bought from a guy at loading Stuck "Windows files" black screen is after Yesterday my explorer Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files" got stuck so i had to restart the laptop by pressing the power button i turned it on and then Startup repair appeared i left it to complete and then i went to sleep The next day i woke up i opened my laptop and then quot Windows is loading files quot appeared and afterwards a black screen appears and it stays there forever I read many solutions but none of them seemed to work Such as -Removing the battery and the AC adapter and then press power button for seconds -Entering safe mode and doing a full recovery I cannot access safe mode using F I can only access the ESC which is the bios and these stuff If anyone can help i would be grateful because ill probably pay and up Im extremely sure that this problem happened because of AVG free antivirus that i installed i installed the antivirus about week ago and i never restarted the pc until then only putting it into sleep mode But this time it got restarted with some strange things happening when it was restarting and it mentioned some of the AVG files deleting stuff I dont know im really in need of help

A:Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files"

Hello and welcome Majd have a read throughtis and see if there are any thngs you can use . Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you can get into safe mode at all get rid of the AVG - it is crap.

Did this bloke give you any recovery media ?? and usually factory installed machines have factory restore partitions so can you let us know exactly what model this machine is please - I know you have quoted a number but have good look underneath and look for yourself before we go any further .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397527-stuck-black-screen-after-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 84.01%

I'm using laptop lenovo T430U, when doing system recovery process until half ways my laptop no battery then shut down. After that Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your langugae settings, and then click next
3. Click "repair your computer."

Can someone help me or tell me how to get it past the windows is loading files?

A:Stuck at "windows is loading files" when doing a system recovery

How do you know your battery caused it to shut down? Does it complete Recovery? Are you using disks or Lenovo One-Key Recovery? How do I recover my system using ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery

Make sure you are on AC power and try again.

If Recovery won't run you can get a much better install doing a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. Everything is provided in the blue link to get and keep a perfect install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329183-stuck-windows-loading-files-when-doing-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 82.46%

I just finished my first build yesterday and I can't install Vista premium 64 bit! It either freezes at the "Windows is loading files" screen or it gets past that and reboots? On a few occasions, it gets past this to the Windows Vista loading screen and then freezes there. Can anyone please help me?

My Specs are:
Mobo: Asrock X58 Extreme
CPU: Core i7 920
Memory: OCZ Gold 6gb (3) 2gb sticks
Video Card: Radeon 5870
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB

A:Vista installation reboots after "Windows is loading files..."

Please have a look here http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1035406.htm and herehttp://www.vistax64.com/vista-instal...ing-files.html make sure you try everything that is mentioned as any one of the reasons can cause this issue and therefore should not be overlooked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-installation-reboots-after-windows-is-loading-files-425161.html
Relevancy 81.22%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Dear Sirs I've spent last hours trying to fight the fate and I know there's been a lot of discussions around this issues But whatever I do my windows x would not proceed and is stuck at Expanding Windows Files Stage What I've Done - I have a pack of DVDs - both native one OEM and one from torrents written is 0%" 7 is Windows stuck back Installation Files on "Expanding - Windows at x - oh how stupid was I back then and how naive x and finally x and x speeds - in vain - I also created a bootable flash drive to use instead of DVD - did not make any difference - I tried testing and Windows 7 Installation is stuck on "Expanding Windows Files 0%" - is back removing my RAM one at a time changed slots etc - nope Memtest runs like a charm runs with windows utility Windows 7 Installation is stuck on "Expanding Windows Files 0%" - is back and in-bios utility - I tried to disable EVERYTHING in BIOS I could find - including support for legacy USB drives not when I was trying USB though - it would not find it Could not find any mentioning of Floppy or Tech Bridge Or K which helped some other people - I tried to eject-reinsert the DVD drive while installing as some people reported it helped - I even switched SATA cables swapped SATA cables and switched off everything else except for PS Keyboard even USB mouse was gone HDD and DVD - I formatted my HDD and I used both quot delete partition quot and quot format partition quot - on the dialogue where you choose where to install windows - Windows 7 Installation is stuck on "Expanding Windows Files 0%" - is back I booted from Boot Disk Utility to check HDD for bad sectors and format it again - Finally I tried some vodoo magic which apparently proved ineffective as well I am still sitting here and looking at quot Expanding Windows Files quot wondering if there is a chance for me to get this done My specs i- k - processor P S-C B Motherboard GeForce Ti video Gb x sticks Ram WD Blue GB HDD Would appreciate greatly any help and suggestions This same PC did not have any issues installing windows last year when I assembled it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installation-is-stuck-on-expanding-windows-files-0-is-back-739809.html
Relevancy 109.65%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hello, cheers to all of you who are trying to help!

Like the title says, I'm trying to install Windows 7 on Toshiba Equium and every time setup stops on the "Expanding Windows files (0%)". I've tried to google the solution but not a thing I tried helped.

Been there, done that list:
Memtest
Complete disk format (filling with 0's)
IDE/AHCI
Burning new DVDs
Using bootable USB
Debug mode
Reseting CMOS (default BIOS settings)
Selecting partition active with DISKPART
Do you have some other ideas other than what I've tried? In either way, I'm very thankful!

A:Windows 7 x86 and x64 installation stuck at "Expanding Windows Files"

Hello Cabbageman, welcome to Seven Forums!

The one thing you didn't mention is the probable suspect, where did the Windows installer you are using come from, perhaps that is the issue and securing another installer will sort it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248090-windows-7-x86-x64-installation-stuck-expanding-windows-files.html
Relevancy 108.36%

hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping
pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart
it's infinite i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time i tried it says : "disk error" or "disk read error"
even after i burn it to USB correctly, tried this on other pc and USB can load just fine.
i'm thinking, it's something wrong with my boot system in System Reserved, is there anyway i can do to fix this?

A:"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"

Hi,

Have you tried changing the boot sequence inside the BIOS?

Normally pressing F2 or F12 on the computer will solve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366393-windows-loading-files-infinite-loop-cant-boot-usb-disk-error.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Afternoon I'm a bit boggled by this issue we / 7 "mapped stuck files" "stand-by" files Windows Large in are having on a PC at our office It seems that the PC normally will boot up and the memory usage will be low GB GB until - minutes go by then it shoots up GB GB It's really odd and I can't explain it since no applications are started I took it upon myself and downloaded RamMap Using RamMap I was able to determine that the memory is caused by quot mapped files quot under quot file summary quot I Windows 7 Large files stuck in "mapped files" / "stand-by" can see the two large files which are to blame But I'm not able delete these currently until tomorrow to confirm the user doesn't need them What I'm looking for is an answer as to why these files seem to be singled out Thanks in advance I've included a screenshot to the RamMap findings and my understanding with how memory is handled is limited EDIT - I can see now only large file is being selected for quot mapped file quot

A:Windows 7 Large files stuck in "mapped files" / "stand-by"

Attachments -

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398103-windows-7-large-files-stuck-mapped-files-stand.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi yesterday I decided to format my Hp pc with an USB because my DVD Room is not working. First It worked but at select partion where to install OS it didn't work and I restarted PC and it stucked at windows is loading files. The problem is that I formated C and now I cant do a shit. Help please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394208-windows-7-stuck-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello I have a bit of a problem here Last night my roomate was using my computer and kicked my surge protector off The result was my computer wouldnt boot up I played with it for a couple of minutes turning it on and off Finally I opened the case and blew any dust out and tightened a few connectors Turned it back on again and it seemed to boot up normally I logged into my account and the desktop started to load up The icons began coming up and then it froze Control Alt Del would not work So I manually turned works Mode Loading" Stuck "Windows Safe on MCE '05: fine WinXP Screen. the computer off I attempted to boot up again and this time WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine when I typed in my password I got stuck on a quot Loading Preferences quot screen I attempted turning WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine the computer on and off a few times hoping XP was just having WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine an XP moment Not the case Next I tried booting in various safe modes Right now I m in Safe Mode with Network and it works perfectly I tried to restore to a last known setting didn t help I did it both via the list after hitting F and within safemode I played around with some account settings and now have it so I don t have to type in a password when logging in I tried booting up again and now I m stuck on the quot Windows Welcome quot screen Its terrible I ve done virus and adware scans Nothing has helped Right now I don t know what else to do I m not sure if I have the actual WinXP MCE CD I have to search for it but I m fairly sure it did not ship out with the computer Obviously the next step would be to reload Windows and hope it repairs the problem Otherwise I will obviously have to reformat Basically I m looking for any suggestions other than those two that may solve this problem My computer settings should be listed below Any other information required I d be happy to share Thank you in advanced nbsp

A:WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-mce-05-stuck-on-windows-loading-screen-safe-mode-works-fine.553864/
Relevancy 100.19%

My aunt just purchased a Dell Inspiron 3455 all-in-one. After Windows installed I would do the basic set-up and set-up the wi-fi connection. Afterwards it would reboot then when it goes to the Windows "just a moment..." screen with the circle of animated dots it will stay on that screen and not do anything. I left it for hours and nothing happened. I tried the installation again without setting up an internet connection and same thing happens. 
What can I do to fix this problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19984766
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello Last night I turned off my computer normally Windows" in "Starting CD - installation/repair Even Stuck in logo The only thing different was that it installed some updates before turning off This morning when I turned it on I noticed that it got stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot logo screen I turned it off forcing it and turned it on again and asked me if Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD I wanted to start normally or repair When I clicked repair it got stuck on the loading bar thing At first the f button Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD wouldn't work but after a few tries it did and I can't get in safe mode either it gets stuck I gave up and since the computer is pretty much new so I don't have much installed on it I decided to just reformat it but even in the disk it gets stuck I downloaded a repair disc and it is stuck in the loading bar with the Microsoft Corportation below EDIT So I noticed when opening it up that the mobo has a red light located in the front panel header thing next to it it says LED R I'm not completely sure what it means but with my luck it probably died on me Should i post this in the mobo's section It was probably the updates so if I could somehow get it to unistall last night's updates and maybe preventing it from updating again since I'm freaked out it will get fixed maybe The question is how System specs System Manufacturer Model Number Built it myself OS Windows CPU intel quad core ghz Motherboard xfx i sli nforce Memory gb corsair gaming memory Graphics Card s pny nvidia geforce gts Sound Card on board sound Monitor s Displays vizio plasma tv Hard Drive gb WD HDD PSU watt Corsair Case CM Cooling Thermaltake V Thanx in advance

A:Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD

Lot's of issues with this mobo: http://www.google.com/search?q=LED1+...ient=firefox-a

Go into the BIOS and reset the board to default values.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-starting-windows-logo-even-in-installation-repair-cd-489239.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem I have a dell studio laptop with regular specs windows home premium bit recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen the problem was a virus as it also messed with my windows essential antivirus Repair installation Setup" on Stuck "Starting Windows Screen-Unabl 7 2 Anyhow so i installed Avast antivirus and run Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair a boot time scan with showed some viruses the problem Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair is that by mistake i put a windows temp file into the antivirus chest After that scan my windows is unable to boot properly I firstly tried the suggested option of windows repair but its stuck indefinately on the blue flowers screen with no activity I tried to repair with a bootable copy of windows but its stuck on the point where the windows searches the present os installed the os is listed there but the curser shows up as the circling one and does not turn normal even after a long time i tried re-installing windows but the screen is stuck at the point after it prompts you to choose GMT the screen says quot Setup is starting quot indefinitely again the same circling cursor The dell diagnostics when run says that I have hard drive error no - I followed a post by Greggocker and was able to backup my data using Peppermint live linux os I also read him suggesting to change settings of BIOS but problem is that my BIOS Phoenix A Does not have many options to change anything that he said I may also not be able to access it due to lack of knowledge so if it seems the case the explain the same No matter what windows copy i use its stuck also Im not an expert with installing windows - and none of my friend was able to help too so PLZ HELP

A:Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair

Quote: Originally Posted by harsh93singh09

I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem.
I have a dell studio 15 laptop (1555) with regular specs windows 7 home premium 64 bit , recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen , the problem was a virus as it also messed with my windows essential antivirus.
Anyhow , so i installed Avast antivirus and run a boot time scan with showed some viruses , the problem is that by mistake i put a windows/temp file into the antivirus chest . After that scan my windows is unable to boot properly.
I firstly tried the suggested option of
1)windows repair but its stuck indefinately on the blue flowers screen with no activity
2)I tried to repair with a bootable copy of windows but its stuck on the point where the windows searches the present os installed , the os is listed there but the curser shows up as the circling one and does not turn normal even after a long time.
3)i tried re-installing windows but the screen is stuck at the point after it prompts you to choose GMT , the screen says "Setup is starting" indefinitely, again the same circling cursor
4)The dell diagnostics when run says that I have hard drive error no. 2000-0146
I followed a post by Greggocker and was able to backup my data using Peppermint live linux os
I also read him suggesting to change settings of BIOS, but problem is that my BIOS(Phoenix A07) Does not have many options to change anything that he said(I may also not be able to access it due to lack of knowledge so if it seems the case the explain the same)
No matter what windows copy i use its stuck!!
also Im not an expert with installing windows - and none of my friend was able to help too so

PLZ HELP

The copy of windows (Iso File ) Does not have any problem as it runs on other computers finely

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349522-windows-7-installation-stuck-starting-setup-screen-unabl-2-repair.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I SSD. installation" on windows new at "Completing 7 Stuck install bought a new SSD today It is a kingston v gb so I want Stuck at "Completing installation" install windows 7 on new SSD. to install windows on my new ssd I already have HDD installed One had the old windows so I install the SSD and do a complete rewiring of my pc because its to messy Then hooked up everything except the old HDD So i go to the bios and change the boot priority to my dvd drive but i notice that is doesnt detect my ssd I just proceed changing the setting to AHCI for TRIM Then reboot and go to the BIOS again Now it detect my SSD So i proceed install windows On the quot Where to install windows quot It says something like quot windows cant install on the drive quot cant remember I reboot the pc and enter the setup again and it went fine After reboot once it stuck at quot completing installation quot my mouse pointer wont hover Tried reinstalling it twice but still stuck there So i unplugged my ssd and just connect to my old HDD that has windows but now when it boot up on my old HDD it stuck on quot starting windows quot Did i do something wrong

A:Stuck at "Completing installation" install windows 7 on new SSD.

Now it doesnt posting. is my pc dead?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/267771-stuck-completing-installation-install-windows-7-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I installed an ocz vertex 4 ssd (256g model) into my msi gt70 laptop. A product key came with the laptop, and I've burned windows 7 to a disc. I made sure the ssd has priority in the BIOS too.

When I start up the installation, it gets to the "Installing updates" step, but doesn't progress any further, the laptop is effectively frozen on that step. I've tried re-installing a couple times now and it continues to get stuck on "Installing updates".

Do I need an active internet connection for this step by any chance?

A:Windows 7 64B installation stuck on "Installing updates"

Hello angrychair, welcome to Seven Forums!

You do not need 'active' internet to install.

Study the information and steps outlined in the tutorials linked below to sort through each in-turn and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

If the installer is one you acquired perhaps the ISO file is bad and another will work; or if you burned it to DVD, another burn is needed, use ImgBurn at no greater than x4 speed with a verify. ImgBurn Free ISO Burning Software
If the PC is capable, add the installation files to a USB stick and boot that for the install. USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245365-windows-7-64b-installation-stuck-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello Last night I turned off my computer normally The only thing different was that it installed in Installation Windows" in Stuck CD "Starting Even - the some updates before turning off This morning when I Stuck in "Starting Windows" - Even in the Installation CD turned it on I noticed that it got stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot logo screen I turned it off forcing it and turned it on again and asked me if I wanted to start normally or repair When I clicked repair it got stuck on the loading bar thing At first the f button wouldn't work but after a few tries it did and I can't get Stuck in "Starting Windows" - Even in the Installation CD in safe mode either it gets stuck I gave up and since the computer is pretty much new so I don't have much installed on it I decided to just reformat it but even in the disk it gets stuck I downloaded a repair disc and it is stuck in the loading bar with the Microsoft Corportation below EDIT So I noticed when opening it up that the mobo has a red light located in the front panel header thing next to it it says LED R I'm not completely sure what it means but with my luck it probably died on me It was probably the updates so if I could somehow get it to unistall last night's updates and maybe preventing it from updating again since I'm freaked out it will get fixed maybe The question is how System specs System Manufacturer Model Number Built it myself OS Windows CPU intel quad core ghz Motherboard xfx i sli nforce Memory gb corsair gaming memory Graphics Card s pny nvidia geforce gts Sound Card on board sound Monitor s Displays vizio plasma tv Hard Drive gb WD HDD PSU watt Corsair Case CM Cooling Thermaltake V Thanx in advance

A:Stuck in "Starting Windows" - Even in the Installation CD

Have you tried to start it again repeatedly hitting f8 and then choosing Safe Mode? If it will make it into Safe Mode you can revert back to a System Restore point, preferably prior to the updates.

Since you stated this to be a new PC I would also try and reseat all your RAM, cables and card since things get roughed up sometimes in shipping and problems don't always show up immediately, just be sure to remove power connection from the PC and to ground your hand by placing it on the power supply body for a few moments prior to touching anything else, if you have a grounding strap so much the better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/90563-stuck-starting-windows-even-installation-cd.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I've been browsing Google and these forums for ideas the last week as to why the the installation would hang at this point, but have found no solid answers that work. so far I've tried the following:
Unplugging all USB devices that aren't needed.
Updated Bios to the most recent version available and reset back to defaults.
Double check that all essential hardware is compatible with 64 bit ( the documentation I've found says that all of my hardware is ok).
Tried booting from DVD, burned at slowest speed.
Tried booting from USB.
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions with the same results

Any Ideas to why Windows hangs at the "completing installation" point?

A:Stuck on "completing installation" on Windows 7 X64

Quote: Originally Posted by halomaster

I've been browsing Google and these forums for ideas the last week as to why the the installation would hang at this point, but have found no solid answers that work. so far I've tried the following:
Unplugging all USB devices that aren't needed.
Updated Bios to the most recent version available and reset back to defaults.
Double check that all essential hardware is compatible with 64 bit ( the documentation I've found says that all of my hardware is ok).
Tried booting from DVD, burned at slowest speed.
Tried booting from USB.
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions with the same results

Any Ideas to why Windows hangs at the "completing installation" point?

RAID driver? Max mem or Max cpu checked. Has the dvd been successful in installing win 7 before?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/84227-stuck-completing-installation-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Good morning people of Seven Forums My laptop which is an Acer Apsire V - P touchscreen Windows laptop for some reason I cannot install Windows on another partition without any problems So I created a GB partition or so in Windows and tried to boot off of the Windows disk The first problem occurs and I cannot boot from the disk It gets stuck right when the Windows color balls are about Clean "Starting Stuck Windows Dual-Boot is Installation Windows" on 7 to get together I disabled secure boot and fast startup which means it cannot be the problem I Windows 7 Clean Dual-Boot Installation is Stuck on "Starting Windows" figured out a nice workaround to the problem I booted into Windows and started the Windows install from within Windows The install went smoothly on the partition Then after one hour of installing and going through the 'Expand Windows Files' and stuff boom I'm stuck on quot Starting Windows quot Windows is still bootable and a Windows option is available on the graphical Windows Boot Menu I have waited for up to hours before and it still cannot boot past this screen I have tried all sorts of Windows disks with no avail Many of them are disks that come from the Digital River ISOs provided here on Seven Forums So after about installs I decided to wait and wait until my computer goes past this step But no It has been stuck at quot Starting Windows quot for right under hours now I know from previous experiences that Windows does not take this long to install My desktop took around - minutes to install and I don't know what to do Thanks Matthew LCT a System Specifications Model Acer Aspire V - CPU Intel Core i RAM GB GB usable OEM OS Windows Home Edition x Year of Manufacture

A:Windows 7 Clean Dual-Boot Installation is Stuck on "Starting Windows"

Are you installing to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums?

If UEFI you may need to enable CSM or LEgacy BIOS to get Win7 to install, set UEFI First to Boot. Then you must choose the UEFI DVD choice to boot the disk.

Otherwise you can Bypass UEFI to Install WIn7.

If this is a normal BIOS then look over these steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums which overcome 90% of installation failures. However since wiping the HD is the most effective step if that is all you haven't tried you might want to save a Win8 backup image so you can wipe the drive and reapply it afterward to its own partition, add it from Win7 using EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required). It may still require Windows 8 Automatic Repair from the 8 installation media to get it to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329432-windows-7-clean-dual-boot-installation-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I torrented a windows install disc iso I burned it to a disc but when i tried to install windows it gets to quot expanding files quot and freezes at After that i "expanding files" but install 7 USB on at 0% works off Windows stuck tried using the exact same iso but from a thumb drive and it worked I tried the disc on multiple computers and it always sticks at on expanding files I have also reburned the iso multiple times and Windows 7 install stuck at 0% on "expanding files" but works off USB it still doesn't work If i use a jump drive it always works I know someone is gonna say that its the iso because i got it from a torrent but the same iso works from a usb drive so it cant be that I know someone is gonna say it is the optical drive but i have tried it on different computers with optical drives that i know work Windows 7 install stuck at 0% on "expanding files" but works off USB but it still sticks at so its not that Its also is not that i haven't waited long enough because i have left it for multiple hours and it still didn't move from I suspect Windows 7 install stuck at 0% on "expanding files" but works off USB that its an little feature in the burning program that i overlooked during the burn process Has anyone encountered this or know how to fix it

A:Windows 7 install stuck at 0% on "expanding files" but works off USB

I assume it has to do with the burn speed. If burned at anything higher than 1x, there is a chance of the disc being corrupted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/239901-windows-7-install-stuck-0-expanding-files-but-works-off-usb.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi all Sorry to repeat a question I see a lot of instances of but none of those seem to be addressing my problem correctly I have not done anything new to my computer in recent days so this problem has caught me off guard I see most instances of this problem come after upgrading to Windows I have had Win installed for a while now Here is a summary of my problem My computer recently got stuck on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot So I manually held the power button to reboot On reboot it said there was a need to run a startup repair which I did Everything checked fine except for the Corrupted" Windows", is on Repair "Starting Stuck Shows Disk Volume "System on last one which said quot System Volume on Disk is Corrupted quot which it claimed to have successfully fixed After rebooting from repair the system gets stuck on quot Starting Windows Screen quot for a good - minutes after which it runs a registry check After it completes that I get hopeful -- but the screen then gets stuck on an all black screen with just the mouse cursor and nothing more Additional note Attempting to start the computer on quot safe mode quot leads Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" safe mode startup to become stalled Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" on quot DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS quot The lastest attempt to repair yielded this message quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature uknown quot AutoFailover Corrupt Volume OS Version Locale Id In need of help not sure where to start Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted"

Hi Stan, Hopefully I can help you out....or at least lead you in the right direction. From my experience, the symptoms you are suggesting sound like perhaps a dying Hard drive.

1. Do you have the windows 7 boot disks that came with your computer or when you bought the Operating System? If so, you could try and insert one of those and boot from it, and attempt to repair the installation. (this won't affect your data, only the windows system files).

2. If that doesn't fix it, you could try a fresh reinstall of windows 7, and see if that works.

3. If neither of those work, its likely that because of the fact that when windows is repairing itself, it is generally putting copies of its system files in the same physical location on your disk. Because your disk is obviously not completely dead, ie....its still loading to the windows 7 startup screen, its just copying files to the bad sectors on your hard drive and gets stuck when loading. This is especially my guess because you said Safe mode is having same problems, even after attempting to repair. In the past, I've tried and salvage a disk by reformatting it and only leaving on partitions which do not contain the bad clusters. This takes some time, and some guess work.....and really this is only a "bandaid" fix because once the disk has bad clusters, its only a matter of time before these things give out. You wouldn't want to trust your important data on it anyways....

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-starting-windows-repair-shows-system-volume-on-disk-is-corrupted.1023059/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi everyone,
I have had a search around for the issue I am having but I find it hard to explain.

I currently run windows of a crucial m400 SSD and it used to boot in less than a minute. More recently (and apparently overnight) boot time became several minutes.

I turned on verbose boot and it loads the files very quickly (just scans quickly infront of me) and then when it comes to the screen that reads the following (and see attached):

"Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

8 System Processors [8184 MB Memory] Multiprocessor Kernel"

It sits there for several minutes before then loading the desktop.

I am unsure how to diagnose this issue further and would greatly appreciate some guidance onto how to drill down into this further.

Thanks,
Chalima

A:2mins delay during boot after "loading windows files" before Desktop

Hello and welcome Chalima if you haven't done these already you could start with this SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
then
Disk Check
onto this Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

You could just quickly check in msconfig what you have starting at boot too I just keep security ticked (try first)

Start > type msconfig > right click run as admin > check the Start as in pic .

Plus you always have my favourite Optimize Windows 7[2]=Performance Maintenance

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/294439-2mins-delay-during-boot-after-loading-windows-files-before-desktop.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have an Acer Aspire 5750-6677. I3-2310m. It has been performing the startup repair for over a day. It's now, finally (I think), saying "windows is loading files". It has been doing this for HOURS! Can I simply turn it off and attempt a different method or will that make it worse? BTW: it came with zero discs of any kind when I purchased it new in July 2011. I appreciate any time you are able to give. This is my work comp too and I can't lose the info that's on it.

A:Startup repair info while "windows is loading files"

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot which disinfect then attempt to repair system files to start Win7.

If these fail the steps work up to copying out your files to run Factory Recovery or Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/229413-startup-repair-info-while-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a laptop with Vista 32bit and recently I haven't been able to start it. I turn it on and it gets to the black and white "windows is loading files" bar and it just freezes and beeps at random points. The computer will continue beeping until I have to hold the power button down to shut it off. I've tried booting from a flash drive and it still gives me the same problem. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Thank you.

A:Computer freezes and beeps at "windows is loading files"

BIOS beeps - http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2789807-post8.html

Run HDD diagnostics - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-and-beeps-at-windows-is-loading-files-533389.html
Relevancy 95.46%

This is my first time being on these forums If this is the wrong place to post about this I apologize in advance Background on how this all started vvvvvv I have a hp pavilion dm laptop with windows home premium OS This laptop is about a year and months old Warranty has expired months ago my laptop started making Startup is Files".Cant mode safe repair Loading start "Windows after this loud fan noise I checked the CPU's temperature through software and it was at F which i thought was normla I decided to sit my laptop higher by stacking books underneath it I dropped the laptop on Startup repair after "Windows is Loading Files".Cant start safe mode accident because I was sweaty and nervous The fan noise stopped That caught my attention Every time the Startup repair after "Windows is Loading Files".Cant start safe mode fan became loud my FPS for the games I was playing lowered That made me mad and frustrated I remembered once the laptop was tapped a little the fan would stop and my performance would go back to normal The tap eventually progressed into a light smack then to a hard smack I smacked my laptop everytime this happened because of frustration Im and i do dumb things a lot Last week the fan just continued and would never stop I didnt stop smacking it either Situation vvv So today I tried to smack the laptop as little as i could and then my laptop froze It stayed frozen for about minute Then I restarted my laptop When it was rebooting I saw a screen I have never encountered before quot Windows is Loading Files Screen quot I waited patiently and the fan of my laptop continued to be loud Then for about a second and a half i see the Windows is starting screen but there is no windows logo Then the screen turns gray and quot Startup repair quot thing comes on I waited an hour and I got frustrated and turned off the laptop by holding the power button I restarted and Same thing happens with the loading files and startup repair This is what happens when I start my laptop Windows is Loading Files happens I see the windows is loading without windows logo for about sec Startup repair happens I press cancel right away on startup repair to see if it would do anything Nothing happens The startup repair window is there and I cant do anything A command prompt window is on the bottom left of the screen but I cant type anything in there I cant boot to safemode and I have a lot of data that isnt backed up or saved somewhere else I dont want to loose this data What must I do What is the safest way to get back on to the desktop and get back to my normal activities Help I will try to look at this thread as much as i can refreshing it and all Thanks

A:Startup repair after "Windows is Loading Files".Cant start safe mode

Welcome to the Forum.
It sound like the first problem is overheating. This can cause many more problems all by itself.
If it was my laptop I would take it apart and clean completely. I would also check the operation of the fan. (If in doubt replace the fan).
If you don't feel comfortable taking the laptop apart and cleaning I would take it to a shop.
You must not use the laptop until the cooling problem is solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/306338-startup-repair-after-windows-loading-files-cant-start-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 95.03%

So I just got home today, turned my computer on and all I see is an infinite loop.
I use a Dell XPS 7100. I didn't install anything in the past month, this just came out of nowhere.
I did a little searching and found my only option is to system restore.
However it doesn't allow me to enter the F8 repair options, only F2 and F12.
I do however have my windows 7 OS disc. I tried calling Dell tech support and they're asking $129 to guide me through a system restore... Yeah, no.
If there's anything I can do please tell me, and if my only option is a system restore, please link me to a proper guide that includes using the operating disc.

A:Windows 7 "Window's is loading files.." Loop!

Instructions here: option 2 . quite a long way down the page - from BOOT
System Restore
Download here: Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Try a system restore from the booted dvd/usb. If you end up doing a clean reinstall, you will need product key. You shoulc have one on a stiker on the machine, perhaps under the battery.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310670-windows-7-windows-loading-files-loop.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Computer is a couple years old self built no issues Watching hulu and suddenly there's a crackling sound a flash of light and screen freezes not bsod just total freeze No biggie reboot Won't Files" is from on "Windows DVD Loading Install freezes reboot Get's to quot Starting Windows quot and freezes Figured it's a ram or hard drive issue Long story short quick trip to Fry's put in brand new hard drive amp one stick of brand new ram completely took out old ram and old hard drives Took out wireless card unplugged all usb Install from DVD freezes on "Windows is Loading Files" except for new usb wired keyboard Put in Window's installation DVD boot from CDRom it gets to quot Windows is loading files quot and about the third time it completes a status bar it freezes there I've rebooted a few times same issue Swapped out the one new ram for the second stick that came in the pack same thing So not hard drive not ram not wireless card not any usb thingy plugged in system temps have been fine lately Based on the sudden noise flash seems like a hardware thing but can't pinpoint System Specs Antec case corsair W power supply Gigabit UDP motherboard intel i - evga GeForce GTX vid card and as of tonight a corsair gb ddr x ram and wd caviar green tb hard drive Any ideas I'm going to try to take out the video card pita in the mean time THX

A:Install from DVD freezes on "Windows is Loading Files"

Could easily be the mboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/253658-install-dvd-freezes-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a freshly built computer All new loading Setup after hangs is files..." "Windows internal parts HD DVD drive MoBo video card processor PSU RAM and case Here is a list of all the parts that are in it Newegg com - Once You Know You Newegg I also have a fresh copy of Windows OEM All parts are plugged in properly Setup hangs after "Windows is loading files..." and bios set up correctly as far as I can tell The only bios that aren't at default that I can remember off the top of my head was that I disabled the floppy section don't have one I raised the clock speed of my CPU to up from and I enabled my CPU to raise - capacity under heavy loads Everything saved Setup hangs after "Windows is loading files..." properly and my CPU runs at roughly degrees C Not nearly as cool as my old rig but not that bad The default settings had it running half a degree cooler Opened up the case popped it in booted from CD-ROM and a black screen comes up and says quot Windows is loading files quot A bar fills up really fast and after it finishes it resets and starts filling up again much slower Once this bar fills up however the computer hangs and sits there I've let it sit for over minutes with no change The only notable thing that happens is about seconds after it fills the bar the DVD drive has some activity and then it goes silent for the rest of the time Any ideas Again this is a completely fresh system All the hardware pieces are brand new and I was able to go through and do bios without issue

A:Setup hangs after "Windows is loading files..."

Quote: Originally Posted by NonMagical

I have a freshly built computer. All new internal parts (HD, DVD drive, MoBo, video card, processor, PSU, RAM and case). Here is a list of all the parts that are in it:

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

I also have a fresh copy of Windows 7 OEM.

All parts are plugged in properly, and bios set up correctly (as far as I can tell). The only bios that aren't at default that I can remember off the top of my head was that I disabled the floppy section (don't have one), I raised the clock speed of my CPU to 2.8 (up from 2.66), and I enabled my CPU to raise 9-11% capacity under heavy loads.

Everything saved properly, and my CPU runs at roughly 35 degrees C. Not nearly as cool as my old rig but not that bad. The default settings had it running half a degree cooler.

Opened up the 7 case, popped it in, booted from CD-ROM, and a black screen comes up and says "Windows is loading files..." A bar fills up really fast, and after it finishes it resets and starts filling up again, much slower. Once this bar fills up however, the computer hangs and sits there. I've let it sit for over 10 minutes with no change. The only notable thing that happens is about 30 seconds after it fills the bar the DVD drive has some activity, and then it goes silent for the rest of the time.

Any ideas? Again, this is a completely fresh system. All the hardware pieces are brand new and I was able to go through and do bios without issue.

Yep run the CPU at stock speeds. Also sometimes OS need to be installed with minimum ram (go figure) so you may want to yank all but 1 gig

In Msconfig, make sure max cpu, and max ram are unchecked.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/94395-setup-hangs-after-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi peeps,

I'm in dire need of help

Been having this problem for days now sadly

I'm trying to install win7 and it won't finish up the "windows is loading files". It stops eventually no matter what progress.

One time though is that it gives me that the "BOOTMGR" is missing.

Take note that this is a fresh install, the hddsk has no other OS. How can I fix this?

Below are my system specs:

Phenom II 550BE
J&W Minix 780G
4gb sodimm team elite ram
1tb westen digital
dvd-rw

any thoughts?

Relevancy 95.03%

Hello....
I just completed a "Clean ReInstall" of Win 7 (Pro) 64 bit.
on a Lenovo E545 Think Pad 2 months New, **Came with both Win 7 Pro/Win 8.1 Pro Discs
(the Clean Install was done to remove a Virus that would not allow me to Update)

With all Bios set to Start from the DVD 1st.
No peripheral attached
Bios is Set to Factory Defaults (Except with the DVD player being 1st)
This is my THIRD SET of Recovery DVD's from Lenovo

What I get is the DVD starts (I tested the DVD on another Machine, It is Good)
The E545 goes to the Windows Loading page and freezes.
"Normal Startup" (Not working) goes to colored Icon page and stops.

Any suggested Help is Much Needed

Thank You Steve

A:Boot Up Freezes at "Windows Loading Files"

Hi Steve -

Did you disable Secure Boot in BIOS setup? This is required to install Win7 on a Win8 PC. Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7. Then boot the installation DVD as a UEFI device, delete all partitions during install.

I would not use a Factory Recovery disk as this includes all of the bloatware which interferes with WIn7 performance. Instead follow these steps to do a Clean Reinstall Windows 7. It discusses in Step 1 how to find safe reinstallation media for your licensed version.

However if the PC came with Win8, then most likely any Win7 media is a clean Installation disk without the bloatware, perhaps with some branding and self-activation included if there was no COA sticker provided with the Win7 Product Key due to it being a 7 Downgrade. Either way you don't want the added crap.

If problems persist please take a picture of your install media, if possible check its size on disk in another PC and provide a screenshot of file content. Also in BIOS setup let us see settings related to EFI, UEFI, CSM, Legacy BIOS, Secure Boot and Boot order. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/371217-boot-up-freezes-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Microsoft Office 2016 won't finish installing, it has been stuck on "finalizing installation. This may take a few minutes" for over a half an hour now. the progress bar is about three quarters full and has been for more than a half an hour. I googled the problem but only junk results came up. I googled the message again in quotes but only results pertaining to Office XP and Windows XP showed up, way too old and outdated to be of any relevance now days.

Can anybody help me get the ball rolling?

This is an ASUS T100TA Windows tablet

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54213-office-2016-installation-stuck-finalizing-installation.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I just replaced my old hard drive with a new 1TB due to a hard drive because my old hard drive failed. I am attempting to run an installation of Windows 7 and once I set my #1 boot device to my DVD drive and insert boot media, it begins to load at the "Windows is loading files" screen with a full progress bar. It stew,s to be stuck at this screen. What should I do?
I have tried:
-Removing 1 Ram stick
My specs are
Processor: Phenom ii x4 965 BE
GPU: Radeon 7770
Corsair 650W
8gb Ram
ASRock 970 E3 Motherboard
New Hard Drive: WD Black Desktop Hardrive 1TB

A:Installation stuck at "Windows is loading files"

Prevfious posts on this matter...have been merged into one topic.

You can pursue that topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484007/my-computer-wont-boot-help/#entry2966290 .

This topic is closed to prevent confusion.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486537/installation-stuck-at-windows-is-loading-files/
Relevancy 94.6%

Ok I have just Windows 7 stuck loading files installation after bought a new PC hours ago I have bought everything GPU CPU MOBO RAM PSU CASE only thing I did not buy was a HDD and DVD-Rom Because I own both and both are only months old So I have put the new Parts together Then went to old PC Formatted C Windows 7 installation stuck after loading files drive Then added HDD and DVD ROM from old PC to New one Booted and everything was fine except ofc no windows so Windows 7 installation stuck after loading files gave the boot msgr is missing thingy So I put in my Windows DVD Set it to boot from DVD It boots Goes through the quot Loading Files quot Then it shows me the Windows logo and stays there for a small while Then it suddenly turns black with a small gray bar at the bottom and thats it it stays there forever and after some mins I can even here the DVD stops running I have uploaded a PIC to help u understand Also I tried installing from USB flash drive and same problem Help Here is the PIC of where I am stuck at Notice the barely visible gray bar at bottom Here are the parts I bought http oi tinypic com aoar jpg Sorry for it being sideways but not much to be seen anywayz XFX Pro W ATI AMD FX GB of DDR RAM AsRock Extreme Motherboard Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-I Case nbsp

A:Windows 7 installation stuck after loading files

Make sure you have the bios set to the default settings. Is the hard drive SSD or SATA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-installation-stuck-after-loading-files.181621/
Relevancy 94.17%

i have a Toshiba satellite l355-s7812 and when i go to boot it up it goes from the toshiba logo to a screen that says "windows is loading files" and then it goes back and keeps trying over and over again

PLEASE HELP!

A:"windows is loading files" and i don't have my restore cd!

hi this is a laptop so should have a recovery partition for details on how to access this area of your laptop go to http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.c...UPPORT_PORTAL/ and input your model in the search tool you will find the info on how to use the recovery area hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-is-loading-files-and-i-dont-have-my-restore-cd-334052.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Everytime I try to install windows, it skips the "Copying Window Files" within a couple of seconds to 100%. I've tried burning the disc image from another computer and even at a slower rate since I thought the disc was corrupt but this didn't help either. I even tried a bootable USB, no luck too. Even though the installation completes, I get to the screen where it says setting up computer for first time then it restarts never getting to the actual desktop screen. If anyone can help me out that'd be great

A:Windows Installation skips "Copying Window Files"

The Copying Files quickness is normal. The problem may be with a driver starting up.

Try entering the Device Manager during install to disable any erroring (!) drivers - likely the display driver: Device Manager - Access During Windows 7 Installation

If that fails wipe the HD before reinstall with Diskpart Clean Command to get the cleanest possible slate.

Make sure you're waiting long enough for it start after reboot. Sometimes there can be delays.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/266209-windows-installation-skips-copying-window-files.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I am stuck on "Start Windows normally" and "Launch startup repair"
When I choose "Start Windows Normally",it gives me blue screen with the following error:Unmountable_Boot_Volume.On "Launch startup repair" I am stuck on the Windows 7 wallpaper with cursor and can't even open Cmd trough Shift+F10.I've tried re-installing windows from USB stick and I am also stuck on "Setup is Starting".Any help please,and how much I am screwed?
P.S-On Advanced boot options I can't use Safe Mode,Safe Mode with Networking,Safe Mode with Command prompt and Last Known Good Configuration,it gets me back to "Start Windows Normally" and "Launch startup repair".

A:Stuck on "Start Windows normally" and "Launch startup repair"

Time to boot to an external testing/repair environment, such as a Win7 Repair disk or a hard drive test disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365597-stuck-start-windows-normally-launch-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 93.74%

To the mods locking/merging my posts. This is an entirely different problem than from my previous posts.
-------
I just replaced my old hard drive with a new 1TB due to a hard drive because my old hard drive failed. I am attempting to run an installation of Windows 7 and once I set my #1 boot device to my DVD drive and insert boot media, it begins to load at the "Windows is loading files" screen with a full progress bar. It stew,s to be stuck at this screen. What should I do?
I have tried:
-Removing 1 Ram stick
-Loading BIOS Defaults
-Using an external CD Drive
My specs are
Processor: Phenom ii x4 965 BE
GPU: Radeon 7770
Corsair 650W
8gb Ram
ASRock 970 E3 Motherboard
New Hard Drive: WD Black Desktop Hardrive 1TB

A:Stuck at "Windows is loading files" screen during installation

You are missing the point...that being the origin and ensuing actions that you have taken regarding this one computer.

IMO, in order for anyone to properly respond to your situation...they need to see the complete story.

The complete story is available and summarized as told by you...in the original topic.  The fact that you initiated other topics about the same issues regarding this one computer...is misleading, IMO, to anyone trying to answer intelligentlyt.

The fact that you repeat the same data 1,000 times...won't change my belief that all your attempts reiterating the same facts about this one system...need to be in one topic, as it is currently.  That topic remains open for the benefit of all who would attempt to get the complete story, not just part of it.

I don't know why you should object to such, but...it seems that you do.

This topic is now closed, since it amounts to duplication of the topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484007/my-computer-wont-boot-help/#entry2966290 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486598/stuck-at-windows-is-loading-files-screen-during-installation/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello this is driving me crazy so if you happen to know something or someone who knows something about this please help this aftertnoon I tried to re-install some Windows help: "Expanding stops at Please Installation Files 0%" games on my desktop computer a recently assembled computer with intel i cpu kingston ddr gb memroy chip western digital TB HDD and Pioneer DVD RW running on windows ultimate bit because I couldn't load my saved games properly but I put my game disc in the DVD ROM during the installation I had numerous instances of quot corrupt data source quot or quot I O Error quot and the like I had no such problem the first time I installed the games using these discs about month ago I tried putting these discs in my other laptop everything went smoothly I suspect it is something wrong with my OS so I started to re-install windows probably the worst mistake I made this week i inserted the windows disc everything was fine at the Please help: Installation stops at "Expanding Windows Files 0%" beginning computer loaded the files went into installation screen i selected the language amp locations accepted license agreement selected the partition to install then clicked next this is where problem started loading windows files finished immediatley but expanding windows files took forever It stayed at for like minutes I thought maybe this is how it was supposed to be so I left it there and went to the market I was back hour later and it was at I thought this was rediculous so I powered off the machine and ran the installation disc again same problem I used the same disc on the same computer months ago and everything was smooth I tweaked my BIOS here and there and re-run the installation a few times the problem persisted So if someone have experienced similar problems or know what caused this please help I suspect it's either a problem with the DVD ROM or memory chips I'm considering buying new ones to replace them Forgot to mention the computer was running smoothly before except for one minor issue everytime I start the machine after it has been powered off for longer than hours estimated it gave an error or blue screen while entering windows welcome logon screen If it's only been powered off for a few hours I don't get this problem And when I get the problem pressing 'reset' button only sends it in an endless loop of the same pattern I had to power off and then power on again then the computer runs smoothly like nothing ever happened I've had this problem since day months ago and tried numerous means but never managed to get rid of it Because it wasn't too great an issue and I couldn't even demonstrate it to my vendors because I bought parts and assembled them myself and couldn't figure out which part is causing this also because I have to leave it powered off for a fixed amount time and then press start for this problem to occur I sort of learnt to live with it But now i suspect it might also be the memory chips And my system specs is here Intel i CPU on Intel H Motherboard x Kingston DDR GB Memory chips which i suspect is causing the problem Western Digital TB HDD SATA Pioneer DVD RW IDE ATI HD Graphic card PCI-E

A:Please help: Installation stops at "Expanding Windows Files 0%"

Here you read these two threads ?

Questions to use for help with Installation Issues

Common Installation Problems and Their Solutions

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/109264-please-help-installation-stops-expanding-windows-files-0-a.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi everyone!
I've been trying to install Windows 7 on my ancient machine but it just won't install. I have run the upgrade assistant on the machine which currently runs on Windows XP SP3 x86 and it said the PC was compatible.
First I tried doing a clean setup by booting directly from disk, but the setup stopped at "Starting Windows." Next I tried installing by running autoplay, but that installation got stuck at the same point (after the PC rebooted, at "Starting Windows").
I have done a Google search and tried disabling legacy usb support from the BIOS settings, but that isn't working either.
I'd really appreciate any help I could get, thanks!

A:Windows 7 Installation Stuck at "Starting Windows"

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. (If an EFI BIOS you'll need to decide if you want UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS. If UEFI follow these special steps for Install, otherwise enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module to proceed with normal install.) Set DVD drive first to boot, HD second, set SATA controller to AHCI, Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into Windows 7 installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here. Your installer is suspect so replace it now.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10, or enter System Recovery Options to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. You are creating the partition here for the purpose of wiping the HD and marking Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/299807-windows-7-installation-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I've had this problem for 3 days now, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Whenever I go to shut down my computer, I'm always stuck in "shutting down" or "restarting" with the circle loading animation playing below it. I'd leave it on throughout the whole day, and the computer would just never turn off, forcing me to hold the power button every time.

I need some solutions, because I've already tried a lot of things

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61858-computer-will-not-shut-down-stuck-shutting-down-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I just installed a new motherboard into my compaq preserio and when the computer starts up I am greeted with a black screen that says "loading operating system...". When I plug the original motherboard in I am greeted with a black screen, nothing happens after that. I have already installed the new motherboard's drivers but thats was when it crashed. I ran a diagnostic on it and it gave me error BIOHD 3, which I believe means that the drivers couldnt be found. So I am stuck at a stand still until I can find a fix.

A:Stuck at black screen that says "loading operating system"

Usually, after a motherboard change, a Clean Install Windows 7 is needed .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205422-stuck-black-screen-says-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello everybody. Installing Win7 Home Premium x64 on a new 1TB from the offical DVD, and the computer hangs at "Setup is starting services" Only running with 2GB of ram in. My video card is a nvidia 9800 GT 1GB, and i've tried it with an older nvidia 8800, with the same issue. I don't have any USB devices hooked up besides my keyboard and mouse. I've tried reinstalling twice with the same issue. I've also tried using the "VGA 640 x 480" option in the F8 boot menu. Safe mode just says I need to complete setup first, and restarts.

Any suggestions?

A:Stuck at "Setup is loading System Devices"

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You have done some good trouble shooting already.

By 'offical DVD' do you mean MS DVD or MS ISO file burned to DVD?

Are you using the Clean install or Upgrade method?

What mother board are you using?
Try with one of the other RAM modules. Have you done a memtest?

Do you have on board graphics? Try installing with that if possible.
Try with VGA cable if possible.

Have you checked for updated BIOS version?

Any Over Clocking of the RAM, CPU or GPU?

You might try running Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, this might find any hardware, settings and device issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30820-stuck-setup-loading-system-devices.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 92.02%

Yes, I have seen this question asked before but to be honest I have no idea what anyone is talking about. I just built the DiabloTek Barebones Kit. It was all going smoothly until the software came into play. I got a little over zealous and popped in the drivers disk right away, which seemed to work fine and when it was done asked if I'd like to "backup" or "restart". I chose to restart. When it rebooted it booted with "Loading operating system..." and that's where it sits. I have set the first boot device to CDROM and shut off the other two, I also tried clearing the CMOS, nothing is working.

Help a brother out...

A:Stuck in "Loading operating system"

ok, you have set the boot order to boot from CD...thats fine..why did you turn off the other 2 boot options? you need to boot from the hard drive once the OS is installed. so i would re activate the second boot option to your hard drive and take your driver cd out of the drive before booting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-loading-operating-system.1062732/
Relevancy 92.02%

This is almost identical situation as the previous post with this name, only with these differences:

- if I hit ENTER, then the destop appears immediately and I am able to start working.

- There are 3 users on this computer, all administrators, and this happens with 2. I can only logon normally with one user.

I have already tried the following, with no success:

- created another user. Same thing happened.
- removed AutoLogon through Control userpasswords2 feature. No changes in behavior.
- turned off all non essencial programs affecting the booting process. No changes in behavior.

Windows is activated. No problems here.
Also no wsaupdater.exe issue here.

Don't know what to do next...

Appreciate any help.

CMF

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-loading-personal-settings-2-a-69412.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello all - Trying to install windows on a different partition to multi-boot with windows xp sp Downloaded the quot - x fre client en-us Retail Ultimate-GRMCULFRER EN DVD iso quot file and burned a DVD Booted from the disc and all loading" Stuck "Setup at is :-( screen.. went well with the quot press any key to boot from CD or DVD quot quot setup is copying files quot Post this screen the windows logo appeared and it took about minutes for the screen where you choose your language etc to appear Then comes trouble The screen remained idle for Stuck at "Setup is loading" screen.. :-( about another minutes before the quot Setup is loading quot appeared and it stops here forever pls help Note I tried installing from my pen drive as well but the same exact result The information requested as below Current Operating System pre-install Do you have a single OS on your computer are you planning on multi-booting with this installation - Yes Are you multi-booting now - NoCurrent Hardware How many internal hard drives HD are connected to your system - One Are they IDE or SATA SATA How many DVD drives are connected to your system - One Are they IDE or SATA Drives - IDE Any external HDs used - No Are they connected by USB or eSATA - NA Check Disk Management for any HDs listed with a yellow triangle and explanation point - Checked and none found Is this a New Clean HD - No Have you pre-formatted the HD - Yes the partition im trying to install Windows on is an empty GB NTFS partition Windows installation details Which build number and version of Windows are you installing - - x fre client en-us Retail Ultimate-GRMCULFRER EN DVD iso Are you installing a bit x or bit x OS - bit Where did you get the ISO file from www mydigitallife infoInstallation Media Using a USB memory key - Tried this one too From another partition or hard disk - No From a DVD - YesThe procedure and speed of burning the ISO to DVD has been the most frequent cause of installation failure How did you burn the DVD Briefly describe the steps you used - Inserted a blank DVD into the writer just clicked the ISO and clicked Next Which ISO burning software did you use - Nero startsmart At what burning speed and with Verify checked - x Other Any Over Clocking of the RAM or CPU - No

A:Stuck at "Setup is loading" screen.. :-(

Anybody any suggestions? I have seen a couple of threads with the same problem but no solution has been mentioned there as well

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/28682-stuck-setup-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hey guys! So umm, there's something wrong with the computer I can start the computer, click on my user icon, type in my password, and that's it. It says "loading personal settings" and it just stops there. My mouse doesn't freeze or anything but that's where it stops. It doesnt move for hours.. well after a few hours I just gave up and and turned it off. I could go into safe mode but it's really slow. I tried running defrag in DOS mode and umm.. it's still stuck at 24% I also tried restoring configurations back to a certain date when it was working fine but that didnt help. Should my last resort be FORMATTING O_O? Anyone out there who might know a solution? If you do please and thank you

A:stuck at "Loading Personal Settings"

Hello and Welcome to TSF

It sounds like you either didn't activate windows within the
30 day grace period or you ran into some spyware and it corrupted
a registry key or file.
Try a repair installation if you forgot to activate Windows within the 30 day grace period. This will reinstall Windows XP to your computer and your programs
and most of your settings will be just like you left them.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=315341

In some cases the spyware has corrupted a registry value on
clean up.

Now you will need to boot with the Windows XP CD to the recovery console, and copy userinit.exe to wsaupdater.exe. And then you may be able to boot back normally and repair the registry entry.

So boot from your WinXP CD and when you reach the setup screen, press R to start the Recovery Console.

Choose the installation to log on to (if there's just one, hit enter). When prompted for password, just hit enter unless you have set a password for the user "Administrator" (it's blank by default in XP)

When you get logged onto the Recovery Console, go to c:\windows\system32 (or wherever Windows is installed).

Use the following commands.
cd \windows\system32
copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe

Take the CD out of the drive, and type exit to quit the recovery console and restart Windows normally

Next if your booted up normally go to Start, Run, type regedit and navigate
to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit
the key value should be your_drive_letter:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
and yes the , should be on the end.

Worked4me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-loading-personal-settings-67371.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Please help me. I have Windows XP SP3, and when I start my PC up it gets stuck at "Loading your personal settings..." I've left it for over 2 hours, it still hasn't loaded. I've tried Safe Mode and Last known good configuration, but to no luck.

A:Stuck at "Loading your personal settings.."

Sounds like your profile has become corrupt. Do you have any other accounts you can sign in with that have admin credentials?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-loading-your-personal-settings-661244.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello there when the desktop loads up I get this strange message quot Open With Choose the program you want to use to open this file File Media quot Does anyone have any ideas why I have a screenshot of the programs which run at startup I have a HiJackThis log With: ?" bit, 7 32 when "Open Media" up comes Windows loading "File: if it helps Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Program Files Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe C Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Media Centre AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Windows system mspaint exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files HiJackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO RoboForm BHO - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Bing Bar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll - - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext d... Read more

A:Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up

There must be an error with one of the startup settings.
Please use Autoruns by Sysinternals/Microsoft to see more info about Programs loading with your system.
Pay attention to Logon tab.

Looks like for some reason it is trying to load a folder as a file. "Media" is a part of a folder path.
Try to uncheck all values,where Media is a part of the path.

Also, please check for viruses with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Download
or Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/165917-windows-7-32-bit-when-loading-open-file-media-comes-up.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi,

I was browsing the internet, and suddenly my computer rebooted itself. When it was loading up again, its gets to the dell inspiron logo, then cuts off to a page where all it says is "windows is loading files..." and a progress bar below it. the progress bar completes, and its start the loop again, to the inspirion logo, and back to the "windows is loading files"

When the ispiron logo is up, i can click f2 (setup) or click f12 (reboot option) but this is all i am able to do.

Can anyone help me with a solution, or has anyone seen this before?

Cheers

A:Windows 7 Reboot loop: "Windows is loading files..."

Did you update any software/ hardware before the reboot? You could have been hit with a virus if it happened randomly.

Did you create a system repair disk? Or if you have a system reserved partition keep tapping F8 on reboot until you get the repair my computer option.

Try booting into Safe Mode first.

Also you can enter System Recovery Mode (repair my computer) and do a System Restore to before the problem occurred.

Safe Mode

System Restore

System Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/226220-windows-7-reboot-loop-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi All Upon trying to install MS Office from the CD D drive it pauses about of the way and I can hear and slightly feel the CD quot skipping quot making repetitive thud New CD Drive Installation Software "stuck." needed? sounds I have to continually open the CD drive and close it to keep it going New CD Drive needed? Software Installation "stuck." but then installation tops until New CD Drive needed? Software Installation "stuck." about where the CD just skips I tried moving the contents of the CD onto my C drive and install from there but that doesn t seem to work correctly I don t know why my CD drive is now skipping - this happened only once about months ago when I installed a game - but that was easily fixed by simply reinstalling the nd time All my movies dvds music CD s play fine so why is it different with this MS Office I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop using Windows Do I need new drivers or is it simply a faulty DVD drive If it s the latter how hard is it to change and do I have to get the specific one for my laptop Thanks much and anything is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

Hi there I don't know if anyone out there has had this similar problem I bought a new hard drive began to install windows xp unfortunately I hadn't realised that the New "Error Installation operating system" loading - [SOLVED] power socket for the hard drive was plugged into the slave socket of [SOLVED] "Error loading operating system" - New Installation my standby saver and it switched off as the setup was beginning [SOLVED] "Error loading operating system" - New Installation the formatting section [SOLVED] "Error loading operating system" - New Installation of the windows xp install I rebooted the hard drive and now all that appears in an error saying quot Error loading operating system quot AHHHHHHHHH I have tried to reboot with the windows disc in the hard drive and also tried installing the disc when the error message appears NOTHING I have went onto a couple of other forum sites and it looks as though I may have to change the BIOS but some others say do not do this unless all else fails I have been directed to the techsupportforum as I have been told that if anyone knows it will be on this forum site PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help I am at my wits end and don't know what to do now I forgot to mention on boot up my MSI motherboard goes through the motions them almost immediately the error message appears

A:[SOLVED] "Error loading operating system" - New Installation

clear the drive with killdisk

then format and install

http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-and-quot-error-loading-operating-system-and-quot-new-installation-473736.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi i recently built a computer with an abit an- mobo a gb maxtor hdd mb of ram and a radeon anyway I was booting up for the first time with the OS winxp home in the cdrom rom drive everything was going peachy until it System" Operating finished But "Error Xp - Loading never installation came to formatting the hard drive it took about an hour or so but when it was complete an error came up saying that it was unsuccsessful and the disk may be damaged i then tried a quot quick format quot and then the setup decided that the disk wasnt "Error Loading Operating System" - But Xp never finished installation inserted into the cdrom drive giving up i quit setup and rebooted on the next cycle on startup a message quot error loading operating system quot popped up and now wont go away what can i do to stop this and what can i do next time to make setup sucessful Thanks alot any input it much appreciated i have found similar posts but all of them are problems happening after winxp was installed from friends input it seems my hard drive needs to be reformatted but i cant get to it anyway ive tried to boot dos fdisk and maxpower from the cdrom drive but to no preveil once "Error Loading Operating System" - But Xp never finished installation again any input is really appreciated ime a real noob and am probably missing something stupid John

A:"Error Loading Operating System" - But Xp never finished installation

Hi

I would be inclined to download the diagnostic software from the maxtor site and zero the disc and check it over for faults and then use the 'install disc' option within that software and start again with XP - if the disc checks out OK that is.

Peter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-but-xp-never-finished-installation-50321.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I checked the forums and could not find my specific issue The other day I successfully installed Windows Ultimate full version clean install on my primary quot C quot partition and everything OS" message Corrupt W7 "Error - Loading Installation worked Now I believe I Corrupt W7 Installation - "Error Loading OS" message have a corrupt OS When I attempt to boot normally I receive an quot Error loading operating sytem quot message Corrupt W7 Installation - "Error Loading OS" message The Windows installation CD is detected and begins booting but following the quot loading Windows quot screen no options are displayed Here is what I did to cause this issue -I had an old external drive not compatible with W so I decided to try and install XP onto a secondary partition -In order to create this partition during the installation I deleted my quot E quot partition which I had previously locked with BitLocker I left my quot C quot partition System Rese and quot D quot partition with Windows in tact -I began installing Windows XP Upon reboot I received my first quot Operating SYstem Not Deteced quot error -I tried booting from my WIndows CD to see what was going on but following the boot from the CD the installation program stpped running before any options were displayed This occured after the quot Starting windows quot message was displayed -I tried booting from the Windows XP install CD This CD boot properly I deleted the partition I had attempted to install XP on -I tried booting normally and quot Operating SYstem Not Deteced quot -I tried booting from the WIndows CD again and quot Operating SYstem Not Deteced quot At this point I am considering loading from the XP CD and deleting all partions with hopes for a fresh Windows installation Anything else I should try before deleting my partitions I am not even sure this will work but any ideas insight would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time -

A:Corrupt W7 Installation - "Error Loading OS" message

You can not install any version of Windows to an external device or drive.

To fix: Detach external drive from system. Boot to Windows 7 DVD and run startup repair.

Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/33932-corrupt-w7-installation-error-loading-os-message.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I am trying to install Vista bit onto my laptop Acer V which has Windows preinstalled I could not find a tutorial on how to make a UEFI USB for Vista so I followed the one for Windows UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows I 64bit screen files' is loading stuck VIsta on 'windows installation UEFI have disabled secure boot and set the USB drive at the top of the priority boot list When I come to select the boot devices it only gives me two options The boot manager main HDD and the USB HDD It does not seem to recognise the USB as a UEFI boot device as shown in the tutorial When I do select to boot from the USB the screen says windows is VIsta 64bit UEFI installation stuck on screen 'windows is loading files' loading files and after the bar has filled it gets stuck on the same screen until I power off Does anyone know how to get Vista to install via UEFI USB I'm not by the machine right now so if you require any more information I can post it later Thanks

A:VIsta 64bit UEFI installation stuck on screen 'windows is loading files'

Did you disable ( CSM)Compatibility Support Module - it should be somewhere in bios settings.

It should then show as something like this:

UEFI:USB-ATAPI DVD

If you have done that - you might need to try plugging it into a different usb port - one on the back of the machine, for example. Lord knows why.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300312-vista-64bit-uefi-installation-stuck-screen-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 90.3%

forgive me ahead of time for being long-winded Help I followed a post headed quot explorer exe crash quot after booting up and getting two error messages explorer exe error Outlook error and I don t even use outlook Instead of the regular XP welcome and login screen i got a win -esque login dialog box when I went ahead and tried to login using that I got these error messages and just my background NO DEsktop no start menu So I booted up Loading "Error OS" STUCK! uding the XP cD intending to replace explorer exe but I saw that my drive letter assignments had been changed somehow I saw a partition for C but it was only like MB then the STUCK! "Error Loading OS" D which is supposed to be the Backup partition was the Main OS partition and there s an E From its size it looked like it was supposed to be the Backup partition And i couldn t even log into the drive it was falsely saying that windows was installed onto It wouldn t accept my password So I get my wife s laptop get online search and find STUCK! "Error Loading OS" the quot explorer exe error quot post STUCK! "Error Loading OS" Before i could follow any suggestions after rebooting the laptop again it gave me the quot Error Loading Operating System quot I couldn t log onto the Win installation from Recovery CD and I couldn t get past the quot Error Loading Operating System quot message at startup so i restarted hit f got into dell diagnostics and it ran an all-night test under quot Symptom OS will not Load quot and said that the hard drive failed both the Read and Verify tests at the same block error codes F and F A with the message quot uncorrectable data error or media is write protected quot I m stuck Help me please nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

Hello.

This is my first post here; so I hope I am not breaking the rules by posting a help thread immediately after registration. I'll basically describe what has happened today with my PC. I was originally running Vista, but then I decided to upgrade to Windows 7 with a new hard drive. My issue is that I can not install Windows Ultimate 64bit. I am able to boot from the CD/DVD and then enter the setup; but as soon as it begins it rushes through copying files in less than a second and then it hangs at Expanding Files (0%), the dots after it move, I've left it for as long as 30 minutes before realizing nothing was happening.

I've done a HDD diagnostic and a RAM diagnostic, both came back positive for no errors.

A:Windows 7 Installation frozen at "Expanding Windows Files (0%)"

Where did you get Win7? How is the disk burned?

Work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349322-windows-7-installation-frozen-expanding-windows-files-0-a.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I am running Windows bit Apparently I scanned my system using full system scan AVAST and left my computer on thinking it would take screen or wait" off turn [SOLVED] "Configuring windows. not on Do "Please Stuck your for many hours When I came back my computer automatically shutdown because it was left standby for about hours I don't know if the scan was finished When I try to boot the screen gets [SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your stuck on quot please wait quot screen or quot configuring windows Do not turn off your computer quot I already tried going to System Recovery Options screen then going to Troubleshoot then Advanced Options but I tried everything there and still the issue persists even when I tried to boot in safe mode I tried going to command prompt and type sfc scannow but it says it can't scan right now I also [SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your tried chkdsk R but it says the same I don't know how to run cmd as administrator from the System Recovery Options So now I tried to use system restore but I am stuck to the windows logo for about and half hour I don't know if I should wait for this or it is already stuck In other forums I read they used system restore with only the quot C quot disk group connected Should I also do this I am thinking to remove AVAST or somehow disable it Please help me

A:[SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you have your Windows 8 CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-stuck-on-and-quot-please-wait-and-quot-screen-or-and-quot-configuring-windows-do-not-turn-off-your-702996.html
Relevancy 89.44%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 88.58%

well, like it says in the title, the windows loading screen just keeps on loading, with the blue bar going across..

but before this happens, the screen comes on asking which mode i'd like to start up in , eg. safe mode , normal, ectect...

the guys who it is says he needs the stuff of the HHD , typical

lol

any surgestions guys, it would be appriciated

A:windows xp screen just keeps loading & loading """"" :|

**** update, i'v got a screen after that say

SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk 2: Fujitsu MHV2080BHTBD

WARNING :immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. Afailure may be imminent
press F1 to continue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-screen-just-keeps-loading-and-loading-270349.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi I'm thinking about repairing Windows Home Premium bit with the DVD because of BSOD but I hesitate I first need to know if the backup folder called quot Windows old quot will be a COPY keeps Date Does timestamps "Windows.old" & ? folders keep "Date Created" of files Modified but updates Date Created or a CUT simply moves all folders to an other thus doesn't change Date Created Thanks So of course only those who have ever reinstalled Windows may know the answer If you don't know Does "Windows.old" keep "Date Created" timestamps of files & folders ? but have reinstalled Windows at least once please spare Does "Windows.old" keep "Date Created" timestamps of files & folders ? seconds to check simply find a file like a picture or music that you had before the reinstall and see in the bottom bar of explorer if its Date Created is the original or the reinstall date You can also click Display tab in Explorer then Sort by gt Others gt check quot Date Created quot gt OK gt Click display again gt Sort by gt Date Created Don't mistake with Date Modified I know the original Date Modified is kept upon copying but it will Does "Windows.old" keep "Date Created" timestamps of files & folders ? update if you modify the file obviously Please be honest and double check losing years old dates of my past would be heartbreaking like mixing the pages of my diary Date Created is very important to me and is underrated because it's not the default sorting option unlike Name Type Date Modified because my computer is years old now has thousands of files and folders and it's easy to find them back and organize them with Date Created sorting if I didn't write tags or description in the file name If it doesn't keep Date Created any simple other way to fix Windows without losing them is welcomed I guess cutting manually files and move them to an external drive would but I'm afraid it messes up my PC before I even finish the transfer Would a classic backup keep Date Created I guess this is becoming too much quot off section quot Please be human and ignore the following if it is maybe someone might have an answer to the relevant initial question Sorry I don't commonly use forums but I'm too helpless v All this is not important though If my problem with dates is fixed To be honest my problem wouldn't be the backup if I wasn't threatened by BSOD every day Since about week now I get minutes of BSOD daily randomly within the first hours of usage of the day then it runs perfectly the whole day after that I cleaned some years old dust inside the PC and graphic card fans fixed temporarily for like - months then BSOD again changed thermal paste and re-plugged my ram bars fixed temporarily again few months So I guess it's in the system files I did anti virus scans SFC scannow on System but it didn't find anything what a lie I even had the quot file header checksum corrupt quot black screen sometimes and quot PFN LIST CORRUPT quot some BSOD Should I perform the scan in an other folder BSOD suspect files are mostly ntkrnlpa exe halmacpi dll win k sys ntfs sys recently dxgmms sys and some really special snowflakes that appeared red one time in BlueScreenView such as fltmgr sys npfs sys ataport sys volsnap sys and many more it's so gross and nasty I could leave a screenshot of my BlueScreenView history if needed all kinds of errors That's why I'm depressed causes are so multiple and random Though I think I modified something in regedit about quot TdrDelay quot value in Graphic Drivers because of the BSODs in gaming or YouTube I have a registry backup but it's more than year old so not sure if it's safe and I don't remember if it had the default settings and what they were right now its value is I don't know if I even had the file before so a reinstall would be simpler if that is the problem I just hope it doesn't have to do with materials that I have to pay a lot for

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/381341-does-windows-old-keep-date-created-timestamps-files-folders.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Here's some back story to my problem feel free to System Files"! on "Restoring Stuck Recovery skip this I've had issues lately where my laptop screen would turn black at random times The screen Stuck on System Recovery "Restoring Files"! just turns off and all I needed to do was hit the power button once wait and hit it again to get to the windows locked screen section I entered my password and I could continue with whatever I was doing More recently this fix has turned into a very short term solution and the screen turns off a few seconds after logging back in again I don't think it's a hardware problem because it can stay on the locked screen section without turning off At first I thought it was overheating so I used to turn it off and set it aside for a few moments and the problem resolved itself temporarily Note This happened a few months after I bought said laptop but wasn't able to send it for warranty since I was travelling abroad at the time It's been over one year now and the warranty has probably expired Earlier this week when I tried turning on the laptop it was stuck on the section where the windows logo should have appeared the loading screen I force powered off and tried again and it worked After a while that stopped working as well Now I can only get as far as the Start-up repair section I can't even go into safe-mode anymore The startup repair didn't help at all it said that it couldn't resolve the problem automatically so I decided to try a System Restore I think my computer has been stuck in the system restore for longer than it should be over three hours I can still see the progress bar moving by progress bar I don't mean one that shows the completed just one that moves from one end to the other and circles back to the front The action that's is progress currently is quot Restoring Files quot TL DR My laptop has been stuck in the system recovery process for almost three hours now The action that's is progress currently is quot Restoring Files quot I can still see the progress bar moving by progress bar I don't mean one that shows the completed just one that moves from one end to the other and circles back to the front I'm planning on leaving it overnight but if the issue isn't resolved would it be safe for me to power it off in the middle of the process I'm not too sure but I think I won't lose any of my personal files since the files being restored are system files right I'm also going to get someone to remove the hard drive from my laptop so I can keep all my data and have the laptop sent somewhere to get checked Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Stuck on System Recovery "Restoring Files"!

Update: It's been almost 6 hours now and it still says that it's "restoring files".

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/375358-stuck-system-recovery-restoring-files.html
Relevancy 86.86%

When I open any programs or files, they seem to stick together and I don't want that. I would want them to move individually instead of all at once. For example, if I open two firefox and two notepad, when I drag one of the notepad in between the two firefox, I can't do it. Two of the notepad drags at once and I can't separate them. It wasn't like this an hour ago. I don't know what happened. Please help! What happened? Thank you so much for your help and concern!

A:Programs and files on taskbar are stuck together or "grouped"! Help!

Right click on the Taskbar. Select Properties. Taskbar Buttons, click the drop down box, and select 'Never Combine'.
This will separate the taskbar buttons and allow you to manage them individually.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/99827-programs-files-taskbar-stuck-together-grouped-help.html
Relevancy 86.86%

During a recent windows update my pc froze, (mid-update) and I restarted my machine. Now windows gets stuck at the black" Loading operating system..."screen. After a long wait it will eventually display .........boot from cd/. When I boot from my windows dvd my os is not shown in system recovery. I Have also tried running start up repair from recovery with no luck. ANY IDEAS?????

A:Windows not Loading after update, hangs on "Loading operating system."

Hello deralickt and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you receiving any error codes? Are you able to boot your machine in Safe Mode? If yes, see if you can access System Restore and go back to a date/time prior to the update. If you don't have a restore point you could also see if that update is showing in Windows Update History. If it is, try uninstalling it.

Safe Mode

System Restore

Windows Update - Uninstall an Update

The failed update may have damaged or corrupted some system files. From Safe Mode you could try running a System File Checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are noted run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Since you have an install DVD you could also try a Repair Install to fix your currently installed Windows 7 and preserve your user accounts, data, programs, system drivers, etc.

Repair Install

A repair install may require that you reinstall a bunch of Windows Updates. I found it's safer (but more time consuming) to install just a few at a time rather than all at once. If you install a few at a time you can reboot, see if there are any issues, and if there are, you'll know exactly which 3 or 5 or 10 updates you need to remove. Reinstall them one at a time. They'll either all install correctly or you'll know exactly which one(s) are problematic. (If you install all at once and later find out there's a problem it's almost impossible to know which update is involved.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227479-windows-not-loading-after-update-hangs-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Internet s been loading slower, files owner" loading "unknown Internet slower unless I clear my temporary files is my computer infected What can I do to prevent from clicking on websites that have viruses is there Internet loading slower, "unknown owner" files any site advisers that truly help in preventing malaware Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Internet loading slower, "unknown owner" files v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Logitech Vid Vid exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Multimedia Card Reader ShwiconXP exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software CameraHelperShell exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS LU LULnchr exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS LU LogitechUpdate exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD saui exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Alexis Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http tumblr com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Bing Bar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Toolbar Bing Bar - dcb -df - - - fa b f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot file mi... Read more

A:Internet loading slower, "unknown owner" files

bump

edit: noticing random white popup on startup appear and quickly dissapear

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-loading-slower-unknown-owner-files.1068249/
Relevancy 86.43%

Without quotes, no extension. Anyone know what they are and if they're legit?

Thanks.

A:My c:\windows folder has a couple of strange files: "D" and "@#"

They dont see legit to me. Try to do a virus search. Otherwise i recommend factory reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249637-my-c-windows-folder-has-couple-strange-files-do-u.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I am running Windows on an iMac with VMware Fusion Everything was fine for three months Then slowly problems started showing up A notice would come up saying that Windows Explorer wasn t working and needed to close re-booted So far it is still only occasionally Then the screen size display began to change EVERY time Windows was restarted The change was to a different size not Computer" Windows "My 7, and in trash files "moving" each time changed it back It is getting to be a real pain Now the quot My Computer quot screen only works occasionally in the beginning I rebooted Now that doesn t help When it doesn t work - the box is mostly blank with a horizontal quot thermometer quot where Windows 7, files not "moving" in trash and "My Computer" the words quot my computer belong quot slowly moving across the top Even when the line is filled the quot my computer quot screen doesn t fill in When I do get a screen I am only able to move files or folders for a short time After that I get a square when clicked on says quot calculating quot Windows 7, files not "moving" in trash and "My Computer" - and it never finishes This happens with moving many or only two or three files I am also unable to Windows 7, files not "moving" in trash and "My Computer" click and highlight several random files with the control key held This also happens with the recycle bin I am unable to delete the files there I have a GHz Intel Core Duo with GB MHz I use three different registry cleaners had lots of problems before Windows and am not too happy with and a Malware program I have a software program that offers a repair feature on its disc Is there any chance that Windows offers this Please please can you solve any of these problems especially the file moving one I am so-o-o tired of having a computer with problems I started with ME so you know how bad things have been Thank you for any help you can give me - I m at my wits end TaliaGabby nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-files-not-moving-in-trash-and-my-computer.891820/
Relevancy 86%

I've been using Windows Ultimate x for the past years I've After Loading Files. Stuck Installation been using an Intel D GCCR motherboard with GB RAM My system had some problems so I planned to format it But everytime I try to do it it gets stuck When I used a Windows Professional x disc it got stuck after showing 'Loading Files' with a black background It'll show starting windows but not even the logo would come Installation Stuck After Loading Files. Same happened with Windows XP disc after 'loading necessary files' it too got stuck My Windows Experience Index was But one day my system started to hang Installation Stuck After Loading Files. up get 'Blue Screen On Death' etc It became very much slow and sometimes it wont start I thought it was something up with the motherboard and it turns out so as said by the service center guys Display Problems So I changed mine to Biostar G M Now all a sudden the Experience Index of 'Processor Performance' dropped to from It is a Pentium D GHz Sometimes when it gets a trouble to start up I just press the restart button and it shows that I'll have to use a Windows Repair Disc to correct the issues But since I dont have it I just tried to format it with another version of Windows And hence Paragraph And I could not format my system after changing into the new motherboard What should I do

A:Installation Stuck After Loading Files.

I had used various softwares to check the functionality of ram, processor speed, hard drive, etc, but everything looked fine.

The Processor testing software showed that it did work at 2.75 GHz. And the ram worked fine in another PC. The hard disk had some issues, but I defragmented it thoroughly. Can it result in the corruption of OS? It was the C drive which I thoroughly defragmented.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/238123-installation-stuck-after-loading-files.html
Relevancy 86%

I've searched around the forums and all I can seem to find are people with one or two dead pixels (the absolute max I saw was 8). On the left side of my monitor, I have an extremely large amount of dead pixels. It's about the size of two quarters. It started out small (as a single pixel - then a single line - then a large blob). I've tried just about everything to get rid of it. I've tried massaging it out, using websites/software like www.jscreenfix.com, to no avail. I really don't have the money for a new monitor. Any ideas? Thanks!

Here is an image:[img=http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5543/img2729c.th.jpg]

Relevancy 86%

Hi.

I accidentally pulled the plug out of my computer when it was in the middle of shutting down. Now that I've tried to reboot it, I get a screen saying:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode With Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

Whenever I click on any of the options above, I always ends up back at the same screen, suggest the above options again. I've tried rebooting I again a few times but nothing works?

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Relevancy 85.57%

i've been relying on going to "internet options","general" and "delete" then ticking all the boxes on that page..i found out that by doing this,my temporary internet file swere NOT being deleted.is this a vista problem? my pc came to a complete sludge of a slow down today and i found that my internet files folder had files going back a year that hadn't been deleted as i've been relying on ticking those boxes..i had tons and tons of and tons of files.i'm wondering if this is the norm and also is it possible that other files are not being deleted when using that method? if so,then i probably have folders that are totally loaded with trash.

A:Solved: Had to delete temp internet files by "view files" ,"select all" ,"delete"

Have you ever unticked Preserve Favorites website data?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-had-to-delete-temp-internet-files-by-view-files-select-all-delete.1029591/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi just as the question title says I am having a RunDLL error with the windows dll RUNDLL ~ Loading could ~ Streamci" found" be "The "Error Specified module not quot streamci dll quot I am getting this error while trying to install my Audio Drivers on my newly set up XP OS During the installation of XP a couple of files were not copied properly because the CD was scratched up pretty badly but I had no other copy of the CD I had to just skip and hope windows installed and was usable Are there any tools that can scan RUNDLL ~ "Error Loading Streamci" ~ "The Specified module could not be found" your computer for missing windows DLL s and re-install them I have already tried downloading the file streamci dll from the internet and installing it with Code regsvr streamci dll in the command line but I get the following error RegSvr quot Streamci dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file can not be registered quot Click to expand Would downloading and re-installing SP from microsoft possibly fix this problem Any Ideas nbsp

A:RUNDLL ~ "Error Loading Streamci" ~ "The Specified module could not be found"

What version of XP Pro did you install with that CD?

XP Pro original

XP Pro SP1

XP Pro SP2

Have you downloaded and installed the SP3 upgrade?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rundll-error-loading-streamci-the-specified-module-could-not-be-found.918938/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction the scenario - newly purchased desktop licensed for W pro which was installed via dell recovery disk - no problems - upgraded to ready for step where it installation" stops "Getting simply files W pro online - no problems worked good with no issues I could see for a week I then realized that it should be setup in UEFI mode totally new to me and the SSD should have the USER folders permanently moved to the secondary HDD Read through complete tutorial on that and this tutorial on clean install Verified the procedure I planned to use with Kari on User Folders Move tutorial Downloaded a W iso from Tech Bench site and made a bootable DVD to use for clean install Used "Getting files ready for installation" step where it simply stops Parted Magic Secure Erase and cleared the SSD "Getting files ready for installation" step where it simply stops allowing it time for trim garbage removal disconnect the secondary HDD cable Reset the bios to UEFI mode no legacy option roms and Secure Boot disabled Successfully boot to DVD in UEFI mode from boot options screen and proceed with clean install with no problems until quot Getting files ready for installation quot step where it simply stops when showing - done No error given not locked up etc DVD and SSD drive lights become solid on No change after over hours of sitting This has happened exactly the same now on separate attempts at this Verified each time that partitions have indeed been created on the SSD and I've removed them back to unallocated space before each further attempt Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated Skip

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57580-getting-files-ready-installation-step-where-simply-stops.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello there!

I've been trying to install Bitdefender AV to my computer. Already uninstalled all the previous AV software for this new installation but for whatever reason, it keeps giving me an error;

"Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation."

I've tried downloading a couple of times but still getting the same error. Please advise. Thanks!

A:"Some installation files are corrupt." Error downloading Bitdefender.

What security software did you have before trying to instal BD and are you sure none of it is still running

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/352949-some-installation-files-corrupt-error-downloading-bitdefender.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I'm trying to install the Windows 8 Preview x64. I've successfully installed it on my old laptop and a Latitude ST from work, but it won't install on my main PC.

I go through the setup wizard as normal; no errors. But, when it comes to the actual installing part, it gets stuck on "Getting files ready for installation (12%)". The computer is not frozen at this point - I still have full control of the mouse, and if I eject the DVD setup complains that it's missing. I've left it for an hour and it doesn't progress past 12%.

Is the 12% significant? Could it be a hardware issue? (my specs should be below)

Thanks for your help.

A:Setup stops at "Getting files ready for installation"

AFAIK the 12% isn't significant. I've found I have better results using a USB. Also, you're ISO may be corrupted. If the USB thing doesn't work, try another ISO.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/8441-setup-stops-getting-files-ready-installation.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Note I can't take any screen shots because my problematic laptop won't even start up fully So as a bit of background my -year-old Toshiba A -S laptop battery has been horrible for "configuring down..." stuck updates" "shutting after in Laptop ages as in my laptop MUST Laptop stuck in "shutting down..." after "configuring updates" be plugged in at all times or else it will immediately spontaneously turn off without a proper shut-down It also spontaneously turns off it it overheats or starts working too hard or something so I don't use it very much - but it's where I keep all my music and movies and I've been gradually transferring these files to other devices which is why I still use it occasionally Anyway nights ago I downloaded and installed updates and after taking a while to install updates it stayed on the quot shutting down quot screen for a long time And when I woke up the next morning it was STILL on the quot shutting down quot screen - and it had been hours by that point I was actually very surprised that it hadn't spontaneously turned off overnight So I did a force-turn-off because I thought it would start up ok Today I turned on the computer figuring it would boot up ok So we get to the start-up screen - it even spends a mere split second on the usual improper-shut-down-how-would-you-like-to-start-up screen it usually spends seconds on that screen and it goes through quot configuring updates quot and this took a while and then it went back to the quot shutting down quot screen And it was stuck there for about minutes before I did another force-turn-off and turned it on again because sometimes something that doesn't work one time does indeed work the next time But not this time It went through the same quot configuring updates quot and quot shutting down quot screens and it's now been stuck on quot shutting down quot for about minutes So what can I do to fix it I can't figure out how to get it to fully boot up because paragraph above just happens over and over again Will I have to take out the hard drive and finally retire my computer Would I be able to take out the hard drive and recover my files Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394020-laptop-stuck-shutting-down-after-configuring-updates.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey Friends I guess its not only me having this is it Many of and and Dialog ".CHK Windows Files" "Scan Box" Fix us have it right so whats the thing which brings up this dialog box gt Scan and Fix or Continue without scanning gt when you connect an external device to your computer i had some time some bad day of mine when i clicked on the Scan and Fix and the result was the windows converted a very large number of my files into CHK files hidden in the HDD and i still cannot find a way to recover those most most important files of mine they are text files I did recover a large bundle of files but not the ones i actually needed more than anything those text files i have gone through literally files and recovered almost everything gt videos movies images and messed up bits of large installation files of softwares like AE broken down to many many small pieces but that doesnt matter that stuff can be recovered softwares and movies and songs but the text files are still among those CHK files i have which are still more than Anyone have anything regarding this is more than Welcome to share their Knowledge Thanks

A:Windows "Scan and Fix Dialog Box" and ".CHK Files"

Sounds like checkdisk is running and finding a problem with a hard drive and attempting a repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234506-windows-scan-fix-dialog-box-chk-files.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit.

This is the problem. When searching a folder, I am looking for all .cfg files. I can see at least 4 .cfg files in the folder, however, when I search *.cfg, it comes up with no results. I know this is not an error in Windows, and I feel as if I am overlooking something simple.

I see that .cfg files are tagged as "configuration" files and I assume Windows is trying to protect me. In reality, in this specific folder, these are broken files/un-completed download files from my download manager, Gigaget. I just want to remove these files in a specifc folder I have set up to house incoming downloads, so there's no risk of deleting anything important that my system would need.

Does anyone know how to rectify this dilemma.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I recently installed hdd old Cannot "windows" and "program delete from files" a new ssd and did a fresh install of windows on it I am now using my old hdd as my main data drive in my laptop caddy My Cannot delete "windows" and "program files" from old hdd problem is I did not back up my data on my hdd and format it So I need to delete the quot windows quot quot program files quot and quot program files x quot folders from that hdd to free up some space I understand I have to give ownership to those folders for me to be able to do delete the folders I have tired the methods suggested by this guide Take Ownership of a File Folder Drive or Registry Key in Windows I tried both of those commands To grant currently logged on user ownership of takeown F quot full path of folder or drive quot R D Y To grant administrators group ownership of takeown F quot full path of folder or drive quot A R D Y and it was succesful however I still couldn't delete the folders I would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me

A:Cannot delete "windows" and "program files" from old hdd

A lot is protected by trusted installer. I do that kind of thing with a win7 winpe disc/usb. I have a special driver which ignores permissions and gives complete control.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/43064-cannot-delete-windows-program-files-old-hdd.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm stuck in Windows RC x installation It always hangs at quot expanding files files" please Installation !! Help - stops "expanding quot usually at but not always sometimes at No error Installation stops "expanding files" - Help please !! no BSOD computer only stops copying files After reboot Vista x file quot setuperr log quot is empty Last line in file quot setupact log quot is always - - Info x cc IBS Installation stops "expanding files" - Help please !! Calling WIMApplyImage flags x No errors in log All hardware recognized succesfully and drivers installed fine Or so quot setupact log quot says Configuration Intel Core Duo E GHZ Motherboard DFI Infinity X G GB RAM DDR in slots of GB each dual-channel Hard drives Seagate SATA in RAID ICHR- volumes C Vista x primary active D and E extended partition both drives logical Western Digital SATA in RAID ICHR- volumes F and G extended partition both drives logical IDE HD over a SCSI IDE PCI Card volumes H and I both logical DVD units IDE Graphic nVidia GTS Monitor Samsung T Creative Audigy PCI Keyboard and mouse Logitech MX Bluetooth I want to install Windows x RC in a new primary partition formated NTSC no problem at all Looking for dual boot systems Ithink I have tried all posible options - From ISO DVD x speed record Image downloaded is OK MDS checksum OK - Directly extracting files from ISO in C and in the new partition - Manually unplugged all other hard drives - Deleting all partitions except C and the new one - Removing RAM sticks to test in no dual-channel configuration - Loading last Intel RAID drivers for Vista x - Change new partition from disk to disk - And for the last I formated C and try to install Windows alone no dual boot And it's always the same hangs when expanding files I waited one hour and nothing changes No error Windows Upgrade Advisor runs fine no problem only adviced about Creative drivers The only thing I have not test is to upgrade from Vista x but I don't really want to do this at this moment I prefer a clean install What's going on Sorry for my english it's not my native language Thanks in advance

A:Installation stops "expanding files" - Help please !!

Hi supermanho, welcome to the forums.

What speed did you originaly burn the DVD? Because of the size of the install.wmi (or .wim i can't remember) file (over 2GB) a higher burn speed can cause write errors that will only be detected when reading disks. Try the slowest speed and see if that helps.

Jeff

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/10048-installation-stops-expanding-files-help-please.html
Relevancy 83.85%

"Appcrash", and "General Fault" when loading various warez. I have been getting these often. Some adobe software. Older games like Diablo II. The list goes on and on, I just don't remember which software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/appcrash-and-general-fault-when-loading-various-warez-266191.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello all for days now iv been trying to install w bit i have read a lot of messages here about fixing my problem and non Windows 32bit installation" "completing (AGA installation 7 at freezes of them was a success When installing w after the first reset the installation returns to the screen where it shows the progress of the installation the only thing left is quot completing installation quot it hangs on that screen for hours and wouldnt contoniue i can move my mouse but it dosent give much help things i tried untill now disconnecting all drives beside the one i want to install w on it Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA disconnecting a pci card of USB slots disable all usb controls from bios my mouse and keyboard are connected with quot blue quot and quot purple quot connections disable floppy which does not exist - which didnt solve the problem but made the installation much faster Change in the bios from PCI to PEG Additional Notes I have only one monitor which is a LCD TV which connected to the nvidia graphic card with DVI to HD cable in the installation it shows that i have partitions in this hardisk and i have only as far as i know the third one has a MB capacity mybe its related some how I have seen that people gave suggestions about a utility which fixes the hardrive and maybe solve the problem but i have no operating system to do so I dont know much about my computer and i dont have any operating system to check it i only know that i have intel core ghz gb ram some gigabyte motherboard and some nvidia graphic card Please help me im one step away from installing XP again

A:Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA

Is it the stage where it freezes ?
Which process of installation are you trying ? Are you upgrading your XP installation with windows 7 ; or you installing 7 with formatting the C drive ? Sometimes upgrading takes enormous time to be completed compared with clean install .

You follow this tutorial : Clean Install Windows 7 ... follow steps 6, 7 and 8 carefully , I hope there would not be a further problem . All the best

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/120633-windows-7-32bit-installation-freezes-completing-installation-aga.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Everyone to post OS "IDE" from mode installation XP change How to "AHCI" Here I am going to descibe how to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don't reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation-705170.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Everyone Here I post OS to "AHCI" installation "IDE" XP to How mode change from am going to descibe how How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don t reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation.1106746/
Relevancy 82.56%

I just got done using the MS fix it tool to remedy the compress old files hang that occured when you used the disk clean up tool There were about k old files that no matter how many times you ran disk clean up they were never compressed as a matter of fact at times I would actually see an quot Increase quot in files listed in the compress old files line AFTER clean files old up? "compacting" Is same files" "compressing defrag in the in as disk I did selected quot compress old files quot clean So I used the MS fix it tool to solve the problem and you guessed it the tool removed the option for quot compress old Is "compacting" files in defrag the same as "compressing old files" in disk clean up? files quot Now it is no longer there MS states that they deleted this option to prevent the hang issue But this is why I want to know Is "compacting" files in defrag the same as "compressing old files" in disk clean up? whether these old files are actually being compressed when i use the defrag and it says quot compacting files quot Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Is "compacting" files in defrag the same as "compressing old files" in disk clean up?

Hi

The 'compressing files' referred to by a defragmenter is the process of moving the files it has put together to the start of the drive.

When defragmenting files, it moves the pieces of the file to an empty space further into the drive. Once it has done this to all the files, it moves them back to the start of the drive as this is generally the fastest part.

This doesn't compress files like the option in disk clean up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/is-compacting-files-in-defrag-the-same-as-compressing-old-files-in-disk-clean-up-487058.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi everyone All my experience is with XP but my partners windows laptop has this problem and I am stuck it is a Dell laptop latitude E about G ram no external devices fitted Laptop starts to boot I log in quot welcome quot screen comes up but never finishes processing Harddrive light keeps on pumping endlessly I tried to boot in quot safe mode quot and it stops at exactly the same spot I tried to run System restore I can pick a restore point OK and it loads it but then gets stuck on finishing restore similar to the welcome screen thing - it just keeps on processing Start work "sfc stuck get screen /scannow" "welcome" on cant to up repair both from harddrive or dvd both say it cant find anything wrong Ran the command prompt Sfc scannow it runs beginning verification phase of system scan it gets to Verification then displays the line windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Any ideas of where I can go from here all Ideas welcomed greatfully - she might expire without her laptop

A:stuck on "welcome" screen cant get "sfc /scannow" to work

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look at this Microsoft article: How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

When the system file checker runs it creates a log file, which should help you pinpoint which file couldn't be repaired.

However, if you can't get into Windows you might want to check this tutorial: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Did your partner create a set of Dell recovery discs or does she have a Windows 7 DVD?

If all else fails, you may have to re-install Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231909-stuck-welcome-screen-cant-get-sfc-scannow-work.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi all I'm puzzling this one In the folder options when I choose 'view' the radio button to show the hidden files is missing I've already checked the registry at the HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Hidden and everything seems ok value for 'Type' is 'group' etc Using the XP tweak Kelly's corner shows the hidden files but the button still missing Another thing that I encountered with was that from the start menu the quot hidden and + not button files" start Support" "Help missing menu working from "show Help and Support quot not working Again the registry seems fine and the process is activated started This came up when I tried to use system restore option - with no success Virus scan didn't find alerts of any kind To make a long story short- below is the log file of HiJackThis Please review it and reply if you see something to be concerned with for repairing my computer Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on -Dec- Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal missing "show hidden files" button + "Help and Support" not working from start menu Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C missing "show hidden files" button + "Help and Support" not working from start menu WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework udaterui exe C WINDOWS system TrayIcon exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS regedit exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bgu ac il R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http www bgu ac il proxy pac O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptcl dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - blank file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - blank file missing O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - blank file missing O - Toolbar SciFinder Scholar Bar - e a fb- - d -aa c-d fc abf af - mscoree dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files ... Read more

A:missing "show hidden files" button + "Help and Support" not working from start menu

Ok I found the answer (after quite a lot searching), as follows:

1. for the 'Hidden files' radio button - I used methods 1 and 2 from here-
http://www.technize.com/2007/05/13/s...s-not-working/

2. for the helpcenter I just reinstalled it as described here -
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rebuildhelp.htm
note that the file 'dataspec.xml' is needed to be available for this, and it can't be done directly from the XP CD. The thing that worked for me was to insert the XP CD, and use the file that in my computer (C:\) and afterwards another file on the CD.

Again, all this happened with no virus detection, so I believe that there is no infection. However, if someone has remarks on the HiJackThis log I've put, feel free to add them.

Have a nice day,

Fitch.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/missing-show-hidden-files-button-help-and-support-not-working-from-start-menu-326116.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Good Morning I would like to introduce "Incomplete" NO DESKTOP Files ? up & RESTORE Temp after "Strange" & SYSTEM booting ? myself I am new to the forum Should I address an issue inappropriately kindly alert me Most recently I have experienced multiple PC issues Recently I performed a System Recovery and encountered the following Cannot perform a SYSTEM RESTORE The message is Restoration Incomplete Your computer cannot be restored quot When I booted up this morning and DID NOT HAVE A DESKTOP The screen was blank no Icons The items below are APPEARING IN MY TEMP FOLDER and are located at C DOCUME COMPAQ LOCALS Temp a tmp plus similar numbers b IswTmp c msohtmlclip d msohtmlclip I delete the above items through safe mode but they re-appear I am MOST CONCERNED ABOUT Items amp SYSTEM SPECIFICATION DESKTOP PC Windows XP SP HP Compaq Presario - Media Center Edition AMD Athlon m Processor X -Based PC - -bit package MOTHERBOARD Chipset - ATI RADEON XPRESS CHIPSET Version Build Processor If someone would give me some feedback I would appreciate it tremendously THANKS IN ADVANCE Kind regards AJ

A:NO DESKTOP after booting up & SYSTEM RESTORE "Incomplete" & "Strange" Temp Files

Usually when the machine has a "blank" desktop, the boot/startup process has been interupted or is frozen to before Explorer is launched.

You can launch Explorer manually be navigating C:\Windows and double-clicking "Explorer".

If successful, do the following:

Start>Run>(type) "msconfig" and turn off all non-MS services and all startups.

Then, Start>Run>(type) "cmd", and at the command prompt type "chkdsk /f" and schedule a chkdsk to run on next reboot.

Reboot system and report results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-desktop-after-booting-up-and-system-restore-incomplete-and-strange-temp-files-516065.html