Windows Support Forum

Kids want to play with Xmas present!! Upgrade Slot 1 processor on Napoli motherboard

Q: Kids want to play with Xmas present!! Upgrade Slot 1 processor on Napoli motherboard

Here are the specs on my parents old computer:

eMonster | 600, 550, 500 and 500a
Napoli-2 Micro ATX (STX V1.2 form factor) motherboard, TriGem, Korea Single Edge Contact Cartridge design with Slot 1 connector Intel 443 ZX core and ITE8673F Super I/O controller
Add-on AGP 3D graphics accelerator slot Crystal CS4281/CS4280 built-in Sound Blaster Pro, MPC-3, MPU-401 compatible Audio Enhanced Stereo full duplex operation

I bought Zoo Tycoon 2 for the kids to use on their computer, and the processor need to be upgraded to at least 733mHz. I ordered a Slot 1 866 MHz Pentium processor through eBay and just tried it out in the computer, but my computer does not boot-nothing on the screen-no beep (to my recollection). The 600mHz processor had a fan and the 866mHz did not come with a fan.
Do I need a special processor for this motherboard? Or do I have a defective processor? And do I need to order a fan for whichever processor I reorder?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kids-want-to-play-with-xmas-present-upgrade-slot-1-processor-on-napoli-motherboard.40359/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Kids want to play with Xmas present!! Upgrade Slot 1 processor on Napoli motherboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 103.63%

my computer is doing somethiong very wierd, I just rebuilt it, and re-installed windows an all that stuff. whenever i put in a game cd of any kind, it pops up with an error message. "The procedure entry point GetQtartupInfoA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" than i click ok and it goes away, when i go and try any games this is what it says aside from one difference. The first file name is different. "GetQtartupInfoA" is just an example from the game XIII. All messages, no matter what game always say KERNEL32.dll at the end. Please help, I'm sad

Relevancy 79.12%

hi all im building a desktop pc for my parents for xmas I built my own pc years ago with no problems but i would xmas parents present for really like this one to go smoothly If you guys wouldn t mind checking out all my decisions seeing what I may or may not need you know what part looks better then all the rest or compatibility issues mobo http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E cpu http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E psu http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E gpu http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E hdd http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E dvd cd xmas present for parents drive http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId ram http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku O - thanks a ton I know i need fans and im all set with a monitor and peripherals nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Help, I'm feeling dumb. I currently have on ewireless computer in my home and also xbox live, they run off a linkys router and our internet service is through comcast. Yesterday 2 of my children received refurbished dell Latitude D610 laptops with windows XP installed, made several attempts to set up internet with no success, what am I missing?

A:xmas present gone wrong

Without any real information, I can't say.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless connection issues, have you removed all the stored wireless network profiles and then searched for the network?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On one of the new Del D610 computers, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xmas-present-gone-wrong.888477/
Relevancy 79.12%

When I pulled my heat sink off my motherboard, I got it off, however it also pulled off the processor, as well as the socket it was placed into on the motherboard. I am unable to get the processor separated from the slot it was in on the motherboard. The motherboard slot for the processor is no separate from each other and stuck to the Processor chip I have. Is there any way to separate the ship from the Motherboard socket slot, without the slot being attached to the motherboard? Any help would be awesome.

Relevancy 78.26%

I was dumb enough to loan my old compaq nc6000 laptop to an employee who needed one. What I got back was a laptop that has a prompt I have never seen that prohibits any actions:

It throws up a Power On Password followed by a graphic of a key. f10 does nothing. I am fine with loosing everything on there and reinstalling the OS, but getting past this Power On Password is my problem.

I have already promised this to my 5 year old for her first computer and time is ticking. Please help

Chris

Relevancy 78.26%

hey guys Ive been allowed to finally get a new comp for xmas im on a budget of £500 not good i know any ideas on what i can get thnx want it for playing games thnx ..

Relevancy 77.4%

UB Funkeys was a gift and will not install. When putting in the installation disc & going through the first couple of simple steps I get the following:

Hardware driver installation failed! This may have been caused by:
1) The U.B. hub was disconnected during installation process;
2) The U.B. hub is not functioning properly
Please exit the U.B. Funkey Installer, reboot your computer and then launch the U.B. Funkey Installer again.
If you still have problems with the installation process please call 800-803-9611 for additional assistance.
Anyway, I made sure everything USB port wise was unplugged, rebooted, and tried again. Didn't work.
Went to the website, it suggested the patch to fix problems... However, Driver Patch won't install itself, because U.B. Funkeys has to be installed first...?! Just awesome...

What should I do?? Please help.

Oh, and Happy Christmas!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ub-funkeys-installation-not-working-was-xmas-present-help.970553/
Relevancy 76.54%

Aomei Backuper.

Does everything you need. Image Drives/System/Partitions.

Full/Differential/Incremental.

Image mounting. Scheduling.

Creates Winpe recovery media - no need for WAIK/WADK download. Native 64 pe too.

Don't know how long it will be free. Worth getting it while you can.

Backuper

AOMEI's free data backup software for disk, partition, system and file backup & recovery for Windows Oss.

Here it is in 64 bit pe :

A:Xmas Present - FREE Drive Imaging program

Worth noting is that this "free" present requires you to put in your email address before they send you a link to download the software.

They claim it's free for personal as well as commmercial use and it works on Server based OS's too (Server 2008, 2008R2, and 2012).

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16371-xmas-present-free-drive-imaging-program.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My son has a which uses a 4X AGP slot, 512mb ram, directx 8.1, ME os, 300watt ps. He cannot play Everquest but can play Medal of Honor and Spearhead on it. He can however play Everquest using the onboard Graphics card which uses the T-Bird chipset integrating a 128-bit AGP Graphics Accelerator but cannot play Medal of Honor using the onboard. Now the really weird thing is I have the same motherboard but with a 1.4 athlon, 256mb and everything I just mentioned same card, etc, and it runs both games fine. We checked the memory and it is fine. We even replaced it just in case. I cannot find any difference in any settings between the 2 computers. What's up? Any suggestions?

A:M810LR motherboard, w/1.3 athlon processor, w/Geoforce2 Mx200 can't play Everquest

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/m810lr-motherboard-w-1-3-athlon-processor-w-geoforce2-mx200-cant-play-everquest.109967/
Relevancy 69.66%

OK I'm getting rid of my VIA motherboard & AMD 1.1 gig and getting an AMD XP1700 with an ECS motherboard, should I be able to throw this in the existing system with minimal problems ???

BTW I am also relpacing the Video and the memory.

P.S. I am running Win2K also

Relevancy 69.66%

I recently burned up my AMD gig processor and processor and upgrade motherboard just to get back up I replaced it with a megahertz AMD Duron I would now like to upgrade my motherboard and processor to motherboard and processor upgrade around gigs I want some speed back I m not a gamer and plan on new system w DVD -RW in to mos So I want to be economical around but at the same time don t want to skimp I have onboard sound and video and would like to use the Megs of SDram I have to save buying DDR memory If I can find an adaptable motherboard and processor upgrade using the existing hardware listed below will I need any other hardware Does anyone have any suggestions for the MB amp Pross replacements or the easiest way to upgrade Present specs Board SNC motherboard and processor upgrade EEH Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Megabytes Installed Memory Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK is Empty ATI All in Wonder Pro MB Graphics Card X Write X Rewrite X Read CDRW Drive X Max DVD-ROM Drive with Software Decoding PCI Ethernet Adapter Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live PCI Sound Card Thanks Bob nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

As of now my computer is a Systemax 1.4 AMD Athlon, 60 gig, gf4ti4600, sb audigy2 and 768 ram. I can feel my computer's age, although for the most part the hardware that I installed is fairly new.(All of which was installed by me) Point being that I want to upgrade my motherboard and processor, but I am not sure on how to go about doing that. Any tips and suggestions on what I need and should do will be appreciated. I want to do this mainly for games, as I feel that my processor just isnt cutting it anymore, and I dont exactly have the money for an alienware pc . Thanks for the help.

A:Motherboard/Processor upgrade help

Well at the least you are looking at a new CPU. Chances are you will need a new motherboard as well, but maybe not. Other things you may need to upgrade is the RAM and powersupply - but again maybe not.

Can you post you motherboard model, RAM type and speed(ie PC2100), and powersupply make and wattage. Also post any Systemax model number. You can find all this using Everest: http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3 - just note that you may want to look at the RAM visually to see if whats being reported is the correct info - you could have faster RAM running at a slower speed.

Also note that in most cases you will need to format and reinstall Windows when upgrading the motherboard due to the change of the motherboard chipset - its also just a good idea to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-processor-upgrade-help.281427/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello i have a dell xps 710 and i would like to upgrade the processor to an i5 but i know that the i5 processors use lga1155 and my current motherboard has lga775 connection. i know that to upgrade the processor i need to upgrade the mobo too but from doing a bit of research i found out that the xps 700 series use custom mobos. so my question is can i upgrade the motherboard (keeping other components not necessary but preferable) and keep the case because i really like the thing

Specs
Vista ultimate
nvidia 8800gtx
750 PSU
intel core 2 6420
4gb ddr2 667MHz ram

Relevancy 69.66%

I have a Hp xw8000 workstation that came preloaded with Windows xp Pro 32 bit OS and as far as I know a 32 bit processor is the most my motherboard can handle. Thus bring me to my question does anyone know if it is possible for me to get a 64 bit processor to run on the stock motherboard and if not is there a motherboard that would be a good substitute? The only exception is that there must be at least one AGP 4x slot and 6 RAM slots. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-or-processor-upgrade-help.850121/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi there , I need another 1261nr motherboard and am interested in the best upgrade for both motherboard and processor . Can you kindly link the best 1261nr motherboard and processor upgrade for my already disassembled 1261nr and also any important motherboard and processor installation info .. And if i do finally update can you recommend a large laptop replacement with good sound (speakers) Thank You so much for your help  Cheers Jono

A:1261nr motherboard and processor upgrade

Hi, Please check the following discussion:    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-G7-1261nr-Processor-Up... Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/1261nr-motherboard-and-processor-upgrade/td-p/5784564
Relevancy 68.8%

I am an avid computer gamer and my year old computer is starting to barely meet the minimum requirements of games coming out nowadays Only so much of counter-strike I can take I d like some eye candy haha I would like to determine if upgrading my processor and possibly mother board will get me to a point where I don t need to buy a whole new computer Current Specs Processor- Intel Core Duo E Ghz Codename Conroe Socket LGA FSB Bus Speed MHz Got this info from CPU-Z if more info about processor is needed I can give it Motherboard- Intel possibly motherboard? and to I'd upgrade like processor my DP LT Chipset is P G BIOS date is I went to the intel website I'd like to upgrade my processor and possibly motherboard? and tried to find a compatible processor for this motherboard that would put me at least over Ghz but it seems the best I could find is the quot Intel Core Extreme Processor X quot which is Ghz I m not sure that increasing to under Ghz is even worth the effort So I was hoping I could get some help with regards to finding out what is the best processor this motherboard can handle If the best is a mere Ghz some advice as to which new motherboard and processor combo to buy would be greatly appreciated If I left out any information that is needed please let me know I will get it to you ASAP Thanks in advance for the time and help nbsp

A:I'd like to upgrade my processor and possibly motherboard?

Hi fcKid,
what GPU are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/id-like-to-upgrade-my-processor-and-possibly-motherboard.148830/
Relevancy 68.8%

I got an Nvidia gs So I could run oblivion I can barely play on the lowest settings I have current drivers I have enough ram GB DDR I have a celeron ghz processor that could easily upgrade to pentium ghz This lag. Oblivion processor? Upgrade or motherboard would be my prefured option if it will help My mother board is a ASRock M A socket That may be too old not sure I would need a board with agp slot for my video card I did try overclocking a little with nvidea program detecting optimal settings that did help Oblivion lag. Upgrade motherboard or processor? a little heres my DXDiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name PRETTYRIVER Operating System Windows Professional Build Service Pack Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer VIA System Model M BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU Oblivion lag. Upgrade motherboard or processor? GHz GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINNT DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail Oblivion lag. Upgrade motherboard or processor? DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GS Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GS DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS A amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Default Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- A - CF- F- C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x E SubSys ID xA Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D ModeWMV B ModeWMV A Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run Its too big but heres relevent styff I think Any advice would be appreciated THANKS nbsp

A:Oblivion lag. Upgrade motherboard or processor?

Hello, HyperDrive! From my own experience, upgrading the processor can improve performance. I have read an article somewhere that stated that no matter how powerful your graphic card is, the processor speed will be the limiting factor of the performance. Therefore, the processor should be taken into consideration as well. I used to play Oblivion on a Celeron processor too, and the game lagged as heck! I then bought a new computer with a better graphic card and processor and the game ran quite smoothly. Anyway, I heard that it is difficult to upgrade the processor alone. I heard that you must upgrade the motherboard along with the processor, because each processor is specially made for a specific motherboard. I am not sure whether that is true, but you can ask other computer experts for more information.

When I played Oblivion on a Celeron processor, I found numerous tweaks for both the game and the graphic card driver that helped me to play Oblivion slightly smoothly. Here are the links to the tweak pages:

http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_1.html

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_6.html

In the NVIDIA control panel, I suggest you put the slider to the "Performance" point if you do not know how to use the advance settings. Only use the advance settings option if you know what you are doing!

I hope that the information that I have given you are beneficial in solving your problem. Good luck!

NOTE: According to my friends, Oblivion is a laggy game itself! A few of my friends have reported that even though his computer is the latest gaming rig available, Oblivion still ran laggy at a High graphics setting! For me, I always play Oblivion at the Medium graphics setting. I value performance over graphics!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-lag-upgrade-motherboard-or-processor.741544/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi!!!
I have a dell latitude c640 laptop ddr sdram, P4, 1.20GHz, HDD 30GB, L2 Cache 512 KB, and RAM 256 MB.
I need to remodel the laptop so that it can work with virtualization simulations & have atleast 4GB RAM. Can you kindly let me know the processor, motherboard, and specifications of other upgrades which will be compatible enough to enable me to reuse THIS very laptop just by upgrading it? Also let me know an approximate cost estimate.
I repeat kindly let me know the specifications of the above which will work with this series of laptop for virtualization simulations using Virtual Box, OpenvSwitch, Xen etc.

Thank You!!!

A:Processor & motherboard upgrade for my laptop

Laptops do not have standardized motherboards that will interchange. If and I stress IF there is a motherboard you can use as an upgrade, you would need to contact the manufacturer for the specific details. There is little to no way for anyone to know these details, outside manufacturing service department.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-motherboard-upgrade-for-my-laptop.195404/
Relevancy 68.8%

At the moment my kit stands at:

ECS KV1 Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+
Corsair Value Select 1GB PC3200 Non-ECC 184Pin CL3
Radeon x700 Series
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 Hard drive - 250 GB
Sony DVD RW DRU-810A
Sony CD-RW CRX230EE
WinTV-NOVA-T
Hiper Type R 580W
View Sonic VX924
Thermaltake Damier V5000A Black Series

I am looking at upgrading my motherboard/processor/memory only, have been looking at some motherboard bundles on Novatech.co.uk for around the £150-£200 mark but nothing really takes my fancy.

I've like something with a dual core processor, lots of USB ports (both externally and internally as I have two USB ports on the outside of my case) , firewire ports (again inside and out), and can support all my current hardware.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 68.8%

I just installed a ssd in my pc and thought about upgrading the motherboard & processor. This is what I have right now. ARK | Intel? Core
HIS HD 4850 iCooler IV Native HDMI 512MB(256bit) GDDR3 PCIe < Legacy Products < ?????????? ??????? < Products | ??????????? ????? HIS

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1156 - GA-P55M-UD2 (rev. 1.0) and I was thinking about this combo or similar for around $400.00 Intel Core i5-4670 Processor and ASUS Z87-A (SLI) Socket 1150 Haswell Motherboard Bundle at TigerDirect.com I know the board is an upgrade but, not sure about the cpu and I'd like to continue using my 4850 graphics card or, is the built in graphics in the processor a better choice? Any suggestions on another better, combo in the same price range and whether or not I should reuse my 4850 graphics card would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

A:Motherboard & processor upgrade questions

One thing you should know about the AMD HD-4x series cards is that AMD is not keeping up with video driver updates for Win8. I have a 4290 and am running Catalyst 13.1 "legacy" drivers -- and installing those in Win8 was a real chore.

IF you're planning on staying with Win7, you will OK video driver-wise; but, upgrading to Win8 will present video driver problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302647-motherboard-processor-upgrade-questions.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to upgrade the processor for an ABIT IP35-E Motherboard currently at Bios version 18. According to the owner's manual and the people at Intel, this board can handle a Core 2 Quad Q9550 LGA775 2.83 GHz. Right now it has a Core 2 Duo E4300 LGA775 1.80 Ghz.

When I install the new processor, the pc only powers on. No splash screen or boot up. With the old one in, it does run although it's slow. Hence the reason for the upgrade.

I can not get any support from ABIT so, I am not exactly sure if this is truley compatable as the manual and Intel indicate.

Can someone think of something I am missing? Perhaps a setting somewhere in the Bios to allow the new processor?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

A:Abit IPE35-E Motherboard Processor Upgrade

the cpu support sheet for that model says that it works with bios version 15. i would think an updated bios version would carry over support but there is a slight possibility that it does. i would first look into your power supply to see if it is big enough. you are jump to a much large cpu that probably is pulling more watts so post the make and model of that so we can check. also post any peripherals that you have such as video cards or sound cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/abit-ipe35-e-motherboard-processor-upgrade.998433/
Relevancy 67.94%

Question in English :I have an HP Pavilion g6 with a motherboard Hewlett -Packard in 1849 with an AMD A4-4300M APU with Radeon HDgraphics processor ( Socket trinity FP2 ( 827 ) . I want to upgrade the processor, which is the best compatibleprocessor for this pc ? Thanks   A mesma pergunta em Portugues:Tenho um HP Pavilion g6 com uma motherboard Hewlett-Packard 1849 com um processador AMD A4-4300M APU with Radeon HD graphics (trinity Socket FP2(827). Pretendo fazer um upgrade no processador, qual é o melhor processador compativel para este pc? Obrigado

A:Upgrade processor in my HP Pavilion g6, motherboard: Hewlett...

Hi, What is your g6 ? On many g6 AMD APU computers, you can't upgrade CPU without buying new motherboard. Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-processor-in-my-HP-Pavilion-g6-motherboard-Hewlett/td-p/5767775
Relevancy 67.94%

Can I use Intel Core i3-3220 (3rd Gen) Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 55W Intel HD Graphics 2500 for my aio pc Omni 1020 120 pc?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Processor-upgrade-for-Sandy-bridge-motherboard/td-p/5796489
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Dell Vostro Mini Tower and it currently has the Intel Pentium E processor I would like to upgrade to something better because my current processor does not meet the minimum requirements of some games I would like to play I was wondering which processors I could upgrade to I know that the new processor has to fit the socket on the motherboard but I don t know how to find out what socket my current motherboard has or even what motherboard it is I would also like to know if I don t upgrade the processor but instead get a new motherboard can I get any motherboard and plug it in and will it come with a new processor or will it have to Mini on or 230 processor Dell Vostro Upgrade Tower motherboard fit Upgrade processor or motherboard on Dell Vostro 230 Mini Tower my Upgrade processor or motherboard on Dell Vostro 230 Mini Tower current processor Does upgrading the motherboard make much difference to the CPU speeds if I don t actually upgrade the processor I am running Windows amp SP DirectX with GB RAM and i also have an ATI Radeon HD Graphics Card and a W power supply nbsp Would I need to get a new power supply if I upgraded the motherboard or processor nbsp

A:Upgrade processor or motherboard on Dell Vostro 230 Mini Tower

Hi,
I have mentioned list of processors which are also compatible with Vostro 230 mini tower.

Number

Code Name

Cache

Clock Speed

Front Side Bus

Q9650

Yorkfield

12 MB

3.00 GHz

1333 MHz

Q9550

Yorkfield

12 MB

2.83 GHz

1333 MHz

Q8400

Yorkfield

4 MB

2.66 GHz

1333 MHz

Q8300

Yorkfield

4 MB

2.50 GHz

1333 MHz

E8600

Wolfdale

6 MB

3.33 GHz

1333 MHz

E8500

Wolfdale

6 MB

3.16 GHz

1333 MHz

E8400

Wolfdale

6 MB

3.00 GHz

1333 MHz

E7600

Wolfdale

3 MB

3.06 GHz

1066 MHz

E7500

Wolfdale

3 MB

2.93 GHz

1066 MHz

E6300

Wolfdale

2 MB

2.80 GHz

1066 MHz

E5400

Wolfdale

2 MB

2.70 GHz

800 MHz

E5300

Wolfdale

2 MB

2.60 GHz

800 MHz

Celeron

512 KB

2.20 GHz

800 MHz

Vostro 230/230s has been tested with Intel G41 chipset (Motherboard) with ICH07 only. Motherboard and processor are two different components. I would suggest you to upgrade the processor. Please reply for further assistance. Thanks & Regards Manshu S #iworkfordell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19476163
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi As the title gives you an idea the kids have been playing on the system I have little idea what they have been upto but something isn t right We have a two system network with router and network printer The kids have been at play on the XP machine and I have been working on the win machine It is the XP machine that is causing concen They tell me it play! been Kids at have wouldn t connect Kids have been at play! to Kids have been at play! the correct internet sites and then won t allow access to microsoft update site Final straw was when I thought I d run Kaspersky the on line version it won t authenticate the digital signature It Kids have been at play! refers to a Java problem yet on checking Java it appears to be ok As you can tell we re in a bit pf a pickle Could you please help to unpickle ourselves regards Anna Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Samsung Network Printer Utilities SyncThru Web Admin Service SWAS exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDO... Read more

A:Kids have been at play!

Hi All, I thought I’d let you know I have made some progress. I have managed to update, McAfee antivirus know able to surf to the correct named web sites.
I’ve used a combination of Malaware, Spybot, Ad-Aware and a program called SuperAntispyware to get thus far.

Comments:
Having now read more about HJKscripts now I see there are several R1 links which take me to either msn, live.com or McAfee search. I can’t ever remember seeing either a live.com or a McAfee search before.
Under the 02 section there are two files without names the first ending 5760 doesn’t appear to be related to anything I can find on the web and the second ending D8A21 appear to be part of McAfee. All highly fascinating, unless they explain the Java issue which I had at the very start of this trial.

Question:
I have been busy methodically going through the following processes and have banned the kids for the moment from touching either machines.
One important question: Do need to ask is do I need to run Hijack on the second machine and produce both a separate log and request for help. The other machine runs win98. Will hijack run on it?

Process:
So as far as the original XP machine is concerned.
I have completed the following exercise:
Down loaded SDFix then rebooted into safe mode.
Logged in as Administrator
Ran SDFix in safe mode. Only item of interest was a note which said restoring default security values and host files……
The system rebooted after a very long wait and SDFix reported a file found in C:\windows\sysstem32\aitutzywsd.exe which was promptly deleted.
Downloaded Combofix and ran it went through all 41 stages…
Ran ATF Cleaner and CC Cleaner.
Ran Malawarebyte’s AntiMalaware and found it now was able to update itself.
Ran Full system scan using Malaware AntiMalaware. It found the following 2 files both named Trojan.DNS changer. These were removed and the system rebooted.
Was now able to update both Spybot and Ad-Aware.
Ran Spyboot which found 12 cookies – all deleted.
Reran SDFix nothing found.
Reran Malaware with update in quick scan mode nothing found.
Ran full system check with McAfee nothing found.
Ran Ad-Aware which found three cookies named, “adopt.euroclick”, “bs.serving-sys2” and “serving-sys” which I removed.
Still highly sceptical that we are clean!
Downloaded SuperAntispyware and ran a full system scan in safe mode.
Rebooted into normal mode and ran both ATF Cleaner and then SuperAntiSpyware.
I thought I had was clear, but thought I’d go back to my nemesis Kaspersky’s free system scan.
Kaspersky failed to start.
It displayed the error: Invalid Signature and a security warning which read as follows,” The application’s digital signature has failed. Do you want to run this program? I originally said cancel and the Kaspersky session ended abruptly. On retrying I took the other option “run” to which Windows Explorer announced a Java applet failure go on line to use this program.
I rechecked at Sun.com and I appear to have the most recent Java 1.6.0_12.
Checking Kaspersky forum it suggests removing all versions of Java. Before I proceed, I checked the following Java Control panel.
It informs me with the following message:
=> MainApplet.MainApplet <=
=> MainApplet.init <=
=> MainApplet.start <=
Exception in thread "thread applet-com.kaspersky.kosp.MainApplet.class-2" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.kaspersky.kosp.common.Common
at com.kaspersky.kosp.MainApplet.start(MainApplet.java:91)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
=> ReportApplet.ReportApplet <=
=> ReportApplet.start <=
ReportApplet.init <=

I assumed from this something has either damaged the link to the file rather than the actual file itself? Checking with Kaspersky’s FAQ’s it may be that I a have a problem with Java and they certainly mention I shouldn’t need older copies of the program.
... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kids-have-been-at-play.809958/
Relevancy 61.92%

was and..... [SOLVED] for a Windows disc Xmas upgrade 7 Received wondering if you guys recommend I simply upgrade or do a clean install I know the benefits of a clean install but the problem is that it would take quite awhile to back up everything as I don't have an external HD Doing the disc swapping thingy is just too cumbersome since I have around gb of stuff to save I would prefer a clean install and was wondering if it's really worth it over upgrading I've read online that there's not thatmuch difference in performance Yes boot times and programs will launch faster but is it worth my saving [SOLVED] Received a Windows 7 upgrade disc for Xmas and..... all my stuff to dvd-r's Is there a free program anyone knows about that could just save my settings I don't really want to go looking for installation [SOLVED] Received a Windows 7 upgrade disc for Xmas and..... discs around the home because God knows where they are I've see a program online called quot NikSaver quot Is it worth the money or is there something similar that will do the same thing for free Worse case scenario I'll only copy the important stuff and write down all of my bookmarks from Firefox etc Which route should I take

A:[SOLVED] Received a Windows 7 upgrade disc for Xmas and.....

Clean install. There may be some bad/ extraneous baggage you don't want following you from Vista.

You can only back up personal profile folder files -
- Music
- Docs
- Pics
- Favorites
- etc...

You'll need to reinstall apps.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-received-a-windows-7-upgrade-disc-for-xmas-and-539234.html
Relevancy 59.34%

i can't install itunes on my computer it says"windows cannot access the specified device path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"HELPModerator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:I Can't Play With My Christmas Present

You need to use an administrator level account to install the software.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76101/i-cant-play-with-my-christmas-present/
Relevancy 59.34%

How do i find out which one i have?
My mobo is:0JC474 made by dell
and i have an intel i95p/i95g chipset

A:Processor slot?

If that is the motherboard that is in the CPU in your profile, it is definitely socket 478. Because the only Pentium 4 that comes in 3.06 ghz is a Northwood I believe, that runs on a 533 mhz FSB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-slot.59031/
Relevancy 59.34%

i have an old slot1 processor in my tekram mobo (http://www.tekram.com/Hot_Products.asp?Product=P6B40-A4X ). i found a site ( http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=CPU#Slot 1 CPU's (Celeron/P2/P3) ) that sells them, yeah i didnt even know they were sold anywhere anymore. anyways, my question is how do i remove the current processor? I tried to do it once but it seems to be stuck. it looks like theres a black restrainer type thing on either side of the processor, which the fan is attached to, i think.. anyone know how to remove it?

A:slot 1 processor

There is a locking mechanism on each side, some slip upward to unlock, some downward. Once you unlock the mechanism the processor should pull right out

I believe it should be down to unlock, but it's been awhile

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slot-1-processor.121096/
Relevancy 59.34%

Anyone know where i can pick up a SLOT 1 pentium 3 500 mhz processor? Thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

Asus K8S-MX SiS760GX w/Audio, Video, LAN, SATA-RAID, DDR400 (Socket 754) $79.95 Cnd (~0.8 US)

AMD Sempron 2600+ (1.60 GHz, Socket 754) 128k L2 Cache, AMD64 Support (Retail) $78.95 Cnd

What I'm thinking is that I can use the PCI-E/AGP feature because they now have a GeForce FX5200 and I have a 6600GT PCI-E. I want to upgrade in about 6-8 months to a 7800GT. So for now they can have the above upgrade with the 5200 and when I upgrade they can have my 6600GT PCI-E.

currently their mobo is a ASUS A7A266 with a Athlon (circa:2001) Not much I can do with this. It's AGPX4 socket A.

My only other idea was: ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 PCI-E/AGP.
BUT!!!! now I need a 939 CPU....cash cash cash. Sempron 3000 =$194 Cnd.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers

A:Would you buy this? (an upgrade for my kids PC)

Sorry but I got no response so this is a selfish bump.
Does this look like a reasonable option or does someone have a much better idea. :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-you-buy-this-an-upgrade-for-my-kids-pc.44973/
Relevancy 58.48%

OK here goes.
1. Can you install a processor running at 133 FSB in a 100 FSB?
2. Is there such a thing as a adaptor to use a Xeon Processor in a standard slot one ?
3.Does anyone know how fast I can go with a processor in my board? I have dual P3 500 with 512K on a 100 FSB. I found the board will read a 600, and I am wondering if I could go with say a 950 or a one gig, but the ones that run on the 100 FSB with 512 K are hard to find it seems.
Anyhelp with any of these issues would be great.

A:Slot 1 processor questions

1- no its to fast for the front side buss to handle
2-no difrent configuration of pins/ cartradge
3-dunno lol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slot-1-processor-questions.335889/
Relevancy 58.05%

Anyone have a compatibility list with the ibm 300pl
system board d3xkonwxwml

According to ibm the system should go up to a PIII1000 with the last bios update but it makes no mention of celeron.

Anyway I bought an FCPGA to slot one converter (so I thought according to the seller).
The slot adapter is a pc100 cpu card rev1.3a

So I ended up trying to update this PII 350mhz IBM 300pl I have laying around with a celeron 766mhz (it has to be slightly faster than the PII)

It wouldn't post at all. I tried an old Celeron 500 and it pops right up but says missing cpu update code. I updated the bios to the last one I could find (2001) and I still get that error and I still can't get the celeron 766mhz chip to work.

Thanx for any help or insight.
Ryan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-6862-24u-300pl-w-agp-slot-what-processor.200789/
Relevancy 57.62%

I want to move my present HD to a new motherboard, but in the past I've had trouble with lockups and such. Was wondering if there's certain things that need to be done prior to the move. Such as installing the chipset drivers of the new board,deleting video card drivers, or anything else that might make this work smoothly.

A:problems with moving present HD to new motherboard

It generally does not go smoothly.
Drivers are a big issue.

You will probably be better off with a clean install on the new drive and then transfering your data from the old one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-moving-present-hd-to-new-motherboard.207137/
Relevancy 56.33%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal The exact Error that s provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last Collaborative are for Power Processor Controls disabled Processor upgrade after one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb NOTE my laptop has an Nvidia GeForce m Chip as well but it did not detect that for some reason Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC N JN Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Have not had time to get antiviral software yet So is there Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade anything i can do or do i just have to wait and see if Asus pushes out an update thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade.1152536/
Relevancy 56.33%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power for Power disabled Collaborative Processor Controls after upgrade are Processor was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal I went into event viewer to see if there was any ACPI Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error's listed and this came up The exact Error that's provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Asustek N JN-MH Notebook Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Core Thread Ram GB MB Video Intel Onboard MB Nvidia GeForce m OS Windows Home Upgraded from Windows So is there anything that i can do or do i just have to wait for asus to publish a new Firmware Update even though it's probably likely they won't Thanks in advance guys

A:Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if this finds any new drivers:

Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade-1025010.html
Relevancy 55.9%

i wanted to upgrade my Intel Clereon(R) cpu for my socket 478 Asus P4S800-MX MB and i know it can take a P4 and with 800 FSB, they can go up to 3.6GHz but its very rare to find so i have no option but to toss it along with my old cpu and my ram, but here comes the problem.

i have an AGP 256MB shader3.0 directx 9.0c video card that i bought recently and im afraid i cant afford to buy a new one besides buying all these stuff. so i wonder if they are still making new mainboards with AGP slots or can i find a motherboard that supports new cpu's and DDR2/3 memory with AGP slots? thanx in advance.

Relevancy 55.9%

I have an old Slot 1 Pentium III 550 CPU with a dead motherboard. I have the opportunity to get a Gigabyte GA-6BXE motherboard, however I am not sure whether it is compatible with my CPU.

Relevancy 55.9%

I was going to buy a new computer for gaming because i have an intergrated graphics card. I was recently looking at my mother board and i think i might have a agp slot but i'm just not 100% sure, could you guys tell me whether i have one or not please! I am attaching a picture of my mother board, i think it's the little brown slot above the three white ones!

A:Does my motherboard have an AGP slot ?

hey dude
as far as i knw it is a AGP slot....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-my-motherboard-have-an-agp-slot.109272/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have just purchased a new network adapter and it needs a PCI slot to plug in to. My motherboard only has 1 PCI slot and it is being used by the Sound Card. I have just spent over £100 on this motherboard so i dont want to buy a new one. Does anyone know of any adapters that could allow me to add more PCI slots to my motherboard ?

Relevancy 55.9%

I recently bought an AGP graphics card. However, my motherboard does not have an AGP slot but it comes with 4 PCI slots. I hope to know if there are ways to add an AGP slot to my motherboard as I hope to use the AGP graphics card.

A:Motherboard with no AGP slot

Sorry, no way to add one, it is built into the motherboard per say. You will need to get a pci card or a new motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-with-no-agp-slot.49676/
Relevancy 55.47%

How do I assign a specific IRQ number to a specific PCI slot on Windows XP Pro 32 Bit system? From what I understand ACPI needs to be disabled, preferably by way of F5 during fresh XP Install.. After this is done, do I still require a motherboard that has a setting to manually set IRQ number in it's BIOS? If so does anyone know a Socket 1155 Motherboard with this feature?

A:Need to manually set PCI Slot 2 to IRQ 10.. Best Motherboard?

Worth reading, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314068 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473395/need-to-manually-set-pci-slot-2-to-irq-10-best-motherboard/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello This is my first P7P55D X16 slot Motherboard post on TECHSPOT and it seems like there is a good community here I have a P P D LE from Asus with an Intel Core i GHz or a Bclk of The board has xPCI-E with one at x My Graphics card Nvidia will only work on the x slot Probably because the board is an ATI CrossFire not an NVIDIA SLI I have decided from looking at task manager s graphs that my Nvidia N GT MD is slowing the system down because even at FPS no O C my CPU uses no more than - I have to make the computer use X16 slot P7P55D Motherboard the CPU more The conclusions that I X16 slot P7P55D Motherboard have to make are either a the graphic card is crap b an overclock is crap c or the PCI-E x that I am using is crap I myself prefer C So I have to move the card Why won t it work in the primary slot that is closer to the CPU Is there a jumper or something Is it something to do with the card being biased to ATI Crossfire If anyone can solve this it will be a huge help Thankyou johnni nbsp

A:X16 slot P7P55D Motherboard

RMA the board.
The Video card should be auto-detected once it's inserted in the PCIe x16 slot.
Unfortunately for Asus this seems to be a significant cause of returns for their boards ( a quick example here -note the first two reviews)
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
I presume you have disabled (or the boards BIOS has disabled) the IGP for the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x16-slot-p7p55d-motherboard.146570/
Relevancy 55.47%

I inherited a computer that I find has no AGP slot on the motherboard I m fairly sure I read about installing one on the PCI slot The motherboard has a PCI and a ISA slot I want to put an inexpensive videocard on it to allow it to play some games Rogue Spear Rainbow Six etc with a bit more speed resolution detail and later use it as a client for a LAN with a much better computer for multiplayer gaming Anyone know anything about this problem Please don t tell me it isn t worth the money I have already considered that issue which is why I am going to build a new computer as my primary gaming AGP on motherboard Installing slot machine but you can comment on costs or how much improvement you think it will add This is not meant to run state of the art games which require a faster cpu anyway it is to run older games - years better I am not easily bored by games I like and tend to play them forever Thank you yamaraion nbsp

A:Installing AGP slot on motherboard

Can an AGP slot be added? Search feature is your friend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-agp-slot-on-motherboard.2717/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok, I Was Planning To Upgrade My Computer, So I Am Thinking Of Buying A Core 2 Quad Q6600/Q8200 And I Would Need A New Motherboard, Because My Motherboard Is Very Out Of Date Nowadays.

So I Would Need It To Be:-

Able To Support Core 2 Quad Q6600/Q8200
Have 1/2 (pref 2) PCI Express x16 Slots
Have 1/2 PCI Express x1 Slots
Have 2/3 PCI Slots.
4 Memory (Ram) DDR/DDR2/DDR3 Slots
UNLESS THERE IS A BETTER SLOT CONFIGURATION.
And The Rest I Am Not Totally Sure About. I'm Guessing Something Like The MS-7255 (Which I Have Now).

Thanks, I'll Give Any Info You Want.

Jack Sparham

Relevancy 55.47%

i have a compaq presario (p4 1.4 Ghz , 128 mb ram ,a nvidia vanta/vanta lt 16 mb video card) . i do not know wheather my motherboard supports a AGP slot or not . so how can i know this.

A:how can i know wheather my motherboard has AGP slot

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

what you need to do is open the case and take a look at the motherboard. On the board there are a series of black and/or white slots (some may or may not have cards attached to them). at the very top there will be a slot that is off center from the other slots. This is the AGP slot.

Although I'm pretty sure with you already having a Nvidia card on your machine it has an AGP slot.

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-know-wheather-my-motherboard-has-agp-slot.130682/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone I ve had a problem lately with my PC suddenly losing power It then tries to start up again for a second but then loses power A second later it tries to boot again then on Power slot motherboard. problem turns off again The case fans spin each time Only the CPU fan doesn t go The GPu lights up too I ve had success fixing it by either wiggling the ATX connector or unplugging it and plugging it back in but that didn t work this time I think I ve narrowed it down to the slot where the main PSU cord plugs into my motherboard I had pretty much everything else unplugged and it was failing to start up Then I put my old PSU in and it worked right away After that I put my normal PSU back in and it worked right away after that I think there s something wrong with the slot because I noticed one of the pins don t look right compared to the rest Here s a pic Sorry if its hard to tell but that indicated pin looks different I m assuming that as the parts heat up that it loses connection or something Is this one pin something I can clean somehow I don t know why switching PSU s then switching back made it work again nbsp

A:Power slot problem on motherboard.

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-slot-problem-on-motherboard.1142619/
Relevancy 54.61%

Does anyone know of any board that will do this? like the Asrock one? which is out of stock everywhere.

or know of anywhere i can find an asrock?

here is a link to the asrock of which i speak

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157097

A:Looking for a Motherboard that will support 939 socket, DDR ram, and has an AGP slot

I found one. All I can say is good choice of motherboards, ASRock America is in essense ASUS.

http://www.pcplanetsystems.com/abc/product_details.php?category_id=114&item_id=1911

Sorry about the high price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-motherboard-that-will-support-939-socket-ddr-ram-and-has-an-agp-slot.75957/
Relevancy 54.61%

EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i

Does this motherboard have a slot/support for a 2.0 PCI-E x16 slot? This is such a lame question, but thanks for your help.

Relevancy 54.61%

I ve bought a Port Multiplier Sonnet Tempo E P card for my XP Pro PC bit but i m having problems with installing the driver for it I ve managed to install the card on a friend s bit Windows pc with no problems and have also installed it on another of my bit XP pc s by putting the card in the only PCIe slot usually inhabited by the graphics card and running on the onboard graphics Both no good to me but second Asus in Help PCIe with motherboard P5n-e SLI slot at least i know the card is not at fault The motherboard i m Help with second PCIe slot in Asus P5n-e SLI motherboard trying to get the card installed on is the ASUS P n-e SLI which has two PCIe slots - one of them currently being used for a GPU Apparently if i m using both slots then i must always use the top slot for the GPU which i am so i ve been trying to install the Sonnet card on the other slot When i try to load the driver i always get the message that the specified location does not contain information about your hardware Power is getting to the card and the computer recognises that the card is there Do i have a faulty second PCIe slot or do i need to uninstall something else before installing the card like the onboard RAID controller help Chris nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-second-pcie-slot-in-asus-p5n-e-sli-motherboard.1010662/
Relevancy 54.61%

When I get one computer working another one has to stop working Last year I wanted to build a computer using very out-dated computer parts except the keyboard mouse and monitor I installed Windows SE amp Windows Everything was working until about a month ago For some strange reason all a sudden I m getting a floppy error even if the floppy is disconected and a quot Keyboard locked - Unlock key switch quot error I cant get into the BIOS or boot to windows because the keyboard is locked and the computer freezes If Solved: Gateway 1 Slot motherboard I unplug the keyboard I can start Win k because it s the default OS I plug the keyboard in after windows starts but the keyboard doesn t respond The mouse moves but cant click What s strange is a couple hours before I had these problems I was reading about how computers used to have switches to lock the keyboard and mouse System Specs Gateway E motherboard Slot PIII processor MB PC RAM GB IDE hard drive MB graphics card PCI Soundblaster ISA card nbsp

A:Solved: Slot 1 Gateway motherboard

I still have an old Gateway slot 1 machine I keep around to play with from time to time.

The 1st thing I would try is to remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes so BIOS will reset. If you can access BIOS after it resets set the time and choose the default BIOS configuration, save and exit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slot-1-gateway-motherboard.904562/
Relevancy 54.61%

Ok here my problem. The agp slot is spinning the fan on my ti200 fine but there is no video when i plug it it. Nadda its not the monitor or the card beacuse ive tryed differnet ones. Ive checked all my jumpers and have seen no conflict. I just installed a new athlon 2400+
i have a http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/soc...8x/overview.htm A7V8x-x based on the via-400 chipset. anyway i had everything pluged in bare bones Video card(geforce ti 4200 4x) 3 2100 Ram piecies (i later tryed it with one in one slot)
Is there any reason or way i could fix the video so it displays' thanks

Relevancy 54.61%

I am playing with the idea of getting a new Video Card just because the one I have is old. I was looking at my MB. I have two PCIE 16X slots. One of them is black and one is blue. My current card is in a blue one. 90% of the slots are blue so the black one leads me to believe it would be faster. There is nothing in my manual to give me any info and I saw nothing on the MB to indicate anything. Anyone have any idea why one is black and one is blue? Thanks

A:Motherboard Slot for Video Card Help

Use the top slot closest to the cpu

Post a link to your board.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/336786-motherboard-slot-video-card-help.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a desktop that has a lot of internal drives floppy DVD-Rom CD-RW Zip HDD I bought a nd HDD but I ran out of IDE connectors for the nd HDD I bought an Adaptec PCI Controller card to connect the HDD s and I am connecting card PCI Motherboard IDE with slot Controller the ZIP drive to the primary IDE slot on the motherboard as the master I have to set the jumpers on the HDD s to Master and Slave since the adaptec PCI card doesn t support cable select The Zip is using the primary IDE slot with the master connector When I try to boot up it won t recognize the PCI controller with the HDD s I get a BLUE SCREEN error message that says to remove any new drives and check with fdisk The instructions PCI Controller card with Motherboard IDE slot say to install the card before installing any drivers which seems odd since the HDD with the OS is connected the the new hardware device Should I install the drivers first then install the PCI card Is this setup viable Can I use the motherboard s primary IDE connector for the ZIP and the PCI card for the HDDs or is there some conflict with using the primary IDE slots for the motherboard and the PCI card The other option is to get an external HDD case and use the nd HDD that way but I d like everything to be internal if I can If I can t do this then I ll return the PCI card to the store and just disable the internal ZIP drive nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello. Recently i took apart an old computer with AT motherboard (manufactured by Intel), and i found a strange slot, named PBSCON and five pins with label IR1 near. I guess IR pins are for infrared connection, but i couldn't find any information about this. Can someone explain what are they used for? Photos of them are attached

A:Strange card slot in motherboard and IR pins

Appears to be a "Cache on a Stick" slot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cache_on_a_stick

Ir port on computers: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_infrared_port_for_laptop_computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-card-slot-in-motherboard-and-ir-pins.900855/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
I have an asus p8z77-V motherboard and the first (blue) pcislot died. I tried moving my video card to the secomd slot but computer rarely boots successfully. The user manual says the board van not run a single card in the second slot, however I have booted my pc and ran it with no problems for a few days but it takes a few tries resetting it before it will boot. It gets stuck looking at the first slot most of the time. Since I have seen it is capable of running with the card in this slot I am wondering if there is a way to trick the board or a setting in the bios to make the board check the second slot first so it will boot everytime.
thankyou for your help

A:motherboard won`t read video card in second pci slot

There may be an option in BIOS to set the preferred port for gpu. Try to find it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/371156-motherboard-won-t-read-video-card-second-pci-slot.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

I hope this finds you well.

Yesterday I got a new 22" monitor for my desktop PC but as I only have a VIA/S3G Unichrome IPG graphics card I am unable to set the proper resolution for the new monitor.

I thought this would be fixed by getting a new graphics card so today I purchased a GeForce 9500GT only to find that it doesn't seem to slot into my motherboard. I fear I may have to return both the graphics card and monitor to the shop!

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? My motherboard is a KM400 8235.

Thanks for your time...and happy new year!

A:I can't seem to find a slot on my motherboard for my new graphics card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-seem-to-find-a-slot-on-my-motherboard-for-my-new-graphics-card.785267/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi First the question Is there any diagnostic software available to let me know whether my PCIe slot is working Just thought maybe someone here might be able to answer P z -v motherboard for i k HD gpus I used to run Crossfire in Windows Worked great I pulled a card and let someone else use it for awhile software available? diagnostic Motherboard for slot there Is PCIe I tried to install it Is there Motherboard diagnostic software for PCIe slot available? again and now I can't get crossfire to work Since then I have upgraded to win Tried each card individually in the x slot Both Is there Motherboard diagnostic software for PCIe slot available? video Is there Motherboard diagnostic software for PCIe slot available? cards work Tried each card individually in the x slot All I get is a black screen i can't try the x slot my cards are too thick amp the PSU gets in the way enabled crossfire using my iGPU amp HD and it worked when I install both cards I do not get an option to enable crossfire MSI afterburner GPUz and windows does not show that I have graphics cards installed My fans for the nd gpu is working I uninstalled AMD drivers using the AMD driver uninstaller Re-booted Then installed the most up to date drivers available for my graphics card Tried this a couple different times Once with each card installed in the st pcie slot I have done searches but every post says quot try this or try that quot none answer the question of Is there any diagnostic program to tell me for sure that the pcie slot is not working

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58183-there-motherboard-diagnostic-software-pcie-slot-available.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

I have a HDMI cable for my monitor, with a nvidia graphic card...

but now I have a big doubt, I dont know if my motherboard's graphic card's imput is not working anymore or if its my graphic's card after a FLASHY BLACKOUT today...

my nvidia control panel is not working anymore... whenever I try using VGA or HDMI with my graphic card it doesnt show any sign in the screen... so im currently using my normal VGA motherboard's imput...

I tried using an old graphic card and its not working, I tested the VGA cable and HDMI cable and they are working perfectly...

yet, after I set the graphic card in the slot, the fan it start working, if I unplug the graphic card but leave the curent cable, it doesnt start the fan so I guess the motherboard's imput is working

so idk what's the problem here, I have all the drivers and everythign was working perfectly before the blackout

A:Broken motherboard slot or graphic card

Well... its too late and soon for expect an answer but...

I tested my graphic card in an old motherboard and it was working... it didnt load windows cuz of the diferent motherboard but connecting my VGA in my gpu worked, and the HMDI didnt work I guess because it need to be configured after windows loading etc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-motherboard-slot-or-graphic-card.212639/
Relevancy 53.75%

How Can I upgrade BIOS without an OS installed or Floppy present?

A:How Can I upgrade BIOS without an OS installed or Floppy present?

Most BIOS's will now allow flash upgrades from a FAT formated USB stick/drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-upgrade-bios-without-an-os-installed-or-floppy-present.840154/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

I was looking at upgrading my current system (specs below) but ive found out that the CPU/Ram alone would be in excess of what it would cost me to get a new cpu/mobo/ram combo.

What is the fastest at the moment? The AMD chips (AM2) or Intel Core 2 DUO (Unsure of the socket names)
What would be a comparative system to what i have now? I would prefer to continue using an NVIDIA mobo chipset if at all possible. Can anyone shed some light please

A:Fastest at present - AMD or Intel - Upgrade checklist

Hi!

AMD and Intel have similar models in the market, there is no real difference in speeds. For each model of one company there is an equal to it from the other. Well, at least on the casual models. At the most "exotic" models Intel is a little step ahead but AMD will soon launch their new "Barchelona" code named chips.

However I would go with Intel (The socket their CPUs use is called LGA775) as you can get right away a quad core proccessor or you can upgrade to it later without changing your ram or motherboard. AMD will launch a quad core platform later but it will require two dual core chips, not one quad core. Also most Intel chips perform better while clocked lower so you figure out that their thermal behaviour and overclocking potential are better.

On the other hand AMD's prices are a lot lower for almost every chip. You can get a powerfull CPU on bargain price. For example in my country you can get an Athlon64 X2 4600+(Dual Core) about 98Euros! Intel's suggestion in the same "horsepower" is the Core 2 Duo E6320 priced around 170Euros...So you can get the picture.

Last thing: You own an Opteron which is AMD server CPU suggestion. If you run a server you can get an Intel Xeon,newer AMD Opteron or the Intel Core 2 Quad. Since I'm not familiar with the server market I can't suggest anything here.

As for the NVidia chipset you can get NForce 680 (or older) based platforms which exist for both Intel and AMD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fastest-at-present-amd-or-intel-upgrade-checklist.590840/
Relevancy 53.32%

First of all I guess I should list my system Ghz Dual Core AMD ASRock N PV-GS - MOBO ASUS EAH GB - PCI-E Graphics GB DDR - w PSU Windows Ultimate -Bit OS error... or problems PCI-E slot card graphics Motherboard I think that s everything that is relevent if Motherboard or graphics card error... PCI-E slot problems anything else will help please don t hesitate to ask and I will add information as needed Secondly THIS SYSTEM DID WORK I can t remember exactly when it all went wrong and as I hadn t been gaming for months it was a kind of irrelevent Motherboard or graphics card error... PCI-E slot problems problem when I did a format PC Just got clogged and so this was the easy option and my graphics card didn t display a picture on my monitor I just took it out and used the Onboard crappy graphics I am now faced with a dilemma SOMETHING isn t right my PC without Graphics card installed just would not progress past the BIOS screen failing to load drive information etc Even when I took off everything and tried to boot the board with no other devices present First I naturally changed the PSU Luckily I had another exactly the same model etc and the same problem existed So annoyed I rifled through my older PC bits n bobs and built up an old Ghz system with AGP grapics but after realising that with only GB of DDR it was as useless as band aid for a severed limb I tried again with my current system This time it booted While I had it running I made sure to download the latest BIOS version and upgraded Now I have the issue of the PCI-E Graphics card not working except straight after the upgrade of the BIOS it did work BUT it stalled again on the BIOS screen and after a reset it shunned the PCIE graphics again and I was forced to plug the monitor back into the onboard graphics This is where I stand now I have no other PCIE board or Graphics card and only enough cash to buy one or the other for at least a month - And PC components are not easily returned so should I make the wrong choice on which I buy then I will be forced to meander on agitated and vexed by the situation The onboard graphics is useless not only because it s mb but also because it randomly cops out filling the screen with erm imagine an old TV set that is not recieving a signal and you get that white static - Well it s like that but motionless And I am then forced to reset the PC and then get back into windows to a graphics error Or it just Blue screens me Sorry for the long post and probably over complicated explaination - But my question is a simple one Which would you buy if you could only choose one I m assuming MOBO but if I buy it and I am stuck with working MOBO s and one broken graphics card I ll be a tad miffed to say the least Same if I end up with two working graphics card So I throw myself at you all hoping you can determine which would be the best place to start Additional Info Memory test - Passed Processor Test - Passed PSU - Passed All HDD and DVD Drives are okay also nbsp

A:Motherboard or graphics card error... PCI-E slot problems

First, in this situation, you need to test that PCIe graphics card in another computer to rule it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-or-graphics-card-error-pci-e-slot-problems.177881/
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently upgraded my processor amp motherboard from AMD Phenom II X Asus M N T-M Now it s AMD FX- amp Asus M A L-M LX I ran two modules of RAM GB GB on that previous motherboard These are my modules Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB Single Module DDR Memory Kingston Value RAM GB don t know the exact model but it was a Mhz always 2nd DIMM Solved: on Memory slot on is hardware new reserved motherboard module Both modules have the same latency I just had to downclock the corsair module to Mhz amp then they both ran in dual channel mode Now on this new motherboard when I check sys info in BIOS it shows just GB RAM or GB basically it Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard just detects what s in the first slot When Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard I boot into Windows it says that GB or GB the other slot is always hardware reserved Also task manager shows wrong RAM speed Instead of Mhz it shows Mhz And when I really run it at Mhz or even below Mhz it s always wrong in task manager There s another interesting thing happening when I try to change the memory speed in BIOS When I change it amp as soon as I hit enter after F system just powers down for a few seconds amp boots right up This is just my second motherboard amp idk if it s normal but it sure doesn t feel right I m posting this after going through a lot of posts on similar topics amp the solutions are not working for me I even checked for bent pins on my CPU but it looks good As it looks either the RAM modules are incompatible on this motherboard but then why is the speed in task manager always wrong or something is wrong with the motherboard This is what I think but I need your help to make it work I m mentally exhausted now nbsp

A:Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-on-2nd-dimm-slot-is-always-hardware-reserved-on-new-motherboard.1153100/
Relevancy 52.89%

trying to clean up my children's computer.have attached a hjt file any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all I have some (AGP 300w GPU upgrade not? PSU) slot, or 8x fairly specific questions that are related to graphics cards upgrades with respect to PSUs so allow me to lay out the background of the system first and then get into my questions second First system details Intel P Northwood GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU) GHz ASUS P SD-VX I believe that this is a Sony OEM board GB GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU) PC DDR GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU) SDRAM Corsair something or other x MB ATI Radeon Pro MB x RPM IDE harddrive x DVD-RW DVD RW drives floppy drive Sound Blaster PCI card mm case fan mm CPU fan stock fans Putting all this into the eXtreme Power Supply Calculator here gives me a recommended PSU wattage of W Even with the quot capacitor aging quot factor turned up to the system is years old I only get W Now my PSU is rated at W with A max on the single V rail It has NEVER---repeat NEVER---overheated been unstable crashed blue screened or done anything that I didn t want it to do Lucky me Here are my questions Is the current video card a quot balanced quot card for my system set-up Could I feasibly run a more robust card given the CPU RAM etc FSB is MHz Read---I want to run a more robust card and want to know if it s worth the effort However I m concerned about CPU and FSB bottlenecks Regardless of balanced components what is the most robust card my system can run Also Is my PSU enough to run a more robust card I ve gotten very wary of people hollering about more wattage because I ve never had any sort of power problem with the PRO in this system and I ve seen lots of discussion about how one should have at least a W PSU to run that card Then again I could be running a dangerously overloaded system and have not known it Please let me know I don t have budget constraints in that the only thing I m ready to change in the set-up is the video card I would love to hear suggestions on how to optimize the system but getting a new mobo PSU CPU isn t really an option at this point Only game I really play is WoW but I m quite attached to it and would like for it to look better than it does at this point Also given how tight the PSU component match-up is overclocking won t come into the picture at all That s it for questions right now Thanks in advance for reading Ruu nbsp

A:GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU)

If all you play is WoW that system should be fine. And you even said it runs perfect for you. It doesn't look like you need an upgrade if you're just playing WoW...Unless you plan on playing new games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-upgrade-or-not-agp-8x-slot-300w-psu.109638/
Relevancy 52.03%

My Hp Pavilion g tx did not pose any problems for years But a week ago I upgraded my RAM from to gb The shopkeeper inserted hynix gb nbsp ddr ram So Can Other... one I ram 8gb 4g in to my slot. upgrade memory ram that makes two rams in my loptop nbsp - Samsung Came when I purchased laptop years ago - gb ddr Hynix b ddr nbsp After a week my laptop stoped working Showing it two service center they said one of my nbsp memory slot is damaged and can't be used nbsp So now I had only one memory slot active with gb ram inside it My Question nbsp is - CAN I INSERT GB RAM IN ONE MEMORY SLOT SINCE OTHER ONE IS DAMAGED nbsp OF MY PAVILION G TX MOTHERBOARD nbsp If yes then please tell me - Of what type of ram should I be looking for Sepecification From where should I buy Crucial got gb ram which I can't usePlease reply ASAP nbsp Thanks amp RegardsPrince Soni

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-4g-ram-to-8gb-ram-in-one-memory-slot-Other/td-p/5714534
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi , im new around here and I just want to know that can i upgrade my graphic card if i only have standard PCI slot ?

A:Graphics upgrade, only have PCI slot

hello and welcome; here are couple of options of PCI Video Cards for your system, if your system is bit older, it should still have AGP slot. Can you please give your system's specifications?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-upgrade-only-have-pci-slot.142223/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi People,

I have an old Dell Dimension XPX T600 PC. I want to upgrade the cpu. However its a Slot A. I'm told that I don't have to upgrade the entire slot, just the cpu. How do I do this?

Also, what is the max cpu my slot A pc will take.

Thanks,
Kappy

Relevancy 52.03%

It has been a while since I worked with a slot 1 CPU. I would like to upgrade a slot 1 Celeron with a 66 MHz FSB to a Pentium III slot 1 CPU with a 100 MHz FSB.

If the FSB remains at 66 MHz due to the MB, will the PIII CPU still work, but a a reduced speed?

Thank you:
Rhyder

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello quick question, I am trying to upgrade my old tiny from a pentium 2 400 mhz slot, to a 1.3 G celeron using a 370 socket to slot converter, but when i power up the screen does not come on, Will it even work if so what am i doing wrong. P.s. I have changed the bus switching to 4x on the motherboard.

thanks bubba.

A:360 socket to slot converter upgrade

My experience has been that it never works. Ive tried to use one of thos converter boards on a number of occasions and its never worked.

Meckter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/360-socket-to-slot-converter-upgrade.76988/
Relevancy 51.6%

1. Expansion SlotWhat is the expansion slot specification for this model as we would like to add a dedicated graphics card with DisplayPort ? 2. MemoryHow many memory slots does it have on the motherboard ?What type of memory is required ?What is the maximum memory supported on the motherboard ? 

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:XC-704 Expansion Slot & Memory Upgrade

Ok, Sorry looking up the model at Kingston and a couple other sites didn't show your computer and seeing I hadn't seen any I was confused. Based on what I have found maybe a Model from other country.  With that said it looks like it comes with 2gig DDR3L Ram and is Upgradable to 8Gig Also looks like yours comes With 1 PCI Express x16 Slot. I am not sure with the PSU and with that slot if you would be able to upgrade to a different Graphics Card. GPU and size of case would put a huge limit on what could be able to fit...  James

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/XC-704-Expansion-Slot-amp-Memory-Upgrade/td-p/392919
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys,

My DVD drive is broken beyond repair, and I've forgotten my USB at home.

I have the installation saved on my desktop, but it won't let me downgrade unless its a reboot. Does anyone have a good multiboot program that will let me install XP on my computer?

A:Windows Upgrade/Downgrade with a broken CD slot

Can I ask why you're posting in a Vista forum even though the problem is germain to any operating system?

You can multiboot in Vista and Win 7 as long as you install XP on a separate partition. Have you considered installing XP in Virtual XP which is available for Win 7 ultimate. Then you wouldn't need your drive.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297453-windows-upgrade-downgrade-broken-cd-slot.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, can anyone tell me how to access the second slot in my e-system 1511. I was told it was under the keyboard. I can unclip the clips but there seems to be something else holiding it down. I ve looked at the back and can see no screw with kb next to it to indicate that, that is the screw for the keypad.
Appreciate any advice. I have upgraded the first memory. I ordered 2gb and this came in two of 1gb so I am assuming there is a second slot.
Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

I upgraded my reconditioned Acer Aspire M from Vista Home Premium to Windows home premium because under Vista I could not use a second video adapter from a different card manufacturer while using the on-board video Vista apparently does not allow heterogeneous graphics At the same video motherboard + see folder W7 question does when not adapter video W7 2nd present time I bought a different video card being a GeForce GS from Galaxy W7 does not see motherboard video when 2nd video adapter present + W7 folder question The Win upgrade worked OK but when I put in the PCI Express- video card the M worked using the video from that card but could not see in Device Manager the motherboard video adapter NVIDIA GeForce nor could Belarc Advisor detect the GeForce I had downloaded and W7 does not see motherboard video when 2nd video adapter present + W7 folder question installed the latest NVIDIA driver for Win desktop win winvista bit english whql exe which is said to handle both GeForce and series My questions - Do I need a BIOS update and if so what BIOS file do I need Do I need driver updates for the M for Win Do I need to go back to Vista to be able to use homogeneous video adapters and monitors so I can have the larger desktop area I need to do my work And incidentally how do I set folders to remember their settings in W I carefully get a folder looking the way I want that particular folder to look and set its position then next time I open it it has forgotten All help and suggestions gratefully received and acknowledged TIA

A:W7 does not see motherboard video when 2nd video adapter present + W7 folder question

By default when you install a Video card, it disables the onboard video. You can enable it again in the bios, if that is what you want, but this always causes problems. Your Video card should have 2 outputs (DVI and VGA) to run 2 monitors already, you don't need to enable the onboard video.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/w7-does-not-see-motherboard-video-when-2nd-video-adapter-present-w7-folder-question-428903.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello my Optiplex just arrived this week nbsp I bought a Kingston mb SATA ssd in slot Tower upgrade.... 7040 Optiplex Mini M.2 a stick so I m trying to see if I can use this for my main boot drive Windows and then move the gb Sata drive over to a storage drive When I install the mb stick into the M slot and load the bios nbsp nbsp It shows up under General System Information PCI information Slot M amp also under Device Information SATA- nbsp nbsp When I look under System Configuration Drives it also shows up under SATA- here as well nbsp However it s showing up as a gb Drive under type So when I boot from a USB drive to try and reinstall Windows on this M stick it Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower M.2 slot upgrade.... s not showing up at all When I connect the M SATA drive and load Windows on the existing SATA drive that came with the the M Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower M.2 slot upgrade.... stick shows up in device manager under the hard drives nbsp The serial there corresponds to a Toshiba-form hdd unfortunately I can t do anything with it in Windows SATA operation is set to AHCI and I am booting into legacy with the USB Any thoughts nbsp I m wondering if maybe I have a dead memory stick nbsp There s no real way I can test it on another computer to see what happens

A:Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower M.2 slot upgrade....

For Windows 10 you should have a UEFI Boot with SecureBoot Enabled. The USB should be made using the GPT partition scheme for UEFI BIOS. I hope you mean 120 GB and not 120 MB....
See here for details:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997156
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Lenovo Forums, I am trying to install Windows 10 on my SM951 256GB m.2 ssd. Unfortunately, while it is recognized as a drive in windows, and in the bios, it is not considered a bootable device. When installing windows, it goes directly on the current c://. What am I doing wrong? Much Consideration, Xenda

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo y700-15ISK ssd upgrade m.2 slot WIN 10 inst...

Upon some inspection through some forums, I have gotten it recognized in the boot menu. Windows still insists on installing to the hhd, though.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-15ISK-ssd-upgrade-m-2-slot-WIN-10-install/td-p/2264235
Relevancy 50.31%

AIM 6.5 Upgrade causes media to no longer play on versions of Vista DO NOT UPGRADE...the cause of media no longer playing on Windows Media Player and iTunes and all other media players was linked on my PC to the download and installation of AIM 6.5. It also caused my network icon in my system tray show i was no longer connected to a network, and it was an unknown network.

To fix these problems use the system restore program that Vista comes with and restore your PC to a saved version before your installation of AIM 6.5.

Hopefully this helps everyone having these problems.

Note: Aim will no longer work after doing system restore, so you have to re-install in, and if you dont have the install package for 6.0 saved somewhere on your computer do not re-install 6.5, go to the aim site and look for the classic version 5.9.

A:AIM 6.5 Upgrade causes media to no longer play on versions of Vista DO NOT UPGRADE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-6-5-upgrade-causes-media-to-no-longer-play-on-versions-of-vista-do-not-upgrade.645302/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi every one im newbie here i got a question for you guys if you could help me please
Ok i got a gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G here is the link:http://www.gigabyte.bz/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2281 ... Could you take a look at it and tell me if my board will support this processor please: AMD ATHLON 64 7750 X2 PROCESSOR, BLACK EDITION, AM2, could you get back to me soon as possible thanks for everithing.

Relevancy 49.88%

First time poster so please bear with me if I m not explaining this well I ve recently purchased a new motherboard to replace a motherboard that I thought had gone bad The reason being when attempting to install programs such as World of Warcraft from disk or from downloaded install package it would always error out usually saying that certain files could not be loaded Even times I was able to somehow get through installing my exe files would quickly become corrupted and unusable Thinking it was my RAM I ran the memtest utility which gave me Stride errors I then or Motherboard Processor replaced the RAM and got no more errors installing issues continued Checked the Hard drive reformatting and putting on a fresh XP install which was hell Got it installed and had no problems installing when connecting the hard drive in my spare computer s motherboard Now that I ve replaced the motherboard everytime XP does manage to boot up fine which is getting less and less it says there is new Hardware to install PCI Device Motherboard or Processor Ethernet controller USB I ve run the driver installation that came with the motherboard many times and still get the Motherboard or Processor same thing everytime I load up Windows At this point I m at a loss for what to test next or if it is just my CPU If it helps I did take the processor out and power on the system It came on just fine but of course turned off when it got to the point of booting from the PC Long story short switched motherboards switched RAM reformated and tested hard drive in another PC Still can t install properly Any suggestions nbsp

A:Motherboard or Processor

Corrupted files usually point to a corrupted\failing HDD.

However, there's one thing that wasn't clear from your post: Did you replace the motherboard and then do a clean install of XP or was it the other way around? If you did it before replacing the motherboard, then you'll have to do it again, because while Windows can handle hardware changes like new RAM, a new video card and even a new CPU, a new motherboard is too much for it to handle and the Hardware Abstraction Layer becomes messed up, usually ending in BSODs or other problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-or-processor.114977/
Relevancy 49.88%

I all a buddy I know got a new processor and motherboard from a computer store This salesman was saying that this is the top of the line processor and motherboard and new processor motherboard and you can t get any thing better than this he paid over for this processor and motherboard He took it home and assemble it works fine Problem is new processor and motherboard he called me over I look at the paper work on this processor and motherboard and looks like he got robbed for is money Look at the paper work blow it does not look like the top of the line processor and motherboard How old would you say this processor and motherboard is I know not top of the line but how old and how much did he got rubbed Intel Celeron processor GHz system bus -KBL Advanced transfer cache micron process techology MHz FSB up only MoBostar Motherboard ASROCK Motherboard for intel pentium celeron DDR micro ATX FSB MHz USB ports M integrated prosavarage d graphic ATA A GP x Lan str modem audio x DDR SDRAM slots amp x PC SDRAM slots clock generator MHz - MHz memory slots for DDR-Dimm and Dimm PC PC Max GB slots for SDR Dimm and Dimm PC PC Max GB IDE and IDE ATA ultra DMA mode can connect up to IDE devices Audio channels AC Adio Lan speed u Ethernet supports wake-on-lan nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I have an old motherboard with 478 chipset, intel Celeron D320 2,4GHz and FSB: 533. My motherboard (2003 year) supports FSB 400/533/800 but now it rus at 533 with celeron.
1. Can I overclock my system to max FSB 800MHz if the rest of the system supports it?
My processor runs at 2620MHz and PC3200 RAM runs at effective 366MHz. Original system bus is 133MHz.
2. Can i buy socket 478 pentium processor wich FSB is 800MHz?
3. Wich of these is better:
P4 2,8GHz, FSB 800MHz, system bus 200MHz
P4 3,0GHz, FSB 533MHz, system bus 133MHz (Or something near that)
4. If processor is 3GHz and FSB 533 will memory bus still be 166MHz? My curren celeron is 2,4GHz with FSB 533MHz and memory bus is at 166MHz.
Sorry for bad english and probably posting to the wrong place.

A:P4 processor and motherboard

Socket 478 CPUs are hard to find these days. You'd probably be better off just upgrading the system to a cheap Core 2 on socket 775. That would probably triple the performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p4-processor-and-motherboard.125277/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm upgrading a computer that has a 450 megahertz AMD K6-2 w/ 3-d Now Processor. The motherboard is a Compaq 043Ch..I believe.

I was wondering if I would be able to get another processing chip to put on the motherboard to speed it up to a 700 or 1 Gighertz processor...Don't know if it is possible or if it is just cheaper/better to get another motherboard w/ processor.

Also how would I go about updating the BIOS...cuz the last time it was updated was in '99 and I have no clue on how to update them or how to use most of them.

Any help is appreciated...

A:Can I Get A New Processor For A MotherBoard??

No, the fastest Socket 7 CPU ever made was the K6-2 550Mhz if I'm not mistaken. You could upgrade to that but it would not be worth it.

There is no point to upgrading a bios if it is working ok, the only reason to do so is to fix a problem or to support new hardware or O/S.

Unfortunately, upgrading your system to say a new AMD or P4 would require a lot more than just a Motherboard and CPU. You would also need a new case, powersupply, and Ram and maybe even a new video and sound card if the old ones are intergrated as they usually are with Compaqs. Also you may need a new modem if the old one is ISA because most new mobo's do not have ISA any more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-get-a-new-processor-for-a-motherboard.152182/
Relevancy 49.88%

Just did a new system build...
It keeps freezing during the windows xp home install right past where you select the partition.
I thought it might be bad RAM, so I tried a stick from my neighbor's pc and had the same problem, tried a different video card, still no luck, even tried different IDE cable... you guessd it no luck.
I figure it must be the board or the chip, I just don't know what to replace... Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Relevancy 49.88%

ok, my computer is old, and has a 486 processor. I want to upgrade it. But, the upgrade thingy says that I probably will have to change around some jumpers, and whatnot. I don't have my manual, so I need to know what motherboard I have so's I can get help. How do I find out.

And also, is it possible to fit a pentium processor into the socket that now holds the 486? I mean, could I just buy a new processor and jam that it there, or would I need a whole new motherboard?

A:motherboard/processor

To find your motherboard is a pain but this place will tell you how.
Home page. http://www.ping.be/bios/

Here is the page that tells you how. http://www.ping.be/bios/numbers.shtml

As far as upgrading goes The Pentium processors will use a different voltage and socket. You may be able get a faster 486mhz chip for that board. I would not recommend spending much money on it though as it might be time to build or buy a new one.

My brother was in this same position. Things he bought Evergreen Turbo chip. $100.00
64 megs of EDO ram $50.00 New CD player $45.00

It is easy to get caught up in the upgrade path as you hate to see a older computer not being used. But then it is easy to spend too much money trying to get a old system to run marginally better.

------------------
Remember the light at the end of the tunnel just might be a train

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-processor.33094/
Relevancy 49.88%

What should I do before I install a new motherboard and processor to an existing Windows Vista Business x64 OS?

I know I should probably uninstall all the drivers, but where do I find these?

A:New motherboard/processor

I did this not too long ago. All you need to do is get rid of the drivers that correspond with hardware that you wont have anymore. For example, a new motherboard usually means a new onboard sound, so uninstall your sound drivers. They can probably be located in the Control Panel -> Programs window. If not there, go into the Hardware Manager and uninstall/disable whatever you need to. Anything thats motherboard specific should go, although there isnt all that much. There is no software that corresponds to processors. Once all that is done, you can swap the hardware and install the new drivers that came with the new motherboard.

Hope that helped

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193504-new-motherboard-processor.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My computer is unable to start when I press on the power button. When I press on the power button, everything doesn't run except for the processor fan and the power supply fan which only run for 1 second then it stops. It seems like there is no power connected to the system.

Even I have tried a new power supply, it does the same thing. When I look at the motherboard, a green light is on. This is confusing me because if there is no power connection, the green light on the motherboard can't be on. But if there is connection, then why system doesn't run.

I am suspecting either the processor or the motherboad has gone. But I am not sure at all. Your helps is highly appreciate. Thanks you so much.

Gateway 500SE Desktop PC
P4 1.6Ghz
512Ram
Window XP Pro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-or-processor-gone.318398/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am looking to buy a new motherboard and processor. I've been doing some pricing on the internet at different sites, but the problem is I am having trouble figuring out how good the equipment is because I don't know what all the numbers and abbreviations mean. Could someone give me some help on this as well as what I should be looking for when buying the motherboard and processor?

Relevancy 49.88%

Recently ive been having trouble with my processor overheating. Today i left it running when i went to work and when i got back the computer had shut down. I have it seet so that if the cpu temp is 70c its shuts down.
When i switched it back on, nothing happened. No sounds, no beeps and nothing on the screen. I checked the little LED diagnostic thing on the mobo and it said that there was a problem with the processor, so i reseated it and still nothing happened. I then tried my old p4, but still nothing happened, so i put the old p4 into the old mobo and now that wont boot.

What has happened? Have the processors died, the motherbord died or both.

I would be greatful for any help as im pulling my hair out over this.

Thanx
Whitestar

Relevancy 49.88%

I recently bought a ecs motherboard X58-A2 and installed a Intel i7- 920 processor with 6GB of Crucial DDR3 PC-8500 ram. Installed windows 7 and it booted up fine, but it apears to be extremely slow, my dell duo core far surpasses this thing. Now I have been trying to update the BIOS and when I restart to install the update, it takes a good 15-20 minutes to install windows, and then it goes to a black screen with the mouse curser as the only thing on the screen. What is going on..... is this a bad processor, memory, HHD, or MOBO.Can some one please help.

A:ECS x58-a2 motherboard with i7-920 processor

First of all double check that everything is installed correctly, e.g. the heatsink in on properly, RAM modules are pressed in firmly, all the cables are plugged in and have a browse through the motherboard's manual because tbh I've never really heard of ECS.

You could also try booting with another hard drive if you have one, if that's from your old computer then maybe it's dying.

Out of interest did you fresh install a copy of Windows 7 and how did you go about updating the BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ecs-x58-a2-motherboard-with-i7-920-processor.147923/
Relevancy 49.88%

I need help!!!i am having problems getting my operating system to run!when i power it on, atimes,it gets stuck in the press f12 for boot menu or del for setup display..and when i click on f12 of del key, i just get a beeping sound from the motherboard..
sometimes, i get a stretched beeped sound when it powers on, or jumbled digits displayed in the monitor..in all, the OS does not come on..
i only just added a 2nd hard disk and left it hanging for days while trying to get it formatted and OS installed...
can any one tell me what is destroyed or faulty if any...

A:is it my processor or motherboard?

read : http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic60398.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-my-processor-or-motherboard.88169/