Windows Support Forum

Weird problem when on the Net

Q: Weird problem when on the Net

My system has starting to slow down and sometimes stop when on the net. Seems to be when waiting for a reply to a request like opening a web site. When opening my email I have to wait for a minute because when the page opens and I start to type the screen go blank and the page will redisplay....any thing that I typed will be gone. System is running on an ethernet cable. More problems seems to be when I back page it will take some time before the page will display. Has at times just hang and will not go back.

Another weird problem is when I try to download Flash Player it will not let it download. Just hangs and does nothing.

These program are more on Chrome than on Firefox. Also when I send it my work timesheet Chrome will not display the reply from my company but Firefox will. AT&T has run several test on the DSL line and said all is OK. Eithernet card problem maybe? I am beginning to think maybe a complete system failure is coming.

BTW...Lap top runs fine on wireless.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Weird problem when on the Net

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Weird problem when on the Net

Disable all browser extensions and add-ons, quit the browser and relaunch it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem-when-on-the-net.209544/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am completely perplexed with this Ok so I have the Solved: Weird 120% weird Alcohol ACCESS - problem DENIED with installation file for Alcohol v Solved: Weird weird problem with Alcohol 120% - ACCESS DENIED on a DVD so when I try copy pasting it to my E drive I get an Access Denied - Make sure the file is not in use or write protected error However I can copy it with no problem to my C drive Once I do that if I try to run the installation I get the quot Windows cannot find the specified path device or file Make sure you have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot error Trying to copy it from C to E gives me the access denied error again and I ve already removed all atributes like read-only What the hell is going on here I m system administrator and in the years I ve been using WinXP I have never seen this problem The file isn t corrupt it works on other computers Right clicking on it the context menu takes a good seconds to show up nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone,

i'm having a weird problem in my setup, it's not a real problem but it's very annoying.

i can't post a screenshot right now, but the situation is pretty simple:

i have a "login button" (see attached example) floating on the left of my third screen. It's the same exact button from the login screen.

The button can't be moved, it doesn't react to right-click but it does react to left click, showing the account control panel

If i try to change resolution (forcing a redraw of the screens) the button goes away, then it comes back in the same position after some time (minutes)

how can i get rid of it?
thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379322-weird-weird-graphic-problem-3-screens-setup.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,
I have just installed ms office professional recently. I usually open this program for a game. When i open it it gives me this -- Imageshack - 85374956
It happened with this program. I dont think it does with the other ones..
This has not happened until i installed ms office 2007. im really pissed now because i have had quite alot of problems with it. I might just uninstall it and never install it again because its interfeiring with other programs. If anyone can help cool if not ill just uninstall it.

A:Weird - Very weird annoying problem

Nothing happens if you wait for it to "finish configuring"? May I suggest trying to run it as administrator? Even if you're running an administrator account, you may want to try and give the program administrator privileges; right-click on the program you're running and select Run as Administrator.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243570-weird-very-weird-annoying-problem.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have the strangest problem with my internet since updating to W8. My internet works absolutely fine all day, up until later in the day (not sure what time exactly this happens) but it stops working! It says it is connected but it simple can't find a network.

I am connected via LAN to an apartments in house internet setup.

I honestly have no idea what the problem could be! When I was in W7 it was fine. The ethernet cable is always plugged in properly.

I have talked to the internet "pro's" who operate the LAN in the building but they are confused by this too.

Help would be great thanks.

A:Weird Weird Problem!

Are others in the building also losing their internet access at a similar time? Upgrading to Windows 8 could be co-incidental. There are some really bizarre things that can upset an ADSL signal if that's how the building gets its access.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12518-weird-weird-problem.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey guys today I got a HELP! RAM Weird PLEASE problem, new Radeon and i was going to install it but the ram modules were blocking the way so I took those out put the card in and not knowing that one of the ram modules was not in my computer I started it up Everything booted up fine download the latest drivers for the card and then I went to go benchmark it in DMark Weird RAM problem, PLEASE HELP! SE I had gotten a score of on the defaults I realized Weird RAM problem, PLEASE HELP! the RAM module wasnt in my computer so I put it in after I did another benchmark with the same settings and had gotten a score of I didn t why i got lower with mbs of pc RAM then mb PC RAM does anyone know why and how I could fix this problem I mean is my mobo that crappy It s a MSI K t Turbo Please help I don t know what to do Thx to whoever reads this and responds P S My system specs are in my profile tab P S S Sorry for writing so much nbsp

A:Weird RAM problem, PLEASE HELP!

Run the test again. These such benchmarking programs can really vary time to time, you may have had some antivirus program running in the 2nd try...just try it again.

Dunno why it would score in excess of 200 points lower though

Ah, after you run it the 2nd time, shut down and take the 2nd stick out again, and run the benchmark a 3rd time just to clarify that it is the extra RAM's fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-ram-problem-please-help.3682/
Relevancy 36.98%

This is a very strange problem I have Problem-Weird! on log XP a WINXP Pro computer and the power supply died After replacing it I can't get into WinXP When I start the computer I get to a Blue Screen and a Box titled quot Windows Logon quot In the box are my name as the User and a letter password asterisks Then the following message appears in another box quot The system could not log you on Make sure the user name and the domain are correct then type your password XP log on Problem-Weird! again Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case quot I XP log on Problem-Weird! have never had a password I am the only user and never needed one This box pops up even when I try via quot safe mode quot I have tried to use a couple of quot Password Recovery quot programs but XP log on Problem-Weird! I don't see any name or password I have SATA drives so many of the programs won't work I also tried a quot Repair Install quot but the same box pops up This is driving me crazy I am a somewhat knowledgeable user but I can't find a fix for this I hope someone has an answer Please Note I am not trying to discover a password or hack anything I am only trying to get into my own machine Thanks Jim

A:XP log on Problem-Weird!

Have you tried restoring the default BIOS settings? It appears that your PC is trying to boot from a network. Check the boot order, as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-log-on-problem-weird-73749.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Changed IDE controller to both in the BIOS of the old P2 so that the CDROM would show up again, boot up windows and my display driver has been erased, and the network connection and internet do not work. The router is showing a signal from the PC. I connect on a home network of 2 PCs sharing a DSL connection. The other PC works fine, except it obviously can't "talk" to the other PC over the network.

Thanks for any ideas

A:Weird problem

The fact that Windows doesn't recognize your vid card also suggests that you have messed up your mobo configuration in Windows. Open Device Manager and see if your vid card, NIC, sound card, etc are all detected correctly.

Reinstalling drivers for your mobo (chipset) should fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem.3548/
Relevancy 36.98%

I am going to keep this simple, I am having a problem with my CD-ROM not turning off after I stop a program and also when I run SCF /scannow i get a bunch of dll errors. For more details, here is a link of another forum where I first posted this information.http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=39687It would be really nice if someone could find a way that I can fix my problem without XP cd as it is in another province.

A:Weird Problem

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install THis would be the quickest way and will repair all your files and registry

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85750/weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

hey guys and girls

I just finished building my pc , it switches on with no problems i set the boot priority, the cd rom being the first. i insert the windows xp disc to install it loads up and then starts copying the files to the hard drive, all is going well so far, then when it comes to the part do you want to install windows press enter, i do that, then the pc takes a while to load then just restarts itself, this error happens always at the same point, i have also tried 2 windows discs.

Hi peety87

Just to make sure --- after Windows XP has finished much of it's installation work, it is supposed to reboot: if you allow your computer to reboot again from the CD-drive at that point, it will start Setup again. Does this describe what is happening?

If so, after XP Setup has finished copying it's files & reboots, make sure to choose "boot from hard disk" from then on.

See if that does it (if not, let us know)
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-problem-123285.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have Win XP Pro SP I am the administrator Weird Problem Very Very of my PC and I have no other accounts a I cant access my Taskmanager It says Taskmanager Disabled by administrator b I cant access registry editor It Very Very Weird Problem says Registry Editor Disable by administrator I went to start -- run -- gpedit msc local Computer Policy -- User Config -- Admin Template -- System Here I tried changing the settings of both Taskmanger and Regedit It worked I got my taskmgr when I hit ctrl-alt-del But the taskmansger stays on for - seconds and disappears Samething happens to regedit it comes on the screen for seconds and disappears I reformatted my PC hr back and the problem still remains I cant even start the PC in Safe Mode After hitting F key I select Safe Mode but it just restarts the PC Wont boot with safe mode I did a AVG virusscan but no virus was found When I try to run Spybot it doesnt load Cant run CCleaner also I am pretty sure its a virus Plz help nbsp

A:Very Very Weird Problem

Gonna refer you here: http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/622404-please-read-here-first-before.html

Then post in the Security & HJT forum.

Best of luck!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-very-weird-problem.827229/
Relevancy 36.98%

My SCSI/RAID Host Controller is corrupt or something?
Please look at the 2 images for information.
I don't even know what brand this is.
I got an HP Pavilion t134a
Please help me!!!

Relevancy 36.98%

I was on my pc.. which has vista 32bit.. and all of a sudden, it went mad, it threw open a dozen programmes, including skype and command prompt.. along with opening about 30 windows to Logitech's website, but that might have been because it also opened my webcam...

has anyone got any ideas what the hell went on ?

it did freeze for a bit after that too, but i guess that might be because it opened so much stuff.... seriously, all these windows opened within seconds

please help

thank you

A:Weird never seen before problem

What were you doing?What site(s) where you on?Did you see any popup messages and perhaps click on one?You can always go back a couple of days and do a reset?The crew here needs more information and you may need to post in the Am I Infected forum?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198816/weird-never-seen-before-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

In a nutshell I installed a new hard drive Maxtor GB and set the jumers correctly on IDE have a CDRW on IDE and a CDROM on the same cable as secondary slave it is set up this was IDE Primary Master Maxtor GB Primary Slave Maxtor GB IDE Secondary Master CDRW Secondary Slave None it doesn t see the CDRW I got Win SE to open initially and the smaller drive previously C did copy over to the new GB drive entirely use MaxBlast Now on boot up from C I get the usual information on RAM drives doesn t see the CDRW but I am now hung up at quot Verifying DMI Weird problem... files quot he screen initially saod it updated ECSD files ECSD or ECSD the next line was Verifying DMI SUCCESSFUL However I am stopped at the Verifying DMI line and it won t boot into Windows Help I did remve the CMOS battery just now and will leave it off tonight nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi everyone There is something wrong with my computer and I really can t pinpoint what it is It started this morning with my email program telling me that the inbox was damaged Eudora and a new one Problem Weird needs to be created This happens every single time I open it and now Weird Problem its telling me cannot read write to inbox as inbox contains an invalid argument Every time I reset the computer it tells me the disk needs to be checked and so I let it go through the first thing it says it that the pagefile sys is an invalid size then it goes through temporary internet files one by one saying every single file is either cross linked to some allocation unit or the first allocation unit is not valid and will be truncated It keeps going and going and I have ended up resetting it and skipping disk check because it takes too long The other weird thing is that some of the keyboard buttons don t work such as quot CTRL quot like when I press CTRL H just the letter h comes up on the screen and the history does not appear The and - keys do not work above the keypad only on the numerical keypad My antivirus is having a fit and will not work at all I use VET and I ran pccillin house call which did not find anything I also ran adaware which did not find anything I am really stumped I have never seen anything like this before Please help I am running Windows XP Pro Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.341997/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello i need help with a problem that my friend is having One day he turned on his computer and Windows XP problem Weird wouldn t load right before the loading screen this Weird problem shows up quot NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart quot or something like that So i ve decided to just re-install it During installation i got atlast times BSOD containing stop errors the only one i can remember is it contained quot ntfs sys quot So i ve googled around and i found some solution where i had to go to the Recovery thingy from the CD and copy the ntsf sys file from the installation CD into window s system folder After that i went into BIOS and enabled some option that quot Weird problem tolerates memory quot or something like that Ever since then the ntsf error stopped showing and so installation went successful So i set Weird problem up the resolution moved around some icons downloaded some tools like Winamp Skype Realtek HD audio driver SiS Mirage integrated VGA for his pc Installed all of that and ofcourse the drivers required restart i restarted and after the loading screen it showed quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS system config SYSTEM quot After that I tried recovering using the recovery tool twice and it still showed that error I decided to re-format and re-install and went outside for over minutes when i came back there was no screen tried re-starting the computer and the screen but still couldn t see anything Also there was no beep So could all of these problems be caused by RAM damage or something I also forgot to mention that he had MB RAM now he has MB O lt - this leads me to thinking its cause of the RAM because i remember seeing threads where people are asking why there is no screen and the replies were cause ram is dead or something like that His computer is pretty old and it ain t that good could it the monitor have overheated nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I am having a problem with a friends computer .
He brought it here to help him out , but i am stuck
The problem is that he uses a dial up modem (yes i know ) .
But whenever the dialing ends his laptop shuts down .
I checked with AVG whether its a virus or so , but avg found nothing at all .

Anyone has any idea as to what this might be ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.678250/
Relevancy 36.98%

Apologies if this is the wrong section weird 64 problem bit & Very 32 on which Very weird problem 64 & 32 bit to start this thread Still new to this forum and just joined out of desperation I decided to give a try at Windows Looked up Microsoft W site and downloaded the -bit version I'm VERY sure that I downloaded the x as the filename says - x fre client en-us retail ultimate-grc culxfrer en dvd iso I checked the -bit filename to make sure which says x so very sure Installed Very weird problem 64 & 32 bit without a hitch and upon first bootup I proceeded to install my newly Very weird problem 64 & 32 bit downloaded -bit drivers nForce nVIDIA Forceware etc and to my surprise it reported that I'm not running the -bit OS I checked system properties and it reports System Type -bit Operating System I reapplied for another CD-Key to make sure that I was using and reinstalled from scratch times Windows still reporting -bit I have looked all over the net looking for someone with the same issue but I simply cannot find anyone complaning about it CPU Intel Core Quad Q M B Asus Striker II Extreme so yeah pretty sure my system IS -bit Anyone has any ideas This thing is driving me nuts as it's not making any sense unless Microsoft screwed up the versions on download page

A:Very weird problem 64 & 32 bit

This Dxdiag might help prove my point:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/13/2009, 12:47:50
Machine name: STACKER
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7000) (7000.winmain_win7beta.081212-1400)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 1962MB used, 4476MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7000.0000 32bit Unicode

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/13063-very-weird-problem-64-32-bit.html
Relevancy 36.98%

When I run my computer for a while , (like 12 hours) I lose connection to my internet and I can't connect. If I have a game like runescape open while this occurs, it doesn't effect it. I can still play it. But after the internet stops working I can't connect to anything. When I try to run MSN, I used the trouble shooting thing and it said that the key ports wasn't working. If anyone could help me with this I would really apreciate it. thanks so much - jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/weird-problem-447257.html
Relevancy 36.98%

First hello all!
i am having a weird problem, my cmd window keeps opening whenever i reboot,switch users,and sign off and back in. first my pc is a Lenovo ultrabook s5 thinkpad, running windows 10 anniversary update. 64 bit os and what i did was play around with the RUN cmd and typed explorer /a and now i get the task manager opening up and the run box with the explorer /a still typed in, and the file explorer window opens up too. i tried to END TASK, but that just closed the window and then i reboot and it all starts again. what the hell did i do? please can smeone help? anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/help-please-im-having-very-weird-problem-4606629/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey, I have a weird microphone problem on my computer.
The computer can find my mic and it works perfectly in windows recorder and everything (I've tried to record my self and I can hear myself when I play the file afterwards), however when I try to use my mic in a program like Skype or Ventrilo, I can't make anyone else here me.
I'm using Windows 7 atm but I had the same problem earlier, when I was using Windows Vista as well. So I don't think it has anything to do with that.
And I've gone through every configuration in Skype, Ventrilo and Team Speak. Yet I can't find any solution.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 36.98%

My computer was working all fine for 1 year until few days ago, suddenly when i opened it said boot disc failure, insert system..... i changed bios settings so itself and had to disable all IDE from bios in order for the computer to boot.

A:Weird IDE or Mb problem

Check for CD or Floppy in the drives
Enable IDE again
Confirm boot order in CMOS
Reseat IDE cables

Test again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-ide-or-mb-problem.106586/
Relevancy 36.98%

st fix right click on properties of game icon click on compatibility run this program XP service pack instead of service pack i weird problem did this but it caused a new issue so i went back to service pack nd fix start task manager end explorer exe and the game wont bug out this prooved to give me no problems so i still use weird problem this fix the problem is ever since doing this i noticed a severe different in the way my computer is responding in versatile situations for example now when i am running my weird problem game and lets say i have a nd or rd program running if im playing the game and i press F it usually activates the nd or rd program but now if i have the game open nothing else is reactable like the game somehow freezes all outside actions and i cant relate the game with my macro program or communication programs this is really bogus and if anyone could help me out that d be awesome thanks weird thing is all other programs are still working together its only this game that somehow locks up my comps versatility nbsp

A:weird problem

DizzyGuy said:

weird thing is all other programs are still working together its only this 1 game that somehow locks up my comps versatility Click to expand...

The game isn't the problem, ending Explorer.exe is. Explorer.exe is the user shell, which controls/displays the taskbar, desktop, and other user interface features.

What game are you having problems with? What is the issue you are experiencing? How did it change in compatibilty mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.993921/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey guys Thanks for taking your time to read my post I've been playing this game sort of thing called Utherverse I had IP weird help problem! with some Need played it for days and then the admins banned me and said my account had violated the rules Anyhow no problem So i go to create a new account and successfully do so But when I try to login it says quot Error Selected profile banned quot So i contact my brother and he says they have made an IP ban on my household But i didnt Need help with some weird IP problem! believe so So i went ahead and tried to log on with my laptop and had no problems doing that - So my question is Obviously they have banned my one computer from the game - How to make it being able to play again lt kisses Amanda INFO I Need help with some weird IP problem! have netgear network and very fast network Its not possible for me to play on my laptop cause its so Need help with some weird IP problem! slow - I use W and have some very fast computer - kiss kiss kiss

A:Need help with some weird IP problem!

Hi Amanda, I'm afraid we can't be of any help getting around your ban. You would have to contact the site where you have your account. If they've banned your account, they're the only ones who can lift it. Also, I've edited your signature so there isn't so much personal info in it. Better safe than sorry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-some-weird-ip-problem-613489.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey guys i am running a custom build. My PC has been working fine. I started it up today and now Internet Explorer,FireFox will not open, It crashes when opened. My game manager Steam also crashes when PC is turned on.

-If i try "Internet Explorer 64Bit" it works fine.
-If i try Internet Explorer without addons it freezes
-Ran Malwarebytes Scans, No infected files
-SuperAntiSpyware crashes when trying to install
-Did a system restore,No luck
-Ran a CHKDSK
-Ran sfc /scannow

For a 2500 dollar rig it is sure not running like it, Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Very weird problem!

Hello infotechgp,

When you're saying that the computer crashed, do you mean freeze/error message or does it ever result in a Bluscreen? Whats the exact error message?

If you run the computer in Safemode (Press F8 during startup), does the services/applications work fine then?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/very-weird-problem-611596.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey guys real sorry weird a need I problem. help for in advance if this has been all explained in another thread Here's what happened I went from Vista to home premium without any trouble and installed my usual programs Then my computer started crashing with some IRQL less or equal BSOD errors while I was downloading files I need help for a weird problem. gt mbps The problem persisted but had no effect at all on speed during startup and I grew a bit tired I need help for a weird problem. of it so I chose to follow the system's advice to troubleshoot the startup Since then my computer started taking over minutes to boot and even though I scrolled countless threads I managed to fail resolving the problem Then I though that I maybe had messed up something in the OS so I reinstalled making sure that I had formatted everything The problem is that the startup is stil WAY slower than what it used to be from a startup time of s before the troubleshoot when i went from vista to to around minutes I tried starting with minimal settings and it still takes over minutes Just in case it can give an insight to anyone the startup lags at the quot I need help for a weird problem. windows starting with the pulsing flag and then right after I put my PW in to log ESET's system inspector tells me that my drivers are fine and my windows index is still the same at Windows troubleshoots detect no problem whatsoever All in all I just don't get what's wrong with my lappy so I'm asking for help Thanks all in advance Learn

A:I need help for a weird problem.

This will help diagnose the problem
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

also try safe mode

Try checking the event viewer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/100970-i-need-help-weird-problem.html
Relevancy 36.98%

This is a long one At work we support a WAN for the town we operate in The WAN consists of locations a main office and branch offices All offices have Meg cable service for internet with Problem Weird VPN Cisco ISR Routers as the default gateways The branch offices use a VPN Tunnel to connect back to the main office to run Weird VPN Problem a terminal program on a server in the main office The operation has been fully function for over months now with no problems what so ever However on Monday of this week we get calls that the performance of the terminal program he reduced significantly at the branch offices To the point where it would take - minutes for any type of response back from the server However all other internet applications ran Internet Explorer and Outlook are the most common at full speed At each site we reset the routers and cable modems which did not solve the problem We then contacted the people who provided the internet access and the folks at Cisco to work on the problem They have both escalated the problem to their highest level and are working together to formalize a solution There has yet to be a solution However today we decided to return to the sites and see if we may have over looked something While on site we setup a minute continuous ping from the branch office to the main office and we had a packet loss We then setup another minute continous ping and surfed the internet while the ping was at work We returned back with a packet loss At that point we had the client work with the application while we went hog wild at clicking anything we could on yahoo com therefore generated a steady stream of web traffic The client then told us the application worked great We stopped the clicking and the application began to work poor again We then setup internet radio on a computer and it streamed a radio station The program worked flawlessly from there on out As long as web traffic was being produced the application worked fine No web traffic the application worked poorly At this point we told the client to stream music all day long as a work around until a solution is found Any ideas on what s going on nbsp

A:Weird VPN Problem

How's VPN setup? With GRE, IP NHRP DMVPN, or just straight IPSEC?

Crypto ACL tunnel everything through headend?

IP Inspect / IP Audit on outside interface of router? This is probably screwing with Crypto map because it's not permitting AH from headend to remote sites.

It's simply a config issue. Can't tell you much else without configs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-vpn-problem.407535/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, I got a Dell with a win xp about two years ago. It runs fine but now I got a few weird problem. Couple days ago when I try to start up my pc and it shut down by it self right away. And when I try to start it up again, a message shows up in the black back screen. "Alert! Previous shutdown due to thermal event. Strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility.

I have no clue how bad this problem it is, but it's like 70 degree in my apartment. Now, it heppens every time I start up my pc. I can still turn on my pc after a couple of trys, but I'm a bit worried.

Any help? Thanks a lot btw.

A:weird pc problem

Sounds like the CPU fan isn't working. Take the side panel off (or swing it open if it is one of the clamshell cases) and then power it up. See if the CPU fan is spinning. You may need to take the green cowling off.

If it isn't, power down right away (looks like the protection is working). Call a local pc shop and they can get you a replacement heatsink/fan assembly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-pc-problem-82021.html
Relevancy 36.98%

so my gaming pc i just got has a weird problem... as soon as the cpu hits 64 degrees celcius it shut my whole computer down... i am dumb when it comes to computer so ill try and tell you what it has..
8 gigs of ram
amd phenom quad core processor
asus mother board
nvidia 550 ti cyclone 2
and i think that it.... please help if you can i have researched this for days and i dont know what to do anymore... thanks

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I ve been experiencing a strange problem with Windows Xp recently It started after I d saved a few game demos to my desktop tried right-clicking one to delete it got a msg saying windows explorer had encountered a problem then I lost all the icons and XP problem Weird the taskbar on my desktop Weird XP problem I could still alt-tab between things that were open ctrl-alt-del to get the task manager etc but no desktop I re-booted and managed to delete the files I d been trying to delete Weird XP problem using dos command through the console This seemed Weird XP problem to work ok But I m still getting the same problem at times I haven t managed to isolate it exactly yet but one situation it occurred was when I was trying to make a backup copy of an existing exe file game to install a patch earlier today and it did it again I ve run a full scan using AVG which came up with nothing and have also run PC Tune-Up Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Weird XP problem

Go to Start > Run and type

sfc /scannow

and have your installation CD handy. System File Checker will examine your system files and replace any corrupt or missing files. The only feedback it gives is a progress bar. Don't interrupt it, let it run to completion and it will exit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-xp-problem.845807/
Relevancy 36.98%

When i turn on my computer, the CONTROL PANEL window opens at start up. And the time keeps on adjusting itself in terms of GMT. But the most serious problem is that WHEN I SAVE A FILE OR CHANGE SOMETHING IN ANY SETTINGS, THE SAVED FILE WILL DISAPPEAR THE NEXT TIME I TURN MY COMPUTER ON AND ANY CHANGE UNDONE. why is this? please help

Relevancy 36.98%

Dear colleagues,

I have this weird problem. When I switch on my pc, it starts buzzing but isn't displaying anything on the monitor. And it continues like this for like half and hour and someone must perpetually reset it until it starts working OK. Could you please tell me what's the problem?

Thank you !

Best Regards
Stefany

A:Weird problem with the pc

You think have a bad Power Supply Unit, you may want to replace it as soon as possible, a bad power unit is nothing to take lightly. I think you should try to use it as little as possible, or not at all if you have another working computer around the house.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/181809-weird-problem-pc.html
Relevancy 36.98%

A friend was screwing around with mIRC and somehow damaged IE. It won't open any pages and none of the IE dependent programs such as WMP work correctly (i.e. the CDDB can't be reached so CD's don't come up with any labeled tracks). We've tried about everything to fix it. We even downloaded SP2. I've tried to uninstall by clicking on "ieuninstall" but I keep getting this message:
| /q --Quiet mode
| /z --No Reboot
|
| ________
| |OK
|____________________________________

As a last resort I guess we'll just reformat but that will definitely be a last resort. We've been using Mozilla Firefox but it just doesn't work the same and none of the IE dependent programs work with it. Please help.

A:weird IE problem

Well, you can't uninstall IE. It's an integral part of the OS. However, you could try to repair it:
To repair IE, open the control paneland click on Windows Programs, then on add / remove programs. Click on IE and then the next menu that comes up will give you an option for repairing IE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-ie-problem.312040/
Relevancy 36.98%

ok i own a site called thetopgamerz.com ( you can remove it if i broke a rule sorry). i have a modem and a router, my ethernet cable from my pc runs to the router and every site loads fine except mine but when i plug my cable straight into my modem i can load my site any help on how to fix this problem?

First I'd try just power cycling the router, if not already tried.

Second, reset the router to factory default settings and see if that solves the issue.

If we have to trouble shoot ...

What is the brand and model of the modem? Of the router?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

ping thetopgamerz.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.1045447/
Relevancy 36.98%

Recently I moved plenty file from my old laptop to my external HD.
Afterward, I can't save anything in the old laptop. It keep referring to external HD instead of using internal laptop HD.
So I can't save anything unless I plug my external HD. The laptop is acting as if the HD hard disc is his.
Is there anyway to solve this?

Should be able to click OK on the warning
then choose a different location to save to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.944988/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have Win XP Pro SP I am the administrator of my PC Very Problem Weird Very and Very Very Weird Problem I have no other accounts a I Very Very Weird Problem cant access my Taskmanager It says Taskmanager Disabled by administrator b I cant access registry editor It says Registry Editor Disable by administrator I went to start -- run -- gpedit msc local Computer Policy -- User Config -- Admin Template -- System Here I tried changing the settings of both Taskmanger and Regedit It worked I got my taskmgr when Very Very Weird Problem I hit ctrl-alt-del But the taskmansger stays on for - seconds and disappears Samething happens to regedit it comes on the screen for seconds and disappears I reformatted my PC hr back and the problem still remains I cant even start the PC in Safe Mode After hitting F key I select Safe Mode but it just restarts the PC Wont boot with safe mode I did a AVG virusscan but no virus was found Also ran Mcafee Stinger but didnt find any virus When I try to run Spybot it doesnt load Cant run CCleaner also I am posting the log from HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe I I Drive Stinger stinger exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE I I Drive Process Explorer procexp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C DOCUME KUNJIK LOCALS Temp weji exe C DOCUME KUNJIK LOCALS Temp wynfu exe C WINDOWS system WINMINE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http google com O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F CD- EE- A-B F - FAEE CB NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip F CD- EE- A-B F - FAEE CB NameServer O - Winlogon Notify avgrsstarter - C WINDOWS SYSTEM avgrsstx dll O - Service AVG Free WatchDog avg wd - AVG Technologies CZ s r o - C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe -- End of file - bytes I am pretty sure its a virus nbsp

A:Very Very Weird Problem

My AVG says I have Tanantos-M Virus. How do i get rid of this ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-very-weird-problem.827303/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello Everyone

I am having this strange new Problem. For some reason I am unable to connect to cetrain Internet sites including this website using my DSL connection. The same goes for mail.yahoo.com but I can get to yahoo.com.
I am unable to update my AVG using DSL and my Sygate Personal Firewall found TrueVectorService, LSA Shell.exe (Export Version) trying to access the internet. I ran Spybot and it came out empty. Any advice or suggestions as to what might be the cause will be helpful
thank you very much
clea skies
Vishnu

A:Weird Problem: Please Help

Do this:
go to http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/ , and download 'Hijack This!'.....
Unzip it to its own folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show other issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

If you have anything disabled by MSConfig or any other startup manager, please re-enable it before scanning to post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem-please-help.219937/
Relevancy 36.98%

My computer has recently developed the new trick of just shutting down without warning. When the computer tries to reboot, I get an error message about inserting the system disk. when i shut it off and turn it back on manually it boots just fine. I then get the message that the system has recovered from a serious error and it identifies two files(?) that are involved. Any help or guidance on what is causing this new trick would be appreciated.
C:\docume~1\admini~1\locals~1\temp\wer7cf5.dir00\mini012005-03.dmp
C:\docume~1\admini~1\locals~1/temp/wer7cf5.dir001/sysdata.xml
Thanks ahead of time!

A:Weird problem with XP pro ed.

Those "files" are simply the data dump that contains (perhaps) the reason for the fault. They are the "log files" of the system.

Try disabling restart on error. That might give a blue screen lockup instead of a reboot, with a visible error code.

Start - Control Panel - System - Advanced - Startup and recovery/Settings - untick "Automatically restart"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem-with-xp-pro-ed.321712/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey all, I'm having a weird problem with Internet Explorer. Basically every 2-3 minutes i get an error message popping up saying Internet explorer has stopped working. Vista searches for a problem and when its done i click on close program. This keeps on happening.

The weird part is that i dont use IE, i use Firefox. At first i thought it was spyware or adware that was trying to launch IE so i ran Spybot then Adaware and found nothing. Then i tried Malware bytes and AVG and still found nothing.
I tried updating windows and internet explorer, this had no effect. I've checked problem reports and solutions but theres no solution for it. I havent installed any new software or changed hardware recently so I'm quite stumped.

Anybody have any idea what might be happening?

P.S. I'm running 32 bit Home edition of vista.

Relevancy 36.98%

I sure hope you can help me I am using an HP laptop gighz The problem I am having is that it boots up just find I put in the password and the desktop comes up I can Problem Weird open anything I want once Then nothing will open ctrl alt delet doesn t work run will not open the control panel will not open and I can click on start shut down and it looks like it is going to work but then nothing It will not even shut down I ran a virus program earlier and it had several trojans Weird Problem in some of the windows system files which I deleted hope that wasn t what did it It acts like it is going to open anything I click on the hour glass appears and then it just goes away without doing anything I have to hold down the power button to shut it off Any help you can give me would be appreciated nbsp

Try to boot in safe mode and see if you can open your programs. You should post your system specs here so we know what we are dealing with. Also have a look by the time in the bottom left corner, are there a lot of icons there? Run msconfig and disable any unecessary programs that may be starting. If you are getting any eror messages please post them here as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.580775/
Relevancy 36.98%

ok one pc please help this with weird problem pc of mine runs on win k pro mostly and dualboot with xp which is installed on a separate hard drive Last night the win k works fine but this morning it had no internet access but it please help with this weird pc problem still retained the local ip of xxx so I rebooted and when it came back it went past the win k pro logo and into the normal blue screen desktop but it s just a blank desktop then i rebooted and got into safe mode with network ok I did a chkdsk c f r but when it finished and rebooted into win k pro the same thing happened - just a blank blue desktop then I rebooted and tried to boot into xp it started up fine BUT there is no internet access and its ip address is xxx instead of xxx like it should be Please advise in how to proceed next on the win k side I know that I can reinstall but I d rather not since there are lots of programs and settings on the win k hard drive and it d take a very long time to reinstall them again sad gif oh and it s not the modem or router and or switch since please help with this weird pc problem other pc s connected are getting internet access fine Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

Hey guys, I've got a doosy.

I have a computer that is stuck in perpetual start mode. I turn it on, all of the lights on the keyboard (the 3 locks) stay lit, as if starting up, and the monitor doesn't register a signal. I'm guessing it's a hardware problem, just not sure which piece of hardware. Anybody seen this before?

Dis connect everything leaving 1 stick of ram> cpu& heatsink connected> heatsink fan> video connected to monitor> key board. boot the computer to see if it gets a display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.853681/
Relevancy 36.98%

When i start my desktop (xp) everything is working well the first minute, and then i cant use my keyboard and mouse anymore. De mousepointer is moving, but there is not any responce on clicks, and the keyboards also stops working. I have already tried with a other mouse and keyboard, give the same problem.

Who can help me?

In order to better respond to your question or problem

We require more detailed and specific information

Please repost your request with:

Computer: Brand Name

Age of system:

CPU: Brand, speed

Ram: Type, amount, speed

Peripheral devices

Operating system: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Other

Do you run Anti-Virus software: Brand Name, version #, date of most recent AV signature file

For Video or Graphic problems

Video Card: Brand Name, type, speed, Chipset, driver version and date

Video settings: resolution, advanced settings

For Internet problems:

Modem: Brand name and date of driver

Type connection: dial-up, cable, sat/DSL, other

Browser: IE, Netscape, version #

For Network problems:

LAN card(s): Brand, # of cards

Router: Brand name, type

# machines on network

Network settings and IP configuration

Please state your specific problem and when it started

Did you change anything, install anything before the problem started?

List any recently installed software

List software running in background ie: anti-virus program, mail programs, backup software.

Any power disruption or incomplete shutdowns

Failed Scandisk/chkdsk or defrag attempts

Use of any &#8220;tune-up&#8221; utilities, registry utilities, system diagnostics, other third party utility software

Recent downloaded software

Any new programs or files that have recently appeared in your STARTUP menu or msconfig STARTUP listing

This information may be of critical importance in locating and correcting the source of your problem. Please note any additional information or detail about the problem that may be of value in our assessment of the problem.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.587967/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have seen puters do a lot of crazy stuff but never had a problem like this My current laptop is an HP G running Windows Ultimate x The bug that I m having is related to my Synaptics touchpad driver When I am using my touchpad whether scrolling or just moving and clicking everything is perfect got problem weird VERY a But if I happen to graze my touchpad with got a VERY weird problem a second finger while it s in use my Synaptics touchpad enhancments driver crashes It is a multi gesture multi finger touchpad and driver it is the most up to date driver I can use my pinch zoom finger flick press scroll etc with no problem but when I barely graze it with a second finger it freezes and crashes I have tried rolling back the driver I have tried to find solution through diagnostics I have sent a crash report to Synaptics amp HP and each one told me that the other was responsible I don t know what to do and it s really annoying Here is a copy of the problem report Source Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements Summary Stopped working Date amp amp amp AM Status Solution available Description Faulting Application Path C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name SynTPEnh exe Application Version Application Timestamp e a f Fault Module Name SynTPEnh exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp e a f Exception Code c Exception Offset ff OS Version Locale ID Additional Information c a Additional Information c a fe d f e c e fa af Additional Information c Additional Information c d e b a a e dee bb Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Has anyone ever seen this happen nbsp

A:got a VERY weird problem

That does sound rather strange, have you recently installed/uninstalled anything?

I would start with running an anti virus, just to make sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/got-a-very-weird-problem.1099598/
Relevancy 36.98%

I play problem Weird cpu online games such as RTCW Enemy Territory Call of Duty Counter Strike Source or Team Fortress My CPU will run all my games perfectly but approximately minutes into the game my fps will go from fps to - fps for about seconds then return back to Weird cpu problem fps It continues to happen and get worse as I keep on playing I have McAfee anti-virus CCleaner Ad-Aware SE personal and TuneUP Utilities I use them all and I have zero spyware and no viruses My original powersupply was only W of power I added a new Weird cpu problem powersupply which has W I also just added the gb of ram to my cpu I originally thought my cpu was overheating which was causing my frame rates to drop I will be checking the forum often to see what you guys have to say please ask me questions to help fix my problem i will post answers quickly THANKS My CPU Windows XP Professional Service Pack Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz L Cache KB Memory MB corsair Mobo Foxconn MA Series Power Supply RAIDMAX RX- A ATX V EPS V W Power Supply Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Hard-drive gb nbsp

A:Weird cpu problem

Are you able to leave your side case open for your ventilation ?

Also, you might want to opt little more fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-cpu-problem.92511/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey everyone, brand new here. Im very glad to find a place like this, ive been reading up a few things here now for awhile. Anyway I ran into a problem and wondered if I can get some help.

I have:
BIOSTAR TA790gx 128m
Thermaltake tr2-600w power
AMD Phenom II 940
Radeon ATI hd 5770

Anyway everything was running smoothly then my pc sounded like a windowed opened and screen went black no response. So reboot and no image. I can hear my right clicking , windows starting, programs opening but screen blank. I take a look at mother board both LED lights on saying normal. So i figured I would try hooking my monitor up to the motherboards dvi out...still nothing. No matter what I try I cant seem to get a image but I can hear its running, whats going on?

Thanks for everyones time on this matter I do appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem-need-help.963311/
Relevancy 36.98%

can be specific at the moment (but will get the info later)

running 98se

3 HDs
1 cd
1 back/up removable

recently the PC does not always boot up, stopping after the POST, displaying the HD's
then freezing,

also when working it will freeze, put it down to low disk space, (so cleared a lot of crap)

when it freezes, even after a reset/power up CTRL/ALt/Del still stops after the POST (can still get into the BIOS)

now, when I put the removable drive back into its Caddy, it boots every time !

thinks maybe one of the drives is on its way out...

will get some more info

ideas ?

Relevancy 36.98%

I'm not sure if this is caused by spyware, a virus, or just my own doing, but every time I click on a folder to open it in brings me to the window to do a search. I had problems with spyware that I fixed, but I don't know what to do with this problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

A:Weird Problem...

Welcome ruddell

Before anyone can help with this problem, we need a bit more information.

What operating system are you running? What steps to scan for malware have you used? What spyware was found and how did you remove it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51593/weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

So I have this mobile internet USB stick that I use to connect to the internet and I accidently pulled it out while it was still on, once I did that my laptop bluescreened and ever since then I can't get past the welcome page normally. It will either stay on the welcome page with the circle endlessly spinning or it will have a black page and mouse curser.

Now I went into safe mode and I have done a system restore which at first worked, but then the computer froze so I had to try it again, and it hasn't worked since, when I use ctrl+alt+del it comes up with an error, but I can't copy and paste the error because I can't get past the welcome screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 36.98%

Well i'm new to this you to problem me, really maybe weird to A not forum but in the amount of time i've A really weird problem to me, maybe not to you spent here which isn't much i've already learned a lot but i haven't come across a solution to this problem I have a compaq something To be honest i have no clue what kind of compaq it is there's no information on the case itself hinting on what it is all i know is that it's been upgraded to MB or RAM had an Intel Pentium III clocked at Ghz samsung cd read write drives a flopy disk drive an EliteMT video card and a brand new Western Digital Caviar Blue EIDE hard drive the problem i'm experiencing is when i insert the XP boot disk to install windows XP which was running smoothly on this computer before the original hard drive failed i recieve the prompt to quot press any key to boot from CD quot which i do and it goes to quot setup is identifying hardware configuration quot or whatever right after that i get a blank screen no matter how long the PC stays on when i insert the same disc into another computer it works fine please help me

A:A really weird problem to me, maybe not to you

Quote:

Originally Posted by dice1998

Well, i'm new to this forum, but in the amount of time i've spent here (which isn't much), i've already learned a lot..

..but i haven't come across a solution to this problem:

I have a compaq..something..

To be honest, i have no clue what kind of compaq it is, there's no information on the case itself hinting on what it is..all i know, is that it's been upgraded to 512MB or RAM, had an Intel Pentium III clocked at 2.0 Ghz, 2 samsung cd read/write drives, a flopy disk drive. an EliteMT video card, and a brand new Western Digital Caviar Blue EIDE hard drive

the problem i'm experiencing, is when i insert the XP boot disk to install windows XP (which was running smoothly on this computer before the original hard drive failed), i recieve the prompt to "press any key to boot from CD", which i do and it goes to "setup is identifying hardware configuration" or whatever.

right after that, i get a blank screen, no matter how long the PC stays on.

when i insert the same disc into another computer, it works fine.

please help me!!

When you put the new HD in did you check the jumpers were set correctly. The old one may have been set to cable select, try setting your new drive to master. I am assuming your HD and CD drive are on seperate channels?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-really-weird-problem-to-me-maybe-not-to-you-378385.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have Vista Home Premium SP2 on my desktop computer. My icons, viewed pages, viewed webpages and my programs are showing slightly larger than they should be. I have my monitor at 1289 x 1024 and standard 96 dpi. Even my Photoshop and photos are showing somewhat larger than they should be. I did uninstall Acrobat Reader and replaced with newest version. I even rolled my computer back to a different date when it was working fine. Don't know what else to do.
Any help appreciated.....Thank you, Tom.

Also, my text is smaller as well.
Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300116/weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

After clicking my username to logon the desktop is displayed but it seems that xp pauses many things example upon booting up my norton antivirus is disabled automatically for about mins then it goes to normal another example my yahoo dsl that connects automatically at bootup does not connect and new windows that i open dont respond like if i go to mycomputer then properties XP problem Weird it doesn t open till like mins later then everything at once starts working my norton my internet then the property window comes up all at once after about mins after the desktop loads i have about programs running in the background so xp is not actually loading many programs upon startup I dont need to defrag or do any of that error checking stuff since i formatted my drive days ago I hope you understand what i mean My computer specs P Asus P g x mb ddr ram xp pro norton antivirus i have the latest xp updates Thanks nbsp

A:Weird XP problem

Have a look at what XP is doing by opening task manager and clicking the processes tab. It's possible that you have a lot of files and Norton or a similar utility is scanning them (look at the I/O reads and other columns).

The column labelled CPU should give you a hint as to the percentage of your processor power that's being diverted to whatever task is running. (I'm sure you won't see it, but if nothing is loading/running, you'll have a high percentage in 'system idle process'.)

Once you determine the process to which most of your startup CPU time is going, you'll have an idea of what, if anything, needs tinkering.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-xp-problem.126122/
Relevancy 36.98%

unforunately i have a huge crysis on my hands and i hope you guys can help me out Problem No lights no fans computer won t turn on after I TURNED IT OFF How it happened Yesterday i downloaded a wallpaper which i believe had a virus on it so i ran weird New and problem a scanner overnight and i New and weird problem went to sleep the next day the internet connection was off and i restarted the computer and after several attempts at replugging my internet New and weird problem wire i gave up and i holded the power button for secs to shut down my computer After i did internet somehow worked and i tried to turn on my computer but it wouldnt work This has never happened to me before the computer was working fine im the one who shut it down and for some weird reason i can t turn it back on Note I don t have any hardware to do guess and trial with so im trying to find a definite answer to my problems system specs GT Sli inch samsun bw monitor gb New and weird problem corsair and balitik ram e cpu ghz creative labs soundcard gb seagate hdd Thanks so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-and-weird-problem.963761/
Relevancy 36.98%

A friend of mine asked me about this the other day. I suggested a few things like scanning w/another virus scanner to see if there is a virus causing the prob, also suggested reinstalling/repairing/chkdsk, etc...still no sollution.

" Okay heres whats wrong......

1. On my comp whenever i try to do a search for somthing....i cant see the search toolbar...(its just the stupid dog at the bottom but no search bar....)

2. i cant see anything on my user account panel so i cant change the password or my pic to anything else (although i have admin powers which i cant change for anybody else)

3. I cant click on any of the buttons for the norton anti virus (running a scan and soforth) and i have reinstalled it like...3 times....

PLEASE HELP!!

i have put in a new hardrive and everything and still nothing works...."

He and I are both greatfull for help ;)

Can you tell us a little more about your computer, processor, ram, size of hard drive, os, etc? also you might want to run a hijack this log and have someone look at the results.For information on how to do this go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41433/weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

hello and lately ive been having problems with my Toshiba a200 laptop , with windows XP Service pack 3, it seem that after 5-15mins my computer seems to "stop" having internet, I can still chat with my friends on Steam, but not view web pages (i get the standard error), the only way I can get internet is to restart the computer.

This may be a virus / malware problem since it happened after I disabled avast's sheild's for 10 min (which i now regret ), can anyone help me? It has become really frustrating!

and yes, I tried this on other peoples networks, but still, the same thing

(note: ive had a similar problem when I had vista installed)

A:Weird Problem, please help!

If you had a similar problem with Windows Vista it could be your ISP, modem, or router.

Try resetting your modem or router. Try renewing your IP address using cmd ipconfig /Release then Ipconfig /Renew.

If all else fails call your ISP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-problem-please-help-638038.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Okay anyway, I have a Linksys Wireless router, It was a little shakey setting up, but after a few minutes of frustration I managed to get it running. It ran fine for about a month. Then my internet stops working, since I could still see and acess other computers on my network I figured that it was adelphia. Anyway three days later I tried a direct connection to the internet, and it works fine. Now however I cannot acess the internet on any of my other computers. I've already tried repairing the network countlesss times and re-starting and re wiring. Apparently the router cannot communicate with my cable box. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-wi-fi-problem.59510/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello guys i have some really weird problem with my laptop pc i know most of peoples will not believe to this couse its really strange weird really Really, problem.... first time in my life i seen or heard about something like this So the problem is - PC freezes on some specific or loud sounds near to the pc what the hell yea For example if somebody starts scream in the room like childs for example pc imediatly freezes or when im having a cigarete next to the pc its freezes from lighters sound every time when i lightening a lighter this clicking sound freezes a pc i tried it obout times so its definitely a reason why its freezes im totaly shocked about this problem anybody ever heard about it and there is some reasons or solutions for this P S Sorry for my English it s not very good With best regards I uploaded a video to Really, really weird problem.... show that this problem is real http www youtube com watch v EHO NY A nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

Weird Text and Window Distortion Problem I have a weird problem and it may or may not be a virus though it probably is The windows and texts often get distorted such as when i open up task Weird Problem manager sometimes it s as if it Weird Problem was extended very very long and the buttons and everything are missing and when I open folders after the first letter for the names on everything it s continued with a Also sometimes on random applications and things task manager always included the buttons disappear for the task manager the processes list applications and file view and all those buttons disappear and the window gets widened past my screen limits and I can t drag it back to the normal window size I ll have many screenshots on this soon Additional information I use a hp pavilion a c I have not downloaded anything recently except the Antivirus AntiVir Guard found on the topic Freeware Replacements for Common Commercial Apps http img imageshack us img virus qg pnghttp img imageshack us img virus fs pnghttp img imageshack us img virus qf pnghttp img imageshack us img virus me pnghttp img imageshack us img virus ng pnghttp img imageshack us img virus mu png

Hello NormanXuminZhu, WelcomeThis is a weird problem. I'm not really to sure what to say here and someone else may have a better idea. Since no one has replied I'm offering these suggestions.Have you tried running your AV and spyware tools in safe modeFirst thing I notice is your CPU usage is very high. If you can get the tabs and post what proceeses are running that may help.Second try to double click on the greyish colored border between the edge and the white box,see if that brings the tabs back.Third you may want to do a Repair install assome files may be corrupt.Instructions for that are herehttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...ips/doug92.mspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74215/weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

have a weird problem with my usb some devices run just fine but others do not e g problems my printer hp sometimes does not work properly gt sometimes it prints half the doc and then just stops no response i try to turn it off but no good pc usb weird on problem my has to restart my pc weird usb problem on my pc gt sometimes when i print there s the print queue window appearing and on the title of the windows it s written quot printer offline quot then quot printer online quot then quot printer offline quot and this goes on like this has to restart my pc again now i also get problem with other usb device like last time i tried the usb cable DU- to connect my sony eriksson with my pc i has same prob as my second printer problem it says quot connected quot and then quot disconnected quot and this goes on like this and now it does not detect my phone at all solutions i tried gt uninstall all usb hub and usb host controller and then let windows re-install all on my mobo manual it tells me to use win xp sp tp install my usb and that s what i do but i used sp gt on my bios tried usb legacy mode enabled auto and disabled gt tried usb speed quot hispeed quot and quot full speed quot nothing is detected with this option only my modem and mouse which are already connected nothing worked only my flash drives mouse and modem works on usb properly however modem was a bit buggy too sometime ago but now it s fine mouse sometimes have problems the cursor become static but there s like another invisible cursor i e i can click on icons etc but the cursor is static sometimes change to processing help needed plz sorry for the lengthy problem definition my pc specs mobo asus p b -x usb usb entries in front and at the back OS win xp SP Ram mb DDR HDD gb gb HDD HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME nbsp

A:weird usb problem on my pc

Re install your driver and search for updates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-usb-problem-on-my-pc.58801/
Relevancy 36.98%

i have some weird symbols floating on my screen and when i install nvidia drivers my screen goes blank.the symbols are making my screen unreadible

windows starts up normally and after the loading the screen is blank and the monitor led starts blinking but i can hear sounds like welcome sound etc.
1. i didnt over clock my card
2. i tried flashing the latest bios but it didnt help
3. i formatted 12 time -no result
4.i change 2 heatsinks so its not an over heating problem.

once the problem went away and when i switched on next day it was there again

i had this problem since 3 days.
here is a screenshot

my config

asus a8bsli deluxe
amd ath 3000+
1gb ram
128mb 6600gt pcie
330w power supply

Uninstall the video drivers from the Safe Mode by going into Control Panel, System, Device Manager and then restart your system. Let Windows XP find and install native video drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem.58670/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have been using my computer since many years without any problems,, but once my PSU was burnt because of 110/220 V incorrect connection. Then i replaced the power supply unit with a new one which was capable of holding a power of 300W (r.m.s). but then gradually the problem started, first the mouse movement was stucking,, then the pc hanged in the bios start up logo (detecting hard disk or cd-rom),, once i open the case i found that the processor core cable 2X2 was melted with the socket. and now a days when i burn a cd or run a game(which requires high GPU power). i starts glitching...........
O i forgot to tell you that today when i plugged my external hard disk it was making a clicking niose and was appearing and disappearing again and again

Please anyone tell me the correct solution of the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem-help.968396/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello Folks I have upgraded from D GBF board and Intel Celeron D GHz processor with DDR - MB Kingston RAM and nVidia inno d GT MB GPU to the following system ---------------------------------------------------------- Board Intel D GSA - MHz SB Processor Intel Origional GHz - Socket - MHz FSB RAM Kingston MB x GB DDR- DVD-Writer ASUS P S UPS Alpha Digital VA Graphics Card remains same i e nVidia Inno D GT MB ------------------------------------------------------------- But now I have another issue which is quite weird i e whenever I launch Heroes of Might and Magic its start up screens run smoothly but when real game almost begins to start my system just shutdowns straight away No warning no message no signal just shutsdown as if someone has unplugged its power cable When I try to turn it back on I have to first unplug the cable to my power supply at back of casing and then re-plug it Only then my system turn on Also I have played Doom on it and it runs just fine It runs fine other applications As far as Problem Weird A heavy games are concerned I have only checked HoMM and Doom on this system yet P S Sticker on A Weird Problem My power supply reads ATX- A is that mean that it is Watt power supply What should I do to resolve this problem Please guide me in this A Weird Problem regard Accept my Thanks for ur help in advance OK one more thing I have figured out that is it is not necssary to unplug my power cable A Weird Problem and then replug it in order to turn computer back on instead if I just turn off my UPS power switch or main power switch off and then on computer turns on fine nbsp

A:A Weird Problem

A better psu cant hurt, that is a 300watt that you have i expect and it undoubtedly just isn't enough.

Putting a 400watt or better should help and probably fix your problem.

The best advice i can give you is to spend as much as you can afford on a psu an to go only for well known makes.

If you are looking to get a new one, let me know how much you have to spend and where abouts you are in the world!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-weird-problem.57410/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hiya.

I am having a very odd problem proboboly caused by a virus of some sort. I scanned with an online scanner (micro trend) and I have viruses and deleted them both,yet,I still am having this weird problem. Whenever I click on a file,it says " Windows cannot find "file stuff goes here" please Search for it using the start button then search". It does that for almost ever single program I click. I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

~IgneousPrime~

Relevancy 36.98%

A couple of hours ago my internet stopped working, which was a weird thing since my connection showed full bars and when i troubleshooted it found no problems. When i opened anything on google chrome it said that i wasnt connected to the internet. So I tried to open my Norton AntiVirus software but it just would do nothing, no matter how many times i clicked on the icon, it would not respond. Later it just started trying to fix my computer. The window that said there was a problem read thet i had an error called error 8504, 101 and that norton was trying to fix my internet connectivity, which in turn didnt work and asked me to go to its website for additional support, though i didnt have internet connection. I am now using my phone to write this. Any ideas??

A:I have a weird problem

I saw this.We have seen this error appearing with a program called RapidBoot which comes with the Lenovo computers. If you have RapidBoot on your computer, make sure that you download and install the latest version. Contact your computer manufacturer for further assistanceMorehttps://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v62545610_EndUserProfile_en_usI moved this to Antivirus tools for now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560233/i-have-a-weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi All

I just purchased two SSD's and have them in Raid0 as my boot drive with program gfiles installed. I am not even sure how to describe my problem but here goes. I click on a program or drive and nothing happens for up to 15 secs then I hear this noise and bingo whatever I click on opens. I use paltalk a bit and it will sit there trying to connect then again that strange noise and it connects immediately ... could my network card be "sleeping" .. I really have no idea .. I should be getting almost instant performance with two SSD's in raid but I am not ... any suggestions on this weird issue most welcome

Check out the power options on all relevant hardware in Device manager, It could be the network card or even the drives. USB could be an issue too if you have any relevant hardware attached.

Also check any options on your raid controller that may be separate from the Device manager

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61800-weird-problem.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I am at a loss as to why this is happening.
As of right now firefox and AIM work completely fine, as does iTunes and some utorrent and some other programs.
Internet Explorer and ANY other web browser that i have downloaded will not work at all they claim it can not connect to the internet which is rather puzzling. I have uninstalled all of my anti virus and disabled windows firewall. Downloaded spybot search and destroy but cant run it since it cant connect to the internet either to update itself. World of Warcraft also cant connect to the internet as is the case with my VNC software which i recently uninstalled.
Recently I installed a half open port patch which i just put the original back along with uninstalling vmware and nothing has worked.
I am not running behind a proxy and i havent configured firefox in any way to connect to the internet.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/231733-weird-problem.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compacq Presario S6000NX that is continuiously power up then shuting down. When I first set it up it booted fine except for a 5 second "Floppy drive failure warning". I disconnected the floppy drives power and ribbon cable but the warning still appears. I then, over a period of 12 hours turn it on and then off for several hours but always plugged in. Then this morning I found the computer booting up shuting down on it's own. I had shut the computer off last night and I had left it pluged in. Any one have an idea?

Relevancy 36.98%

Alright, heres what happened last night.

My Laptop started beeping, for every 1 beep, the hard drive light lit up once.
It kept doing that untill it turned off to the blue screen of death, memory dump.

I was thinking it might be a RAM problem ?
ANy other ideas would be appreciated.

I was also wondering if any of you had a link to that program which checks if you have RAM problems ?

A:Weird Problem ?

Maybe trying taking out the memory and putting it back in. If that's possible on your laptop.
Here is the link you wanted:
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.542618/
Relevancy 36.98%

Well I did it, I finally broke down and posted a thread asking for help.

This issue has been bugging the crap out of me for a few months. (get it, "bugging")

Whenever I restart my windows xp pro machine, the desktop background will hang there untill I press enter. After I press enter the icons pop up quickly, and my computer continues to restart.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Mike

Relevancy 36.98%

I dunno what s up with my computer I think it was two to three days ago it happened I was downloading some stuff from BitTorrent which Weird problem.. usually Weird problem.. doesn t give me any problems like viruses spywares etc and my friend asked me to play Warcraft with him So I told him to hold on and I shut everything off and restarted my computer After I restarted it just kept on restarting and would not even reach the Welcome screen It would just reach to the black screen after it tells you what kind of OS brand you have example I have a Compaq and it would just show Compaq - gt black screen then it restarts repeatedly It would not stop restarting unless I shut the power down So I asked my friend for help and he said I would need to put it in safe mode which I did not have So he suggested to dl a program to boot my computer except it needed an A drive which I did not have So I decided to try to reformat my computer and after I reformatted my computer the restarting stopped and everything was working normally Except today I tried to Install Download all the programs I had on my computer Programs Installed Downloaded Firefox MSN AIM Stealthbot Ventrilo Warcraft III ROC Steam Banlist Itunes and Logitech Camera When I got to the part where I was installing Warcraft III TFT it gave me various results stuck at c program files warcraft III war mpq no disc in Drive E which there was Warcraft III ROC was not installed which was If you guys know what s wrong with it or any suggestion at all on how to fix this problem of mine please comment If you need more info please ask And if you have no idea what I was trying to explain it happens cause I tend to confuse people more when I try to explain things at times then ask and I d try to explain it in another way Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

Ok so i got a new dell inspiron computer around Christmas time and within the first few weeks i started noticing some major problems After a certain amount of time the system would start malfunctioning Basically each time i tried to left click something or open anything nothing would happen It seemed to stop after awhile but it still randomly happened at times Then i ran into huge system lock up problems Everything i did made the system lock up Now I'm getting booting issues The PC will not boot I get a black screen with a white blinking dash I called Dell and they told me to press F when the system was booting to redo my system but guess what Each time i PC Really problem weird type f or any button for that matter when the system is booting Really weird PC problem the system itself makes a clicking sound No not a beeping sound but a CLICKING sound speakers are off The only thing that works is F and F Dell told me to run system checks and i passed all hardware checks The weird thing though is when i try to do a start up repair it just hangs nothing happens I waited hours and all i got was a quot Attempting repairs quot the whole time Not to mention the fact that when i click quot Install now quot to redo the system nothing happens but a hour loading screen that takes me to nothing So now they are saying memory problem and want me to open up my machine and test memory So in the mean time im using my old dell dimension PC and guess what It just so happens I'm using the same monitor as i did with my inspiron and IM getting PROBLEMS Yeah I've never ever had a problem with this computer and i mean EVER and right when i use this monitor after a certain amount of time everything goes to hell I cant right click or open anything Now I'm going to try and boot my inspiron WITH my quot monitor to see what happens Could it be my monitor that is causing all these problems If not what in the world is wrong with my computer Dell doesn't even know and Ive spent hours on the phone with them I Cant even redo my system its horrible Anyways sorry for wall of text just explaining my problem to see if anybody else here knows what the hell is wrong with my inspiron and if it could be the monitor causing all these issues Dell inspiron Specs Intel core duo e ghz Ati Radeon HD XT gb of ram gb of HDD Windows vista Dell specs Intel Pentium GHz Intel express family chip set mb of ram gb of HDD Windows XP The monitor im using is a quot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/really-weird-pc-problem-224545.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Okay, I have about 20,000 songs on my computer and for some reason a few albums have doubled track time. Meaning a 5 minute song is now a 10 minute song. They seem to play alright in media player, but when I put them into itunes is when I notice it. Also, when on my ipod the songs will play fine until a certain point and then the sound will go out but they will still be playing. Is this some weird form of corruption or can anyone give me some ideas. I don't really want to go digging through my cd's and re-rip them if it is not necessary. Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-mp3-problem.600023/
Relevancy 36.98%

Anyone seen anything like this before?

UT (the original) has always run nicely on my A64/3800+ machine, but the first time I fired it up after replacing my Logitech MX510 mouse with a G5, I found a really strange problem: in gameplay, keystrokes are delayed, and seem to repeat too fast.

Example: I hit the key to move forward, and it takes a fraction of a second to start moving. If I hold it for a few seconds, it seems to queue up a ton of repeats, so I keep moving for several seconds after releasing it. Same happens with any directional keys, or any other gameplay keys as far as I can tell.

I've closed, killed, or disabled pretty much everything else running on the machine, with no improvement. I put my MX510 back on and had a very slight improvement for the first few seconds, but it didn't last.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

A:Weird UT problem...

Was there software that came with the new mouse? It's unusual, but sometimes there are extra-special mouse drivers. Also, check to make sure you don't have an IRQ conflict.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-ut-problem.706958/
Relevancy 36.98%

i saved an avi file to my videos in my docuements. now when i open up my videos i get an error message saying my videos needs to shut down. then returns to my desktop. i can delete it even using mindsofts wipe/delete. does any one know what caused this or how i cant delete the file please?? any help would be most appreciated. and im using win xp corporate.

A:weird xp problem

It sounds like the windows preview is having trouble with the avi, try this

Start - Run, type in 'cmd'

Remove image preview - type regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll then 'OK'
Restore image preview - regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
&
Remove media preview - regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll
Restore media preview - regsvr32 shmedia.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-xp-problem.379320/
Relevancy 36.98%

After i just installed this free 'cleanup utilities' program its freeware but i got it off piratebay after the install it didn't open the program so i looked for it in the start menu and it wasn't there so i went to programs folder and the folder was there and when i try to open it it tells me i do not have the permission to open the folder the same thing happens when i try to delete the folder I've scanned it with two different anti vir programs and neither of problem weird a bit of them say its anything dodgy and i've had a look in the task manager and no new processes are running either BUT i can't actually do anything with the folder and i now want to remove it for obvious reasons but can't Is there any way i can get round this wierd issue I'm on vista bit SP UAC is turned off so its nothing to do with that How would i be able to delete the folder thats all i want to do thanks

A:bit of a weird problem

sorry for the messaround i've figured out how to remove it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291475/bit-of-a-weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi Im experiencing a weird problem with a new dvd-rom I bought I installed the dvd rom device and made a few dvds and read some Dvd-rom weird problem other dvds I had without any problem I had to format my machine because Ive been using the same Install since so I thought Dvd-rom weird problem it was time for a fresh install the Windows setup went fine and the operating system works like it should Now when I inserted a dvd into the drive the dvd-rom starts to read it but it takes a long time to display anything For example when you put in a cd it usually displays an Icon of the cd inside of it in the My Computer folder Or it would pop up the auto-run application if it has any But in this case none of this happens it just displays the label of the cd inside of it and it takes a long long time to read the files After a while it display them but the files aren't read well or I cant run an exe file without giving me errors A work around for this problem I found is to turn off the pc for a while hour or and after it boots the OS the drive works fine As soon I restart the os the same problem appears I tried looking on google for answers but I had no luck The drive is recognized by windows with this name ATAPI DVD A DH A H the company that made this drive is called Litescribe and I also checked their site downloaded and ran a firmware update for the drive and nothing My box specs are windows XPsp mobo Asus- n deluxe sli Amd with cores gb of ddr ram Thanks in advance for any help

A:Dvd-rom weird problem

Have you set the controller to DMA? Check it in Device Manager under "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers". Right click the primary channel, select "Properties" and click on "Advanced Settings". It will tell you whether you are in PIO or DMA/UDMA mode. If it's set to PIO mode then click on the drop down box and select "DMA if available". Do the same for the secondary channel (if applicable).

Reboot and test.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-rom-weird-problem-286460.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I don't know if this is the place for this, but, I'm having problems with web sites. I can view the text on a web site just fine, the problems is, all of the pictures are blurry, even if I click on one to enlarge it. It still is blurry, almost as if water droplets were in front of it.

If the photos are not on a web site I can view them just fine.

Don't know that I have a solution for you but you may want to provide more details ->

how are you connected to the internet - cable, dsl, dialup connection?
are you using a router?
Who is your ISP - AOL, verizon, comcast?
What computer do you have - make and model?
What operating system - windows 98, XP, Vista?
what browser are you using - internet explorer, firefox?
If i had to guess, i would say you are using internet explorer on a DELL computer -> I would suggest downloading and using firefox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem.96325/
Relevancy 36.98%

hi,

I have an ibook with an odd problem. It recently stopped working, so it got fixed, fixed again and finally was deemed dead due to a faulty logic circuit or some such problem.

Upon recent examination, it does work, however the screen stays blank. ie. you can turn it on, it whirrs, the cd tray will open and when pushed; the num/caps lock lights turn on.

Any idea what is causing this (i would open it, but i don't have a hex key small enough ).

thanks, Whiternoise.

A:Weird Mac problem

Are you referring to the screen being blank? If so it could be the LCD backlight or backlight inverter. Also could be the flex data cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-mac-problem.53452/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey everyone I ve had my current PC for about years and I m ready to re-build it with all new components I ve realized that motherboards and processors are pretty cheap and I can build a decent system for around bucks if weird HELP! Really RAM problem I salvage my old case etc Anyway I m having this problem with my old set-up where the motherboard reads the RAM capacity wrong For example I put a a total of G DDR RAM into my Mobo and it reads it as only MB DDR RAM Then I remove one stick so only MB DDR RAM is in and the Mobo reads it as MB I Really weird RAM problem HELP! m really puzzled by this So in summary my Mobo is reading my sticks of mb as mb each I ve made sure this RAM is compatible with my motherboard and all that I have a Intel D PERL Motherboard and the RAM I have is actually listed as compatible on the Intel support website Any suggestions would make my day Chris nbsp

A:Really weird RAM problem HELP!

First point is that if you salvage your old case you will probably have to fit a new PSU to it to deal with the new components.
Second - that RAM is not compatible with the motherboard. Maybe wrong voltage or wrong speed, but wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-weird-ram-problem-help.97643/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok I m not sure if this is the right forum to post this but what happened seemed to be some sort of crash or at least similar The power in my house went out and when it came back my pc restarted automatically and everything seemed ok so I left it downloading and went back to sleep About two hours later I heard something similar to what you hear when you turn it off and I thought it was the power again but it was not I looked at the pc and it made almost no sound at all and only one of the two lights next to the on off button was on the green one was on but the orange one not and Weird problem the screen was completely black Anyway I tried Weird problem rebooting it but it didn t respond Weird problem so I disconnected it Because of the power going out I thought that maybe something inside had burnt or something but everything seemed ok so I turned it on and it s working fine Does anybody know what caused this or can tell me where to look for any info on it sorry for the extension nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

So I'm noticing a weird problem I'll be surfing the web with my browsers and once in awhile I decide to click on another tab or another open window program that's on my taskbar Problem is I have to keep on clicking it several times before it actually switches to the tab or window program that I Weird Very Problem.... want to switch to It's as if I'm stuck on the current tab window that I'm in and I have to press elsewhere several times before I can switch out I usually have to ctrl alt delete and click on task manager which takes a few clicks after I do this I'm usually able to switch to the tab window I want to with one single click Another weird thing is that when I move my cursor over to the top right corner Windows I have to click on the corner for the sidebar to appear I could just mouse over the top right corner using my cursor Very Weird Problem.... without having to click on the corner for the sidebar to appear I'm just noticing these weird issues where I have to keep on clicking on something before I can actually get to it is this a virus or just some Very Weird Problem.... kind Very Weird Problem.... of technical problem

A:Very Weird Problem....

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510177/very-weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

Problem My friend s computer has a problem Theres this thing that pops up when i open windows xp saying some error hash thing theres pop ups Fash exe - bad image the application or DLL C WINDOWS System ndsrch dll is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette and the application or DLL C WINDOWS System idleui dll is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette it happens as soon as the computer is started after he logs in I had him run Hijack and this is what came up Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Weird Help, Problem XP WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe c Help, Weird XP Problem PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS wt updater wcmdmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Common Files slmss slmss exe C WINDOWS mwsvm exe C Program Files Ares ares exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS FSScrCtl exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Documents and Settings Dakine Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sqwire com homepage php aid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www seekseek com quicksearch asp session E E - DF - B -A C- F amp version id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A - E E- -B D- DBE - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - E F - FFB- -A -EA BC - C Program Files TV Media TvmBho dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO DefaultSearch SeekSeek - C-F A- E-A C -C F - C WINDOWS ieasst dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO no name - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - E F - FFB- -A -EA BC - C Program Files TV Media TvmBho dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - E D A- - d d- - DE A B - no file O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agen... Read more

A:Help, Weird XP Problem

He has an AdwarePortal.Scan

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [slmss] C:\Program Files\Common Files\slmss\slmss.exe

Fix that and check HERE about HiJackThis.
Check HERE for fix action.

After post new HJT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-weird-xp-problem.226337/
Relevancy 36.98%

for some strange reason the web links in my email client and IM programs don't work anymore. an example would be if a friend sent me a web address via IM. i would normally click on the link and IE would take me strait to it. now i get nothing when i click on a link in IM or my email client (mozilla thunderbird). i did just however install a new AV program - eset nod32 anti-virus. i'm not sure if that's the problem or not. any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:I Got A Weird Problem And Need Some Help, Please

Sounds like your new AV program, which one is it? You may want to check the options on the program and make sure it allows links..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152633/i-got-a-weird-problem-and-need-some-help-please/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have user accounts on this computer Mine has admin priveledges the one my family uses is limited All has been well until now In my account IE works perfectly but in the other one it doesn t What happens is that when you go to google for example and type something in the query box and hit the search button absolutely nothing happens If you right click on quot advanced search quot and open it in a new window it opens up completely blank except for the theme borders menu buttons etc The address box is totally blank You can click on other links on the google home Weird problem IE in XP page and they work fine and as mentioned before it all works fine under my account This all just started happening a week or so ago and for the life of me I can t figure out what Weird IE problem in XP if anything I have changed to cause this I really don t want to reinstall windows as I only have Weird IE problem in XP a K dialup and all the updates are now current I wish I knew a way to save those updates to migrate them to a fresh install so I don t have to spend hours downloading them again Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I turned off the User Account Control feature because I found it annoying. I didn't restart my computer immediately afterwards, either. However, when I did finally reboot, I found that ALL of the data I had saved was missing. I performed a full scan of all my disks using Revuca, but not a trace of the files showed up. And finally, when I looked at the previous backups of the files and even the oldest backup of the folders are empty. It is as if the files never existed.

Is there any possible explanation for this?

A:Weird problem with UAC

I can't imagine disabling UAC having anything to do with the files getting erased; I have mine disabled as well. What exactly do you mean all data, is it like a clean install? Are all folders still intact?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-problem-with-uac-514096.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Windows XP SP2 PC (P4 2.66) that is all of that sudden acting weird when I plug in any additional USB device. I am using 2 USB hard drives on the computer that work fine. I also use a Turtle Beach USB Sound Card that works fine. I plugged in an 11 in 1 card reader with no problems. Now I tried a 1gb flash drive that is recognized because I hear it recognize. When I plug in my first gen ipod nano, itunes says that the ipod is in recovery mode and needs to be restored. I am using a Belkin 5 port PCI card for these devices, I have tried different ports and I also tried the USB port on the motherboard rear panel. The device are recognized but no drive letter shows up in explorer. Might not be related but I recently added some drive letter for network drive (shares). Thanks for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-usb-problem.648085/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi..this can proly be fixed in a matter of seconds but for some reason I cant view the html source of any webpage (including mine). This just started happening.

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi
Just lately I have been having problems, some times when I try to go to a website I get the error cannot connect. I keep trying to refresh and sometimes I see the site come up for barely 1 sec then connection problem again.
Other wierd things are like when I clicked to confirm my registration here i got this below showing on the page?
\ks60;R';$ٛrQ$$qLZ>d+iHĩzDl4F> qsʦa7//Ĺ O/W^&shy;oڞk8~Qc4 P}hV=?DN/0f -&shy;E3 zd{{{mYӜטc]>7,`1=F^hܐaOs=۵sAczܞخF dp9wC3wq{]v{z/<Jw- 4vX|8_9umpX9r&shy;f{7wW/wu,xg(~V^WiPeZ&shy;ۍe9yJ6Cn%

how patient do i have to be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.773588/
Relevancy 36.98%

my laptop a Dell Inspiron has had problem after problem I've fixed them so far but this one has me stumped weird really problem. I was trying to install Windows Live Messenger but it wouldn't work for really weird problem. some reason so it told me to run some program to delete really weird problem. some temporary internet files and such so I did and tried to install it again and it wouldn't work but that isn't the problem the problem is that when I tried restarting my computer it took upwards of minutes to shut off while it normally takes about minute and when I turned it back on it took even longer to boot up and even worse the bar on the bottom of the screen at the main computer screen now looks like the old Windows - style colors and shape and a ton really weird problem. of other problems like when I open something like an internet browser it doesn't show it down there so I have to alt tab to get to it if I minimize it and a bunch of task icons are gone and apparently not working because it got rid of my wireless network icon and now it won't let me go online I'm on a different computer please help me I'm on the verge of tears of frustration I was just trying to install stupid Windows Messenger and I just got new computer games that I can't play now also how do you set a computer back to factory defaults

A:really weird problem.

I was in a quest for my computing issues and came across couple of answers on this problem of yours.
There are times that profile(s) do not unload during the shutdown or restart also there is a known problem with some foreign translation of "administrator".
I don't have the URLs handy, but, just wanted to tell you that I have seen that happen and there are solutions out there... hanging there bud
search google for CREDHIST and/or s-1-5-19
good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/really-weird-problem-198461.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have had it for about a year now, i have 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD-RW, both are plugged in and both work fine, they have been set to master and slave.

My problem is when I start up my computer my DVD-RW pops in and out and keeps doing this until i restart my comp. During this time its not functional. Once i have restarted the computer once this problem vanishes. Does anyoneknow what can be causing this, its a just started to get a little bit irritating as of late as i have to switch on my computer twice just to make it work normally.

A:Weird DVD-RW problem

Have you tried only running the DVD-RW on the cable and see if it still has the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-dvd-rw-problem.432182/
Relevancy 36.98%

Okay i hate posting forums because they never seem to help me and by the time someone actually answers ive already figured out my problem -but ive never tried this forum before- but this time i cant figure out the problem if someone could just point me in the right direction Well here goes nothing okay well the problem started when i plugged up a western digital WD to my xp now this problem has happened twice to two different computers but i didnt realize what had caused it the on the first computer but the this time i know without a doubt the problem started with that hard drive anyways the problem is that when i try to get on the internet this weird program named Dl exe pops up and kills the connectivity ive figured out already that dl exe is trogan that changes the ip address on my computer and ive found the Weird problem(again) Please help! file on the hard drive-C dl exe now ive tried Weird problem(again) Please help! deleting Weird problem(again) Please help! it already it says its in use by a program and no matter what i do it will not delete ive tried safe mode i have this window rescue disk that lets me browse the hard drive without starting windows and it doesnt show up there and ive tried hooking it up to another computer and it still will not delete ive been dealing with this problem for awhile now but i cant deal with it anymore and btw dl exe is not coming up in the windows task list Im using Avanquest antivirus software in its quot quick scan quot it doesnt find anything but during its quot deep scan quot it finds about infections then it will get to a certain file and either just close or freeze up usually it will just close

A:Weird problem(again) Please help!

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/weird-problem-again-please-help-369647.html