Windows Support Forum

HP X181 continuous startup at BIOS

Q: HP X181 continuous startup at BIOS

hp x181 continuous restart after bios. ran primary and secondary harddrive test and tested memory. (all passed) i can load bios and run diagnostic test but when i leave bios it just restarts. have anyone heard of this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP X181 continuous startup at BIOS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP X181 continuous startup at BIOS

Can you perform a "Factory Restore"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-x181-continuous-startup-at-bios.179185/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and in need of help from the experts I am more knowledgeable than the average user however this problem has restarts screen Continuous bios after me completely stumped The problem came about one day when I was simply browsing the internet and my computer rebooted itself Upon trying to restart the computer would post then the bios screen comes up then right after that a black screen that says loading operating system comes up This is where the computer hangs up the screen goes completely black stays Continuous restarts after bios screen there for about seconds and then Continuous restarts after bios screen automatically restarts itself No error messages or anything I had originally thought that this was some sort of virus because due to some google searching that was one of the top results However I Continuous restarts after bios screen am now leaning towards some sort of hardware problem and I dont know where to start One thing I did try to do was put the windows CD in and reformat the machine assuming it was a virus and the computer wont let me boot to a CD Next I assumed that the CD drive might be bad for some reason so I tried to use a flash drive that had windows loaded on it and it wouldnt let me boot to the usb flash drive either I have tried to change the boot order on both attempts and either put the CD rom or USB drive first but nothing seems to work It just skips to the black screen that says loading operating system and then reboots itself If it helps at all the specs for my rig are Intel k processor ATI Radeon HD GPU Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD -B Z Mother Board Samsun TB HD LG CD Rom DVD burner Thanks for any help you can provide

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/continuous-restarts-after-bios-screen-612384.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone Here is my situation I got a new computer custom build And everything is fine apart from issues In some games my PC start releasing really annoying endless beep sound from it s system block not speakers Interesting moments It only happens in some games From those I tested it s Crysis Sniper Elite V and sometimes Mount and Blade Warband sometimes means that there are days when I can play it for hours without beeping other days it starts beeping after different amount of time What s interesting it seem to be independent from game s quot heaviness quot - it runs Napoleon - TW Mafia Metro DX on Continuous BIOS in-game never ( ) beeping ending 1 highest settings possible without single beep Beeping stops like seconds after I minimize game saying a little bit ahead - I have temperature registering programs running at the same Continuous ( 1 never ending ) BIOS beeping in-game time Video card - Asus Smart Doctor CPU - Core Remp so I can notice that beeping ends BEFORE temperature starts dropping Beeping is NEVER followed by graphical artifacts stuttering lag Game continues to run perfectly fine and smooth Beeping NEVER leads to crash You can play all day if you don t mind that annoying sound Beeping NEVER happens outside games There is only beep on startup afaik it says that my hardware passed POST check or smth Reasons I was able to lurk up beep codes Overheating I suppose it s wrong coz I was watching my temperatures closely and had following on non-beeping games Video card Ge Force GTX - max ever seen is C with fan speed at auto No beeping CPU - max is - C No beeping Games that cause beeping at example Continuous ( 1 never ending ) BIOS beeping in-game - Sniper Elite V beeps at Video card T - C and CPU Continuous ( 1 never ending ) BIOS beeping in-game T - C seen C once And more thing - I was there when thermal paste was applied there s enough of this thing Power supply failure My PSU is Cooler Master W Silent Pro Gold N RS- - GA-D I will give you my specs at the end of the post would be cool if you analyze it but as I see it power supply is cool System memory error Really unsure about it As you will see from my specs I have gb installed x gb My OS quot sees quot them all in my System panel short beep on startup shows that hardware is fine is fine About virtual memory - set it manually so that there is more than it s quot recommended quot I could run memtest is you say it would be necessary My specs Operating System MS Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Core i Cores Threads Name Intel Core i Code Name Sandy Bridge Package Socket LGA Technology nm Specification Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Family Extended Family Model A Extended Model A Stepping Revision D Instructions MMX SSE SSE SSE SSSE SSE SSE Intel Virtualization Supported Disabled Hyperthreading Supported Enabled Bus Speed MHz Stock Core Speed MHz Stock Bus Speed MHz RAM Memory slots Total memory slots Used memory slots Free memory slots Memory Type DDR Size MBytes Channels Dual DRAM Frequency MHz CAS Latency CL clocks RAS to CAS Delay tRCD clocks RAS Precharge tRP clocks Cycle Time tRAS clocks Command Rate CR T Physical Memory Memory Usage Total Physical GB Available Physical GB Total Virtual GB Available Virtual GB SPD Number Of SPD Modules Motherboard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC Model SABERTOOTH Z LGA Version System Version Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model Sandy Bridge Chipset Revision Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model ID E Southbridge Revision System Temperature C BIOS Brand American Megatrends Inc Version Date Voltage CPU CORE V MEMORY CONTROLLER V V V V V V V VIN V PCI Data Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage Available Bus Width bit Slot Designation PCIEX Slot Number Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage In Use Bus Width bit Slot Designation PCIEX Slot Number Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage Available Bus Width bit Slot Designation PCIEX Slot Number Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage Available Bus Width bit Slot Designation PCI... Read more

A:Continuous ( 1 never ending ) BIOS beeping in-game

Check the CPU temp warning setting in the BIOS, the alert may just be set too low and certain games set it off. If thats the case then increase the alert to a higher value as your temps are fine.

Also make sure that both power supply connectors, 6 and 8 pin, are properly connected to the video card and not coming off a splitter but each cable comes directly from the power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continuous-1-never-ending-bios-beeping-in-game.1053039/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys i was trying to surf the net about mins ago on my computer when all of a sudden the power just turned right off i initially thought black out but none of the other computers crashed And then my computer tried to restart and it seemed like the power kept on cutting on and off so i turned the PSU off at the back waited turned back on and restarted and i just get the continuous beeps and the screen flashes a message saying i havent plugged in the power on my AGP But there is lights on the AGP bios crash, beep Random continuous and everything else starts running The fan on the graphics card runs and everything I unplugged every cable from the PSU and reconnected the AGP is still snug in its slot Computer is about - months old all parts purchased separately and i installed there has not been any problems until now Antec sonata smartpower PSU W which has only PCIe power cable Gigabyte GA- P-DS mobo Gecube XTXD-VIE mb radeon PCIe Intel Core DUO E GHz MHz FSB MB L cache GB Western Digital HDD SATA rpm GB GSkill x GB DDR - - - F - PHU - GBHZ Benq inch monitor Samsung xDVD DL oem Optical drive Nortons Internet Secruity updated when it booted bout mins before the crash Any more info you Random crash, bios continuous beep want i am more than willing to provide Thank you in advanced Tom nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

A couple of Continuous Beep startup on days ago my installation of Vista started to go nuclear e g Windows Explorer crash every seconds total freeze Continuous Beep on startup up and then BScOD Obviously it was time to resinstall windows But when I went to boot from the installation disk it was hanging and giving problems After a few reboot i get to where I am now On startup I get a constant series of beeps I ve done some reading on the net and found this is a BIOS warning for the hardware and I m sure im on an AWARD BIOS So the beeps are most likely the memory or the CPU We ll I know for a start its not the memory as I had some spare stick lying around so after changing them over it still didn t change After looking round the house I discovered an older machine I had with the same socket and spec processor although this system stopped working with no indication why I swapped the CPUs over and the problem continues but the CPU may or may not be working Someone told me it could be a loose gfx card so I ve refitted that and still nothing So I m out of ideas can anyone help me nbsp

A:Continuous Beep on startup

While I seriously doubt that you have a defective processor, define "same socket and spec processor". What was the EXACT memory that was installed, and what was the EXACT memory you installed to check the memory?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continuous-beep-on-startup.783770/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am having a problem wit one of my comps. Its a PC (Compaq) desktop, that was originally running ME but we then downloaded XP onto it bout 2-3 years ago. Anyways when we start up the computer it loads up to the xp loading window then blue screen flashes for a split second. then it restarts over and over again. This goes on forever. I tried shutting it down right after the XP loading window and used the safe mode but same thing happens can someone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continuous-restart-upon-startup.789779/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hoping someone can help me escape this reboot loop Upon turning on my PC the I get Loop Continuous Startup as far as the Windows icon showing the system booting up Continuous Startup Loop then an hour glass then back to a black screen as the computer automatically reboots and begins the cycle again I ve done some research online and found others have worked on this problem with check disk commands and safe mode start ups The problem is even when started in safe mode it reboots I am not able to get to a command Continuous Startup Loop prompt at this point to try anything The machine is an HP Continuous Startup Loop pavillion n running windows XP XP came installed when this desktop was purchased new years ago This particular computer is not even used to access the internet so I have a hard time believing its virus related I ve checked that the power supply is secure and the fan seems to be operating as usual The only change I made to any software or systems today was to add several legitimate fonts to the control panel Any ideas Even a suggestion on getting a command prompt would be progress at this point Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Had problems with my Acer Aspire 8943g yesterday so ended up restoring windows 7 to factory settings. All seemed fine. It started installing all the acer stuff that goes on the first time you use the computer. I turned it off for the night, went to work and I've come back home and turned it on and it's on an infinite loop. The splash screen comes up, disappears with a blinking _ at the top left for about a second, then it goes black for another second then back to the splash screen and so fourth. What the hell??? (Also safe mode is not possible to enter. F8 does nothing. Only F2 and F12.

Relevancy 53.32%

switch the power on and nothing happens except for a continuous beeping. any ideas?
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 98 Second Edition (H3660) [WIN98SE]

MOTHERBOARD: RM Aopen MX36LE MicroATX VIA Apollo PLE133 Chipset [MX36LE]

CPU: Celeron 800MHz KNI (100MHz Front Side Bus)

RAM: 64MB (SDRAM) (upgraded to 256mb)

VIDEO: VGA Integrated Via VT8601 [_ATRI2D]
SOUND: Integrated AC97 Audio (AD1885 CODEC) [0AVIAC97]

Relevancy 52.89%

what is the cause of continuous beep at startup of my laptop

A:what is the cause of continuous beep at startup of my laptop

Detex said:what is the cause of continuous beep at startup of my laptop

It mean something is not working correctly

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3129926/continuous-beep-startup-laptop.html
Relevancy 52.89%

First my laptop stops booting while checking the hardware with continuous short beeps The beeps will be gone when pressing the quot delete quot button several times Then it brings up the Boot Menu prompting to select IDE DVD drive or IDE Harddisk After the selection i can get into window but all the applications don t seem to respond properly When i select any of these during Continuous shor beeps startup applications it will appear for less than a second then disappear For example when i select Control Panel it brings up the Control Panel but when i select the Display within the Control Panel window the Display window will appear and disappear within a second Same thing happens when i use mouse to select the Start button the start menu disappears Continuous shor beeps during startup withing a second This symptom applies to all app on my Laptop Before this happened there were no software of hardware recently installed I m running on Window XP Vaio VGN-FE GP Any help would be much appreciated Cheers nbsp

A:Continuous shor beeps during startup

Continuous beeping could be a number of things...

But I would be leaning towards a Power Supply Issue or a Memory Issue/Video Card Memory as well.

Laptops are difficult at best to work on........Can you get inside it......?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continuous-shor-beeps-during-startup.562257/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I am a new person on these forums but a long-time ametuer tinkerer of computers And I have this problem that I cannot figure out and so am hoping some of you experienced gurus can help me out My old gaming computer crapped out on me so I thought this would be a good opportunity to upgrade I obtained the following components Motherboard MSI K N SLI Platinum CPU on Continuous Beeps Short Startup AMD Phenom X RAM GB PC DDR VIDEO BFG nVidia GeForce GTX PSU Continuous Short Beeps on Startup RAIDMAX W HDD Western Digital GB SATA Existing items from previous computer SOUND Create Labs X-Fi Platinum When I booted the system for the first time to install an OS there was a continuous serious of Continuous Short Beeps on Startup short beeps But the system installed Windows Beta fine but slow I had some problems with Continuous Short Beeps on Startup the system freezing a few times and I still get the beeping on startup so now I am installing Windows XP to see if that solves the speed issues But I am still getting a continuous series of short beeps every time I boot It should be noted that the beeping stops once Windows begins startup Does anyone have any ideas what is going on Thanks

A:Continuous Short Beeps on Startup

Are these BIOS beeps ? Check here for beep codes:

http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/index.htm

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/continuous-short-beeps-on-startup-360053.html
Relevancy 52.46%

After a Windows 7 update today my computer turns on, goes past the welcome screen, then shows up with an error reading "AHCI BIOS not installed" and something about clicking on CTRL+S to enter setup and then restarts. This keeps on going continuously until I shut it down. I've read suggestions on forums to run chkdsk but I can't get as far as the Advanced Boot Menu; I can get to the setup and regular boot menu and when I boot from my hard drive the computer restarts.

Any suggestions?

I partitioned my hard drive a week ago and installed Ubuntu on it. However, I think the error is due to my update today.

A:AHCI BIOS not installed & Continuous restart loop - Windows 7

AHCI is an advanced controller interface for sata drives and it
is usually a setting for the raid controller.
If you are not using it,might want to disable it in the bios setup.
If you are using it,I can try to find the registry hack that enables
it in windows without reinstalling,but you still need to see if you
can disable it and get into windows first.
Set it to sata or ide,whichever is available.
Not raid or ahci.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ahci-bios-not-installed-continuous-restart-loop-windows-7.946465/
Relevancy 52.46%

Ive been having this problem around a week after i built my PC its a weird BSOD windows BSOD startup continuous on 64bit as continuous BSOD on windows 64bit startup it only happens first thing in the morning continuous BSOD on windows 64bit startup when i turn it on i get continuous rolls of BSOD's slightly continuous BSOD on windows 64bit startup after the windows start log appears to stop the BSOD from happening i physically have to turn off the pc and turn it on again which works but is very much a nuscence and i have found that as the days go by the BSOD's get more troublesome to the point i had to format my HDD and reinstall windows but this never worked Firstly i thought it might be my graphics card ATI so after i reinstalled Windows i used my mates graphics card Nvidia GT but the same BSOD appears every morning my guess it might be corrupt drivers or windows updates ruining or corrupting something I have tried the following Formating HDD Reinstalling Windows Replacing Graphics cards Re-Downloading different compatible versions of the Graphics card drivers and now after all this im very sure its not my graphics card but something else Maybe the RAM or HDD not to sure One problem is i cant make the BSOD appear if i do a certain thing even if i restart my pc a million times as it only happens in the mornings i find or probably if the pc has been off for a substantial amount of time odd i know lol I got some Minidumps of BSOD info might help alot ty to those that help

A:continuous BSOD on windows 64bit startup

OS Windows 7 64bit Home edition
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.79GHz
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H55-UD3H
Memory 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
Graphics Card(s) Inno3D Nvidia 8600 GT Hard Drives Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Cache
PSU OCZ GameXStream 850W PSUIF this helps any too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125763-continuous-bsod-windows-64bit-startup.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Acer TravelMate Alright so I turn on my laptop and the Acer logo comes on with the Beeps On Xp - Startup Continuous Home Windows blue bar at the bottom to show that the startup is progressing Only it gets to about maybe and stops The bar doesn t continue until I press some keys then jaggedly it moves along and completes At this point the laptop beeps I ve been told that s the Bios check Continuous Beeps On Startup - Windows Xp Home confirming that everything should be alright The screen changes to black sometimes with a cursor blinking in the corner The beep it sounds like the same beep from the Bios check continues over and over Short beeps but fast maybe two per second approx To get it to stop I press a lot more keys The Windows XP logo comes on and startup continues regularly When I get to my desktop I try to open the Start menu or open a program on my desktop The logo lights up but nothing happens I right click the desktop and the right-click menu pops up the one with arrange icons by and ends with properties As if I m scrolling really quickly down the list each word lights us over and over and over really fast To get it to stop I press escape then everything begins to work properly and I can carry on with opening programs pages etc Then suddenly in the window I have open either application or internet the scroll bar will start to slide down and down not stopping no matter what until it hits the bottom When I try to bring it back up as soon as I release the mouse it slides down again like a dead weight I right click the screen and the right-click menu is doing that really fast scrolling again I click escape and everything goes back to normal except that sometimes even while typing this the computer seems to freeze When I right click the screen - you guessed it - the right-click menu is scrolling again What I ve Been Told and What I ve Done- I didn t know about the Bios check until I went online and did a search Apparently the beeps and the type of beeps means something If I can figure out the beeps I might know what failed in the system check I ve searched I can t find any information or similar advice that sounds like my beeps - Afraid it might be a virus of some sort I tried restoring to earlier points but they started to disappear or a message would show up that No changes have been made and it can t be restored to that point Soon I only had one point left and it was maybe a day old - I used the system recovery and recovered the laptop to the factory default So it s empty now except for the recycle bin etc and the problem is still there - Someone mentioned that beeps have to do with the RAM or maybe a driver so I switched the Ram around and nothing happens Can someone please help If this is in the wrong section feel free to move it Thank you

A:Continuous Beeps On Startup - Windows Xp Home

I switched the Ram aroundTry one module at a time. Do you have a serial number on the bottom of the laptop? Can you post it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165571/continuous-beeps-on-startup-windows-xp-home/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been unable to boot my computer, as I get the lsass.exe updating password error and it shuts down and reboots continuous. I have been able to get PE builder to get into the command prompt with no success in fixing. The Windows XP repair prompt will not let me past the admin password, as it no longer works. THanks in advance!

A:lsass.exe error on startup, loops continuous

MS reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476885/lsassexe-error-on-startup-loops-continuous/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hoping someone can pin point what I have missed in my attempts at fixing my brothers laptop.Laptop spec is Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5635 with Windows VISTA 32 bitWhen switched on it continually goes into the startup repair window but is unable to fix the issue and reboots. I do not have the VISTA image but have copied a recovery disk but am not able to make it bootable.What have I attempted so far?I have removed the HDD and virus scanned via another computer - found 6 virus and killed 5 (I suspect virus on MBR?)I can access safe mode and tried all options to no avail - eventually goes into its startup repair loop processI have used chkdsk but reports no errors..................To summariseI have copied a VISTA image from the intenet (had to pay around ?6) and copied that onto my CD but was unable to make it bootable.Someone please with ideas.

A:VISTA Startup Repair continuous loop

Start your computer and start pressing F8 about once a second until you get to a menu.Select the option to Disable Automatic Restart .. its near the bottom of the list.Write down any relevant information, including stop codes ie (0x0003)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452075/vista-startup-repair-continuous-loop/
Relevancy 52.46%

Ive had this computer for a while now, (since 2009) and it has been very good. the only problem ive had was that one of the video cards died. that was fine. The PC was working fine last night, wake up to find the screen was black. but the monitor was still receiving a signal. i guess the signal WAS black. but i restarted the computer, and come to find intermittent beeps, coming from the motherboard. it sounded like RAM issue, so i cleaned the contacts and put them back in, but no luck. after taking the ram out, (just to see if it would make the same sound without the RAM) it made a quicker beeping sound than before. i think its bad RAM, i just want to be sure. can someone help?

A:.Continuous Beeping Sounds On startup. XPS 630i

Beep Codes and PSA Diagnostic Chart - Desktop Wiki - Desktop - Dell Community

Look at the beep codes chart and try to closely match the number of beeps...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339519-continuous-beeping-sounds-startup-xps-630i.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an HP Pavilion dv - dx running windows service pack Home Premium bit i - m GHz GB Ram My issue is that the computer has suddenly started beeping continuously while it boots Boot time is also very long startup HP Pavilion continuous beeping dv7-6135dx during much longer than usual HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx continuous beeping during startup It drives me crazy almost when it starts up HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx continuous beeping during startup that beeping is horrible and non-stop The machine has also been running hot when it's doing nothing at all program-wise as in when I first boot it up and let it sit there it almost burns me to have it in my lap Another issue that only happened once and was fixed with a restart the mouse quit responding and whatever webpage I was on would scroll to the bottom and stay there despite efforts to scroll back up I'm going to college this summer and taking two internet courses on top of two paper-heavy lecture courses I need this laptop in running condition for those school needs Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated Thank you in advance

A:HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx continuous beeping during startup

The beeping usually signals a hardware issue. you may have to open it up and renew the thermal paste on the CPU and Graphics chips to assist in temperature control, also try removing one of the Ram sticks to see if that helps. The long boot time could also be a signal the hard drive is about to fail. You will have to run some diagnostics on the drive, and ram.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-dv7-6135dx-continuous-beeping-during-startup-844162.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay so my desktop computer PC about years old has been having this issue Almost every time when i turn it on it crashes I turn it on and log in then after i m logged in and things are loading about to minutes later the screen goes black and the computer becomes unresponsive and makes a continuous BEEPING sound Then i have no choice but to beeping. crashes STARTUP, at continuous Computer reboot it Sometimes it crashes with a blue screen but most of the time its the black screen it goes Computer crashes at STARTUP, continuous beeping. black because the computer is no longer giving a signal to the monitor and the beeping sound THIS ONLY HAPPENS AT STARTUP Within the first to minutes that the computer is on It NEVER happens at any other time If it makes it through the first minutes of being on then there is a chance of a crash later on I m actually using the computer right now It crashed this morning when i turned it on I Computer crashes at STARTUP, continuous beeping. had to reboot it and the second time around i got it to stay on Its been Computer crashes at STARTUP, continuous beeping. on all day and hasn t had any other problem This whole thing started happening around May I ve tried to deal with it and just not go on it as much since i have my laptop but lately the crashing at startup seems to be becoming more frequent I ran a million virus scans and they found nothing I thought it might be caused by a program or something so i m running it on a quot selective startup quot where i m not loading any programs or services at startup except things required to make the internet work But the problem still happens nbsp

A:Computer crashes at STARTUP, continuous beeping.

Sounds like it may be a hardware issue.

Try changing out the power supply first, with another one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashes-at-startup-continuous-beeping.1025634/
Relevancy 52.46%

So I have this HP Pavilion thats not mine, but I'm trying to fix it for a friend. It doesn't power on. I just gives one long beep, and pauses and beeps again ... and continues to do so. According to the HP website 1 beep means "The memory refresh circuitry on the baseboard is faulty". Can anyone confirm or deny this? If this is correct ... new motherboard? Any help soon would be much appreciated.

A:HP Pavilion 734n Continuous beep, no startup

Take out the memory and see if the beep code changes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-734n-continuous-beep-no-startup.447180/
Relevancy 52.03%

My "new" computer started singing to me yesterday when starting up.  It sings a continuous beeping of many short beeps that almost sound like one long continuous beep interrupted by clicking.  It stops as soon as Windows starts up.  Then, almost always on the first start up, I get crazy stuff happening, such as clicking on a shortcut icon and while the program is starting Windows wants me to confirm I want to delete the shortcut.  Or being unable to find any plug and play camera such as my iPad.  Sometimes it takes one or two reboots to get things working fairly normally again, but that Carol of the Beeps is every time I start up.

This is a Dell Optiplex GX620 running Windows XP.

As much as I love to hear pretty music, this little refrain sounds scary to me.

A:One Note Christmas Carol? (continuous beeping on startup)

Dell has some lights on the back. Labeled A-D. what color are the lights

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517170/one-note-christmas-carol-continuous-beeping-on-startup/
Relevancy 52.03%

i have HP Compaq pro 6300 sff, it refuse to boot, i keep getting 4 continuous beep and it blinking red. Please what could have happen and how can i resolve it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/System-wont-startup-with-continuous-4-beep-and-blinking-red/td-p/5640833
Relevancy 52.03%

As I suspected a registry fault was the cause of a continuous loop in Startup Repair I carried out the Registry Repair described fault a loop in cause Is the continuous Repair? Startup registry of in Startup Repair Infinite Loop Is registry fault the cause of a continuous loop in Startup Repair? Recovery Although Windows no longer loops it now hangs at the startup screen The contents of config regback and the recently created mybackup are as follows - config The files copied from regback and now in the config directory are all dated today s date DEFAULT SAM and SECURITY files should each be about bytes in size SOFTWARE file should be about bytes SYSTEM file should be about bytes regback These were copied to config and are the same files mybackup These were previously in config prior to Is registry fault the cause of a continuous loop in Startup Repair? trying to making changes DEFAULT SAM and SECURITY files These are all dated which is between the date of initial failure and today SOFTWARE file dated today s date SYSTEM file dated today s date Can anyone give suggestions form a possible solution Thanks Dave

A:Is registry fault the cause of a continuous loop in Startup Repair?

Hello and welcome Dave sorry for the wait mate but have a look at this as the author is one of the best
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/219533-troubleshooting-windows-7-failure-boot.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/375718-registry-fault-cause-continuous-loop-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I downloaded Tuneup and agreed to a few recommendations Windows Vista bit The next time my computer came up it was performing a disk check sum before rebooting Okay it took forever but if did not stop it The comp came up and it worked okay This morning when I booted up my computer it goes to the setup menu with ith startup reboot Tune-up Solved: Continuous after 2014 at using options so I first start With normal reboot then last known good configuration then safe mode then everything else Nothing works It just gets stuck There was a blue screen briefly that said windows has been shutdown to prevent damage Please try again I cannot get Vista to come up no matter what It is just in Solved: Continuous reboot at startup after using Tune-up 2014 a continuous loop I finally managed to get the windows orig disk to boot up and I Solved: Continuous reboot at startup after using Tune-up 2014 choose repair waited and no change Solved: Continuous reboot at startup after using Tune-up 2014 I tried moving to Linux Hard Drive and it worked great moved it to another Hard drive Vista and getting same message so I am back to square one Any help Nothing works It just will not boot up now Need help Thanks Buzzy nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

First off hello I'm not completely sure where I'm suppose to place this particular article but I'm assuming posting it into the threads might be good enough I've owned an ASUS laptop model X C for a year and it's currently running on windows Yesterday I spent the entire day working on assignments and skyping friends I've recently completed three assignments but stupidly I didn't save it to a USB key figures the one time I didn't my laptop breaks down When I turned it on this morning to retrieve the stuck is a startup continuous in repair. Windows loop: 7 files it booted Windows 7 is stuck in a continuous loop: startup repair. up then went to this screen startup repair As you can imagine I sent the information then shut down the laptop and restarted it I attempted going through the safe mode by pressing f Although the options all came up on the screen when I pressed onto safemode it brought me back to the blue screen and the pop up After searching around for a little bit I quickly found that other people had this problem At this point I've spent three hours going through different solutions So I'm not suggested the same solutions I've already tried here is a list of what I've already tried Disabling the system repair Command Prompt Waiting for extended periods of time to attempt reboot and log on Safe mode This tutorial As I have assignments on my laptop and plenty of photos I need to keep my files on and not restore my laptop to original settings or anything of the sort Until I have a solution I'm staying at home to restart all of my assignments -- If anybody can offer any sort of advice it would be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:Windows 7 is stuck in a continuous loop: startup repair.

Now first thing is dont panic, as long as your HDD has not failed then all your files are there and recoverable

Have a read through this thread, it basically covers pretty much all options to get the system working again
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you need your files in a hurry and dont have time to fix your machine then you can transfer your files to a usb drive if you have one
you have two options to do this either from a command prompt or from a bootable linux disk (this is probably easiest but will require access to another machine)
this will explain how http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...cy-backup.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305917-windows-7-stuck-continuous-loop-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have HP Compaq pro 6300 sff, it refuse to boot, i keep getting 4 continuous beep and it blinking red. Please what could have happen and how can i resolve it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/System-wont-startup-with-continuous-4-beep-and-blinking-red/td-p/5640833
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone I seem to have a problem with an older computer of mine I built this computer back in Athlon Abit 2-tone No continuous from up? powering coming mobo. beeping shows video/BIOS upon NF motherboard GeForce LE MB AGP GB RAM HDs GB GB GB Antec SmartPower W PSU old Antec SmartPower W PSU new Originally the computer would emit a high-frequency sound when it was both turned and off When the computer was powered on this sound would lessen but still be apparent After about weeks my brother turned on the computer and suddenly he 2-tone continuous beeping coming from mobo. No video/BIOS shows upon powering up? could hear some sort of buzzing for a few seconds and then the whole computer turned off He also smelled some smoke So I believed the PSU might have died due to the high buzzing sound that was apparent weeks before something fizzled out because nothing would turn on anymore I replaced this with another older PSU I found from one of my computers an Antec SP W I plugged everything in and powered the computer on However after - seconds I hear a two-tone continuous beep that has one high and one low in tone It sounds exactly like an old school siren It is coming from the motherboard There is no OS beep or BIOS screen Just nothing comes up while the computer is powered on all fans okay and the two-tone starts I quickly tried searching online and digging through my mobo s manual Online suggested something of overheating while the motherboard said nothing about error beeps I have tried taking out the motherboard battery for a few mins and putting back in I ve also tried resetting the CMOS jumper settings I ve also tried switching the RAM thinking it was bad RAM But that s that s really all I have tried Not sure really what s going on I think maybe I fried something CPU possibly as the older PSU died and maybe took something with it There is also another thing I noticed My motherboard uses both the -pin ATX amp -pin ATX V connectors When I remove the ATX V -pin the CPU would not beep anymore upon powering on However the same result still shows no OS no bootup beep no BIOS nothing on video screen I don t know why this would be Any suggestions on what to do Thanks nbsp

A:2-tone continuous beeping coming from mobo. No video/BIOS shows upon powering up?

1 long and 1 short beep is usually a ram problem. Since you posted you have installed other ram, I would tend to think you have fried the board. The only way to really test is to swap in known good parts ie mb, ram, etc.

FWIW antec has a good rep however I am very down on their pw supplies. After having two fail in a short amount of time, I no longer buy or recommend antecs. I use either corsair, FSP, or seasonic power supplies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-tone-continuous-beeping-coming-from-mobo-no-video-bios-shows-upon-powering-up.829550/
Relevancy 51.17%

Well, decided to upgrade my graphics card due to low fps etc... used to run a Geforce 5700VE and managed to pick up a Ganward 6800GT Golden Touch from ebay. Hooked it all up, turned on the computer and got a loud continuous beep from the graphics card and no signal to my monitor. My only hunch is a lack of power although the fan did start spinning.

The rest of my system spec is:

S755Max Jetway Motherboard
AMD Athlon64 3000+
1.5 GB Ram (3200)
and my power supply is 'KY-450 ATX) 350watt.

Hopefully someone can help!

oh, also i put my old card back in and that works fine.

ALso, the card has got an Accelero X-1 cooling system now.

A:Help! Gainward 6800GT upgrade continuous loud beep on startup

Yes, this is likely power. The card uses 150W even before you OC it, and minimum requirements according to Gainward is 300W PSU. If you have the additional power connected, your PSU's 12V+ rail may not have enough amps to run it. The original cooling solution concentrates on the memory, which is good, since OC'g hits the memory hardest. BTW, if you have a "golden touch" you may have gotten touched by the eBayer. Check out the Golden Sample GLH here:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=11763&PageId=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-gainward-6800gt-upgrade-continuous-loud-beep-on-startup.69351/
Relevancy 51.17%

week of hell st my laptop and now nd laptop st one is doing alright with the help of this forum nd laptop Info HP Pavilion dv US Vista entertainment G RAM mouse became non-responsive It felt hot Shut it down On start up got continuous beeping Shut down Did it again Finally got a hp logo and had to hit esc to get to welcome message and windows started I updated windows and drivers Now I have to hit quot esc quot each for it to continue to boot I also did a hard reset Didn t help Also it acts weird Mouse keeps working will select something but click won t function I have to keep disabling the touchpad to get it to work again Also I installed speedfan It didn t seem that hot But when typing to search in google the quot quot stuck and went on forever Had to keep hitting the quot quot and quot strange behavior Continuous can startup, but beeping hitting esc, on by boot backspace quot to get it to quit Husband is cleaning the memory and stuff now Any ideas I am in way over my head update we cleaned mem sticks etc I tested memory on startup by Continuous beeping on startup, can boot by hitting esc, but strange behavior using BIOS I really think now it has something to do with a stuck quot quot key because when we restarted beeping started again and I kept hitting and giggling the quot quot key and it booted properly when the mouse would not click anymore but still moves I hit and giggled the quot quot and mouse started functioning again Thank you nbsp

A:Continuous beeping on startup, can boot by hitting esc, but strange behavior

So is all good now or is Key 9 still wonky? By the way, the DV9000 had massive recalls for basically the same issue as the DV6000 series: heat due to underpowered fans and design.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/continuous-beeping-on-startup-can-boot-by-hitting-esc-but-strange-behavior.147684/
Relevancy 48.59%

Computer failed during upgrade of bios. I have followed all the steps to recover bios: taken out battery, pressed windows + B + power, restore screen appears. Computer goes thru bios restore process and verification. When it gets to the 'count down to windows start up' and 'continue to restart button', the computer freezes and does not restart. I have pressed the continue button, nothing. I have let the count down continue and it stops at 1 then nothing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-Upgrade-failure-rebooted-bios-no-continue-to-startup/td-p/5763869
Relevancy 47.3%

The attached jpg is the 1st item that launches in the bios screens at system star-up. This I think is the driver for a pci card I have installed in a slot in the box that controls (ie-adds another ide port) a second ide CD/DVD drive.

Besides removing the card from the box...is there a way in bios setup to disable this card/slot at system start ?

Having an issue with a windows application that apparently won't deal with a 'raid' type setup...even tho I have no 'raid' setup at all...except for 'raid' being mentioned in bios screen shot attached ?

Thanks....TiminAz

A:Can this bios startup item be disabled at computer startup

No there is nothing in the bios to disable. The controller card has to initialize first for the bios to be able to see it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264617-can-bios-startup-item-disabled-computer-startup.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Have a annoying problem bought new system emachines startup delay between window and bios startup system for mom and computer has annoying problem Bios screen loads then screen goes black and loading windows progress bar shows once the windows loading screen shows delay between bios startup and window startup the computer takes seconds before it starts loading windows Once it starts to load windows windows loads normally and the system is ok Untill I have to restart or shut delay between bios startup and window startup down delay between bios startup and window startup then back to the same issue I have done a complete restore on the system using the restore particion to no avail the same problem still happens I contacted emachines tech support and they said that they will send me a set of restore disks but that it going to take - days I have scanned the computer with ca and have installed advanced system care and no virus pops up and there is no difference with system care Could there be a registry key entry that has been changed or not specified that could be causing the delay in starting windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/delay-between-bios-startup-and-window-startup-365676.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have had to replace my CMOS battery in the PC, as I problems starting the PC and this change did the trick.

The problem I have now is that when I restart my computer, it cannot pick up the O/S disk straight away. I have to either choose boot options in BIOS (F12) and load this way, or press F1 to continue after the BIOS tried to choose the diskette option.

By pressing F2 I can change the settings and set up hard drive as primary boot, but BIOS already has diskette option above hard disk option, and saving and exiting does make the system boot up from hard disk first.

My system used to work ok, I have not installed any new software, I am using Vista.

Should I try and update BIOS? your advice will be appreciated.

A:BIOS startup

If you are not having issues DO NOT try to update bios. I don't have personal experience with doing this but have read alot about it and if you mess up one thing or your computer stops working part way through the update then your computer is dead unless you can find someone with a new bios chip and a special setup for installing the software onto it. It dosn't matter what order your boot order is in unless you want to start from the disk/floppy/usb. Happy computing XD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-startup.960347/
Relevancy 41.71%

Please can someone help with this annoying problem Immediately after I switch my PC on it gives a series of beeps but will not boot up This indicates that there is a Memory error in the base memory st K If I turn power off and then back on the PC will start to boot up but after detecting the drives it stops with the message Overclocking failed Please enter Setup to reconfigure your system Press F to run Setup Press F Startup BIOS and to load defaults and continue If I press F the PC then runs Win XP SP and operates normally If I press F the BIOS menu will open I can click on Restore Defaults and then Save and Exit but this does not fix the problem The last significant change that BIOS and Startup I made to the PC was to download and install OpenOffice ver and remove earlier versions The PC spec is as follows Codename Prescott Specification Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Package Socket mPGA platform ID h CPUID BIOS and Startup F Extended CPUID F Core Stepping E Technology BIOS and Startup nm Core Speed MHz x MHz Rated Bus speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instructions sets MMX SSE SSE SSE Northbridge SiS FX rev Southbridge SiS LPC Bridge rev Memory Size MBytes DIMM General Memory type DDR Manufacturer ID Micron Technology C Size MBytes Max bandwidth PC MHz Part number VDDT AY BD Frequency MHz CAS RAS to CAS delay RAS Precharge TRAS DIMM General Memory type DDR Manufacturer ID MOSEL FFFFFFFFFFFFFF Size MBytes Max bandwidth PC MHz Timings table Frequency MHz CAS RAS to CAS delay RAS Precharge TRAS Mainboard Model P S -MX x - x D DMI BIOS vendor American Megatrends Inc version date DMI System Information manufacturer product P S -MX UUID E D -C A D -B BABE -F DMI Baseboard vendor ASUSTeK Computer INC model P S -MX revision Rev xx serial MB- DMI Processor manufacturer Intel model Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz clock speed MHz FSB speed MHz multiplier x Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Build DirectX Version c Thanks for your time this one is driving me mad The PC has run without error for the last years nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I ve got a problem I just can t see any way of fixing My son s Acer Aspire laptop is about a year old and has worked just fine Recently he decided he needed to free up more room on the hard drive and figured he would uninstall some components from his Microsoft Office Standard Edition Not sure exactly what he took out but now the computer is in a continuous never-ending loop of loop... in Windows Installer loop...continuous continuous The Windows Installer box comes up saying quot Preparing to install quot It seems to quot flash quot like it starts to go off then pops up again Several times Then a box comes up saying Microsoft Office Standard Edition Installing Error File not found A required installation file SKU CAB could not be found Original installation source required It says to to browse for the source so I put in the CD Windows Installer in continuous loop...continuous loop... and choose it but then the following box comes up quot Error Set up failed to change the source quot When I cancel ANY of the boxes I mentioned above the quot Windows Installer Preparing to install quot pops right back up again Hit cancel on it Windows Installer in continuous loop...continuous loop... and it pops right back Again and again It never goes away Sometimes a box comes up saying Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Standard Edition quot But the Windows Installer in continuous loop...continuous loop... progress bar never budges Left it up hours even Then I cancel that and - yep - the Windows Installer preparing to install jumps back into its loop I tried to uninstall the Office but it won t let me The box that says it s preparing to remove files switches to the quot Windows Installer preparing to install quot and back to the can t find the SKU CAB And on and on it goes I ve tried fixes I ve found online that say to download the file or things supposed to fix but they won t install Because the Windows Installer is stuck like a scratched record And putting in the original Office CD doesn t do any good either as explained above So I am as stuck as that stupid laptop Whatever is the issue it makes it so the windows installer won t install or uninstall anything HELP Any kind assistance would be greatly appreciated Dave

A:Windows Installer in continuous loop...continuous loop...

Is the computer operable at all?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368936/windows-installer-in-continuous-loopcontinuous-loop/
Relevancy 41.28%

This computer I work with won't keep it's bios startup settings. Namely the boot sequence. I posted here originally 3 weeks ago about this problem and got it fixed. The problem was the boot sequence somehow got messed up. The computer was looking for
1. Floppy
2. CDROM
3. SCSI

When this first happened I easily changed this back to

1. Floppy
2. IDE-0
3. CDROM

The original problem occured again except this time the boot sequence was showing as correct in bios. I coldbooted the computer and sure enough it was working again, that is until about an hour later. Same thing is happening again.

The computer's about 3 months old
CPU: celeron 800
mobo: ECS P6S5AT (http://www.ecs.com.tw/products/p6s5at.htm)
chipset: SiS® 635T

Any help would be appreciated.

A:startup problem (bios)

Is the boot sequence the only BIOS information you lose ?

Most BIOS use a battery to store information while the power to your PC is off. If the battery is damaged, you can lose the info in the BIOS. But in that case, you would lose all settings, not only the boot sequence.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-problem-bios.74726/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me out here. Im running XP and my BIOS is Phoenix technologies 6. When I try to boot up I get a blank screen, one long beep and two short beeps from the internal speaker and nothing else. I persisted with trying the startup and it works maybe one in twenty times so I have extremely limited access to my PC. Can someone advise me as to the best way to fix this up?

Thanks for hearing me out, hope someone has some info

PS

A:Phoenix V6 BIOS, cant startup XP!!! help please

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check out the meaning of your beeps HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-v6-bios-cant-startup-xp-help-please.38014/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an HP Accessed Bios Can't Startup at Be pavilion dv laptop with Vista Ultimate bit OS When I start the computer I get no options to enter bios or setup options I can t even boot from a CDRom I get about - columns sometimes less which have different colors some black white blend of color instead of Bios Can't Be Accessed at Startup the black screen with the setup options Bios Can't Be Accessed at Startup After a long delay on this screen the Windows loads and everything works fine for a while until it crashes I have tried everything I know in my limited knowledge but I can t figure out what is wrong I thought it might be the bios so I tried to update it but it says I don t have this kind of bios which confuses me because it is from the HP web site for this dv model Anyone have any ideas for a fix to Bios Can't Be Accessed at Startup this issue I was going to do the recovery and repair options for windows but I can t get to it nbsp

A:Bios Can't Be Accessed at Startup

Looks like the laptop is only 2-3 years old? Did you get the extended (3 yr) warranty for $85?
If so, you may need warranty service...

On the other hand... since you say that it will eventually boot and then crash,
I would like for you to try to get some minidumps to attach to your next post.
You will find them in the minidump sub-folder of your your windows folder.

Also... What changed (programs, or updates, or hardware) since the last known good boot?
Have you tried memory diagnostics? See Here... www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html
Have you tried drive diagnostics? See Here... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html

You said

I was going to do the recovery and repair options for windows but I can't get to it.Click to expand...

Are you saying that you cannot get to safe mode using f8 at boot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-cant-be-accessed-at-startup.130967/
Relevancy 41.28%

Not sure what happened to my computer but now everytime that i start it up it just freezes on the first screen It s the screen that has the options to press lt esc gt for boot menu lt F gt for setup and lt F gt for system recovery when this screen shows up nothing happens I cant even press lt f gt to access the bios settings could it be my bios is corrupted It is AwardBios v PG And my computer is a Compaq presario Amd Athlon Dual core EVGA nvidia GT video card gigs of RAM Should i assume the bios is broken it doesnt seem to get past the POST stage I have taken my ram out as well as my video my Can't access on even bios startup card and battery put them back in but still nothing happens if i mash the F key as it starts up it will say entering set-up but it won t ever enter it Edit There are no beepcodes that i can hear nbsp

A:Can't even access my bios on startup

Either faulty HardDrive (even CD/DVD Drive or cabling) or faulty Ram (at a guess)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-even-access-my-bios-on-startup.111802/
Relevancy 41.28%

I messed with the BIOS on my machine and now can't start up my computer. I have reset default settings and still can't start it. The screen is blank except for:

6x86MX
Installed
PR200

1.44M, 3.5 in.
None
LRG ,UDMA 5,25380 (and a triangle)

Can anybody help, please.
Chris D

A:startup/BIOS problems

Have you tried going through all the settings and have it redetect the drives. These sites might give you some good ideas..

http://www.lostcircuits.com/advice/bios2/1.shtml

http://www.wimsbios.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-bios-problems.66520/
Relevancy 41.28%

Greetings to all! Don't know if this is the proper section to ask this question but I would like to know if it is possible to bypass the BIOS flashing on initial start up?
I know that it will not speedup loading into the desktop but I would personally prefer to not see the BIOS.
If it is possible could you post the procedures for disabling the start up BIOS flash.
Thank you.

A:Flashing bios on startup

what do you mean exactly mate? im not sure what you want to hide?

oh and just incase it can be sorted post up the make and model of your mobo so i can see what bios it uses ta

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255407-flashing-bios-startup.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I was downloading a new map for Team Fortress when the compute froze I had to hard upon no BIOS startup I have display boot the computer Upon start I never got ANY display and the HDD light on the front of the tower does not light up Anyone have any idea Here are my specs copied from the receipt CPU Intel Core Duo Conroe E GHz FSB MB CPU Memory MB GB DDR II Memory Pin Major Brand Motherboard ASUS P B Mother Board Hard Drive Western Digital GB RPM MB Cache Serial ATA II Hard Drive Western Digital GB RPM MB Cache Serial ATA II I have no BIOS display upon startup RAID These hard drives can be setup as RAID or Optical Drive LG X B DVD RW Dual Layer Video eVGA GeForce GT KO PCI-E MB DDR DVI Audio Realtek ALC -channel High-Definition Audio CODEC S PDIF out interface Network Card Dual Gigabit Lan Network Card Neon Light Sunbeam Cold Cathod I have no BIOS display upon startup Neon Light blue Case Thermaltake Armor Jr VC BWS black Power Supply Thermaltake SILENT Power Supply Dual Fan Control nbsp I have no BIOS display upon startup

Relevancy 41.28%

hope someone can help it's driving me nuts Have HP pc with XP The startup is very slow - not sure why On bootup the initial screen comes up saying COMPAQ make of pc which used to stay up for about seconds then dissappear-windows would then load in about seconds Now the slow everything! tried startup-BIOS? COMPAQ page is there for about minutes then a blank screen for mins then windows loads slowly over a few mins I know some things - I have spyware terminator-superantispyware-avast antivirus and reg cure registry cleaner which i run and update regularly I have tried reloading the pc - starting again slow startup-BIOS? tried everything! from scratch and the startup slow startup-BIOS? tried everything! is slow startup-BIOS? tried everything! fine for a week or so then suddenly goes back to the slow start again Ive tried using driver download software to check drivers but it has cost a fortune and once ive paid the drivers dont download says not right system requirements Ive done all the compaq updates and microsoft updates and reloaded the pc twice - But same problem Can anyone help please Is it a BIOS problem and if so how do I cure it Im not very pc literate so if you could be specific that would be great Thanks - really desperate

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-startup-bios-tried-everything-300190.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have HP all in one Desktop type 20-r022l, my pc cannot startup, cannot enter bios, before that there is beep sound 8 times, so i reset bios until finish..after that i cannot access the bios, just black screen even the power is on that was my pc problem..pleae give a solution thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/cannot-startup-after-reset-bios/td-p/5783142
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey all I have a Dell Inspiron E Laptop and I recently went to the Dell website to update my drivers since I hadn t ever done this I updated my video driver network driver etc And everything worked fine Then though there was an update for the BIOS Problem Bios Startup listed under the same section so I decided to do that too since I was updating everything else Well everything seemed fine the update manager closed all programs and then shut off the computer and did the update but the next time it started up I got this error STOP x D Driver attempting to access memory beyond the end of allocation Everything still works fine when I boot into safe mode or even safe mode with networking I m on it right now but Windows won t start normally without getting this error Should I just go back to the old BIOS version If so how can I do this Otherwise anyone have any ideas on how to fix this Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Bios Startup Problem

From what I am finding you possibly have corrupted video drivers. I would recommend you go to the Device manager and uninstall your video drivers. Reboot your computer and install them.References:Bug Check 0xD6: DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_BEYOND_END_OF_ALLOCATIONWindows Driver Kit: Driver Development Tools Driver Verifier

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108646/bios-startup-problem/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have recently inherited a problem which I can resolve.

Each time I start my PC the bios loads and the Windows 7 splash screen shows, but the Windows logo stutters onto the screen. At this point the machine restarts, loads the bios again and goes to a Windows startup screen which offers either a startup repair or normal Windows startup.

If I take the startup repair option it finds nothing wrong and I then start Windows normally without an issue. Similarly if I just take the option to load Windows normally it works perfectly.

This happens each and every startup.

I have run sfc \scannow which found no issues and selecting last known good configuration within Windows recovery options makes no difference.

Can any point me in the right direction please?

My os is Windows 7 32 bit. Thanks in advance.

Mervyn

A:On startup BIOS loads twice

Have you checked your BIOS settings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111602-startup-bios-loads-twice.html
Relevancy 41.28%

When I reach the stage of "Verifying DMI Pool Data" in the BIOS boot, the screen remains blank for about 3 minutes before I get to the XP startup screen. This has only occured after I disconnected an external USB disc drive. If I reconnect the drive there is no delay in the boot sequence. I've tried ejecting the drive and rebooting but the problem remains. The PC has a Phoenix Award bios but I can't find any options in the setup that correct the problem.

A:XP BIOS Startup Delay

Did You try uninstalling the driver for the USB disc drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-bios-startup-delay.108710/
Relevancy 41.28%

When I went to start up my computer, it stopped with the following message: See Master Drive-ATAPI Incompatible...Press F1 to resume. I sure would appreciate it if someone could explain what this means.

A:Startup stops in BIOS

I think the most common thing to do would be to replace the IDE cable from a 33 to a Ultra 100/133

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/22640/startup-stops-in-bios/
Relevancy 41.28%

I recent flash my BIOS from a F to a F from gigabyte bios update page now when i start my compterm i get a ONE beep when it pass post BIOS before window what one BIOS at startup beep does one beep mean i one beep at BIOS startup never got any beep with F but now i get one with F what does it mean also and i do not know id it one beep at BIOS startup has any thing to do with this or not but my compter some thime re boot sudden now since i flash bios update below is my info from my compter Program eSupport com BIOS Agent Version BIOS Date BIOS Type American Megatrends BIOS ID - - - - -KT A-GA VTXHP OEM Sign-On VTXH F Chipset VIA C rev Superio ITE SiS rev found one beep at BIOS startup at port Eh OS WinXP SP CPU AMD Duron tm Processor Mhz MAX Mhz BIOS ROM In Socket Yes BIOS ROM Size K Memory Installed MB Memory Maximum MB Memory Slot MB Memory Slot MB Memory Slot MB ACPI Revision nbsp

A:one beep at BIOS startup

One beep is good (Is with 99.999999999~ % of boards at least)

The reboots may be that you need to update the drivers too, especially with a new BIOS depending on exactly what the BIOS flash fixed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-beep-at-bios-startup.545862/
Relevancy 40.85%

recently i got a intel 2.66 with asrock775vm800 board, i hate to see those bios popups during startup. Can i remove those popups? Any help is appreciated. ty

A:how to remove bios popup during startup

asrock makes subpar boards, but you should have an option to display an OEM boot screen, in the bootup options of your BIOS setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-remove-bios-popup-during-startup.34352/
Relevancy 40.85%

i just bough a used Dell Laptop. but there was password on the bios and i dont know the password. and i dont know the username and password so the only way is it re-install everything on the computer. i have tryed to run the computer without battery and the small battery inside computer. and that doesnt work. what others can i do? i can see the Bios serial and everything

A:can startup from Cd and bios is password and cant login

Hi:

I am sorry but this forums rules state we can't help with lost password.

Closing this topic.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-startup-from-cd-and-bios-is-password-and-cant-login-419374.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Which chip is associated with the startup BIOS?

A. CPU

B. CMOS

C. BIOS

D. ROM
I have an answer to this but like the show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" I do not want to influence the audience "you". Please offer your answer with reference materials if possible.

Relevancy 40.85%

I have an AMD Athlon 700mhz , 128 SDRAM, 20 gig HD, running Win ME. I just updated to ME, but right before I installed Win ME, after I removed RedHAT from my machine my BIOS startup screen started to blink during bootup. It hasn't really affected my computer's performance, but I've never seen this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:BIOS Startup screen is blinking

you might try resetting the bios back to defaults and see if it helps. (either short the reset jumper on the board or remove the battery from the motherboard for a half hour or so.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-startup-screen-is-blinking.104538/
Relevancy 40.85%

Initializing USB controllers..

sits on this for about 40 secs then finishes loading bios normally. 8 out of 10 attempts at this Windows fails to successfully load as it stays on the loading screen with the blue bar going from left to right indefinitely.
I unplugged all my USB devices and it still does the same thing. I run Amd Fx-60 dual core, Asus A8N32-SLI, 2x Mushkin Redline XP4000 1024 MB, 2x 74gb W.D. Raptor,
Temparatures look good and the only new thing I have recently done was Installed Steam to play TF2. I also have gotten a new Sound card driver about 2 weeks ago. Ever Since I downloaded Steam I have been having really wierd lock ups while alt tabbing.

A:Computer Hanging At Bios Startup

Malware checks?

AV protection current?

Anything in Event Viewer?

Try uninstalling the USB drivers (are they onboard or a PCI card) and allowing XP to re-detect/install?

Why the new sound driver?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113246/computer-hanging-at-bios-startup/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey, I keep getting a screen that says Award BIOS on it, some sort of setup screen every time I turn my pc on.

It has options for 2 different cpu speeds to be selected each time, with various other options associated with the F1, F2 etc buttons.
I manage to get past the screen by saving settings and xp loads as normal, but no matter what I do, it keeps coming on each time I startup the PC.

What's going on?

Specs:

-Athlon xp2200+ 1.36Ghz
-1GB RAM
-30.6 GB HD remaining out of 80GB
-nvidia geForce 4ti4200 128mb graphics card
-ASUS A7v333 motherboard

A:Award BIOS screen on startup

Open the System Configuration Utility and check your boot paths

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/award-bios-screen-on-startup-183477.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello friends,

I have a Dell XPS 630i that has an odd issue. I have NO START-UP or BIOS messages displayed. When it boots,
there is just the black screen, then it boot right to my desktop. This is usually pretty quick ( ~ 45 seconds ) so it has not been an issues until now. Now it seems it will hang at the black screen. I can't see if in might be running a disc-check, or if there are any error messages.

I can't get into the BIOS or even safe mode because I can't not see the correct time or the right button to hit to allow this. Is it 'esc' or 'F2" ? I can't tell you because I can't see the display.

Thanks !

A:No STARTUP/Bios messages displayed

It may not be initializing the video card in time to see the BIOS screen. You can try hitting DEL or F2 when you turn it on (within the first 5 seconds, usually). I've seen some PC's that were pretty quick, and they went from BIOS to booting Windows very fast, without being able to see the POST. You just have to be able to catch it with the key press (you may just have to guess. It's usually DEL, F10 or F2).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-startup-bios-messages-displayed.941840/
Relevancy 40.85%

I was using my PC doing everyday stuff, when out of nowhere my screen just went black, my music was still playing, but my screen was black. Upon restarting my computer manually it black screened yet again, this time right after showing me my RAM amount (just before the BIOS). I took apart the tower and proceeded checking if my graphics card maybe overheated, let it cool down for about 2 hours, put it back together and still had the same problem. I've tried spamming the F8 button right before the bios, but all I get is a black screen.
Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

A:Black screen before BIOS startup.

F8 usually comes into play right after the computer's beep or while the brand/OEM logo is on or fading and after the BIOS Setup has been closed. Is the video an onboard adapter or a plug-in PCIe or PCI card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344672-black-screen-before-bios-startup.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an old Thinkpad (570e) which has a bios older than 1999. When the laptop boots, it boots into the bios screen. Not much of a problem, but then I have to "exit without saving changes", and then the laptop boots again and will then boot the OS (PClinuxOS).

When I had XP on this laptop this did not happen, it was only when I installed linux. I have read that on these older systems, the bios in loaded on a hidden partition on the hd, but I'm not sure.

Anyone know how I can fix this problem?

A:Laptop boots into bios at startup

Sounds like the BIOS battery is dead. Not sure how you change them in lappys, but it gives the symptoms that would point to it.
as far as BIOS on the HD isconcerned, BIOS is mobo contained, no tHD contained. The only time it might get transferred is if BIOS shadowing was enabled, but even then it would only be copied to memory. I would suggest the booting problem is probably completely unrelated to the OS change, just coincidental.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-boots-into-bios-at-startup.679756/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100 with Phoenix BIOS. No problem with it until a couple of weeks ago. Blue screen appears with message "Plug and Play.....may be caused by a faulty driver....". Laptop does not go through usual start up - not even in safe mode.

All drivers are current and Device Manager says all devices working properly! When I disable Built in LAN via BIOS, computer starts up and works fine, but I can't network - which I need to for work.

Can someone please reduce the my stress?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-built-in-lan-preventing-startup.612960/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi All Just re-joined I was a member from very early but seem to have slid through the cracks since My system is running superbly but has a strange start-up and BIOS issue I cannot resolve first at BIOS Startup hanging page It started three days ago Powered on to start my day and stalled on BIOS DEL entry screen and I couldn't do a thing Powered off restarted several times with no effect Left my home office to collect my iPad from family room Startup hanging at first page BIOS returned and the desktop in question was up and running at logon screen Decided to experiment turned off PC restarted and waited Sure enough after about - mins Startup hanging at first page BIOS it chirped and proceeded exactly as normal to logon screen It does so every time I start-up I have revisited BIOS Boot Menu numerous times set the SSD as Boot Priority saved exited all those things nothing has worked I have run Mem test continually over a twelve hour period no RAM errors found also ran Disk Checker several times with one error found and repaired I have excellent pro version virus and malware protection nothing has shown up To me it seems as though start-up is searching for the SSD where the OS is installed and is somehow locked into going to the DVD drive first Every time I reset priority in BIOS back to SSD drive it automatically reverts back to the DVD drive P in my BIOS when restarted My BIOS version is still I'm not fond of fiddling with the BIOS unnecessarily However if it is BIOS related I'll deal with that The only other symptom I have noticed is that at shut down the machine has been closing down considerably slower than normal and has been showing error quot Waiting for background files to close down quot It shows google drive and email notifier pro also I like to run a 'lean machine' with nothing installed that I don't use and want I love music and have had Asus Xonar Essence XTS installed for quite a while My PSU is a W Seasonic high end this setup runs very cool and the rails settings all seem correct Your advice and assistance would be much appreciated I can run it as is but it takes about minutes to boot up now and errors get progressively worse if not dealt with early Thanks

A:Startup hanging at first page BIOS

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/333007-startup-hanging-first-page-bios.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I just bought the following components brand new ASUS M N T-M V Socket AM a mATX Motherboard corsair ram power supply w amd phenom ii x and geforce gtx is a couple of months old On my old system I had the problem of not getting a display or a BIOS beep on startup So after looking online I narrowed it down to a faulty motherboard cpu or ram So I upgraded ALL of them I ve connected everything correctly and I am still not getting any display or a beep beep BIOS display or No startup on on startup My monitor works fine I ve tested it I ve tried the following solutions Reseated RAM and video card Reset CMOS battery Reset BIOS Connected my TV to mobo with VGA No BIOS beep or display on startup Connected my monitor to mobo with VGA Connected my monitor to card with DVI Connected my TV to card with HDMI Tried an old video card Tried no video card Tried different cables Nothing has worked so far and I m this close to setting some C charges inside and blowing it to hell Anybody got any ideas edit my RAM is Corsair XMS DDR GB My system powers up with fans spinning and lights on my motherboard I do not have a speaker plugged into the board nbsp

A:No BIOS beep or display on startup

Try a different PSU

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-bios-beep-or-display-on-startup.983130/
Relevancy 40.85%

I apologize in advance at how long this is but at this point I m kind of desperate for advice since my PC has been down for quite a while Specs CPU Intel Celeron D GHZ Motherboard MSI P NGM-FD Cannot BIOS screen past get startup LGA NVIDIA GeForce Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Memory x Cannot get past BIOS startup screen gb DDR SDRAM Videocard Radeon Soundcard Speakers Onboard Hard Disk s Seagate gb RPM SATA Power Supply RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply Cooling MASSCOOL FD B M mm Case Fan Alright here goes Earlier in the month I got a new motherboard that I had to RMA I wasn t sure where to put all the parts so most went into boxes but my CPU was stored in a zip-loc bag since I had no clue what to do with it I ve gotten the new motherboard and set it up note I did not reinstall Cannot get past BIOS startup screen any drivers or repair Windows since it was the same Cannot get past BIOS startup screen motherboard type and I already had drivers installed The first time it booted up just fine and everything was working except for the fact that a brand new Radeon was getting no more than fps in games where it should be significantly higher In addition when playing games the system would freeze for a few seconds and then return to normal also switching applications would take forever which is not an issue I ve had with this RAM and Processor before I decided to restart the machine to see if that would resolve anything At that point it would not get past the BIOS screen Once in a while if I hit lt del gt quick enough it would try to go to setup but would just hang at quot USB Legacy Support is not enabled quot The next day after work I tried it again using my old video card and it worked then switched in the new card and it also worked I took the time to run Memtest on all of my RAM try each stick seperately verified all fans worked and rebooted several times with no issue The last reboot of the night after I put the case back together and stood it up brought back the same exact issue I went to take the processor heatsink off and it was extremely hot to the touch despite the fact that all fans were working properly I thought the issue may have been overheating but tried it again this morning after leaving it off all night and I still cannot get past the BIOS startup screen without being able to get to BIOS setup Help nbsp

A:Cannot get past BIOS startup screen

Almost sounds like the romsip data has become corrupted or something. Have you tried clearing the CMOS by removing the battery? You should also make sure that your motherboard BIOS is the latest version and check the release notes for any added CPU compatibility enhancements. I had a motherboard and CPU do all kinds of weird stuff when the BIOS version didn't support the processor. The board is an RMA replacement so it could have an old BIOS version installed. You should consider flashing to the latest build if that's the case.

Also, after clearing your CMOS, make sure that everything in BIOS is set up properly. Pay particular attention to voltages, clock speeds, and memory timings. All of these things should be set manually and not left on Auto.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-get-past-bios-startup-screen.116485/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I have had this problem for a while now, whenever I startup my PC the BIOS splash comes up twice.

The first time I cannot do anything (E.g. press Del to enter setup) and it stays for about 30s or so.

The second time is when I can interact with it, but it stays up for about a second and then goes to the login screen.

I'm running an ASUS motherboard, I'm pretty sure it's P8Z68-M PRO.

A:Double BIOS splash on startup

Hello Kelpto,

See if unchecking both "Time to display..." options in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below may help.

Operating System to Start - Change Display List Time

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371972-double-bios-splash-startup.html
Relevancy 40.85%

WILL THE HP RECOVERY MEDIA ALLOW ME TO START THE COMPUTER FROM THE DVD DRIVE

A:F2 KEY PRESSED AT STARTUP DOES NOT BRING UP THE BIOS

#HPExpertDayYes, you can boot from Optical drive if the drive is bootable and if the boot sequence is set right.If f2 isn't working then try 'esc' button and then choose the boot option.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/F2-KEY-PRESSED-AT-STARTUP-DOES-NOT-BRING-UP-THE-BIOS/td-p/5625199
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer recently hasn't been able to boot past the bios screen and i can't enter the bios either The problem first started Bios startup freezes screen on when i disconnected my psu to see if my other pc which had a dead psu would power up with this psu Though i found out i needed a micro atx connector instead of atx on my other pc So I installed my psu back into my original machine just to find out i got no display So i removed my ram then booted her up again and got some beeps So then i shut it off and put my ram sticks Bios screen freezes on startup back in The screen would show now but now i can't get past the bios screen or enter the bios setup I googled around a bit and saw that taking out my cmos battery then replacing it with a new one could fix this issue So I replaced the cmos battery with one of the same voltage and version which is a Well sadly the problem persisted anyways with the same results So I googled some more and read that reseting the jumpers could possibly resolve the problem I continued by reseting the jumpers like it said to but still no results still the same exact the problem Now i'm here braking my head over this since I can't figure out the problem and i'm cluess to what the problem could be My hunch is ethier i got a bad psu or bad mobo but the mobo gets power and shows it gets power by the bulb on the mobo and it starting up but suddenly freezing I tried with a ps keyboard since the usb keyboard would get no signal so the ps keyboard got power but I can't enter bios no matter how much I try Anyways what i'm trying to say is if you guys could help me trouble shoot this problem because it's a total nightmare Would appreciate all the help i can get my last resort would be taking it to a shop to get it fixed but I want to see if I can resolve this problem Many thanks in advance to those who give me a hand specs are filled in for those wondering in the tab bellow M GU

Relevancy 40.85%

I was recently in touch with with HP tech suppport about a problem with my headphone socket and the agent remotely updated the BIOS which did the trick but I now have an item in startup programs named ec, as can be seen in the screenshot and asking for properties brings up the message that it can't be found which can also be seen in the screenshot. I disabled this startup entry and my problem returned so I now leave it on. My questions are: 1. Is this to do with the BIOS and if so why wasn't it there before for the old BIOS?2. Why can't windows find it when asked but must be able to find it for it to work?3. What is it and what does it do? I can't find anything about it on Google.

A:ec in startup programs after BIOS update

Hi @Matthew_J_White,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the error. I will be glad to help you. The sp74565 is the BIOS update program, but it is a one time run.  Do you know why is in your start up. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/ec-in-startup-programs-after-BIOS-update/td-p/5602623
Relevancy 40.85%

Which Function key or combination of keys would I need to press when I power it on to enter the BIOS / Startup menu?

A:Anyone know how to enter the BIOS / Startup menu?

IF you searched it ...
You'd know that each manufacturer has a different key to access the BIOS.
So, it would depend on your PC / laptop for starters.
Search for that key by model #, manufacturer, etc. - you may find your answer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445394-anyone-know-how-enter-bios-startup-menu.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My  computer is the HP pavilion p6-2466eo.High,Bios refuses to startup after a HD-crash. The BIOS launches a request for a ""power-on-password" which I do not know. Understand this is used to be registred on the HD, but is no longer available after the HD-failure. The motherboard is H-Joshua H61-uATX.On this board the BIOS-Recovery pins are different from in the HP-documentation.HP-doc shows 6 pins, the real thing is there are 7, room for 8 with 1 pins missing.The service doc suggests to fidle-around the jumpers, but my reality is different and I cannot follow this rcommendation In short:HD-crash and replaced with new one, but BIOS requires a power-on password, which I am missing.Jumper recommendation in HP-doc. is different from the reality. What to do ?? Thanks for suggestions

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Need new passport on BIOS startup for desktop

Hi: Please see the link below...Follow the instructions under the jumper settings>clearing the password settings. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6-2400-Desktop-PC-series/5330783/model/5382517/document/c03135925/ Now the instructions as written are not complete. I have re-written the instructions so that you will be able to clear the BIOS P/W. To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:Turn OFF and unplug the computer.Move the jumper from pins 2-4 (default) to pins 4-6.Plug the PC back in, and power it on.  The password should now be cleared.Turn OFF and unplug the computer.Then move the jumper back to the default position (pins 2-4).Plug the PC back in, and turn ON the computerLook at the motherboard illustration on the link above. It appears to me that the clear CMOS/Clear BIOS password jumpers are those two blue thingies just above the dark and light blue SATA ports. The jumpers will be labeled in white ink on the motherboard as to which is which. You just need to move the BIOS password jumper, not the clear CMOS jumper.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Need-new-passport-on-BIOS-startup-for-desktop/td-p/5760091
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok..

Processor- 3ghz single core

RAM- 3gb

(32-bit os - Vista)

Every time I Startup and Shutdown...it takes forever. I asked around and I've been told it's a Bios problem. I'm more of a hardware savvy kind of guy and I need some help.

So when I boot up, it gives me the HP bios screen..and sits there for about 4-5 minutes, very frustrating, I have done memory tests and all that junk. Scanned for faulty hardware, every thing came up just fine. This just started maybe a month ago.

Any suggestions?

A:HP a6013w Slow Bios startup

if it is slow on the post, it's bios - which shouldn't be an issue. If it is - then read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic75555.html

otherwise it is your directory. run crap cleaner registry repair or glarysoft registry repair. both are free. or just run CHKDK C: from windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-a6013w-slow-bios-startup.128232/
Relevancy 40.42%

bought more ram for a friend's laptop, tried installing it but blank screen appeared, so was told via instructions with new ram to update bios which i did,
after reboot all i get is a black screen, power light on keyboard comes up, fans turn on, but that is it. FRUSTRATING.

The system specs are
Toshiba satellite a110- psab6c-cf100e

Intel® Celeron M processor 410 (1.46GHz, 512MHz ram)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
60GB

was going to add 1gb of ram to it, which is compatible, but for now i have the 512mb original ram installed.

any help would be appreciated,
thanks

Relevancy 40.42%

I have Samsung N netbook bought about years ago It had windows XP home edition on it I do not remember any more precise details about its software But it had some stuff written on its back Model NP N Input V --- A W Contains FCC ID TX RTL EHMC Contains IC A RTL EHMC BAC - A MODEL CODE NP-N get N130 Samsung to even bios) after freezes not startup (can -KAO UK It worked fine at first Just the fan became noisy So I thought that I should open it up and clean the fan from dust From the second or third attempt after I have put some oil in the fan the problem disappeared But as I have opened the laptop Samsung N130 freezes after startup (can not even get to bios) I have broken the power switch I have tried to fix it but could not do that Instead I decided to switch it on with a pin there is such a possibility in Samsung N model when the power switch is broken Eventually this method stopped working After another struggle to turn my netbook on with opening the case and some real torture I decided to try to make it boot up from keyboard I have read somewhere that you can set it up in bios by setting the computer to boot from password I did that Eventually all that went really wrong In addition to computer not booting from keyboard I could not find the password for the computer to start after turning it on with a pin My next step was to reset CMOS battery After some struggle I managed to do that And the laptop has frozen on the first screen saying Phoenix TrustedCore tm NB Copyright - Phoenix Technologies Ltd All Rights Reserved CPU Processors Detected ERROR Check date and time settings WARNING System CMOS checksum bad Default configuration used Press lt F gt to resume lt F gt to Setup If I turn it off with a power switch and turn it on again it gives me a Samsung logo screen saying press F to enter bios or F for recovery After this screen a couple seconds later the computer gives me a black screen with a capital letter quot P quot at the top right At this point the computer does not respond to anything - If I press F at any time during the previous screen this makes no difference and computer ends up with the same screen with letter quot P quot - If I press F when the screen is still on the computer takes me to a black screen without letter quot P quot and I can restart it by pressing Ctrl Alt Del Then the same thing happens all over again - If I press F just after the screen is gone I get to the following screen which also freezes and computer becomes unresponsive Phoenix TrustedCore tm NB Copyright - Phoenix Technologies Ltd All Rights Reserved CPU Processors Detected Intel R Atom TM CPU N e GHz M Extended RAM Passed KB L Cache System BIOS shadowed Video BIOS shadowed Fixed Disc Samsung HM HI USB San Disk Mouse initialized Entering SETUP Now I got my power switch fixed and can power up the notebook with no problem but the computer still freezes as described above after I start it I have opened computer many times so that I have even lost some screws and some of them no longer work I was not always very careful with my netbook and have damaged the speaker switch a little bit I could probably damage other things there as well But visibly it is kind of OK If by any chance any one of you guys knows what might be my problem please let me know Your help will be REALLY appreciated Thank you all very much in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-n130-freezes-after-startup-can-not-even-get-to-bios.1012506/
Relevancy 40.42%

Every since I've replaced my keyboard... On start up of XP the screen goes black and a whole technical looking list appears "Phoenix Bios" .. it scurries through #'s and then I get my regular start-up screen. ( loooooong wait).

I've learned not to click the F# key it advises for setting up because then I get super lost, and end up restarting.

Any idea how I can fix this black screen with technical stuff on it at startup? I'm fairly certain something went amuck with the setup wizzard when I plugged in this new keyboard.

A:Black Screen on Startup-Bios Settup-XP

What you are seeing is the boot-up process with no "splash screen" to hide it at a guess.

The option to enable the splash screen is probably in the BIOS, where you have already noted, you don't want to go.

If so, it's normal (I always have my PC's booting this way) and with the splash screen, its still happening, just hidden from view.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-startup-bios-settup-xp.174471/
Relevancy 40.42%

I changed the passwords (Bios and login) on my HP Stream 11 laptop..(OS win8)Im in the service and got shipped over seas for 9mnths..upon my return my passwords have completely vanished from what I remembered them to be.when I turn on my laptop it immediately wants admin.password and after 3 attempts  it tells me system disabled. Plz help me fix this issue ..pertinence is key..I'm very appreciative of taking the time to help me..

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I forgot the startup password(BIOS) to get into my HP Stream...

@PORKCHIZZLE? Enter:     69671381 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/I-forgot-the-startup-password-BIOS-to-get-into-my-HP-Stream/td-p/5604327
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm trying to fix a computer for a friend. When the computer loads, the monitor doesn't even detect the computer except when it goes into BIOS automatically. The light stays orange on the monitor, and it displays the "No Connection" message. I've plugged the computer into 3 different monitors with the same results.

I've tried putting other hard drives into the computer, as well as formatting the hard drive thats in there and loading windows on another computer, then hooking it back in, but nothing has changed with the display issues.

Does this sound like a video card problem? I thought that was the issue, but that BIOS screen thing showing has me a little confused.

The video card
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=G4Ti4200-VTD8X&class=vga

The computer itself is an MSI brand as well. Anyone have any thoughts?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hey everyone. I'm having some trouble with a HP Pavillion ze5568cl model laptop. Every time I try to start it up, it hangs at the blue HP logo screen. If I try to enter the BIOS setup, or change the boot order; it will say entering setup or start the load proess, but then just hangs. Sometimes it gets past this, but then I can't get it to make it all the way through an OS install. The HD was just formatted, so there is no current OS on the system. I'm not shure if this is a problem with the BIOS itself, or a faulty HD. If anyone has some advice I would greatley appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hangs-at-bios-startup-screen.628240/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi
when startup pc (black screen) massage displayed" Please insert correct disk"
massage exact forgot.
next a few second this is massage displayed:"Please floppy disk insert to drive A"
again massage exact forgot.
Will be updated via USB BIOS .
What should I do to prepare a USB?
thank's.

A:How To Update Bios By usb(Create an MS-DOS startup disk)

Hi there.

I'd suggest you DON'T do this -- it's very rarely you would ever need a BIOS update - especially on more modern computers. Most of any new features could in fact be handled by SOFTWARE if necessary. If it goes awry your computer will just become a doorstop as it might not be able to boot again.

(Firmware updates on things like DVD players are another issue - but I'm assuming the OP is referring to computer MOBO's).

Even trying to get USB3 support on an older Mobo isn't really worth it -- you need a Pci-e card which is as slow as molasses compared with native USB3 anyway -- not worth it.

However if you really must -- most places that allow you to "flash" the BIOS will have instructions on how to prepare the various sets of bootable media.

If the site is still mentioning Floppy Disks then it's probably time to update your Mobo anyway.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/28275-how-update-bios-usb-create-ms-dos-startup-disk.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I ve got a problem I recently bought a MyBook TB Home Edition by Western Digital This is an external hard-drive on USB and BIOS, external harddrive-problem startup I was so stupid a while ago to BIOS, startup and external harddrive-problem go mess around in the msconfig screen from run In that screen i started to delete a couple of files that seemed unnecessary to me but now every time I start BIOS, startup and external harddrive-problem up my pc says invalid BIOS starting up from C windows That is problem Problem two is that I can t start up my pc with my harddrive plugged in I ve been having this problem for a while now and it s getting really annoying right now I think it s a problem with the bios settings as in problem because it stops the starting up process when the motherboard-screen shows on my monitor The light on my pc shows that it s really busy but nothing happens and it just stays on the motherboard-screen Once I ve plugged out my harddrive I restart it and then it does work I m sorry for my bad english I m dutch Please help Greetz Koen nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Well I decided to finally take apart this old eMachines to clean it Taking computer Once at BIOS/startup cleaned hangs precautions I carefully took out all the wires took out the motherboard took off the heatsink took out the processor Then using Isoprol alcohol I cleaned off the previous thermal pad from the processor and heatsink I took some AS applied it to the processor die spread it out and put down the heatsink on Once cleaned computer hangs at BIOS/startup it Lockd it up blew out all the dust everything was ready Put everything back into the case turned it on and XP asks me whether I want to start normally or the last good config or safe mode I click normally and bam It hangs So I take it apart again remove heatsink reapply thermal paste put on heatsink and lift it up to see if it made contact with the processor Yup thermal paste on the heatsink was visible Put it back down Turned on again went into BIOS Computer Health and let it sit there minutes of sitting and updating it said the processor was - C while it sat there unfrozen and it locked up Put a huge fan blowing on the side of the thing side taken off and tried again in case it was a heat problem minutes hanged Took apart everything reassembled everything New thermal paste for like the th time Left only the wire to the front button for bootup harddisk and ram and processor Everything else was disconnected Do the same quot Start Last Good Config quot with XP froze there Thought it was a HD problem Took away the harddrive let it sit there telling me there was no boot device Suprisingly the blinking cursor just kept on blinking and I could normally shut off the pc from the button so that meant it didn t freeze Restarted back into PC Health minutes froze Back to bios after restart quot Fail-safe defaults quot garbled screen Restart quot Fail-safe defaults quot waited around seconds and all seemed fine Restart BIOS health minutes freeze Let it sit at the quot no boot device quot for another minutes cursor kept blinking Specs eMachines something Socket A AthlonXP Samsung ram PC Foxconn something motherboard Winfast Socket A AGP x slot W eMachines PSU All these parts other than the motherboard are years old They worked fine before I cleaned everything Ahhh Ideas please Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Once cleaned computer hangs at BIOS/startup

how much thermal paste did you use? too much or too little can cause your processor to overheat, as is a common problem. the proper amount should be equal in volume to that of one U.S. dime. your bios-reported temps seem too good to be true, seeing that room temperature is 25 degrees. i've seen many motherboards report temperatures that were way off when checked against a separate temperature probe. this generally happens most with cheaper motherboards, such as the ones you would find in compaq, hp, dell, gateway, sony, and emachines systems.

taking the heatsink off is not necessary for your average cleaning. clearing the dust out of the case, fans, components, and heatsinks can all be done just fine without taking anything apart, excluding the side panel of the case. only when replacing or removing the processor and/or the cooler is it necessary to take off the heatsink.

when you did all this, did you take the nessesary anti-static precautions? grounding the metal chasis while you work is fine, but using a grounded wrist strap is even better. without anti-static precautions, it is easy to destry or damage parts without even realizing it. static electricity levels are usually highest on dry carpet, while wearing socks or rubber sole shoes.

after going through these possibilities, i reccomend running the computer with minimal parts. this means you disconnect all drives, remove expansion cards, and so on. you need a keyboard, cpu, ram, a video card, and a power supply. see if the system can idle in the bios under these circumstances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/once-cleaned-computer-hangs-at-bios-startup.63320/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

I'm getting a BSOD on startup and it won't boot as far a the login screen, the computer keeps restarting. I get the same problem when trying to boot into safe mode. I checked the BIOS and the CPU temp is averaging 70-80'c. I have a Corsair H80 which i have a feeling has failed.
My BSOD reads:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A97E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

A:BSOD on startup 0x0000007B and CPU running hot in BIOS

It sounds like your PC may be shutting down to save the CPU from damaging its self, the heat your seeing on your CPU is approaching dangerous you may want to look into getting a new CPU cooler. If you look at the specifications for your process or you can see that the Tcase (max operating temperature) is 72.6 degrees Celsius:

ARK | Intel? Core

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286755-bsod-startup-0x0000007b-cpu-running-hot-bios.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

I plan to have two installations of windows 7, on each harddrive. I don't want a dual boot setup in the traditional sense, where Windows adds it to startup options, and the boot files are all placed on one drive, if that makes sense.

What I am after are two totally independant systems that are not aware of each other, by installing one first, then unplugging that drive, then installing the other.

The only way to boot these is via F12 boot menu, where you would select to boot from a drive, usb, or cd.

My question is, would it be possible to set in BIOS options, to always display this F12 boot menu on startup, rather than having to quickly time hitting the F12 key?

I guess this is dependant on the motherboard bios itself (Gigabyte Z87) but I have no idea what this option would be called or if it exists.

Thanks.

A:How to display Bios boot menu on startup?

Not possible as far as I know. I have not seen any option in the BIOS to do that. The best you can do is set the drive with the OS you use most often as the first boot device. Then use F12 to switch to the other drive when need be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/363675-how-display-bios-boot-menu-startup.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey guys i have a slight problem.. When i press the power button on the cpu to turn my computer on it takes about 20 seconds for the Display to actually show up.. and when the bios starts it always tells me to press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup..
gives a message saying that " Setup is running in safe mode please change you overclocked settings or something like" i havent overclocked my computer and everything is in default what should i do to remove this message appearing everytime i start my computer

AMD ATHLON 64 3200+
512 MB DDR
MS- 7030
Geforce 6800

A:Safe mode message during bios Startup

If you go into your bios settings the save and exit that should cure the problem. If it doesnt then let me know and i will do my best to help further. Rik.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-mode-message-during-bios-startup.30183/
Relevancy 40.42%

Downloaded windows update to usb drive restarted system to install windows formatted nbsp all partitions error from windows install due to drive format tried to restart no response from BIOS menu nbsp nbsp nbsp -on power up black screen with Press the ESC key for startup menu and it hangs nbsp nbsp nbsp - press ESC ESC Pause Startup and hangs used guide nbsp http support hp com us-en document c nbsp nbsp nbsp - all BIOS updates available from HP do not contain bios install no 6-1019nr on Envy stuck bios startup, utility will not allow nbsp for usb install no install nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp location option ran bios update found files that were extracted setup usb nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp G Hewlett-Packard BIOS Current nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp G nbsp is my usb drive powered on while holdin Win B nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - system hangs for a few seconds flashdrive starts to light up then nothing black screen with capslock flashing twice Envy 6-1019nr stuck on startup, no bios long pause flash twice nbsp Not sure where to go from here please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-6-1019nr-stuck-on-startup-no-bios/td-p/5663802
Relevancy 40.42%

Serial Number 5CD6107NZM  Product Number T1D62EA#ABU i am a little disappointed in boot up time which takes about 25 seconds. The main delay seems to be the time taken before the HP logo appears. It takes about 5 or 6 seconds before a message 'press esc key to enter startup menu' appears and then another few seconds before the HP logo. After that it is very quick.Is there any way to boot straight to the HP logo?Prior to buying this notebook I did buy one from Microsoft Store (decided to change because of larger SSD hard drive) and that notebook booted up in 1.1 seconds. I think it was called a Signature Edition of the Spectre x360 and apparently contained no bloatware although I'm not sure if that affected the boot time. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Boot-time-and-bios-startup-menu/td-p/5818534
Relevancy 40.42%

I got the message to update my BIOS. It was dated in May 2016. The latest on the website was August (8/11/2016). I updated it and the computer shows the new version but still says it needs to be updated and tried everytime on a reboot. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-Update-completed-but-still-get-message-on-startup/td-p/5819780
Relevancy 40.42%

Been having a bit of a downward spiral and just wondering if the motherboard is dead at this point I'll explain Was upgrading an ECS GF or bad both? startup hardware Windows woes: 7 BIOS, a to a Phenom II x processor I flashed the BIOS as required from their site to the latest BIOS to handle the CPU Ever since then it's been one issue after another It would hang and crash randomly to a white screen and after rebooting it would report a BCCode It also started dropping the Networking out going from connected to no network available and then crashing to white screen I checked device manager and there were no errors Windows 7 startup woes: bad BIOS, hardware or both? I decided Windows 7 startup woes: bad BIOS, hardware or both? to try a clean install of windows and had the same issues I started to wonder if the BIOS didn't flash correctly so I tried doing a restore to default from the BIOS with no effect I also tried clearing the CMOS using the jumper That turned out to be a really bad idea - I thought the machine was off it had no power or lights on but when I reset the CMOS and booted it back up it said that the settings had changed since it was in hibernation mode I immediately facepalmed my stupidness Now the machine boots to the Starting Windows screen then hangs and the graphics go nuts looking like an ' 's video game I tried using a Windows repair disk and even booting from that gets a junk screen So any ideas is the BIOS fried Hardware issue I can't provide much in the way of crash reports as I can't get much past the POST screen If the BIOS was bad I'd expect things to be worse I put the old CPU back in but haven't booted back up I wasted about hours on this already and right now am looking to throw in a new motherboard if that will fix things easily

A:Windows 7 startup woes: bad BIOS, hardware or both?

Try these bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html
I've seen a bad HDD show the same signs in a system also.
You can try this stuff to help rule out things:  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Can you get into the CMOS?  If so, check for any bad settings.  Maybe reset it to fail safe defaults (if it has such a setting).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612814/windows-7-startup-woes-bad-bios-hardware-or-both/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi could you please assist with resetting the password for HP Q57 Disabling code :79051221

A:HP Compaq Bios/Startup Password Reset

@Bnaidoo? Enter:     66939807 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Compaq-Bios-Startup-Password-Reset/td-p/5616819
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a desktop with Windows 8 upgraded to 8.1, I can enter the BIOS setup by pressing the DEL key only when the preceding shutdown is a complete shutdown (shutdown with fast startup turned off).

If the desktop is shutdown with fast startup turned on (incomplete shutdown), and Windows cannot be loaded during the subsequent starting. How can I enter the BIOS to select to boot from a USB stick?

A:How to enter BIOS when fast startup is turned on

Try this, Shutdown Windows if possible. Turn the power supply of the PC off and unplug it from the wall. Now press the case power button to drain it completely. Now plug it back in and turn it back on. Hopefully that kills any S1 or S3 state the motherboard was in and gets you a cold boot.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51064-how-enter-bios-when-fast-startup-turned.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have made a mistake and forced - flashed my gpu with the wrong bios. Now i have a black screen. Now what i am aiming at is a cd or usb that will force start-up boot and flash the bios automatically ? Hope anybody can help me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/force-startup-boot-to-flahs-gpu-bios-609517.html
Relevancy 40.42%

First off thank you startup. Blank on a monitor issue BIOS Might be for Blank monitor on startup. Might be a BIOS issue reading So my PC wasn t displaying anything on startup I swapped out the monitor which solved the issue and called it a night I come back the next morning and yet again Blank monitor on startup. Might be a BIOS issue the monitor is going blank soon after starting up I can t get passed the initial screen with white lettering The first error I received was quot Warning CPU has been changed or CPU ratio change failed Please re-enter CPU settings in the CMOS setup and remember to save before you quit quot Attempts to go past this with F or to enter Setup with the Del key were met with a blank screen So I pulled the CMOS battery let it sit for a few minutes and put it back in Now the error I get is quot CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded quot Yet again F and the Del key will only bring me to a blank screen I ve also tried resetting the CMOS jumper which leads to the same results The CMOS battery isn t dying - I ve tried swapping it with a new one and it didn t help anything I m running XP Pro SP nbsp

A:Blank monitor on startup. Might be a BIOS issue

Try the F2 key.

Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-monitor-on-startup-might-be-a-bios-issue.878516/
Relevancy 40.42%

hello (again.. ) I am trying to work on a Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop with Vista, in which when I power it up the "Dell BIOS revision 1.0.15 F2= Setup F12= Boot Menu " Screen appears and just stays there.. I try to enter safe mode, setup, Boot Menu, But nothing, just frozen. So Itried to reset the CMOS/BIOS by way of the jumpers, still frozen on the Screen.. So Then I tried popping the CMOS battery out and back in to clear it's memory. Still just frozen Dell Intro screen. Any Suggestions? Thanks

A:Solved: Stuck on bios startup screen

Ok what happened was somehow the BIOS is searching for a diskette floppy drive, so I waited it out and it gave me an option to continue or go into BIOS setup.. i went into setup and disabled the floppy option and drive, and viola, no more hold ups.. Thanks anyway if you happen to see this. i think It is resolved..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-stuck-on-bios-startup-screen.948442/