Windows Support Forum

Outlook Email Account Corrupted

Q: Outlook Email Account Corrupted

I have a new HP Pavilion preloaded with 8.1. I loaded Office 2013 and set up the email account. All worked well until two days ago when I realized I could not send any emails only receive. I removed the account and reinstalled the account - things only got worse. I uninstalled Office and reinstalled but that did not fix the problem. Somewhere there is a file that is has wrong information stored about the account and how to communicate with the provider but I do not know where that is, can someone help with this issue?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook Email Account Corrupted

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook Email Account Corrupted

Close Outlook out completely and navigate to: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook (Where %username% is your username on that computer)

Delete the .pst file that is in that folder. Next time you open outlook it will have you create another profile with your email account.

Im guessing that your outlook profile is corrupt. If it is this should help resolve the issue you have.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/70390-outlook-email-account-corrupted.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi guys, I'm not good in english but I hope u will understand all.

Few weeks ago, my computer monitor suddenly get 1024x768 (or something like that) resolution, and I can't set better, because this is my max resolution. Before this situation I had 1920x1080 resolution. I know I can now only set resolution of my video card. I searched for reasons, and this must be corrupted EDID, but I can't find someone with this damn monitor. I also tryed install many different versions of video driver and use few different cables, but problem is still alive.

If u have this monitor, I wan't to get copy of your EDID, or if you have other idea, I can do whatever u write

Monitor: LG M2280DF-PZ
GPU - NVidia 450 GTS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-m2280df-pz-edid-needed-corrupted-edid.204776/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi im pretty good with problems but this one is doing my head in now the problem is im not sure what the actual problem is the symptoms include corrupted desktop display game crashing corrupted firefox display these symptoms are not continual and dont Corrupted game crashing desktop display, appear after boot up ati smartgart reports agp is off adjusting it makes no difference the system is old but has been very reliable mobo is asrock i gv with onboard vga cpu dual core intel mem gb o s xp pro sp graphics card ati radeon mb agp directx all drivers are current including chipset drivers things ive done reinstalled graphics card and drivers and onboard vga drivers ive tried using the onboard Corrupted desktop display, game crashing vga without the radeon installed but have same problem have disconnected all usb devices but no change have tried other hdds with xp pro o s and still have the problem this makes me think its a hardware problem mobo perhaps have checked forums but no help anyone have any idea any help would be appreciated its got me baffled the worst symptoms are when trying to start games and these games are old and according to their requirements this system is well above the recommended they recommend pentium or above thats how old they are lol oh and I have a superfast modern pc but this one was the first I built so it has sentimental value hence not keen on scrapping nbsp

A:Corrupted desktop display, game crashing

1st 3 lines lead me to believe currupt grapics card might be wrong but desc top games etc all use graphics..
I do think its got something to do with graphics I could be totally wrong but seams very strange how mainly problem is when starting games. or maybe psu could be faulty and now supllying enough power lets see what the real tech guys say

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-desktop-display-game-crashing.193672/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have my macbook pro crashed no operating system on it and I would like to get my all data before recovery or they will be lost , what shall I do? and is it possible to connect it to a windows laptop as external harddisk? also I used linux ubuntu and I saw my files but I can't open them the message appears I am not the owner of this folder ,, what can I do ? please help

A:My Mac corrupted

If Ubuntu can see them then there is hope

Once you have the Ubuntu desktop and the Mac disk mounted, you need another place to copy the files, so figure that out and mount that device too.

Get a Terminal window - - (yes, we'll fix the perms with a command line operation)

In the Terminal window, issue ls -lF (that's lower case 'ell', UC F) and you will see details of the current directory, eg:

Code:
$ ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Jeff Users 0 May 22 07:44 _test2/
-rw-r--r-- 1 Jeff Users 0 May 22 07:43 bar
-rw-r--r-- 1 Jeff Users 0 May 22 07:43 foo
-rw-r--r-- 1 Jeff Users 0 May 22 07:43 zed

the 3rd column is the OWNER and the 4th is the GROUP.
the 1st column is the permissions for the owner,group and everyone.

To traverse the sub directories (shown like line1 with the trailing / ), the perms must
have the x for all three eg drwxr-xr-x

Ubuntu mounts devices - -
There are broadly two approaches -

Per-user mounting (usually under /media)
Systemwide mounting (anywhere, often under /mnt)
You will need to have root perms, so rlogin root or use su root and give the password.

So use the cd command to put the current directory on the Mac device root and use
ls -lF to see the user,group being used. As long as every directory shows up like drwxr-xr-x
then you need only to change either the owner or the group.

the command you need to change the owner is:
Usage: chown [OPTION]... [OWNER][:[GROUP]] FILE...​
and the OPTIONs you need are -hR and the owner would be your Ubuntu login, eg
chown -hR Jeff .​
there's a trailing space and period after Jeff (that's my Linux login - - use yours).

when the command completes, use ls -lF to verify it's correct and then terminate your rlogin or su shell.

With the owner set, you can now use the Linux copy command (cp) or go back to the GUI desktop to manage the Mac file extractions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-mac-corrupted.192633/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi folks I m new here and not greatly technically minded My Acer Aspire Z laptop has been acting strange for a few days running Windows btw Some of the issues are even happening right now ie as I type the cursor will sometimes restart a new line as if I ve pressed the Return button Acer apps is Laptop and and more opens multiple corrupted This is esp bad in emails and Facebook and often the cursor flies down miles Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more making it a pain to get back to where I was That s not all though There s a horrible beeping noise when I start up the laptop first thing It goes after I press one of the F buttons The worst though is when I try to open up some app on my desktop and sometimes the laptop goes crazy and opens up multiple other apps software There have been instances where there are dozens of the same pages opening I have McAfee Internet Security and have run Malwarebytes and Spybot but problem is still there Is this a hardware problem do Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more you think I m not great at techie Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more speak so please go easy with me but I d be grateful for any advice Cheers David nbsp

A:Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more

UNless someone else has a better idea, how old is this computer & is it still under warranty? If so, I'd get a hold of the where you bought it & get it checked out. IF you don't & have "other" work done on it, it could VOID the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-is-corrupted-and-opens-multiple-apps-and-more.183988/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 26.66%

So here s the problem I ve got four blocks of corrupted data on my memory card I ve tried deleting them but it doesn t work I would ignore it except now I cannot save anything new on it If I try that data will data Memory PS2 Card for Max Corrupted 16MB on also become corrupted I ve been searching online and unfortunately have yet Corrupted data on 16MB Max Memory Card for PS2 to find a solution I ve tried putting an audio CD in and then deleting the corrupted data Clearly that didn t work I have also tried to format the card but here s the thing I cannot find the option where it says to format I was hesitant to consider the option to format the card at first seeing as all my data will be deleted but I ll get rid of it all if that allows me to able to use this memory card I ve went into the memory card where i can look at all the data seeing if there are any format options- none I tried attaching a picture to show that the memory card does not have an option to format There are only two options quot Enter quot and quot Back quot Help anyone nbsp

A:Corrupted data on 16MB Max Memory Card for PS2

Anyone? I really need help. This is driving me insane and I'd just like to deal with it and get it out of the way already. Please....heeeeelp. :/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-data-on-16mb-max-memory-card-for-ps2.168211/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 26.66%

When I copy music files from my PC to a USB external hard drive, some of the files get corrupted and can't be opened. First times this happened I thought it was a faulty hard drive so got another one - exactly same problem. Then I found that the same thing happened when I tried copying music or photo files to a USB flash drive and also to a music player. All the drives work fine when connected to a netbook. Could it be a problem with the USB ports? I've tried using different ports on the PC but always get the same problem. My PC is 5 years old, 2x2.8Ghz Pentium, runs XP and has 2 front and 6 rear USB ports. Anyone come across this and is there anything I can do to solve it short of buying a new PC?

A:Copying to external drives gives corrupted files

Is XP updated to Service Pack 3? How much memory do you have installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copying-to-external-drives-gives-corrupted-files.165720/
Relevancy 21.07%

We host a domain 'nabina.com' with brinkster.com and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-filtering.162499/
Relevancy 27.09%

hi there,
I don't know where i suppose to write this but i hope i'm writing at the right place.
i've a external 2.5" SATA hardisk. now it is showing me a message:
F:\ is not accessible. the Disk structure corrupted and unreadable.

i hope someone can help me.. the information inside is important to me..

A:The disk structure corrupted and unreadable

Have you tried accessing this external drive on another computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-disk-structure-corrupted-and-unreadable.157359/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am Currently seeking information and ways to fix my friends laptop hard drive..

It as been infected with some virus...

i boot the hard drive....get a blue screen(forgot the error message)

then.. i tried to run a system restore...

System Restore doesn't even work

Then i tried install another OS ...but the BIOS doesn't detect there is a hard drive

i have tried to format and in the BIOS its saying there is no Hard drive.

what should i do to fix this?

Can a Trojan completely eradicate Sector 0 or damage the boot Record...how can this be fixed.

A:Hard drive sector 0 corrupted!

Agent474 said:

i have tried to format and in the BIOS its saying there is no Hard drive.Click to expand...

Nasty symptom

Can a Trojan completely eradicate Sector 0Click to expand...

NO

or damage the boot Record.Click to expand...

Yes, easily

I would venture a guess that the partition table is gone or massively corrupted.

i have tried to format and in the BIOS its saying there is no Hard drive.Click to expand...

How did you get to a format? I guess that's what you WANTED but didn't get a chance to perform ... yes/no?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-sector-0-corrupted.152708/
Relevancy 26.66%

Dear techs
I hope that you can help me.
My problem refers to an external 'backup' drive that gives the above error.
I have always disconnected the usb correctly
It was working perfectly nad then...
Is this the end of my essential back up? If yes. What is the point of having one?

A:Error message 'the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable'

Are you able to read anything on the drive? Have you tried running checkdisk or scandisk in repair mode on the drive?

The fact is, drives fail. A backup is simply supposed to be a second copy of your important data, not the only place you store your data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable.152109/
Relevancy 26.66%

I was experimenting with my brothers desktop It seemed need find corrupted motherboard? new chip or do replace to BIOS a I like it was running well Still one of his drives an SATA Samsung wasn t displaying it s icon on the my computer screen that shows you which devices are attached Either he accidently shorted the drive cause he refused to use a surge suppressor Still the main drive worked o k Sadly his desktop was purchased used So the seller had no recovery disks or an original Vista Pro operating system disk in the event the files became corrupt I recall his system started having problems after I installed HandBrake to convert video to mp I also installed DVD to decrypt movie discs I m not sure if those warez were compatible with Vista My brother had installed an EVGA gtx PCI-e graphics which BIOS corrupted do I need to replace chip or find a new motherboard? I updated the drivers for it He mainly wanted it for gaming and editing video I BIOS corrupted do I need to replace chip or find a new motherboard? had read that updating the bios chipset drivers could increase performance and eliminate hardware incompatibilities I think his OS was an OEM version which sucks Finally using my neighbors Wi-Fi I went to the chipset maker to update his motherboard chipset drivers and or bios update or firmware i m confused The site had an BIOS corrupted do I need to replace chip or find a new motherboard? online updater to assist with the install The motherboard developer was MSI so I went directly to their site I knew there was risk updating the firmware but I decided to take the risk It started updating it automatically backed up the current bios firmware Then cautioned to proceed with the install It then went into a very awkward GUI screen the program initiated After that happened all functionality was lost no way to exit Some status bar was filling up So I let it run it s course for several hours I noticed on-screen some cheap colored bars some program text and the status bar seemed like it froze up I wasn t sure if it was still connected to the wifi network If my neighbor turned off his router or the adapter was still communicating Reason why I tried this method of updating Was because my brothers PC lacked a fully functional floppy drive There was no floppy drive installed I somehow felt that if I shutdown the PC it would be bricked I was right in bricked no video or post messages or DOS like screens I could turn it on but not shut it down I had to switch the power supply main switch to off So then I thought would replacing the mother board with the exact same model and connecting the hard drive and other components allow the PC to boot into Windows Vista or can the bios chip be reprogrammed The board no longer is sold by MSI it s a P Neo MS v Is it any easy task replacing the seated bios chip And if I managed to replaced or have installed by a skilled technician would the OS recognize the motherboard and bootup Since it s an OEM it could detect the chip and unauthorize access unless someone hacked the system That I could never do myself nbsp

A:BIOS corrupted do I need to replace chip or find a new motherboard?

Sounds pretty bad...You would need to swap out the bios chip with a working one temporarily.

Read this and this.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-corrupted-do-i-need-to-replace-chip-or-find-a-new-motherboard.149866/
Relevancy 23.65%

I'm trying to print out some pictures on my HP printer using some pictures on a USB. I find some pictures but others are not shown on the display. When I click on the print-button on a "corrupted photo" it displays "Photo is corrupted and can not be printed" and the print-papper is given back empty.

Only some pictures are shown. I've tried changing the size of the pictures without any luck. I've checked on the HP website and on the manual without an answer.

What should I do? Really need replies soon. Thanks..

Printer: HP Photosmart A526
Text: "Error. Photo is corrupted and can not be printed"

Sorry if the thread is placed wrong - panic.

A:HP Photosmart A526 "Photo is corrupted and can not be printed"

Sounds as if you had photos on a Flash drive, and the flash drive is damaged or corrupted.... If so, you might not be able to fix the problem.
Check on the HP website to see if they still have a trouble shooter for damaged images. Or take a look at programs such as Adobe Elements. Picasa, diskdoctors.com, www.photo-recovery-software.com, photosrecovery.com, photoengineering.com, www.imphotorepair.com, GIMP (my favorite) FreshCrop.com, Freeserifsoftware.com, www.stellarinfo.com, and picrecovery.com... We have used all of these at one time or another and all are good for certain things. GIMP requires some study but is good after you learn.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-photosmart-a526-photo-is-corrupted-and-can-not-be-printed.149664/
Relevancy 20.64%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-setup-help-needed-for-ipod-and-pc.146334/
Relevancy 27.52%

hey,

yesterday I tryed to open a folder on my external hdd I received the error message that the folder couldn't be accessed becouse it was corrupted.
I am arfraid this might have have happend when I unplugged my hdd without using save remove, but I'm not sure this is what caused it.

Does anyone know howe i might recover the files in the folder. because it was al large (about 300 GB) and important folder.
I use windows XP, and it is a NTFS drive.

thanks

A:Corrupted folder on external hdd

Try running CHKDISK (check disk) on the external drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-folder-on-external-hdd.143674/
Relevancy 27.52%

I recently purchase a new AMD mobo cpu along with a new harddrive I had first put my new harddrive Corrupted? AMD: Intel to Harddrives in and formatted it and put win on it I was planning on reformatting Intel to AMD: Harddrives Corrupted? it anyways after installing the mobo cpu and it doesn t hurt to try out windows for a few hours Well when I got around to installing the new stuff into one machine I had some problems First it would not boot my windows XP install from Intel to AMD: Harddrives Corrupted? my old drive properly It would get about halfway through startup and get a giant BSOD Obviously I decided to see if the same would occur with a fresh install so I booted from my new drive and the same problem occurred I decided to then boot from a CD and loaded ubuntu which worked perfectly fine Either my harddrives are corrupt or my new bit processor doesn t like bit installations I ended up formatting my new drive again with bit win and it works fine but I would really like to boot my old operating system along with configurations from my old drive and I really do not want to format it Any reason why this happened Should I just copy the stuff from my old drive to my new format then copy back nbsp

A:Intel to AMD: Harddrives Corrupted?

What i could understand from your post is, you tried to boot from your old XP installation (which was obviously done on your older cpu/motherboard etc.). That may work but I don't like it frankly, changing a motherboard is very radical step.

However you can try these steps and see if they help:

1. Get your Windows XP Installation CD and boot from it.
2. It will start running Windows XP Setup
3. Get to screen where it dislays Setting up Windows XP, Repair Windows XP Installation. Choose Repair Option here.
4. It will then show you the hdd partition where your XP installation shoiuld be, select it, and press R.

You may get asked for Windows XP CD Key though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-to-amd-harddrives-corrupted.142566/
Relevancy 26.66%

hi to all my father have External Maxtor unreadable the is not file accesibile is corrupted directory Disk and or DiamondMax HDD GB To tell the truth its not external coz Disk is not accesibile the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable when you open the cage its normal IDE HDD anyway other day he was working with it via USB and when he finished he unpluged the HDD quot WITHOUT quot stoping the USB service for Disk is not accesibile the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable the HDD device and noiw the problem when he try to plug in the HDD via USB the comp doesnt see it and when i take it off the cage and conect it via IDE the BIOS recognise it and in quot my Computer quot there is an icon of the disk but when i try to get in the disk it says f disk is accesible The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable please help in the disk he has more than GB of memorys and stuff thanx and best regards to all p d i have mainboard ASUS A V win XP pro service pack tindrli nbsp

A:Disk is not accesibile the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

Try and remove the drivers (if any) and all other references to it for the external HD.
When you plug it in as an IDE, make sure you set it correctly to Master or Slave!
What was the drive-letter when used as an external HD? And what as IDE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-is-not-accesibile-the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable.48003/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 26.66%

Help I have college work stored on a flash drive and I run XP home edition SP2 how can I get the work off the flash drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/retrieving-data-from-a-corrupted-flash-drive.137908/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 37.41%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Freecom 8gb flash drive that i've been using for a while with no hassle. Lately though, it's become impossible to access the files on the drive and sometimes when i plug it in Windows prompts me to fix it. I do all the steps and all the variations of that and it eventually lets me into the drive, but a click or highlight of the documents results in Windows not responding and a necessary CAD.

I'm not in the least bit bothered about saving the files on the drive, but i would like to use the thing again. Is it saveable?

A:8gb Flash Drive corrupted?

if you don't mind losing the files, you could do a format. this will wipe everything from the drive.

open My Computer, Right-Click the drive and select Format

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8gb-flash-drive-corrupted.127966/
Relevancy 27.52%

My external USB hard drive stopped functioning a day ago. Now it gives me an error message saying "The drive structure is corrupted and unreadable". Can this be fixed? I have some mapping projects I need to finish on there

I also got that darn Google redirect virus, but I managed to fix it by reformatting, (It was on the C drive, which didn't have much on it anyway).

A:Disk corrupted and unreadable

Run chkdsk on the drive. The link i provided is ok even if you run Vista (vs. XP).

1. Run chkdsk /r AND be sure to also include the volume drive letter (or it defaults to check your C: drive)
2. Understand chkdsk can take a loooong time to run (especially if it's a large hard drive). Even if it looks like your screen is hanging.. wait at least 30+ minutes before deciding the screen might not be updating any longer (if it really does hang)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-corrupted-and-unreadable.125264/
Relevancy 18.06%

My smartphone used to sync with the office Exchange Server, but I now want to sync my Outlook contacts with my home PC using standalone Outlook 2003. My PC runs XP SP2 and ActiveSync 4.5. Smartphone is Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

It looks as if I cannot sync Exchage Server contacts to standalone Outlook - if I try to switch to synching with Outlook it tells me the contacts on my phone will be deleted. Is there a safe way of diong this? I would rather retype all my contacts from the phone screen than risk losing them - I can no longer access my former office's Exchange Server.

Thanks for any help - Firepig

A:ActiveSync, Outlook and Exchange Server

Try updating XP to SP3 and check for other Microsoft Updates too, while you are at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/activesync-outlook-and-exchange-server.124634/
Relevancy 23.65%

HI Here again asking stupid questions I have a quot TP-Link Mbps Gigabit Ethernet PC Card quot and first I installed the original drivers from the cd that came with the card and got an error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this harware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code Click Troubelshoot to start the troubelshooter for this device Ok so I click and then i only get an empty screen So I downloaded the newest drivers and GB TP-Link Drivers "corrupted or missing" LAN installed them but it says still the same So the next thing I did was google and from there I found loads of random sites and then ofcourse Microsofts support site so I tried it and it says st Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide If the Troubleshooting Wizard is not available go to step Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem Yeah good TP-Link GB LAN Drivers "corrupted or missing" luck when I only get an empty window where even not the search works So what to do btw the card is installed in a quot Dell Dimension XPS T quot and before that it was in my other computer and worked just fine nbsp

A:TP-Link GB LAN Drivers "corrupted or missing"

Hi

last time i saw this i was trying to get a WIFI nicon XP working on a nasty pcworld laptop, it was built for vista and no matter what i tried i couldnt find the drivers for it, all the ones i tried gave me the code 39 error.

The cure, i used the restore disk and driver disk to put Vista back on the laptop and it worked fine.

Seems to be a case of find the right driver for it, although its possible that the card has gone faulty, have you tried it back in the PC to make sure.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tp-link-gb-lan-drivers-corrupted-or-missing.124649/
Relevancy 23.65%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 20.64%

Is anyone out there who can help me? I am registered with Incredimail for emails & I need to change my email address with them & although I have tried every which way to find out how to do this I cannot find a link within incredimail.
I would appreciate any help I can get as it
is driving me crazy. If I am unsuccesful I will have to remove Incredimail & go elsewhere. Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-change-incredimail-email-address.123976/
Relevancy 37.84%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 21.07%

every time I log into my email God save the queen plays and repeats over and over
I have an old amptron 2000 laptop with realteck audio. Never a problem till today.
I ran spy bot, AVG, adaware,CC cleaner, looked over my shoulder, repeated including re-booting and still the refrain goes on. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Email Sounds distress

Are you kidding? What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-sounds-distress.120331/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

Please help!!
I have searched the internet for days on trying to find a solution to my problem...

I have a Maxtor 6 200g hardrive External connected by USB. I have heaps of photos etc on it.
First i started getting Corrupt and Unreadable error messages when i tried opening certain directories. A few days later i cannot access any of it.

The drive is plugged in. It is recognised in disk management and it gets assigned a letter. However, it says that it is 100% FREE.

I have tried get data back program and also checkdisk but they are not able to access the drive...

Is the anything that i can do to firstly access the drive? i have also tried Testdisk but it does not show up on the list...

Thanks..

A:Corrupted and Unreadable External Hard drive

Run chkdsk http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-and-unreadable-external-hard-drive.118415/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope I'm putting this in the right place and I know it's probably I really simplistic question, but here it is:

I have Comcast Cable internet via modem that connects to my DLink 4500 gaming router. I have a PC(wired) , Laptop (wireless), another PC(wired), and XBox360(wireless) all connected to the Cable internet and home network.

I was thinking about changing my Comcast mail to Outlook express -- is this a good Idea? Can it be done? If so how do I do it? If I do it will all my mail accounts go through Outlook or can I just do mine and not my son's and husband's? Sorry again if this is not the place, but I figured you're used to newbies not knowing where to post. Thanks

A:Comcast Mail to Outlook Express

Your Comcast email is known as a Webmail solution, while Outlook, Outlook Express
are Pop3 Email Clients.

All you need is to configure your Email Client to access the Postoffice @ Comcast;
you will actually still be able to use BOTH

The Comcast settings are here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comcast-mail-to-outlook-express.118139/
Relevancy 21.07%

Good morning I have a HP Pavillion Desktop computer at home email with Trouble and I recently signed up for Comcast high-speed internet Trouble with email which is run thru a cable modem The internet works great and is very fast Here is my problem I cannot do any kind of email If I try to click on the login button to sign in to our account it says quot page cannot be displayed quot It does this if you try to do any kind of email This is the first time that I have ever had this problem on my computer We didn t have internet on the computer for about a year and a half I Trouble with email also went to Apple com the other day and tried to download the latest versio of iTunes and it said quot page cannot be displayed quot Someone suggested turning off my Windows firewall I really didn t want to do that but I tried it and it didn t solve anything My Norton Security is out of date and needs to be updated but I don t know if that would have anything to do with it or not Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Trouble with email

You are a little vague on specifics.

Did you create a new Email account with Comcast during the install?

Are you trying to use that account or an 'old' account on another ISP?

Do you also use a router? Kind/type?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-email.117979/
Relevancy 18.06%

Every time I compose a new message in Outlook Express and use MIDI music as a background the SW SYNTH in audio gets knocked back to zero. This only happens in OLEXP, toherwise MIDI's play OK.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 OLEXP 6.0

A:Outlook express affects audio control

What is your computer? Make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-affects-audio-control.114792/
Relevancy 27.52%

I recently had a laptop shut down because the power outlet pin was broken and I didn't know it. The shop was able to take out the H.D. and I was able to copy over to an external drive all the important docs, pics, music, video etc.

HOWEVER, now I cannot backup to CD any of the files on the external. They all appear to be "OK" - I have opened pictures, opened excel files etc.

I would just like to get a backup copy of what we put on the external but it fails and says there are "too many errors". Any ideas on how to fix this.

A:Fix Corrupted Files

What happens when you copy 1 or a few at a time?
You may be trying to copy too much (Gigs) in one shot, and Windows just runs out of resources

I've noticed running CCleaner helps when this happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fix-corrupted-files.113332/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I am a small business owner running laptops and a desktop pc one of the laptops is running xp although will hopefully upgrade it to vista soon I am looking to purchase a NAS device mostly for media sharing and syncronization between pc s but would like to be able to access my email accounts via outlook NAS email knowledge and lacking. although would consider another product with same basic functionality eg local storage tasks calendar etc I am using googlemail for all my NAS and email knowledge lacking. accounts I am aware that there are several NAS devices out there that let you connect and manage NAS and email knowledge lacking. files remotely over the internet It seems that to me that it should therefor be relatively simple to have all outlook or alternative files stored on a remotely accessible NAS to synchronize accross all pc s automatically on login hereby removing the need for an expensive hosted service such as MS exchange I have googled just about every variation I can think of to find the relevant information but to no avail I am fairly savvy for an unqualified home user but lack the deeper understanding of NAS and outlook to get through this one on my own If this is possible please give some advice on setup and the best hardware fro the job Lastly if the NAS doubled as a print server that would be cool too MAny thanks in advance for your help Best regards Don nbsp

A:NAS and email knowledge lacking.

NAS devices (Network Attached Storage) just attach to your LAN using the File Sharing,
Map Network Drives capability.

1) Internet access to one of YOUR LAN drives is a big security hole, so that's not the
right approach.

2) depending upon the software you use to send/receive, sharing email files can easily corrupt them and you lose everything.

If I wanted Internet access to my email, I would use a Webbased email solution
(like gmail), configure it to retain all down loaded email, and the use my pc
to access the gmail pop3 account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-and-email-knowledge-lacking.112499/
Relevancy 27.52%

hey i just tried updating my bios through the asus update. So I downloaded the .rom for my P5KC Asus mother board. It downloads the file I need. So it says all good to go I have chose the right asus and says just click flash. So I did it erases the old one put the new one on fine and when it verify it says failed. I couldnt get into asus update program so I tried restarting my pc and now goes on 2 sec and turns off just keeps doing that. please please what should i do I am just trying atm taking the battery out for 5 mins to give that ago. What do I do please please
thanks

A:Help asap please bios corrupted

just read this
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...44728875&board_id=1&model=P5K&page=1&count=57

looks like asus has a major problem and has bricked alot of the mother boards cause 64bits version dont work. Verry unhappy. It does not say anything on the box that its not. I might take it to a computer shop any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-asap-please-bios-corrupted.112514/
Relevancy 18.06%

Help! How can I share Outlook 2007 Calendar on 3 networked computers running vista home premium? Don't wanna spend 700 bucks for Exchange Server. Can it be done?

A:Share Outlook Calendar

For workgroup users (ie those without a domain controller), it is done by sharing
each appointment;

create or open an appointment
click the Attendee Availability tab
at the lower left, click Invite Others
enter the name of the Contact and click find
when selected, click Required or Optional
repeat for all attendees
when done, click OK
as each Contact receives the appointment by email, they accept or decline the schedule
their calendar and yours are updated
and the status of all can be seen using the radio button Show Attendee Status

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-outlook-calendar.112199/
Relevancy 21.07%

Can anyone guide me about Video email marketing? Is it possible to customized banners and links with my video emails?

A:Looking for Video Email Marketing

Re:Looking for Video Email Marketing!

Video email marketing is a new tool in market which allows the entrepreneurs to access video email facility with the use of microphone and camera and communicate directly with the end customer. It harnesses the power of video in conveying emotions, tone, and energy while leveraging the flexibility of an email- like system. It increases the market value and credibility of the user. You can get more information from and yes it is very simple to customize banners and links with the video emails.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-video-email-marketing.111123/
Relevancy 18.06%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-open-microsoft-outlook.110662/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,

I'm older, as are my eyes, and the type in HTML emails is difficult to read. I changed Outlook 2003 to display everything as Text so I can enlarge using my scroll wheel but the tons of hyperlinks detract.

My Windows menus and Firefox are 14 point for easy reading but I can't find an Outlook setting that applies to HTML messages.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

K2B

A:Enlarge type in HTML email

Have a read of this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=618919
It states Outlook2007, but should be similar (if not the same)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enlarge-type-in-html-email.108628/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok sorry in advance for such a long post Instead of adding details as people ask for them I m gonna try to tell the whole story now I homebuilt my first computer in fact posted about it here when I had a problem with powering up and other than a power button problem had no real incidents I installed Windows vista home premium on a Drive corrupted (several Hard questions) GB seagate used and spent a few hours downloading thunderbird and firefox and tweaking the settings I also installed drivers one game and copied all my music over I then installed UBuntu on my other HDD a GB seagate also used and set it all up in my free time over a couple days This Hard Drive corrupted (several questions) is a dual boot system so after installing Ubuntu I loaded windows to check that it Hard Drive corrupted (several questions) worked and then spent the rest of my time since install in Ubuntu I mounted the windows drive in linux so I could access the music and did general setup tweaking settings etc for ubuntu i have successfully loaded windows since the first time I mounted it s drive so I don t think that s the problem but i figured it might be relevant I then couldn t get a mic to work in linux so I tried to reboot into windows It went incredibly slow and then finally loaded the login in screen and I immediately got an alert saying filepath Prefetch is corrupted run chkdsk So i logged in and was bombarded by tons of these alerts some Hard Drive corrupted (several questions) of them doubled up and some not Anyway I finally got chkdsk working and it immediately started listing off numbered segments as unreadable first time using chkdsk so I didn t really no what this meant but I got the gist and then locked up around something So I did a hard reboot and then it wouldn t load at all It was hanging on the quot Starting up quot screen after selecting a boot in the GRUB bootloader So I put in my Vista install disk and went into command prompt to run chkdsk First it said that the disk was writeprotected and that drove me nuts for a while until i figured out it was trying to check the install disc So I finally got that figured out but when I told it to check C it said that the MFT is unreadable and tried to recover it I assume by checking MFT mirror but couldn t do it so chkdsk was aborted Also Ubuntu wil no longer mount this saying that the disk is corrupt essentially I m paraphrasing here and that i should run chkdsk f which obviously doesn t work So I have several questions What could have corrupted this in the first place Is there a way for me to recover the files and program settings without spending money or at least not much If I wipe the harddrive and reinstall will it work Or is the hard drive physically corrupted don t hear any odd sounds or anything Also I would lover any other suggestions for a fix without reinstalling or buying a new hdd so whatever you can tell me s much appreciated Again sorry for the huge post nbsp

A:Hard Drive corrupted (several questions)

Strange I did the samething you did and had some issues with Ubuntu. Are you running the desktop or server version? There is also a live CD version too? That program creates two partitions one for NTFS and the other for linux, but I had found that wasn't the case. Main HDD was wipe clean. The Ubuntu will wipe the main C: drive and their isn't much you can do ab out it..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-corrupted-several-questions.106033/
Relevancy 27.52%

We are experiencing occasional data corruptions on USB sticks used in an embedded system running Windows CE. Most of the time things work fine, but occasionally we will turn on power, only to find that the data on the drive (our executable, log files) has been corrupted. Reformatting and reloading the stick straighten things right out, but sooner or later it happens again.

My main theory is that an open log file might be corrupted if power is removed during a write, but we are seeing errors in many random files. Naturally, the worst is when the executable is corrupted, but this is especially puzzling because the sector that contains the executable is write protected.

Thanks for any info

A:Corrupted USB Stick Files

The USB sticks may not be getting enough voltage during the initial write

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-usb-stick-files.105511/
Relevancy 27.09%

I've searched around the forums and tried a couple of the programs.

What I've done. Original computer and my laptop does not recognize HD. Checked it over on Computer manager and says drive is not initialized.

I connected the Maxtor 3200 HD to another comp and the drive shows up on Explorer but it says "Disc structure is corrupted and unreadable". On the computer manager it says its "healthy(active)".

I've checked it over with VirtualLab Data Recovery and it encountered errors on certain sectors. "request cannot be performed because of an I/O device error."

Am I even using the right programs to check this over or is this HD gone? Any other ways to try to fix this or recover the files?
Are there services to send the HD to recover the files?

Thanks in advance for any advice/input.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maxtor-3200-ext-hd-corrupted-and-unreadable.104352/
Relevancy 21.07%

I know it probably is, but I thought I would ask anyway. I got an email to 'Test' and 'Keep' a Dell XPS laptop. So what kind of scam is it?

A:Email Scam?

DON'T OPEN! If its not malware,it's a sales scam. Just label it spam and drive on.....Don

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-scam.102864/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi I have this problem we have a server running exchange server. There is 3 computers connected to the server running outlook. On 1 of the computers all of the emails have been deleted how can i restore the emails back onto this computer the other 2 computers have all of the emails.

A:Outlook passed 2gb .pst file

Oh I thought you were wondering about changeing the maximum limit : http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98129

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-passed-2gb-pst-file.102976/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey people
I have Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1
I would like to know how I can install Polish for spell checking
I can speak Polish but can't write it

A:How do I install Polish language for spell checking in Outlook 2007 SP1?

I think installing Proofing Tools from your Office CD and then install Polish proofing tools.

More info here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061229.htm

And here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179042.aspx
And here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937156

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-install-polish-language-for-spell-checking-in-outlook-2007-sp1.102973/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Maxtor OneTouch II external hard drive that connets through USB. When I try to access the drive now it says:

K:\ in not accessible.

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

I attempted to do chkdsk /f, however the Command Promt window appears for a second then dissapears. Is there anything I can do without having to format it?

A:External Hard Drive corrupted and unreadable error

JobinM
welcome to Techspot

if you have data on it you'll need to get data recovery software
can't make drive active
reformat stop don't write to drive use data recovery to get the data off of drive
getbackdata and file scavenger 2 great apps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-corrupted-and-unreadable-error.97070/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am trying to copy about 17,000 Pictures (about 15GB data) from my hard disk to an external

USB(2.0) drive for backup. However I find that some of my images are randomly getting corrupted

during the copy process. The images are fine on the HDD but get discolored etc. on the USB drive

copying in small chunks works perfectly

A:Images getting corrupted during copy process

That seems to be a statement rather than a question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/images-getting-corrupted-during-copy-process.90238/
Relevancy 20.64%

Anyone else run into this issue?

We have 4 seperate computers running on a wireless network here at work. Recently we started having an issue where we can access the internet through email, but we can't pull the internet up via a web browser (IE). We end up having to click on the "repair" connection button for windows wireless over and over and over until it actully allows us to access the internet via the browser.

Have you experienced this? What is it all about?

A:Have email access...but can't pull internet up on browser

Hello, Mudshack, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try restarting the router by unplugging it, waiting about 10 seconds then plugging it in again. Make sure that the settings are saved on it though otherwise you'll have to put them all in again.

P.s. this should be in Storage & Networking forum really but i expect a mod will move it for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-email-access-but-cant-pull-internet-up-on-browser.89971/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just bought a new Flash Drive, and i found a problem. I copy and paste all my files from my old usb. When i try to open the word documents that i saved, it opens and then it says That the file need converting (encoding), but after i encode it, it just come out blocky not letters. Why is this happening? When i try to open it in my other USB it works...

HELP
Thanks

A:Flash Drive - Word Documents become corrupted need encoding!

Did you remove the new USB drive properly after copying the files? Using the "safely remove hardware" feature? If you unplug the drive while copying files or somethimes even when the copy dialog has closed, you will corrupt data.

Are you using the same computer for opening the files from your old and the new USB drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-drive-word-documents-become-corrupted-need-encoding.89320/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi Guys this Linux USB drive by corrupted Xp is Linux USB drive corrupted by Xp my first post I have a Linux USB drive corrupted by Xp pvr that uses Linux It records in ts files This pvr personnel video recorder uses external USB hard drives that must be previously formatted into Fat and insure that the drive never reaches a sleep mode After that the firmware on the pvr does a quick format Many users report that after they connect the external USB drive to their XP computer to retrieve or copy the ts files then when they reconnect that Linux USB drive corrupted by Xp external drive to the pvr the drive is corrupted After that the pvr will only recognize the drives size or serial number but absolutely refuses to see the any ts files Then they are forced to write zeros with Seagate in the case of FREEAGENT PRO utilities This causes them to loose all the previous recorded movies It makes me very apprehensive to connect my freeagent gig to Xp It appears that Xp adds a flag or bit to the drive rendering it unreadable by the Linux OS of the pvr I wonder if there is a way to clone the external Linux drive fat directly to another USB drive so that I can manipulate or watch the drive on an Xp machine without altering the original drive I only use Xp Any advice is extremely appreciated nbsp

A:Linux USB drive corrupted by Xp

Well, I know nothing about video cameras and stuff, but I know my computers.

It is easy to clone a drive (usb/external/whatever). But you obviously would have to connect it to a computer to do that

So if just connecting it to an XP machine, ruins it, then that is out of the question. So your only option, would be to find someone with a Linux machine, and ask them to clone it for you.

There are other possibilities though I suppose. First off, it may be possible that connecting the drive to an XP machine is ok... and the problem only occurs when the data is read off or something... So basically, you would have to somehow find out, exactly what causes the drive's formatting to be screwed up.

The only other possibility I can think of, is that you make yourself a Linux partition on your computer. Am I right that Linux is free? If so, all you need is a hard disk in your PC, with some free space on it. You can partition it into part XP, and part Linux. So when you restart your PC, you get to choose if you want to boot up in to XP as usual, or boot into Linux.

I'm not sure how hard it is to learn how to use Linux, but that may be a possibility for you anyway. Then, when you wanted to use your PVR's hard drive, you could just boot into Linux and do whatever it is you need to do with it. You could even maybe then copy the stuff off it safely, on to your computer's internal hard drive (or even another external one), and then when you reboot back into XP, you would have the copied data, and the original PVR drive never has to interact with XP.

Hope that helps. If not, hopefully someone else can help. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linux-usb-drive-corrupted-by-xp.86826/
Relevancy 21.07%

My husbands aunt has dial up, we set her email account up but now several months later it is telling her that someone else has that account and she is unable to send email, this is the 2nd time this has happened. How can this be fixed so it doesn't happen again?

A:email conflict in msn

Hi Twinkletla1 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

You dont say what email provider you have, if its with an ISP or with one such as MSN hotmail, Your thread title mentions MSN so I'll hazard a guess that she either hasnt used in for more than once in 30 days and as such the account has been shut down, this is to prevent unused accounts cluttering up the MSN server and filling with junk mail.

To keep a hotmail account active you have to login regularly, about once a fortnight at least.

If its another provider than please post back and let us know.

Whilst your here could you do me the honour of reading the threads below It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-conflict-in-msn.79168/
Relevancy 21.07%

I wonder if anyone can help. I have been receiving emails without any problems but when I try to open some of the attachments, all I get is a page of gobble-de-**** nonesense.

Someone suggested that I save these emails as a 'eml' insted of a 'txt'.

I have no idea what this means and even less of an idea of how to do it.

Can anyone help?....

Ali

A:help with email attachment

What e-mail program are you using?
What are these attachments supposed to be? (You should never open an attachment with unknown contents!)
Who sent you these letters and what e-mail program did they use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-email-attachment.77805/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi All,

I have read the previous threads and it didnot help.
I have a 4GB USB flash which was working in Win XP then I decided to format it in Mac OS Tiger because it wasn't working on Mac.It got stuffed somewhere, somehow.
Now It shows as 2GB on WinXP- will not format - I have used disk management -or work in either WinXP or Mac.
Keeps showing up as 2.0GB- "healthy", file system- is blank in Computer management.

Even linux cannot get it working.

Is it totally gone or there is some hope??
Thanks

PM

A:corrupted USB flash

hum; you took the 4gb device to a 2gb by allowing it to format as FAT32.
FAT32 will mount on any OS, but 4gb will need to be OS specific,
eg NTFS for Win/NT and above or ext3 for Linux.

Try attaching the device to Window and use the Admin Tools->Comp Mgr->Disk Mgmt

you need to DELETE the partition, create a partition, and format /fs:ntfs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-usb-flash.73600/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any tools available on the internet to trace an email.It's a junk mail.Please help.

A:Tools for email trace

You can check e-mail headers via the options button while in an e-mail. Copy and paste the text from one and we'll see if we can trace its origin (blank out any important network information to do with yourself or your company such as public IP address if you like).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tools-for-email-trace.74023/
Relevancy 27.52%

Anyone tell me why after i added a 512 ram card to my com, some games i play, graphics are corrupted....

A:Graphics Corrupted

Maybe the RAM you've added is not compatible with your current RAM? Give us more detail would be much helpful...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-corrupted.72007/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am encountering a bizarre issue synchronizing a Motorola Q to our in-house Exchange server. Topically, everything is working as expected. The problem at hand is, at seemingly random intervals, the Outlook inbox as well as the Q Outlook inbox randomly marks all messages as read; as would be expected, this is creating havoc in matters of scheduling, &c. I have searched all of the Outlook settings, as well as all available Outlook-related options on the Q to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with these phones or any such synchronization issues? Outlook 2003 is completely updated; I am not sure about the version of the Q's firmware, but would assume, considering the phone is new, that it is probably the latest version....

Any ideas?

Regards,

Shane

A:Motorola Q- Outlook 2003 sync issue

Check with technical support for Motorola Q phone... To see if they have any issues like you have described above..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-q-outlook-2003-sync-issue.71124/
Relevancy 20.64%

It just happend a week ago Internet became terribly slow many websites - about of them - don t load at all page not found and I can t send Email - only recieve MSN Messenger either connects or not it depends if it feels like doing so In addition Start- gt Run- gt cmd- gt ipconfig had displayed quot ipconfig quot is load, Email don't can't Websites send not recognized as an external or internal command and something with a Websites don't load, can't send Email batch file I was fixed by going to My Computer- gt Properties- gt Advanced- gt Enviroment Variables- gt Path and editing Websites don't load, can't send Email it to c windows system Before changing it had been something with Quicktime which was fully uninstalled afterwards My Specs AMD X GTX Extreme MB DFI LanParty Ultra-D OCZ GB X - - - WD GB RPM ENERMAX Watt DMark Using NOD Sygate Firewall Adaware Regvac Registry Mechanic Tuneup Utilities Whats the problem I ve tried uninstalling the Ethernet drivers and reinstalling didn t work My computer is virus and spyware-free and well-protected What could go wrong nbsp

A:Websites don't load, can't send Email

refer to this tutorial

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/websites-dont-load-cant-send-email.71253/
Relevancy 26.66%

I was recently transferring copies of some files from my PC to my external Maxtor Corrupted - Directory is The HDD Help..!! USB Please Maxtor File Unreadable..!! or & GB USB Please Help..!! Maxtor USB HDD - The File or Directory is Corrupted & Unreadable..!! HDD after i was finished transferring the files i tried to access Please Help..!! Maxtor USB HDD - The File or Directory is Corrupted & Unreadable..!! a large GB RAR file on there that i had just copied over and it wouldnt let me a access it for some reason even though the file size was the same as the one on my Please Help..!! Maxtor USB HDD - The File or Directory is Corrupted & Unreadable..!! pc so i unpluged the USB-HDD from that pc amp pluged it into my other pc But somehow in the process of doing that i guess I got some sort of a quot Drive write cache failure quot or something not realy sure what it said becuase i saw it once and from then on i can no longer even access into the HDD for some reason because now i keep getting this ERROR every time i try to open the HDD I tried a Chkdsk on the drive amp it gave me this quot The drive the path or the file name is not valid quot Ran SpinRite on it for Hrs and still cant access the drive what else can i do to get my data back of this HDD or even access it nbsp

A:Please Help..!! Maxtor USB HDD - The File or Directory is Corrupted & Unreadable..!!

Write caching is something that Windows does to boost disk access performance. Typically with hard drives, Windows will not write data to an HDD *immediately*, instead it will write it to memory and copy it to the drive later on during idle time. This is why when you plug in a USB drive a "Safely Remove Hardware" icon always appears. Using that icon tells the computer to write all cached data to the drive so that you can unplug it without losing any data. "Drive write cache failure" means you unplugged it while unwritten data was still in the cache - data which is now lost.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is what that error means.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-maxtor-usb-hdd-the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-unreadable.68306/
Relevancy 27.95%

I recently got a strange error on one of my hard drives. Its a western digital 200 GB. The error was G:\$Mft is corrupted. Not realizing the significance, I restarted the computer, and now, I can't access either partition on the HD at all. I get the error G:\ is not accessable. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

I have run the Analyze diagnostic of TestDisk, and it found both partitions, and re-wrote the partition table, but the drive is still inaccessable. I tried to have it rebuild the MFT, but I get the error MFT and MFT mirror are bad. Failed to repair them.

I'm looking for recommendations on what to do now.

Thanks in advance,
Jeffrey

A:Corrupted MFT

well, you've lost the data anyway, so delete the partition, recreate a new one,
reformat with a full initialization.

beware however, your hd may be going south (ie bad)!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-mft.69965/
Relevancy 18.06%

http www shoprbc com ca shop configurator php cgid I m on ABOUT a not inc tax and not REALLY that low budget but that isn t SOLID though if I find something worth breaking my budget OR YOU suggest that I will be very happy with a particular item and I d have to break my budget I m also trying to sell an old HP Pavilion just to generate a few extra bucks And I don t want to sound like I m complaining so don t take it like that but I m in a wheelchair which is WHY I have to do work that I can :) QUOTE! QUOTE EMAIL decide ME shops THE and This me help page; sit down in and I DO spend A LOT of time in front of my PC so MY PC is very important to me which is why I m This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :) asking for your help with this AND I think if you read the very end of this post I have a fun way for you to help me out Now I want to do multimedia and a BIT of gaming I m going in to Media Design maybe even GAME DESIGN itself in school next year this is why I need a new machine so I need to be able to for example run TWO extremely CPU intensive apps at the same time like a multitrack mixer and a track editor so I know I m pretty much having to go with the duel core SO I already have a case the simple black anatec one everyone else bought when it came out in and they just have to put in a new PSU for me for the bit mobo I also already have piles of disk drives and a DVD writer that is just fine So now I m PRETTY sure that I want to go with a DUEL CORE because I ll need it for my multimedia work And I m very familier with the ASUS products already so I d probably just want to stick with them but if there is something less expensive that is MORE suited to my work then please suggest it RAM I do not BELIEVE is an issue though I could be wrong but I was just going to go with the basic g After I ve picked my chip and board up all I need to do is pick a graphics card and a sound card for my multimedia work and yes I understand that with my budget I m trying to put together a pro machine and its difficult to do that But my basic idea is that since I m just a starter multimedia artist and not a pro I don t NEED the PRO version of what a pro would use and pay for right NOW anyways so what I m trying to do is get the smaller cheaper version of the machine I would WANT to own when I got out of school and was working The baby version of the monster I would get when I m really working I know its hard with my budget but don t forget that I m in Canada and I m going to get taxed to death when I buy this So can you help me configure the Chip Preferably DUEL CORE but if that is what is driving up my price too high all the time then I THINK I can deal with single for now though I may regreat that Mobo there are some odd chipsets out there now why do ATI and NVidea have chipsets does that mean I don t need the card anymore and if I AM going to get a Radon X-card of some type then can t I save money but NOT getting a board with the onboard stuff RAM was just going to go generic gig providing it works Video card is it REALLY needed in some of these mobos these days that have the integrated stuff otoh isn t the integrated stuff not that good and shouldn t I just get a quot plain quot mobo with lots of slots and buy cards instead - I DO plan on buying a VIDEO card so well see Sound card cheapest that I can attach a MIDI piano to later or I ll do that more seriously and again see PSU How much power am I going to need Sometimes because I have SO MANY USB things plugged I think I already run low on power A SO all I m asking YOU GUYS to help me with is deciding on the best motherboard and chipset platform to work everything else off of and IF I should even bother in some cases getting the cards if integrated chips if I DO PLAN on buying an ATI PCI-E video card and insert brand sound card anyways I ve NOT been keeping track of this stuff much anymore just only have time for so many quot tech quot hobbies so I just do not know what m... Read more

A:This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :)

i would go with an intel core2 duo processor, asus 680i motherboard, and at least a gig of corsair DDR2 800 ram, in dual channel config. i reccomend two smaller hard drives as apposed to one big one, so you could run them in a fast raid 0 array. raid 0 combines the capacities of the disks involved, so two 160GB drives would give you single 320GB volume. as for the power supply...go with a name brand (that's important for pretty much all computer parts) known for quality, such as antec or PC power & cooling.

if you get a single video card, i would say get the antec neopower 550w, which is quiet, efficient, and supports modular cabling.

as for the USB usage you mentioned, your USB controller (mobo) is going to be the limiting factor in determining how much power can be drawn.

i would edit your post and remove your email address, this is a public webpage and can be viewed by anyone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-shops-quote-page-help-me-decide-and-email-me-the-quote.65245/
Relevancy 22.36%

Here is the found connect account Windows domain cannot (2003)...computer to not back story I am at a school with a NT domain server We bought a new SP server We have two IP ranges Our old configuration had static IP address with DNS servers located at the Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found district that was referenced in the TCP IP properties I set up the new server with roles It has an Active Directory It is a DHCP server I have machines The DHCP has a superscope with scopes within the superscope Each scope has a range of IP address and the exceptions for the server printers et cetera It also is a DNS server that quot listens to all IP addresses quot instead of listen to the quot following IP addresses quot However on the listen to the following IP addresses I put in it s own IP address The DNS server also has forwarders to the district DNS servers The last role is as a File Share I have connected about computers just fine Everything is working good however I am now getting sporadic computers that can t log on I get this message Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable or because your computer account was not found Please try again later Click to expand The computers are still on the server If I re-add the client machine to the domain everything is fine--for now This has been happening to xp machines It has happened times now and I am worried about a continual problem or a major problem around the corner Are there any ideas on what is causing this I have read up a little bit about SID problems but I am not that literate yet I am wondering if I set something up wrong failed to set something up or if there is an entirely different reason Could it be because the computers are still on the NT directory I have not taken off the NT active directory yet or added the NT server to the server I also have an independent server for the library and a server for a special ed room and program No one at the district can help I am out of ideas I am getting really worried that I did something wrong I can t fix I am not an expert I am in the very beginning stages of my MCSA training nbsp

A:Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found

I would look at the network before you look at the OS, when it happens see if you can ping the server by name and IP, also look in the event viewer of the machine and see if there is anything showing up in there.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-cannot-connect-to-domain-2003-computer-account-not-found.63556/
Relevancy 20.64%

new build/ pros and cons /please

New build? This may not be the greatest, however the price seemed right for a first time build. Biostar Gforce 6100 M9 nvidia socket939 with heat sink on the nvidia 4 chip. Atholn64 3200+ Venice. Kingston dual channel 512 pc3200 ddr 400mhz 2x256. Thermaltake 430w ps I'm open to any thoughts, so my next will be better PS: Its for my 14 year old daughter who mainly does Im, email, music, Surfing, my space ect Thank you Kirk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-daughter-im-email-music-basic.61249/
Relevancy 27.52%

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
File verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Deleting index entry INDEX.MAP in index $I30 of file 5095.
Deleting index entry OBJECTS.MAP in index $I30 of file 5095.
Deleting index entry 00105286.MAP in index $I30 of file 11106.
Deleting index entry 00105287.MAP in index $I30 of file 11106.
Deleting index entry 00105288.MAP in index $I30 of file 11106.
Deleting index entry 00105289.MAP in index $I30 of file 11106.
Index verification completed.

Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode.

I tried Chkdsk/f, and Chfdsk/c and it seems to still have problems.

What is the problem?

How Serious is this, how did it came and how to fix it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-f-drive.59326/
Relevancy 27.52%

recently my ac97 was deleted and i just downloaded and installed it again.
now the sound coming from the speakers is fuzzy and sounds really bad.
i know its not the speakers cause it does it on all of them that i tried
i know the quality is good because it worked before (and its 320 kbps)
i cant figure out why the sound is so fuzzy and crappy
any help would be great cause i need good sound and this aint it
-rok

A:Audio output corrupted or what?

nevermind i just had a bad connection i fixed it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-output-corrupted-or-what.59014/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi All I have a SanDisk Cruzer Crossfire GB It was working fine but the other day my wife s work PC crashed - in the middle of backing up some data to the Cruzer Ever since then it has failed to work If I plug it into our home XP PC it recognises the stick and it shows up fine in My Computer If you try to explore it you get a generic disk i o error message or sometimes it reports that corrupted Deleting device a USB storage data from the drive is not formatted If you attempt to format it fails to complete Now I got in touch with SanDisk tech support and they have agreed to replace the stick which is Deleting data from a corrupted USB storage device great So I downloaded an App from Data Doctor Recovery which Deleting data from a corrupted USB storage device was able to go in and identify most of the files on the stick I have now backed these up The problem is that I don t want to send back the stick as it is because it contains personal data So I d like to wipe the stick first Many hours of browsing the net later I cannot find anything that ll do this Most I have tried don t recognise the drive or report i o errors when attempting to write I have tried using Disk Admin in the PC management but the relevant options such as delete partition are greyed out Can anyone help me please by suggesting a method I could use to wipe the drive Seeing that the Data Doctor was able to ignore bad sectors and find files I am assuming that it must be possible to have an app that ignores bad sectors and wipes good ones Any ideas suggestions appreciated I have to send the stick off ASAP Many thanks advance StuM nbsp

A:Deleting data from a corrupted USB storage device

I was sure there was an option to delete files as well on Data Recovery Doctor... I could be wrong though. Most other recovery programs will also have a delete section...

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deleting-data-from-a-corrupted-usb-storage-device.58451/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a weird problem connection problem when I to go to Outlook. The connection says authorizing then a timeout error. This problem comes and goes. Does anyone have a thought as to what this might be?

A:DSL/Outlook Express problem

Try disabling email scanning in your AV/Firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-outlook-express-problem.54704/
Relevancy 23.22%

i need to get into the administrator account on this laptop.

i barely know any information about this computer.
i am on a limited account.

it is a dell inspiron 1100.
& i am using windows xp pro.

obviously, i need to get the password for the administrator account.

i would really apprececiate some help on this matter.
please & thanks.

A:I need into my administrator user account but don't have the password.

Ask the administrator.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-into-my-administrator-user-account-but-dont-have-the-password.52618/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have setup my computer (WinXP Home) to have two user accounts. I've noticed that often (maybe always) whichever account is initially logged into when the computer is first booted up seems to be the only account from which the CD or DVD drives can be accessed. What can I do to correct this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-only-access-cd-drive-from-account-that-was-initially-logged-into.48724/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a Gateway GM pc and was having issues with IRQ conflicts I was told that this is something that was fixed in the latest bios so I downloaded and ran them windows program that would automate the install of these bios Long story short the computer rebooted to install the by Bios bios corrupted bad install bios and then hung on a black screen After minutes it was clear that something was wrong I have verified that these are the correct bios for my motherboard and everything I was able to get the computer to boot to windows by holding down the insert key when the system is turning Bios corrupted by bad bios install on however when I try to access the bios screen its all corrupt in there with a blue screen and unreadable text While i Know the easy answer is to trash the motherboard before I go spend on a replacement I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as the computer does now boot to windows but I am concerned that there are still some problems that should be addressed with the Bios Thanks nbsp

A:Bios corrupted by bad bios install

Try resetting the CMOS (there's a jumper for that on the motherboard).

Boot using a DOS floppy or CD and re-flash the BIOS from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-corrupted-by-bad-bios-install.48516/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm looking for a way to trace a spammer, legally, with legal intent.
The isp would be great.
attatched is txt I've gotten already.
Thanks for any help.

A:Can yahoo email be traced?

if emails come to a mail client like thunderbird ot mozilla you can view the whole content
view message source
that may get you origin
thunderbird and mozilla only
I don't know bout IE or messenger

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-yahoo-email-be-traced.48254/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello from newbie to this forum After searching threads I could not find solution for this particular and perplexing problem I have a small network as follows Winxp pc Win kpro pc G Mac All connected through SMC Barricade router which is connected to adsl modem Sprint The problem is that the Win pc has lost ability to connect to internet through any browser IE FF Moz Opera I can send and receive email use my ftp program to connect to remote servers and upload download files and can move files from my Mac to PC via Dave client software Here is what I have tried so far powered off everything then powered up modem router pc bypassed router hooked pc directly to modem disabled firewalls uninstalled reinstalled tcp ip uninstalled reinstalled nic replaced nic with known good one use internet, out email, ping can receive Cannot can access FTP, replaced cat cable I can access internet with the winxp computer Cannot access internet, can receive email, use FTP, can ping out using it now I can ping from win computer to this computer and mac can ping router and modem from win pc can ping loopback and ip address from win pc ipconfig shows that I am being assigned an address all pcs on net have same subnet mask address I cannot ping the win pc from the mac or the winxp machine I have also run WinsockFix exe I have deep scanned with Norton for viruses I have run Adaware and MS spyware Still no joy I would appreciate any suggestions nbsp

A:Cannot access internet, can receive email, use FTP, can ping out

May sound daft, but have you ran the Internet connection wizard, sometimes it just fixes things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-internet-can-receive-email-use-ftp-can-ping-out.46962/
Relevancy 26.66%

here s the specs and then the problem ghz celeron ddr ram soyo p i pe v mobo socket gb hitachi deskstar sata hdd gb western digital ide hdd gb maxtor ide hdd audigy platinum an array of pci cards but that is really irrelavant this ight be lenghty and alot of it mught be erroneous but to give a complete picture of whats goin on heres how it goes the parts mentioned above drive to boot of that is can sata i corrupted use off can't data so get ide minus the sound card western digital hdd and hitachi sata is is about to be given to my grandparents when my new stuff gets here in the next few days thanks to newegg the hitachi hdd is my primary drive and will be reformatted and put in the new rig that is on its way i was bored and set up xp pro on the maxtor that is not staying with me it had all my important stuff backed up on it not a big deal i was can't use ide to boot so i can get data off of sata drive that is corrupted going to back up all my stuff on the western digital drive off of the sata drive so i didn t care that i reformatted all my backup i got lazy and didn t back up all my data from the hitachi on to the western digital and well i think i got a virus and my xp pro has become unbootable on the hitachi it hangs at the black screen with the scrolling blue bar and then reboots its self so basically i am pretty sure i am S O L on getting back my music porn etc about gigs or so of stuff i have collected my mobo only supports a single sata hdd no other type of sata device it is only detected as the master no way to make it the slave it shares an ide channel i ahve three ide channels total i wanna boot up with the maxtor ide and have the hitachi sata just show up as another drive i can t seem to do that i have tried tweaking the bios jumpering the ide drive right and no matter what the install of xp which doesn t fully boot is always seeked out first i hope this has made enought sense for somebody to help me out the only other thing i can think of that might work would be to get an external enclosure to put the drive in and use it through a usb anway if somebody could shed some light on it for me that wouldbe great nbsp

A:can't use ide to boot so i can get data off of sata drive that is corrupted

simpler way of putting it

i failed to mention or it wasn't made clear that i want to get my data off of the sata drive before i do a fresh install on my new rig thats coming. unless someone has a definite way of doing it i can bet i have already tried it. i am horribly stumped and am going crazy. i need the eqiuivalent of jumpering two ide drives to make one boot and the other not boot if that makes anymore sense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-ide-to-boot-so-i-can-get-data-off-of-sata-drive-that-is-corrupted.46205/
Relevancy 26.66%

The MP3 player contends that it's memory is full, yet it has nothing in its navigational tree. The mp3 device has corrupted before; however, last time it simply froze on one track rendering it impossible to change tracks without the device shutting down. In this instance there are no tracks to attempt to switch to, the only thing that works is the radio.

My solution was simple, reinstall the firmware implementing YP-MT6 updater--just like last time I had an issue. Sadly, the firmware install freezes well under half way through when it says "locking drive[ers?]" it was one of the two.

Anyway to beet this problem? 'Cause I'm at a loss. Not a happy costumer as far as this little samsung is concerned--i figured their phones were great so their other stuff should be too! Ha.

links to costumer service would be great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstalation-issue-with-samsung-mt6-firmware-corrupted-reinstall.45650/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have windows XP .When i opening Microsoft outlook It get hanging.When i changing the data store folder then it opening.After 2 or 3 days the same pbm occured.I have Macfee 8.0 installed on that pc.
Plz give solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-outlook.44346/
Relevancy 21.5%

Following 2 re-installs of SBS2003 on my Dell 400SC server none of the workstations on our network are able to send emails via Exchange server.
The error message that keeps coming up is:-
"553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"
I'm pretty sure this is just a setup issue but having searched several other forums there seems to be several opinions as to the cause of this error.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
All the workstations are running XP Pro (SP2) and using Outlook 2003 for email. :blackeye:

A:Email not being sent

Normally this would be an incorrect DNS configuration on a Windows Server. Check your event viewer. If there are DNS errors, you may want to resolve those first. If you DNS is clean, you still may want to use the IP address of your Mail Server instead of the domain name. Additionally, something I've run into in the past is some ISP's only allow sending of mail within so many seconds of POP3 authentication. I believe QWest does this. This is their way of preventing relaying but it screwed me up seeing how they provide our connectivity but my POP3 email is with another company that houses our domain so I never downloaded POP3 from Qwest. It could be that username and password authentication are required to get around this. I'm not sure where that setting is but I'll try to remember to look on my server at work tomorrow. If I find anything good, I'll let you know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-not-being-sent.43606/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have just lost every thing on O/Exp, all folders, emails the lot, it now looks like the first time I ran with O/Exp all the basic folders are there but empty, I have tried restore but it's just the same. Have done a search and what comes up is the same empty O/Exp. I have a feeling that the start up may be inhibited as I had a start up progame and monitor which I have just deleted. HELP, if the wife finds out I will be made to do the ironing for a month aaah.
Degs

A:Outlook Express Disappearance

This link is almost relevant- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313055/ the bit about searching for .dbx files certainly is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-disappearance.42308/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone, have been searching the boards for something similar to my problem but no luck, so here goes...

Long Story short, i reset my comp when it was writing to disk (Bad idea i know, i'm impatient) and when it rebooted, my secondary drive (250GB maxtor diamond max 10) was missing from explorer (xp). It can be seen in BIOS ok, and appears in Disk management as unallocated. I ran the Maxtor Powermax program (good advice from another post) which confirmed the drive is fine apart from 'absent' partion information. I have tried the drive in another pc and got the same symptoms.

The drive contains about 180GB of video files and editing which i haven't backed up due to its size, and i really need to get them back. Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help will be muchly appreciated,

Thanks,

Sancho

A:Corrupted / Lost Partition on Second Hard drive

How was the disk partitioned? If it was just one big primary partition then filling in the missing partition table manually should fix it..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-lost-partition-on-second-hard-drive.38679/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi recently I have had a problem with my Maxtor GB Drive in a new Dell XPS Running Windows XP I can t access my computer When I tired to boot my computer it said quot No boot device Push F to Reboot Or F for System Utilities quot or something along those lines So I went into BIOS and made sure all the settings were right like HD was set as boot and I went to devices and the HD was reconized So I tried Boot up discs and finally tried to reinstall XP on it When I started Windows XP setup it took forever to load up which is unlike it and when I finally got to the setup menu it said R for Recovery Utility Enter to Reinstall Windows on Selected Partition C to create Partition or D to Delete Partition or something like that So I hit enter and I get a Blue Screen error saying The system has shutdown windows to prevent damage to your system so i m like WTH The harddrive was detected but not accessable So I tried to Delete HDD Corrupted ??? Partition and I get same error I really don t know what to do I don t have the harddrive drivers disc and I am not too bright when it comes to fixing this stuff Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreachiated nbsp

A:HDD Corrupted ???

Take your hdd out and make sure it is set to master and then try to reinstall windows...if you have more than one device on your primary cable try to make it just your hdd...use your secondary for any cd/dvd drives u might be using

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-corrupted.36843/
Relevancy 23.65%

Same physical drive,
C has Windows 98SE & all the apps
D has all the data

C is somehow corrupted - the registry basically,
so Win won't start

It happened when I ran the paid version
of Registry Mechanic.

The MS Tech said I could safely hook
that physical drive to my new system,
as a slave, and of course without booting
from it get the data off of the D partition.

Now PC Tools (Registry Mechanic) has
asked me to go into the corrupted C
partition and retrieve or copy some files
for them so they can try to figure out
what happened to my registry.
(re previous post "Worm in RM)

Any watchouts for either operation?

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-watchouts-for-taking-data-off-of-d-partition-when-c-is-corrupted.35878/
Relevancy 20.64%

ehy guys i am at a cafe in austin trying to send emails from a wireless connection, it says i have excellent connection but am unable to send, can receive email but not send, pls help

A:trying to send email from wireless connection

"unable to send" means what? What program are you using? What kind of a mail account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-send-email-from-wireless-connection.33104/
Relevancy 20.64%

hi helpful people, i recently (yesterday) installed Verizon DSL and have no problems with it except that when i access my Yahoo mail it takes frustratingly forever to download anything. When i used my old ISP again, as i haven't cancelled it yet, Yahoo worked fine. So i contacted Verizon who told me it was either a Yahoo problem or a computer problem??? When i informed them that it only started when i installed their software, and went away when i used my other ISP, they inferred i was some kind of ignorant *****. They were absolutely no help. So what gives? Am i some kind of ignorant *****, or could it indeed be Verizon stuffing it up? Everything else downloads fine. Could it be that i have mainly Australian Yahoo email addresses, thereby creating some sort of spam problem? I appreciate your help.
Thanks
Doz

A:Yahoo email problems with verizon dsl

it could be many things, but let's start with some basics.
You mentioned Verizon DSL, implying a telephone connection rather than
a cable. Secondly, how do you access your original ISP; dial-up?

Started after loading their software -- what does that package do?
Is it like AOL which presents the whole interface of a browser (totally unnecessary).

With the DSL modem in place, I would bet you could just start any browser and
it would access the Internet just fine - - including your Yahoo Email. Once your
computer has IP, Gateway and DNS addresses, your good to go and all programs
which have tcp/ip ability will run without knowing how or who(the isp) got
installed or configured.

you can verify your tcp thus;
run->enter the word
cmd
hit enter
then type
ipconfig /all

results look like
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : xxxx.adelphia.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-B1-3C-CC-1D
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . ... . . . : 192.168.0.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.111.16.30
Lease Obtained. . . . . . .. . . : Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:39:49 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . .. . . : Monday, January 18, 2038 8:14:07 PM

but your specifics will be unique to Verizon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yahoo-email-problems-with-verizon-dsl.30697/
Relevancy 19.78%

Using WideBand achieving about 1.5 Mbps with a speed test. When sending email with file attachment of 3.2MB, the time to send or receive the email w/file attachment takes minutes not seconds. A friend with the same BroadBand service using the same email message w/same attachment can do it in 73 seconds. Is there something I'm missing in settings on my system? Or is this an issue with the mail server(s) and MIME?

Thanks.

A:EMail File Attachment(MIME) transfer speed too slow on WideBand

Well it all depends on what you upload speed is, not your download speed. You likely have 256kpbs or maybe a little higher. That really limits your capability of sending a large attachment quickly.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-file-attachment-mime-transfer-speed-too-slow-on-wideband.28340/
Relevancy 26.23%

I just transfered some data from Maxtor OneTouch II to my computer, but suddenly it stopped and showed raw datas. Then I restart the windows XP and tried to fix it when it booted up (it said that some of the files and chain files are truncated - I don't understand what that means to my data ) . So now, the external drive no longer show raw datas but a folder named found.000 filled with thousands of "chk" files and a file named &2&2.

I then tried the latest Powermax from Maxtor, but it turned out that Powermax doesn't detect external harddrive (Mine is USB2.0). So no luck there?

Is there anyway to recover the data back? Or am I pretty much out of luck and have to reformat the HD ?

A:External Maxtor OneTouch II 200G corrupted - How to recover the data?

Those check files can be opened in Notepad. Although as it is in fragments you only find some pieces of readable text. All this can be cut and pasted, but a laborious job. It could be transfered to desktop (if you have one) to run Powermax to see if that would have more success.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-maxtor-onetouch-ii-200g-corrupted-how-to-recover-the-data.27922/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a number of unreadable files and folders on my DCIM removable media. I can't open them and can't rename. When I try to do so, I am informed that they can't be read or opened. At first one or two showed up as I used the removable media from my camera, but as I continue to use and recover images, more of these files appear.

Is there any way to delete or dispose of them?

A:DCIM corrupted files

Reformat the media using the camera if possible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dcim-corrupted-files.27542/
Relevancy 23.22%

I've tried deleting all other accounts, other than my own, and making all new ones and I still cannot get the internet to work on any of the other accounts. I don't know whether the DNS isn't working right or what? I am using XP and could use and appreciate any help i could get. Thanks, Jeremy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-only-works-with-one-xp-user-account.27270/