Windows Support Forum

Move Contacts & Calendar folder to new email address - Outlook 2016

Q: Move Contacts & Calendar folder to new email address - Outlook 2016

Windows 10 running Outlook 2016. When I did a fresh install I set up 3 email address and added my .csv files of contacts and calendar form prior install. I did not pay attention and Outlook 2016 assigned them to an email address I now wish to get rid of.

Did a web search and didn't come up with a good reliable way to transfer the folder to another email address PST file. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/32493-move-contacts-calendar-folder-new-email-address-outlook-2016-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Move Contacts & Calendar folder to new email address - Outlook 2016

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 105.35%

A widespread problem? My Outlook 2016 Mail is performing normally in Windows 10 and syncing mail with my phone. However...I cannot sync my calendar or contacts into my Lumia 735. I get hints (nothing specific) from online searching that since my service provider (Time Warner) doesn't use MS Exchange, that the syncing can't be done. Can anyone verify that?
My mail is transferred cleanly, but contacts and calendar won't come over to the phone.
Any ideas about a solution?
Windows 10 Anniversary version
Windows Phone 10 ...1594.03084

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/64066-outlook-2016-windows-phone-cant-sync-contacts-calendar.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I have Outlook 2016 installed as part of Office on my Windows 10 computer and would like to import the 2016 contacts and calendar to the Windows 10 Mail app. I have searched to web for instructions for doing so but have not found an answer. I intend to use the Mail app on a W10 machine without Office installed.

Can this be done and how do I go about doing it?

Thank you very much.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68710-importing-calendar-contacts-outlook-2016-windows-10-mail.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Help please!

I managed to import my contacts list from Outlook on windowsXP on my old laptop to Outlook on Vista on my new laptop. The imported list of contacts is in a sub folder I created to "Contacts" (I wanted to keep the list separate in case there were any problems).

Now I know the data has transferred fine, how do I now transfer the list from the sub folder to the main Contacts folder? I need to do that as that seems to be the only way to access the data in the sub folder for a mail merge I am doing. I can't find any other way to access the subfolder data when creating the mail merge.

Similarly, when I try and copy the data in that subfolder to MAccess, I can't get into that subfolder, only the main Contacts folder, so it seems that is where Vista needs the data to be!

Thanks

Billy

http://www.vistax64.com/software/259395-how-move-data-outlook-contacts-sub-folder.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi - I'm trying to set up my addresses in Outlook, having previously used WLM but although I have been able to do it in the past, I had to delete them and start again. This is the message I'm now getting. I tried online chat with Plusnet, but the person kept telling me to 1) remove my email address and then 2) send myself an email from Outlook. She then said it was an Outlook problem - any ideas, please?
Send test email message: Your outgoing (SMTP) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 552 Pjyb1t00306jQC301jyc4B message rejected due to spam

A:Problem setting up email address in Outlook 2016

Did that error appear when Outlook was testing the mail account settings? If it did then I'm not overly concerned. What happens if you ignore that and try to send a regular email? If it fails with a different error then post it here.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/problem-setting-email-address-outlook-2016-4597591/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi there,

I am using Outlook 2003 and I have many contacts that have multiple email addresses and I can not seem to find the option to allow me to specify which email address is the default for my contacts that have more than one email address.

Any help is appreciated.

RGDS & TIA

Curtis M.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-set-a-contacts-default-email-address.354130/
Relevancy 88.15%

I'm trying to help a friend who has just installed Office on her computer Windows Outlook to 10 Calendar 2016? Export Mail and for from calendar which was recently upgraded from Win to Win She's been using Outlook com and has accumulated a fair amount of email contacts and calendar appointments I've managed to get her email to show Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016? up by adding it to Outlook as a POP account I was able to import her contacts into Outlook from a file called OutlookContacts csv Now I'm trying to get her calendar with all its many calendars and appointments into Outlook I'm not sure why but Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016? the appointments all show up just fine in Mail and Calendar for Windows even though we did nothing to put them there as far as we know But she'd like them to appear when she clicks on the Calendar in Outlook and Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016? I can't find any information on how to do that I've also looked for some kind of Export function in the Mail and Calendar for Windows app but I came up empty How do I get her calendar into Outlook I can't be the only one who finds Microsoft awful at documenting this kind of basic functionality Millions of people must have tried to do the same thing before me but if there's any information out there on how to do this it has eluded me so far

A:Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?

You can manually export calendars from Outlook.com using a round-a-bout method I posted at this link. However, I don't think that's going to help you because what you really want to do is set up Outlook 2016 so that her email, calendar and contacts sync with (and stay in sync with) her Outlook.com account.

Therefore, instead of setting email up as a POP account and then importing calendar, contacts, etc. separately, why not just setup Outlook 2016 to work with her Outlook.com account? I haven't done it with Outlook 2016, only older Outlook versions that used Hotmail Connector, however the following instructions for Outlook 2016 seem fairly straight forward.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...7-76d60b148b23
If she has two-factor authentication switched on for her Outlook.com account, then you may need to generate an app password from her Outlook.com account, and use that as the password instead of the actual Microsoft Account password.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...p-verification

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/42300-export-calendar-mail-calendar-windows-10-outlook-2016-a.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello I am running Windows Outlook Our hard drive heated up very dusty and after that I was unable to access my In Box indicates unread messages in my Personal Folders When I click 2000 Unable to Outlook Folder/Contacts Book Address not Display in on the In Box the error is quot Unable to display the folder quot Within that set of Personal Folders I can access deleted files Drafts and other subfolders I tried Detect and Repair I tried downloading service pack Also my address book disappeared I was able to find Contacts and print a hard copy of email addresses but Import Export is greyed out My calendar with standing appointments is gone I may have made the problem worse by moving around subfolders between quot Outlook Today Archive Folders quot and Personal Folders I also have since Outlook 2000 Unable to Display Folder/Contacts not in Address Book received more email and so now I do not trust my archive pst or outlook pst to be the best copy Any ideas Salvagable I am thinking of going to Windows and buying Outlook and rebuilding my address book and cutting my losses with email Recommendations Thank you N nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail contacts. This is annoying as the contacts I want to view first is my POP3 contacts. I cannot see how to change it?

Also the Hotmail acc (which outlook has setup as an exchange acc is constantly saying 'updating address book' at the bottom. Can I fix / stop this?

Thanks
Wayne

A:Outlook 2016 contacts

In Outlook, go to the People Icon on the Left panel at the bottom so Contacts is showing. Then on the Toolbar go to the View tab and Folder Pane and make sure it is set to Normal. On the Left Folder Pane should be a list of your Mail boxes. Hotmail will be at the top. Drag Your Main POP3 mailbox to the top, or you can right click it and choose Move UP.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68563-outlook-2016-contacts.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I did a windows 8 refresh and now I have lost my emails, email folders, contacts, and calendar from outlook 2013. Can I get these back? It says refresh keeps personal files, does this include old emails, contacts, etc., etc.?

Thanks,
Sean

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/27597-lost-email-contacts-calendar-after-win-8-refresh.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a user that works for a subsidiary of our company. He is not on our Exchange server, but uses a Business Mail account through 1and1. The account uses POP3/IMAP, unfortunately.

Now, his Outlook has two Profiles created for the same address. One is for in the office, using our Exchange server for outgoing messages. The other is the same account, but for being out of the office using 1and1's SMTP server. Apparently, there was some issues sending messages through 1and1's outgoing server from within our network.

The problem he is having is that he as a second Calendar showing, called Calendar - This Computer Only. Any meeting requests he accepts go here, and not his "online" Calendar. He can drag them over to Calendar, and they will sync to his phone, but is there a way to change the default Calendar without having to create/specify a .pst file?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54637-outlook-2016-profile-calendar-issue.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I imported my Contacts from WLM to Outlook 2016.
In the Address Book it has assigned Display names identical to the email addresses (it didn't ask!)
I would like them to be the same as the Full (real) names.
It appears I can edit them one-by-one but for >200 that's a pain.
Is there a way to change them globally?
Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/75826-display-names-contacts-outlook-2016-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Can anyone tell me how to migrate my iCloud contacts to Outlook 2016?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrating-icloud-contacts-to-outlook-2016.1170525/
Relevancy 78.26%

I updated from Win 7 to 10 back during the crunch week ("last chance" week), and later discovered that my Outlooks 2016 contacts had gone missing. Blank. Nothing.

I have all of them on my iPhone. Can I use that to recreate my contacts?

A:Outlook 2016: Contacts deleted when upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10

I found my contacts on iCloud. I "selected" all contacts and then tried to use the tool (the "gear" symbol in lower left corner) to export as a vCard. I expected a popup with the ability to download the file to a sub-directory on the Win 10 machine of my choice. Instead, nothing happened. Yikes!

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/63436-outlook-2016-contacts-deleted-when-upgraded-win-7-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I found the tutorial in this forum called, "How to Import Windows Contacts into Outlook 2010." It all looked very much like Outlook 2016, so I followed the same steps to import my Contacts list from Windows 7 Contacts to Outlook 2016. Everything seemed to go okay, but I cannot find them in Outlook. Is there a different process to use for importing Windows Contacts to Outlook 2016? Maybe I don't know where to look for them, but there is nothing there when I try to open the Address Book in Outlook 2016. Is there another place where I should look? Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/400063-importing-windows-7-contacts-outlook-2016-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I updated from Win 7 to 10 back during the crunch week ("last chance" week), and later discovered that my Outlooks 2016 contacts had gone missing. Blank. Nothing.

I have all of them on my iPhone. Can I use that to recreate my contacts?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/63436-outlook-2016-contacts-deleted-when-upgraded-win-7-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I was using Outlook 2007 calendar and sync with google in my old computer. It worked fine. I did not successfully backup the outlook. Now, I am suing a new computer with vista. I am trying to sync google calendar with my outlook. It always pops this message out error:2016. I checked the error message online. It reads, "This error displays if you try to sync your events before signing up for Google Calendar. Please log in to Google Calendar at least once before using Google Calendar Sync." However, I tried logging in before I am doing sync, but it is still not working. Same error message pops up, always.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-2016-cannot-sync-google-calendar-with-outlook.797775/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi guys 'Boopme' had me run were was email book Email in hacked-contacts address sent spam my MiniToolBox and he wrote that he found errors and other issues and he bumped me to this thread Norton now seems to be removed and the restart was successful w out a restore This is what I wrote in under the from Am I infected thread Been having problems with my laptop running Vista Home premium svc pack One day a month ago Norton was not updating properly Upon the next boot-up windows Email was hacked-contacts in my address book were sent spam email would not start and I was forced to restart in safe mode with a system restore This was successful but Norton Security Suite was still not updating properly Since then on a few occasions I have attempted to uninstall Norton without success Email was hacked-contacts in my address book were sent spam email thru the program uninstaler Norton is unresponsive I even got the Norton rep to do a remote deletion of all registry files of Norton But they all returned after the reboot of my PC because windows would not open and I had to start-up thru system restore Since then my yahoo email been hacked and spam sent to the contacts of my address book I know I got something but I don't know what Can anyone take a stab at what I might need to do Thanks Brian DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Avira Desktop Enabled Updated F B DE -C B - C F- EFF- C BD D C C SP Avira Desktop Enabled Updated D AAC -E E- B - F- F C DA SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Users Owner Desktop SASCORE EXE C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accoca exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exe C Windows system dlbkcoms exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQLTMS Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPCapSvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accrdsub exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Users Owner AppData Roaming SanDisk SanDiskSecureAccess Manager exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPSched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acsagent exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Users Owner AppData Local Autobahn nexdef exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service v IntuitUpdateService exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Pro... Read more

A:Email was hacked-contacts in my address book were sent spam email

Greetings Brian and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please allow me some time to review the information you have provided and I will reply as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489139/email-was-hacked-contacts-in-my-address-book-were-sent-spam-email/
Relevancy 77.4%

i installed XP office. everything else is fine, but outlook just gives me a drive directory. for example, if i try to make a new appointment, i get 'could not open item'. any suggestions on how to fix this?

Relevancy 77.4%

During my initial Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade, I lost my Outlook 2016 contacts. They are backed up on iCloud (on the same Win 10 desktop) from my iPhone, but I don't know how to copy them to the Outlook 2016 contacts file. Can anyone help?

A:Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

Try the step listed here, it's lower down saying that they aren't in your deleted folder. It is hidden, if not showing click the light bulb and type in recover and it will show you the hidden item

Recover a deleted contact in Outlook - Outlook

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/65474-lost-outlook-2016-contacts-during-windows-10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 77.4%

During my initial Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade, I lost my Outlook 2016 contacts. They are backed up on iCloud (on the same Win 10 desktop) from my iPhone, but I don't know how to copy them to the Outlook 2016 contacts file. Can anyone help?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/65474-lost-outlook-2016-contacts-during-windows-10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have an att.net email account which is now serviced by Yahoo. Today a spam message originated from my account and was sent to everyone on my contacts list. "xmas" was in the subject line and the content was a web address which opens to a website apparently selling medications from Canada. Webroot antivirus has not detected any virus or malware on my computer. What should I do? Do I need to close the att.net email account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/contacts-from-my-email-account-were-spammed-using-my-email-address.969897/
Relevancy 76.97%

How can I import the 251 contacts that exist in my Contacts folder into Outlook 2007?
When I drag all of them into Outlook contacts they create a single contact.

Thank you for looking.

A:Importing contacts from the Contacts folder into Outlook 2007

Hi johnbigbootie89,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

Let me apologize that it took so long for someone to reply to your request - but it is now active and I think we'll be able to resolve it. In fact, I think I have just what you need.

Check out the following article: Importing contacts from Windows Contacts folder | MSOutlook.info. Make sure you use the Vista procedure. It seems the article was designed specifically for this purpose so I have high hopes it will accomplish your objective. You do not drag the contents (which is essentially copy/paste) - you use import/export instead.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/285639-importing-contacts-contacts-folder-into-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I just switched from WLM to outlook 07 and was wondering whats the best way to sync my calendar and contacts over?

A:How to sync WLM calendar and contacts to outlook 2007

Hello Joronamo
Apparently the answer is no.
Refer post by Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP [Mail] in the link below.
Sync Windows Vista Mail/Calendar/Contacts with Outlook - Windows Vista Mail

http://www.vistax64.com/software/244765-how-sync-wlm-calendar-contacts-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Suddenly I can't open my calendar or contacts in Outlook 2007. Have been using this software for several months. Can open mail and notes folders but not the other two above. When I click the folder the hand sign comes on and the screen freezes. If I try to open another folder the screen goes white and hangs. I have to start Task manager to shut the session down. Only recent changes are MS updates from the web but can't see any problems there. No error messages appear and all other programs run OK. Other recent change was upgrading virus software to Norton 360. Ops system is Vista Home Premium. Have searched MS website for a fix and this site. Can anyone suggest a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-calendar-contacts-issue.614014/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have an HP SPLIT 13-M121. I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I can't open my Outlook 2007 Calendar or Contacts. All my contacts were in 'contacts in iCloud.' I also had a problem with sending mail but running the 'scannow' command as system administrator solved that. I ran it 4 times but it didn't fix the contacts/calendar problem. I get an error message 'The set folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened.' I can navigate to the Outlook.pst file on my pc but when I try to open it, I get a message warning me that it's a system file and asking what app i want to use to open it.
I'd be very grateful for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-contacts-or-calendar-wont-open-in-windows-10.1158128/
Relevancy 76.54%

How do I go about setting up a user's contact list & calendar, to be shared by other user's on the network.

I will be able to log on under my log-on, but I am able to see other user's calendar or contacts. (shared)

A:Outlook 2000: Shared Contacts & Calendar

Hi you guys. Me again. I moved your post because Outlook is part of MS Office.

Are you on an Exchange Server or not? Is it installed with CW (Corporate Workgroup) or IMO (Internet Mail Only). If you're unsure, hit Help-About.

Sorry, but the answer depends a great deal on those questions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-shared-contacts-calendar.39746/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,
I updated Windows 14371 to 14372 the other day, and haven't had much thought to check Outlook as it was the weekend.
Today, when I went to open Outlook 2016, and create a new email, I started typing the contacts name, and nothing appeared, so I went to check the Contacts section in Outlook 2016, and all my contacts were gone.
All my emails are there in my inbox, and other folders have everything still, just the contacts are going?!!?!?
Don't get it, never had any issues with this before in other inside builds.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/54620-updated-14371-14372-contacts-outlook-2016-suddenly-gone.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am importing an Outlook 2016 generated .CSV contact list into a webmail email account but keep receiving the following error.

Unknown error for item "(Unknown)": Could not parse csv file - Reason : missing column name for column[92]

There are 92 columns and each one has a column name. 92 columns is what Outlook 2016 generates, most columns are empty, just the name. I had previously tried deleting columns with no data but still got the same error, and always for the last column.

Is there a trick to get this contact list imported successfully? I am trying to create a whitelist filter to reject all email where the FROM name isn't in my contact file. My .CSV file contains 162 rows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/402202-error-importing-outlook-2016-contacts-csv-file-into-webmail.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I replaced my hard drive and made a backup of the old drive contents before hand.

I installed a new version of Outlook (2007) and have downloaded all my old emails off my web server - so my inbox is working perfectly. I want to add my contacts / calendar, etc, but I am afraid if I import or "add" my old PST file I may get duplicates in my email inbox. How can I prevent this??

Thanks!

A:Import contacts & calendar in Outlook after I already restored inbox?

You should just be able to select what you want imported.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398090/import-contacts-calendar-in-outlook-after-i-already-restored-inbox/
Relevancy 75.68%

I downloaded and ran AVG PC Tuneup and it cleaned up by deleting about windows files and other files as well clean a of Need Export Emails, into Calendar Contacts, ver to Outlook as 'cleaned' registry keys etc Their customer support has been pretty useless and my laptop running win has so many issues that I plan on doing a restore to the original image delivered years ago Windows backup shows my last backup as Sept - though I thought it was supposed Need to Export Emails, Contacts, Calendar into a clean ver of Outlook to back things up weekly That being said in Outlook which I have the CD for I have mail accounts with lots of emails and contacts as well as Calendar events that I would like to export and then import into a clean version of Outlook Note that the contacts may also be part of groups etc that I would like to keep intact I have seen online info about exporting and creating a pst file Need to Export Emails, Contacts, Calendar into a clean ver of Outlook for emails but it seems that contacts and the calendar might be separate I just want three files that will pull back my original folders the emails in the folders my calendar the contacts for those accounts separated contacts for each email accnt and any groups that they might be in etc Need to Export Emails, Contacts, Calendar into a clean ver of Outlook Is there one function that will do this Is this just a simple export to a pst or I don't want to lose any data so want to do it right the first time Any input as to how I would do this would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Need to Export Emails, Contacts, Calendar into a clean ver of Outlook

Before you change anything have you checked to see if you have a Recovery point that you can use.

Open Control Panel, select Recovery & see if there is a Restore point you can use that is before the current dilemma. It may save you a lot of work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/357363-need-export-emails-contacts-calendar-into-clean-ver-outlook.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have been scratching my head and searching everywhere but I seem to have only questions and no answers to this one I have a business where I keep all my clients in an Access database The tables and queries include and Access and Contacts Outlook Syncing 2013 Calendar between all contact information and I also enter dates when I have had appointments with each client along Syncing Contacts and Calendar between Outlook and Access 2013 with details of our sessions Each week or whenever I get around to it I must do several things update all contact info in Access and export the data to a folder in my Outlook Contacts enter dates from my Outlook Calendar into the Services table via a form and fill in details export updated Contacts from Access to Excel to upload into my Enewsletter program to email newsletters to clients make sure my Outlook contact info is syncing correctly with my Samsung Galaxy I use gsyncit the best app I ve found for this refer to my contacts on the phone to get addresses as I am on my way to each client s house or business Quite a pain right If only I could set up a system where any new changes to contact info made EITHER from Outlook OR from Access automatically synchronize AND the address info is included in my Outlook Calendar entry for the person AND a service entry is entered in my Access database for that call wouldn t my life be easier Isn t this why I have Office in the first place And most importantly why can t I figure out how to get this done I am a computer consultant--and I am baffled I need more brains on this issue and would surely appreciate any help Oh--and I teach normal people computers and fix many technical issues--but I do NOT write code and would need specific directions if that is part of the solution Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi everyone A few days ago I got a mailerdamon failure notice I looked and it was a link sent out to a bunch of my contacts I ve changed my password about times and it just happened again today I m changing my password from another computer my sent my being from address to email all email virus out contacts btw When I look in my sent folder it doesn t have the virus email as virus email being sent out from my email address to all my contacts one that s been sent I just downloaded Avira Antivirus and it says its blocking a virus email being sent out from my email address to all my contacts site from connecting to my computer it scanned and found two GEN pwd zip virus and quarantined them I m also getting a DEP error on IE when I try to get on the net Worth noting the past few days I was on another forum do to my computer trying to connect to quot pinball corp quot I was using malwarebytes at that time which I ve since uninstalled because Avira says it might conflict with it We went through all the malware removal procedures and when I tried to run TFC exe my computer froze So I hardbooted it When it came back on I couldn t run any programs and my wireless network driver was uninstalled I was able to delete a lot of programs from my startup folder that I wasn t using and when I restarted I could run programs again Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-email-being-sent-out-from-my-email-address-to-all-my-contacts.1095378/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi everyone!

What is the best way to sync my emails, contacts, and calendar with my Outlook 2010 (win7 pc), iPhone, and iPad2?

Basically, I want to send/receive emails to all devices, and update my calendar and contacts on my Outlook, and then have my iOS devices update automatically be synced with my Outlook contacts and calendar, and vice versa.

I've used Microsoft Exchange in the past to do this, but it seems like over kill... and it's a little overcomplicated for me. I was hoping I could just do all this with Gmail, but it seems that I need MS Exchange to do it that way too.

Any help and advice is very appreciated!!!
I'll be on the forum all day, so let me know if I need to clarify what I'm asking.

Thank you!!

A:Best way to Sync Outlook, iPhone, & iPad Emails, Contacts & Calendar?

I do the emails and calendar using gmail (imap) and Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

I've never bothered to look into syncing the contacts though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/208223-best-way-sync-outlook-iphone-ipad-emails-contacts-calendar.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi together,

is there any way to have the default Win8 mail tile open Outllok 2013-Mail, the calendar tile open the Outllok calendar and so on?
Regards Stefan

A:How to have Outlook 2013 use the default tiles mail, calendar, contacts?

Hi, Creating a tile is not the Problem... The tile should Show updates like New Mails.

Regards Stefan

Only Windows 8 apps using WinRT can have live tiles.
Outlook 2013 isn't a WinRT apps. You should use the Mail apps (that can use any Exchange server) instead.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0b9def05-8e3f-499a-ae0e-9a9635d65393/how-to-have-outlook-2013-use-the-default-tiles-mail-calendar-contacts?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 74.82%

I have multiple pst files in outlook. how do I select a specific pst to be the default for my contacts calendar notes etc? is there a way to hide the others from appearing? I only need the others for email

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-multiple-psts-how-do-i-make-1-pst-a-default-for-contacts-calendar-etc.1078667/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello there First of all MAJOR THANK YOU'S and apologies you've got a total IT idiot here in this post I'm telling you I'm really clueless Secondly the reason for my My to contacts my address spam others, is email not used but being post I must have clicked on something in an email I KNOW My email address is being used to spam others, but not my contacts I KNOW Wrong move right that captured hijacked compromised my email address For the past several days I've been getting postmaster delivery notification-delivery has failed bouncebacks--- going right into my Junk Mail folder I didn't think much of it until Verizon suspended my email account this morning for My email address is being used to spam others, but not my contacts MISUSE LITTLE OL' ME Misuse Yup And I can tell they are FULL OF JUNK because they are trying to sell off-label Viagra and Cialis BTW do people really believe that these meds are the real thing You get what you pay for people A four-hour erection may be the least of your worries Sorry I got off topic Anyway it has probably happened like - times in the past several days I have gone in and changed my password it's SUPER STRONG NOW and my security questions but from what I've read there is probably still something sitting on my computer that will make this happen again If you can help I would be so grateful and even if you can't thanks for trying --- Jenn Here's my log hehehehe she said log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Jennifer at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Enabled Updated D FA C -F - B -D EC- EDF CEDB SP Norton Enabled Updated E -D C- F-EC C- AD B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Norton Enabled E E -BF - E -FDB -A EAC E A Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files LSI SoftModem agr svc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C PROGRA FROMDO bar bin barsvc exe C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hpsa service exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Wi-Fi Connect WiFiConnect exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packa... Read more

A:My email address is being used to spam others, but not my contacts

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/533416 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533416/my-email-address-is-being-used-to-spam-others-but-not-my-contacts/
Relevancy 73.96%

Ran several malware programs but problem still there FRST exe log files attached Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Owner administrator on OWNER-PC - - Running from C Users Owner DesktopLoaded Profiles Owner Available Profiles Owner Platform Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted address my from getting email Contacts spammed If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SLsvc exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Realtek Semiconductor C Windows RtHDVCpl exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Cisco WebEx LLC C Contacts getting spammed from my email address Windows System atashost exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Contacts getting spammed from my email address Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Contacts getting spammed from my email address VS DEBUG MDM EXE Murray Hurps Software Pty Ltd C Program Files Ad Muncher AdMunch exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows ehome ehtray exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows ehome ehmsas exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqste exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wuauclt exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System msiexec exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System conime exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Windows RtHDVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier gt C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe - - Apple Inc HKLM Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup gt C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe - - Macrovision Corporation HKLM Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM Run Ad Muncher gt C Program Files Ad Muncher AdMunch exe - - Murray Hurps Software Pty Ltd HKLM RunOnce delete privazer uninstaller at next PC boot gt cmd c rmdir q s C Users Owner AppData Local Temp Pri lt ATTENTIONWinlogon Notify SASWinLogon C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO DLL - - SUPERAntiSpyware com HKLM Policies Explorer NoCDBurning HKU S- - - - - - - Run ehTray exe gt C Windows ehome ehTray exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU S- - - - - - - Run WMPNSCFG gt C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU S- - - - - - - Policies system LogonHoursAction HKU S- - - - - - - Policies system DontDisplayLogonHoursWarnings HKU S- - - - - - - MountPoints fe a - - dc- - e f e - E SETUP EXEHKU S- - - - - - - Control Panel Desktop SCRNSAVE EXE - gt C Windows system Bubbles scr - - Microsoft Corporation ShellExecuteHooks - AEB E- E - d - EE- C FD - No File ShellExecuteHooks SA... Read more

A:Contacts getting spammed from my email address

Greetings techboy and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please consider and do this.===================================================P2P Warning--------------------Going over your logs I noticed that you have Limewire installed. It is pretty much certain that if you continue to use P2P programs, you will get infected again.Avoid gaming sites, pirated software, cracking tools, keygens, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs.They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming and underground sites.Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users.The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications.I would recommend that you uninstall Limewire, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove the program, you can do so via Start > Control Panel > Add/... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592352/contacts-getting-spammed-from-my-email-address/
Relevancy 73.96%

This is very embarassing, as it's an ad for "male" pills and some of these people are older family members that don't understand how this can happen. I understand the spoofing and using my email address to cover up the real address, but how do they get all my email contacts? Will this happen again? Is there anything I can do about it?

Relevancy 73.96%

One email address in my contacts disappeared. It does not pop out automatically anymore when I spell the first letter.

I checked in my red list if I had misplaced it but this address was not there either.

I still can write to this person and she will receive my emails. However I do not receive her emails anymore.
I tried to trick the system by emailing her through the same account with a second account I put with the
new system since Microsoft suppressed the links accouts. Same thing: she will receive my email but I do not receive
hers.

Can anyone help me to fix this problem.
Thanks a lot.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/29069-one-my-email-address-my-contacts-disappeared.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My computer would not boot up so I had to replace the hard drive. Unfortunately I did not back up or export my email folders or contacts, etc. I was using Outlook 2007 email.

The drive I replaced would not start up windows but it is readable so I now have the bad C drive with the data connected as a second drive on my PC. Is there a way I can recover the data or create and export a backup file from the old drive to my new drive? I can?t even file the file where the data is normally stored; it used to be under the appdata\local\ etc. Maybe because the drive is not being booted up by an operating system I can?t see all the files? I?m not sure so please help me find my emails and contacts! Thank you in advance for any help I receive!

Kjj547

A:Can't find my email folder or contacts folder in Windows 8

Have you posted this in the Performance and Maintenance Forum ? Although subject is email, also a recovery issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/gtsearch....&q=recovery+HD

Check this thread and other threads under the tutorial section (top left of page). Use the "search" feature on tutorial page.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/66897-cant-find-my-email-folder-contacts-folder-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Is there any way to move the cached contacts to another PC.....

For example; if you send an email to a new email address, (say [email protected]) outlook saves it somewhere, and the next time you type K, that address, plus all the other ones beginning with K will drop down.

The email address is not in the address book, as it would have had to be added manually.
If someone know where these contacts are stored, and if they can be moved, it'd be a great help.

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 - how to move cached contacts to a different PC

The auto-complete suggestions in Outlook come from what is called a nickname list that is generated by Outlook over an extended period of time. The files that are used with the nickname list have the extension .nk2 and are usually stored in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\your-profile\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
These .nk2 files may be hidden so make sure to enabling viewing of hidden files within Windows explorer. Once you find the files you can try copying them from one Windows profile to another to see if the auto-suggestions will be transferred. I've never done this myself but I would assume the you would need the same contacts in your contacts folder or address book as well.

You can also type the first few letters of an email address and press CTRL + K to autoresolve the address or bring up the list of possible values to choose from.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-how-to-move-cached-contacts-to-a-different-pc.726523/
Relevancy 73.53%

OS XP home I recently re-installed my entire computer incl MS Office When restoring the pst files something went wrong Maybe I needed to re-install more than just pst files maybe it screwed up because I renamed the back-up files Either way the problem is that the Contact folder is not displayed in the Outlook Address Book and I cannot manage to make it so I tried the following - Right-clicking the Contacts folder Properties Outlook Address Book tab The checkbox quot Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book quot is greyed out so I cannot check it - Tools E-mail (Outlook in Address Outlook Contacts Book not 2002) Solved: accounts View or change existing directories or address books Outlook Address Book - MAPI is listed as Solved: Contacts not in Outlook Address Book (Outlook 2002) only one When pressing Change I get an error message quot This E-mail account cannot be configured Please run Outlook and choose this profile before attempting to make changes to it quot There is only one profile I had before re-installation but no longer needed the second If I try to Add an Additional Outlook Address Book or a Personal Address Book I get the error message quot The account you have added is not fully configured It might not work properly until re-configured correctly quot Nice but how to re-configure it correctly I prefer not having to re-install the program I tried to Remove the listed Outlook Address Book but then could still not Add one same error message so the originally listed one re-appeared What can I do nbsp

A:Solved: Contacts not in Outlook Address Book (Outlook 2002)

Did anyone respond to this 2.5 year old problem with a solution? I have exactly the same problem now and hope there is a solution out there. I'm puzzled and cannot find the solution on the net. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-contacts-not-in-outlook-address-book-outlook-2002.316561/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have 1300 Outlook 2007 contacts, some without Emails, some with good Emails and doubtless some with out-of-date Emails. Is there an easy way to notify all the good Email address of my new Email address? I tried mass mailing all the A's and the error message reads..."550 (message) does not conform to RFC2822 standard." No idea what that means.

Any suggestions? And thanks as always...you guys are great!

A:Mass Email to contacts re: address change?

My guess is that some of the email address contain invalid characters somewhere in them or your ISP has some type of anti-spam procedure that prevents you from emailing more than a certain number of people at a time. I would start by exporting your list of contacts to an Excel file and then scroll through them looking for invalid characters or extra leading or trailing spaces.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mass-email-to-contacts-re-address-change.830205/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Just noticed today that my email address is being used ot send mail to my address book Im receiving tons of return mail from aol becasue of this I tried changing my aol password and runnnig superantispyware which found infections wehich I my my address someone with sending to contacts emails email cleared The problem is still there I dont know if this is a hijack problem so I ran hijack this here is the report What can I do to resolve this issue Thanks windows sony vaio using google chrome GB hard drive GB memory Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows someone sending emails to my contacts with my email address WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection someone sending emails to my contacts with my email address Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility ThirdPartyAppMgr exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exe C Program someone sending emails to my contacts with my email address Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWi exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil i ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run RegistrationReminder quot C Program Files Sony Fi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/someone-sending-emails-to-my-contacts-with-my-email-address.953250/
Relevancy 73.1%

My hard drive crashed and I have lost a bunch of email and address book contacts that were and crashed email address contacts. book not backed up I am running Windows Ultimate on a Quad-core machine with G of RAM I am running Microsoft Office and I need to retrieve my email and contacts from Outlook My hard drive is not completely dead I can try to boot from it however it immediately goes into Repair System mode I have tried numerous times to do a System Restore crashed email and address book contacts. but it never succeeds I continually get the message that quot Windows cannot repair this disk automatically quot I have tried crashed email and address book contacts. to boot from the DVD and repair the damaged files but it just goes into the same Repair System mode and I get the same message I also received the following- Problem Signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature quot quot unknown quot quot AutoFailover quot quot NoBootFailure OS Version Locale ID I also ran chkdsk R from the command prompt but it did not fix any boot problems I can however connect the hard drive as a second drive in the unit after installing Windows Ultimate on another hard drive and connect to it and read the data on the drive I have been able to retrieve all of my data files pictures music videos etc except for the Outlook data When I click on Outlook on the damaged drive I get a message about installing the program Of course the program is already installed- I just want to access it and retrieve data How can I retrieve my emails and contact information from Outlook Is there a way to repair the boot files boot ini or Registry to enalbe the hard drive to boot up Windows I am very appreciative of any help I can get

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/303884-crashed-email-address-book-contacts.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My hard drive crashed and I have lost a bunch of email and address book contacts that were not backed up I am running Windows Ultimate on a Quad-core machine with G of RAM I am running Microsoft Office and I need to retrieve my email and contacts from Outlook My hard drive is not completely dead email address contacts. and crashed book I can try to boot from it however it immediately goes into Repair System mode I have tried numerous times to do a System Restore but it never succeeds I continually get the message that Windows cannot repair this disk automatically I have tried to boot from the DVD and repair the damaged files but it just goes into the same Repair System mode and I get the same message I also received the following- Problem Signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature unknown AutoFailover NoBootFailure OS Version Locale ID I also ran chkdsk R from the command prompt but crashed email and address book contacts. it did not fix any boot problems I can however connect the hard drive as a second drive in the unit after installing Windows Ultimate on another hard drive and connect to it and read the data on the drive I have been able to retrieve all of my data files pictures music videos etc except for the Outlook data When I click on Outlook on the damaged drive I get a message about installing the program Of course the program is already installed- I just want to access it and retrieve data How can I retrieve my emails and contact information from Outlook Is there a way to repair the boot files boot ini or Registry to enalbe the hard drive to boot up Windows I am very appreciative of any help I can get

A:crashed email and address book contacts.

Hello,I would suggest using a live Linux disk to copy the files containing your Outlook contacts (they are usually .pst files) to a flash drive, then reimport it into Outlook on a healthy machine.Here is how to import contacts into Outlook using .pst files.Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578950/crashed-email-and-address-book-contacts/
Relevancy 73.1%

Yesterday a few of the people I have email addresses of have notified me that they My email is spamming address contacts. Yahoo! my received an email from me with a link to a malicious website I have since changed my password but they say they are still receiving emails with links in them I run Avast Internet Security and since this has started I ve run a virus scan with Avast and I ve run a malware scan with Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware with nothing being found on either one of them Please Help DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Admin at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Internet Security Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Internet Security Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C My Yahoo! email address is spamming my contacts. ACF FW avast Internet Security Enabled B - -D - E - A A D BBB Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast afwServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system svchost exe -k HsfXAudioService C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Backup Now EZ BackupNowEZSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows System alg exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpCaslNotification exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefo... Read more

A:My Yahoo! email address is spamming my contacts.

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401755/my-yahoo-email-address-is-spamming-my-contacts/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have switched to Windows 10 for mail and calendars as Outlook was taking too long to load. I have set up my gmail account for mail and all is working fine. However I use iCloud for my calendars and want to see my iCloud calendars in Windows 10.

However I am having problems setting up my iCloud account in Windows 10. I enter the relevant details but the "looking for your settings" process never completes. Could this be because I use the same email address for Gmail and my Apple ID?

I suspect I'm making a basic error but would welcome any suggestions. Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/65558-icloud-google-calendar-conflict-both-use-same-email-address.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have reinstalled OL2003 and my account was imported from Outlook Express. However, I cannot figure out how to get my contact folder to show in my address book when I am looking for an address to send an email. The Address Book properties shows 'Contacts' as the address source, the first list to be searched and checked the option for it to be the contact folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Relevancy 72.67%

i had a Win 10 automatic upgrade this morning. i have about 15 email addresses that i monitor. Since rebooting following the upgrade about half of address books are missing. The address book tab is no longer in the properties.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2016-address-book-tab-missing.1166079/
Relevancy 72.67%

Windows Pro Outlook I have a correspondent in Austria let's call her Joan Smith not her real name Her E-mail address is j smith abc xy In my address book she is listed as Joan Smith lt j smith abc Automatic in finder address Outlook 2016 xy gt When I want to send her a message I can type a j upper Automatic address finder in Outlook 2016 or lower case in the address space which gives a dropdown menu with j names including Joan Smith lt j smith abc xy gt When she replies to me the return address is listed as j smith abc xy without the Joan Smith part If i incautiously reply to such a message as is without first hitting the j and selecting the full name and address to replace what's in the address space the message goes out to j smith abc xy without any name and my automatic popup entry of Joan Smith lt j smith abc xy gt is gone forever To get it back I have to delete the j smith abc xy from the dropdown list reboot the computer open up Outlook write a new message to Joan Smith lt j smith abc xy gt and send it reboot the computer again and only then when I hit j in the address space Joan Smith lt j smith abc xy gt will appear among the j choices in the dropdown menu Can anybody tell me what I have to do to avoid having her name-less return address override the entry in my automatic search list Set the search to use the address book instead of the automatic search list My address book has about entries at least of them under j so the resulting dropdown would be much more unwieldy than the automatic one which includes only those people with whom I actively correspond

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632292/automatic-address-finder-in-outlook-2016/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/75253-outlook-2013-outlook-2016-restoring-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75253-outlook-2013-outlook-2016-restoring-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 72.67%

A friend of mine recently started getting a lot of emails from people on her contact list saying that they look like spam. They asked her if she sent these emails and of course, she didn't. She has changed her password but the problem persists. She has run a number of different scans and that hasn't solved the problem either. Is there anything that can be done?

A:A friend's email address is on multiple emails to contacts

If her contact list has been hacked, it can't be undone.  If they have the contact list, changing the password will not change anything.  Sounds like she needs to lock down her phone better.  She needs to be more careful, and check all her privacy settings.  Have her create a new email and let her contacts know.  People don't realize that they are granting the world access to their personal information with these phones.  Google+, Facebook, instagram, Pinterest, etc.... they all access ALL your personal info by default, and makes it simple for others to gain access.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591342/a-friends-email-address-is-on-multiple-emails-to-contacts/
Relevancy 72.24%

In Word 97 I was easily able to insert an individual address from the Outlook Contacts folder into a Word document for a letter, label or envelope via the main toolbar in Word. In Word 2003, this icon seems to have disappeared and is now located in Tools/Letters&Mailings/Envelopes&Labels. When I click on the "open book" icon I get an error message as follows:
"Address Book Failure. 'Unspecified Error'. Check your mail setup. You must have Extended MAPI version 1.0 or higher to use this feature".
I have a feeling that I have inherited this problem from my earlier installation of Office 97 and when Outlook was installed with Office 2003, it merely "borrowed" the info in my .pst file to create a new one.
Is there a way round this problem?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Private build pc, OS Windows XP, Office 2003 Professional

Relevancy 72.24%

I am having trouble transfering the information from my Outlook contacts and calendar to the Windows mail program in Vista.
Any know of an easy way to transfer?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/145717-outlook-address-book-calendar.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I imported my Contacts data from Outlook 2000 to Outlook XP and am trying to use the contacts to address e-mail messages. Some contacts with e-mail addresses will autofill (i.e., the e-mail address appears while I am typing the name) but others never appear, no matter what combinations of first & last names I try. One address even autofills although it isn't in my Contacts!

I haven't been able to find anything about this problem in the MS knowledge base.

Relevancy 71.38%

I find that whenever I receive a mail and then reply the Email ID of the person does not get saved and show in the Address Book/Contacts of Outlook. Any ideas?

A:Ms Outlook Address book/contacts

It depends on what version of Microsoft Office you have: Automatically Add Addresses to Outlook Contacts

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/ms-outlook-address-book-contacts-989537.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Can anybody help me. i have a new machine and intend using mozilla thunderbird rather than MS outlook.
Is there a way I can copy contacts from old machine and install in Thunderbird?

A:Outlook address book/contacts

Thunderbird can import messages and contacts from Outlook, that's for sure, but I can't find out what format the data must be in for importing. If you export your "Contacts" folder with Outlook's "Import & Export" tool, that will create a PST file which contains all your contact data.

If Thunderbird can import PST files you're good to go. If it can't, your Outlook "Contacts" folder can instead be exported as a 'Comma Separated Values (Windows)' file (CSV) which can be imported into most popular Windows email clients.

Export both formats at same time and I'm sure one of them will be okay for importing into Thunderbird.
I do know it will import Outlook data (I just checked their website) but I've never actually used it to know which file-types it can import.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-address-book-contacts.981081/
Relevancy 71.38%

Outlook 2003 - XP...

I can't figure out why my Address Book and Contacts are different.
I'd like to update my Contacts to be the same as my Address Book, which is where my Outlook goes to address my mail.
I need to export my Contacts to import into my new Mac.
I can't see any way to export the Address book, or even save it to a PAB file, although I must have done it sometime ago when I first set up this system.
I do understand the Contacts is contained as a folder in my PST file.
But where does the Address Book file live and how do I use it to update my Contacts?
Am I crazy?
Thanks,
Ron

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/address-book-vs-contacts-outlook.873786/
Relevancy 71.38%

I opened my address book up and edited it (adding and deleting anyone I wanted/didn't want). I then closed the address book, and went into outlook and clicked on Contacts. It still shows everything I just deleted, and doesn't show anything new.

I was under the impression the Address Book and Contacts were the same thing. Apprarently not! Anyway, I selected all my contacts, and deleted them. Now my contacts are empty, but my address book is full and what I would like to use. How do I get all those "contacts" from my address book into the Contacts folder within Outlook so when I'm composing an email, I can hit on the New email, then to the TO..(to bring up my contacts)

Relevancy 71.38%

Hiya I m doing some work for my Dads book and calendar Sharing address Outlook office its a small at the moment estate agents with just employees secretary and main workers Currently they have PC s all networked through an ADSL router They have PC each and a server which contains all their documents and all the software that contains their properties for sale which can be accessed from any of the other PCs At the moment they each have their own email address which they each download into Sharing Outlook address book and calendar Outlook on their own PC What they want to do is for the secretary to be able to see the workers Outlook calendars and book meetings and appointments for them from her PC We want to do this properly so that it is easy to add new users in the future if and when the company expands but does that mean we will have to change to a Outlook and Exchange system Or can it be done just by storing eveyones calendar on the server Also they want to have a global address that everyone can access and a personal one for each person on each PC I have done a bit of networking so can set up the network shares and access rights and things like that but I have not done anything more complicated than use Outlook and have never set up Exchange So the more info you can give the better I must stress than they want this done properly now so that it will be easy to add users in the future a quick fix or this isn t the best way of doing it but are not what I need TIA Steve nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-outlook-address-book-and-calendar.57425/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all:

First time poster.

In the folder/tree view on the left in Outlook 2007 (Windows XP Pro) the Contacts folder is not showing up.

In Outlook 2003, it was right there underneath Calendar, which, by the way, is also missing from the Folder/Tree view.

I can access my Contacts via the big tab at the bottom but I want the tree/folder view as it broke up the hierarachy very nicely.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance,

--d.

A:Outlook Contacts not showing up in Tree/Folder view (Outlook 2007)

Use "Folder List" view to see all of your folders in a single list. Either click the little folder icon in the Navigation Pane on the left-hand side or click Go | Folder List in the Menu Bar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-contacts-not-showing-up-in-tree-folder-view-outlook-2007.722513/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,
I've a Windows 7 contacts folder located here: C:\Users\Richard\Contacts
But it is not the same as my Live Mail address book.

My Live Mail Address book has new contacts in it.

1) How do I update the Windows 7 contacts folder?

2) And what is the point of the Windows 7 contacts folder if it doesn't stay in sync with the Live Mail address book?

Regards Richard

A:Windows 7 Contacts Folder and Live Mail Address Book Not in Sync?

The Contacts folder is left over from Window Vista and if you were to go to the trouble of "reinstating" Windows Mail (the previous mail version that came only with Vista) then it would use the Contacts folder. If you have downloaded and installed WLM (a component of Windows Live Essentials) it has its own contacts database within the <user>/appdata folder tree. You can access this database only through the WLM program (and the website contacts.live.com if you sign-in since that site mirrors your "signed-in" contacts list). If you don't sign-in then you are viewing your "not-signed-in" contacts list in WLM which is also located in the appdata folder tree. If you have placed any contacts in the old Username/Contacts folder, you can import them into WLM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/140049-windows-7-contacts-folder-live-mail-address-book-not-sync.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Welcome

Go to live mail, >contacts (bottom left). Then on the top file>import, export. Export it (transfer) to a finger drive or medium of your choice.

A:Where is Windows Live Mail address book (contacts) folder located?

From what I was able to find, they are located in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\{b5f3929f-ba60-4632-ad4e-b602b1c8e007}\DBStore

There is a contacts.edb file in there. So I would say richc46's answer will be best. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/89411-where-windows-live-mail-address-book-contacts-folder-located.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I posted a question three weeks ago about my primary email addess being compromised after MSN stole my data and put it on the cloud. For some reason my question was buried underground 'for a private answer' by the moderator and I haven't heard a word since - Can someone explain why the question was taken down and the question left unanswered by the moderator?

Regarding Contacts Folder/Interface in WLM - how do i disable it. I don't want it, I don't want it creating files and folders I haven't asked for. I don't want it invading my privacy and I don't want it interferring and distributing my data across the internet AGAIN for reasons as explained above

Any info on either item much appreciated. Thanks

A:email compromise/contacts folder

There are two contacts lists in WLM: "signed-in" and "not-signed-in". It sounds like you want to keep your "signed-in" list empty and use only the "not-signed-in" list. If you already have your contacts in the "signed-in" list you should transfer them to the "not-signed-in" list by exporting them to a csv or vcf file on your pc while you are signrd-in. Then delete the entire list while you are still signed-in. Now go to the Options/Connection tab and push the button labled "stop signing in" and close WLM. The next time you open WLM you will be viewing the "not-signed-in" contacts list which may be empty if you have never used it. Now "import" the contacts you saved on your pc.

Note that you can keep even your signed-in contacts private even though they are being saved by Microsoft at contacts.live.com but you need to go through the privacy settings for your Live profile on the web and make sure they're not visible to anyone but yourself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/243662-email-compromise-contacts-folder.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I recently moved by Outlook pst file from my desktop to a laptop since we ll be on the road the rest of this year Never mind all the dumb things I did but as of now my Contacts are accessible only by clicking the quot contacts quot bar down below the quot mail quot bar and a couple of others on the left half of the Outlook window If I click the little book icon up at the top Outlook complains that it can t open the Contacts folder then gives me a chance to select another folder from a drop-down list that says Address book Contacts Contacts Contacts None of these work They all either can t be opened or contain no information So My Question IS If every Outlook Contacts lost Book Address contacts folder Outlook can list is either gone or empty where are the contacts which show up by pressing the Contacts bar actually located And how do I put them into the Address Book so that when I type in the first few letters of a contact in the quot To quot box it will give me the chance to accept what it pulls up And how do I find out where the empty missing Contacts folders are and get them the hell off the drop-down list Thanx in advance al nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

thanks so much for this service - I have gone through the forums and I know this is a commom question but I can't find the answer thanks for your support with this service.

Outllook 2007

I want to make distribution lists for my contacts.

I go to file new distribution list within a group of contacts and can make and save the distribion list

I open the distribution list and select members.

In address book the contacts do not appear ?

Why thanks for this service

DJ

A:Outlook 2007 address book does not see contacts

Hi Donjar,
It sounds like your contacts folder is not listed as an Outlook Address Book. Right-click your contacts folder and go to Properties and then the Outlook Address Book tab. Check the box for "show this folder as an email address book". Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-address-book-does-not-see-contacts.1035878/
Relevancy 70.52%
Relevancy 70.52%

I sync Outlook with a Tungsten E. My Address Book is completely empty, even though it seems to be looking in the right area of Contacts. What to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-address-book-link-with-contacts.330502/
Relevancy 70.52%

My operating system is Windows -bit I transferred 2007--Contacts Outlook not in Address Book all of my files from my old computer which Outlook 2007--Contacts not in Address Book ran XP--SP My email client on that computer was Outlook After transferring the files I loaded Outlook onto the new computer and carried out whatever setup instructions I was given The standard toolbar on Outlook has a search box labeled quot Search address books quot On my old computer if I wanted for example to Outlook 2007--Contacts not in Address Book look up a contact s phone number I could search via that box and find the contact On the new computer no name comes up in that box when I search it It s empty To look up a contact I have to go from the Email page to the Contacts page and search in a box labeled quot Search All Contact Items quot All of my contacts are in there actually they re in there twice somehow duplicate contacts folders were made and the search box locates them I do not have a problem with email addresses When I begin to type the name of a contact in the quot To quot box of an email a list of contacts email addresses appears in a drop-down box just as it did on my old computer I want to include all of my contacts in the address book that appears on the Outlook toolbar Can anybody tell me how to do it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I have worked diligently to import outlook .pst file/s to a new Outlook installation (Outlook 2003 on Windows 7). All contacts, emails and folders are shown correctly.

However, when I am in the inbox and click on "New" to create a new email message, then click on "To" to select the intended recipient, no contact list appears???

Does anyone know how to configure this correctly?

Thank you in advance,

Bruce Weigman

Relevancy 70.52%

Re: Outlook 2003 not Outlook Express
Operating System: Windows XP

How do I save my Outlook Address Book (all Contacts) so I can take it from one computer (my desktop) and install it in another computer (my laptop)?

Have you ever actually done this yourself? The reason I ask is because the standard Microsoft Help and Support steps are not right.

Once again, I use Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express.

Thank you very much for your help...

BridgeTender
[email protected]

A:Outlook 2003 Address Book (Contacts)

BridgeTender said:

Have you ever actually done this yourself? The reason I ask is because the standard Microsoft Help and Support steps are not right.]Click to expand...

What steps did you try then? No point in giving you a method if you have tried it and failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-address-book-contacts.824839/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, Will someone please help! My computer HP Pavalion Desktop Windows Vista Home Premuim. Is messed up I have been scanning for infections and backing my music, my documents, pictures etc. to Disks. Can't figure out how to back up addrees book so I don't have to put all my contacts in manually is there a way. Please Help! Thank You very much. I'm going to Recover to Manufacture I have the disks! With hopes of getting rid of my pc's issues.

A:Outlook 2007 Contacts Address Book!

You need to use the Import/Export command within Outlook to back up your PST's.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349132/outlook-2007-contacts-address-book/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi there Peano. Did you ever solve your problem because I am now encountering the same issue with my contacts and address book.

Cheers.

Relevancy 70.52%

I have all my contacts including postal address and email addresses stored in outlook 2010 as contacts it syncs to my iPhone and generally it works very well.

But when I want to send an email to one of these contacts I start the new email and go to the outlook address book but then if this is a recent contact that I have not emailed before.

I have to add the email address into the outlook address book as a new contact.

Then outlook asks me if I want to update the person in the contact list, clicking yes adds the email address to the contact list.

But why do I have to add the email address into the address book why does it not retrieve the email address from the contact list

So is it possible to add all my contact emails addresses into the address book without having to do them one by one.

A:What is difference between address book and contacts in outlook

Address Book was actually Windows Address Book that came with WinXP and was used by Outlook Express. Contacts in Outlook could be used to import from WAB. The Contacts in Win7 is located in C:\Users\YourLogin\Contacts appears to be separate from Outlook's Contacts which are stored along with messages, settings, etc., in Outlook's .pst file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/363002-what-difference-between-address-book-contacts-outlook.html
Relevancy 70.52%

OK I'm confused. I finally managed to import all my contacts from roadrunner and Live to Outlook, but the contacts appear under PEOPLE. How do I get them to the address book so that when I click TO: to send an email the contacts appear?????

A:Outlook contacts vs. address book and people

People in Outlook 2013 is the old Contacts. When you create new email and click To, the list will appear.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/49032-outlook-contacts-vs-address-book-people.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
I recently got a new computer and transfered all my pst files over to the new outlook. I have all my contacts listed in the contact folder, but for some reason they are not showing up in my address book. I had this problem in the past a little over a year ago, and remember that a friend came and did a simple click..click and mad my contacts visible in the address book, but I can't for the life of me figure out what he did and he is not available to ask. Anyone know how to get my contacts to appear in the address book. I seem to remember him doing something with properties somewhere, but I have searched all over and can't figure it out. Please help, and thank you very much.

Relevancy 70.52%

Please help. I was having problems with getting my Windows mobile device to sync with my address book and calendar within Outlook in Office 2000. I decided it was time to upgrade so I bought Office 2003 Students and Teachers edition. After upgrading I found that my calendar, tasks, and address book were gone. How can I retrieve these so I can get on to the next problem - syncing with my Windows Mobile device?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-address-book-and-calendar-in-upgrading-outlook.475776/
Relevancy 70.09%

I hope to collect all my friends emails from different address, direct send to one yahoo email address, other texts copy to an draft, then send to a Yahoo email address from a frequently use email address.

I should add some contact to this Yahoo address book by copy?

What words should I include in email subject and content?

Then I can search any contact in this Yahoo email inbox.

And Yahoo can cooperate with Open Office?

Linux, Open Office, Free Yahoo Email Address. These are best applications?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114897/how-to-search-yahoo-email-for-address-book-contacts-with-subject-conent-words/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have some users on Outlook 2003.
Here is the situation: When he opens outlook it automatically opens with the Outlook Today window. That is fine. But after he moves around and goes to the Inbox and then clicks on the Tasks. When he clicks on mail again he wants to go back to the Outlook today window.
He says he has done this on his home Outlook but can't remember how he did it.
Is there a way to do this.
I have played around but could not find a setting.
Any help would be great.

A:Outlook 2003 - Always move back to Outlook Today (Personal Folder)

All I do is click on the very top "Personal Folders" and it takes me back to Outlook Today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-always-move-back-to-outlook-today-personal-folder.508720/
Relevancy 69.66%

I ve got Outlook on my desktop with a addresses in it that I d like to move to Contacts/Address 2002 Outlook Moving file? Outlook on the laptop I can move files via my home network so that Moving Outlook 2002 Contacts/Address file? s easy to do I ve located the wab file folders on both machines and moved a Moving Outlook 2002 Contacts/Address file? copy of the OL file over to the laptop folder but the previous owner s file keeps showing up in OL Contacts even though I ve moved that file to another place The other thing I just noticed while double checking my wab folder is Moving Outlook 2002 Contacts/Address file? that it is an old one even though it is the only one that shows up in a search Have they changed the designation or something I did a test move of another folder using Export Import and it seemed to work with a pst folder but if I do it with my Contacts list and export it to a pst folder will it convert back in Outlook As always tips and advice are appreciated nbsp

A:Moving Outlook 2002 Contacts/Address file?

Exporting the settings as a .pst file will allow the transfer of your contact information/list to Outlook 2002 using the Import/Export utility. That is the simplest way to transfer information. If the previous owner's file continues to appear within Outlook 2002 and you have located it (I would attempt this now but I have just uninstalled office XP) it would make sense to replace and remove it - though I'm not sure about the cross-compatibility of the .wab format between the two versions.
Hope this helps,
James.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-outlook-2002-contacts-address-file.199156/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my Outlook Address book not displaying some of my contacts.

The setup is this:

Within Public Folders, All Public Folders I have 'My Folder' and a section for Contacts.

With Contacts I did go to properties -> Outlook Address Book tab -> and checked 'Show my folder as an e-mail address book'

However not all of the contacts correlate with this folder. I've named the address book 'My Folder contacts' to make sure I was looking at the right folder.

I did check several entries that were not appearing and made sure that in the field: "File As" that it was filed as Last Name, First Name. But still it did not show up in the email address book.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JFresh

Within the contacts entries I have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-outlook-2k3-contacts-folders-and-address-book.345361/
Relevancy 69.66%

This is a story of two computers The old one is a Dell and the replacement is an HP also old - but works fine My Dell desktop quit working recently Discussions on a hardware forum indicated possible motherboard failure The Dell had two hard drives The C Drive with the OS Win and Office email with Outlook and the D Drive with all my personal files To make sure I preserved the Book 2010 Address my lost Contacts and Outlook hard drives I obtained an adapter took the hard drives out read them both with my laptop so both drives are fine I located a used HP desktop from which its hard drive had been removed I hooked up my D Drive to the HP and installed Windows and Office All of my personal files remained intact I set up Outlook which automatically found my two email accounts but my address book and contacts list did Outlook 2010 lost my Address Book and Contacts not appear I still have my Dell's C Drive hooked to my laptop The C Drive from my old Dell Outlook 2010 lost my Address Book and Contacts still has the Windows OS and Office I've located two places on the C Drive that appear to have Outlook files Users - Me - AppData - Local - Microsoft - Outlook Users - Me - AppData - Roaming - Microsoft - Outlook I don't know how to read those files I Outlook 2010 lost my Address Book and Contacts don't know if my address book and contents are in there and if they are I have no idea how to retrieve them Even if they aren't in those folders they've got to be somewhere on the drive that has the OS and Office What do I do next Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621011/outlook-2010-lost-my-address-book-and-contacts/
Relevancy 69.66%

I recently reformatted my HD and saved all of my .pst and .pab files on another disk. I imported my contacts and address books, though only 4 of 5 were imported. However, while they appear on my Navigation pane, I can only access the Contacts folder through the Navigation pane. I can, however, access my Contacts and Address books when I open a message, click "To' and use the pull-down menu in "Show names from the". Any suggestions as to how I can access them in my Navigation pane?

Thank you,

Jeffrey

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-imported-contacts-and-address-books.509674/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,Today I decided to send another letter to the boss with the report, and did not find it does not contact any other, only yesterday were all the contacts in your address book, and today if evaporated.Maybe someone knows how to get contacts?

A:Address Book contacts in Outlook 2007 evaporated

Restore contacts from your Outlook backup file (PST file). You do make backups don't you?

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/address-book-contacts-in-outlook-2007-evaporated/20176.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Old system XP Pro migrated to a new Address Book Not Vista Contacts Showing Outlook 07 as Vista laptop with Outlook The address book in OL should be the contacts folder contacts migrated fine However following all the instuctions from multiple places Contacts Not Showing as Address Book Vista Outlook 07 these things still occur No OL address book drops down in location where it says to mark contacts as the address folder--it is grayed out and will not let me set it as the OL address book shows that OL address and Mobile address are already present when I try to set up a new address book although they don t show up in OL anywhere I cannot get the contacts to show as the address book indeed it won t even recognize there is an address book From research moving OL to OL in Vista is a bear How can I get an address book to show in the drop down in OL and how can I get the contacts folder to show up in the dropdown as the OL address file Tried all of the help tips and nothing is working nor is published online resource help Can you tell me what to try next Frustrated nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I forget how to make contacts available under the global address list. I have some distribution lists set up, but when I click "To" I can't find them (or my contacts under the Global List).

Anyone remember how to do this?

Thanks.

A:Making Contacts available under Global Address List in Outlook

Sorry, Doc. Not sure. Go to the properties of your contacts folder and make sure it's an Outlook Address Book.

My main reason for posting is your absolute CLASSIC signature. LOVE THAT LINE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-contacts-available-under-global-address-list-in-outlook.372522/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have about 4000 entried in my personal address book (.pab). I need to get all of these from there to my "Contacts" within outlook 2002.

The reason for this is so when I sync my handheld, it will get those contacts also. It wont pick them up from the address book. Any ideas how I can move these entried in my address book so that they appear in the Contacts of Outlook 2002?

A:moving address book entries to outlook contacts

Instructions for importing a pab (Personal Address Book) into Outlook 2002's contacts can be found on this page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-address-book-entries-to-outlook-contacts.172380/