Windows Support Forum

(USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV

Q: (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV

Hello I have a headset that seems to malfunction due to not beeing connected to a USB slot I have USB on Asus Support (USB) 2.0 IV Formula do How activate I checked my Device Manager and these are my USB Slots apparently I googled quot Standard OpenHCD USB-Host Controller quot and it seems that it is displayed (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV so by Windows itself to guarentee backwards compatability to USB and quot tranforms quot itself into an Advanced USB port once a USB device is plugged in For me however it does not do that My motherboard Asus Formula IV provides (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV drivers for the USB Ports only I assume the USB Drivers are part of the Motherboard Chipset The manufacturers website (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV however only provides me with a link to quot AMD Chipset Driver V for Windows XP bit amp Vista bit amp Windows bit WHQL quot from I installed that am not sure however if it's outdated AidaReport Paste org - Viewing Paste GNDhcFJA DxDiag Paste org - Viewing Paste ACBv JDf How should I procede Thanks in advance for any help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV

Hi koga99, welcome to the Forum.

You seem to be blaming the computer for your headset malfunction, whereas the problem is more likely to be with the headset.

What is the make of the headset & does the headset have it's own software?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388358-usb-how-do-i-activate-usb-2-0-support-asus-formula-iv.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all i am scratching my head at what mobo to get i was serioulsy going towards the maximus formula cause it has cpu level up for overclocking but it has pcie 2.0 and i have an 8800 gtx will it be compatible? with 2.0 bus . if you guys could maybe give me the pros and cons of each board i could make up my mind cheers

A:Asus striker extreme or Asus maximus formula?

that is a new board and the 2.0 bus is what the new video cards are going to be coming out at and this board will work work with u're card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-or-asus-maximus-formula.94396/
Relevancy 58.48%

Summary I am putting this in the UX51VZ-IS71T: on Asus Asus Question Support? general forum section and please bear with me I had posted earlier a thread about my Asus Ultrabook backlit keyboard Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support? not illuminated Thank you all that have responded to that post but nothing worked I ended up sending in my Asus for RMA and warranty repairs Here is where the fun starts I first made my case with Asus and they informed me that my Serial Number was invalid I told them that it is wrong as I bought the Laptop from MemoryLabs com which is a Certified Asus Re-seller It even posts their name on Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support? their website in quot Where to Buy Asus quot Please do not take this as racist or anything derogative but the Asus support staff are all located in India and there is no way to talk to a person in America The repair facility is also contracted out to a company called BizCom in Milpitas California Now the men and women who work at the support center in India do their best but to my understanding they are a separate company working to just take calls Same with the BizCom company which they are great but again contracted so there is nobody who works for Asus or knows Asus's RMA system My laptop has been sitting at the repair center with no updates from Asus When I contact the support center directly they said the Serial Number was Invalid and that they had to talk to Asus about the warranty service I though Asus already fixed this when I sent them my Invoice of the Laptop and that it was a certified Reseller My Question Has anyone ever had this experience with Asus before Is there a number to talk to someone in America What would you do in this situation as this is my first RMA service and unaware of what is normal

A:Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support?

I had correspondence with ASUS via e-mail. It was a while ago now, I think it was a link on their web site. It was a waist of time really. I wasn't impressed. Replies took forever and the answers seemed to be scripted responses. I eventually just gave up asking any more questions. My issue was with creating recovery media. At that time there was no way of creating a recovery disk set in Windows 8.0. The utility I was referred to only worked in Windows 7. It became a non issue when I put an SSD in my laptop and did a clean install of 8.0.

Most of those contracted out call centers go by a flow chart. Ask this question, if the answer is yes, take this branch, if its no, take this other branch. The person asking you the questions may have no technical background at all. As soon as you say I don't know, your basically screwed. Assuming you can actually understand what they are saying. I'm not racist, but I don't think its unreasonable to be able to talk to somebody that is fluent in my native language. It seems to be the luck of the draw sometimes. I've had some that I could understand easily, and some that were almost impossible to understand.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/58716-asus-ux51vz-is71t-question-asus-support.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Does Asus P6T or Asus P6T SE support Triple Channel in Memory (RAM) ?
What's difference between Asus P6T and Asus P6T SE ? Which one you guys suggest ?

Relevancy 55.9%

would any one like to explain to me. why is there only one ps/2 port on the maximus formula board?

A:Asus Maximus Formula PS2

Most people use USB for their mice and/or keyboard. Some companies sell computers with no PS/2, Serial, or Parallel ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-maximus-formula-ps2.637072/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone i am starting to build a new system with a maximus formula mobo. Having installed cpu , ddr2 etc ,deciding i was ready for a first time power test i swithed on psu which is a corsair hx620 , the led s on the board are lit , press on , cpu and psu fan turn for 2 secs and thats it. led s remain lit Does anyone have any advice pleaze!!

A:Asus maximus formula

make sure all power plugs are plugged into the MB, make sure cpu hsf is plugged into correct header on mb, you may have to have the gfx installed as well

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-maximus-formula.698869/
Relevancy 55.9%

Good day to all!

I am purchasing a ASUS Crosshair IV Formula next week, however I have one question I am unsure of.

I am not a fan of integrated audio in the least. I want to run a soundcard on this board, but if I am correct, it is my understanding there is no PCI slots at 1X. Will I still be able to run a soundcard on this board, or not?

I only intend to run one video card for now, as I simply have no use for 2 powerful cards.

Thanks.

A:Asus Crosshair IV Formula

The board has 4 PCI-E x16 slots and 2 PCI slots.

PCI-E x1 devices should work fine on any PCI-E x1 / x4 / x8 / x16 slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair-iv-formula.152906/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I have installed Win 7 64 bit after changing the HDD and downloaded and installed the wifi driver from the Asus web site. The wifi light now comes on, but the wifi does not seem to be active. There are no networks avalaible. How do I activate the wifi?
Thanks

A:How do I activate wifi? , Asus 1215B

Hello salvadorfreeman, Welcome to the Forums, Let me ask you , Are you in a known wifi hot spot and not seeing any networks ? Also, in Device Manager , do you have any yellow or red cautions on the wifi drivers showing ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336965-how-do-i-activate-wifi-asus-1215b.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone i just bought the ASUS model listed above and lately I've been playing Grand Theft Auto IV I installed a trainer for cheats and such for the game and it requires the use of the NumPad to navigate the trainer's menus within the game itself But I cant find a key Activate NumPad G74SX-XT1??? On ASUS To How labelled quot NumPad How To Activate NumPad On ASUS G74SX-XT1??? quot anywhere on my keyboard so now I'm stumped as to how to activate it There must be some kind of function key or some other arcane key combo I have to press to activate it But I've tried everything I know nothing has worked I decided not to post this question in the gaming section because I also have other apps besides GTAIV which also require use of the NumPad so this is more of a generalized issue This is a brand new laptop not refurbished or anything like that How To Activate NumPad On ASUS G74SX-XT1??? I've also read the manual for the laptop but no help there So If anyone here has my exact laptop model and knows the answer to my question then please reply Thanks

A:How To Activate NumPad On ASUS G74SX-XT1???

I am sorry, but prepare to be disappointed.....There is no Num-pad Key or a way to activate it.

From what I have read, It works, but not in the way gamers need it to.

See: Asus G74 Number pad, and Hard Drive.

Then: Asus G74SX-A1 Keypad Problem

Which lead to Page 4 of 8
Asus G74SX number pad "problems"? - Page 4

This is the first page of the above link: Asus G74SX number pad "problems"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187054-how-activate-numpad-asus-g74sx-xt1.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Asus Crosshair V Formula (Socket 942)
AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor Zambezi 3.6 GHz
Seagate 149G SATA-II 3.0 Gb/s
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Sapphire 2048 MB
Corsair GS800
Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 12G triple Channel System
2000 MHz 9-10-9-27 1.65V
Operating System is Windows 8

I have been building a computer and the specs above outline my computer I am currently only getting 535 MHz out of the potential 2000 MHz, I thought that the RAM was compatible with my system though I am starting to doubt that. Is it compatible? If so what am I doing wrong that I am getting such low results? Thank you for your input

A:My ASUS Crosshair V Formula's RAM Isn't Working! PLZ HELP!

Triple channel is for some Intel stuff, AMD goes to Double Channel only but i don't think that is the problem here. Those 535MHz you have to multiply by 2 so actually you are running memory at 1070 MHz (DDR = Double Data Rate). You'll have to adjust memory from the BIOS. Chances are you are not going to get all of the 2000MHz out of them but 1600 and even 1866 should be just fine.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/30803-my-asus-crosshair-v-formulas-ram-isnt-working-plz-help.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,

I am trying to control my system fans either using Asus Fan Xpert or Speedfan. Neither seem to work. I have tried changing settings in my BIOS like Q-Fan and Cool 'n Quiet but nothing seems to work.

I am only able to change my CPU fan (Which is a water pump) not the other fans in the case.

Anyone got any ideas or any other bits of software to try and use or things to do please tell me !

Thanks, If you need more info just ask !

PS SpeedFan:
Speedfan is able to see the fans & RPM however changing the speeds of the fans doesn't do anything apart from Pwm2 on the right side just changes the CPU fan and that's it

A:Asus IV Formula Corssair fan control?

Bump?! is anyone able to help please...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/265212-asus-iv-formula-corssair-fan-control.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I purchased an open box Asus Rampage Formula motherboard from Newegg. There was no drivers disk included. I need to know which drivers do I need to download from the Asus website?

Relevancy 55.47%

Hey gang I figured there may be a few of these purchased by TS members so Thought I would give a heads problem NB Asus Formula Crosshair IV up I read about the PWR NB SB heatpipe heatsink assembly standoffs being the incorrect height and not allowing full contact to the chipsets I checked mine out of the box and indeed it was Asus Crosshair IV Formula NB problem the case of the one I purchased or so Many are getting them this way and filing grinding or milling them down I milled them down inch and it left a flush Thermal compound pattern you do not have to be hyper precise as the screws from the back of the MB are spring resisted but you do need to take enough off I would suggest at least checking this before assembly if only to replace the deplorable thermal pad they put on it from the factory The difference for the boards with the bad standoffs and the correct ones or fixed is around C nbsp

A:Asus Crosshair IV Formula NB problem

Interesting.

I would've thought that such a high end hardware would have better QC than this.

Also, proof that Asus branded motherboards shouldn't automatically be considered better than other brands. Nothing more annoying than Asus fanbois saying their mobos are better just because its Asus....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair-iv-formula-nb-problem.150689/
Relevancy 55.47%

AMD Users Only Intel fanboys take yer arse's home P So I'm waiting on delivery for my new motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM AMD chipset as my current ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM has gone bad I'd like some reviews from users who have some good knowledge on the V Formula-Z to give me some pointers Is it good Is it better than the IV Formula in the sense of sound and overall performance and durability I've read and heard that the AM boards are backward compatible with AM CPUs such as my Phenom II X though I am aware that the AM motherboards just aren't compatible with AM CPUs I'd like to make a discussion on this specific motherboard Note Again I do not want Intel users posting in here saying quot get rid of AMD and get Intel quot or quot Intel is better than AMD quot I don't care for those critics I'm an AMD user enough said

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/394441-reviews-asus-crosshair-v-formula-z.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all

This is only a hardware related question so it doesn't have anything to do with Windows 7 but here it goes.
About a year or so ago my network card & implicitly my motherboard got stroke by lightning :|, as I mentioned HERE.

So far it seams to be working OK except the network card and the fact I cannot disable the ROG logo.
However, I was thinking I should consider the fact that it might break some day so I am trying to find a replacement but I haven't found one around.

Can you recommend me one that's still on sale and compatible with my other components?

My system specs are:
ASUS Striker II Formula
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5Ghz
4*2 Gb RAM DDR2 800Mhz
ASUS GeForce 285GTX 1Gb DDR3

A:Alternative to ASUS Striker II Formula

Looks difficult.

Here's what my favorite US online merchant has:

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Motherboards, Intel Motherboards, LGA 775

(Newegg doesn't ship outside the US and Canada. so this is only for reference.)

They're all microATX boards, and are hardly in the same class as a Striker II Formula.

I see a couple of copies of the Striker II Formula on eBay. They are fairly expensive.

I guess the days of Socket 775/DDR2 are largely over.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278869-alternative-asus-striker-ii-formula.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Good afternoon,
I am going to try and keep this short. Getting code 55 "memory not inserted" trying to get to bios without a gpu which is coming later. PC Build:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Formula
RAM: Corsair Dominator 16GB 2X8gb DDR4
Psu: EVGA 1000T2
SSD: 850 pro 2TB
SSD: 850 pro 256GB
Cpu liquid cooler: NZXT kraken x61
Cpu: Intel i7 6700K

I have tried different ram slots, same code. When the code is present the system shuts down shortly after. Without RAM the code is 53 (no memory inserted) which tells me that the motherboard might not be the issue. The ram I have is not on the QVL but it shouldn't be a problem. Any help would be appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-maximus-viii-formula-code-55.1170978/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone,

I am still trying to build my computer, and I have almost everything, but I am still undecided about the motherboard.

Up until now I was going to use the GA-EP35C-DS3R, even though the fact it only has 1 PCIe x16 slot really annoy me. But then I read Techspot's new guide and learned about the "ASUS Rampage Formula". That motherboard however uses the new X48 type of CPU, and I have the Q6600.

So, my question is:
Does anyone know of another motherboard like the ASUS Rampage that uses the older LGA775 design?

A:Asus Rampage Formula, GA-EP35C-DS3R?

Both motherboards use the same socket. The Rampage Formula uses the newer X48 chipset as opposed to the Gigabyte mobo's P35 chipset. I'd recommend a newer P45 chipset motherboard as the best option, something like this one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rampage-formula-ga-ep35c-ds3r.107490/
Relevancy 55.04%

Thinking of making the big switch from years of AMD gaming rigs to INTEL.
Currently am using a crosshair v formula z mobo with an fx 8150 cpu, and was going for a maximus vii hero mobo with an i7 4790k cpu.

Is this a worthwhile upgrade?
Is the maximus mobo inferior to my formula v?
I know the intel cpu is vastly better than the amd, but would I see a big improvement in my gaming?
Would I be able to use my 16gb 1600mhz corsair vengeance ram?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
(My gpu is an gtx 780oc 6gb version

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair-v-formula-z-vs-maximus-vii-hero.216689/
Relevancy 55.04%

Please help me !!! I for the life of me can't figure out how to have all 6 speakers playing at once with my Z506 5.1 from Logitech . I have windows 8.1 and have a Asus Maximus VI Formula and no extra sound card. I've went into the Asus software and selected the dolby digital 5.1 option but it seems to be random when all six speakers work at the same time ... usually on Youtube.com. Is there any way to have all of my speakers working at all times ? Please help !!! Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-z506-5-1-with-asus-maximus-vi-formula.1123701/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just bought all new hardware for a gaming PC, The problem is when i switch my power supply on, the computer starts up and runs for about 3 seconds then shuts off. also if i reset the cmos in the back the computer will do the same thing again. note this is without me even pressing the power button the case. After the power off the start and reset button are still lit up and the red led's on the motherboard are still lit. I have also tried unplugging all hardware to the mobo just to see if it will boot up, not matter what hardware is connected it will still do the same thing.

MOBO: asus maximus v formula
CPU: I7-3770K
PSU: corsair hx750
RAM: g-skill ripjaws
Video below.
Problem with custom. - YouTube

A:Power Problem ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA V

That particular board has the main 24-pin ATX connection on the right hand side of the board, and an 8-pin AND a 4-pin connection at the top left/middle of the board. Are all of these connections seated fully? Some say you only have to plug in the 8-pin at the top, but you might need the 8-pin and 4-pin as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/287584-power-problem-asus-maximus-formula-v.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have bought Intel 630 Pentium 4 HT 2Mb L2 800MHz LGA775 prescott Processor, Kingstone 512 MB 400Mhz Ram, 40 Gb Seagate baracoda 7200RPM HDD, MSI 6600Gt NX6600Gt TD128E SLI pci-e. I have selected ASUS Motherboard P5RD1-V http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5RD1-V&langs=01

I want to ask that does this mobo support EM64bit tecnology? Does this mobo support all my purchased items?

I have one more option
Buy ASUS P5RD1-V or Intel D915GAV ?
Intel Motherboard D915GAV http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/av/index.htm

Does D915GAV support both EM64T and Enhanced Intel speedstep technology?

A:Does ASUS P5RD1-V support EM64T? Buy ASUS P5RD1-V OR Intel D915GAV Motherboard?

Hmmm?

I'm not too sure about mixing up the nVidia cards in sli with
the ATI®RADEON XPRESS 200
ULI®M1573
I would research this board further.

The Intel® Desktop Board D915GAV on the other hand
seems to have what you've asked for:
EM64bit and sli and the Enhanced Intel speedstep...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-asus-p5rd1-v-support-em64t-buy-asus-p5rd1-v-or-intel-d915gav-motherboard.32360/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
I have Asus EAH5750 Formula 1GB and i have been experiencing some problems while running 64bit Windows 7. I keep getting random blue screens on 64bit operating system, i tried all the newest drivers from Asus and AMD and the problem didn't stop. Also updated the VGA BIOS, still nothing happened... At the moment I am running 32bit Win7 (i am forced to run 32bit because of the BSOD im getting on 64bit) and i have no problem on 32bit.... Do you have any solution for this problem? Please let me know if i should do anything. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-eah5750-formula-64bit-driver-problems.1018989/
Relevancy 53.75%

Couldn't find much info if motherboard runs on windows 7, was wondering if you guys could help out
Thanks in advance.

A:Asus Maximus Formula x38 (Special Edition) and Windows 7 Compatibility

Should not be a problem I have it running on a 915 and a 945 chipset.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-maximus-formula-x38-special-edition-and-windows-7-compatibility-407200.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there strange I never knew Formula Crosshair II Asus up help sound a picking Need cheap for card about this forum yet it s users have fixed around problems for me in the last or so weeks And now I need your expert advice Okay so I have a ASUS Crosshair II Formula Build with Sata GB HDD Crappy Q-Tek W PSU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Ghz Dvd-rw and Cdr drive but I have no sound I ve heard about the amazing SupremeFX II sound card however I only want to be able to hear the odd bit of music youtube video s I don t want to spend for superb quality sound I brought a rubbish C-Media CMI MX not even knowing weather it d work Need help picking up a cheap sound card for Asus Crosshair II Formula or not but i assumed the mobo would have standard PCI solts which it did The first time round it worked but the sound was soooooooooooooooo quiet you wouldn t believe it even with all volume options maxed out and strangly the S ATA drivers for my HDD kwpt on saying they wern t installed So I system restored and tried again a few days laters now the Need help picking up a cheap sound card for Asus Crosshair II Formula desktop wouldn t even boot the LCD poster just hung at quot PCI Int quot so my questions are Is that sound card imcompatible with the mainboard if not How can I get the desktop to boot so that I can install the latest C-Media drivers from they official site If the sound card is really that awful then can anybody recommend a cheap - sound card that ll work Thanks in adviance nbsp

A:Need help picking up a cheap sound card for Asus Crosshair II Formula

You should be able to use any PCI or PCIe 1x sound card if you have an available corresponding slot. If you're looking for a really cheap card try searching around for an Audigy 4. They are decent-sounding cards and offer a good variety of audio features. If you're still thinking that's too much, you could probably find a Creative Audigy 2 ZS for even less money, or go with a different brand like Turtle beach.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-picking-up-a-cheap-sound-card-for-asus-crosshair-ii-formula.153003/
Relevancy 50.74%

They were pretty good a year or so ago. Now they don't even respond to support issues whether from the forum or from their webform.

A:What has happened to Asus support?

Maybe you were lucky last year. I used Asus boards for several years and never had a good experience with support generally. Mostly due to flaky web sites rather than outright non-response to a submitted issue, but it was enough to make me give up on Asus.

I don't think any of the motherboard manufacturers will win any support awards. You just have to hope you can avoid their customer support entirely.

I bought a Gigabayte a couple of months ago and actually got a response to a question within 48 hours---more than I expected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/155106-what-has-happened-asus-support.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I just installed Win10 on a 2nd partition (dual boot) from an ISO, but without the Asus mobo drivers CD (yet). The Asus site says this:

"The following motherboards offer Windows 10 driver for OS upgrade and compatible installation" and my Z87M-Plus mobo is listed.

but nothing to click on to download anything. Anyone know what this means? Does it mean old disc will work or MS provided full support on initial install? Every thing seems to work so far but fonts are a bit small, so I expect the screen res is not what I had earlier with the Win10 eval install.

Does anyone have any feedback on how well it installs preserving all orig apps? Will it work if most of my apps are actually on a separate drive? Did that to save space on the SSD where "C" sits.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-z87m-plus-support.1152764/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi - I just need to know if the ASUS PSB board supports Celeron processors, cuz the one I put in instead of the PentII is not doing anything. I went to the site but I don't have an ID, and I can't be bothered right now. Thanx

A:ASUS PSB support Celeron CPU?

Are you sure that is the correct motherboard, I can't find any listed at asus, except for some notes to notebooks. And if it is a notebook which model. The one I looked at would support Celeron®, 128KB On-die cache* 450/ 500/ 550/ 600/ 650MHz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-psb-support-celeron-cpu.42680/
Relevancy 50.74%

I finally recieved my new asus a n-sli premium board along with a bfg tech gt and some other goodies and got it all set up To my dismay the system would not boot This is the second board i have tried to set up with my new system that would power up but would not post or show any video I thought it was strange to receive dead boards so i decided to call AMD and see about the processor also new purchased with first board Turns out my San Diego is revision E the other possibility is E and the a n-sli premium did not support revision E - explaining what I thought was a dead board so i returned the board to get the a n-sli deluxe which should be here tomorrow the deluxe version does support asus CPU support deluxe a8n-sli the E revision since BIOS or later so my question is - if i were to get this new deluxe board and it has an older bios or would it be able to boot so that i could flash it or would i have to send the board to asus to be flashed i plan on contacting asus support if it the board doesnt boot but i was wondering if anyone here knows what will happen or if they have had actual experience with this situation i am very anxious to find out and didn t want to wait for asus support so thank you in advance if anybody knows what s up giddy http support asus com cpusupport cpusupport aspx SLanguage en-us thats the cpu support page that AMD pointed me to the required for my processor is a few versions old so i hope that the board ships with at least that version and it wont be a problem at all nbsp

A:asus a8n-sli deluxe CPU support

I would bet that your board ships with at least 1011 (1008 minimum) as 1011 is the first BIOS to support X2. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but I think you're just going to have to play wait and see. Please let us know what happens will you? TIA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-cpu-support.38204/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi...

My amd processor x2 5200 i got some problem so i gave to amd for RMA they replaced new Amd processor. Thing is they gave AMD Athlon X2 250. But my mother board Asus M2N-MX PLUs
I just connected tested... no display @ monitor.

Does my mother board will support AMD Athlon X2 250. ???????

Thanks...

A:Asus m2n SE Plus support AMD Athlon X2 250?

The AMD Athlon II X2 250 is not supported by your motherboard according to Asus' website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-se-plus-support-amd-athlon-x2-250.163721/
Relevancy 50.74%

Are there two versions of this mother board? Everytime i look for specs of this thing, i see a max of an AMD 2100 and an FSB of 266... but i always find this picture accompanying it... That is NOT my mobo... what's the deal?
I want to upgrade to an AMD 2500 and pop on a coolermaster aero 7... and overclock those babies... just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this situation... tell me stuff i need to know.
Thanks a bunch, to everyone that replies...

A:ASUS A7V333 support...

Maybe this is what you are looking for ...

Asus A7V333-X

or this ...

Asus A7V333

There does appear to be two versions, just as you say, though the model numbers are slightly different (A7V333 vs A7V333-X).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v333-support.5940/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Folks,

I understand there's a forum, run by Asus, where you can ask questions directly to the developers. This is NOT the usual user's forum.

Anybody know anything about that?

Regards,

Henipatra

A:Asus Technical Support

I guess no one knows about such a site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-technical-support.132281/
Relevancy 50.74%

does anyone know if there is any official windows 7 support for the asus a8n-sli premium motherboard?

i have looked on the asus support website and it doesn't list windows 7 as one of the available operating systems do download drivers for.

A:support for asus a8n-sli premium?

Welcome to seven foruma Matt26: As of now you can use the Vista drivers in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode It's a Nforce 4 board, Which Nvidia hasn't provided windows seven drivers for yet and may not ever Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/46696-support-asus-a8n-sli-premium.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, i was wondering with my current specs if my laptop can handle either a CPU overclock or a CPU change/upgrade of some sort. ive run a bunch of tests on games, turns out that my CPU is what's lacking in awesomeness, but the rest is fine, so i figured maybe instead of buying another laptop and wasting hundreds of dollars perhaps i can make this one better.
idk if specs are posted below my post so il just post it here anyways

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3583 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461939 MB, Free - 403768 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. , K50ID , 1.0 , BSN12345678901234567
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-support-required.950614/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys,

Do you know if the latest BIOS update will allow my motherboard support DDR3-type memory cards?

A:asus m2n68-am se2 memory support

NO.

DDR2 SDRAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/150466-asus-m2n68-am-se2-memory-support.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Tech Z87 support on Solved: USB Partial Asus Pro Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Solved: Partial USB support on Asus Z87 Pro Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC Z -PRO Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Yesterday evening I noticed that my keyboard and mouse wouldn t start after coming out of sleep mode Inevitably I had to manually switch off the box Solved: Partial USB support on Asus Z87 Pro However on restart they still didn t work I unplugged and re-plugged my devices and found that a bank of USB ports on the top left rear panel were not operating whereas all the Solved: Partial USB support on Asus Z87 Pro other USB ports lower down were o k There are also two USB ports on the top of the case These are working fine I have re-loaded the drivers but still no luck There is some power reaching these four errant USB s as when I plug in the X-Box controller green led blinks but then disappears The Windows device manager doesn t show any hazard warnings against any of the USB ports I went into the BIOS and checked the USB settings It was set as partially operational so I changed this setting to fully operational Still no luck I have run out of ideas and would appreciate anyone s input into solving this conundrum Thanks in advance JJ nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Does anyone know if (or where I can find information about) DVI-A support on the ASUS Radeon HD 7850. I've had this graphics card installed in my PC for a few years now. It's been great, but it lacks a VGA port, which I now need for a project. If I'm able to use a DVI-A to VGA adapter that would be ideal, but I've not been able to find any information that may indicate whether my graphics card supports DVI-A.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvi-a-support-on-asus-radeon-hd-7850.1159155/
Relevancy 50.31%

hey guys,
does anyone know if this ASUS CRW-5232AS drive can burn 900 mb cds? i check out some reviews and none mentioned it could so i think im out of luck. also, if it doesnt is there any way to like change firmware or something so that it could? thanks

A:ASUS CRW-5232AS support 900mb cds?

I think it's more on if your burning support can support it. I think it's called overburn on Nero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-crw-5232as-support-900mb-cds.353958/
Relevancy 50.31%

I need Suport CD for this Mainboard M2n32 deluxe. There is one software Soft AP for Access Point i cannot find on Internet.
Have somebody something like that?
Thx
Ossi

A:Support CD for Asus M2n32 deluxe

Hi osmania,
I guess this is an Asus motherboard? Here is the link to the software/drivers for Asus M2n32 SLI deluxe mainboard.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/111848-support-cd-asus-m2n32-deluxe.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I was looking up mobos and found this one on Newegg: here. I want to make sure that it supports the Core 2 processors before I buy it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-asus-p5ld2-support-a-core-2-duo-chip.73574/
Relevancy 49.88%

How fast of a cpu can my ASUS CUV4X mobo support???
I need to know ASAP!!!

Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

Does anyone have any experience dealing with ASUS customer support? I've got a P8P67 LE that won't post (it's also got the faulty 3GB SATA Intel bug and is eligible for the recall.)

Problem is, I can't get ahold of ASUS at all. I've filled out their online form for the recall using the mobo serial number, but when I try to look up the status on their status page it tells me my serial number/email is invalid. I can't register again because i'm already in the system. So I filled out a customer service request 10 days ago and haven't heard back. When I call I've been transferred around, disconnected and left messages that haven't been returned.

Anyone have any advice on how to get ahold of them? I've got a dead board, eligible for recall, and it's still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-contacting-asus-customer-support.167984/
Relevancy 49.88%

Does this motherboard act like a wireless router? Can I use it in place of one or does it only connect to a router? I have a MacBook Pro which "sees" the PC in Access Point mode but won't connect to the internet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/asus-p5e3-deluxe-wifi-ap-n-support-309714.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an ASUS maximus VII here that I have been very happy with so far. By far one of my favorite boards to date. I am running dual GTX 780s on it and am looking to expand to 3gtx 780s..... It LOOKS like there is about a spare 6mm of clearance left over id I were to install a 3d card, but before I go drop another $450 I am hoping someone can tell me if the board will actually support 3way SLI. I cant think of why it wouldn't, but $450 is not a small amount to be doing an experiment.

I appreciate the support!

A:Can an ASUS Maximus VII support 3 graphics cards?

I just did some research and see that it chokes up on the last one being PCIe2.0-8x I may buy a rampage in the future and use this one in my server farm.... We will see. Still looking for opinions. I think the obvious answer is the transfer rate is not worth it but if someone wants to tell me I'm wrong, I'm all ears.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/365239-can-asus-maximus-vii-support-3-graphics-cards.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I don t pretend to know much about CPUs doesn't M3A78 asus support II 965? Phenom Why x4 mb or motherboards so thought I d ask you guys I currently have a Asus M A Motherboard and didn t want to have to upgrade it for a new processor So i found out that the Phenom II X s are AM backwards compatible and began my search for the processor I wanted After reading about the AMD Phenom II X Black Edition I decided it was the processor I wanted with the right price tag for me but to my dismay despite the M Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? A page saying it Supports nm Phenom II X Processors Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? the does not appear on the cpu supported list on the asus webpage I called but wasn t given any real reason i think the guy just read what I had and saw it missing from the support list TL DR So I was wondering Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? just why the Phenom II x BE isn t supported by the Asus M A motherboard Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965?

I took a quick look at the CPU list on the web and the Phenom II X4 965 seems to be supported. Nope I was wrong. It's not supported. I looked up the ASUS M3A78 EM which does support that CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-doesnt-asus-m3a78-mb-support-phenom-ii-x4-965.175272/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Dell venue 8 pro. I have seen in forums that it will support Miracast. Whether all windows 8.1 machines/or machines with windows 8 upgraded to windows 8.1 will support miracast? Or is it machine specific?
If so how to find out whether ASUS S400CA with windows 8.1 will support miracast?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37497-asus-s400ca-windows-8-1-will-support-miracast-not.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I just ordered a 3TB HD. I was under the impression the install would be normal plug and play. However, something prompted me to google the drive and people had issues with their system identifying the larger sized drive.

Iirc, Brink had my mobo (P6X58D-E). I am still running the second oldest bios. Asus download website is a mess and I can no longer find any info on bios updates. But that's ok, I guess since I tried flashing a few times before and all my settings were changed and I did not know what the new setting did since they were not present in the previous version.

So my question is if I can install Windows 7 onto my newer Toshiba HD: Newegg.ca - TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit?

A:Asus motherboards: P6X58D-E does it support UEFI

Quote:
Asus motherboards: P6X58D-E does it support UEFI

Looking at the specs
Motherboards - P6X58D-E
not UEFI.

You can still use all of 3tb, when the drive is set to GPT as a DATA drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313732-asus-motherboards-p6x58d-e-does-support-uefi.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

Asus P6X58D Premium

I heard the gigabytes UD3R's usb 3.0 get cancelled when using crossfire or sli? Does Asus Premium does the same?

thank you for your answers, would help me alot

Explain in detail if you can please..

A:Motherboard Gigabyte or Asus? Which one fully support usb 3.0 and crossfire?

I heard the gigabytes UD3R's usb 3.0 get cancelled when using crossfire or sli?Click to expand...

That does not seem very probable. What's the source of this information?

Both ASUS and Gigabyte are great brands. Just get the board that comes in cheaper as long as they have the same feature set.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-gigabyte-or-asus-which-one-fully-support-usb-3-0-and-crossfire.142775/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi again

Can this mb support this ram?:

1024MB Stick, 6-Layer PCB, CAS 3.0, 128x4 Configuration (High Density), 184 Pin, DDR Memory

I went to the website but I didn't see anything that mentions if the ram can be high density...and the site doesn't really give extensive ram specifications anyway just a list of ram sticks that only reach up to 512mb that are compatible (didn't see information on if it should be CAS 2.5 or 3.0 or what either), but im sure I can have a 1024 mb stick as my board supports up to 3GB of RAM. I just want to know if the specific RAM mentioned above will work on my motherboard because I've read that this motherboard can be touchy when it comes to RAM...

A:Can an Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard support 1 gig of high density RAM?

Your m/b can support this RAM: 3x DIMM for DDR400/333/266 Max 3GB. :hotbounce

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-an-asus-k8v-se-deluxe-motherboard-support-1-gig-of-high-density-ram.22958/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Guys I'm Aking if someone knows how to install the Asus' MB support software, (like Ai suite, Turbo V, etc...) i need it for OC etc... they desn't want to install in Win 8, I tried with compatibility options, but it says that mb isn't supported...
Some ideas?
Thanks in advance

A:How to install Asus AI Suite, Turbo V, and other MB support software..

Does your motherboard support it? You haven't filled in your system specs so its hard to give any advice on something like this.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7187-how-install-asus-ai-suite-turbo-v-other-mb-support-software.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Just reinstalled windows definition device Formula audio -- on audio ASUS Maximus bus high xp Reinstalled all my drivers but I'm not sure what this quot audio device on high definition audio bus quot driver is that device driver has put that yellow question mark next to I've looked and audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula looked on Google it seems some audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula people have fixed with video card drivers others motherboard drivers I'm using a fatality pro soundblaster card I've tried to download the audio drivers for the maximus formula but I believe this goes to the sound card that comes with the mobo which I am not using When I try to install it says that it doesn't match my hardware and aborts I have also disabled on-board sound or the equivalent thereof for this board in BIOS My chipset is X and my SB is IR ICH R Also if it helps the device instance id is Quote HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV AA amp SUBSYS AA amp REV amp A amp amp Oh and thanks

A:audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula

Are you getting sound through the sound card? Did you install the drivers to the sound card? Try to enable on-board and see if you get sound from the card? After you enable on-board, install drivers for it, then go back and disable it so it might shut up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-asus-maximus-formula-283675.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there I recently bought an ASUS laptop model F LA and it came with windows I formated the hard drive and installed a clean copy of windows only to discover that on ASUS s website they offer absolutely no to support offers no From for Win8 win7, wireless? Solved: asus support or drivers for this particular model just manuals and licenses oh and i think some bios updates too Somehow I found some drivers here and there but some of my devices are Solved: From Win8 to win7, asus offers no support for wireless? still not recognized on device manager and when I try to update the drivers from there it says windows could not Solved: From Win8 to win7, asus offers no support for wireless? find driver software for your device the devices I still have Solved: From Win8 to win7, asus offers no support for wireless? problems with are intel r series xhci hc - c intel r atom tm celeron pentium processor intel DPTF thermal framework device - network controller probably my wireless as it doesn t work also my biggest problem pci data acquisition and signal processing controller Unknown device usb -crw No CD containing drivers came with the laptop im getting desperate Any ideas Also can someone move this to software i think i posted it on hardware by mistake nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

Just bought the above card to replace an old AMD Radeon HD 6450

When I unplug the old card and insert the new one, connect the 6-pin connecter from the PSU to the new card and power on - the new card led goes solid green, the fans run, but there is not output from the card to my monitor (which then goes into power saving mode).
Can anyone confirm if there is anything else I need to do to get the new card to work on the XPS 8300?

XPS-8300  i7-2600 3,4GHz 12Gb RAM
H67 Motherboard (Dell 0Y2MRG)
Win 7 64 bit

new card is ASUS Radeon R9 270 2BG GDDR5 

Please help!!!

A:Will Dell XPS 8300 A06 BIOS support ASUS Radeon R9 270 DirectCU II OC graphics card?

It wont with the stock power supply and its likely that it wont post at all due to UEFI bios requirements.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19623366
Relevancy 45.58%

I am formula incorporating Holidays and Solved: add daily included with formula IF running a sales Solved: incorporating IF formula with daily add formula and Holidays included spreadsheet that requires sales entered each day I use a simple formula to run a continuous total starting at Monday and ending Sunday st cell for sales input is B second D third F and so on st Cell for accumulated sales is C second E and third G and so on I use B D to caluculate the running total in E or example and to eliminate that total appearing in G where the next formula is B D F I precede that with an IF formula IF E This way I only show the current Week to date totals not the upcoming days in the rest of the week My problem lies in Holidays If for instance D the Tuesday was a holiday and I enter either quot holiday quot or just leave it blank the rest of the weeks formula will not work I get a Value message How can I achieve my goal of getting a daily week to date total without having it show in the upcoming days AND have a holiday in there too Any suggestions would be appreciated Thank you John nbsp

A:Solved: incorporating IF formula with daily add formula and Holidays included

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-incorporating-if-formula-with-daily-add-formula-and-holidays-included.786017/
Relevancy 45.58%

For some reason I cannot get Excel 2000 to display the results of a formula. Only the formula text displays. I've gone to Tools-Options-View-Windows Options and checked and unchecked the Formulas checkbox. It doesn't make any difference.

Help!

Thanks,

Thomas

A:Excel 2000 Formula Text Displays instead of Formula Results

Format the cell as a number, it prolly is fmt'd as text

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2000-formula-text-displays-instead-of-formula-results.271616/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I m working on a financial formula trying Formula Can Excel How Blank I Row Ignore In Cells Formula? / to calculate a growth rate for a row of cells The problem is that not all rows have complete data sets so the formula picks up blank cells Excel Formula / How Can I Ignore Blank Cells In Row Formula? and returns a DIV error The existing formula works fine for those rows that have non-zero entries in all cells and I can manually adjust the formula for the starting ending cells in each row--but what a pain As this spreadsheet grows larger or the data sets change over time it means I have to constantly keep adjusting it for every row of data involved which is extremely time-consuming Here s an short example of what I might have in any given row A blank B blank C blank D E F G H I J --then in K is the growth formula e g J A - Is there ANY way to create a formula that will dynamically adjust for the blank cells that might exist across a row of data and let the formula do the calculation I m new to advanced Excel topics but any ideas would be MOST appreciated Thanks - CP nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I use Excel 2000. I would like to know if I can put a formula in a cell and then copy the result to paste elsewhere.

For example, let's say that in column A I make a list that starts with 4 in cell A1. Then A2 contains the formula =A1+2. A3 contains A3+2, and so on through A10. So I end up with the list 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 in cells A1-A10.

But now, if I want to copy the result in A8 (18) and paste it elsewhere, can I do it? I don't want to copy & paste the formula because the formula will not give the correct result if the cell is not in the original sequence. I want to copy & paste 18 to a new cell, not the formula =A7+2. Can it be done? Thanks.

A:Solved: Is There A Way To Copy & Paste The Results of A Formula, But Not The Formula?

2 ways-

1) Copy the item and then 'paste special' (right click the cell you want to paste the number(s) in; select paste special; select values only.

or

2) Save the sheet as a .csv and all the formulas are removed.

Only two ways I've found my friend, good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-there-a-way-to-copy-paste-the-results-of-a-formula-but-not-the-formula.864855/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello. I am having trouble with a workbook I am creating. I have five columns with the potential to contain data (it is a gradebook for my class). The problem is that not all columns currently contain scores (I haven't graded a writing assignment, for example). Because those columns not used return the #DIV/0! error, it also screws up my other cells where I calculate GPA and Letter Grades. How do I get it to skip a columns sum if no data has been entered for that column?

Thanks?

I have the spreadsheet if anyone feels they need to "see" it to help.

Jeff See

A:#DIV/0! Error How do I get formula to skip a cell where the formula returns a sum 0?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/div-0-error-how-do-i-get-formula-to-skip-a-cell-where-the-formula-returns-a-sum-0.278603/
Relevancy 44.29%

Attempting to optimize (least number of clauses/arguments) the following formula: The formula works but it is cumbersome and therefore not as efficient as possible.

=SUMPRODUCT((OperatorRng={"APZ"})*1)

+(SUMPRODUCT((OperatorRng={"MXC"})*1)-SUMPRODUCT((OperatorRng="MXC")*ISERROR(SEARCH("*EMPLOYER*",PurchDescRng))*ISERROR(SEARCH("*P/R*",PurchDescRng))))

+(SUMPRODUCT((OperatorRng={"TRA"})*1)-SUMPRODUCT((OperatorRng={"TRA"})*ISERROR(SEARCH("*EMPLOYER*",PurchDescRng))*ISERROR(SEARCH("*P/R*",PurchDescRng))))

Attempted the following:
(OperatorRng={"APZ","MXC","TRA"}) ... This did not work because I need all data for "APZ" but more limited data from "MXC" and "TRA"

Thus I concatenated three SumProduct formulas where I know it could be accomplished in one pass with "*" and "+" and "-".

That said, I am in a perpetual not-productive loop.

Would appreciate any thoughts!

Dennis

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/374315-sumproduct-formula-minimize-working-formula.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I need to do the following:

Search array
1 a 12 asdas
2 b 121 agrsfsa
3 c 3 qwgds
4 b 131 erwer
5 e 4123 q3eqt

need to return something like this
lookup value b

answer should look like this

2 b 121 agrsfsa
4 b 131 erwer

index, match can give me one row, however what could return multiple values

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers

A:Excel: Is there any formula that would do Autofilter's functionality as a formula

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-is-there-any-formula-that-would-do-autofilters-functionality-as-a-formula.900050/
Relevancy 44.29%

If it's possible to do this, what is the formula syntax for an if/then formula in one sheet that refers to the cell value in another sheet in the same workbook?
For example in Sheet 2, the formula would be something like, if Cell A10 in Sheet 1 is greater than 0, then the value of Cell B20 in Sheet 2 would by "Yes" but it would be "No" if the valuein Cell A10 in Sheet 1 was less than 0.

Relevancy 44.29%

Yesterday I had a PC technician around to see why my PC was not booting-up properly and also to change my SSD to a larger SSD. As I am visually challenged I cannot do hardware upgrades etc, so I got a Techie guy in.

We used Zinstall HDD by-the-way and I would highly recommend this application for such a job plus, it is extremely fast.

Anyway, while he was diagnosing my boot-up issue he discovered I had a malfunctioning network card; while removing this, he noticed all the SATA settings were set to SATA 2.

When he reset these to SATA 3, the PC would not start-up! When he set them again to SATA 2 there was no problem and it worked fine?

Can anyone illuminate me on this please?

Thanks for any/all imput

A:SATA 3 not working on Asus P6X58D-E motherboard with SATA III support

Many people have had issues with the Marvell controller on that MB.
You may want to live with SATA 3g/s. Easiest path, no real difference except for benchmarks, and no chance of data loss.
But in case you're not satisfied with that, here's something to look at.

AHCI-mode on Marvell 9128 controller in Windows 7 Ultimate x64

and

[Solved] ASUS P6x58D-E, Win 7 (64) Marvell AT 91xx - Asus - Motherboards-Memory
A fellow name Jaquith seems to know what's up.

Bottom line is you need the right drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237306-sata-3-not-working-asus-p6x58d-e-motherboard-sata-iii-support.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have created a formula in Excel that works fine, but when I put it into a MS Word table, it doesn't seem to work. The formula adds up a column of prices when the resulting column has a specific word in.

The formula is:
=SUMIF(E:E, "Yes", D:D)

Example:

Is this possible to do? If so can anyone help converting this so it will work in MS Word.

Thanks, Adam.

A:Excel Formula to Word Formula

You'll have to do this:

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...4-0d7e88062257

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/excel-formula-to-word-formula-1135425.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Entering the bios limits me to certain options. Is there anyway to access the other options? sorry, newbie here.

A:No "usb legacy support" "qfan" options on my asus laptop bios.

If your BIOS doesn't include such options, then they simply are not there.

I don't know about hacking BIOS's, and I wouldn't suggest it at all. You could brick your motherboard.

However, you should check with your manufacturer's website and see if there is an update available for the BIOS that may increase available options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/222756-no-usb-legacy-support-qfan-options-my-asus-laptop-bios.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Windows R server running as my KMS host This server has been in production for over months It services both Windows Pro Ent Win Office Pro Plus and Office will Host CLVSK Pro/Ent activate KMS activate Windows updating Windows 10 to after not Pro I set this KMS up via the VLS on and manage it via VMAT version After I replaced my server kms host key with the newer one that would activate Windows did an offline via telephone activation My issue is that now I can activate all my servers r but cannot activate any Windows Pro Ent workstations My main error is quot The software licensing service reported that the product could not be activated No key management service KMS could be contacted With that being said I've checked to ensure that the KMS service is running and that port is open This was accomplished using PortQryUI I also have verified that the KMS host is properly registered in DNS Within the KMS event logs I have Evt ID and in the Volume Activation Management Tool logs I have VMAT Runtime Evt ID with error xC F On KMS Host will not activate Windows Pro/Ent after updating CLVSK to activate Windows 10 any given WS Win the Application event log shows Evt ID with XC x as it starter with no entries I've read where I should remove the newly installed host key reboot reinstall activate and then reboot The strange thing is that when I run quot slmgr vbs dlv all quot I can see the newly installed host key as verified by KMS Host will not activate Windows Pro/Ent after updating CLVSK to activate Windows 10 the last digits and it shows active and licensed If I run quot slmgr vbs upk XXXXXXXXX I get an error stating the key cannot be found At this point I'm at a lost All updates KBs have been uinstalled prior to this license change PLEASE provide some help as I stated earlier all was ok until I upgraded my host key I wish I could post actual entries but my network does not permit this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f141f5b4-d50b-4ec8-90bb-0d7b3ca11d4d/kms-host-will-not-activate-windows-proent-after-updating-clvsk-to-activate-windows-10?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,
I am trying to activate my windows as I am getting the genuine error.
I did was right click on computer --> properties

There is typically a place to enter a new product key but i dont see it. please see attachment

A:Cannot Activate no option to activate

Hi, welcome to the forums

If you type activate in to the start search box then click 'Activate Windows' this should take you the Windows activation screen.

My concern is that the 'Not Genuine' notification normlly occurs on pirated copies of Windows 7 with altered activation technology files. Is your copy legal?

Warning
The use of, and request for help using pirated software is strictly prohibited on this forum as is giving/requesting certain activation information e.g. cracks or keys. As such, we shall not give assistance if the problem is due to bypassed activation.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/121428-cannot-activate-no-option-activate.html
Relevancy 38.27%

We are Dell resellers and had placed an order for 43 Laptops - Dell Latitude 3560 with Dell on 13th June, 2016. We delivered them to our customer on Friday 17th June, 2016. On Monday 20th June we discovered that all the Laptops are faulty and are not functioning properly. They have not been able to use a single system due to touchpad issues in the entire lot
We have made innumerable calls Dell to resolve the problem, but the team is unable to identify and rectify the problem. 
We have spoken to our partner account manager, regional account manager, Service Specialist and Escalation Team, requesting them to provide us with a solution at the earliest as their work is getting hampered. Our customer has to deploy the same by 1st July however they do not have any Dell Laptops functioning correctly.  
How do we escalate this to the Dell management and get a replacement ASAP
Regards

A:Who do you contact if the DELL India Escalation and Support Team fails to provide support for brand new Laptops

Hopefully one of the Dell rep see your post and be able to help. If no one answer your question then I suggest you contact Technical or Customer Support in the link below.
www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984532
Relevancy 38.27%

Started about a month ago - pops up over and over and over and over - about every five minutes or less.  I've got a Dell Studio XPS with Windows 7 Professional.  Another forum said to just uninstall Dell Support Center (Support Center Software) - but when I try to uninstall it - THE SAME STUPID WINDOW POPS UP ASKING ME TO INSERT THE SOFTWARE.  I tried doing a Browse and it's looking for DSC20.msi.  I haven't managed to find it yet.  I have at least found \Program Files(x86)\Dell Support Center but there's so many sub-directories...
I shouldn't have to be jumping through so many hoops just to uninstall a program.  This is driving me crazy and I haven't found an answer online yet.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19709684
Relevancy 37.84%

When I installed Win on one computer I need a H P printer driver So I went to H P support download did not find the needed driver so I called their Tech support A friendly support guy looked at my system and told me my copy of Microsoft Win bought at Best Buy was not India from support Scam Tech. bases. Support a legit Tech. Support Scam from India support bases. copy also my system Tech. Support Scam from India support bases. had been infected and they needed to remove my Win clean my system and reinstall Win made me a deal of a reduced price of US I knew this was not Tech. Support Scam from India support bases. right so I begged them good buy went to Best Buy where I have good friends in the Geek Squad they got the needed driver and printer works fine Today my Netgear routher died called Netgear to get my lifetime warranty This also was a support in India guy said it would cost US to make sure it was the router I said thanks but no thanks Took my old Netgear router back to Best Bye where I bought it three years ago and they gave me a new Netgear router I needed setup help so called Netger as new user also in India guy was friendly looked at my system and helped me get it setup Then he informed me my computer was under attack and my files were being read he could fix my system and protect my files for the small sum of just US Well I was using a small backup H P computer on the Net hardwired and it was almost never used So I knew it was a India Tech support scam again I think these guys in India do support for many Mfg s and software makers and it's an easy way to gleen a lot of fast cash from people who trust the brand name and don't understand a lot about their computers I just wonder how many new to computers and older people who know nothing are being ripped off by these East India robbers

A:Tech. Support Scam from India support bases.

Are you sure you were using legitimate HP/Netgear phone numbers? Where did you get the numbers from?

Are you sure it wasn't just a variation of the scams the FTC are starting to crack down on?
How Windows tech support scammers walked right into a trap set by the feds | Ars Technica

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/15118-tech-support-scam-india-support-bases.html
Relevancy 37.84%

This is a General question regarding the end of support for XP. I realise at the end date the computer should be backed up in case you have to format the disc at any time after the end of the support period.

My question is does the built in Windows back up in XP when backing up the system include the installed updates? Or is it best to use third party software to do this.

shipboard

A:[SOLVED] End ofThis is a general question regarding the end of support for XP support

I believe Windows just backs up your personal files and won't do the entire OS. You'll need a 3rd party program to do the entire HDD.

Also you really should think about upgrading to Windows 7. Staying on XP after the end support date is not recommended as you will lose security updates from Microsoft as well as patches.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-end-ofthis-is-a-general-question-regarding-the-end-of-support-for-xp-support-694874.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Some how my old friend managed to upgrade my PC from Windows XP to Windows 7 with that chipset driver CD I gave him. I don't know how he did it. I would ask him but he moved to Germany. Anyway I've heard you can run the setup with Windwos Vista compatiblity mode but I don't know if it is safe. Anyone know?

A:Motherboard support CD does not support your operating system

Download the drivers from the manufacturers website. The driver CD is likely outdated anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-support-cd-does-not-support-your-operating-system.1115038/
Relevancy 36.98%
Relevancy 36.98%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I have in my possession an Asus X CA laptop which was running Windows before it failed to boot The machine cycled through the automatic repair failed and then using Unable recovery X550CA DVDs Asus restore Asus to did nothing The advanced bootup options were useless including chkdsk sfc and the usual suspects The recovery partition was apparently missing atleast I couldn't use it but doing a diskpart confirmed it was there so I suspect the upgrade broke the link to it I tried the quot refresh your PC quot Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs option but this told me the drive was locked and disabling secure boot via the BIOS did nothing thought it would at first In addition the reset your PC option wanted recovery media which I didn't Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs have at the time I ordered the official Asus recovery DVDs as the laptop did not have media created when it was new hit F and went to the quot reset your PC' option but it told me the recovery media wasn't valid Odd given it's official Asus media from Mentor Media for that specific machine From the legacy BIOS I booted from the DVD it loaded the Asus specific Windows recovery options from the disk and I get as far as quot Start rebuild Windows system process quot with quot processing quot underneath and the machine does no more I've also tried UEFI booting from the DVD drive and get the same as above Any suggestions welcome please Regards

A:Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs

Is the ASUS recovery media Windows 8.0 or 8.1? It may be because the recovery disks are 8.0 and it's a conflict because your now running 8.1. The 8.0 to 8.1 upgrade does break the factory recover feature on some laptops. ASUS for sure I think. I have a K75DE, that shipped with Windows 8.0. I clean installed with Windows 8.1 from here, Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help. It reads and uses my 8.0 OEM embedded code and activates online automatically. no muss no fuss. That tool will create a bootable USB thumb drive that will work with UEFI for you. If you need any more info just ask and i'll see if I can help. I don't know why your getting the "Start rebuild Windows system process" message and the lock up? It may be because the partition structure has changed on the Drive. I created a Recovery drive, then swapped in an SSD and it would not work on the SSD. It kept saying required partition missing. That's why I bailed and did a clean install. I was leaning in that direction anyway.

EDIT: If I don't get back to you tonight don't panic. I have company coming and may not get back online until tomorrow morning. Have to go now.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68626-unable-restore-asus-x550ca-using-asus-recovery-dvds.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Greetings,

My almost 3 year old Asus X52 F3SV Notebook suddenly froze and shut itself down today. It will not boot past the 'Asus' logo screen. The furthest it got was 'loading windows', but quickly rebooted once that screen showed up.
It has been running quite hot lately, but i cleaned the fan out last weekend, and it had been running without problem since then.
I'm running Windows Vista Premium, with no other real problems until now, with up to date windows updates and regular Spybot and anti-virus scans.
There were random multicoloured lines running through the Asus screen on the first reboot after freezing. Could it be my graphics card? (Nvidia 8600m). I did not hear any crackling/popping sounds, so I really hope it's not dead yet.
I've looked around these forums, but couldn't find a similar problem/solution.

Thank you.

A:Asus x52 F3SV notebook not booting past Asus screen

Try running Bios defaults

This settings area can be called:
Bios Setup
CMOS Settings
System Setup
even just Setup
You can enter it by pressing the keyboard key that is displayed on your screen when first turning on your computer
Its sometimes:
A Fn Button like F1, or F2, or F10 or some other Fn key
DEL key
(whatever the computer states on screen when you first turn on your computer)
Once in Bios Setup, locate Setup Defaults (sometimes called Optimized Defaults)
Apply it, then Save and Exit Bios Settings (which is usually F10, but it will tell you in the Bios Settings screen)

If that doesn't help try reming and re-seating your Ram cards (even your hard drive)
You can download your Manual to find the locations of these components, but they are usually located under the laptop, under the covers

If it is your Video card (onboard) then that was be a big concern
You may need to locate the disassemble guide online, then blow out all internal dust

It may also require a CheckDisk scan
You can read HERE on how to do that outside Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x52-f3sv-notebook-not-booting-past-asus-screen.138116/
Relevancy 36.55%

Tried to get HP support to give some similar board model from ASUS own models so I could get the correct Asus AI Suite to control fans read system info The similar Asus model they gave didn t even have the same chipset I m not sure if that truly matters as far as their AI Suite working correctly Just need a reliable program to adjust case fan speeds a bit / similar model HP with Asus reference Cross mobo Asus Simpler is better Does anyone know Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model how I can cross the HP Asus board w some similar model on Asus site to get the correct version of AI Suite If no to suggestions on reliable prgms that will allow controlling fan speeds Fairly sure this mobo has the ability to adjust fans st tried SpeedFan - no options to adjust any fans reports them but MSI Afterburner had no trouble adjusting GPU fan None of several socket boards I looked at on Asus site had G chipset The info HP has for this mobo Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model is Manufacturer s motherboard name Asus IPIBL-TX HP Compaq name Burbank-GL E Form Factor Micro-ATX cm inches x cm inches Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model Chipset Intel G Front-side bus speed MHz processor dependent Processor upgrade information Socket type Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cross-reference-hp-asus-mobo-with-similar-asus-model.167486/
Relevancy 36.55%

CPU AMD Athlon X Motherboard ASUS A N -SLI DELUXE Memeory SAMSUNG PC GB GB x DDR GPU ASUS EN GS SILENT Silent ASUS A8NSLI-32 Trouble + ASUS Deluxe En7600GS PCI Express MB DDR PSU W SILENT KING- SUPER SILENT SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY HDD GB SATA II Status After installing Windows XP SP and the ASUS motherboard installation CD the system won t take the ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble drivers for the GPU System boots to the Windows XP loading screen and remains there The little green bar just keeps moving like it s loading Windows but it loops forever Again this started happening right after installing the nVidia drivers from the graphics card installation disc If I power down manually and then power back up again I can go into quot the last known good quot but every time I try to load drivers again the system starts doing this The latest drivers from nVidia cause ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble the same issue I m starting to think this is a driver conflict with the ASUS motherboard chipset or the motherboard RAID drivers Has ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble anyone else had a problem like this nbsp

A:ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble

Followup: I was able to fix it and thought I'd post this info since it might help others who might have the same problem. After reading through dozens of pages here and in the ASUS forums, I discovered that one of my default BIOS setting mysteriously ended up in a non-default state. For some reason, the RAID option for Silicon Image was set to RAID. That's fine for those how actually want to setup RAID but I didn't plan to use RAID at the time. After making the change to the BIOS, I had to install Windows XP again to get everything registered correctly. Once Windows was up and running, I avoided the motherboard chipset install CD all together by using only the newest versions of all the motherboard drivers directly from the ASUS website. Problem solved!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8nsli-32-deluxe-asus-en7600gs-silent-trouble.52321/
Relevancy 36.55%

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

A:My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo!

Originally Posted by Isoldmyname

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi.
Not sure I understand how you could perform a factory reset if you don't have the recovery partition available. You should have gotten an error that the ASUS Recovery Partition could not be found.

You would need to get to a working computer and download either the Media Creation Tool for W10, or the current ISO from MSTechBench. You can use RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive, and then install W10 that way.

You might also want to check the health of your hard drive, to make sure it's not failing.

Hope that helps!

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40974-my-asus-g74sx-doesnt-boot-past-asus-logo.html
Relevancy 36.55%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 36.55%

Asus has some way of starting their programs that I can't find. In particular, I want to disable their Wireless Console 3 (wcourier.exe). There are other programs but I can't remember what they are right now. I can only tell you that is does not show up in msconfig or HJT. Does anybody know where I can find these startup entries?

Thanks!

Mark

A:Asus Laptop can't find startup entries for Asus Programs

Try using Sysinternals Autoruns.
It lists a lot more than msconfig.

You can download the Sysinternals Suite, or just the Autoruns utility.

Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/237581-asus-laptop-cant-find-startup-entries-asus-programs.html
Relevancy 36.55%

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20939/
Relevancy 36.55%

Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

sorry i also posted this in the audio section but maybe this is a better place to post it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

A:Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

same problem with a7n8x deluxe

hello karmstrong, i just got my spdif out module today (optical & co-ax) and have the same problem with my a7n8x deluxe. 5 pin socket on the board, three on the module. i suppose we need a different module? if anyone has any suggestions, i'd be very much obliged...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20948/
Relevancy 36.55%

I do see that you have had a similar problem already on this forum but it didn't fix mine (I probably wasn't doing something right).
My Laptop wont start up it goes to the Windows Recovery error page where you have to choose either Launch Startup Repair (recommended) or Start Windows normally. Both of these options lead you to the same result to the Asus Preload Wizard page.
I tried pressing F8 and F9 but didn't get anything.
Appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k55v-stuck-in-asus-preload-wizard.1137335/
Relevancy 36.55%

So I recently just replaced my Asus P X -E WS with another Asus P X -E WS from Amazon I always remember hearing to Drivers Asus MB. website? No P6X58-E Win8 WS NEW!! on Asus ignore the drivers disk on CD that comes with product and go straight to web-sight and gather latest I ALWAYS keep CD for just in case moments When I was running Win last year on old MB this was never a issue and downloaded NEW!! Asus P6X58-E WS MB. No Win8 Drivers on Asus website? drivers from Asus web site but when I recently went to the Asus drivers download site there are no options for win Screen Shot Below Here Is my problem After Installing new MB and testing OS operations with only my SSD pluged in OS win is on SSD everything was working great this also confirmed a few of my last MB memory slots were fried because I had GB of memory installed but BIOS amp OS was telling me I had only GB Im back GB now I also had QTY TB-HDD I was using with previous MB No raid configurations I record music and many project files can get very big so each HDD was dedicated to different quot IMPORTANT quot things Well after confirming OS win was in working order I powered down and plugged in all HDD then powered back up I wish I would have done this one HDD at a time now only are being recognized I keep getting the message quot you must initialize a disk before logical disk manager can access it quot Now from what I've gathered from a Google search this is what you would do to format a NEW hard drive Correct I then was reading its as simple as downloading latest drivers But they were on the subject of USB This is a direct SATA plugin what I'm dealing with So far the best jedi computer minds who have given me success helping me fix my problems live amp converse here I beg for anyone's wisdom on this issue and show me the error of my ways I will gladly publicly write a post explaining how superior amp knowledgeable you are and how truly grateful I am you helped me LOL Hell Ill even donate to you Seriously I will However I am ready to except any bad news or worst case scenario's Remember this MB is only days old from Amazon I can quickly return this sucker if I need to quot

A:NEW!! Asus P6X58-E WS MB. No Win8 Drivers on Asus website?

From what I found on the Asus site....
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6X58-E WS
They are only providing drivers up to Windows 7 64 Bit. You can go to the file manager and click one time on the primary HDD and then click computer tab and from there click on manage. From there you click device manager and you will get a list of your hardware. You can right click on each one and click update driver and the system will try to find the updated driver for you. If anything you now have your hardware name and can try to get the updated driver through the actual company who builds the drivers.

It also does sound like you may need to format the HDD's. Do the same thing but instead of clicking on device manager you will click on disk management and you can right click on each drive and select to format. Just make sure to not format the primary partition if that is even possible.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41500-new-asus-p6x58-e-ws-mb-no-win8-drivers-asus-website.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Whenever I click on the Asus Update on Asus Suite II it automatically gives me a BSOD. It then tells me to update the driver. I uninstalled Asus Suite II and installed the latest version from the Asus website. It still gave a BSOD when I clicked Update.

A little bit about my comp:
64 Bit Windows 7 put together by myself.
It is fairly new. Maybe 3 months max. Got BSOD since the start. Trying to update BIOS atm.
My OS installation is the same age.

I also have another thread:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...bernation.html

Still haven't figured this dang BSOd out.

BTW: Motherboard is
P8Z68-V PRO

A:BSOD using Asus Update on Asus Suite II

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (located at this link: Hardware Diagnostics ). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
Hard Drive Diagnostics (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

No memory dumps from later than Oct 2011
Service Pack 1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates

No memory dumps in the WER section of MSINFO32 after Oct 2011

More to follow once the memory dumps are finished running....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205921-bsod-using-asus-update-asus-suite-ii.html
Relevancy 35.69%
A:upgraded frpm asus P6T to asus P6T deluxe 2...

I dont know that you would have to, but it wouldnt be a bad idea imo....

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/42651-upgraded-frpm-asus-p6t-asus-p6t-deluxe-2-a.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Helllo everyone,

I wanted to buy the Radeon HD 6870 but it's not on the market here anymore, so I will have to buy another one -- hopefully not the HD 7850 xD. So, which one should I pick: the ASUS EAH6850, or the ASUS ENGTX560. Give your reasons please. I need the answer before Wednesday (2nd of May)

I read stuff about both of these, I'm really "new" to NVIDIA but I am also confused now. Asked people, some say Radeon, some say GeForce... I really don't know. Help me out, I'll appreciate it.

Ask away for more info if you need to.

A:ASUS HD 6850 or ASUS GTX 560 (non-Ti, DirectCU, 810MHz)?

I have always been an ATI/AMD fan when it comes to video cards so I'm gonna say go with the 6850. I have one and it is great. It is typically cheaper than the Nvidia and is slightly higher on Passmark's benchmarks. Also, I totally agree with Asus as a brand as they are one of the bests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/227028-asus-hd-6850-asus-gtx-560-non-ti-directcu-810mhz.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Same as topic. Wondering if the Hero was worth the extra 50 bucks or so in terms of reliability, features, etc. Reliability is a big factor for me so if you think Hero is a bit more stable for the extra 50$ then please let me know. Thank you!

P.s. In case you were wondering I am building a gaming/video editing pc for around 1500 bucks

A:Asus Maximus VI Hero or Asus Z87-A LGA 1150

The Maximus VI Hero is no more stable than the Z87-A. The Maximus is more gamer oriented due to its overclocking features (which the Z87-A has, but not to that extent). If you can get a Z87 Sabertooth, that is probably the best in terms of reliability because it protects the components from dust.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-maximus-vi-hero-or-asus-z87-a-lga-1150.194768/
Relevancy 35.69%

i was wondering if i can overclock my e6550 to 3ghz ? and up to what point ? my ram is dual channel ddr2 800 2gig and my gpu is geforce 8600 256mb..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-my-e6550-in-asus-asus-p5kpl-cm.830642/
Relevancy 35.69%

Asus Radeon 9600XT vs. Asus V9570

Which comes on top when benchmarked on the latest games?

Relevancy 35.69%

hello to everyone im working as a tech support agent for one extra support in support of need tech of the biggest ISP in the US its a good paying job and also very challenging i use to troubleshoot internet connection issues for residential accounts pc only and for all other issues that i get i browse for similar issues on the forums of this site well most of them came pretty handy esp for the security forums tech support in need of extra support now i got transferred to the networking department and im in a total loss i can do simple troubleshooting and install assists for new networking users but i really need help in issues like remote access port forwarding invalid IP addresses on the wireless devices file and printer sharing i was browsing through all the topics but i cant find any if there is someone out there who can help me with this issue and give me some pointers on how i am going to do this in an easier way i would really appreciate any assistance thanks in advance foxxy nbsp