Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Mouse Problems

Q: Microsoft Mouse Problems

I have just bought a new mouse for my computer, its a microsoft optical wheel mouse. It seems to work fine on the desktop but when i get into a game such as CS it seems to freeze in places, particually when im aiming. It will move fine but when i try and aim at someone sometimes the mouse wont move as if its kinda frozen, its hard to explain but if any of you have any ideas why this might be would be very much appreciated!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Mouse Problems

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft Mouse Problems

The "lag" you are referring to is fairly common in lower priced optical mice. what model do you have and what kind of surface are you using it on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-problems.41341/
Relevancy 57.62%

Yesterday around pm EST my Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB mouse it started losing connection It has a light on it and it Mouse Microsoft Problems keeps going on and off Sometimes it makes the disconnect hardware and reconnect hardware sounds But right now i had to put in a back up mouse because every time i would touch the other mouse it would go off But even after a while the back up mouse starts to do the same thing I'm starting to think it is a Windows issue I just did a clean install of Windows on Tuesday June th and until yesterday it worked fine and it also worked fine before i clean installed I think it is a Windows issue because my webcam resets about every - minutes even though the software for it is installed as is its driver Microsoft Mouse Problems But when i installed Windows on Tuesday i did not install IntelliPoint I did this last night and it fixed my problem It has worked since then all the way up to about minutes ago At first it starts disconnecting for a split second maybe every two minutes but it quickly escalates to it going off for seconds every time i touch it I really need help because i need to have a Microsoft Mouse Problems mouse Any help at all is appreciated

A:Microsoft Mouse Problems

Quote: Originally Posted by jmixmaster

Yesterday around 10pm EST, my Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB mouse, it started losing connection. It has a light on it, and it keeps going on and off. Sometimes it makes the disconnect hardware and reconnect hardware sounds. But right now, i had to put in a back up mouse because every time i would touch the other mouse, it would go off. But even after a while, the back up mouse starts to do the same thing.

I'm starting to think it is a Windows 7 issue. I just did a clean install of Windows 7 on Tuesday (June 29th), and until yesterday, it worked fine, and it also worked fine before i clean installed. I think it is a Windows 7 issue, because my webcam resets about every 1-5 minutes, even though the software for it is installed, as is its driver. But, when i installed Windows 7 on Tuesday, i did not install IntelliPoint. I did this last night and it fixed my problem. It has worked since then, all the way up to about 45 minutes ago. At first, it starts disconnecting for a split second, maybe every two minutes, but it quickly escalates to it going off for 10 seconds every time i touch it.

I really need help because i need to have a mouse! Any help at all is appreciated!

I think you are right about it being 7 and not just the mouse since it affects your webcam.

Tell me more about your copy of 7 and where you got it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/95272-microsoft-mouse-problems.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone,

I've been having problems with two of my Wireless Arc Mice from MS. It only occurs when using this computer.

The problem is.. When I use my mouse, sometimes it'll just stop taking input (moving the cursor) and it will take a bit before it'll start taking input again.

Now, I know its not the mouse itself as it did this with my other Arc Mouse, and it doesn't happen when I'm booted Linux.

So.. anyone have any suggestions? I've tried just using the standard HID_Compliant Mouse driver, and the driver provided by Microsoft via IntelliPoint. No differences with either.

A:Microsoft Wireless Arc Mouse problems

same problem here. Mouse stutters and freezes and so on...
Unusable

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/85887-microsoft-wireless-arc-mouse-problems.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I picked up a Microsoft Wireless Mouse Keyboard Combo Wireless Optical Mouse and on my old wooden desk it worked great I picked up a Z-Line Legacy Glass desk and ever since then the mouse is nothing but problems Since its a glass desk I bought a Mouse pad The pointer essentially jumps If I move the mouse fast the pointer Generally Problems Microsoft Wireless Mouse works If I'm going to click on a link or change a song adjust the volume etc The pointer will usually just stay in one spot then jump past what I was trying to do To solve this issue I've changed USB Ports Placed the receiver in multiple places Including next to the mouse on top of the desk a few feet away on the keyboard tray pressed the connect buttons on the mouse and receiver multiple times and changed the batteries On the other hand the keyboard works great with no issues The only things I can think of that can be the issue would be either the mouse pad is a piece of junk A black fellowes microban one or since the desk is glass and metal I'm Microsoft Wireless Mouse Problems getting interference between the Microsoft Wireless Mouse Problems mouse and sensor but I want to rule that out since the keyboard is working fine Any ideas on the issue I was going to try my wired mouse on the mouse pad to see if that helps the issue but I paid enough to have the wireless combo I don't want to loose it but can't deal with how unresponsive the mouse is Thanks in advance Microsoft Wireless Mouse Problems

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse Problems

Hi temiller

It would be normal for the keyboard to operate normally given that the optics for the mouse is located at the bottom - with the glass desk and possibly the existing mouse-pad (which I'm hoping is not one of those with a shiny surface), the optical tracker would have a hard time trying to focus.
Try the mouse with a different mouse-pad - black mouse-pad would be ideal or better still, for now, try to use a dark piece of paper as your mouse-pad

Hope this helps and regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/87339-microsoft-wireless-mouse-problems.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everyone. I have been having some problems with my mouse lately and I don't know if its the driver, the mouse itself, my memory, or something else but its been giving me some problems lately. The main problems are that when I try to highlight something it won't highlight it right. It'll not highlight where I want it to and it'll instead highlight something a line or two up instead of what I am trying to highlight. Also sometimes when I single click it goes through as a double click which can be really annoying. So, should I get a new mouse or is this likely something else that is wrong? This mouse is 4 years old so its probably about due for a new one.

Relevancy 57.19%

Been awhile since I posted here Anyways I have a Microsoft optical mouse Link Its a plug and play never installed any software nor had any problems till now Depending on if I use it or let it sit idle it will turn off if you will If I start using it it will just turn off on me somewhere between - minutes If I take it out Microsoft Optical Problems Mouse of the usb port and plug it back in it works again If I let it sit idle it wont turn off Theres not cuts or anything wrong with the wiring as far as Microsoft Optical Mouse Problems I know I can move the wire around all I want and it wont go out I tried installing some drivers and updating them for the mouse no luck there I click on mouse properties and it says this device is working properly even when its turned off Soo any suggestions Maybe the usb ports are faulty or the mouse is losing power -Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I have just purchased a new laptop which came with windows vista basic. In addition I have purchased a Microsoft wireless laser 8000 mouse. For some reason I cant get the scroll wheel to work. I have ticked the enable vertical scrolling in the mouse properties but it still does not seem to be working. Can any one please help????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-problems.632959/
Relevancy 50.31%

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me I just picked up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse the Notebook mouse to be exact for my home entertainment center I have my PC ran to a monitor and a inch Samsung LED LCD TV for watching movies etc The problem is the HDMI cord is run threw the wall so the PC is in another room so I cant use the normal mouse on the PC I bought a bluetooth mouse due to the increased range but I'm having nothing but with mouse. 5000 Notebook Bluetooth Microsoft Issues Mouse issues I have the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle btw didn't come with the mouse the mouse actually comes with no dongle Anyway it connects fine but if I stop using it for like an hour or whatever it disconnects and nothing I do will reconnect it unless I take my other mouse go into bluetooth devices delete it and readd it all over again WHY THE HELL does it keep doing this lol It's very annoying I sit down to watch a movie and discover I cant start it without first going into the other room and readding my mouse I'm well within range and I've tried moving the bluetooth mouse to the same room as the PC to use it with the PC and it still does the same thing Help

A:Issues with Bluetooth mouse. Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000

Quote: Originally Posted by kdogg

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me. I just picked up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, the Notebook 5000 mouse to be exact for my home entertainment center.

I have my PC ran to a monitor and a 55 inch Samsung LED LCD TV for watching movies etc. The problem is, the HDMI cord is run threw the wall so the PC is in another room so I cant use the normal mouse on the PC. I bought a bluetooth mouse due to the increased range but I'm having nothing but issues.

I have the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle btw, didn't come with the mouse, the mouse actually comes with no dongle.

Anyway it connects fine but if I stop using it for like an hour or whatever it disconnects and nothing I do will reconnect it unless I take my other mouse, go into bluetooth devices, delete it and readd it all over again.

WHY THE HELL does it keep doing this lol?

It's very annoying, I sit down to watch a movie and discover I cant start it without first going into the other room and readding my mouse.

I'm well within range and I've tried moving the bluetooth mouse to the same room as the PC to use it with the PC and it still does the same thing.

Help?

It's your dongle. I have the same mouse and it works absolutely fine. I'll bet you have the USB option set to power the dongle down when unused. How's the radio in the mouse supposed to wake up a sleeping dongle?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107627-issues-bluetooth-mouse-microsoft-notebook-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

Lately I have been having an annoying problem with my wireless mouse. For some reason the pointer will lag, and be very sluggish and jumpy. I've had this mouse on this computer for about a year and I've had no problem. Out of nowhere this problem is happening. I've tried re installing drivers with no luck. I tried uninstalling intellipoint and re-installing it, but when I tried I got the BSOD, and then it completely disabled my mouse and keyboard so I had to use wired peripherals to go in to safe mode and do a system restore. Now everything is working again, except my mouse is still jumpy.

Thanks for any help.

A:Annoying mouse lag - Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500

Erratic behaviour from wireless peripherals, especially keyboards and/or mice, particularly where they were working correctly before, generally points to a dying battery in the peripheral. Have you tried replacing it? If it is rechargeable, it may no longer be holding charge and will also need replacing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/253795-annoying-mouse-lag-microsoft-wireless-mobile-mouse-3500-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys. I have windows updates set to manual. Yesterday i checked for updates  and found more that 10 important updates. I selected all for installing. I recieved two _80070103  error
messages for  "Microsoft - Pointing Drawing - Microsoft Hardware USB Mouse" and "Microsoft - Keyboard, Other hardware - Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard" updates. I looked at update history and found out 8 similiar update failures !
 I have windows 8.1 and i use wireless keyboard and mouse.  Shall i just unistall that failed updates or it might affect my mouse and keyboard performance? Thank you!

A:microsoft - pointing drawing - microsoft hardware usb mouse download fail.

Hi Alona,
If you receive Windows Update error 80070103 while installing updates, you might be trying to install a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that might be less compatible than one you already have installed.

So, if you did not encounter any performance issue about mouse and keyboard before, you can hide these updates and don't install them again.
Best regards,Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]
Niko Cheng
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/69751a1f-a0fd-4f5b-9c67-2e711db766c0/microsoft-pointing-drawing-microsoft-hardware-usb-mouse-download-fail?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I m really hoping someone here can help me My logitech corded optical mouse was working pretty well but it was a little slow so I decided to switch it out with a microsoft comfort optical mouse I XP, freeze! microsoft Mouse to from logitech switched mouse have another machine and both mice seem Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse to work perfectly there But on Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse my main machine they both lock up after a few minutes and the only thing that fixes it is rebooting I was highly suspecting it was a conflict between logitech and microsoft software at first I tried this http support microsoft com kb several times to clear the registry and start fresh But each time I ended up having to use system restore after I can clear everything out and then the USB hub is detected when I reboot but the mouse is not I check device manager and it says it has an HID compliant mouse and the mouse lights up like it has power but won t move at all Does anyone have any ideas Is there any more information I could give that would be helpful to troubleshoot Thanks so much Airmide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freeze-xp-switched-from-logitech-to-microsoft-mouse.660795/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just ran my Microsoft Windows Update a couple of days ago which included Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (Mouse and Keyboard Center). I think this is the culprit causing my problems. Now both my mousepad on my laptop and my mouse are active at the same time and I am unable to uninstall or turn off the mousepad. I've tried uninstall two different ways and neither worked after restarting and shutting down as per instructions. It is driving me crazy because it is extremely hard to type as the cursor will jump on the page and insert my typed letters into the wrong place. I have to get it uninstalled! Typing this is a nightmare and I am not dragging my thumbs on the pad or touching it in anyway. Any suggestions?

A:Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-keyboard-microsoft-usb-dual-receiver-wireless-keyboard-mouse-update.1089853/
Relevancy 43%

I am using a intelleye mouse and it hangs up and beep I have increased the packets an I have checked the port to make sure the mouse is plugged in?No its not a wireless mouse either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse.217429/
Relevancy 43%

Hello Can't get my mouse to move a lot of time in past days things are downloading really slowly and there is an issue with the sound here is my hijack this file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved problems...sound problems problems.. slow computer mouse at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr mouse problems.. slow computer problems...sound problems exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx mouse problems.. slow computer problems...sound problems exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files TweakNow PowerPack RAM XP exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY O - HKLM Run RAM Idle Professional C Program Files TweakNow PowerPack RAM XP exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKCU Run GoToMeeting C Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mstart exe quot Trigger RunAtLogon quot O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup HP Image Zone Fast Start lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqthb exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C ... Read more

A:mouse problems.. slow computer problems...sound problems

Hi caroline123

Sorry for the delay in getting to you, the forum has been really busy lately and all our helpers are volunteers. If you still need help please follow these instructions

1. Download combofix to your desktop from 1 of these locations

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...s/ComboFix.exe

2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

-------------------------
Required Logs

C:\combofix.txt
a new HijackThis log
an update on system behaviour

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/mouse-problems-slow-computer-problems-sound-problems-162480.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, my girlfriend bout a Microsoft wireless mouse: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000.
She seemed to like the mouse, and used it for about two weeks for her desktop.
One day, she called me crying, saying she burned her hand by the "melted" mouse receiver. So I went down to her room and saw the receiver all melted down on her HP desktop. I had to pull out the metal part of usb receiver by tweezers.
I am so mad! How can this happen? Seems like short circuit or something... I want to even sue microsoft .. at least to get a refund or replacement. Can anybody tell me what I should do? Thank you, Jeff

A:Microsoft Mouse Meltdown!

"Get on the horn to MS and let them hear about it!" would be one answer. Another if you have the receipt is return for refund at the store it purchased from. Obviously it was due to a manufacturer's defect that got out.

Typically MS is a software company where other companies are under contracts to manufacture the hardwares they sell. Aparently some QC slipped up and missed that one!

It's a shame seeing that one since generally their hard wired models are durable as well as the keyboards. I would advise trying to get the refund if not exchange for it however.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/150389-microsoft-mouse-meltdown.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone, i'm a newbie here so hi!

I wondered if anyone could help me, I just bought a Microsoft wireless mouse for my ASUS notebook as I have it connected to my tv via hdmi and wanted to be able to browse the net and control other things from my sofa rather than sitting on the floor! (as the hd cable is v short)

If Im using the mouse, how would I get the onscreen keyboard to stay onscreen so I can type? my laptop is touchscreen and the keyboard only pops up when I tap the screen.....

think I might have wasted my money!

A:Wireless Microsoft Mouse

You'll have to bear with me as I don't have a touch screen device and therefore don't use the on-screen keyboards, however do any of the following ways help?

1) Right click on the Taskbar at the bottom of the desktop, then go to Toolbars > Touch Keyboard. That will put an icon in the Taskbar, which you can click to toggle the on-screen keyboard.

2) From the start screen, type OSK, then click On-Screen Keyboard in the search results. This will launch an on-screen keyboard that will stay on screen until you close it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38332-wireless-microsoft-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a microsoft mouse 2.0A, it used to work ok but now when ever i move it it always jumps diagonally left really fast. This is very irritating as i like to click on things with my mouse and this makes it difficult to unless i am very quick. Any suggestions?

A:Microsoft Mouse problem

Go to device manager uninstall that device.reboot and reinstall the driver for that mouse. Maybe they have an update driver for it. Check connections also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse-problem.400295/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all! First post to ask for help

My problem is with this Microsoft Habu Laser mouse. Almost every time I RESTART my computer and get to the desktop my mouse does not respond even the "restart button" at the bottom of the mouse does not help, all I can do is unplug the mouse and plug it back in and it works. This happens also sometimes when computer has been powered down for a while, not always but sometimes.

I even changed this mouse to new one when it had warranty left, but now it's over and not an option anymore.

It does not make a change if I install the Habu drivers and software from the CD or Microsoft's web page.

Is the problem in the mouse or is it some kind of a problem with my computer?

Thank you in advance !

A:Microsoft Habu mouse

Have you let the computer sit for a few minutes before unplugging? It might just be taking the computer a minute to read the mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/96250-microsoft-habu-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My mouse was working fine until I had Not Mouse Working Microsoft to move my pc around for painting after setting it all back up I think I put the USB for the receiver wireless mouse in a different USB slot than it was before - I had to install the software again Ever since then my mouse has been playing up it has Microsoft Mouse Not Working been lagging and not working for a few seconds I have since tried putting it in different USB slots but this seems to have made the problem worse Earlier today my mouse stopped working well the mouse is fine it just wont respond on my PC - I plugged it into a different USB slot and it worked again still with lags though Just a minute a go it packed in on the other USB slot and wont work on any of the others I think this may be due to conflicting drivers or something seeing as it s installed on loads of different USB ports I m probably wrong I don t know too much about these sort of things If anyone could help me on this as soon as possible it would be greatly appreciated my PC is currently useless without a mouse I had to navigate to this page on the keyboard bit of a mission I am using a Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer which uses the Microsoft Mouse software Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I am having up Mouse Slowing Microsoft a problem with my Microsoft wireless optical mouse It doesn t capture items I click on most of the time I have tried to reload the driver and software but have had no success The Microsoft Mouse Slowing up keyboard appears to work fine Here is my Hi-jack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Microsoft Mouse Slowing up v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Wireless-N PCI Adapter WLService exe C Program Files Wireless-N PCI Adapter WMP N exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO EWPBrowseObject Class - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run PrintServer Diagnostic C Program Files Print S... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse-slowing-up.807467/
Relevancy 42.57%

I found a thread but in the process of joining tech support I lost it...I need assistance on making my microsoft cordless mouse work after changing the batteries....I tried to check in the hardware in control panel as suggested but can't find the device recognized...now I need to know how to replace the driver I guess??

A:Microsoft cordless mouse

Welcome to TSG!
If the batteries were dead, or out too long, the mouse will forget the channel it was using, and you just need to let them search again.
There should be a button on the transmitter (part connected to the PC) and another button on the Mouse (may be marked connect).
Press the button on the transmitter, then press the button on the mouse (you have 10-30 seconds to press the mouse button).
You might just need to press the button on the Mouse, so I'd try that first.

They will then scan the radio frequencies they use until they find each other and agree on what channel to use.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-cordless-mouse.834850/
Relevancy 42.57%

I cannot get my computer MS-XP,ComPAQ sr1110nx to see my new mouse. I have a wireless keyboard also and don't like the fingerpad to play games,
How can I get both to work? I had wireless mouse that worked fine before it didn't. For some reason it would not hold a charge and could not find anyone to sell me a new battery pak. (Gyration ULTRA GT)
Applebrandy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-mouse.863779/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello. Can anyone help me? I also have a Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical. But now it's been having some problems recently. The red light inside keeps turning on and off mysteriously and I suddenly can't move the mouse pointer anymore until it turns on again. It does very frequently now. Does this mean that the optical mouse has already gone bad and I have to replace it with another one or is there a way I fix it? I tried installing the Intellipoint CD Software but that still didn't work. I plugged it into the PS/2 Port even though it is also USB compatible. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Charles

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-optical-wheel-mouse-and-usb.146353/
Relevancy 42.14%

our microsft usb mouse is not registering when we click on things sometimes, we can move the mouse and the sensor moves as well but when we click nothing happens, we have satellite broadband would this affect it ?

A:USB microsoft mouse not registering when clicking

Faulty mouse buttons is my guess. Try a different mouse, if that works okay my guess was right.

(Satellite b/b would not cause this)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-microsoft-mouse-not-registering-when-clicking.991544/
Relevancy 42.14%

Is it unusual for a 3 month old wireless mouse to quit working?

I tried three different batteries and the light on the bottom still doesn't light up.

We hooked my son's mouse up and it works so I know it is not the pc.

I have already purchased another one as I didn't feel like going through the trouble of trying to return it to MS all for $39.99.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 2000 (Keyboard + Mouse).

The wheel is a bit hard to press. Tilting is softer and easier.
Is it possible to change the tilt function (horizontal scroll) to middle-click?

I'd appreciate your help.

A:Changing functions in a Microsoft mouse

Have you installed your Microsoft mouse/keyboard program?
Have you checked using Windows 7 Updates for updates to the program?
The program should show you what functions your may change to your liking.
I don't believe that you can adjust how hard the wheel is to press.
I haven't used a 2000 M/S mouse in years so I just going by memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383084-changing-functions-microsoft-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Keyboard/Mouse 3000 isn't working correctly.  I can't reinstall without deleting the program.  If I delete the program, my mouse and keyboard won't work, so I cannot install the program again.  If I had ham, I'd have ham and eggs, if
I had eggs.  What's my move?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a9417fc2-41af-427b-8e36-75a29e7c38aa/microsoft-keyboardmouse-install?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 42.14%

Does anyone else here use a wireless keyboard and mouse? My mouse died a couple days ago, so I was going to purchase a new wireless one. Well Bestbuy was sold out of every single wireless mouse except for the $90 ones. I looked over and saw this really nice looking Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse for only $60. I said, heck with it. I bought it, and I love it. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all. I bought the Microsoft "Basic Wireless Optical Desktop"

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

So does anyone else use a wireless keyboard/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-wireless-mouse-and-keyboard.9946/
Relevancy 42.14%

It took me several days to get my new Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse detected by my Dell XPS 8500 Win 7 PC but with the help of SanddeepP on this forum I finally got it to work. Now I wonder if it was worth it. I find the blue button on the left side, the one that brings up the start menu, to be very, very, annoying. Up pops the start menu whenever my thumb rests a little more than lightly on it. (Darn it, it just did it again.)

Does anyone know of a way to disable that button? Control Panel/Mouse offers no way.

Thank you very much.

A:Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth Mouse

Quote: Originally Posted by jsquareg

It took me several days to get my new Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse detected by my Dell XPS 8500 Win 7 PC but with the help of SanddeepP on this forum I finally got it to work. Now I wonder if it was worth it. I find the blue button on the left side, the one that brings up the start menu, to be very, very, annoying. Up pops the start menu whenever my thumb rests a little more than lightly on it. (Darn it, it just did it again.)

Does anyone know of a way to disable that button? Control Panel/Mouse offers no way.

Thank you very much.

Hi jsquareg,

I understand it is causing more issues than when it was not working. Have you checked if in the mouse software has options to disable the button for opening the start menu.

Maybe it would take sometime for you to get used to the new mouse and it should get better by the time.

Please check the mouse software and let us know if you require further information.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311330-microsoft-sculpt-bluetooth-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently bought a microsoft optical laser mouse (USB) and quite recently it has begun switching itself off, sometimes for a few seconds, and other times requiring me to reboot before I can use it again. I have tried re-installing the drivers several times, but this has not changed anything.
(The drivers are the intellipoint software that came with the mouse)

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance

A:Microsoft Optical Mouse Problem

I had a problem with the mouse quiting the same as you describe. Finally one day it just died for good. The mouse was faulty, do to a bad connection somewhere, microsoft replaced at no charge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-optical-mouse-problem.34637/
Relevancy 42.14%

When we use our wireless Microsoft mouse, it does not let our computer go on standby. CAn you tell me why this is? And what I can do about it? I love havi ng a wireless mouse.

A:No standby with wireless Microsoft mouse

Go onto your settings, ( sleep mode ) and adjust your wake up settings... GL

P.S. and Welcome to SevenForums...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/80740-no-standby-wireless-microsoft-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.14%

First Post,
New Computer user. I have installed a microsoft intellipoint wireless mouse and now have noticed that when I put the Dell 8400 in stand by I can click on the mouse and the computer does not come out of stand by. I talked to dell and they thought it was a video driver update that I had done. But while trying to solve the problem I reconnected the wired mouse and it worked fine? I then uninstalled and reinstalled the Microsoft Intellipoint software but no change. still will not bring computer out of stand by? This all started when I had to do a system restore because of other problems. Before that the mouse and stand by worked fine. Any suggestions or advice apprecieated. Thanks
Windows XP with SP2 is OS

A:Won,t come out of stand by with microsoft wiress mouse?

Well when the PC is in standby, the mouse disconnects as well, maybe you should use the keyboard to come out of standby.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/won-t-come-out-of-stand-by-with-microsoft-wiress-mouse.402428/
Relevancy 42.14%

I purchased a Microsoft Optical wheel mouse and installed the Intellipoint 4.1 software. Then I connected the mouse to the USB port. Nothing happened. I rebooted the computer and got an advice box "unknown usb device detected loading driver". I still did not have an operable mouse. Checking the device manager I found an unknown device under the usb hub. I am stuck here. I tried the mouse on another computer and it works ok. I am running windows 98SE. Where do I go from here?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys Most of you might 8/8.1 this? Windows adressing Is lag. mouse Microsoft have heard about the mouse 'lag' that was introduced with Microsoft's new OS According to some analysts the lag Windows 8/8.1 mouse lag. Is Microsoft adressing this? is described as 'negative acceleration' This weird and unpredictable acceleration curve of the mouse makes it pretty much impossible to work with with the mouse as fast and as accurate as you would be used to on previous OS'es let alone play games at the same level There are several articles on the web concerning this Here are a few Windows introduces mouse lag that renders some games unplayable Games Geek com mouse lag in video games since updating to win - Microsoft Community Seeing as there are some MVP members on here i was wondering if any of you would happen to know if this issue is actually being adressed by Microsoft at the moment I know when i was MVP myself at my previous employee i did have some strings to pull with local microsoft contacts employees just to find out stuff like this but sadly for me i work for a different employer these days in a different sector so this is no longer the case for me

A:Windows 8/8.1 mouse lag. Is Microsoft adressing this?

You can shut it off - This issue came up recently, it has to be shut off from "PC Settings" but I forget exactly where.

Same thing, the guy could not press any keys while mouse was clicked. I'll dig it up and try to get the procedure to shut it off.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34689-windows-8-8-1-mouse-lag-microsoft-adressing.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I just got a brand new Microsoft wireless mouse. It jumps around on most webpages. It does not seem to have any way to recharge? It's also very slow, and it's next to impossible to focus it on something I want to click on.

A:Microsoft wireless mouse jumps around Please help!

Normally these work with a battery. Try putting a fresh one in.

Then Enable hardware auto-updating via Windows Update (Steps 3 and 6)
then Check for UPdates, install all Important and Optional updates which might include a newer driver that may have failed to autoload when you plugged it in, or possible patches to make hardware work better.

The drivers in Win7 are pretty dated due to no SP2 and it may not be set to connect to Windows Update to check.

If that fails try a different surface - on a pad, notebook, piece of paper of different colors.

If this fails, does it work correctly in another PC?

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367807-microsoft-wireless-mouse-jumps-around-please-help.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Guys I recently bought this microsoft laser mouse quot bluetooth quot I bought it to replace my logitech laser mouse which was giving up on me after years I thought it was just because it was old that it was not working right as i tried everything i could It would work fine for a while and then the cursor would just slow down and go really slow across the screen for a few mins then it would work fine then it wouldnt and on and on Finally it stopped working alltogether so i brought it Mouse Microsoft Laser 8000 to the shop and got the microsoft one to replace it Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 I ve had it for less than a month but right from the off it is doing the same as my logitech did The cursor just randomly slows every so often and is very annoying it just gets worse and worse till i have to revert back to my cable mouse which i dont like at all So im wondering at this stage is there something wrong with my pc The logitech worked fine for nearly years I have all updated microsft mouse software and drivers I have tried uninstall and reinstall several times The microsoft mouse works via a bluetooth dongle that came with it which works fine when sending and receiving things with it I dont think its the recharable battery in it because i tried putting a brand new battery in it when it goes funny like microsoft suggest bit it still doesnt work right Ive also installed on different profiles on my pc aswell to see if any difference The mouse has a light on it thats green and goes red when battery is low on mine it is sometimes red when it is on the charger and is never on when its off the charger I have a microsoft wired keyboard aswell Im using a dell inspiron Windows Xp with sp home edition GHz mb ram I cant think of any programs i installed that would affect it either So im wondering now if i have another faulty mouse or is it something to do with my pc I really am stumped and have tried all i can think of I hope you guys can help me Thanks a mill robobobo nbsp

A:Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000

Has anyone got any ideas?
Please Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-laser-mouse-8000.707792/
Relevancy 42.14%

This is my first experience with trying to use a bluetooth device, a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse, on my Dell X8500 running Win 7 SP1. I thought it would be simple but, boy, was I wrong. I went to Add a Device as instructed but the system didn't detect it. After trying the several things suggested by the system I finally took a look at Devices and Printers and fount the Bluetooth USB Host Controller had a yellow exclamation point with it. I found the following message for the Bluetooth LWFLT Device and the Virtual Bluetooth Device.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)".

I had chased down one or two other avenues and got a message saying something like, "Windows update is not configured to download the driver."

Anyone have a way to get my Bluetooth mouse to be recognized?

Thank you very much.

Thank you.

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse Not Detected

Quote: Originally Posted by jsquareg

This is my first experience with trying to use a bluetooth device, a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse, on my Dell X8500 running Win 7 SP1. I thought it would be simple but, boy, was I wrong. I went to Add a Device as instructed but the system didn't detect it. After trying the several things suggested by the system I finally took a look at Devices and Printers and fount the Bluetooth USB Host Controller had a yellow exclamation point with it. I found the following message for the Bluetooth LWFLT Device and the Virtual Bluetooth Device.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)".

I had chased down one or two other avenues and got a message saying something like, "Windows update is not configured to download the driver."

Anyone have a way to get my Bluetooth mouse to be recognized?

Thank you very much.

Thank you.

Hi jsquareg,

Please let me know which bluetooth card is installed on the system. If it is bluetooth/wireless card then let us know the model of the same.

You would need to install bluetooth driver and application for the system. You can also check this video for updating the same on your own:

Updating Dell Drivers

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310769-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-not-detected.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
My microsoft sidewinder mouse suddenly stopped working, it will not respond to anything. It lights up and shows the dpi counter and everything else but doesn't work on my pc or any other pc I have. The drivers I could find are installed but still no response. It shows the device but doesn't work.

Any help appreciated

A:Microsoft Sidewinder mouse not working

...don't call Microsoft support without your receipt.

Unless you still have your receipt, you'll either have to settle for getting a much inferior mouse replacement (Sidewinder X3) or nothing at all.

Despite whatever the warranty and refund departments tell you (and you will have to call both), it will eventually loop back to the warranty department, which will tell you, despite earlier assurances that you'll be able to get a market-value refund without a receipt, that you'll need provide your receipt to get any kind of refund.

Otherwise, enjoy your brick of a mouse and Sidewinder X3 replacement.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130812-microsoft-sidewinder-mouse-not-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm just wondering if the desktop sets that MS do come with one Receiver for the Mouse and Keyboard, or one each?
I only ask, because i was going to buy them separatly, but I don't think that MS do a wireless keyboad thats not part of the set?

Relevancy 42.14%

Strange, seeing this is a Microsoft branded mouse, BUT yet according to "Device Manager" it is showing the correct mouse, BUT also it is saying this mouse has NO buttons, nor the ability to double click. Went over to MSDN to record this event, but couldn't find a listing for this Developers preview...very STRANGE.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/3491-microsoft-usb-mouse-scroll-wheel.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been having difficulties with my XP lately. The mouse does not seem to work now. I have tried to reinstall the software, but I cannot seem to without using the mouse. I am a little dead in the water here.
Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 42.14%

Strange, seeing this is a Microsoft branded mouse, BUT yet according to "Device Manager" it is showing the correct mouse, BUT also it is saying this mouse has NO buttons, nor the ability to double click. Went over to MSDN to record this event, but couldn't find a listing for Windows Developers preview...very STRANGE.

A:Microsoft USB mouse (scroll wheel)

uninstall the driver and reboot, tell us what you get...

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/3492-microsoft-usb-mouse-scroll-wheel.html
Relevancy 42.14%

First let me say that my Win installation is working perfectly - except for one minor problem I am currently booting Win 7 stops Microsoft mouse using a Logitech wired keyboard together with a Microsoft quot Natural quot wireless laser mouse I prefer to use a Microsoft wireless Microsoft mouse stops Win 7 booting laser mouse and this is where the problem starts If I connect this mouse while Microsoft mouse stops Win 7 booting Win is running it installs the drivers and works perfectly When I reboot the system gets through all it's POST checks then goes to quot Starting Windows quot and freezes The only solution is to change the mouse to any other I've borrowed several to try and Windows boots as normal All the correct Microsoft drivers are loaded The problem mouse works on other computers just not mine Please don't get me wrong this is not a life threatening matter and if I can't find an answer I won't exactly be heart broken I'm just curious is all Any replies will be gratefully acknowledged

A:Microsoft mouse stops Win 7 booting

Have you tried uninstalling all the drivers you downloaded and removing all the drivers in Device Manager?

Maybe the generic drivers will work better.

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/58728-microsoft-mouse-stops-win-7-booting.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi
I would be very grateful for some help with the microsoft wireless mouse 3500.

I am running Vista 64 bit and have installed the intellipoint 8.2 driver.

The mouse takes quite a while to respond after startup and coming out of sleep mode. Usually about 30 seconds.

Is there a fix for this?

Look forward to a response

Regards, jess collie

A:Microsoft wireless mouse 3500

go to hardware and right click on the mouse, there will be able to set the mouse response time after waking etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-wireless-mouse-3500-a-702899.html
Relevancy 42.14%

We had a wireless mouse on the computer that me daughter was using. She doesn't use it no more so I want to use the mouse. The problem I have is I cannot find the CD that came with it. Is there a way I can get this to work on my computer? Thanks for your time and help.

Danboy

Relevancy 42.14%

i have the usb attached, but my mouse is not working, could someone pls help out ASAP?

Relevancy 42.14%

My first thread so please be patient with me.

I have a problem with my mouse that freezes.
It mainly happens if I switch the computer power off from the socket in the wall or there is a power cut. If I switch on my computer and press any key my mouse freezes. The only way out of this is to again reboot and then delete Microsoft intellitype Pro5.2 and Intellipiont 5.2 from my computer and then again reboot.
If at a later time I get the same problem I then reboot and reload the two micosoft problems.
This problem can sometimes happen without the loss of power.

Baldrickk

A:Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Problem

Generally you should use the power button on the computer to shut down
The power button signals the motherboard that it is ready to shut down and Windows begins a series of steps to ensure that it is done correctly.
I will do things like save anything that is open.
If it doesnt know where to save something it will ask you.
It also take anything in its own memory and assure that it is safely on the HDD.

Just turning it off at the wall is the same as a power outage and important data could be lost.
I cant say for certain that this is your issue but it is possible that the driver settings arent being fully saved due to improper shut down and thus causing an issue.

On a side note I use a intellipoint mouse and never load the software for it.
When Windows starts it creates the mouse driver and works fine.

Im not certain what the intellitype software does exactly but I am using a MS keyboard with no additional software.
Perhaps your keyboard has extra keys or multimedia buttons on it but if not try to not use any software and see how it goes.

Over the years I have found that it is best to let windows decide what is best for it and not load any extra programs or drivers unless necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-keyboard-and-mouse-problem-435633.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I have Vista Home Pemium. I installed a Natural Wireless Laser 6000 mouse and Intellipoint 6.1. The mouse function is very erratic - it works well sometmes and other times you have to click a few times to get any response. Very frustrating.

Any solutions will be very welcome.

Pieter.

A:Microsoft Mouse/Vista/Intellipoint

First, because it is easy, check Device Manager and see if there are any flagged devices. Make sure to check "show hidden devices". Report any flags here.

If no flags, then you need to find out if this is hardware or software. The mouse could be bad, or there could be a problem with the software. Uninstall the software. The mouse should function as a basic PS/2 mouse without the software. I have a Logitech G7 (high-end gaming mouse) and I didn't bother to install the Logitech software. Works just fine.

Try using the mouse (with no software installed) on another computer. If the problem moves with the mouse, it's hardware. If not, software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-mouse-vista-intellipoint-198365.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have two identical monitors for one computer running Vista with two identical graphics cards. My arrow indicator jumps to the wrong monitor screen and is hard to return to the intended original monitor. Can the Microsoft Programmable Mouse, or other mouse, be programed with arrow indicator to left monitor/arrow indicator to right monitor switch? How? I have a Dell mouse now.

A:Microsoft Programable Mouse for Two Monitors

Hi and welcome to Vista Forums!

Can you tell us which graphics cards and how you have connected the monitors?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241831-microsoft-programable-mouse-two-monitors.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Microsoft Habu mouse freezes when at some game servers, I play mainly DFX and in some servers where plenty of action is going on, the "nice" mouse freezes for several seconds, about 5 to 10 seconds....specially if I swirl it.

My PC is home built with an Intel Q6750, 22 inches samsung lcd monitor, G 15 Logitech KB, 4 G memory Mushkin, GForce 280 Video card, nfORCE 780I MOBO,Thermaltake 750 PSU, several fans and a V1 cpu cooler. I run Windows XP Pro 32.

Any idea why this is happening, the driver version is 2.12 and firmware is 2.03 on the mouse. I am about to dump it to the garbage can, any suggestion about a real good and reliable mouse, cost is no issue...

Tks

A:Microsoft Habu mouse troubles

Go with a moderately priced Logitec gaming mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-habu-mouse-troubles.123378/
Relevancy 42.14%

Just got a MS Habu mouse, as I wanted a razor tech mouse, but the MS one feels wonderful. I have put it into Vista, with all software, updated to latest driver, and installed the firmware update. The problem? Damn Vista wont recognise it. If I go to mouse in control panel, it shows nothing... I get awarning panel telling me I wont get full benefit until I installan MS mouse, when I get to the the mouse bit, it tells me I have a wireless 5000... doesnt even LIST a habu.
Any ideas how to fix this? I spend good money on a MS product, and it dont work.. damn you microsoft, damn you!!

Oh.. I checked th eMS site, under drivers for habu, they apparently dont have one, not even listed.
And yes, I AM teed off

A:Habu mouse- damn microsoft!!

Have you tried here
http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=84&nav=0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/habu-mouse-damn-microsoft.668756/
Relevancy 42.14%

I always have lag on my Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 and Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 850. My keyboard has absolutely no lag at all. My mouse on the other hand, fails to meet up with where I'm trying to point. It's as if it's getting to where I point,
but then just freezes, then darts across the screen. I play a lot of fast pace action games, so this is a huge problem for me. The USB for the combo is in the front port of my computer, and it's about 2 feet from the keyboard and about 3 and a half feet from
the mouse. I'm running Windows 10, and all drivers are up to date. I put brand new batteries in the mouse, but it still lags. Please help me!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7dd67634-67a5-4022-b0e3-6c635229b919/microsoft-wireless-desktop-800-mouse-lag?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys n girls This is so annoying as it has happened before but I cannot remember how on earth I fixed it I have a Microsoft wireless mouse mobile mouse had it for years and it's worked fine except this issue once scrolling not Microsoft Mouse zooming before All of sudden tonight the mouse centre wheel starts zooming in and out instead of scrolling and left click is opening everything in a new window My trackpad on the laptop is working fine Sony Vaio laptop Win Home bit No software or hardware updates have happened nothing in particular happened I was scrolling through eBay and all of a sudden it stopped scrolling and started zooming My keys are fine the ctrl keys are not stuck down I have reset the mouse to default re-installed the mouse sworn at it threatened it with violence nothing still the same Oh and my trackpad is doing the same thing swiping it is zooming and when I try to left or right click it just freezes I Microsoft Mouse zooming not scrolling have Googled the issue and all I can see is people giving stupid responses like changing things in the registry which I am not going to entertain clearly this is something 'simple' that has happened so I am not going to mess up my laptop and start re-writing things on it Any help would be greatly appreciated I know it was something simple before but I really am so frustrated because I cannot remember what it was

A:Microsoft Mouse zooming not scrolling

Often Malware exhibits odd behavior, it's an easy thing to scan for.

AdwCleaner is a two step process. Scan then Clean

Step 1: Download and Scan

Click here to download AdwCleaner (author: Xplode)
>> save the application to your Desktop.
Right-click AdwCleaner.exe on your Desktop and select Run As Administrator to run the scanner with full privilege rights.
AdwCleaner is a standalone executable, there is no install.
Click on the Scan button.
>> AdwCleaner begins scanning your system. It might take some time to complete, be patient
When the scan has finished, click on the Report button
>> the AdwCleaner log: AdwCleaner[R#].txt is opened in your default Text editor.
[R#] gets incremented every time you run AdwCleaner - the highest number is the most recent.
Look through the log for any recognizable entries - don't worry about other details in the log.
Unitck any that you are certain about. Then clean the system

Click on the Scan button.
>> AdwCleaner begins scanning your system. It might take some time to complete.
>> You can review the objects that will be cleaned at this point of the process. Objects are grouped under the tabs. If there is something you KNOW should not be cleaned, untick the box [_] next to the object. Otherwise, go to the next step.
After the scan has finished... click on the Clean button.Answer OK to the "close all programs" prompt, then follow the onscreen prompts.
Answer OK to the "restart the computer" prompt to complete the removal process.
>> The AdwCleaner[S#].txt log is opened in your default Text editor when the machine has restarted.
[R#] gets incremented every time you run AdwCleaner - the highest number is the most recent.
Paste the entire AdwCleaner log in your next post.
AdwCleaner logs are located in the C:\AdwCleaner folder if you need to reference them again

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335434-microsoft-mouse-zooming-not-scrolling.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I dunno how else to explain it; the mouse doesnt't start right away. Activate?
I installed the drivers/software from the microsoft site, but when i re-boot my computer it takes maybe a full 2 minutes for my mouse to start working.

A:Microsoft Arc Mouse Doesn't 'Start' Right Away

Welcome

Go to device manager and make sure that the driver for the mouse is up to date and working properly.

Try another mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/88314-microsoft-arc-mouse-doesnt-start-right-away.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I purchased a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 about 9 months ago. The batteries initially lasted about 6 months. I replaced them with newly purchased batterries and they lasted about a week. It now seems that I have to replace the batteries weekly and the mouse then works fine for about another week. I even went as far as buying new and fairly expensive Energizer Lithium batteries (non-rechargable) thinking that maybe they would last longer and, again, they lasted one week. Any idea why the life of the batteries went from 6 months to one week?

A:Microsoft Mouse Battery Life

Some wireless mice use a lot more juice when sitting on dark or reflective surfaces. Make sure your using a standard style mouse pad that doesn't have a lot of dark colors in it. Otherwise you may have an issue with the mouse itself. The battery should last about 6 months. I have the 3000 series mouse and my battery last about 4 months but I am a heavy PC user.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse-battery-life.869491/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi!

I have come upon a problem wherein my Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.1 (P/N
X801524-100) will not type (or for that matter, continue to register a button press) while I am moving any mouse. Note that the mouse need not be the Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000 (P/N X806939-007) that came with it.

The same issue does not occur with the manufacturer-supplied PS/2 keyboard when used in conjunction with any of my mice.

The issue occurs on Windows Server 2008 R2 (obtained from DreamSpark), with IntelliType and IntelliPoint software/driver suits installed, and on Windows Vista, where the mouse/keyboard are merely recognized as HID-compliant mouse/keyboard.

This issue is driving me crazy, as I can not play any of my games (obviously) as they often require me to move my mouse and keyboard at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any help - if you need additional information, ask and I will add it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-use-microsoft-keyboard-while-moving-any-mouse.939318/
Relevancy 42.14%

My Bluetooth mouse is not working PC settings seems to see the mouse but cannot connect to the mouse It tries but the mouse willnot activate If the PC Settings screen says it sees the Bluetooth mouse but also says quot offline quot I remove it from the list Then I click on Microsoft Mouse 5000 Bluetooth the Bluetooth icon then click on quot add Bluetooth device quot This sends me to the PC Settings screen where I click on quot Add Device quot It looks and finds the Bluetooth mouse then tries to connect with it That process never completes It shows the device but indicates it is quot offline quot Has anyone had similar problems with the Bluetooth mouse or any other Bluetooth devices This is a bit of an issue for me because I have arthritic hands and it is Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 easier for me to use a mouse than a trackpad or my fingers The laptop is an HP TouchSmart tm It has gB memory and a gB hard drive Running Windows Consumer Beta Build The mouse worked just fine under W Rick York

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000

I use that mouse with my VAIO SR290 notebook and Windows 8.

Try removing any instance of the mouse from Devices and Printers (leftover from previous attempts). Then turn on the mouse, press the little button on the bottom to turn on "discovery" mode, then try to add the mouse again.

Best of luck to you!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/4764-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I purchased a Microsoft wireless desktop 700 a few weeks back. After installing Windows 7 64 bit, I had some trouble getting the wireless desktop started. However, I got it working after a few restarts.

For a few weeks the hardware worked just fine. since yesterday (i.e. 20-Jun-10) the wireless mouse is not working properly. The problem is:

1. The left click does not work
2. The right click works
3. the movement of the mouse is detected by windows

This happened after I got a message saying the drivers did not work properly. I don't understand what went wrong.

Anyway, I tried looking for the necessary drivers for this hardware on windows 7. I am not able to find the same online. The wireless set did not come with any CDs.

Please help. I have a legal copy of Windows 7. Do I need to reinstall the drivers from this. Can someone please guide me as I am a rookie.

Thanks,

A:Problem with Microsoft Wireless Mouse 700

Try uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager. Then reboot, and let Windows automatically install drivers.

Can you test the mouse on another machine? That way, we can confirm it is not a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/92610-problem-microsoft-wireless-mouse-700-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Installed new key & mouse.Everything worked fine for couple of weeks. then key & mouse started freezing up about once an hour. Checked sending unit and now 2 lights showing instead of one. Installed new unit and single light is on and working good for a week, then started freezing again and 2 lights on the sender.Changed the sending unit with new one and after a period of thime same problem. Stumped !
IntelPentium4 3.20GHz 1.00GB of Ram, Win.XP Pro.
Kaspersky Pro Virus Scan.

Relevancy 42.14%

well ive' got this wireless mouse and just wanted to know if other peeps with it have the same thing happen with their wireless M$ mouse. first,my mouse doesnt turn all the way off when my comp is shut down or its idle for a long time. the laser just blinks every half a second or so.is this normal? also,it scrolls kinda jerky when i use the weel on it.any one else have that prob? and just curiouse,how long will the batteries normaly last in this one.i just got it yesterday so i was just curious. the jerky scrolling gives me a headache when trying to scroll while reading and if i just didnt end up with a crappy one by bad luck,im taking it back and getting a logitech or something,screw moneysoft. thanks for the reply

A:2 Q's about microsoft's Wireless optical mouse 2.0

It's normal for the light to blink... It's jerky... The batteries don't last long... I gave mine away and bought a logitech MX and couldn't be happier. Microsoft Intellimouse stink.

The other best choices based on experience are:

Fellowes optigel optical wireless mouse, (better than logitech and Microsoft)

Gyration optical wireless mouse, The range is killer, and can be used in mid-air, but kinda odd feel when useing on a mousepad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-qs-about-microsofts-wireless-optical-mouse-2-0.185766/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have just bought the HP pavilion and a microsoft bluetood arc mouse. Love the mouse BUT it keeps turning off and you have to turn on and off to get it to work again. I have searched for answers with most saying it is a power saving option however there is no option on the mouse for power saving selection. If anyone could this would be great otherwise its going back to the shop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Microsoft-Bluetooth-Arc-Mouse-keeps-turning-off/td-p/5766921
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
When my Windows 98 Second Edtion starts in the "Safe Mode", my Logitech mouse (First mouse,3 button) is driven by the Microsoft device driver. Can this driver be used to drive the mouse even in the normal mode by replacing the Logitech device drivers with it therein?

If yes, then can you please tell me the location and the file-name of the Microsoft device driver and how to replace the Logitech one with it?

Thank you.

A:Microsoft device driver for mouse

You could just go to control panel and delete the drivers from the mouse then reboot to see if windows will pick it up and install its own drivers. You will need the cd for 98 and that is no guarantee that the drivers are even on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-device-driver-for-mouse.160173/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have this great mouse and it works okay with the generic driver with Windows 7. However the software it came with lets you program the buttons and also see the power left in the batteries and the wireless strength.

If I install the software it came with the scrolling is not adjustable. It's way too slow. I can't deal with it because the scrolling is so slow but I want the extra capabilities the software has.

I have tried other USB ports for the signal-sender it comes with, replaced the batteries, cleaned the mouse, ect......

I think it has something to do with the software or maybe Windows 7. It works fine in Vista.

Has anyone seen this? Do you know what might fix it? All I need is to make it scroll faster. Is there something besides the registry I can do?
EDIT: HERE IS THE ANSWER FOR ANYONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/windows7/support.mspx

A:Microsoft wireless mouse 5000

The Wireless Mouse 5000 is advertised as working on a wide variety of surfaces. Unfortunately, on every surface (rubber mouse pad, gel mouse pad, plain paper, desktop surface, etc.) the mouse will function normally for a while and then the pointer becomes sluggish and unpredictable. I initially installed the IntelliType 7.1 software that came with the mouse and tried the fix suggested by MS, which is to uninstall the 7.1 and install the 8.01 version of the software for Windows 7.

The mouse exhibts the same problems with version 8.01 as with 7.1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/11014-microsoft-wireless-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My laptops trackpad (all features) have stopped working.

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

I have a new powerbook and am running Windows 7 on a partitioned hard drive via bootcamp. Once I installed the Microsoft mouse the laptops hardware stopped working.

Previously (on past computers) both would work together, which is annoying but better than no trackpad. I unplugged the mouse from the USB port but the trackpad still does not work then. I uninstalled the mouse's driver and still the trackpad does not work.

I have been all through the control panel and devices but I cannot find what I am looking for.

All help is appreciated,
rand

A:I installed a Microsoft optical mouse, but...

The trackpad driver may need re-installing, that's all.
Check Device Manager for an error symbol against "Mice & other pointing devices".
If it shows an error then the driver needs re-installing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-installed-a-microsoft-optical-mouse-but-562853.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. Every 5 minutes it lags and the lagging lasts for 20 secs, which is annoying as hell. How do I fix this?

A:Microsoft Mouse Lags every 5 Minutes - How Do I Fix It?

Is it only that mouse? Are you using a mouse pad? Have you tried a different USB port?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61078-microsoft-mouse-lags-every-5-minutes-how-do-i-fix.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My system wont recongize my Notebook mouse. When i try i install it, when it "searches" for it the icon for the mouse shows up, i select it, but it wont complete the installtion. Ive only had it for a year, it worked like a charm with Windows Xp.

So...do i have a $60 paperweight or should i just hold out until MS fixes this prioblem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239517/microsoft-bluetooth-notebook-mouse-5000/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello All

I have a desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro.
It all worked correctly up to the latest three weeks.
Suddenly my mouse started jumping and having some erratic movements. I changed the batteries, the drivers and the mouse itself but the problem still remains.
Looked up for viruses and/or malware using several programs and still nothing detected.
Looked up the Internet and tried all the answers to similar problems and the problem persists.
While doing all this I noticed that while in some windows such as Malwarebytes or Chessbase 2009 the problem didn't arise.
Started the PC in "security mode with network" and the problem didn't appear.
Removed all mouse drivers and reinstalled new versions and all reappeared.
Don't know what to do more to solve this problem.
Can You help me, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/erratic-mouse-jumps-in-microsoft-applications.1081593/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse, I love it for the most part. The scroll wheel is frustrating me at the moment, when I roll it it is not very smooth, this doesnt really bother me, the issue is when I scroll down a web page etc the smallest movement on the wheel scrolls down most of the page. I have tried updating the software and have played with the settings but cant seem to work it out.
Does anyone else have an X8 or any ideas what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance.

A:Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse wheel issues.

you have to clean the mouse roller inside

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236369-microsoft-sidewinder-x8-mouse-wheel-issues.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi People, very simple question. Maybe I could get an answer to my question that I should had asked when I was buying. This wireless mouse uses two "AA" batteries or rechargeable batteries. Question: What about turning it off for the night or whenever I leave my computer? So that I don?t change them every two-three days. Thank you for your help with such a stupid question.

A:Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000

The mouse should go into a low power mode so it doesn't use that much battery power.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/188848-microsoft-wireless-laser-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm running Windows 8.1 and using a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse. I've been using it for months and had no issue until recently. Now, it keeps disconnecting.

If I open Bluetooth settings in the metro settings app, the mouse immediately connects and begins working. If I then minimize the settings, the mouse seems to keep working as long as I keep moving the cursor continually. If I take my hand off the mouse for just a second, it disconnects until I open the Bluetooth settings menu again.

Anyone heard of this before? What can I try?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse Loosing Connection

Have you tried new batteries? I have 4 of the MS Sculpt Comfort mice and if they start acting flaky I know it's time to change the batteries.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63236-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-loosing-connection.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,I bought a Microsoft Designer Mouse and Keyboard combo, and, while the keyboard is nicley connected, the mouse will not.I?m guessing that for some unknown reason ? the Intel Bluetooth chip in the X250 ?decides? to use a ?low-energy Driver? for that mouse ???But it should not be so?.The mouse does indeed ?pair?, but the correct driver does not ?match up? with the mouse ?And so, it does not respond. I tried several versions of the Intel Bluetooth driver ? up to and including the very latest from Intel ?But, still, the mouse will not work. HELP!!!ThanksRon

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Microsoft-BLuetooth-Designer-Mouse-not-connecting/td-p/3396322
Relevancy 41.71%

I have bought computer secondhand and it come with no drivers. Have just done fresh install of Win2000 and it wont pick up the mouse, i dont know though if its the mouse doesnt work or it needs a driver.
Found a driver online but they wanted to charge 8 dollars for it.

Thanks
Belinda

A:Solved: Need microsoft cordless mouse driver

Hi Belyama,

You stated that it's a Microsoft Cordless Mouse. Didja check out the Microsoft Download Software Site?
Check it out:

http://windows.about.com/gi/dynamic...www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/download.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-microsoft-cordless-mouse-driver.442442/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just need to know if the Trackball Mouse cables Microsoft and compatible? USB cable in a Microsoft button optical mouse ends in an internal plastic plug I have a Microsoft Microsoft Mouse and Trackball cables compatible? button optical trackball with a broken wire than can t be repaired When I looked online to buy a replacement only then did I lean Microsoft stopped making selling their optical trackball s WTF so there are no replacement parts out there to be had They are so rare now even broken trackballs fetch a premium I opened it up to see if I could fix it and the cable ends in a simple five-connector plug so fixing my trackball couldn t be easier If only I could find a replacement cable Microsoft still makes sells their button optical mice but doesn t sell parts If it uses the same cable I figure I can buy a cheap one just for the cord and use it in my trackball Anyone out there ever open up their Microsoft button optical mouse that can confirm for me if the cable just plugs in inside nbsp

A:Microsoft Mouse and Trackball cables compatible?

Go ahead and try the cable... I hope the wire color codes are the same. I use a wireless Logitech. Maybe it's time for you to switch to a wireless mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-and-trackball-cables-compatible.84514/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just bought an OEM Toshiba laptop, running Vista Home. Out of the box not a problem with Vista, but because I HATE touchpads, I bought a Microsoft corded optical mouse, and when I plug it in, I get a message from Vista, that a USB device has malfunctioned. But I know that's crap, cause when I plug it into my desktop CP machine, it works fine.
I have installed all Vista upgrades, and updated the Toshiba thru their website, but I still can't get a MICROSOFT MOUSE TO WORK WITH A MICROSOFT OPERATING SYSTEM.

Thanx and best regards

MK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse-doesnt-work-with-vista.713813/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey everybody I know its been a while since I have last posted in the forums but I am having an issue with my wireless mouse in which everytime I plug it into my laptop it says USB Device Not Recognized and I have no idea on how to fix it or why Microsoft Mouse Working Wireless Not 1000 it is popping up like this I have searched everytwhere for a solution and not getting nowhere and I went into Windows Update to see if I was missing drivers or software for the device and that didn't do any good because nothing showed up there Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 Not Working I even tried to connect this device to another computer and got nowhere so then I decided to come here in hopes Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 Not Working of somebody who might be able to help me figure this problem out because I am going to have to start using it because the left click button on my touchpad is not working as good as it did when I first bought the laptop thanks for the help

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 Not Working

Hi if mouse did not eo t k on another computer then I would say mouse is fualty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/389454-microsoft-wireless-mouse-1000-not-working.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I just installed a MS optical mouse, think it's really from Intellipoint(?). It plugs into my mouse bus port but looks like it has a USB adapter to allow to do this. Anyway, I noticed that the mouse pointer is blinking rather than just a solid arrow. Does this indicate anything abnormal? Reason I ask I'm pursueing answers to some performance problems with W98SE, low sys resources, out of memory conditions, system hangs for periods in the minutes. Also, when I unplug y USB wireless adapter, which is physically below the mouse port, the blinking stops!! Talked with Linksys techie and he thought there might be a power issue?!? I have a USB port hub but my adapter won't work plugged into it with the hubs power supply on. ANy explanations would be appreciated.

A:Microsoft Optical mouse pointer blinks

Can't you just plug it direct to the USB port or to the hub??????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-optical-mouse-pointer-blinks.167688/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just wore out the rubber of the wheel on my wireless Microsoft Mouse. Where do I get a new Microsoft Wireless Mouse? It came with a wireless keyboard & dongle, but I just need the new mouse.

A:I just wore out the rubber on my wireless Microsoft Mouse

I wasn't sure which kind you wanted, so I found this:

https://www.google.com/search?client...mouse&tbm=shop

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41953-i-just-wore-out-rubber-my-wireless-microsoft-mouse.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 7000 that I am using. Sometimes the cursor just sticks and won't move properly and I can't figure out why. I am trying to use it about 10-12 feet from the tower where the receiver is plugged in. When I use the mouse about 2 feet from the receiver it works fine. I thought this mouse was suppose to cover a 30 foot distance. I also have the router right next to the mouse's wireless receiver and not sure if the 2.4 GHZ Frequency interferes. I have tried new batteries and downloading updated drivers, but had no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse with patchy performance!

You have pretty much determined its a distance issue. Distance can vary by the quality of the hardware and any interference within the room. Not too mention it's a notebook mouse, so the primary concern wasn't in achieving great distance.

Is the receiver out in the open?

I know on my computer case, the case extends out beyond the rear USB ports for the receiver and the mouse hardly worked 2 ft away. It worked fine when attached to the front panel of the case, but that wasn't conveinent so I used a USB extension cable to move the receiver under my desk over by the mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-mouse-with-patchy-performance.1069462/
Relevancy 41.71%

About 25% of the time my wireless Laser Mouse 5000 is not recognized on bootup with the RC.  I had the same problem with the Beta.  The only way to get my mouse to function is to reboot. I have installed the Beta mouse driver, but the problem persists. This is a 64 bit system (hardware & OS).  The mouse properties consistently reports good battery & wireless signal.  This problem never occurs with my XP X64 on the same dual-booting machine.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3a830f3a-966f-43de-8279-efbcfa342ca9/wireless-microsoft-mouse-intermittantly-not-recognized?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 41.71%

1. Red lights stay on when computer is off...unless I unplug or turn off power in back on PSU. (My friend Jbray, across the street has the same mouse and his turns off at normal shutdown.)

2. Pointers are appearing in programs when they are not supposed to(in some games and screen savers).

Relevancy 41.71%

I just bought a used Microsoft Serial mouse over the internet through an auction because I have a really old baby AT motherboard and it only have one AT keyboard port and nothing at all for the mouse. Anyway, it's just a basic two-button Microsoft mouse with no scroll wheel, but I plug it in and Windows starts up saying it is detecting some new PS/2 compatible mouse. Then, it says it can't see any mouse hooked up to the computer. So I'm guessing I need a driver for it, but I can't find one. So, if anybody knows where I can download a driver for a serial two-button Microsoft mouse, I'd REALLY appreciate it, as navigating through Windows is a real task with only a keyboard!

Thanks again.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I purchased this off of Amazon, but the logo looks un-Microsoft like. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could tell?

A:Does this Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse look genuine?

I just checked the main Microsoft Hardware site and it appears it has this type of font on it, so it might be genuine.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/62184-does-microsoft-basic-optical-mouse-look-genuine.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I ve had a DELL laptop for awhile and have long since had problem optical notebook Microsoft wireless mouse with the sporadic mysterious quot scrolling mouse quot SO far as I have learned it is a known problem without a TRUE fix thus I use an alternate mouse months ago I began using a Microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse And its been GREAT However weeks ago it stopped working or I should say connecting Changed batteries no help Seems to work sporadically it will connect sometime and then I ll later get the error quot USB device not recognized One of the USB devices to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it quot It then ceases to work Other times this message appears once I plug it in On the M support site is says to ensure that the hidparse sys hidclass sys and hid one I forgot sys files are in the appropriate folder done I ve searched other forums about this and didn t see a good fix for this Anyone with any thoughts THanks in advance nbsp Microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse

A:Microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse

The "USB device has malfunctioned" error suggests to me that it's a hardware error in the mouse, and time for a new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-notebook-optical-mouse.447367/
Relevancy 41.71%

The desktop USB fan I am using when turned on has started to cause the mouse cursor to lag. I would like to know what the reason is behind this.

Should I just get a new mouse?

A:USB Desktop Fan is making my Microsoft Wired Mouse Lag

I suspect that the USB fan may be overloading the USB port. I would connect it to a powered USB hub.

You might also try connecting it to another USB port.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392433-usb-desktop-fan-making-my-microsoft-wired-mouse-lag.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Possibly bug in Microsoft Security Essentials in an update. The left (or right) mouse button take extra click(s) to work. I originally thought it was the mouse going bad, I switched mouse buttons in the control panel the same thing happen to the other button. I disabled real time scan briefly, then it worked a lot better. Anyway to report this bug?

A:Possible Mouse bug in Microsoft Security Essentials in an update

I have MSE and do not have the mouse button problem you have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/360041-possible-mouse-bug-microsoft-security-essentials-update.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Comfort Optical MS mouse, PC details in Rig Specs...

anyway, before installing intellipoint software, pressing the wheel button down, while browsing websites, enabled a circle on the pointer, where you could move the mouse up or down to scroll the site... now intellipoint has changed it to the 3D Flip... what is the previous action called? and how do i get it back if the option is not listed in the intellipoint drop down for available commands?

A:Microsoft Intellipoint mouse - quick question

Open your mouse options in the control panel and set the wheel button to "middle click".

It should be possible to have settings specific to an application. I have my browser settings for middle click, but my standard setting is for the default.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221612-microsoft-intellipoint-mouse-quick-question.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently got a Microsoft Mouse 1000 wireless mouse
Great reviews on Amazon - but I'm not impressed
Seems super basic
Wish I'd gone for something else

The scrolling really sucks
When I move the wheel it seems to scroll just one line at a time
I've tried changing general mouse settings and have that set so that scrolling takes 10 lines at a time
This has no effect

Does anyone know how to change?

Thanks
OM

A:How do I adjust scrolling for Microsoft Mouse 1000?

Did you install intellipoint?
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-adjust-scrolling-for-microsoft-mouse-1000.1071457/
Relevancy 41.71%

I lost the USB transceiver from my Microsoft Wireless Mouse and Keyboard 2000.

I contacted Microsoft but they don't sell the USB's by themselves - I would have to re-purchase the whole keyboard and mouse set again.

No one is selling the transceiver on eBay either. I'm wondering if there is some other kind of transceiver I can use instead - or maybe is it possible to just use regular old bluetooth?

A:Lost transceiver USB for Microsoft keyboard & mouse

Sad to say You are pretty much stuck buying a new Mouse and Keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-transceiver-usb-for-microsoft-keyboard-mouse.1126775/
Relevancy 41.71%

When i push the scroll button in mozilla firefox to open a new tab, my desktop is like that
can anyone tell me how to fix it? thank you.

A:Problem with microsoft basic optical mouse

Did you check the button settings for the mouse in Control Panel? They may not be set for what Firefox expects.

Check Firefox help and see what it expects for the function, then see what the mouse is set for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-microsoft-basic-optical-mouse.596603/