Windows Support Forum

Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT Event 467

Q: Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT Event 467

EDIT: ARGH, sorry, meant to post this in General Discussion forum, I have no idea if it is a network issue.

Hello everyone,

I keep seeing this error appear several times a day, even during idle, in my Event Viewer. I did a clean install of build 10586 less than a month ago. I'm not having any overt issues yet, but the error is disturbing.

SettingSyncHost (9144) {979B90BD-0F81-4D83-B038-62032DD17C47}: Database C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\meta.edb: Index deleteDetection of table items is corrupted (0).
I have spent a few hours researching this and I can't find any reports of similar issues or even what the file metastore\meta.edb is for. Is this hopefully one I can just rename and it'll automatically create a new one?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32490-event-viewer-errors-settingsynchost-source-esent-event-467-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT Event 467

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 50.74%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 22.36%

Alright here we go it s my first time here I don t got any help searching so gonna ask here The first problem is that my notebook has recently a Bad Image error when I try to install programs like if I download in baixaki Advanced SystemCare he tells me that got a bad image Also I can t install so much things and the cleaners anti-virus thanks to that some programs as Fire Fox too here let me show you It doesn t Constantly errors and Bad blue Image screens change the error I think with others it always say this jscript dll and yeah I will not make another thread so I think I am able to show all the problems here I didn Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens t read rules Second one much KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR blue screen but not frequently sometimes he freezes and does that It already maked it constantly when it was starting and I fixed it I think I think those problems are related to my HD or motherboard isn t it Third one everytime I open chrome he say that he isn t my principal browser and when I click to make it he doesn t do Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens Also his image is bugged P S I don t remember when exactly this error of Bad Image started I was in the past without it and it suddently appeared I know that can appear by I installing something I was downloading so much in the forums GTA SA Mods P S I play so much games on that frequently War Dota Tibia GTA and others RPG but now only War Dota So waiting if you can help me nbsp

A:Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens

Sorry I forgot, the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR was already constantly appearing when I start windows. Not expecified that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-bad-image-errors-and-blue-screens.204513/
Relevancy 23.22%

New laptop Whenever I try to map network a windows drive in my laptop to windows laptop I get the following error that the spelling may not be correct but this is not true Can t find quot computer c quot May be spelling I have checked Win 8.1 Win between and 7 Networking errors the spelling finding no problems and I have opened all Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 folders for sharing and security is set the same way reading and writing as Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 when I network windows drives to other windows drives I always use the correct password if requested I have no problem between win drives What am I missing I don t have the same problem going from to windows Under homegroup files seem to be recognized For many years including XP days Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 I have been coping and transferring files and folders from one computer disk on computer X to another disk on a different computer called computer Y I could copy in both directions but I had to set up each drive separately I used map network drive icon Map as drive quot found when I opened Computer icon After setting in property the sharing and security settings a certain way I could copy back and forth Each computer was given a name such as C- C and Computer All I am saying is that in one direction of copying I can copy but in the other direction I get a possible spelling error Of course there is no spelling error I know that Windows is somewhat different from Windows Both use a name found under User folder and both use a password The computer name is most obvious and is different from the name found under User folder So what seems to be the problem Should be simple enough Jim nbsp

A:Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7

You need ports 137-139 opened on both systems for names to resolve.

Get the IP address of both systems and then access using the IP of the target. If that works, it is a name resolution issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-errors-between-win-8-1-and-win-7.200820/
Relevancy 52.03%

How serious is this? I'm running on a Dell laptop with a Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.

It is saying that I should back up all of my important files because of possible hard drive failure.

PLEASE HELP? I don't know how to fix this because I don't know what it means.

A:Hard drive is reporting a Smart Event error message

It telling you your hard drive is on its way out. You can try running a check disk and see if that helps. But to be on the safe side you should back up your personal files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-reporting-a-smart-event-error-message.199432/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello for some time now been a few months now didn t really notice it at first I ve been experiencing weird horizontal artifacts in video playback They are computer-based as I can show you by pasting a screenshot They move and jitter during playback I also notice these artifacts even as I type to you with and Video HD errors 6800 artifacts Radeon now whenever I type I see the artifacts blinking on and off and they might stay on off I tried updating all my codecs and my GFX driver but that caused more problems as now a game I tried to play Orcs must Die had a weird horizontal crossbar going up the menu screen and other such weird behaviour This was not present in my former drivers so now I m thinking of a rollback or alternative drivers Omega Might be something to do with my ancient overheated and now dusty with age CPU that s probably suffered from overclocking over the years E but it also might be my relatively old GPU However I didn t have these problems during the first half of last year that much I know I m running Win bit with gb of ram Any advice beyond finally going ahead and changing the MB CPU and VGA Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-artifacts-and-errors-with-radeon-hd-6800.199030/
Relevancy 30.53%

During my recent times playing CSS ive been getting told im lagging all over the place, but to me everything seems fine. SOO I need help to fix this lag of mine. I play on a laptop over wifi.
my laptop:
Asus
model: Q500A
processor: intel core i5-3210M
RAM: 6GB

My laptop is currently having problems with it too such as when I try to shut down it'll take like 5 minutes or wont at all and sometimes loses connection to the wifi and I wont be able to open the list of available wifi, but when I can it wont show or connect so I have to restart my laptop.

A:STEAM: Counter strike source lag, how to fix?

You're playing on wifi on a probably bad Internet connection. Sometimes even though it looks okay to you, you're in fact lagging.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steam-counter-strike-source-lag-how-to-fix.194437/
Relevancy 22.36%

I was pre-testing a card that I got from china to see if it was what I ordered before trying to sell the rest of the cards on ebay the card said it was gigs Fat when I looked at it on my windows PC Next I put a song on it and it seemed to be working ok and then I tried for format the card While it sd fixing about 3 micro errors. cards questions was Formating it went to Default exFAT gigs but I knew my MP player will not be able to handle exFAT so I tried to use a tool to change its format back to Fat After clicking format I saw that it was taking a vary long time to format but then I saw I did not check quick format so I hit stop and nothing happened so I hit X on the tool and still nothing happened so I clicked ctrl-alt-exit and made it stop that way but after that it then said the card needs to be formated so I tried to format it back to Default exFAT but befor clicking format it now only says it will format to gigs and not gigs o O so I was thinking maybe that is just a error and will be fixed after clicking format 3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors. so I clcik format and it gives me a error it says Windows was unable 3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors. to complete the format so how do I get it to format back to gigs and back to Fat --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- And here is my nd question a month ago I sold a guy of my cards on ebay now he is saying this Dear Piratekitty When I installed the card in my Clip it gaves errors when trying to copy music to it and when I tested it with H test I formatted the card as FAT and now it shows as MB capacity I ve tried reformatting it several times with the same results with Windows and SDFormatter I tried it in a Cowon J with the same results Please tell me how to access the full GB on this card or replace this card with a real GB card that works Regards ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- rd question is is subject all my falt before selling the items I put quot how to Instructions in the items I am selling on ebay and my question is what if my how to instructions are making my buyers have have Can you read my instructions and tell me if it is causing errors for my ebay buyers Important Notice Please Read By default the cards format is exFAT amp not all items can read exFAT format If your item can not read exFAT format you will get a error but you can fix this by changing the cards format Q What to do if you need to change your cards format First check to see what kind of format your device can read Next google how to change the format of exFAT to the format that your device can handle there are a lot of websites out there with step by step methods After that follow the steps that the website tells you I perfer watching how to videos on youtube And finaly when your done if you still find that your geting a error please let me know amp I will help you ASAP Notes about formating When you want to delete everything I sugest doing so with the file formater the website in step gives you If you dont you will end up changing your fixed format back to the cards Default exFAT I found everything I told you out when my mp player only worked with FAT amp not exFAT So I looked on youtube amp found nbsp

A:3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors.

the card said it was 64 gigs (Fat32) when I looked at it on my windows 7 PC.

Next I put a song on it and it seemed to be working ok and then I tried for format the card.Click to expand...

Rule number one:- if it isn't broken then don't fix it.

The issue here is windows will not format Fat32 above 32gb, so invoking the formatter when all you needed was to delete the file was a major mistake.

Personally, your online handle Piratekitty and the fact that you are reselling on the net bothers me. I've pointed you in the right direction this time, but will not respond in the future to your postings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-questions-about-fixing-micro-sd-cards-errors.192060/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Dell Studio 1737 Windows Vista Home 64 Service Pack 2. All of my drivers are up to date and I have the most recent BIOS.

I get this error message in my event viewer a couple of time an hour:

Source: ACPI
Event ID: 13

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Also, when my computer is unplugged from the AC and running on battery power the system lags a lot and after about 15 minutes its turns off without warning.

I feel like this is all connected. Any advice?

Thank you!

A:ACPI error Event ID 13

This could be caused by a failing hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acpi-error-event-id-13.190645/
Relevancy 22.36%

What is the usual diagnosis or outcome when an HP C AIO won HP many not self errors diagnostic; test printing printer t print a correct Self Test Diagnostic from control panel It printed it one won t print another because of multiple errors was missing ALL data from boxes amp sections of pg report - except color print test boxes looked fine Just printed report sections headers amp data boxes Gone through usual printer reset steps power reset HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors clearing hardware error codes via quot secret menu quot then unplugging amp waiting sec That clears or more errors but they re-appear The errors just rotate clear another pops Carriage or paper jam neither true carriage moves easily HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors by hand - isn t quot jammed quot when reports it Hitting OK starts carriage moving again No paper or bits Took lid amp top cover off No paper bits that are visible - front back inside paper tray area w o dismantling entire unit Ink system failure printed perfect text lines amp color boxes on the partial HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors self test after that error appeared amp was cleared - several times Pump Motor Stalled DON T think ink motor is stalled or not working Printed perfect lines headings amp color boxes on the one self test lacking data With top cover off can see all pump gears belt turning normally in warm up Pump sounds normal during printer prep Paper pick up rollers NOT turning - that s true except for ONE self test w o the data They turn easily by hand not dirty - just don t engage Is it just fried With so many errors - most seem false AND unable to print accurate self test diagnostic not sure this is just a quot reset quot issue Had a power outage - but it was on surge protector UPS w voltage control - ALONG w modem router VOIP ATA PC monitor None were damaged Tried plugging printer into wall outlet - no change DC voltage of printer adapter checks OK w meter IS it a POSSIBILITY though AC adapter voltage is OK it s not delivering correct mA Not sure how to check DC mA of AC adapter - any advice there It cost after tax - yrs ago at steep discount Light use If it s toast not sure I d buy an HP not just because of this - more for HP s apparent declining reputation For avg home use - All In One types wondering which brand now has best satisfaction reliability AND least trouble using generic ink Maybe they re all junk now As in now yrs of light use may be avg life DON T want one w colors combined in or cartridges Thanks nbsp

A:HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

Seems toast to me. You've been pretty thorough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-printer-not-printing-self-test-diagnostic-many-errors.190628/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Fellows I have TOSHIBA GB HDD I made it external delayed showing External to 0MD size failed due errors write HDD HDD through a drive case and using it since few months for storing the data it has partitions Now External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors I have a problem with it A week before the drive started giving following errors when I was plugging it in to the system There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc this can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it Delayed Write Failed I O Device Error Initially it was only reading two partitions after - days it only showed one partition not all data then now it is showing partition with zero data with zero mb total disk space It is asking to format each partition I am trying to open I tried to access the HDD from multiple systems XP VISTA SEVEN but same MB size showing up now every time How can I get the external HDD back to normal state without losing the data already there please help Thanks nbsp

A:External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Check the drives for errors as instructed in the link above^. This may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive. If this fails then we will resort to other options. After doing some research, it seems as if this error occurs a lot in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-showing-0md-size-due-to-delayed-write-failed-errors.189965/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an old fujitsu stylistic LT C-500 pen tablet which gives 4 errors on boot up. The first is query support failed. It has to do with fujitsu display monitor application.The second is pen tablet failed to initialize and pen functionality is not available although I just installed a new driver and it works fine. The third error secure attention sequence error which says it is unable to create a tray icon for the secure attention sequence application. The fourth error is WMI Error: Error accessing class instance. It also has to do with fufitsu display monitor application. I have wxp installed and a .5 ghz processor with 128 mb ram. Eveything seems to work just fine except for that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-up-errors.189373/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello Everyone errors event DNS client I m have a problem on my newer computer that I would like DNS client event errors to know if anyone could give me hand trying to figure out DNS client event errors Now this is not an error that is preventing the computer from working But I get an error in the Event viewer constantly Just makes me think that there is something wrong Error is as follows Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot C E- EEA- A -A FE-A B DDB D quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Location quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Context quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Like I said earlier If anyone can give me a hand with this I would greatly appreciate it Also Im sorry if I m posting this in the wrong Forum Topic Wasn t sure what sub topic I was supposed to put it under Thanks nbsp

A:DNS client event errors

Easiest approach is to delete the host file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc contains hosts

you need ADMIN privileges
First stop the client by getting a cmd prompt and enter net stop "dns client" (exactly as shown)
now cd to \windows\system32\drivers\etc

del hosts
then recreate it using echo "" >hosts
(that is two consecutive double-quotes without anything between)

now you should clear the event viewer log containing the error and follow up with
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-client-event-errors.186735/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, I just got my USB flash drive yesterday and it works fine with no problems whatsoever. First started using it on a machine with XP with no errors at all but then today on a machine with Windows 7 I get a disk controller error in the even viewer. Please tell me this it not the USB flash drive itself? Thanks

A:USB flash drive errors

No, it is the computer you are running it on, in this case the Win 7. It just means that the disk controller hardware for the Win 7 is not functioning correctly.

Hope this helped

~Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-errors.183643/
Relevancy 30.1%

I assembled a desktop maybe years ago the board finally went South It s an ASUS P C E 478 Pentium Need source for socket or IV repair motherboard motherboard uses a Pentium IV socket CPU dual channel DDR PC RAM - has slots I ve got modules for total gb RM I m not a gamer just fool around with home video amp pictures some online Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair sports watch an old tv show surf the net simple things like that It s always been plenty fast for everything I do When it happened all the lights flashed rapidly and it beeped rapidly when I tried to start it Now the switch has no effect - the board powers up as soon as power is supplied to the machine Can t force quit the machine either Nothing on the monitor at all A Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair tech shop checked it and said the board is bad Sounded like they checked it by swapping cpu s RAM etc I had tried a new battery first had hoped they would test the chipset etc but doesn t sound like they did much if any of those kinds of diagnostics I do have an ASUS setup disc I got with the board when I bought it that ASUS says I can use Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair to reinstall the BIOS haven t tried that yet While I was poking around inside making sure there were no loose cables or other obvious simple problems I cleaned it The CPU heat sink came off the CPU so I have to get some of the heat sink grease and reattach it before I try to start it again Assuming I do need a new board I ve found that boards that will accept that old Pent IV and my ram are scarce So far just some real cheapies on Amazon and eBay Would like to find I e a refurbished direct replacement or at least something basically comparable Or even a reputable shop that may be able to repair the board if I send it to them Would much appreciate any leads or advice The machine serves my needs and I d like to avoid the cost of a new CPU and RAM Thanks nbsp

A:Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair

Absolutely!

I see I failed to specify, but I need an ATX rather than a micro ATX. I did a quick search on the basic LGA 775 specs and the one I happened to see was a micro ATX, altho I imagine other forms were available?

If yours is an ATX, I'll very gratefully take you up on that.

You wouldn't happen to have a setup manual? I'm far from being very knowledgeable,
more of the typical "know enuf to get myself in trouble" level.

I would imagine I might be able to find and download a manual if you don't have one.

My zip is 89046, Searchlight NV. I'm here temporarily for a 2+ year solar-steam generating plant project, then RETIREMENT!!

Thanks so much!

Address removed for your safety. Note from mailpup: Give address in private "conversation" with Matthew.

I'd prefer FedEx ground, they deliver to me.

Let me know how much, throw in some extra for your packaging and time/trouble.
And how to send the money. If you do PayPal, add extra for their cut of course.
Or I can mail a Postal MO or whatever.
Not a huge rush, I can access my "civilian" email at work if I don't overdo it.
Thanks again!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-source-for-pentium-iv-socket-478-motherboard-or-repair.184060/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I was given an hp pavilion media center m x computer and installed windows xp pro Everything works wonderfully except every power on The BIOS always reports the following New CPU installed Please enter setup to configure your system Press F to enter setup Press F to load default values and continue I have Motherboard m n -am se BIOS Version CPU AMD Athlon X I have changed the bios battery BIOS f2 errors f1 flashed the bios cleared the bios and went back in and reset everything and tried loding the defaults from the bios and loaded optimized settings and the cpu is the one that came with the computer I have no idea as to what to do HELP If anyone knows any thing about tattooing a motherboard you know one BIOS errors f1 f2 of the items you have to put in is the featurebyte The featurebyte is normally blocks of characters plus however this motherboard has blocks of characters plus and when I try to update it every thing is written to the dmi file BIOS errors f1 f2 except the featurebyte which gives an error message that featurebyte has too many characters Please if you know how to take care of the bios error message please help me or if you can help me with the tattooing Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-errors-f1-f2.182826/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently switched from Verizon Fios to Brighthouse Cable time warner internet as I was really not using all the bandwidth I was paying for before Unfortunately I have had nothing but problems in the month since installation After significant troubleshooting I have alleviated several of the internal network issues I had with the new modem but am still having a DNS problem Essentially at seemingly random intervals or immediately if I open bittorrent websites will not connect I reset and renew and dns flush but nothing helps Some programs will stay connected skype dropbox etc and some will not games seem to suffer the same as the web browsing Resetting the modem does not seem to help The diagnostic report through windows troubleshooting says its a problem communicating with the DNS server The router receives dynamic IP and DNS information so I can t change anything there but I put some free dns servers on this computer s list instead of finding Constant DNS errors them automatically This did not help though This leads me to believe this is some networking communications issue not a problem with the DNS servers themselves I disabled DHT in Bittorrent but the problems still occur so I just have stopped using it Oddly enough when I open it on another computer I can still browse the internet on this one though the dns problems do become more frequent even when its open on another computer To emphasize Constant DNS errors the point though the problem occurs at seemingly random intervals regardless of what applications are running I am only noting bittorrent since it seems to trigger the problem very quickly From all of this it seems like there is a problem between the new modem and my network its just two routers with dhcp disabled hooking up wired computers throughout the house I would be very glad for someone elses input on the matter hopefully its a simple setting but could be a defective router or modem I suppose as well Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Constant DNS errors

Do you have the same problems is your pc is plugged directly into the modem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-dns-errors.182338/
Relevancy 22.79%

Occasionally I will get errors in my event viewer when I burn a music dvd or data disc. The errors are, device cdrom has a bad block and nvgts errors. If nvgts is to do with nvidia then what would that have to do with my dvd writer? I noticed after that dvd was made it had a cyclic redundancy check errors on it and it was a brand new disc. Also it gave me crc errors and the same errors in event viewer of cdrom and nvgts when trying to copy the disc contents to the hard drive. What I don't get is what would cause these errors when burning a disc and how did a brand new disc get crc errors? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank You!

A:Errors when burning discs

Replace it. Asus, LG, Lite-On, Samsung, Plextor, and Pioneer all have DVD-RW optical drives in the $18 to $30 price range. Why put up with a troublesome unit when they are so inexpensive.
Optical drives, DVD-Rw drives wear out quickly... depend on it to fail within a year, and if used a lot it can fail in five months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-when-burning-discs.177687/
Relevancy 29.67%

I was wondering if any of you had any idea what is going on with my computer In bios it has a whole list of keyboard errors that happen all the time errors mouse errors, disconnects, keyboard on-screen Keyboard When I am typing an quot s quot will type quot sasasasasasasasasasa quot forever a quot w quot will be quot wqwqwqwqwqwqwqwq quot and an quot x quot will type quot xzxzxzxzxzxzxzxz quot infinitely Even If i don t type anything it will repeat quot sasasasasasasasasasasasa quot I ve tried keyboards with the same problem happening and my Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors mouse randomly quits working and I have to unplug and replug it for it to work I have formatted my computer twice and still get the same problem so it s not a Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors virus It does it even in setup Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors Also even more annoying is the windows On-Screen keyboard I have to use to type as it has the SAME problem and even opens random windows and programs with certain letters At first I thought it was my USB controller going out but if it was then how come the windows On-Screen Keyboard still does this Any help would be amazing this is so damn annoying Have any of you heard of this Should I just get a new motherboard since it might be a bad controller of some sort nbsp

A:Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors

Have you updated your BIOS and drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-errors-mouse-disconnects-on-screen-keyboard-errors.176712/
Relevancy 22.79%

I with laptop errors Various Windows 7 own a TOSHIBA Various laptop errors with Windows 7 Satellite C D laptop with Windows and just recently a minor problem arose with it Usually when I hold down the FN key the available functions that correlate with the quot F quot keys appear at the top of the screen However that bar doesn t appear anymore I do know that the FN key still works though because I am able to adjust my computer s volume with it FN lowers it FN raises it I m just not really sure why it only works for volume and no longer causes the pop up to happen Additionally my mouse pad s scrolling feature has seemingly been disabled I discovered this the same time that I realized the FN key was acting up I can t drag my finger along the right side or bottom of the mouse pad to scroll through pages I also just realized that Ctrl Alt Del doesn t prompt the Task Manager to appear I am still able to go to Run- gt taskmgr and it pops up but no combination of my keyboard s Crtl Alt Del will open the Task Manager Ctrl still works however because I am able to open up new tabs in my browser with it Wait I m not done yet hahah this is the last problem I have come across The Shutdown button in my Start Menu doesn t respond I can click on it but nothing happens I can still shut it down by clicking on Hibernate and I m pretty sure that doing Run- gt shutdown -s -t will still work Hopefully I ll be able to find some help here I m sure and hoping that this is just a quick fix in the Control Panel that I m just unaware of I m able to bypass all of these annoyances but I still would rather not have to Thank you everyone P S I ran a full system scan with Norton and McAFee and both said my computer was clean nbsp

A:Various laptop errors with Windows 7

I hope you don't have both Norton and McAfee antivirus installed at the same time... Each of these programs separately, can easily "corrupt" Windows. If you have the option of reloading the OS fresh, I would recommend that you do this. Go with a free temp file cleaner and a free program like Microsoft Security Essentials to protect next time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/various-laptop-errors-with-windows-7.169096/
Relevancy 30.53%

I want to start with the fact that I m not ignorant when it comes to computers I bought and assembled my pc part by part A few days ago my pc started shutting down after playing for a while Not rebooting Shutting down I have come to the conclusion that it s definitely not a software problem It is curious to note that my hardware hasn t changed since the day I bought my pc a few years back Also the games that make the pc shut down never caused this before With software and hardware that hasn t changed in months suddenly my pc is overheating Curious Perhaps too much dust Maybe my hardware getting less efficient with need - source finding help Overheating age Who knows I only care about finding the source and fixing this I can t even play Minecraft for and hour anymore I installed SpeedFan and a label that-I-can t-do-anything-but-assume-it s-the-processor got around C while playing It was here that I realized I don t know anything about running temperatures Don t know if C is normal Other than that the program wasn t very useful Too many unnamed labels and apparently of my cores are below C I suspect the problem is either the processor the chipset or the PSU My pc ASUS P N-E SLI Intel Core Quad GHz GB DDR RAM x Geforce GT x assorted HDD s Cooler Master PSU can t remember right now but about w or more Never been overclocked Also it has no warranty anymore So I need good advice How can I find out the source of the overheating As a side Overheating - need help finding source note my PSU s internal cooler started making noises a few months ago I ve read this is due to dust and stuff Perhaps it s relevant nbsp

A:Overheating - need help finding source

Remove the CPU cooler-heatsink. Clean off all the dust and any other debris. Clean off the old thermal paste and apply a small amount of new paste. Then check the PC's operation

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-need-help-finding-source.165343/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi My CD burner Sony CRX E developed a problem where to files in the middle of a long burn get corrupted Thinking it might be a hardware problem I installed another CD burner Samsung SW S from a similar computer and tried different brands of blank CDs Sony HP and Phillips The burner program is RecordNow v In case a TSR program was diverting resources I booted with a minimum of startup programs I think - that is another problem disabled McAfee and had no other programs running One other thing might be relevant About weeks ago I had a malware problem that was fixed thank you Broni from Techspot and once booting from CD errors burn safe mode I hit the debug option by mistake Since then the OS choices has a second option that says quot Microsoft Windows Recovery CD burn errors Console do not select this debugger enabled quot I would appreciate your help because I am running out of both ideas and disks to experiment with Guy Dell Dimension XP SP nbsp

A:CD burn errors

Have you tried some different burning software?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burn-errors.161078/
Relevancy 21.93%

We've recently removed 2 printers from our network (a Konica and a HP). Whenever any user EXCEPT 'Administrator' logs in now, they get the below "Connect to Printer" error dialog box. I've made sure to remove the printer from Printers and Faxes, and even the drivers in 'Server Properties' (under the File menu in Printers and Faxes). They're all Windows XP SP3 and rebooted after removal of the drivers.

I even tried Bruce Sanderson's cleanup suggestion. To no avail.

Here's how the error dialog box looks:

---------------------------
Connect to Printer
Windows cannot connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server. For more information, click Help.
OK Help

I took a look at the suggested registry fix at this techspot discussion but I don't think it applies to our problem.

Anything else to try?

A:'Connect to Printer' errors on login after deleting network printers

I think every client with prior access to these printers will need to Delete Printer and as a Domain Admin, you will need to create the delete.script

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-to-printer-errors-on-login-after-deleting-network-printers.160517/
Relevancy 22.79%

Haf X Asus Rampage III Formula Core I - stock Cooler Master V CPU Cooler kits GB of G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL running in triple channel x Palit GB GTX in SLI Corsair TX watt PSU Windows Pro bit Well first off I m on my second build and I intend to OC My first build was nothing but making sure the Ram was clocked and timed according to specs and unlocking my BE s extra cores On this build all I ve been running is basic tasks and not much gaming on stock settings for several New rig: test stability errors Pre-OC'ing weeks I want to get a moderate overclock ghz on New rig: Pre-OC'ing stability test errors my i - would be nice for starters The overclocking guide I found said to make sure my system was stable at stock I m actually a little bit surprised I hadn t ran prime already When I realized I hadn t even downloaded prime I decided to do so and run it And to my surprise I get an error not mins into the blend test quot FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than Hardware failure detected consult stress txt file quot I ve never actually gotten an error from prime because my first build wasn t built for OC ing and pushing the hardware to its limits I m not actually quite sure where to go from here Any advice The blend test of prime says it tests the CPU and some Ram should I start to prepare myself mentally for RMA ing at least one component nbsp

A:New rig: Pre-OC'ing stability test errors

this could be a problem with your ram why you need 24GB is crazy to much of a chance of one of the sticks being bad i would try them all separate and see if you still get the error.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-rig-pre-ocing-stability-test-errors.159769/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just put together an core i7 950 in a MSI X58M Motherboard i connected the psu and hd and dvd burner. i turn on and everything powers up except the monitor. While trouble shooting i found out that I wouldn't get any error codes via beeps. I've trying to figure out how to get the error codes up so i can try and fix whats goin on. any help would be appreciated!! thanks!

p.s im a noob and i apologize of this is an easy fix.

[EDIT] msi motherboard dont always beep. there errors are indicated by the led lights. all my lights are on indicating that the system is booting up. now my only problem is getting the display to work

A:Mobo not reporting errors with no RAM installed

What graphics card did you install? If it has an external PCI-E power connector, is it connected to the PSU? Is the 8 pin ATX 12V connected to the motherboard?

What power supply are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-not-reporting-errors-with-no-ram-installed.156145/
Relevancy 22.36%

I take a lot of pictures and a significant portion of my workflow for processing them involves loading them onto my laptop organizing them into folders burning them onto a blank DVD as a back up and then transferring them to my main computer which I do all my editing on via the DVD I ve been doing this for the past with no problems up until now Starting a day or two whenever getting contents DVD-Rs to Suddenly desktop copying errors of ago I can t seem to copy the contents of any of my burned DVD-Rs to my computer without getting one Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop of these two error messages Error Copying File or Folder Cannot copy filename The request could not be performed because of an I O device error Click to expand -or- Error Copying File or Folder Cannot copy filename The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid Click to expand The copying process goes smoothly for the first or so gigs out of and the disc spinning can Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop be heard but then it goes silent and the copying goes much slower eventually stopping entirely and giving me one of those errors I googled both error Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop messages but couldn t find much that applied to my situation copying files from dvd-rs to a desktop and I m not sure what they mean or what to do about them Any help would be much appreciated Btw OS is Windows XP Pro SP nbsp

A:Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop

Either the discs/burns are bad or your DVD drive laser is having issues reading the discs. I would suggest trying a different optical drive and see if you have the same issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-getting-errors-whenever-copying-contents-of-dvd-rs-to-desktop.155638/
Relevancy 22.79%

I seem to be having a lot of problems with hard drives lately. I have the <windows root>\system 32\hal.dll error. Sometimes I can insert a winxp disk and go then go to the C:> prompt and copy this file from a mem. stick. Sometimes this works fine and then sometimes it won't.

It then has a Kernal load dll type error. I hate to pitch these hard drives if they can be fixed. Is there some type of utility, 'tool' or software that addresses this issue?

Thanks!

A:Hard drive errors

Nothing will repair a damaged drive but you can try and scan for bad sectors which may keep the drive from storing data there. Scan the drive with a diagnostic utility from whoever makes your drive and see if it detects any issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-errors.154901/
Relevancy 30.1%

Can some one teach me how to create a counter-strike source server or send me a link to a web page that teaches me, or maybe a video.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-a-counter-strike-source-server.154640/
Relevancy 30.53%

i just received teh 9800 gt in the mail 1024 mb pci-e. I was just looking for a power supply and noticed there isnt a slot for it. I found a spdif gnd cable which ive read is for digital sound? I would like some details if at all possible. and if i need to do anything special for my a8s-x mobo?

A:9800GT no power source needed?

is the 9800GT an ECO 'green version?
http://xtreview.com/addcomment-id-8383-view-Galaxy-GeForce-9800-GT-green-edition.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800gt-no-power-source-needed.154520/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have someone who is experiencing random connection problems on the clients such as slow or no connections to mapped network shares. Event id 10009 keeps being recorded in the domain controller logs.

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer MARK-PC.pmc.local using any of the configured protocols.

It has a range of different computer names within the same events. As far as DCOM is configured it's only setup to use TCP-IP.

Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard FE
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Clients:
24 XP Pro
2 Vista Pro
2 Vista Home (should they be using home in an environment like this?)

I have attached the last 256 logs from Application & System as of yesterday evening at around 5pm'ish. I've checked again this morning and looks like the same error has already been re-occurring.

Can anyone give me any suggestion as to where to go with this?

Thanks.

A:Event ID: 10009 DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computer name>

Extra Info

Sorry I forgot to also mention that the server is acting as a DHCP server and that there router has had DHCP disabled. Client PC'S are set to local static IP'S and are not actually set to obtain if this has any variance.

Thanks, David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-10009-dcom-was-unable-to-communicate-with-the-computer-computer-name.147932/
Relevancy 103.2%

I d posted in another part of techspot about a problem that it finally turned out was a slowly very slowly dying hard disk that I d had as my D drive for data and documents etc on an XP SP system gig memory Pentium GHz Not wanting to again be so vulnerable to losing my data I thought I d try a RAID configuration I went cheap yes in event viewer errors on copies RAID large and often a mistake I know with an Addonics ADSA PCI controller card that supported software RAID Once I got past the bad documentation - the installation guide started with the driver installation then the next step said quot do this part first if you re configuring RAID RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer quot and described a procedure where several things were to be installed BEFORE the card was - things never really got going smoothly I got RAID running and thought that for sake of ease I d just copy my data roughly gigs from the single drive that had it to the new RAID setup The old drive I had relettered to Q and the new array was D this was done before I configured RAID and formatted the new drives So I went to Q and selected all highlighting all top-level files and folders and their subcontents copied then went to D and pasted Every time I tried this within - minutes I d have a BSOD either a kernel stack or a kernel data inpage error The time it seemed to work best I d moved about gigs in some files So is that a problem with the RAID or with Windows and its copy function Obviously I don t typically copy that much data using copy and paste but I ve done it before without problems Ultimately I used an image of my data and restored that image onto D and all worked well And the computer has been stable now for almost hours since all this happened There ve been two exceptions One was that twice on restart XP has launched chkdsk on C my boot drive not the RAIDed data drive The first time this happened I d had to do a force restart after a lockup on a mass copy attempt so I could have accepted this becuase of the abnormal ending The second time though was after a smooth Windows restart that I did when installing some Windows updates a NET service pack that had been pushed to me after I had to install NET as part of the required RAID utility package that came with the controller card Since I m almost never asked to run chkdsk and when I am I usually understand why this bothers me The other is that I have gotten several event viewer errors related to the new RAID array A few were at a time when I had restarted Windows smooth and normal Windows restart and it went to the login screen fine and stayed that way overnight Others have occurred invisible to me when I m on the PC Here s the most recent one Event Type Error Event Source SiSRaid Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer XP Description The device Device Scsi SiSRaid did not respond within the timeout period For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data f h c a Is this stuff normal Should I be worried Pre-RAID I d go weeks usually but often months with no errors ever in my event viewer nbsp

A:RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer

So I went to Q:\ and selected all (highlighting all top-level files and folders, and their subcontents), copied, then went to D:\ and pasted.Click to expand...

Ouch! The technique of copy/paste is more likely to cause issues than anything else, especially on large size transfers.

Empty the Raid target
Select the top-level-folders
drag-n-drop onto the Raid Drive letter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-errors-on-large-copies-and-in-event-viewer.151764/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, when i load my pc up i get the following notification

I go into device manager and check my adapters and notice that they are not working

I am running windows 7 and i read somewhere Intel dont support these with compatible windows 7 drivers?

If thats the case what can i do? and what consequences can this have if both of them are not working?

A:Getting display errors

OK, you just can't stuff last months OS into a 6 year old PC and expect the drivers to be available. There is "Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor", available from M$, which would have told you not to do what you did, (install Win 7).

Now the board you're using has onboard graphics, as well as the Nvidia add-in card.
That has to be plugged into a standard PCI slot. So, how many graphics adapters do you want in the machine...?

Now, you can update the graphics driver from the links I provided in the other thread, or remove the add-in video card and replace it with a better PCI-E card, then install the latest driver for it.

Now, you're starting to ask the same question over and over, expecting a different answer, which is pointless.

With the Mickey Mouse BS you're trying with this old machine, if I were you, I'd be thankful it would still connect to the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-display-errors.147675/
Relevancy 22.79%

Whenever I plug in my USB device it wants to "scan and fix" but it still works if I just choose to continue. On the other hand the G drive which is for my SD card gives me errors of corruption. what shall i do about this?

A:SD card drive corrupton errors

Have you not tried reinstalling your flash drivers? im new here so im not very computer minded but thats what i would try first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sd-card-drive-corrupton-errors.146813/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm going to be using Acronis True Image Home 2010 to
burn a image rescue disk, whats the best iso & data software
burner with the least errors.

A:What's The Best ISO & Data CD Burner with The Least Errors?

Something like ImgBurn or Nero etc will be fine. Write errors usually happen from using inferior media and/or too high a burning speed. If you get good quality discs and burn at a slow rate the backup should write ok. I would verify the write if possible after the disc is completed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-iso-data-cd-burner-with-the-least-errors.143313/
Relevancy 33.54%

Last night our second family PC Blue Screened with an 0x4E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error which is a very strong indicator of corrupted memory.

Memory is Crucial Ballistix PC3200 (DDR 400) in a 4x512 (2 gigs) configuration in a socket 939 system Epox 9NPA+Ultra motherboard.

The specs on this memory are as follows: 2.8 voltage which the motherboard has it set at correctly as well as in 2T. The CAS is a designed 2-2-2-6 but mobo has it set at 3-4-4-8 which is probably due to the 4x512 configuration and 2T

Ran memtest and into the fifth PASS received 212 errors all in Test 5. I saw enough so I tested each stick individually for the minimum Passes of 7 and no errors on any of them even in test 5.

So I reinstalled all four sticks, checked the BIOS settings and ran Memtest again and in the very first PASS I received 20 errors in Test 5.

Any ideas?

A:4 Memory Sticks Installed = Errors; Individually Tested = Zero Errors

maybe i misread your testing method, but could it be a bad dimm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-memory-sticks-installed-errors-individually-tested-zero-errors.143057/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi All I desperately need ask for your help to solve my problems with an Iomega external HDD As 2.0 1 errors USB Iomega HDD GB it is right now I cannot use my brave new storage because 1 GB Iomega USB 2.0 HDD errors it simple does not work the way it is supposed to I 1 GB Iomega USB 2.0 HDD errors hope we can remedy this problem I ve recently purchased an TB Iomega Select Desktop Hard Drive PC Mac that connects with an USB port to my laptop I have formatted the drive to NTFS I have the following issues with the drive A When I m using the drive under Windows XP SP I encounter with the following problems I If I m downloading several files with torrent filesize lt MB and the download destination is the Iomega storage and the download speed is around - Megabytes sec after a some minutes not more than minutes Windows XP pops up the following Delayed Write error message quot Delayed Write Failed Windows was unable to save all the data for the file name of the file you want to save The data has been lost This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection Please try to save this file elsewhere quot Furthermore I cannot access the drive anymore after the error message The drive seems to be recognized but the folders seem to be empty If I restart the PC Windows does not recognize the drive connected The drive is recognized again if I disconnect and reconnect the power supply of the Iomega drive - I have tried disabling caching Windows setting for optimal performance and delayed disk write torrent client setting but no use The error still persists - I have tried using another USB cable but did not make any difference I still get the error message - I have tried all of the USB ports available on my laptop No use - I have connected the drive to an USB Hub DLink -Port Hi-Speed USB Hub but that does not make any difference either II If I m extracting large GB files e g with total commander on the Iomega Drive I get a quot Read Error quot message and the may fail The rest of the error symptoms are the same as described above This error occurs or times from tries Copying large files from the Iomega drive to my laptop s HDD works fine without error B When I m using the drive under Windows x I encounter with the following problems I If I m downloading several files with torrent filesize lt MB and the download destination is the Iomega storage and the download speed is around - Megabytes sec after a some minutes usually not more than minutes Windows hangs The mouse pointer freezes and I cannot do anything with the Operating System so I have to hard reset the computer The Iomega drive is not recognized afterwards and I must replug the power cable just as with A to get the drive recognized again Windows does not always hang up in case of downloading through torrent to the Iomega Drive I ve just seen another kind of error symptom which did not freeze my Operating System however the drive was unaccessible afterwards - quot Error The system cannot find the file specified quot error message from utorrent client during download In this case Windows can see the folders and SOME of my files on the drive but most of the folders are empty even those which have nothing to do with the torrent e g my documents folder The drive cannot be written quot scandisk-ed quot or unmounted files cannot be accessed or transferred not even those visible So the files seem to be there but actually they aren t After pulling out and plugging back the power cord of the storage Windows recognizes the drive and I can access my files The torrent download cannot be resumed not even after a windows restart storage drive power replug It says at the hash check that quot The system cannot find the file specified quot This may happen with completed downloads as well which I have been seeding for hours II Same as described under A I m using a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo L gw laptop Its specs are as follows Processor Manufacturer Intel Processor Type Celeron M... Read more

A:1 GB Iomega USB 2.0 HDD errors

Typically I would guess that the drive isn't getting enough power, but since it is a 1TB drive (and there currently aren't any laptop drives that size) that it is a regular full size external with its own power supply.

So given that, I would download SeaTools for Windows and run the short and long DST on it and see if it passes. You've tried the Windows settings I would have also suggested.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-gb-iomega-usb-2-0-hdd-errors.139258/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi For some time at least months I have had occasional and sometimes more frequent NTFS errors on one or more of my hard drives My system is an Asus P AD -E Premium mobo Ghz Intel P single core hyperthreading Gigs DDR Mhz RAM BFG NVidia GeForce GTX MB on PCIE WD GB SATA drive configured as SATA on Intel NTFS errors ICH R - Boot Drive bran-new drive Seagate GB SATA drive configured as SATA on Intel ICH R - Backup drive ea Seagate GB SATA configured as SATA on the SIl - more backup these drives are almost yrs old Windows Ultimate on WD GB partition Windows XP Pro on WD GB partition The error I get is the following The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume lt volume name gt This error began when running Windows XP pro I recently installed Windows keeping XP on another partition same physical disk so I have a dual-boot I still get the errors in Win When it started I had a RAID setup using GB SATA drives on the Intel ICH R controller and had an additional GB SATA drive connected as SATA not RAID on the SIl controller The error was always on NTFS errors the single SATA drive on the SIl Now I have the system configured as standard SATA On the Intel ICH R I have configured SATA NTFS errors as AHCI On this controller I have the WD GB bran-new drive which is the boot drive and the Seagate GB drive that is the same one I originally had on the SIl as SATA when I had the RAID system on the Intel ICH R Since it was the drive on the SIl that was always giving me the errors on the old setup and now I am having the same errors but on the new WD drive but with that same old Seagate drive connected to the same controller that the new WD is connected I am thinking perhaps this old Seagate drive is the trouble But would a problem on one SATA drive cause problems on other drives connected to the same controller The more I think about this the more inclined I am to replace the motherboard The system is nearly yrs old and I would really like to get something faster anyway But before I spend any money on another mobo I would like to know what is going on with this one and whether these errors are caused by a hardware glitch on the mobo the HDD or in my OS What do you think Thanks for any help on this issue FW nbsp

A:NTFS errors

first i would replace the sata cables,
2.) do a low level format on the hd, that is giveing u problems.
3.) if the problem still exist, then it may be the mobo.

Low level software = Free software = http://www.killdisk.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-errors.138412/
Relevancy 26.66%

My scanner used to work, but all I get is that error message:
"Cannot find default data source in the current directory"
Don't know what that means
Disk whereabouts is unknown

If it's a driver problem, all I see are references not going past Win2000. I have XP Home.

A:Artec ViewStation AM12E Scanner - "Cannot find default data source"

It may be time to invest in an all-in-one printer (Printer, Scanner, Fax) They are not that expensive any longer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/artec-viewstation-am12e-scanner-cannot-find-default-data-source.136875/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I bought myself a new laptop Acer Extensa some weeks ago The computer is great however when I try to play Counter Strike Source I have some minor problems The whole game is laggy and it freezes some times I have play d other games like Call of Duty Left Radeon Counter + Source Strike: HD 3650 Dead and Half Life on medium setup without any types of lagg but Counter Strike: Source + Radeon HD 3650 when I Counter Strike: Source + Radeon HD 3650 play CS S its as I said laggy and it freezes Counter Strike: Source + Radeon HD 3650 I have tried to update my graphics card fix the rates in the game disable firewalls and turn of any other programs that are quot big quot and that take much of the internet connection Also I have tried to reinstall Steam and CS S multiple times Currently I play the game with quot low quot graphic setup still laggs and freezes I dont know if it has anything to do with it but my DirectX version is Can also mention that my FPS is about - the ping is about - and the choke is at - while gameplay Here are some facts about the laptop Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack gigahertz Intel Core Duo ATI Mobility Radeon HD - Graphics Card Megabytes Usable Installed Memory I hope you guys can help me out Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Counter Strike: Source + Radeon HD 3650

Directx9 may have something to do with it depending on what the game is and what the operating system is. If you have Vista or Windows 7 and you're playing a game that supports other directx versions, then choosing a different directx MIGHT have something to do with it.

But since you're playing Counter Strike, I'd say not. CS is a very old game and it doesn't take much to run it these days anymore. Even a basic integrated graphics card can run it smoothly.

I don't know if you've checked it, but have you looked at the settings in your catalyst? Open up the ATI catalyst and check the settings. Force Vsync, Anti-Aliasing, Texture Filtering, check all of it. Some games are REALLY sensitive to what these are set to. Call of Duty 2 for example would sometimes crash depending on what settings I had turned on when I ran an ATI card. I'm willing to bet that a certain setting in there is screwing with your game.

There may also be a setting in the Counter Strike menu that's causing a screwup with your graphics card and causing it to be jerky like that. It may also have something to do with the servers you play on. Sometimes the location can cause major lag. But I doubt this is the case.

And as an aside, a computer with an HD 3650 could easily run Half Life 2, Call of Duty 4, and Left 4 Dead very easily on high settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/counter-strike-source-radeon-hd-3650.137252/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello I m new to this board but I have spent ages looking for information that might and gaming the Vista for - LAN issues the of XP source issue? what's help me to no avail I apologise if I ve missed it in my searching and I know this problem seems to crop up a lot But if you have any advice I d be most grateful I have two laptops one running Vista and one running XP We re trying to play a game we tried both Red Alert and Battle for Middle-earth II and we do have the most recent patches on both We realised there was an issue when XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? trying to play BFME II because we could see each other in the Lobby and when one typed a message it took about - seconds to show on the other s screen and one could create a game but when the other tried to join it it would say quot Failed Connection Timed Out quot So began our quest This is what we XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? have tried Checking our IP addresses are in the same range XP latest update and installation of LLTD Responder Vista latest update SP both have tried with Windows Firewalls turned off and on with exceptions including File amp Printer sharing and the specific games Turning off AVG Vista Network Discovery File Sharing both on with the network set to Private XP Network set to private Both have workgroup name quot WORKGROUP quot Logging into XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? our o Thomson TG v router and opening ports - as required for BFME II - although I ve done this according to step-by-step instructions when I use various online port scanning sites they all say that those ports are closed so if this is the issue I really need help in figuring out how to open the ports I ve logged in as SuperUser AND Administrator made a manual entry of the port range from - set to be open on both my Vista machine and the XP machine but this has made no difference I know it s still saved because when I log back in those ports are still there but for all the good it does Logged into the router and disabled the firewall I know a bit dodgy I re-enabled it as it didn t do any good anyhow Neither of us have an hidden firewalls that we might ve missed that are running as I only run AVG anti-virus Vista password protected sharing is turned off though I don t see how this is relevant anyhow as we re not trying to share files but to play a game On Vista I can see the XP machine in the Network and can access his public folders but on the Wireless Connection Network Map Vista is connected to the internet via the router and his XP is down at the bottom saying it could not be placed on the map We have also tried connecting directly to one another with an ethernet cable and this made no difference whatsoever other than that we had an quot unidentified quot LAN with limited connectivity but it didn t do any good from what I could see We are using dynamic IP addresses and I confess to not knowing much about IP addresses I wouldn t think we d need to set a static one to simply play a multi-player game which btw yes we do each have our own version installed We ve tried connecting each laptop directly to the router with cables directly to each other and obviously preferably just setting up a LAN through the wireless No matter what combination of these things we ve tried I haven t seen a difference One issue that I don t know if is normal or not is that when both machines are running the game we both automatically lose WiFi connection until we shut down the game completely Normal I don t know But it might help solve the issue If you have any suggestions please let me know I m pulling out my hair and every tech-friendly person I ve contacted that I know says quot well just make sure they both have the same workgroup name and that Network Discovery is turned on quot or quot turn off your firewalls quot as I suppose those are the most common mistakes but we ve tried that alre... Read more

A:XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue?

Bueller?

I guess I don't feel bad for not figuring it out - everyone I've talked to can only suggest the only standby "turn off your firewalls." Hmmmm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-and-vista-lan-issues-for-gaming-whats-the-source-of-the-issue.132695/
Relevancy 22.79%

Anyone any ideas on this -Com router with PCs connected to it neither of the PCs can access the internet despite them both showing messages that the internet connection errors access Internet is running These PCs both have fixed IP addresses although changing them to dynamic makes no difference A ping from the PC to say google com does not respond A ping to the router gateway address and other PCs on the network is fine I can access the router setup through the browser to the gateway IP address and the router diagnostics all show everything working fine - happy happy joy joy The router is connected to the ISP and will ping and resolve google com without error A third PC my laptop which I know works perfectly on my home network also fails to connect to the internet I have not yet reset the router as the client has lost his ADSL account password Grrreat I have not poked about with ports yet but it might be worth doing maybe Any ideas why the PCs cannot access the net nbsp

A:Internet access errors

You are an oldtimer, who knows the ropes... so...
Did it once work, or is this a new install?
Did it work on one PC?
Can you get back to a simpler setup when it did work, and start over from there?
I would start over with one router. Remove all your installed software for that router.
In essence, start over.
You have missed something simple and obvious. You will find it.
Sometimes it is easier and less time consuming to start over than to find and fix, as you know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-access-errors.132866/
Relevancy 103.2%

I m looking for some help please My computer was giving New of event HDD/XP lots gets stuck errors booting, viewer me lots of BSOD slowed stuck bootups and errors originated New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors from Device Harddisk D in my event viewer My hard drive failed generic long tests and had bad clusters so I got a new hard drive installed it New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors with XP and it was fine for a week Then my computer would boot New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors to a blank screen and wouldn t boot in safe mode So I yesterday reinstalled XP again and now it s staying on the XP loading screen but never actually loading Safe boot got stuck as soon as I went into event viewer I managed to get it to start up normally just now and I am seeing these errors in event viewer -Error event ID The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D -Warning event ID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation -Error event ID The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning That same error repeats only instead of DHiverCP NetBios it s DNS Client TCP IP Protocol Driver and IPSEC -Error event The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Aavmker AFD AmdK AsIO asuskbnt aswSP aswTdi Fips IPSec MRxSmb NetBIOS NetBT ohci RasAcd Rdbss Tcpip Does this appear to be a hardware issue or is there a problem with the copy of Windows I obtained I m so frustrated I almost want to buy a premade from Dell and forget about it My current system specs Asus M N-SLI Deluxe mobo AMD Athlon X GB Corsair -Pin DDR SDRAM Please help nbsp

A:New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors

It appears that you have a nice system, if you can get it back to normal.
We have to suspect other hardware, since two hard drives have similar symptoms... but you may have copied evil stuff from the one drive to the other. How did you transfer files? Or an infestation.
What did you use to scan your system for virus and spyware infestations?
Have you carefully checked your cables... or even tried replacing them temporarily?
Examine all sockets for dirt and debris, and clean your system thoroughly but carefully.
You may need to rule out some things that do not seem part of the problem... as it may be a long and slow process to figger out where the problem is... I would start, if the drive will work well enough, by running MemTest86 for four hours or seven passes, which ever is longer... or removing half the memory to test the other half, then switching.
We always suspect the cables first. They can fail and look good.
Any defective hardware part can cause problems elsewhere if the conditions are right... so I would begin by making a check list, then trading out everything on the list... video card, modem even if not used, ethernet connection or software, .
I would also try another drive and cable... any other drive, even using the first drive, fully reformatted and reinstalled with Windows and basic software....
Windows will not normally cause these of problem, but if you have scratches or smudges that would make it difficult to read, then you could theoretically introduce errors... unlikely though that is.
You could have an optical drive error that is not seeing the software properly.
But it is also possible that your Asus board, good as it is, has a defect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hdd-xp-gets-stuck-booting-lots-of-event-viewer-errors.131519/
Relevancy 22.36%

Weather I watch something on WMP or QT or watch YouTube, it all skips after like 10 seconds of playing. I thought that an additional 2gb of ram would help but it's only made other things quicker. I know everyone will jump to a video drivers solution but according to my page (I have an Acer 5520 Laptop Windows Vista basic) I have the latest drivers, can anyone think of anything else, java, flash, anything like that....its doing it for online streaming and some offline stuff too and it's really starting to depress me lol. Anyone have anything I can try, or what kind of info do you need from me,, thanx in advance, I appreciate it

A:Video errors, skips/buffers/lags

Are you running on wireless internet? Maybe with 1 or 2 other pc's in the house? The upgrade of ram at least got you performance boost, so good for you on that part.

What kind of connection are you running? Have you made sure you have updated java software installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-errors-skips-buffers-lags.130963/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I recently got a problem where my PC lags up and i need to restart it I found out that one of the RAM s were faulty I ve got x GB I removed the faulty one and tested those together with Memtest It ran for about - hrs Did passes It did not get any errors so I assumed it was ok Today after the PC had been on for about hrs straight it froze again I m testing the RAM again but it takes for ever Can it be that i need to run Memtest even longer than passes to find any errors Or does the problem lie somewhere else I read here in several posts that if I let memtest run passs I can be fairly sure that the RAM is not faulty Is this the case or can it still detect errors after or Memtest 7 Faulty passes RAM errors no not? gets after more passes I know or well I am sure that the slots are working as they should Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes What else can this be If it doesn t get errors after passes should i continue to let it test or should i look for the problem somewhere else nbsp

A:Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes

Can the lockup be caused by the RAM not getting enough voltage?

You see... I just relized... I had 2 CL5's and 2 CL4's... Now there is one CL5 and 2 CL4... Can this be the reason? THat the CL4 does not get enough voltage?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram-or-not-memtest-gets-no-errors-after-7-passes.129980/
Relevancy 22.79%

UPDATE After trying for months to figure this problem out and nearly throwing No errors Crash / Frequent the machine out the window I ve found the issue for certain It was the processor I received the replacement a week ago and haven t had a problem since Everything runs fast cool and without error Thanks to all who helped out UPDATE I ve been having a problem where my computer will freeze and just sit Frequent Crash / No errors there No errors no BSOD just frozen until I do a hard reset Upon reboot there are no indications of any errors there aren t any errors in any of the system logs and there aren t any logs in the minidump folder for windows I ve left the machine on for more than an hour and Frequent Crash / No errors it just sits there frozen System specs Windows XP SP Asus P N-D Nvidia GT x gb Corsair XMS DDR Memory Corsair HX Power Supply I believe it to be Frequent Crash / No errors one of the components causing the issue and would love some help on how to isolate the troublesome component Here s where I m at I thought it was the video card so I swapped it out with an ATI X I got another lockup I removed one of the sticks of RAM and placed it into another machine and that machine runs great No errors or lock ups Just to verify that the gt was good I placed it in the same machine as the RAM and it also runs like a champ So now I m stuck I ve been getting lockups in the machine for several months and they were getting progressively worse Something isn t working right Any suggestions nbsp

A:Frequent Crash / No errors

Put your memory back in and run Memtest86 from a boot floppy or cd if you don't have a floppy. Let it run for several hours on both sticks unless its obvious theres something wrong. If you get errors you might be able to RMA the ram, Corsair is really good about it, just copy down the error codes and go to there web site and make an RMA request. Sometimes bad ram gets out into the world and they know its coming back to them, so there really good about it. I once had two bad 512mb sticks or DDR they didn't even make anymore, so they sent me two 1gig sticks to replace them. Cool huh?

Oh, I forgot, you might want to go into the bios and set safe defaults and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-crash-no-errors.128163/
Relevancy 22.79%

a friend gave me a laptop and i was cleaning it up when it started randomly shutting off first i was doing a cleanup and it shut down during a malwarebytes scan then i rebooted and Laptop randomly shuts without errors off it finished Laptop randomly shuts off without errors then when installing avast right when it started coping files it would shut off when it shuts off its like your pulling the power out so there s no errors in the log or minidumps i tested the hard drive and its good i ran memtest and after about tested it shut off i tried each stick individually and in each slot and it shut off on every one of them then i tested the ram in another laptop and they passed i left the laptop on all night long and it was still on when i got up i m stumped all i can think of is blaming it on a bad memory controller but i think thats just an excuse that sounds good nbsp

A:Laptop randomly shuts off without errors

The laptop may be overheating. Are the CPU cooling vemts clean and free from dust? The laptop may have to be opened in order to clean the area well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-randomly-shuts-off-without-errors.127803/
Relevancy 31.39%

ok when i run the sticks of memory in my board memtest shuts down before it can even get to if i run them single they are fine got latest drivers and bios ok i forgot to add So and many memtest bsods errors errors and my buddy told me my PSU would be fine it is a antec tru power w i am running corsair dominator x g cm x - c d motherboard is Asus m a Deluxe evga xt mb video card now when i use cpu-id it says max bandiwdth at pc - mhz i think that program may not be reading it right not sure So many errors and bsods and memtest errors because i read i can run these sticks at if i just up volt to v any idea what could be the problem this is from event viewer Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer HAWAII Description Error code e parameter c parameter d e parameter b ba parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c d e c b b c a nbsp

A:So many errors and bsods and memtest errors

Try running it with one stick of memory. Do you get BSODs? Asus boards are quite well known about their pickiness about what RAN is used per board, the amount installed, and how it is configured.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/so-many-errors-and-bsods-and-memtest-errors.126139/
Relevancy 22.79%

I m not sure if this is the right forum section as I m new here so apologies if I m posting in the wrong place A few days ago I noticed that I had severe errors Kingston RAM on Memtest86+ Errors New in memtest I was running gb of unbranded ram on Asus A N -SLI DELUXE RAM was x GB DDR- DELTA says v on back of Memtest86+ Errors on New Kingston RAM them all three same make and model Always had problems with BSOD just that this was the first I ve had time to read about the cause and actually investigate it I tested all three sticks of Memtest86+ Errors on New Kingston RAM ram individually using memtest and testing them in different memory slots ALL OF THEM reported errors on test no matter what slot they were in We re talking errors minimum Well I thought it must be due to cheap RAM ordered Kingston which arrived this morning the exact same RAM model number as recommended on the mobo manual quot KVR X C A G It s not good news though I plugged in the two new sticks to the two brown slots and booted up in Memtest v mode As usual Test returns or so red errors and test returns another errors I usually switch off before test but I ve noticed it s stuck at test Test Pass and wont budge further My BIOS settings are defaulted as well Does anyone here have any idea what can be causing this My PC crashes sometimes times a day - Been looking in BIOS and can t see how or what to set the RAM voltages too etc as I an no expert in BIOS settings Any help would be hugely appreciated SCREENSHOT MEMTEST www dot limelites co uk memtest jpg SCREENSHOT BIOS MEMORY SETTINGS www dot limelites co uk memory settings bios jpg RAM DATASHEET www dot valueram com datasheets KVR X C A G pdf As you can see from the datasheet it doesn t say what settings I need to use for things like quot MemClock Mode quot quot Memclock Value quot quot MCT Training Mode quot quot CAS Latency CL quot quot TRAS quot quot TRP quot quot TRCD quot quot TRRD quot quot TRC quot quot TRFC quot quot TRWT quot quot MCT Extra Timing Mode quot quot TREF quot quot TWCL quot quot R W Queue Bypass Count quot quot Bypass Max quot quot Idle Cycle Limit quot quot Dynamic Idle Cycle Centre quot quot DDR Driving Strength quot quot User Config Mode quot quot Read Preamble quot quot Asyc Latency quot quot Burst Length quot quot Hardware Memory Hole quot The only one of these mentioned in datasheet is TRFC and datasheet says ns min whereas BIOS doesn t have this setting it has T to T Help me please nbsp

A:Memtest86+ Errors on New Kingston RAM

It can't be the RAM as I just removed three sticks, thinking it was the RAM and replaced it with two brand new Kingston sticks... Memtest shows the exact same errors... No way it can be all five sticks of RAM.

I'm thinking it must be something to do with BIOS settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memtest86-errors-on-new-kingston-ram.126005/
Relevancy 23.22%

This is my first pc build..

Will this motherboard, and psu fit in this case? Im pretty sure they are all atx form factor, but does this guarantee they will fit?

Motherboard:
Asrock ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2

PSU:
Antec TruePower Trio 550
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTIyNQ==

Case:
Antec Sonata Elite Gaming Case Tower
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTcyOQ==

Thanks for any replies

I figured it out after 9 hours research! The case is too small dammitt! oh well... please delete this thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-obvious-errors.125074/
Relevancy 23.22%

ello. I'm having just a spot o trouble here. When I try to run my games (Mount&Blade, Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, Medieval II TW, ect.) They give me an error message. when I ran DxDiag and test my Direct3D, it gives me the following errors.

First test: "Test Failed at step 8"(Creating 3D Device):Hresult=0x80004005(Generic failure)
Second test: "Test Failed at step 8"(Creating 3D Device):Hresult= 0x8876086c (Error code)"
Third Test: "Test Failed at step 8"(Creating 3D Device):Hresult= 0x8876086c (Error code)"

I've already re-installed Direct-x, my Driver, windows, yet nothing worked. what should I do?

Some specs.

AMD Athlon xp 2800+
2.09GHz. 768 MB of RAM

Windows XP home edition SP 3

ATI Radion X1300 pro.

A:Errors with Direct3D

Make sure you've downloaded and installed the correct 32-bit display drivers from ATI (Catalyst software). If you've already gone and completely reinstalled XP, with the same results, then either the graphics card or power supply may be at fault. How long have you had this video card and what are the specs of the PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-with-direct3d.124897/
Relevancy 30.1%

We need to repair a bunch of laptop power adapters, If you are aware of where to purchase the cables that can repair the line from the power transformer to the plug that goes into the socket in a recent HP or Compaq laptop, and some older British laptops no longer made. please advise.

We realize one needs to have soldering skills, but I am comfortable with that task. We need the type of cable that has a core, then a insulated outer line, then the woven cable that encircles it... and of course the rubberized outer sheath.

The recent HP power adapters with the pin instead of the yellow hole are failing at an incredible rate. HP charges $75 for them, and the Chinese ones take as long as 21 days to arrive... we need some cable for temporary quick fixes, and most cable is bulky and dangerous or damaging.

A:Source of Cable for Laptop Power Adapters

Just buy a universal power adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/source-of-cable-for-laptop-power-adapters.121934/
Relevancy 23.22%

I wasn t sure where errors Help with to put this so here it goes Hey all I have been experiencing some problems with my computer including hardlocks and BSOD s Here is my system and list of current problems AMD X Help with errors Windsor GHz Dual Core Processor Windows Vista Home Premium bit GB DDR Ram Abit KN -SLI Motherboard Nvidia GeForce NX GT PCI Express x Watt Cooler Master Power Supply Help with errors I have been experiencing blue fatal error crashes and mini-dumps shortly after the World of Warcraft patch and more recently now just whenever im gaming any game but never recieve them during web-surfing etc I recieve errors IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL TO x A and x E I have recieved a few others that are not coming to my memory at this time This is what I have done I flashed my bios and put them back to factory settings and I have also ran a registry booster and repair fixing all registry problems I hope that I had I also ran memtest as well as windows diagnostic memory tool and found no errors as well as ran each stick of memory independantly and found them to run fine I ran my driver check tool and have updated every driver I could find including SATA network connections BIOS CHIPSET etc I have done all this and still found no error to my computers ways If anyone has any ideas please PLEASE help me This computer is my st born expensive child and its ill and needs attention oh also I found on a forum for ABIT even thouogh my Motherboard is freaking not old its already discontinued which means I can t get any new drivers fixes for it could this maybe be the hardware failure one of the BSOD s is refering to Also if anyone knows how to deteremine what piece of hardware is causing my issue please let me know Sorry so lengthy if you can please read and respond nbsp

A:Help with errors

It's your graphics card that needs attention, not everything else. Have you updated Vista to SP1? Have you gone to the Nvidia support website and downloaded the latest driver from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-errors.115363/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello there 2.1 none? 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS -> (BSODs) BIOS I ve been (BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none? having unpredictable BSOD s ever since I built this computer They aren t very frequent but since I ve had two over days I want to track this problem down System specifications CPU Intel Core Quad Motherboard Gigabyte EP C-DS R RAM Corsair Dominator PC x Harddrive Seagate Barracuda gb GFX XFX GT PSU Corsair W The initial problem started just after I ran the computer I had a BSOD so I can Memtest to check for errors I got heaps of them so (BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none? I updated the BIOS and to my great surprise all the errors seeemed to have disappeared Afterwards I ran my computer and had few BSOD s a month Just yesterday I realized my RAM were running V so I bumped them to V as recommended but I got another BSOD today which was only shown for second and the computer restarted compared to my usual ones being constant Code BugCheck F bab d Probably caused by Unknown Image ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Old ones being Code BugCheck E c bfc f b bec b e Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp c Code BugCheck E c e d a fca Probably caused by ntkrpamp exe nt NtQueryPerformanceCounter Code BugCheck E c b fb e Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp c ab Now some of them point at the Nvidia driver After the first Nvidia BSOD I cleaned my drivers completely even Driver Cleaner Pro and updated to the newest drivers so I don t think it s a faulty driver problem It s very easy to conclude that it can be the GFX RAM motherboard CPU or PSU but seeing I can t afford to replace all this I need to find the exact culprit Thanks in advance - help is much appreciated nbsp

A:(BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none?

Update: Just today I noticed a faint "clicking" sound I believe is coming from the harddrive. It's probably just the usual sound of the harddrive, but it must've become louder since I can hear it.
Might a faulty harddrive be a part of it?

EDIT: For some reason this was only noticeable during the first 20-30 minutes of system uptime.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-bios-1-0-ram-errors-bios-2-1-none.114989/
Relevancy 22.79%

View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment errors Many BSOD bug related I have so many bugs that it s not funny and this is even after re-installing XP and above is just of the minidumps and the rest are on the second comment System Pentium MHz Windows XP Home Edition Version service pack NVIDIA Graphics card gb RAM gb Hardrive I have had my computer for a while and working fine One day my computer started restarting automatically when playing high graphic games or doing multimedia so I re-installed the computer but still the things happened I haven t checked hardware yet with functionality or dust but I am in the process I Many bug BSOD related errors have no tweaked settings such as overclocking and I have no options in removing caching or shadowing in the BIOS To view the bug number I set my system recovery to not restart so the blue screen of death appears I have updated all my hardware to the latest drivers I have not had because Microsoft suggests that there can be a related errors to this with hardware I have tried many stuff on the web and nothing has fixed this Anti-virus software can be a cause of this but disabling it has made no difference and it is the latest version of the legal Trend Micro Crashes also when playing UT I have also run Chkdsk f r on command prompt and the windows ram test and they have shown that the RAM and NTFS system is fine I have not checked the temperature of my CPU and Graphics card because I need suggestions on the right software to use to check this and I have tried RAM testing software and everything has been fine This weekend I will re-install my computer from scratch so I can try any suggestions Bugs x e xc xf b a xba fa x x x x f d x f f x ad The browser has forced an election on network Device NetBT Tcpip EFBFE - - B- E - B FB E F because a master browser was stopped Sourced from event viewer and I use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox Error code parameter parameter f d parameter f f parameter ad Sourced from event viewer think this happened when playing Warcraft III System Information CONFLICTS SHARING I O Port x - x F PCI bus I O Port x - x F Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF SIS Processor to AGP Controller I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce IRQ Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System IRQ SCSI RAID Host Controller Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF SIS Processor to AGP Controller Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce Memory Address xE - xE FFFFFF SIS Processor to AGP Controller Memory Address xE - xE FFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF SIS Processor to AGP Controller Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce I O Port x B - x BB SIS Processor to AGP Controller I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce I O x - x F PCI bus OK x - x F Direct memory access controller OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Programmable interrupt controller OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x System timer OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard OK x - x System speaker OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x System CMOS real time clock OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Direct memory access controller OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x F Direct memory access controller OK x A - x A Programmable interrupt controller OK x A - x BF Motherboard resources OK x C - x DF Direct memory access controller OK x E - x EF Motherboard resources OK x F - x FF Numeric data processor OK x - x Secondary IDE Channel OK x F - x F Primary IDE Channel OK x - x Standard Game Port OK x - x Standard Game Port OK x - x ISAPNP Read Data Port OK x - x ISAPNP Read Data Port OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x F - x FF Communications Port COM OK x - x MPU- Compatible MIDI Device OK x - x Secondary IDE Channel OK x - x F ECP Printer Port LPT OK x B - x BB SIS Processor to AGP Controller O... Read more

A:Many bug BSOD related errors

Try reloading your SIS motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's support website

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-bug-bsod-related-errors.114102/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok this computer s a few years memory screen errors, Blue troubleshooting old and last year I bought new ram for it and it worked fine for the past year or so Here s some Blue screen memory errors, troubleshooting info on the computer and the ram I m new so I can t post the actual link but the web address is below You ll have to copy and paste it h www hp com ewfrf wc document cc us amp docname c amp dlc en amp lc Blue screen memory errors, troubleshooting en amp jumpid reg R USEN N Crucial Ballistix PC ddr MB x part is BL Z on the modules but it doesn t appear on their website anymore Recently I started getting automatic restarts when I might be playing games or such I disabled those so I could see what the blue screens said and I ve seen varieties though past the error in general there wasn t anything to identify source of the error The errors are DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Troubleshooting I did some disk checks and scan disks from a recovery dos prompt and scanning at bootup I believe these did find and correct some errors but that didn t alleviate the problem so I thought maybe the ram was at fault I got a memtest boot CD made and it was detecting some errors on each slot but two seemed to have more than others so I removed those two ram dimms and tested again Errors still occurred but not in great frequency I realized when I switched the chips with the other ones I still got errors but again not with great frequency I began to wonder if I was doing things right and so I got Windows Memory Diagnostic and made a boot cd with that hoping it would be easier to interpret Windows Memory Diagnostic was simple enough it picked up fewer numbers of errors but I noticed that if I ran with all the chips in I got about errors failed tests in the extended test mode over hours - it keeps testing till you stop it I took out one module from the last slot and ran the tests again and got nothing in the first hours I thought maybe I identified the bad module so I stopped it and switched it with the memory module in its paired slot and ran it again I m getting no errors again If that module I switched back in were bad shouldn t it have created errors again I m beginning to wonder if the memory slot is dying Is it possible the the last memory slot is just dead dying and that the memory is fine nbsp

A:Blue screen memory errors, troubleshooting

What are your systems specs? Motherboard? OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-memory-errors-troubleshooting.113661/
Relevancy 30.53%

Anyone know a good source for finding pins, crimp tools, etc. for these sorts of wires? I am assuming that most USB, Firewire, and other MB connector blocks are using this standard. I need to make some custom harnesses. Thanks for any help.

A:Good Source for .100 and .093 pins/jumpers?

Try here:
http://www.mouser.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-source-for-100-and-093-pins-jumpers.112007/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all I m new to this forum and really need some help with a problem I keep errors screen/Read Blue getting with my brand new system I keep getting a blue screen error randomly maybe once every couple of days IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x A x x x x E The other thing i ve noticed is that whenever I copy things to my hard drive install a game or download programs i keep getting errors saying files are corrupt or cannot be found Even if i install a game from the original CD which i know works on another computer it fails For instance i installed Call Of duty four skipping the files it could install and when i try Blue screen/Read errors to load some levels it Blue screen/Read errors fails while others its fine I m not sure if these would be linked i would assume they are I have dump files but when i downloaded the debugger from microsoft the installer told me one of the cab files from the download are corrupt I ve also done several formats and tried RAID the same trouble occur My best guess is that the RAM is too fast or too substantial for XP to handle and when the drivers and windows were installed there were errors Here is my new computers specs CPU Q Intel quad RAM x GB DDR Mhz G-Skill Mobo Asus P Q Deluxe Wi-fi Graphics Nvidia GT Gigabyte HDD X GB Sata seagate Case Antec Sonata W Op System XP Pro with SP If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated Thank You Chris nbsp

A:Blue screen/Read errors

using XP 64 bits or 32 bits?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-read-errors.112789/
Relevancy 22.79%

I've been getting blue screen errors a lot for the last month or so. Driving me a little crazy to be honest. Would anyone mind taking a look at the attatched minidumps to see what might be wrong?

mobo: msi p6n diamond
processor: intel core 2 duo e4600
graphics card: nvidia gforce 880gt

A:Recurring Blue Screen Errors

Inside the 4 MiniDumps:

First Minidump, could not be read

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8054b0ba, b6bb0ba4, 0}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8054bfd2, b53a6350, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8054b168, b60bf430, 0}
Probably caused by : Pool_CorruptionClick to expand...

Please Run Memtest for 7 Passes on your Ram

Confirm all Motherboard (Computer's) Drivers are up to date

Remove any Virtual Software (like virtual Drives) Sometimes even certain AntiVirus softwares can cause these issues

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recurring-blue-screen-errors.111637/
Relevancy 21.93%

Troubleshoot XP File Printer Sharing Part of Network Access Errors v Windows File and File Access Errors Printer and Sharing Troubleshoot XP Guide: Printer Sharing Guide: Troubleshoot XP File and Printer Sharing Access Errors FPS must be configured for a mix-and-match of machines components options This guide helps troubleshoot XP File Sharing visibility and access problemsVisibility Errors Some of your computers can t see find all others on your Windows Network Access Errors A user can t connect to or is denied from using a remote resource This guide has parts Part troubleshoots most visibility issues Part explains troubleshoots Computer Browser Service which may also cause visibility issues Part this post troubleshoots access errors NOTES Windows FPS access may simply work but if not there are many variables involved This is my best shot at pulling what I know of them together but your results may vary This guide is XP specific tho many things to look for apply to Vista as well OVERVIEW File Sharing Authentication and AcccessFile Sharing uses a client server model to control shared access User logs on to their computer client and requests a resource on server The server request includes the user s credentials userid and password Server authenticates client credentials and checks them against system policies Once client completes a network logon to server a session is established Logon account privileges apply A single computer can be both a client and server if it requests resources of others while offering its own XP provides two methods of file sharing gt Simple File Sharing SFS and Classic File Sharing CFS gt XP Home only allows SFS XP Pro allows choice of either gt Click for illustrated basic examples of SFS Setup and CFS Setup XP file sharing uses two authentication methods Guest Authentication Server authenticates everyone as Guest regardless of userid It checks policy for Guest logon rights and attempts logon using id Guest and the password found in credentials more on Guest On success Guest account privileges apply Authentication fails if Guest account disabled Server policy denies Guest or anonymous net logon Guest account is password protected and credentials don t match the password User Authentication Server authenticates on a per-user basis It checks user logon right and attempts logon with user s credentials On success logon account privileges apply Authentication fails if Server policy denies userid net logon No server account matches id password credentials Server account has no password when server policy requires one CHECKLIST gt Verify each item value is value to assign for testing Restore current value once all works gt Create a View Workgroups shortcut In Explorer rt click MyNetworkPlaces- gt Explore- gt Entire Network Drag Microsoft Windows Network to Desktop Open to view workgroupsSystem SettingsVerify clients see all servers On each computer click View Workgroups shortcut gt If all servers aren t visibile must fix networking visibility issues before proceeding Stop frequent system logon On each computer Open Explorer click Tools- gt Folder Options- gt View gt Scroll to Automatically Search for NetworkFolders Uncheck User Account Settings If you re restricting access by gt Userid server must use CFS Users require accounts on both client and server with matching id password gt Guest SFS or CFS if server Guest account is password protected clients must send matching passwords gt For initial testing will be easier if no passwords on user or Guest accountsActivate every account net user xxxx active yes where xxxx is a userid or Guest Set matching passwords Initially no passwords gt Enter control userpasswords gt Select user click Reset Password Enter password Hit Enter for no password Policy SettingsUser Logon Policies Guest must have network logon rights Download Win Resource Kit Use ntrights to grant or revoke logon rights Works on all versions XP and VistaSet logon rights for Guest and Everyone Copy pas... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/guide-troubleshoot-xp-file-and-printer-sharing-access-errors.111495/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey just seeing if anyone can give me any further advice here. While playing some video games my computer has been crashing recently. I'm getting the Mini081608-01.dmp and sysdata.xml errors. I've tried updating, rolling back, and cleaning the drivers to no avail. I've done all the anti-virus scans as well as other spyware, trojans, worms, etc. scans. The video card is an ATI Radeon 9600 Series. I'm pretty sure the video card is just done, but I was hoping someone might know something I've missed. Thanks in advance!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-mini081608-01-dmp-and-sysdata-xml-errors.110526/
Relevancy 21.93%

Well, my problem is a strange but persistent one. It appears my PC WILL boot and start but right after the microsoft loading bar, the monitor goes pitch black and stays off and I'm not sure if the PC is on but it lights up as if it were but won't do a thing.

Now, I've tried everything Vista has to cure this (Startup Repair could not diagnose ANY problems). What is the deal here?

Any help, especially quick and urgent would be appreciated as I NEED this laptop for work,

A:Compaq Presario F700 w/ Vista boot errors?

Hi

your monitor isnt supporting the refresh rate or screen size selected, you will need to start in safe mode and set it to 640X480 and then reboot back into normal mode.

If this doesnt cure it start it safe mode and use device manager to remove the video card, reboot and let Vista refind it, you may need to update the driver.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-f700-w-vista-boot-errors.106883/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a lap top computer that is set up to my home computer. It used to be able to print but it all of a sudden stopped printing and the error message says... windows cannot printy due to a problem with the current printer setup. Try one of the following *check the printer by priniting a test page from windows (which when tried it comes up with this error message...printer properties cannot be displayed. The prin spooler is not running)
*make sure the printer is turned on * reinstall the printer driver (again when this was done the print spooler not running came up)

I have been told it a possible print spooler corruption, becasue when you go to the area where you can stop and start print spooler it is already on and says it is started.

HELP Please I need this for my school work
Thanks

A:Printing errors specifically printer spooler not running

Did you try restarting it anyway under Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then Services and Print Spooler. My setup requires this about once per year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-errors-specifically-printer-spooler-not-running.71178/
Relevancy 23.22%

We have been getting an annoying issue for awhile now when users log in. They will get a series of SoundMax error messages that pop up in a row. The messages are:f

Soundmax, Error extracting support files.
Access is denied.
Setup failed to run installation.
The system cannot find the specified file.

We are using HP desktops and laptops running windowx xp sp2. I have searched all over and not found any reference to these errors. Has anyone else seen this and have a solution to it?

A:SoundMax errors

Go to the HP Support website and donwload and install the latest audio driver for the laptops model. You might consider updating XP to SP3. It is available from the Windows (Microsoft) Update site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-errors.106475/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi All;

From time to time on my XP Home SP2 machine I get a "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." warning.

I've read the MS Help and Support info, do not have a virus or malware as was suggested in the article and I tried the cmd line: netstat -no proceedure to no avail.

It's not the end of the world and my dsl has no other issues.

I can live with it, but wonder you know of a work-around.

Certainly appreciate any help.

A:Tcpip Warning in Event Viewer/System

Concurrent Session usually are found in your browser or a Torrent client application.
Limits on them are imposed to ensure your system does not drown and lockup due
to excessive connections from ONE application.

Reaching the limit is non-fatal; ie the programs should continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tcpip-warning-in-event-viewer-system.106349/
Relevancy 53.32%

My problem started when I upgraded my computer to an Intel C2D, 2GB Corsair DDR2 Memory, Windows XP Pro, two Liteon LH-20A1S SATA DVDRW's, EVGA nForce680i video and Viewsonic flat screen all running on a EVGA NF680i S775 Mother Board.

Sometimes the machine freezes, sometimes not. The error message is: Source: atapi, Type Error Event ID 9, Description: "The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort7, did not respond within the timeout period". (At times I get Event 15 error)

I suspect it has something to do with the two Liteon DVDRW's I have.

Would anyone know if this is a known problem? I have the latest video drivers.

Thanks,

Alex

A:Atapi Error Event ID 9 freezes computer

do you have a good driver? Did you update the drivers recently? If so roll back to the previous working driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atapi-error-event-id-9-freezes-computer.89407/
Relevancy 30.96%

Ok looking at my rig i should have a good FPS in source based games (the older ones HL2, CSS etc etc)

CPU: Intel celeron 2.60Ghz Overclocked to 2.9ghz
Ram: 1GB DDR
GPU: Nividia GeForce 6600 LE 256MB
Anything else you need just ask

But whenever i play i get a FPS of 15 max and ive tried re-installing HL2 to various config files to lowering the dxlevel and nothing ever seems to work so help please

A:Bad FPS in source games

I think i posted this in the wrong bored

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-fps-in-source-games.104473/
Relevancy 22.79%

Well, this is the 2nd hard drive I have put on my new computer, and it is having the same problems as the first. It tends to make an odd clicking noise, followed by a hum, as if it is turning on and off continuously. These noises are normally accompanied by the computer "skipping." It would freeze for a while, and recover itself. I have also been getting the unmountable boot volume blue screen when trying to boot windows. Using the repair console is not working, gets stuck at around 50% with the chkdsk /r command. An earlier 250 GB hard drive was having similar problems, except when it would click, it would simply crash. I am beginning to think that this is more of a motherboard problem than simply bad luck with hard drives. I have a MSI KT4V mainboard.

Any suggestions or ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unmountable-boot-volume-and-other-errors.103504/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello, I have a one-two year old Compaq Presario and it has stopped receiving power a couple of months ago. The battery currently doesn't work. I took it in to Micro Center, and they saudered the power port. That fixed the problem temporarily, but, two months later it stopped recieving power. I would really like to get some stuff off the hardrive, but to do that I would have to give power to the laptop. So my question to everyone is, is there any alternate way I can give the laptop power? One more thing, the power cord works perfectly.

A:Compaq laptop wont power, I need an alternate power source

Same problem here

I am having the same problem with my Presario Laptop x1015.

I sent it in for repair once, but it is happening again and I can't find my receipt so they won't honor the warentee. Bought it last Feb. Funny thing is that Compaq told me that this is
not a common problem and tried to blame me!!!!

If you know of an alternate source please reply or email [email protected]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-laptop-wont-power-i-need-an-alternate-power-source.18279/
Relevancy 22.79%

My system is pretty ok for the games i run I mostly play rpg like world of warcraft and occasinally counter strike So the problem started around last week I shut off my system like i always do at night and wake up the next morning I start up world of warcraft play it for about - min then it sunddenly closes I get this error from a program i use called xfire its a IM program with Restarts errors Computer used for gaming So i turn off xfire and restart world of warcraft I play for another - min then Computer Restarts with errors i get the windows Computer Restarts with errors error saying that wow exe has encountered a problem So i once again start it up and - min later my computer just shuts off This happens every time i play a game it either starts off with a error then shuts down Or my computer just restarts Im pretty sure its not over heating becuase my temps look fine and ive never had a over heating problem before This sometimes happens when im watching vidoes on firefox also Please help with this situation with any advice Thanks nbsp

A:Computer Restarts with errors

No i dont get the blue screen
and im not sure if it is malware
i scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot and it seems to be fine
my specs are :

Intel pentuim 4 2.6~2.7 ghz
2 Corsair 512mb ( 1g) ram
Raptor 160gb 10000rpm hard drive ( i think )
ATI radeon 9550 256mb AGP
MSI 7060 motherboard
Creative sound blaster live 24bit sound card

The error says Microsoft has encountered a problem with WoW.exe or watevr game im playing , and then the options are send or dont send error. After that my computer just restarts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-with-errors.101627/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I Just bought css and a new laptop. The game is studdering and spitting even with low graphics... what the hell is going on? Can anyone give me some advice??

A:Help with counter strike source glitching..

I think the next step would be...umm... detail specs of your laptop? Unless you want to ship it to me. I'll have a look at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-counter-strike-source-glitching.99176/
Relevancy 53.32%

My desktop is a Dell Dimension c and lately I couldn t start Dimesion 4600c Event Thermal Dell it The orange light on the power button is blinking and nothing happens when I press it And at times when it would power on I get a previous shutdown due to thermal event message until recently it wouldn t start anymore Most of the times it wouldn t start is probably because of the air conditioner The air blows directly to Dell Dimesion 4600c Thermal Event the computer and it gets real cold So last time when it won t start I had to use a hairdryer to heat it up or put it out in the sun But that doesn t seem to work anymore So my question is is something wrong with the fan or the power supply P s I don t know if this is the place to post this I really don t take care of my computer so let s forget about that Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated my location is Malaysia and the average room temperature is degrees celcius nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimesion-4600c-thermal-event.98806/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi , i am running a windows server 2k3 with sp2 and server is getting rebooted with event id 1001 :The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003, 0xe0872e04, 0xf187f9c4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020808-03.dmp.

and also i am getting event id 1003 : Error code 1000008e, parameter1 80000003, parameter2 e0872e04, parameter3 f1aff9c4, parameter4 00000000.

in the logs may this also be related to same issue.
Could anyone help me figuring out the cause of this. whether it is due to any driver or hardware failure. I am also attaching a dump files along with the thread.
Pls help me with the resolution asap. thanks

A:Event ID 1001: server rebooting from bugcheck

Pls reply asap i need help urgently thanks

I need to get it resolve very soon . pls help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-1001-server-rebooting-from-bugcheck.98680/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello again I had a disk problem last week I started to get disk error messages about disk which is I think the hd with winxp on it My pc froze and I had to restart several times Later the same day I started to get error messages about disk as well which is my second hd Also I was using a trial copy of eset internet security which started failures disk paging Hard and errors to give error messages too Then I noticed that one of the svchost processes running was using - of my processor which caused my pc to lock down after a while I didn t know what caused it all so I wiped c and did a clean install of winxp and later I did that with the first partition of my second hd as well Everything went well for a few days A colleauge of mine gave me a copy of Norton Internet Security which has a days trial period so I installed that one instead of eset But since yesterday my problems have Hard disk failures and paging errors returned Disk is doing fine now but disk seems to be malfunctioning The second partition on which I had a lot of important Hard disk failures and paging errors files is not accessible anymore but also the first partition which I formatted last week and which was almost empty since then is giving error messages in the event viewer The message I keep getting is that there was an error during a paging operation on disk I am very puzzled How could two disks break down at almost the exact same time What was going on with svchost If I had a virus how did it come back after I wiped c clean and reinstalled windows I never visit suspicious sites or anything so except if someone is hacking my pc it shouldn t be virus related But if it is my hd s I don t understand what could cause them both to break down or at least to malfunction They re both about six months old I do use them A LOT for image and especially video processing but still I have another hd which is two years old and still performs perfectly I used the western digital hard disk tool and both disks came out fine from the tests There are no other problems with my system If anyone could help I would appreciate it alot nbsp

A:Hard disk failures and paging errors

I'm thinking like everyone else, Motherboard; HDD data cables and Power Supply. Basically hardware.

Mind you, a virus can remain, if you didn't remove the partition also.

But, can you attach all your System Specs to your Profile

If this is a proprietory computer (HP, Dell others) Instead of writing in the motherboard name, better to put the computer's make and model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-failures-and-paging-errors.98481/
Relevancy 23.22%

Anyone any ideas what might cause an immense number of disk errors It errors Disk all started yesterday I was downloading a shareware version of a dvd-authoring program and moving some movie files from my camera to my pc through usb I Disk errors was planning to make a dvd out of them and I was typing a letter to a friend with outlook I got bored and started to play a game not a very new game but still one which asks for quite some resources My pc hang and I thought the game caused it so I restarted my pc I was a bit worried that I had overtasked my pc transferring my files was finished I lost no files thankfully so I unplugged my camera from my system the shareware I was downloading was gone probably somewhere in temp file or something but I decided to leave it at that and did not restart the game again This error still happened four times since yesterday the first time including I tried a disk check of my first hd which all error messages are from and where my windows is but two times I got this error halfway Also the last time to which the screenshot belongs I had atapi errors which as far as I know have to do with dvd-roms So any ideas what might be causing this The error messages say I should check my cable but there can be nothing wrong with the cable cause right after the error when I restart everything works again Still I checked the cables and didn t see anything weird Maybe my motherboard is dying Some memory issue Cause one of the error messages say that something went wrong while paging memory Don t know what that means tho All messages refer to hd which is my first hd no messages about the two other hd s Also all messages refer to a controller error I m guessing this is my motherboard My system is now about year and or months old but I had a new mobo about half a year ago I use my pc very intensively I guess I have three hd s and a dvd-r and dvd-rw so the usual stuff amd athlon dual core gb memory winxp pro etc Any ideas are welcome And sadly I don t have a warranty for my pc anymore Oh by the way only the first time this error occurred and I did a reboot I had the following bsod blue screen of death STOP XOOOOOO E with a lot more numbers and codes I was so surprised because for a few months now I didn t have a single problem with my pc which is a miracle in itself nbsp

A:Disk errors

Uhm.. The most obvious? The disk is bad. Please test it with the diagnostics utility provided by the HD maker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-errors.97998/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello everyone Please bear with me me as it s the first time I ve Errors And Various BSOD ever posted on a forum before I bought my PC in parts at xmas amp my dad put it together for me straight away I started having probs with it blue screening It turned out it was the hard drive which was duly swapped and upgraded to a Seagate one BTW my specs are available to look at if I ve set it up right So I finally recieved the computer back last Fri Jan I installed a few things and updated the graphics card driver over the my dad installed that came with the card then I used ASUS Smart Doctor to O C the GPU from to MHz and the memory from to then I tried COD and there were were squares all over BSOD And Various Errors the screen with little dots in them I tried Bioshock and that was even worse with mad coloured blocks all over aswell as the squares w dots But it doesn t normally crash during the games But when I tried playing certain AVI s it would BSOD So I reformatted amp reinstalled amp it s now playing the AVI s fine but the games are the same amp tonight I tried playing DEUS EX with CPU Killer as it plays fast It did BSOD s in a row Also the icons for nearly everything have gone to the default icon when windows doesn BSOD And Various Errors t know what opens it even most of the shortcuts in Control Panel At the moment I can t take the GPU back and also I m worried that I might of done it but my other card XFX GT O Ced a lot more than that and it s still going fine but in my sons PC who doesn t live with me so I m not able to try it in mine I was wondering if anyone would be good enough to have a look at the minidump files I ve attached aswell as the pic of the screenshot at the beginning of Bioshock and tell me what they think it seems funny that components have broke in the same PC in less than weeks I was wondering if something else might be wrong say the PSU which is a W one BTW or the memory To be honest I don t see how I can be this unlucky I ve owned PC s for Yrs now and nothing had ever gone wrong Anyway thanks in advance I d appreciate any info or suggestions P S I m sorry if I ve been a bit long winded amp maybe not explained myself very well but this is my st attempt at this so could someone please at least reply and let me know if I m on the right track nbsp

A:BSOD And Various Errors

Update ASUS Smartdoctor, this has stopped it crashing before. Set the video card back to stock speeds. Post any new minidumps after doing this.

BugCheck 10000050, {9e2263d1, 0, 8052a8cc, 0}
Probably caused by : EIO.sys ( EIO+1b6e ) <-- ASUS Smartdoctor.
b0b82000 b0b85000 EIO EIO.sys Wed Jun 14 14:44:28 2006 (448FA23C)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-various-errors.97865/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello everyone Please bear with me me as it s the first time I ve ever posted on a forum before I bought my PC in parts at xmas amp my dad put it together for me Straight away I started having probs with it blue screening It turned out it was the hard drive which was duly swapped and upgraded to a Seagate one BTW my specs are available to look at if I ve set it up right So I finally recieved the computer back last Fri Jan I installed a few things and updated the graphics card driver over the my dad installed that came with the card then I used ASUS Smart Doctor to O C the GPU from to MHz and the memory from to then I tried COD and there were were squares all over the screen with little dots in them I tried Bioshock and that was even worse with mad coloured blocks all over aswell as the squares w dots But it doesn t normally crash during the games But when I tried playing certain AVI s it would BSOD So I reformatted amp reinstalled amp it s now playing the AVI s fine Errors And Various BSOD but the games are the same amp tonight I tried playing DEUS EX with CPU Killer as it plays fast normally It did BSOD s in a row At the moment I can t take the GPU back and also I m worried that BSOD And Various Errors I might of done it BSOD And Various Errors amp have to pay to have them tell me that but my other card XFX GT O Ced a lot more than that and it s still going fine but in my sons PC who doesn t live with me so I m not able to try it in mine I was wondering if anyone would be good enough to have a look at the minidump files I ve attached aswell as the pic of the screenshot at the beginning of Bioshock and tell me what they think it seems funny that components have broke in the same PC in less than weeks I was wondering if something else might be wrong say the PSU which is a W one BTW or the memory To be honest I don t see how I can be this unlucky I ve owned PC s for Yrs now and nothing had ever gone wrong hardware wise Anyway thanks in advance I d appreciate any info or suggestions nbsp

A:BSOD And Various Errors

Double post, please refer to this post in replying (posted with attachments)

In replying to your own post, use Edit instead of reply.
Also do not create more than one post for the same issue

----------------------

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-various-errors.97867/
Relevancy 22.79%

While installing Windows XP on an old notebook of mine on every try - i would error on random files that couldn t just on almost errors all RAM? BUT sectors... replaced Memtest Bad I it.. copy over So I suspected bad RAM Ran memtest and Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all sectors... BUT I just replaced it.. it racked up errors like crazy and eventually crashed with loud beeping flashing different colors with the character quot a quot printed all over the screen I figured the entire ram Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all sectors... BUT I just replaced it.. module was just totally bad and dead so finally today I go out and buy a new stick same specs try to install XP again this time i get a bsod stop error somewhere in it saying something about ACPI or something i didn t catch it and haven t been able to recreate the error none the less just to check i ran memtest again and i start racking up errors from the Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all sectors... BUT I just replaced it.. start already at by mb what could be the problem i tried both slots edit a little info about the notebook got it for free from someone old broked i wanted to fix it it says its an Alienware i don t know what model exactly i think it s manufactured by someone else though it s some generic Notebook D P model A i don t know what that means or remember how i found any of that out i don t know much about the machine but i figure this problem is irrelevant it s a p mhz and both the old and current ram modules are kingston MB ddr mhz edit the error on xp setup was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA nbsp

A:Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all sectors... BUT I just replaced it..

you could have a bad ram slot or the mobo is shot. Also check your CMOS battery. You may require professional replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-ram-memtest-errors-on-almost-all-sectors-but-i-just-replaced-it.97796/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi all I ve been having some problems lately with my computer The whole quot memory cannot be read quot or quot memory cannot be written quot style error had been coming up intermittitly on my computer for a while but after a reformat it errors" read irritating be Really cannot "memory s been Really irritating "memory cannot be read errors" worse As for can see from the screen shot iTunes refuses to load as does an unrelated iPod program And StrongDC crashes when it closes I originally thought it was a ram problem and so tested Really irritating "memory cannot be read errors" my two sticks of ram with both Really irritating "memory cannot be read errors" Memtest and Microsofts own ramtesting program Well the microsoft program found nothing and neither did the memtest program Until i selected quot BIOS - ALL quot in the scanning options then it went off Funny thing is if it s a bios problem when i tested the sticks one by one only one of them gave me the errors Fair enough i thought and left the stick out of my computer whilst booting Tried programs again No dice Still have the errors One site suggested that this can be a problem with the Geforce series of cards so i updated my drivers and again no dice It was at this point i got fed up put my other mb stick in my computer and gave up It doesn t seem to be a ram issue because as i said the issue is still around even on the quot good quot stick of ram according to memtest it s good It s not a H D issue either cause i tried installing Itunes on my Archive drive to test that theory So i m lost Any suggestions guys EDIT If it helps at all the computer was slow when running a MATS ram test on these ram address ranges - de - fff Computer Info Athlon Xp x Kingston Valuram Ram Gefore fx x g Boot drive x g Sata Archive Drive Windows XP Pro SP Patched to July Latest Direct X Detonator and MoBo Drivers nbsp

A:Really irritating "memory cannot be read errors"

what brand and chipset is the mobo? Do you have the latest available bios? it is possible that it is a Mobo problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-irritating-memory-cannot-be-read-errors.55653/
Relevancy 22.79%

hey guys I have recently attempted overclocking with my PC specs below and am E6600 errors 0x00000050 and now unable to use Windows which comes up with the Blue Screen Error message x see below for further details after about seconds in E6600 and 0x00000050 errors Windows every time I start-up Error Message x xFFFF FF X X A A X CPU E ghz cooled with Zalman cnps Ram gigs mhz Video card gefore one gb and one gb harddrive rpm Motherboard Gigabyte p -ds OS Windows xp SP As I said before i recently dabbled in a small amount of over-clocking I got up to ghz before giving up and returning the system to factory settings Is it possible that this is the cause of the error When over-clocking I did not exceeded degrees as measured by Microsoft s DTS TAT and Everest I have E6600 and 0x00000050 errors tried swapping the RAM with other RAM modules however this has not helped I E6600 and 0x00000050 errors have also followed the Advice on the official Microsoft page regarding error x and reinstalled Windows both of which have not helped Are you able to give me further details about the source of this error or possible troubleshooting Your help is much appreciated nbsp

A:E6600 and 0x00000050 errors

Have you reset the BIOS on the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e6600-and-0x00000050-errors.96992/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey there i bought myself weeks ago an gb emtec usb flash-drive but i m having some problems now i don t understand Ok so i use it just to storage music because it s for my cars radio I started it using first under suse copying on it a music folder from another stick I ve Errors usb flash drive partitioning/using been experiencing some reading problems on the radio i use Errors partitioning/using usb flash drive an Errors partitioning/using usb flash drive external usb-reading-device connected to it and it sometimes got stuck reading out whats on it Besides on the computer i ve tried to delete what is on it to store more music and at first it copies well but when i try to play those moreorless files i only get to see folder copied and only about a files When i stick it in the computer to see what wrong i see the storage capacity of ALL files i copied used but when i open it i see that i only have folder and half of the files are not the new ones i copied but like or copies of or files all the same I get errors deleting them on windows as well as on Suse I ve tried to format it but it doesn t solve anything I ve tried to delete and to create a new partition with fdisk on suse but i don t manage to write it to the partition table since i get an error i don t know what to do with quot Command m for help w The partition table has been altered Calling ioctl to re-read partition table WARNING Re-reading the partition table failed with error Invalid argument The kernel still uses the old table The new table will be used at the next reboot quot Can anybody help me out with this Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Errors partitioning/using usb flash drive

the story goes...

Since my computer crashed the other day when i tried to fix my non-working mobile phone cable touching the metal pins with a metal piece while being conected (d'oh!! - i know), i thought that maybe my mobo could have got any damage, so i tried to copy the files from a laptop but i get the same stupid problem.
I've run the "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool" and "dskchkr32" with no luck.

What can i do?

P.S.: I kinda remember having to delete 4 partitions when having seen only 1 with "fdisk -L" when re-partitioning it on Suse; Maybe that could be a problem or maybe the solution...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-partitioning-using-usb-flash-drive.95379/
Relevancy 30.53%

Anybody know a good video card I can run source well with thats pci and around 75 dollars?

A:Good video card for cs source?

the only good PCI cards are from the geforce 6 series. the 6200 is pci, but i don't know how "well" it will run CS:S. the good news is, it's pretty much the best PCI card out there, and i know it runs COD4 and unreal tournament fairly well. and it's only 50 bucks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130289

if i were you i'd pick one up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-video-card-for-cs-source.95196/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi can anyone of you help....

Recently when i start my computer it will automatically reboot and under computer management i see the error....

It will usually reboot twice and perform well after tt..it's very irritating

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 7c6b142c, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80544bea.

A:Error, Event ID: 1003, Category: (102)

Computer hardware specs please!
How can we help you if we don't know what you have? Think about it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-event-id-1003-category-102.92296/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey, recently me and my friends have been thinking about building a CSS server, and we were just wondering what you guys thought would be the best hardware setup in general, such as how much RAM, what speed for the components, dual core vs. quad, intel vs. AMD, what mobo, etc. Also, do i need to get specific server components, such as server memory, a server power supply, or a server motherboard? And last, do I want 2 physical cores, or just a dual core processor? Thanks!
p.s. Also, anyone know how to make a CSS server cracked?

A:Counter Stike Source Server

I personally would get about 4k DDR 2 Ram and nforce SLI LT mobo since i is designed for SLI but it is still very effective for servers .. so ive read. and get Core Duo QUAD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/counter-stike-source-server.91744/
Relevancy 22.79%

Well the motherboard on my other computer is pretty much dead now happened allot sooner than I expected too and I haven t gotten very far in building my new computer yet in fact I have none of the parts yet So I am using my backup computer now and I guess it is pretty old a few years at least but it is all I have for now Herein lies the problem my backup computer has been showing the Blue Screen of Death - times per day and freezing about as frequently I only thought to bring the error codes here on the most resent occurrence when I got two back to back and the big problem is that if this computer dies too I have no computer to replace it with at least not for a little while the entire message before the code is as follows Windows An error has occurred To continue Press Enter to return to windows or Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart your computer Frequent on backup computer errors my If you do this you will lose any unsaved information in all open applications gt gt ERROR CODE HERE lt Frequent errors on my backup computer lt Press any key to continue and the two codes I know have been in that message are Error D AEFD C Error A C This is a Windows ME computer and the only non-standard parts are the RAM which as far as I know are good and firmly in place and the power supply It is a pretty old IBM as I got it from a friend who had it for a few years Frequent errors on my backup computer before he gave it to me Apparently it only goes up to bit color which always acts weird so I use bit instead and a resolution of x it is the built in video it is one of those horizontal type cases that you normally place the monitor on top of just so you know about what it looks like If you want anymore info I will try to find it if I can though you might need to inform me on where to look nbsp

A:Frequent errors on my backup computer

I just got four more blue-screen errors, never the same code, but same message, one I missed while grabbing my pen, because I accidentally hit [F9]
they are:
0D:3D70:C19FE1C0
0D:0100:00000000
06:0207:00000359

EDIT: ok, are any hardware parts messing up, if so, what, so I know what to toss into the dumpster tomorrow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-errors-on-my-backup-computer.89525/
Relevancy 22.79%

So I downloaded a copy of Ubuntu and before I went to go install it there was an option to run Memtest so I thought sure why not It is version So It was running through and by the time it got to test I started seeing lots of errors like in the hundreds I am now in test seven and there is over errors And I dont think this is a good thing When I built Over Memtest86 1100 Errors? my machine about a year ago I put x Gb sticks in it PC Mhz and I have Memtest86 Over 1100 Errors? never had a Memtest86 Over 1100 Errors? problem installing anything About a week ago I bought another x Gb sticks for my Memtest86 Over 1100 Errors? computer again PC Mhz and installed them It showed up in XP that I only had Gb of RAM installed and I went around and did some reading alot of people said they had this problem with XP So i thought nothing of it And that when I upgrade to Vista very soon I will be able to see all Gb being in use So I downloaded a copy of Ubuntu and I thought I would try it out So I burnt the image to a disc and thats when I thought I would try the Memtest thing So thats my problem I am just wondering about all the errors I hope someone can help me Ok so its been running for an hour now on test and I have errors so far P S I tryed hitting escape to end it and it wont quit the memtest how long is this going to take and if I just shut my computer off manually holding down the power button will this ruin my RAM at all nbsp

A:Memtest86 Over 1100 Errors?

any errors with memtest are not good. Did you read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html

shutting off in the middle of a test is harmless.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memtest86-over-1100-errors.89030/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi i have a problem with my harddrive it keeps getting errors all the time and as i ran disk check it deleted loads of index entry files here is a list of some it deleted

deleting index entry top header support(1) jpg in $130 of file 18354
deleting index entry sata 2 (1).gif in index $130 of file 18364

there is loads more that it deleted is this a normal thing or is it serious ?

many thanks for the help

A:Hardrive errors

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It`s possible you have a failing hard drive.

Backup your important data ASAP.

Download and run the hard drive diagnostic utility from your hard drive manufacturers website.

If you can`t find it, take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardrive-errors.88763/
Relevancy 53.32%

My thoughts regarding Barcelona AMD Launch Event TechSpot news: the recent AMD Barcelona launch Feel free to flame me if you wish just as long as you do it nicely As Intel seems to get all of the good press regarding both desktop and server CPUs these days AMD threw an official Barcelona shindig last night in San Francisco Calif The event which took place at two buildings in the San Francisco Presidio District focused on Barcelona AMD s first quad-core server processor Although I was unable to attend the event due to prior personal TechSpot news: AMD Barcelona Launch Event engagements several friends and colleagues who made it to the Letterman Digital Arts Center told me that it was an absolute blast Along with it being a rather interesting event the official unveiling of Barcelona most likely helped give AMD a nice morale boost the company desperately needs Even though early benchmarks indicate the numbers are a bit unimpressive a GHz version is definitely in the works Numerous hardware vendor executives were present to discuss the great things AMD is doing while carefully avoiding any direct pokes at Intel Sun Microsystems showed a U -core AMD Barcelona server - the company last week unveiled a -core Intel Tigerton version Pricing of the products Ars Technica has the scoop During an event at the Westin S F hotel earlier in the day AMD officials were on-hand to discuss some of the company s plans for the future AMD CEO Hector Ruiz unexpectedly stopped by to visit with everyone in the room - much to the delight of the handful of selected bloggers present He took the time to answer a couple of questions from the bloggers journalist present though it appeared everyone in the room was hesitant to ask him the hard questions Speaking about AMD marketing or lack there of Ruiz admitted that AMD has a bit of work to do in that department - especially compared to Intel No one thinking logically expects AMD to suddenly take back major ground on Intel but the unveiling of Barcelona is a step in the right direction Considering I own both AMD and Intel processors I just want the companies to compete fairly with one another Here are some assorted links for your enjoyment Quad-core is here and now Barcelona vs Intel Clovertown and Tigerton AnandTech hardware preview TG Daily linkage The potential of Barcelona Thoughts Cheers Michael Hatamoto nbsp

A:TechSpot news: AMD Barcelona Launch Event

Here are a couple more links:

Making progress
Nothing like something from The Inq!
Not a savior?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/techspot-news-amd-barcelona-launch-event.86716/
Relevancy 53.32%

I installed the XVid Play Won't Wav and Event System Sounds Files player for Windows XP Home the other day and it hung during installation so I had to restart my computer All of a sudden I don t have any more system sounds and I can t play wav or midi files I tried doing a system restore but of System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play course none of my restore points allow me to roll my computer back to that date Then I tried troubleshooting it through Windows Support no go I removed and reinstalled my sound card and drivers Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live and installed all the codecs I could find still System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play no dice Here s the kicker I can play MP s through WinAmp and video with sound through Windows Media Player but I can t play wav files or midi files Whenever I go into Sounds and Audio Devices and highlight an event sound the play button remains dimmed If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue short of formatting my HD and reinstalling Windows I would be very appreciative Losing patience quickly -Eric nbsp

A:System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play

In the sounds and audio control panel is your sound card registered as the preferred device for playback ? What is listed in the MIDI box ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-event-sounds-and-wav-files-wont-play.42351/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello!

Today I looked through the Event Manager Utility of Windows XP and I've seen this error there, about 15 times.

The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, has a bad block.

Event 7.

Does this mean that I have a bad on my HDD or could it be some error, like windows can't read a corrupted file?
Thank you!

A:The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, has a bad block. - Event 7 in Event Manger.

Backing it up and reformatting it may help. Before that, error check it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-device-device-harddisk2-d-has-a-bad-block-event-7-in-event-manger.86166/
Relevancy 22.79%

I Properly Installed the actual Card but when installing it with the cd an error comes up that says "Unable to Complete Instaltion, try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA Driver before setup" any ideas

A:ATI Radeon X1650Pro Errors =(

well now adding to my problems when i wiped it all and re installed the card there is no display after i boot and the "helpful" manual says my chipset drivers are not properly installed, how do i fix this!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-x1650pro-errors.85366/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys, i really need some help with my new laptop,

Its a core duo 2.0 ghz, 2gb ,224MB Shared Intel GMA 950

Like i think thats enough, its brand spankin new i got it two days ago and i cant run counterstrike source, my FPS is at 10 and it doesnt make sense, my ping is super low around 20-30, and it doesnt help anything when i change the resolution. I've tried the widescreen with high res, high detail, or low detail, i've tried everything. But i dunno where to go now, if you guys could help me that would be great. I was reading something on another post about restarting your cmos or soemthing like that, but i have no clue what that is. Im not bad with computers, just not great. Thanks guys

all the help will be greatly appreciated

A:Having trouble with brand new laptop and FPS on CS SOURCE

Intel GMA 950 integrated video is terrible. That would be the problem no matter what.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-with-brand-new-laptop-and-fps-on-cs-source.84938/