Windows Support Forum

Can I Upgrade Samsung rv510 to HDMI???

Q: Can I Upgrade Samsung rv510 to HDMI???

The Samsung rv510 laptop I have has a rubber plug blocking the HDMI port.
I assume it's because they use the "Case/Shell" for multiple models and this one does not come with it.
My questions:.... Are these built into the mobo or is there a Video card I could replace inside?
I'm assuming it's onboard in which case I will need to get a VGA+3.5mm audio to HDMI adapter in order to make this work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-samsung-rv510-to-hdmi.209619/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can I Upgrade Samsung rv510 to HDMI???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.99%

Can i upgrade the processor (celeron 2.13ghz) on my RV510?
If i can, what processor should i upgrade it to?

A:Samsung RV510

A simple rule with laptops is never to buy one with the plan to upgrade it. Aside from the trouble, the cost of trying to perform upgrades on motherboards is usually not as effective as simply buying a new faster laptop. Remember to recycle. Sorry if that is not the answer you were hoping for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219066-samsung-rv510.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a Samsung RV Windows bit and Samsung Sound on a RV510 Working Not my sound is not working The sound icon in the notification bar shows an x next to it When I click it a window pops up saying playing audio detecting problems When I open device manager and expand sound Sound Not Working on a Samsung RV510 video and game controllers it says Realtek High Definition Audio is there Nothing in device manager says it needs attention or whatever I tried restarting clearing temp temp and prefetch folders I also tried uninstalling and deleting the driver for Realtek High Definition Audio then scanned for hardware changes The computer detected the built in speakers and installed a driver and said I need to restart so I did and still the issue is not fixed When I go to control panel and sound it says speakers Realtek High Definition Audio default device then click properties and go to SRS Technology it will not let me enable it After I check the box then hit ok and reopen up the box it's unchecked again I recently scanned using spybot and malwarebytes' and they didn't find anything plus my computer isn't having any other issues just the sound I looked on the Samsung website for the drivers and tried downloading and installing them but they don't seem to be helping and I don't know which RV my computer is When I go to http www samsung com us support downloads and type in rv it lists the following RV -A Notebook NP-RV -A US RV -A Notebook NP-RV -A US RV -A Notebook NP-RV -A US RV -A Notebook NP-RV -A US I'm not sure which one is mine how do I find out How do I make it so the built in speakers will go back to working How do I make it so srs will work again To see more details please see the image screenshot I attached

A:Sound Not Working on a Samsung RV510

The driver you want is a Realtek.  Double click on Realtek as shown in the Device Manager picture, click on the  Driver tab.  This will list the driver version.

I would suggest downloading this driver from the manufacturer's website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488693/sound-not-working-on-a-samsung-rv510/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all,

Having some problems with my samsung RV510.

Basically the laptop will work fine for the first 10 mins it is on then its like the mouse pad button is stuck down it just highlights everything then eventually stops the left and right click from working.

I have disasembled the laptop as i was going to replace the whole touchpad and buttons but the left and right click are soldered to the board so that was the end of that.

The touchpad functions fine but due to the laptop thinking left click is held down perm it wont let me click , anymore ideas ?

Also tried it in safemode and it was the same and this is what lead me towards the thought of a new touchpad.

Next stage was to reformat , any ideas ? :S

Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] Samsung RV510 Touchpad problem

Hi Dom29,

Try re-installing the touchpad drivers if possible. See if this step will alleviate the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-samsung-rv510-touchpad-problem-741345.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello First I just wanted to say thank you for potentially helping me with this problem I've had this laptop for about years now with little to no issues I use Avast Antivirus and Laptop Abnormal - Behavior RV510 From Samsung regularly run scans as well as Malware Bytes whenever I start to suspect something might be off Sometimes my computer will get sluggish though it's usually because I haven't restarted it in a while Closing the lid leaves to hibernation mode instead of shut down and the probably will normally be fixed after running ccleaner restarting and running ccleaner again Lately Abnormal Behavior From Laptop - Samsung RV510 however my computer has been freezing up everything loads at a snails Abnormal Behavior From Laptop - Samsung RV510 pace and my usual tactics haven't been working for very long it slows down again after an hour or two versus days or even weeks later I haven't done much different to it lately except there is one thing I've been noticing I uninstalled the Opera browser easily months back but when I run ccleaner it shows that it's cleaning out information from Opera as well as the usual Firefox and Chrome every time I don't know if that means anything significant but I figured it was worth sharing Please help me out I'm open to any and all advice

A:Abnormal Behavior From Laptop - Samsung RV510

You could try to use task manager (Press CTRL+Alt+Del) to check what's taking the most out of your computer. If I were you, I would also uninstall bloatware and programs you aren't using. On Windows computers, bloatware tend to fill up the computers hard drive after some time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544478/abnormal-behavior-from-laptop-samsung-rv510/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi All So I came home from work to a 'Windows Update has failed reverting changes' screen Left it overnight it got stuck at 'Shutting down' so I rebooted it to find the can't RV510) Windows problem update with (Samsung monitor external failed, solve same 'Windows Update has failed' screen Having googled a few solutions Windows update failed, can't solve problem with external monitor (Samsung RV510) it seems like there's a few ways to circumvent this problem but they all seem to involve booting in Safe Mode My problem is that my laptop screen is broken so I'm forced to use an Windows update failed, can't solve problem with external monitor (Samsung RV510) external monitor which doesn't display any content which would allow me to boot in safe mode I've read that Fn F should be able Windows update failed, can't solve problem with external monitor (Samsung RV510) to switch output to my external monitor it doesn't Here's where it gets interesting My laptop screen was removed very crudely read pulled off and so the cable which connected the GPU to the screen is still attached to its original position inside the laptop Is this preventing me from seeing the boot menus on my external monitor If not are there any inventive solutions for me to be able to circumvent this Windows update failure screen I've read about unattended install discs so I might have to look into that as a last resort Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567143/windows-update-failed-cant-solve-problem-with-external-monitor-samsung-rv510/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, Last week i did a upgrade on my Inspiron 15R SE(7520) with a SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB, and now i'm intending to buy one msata Samsung EVO 850 500GB, But i would like to do a RAID 0 with those two "drives", So is that possible? Will it work and have a gain of performance?
Sorry for my bad english, i'm still learning.
My Specs (Inspiron 15R SE (7520)
Intel Core i7 3632QM
8GB ram 1600Mhz
Primary: SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB
msata: 32GB MZMPC032HBCD
Secondary: Seagate ST1000LM024  5400RPM 1TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995462
Relevancy 57.19%

I need to know if the HDMI motherboard in a 60" Samsung Plasma TV can be used in a Sony Bravia 52" TV. The motherboard in my Sony died and I have access to one in a Samsung Plasma that's screen cracked.

A:Is a 60" Samsung Plasma HDMI motherboard compatible with a 52" Sony Bravia HDMI motherboard.

No, it would not be, in the past I had to repair a tv for a friend that had his board shorted that was an LCD Sony Bravia 52 Inch and its board was very specific as with all Sony Products. The Boards on the TV's are the hearts and the companies that built them don't allow for parts to be interchanged easily. Your best bet is ebay and finding the part number to find a board, that's how I got the one I used to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-60-samsung-plasma-hdmi-motherboard-compatible-with-a-52-sony-bravia-hdmi-motherboard.193309/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Series 9 laptop, an external Samsung Monitor 2494 LW & Samsung HDMI to VGA adapter. It was working , laptop now doesn't recognize the monitor - do the $40 adapters fail?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-hdmi-to-vga-adapter.196053/
Relevancy 56.76%

hey plse tell me

which samsung full hd monitor with hdmi is best choice?

A:Best Samsung Screen with HDMI?

It's actually a personal choice, you need to visit some stores and check yourself the quality of pictures and texts.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38064-best-samsung-screen-hdmi.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hey plse tell me

which samsung full hd monitor with hdmi is best choice?

A:Best Samsung Screen with HDMI?

It's actually a personal choice, you need to visit some stores and check yourself the quality of pictures and texts.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38064-best-samsung-screen-hdmi.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I have searched many threads and tried many things to solve this problem but my limited computer skills are beginning to show I have recently Upgraded my Samsung Q Laptop from Windows Vista to Windows and have had limited success with the HDMI At first the HDMI video worked but the audio although saying it was - Audio HDMI Samsung Q320 working was not sending audio to my TV I have rolled back drivers looked for updated drivers etc and am now not able to even get the icon for the HDMI audio to come up on the Volume panel It used to before I started troubleshooting Now when I connect my HDMI the video works but in Audio setup it says that the HDMI audio is not connected I have attempted to make it my default sound card but the option is greyed out I am starting to go insane as I do not know what I am doing wrong I have tried the connection from startup Samsung Q320 - HDMI Audio etc and no matter what it Samsung Q320 - HDMI Audio is not working Thanks for your suggestions I appreciate it alot Samsung Q320 - HDMI Audio

A:Samsung Q320 - HDMI Audio

mortron, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Had a quick look here,

Q320 performance 13.4" - Q320 - Notebooks - mobile computing | SAMSUNG

and it looks like Samsung has most, if not all the necessary drivers for that laptop for Windows 7. I also had a look at the HDMI driver and it is nothing more than an audio driver from Nvidia to enable the HDMI audio on their video cards that support it. One thing to try instead of the drivers from Samsung is the latest directly from Nvidia,

NVIDIA DRIVERS 260.99 WHQL

which should also have the necessary audio driver in it (if you try it make sure to not install the 3D Vision driver if offered, it isn't needed and that video card isn't strong enough to make use of it even if you had the 3D Vision kit). If that one doesn't work you can try using Nvidia's auto scanner/updater for it,

Notebook Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/135061-samsung-q320-hdmi-audio.html
Relevancy 56.33%

The WARNING IS Samsung Monitors DO NOT WORK under HDMI with all Graphics Cards To say I am disappointed with the Samsung Monitor I purchased recently is a warning hdmi monitor lcd / Samsung gross understatement but in Samsung lcd monitor / hdmi warning order to keep my post free of bad language disappointed will have to do I have a Samsung LCD B H Model LS PUHKFW XM When I purchased the Monitor it did not come with an HDMI cable I can see why now I bought one but the HDMI connection would not work I spoke with Samsung Service and they said it was the HDMI cable I bought another HDMI Cable an expessive BELKIN HDMI cable and it still did not work So I took the Monitor back to Samsung Service Centre they had it a while and said it was repaired but did not even have the facility to test a HDMI Monitor with the computers at the service desk I got the Monitor home and guess what It still did not work As Samsung Malaysia PJ seem incapable of testing HDMI Monitors I returned the Monitor to the vendor ALL-IT Hypermarket Sdn Bhd Ikano Power Centre yesterday Great Company by-the-way ALTHOUGH THEY ESTIMATE SAMSUNG WILL TAKE WEEKS TO GET MY MONITOR BACK At least ALL-IT had the facility to test the Monitor They tried it with my PC HDMI did not work they tried it with their PC and it worked They changed the Graphics card in my PC HDMI still did not work they tried my PC with another HDMI Monitor and it worked All they seem to be able to prove is the HDMI connection of a Samsung B H does not work with an ASUS ATI Radeon EAH Graphics Card neither will it work with an ASUS ATI Graphics Card Chatting with other Service guy s it quickly became clear Samsung LCD Monitors are plagued with HDMI compatability issues LZ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-lcd-monitor-hdmi-warning.933709/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi So I have tried everything I update the drivers for both my graphics cards and they are both the latest drivers When I connect my TV to my laptop the TV screen goes blank for a few seconds normal and then I get a searching for signals and then a few minutes later no signal The laptop is a brand new Acer aspire v nitro The TV is a laptop to output my HDMI TV. Samsung No my from much older Samsung one inch LED Model No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV. number ua d br I tried the usual Windows p etc but like my computer just refuses to detect the display Settings says no other display detected and control panel display settings only shows one display I factory reset the TV and everything still nothing I don't know how to use nvidia control panel to do this cos there is no display options I can see there and Intel HD graphics center doesn't detect the display either Any suggestions The cable is working and so is the TV I don't really have any other way of testing the HDMI port on my laptop as the tv is the only output monitor I have Thanks in advance Vishwas

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/45923-no-hdmi-output-my-laptop-my-samsung-tv.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi So I have tried everything I update the drivers for both my graphics cards and they from No Samsung TV. HDMI my to my output laptop are both the latest drivers When I connect my TV to my laptop the TV screen goes blank for a few seconds normal and then I get a searching for signals and then a few minutes later no signal The laptop is a brand new Acer aspire v nitro The TV is a much older Samsung one inch LED Model number ua d br I tried the usual Windows p etc but like my computer just No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV. refuses to detect the display Settings says no other display detected and control panel display settings only shows one display I factory reset the TV and everything still nothing I don't know how to use nvidia control panel to do this cos there is no display options I can see there and Intel HD graphics center doesn't detect the display either No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV. Any suggestions The cable is working and so is the TV I don't really have any other way of testing the HDMI port on my laptop as the tv is the only output monitor I have Thanks in advance Vishwas

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/45923-no-hdmi-output-my-laptop-my-samsung-tv.html
Relevancy 56.33%

The sound was working on my SAMSUNG and I was trying to temporarily disable it, so I would not distrub my housemates.... So I clicked "disable" on the control panel Sounds gaget, thinking this would temporarily turn it off, like it does within the Networks gaget (I turn off wireless at work, and network port at home).

Well it did not temporarily disable it, it deleted it from the system. I have managed to get it to see the HDMI TV at 1080p resolution, but sounds
don't work on the TV since I clicked disable.

I have tried every setting on the control panel, such as sound devices, graphics, displays, tried the "find a device" all to no avail. How do I enable the sound for the samsung?

TIA, Rhino

A:24" samsung HDMI and sound

I would try to reinstall the driver for the Samsung, assuming there is one. There might also be a separate driver for the Samsung's sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/23963-24-samsung-hdmi-sound.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi  Hoping someone can assist, I have a spectre x360 connected to a Samsung Smart TV via HDMI.  Screen is recognised OK as the laptop screen flickers when plgging in, problem is that the TV screen suddenly goes blank (black) for no apparent reason then reappears, again for no obvious reason. Tried various different cables and different HDMI ports on TV and all behave the same, this doesn't occur at all when using other laptops connected to the TV using same cables.  Doesn;t appear to be cable led either as wiggling cable and therefore port doesn't seem to affect either the black out or reappearance ? Help !  

A:Spectre x360 - Samsung HDMI

Hi there @BaffledA,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I understand that the HDMI from your HP Spectre x360 Notebook PC to your Samsung TV is not working properly.  Did you receive any error messages?Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device? Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting:  Using correct HDMI cable for your HDMI deviceSetting HDMI sound outputTroubleshooting specific HDMI issuesCould you please run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter first. The troubleshooter will help find and fix HDMI issues.  Type troubleshooting in the search bar.Select Troubleshooting.Select View all on the top left corner.Click on Hardware and Devices.Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.Check if the issue persists.Please also try to: Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Update Driver Software.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Also, you could try to: Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Uninstall.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the model number of your Spectre x360 Notebook PC.  Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-Samsung-HDMI/td-p/5594750
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently had to upgrade my HP Elitebook 820 G1 to Windows 10 and since then the connection to my Samsung TV (UE55HU7200) via HDMI cable it is not working anymore. I purchased the original HP DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter months ago and with it it was working fine. When I now try to do the same the screen on my TV turns black and also the laptop screen turns black (even though the settings are set to 'duplicate screen'). Every 5-10 seconds the laptop screen shows the desktop again, but only for less then a second. Every suggestion will be much appreciated! What did I try so far:-all windows updates done-HP display driver update installed-intel update installed Thanks in advance,NinoGaRRis

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-connection-to-Samsung-TV-not-working-anymore/td-p/5739155
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently had to upgrade my HP Elitebook 820 G1 to Windows 10 and since then the connection to my Samsung TV (UE55HU7200) via HDMI cable it is not working anymore. I purchased the original HP DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter months ago and with it it was working fine. When I now try to do the same the screen on my TV turns black and also the laptop screen turns black (even though the settings are set to 'duplicate screen'). Every 5-10 seconds the laptop screen shows the desktop again, but only for less then a second. Every suggestion will be much appreciated! What did I try so far:-all windows updates done-HP display driver update installed-intel update installed Thanks in advance,NinoGaRRis

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-connection-to-Samsung-TV-nit-working-anymore/td-p/5739155
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys I have done some searching but to no avail I have tried everything DVI/HDMI with on No Boot Samsung Signal over HDTV I can find think of with absolutely no luck I have a brand new Samsung LN B which I have connected to my desktop for use as an HTPC VGA works fine but I would much prefer No Signal on Boot with Samsung HDTV over DVI/HDMI to use a digital connection SO I have an HDMI lt gt DVI adapter and a monoprice HDMI cable connecting my GeForce to the HDMI DVI port on the HDTV I have tried and the latest Nvidia drivers as well as the generic W drivers It's all the same Everything works fine in the OS so long as I make it past the Windows splash screen And unfortunately that never happens I believe that the problem lies in the auto adjustment of the screen when starts loading If I boot without the TV connected and then connect after the splash screen has loaded everything is perfect Is there any way to disable the auto detection adjustment of the TV and just have the OS always boot into x Hz I am really tired of the blank or black screen every time I reboot This is a terrible bug with W or EDID and it needs to be fixed now Microsoft Thank you

A:No Signal on Boot with Samsung HDTV over DVI/HDMI

I have a Samsung LNT4665F.

The problem actually lies in the Samsung - the I/O board is, well, been replaced a few times. Service warranty even replaced the entire TV after four failed repairs.

The good news - Windows 7.7600.16385 with an ATI HD3850 no longer gets caught by the Samsung oddity.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/24628-no-signal-boot-samsung-hdtv-over-dvi-hdmi.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey thanks for looking! I dropped my samsung chronos, breaking the screen conpletely and for weeks I was ok with the hdmi cable connection. But one day I think the laptop may have gone into safe mode or something and I have "no signal".
So ive tried different variations of turning laptop/tv on. Tried disconnecing the screen. Tried "F4". Basically there is a lot of damage so Im worried that its all over. Although it worked preciously so the damage caused mustnt be the reason. Pretty crud can you help?
This happened 2 days after buying the new Total War game, just my luck!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/126169-samsung-chronos-broken-screen-hdmi.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I upgraded on Friday from windows 8.1 to windows 10 
Since then  it became very slow to start
the fan seems to be continuous - neither sleep nor shutdown buttons/clicks work - I have to switch the button off/on
each time it go to sleep

this is the image of the chat I had with Samsung today - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u2AsQfH8MaNGpScGlwQlA1SUk/view?usp=sharing 
!!!
I tried running SW update it didn't work and vanished - not possible to uninstall as now the directory path is different........

A:Samsung NP350V5C-A06UK user (Windows 8.1) upgrade to Windows 10 - see Samsung response to me!

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System
Files

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c71106c9-bc89-4770-97d2-a840938b62cc/samsung-np350v5ca06uk-user-windows-81-upgrade-to-windows-10-see-samsung-response-to-me?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I just bought a new computer with a geforce GTX with a mini Samsung cable to check TV, HDMI GTX signal Nvidia hdmi output This i wanted to connect to my samsung TV First off my PC only recognises a second monitor when my TV is connected at boot When i try to select HDMI source on the TV it's greyed out and i can't select it because Nvidia GTX HDMI to Samsung TV, check signal cable the TV doesnt detect a signal I found a workaround for this as i connect my laptop to my tv through HDMI which works flawlessly select source -- gt HDMI then unplug my laptop and plugin my new computer to the same input - meanwhile not touching the channels on the TV Now i get a picture on the TV from my new computer Nvidia GTX HDMI to Samsung TV, check signal cable it's crystal clear and actually works - but there is an error message across the TV screen check signal cable - which never goes away In addition the source HDMI is greyed out again so if i navigate away from the source i can't select it again It seems like my TV doesnt detect that there actually are a signal even though it's displaying it For troubleshooting i tried this Tried different cables of different lengths My laptop to TV works flawlessly through HDMI - so it's not the port on the TV thats faulty I tried connecting my new computer to my friends TV a prosonic and it works So i think it has to do with the combination of my new computer and my TV - as they apparantly works separately I also tried updating the firmware on my TV to the latest version I tried updating GTX drivers even tried a few older versions as well My new computer My TV Samsung LE B B W I have googled my self to oblivion and searched different boards but haven't been able to find a solution A GREAT THANKS in advance to anyone who can solve this

A:Nvidia GTX HDMI to Samsung TV, check signal cable

Welcome to Seven Forums letifere. Yours is a common issue, which you may have discovered in your search. I'm a TV tech, and I have run into this many times. It is not really a TV "problem", as the TV is working as designed. As you know the input will not show in the input list if there is no signal. Your TV also needs to do a "handshake" with the PC (any HDMI device).

It's possible if you boot the laptop with the TV already on, you may find the HDMI input becomes available (much as when you trick it).

1st off, are you plugging the HDMI from the PC into HDMI1 (DVI)? This is the input for connecting a PC.

I hate to say that many give up on HDMI from their PC and resort to DVI to HDMI adapters (there is a PC/DVI Audio in mini jack next to the HDMI1 (DVI) input).

I'd suggest speaking to Samsung customer support, as they have no doubt dealt with this many times, and might know a "trick"

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/221103-nvidia-gtx-hdmi-samsung-tv-check-signal-cable.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I Nitro VN7 LS32D850... via Samsung Acer to Aspire HDMI must admit that I have little hope for the quick and perfect solution but I will Acer Aspire Nitro VN7 via HDMI to Samsung LS32D850... give it a try nbsp I just bought an Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition VN - G with Windows and an external monitor for it a Samsung LS D and connected both with the HDMI cable that came with the monitor nbsp It worked extremely well However when the laptop switches off Acer Aspire Nitro VN7 via HDMI to Samsung LS32D850... the monitor for any reason like a reboot or an energy saving setting then the monitor stays black nbsp I have tried many things but the only ones that work seem to be these nbsp Unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI cable This works every time Switching off the Acer Aspire Nitro VN7 via HDMI to Samsung LS32D850... monitor for a long time at least several minutes then switching it on again Even disconnecting the monitor's power cord for a minute is not enough to make the laptop send an HDMI signal to the monitor nbsp All other attempts to wake up the monitor yield only spotty or no results like switching the monitor configuration in Windows Windows key P or the equivalent Fn F I can always activate the laptop's built-in display that way but not the external monitor I also tried changing the monitor input from HDMI to Auto and back and various other actions to no avail nbsp I checked the Windows Intel video driver which turned out to be up to date nbsp I changed to another HDMI cable same problem nbsp I have not yet tried to switch to the NVidia graphics adapter because I'm not sure how to do that If I could wake up the monitor that way I could then switch back to the integrated Intel graphics which I almost always use and that might be a viable workaround while waiting for the defect to be repaired perhaps in the video driver nbsp I have upgraded Windows from Home to Professional which made no difference to this problem nbsp Any ideas are welcome I am pondering the thought of returning the monitor but a I like it and b it is quite possible that the defect is in the laptop and the next monitor would have nbsp the same problem At first sight it is the laptop that causes the problem because it is obviously not sending HDMI output to the monitor nbsp I am also pondering the thought of adding an HDMI switch to allow me to wake up the monitor by switching the HDMI line For that I would have to identify and buy a pure HDMI pass-through switch which I find nbsp difficult so far It would be a stupid solution though nbsp I read that this is a widespread and long-lived problem Intel has an ongoing discussion thread about it that has been running for several years but no solution nbsp Any ideas are welcome nbsp A related question I would like to try the DisplayPort output hoping that it works better than HDMI but that would occupy the USB-C socket which I plan to use for other purposes Is it possible to use that connector for multiple purposes at the same time Is there a special external hub for that

A:Acer Aspire Nitro VN7 via HDMI to Samsung LS32D850...

Have you tried to connect your laptop to another monitor or TV?just to be 100% sure it's a laptop issue. i'm not 100% sure but if i remember correctly display port is managed by nvidia card, HDMI is managed by Intel until your run a compatible 3D software (games or programs) that switch to nvidia card.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-Nitro-VN7-via-HDMI-to-Samsung-LS32D850-monitor-does/td-p/414006
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell e7450 and i am trying to connect it to a Samsung Series 6 6400 55" via HDMI.
The laptop shows that it is connected to the TV because when i go to the display properties the TV comes up. 
On the TV it shows that something is connected to that source.
Yes i have checked the laptop is on duplicate screen.
I have reinstalled the graphics driver.
I have tried every HDMI port on the TV but the tv still says no picture connected.
Different model laptops work via hdmi with the TV.
I have tried the dell Laptop with another TV via HDMI and it works fine.
How do i get it to work???

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19681695
Relevancy 55.04%

I must admit that I have little hope for the quick and perfect solution but I will give it a try nbsp I just bought an Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition VN - G with Windows and an external monitor for it a Samsung LS D and connected Nitro HDMI VN7 Aspire Samsung via Acer LS32D850... to both with the Acer Aspire Nitro VN7 via HDMI to Samsung LS32D850... HDMI cable that came with the monitor nbsp It worked extremely well However when the laptop switches off the monitor for any reason like a reboot or an energy saving setting then the monitor stays black nbsp I have tried many things but the only ones that work seem to be these nbsp Unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI cable This works every time Switching off the monitor for a long time at least several minutes then switching it on again Even disconnecting the monitor's power cord for a minute is not enough to make the laptop send an HDMI signal to the monitor nbsp All other attempts to wake up the monitor yield only spotty or no results like switching the monitor configuration in Windows Windows key P or the equivalent Fn F I can always activate the laptop's built-in display that way but not the external monitor I also tried changing the monitor input from HDMI to Auto and back and various other actions to no avail nbsp I checked the Windows Intel video driver which turned out to be up to date nbsp I changed to another HDMI cable same problem nbsp I have not yet tried to switch to the NVidia graphics adapter because I'm not sure how to do that If I could wake up the monitor that way I could then switch back to the integrated Intel graphics which I almost always use and that might be a viable workaround while waiting for the defect to be repaired perhaps in the video driver nbsp I have upgraded Windows from Home to Professional which made no difference to this problem nbsp Any ideas are welcome I am pondering the thought of returning the monitor but a I like it and b it is quite possible that the defect is in the laptop and the next monitor would have nbsp the same problem At first sight it is the laptop that causes the problem because it is obviously not sending HDMI output to the monitor nbsp I am also pondering the thought of adding an HDMI switch to allow me to wake up the monitor by switching the HDMI line For that I would have to identify and buy a pure HDMI pass-through switch which I find nbsp difficult so far It would be a stupid solution though nbsp I read that this is a widespread and long-lived problem Intel has an ongoing discussion thread about it that has been running for several years but no solution nbsp Any ideas are welcome nbsp A related question I would like to try the DisplayPort output hoping that it works better than HDMI but that would occupy the USB-C socket which I plan to use for other purposes Is it possible to use that connector for multiple purposes at the same time Is there a special external hub for that

A:Acer Aspire Nitro VN7 via HDMI to Samsung LS32D850...

Have you tried to connect your laptop to another monitor or TV?just to be 100% sure it's a laptop issue. i'm not 100% sure but if i remember correctly display port is managed by nvidia card, HDMI is managed by Intel until your run a compatible 3D software (games or programs) that switch to nvidia card.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-Nitro-VN7-via-HDMI-to-Samsung-LS32D850-monitor-does/td-p/414006/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have been building media centers since XP MCE for about a year now Last month finally purchased my first big LCD TV Last week I bought an AV HDMI receiver Pioneer underscan Radeon 3200 (1920x1080) LCDTV 3d Samsung ATI (HDMI) HD + VSX- -K and have spent the last week trying to finalize chaining all the components together into the best possible config I am at m from the top of the mountain but stuck there Bit of history had an NVIDIA Geforce DVI VGA Svideo in the Mobo before and this card ATI Radeon HD 3200 (HDMI) + Samsung 3d LCDTV (1920x1080) underscan was capable of using the full resolution of the ATI Radeon HD 3200 (HDMI) + Samsung 3d LCDTV (1920x1080) underscan TV through VGA Activating this PCIex card in the BIOS disabled my onboard ATI Radeon audio video output When I bought the AV HDMI receiver I wanted to make use of the HDMI outbound sound so took out the NVIDIA and activated the ATI HDMI onboard So config at that point is Mobo send Audio Video to Samsung TV over HDMI sound is forwarded by the TV via fibre-optic cable into the Pioneer receiver Woohoo Great sound - in my speakers but at first I noticed that the image quality was not as good as with the NVIDIA VGA and them I noticed the underscan inch black border lost across all sides In a lower res the underscan is gone but the icons and edges are less clear I know the TV can do better in its recommended res I did a clean W install to start with a clean system I think I have installed the correct ATI radeon drivers and CCC versions Found lots of forums on the internet about this An overview of what I already tried without luck ATI-CCC adjusting the underscan overscan slider the slider moves but there's no change When pressing okay - slider is reset to quot quot ironically can't remember how I opened it there was a windows where I could make underscan overscan changes in a white screen with arrows in the middle clikcing on the arrows would make in white area bigger smaller and a blue border would appear around it graphically showing the underscan overscan change effect - THAT white window took the right size of the TV Samsung TV I read on a forum that setting the TV IN port's identifier to quot PC quot iso quot HDMI DVI quot would solve this - FAIL An option I will try tonight is buying a new HDMI cable and setting up the following Media center - gt both audio and video via HDMI through the receiver and receiver forwarding the video to the TV Reason why I want to try this is that I have the impression that the TV is quot telling quot the ATI CCC console to perform the underscan maybe with the receiver in between this will not happen will update this post tomorrow with the results Please help I know I have a decent system compare it to a high-powered WRC race car got mud on my rearview window and my wipers are broken Thx for all your input H

A:ATI Radeon HD 3200 (HDMI) + Samsung 3d LCDTV (1920x1080) underscan

Hi all,

Just to let you know my problem is solved.
The way to do it was to use a freeware tool called "Driver Sweeper". ATI apparently is poor on the garbage-collect capabilities when removing drivers during CCC un-install.
I ran Driver Sweeper and removed all drivers and CCC stuff. After reboot, graphics seemed horrible, but after re-installing the latest 10_11 ATI suite all was fine.

Now got a crystalclear screen at 1920*1080 @ 60Hz

THX
Jeroen

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/128330-ati-radeon-hd-3200-hdmi-samsung-3d-lcdtv-1920x1080-underscan.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear All For the previous two years I have been running my Samsung TV as a monitor extension via a HDMI cable I have recently moved house and rewired my set up and now the computer is not outputting the signal to the TV Diagnosis so far Tried a different Dual screen PC Solved: Samsung TV Via working - stopped to HDMI TV - no luck Tried a new HDMI cord - no luck Updated video card drivers - no luck NVIDIA Control Pannel gt set up multiple displays gt my display is not working gt rigourous display detection - no luck Perhaps I need to check my HDMI output from the computer maybe an Solved: Dual screen - PC to Samsung TV Via HDMI stopped working internet wire came loose during moving Specs - Intel Core i K Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H G Skill GB x GB DDR PC - Mhz DIMM Seagate Barracuda TB rpm MB SATA Thermaltake TR Solved: Dual screen - PC to Samsung TV Via HDMI stopped working Bronze W Power Supply Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Mid Tower Case Microsoft Windows Home premium -bit Originally a Gainward GeForce GTX Ti GB GDDR this unitburnt itself out so it has been replaced with Asus GB dual Cooling Fan GeForceGTX Ti And the TV is a Samsung PS D Please remember this exact set up has been working for two years and has now stopped after moving house Can someone please help Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi !
I had been using the above combination for quite some time. Then one morning suddenly there is no output. Please assist.
rgds

A:Samsung Laptop NP-RV411-A0EIN and Sharp Lcd tv no Hdmi output

Test connecting to a different device (ie: different monitor or TV).

Try a new cable.

Manually update/reinstall the video drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-laptop-np-rv411-a0ein-and-sharp-lcd-tv-no-hdmi-output.1114085/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello NVIDIA geforce does not detect LCD HDTV PC connected to Samsung LE F W by HDMI The PC is not Nvidia connected HDMI HDTV Samsung PC 9200 in does display by to running Win Premium Home bit SP It is connected to a inch monitor Viseo W via a vga cable The Nvidia 9200 in PC connected to Samsung HDTV by HDMI does not display monitor is at x at HZ The nvidia driver version is The tv is a recent Samsung LE F W and is connected by new HDMI Nvidia 9200 in PC connected to Samsung HDTV by HDMI does not display cable from PC to TV The TV reports that this source is not connected The current resolution of the TV is x at HZ If I look in Nvidia control panel under 'setup multiple displays' - I only see the Vi SPAM W as a single display I choose 'My display is not shown' followed by 'Rigorous Display Detection' and Nvidia 9200 in PC connected to Samsung HDTV by HDMI does not display 'Yes' to 'Would you like your TV enabled' This puts a 'tick' in the 'force television detection on startup' checkbox The 'restart now' button is greyed out - I restart the PC anyway without effect The TV does not recognise it is getting a signal from the PC The PC does not recognise the TV display as existing Any advice would be welcome as to Am I posting in the right forum What should I do to make the TV display my PC output rgds Graham

A:Nvidia 9200 in PC connected to Samsung HDTV by HDMI does not display

I would recommend you to connect the TV alone and check if there is any display or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/188882-nvidia-9200-pc-connected-samsung-hdtv-hdmi-does-not-display.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I was enjoying setting up my new HTPC and attempted to adjust the NVIDIA control panel settings from 720p to 1080p and lost video to the HDTV. I have attempted to get the settings that worked back and have adjusted the Windows and NVIDIA display settings but cannot find a working combination (not even at the original 720p). Is there a way that I can reset both the Windows and NVIDIA display settings so that I can get the video working again? It seems to me that these settings are in conflict. Video card is EVGA GeForce 8400 GS....

A:No video to Samsung PDP530 over HDMI after adjusting NVIDIA Settings

Uninstall all of the NVidia drivers including the console. When you reinstall, it will default to the correct Resolution again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/220063-no-video-samsung-pdp530-over-hdmi-after-adjusting-nvidia-settings.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I want to upgrade my HDD to Samsung 850 pro SSD but my bios is set to raid mode that I can't change. 1) Do I need to install Intel RST after the  clean installation of Windows 10?2) Do I need to disable Intel RST in bios BEFORE clean installation of windows 10?  3) Can I change the mode to ACHI instead of Raid mode?  MY NOTEBOOK HAS INTEL 8 SERIES CHIPSET. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrade-hdd-to-samsung-850-pro-ssd/td-p/5819498
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys, I want to know if someone instaled this SSD: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E250B-AM/dp/B00OAJ412U/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&... in the laptop. I want to know if it's working fine or you have any problem with it. I need to change my old HDD because is failing. This SSD is correct for our PCs or has got any problem of compatibility? Thanks!!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 49.02%

Zbook 17 G3 came with Samsung 951 NVME m.2 256 GB installed with Windows 10 64-bit OS.  Worked perfectly.  I installed new Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512 GB in 2nd SSD slot, but it is not displayed in windows explorer.  I see it in device manager, and there are now two nvme storage controllers.  Also, Samsung Magician software recognizes the device, but Windows does not show this new drive.  Do I need to install latest Samsung NVME driver v1.1?  If so, do I need to uninstall the ssd first?  I assumed auto-sense would automatically recognize and setup the new drive since the 951 was already there.

A:Zbook 17 G3 upgrade samsung 950 pro m.2

Hello, I think you need the 950 pro driver http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Zbook-17-G3-upgrade-samsung-950-pro-m-2/td-p/5561286
Relevancy 49.02%

So, I've had this laptop, a Samsung RV515, for awhile now, and I felt it was time to upgrade it. I would just buy a better computer, but being only 14, I don't have to much money to spend. I was originally planning to upgrade my RAM from 4GB to 8GB, but I'm not sure that is the best route to go. the kind of things I want to know is if I can or can't upgrade or replace my processor, graphics card, etc. I don't know a whole lot about computers, so any input would be great. Also, it may be helpful to note that I haven't done anything to tweak and/or upgrade the laptop yet. Thanks to anyone who can help!

A:What can I upgrade on a Samsung RV515?

laptops are restricted to 3 main upgrades:

RAM (the Crucial.com website seems to indicate that your laptop can accept an additional 4GB RAM bank (DDR3 SODIMM, 1066MHz of speed). This is useful if you have tons of windows and programs open, but with that processor I don't know if it's going to be so noticeably better.

Memory Storage devices (HDDs, SSDs, DVD drives can be removed and replaced with additional HDD/SSDs) These in general improve storage space (HDDs) or system responsiveness and load times (SSDs a lot, high end HDDs quite a bit but not anywhere near SSDs)

Battery (better endurance)

(theoretically you could upgrade processors as well, but it's extremely complex because they weren't designed to allow it to be done and anyway it's very very rarely worth it, given your lack of experience I'd discourage that course of action)

This is the price for having something portable. If you don't need something portable, investing in a good desktop computer would give tons of bang for your buck.

I'd personally save the cash for a new one, either laptop or desktop, if you really want to see improvements.
Say what you'd like to do with it and someone will point you in the right direction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/263869-what-can-i-upgrade-samsung-rv515.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am thinking of upgrading my Samsung Galaxy mini 2 toa Samsung S4 mini. I understand that the Galaxy Mini 2 uses a mini sim card but the S4 mini uses a micro sim card. How can I use my existing sim card if I decide to upgrade?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

A:Upgrade phone to Samsung S4 mini

Sorry posted this in wrong forum, have moved it to phones & hand held devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-phone-to-samsung-s4-mini.1123215/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey folks. I've got a Latitude E5270 and love it, but the 128GB M.2 SSD is too small. I would like to upgrade to a new Samsung EVO 950 SSD, but someone told me the BIOS won't even see it. Other said it may not be compatible without some special adapter.
From what I can see after inspecting the current SSD and the way it's installed, the Samsung SSD would fit, but I'm dead in the water if the BIOS won't see it in order to install Windows 7 Pro. I'm also being led to believe by Microsoft that this system cannot upgrade to Windows 10 for some reason, but that's another discussion.

Any thoughts on the SSD situation by someone who's tried this upgrade?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988946
Relevancy 47.73%

I want to try upgrading my Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10, if I can. It seems to meet the requirements, except for the graphics driver which is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150. I saw this post about upgrading the graphics card and the Microsoft download page here. Hopefully that still works.

Question 1: Will the OS run faster than Windows 7 Starter which is very slow on this machine?

Question 2: If I do a clean install will I lose the function key commands (which I need), such as volume control. What happens to CyberLink YouCam - not that I use it, but if I ever wanted to use the camera is there a Win 10 alternative?

Thanks
Charles

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/46661-want-upgrade-samsung-netbook-n220-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Did somebody get the instruction that can help to do the harddisk upgrade, as the harddisk is fixed inside the laptop.

Many thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-of-harddisk-for-samsung-nv5000-laptop.33155/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi.i Try to update my Lenovo y700 80Q0001JMZ with a faster Samsung 950 Pro and Windows 7 Proif i put in the new ssd and start the Windows installation, then stops the installation and the Screan "Starting Windows" keep on.Then i try install ubuntu. and this works without a problem.

A:Lenovo Y700 80Q0001JMZ SSD upgrade with Samsung 95...

Hi samry , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

How was it if you try to change BIOS Startup tab setting Boot Mode to Legacy (CSM enabled) you may also set on the exit tab OS optimized Defaults to Windows 7 / disabled F12 to save and exit and attempt reinstallation.

Similar discussion here for review. 

Update us how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-80Q0001JMZ-SSD-upgrade-with-Samsung-950-Pro/td-p/3429155
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi

Well I have tried all the things possible that everyone has suggested and no joy , my last resort is that I have now taken the wifi Broodcom card out of the laptop which was also suggested .
The computer works via the Ethernet cable as the moment , tried to upgrade to windows 10 again and no joy .
I have ordered a new card this is it , suggested again ! Atheros AR5B22 AR926X AR9462 Dual Band BT 4.0 Wireless WiFi MINI PCI-E Card .
Am I right in thinking that once this card goes in I will be able to upgrade to windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44761-windows-upgrade-samsung-rf510-notebook.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Will it work if the model originally has the sata3 ssd?

Relevancy 47.73%

Dose the HP ENVY 15-j142na support Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP ENVY 15-j142na upgrade Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2?

Negative. It has an mSSD but is it the older form factor, not M.2 and even the older type mSSD drive cannot be bootable it is an acceleration cache only.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-15-j142na-upgrade-Samsung-950-PRO-NVMe-M-2/td-p/5697327
Relevancy 47.73%

I upgraded from W7 to W8 last week and have since watched movies and played music from my laptop via my Samsung LCD TV which is connected by optical cable to my 5.1 Samsung surround sound.

All was working well in W7 however since the upgrade I've no longer got an option to play the sound through 5.1. Stereo is the only option.

I have installed the sound drivers and I also has K-lite Mega Codec Pack and AC3 Filter. AC3 Filter has given me some options to overrule the windows settings but the sound does not feel natural.

Why has the option to use 5.1 in W8 disappeared?

A:W7 to W8 upgrade - Samsung 7005za no longer supporting 5.1

I don't want speak badly about upgrade paths but MS does this every time they have board meetings to hash out the upgrade path and pricing index. They have a huge development team that decides what features stay and what features disappear. Sometimes it's by accident, most the time it's for more money via support calls and upgrade features $$$...

I always do a fresh install of my OS, that is my suggestion to you. If their licensing allows you to fresh install it and only give your previous activation number from the other os as proof (which they did in the past) then you can go that route.

Now for the real tech help ---
1) Right click on speaker icon in the lower left on the desktop (to get to the desktop from the metro menu hit winkey+D ).
2) Select "playback devices"
3) Find the SPDIF out playback device that goes to your Samsung receiver. If you have multiple SPDIF out right click on each one and hit "TEST" until you hear it come out of the correct speakers. No right click on the correct SPDIF out and select properties.
4) In properties check "Sample Rates" and make sure 48khz or above is selected and be aware that selecting a very high rate like 192mhz may not be support by your equipment. My Sony receiver supports only up to 92khz stream but I have the option to select 192khz.
5) In the properties section check the "Ecoded Formats". You should be able to select and test what your receiver can support, test each one and select the ones that work, un-select the ones that do not.

----------The real in depth super complex tech info
During the upgrade, it dumps a bunch of log files and depending on checks and licenses and various unkown and undocumented features the installer may or may not disable audio features that are "built-in" to windows. These features have never had to be added, they have always been there but a setup program just removes the entries and disables the features then they put an add in the media player suggesting you pay for the features that you already paid for. Lovely right?

For example here is something from a windows 8 log upgrade
common\mfplayer.cpp:2619: ConstrainCodecs: ... Disabling transform "Microsoft Dolby Digital Plus Decoder MFT" with CLSID [177c0afe-900b-48d4-9e4c-57add250b3d4].

As you can see, it's built-in and it has a CLSID associated with it, with a proper registry import you could get your functions back but you would need to have someone graciously donate a registry dump with all the formats enabled. The community that knows about this are generally very hostile toward people asking for such information so you chances of finding real help are very low.

Now for the good news, an open source project called "Media Player Classic HD" has certain features built into it to completely bypass windows audio transform mechanisms and feed raw data straight to your spdif. You will have to do some research but it's really easy to set up the audio out to spdif only on MPCHD and if your DVD has 5.1 or 7.1 support it will be detected and decoded.

Otherwise you may end up having to pay for a feature already built in because MS decided to make all the money on the media side this time around. 36$ For one season of TV? WOW! If could afford it I would pay it, but I will stick with general streaming services. Thanks. I mean if I am going to pay 36$ for a season pass to watch one season of a TV series why not just buy the dvd's and lug them around in a big suitcase? I think they need to rethink their pricing model. Their apps and games are priced fairly, but the media price is extremely limiting. I calculated it would cost me over 10,000$ to catch up all the movies and TV I missed last year with their store. Really? I would rather pay for a trip to an Asian island that lets you get high legally the whole time your there, money well spent. :P

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/16430-w7-w8-upgrade-samsung-7005za-no-longer-supporting-5-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Is it possible to have a 3th HDMI card in this PC? Thank you in advance. Mvg Tim.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-to-3-HDMI-cards/td-p/5837181
Relevancy 47.73%

I've upgraded to Windows 10, but my HDMI no longer works. AMD no longer support the driver that is installed in my Notebook (AMD Mobility Radeon HD5000). What can I do so that I may continue to use HDMI?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-and-Windows-10-Upgrade/td-p/5643427
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi My Dell XPS from no longer seems to be able to connect via HDMI to TV or projector since I upgraded from Win to Win It worked nbsp before I get quot no signal quot on the second screens Spent half a day already on this googling and trying the following Updating to the latest Dell drivers Windows updates and Nvidia updates signal HDMI 10 Win upgrade after No Disabling either of Intel HD Graphics or Nvidia GT M graphics cards Rolling back to older versions of display drivers Trying different HDMI cables No HDMI signal after Win 10 upgrade Running Dell s diagnostics tool Lowering screen resolution Restarting everything But nothing works The external screens don t show up in Screen Properties Pressing Fn F brings up the four choises Duplicate etc but nothing happens when I click any of those options Some posts I found via googling seem to suggest that Win simply isn t compatible with HDMI in some laptop graphic card CPU configurations Can this really be the case or what can I do

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990722
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I hope this question has not been answered, because I could not find a definitive answer on whether an upgrade from the normal SATA hard disk, on my HP Envy 17 k241no, to a PCIe hard disk, such as the Samsung 950 PRO Series PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD, would be possible? The main reason why I cannot figure this out is that I cannot find any details in the guides provided for this model, that states whether it has PCIe  or not. I hope some of you can help me figure this out. Regards,Frederik 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-HP-Envy-17-k241no-hard-disk-to-Samsung-950-Pro/td-p/5751321
Relevancy 47.3%

I want to upgrade the firmware of my new Samsung DVD writer (from Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology) to the latest version.
DVD writer Model:
TSST corp CDDVDW SH-S223C
For some reason it will not burn DVD ?RW disks.

So I downloaded the latest appropriate firmware file from cdrinfo.com
Namely SH-S223C_SB04.exe which I ran under win7 (64) bit OS

This executable program in turn started up ?Tsdnwin.exe? installation program which then crashes (freezes) the system.
I had to use the Windows ?Task Manager? to End the Task.

Can this be a compatibility problem for win7 64 bit OS?
Or is my Win7 OS somehow corrupted?

Next I installed and tried ODD FW Liveupdate program and it too fails with an error message :

?that due to a system problem it failed to operate a program by
automatically connecting to it.?

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem here?

A:Failure of Firmware Upgrade of Samsung DVD Writer using Win 7 (64bit)

According to this page, you shouldn't need to worry about drivers or firmware. What I would suggest is completely uninstalling the driver from your Device Manager. Restart your computer. Windows 7 should pick up and install the burner fine.

Don't download driver and firmware files from anywhere but the manufacturers website, problems like this happen way more often when you do that

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/96435-failure-firmware-upgrade-samsung-dvd-writer-using-win-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear Friends'
I have upgraded to Win 10 last week and today for the first time I tried connecting my TV thro HDMI, It just shows my laptops Wall Paper, no icons on the desktop is seen on TV. When I Play video, the sound comes on TV , but no VDO but just my wallpaper image is seen on the TV. Windows Task Bar is seen on TV
This is an Acer Aspire, V3-112P, Touch Celeron N2840, 4GB Ram and Intel HD Graphics.
Please help me with this challenge
Thanks in Advance

Jacob

A:HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade

Hi... Welcome to the Ten Forum ... Is your system a 64 bit OS ? If so? You were probably better off to go back to 8 unless you add more memory . 4gb of Ram isn't good enough for windows 10 64, you should max out your memory to 8gb if you're planning to use windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/30943-hdmi-not-working-properly-after-win-10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Recently I upgraded my vista to Windows 7 and tried connecting it to my HD TV through the HDMI but the screen on my laptop goes blank (black) and no reception on the TV as well. Have an ATI Radeon 4500 Series adapter and HDMI used to work perfectly in Vista. Please Help

A:HDMI not working (Vista to 7 Upgrade)

Hi there, Welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you tried checking your display driver is installed? It may have been skipped due to the upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276051-hdmi-not-working-vista-7-upgrade.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hdmi was working fine before the upgrade (from windows 7 home premium to windows 10).now it does not identify the tv.i have changed nothing other than the upgrade.looks like upgrade messed some driver??i updated all the drivers i could.guess didnt fix hdmi driver?still no identification.please provide a solution asap.thanks.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi - new forum stuck 8.1 upgrade loop 900x Windows 8 failed Samsung in to member hope I'm doing this the right way I have a Samsung NP x D i with Gb SSD and Gb RAM running running Win x After several months putting it off I decided to let Windows update itself to At some point during the upgrade it stopped and began cycling itself on amp off showing the blue screen message quot Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you quot Then it's stuck in a Samsung 900x Windows 8 to 8.1 upgrade failed stuck in loop loop restart samsung logo blue screen restart etc I cannot access the BIOS with f I have made a recovery USB drive on another Win x Samsung laptop different model The X will not boot from this in either the USB or USB port and as I cannot access the BIOS I cannot check whether boot from USB is enabled The boot time has always been very fast due to the SSD With more conventional laptops and desktops in the past I have usually been able to solve this sort of problem on my own but I can't even get started with Samsung 900x Windows 8 to 8.1 upgrade failed stuck in loop this Does anyone have a suggestion how I might recover the computer or do I have to take it in for repair I'm also wondering whether this is most likely to be a windows issue or could it be a hardware failure Many thanks Nigel PS If wrong forum please advise

A:Samsung 900x Windows 8 to 8.1 upgrade failed stuck in loop

I too this week encountered this issue, after speaking with Samsung support, they insisted this was my fault for installing the update and i would have to pay them for the privilege of re-imaging the msata hard drive. I thought otherwise and have tackled the re imaging myself, some items of software are required and one part required to complete the task.

The Steps i took were as follows -

1 - Purchased a msata to USB converter for about ?15.

2 - After removing the msata hard drive, insert in to the converter and back up all your files to another PC.

3 - Using another PC I next used a software tool - Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool - using this selected the correct HDD and removed all partitions, allowing the hard drive to be reinitialised.

4 - From windows Disk Management - reinitialised the HDD, the created 2 partitions, one is 200mb in size and formatted to FAT32 (this will become the EFI partition, and format the rest as NFTS.

5 - Download a copy of Windows 8 Enterprise from the Microsoft website, or if you have a disk that can also be used.

6 - Download a tool - Win to USB - and install.

7 - Run Win to USB - select the Windows 8 ISO, and choose the correct version required, then choose the destination drive to install, this will then show the two partitions with two check boxes, choose FAT32 partition for EFI, and NFTS for windows installation files. then let it install the files to the Hard drive.

8 - When at 100% and complete, remove hard drive from converter, reconnect to the Laptop.

9 - Some adjustments are required to the bios, with my x900, it kept booting straight to bios, i disabled secure boot and deleted all configurations listed. then form boot list, find Start menu (might be worded differently) press shift key + 1, an exclamation will appear next to the item, preventing it from booting straight to BIOS, you can also adjust the order, i moved the internal HDD to top of the list. Save Bios and Exit.

10 - Laptop should now cycle to internal HDD and boot with fresh install of Windows 8.

This worked for me, hope it can help others out too,

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51961-samsung-900x-windows-8-8-1-upgrade-failed-stuck-loop.html
Relevancy 46.87%
Relevancy 46.87%

I want to upgrade my new Pavilion 24-b037c to 16GB of RAM by adding another 8GB RAM module. Can anyone tell me the exact Samsung Part Number that matches the factory-installed 8GB DDR4-2133 RAM module? Thanks! Memory upgrade information from HP Product Specifications for Pavilion 24-b037c? ? Dual channel memory architecture? Two DDR4 SODIMM (260-pin) sockets? Supports up to PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)? Supports 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB DDR4 SODIMMs

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Samsung-Part-Number-For-8GB-DDR4-2133-RAM-upgrade-for/td-p/5753309
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Lenovo Z70-80 laptop which had BIOS version ABCN32WW. I've decided to upgrade BIOS to the latest version (ABCN96WW) and the upgrade procedure went without problems. However, as soon as the restarted I've noticed it doesn't output anything on my external monitor connected via HDMI until it boots to Windows after which I get the picture on the monitor. I've tried to downgrade BIOS version to the oldest available version (ABCN73WW) but I still don't get HDMI output. At this point I'd just like to downgrade to the original BIOS version ABCN32WW but I can't find any downloadable file to do so and currently I'm stuck with no HDMI output until laptop gets booted to Windows which is really frustrating. Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/HDMI-stopped-working-after-BIOS-upgrade/td-p/3352744
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Issue Since upgrading my Windows laptop to Windows bit it has lost functionality for both gaming and HDMI output My Setup HP Pavilion Dv - sa BIOS Default System BIOS Processor AMD Phenom tm II N Dual-Core Processor CPUs GHz Card name ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v DriverName aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx a tiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version HDMI Output HELP I've no idea where & Output after HDMI Upgrade Issues Gaming to start Problem Connecting my laptop to my HDTV via a HDMI cable all of which worked previously on windows yeilds strange no results Steps Turn Laptop amp TV on Connect HDMI from TV to laptop Right click desktop Screen resolution Press Detect Notice 'Another Display Not Detected' Hold Windows key press 'P' Select Duplicate Displays Notice Resolution Changes yet not output to second monitor TV Right click desktop Screen resolution Press Detect Notice The pressing of Detect has done nothing 'Display' is now set to multiple monitors I'm really stuck here so any help is appreciated Solved Gaming Whilst attempting to play games the laptop would chug along and an incredibly slow speed slow refreshing rates and long loading times HDMI Output & Gaming Issues after Upgrade - Making FTL almost unplayable After a quick search of the internet I was directed to the following website AMD Graphics Drivers amp Software This proved extremely helpful linking me to the page that included the download that updated my display drivers AMD Catalyst Thanks Lloydbax

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/18350-hdmi-output-gaming-issues-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My HDMI port quit working after upgrading to Windows The VGA port works fine I have triend many of the fixes for listed for this issue for upgrading from Windows to Windows Here's whay working Port after HDMI Windows 10 Upgrade not I've done so far nbsp Downloaded the most recent drivers for my Intel R Graphics Card nbsp Outcome It said the drivers HDMI Port not working after Windows 10 Upgrade installed were newer than the driver I was installing Tried anyway didn't work nbsp Uninstalled the driver and let windows update it Outcome Black screen then it restarted and installed the same driver it had before nbsp Tried installing the Windows Driver for my nbsp Intel HDMI Port not working after Windows 10 Upgrade R Graphics Card nbsp Outcome nbsp Black screen then HDMI Port not working after Windows 10 Upgrade it restarted and installed the same driver it had before nbsp At this point I tried the last resort I spun around three times in a circle and spit in the corner Outcome Wife yelled at me and kids thought I had a demon nbsp nbsp Please help I use this computer in the office to connect to a TV and I NEED my HDMI port nbsp

A:HDMI Port not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

Yeah, lot's of people on this forum have stated they have the same issue. It's not just people with Intel/AMD switchable cards either. I have an AMD 8650G + 8670M dual grapgics card and I am having the same issue. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-Port-not-working-after-Windows-10-Upgrade/td-p/5183475
Relevancy 46.87%

My ideapad S510p came with Win8.1 preinstalled.  I used it for 2 years with a second display via the HDMI cable.  After upgrading to WIN10, the system no longer recognizes the HDMI connection to the external monitor. The Intel GPU shows in Device Manager.  I have tried uninstalling, rolling back to 8.1 drivers, and allowing windows to update the driver. The Lenovo support site contains only an NVidia driver, which when run finds no NVidia hardware on the machine. It seems to me that this model had the Intel support for the built in screen, and NVidia for the external. Any suggestions may be helpful.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/S510p-HDMI-Nvidia-Not-recognized-after-upgrade/td-p/3377647
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok.. I have seen it brought up here a couple times but my situation still seems a bit different.

I also have no sound coming from my Hdmi out after upgrading to RC 7.

I have a Dell XPS 1330 notebook. Audio is Nvidia HD Audio and IDT HD audio codec, both have latest drivers.

When i open Sound mixer and set HDMI to default device and default com device i see sound coming from source and registring on the volume bar graphs.

It seems to stop right at the cable. My computer (unlike a couple of other posts i saw) does recognize the cable and seems to be doing everything right.. just no sound through my reciver.

Anyone have any ideas? i really dont want to go back to vista. beh.....

A:Another No HDMI Sound post RC7 upgrade - Dell XPS

Nothing huh?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/9947-another-no-hdmi-sound-post-rc7-upgrade-dell-xps.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My ideapad S510p came with Win8.1 preinstalled.  I used it for 2 years with a second display via the HDMI cable.  After upgrading to WIN10, the system no longer recognizes the HDMI connection to the external monitor. The Intel GPU shows in Device Manager.  I have tried uninstalling, rolling back to 8.1 drivers, and allowing windows to update the driver. The Lenovo support site contains only an NVidia driver, which when run finds no NVidia hardware on the machine. It seems to me that this model had the Intel support for the built in screen, and NVidia for the external. Any suggestions may be helpful.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/S510p-HDMI-Nvidia-Not-recognized-after-upgrade/td-p/3377647
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
today i received my new Dell XPS 13 9350. After Upgrading my BIOS to 1.19 and setting up my System I backup my Drive and restored it on the Samsung 950 Pro. But it doesn't boot!
Hour after hour i tested, tried in BIOS etc. and almost gave up. Even Booting from USB to reinstall or Booting Dell Diagnosis didn't worked. But the PM951 SSD worked fine. So lastly I downgraded to 1.0.5 and the 950 Pro worked.....
Question: Where can I find a newer BIOS than 1.0.5 but older than 1.19? I can't find any downloads.

A:[WARNING] Dell XPS 13 9350 BIOS 1.19 Upgrade won't Boot with Samsung 950 Pro anymore

(SEE MESSAGE SENT TO DELL REGARDING THIS ISSUE WITH MY XPS 15 9550)
Hello,

Replacing the motherboard did not resolve the issue; however, I now have a better understanding as to what's happening:

(tested with 2 SSD's, and 2 HDD's)
(tested with original and replaced motherboard)
(tested with both legacy and uefi boot modes)
(tested with secure boot enabled/disabled)
(tested with original BIOS firmware version, and latest --JAN 5th)
SCENARIO #1 (SATA1 as boot drive, m.2 as secondary) :

-BIOS randomly does not detect SATA1 drive (does not show in System Configuration). 
-"No boot device found"' error, followed by dell system check.

SCENARIO #2 (m.2 as boot drive, SATA1 as secondary):

-BIOS randomly does not detect SATA1 drive (does not show in System Configuration). 
-Post BIOS, Dell logo with spinner animation will show for more than a minute, and then boot into windows.
-SATA1 drive will almost always show in Windows (even though BIOS does not report it).

SCENARIO #3 (m.2 as boot drive, SATA1 disabled in BIOS):

-Windows boots fast (less than 10-15 seconds)

CONCLUSION:

The SATA1 drive is not always detected/initialized early on in the boot process (BIOS); it is often detected/initialized later on in the process (POST BIOS), but this causes a significant startup delay. 
TEMPORARY FIX:

Disable SATA1 in BIOS.

The problem described above makes the SATA1 drive unusable (given its poor stability) as a primary boot device, and impractical as a secondary drive.

Note: Most XPS users do not have a SATA1 drive (the larger battery takes its place), and/or are using RAID mode (I have not tested this configuration); therefore, this is not likely to be a well known issue...  PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!!

Regards,
John

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19668355
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys I recently upgraded to Windows from Windows on my HP G CA laptop I never longer output no upgrade Windows 10 working HDMI after had this issue with Windows but ever since upgrading to Windows I can no longer use the HDMI port to use an external monitor The problem is the computer recognizes the external as it makes a sound AND shows there s two monitors the laptop and the external in the Display Settings but I get no signal on any HDMI output no longer working after Windows 10 upgrade monitor I use no matter what HDMI cord I use I ve tried adjusting the resolution to x for my HDTV and that didn t work I still get no signal I have the latest NVIDIA graphics driver NVIDIA GeForce M G is the video HDMI output no longer working after Windows 10 upgrade card I ve tried re-installing completely removing the driver doing a clean install installing an older driver and none work I even tried extending duplicate show desktop only on show desktop only on etc If you guys could help I d greatly appreciate it Thanks nbsp

A:HDMI output no longer working after Windows 10 upgrade

If I recall correctly, Windows 10 has issues with some NVIDIA devices/drivers.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-output-no-longer-working-after-windows-10-upgrade.1156451/
Relevancy 46.44%

After upgrade to Windows 10, I cannot display from my HP laptop via HDMI to my TV. This is bad since I play movies using my laptop.

Where can I find a display driver that supports Windows 10? The laptop HDMI worked with Windows 7 & 8.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/64438-amd-radeon-hd-6300m-adapter-does-not-see-hdmi-port-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. My Omni 27 has an HDMI in which I used to play my Xbox on. After the upgrade Windows 10 installed updated drivers and I have no issues within windows. When I switch the input the video from my xbox shows up but the sound does not work. I have the latest version of HP My Display installed. I have tried multiple HDMI devices without luck. The driver for the HDMI sound is installed; IDT HIgh Def Codec. Is this a driver issue or a software issue. Please help resolve. Will this model of pc ever have windows 10 drivers uploaded to the HP Support Page?

A:HDMI In Sound no longer working after Windows 10 Upgrade

Step 1. Click on SettingsStep 2. Click on SystemStep 3. Click on Consol SettingsStep 4. Click on DisplayStep 5. Click on Display DiscoveryStep 6. Choose DisableStep 7. Restart

I work on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HDMI-In-Sound-no-longer-working-after-Windows-10-Upgrade/td-p/5303640
Relevancy 46.44%

There is no VGA or HDMI output on my Sony AR VGN-AR51M

after upgrade to windows 7 from vista, yet my Driver

Support program says my Standard VGA Graphics display

adapter is working ok. I have tried installing various

updates and new display drivers but will not accept them and says it is not compadable.

A:No VGA or HDMI output on my Sony Vaio Lap after upgrade to windows 7

To be clear: you have output to the laptop display screen, but no output to an external monitor through either video port?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335319-no-vga-hdmi-output-my-sony-vaio-lap-after-upgrade-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am considering buying an HDMI splitter to get around a problem I now have when streaming music only from the Internet Currently I have about a ft cable running from the HDMI output on my computer to my Samsung TV With this setup everything works fine I HDMI Can I and Outputs HDMI Non-HDMI With Use Device? Splitter can watch Youtube videos or Can I Use HDMI Splitter Outputs With HDMI and Non-HDMI Device? Netflix movies The thing that I don t like is that if I want to just stream music for several hours I have to leave the TV on since the audio connection from the TV to my receiver is not a pass thru It is only live when the TV is on I am wondering if I can use an HDMI splitter to solve this problem What I plan to do is to connect the computer HDMI output to the input on the splitter Then use one of the splitter s outputs to go to the Samsung TV and the other one to go to my receiver via an HDMI-to- Channel Stereo Y-adapter Just wondering if the connection to the non-HDMI device via the Y-adapter will upset the functioning of the splitter What about the the EDID handshaking and HDCP signal that HDMI sources and displays need in order to function Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -M Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

So basicly I was trying to hook it up to TV then I wouldn't budge so I pulled harder then the cord separated leaving HDMI tip stuck hanging out of the port I need to remove this quickly please let me know what to do I tried tweezers

A:my hdmi cable broke and now the hdmi tip is stuck in my hdmi...

I meant to say HDMI tip is stuck in my laptops HDMI port I'm only 13 and I don't know how to take apart and I'm looking for non repair answers 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-hdmi-cable-broke-and-now-the-hdmi-tip-is-stuck-in-my-hdmi/td-p/5690254
Relevancy 44.29%

My son's friends gave me a PNY GEFORCE GTX 650 GRAPHIC CARD 2 GB PCI EXPRESS 3.0 VCGGTX650XPB MINI HDMI. A new Power Supply Upgrade for Acer Veriton M SERIES w/480 Watts is on its way. Bought a new 1tb hard drive for it. I am trying to get a Q9400 SLB6B- Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz 6 MB 1333 MHz LGA 775 cpu from ebay. Oh I am also going to upgrade my ram to 4gb from the current 2gb sticks there now.

My question at this time is will my mobo be able to handle these upgrades?

From http://www.manualslib.com/manual/232986/Acer-Veriton-M275.html?page=78#manual

Current mobo is
MB Kit VM275 Intel G41 ICH7 GMA X4500 Acer Logo uATX
IO shielding W/O 1394 V1.0 LF
Current cpu is - Pentium Dual Core E6600 (3.06G 2M 1066FSB) , 65W , R-0
Current ram- 2GB, DDRIII1333

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-upgrade-cpu-and-power-supply-and-to-hdmi-video-card-on-acer-veritron-m275-any-thoughts.219263/
Relevancy 42.57%

Problems on initializing Samsung GB with Samsung s Disk Manager Ontrack tm Hi There is some problem on my gb Samsung HD The situation is this I have had an old computer which have an ancient motherboard because of the limitations of motherboard it was initializing Hd as gb I installed Samsung s Disk Manager program named Ontrack It does something with the MBR to make the gb initialized HD as gb When you re in bios setup it says your samsung is gb but when you reset and wait for the system disk error message Ontrack activates and then your hd is gb you can install Manager: with on initializing 80GB Disk Samsung Samsung's Problems Ontack(tm) OS after that Here is the problem I bought a new computer whose motherboard to initialize my GB hd as GB also but things didn t happen like that On bios setup it says my HD is gb I plugged the HD to my other computer and its partition magic says quot gb BAD quot also A modified MBR by a program ontrack can fool bios setup if so can i use XP CDs system recovery console with fixmbr command f it is not how can i make my Problems on initializing Samsung 80GB with Samsung's Disk Manager: Ontack(tm) hd back to normal not for old motherboards initialized as GB New motherboard is MSI RS M -IL and because of this problem I cannot enable S M A R T feature I need help and thanks from now on nbsp

A:Problems on initializing Samsung 80GB with Samsung's Disk Manager: Ontack(tm)

If you are using XP then boot fromt eh XP Cd. Then delete the existing partition and create a new one and format that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-on-initializing-samsung-80gb-with-samsungs-disk-manager-ontack-tm.42530/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have Nvidia GeForce 315M im trying to upgrade to a more preferable video card. Please reply ASAP

A:Can I Upgrade my Laptop's Video Card? Samsung Laptop RV411

Laptop video is a chip on the motherboard. The only way to upgrade would be to replace the motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/236377-can-i-upgrade-my-laptops-video-card-samsung-laptop-rv411.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hi I have samsung laptop

When I press power button, then its shows me samsung logo on the screen and after that it goes to black screen.
I try to replace hard disk, laptop find this new hard disk.
but then it straight goes to the BIOS and over there I try to change boot order, to boot from dvd player but I couldnot find any option there.
I open it up and clean everything inside the machine.
but problem is still there.
Is anybody help to to fix this machine.

REgards
loke_itp

Relevancy 42.14%

I just got prompted to upgrade from Windows Q330) upgrade 10 (Samsung 7 Windows from failed Windows to Windows on my Samsung Q laptop The upgrade downloaded and I watched the upgrade process go from - The machine then started to reboot and there was a quot loading files quot message but it then hung with the new Windows logo displayed There was minutes of no activity i e no hard disk activity so I forced a power down and restarted The first times I restarted Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 failed (Samsung Q330) it booted into the Windows login screen but powered off automatically before I had the chance to enter my password The th time it allowed me to Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 failed (Samsung Q330) login to Windows and I'm now back to where I started i e with exactly the same Windows environment that I had before I started I just repeated the above process and got exactly the same result with the exception that this time I did NOT force Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 failed (Samsung Q330) a shutdown after it hung with the Windows logo after the quot loading files quot message This time the machine shut down by itself after about minutes Any idea how I can get the upgrade done

A:Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 failed (Samsung Q330)

Success!
After 6 attempts to upgrade from Win7, it finally worked. The first attempts I got a different error code each time.
This time, it worked. Here is what I did:

Go to start menu, type "msconfig"
click on start tab and disable every non system program, especially antivirus and malware protection
Apply and close window.
Disconnect all external usb devices like printers and hard drives. eSATA ones too,
Reboot and try it again. Worked for me with a dinosaur 8 year old system.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/13472-windows-10-upgrade-windows-7-failed-samsung-q330.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all,

Recently upgraded my Dell Latitude E6420 to Windows 8.

When I attempt to use my Sony TV as a second monitor via HDMI cable, I no longer get audio. Cable is fine and worked previous to upgrade.

Video comes up fine. In "Playback Devices" (with both "Show Disabled" and "Show Disconnected" devices checked), Digital Audio is greyed out and unable to be selected as a default device - simply says "Not plugged in".

I've tried updating various drivers, but to no avail.

Display adapters:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000NVIDIA NVS-4200M

Have been reading through forums etc. for the past few days, but no joy. Very frustrating.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

A:HDMI Audio Device "Not Plugged In" post Windows 8 upgrade.

When you plug in an HDMI cable, the HDMI becomes the default audio playback device, rather than the "Speakers" (the PC sound card). You will have to manually change the default playback device back to your speakers in the Sound Panel.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/15832-hdmi-audio-device-not-plugged-post-windows-8-upgrade.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have both Linux and Windows Vista installed on my notebook. Today when I turned it on I accidentally chose "Samsung Recovery" instead of "Windows Vista" in GRUB. After Samsung Recovery has loaded, I quit it and the computer shut off. I turned it on again and now it doesn't make it to the GRUB, it shows the Samsung logo, then "boot from ahci cd-rom", and then it reboots and shows the samsung logo again. I can enter BIOS (F2), but can't enter Samsung Recovery (F4) anymore (after showing "please wait..." the computer reboots again). I tried setting the BIOS back to default but it didn't help. Any input would be much appreciated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-r620-stuck-on-samsung-logo.1132150/
Relevancy 41.28%

CLONE FAIL FAIL FAIL So I have a Haswell i rig GTX with Platinum PSU etc etc W Pro and a few other W PC s I tried the clone op with also and on the SSD to clone in question it is a Samsung EVO Gb SSD It seems to work perfect But its getting near full ish Gb spare so I bought a Samsung EVO VNAND Gb twice the capacity and thought an easy clone was in store I also have some additional drives I have just disconnected for the Clone op as the Samsung clone software was being stupid trying to get me to clone my documents drive to my new SSD With or without the other drives connected it FAILS FAILS FAILS So when I try to clone It SSD CLONE SAMSUNG Fails every SSD to PC FAIL Samsung on gets CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC to about cloned and then fails Time after time Recent ERROR MESSAGE is - quot Failed to retrieve source information bc quot I tried to clone the SSD to SSD on a CLONE machine Box A FAIL I tried to clone using Macrium Reflect A FAIL I tried to clone using EASEUS A CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC FAIL I tried them all a few times including the SAMSUNG CLONE Software FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL What am I doing wrong Is there a problem with the Gb SSD I don t know about I am using this PC with it in now Or will a SAMSUNG EVO not clone to a SAMSUNG CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC VNAND Do I have to try everything including disabling features such as RAPID MODE And Disable Performance and everything Or what I have been a dozen hours trying to do this simple task P S I tired to contact SAMSUNG but as I bought the SSD s from Amazon their help website gives me the brush off And I dont want to send them back as they both work I installed a bare W onto the VNAND and it ran great But I have thousands of files and links to the other hard drives and programs etc etc etc and it would take me a month of part-time work to get them all linked properly so I PREFER To CLONE It should be easy so

A:CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC

Create a recovery CD with Macrium(Win PE Rescue), back up your current SSD to an external HDD, install 500GB SSD and boot with rescue CD( Win PE) and restore the image from the back up with Macrium Reflect.
Or
Try this utility, I have cloned with this a while ago: AOMEI Windows Backup, Cloning, and Recovery Software

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/61716-clone-fail-samsung-ssd-samsung-ssd-fails-every-pc.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello HP Support. I have spent now 3 days trying to find the latest firmware for Samsung MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 aka HP P/N: 742038-002 Samsung PM851 Model: MZ-7TE2560 Which is an OEM of the Samsung Evo 840The latest firmware would address the write slow issue.The current firmware on the SSD is: F/W: EXT09H0QWhat I need is the tool or the software to update the SSD to: F/W: EXT0DB6QAnd the Samsung Firmware update image and tool doens't detect the OEM drive.Scouring the donwload section of HP support doesn't show the firmware update tool. HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 HP P/N: 742038-002P/N MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 Samsung PM851 2.5" 256GB SSDModel: MZ-7TE2560   

A:Samsung MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 aka HP P/N: 742038-002 Samsung PM...

@StevenKhieu? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Samsung-MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1-aka-HP-P-N-742038-002-Samsung/td-p/5712829
Relevancy 41.28%

Ugraded to Windows 10 - HDMI not working, searched for hours trying to find a solution and no idea what to do, so rolled back to Windows 7. Once rolled back HDMI working again so some kind of compatability issue. Help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-stopped-working-after-Windows-10-upgrade-from-Windows-7/td-p/5632139
Relevancy 40.85%

Spoiler (Highlight to read)  Unable to connect my compaq cq60 PC using my Hdmi port have troubleshoot hdmi cord using another laptop  and hdmi cord is fine and working so is the TV monitor a message is coming up Signal unknown how do i fix this???? Need for my Hdmi to work on my laptop  as i use this mostly for work any answers please!.. running windows 10 by the way.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hdmi-port-non-responsive-hdmi-signal-unknown-and-not-picking/td-p/5634712
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello guys!

I recently ran into a problem with my main LCD TV(I need to replace the power supply.) I use that LCD TV for my desktop computer, and right now all I have is my laptop. I use synergy to control both computers. However now it doesn't matter because I cannot see the desktop portion. Is there anyway for me to output my desktop computer to my laptop monitor?

Both my Desktop and Laptop have HDMI input. I also have the HDMI cord on hand right now I just don't know how I'd go about setting it up. I'd like to use synergy to control the desktop AND have it's output be on the laptop until my power supply arrives and I can fix my TV.

Relevancy 40.85%

Unable to connect my compaq cq60 PC using my Hdmi port have trouble shooted hdmi cord using another laptop  and hdmi cord is fine and working so is the TV monitor a message is comming up Signal unkown how do i fix this???? Need for my Hdmi to work on my current laptop  as i use this mostly for work any answers please!.. running windows 10 by the way.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hdmi-port-non-responsive-hdmi-signal-unknown-and-not-picking/td-p/5634709
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm trying to hook up my TV with my computer, and for the most part it's working. The video goes through and I get how to control it and everything. The only thing not working is the sound.

I'm using an HDMI to HDMI cable, and like I said the video is fine. Also, when the cable is plugged into my boyfriend's laptop, the sound comes out of the TV.

So this must mean the problem is with my computer specifically. Although, this computer is only a month old, so I wouldn't think anything is out of date.

I have no idea what's relevant, so I don't know what to post screenshots of, but I've read tons of other threads with the same issues but none of their solutions seem to work for me.

A:Realtek HDMI Output ATI HDMI Audio -Not Plugged In-

Info on your computer would help. We can only talk in generalites or suggestions without it. In most cases, if you have a full HDMI port with both audio and video, when you plug in an HDMI cable Windows changes the default audio playback device from the "Speakers" (your PC sound card) to "HDMI".

In your case the ATI (now called AMD) should be the device that is feeding the video and audio.

As your PC is only 1 month old, the PC vendor's tech support should be the ones to call since you haven't been able to find a solution to date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/261246-realtek-hdmi-output-ati-hdmi-audio-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have the GTX 560 connected to a 1080p HDTV. Getting fuzzy picture in Windows environment.

A:HDMI - HDMI gettting fuzzy display on HDTV.

Tried new cable? Fiddled around with the options in the control panel? Left nvvsvc.exe and nvxdsync.exe alone?Latest drivers? Not sitting too close to the TV?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/189230-hdmi-hdmi-gettting-fuzzy-display-hdtv.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I purchased an external monitor on Friday.  It worked on Friday and Saturday. Sunday when I booted up, the external monitor no longer worked. The history appears to show an automatic update occurred overnight.  I was running Windows 8.1.  I upgraded to 10.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the intel video driver, I reinstalled the chipset driver.  I have trimmed the micro HDMI cord as suggested in one of the posts.  I have seen enough posts on the various boards to know my issue does not seem to be an isolated case... but I haven't been able to find an explanation of the cause or a reliable solution.  Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-micro-HDMI-gt-HDMI-External-Display-not-working/td-p/3457573
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there I actually LIKE the SKY Q package -- also now K UHD available - and it's cheaper than the SKY HD if you are selective in what you choose apart from the up front cost BUT only HDMI output at back of box so get HDMI good HDMI -- Q and HDMI-->SCART Sky splitter get but device splitter -- works fine and bypasses any HDMI restriction on copying etc if you want to RECORD to DVD recorder -- then there's no SCART or A V outputs - so just get HDMI-- gt SCART converter --works fine Note most DVD recorders still record at p - no probs really for older stuff and you can connect the output from the HDMI splitter into the Sky Q -- good but get HDMI splitter and HDMI-->SCART device converter for your DVD recorder I still use DVD recording sometimes to make physical DVD recordings of stuff I can't get elsewhere -- and then on the computer use MAKEMKV to convert the DVD recording to an MKV file for playing via streaming services such as PLEX Sky Q -- good but get HDMI splitter and HDMI-->SCART device SKY says this can't be done - but the Chinese way HDMI splitter use cheap powered version --the expensive ones retain HDMI protection works fine -- Max output though is p iSolem x D HDMI Switch Box - Splits HDMI Signals Amazon co uk Camera Photo HDMI to SCART Composite Video Converter Stereo Audio Amazon co uk Electronics Make sure though you use POWERED HDMI splitter --then no degradtion of signal I'm looking now at what to do for K UHD as well but AFAIK there's no way of recording yet a K UHD signal so I'll have to wait for somebody to come up with a way of ripping a live TV K stream The SKY Q will recxord and allow you to play on external devices but it's riddled with DRM and gets deleted after something like watches or days -- however downgrading to p via the scart splitter gets round that temporarily -- but again DVD recorder only does p --you can't record via HDMI in --only via A V or SCART Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/61864-sky-q-good-but-get-hdmi-splitter-hdmi-scart-device.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I want to use 2 displays using HDMI, but the only problem is that when I plug in my HDMI to my TV through the motherboard, it does not work. I know some do not support it which is why I am coming here. My mother board and graphics card are in my account so look there for the details on my computer. Thank you

A:Can I use my motherboard HDMI port as well as my graphics card HDMI?

I've seen a number of computers where the addition of an Add-in Video card automatically disabled the onboard adapter. The only thing that worked to restore the onboard adapter was to remove that Add-in card. You may want to consider getting a different Add-in card that has 2 HDMI ports. Or if your motherboard has 2 PCIe X16 slots get a 2nd matching card.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/34525-can-i-use-my-motherboard-hdmi-port-well-my-graphics-card-hdmi.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am buying a new monitor. Probably one of these two in title! Which monitor is better?
I need some suggestions...
thanks..

A:Samsung SM 2333SW vs Samsung P2250N

Samsung SM 2333SW

Bigger, nice specs. On the other one, I can't read the text.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/26838-samsung-sm-2333sw-vs-samsung-p2250n.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Call 0800-014-8577 for Samsung Support in the UK, Our well expert technicians are here to help for our valuable Samsung customer, Samsung Printer customer Support, Samsung customer care, Samsung Printer Help desk Number.

A:Samsung Printer Help, Samsung Support

SPAM SCAM SPAM SCAM Samsung Printer Support is a Third Party Technical Service provider. Trying to take your money by misleading advertising. They are NOT genuine Samsung support.
FE notified

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/samsung-printer-help-samsung-support-4608325/
Relevancy 39.99%

After installing Samsung Touch Supporter on my non-samsung PC,I get this:

"This Program only runs on a Samsung PC.
Program will terminate."

I try to use some of the software that came with the Samsung Series 7 PC.
I will not let me open the program.
I have an Archos 9 PC and would like to use it.

Can anyone make it so that I can install this software on any other PC?
Sometimes it's a simple edit,can anyone look in to this?

Software can be downloaded from the Samsung website here(it's under manuals & downloads/software):
Support - Tablet PCs XE700T1A | Samsung Tablet PCs

May you please attempt to fix Play Touch App (Software) (ver.1.0.0.33),Play Touch Luancher (Software) (ver.1.2.0.32), and Touch Supporter (Software) (ver.1.2.0.10)

Note: Play Touch Laucher says the same message as above,but still manages to open, Touch Supporter does not though

A:Samsung Series 7 software on non-Samsung PC.

That software is only licensed to use on the Samsung PC it came on, so I don't know why you would expect it to work on any other PC.

Samsung is also the most difficult model to get the OEM software to work after a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which is entirely legal and recommended for most users of preinstalled Windows to get the best Win7 performance.

But for Samsung it's especially important to back up the Recovery Image and make a secondary Win7 backup image so that if any features are missing after Clean Reinstall and the Samsung software won't work correctly, you can set it back to factory condition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/270725-samsung-series-7-software-non-samsung-pc.html