Windows Support Forum

HP dv9500 laptop will not come up with BIOS screen

Q: HP dv9500 laptop will not come up with BIOS screen

Hello I am new with HP BIOS dv9500 screen come not up will laptop to Tech Spot and this forum and need some help My HP dv Laptop will not come up with bios screeen and therefore will also not boot When I turn it on he indicator lights all come on but the sceeen remains unlit for a few seconds then has a faint blueish haze The disk activity ligh blinks a few times and the CD sounds like it is active Nothing else happens - I can wait for as much time as HP dv9500 laptop will not come up with BIOS screen I HP dv9500 laptop will not come up with BIOS screen want If I CRTL ALT amp DEL it shuts down and comes up again by itself a HP dv9500 laptop will not come up with BIOS screen few seconds later which from my DOS days appears normal and I can repaet this process I have a bootable CD that has a DR dos for a DOS type operating system and the computer will not boot from this CD If I hold the power button down for sec the thing turns off I have removed the drive and tested on another computer via USB interface including using CKHDSK in the DOS mode and then using WEB Root to scan the disks for virsues etc Everything checks out OK I have removed all power DC and AC including batteries Large DC power battery and CMOS backup battery with no Help I have also tried all Fn buttons to see if I could force the Bios Screen to appear in the process of trying to power up described above The memory modules are firmly seated Has anyone heard of a similar situation The ooperating system is Vista nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP dv9500 laptop will not come up with BIOS screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP dv9500 laptop will not come up with BIOS screen

I would say that the motherboard is the cause of this. The CPU cooling heatsink could be in need of new thermal paste or pads. The fan could be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv9500-laptop-will-not-come-up-with-bios-screen.178888/
Relevancy 64.93%

When I turn on my laptop the screen is blank, but when I connect it to a monitor I can see my desktop and use the laptop normally. Is this happing because my screen has gone out or converter or something else?

A:HP DV9500 blank screen

There's a website somewhere that shows how to test laptop display when the external monitor is fine.

Is the native screen showing up in the Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9500-blank-screen.942607/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Toshiba satalite 2520cdt laptop. I am trying to get into the BIOS screen. What do I need to press on bootup??

Relevancy 52.46%

hey guys

i have an inspiron 1150 laptop and overnight it will not boot up. when i power it up it brings up a blank screen and the fan comes on for about 20 seconds and it turns off again. weird!

i have read through many threads on the net but to no avail. i have removed memory, HDD and makes no difference?

Please can someone advise?

thanks!

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I am trying to fix up a couple Dell Inspiron 1000's. When I start them they get to the BIOS screen and freeze. F2 to BIOS and F12 for boot menu do nothing at all. I am guessing they are running XP.

When I bought them they had no ram. I purchased a 512mb PC2700 and when I installed and turned on the screens were black. So i just purchased a 256mb PC2100 and also have a 256mb PC2700 on the way. I just installed the 256 pc2100 and this is where it just gets stuck. So I am guessing the memory slots are working if one stick turns the monitors black and the other turns on but freezes, they are being read. There are no beeping noises and when I remove the hard drive to see if this is bad it does the same thing, freezes. Both laptops freeze up the exact same way. Any help? Thanks

A:Laptop freezing at BIOS/Welcome screen

UPDATE
So I took out the batteries of the laptops then just plugged them in and they both worked fine, did not freeze at all? Anyone know the problem here? I have had bad batteries installed before and they never froze like that they just didn't read or didn't hold charge. Could it be from sitting there they are so dead or are they just bad?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezing-at-bios-welcome-screen.1056288/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey Everyone Nice to meet u all I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad U Ultrabook it came with windows bit and i Laptop bios Restarts screen... at just wanted to re partition the Harddisk and at tat time i only had windows ultimate bit os so i tried installing it And when it asks for the partition to install the os it displayed nothing it was empty And then i read somewhere that we need to change the Laptop Restarts at bios screen... sata controller mode to AHCI From RAID and i did tat in bios and then tried installing again and everything worked fine but the next day when i tried to turn on the lap it shows the lenovo screen and then it keeps on restarting in a continuous loop then i have to turn off the lap and turn it on again and it will work fine then this doesn't happen everytime i turn on the system but sometimes how can i fix this Hope u Laptop Restarts at bios screen... can help me Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-restarts-at-bios-screen-664477.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey Everyone Nice to meet u all I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad U Ultrabook it came with windows bit and i just wanted to re partition the Harddisk and at tat time i only had windows ultimate bit os so i tried installing it And when it asks for the partition to install the os it displayed nothing it was empty And then i read somewhere that we need to change the sata controller mode to AHCI From RAID and i did tat in bios and then tried installing again and everything worked fine but the next day when i tried to turn on the lap it shows the lenovo screen and then it keeps on restarting in a continuous loop then i have to turn off the lap and turn it on again and it will work fine then this doesn t happen everytime i turn on the system but sometimes how can i fix this Hope u can help me Thanks bios screen... at Laptop Restarts nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-restarts-at-bios-screen.1067878/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,
Hope someone can help out with this im very curious and I have not found a fix elsewhere so far.

I am trying to work on a friend's XPS M1330 laptop. I've taken the whole thing apart in an effort to find out what it was (and to remove the cd from the slim drive he had stuck in there).

You press the power button, power light comes on, then goes away right away BUT the computer is running because if you press the power button again you hear the "pew" as the computer shuts off.

I am guessing it is:
CPU
Battery
Motherboard
but I'd like to cancel out what I can.
After opening it up my friend is telling me when he turns it on he just has red or blue colors on the screen. (but that could be because I plugged in a cable wrong I suppose).

Any ideas!?

A:Laptop Powers on but NO bios, NO screen?

Just a shot in the dark, but from the "basics" of what you're describing, it sounds like perhaps the tiny ribbon-like cable going form the board to the monitor may have come partially out, or "worst-case-scenario" now damaged somehow.

I'm only "guessing" based on the fact that you said he had "red or blue colors on the screen".

Did you listen to check whether you could hear a HDD spinning/working? If it is and you can hear it, then to me, it sounds like maybe the "linkage" between the board and the monitor; this being the cable.

I could be dead wrong, as there are obviously several other possibilities, but just from what you described that's the first thing that popped into my noggin before I even finished reading.

Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-powers-on-but-no-bios-no-screen.897823/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone. I'm having some trouble with a HP Pavillion ze5568cl model laptop. Every time I try to start it up, it hangs at the blue HP logo screen. If I try to enter the BIOS setup, or change the boot order; it will say entering setup or start the load proess, but then just hangs. Sometimes it gets past this, but then I can't get it to make it all the way through an OS install. The HD was just formatted, so there is no current OS on the system. I'm not shure if this is a problem with the BIOS itself, or a faulty HD. If anyone has some advice I would greatley appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hangs-at-bios-startup-screen.628240/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am working on a Sony Vaio PCG-7H1L, it starts booting, gets to the bios screen, then starts to boot for a few seconds before the video cuts out to a black screen. I have tried an external monitor, where I get no display at all. Tried booting from a knoppix CD, same thing, a few seconds of video then it cuts out. Tried it without the battery, same thing. I can hear it booting up with the video off, and the music plays when xp get to the desktop. I would have suspected a dead screen except for the fact that it works at the bios screen and for a few seconds after. Anybody have any ideas?

A:Sony laptop no video after bios screen

Bad drivers? It doesn't load them till a certain point right? If you can get the option to go safe mode and such(f8 after bios screen) try VGA mode (or if its a new model, might show up as a low resolution mode) Try and see if it boots up. If it does, do a roll back on the video drivers.

If you can't get it to let you choose how to boot. Go into the BIOS settings, see if theirs a way to boot without video drivers, or anything to do with video settings, see if theres something changed that needs to be fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-laptop-no-video-after-bios-screen.127487/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Let me explain what has happened I have an ASUS X C laptop which has been working perfectly up to a couple of weeks ago Now when the laptop is switched on no POST or BIOS is available and Windows will not boot All attempts at booting from BIOS black no access Laptop with screen to has a USB or CD DVD recovery image have failed because I cannot access the boot menu to change the boot order I have Laptop has black screen with no access to BIOS tried lots of tricks but still no hope The only hope I get is that when I take the HDD out I can load the BIOS but when I plug the HDD again nothing happens I need urgent help as on the HDD I have my computer science project and without it by the rd of August I ve failed my Laptop has black screen with no access to BIOS first year at university Please throw at me all hints tips fixes even if they re temporary that you guys have Would it be possible to GHOST the HDD and replace the HDD would that work Many thanks Adam nbsp

A:Laptop has black screen with no access to BIOS

Hi AdamE071,
As the data is important, I would suggest testing your HDD in a different PC and seeing if it is recognized in BIOS, device manager and disk management. If you can see the drive in BIOS but you cannot access the data on it you can give Linux Live CD/USB a chance – it is a safe way to recover your data as it will either see it and provide access to it or you won't be able to do so. In the later case, the most fool-proof way to recover the information would be to contact a data recovery company. Other than that you could try data recovery software, however, keep in mind that there are no guarantees for successful recovery and that such programs can actually damage the driver further.
As for the system itself I would recommend making sure that all the components and cables are firmly in place and that the motherboard is not short circuiting with the case of the laptop. Afterwards, see if there are any swollen captivators on the motherboard and reset your CMOS (motherboard) battery. If nothing helps the only other option I see would be to contact an expert.
P.S. Keep in mind that some of the actions mentioned above could void the warranty of your system.
Hope it helps and keep me posted,
Frost_WD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-has-black-screen-with-no-access-to-bios.1152461/
Relevancy 51.6%

any body can help me please. after upgrade my NEC Versa P8100 Laptop bios its not opening. screen is competely black.

A:after upgrading the bios my laptop screen was black

When you downloaded that bios , what link did you use - please post here
There may be a recovery procedure available
was the bios upgrade interupted at all ?

Heres an exampe DO NOT DO THIS - we need to know more detail
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm
http://www.technibble.com/how-to-recover-from-a-bad-bios-update/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-upgrading-the-bios-my-laptop-screen-was-black.892140/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a HP envy DV6 with Intel Core i7, Windows 10.The issue is my laptop screen has dead pixels and is completely useless so I then have to connect it my TV via HDMI. Sometimes when I turn it on, the computer has a problem where it doesn't want to load straight to the loading screen and instead ask me if I "Continue, restart and something else", because my screen is dead I can't choose what I want so I somehow keep spamming and after 5 mins somehow manage to get it to work. I want to access bios and change the settings so my laptop loads directly into HDMI mode and not reset every power cycle. Also my battery is shot so I'm not gonna leave my laptop on sleep mode.

A:Laptop Screen stopped working. How do I access BIOS?

Edit: for clarification, because I can't see the screen how do I manage to get BIOS to load while HDMI.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Laptop-Screen-stopped-working-How-do-I-access-BIOS/td-p/5853940
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Gateway Laptop MT6728 running Windows XP. I got the blue screen one day and then after that attempted to reboot. What happens is after I get the Gateway Bios/Boot Menu Splash screen the screen goes black. I can't boot from the drive it just spins and then shuts down. I can press F2 and get into the Setup Utility and I have changed the boot settings to CD but still disk just spins in drive for a few seconds then stops.

I have reseated Ram, Taken out one stick of Ram and attemped to boot with only 1 stick.
I have reseated the CMOS.
I have reseated the Hard Drive.
In the Startup it states: No TPM or TPM has problem. ( Don't know if that is an issue.)
I have Bios Version 93.09

I have read other posts of users with the same problem, but have not found a fix, if there is one. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-goes-black-after-bios-splash-screen.949070/
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop wont boot (It does turn on, but only shows a completely black screen) after enabling Virtual Technology on the BIOS, keyboard wont respond (bloq mayus led wont turn on either), also Ive installed Lucidlogix virtu mvp mobile a few minutes before getting the black screen, but i dont think the problem is there because i did a succesful reboot after the installation. Specs:Lenovo IdeaPad Z400 (GT740m edition)GT740m - Intel HD 4000 (both with latets drivers)Intel I3 3110m4GB ramWindows 8.1 I CANT ACCESS TO SAFE BOOT OR BIOS, since the keyboard wont respondI tried: shift + f8 f8escsuprspacef2recovery buttonalmost every key in my laptop

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Laptop Won't Boot (BLACK SCREEN, NO BIOS ACCES, NO...

Maybe reseting the BIOS would help, but the Z400 has an integrated battery so I cant do the battery removal reset trick, is there another way to reset BIOS on the IdeaPad z400?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Laptop-Won-t-Boot-BLACK-SCREEN-NO-BIOS-ACCES-NO-SAFE-MODE-SOLVED/td-p/1432625
Relevancy 51.17%

When my laptop wake up from sleep i got lots of Recycle Bin window popped up, i dont know what caused it, pressing ctrl+alt+del does nothing, ctrl+shift+esc does brings task manager but i cant do anything with it as a new window popped up every second.
So i just hard shutdown it and now when i tried to power it up, it always bring me to BIOS screen, save and/or exit will show the manufacturer boot screen but no Windows logo and then get back to the BIOS configuration screen again.

help please, i hope there is a way to fix it without reinstalling.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391753-hard-shutdown-my-laptop-now-i-cant-get-past-bios-screen.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop is a Acer aspire z running windows home premium bit and my problem is screen wont boot Laptop BIOS no Black my laptop will not start Laptop wont boot Black screen no BIOS When I turn my laptop on it starts to run like normal GPU fan starts Disk drive kicks in and the LED for the on button is working but nothing on the screen I've tried too do alt f for a restore nothing happened I've also tried to plug it into a monitor and my tv Before this occurred it had been turned off during boot don't ask why I cannot answer that and I preceded to take it apart to fix the overheating issue due to acer not putting fan holes on the bottom of the laptop thanks Acer - - and I didn't realise something was wrong with it until I reassembled it and tried to turn it on So I'm not sure whether is corrupt BIOS a hardware problem or corrupt MBR my own personal diagnosis don't know whether it's right or not Also I have tried turning the laptop off taking the battery out letting the motherboard discharge then pressing the power button for a minute leaving it for a minute putting the charger in then turning it on Thanks

A:Laptop wont boot Black screen no BIOS

You may need to take it apart again and make sure everything is connected properly. Did you follow steps to keep yourself grounded while working inside the system?
As you add and remove hardware, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232151-laptop-wont-boot-black-screen-no-bios.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey I got an asus g vw laptop I purchased an SSD a few days ago my laptop now uses both the SSD and HDD today it started up fine i however got a message from smartscreen windows saying my drive needed to be checked access BIOS screen, cannot HDD Asus black up, starts laptop or something well it checked the drives after that i got a blue screen which said select your Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HDD keyboard language i selected VN international upon which it didn t respond i just pressed the power button off to shut it off that way since i had to leave quickly Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HDD after i came back a few hours later that s when it didn t work anymore This happens when i click the power button These lights come on power the lock button and the HDD light however this one turns off after seconds My screen is black for the entire duration no logo no nothing i can t go into BIOS either What i ve tried - Removing the HDD and SSD multiple times starting up with only the HDD only the SSD with both etc - Turning all the power off removed the battery and charger pressing it down for seconds and restarting with only the charger back plugged in i did this for times - I tried removing the battery for an hour or so and nothing - I removed everything battery ssd hdd and let it stay for an hour also nothing - I tried using an external monitor but you can already guess nothing If anyone got any tips on how to fix this that ll be awesome nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-starts-up-black-screen-cannot-access-bios-hdd.1161470/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this so feel free to move the thread if needed I have a Gigabyte P W v running Windows and use an SSD for system and program files and an HDD for user data Last night while I was browsing the web the laptop shut off by itself almost without warning I heard the fan get louder for about half a second to a black screen This has actually happened before but it always started up fine POST it randomly. off shut Laptop by the screen. hangs on itself Now BIOS This time however Laptop shut off by itself randomly. Now it hangs on the BIOS POST screen. I was not so lucky The laptop will not boot Upon showing the BIOS splash screen the disk activity indicator light blinks a little then stops completely There's no spinner showing that Windows is loading I also cannot get into the BIOS or the boot menu by mashing F or F while the laptop starts Just a little bit of info I had the CPU Intel Core i - HQ underclocked in an attempt to lower the heat using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility I have done this since I got the laptop about a year Laptop shut off by itself randomly. Now it hangs on the BIOS POST screen. ago The laptop idles at around C and runs at most C while web browsing The laptop is still covered under the manufacturer year warranty I want to know what else I can try before sending it in

A:Laptop shut off by itself randomly. Now it hangs on the BIOS POST screen.

Frankly I hope you have backups!  IMO do not fool around send it back, there a few thing that could be the culprit.  If you get it more screwed you may have a hassle when you send it back.

Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583682/laptop-shut-off-by-itself-randomly-now-it-hangs-on-the-bios-post-screen/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey I got an asus g vw laptop I purchased an SSD a few days cannot laptop screen, up, HD BIOS black Asus access starts ago my laptop now uses both the SSD and HDD today it started up fine i however got a message from Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HD smartscreen windows saying my drive needed to be checked or something well it checked the drives after that i got a blue screen which said select your keyboard language i selected VN international upon which it didn't respond i just pressed the power button off to shut it off that way since i had to leave quickly after i came back a few hours later that's when it didn't work anymore This happens when i click the power button These lights come on power the lock button and the HDD light however this one turns off after seconds My screen is black for the entire duration no logo no nothing i can't go into BIOS either What i've tried - Removing the HDD and SSD multiple times starting up with only the HDD only the SSD with both etc - Turning all the power off removed the battery and charger pressing it down for seconds and restarting with only the charger back plugged in i did this for times - I tried removing the battery for an hour or so and nothing - I removed everything battery ssd hdd and let it stay for an hour also nothing - I tried using an external monitor but you can already guess nothing If anyone got any tips on how to fix this that'll be awesome

A:Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HD

Did you try F2 or F12 on booting?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/127561-asus-laptop-starts-up-black-screen-cannot-access-bios-hd.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone I have a clients Compaq CQ - WM screen update laptop DEATH BIOS Black of / froze during laptop here that I put a new SSHD OS WIN Home Premium upgraded the ram Well after installing almost everything I decided for some stupid reason to let HP Support run it's thing I did this to mainly get all the programs Black screen of DEATH / laptop froze during BIOS update that come with the laptop when purchased new Well it chose to update the BIOS and started before I could stop it Halfway through the BIOS update which should have went perfect everything else installed perfect and I had it with fragments after installing the OS and a bunch of programs the laptop just froze I left it on like that for Black screen of DEATH / laptop froze during BIOS update hours and hours hoping it would just finish the BIOS update If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck because the next day I had to pull the battery to shut it off When I powered it on of course there was no BIOS post and I got the classic quot it's on and running fans spinning keeping it cool caps lock light blinks BLACK screen of death So of course I tried to re-install the BIOS with a flash drive formatted with an HP TOOLS but that didn't work I renamed the BIOS files different ways just to get the laptop to accept and install them and not one of them worked I kept reading the way to find out what to rename the BIOS files that are important is in the platform but I couldn't find it I guess because none of the tons of different names I gave the files worked Now I am here wondering begging for any ones help that will tell me the exact method of button press and the exact name I should re-name both BIOS files because what I've tried hasn't worked and I am going to be in a bad spot if I have to order a new motherboard for this laptop When I hold the Win and B key and press power it's acting like it's trying to pull info off the USB flash but it never works Here is a link to the page where the newest BIOS file is HP Notebook System BIOS Update AMD Processors - Compaq Presario CQ - WM Notebook PC HP Support Thank you in advance for any help

A:Black screen of DEATH / laptop froze during BIOS update

From my experience with retail PC's and laptops, using the brands support update utility...I've never heard of any of those updating the BIOS by itself or automatically.

I'm afraid since the BIOS update was botched is some fashion that the damage is done. You may have to contact HP/Compaq directly and see if there is some thing that can be done through them. This may involve sending it off for repair....that is if they can fix it and if they can it would be costly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-of-death-laptop-froze-during-bios-update-814306.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Help please

when I switch on the laptop it freezes on the bios loading screen, nothing happens

any help would be appriciated,

Dell Bios revision A16

Thanks Telfie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-inspiron-1525-bios-screen-freeze.969886/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok so I had to force a shutdown yesterday because explorer exe suddenly froze and I couldn't even get Process Hacker to restart explorer I held down the power button and turned the laptop off Since then I haven't been able to boot Blank Laptop shutdown. screen: forced won't after load BIOS at all I get a black screen as if the screen hasn't turned on at all Just the power LED lights up And since it won't even reach the BIOS screen let alone give repair options for booting Windows I'm stuck I tried connecting it to an external LCD display which always works but even then blank screen So I guess the display is still alive I have a Dell Inspiron laptop The DVD-drive spins and even ejects when the laptop is turned on but it won't boot from any recovery disc I've tried starting it with one of the RAM sticks removed tried swapping the other one in the other slot too tried starting it with the battery removed and directly from the adaptor tried starting it with the Hard Drive and DVD-drive removed in all possible combinations I've even tried just leaving it on for hours hoping that it would just work randomly but no use I've gone through a gazillion pages on the internet in the past day reading about similar cases To me it seems like forcing a shutdown somehow messed with the BIOS I really want to find the damn CMOS cell and try to reset the BIOS but in this particular laptop dismantling is a nightmare I can't get past taking the palmrest apart I'll have to take it to a technician to check that The thing is according to Dell's POST Diagnosis for the LED Blank screen: Laptop won't load BIOS after forced shutdown. light codes it could be Blank screen: Laptop won't load BIOS after forced shutdown. an issue detecting the processor The numlock LED flashes and the other two LEDs next to it are steady when I boot while holding the Power key and Fn or F together I checked that too made sure the processor was set properly and applied fresh thermal grease but it won't work ALSO When I try turning the laptop on WITHOUT the processor I get the exact same thing with the same LED pattern It's as if the laptop would behave in this manner by default if there was no processor Could this mean the processor just went dead And finally When the laptop is plugged in and running on the adaptor it starts up automatically Without me pressing the power button It still gives a blank screen but I can tell it starts up by looking at the LED and media buttons And I know this is considered a CMOS problem How can a random forced shutdown just mess with the BIOS CMOS Or render the CPU undetectable I've forced shutdowns before too but nothing happed I've tried everything I can think of -

A:Blank screen: Laptop won't load BIOS after forced shutdown.

I think you should take out the CMOS battery, so you can reset the BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251284-blank-screen-laptop-wont-load-bios-after-forced-shutdown.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a HP dv9500 with dual hard drives. I'm getting the message "Hard Drive #4 Failed." Do I have to replace both drives?

A:HP dv9500

Probably not, do you know which drive is #4 and if you do is it the drive with the OS on it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9500.1138985/
Relevancy 50.31%

Dell bios screen stops loading @ about 80%. When I restart and try and use ANY of the "F" keys or Ctrl Alt Delete or my OS disk or Diagnostic/utilities DVD's that came with my laptop... nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-inspiron-1525-vista-bios-screen-freeze.1036406/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all
i have a dell inspiron 1564 which i purchased about six months ago.Recently i installed ubuntu 10.10 along with my existing windows 7.But from yesterday i hear unusual beep sound at bios screen when i tried to shut down ubuntu and tried to log in to windows.I even tried uninstalling ubuntu and doing system restore but the noise still remains the same when i restart the system.Moreover what i notice is that the noise is not coming from the system.Could it be something related with virus or hardware?

A:Dell laptop making unusual beep sound at bios screen

any pattern to the noise
.Moreover what i notice is that the noise is not coming from the systemClick to expand...

what exactly do you mean by this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-making-unusual-beep-sound-at-bios-screen.959121/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a friends Asus x h laptop that is not booting and it is droving me crazy What is happening When the power button is pressed the fan turns on and some indicator lights turn on including the hard drive indicator light Then the disc drive makes a noise and the hard drive indicator light turns off Here is a picture of the indicator lights Nothing ever shows up on the screen Asus Laptop x54h black no issue- booting screen, BIOS. Sometimes after running - minutes the laptop will just completely turn off What I have tried -Booting with just the power cord connected -Booting with just the battery connected -Taking Asus x54h Laptop booting issue- black screen, no BIOS. out the battery and unplugging the power cord and holding the power button for seconds then plug in and try to boot again -Attaching a screen and pushing the keyboard buttons to add an additional screen Nothing showed up on it -Taking it's hard Asus x54h Laptop booting issue- black screen, no BIOS. drive and putting it in a good laptop It booted into Windows and ran without issues -Replacing the current stick of ram with a new one from crucial com This laptop only has one RAM slot and I don't have any compatible RAM so I had Asus x54h Laptop booting issue- black screen, no BIOS. to just buy one I put it in and nothing happened differently Also if I remove the RAM completely nothing happens differently This made me think that there might be an issue with the RAM slot I looked at it and there seems to be something a little weird about one of the connectors Here is a picture I am not sure but I thought that this might be causing the RAM to not be detected I used a voltmeter to test between the trace of the RAM and where that connection goes into the motherboard and it seems to be good not certain though -Took apart the laptop and removed the CMOS battery overnight When I put it back together and pressed the power button nothing happened I tried a few more times and then it started to do what it usually does but then it powered off after a few seconds I tried again and it returned to normal doing what it usually did Fan turns on and indicator lights turn on disk drive runs for few seconds hard drive light turns off and screen remains black So now I am almost completely out of ideas The only thought I have is maybe trying to reflow the GPU What are your thoughts Do you think that might be the issue or is it the memory slot or something else I really want to get this working since my friend doesn't have the cash to buy a new laptop Thanks

A:Asus x54h Laptop booting issue- black screen, no BIOS.

The 3rd fin on the right side of RAM slot looks like broken. Is it the case?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374534-asus-x54h-laptop-booting-issue-black-screen-no-bios.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there My Wife recently broke her laptop screen and not wanting to replace it to Need to Screen Reset out in Laptop Sale, VGA Broken. Factory Bios Prior as she wanted a new laptop I m selling it The laptop works fine under Vista connected to my little LCD TV using the VGA out however I want to sell the laptop factory restored and then free space pass - wipe the HDD My problem is that if I try to restore the laptop using the HP software which restarts the laptop to dos I get no VGA out I only get VGA Laptop Screen Broken. Need VGA out in Bios to Factory Reset Prior to Sale, out Laptop Screen Broken. Need VGA out in Bios to Factory Reset Prior to Sale, when Vista loads thus preventing me seeing anything of the BIOS screens or command prompts restore software s input fields under Restore so basically I cannot actually use restore and cannot access BIOS to perhaps force the VGA out if at all possible I feel this is a chicken and egg situation and don t have any knowledge of how to circumvent this if it is at all possible I would be sooooo grateful if someone knows what if anything can be done to force the VGA out perhaps using windows before hitting restore which would shut down the laptop and reboot with VGA output thus allowing me to see what I m doing on the TV whilst carrying out the reset I could always use the HP forums and tech support too I guess The laptop is a HP s running Vista Home Basic Sorry but I m not sure of the BIOS version Many thanks Stu nbsp

A:Laptop Screen Broken. Need VGA out in Bios to Factory Reset Prior to Sale,

Sorry to bump, but I'm guessing this is as much a problem to folks as I thought it was going to be!

Anyone???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-broken-need-vga-out-in-bios-to-factory-reset-prior-to-sale.950553/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a hp dv9500, Vista home 32 bit, mobile intel 965 express chipset, duo core T5250 1.5. it boots right up and runs great. very clear display, the only problem is the display is off to the right and down. i had to go to a lower resolution just to see the toolbar. tried all resolutions, but did not help. re-installed driver, no help. any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have an older HP DV According to BIOS P N RL av board CB (sp33411) XP and HP drivers dv9500 according to the tag on the back of the laptopL P N - RL AY It had Vista on it which crashed After numerous attempts at re-building with the recovery disk and spending hours on the phone with HP and Microsoft HP dv9500 and XP drivers (sp33411) support I stuffed it in a drawer and got a new laptop I am trying to rebuild this for a friend of mine who needs a computer I purchased an OEM version of XP it s a dell-labeled disk and am having troubles installing the drivers I downloaded them from HP s website and burned them onto a DVD from another system I cannot get past sp - the chipset installation It launches the setup wizard I get past the EULA and the progress bar is displayed Then the wizard exits abruptly with no message I have not been able to find any log files reporting errors I am running this as a user with admin privileges Any thoughts Please help thanks l nbsp

A:HP dv9500 and XP drivers (sp33411)

Vista chipset driver won't work for XP.

Which chipset do you have?

Run CPU-Z to identify it
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

then go to Intel and download the chipset driver for XP
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9500-and-xp-drivers-sp33411.1031848/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been given an HP laptop to look at originally the sound was not working so updated drivers and rebooted laptop on reboot it would not boot up I have tried booting up from recovery partition F but it just black screens I have tried booting Pavilion not dv9500 HP booting up from Vista disc but it just comes up with the first screen with copying files along the bottom and then it black screens Sometimes it willl restart I will press a key to boot from cd it goes through copying files with the white progress bar along the bottom and the stops with a blank screen or restarts I have tried the same with a Win disc which does the same but stops on the next screen with quot starting windows quot displayed I have run memory checks and disc checks and both were fine This has me puzzled so I am hoping you guys have a clue whats going on here nbsp

A:HP Pavilion dv9500 not booting

Defective hard drive is my guess.
Have you tried removing and reinstalling the partition? If you cannot do that, you should try another hard drive as a test.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv9500-not-booting.150867/
Relevancy 48.59%

HP Pavilion dv9500

when i turn on the laptop i get no operating system found.but if i put the windows 7 dvd in it will boot up, if there,s no dvd in it will just say no operating systen found,

when i go to start then to  computer i see Drive 2 c  no drive 1????

is there a way to get this to boot up with out the dvd in the drive..

A:HP Pavilion dv9500 will only boot up if dvd is in drive

What happens when you try to boot into the Advanced Boot Options?

To do this start pressing F8 immediately after pressing the power button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484806/hp-pavilion-dv9500-will-only-boot-up-if-dvd-is-in-drive/
Relevancy 48.59%

The HD caddy Kit and Connectorhttps://www.amazon.com/Pavilion-DV9000-SATA-Drive-Caddy/dp/B005GJ8OIK POWER Supply HP dv9500 https://www.amazon.com/SUPPLY-Pavilion-dv9000-dv9400-dv9500/dp/B001MQ6AGO/ref=pd_sim_147_2/163-91900... But I cant find The PLASTIC that covers the two drives, I have the middle one. that covers the DIMMS and WiFi allI need is to buy the PLASTIC covers 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-dv9500-Where-can-I-buy-the-PLASTIC-HD-covers-I/td-p/5770648
Relevancy 48.59%

I am looking for drivers for my Hp Pavilion dv9500.

Here is the device id list:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_283E&SUBSYS_30CC103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&1&FB

HDAUDIO\FUNC_02&VEN_1057&DEV_3055&SUBSYS_10573055&REV_1007\4&3AE97B0E&0&0101

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0268&SUBSYS_103C30CC&REV_1000\4&3AE97B0E&0&0001
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11008086&REV_61\4&3332651E&0&00E0

Another problem I have is that every few seconds the computer just slows down, to the point where the pointer is completely stuck. It stays like this for about 20 seconds, then goes back to normal for about 30 seconds.

A:Hp Pavilion dv9500: Finding drivers

Check the below HP link to get the drivers

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv9000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/3369391/model/3255933/drivers 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566539/hp-pavilion-dv9500-finding-drivers/
Relevancy 48.59%

when i turn on the laptop i get no operating system found but if i put the windows dvd in it will is in dv9500 drive up HP only boot dvd Pavilion if will boot up if there s no dvd in HP Pavilion dv9500 will only boot up if dvd is in drive it will just say no operating systen found once the pc boots up to windows i can take the windows dvd out of the drive and surf the web ect is there a way to HP Pavilion dv9500 will only boot up if dvd is in drive get this to boot up with out the dvd in the drive i ran a disk check in commond promp and got failed to transfer logged messages to the event log status X Sources gt i also ran bootrec exe RebuildBcd The above command will scan all your disks for other operating systems compatible with Windows and allow you to add them to your system's boot list and i got total identified windows installations i was told to run this Code http support wdc com product download asp groupid amp sid amp lang en but im not sure what to do here At DOS prompt type dlgdiag exe to run the program and at start up it s not giving me the option to boot from the dvd i CReated a bootable iso with magic iso

A:HP Pavilion dv9500 will only boot up if dvd is in drive

Have you tried Startup repair?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/278091-hp-pavilion-dv9500-will-only-boot-up-if-dvd-drive.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a HP Pavilion DV9500. The CD/DVD optical drive has vanished it does not appear in My computer nor does it show up in device manager. I have searched numerous sites for help and all have failed . i called HP Canada and of course they want money to help.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:HP Pavilion DV9500 CD/DVD not recognized in Vista

Have you resolved the problem? I have the same issue with my HP notebook. If you have I am interested in the solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv9500-cd-dvd-not-recognized-in-vista.957647/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I'm trying to fix a friends laptop its a 32bit Vista HP Pavillion DV9500 laptop, and the built in webcam doesnt seem to be working.

I've been searching the internet for ages and can't to seem much help, apart from the following:

Testing in QuickPlay, which I have and dont get an option to view webcam.
Update drivers, cant seem to find any drivers, although can't seem to find any hardware or software associated with the webcam on the laptop. (this might be the problem)
Set up in Windows Live Messenger
Set up in Yahoo
Set up in Skype
None of the above work. Has anyone else had similar problems with this laptop, or does anyone know where I can get some software I can use to get it working?

Many thanks
Mark

Relevancy 48.16%

I just finished chatting with tech support from HP I was told that it is impossible to make the series dual boot because Pavilion HP boot series No DV9500 dual on it has SATA drives and the quot disable SATA quot option is not available in the BIOS therefore XP will not recognize the hard drive because XP has no SATA drivers he said He flatly refused to say anything about Linux HP doesn t support it Anybody heard of this I want to buy the DV model tomorrow Alex Irven Please be No dual boot on HP Pavilion DV9500 series careful before buying Alex Since the machine is No dual boot on HP Pavilion DV9500 series mine I do with No dual boot on HP Pavilion DV9500 series it as I please what you are saying is that even though I fully own the laptop once I buy it I am still tied to the agreement between Microsoft and HP I can t install any operating system I please Linux XP or whatever I choose Irven Yes Alex you are absolutely correct but down grading the operating system is creatingf lots of problem inthe machine That s the reason this steps has been taken place For your notebook s safty Alex what if the hard drive fails Irven You could repalce it that s not the issue Alex are you allowed to disclose the workaround that restriction surely you will not want to buy a car if you are told by the manufacturer what brand of gasoline you must use would you Irven I d understand that Alex Might be you are comfortable with XP Alex can I make the laptop dual boot Irven Unfortunately that feature is not available Irven You mean to say XP Vista Alex XP Vista Linux if I so choose Irven That might not be possible Irven You could chosee series Alex but if I replace the hard drive with another SATA drive can I install another operating system Irven Alex I dont think that will work out Alex but you just told me that I can replace the drive with another one do I have unrestricted access to the BIOS Irven Let me expalin you Alex please go ahead Irven The notebook accepts only SATA enabled Hard drive If you repalce it with another SATA enable hard drive that wont support XP Irven Then what will be the use Alex you mean to say that XP can not be installed on a machine with a SATA hard drive Irven Sata drivers need to be installed before installing the XP but for XP SATA drivers are not available Alex OK well you just suggested the series It also comes with SATA drives the only difference between the and series seems to be the processor s brand and the video card So how can I install XP on one but not on the other Irven That will have the option to desable SATA in the BIOS if it doesnot have that option then you may not install XP even on it I believe it has SATA desable option But for I am sure it has no such option Irven Is there anything else In which I can assist you Alex how about Linux why can t I install Linux on the Irven I cannot say any thing about Linux as HP does not support it how ever I haev found one SATA driver that migt help you out Irven Here it is Irven http h www hp com bizsuppor scription jsp lang en amp cc US amp swItem wk- - Irven Do not click on the link Copy and the paste the link into the address bar of the web browser Alex ok thank you for your help Irven Please take care good bye Alex nbsp

A:No dual boot on HP Pavilion DV9500 series

ToshibustM60,

I have the DV9200t and I am booting into Vista x64, Ubuntu Linux, and XP. The problem is similar to yours, and that is if I boot into XP I have to disable the SATA capability in the BIOS and that is a pain each time. I can leave it off all the time but then the drives are not running at full capacity.

I have the latest chipset loaded on. I loaded them after the install. To install I disabled SATA. I am curious if anyone used F6 during Windows install to load the drivers then had luck with SATA enabled?

It is sad HP is taking this course of limiting the OS. Us power users are sought out by friends, peers, management on our opinions. Just think the next time someone ask for our advice on what laptop to go with. I hope HP gets a clue. I have been happy with the laptop other than the multiboot/bios problem.

Stan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-dual-boot-on-hp-pavilion-dv9500-series.600224/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello nbsp I have a DV dv ev code pavilion laptop and as usual for those series the NVIDIA GPU failed I had stripes on the screed and the resolution was x nbsp I badly tried to reflow DV9500 - motherboard change compatibility Pavillion the chip using a heatgun but i made it worst Now i am thinking to replace the motherboard I find many of them on Ebay but i Pavillion DV9500 motherboard change - compatibility think that they all are reflowed and i will end up to the same issue soon The Part number of the motherboard Pavillion DV9500 motherboard change - compatibility is - I noticed that there are also similar motherboards not having the NVIDIA chip but on-board INTEL graphics The one that i found has p n - I was wondering if this motherboard can replace my original one nbsp to have the Intel graphics instead of Nvidia chip which failed on most of the people Both of the motherboards can use the same Intel CPU from the photos i can see that they have the same connectors etc The only difference that i see is that the second one does not have the NVIDIA chip soldered I attach also some pictures nbsp Does anyone have knowledge on this question Any help will be highly nbsp appreciated nbsp Regards Konstantinos Solved View Solution

A:Pavillion DV9500 motherboard change - compatibility

Yes it will work fine. The mounting holes are in the same place. You might wind up with an empty port or have to use a dremel tool to open up a small hole in the side but the board will work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavillion-DV9500-motherboard-change-compatibility/td-p/2855821
Relevancy 48.16%

I was removing programs & files which I deemed uneccesary on my brothers laptop. I then shutdown & now Im unable to start the laptop normally.

A:HP Pavillion dv9500 only starting in safe mode

Hi and welcome to TSF if it starts in safemode try doing a system restore to a date prior to the changes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-dv9500-only-starting-in-safe-mode-494319.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys I've been searching the web for solutions for hours now and won't find anything that works for me You are kinda like my last hope Situation I have a Asus A C Laptop here it's my brother's that won't boot If I turn it on it quickly shows the Logo screen and nothing else happens If I have a WIN -DVD in the DVD-drive created with downloaded ISO it seems to be working on another laptop the drive makes some noises but nothing else happens If I have a Ubuntu-Live-USB plugged in worked on this Laptop before nothing happens If I press F repeatedly after turning the Laotop on it's the BIOS-key nothing happens What I've tried I tried several boot boot from (Logo won't Laptop access or BIOS USB/DVD screen),can't potential BIOS-keys although I am sure that F is the one I tried the turn off Laptop won't boot (Logo screen),can't boot from USB/DVD or access BIOS deplug battery and cable hit power-switch times and for a minute thing I tried unplugging the Laptop while it was in the logo screen hoping this would bring me to BIOS after starting it again How I got there An Ubuntu system has been installed on the Laptop for a while Now my brother needed a windows and I wanted to create a dual boot system what I had succesfully done before Some stupid mistakes later I had a corrupted Win and wanted to overwrite it with a fresh install I tried to delete the Laptop won't boot (Logo screen),can't boot from USB/DVD or access BIOS MB system reserved partition in the WIN -installation menu because I Laptop won't boot (Logo screen),can't boot from USB/DVD or access BIOS thought a fresh install would create a new one This took about hour for the MBs without any visible progress I finally force-turned it off I then had a Blue Screen several times On started with quot x E quot one was something like quot stop x xFFFFF FC X XFFFFF C C D X quot Unfortunately I don't exactly remember how I got from blue screens to where I am now How I imagine the solution Is there a way to get into BIOS so that I could set DVD or USB as booting device I hope I could then reinstall WIN Is there another way to force the Laptop to boot from USB or USB Is there a way to plug the laptop to another laoptop in order to solve the problem But that's just my amatuerish imagionation any help is very much appreciated Yours Joe

A:Laptop won't boot (Logo screen),can't boot from USB/DVD or access BIOS

Hello and welcome Joe mate the BIOS key is F2 and this is the manual for that model sorry but I can only access the English version - if you type in what you want to search for it automatically will go to that setting or instruction. https://www.manualowl.com/m/Asus/A54...261331?page=84

Now if you select the optical as the first boot device and it will not go then maybe it needs a new optical drive - very cheap these days and you may be lucky that it is held in with one screw on the underside of the laptop without any pics it is hard to tell - it possibly could be in that manual.

Now for the BSOD's please use these if you want to get them analysed

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

&

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/388411-laptop-wont-boot-logo-screen-cant-boot-usb-dvd-access-bios.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

Laptop is a Samsung R510 running Vista.

When it is switched on, it gets stuck on the Samsung BIOS load screen. The F2 (Setup) and F4 (Recovery) buttons don't work unless they are pressed straight away. But when they are pressed it says 'Please Wait', but nothing happens.

I have changed the CMOS battery, but it hasn't helped.

I have also taken the hard drive out and turned it on, still the same.  Each RAM stick has been tried on its own, and it is still the same.

Can anyone help?

A:Laptop Stuck On BIOS Load Screen/Won't Load Vista

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

Start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513423/laptop-stuck-on-bios-load-screenwont-load-vista/
Relevancy 44.72%

Computer won't boot after bios upgrade Quick history- computer was working but was dropped damaging hdd- verified hdd damage by removing it and connecting it to another computer- verified computer hardware still good by booting and using it from ubuntu live cd- purchased SSD- changed Bios HDD support to Legacy mode so I could install w - installed w bit professional- install went great computer booted in windows no lan or wifi yet missing drivers- downloaded drivers and bios update from HP site for my exact machine to USB stick using different machine- installed audio driver- installed bios update did not tamper with machine at all during BIOS update followed instructions exactly- after bios update nbsp s w said bios flash was complete computer just hung for min's- repowered machine only get black screen- holding down F while powering up gets white F BIOS Setup Options text in lower left corner of screen nothing else happens I tried holding the windows bios boot after upgrade bios or no Black menu screen and B key before powering then for a minute after powering several times nothing happened http support hp com us-en document c I repeated that procedure half a dozen times with and without a USB with the BIOS update software on it in a USB slot no difference nbsp nbsp Does my model support this key combination to load deffault BIOS settings nbsp Do I have any other options to unbrick my machine Any Black screen no boot or bios menu after bios upgrade advice is appreciated Mike

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-no-boot-or-bios-menu-after-bios-upgrade/td-p/5635572
Relevancy 43.86%

My screen is frozen on 'Information' when in BIOS. The arrow keys are not responding when in BIOS due to this freeze. Function key and F1 F2 etc not responding. I need to access something in BIOSwas attempting to look at something with BIOS. I switched it off and on, same issue persisting. It was my first attempt at accessing the BIOS.

Windows 8.1 is working normally though, just the BIOS frozen. I had to switch off the laptop and power up again to access windows.  Thank you in advance.

B50 lenovo
BIOS version 9dcn79ww(v2.00)

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B50-BIOS-screen-is-frozen-stuck-in-BIOS/td-p/3325279
Relevancy 43.86%

My screen is frozen on 'Information' when in BIOS. The arrow keys are not responding when in BIOS due to this freeze. Function key and F1 F2 etc not responding. I need to access something in BIOSwas attempting to look at something with BIOS. I switched it off and on, same issue persisting. It was my first attempt at accessing the BIOS. Windows 8.1 is working normally though, just the BIOS frozen. I had to switch off the laptop and power up again to access windows.  Thank you in advance. B50 lenovoBIOS version 9dcn79ww(v2.00)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/BIOS-screen-is-frozen-stuck-in-BIOS/td-p/3325279
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello As is often the case I left my computer on overnight a couple of nights ago When I woke up there was no response Nothing was coming to the monitor and although the system and cpu fans were still on the HDDs were not receving power Now I ve taken the case of and dug around I can report the following symptoms The obvious one is that the PCs crappy speaker is making a constant medium pitch buzzing noise when the system is powered on This is NOT a beep MOBO? Bios Bios Not or reaching Ami screen even from the ami bios suggesting an error code and even if it was a wierd low beep ami bios a continuous beep isn t part of the ami bios error selection http www bioscentral com beepcodes amibeep htm Indeed I had to hunt around a bit before I realised that the sound was even coming from the speaker at all System fan and cpu fan still come on Nothing to monitor and HDDs don t fire up Likewise no power to optical drives e g pressing open close does nothing I ve tried reseating everything I ve also tried taking away all extraneous hardware soundcard and tv card I ve dedusted and am confident it s not a heat problem I never get heat problems thanks to my trusty zalman The system is self built Ami Bios or MOBO? Not even reaching Bios screen and years old MOBO battery is about a year old but in any case - this is interesting - taking the battery out and turning on the pc still gets the medium buzzing sound which I gather also means I ve cleared the bios Indeed I removed the CPU itself and the system fires up for a second and then closes down again But even then the buzzing comes on indicating that it s very early on in the process The power supply is about years old and is an antec w I just can t work out what s going on and I m not really even sure what the buzzing has to to with it although the fact that it coincides in time with the problem in general means that it surely is related nbsp

A:Ami Bios or MOBO? Not even reaching Bios screen

Consider the PSU may have failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ami-bios-or-mobo-not-even-reaching-bios-screen.711089/
Relevancy 43%

Is this at all possible? Pretty new at the whole DIY breaking computers open to fix them stuff but i'm learning quick haha.

Here is the toshiba and the screen:

Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-A5231 Laptop
Laptop LCD Screen for Toshiba Satellite C55DT A5231 15 6" WXGA HD | eBay

Here is the replacement screen for the Sony laptop(actually an LG screen):

http://www.amazon.com/LG-LP156WH4-LP...lp156wh1+tl+c1

What would I need to know in order to understand if this would work or not?

Also, here is the laptop w me holding up the screens:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-...112_000945.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-...112_001008.jpg

A:Replace Toshiba laptop screen w Sony laptop screen? Same size. 15.6"

It's not the size of the display screen, these are all fairly identical. It is the connector socket and the rail screw positions that will bite you.

I suggest finding an exact replacement. If you can't find one on eBay then you certainly will at a store like this one:
LAPTOP SCREEN from $34.99, replacement LCD screens. Repair Tablet, Acer, Apple, iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Dell, HP Compaq, Toshiba, IBM Lenovo, Sony, Asus, Gateway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351992-replace-toshiba-laptop-screen-w-sony-laptop-screen-same-size-15-6-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

when I last powered it screen Bios enter I goes the for computer 30 os to mins stays it the on on choose power when before my screen on my machine It stayed on when I power on my computer it stays on the Bios enter screen for 30 mins before it goes to the choose os screen the screen I can use to enter Bios for hours maybe more I am afraid to turn my machine off again but I know I will need to eventually I used trend micro and did a online virus scan that found no threat then I used hijack this here are the results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system PackethSvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system UStorSrv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files CASIO YouTube Uploader for CASIO YStart exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files CompuServe b wcs exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Compaq Owner My Documents avg download file HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www zdnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO... Read more

A:when I power on my computer it stays on the Bios enter screen for 30 mins before it goes to the choose os screen

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318955/when-i-power-on-my-computer-it-stays-on-the-bios-enter-screen-for-30-mins-before-it-goes-to-the-choose-os-screen/
Relevancy 41.71%

Specs HP Compaq SFF Running XP PRO SP With A GHz P and GBs of RAM Let me tell you what happened I was having problems with a very very slow CD DVD combo drive and I looked around and around and could find only one thing that seemed like it would help and it made perfect sense You see I have a good computer but it is a Small Form--not allowing me to add much to it Anything that I have added has to be added as a slave device Anyway my configuration was this My boot Upon Reboot: Blue BIOS/ACPI help! Error--Striped Screen Screen Please drive is a GB SATA drive Then I have only one IDE Controller on the Motherboard which has the Blue Screen BIOS/ACPI Error--Striped Screen Upon Reboot: Please help! CD DVD drive as master and an old GB Hard Drive as slave My optical drive was turtle or snail slow when viewing pictures copying pasting files to the HD and anything that is data oriented So what I did was disconnect the slave HD drive to see if that would make it run like an optical drive was supposed to run a little slow but bearable When I did this and reconnected and rebooted it would not boot to anything--safe mode windows last known configuration hp recovery boot discs nothing At the opening screen I get the opening HP screen but it has stripes I go into BIOS and the menus are striped If I try to boot to Windows Safe Mode I get either a black screen where nothing happens Blue Screen BIOS/ACPI Error--Striped Screen Upon Reboot: Please help! an endless pause or a Blue Screen telling me that I have a BIOS error and they have stopped at this point to avoid any further damage There's also a message telling me to press F to disable ACPI so that I can continue with an installation This has never happened to me before Because I took out a drive that was a slave drive Please help me with any advice that you can

A:Blue Screen BIOS/ACPI Error--Striped Screen Upon Reboot: Please help!

to the Bleeping Computer forum.

At the opening screen, I get the opening HP screen, but it has stripes. I go into BIOS and the menus are striped.

My assumption is one of the memory sticks got loosed from it's slot when you played with the HDD. Please remove the memory modules and use a pencil rubber to clean it's gold plated contacts.  After making sure the contacts are clean and shining, inset them to the slots. If there is more than one module, connect one at a time. Now try to boot the system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507397/blue-screen-biosacpi-error-striped-screen-upon-reboot-please-help/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello My fathers Gateway laptop Windows Vista bit Model number MD u has recently encountered a problem When you press the power button the Gateway start screen pops up the one with F for BIOS F for Boot Menu in the corner the screen then has a blinking underscore in the left corner the screen goes black then returns to the get at into 64bit get stuck list Gateway Vista Mode Bios, Safe Screen, to can't screen can Gateway start screen and continues to repeat the cycle There are no beeps I can load the computer into BIOS but I haven t really messed with the settings there as I m afraid of wrecking things further I can load it to the Boot Menu and a dialog box with the options CDROM DVD Main Hard Drive Boot to LAN and Enter Setup pops up with the Phoenix Secure Core BIOS ver etc popping up for a second before the dialog box pops up I ve tried to boot the Main Hard Drive to no avail - it just starts the cycle over again I ve pressed all the Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list function keys in hopes to find the menu to boot it to safe mode I Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list know it usually F but figured his computer might be different but the buttons just beep As to how it got this way He left it on hibernate last night and when he tried to turn it on this morning this is what he encountered We figure it might has something to do with Windows Automatic Updates Some history about the sad state of his compter His laptop battery will not hold a charge it works off A C power His CD DVD ROM is dead near dead We ve bought him an external CD DVD drive that hooks into his USB port Sometimes if his external CD DVD drive is plugged in his computer won t start up correctly and needs to be fixed through Safe Mode that very well might be because his BIOS Boot order is CDROM DVD USB Floppy drive Main Hard Drive USB Storage stick USB Hard drive Boot to LAN His computer has needed to be System Restored through Safe Mode recently after he got up to use the restroom when watching a movie on his computer using the external CD DVD ROM at around am and when he got back his computer was off He turned it on and the Gateway screen would pop up and then the screen would stay black That time I could get it into Safe Mode this time it just cycles through the Gateway start screen black screen and back again I have a feeling this problem might have something with windows updates because last night my sister s computer HP Laptop Vista bit started itself up out of hibernation mode at am presumably for updates And I ve seen my father s computer start up out of hibernation mode at am before it scared the crap outta me and the timing before when he was watching the movie seems to fit I ve researched the problem somewhat and have seen that it might possibly be a hardware problem ie PCU Motherboard or RAM I ve tried to start his computer without his battery as well as with and without his external CD DVD drive hooked up Anyone have any ideas to fix this Thanks in advance

A:Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468470/vista-64bit-stuck-at-gateway-screen-can-get-into-bios-cant-get-to-safe-mode-screen-list/
Relevancy 41.71%

Okay so lately I've noticed that my PC isn't displaying the BIOS splash and skips screen PC to splash BIOS login straight screen goes screen anymore and skips straight to the Windows login screen It didn't really bother me until today when I wanted to boot into Ubuntu and I couldn't select which PC skips BIOS splash screen and goes straight to login screen OS I wanted to use I'm pretty sure the problem isn't the BIOS itself since I unplugged all the peripherals except the speakers removed all the RAM and PC skips BIOS splash screen and goes straight to login screen the BIOS did beep repeatedly And given enough time I can boot into windows and only windows Apparently people have had this problem before and all the solutions I've read such as quot Press 'del' to go into your BIOS quot really doesn't help since I can't see anything in my BIOS menu The only solution that made sense to me was that my CMOS battery could be dying I haven't changed my rig since I built it in The only significant event that happened recently might be that Windows updated itself tl dr -PC doesn't display BIOS splash screen -Can't see messages displayed by system -When windows does bootup everything runs just fine -Haven't changed rig for years

A:PC skips BIOS splash screen and goes straight to login screen

This is normally a BIOS setting called "Fast boot" or something such. It might have toggled off due to low battery causing a reset. This may also explain why a BIOS Boot Menu no longer appears.

It won't hurt to change your CMOS battery and might help. You can reset your BIOS at the same time which is also indicated: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

Do you have Ubuntu (wisely) on another HD so you need the BIOS Boot menu to show up when you press it's hot key? If so make sure all HD's are detected in BIOS setup and BIOS Boot order is set to preferred HD first. If BIOS Boot menu still doesn't show up using hotkey, change boot order to other OS HD to see if it will in fact boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221468-pc-skips-bios-splash-screen-goes-straight-login-screen.html
Relevancy 41.71%

So I ve blank screen after Windows BIOS half screen installs, had this computer for almost a year HP Pavillion a n G Maxtor HDD x mb DDR ram Hz Gig Brought to it s knees this weekend enexpectedly I am attempting to install Windows XP Pro I have used the maxtor diagnostic util to wipe the HDD to all zeroes leaving one big unpartitioned Windows half installs, blank screen after BIOS screen space When I boot from the Windows XP CD it goes though the install just fine formats the space and copies the files seemingly alright When it reboots it goes through the whole BIOS screen fine it again asks to press any key to boot from CD and if nothing is pressed goes directly to a blank screen no cursor no Windows half installs, blank screen after BIOS screen loading nothing Leaving it for up to an hour does nothing Monitor is on and signal seems active but nothing is coming though I can access recovery console but I m getting in over my head at that point Can anything in there help me Any advice is good advice I messed with this all weekend long and it is getting old Thanks nbsp

A:Windows half installs, blank screen after BIOS screen

Hi

When the PC reboots after copying files it should then read from the boot device, it may be possible that the BIOS is set incorrectly with the boot device not being set as the bootable drive.

Go into BIOS and ensure that the first bootable device is the HD you are loading windows onto, also remove any devices attached to the bootable drive such as any slave drives and that the jumper is set to master, not slave or cable select, if the CD rom that you are loading windows from is slaved to the master drive then place it on its own IDE channel and rerun the setup from scratch.

The only other time I have seen this happen is when the drive itself is flaky, that was only once though and I had to replace the drive.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-half-installs-blank-screen-after-bios-screen.77230/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello everyone. I'm new the the forums here (as in just registered), but I need some help please. Basically after attempting to open firefox today (as I have probably over 20 times a day for the last year at least), I received a blue screen of death, and now my computer seems to be shot. I know how difficult it is to diagnose something without being able to see it, so I made a short little 4 min video of me trying to turn it on and what it does. Hopefully this has happened to at least someone before.

Blue Screen of Death - YouTube

A:[SOLVED] BSOD help. Blank screen after BIOS pop up and blue screen while trying to re

Hi,

From the video you provided (which is great, by the way)... your system is failing to POST. Essentially if the system detects that a device or component is failing to provide the accurate information, which ensures that it would then be safe to run, the system will not POST.

From the looks of it, your hard drive or memory appears to be the issue which is the issue in most of the cases like this as you're BSOD'ing right after loading the Windows disc and after it loads the files necessary for the install.

My current advice:

1. Clear / reset the CMOS and try booting up and or loading the disc again.

2. If possible using another system, possibly a laptop... etc, download and run Memtest86+ -

Memtest86+:

Quote:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Quote:

http://www.memtest.org/

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

How Memtest works:

Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/28864-FAQ-please-read-before-posting

3. Connect the hard drive to another system and run chkdsk on it, connect it back after and try again.

4. Contact iBuyPower and let them know your system suddenly out of the blue is experiencing hardware failure and will not POST.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-help-blank-screen-after-bios-pop-up-and-blue-screen-while-trying-to-re-659431.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey, im new here ive tryed a couple of other site but no luck so, my problem here is that like a week ago this thing popped up about opera gold its a nice ware has ended and needs to close? so i clicked dont sent then my computer shut off, ok so i turned it back on and after the bios flash screen (where it says press f2 for setup Ect.) it just goes to a black screen. I've tried starting in safe mod it just keeps getting stuck on KDCOM.DLL and just sits there. Anyone got a clue what could be the problem?

Thanks

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and have quite a big problem. So any help is welcome and appreciated.

My Satellite Pro A200 goes black after the BIOS screen and a black screen with a blinking cursor. Also just before the screen goes black a bleep can be heard which shows windows is booting.
I can access the toshiba set-up screen but not the safety mode set-up.

Kind Regards

A:Re: Satellite Pro A200 - Screen goes black after BIOS screen

Hello

You wrote that you can access the BIOS but have you checked if the HDD is recognized properly? Maybe the computer cannot boot because HDD isn?t recognized so you should check this.

If the HDD is recognized I would try a recovery installation from Toshiba recovery disk. It seems that Windows isn?t able to start and if you reinstall the whole system it should help to get rid of this. Just go in boot menu and select CD/DVD drive as boot device.

Check this!!!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63133-Re-Satellite-Pro-A200-Screen-goes-black-after-BIOS-screen
Relevancy 41.28%

I download bios my elitebook 2570p which running windows 10 64bit on this link http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5284308&swItemId=ob_166366_1&swEnvOid=419...I run the installer, follow the wizzard guide, until the reboot button appeared. after i press the button, the notebook reboot but screen not lit up, just the keyboard leds were lit up.I pressed win + b button but with no luck, caps lock blinking, sometimes numlock also blinking.then i hard reset by removing battery and press the power button for 15 seconds, it become worse because when i plugin the charger, no sign of light charging.  Any help would be appreciated? Thank you very much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Screen-black-screen-not-lit-up-after-latest-bios-update-of-F/td-p/5726688
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi
I'm getting a blank screen when my computer boots up. Not even a Bios screen or anything. But, Win 7 seems to boot up fine in the background. I can hear the welcome chime in the background after a little bit.
I was in the process of putting in a new SSD when this happened. Tried to unplug it and restart, but same problem. Now I have everything else unplugged but the graphics card, and the old hdds. Still nothing but blank screen.
I'm wondering if it's the graphics card or the power supply that are spotty. Fan is spinning on the graphics card, but I'm not sure what to make of that by itself.
Not quite sure what to do now....

Details:
Mobo: Gigabyte 870A-UD3 AMD
CPU: AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 Black Edition
RAM: GSkill DDR3-1600 4GB
Graphics: MSI N460GTX Fermi
Power: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W modular

A:Blank Screen, No Bios Screen, Win 7 boots fine, Now What?

You might have the splash turned off in the bios. Have you checked the settings in there. When the computer boots start hitting the button to get you into the bios seeing as you can't see it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205558-blank-screen-no-bios-screen-win-7-boots-fine-now-what.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I read the posting instructions but it's a little difficult for me to run that program because my computer won't actually display anything But here's what I Blue no BIOS, screen after no display Black Screen, can answer OS - Win bit Original OS - Vista Home Premium October OS is retail upgrade Hard Drive has been in use since October everything else is less than hours old I haven't reinstalled the OS CPU - Intel Core i k Videocard - BFG nVidia GeFroce GTX GB MoBo - ASUS P H -M PSU - Corsair GS W A on v if that's relevant Corsair GB DDR Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display MHz RAM x GB Don't know about system manufacturer they're different parts The Case is by NZXT and the TB HDD is by Seagate This is going to be a bit of a long read so I'll start off by giving the short version of all this Here's the short version I built this PC yesterday and it was working but couldn't 't display the native x resolution I got quot Out of Range quot error Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display on my monitor when I tried to change it to any other resolution I installed an nVidia control program and made a custom resolution of x About half an hour later I got a blue screen Now when I start it up I just get a black screen no error messages just a black screen It isn't just my own monitor I've tried it with another fully functioning one too And more detail here It was all working alright when I first set it up but I couldn't get native resolution for my LG W monitor x which displayed the resolution just fine on my old PC with no dedicated GPU When I changed the resolution through the Windows resolution change interface tool it wouldn't give me the option of going over x something else I can't remember I tried to change the refresh rate but I got the same error when I tried to increase the resolution as when I tried to change the refresh rate quot Out of Range quot and then it said a frequency in kHz and Hz I downloaded the nVidia control panel and made a custom resolution x and it was all fine after that However the first problem I noticed was I could not run the game Civilization V because upon starting the game up I got the same quot Out of Range quot error message from my monitor I even tried to change the compatibility so that I could let it run at the lower resolution x or something like that but I got the same error message That was pretty much the only problem although I'm sure I would have encountered similar problems if I tried to play similar games I was using the computer for about half an hour and whilst I was on facebook I just got a blue screen It stayed there for a couple seconds then I turned it off from the main socket When I started it up again I just got a black screen I didn't even get a BIOS display I've been trying it all morning and it still hasn't been working Also after I've turned it on from the main socket upon startup it starts up then shuts down then starts up again then down and finally stays on after a couple moments of this Still displaying nothing on the monitor though and I get no quot Out of Range quot error message just a black screen I have no idea what it may be I have tried erasing the CMOS thing by moving the jumper position on the motherboard and removing and reinstalling the battery but that hasn't seemed to have worked I don't know what else to do Thanks a lot in advance I know it's a long read

A:Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Does the system display the Asus splash screen before going to the black screen?

Have you checked to see if the video card has power (the extra power plugs in most cards these days)? Have you checked to make sure the fan is working, and that the video cooler isn't clogged up?

Have you tried another video card? I'd suspect that the video card or it's drivers are your issue. If the system boots into Safe Mode, then I'd suspect the drivers, if it doesn't boot into Safe Mode (so you can see the display) - then I'd have to assume that it's the video card.

See if you can return the video card. If not, then see if you can borrow one from another computer - or buy one that you can return if it's not needed.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-after-blue-screen-no-bios-no-display-594237.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi CPU Intel Core QUAD Motherboard AsRock x TurboTwins Ram DDR x GB GHz brand Hynix GPU ATI HD PSU Corsair W OS Windows Custom previous screen black in screen after goes blue The (even BIOS) build I installed Civilization and directX as well because I was asked to The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) during the installation After few minutes of being in the game a blue screen popped up I do not know what message was on there I restarted the computer and system recommended to run the fix mode I launched it and after a while I was advised to bring the settings back to the restore point I acknowledged this but then all I saw was a black screen Since then after The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) each restart the screen goes black If I manage to go to BIOS after - seconds the screen goes black I cannot even reinstall Windows Those - seconds in BIOS are The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) enough to check the temperatures on CPU and MB they are around degrees Celsius so overheating is not the problem I connected the monitor with my laptop and it works so monitor is fine There are no loose connections There is no dust and debris - this system is months old Problem might be in the graphics card Several weeks ago the screen used to go grey after playing Fallout for - minutes I disabled the audio on the card and that solved the problem However Windows still indicated that there is something wrong with the GPU on the other hand drivers were up-to-date Can anyone help please Or let me know what you think might be wrong Thanks nbsp

A:The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS)

Since you are having a graphics issue in both the BIOS startup screen and while Windows is open, it does sound like a graphics card problem and not a driver problem. Do you have another graphics card to substitute for test purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-screen-goes-black-after-previous-blue-screen-even-in-bios.158751/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 40.42%

My laptop was working fine the other day... Came back to it the next morning and the screen wouldn't come on and it kept resetting every 30 seconds or so. Once I finally got it to boot and get to sign in page the screen was all scrambled. But, everything else worked I could log in but couldn't do anything...

Anyone got a solution?

A:blank screen and restarting laptop every few secs or scrambled screen at sign in screen

What do you mean scrambled?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300612/blank-screen-and-restarting-laptop-every-few-secs-or-scrambled-screen-at-sign-in-screen/
Relevancy 40.42%

AS the title says, I recently had a system restore last night after my windows 7 refuse to load. Having done so, it told me to click OK after the system restore to restart my laptop.

I complied and after the BIOS screen load, all i get was a black screen with this _ symbol and thats as far as it goes. Its like looking at a black picture with the symbol only. Anyone got any idea to solve this problem of mine please?

Specs:
Acer Aspire 4745G
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium

A:Black screen after BIOS load screen

If you have any USB devices other than keyboard and mouse, disconnect them, and do a hard shutdown by pressing the power switch down until your computer switches off.

Wait half a minute or so and try booting up again.

If that doesn't work, are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Failing that you could try a repair install.

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195902-black-screen-after-bios-load-screen.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Well the title says it all. I boot my pc, i see the bios screen then the green light turns to yellow and the screen becomes black... I have tried everything including resetting my bios. i'm out of ideas, i tried two different monitors both do the same.

Edit: Right before the screen goes idle it says on the screen : No hard disk detected
also i hear no beep sound when i turn on the pc. But i don't remember if i ever did

Relevancy 40.42%

i recently cleaned my pc,after i got a new hard disk,i installed it,after when i started it ,nothing happens.i have checked the ram,,,it gets no signal from the pc, i got a new video card, it is working it is booting,before i press the start at the cabinet,please help,

A:no bios screen,no signal for screen but pc boots

few questions
make and model of PC
you have doe quite a few things
cleaned PC
installed new HD
New video card

can give a lot of detail - why have you done the above and what did you do.

did you have onboard video before - or just replace the card - some make and models would help here to

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-bios-screen-no-signal-for-screen-but-pc-boots.874636/
Relevancy 39.13%

my window has corrupted... when i `m going to install another window so it sticks so i need to format all the drives but how??

A:how to format all my laptop from another laptop or from bios

What exactly is the problem? Perhaps we can help you solve that so you don't have to resort to reinstalling/restoring Windows.However, if you're really set on that you should be able to restore the system to factory settings. What is the make/model of the laptop?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-to-format-all-my-laptop-from-another-laptop-or-from-bios/2127.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,i've got windows 7 64 bit,since ive moved my pc i get no bios screen or windowns loading screen? its just blank til it loads to where i input my password? My win 7 has been running fine,this has happened since i moved my pc to a new desk yesterday.I've checked all connections etc with no luck..anyhelp would be appreciated.

(p.s win 7 still works fine)

A:No win 7 loading screen or bios screen.

Which connections did you check? Make sure the video card and RAM are firmly seated.

Also see this (poorly formatted) tutorial: Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test) - TechSpot OpenBoards

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/68179-no-win-7-loading-screen-bios-screen.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all Yesterday I was on my computer and I was doing nothing at all hadn t made any recent changes to it and the screen suddenly went black while the monitor light remained blue which is it s standard color when it s connected to the PC turned on any working well It suddenly started to smell like something was burning bad So I immediately shut down the computer while holding the power button down for sec as I couldn t see anyhting on the screen I opened up my computer and I didn t see anyhting burning can't the Black BIOS even screen see screen, but it was smelling pretty bad and I think it was because of all of Black screen, can't even see the BIOS screen the dust there was tons of it literally So after I thoroughly cleaned it out I turned on my computer the screen turned on fine but I still couldn t see anyhting not even the boot sequence I entered Windows normally as I heard the sound when it logs into Windows but still nothing on the screen I then decided to take out my graphics card and put the onboard graphics chip into use But I couldn T even get into the BIOS as I didn T see anyhting After some testing I became aware that after I unplugged my VGA cable and replugged it back in into the VGA port of the onboard GPU the picture came back on for seconds and then disappeared So I went into the BIOS and after a couple of minues of plugging and unplugging the VGA cable I managed to put the onboard GPU as default and saved and exited the BIOS By this time I had already taken out my main Graphics card The computer rebooted and nothing it S still the same the screen is black and it comes abck on for seconds if I take my VGA cable in and back out When I had my main GPU connected I also had a black screen and it was connected to a DVI cable to my inch screen It s either that some kind of graphics structure has fried on my motherboard or that my main GPU Radeon X has fried and that the VGA cable connected to the onboard GPU is defective Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Black screen, can't even see the BIOS screen

"but it was smelling pretty bad"...

Something on the motherboard has fried. Dust needs heat to smell bad and the dust acts like a blanket holding in heat. Heat is bad for motherboards. Replace the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-cant-even-see-the-bios-screen.174847/
Relevancy 37.84%

I bought a used Dell Latitude CPI laptop It s former life was help and Laptop Bios being used as a network computer so when you turn it on it will ask you for the network password I have tried everything to get around it and I cannot So I located a recovery CD in which I am suppose to go into the Bios and boot from the CD Here is what I get I am looking at the laptop right now and am in the bios screen I am looking at the screen called Boot Configuration It gives me options Boot first device Boot second device and so forth Underneath each one of those are the following options None PCI Slot NIC DockII PortII NIC CardBus NIC Diskette Drive Internal HDD CD DVD CD-RW Drive Modular Bay HDD I have put all three option on the CD DVD CD-RW Drive and then hit esc It asks me if I want to save the new settings and I click yes I then get a blank screen that says quot No bootable device s selected strike Laptop and Bios help F to retry boot F for setup utility I have also rebooted and get the same screen What can I do to completely erase the hard drive and then reinstall Windows I have the Windows Laptop and Bios help cd so that is not a problem I simply want to start fresh Thanks for the help Griz nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

hi

if i have a password on my laptop

on the BIOS

how can i remove it

without taking out the battrey

A:If i have PWD on my BIOS >>> Laptop

If you know what the password is you can do this by using the BIOS security settings - enter the existing password and then replace with nothing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/if-i-have-pwd-on-my-bios-laptop.90814/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I need help I have a dell c600 laptop every time I start or restart the laptop screen comes up asking for the password which I got from dell and when I enter that every thing start up ok but the problem is as soon as I reboot that screen comes up again and I have to put in the password so I can acases window again is anything I can do in the bios to stop that happning every time i start up thanks.

A:Laptop BIOS

Yes just simply get into the bios and look for passwords page. Make sure all passwords are disabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-bios.169964/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a new W8 laptop and have acquired Windows 8.1 RTM. The install, unlike the W8 install, prompts me for a key. When I installed W8, the installer simply picked up the key stored in the BIOS, as there was no prompt.

Now, however, in 8.1, there is a prompt, and of course I have no way of obtaining the actual key in the BIOS. Is there a way to either force it to pick the key somehow, or is the true way to read the encrypted key in the BIOS so as to enter that at the prompt?

A:Why is 8.1 asking for a key on my laptop with BIOS key?

You need a Windows 8.1 product key to install from the Windows 8.1 DVD.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/31116-why-8-1-asking-key-my-laptop-bios-key.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have two laptops that I both can not get too the BIOS Setup screen. Both of these do not have a manual.

One is an IBM ThinkPad and the other is a Toshiba.

A:How do I get to BIOS with a laptop

try one of these

esc

ctrl-esc

ctrl-alt-esc

f10

f12
(or other function keys)
del

f1

tab

spacebar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-to-bios-with-a-laptop.60004/
Relevancy 37.84%

I downloaded a BIOS update from hp.com for my Compaq Presario 2500.. followed the instructions perfectly ie close all programs dont interrupt.. It started. It checked the current bios was upgradable to the bios is wanted to flash it to. Then it said I think "Flashing BIOS block 1 of 8.." and a progress bar started, and a second later the computer turned off. Funnily enough, now it won't turn on.

Any suggestions? Unfortunately its second hand, so I'm unable to resort to warranty, guarantee or consumer support.

Relevancy 37.84%

Why won't this laptop let me into cmos. The laptop is a Toshiba T4500C. An error message comes up after powerup.
"Error in CMOS Bad Time Function"
"Check system. Then press (F1) key"
But when I press F1 or any other key nothing happens. Tried several other common key strokes on powerup, but always get the same messages and cannot get into CMOS. I would appreciate some help please.
Thanks
shoota

Relevancy 37.41%

I know a decent amount of stuff when it comes to computers but this one has me stumped and there's no information online about it either I'll try anything you want me to if you can try and help me out I work on computers for friends and family usually viruses and stuff A friend gave me this 'Compaq b' laptop with a Odd screen, in bios!? brand new harddrive and asked me to install windows for him I installed windows but when I began doing Odd screen, in bios!? windows updates I got a white screen which locks up the computer and it tells me to ship it to some random address Naturally I thought it was a virus although I haven't even installed anything yet I reinstalled windows and again it came up I then installed windows thinking maybe it wouldn't effect win but again it came up I flashed bios with the newest version as well as reset bios settings from bios and pulling the bios battery and STILL this white screen comes up I googled it and only one mention of it exists but isn't helpful I've opened the harddrive with my other computer and checked autoruns but there's nothing set to startup with the computer other then the touchpad Do you have any ideas of what I can run on this harddrive to figure out what is causing the white screen and block it Any idea how the white screen could survive a new harddrive and new bios Also I'd like to note I don't think the computer is actually locking up this screen is 'blocking' my actions I've been able to open and have the command prompt open white the white screen is up before and I could see my mouse being pulled on the right side of the screen It eventually pushed the command prompt behind it as well though

Relevancy 37.41%

Hey This is my first build and I ve connected everything and get to the BIOS screen Then it shuts off Then it goes on again and shuts off at the same place And so on all the I way screen... got the to BIOS I ve double-checked all cables I got all the way to the BIOS screen... and the RAMs sit tight the graphics card is a little loose but the peg snapped so it should be all right and everything seems fine To me at least Specs PSU Corsair AX CPU Intel core i K RAM x GB MHz Corsair Vengeance HDD Hitachi K Sata Gb s rpm SSD Intel SSD Sata Gb s VIDEO CARD Gigabyte Ti MOTHERBOARD GA-Z X-UD -B COOLER Cooler Master V CASE Silverstone quot Raven quot RV OPTICAL DRIVE Samsung SH-b l I mention most of them in the video English version more details full HD http www youtube com watch v ELu MBVqxVU I demonstrate the problem in the end All standoffs are in and the motherboard is screwed onto them and I have checked all connections once again Another thing I forgot to mention is that the graphics card is connected to the current through an ATX-Express cable directly to the power supply which has pins I think at the end to the power supply and in the other However they are divided into and so I joined and to the graphics card so that the two -pin connectors are left hanging which I hope is correct Unfortunately you can t really see the cables on the back in the video but I have put them so that I have a Molex-chain with all three case-fans into one contact using a hub that I got all the way to the BIOS screen... came with the case and a contact to front-LED Another similar Molex-chaining without a single connection except for the SSD and two long SATA-chains solely dedicated to one device each Blu-ray player and HDD This is what is says when it shuts down quot There are SATA G hard drives installed Enable XHD for these drives will gain more hard drive performance ------------------------------------------- Allow XHD to automatically configure XHD for you Y Yes Please enable XHD for me N No Thanks and do not show this message again Any key Continue Select option lt DEL gt BIOS Setup lt F gt XpressRecovery lt F gt Boot menu lt End gt Qflash quot THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I went into BIOS and started making some ill-advised tweaks under video configuration and finally enabled some quot PCI test quot I screen No BIOS can t really remeber the name of the test but i enabled it LOL I saved the settings and computer automatically has a blank screen I restart and the computer powers up fans running but no screen where it gives you the option of going into BIOS its just a blank screen with a No BIOS screen running computer I tried resetting the CMOS by taking the motherboard battery our for about minutes still nothing The worst part is the fact I did this so I can improve my intel integrated graphics just so I can play counter-strike and now the No BIOS screen computer won t even start and I have all my schoolwork on there I also tried calling gateway hands down the worst support I have ever called for any company I know this is my fault but it s safe to say I ve learned my lesson nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bios-screen.136613/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have Win XP media center with ATI Radeonx300/x500/x1050 video card. When I go to the BIOS by pressing F2 , the resolution is 800x600. This makes the screen blurry. The resolution will go to 640x480 in safe mode. How do I make the screen go to 640x480 in BIOS mode?

J N

A:Bios Screen

The BIOS is independent of the operating system. I'm not sure if there is a way. Try poking around in there and see what you find
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118102/bios-screen/
Relevancy 37.41%

My son tried to install drivers and a new USB mouse.
Immediately a message "something about a conflict" popped up and the keyboard became unresponsive.
He tried rebooting, still keystrokes have no effect--so he can't log in to remove or reset the driver.
F2 during startup doesn't take you to a BIOS screen, instead, it brings up "Windows Boot Manager"
(We own 2 of the same model computer and F2 is the proper key for BIOS)
F10 works normally
Keyboard uses serial port.
Would removing and reinstalling the CMOS battery be of any use?
Please help.

A:F2 = no BIOS screen

Believing that people who post questions on the internet should be courteous enough to post solutions or workarounds, when found, here it is:
I bought a USB keyboard and both it and F2 now work.
Problem is apparently either the serial port itself or the serial keyboard driver--probably the latter.
I had tried 2 different keyboards earlier but both of those had been serial.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/f2-no-bios-screen.182250/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello all. My computer is running Win XP SP1. I would like to speed up my boot time by reducing the length of time the initial BIOS screen is seen. My BIOS screen stays on for about 30 seconds or so. I would like to reduce it to about 10 seconds. That would still give me ample time to enter the BIOS setup screen by hitting F2 if need be. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 37.41%

hello a friend has an ibm think pad laptop and every time he shuts down and powers off
when he switches back on all they get is the bios screen and i have to put the time and date in then the pc powers as normal untill its shut down again and then the same thing happens again
its running on windows xp
thanks guys
havago

Relevancy 37.41%

Trying to goet to the BIOS screen. At boot up pressing F10 or ESC then F10 gets me to HP Setup Utility from which I cannot access the BIOS directly. I need to make adjustments not listed in the limited choices offered by the Utility. How can I get to the BIOS?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/BIOS-screen/td-p/5622106
Relevancy 37.41%

hello
my laptop recently had problems. it got stuck on boot manager screen which got fixed itself but then it stopped displaying any thing on screen. i am able to view it in tv via hdmi. it dose not show the boot screen on tv and shows when its on windows start screen. what i want to do is get in to bios and run hp hardware diagnostic tool. so is there a way to do it from desktop with some command? some devices in the device manager show not working properly and i want to find out if no display is caused by that? also few keys on key board are not working. if not sorted is it possible to do a clean win 7 install in this situation?

Relevancy 37.41%

I just recently moved from NJ to AZ, and after the move, my main desktop computer will not go beyond the "INTEL" bios screen on startup.

I don 't have an emergency startup disc, and even if I did, it's lost in about 300 unopened boxes.

Can anyone help me get past this obsticale?

Much appreciated,

CP

A:BIOS Screen Only

Sounds like it's not completing POST. (Power On Self-Test).
Often with the Intel bios, you can hit a key to remove the splash screen, then it may give you more info. You may be able to see which part of the POST it's halting at.
But I'd be suspecting a ram chip slightly unseated, or something, in the move. It sounds like it's not even completing the Mainboard self-test before looking for the OS on the hard drive.
Clearing Cmos might even fix it. Do we know which Intel Mobo?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bios-screen-only-24356.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 37.41%

Laptop is Acer Aspire 5742, It keeps rebooting and shows on screen F2 to enter BIOS but even after clicking the F2 nothing happens and keeps rebooting again repeatedly.
I tried with a Windows disk but seems first boot priority is Hard disk and cannot change that since I cannot get into bios.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

My appreciations!.

Relevancy 37.41%

In the advanced option I got no BIOS options there. How do I find it or I missed something?

A:My laptop got no Bios option.

Welcome to Eight Forums.

UEFI Firmware Settings - Boot to from inside Windows 8

and

Windows 8 - Access to Uefi Firmware Settings - From Change PC Settings - YouTube

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21799-my-laptop-got-no-bios-option.html
Relevancy 37.41%

how to go to BIOS of my accer laptop?

A:how to go to BIOS of my accer laptop?

Hello, Start up your laptopPress [F2] as soon as you'll see the Acer logo (sometimes you'll need to press this key several times)

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/how-to-go-to-BIOS-of-my-accer-laptop/td-p/463478
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,
I was going through the bios of my sony pcg-f630 laptop..and had some questions on what should be enabled or disabled:

1)under the HDD settings in bios i saw "32 bit I/o: [disabled]".....is this good or should it be enabled?

2) under audio i saw "onboard legacy audio: [disabled]....should this be enabled.......seeing how its a laptop?

A:laptop bios questions

Hi, What operating system are you using with the Sony?

Is any sound working at all?

Do you have the manual for the system, that might show what the settings should be for the BIOS? Some systems may have software loaded that contains a manual, of course the support site online would have that, too. Most of them will detail the BIOS settings and explain the settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-bios-questions.127535/
Relevancy 37.41%

sir the problem i m facing is that previously i used to use ubuntu 15.05 but then it caused a problem of "low graphics" which lead me to install windows ultimate but it never goes to bios ter pressing "f2" so i pressed "f12" to go to the multiboot option and pressed boot from usb drive and it started to boot but it does not install well so started to install windows xp and it installed perfectly but i am still not able to enter into the bios pressing "f2" and its showing dhcp//// i.e. its booting from network how can i solve this sir? thanks in advance

A:problem in going into bios of my laptop

I would suggest defaulting the BIOS by removing battery and AC power then holding down the power button for more than 30 seconds. Once completed, reinstall battery and connect AC power then use OKR (One Key Recovery) button next to the power button to start the Lenovo notebook. Here you can choose to enter the Bios. When you are in BIOS / UEFI check your boot process and disable Secure Boot. Go to the Boot tab, select UEFI bios and change it to Legacy. Save and Exit. Boot from the Windows install media, choose your Language, do Custom Install, when it asks where to install Windows choose Drive Options and delete all partitions on the drive and go next. Windows will create the partitions and format them during the install.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-...m/td-p/1232691

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-in-going-into-bios-of-my-laptop-1121834.html