Windows Support Forum

Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers

Q: Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers

I have an HP Spectre x laptop that was purchased with Windows approximately months ago For the first several weeks I had no issues connecting to routers Issue Wifi 10 home wireless Windows on the internet using Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers my home wireless router Then something went wrong because now I am having issues connecting to the internet At times I will connect for a few seconds and then get quot No internet quot and other times I cannot connect at all I have restored my machine to factory settings multiple times and removed the McAfee anti-virus software from the laptop I've also removed and reinstalled the latest network driver multiple times When I use the troubleshooting feature it tells me there are missing network components I generated a event log report and the last event that caused a disconnect reads as follows WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully disconnected from a wireless network Reason The network is disconnected by the driver I've tried to connect to the internet using a couple other home wireless routers and get the same negative result Although I am able to connect to the internet successfully using my Verizon Hotspot and through a secure WPA connection I'm running Windows Version My network driver is Intel Dual Band Wireless AC Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32109-windows-10-wifi-issue-home-wireless-routers.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.66%

Need 2 seperate wireless routers, each with its own cable modem, to run in the same house off the same homes internet cable but in different rooms. Is this possible or would they interfer with each other? The first router is already setup and working fine. I simply want to setup my own router from a different room. My PC is running XP and the others are running XP, Windows 7 and Vista.

Relevancy 68.8%

I m trying to replace two wireless routers in a home wireless network set up The network consists of One Belkin router going into a Cable Modem Time Warner In the LAN ports of this router there are two connections that represent data ports upstairs a network Replacing wireless routers home set up on I can t get into the config sheet of this router The second Belkin router is Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up in the lady s study and it is hard-wired to its WAN port I can get into the config page and it is and it has DHCP Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up on although curiously when I wirelessly connect to it and right click the wireless network connection in the properties sheet it shows as access point The third Belkin router is in a bedroom at Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up the opposite end of the house and it wasn t hard wired and I can t get into its config sheet My guess is that it must have been hard wired into the data port on the wall as these routers can not act as wireless repeaters When I swap numbers and out neither of the two new ones can connect to the Internet which makes me think that router is mac address controlled or the cable modem is blocking Internet access I m at the point where I think I am going to have to break everything and start from scratch but I am hesitant without knowing how the existing network was set up as ideally I just want to mimic it but with fresh hardware On the new routers when I connect to the interface I can set up all the security etc but the only thing that is missing is internet connectivity Cyber pint to anyone that can shed any light on what I should do next nbsp

A:Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-routers-on-a-home-wireless-network-set-up.916973/
Relevancy 68.8%

So I built my desktop, installed the RC and was excited to start gaming on it, and everything worked perfectly while I was at home. I have a Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 and the router there was a Linksys WRT54GL. Now I am living with someone else and they have a WRT310N router, and my new setup can hardly load web pages. Speedtest has me at less than 1/12 of what every other computer hooked up to the wirless runs at for download, with upload at about 2/3 performance. The Rosewill USB works fine on my older computer running XP, so I'm left wondering what else could be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Wireless Issue with N routers?

Quote: Originally Posted by Radnortuws

So I built my desktop, installed the RC and was excited to start gaming on it, and everything worked perfectly while I was at home. I have a Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 and the router there was a Linksys WRT54GL. Now I am living with someone else and they have a WRT310N router, and my new setup can hardly load web pages. Speedtest has me at less than 1/12 of what every other computer hooked up to the wirless runs at for download, with upload at about 2/3 performance. The Rosewill USB works fine on my older computer running XP, so I'm left wondering what else could be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

OK Im going to start with the really simple things that im sure you have done. Did you reset back to its default settings. did you reboot the cable modrm and the router. Did you turn off ( or configure) IP-6. Are all pcs on the same homegroup.

Could you tell us a little more abt the configuration.

Thanks in advance

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/15647-wireless-issue-n-routers.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have issues connecting home specific to my issue and wifi Wifi laptop my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house however there are no issues connecting to other routers You would therefore assume that the issue lies with Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi the router at my house However every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house with no issues at all So it seems to be specific to the combination of my laptop and the router at my house I have been having these issues ever since I downloaded Windows I fixed it initially by downloading an old driver for the Wifi on my laptop This fix lasted for about months but since the latest windows update the issue has come back The issue is intermittent wifi where it shows I Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi am connected to the Wifi but then the internet doesn't work It says quot DNS probe cannot be found quot when running troubleshooter and then it resets the wifi on my laptop This can temporalily fix it sometimes for seconds Sometimes for hours But then the issue comes back Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be or how I might fix it Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter it says that I have missing protocols But then this doesn't happen every time I have tried a variety of fixes that I have read up on Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi in forums but none seem to work permantly One thing I haven't tried is a clean install of windows which is something I am very reluctant to do and also have my doubts as to whether it would actually resolve the issue Many thanks Joe

A:Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

It all depends on location, location, location. Some Gateways are just garbage. If you are not getting a strong enough signal, get an Access Point. Also you need to make sure that you are not on a congested channel, which is usually Channels 6 & 11 for 2.4 Ghz units.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44081-wifi-issue-specific-my-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am trying to troubleshoot an internet connection issue with my dell desktop pc running XP connected to a Westell DSL router modem and my fiber ISP enGenious wireless router I am a novice at networking as well Dell Windows XP No Wireless NIC card Connection 2 Issue Internet Between Routers Wireless Windows Firewall Disabled hardwired to Westell DSL wireless router modem obtained when I had Verizon DSL WEP WPA Fiber Wireless Router enGenious mbps N WPS w Firewall I currently have my HP Laptop connected to wireless fiber internet via the enGenious router and have verified the connection I have my Dell desktop in the same room that I would like to connect to the Westell router and access the wireless internet Internet Connection Issue Between 2 Wireless Routers network from the enGenious wireless router but I am having issues doing so I have logged into the Westell router s configuration via http and configured the simple set up with the same SSID and WPS pin from my fiber internet connection on the enGenious router But it is unable to find and connect to the enGenious router The Westell router IP is in a different starting address than the enGenious router IP Do I need to assign a static IP to the Westell router that is within the DHCP address range of the enGenious router Is this a firewall issue I have not configured any settings in the enGenious router as of yet Any help would be greatly appreciate Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I just bought a new router Netgear N WNDR to replace a functioning Linksys WRT ver The idea was to avoid dead zones in the house wifi? "piggy-back" routers home and yard The new wireles N router does not seem "piggy-back" routers home wifi? to make any discernable difference in range surprisingly and dissappointingly paid about I have thought through a bunch of possible re-location scenarios but before I go to running ethernet cables everywhere pain in the I thought I would research the possibility of simply running a single CAT cable from the quot N quot router to a relocated spot for the quot G quot Lynksys that would get around the problem I suspect the issue is a slate-veneered wall in the living room that is between the router s and the TV and laptop sit-down places we like to use in that room We removed a wood-burning stove and decided to leave the slate fire-wall protection cause it looks good Is this idea silly incompatible N G handshake standards etc Or can I use the still perfectly functional Lynksys as described above That is ethernet-connect the G router to the N somewhere the other side of or maybe just nearer to that stone wall with cement backing board this slate wall is about an inch thick plus quot plywood nailed to standard stud-wall with fiberglass insulation I don t think the standard part of the wall construction is much of a problem but the dense concrete-board slate configuration probably is I am hesitant to move the new router because I now have good wifi in my shop out-building in the yard very near the present router location What I ultimately want to do without buying much if any new hardware is to have good internet access inside the house and in nearby outdoor areas small yard and two decks Most of the wanted outdoor areas are covered but this Wall I am of course open to suggestions that do NOT use the older quot G quot Lynksys but prefer some form of wireless connectivity to lots of CAT cabling Thanx in advance My research to this point indicates all sorts of possible communication problems between the routers and or the necessity to re-configure one router to be an quot access point quot but I do not understand all that very well seems ridiculously complicated to this poor half self-educated fool but a walk-through would be appreciated as would a clear quot you can t do that quot downriver as are we all nbsp

A:"piggy-back" routers home wifi?

Here is a link to a post in an old thread that may be of some help:
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/931778-better-client-mode-repeater-ap.html#post7464273

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/piggy-back-routers-home-wifi.999559/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

I got my comcast internet connection this morning; I setup my wireless connection and its connecting fine with my office computer. Unfortunately personal computer (HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC in which Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2 is installed) is not able to connect with the router. I even tried connecting my modem directly - NO Luck. It was connecting for couple of minutes and getting disconnected.

Both my office computer and my iPod are connecting fine with the wireless network but my personal computer is showing Connected (local access only) icon in the system tray. When I mouse over, its showing "Unidentified Network (<network name>"
Is there any way to resolve it?

Thanks in advance
Subeesh

A:Unidentified Network issue when connecting wireless n/w from Windows Vista Home Prem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-issue-when-connecting-wireless-n-w-from-windows-vista-home-prem.1012965/
Relevancy 59.77%

SO just moved back home where I have used my computer before on the same wireless network.

Operating System Windows 10
Intel Core I7 computer
802.11n USB Wireless LAN

Unpacked competer and connected everything up as normal but wifi not connecting or finding my wifi network. Have done the normal switch off router and what etc, but I know that is working fine as I am putting this together on my mac on the same wireless network. Have unchecked power save option and ensured current driver is up to date using ethernet cable on the computer. Only two wireless networks showing up are a Extreme Gigabit and VM190063-2G_EXT

Run Diagnose but nothing - Just says no preferred wireless networks.

I am thinking the USB antenna maybe got damaged or something wrong with LAN card. Or maybe I am being a bit thick and not doing something really basic.

A:Wifi 802.11 USB Wireless LAN card problems after moving home

whats the specific wifi card your using? is this a desktop or a laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-802-11-usb-wireless-lan-card-problems-after-moving-home.1162038/
Relevancy 59.34%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Guys,

I have a PC in the study running Windows 7 Home Premium x86, and in the lounge a Samsung HT C5900 3D 5.1 Home Cinema System.
The PC is connected to the network via 802.11n, and the Cinema System connected directly to the router via an RJ45 cable.
Folder Sharing and Permissions have been set so I can access My Video's folder on my PC via the Cinema System and watch the video's on my TV :)

I have an online subscription with LoveFilm, and also watching YouTube video's on my TV would be cool! Is it possible?

Is there a way I can stream online content to the Cinema System via the PC?
I have herd people have managed to do this using similar equipment, one person via an Xbox. But I have no idea how.

Thanks, Dan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-video-streaming-between-win7-pc-and-wireless-home-cinema-system-612335.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an HP Zbook 14. I have had this laptop for almost a year and never had a problem connecting wireless.
The other day, my laptop froze up and was unresponsive. I rebooted it and noticed immediately a message about a hash mismatch, but the laptop continued to reboot. After coming up, I could no longer connect wireless, even though the light is on. Troubleshooting
efforts keeps saying to enable the wireless switch, which it is on.
I have done numerous tasks, disable then enable, press the wireless button on and off. Currently I am hardwired in and thought if I unplugged the Ethernet cable, it would pick up the wireless but it did not.
Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b520258d-5aa8-437b-af17-c8def4f01e2c/issue-connecting-to-wifi-on-hp-zbook-14-even-though-the-wireless-light-switch-is-on?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a wireless network at home, with a DSL modem connected to a desktop PC, via a Netgear WGT624 router. I have 1 laptop on the network, and it connects fine, but the weird thing is that if I take the laptop outside of my house, and try to use any other wireless network, I can't get it to connect. I don't get the Windows notification of available wireless networks and I can't devise a way to search manually. Also, there's no wireless network connection icon in my network connections tab in the control panel. The laptop is running XP Home with SP2 installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dennis

Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys firstly thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

Recently completed a custom install of Windows 7 64bit version. Have installed all the Windows updates and drivers from HP.

My wireless adapter will connect to my network with static ip address set manually but the 'automatically detect settings' option will not work and I receive the message "Unidentified Network" in the task bar.

Any help will be appreciated.

_______

**SOLUTION**

1. Reset router and apply settings again. (**Remember to write down any user names and passwords used for your ISP**)

2. Use WPA2-PSK security rather than WPA

3. Connect to network using network password

A:Intel Wifi Link 5100 Wireless issue with Win7 install

When I turn on the auto settings I see it comes up with some wacky ip address that isn't even in the range of my network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35680-intel-wifi-link-5100-wireless-issue-win7-install.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have Two systems, one a laptop with wireless capability, and the other a desktop. I have an active cable connection, along with a wireless router. Everything is fine with the internet connection, but in an attempt to share files and the printer between the two, I have had no luck. I ran the home networking wizard on both, both have the same designated workgroup and unique computer names, but I am unable to view the files in which I designate to share,I have confirmed that microsoft file and print share is enabled, and everything else. I can only view the system I am on when I go into network places and view the workgroup computers, I am at my wits end, can you please help me figure this out, Thanks in advance, Andy

A:Home Networking issue with Wireless

Are you using firewalls? Are they configured to allow the local ip's access?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-networking-issue-with-wireless.11288/
Relevancy 56.33%

I ve recently upgraded my internet provider to BT and received a BT Home Hub as the new wireless router Previous to this I was using a wireless Belkin G MIMO ADSL router model number F D - There are places in the house where the wireless signal is very poor Connecting to the internet using either of these routers is difficult in these spots However since the Belkin is now spare I ve been thinking about trying to use it as a low cost repeater i e free to extend the wireless range in the house There are several good articles that I ve found on this a a link routers wireless network between two wireless wireless using Extend site which address the connection of two routers together e g John Will s article on connecting two SOHO routers is a good example but they rely on an ethernet connection between the two routers I m just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to establish a wireless link between the two routers to extend the range of the current wireless network Cheers everyone and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Extend a wireless network using a wireless link between two wireless routers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-a-wireless-network-using-a-wireless-link-between-two-wireless-routers.1074102/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi For the last couple of weeks i've had rubbish speed on my pc when connected to wireless Used to get around Mbps bandwidth but this has decreased to around Mbs I have other machines i have not tampered with on the same network which perform fine around Mbps I tried several 'Speedguide' config wireless one with Issue on on home network pc tweaks including Nagle algorythm tweak but get varying speeds and 'rubberbanding' when playing games online BF Issue with config on one pc on wireless home network and huge lag spikes from around ms up to Specs Win Home Premium Intel i k gh Netgear DG G v BIOS router firmware and all drivers are up to date Please find below my analyser results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xxx xxx Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string b MSS MTU TCP Window multiple of MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS I hope someone can suggest something Cheers

A:Issue with config on one pc on wireless home network

Quote: Originally Posted by nightfrogs

Hi,

For the last couple of weeks, i've had rubbish speed on my pc when connected to wireless. Used to get around 6Mbps bandwidth but this has decreased to around 2Mbs.

I have 2 other machines (i have not tampered with :/) on the same network which perform fine (around 6Mbps).

I tried several 'Speedguide' tweaks (including Nagle algorythm tweak) but get varying speeds and 'rubberbanding' when playing games online (BF3) and huge lag spikes (from around 40ms up to 1000+).

Specs:
Win 7 Home Premium, Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4gh
Netgear DG834G v4
BIOS, router firmware and all drivers are up to date.

Please find below my analyser results:

? SpeedGuide.net TCP Analyzer Results ?
Tested on: 2012.12.21 05:26
IP address: 2.99.xxx.xxx
Client OS/browser: Windows 7 (Chrome 23.0.1271.95)

TCP options string: 020405b401010402
MSS: 1460
MTU: 1500
TCP Window: 64240 (multiple of MSS)
RWIN Scaling: 0 bits
Unscaled RWIN : 64240
Recommended RWINs: 64240, 128480, 256960, 513920, 1027840
BDP limit (200ms): 2570kbps (321KBytes/s)
BDP limit (500ms): 1028kbps (128KBytes/s)
MTU Discovery: ON
TTL: 108
Timestamps: OFF
SACKs: ON
IP ToS: 00000000 (0)

I hope someone can suggest something.

Cheers!

What is the make and model of your router?

What is the signal strength on these machines?

There are settings in your routers set up page that can have a dramatic effect on wireless performance, 6Mbps is terrible.

If you can post a screen shot of the Xirrus WiFi inspector it will help greatly.
Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270100-issue-config-one-pc-wireless-home-network.html
Relevancy 56.33%

The machine runs fine.

The Belkin wireless card functions correctly. Every other computer in the room can see and connect to the network without issue. This one desktop shows as if everything is just fine - however, it wont' 'see' our network. It'll see the Red Roof a quarter mile down the street - but won't see the one based 30 feet away. A computer right next to it sees our network - and the Motel 6 accross the street.

Any ideas as to why it can't see 'our' network?

A:Odd wireless networking issue (WinXP home)

Since "The Belkin wireless card functions correctly" maybe it is a 'b' card and your network and the Motel 6 one are 'g' only networks? Not likely for a motel, though.

Or if there is a possibility that the card is not functioning correctly, look for a driver/utility update. Are you using Windows XP' WZC or the Belkin utility to manage the adapter? Are you sure that the other one is not running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-wireless-networking-issue-winxp-home.516241/
Relevancy 55.47%

Not sure if this will be relevant to my problem but here are my system specs System Information Time of this report Machine name MARK-HP Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC BIOS InsydeH O Version F Processor to Cannot home (recent wireless router issue) connect Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System Cannot connect to home wireless router (recent issue) DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Anyways my laptop Cannot connect to home wireless router (recent issue) is around years old and up to this point I ve never had problems connecting to wireless networks Recently I ve been having a lot of trouble connecting to my home wireless Cannot connect to home wireless router (recent issue) network which had worked fine for around months Initially my computer would not connect or the wireless would cut out and I d have to restart the router and it would work fine Now I normally can t connect to the router at all and when I do it typically stays connected for - minutes sometimes up to an hour and cuts back out I find this strange because my phone connects just fine as well as all my housemate s computers Additionally upon start-up from sleep or hibernation while my laptop used to be automatically connected to wifi networks by the time the computer completely started up like when I m on my school s campus now I have to always connect to a wifi network manually which typically takes at least seconds but I ve still been able to connect on all networks other than my home network I m currently going off my phone hotspot I ve tried updating uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless driver as well as removing and adding the wireless network I ve run a full microsoft security essentials scan in case the problem is virus related but that returned nothing I don t understand how the problem is isolated to my home network when the same network works for all other devices in the house especially considering I can access all other wireless networks I ve tried to connect to Any insight or help would be very appreciated as it s incredibly inconvenient to not be able to access the internet through my home router Thanks nbsp

A:Cannot connect to home wireless router (recent issue)

What router? What encryption? What adapter?

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver--from the laptop manufacturer for integrated adapter; else from the adapter manufacturer for external.

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista and 7 and 8.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt. [For Windows 8: <Windows Logo> + x - Command Prompt(Admin)]

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-home-wireless-router-recent-issue.1119074/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have a Dell Dimension connected through a HG-G -Wire Modem Router and I am getting a fine signal My problems are this We have a nd desktop upstairs Compaq running Windows and a Wii System in the living room room away Solved: Home Wireless Networking Bell Issue from the router There is a connection at the upstairs desktop but Solved: Bell Wireless Home Networking Issue no internet access and the Wii just keeps getting error messages when it tries to connect We bought adapters for both PC s Does anyone have any instruction on how to make this work I am Solved: Bell Wireless Home Networking Issue tired of believing what they tell us because everytime we turn around there is something else we need to buy It is becoming much more of an expensive venture than we anticipated And we have spent way too much time on the phone with quot support quot people who do nothing but take up our time and we are talking hours here and giving us nothing in the way of help or hope Help Please Janeyliz nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

What function does onboard RAM serve on a WiFi router?

A:Why Do WiFi Routers Have RAM?

Homework Time???

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. RAM is needed to run the OS on which the router runs. The router needs to maintain routing tables which are kept in RAM as well as MAC address tables for the built-in switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-wifi-routers-have-ram.794681/
Relevancy 55.04%

My laptop can connect wirelessly to my network but it cannot connect via it s wired NIC Actually skype will still work but outlook mail and browsers do not The Wired fine other. one Wireless is issue: works home, DHCP at not the cat cable is Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine ok I Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine have tested it on another computer The NIC is ok My wired connection works just fine at my other house let s call it Location which Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine has a similar setup So in summary At Location my wireless connection receives an expected DHCP IP Address of At location my wireless AND wired connections both receive expected addresses I don t connect them at the same time At Location here is the problem my wired connection receives a crazy address When I ipconfig release and renew this wired address it doesn t change Any ideas Thanks Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address ------- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d d ed f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August AM Default Gateway fe aff fefb b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address -------- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe xxxxxx Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway fe aff fefb b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled My configuration is Cable modem - gt DIR- router - gt dlink -port gigabit switch then off the -port switch are DAP- wireless access point extender -port dlink gigabit switch Windows pc s XP pc s a bunch of stereo equipment tv xbox etc nbsp

A:Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine

kcrouse96h said:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-------
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c959:894d:d1ed:6f%12(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 116.86.68.15(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.254.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::226:5aff:fefb:5b26%12
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.17.0.48
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00--------
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80xxxxxx(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.30(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::226:5aff:fefb:5b26%11
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : EnabledClick to expand...

Notice that the WiFI IPv4 address and the gateway+dns addresses are all on the same subnet (a requirement :grinthumb )
The Wired Nic is a mess; the IPv4 address is not connected to the same gateway + DNS subnet.

For Win/XP, uninstall IPv6;
For your Win/7 just disable IPv6 and reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-dhcp-issue-works-at-one-home-not-the-other-wireless-is-fine.151171/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all
I have a Linksys WAG54GP2 in my house and a WRT54G in the garage. The two are connected together by a cable. What i want to do is make the wrt extend the wireless network that the wag54 is propogating so that there is only one network. At the moment there are two wireless networks on my property but i only want one.
Any questions/clarifications please ask!
Cheers
Allan

A:2 Routers, 1 Wifi Network

You really cannot connect two routers to each other, unless you have the ability to turn off the routing functionality on one of them to make it work like a simple switch. See if the adnin panel on either of them allows this type of reduced functionality operation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-1-wifi-network.114158/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Linksys connected to a broadband modem. Connected to this router via cable (about 300ft away) is a Nexxt Solution router. This is used for a second wifi network and cable connection to a desktop. The Nexxt Solution pretty much set itself up so the only thing I had to do was to assign a name and password for the WiFi.

My problem is that I can no longer access the Linksys Web Configuration. Both the Routers have IP 192.168.1.1.

How do I configure the Nexxt Router so I can access both configuration?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245645-series-wifi-routers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

is there any way I can use a cisco ea3500 and then use my netgear WGR614 as a wifi extender??

Relevancy 55.04%

Im looking for help on this problem:

I have BT 2WIRE wifi router (downstairs) that is connected to the internet and my laptop and PS3 are too via WEP.

However, i have installed Ubuntu on PS3 and wish to use ethernet as the wifi doesnt work on this version of Ubuntu without messing around with it.

So i have a second wifi router, the BT HomeHub (in my room), currently with no internet.

Basically i want to connect to the internet with the laptop over wifi using the BT 2WIRE, and i want to connect to the internet via ethernet with the PS3 using the HomeHub.

So i just need to wifi the internet to the second router OR i wouldnt mind connecting the PS3 through an ethernet on my laptop.

Please help, i will really appreciate it and will leave feedback, thanks!

A:Wifi internet between 2 routers?

Next time be patient...

This thread has more replies to post here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-internet-between-2-routers.706281/
Relevancy 55.04%

Am a newbie with wi-fi routers and laptops The cable from the wall that I use now will after I purchase a router go firstly to the Cox Cable modem provided by my local cable company Cox then from there a cable will connect to a router then from the router a signal wireless goes to a laptop ready to go with wireless The laptop may now receive the internet Now with my Laptops, WiFi, Routers, trusty new desktop is WiFi, Routers, Laptops, there still a cable from the same modem to my destop computer that enables me to receiver the internet What I am trying to find out is if two computers in the same house one a laptop Toshiba the other my desktop can receive the internet at the same time The second part of WiFi, Routers, Laptops, the question and thanks for WiFi, Routers, Laptops, bearing with me if I make my desktop computer wi fi with a card PCI or USB adapter can both in house computers use the internet at the same time And can both be cabled non-wireless at the same time for same time internet Thanks Ron nbsp

A:WiFi, Routers, Laptops,

Yes. That's what routers do.
Your router will come with a setup program that should make this easy, but let us know if you have problems.

"What I am trying to find out is if two computers in the same house ( one a laptop...Toshiba), ...the other my desktop, can receive the internet at the same time?"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-routers-laptops.923874/
Relevancy 55.04%

If you are OK with going into the router configuration, then there normally is a way of throttling connections to the router. At the very least you can set times that the connections will be active for your children. Also, unless all computers are running at the same time and downloading files, or streaming, you may have a virus on one if not all of the computers that is utilizing your bandwidth. I do not think you can monitor bandwidth from your router, but use the help menu and get familiar with the software for the router it will be handy in the future.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-serious-problem-abt-wifi-routers.669386/
Relevancy 54.61%

This is my firt post in the "Networking" section

Lets say i have a PC and another Hp pavilion portable.And lets say that had a Dell router with me with a DSL and USB cable included.If i Connected the router to my Pc and everything was working fine,would my portable (if i looked) automaticaly detect the wireless router on my PC or would i have to take specific measures to fix it all?

If theres measures to be taken..would someone inform me and please provide a (if possible) walkthorugh through all this?
Thanks for helping!

A:Just a quick but crucial question about wireless connections and wireless routers...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-a-quick-but-crucial-question-about-wireless-connections-and-wireless-routers.490689/
Relevancy 54.61%

Evening everyone I know you ve heard this before but I SOOOOO hope someone can help me Ok here s my setup I ll start really basic since I don t know how much info you need I ve got cable internet coming into a motorola modem then into a motorolo wireless router I have computers running XP hardwired via ethernet cables into the router We ll call these Computers and I also have desktop downstairs with a wireless internet connection running on XP This will be Computer And lastly I have a laptop wirless connection as well running on VISTA aka Computer I have a printer hooked up to Computer which I d like to share with all the other computers So I started off setting up a Home Network I ran the Network Setup Wizard on all of the computers Computers and went smoothly I m computer and Home Networking... issue wireless connecting error vista having trouble with the two wireless comuters though Home Networking... error connecting wireless computer and vista issue When I try to quot View Workgroup Computers quot from I get the following error message Ouaznet is not accessable You may not have permisson to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available End of error message BTW OUAZNET is the workgroup name Now for Computer which is running Vista and also wireless I just cannot even see any other computers on Ouaznet workgroup Any suggestions Keep Home Networking... error connecting wireless computer and vista issue in mind that I m a relative Home Networking... error connecting wireless computer and vista issue beginner at networking and all Thanks in advance for your time J nbsp

A:Home Networking... error connecting wireless computer and vista issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-networking-error-connecting-wireless-computer-and-vista-issue.691008/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, Good day tech guys, i am from the philippines and would like ask how to setup 2 wifi routers at home. I have a Zyxel P-660hn-t1q as primary and my linksys wrh54g or prolink h6300g to be used as secondary wifi router. How can i configure or setup my secondary wifi router to extend the wifi range from the ground floor to the second floor of my house.

Any suggestions will greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for the help

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a DLINK dir-655 and a netgear wireless router both have 4 wired ports and 1 WAN port and wifi capability. The DLINK is the primary router that connects out to the internet through a cable modem. It is on the 192.169.1.X network with wifi turned on. What I want to do is connect the netgear router to the DLINK router and use the wifi on both the netgear and dlink. The end result is I want to have 2 secure wifi networks with the same IP/subnet range. Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-2-routers-together-with-2-wifi-networks.137327/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am researching mobile broadband as an alternative to a landline.(Very long line, struggles to maintain 1MB connection)
The house is in a good 4G coverage area and I see I could get a mobile wifi router that will create a hotspot for devices connect to. So far so good but the house in question has extremely thick walls and a wifi signal cannot escape the room it's in. To get round this I have run cables and put wifi extenders in different rooms.
My question is, can I get a mobile wifi router that I could plug into the existing internal network to use instead of the current landline router?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/advice-mobile-wifi-routers-4600092/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi there I have a problem maybe you all can help with. I have a D-Link DCM-202 Cable Modem. Connected to that is a Belkin Pre-N Router (F5D8230-4). I want to use a Belkin G Plus Router F5D7231-4 as an access point to extend the range of my network so I can sip some ice tea and surf the net from my back yard. So the tek support guy that spoke with such a thick accient that he might as well of been saying "blabby boogy ugga boo" But he said that it's not possible to use the G Plus Router F5D7231-4 as an access point. Is that so? I don't think so. From reading the forums here you all seem pretty able do figure anything out and my problem is just a little out of my leage. Anywho thanks for the help.

Relevancy 54.18%

Im having problems with my home network. I have two routers connected via Ethernet network cable. The secondary router I changed the ip adress and set dhcp to disable the primary router has no setting changed every thing is working fine but the wifi on the primary router. Is there a setting I need to change? Any help would be great guys thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-wifi-two-routers-same-network.1110314/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok here it is i have got wifi routers i want Daisy 3 routers chain wifi to daisy chain Router is main modem router which is connected to pcs and wif routers wired separately both of these wifi routers have there own ip address and dchp turned off so they work fine and Daisy chain 3 wifi routers broadcast wifi nicely now what i want to do is connect another wifi router to one of these routers not the main one but what setting do i need i tried to connect the Daisy chain 3 wifi routers rd wifi router with the same setting as per the other two ie diff ip and dchp off but when i plugged it into the port of the second router it would not Daisy chain 3 wifi routers show as connected or get an internet connection Its probably quite simple to sort out but with me being a dimwit i am tering my air out If i could not use a wifi router for this rd connection is there any other way of putting an extra ports on to my second stage router Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Greetings I have problem with QoS using routers Routers Router Asus RT-N SW Tomato by Shibby Tomato Firmware MIPSR - K 2 over connected WiFi routers, QoS when problem with USB AIO this router is set up as main router with DHCP enabled PPPoE enabled QoS setup Local IP 2 routers, problem with QoS when connected over WiFi netmask gateway modem Router Asus WL- gP V SW DD-WRT DD-WRT v -sp mega - build set up as Wireless Access Point I followed this instruction http www dd-wrt com wiki index php Wireless Access Point - DHCP disabled WAN disabled Local IP netmask gateway Routers are connected with UTP in LAN port on both routers Problem Devices connected to router s WiFi are seen on router s IP Traffic Details under IP this IP belongs to router all other types of connections are working OK router LAN and WiFi and router LAN problem is only with router WiFi On router I have setup DHCP with static leases to all home devices and all of connected devices get correct static IP address no matter how are they connecting router LAN or WiFi and router LAN or WiFi How can I setup router that router will see all devices on their static IP under IP Traffic Details that I will be able to set QoS for each device different Thanks for your help nbsp

A:2 routers, problem with QoS when connected over WiFi

have you checked that there is not a DHCP service for the wireless access point - IF DHCP is turned off on the 2nd router that ALL the IPS should be from router 1

if you have assigned static IPs to all the devices and then they should be controlled by router 1

But you say router 1 DHCP is enabled ?
what range have you assigned

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers-problem-with-qos-when-connected-over-wifi.1084844/
Relevancy 53.75%

I live in a large house that has ethernet ports throughout the house. I need to have two separate wireless routers to insure I have wireless coverage. There will be one upstairs and one downstairs. Is there any advantages or disadvantages in naming both of the wireless networks with the same name?

Thank you for looking.

A:Solved: Naming a wireless network using two wireless routers

I wouldn't use two SOHO wireless routers for this.

The better way is to use APs from companies like Aruba Networks, Ubiquiti, or Meraki. These companies have APs which allow them to operate as one unified wireless network without the expense of purchasing a wireless controller. By doing this, you have the ability to add APs anytime you want which will join the AP cluster and operate as a unified device with the cluster. It allows the ability to have the APs being aware of each other and as a result adjust their output transmissions so they won't be stomping on each other running full blast. It allows you to use one or more SSIDs which all the APs will service and hence more seamless roaming throughout your house; without issues inherent with using independent APs or with SOHO wireless routers configured to use the same SSID. These systems also have the ability to constantly auto select operating channels in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands so your wireless network is always operating at the best efficiency/performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-naming-a-wireless-network-using-two-wireless-routers.1139849/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there Right ADSL, router a DSL other Connecting two wireless the - wireless together One routers I really need some help here - I thought I had done this correctly but clearly not as it Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router still doesn t work Info Basically I got my sister a wireless router and purchased a big antenna for her to take up to Uni as she has rented a house with loads of friends and it s massive with very thick walls Luckily the router and modifications mean she can access it all round the house although she has had to put a long cat cable in to put it on the middle floor When she finally got round to purchasing internet from quot Be quot they sent her a wireless ADSL modem router Here is the problem The router they sent doesn t have the range needed in my sisters house The router I gave her doesn t have an ADSL modem They also don t have a telephone cable going to the middle floor only cat How can I connect the two routers together I know it s possible by turning off DHCP etc from the second router but it doesn Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router t seem to be Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router working More info Router quot A quot is the ADSL modem wireless router they provided Router quot B quot is a Kcorp KLG- - pdf manual can be found here Connection info from a pc connected wirelessley to router quot A quot Physical Address - - F- - F-BD IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Lease Obtained Lease Expires DNS Server WINS Server Click to expand Settings available on router quot B quot LAN and DHCP Server Select Connection Type Any ideas If you look on the manual link page onwards shows you all the settings available Thanks for your time Panda nbsp

A:Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router

You need to get her a wireless Access Point and place it in a central location in the house. Select the DSL modem and configure the Access Point to connect with it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-two-routers-together-one-wireless-adsl-the-other-a-dsl-wireless-router.92410/
Relevancy 53.75%

My internet provider said that it was because the McAffe. I replaced it with Microsoft Forefront Client Protection and I'm still having the same problem. It appears connected to the network but without internet access.
The router works fine (i can connect with other devices) and the computer can also get connected in another wifi networks. What can I do?? Please Help me!
Thanks

A:Cannot get wifi connection with routers that require wpa/wpa2

BTW:
Forefront info: Client Version: 1.5.1993.0
Engine Version: 1.1.8800.0
Antivirus definition: 1.137.596.0
Antispyware definition: 1.137.596.0
Inspiron 14Z 5423

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255389-cannot-get-wifi-connection-routers-require-wpa-wpa2.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey Tech Support Guy Until recently we only had a single wireless router for internet which worked fine downstairs but we grew tired of not having internet on the first floor so my father bought a second wireless router to be placed there acting as switch only thereby expanding the roaming area I found some online guides for the procedure and did everything as told Straight through cable between the routers two random ports NOT WAN Main router - connected to WAN Nothing changed Solved: wire on network via one wifi-routers Two Secondary router New IP main router is Solved: Two wifi-routers on one network via wire xxx xxx xxx and secondary is xxx xxx xxx DHCP disabled I have no problem finding both wi-fi networks but I can only receive an IP through the main network The second keeps trying to address me an IP but with no luck I tried unplugging everything and shutting power off but with no result The routers are two cheap brands that I am almost sure you do not know Zolid Wireless-G main and ExtremeIT Wireless-G secondary The internal software is something called SOHO Router main and some unknown software for the secondary It drives me crazy please see if you can help nbsp

A:Solved: Two wifi-routers on one network via wire

Your problem may be "Straight through cable between the routers."

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-wifi-routers-on-one-network-via-wire.759097/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am trying to connect, with permission, to my neighbor's wifi. I intend to use a Quad-4 transmitting antenna in the focal point of a parabola at his place and an additional quad-4 antenna on a parabola as receive at my house. 14 db gain should cross 1000 feet. My question is: what connections must I use at each site? My computer automatically connects to any available wifi. He will purchase a router, (Any recommendations)? to add another wifi ready laptop in another room in his house. I want to send his router wifi to my house. Will we need routers in each house? Head scratcher?...Easy?
Thanks guys...keep up the good work.

Relevancy 53.75%

I have an Actiontec PK5000 connected to a DSL line. I have Linksys WRT54G connected to the Actiontec. I want the Linksys do the DHCP address assigning because the Linksys (with DD-WRT firmware) had more capabilities than the Actiontec. However, use the DD-WRT features (MAC blocking, etc.) the Linksys must do the address assigning (DHCP).

I can get the Linksys to do the wifi connections but the Actiontec is doing the DHCP. Turning off DHCP on the Actiontec and turning the Linksys DHCP on does not make the Linksys assign the addresses.

How can I configure these two routers to get the Linksys to do the DHCP?

A:How do I make two routers work together on one wifi network?

right ideas but need altered wiring

NOT THIS
Code:
modem----(wan)router#1(lan)----(wan)router#2
USE THIS
Code:
modem----(wan)router#1(lan)----([B]lan[/B])router#2
leave router#2 wan slot empty and set it to disable DHCP.

Router#1 will control all DHCP assignments

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-make-two-routers-work-together-on-one-wifi-network.151322/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently found that "xfinity wifi" is showing up in my available internet access list as an openly available option.
I have comcast xfinity hi speed internet as my internet provider but have never had it show up on the routers available connections list before. The home network I set up years ago has a different name.

I am puzzled why this free open network has suddenly appeared in the list. As it requires no password I think there is a possibility its use might present a security risk
Is this a new Xfinity feature??

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64370-xfinity-wifi-showing-up-my-routers-available-internet-connections.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to connect two wireless routers in order to extend the range of my wifi signal. Preferably they would be connected wirelessly.

The models are the Virgin Superhub (VMDG480) - which has the internet access - and the Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR614 v9 - which is intended for use as a repeater.

Firstly, is this possible, given that the Netgear model doesn't support client mode or bridging?

Secondly, if this is possible could anyone help me configure these routers? I know about having them on seperate channels and different IP addresses but that is about all I know.

Cheers

A:Solved: Is it possible to connect these two routers to increase wifi range?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-it-possible-to-connect-these-two-routers-to-increase-wifi-range.1055312/
Relevancy 53.32%

So here s routers on really signal help range? wifi Does swapping with antennas my situation The wife and I got these email protected phones from T-mobile which lets you use your wifi connection to make phone calls We think this option might finally let us get rid of our land line Anywho my wifi router is in the basement and initially the phones signal reception was spotty So I decided to move the router to the living room just to see if it works any better It does work better but there are still a few weak dead spots in the house not a huge house mind you but it is old and has plaster walls and the like Tonight while I was at Circuit City I spied a wifi antenna that was probably around a Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range? foot tall that claims to dramatically boost your wifi signal I m considering picking it up but am leery as to how well these things work Does anyone use anything like this How noticeable is the difference In the best case scenario I d like to move everything back to the basement and have this new antenna doing what it claims it does so I can Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range? keep the living Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range? room clutter free I ve also considered buying a new Linksys WRT G wireless router and flashing it with the homebrew firmware which apparently greatly boosts the signal strength Could I do this and have it fit my best case scenario Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-swapping-antennas-on-wifi-routers-really-help-with-signal-range.740195/
Relevancy 52.89%

I want to expand my router's wireless signal in order to cover the whole house. I already have two modem/routers. Does it have anything to do with wireless bridge or something? Can I do it without using any kind of software? So note that I want to use the basic router which will have internet connection and use a second router to increase the wireless signal. It's crucial that I find a solution as soon as possible. Thanks in advance!

A:How do I use two wireless routers to expand wireless signal?

One router will supply DNS and DHCP (IP addresses), the other can be configured to be an access point. To achieve total coverage, run a CAT-5e cable from the main router to the access point (which will be located across the house), and have both use the same SSID.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223154-how-do-i-use-two-wireless-routers-expand-wireless-signal.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys,
I got this Windows 8 laptop some 2 months ago, everything was perfect until today.
I just cannot connect to my home wifi network.

Extra info:
- wifi light is on on laptop.
- can see other wifi network connections from neighborhood, but not my home one.
- when I manually type name of home network it says "network already installed", but still won't let it appear.
- iPhone and iPad don't have problems connecting to wifi network.
- iPhone, iPad and said PC all connected on same network for weeks in same room, never a conflict issue.

Couldn't sort it...please let me know if you have a trick.
Much appreciated.
Thank you.

A:Windows 8 can't connect to home wifi

First try powering your PC off and on. If that does not help, reboot your router and/or data modem (power them off & on). I have had my router stop working with one device while still working fine with others, a reboot fixed it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/40519-windows-8-cant-connect-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop suddenly became unable to connect to my home wifi. When I try, it tries to connect for a few seconds and then i get the message "can't connect to this network". until this happened i connected to it without problems. other laptops (housemates) can still connect to it as always without problems. my laptop can still, as, always, connect without problems to all other wifis. I've tried updating windows, then restoring, i upgraded to windows 8.1, i tried changing the security settings, rebooting the wifi, all the troubleshooting i could find on my computer. any ideas? is it more likely to be a problem with the wifi or with my laptop?

A:windows 8.1 can't connect to home wifi

in windows 8
forget the wireless network
so that you reconnect and have to re-enter the password
if still a problem

turn the router off for 5 mins and backon again - try again
if still a problem

try removing the password from the router and see if it will then connect
if it does then put the password backon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-1-cant-connect-to-home-wifi.1146421/
Relevancy 52.03%

I took my work laptop home for the first time yesterday. It wouldn't connect to the home wifi, but it does connect to other networks including work and McDonald's. It's not the modem, all our other devices work well with the home wifi and I reset the modem just in case. I've changed the proxy settings, which allowed me to connect to networks outside of work but no luck at home. I've allowed all my browsers through the firewall, even tried with the firewall off for a bit. I reset the tcp/in and winsock, didn't work. I have an Atheros AR5007 802 11b/g wifi adapter which is up to date and has been reset.

A:PC does not connect to home wifi (Windows Vista)

Also: When looking at the wireless network connection status, it says 3,000+ bytes sent and none received. I tried the "automatically acquire new IP settings option" and it says there is still a problem & that my modem/router is unavailable. A diagnostic test performed yesterday said there is an antispyware product installed that is not protecting the system but no infections were detected. This antispyware product is the last thing I can think to have caused this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-does-not-connect-to-home-wifi-windows-vista-965465.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello there I have been trying everything I can to get my dell laptop to run windows home premium especially with getting wifi available I would go to a specific part of this forum but to be honest I really have no idea what 7 Windows will have does option for premium not home wifi it may be though I have high belief it maybe be due to updates since my computer refuses to check for updates I am willing to provide any detail and or info on what kind of laptop I am actually running on what I did prior to coming here for help etc I am begging for help with this since I thought I was a real computer geek and could fix anything but as you can see that is not the case If I did want someone to fix it it would be sixty-dollars which I would rather not pay since I was just trying to freshly clean the laptop and put windows home premium on it so a friend could have it Again the main problem I have had is Windows 7 home premium will does not have option for wifi that there is absolutely no option for wifi No adapter for it no option to set up a new one nothing I know the laptop does do wifi do to me using it before perfectly fine Any help would be greatly appreciated or any advice such as I should just give up on the old heap of junk haha

A:Windows 7 home premium will does not have option for wifi

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Can you do a wired connection using Ethernet cable ?

You can use the link above my signature to fill in your system spec's page
Click Start and type in the search box
system information
Click on the suggestion or hit the enter key

You should land on the system summery page
On the top left go to edit and Select all
Then Edit again and Copy

Open a reply here and right click and Paste.

Windows updates well that has been quite a popular problem
Review this for an older existing updating issue,
Windows Update will not update and I've tried multiple fixes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400918-windows-7-home-premium-will-does-not-have-option-wifi.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My windows 7 laptop will not remember the wifi password for my home wifi connection. If I leave my house and then come back, I need to input the network password again. Why is this? My computer remembers other wifi connection passwords.

A:Windows 7 won't remember home wifi password

Hello and welcome to TSG.

1- Open Network and Sharing Center .
2- Click Manage Wireless Network
3- Delete your home profile and disconnect from your home Wifi.
4- Connect to your home Wifi and check the "Remember password" box.

Now, it should remember your password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wont-remember-home-wifi-password.1077325/
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve read John Will s instructions for configuring routers on a home network and it makes sense so far I do have a couple of questions that maybe someone could answer for me When I change the IP address of the secondary router will Network Routers 2 Home on that change the on-line configuration site for that router The router manufacturer gives an ip to go to do the configs and I wonder if this will somehow change or not 2 Routers on Home Network be accessable Second you say run the ethernet cable from the lan port on the primary to a lan port on the secondary router This means ports - it s a port and not the one that says quot internet quot Primary router is Netgear RP secondary router is Linksys WRT GS Thanks in advance JohnWill said Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router For instance DHCP server addresses through I d assign the secondary router as it s IP address Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router Connect from the primary router s LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports use a cross-over cable Leave the WAN port unconnected Click to expand nbsp

A:2 Routers on Home Network

DTinVA said:

I've read John Will's instructions for configuring 2 routers on a home network and it makes sense so far. I do have a couple of questions that maybe someone could answer for me.

When I change the IP address of the secondary router, will that change the on-line configuration site for that router? The router manufacturer gives an ip to go to do the configs and I wonder if this will somehow change or not be accessable.

Yes, when you change the base address of the router, that becomes the new address to access it's setup pages. As long as you follow the instructions and keep it in the same subnet as the primary router, you can access it freely from any connected computer. Note the detail of it being outside the DHCP server pool of the primary router.
Second, you say run the ethernet cable from the lan port on the primary to a lan port on the secondary router. This means ports 1-4 (it's a 4 port) and not the one that says "internet?"Click to expand...

Correct, you leave the WAN/Internet port empty on the second router. You are using the second router as a switch, and if it's wireless, you can use the wireless capability. I have a pair of wireless routers here on opposite ends of the house wired that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers-on-home-network.504330/
Relevancy 52.03%

Searching through the internet i have found many tutorials about setting up 2 routers on one network and it's messed up my internet. "Router A" is a Tomson TG585 (This is my primary 1). "Router B" is a BT Voyager 2110. In the study is Router A and I want Router B in my room (To long away for a cable). Also Router B seems to restart/refresh its self every 10 seconds so I cant acssess any of Router B's settings.

Someone please help me!!!!

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone, im 15 going on 16 and am likely to recieve a desktop computer for birthday, in my house we have a computer downstairs that has its own router connected by ethernet (the router is called Broadband Wireless N ADSL2+ Router) but my room is upstairs, and my mum and dad aren't too keen on me having an ethernet cable running through my entire house and up the stairs, so I would like some information about how to get another router upstairs that I can use for my own computer we have another phone line upstairs but I'm not brilliant with the whole networking thing so any information would be helpful.
Thanks
(if more details are needed please ask and I'll try to find them out)

A:2 seperate routers at home

Options include ...

a. your own (separate) internet service

b. run an ethernet cable to the attic or basement and then back down/up to your room

c. use Wi-Fi

d. use powerline adapters (ethernet over the electrical system)

Each of these has its own unique advantages and disadvantages. The cost of the first one makes it a non-starter for most people.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-seperate-routers-at-home.1080889/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a network that is currently set up in the following way:
Modem -> vonage Motorola router -> wireless router

Most computers are hard wired to the Motorola router. Some other ones connect via the linkseys wireless router. All computers are able to connect to the Internet.

The problem I have is that I will be setting up a home computer as a file server connected to the Motorola router. The network acts as though it is two meaning that computers on one router can't see computers on the other router. What steps should I take in order to make all computers accessible through both routers.

Don't know if this helps:
When I type 192.168.1.1 from a computer on the Motorola router, I get nothing, when I type in my actual ip address, I get the Motorola router. When I type in 192.168.1.1 from a linkseys connected computer, I get access to the linkseys router.

A:Home network with two routers

Why aren't they all using the same router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-with-two-routers.1035964/
Relevancy 52.03%

i need help setting my home network through two routers...it works fine when i have a direct line running to my computer, but through another router it doesnt work. any suggestions?

modem-router- downstairs computer
^
router - my computer, xbox 360, xbox1, ps2

A:Home Networking over 2 routers

Gah.. Why do you have two routers? Masochistic tendencies?

Please search the forums to see any of the dozens of threads about setting up two routers (and that you should have gotten a simple switch or a wireless access point instead).

Oh, and how did you manage to connect two routers to your modem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-networking-over-2-routers.73211/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am getting ready to set up a home network to share my internet connection between multiple computers. I have been looking at a couple different brands of routers, and was wondering if anybody had any comments about them. I have been looking at Linksys, D-Link, and Netgear brands (basically because thats all our local computer shops offer, and I don't have a ton of money). Do you have any comments or suggestions about those brands? I won't be carrying a heavy load, I don't do gaming or anything, just basic internet surfing, email etc.... Thanks for the help.

A:home network routers

Hi

If I was you I would go look in the local newspaper and get the cheapest one you can find. At least that's what I did and I have had no problems in 2 years sharing 4 computers on a network. I have a Belkin router(with 5 ports). That was the one that was on sale at the time I wanted to set up my network. Any of the ones you mentioned are fine. I think networks fail more because someone doesn't know how to set them up correctly or doesn't maintain them. The router shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-routers.45702/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I had updated to windows 10, 2-3 months before and due to many issues again I restored to windows 8.1.
Now last week it got updated to windows 10. Now i am facing issues with wifi adapter and not getting connected with wifi. Screen shot attached for reference
One more doubt is that can i go back to windows 8.1 after this update.

HP ENVY Sleekbook 4-1100se
PRODUCT NUMBER: C1X33EA#ABV
SERIAL NUMBER ; [Personal Information Removed]
LOCATION INDIA

Thank you
Reji

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-issue-with-windows-10/td-p/5648604
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been using Windows 7 x64 RTM for about a week now, and all I can say is: ARGHHHH!!!

Sleep/Hybrid/Hibernation always screws up my WiFi connections, when I wake it from Sleep, my connection ALWAYS drops and attempts to reconnect, then I force it to connect and it either doesn't or connects then drops and reconnects over and over and over again, then I have to manually disable the adapter and renable it to connect 100% and STAY connected until it goes to Sleep.

I start the computer FRESH from power button and my connection is either, remembered, or the Configure settings forgets that I checked the "Connect automatically when this network is in range". So I'm forced to manually connect upon startup.

I've tried both official Atheros driver for Vista x64 and the Windows provided Atheros driver from June 2009 for 7. They both do the same crap.

I really hope Microsoft gets something out to fix this...

A:Windows 7 x64 WiFi Issue.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889

I've been using Windows 7 x64 RTM for about a week now, and all I can say is: ARGHHHH!!!

Sleep/Hybrid/Hibernation always screws up my WiFi connections, when I wake it from Sleep, my connection ALWAYS drops and attempts to reconnect, then I force it to connect and it either doesn't or connects then drops and reconnects over and over and over again, then I have to manually disable the adapter and renable it to connect 100% and STAY connected until it goes to Sleep.

I start the computer FRESH from power button and my connection is either, remembered, or the Configure settings forgets that I checked the "Connect automatically when this network is in range". So I'm forced to manually connect upon startup.

I've tried both official Atheros driver for Vista x64 and the Windows provided Atheros driver from June 2009 for 7. They both do the same crap.

I really hope Microsoft gets something out to fix this...

Do you have more than one computer on your network?
If so, it could be that they are competing for the same IP address.
Set the IP to a fixed address you're sure is free.

Also, check if it isn't trying to connect to your neighbor's network.
Happens sometimes if your neighbor's output is higher than your own.
You can solve this by making your own network the preferred or only one it can connect to.

In the powercfg, disable the hybrid.

Make sure in the Bios only S3 standby is enabled not S1 or S1+S3.

If none of these solutions work, post back.

edit: You can also try to change the transmit channel of your router. It has 13 channels.
If your neighbor uses the same channel, they might interfere.

Greetz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/19262-windows-7-x64-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago from Windows 7 and it worked fine, until I was doing an Apple iCloud, iTunes update. After than my wifi and ethernet are no longer working. The devices are supposedly working fine, but the troubleshooter says they have a driver issue.

So many people seem to be having this problem, but though I've tried switching off ipv6 that doesn't work. I've uninstalled iTunes, but that's not helped. There's no option to roll back the update or the drivers. Not sure quite how I can resurrect my PC that's been Tenned.

Any help much appreciated,

Dazzer

A:How fix NO WIFI issue in Windows 10

Do you have System Restore turned on? Unfortunately Windows 10 has it turned off by default. I don't have an answer to your real problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58184-how-fix-no-wifi-issue-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Pc info
Version: 1511
Processor: AMD A-105750M APU with Radeon
64 bit
------
This morning I logged on to my computerand noticed my wifi was not working. It says that the wifi is connected but there is no internet access. I have spent 3 hours scouring threads and watching videos on my phone to try to fix this to no avail. I have tried reverting back to windows 8.1 but it will not let me. For the love of god please help?

A:Another Windows 10 wifi issue

Welcome to the forum!

Rebooted router?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35332-another-windows-10-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Was on the road and my MacBook Air died so I went out and grabbed an inexpensive Dell with Windows 10. Was able to connect to hotel and airport WiFi with no issues. However, when I arrived home I am unable to connect to my home WiFi. Displays "Checking Network Requirements", spins a bit, and then displays "Unable to connect to this network". Have never had an issue connecting to home network with Macs, Windows 7 machines, iPads, phones, etc.

I have the most up to date firmware on my Belkin G router. I have rebooted everything. I am able to connect wired through the same router.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

A:Windows 10 WiFi Issue

try switching the router off and back on again and retry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-wifi-issue.1161866/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an Asus Q L Notebook Win -bit and I have been having a strange issue with it and my router a Linksys E Firmware When I close the lid of the laptop it goes to sleep when I open it it wakes up except that when it tries to connect to my wireless router after waking Windows Issue WiFi 8.1 up it connects very briefly and then Windows 8.1 WiFi Issue disconnects From this point forward it cannot connect to the wireless network nor can any other device though currently connected devices do not lose their Windows 8.1 WiFi Issue connections The only solution is to power-cycle the router which restores everything back to normal I tried using a wired connection but that doesn't work either when I ran Windows Network Diagnostics it could not fix the problem which it identified as the Ethernet connection not having a valid IP configuration When I ran ipconfig with the Ethernet port plugged in but not working I got the following information Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS suffix IPv Address xx xx can't remember the last four but it wasn't a valid IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway I really don't know what to do here and the bizarre thing is that it prevents any other devices from connecting to the network either almost like DHCP gets broken somehow

A:Windows 8.1 WiFi Issue

Is your modem defined to your internet provider? Have you installed the router software correctly? You might try re-installing the router software also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-1-wifi-issue-886506.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello This is my Wireless-G Linksys connecting DSL/Wireless Edition XP Home adapter to & home not first post and PC or internet tech site too I want to THANK ALL OF YOU whom donate your valuable time I DO KNOW that time is money and i always appreciate others whom see the importance of reaching out in way of help as HELP is priceless and usually free to give I XP Home Edition & Linksys Wireless-G adapter not connecting to home DSL/Wireless hope that I m doing this right as in posting in the correct area Getting these issues worked out is very important I have read through some of your posts or threads though most that pertained to me were a bit quot technical quot I am considered old school new to Wireless stuff although I am usually a very fast learner and naturally a bit intelligent If we are talking animal medicine or animal quot issues quot in general I am one of those go-to people PC info The Gateway BOX says on bottom amp sticker bought from Sams Club like our CA- West Coast PriceClub or Costco The box states Windows XP HOME EDITION w only the PC specs but NO MANUFACTURING DATE I cannot even find a date on the PC itself The PC came in original box though w no paper work I bought this Gateway All-In-One system from a family member elderly for I believe it is AT LEAST yrs old and appears to be very full of quot stuff quot that i do not want Norton had expired I don t believe PC had been used by elderly mid to late s owner for yrs - After that i believe his sons the not to be trusted kind messed w the PC offline or maybe through dial up and w no virus spy protection I just got PC in my possession May I have not updated it s Norton as I am not eager about spending on something that is very slow or now does not work A few websites mainly vitamin buying dating-friend sites coupon sites had a warning from Windows of quot EXPIRED OR NO CERTIFICATE ON FILE quot As I was seeing this often I began to IGNORE the warnings and freely opened up probably sites w quot WARNINGS quot NOTE I ve been unemployed for years recovering now from a serious illness so the I have typically is used for required bills or the quot fur kids quot needs Thus attempting to figure this stuff out w o paying to quot diagnose quot this machine which BTW got me NO WHERE on my other two computers I also need to learn how to save his pics amp videos to a Sandisk memory stick another issue plus how to CLEAR OUT this PC which seems jam packed plus guided to a lower cost or free virus protection that is adequate Fast forward Suddenly Internet Explorer decieded to never connect again by using the Linksis Wirless-G adapter offers choice of working offline only At the bottom RT of PC there are PC icons and ALL have a big red X in front of them from LT to RT w one PC says quot Wirleless network connection NOT CONNECTED amp RT click for options quot w PC s says quot LOCAL AREA connection- A Network Cable IS UNPLUGGED quot amp w PC says quot Wireless network connection NOT CONNECTED quot There is also a square box logo on RT bottom of screen it has curved lines similar to iPhones WiFi bars Upon powering the PC this box lights up green when i put cursor on green box it says quot scanning quot and the Linksys adapter box s green quot power light quot turns on amp the green quot Link light quot blinks continually The green or grey square box icon box is apparently the Linksys adapter which is trying to connect w the homes DSL s Wireless signal When I RT click on box I can chose quot About quot or quot use Windows XP Wireless Configuration quot or quot Transmit Power quot or quot Open the Monitor quot or quot Turn Monitor Off quot When I click quot Transmit Power quot nothing happens When I click quot Open the Monitor quot a Linksys page opens w it s info tabs are Link Info Site Survey Profiles It shows a picture of the Linksys adapter box and the homes black DSL Wireless box and a Internet symbol The message it gives is quot Cannot Associate w the Access Point quot T... Read more

A:XP Home Edition & Linksys Wireless-G adapter not connecting to home DSL/Wireless

what do you have connected to the router (Siemens SpeedStream 5620 Wireless ADSL Gateway) that works , as we will probably need to see some test results

lets start with these two
. *I also need to learn how to save his pics & videos to a Sandisk memory stick (another issue), plus how to CLEAR OUT this PC which seems jam packed, plus guided to a lower cost or free virus protection that is adequate.Click to expand...

depending on the size of "all the stuff" you may want an external USB harddrive to copy all the files/pictures to - what do you have ?
can you got to the
my documents folder - which should also contain my pictures and right click on the folder my documents and select properties from the menu
that will give you the size of that folder

you don't need norton, there are many free versions just as good - I will list below
but first you need to remove Norton, as it may be the reason you cannot access the internet as its blocking - see removal tool below

next we would like to see an ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot- again see below

--------------------------------------------------------------

Norton Removal Tool
I would recommend that you restart the PC and run the removal tool for a second time - I have found instances where the removal tool needs to be run twice to fully remove all traces of norton and symantec from the PC
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

All Versions - The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2010/2009/2008/2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products, Norton 360 and Norton SystemWorks 12.0 from your computer.
http://majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal_Tool_SymNRT_d4749.html

i'm not an expert here - but if you look through the security forum, you will see a lot of recommendations
Have a read in our "general security" forum and look for the advice from our security gurus, they are identified with a gold shield next to their name

Several excellent free antivirus programs are available.

Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security_essentials/default.aspx

Avast
http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

AntiVir
http://majorgeeks.com/Avira_AntiVir_Personal_-_FREE_Antivirus_d955.html

Two other programs to also have on the PC

Malwarebytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
superantispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT applica... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-edition-linksys-wireless-g-adapter-not-connecting-to-home-dsl-wireless.1056076/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok im trying to set up a home network using two routers..i drew a picture in paint...please dont batter my drawing skills....anyway i tried everything to get this working...the befsr41 is second router and the wcg200 is the main router with a built in modem both are made by linksys...i tried disabling dhcp on the second router but it wont grab an ip from the wcg200..i tried setting everything statically on the befsr41 side and still no go...but its weird when i have the befsr41 set to dhcp i can get on the internet and everything...but then most of my programs and games dont work...so if anyoen knows what wrong here any help would be
appreciated thanx

A:Home Network not working - two routers

What are the distances between red and blue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-not-working-two-routers.81271/
Relevancy 51.6%

This may seem like a slightly bizzare request but basically me and my housemate have just moved into our new house and we have separate desktops in separate rooms that are too far apart to reach via a wired connection and there is no space for cabling through the Using connections Network Routers Home different 2 from walls due to the amount of graphics cards being used in each desktop as well we were unable to install a wireless card due to lack of PCI slots meaning a wireless connection is not really an option unless we use a USB wireless connection which we are trying to avoid due to speed issues I was Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections therefore wandering Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections if its possible to use separate routers plugged in to different phone plugs on the wall to allow us both to access the internet We are not bothered about being on a network or anything like this we only wish to both have fast internet access I called the o tech support people and they claimed that if we used a different router plugged into a different phone plug this would allow us both to use internet just on separate networks and i would just like to ask if anyone knows if this is true Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections Thanks in advance Hotcrossbun nbsp

A:Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections

Well you can do that... Sure. Well just use 2 modems and then one router and plug both of the modems into the router and then connect the router to the computers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-using-2-routers-from-different-connections.945575/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

I have two friends (husband and wife) who both run seperate businesses. They both have different broadband ISP's and each has their own network of a few PC's and network printers. Now although the two networks (house and shed) are 300m apart they are both on the same mains ring.
They would like to share files and pictures securely and wireless is not an option due to metal structures in-between.
The question I have is can I simply connect both routers to each other via the main home plug?
Would I need a crossover cable?
Would I need a bridge? Some home plugs are called bridges.

Any help greatly appreciated.

A:linking two routers via home plug

You'd be better off getting two VPN Routers and created a VPN tunnel between them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-two-routers-via-home-plug.956156/
Relevancy 51.6%

If you haven't changed the default password on your home router, do so now. That's what researchers at Symantec and Indiana University are saying, after publishing the results of tests that show how attackers could take over your home router using malicious JavaScript code...Once the router has been compromised, victims can be redirected to fraudulent Web sites...Instead of online banking, they could be giving up sensitive information to phishers...At the heart of the problem is the fact that consumer routers ship with simple, well-known default passwords, like "admin," which could be exploited by attackers...infoworld.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135542/drive-by-web-attack-could-hit-home-routers/
Relevancy 51.6%

Well, next week I am wiring my house with CAT-6. I'm going to have a firewall, and 2 routers in the computer room, from the firewall, CAT-6 Cables will go through the house to the living room, the garage, the bedroom, the kitchen and the work shop. All of which I am planning on giving their own routers, preferably all the same type; but I can't decide which one to use. Should I use the Netgear WGR614:

or the Linksys/Cisco WRT54G:

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys, so I recently signed up for Centurylink Prism TV and internet, they use a Cisco DDR2200 (modem+wireless router combo) which I've come to realize is only a "g" router, so I purchased a cheap Belkin N150 (which I intend to use as my main router). I've turned the wireless function off on the Cisco and have an ethernet cable running from a LAN port on the Cisco to the internet port on the Belkin.

The issue I'm having is how do I set up the IP addresses/DHCP servers for both routers? By default, the Cisco's IP address is 192.168.1.254 (I know, weird right?) with a DHCP range of 192.168.1.63 - 192.168.1.253. Whereas the Belkin's IP address is 192.168.2.1 . I guess I'm sort of at a loss on how to set this up to optimize my network. I appreciate all of the help!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all Would like some advice idiots guide if possible to setup the following I would like to have two separate networks running at home XX and XX Subnet home routers help and Multiple which are completely separate from each other bar the ability for both to have access to my ADSL internet connection I would like one network to act as a Dev network where I might plug client machines into etc and one as my main network So effectively I will have one network which is my main home network running on X which all my home machines etc run on and have access to my main router or gateway to the internet Gateway IP is and I will also have a seperate Dev network running on X which I can plug any PC laptop etc that I am working on into which won t have network access to the other X network for security purposes but will Multiple home routers and Subnet help have access to my ADSL gateway so they get internet access like the other network Is this possible And if so would someone please be able to give me a walkthrough on how to setup it up Current hardware is Main gateway router Netgear DG N on IP Wifi access point Netgear WNR on IP Spare unused router to work on the Dev network Draytek Vigor IP to be Multiple home routers and Subnet help confirmed Is it possible to do the above with my existing hardware Multiple home routers and Subnet help I e not have to go out and purchase some expensive equipment Many many many thanks to any kind soul that is able to help nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.17%

just bought new samsung np3530ec series 3. windows8 wasnt running with a lot of stuff so i wiped it, im now running windows 7 professional. everything working perfect except the wifi signal is terrible.side by side with a toshiba laptop, the toshiba has better signal. have i down something wrong with it?> i got drivers off oficial samsung web site.spenT 2.5HOURS on hold on samsung customer service and nobody answered. any help appreciated

A:windows 7 pro samsung wifi issue

If you go right next to the router, how is the signal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-pro-samsung-wifi-issue.1092604/
Relevancy 51.17%

I upgraded my HP Dv t pavilion laptop bought in - to windows After upgrading everything seems to work fine except my Wifi F is orange instead of white In other words I cannot connect to the wifi and the wifi switch is greyed out and slide back to off position when I go in wifi setting I have tried all the options below nothing worked I know the problem is I don't have the updated wifi driver for my HP machine for windows OS - I already upgraded my wifi adapter in PC setting - I called the nbsp manufacturer nbsp HP tech support they asked me to nbsp contact nbsp the wifi nbsp adapter nbsp manufacturer nbsp Intel raytheon nbsp as nbsp an nbsp example I nbsp contacted nbsp them they nbsp don't nbsp have one - HP due upgrade Wifi to issue windows 10 nbsp tech nbsp support is asking to fix the problem and send me the right wifi driver Looks like a scam to me to nbsp extract nbsp money since I Wifi issue due to windows 10 upgrade am out of warranty tech support Just on a side note my son has a newer nbsp laptop Asus he did not have this problem nbsp while nbsp upgrading nbsp to Wifi issue due to windows 10 upgrade nbsp windows Wifi issue due to windows 10 upgrade I know this is most nbsp common nbsp on older nbsp laptops It's so upsetting that big organization like Microsoft and HP don't want to take care of the customer's and pointing customer's like me to get help from the other organization HP saying go to Microsoft to get help and Microsoft saying go to HP for help Based on all the blogs online I wish I would nbsp have nbsp not nbsp upgraded nbsp to nbsp windows nbsp I can't uninstall windows and go nbsp back nbsp to windows either I nbsp have nbsp a solution but it will cost me nbsp money I can call HP tech support and give them to just send me nbsp that stupid link for the wifi driver for windows OS to download I can go nbsp to nbsp Best Buy and buy a dongle wifi adapter netgear and put in my USB port and make my wifi work I can download from a third party nbsp software nbsp company nbsp and risk my nbsp computer nbsp to be nbsp prone nbsp to viruses All this big companies spend nbsp millions nbsp of nbsp dollars on nbsp surveys and marketing Saying nbsp achieving nbsp customer nbsp satisfaction nbsp is our nbsp goal nbsp nbsp but can't fix small things like sending a download free to consumer like me or a way to upgrade the setting in your Bios to work with windows In vain Rohit

A:Wifi issue due to windows 10 upgrade

Hi @randy03,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the WiFi. I will be glad to help you. Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Please get back to me and I will see if I can get the driver for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-issue-due-to-windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5558879
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I bought a new laptop Toshiba Satellite Pro L with builtin Windows -bit which I updated to Windows It took me days to install the gb update PROBLEM I am getting the Wifi connectivity issue inform of very slow speed frequent disconnection limited connectivity Plz note This issue was also happening when laptop was running on Windows The network adapter is Qualcomm Atheros AR x After reading some blogs discussions I did some Windows 8.1 connectivity Wifi issue on following changing to solve my wifi connectivity interruption I disabled Bluetooth Device from Device Manager under Network Adapters Uninstall the Atheros adapter and re-installed the new software Dated from atheros website Wifi connectivity issue on Windows 8.1 RESULT My laptop internet connectivity doesn't seems to be smooth My laptop does not connect to wifi when I go to another room infact my mobile phone connected to wifi where my laptop don't I also have my old laptop acer with me that I bought years back and it's wifi is working perfect even in far distance Plz note This issue was also happening when laptop was running on Windows I am not too much in windows programming I am so much confused what to do to solve this matter Your valuable suggestions are the only hope for me now Thank you amp looking forward

A:Wifi connectivity issue on Windows 8.1

Wondering if this problem still solved, I have exactly the same problem. Wondering ISP problem or my problem.
I have same network adapter, Qualcomm Atheros AR946x on my Acer laptop

When the internet speed is slow. I check the network and it somehow said connectivity issue with my modem, router etc... but they are just worked perfectly before.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56075-wifi-connectivity-issue-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I have updated my windows from windows 8 to window 10 after updating i am facing wifi connectivity issue. When I start my laptop wifi is not connected. so I need to restart the pc then wifi is connected. In between of any work wifi lost the connectivity and i need to disabled and enable the wifi from contorl panel then wifi work. We are facing this issue many time. Even i have gone through the forum regarding this and install the updated driver but the problem exist as it is. I dont want to degrade to windows 8 so i would request you please provide me any solution on the same .  Thanks,Arkroop

A:Wifi Issue on Windows 10 Professional

Hi,if the drivers are fully up to date and your still having the problem, its probably not the driver causing the issue. Could you check that all avaliable windows updates are installed along with check for updates for your web browsers and see if the problem still occurs. If all the updates are installed please answer the following questions 1.) Have you carried out a virus or malware scan if not please conduct one and let us know the result?2.) Does the issue occur just on the Wifi at home or everywhere?3.) Apart from migration to windows 10 have you installed and additional hardware components or software since. James 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Issue-on-Windows-10-Professional/td-p/5610122
Relevancy 51.17%

I have two PCs running Windows x Ultimate and two USB wireless adapters Both are having the same USB Adapters Windows Wifi Issue and with 7 connectivity issue with either wireless adapter The adapters are Asus USB N- Atheros AR Neither wireless adapter works in either PC Here s the specs of the PCs Mine Intel Core i K CPU EVGA NVidia GTX Win GPU GB DDR - RAM GIGABYTE GA-P A-UD P Mobo WD GB SATA HDD WD GB IDE HDD WD GB Issue with USB Wifi Adapters and Windows 7 IDE HDD ABS Tagan ITZ Series W PSU Soundblaster Issue with USB Wifi Adapters and Windows 7 Audigy SPU Windows x Ultimate Acer X W Acer AL W monitors Wife s Intel Pentium Dual Core E CPU EVGA NVidia GTS MB GPU GB DDR - RAM XFX MG- Mi- Mobo WD GB SATA HDD WD GB IDE HDD Rosewill W PSU Soundblaster Audigy SPU Windows x Ultimate Sylvania L monitor After inserting the wireless adapter into either PC I installed the necessary drivers for the devices After the driver installation was successful I click on the icon in the taskbar for the internet connections and see if there is a wireless network nearby - but the window says no connections are available I opened the Network and Sharing Center and clicked on the Manage Wireless Networks link on the left - nothing is displayed I clicked on the Change Adapter Settings link on the left as well and it displays my Wireless Network Connection as enabled I right-clicked it and selected connect disconnect and it only brings up the same window in the corner that should show the wireless connections in the taskbar and there are no access points displayed I tried troubleshooting the connection and the adapter and Windows states quot The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems quot I ve tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them I ve tried uninstalling the device in the Device Manager and using the quot Update Driver quot button to manually search for the driver on the PC I ve downloaded the most recent drivers for either wireless adapter I ve tried restarting either PC with and without the adapter installed Any insight to this issue Here is the ipconfig all for both PCs Mine Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- F- - - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- F- - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap -A EE- -B C-A BC F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D-D - FDF-A F-D ED CA FE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wife s Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- -EB-F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FBF BC - E- E A- CB- C C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi i am a complete networking computer newbie so as a warning to everyone who would potentially answer this question try to keep the response in the simplest terms possible for me thanks I have a desktop and a laptop i have a wireless network setup for my laptop through my belkin wireless g g router I have yahoo dsl wired directly to my computer that is wired to networking 2 Wireless wireless routers between the belkin router which we will call computer A I received a used desktop computer that i am setting up in a different area of the house which came with a netgear WGR wireless router This computer computer B is too far away to hardwire to the other computer so i attempted to set up a wireless network between Wireless networking between 2 wireless routers the routers because otherwise computer B would have no other way to connect to the internet I put the installation disk in computer B for the netgear router and selected the option to connect it using Wireless networking between 2 wireless routers existing router not using netgear s router as the main router and it told me to use advanced setup which resulted in no help whatsoever So what i m asking is there any way that i can connect these two computers through the existing network using Wireless networking between 2 wireless routers the wireless routers in place connect the netgear on computer B wirelessly to my belkin on computer A THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I want to connect my home network (described below) to my landlord's free wifi. I have just purchased a wireless bridge to hopefully make this happen. A wired connection between the routers is not possible. I describe the setup below:

Landlord:
Router 1 (unknown): WPA, G

Me:
Router 2: Linksys WRT54G with standard firm ware, WPA, G
Wired NAS
Wired Print Server
Wireless devices (several)
WET54G Wireless bridge

Diagram: Router 1 -- WET54G -- Router 2 -- My wired and wireless devices. Router 2 will connect via Ethernet to WET54G. WET54G will connect to Router 1 via wifi.

I am pretty sure this set up can work. If not, please tell me. My question is how do I go about configuring Router 2 and the WET54G. DHCP, IP, etc. Please advise.

A:Two Wireless Routers and a Wireless Bridge

You should be able to reset the second router to factory defaults and connect once you get the wireless bridge talking to the wireless network. The only fly in the ointment might be a need to change the base address of your secondary router.

When you're connected to the wireless network with a computer, please post the following.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-wireless-routers-and-a-wireless-bridge.796401/
Relevancy 51.17%

Thinking of upgrading my router and giving my existing Linksys WRT54G wireless B/G router to my parents... Can I still run all my existing wireless network cards that are B/G on a Wireless N router?

A:Does Wireless B/G Work on Wireless N Routers?

Yes Pre-N technology will work with B/G wireless card standards. It is backwards compatible with it. Only A standards will not work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-wireless-b-g-work-on-wireless-n-routers.516609/
Relevancy 50.74%

I m trying to set up two routers in my home network so I can have more Ethernet jacks in my home network My one router alone does 2 Home Running in Solved: Network my Routers not have enough ports to feed all my computers so I thought I would hook up my older router but I m not sure exactly how I need to do this My primary router which is receiving the signal from my DSL modem is D-link DIR- which I hope to run in wireless N as well The second router is a USR which I hope to run in wireless G for legacy devices Here is generally what I am trying to achieve Basically the red lines represent the connection router setting changes I need to make between the two routers Since the routers Solved: Running 2 Routers in my Home Network are literally right next to one another I can either wire them together or go wireless whichever is easier I ve tried running an Ethernet cable from LAN Solved: Running 2 Routers in my Home Network port of the D-link to LAN port on the USR with mixed results one one occasion I lost my wireless G signal and on another several of my wired devices wouldn t connect I also tried running a Ethernet cable from jack on the D-link to the WAN input on the USR and successfully transmitted a wireless G signal from the USR but could not get a wired connection from the USR I really have no idea what to do Could someone tell me what I should be doing nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

http://blogs.forbes....le-to-web-hack/ The upcoming Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas offers an annual parade of security researchers revealing new ways to break various elements of the Internet. But few of the talks have titles quite as alarming as one on this year's schedule: "How to Hack Millions of Routers." Craig Heffner, a researcher with Maryland-based security consultancy Seismic, plans to release a software tool at the conference later this month that he says could be used on about half the existing models of home routers, including most Linksys, Dell, and Verizon Fios or DSL versions. Users who connect to the Internet through those devices and are tricked into visiting a page that an attacker has set up with Heffner's exploit could have their router hijacked and used to steal information or redirect the user's browsing.Edited to comply with fair use rules. ~ OB

A:"Millions" Of Home Routers Vulnerable To Web Hack

Thanks Broni it's another bad thing to watch for. I have read all of it and I have some question I hope you can help me with. Maybe I just missed it. 1: Are systems with out routers just DSL modems have to worry about these attacks. 2: Is there a way that one can scan the routers and/or modems for such attacks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331540/millions-of-home-routers-vulnerable-to-web-hack/
Relevancy 50.74%

I want to expand my wireless connectivity at home so that my upstairs of the house and the living room downstairs have a good connectivity to the internet So my cable modem comes with the wireless N router build in Motorola SBG Lets call the cablemodem router as R with IP address of My second router which is a cisco linksysWRT N as R with ip Both are wireless wired router When I connect via routers at two Connecting not home. working Printer R I can browse the internet and go out of the world When I connect via R I can browse the internet and go out of the world I have my printer connected to a print server with and IP When I connect to R I am able to print to the printer When I am connected to R I Connecting two routers at home. Printer not working am not able to print to the printer nor ping R Similarly if I am on R I can ping R IP address BUT if I am on R I CANNOT PING R IP address If I cannot use the printer for R that defeats my purpose of having another router since it cannot communicate from one router to another router It looks to me like a one way traffic R ----XXX ---- gt R R -------------- gt R ---------------- gt R How do I get both router to talk to each other so no matter which router I connect to I can communicate with each other Please help nbsp

A:Connecting two routers at home. Printer not working

Try assigning 192.168.2.2 to R2 and 192.168.2.1 to R1.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-two-routers-at-home-printer-not-working.169308/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I am experiencing loss over home routers Packet network - two packet loss over my home network in the following configuration I have two wireless routers D-Link connected to a cable modem via WAN port Belkin Wireless N router with quot Act as access point enabled quot A wireless laptop connects to either access point or a PC connects directly into router or into router via a switch plugged into one of the ports on router A meter cable runs between the two routers on a LAN port When the cable is connected I experience some packet loss when pinging youtube com and a slowing down when accessing secure http sites from either Packet loss over home network - two routers router Youtube com malfunctions when playing videos -- but most other web usage appears to work If I disconnect the uplink cable then I have none of the above symptoms I m currently using a patch cable to link the routers Update I have just borrowed a brand-new meter cross-over cable and I m getting the same packet loss with that as the uplink cable in at least two scenarios pings to youtube com via a PC plugged directly into router gives packet loss A wireless client connected to either access point gives Lost loss Then a PC plugged into the switch which is also plugged into router router gives Lost loss What I m doing seems to be quite common and I ve read of successful setups on this forum Please could someone advise nbsp

A:Packet loss over home network - two routers

Check the wiring of the cable, it would be my top suspect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-over-home-network-two-routers.941862/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have 3 computers in our home network. My computer is in our bedroom with Vista OS which is connected to a USRobotic router that connects to the cable modem. From the USrobotics router there is another network cable that runs down to the basement to a lynksys switch, where a computer with XP Pro is attached(hopping to change it to Linux OS and make it a server) from that switch another cable runs to the garage to a lynksys router that runs a cable to a spare bedroom connecting compact machine with XP home edtion, that has a printer, copier connected to it.
I would like to access that printer from the other 2 computers.
How do I configure the routers to do this? and maybe the switch too.
Thank
Ron

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everybody I recently bought a second-handed Satellite Pro L - P in mint condition and upgraded it to windows Unfortunately there is a problem with the wifi that I don't know if it appeared in the previous windows installation When I press to connect to one of the available wifi networks it fails every time and returns quot can't connect to this network quot regardless the signal shown Windows WiFi issue Pro L850-1P7 10 Satellite - UNLESS I am really close to the wifi router The wifi module is a Qualcomm Atheros AR x adapter AR B and I Satellite Pro L850-1P7 Windows 10 WiFi issue updated the driver to the latest one with no luck I also tried some older driver versions No luck either I chose quot Maximum Performance quot under quot Wireless Adapter settings quot and deselected the quot allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot box under driver's Power Management tab Guess what nothing happened It still cannot connect to the wifi networks unless the laptop is close to the router My guess was that it is either a driver issue or a malfunctioning wifi module until I booted the laptop in Linux and everything worked absolutely fine It connected to the wifi network in less than a second So it must be a driver issue or a quot bad quot setting Any idea would be appreciated Thank you

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92153-Satellite-Pro-L850-1P7-Windows-10-WiFi-issue
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I bought an hp pavilion 15-n203tx  a week back and wifi worked fine for 2 days till I was prompted for some update (cant recollect what all updates ) by the HP software on my laptop which included around 4 updates and hence then my wifi connection drops every now and then and even when it shows its connected to the wireless network when i open any website , it would not connect and fail ! I have tried most of the options suggested on the internet and nothing seems to be resolved the issue . Its really frustarting that a brand new laptop is already givin me a lot of trouble! ( I think my laptop has a Ralink WLAN Card )  Is there any way I can revert to the older version of the sofwares? HELP! RAmesh

A:Wifi Issue windows 8.1 hp pavilion 15-n203tx

Hello Ramz_N, Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience! I understand the computer is unable to connect to wireless networks consistently. It is a shame since wireless technology is amazing. On that note, I will do what I can to assist you! Before you do anything, I'm going to suggest you try a System Restore. This can return the computer to a point in time (restore point) before the issue appeared. Although, it may return the computer to Windows 8, which isn't a bad thing. For more information on how to do this, please look at this Microsoft website: Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 8) Try using the computer in Windows 8 and see if it works properly. If it does, you can choose whether or not you want to re-upgrade to Windows 8.1. I believe this will resolve the issue, but please respond with your results. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day! Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Issue-windows-8-1-hp-pavilion-15-n203tx/td-p/3619073
Relevancy 50.74%

When connected to wifi is shown next to her on the list of network information No internetWindows 10 installed driver "card Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter."In detail the properties of the card in the ID section of the equipment is:PCI \ VEN_14E4 & DEV_4727 & SUBSYS_00101028 & REV_01On the device, "bcm94313hmg2l"On the Dell Vostro 3500 laptop that I did not find drivers for Windows 10Please help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986718