Windows Support Forum

Unable to remove UK keyboard from Windows 10

Q: Unable to remove UK keyboard from Windows 10

As a long time Mac user, I've recently acquired a Surface Book. As I'm in the UK, I use English (UK) as my display language, but the keyboard is US (the computer was purchased in the US). All this seems logical and I had the system working for a while and then for some reason, it reverts to the UK keyboard even though that is not an option under the available input methods or under the keyboard in Settings. I don't understand how the system can use a UK keyboard when technically it isn't installed. I even tried removing the UK display language, but that too remains despite it not showing up in the Settings panel under Languages.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35312-unable-remove-uk-keyboard-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to remove UK keyboard from Windows 10

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 51.17%

After installing windows 10, I'm unable to use my keyboard and mouse after the logo screen in windows 7. Everything works fine in the BIOS, but as so as that loading screen for Windows 7 comes up, the lights on the keyboard go off, and I cant use either the mouse or keyboard.
Everything is fine when I go back to windows 10. I thought I would try repairing Windows 7. but the same thing happens after windows load the files, cant even get past the first screen.

A:Unable to use keyboard and mouse on Windows 7

Did you try going into Safe Mode? What happens if you re-plug the keyboard/mouse at welcome screen (login)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/376452-unable-use-keyboard-mouse-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there
If you select a keyboard layout and there's no language pack available you cannot remove that keyboard again.

I made a mistake and got this (Igbo whatever that is)

Now I've got a redundant keyboard entry that I can't get rid of.

(Running Windows 8.1 Enterprise RTM - TechNet x-64). Note you can only add language packs etc for PRO and above versions.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Windows 8.1 Error - cannot remove keyboard layout

From what I read about this problem it's a definite bug carried over from the last version and apparently isn't fixed yet although there are some registry adjustments that seem to be working for people with this problem.

The link below shows that many users have the same problem which can be resolved with an adjustment to the registry or the charms bar.

my Keyboard Layout is switching automatically by Windows into the - Microsoft Community

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/31903-windows-8-1-error-cannot-remove-keyboard-layout.html
Relevancy 50.31%

bios gives keyboard error. keyboard and mouse will not function and I can not get into windows . Is there away to access Bios on startup? Also is there a Bios file available to flash  the bios? the system will continue to the windows splash screen but with no keyboard there is no way to loginDoesn't look like any body in this forum has a clue about this problem.   disappointing waste of time 

A:bios gives keyboard error unable to access windows

Hi @bsmar,  May the Forums be with you! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having a problem with an unspecified keyboard error, and are looking for a possible BIOS upgrade. I am happy to help with this. First you can find drivers and available BIOS files on the support page for your model: HP Pavilion 500-c60 Desktop PC. Be sure to select the correct operating system for your system first. What is the exact BIOS error you are getting related to the keyboard?Have you tried connecting a different keyboard, to your computer, and are you using a wireless or USB keyboard?  Otherwise if you are looking for more immediate or interactive support you could try contacting phone support. In that case please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please let me know what you decide, or if the BIOS files I directed you to resolve your issue, then please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-gives-keyboard-error-unable-to-access-windows/td-p/5592520
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi you all I'm having a problem here that's driving me crazy The option quot Add keyboard layout quot suddenly is unavailable I'm from Argentina that's my excuse Ultimate layout change Unable x32 keyboard 7 Windows to for bad grammar and my keyboard uses the locale es-es My SO as the thread title says is Windows Ultimate x I recently installed the english language pack from windows update hoping that some keyboards layouts would show up but nothing happened I also tried this I downloaded the lp cab Spanish package and installed it from the command line as administrator Nothing changed The Unable to change keyboard layout Windows 7 Ultimate x32 following are two images from the Region Language section in control panel In the first one in Input Language it says quot Unable to read configuration quot Circled in red The second one shows that when I click in 'Add Input Language' nothing shows up I'm hoping someone could help me on this one I need to do some Unable to change keyboard layout Windows 7 Ultimate x32 reports for college and I can't use the spanish special characters Thanks in advance PS System Unable to change keyboard layout Windows 7 Ultimate x32 Restore is not enabled Matias

A:Unable to change keyboard layout Windows 7 Ultimate x32

Scroll down to "Vista" and see if this works for you:

Quote:
In Vista, you have to click on Regional and Language Options from the Control Panel. Then you need to click on Keyboards and Languages and then Change Keyboards.

How to Change the Keyboard Language in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295235-unable-change-keyboard-layout-windows-7-ultimate-x32.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This is weird occasionally as I open up firefox and go to enter text into any field I notice that I am unable to type Instead what happens is if I hit a key such as F which is linked to a windows shortcut for files the files search menu pops up even though i never pressed the shortcuts 8 unable to type Windows - keyboard locked windows key at any time This problem isn't just limited to firefox once it is started I have a very hard time getting it to being able to type normally So if there is no shortcut linked to that key there is no input otherwise i get the shortcuts H - share Q - search etc Restarting doesn't always work sometimes all it takes is excessive clicking of a search bar other times just closing an internet broswer Pressing the windows key does nothing and I haven't been able to find a concrete fix for the issue Is there a way to fix and or avoid this completely

A:Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts locked - unable to type

Here are some things to check..

1) Reset Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...-most-problems

2) Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Change input methods

**Verify you are using the correct keyboard layout.

3) It is possible to completely disable Windows shortcuts by adding a registry value.

To disable the Windows logo key:

a) Open Regedit

b) navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout

c) Name: "Scancode Map"

Type: REG_BINARY (Binary Value)

Value Data: "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 5B E0 00 00 5C E0 00 00 00 00"

d) Log-out to apply changes

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37086-windows-8-keyboard-shortcuts-locked-unable-type.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone Greetings from Ecuador A friend brought me a computer of another friend who has problems with his HP Pavilion G laptop The laptop keyboard and trackpad is to laptop initialize Windows unable keyboard/trackpad non-responsive when the Windows boot I combed the web and tried the many suggestions to get it working again but could not get the keyboard to work When booting up the keyboard works Windows unable to initialize laptop keyboard/trackpad I was able to enter the bios and reset the configuration But once windows starts the keyboard no longer works In the device manager Windows showed that it cannot initialized the drivers both the keyboard standard PS and mouse PS with error code Below is what I Windows unable to initialize laptop keyboard/trackpad have tried so far Before windows starts the keyboard works I'm able to go into bios and Windows unable to initialize laptop keyboard/trackpad change configuration Attached an external USB keyboard it does not work but works fine on another computer An external USB mouse works though so I was able to try some of the steps below Start up in safe mode - gt keyboard and track pad does not work there either Tried to restore from previous restore point - gt there are no restore point to restore to Uninstalled both standard drivers for keyboard and mouse reboot keyboard and track pad still does not work Uninstalled both standard drivers for keyboard and mouse scanned for hardware changes drivers get reinstalled keyboard and track pad still non-responsible Read about Avast problems with non-responsive drivers but Avast is not installed on this system Tried sfc scannow in administrator mode it found errors but was unable to fix them Tried to open log but permission was denied although I am administrator I tried running Linux off a USB key and the keyboard works fine What else can I do to fix the keyboard issue This person has important work and cannot afford another computer He can't afford anything now as his house in Muisne collapsed during the earthquake He and his family are homeless right now and his computer is the only thing he has Thank you Ben

A:Windows unable to initialize laptop keyboard/trackpad

Quote: Originally Posted by Gnimble

When booting up, the keyboard works; I was able to enter the bios and reset the configuration.

That means the devices are working.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gnimble

But once windows starts, the keyboard no longer works.

Seems to be some sort of system drivers corruption; but it would not be an easy fix without any keyboard/mouse working.

IMHO a Clean Rinistall will be a good fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/395636-windows-unable-initialize-laptop-keyboard-trackpad.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I don't know what else to do. I've tried every single malware removal method I know and nothing has worked. Ran Malwarebytes, adwcleaner, ccleaner and AVG twice and nothing has been able to remove this problem from my computer. Any help?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/unable-to-remove-gamezonenews-net-pop-up-on-windows-8.54056/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I had to install some of the components from Turn ON/OFF Windows features.

But When I try to install IIS 6 Metabase and IIS 6 Configuration Compatability and ASP.NET from Windows Features, after 4 or 5 mins its saying, An error has occured. Not all of the features were successfully changed.

Infact even when I try to remove full IIS from Windows Features, I am getting the same error. But I did not get this problem when I enabled IIS for the very first time some 1 year or so back... I tried to do system restore now to some 3 months back restore point but that didn't help to. I even tried System File Checker using sfc /scannow but that didnt help either.

What could be the problem. How to solve this please, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Unable to add/remove anything from Windows Features :(

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried to do a system restore, look and see if you have a restore point going back at least 5 days prior to the problem, by doing it this way you won't lose any of your data.

Hope this help's

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287525-unable-add-remove-anything-windows-features.html
Relevancy 49.88%

About two months ago I accidentally uninstaled some windows components and it turns out that I need them and have not been able to reinstall them I have been trying to reinstall the advanced features in my sounds and audio devices Since I removed that feature when to components add/remove unable windows I play a DVD no my computer the sound will not get very loud I am having no problem with other videos just DVD s But I have also tried reinstalling unable to add/remove windows components games and other features and they will not install either When trying to install I use the Windows Installation CD and the installation seems to go fine I don t get any error message so I m not sure what the problem is I also tried the Add Remove Programs feature in the control panel and got the same results I have reinstalled Windows XP service pack which did nothing Then around the same time I started having another problem which I m not sure if it is not related problem or not When I do Automatic Windows Updates it has been stuck on the same update for about two months now It is stuck on Security Update for Windows XP KB It installs and I reset the computer and then after about min it wants to install the same update again It is very strange Thanks for any help nbsp

A:unable to add/remove windows components

Welcome to TSG....

For the not able to install any programs try this:

Go to Start/Run and type in:
msiexec /unregister [click ok]

Then Start/Run and type in:
msiexec /regserver [click ok]

Then reboot the computer when finished.

For the other problem the fix will be after this is solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-add-remove-windows-components.663691/
Relevancy 49.88%

i have the same problem as the person who posted "Running combofix every day to clean C:\Windows\CSC\d6 Unable to completely remove infection; keep finding C:\Windows"

i dont know much about removing it and i tried MWBAM and ESET and nothing was detected. But when i run combofix again same thing shows up as removed. i need some help.

thanks

A:Having problem with this C:\Windows\CSC\d6 Unable to completely remove infection; keep finding C:\Windows

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431279/having-problem-with-this-cwindowscscd6-unable-to-completely-remove-infection;-keep-finding-cwindows/
Relevancy 49.88%

A new Aurora R5 with windows 10. The system is set up with administrative locks that r do not permit removal of the log in screen. I am tech savy enough to know all the work arounds, and none work. 
The removal of log in on accounts options is grayed out. 
The netplwiz will not allow any changes.
Also, advance power options are not allowed so it keep going into a log in after a sleep mode which I cannot stop.
Will are repair help?
A brand new system..windows glitches. 
Looking for advice.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19990064
Relevancy 49.45%

I signed in with a microsoft account in windows 10 because I wanted to try minecraft windows 10 edition. Now I want to remove it but I am unable to. To remove the account I go click the start menu, click my name, click change account settings, scroll down to accounts used by other apps, click my email, click remove, but nothing happens. I did switch to a local account. When I click remove, the settings window just disappears without anything happening. I also ran the SFC Command but it found nothing.
Edit: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10

A:Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10

The usual procedure is to do what you did but do not scroll down to accounts used by other apps, instead just click on Sign in with a local account instead. Rather than removing the Microsoft account you are changing it to a local account.

See the tutorial -> Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40237-unable-remove-microsoft-account-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Have Windows Police Patrol infection Recently had Windows Antivirus Pro infection and was able to remove it with that guide For Windows Police Patrol I do not find items in Process Tab of Task Manager as described Also concerned that I may have other malware issues Firefox IE and Opera all shut down immediately or shortly after starting Google chrome does run Previous Rootkit TDSS AC infection Bitdefender would block but would keep generating thousands of copies and wasn't ever removed with scanning Switched to VIPRE antivirus and today getting repeated messages blocking quot bad file quot UACsobptbqywr dll Multiple Quarantined items today Packed Win TDSS remove Unable Police Patrol Windows to Y and FraudTool Win Antivirus v Unable to remove Windows Police Patrol Have Malwarebytes on computer from previous Windows Unable to remove Windows Police Patrol Antivirus Pro removal but doesn't run if I use the two download tools on the removal instructions tried because Task Manager not showing processes to kill Know this post may contain several problems Will post individually with the log files if advised Pop ups I currently get are quot Security Center Alert quot for suspicious software quot Virus Win Hala a quot followed by the ad pop up to buy the fix Have also had a pop up saying Google Installer has quit working identifying a malware problem quot UACD sys quot Thanks in advance for any help Here's my DDS txt log Other files attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by Drew at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Sunbelt VIPRE On-access scanning enabled Updated FCE - B - D -ADD -EB C AV Bitdefender Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Updated C BB C-B ED- F -A C- BB AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Outdated E A - - -B - C C F SP BitDefender Antispyware disabled Updated B EC- D - F-BC - DB BDF SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP Sunbelt VIPRE enabled Updated B -AE E- B -AEE - B A BD SP Norton Internet Security enabled Outdated CBB EE - - DAB- B -D C AA E A FW Norton Internet Security disabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F FW Bitdefender Firewall disabled F- E - A -A - D B F Running Processes C Windowssystem wininit exe C Windowssystem lsm exe C Windowssystem svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windowssystem svchost exe -k rpcss C WindowsSystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windowssystem svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windowssystem svchost exe -k NetworkService C WindowsExplorer EXE C UsersDrewDesktopdds scr C Windowssystem wbemwmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon Userinit c windowssystem userinit exe c windowssystem driverssmss exe BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program filesyahoo companioninstallscpnyt dll BHO HP Print Clips f -dc - -a c- f d c - c program fileshpsmart web printinghpswp framework dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program filescommon filesadobeacrobatactivexAcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program filesjavajre binssv dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafeesitead mcieplg dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program filesyahoo companioninstallscpnyt dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafeesitead mcieplg dll uRun Aim uRun Google Update quot c usersdrewappdatalocalgoogleupdateGoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program filesspybot - search amp destroyTeaTimer exe uRun... Read more

A:Unable to remove Windows Police Patrol

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255829/unable-to-remove-windows-police-patrol/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have HP pavilion G6 laptop running windows 8.1. Found under c:\windows\temp a folder with a very long alphanumeric "name". On opening this appears to be an OS installation i.e. it has the following files included:

Program Files
Program Files (x86)
Program data
Sources
Users
Windows

Being in the temp folder I presume can be deleted. However I cannot delete this folder. I get the message that says I require permission from the trusted installer (??) to make changes to this folder.

How do I delete this folder ??

A:Unable to remove folder from Windows\Temp

Download a little program called "Take Control." Once you have it install that right click on the file you want to delete then click on "Take Control." Sometimes files in the Temp Folder just will not allow you to delet it for some reason. Also you could take a look in the tutorial forum here on the eights to see if there is a tutorial that may help answer your question. . .good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37646-unable-remove-folder-windows-temp.html
Relevancy 49.45%

" Error message: Unable to remove "filename.dll". Acces denied.
Check if your harddrive is full or fileprotected and check so that the file isnt in use. "

I have a HUGE problem.
Sometime ago i tried to install windows vista but it stopped
in middle of the installation! So now its alot of winVista docs/maps/files
in my second HDD: D. Its very very annoying and tried to remove all of them both in Dos in safemode and tried to remove the fileprotected setup. It doesnt wanna come along. Why doesnt i format the disk?

I cant transfer all of my media files to my second HDD C becasuse lack of space=/ otherwise i have done it loooong time ago.

HOW do i get rid of this?

Plz help me!
/katatatonia1

A:Unable to remove windows(vista) files! HELP!

This is a public forum. Watch your language. Google it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-remove-windows-vista-files-help-270661.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I signed in with a microsoft account in windows 10 because I wanted to try minecraft windows 10 edition. Now I want to remove it but I am unable to. To remove the account I go click the start menu, click my name, click change account settings, scroll down to accounts used by other apps, click my email, click remove, but nothing happens. I did switch to a local account. When I click remove, the settings window just disappears without anything happening. I also ran the SFC Command but it found nothing.
Edit: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10

A:Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10

The usual procedure is to do what you did but do not scroll down to accounts used by other apps, instead just click on Sign in with a local account instead. Rather than removing the Microsoft account you are changing it to a local account.

See the tutorial -> Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40237-unable-remove-microsoft-account-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have spent the best part of this afternoon trying to remove a Windows Antivirus XP infection I installed amp ran the Malwarebytes anti-malware program and it told me that it had found items which it appeared to have removed On reboot the red quot security quot shield in the system tray kept telling me that the system has a security problem and the Antivirus XP reappeared I rescanned with Malwarebytes and this time it found nothing I rescanned again using the complete scan option but still nothing showed up I disabled System Restore but still cannot 2008 Unable Remove Windows Antivirus Xp To get rid of this Unable To Remove Windows Antivirus Xp 2008 infection Has this particular piece of trash been reengineered recently to prevent its removal by Malwarebytes I know it could get rid of it up to about a month ago because I used it to clean the same problem from another XP system without any difficulty Does anyone know how I can get rid of it Short of wiping the system clean and restoring it to factory default which I don t want to do because it has a vast amount of accounts data on it

A:Unable To Remove Windows Antivirus Xp 2008

Hello hartwith,Are you using the latest version of Malwarebytes found here Malwarebytes lastest version?Have you run HijackThis its good to help remove this pesky virus as it embeds its self in the registry? you can find it here HijackThis. Be careful though when using this sometimes it will remove things that are needed. Just look over what its going to reomve. Also are you running the program in safe mode? Hope this help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172444/unable-to-remove-windows-antivirus-xp-2008/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm unable to remove the Windows Backup settings.

I want to delete the current settings and notifications about backing up the computer. I don't plan on backing up anything on this computer. It's currently set to the DVD drive.

Nothing is working with anything through the Control Panel. I'm guessing I need to get into the Registry and change/delete some values.

Does anyone have any information on this?

A:Unable to remove Windows Backup settings

Hello there,

Before you proceed I would be very careful when deleting registry keys. You might be better off getting some advice first from approved forum members here who are trained on how to deal with such problems. 

Hope this helps! 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563383/unable-to-remove-windows-backup-settings/
Relevancy 49.45%

This malware appeared this morning.  Googled it and came up with the fix posted here by Lawrence Abrams.  Downloaded RemVines.reg to a memory stick and transferred to the infected computer per instructions.  Rebooted the infected machine normally and it went right back to the Windows Antivirus Suite display, not allowing me to access a browser and download Malwarebytes.    What now?  Appreciate any guidance.

Computer is a newly acquired (this week!) refurbished Dell Latitude E6410, running Windows 7.  One of the first programs I loaded was Microsoft Security Essentials, then ran a full scan with no problems indicated, so this infection probably didn't come with the computer.

A:Unable to remove Windows Antivirus Suite

Hello Zigmeister, when that doesn't work we need to get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525904/unable-to-remove-windows-antivirus-suite/
Relevancy 49.45%

Completely fedup with Live Mail 2011 want to go back to WLM2009. Have uninstalled all WLM aspects, incl Registry Cleanup and used Revo. Can find no trace of WLM or Windows Live components - but reinstall of WLM says NO - 2011 is still installed!!
Anyone any ideas please? (WLM Message Store is always on separate drive and backed up.)

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2002 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 80003 MB, Free - 15738 MB; D: Total - 59999 MB, Free - 17864 MB; G: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 100636 MB; J: Total - 98468 MB, Free - 71833 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 0AACh, CZC8066NCW
Antivirus: Avanquest SystemSuite, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-remove-windows-live-mail.994624/
Relevancy 49.45%

I was playing GTA V with fraps on to see the framerate then when I changed the graphical settings and reset the game with fraps still on this icon apeared in the bottom right corner of my screen. This is not my monitor doing this and it floats over all windows and the snip tool and the print screen button can't pick it up so I had to take a picture with my phone. I have attached the picture to the thread. I both logged out and reset the machine, nothing removed the icon. Is there a way to get rid of this or to find out what is causing this? Thanks in advance!

A:Icon floating above all other windows, unable to remove

Hi welcome to the forum.

i would check the settings on the monitor itself maybe something got activated by mistake.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375120-icon-floating-above-all-other-windows-unable-remove.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 around a year back and for the most part has been behaving itself - except for one occasion when a restore was needed to get things working again. This resulted in 2 folders on the C: drive: Windows.old and Windows.old(1). I have tried to remove these by a number of methods including the standard System>Storage>This PC>Temporary storage and then selecting to clear temporary files and previous versions of windows but this did not work.
I then tried the following command using an elevated command prompt:

RD /S /Q %SystemDrive%\windows.old

This successfully removed the Windows.old(1) folder and subordinate folders but I am still unable to remove Windows.old. When I enter the prompt I simply get a rapidly scrolling screen indicating Access denied against each attempt to delete an item.

Can anyone advise how to remove the offending folder tree under these circumstances?

A:Unable to remove previous versions of windows

Hello MACH1000, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you haven't already, you might see if an option in the tutorial below may allow you to.

Windows.old Folder - Delete in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/55568-unable-remove-previous-versions-windows.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I am not able to open Add or Remove programme as it gives me an error :-

Windows Cannot Find ' c:\windows\system32\rundl32.exe' make sure you typed the name currently.

Tried opening it from my computer and control panel still did not work.

Please help.

Jugal

A:Windows XP, Unable to open Add or Remove Programmes

Hello Jugal Manaktala, welcome to TSF in regards to your problem the following link maybe of some help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812340.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-unable-to-open-add-or-remove-programmes-435976.html
Relevancy 49.02%

After installing SpyHunter it made some changes to my start-up settings and I could no longer start Windows Instead it goes to grub http i imgur com opPvS jpg but I am not able to give commands http i imgur com o q UWJ jpg as there is no keyboard input This had always been a problem but it but Unable Keyboard Windows BIOS input works to 7, grub not in start never caused a problem as idleness led to Windows starting up Only very rarely was I able to use my keyboard I Unable to start Windows 7, Keyboard input works in BIOS but not grub pressed a key to read more and in the end it brought me to a command screen I gave relevant commands that I found on forums but nothing worked To solve this I added the windows ISO to a USB using YUMI Then I went to BIOS and I ran YUMI USB loader and I got to this screen http i imgur com O Nt Tk jpg As opposed to before I cannot use my keyboard anymore not at all not even rarely I need the keyboard input to get YUMI to run the Windows ISO On various forums it was suggested that there is some setting wrong in the BIOS keyboard input does work in BIOS Indeed this was the case http i imgur com ACLDELK jpg I changed the settings to fully initiazable hopeful that on my next start-up I could select grub bootable Unable to start Windows 7, Keyboard input works in BIOS but not grub from YUMI No luck still no input I have a USB keyboard and I've tried disabling USB and I've connected the keyboard to all USB slots I've tried changing various other options in the boot section of my BIOS What to do I feel like my BIOS is not truly applying the settings although it does save the settings

A:Unable to start Windows 7, Keyboard input works in BIOS but not grub

Instead of Yumi use Rufus and the iso to create a bootable USB.

Select Iso Image in the dropdown box where it shows FreeDos.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564191/unable-to-start-windows-7-keyboard-input-works-in-bios-but-not-grub/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I've got a bit of a problem and after a Keyboard installer drivers recognise to keyboard unable bit of research I think I've narrowed it down I've just upgraded my Processor from a FX to a FX For some reason booted into windows and the keyboard does not want to work Thought maybe because not powerful enough PSU so I've used another one I've got a w and tried a w and still got the same issue Thing is the keyboard works in post boot and bios but not windows Bit of research and people say it's the drivers So I've had a look at device manager and sure enough theres a yellow warning icon on the Keyboard drivers installer unable to recognise keyboard keyboard and says it cannot find the drivers so I've found the drivers for the keyboard and gone to install them but I've got another problem - The driver installer wants me to Keyboard drivers installer unable to recognise keyboard insert the keyboard into the PC which I have but it is still not being recognized and there is no lights on my keyboard or anything the Next button is greyed out and nothing I can do is there a way of getting round this I've got Windows bit Saitek Cybourg V keyboard and been doing this all in Safemode In BIOS Legacy USB Support and Legacy USB Support are both enabled I've opened opened Windows update and it said Keyboard drivers installer unable to recognise keyboard there was an update for my keyboard so I've downloaded it and it's thrown up and error and cannot install it the error is f Could this still be a powersupply problem or is it simply drivers I never had this issue when I had the FX installed only since the FX has been installed today has this happened

A:Keyboard drivers installer unable to recognise keyboard

Is this a special keyboard? does your motherboard have ps2 connection for a keyboard/mouse? If so, try connecting a ps2 keyboard as a temporary solution until you can iron out the driver issues. Or maybe just a plain vanilla USB keyboard will do the trick. I don't think your PSU has anything to do with it. Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/62126-keyboard-drivers-installer-unable-recognise-keyboard.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all following trouble i have a an Acer Aspire z which had Win 7 Boot Dual Windows remove Unable to Manager Xp SP installed on it the Wi-fi wasnt working on it this model was downgraded from Vista to XP so i thought perhaps there are driver problems After installing other drivers which didnt work i thought of installing windows and see if it worked Unfortunately the issue was with this Wifi that once Unable to remove Windows 7 Dual Boot Manager you input your password incorrect it connects Unable to remove Windows 7 Dual Boot Manager to the wifi network but as limited or no connectivity once i've understood that i've tried the same thing in XP and it worked great Now i wanted to remove Win and i had followed this guide from MS How to uninstall Windows Forgot to say that XP was on C and Win on D I formatted the partition on D Win is gone now but the boot Manager is still present I've opened up the boot section on XP through ms config and i dont see any bootpaths for the bootloader i've run the fixmbr from the recovery console hoping it would kick the boot manager out but this did not help Could you please assist me in removing the Dual Boot manager so i can start my xp version without choosing it thank you

A:Unable to remove Windows 7 Dual Boot Manager

Hi Droiyan3
Have you tried editing the boot.ini file from advanced system settings ?
Right click My Computer>Properties>Advanced System Settings >Boot.ini (I've forgotten the exact file name ) but it allows the boot config to open in an editable text file which you can select>Click Save when done

Hope this helps

regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/86563-unable-remove-windows-7-dual-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My Malwarebytes detected two hijack windows updates which refuse to disappear despite repeated removals I believe it is similar to the case here I have unable remove to updates malwarbytes hijack.windows posted the DDS log followed by the Rootrepeal one Thanks in advance for your help DDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by u at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional malwarbytes unable to remove hijack.windows updates GMT AV Trend Micro OfficeScan Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated CA B AB- - D C- - malwarbytes unable to remove hijack.windows updates EBE AE FW Trend Micro OfficeScan Enterprise Client Firewall enabled AFE CC-FEB - - B - B E B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files NUS-VPN cvpnd exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exeC WINDOWS system o flash exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client CNTAoSMgr exeC WINDOWS TEMP EL D EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Fujitsu Fujitsu Hotkey Utility IndicatorUty exeC Program Files Fujitsu FUJ E FUJ E exeC Program Files Fujitsu BtnHnd BtnHnd exeC Program Files Fujitsu Application Panel QuickTouch exeC Program Files Fujitsu DispSwitch DispSwitchLauncher exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Fingerprint Sensor ATSwpNav exeC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings u Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www gmail com mDefault Page URL hxxp www nus edu sguInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLLBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No FileBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun msnmsgr c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe backgroundmRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exemRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exemRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEmRun IndicatorUtility c program files fujitsu fujitsu hotkey utility IndicatorUty exemRun LoadFUJ E c program files fujitsu fuj e FUJ E exemRun LoadBtnHnd c program files fujitsu btnhnd BtnHnd exemRun LoadFujitsuQuickTouch c program files fujitsu application panel QuickTouch exemRun DispSwitchLauncher c program files fujitsu dispswitch DispSwitchLauncher exemRun AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exemRun DLA c windows system dla DLACTRLW EXEmRun ATSwpNav c program files fingerprint sensor ATSwpNav -runmRun IMJPMIG c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNCmRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNCmRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMENamemRun CanonSolutionMenu c program files canon solutionmenu CNSLMAIN exe logonmRun CanonMyPrinter c program files canon myprinter BJMyPrt exe logonmRun OfficeScanNT Monitor c program files trend micro officescan client pccntmon exe -HideWindowdRun Communicator c program files microsoft office communicator Communicator exe dRunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exeIE E amp xport ... Read more

A:malwarbytes unable to remove hijack.windows updates

Hello,We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272765/malwarbytes-unable-to-remove-hijackwindows-updates/
Relevancy 48.59%

Unable to remove windows essentials from control panel. receive a message saying it is removed but it is still listed and the icon remains. Also, another problem is that I cannot get into my windows mail. receive notes that wlidcli.dll and msmail.dll is missing and needs to be installed. receives codes 800ccc0f and 0x0040609. How do I either reinstall the missing drivers? and/or remove the program from my computer. ThanksTech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3895 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1723 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 943709 MB, Free - 898514 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0C2KJT
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 48.16%

having extreme trouble finding a solution to removing the trojan "Windows Stability Alarm" without be scammed into shelling out loads of money or ending up with some other stupid software, personally i think these sites are the ones whom create these virus in the first place so they can lure you in when your vulnerable!is there an easy step by step to follow that can remove this computer nightmare????? thats 100% free!this infection has breached my Windows Vista Ultimate! which is ultimately crap!if anyone can help this would be greatly appreciated. p.s i'm only interested in a solution for Vista, not Xp or 7 though i'm sure those would also be helpful to others! Kristoff74

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405173/windows-stability-alarm-trojan-infection-unable-to-remove/
Relevancy 48.16%

It seems I got myself into a small predicament. I received this virus due to an accidental ad click (I believe, anyways) and have tried Malwarebytes and adwcleaner to no avail. I've searched the internet for some solutions and found that some people have fixed the problem with something called OTL, but I have yet to use such a method since I don't quite understand how it works.

If you need any logs, please explain to me with some detail so that I can provide it. Unfortunately, this is the first virus that's made me scratch my head like such making me inexperienced with receiving help.

Not sure if it's something to note, but I also don't know what this virus does. I have yet to run into any problems, but if someone knows what it does, could you please inform me?

A:Trojan.Agent.Gen C:/Windows/Temp/svchost.exe, Unable to Remove

Hi there,it's impossible to tell what this malware does based on this information.Please run a FRST scan for further diagnosis:Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.(If you are not sure which version (32-/64-bit) applies to your system, download and try to start both of them as just the right one will run.)Start FRST with administator privileges.Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549284/trojanagentgen-cwindowstempsvchostexe-unable-to-remove/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi most excellent volunteers I'm working on a Lenovo laptop running Windows When I received it it failed to boot Using a restore point got it to boot again After booting Microsoft Security Essentials reported finding Virus Win Viknok A but was unable to remove it Security - unable to Windows Essen with virus infected 7 Viknok.A MS remove with The following error was reported Error code x ec This program is blocked Windows 7 infected with virus Viknok.A - unable to remove with MS Security Essen by group policy For more information contact your system administrator RKill was then run followed with Malwarebytes Malwarebytes didn't report finding Viknok A Malwarebytes now fails to run after a normal restart of the computer Norton Power Eraser also reported virus found and was unable to remove it I've made a full backup of all data on all partitions of the drive and will await instructions DDS log below Attach txt is attached Thanks Kevin DDS Ver - - - NTFS Windows 7 infected with virus Viknok.A - unable to remove with MS Security Essen AMD Internet Explorer Run by michael at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - EE D C SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files x Lenovo Energy Management utility exe C Program Files x Lenovo Energy Management Energy Management exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C ProgramData GameXN GameXNGO exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x USB Camera VM STI EXE C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C windows system svchost exe -k HPService c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C windows SysWOW svchost exe C windows SysWOW svchost exe C windows SysWOW svchost exe C windows SysWOW svchost exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Fi... Read more

A:Windows 7 infected with virus Viknok.A - unable to remove with MS Security Essen

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Important: To help me reviewing your logs, please post them in code boxes. You can create them by clicking on the <>-symbol on top of the reply window.    HijackThis is not the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum. With today's malware, a more comprehensive set of logs is required to determine the presence of malware.    Scan with FRST in normal modePlease download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop: FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties) Run FRST.Don´t change one of the checkboxes and hit Scan.Logfiles are created on your desktop.Poste the FRST.txt and (after the first scan only!) the Addition.txt.  Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries Scan with TDSS-KillerPlease read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.Download TDSSKiller.zip and extract to your desktopExecute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
Press Start Scan
If Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Copy to quarantine. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.
Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txtPlease attach this file to your next reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549167/windows-7-infected-with-virus-viknoka-unable-to-remove-with-ms-security-essen/
Relevancy 47.73%

HiI have virus or something that is masquerading as a security program It keeps changing my Internet Explorer home page has taken over my desktop a couple times with a huge red picture shouting DANGER - your computer is infected click here etc It continuously opens browser windows on it's own usually to websites such as softwarereferral com pcsecure com and safenavweb com I have trendmicro installed in my computer when I run the scan it detects several infected files and it To Virus "savenavweb" Opening Browser Unable Remove Randon - Windows, then proceeds to remove them but still the problem persists How can I get my Internet Explorer back under my control PC is running Windows XP Thank You for any help you can provide Here "savenavweb" - Opening Randon Browser Windows, Unable To Remove Virus is the hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC "savenavweb" - Opening Randon Browser Windows, Unable To Remove Virus WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Google Google "savenavweb" - Opening Randon Browser Windows, Unable To Remove Virus Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS zHotkey exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAEA EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files BigFix bigfix exeC Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http search bearshare com sidebar html src ssbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search bearshare com sidebar html src ssbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search bearshare com sidebar html src ssbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php wmid Ojg amp lid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO MSVPS... Read more

A:"savenavweb" - Opening Randon Browser Windows, Unable To Remove Virus

Hello sq4444 and welcome to BC My name is SNOWHITE and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.Please follow the steps below exactly in the order they are written:Step #1Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) to your Desktop.Double-click SmitfraudFix.exeSelect option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.NOTE: If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move SmitfraudFix.exe directly to the root of the system drive (usually C:), and launch from there.NOTE: process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htmStep #2Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.Close all other windows before proceeding. Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.What DSS will do:create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.In your next post please include the following reports: SmitfraudFix report dss scan reports main.txt and extra.txtLet me know how the things went.Regards,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115762/savenavweb-opening-randon-browser-windows-unable-to-remove-virus/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've had - viruses on my computer and luckily I've been able to remove them with the help of this site However I have one file C Remove To Virtumonde/malware File Unable C:\windows\system32\ddcyv.dll WINDOWS system ddcyv dll that can't be taken care of I've tried Ad-aware combo-fix Unable To Remove Virtumonde/malware File C:\windows\system32\ddcyv.dll Trojan remover AVG anti-virus anti-spyware program and a few other things I don't remember all This is my HjT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files REALTEK RTL Wireless LAN Driver and Utility RtWLan exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Owner YOUR- A E C D Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll file missing O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -DelayO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exeO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run TrojanScanner C Program Files Trojan Remover Trjscan exeO - HKCU Run Power GoExpress NAO - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeO - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - Global Startup REALTEK RTL Wireless LAN Utility lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messeng... Read more

A:Unable To Remove Virtumonde/malware File C:\windows\system32\ddcyv.dll

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.

When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.

Thank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119898/unable-to-remove-virtumondemalware-file-cwindowssystem32ddcyvdll/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem I've been trying to backup my computer to an external drive and I keep getting the error code x A I've tried numerous times in the past few weeks with no success and the same error code to Unable Laptop to Backup Program Downloader Unable Remove VSO and each time My laptop is a Dell XPS L X Early with an Intel reg Core i - QM CPU GHz Unable to Backup Laptop and Unable to Remove VSO Downloader Program processor with GB of installed memory RAM The Windows edition Unable to Backup Laptop and Unable to Remove VSO Downloader Program I'm running is Windows Professional The size of the backup that I'm trying to run is GB and I know there is plenty of space on the external drive to accommodate the backup The external drive I'm Unable to Backup Laptop and Unable to Remove VSO Downloader Program trying to back up the laptop to is a WD Western Digital My Book external hard drive that is a TB hard drive It currently has TB free of TB according to its properties I recently performed an Error-Checking run with the external hard drive by clicking on 'Properties' and then the tab that said 'Tools' and then 'Error Checking' and it went through that process and fixed whatever errors it might have found I had read on some other forum that I should try doing this to see if that would make the backup work but it still won't work and I'm still getting the same error code I read on another forum that you could possibly be getting the error code x A if you had a virus or malware or some other type of problem I'm not sure what else to try or do I do run Super Anti-Spyware Free Edition regularly as well as Microsoft Security Essentials but they say my laptop is clean I also cannot get a program to uninstall - it is called VSO Downloader and it has another program with it that I am also unable to uninstall called VSO EVE Network Driver version I don't know if these could have anything to do with my issue If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that may help me resolve this problem I would be so appreciative Thank you

A:Unable to Backup Laptop and Unable to Remove VSO Downloader Program

Hello there,From this article, it appears to be a bug in Windows Backup.Can you try using a third-party backup utility? Good choices are Macrium Reflect (for imaging) or EaseUS Todo Backup.Since you have a Western Digital drive, it is also possible to use Acronis True Image WD Edition.Let us know how that goes.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574767/unable-to-backup-laptop-and-unable-to-remove-vso-downloader-program/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all,

i am trying to uninstall a program called "Scanner utility for Windows" (from 'Add/Remove programs'), but once its removed it still shows up under 'Add/remove programs', it doesnt disapear from there.
i tried rebooting the computer afterwards, but it still shows up in there.

i am able to remove it from another computer, so not sure what the issue is.

i am logging with administrator rights on both computers, so what could the issue be?

thank you

PS Both computers run on Windows XP.

A:Unable To Remove Software- It Still Shows Up Under 'add/remove Programs'

Hello alexcirnuThis should help solve the problem http://windowsxp.mvps.org/AddRemove.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156988/unable-to-remove-software-it-still-shows-up-under-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi..I have a Program that has been installed on my PC which I wish to remove using Add/Remove program from Control Panel...but it will not uninstall. Please let me know if this can be done from the Registry....and how I actually perform the task If not, is there another way? The uninstallation continues for a few minutes and then stops . Your assistance would be much appreciated....Ray.

A:[SOLVED] Unable to remove Program from Add/Remove

Open Task manager>Process to check whether this program is running or not. If not, you can try to uninstall by uninstall file,located in program files. If still not, you can use some third party uninstaller software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unable-to-remove-program-from-add-remove-484607.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My son downloaded an inappropriate game and I am unable to remove it in the add and remove program. It gives me the message that it is unable to locate the installation log file, and the uninstallation will not continue. How do I get rid off this??

Relevancy 43.86%

Having troubles with this one quot Windows System Suite quot I remove Suite" System Unable "windows to know it s still there due to linstalling AVG Free and it Unable to remove "windows System Suite" says that an application is running quot Windows System Suite quot Action so far Downloaded and updated Malwarebytes - Cleaned up some stuff - Reran in Safe mode and reran in normal mode - appears to be Unable to remove "windows System Suite" clean - Still showed entries in Hijackthis log Downloaded and ran quot ComboFix quot - Unable to remove "windows System Suite" Cleanedup entries and appeared to be clean Installed AVG free and received the same message that an application quot windows systm suite quot is running Check bleeping computer site for fixes amd they suggested Malwarebytes Looking for assistance in cleaning up what I think is just remnants Direction Help arppreciated Adding Hijackthis latest Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run PinnacleDriverCheck C WINDOWS system PSDrvCheck exe -CheckReg O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe quot O - HKLM Run CanonSolutionMenu C Program Files Canon SolutionMenu CNSLMAIN exe logon O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKLM Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter O - HKLM Run DLPSP quot C Program Files Dell Printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor DLPSP EXE quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ... Read more

A:Unable to remove "windows System Suite"

It appears that there is still remnants of the Windows System Suite virus on this computer.

I'm getting messages from time to time when ever I run a program.

"xxxx.exe Corrupt File
The file or directory C:\document......(usally gives a tep .tmp file). is corrupt and unreadable.
Please run the chkdsk utility"

This appears to be a fake message and I'm concerned if I run the Chkdsk utility it will result in more issues.
I've check the "Chkdsk" program for version and size and it appears to be ok.

Still looking for second eys, thoughts, help and directions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-remove-windows-system-suite.907611/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a presario r3000 and want to replace the kybd. How do I get the cover off so I can get to it?? I took every screw out that I could see. It seems like something under the hinge is holding it on. How do I get the hinge covers off w/o gouging them up.

Ohh yeah this is my first post!! Hello everyone!! :wave:

A:How do I remove the Keyboard

Do the absolutely unthinkable and read the friendly manual?

Make your pick: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look...&h_query=presario+r3000&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-remove-the-keyboard.39213/
Relevancy 42.57%

i have been having endless snags with trying to upgrade my lpatops memory i need to remove my keyboard my system is an ei system i have found the chasis number to be U SI chassis quot screen if this helps along the top between the keyboard how do keyboard? remove i function keys and the laptop itself there are push clips with an how do i remove keyboard? additional one on either side of keyboard next to Caps Lock and PgDn after pushing these with a flat head the keyboard is slightly raised but still stuck down there are several screws on the base of the laptop how do i remove keyboard? however none are labeled apparantly they usually lable it KB i have unscrewed of the screws on base that look like they might be in the right how do i remove keyboard? place but still the keyboard is not free i m scared to be to rough with it as dont want to break it hope i have given enough info to help you to help me if you need anything else just ask nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Slowly have lost use of my keyboard Unable keyboard! to use on my laptop I have had this problem before and a friend completely reset the computer after backing everything up I am hoping there is another solution The problems I am having is no keys work of the time if they do the wrong letter is displayed often a group of letters I have avoided using the keyboard because if Unable to use keyboard! a key does work it continues to type it in any dialog box h web and notepad and makes selecting anything impossible starts selecting everything but does not open anything No other changes re apparent and no dialg boxes have appeared I am not sure what is affecting my computer and appreciate your time sorry if I haven t been as Unable to use keyboard! specific as needed I will respond to any replies as quickly as my on screen keyboard will let me type Thank you-Hazel DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Hazel at on - - Running Processes C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Ask com Updater Updater exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SafeConnect scClient exe C Documents and Settings Hazel Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY FNF SVC exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework naPrdMgr exe C Program Files Sony PMB PMBDeviceInfoProvider exe C Program Files Lenovo PMDriver PMSveH exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe c program files safeconnect Uninstall exe c Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrpservice exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe c Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery UpdateMonitor exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system osk exe C WINDOWS system MSSWCHX EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Hazel Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k eapsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k dot svc C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www mystart com ... Read more

A:Unable to use keyboard!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resouce! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/414103 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414103/unable-to-use-keyboard/
Relevancy 42.14%

I live in the UK and bought a UK laptop and installed it with all the UK-english features. However after downloading and enabling the JP keyboard, the US-english keyboard has forced itself into my switchable keyboards and I can't seem to get rid of it and it's crazy annoying. It doesn't show up in the keyboard section but is still in my language toolbar..

A:How to remove US keyboard option

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, just click English(UK) and let us know what happens.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61714-how-remove-us-keyboard-option.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Without going into details, about a teaspoon of shampoo got spilled on my laptop keyboard in the top left quarter. I tried posting this from it, but it was unreadable. I immediately shut it down & used a dry towel to wipe up excess but some keys still don't work .
Please don't tell me I have to tear my laptop apart The Esc key does work.
Its a VGN-CR590
I do have the manual ,but I don't think it shows how to remove the keyboard. TIA

A:How do I remove my laptop keyboard?

I'm stumped. I found this http://www.laptopkeyboard.com/Guides.php/Sony/VGN-CR (Silver)/VGN-CR590/KBS15
checked out the manual but still can't find the screws with keyboard icons & I fear breaking the keyboard by removing it incorrectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-remove-my-laptop-keyboard.206608/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, how do I remove the keyboard on my Fujitsu/Siemens Amilo L7300 to add ram?

Relevancy 42.14%

I have some weird problem in Windows 8.

For some reason i can't remove ENG US Keyboard from language bar.

When i click 'Language preferences' i get this window

As you can see there is no ENG so that i can remove it! When i click on 'bosanski' options i get this:

As you can see there is no anywhere English so i can remove it. On Windows 7 i dont have this problem!

A:I can't remove ENG US Keyboard from language bar

Back out to language and then select Advanced settings on the left.
Select change language bar hotkeys and then, in the next window, click the "Language Bar"
There you can choose to hide it..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24895-i-cant-remove-eng-us-keyboard-language-bar.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I need to replace a keyboard on a Satellite L50-B-1DV.

The keyboard that I have received from my suppliers does not have any screw holes so I am presuming that the existing keyboard comes out by prising it gently from the top rather than having to dismantle.

Can anyone confirm what is best method of removing a keyboard from this particular model.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91942-Satellite-L50-B-1DV-how-to-remove-keyboard
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to install the latest drivers for a new keyboard and mouse I got today Windows tries to install drivers for them but cannot find any This causes the manufacturers driver software to not be able to detect the new keyboard and mouse The only way that I can get them to work is if I use the task manager to kill all the quot drvinst exe quot processes before they can fail use Unable and keyboard mouse to new at finding drivers and then install the manufacturers drivers But this fix only works until I reboot my computer and Windows fails at finding drivers again causing the new devices to become undetectable I have Unable to use new keyboard and mouse updated my bios to the latest version My motherboard isn't even old I am using Windows Ultimate bit with the latest updates I am using trying to anyways the latest keyboard and mouse drivers from the manufacturers website I have tried many other keyboards and mice with no success Windows just fails to find drivers and makes them undetectable I have even tried switching my currently working keyboard and mouse to different USB ports and the same thing happens Windows fails to find drivers and causes them to be undetectable EDIT Current working keyboard and mouse only works in current USB ports Unable to use new keyboard and mouse Saitek Eclipse Logitech MX New keyboard and mouse Razer Lycosa Steelseries XAI Another keyboard and mouse that I tested Logitech G Logitech G System Windows Ultimate bit DFI LP DK- FX-M RS AMD Phenom II X GHz G Skill GB DDR MHz AMD Radeon HD GB ASUS Seagate GB

A:Unable to use new keyboard and mouse

Agj32mrgibbits, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Make and model of the mouse and keyboard would help (system specs wouldn't hurt either).

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133504-unable-use-new-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I really fix messing to Keyboard up unable and it need help with this Here's the issues that's happening after putting my computer to sleep for an hour it was still working perfectly fine the whole time It Keyboard messing up and unable to fix it was safe in my bag and as far as I know it hadn't been banged or anything When Keyboard messing up and unable to fix it I turned my laptop back on all of the sudden the backspace doesn't want to work without me holding it down hard to go back otherwise it's randomly typing the equals sign before disappearing I can't even type the equals symbol in it's also doing the same thing of backspacing if I hold it So now my equals button and backspace buttons are mapped to do the same thing Whenever I type the colon symbol it' s popping up the volume control but not moving it up or down And whenever I press the Enter button it randomly adds the slash button as you can see in my attempt to add it it's randomly adding itself to the previous sentences and enters it as such To add to this the directional buttons are messed up as well Pressing up moves the keyboard cursor up and then adds the slash pressing left doesn't want to work It acts like it moves then jumps the type cursor right back to its original position And pressing right adds the instead of moving so now it's acting like the button Has anyone else encountered this problem Please tell me that this is solvable

A:Keyboard messing up and unable to fix it

I have no idea how it happened. Then again, after I plugged in my USB keyboard and tested to see if it'd have the same issues (it didn't), it suddenly fixed itself five minutes afterwards. Gremlins... Or plugging in a USB keyboard helps set the bindings back in place. I couldn't tell you.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/66560-keyboard-messing-up-unable-fix.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys..

Ive just had to install a fresh copy of windows 10 due to some difficulties, now that it has prompted me with the language selection im unable to proceed further due to the keyboard and mouse not working.. I guess seeing as I have no drivers? Is there any other way around this due to me not having alot of options in the bios menu?

A:Unable to use keyboard/mouse

Is this a laptop with the built in mouse and keyboard not working or is it a desktop with an external mouse/keyboard? Either way, I assume that you tried another set and still no luck, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-use-keyboard-mouse.1172149/
Relevancy 42.14%

Never bothered with this before but was following a thread on here and I thought I'd see if I could help out.
So I r-clicked my shortcut, clicked "shortcut key" where it says none

and clicked, and clicked and so on.
Won't let me enter any info .
???????

A:Unable to Add Keyboard Shortcuts

Hello Sympatico,

You should be able to just left click on it to select the Shortcut key box, then type in a key or function key that you want to use as the shortcut. If that key or function key is being used by something else, then it will not let you use it again though.

Keyboard Shortcut - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/102405-unable-add-keyboard-shortcuts.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Each time I try to remove quot Web Search quot with add Remove programs I get an error dialog - quot The Microsoft Java Virtual Machine cannot find main class will exit quot FYI I was just reading another forum after googling for removal tools and someone suggested that the only way to remove it was to format the drive and start over I m still laughing but I guess it s sad because someone is going to believe that advice Anyways looking for good suggestions and directions I m still laughing edited I m unable to run the new version of HJT it keeps giving me an error and knock me out added a HJT for good measure using the older versions Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes with Search" "Web Add/Remove Programs Unable to remove C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Unable to remove "Web Search" with Add/Remove Programs WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Unable to remove "Web Search" with Add/Remove Programs PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Utilities hijack this HijackThis old exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blank O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab nbsp

A:Unable to remove "Web Search" with Add/Remove Programs

Hello ucurl!

Your HijackThis log is clean.

Your error message suggests that you have something missing or in error with the installation of the Microsoft version of the java virtual machine.

I am not sure how to help you with this problem, but I can tell you that it is not a security threat.

I suggest that you post your problem in the Windows XP forum on this website.

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-remove-web-search-with-add-remove-programs.328019/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi
I have recently updated to 8.1 update 1 and noticed that there is a new icon (next to the time) in the taskbar to choose either the US or UK layout of the keyboard.
I have chosen the UK layout and wish to now remove this from the taskbar.

Is it possible to remove it from the taskbar?

Thanks

A:US/UK keyboard icon in taskbar - How to remove

If you remove US as a language option for the keyboard layout the icon will disappear , it's only there as a way to choose between languages installed if more than one is available.

Control Panel , Languages.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46111-us-uk-keyboard-icon-taskbar-how-remove.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there I'm Remove Layout Unnecessary Keyboard currently building my Windows x Enterprise Image via SCCM R I'm using the following answer file for setting the region and language lt xml version quot quot encoding quot Remove Unnecessary Keyboard Layout utf- quot gt lt unattend xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com unattend quot gt lt settings pass quot specialize quot gt lt component name Remove Unnecessary Keyboard Layout quot Microsoft-Windows-International-Core quot processorArchitecture quot amd quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt InputLocale gt de-CH lt InputLocale gt lt SystemLocale gt de-CH lt SystemLocale gt lt UILanguage gt de-CH Remove Unnecessary Keyboard Layout lt UILanguage gt lt UILanguageFallback gt de-CH lt UILanguageFallback gt lt UserLocale gt de-CH lt UserLocale gt lt component gt lt settings gt lt unattend gt After the installation there are the following keyboard layouts available - German Switzerland - French Switzerland - German Germany Currently i'm removing via a User GPP Keyboard Layout Preload But this only affects the current user Is there any way how i can remove those Layout globally and set it to quot German Switzerland quot Only Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35c9d0bf-0d2d-4d65-84ab-02fa5aa4eb72/remove-unnecessary-keyboard-layout?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, when i startup, too many pop ups appear all over the screen. How do I switch them off?!?!
I'm working on it.
Specifically, I working on removing the windows 7 magnifer and onscreen keyboard, which popup at start.
How do I switch them off?
Help! before my computer breaks due to too many startup pop ups!

A:remove startup onscreen keyboard

Welcome meemoe,

See if this helps,

For on screen keyboard, click the options button then towards the bottom, control whether on screen keyboard starts when I log on.

On-Screen Keyboard - Vista Forums

For magnifier, click on the gear shaped options button, control whether magnifier starts when I log on.

Magnifier Starts at Startup - Enable or Disable

here's a couple screenshots,

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/82477-remove-startup-onscreen-keyboard.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Not sure if this is the correct forum for my question but can anyone help with how to replace the keyboard on my son's laptop, a pavillion 15-P264na?Many thanksJohn

A:remove HP pavilions 15-P264na keyboard

Start on p. 46 of the Service Manual here: Manual The keyboard is part of the whole top cover not a separate part. You can buy just a keyboard on eBay but there are no separate instructions for how to remove it from the top cover and replace it. An experienced tech can figure it out but without instructions a novice would have no chance. HP provides the replacement keyboard only as part of the whole top cover.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/remove-HP-pavilions-15-P264na-keyboard/td-p/5841334
Relevancy 41.71%

I need to change the display connector on my notebook, already removed HDD, Memories, ODD, all screws F2, F5, F8, and the keyboard plate is still blocked in the middle, cannot remove it from motherboard.
Any tips, please, about what is still tightening the plate to motherboard?

Thanks in advance

A:Cannot remove keyboard on Satellite Pro U400

Hi

Before you start to remove screws that secure keyboard (two of them at the top) remove screws for KB Holder. They are placed under the battery.
Check it out.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73880-Cannot-remove-keyboard-on-Satellite-Pro-U400
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello all. Some awful software has installed input language on my system during installation. Input language is not recognized and is shown as "???". When I try to open Keyboard settings to remove this language, windows error arises and system suggests using appropriate debugger. I want to remove this input language entry from registry, but was unable to locate appropriate registry key. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383575-cant-add-remove-keyboard-input-language.html
Relevancy 41.71%

How do i remove the keyboard on a HP notebook 15-p001TX

A:How do i remove the keyboard on a HP notebook 15-p001TX

@uzma? This is all you should need. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04330942 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-i-remove-the-keyboard-on-a-HP-notebook-15-p001TX/td-p/5700744
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey, quick question.

How do I remove the keyboard from the laptop to give the inside a cleaning ?

Thanks.

A:How to remove keyboard on my Satellite Pro C850-14C

Hi

I read that this is not very easy?
You will need to remove the CD/DVD drive firstly.
Then you will need to use a plastic stick to push the back of keyboard from the slot in ODD housing. The keyboard should be pushed until the corner raises upon top case surface.
After that using the same plastic pry slice to insert the gap between keyboard and top case, then pry keyboard edges carefully until all latches are unlocked.

By the way: doing this would will cancel the warranty?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70035-How-to-remove-keyboard-on-my-Satellite-Pro-C850-14C
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello.

After removing iks.sys [invisible keylogger stealth] I can't use my keyboard
anymore.
At the very first keystroke my system [win xp] crashes.
In the control panel [system-hardware], I can see that the keyboard doesn't
work properly (driver file is corrupted), but I can't fix it.
The driver files are i8042prt.sys, kbdclass.sys. If you have them, please send me.

I'm in serious trouble, please help me out.
Thank you

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there

I have bought a Toshiba Satellite R630-14J, and i would like to remove de keyboard for clean it.
I have tried to remove the plastic case between the keys, but I have not succeeded.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

A:Satellite R630-14J -How to remove keyboard?

My friend has an R700 which I think is the same design as that R630. If it is the same, it is a big job to remove the keyboard, the whole base of the notebook needs to be dismantled.

You can clean the keyboard without removing it using compressed air, however if it's a liquid spill, the keyboard will probably need replacing.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63947-Satellite-R630-14J-How-to-remove-keyboard
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello people I have an Inspiron n on which the hard disk has failed I have no real idea why it is necessary to do so but to access and replace the hard disk it is necessary to remove the keyboard I am PC savvy qualified at degree level in Computer Sciences enough for this not to be of any issue NORMALLY But as Inspiron keyboard C5010 remove cannot the subject suggests I am damned if I can remove the keyboard I have followed the dissasembly manual to the hilt Inspiron C5010 cannot remove keyboard Removed all screws optical drives memory etc Yet where in the manual and on the online videos there is a screw near to the RAM modules that holds the keyboard to the base this model has none And after releasing the catches on the keyboard Inspiron C5010 cannot remove keyboard its still stuck somewhere to the left Please Please can someone throw some light on this for me I need this machine back PDQ Your help will be much much appreciated Happy Belated Easter To You All Andy W Footnote All the documentation online leads to a screw to the rigt of the RAM modules I have enclosed a pic of the back of the machine Inspiron C5010 cannot remove keyboard clearly showing there is no screw URL Uploaded with ImageShack us IMG nbsp

A:Inspiron C5010 cannot remove keyboard

Are you sure that the screw is into the keyboard and not the plastic under the keyboard? My parents have a newer inspiron laptop and it takes about 30 seconds to get the keyboard out. Remove bezel, unscrew keyboard, turn keyboard over and unclip the connector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XabecfFe2XY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inspiron-c5010-cannot-remove-keyboard.1049000/
Relevancy 41.71%

Anybody knows how to remove Fujitsu Lifebook N3410 keyboard?

A:remove fujitsu N3410 keyboard

The screws on the bottom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remove-fujitsu-n3410-keyboard.78344/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello All I was able to install the Tech Preview without a problem including the ability to type info into text boxes As part of my testing I wanted to test out recovery Unable Win In To Tech Keyboard 10 Preview Use options one of the most important part of the OS to me On the subsequent recovery something went wrong and all Unable To Use Keyboard In Win 10 Tech Preview I got was a message stating that I had to reinstall the OS Which I did Unable To Use Keyboard In Win 10 Tech Preview and again the installation routine was smooth and I was able to enter my email address and verification code However this time once inside Windows I could no longer type in any text box the cursor did not move there was just a short flat monotone sound for each key stroke including the Shift Ctrl Alt and arrow keys The mouse on the other hand worked just fine including clicking on and selecting items In an attempt to start from scratch I did a complete restore and all went well until I came to actually start using the desktop On it I found the customized mouse pointer I had done in my original installation and feared that whatever had caused my typing not to function would carry over to the 'new' installation And sure enough the keyboard only 'beeped' at me whenever I tried to use it nothing appeared in the text boxes So in order to 'really' start from scratch I did a clean install of Windows from its DVD and was able to type into text boxes without a problem I then did the full install from the Win Technical Preview DVD that I know is good And now having been away from the laptop to type this it went into sleep mode and when I woke it the Password screen came up Now I can not enter my Password and the page shows it to be Locked Only restarting the computer allows me to enter my Password but the keyboard still does not work within Windows Tech Preview This message was composed on my desktop computer The computer that the Tech Preview is installed on is a Dell Latitude D originally built in It has a Core Duo Intel processor running GHz with GB of RAM a GB HDD split in to a GB Boot Drive and a roughly GB Data Drive Prior to running the Tech Preview I ran Win HP SP Bit OS and the laptop ran perfectly fine I've checked Device Manager and no exclamation points or red flag icons were found I then tried to run SFC and again ran into the same old problem even in a DOS box with Admin Privileges I'm locked out I say that because I'm more and more drawn to that conclusion I just don't know how to rectify it What is even more puzzling - and frustrating - is that a full reformat and reinstall doesn't reset everything back to a clean slate - its remembered my custom settings including an extra large black pointer arrow So whatever triggered the locked slate is being remembered as well And now for the final clue It was suggested that I try the on-screen keyboard which I did and it works perfectly I've now been through all the settings in the Ease of Access Center and can find no setting that disables the built-in keyboard or locks the on-screen keyboard in place Any other ideas for me to try and break this locked Password Protected Account I've already tried to create a second account but when I tried it demanded a Password but the computer again demanded a Password to proceed Any and all help appreciated and responded to Regards BearPup

A:Unable To Use Keyboard In Win 10 Tech Preview

Have you seen this page:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...If I recall, when I installed the Tech Preview it asked me whether or not I wanted to transfer over my previous settings or not...you did select 'No' correct?You could try reinstalling it and just create a new outlook account just for it, I believe all of your settings are automatically backed up to the 'OneDrive' - it could be syncing them (even if you told it not to) if you set up Win10 with a previous MS account. User Info Page Biography for full specs.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/unable-to-use-keyboard-in-win-10-tech-preview/4.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,
I believe this may be virus related. Started the computer and it began the chkdsk routine, which I thought was related to improper shutdown due to pwr outages we often have. I was unable to login as the keyboard would repeat any keystroke autofilling the field. I was able to get into the guest account as it has no password. Keyboard repeats in other fields and programs. I switched to a different keyboard and had the same problem. The Windows splash is pulsating more than I remember and cursor/wheel vibrates. Then saw that Norton was turned off. Can't make any changes from guest account. Have done multiple reboots, tried safe mode last good configuration with no changes. Ran full scan of Maleware AB, nothing found.
thoughts?

A:unable to login keyboard repeats

Forgot to mention that MBAB runs from guest account, but the elapsed time is wacky, running way fast and the 3-4 minute quick scan showing as time elapsed: 36 minutes plus. ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/259815-unable-login-keyboard-repeats.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all

I Just bought a Dell Inspiron 7000 gaming laptop (7559 I think) but the backlit keyboard isn't working.
I tried to hit fn - ->, fn f10 fn f7
I also tried to activate the backlit via Bios but there is no such option.

Can you help me how to activate this.?

A:Unable to detect the backlit keyboard

When you first turn on the system, the backlight will flash on for a brief time.  If you don't see that either:
1. The system doesn't have a backlit keyboard (they're not standard on all models),
2.  The backlight is bad.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994655
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi

I tried Teamviewer today for remote support brother's pc but i am able to see his screen but was not able to controll his pc by my keyboard and mouse.

i got view like this....

but when i read teamviewer manual they have mentioned of Request remote controll tab.but i didnt got it ..

screen shot of manual....
Teamviewer manual....check page 21/42
4.5.2 remote windows actions...

http://support.teamviewer.com/index.php?languageid=1

Am i missing something.......?

A:Teamviewer..unable to use my keyboard and mouse..

In your module, click on the "extra" button, then "options," then on the "remote control" tab make sure the access slider is set all the way to the top.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/teamviewer-unable-to-use-my-keyboard-and-mouse.719545/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone I am lacking in PC knowledge so please bare with me I was having problems with my PC the screen was multi-coloured after closing down games e g Steam so I figured it was a problem with the graphics card Unable keyboard PC - pick my it to up doesn't use and decided to clean it out I thought it might be Unable to use my keyboard - PC doesn't pick it up overheating So I hoovered out the inside but when I put back together I got a disk error message After poking about inside and ensuring everything was plugged in correctly I turned it back on and the error message was gone I was able to start the computer with no problems Right - the problem I have now is that the computer won t pick up the keyboard USB The lights in the keyboard come on but I can t type anything and therefore cannot log in to my computer as it has a password I have used a nd keyboard which also didn t work I managed to get hold of a PS to USB converter which also didn t work The keyboard works fine in BIOS It only seems to stop working once XP has loaded What do I do now My other half has checked in the BIOS and he seems to think that everything is OK nbsp

A:Unable to use my keyboard - PC doesn't pick it up

Hi purplegoth.
As you are receiving help for the same problem on another forum - it would be best for you to continue there.
It save us all time and is less confusing to you and those trying to help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-use-my-keyboard-pc-doesnt-pick-it-up.1033743/
Relevancy 41.28%

A technician replaced my T450 keyboard under warranty since it was having some problems, but ever since the top left corner of the keyboard is a bit loose.  When I hit, say, the ESC key, it depresses a little bit which isn't a function problem, but rather an annoyance.  So I went to the hardware maintenance manual, and tried to follow the steps, but for the life of me can't figure out how to remove those 2 little rubber stoppers under the battery!  I tried gently pushing on them as shown in the picture, but I seem to keep pushing them in further instead of them coming out.  Has anyone got any hints on how to actually get those little buggers out, so that I can try to reset my keyboard?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:T450 keyboard - how to remove rubber stoppers

Hi rcspencer1,

Here's a pretty good video showing how to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huD3dFzfvcI

Regards,
Dave

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450-keyboard-how-to-remove-rubber-stoppers/td-p/3311964
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi!
I have environment where I use following regional/language settings for (SCCM) unattended installations:

inputlocale : EN-USsystemlocale : EN-GBuserlocale : EN-GB
After installation there will be 2 keyboard layouts available: EN-US and EN-GB. I would like to see only EN-US there!
Is it possible and how to do it?
Thanks,

UV

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a516bb3a-b593-4327-9bbe-f263916d272b/w7-unattended-setup-remove-keyboard-layout?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I used to have soluto installed on my pc, those who are familiar with it, allows you to remove programs from start-up ...

I uninstalled it recently to solve something, big mistake ...

I now have all my original programs starting back up again ...

I have tried soluto, and 'msconfig' ... but am struggling to find a way of removing Microsoft laser keyboard notification's from displaying in taskbar, the cap-lock, num-lock and scroll-lock icon ? ...

is there a way of making these disappear ? they never used to be

many thanks in advance,

stuart

A:remove microsoft keyboard notification from taskbar ?

Uncheck Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar, then change the appropriate icon/icons to "Hide icon and notifications"

Notification Area Icons - Hide or Show System Icons and Notifications

Have you removed this Microsoft Laser keyboard software ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313459-remove-microsoft-keyboard-notification-taskbar.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, I like to replace my standard harddisk in my Ideapad 100-14IBY with a SSD. I have read the corresponding Maintenance manual and followed the instructions step by step.It is impossible to remove the keyboard without breaking it, it seems like it is glued. Is there any advise, other than sending it in to a service partner, how to safely remove the keyboard ? I just donīt get it why Lenovo really makes it so hard for users to change the drive in this particular model. Thank you in advance

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Ideapad 100-14IBY impossible to remove keyboard

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Please review the Lenovo Training Video for your model and the section pertaining to removing the keyboard.  Chances are the little catches on the edge of the keyboard are holding things up.

https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=701&key=TGVuZw==

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100-14IBY-impossible-to-remove-keyboard/td-p/2236062
Relevancy 41.28%

I just got a laptop that has a touch keyboard which I never plan to use. I have Start8 running and I use only the desktop UI. I go to task bar properties/toolbars and uncheck the touch keyboard apply and OK, and the icon disappears as it should. But when I restart it has returned. Is there a way to get rid of it.
Len

A:Can't remove taskbar touch keyboard icon

Try this: How to disable the On-Screen Touch Keyboard in Windows 8 - Scott Hanselman

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36884-cant-remove-taskbar-touch-keyboard-icon.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there
if you add an input method by mistake you CANNOT it seems remove it again.

The remove button is greyed out. This applies to Windows 8.1 not W8.

Anybody know how to get rid of this.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Cannot remove language or keyboard input method (W8.1)

It probably will be grayed out until you add another input method.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35472-cannot-remove-language-keyboard-input-method-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

You have helped me in another forum, so now I have another problem.

My Logitech wireless keyboard (duo navigator) began to type wrong letters. I checked to make sure US English was still indicated. It is.
I have had some other minor problems with the keyboard and mouse lately, so I want to uninstall them completely and install a wireless MS keyboard and mouse, but I get this error message when I try to uninstall them in add/remove:

"Sorry this software is not compatible with your operating system. Your device will still provide basic functionality. The installer will now close."

I want it out and I don't want to reformat the harddrive. I know it is difficult to remove completely (like Norton was) but if I could have some steps on how do it, I sure would appreciate any help I can get to take this stubborn program out.

I have xp sp2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-completely-remove-uninstall-logitech-keyboard.613163/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am trying to remove the keyboard from a Gateway M320 notebook. I can detach everything but the cable!

Step 13 of the instructions found here on Gateway's support site says to lift a brown latch to unlock the keyboard connector.

I don't see a latch anywhere near the cable -- brown or otherwise. I have tried gently tugging and sliding everything connected to the cable connector.

Is anyone familiar with how to disconnect they keyboard cable from this or similar model notebook?

Thanks.

A:Remove keyboard of Gateway M320 notebook

DISCLAIMER: I have never worked on a Gateway laptop computer. The following information is based on my working with LCD modules, some of which use similar cables and sockets. I am not responsible for any damage that may occur if you use this information.

The cable in the picture is a flat flex cable (FFC). Some FFC mating sockets are of a Zero Insertion Force (ZIF) type. The sockets allow the cable to be freely inserted into the socket. A locking mechanism is then latched to hold the cable in place. It has to be unlatched to safely remove the cable. The latches come in different styles. One style uses a flipper tab (I have seen brown ones) that extends the width of the cable. The tab flips towards the cable to lock it and away from the cable to release.

The ZIF socket in the picture looks like it might be of a type where the latch mechanism slides in and out of the socket, parallel to the cable. GENTLY AND EVENLY Pushing it into the socket locks the cable and GENTLY AND EVENLY pulling on it at each end to move it parallel to the cable and out of the socket a little bit releases the cable.

BOTH LATCH TYPES HAVE VERY THIN SECTIONS OF PLASTIC THAT CAN BREAK EASILY. THEY NEED TO BE HANDLED WITH EXTREME CARE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-keyboard-of-gateway-m320-notebook.766255/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello All I have an AMD with to socket Unable boot dodgy XP keyboard XP system My family Unable to boot XP with dodgy keyboard socket had a game one day with the PS Unable to boot XP with dodgy keyboard socket keyboard and finding the socket so much so that even when plugged in properly it did not work even tried a keyboard that I knew did work still no good must have damaged the mother board Unable to boot XP with dodgy keyboard socket Bought a USB keyboard did work but only when the old PS keyboard was plugged in When unplugged the system would get to the point of loading XP and just hang plugged in would work When powered off the PS keyboard lights for num lock caps lock etc would flash Tried to get into the bios but because the PS keyboard would not work could not get to the bios throught the USB keyboard Sometime it would work sometimes not Am now at the stage of buying another mother board Is there anyone out there with a solution Even tried to reset the bios but surprise surprise need a keyboard to accept the changes UGH nbsp

A:Unable to boot XP with dodgy keyboard socket

If you know someone that's handy with a soldering iron, you can replace the PS/2 connector. I keep a stack of old motherboards around to salvage parts from for these situations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-boot-xp-with-dodgy-keyboard-socket.374750/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,
Today I started my computer but it had a black screen so I restarted it. Afterwards it restarted itself again and comes to the system repair or start windows normally screen but my keyboard wouldn't work to start windows normally. Now I'm stuck on a loop where it tries to system repair and random BSOD appears. What do I do now? (I'm not really familiar with computers so forgive me if i cannot give much information about my computer)

A:System Repair loop, unable to use keyboard

try the steps in this link and see if it helps ya out any:

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/325919-system-repair-loop-unable-use-keyboard.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi. I have a Pavilion 15 Laptop that I am unable to log in to as the keyboard is not working. I have tried using an external USB keyboard but that isnt working either. I also tried using the onscreen keyboard which comes up fine on the screen but when I try to type in my password it keeps telling me 'Hidden' and will not actually input the password. Please help. I have also tried rebooting but no change. Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-log-onto-laptop-as-keyboard-and-touchpad-not/td-p/5636816
Relevancy 41.28%

I've just discovered a strange problem.  While my PC was off, I was cleaning my keyboard when all of a sudden, my PC turned on.  At first I thought that I accidentally bumped into the power button on my PC, but what actually happened is that I pressed the power button on my keyboard.

After searching the net and following instructions on how to disable this feature, I've been unable to find out how to stop this from happening.  I'm running Windows 8.1 and sleep & hybernate mode are disabled. 

Does anyone know which setting to change to disable the keyboard power button?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630648/unable-to-disable-keyboard-power-button/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am facing problems regarding the graphics in my laptop.videos are not playing well and brightness and volume up down buttons are not working

A:Unable to install graphic and keyboard driver

Hi @Vamshi136Welcome to the Forum. I'm here to help. To get things started I would suggest running the HP Support Assistant.The following are some helpful links for troubleshooting the HP Support Assistant or downloading the latest version:HP Support AssistantHP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 7) I also strongly recommend running the Windows Update Tool as it may find, and update any old or missing drivers that you need. When you've finished that, please respond back to this post. You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Unable-to-install-graphic-and-keyboard-driver/td-p/5587580
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all I d like to start by saying I m a big fan of this add/remove to from remove aaa unable site it has been helpful many times in the past A little bit of background on me I have been running a small on call on site computer repair service for a few years and have some CompTia certs I am a Moderator for a forum at a well respected and large fps game site so i do truly understand what you guys deal with and appreciate all the time and effort This is the first thing I ve run across that I have failed to fix remove Ok on to my issue I did get a version of the security tools virus kids get on this pc sometimes lol I was able to remove it and all the BHO s that went with it using rkill combofix HijackThis and Malwarebytes But one thing that remains in my cp It calls itself aaa and uses the java icon publisher bbb comments unable to remove aaa from add/remove ccc I have hit a wall trying to figure out what this exactly is I have nothing quot going wrong quot on this pc but unable to remove aaa from add/remove it still bothers me and can t be good When i try to uninstall it simply says it can t I have tried searching these forums and doing what another thread suggested which is pretty much the same things i did to rid myself of the virus in the first place but the person infected never responded and the thing remains So I am asking for some help on this My stats win xp pro AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Socket AM mhz FireFox Avira AV Many thanks for your time

A:unable to remove aaa from add/remove

If Add/Remove Programs is showing an entry but the program/folder has been removed, then its likely an orphaned entry in the Windows registy. Orphaned entries can be removed by going the registry but a much safer and easier way to do this is to download and use a third party program like MyUninstaller or RevoUninstaller. After launching the program, right-click on the entry and choose the option to "Delete the selected entry".To fix manually in the registry, refer to:How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add/Remove Programs ListRemoving invalid entries from Add or Remove ProgramsKellys Korner: Removing Invalid Entries in the Add/Remove Programs ToolCAUTION: This step involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable. ERUNT is an excellent free tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387585/unable-to-remove-aaa-from-addremove/
Relevancy 40.85%

A friend of mine keeps getting a pop up from some sort of movie site stating his free trial is over and He needs To Unable Ups Remove Pop to give his credit card info to continue the subscription How can we keep this from coming up Hopefully the below HiJack this log will help thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System Unable To Remove Pop Ups bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Unable To Remove Pop Ups Explorer EXEC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Unable To Remove Pop Ups CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeC PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mm tray exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exeC PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files License Manager license manager exeC PROGRA P PNET P PNET EXEC Program Files America Online aoltray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS System svchost exec program files common files installshield updateservice isuspm exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Java j re bin jucheck exeC Program Files fsupport notifier exeC HJT HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http mysearch myway com jsp dellsidebar jsp p DER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe deSrcAs dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe deSrcAs dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeO - HKLM Run Dell Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAYO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run RealTray C Pro... Read more

A:Unable To Remove Pop Ups

Please click here http://www.majorgeeks.com/Sun_Java_Runtime...ment_d4648.html to download the latest version of JAVA Install the application, then go to the Add/Remove Programs options in the Control Panel and Remove ALL previous versions of JAVA.Add remove programs ? remove MyWay SearchYou may want to print this or save it to notepad as we will go to safe mode.Fix these with HiJackThis ? mark them, close IE, click fix checkedR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://mysearch.myway.com/jsp/dellsidebar.jsp?p=DE R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\deSrcAs.dll O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4D25F921-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\deSrcAs.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MediaPipe P2P Loader] "C:\Program Files\p2pnetworks\mpp2pl.exe" /H O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [License Manager] "C:\Program Files\License_Manager\license_manager.exe " /silentDownLoad http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip orhttp://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/killbox.exeRestart your computer into safe mode now. (Tapping F8 at the first black screen) Perform the following steps in safe mode:Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box. C:\Program Files\License_ManagerC:\Program Files\p2pnetworksC:\Program Files\MyWaySANote: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.START ? RUN ? type in %temp% - OK - Edit ? Select all ? File ? DeleteDelete everything in the C:\Windows\Temp folder or C:\WINNT\tempNot all temp files will delete and that is normalEmpty the recycle binBoot and post a new log from normal NOT safe modePlease give feedback on what worked/didn?t work and the current status of your system

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75997/unable-to-remove-pop-ups/
Relevancy 40.85%

I?ve uninstalled IE8 before on 2 other Windows 7 installs with no problems. I go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\turn windows features on or off And uncheck IE 8 , and press ok and I get this error message: ?An error has occurred. Not all of the features were successfully changed.? And it doesn't get rid of IE8. Any idea how to fix this? I'm using Win 7 64bit thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/384334-unable-remove-ie8.html
Relevancy 40.85%

below is a link to a full screen capture of my spybot scan results i have tried everything to remove these entries but to no avail i am also posting my hijack this log file please post detailed removal instructions as i am a self-proclaimed ad mal spyware removal quot noob quot thank you and regards -AudioWave Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Unable HELP These - To ]!! [ Remove ] [ Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C PROGRA CACHEM CachemanXP exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Nero [ Unable To Remove These ] - [ HELP ]!! Nero Nero BackItUp NBService [ Unable To Remove These ] - [ HELP ]!! exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS System SnoopFreeSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS SnoopFreeUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd presario amp pf laptop R - URLSearchHook no name - bae c - f - d -a - f c a - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO QFX Software KeyScrambler - B F - A - - E -C B BC E - C Program Files KeyScrambler KeyScramblerIE dll O - BHO no name - bae c - f - d -a - f c a - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - C -C CD- E-B - CA EA - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie ... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

I keep getting Unable remove to pop-ups from SysProtect and WinAntiVirus I have no idea how to remove these spywares and it is very frustrating Can anyone help Unable to remove Here is a copy of my HJ log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files EPSON ESM eEBSVC exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system PRISMSVR EXE C Program Files Wire PortalMon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services sscAntiSpywarePlugin ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Wire g Wireless PRISMCFG EXE C Program Files America Online b aoltray exe C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe C Program Files ThePort XML Player XMLplayer exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c program files common files aol ee aolssc exe C Program Files America Online b waol exe C Program Files America Online b shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files Aol aoltpspd exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D-... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I need help to remove celldorado adult friend finder and many others pop upI had tried to used spybot lava and clear all the cookies temporary files Unable Remove Pop To Up for the explorer but the problems still exist please help thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system Unable To Remove Pop Up spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC crusty exe HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com sg R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Hosts This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names EachO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I H EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Phase One Media Reader C PROGRA PHASEO CAPTUR DCIMImp exe noscan CheckAutoStartO - HKLM Run close surf mail dupe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Tick Find Close Surf Coal Less exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe qu... Read more

A:Unable To Remove Pop Up

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum seraya My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.The current formatting of your log makes it difficult to read/evaluate.Open 'Notepad',click on 'Format' at the top,then uncheck 'Word Wrap' if it's checked.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Disconnect from the Internet. Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.*NOTE*In case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Download Deljob.exe and save it on your desktop.Double click on Deljob.exe.A log,(logit.txt) should open afterwards. This log will be present on your desktop.Post the contents of the logfile into your next reply,along with a new Hijack This log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115007/unable-to-remove-pop-up/
Relevancy 40.85%

My McAffe virus scan detected two PUPs that could not be deleted, cleaned or quarentined. I rebooted in safe mode and found seven PUPs that I deleted. However I still get a pop up whenever I start my computer and approximately every half hour or so after that. The pop says "powered by zedo' and this is the url:

http://c5.zedo.com/jsc/c5/ff2.html?n=350;c=585/6;s=363;d=16;w=720;h=300

I have run "Hijack This" and below I have attatched the log file. Can anyone help

Thanks
Pete

Relevancy 40.85%

Running XP Professional

A friend gave me a copy of XP Plus ... loaded alright ...everything seemed to work ... although now when I try to uninstall ... comes up not installed properly.

Whenever I insert the disc [copy that I had installed with] and hit setup it shuts down my computer. Even if I try 'Explore'...then setup...same problem!

Really would like to remove..as I don't like or use it...memory hog

Hope someone can help

Thanking all in advance

Gary

A:Unable to remove XP Plus

Maybe it can't uninstall because Windows is using it's files...

Start/Control Panel/Display
Select Themes @ top
Hit drop down list & select Windows XP or another that is not in "Plus"...

...then try to uninstall Plus

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-remove-xp-plus.152156/
Relevancy 40.85%

Im trying to remove kazaa media desktop from my computer,but it not possible via add/remove because of...The system file cannot be specified ..Error loading C:\windows\system\cd-chnt.dll,and so any help would be appreciated,o/s is windows me .....

A:unable to remove

telecom69
The only way I know of to remove Kazaa now is to reinstall it over the top of itself and use the new add-remove programs entry in control panel.
After you have successfully uninstalled Kazaa run Ad-Aware 5.83 from http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp and allow it to clean up any scraps left behind. Also review this website to make sure Brilliant is also removed properly.
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-875274.html

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-remove.88823/