Windows Support Forum

Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240

Q: Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240

I'm a Insider member since Oct get all the builds till the official launch of Windows last July A few days before the official launch my Windows TP build had a boot problem and gave me a UEFI boot error since the Insider Program was locked and I can't get any Insider Preview build to work I had format my PC and install my Don't stuck 10240 Insider get Builds, build on Windows Pro and follow the upgrade path to Windows Reserve a copy wait for the update and install the Windows Pro and activate with my valid Windows Key no hassles there After success upgrade I went Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 to Security and Updates gt Windows Update gt Advanced Options and hit the Get Insider builds gt Get Started button restart my PC and check if Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 Fast Ring was selected and it was Last month it came out Build and later on Build and I didn't receive any of those I tried to force the download by hitting constantly the Check update button on Windows Update but the only thing my Windows Update download is Windows Defender definitions So I tried the following in Advanced Option I hit the Stop receive preview builds restart PC and go there again I hit the button Get Preview Builds restart again and wait a few days no luck Since I don't had any luck there I post some questions in Microsoft Answers and report the problem a few days later receive some answers but none of the those answers worked out and one of them seems to me a bit stupid so the suggestions was - Uninstall any anti-virus don't have any so it really doesn't apply to me - Safe Boot with Network did that produce no effect what so ever - Selective Startup with all services stopped except Microsoft services same as above produced no effect still didn't get any update via Windows Update - Create a new Administrator account and run the Windows Update from the new account although might work I found this solution a bit awkward I mean I have to create a new account with Administrator privileges and then subscribe to Insider Preview Program with that account and then make all the process I did it no effects also bit I thought that was the dumbest solution ever - Drivers update - All my drivers are up to date some from the manufactures others from Microsoft no hardware problems so can't anything about that - Reset IP Address - Did that nothing happened - Windows Update as Trusted Sites - Did that nothing happened - Change DNS to and - Did that nothing happened So in total despair I contact Microsoft Answer Desk by Phone and after a few minutes trying to explain what is my problem I'm a portuguese from Portugal and ours Answer Desk is provided by Brazilians which don't quietly understand us - Brazilian Portuguese is quite different from European Portuguese the woman gave me this solution Re-install my Windows Pro and from there wait that Windows Update give me the Insider Preview update and if Windows Update tries to install regular Windows upgrade she said to stop the upgrade and differ that update and wait for the Insider Update I didn't make this yet because I'm hard to believe that will work I mean in Windows I will get the Windows Insider Preview as an update Last I checked I had to install Windows TP with an ISO and boot from that ISO to get started and the new Insider Preview program state that I only have to set Windows Update to Get the Preview Builds which I did from a Windows activated install which I have By the way my Windows is set to USA as location and has the display language set to US English I had also set a Portuguese keyboard setup set my region to Portugal and Proofing tools are setup to US English and Portuguese Portugal I'm stating this since if my display language is not supported by Insider Preview I don't receive any builds Portuguese currently not supported So please help me understand why I'm not getting the Insider builds and I'm still stuck in build Here is a screenshot of my Settings and my Insider Hub Here is a screenshot showing that my Windows Update service is running in this screenshot I had change the Ring to Slow and wait a day and change it again to Fast that was a suggestion from someone in Microsoft Answers no effect whatsoever HELP PLEASE

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240

Welcome to Ten Forums Ed
When I changed from slow to fast it took 4 days to update for me. Have you waited the four days?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/22803-dont-get-insider-builds-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Hello I have been a Windows Insider since the beginning My main quot test quot machine for the builds is on my 10240 Camp Boot from Build (Parallels) Win10 Insider Moving to Mac but in Parallels Desktop I'm considering moving to Boot Camp instead and just Moving from Win10 Insider Build 10240 (Parallels) to Boot Camp use Parallels to boot from the Boot Camp partition if I need OSX and Windows side by side for specific tasks My question is this Will I still be considered an Insider or rather still activated if I install a fresh new insider build on Boot Camp and just sign in to my MS account I'm planning to use the ESD file that updated my build to Once that is done I'll just delete my current VM Just to be clear I am not trying to migrate the Win VM itself to a Boot Camp partition Since that in itself is quite a hassle to do and considering a boatload of hurdles to overcome Oh and please tell me if I posted this question on the correct category thread and move it accordingly if needed Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/14937-moving-win10-insider-build-10240-parallels-boot-camp.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!

A:Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME! i dont know whats wrong with your system , but i can show you a way to get Anniversary update . Download Media creation tool, make a bootable disc and when you boot from disc it will give to 2 options > upgrade your computer & >fresh install. choose whichever you prefer .
OR you can use the update utility form the microsoft website to force update your system to AU
Media creation tool will get you the latest AU update build i.e. 14393.10 :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434685-why-am-i-stuck-windows-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I have a Packard Bell OneTwo S It 10240 10 build Can't Anniversary on install update, stuck Windows came factory installed with W I upgraded to W last year after difficulty - upgrading to W via Windows update would Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 not work kept installing to a certain percentage then would reboot to a blank screen and freeze indefinitely I needed Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 to power off Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 then on restart it would roll back to W This happened repeatedly despite trying all sorts - clean boots uninstalling antivirus and updating drivers etc I finally installed W using Media creation tool Everything ran fine But when the big update came in Novmember that failed to in the same way as above however all other monthly windows updates install fine Windows update never tried to push the Nov update on me again - I'm still on build now I was prompted to install the anniversary update by Windows update last week but that also failed in the same way as above Download ok and begins installing fine then at some point after complete I get the blank screen indefinitely and have to power off then it reverts back to W build Having checked Packard Bell website my model is not supported by Packard Bell for W and they are not providing any drivers for it This may explain the problems Can anyone suggest how to find out what the problem is and if there is a solution I've tried looking in Update history for error codes but there is none it doesn't even show an attempt to install the anniversary update Like i said every other monthly update since last year installs fine its just the big builds that won't Thanks

A:Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240

Hi, simplest answer is avoid windows update and create the appropriate bootable medium or iso and use it as you did before.
As you know plenty of people have this sort of problem.

Note that the upgrade can introduce new issues for some (search the net), and some are delaying because of that. Older machines like yours could well exhibit such problems. So before you make this change, I recommend you create a disk image of your existing setup - a procedure you should do routinely anyway- to give another way of restoring your system.
E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images.

It's best to have a physical bootable medium as it covers all of:
a. if you need to repeat the installation
b. as a bootable medium for recovery options
c. in case you need to do an in-place upgrade repair install

without taking up disk space.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61022-cant-install-windows-10-anniversary-update-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all, I have a dell xps 13 2015 touch screen. It started an insider build update on Windows 10 a week or two back and is still stuck on 80%, howner can i fix this? Please send help.

A:Windows 10 insider build update stuck on 80%

The Insider Previews aren't stable releases they are test builds... you shouldn't use them on a primary machine. If you need to recover files follow this guide:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/data-recovery-using-fedora/ 
You can download Windows 10 and clean install:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 
If you want to remain on the Insider Preview. Use the Insider Preview .iso:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19995927
Relevancy 82.99%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey, I cannot update to the latest build of Windows 10. I'm still stuck at build 10240.

Can anyone help me to update without having to reinstall programs, apps etc.?

A:Stuck on build 10240, can't update to 1151 November update.

HAM0511
You do not mention what error you get trying to update. Can you provide your Computer model and  message you get when you try updating to the latest Windows 10 version?
Below is a link that may help you get it installed.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1511
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679023
Relevancy 80.84%

Am not on Insider builds. Getting Error on Updates Your Insider Build Needs Attn........
Not logged in to a MS account.
Running anniversary ed upgrade from last release clean install, valid retail key win7
Running Norton Utilities 16, Spybot Anti-Beacon and O&O Shutup10, registry hacked to turn off Cortana
Everything Win10 that can be uninstalled is or is turned off in settings.

All I have seen is to fix if on Insider Build Program, any suggestions ?

A:Not on Insider Build but error message: Your Insider Build Needs Attn

Hello Pkshadow Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The prompting you are seeing is most likely to get you to notice and install updates that have been accumulating. Otherwise that is a strange one. You might have to sign into an MS account if you already had one setup in order to see that account's information updated on the change from Insider to Anniversary. That would then see everything synced properly.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/59865-not-insider-build-but-error-message-your-insider-build-needs-attn.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I am on Windows 10 RTM Build.

I am simply not getting any Insider Builds.
Yes i am an insider on Fast ringI am using US EnglishI upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate NI never Changed Any telemetry settingsI tries using media creation tool, to reinstall windows 10.New installation is still not getting new buildsI tried changing from fast to slow and vice versa.And waiting for couple of weeks.It is still not gettingI never tweak the registry, so it is not an issue.

I am now simply at my wit's end

Setting Screenshots

A:Not Getting Insider Builds.

bump any help will be Appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/24954-not-getting-insider-builds.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Ive been on the slow ring for insider builds since build xx cant remember I got to the RTM build of I haven't opted out of the insider program and I get the STOP INSIDER BUILDS and SLOW FAST ring options on the update page I also have a registered copy of windows pro If I do the winver command from search I am shown that I have windows build and Am Insider on Builds I there is no expiration date My question is this am I still on the insider builds or not since Ive been on the slow ring and I still am I haven't gotten a new build number except that every now and then I have updates to download I also notice in the UPDATE HISTORY that every so often it will tell me that no updates have been installed since the last build cant remember the exact words So am I still an insider Why am I not getting slow ring Am I on Insider Builds builds It seems does not expire to me it seems like Ive opted out of the insider program and am stuck on but the fact that STOP INSIDER BUILDS and FAST SLOW rings appear in settings tell me that I still an insider Help me figure this out please

A:Am I on Insider Builds

Hi!

Please read this tutorial: Insider Builds - Start or Stop Receiving in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/26158-am-i-insider-builds.html
Relevancy 77.83%

The settings need attention? I have no idea how to fix this??

A:I keep Getting a Notification to Get Insider Builds

Originally Posted by Gary

The settings need attention? I have no idea how to fix this??

If you go to Settings/Update and security/Windows Update/Advanced Options, is there a 'Fix me' box under Get Insider Builds?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/7533-i-keep-getting-notification-get-insider-builds.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I Want out of the insider builds too many issues for me atm.

When i try to exit the builds i get this...

I click what seems to be 'go back to an earlier build' and It closes the window...

When i attempt to re-install Windows 10

It doesnt give me the option to keep files which is important

Anysupport?

A:Exiting Insider Builds

Hello TehMerkMods, and welcome to Ten Forums.

You can use step 5 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below to completely stop getting Insider builds.

Insider Builds - Start or Stop Receiving in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/61259-exiting-insider-builds.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi! I just wanted to know, if i get insider builds, Will it reset my pc?

A:Will insider builds reset my pc?

What do you mean by "reset my pc " ?

IF you have issues with your current operating system and you are hoping installing Insider Preview will rectify them, then my answer will be ....................... probably not.

If I misunderstand you, my apology. Please correct me.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/47325-will-insider-builds-reset-my-pc.html
Relevancy 77.83%

In a surprise move to me at least Microsoft has issued a Cumulative Update to holdouts who turned 10240.17113 Windows 1, Update non-Insider) Official/Production: Cumulative 10 (Threshold down the November Update or those who were unable to Update due to technical issues This Update offers Windows 10 Official/Production: Cumulative Update 10240.17113 (Threshold 1, non-Insider) a whole package of fixes and improvements Microsoft pushes out batch of cumulative updates for Windows Windows Central Issues Bugs Solutions For all things Build of Windows Discuss it here Basic tip If you're having any issues with your device try a reset Settings gt Update amp security gt Recovery gt Reset this PC gt This provides you with two options keep my files and remove everything Keep my files Does just as its name describes If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows without having Windows 10 Official/Production: Cumulative Update 10240.17113 (Threshold 1, non-Insider) to back up any of the pictures videos music and documents that you have stored on it You absolutely should back up these things just in case but you shouldn t need to use that back up Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device As such it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option You could also delete any files that you aren t using on your device and try the option again This option will take longer than the other options Remove Everything Deletes every file every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows to work with You ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again Here's a Changelog Improved reliability of Internet Explorer NET Framework and Windows Kernel Addressed issue causing print jobs to not complete when printing multiple documents in succession Addressed issue where recovery of encryption certificates for a virtual smartcard doesn't work Addressed issue preventing many built-in groups such as Hyper-V administrators from being created during setup of new devices using Windows Enterprise Improved support for the Group Policy setting for signing in using a PIN Addressed issue causing links to webpages to display blank pages when Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled in Internet Explorer Addressed issue causing quot Print all linked documents quot to not work in Internet Explorer Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name APN database Removed the Copy Protection option when ripping CDs in Windows Media Audio WMA format from Windows Media Player Addressed additional issues with Internet Explorer Windows Installer Shell Windows Media Player revised daylight saving time and Windows Update for Business Security updates to Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer Windows kernel OLE automation Windows lock screen Windows Secure Kernel Mode Windows SMB Server v Microsoft Graphics Component and PDF

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/439312-windows-10-official-production-cumulative-update-10240-17113-threshold-1-non-insider.html
Relevancy 76.97%

hello everyone i tried the insider build 14295 for some days and i left the program ad reinstall windows by roll back to preview build the one problem i have now is windows update still show Windows 10 Insider Preview 14295 in the update list i mark my wifi as metered connection to stop download the build automatically i tried the tool to hide updates but it wont show in update list am still stock on Windows 10 Insider Preview 14295 and cannot delete or hide it from the list any ideas plz?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/48325-cannot-hide-insider-builds-updates.html
Relevancy 76.97%

So I am guessing that most insiders are on Windows 10 Pro and have received Build 10565 by now.

There are 4 editions that I am aware of. Home, Pro, Enterprise, Education

Do Home and Education receive the 10565 update as well ?

I know Enterprise is kind of treated differently because of corporate volume licensing. And while Education also may involve volume licensing students are treated more as home users so Microsoft takes a much different approach with that version.

Relevancy 76.97%

Greetings All,

I am on 14393.351 build. I would like to opt back into the Preview builds to test the latest build.

My question is, if i upgrade to latest build, can i opt out of getting any future Preview builds without having to go back to Anniversary build (14393.0) or could i stay on the latest build??

I read Brink's tutorial but my brain just ain't computing today - i thought it said i could stay on the latest Preview build & opt out? I know that wasn't the case earlier but i'm not sure what the buzz is now.

Thanks for any & all replies!

A:Opting In & Out of Insider's Preview Builds

Preview builds will expire. You can opt out at any time and stay on the current insider build that you have installed, but it will expire on the predetermined date and stop booting.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/68835-opting-out-insiders-preview-builds.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have been running Windows 10 Technical Previews on my Acer C720 for the past few weeks. Yesterday I updated to full Windows 10 (don't think it changed anything, was running 10240 before and 10240 afterwards) and I wanted to stop Insider Builds due to the laptop being stable to use and since I use it for college I want it to remain stable. However upon pressing 'Stop Insider Builds' in Windows Update it said to restart now so I did. On restart and looking in Windows Update it still said that I need to restart. No matter how many times I shutdown it down or restart it still says Restart Now. Is there anyway to fix this?

A:Can't stop Windows Insider Builds?

I'v been getting build since day 1 now I want to stop completely but window has five days only stop 10240 was great & faster for this older PC.Can I go back & how?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/10679-cant-stop-windows-insider-builds.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Greetings All,

I am on 14393.351 build. I would like to opt back into the Preview builds to test the latest build.

My question is, if i upgrade to latest build, can i opt out of getting any future Preview builds without having to go back to Anniversary build (14393.0) or could i stay on the latest build??

I read Brink's tutorial but my brain just ain't computing today - i thought it said i could stay on the latest Preview build & opt out? I know that wasn't the case earlier but i'm not sure what the buzz is now.

Thanks for any & all replies!

A:Opting In & Out of Insider's Preview Builds

Preview builds will expire. You can opt out at any time and stay on the current insider build that you have installed, but it will expire on the predetermined date and stop booting.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/68835-opting-out-insiders-preview-builds.html
Relevancy 76.11%

My win pro build hasn't received the November update build while my other win home versions have I know I'm not the only one having this problem but here's my two cents On my xw I upgraded from win pro to win pro as soon as was available some months ago I still receive other windows updates I downloaded 1511 the 10240 November pro build build received 10 win update hasn't the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu Both sfc and dism have no issues I would burn it do a disk but I've read other users say its just reinstalled build instead I was using another random win pro computer at work today and noticed it hasn't received the November update yet either Anyone else with win pro that did get the update Maybe this issue has more to it like when I upgraded to pro I had an issue with onedrive I don't really use it so I only disabled it from win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 startup in the task manager but it as a service disappeared except for registry entries and program files and win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 I haven't found a way to reinstall it yet I know I could do a clean install of windows but that's not my style I move from pc to pc over the years using disk images win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 This onedrive issue is the only problem I've come across that I haven't figured out without a clean install I mean I wiped onedrive from my system completely registry keys and all but attempts to reinstall fall short error corrupted file During the attempted installation it places all its registry items and files including the file it says is corrupt Copy those files that are working on another computer no dice sfc and dism no issues I'm getting off track I was hoping the November update would fix it but now that's an issue too Maybe Microsoft delayed the November update on win pro Thanks in advance

A:win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

RE : I downloaded the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu.

Did you burn the iso to a bootable media, then insert the media to the computer ?
If that was what you did, then you would NOT see the Mount option.
Instead, you would see the Setup option. Use that to start the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36509-win-10-pro-build-10240-hasnt-received-november-update-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Error message on my Windows Update page:

"Theres a problem getting preview builds
your preview build settings nned attention. go to advanced options to fix this issue"

I go into advanced settings, and see that my MS Account is linked correctly.

"Your security settings need attention to get preview builds."
"fix this issue" button, click this, and it says in order to make this change it needs to restart the PC. I do this, but it doesn't fix the problem

The problem of not being able to get Insider Preview builds persists after a "reset windows 10 and remove everything" reset.

A:Win10 refuses to get Insider Preview Builds

If you don't mind reinstalling all the 3rd party programs you have installed, then do a CLEAN install.
Backup your personal files to an external hard drive or an USB flash drive.
Download the current Win 10 ISO from Tech Bench link below > burn it to a bootable DVD or USB > then do a clean install.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench
If you are asked for a product key, just click the SKIP option and continue.
Activation will be automatic.

Once you have a clean copy of Windows 10 running, then enable the Get Insider Preview Builds option.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/37455-win10-refuses-get-insider-preview-builds.html
Relevancy 76.11%

This post is basically A Warning How to Not Be Gullible.On Windows 10 if you navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced Options, you will see Get Insider Builds, with the tempting invitation Be one of the first to see future updates and improvements to Windows and provide feedback. Take Heed!. If you are not sure will happen if you decide to back out afterward, read the following to find out.How to Become a Windows Insider and Test New Windows 10 FeaturesJust remember its your machine and you are free to do as you please.i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 User

A:Got a New Windows 10 Computer? Avoid getting Insider Builds

"Just remember its your machine and you are free to do as you please"Well up to point that's true, not forgetting that on Windows 10 you cannot disable Automatic Updates like you can on Windows 7. That alone is a big deal breaker for me.Even though it's a free upgrade, I only have a 1.5 Mb/sec internet connection. No way am I using that for some of those whopping Windows updates.Windows 10? - - no thanks.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/got-a-new-windows-10-computer-avoid-getting-insider-builds/196.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I can't really find the best way to do this and be sure i'll retain a license - it's not very well documented it seems My machine just did to upgrades in a row to and now I can't use it the Insider to Reinstalling / builds? off 'vanilla' Getting Win10? to do my development work It sounds stupid but the last two builds disabled the way the context menus and file edit etc menus work in the Unreal Engine editor where i do my development I'm now stuck unable to regress to the working build and have decided it's probably best to install a fresh build that's not on the insider builds programme What's the simplest way to do this I understand i'll probably lose all of my app installs which i'll just have to suck up Do I use the 'clean installation' tool Getting off the Insider builds? / Reinstalling to 'vanilla' Win10? Will it save my license for me Will it Getting off the Insider builds? / Reinstalling to 'vanilla' Win10? just reinstall the insider build Please help I've lost hours of time already on this - i'm really cheesed off with the pushy upgrade Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/64585-getting-off-insider-builds-reinstalling-vanilla-win10.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Quote This post was updated at pm on June th Hi everyone we re hard at work on the next builds that we ll send out to you for PC and Mobile I don t Insider to 10 Upcoming builds changes Preview Windows have an update on timing for that quite yet but I do have some important changes to tell you about that are coming with the next PC Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds build as we get ready for July th Microsoft Account notifications If you don t have your Microsoft Account MSA connected to your PC starting in the next build you ll Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds start seeing notifications asking you to do so You ll need to connect the MSA that you registered for the Windows Insider Program with and accepted the Microsoft Windows Insider Program Agreement in order to continue receiving new Windows Insider Preview builds both Fast and Slow rings from Windows Update If you already have your MSA connected to your account on your PC then you re all set We re introducing new infrastructure in Windows Update to help us deliver new builds more effectively to Windows Insiders and ensure that we re flighting builds to people who have registered and opted in to the program Connecting your MSA also allows seamless access to Windows Insider-only functionality in the Windows Feedback app and Insider Hub too This change is for the Windows Insider Program ONLY and is specific to how we re delivering the Insider Preview builds Once available on July th you do not need an MSA to upgrade Windows on your Windows or Windows PCs if they are not receiving Insider Preview builds You will not be required to use an MSA on new PCs that come with Windows preinstalled or clean installed from media Some features in Windows do require an MSA to use such as downloading apps in the Windows Store Upcoming changes to Windows Insider Preview builds

A:Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

With a nod and a wink, Microsoft gives away Windows 10 to anyone who asks

Quote:

In the always confusing world of Microsoft licensing, there are two sets of rules.

One is written down in license agreements, drafted by Microsoft's large legal team, with separate terms for PC makers and end users. These combined terms are extremely specific about the rights and responsibilities of every party to the license agreement. They are aimed primarily at Microsoft's commercial customers and its PC-building partners, who account for more than 98 percent of all revenue from Windows desktop licenses.

The other set of rules is unwritten, for the most part. But its terms are fairly easy to deduce. They are intended for hobbyists, enthusiasts, and IT pros who like to tinker with Windows and PC hardware. Microsoft's TechNet program was a long-running gift to this group, offering thousands of dollars' worth of Microsoft software for a few hundred bucks.

The Windows Insider program is being run in that same spirit.

With a nod and a wink, Microsoft gives away Windows 10 to anyone who asks | ZDNet

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/upcoming-changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds-1009226.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello!

http://i.imgur.com/xtFa9Tk.png

Why this button is greyed out?

A:Get Insider Builds - *Get Started* button not active

Welcome to Windows Ten Forums, gorets.

I know this is a delayed answer, for I just saw this.

You must uncheck the box "Defer upgrades" and the "Get started" button will light up.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/27410-get-insider-builds-get-started-button-not-active.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,My Sony VAIO(SVF15213SNB) currently on Win10 Home Single language version 1607 build 14388.I Just want to discontinue getting insider builds after anniversary update that comes this August 2nd .Is there a possibility to do this without losing anything from my pc ,something by doing an inplace upgrade of the rs_1 after getting that buid.If it's possible,what is the final build and version number??

I just want to get regular official builds instead of insider builds,Since too many builds and updates is using too much data which my data plan is incapable of.What should I do to get back to regular official builds after rs_1 without a risk of losing my documents,music and video .Is it okay to just stop insider builds after getting rs_1 without any further problems ?Please help me.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/56300-can-i-stop-insider-builds-after-getting-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Quote:

Last week, after Microsoft released Windows 10 to the world on 29 July, I took a closer look at what Insiders would need to do so they can receive early access to updates for Windows 10 post release.

Although the process did work to enroll/dis-enroll using the Settings>Update & security>Advanced Options>Get Insider build options full enrollment was not possible because Microsoft had not flipped the right switch to turn enrollment back on from their end.

It appears that Microsoft did just that yesterday and now the process I detailed last week will work to opt your system in so that it receives updates and new builds before they are released to the general public on Windows 10.

You can now opt back into receiving Windows 10 Insider builds | Windows 10 content from SuperSite for Windows

A:You can now opt back into receiving Windows 10 Insider builds

New Windows 10 preview builds on the way -- time to opt back into Insider updates!

Quote:

It's now a week since the launch of Windows 10, and if you've missed looking out for the release of new preview builds there's some good news for you. Microsoft disabled preview builds in the immediate run-up to the release of Windows 10, but now you can opt back in.

What does this mean? Now that Windows Insiders have the option of accessing updates from the Fast and Slow rings once again, it's safe to assume that new preview builds are on the way. With the widely-held belief that Windows 10 Service Release 1 is imminent, this is perhaps not entirely surprising -- we may even get a glimpse of Windows 10s first major update.

New Windows 10 preview builds on the way -- time to opt back into Insider updates!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/you-can-now-opt-back-into-receiving-windows-10-insider-builds-1027722.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi. I am currently running windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS build 10586.164. Several days ago I decided to turn on insider builds fast lane. On the update screen, advanced options it does show "you are all set to receive preview builds". So far I haven't received any preview builds. I did receive several windows 10 updates on March 23 however. Is there something I am missing or can it take over a week for the process to start?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/45186-not-receiving-insider-builds-my-windows-10-pro-laptop.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Installation insists on creating a small recovery partition, which I neither need nor want, with each new build starting with 10547. Since I have several Windows 10 install disks, a recovery partition offers me nothing I don't already have readily available. It's a fairly simple matter to delete the extra partition and merge space space back into C, but I shouldn't have to do that. Is there any way to keep those partitions from getting created?

A:Insider Preview builds creating recovery partition

surprised no one answered yet, not even sure i have the correct one ,but i am going to say, No! and i will add i dont get them ,,are you doing a fresh install each time , or an upgrade each time

edit ,correction - I do get 1,but not every time I upgrade, and its in case you have to go back to previous build ,or need to do a recovery ,,if you upgrade via the windows updates as I do

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/28253-insider-preview-builds-creating-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I just finished upgrading my desktop to build 10586, and found that preview builds are disabled by default.

When i go to Preview Build settings and click the "Get Started" button, an error window pops up with the following error code:

0x80072EF1.

Anyone else with this problem?
And if yes, could this be a server side error?

A:Cannot reenable Insider Preview Builds after upgrading to 10586.

Maybe I am missing something here.

You said you had finished "upgrading my desktop to build 10586".
If that is so, you won't get the option "Get started", because you are already in the Insider Preview build program.
You will get this instead......................
Have I misunderstood what you said ?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/28912-cannot-reenable-insider-preview-builds-after-upgrading-10586-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Got this message under Get Insider Builds under Settings gt Update and Security gt Windows update gt Advanced options Tried quot Fix Me quot button Restart changed need security get Preview attention to settings Insider builds Your nothing Finally found an answer to this that worked thought I'd share Your security settings need attention to get Insider Preview builds it here The only thing that worked and I tried solution after solution was to make another user and change the type to administrator Then click Take Control where Fix Me was before br Now getting Insider Previews again from the new user account br Control of Insider Preview now due to new user's account blockquote div div div div class cleardiv div div a style text-decoration none color grey href javascript onmousedown if document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'block' else document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' nbsp nbsp My System Specs a You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this Computer Type PC Desktop System Manufacturer Model Number HP AiO -q c OS windows CPU Intel Core i T Ghz Memory G Keyboard hp usb Mouse hp usb Browser Google Chrome Antivirus AVG

A:Your security settings need attention to get Insider Preview builds

My bad; solution only lasted until I switched back to my original account, then switched back to the new user account.
Still stuck with original problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/30430-your-security-settings-need-attention-get-insider-preview-builds.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I want to use and test insider builds for Windows 10 in the fast ring. Do I receive these outside the US? I'm living in the Netherlands. Some people say that I have to use an English version of the OS to be able to receive fast ring insider builds.

A:Can I receive insider builds (fast ring) Windows 10 outside US?

Originally Posted by gwbonline I want to use and test insider builds for Windows 10 in the fast ring. Do I receive these outside the US? I'm living in the Netherlands. Some people say that I have to use an English version of the OS to be able to receive fast ring insider builds. you can receive insider build in any language and region, no restrictions at all

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435656-can-i-receive-insider-builds-fast-ring-windows-10-outside-us.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Greetings for a new year to everyone.I am trying to tun on get Insider builds which I turned off some days ago and I am greeted with error 800736b7 which oddly has no mention on the internet.
Have tried troubleshooter, SFC also came out without any errors.Telemetry is also set to full.
Suggestions anyone?

A:800736b7 error activating insider preview builds

Check your time is correct and check your MS account is validated.

After that I normally give up and restore to an earlier backup. It happens fairly often to me and I've not found a better solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/35834-800736b7-error-activating-insider-preview-builds.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Greetings for a new year to everyone.I am trying to tun on get Insider builds which I turned off some days ago and I am greeted with error 800736b7 which oddly has no mention on the internet.
Have tried troubleshooter, SFC also came out without any errors.Telemetry is also set to full.
Suggestions anyone?

A:800736b7 error activating insider preview builds

Check your time is correct and check your MS account is validated.

After that I normally give up and restore to an earlier backup. It happens fairly often to me and I've not found a better solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35834-800736b7-error-activating-insider-preview-builds.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I am trying to install Windows Build from Windows Build I Install Windows 10586 10 Build Build 10240 From have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows I have it downloaded but it will not install The computer check Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 said my computer is good to go Asus AllInOne Model ET I've tried several times and each time it reaches the computer restarts and then it goes into quot reinstalling your previous version quot and I'm back to Build I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution One website said to delete quot Windows old folder as that may be a problem using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 computer under quot Clean Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 up system files Previous Windows installations There is a quot Windows old quot folder on my C drive but it is full of empty folders I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it There is also a new folder called Windows Upgrade with files in it Hope someone can help thank you

A:Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).
uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433934-install-windows-10-build-10586-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm on Windows 10 Pro(build 10240). What I want to know is do I have to be on the newest win 10 build or just stick with what I have? Also on Microsoft's website with the list of updates for the "initial release" I don't have all the updates listed. Should I manually download them and apply to my PC? Thanks

A:Build 10240

Hi, you are now 2 major builds behind, as you have just the first release of Win 10. 10.0.10586 came out in Nov 2015 and 10.0.14393 in August this year, still being delivered to customers.

That suggest you have Windows update disabled, or are not connected to the internet, or Windows update is not working.

So you can either fix those problems, if any, or manually download the current iso and burn a DVD or USB disk manually, or directly create a bootable medium using MS's media creation tool, or just mount the iso and proceed from there.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/62729-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have been an Insider since the beginning and have received all the updates during the past few months.  I'm currently stuck in build 10166 and Windows Update informs me that my device is current.  Checking for updates yields nothing new except that Defender is updated daily, sometimes more than once.  On the next page I see a "Fix Me" button, but when I click on that up comes a dialog asking if I want to discontinue future builds.  Nothing else happens.

I ran the update troubleshooter, which reports: "Problems found: Service registration is missing or corrupt.  Not fixed".  I don't know if this is the cause of my problem, nor do I know how to repair the service registration.  I'd appreciate any help as I suspect this will impair my upgrade to the final Windows 10 build on Wednesday.  Thanks.

A:Can't Get Update To Build 10240

What is the latest build you have, which has a full iso?  Sounds like you need to reinstall it, but I don't know if that will work now.  My latest full iso is 10162, and when I installed it, then came 10166 as download, and on the day of the 10240 release, I got it in Updates.

Do you have any important files on it, or was this just a tester?  Obviously you'd need to backup first, else.

If all else fails, use one of your eligible licenses to download and get Win10.  It should self-activate when you do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584176/cant-get-update-to-build-10240/
Relevancy 70.09%

Build 10240 now available for Windows Insiders in Fast and Slow rings | Blogging Windows

A:Windows 10 build 10240 now available

The chaos that has surrounded the update to 10240 bodes ill for the 29th.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-build-10240-now-available-1018954.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,
So I have seen that Windows 10 build 10240 came out,should I install it or should i wait till July 29th

A:[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Build 10240

If you are an active user to test the builds then go ahead, nothing should happen any wrongful situation. But if not then better secure your reservation to receive the most stable version as possible of Windows 10 valid to be lifetime.

Just feel your guts which you prefer to be comfortable.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/discussion-windows-10-build-10240.48445/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello, I have been trying to use custom themes on my laptop for the past 2 months, but none of them work fully, and just end up changing the desktop wallpaper, cursor and some colours on the windows, etc.

example of the theme I'm currently trying (what it's supposed to look like):

What it looks like on my computer
(ignore the start button, it's from classic shell :x)

I've tried lots of tools like UxStyle, UltraUXThemePatcher, programs to replace explorerframe.dll, etc. but none of them work.

I've had this problem even back when I was still using windows 8.1

Win 8.1 theme (what it's supposed to look like):

What it looked like on my computer
This is my laptop, though I don't know if the laptop itself is related to the problem...

Would be grateful if anyone knows what's the problem. Been wasting too much time trying to get this working.....

A:Help using 3rd party themes (build 10240)

Hi

Are the first screens under windows 10 ? if so , I wonder how you managed to get a custom picture as explorer background

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/33995-help-using-3rd-party-themes-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Microsoft has reportedly finalized Windows 10 ahead of its July 29 release date. The company has selected build 10240 as the final release to manufacturing (RTM) copy according to sources familiar with the matter as reported by The Verge.

Read more

A:Windows 10 has been finalized, goes RTM on build 10240

Installing in my VM now 30% done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-has-been-finalized-goes-rtm-on-build-10240.216560/
Relevancy 69.23%

I installed the Tech Preview and registered as an Insider early on and largely rode the updates releases when published until build I sat on this build for a while disabled the Windows Update service and didn't do much with this preview install for a while Now I'm wanting to work with it more and would like to update upgrade to the latest build I enabled started the Windows Update service but it won't update If I go to Windows Update in Settings besides the title bar all I see is a blank page pane with activity dots indefinitely flying across the top Same deal if I open Settings and Can't / from 10240 update build upgrade search for 'Advanced' and click on Advanced Windows Update options Troubleshooting steps taken Reboot numerous timesLeave it sit for many hoursBoot into safe mode with networkingStop bits wuauserv and cryptsvc services rename C Windows SoftwareDistribution and C Windows System catroot and start the previously stopped servicesRan the Windows Update TroubleshooterRan sfc scannow no problems found Ran dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth no problems found Clean Can't update / upgrade from build 10240 BootedReset Windows The process appears to complete I see something like before the system reboots not sure if it actually gets to or if it fails before but after restarting I see a message like boot device inaccessible I've tried the reset process or so times it successfully reverts to the pre-reset environment after rebooting or times Earlier after update attempts I would open the WindowsUpdateClient Operational log and review logged errors but now when I try to access that log I see an error message quot MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it quot I can either report the error to Microsoft and shut down MMC or unload the snap-in and continue running MMC If I open Windows Store I see there are app updates detected but the download update attempts fail with quot Something went wrong The error code is x in case you need it quot Is there a way to download and clean-install the latest Insider build without wiping out my Windows Insider activation registration Any other ideas for getting Windows Updates working Thanks in advance

A:Can't update / upgrade from build 10240

The easiest way to get to the current build is to use the media creation tool use the upgrade this computer and keep all apps and files. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/33455-cant-update-upgrade-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%
Relevancy 68.8%

Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future

A:why my windows mobile 10 build has transformed to an insider preview build

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future Go to settings - Info and check build version.
Annyversary Update is nothing else than Redstone that became official and replacing old Threshold, read the news ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436478-why-my-windows-mobile-10-build-has-transformed-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 68.8%

The 1511 build installed yesterday and since then I have been having trouble booting up computer in AM. It gets stuck with an arrow on a black screen. I have to turn off PC and turn back on for it to boot up into windows. Even then, it takes forvever.

I want to revert back to the previous Windows 10 build 10240. (I think that was the build number). Do I just use recovery to 'go back to an earlier build' ? Is there anything else I need to do first?
I understand that after the recovery I have to run the tool that hides updates for Windows 10. Do I have that right?
If all else fails, I did a full system back up just a few days before the update to the new Build happened.

A:Need to revert from Build 1511 (10586.36) to 10240

It's not the November 11th Threshold 2 update or otherwise referred to the 10586.93 version 1511 build pushed by way of the Windows updates but a flimsy upgrade to the newer build as the actual problem! When seeing the 10565 and 10576 builds each upgraded to the 10586 not one problem was seen while the distance between the 10240 and 10586 being greater as well as the 10240 not being so good as an upgrade build to start with you are much better simply going for the 10586's clean install.

That can be done by first downloading the updated Media Creation tool if you have an 8gb usb flash drive available as a 4gb will be too small since the TH2 release is actually a roll up of both the Home and Pro editions as well as seeing both the 32bit and 64bit options! Since 10 is already on and had been activated the clean install will not only see the 10586.39 go on fresh for the actual best end results but upgrade the build you are running as well.

As for the existing recovery options found in the F8 menu's Advanced recovery options the Reset option will likely see the 10240 build restored as long as nothing on the drive has changed since the TH2 upgrade took place like running the DiskCleanup tool or removing the Windows.old if created.

You might have to boot live from 10 media to get there however if you are unable to get into the F8 boot options directly! And that would bring you right back to the need to download 10 directly either by the MC Tool or going to the Tech Bench site for the Home dual 32/64bit iso download from there. You might want to consider going that route to begin with and save yourself extra efforts at a later time! First read over the guide for that. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36850-need-revert-build-1511-10586-36-10240-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

The 1511 build installed yesterday and since then I have been having trouble booting up computer in AM. It gets stuck with an arrow on a black screen. I have to turn off PC and turn back on for it to boot up into windows. Even then, it takes forvever.

I want to revert back to the previous Windows 10 build 10240. (I think that was the build number). Do I just use recovery to 'go back to an earlier build' ? Is there anything else I need to do first?
I understand that after the recovery I have to run the tool that hides updates for Windows 10. Do I have that right?
If all else fails, I did a full system back up just a few days before the update to the new Build happened.

A:Need to revert from Build 1511 (10586.36) to 10240

It's not the November 11th Threshold 2 update or otherwise referred to the 10586.93 version 1511 build pushed by way of the Windows updates but a flimsy upgrade to the newer build as the actual problem! When seeing the 10565 and 10576 builds each upgraded to the 10586 not one problem was seen while the distance between the 10240 and 10586 being greater as well as the 10240 not being so good as an upgrade build to start with you are much better simply going for the 10586's clean install.

That can be done by first downloading the updated Media Creation tool if you have an 8gb usb flash drive available as a 4gb will be too small since the TH2 release is actually a roll up of both the Home and Pro editions as well as seeing both the 32bit and 64bit options! Since 10 is already on and had been activated the clean install will not only see the 10586.39 go on fresh for the actual best end results but upgrade the build you are running as well.

As for the existing recovery options found in the F8 menu's Advanced recovery options the Reset option will likely see the 10240 build restored as long as nothing on the drive has changed since the TH2 upgrade took place like running the DiskCleanup tool or removing the Windows.old if created.

You might have to boot live from 10 media to get there however if you are unable to get into the F8 boot options directly! And that would bring you right back to the need to download 10 directly either by the MC Tool or going to the Tech Bench site for the Home dual 32/64bit iso download from there. You might want to consider going that route to begin with and save yourself extra efforts at a later time! First read over the guide for that. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/36850-need-revert-build-1511-10586-36-10240-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I can't install Docker for Windows, as my Windows 10 Education version says it is still build 10240, and not the November update (build 10586).
The Windows Update utility says my system is up-to-date. I can't install an update manually either using the Windows media creation tool, as the software download page (click here won't display. I've checked on viruses, but no harmful items found. What to do next?

A:Can't move from Windows 10 build 10240 to 10586

I've just been trying to get MCT too but getting blank white MS pages. No idea what is happening.
Majorgeeks has a copy though.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/cant-move-windows-10-build-10240-10586-4596245/
Relevancy 67.94%

Guys,

Would you please give me a hand in this one. I use Windows 10 32-bit, build 10240, which came after I upgraded from Windows 7, having no problems at all, keeping my apps and files.

Now, I had option in WU to update to 1511 10586 recently, couple of weeks ago, it failed at 32% and 6% on Installing drivers. Then, I downloaded MCT and made and DVD with the installation and repeated everything. It failed again at same point. I read about problems with SD Card, I have none of it. Then I checked files setupact and setaperr, where I found that my Gamepad has error, I pulled USB Dongle out of computer. Another error was WLAN, but I do not have it, only cable modem router, connected directly to computer by cable.

I use PS2 mouse, there is no USB Peripherals connected and desperately want to upgrade do 10586 build. Everytime it failed at 32% point, and restored my previous version.

Could you help please.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34152-stuck-10240-upgrade-fails-32-did-everything-written-here.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to update my windows 10 x86 build 10240 to 14393 by windows 10 upgrade assistant and also by Insider build but fail.
I can download update by insider but updates could not install....how can I update my build to 14393? thanks

A:Why my pc win 10 x86 build 10240 not going to update by windows 10 upgrade assistant?

Two things to try:
- Download the windows 10 update diagnosis tool
- Refresh (settings) the build you have and try to update again
Welcome to the forums :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/437365-why-my-pc-win-10-x86-build-10240-not-going-update-windows-10-upgrade-assistant.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My Parents figured it was time to upgrade to ten so I made up a disc and upgraded both their computers to build successfully I had already had I got new parts so I upgraded via a disk my dad made when first came around build 10240 Cannot ? to build Upgrade 0x20017) (0xC1900101 X 10586 Win I want to play Forza but unfortunately it isn't supported on my build of Win and security is better on yada yada Cannot Upgrade Win X build 10240 to 10586 (0xC1900101 ? 0x20017) yada I insert the same disk upgrade begins it goes through the whole process on the purple screen and when it goes for the first reboot it boots back up into startup repair asking me to choose keyboard language I choose a shut down and when the computer boots back up it tells me quot Installation Failed in Safe OS Phase With an Error During BOOT Operation xC x quot I have tried many of the suggested fixes I have Tried installing with all USB ports vacant Removed my wireless adapter Installed using a clean boot Removed IIS and its associated user Completely uninstalled my antivirus There may be more but I dont remember Fresh Install is not an option so please dont suggest it theres got to be a way around this issue I have attached the error log of my latest attempt at upgrading I've also heard that downloading the ISO and then modifying some intel file could be a possible fix but Id rather try something that doesn't include modifying the OS that might bring up a quot not genuine quot error later as I have heard happens Thanks in advance for your help tenforums I hope this first post of mine can be successful for me and others

A:Cannot Upgrade Win X build 10240 to 10586 (0xC1900101 0x20017)

Download iso using this link, double click on it and run setup.exe.

Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56547-cannot-upgrade-win-x-build-10240-10586-0xc1900101-0x20017.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Since the beginning of I have been unable to upgrade ending with constant requests to restart and the failure data as per attachment is the latest I did defer this upgrade but recently it has been ignored and the upgrade has been installing and failing again on a regular basis I have tried the ISO's and other links to this upgrade and they all finish with a simple statement quot Failed 10 to Unable build to upgrade 10586 from Windows 10240 quot Funnily in Security amp Maintenance it shows a failure almost as soon as it starts to download and then about an Unable to upgrade Windows 10 from build 10240 to 10586 hour later it says it was a successful update I expect to see a Windows old in 'C' drive but there isn't any Last night a notification suddenly announced quot We are working on it quot - what Today it did another upgrade download and installation and guess what - failed I am under the impression that Microsoft want to get this upgrade Unable to upgrade Windows 10 from build 10240 to 10586 going in preparation for the Windows anniversary end July I notice in Tiribos's post the instructions for downloading the ISO and mounting etc but mine downloads as zip file but I suppose it all amounts to the same performance What to do This forum seems to be the best place to post as there is so much useless crap elsewhere on the internet mostly from a year or more ago

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/51965-unable-upgrade-windows-10-build-10240-10586-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240
Cant see this is correct

A:windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240

Did you receive the update for th2 10586 back in November or have you been receiving Windows updates ?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33960-windows-tells-me-my-laptop-up-date-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Kaspersky declines to support Windows Insider builds of Windows While not exactly new information we ve received a tip from a user of Kaspersky When inquiring about Kaspersky not working with Insider builds of Windows the company responded that their policy of not supporting them isn t new Kaspersky has never supported beta builds or preview versions of any operating system and it s very unlikely that this will change as we cannot guarantee the stability of our product on such to Windows Windows 10 Kaspersky declines of Insider support builds builds As a result the chances of our product supporting such builds in the future is to be honest extremely low We absolutely respect your decision to continue using the Insider preview build and uninstall Kaspersky instead but in such a case Kaspersky declines to support Windows Insider builds of Windows 10 there is not unfortunately anything further that we can do aspersky points out that because Insider builds aren t stable that they won t support them A similar sentiment was said by Microsoft themselves in a forum post On that forum they state that You likely won t see a fully supported version of Kaspersky until Redstone reaches general availability which is in the second half of this year That s if you don t like it its best you stick with a fully supported stable build such as the Windows November Update Read more http www winbeta org news kaspersk lds-windows-

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/50918-kaspersky-declines-support-windows-insider-builds-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,
After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file

Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.

A:Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46396-windows-10-build-insider-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

According this 14901 is on its way.

Microsoft preparing to drop first Windows 10 'Redstone 2' build for Insiders this week | Windows Central

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/59464-first-insider-build-its-way.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone. I'm a insider since all the way back to win 10 build 9xxx. I have 2 laptops installed with Win 10 10130. One is updated with 10586 and no problems. But on another laptop, since updated to 10547 every major release build for fast ring always failed to update. I'm stuck at 10547 forever! Tried google-fu but no result. I didnt want to reinstall again (i know that i take a risk of installing Insider builds but right now I cant reinstalled due to family reason)

Both of my laptops are old HP with Intel C2D and 3GBs of RAM. From Vista's era....

A:Error when upgrading W10 build 10547 to newer builds!

Have you tried using the Media Creation Tool or Tech Bench ISO for 10586?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32415-error-when-upgrading-w10-build-10547-newer-builds.html
Relevancy 62.35%
Relevancy 62.35%

First of all, let me say that I have no inside info on this topic.

Now that Microsoft seems to be on a fast release cycle for Insider builds, I would expect that we should see a new build soon. Maybe this week?!

I base this hope on the fact that build 11102 was released on 1/22/16. Four days later build 14251 was released on 1/27/16, The most recent build, 14257, was released on 2/3/16. Based on this timetable, it's possible that another build may be released to the fast ring this week.

A:When will the next Insider Build be released?

Hello there sassafras Welcome to the Ten Forums!

On that question you seem to have already answered the question on another thread Post #30 I believe. Microsoft lays more foundations for Redstone Windows 10 Build 14257 - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

Those actively involved in the Windows Insider Preview program will now be seeing an app available for a fast preview option for an advanced first look at the next build that would follow the present one available. Other then that the Blog.Windows 10 page would be what to watch to catch the next build's announcement which also ends up being quoted in the news section here at Ten Forums by the way!

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/40220-when-will-next-insider-build-released.html
Relevancy 62.35%

greetings to all insiders

will there be 14910. I heard there will be new features (system apps)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/61684-will-there-insider-build-14910-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Dell Venue 7140, Core-M, 4GB, 128GB

I'm having major problems with any of the RS2 Insider builds. I've been an Insider since pre-RTM and never had this type of issue. After installing the build I end up with an endless "Critical_Process_Died" blue-screen loop. Sometimes this will happen immediately after the install, other times after updating a driver. I've tried all of the usual tricks (system restore, sfc, dism, safe-mode, etc with no luck. What's interesting is that the boot process is actually working; it's something that happens right at the end of the boot that's causing the fault.

I've been down this road several times and have never been able to recover. Always re-installed the public release. Does anyone know what could be causing this or how to fix it? Yes, I know I could stop installing the Insider builds but feel like this is fixable.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/66613-critical_process_died-any-rs2-insider-build.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Is it possible to download the ISO for 10565, and install on a PC, without having this PC permanently an insider build, getting new builds? 10565 has been fantastic for me so far, but for example, my office PC, it's not really suitable to be installing new builds every few weeks/months. I just want specific builds if they are significantly better.

A:Insider Build Question

Originally Posted by networkn

Is it possible to download the ISO for 10565, and install on a PC, without having this PC permanently an insider build, getting new builds? 10565 has been fantastic for me so far, but for example, my office PC, it's not really suitable to be installing new builds every few weeks/months. I just want specific builds if they are significantly better.

There's ISO for newest one (10565) here: Download Windows 10 Build 10565 ISO - Microsoft News but as those are insider builds and if you have standard 10240 you can put it in slow ring and defer updates until you want to.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/26544-insider-build-question.html
Relevancy 62.35%

hello after updating to 14959 browsers cannot access internet correctly. if i downgrade to 14931 it works fine, but afet 14931 comes 3 new buld but problem was same. i try lot of things but cant slove this problem if enyone can help ... sry for my bad english pls :P

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/69236-insider-build-14959-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am currently stuck on build My frustration is due to the mandatory reboots that Windows keeps scheduling during the middle of the workday often when I am away from my in 10547 endless stuck builds update 10532 and between loop computer I have disabled this quot feature quot in the update settings but it persists Windows has downloaded build and keeps insisting that it needs to reboot to install it but reboots never attempt to install anything it is a routine stuck in endless update loop between builds 10532 and 10547 reboot In troubleshooting this issue I attempted to opt out of the Insider Program and downgrade to RC builds When looking at those options however I discovered an error message quot Your Microsoft account requires attention to get insider builds quot I clicked on the quot fix quot button and it had me log into my Microsoft account including all that dual authentication stuff In the end the wizard closed out and I was presented with a quot next steps quot button to click So I clicked that and it looped me right back into that same login wizard requiring dual authentication at the end of which I stuck in endless update loop between builds 10532 and 10547 found myself right back at the quot next steps quot button and the persistent error that quot Your Microsoft account requires attention to get insider builds quot Clicking directly on the quot stop insider builds quot hyperlink below that button produces a popup box stating that quot We need you to do a few things to stop receiving builds quot Below that statement is a hyperlink titled quot How do I opt my device out of Insider builds quot Clicking on that hyperlink takes me to a web page at windows microsoft com telling me that all I need to do is go into the advanced options for Windows update and click on the quot stop insider builds quot hyperlink Clicking on that does not however give me an option to verify my choice It just returns that same error message about quot We need you to do a few things to stop receiving builds quot At no point does it tell me what those things are it just keeps looping back on itself Is there a way to break out of the loop without reinstalling the OS altogether UPDATE I might have made some progress A few months ago an update corrupted my user profile requiring me to create a new profile I was reluctant to delete the old one because I wondered if maybe some key file was still locked up in it that I might want later I think however that because the corrupted account was still linked to my live account there were conflicts Not sure why it took more than two months to surface but when I just deleted that corrupted account I was able to download security updates and I'm no longer getting that error message to quot fix quot my updates It still loops me when I try to opt out of the Insider Program but at least half of the problem has resolved I'm going to reboot once again and see if that does the trick SECOND UPDATE Rebooting is now permitting a re-download of build I still am not able to opt-out of the Insider Program but maybe after completing the update

A:stuck in endless update loop between builds 10532 and 10547

I have also experienced this effect but have only the user profile (not corrupted) and despite repeated attempts to update, cannot initiate build 10547.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/25105-stuck-endless-update-loop-between-builds-10532-10547-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everyone!
My problem is the following:
I'm running windows 10 insidier build 14915 and Windows Update can't see new windows update, only defender updates.
I already reseted Software Distribution and catroot2 folders.

A:Insider build 14915 Can not update

Originally Posted by Reazin

Hello everyone!
My problem is the following:
I'm running windows 10 insidier build 14915 and Windows Update can't see new windows update, only defender updates.
I already reseted Software Distribution and catroot2 folders.

The only update I've seen mentioned is to Build 14926 and may not yet be available to everyone in the Insider program, just as 14915 took awhile to get to those running 14905. Just requires a bit of patience.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/64382-insider-build-14915-can-not-update.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, I'd like to ask something.

1. Will I lose those KB small builds after reset PC?
2. If it lose will I able to get those KB again?

I've to ask this to make sure If I'm still on 14383.67 even after reset this PC.
I've been software testing & testing bash around too much & start getting mess.
& sometimes I want to do some spring cleaning once a week or per build.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/59749-some-questions-about-w10-insider-build-14393-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
I've a Lumia 630 and I'm enrolled in Windows Insider program... Wanted to check which is the latest build that I'll be getting in insider preview... To be precise shall I get anniversary update on my Lumia 630 (through insider program).
Thanks!

A:Which is the latest build for insider for Lumia 630

Originally Posted by Viru116 Hi,
I've a Lumia 630 and I'm enrolled in Windows Insider program... Wanted to check which is the latest build that I'll be getting in insider preview... To be precise shall I get anniversary update on my Lumia 630 (through insider program).
Thanks! is your phone the 1GB version? If yes, then the latest version via insider app is 14393.5
If your phone is the 512MB RAM version, then it is 10586.494 - you won't get any more updates after this

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434054-latest-build-insider-lumia-630-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Currently running Build 14316.rs1, Release 160402-2217
I'm set in the Fast Ring and Registry settings are correct.
Has been downloaded and installed on my other W-10 PC.
I don't see any Google comments on not receiving the new Build 14328.
Am I the only one in the world?
Pete

A:Not getting new Insider Preview Build 14328

Use disc cleanup on your drive, using the advanced options, remove previous windows installations and temp files, reboot and wait about 30 min to an hour, should show up then, and ensure you are still on fast ring after reboot.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/48362-not-getting-new-insider-preview-build-14328-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently changed computers and am attempting to get my Insider preview up and running but cannot seem to activate it. A couple of call to MS haven't produced anything but frustration. Attempted activation shows no valid digital entitlement. Does anyone know how to activate on a new device?

A:Activation of Insider Build on New Device

I didn't activate it but validated it by using MS account, when I enter the code sent by MS it got activated.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/38498-activation-insider-build-new-device.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Since installing the new build (14951.1000) I can no longer log into the Feedback Hub, it asks me to sign in, I choose the correct MS account and it goes right back to the "Sign in" screen. Anyone else seen this issue and if so how do I fix it? Thanks in advance.....

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/67496-new-insider-build-14951-1000-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, I wanna stop the insider preview build 14271 and revert back to 10586 but I ran into a problem, first I went to Settings>Update and Security>Advanced Options and chose 'Stop insider preview builds', there's a popup which shows a 'blank' drop-down list and when I clicked on the drop-down list or apply, the settings UI freezes and I can't do anything to it, I can only close it through the taskbar. I have a screenshot of it below. Any solutions?

In case you're wondering I'm using the stock windows defender, and I've previously upgraded this laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 then to the preview build.
Thanks.

A:Can't stop insider preview build

What will happen if you............
1. Fill in the box " Turn Insider Preview builds back on in "
2. click the Stop receiving Insider Preview builds.
Then click Apply.

Insider Builds - Start or Stop Receiving in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/43165-cant-stop-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Quote Hi everyone New available Program the Windows build Insider to I m excited to share the news that we re rolling out our next build update to the Fast ring of the Windows Insider New build available to the Windows Insider Program Program Build Once again this build has a ton of changes some New build available to the Windows Insider Program noteworthy new features and a few gotchas to be aware of It also has a number of things that YOU have influenced directly with your problem reports and suggestions Thanks Getting started If you are new to the Windows Insider Program you may want to check out my post here from last month since this post is using some terms and concepts I first shared there e g our ring progression model Just like last time this new build will come to you automatically via Windows Update installed during your maintenance window if your PC is plugged in and on or sleeping If you don t want to wait for it to download and install on its own you can go to PC Settings Update and recovery Preview builds and click the Check Now button to go get it now If you re currently in the Fast ring the build is available now If you re in the Slow ring you won t receive the build right away we ll publish to Slow after we see how everything goes with the Fast ring This is a full build and it will be installed as an in-place upgrade so you ll go through those colorful installing your apps screens again This is because your account is being re-provisioned after the upgrade New build available to the Windows Insider Program

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/new-build-available-to-the-windows-insider-program-918386.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey ho, for some reason I havent been able to get any new updates via win10 mobile insider (Lumia 920) since the last january or so.

Tried to seek out information whats going on regarding this but 0 help. Have they released "manual installment" for this somehow or am i stuck with this till kingdom comes?

br, Beehoo

A:Win 10 mobile insider - stuck on 10.0.10586.420

Originally Posted by batlhilz

Hey ho, for some reason I havent been able to get any new updates via win10 mobile insider (Lumia 920) since the last january or so.

Tried to seek out information whats going on regarding this but 0 help. Have they released "manual installment" for this somehow or am i stuck with this till kingdom comes?

br, Beehoo

Moi Beehoo!

I have the same issue with Lumia 925, or rather we both have tool old phones: Lumia 920 and 925 are not supported, 10586 is the last Windows 10 build possible to install on these phones.

Supported phones for Windows*10 Mobile Insider Preview

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/60353-win-10-mobile-insider-stuck-10-0-10586-420-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Today we are releasing Windows Insider Preview Build to Windows Preview 10 Insider Build 14352 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring What s new Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352 in Build Cortana Improvements Cortana Your Personal DJ In addition to playing songs via your local files and OneDrive you also now have the ability to play any song from the entire Groove Music Catalog using Cortana If you have a Groove Music Pass just ask Cortana to play Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352 your favorite artist genre playlist or song This also Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352 works with Cortana on your Lock screen Windows Ink Updated Sticky Notes With the latest update Sticky Notes are now better than ever with the ability to create Cortana reminders from your notes that will flow with you across your Cortana enabled devices Compass on the ruler We ve updated the Windows Ink ruler to include a compass If the ruler is oriented in the direction of any of the cardinal points or midpoints the compass indicator will become bold Other items of note Windows Game bar improved with full-screen support One of the most common requests we see for the Windows Game DVR feature is the ability to use the Windows Game bar with more games running in full-screen Updated File Explorer icon Based on Insider feedback we have updated the File Explorer icon with more color Deploying Windows Enterprise edition gets easier Prior to Windows the upgrade from the Pro to Enterprise edition required a complete wipe and reinstallation of the OS In Windows we enabled bit-less edition upgrade from Pro to Enterprise This means all the features are on the device already and the upgrade to Enterprise edition can be performed by changing the product key rather than having to download and deploy a new image Limited Period Scanning Limited Periodic Scanning is a new security setting you can choose to turn on if you use an antivirus program other than Windows Defender This setting can provide an additional line of defense in scanning and detecting malware on your device This setting can be turned on for unmanaged devices You can read more about Limited Period Scanning here Here s what s fixed for PC Spoiler General Bug Fixes Feedback Hub should now be localized properly If you install a different language you will need to relaunch Feedback Hub to have it show in that language We fixed the issue with Intel HD Graphics or Intel HD Graphics GPUs causing rendering issues and instability with Microsoft Edge If you mitigated this issue by using software rendering instead of GPU rendering you can go back to GPU rendering Starting with this build pinned tabs in Microsoft Edge should no longer get lost after updating to a new Insider Preview build We fixed an issue causing Surface Books to bugcheck bluescreen when using Windows Hello We fixed an issue that caused the Brightness Quick Action to appear missing This build includes fixes for Precision Touchpads We have Improved reliability of using gestures to switch between virtual desktops We also improved touchpad responsiveness for pans and two finger taps We also fixed an issue where swiping on the touchpad might not wake the device once it was in Connected Standby state We fixed an issue resulting in maximized UWP apps slightly overlapping the taskbar if taskbar was positioned on top We fixed an issue in the Action Center where it wouldn t show the hover state when moving your mouse over notifications if a notification had been expanded We fixed an issue resulting in missing icons in Action Center when using Light mode We fixed an issue resulting in Restart Required continuing to show in Action Center after restart has already occurred Increased hit target of X icon for notifications in Action Center to make them easier to dismiss We fixed a timing issue where the Bluetooth Quick Action might appear with state ON for a device with no Bluetooth We fixed an issue where using Esc to exit a full screen video with Microsoft Edg... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-insider-preview-build-14352.60091/
Relevancy 61.06%

. . .Time to see where folks here on the Ten's stand on the new insider build.

Thus far I have had no problems with this build other then the my need for a dark theme (just me). The right click problem has ben resolved.

What problems have you ran into, and what did you do to fix said problem\s. . .inquiring mines would like to know. . .

A:Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

Not a single problem this time except old stuff I don't like after upgrades, almost all registry hacks revert to default and have to apply them again.
Made me ISO and did Disk Cleanup, just in the process of making Reflect backup.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/26173-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10565-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Windows Messaging is back

Skype and Messaging included

More coming soon!

Thanks to WZor

A:First Screen Shot - Insider Build 10558

Looking good.. I'll try that out in my dual boot set up.

Thanks
Jeff

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/24982-first-screen-shot-insider-build-10558-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Just received a cumulative update for 14342.

A:New Cumulative Update for Insider Build 14342

Yep, got this update here too. Interesting.
I think we'll have a Feedback Hub post about this patch in a few hours.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/50770-new-cumulative-update-insider-build-14342-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

The only build that I have received through windows update is 14931. I have posted at the insider community and tried numerous reg hacks, enabling and disabling windows update, deleting temp files, turning on and off fast ring. Some have said it's my hardware, and I am so frustrated I am considering a new rig. But that can be expensive.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/69974-new-insider-fast-ring-build-not-pushing-my-rig.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My insider build 10525 (as shown by winver) expires on 7/15/2016. What does this mean? Will I need to buy a license for $199 or whatever at that time?

A:Windows Insider build expires 7/15/2016

Originally Posted by martyfelker

My insider build 10525 (as shown by winver) expires on 7/15/2016. What does this mean? Will I need to buy a license for $199 or whatever at that time?

I would upgrade to the most current version of the insider build, 10586.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/29268-windows-insider-build-expires-7-15-2016-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Any new apps with the insider build-slow ring? What the latest build for the slow ring and can you download an iso image? When I tested it before, I always chose the fast ring, now I want to try the slow ring. Mainly to see if the monitor will stop flashing occasionally. Never did flash in windows 7 or any Linux OS.

A:Any new apps with the insider build-slow ring?

The latest Insider Preview iso files available for download are 14295 and 14332.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...reviewadvanced

The current build is 14342. No iso released.

.................................................................................................... ........
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/51025-any-new-apps-insider-build-slow-ring.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey guys Before Windows was released I joined the Insider Program and upgraded to the Windows Insider beta or whatever they called it That was around May I had just built a new PC with an activated version of Windows and I thought I should just go ahead and upgrade to the beta before I got too invested so I wouldn't risk screwing everything up after I had everything installed So now in December I'm getting sick of all of these major updates and I'd like to just opt out of the Insider program and use the normal release version But it won't let me permanently leave I go to the Advanced Options in Windows Update settings and choose quot Stop Insider Preview builds quot and it gives me choices of times to turn it back on When I click the link that says quot Stop receiving Insider Preview builds quot to permanently stop it just takes me to some web page explaining how to do what I just did and it Insider Build Program leave 11082 Can't won't let me opt out Just to clarify I'm now on build and I did upgrade this from an activated install of Windows It's not like I did Can't leave Insider Program Build 11082 a clean install from an ISO and I'm after a free key or anything I'm really hoping I don't have to reinstall Win and upgrade to the normal version

A:Can't leave Insider Program Build 11082

You're going to have to re-install a release build, such as the November update. Since you've already successfully upgraded, you can reinstall clean and it will automatically activate, just skip any requests for entering a key.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/34376-cant-leave-insider-program-build-11082-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there After upgrading to hoses AGAIN Network build !!! insider Latest up latest insider build I'm tearing my hair out with Network connectivity AGAIN Have Logitech media server running on NAS Squeezeboxes Linux OS connect and work fine as do W and XP Windows shows the server but cannot connect However if I activate the player client end software Squeezeplay it will only connect if I actually enter the IP Latest insider build hoses up Network AGAIN !!! address of the server Before I would just start the client and it would find the server and if more than one would present a list of which to connect to and present me with the client interface to select music stream to play Been working ever since XP days -- W really Latest insider build hoses up Network AGAIN !!! has got some sort of networking royally hosed up I've been looking for a replacement for the squeezebox system - Sonos sounds not so good and expensive squeezebox system - great Optical digital out and does FLAC too -- why Logitech stopped it I don't know so perhaps I'll keep the hardware until it finally dies Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38583-latest-insider-build-hoses-up-network-again.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Can somebody tell me if there any SUBSTANTIAL fixes/improvements between build 10525 and build 10586. The fact that have only been 60 builds in the last few months makes me think there might be none.

A:Any substantial changes from Insider Build 10525 to 10586

60 builds ,,nah there wasn't that many ,seems to be a few changes
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 | Windows Experience Blog

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/29267-any-substantial-changes-insider-build-10525-10586-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have been successfully updating as a Insider Win Insider My 14257 update won't build to 11102 since Oct with no problems I recently did a clean install of build and it seems ok A few slow downs and hangs but generally ok Recently I received notification from MS that build was available for download I downloaded the file as always and it went through the usual prep and getting ready etc When it rebooted to start the install I get a screen asking me to quot Choose your Keyboard L O quot I choose United States and then it reverts back to quot Choose an Option quot I choose quot continue amp Exit to Win quot and it boots back into my build I've tried this three or four times with the same result I have downloaded and run the MS Fit-It for upgrades to no avail I have tried My Insider build 11102 won't update to 14257 using My Insider build 11102 won't update to 14257 a Local account still does the same thing I created an ISO TechNet and it does the same thing when trying to do a clean install Any ideas I have run DISM and SFC scannow

A:My Insider build 11102 won't update to 14257

You can create an iso to manually clean install by extracting install.esd and converting to an iso using esd-iso tool in tutorials section.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/40214-my-insider-build-11102-wont-update-14257-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

First, a couple of the forums I visit have taken on a new look. See attached graphic. Normally when a page looks like that I empty my Firefox cache and voila. There was hardly anything in my cache and no, it didn't work.

Secondly, I could not upload this graphic on the Insider Build. Nothing happened. Windows 10 Home worked fine.

The forums work as they should in Windows 10 Home.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/67206-two-problems-noted-insider-build-14946-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone,

Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build has quite a few new features and improvements so we?re really excited to get this one out to you for you to try out. One thing I want to call out up front is that this build and associated Language Packs won?t be available until later this week for Windows Insiders in Russia and Turkey.

FULL ARTICLE: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

A:Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576

Hi everyone,

Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Not only does this build have a good set of bug fixes and fit-an-finish, it also includes a few new things for you to try.

Full article: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-insider-preview-build-10576.52735/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone,

Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build is really focused on bug fixes and general improvements. We?ve been loving this build in our internal rings as it is very fast and smooth, and makes a great daily driver.

THIS MAY BE THE FINAL THRESHOLD BUILD

Full article: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586

A:Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586

Secondmineboy said:

Hi everyone,

Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build is really focused on bug fixes and general improvements. We?ve been loving this build in our internal rings as it is very fast and smooth, and makes a great daily driver.

THIS MAY BE THE FINAL THRESHOLD BUILD

Full article: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586Click to expand...

This is the Final Build threshold 2 Build no decktop watermark

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-insider-preview-build-10586.52959/
Relevancy 61.06%

My pc is suddenly shutdown after startup
im facing this problem after my window updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/61947-window-10-insider-preview-build-14905-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Quote:

Hi everyone,

We have a new build for PCs releasing today to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring ? Build 10158. This build is full of improvements to stability and quality as well as some additional UI polish. It also has some great new features included for Microsoft Edge as well.

Here is what?s new in this build
Microsoft Edge: The first thing that you?ll notice in this build is that the Microsoft Edge branding is now included.

IMPORTANT: Microsoft Edge has a new app ID that will cause any favorites, cookies, history and Reading list items that you had saved in ?Project Spartan? from previous builds to be lost after upgrading. If you want to keep these, make sure you back up your favorites before upgrading to Build 10158.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158 for PCs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10158-for-pcs-1012346.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have created this topic for the discussion of build 10122.

Who has upgraded to build 10122 and what are your opinions of this build? Pros or cons.

Bruce.

A:Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 Discussion

Ah we've all been waiting for another build and well its here! And yes I'm going to review this here and now so let's review it.

It's OK looks great and polished I don't mind it at all since Microsoft is finishing bits and pieces off it's shiny new OS. The start menu looks great, and the theme looks great! Microsoft also has stabilized the OS a lot since 10074 as it even fixed the annoying issue with the Nvidia Drivers. Actually a lot of you would recommend this as a stable Build or not any other way it's great.

List of fixed issues:
1. Visual Glitch (Rectangle Silvers)

2. Fixed lots of glitches with Microsoft

3. Developers – when you go to Settings > Update & Security > For developers – it no longer crashes the Settings app.

4. We fixed the issue some people were seeing where their graphics driver fails to install from Windows Update with error code 80070103. This was happening because WU was trying to re-issue the driver.

5.You should now be able to edit the IPv4 properties of an Ethernet adapter on your PC.

6.We have fixed issues where fonts would render blurry on High DPI displays. We’re cooking up a blog post we plan to publish shortly that talks a little more in depth about our investment with High DPI in Windows 10 so watch for it.

7.We have fixed some keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge. Control + L or Alt + D shortcuts now got to the URL bar more reliably.

List of Known Glitches/bugs:
1. AMD GPU users will experience BSODs while using Microsoft Edge.

2.Upgrading to this build on certain PCs may fail and roll back to the previously installed build with error 0x80070057 – 0x20007. This is a bug where too many device INFs are being migrated and hitting an internal limit. Possible workaround is to use Disk Cleanup to clean up system files and choose Device driver packages, Previous Windows installations and Temporary Windows installation files. You may also need to remove unnecessary peripherals and remove them from Device Manager and trying the upgrade again.

3.In this build there is a bug that may cause issues with Cortana speech. If you are experiencing problems with speech recognition, or are getting errors when trying to speak to Cortana.

Link for x64 for 10122:
x64: https://mega.co.nz/#!eEQHGBIa!DjGJPMKbSOJutWbcz41VOyzCf-m7ZVpUSRBTZTg_0O4
Sorry couldn't find x86 at the moment but at least you will find it when it comes out.

If images don't show just PM me.

That's All thanks for reading! Oh and pics are under here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576883/windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-discussion/