Windows Support Forum

How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

Q: How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

Is there a way to connect a displayport monitor to an IBM style PC? Found a new monitor in my brother-in-law estate and was wonder if there is a way to use it. Thanks for any help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

If the monitor and the video card in u'r computer have the same connections, and u have a power cable for it. It should work if it is new as u say. Try it and see. That should not cost anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-run-a-displayport-monitor-on-a-pc-using-windows-7.209543/
Relevancy 69.23%

So I've been using a monitor via DisplayPort through the past week with no issues. Suddenly today, I turn on my laptop and the port is no longer detecting any monitor at all. I'm willing to troubleshoot this using any links or advice provided, please help.

I've tried restarting my computer, plugging the port in/out, plugging my monitor in/out... this problem seemed to have occurred out of seemingly nowhere. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

A:Windows 8 not detecting DisplayPort Monitor

Alright, figured it out.

I'm guessing, that I probably set my external monitor to deactivate before unplugging it. The next time I plugged it in, it wouldn't activate at all for this reason.

I solved this by switching the way it got input from my laptop, going from DisplayPort to HDMI. Then I reactivated the monitor, and was able to switch back to DisplayPort.

In my personal opinion, this is truly the most idiotic thing I have dealt with so far in Windows 8. Hopefully display options such as "deactivate" don't stick around after unplugging them in the next iteration of Windows.

- Garret
EDIT:
It happened again. Did some more research and the solution here worked:
ASUS PB278Q 1440P MONITOR "DISPLAY-PORT: NO SIGNAL, AND HDMI: NO SIGNAL" GTX 780

Relevant comment:
There is a feature on newer motherboards in which they have sleep state settings outside the control of the operating system. Go into your bios and go to APM configuration. Look for ErP setting (default is usually disabled) and enable it to S4+S5 sleep state. This solved my problem, now my monitor will show a display after computer wakes up from sleep or when powered off.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/61545-windows-8-not-detecting-displayport-monitor.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have the option of connecting my laptop using either of these two cables:

1) DisplayPort to mini-DisplayPort
2) DVI to mini-DisplayPort

Is there any advantage to one over the other?

Thanks for your help!
Paul

A:Which monitor connection is best? DVI or DisplayPort

Both should be identical as they are both digital.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-monitor-connection-is-best-dvi-or-displayport.1057759/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there I am working with two monitors The first is a ViewSonic si... losing keeps Monitor First DVI-Displayport with VX wm LED monitor connected to the desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M First Monitor with DVI-Displayport keeps losing si... p via aDVI in monitor to Displayport Desktop cable The card is an Nvidia Geforce nbsp The second monitor is First Monitor with DVI-Displayport keeps losing si... VGA nbsp Every so often the ViewSonic's signal goes out At first I thought it was the DVI Displayportadaptor but upon getting a new cable the problem persisted I then assumed it First Monitor with DVI-Displayport keeps losing si... was the latest Nvidia driver update so I rolled back The monitor's signal returned for a few days but then eventually lost its signal again nbsp This process repeats every time I install an older driver the monitor comes back but eventually dies I am trying to figure out what is the cause of this problem AFAIK it cannot be the Displayport as the Geforce is compatible I have concluded it must be the ViewSonic monitor nbsp Any help as to what may cause this loss of signal would be appreciated I have a feeling it might be because I have not used an 'active' adapter and only have used passive ones nbsp I just wish this information wasn't so vague and hard to find nbsp Displayport hasn't really taken off that well has it nbsp

A:First Monitor with DVI-Displayport keeps losing si...

Kindly set the display resolution to  1366*768 and set the Nvidia display to multiple display.

Best Regards,
Tanuj

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/First-Monitor-with-DVI-Displayport-keeps-losing-signal-Geforce/td-p/726783
Relevancy 59.77%

We are just not getting the results that we were hoping for, we are connecting thru a SPDock. Any direction would be appreciated.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440248-what-best-way-connect-sp3-sp4-monitor-hdmi-dvi-displayport.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Everyone I am attempting to configure EyeFinity with monitors My graphics card a PowerColor HD supports a maximum of monitors and it sports the following monitor outputs x DVI x HDMI amp x DisplayPort My monitors are all the same brand Dell and model U HM UltraSharp they each sport x DisplayPort x DVI amp x VGA connection As all of my monitors support DisplayPort I see no need for a DisplayPort adaptor and I have connected my monitors as follows DVI VGA by way of DVI Adaptor this is because I am using a KVM switch DisplayPort Ironically only the rd DisplayPort connected monitor is not working with EyeFinity I have manually set the connection on the monitor through the monitor's menu to DisplayPort Further when I turn the monitor off and on I see the message quot No DisplayPort quot - so the monitor doesn't quot believe quot with monitor get work it Can't Eyefinity to - 3rd DisplayPort! has that it is connected Windows - x - Professional on the other hand responds to the monitor being turned on and off by making the long quot doo doo quot sound that it typically makes whenever a USB connection is established However this being Can't get 3rd monitor to work with Eyefinity - it has DisplayPort! said quot Screen Resolution quot item only ever reports that two monitors are connected Furthermore ATI Catalyst can only see two monitors connected - it sees one Analog due to the adaptor and one digital as pictured below Any help with getting my rd monitor will be greatly appreciated I have considered uninstally amp reinstalling the driver - but I am not convinced that this will help as the monitor is reporting quot No DisplayPort Cable quot Thanks Davo

A:Can't get 3rd monitor to work with Eyefinity - it has DisplayPort!

DisplayPort can technically drive up to 3 monitors, but I am fairly certain that you cannot easily mix it's output with another digital output unless the video chipset can allow it (and this would be high-end, because DVI and HDMI are based on older technology and would require decent amounts of horsepower that a single GPU isn't necessarily going to be designed for). Nvidia makes some laptop video chips that allow splitting the signal between VGA and a DisplayPort port, but that's analog and digital, so it's a lot easier on the chipset than pushing 2 digital outputs at the same time (with content protection, scanning, etc. required by those interfaces).

The latest DisplayPort spec allows daisy-chaining of multiple DisplayPort displays on the same DisplayPort port from a video source, but to do so you need to purchase the requisite cabling or adapters to achieve multimon on the DisplayPort port and all devices along a DisplayPort multimon daisy-chain must be DisplayPort 1.2 spec or higher devices.

There are adapters that you can purchase that can take a DisplayPort signal and output it to multiple DVI endpoints (which could then be downgraded to VGA with an adapter on the DVI port), but you generally need to be driving the same monitors at each endpoint too which can be a pain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/209451-cant-get-3rd-monitor-work-eyefinity-has-displayport.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Everyone I am attempting to configure EyeFinity with monitors My graphics card a PowerColor HD Eyefinity get work 3rd - monitor Can't it to with DisplayPort! has supports a maximum of monitors and Can't get 3rd monitor to work with Eyefinity - it has DisplayPort! it sports the following monitor outputs x DVI x HDMI amp x DisplayPort My monitors are all the same brand Dell and model U HM UltraSharp they each sport x DisplayPort x DVI amp x VGA connection As all of my monitors support DisplayPort I see no need for a DisplayPort adaptor and I have connected my monitors as follows DVI VGA by way of DVI Adaptor this is because I am using a KVM switch DisplayPort Ironically only the rd DisplayPort connected monitor is not working with EyeFinity I have manually set the connection on the monitor through the monitor s menu to DisplayPort Further when I turn the monitor off and on I see the message quot No DisplayPort - so the monitor doesn t quot believe quot that it is connected Windows - x - Professional on the other hand responds to the monitor being turned on and off by making the long quot doo doo quot sound that it typically makes whenever a USB connection is established However this being said quot Screen Resolution quot item only ever reports that two monitors are connected Furthermore ATI Catalyst can only see two monitors connected - it sees one Analog due to the adaptor and one digital as pictured below Any help with getting my rd monitor will be greatly appreciated I have considered uninstally amp reinstalling the driver - but I am not convinced that this will help as the monitor is reporting quot No DisplayPort Cable quot Thanks Davo nbsp

A:Can't get 3rd monitor to work with Eyefinity - it has DisplayPort!

Try to make DisplayPort as primary Monitor and boot up from there make sure is it work first and then add each monitor on to the system ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-3rd-monitor-to-work-with-eyefinity-it-has-displayport.1037192/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everybody!
I've recently got two monitors, but the secondary monitor doesn't show anything. I have a NVIDIA Quadro 4000 with 2 Displayports and 1 DVI. The Monitor is a Samsung S22D300 (both of them).
When I connect the monitor through the DVI connector it works fine (with both monitors) but not with the Displayport (none of them). What can I do?!

I have tried already to unplug and plug again. install newest drivers from Nvidia... AHHHHHH!!! help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/402183-monitor-not-displayed-through-displayport-nvidia.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Basically my question is how do I change my default boot display to DisplayPort instead of DVI DETAILS Looked all over and couldn't find a solution DVI) (ONLY Work WITH Monitor Doesn't DisplayPort with My computer Monitor Doesn't Work with DisplayPort (ONLY WITH DVI) only allows me to boot up in DVI and nothing else My motherboard and monitor support HDMI and DisplayPort but I've only ever gotten them to work as Monitor Doesn't Work with DisplayPort (ONLY WITH DVI) my secondary displays In the past I ignored it because I had multiple monitors and could just use one with DVI and it would boot on that one and when it popped up with windows it would change my main display to the other one which was using DisplayPort Now I only have one monitor and both DVI and DisplayPort are plugged in but only DVI will work It is the same monitor that worked as a secondary monitor with the same DisplayPort SPECS x ASUS VE H Black Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor x MSI X A-GD Plus LGA Intel X SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard x BYTECC DP- K ft Black DisplayPort male to DisplayPort male Audio Video Cable M-M

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626956/monitor-doesnt-work-with-displayport-only-with-dvi/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,

In a few weeks (I can't wait! ) I will replace my laptop with the Surface Pro.

Right now, though, I have my laptop connected to two monitors: One via VGA and other via DVI. I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64, so this all works great.

So the big question is whether it is possible to have multi-monitor support via the one-and-only DisplayPort that is on the Surface Pro? If so, what--if any--additional hardware would I need?

When I'm docked at home and using my Surface Pro as laptop, I really need to keep the functionality of using both external monitors (one is 31" and the other 29"). I would really hate to go back to only being able to use one.

If you can provide any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

A:Multiple Monitor Support Possible via DisplayPort?

http://www.displayport.org/faq/

there are 2 options:

1) DisplayPort v1.1a hubs available today that allow you to connect multiple monitors to a single DisplayPort connector. Various output configurations are available for these hubs including DisplayPort, DVI, and HDMI.

2) you need DisplayPort monitors that support daisychaining. DisplayPort v1.2, supports monitor daisy chaining.
DisplayPort v1.1a displays are fully compatible with DisplayPort v1.2 PCs and graphics cards. A DisplayPort v1.1a display can be the last display in a DP v1.2 chain.
Here’s an example:
A PC with one DP connector is driving two monitors via daisy chaining. The 1st monitor is a DP v1.2 monitor with input and output connectors. The 2nd monitor is a DP v1.1a monitor. DP v1.2 PC—> DP v1.2 monitor with in & out connectors—->DP v.1.1a monitor.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/18636-multiple-monitor-support-possible-via-displayport.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My external monitor ASUS PB278Q stopped working. I switched out the DP cable which is newly purchased. I have my GPU driver updated and I'm pretty sure I've updated most other drivers on my laptop as well. I'm connecting the DP through the 433835U TP MiniDock Plus Series 3 (https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-433835U-MiniDock-Docking-Station/dp/B0085MQLMQ). For some  reason the laptop doesn't seem to detect the monitor or vice versa. The monitor says DP cable no signal. Other inputs like the power adapter and the wireless mouse I attach to the docking station do work however. I'm not sure what else I'm looking at. I haven't tried using the other inputs like the hdmi (id have to buy an adapter) or the VGA and the one other one it has since I dont have cable for those... I'm not sure how to resolve this. Please provide support, thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/External-Monitor-not-connecting-to-the-displayport-on-the/td-p/3432252
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello amp thank you in advance for your assistance A month ago I installed a new Sapphire HD Radeon GB DDR Dual-X OC GPU amp began experiencing BSOD issues with driver atikmdag sys Would quite often go as long as a week between BSOD The BSOD seems to be associated with DisplayPort attached monitor Have while monitor? streaming DisplayPort BSOD on attached two monitors attached via Dual DVI which work fine Can stream no problem The third monitor which is attached via DisplayPort seems to be the culprit Streaming The Mentalist on CBS com last night on that monitor amp it crashed right away Watched Mentalist on another monitor with ease Have been working my way thru AMD Article Number attempting to resolve this myself Several driver versions with same results Always use the AMD uninstall utility restart Driver Sweeper restart amp CCleaner for good measure before installing next driver BIOS is current as are Windows updates Have a W BSOD while streaming on DisplayPort attached monitor? PSU the BSOD while streaming on DisplayPort attached monitor? GPU came overclocked from the factory amp I did down clock for a short time which did not help The GPU runs cool in the low 's the new PSU runs about degrees hotter than the Dell OEM PSU But it was crashing before with the cooler running W Dell PSU Sapphire recommends a W PSU for this GPU even tho the uses less energy than the ATI Radeon it replaced Purchased a new SSD amp this past weekend performed a clean install of Windows went very well Windows found all the drivers even for the new Sound Card The Intel Driver Update Utility says there are newer Chipset Drivers avail RAID drivers too But I had the newer Chipset drivers before the fresh install of Windows amp it was crashing then So I have no idea where to go from here Suppose replacing the displayport cable then contacting Sapphire for a replacement GPU are the next steps Here is a paste from the memorydump file to go along with the SF Diagnostic ZIP Code ADDITIONAL DEBUG TEXT Use ' findthebuild' command to search for the target build information If the build information is available run ' findthebuild -s reload' to set symbol path and load symbols FAULTING MODULE fffff a nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP d DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff a ac to fffff a cbc STACK TEXT fffff ffd fffff a ac a nt KeBugCheckEx fffff ffd fffff e fffff ffdab fffffa c a ba fffff c b atikmdag x ac fffff ffd fffff b e fffffa cbe af fffffa c a fffffa c atikmdag x fffff ffd b fffff b e fffffa c f fffff c fffffa c cb fffffa c atikmdag x f e fffff ffd fffff b d fffffa c fffff ffd b atikmdag x e fffff ffd b fffff b a fffffa c a fffffa c fffffa c a bb atikmdag x d fffff ffd f fffff b d fffffa c fffffa fffff e b atikmdag x a fffff ffda fffff bf fffffa c b fffff ffdaf fffffa c fffff atikmdag x d fffff ffda fffff b ae fffffa fffffa c atikmdag x fffff ffdb fffff c fffffa b a fffffa a e ab atikmdag x dae fffff ffdb fffff fcf fffff fd e fce ab fffff fe c atikmdag x fffff ffdbc fffff a a c fffff fd fffff ffdc fffffa a fffff fe c atikmpag x fcf fffff ffdbf fffff a a fffff fd fffff fffff nt KeSynchronizeExecution x ec fffff ffdd fffff ffe fffff ff fffff ffdd nt KiCpuId x d STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP atikmdag ac fffff a ac cc int SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME atikmdag ac FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME atikmdag IMAGE NAME atikmdag sys BUCKET ID WRONG SYMBOLS Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD while streaming on DisplayPort attached monitor?

Well it's a bit odd that I would come across this info now after a month and a half but - apparently there is an issue with the 20 pin on displayport cables. The infamous pin 20 issue.
To be fully compliant a displayport cable must not have pin 20 wired through.
The monitor is feeding power down pin 20, and the video card is feeding power out as well and the some video cards don't like it, (the power feed is to provide power to active converters, DP to VGA, HDMI etc.)

This thread is pretty close to mine:
How a Bad DisplayPort Cable Can Ruin Ruin Your Day
For about 2 months I've been struggling with a BSoD error related to atikmpag.sys on my Windows 7, core i7, 2x 5870 Crossfire system.

First, I assumed it was a driver issue. At the time I think the 12.1 Catalyst drivers had just been released. So, I rolled back to 11.10 or so. BSoDs continue anywhere from every couple of days to as often as every couple hours.I formatted my system partition and reinstalled Windows to try to fix.

Guess what? BSoDs continue!

Finally, after all of this, I decide on replacing the DisplayPort cable as the last possible point of failure. I should have mentioned that I'm running 1 native DisplayPort and 2 DVI ports. I replaced it with one from Accell off Newegg and it's been over a month without any further BSoDs. I've heard of plenty of issues out there with DisplayPort adapters, but never thought I'd have an issue with a straight DisplayPort cable distributed with a Dell monitor. Having a Windows BSoD from a bad display cable was definitely an eye-opener for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309234-bsod-while-streaming-displayport-attached-monitor.html
Relevancy 58.91%

HI;

I have 2 monitors on my Dell Studio XPS with a Radion 5700 series card. I'm doing more video editing now and I would like to add a 3rd monitor.

I'm finding out there are not that many Display Port monitors to choose from.

I know that the Apple monitors are DisplayPort and they are nice screens, but they are very $$$.

Can you suggest anything under $500 with a DisplayPort in the 23" to 27" size range?

Thanks Much

Jamie

A:Looking for suggestions on mid-priced 23" or more DisplayPort Monitor

These all have Display Port.

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Monitors, LCD Monitors, ASUS, Yes, 2ms-3ms, 1

I have the ASUS VE258Q 25" which is out of stock but is available at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VE258Q-25.../dp/B004ZMH65Q

Very nice monitor.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202155-looking-suggestions-mid-priced-23-more-displayport-monitor.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Dear all As subject, I read some articles from Internet and bought a Displayport_to_VGA to connect : the Mainboard's integrated Displayport with 2nd monitor. But system cannot recognize the 2nd monitor at displayport. I haven't seen any setting on BIOS about this.  Can anybody help me to fix this problemMany thanks, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Dual-monitor-with-integrated-Displayport-of-HP-Prodesk-400/td-p/5718013
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there I am working with two monitors The first is a ViewSonic VX wm LED monitor connected to the desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M p via a DVI in monitor to Displayport Desktop cable The card is an Nvidia Geforce adapter signal Monitor DisplayPort losing on nbsp The second monitor is VGA nbsp Every so often the ViewSonic's signal goes out At first I thought it was the DVI Displayport adaptor but upon getting a new cable the problem persisted I then assumed it was the Monitor on DisplayPort adapter losing signal latest Nvidia driver update so I rolled back The monitor's signal returned for a few days but then eventually lost its signal again nbsp This process repeats every time I install an older driver the monitor comes back but eventually dies I am trying to figure out what is the cause of this problem AFAIK it cannot be the Displayport as the Geforce is compatible I have concluded it must be the ViewSonic monitor nbsp Any help as to what may cause this loss of signal would be appreciated I have a feeling it might be because I have not used an 'active' adapter and only have used passive ones nbsp I just wish this information wasn't so vague and hard to find nbsp Displayport hasn't really taken off that well has it nbsp nbsp nbsp Mod nbsp edited title for clarity nbsp

A:Monitor on DisplayPort adapter losing signal

Kindly set the display resolution to  1366*768 and set the Nvidia display to multiple display.

Best Regards,
Tanuj

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Monitor-on-DisplayPort-adapter-losing-signal/td-p/726783
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all, I am trying to connect 2 external monitors (Asus VW22AT) to my W550S laptop.Via the VGA connection, it works fine (for both monitors, i tried one by one), the display automatically sets to 1680x1050 resolution. My problem comes from the mini displayport which i used with DVI adapter (I also tried with VGA adapter), I can't get the 1680x1050 resolution, it recommands to use a 1920x1080 resolution but the screen is blurred. If I manually set to 1680x1050, the image doesn't use all the screen, each side is black on 3 centimeters thus the image is also blurred. Do you have any solution please?Best regards, Jean

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Issue-with-external-monitor-via-displayport-1680x1050-resolution/td-p/3435509
Relevancy 58.91%

I've tried several Displayport to HDMI Adapters to connect the displayport on mt ZBook 14 to my 27" monitor and the Top, Bottom and Two Sides are cut off by an inch or two, but the rest is fine. Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution OR does anyone have a proposed solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Diplayport-Output-to-27-quot-Monitor-with-Displayport-to/td-p/5711595
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a dv7 series laptop.  I also have an HP elite 2201x monitor that only has a display port connection.  I bought a DisplayPort to HDMI converter, but it doesn't work.  What do I need to do to be able to use this monitor?  Thanks.

A:Can I connect a DisplayPort monitor to hdmi on my laptop?

I find myself in a similar situation, please some find an answer for this!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-I-connect-a-DisplayPort-monitor-to-hdmi-on-my-laptop/td-p/1508683
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey All So I'm running xR X crossfire with xQnix Qx monitors One of the qnix monitors was Setup (DisplayPort w/ Having Monitor issue?) issues Triple purchased with HDMI DisplayPort connectors along with the usual DVI connector normally these monitors only come with the D-DVI input I had a monitor with just the two DVI-only monitors setup for a while that was working fine Since installing the third monitor I'm experiencing several weird things - On boot until the Windows login screen comes up Windows there is nothing on the non-primary DVI monitor so my setup is my primary monitor is one of the two DVI monitors and then the left and right monitors is another DVI-only and the DP monitor - If the monitors go to sleep or I Having issues w/ Triple Monitor Setup (DisplayPort issue?) put the computer to sleep and wake it up any windows that were on the non-primary DVI monitor are moved over to the primary DVI monitor Windows on the DP monitor do not move in this configuration - WIthin CCC after sleep monitors off I have to restart CCC's control of the color settings for the non-primary DVI monitor I'm forgetting what the actual button says but it's the button under the Display color controls settings where you can manipulate the R G B channels - I have to use the GPU for color matching since the monitors don't have any inherent ways to change R G B levels If I only connect the two DVI monitors this is not an issue If I connect one DVI and the DP monitor after sleep wake any windows that were on the DP monitor are moved over to the primary monitor again note that this didn't happen when all monitors were connected I have tried the newest version of CCC as well as the current beta version - same behavior in both I have tried using HDMI instead of DP - same behavior Aspects of this sound similar to the issues discussed in this post http www overclock net t dealing-with-displayport-hdmi-autodetect What I don't understand is why the second DVI monitor is acting so oddly when all monitors are connected Why would there be no picture when the computer boots Any input would be appreciated Thanks

A:Having issues w/ Triple Monitor Setup (DisplayPort issue?)

I run a triple monitor setup on my desktop PC. 2 DVI and one HDMI on my GT 640. The one using HDMI goes as follows Mini HDMI on video card to normal HDMI to HDMI to DVI adapter. What I notice is regardless of which monitor is set as primary my BIOS POST screen and the initial Windows Boot screen always shows on the same monitor on one of the DVI ports. The video card determines what monitor the POST screen shows on. For me it depends on how many monitors I have plugged in and what ports they use. I have never seen it where it didn't show. The logon screen then shows on my Primary monitor. I don't use sleep or hibernate so I can't help you with that. Why you don't see your POST screen I don't know, I have seen other people report the same thing though. I don't remember if they found out why though.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/50692-having-issues-w-triple-monitor-setup-displayport-issue.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am currently troubleshooting about laptop docking station dual monitor combinations all with the same laptop black sleeping when monitor Displayport connecting to... issue nbsp When the laptop is sleeping and then docked the displayport monitor will not wake up nbsp It has to Displayport monitor black when connecting sleeping laptop to... be unplugged and replugged into the docking station each time nbsp nbsp The second screen plugged in via VGA does wake up as I can move the mouse on it but the DP screen will continue to sleep nbsp The setup nbsp nbsp nbsp Elitebook Folio nbsp G docked into a HP Ultraslim docking station nbsp monitors both nbsp dell one connected via Displayport the other VGA nbsp The monitors are some variation of a Dell nbsp s nbsp Steps taken to try and fix Updated ALL drivers on the computer Updated Docking station firmware bios firmware monitor firmware Installed Displaylink and ran the configuration tools Disabled DDC Ci on the monitors Ensured the monitor is set to the DP and not auto select Installed the monitor drivers to look for additional settings nbsp Nothing I have done has had any change nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Displayport-monitor-black-when-connecting-sleeping-laptop-to/td-p/5775864
Relevancy 58.48%

I am currently troubleshooting about laptop docking station dual monitor combinations all with the same issue nbsp when laptop monitor black to... connecting sleeping Displayport When the laptop is sleeping and then docked the displayport monitor will not Displayport monitor black when connecting sleeping laptop to... wake up nbsp It has Displayport monitor black when connecting sleeping laptop to... to be unplugged and replugged into the docking station each time nbsp nbsp The second screen plugged in via VGA does wake up as I can move the mouse on it but the DP screen will continue to sleep nbsp The setup nbsp nbsp nbsp Elitebook Folio nbsp G docked into a HP Ultraslim docking station nbsp monitors both nbsp dell one connected via Displayport the other VGA nbsp The monitors are some variation of a Dell nbsp s nbsp Steps taken to try and fix Updated ALL drivers on the computer Updated Docking station firmware bios firmware monitor firmware Installed Displaylink and ran the configuration tools Disabled DDC Ci on the monitors Ensured the monitor is set to the DP and not auto select Installed the monitor drivers to look for additional settings nbsp Nothing I have done has had any change nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Displayport-monitor-black-when-connecting-sleeping-laptop-to/td-p/5775757
Relevancy 58.48%

Often when I initially turn my computer on I get the message from the latest AMD driver:
"The System has detected a problem with the connection between your computer and the DisplayPort display that will prevent you from using the highest resolutions and/or refresh rates." and my 4k monitor would be in 30 hz not 60hz. To fix this problem I either reset my computer or reset the monitor and most of the time it will then go to 60hz. I have already tried a new displayport cable, fresh installed the video drivers and face the same problem. Can anyone help please?

A:4k monitor reverting to 30hz from 60hz Displayport problem

Hey, I had the same problem and I just solved mine, so hopefully it will help yours too.

All I did was unplugged the power cable for 5-10 seconds. After I did that Windows prompted me that "You must restart your computer for these changes to take effect."

Once I restarted everything was fixed. Hope it helps! Good luck to you!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/65968-4k-monitor-reverting-30hz-60hz-displayport-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Peoples,
I just received my new Dell UltraSharp u2412m monitor!
Now I try to connect my Dell XPS15 laptop (via its mini displayport connection) to my new monitor via a mini displayport to displayport cable.Sadly it doesnt seem to connect and the monitor instantly goes into Power Save Mode...
What am I doing wrong here? Is this possible/compatible in the first place?
Thanks very much in advance!
Moris
Ps. the monitor instantly works with an old laptop via vga connection...Plug and play...

A:Problem connecting my XPS15 laptop to my u2412m monitor via displayport

Try using a different connection--hdmi would be best if the laptop has that. You can use a hdmi to dvi cable--same technology and those work. Those can be bought for less than $10.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19433952
Relevancy 57.19%

On the XPS 15 9550, can an external monitor with Displayport inputs be connect directly into the laptop's USB-C Thunderbolt output using a straight miniDisplayport-to-Displayport cable?  Similarly, can a miniDisplayPort to VGA adapter cable be plugged directly into the USB-C Thunderbolt port to drive older monitors/projectors? Or is the TB15 Dock mandatory in order to get the computer talking to  external video devices through its Thunderbolt port output?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19747388
Relevancy 55.04%

Are there any adapters to do this or ways to do this? I can't seem to find any.

I am buying new monitors, the dell u2414h. Now, while this does have hdmi, I will be connecting multiple monitors together to extend the display from the laptop to give me multiple screens. The problem with this is that it only works if you use displayport and not hdmi, so I need a way to convert the hdmi to displayport or mini displayport.

I will primarily be using these monitors with my laptop that has displayport, so that is why I am getting these monitors and that won't be a problem. I will most likely hook up other laptops to the monitors and hdmi is way more common from what I have seen on laptops than displayport and is why I need a way to go from hdmi to displayport or mini displayport.

Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Hdmi to Displayport/Mini Displayport

You can't, HDMI does not support daisy chaining in the manner that DisplayPort does and you can't use a simply adapter to go from HDMI to DisplayPort and get the features of DisplayPort.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-to-displayport-mini-displayport.1114644/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am plugging a HDMI cable into the HDMI port on a Dell E5440 laptop and the other end of the cable, which is Display Port, into a Dell P1914S monitor.
Nothing shows on the external monitor no matter what I do or try on either the laptop or monitor?  I have tried this on a Dell E7000 series laptop also with no result on that one either?
Does the HDMI port on Dell laptops support video or do I need to utilise some other means of connecting a second monitor.  Bear in mind there is no VGA output on these laptops.
Thanks in advance
Wayne

A:Dell Laptop HDMI to Dell Monitor DisplayPort?

Display port is NOT bidirectional. You can go from DISPLAY PORT OUT to HDMI IN but you CANNOT GO HDMI OUT to DIsplay port in.
I would suggest an HDMI to VGA adapter.
https://www.amazon.com/View-Hdmi-Converter-Raspberry-Board/dp/B00F04N28I

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19994340
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm using a Surface Pro 2. After my upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I'm not getting any audio out from the DisplayPort.

I use DisplayPort to HDMI to a receiver. I've upgraded to the latest RealTek audio drivers, but it's not helping. Could there be a different driver issue at play?

Any suggestions appreciated.

A:DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10

Right-click on your volume icon and click playback devices. Ensure it's selected.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/41102-displayport-audio-issue-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I just installed my windows 7 (64x) again (after formatting the hard-drive) but now I have a problem with the audio from displayport to hdmi. I can't transfer the voice from laptop to TV anymore. I checked almost everything. Disabled the video and audio cards, set the AMD HDMI output as a default device or even disabled the rest but nothing worked so far. My display: AMD mobility radeon HD 5000 Any suggestions?  

A:displayport to hdmi after installing a new windows

Hi @sasan79, Thank you for your inquiry. I grasp that you have formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows 7, but now you do not have audio on the TV.  Previously it was working fine. Have you done all your Windows updates?  Have you run the HP Support Assistant?  Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues that may also help. Please let me know the results. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the ?Thumbs Up? below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/displayport-to-hdmi-after-installing-a-new-windows/td-p/5585654
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone, I am using windows 10, surface pro 3, HP Spectre 32 connected via displayport from the Surface Pro 3 docking station.  Whenever any sound is played from any application, it takes about 1-2 seconds before sound actually comes out of the HP Spectre (it has built-in speakers).  This is my first time using displayport connector and I've generally had no issues prior to this, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why the start of the sound is delayed when video or audio playback is initiated.  Whenever audio/video starts, the sound is silent for 1-2 seconds and then picks up.  The sound is not off-track or behind the audio/video, it is like its been muted for the first few seconds of playback. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a possible resolution? thanks,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-32-Windows-10-DisplayPort-delayed-start-of-sound/td-p/5632757
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Dell XPS 13 9343 laptop running Windows 10. I have just purchased a DA100 displayport adapter.
After upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7, does not duplicated to projector.
I'm upgrade or downgrade the intel graphic driver and DA100 driver. but still not duplicated.
I'm checking the H/W and S/W at the DELL service center. Service engineer said to me the result is all ok.
But he can't fix the problem.
Who can help me? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19989056
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I just want' a clear answer if there is 6 7 working - after in Displayport windows detected stopped not months one How to make DisplayPort work on OEM Displayport not detected in windows 7 - stopped working after 6 months Win Pro x HP Probook b Here is the situation I don't want displays heck I just want Displayport not detected in windows 7 - stopped working after 6 months one to work via Displayport - it did for months Situation i needed external display only DVI-D Monitor available i got DisplayPort to DVI-D cable DisplayPort hooked to DVI-D input of SamsungSyncmaster B worked great up to x no problem closed the lid an auto got x on external monitor I took laptop and hooked it to TV DisplayPort- gt HDMI no problems One day it quot decided quot to stop working and I don't think the DisplayPort is broken something else is according to all troubles people go through I would say I was very lucky to get away with this e i getting the pisture from DisplayPort - in fact it's not broken when tested on Ubuntu it works so HW is ok I reinstalled intelHD drivers to new ones v dec - even though the things worked with old one v jul going to restore points Tried well almost all there is to be found on internet where else - nothing works though DisplayPort works with no problem on ubuntu makes you think doesn't it Tried DisplayPort to VGA - vga monitor not even detected nothing as with dvi monitors or hdmi TV which works perfectly i'm quot lucky quot i guess on other laptop yes hp proobook just year or two older than the one in question with plain Intel HD not hd - same OS win pro x I know it maybe older version of monitor but hey it works with ATI Radeon hd from desktop pc so it's not monitor fault VGA out works ok all the time - but i cannot hook dvi monitor to it and i don't want to So it seams Display Port is somehow not even in Win picture like it's not there - but that's what driver's do don't they Or is there a super hidden switch in Windows to enable DisplayPort I don't see it again It's not HW it works with Ubuntu i'll keep saying that so it's clear that it's windows intel later one thing i don't think it's HPs error really How to check if maybe DisplayPort doesn't work in wondows And what to do - it works with Live ubuntu so it's not HW failure Is there a SIMPLE solution quot Simple EXE quot to sort things out should be by now or Intel amp HP just don't care Would win solve anything - I'm not really eager to migrate because win is just ok it is no need to chnage for now - waiting next Win OS so planning to skip win as I did skip the vista failure excuse my language - but let's be real it was big fail Is there a separate DisplayPort driver if so I did not found it on HP b download page - maybe if there is one it got corrupted Is quot active quot adapter any good - would that work eg quot BIZLINK Display Port DVI-D DualLink Adapter USB Powered Cable quot - but the quot problem quot is that I'm ok with x don't need higher res for now - and I have a cable that works ok- tried on other laptop USB to DVI yes i'm that desperate - does it work like plugging monitor to VGA DisplayPort - maybe odd question but i'm not familiar with this adapters and really don't know what to expect does it go to x I'm so tired of hours spending reading that I should even reprogram EDID on DVI monitor come on but it would not change anything since it does not get detected by DisplayPort - and monitor works with dvi signal from other PC Please give me some feedback I'm not re-installing OS because of this it's plain stupid solution and I'm not sure if it's going to work again anyway - or if for how long Long post I know just please don't give me reboot with all cables plugged in or go into safe mode Thank you looking forward for possible solution

A:Displayport not detected in windows 7 - stopped working after 6 months

Anyone?

Displayport? How to check it... if it's installed ok etc?

Btw: anyone knows any good USB to HDMI/DVI-D adapter (at reasonable price)?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/361544-displayport-not-detected-windows-7-stopped-working-after-6-months.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Dell XPS 13 9343 laptop running Windows 10. I have just purchased a DA100 displayport adapter.
After upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7, does not duplicated to projector.
I'm upgrade or downgrade the intel graphic driver and DA100 driver. but still not duplicated.
I'm checking the H/W and S/W at the DELL service center. Service engineer said to me the result is all ok.
But he can't fix the problem.
Who can help me? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19989063
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a T500 with a displayport and I cna't figur eout how to attach a screen or projector to this. Is there any links to articles on this? Someone told me I need a special screen that has a Displayport input and that there are no adaptors to screens with DVI interfaces. Is this correct? I'm looking at the following requirements and how to meet them. 1. Attach my laptop to a projector for presentations. 2. Attach my laptop to a new screen with a DVI input. 3. Attach my laptop to my HDTV.... Thanks for any help.

A:Displayport - how to use this?

What type of port do you have on the notebook? VGA?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Displayport-how-to-use-this/td-p/191214
Relevancy 40.85%

System is a HP W nbsp Has NVIDIA Quadro FX M graphics nbsp NVIDIA Driver is nbsp System is in docking station nbsp DVI not available Displayport connection is to Displayport not available a HP LP monitor nbsp This works nbsp Trying to connect a second display to displayport nbsp Either from the laptop directly or docking station nbsp Using a StarTech Display port to DVI Dual Link Displayport not available Active adapter nbsp Second display is a planar SA W nbsp - connected via dual link DVI to the startech adapter nbsp When this is connected the display is shown in the NVIDIA control panel setup multiple displays - but I am unable to select this display as an option nbsp I try in windows and it won't allow me to select the display nbsp I am able to connect the SA W via VGA but this connection won't support my ultimate goal of having stereo display on the Planar - requires x Hz via Dual Link DVI connection nbsp The bios is F nbsp Any suggestions

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Displayport-not-available/td-p/5705823
Relevancy 40.85%

A lot is said about the new DisplayPort connection, but the hardware requirements are hard to find. I have a monitor with displayport 1.2. Does the monitor have to be a displayport 1.2a or 1.3? Do you only need a video card with a 1.2a or 1.3 connector? Are today's monitors displays what the video card and cable sends to it? For example; a VGA cable can only send a signal it can handle to the monitor. Is this the same for DisplayPort?

Thank you,
David

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/displayport-1-2a-1-3.1133795/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Guys So im having a problem here I bought a new projector for my setup my Graphics card has two DVI ports one HDMI and one Displayport Up until now i ve been Displayport Error... PLEASE HELP!! using the HDMI port for my monitor but I now need to change his and use the Displayport for my monitor which also has a Displayport as the Projector will use up the only HDMI port However when I connect the Monitor with the Displayport cable I get an Displayport Error... PLEASE HELP!! error saying displayport link failure I Dont know what the problem is I ve tried using another brand new cable and it still doesn t work I updated all the relevant drivers Not sure if it is the Monitor at fault or my graphics card Here are the Specs to my Rig CPU AMD FX- GHz -Core Processor CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AM Motherboard Memory G Skill Trident X Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Kingston HyperX K GB quot Solid State Drive Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Asus Radeon R X GB DirectCU II Video Card Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Corsair RM W Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Monitor AOC I VM Hz quot Monitor Would really appreciate if anyone can help me out with this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/displayport-error-please-help.1127545/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello no gives Displayport signal So I bought a new monitor the MG Q and tried plugging it in to my PC via displayport the monitor comes with a DP- gt miniDP cable from GTX DP to monitors miniDP and the monitor gives no signal However the computer does recognize the monitor and for example gives the sound alarm for new Displayport gives no signal device attached I can also see the device describes as quot Generic pnp monitor quot and I can see it in the Windows's own control panel for monitor the nvidia control panel pics in the end But it won't allow me to set the monitor to use I suspected that the cable might be broken so I tested it with my UX LN GeForce M laptop which has a miniDP I plugged it to the monitor from laptops miniDP to monitors normal DP the monitor has both DP and mDP and wow image straight away So the cable should be fine I guess But this is somewhat of an different situation as I use different port in the monitor compared to my desktops GTX And I don't have other computers or gadgets that I could use to test the monitors miniDP port Next I plugged in the monitor via HDMI to my desktop and that worked just fine It recognizes the monitor without problems Using my old XL Z monitor with DVI MG Q with DP or the MG Q with HDMI DP at the same time I can see the MG Q being connected twice but it only chooses the HDMI connection and doesn't let me change it to DP even though it shows the connection Here are some pics to explain it better sorry about the fact that it's in my own main language Multiple panel settings window It shows the MG Q on the top under GTX the one not clicked but it won't let me click it to use Sometimes it lets me tick it for a second but instantly ticks the box off The monitor nro is the MG Q via HDMI Surround PhysX window shows that I've connected the monitor via DP but it is greyed out It also won't let me make a surround set with the Xl z mg q DP Changing resolution settings only displays the HDMI connected monitor So I tried uninstalling the Nvidia drivers freshly installing them did not help at all Neither did uninstalling the generic pnp monitor so the computer would reinstall the displays drivers I also freshly installed from Win Pro - gt Win Pro and no difference was intended to do that later on anyway so I thought that I might check if it helps my laptop is running Win and it's DP worked after all I also went to BIOS and checked that iGPU is disabled monitor setting is set to PCIE instead of auto no use I would also test the GTX 's DP on other desktop computer but I can't Anyway I'm somewhat suspecting a software hardware compatibility issue as the monitor is being recognized Doubt the fact that the monitors miniDP or my graphics cards DP port is broken What should I do or try I really want to run the monitor via DP so I can utilize the Hz refresh rate Tech specs PC P Z -V PRO GEN bios v i K GTX DC vbios AS x GB Mhz DDR AX PSU Win Pro Monitor s MG Q XL Z

A:Displayport gives no signal

You may have to select the input directly from the monitor itself. Is what i have to do with mine.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/32689-displayport-gives-no-signal.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I plan to buy new laptop and ProBook 450 G4 seems to me like reasonable priced laptop. I wanted use docking station that uses Thunderbolt 3 but I don't know if it will work as I plan.  For that I need support of DisplayPort over USB-C and USB Power Delivery. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Support-of-DisplayPort-over-USB-C/td-p/5823167
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi nbsp I to DisplayPort 900 USB-C Yoga have a USB-C to DisplayPort converter cable to connect my Yoga to Yoga 900 USB-C to DisplayPort an HP Envy with a resolution of x Yoga 900 USB-C to DisplayPort pixels It normally works reasonably well except for two things It usually takes three or four connections pulling USB-C connector nbsp in and out until the monitor is recorgnized and it flickers from time to time nbsp Hopefully this is an issue with the cheap cable and not the expensive computer or monitor nbsp Now the USB-C port is spec'ed as having native display port video output Does this mean that I should be able to use a simple cable without a protruding converter as the one in the link below or do I absolutely need a converter Does the Yoga comply with Alternative Mode DisplayPort Are there any Yoga 900 USB-C to DisplayPort recommended cables I didn't check the Lenovo shop in a while but there was nothing like this when I last looked nbsp USB-C to DisplayPort m cable https www amazon es Cable-adaptador-Plugable-USB-C-DisplayPort dp B EXKDRAC ref sr s electro nbsp This one's a little long for my configuration A cm cable would be enough nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp nbsp -Philippe Gibelin

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-USB-C-to-DisplayPort/td-p/3360501
Relevancy 40.42%

So i have only just found out what displayport is, i assumed it was a very outdated port, but i have read it is better than HDMI from many sources. i have a Sapphire HD 5870 GPU (http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=000101&pid=337) which has a displayport, but i dont know how to find out if its 1.1 or 1.2, can anyone help?
also i was going to try using displayport to connect to my monitor to see if there is any picture changes, but i only have an hdmi input, so was thinking about using a displayport cable and then an adapter like this http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/4137711/art/iberia-pc/display-port-male-to-hdmi.html
or would that negate any displayport improvements?
thanks for any info on any of this!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-few-displayport-questions.972592/
Relevancy 40.42%

Trying to use the displayport
Is there a setting on the monitor or bios I need to change to use that?

Here is the cord I have:
displayport
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00917TOOQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the monitor I have
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UT2C4U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the motherboard I have
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131760

Here is the video card I have
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S9SGMZM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I get a signal with the DVI-D - which I could go back to but was trying to upgrade to the displayport
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012SIGLO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A:Solved: displayport?

You may have to start connected via DVI until you get the drivers for the Video card installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-displayport.1142604/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am trying to connect a monitor HP LA2405wg to an HP 8570p (W7 64bit; AMD radeon HD7570M) through Displayport direct connection without succeding. the monitor is recognized (I can see in "monitor resolution" in window) and hear the plugin sound.the monitor start scanning the ports but conclude "no signal" everywhere. I already updated driver and software through HP utilities.I already tried power off everything, disconnect all cables (signal and powers) and turn on and reconnect (first the pc, then the monitor) no changes. Interestingly, if I try VGA connection everything is fine.When I try displayport (VGA cable disconnected) I can see ("monitor resulution window) an available VGA output non connected and two entries in device manager-monitors (both la2405). any hint greatly appreciated.thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/displayport-not-working/td-p/5614455
Relevancy 39.99%

So I have a Thinkpad T with NVIDIA Quadro NVS M with a VGA out and Displayport out Windows Pro -bit For the past few months I have simply just used a VGA cord from the VGA out to the tv and used external speakers for my tv setup I to LCD TV Displayport/HDMI 1080p recently bought a Displayport to HDMI adapter so I can pass both video and sound to my tv digitally Video and sound passthrough works just fine my laptop picks Displayport/HDMI to 1080p LCD TV the tv as a secondary display But I can t get it to run at p Over VGA it automatically set itself to x and never had an issue Now over HDMI it picks up at Displayport/HDMI to 1080p LCD TV x Hz NVIDIA control panel recognizes x as native but when I set it to that setting the screen edges are cut off top bottom left right they are off the screen I ve read this is what is called quot overscan quot but I m no television expert I tried resizing the screen but then another issue became apperent green dots all over the green like snow in different positions as time passes I have ruled out the new DP to HDMI adapter by pluggging my laptop with the same adapter and hdmi cord to my ASUS VH H monitor through its own HDMI input automatically runs at p with sound with none of the above issues I have spent a few hours Displayport/HDMI to 1080p LCD TV reading through similar topics on this forum and others but most conclude with driver update Unforunately since Lenovo opted out of Nvidia s driver program Im stuck with Lenovo s driver which is quite old Sept so thats off the table I ve read too this seems to be common with Windows and not Vista and XP Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it It would be nice to run my tv at p from my laptop and not x

A:Displayport/HDMI to 1080p LCD TV

Hello & welcome to sevenforums,

What's about duplicate the laptop screen over the Hdmi cable in the Windows 7 display settings, not your video card drivers?
So the laptop will be overscan, but not the digital TV that will have the full screen without any black borders or cutted edges.

But looks the duplicate display will stay at 1366x768 / 60hertz, 32bits colors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/147978-displayport-hdmi-1080p-lcd-tv.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I replaced my monitor with a Dell that has VGA, DVI and DisplayPort. My PC outputs VGA or HDMI, so I'm using an HDMI to DVI cable(previous monitor is VGA and DVI only). My only gripe with this cable is that the DVI end is hard to attach/remove. I can get HDMI-DisplayPort cables or adapters, this would be so much easier to deal with than trying to screw that DVI cable in place, but I need to know if outputting HDMI into the DisplayPort is going to cause any issues with picture quality.

I see either dedicated cables or converter boxes on eBay, converter box would be cheaper and I can use whatever HDMI cable I have on hand.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/384510-hdmi-displayport-any-drawbacks.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I just connected my Dell U2410 monitor to my ATI Radeon HD 7850 video card with a DisplayPort cable for the first time. (No adapters; native DisplayPort to DisplayPort.) I got a good 1920x1200 display immediately after plugging it in, but when I launched the Catalyst Control Center (to manage displays), the resolution dropped very low and an error box popped up and said higher resolutions weren't supported due to a DisplayPort issue.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Based on the checking I've done, both the card and the monitor should support this resolution via DisplayPort. Which they did right after I plugged the cable in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/displayport-only-giving-low-resolution.1105894/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,I purchased a used PC Lenovo M91p series S4DNVP1 No. Machine Type 0266 (integrated graphics Intel HD graphics 2000).I have not yet bought screen.Can you tell me what version of DisplayPort supports this machine: 1.0, 1.2 or 1.3 or something?This would allow me to purchase the screen that should at best. Thank you in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Lenovo-M91p-DisplayPort/td-p/3456325
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,I have a Lenovo T420 laptop 4236AR2 (integrated graphics Intel HD graphics 3000).Can you tell me what version of DisplayPort supports this machine: 1.0, 1.2 or 1.3 or something? Thank you in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T420-DisplayPort/td-p/3456326
Relevancy 39.99%

Doesn't it seem strange, that there is a lack of displayport cables & adaptors at retailers? Nevermind why one would bother spending an arm & leg that way, and just shop on-line. But there are shelves of DVI, hdmi, even vga gear. I can even find dvi to hdmi cables, but try and find a displayport to dvi cable and most of these retail clowns don't even know what your talking about.

A:Lack of displayport cables

Hello Fantail,

Just in case you didn't know since most people do not because it's not made to be real clear by the manufacturers, and to save you some expense from getting the wrong adapters.

If you wanted to use say Eyefinity to have multiple monitors to act as one large display using displayport (DP) connections, you would need to make sure that you have a Active DP to DVI adapter. It will not work with using the Passive DP to DVI adapters that usually come with the graphic card. The passive adapters will only work fine if you wanted to have each monitor act as a separate extended display.

You can usually find these adapters for around $20 or so each online at Newegg or Amazon.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/141702-lack-displayport-cables.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hi
I have bought a new monitor (32´ 2560x1440) that I have on displayport and a second on VGA (22´ 1050x1680)
I have a Dell E6420 with Intel HD 3000 grafikcard
On startup everything seems ok but if I go away for a coffe it seems that both screens are on normal screensave but I cant wake up the big monitor. If I change cables and restart everything is ok till I do a break
My descriptions is a little wage I know but if someone could give som tips on what to test now I have the big monitor on DVI but that cable cant use the better resolution
My guess is that it is something with the grafikcard?
thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992410
Relevancy 39.99%

UPDATE Never mind - problem solved since originally posted The adapter physically broke so it has to be that and not a Windows issue The wires disconnected DisplayPort not recognized suddenly within the larger square box but it was internal so you couldn't see it and the cable itself on the outside didn't appear loose or wiggly you had to pick it up and try twisting it around in order to notice and normally you wouldn't twist an apparently solid cable-plug connection Usually with cables you either see the plug physically coming loose or the audio DisplayPort suddenly not recognized video becomes static-y neither of which was the case here ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My Thinkpad suddenly stopped recognizing the DisplayPort I had been connecting to the TV DisplayPort suddenly not recognized using the adapter pictured and HDMI cable going from that to into the TV Everything worked flawlessly for two years or so then suddenly a few days ago it's as if the connection doesn't exist Tried everything like restarting disconnecting reconnecting checking TV's input settings changing laptop's display duplicate extend projector only disconnect projector Thanks Thinkpad T Win Pro bit

A:DisplayPort suddenly not recognized

Well done with solving your issue yourself .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366378-displayport-suddenly-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,
seen that the TB3 dock is not available at the moment, is there a solution to to link my monitor 4k to the XPS15 9550 not by hdmi port because i need it for a tv decoder?
thanks

A:help: missing of Displayport on XPS 15 9550

You can try this (plugable.com/thunderbolt-3) when it becomes available. They claim it will be available next month but its release has been delayed for many months.
JohnD

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991760
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello!I have m91p and last week I tried to connect 2 screens one with VGA and one via DisplayPort (through dp to hdmi adapter) and every thing went well.But yesterday I connected the DP to my tv and it shows "no-signal". I tried every combination and I still got "no-signal".the VGA work great.Both vga and DP are on-board outputs.Thanks!Dvir

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/m91p-displayport-issue/td-p/3377278
Relevancy 39.99%

MSI R9 390 (latest crimson drivers), Dell U2415 (DP 1.2 enabled), Dell U2412M (DP 1.1)
Using the mini DP cable that came with the 2415. Using a standard DP cable between the two.

I choose extended desktop using the WinKey/P shortcut, but it doesn't stick. Is it the standard cable between the two monitors? The 1.2 to 1.1?
I can't seem to get anything other than a duplicated desktop, which is of no use to me. I need the extended desktop. What am I misiing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/396965-displayport-1-2-1-1-no-extended-desktop.html
Relevancy 39.99%

This machine has an NVidia NVS 3100M with a displayport output. When using a displayport to HDMI adaptor feeding an HDCP compliant monitor, the Nvidia control panel tells me that the setup is not HDCP compliant. In addition, when I select the monitor for HDMI audio in the Nvidia control panel, it does not appear as a windows playback selection. All the latest drivers for the card (including Nvidia High Definition audio) are installed correctly. The displayport to HDMI adaptor works fine with audio when used on a different PC. Can anyone suggest what to check next?  Thank you.

A:Displayport HDCP/Audio

I have the same problem since upgrading to Windows 10.There were no HDCP complaints with Windows 7 - though since there were none, I did not check what the Nvidia Driver said about it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Displayport-HDCP-Audio/td-p/5315082
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, I installed Windows 7 x64 on a Prodesk 600 G2 SFF and the DisplayPorts are not working. VGA does work. I installed the Intel Graphics drivers from HP web site. Any ideas ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Prodesk-600-G2-SFF-DisplayPort-not-working/td-p/5618621
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Im new to this but I joined as I needed some help with a problem i'm facing when trying to connect my laptop to an external monitor using a mini display port to VGA adapter When I try to connect my laptop to my external monitor with the adapter my external monitor does not detect anything however when I connect to the external monitor with the problem Displayport VGA Mini to adapter and the laptop connected with a dvi to hdmi cable the monitor detects the signal I somehow managed to get to work once but don't know how The problem i'm facing Mini Displayport to VGA problem is that the mini display port to vga connector wont connect to the display on its own it needs the laptop to be connected with the dvi to hdmi cable aswell as the adapter but the hdmi cable needs to be plugged in to the back of my playstation My laptop is a Dell Xps with nvidia graphics and intel Any Help is much appreciated Thanks Jhon

A:Mini Displayport to VGA problem

VGA is analog only and I'm not sure if DisplayPort can do analog and digital, but it's primarily intended for digital. DVI and HDMI (which is just DVI plus audio on a different connector head) can do both analog and digital. So assuming that DP can do analog, you'd probably need to find a way to make the GPU specifically output an analog signal. You'd probably be better off either A) getting a new monitor that can handle DisplayPort or at least DVI/HDMI and using that or B) checking a place like Amazon for an active signal converter, which is what the laptop is doing now. You can't passively convert a digital signal to analog, you need a powered device. Plenty of people will be quite happy to sell you an adapter that just connects the different pins, but it won't do you any good because you're just sending a digital signal over a cable where the device on the other end is going to be expecting analog.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/54462-mini-displayport-vga-problem.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,

I have a problem and hope someone might know what`s wrong.

When I play any pcgame sound stops working after 5 to 10 minutes,
but only when I use a DP Cable, with HDMI it works fine.
Movies and music work fine with either cable.

it`s actually not a huge problem, I just have to change plugs if I want to use my PS4, or buy a headphone cable extension. But maybe someone has the solution on hand.

Thank You!

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A with realtek onboard sound
Graphics: Gforce GTX 770
Monitor: Asus VN279Q

A:DisplayPort Audio cuts out during gaming

What is a DP cable?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/displayport-audio-cuts-out-during-gaming.215879/
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm considering buying a portable USB C monitor, does anybody know if the Aspire E5's USB C supports DisplayPort Alt Mode?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E5-575G-DisplayPort-Alt-Mode/td-p/465240
Relevancy 39.56%

I am trying to connect the HDMI port on my nVidia GeForce GT 640 video card to the DisplayPort input on my HP Compaq L2206tm monitor. This is the reverse of what is expected by cable fabricators who have lots of cables and adapters for the opposite configuration, i.e., DP on the videocard and HDMI input on the monitor. There seems to be a uni-directional vs bi-directional issue involved with DP, but I don't quite understand it. Anyway, the uni-directional choices I am seeing are in the wrong direction. Anybody dealt with this and what is your advice for me?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/54604-hdmi-displayport-video-issue.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello working mini displayport carbon to X1 dp not nbsp I just got a brand new X Carbon I would like to use it with a large in Dell screen X1 carbon mini displayport to dp not working This screen has a dedicated DP and I connected it to the mini DP of the X1 carbon mini displayport to dp not working X I could not get it to work the X does not identify the screen and the screen displays a message no display port X1 carbon mini displayport to dp not working cable I used another cable still does not work nbsp I know that the screen DP is OK since I am using it with my older laptop Lenovo X and I get a perfect high-resolution display Also I know that the mini DP on the X is not completely dead since when I connect it to the screen HDMI entry nbsp with nbsp a dedicated mini DP to HDMI connector it works OK nbsp I followed the instructions in the user manual re updating the monitor driver etc The problem still exists nbsp I will appreciate any help with this problem nbsp Thanks nbsp Ben Solved Go to Solution

A:X1 carbon mini displayport to dp not working

Hi BenZion,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing the issue with Display port on your ThinkPad X1 Carbon.

Have you checked with updating Graphic drivers and BIOS update?
If you have any difficulty in finding the drivers, please share the MTM number & OS (Operating System) of your device so that I can assist you with the drivers.

Hope this helps!

Best regards
Hemanth Kumar.B

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-carbon-mini-displayport-to-dp-not-working/td-p/1684225
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi. Just got a brand new Revo M1-601 in the door. I thought i would use it to display a couple of files continously on two TV's, using HDMI to one TV, and DisplayPort ( via DP to HDMI convertor ) to the other.However the Revo does not seem to detect anything in the DP-port. The HDMI works like it should. Any ideas on what I should do?  Regards, Torstein.

A:Revo build M1-601 - DisplayPort problem

Are you using an active (powered) DP port to HDMI adapter? If you are not using an active adapter, is most likely will not work.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Revo-build-M1-601-DisplayPort-problem/td-p/415462
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi All - I have an Elite X2 1012 G1 with an M5 Chip, 8GB RAM and 256GB Disk.  It's a great computer and works very nicely.  I just received a USB-C Docking Station.  I can get the HDMI port to work but the DisplayPort refuses to cooperate.  I've tried dozens of settings, two monitors and two video cables.  I increased video RAM to 512mb.  Nothing seems to make this work. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for help? Thanks in advance,Bob

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Elite-USB-C-Docking-Station-DisplayPort/td-p/5593141
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, I have a HP EliteBook 8440p and with my DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter I have connected the CP to my TV. Both HDMI cable, and adapter is ready for both sound and picture, but Im not geting any sound from my 8440p through this setup.Does anyone have an idea? Maybe the 8440p doesn't support sound through DisplayPort? Not been able to find this out.. Hope anyone can help me :-)

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Sound through DisplayPort on HP EliteBook 8440p

The solution Is to install the Intel (R) Display Audio drivers. If you need them email me and I will send them to you. steps to install:1. Click on the flagged High Definition Audio Device2. Update driver3. Let me Pick Which Driver to instal4. Have disk5. Go to downloaded file location and install6.  No restart needed. [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-through-DisplayPort-on-HP-EliteBook-8440p/td-p/927021
Relevancy 39.56%

Does anyone have 8000 Elite over Audio DisplayPort: a definitive answer about whether the DisplayPort in this desktop supports audio nbsp This machine has Audio over DisplayPort: Elite 8000 the default embedded Intel grahpics adapter nbsp I'm using an HDMI converter cable that works fine with my laptop so I know the cable is good nbsp A DisplayPort with the symbol is supposed to support audio and the desktop does indeed show the symbol but I do not get audio nbsp The audio system settings don't show anything other than headphone and speakers nbsp nbsp I have an HP Elitebook P notebook that also has the DisplayPort with the symbol and it works perfectly nbsp In addition to Audio over DisplayPort: Elite 8000 headphone and speakers HDMI shows up in the sound settings nbsp I tried to find some specs on the Intel website but I'm not sure what video adapter this is nbsp HP says nbsp but it looks like it's part of the series chipset on the Intel website nbsp Thanks for any help

A:Audio over DisplayPort: Elite 8000

Hi, same problem here, no sound via DP->HDMI on my 8000 elite ...Please can someone from HP crew answer ???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Audio-over-DisplayPort-Elite-8000/td-p/5059316
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I recently support 4400 1.2 HD Displayport graphics started to experience problems with DP support on my Latitude E with Intel HD graphics At firs the monitors failed to show image when I docked my laptop Undocking and docking again HD 4400 graphics Displayport 1.2 support would then resolve the issue But HD 4400 graphics Displayport 1.2 support after a few days it failed to show image no matter what After long hours of troubleshooting with drivers and firmwares and updates etc I discowered nbsp that disabling the DP from my monitor enabled me to get image at least to one of my HD 4400 graphics Displayport 1.2 support screens diabling can only be done when there is an actual image on the screen P As I have now come to an understanding through multiple support requests that it is actually something that is not supported under WIN with my setup My WIN is an update from WIN Could this be the cause that it was working in first place I cant confirm it because it was some time ago but I started to use the DP option when I had already updated to WIN Does anyone have an idea of such similar cases or have I been privileged to use something that was not supposed to work in the first place My setup Dell Latitude E WIN upgraded from WIN x Dell U H monitors daisy chained Dell dock All the best Vahur

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19997485
Relevancy 39.56%

Amazon.com: BuyCheapCables® High Quality Black DisplayPort Male to HDMI Cable Male - 6 Feet / 2M: Electronics

I've been using this cable since my laptop (HP Elitebook 840 G1) does not have an HDMI input. It has been working fine for a few months now. I unplugged it few mornings ago, as I have done almost every morning, and took the laptop out. Never even used the laptop, came home, plugged it back in and it's been giving the "no signal" error since. I even ordered a new cable thinking it was a busted cable, still same problem.

Any idea what could have gone wrong so easily?

Thank you!

edit: Forgot to mention that I hooked up my actual desktop PC to the HDTV via HDMI cable and it works fine!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/378618-samsung-6203-laptop-displayport.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi people - and hopefully Lenovo staff - nbsp I have a new T s and having problems connecting my Samsung DisplayPort T440s HDMI: Not detected to monitor to it nbsp First the hardware - Lenovo ThinkPad T s i - U GHz GB RAM SSD running Windows Pro bit- Samsung SyncMaster S B T VGA HDMI - mDisplayPort - gt HDMI adapter nbsp The problem When I connect the monitor to the computer to the mDisplayPort via the mDisplayPort HDMI-adapter and HDMI-cable nothing happens Windows native Display Settings dialog's Detect link says Didn't detect another display The monitor works fine via VGA-cable The monitor works fine with my tv set top box via T440s DisplayPort to HDMI: Not detected HDMI The computer works fine with my tv with the mDisplayPort HDMI-adapter and HDMI-cable The computer T440s DisplayPort to HDMI: Not detected works fine with my work monitors via pure mDisplayPort- gt DisplayPort cable So - everything works except said connection to the monitor nbsp I have tried - Latest Intel HD Graphics driver from Lenovo version dated - - Latest BIOS upgrade GJET WW v dated - - Latest Intel HD Graphics driver directly from Intel but I was not allowed to install it I have to use Lenovo's driver - Getting the Samsung driver for the monitor from Samsung website though the latest version is also v from nbsp This guy has the same problem I think nbsp https forums lenovo com t Windows- -and- - T s-and-Dell-S H m-p nbsp Is there a difference in a pc monitor via HDMI and a tv via HDMI Tv is a Sony Bravia about - years old sorry don't have the model number hereHi people - and hopefully Lenovo staff - nbsp I hope anyone can help me nbsp Best regards nbsp SvendK nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440s-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-Not-detected/td-p/3320094
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi

As the title indicates i'm on the lookout for a new mini displayport equipped graphics card to fit in my Win 7 desktop pc to connect to a 24" LED Apple Cinema display (on order) which obviously uses a mini displayport connector. I won't be gaming, just 2D CAD work and would prefer a low power, quiet GPU. After a lot of research decided on the single slot 1GB XFX ATI HD 5770 GDDR5 card but just read a review on newegg which mentioned that this card causes the 24" Apple Cinema Display to flicker in Windows 7...so now a bit hesitant Also came across the 512mb AMD FirePro 2460 but this is about $300!!! Any other recommendations?

Thanks

A:Looking for a basic GPU equipped with mini displayport

Stick with the 5770 or go to the 5870. The screen flicker you refer to has to do with the refresh rate not set correctly. When you have all you parts up and running try the different refresh rates...that should fix it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/128546-looking-basic-gpu-equipped-mini-displayport.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Probably a dumb question (sorry) but trying to do some homework before my new system and monitor arrive.

Monitor (Dell U2713HM) will have multiple input possibilities, including DVI-D, Displayport and HDMI.

Graphics card (GeForce GTX 745) will have DVI-D and HDMI outputs.

Computer will also have onboard Displayport 1.2 output.

I assume I am going to connect the monitor and graphics card directly via DVI-D, but my questions are these:

Is there going to be any difference between using the onboard DisplayPort vs the graphics card DVI-D connection? If I use the onboard Displayport as the connection to the monitor, is this bypassing my graphics card altogether or is the graphics card working in conjunction with the DisplayPort in some way?

Thanks.

A:Which to use? Onboard DisplayPort or DVI-D on graphics card?

Personally, if you have a dedicated card then use the ports on that card. I would assume (only an assumption without knowing more detailed system specs) that the onboard display port is associated with an integrated APU / GPU setup.

As far as DVI-D and HDMI go, they are essentially the same as far as graphics are concerned, the main difference is that HDMI also carries audio (DVI-D is only video). If you have speakers connected to normal audio ports then it makes no difference. If you are using a screen / TV with its own speakers then HDMI is probably a better option as it means less cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-to-use-onboard-displayport-or-dvi-d-on-graphics-card.1128983/
Relevancy 39.56%

My dad is wanting to get a new PC He has monitors he'd like to get hooked up to it and all of them have DVI single two a run to monitrs DVI Use output DisplayPort and VGA input He is using these monitors with his home and work PC so due to the ports on his work PC one of them will need to be connected via VGA They're resolutions are x x and another x The PC he's looking at has two graphics card options quot NVIDIA GeForce GT GB DP VGA quot and quot AMD Radeon HD GB DVI DP Full Height quot is there any way all can be hooked up What Use a single DisplayPort output to run two DVI monitrs I've seen is that there is that these adapters can cost a lot around - and get bad reviews and they don't register as multiple monitors However I've seen some advertised as having extend mode would it be reasonable to use that on the x displays and then use a rd party program to split them into separate displays Is there any good way to go about doing this or should we look for a PC that has a xDVI graphics card Thanks

A:Use a single DisplayPort output to run two DVI monitrs

You will be better off getting a card that hass the needed outputs that you need. While DisplayPort has a means of sending two display signals down one cable, it is bare far from being supported.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/357030-use-single-displayport-output-run-two-dvi-monitrs.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi. Just got a brand new Revo M1-601 in the door. I thought i would use it to display a couple of files continously on two TV's, using HDMI to one TV, and DisplayPort ( via DP to HDMI convertor ) to the other.However the Revo does not seem to detect anything in the DP-port. The HDMI works like it should. Any ideas on what I should do?  Regards, Torstein.

A:Revo build M1-601 - DisplayPort problem

Are you using an active (powered) DP port to HDMI adapter? If you are not using an active adapter, is most likely will not work.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Revo-build-M1-601-DisplayPort-problem/td-p/415462/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.56%

I am a bit befuddled with the T for a few reasons but primarily while trying to dual T420 Graphics Integrated Displayport With screen I keep hitting one problem or T420 Displayport With Integrated Graphics another First Specs Basic Enterprise T i - m Gbs RAM Integrated HD with CD DVD RW It has the x Built in LCD and is equiped with a smartcard reader and modem card Now that thats out of the way I cannot get dual screens for the life of me with this laptop Now nbsp I dont have any monitors with Display ports so Im still utilizing DVI and VGA and one HDMI port and I have nbsp a display to HDMI adapter lyin around I tried using the adapter with my monitor and TV but with no success Next I went well Ill get a docking station it has T420 Displayport With Integrated Graphics a VGA and DVI connector so I did but the VGA port outputs red only no blue no green whilst the DVI works fine and best thing is I cant return it So I grabbed the Display to HDMI and tried the docking station Display with the same results Even when its the only attached monitor it doesnt see it I tried Win Display Settings Enabling and disabling the Digital Display in the Intel Graphics options and tried the Fn F or whatever thats suppose to out put to the external monitors all with no luck I see people here saying to change BIOs Video options but since I dont have nVidia all I got is Defualt Boot Screen selection i e Built in Display Analogue Digital Disp Digital Disp lt --When I select either of those it still outputs on DVI So Im at a loss the frick do I do nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420-Displayport-With-Integrated-Graphics/td-p/3432143
Relevancy 39.56%

On my ThinkCentre M92p which has Windows 7 pro installed I am using a standard monitor from the onboard VGA.
But now I want to run a 2nd display to my LCD TV. So I have a new cable into the onboard displayport and the other end is HDMI into my TV. Nothing showed on the TV (no signal). So I went to the display settings and click on Detect but (Another display not detected) came up. Then I went into BIOS and set up the video to Multiple Displays. Still No Signal.
As far as I know I have the correct drivers for this model from the support downloads. Driver (b2vdo41us14.exe)
I am hope now someone can guide me through what I am doing wrong. And be thankful for any input.

Mod:  edited title for clarity

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:M92p - DisplayPort to HDMI not working

What is your BIOS version ?    And exactly what cable are you using for DP to HDMI ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M92p-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-not-working/td-p/3353252
Relevancy 39.56%

Dear Support Team,
I have got an E6410 with a DP > HDMI converter. The video part is working fine on the TV but the audio does not work at all (is still remain on laptop).
I have downloaded and installed the latest software and drivers form  dell.com for this type of laptop but the problem is still the same .
I have  the latest  Graphics Driver for the Intel HD Video card from Dell Support Center.
Do you have any Idea ?
Displayport on E6410 doesn't support audio transmition?
Regards
Jorge

A:Displayport to HDMI audio problem

Please, any idea?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19384010
Relevancy 39.56%

I posted a question but it was edited and I think I was misunderstood.
So I'll trying asking it better now...

I own a Tecra M11-103 it has both a vga port/bus (im not sure how to call it) and a mini displayport.
Everything worked fine until in the middle of watching TV (notebook was connected to the TV via mini displayport to hdmi adapter) something went wrong and since then the port is not identified... the vga port works fine but the mini displayport just stopped recognising whenever a cable is plugged into it...

How can I reinstall the port itself?
I tried reinstalling the display driver but it didn't help, I thought of maybe reinstalling the chipset utility but I don't know what it means and what's the danger...

If my question is still unclear please help me privide the most accurate information...
Thanks
Etty

A:Tecra M11-103 - mini displayport does not seem to work

Hi mate:
Please don't start always new threads about one and the same theme.
Please follow this first thread to avoid misunderstandings:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=237063

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60584-Tecra-M11-103-mini-displayport-does-not-seem-to-work
Relevancy 39.56%

While I was working couple of days ago my external monitor suddenly went black I was using hdmi to displayport [HP 8570W] working Displayport not ELITEBOOK converter in order to connect monitor to my laptop However even though I have bought [HP ELITEBOOK 8570W] Displayport not working a new converter and a new hdmi cable it is still not working nbsp The interesting part is when I disconnected the cable from my laptop monitor says please connect the cable However when I connect the cable again it waits for a while and says no video output and when I disconnect it again says please connect the cable nbsp So I believe that it is not purely a hardware issue but yet I can get no signal to displayport even if I use linux boot cd nbsp reinstall drivers or reinstall windows nbsp nbsp Any help will be appreciated nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp P S my graphics card is Nvidia quadro k m and I am mainly using my computer for CAD and CAE simulations for designing ships So larger screen is a must for me nbsp My external screen is full hd philips gioco nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-ELITEBOOK-8570W-Displayport-not-working/td-p/5622336
Relevancy 39.56%

On my ThinkCentre M92p which has Windows 7 pro installed I am using a standard monitor from the onboard VGA.But now I want to run a 2nd display to my LCD TV. So I have a new cable into the onboard displayport and the other end is HDMI into my TV. Nothing showed on the TV (no signal). So I went to the display settings and click on Detect but (Another display not detected) came up. Then I went into BIOS and set up the video to Multiple Displays. Still No Signal. As far as I know I have the correct drivers for this model from the support downloads. Driver (b2vdo41us14.exe)I am hope now someone can guide me through what I am doing wrong. And be thankful for any input.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Displayport-on-M92p-is-not-work-as-a-2nd-screen/td-p/3353252
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, we have one EliteBook 840 G2 which freezes - black monitor no reaction have to restart - while on batterie and connecting the integrated Display port to a Display port cable (presentation meeting room). Windows 7 Ent - all updatesGraphic Card Intel HD Graphics 5500 Driver Date 28.08.2015 - Version 10.18.14.4280Checked the problem with hardware/software rendering in Internet Explorer (search on HP forum for similar issues)Updated the standard BISO graphic ram settings from 32mb to 512mbBios Version M71 Ver. 01.08 with no effect. The device is normally connected to a 2013 Slim Dockingstation with 2 monitors (connected via DisplayPort) and used including notebook monitor (3 monitor mode). After taking out of the dockingstation and connecting it to a DisplayPort cable in meeting room the freeze occurs. Any ideas? Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Freeze-on-DisplayPort-cable-connect/td-p/5649443
Relevancy 39.56%

All, I have just purchased a 27" monitor that i have connected to my x200 ultrabase. I run a X201 thinkpad. I connected the DisplayPort connector to the dock and on the other end a minidisplay connector to the screen. The screen does not get signal, nor does the laptop recognize the screen :-(A screen connected via the VGA connector works fine. How to resolve?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x200-displayport-doesn-t-work/td-p/3478816
Relevancy 39.56%

One of the updates from today (KB3176495 or KB3176931) caused my DisplayPort monitors to be completely undetectable to Windows 10. I'm using an Nvidia 980 ti and the HDMI port appears to be working fine. The graphics drivers are up to date and have been. My first instinct was to do a hardware check and everything is in order and powered appropriately. I also already changed the Nvidia power option to max performance. I'm at a loss. Do I just have to wait for another release?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/59741-displayport-broken-last-24-hours-nvidia-908-ti.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a Tecra R850-1D8 to connect it to a Samsung LS27A850DS monitor (2560x1440 px). Both the laptop and the monitor have a DisplayPort, and if I am not mistaken, the Tecra R850 uses the QM67 Express chipset which should support resolutions up to 2560x1600.

HOwever, the Tecra R850 specifications specify a maximum resolution of 2048 x 1536 for the external monitor, which puzzles me. Can anyone tell me if the R850 supports an external 2560x1440 display via DisplayPort?

Thanks already!

A:DisplayPort at 2560x1440? (Tecra R850)

Hello

You can download user?s manuals and open page 111 to find info about DisplayPort but unfortunately there is no table with supported resolutions.

It is listed for HDMI only.
Try to talk with your local leader. Maybe they have one in show room and you can test it.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?65961-DisplayPort-at-2560x1440-(Tecra-R850)
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to have a dual monitors on the HP ProDesk 400 G2.5 using both the VGA and DisplayPort at the same time. Will this allow me to extend the display to both monitors? If not, what will I need to purchase to gain this capability? Thanks,John

A:Using VGA in conjunction with DisplayPort for dual monitors ...

The VGA port and Display Port perform the same function just in different ways.  VGA is analog and Display Port is digital.  Unfortunately, it's not going to work the way you think.  You will be looking at the same information on two different monitors without the ability to drag and drop from one to the other.  In order to have a true dual monitor experience, you would need to purchase an inexpensive video card like the VisionTek Radeon PCI card which is specifically designed for this functionality.  This is due to the fact that the dual monitor ability has to be configured via the software that comes with the stand alone card. I hope this helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Using-VGA-in-conjunction-with-DisplayPort-for-dual-monitors/td-p/5472745
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello to all P I have Y50-70 (860m nvidia) laptop. I buyed new monitor Dell U3415W . I know that my laptop have only hdmi connector ...  I have connected my screen with hdmi cable and its works but i have 2 questions : 1) If i will connect my Y50-70 with HDMI to DisplayPort Converter i will get better performance ? or somthing better than regullar hdmi ? some examples of the Converter https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-DisplayPort-Supporting-Technology/dp/B00EDT0072https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-DP2HD4KS-DisplayPort-Audio-Converter/dp/B00LVA2LSW 2) In my nvidia settings i see that my hdmi port is not serving my nvidia 860m ... do i need to change some settings ?  Thanks !!!!! 

Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-with-Dell-U3415W-hdmi-vs-displayport/td-p/3417737
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello For a school we have rolled out new ThinkCenter M900 (10FH) clients.In the classrooms we also have beamers (NEC) installed. They are connected to the M900 via VGA. The display (Lenovo T2224p) is connected via DisplayPort. Now the Beamer is the Main Monitor. But in fact the Screen via DP should be the Mail monitor.When we press Windows+P, it shows the Beamer as Monitor and the Display as Beamer. How can this be changed?We have Windows 7 x64 installed. Thanks for any help Regards,Tobias

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/ThinkCenter-M900-10FH-VGA-amp-Displayport/td-p/3423351
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a lenovo x t computer with Windows I Solved: Chaining Daisy Displayport contacted dell asking them if their u h monitor support Solved: Displayport Daisy Chaining displayport daisy chaining and told me if would I bought of these monitors I have connected my laptop which has displayport to the first monitor which has mini dp in Then connected dp out on the first monitor to mini dp in on the second monitor Lastly I connected dp out on the second monitor to mini dp in on the rd monitor The problem is I cannot get the external monitors to show different things The computer treats them as one and duplicates their displays I have tried with another laptop and a mac and get the same results I tried contacting dell and got a lot of transfers and then to a guy that knew nothing at all On top of that he wanted to charge me when I just got these monitors and I should receive free help to get their products working the way they are supposed to Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,
I have a Dell 3620 Desktop that have displayports; when i want to connect my 2 monitors each one on a displayport, just one monitor is detected, the other one is always black. I tried to change the port, but always the same problem, one monitor is detected.
Is there a way to fix this problem. Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19990623
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi All, I have a Thinkpad S540 laptop with a OneLink Pro Dock. I want to use the display port to plug a new screen, but it does not work. The docking station seems that cannot detect the new screen. I have tried pluging and unpluging the existing monitor.... but with same result. The monitor is working, so it is something wrong with the docking station or the Displayport.I have updated the Intel Graphics in my laptop, the docking station firmware and drivers and still not working.  Can anybody give me a hand? Perhaps am I missing something?  Many thanks, Juan

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/S540-laptop-with-OneLink-Pro-Dock-Displayport-does-not-work/td-p/3363847
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all,

I am going to buy a displayport-hdmi adapter.
I know that displayport can handle audio signals, but it depends on the specific manufacter/chipset/driver...

So,
can the displayport of my Tecra R840-111 support audio signal?

Thank you!

Marco.

A:Tecra R840-111 - Is displayport audio-capable?

Hi,
yes your HDMI port can handle signals Audio.

Connect with you HDMI port, then the audio settings in the computer need to be adjusted. Click "Start" then "Control Panel" and "Hardware and Sound." Click "Manage Audio Devices," then click on the HDMI audio device in the list. Click the "Set as Default" button at the bottom of the window then click "OK." Windows will now transmit audio over the HDMI cable.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67153-Tecra-R840-111-Is-displayport-audio-capable
Relevancy 39.13%

Can the xps 9550 run the laptop screen and 2 external monitors (one to hdmi, another to thunderbolt/displayport)  simultaneously with no problems?
Can someone test this ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19711161
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello. We have connected a HP 8200 Elite to our Samsung TV with a displayport to hdmi converter 1 year ago, and it worked well. A week ago we bought a new TV table and after reconnecting the HP 8200 to our Samsung TV we get no signal to the TV.Yesterday I tested to connect a HP monitor with displayport to the HP 8200 with a displayport cable, and it did work.Today I was and switched the displayport to hdmi converter at the Kjell & CO reseller, BUT WE STILL GET NO SIGNAL TO THE SAMSUNG TV. I have connected a monitor with the RGB contact / cable, and have tested to change the display settings to make it work, BUT WITH NO SUCCESS. Could a straight displayport to hdmi cable solve the problem? Regards Roger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/No-signal-when-connecting-displayport-to-hdmi-converter-to/td-p/5713020