Windows Support Forum

Broken Screen, No VGA, HDMI is Picture Distorted

Q: Broken Screen, No VGA, HDMI is Picture Distorted

My newest task is centered around an HP Pavilion 15-p033ca laptop with a broken screen. Replacing the screen is actually super simple but my issue lies elsewhere.

Normally I would hook the laptop up to a monitor via VGA cable. This newer laptop only has an HDMI hook-up, so I hooked it up to my TV with that cable. The HP logo upon start up is semi-visible as the picture is distorted. So, before I spend money and order the screen my question is...

Does an HDMI relay the Broken screens picture to the TV and that's why is messed up? or should the TV picture still be clear? Like when a broken screen laptop is hooked to an external monitor with a VGA and the external monitor works fine.

I'm worried there may be an internal GPU or Mobo issue aside from the screen being broke.... Finally is there a better way I can test this instead?

Thanks for any info or Ideas in advance!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Broken Screen, No VGA, HDMI is Picture Distorted

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.95%

My son gave me a dell laptop with a broken screen, a DPN PJ8GD A00 service tag missing. Anyway, I want to hook it via hdmi cable to my tv but the tv just shows a black screen. There's enough of the damaged screen to show it's displaying. Is there a trick to get hdmi to work? thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19994919
Relevancy 69.66%

I broke my screen and completely removed the top half, cables and all. Until I can find a replacement, I wanted to use to an external display, but now I'm not getting anything from my mini-HDMI port... Any one have any idea why?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Broken-screen-no-HDMI-output/td-p/3355120
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey thanks for looking! I dropped my samsung chronos, breaking the screen conpletely and for weeks I was ok with the hdmi cable connection. But one day I think the laptop may have gone into safe mode or something and I have "no signal".
So ive tried different variations of turning laptop/tv on. Tried disconnecing the screen. Tried "F4". Basically there is a lot of damage so Im worried that its all over. Although it worked preciously so the damage caused mustnt be the reason. Pretty crud can you help?
This happened 2 days after buying the new Total War game, just my luck!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/126169-samsung-chronos-broken-screen-hdmi.html
Relevancy 63.21%

When I connect my computer to my quot Sharp LCD HDTV via VGA the TV only offers two options to change viewing mode one being a sidebar display and the other being a stretched display This is incredibly annoying as this is only the case for the VGA input and not for any of the other connections to Distorted Picture VGA on TV composite component S-Video HDMI These other connections also allow you to zoom in on the the picture rather than to just stretch it I am almost completely sure there is nothing I can do on the TV end of the problem Distorted Picture on VGA to TV so If I set up the TV to quot stretched quot is there a way I can counteract the stretch on the computer so that the picture appears normal Thank you in advance and I apologize if I posted this in the wrong category - James Computer Dell Inspiron OS Microsoft Windows Distorted Picture on VGA to TV Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM GB Distorted Picture on VGA to TV Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives GB Western Digital internal SATA Motherboard Dell Inc U C Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hey, I've been looking for help for this for 2 days straight and still haven't found any help.

Basicly about 3 or 4 weeks ago, my motherboard or graphics card went, i had the computer repaired and it arrived a few days ago.

I've plugged it all in but i can't get any sound.
I've changed my Bios, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, did some roll backs, plugged in the S/pdif cable altered my properties and still no luck.

Can anyone help me?

The screen shot below is of what my Playback Devices panel looks like when iTunes is on.
I'll give any information i can.

Relevancy 62.78%

Looked through some of the existing threads but didn t find anything similar to Picture Video Distorted my problem I have a friend who likes to watch QVC yes that TV shopping channel off and on during the day You can select quot Watch QVC Live Distorted Video Picture quot and watch Distorted Video Picture whatever program is on at the time She asked me to find out why the video recently started to display distorted I took a look and saw that the area of the screen where the video displays is broken up into a series of colored lines You can vaguely see images behind the lines and movement as the image changes but the lines remain the dominant feature I checked and found that they use Windows Media Player v for PC users She has Real Player I downloaded WMP v for her since v is Distorted Video Picture no longer available to XP users according to Microsoft web site That didn t solve the problem I asked her to email QVC customer support but they were no help I asked if she had made any changes recently The only things she could recall is cleaning out some Cookies and maybe responding to a message asking her to make Real Player her default player I checked her Real Player settings and changed it so it should not be her default any longer That didn s solve the problem Perhaps the problem has something to do with mixing the two players When I changed Real Player from being the detault player it listed a lot of media files asking me to select which ones I wanted for Real Player That s when I ended my ability to figure this one out Any ideas out there Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distorted-video-picture.540353/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a new PC - windows xp home edition. It plays DVDs using Power DVD. However the quality of picture is poor, there is a speckled haze mainly over the darker colours, brighter colours seem too vivid and overall the picture is too bright. I have tried a few things in 'Control Panel', including adjusting the hardware acceleration, but I haven't managed to make any difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-dvd-distorted-picture.381795/
Relevancy 61.06%

Whenever I add a picture or any kind of graphic to an email, it is all messed up and distorted. Any ideas?

A:outlook 2003: picture distorted in email

Hey there BP,

Whenever I add (what is 'add' ? Attach? Insert? Paste? Any of the above?) a picture or any kind of graphic (.Bmp's ? jpg's gif's? any kind of graphic file?) to an email, it is all messed up and distorted. (Distorted before you send it or when they receive it? What is distorted? Totally messed up or just proportions out of whack?) Any ideas? Maybe.... but first all I seem to have are questions.

- Castlheart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-picture-distorted-in-email.339074/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there For some reason all of a sudden when plugging in my external display as usual using HDMI not only did the external display not display anything the message Power Saving Mode On came up and the screen goes on standby I was then left with just the internal monitor which was heavily distorted and everything was overlayed by a grid of small squares I tried unplugging the monitor reconnecting the HDMI restarting my laptop with the cable attatched and then without all to no avail The only thing that I found to work was when I reconnected the HDMI cable with the external still blank I managed to get onto the Display gt Screen distorted - sending HDMI monitor internal not heavily signal Resolution screen and chose Duplicate these displays option which has made my internal monitor work again but I still get no joy whatsoever from my external and when I unplug the HDMI the internal monitor flicks blank and then reverts to being heavily distorted again A very bizarre problem Please pleae help Many thanks in advance My laptop is HP Pavilion DV - sa O S Windows bit PS I have tried my friends external monitor with a different cable and I still get an identical problem nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Have had no problems before but for some reason when I ve now tried to capture home videos on ULEAD Videostudio the pitcture I get on screen in capture mode is distorted and so there s been no point trying to capture home movies for eduting at the moment until Videostudio camcorder distorted ULead picture via to when capturing from Firewire I get this resolved I cannot figure out why this is now happening and so wondered if anyone has any ideas on how I resolve this before I take the step of - uninstalling and then reinstalling ULEAD Which I tried a few weeks ago and seemed to make no difference and I still distorted picture when capturing to ULead Videostudio from camcorder via Firewire get the distorted picture If that don t work do a complete clean install of Windows XP and then install all other programs incl ULEAD Obviously I would prefer not to have to take the nd step I currently have Windows XP Pro Windows Media Player Cyberlink Power DVD Real Player and Quicktime Don t know if one of the media players is conflicting with ULEAD and hence it s causing the distorted image Thanks in advance for any help and or advice nbsp

A:distorted picture when capturing to ULead Videostudio from camcorder via Firewire

I'm wondering what you mean by "distorted"? If you mean that you lose aspect ratio (the picture has the wrong dimensions so it looks short and squatty or long and lean) then you may want to take a look at the settings for capture and adjust them.

Post back with a few more details: what is "distorted", what are your capture settings, what sort of input do you have (digital vid, analog vid).

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distorted-picture-when-capturing-to-ulead-videostudio-from-camcorder-via-firewire.359966/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a XPS M1530 laptop that I use to play videos on my plasma. Everything was working fine and I even watched a movie tonight.

But now it doesn't detect the HDMI. My blu-ray still worked and so did my girlfriend's PC.

I have looked at the mobility center and it sometimes says device connected but when I try to mirror/dual/external it doesn't do anything. Nothing shows up on my TV and it doesn't switch to the display when I do anything.

I fear that the HDMI thing in my laptop has been broken. Is there a way to troubleshoot that maybe?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/242057-hdmi-broken.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Athlon tm FX- Dual Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard http www abit com tw KN SLI NF-CK x Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled MONITOR DVI-D quot LG LED MONITOR Westinghouse LTV- w HD has VGA and most likely a st gen HDMI input as well no DVI Note The Westinhouse Manual said I would have to use L R audio separately when using a DVI to HDMI converter Trying to get the Westinghouse operable I tried a DVI to HDMI picture (probably 1st - to HDMI DVI-D gen) no cable from Fry s It provided video at x but the text amp numbers output were barely legible As directed by the Westinghouse Manual when using DVI to HDMI I hooked up L R audio and it worked okay I brought it back to Fry s Next I bought a ft DVI to HDMI cable at monoprice com hoping for a clearer text output I got no video at all monitor says quot no signal detected quot I called monoprice and they suggested I buy a Converter as some of DVI-D to HDMI (probably 1st gen) - no picture the old HDMI s don t work with DVI TO solve this I don t know whether it would be better to buy a new video card with both DVI and HDMI outputs or get a DVI to HDMI Converter Box none are inexpensive --- or get a new video card with an added VGA SVGA output which the Westinghouse has of course If all these were in front of me here I could try them--but as they are not what do you think is my best bet I have my monitor on a wall-based articulating arm that I just installed and I can t afford a new one right now nbsp

A:DVI-D to HDMI (probably 1st gen) - no picture

There should be little to no difference between the two PC outputs (DVI or HDMI). Especially as they will be connected to the SAME input on the TV. Both are digital. The only difference is the fact that HDMI also carries audio.

Two thoughts. First, try a different cable. There can be a big difference between cable types and brands. Second, experiment with the resolution. While using the native resolution is the recommended option, sometimes using a higher resolution will help.

Also note that it won't be as clear and useable as a standard monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvi-d-to-hdmi-probably-1st-gen-no-picture.1016330/
Relevancy 55.47%

Using HDMI port to watch netflix on my TV. The picture looks fine but almost half of the picture on my TV is off centered.

I'm using a HP laptop. The resolution goes up to 768 p

TV is a Toshiba 32" LCD, 1080 p

How do i fix this? I played with the video settings on the TV , but the picure is still the same.

Joe

A:HDMI - picture off centered on TV

Your tv is 16:9 format im assuming? Is the laptop set to. A 4:3 Or 5.4 resolution? have a look at this article it should answer most of your questions http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444186/hdmi-picture-off-centered-on-tv/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just bought a new LG quot monitor TV M WD to hook up to my laptop The monitor has both DVI and HDMI inputs and my laptop has just an HDMI out When I hook up my laptop to the monitor with cable HDMI out -DVI in everything like looks crap picture HDMI looks great However when I use cable HDMI out -HDMI in the colors are a bit off and the desktop text looks fuzzy Also the signal with DVI lists on the LG monitor screen as email protected whereas the signal with HDMI lists as i not p I have tried swapping out the HDMI-HDMI cable so it s not that I also had the same thing happen when hooking the monitor up to another computer s HDMI out port I ve tried using Just Scan it fixed the scaling but HDMI picture looks like crap not the picture quality I ve also tried renaming the HDMI port to quot PC quot but that also did nothing Should there be a difference between HDMI and DVI picture rendering I need to use HDMI because that HDMI picture looks like crap s the only input that s HDCP compatible Thanks nbsp

A:HDMI picture looks like crap

Well, FWIW 1080 i is interlaced and 1080 p is progressive scan, differences being explained more exhaustively here

seems that the LG is interpreting the PC input via HDMI as a HD image as from DVD player, Blu Ray etc. The DVI appears to be interpreted (correctly) as a PC image input.

That's my guess.

The features for your LG show that it has 3 picture modes to choose from. Have you tried changing the mode, or is that just for Video image (like "cool, warm, personal etc.")?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-picture-looks-like-crap.861235/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey all... Have recently formatted my laptop (Dell Studio) and previously I always plugged a HMDI chord from the laptop to the TV to watch movies, shows etc... And it was fine.
But since the format the picture through the middle of the screen has been having a blurry line going through it, it's really bugging me now haha..

Could I missing a driver or something after the format? If so, how can I find out what?
Or some thing else...

Any help would be appreciated fellas, thanks.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I hope someone can help I bought HDMI cables for my PC and my wifes PC but on fitting them both Washed-out picture HDMI pictures now have a washed-out quality and the resolution looks blurry Both Graphics cards can support HD GTS and ATI HD and both monitors are HD compatible We have the Washed-out HDMI picture latest drivers for both Washed-out HDMI picture cards and monitors Changing the colour amp video Washed-out HDMI picture settings don t make much improvement Cards utilities and windows confirm the res is still I ve also lost about cms in width and length around the border of my screen When I move back to D-sub I get the full screen again My wife has moved back to her DVI cable until we can get this sorted Browsing on the net for washed-out HDMI shows that others suffer from the same issue but there doesn t seem to be a definitive answer I wanted HDMI for the digital sound -cable solution but the picture quality loss is too hard to bear so far I d be gratefull of any help or ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Washed-out HDMI picture

Sometimes the quality of the HDMI Cable can make the difference. I bought one of these for connection between my PC and my LCD TV and the picture quality is great. It also works wonderfully on my 22.5" LCD monitor. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812816003 You can get a shorter Cable from the same manufacturer from New Egg as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/washed-out-hdmi-picture.901369/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ever since picture OK, no HDMI but TV sound I had to undo an update made by PowerSuite I have not been able to get any sound out of my TV connected to my notebook PC TV Video is HDMI TV picture OK, but no sound fine amp the Notebook sound amp video is fine too I do not recall what update Power Suite installed The TV HDMI TV picture OK, but no sound plays DVDs from my DVD player fine - both sound amp video I downloaded a driver update from PowerSuite and I found that it had installed Conexant High Def Audio Unfortunately still no sound from the TV - same as before I have read a few blogs and all mention an entry for HDMI in the quot Manage Audio Devices quot in the Sound- gt Playback window I have no such entry - the only one I have is for the Conexant driver I Googled Realtek I have their driver on my desktop PC but when I went to download the driver I got a quot warning dangerous website quot kind of message so I did not go any further Does anyone have any ideas how I can get sound back on my notebook nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-tv-picture-ok-but-no-sound.1167090/
Relevancy 54.61%

cannot get picture from desktop to tv. with hdmi. can get  tv picture with dell laptop

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19986768
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys

Having problems connecting my Toshiba laptop satellite C50-A-138 to my Toshiba LCD COLOUR TV Model no:40L3451DB.

When connecting the laptop with a HDMI cable to the TV, I get picture but no sound. I have already set the tv as the default but it makes no difference.I have set up all the sound setting i can see to full. Have any of ye guys got any solutions or ideas ??????

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89985-Satellite-C50-A-138-TV-hdmi-connection-picture-but-no-sound
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I've recently bought a large plasma tv and would like to use it as a second monitor. I have a radeon 9600. I've bought a DVI to HDMI cable and run setup wizard on the catalyst control centre to detect my tv. After selecting my options which include reducing the display to 1024x768 there is still no picture at all. Panasonic TV has been detected by the card/software. The Catalyst Control Centre is version 7. The TV is on HDMI channel 1. The cable is plugged in the HDMI slot 1 and DVI on my graphics card. Anything else I've missed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture-using-dvi-to-hdmi-cable-on-radeon-9600.67961/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

I have a toshiba satellite p300 laptop and have purchased an hdmi cable hooked it up to samsung tv, i have a picture just no sound. Do you have to download some drivers to get sound, or something else???

Thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have a Acer aspire laptop with ATI Radeon HD graphics card Loss HDMI to of TV and connection sound picture - which i connect to my Pansonic TX-L G B LCD Tv via the HDMI output on a regular basis to watch films etc I have had no problems with the connection since the day i bought the TV and have been happlily using it for the last years A couple of days ago i connected the laptop to TV as HDMI to TV connection - Loss of picture and sound usual and changed to the correct HDMI channel and got nothing I disconnecetd the lead and reconnected but still no picture or sound on the TV I tested the HDMI cable and Tv input by connecting the lead to my XBOX and it worked perfectly When i connect the lead HDMI to TV connection - Loss of picture and sound to the laptop the screen goes blank for a second and i hear the connection sound as normal however no picture on the TV I have checked the display settings and the TV is listed under monitors I have tried all settings eg HDMI to TV connection - Loss of picture and sound extend display duplicate etc and it appears to work correctly but i cannot get a picture or sound on the TV I did think maybe this problem was due to a recent windows update so i have run a system restore to a previous time when this worked but no joy I have also unistalled the old graphics card drivers and installed the new ones from the AMD web site and again nothing Can anyone offer any help or suggestions of what else i can try or do I am running out of ideas Many thanks for your help nbsp

A:HDMI to TV connection - Loss of picture and sound

I've read on a few sites of these issues being fixed by enabling the HDMI Audio Output in the Control Panel audio settings. Another thing you can try is cloning the display using the function (FN) keys on your laptop. One more thing to check is power settings, GPU may be disabling HDMI out to save power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-to-tv-connection-loss-of-picture-and-sound.1068398/
Relevancy 54.18%

hdmi not outputting picture or sound suddenly. was working fine up to today checked updates none recent but still rolled back to over a week  ago just in case but still no hdmi output. cables checked drivers checked just randomly stopped any help greatly appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hdmi-not-outputting-picture-or-sound-suddenly/td-p/5706916
Relevancy 54.18%

I ve just finished several nights with TSG Security guys getting rid of unwanted visitors here on my computer The reason I d done this originally was that I had gone into my Kodak digital pictures to back them up on discs To my horror many pictures on clicking the thumbnail to see the actual pictures displayed a quot picture missing moved deleted or the file is damaged quot messages I Called Kodak and the quot technical quot person there pointed out that within three seconds of opening an album Links Broken Kodak Picture EasyShare a little red lightning bolt was appearing in the upper right hand corner of every picture On going into files to find the pictures every path was a dead end with no pictures and she eventually said she d have to escalate the problem to another tech team but Broken Picture Links Kodak EasyShare with my hours of work I couldn t talk on the phone with them and ended up here which is a good thing Can anybody help me save these pictures nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Dell e7450 and i am trying to connect it to a Samsung Series 6 6400 55" via HDMI.
The laptop shows that it is connected to the TV because when i go to the display properties the TV comes up. 
On the TV it shows that something is connected to that source.
Yes i have checked the laptop is on duplicate screen.
I have reinstalled the graphics driver.
I have tried every HDMI port on the TV but the tv still says no picture connected.
Different model laptops work via hdmi with the TV.
I have tried the dell Laptop with another TV via HDMI and it works fine.
How do i get it to work???

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19681695
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm on a HP pavilion that came prepackaged with vista, but reloaded with windows XP, if that helps at all.

Now I've been trying to google this problem. And everyone says go to my sound settings in control panel and change my audio playback to HDMI.

The problem is that option never shows up. It's just my laptop speakers and that is it. Everyone else can seem to fix this problem by doing that. But not me :/

A:Sound doesn't work on TV using HDMI out. Picture is fine.

What is the video port on the computer end? is it DVI or HDMI? If the laptop port (not the TV) is a DVI connector and you are using an adapter to adapt it to HDMI, DVI does not carry sound. You can connect the audio using a cable from the Head Phone jack to RCA. to plug into your TV or stereo.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-doesnt-work-on-tv-using-hdmi-out-picture-is-fine-579585.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hiya people I am having a problem with my TV or it could be my graphics card anyway I have the Nvidia gforce GT connected to my Geforce DVI Nvidia picture blurry 9500 HDMI, GT - quot LCD tv via DVI to HDMI but Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT DVI - HDMI, blurry picture when I have it connected via HDMI port on my TV the Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT DVI - HDMI, blurry picture picture becomes blurry and I have scaling problems but I can fix the scaling problems Anyway once I sort out the scaling problem the picture looks blurry and it looks like the brightness is set too high I have tried changing it in the nvidia control pannel and the same with my tv but it still stays the same Anyways when i connect it via HDMI port on my TV the picture runs perfect the brightness is fine as well as the scaling and also the picture looks alot more vibrant and does not have the grayish look and I dont have to mess about with any of the settings and when I have my Xbox or my ps on this port the picture looks hell of alot better as the picture looks more vibrant and the black seems to be better on this port too anyways anyone know if there is a fix for this if so HELP if you need to know any of my specs or settings or make of tv let me know and I shall post it as soon as i can nbsp

A:Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT DVI - HDMI, blurry picture

anyone?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-9500-gt-dvi-hdmi-blurry-picture.141849/
Relevancy 53.75%

I got this error message "Setting the account picture failed, please try again". I need to know how to fix this, i got this error after i browsed the pic i wanted to use, if you guys know how to fix this thing, I'll thank you here's the screenshot, I'm not using a pirated copy of this OS, please help!

A:Can't change account picture / lock screen's picture

I don't know what may happen,but I think it worth to try:
First of all, go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft
and copy the Default Account Pictures folder and then rename it to any name,after this open the original Default Account Pictures folder and delete the picture and the data file which belong to the user and try to change accaunt picture

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/30119-cant-change-account-picture-lock-screens-picture.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just installed the R01 A3 BIOS update from Acer, and now my HDMI port's audio no longer works. Has anyone else had this problem / know of a solution. Also, if anyone else has an X1200 that they haven't updated yet, would they be willing to make a copy of their BIOS using WinFlash and send it to me so I can downgrade? Acer insists the only way to fix my computer is to mail it to Texas, which I would like to avoid if at all possible.

A:Acer X1200 BIOS update - Broken HDMI Audio

Are there any yellow or red flags in the Device Manager?

I would mail the computer. I think Acer knows somethings about this model that you do not, and they are not going to tell, for risk it will get into the media.
Let them fix it right, rather than void your warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-x1200-bios-update-broken-hdmi-audio.109876/
Relevancy 52.89%

I just installed a new laptop screen on my dell XPS Running Windows Vista The screen works just great when the dell logo and quot windows starting quot flash screen but once it goes to the login screen for Windows and once I log in I have a weird purple pink hue and it s very distorted It s almost like the video card isn t registering the new screen right or something This is the first time I have evern installed a laptop screen so I followed the instructions screen screen when loads, windows distorted installation after for installation very carefully I m not sure what I did wrong Does anyone know what this could be Thanks V FOLLOW UP I contact the screen company and it was a very obvious fix I can t believe I didnt think of updating the video drivers I distorted screen when windows loads, after screen installation went into windows in the safe mode and downloaded the updated drivers rebooted and all was well I can distorted screen when windows loads, after screen installation t believe I overlooked that nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distorted-screen-when-windows-loads-after-screen-installation.1036918/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all,

I have another question for you. I don't know if I've posted this in the right forum or not.

Yesterday I noticed something weird going on with my monitor. Usually, the page I have open stretches from side to side with no problem. Now, it will just start to stretch out or shrink away from the edges of the screen for no reason. Also, when it's stretched out, I can't read what's written at the very edges. Annoying.

I checked the display setting and it's still at my usual 1024x768 pixels. Nothing has changed. I've done nothing new to the computer.

Could it be the Windows 98 doing something funky? Is my monitor going bad? Has anyone experienced this?

I will appreciate any input. Thanks!

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all!

I just hit a serious problem with regards to my laptop's monitor every time I access Word. The screen becomes distorted and then it goes completely black and the system either freezes or it automatically restarts!

I suspect it has to do with my Mobility Radeon 9000 graphics card, but, is there anyone who know how to fix this problem?

Cheers!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/distorted-screen.18288/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop for 3 years but about 5 months ago, my laptop's screen started to oddly distort. I move my screen a little and it goes away but the distortion comes back like 5 seconds later and this repeats countless times. Is there a solution to this problem? Here is a picture:

http://s785.photobucket.com/albums/yy136/byronhsi/?action=view&current=Photo0056.jpg

A:Help! Distorted screen!

connect a monitor to the video port of the lap top as a test

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-distorted-screen.860603/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi im gettting a distorted screen whenever i play games sometimes not distorted screen but a black screen then after a couple of seconds a pop up message would appear saying screen Im a even Distorted getting at boot.. quot ati radeon family stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot then i could continue playing again Im getting a Distorted screen even at boot.. or sometimes the game would crash and i have to start all over again As times goes by the situation gets more worse im getting distorted screen even when just surfing the net typing in Microsoft word then i would just have to reboot then everything would be ok again Now i cannot even get into windows desktop When i reboot even at boot up start the screen is already distorted and it gets worse until my computer will automatically reboot by itself before it can even reach windows desktop Im using a card HD ddr mbit and a generic power supply with watts i was thinking it might be the video card and so i removed it and connect the monitor on the onboard card Everything works well im no longer having distorted image problems but i can no longer run application which requires heavy video requiremnt It lasted a week until i started to get a distorted image too So i was confused my monitor is already connected on my onboard graphic card and after a week of usage im geting the same problem when i had my monitor connected on my card Any help or suggestion would be realy appreciated thanks alot

A:Im getting a Distorted screen even at boot..

Be sure that all drivers are updated - video, webcam, tvtuner, etc... anything related to video.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/im-getting-a-distorted-screen-even-at-boot-458361.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I ve run into a strange problem I installed a new hard drive for someone into a Celeron system The old hard drive was GB the new one is GB I slaved the Distorted Boot screen old one set Distorted Boot screen the new one as master and did a fresh install of Windows onto the new hard drive Everything went fine then later when the computer was turned on it ran through the POST okay but when you reached the screen with what I ll call the quot chart quot I don t know if there is an official name for it that Distorted Boot screen lists the system configuration it shows up in these huge letters Everything is broken up on the screen and the system stops dead there If you restart the system it restarts normally and goes into Windows Initially I disabled SMART and that seemed to fix the problem although a bunch of others cropped up Once I got everything else fixed this started again Virus Scans revealed nothing Could there be something funny in the BIOS nbsp

A:Distorted Boot screen

The screen you are talking about is the POST Diagnostics screen. It list IRQs processor speed, etc. This screen shows just before it turns over command to the operating system. The system sounds relatively new and the BIOS "should" be able to handle the 15GB drive. Check these few things though. What thype of drive is the 15GB? (ATA/66 or 100?) I know that the 6GB is more than likely Standard EIDE. The 15GB maybe interfering with it. Disconnect the 6GB and see if it does the same thing. If it does then check the mainboard vendor and see if it can handle the large drive. If so, then try a BIOS update and that should do it.. Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distorted-boot-screen.35391/
Relevancy 50.74%

Not sure if this is a monitor problem - or a display / video card issue, so apologies if this should be posted elsewhere.

I am using Adobe Indesign CS2 and the grid squares are just not in proportion, ie they're not perfect squares. The vertical length is longer than the horizontal width.

I have no idea where (or how) to make any adjustments.

Any help would be very much appreciated - Thanks!

Dell Dimension 5000, 3 Gb RAM
GE Force 6800
Dell 1704FPT Ultra Sharp 17in monitor, set at 1280 x 1024
Windows XP Professional SP3
Adobe InDesign CS2

A:Screen Image Distorted

I think the first thing to check is your screen resolution.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...isplay_change_screen_resolution.mspx?mfr=true

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-image-distorted.1057796/
Relevancy 50.74%

Suddenly my screen resolution, which is always set at 800 x 600, is too big for my screen. I've tried to reset it at different resolutions and then return to 800 x 600 but the screen image is still too big. Help!

A:800 x 600 screen resolution distorted

800 x 600? Really? Are you using a netbook or something? 800 x 600 displays are few and far between these days.
Also, by too big, do you mean objects on the screen are too big, or that there are some parts that go beyond the boundary of the screen?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/800-x-600-screen-resolution-distorted-488348.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My windows xp machine suddenly started having a fuzzy and distorted screen that sometimes becomes good.
This happens even with a remote desktop connection.
Thanks

A:Screen became fuzzy and distorted

Try using another monitor and see whether you are getting the distorted output even on the other monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-became-fuzzy-and-distorted.962936/
Relevancy 50.74%

Two days ago I woke up and my computer screen picture is distorted. It is primarily the print that has been effected, the larger the item, the less the distortion interferes. The print is very difficult to read. I am guessing some sort of virus, but am unsure of what to do. We have been running scans, but that has not worked. Thanks so much for any light you may be able to shed!!! Kim

A:Distorted Computer Screen

Look in device manager and see if your Display adapter has any yellow marks. You may need to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distorted-computer-screen.890011/
Relevancy 50.74%

on my notebook i have problems with my screen. 3/4 of the screen is distorted and works on a external monitor, ive switched the memory, i have a compaq presario v2414nr notebook running on XP, ive also put the bios on default, it must be a problem with the lcd screen but i want to fix the problem what i need to know is what to do to fix the problem. or how to switch a lcd screen. what ever the problem is. and i havnt had any driver or hardware changes. and also i think my dog jumped on the screen witch mite be the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distorted-screen-on-notebook.497909/
Relevancy 50.74%

okay, just a few days ago my computer started a problem that it had about a year ago. My computer would freeze up, swiggly vertical lines would appear, and bsod saying the problems was something starting with nvm. I immediately recognized it as a problem with my graphic card and downloaded the latest driver. It didn't work. I tried system restore and repeatedly downloading and uninstalling drivers but still have the same problems, this usually happens after the computer comes out of stand by. Last year, it went away the next day but this problem now is going on for about 3 days. I'm also going to provide a picture of my screen.

My specs:
windows 7 business 64 bit
intel quad core 2.4 ghz
nvidia 8800GT
4 gb ram

Thanks for help in advance!!!

A:BSOD distorted screen HELP!

That kind of distortion is typically a sign of a dead video card.
If you've had a bsod please click on yoda at the bottom of my post for bsod posting instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/145077-bsod-distorted-screen-help.html
Relevancy 50.74%

What cause the screen resolution to be distorted?

It is not the monitor. When the monitor is connected to another system it is displaying perfectly.

A:Screen Resolution Distorted

Adjust your screen resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-resolution-distorted.198374/
Relevancy 50.74%

The screen image on my desktop is suddenly distorted (zoomed-in approx. 2x and aspect ratio is wrong).
I've tweaked all the screen image options I know of on both the computer and monitor, without any luck.
Its a Dell Inspiron 530s (running Windows Vista) with an LG Flatron 22 in. Monitor.

Does anyone know what happened and how to return image to normal?
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distorted-screen-image.1158998/
Relevancy 50.31%

well i loaded windows as u can see why i am here cause i have a prob now i never had this when i was on xp im thinking its cause of driver or just the crap onboard video but who knows on some images that have a gradients or alot of color wit a gradient in it show as in the image color - to post screen distorted not where sure below i would of done a screenshot but not sure if u guys would see it so i took it with camera its not clear but what u see in the image below is how it looks on my pc i have the intel r g gv gl express chipset family onboard crap so can someone tell me if its cause of driver or something with in windows cause like i said on xp i didnt have this prob and now i do and i dont have the money to get a video card System Model D GAV

A:not sure where to post - distorted screen color

Quote: Originally Posted by sch88

well i loaded windows 7 as u can see why i am here cause i have a prob now i never had this when i was on xp im thinking its cause of driver or just the crap onboard video but who knows..

on some images that have a gradients or alot of color wit a gradient in it show as in the image below i would of done a screenshot but not sure if u guys would see it so i took it with camera its not clear but what u see in the image below is how it looks on my pc
i have the intel(r) 82915g/gv/910gl express chipset family onboard crap so can someone tell me if its cause of driver or something with in windows 7 cause like i said on xp i didnt have this prob and now i do and i dont have the money to get a video card

System Model D915GAV

hi and welcome to sevenforums

it does look like a driver and you can look for it here Intel? Desktop Board D915GAV - Intel? Desktop Board D915GAV support

thanks and let us know if you need hellp

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/25948-not-sure-where-post-distorted-screen-color.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, any and all help much appreciated. I have had my IdeaPad 100s for two months and yesterday, after taking a break from using it, I went back and the screen was suddently white and looks distorted. No matter what I do (reset, reboot, try and start in Safe Mode, etc.) the screen remains the same.  When I use the reset button, the screen flickers and looks distorted then goes back to white with this black line. I havne't damaged or dropped the laptop at all, it's very new. Please see attached photo of screen. I'm very disappointed

20160821_200007.jpg ?3134 KB

A:Please help - Screen suddenly distorted/white/ fla...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately from looking at your photo, it looks like the LCD screen is cracked and will have to be replaced.    Luckily they are not too expensive (about $39.00 USD), can be fairly easily sourced, and are not too hard to replace.   The site below sells the screens, and has videos showing how to replace the screens for most models. https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/series/IBM-Lenovo/IDEAPAD/ Take Care,    

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Please-help-Screen-suddenly-distorted-white-flashing-new-laptop/td-p/3399531
Relevancy 50.31%

s  Even turning it off (even removing the battery while it is on) brings it back to this screen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Computer-stuck-on-distorted-screen/td-p/5733405
Relevancy 50.31%

How do i fix a laptop LCD screen with distorted colors like the screen has a mix of red dots on desktop, it happens randomly last time now its persistent.

A:LCD laptop screen has distorted colors

You likely can't, at least not easily. Probably one of three things. The cable from the motherboard to the display is wearing out and has a broken wire(s). The display is failing and needs to be replaced. Or the video card/motherboard has a fault and needs to be replaced. I suppose it could also be a video driver problem but it sounds more like a hardware fault to me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/263970-lcd-laptop-screen-has-distorted-colors.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently made the mistake of attempting to update my video drivers and unintentionally uninstalling a lot of other drivers. I have a Nvidia GeForce 6600 video card and was unaware that my video drivers on my motherboard were also Nvidia so to uninstall I just went through the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and removed "Nvidia Drivers." I thought I had fixed everything and reinstalled all the drivers needed, but now when I boot my BIOS screen as well as my Windows screen on initial boot is distorted and doesn't fit the screen. I know it's nothing severe and my computer is running perfectly fine, but I'm just wondering what the problem is that could be causing this. I run Windows XP.

A:BIOS and Windows Screen Distorted

Drivers won't affect the boot screen... Drivers don't load until windows is loaded. I wouldn't worry about it. Did you update your BIOS also?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-and-windows-screen-distorted.507280/
Relevancy 50.31%

hey guys! had a problem with some nasty virus and decided to just re-install windows as i wasnt going to be losing any data. everything went fine aside from my screen looking like it is stretched vertically! i installed the latest drivers for my hd 5450 from amd's website and have my monitor (sanyo lcd 32'' tv) set to its recommended setting of 1280 x 720. desktop icons, images in chrome, and video all look stretched vertically. checked a couple other forums with no luck, so i thought i would give this a go! thanks in advance!

A:distorted screen after re-installation of windows

here is an example of what is going on. the boxes on the screen should be square, not rectangle shaped. imgur: the simple image sharer. i tried switching to my onboard graphics to see if that made a difference, and i had the same issue. everything on my screen also appears to be "larger" than it was before i re-installed the os and display drivers? do i have a monitor issue? could my hdmi cable be bad? what is going on here! it is driving me nuts!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/336860-distorted-screen-after-re-installation-windows.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, any and all help much appreciated.

I have had my IdeaPad 100s for two months and yesterday, after taking a break from using it, I went back and the screen was suddently white and looks distorted. No matter what I do (reset, reboot, try and start in Safe Mode, etc.) the screen remains the same. 

When I use the reset button, the screen flickers and looks distorted then goes back to white with this black line.

I havne't damaged or dropped the laptop at all, it's very new. Please see attached photo of screen. I'm very disappointed

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

20160821_200007.jpg ?3134 KB

A:100s - Please help - Screen suddenly distorted/whi...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately from looking at your photo, it looks like the LCD screen is cracked and will have to be replaced.    Luckily they are not too expensive (about $39.00 USD), can be fairly easily sourced, and are not too hard to replace.   The site below sells the screens, and has videos showing how to replace the screens for most models. https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/series/IBM-Lenovo/IDEAPAD/ Take Care,    

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/100s-Please-help-Screen-suddenly-distorted-white-flashing-new/td-p/3399531
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there.

As I enter a program from my windows desktop, which is a game, my screen suddenly distorted from just-fit size to concaved shape,which is like an "obese" screen,and return to normal as I exit the game.

Is it due to the incompatibility of my graphic card and the requirement of the game? Or anything else?

I need help, thanks in advanced.

A:Screen distorted as I enter a program?

I think it may be due to some compatabilty issues.which is the game and which graphics card u hav?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-distorted-as-i-enter-a-program-286071.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi -
I was looking at a topic a few mins ago and got this screen shot ?? Any ideas ??
Might just be a temp forum glitch ??

Relevancy 50.31%

Here s someone else s problem that seems to correlate to mine hi all Any advice would be greatly appriciated because i really don t know what to do PROBLEM Problem occurs from when Vista out range loading, Distorted when then hz of screen starts loading when i boot Blue rows of dots appear over the whole screen - secs later everything seems to freeze up I was able to run in safemode without blue lines or other probs until I was dumb enough to attempt a system-restore Now I can t even run safemode Still Distorted screen when loading, then hz out of range no blue lines but I just get a black screen visible mouse pointer instead of log in window When trying to boot with Vista dvd blue lines still appear but Windows keeps loading until monitor checks out All i get is a blank screen with monitor message quot out of range quot - Fans seem to work properly and not a lot of dust inside pc - Scanned for virus etc in safemode without luck - haven t run a lot of games or stuff that would make you think overheating could be a problem - yr old pc first real problem i ve had with it thoughts on how to cancel reverse the system-restore to get safemode working again would also be of great help SPECS ESC Elitegroup AMD GM-M AMD G SB AMD X GHz Socket AMD x MB GB Transcend Jetram DDR MHz DIMM PointOfView GeForce GT MB HDCP TV Viste Home Prem Bit So the only difference here is my specs which I d happily show if I could get my computer past the windows loading screen AMD quad core gt Once it switches to the logon my monitor tells me I m out of range I crashed several times and was able to log back in for short bursts the trigger for each crash was either a game or a video file Says during crash unable to reset display driver and proceeds to dump Same issue with system restore all that did was make the logon screen unattainable nbsp

A:Distorted screen when loading, then hz out of range

hi try taking out your graphics card and then try booting with on board graphics

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distorted-screen-when-loading-then-hz-out-of-range.830631/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello guys I need help with my monitor I have this problem for about more than a month and wasn t able to use my computer properly since the problem appeared I bought my computer for about years ago I think it s quite old and I m not sure | Windows screen XP on Distorted Display if it s because of its age or what but I m hoping that it can still be fixed Anyway this is my problem Every time I turn on my computer at first it will start normally and works properly but after - minutes my screen will just start distorting it s colors See the attachment files for my screenshot and a Windows XP | Distorted Display on screen video http postimg org image i vob nhx http postimg org image mykrvkwfp I tried some ways to troubleshoot the problem At first I thought my video card might be the one that causes the problem so I tried removing my video card from the CPU then turn on my computer but still after a couple of minutes Windows XP | Distorted Display on screen same problem persist Which also convinced me that there s no problem with my CPU and it s only in my Monitor the next thing I tried was interchanging Windows XP | Distorted Display on screen the plugs in my AVR Plugging it with the cable s voltage capability slots of course then turn on the computer but still same problem So I put it back to it s original position again Yesterday I bring my CPU and the Monitor With it s power cable and RGB connector to consult it with a computer expert in a shop near in our home This morning the technician called me and told me that there s nothing wrong with the CPU but instead it s just the monitor causing problems They told me that they will not be able to fix it this week because the technician for the monitor was will not be around for the week I can t wait for that long so I managed to picked it up and consult the monitor with another electronic repair shop They tried my monitor plugged it in their CCTV monitor to see what s wrong they test it and everything seems fine we waited for minutes and still everything is fine And this made me decide to go home again and tried it on my computer again but still my problem was not fixed Now I ve got no Idea what s wrong with it it maybe my monitor cables or just the monitor but I m still not sure I want it to be fixed it even if my unit is old I still got no budget to buy another one set of computer and just hoping for repairs as possible I came here on your website hoping someone might help me Computer specs http postimg org image hboey tx video card http postimg org image vxsa v Thank you in advance guys nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I just bought a new computer a week ago, but sometimes when I turn it on, the screen is distorted as shown in the attached files. I am able to use the mouse and keyboard, but the screen is not displaying well.

The monitor and display adapter drivers are updated.

Here are the specs:
OS Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
System type: 64-bit OS
Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Motherboard Model: ASUS CM6850
Motherboard Chipset: Intel H67 (Cougar Point) [B3]
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: nVIDIA GeForce GT 520 (GF119) [AsusTek]
Video Chipset and Memory: nVIDIA GeForce GT 520 (GF119), 2048 MBytes of DDR3 SDRAM
BIOS Manufacturer: American Megatrends

Monitor Name: LG W2053 (Analog)
(Monitor bought separately a year ago)

I would appreciate any help with the problem.

A:Distorted screen on occasional startup

I have to learn to read the entire post clearly!!!

Could be the monitor or the new computer, hard to say which.

Do you have another monitor you can connect and use for awhile? If it fails then the computer is defective and needs to be replaced. If not then the monitor is the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232067-distorted-screen-occasional-startup.html
Relevancy 50.31%

The other day I decided to try Linux on my Dell Inspiron. So I installed Ubuntu on my PC. I had all kinds of issues. So...I went back to windows. It was originally windows Vista Home Basic..and that's what I tried to install. I also tried to install windows 7, Vista premium, professional...everytime I try to install any version of windows it starts to install..then my computer restarts and goes to the last step.. 'completing windows installation' then my screen flickers to black and then a distorted screen comes on...I wait for awhile and nothing. I cannot reinstall windows and I have no idea what to do. When I manually restart my computer it starts to boot up normally..no distortion and tells me windows didn't fully install. What can I do?

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I have re nstalled Windows XP on my computer and everything was working fine But soon after that the screen started to distort Unfortunately I can't post my specs here because the screen is not working properly Here's what happens right after I turn on the computer the POST beep is just one beep so hardware should Screen [SOLVED] from distorted the start be fine http www rinkels nl fotos screen jpg [SOLVED] Screen distorted from the start http www rinkels nl fotos screen jpg Even when [SOLVED] Screen distorted from the start I enter BIOS before Windows even loads any drivers the distortion shows Then I get two options Start windows normal and Start Windows safe mode I can't actually read it but I'm pretty sure this is what happens When I boot Windows normal my screen says 'Entering sleep mode' and then 'No input signal' Then the screen goes black When I boot Windows safe mode the distortion still shows but I can make it to the desktop I have tested the monitor on a different computer and there the screen was perfectly fine So the monitor isn't broken Any ideas on how to solve this problem

A:[SOLVED] Screen distorted from the start

Welcome to TSF....

It is either a problem with the monitor = try another monitor, or a problem with the video display adapter, some where you are loosing part of the signal that processes trace information. I would evey try removing all of the display adapters thru safe mode and reboot normally and let windows re-install the drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-screen-distorted-from-the-start-304633.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My husband and I bought 2 older gateway MX8734 Laptops for our children. I was wondering if they were okay because when you first turn them on, the screen picture is distorted and flickers for about 6 seconds before it goes clear.

For example: The desk top picture of my husband and son is blurred / distorted at first, and then after a bit, it clears up and is fine.

Vista 32 bit OS

A:Screen Distorted / quick flickering at start up

My husband and I bought 2 older gateway MX8734 Laptops for our children.

when you first turn them on, the screen picture is distorted and flickers for about 6 seconds before it goes clear.Click to expand...

Here is the support site for the Gateway MX8734 laptop.

It appears to have Intel GMA 950 graphics, but we need to confirm the exact graphics device in those laptops.

I'm guessing they have a Mobile Intel 940GML/943GML/945GM/945GMS/945GT express chipset graphics device, but you can confirm that by expanding the "Display Adapters" heading in the Device Manager and seeing what's listed there.

The most current Windows Vista 32-bit driver (7.14.10.1504) for that graphics device is here.

If they have an older driver version, updating the driver may help.

--------------------------------------------------------

Do the following in one or both of them:

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) to the desktop.

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about your computer will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-distorted-quick-flickering-at-start-up.1148837/
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings all I recently upgraded my system with an i k a G Assassin motherboard and corsair quad channel memory system specs below After conducting a secure erase of my SSD and HDD using Diskpart I attempted to install Windows on the SSD The installation goes smoothly until the system restarts and resumes with quot please wait while windows checks your computer's performance quot From that point on until the system screen distorted Windows 7 Strange, setup during is restarted the display is distorted oddly colored and the mouse pointer leaves a trail of colors and square shapes I can tell that the setup is at the username and password screen but because of the distorted colors and shapes it is difficult to decipher If I restart the system at this point it resumes with the username entry step of the setup and the screen is completely Strange, distorted screen during Windows 7 setup normal The first time this happened I though it was strange but continued on with updating Windows and setting up my PC However after the WEI experience index test failed several times and the system crashed with several BSODs mainly a and e I decided something must be wrong I have been attempting to isolate the problem initially thinking it must be the memory but since the processor motherboard and memory are new I am having a difficult time Has anyone heard of or experienced this issue I have replicated the problem four times on different hard drives SSD and HDD and have even swapped video cards Nothing seems to work System specs CPU i k CPU Cooler NH-D MB G Assassin Memory Corsair Vengeance LP gb quad channel mhz SSD OCZ Vertex III gb HDD WD Caviar Black TB Video x MSI GTX Lightning SLI PSU Corsair AX Thanks in advance for the support Jim

A:Strange, distorted screen during Windows 7 setup

dl Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool to test your memory. It's going to take a while. But when you finally get an error, you probably going to have to test each stick by itself. Newegg does ship DOA products.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/202058-strange-distorted-screen-during-windows-7-setup.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with windows 7 installed
The problem is that the screen gets distorted and system hangs when i start my laptop normally.Sometimes the screen gets distorted while starting windows and sometimes after start up.But when i start in safe mode the system works fine.
Can anyone help me with this issue?

A:Distorted screen while starting in normal mode

anybody knows abt this issue?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/distorted-screen-while-starting-in-normal-mode-665607.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I would really appreciate some assistance with this this one really has me screen. + Distorted keeps restarting Comp blue stomped because it could be so many different things My comp is new few weeks old Quad core Q GB RAM Saphire radeon x Graphics card My PC seems to die at random times with either straight reboot or blue screen with distortions on it and im pretty sure there was a constant beep my PSU is a w im not sure of the make though Voltages are from sensorview VCoreA V VcoreB V V V V V V VSB Comp keeps restarting + Distorted blue screen. V BAT V I don t understand what these valtages mean but it seems MAYBE the PSU may be struggling Another thing which is pretty strange is internal temp reading on speed fan of C though all the other tempretures seem fine All have a down arrow and all below C I have turned off automatic restart though at about the exact moment of my last restart im getting a TCPIP error in event viewer which is also found all the way down my event viewer in system errors the error reads IP could not open the registry key for adapter TCPIP Parameters Adapters NDISWANIP Interfaces on this adapter will not be initialized I don t think it would be this but I dont want to overlook anything One more thing I somehow managed it really did get stolen from another realm to lose my mobo driver disc I have gone through ASUS my mobo website and found the drivers and everything in device manager is ok apart from something in quot other devices quot which I cannot update I would be really really greatful for any assistance Thanks Tommy nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I sound distorted blue serious error crashes - screen have recently had my Toshiba Satellite upgraded to MB Ram It runs XP SP Ghz processor Audio is Realtek AC audio All was fine I installed Steam to play some TF and have blue screen serious error crashes - distorted sound experienced a few crashes where the screen goes entirely blue and blue screen serious error crashes - distorted sound the whole computer restarts After each crash windows reported it had recovered from a serious error blue screen serious error crashes - distorted sound but I could detect no problems I thought the crashes were just from my poor laptop connecting to the internet for gaming and struggling to manage it This time I turned it on and the sound is distorted iTunes plays perfectly fine However the sound on starting up windows the sounds when one navigates My Computer or Control Panel and all sound run through the internet youtube last fm and games tf is scratchy and barely audible I've tried using device manager to check if one of my audio devices is clashing with something or showing an error Realtek is fine I have tried updating it and the audio codecs and I am told they don't need updating I've tried windows sound troubleshooter but it gives me no further options I've searched here and cannot see an option beyond uninstalling Realtek and restarting my computer I worry that if I do that Realtek will not reinstall automatically on rebooting I do not have a disk for installing everything - that disappeared long ago Please help - let me know what information I have failed to provide Thank you Frank

A:blue screen serious error crashes - distorted sound

Hi buddy, try something for me so we can see if this is a program cuasing this problem. That's what I'm thinking at this point. I want you to do a clean boot and see if that fixes the problem. Now I need you to follow the instructions at this link to the letter. Don't mess with anything else in your startup except for what the instructions tell you to. We don't want to make the problem worse ok? Please read the entire document before proceeding.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

After you boot back up you will get a pop up stating that you are using select start up just check don't show this message again and click ok. Then run your game, check your sound, Ect. and let me know what happens and we can proceed from there.
I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the quick tools option located at the top of this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-serious-error-crashes-distorted-sound-508156.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Everyone This is my first post My issue is a distorted screen view with certain programs in Windows XP Writer) applications Live in (very certain screen view in Distorted bad This has been happening for years on my computer but until now it Distorted screen view in certain applications (very bad in Live Writer) has been manageable in every case I just installed and tried to use Windows Live Writer and the distortion is so bad - even when it's the only program running - that I can't even Distorted screen view in certain applications (very bad in Live Writer) see any of the drop-down menu items meaning I can't use the program at all I attached one photo to give you an idea of what the screen looks like This is typical of the distortion in other programs as well - usually grey red and or white patches in patterns across certain parts of the screen If I drag the window of the program off the screen and then back it refreshes itself so that the distortion is completely gone Then as soon as I move the cursor around anywhere on the screen it distorts again I've noticed this issue happens in probably - of the programs I run on my computer With the vast majority of programs it's not present at all but when it is present it makes the programs difficult - if not impossible - to use Maybe this is addressed in another thread I wasn't sure how to search for this specific problem either in Google or in this forum Please point me to the relevant thread if there is one Otherwise can anyone help with this Thanks Ed

A:Distorted screen view in certain applications (very bad in Live Writer)

Check the Video cards Temperature if its to high,
or you can go to safe mode and uninstall the drive and re-install it again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/distorted-screen-view-in-certain-applications-very-bad-in-live-writer-608851.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi

I stupidly left a Dell TFT monitor close to a large power amplifier
Now when I power up the screen looks awful.

Have moved the screen away from amp for over 24 hours now and still the same. Can't find a degausse on the monitor.

Tried other TFT monitor on computer and it works fine.

Any ideas how I can get this monitor back to working order?

Ian

A:Left Monitor By Power Amplifier Now Distorted Screen

You will have to find a way to degauss the monitor, if there is no option in the menu, or button to push, then you may be stuck with buying a new monitor. google the model number and see if there are any instructions on how to do it through the monitor if it is to hard to read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-monitor-by-power-amplifier-now-distorted-screen.603561/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all first and freezes, screen audio distorted BSOD, intensive on use post I read the rules and guidelines hope I didn't miss anything Running a Win Ultimate x GB of RAM ATI Radeon HD video card Recently as of about weeks I've been getting random freezes with distorted screen and audio when running a game that I play mod for BF I've noticed BSOD, freezes, distorted screen and audio on intensive use that this also happens when watching videos online or last night when I was comparing k lines of text in Notepad with a file the same size This has lead me to believe that there is either a RAM issue video card issue or HDD issue I received no clues except for a bluescreen BSOD, freezes, distorted screen and audio on intensive use a few days ago that gave me the message quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot This is the only usable BSOD that I received and I figure it must have something to do with it I ran the SFDT but the catch- is that my pc freezes up when it runs Not immediately but always before it finishes I have added the folder in zip as an attachment I hope it will be of some use since the tool didn't run all the way I tried times Thanks in advance

A:BSOD, freezes, distorted screen and audio on intensive use

It appears that your installation is missing almost ~3 years of updates including critical security/stability Windows updates including SP1. You really can't expect Windows 7 to run without hiccups after so much time without those updates.

I doubt the legitimacy of your installation, could you please confirm that your version of Windows 7 is genuine? Your hosts files also reveal some troubling information about Adobe products installed on your machine.

As per forum rules, we need to confirm that your installation has been legitimately activated before proceeding any further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321006-bsod-freezes-distorted-screen-audio-intensive-use.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When I start XP my PC has a problem drawing the Welcome screen It is distorted - not wavy but blocks of pixels out of place sort of like a Picasso Through this distortion I can see my login and pw field Mode only - Login Welcome Safe Screen XP Distorted runs Can't - in My mouse pointer is visible and moves fine but XP doesn't quot hear quot me typing into the pw form About every seconds the screen goes black for a half-second then redraws itself distorted again Sometimes after the first attempt to draw the welcome screen my PC will go black and reboot itself and then it gets into a rebooting loop I can only get into XP by booting into safe mode Prior to this happening I have made Distorted Welcome Screen - Can't Login - XP only runs in Safe Mode no hardware changes in months This happened to my backup PC months ago but I thought it was a fluke I fixed Distorted Welcome Screen - Can't Login - XP only runs in Safe Mode it by reinstalling XP I'd like to avoid that Distorted Welcome Screen - Can't Login - XP only runs in Safe Mode I am running though a KVM switch but I switched my monitor to come directly from my PC and still have the issue My mobo has no video out but since my card outputs video just fine when i nsafe mode I don't suspect my card Any suggestions would be appreciated - I really want to avoid having to reinstall XP My Specs AMD Athalon Win XP Pro bit GB RAM nVidia GEForce MX MB Let me know if you need anything else Thanks

A:Distorted Welcome Screen - Can't Login - XP only runs in Safe Mode

Try going into safe mode and uninstalling your video card drivers through the device manager, and then reboot and see if you get the same thing. If you can get into Windows normally reinstall your video card drivers, and reboot again and see if it comes back. I would recommend stopping by nvidia.com and checking if there are any newer drivers before reinstalling them.

Also have you installed any programs lately that deal with video or your monitor things like that?
Because they could be starting up with your machine and it could be as simple as turning it off in msconfig.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/distorted-welcome-screen-cant-login-xp-only-runs-in-safe-mode-202686.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there pals!
I have a problem with an Acer Aspire 7520 laptop which gives me distorted colors on the screen. Could it be overheating? I cleaned the fan and the cooler, but to no avail. Could it be the video card? If yes, is it worth fixing or not?
Anticipated thanks.
Cheers.
D.

A:Acer aspire 7520 distorted screen colors

Download, install and run HWMonitor.

http://download.cnet.com/HWMonitor/3000-2094_4-10793486.html

Let us know the temperature of your GPU on idle and on load. If it's close to 90 or higher it's overheating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7520-distorted-screen-colors.927082/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all -- first post Random error BSODs: audio 0X0000001E, Usually screen + distorted so I'll try to be as Random BSODs: Usually error 0X0000001E, distorted screen + audio thorough as possible I've been having fairly random crashes for the past several months and I'm not sure what's to Random BSODs: Usually error 0X0000001E, distorted screen + audio blame The last major hardware change was the addition of a Seagate Barricuda TB to go alongside my WD Caviar Black but that's been without any issues for the whole year or so it's been installed Early on I got actual BSODs but now they're only distorted crashes and reboots I've run chkdsk a few times and memtest for a few hours and both tests reported no errors Usually my screen will distort and the audio will Random BSODs: Usually error 0X0000001E, distorted screen + audio hang and the system will auto restart and typically this happens while playing more intensive games I played Binary Domain for a few hours this evening without issue then switched over to Hawken and my system crashed within minutes I've also had this happen while watching videos and other less-intensive processes but it's more rare Occasionally upon restarting my system will get past post and start to load Windows only to reboot again and finally load Windows I've had this system for almost years and it's been solid up until these past few months I noticed the was running a bit hotter than normal via SpeedFan so I cleaned it out today and dropped the temp about C which is nice but didn't solve the crashes BlueScreenView says my last crashes were KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION x b KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e POOL CORRUPTION IN FILE AREA x de I've attached the SF Diagnostic zip to this post as well I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer I'm at wit's end here I've taken my machine to a tech already and he couldn't pinpoint the problem but he did add some wonderful antivirus programs

A:Random BSODs: Usually error 0X0000001E, distorted screen + audio

The most recent dmp file in your attachment is corrupted and can't be read.....can you upload it again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318141-random-bsods-usually-error-0x0000001e-distorted-screen-audio.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I did a fresh install of windows 7 on my laptop. I then got a DELL engineer from the software team to do a drivers install.
But the screen on full resolution has problems. When I turn on the laptop and log in the screen gets all weird and flickers and shows grey lines and it?s very hard to use.
To resolve this I press the sleep button and then turn it back on.
I have intel 3000 graphics and nvidia graphics driver 332.21

Any help would be much appreciated

A:XPS Laptop screen flickering and distorted nVidia and Intel Drivers

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Your best option would be to go to the Dell Website and Download the Drivers for your Graphics Card ... See if that helps any .. I assume you paid to get this repaired by the DELL engineer .. It should be their job to fix it ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/321602-xps-laptop-screen-flickering-distorted-nvidia-intel-drivers.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I was playing games and everything until the colors on the screen became distorted then suddenly crashed This forced me to physically turn off the pc by pushing the button After that whenever I hop on the pc the screen would become distorted again within minutes following a crash I tried running the pc about four or five times since the first crash and now whenever I try to turn on the pc there are green bars all over the start up menu which soon sends me to a message that informs me that no hard drive is detected I opened the computer up and made sure that every wire is in place I even Hard colored detect Distorted to unable screen and Drive checked the BIOS but saw that no hard drive is listed What do you guys think is the problem Perhaps it s a registry problem and I should reinstall Windows but I m suspecting that my motherboard is failing My Specs Distorted colored screen and unable to detect Hard Drive Windows Ultimate -bit Nvidia gt Intel Duo Core CPU gb ram P S The motherboard I m using is quite old It s an old ASUS motherboard but I forgot what model it is nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I m posting this on behalf of my parents since I m their tech support and I ve finally run out of answers As I ve said in the topic their computer hangs at the splash screen and when it finally boots into windows the start sound as well as all others are incredibly slow and choppy It takes nearly ten minutes for the computer to become useful from a cold boot or a reboot I believe it to be some kind of driver issue though I m not sure as to which one is causing the problem This is what I ve done so far - Placed their hard drive into my hangs splash Computer sounds distorted screen, are at stuttered and system as the master and had windows boot up in around seconds No slowdowns or distortion - Placed my hard drive into their system as the master and had windows boot quickly with no slowdowns or distortion - Placed a stick of my ram into their system to see if it was a ram issue It was not - Swapped my power supply into Computer hangs at splash screen, sounds are stuttered and distorted theirs to see if their psu was failing It was not - Updated all drivers including the on board video realtek audio windows updates and motherboard Since their hard drive works find in my system and my hard drive works fine in their system the only thing I can conclude is that some driver on their system isn t playing nice with a hardware driver There isn t much on their system All they really use it for is internet e mail and office documents They know better than to click random things and download stuff that looks suspicious I ran avast as well as spybot and they came up clean They had this problem before so I was able to back up their stuff for them and format It was fine after the reinstall but it has started doing this again within the past month I would use a restore point but there isn t one before it started acting up so that s not a viable option I ve included a boot log if it will help any Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need any specific hardware information Thank you Service Pack Loaded driver WINDOWS system ntkrnlpa exe Loaded driver WINDOWS system hal dll Loaded driver WINDOWS system KDCOM DLL Loaded driver WINDOWS system BOOTVID dll Loaded driver ACPI sys Loaded driver WINDOWS system DRIVERS WMILIB SYS Loaded driver pci sys Loaded driver isapnp sys Loaded driver pciide sys Loaded driver WINDOWS system DRIVERS PCIIDEX SYS Loaded driver MountMgr sys Loaded driver ftdisk sys Loaded driver dmload sys Loaded driver dmio sys Loaded driver PartMgr sys Loaded driver VolSnap sys Loaded driver atapi sys Loaded driver disk sys Loaded driver WINDOWS system DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS Loaded driver fltMgr sys Loaded driver sr sys Loaded driver KSecDD sys Loaded driver Ntfs sys Loaded driver NDIS sys Loaded driver Mup sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS processr sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS ati mtag sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS usbohci sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS usbehci sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS cdrom sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS redbook sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS imapi sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS HDAudBus sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS Rtnicxp sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS fdc sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS serial sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS serenum sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS parport sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS i prt sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS kbdclass sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS audstub sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS rasl tp sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS ndistapi sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS ndiswan sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS raspppoe sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS raspptp sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS msgpc sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS psched sys Loaded driver SystemRoot syste... Read more

A:Computer hangs at splash screen, sounds are stuttered and distorted

Hi.
Have you tried checking for corrupted files? When your parent's computer boots up (as you said it does, it just takes a bit) go into Command Prompt, and type in the command SFC/scannow, it's not case sensitive. It should then search for any corrupted drivers, files, or registry entries. Your guess is probably quite accurate, but just try this.

Have a nice day!

SteinPooch.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272678/computer-hangs-at-splash-screen-sounds-are-stuttered-and-distorted/
Relevancy 48.59%

First off this is not just another case of quot Help me fix this problem i have been having quot This is not the case I have a problem which cannot be solved with ordinary methods doesn t make any sense to me at least and which i cannot even identify properly So my dear tech gurus im asking for your help Also i have a video of really low quality x but with epic music on youtube I suggest you go and watch it now Watch It Now So after viewing the video you propably know what problems im having but if you didnt watch it here s a list When PC boots normally i get horizontal groups of colored bars over the screen Soon afterwards at the splash screen maybe the PC freezes cannot hear login sounds when type in password keyboard lights inactive - scroll lock etc Cant be turned off with button either When PC boots in safemode i still get those bars but the actual image the PC is supposed to display is partially visible PC can be operated flawlessly but no graphics applications possibly because drivers not loaded When i start it up it usually offers verification. needs Distorted Computer /w issue video drivers. screen/bad the option to run Startup Recovery but when recovery does its diagnostics it shows error called BadDrivers which it cant fix System Recovery also cant fix this If i run Computer issue needs verification. Distorted screen/bad drivers. /w video the PC in safe mode and remove reinstall the drivers to a different version the problem still persists Please note that Repair Install is not an option i lost my windows key i would hate to ask but if there is no other option i might have to use the notorious Master Key lt last no really LAST resort Im almost certain that this issue is caused by the hardware on pc and not defective screen cable Because the screen overlay shows perfectly adjusting colors saturation with buttons on the monitor pc shows an error in diagnostics Checked the Event Viewer but it was too cluttered i couldn t find a thing Im stuck with my years old Dell Latitude D Computer issue needs verification. Distorted screen/bad drivers. /w video and i cannot find another fix on the web or even a similair problem except for ATI cards dying and showing green vertical bars or something I really need your help to identify find a fix for this problem What do you suggest nbsp

A:Computer issue needs verification. Distorted screen/bad drivers. /w video

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-issue-needs-verification-distorted-screen-bad-drivers-w-video.1027347/
Relevancy 48.59%

a few times i've had the following problem put in a plug and play display adapter load the right moniter driver. moniter comes up plug and play moniter no problem! But when I put a older used svga moniter on even if I load that moniter/unown moniter or pulg and play moniter I get distorted unreadable screen. I put the newer moniter back on and set 640x480 thinking this is the problem even knowing that old moniter on a diferent pc was runing 16 mill colors and 800x600.
Still get wavey lines three distorted screens side by side.
Any help please.
regards Alan G

A:display adapter-moniter still shows lines/distorted screen

The monitor refresh rates are different in what they can support. Change the monitor type to SVGA @640x480 256 colors and it should work. What make and model is the newer monitor? And does it support the rrefresh rates and number of colors you are setting it to. No monitor will display more than it is physically capable of displaying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-adapter-moniter-still-shows-lines-distorted-screen.51225/
Relevancy 48.16%

After much messing Manager 07 - Office File - Picture Office Types Microsoft Broken around I have discovered that if you use Windows 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program' to set default programs for file types it breaks the File Types selection within a given program in my case Microsoft Office Picture Manager Microsoft Office Picture Manager - Office 07 - Broken File Types and you are no longer able to use the program itself to set file types only the Windows function You can tick untick file associations all day long within Microsoft Office Picture Manager and nothing gets associated unassociated The File Types option is basically broken I have also noticed this occur with -zip which actually causes a more serious issue By default zip is not listed in the Windows list of 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program' window but is listed if you associate zip with -zip's own file association option BUT if you then subsequently use windows to re-associate zip with Windows Explorer the zip vanishes because by default is is not listed breaks -zips file association options and you can no longer associate zip files with -zip EVER Basically I am curious as to why Windows own file association options would break software's own internal file association options so badly to the point they are essentially useless and if there is a fix I even tried completely reinstalling Microsoft Office and removing all references of it within the registry no luck Its not a big deal but I just found it odd that a fundamental piece of Windows would harm the integrity of software so easily and seemingly irreversibly I have made the assumption that perhaps because Office is fairly old and probably geared up for Vista that perhaps older softer like this just isn't compatible with Windows file association Any thoughts or fixes

A:Microsoft Office Picture Manager - Office 07 - Broken File Types

I don't believe it has anything to do with Office 2007/ Picture manager I use it myself,
I do not use 7-Zip but that seems the likely bug,
Windows handles Zip folders just like any other folder so 7-Zip is something I don't understand why people need or want it but I don't need any or need to make any Zip folders either
If your still having file association issues use this,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/309083-microsoft-office-picture-manager-office-07-broken-file-types.html
Relevancy 48.16%

There is no blue screen at all and there are absolutely no consistencies between the multiple times this has happened The only consistency is that it occurs while I'm playing a game such as after the crashes randomly distorted shows screen game in images PC games, from DayZ iRacing Battlefield ARMA etc It has happened multiple times and every single time the only information offered to me in the Event Viewer is the following C Windows SysWow drivers dhahelper sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver I have been working on computers for a fairly long time but I haven't ever come across an issue quite like this one Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated PC Specs CPU AMD FX- GPU Sapphire Radeon HD OC Edition RAM G Skill Sniper Series MHz x GB Storage GB Sandisk SSD and x GB WD Black rpm in RAID Motherboard ASUS M A X EVO R PSU Corsair TX M

A:PC randomly crashes in games, screen shows distorted images from the game after

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550605/pc-randomly-crashes-in-games-screen-shows-distorted-images-from-the-game-after/
Relevancy 48.16%

I bought a Studio XPS in October I don t know much is Issues screen pixelated/distorted, with XPS shuts Studio down... randomly 9100... about hardware so pardon my lack of knowledge or my post being all over the place nbsp but I m writing on Issues with Studio XPS 9100... screen is pixelated/distorted, randomly shuts down... behalf of my husband We did all of the driver updates since but we didn t modify the system or add Issues with Studio XPS 9100... screen is pixelated/distorted, randomly shuts down... anything new to it This was an awesome gaming computer My husband played lots of graphic-intense games on this computer and it never gave us issues However for a while now each time we open a game or watch YouTube videos parts of the screen gets pixelated Graphics in games get distorted and stretched Sometimes the monitor stops functioning and recovers the monitor is fine though we tested it Did a diagnostic on the graphics card AMD Radeon HD and the test passed However the diagnostic shows that our CPU seems to be overheating it has an intel Core i overheats around C to C We cleaned the inside several times and it didn t change anything We even had issues a few weeks ago where the computer just shut down and kept beeping and wouldn t open anymore We waited a while tried a few more times and it eventually opened again Did a motherboard diagnostic and it passed We have no clue what to look for anymore If I did a video card stress test and it passed with flying color does this mean our graphics card is ok What could this possibly mean Where could the problem possibly be This computer cost me an arm and a leg so I want to avoid needing to just give up on it and go buy a new one and there are no computer shops around to help us Any ideas

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987949
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello recently i ve been having weird video problems and i think my video card may possibly be going bad but i m not entirely sure Sometimes it works perfectly other times i am getting these symptoms some of which happen at the same time An enlarged and or distorted cursor the screen will tear rapidly for a few seconds then go back to normal sometimes i will get a solid color displayed on my screen with a bit darker shade of lines going through it This blue screen can last anywhere from a few seconds to minutes before the computer either unfreezes out of it or it eventually turns to a black screen and the computer shuts down Usually when it unfreezes out of a screen Colored Tearing, 'Blue Screen Cursor, Different Enlarged/Distorted Solved: Screens' like this i get a quot display driver wasn t responding and has Solved: Screen Tearing, Enlarged/Distorted Cursor, Different Colored 'Blue Screens' recovered quot message I have reseated the video card multiple times and have cleaned out all the dust from the computer using Solved: Screen Tearing, Enlarged/Distorted Cursor, Different Colored 'Blue Screens' compressed air--i m not sure if its an over heating issue These problems use to occur only when i played video games but now they also occur when i m just surfing the net and stuff My video cards driver is up to date but oddly enough after i updated the driver and rebooted the computer it worked entirely perfectly until the next day when i turned it on--the problems returned Any ideas Thanks in advance Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P T SE Rev xx Antivirus None nbsp

A:Solved: Screen Tearing, Enlarged/Distorted Cursor, Different Colored 'Blue Screens'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-tearing-enlarged-distorted-cursor-different-colored-blue-screens.1007270/
Relevancy 47.3%

I've been trying to get my games running at full screen on my TV via HDMI, which does work - but I also want to be able to have an internet window, or Skype windows etc open on my laptop screen at the same time, to continue chatting/surfing etc. Whenever I activate full screen mode in-game, the laptop screen just shows my wallpaper, with no option of showing other windows. Is there a way to do this?

Laptop is a HP Pavilion DV6.

A:Laptop screen = desktop, TV through HDMI = full screen game?

this is generic, u'll have to 'tap out' the game to do this anyway, normally takes about 5-15 seconds to go back into full screen,

but the general setup issue with bill your monitor settings, check your display manager nvidia/ati

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/186291-laptop-screen-desktop-tv-through-hdmi-full-screen-game.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I have a Sony Vaio T-series laptop model SVT CXS running windows As of yesterday the touch TV + OK, SCREEN BLACK to (power OK, fan LAPTOP HDMI OK) screen screen is black it doesn't display anything Laptop powers on lights are on fan makes noise etc I was able to plug an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and I am able to use the laptop using my TV screen laptop screen is still black but displays on TV works And the odd twist this is a touch screen laptop so I am able to touch my laptop screen and it makes clicks and moves cursor on my TV for some reason the track pad doesn't work while its on TV LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN (power + fan OK, HDMI to TV OK, touch screen OK) display though Any help would be greatly appreciated If you can give me steps into diagnosing the problem that'd be great I live in a small college town and there is only one computer repair shop and since it's a monopoly he rips people off Charges for a diagnostic if you get it fixed it goes towards the repair if not it's Charged my friend for macbook charger and it wasn't even an genuine Apple product

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588827/laptop-black-screen-power-fan-ok-hdmi-to-tv-ok-touch-screen-ok/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone I have little to no experience with computers. I replaced my broken laptop screen with a new one online. The screen is only working in safe mode. When I plug it in to a television via HDMI it is good to go. I would deeply appreciate any help with this.

Laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCCB25FX
Old screen is LP 156WF1 (TL)(C1)
New screen is LP156WF1 (TL)(C2)
It is up to date with drivers. I have no clue how to fijx this

A:Vaio Screen only works in Safe mode after replacing old broken screen

If the screen in working in the bios and safe mode, then the screen is indeed working.

If you boot into safe mode with networking, can you redownload the display adapter driver?

You could also try Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/333099-vaio-screen-only-works-safe-mode-after-replacing-old-broken-screen.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey i have a acer aspire 3000 and when i turn it on the lights come on but it doesnt have any boot beeps or any picture at all on the screen i was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is or have sugestions to what could be causeing that thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turns-on-great-but-no-boot-beeps-or-any-picture-on-screen-black-screen.100226/
Relevancy 47.3%

i m unable to change my windows 8 appearance as this menu is disable in my windows can anyone please help me as i m new to windows 8 ?

A:unable to customize lock screen, start screen, account picture

If you're using the official release of Windows 8 Enterprise trial, you'll need to activate it. PC Settings doesn't have an entry to Activate, so you'll need to go to the Desktop to do so. The little Action Center icon on the lower right hand side (a little flag) should have a red X. Click on it, and it should say you need to activate. Do so, and you'll get those customizing features unlocked.

Product Key Number - Change in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/9079-unable-customize-lock-screen-start-screen-account-picture.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a mini laptop and its screen is broken and i cant see anything.

I already trying to close the laptop and power it on while closed so i can connect automatically to the monitor but no luck.

The VGA cable is tightened in and works fine.

I have a broken screen for my mini laptop.

I have it connected to a monitor with a VGA cable but it doesnt show anything.

I dont know the password for the mini laptop.

I tried all the FN Keys.

Its a HP Mini 110.

Thank you for your help

Hp Mini 110

A:Broken Screen (External Screen) Unable Connection

Hello Hieya,

So if I understand you correctly, you can plug into the External monitor and everything works fine until you close the laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/342260-broken-screen-external-screen-unable-connection.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

My Laptop,s (HP dv4-t 1600) running on Windows 7 64bit screen is broken. Doesn't display anything. I connected secondary display/screen, but it doesnt display anything. Doesn't auto detect. What do I do? Please suggest.

Thanks

A:Laptop screen broken - how to boot from secondary screen?

Try pressing fn + f4

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347457-laptop-screen-broken-how-boot-secondary-screen.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have bought this product 3 months ago "HP x360 Convertible 13.3" Touch Screen 2 in 1 Laptop 6th Gen i5-6200U 8GB 1TB" 2 days ago I found its screen was broken, I think it was dropped on the floor inside its contaning bag. It is still function well, but I want to know can I change the screen or not.    Thank you in adavnce 

A:Broken Screen of HP x360 Convertible 13.3" Touch Screen 2 in...

Hi @Mostafashalaby, Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the screen is broken, and you want to change it. Option 1: You can contact HP phone support to arrange a repair. To contact HP phone support: please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region. Option 2: If you want to replace the screen by yourself: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01608578#AbT4 Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Broken-Screen-of-HP-x360-Convertible-13-3-quot-Touch-Screen/td-p/5692562
Relevancy 46.44%

I Screen Laptop Connecting to Broken Screen Alternate used a Samsung NP E A-A UB laptop for over a year through an external monitor ever since the screen broke on it Never had any problems Connecting Broken Laptop Screen to Alternate Screen with it besides that Until one day I not thinking about Connecting Broken Laptop Screen to Alternate Screen it Connecting Broken Laptop Screen to Alternate Screen shut down my PC through holding down the power button because it was being too slow couldn t even shut it down normally But little did I know doing that would make sure I can t use it again as far as I can tell Because I shut it down using the power button I m assuming the screen came up the one either to repair or tell me the pc shut down incorrectly or bios or whatever it is But since my external monitor doesn t turn on until after my pc is signing in it won t turn on Normally it would just kick on automatically when signing in So I m completely blind to what I m doing and can t get my monitor on Literally all I need is a sneak peak at it to get it to turn on all the way but I don t know how I ve tried a few things already that I ve found online but never though to ask about it til now I ve tried doing the little closing and then quickly opening up the laptop screen to fool the pc into turning it on I ve tried manually unplugging my screen in hopes it would use my external as a primary instead I ve pressed the appropriate F key or combination keys to turn it on Possibly other things but I forget it s been a little while All of these with no luck Literally all I may need to do is get past a few button clicks and I ll have a perfectlyish fine laptop to use again but I can t figure it out and spending dollars on another screen seems a bit much when I ve been getting by so fine without it My questions are Does anyone know of any other ways I may be able to get my external monitor to turn on Any way at all to see what I m doing just so I can get past that simple part so I can get using my pc again My external monitor uses VGA cables Is there any chance an HDMI cable could do more than VGA Any thoughts or advice at all Would be greatly appreciated I ve spent a week trying to fix it it s so frustrating knowing it s possibly just a few clicks away nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay this is a problem that nobody on heard, sometimes Fan and up shakes. is it picture no starts screen CPU but screen; seems to no CPU Fan is heard, but no picture on screen; sometimes it starts up and screen shakes. what s going on Let me just explain a little bit The first thing is that I ll turn on the computer and I hear the fan but nothing will show up on the monitor It s like when a car starts and you hear the engine but the spark doesn t actually spark Okay so I tried to switch the power supply and I ve eliminated that problem Sometimes though it will quot spark quot and a picture will come up on the screen As it shows the XP loading page about half way through the screen goes bizzare It s like all the pixels scatter everywhere and you can see about nothing I eliminated the monitor problem also by switching my monitor and it works on another computer My brother told me it could be a driver problem with my graphics card but one time I was able to reboot the entire hard-drive and I updated the drivers when I got on one time The thing that happened though was when I had to restart the computer for the drivers to go into affect the screen shaking happened again and everything that happened before kept happening again I just don t know what it could be One thing I can say is that I sent the computer into Gateway for them to check out another problem not related to this issue and they installed a new motherboard same type and everything but just new This problem that I m explaining now started happening right after they sent it back to me funny thing is that my warranty ran out while it was being fixed so whatever condition they sent it back to me in I had to live with it or pay extra My brother thinks it could be the motherboard but I don t want to have to go and buy a new one and find out that isn t the problem If anybody has encountered this problem before I would greatly appreciate any advice or help test I could run on it Thanks a lot for the time This might help it is a video of me SHOWING you the problem with my computer http youtube com watch v aGLJK F vso nbsp

A:CPU Fan is heard, but no picture on screen; sometimes it starts up and screen shakes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-fan-is-heard-but-no-picture-on-screen-sometimes-it-starts-up-and-screen-shakes.590024/
Relevancy 45.58%

My laptop screen has just broken.
I have attached a picture of it.
Will this be a inverter or a screen problem/replacement needed?