Windows Support Forum

HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed

Q: HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed

Hi Guys About months ago my laptop started to act up The screen would get jumpy horizaontal lines flashign across it and then it would cut out altho lights are still on the screen would needed advice of crashes, sure Inspiron not HP cause, be black I would turn it off and turn it on and it may not happen again for a HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed day week or even month Now things have worsened it now happens every session often failing to start altogether The jumping has worsened too it can become heavily pixalated and distorted making a weird noise as if the audio has been caught while it froze Sometimes the screen goes black and the audio continues as normal for a few seconds then dies too Sometimes a blue screen appears telling me it is dumping physical memory this scares me so i usually turn it off quickly Im noit sure if the following is correlation or causation but occasionally this jumping and freezing etc is brought about by me moving the screen of laptop slightly IT does seem to last longer if i have the laptop some where stationary All in all im very confused i brought it to a repair shop and he told me it was not the hardrive so must be the motherboard and therefore v expensive I didnt really get the trusting vibe off him so im worried hes just saying that so i spend big cash with him Im trying to decide what the problem is any ideas If it is the motherboard is it worth fixing If i do buy a new laptop is there any resale in mine for parts If you require any further details im happy to try but i dont have much computer knowledge hence why my title is not very techy Cheers guys Shane nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed

"HP Inspiron crashes"...

You must mean Dell Inspiron, don't you? What is the model or service tag number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-inspiron-crashes-not-sure-of-cause-advice-needed.179414/
Relevancy 52.03%

hello
I hope someone can help me. I currently work as a Field Support Engineer for the Post Office, but I will soon be changing jobs and working for a local secondary school as Network Manager.
There appears to have been no documenting of the network as it has grown, as many different people have been administering at different times.
I would like your views on how to approach this situation, causing the least amount of disturbance to the network but enabling me to gather as much info as possilbe.

many thanks to you all in advance

marc

A:{Advice offered} - Advice needed

Greetings

My advice: Go in on a weekend and re-install everything

Ok, now onto more practical advice:

Firstly, get a picture of the network. This means getting a floorplan of the buildings, walking around going from room to room, and writing down the number of PCs, the software OS (and service pack level, if applicable) installed, current hardware installed and the router they connect to.

Do the same for your servers. It is vitally important to know what hardware is in each PC, and what the specs of the PC are.

Next, you need to get a Logical map of your network. This is a picture of the IP addresses of the Routers, printers and servers (and workstations, if you are not using DHCP), and where the different subnet's are situated. You need to see what services are installed on your Servers (WINS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Proxy etc). At this time, it is also a good idea to get a list of the accounts on the Server. You need to see which accounts are being used to run certain services, and make sure that only Service accounts are running those services. Next, you need to take away any user accounts that no longer correspond to people using the system (ie. if Mr Bradshaw last worked at the school 5 years ago, it is time to delete his user account). Ditto with any user home drives assigned to defunct users.

Lastly, you need to compile a list of discepancies. Look at your list created in the forst step, and get an idea of what a standard PC is (ie: Standard PC = at least Pent 200, minimum 32 Megs RAM, 4 Gig HD, CD-ROM, 100 Meg Network Card, DHCP IP address, WINS enabled, Win98 First Edition, Office 97 SP2, IE5.0, McAfee 4 {Scan Engine 4.0.26 Definition file 4038}). Once you have decided on what is the current base, you need to see which PCs are below that spec: if all the workstations in one room have 32 Megs of RAM except for one PC which has 16 Megs, it needs to be noted. If all PCs use DHCP, except for one room, which are all on a different subnet, and have static IP addresses, it needs to be noted. Once you have a list of discrepancies, you should talk to your supervisor: First about bringing those PCs that are woefully under spec to some semblance of usability, and then see where you can upgrade slowly the software (get McAfee or Norton Antivirus up to the latest scan engine and virus definition files, Office to the latest service pack etc).

This might take a while, but use the time to try and clean out all the bumpf (old programs, data, etc - just make sure that it is junk before you get rid of it) that accumulates especially from the server.

I hope that gets you started

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-advice-needed.29141/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am a novice to repairing hardware but have been expanding my skills recently tried repairing a broken dc jack on my mom s Dell Inspiron laptop I had no previous soldering experience but thought I d done enough research and watched enough YouTube videos to motherboard Inspiron soldering advice for 1501 Dell Need get the gist problem is I tried out different soldering Need advice for soldering Dell Inspiron 1501 motherboard irons and couldn t really make a dent in getting the existing soldering off of the component and board The rd iron I used was an Elenco -watt soldering station temp turned to max I tried soldering wick Chipquick adding new solder you name it I tried it Nothing would get this stuff to budge like in any video I d watched What am I missing In doing research for a better iron I have only seen suggestions to NOT go over watts yet this didn t do the trick What gives I did eventually get the solder off and attempted to solder on a replacement jack but when I plugged in the laptop it tripped the circuit on the AC adapter so obviously there s a bad connection I threw in the towel and ordered a replacement board off of Ebay which ended up having a bad RAM socket ARGH I m now mustering the courage to attempt a repair of the original board if it s even still good at this point but I don t know where to go from here regarding the right soldering iron solder etc Any tips or advice for working on this type of board I did read something about motherboards with an Intel Pentium CPU or after greatly affecting heat dissipation or something but I did see guys online successfully doing this like it was cake nbsp

A:Need advice for soldering Dell Inspiron 1501 motherboard

Can you post an photo of your soldering?I'm not sure if I can help, but an image might help us understand what you are looking at.

I solder quite often, and have done repair work such as you are attempting. I do know it is easiest to when there is only one solder joint to contend with. One joint such as a wire you can pull the wire as you heat and once hot enough the wire will pull free. Several solder joints are a different ballgame. There are two choices, and one choice I've never had the equipment to do so. Heating every join at the same time, can be done by blowing hot air across the component. I've never had the equipment for it, so I've been left with the choice of cleaning each joint one at a time. I noticed this is how you were attempting solder removal.

Solder tips must be clean and prepped for use. A trashy tip can cause an insulated barrier and prevent heating of the solder joint. Always tin your tips with a tad of solder before you ever use it the first time. If you don't tin your tip, you will always have trouble using it.
Pre-heat the tip so you are not waiting and possibly causing damage to the solder joint and/or component. Spending too much time on a solder joint is never a good idea. You want to heat the joint as quickly as possible without heating everything else.
On removal with the wick, the wick needs to be just as clean as the solder tip or it will not absorb any of the solder. A little bit of soldering flux may help the wick absorb. But if the wick has already been used, it is doubtful it will work again.
Soldering flux is always helpful when soldering joints back in place anyway. Especially on surfaces that have not been soldered previously. It doesn't take much, a finger smear is plenty sufficient. however on multi-strand wire you will want enough flux to absorb into the strands of the wire.
Don't bubble your joint, all you need is a slim joint connection. More solder will do nothing for the joint. Watch for solder beads, that can unexpectedly drop off your tip cause shorts.
One last piece of advice, soldering is no different than welding metal. Solder will not stick unless both surfaces are heated. If you only heat one side of the joint, solder will not stick to the other side. It's usually a better to try and heat the larger surface first as the smaller heats up more quickly. It's the timing of both surfaces that you want heated at the same time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-for-soldering-dell-inspiron-1501-motherboard.195091/
Relevancy 47.73%

Long story short my sister gave Inspiron Advice Hard Please. Failure. Need 660s: Drive me an Inspiron s that she received as a gift a few years ago fully legit nbsp She said it wasn t working anymore and I could have it nbsp I suspected a failed hard drive and after several diagnostic tests later it was confirmed the the original WD Blue had Inspiron 660s: Hard Drive Failure. Need Advice Please. crashed full failure Now here is where I need advice When she received it it did not come with a physical Windows OS disk nbsp It was pre-installed and then later upgrading via her work s IT department nbsp to I cannot access the Windows code as it is in the BIOS I have a working laptop hard drive with Windows installed and tried hooking it up to see if it would take realizing that this was a long shot at best nbsp As you probably concluded it wasn t recognized I was thinking of wiping one of my hard drives and doing a clean install of Windows Question With a new hard drive or possibly an SSD would work or would I still have issues with the BIOS and embedded Windows product code Question What would you suggest that I should try nbsp It is a Nice small system and everything is clean and stable nbsp I have someone who is in need of a system but cannot afford one and I thought I would give her something that would meet her needs Thanks

A:Inspiron 660s: Hard Drive Failure. Need Advice Please.

ROUTE29
re: 4. I was thinking of wiping one of my hard drives and doing a clean install of Windows 10.
Yes, this should work, but for this you will need to buy either a OEM copy of W-10, that has it's own product key.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-windows-10-home-64-bit-windows/4423102.p?skuId=4423102
https://softwarekeep.com/microsoft-windows-10-home-edition-32-bit.html?gclid=CNXh5ev3wc8CFQGSaQod5A4LMQ
The free upgrade version of W-10, from either Windows 8, 8.1, 7 ended on July 26.   
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993751
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I just purchased a new, dell inspiron 15 and have no clue where to begin when it comes to upkeep and keeping all of my programs to date. I also know i need to get programs for deframintation and things like that, witch is also a field I know nothing about. Advice welcome.

A:Inspiron 15 First Time Computer Owner Requesting Advice

Since it's new, I'll assume the Operating System is Windows 8.1. Click on this link for Windows 8.1 for Dummies. You can get a free download or order it in Print form. It will tell you way more than you want to know about using your computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60105-inspiron-15-first-time-computer-owner-requesting-advice.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys,
After 6 months of use, the left hinge on my 7559 has decided to give up. 
I've followed official manual to open the laptop and see what wrong.
Here's a photo and a video showing how 2 of the 3 screws holding the left hinge have failed:

drive.google.com/open
As you can see, the yellow copper thingies that hold the screws (not sure how they're properly called) have been pulled out of the bottom case. Only one screw that goes through fan and into palmrest is still holding up.
Could you give any advice on the best way to repair it? Would I need to get a replacement bottom case or is there way to just get new yellow copper thingies and put them in the sockets in the bottom case?

Cheers!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983587
Relevancy 47.73%

I am not very computer literate.I have purchased a used Dell latitude LXPi CD M166ST on ebay.Seller advertised it works great!There was no power cord with the computer &the battery is evidently dead.Should I dispute this purchase through ebay or buy a power cord for it & see if it works?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi to all of you I have been reading your excellent site for a while and have learned a lot of stuff I have a couple of questions for starters I have purchased an Olympus Advice A Of Needed Bit C digital camera and need a few accessories Firstly the Smart card is only a mb one I went to Dixons and asked for the upgrades they quoted for a mb card and for a mb card I have looked in a PC mag and have seen these much cheaper My question is are they made for each brand as all I see in the adverts are the card without it stating any particular brand I would like a mb card ideally but would do with the mb card if I have to pay Dixons prices Second question A Bit Of Advice Needed is storage My idea is to save all pictures to a master folder hopefully on a disc separate from the hard drive a CDwriter is my next purchase At the moment I am storing the originals in a folder if I then use MGI photosuite I can make a thumbnail record of each set of pictures for easy access If I then transfer the files to disc I presume the filepath will be broken and my thumnails won t expand on MGI as they won t be able to locate the folders on disc I presume I would be better of creating the thumbnail albums when my originals are saved to disc so that the filepath will be correct Is this the best way of keeping photos a set of originals and then when I enhance any of them save them again as another filename so keeping the originals untouched I have been using the default HQ setting on the camera which only gets pictures ideally I would like to use the TIFF setting for special photos and then be able to store the full uncompressed photo to disc Until I get a MB card this isn t really feasible as I can only get picture on the mb card I have Thanks in advance for any advice help you can give I ll be picking someones brains about CDwriters shortly if that s ok nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all,

Could you give some advice,
Whilst looking around for a reason and possible cure for the slowing down of my computer,ie: Very slow boot and also takes ages sometimes for websites to load from desktop icons.
I do the regular disk clean and defrag. but it`s getting very frustrating just waiting for pages to load.
Anyway as I say,while looking around I came across PC Pitstop Optimiser at a price of $30 which say`s it will clean up my computer of any nasties and also improve performance.

My question being,"Is it worth it,or just a waste of money,and is there another way of curing my problems ?.

I am fairly new and not very computer literate,so any answers will have to be put in very simple terms.
Thanks for any help you can give,it would be much appreciated,
Thanks,

Vern.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there

I have a HT log from a friend on another forum I use.
I have used cwshredder to get rid of a search/homepage jacking
and have the second HJ log file.

I think I have identified some problems and I would like some further help/advice on how to proceed.

There are a couple of things I am not sure about and my search on google has revealed a possible virus/trojan issue.

If I post the HT log file would someone be kind enough to help me out please.

I am learning how to help people with these annoying hijacks and would welcome some further advice if that is possible.
Regards zzedd

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all below is my dxdiag for my computer and i was just wondering if anyone can tell me where i can get the driver updates for my computer as it seems to be running a bit needed Advice slowly lately and sometimes it crashes when i play games like RCT etc Advice needed Thanks in advanced for any replys to this post ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name SIMON Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Packard Bell BV System Model BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab Advice needed No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce SE Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce SE DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV D amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-FA - F C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x D SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D ModeWMV B ModeWMV A Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek HD Audio output Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RtkHDAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I ... Read more

A:Advice needed

Even if you were to update any drivers from the makers site ie: for the Realtek or the Nvidia, this is NOT the cause of the system running slowly. It may, if the drivers have a slight enhancement for the Nvidia make RCT (whatever it is - I am not a gamer) play a little smoother OR if by the slighest chance there was a bug in the particular driver you are using stop the crash with that game. However that is extemely unlikely.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_197.45_whql.html
Here is the link for the latest driver for the 7300SE.
CHECK when you get to the link that it has stayed ON THE CORRECT page, if it has not simply select GeForce and series 7 and your Operating System ie: XP presumably 32 bit so that is just XP as against XP 64 bit and then check that the driver offered is for the 7300SE.
Try this driver first, BUT I will be amazed if it solves anything.
Post back, when you have tried the driver.
You may EDIT out all the dxdiag log, it is NOT required, whoever is helping will ask for the info ONLY as it is needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-needed.922092/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys. My IE was hijacked last night by search-area.com.
I tried various methods to remove it, many of which are already listed previously. I manually altered the HKCU keys, but no luck.

I found out that search-area.com is registered to a company called directi. I also have the details of their hosting company.
I emailed directi and asked for help. I haven't received a reply yet. I am contemplating contacting their service provider under their abuse department.

Good idea? Anyone got any comment?

Relevancy 47.73%

hey guys

I'm thinking about running two OS on my pc. I'm already running windows xp Home SP3, but I want to look into having the option of booting windows 7 also.
Does anyone know of the memory needed, tools needed, and whether its worth it?

Thanks

A:Advice Needed :)

You need a minumum of 2gb RAM. There are other system requirements...I suggest that you read this article from the Windows 7 capability center and at the very least run the free scan...As for dual booting 7 with XP...You'll love it...It's really crisp and clean...http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibi.../en-us/faq.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280435/advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.73%

As I only ever use MSN Messenger my son told me how to remove Windows messenger by unticking the box in the quot Add Remove Windows Components / Help Advice Needed quot Unfortunately I made a pigs ear of it by doing exactly the opposite ie I unticked all the other boxes and left the Windows Messenger one ticked I clicked apply and ok and imediately realised my mistake I went back and reversed what I had done but since then I worry that I may not have reticked all the boxes I should have I have XP Home edition Help / Advice Needed SP upgraded to Help / Advice Needed SP and kept up to Help / Advice Needed date via automatic updates installed on my PC Can anyone tell me what should be ticked and what not Mine now looks as Follows Accessories and Utilities ---------Ticked Fax Services -----------------------Unticked Indexing Services ------------------Ticked Internet Explorer --------------------Ticked Management amp Monitoring Tools --Ticked MSN Explorer ------------------------Unticked Networking Services ---------------Ticked Other Network File amp Print Serv ---Unticked Outlook Express ---------------------Unticked Update Root Certificates -----------Ticked Windows Media Player -------------Ticked Windows Messenger ---------------Unticked Is there anything I have left unticked that should be To correct my mistake I needed my XP installation CDROM and found out that it had mysteriously got a crack in it I managed to borrow one from my son-in-law to do the repair but would like to find out if Microsoft have any sort of repair replace type of policy regarding accidental breakages or have I no other option than to buy a replacement Thanks in advance for any help offered Bluesjunior

A:Help / Advice Needed

My default install of XP Pro has these boxes checked:

Accessories and Utilities
Internet Explorer
MSN Explorer
Networking Services
Outlook Express
Update Root Certificates
Windows Media Player
Windows Messenger

IMO, I'd uncheck MSN Explorer and Windows Messenger tho'

Good luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85889/help-advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.73%

I don't know if it's my system or the way the programs are installed.I have,
ASUS motherboard
ati 9550 (CATALYST 5.3 and CATALYST Control Center)
512mb DDR ram
cd rom52x
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+ 1.79GHz
40 gig samsung
110 gig wdc wd400
300w power supply

my problem is that i play battlefeild 1942 and the game is very sticky, my computer meets the reqerments and a lot more. Anyone please help advice,
I tried everything i know.

p.s. I woun't/ will not reformat my computer and start from sctrach.

A:Advice needed!!!

I think maybe your psu needs upgrading 300w is not that much for what you are running.

A 400 to 450 watt psu will be better able to cope.

Get a good quality one maybe Antec or Themaltake etc

Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-needed.23703/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2011

Every couple of months or so I've run into this virus and each time it is getting harder to get rid of (the last time I had to restore to factory settings and even then it wasn't fully gone). I was wondering if there is an anti-virus programme that'll block this from downloading itself onto my machine before it's too late?

I currently have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Windows Security Essentials, SUPERantispyware and Hitman Pro all installed. Is this too many and is there any better alternatives out there?

Thanks

ritchie

A:Advice Needed

Choosing a security toolkit with anti-virus, firewall and anti-malware programs is a matter of personal preference, your needs, your technical ability and experience, features offered, user friendliness, ease of updating (and upgrading to new program release), ease of installation/removal, available technical support from the vendor and price. Other factors to consider include detection rates and methods, scanning engine effectiveness, how often virus definitions are updated, the amount of resources the program utilizes, how it may affect system performance and what will work best for your system. A particular anti-virus that works well for one person may not work as well for another. You may need to experiment and find the one most suitable for your use and your system. There is no universal "one size fits all" solution that works for everyone and there is no best anti-virus. For more specific information to consider, please read Choosing Your Anti-virus Software and How to choose a firewall.No single product is 100% foolproof and can prevent, detect and remove all threats at any given time. Just because one anti-virus detected threats that another missed, does not mean its more effective. The security community is in a constant state of change as new infections appear. Security vendors use different scanning engines and different detection methods such as heuristic analysis or behavioral analysis which can account for discrepancies in scanning outcomes. Depending on how often the anti-virus database is updated can also account for differences in threat detections. Further, each vendor has its own definition of what constitutes malware and scanning your computer using different criteria will yield different results. The fact that each program has its own definition files means that some malware may be picked up by one that could be missed by another. Thus, a multi-layered defense using several anti-spyware products (including an effective firewall) to supplement your anti-virus combined with common sense, safe computing and safe surfing habits provides the most complete protection.Important Tip: Always remember that security begins with personal responsibility.If you keep getting reinfected you may want to read How Malware Spreads - How did I get infected which explains the most common ways malware is contracted and spread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394916/advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a problem that has arise in the last couple of weeks and it seems to be getting wose. At first it was just when watching youtube videos, the video would freeze up, for a second or two, while the sound played on and then the video catched up. Now it is to the point that when I try to open any program it doesn't want to open or lags really bad. I have scaned for virus malware and spyware but have found only cookies and gorila price, but no virus or trojans. My machine used to run smooth but now it's turning into a bleeping computer :/

Any help or imput you guys may have is welcomed.

PS: I recently upgraded my video card to Radeon R7 240, but did not notice any changes before or after the upgrade.

Well, Gorilla Price is nasty enough to cause your symptoms. See this thread ... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506231/gorilla-price/ .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553172/advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.73%

Operating System is Windows XP a friends computer has been infected with "Downloader.Dluca.H",it keeps popping up every other second,AVG cannot heal this virus, does anyone have any information as to how they can remove it?

Can you get a Hijack This log from this friends computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-needed.181735/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello again I have an Asus P C deluxe mobo and currently have generic x mb pc DDR SDRAM installed in dimm slot and I am going to buy OCZ EL DDR- MHz PLATINUM Memory GB x MB D C Kit P N - Needed...PLEASE Advice RAM OCZ ELDCPE-K this week I d like to know if i am able to keep the old ram in the system and use the new ocz ram as well Or will there be a conflict When i asked my local computer tech guy down the street he told me that I should not mix and match ram It could cause system to freeze up or files to go corrupt Is this true Do my settings look ok here is my cpu-z report that might help to get a better picture of my specs CPU-Z version CPU s Number of CPUs Physical CPU APIC RAM Advice Needed...PLEASE ID Name Intel Pentium Code Name Northwood Specification Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Family Model Stepping F Extended Family Model F Brand ID Package mPGA- Core Stepping D Technology um Supported Instructions Sets MMX SSE SSE CPU Clock Speed MHz Clock multiplier x Front Side Bus Frequency MHz Bus Speed MHz L Data Cache KBytes -way set associative Bytes line size L Trace Cache Kuops -way set associative L Cache KBytes -way set associative Bytes line size L Speed MHz Full L Location On Chip L Data Prefetch Logic yes L Bus Width bits CPU APIC ID CPU Name Intel Pentium logical unit Mainboard and chipset Motherboard manufacturer ASUSTek Computer Inc Motherboard model P C Rev xx BIOS vendor American Megatrends Inc BIOS revision BIOS release date Chipset Intel i P rev A Southbridge Intel EB ICH rev Sensor chip Winbond W THF FSB Select MHz Performance Mode disabled Graphic Interface AGP AGP Status enabled rev AGP Data Transfer Rate x AGP Max Rate x AGP Side Band Addressing supported enabled Memory DRAM Type DDR-SDRAM DRAM Size MBytes DRAM Frequency MHz FSB DRAM CAS Latency clocks RAS to CAS clocks RAS Precharge clocks Cycle Time TRAS clocks of memory modules Module DDR PC - MBytes Module DDR PC - MBytes Software Windows version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Build DirectX version c nbsp

A:RAM Advice Needed...PLEASE

although you shouldn't mix memory brands...it will sometimes work...but if you are getting a matched set...I would say dont mix them with the old memory..the timimgs you show are NOT fast timings and could slow your new memory up..just sell the old stuff to someone who can use it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-advice-needed-please.486436/
Relevancy 47.73%

First off I really like Dells - my experience with them has been good and their warranties are great I m looking to game a lot I m actually getting rid of my PS to concentrate on gaming on the PC My question is this PC worth it for the price How soon do you foresee me having to upgrade things on the PC The PC Studio XPS Studio XPS Operating System Genuine Windows Home Premium bit English Studio XPS Intel Core i needed Looking buy advice a new to rig, - processor MB L Cache GHz Memory GB Tri-Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz - DIMMs Keyboard Dell Studio Consumer Multimedia Keyboard Monitor quot Dell ST Full HD Monitor with VGA cable Video Card nVidia GeForce GTS MB Hard Drives TB RPM SATA Looking to buy a new rig, advice needed Hard Drive Mouse Dell Studio Optical Mouse Modem No Modem Option Adobe Software Adobe Acrobat Reader Multi-Language Optical Drives X DVD -RW Drive Looking to buy a new rig, advice needed Sound Card Integrated Channel Audio Speaker No speakers Speakers are required to hear audio from your system Network Integrated Ethernet Office Productivity Software Pre-Installed Microsoft Office Starter Security Software McAfee SecurityCenter -Months Hardware Support Services Year Advanced Service Plan Datasafe Dell Online Looking to buy a new rig, advice needed Backup GB for year Click on View Configuration Details All info help advice is appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Looking to buy a new rig, advice needed

My question, is this PC worth it for the price?Click to expand...

What price?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-buy-a-new-rig-advice-needed.148784/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor?

Thanks

A:Help and or advice needed

If the laptop supports multi monitor setup it should work, you could play something, e. g. a movie, on one screen (tv) and on the other (laptop) you could still do something else like web browsing. Just connect the tv to the laptop, go to display settings and try to set it up as two monitors.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39170-help-advice-needed.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Is it possible for something to access my phone number and dial 090 sex line numbers making it look like a member of a holdhold has physically dialled them? I am in dispute with Carephone Ware house about such a problem. Assuming it is how can I prove it? My broadband services provider is Tiscalli. Since this has happened now have Norton internet and security.

I have now ensure that 090 number are barred on my phone, have payed my usual direct debit amount, put in a disbute letter to customer services and cancelled by direct debit for now. Can they turn my phone off as yet? Help

Thanks you

Debbie

Relevancy 47.73%

I was cleaning out my computer today of dust and removed my fan from my CPU in Needed CPU/Fan Advice order to clean it well Since I have put it back on I keep CPU/Fan Advice Needed getting the overheating signal from my CPU when it is under a load CPU/Fan Advice Needed My BIOS has the warning sound set at C right now When I go into the BIOS I can watch the temp rise and fall depending on the load What I need to know is what the little glob of sticky grey stuff does that sits between my CPU and my fan I figure that I need more of it now that I took the two apart but don t know what it is called or how much of it to use The amount used when I first built the computer was just what was provided with the CPU and those directions were followed I have read a few posts here that indicate that I should buy something that I then spread over the entire CPU and I wanted to know if that is accurate What does that goop really do Thanks so much for your quick reply nbsp

A:CPU/Fan Advice Needed

That gloop as you call it is known as thermal compound, and if you have completely removed your heatsink from the cpu then you should really clean off the old compound and add new. To clean it of the heatsink and/or cpu you should use a NON-acetone based cleaning solution and a cotton wool bud.when it comes to adding new compound then you should place a small ammount in the centre of the cpu (how much depends on what cpu your using) but this ammount should when compressed between cpu and heatsink be enough to cover the chip only and not the pcb that its on. When replacing the heatsink make sure that it is on correctly as an improper contact will cause a overheating problem. this is what the thermal compound is for to make sure that you have a full contact between cpu and heatsink therefore making heat dissipation through the heatsink possible, ie:- better compound=better contact=better heat dissipation=better cooling=more efficient cpu

I THINK

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-advice-needed.48989/
Relevancy 47.73%

I m strongly considering leaving the company I currently work for and need some advice When I leave my company I will not be transferring to another company working for the MAN and following other people s stupid rules I have noticed over the years that the people making the decisions really don t know anything about IT Struggling to get clients in the bitter cold when I m just starting out may be too hard for me since I am more prone to depression in the Winter time I have developed a six month plan During the next months probably until the end of March Needed Advice I want to do the following Get some certifications which I may need your help with Bank A LOT of money Do my best to prepare for this transition I must admit I am a little nervous about this especially since my financee is in school and starting her own business but I just cannot take this anymore I don t sleep well anymore because I am constantly worried about my career and money all the Advice Needed time I feel trapped Advice Needed in a company that is going nowhere This place works like a well oiled machine and there is nothing more I can do here When I first started here it was a much different story I Advice Needed ve been working here for over years now Every so often I get thrown a project but for the most part I spend most of my day replacing keyboards mice switches etc and answering people s stupid questions about their personal such as IPODS and Xboxes I am just too smart for that I have so much to offer this company but most things since I ve started here have been moved to corporate in Connecticut I don t have a good feeling about this company anymore and largely because of that I would be unwilling to move to any other location I want to get the certifications for two reasons Firstly they make me look more professional I can put my qualifications on my business cards Secondly in the event that this does not work out having certifications will help me with my job search which is invaluable However it is my intention to MAKE this work and going to work for another company would be an absolute last resort In case any of you are interested here is a list of my actual qualifications All Microsoft Operating Systems Including Vista Ethernet or Wireless Networks setup and troubleshooting Domain Workgroup Setup Active Directory and Site Replication Customized Backup Solutions Remote Access Technologies VPN Terminal Services Etc Virtual Machine Technology Email POP SMTP Exchange Computer Hardware Network Hardware Hubs Switches Routers Etc Complete System Overhauls Cable DSL Installation and Support Complete PC Network Troubleshooting Any advice you could offer would be most appreciated I am very well known throughout Michigan and alright have several people who own their own business that I do work for Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having some issues that I would like to get some advice We have a laptop computer that we have been using for about a year and usually use Chrome as our browser All of a sudden Chrome got really slow so I Advice Needed ran Super Anti Spyware and it found some tracking cookies that it deleted I then went to update Malwarebytes and the update failed I tried restarting the computer and even doing it in safe mode So instead of messing Advice Needed with it I reformatted the laptop back to factory defaults on Advice Needed Windows I upgraded to windows and applied all of the updates and installed Avast as my AV I put Chrome back on my computer and it is still running horribly slow It takes about - seconds to launch and bring something up on the screen I installed Firefox and it is much faster Advice Needed but as I add my add-ons adblock plus WOT trafficlight and lastpass it is getting slow too I installed Malwarebytes again and ran a scan and it found nothing Last night we got the email from the credit card company that our credit card got hacked at in the morning I don't think the incidences are connected but I'm starting to get concerned Is there anyway to check to make sure the lag I'm seeing in Chrome and Firefox to a much lesser extent are not connected I'm wondering if I need to take all of my computers off of the network and rebuild them In additon I would resett the network back to its default and setup a new ISID and password but I don't know if that would help or not Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi Scott Is it possible for you to list us your computer specs? Maybe publish a Speccy snapshot if you know how (otherwise I can give you the instructions). Also, do you mean a new "SSID"? To reset your network back to default, you would simply have to reset your modem, router or modem/router, whatever you are using and then set it back up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574630/advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.73%

after plugging in my friend's pendrive to my pc,i think my computer has been infected.now i have these problems
-task manager disabled
-registry editor(regedit disabled)
-run command missing in start menu
-all programs that i open will close by itself,automatically,therefore i cannot run any virus scan
-cannot boot into safe mode,it restarts after loading the required files.

im completely out of idea of what to do.when im trying to do an online scan my browser closed by itself,but only the program winamp doesn't close,and it comes with ie browser,im using it now.but it doesn't have java,etc and i cannot scan with this

A:advice needed-what to do

If you can get online, can you go to LIVE ONE CARE? There is a virus scan, cleanup and tune up for your PC there... And HERE on post #12 are links to online virus scans you might try...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210250/advice-needed-what-to-do/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello everyone Firstly I apologise if this is the wrong section and also advice please. and needed everyone Hi for its lengthy content Basically whats happening is my brother handed me his laptop and said it was struggling to do anything due to virus error pop ups and warnings on the desktop as soon as he logged on to windows Right enough when Hi everyone and advice needed please. I booted up it seemed pretty sick so I ended up saving what documents I could then went ahead with a system restore Next I installed avast malwarebytes and spyBHOremover ran them and found alot of unwanted nonsense Im more than happy now that Ive got the laptop working again as I have Hi everyone and advice needed please. quarantined everything and I ran a second scan and found infected files Also the laptop was running fine and again when I checked a day later -with no errors whatsoever and nothing untoward happening So after all that my question is should I leave the infected avast malwarebytes files in quarantine hand the laptop back and if after a week or so the laptop is still running fine I can assume the quarantined files are safe to remove completely and are not false prophets ie saying they are infected when they arent and are actually important files Thank you in advance and I apologise again if this is in the wrong section or if it sounds daft I just want to be sure

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hi-everyone-and-advice-needed-please-541749.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone have any knowledge about the HP Photosmart 5.2m pixel digital camera and photo dock,regarding how it performs ? any comments would be appreciated .....

Steve's digicams is a great site for camera reviews.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-needed.402388/
Relevancy 47.73%

So a buddy of mine d/l a prog. from what he thought was a reliable source. Turns out he was wrong

When he opened the file he recieved the message "F#*k you and everybody else!" Not what he was expecting obviously. So now his administrative powers have been taken away from him, he cannot access his ctrl panel. When he opens windows he cannot close them because he does not have the proper admin rights. To top it all off there is a series of question marks(???????) beside the time and date on his task bar.

We did a hijackthis and these appeared

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present

O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1

Anyone ever hear of this?

Relevancy 47.73%

Ok having Pop Advice Up Needed pop up issues thanks to previous posts i was able to get rid of some of the problems but still a couple rag Pop Up Advice Needed tags that have eluded me Here is my HJT log and after i will post panda log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP Pop Up Advice Needed WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS System winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C WINDOWS pclrsvc exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Saitek Software Profiler exe C Program Files Saitek Software SaiSmart exe C Program Files Saitek Software SaiMfd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System d dtcpip exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C DOCUME Heather LOCALS Temp sysnet exe C WINDOWS tnnxdll EXE C WINDOWS tnnxenc EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System cssngine exe C Program Files Cas Client casclient exe C Program Files Linksys WMP Config Utility WMP CFG exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C WINDOWS System Mreiyr exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Heather Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - no file O - BHO CExtension Object - C E -DD - A D-ABCD- D D - C WINDOWS cfgmgr dll O - BHO MSN Search Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - BHO RichEditor Class - F A C B- - ED - B F- A A A - C WINDOWS System richedtr dll O - Toolbar MSN Search Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Profiler C Program Files Saitek Software Profiler exe O - HKLM Run SaiSmart C Program Files Saitek Software SaiSmart exe O - HKLM Run SaiMfd C Program Files Saitek Software SaiMfd exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run rE g h d dtcpip exe O - HKLM Run version C WINDOWS System Lytoql exe O - HKLM Run PSof C WINDOWS System PSof exe O - HKLM Run exp exe C WINDOWS System exp exe O - HKLM Run WinTask driver C WINDOWS System wintask exe O - HKLM Run cfgmgr RunDLL EXE C WINDOWS cfgmgr dll DllRun O - HKLM Run richup C WINDOWS System richup exe O - HKLM Run Sysnet C DOCUME Heather LOCALS Temp sysnet exe O - HKLM Run tnnxdll C WINDOWS tnnxdll EXE O - HKLM Ru... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi

Apologies if this is posted int he wrong area but i am running windows XP Home so I'm sort of in the right area??

What I would like to do is wipe EVERYTHING off my hard drive - basically my kids pc that is full to the brim of stuff they don't want I could go through it programme by programme to get rid of everything but I wondered if there was something i could download that would do the job for me? I don't want to reformat the hard drive as I no longer have the windows disk that came with the pc.
I'm sure I've raised a few eyebrows with this request.

Ruth

What is the make and model number of the computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198054/advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.73%

'm having a100 gb drive the size occupied as shown in my computer(w7)is 60 gb free of 100gb.
but when i select all the folders in that drive and hit the properties the size shown is only 18 gb.what is this?is this due to virus activity?help please.

A:advice needed

Most likely not a virus, there are a lot of System files that are hidden. Do you currently have a up-to-date antivirus software program installed and running? Do you have a antispyware program installed and running? What programs do you have installed on this pc?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336156/advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I've been advised to replace my CPU fan, as its got quite noisy in recent months.

First off, I need to say that I'm no computer expert, and feel pretty aprehensive about doing anything technical, but if I'm told what to do, I'm OK.

So with regards to this problem, what do you advise?
Can you buy the fans separately? I've had alook but was kinda overfaced by the choice available.
How do I knw which one to get?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there I was not sure which forum to post this to so please bear with me First of all what I am trying to achieve a stable secure and fast system with easy access to data for HD recording and backup purposes What I have already an Acer Aspire laptop with good specs running Windows Vista x Bit and the necessary outboard gear for mixing etc several ATA HD drives with a couple of external drive enclosures for the USB ports Problem despite working relatively well with my aging Medion desktop PC running Win XP Pro SP these disks are not always recognized by my Acer Aspire laptop I have been told that this is due to the disk capacity being greater than that allowed for external USB HD enclosures This makes some sense since the size of HDs has been increasing at great speed so possible the firmware cannot keep up with such specification changes However this makes it very difficult for me please Advice needed to make backups of my system presently I can only achieve this by physically transferring my laptop HD to a SATA external USB enclosure connecting this to my Medion PC and imaging or cloning the HD to another HD drive Clearly this is ridiculous even if it does work invalidates my warranty too if Acer find out Thus I have been spending considerable time over the past week or so reading up on my options but now I am really confused because first of all where I live in Spain there is really very Advice needed please little in the way of eSATA SATAII or anything that technologically advanced and secondly unless there is a genuine possibility of being able to access the HDs at the sort of speeds the advertising hype leads one to believe possible I see little reason to ditch my ATA IDE drives for SATAII drives These drives are not recognized by the BIOS either it seems as they do not appear when using partitioning software in Hiren s Boot Disk for example One option I have been looking into is that of using an Express card to eSATA adaptor for my laptop then purchasing an external SATAII HD with eSATA connection and USB in order to be able to interface at significantly higher speed with both my laptop and desktop and thus at least back up my laptop HD However ideally I would also like to be able to access my other ATA IDE drives There seem to Advice needed please be so many options with new Firewire and USB specifications in the pipeline but I see no clear way forward especially as money is very much an issue here I am working to a budget having already spent out on the laptop HDs mixer etc Any help and advice would be welcomed Thank you in advance David nbsp

A:Advice needed please

If you have a network set up,you might consider connecting an external
networked drive to your PC and run your backups accross the network.
That way you can just leave the drive connected to the PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-needed-please.763370/
Relevancy 47.73%

Im looking to buy this tv
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/122995/rb/0
and to link it to this tower
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?pn=PB34301501&g=1400
which is using ubuntu(linux) as an os.
What cables am I going to need, would there be any compatibility issues and so forth
All help would be greatly recieved

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I have Immunet installed and it keeps picking up threats in the form of *.tmp files that are appearing all over the place, in different application folders and app data folders.

I tried to use the DDS tool as suggested but i get an error when running it, saying it is not meant to be run in compatibility mode. (I am running Windows 8).  So I used HijackThis instead, please find my log attached.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Hop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/514800 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514800/advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.73%

my computer was acting up i restored it twice . still no luck , i reinstalled vista now all it will do is let me put my password in. the mouse doesnt work. i would like to take it back to the state it was before i put the disk in . is there anyway that this can be done. or have i destroed my computer for good

See other posts: http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...-want-cry.html

A:advice needed please

Originally Posted by missdread

my computer was acting up i restored it twice . still no luck , i reinstalled vista now all it will do is let me put my password in. the mouse doesnt work. i would like to take it back to the state it was before i put the disk in . is there anyway that this can be done. or have i destroed my computer for good

See other posts: http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...-want-cry.html

Hi missdread
The advice you got on the other post was the best you could get.

Originally Posted by rive0108

okay,
You have two options-
Either take your computer to a friend or family member who is computer literate, or to someplace like Bestbuy and let them fix/reinstall Vista, reinstall your software/apps and install Antivirus protection.

You haven't destroyed your computer, I am sure a good computer Tech could have it up and running in no time flat

Norm

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/200923-advice-needed-please.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I am trying to clean my grandmother s computer for her I have installed and run several program like AVG Free Spybot S amp D and Adaware however the computer is still extremely slow if I start in in anything other than Diagnostic Start-up or a very restricted Selective start up It also seems to get a lot of quot Virtual Memory Low quot error messages and often just completely freezes Please forgive me but I am going to post both the hijackthis log as well needed advice Log please HJC as the startuplist txt file it generated I m not sure if you need HJC Log advice needed please both but will post them just in case I appreciate any help and advice on what to clean up in order to get her computer back to a decent state I am also open to any suggestions for good programs to keep on here if the ones list above ie AVG Spybot etc should be replaced with something else Thank you in advance for any help you can provide -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Mamaw Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Mamaw Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO AVGTOOLBAR - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar AVGTOOLBAR - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjc-log-advice-needed-please.818149/
Relevancy 47.73%

Last couple days my home pc began running slower and slower and started freezing up [ vista ].I ran a McAfee complete scan with no problems found. I cant get online now , homepage opens halfway then freezes. The last time I was on I got a full page pop up of a sort of stick figure cartoon with a flame border.I shut down right away. What should I do ?

Hi and welcome to TSF.

If you think you may be infected then please start here and follow the instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

If you have problems with any of the steps, simply move on to the next one and make a note of the problem in your reply.

Please note that the Security Forum is always busy, so I would ask for your patience while waiting for a reply - it may take a few days.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/advice-needed-438455.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hello all i please needed Advice would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me try Advice needed please amp sort out the problems i am experiencing with my computer i do have basic knowledge of computers but whats happened is that i recently bought amp installed the avg internet security software and when installed i found that my computer had slowed right down despite avg claiming this wouldnt happen anyway i then uninstalled avg and all seemed fine again but i have since found that the add remove programmes menu within the control panel doesnt load up in addition i have also found that when im not connected to the internet my mouse operates fully amp the delete button on my keyboard works fine but when im connected to aol or browsing the right click side of my mouse doesnt work and neither does the delete button on my keyboard and so Advice needed please i cannot copy and paste delete etc to which is rather strange amp indeed annoying therefore im quite baffled by what has happened here so any help would be greatly appreciated my pc is the fugitsu scaleo with win xp sp installed my isp is aol thankyou for taking the time to read this

A:Advice needed please

Try this.

To try to fix this issue, follow these steps:

1. Click Start > Run.

2. Type regsvr32 appwiz.cpl and click OK.

3. Click OK on the dialog box that appears.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/advice-needed-please-480976.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i was hoping someone could look over tis HJT log as im worried about all the talk i ve heard about the conflicker virus unsure what im looking at and any advice would be very welcome Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support needed advice Log Please HJT bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system AstSrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender seccenter exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C HJT Log Please advice needed WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System HJT Log Please advice needed svchost exe C Documents and Settings x Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize ptec defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ptec defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bigpond com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ptec defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - c c f -e - d- - f ed c - no file O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent e... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone I want to open workshop for maintaining computers because I'm now jobless, and I have some information so I need your help?

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a firewall, which was recently behind a router. I have taken away the router. The firewall does the routing job. Do I need anti virus software and anti spyware software installed on the firewall?

Thanks,

River

I'd recommend a good anti virus program since a lot of virus's come from email attatchments and web sites a firewall may not catch. Spyware and adware programs are always good to have. Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-needed.365068/
Relevancy 47.73%

My brother has promised to give me his 60gb Intel SSD when he upgrades his system soon. I've got a Corsair SSD for my OS/boot drive now and two mechanical drives for games, pagefile and a few small apps.

Should I use the 60gb SSD for SSD caching to speed up my games/pagefile mechanical drive? How much of a performance boost would I be getting with a 60gb SSD for caching?

Would it be better if I just put pagefile and a few small apps there? Will pagefile activity wear out the SSD too quickly? (I should point out that I plan to get more RAM soon so I can put pagefile on a RAM disk, so the second option just might be a temporary setup.)

Could you guys maybe suggest other options as to how I could make best use of the extra SSD on my machine?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:SSD advice needed

I know this does not answer your question but you may find it interesting.

If you have plenty of RAM to run all your applications, you wouldn't really need a pagefile. Pagefiles are needed when the system requires more memory than physically in the machine.

I have 8GB memory and rarely see 3GB usage. Several years ago I ran Windows XP without a pagefile on 512MB memory for a long time. One day I actually ran out of memory and the system crashed. Ever since this day I have set a small pagefile just to prevent a system crash. I currently have a 1GB pagefile to assist my 8GB of physical memory if ever needed.

With all this said, I'm not sure how much a pagefile is even used on a system that does not run out of physical memory. If the pagefile is never used then the write cycles for SSD will not be effected. I'm also interested in knowing pagefile usage statistics for a system that has plenty of physical memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-advice-needed.178839/
Relevancy 47.73%

When i do a virus scan, i get the message "C\windows\installer\6c7411.msi - The file is signed with a broken digital signature, issued by: Sun Microsystems". It doesnt say that this is a virus, it just shows up as something that was found. Any info on something that shows up like this will be appreciated....what should i do with this file?
thanks .... Herbie

A signature verifies that the package is made by a known vendor. If it is broken, then somebody could have modified the package without authorization from the vendor. I would just delete it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-needed.964575/
Relevancy 47.73%

I was going to buy the OCZ GameXStream 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Power Supply but am thinking if maybe i should get the 700w one? Does it matter and do i have to becareful that my system can cope with 700w?

Relevancy 47.73%

hi , i have a windows 7 packard bell laptop and i want to reinstall windows but i didnt make a backup disc ,
what i want to know is i have the windows 7 product key sticker under my laptop
so would i be able to use a friends windows 7 disc then input my product key
would this work ok ? or would the windows files be different
any help on this would be very much appriciated

A:help/advice needed

Quote: Originally Posted by gpax

hi , i have a windows 7 packard bell laptop and i want to reinstall windows but i didnt make a backup disc ,
what i want to know is i have the windows 7 product key sticker under my laptop
so would i be able to use a friends windows 7 disc then input my product key
would this work ok ? or would the windows files be different
any help on this would be very much appriciated

Yes you can. But then you have to activate the product online, or by phone, to microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/64402-help-advice-needed.html
Relevancy 47.73%

my computer is deadly slow done the needed please Advice normal scans norton avg ad aware etc and here is my HJT log please could some one advice thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Advice needed please WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files SyncroSoft Advice needed please Pos H O cledx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HJT HJT exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www suredelights co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sonic com Advice needed please links asp PRID amp type upgrade R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton Internet Security osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run H O C Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exe O - HKLM Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run BitTorrent quot C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe quot --force start minimized O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolb... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/advice-needed-please-225960.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Im thinking of buying this graphics card : Radeon 9550 256mb DDR 128bit
Do you think it'll be a good buy or is there something better for around the same price..

A:Advice needed....

What is the price?

What do you want to play with it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-needed.28151/
Relevancy 47.73%

Firstly I would like to say hello and thanks for having me!?!
I have worked with computers for years now but the more advanced they become the more of a pain they are!
I need to clean up my comp and get rid of some programmes, could anyone tell me what S3 Display is and the other S3 things?
Is it ok to remove them?
Thanks and heres to many more conversations!

A:Hi Everyone! New And Advice Needed!

Hello festivalgirl,What type of computer do you have and what operating system?All the S3 stuff is most likely related to your video hardware and as such you should not remove it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77806/hi-everyone-new-and-advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I presently use se and because it is not supported anymore there are some times when I would rather have XP A friend of mine gave me XP Pro in the wrapper that comes only with a new PC Yes the certificate of authenticity label is attached I know that a clean install of XP is recommended by the experts here and to reformat my hard drive prior to the install Advice needed but that also means that all my drivers and such for will be deleted I bring this up because if I try to install XP Pro will it have the drivers that I need to operate my Advice needed PC I ran MS software to check out the compatability on the PC and here it is Upgrade Report -------------- Setup found hardware or software on your computer that might not or will not work with Windows XP You should read and understand this upgrade report before continuing Contents Warnings Helpful Information Setup has detected that some hardware or programs on your computer might not function correctly after the upgrade is completed This lack of functionality can have an effect on things you might want to do such as connecting to the Internet accessing e-mail printing Advice needed scanning and playing sounds or music It is important that you read and understand this upgrade report before continuing To resolve some of these issues you can get more information at Microsoft Windows XP Professional Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId on the Web Setup will automatically back up your existing version of Windows You can restore your computer safely even if these upgrade problems remain To uninstall Windows XP go to Add Remove Programs in Control Panel WARNINGS The following issues might require you to obtain files from Microsoft Windows Update Web site or a manufacturer s Web site You can still continue to upgrade to Windows XP without resolving these issues but some hardware or software might not work Follow the recommendations in each section Hardware Compatibility Issues ----------------------------- Setup has found hardware on your computer that is incompatible with that is it does not work with Windows XP Hardware That Might Need Additional Files The following hardware might need additional files in order to work with Windows XP Contact your hardware vendors to obtain Windows XP compatible updates In many cases if a Windows XP version is not yet available a Windows compatible update should work It is recommended that you obtain these drivers in advance You can also view the Microsoft Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List at http www microsoft com isapi redir dll Prd Whistler amp Ar Help amp Sba comp atible Please note that some of the following entries might be software that is registered as hardware Hard disk controllers USB Storage Drive not currently present USB -ATA ATAPI Mass Storage Controller not currently present Imaging Device CanoScan LiDE N U N U eVision Digital Camera not currently present Printer Hewlett-Packard DeskJet C not currently present Universal Serial Bus controllers NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller Scanners or Digital Cameras That Might Not Work Setup did not recognize the following scanners or digital cameras Before upgrading check the packaging that came with each device to see if it supports Windows XP or contact the device manufacturer Reinstall each device when Setup is complete using the software that came with the device CanoScan LiDE N U N U eVision Live Video eVision Photo Download Software Incompatible with Windows XP ------------------------------------- Software That Does Not Support Windows XP Setup has found programs on your computer that are incompatible with that is they do not work with Windows XP Contact your software vendors to obtain updates or Windows XP-compatible versions If you don t update these programs before you upgrade the programs will not work after the upgrade is completed Java in Control Panel Software CineMaster in Control Panel Before you upgrade to Windows XP you should remove any incompatible programs if... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I was directed to your site by a friend after log advice needed HJT having problems with popups and the HJT log advice needed likes I am running windows xp I have run spybot email protected as well as adaware both of which are coming up clean now resulting in getting rid of the annoying popups I was experiencing before running these programs and cleaning out the problems they found and deleted If you could please look at the HJT log generated after cleaning up with the above mentioned programs HJT log advice needed and let me know what else I need to do to recover I would soooo appreciate it Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C PROGRA HEWLET PHOTOS HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C WINDOWS System HPHipm exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cleanmgr exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPager exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run CXMon quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run STOPzilla quot C Program Files STOPzilla Stopzilla exe quot autorun O - HKLM Run Windows AdControl C Program Files Windows AdControl WinAdCtl exe O - HKLM Run Excite Private Messenger Pipe C Program Files Excite PrvtMsgr bin x IMPipe exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKCU Run Spyware Doctor quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor spydoctor exe quot Q O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

Finally, it is time for me to get a new PC. I will build it myself. But I have no idea what to get...
I need a PC for video editing and rendering (preferably HD), MS Office, Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements v7, and surfing the web (firefox). I also like to overclock.
I would like the PC to have at least 500GB storage (WD), preferably 4GB RAM, and I'd like the PC to be cool and quiet.
I would like the price to be as low as possible (less than $600?).
[For simplicity, the prices should be in USD. I will search for the products myself. In Israel, some components aren't available.]
I do not game on my PC.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

A:New PC - advice needed

Does that ~$600 USD budget need to include a monitor and an OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-advice-needed.158073/
Relevancy 47.73%

Lately i have been having crazy pop ups when opening internet explorer i have ran ad-aware se spybot pest patrol and an AV scan all in safe mode only to find when i rebooted that the annoying trojan virus was still there heres the logfile from hijackthis any help would be very much appreciatedLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS Advice Needed system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC WINDOWS System S tray exeC WINDOWS system qttask exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust PestPatrol PPActiveDetection exeC Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exeC Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exeC Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC WINDOWS Advice Needed System rundll exeC Program Advice Needed Files YourWare Solutions FreeRAM XP Pro FreeRAM XP Pro exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus VetMsg exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com O - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS system qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run hvojuem dll quot C WINDOWS System rundll exe quot quot C Documents and Settings Shady Local Settings Application Data hvojuem dll quot ajkpyneO - HKLM Run etuvmud dll quot C WINDOWS System rundll exe quot quot C Documents and Settings Shady Local Settings Application Data etuvmud dll quot kvpdqhcO - HKLM Run eTrustPPAP quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust PestPatrol PPActiveDetection exe quot O - HKLM Run QOELOADER quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe quot O - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run pjrqpnm dll C WINDOWS System rundll exe quot C Documents and Settings Shady Local Settings Application Data pjrqpnm dll quot dxzabmcO - HKLM Run kgeikdd dll C WINDOWS System rundll exe quot C Documents and Settings Shady Local Settings Application Data kgeikdd dll quot srdxunbO - HKLM Run ollvxpm dll C WINDOWS System rundll exe quot C Documents and Settings Shady Local Settings Application Data ollvxpm dll quot drytaqcO - HKLM Run qaxnoqi dll C WINDOWS System rundll exe quot C Documents and Settings Shady Local Settings Application Data qaxnoqi dll quot ngoiaaeO - HKCU Run FreeRAM XP quot C Program Files YourWare Solutions FreeRAM XP Pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe quot -winO - Global Startup Billminder lnk C Program Files Quicken billmind exeO - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeO - Global Startup Quicken Scheduled Updates lnk C Progra... Read more

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis forum krazedone Before we can provide you with any further assistance,you need to go here,download and install Service Pack 1;http://www.softwarepatch.com/security/winxpsp1-security.htmlThis will patch numerous security vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer and the Windows operating system. As your machine stands right now it's exremely vulnerable to infection. You need to get these updates installed first before we can proceed any further or we?ll both be wasting our time.Note:Do not install Service pack 2 just yet.If you install SP 2 on an infected machine it will cause serious problems within the operating system. When you've finished,post a new Hijackthis log into this topic please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85763/advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.73%

Have a friend with an ASUS M5A88-M EVO Motherboard with an AMD Phenom1100T and try as I may I cannot find a brand that will fit the bill. We want to fit a 2x4GB kit - 8GB 1600MHz at a reasonable price as well.

G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM I bought some G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM 8GB only to find that it was meant for Intel boards. So any help would be most appreciated as it is for an unexpected Christmas pressie.

Just as matter of interest I stuck these sticks into my Gigabyte H67 board and I thought the board was limited to 1333MHz but it flies!! Would I be doing any harm - SIW tells me the speed is 800MHz as opposed to the original 667MHz.

A:More RAM advice needed please

According to your specs that board is compatible with the memory you specify but only at 4Gb but there are options for 8Gb

M5A88-M EVO MEM 4 4
DDR3 1600 Qualified Vendors List (QVL)
1 DIMM 2 DIMM 4 DIMM
A-Data AD31600E001GM(O)U3K 3GB(3 x 1GB) SS - - 8-8-8-24 1.65V-1.85V ● ● ●
CORSAIR TR3X3G1600C8D(XMP) 3GB(3 x 1GB) SS - - 8-8-8-24 1.65V ● ● ●
CORSAIR CMP4GX3M2A1600C8(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 8-8-8-24 1.65V ● ● ●
CORSAIR CMT4GX3M2A1600C6(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 6-6-6-20 1.65V ●
CORSAIR CMT4GX3M2A1600C7(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 7-7-7-20 1.65V ● ● ●
CORSAIR CMX4GX3M2A1600C9(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 9-9-9-24 1.65V ● ● ●
CORSAIR CMX4GX3M2A1600C9(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 9-9-9-24 1.65V ● ● ●
CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C8 G(XMP) 6GB(3 x 2GB) DS - - 8-8-8-24 1.65V ● ● ●
CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C8D G(XMP) 6GB(3 x 2GB) DS - - 8-8-8-24 1.65V ● ● ●
CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C9 G(XMP) 6GB(3 x 2GB) DS - - 9-9-9-24 1.65V ● ● ●
CORSAIR CMX8GX3M4A1600C9(XMP) 8GB(4 x 2GB) DS - - 9-9-9-24 1.65V ● ● ●
Crucial BL25664BN1608.16FF(XMP) 6GB(3 x 2GB) DS - - - - ● ● ●
G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ(XMP) 2GB(2 x 1GB) SS - - 9-9-9-24 1.5V~1.6V ● ● ●
G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) SS - - 7-7-7-24 1.6V ● ● ●
G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 7-7-8-24 XMP 1.35V ● ● ●
G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 7-8-7-24 1.6V ● ● ●
G.SKILL F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 8-8-8-24 1.60V ● ● ●
[/B]G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBECO(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 9-9-9-24 XMP 1.35V ● ● ●
G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 9-9-9-24 1.5V ● ●
G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ(XMP) 6GB(3 x 2GB) DS - - 9-9-9-24 1.5V~1.6V ● ● ●
G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-8GBRH(XMP) 8GB(2 x 4GB) DS - - 7-8-7-24 1.6V ● ● ●
G.SKILL F3-12800CL8D-8GBECO(XMP) 8GB(2 x 4GB) DS - - 8-8-8-24 XMP 1.35V ● ●
G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL(XMP) 8GB(2 x 4GB) DS - - 9-9-9-24 1.5V ● ● ●
GEIL GET316GB1600C9QC(XMP) 16GB ( 4x 4GB
) DS - - 9-9-9-28 1.6V ● ●
GEIL GV34GB1600C8DC(XMP) 2GB DS - - 8-8-8-28 1.6V ● ● ●
Kingmax FLGD45F-B8MF7 MAEH(XMP) 1GB SS - - 7 - ● ● ●
KINGMAX FLGE85F-B8KJ9A FEIS(XMP) 2GB DS - - - - ● ● ●
Kingmax FLGE85F-B8MF7 MEEH(XMP) 2GB DS - - 7 - ● ● ●
KINGSTON KHX1600C9D3K3/12GX(XMP) 12GB(3x4GB) DS - - 9-9-9-27 1.65V ● ● ●
KINGSTON KVR1600D3N11/2G-ES 2GB DS KTC D1288JPNDPLD9U 11-11-11-28 1.35V-1.5V ● ● ●
KINGSTON KHX1600C7D3K2/4GX(XMP) 4GB ( 2x 2GB ) DS - - - 1.65V ● ● ●
Kingston KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 8 1.65V ● ● ●
Kingston KHX1600C8D3T1K2/4GX(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 8 1.65V ● ● ●
Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2/4GX(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 9 1.65V ● ● ●
Kingston KHX1600C9D3LK2/4GX(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 9 XMP 1.35V ● ● ●
KINGSTON KHX1600C9D3X2K2/4GX(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 9-9-9-27 1.65V ● ● ●
KINGSTON KHX1600C9D3T1K3/6GX(XMP) 6GB ( 3x 2GB ) DS - - - 1.65V ● ● ●
Kingston KHX1600C9D3K3/6GX(XMP) 6GB(3 x 2GB) DS - - 9 1.65V ● ● ●
OCZ OCZ3G1600LV3GK 3GB(3 x 1GB) SS - - 8-8-8-24 1.65V ● ● ●

The rest of the list is available here M5A88M_EVO memory compatibility list

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/201274-more-ram-advice-needed-please.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello

I'm having a problem with Microsoft Vista.

All day yesterday I was on my computer fine. I went to bed and hopped on this morning and noticed that whatever I do (clicking browser button, pressing start button) practically anything, Vista freezes and I'm forced to manual reboot.

I did some research on the web but can't find anything that works. I went into safe mode, ran scans from AVG and Malwarebytes and they were both clean. I also went to msconfig and unchecked everything except Microsoft related files on startup but I still get the same problem.

The promblem is the freezing can happen whenever, it could be 10 seconds or 10 minutes, but this problem has only started today, and I've never seen this before!

Does anyone have any ideas why this happened overnight?

Thanks all!

-Wormtail

A:Advice needed please!

Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

This may give us some clues as to what is happening.

Also, you can monitor the system for excessive resource consumption. To do this, open up Task Manager by right clicking on the Task Bar.
Then select the Processes tab.
Then select the "Show processes from all users" button (in the lower left)
Then select the View menu item, then select "Select columns"
In the Select columns window, place checkmarks next to I/O Reads and I/O Other.
Click OK to accept the changes.
Resize the Task Manager window so you can see the most of the columns.
Wait for the system to freeze.
Look at the columns to see if there's anything that looks excessively high - if so, let us know the Image name of the process. FWIW - System Idle Process is supposed to have high CPU readings - anything else with high CPU readings is an issue.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/258036-advice-needed-please.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi All This query relates to porn or porn-related material appearing on my PC I am aware of pop-up adverts and the like and how these sites manage to get themselves to appear as your home-page or as a link that please.... needed here Advice magically appeared within your favorites folder i e that you never put there however I have noticed something Advice needed here please.... strange and that I haven t noticed before that I m wondering if there s a way that programmers can make this happen A series of words have appeared in the search box of my google Advice needed here please.... home page i e when you type the first few letters of a word in google the previous or history of searched words or phrases matching the letters you entered appears I don t like the words that appeared in my google Advice needed here please.... search box when I pressed a certain letter I had never previously entered these words as a search phrase in google or any other browser for that matter and I m wondering if there s a way that this could have been placed there via a pop-up or something else sinister in nature Can anyone advise please I don t want this stuff on my PC at all Ta nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I am working on DNS advice needed! a domain migration but before for i do this i would like to make sure that both DNS and WINS are working DNS advice needed! perfectly cross-site This is the first time i am working in a network that has multi-sites with multi-domains and the users from each domain log on from the others physical network My company had bought another company and they are going to be merging DNS advice needed! the companies into with a new name What i am looking for help with is how DNS and WINS should be setup We have DNS advice needed! sites connected with a MPLS At the moment we have domains Parent child domains Site and a external trusted domain Site The parent was setup as a placeholder pretty much and the majority of users are in the child domain eventually we will merge the external trusted domain to the Parent domain and move all of the users computers in the child domain up to the parent Now machines and users from the trusted domain have been physically moved to Site but are still on the trusted domain For the most part they work fine but randomly there are some DNS or WINS issues I have been banging my head to try and fix these issues but they are intermitten sometimes an ipconfig flushdns fixes the issue sometimes it doesn t eventually the dns error will fix itself but even that time is random I have noticed anytime this issue happens if i disable the DNS Client service it will start to resolve properly but eventually the issue comes back When this happens to one user other users are fine I do an nslookup and the DNS server resolves the address fine but the client will resolve to an IP thats external to the trusted site even though that address is no where in DNS or WINS I have checked HOSTS files on the servers none are aware of this external IP None of the DNS servers have any warnings or errors in their logs We can troubleshoot the issue if you want but i have been trying everything and spoke with others about this and can not figure out the issue I am thinking maybe the MPLS might have some routing issues I am basically trying to see how others would set up their network Both sites use different IPs Site Site Both sites have AD intergrated DNS installed on all DCs DHCP and one WINS server each I have been testing different types of DNS zones and was told not to make any more changes now that things seem to be working well again So Site to Site i have a forwarder setup site to site has secondary zones I have tried to append the DNS Suffixes for the domains we have on machines but still had issues Originally i was told they used STUB zones but when i tried to switch back to them DNS did not work from site-to-site I was told not to make any more changes to DNS so i am just trying to get some other scenarios so that i can research them further figure out a better layout and then present it to the CIO before making any changes Any information or suggestions are apreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dns-advice-needed.968408/
Relevancy 47.73%

Firstly I sincerely apologize for asking yet another question that has probably been asked a million times before How do I overclock I recently became the proud owner of OC'ing on needed Advice a sturdy E and Asus P Q Pro P motherboard I also bought GeIL GB PC - C Mhz Black Dragon RAM to cover my Crysis RAM needs Now I tried I really really did I came to the sad conclusion that I m clearly too thick to do this on my own without help I ve read manuals tutorials how-to s tried watching videos on Youtube etc Sadly I just cannot get my head aroud this overclocking business I m capable to understand that by raising the FSB my CPU speeds Advice needed on OC'ing will increase got that The moment I start hearing about Vcores RAM timings Vdimm my brain becomes foggy and the letters on the screen seem to turn into ancient Greek language This is my experience so far I ve managed to get into the BIOS after or so tries Once confronted with the BIOS I almost ran away Page after page of settings one more foreign than the next By some miracle I ve managed to luck into finding the FSB value and upped that It was a magical moment for me when I fired up CPU-Z and realised I ve managed to increase my CPU to Ghz You would not believe the joy I felt I walked around with a goofy grin for hours afterwards I m now told that my CPU can even go higher than the ghz it s currently at I m using aftermarket air cooling my current CPU temps are around celsius under full load I can probably find the FSB value again and up that but I m concerned about voltage and the PC not starting Now I m asking you kindly to assume you re talking to a year old and explain to me exactly how RAM comes into play what RAM timings are and how it will influence me if I need to up the Vcore and how I do that what this RAM thing is everyone is talking about while I m silently sitting there completely lost All I want to achieve is getting the CPU to around ghz and leave it at that I ve asked the same questions on other forums and after the obligatory sarcastic remarks I m usually met with - short answers that clearly assume the writer is of a technical mind If you don t feel like typing out something that is so obvious to you to someone like me Kindly pointing me in the direction of a tutorial you remember seeing on beginners overclocking advice or even a link to another post you feel is good for beginners would be greatly appreciated If you got this far in reading this post I thank you for doing so If you answer and help me understand this overclocking business better I m indebted to you Jay nbsp

A:Advice needed on OC'ing

While RAM is a major part of OCing, messing around with RAM without knowing what you're doing can easily kill it. So let's leave that part out for now.

As for the RAM:FSB ratio, theoretically, if your RAM's frequency is equal to your CPU's FSB, then you have the ideal conditions where a bottleneck does not exist. However, this is an irrelevant issue due to the CPU's cache being used for most operations. Don't bother with it either IMO.

Now you're left with the most relevant and important part of OCing: the CPU. As a rule of thumb, increase the FSB in 10-15MHz increments and reboot, then run a test like Prime95's Torture Test for around 20 minutes to see if the system is stable. Then reboot and repeat the cycle again. Be sure to keep a paper and pencil handy to note down each successful FSB value. There'll eventually be a point where the machine will be unstable, or may not even boot. Don't fret if the latter happens though, just power it down, remove the power plug, ground yourself by touching the chassis and then remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a minute or two. Then put it back in and the PC should fire up fine. After doing that, just enter the last stable setting you've (hopefully) written down and enjoy your OC!

To take the above a step further, when your CPU becomes unstable, increase the Vcore (shown as a CPU Voltage setting under the AI Tweaker in the motherboard's BIOS. If you don't find it initially, keep going down until you do. It's just below the AI Transaction Booster option) by the smallest increments possible until you get the CPU stable at whatever frequency you want to run it. But before doing this I highly recommend that you buy a third-party cooler for your motherboard though, since increasing the Vcore will make the chip run hotter and your stock HSF may not cut it.

Good luck and also check out this article for more information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-needed-on-ocing.116691/
Relevancy 47.73%

I know this is pathetic but can anyone tell me what key it is i press during boot up in windows xp home that will take me to the option of running from command prompt.

or is that not poss in windows xp?.

A:a little advice needed please

F8 is the key to get to the boot menu. What the choices are, other than Safe Mode, once you get there escape me at the moment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-little-advice-needed-please.198950/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have recently found out about a program called Registry Fix which I have now downloaded and it supposedly found 151 problems on my computer,what I would like to know from anyone who has used this program,is it safe to use ?

Relevancy 47.73%

Need advice Long story but point I am CD-Rom needed advice at New CD rom intstalled by a computer shop I had bought the drive previously but never installed bought new PC Got the old PC going and CD drawer does not open no lights etc Thought maybe driver not installed so went that whole route Formatted C started from scratch can not restore Win as can not use a CD had on CD-Rom advice needed floppy CD-Rom advice needed Have checked power cable OK Drawer looks jammed called computer shop that installed by the way they never put screws back when putting cover back on told me drawer should open and it did and was all set when it left their shop Told me to bring PC back but will have to pay a diagnostic fee up front before they will look at it Contacted drive manuf and they tell me to take it back and make him check it as it sounds as if it is mechaniclly broken If I am going to pay for him to diagnose this then have to buy a new drive and pay to install would I not be better off buying a new CD drive on my own and installing I have done some upgrading on that PC as well as my newer one in the CD-Rom advice needed past I only paid for the drive it was on sale and got a rebate at the time Warranty would not be in effect as drive was purchased a good two years ago although I never opened or removed from package I really don t think I have any recourse with the computer shop I am giving the computer to a granddaughter and really do not want to put any great amount of money into this old machine Any help advice appeciated CB nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I didn't have this problem before, so I have no idea why it still happens, even after I reformatted it to W7 32-Bit Ulti

Specs

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
CPU
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5550 @ 1.83GHz 53 C
Merom 65nm Technology
RAM
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz 5-5-5-15
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0U990C (Microprocessor)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor @ 1280x800
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Hard Drives
160GB Seagate ST9160827AS ATA Device (Unknown Interface) 41 C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

Also, is it possible to change my Video Cards? I would...really, really want to. I've been told that its nigh impossible to change it..

A:Inspiron 1525 crashes every so often

May want to check in the event viewer to see if there is any pattern in errors. If there is nothing in there that appears useful you could check your RAM with either the Windows 7 checker from the disk or memtest86.

You aren't going to be able to replace your video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-1525-crashes-every-so-often.144754/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an Inspiron 1521 and trying to downgrade to windows Xp Home edition service pack 2 and I have no clue where to get any of the drivers. Can anyone help??? It would be much appreciated.

A:Drivers needed for Inspiron 1521

Go to this link ( http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...;l=en&s=gen ) and enter your Service Tag Number to get to the downloads for your system. Also, read some of the FAQ's here to help with the order of installation: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...;l=en&s=genIf there's some confusion as to which drivers to use, post back with which one's and we'll see if we can help to clarify things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125656/drivers-needed-for-inspiron-1521/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Windows 10 working fine on my Inspiron 7537 laptop. Windows 10 Forum mentions TPM 2.0 is needed from end July - see
Will my laptop run Windows 100 after the next major upgrade due at the end of July?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981031
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello. I need help. My Dell laptop will not power on. It just loads this Dell media direct thing when I hit the bottom with the house. The power button will not power the laptop on. Please help, my kids have to do their homework!!!!

A:Dell inspiron 1720 help needed

have you tried plugging it into the wall with AC Adapter versus the battery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1720-help-needed.951314/
Relevancy 46.87%

Need to know if my system is recoverable. I was not getting response from my computer, went into Safe Mode and was able to access restore point, however it appears that the restore point I slected was not a good one and now, it appears to boot up, but have blank screen with an arrow on it

Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to find the spec for a Dell Inspiron 4000 model number PP01L

Google is out of ideas, so am I

Thanks

A:Spec needed for Dell Inspiron

You can go here . . put in the Service Tag number ( should be on a sticker on the bottom ) and find out everything you could want to know about that laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spec-needed-for-dell-inspiron.659069/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have heard lots about overclocking and would like to know more about it. Ie How to do it and what I will gain by doing it.

Can anyone help with this?

I have a celeron 466 on a 66 fsb with 512 Mb 133 sdram. I have a large heatsink on the cpu and two fans in the case. One on the psu and the other is a exaust fan located in a spare slot.

A:Overclocking Advice needed

Go to www.overclockers.com click on overclocking experience and techniques in the left hand frame, click on overclocking faq. This will give you the basic's of it. It's written for earlier celeron's but still pretinent to your chip. Of course, if you motherboard is oem and doesn't have jumpers or softmenu to change front side bus speeds your out of luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-advice-needed.95880/
Relevancy 46.87%

sup,
being here for a while just to reads in order to keep my old pc in shape and old as in 5 to 6 years old.. old dang machine causing lots of problem

but i'm gonna build a new one soon
just wanna know how cha guys think of it

Mobo p5N32E-SLi 650
CPU Core 2 Duo E6600
GPU Winfast 8800GTX
HD 2x Western Digital 320/400
Case Coolermaster 832
Ram Corsair Twin2x 2048-6400 2gb
Pow Coolermaster Extreme Power 650w
Sound Creative xFi Xtreame

i prolly posted this at the wrong places but where to post this anyway, hope you guys guide me tru this places.. be happy to be here since i did learn something new over the past few months lol

A:Build advice needed.

everything looks good, are you planning to overclock your cpu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-advice-needed.77599/
Relevancy 46.87%

I use my laptop about 3 times a week. should I turn it off or just leave it on? I leave my desktop on and let it powerdown. My laptop just seems a little more sensitive and i'm worried about killing it.

thanks

A:laptop advice needed

Always turn it off when done, laptops overheat too easily.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-advice-needed.644716/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello i've got a problem with my laptop.
My laptop was connected to my tv, watching Netflix, when suddenly my signal dropped.
It said on my screen: 'no signal'. My modem/router still work (i've tested with other devices).

But now i'm into more trouble. I've made a system restore cd to try and restore my pc. But now I need to insert a win 7 cd which I do not have. What can I do now? Any way to cancel this? Anyone knows what caused this?
If I download a copy of windows here (http://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how-to-download-windows-7-8-and-8.1-installation-media-legally/), put in usb, try and install it, will this work? I have a license key on the back of my computer which says: Windows 7 Home Prem oa

Can I use this key again?

Relevancy 46.87%

I currently have an HD ready 32" LCD TV with Freeview a Sky box and a Sky + box and am looking to purcahse a DVD recorder that would allow me to build up compilations of programs with adverts edited out. Currently I have no intention of going to HD whilst the dervices are chargeable.

Any pointers to help a novice chose the right product would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-on-dvd-recorders-needed.799099/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am getting my wife a Needed Camera Advice New new digital camera for her birthday and was looking for advice on what to get her We have an older megapixel Sony Digital Camera that has served us well for many years I am looking to get a megapixel camera that is easy to use and takes decent video too One of her biggest compaints with our current camera is that it takes too long for the flash to get ready and she New Camera Advice Needed often misses spontaneous picture opportunities with our son She has a Sony Laptop that has a built in memory stick reader so getting another Sony camera would be convenient since we would not need an external card reader There seems to be lots of debate on whether Sony is inferior to other brands such as Nikon and Canon Any advise from you camera experts out there The two Sony models I have been particularly interested in are Sony Cybershot DSC-T MP Digital Camera with x Optical Zoom and Super Steady Shot Sony Cybershot DSC-N MP Digital Camera with x Optical Zoom Regards Rollin nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

OK I wasn t sure where to post this so here goes I have a new Asus Netbook PC T running actually walking very slowly Win Starter and two other machines desktop and notebook that run XP Pro I have ran the Windows Upgrade Advisor on both of the XP machines and both will run Win bit However I read somewhere that if I am running XP bit I cannot upgrade to the bit Win using an upgrade disk Is that true If so then can I download the XP bit upgrade first and then the Win upgrade bit I will post system details below The desktop is a machine that I bought in and it has a bit AMD Athlon processor on an Asus K V Deluxe MB The Upgrade needed advice bit version of Windows XP Upgrade advice needed was not even available when I Upgrade advice needed bought this machine The notebook is a MSI MS- penryn GX and also came with Windows XP Pro bit It Upgrade advice needed was actually built to run Vista but I had it delivered with XP Pro paid extra Some of the mechanical shortcut keys have never worked The scans showed that I would need to reload my programs after I upgraded to Win and that the info for the NVDIA graphics cards was not available on both machines I have checked and both bit drivers are available form NVIDIA There is also going to be some other upgrades to be done for printers and such but all-in-all it doesn t look that complicated Both of these machine were recently recovered after Malware attacks and there are not many files to be saved so I think this is a good time to do this I have backups of both machines as of yesterday I have ordered the Windows quot Family Pack quot and am suppose to be able to do all three machines I understand that this is an quot Upgrade quot package not a full version Maybe I should return this and just do each one individually with full versions as the money becomes available I also see that Microsoft quot Outlook Express quot is no longer included with the OS I run quot Outlook quot they never mention it and have a copy of Windows Office and have always used MS Outlook as my email client Will I be able to do this after the upgrade Will the MS Office SW run with Win Notebook Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz GHz G RAM there s actually x G sticks installed this is what I hope to see after the bit OS install NVDIA GeForce M GT Desktop AMD Athlon Processor GHz GB Ram actually x GB sticks installed again looking to see all installed NVDIA GeForce OK this is getting too long Any advice anyone Soap I would like to add What about Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyware and AVG Free I am assuming they are all compatible yes

A:Upgrade advice needed

To clarify, an upgrade disk simply means you are required to have a version (i.e. any version) of Windows previously installed. There is no "in-place-upgrade" from XP to 7, only from Vista to 7. I understand your confusion about going from 32-bit to 64-bit, but since an in-place upgrade is not possible in your situation, the question is moot.In other words, you can certainly go from XP 32-bit to Win7 64-bit via a clean install using an upgrade disk (assuming the processor is 64-bit capable, which yours is).And if I recall correctly, the "Family Pack" contains both bits (32 and 64) of Windows 7 capable of installing on 3 machines. So, you're good there.Will the MS Office 2003 SW run with Win 7?Yes, it will work just fine. You might run into compatibility issues with documents created with newer versions of Office, but the software itself will run fine. Windows Live Mail is the new free mail client from M$. Personally, I use Mozilla Thunderbird, but if you're used to Outlook, feel free to stick to that.Any other questions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374884/upgrade-advice-needed/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi i am wondering weather there are some experts in this forum who could help me
design a network. Please leave a contact emaill address so i could send you all
of the details.
I have 3 buildings and some how want to connect all these up
and have a specifications
Building 1, floor 1, 30 users,
floor 2 has 30
users
Building 2 30users
Building 3 30 user

Building 1 and 2 has cat 5 cabling. So what routers cabling etc.
would I use to connect all these building

A:Network advice needed plz

design a network. Please leave a contact emaill address so i could send you allClick to expand...

we do not offer this service here
All post are to be kept on the forum only

there are other forums and service that will provide paid for support

same rules as at the other forum TSF you requested the information from

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-advice-needed-plz.1089943/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a Dell 4400 running XP. I had a hard drive failure and lost everything. It has taken several days to reload a new drive. What is the best way to back up the entire c drive? Should I buy an exra drive or zip drive. I don't know much about hardware. I just want an easy way to rebuild a drive if my new one fails and of course, not loose all my personal files again.

My computer won't even recognize the original drive. Any suggestions on how I might retrieve some of my lost files? I'm assuming it's a lost cause but I'd like to retrieve my digital picutures if possible.
TIA!

Relevancy 46.87%

I m living in France and can only get broadband via satellite I have a D-link wireless router connected to my ViaSat modem Reliable Internet is very important to me as I work from home I m working for a company in New Zealand and part of my responsibilities include updating the company website I also have a company email address on the same domain Everything has worked perfectly since August when we installed this satellite system For the last few months my company has been working on a new website which went live about a month or so ago All was fine for a couple of weeks then it seemed to go down Except that it hasn t I m the only person who can t see it or access my email account I ve spoken to the people hosting the site and they can t shed any light on it I ve spoken to my ISP and they say it s nothing to do with them which must be true since if I unplug the wireless route and connect to my ViaSat modem via ethernet cable I Needed issue IP Advice - can access it again but then nobody else in the house can use the net I m at a loss to understand why I can only access this site via Ethernet now and no longer by wireless router So my first question is - does this all make sense to anyone and is there a solution As an experiment I did trial a VPN service that masks your IP address That did allow me to see this site and collect my company emails but IP issue - Advice Needed ironically it wouldn t allow me to send or receive email from my personal email account which is hosted in the UK I ended up logging on and off the VPN all day trying to juggle both However it would seem to imply that the issue is something to o with the IP address on my router - or that s what I thought If all else fails it occurred to me that I could try to set up some kind of network at home that permitted me to have a wired Ethernet connection to my computer but also a wireless router for everyone else but I m not sure how I go about setting that up In particular I can t connect my computer to one of the Ethernet ports on the D-link wireless router because that doesn t solve the problem of the router s IP address So my second question would be how I would go about configuring such a network and what hardware would I need I hope this all means something to someone out there because I m currently having to keep plugging my Ethernet cable into my computer to access my company website and emails and then unplugging it again and connecting the router and restarting my computer so that everyone can use the wifi every now and again and it s driving me CRAZY If nothing else thanks for giving me an opportunity to vent nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Been thinking about upgrading my Processor for awhile now.. my budget is kinda small around ?90

I currently use an old AMD Athlon II X4 640 Socket AM3 3GHz 2MB L2 Cache

I am thinking of upgrading to either one of these two if you think it would be really worth it:

AMD FX-4 4100 Black Edition 4 Core 3.6Ghz Socket AM3+ 8MB L3 Cache
AMD FX-4 4100 Black Edition 4 Core 3.6Ghz Socket AM3.. | Ebuyer.com

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz Socket AM3 6MB L3 Cache Cache
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz Socket AM3.. | Ebuyer.com

Will also be upgrading my Gfx card in January so any recommendations would not go a miss

A:Advice needed on a upgrade.

Ello Simonlodge and welcome to seven forums
I'd say to go with the 965 black edition. I used to have one and its a really good cpu especially as they are now only about ?65.
I'm pretty sure its much better than the fx 4100
As for your graphics card it all depends on budget

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/267038-advice-needed-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am going to my parents house over xmas and they don't have wireless internet and I was wondering how do I go about using their internet on my laptop? Also I have a network cable - is there anything else I need.

A:network advice needed

You'll need their permission.

If they have dial-up you'll need a 56kbps modem. If they have a broadband modem with only a USB connection you will need a USB port and the modem's software. If they have a modem with ethernet connection you will need an ethernet adapter (regardless of whether they have a router). Your laptop probably already has each of these except for the USB modem software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-advice-needed.525442/
Relevancy 46.87%

please help me make the right decision in builting my new pc needed new advice for system celeron ghz ram geforce maybe intergrated maybe not i dunno ---now i have few question i heard that the geforce had a intergrated crappy version in which the card only has mb vid advice needed for new system memory the rest of the mb of vid memory the card takes advice needed for new system it from your system memory is that true i really don t want that on my new pc if that s the case what other good yet cheap video card should i get then for example ati readeon x does exactly like i said above ---i can t advice needed for new system affored a pentium so i ll have to go with the latest celeron but some ppl tells me that i should just get myself a cheap amd cpu because it s even faster so what other cpu should i get i could get a old pentium ghz but i heard old p are slower than the latest clelron so what other are my other options besides celeron and old p ---i saw a lot of games didn t support geforce but this only applys for the MX version right all the other geforce versions is supported by recent games right ---is geforce a good card or even worst then geforce if it s better should i get it or go with somthing else ---Will my new pc be able to run recent games like half life or doom or star wars battlefront at medium setting and a healthy fps thanks for the help i really appreicate it thanks nbsp

A:advice needed for new system

Hmmm.... How can I put this nicely.....

If your primary purpose for this new machine you are building is for new games, like HL2/doom3 etc as you say above, you are going in the wrong direction.

The specs you are listing above are going to have a very hard time running things.

1. I'd recommend you look at an AMD based system as their CPUs give you much more value for the dollar, particularly when it comes to performance in 3D games. Celeron CPUs are a very bad choice for gaming.

2. I'd say 512mb should be your absolute minimum for ram... and I mean absolute. If you are on a real tight budget, then 512. REAL tight budget. Otherwise 1Gb is the way to go.

3. Integrated graphics in general are not really designed with gaming in mind. Again, if you are on an EXTREMELY tight budget, then a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do of course.

How about this, give us your budget (specific budget) and let some people try and put a gaming system together for you. Also tell us what the budget needs to include? Windows? Monitor? etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-needed-for-new-system.38217/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a film on my computer that I would like to burn to a dvd,its in avi format, what software would I need to be able to do that apart from a burning program I mean (I have Roxio) The operating system is Windows XP home .....

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all !

I need help! My wifes computer that she uses for her business needs Win Service Pak 2. Her OS is Win XP. It is an older ver of XP and didn't have service Pak 2 on installation disks, etc. Unfortunately we are on Dial Up, and no luck with downloading it with such a slow connection. She does have access to friends puter on DSL.

My question is... Can she download it to CD rom via the DSL puter from the MS download site, then install it in her computer from the CD???

Thanks for any Help..
Swaneyjoe... Calif...Sunshine for a change.)

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone,

Currently, I have 512 MB of DDR-SDRAM in two Micron Technology PC3200 256 MB sticks of RAM with CAS 3.

I want to get another 512 MB, but I really don't know whether to get two sticks of 256MB, which is more expensive, or to get one stick of 512, which is cheaper.

By the way, the model i'm interested in is the KVR400X64C3A/512 or the KVR400/512CR both made by Kingston. Both of which I'm pretty sure are only one stick of 512 MB RAM. As well, I'm pretty sure the stats on the Kingston RAM and my original Micron Technology RAM are similar.

Any advice?
Thanks,

Relevancy 46.87%

I am in the process of gathering componants to build a new faster computer. I am leaning towards one of the two processors below and it is not my intention to start a big fuss between the Intel and AMD readers. I have tried both and have been equally pleased with both.

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 Q6600 95w
AMD Phenom 9850 125 w Quad

I also plan to buy the WD Raptor 10000 rpm hdd from NewEgg.

I have the Antec 900 box that I have used before and was happy with.

Now the MOB. I am really undecided here and would appreciate all advice. I have used Asus and Gigabyte boards in the past and both with good results.

Any recommendations on ram. How much better and important is the newer faster ram.

TIA for your opinions and advice. I am not a geek but more a hobbiest!

Pull43

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a laptop that I need to wipe and install XP SP from a multiple volume license CD I have Problem is the laptop has a SATA hard drive and my install CD Needed Advice Installation doesn t support see it Gateway offered a download that creates a floppy diskette for the quot Press F to load additional drivers quot screen at the XP boot menu however this laptop doesn t have a floppy drive and no USB floppy drive I ve tried works I ve tried incorporating the driver files from the floppy Installation Advice Needed disk creation into the CD ISO so that it loads the drivers from the i folder modifying the txtsetup sif The drivers seem to load - I can see them on the CD startup but when I hit Enter to start installation it still says that no hard drives could be found Basically I just need to wipe this and install XP from my CD Any ideas I m at home for the weekend now So any advice would be appreciated but I m afraid I can t do trial and error with proper back-and-forth discussion at this time Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57132/installation-advice-needed/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently upgraded my system to W Pro H W is an Asus P Q Pro Gb and an Intel quad core which has all been running XP fine for about a year Bought a new G drive to put W on Installation went fine and it found drivers for everything except the NIC which i got from probvlems advice W7 - Odd needed... the Asus site It ran mostly ok for a few weeks but with the occasional Odd W7 probvlems - advice needed... 'stop dead' - no BSOD no nothing Then it started to occasionally hang for about secs at a time Ran HDTune and it found some damaged block - but I'm not sure if they are really damaged or if W has just decided to mark them as such Memtest says all memory OK Updated to mobo drivers from Asus site and things got much worse e g CD drives disappeared until I rolled back the Marvel drivers Now VERY flaky I'm resigned to doing a complete re-install and I'll get a new HD and new graphics card Currently FireGL V which has no speficic W drivers Questions Stick with the P Q Worked ok with XP If so stick with W installed drivers or go with Asus ones Caused grief this time I don't mind the rebuild but I'd be happier if I knew what was causing the problems Any thoughts Thanks Steve

A:Odd W7 probvlems - advice needed...

Get another graphics card.

No problem with P5Q

no BSOD, no nothing. Then it started to occasionally hang for about 20 secs at a time.

Thats the clue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34724-odd-w7-probvlems-advice-needed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,
My kids have all got old AMDK6 based Gateways (church office was thowing them out) and I need to upgrade some of the hard drives. Nothing fancy, just something bigger than 1.6GB so I can load Win2K and, oh, ANYthing else .

I'm having trouble relating PIO Mode 3 and 4 that the motherboard specified it can handle to today's DMA ratings, but from the specs of the current hard drive and motherboard (seee links below), it appears the motherboard will handle UDMA-33. Will current Ultra ATA100 or even 133 HDD's work in this situation? I can get a simple 20GB 5400 RPM Ultra ATA100 drive for $35 new, I just want to make sure it'll work.

Thanks, Jeff.

Mobo link: http://support.gateway.com/s//MOTHERBD/INTEL/SAC071AA/MC071Anv.shtml
HDD link: http://support.gateway.com/s//HARDDRV/Quantum/H00401/h00401nv.shtml

Relevancy 46.87%

Hey I have outlets in my living room both are tied to the same A breaker Outlet - quot LED TV - W - Logitech Z speaker system - W RMS - Cable modem router - W good enough - Philips Living Colors LED lamp - W - PlayStation slim normally unplugged from power - W - Amiga normally unplugged from power - W Total W Outlet - PC - W - x quot LCD Monitor Hz - x W say W max - Logitech G keyboard Needed setup UPS for Advice - couldn't find - W good enough - External HDD Enclosure - - W Advice Needed for UPS setup Total W I had an old VA W UPS - Bross DJ which the batteries were dead it has V Ah batteries I replaced them and it is plugged in empty another room at the moment Will use this for outlet I also bought another VA W - Powercom RPT VA which was suggested in a popular local forum I was said it could power outlet Considering PC won't draw W and monitors were calculated with added wattage I guess this would be enough What do you think Considering both are kVA W and Bross has xbatteries instead of Powercom's xbattery does this mean Bross can power for longer There should be some difference between the two right In the manual of Powercom it writes that in order to reduce fire risk according to International codes ANSI NFPA that a A surge protector be used Now I believe this has been translated from Chinese or something Do they mean a breaker or some other device Considering I will use these both in the living room same A breaker would this cause issues Do I have to not only change the breaker of living room to A but also separate the two I could drill a hole to the back room - a bed room I don't use - and plug it to the outlet in there also changing the breaker to A Also I need couple more plugs would a power multiplier work if I balance the Wattage I doubt these have separate rails anyway Finally I have read here in the forums that it would be good to have a surge protector between UPS and wall outlet I couldn't locate the manual for Bross but Powercom should have surge protection Is it still good to use separate surge protection before them Lots of questions as I am very poor with these stuff

A:Advice Needed for UPS setup

You might ask an electrician Turkey has 230V plugs so it seems shared between 2 of them in that room
230V our 240V conversion is pretty powerful we would power an oven/ cloths dryer = large appliances off of it
You guys power small stuff with it

So at that amperage even though UPS's have their own gfi safety features it might be a good idea to add another sacrificial lamb to it

Most of our gfi breakers are 15A if lucky most would be 10A = 120V
20A would be a special request depending on what is connected to it and how long the string is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/376939-advice-needed-ups-setup.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hi every one first i hope the problem am about to post wasn t posted by anyone before coz i was reading through the topics in this forum but i couldnt find one like it so far so just in case i missed it am so sorry you can just forward me there and HELP AND URGENTLY NEEDED ADVICE then i will try to the solutions from there my problem started with the failure of my browser to view xampp content i tried alot of tests and fixes and friends from the apache friends forum directed me here since the problem seemed to be due to malware as they deduced it seems there is a problem with some of my services and also the windows firewall when i try to turn in or on through the control panel i get an windows firewall HELP AND ADVICE NEEDED URGENTLY is not using recommended settings when i click the use-recommended settings button i get quot Error code x quot however when i try the quot mpsrvc quot - i think that was its name- it shows that windows firewall was started or stopped successfully from the commandline some friends mentioned that i might need to use combofix but when i checked out the website it seems i can t do that without an expert s directions and help either so either way this remains my last hope What do you suggest thanks very much for your help

A:HELP AND ADVICE NEEDED URGENTLY

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save log(Do not click on FIXMBR)Post the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networkingDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply.Ignore it if there are no detected threats.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484213/help-and-advice-needed-urgently/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all, I am new to the world of NAS devices.
I have 5 X 3.5" Sata HardDisks which I would like to share the data around my home network.
I have 2 notebooks, 1 netbook, 1 iPad, 1 desktop and a PS3; I would ideally like to share my files with all devices, and it will be a bonus if I can create different user account for access.
I would like to spend around 150-350 ($240-$550USD) on the NAS.

Any advice would be appreciated.

A:NAS buying advice needed

I recently ordered (and haven't even received yet) from Newegg a Synology 1511+. I was about to press the order button on a Drobo FS until I read all the owner complaints about network speed. I realize, though, that both of these devices are a bit outside of your budget. You might find it a bit difficult to get what you're looking for without stepping up to at least $600 US. The Drobo FS is around $600-630 and the Synology Diskstation 1511+ is around $800-820 US. I could only find 2 qnap devices that supported 5 drives - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc= .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-buying-advice-needed.177030/