Windows Support Forum

Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Q: Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:
Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Downloading updates stuck at 0%

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Originally Posted by TomStrong

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:
Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Please run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
Please provide the exact details of any problem it reports as not fixed.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34487-downloading-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey
So had to format my system yesterday,it usually takes around 2-3 hours for WU on"Checking for Updates" but this time it toke more than 12 hours to find them,when checked to start downloading them it wont download,it's been an hour now just " Downloading 246 updates(0 KB total,0% Complete)" is there any way to avoid this ? or is Microsoft that desperate ?

A:Downloading updates stuck at 0%

You are correct, MS is desperate, let it run overnight.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398771-downloading-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time. Even after a reboot, it would not budge.
Do you guys have the same problem here?

Maybe during the downloading of the updates, I had turned off my notebook, so would that have a negative effect on the way the updates are downloaded or in process of downloading?
So for example, next time if there is a Windows Update and the downloads are in progress, is it OK to turn off my machine while Windows 10 is downloading the patches or security updates?

The only way I could recover from this mess, is that I read these steps from the below link.
?www.thewindowsclub.com/w ??? -updates

But overall in general, the way Win10 handles these updates is a PURE MESS, and I hope in Redstone, this will be fixed.
I never had these issues in Win7...

A:Win10 Updates stuck downloading

I had a hard time updating my 10586 (1511) Version so I let it update and download over night. DON'T !! it also downloaded the "Feature update", meaning the anniversary update and tried to install that. I interrupted the update so Windows will be forced to go back to the 1511 Version.
Whenever a new cumulative update is available, I made it a habit to download it from the catalog:
Microsoft Update Catalog

that way I do not rely on the Windows update and can do that even disconnected from the web.. Has always worked for me...

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63733-win10-updates-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Everyone....

I have been struggling thru this Win 7 update hassle on my two Dell PCs both running Win 7 , 64 bit, SP1, Windows firewall, and Avast Free. In the past, updates just took a while, but eventually, they went thru OK.

Suddenly, after this week's updates, one of my PCs got stuck at 0% downloading 5 selected updates since Tuesday. The other PC updated properly with no problem.

I have left the system on for hours on end, but it is still 0%.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400758-win-7-updates-stuck-downloading-three-days.html
Relevancy 71.38%

This has never happened before but I can't download the latest batch of updates! I've tried downloading one at a time but it makes no difference, just stuck on downloading 0%. I've tried to go into services.msc to switch off windows updates but it says 'stopping' with the options to stop/re-start greyed out.

I've tried the windows trouble shooter which detects problems and then says resolving but again after 20 minutes or so it still says the same thing. Does it take a long time (perhaps I'm being impatient)?

I've run out of time tonight but will try the windows update system readiness tool tomorrow.

In the meantime, does anyone have ideas I could try? As I say, I've never had problems downloading updates before.

LevelBest

A:Latest windows updates stuck on downloading at 0%

You mean, it's searching for updates, takes a while, finds the updates, but when you select to install, it takes forever to download?

If that's the case, how long did you wait for it to start downloading before cancelling?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397423-latest-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

This issue started this past Saturday Dec Per Windows Update Posting instructions Downloaded SURT When first tried to download SURT on Saturday it would not download But when tried again yesterday Sun Dec - it was successful However although it said the installation and 0% Windows at 7 Downloading stuck Updates-Checking of was successful and it showed up in Update History it did NOT show up in Installed Updates I tried it twice SFC Scan I read about doing this on other websites as well The first time I ran it it came back with the message that it fixed errors The nd time I ran it the results were no violations and when I ran Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% it a rd time which the attached CBS log is from it also had no errors Windows Update Error Codes The biggest problem is the check Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% updates Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% or the downloading updates just don't go anywhere I did get an error message when I tried to download SURT as mentioned above but I was able to get it downloaded yesterday The other error code I got was when I did a System Restore Point It came back with the xc code and said it didn't restore the system But it must have because the Update information was different and reflected the date of the restore points Plus any changes I had done were gone and reflected the date of the restore points And the other error code was from the Diagnostic Tool from the help feature in Windows I think it was the error that it said it couldn't fix It did list some other issues that it said it fixed but I did not write it down or get a screenshot I could run that tool again if needed to verify Log Collection I was not able to attach the CBS log - I tried times and each time received a server error And then realized it's because of file size Even my zip file is just too big Please advise on how to get the information Start New Thread Hopefully I did that correctly I spent quite a bit of time trying various other things - such as the restore points clean disk and I also did a Checkdisk from the cmd prompt I did foray into a slight addition to the registry from a suggestion from another website but ended up deleting it because I didn't think it fixed anything at all and I don't like messing with the registry I did a system restore point after that I also did the SoftwareDistribution folder thing that is mentioned on many websites but that didn't help either I did try the start and stop services from cmd prompt as well with no change either Currently my workaround is copying the updates from the Update Catalog and installing them one by one manually Obviously that is quite time consuming and as I did get months behind will take awhile to get through them all Plus I am concerned about the order I am doing the oldest first and also worried about making a mistake and or missing some So far I've managed to get installed and have verified they are showing up in Installed Updates I also ran the Fixit and the other diagnostic tool recommended on the MS websites The Fixit tool didn't seem to do anything at all and the other tool returned the error code mentioned above I also called my AV company AVG Internet Security and had them do a disable AV with me over the phone and attempted to download updates There wasn't any change I also disabled the AV again yesterday and there was no difference I have done full computer scans for viruses with no issues reported I greatly appreciate any and all assistance to get this resolved and thank you in advance for your time Regards Hank

A:Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0%

I went online to try again tonight and it appears that the Updates are working. I don't know how or why but I'm now thinking it was more of an overloaded server than anything else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387673-windows-7-updates-checking-downloading-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I need help fixing this issue:The problem is its connected to the HP servers but for some reason it stops at "downloading messages and updates definition". Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, then rebooting my laptop but it still doesnt work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-support-assistant-is-stuck-on-downloading-and-updates/td-p/5840180
Relevancy 70.52%

Yesterday when I started downloading windows update, only one update could be downloaded i. KB3114431. After that may be there was some sort of problem on the network and I could not download the other updates as my network was down at that time. so I disconnected from network and cancelled the downloads and shut down the computer. It normally installed the downloaded update. after that from today morning I am unable to download any updates. The network is fine, as I can browse the internet normally. But windows update screen keeps stuck at 0%. Though now the shut down button shows the alert icon for update installation as you can see in screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? Thank you.

A:Windows update stuck at downloading updates screen

The problem has been resolved automatically. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599869/windows-update-stuck-at-downloading-updates-screen/
Relevancy 70.52%

please help with specify;thanks;Everytime I start windows update it won't download the updates. The bar keeps on running but nothing downloads and the percentage stays at 0%.
Whats wrong? Anything I can do to fix this?

A:Windows update will not download updates - stuck at 0% downloading

Hi shawn What version of Windows are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618661/windows-update-will-not-download-updates-stuck-at-0-downloading/
Relevancy 70.52%

During a busy period, aware that Windows 10 can install itself by a sneaky update and being too busy to check each update that comes my way, I had disabled Windows Update. Only now did I remember to check for updates. I know, dumb.
There are 80 important updates that need to be installed. They all seem okay.

However, they've been downloading for over 90 minutes now, and the progress bar is still stuck at 0%. "Downloading 80 Updates (0 KB Total, 0% Complete)".

I thought these updates might solve my "slow PC issue" (referred to in my other thread), but the inability to download updates, makes me think there might be something seriously wrong with my computer.

Can it still be just a visual issue if nothing has happened after waiting for 90 minutes?
Thanks in advance,
Katarn1
This has been posted twice (?) I don't know how that has happened. Sorry. If you can tell me how to delete it, I will.

A:Downloading Windows Updates, Stuck at 0%; or a False Alarm (?)

You can Shut Down your computer and install updates.
Or you can download the Windows 7 Update Convenience rollup. Microsoft Update Catalog
As for your Slow computer, you did not paste a link to your other post, and your post history does not show anything about a slow computer.
Click on the link in my signature for PC Running Slow? and try those things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/downloading-windows-updates-stuck-at-0-or-a-false-alarm-1123762.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I think the "updates freezing" issue has come up in another thread and apologies if it has, but I can't find it momentarily.

The screen shots show what I've been looking at for two days now. Obviously something is amiss with Automatic Update but I dunno what, or what to do about it.

Any advice, help????

Mods, please feel free to move me to the other thread I suspect exists.

Cheers

ausgumbie

A:Windows Updates - Stuck on "Downloading updates 37%" for 2 days!

G'day mate!

Have a look here.

Windows Update stuck downloading updates in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/18005-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-updates-37-2-days.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I keep getting Error message: Install Failure after Windows updates are downloaded and Windows attempts to install those updates.

The download is successfull, however, after Windows 7 attempts to install those updates I get this message:

Configuring Windows Update. Do Not Turn off computer.

After Windows attempts the installations of those updates, I get the following message: Failure configuring Service Pack. Reverting Changes. Error_install_failure (0x80070643).

I contacted Microsoft on the problem via emails....they went through a number of trouble shooting techniques....but after all of their recommendations, all they could tell me was to reinstall Windows 7.

I really would not like to do that. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

I have HP Pavilian dv6-3010 us Entertainment Notebook
Windows7, 64bit syatem, 8 gigabytes of Ram, 320Gig Hard Drive
Thanks
Dieter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-after-downloading-current-updates-failes-to-complete-intall-of-updates.1015802/
Relevancy 53.75%

As the title says, I have problems with Windows Update. I tried some fixes like: Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components, Reset_Windows_Update_History, MicrosoftFixit50362 (which is a Microsoft Installer Fixer that couldn't install PowerShell), MicrosoftFixit50202. But what I really need is installing .NET Framework 4. I tried forcing it to install, installing it step by step, but it couldn't go further than .NET Framework 3.5. I need that Framework, the other updates don't really matter. And the interesting thing is that my antivirus doesn't say that Windows is not up-to-date, which is not normal, in ESET Smart Security, if Windows is not up-to-date.
If specs matter:
6 GB RAM
AMD Athlon ll X4 750K
AMD Radeon R7 240 4GB GDDR3
Vista SP2

cbs.txt:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/jsoeje0nxt30g5u/cbs.txt

I don't know how to obtain CheckSUR.log.

A:Windows Update stuck at Checking for Updates and can't install Updates manually

Hi antoniu200:

Many other Vista users have reported that Windows Update seems to get stuck at "Checking for updates..." for long periods of time, and this problem dates back to the August 2015 Patch Tuesday updates - see my screenshots in ScousaJAY's thread windows update just seems to hang while checking in the VistaForums. This month's December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates required a full hour on my machine before it finished the  "Checking for updates..." phase and finally presented a list of available updates, so you might want to try running a manual Windows Update and leaving your computer alone for an hour or so to see if it eventually runs to completion.

You might also want to read Nikilet's recent thread Updates were not configured correctly in that same forum.  Some Vista users, including myself, received an error message this month stating "Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Please do not turn off your computer" when they tried to install the December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates.  Six updates for the Vista OS and one cumulative update for IE9 were marked as "Failed" on my machine after Windows forced an automatic rollback and re-boot of my machine.  I re-ran Windows Update today and all Important updates that failed yesterday eventually installed successfully ("Checking for updates..." still took about one hour and I declined one Recommended update KB3112148 for Vista and one Optional update KB3106614 for Silverlight today) so the secret might be to install updates in smaller batches instead of trying to install all dozen or so available updates in a single update session.
-------------32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v42.0 * IE9 * NIS (2014) v21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium v2.2.0
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598963/windows-update-stuck-at-checking-for-updates-and-cant-install-updates-manually/
Relevancy 53.32%

I installed windows 7 yesterday but windows update is now stuck on checking for updates all the time. Doesn't download or install any updates

That said i looked up and tried a lot of solutions/fixes online but no luck, nothing worked.

Any help is much appreciated. I don't wanna upgrade to windows 10 by the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399633-windows-updates-stuck-checking-updates-hours.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Windows Enterprise x virtual machine that I use as a template in my vSphere environment that I keep up to date with all Windows updates This VM only contains Windows in its disk Last time I was able to fully patch this machine was back in May a few nights ago I tried to update Windows updates and Checking at for Windows 7 Updates stuck updates ... it's stuck at Checking for updates I let it sat there for hours I read several blogs on resetting Windows Updates services stopping BITS and Windows Services then deleting all files in Windows SoftwareDistribution and none of them seem to work I also ran a Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates Windows Update troubleshooting tool that is supposed to Fix problems with Windows Updates - didn't work either as it tries to get updates from the internet Next I decided to create a brand new Windows machine and tried to run Windows Updates nothing still Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates gets hung up at Checking for updates Anyone has any ideas on how to fix Windows Updates so Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates I can get updates It seems that something changed recently that broke it Windows patching seems to work just fine as I've had no issues with my Windows machines Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fbe997ca-3340-4587-ba5c-a3c573511cdc/windows-7-updates-stuck-at-checking-for-updates?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Guys nbsp Windows nbsp security updates does not download if showing N number of updates it won't download and the downloading shows life forever lt o p gt lt o p gt This problem has found in nbsp Windows Ent nbsp and nbsp Windows Ent SP nbsp in clean formatted PC with windows Activated and Domain not joined Tried on several PCs and either it won't ever start or it will be showing or updates but it it with Windows of if & won't number showing download, 7 not never download 0% does downloading available, progress ends N updates updates won t ever download Domain joined PCs have different story because GP options are enforced There is no WSUS or patch management software yet on network nbsp lt o p gt lt o p gt I am purely looking for an answer for this problem of Windows Update either not initiating at all if ever it is showing number of updates to be installed it never them downloaded and downloading screen with activity is running forever Please share any experiences and solutions If there is a KB about it please refer nbsp lt o p gt lt o p gt Any or all help is appreciated Regards lt o p gt lt o p gt Mughal Windows 7 updates does not download, if showing N number of updates available, it won't download & downloading never ends with 0% progress lt o p gt lt o p Windows 7 updates does not download, if showing N number of updates available, it won't download & downloading never ends with 0% progress gt MCTS MCITP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cf2dd72-0acc-4d7e-acab-320e5a303db4/windows-7-updates-does-not-download-if-showing-n-number-of-updates-available-it-wont-download?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi another win 10 user here who has had problems receiving windows updates.Update (KB3124263) has been stuck at 45% for 3 or 4 days now.I've read some of the other threads here explaining so-called fixes but I'm not totally confident in deleting files and folders and moving things around.Does anyone know how I am able to stop the downloading of this update?.

Thanks any info would be much appreciated

A:(KB3124263) Stuck Downloading

Update has finally downloaded and installed.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/37695-kb3124263-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Sorry if this is not the proper place for this question. I just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and in the Windows Store, a download for Microsoft .Net Framework package has been stuck downloading for about a week now. It's interfering with my ability to download anything else. How do I get rid of this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-package-stuck-downloading.1160793/
Relevancy 50.31%

after an update version aka new windows 10 version, i check my window update , and its stuck.
on downloading 0 %. already check windows update servicing, sfc, trouble shooting, dism, nothing works for me..
a help pls?

A:Windows Update stuck at downloading

Hi,

what type of connection do you use to access the Internet - mobile broadband (cellular), WiFi or Ethernet?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58709-windows-update-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Trying to upgrade from windows to The reserve icon was not on the taskbar went to windows update 0% Windows at stuck downloading Update found out I had important updates which will not download when I try Also update and support programs from samsung will not open Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Johnson administrator on JOHNSON-PC - - Running from C Users Johnson Downloads Loaded Profiles Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading Johnson amp Available Profiles Johnson amp Mcx -JOHNSON-PC Platform Windows Home Premium X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe McAfee Inc C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe PC Tools C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcContextHookShim exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcCMService exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files Common Files Motive pcCMService exe PC Tools C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe SEC C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Recovery Solution WCScheduler exe SAMSUNG Electronics C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Support Center SSCKbdHk exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MpCmdRun exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in ... Read more

A:Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===If present remove this program in bold using the Add/Remove Program applet.Iminent (x32 Version: 6.46.1.0 - Iminent) Hidden <==== ATTENTIONPress the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [mobilegeni daemon] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Mobogenie\DaemonProcess.exe
Winlogon\Notify\GoToAssist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist\570\G2AWinLogon_x64.dll [X]
HKLM\...D6A79037F57F\InprocServer32: [Default-fastprox] fastprox.dllATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccess?
HKU\S-1-5-18-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect"
HKU\S-1-5-18\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect"
ShortcutTarget: tcbhn.lnk -> C:\Users\Johnson\AppData\Roaming\BrowserCompanion\tcbhn.exe (No File)
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.certified-toolbar.com?si=41179&bs=true&tid=397&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {afdbddaa-5d3f-42ee-b79c-185a7020515b} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001 -> {1D32D3B1-F17B-4A58-A16E-08256D17CF6F} URL = hxxp://websearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&tb=ORJ&o=100000027&src=crm&q={searchTerms}&locale=en_UK&apn_ptnrs=U3&apn_dtid=OSJ000YYGB&apn_uid=6027BB5D-A4A3-4B1B-AA7F-401E09A54F2B&apn_sauid=84B0E9BF-ACF8-4DC7-B6CA-D9260CF19CDB&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0 -> {1D32D3B1-F17B-4A58-A16E-08256D17CF6F} URL = hxxp://websearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&tb=ORJ&o=100000027&src=crm&q={searchTerms}&locale=en_UK&apn_ptnrs=U3&apn_dtid=OSJ000YYGB&apn_uid=6027BB5D-A4A3-4B1B-AA7F-401E09A54F2B&apn_sauid=84B0E9BF-ACF8-4DC7-B6CA-D9260CF19CDB&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{E... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590109/windows-update-stuck-at-0-downloading/
Relevancy 50.31%

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) has been stuck at downloading updates 52% for over a day. Does anyone else have this issue? How do you kill the update and try again?

A:Update KB3124200 Stuck Downloading at 52%

Originally Posted by Steve C

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) has been stuck at downloading updates 52% for over a day. Does anyone else have this issue? How do you kill the update and try again?

Steve, if the updates are stuck, resetting should help:
Do the steps as indicated here:
Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10
Let us know how it goes.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35491-update-kb3124200-stuck-downloading-52-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Everytime i am downloading a file, if i play an audio file it will sound like the sounds keeps getting stuck and making a weird electric buzz then continues and repeats... how can I fix this? what extra info do you need?

A:audio sounds like it keeps getting stuck when downloading

free up some resources, (stop unnec. services, not needed startup programs, not too many apps running at once), add more ram, faster internet connection
sounds like your pc is using a lot of processes at one time and causing the pc to do too many things at one time for what it can handle

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-sounds-like-it-keeps-getting-stuck-when-downloading.681790/
Relevancy 50.31%

i cant get anny further than 0 kb 0% when downloading the latest updates i did a clean instal but no sucess
still 90 essential updates to go ran it over a night and not even 1kb furter

A:Windows Update Stuck at downloading

Try disconnecting your PC from the internet>close Windows Update>reopen windows update and see if an install (not download) button is showing and click it. Then reboot and start downloading the next batch. Sometimes Windows needs to install what it has before it can download and install the rest. You might have to do this a couple of times. Windows also (like recently) has to update Windows Update before it can further download.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65449-windows-update-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have spent many days trying to get a handle about what is the behavior of Windows Update process when it hangs Downloading at I have looked through many of the threads on this problem to see if there is a pattern to the failures or a solution that works for many people Even though it is stated not to try what others have done in other posts I have done some of these I have also gone above this and tried analyze what the system is doing when in this state I have some results but no answers The issues I'm having may be unique to my setup but I hope my results are helpful to the larger Windows community Based on the results of my testing I am approaching the opinion that this problem of Windows Update hanging is percipitated by one or more of the following M doesn't care that update is fatally broken and won't fix it The engineers currently working on this at M are totally incompetent in about Downloading Another Windows at 0% stuck Update thread their ability to fix it M is deliberately sabataging Windows and Window in order to force everybody to update to Windows Background The system I'm running my Another thread about Windows Update stuck at Downloading 0% lastest tests on is a HP Elitebook P It is built with a Core Duo T with GB RAM Installed is Win Pro x Another system that is exhibiting the problem is a Dell Optiplex running a Core Duo E with GB RAM on Windows Pro x A third system I'm using is built on an Asus motherboard running a Core i CPU with GB Ram running Win Pro x I know these are ancient systems I'm working on upgrading the i system now For some reason the windows update is not hanging on the i system I don't know why at this point What I have done to solve this I ran the SURT and SFC Scan multiple times The SURT did find errors and fixed most of them if the specific errors are needed I'll have to rerun the tests After the SURT is run it takes about hours to complete the check for new updates After running the SURT what tends to happen is the first time I try to install updates a few the updates install in less than minutes When I restart and try to install more updates the Update window hangs at for about hours and then they install successfully I have manually reset the update client by using the process where you delete the files in the SoftwareDistribution folder Again when I run Windows Update it will take hours 'Checking for updates' Then the first time I run Windows update I can install a few updates in less than minutes The second time Windows Update will be stuck downloading at and will take about hours to complete the updates For the nuclear option I completely reinstalled my HP system from a base Windows CD which didn't have SP After the initial install the only software I installed was Firefox and Wireshark a The initial install went normally I was able to install all updates that were pending prior to SP without any lengthy delay b I installed the service Pack update This update installed with no apparent issues c After the install of SP I was prompted to install the latest Windows Update Clent This is where all went to h--- d After installing the new client the first time I installed some NET updates I was able to install them without delay The second time it took hours to check for updates Then another hours to install the x NET updates e I then attempted some Security updates and again it took over hours to install the updates During the next run of Security Updates I fired up Process Monitor Here is some of what I found there may be other relevant data I haven't found yet After filtering out all non-related processes I find something extremely interesting After an initial flurry of activity the svchost exe process and process tree gets into a loop where it is playing with itself and where the most of the activity visible is repeatedly reading one or two areas of the Registry The following events occur for the most of the hours Code quot Time of Day quot quot Process Name quot quot PID quot quot ... Read more

A:Another thread about Windows Update stuck at Downloading 0%

Hi John,
The simple answer is MS doesn't want users on W7 any more.
We just have to put up with this situation.
However they say, IF you you want to believe them, that they are in the process of addressing the slow D/L and install of updates for us.

we just have to live with it

note the comp you have with 2Gb ram will allways suffer, thats the min for W7.

Must admit having looked at an awfull lot of windows update logs cant remember seeing those entries

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394502-another-thread-about-windows-update-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,

So basically, I ran windows update on my PC (I recently made a fresh install), it started downloading very slowly ; until it reached 25% where it's been at for 30 minutes. I tried stopping the download and selecting another update, to see if it was just one update that wouldn't download, but I had the same result :

Windows update was just stuck downloading.

EDIT: screen of the updates in question :
I tried to stop the firewall in ESET Smart Security; nothing. I tried the Fixit tools (.exe and .cab versions), nothing. (except that the .cab version is just stuck too).

Has that happened to any of you guys before?

I had problems yesterday with windows update (BSOD while installing updates), and it just wrecked my computer, and I had to restore to factory settings. But that can't be related?

A:Windows Update service stuck in downloading

Update : I tried to reboot, and got stuck on "windows is preparing your computer blablabla". So I hard rebooted, logged in, and now the windows update service doesn't show up any longer, I can't run anything because the UAC prompt is gone (I can't do anything that requires admin privileges)...
Fml

I am currently restoring my computer using the windows restore option... And it's stuck on "restoring your files".

So if it doesn't work out, I'll have to factory reset my computer for the third time in two days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338125-windows-update-service-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I?ve been trying to download SP1 for months and I just can?t figure this out. I bought three programs to help me with the registry and none helped. Every time I download SP 1 my computer gets stuck on !! 0xc0190036!! 596/98832 (AcGenral.dll) Could anyone help me please?

A:Downloading SP1 - stuck on !! 0xc0190036!! 596/98832 (AcGenral.dll)

Hi mirjam,

Might be worth doing a scan with the free

Malwarebytes.org

Also run the SFC tool and see if that can fix any file system errors.

System Files - SFC Command
Hope it helps

SIW2

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/212992-downloading-sp1-stuck-0xc0190036-596-98832-acgenral-dll.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I downloaded the build 14965. When it download was finoshed then it says that error(in installation) but the downloaded file remains in my mobile in the Temporary File option. What can I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445635-build-installation-stuck-downloading-start.html
Relevancy 49.45%

"Downloading Updates" is stuck on "0". I am using XP. Thanks.

A:Downloading Updates

Downloading updates for what? Where do you see this message? Is this automatic Windows Updates? Choose to Shut Down your computer. You will be given the choice to Shut Down and install Updates. Choose that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-updates-593456.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi,

I've got a problem?? (Win XP Home SP3)

Yesterday updates were suddenly being installed from ms (Office 2007) & kept reinstalling

tonight when I switched on Windows got as far as the splash screen, a quick flash of the BSD and restarted

after reading a post here I saw something similar so I carried out the following:

I ran chkdsk /r (found & repaired one or more problems)

after rerunning it the second time it said the same

booted in safe mode ran Malwarebytes which found nothing?

win xp is loading now and everything seems to be working?

however it keeps downloading updates for Office 2007 (13 of them)
after installing them it asks to shut down, if I do before it closes it installs the updates again
then after rebooting whithin 2 mins of going on the internet it starts to download the same updates

If I don't reboot it still downloads the same updates?

can anyone help?? please

A:Win XP downloading updates over & over again

Turn off automatic updates...or stick only to Windows updates.

See if same thing occurs for Windows updates.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279289/win-xp-downloading-updates-over-over-again/
Relevancy 49.45%

I read the stickie and did a bit of searching but I am not very computer literate and thought better to ask before jumping in over my head This particular unit is a Dell Optiplex m with Win Pro I have updates set to quot show me updates but let me choose quot I selected only the important security updates and got as far as the little box that says Downloading updates The progress bar has a green streak that continuously runs it's length as if something is going on It has been at least two hours and it still says quot Downloading updates KB total complete This is not the first time I have run into this and also on different computers It also says Most Recent Check for Updates etc Updates were installed According to that I have been wasting my efforts In Updates Seems Nothing ??? to Do Downloading plain dumbie English how do I fix or do I just ignore updates and keep on computing which seems to be the best alternative at this point Will the System Update Readiness Downloading Updates Seems to Do Nothing ??? Tool mentioned in the stickie fix this problem Thanks for reading

A:Downloading Updates Seems to Do Nothing ???

Hi Buck,
Follow this link, Thrashzones instructions.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401934-downloading-updates-seems-do-nothing.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings! You guys have helped me a few times before, and I have been able to successfully build a computer on my own, thanks to some of your tips...

However, On this new "super cool, super fast " computer, I can't seem to download my updates, and am at a loss as to what to do. I noted other threads from people that had the same problems, but wanted to make sure to submit my own just in case it is seperate! Here are the downloads that I can't seem to get:

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB982308)
Security Update for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 (KB979441)
Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982312)

Seems like it's the Microsoft Office stuff, and just wanted to see if there was anything I could do! Thanks a bunch .

A:Help With Downloading Updates

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...b0-cbfc-40df-8f62-35fa1db0e167&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...5a-7970-4feb-996c-7c27d71c97c6&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f0-1e5d-463c-b100-6c6a1b17b2ec&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-downloading-updates.935205/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok here is my issue I built my computer installed W Pro bit no issues Installed some diagnostic programs from my flash no issues Connected to the net anything, Downloading Not W7 updates but to update windows and drivers connected fine Windows updated fine no issues When I go to DL my drivers big issue When I choose the quot run quot option the file download dialog box appears the DL goes through the normal course when the DL comnpletes nothing happens When I choose the quot save quot option the same thing happens the file does not appear in the directory I have no Internet Not Downloading anything, but W7 updates security program installed that could block it I turned off the Windows firewall and tried it same result Tried saving to public folder same issue I am logged Not Downloading anything, but W7 updates on as admin I am at my wits end searches are bogged down with media issues I have no problems installing a program from disk just from net Also there is no dialog box saying DL failed blocked or anything Not Downloading anything, but W7 updates It just blinks off and thats it Please help Scott

A:Not Downloading anything, but W7 updates

What is the full path where you are saving?
They might be downloaded to "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/53004-not-downloading-anything-but-w7-updates.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My dowloading updates icon has been in my system tray for quite a while but never shows any progress. It continues to show 0%.

I read elsewhere in this forum that it may be a firewall setting but I have received other XP updates successfully with no change to the firewall.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Downloading updates O%

Hello and welcome to TSF

Alot of the time it is allot slower to downland the updates using the Windows Automatic updates. Click on the link below, and try doing the updates form the Microsoft website.

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Also what firewall are you running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-updates-o-167133.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post. Maybe I should be in security section. Anyway...It seems that my Updates are getting hung up. I go down on the tool bar and see that the its downloading but then it stops after a short while....

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks....

A:Downloading Updates....

Windows Update seem to be overloaded this week . . keep trying. Seems to work best if done late at nite

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-updates.572073/
Relevancy 49.45%

i am using win xp sp2. i installed the os 2 months back, and some of the updates were downloaded and installed using dialup connection. then i could not connect to net for some time. now i want to install the updates using my high speed connection which have started working from yesterday. but the problem is when i am selecting to download the updates it is actually not downloading. what could be the possible problem...please help.

presently i am using the highspeed connection to connect to the net.

A:updates not downloading

try to visit this link it may help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-not-downloading.715503/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have recently started using a different internet provider because i have mooved to College.
The internet is connecting fine but my Norton is not downloading updates, it saysit cannot connect to the updates server and tells me to chek my internet conection or chek it is on the correct proxy.
I havn't a clue what a proxy is but i know that my new way of connecting to the internet has something to do with it...i think.
Other things that arnt working with my internet connection ar, i cant connect to MSN and i cant download Itunes.
My operating system is windows 7
and my Laptop is a Advent Roma 2000

Relevancy 49.45%

My dowloading updates icon has been in my system tray for quite a while but never shows any progress. It continues to show 0%.

I read elsewhere in this forum that it may be a firewall setting but I have received other XP updates successfully with no change to the firewall.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks!

A:Downloading Updates 0%

I had the same problem and went to the Microsoft Online Support, they gave me the following instructions quoted directly from their e-mail back to me:

"This issue may occur because of a corrupted SoftwareDistribution folder. We will rename this corrupt folder so that a new one is created when you access the site. Please follow the steps I have listed below.

We will first stop the Automatic Updates Service

1. Click Start. Choose Run.
2. In the Run box, type services.msc. Click OK.
3. Right-click the Automatic Updates Service. Click Stop.

After Stopping the Service we will rename the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

1. Open Windows Explorer. Navigate to the Windows folder
2. Click on the + next to the Windows folder
3. Navigate to SoftwareDistribution folder. Right Click on the SoftwareDistribution folder
4. Select rename from the Menu
5. Rename the folder to SoftwareDistribution.old and click Enter
6. Now restart the Automatic Update Service.

Now restart the Automatic Updates service

a. Click Start. Choose Run.
b. In the Run box, type services.msc. Click OK.
c. Right-click the Automatic Updates Service. Click Start.

Now disable any firewall and antivirus software that may be running in the background and go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com check whether the issue is resolved."

This cured my problem hope it helps you. Good luck!

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-updates-0-a-18278.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I keep trying to check for updates but it just stays at downloading messages and updates definitions. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I still have the same problems.

A:HP Support Assistant stuck on downloading messages and updat...

I had the same problem this morning when it stuck on the second stage for over two hours then ended itself:  I've just opened the Support Assistant  > Updates which said 'No Update is available' so I clicked on 'Check for Updates'and am just watching the same screen as the top one I posted. After seven minutes it's still on the same stage. HP - you appear to have a problem. I'll see if Tech Support will be interested.      The only way that I could get rid of the HP Support Assistant that had a magnifying glass over it was to restart my PC. I don't know if it's connected but when I logged on just now this window appeared:    I OK'd it and was through to thr home page! 

New Envy 15-AH151saOlder Compaq Presario CQ71-320SA screwed up by Microsoft's free upgrade from Win7 to Win10

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Support-Assistant-stuck-on-downloading-messages-and/td-p/5466816
Relevancy 48.59%

My Win7 laptop is set to go to sleep when I close the lid. Will closing the lid stop the downloading or installing of a Windows Update? (I would appreciate an explanation beyond a Yes or No.)

A:Downloading/installing updates

Windows Update will not download or install while the laptop is a sleep. What further explanation are you looking for?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383463-downloading-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Major problem in our area is the lack of high speed internet connections. The majority of my students are still using dial up unless they come into the school library. This presents problems with obtaining updates for their home computers. The library computers are restricted; no software may be added. Is there a way to obtain updates directly using community computers but directly downloaded all needed updates to a USB drive?

A:Downloading WINXP updates to USB

There really isn't an easy way to do this since Microsoft doesn't typically distribute the updates in this way.

There is this option from Microsoft:
Security updates are available on ISO-9660 DVD5 image files from the Microsoft Download Center

I've never used one of these discs so I'm not sure how it works but its worth checking out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-winxp-updates-to-usb-608904.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So, how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
rhino1366

A:Downloading Windows XP updates on the CD/DVD

A quick link to the service pack 3 ISO.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enAnd a link to the dl page for the network installation file.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displayLang=enThe following 60+ updates may have a method to download and update but I don't have it handy. There is probably a method designed for the admins of large networks. Are you doing this for one computer? or several...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274308/downloading-windows-xp-updates-on-the-cddvd/
Relevancy 48.59%

Microsoft Net Framework security update keeps downloading, and installing over, and over. Spybot Search And Destroy gave multiple error messages during the scan, and found nothing. Super Anti Spyware found several adware tracking cookies, and Tdsskiller found, and deleted a locked file.

A:Windows keeps downloading the same updates

See here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454496.html here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454521.html and here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454479.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454553/windows-keeps-downloading-the-same-updates/
Relevancy 48.59%

OK, this is weird. I am writing this at 10 am. Since 6 pm yesterday, I noticed the yellow shield icon on the bottom right, and when I moved my mouse on it, it said Downloading Updates. At 6 pm last night, it said 0%. When I went to bed at midnight, it said 3%. Whatever it is was slowing my computer down terribly!! This morning, at 10 am, it just moved to 32%!!! In other words, this downloading of updates has now gone on for at least 16 hours.....

Sure, I know my AVG came on during the night and slowed it down, and my AVG was STILL on at 10 am so I paused it....but WHAT IS BEING DOWNLOADED THAT IS TAKING SO LONG??? How do I find out?? This is NOT normal.

Nancy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-updates-going-on-for-16-hours-do-far-only-32.702709/
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently purchased a new BlackBerry phone that requires running BlackBerry OS6 and SP3 on my Windows XP Home Edition.

After having multiple crashes and continual reboots with SP3, I found the fix in your forums and FINALLY have SP3 installed on my HP computer running the AMD processor (thank you for that!)

However, I still cannot open BlackBerry OS6 after it has been installed. As soon as I open it, I get the "BlackBerry Desktop Software has encountered a problem..." window.

Upon reading some BlackBerry forums, I found that I might need to run Windows Updates before OS6 will work. However, I don't have internet to that PC and tether my BlackBerry to get internet service at all.

Is there a way to download all the Windows Updates I need to an external drive and then load them on the HP PC that does not have internet? How would I do this?

A:Downloading Windows Updates

Per Release NotesMicrosoft? Windows? XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista?, Windows? 7If you're using a 64-bit Windows XP computer, you must install the following hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968730.Microsoft? .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or an active Internet connectioniTunes 7.7.1 or later or Windows Media? Player 10 or later for music synchronizationhttp://blogs.blackberry.com/2010/08/install-blackberry-desktop-software-6/If you have SP3 installed, it doesn't appear that you need any updates since the release of SP3.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422844/downloading-windows-updates/
Relevancy 48.59%

I could have sworn that I read somewhere on Bleeping Computer that you need to have a version of IE installed on your computer in order to receive updates from Microsoft.

I just read this on their site and now I am confused:

If you prefer to use a different web browser, you can obtain updates from the Microsoft Download Center or you can stay up to date with the latest critical and security updates by using Automatic Updates. To turn on Automatic Updates:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Depending on which Control Panel view you use, Classic or Category, do one of the following:
Click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
Click Performance and Maintenance, click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
Click the option that you want. Make sure Automatic Updates is not turned off.

Can someone clear this up for me.

Thanks You,

Dennis

A:Downloading Updates From Microsoft

Eventho you choose to use another browser,the updates will be be installed via IE because we cannot remove IE from our OS.I prefer to choose which update I install,so I don't have the auto updating configured.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78723/downloading-updates-from-microsoft/
Relevancy 48.59%

I m currently quot on loan quot to another department within the Company I work for and they ve got a really slow network Most users do not have autoupdate turned on and consequently most boxes are way behind in terms of patching I turned on AutoUpdate on one such box a couple days ago and and Downloading Updates Saving let it download updates The process took the entire day because of network speed I d like to download all Windows Critical Updates and Security Patches from SP on so that I can burn them to a disk and not have to play the waitng game in the future I d like to do the same with XP SP Where can I download these updates in a manner that will enable me to burn them to a CD Also what s the easiest way to go about this that won Downloading and Saving Updates t necessitate me searching for each individual update Is there one location that lists all update in chronological order so that I can grab them in one fell swoop Many thanks nbsp

A:Downloading and Saving Updates

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-and-saving-updates.402589/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi,

i'm having problems downloading these updates.. i keep getting the 646 error code

Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB951944)
The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 646

any ideas? thankyou

A:problems downloading updates

Two things come to my mind -- first, are you getting your updates from a reliable source, i.e. from Microsoft itself, and not from some 3rd party internet source. Second, is your MS Office closed while you are trying to do the downloads?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/258269-problems-downloading-updates.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm trying to download the new security updates the new activation thing for my copy of Windows 7 Pro but it's not going. Before I click install it says it's download at 68% but won't download anymore. When I manually select to download them all it just goes to 0% and doesn't go anywhere. This is getting annoying because when I need to shut my computer down it tries to download and install them but never works. Any help? Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Updates Not Downloading

If you don't have a nasty malware, then try this:
Download one and only one of the updates. Do not rush things. After install is finished AND the hard disk has settled down, then RESTART your computer whether MS said you needed to restart or not.

Keep doing this. One update at a time. Slow and tedious. I suspect you either have a virus or other software which you have installed which is dragging your system down.

karl

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66318-windows-7-updates-not-downloading.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Here is a screenshot of why it might be happening
what do you guys think?
And for some reason alot fo apps crash when trying to install
especially antivirus software

i gotta reinstall windows dont i?

A:Vista Not Downloading Updates

can you post the error code or minidump files this would help someone here help you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-not-downloading-updates-347883.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I just found out that windows only downloads updates once a month, which caused quite a concern in a previous message in which I asked for help and maybe did not need it. Anyway, I found a few windows updates that did not install at an earlier time. I read about them and is it hard to install updates manually? I have very little skills in dos or any type of typing commands. I went into update history, dbl clicked on the ones that were cancelled (my fault) or failed. I found the areas to go and am waiting for a response to if they are hard to manually download and install. Also how do I find out if my computer is 32 or 64 bit, I am using
Windows 7 professional.

A:downloading updates manually

You can click start and then right click "Computer" and select properties. Scroll down and it will tell you the OS bit rate. If you have updates that may have failed have you tried the "check for updates" button to see if they're detected again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-updates-manually.1162043/
Relevancy 48.59%

Help I booted my system Windows XP Professional yesterday and noticed that everything was operating very very slowly I launched Task Manager and saw that my CPU utilization was pegged at The culprit as SVCHOST exe that was sucking up my CPU time I also noticed in my System Tray that the Microsoft ICON was there and when I moused over it there was a message indicating that downloads were in process at complete I let the machine run for several hours hrs and the percentage of completion was only up to I shut the system down and rebooted today and noticed that the download process picked up where it left off when I shut Windows Downloading Updates the system down and let the machine run for another hours and it had only advance to complete My temperature monitor indicator alarm was sounding off since my CPU activity was continually Downloading Windows Updates pegged at and the CPU was overheating QUESTION How can I abort this download HELP HELP JB

A:Downloading Windows Updates

Sounds like you are on dialup. go to administative tools/services in control panel and stop automatic updates/right click/properties and disable. go to update an do a couple at a time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-windows-updates-232821.html
Relevancy 48.59%

UNABBLE TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS UPDATES

A:Not downloading WINDOWS UPDATES

What version of Windows are you using? What actually happens when you try to update?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613859/not-downloading-windows-updates/
Relevancy 48.59%

Good afternoon. As a new member and a beginner with this Computer lark, I hope I am going about this in the right manner. On the 13 Aug on checking for updates I noted there were three.Try as I might I was unable to download them. Each time I attempted to download I received the following: !!!bad checksum! Could you please help me with this. Thankyou.

Relevancy 48.59%

Do Vista updates need to be downloaded in a certain order I just got a new laptop and it needed a variety of Win updates to be dowloaded right away Vista Home Premium SP on an HP laptop gig ram gH processor mb HD Some were recommended some were critical and some optional They were dated from through the present I just began the download and after it was over my computer would no longer cold boot It hung during the startup and had to be restared in order to get it to load It was suggested that the updates may have been downloaded or installed in the quot wrong order quot causing the glitch I can t find anything about this at MS I exchanged that computer for a new one yesterday - it was only days old - and haven t gotten any updates for the new quot new quot one yet My questions - should I get these in any order Are critical updates? downloading Win Order for more important to do first - or is the actual date of the update release the important factor Or should I do them one at a time and check each to see if there was a problem with it I don t want to run into the issue again if it was the cause of the lock-up Any help will be appreciated Thanks TN nbsp

A:Order for downloading Win updates?

Do only the "critical" ones and then do SP1. The critical ones may need to be done in groups of about 6-8 at a time, starting with the oldest or the Top of the listing.

The others are based on different hardware and software that MAY be on the machine.
For any drivers I would be going the OEM site, for updates.

As for the recommended ones, you need to have a look at each one to see if it applies to you and your machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/order-for-downloading-win-updates.716422/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have fixed a problem I discussed in another thread by re-formatting my drive after backing up my files re-downloading Retrying updates without Now I am Retrying updates without re-downloading in the process of downloading and installing Windows updates and I wanted to ask a question about my biggest pet peeve with Windows to see if there is something I'm missing This concerns how Windows Update works I have it set to notify me of new updates and then I decide when Retrying updates without re-downloading to download and install them This means I usually don't download them unless I have time to complete both the download and install process However sometimes I have to shut down before downloading of a set of updates is finished and sometimes an update will not install correctly the first time for whatever reason If Windows Update is interrupted when only some updates have downloaded or if the installation of one or more updates is interrupted or fails for some reason then there is no way to avoid re-downloading the updates that have already been downloaded There is one quot shot quot to download and install each update in one continuous quot motion quot and if there is an interruption anywhere along that process especially between downloading and installing you have to re-download the whole thing from scratch The already-downloaded updates seem to not be kept on disk so that they can be retried when Windows is started the next time In my opinion this design is beyond idiotic The only halfway-sensible reason I can see for this behavior is that Microsoft is worried that some kind of virus or some other unintentional software would tamper with update files if they were downloaded and stored on disk for some time before being installed This actually would make some sense in that you want to guarantee that something you are installing possibly into the Windows kernel is identical to what was fetched from Microsoft's server But it would seem that putting it among system files somewhere could accomplish the same thing Anyway I wanted to make sure there wasn't just some simple setting that could be changed to allow updates to be installed or re-installed later without re-downloading if the first time failed I'm aware there are third-party updaters that I certainly hope don't have this limitation--I may well have to go over to one of those

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380586-retrying-updates-without-re-downloading.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a question. I downloaded critical update for windows media player kb828026 but whenever I check for updates it always tells me I need the update. In the installation history I have a successfull download. I have done it 3 times now. Also, under update history it lists my windows service pack critical update as being "in progress". Can someone tell me why this is.

Thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

When I select updates to download it starts preparing for download, but does not download. Said something about internet connectivity. I have no problems with the internet, updates for programs regularly download, etc..

On the failed downloads the error messages are: Codes: 643, 57, C355, 9. Updates either do not start to download at all or after about 20 minutes of preparing to download they will download and then fail.

A:Windows 7 updates not downloading

Error message specifics, please?

There is no known cure for every variation of an error message...that we can point you to.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402948/windows-7-updates-not-downloading/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi...Is there a way to manually save Vista updates to the hard disk? Whenever I have to format my comp, its a pain downloading the updates from scratch.

Relevancy 48.59%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i updates map Downloading Navman - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-USB -B REV Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled I have a Navman MY LMT GPS unit I have been trying to download the latest map updates but have been unsuccessful There are no error messages the Downloading Navman map updates unit is recognised by the system but for some reason Navdesk doesn t communicate with it Contact with Navman help desk has proved useless other than the suggestion that I try another computer I am running Norton as system security etc and have turned that off while trying the download but to no avail I have downloaded updates in the past with no problem and nothing I can think of has changed Any suggestions for this numbskull from down under nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-navman-map-updates.1115462/
Relevancy 48.59%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD A - APU with AMD Radeon R Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon TM R Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard CD Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Hi there I ve been trying to clean my friends laptop for a few days She took it to me because she wasnt able to download updates Updates Downloading Blocked from through Blocked from Downloading Updates the HP support assistant or windows update which she thought then was the cause of her loss of sound Its running very slowly and also has a bios beep which when looking on the HP site means something to do with the cpu I think Ive scanned with Malwearbytes Antimalware Panda Cloud Cleaner and Comodo Internet Security which I installed in place of AVG They all found and removed malware but the problems persist I ve tried to use Eset online scanner but the button to click start is hidden on the page AVG Web Tuneup and some of her Adobe products are I think malware as I can t seem to uninstall them although I ve tried in safe mode also so I d be really grateful for your help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Just curious to learn as to why while downloading Cumulative Updates for Win 10 thru Windows Update the download gets struck midway? The same files download in a jiffy when downloaded from Catalog site of MS. Why this problem is not being solved in spite of Insider Program?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63880-downloading-cumulative-updates.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My OS is Windows 7. When I try to download the updates I receive the error message 126. What can I do ?.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-downloading-updates.951854/
Relevancy 48.59%

Weird issue with Win 7 updates not downloading...have about 18 updates ready to download...but get the downloading updates window...with the moving bar...but nothing happens per jpg attached.

How do I get these downloads to actually download...this is a 1st for this behavior...never had this issue before...O% complete never changes ?

Thanks TiminAz

A:Downloading updates do not download ?

It's kind of the luck of the draw. If you hit a Microsoft server at the right time it will download faster. If you hit the Microsoft server at a busy time it could take many hours.

While it's Downloading (Not Installing) updates you can reboot and try again. You might have better luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387422-downloading-updates-do-not-download.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi people, I have come looking for some advice and hopefully a solution.

I have now taken over the formatting of laptops at my work place. We buy and sell second hand laptops, so want to erase all data before we sell them.

Everything is fine, but the updates take forever, and need you to be around to continually restart the computer numerous times.

I downloaded WUD and downloaded every update at once, but still found that they could not all be installed at once (Unless I did something wrong), So I was wondering if there is some way you can install all the windows updates at once, as that would save me so much time, as some of the updates take forever to install, making the whole process a good 4-6 hour job sometimes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

A:Downloading and installing all updates at once

Hello Harlem and welcome to the forums

Some updates are cumulative (most security updates for example) and the components from the previous update have to exist before the newer update can be installed. So you won't be able to install all of these at once.

Service packs are introduced every now and then which are big packages of all of the previous updates, so you only have to reboot once.

It is possible to make a disc with all of the updates that you need to install, but I don't know how many times you need to reboot, all I know is that it saves you the hassle of downloading them all again.

WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection

Tick the Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 and the Create ISO option (whichever of the two suits you best). Then hit the big Start button at the bottom

There's quite a few, so it might take a while to download them all!

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/257963-downloading-installing-all-updates-once.html
Relevancy 48.59%

After getting Automatic Updates running properly, it keeps bothering me with a message that it can't download the following updates:

1. Realtek AC'97 Audio

2. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version

Do you have any suggestions?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 503 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 71664 MB, Free - 15576 MB; D: Total - 4634 MB, Free - 780 MB;
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD, MS-6577
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 48.59%

I still want to keep two copies of W7 and keep them up to date. Checking for updates is slow, but when I select the offered ones, the process hangs at "downloading updates", the green bar moves nicely but it stays at 0 kb. Any thoughts?

A:downloading updates hangs

MS hates us,
Let it run overnight

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398237-downloading-updates-hangs.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My not downloading Updates Windows Dell desktop was Vista Home Premium SP bit On I did a clean install of bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack with an OEM disk that I purhcased I did not transfer any programs from the old system have done all completely new installs on everything I ran Windows Update and it just ran and ran forever It never said quot Windows is up to date quot I checked the View Updates and there were that apparently installed on the date I did the installation see screenshot I did the activation this morning and it was successful I tried running Windows Update and again it keeps running without end I finally shut it down Secunia psi reports that my Windows is up to date however I ran Belarc Advisor and it shows missing updates most of them either Important or Critical sfc scannow reports Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity errors I Windows Updates not downloading am attaching the CBS log asked for in the instructions I read I have downloaded the SURT tool but haven't run it yet Perhaps there is some little thing that I am not doing right so I will wait until I hear back from the forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394534-windows-updates-not-downloading.html
Relevancy 48.59%

like in the last post i made i made a video since its easy on me then typing.

Windows 7 Bootcamp. Updates stuck - Video Dailymotion

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397432-windows-7-updates-stuck-checking-updates-bootcamp.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm making another slipstreamed Win 7 disc, and figured I might as well integrate the few new MSUs since last month. I'm following Brink's tutorial again. However, these are the pages I've come to so far. Nowhere is there anything to download. Even following a bunch of the links, I see nothing that indicates I can download the update itself.

Has Microsoft changed something? How can I get these standalone updates now?

MS11-025&#58; Description of the security update for Visual C&#43;&#43; 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package&#58; April 12, 2011
MS11-025&#58; Description of the security update for Visual C&#43;&#43; 2010 Redistributable Package&#58; April 12, 2011
MS11-025&#58; Description of the security update for Visual C&#43;&#43; 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package&#58; April 12, 2011

A:Downloading Standalone Win Updates - Prob?

I don't know how I have never done it before. My thoughts are go to M/S website find their search box and type in the MSxxxxx and hit search.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/167843-downloading-standalone-win-updates-prob.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I have Windows Update set up to not download updates automatically. Sometimes there comes an update I don't want, so I use the tool provided by Microsoft to hide the update in question. The problem then is that the update is still listed in Windows Update until it searches for updates again, and the button has turned from "Search" to "Download" so if I click that then the update I hid would still be installed. So is there anyway I can force it to Search + Download instead of just Download?

Currently I need to wait for it to search automatically again which seems to take anywhere between an hour to a day.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/53355-force-search-updates-before-downloading.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've been having some trouble downloading windows updates lately with Windows 7.  They hang at 0% downloaded and never move forward.   I used the Windows update troubleshooter to try to fix them, and it found various errors and it said they were fixed.  Though I'm still having the same exact problems.  

A:Issue with windows updates not downloading

If you do not have IE11 then install it. Install .NET 4.6.1

Download and install all updates and latest Update Client on this page.

http://wu.krelay.de/en/

You may find that the updates do not install. This is because the Windows Update Service has already started. You can either disable the service before installing the updates or reboot and immediately install the updates as the Update Service has a delayed start.

After you have done all updates and Update Client reboot and check for updates it could take a couple of hours or minutes.

If you still have trouble download the June rollup update and the prerequisite KB3020369 if that has not been installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622441/issue-with-windows-updates-not-downloading/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I've booted up a laptop that I haven't used in a few months and am going through the process of updating everything via Windows Update application nbsp What is strange is when I open the application it says that there are important updates so I clicked quot download and install updates quot nbsp The next screen in but Windows updates Downloading in progress no bar? 7, the application says Downloading updates in Windows 7, but no progress bar? quot downloading updates quot but shows kb remaining and downloaded for hours on end When I finally gave up and asked the application to cancel I went to shut down and noticed that there was the update icon and apparently it was ready to install of the updates nbsp When I finally get back in after the installation it says that there are now only important updates meaning that I did somehow install them it just did Downloading updates in Windows 7, but no progress bar? not show the progress Is this normal nbsp It's somewhat frustrating that I don't see the progress or remaining amount to update although they are almost certainly downloading

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35593cb6-4d41-49a2-8a61-a89e5f4e9c63/downloading-updates-in-windows-7-but-no-progress-bar?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.16%

I have two laptops operating on rather slow internet connections. I find that downloading the regular Windows updates are a necessary pain in the neck.

As I have two machines, this is a double pain.

Is it possible to download and save the update once so that the both laptops can be updated from the single download?

A:Downloading and saving Windows updates

Two ways, one automatic, the other manual. Automatic is the preferred method because it will only download those parts of each cumulative update that are new since the last update. The manual method downloads the whole of the cumulative update each time. With your slow connection that's probably going to be no less painful for you.

Automatic

Go to Settings - Update & Security - Windows update - Advanced options - Choose how updates are delivered
Set both PCs to...

Manual

Set both PCs to 'Metred connection' . This will still allow them to check for updates, but stop them downloading them. Either check for updates yourself, or wait for windows to notify you an update is waiting but can't be downloaded over a metered conection.
Wireless Network Metered Connection - Set in Windows 10
Ethernet Connection - Set as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10

When you know an update is waiting, look up its KB number in Settings - Update & Security then follow the instructions here to download it direct from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/do...g-any-browser/

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65931-downloading-saving-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently installed Windows 7 on my HTPC. I have installed all of the drivers for the motherboard and GPU. When I go to windows update I see that there are about 83 that I need to install. When I highlight and click install, the download never takes place but rather hangs and eventually gives me a message that says:

"Windows Modules Installer has stopped running"

Can anyone help me work this out before I have to reinstall the OS, reinstall the drives, partition the drives and all that fun and exciting stuff again?

Relevancy 48.16%

My Dell Inspiron 1525 is not downloading updates. My computer is set to automatically download updates. I will try to install the updates but the status is failed. There are some important updates that I need but it fails everytime. I tried searching for the error codes: 80070005 and Code 5.
Not sure what to do.

A:Windows Vista not downloading updates

Hi there are a few possible solutions here http://social.technet.microsoft.com...p/thread/95edbee4-a75c-48ad-91d1-5316a96f9567

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-downloading-updates.890715/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to update my Laptop which has Windows Home Premium downloading Win10 Problem Updates Bit with SP to Windows I have downloaded the Windows ISO files and successfully burned a DVD During the burning process the integrity of the burn process was checked and was confirmed as OK I inserted the DVD and the process started indicating that the process was quot preparing quot I was then presented with a window quot Get important updates quot and I chose to Download and install updates Problem downloading Win10 Updates as recommended The window changed to show 'Getting Updates quot with an indication that it was quot Checking for updates quot This process went on for minutes with no apparent update files being downloaded I decided to close the window in the normal fashion but was unable to do so - it appeared that the process had locked up and the only way I could exit was to use the CTRL ALT DEL option and kill the process During the killing of the process it reported that quot Modern setup host is not responding quot I tried the procedure again but got the same result I would be grateful for any suggestions as to how I can cure the problem Thank You

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39538-problem-downloading-win10-updates.html
Relevancy 48.16%

The past two MS updates including the one today(MS06-001 - Vulnerability in Graphics Rendering Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution (912919)), resulting in a stop error blue screen 000007b upon rebooting. I was able to fix both by rebooting from the Win2K disk and going to the manual repair and then run chkdsk. After chkdsk ran and replace some security files, I exited and rebooted and things were fine -each time.
What could be happening with these updates?
Thanks much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-error-after-downloading-ms-updates.431527/
Relevancy 48.16%

This isn't the first time I've posted here about this problem and after the first time it did seem fixed for a while However after a few weeks said problem returned with a vengeance Etc... Updates, Issues Downloading, Automatic and I am on the verge of throwing this laptop out the window The problem is this I turn on my computer and everything is running smoothly Automatic Updates, Issues Downloading, Etc... and quickly But then in between five and fifteen minutes a little black box appears in the screen that resembles the quot command prompt quot box and it says quot C Windows system wuauclt exe quot on the top bar The box itself remains blank except for the little flashing white line Automatic Updates, Issues Downloading, Etc... Not only that when I tried to shut down my computer after the black box would appear it would tell me that it was quot Installing updates of please do not shut down or unplug your computer quot This screen would remain from anywhere between fifteen minutes and an hour before finally shutting down After some research I discovered that this was the automatic updating feature and that it could be corrupted by viruses I ran every scan I could and as far as I can tell this has not been caused by a virus So I posted here and received some instructions about cleaning and stopping the automatic updates And this did stop that little black box from appearing for the amount of time I would have my computer on However when I would turn it off and then turn it back on the little black box would pop up again Stopping it every time got annoying so I shut the automatic updating system down out of pure frustration Then as I am a college student and downloading assignments are a necessity for me I tried to download instructions for a term paper The computer claimed I downloaded it but it wasn't in my download box and then when i searched for it on the computer it wasn't there either This happened two days after I shut down the automatic update Then in the right hand corner of the screen I started getting warnings about how I had security problems because I shut down the automatic updating Is there anyone who can tell me how to permanently get rid of that black box and fix the automatic updating part of System And if possible tell me if my shutting down the automatic updating system for a few days destroyed my downloading capabilities A fast response would be much appreciated Thank you

A:Automatic Updates, Issues Downloading, Etc...

hi i suggest you read this previous thread and use the links within it hopefully it will help http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...xe-287233.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/automatic-updates-issues-downloading-etc-334883.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am arriving here at the Vista forum after going through a cleaning in the Malware Forums.  That link is http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498238/sirefefzeroacess-or-just-avg-uninstalling-incorrectly/

Whenever I try to download Windows Updates, I get the 80096001 error.  I get this error when attempting to download updates to Microsoft Security Essentials as well.  I tried resetting Windows Updates according to Microsoft KB 971058.  That has not helped. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:Get 80096001 when downloading Windows Updates

You might try narenxp's suggestion at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454325/80096001-cannot-get-windows-to-even-search-for-windows-updates/?p=2846422 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499709/get-80096001-when-downloading-windows-updates/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I have Windows Updates set to notify me when updates are available but allow me to decide when to download them In spite of this sometimes updates automatically install if I don't do it right away For example I receive a notice that updates are available but I'm in the middle of something else and I wait an hour or two before attempting to download them When I go back to the updates they've already been downloaded and installed even though I'm sure I didn't click anything to start the download But it doesn't do it with all the updates I'm not sure but I think it's doing it with Windows Defender and maybe some other security related updates I DON'T have Defender set to check for updates before an automatic scan I don't have automatic scanning turned on even Anyone else ever seen this or know what though manual to Updates downloading set automatically might be causing it I have Vista Home Basic bit Appreciate it

A:Updates automatically downloading though set to manual

Some updates will always be on automatic
Those for SecurityEessentials for example or Defender and some that are urgent.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/285411-updates-automatically-downloading-though-set-manual.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Guys I've recently installed Windows Ultimate on my desktop computer system and then I problems in Windows 7 downloading updates installed the SP service pack on the computer The desktop computer features these specifications - ASUS M A-VM motherboard - AMD Athlon X Dual Core CPU codename quot Windsor quot at GHz - GB DDR PC - memory - Integrated ATI Radeon X graphics I also have a separate Wireless-N networking card on that desktop computer It's a Linksys WMP dual-band Wireless-N PCI networking card Whenever I tried to run Windows Update on the system sometimes it takes a while for the computer to send receive information from Microsoft's servers concerning the updates for the particular operating system My internet connection is running okay for the most part doing activities other than Windows Update but sometimes - I often get an error saying that quot Windows Update Encountered an Unknown Error quot or something like that My theory could lay on a probable cause - the recent activity down at Microsoft's Servers that is problems downloading updates in Windows 7 at the time of this posting hogging up the resources for assisting users on upgrading their Windows system into the latest version of Windows - known as Windows I've also tried to do the same situation checking for updates that is on problems downloading updates in Windows 7 another computer which is the Lenovo Thinkpad T laptop computer - but at the time of this posting of the thread the problem is very similar to mine Anyways what particular suggestion that you can give to me at this point Should I reconfigure my networking settings for my computer or should I wait until the quot traffic quot dies down at Microsoft's problems downloading updates in Windows 7 servers The latter seems to be a silly question but I wanted suggestions

A:problems downloading updates in Windows 7

Sometimes, on some computers, when there are a lot of updates, they fail. Often though, if you deselect all, then select and install a few at a time, it will work fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-downloading-updates-in-windows-7-a-1026314.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, I have been really choosy in downloading Microsoft Updates and most of the time I only install updates like "update for microsoft windows 7 and security updates for windows 7". Do you guys install the .Net framework 4 updates? and is it really necessary?

A:Downloading Security Updates for .NET Framework 4, necessary?

Welcome to Seven Forums Nev4rForgotten. I personally take all the .net updates. But I also make system images before I do, just in case (I make weekly images anyway). The last (5/8) updates were security updates to prevent remote code execution. I think if you have .net installed, you should take the updates. Many recommend waiting to see if there are reported issues before installing, but do not skip them entirely.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-035 - Critical : Vulnerabilities in .NET Framework Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2693777)

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/229353-downloading-security-updates-net-framework-4-necessary.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Windows Update says it's Downloading Updates. It has said that more than 30 minutes ago. And it's still 0 KB total, 0% complete. What's going on?

A:Windows Update says downloading updates but 0% after 1hr.

If you have a slow internet connection and/or you have just done a clean install and there are many updates to download, you'll just have to be patient. For example, I just did a recent clean install of Windows 8.0 and there were 62 updates to download. I'd wait a bit more and see what happens if any of my previous assumption apply.

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33997-windows-update-says-downloading-updates-but-0-after-1hr.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone I just noticed that it has almost been a year since the last time my Windows Vista updated itself I had been constantly trying to update it and checking the Not Downloading Or Help! Updates Vista Installing!!! Please Microsoft site for new updates but with no luck Vista Updates Not Downloading Or Installing!!! Please Help! as they failed everytime I also tried to download those updates that allow you to download future updates how stupid is that but for some weird reason it just won t install them As far as I am concerned update KB is the one responsible for future updates I downloaded it straight from the Microsoft site since my Windows Update doesn t seem to work When I try to install KB it fails and I get this message The following updates were not installed quot Update for Windows KB quot Obviously I cannot install any updates until the quot future updates quot update is installed on my computer But since I can t do that Does that mean I am stuck with a non-updating and insecure Windows Vista I am begging for your help nbsp

A:Vista Updates Not Downloading Or Installing!!! Please Help!

I believe that particular update has been pulled by Microsoft due to problems some were having with it.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/683606-vista-sp1-auto-install-problem-4.html

Regarding the problem generally with downloading and installing updates, if I understand you correctly, you have your computer set to automatically download and install updates, and they are sometimes downloading but not installing? Or do they only download when you go to the site and do it yourself?

If you haven't looked already,there are a number of trouble shooting tips in Windows Help and Support. Just type in something like 'troubleshooting problems with installing updates', and see if there's anything there to help. I believe too, that sometimes antivirus programmes can prevent these from being installed, so you may want to try disabling yours temporarily to see if it makes a difference. You can also do a search on the error number you see when you right click on the failed update, and sometimes there's a link to follow.

Hopefully someone else will have some more suggestions for you, but if all else fails, you can always ring Microsoft for help. It's free (other than your call charges of course) for help with updates.

Let us know how you get on anyway. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-updates-not-downloading-or-installing-please-help.686442/
Relevancy 48.16%

Adobe Updates Downloading OK ? But NOT Installing ?
I am in the process of doing a completely fresh install of the operating system and everything else. All has been going OK and I have installed Photoshop CS55 from the CD, but when I try to get the latest updates it all goes wrong. My Bandwidth Monitor confirms the size of the down load and it?s speed. Then just at the end when it should then install the update, I get this error message to say that the update could not be downloaded, when I know full well it is sitting on my hard drive ??

Attached is the error message that is popping up ?
Any ideas ?

A:Adobe Updates Downloading OK - But NOT installing ?

Quote: Originally Posted by FredM8

Adobe Updates Downloading OK – But NOT Installing ?
I am in the process of doing a completely fresh install of the operating system and everything else. All has been going OK and I have installed Photoshop CS55 from the CD, but when I try to get the latest updates it all goes wrong. My Bandwidth Monitor confirms the size of the down load and it’s speed. Then just at the end when it should then install the update, I get this error message to say that the update could not be downloaded, when I know full well it is sitting on my hard drive ??

Attached is the error message that is popping up ?
Any ideas ?

What happens when you "Contact customer support for further assistance" as noted in the message? If you haven't contacted them, simply click the "Blue Text" in the message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/341636-adobe-updates-downloading-ok-but-not-installing.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Sometimes I have 2 updates downloading at the same time, ( Windows XP and Norton ). I do have a DSL internet connection running XP Media Center with a 2006 Gateway desktop PC. So my question is how does the system handle more than one application downloading of any updates at once, is it first come first serve, so the other download just waits it's turn ? Or is it possible for the data to get corrupted from this ?

A:Solved: 2 updates downloading at the same time ?

It really is no problem for the OS to deal with this, and no it does not corrupt data doing this, I have had over 10 downloads going at one time, it takes longer but its no problem for the OS to do it.

All the data packets have headers, this is the info that directs the packets to the proper place according to the software that is downloading. Kind of like a built in traffic director, works pretty flawlessly no matter how many downloads are going on.

There are restrictions in Internet Explorer on how many silmultaneous downloads you can have going at one time, it used to be 2, but you can increase it if you want. This does not apply to programs downloading updates, or windows updates, no restrictions for these.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282402

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-2-updates-downloading-at-the-same-time.880198/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi There
We deploy images or special builds for new or used PC to clients and in the past couple of months the Windows update services are taking for ever to download or even pickup on updates.
Can anybody else confirm this?
I believe MS are pushing us towards Windows 10 as we have tested a number of the same Windows 7 images and done the upgrade to Windows 10 without any issues
Something is not right.
Regards
Warren

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a985de8f-261e-474c-85b1-6473e6493584/windows-7-updates-not-downloading-or-slow?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 48.16%

I noticed last night that Windows Update had 55 updates to download.  Upon further inspection, it said updates were last downloaded sometime in November.

I have run the Windows Update Troubleshooting; it resolved some items, but not others (forgot to take a screenshot).  Now Windows Update says I have never even checked for updates.

Following the advice on other threads, I selected only 2 of the updates, then let it run overnight.  I woke up this morning to ZERO percent complete.  Ugh.

I'm able to view pages on Internet Explorer and Chrome without issue, and MalwareBytes was able to update just fine.  What next?

A:Windows Update not downloading updates

Download the Windows Update Readiness Tool and run it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612719/windows-update-not-downloading-updates/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was sent here after posting on the Vista Forum For the past several weeks I have not been able to update programs such as my virus scanner my accounting program Peachtree and other programs that require frequent updating The program downloading updates Problem response I get is quot unable to connect to the server quot with the virus scanner and quot No internet connection quot with the accounting program Today I attempted to download a game from RealArcade after signing up for their game pass I was able to attempt the game download but was unable to succeed Received a msg that quot A network related error has occurred Please ensure your computer is connected to the Internet and click Yes to retry now or No to exit quot Multiple attempts have not succeeded I thought perhaps the problem downloading today may be related to the program update issue Maybe not I am Problem downloading program updates connected on the internet using Bellsouth DSL and usually have no problem downloading In fact downloaded and deleted Vuze today Nothing was downloaded using Vuze after one attempt that failed I uninstalled the program However I had no problem downloading the two programs used to create the attached file and the following text from one of the programs Attempts made to correct Restored my computer to a date prior to the issue begining From the command prompt ran sfc which detected Problem downloading program updates problems but Problem downloading program updates was unable to repair all of them Anyway I'm at a loss as to how to repair the problem Any assistance provided will be greatly appreciated lt lt lt lt lt DDS File follows gt gt gt gt gt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Rebecca Wood at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork F Program Files iWin Games iWinGamesInstaller exe F Program Files iWin Games iWinTrusted exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system lxdbcoms exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe c Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system notepad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Rebecca Wood Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google com uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp ... Read more

A:Problem downloading program updates

Hello AU_Tygrz,

I would have preferred some other troubleshooting to have been done before referrring you here. I'm not seeing any malware in your logs. See if you can get this online scan done to search for any remnants. It can take some time, so please be patient and allow it to run it's full course:

**Vista users - right click on the IE icon and run as administrator

Using Internet Explorer or Firefox, visit http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/par...avwebscan.html

1. Click Accept, when prompted to download and install the program files and database of malware definitions.

2. To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:Close any open programs
Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

3. Click Run at the Security prompt. The program will then begin downloading and installing and will also update the database. Please be patient as this can take several minutes.Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
Click View scan report at the bottom.

Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/problem-downloading-program-updates-364437.html
Relevancy 48.16%

When I try downloading updates from Toshiba for my Satellite Pro C870-1E2 running Windows 7 Pro. it either ends up in "Programs and Features" or just vanishes.Anybody know how it is done?because Toshiba just passes the buck.

A:Downloading Driver Updates from Toshiba

Hi there .. Where are your Downloads saved to .. Toshiba Setup Utility probably deals with all your Updates . If every thing seems to be in order You do not have much to worry about

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302341-downloading-driver-updates-toshiba.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Like a number of people a few weeks back, I could not open Windows after downloading that ginormous 13-update patch. I have Windows XP Professional, an IBM R32 Thinkpad, and got the infamous BSOD with the following error codes:

"STOP: 0X000000E3"

"A thread tried to release a source it did not own."

"0X80558BEO"
"0X82FFFFCA548"
"0X00000000"
"0X00000002"

Windows will not start in safe mode or return to last settings, etc. I remember reading here somebody had found a fix, but I can't find it now (I was too sick to deal with it at the time). Can anybody here point me in the right direction? Thanks!