Windows Support Forum

Sandboxie vs. Pre-Existing Keylogger

Q: Sandboxie vs. Pre-Existing Keylogger

If a keylogger is already present on one's OS, can Sandboxie, installed after-the-fact, quarantine the browser to where that when you close the sandboxed browser that Sandboxie quarantines and deletes what is logged before the keystrokes are sent to the host malware program??

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sandboxie vs. Pre-Existing Keylogger

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sandboxie vs. Pre-Existing Keylogger

Will Sandboxie protect me from malicious key-loggers?

Yes, to some extent. First of all, your system (outside the sandbox) must not have been already compromised by an installed key-logger. Sandboxie can not protect against key-loggers that are already running outside the sandbox.

You may want to consider always browsing sandboxed, so you don't accidentally get any key-loggers into your system.

It is very difficult to reliably detect a key-logger. For a lengthy explanation, see Detecting Key Loggers . So the most important tool Sandboxie offers you for protection against key-loggers, is to delete the sandbox.

When you stop all sandboxed activity (in all sandboxes), then proceed to delete the sandbox you're about to use, you can be fairly certain that all key-loggers are dead.Click to expand...

From FAQ

Detecting Keyloggers

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-vs-pre-existing-keylogger.16339/
Relevancy 42.14%

The spyware keylogger, named Srv.SSA-KeyLogger, secretly steals data from users' Internet sessions, including logins and passwords from online banking sessions, eBay, PayPal, and other programs that use html forms to collect personal information.

NOTE: Since the SSA-KeyLogger spyware cannot be installed on the following platforms, it is not necessary to run the SSA-KeyLogger Clean software:
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows 98SE
Windows ME
Windows NT4

The SSA-KeyLogger spyware should only be installed on Windows XP, Windows 2000/2003.

A:Ssa-keylogger On Xp Windows 2000/2003 Only Theft Keylogger

wow, I had that keylogger, I ran the tool and PrevX popped up saying the sunbelt tool was trying to read/delete winldra.exe which is the keylogger and the tool deleted it.

However, it never showed up in a hijack this log and I hardly ever use IE, I am miffed aout how this got on to my machine?

Plus, I have being doing scans at Panda, kaspersky and Trend, and none found it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ssa-keylogger-on-xp-windows-2000-2003-only-theft-keylogger.389804/
Relevancy 39.99%

I m unsure if this is the right area to post please forgive a newbie Let me start off by a small introduction before I start asking for help My name is Kyle Okay now that s done and over with For starters this problem started to occur a little while back I assume around - months ago I started to discover whenever I used right clicked on properties on the desktop it would lag Perfect and Keylogger Infected Keylogger Pro with a while and would not open When I opened Control panel add remove programs didn t work and afterward all icons in the control panel didn t work they just had the cursor with the hourglass thing sorry for my lack of appropriate terms and then the Perfect keylogger would show up It was in Infected with Perfect Keylogger and Keylogger Pro the form that it had already been installed I googled my problem many times at first my Rundll exe seemed to have an effect with perfect keylooger and I often just closed it under processes in my task manager but when I realised that I couldn t do many things because of it I decided to remove it stupid me for not removing it earlier Oh and for system restore points all points don t seem to effect so yeah I also have problems with windows installer so I couldn t use some of the solutions I had found online So I tried several things to remove it including Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware and S amp D Spybot which seemed to have the most effect On S amp D spybot the perfect keylogger and keylogger pro are removed everytime I should mention that after the first scan removal using S amp D perfect keylogger whenever it opened it would be in evaluation form telling me to purchase it and everytime i removed it with S amp D it would go back to day evaluation Forgot to mention that I do not know where my windows disk is located so I can t seem to reformat my harddrive either Nothing else is comprised besides the above listed problems or so I think This problem is really irritating me and I would hope for some help to be given as soon as possible Thanks looking for a reply soon -Kyle

A:Infected with Perfect Keylogger and Keylogger Pro

Hi Kyle,Welcome here. 1. Please do a new full scan with MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware, and post that logfile in your next reply.2. Please use the Internet Explorer browser (or FireFox with IETab), and do an online scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you have used this particular scanner before, you MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL the program through Add/Remove Programs before downloading the new ActiveX componentClick Yes, when prompted to install its ActiveX component.(Note.. for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the "Accept" button of the license, click on the "Zoom" tool located at the bottom right of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license has been accepted, reset to 100%.)The program launches and downloads the latest definition files. Once the files are downloaded click on Next Click on Scan Settings and configure as follows: Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:ExtendedScan Options:Scan Archives
Scan Mail Bases Click OK and, under select a target to scan, select My ComputerWhen the scan is done, in the Scan is completed window (below), any infection is displayed. There is no option to clean/disinfect, however, we need to analyze the information on the report. To obtain the report:Click on: Save Report As (above - red blinking arrow)Next, in the Save as prompt, Save in area, select: DesktopIn the File name area, use KScan, or something similarIn Save as type, click the drop arrow and select: Text file [*.txt] Then, click: Save Please post the Kaspersky Online Scanner Report in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187276/infected-with-perfect-keylogger-and-keylogger-pro/
Relevancy 39.56%

Released: Sandboxie 5.14

Changelog:
----------------------
- Added new Sbie setting BlockNetworkFiles. It is available under Sandboxie Settings -> Restrictions.
- When BlockNetworkFiles=y, sandboxed applications are blocked from reading network files or folders. Individual files/folders can be opened for reading/writing using the normal Resource Access settings. This option is enabled by default for new sandboxes.
- Fixed hang when starting MS Office applications.
- Eliminated error SBIE2314 Cancelling process xxxx.exe (xxxx / 9)
- Proxy Auto Config (PAC) files were not functioning in Win 10 Anniversary.
- Vivaldi is now supported.
- Fixed the Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant issues (hotmail.com, outlook.com, etc.)
- Fixed clipboard copy/paste failure from sandbox to host.
- Fixed Actual Window Manager.
----------------------

Download link: http://www.sandboxie.com/

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-5-14.63858/
Relevancy 39.56%

Has anyone heard of or used this software (concept)??

Relevancy 39.56%

I love the program and use it quite regularly when installing downloaded software from various sites.

What I would like to know, once the software is installed and I find it safe to use on my PC is there a way to move it from the sandbox to my PC without having to re-install it out of the sandbox environement?

Thanks

A:About Sandboxie

I like Sandboxie too. If the program you installed is simple enough, then cut and paste should work. A more complex installation (registry hives, registering dll's in the system dir, .etc) should be installed normally. I will keep my eyes open for any 1-click solutions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-sandboxie.812564/
Relevancy 39.56%

Ino many of you know how to use Sandboxie so this is aimed for [How Sandboxie Use To] the people who are new to it biggrin What is Sandboxie Sandboxie is very useful to check whether or not a program is infected you [How To] Use Sandboxie can also use it to test out your botnet Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data [How To] Use Sandboxie in your computer Download HTML http www sandboxie com index php [How To] Use Sandboxie DownloadSandboxie Proceed through the installation Using Sandboxie Open Sandboxie Start gt All Programs gt Sandboxie gt Sandboxie Control Run File Right-Click Suspected File gt Run Sandboxed Change Display View gt Files and Folders Observe Folders Sandbox DefaultBox gt All files and Folders Analysing Output Now that you ve ran your program you re probably wondering What does this all this mean Now is when you analyze Sandboxie to check if the program has dropped any files In the All files and Folder sub-menu you can observe the exact location of dropped files How do I know if my program s infected To decide whether or not a program is infected you have to think Should this program drop files For example I ve downloaded a crypter and decided to check it out in Sandboxie Now immediately after I run it I get a file dropped Settings To prevent against stealers acquiring your firefox passwords while using Sandboxie go to Sandbox gt Default Box gt Sandbox settings gt Resource Access gt File Access gt Blocked Access gt Edit Add and copy paste the following lines one by one Local AppData Mozilla AppData Mozilla Device Mup The same for Chrome and Opera You can also disable the program from accessing the internet this option is also found in Sandbox settings NEW To bypass the Anti-Sandboxie that some malware uses you need to disable the Sandboxie indicator that is in the titles of windows running in Sandboxie quot quot To do this go to Sandboxie gt Rick-click on your sandbox gt Sandbox Settings gt Appearance gt check quot Don t show Sandboxie indicator quot This method of detecting sandboxie isn t used by all malware however Extra Info Keep in mind that if you receive an error and your program is unable to run in Sandboxie it is most likely that it s a virus and has implemented Anti-Sandboxie DO NOT RUN IT OUTSIDE SANDBOXIE see Settings spoiler to know how to bypass anti-sandboxie Once you are done with Sandboxie Right-Click on the Sandbox and chose Terminate Programs Also remember to empty your SandBox after every use by Right-clicking gt Delete Contents When you see around the title on the window you know it s Sandboxed Unless you have these indicators disabled see Settings Well i hope this helps new people to sanboxie angel nbsp

A:[How To] Use Sandboxie

Not a bad effort at all, nice one for taking the time to create it... About the whole password stealing though, using Lastpass or other variations would also combat this. I think you have explained it well enough though for all users to understand so top marks for that.

Don't use Sandboxie myself even though it's one of a few things that is worth paying for, but currently stick to CIS Bundled effort (cannot wait for v6 with full virtual... ).

Would rep + but thumbs up/down does not seem to be visible for me still?? Jack?? lol.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-use-sandboxie.4418/
Relevancy 39.56%

Version 3.70

Released on 28 May 2012.

These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 3.68.

Usability improvements in Sandboxie components.
New Set Layouts and Groups command groups sandboxes into a hierarchy for easier access in menus and lists.
Sandboxie Start Menu includes a new "All Files and Folders" sub-menu to explore all drives.
The Windows program dllhost.exe was added to the default list of Lingering Programs.

Compatibility fixes for audio in Google Chrome and Flash plugin version 11.3.

Improved compatibility with Actual Window Manager, Chameleon Window Manager, Cucusoft Net Guard, GreatNews RSS Reader, Internet Download Manager, Listary, Logitech QuickCam, Password Door, ShortKeys version 3.Click to expand...

Source Link

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-3-70.8021/
Relevancy 39.56%

hello i need help to setup sandboxie with programes. when i installed sandboxie i get a shortcut on my desktop when i click that shortcut firefox opens then i can surf the net . but how do i set up prgrames to opern in sandboxie plz????

A:sandboxie

Hi gigabyte,

Please do the following:

1. Click 'Sandbox' > 'DefaultBox' > 'Run Sandboxed'.

2. And then click:
'Any Program' - if you desire to run any program sandboxed.
'From Start Menu' - if you want to run any program from the Start Menu.
'Web Browser' - to run the sandboxed web browser or you can use the shortcut in your desktop named 'Sandboxed Web Browser'.
'Email Reader' - to run the sandboxed email reader.
'Windows Explorer' - if you want to run Windows Explorer sandboxed.
Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/110079-sandboxie.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Just a few questions that I couldn't find an answer for in the documentation. 
Does sandboxie actually work if you open a zip file containing a virus, just one example. I guess it might be better stated- will it work if you allow admin priveleges to a corrupted program?
Second, can i run the entire user profile in a sandbox for protection against above reasons? And third, is the microsoft version of sandbox better at what it does because it would seem to be able to integrate better.
Thanks for your replies. I'm actually considering running my user profile in a sandbox, or possibly my entire drive, or the entire drive minus the operating system components. (that could be another topic for later because i have no idea how to even start to do that one.)

A:help with sandboxie.

Just a few questions that I couldn't find an answer for in the documentation. 
Does sandboxie actually work if you open a zip file containing a virus, just one example. I guess it might be better stated- will it work if you allow admin priveleges to a corrupted program?
Second, can i run the entire user profile in a sandbox for protection against above reasons? And third, is the microsoft version of sandbox better at what it does because it would seem to be able to integrate better.
Thanks for your replies. I'm actually considering running my user profile in a sandbox, or possibly my entire drive, or the entire drive minus the operating system components. (that could be another topic for later because i have no idea how to even start to do that one.)

Does sandboxie actually work if you open a zip file containing a virus?
All programs opened with Sandboxie will remain isolated from the system unless the malware targets a specific vulnerability within Sandboxie that allows it to escape the sandbox. An application being ran in Sandboxie with administrative rights shouldn't be any different. However, allowing these isolated programs to have administrative rights can come with its own set of problems. I strongly recommend configuring Sandboxie to drop the rights of all programs that it runs. Not only will dropping the program's rights afford you better security, but it will also allow Sandboxie to do its job more effectively.

Open Sandboxie's control center -> Right-click on your sandbox - > Click "Sandbox Settings" -> Expand "Restrictions" -> Select "Drop Rights" -> Enable the checkbox
Second, can i run the entire user profile in a sandbox for protection against above reasons?
This is not a job that is suitable for Sandboxie. Here is a list of reputable software that is more on-par with what you're looking for:
Deep Freeze (http://www.faronics.com/products/deep-freeze/standard/)
Clean Slate (http://www.fortresgrand.com/products/cls/cls.htm)
Deep Freeze is used by a lot of schools in North America to prevent students from infecting the machines and making unwanted changes. Once you reboot a computer that is using Deep Freeze, it will automatically restore itself from a system image. This image can be easily updated to make persistent changes if you know the correct password, so you are still able to update the operating system and things like that. However, unwanted changes or malware is instantly removed after a simple reboot. I have deployed this software before at a local school and I absolutely loved it.

Clean Slate works about the same as Deep Freeze. I have not personally used Clean Slate, so I can't comment on its effectiveness. It seems pretty popular with Internet cafe operators, so it is worth checking out.

And third, is the microsoft version of sandbox better at what it does?
Windows SteadyState has been discontinued since 2010. It isn't even compatible with Windows 7 and beyond, so this isn't anything you need to worry about.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538849/help-with-sandboxie/
Relevancy 39.56%

Sandboxie - Sandbox software for application isolation and secure Web browsing Quote Version Released on August These are the changes to Sandboxie since version Usability Several common dialog windows in 3.58 Sandboxie Sandboxie Control windows can be minimized Sandbox Settings Delete Contents Quick Recovery Immediate Recovery Messages from Sandboxie Reduced flickering in the main Sandboxie Control view Restored support for the Finnish and French languages Changes Sandboxie 3.58 in Quick and Immediate Recovery Multiple files can be selected for recovery in a Quick Recovery window New button to select all files in Quick or Immediate Recovery New quot Yes to All quot button can replace multiple files when recovering Immediate Recovery can open the folder for the recovered file or run the file directly Recovery Log in Sandboxie Control View menu displays a log of recently recovered files The Messages from Sandboxie window can optionally adjust some settings Turn off Drop Rights when message SBIE appears Permit programs to start for message SBIE or access the Internet for message SBIE Adjust File Migration limit when message SBIE appears Changes in the border feature The border around sandboxed windows can be set to appear only when the cursor is in the title area of the window This border mode with the border color set to yellow is now the default setting for new sandboxes The border rectangle is adjusted to wrap around the Windows Aero thick window frame The border is temporarily hidden when any part of it would be obscured by another window Compatibility Firefox places sqlite file is excluded from file migration limits Windows Explorer thumbcache db files are excluded from file migration limits When running under Sandboxie Microsoft Office Outlook correctly displays embedded preview When running under Sandboxie Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint will not create superfluous buttons on the taskbar Improved compatibility with security software avast pro SafeZone browser BitDefender Anti-Phishing toolbar and iolo System Mechanic Improved compatibility with web proxy software Easy Hide IP HMA Pro VPN VPNTunnel Anonymous Internet Improved compatibility with third-party utilities Eraser Google Japanese IME tool RoboForm sync Sothink Web Video Downloader Stand-alone Sandboxie - Version Changes

A:Sandboxie 3.58

No new enhanced support for x64 based machines? I was hoping that they would make gains on that. Thanks for the info though!

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/183399-sandboxie-3-58-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

To speed up the countdown clock on Sandboxie Free, click multiple times on the red-spotted, moldy sandboxie cheese slice (browser icon). The clock will count down about 5 times faster than normal.

A:Sandboxie Tip

mouldy cheese huh? I hope that it is an icon on your taskbar? or is that the stain on the carpet you talk about :lol:

those 5 seconds countdown on SBIE seem like eternity sometimes LoL so a big THANK YOU!! for this tip Gnosis

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-tip.15030/
Relevancy 39.56%

Because of the uniqueness of this browser, I have asked around about it before just installing it.
Is it a good choice for Win 7 x 64 and easy to learn?
I am asking about the free one.

The sandboxie program that I've seen can be used with the browser of your choice... it is not a browser; but maybe they have released something new :-)

See their FAQ: Sandboxie - Frequently Asked Questions

...easy to learn? Any answer would be pretty subjective. You might take to it right away. Give it a try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/253228-sandboxie.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Version 4.08
Released on 19 January 2014.

These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 4.06:
Added support for SetCursorPos API.

Support for Immediate Recovery on Windows 8.1.

Fixed crash when Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME is in use.

Fixed a problem with Chrome and LastPass on Windows 8.1

Fixed a BSOD crash.

Added support for pasting bitmaps and metafiles from the clipboard.

Added support for the dynamic variant of \RPC Control\spoolss (from spoolsv.exe) that is introduced in Windows 8.1, to allow programs in the sandbox to print in Windows 8.1.

Added NACL.EXE and NACL64.EXE to list of lingering programs.

Fixed error SBIE2205 after installing Microsoft KB2898785 with IE10 and IE 11
Download - http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie
Known conflicts - http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?KnownConflicts

A:Sandboxie 4.08

Sandboxie is a great program and i used it for a long time when i was on my Win Xp box but now i have
a Win 8.1 computer and on that i use Shadow Defender

but since the acquisition of Sandboxie by Invincea i'm going to watch and see where Sandboxie goes before
i use it again

i'v read alot of assuming of what is going to happen with it on different forums and some are heartbroke
over the deal so i'll wait and see

so i voted "I don't use Sandboxie because... (explain in a post)"

James

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-4-08.21955/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am using SANDBOXIE as a security proof.
Am I wrong?

Relevancy 39.56%

How can I get Sandboxie installed on a 64-bit system? I do not have the trouble with driver signing as I have DSEO which overrides that. The problem is the installer won't run on a 64-bit system (it explains the error message). Does anyone know how to or a substitute program?

A:Sandboxie

64 Bit is not supported. Look here: www.sandboxie.com :: View Forum - 64-bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/16436-sandboxie.html
Relevancy 39.56%

What's new in this version:
Added support for SetCursorPos API.
Support for Immediate Recovery on Windows 8.1.
Fixed crash when Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME is in use.
Fixed a problem with Chrome and LastPass on Windows 8.1
Fixed a BSOD crash.
Added support for pasting bitmaps and metafiles from the clipboard.
Added support for the dynamic variant of \RPC Control\spoolss (from spoolsv.exe) that is introduced in Windows 8.1, to allow programs in the sandbox to print in Windows 8.1.
Added NACL.EXE and NACL64.EXE to list of lingering programs.
Fixed error SBIE2205 after installing Microsoft KB2898785 with IE10 and IE 11
Download: Sandboxie 4.08 | 2.5 MB
View: Sandboxie Website

A:Sandboxie 4.08

Can you use on 1 lic.,key on 3 PC's?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-4-08.21965/
Relevancy 39.56%

Changes in Sandboxie 4.06:

Fixes to several issues which were discovered with version 4.04.
Performance improvements over version 4.04.
Improved support for running Internet Explorer 10 under Sandboxie.
Improved support for Windows 8, in particular: Installing programs in the sandbox, running full screen programs in the sandbox, and printing from 32-bit programs under Sandboxie.
Initial support for Windows 8.1.
Support for Windows Server 2003, which was missing in version 4.04.

Website
Download

A:Sandboxie 4.06

Thanks for the update

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-4-06.19167/
Relevancy 39.56%

WHEN YOU ARE BROWSING AND USING SANDBOXIE, DOES IT SLOW YOUR BROWSING DOWN? WHAT ABOUT DOWNLOADS?

thx

sportsaholic said:

WHEN YOU ARE BROWSING AND USING SANDBOXIE, DOES IT SLOW YOUR BROWSING DOWN? WHAT ABOUT DOWNLOADS?

thxClick to expand...

No noticeable difference on my computer.
At the end of a download, Sandboxie will ask where you want to retrieve the download.

There could arise a situation, not seen it myself, where a downloaded file resides in Sandboxie. You can manually retrieve it through the Sandboxie menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandboxie.862424/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello
I have been watching tutorials about this product and am confused.
It seems that all content is sandboxed or not including email. While emailing, and in virtual mode, how do you actually send the email if you are in this environment?
Thank you

The sandbox is like a quarantine in your system. It is isolated from your system and will not allow other programs to access your system. Although Sandboxie, by design, is not isolated from the Internet. Some people use Sandboxie to download things and make sure they are safe, then transfer said things onto their systems.

You can also use a Virtual Machine on your computer, and use it to like a normal machine. There's a setting where you can let the virtual machine use your network card to send and receive data. Other computers won't know that it's "virtual". A computer signal, whether from an actual computer or a virtual computer, is still a signal.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/24948-sandboxie.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I was just about to give Sandboxie a trywhen i saw this comment in another forum....Sandboxie is free nagwarecan some one please explain what the comment means, and should I forget trying it out ..?Thanks Mypenry

A:I Was Going To Try Sandboxie But ....

Nagware means that though there is a version of the program that is free, it is constantly "Nagging" you to pay a small fee to get more features.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105584/i-was-going-to-try-sandboxie-but/
Relevancy 39.56%

Sandboxie - Version Changes Quote Version Released on June These are the changes to Sandboxie since version Notable enhancements Experimental Protection for -bit editions of Sandboxie Program groups may reference other progarm groups and may be used in Start Run and Internet Access Restrictions Block -bit programs from starting or running in the sandbox Cmd exe running under Sandboxie maintains the correct current directory even for SUBST drives or junction points New Start exe wait option documented in the Start Command Line page Usability enhancements quot Run Sandboxed quot dialog windows include Sandboxie 3.56 an explanation for the Drop Rights checkbox Sandboxie 3.56 Desktop ini files do not appear in Quick Recovery and Immediate Recovery pop-up windows Improved the quot Rename Sandbox quot command and the quot Create New Sandbox quot command can copy settings from an existing sandbox Problems Fixed Some issues with acclerated rendering by recent versions of browsers Some Sandboxie 3.56 issues with printing to a network printer on Windows Some issues where the SandboxieCrypto process remains lingering in the sandbox after other programs already ended Some issues with Sandboxie Control not starting at the end of installation where User Account Controls UAC is active A problem that prevented installation of ActiveX components when Internet Explorer was running under Sandboxie 3.56 Sandboxie A problem that caused Sandboxie to refuse to install on some -bit systems A problem with Immediate Recovery to a path which was too long to display in full Improved compatibility with Office Protected Mode Media players The KMPlayer PotPlayer Media Player Classic - Home Cinema Security Software F-Secure McAfee Total Protection Sophos Anti-Virus Trend Micro Browser Guard Trusteer Rapport Vipre Antivirus WehnTrust HIPS for XP Other software Babylon DragonSaga File-Ex Nitro PDF

A:Sandboxie 3.56

Just updated, so far so good, thanks for the heads up Super freaking fantastico

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/169823-sandboxie-3-56-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Recently I stubbled upon a tool called Sandboxie From what it claims to do and some user imput it appears that this tool will be able to successfully open a web browser in a virtual prison so when you're done using the web browser you just close it and then exit out of Sandboxie sandboxie closing both the virtual cage and the quot demon quot inside of it In theory this program's method should work and effectively keep malware from entering your system however my question is Sandboxie powerful enough to make it work Also I've decided to help PIRT over at CC a little by submitting my loads of junk phishing spam In order to submit it to Sandboxie PIRT however I need to open Sandboxie the email and then extract the useful content out of it So here's my second question Will Sandboxie opening an email in Gmail but not downloading or clicking on any of the links in Sandboxed Firefox be able to infect me Supposeably ZA Free and AVG Free have already scanned this maybe I'm wrong so it should be clean anyway Summary Is Sandboxie powerful enough to contain create a virtual prison around a web browser so that malware will not be able to affect your system Can opening an phishing email in Gmail let malware breach into your system I'm assuming the answer to my second question is yes considering the Yahoo worm a month or so ago however is there any known malware for Gmail that has such power

For number 2, a anti virus can help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60970/sandboxie/
Relevancy 39.56%

I don't have the skill for a VM so is there an alternative to sandboxie that is free and very effective.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/sandboxie.313530/
Relevancy 39.56%

Released on 1 March 2016.
Sandboxie binaries are now dual-signed (SHA1 & SHA256) to eliminate IE 11 and Windows 10 certificate warnings.

Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14267 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)

Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14271 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)
Homepage ? http://www.sandboxie.com

Size: 8.18 MB

Download Sandboxie 5.10 Final (32-bit, 64-bit)

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-5-10.56798/
Relevancy 39.56%

Sandboxie - Version Changes Version Released on June These are the changes to Sandboxie since version Notable enhancements Experimental Protection for -bit editions of Sandboxie Program groups may reference other progarm groups Sandboxie 3.56 and may be used in Start Run Sandboxie 3.56 and Internet Access Restrictions Block -bit programs from starting or running in the sandbox Cmd exe running under Sandboxie maintains the correct current directory even for SUBST drives or junction points New Start exe wait option documented in the Start Command Line page Usability enhancements quot Run Sandboxed quot dialog windows include an explanation for the Drop Rights checkbox Desktop ini files do not appear in Quick Recovery and Immediate Recovery pop-up windows Improved the quot Rename Sandbox quot command and the quot Create New Sandbox quot command can copy settings from an existing sandbox Problems Fixed Some issues with acclerated rendering by recent versions of browsers Some issues with printing to Sandboxie 3.56 a network printer on Windows Some issues where the SandboxieCrypto process remains lingering in the sandbox after other programs already ended Some issues with Sandboxie Control not starting at the end of installation where User Account Controls UAC is active A problem that prevented installation of ActiveX components when Internet Explorer was running under Sandboxie A problem that caused Sandboxie to refuse to install on some -bit systems A problem with Immediate Recovery to a path which was too long to display in full Improved compatibility with Office Protected Mode Media players The KMPlayer PotPlayer Media Player Classic - Home Cinema Security Software F-Secure McAfee Total Protection Sophos Anti-Virus Trend Micro Browser Guard Trusteer Rapport Vipre Antivirus WehnTrust HIPS for XP Other software Babylon DragonSaga File-Ex Nitro PDF Click to expand nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

i been using sandboxie for many diffrent things i have even download rouge anti-virus into it and never had a problem getting infected on my host computer ran in Oracle VM VirtualBox when i did it but to me it seem like it does Sandboxie a Sandboxie nice job keeping unwanted files from entering into your computer introduction to the softwareSandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer The red arrows indicate changes flowing from a running program into your computer The box labeled Hard disk no sandbox shows changes by a program running normally The box labeled Hard disk with sandbox shows changes by a program running under Sandboxie The animation illustrates that Sandboxie is able to intercept the changes and isolate them within Sandboxie a sandbox depicted as a yellow rectangle It also illustrates that grouping the changes together makes it easy to delete all of them at once Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox Secure Web Browsing Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially Enhanced Privacy Browsing history cookies and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don t leak into Windows Secure E-mail Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can t break out of the sandbox and can t infect your real system Windows Stays Lean Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox p

I havent used it but from what i have heard,ITS QUITE A USEFUL THING! (I voted YES)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447850/sandboxie/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am using sandboxie as a vertual internet explorer.It seems ok ,has anyone had any problems with it???. only thing i have found is it is a bit slow to load. thought I would throw it to the forum

Relevancy 39.56%

Released on October These are the changes to Sandboxie since version Usability Improved keyboard navigation in Files and Folders View and related dialog boxes Added settings for direct access to password and session management for Chrome and Firefox browsers Removed some SBIE pop-up messages regarding large Firefox data files During upgrade installer will automatically close 3.60 Sandboxie programs Sandboxie 3.60 running in the sandbox Bug Fixes Color border Sandboxie 3.60 was sometimes not showing correctly for windows which do not have Sandboxie 3.60 a standard title bar Fixed a bug which could trigger a system crash BSOD under some uncommon conditions on -bit Windows Fixed a bug which could trigger a system crash during system start-up due to a conflict with other security software on -bit Windows Compatibility Improved compatibility with reparse points directory junctions mounted volumes and Windows Vista symbolic links Improved compatibility with security software avast Script Shield NetNanny Improved compatibility with third-party utilities EverNote nVidia nView Sticky Password for Internet Explorer Volumouse WinMount Click to expand Link Download nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Quote Version Released on July The complete set of changes to Sandboxie since version covers over issues Support for Synaptics trackpad scrolling 3.46 Sandboxie and Logitech SetPoint mouse horizontal scrolling The Run Sandboxie 3.46 Sandboxed dialog box expands vertically to accomodate a longer list of sandboxes and includes a new Run Outside Sandbox option to bypass Forced Programs Messages SBIE and SBIE issued less frequently Improvements to the stability robustness and performance of Sandboxie Improved support for -bit and -bit Windows Vista and Windows Support for -bit Windows should now be on par with -bit Windows Improved support for Microsoft products Windows Media Player Windows Office Windows Live Mail Improved support for third-party security software McAfee SiteAdvisor avast Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Blink Internet Security -bit Kasperksy Internet Security Online Armor Panda Cloud Antivirus Improved support for third-party applications EMClient Internet Download Manager JetStart LastPass Linkman NVDA ShortKeys Lite VirtuaWin WinAmp Xobni Plus Zotero For a full list of issues see the Sandboxie Beta Version forum Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie

A:Sandboxie 3.46

Thanks for the update. I used Sandboxie for a brief amount of time but really did not like it. Maybe it's time to give it another shot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/95395-sandboxie-3-46-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

i was wondering has anyone had experience with the Sandboxie program and is it complicated to use?

I found it puzzling at first but, once I understood that, if I actually wanted to keep anything I had seen while my browser was sandboxed I had to follow the instructions for moving the files onto the hard drive, it wasn't too bad.

I am probably the worlds worst at following printed instructions and find myself getting confused very easily. It looks like a program that is well worth the effort of doing some trial and error stuff that you wouln't miss if it went wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandboxie.644690/
Relevancy 39.56%

Whats the word with Sandboxie?Does anyone here use it? and does it work well with a 64 bit program?I need all the help I can get..so I'm hoping for good reviews.

A:sandboxie??

Sandboxing is a technique which creates an isolated operating/virtual environment in which applications can be run, tested or installed without permanently modifying the local drive. Sandboxes can be used for security and software development. For more specific information about how sandboxes work, please read A Taste of Computer Security: Sandboxing.Sandboxie is one example of a sandboxing tool.Getting Started: How to use Sandboxie - the tutorial has 6 parts

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389996/sandboxie/
Relevancy 39.56%

Do you think having sandboxie is useless or useful?

Is it useful beside the sandboxie "web browser"?

A:Is Sandboxie useful?

Sandboxie is useful if you take the time to configure it properly and use it. For me it was too difficult to configure and I'm often in a hurry and don't stop to use it. Therefore it didn't get used and I removed it. It has a place, but it's up to the user to put it to work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385930/is-sandboxie-useful/
Relevancy 39.56%

:welcomewave:

Sandboxie has been updated to Version 3.62!

Download: http://filehippo.com/download_sandboxie/

Changelog: http://filehippo.com/download_sandboxie/changelog/

Thanks

A:Sandboxie 3.62

Thx for info... excellent 32 Bit protection...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-3-62.4940/
Relevancy 39.56%

I came across an newspaper review of this Sandboxie product recently, which recommended it as an alternative way to protect against malware etc.http://www.sandboxie.com/Is anyone familiar with this? Is it effective?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106663/sandboxie/
Relevancy 39.56%

No need for controversial discussion about security, just install Sandboxie, your problems will be over.
The Free version is quite adequate for superb protection from intruders, just delete the sandbox on exit. Nothing gets out into your system.

Backed up by a reputable Free or paid for AV and Firewall program, this is the best security combination you can get on the Internet.

Your comments are welcome, but this combination is VERY GOOD.
Since I installed Sandboxie, I have not had ONE single instance of infection come up on my frequent scans.

John Bull

Anyone have a good way of removing dangerous files in a sandboxie that wont be on the system restore??? Tried using cclearner ,but it still ended up within the sandboxie system restore folder trying to get out so I just nuked all my old system restores.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341904/sandboxie/
Relevancy 39.56%

Anybody out there use it?
Your thoughts?

fmg

Sandboxie is probably the most used "real" sandbox application. Most people just use VMware to run untested apps in a virtual setting. But, if you don't have the money to shell out for another 7 license then sandboxie will do the trick, maybe even better than a virtual solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/79064-sandboxie.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Not sure if this is the right place to post this..? Ive seen some thing called '' Sandboxie '' ( Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later --If you use Windows 2000 or later my top recommendation for safe browsing is a free program called Sandboxie [1] that creates a special contained "sandbox" environment on your PC. While browsing within the virtual sandbox provided by Sandboxie you are totally corralled off from other parts of your PC. So any files you download are isolated to the sandbox. Similarly, any programs that are executed only do so within the sandbox and have no access to your normal files, the Windows operating system or any other part of your PC. has any one used this ..? if so can you please comment on it ...? Thanks ......... mypenry

No I have not used it. But a quick google gets widely diverse results as to version and cost. But generally very favorable reviews. Here are the first two results I got. There are more, by the way.

Download.com has it as version 1.85 30 day trial and $20.00 USD to buy.

Softpedia.com has it as version 2.42 Freeware

Be (New and Improved but Cheaper) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54592/sandboxie/
Relevancy 39.56%

Tired of dealing with rogue software spyware and malware Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links Introducing Sandboxie Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents Sandboxie 3.64 them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox Secure Web Browsing Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially Enhanced Privacy Browsing history cookies and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don t leak into Windows Secure E-mail Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can t break out of the sandbox and can t infect your real system Windows Sandboxie 3.64 Stays Lean Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox Change Log Sandboxie 3.64 - Link Usability improvements in Sandboxie components Sandboxie Start menu loads more quickly programs installed into the sandbox appear in a separate group in the menu Shortcut links to programs in the sandbox are created with the proper icon and description Fixed quot Recovery to Any Folder quot to behave the same way in the Quick Recovery Sandboxie 3.64 window and in the Files and Folders View New quot cut to clipboard quot feature in the Quick Recovery window and in the Files and Folders View New quot User Accounts quot feature in Sandbox Settings can restrict use of the sandbox to specific user accounts Improvements for programs running under the control of Sandboxie Programs can re-establish a connection to a disconnected network share Programs can be allowed to set up exceptions in the firewall see Sandbox Settings gt Restrictions gt Hardware Access Fixed a problem which caused Outlook under Sandboxie to lock up when accessing a digital certificate Fixed an issue where Adobe Acrobat Reader would occasionally asked to check for updates Improved compatibility with other software Security software COMODO Internet Security Dr Web Security Space G Data Internet Security suite Kaspersky Microsoft Security Essentials Browser utilities AdFender Folder Size Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer Logitech Scroll App Nitro PDF v and v Sticky Password Windows XP Fixed a conflict with update KB which caused error message SBIE to appear in some systems Download nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-3-64.6054/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Everyone:

I'm currently using Sandboxie or 64 bit PC, Windows 8.1. Would Sandboxie stop an exploit, I have the sandbox to automatically delete when the browser closes?

Tony

A:Sandboxie & Exploits

Bromium researches demonstrated that Sandboxie can be bypassed by the use of a vulnerability exploits. I can't remember which one(s) specifically. Below is one link.

http://labs.bromium.com/2013/07/23/application-sandboxes-a-pen-testers-perspective/

The likelihood of this sort of vulnerability being exploited on your system is very remote indeed.

It will be all right ... keep your sanity.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-exploits.43286/
Relevancy 39.13%

hi everyone.
i downloaded vtuploader from official website and allowed it to access internet in SBIE.
but i noticed that when i allowe vtuploader.exe (see picture)
it shows two .exe in SBIE(see picture)
could be a malware?

thank you in adavnce (i emailed them but didn't reply)

A:Sandboxie: does it happen to you too?

Could be a temporary process created by VirusTotal Uploader?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-does-it-happen-to-you-too.57776/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have looked everywhere on the Forum listings, but cannot find a Sandboxie item. Sorry, I am sure it is there somewhere as Sandboxie usually generates huge threads.

Here is my own small query.

I use FF with Sandboxie all the time. Cannot speak more highly of this superb program. It all gets in, but it sure don`t get out.

Question :-
I can open all my Desktop icons in Sandboxie by right clicking and sending them to the SBxie DefaulBox, except IE8. The "Send to" option does not come up, it is a smaller and different panel. It is the only icon that has declared UDI. IE is my unused second browser.

I am sure somebody will tell me why, how to correct it and at the same time laugh at my inadequacy. I do not use IE8, I use FF but tried IE for kicks.

John B

A:[SOLVED] Sandboxie

Sorry to raise a dummy thread. I since by accident found out how to make IE open in Sandboxie. Perhaps at least it will be of some use to others.

Right click SBxie tray icon.
Put cursor on DefaultBox>Run Any Program.
DefaultBox panel is shown - Run Sandboxed.
Enter " iexplore.exe " in box, click OK.
IE8 is opened in Sandbox.
All done !
John B

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-sandboxie-502322.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Combined installer http www sandboxie com SandboxieInstall- - exe Separate http www sandboxie com SandboxieInstall - - exe http www sandboxie com SandboxieInstall - - exe Fixes in Chrome crash error C invalid handle Chrome - hang web page unresponsive Chrome Beta Sandboxie hangs when printing to PDF Browsers cannot access Internet when using McAfee SaaS Silverlight crashing in Win viewtopic php t Excel sometimes crashes when copying large amounts of data Sandboxie now has language support for Farsi Persian Fixes in Several incompatibilities with Chrome amp have been fixed The problem with multiple Sandboxie update dialogs introduced in has been fixed Fixes in The auto-update feature only checked the next update time SbieCtrl NextUpdateCheck time when SbieCtrl exe was started If SbieCtrl exe was kept running it would never check the update time again This has been fixed Several large memory leaks reported by Dr Larry Pepper et al have been fixed In particular viewtopic php f amp t ASLR is now enabled for SbieDll dll bit bit will come later OpenIpcPath BaseNamedObjects FontCachePort is now in templates ini as a default Until now this was a suggested work-around for some Chrome problems NOTE the default only applies to new installs For existing installs you need to go into Sandbox settings- gt Applications- gt Miscellaneous and check the option quot Allow direct access to Windows Font Cache quot Sandboxie Beta NtQueryInformationProcess was not working correctly for bit apps running in bit Windows The sandbox path was returned instead of the host path This is mainly for Buster and BSA There is a new EULA license txt The Chrome permissions problem with drop rights is still being worked Fixes in Support for Chrome - Added hook for GetProcessImageFileName NtQueryInformationProcess so it now returns the faked sandboxed path Improvements to the Dutch language text Fixes in If SandboxieInstall exe tries to download the VC Redistributables and fails there is now a retry option The SbieSvc startup time has been increased from seconds to seconds Hopefully this will eliminate the following sequence of startup errors SBIE Initialization failed for process SBIE Error in GUI server SBIE Failed to start program Malware DarkComet is using a quirk in Windows to put up a MessageBox that does not have the sandboxed yellow window border This poses no security risk but to prevent user anxiety this has been fixed reported by a Sbie user Security has been tightened in other areas as well Fixes in Special flag added to OpenWinClass to restore Buster Sandbox Analyzer BSA message logging IgnoreUIPI allows low integrity sandboxed processes to send WM COPYDATA msgs to windows in higher integrity processes Example Sandboxie ini entries both lines required OpenWinClass TFormBSA OpenWinClass TFormBSA IgnoreUIPI This does not fix all the problems with BSA but it is a start Sandboxed cmd exe will crash if window title gt chars viewtopic php f amp t Fixed rare BSOD viewtopic php f amp t amp p Fixed kernel memory leak in SandboxieCrypto viewtopic php f amp t The combined installer SandboxieInstall exe now checks for the VC Redistributables DLLs we require If they are not up to date the installer will download and install the VC Redist from sandboxie com To clarify SandboxieInstall exe does not contain MS VC DLLs If they are already installed we are good to go If they are not installed or are not up to date we download the VC Redist installer package and execute it SandboxieInstall exe amp SandboxieInstall exe contain the DLLs we require If they are not installed or are not up to date we just copy the ones we require into system The VC Redist installer is never downloaded or executed Click to expand Source nbsp

A:Sandboxie Beta

Sandboxie 4.13.6 Beta / 4.12 Final

Homepage:http://www.sandboxie.com/

About:
Run programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Sandboxie requires neither the disabling nor blocking of functions available to Web sites through the browser. Instead, Sandboxie isolates and quarantines the outcome of whatever the Web site may do to your computer, including the installation of unsolicited software. There is no trade-off of functionality for security: the Web site can use the full range of active content tools, and if it uses these tools maliciously to install software or otherwise make changes in your computer, then these changes can be easily undone.
Sandboxie has originally been designed to increase the security of browsing with Internet Explorer, however it is just as effective with any other browser, and in fact, any other program. Sandboxie wraps a protection layer around the programs it supervises. It is this layer that intercepts and isolates any changes the programs make to the computer. And this layer is impartial to the specific program it wraps.
Sandboxie is a software that allows you isolates and quarantines website.

When you browse the web, changes occur to your computer system.
Most of the time these changes are harmless, like recording the addresses of web sites you have visited (and when), so the browser can help you complete a web address that you type in. Whether these changes are harmless or harmful, they do in fact happen to your computer system.

If you use Sandboxie to protect your browsing session, it catches all these changes just as the browser is about to apply them into your computer system. Sandboxie does record these changes on behalf of the browser, but it records them in a special isolated folder, called the sandbox.

Benefit of having a sandboxie is that it ensures your ability to get rid of all changes done by the browser, simply by deleting the sandbox folder.

Anotherfeature of Sandboxie is the ability to terminate all sandboxed programs at once. As some web sites tend to pop up three new browser windows for each one you close, you can have Sandboxie close all of them with a click of a button.

Note:
1.Use Sandboxie free of charge for any length of time that you desire. However, if you use Sandboxie for more than 30 days, the software will occasionally remind you to consider paying the registration fee. By doing that, you would show your support for further development and improvement of Sandboxie.
2.By paying the registration fee of $20 US-dollars you get a life-time registration key to this and and all upcoming versions of the Sandboxie product.

Version History:
http://www.sandboxie.com/?VersionChanges

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-beta.34930/
Relevancy 39.13%

Are these two conflicting to have installed at the same time?

A:Winpatrol and Sandboxie

taiowa72 said:

Are these two conflicting to have installed at the same time?Click to expand...

Nop

https://malwaretips.com/threads/winpatrol-and-sandboxie.37796/
Relevancy 39.13%

http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21331

Download:
http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall.exe

A:Sandboxie 4.20 released!

No problems so far.

venustus said:

http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21331

Download:
http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall.exeClick to expand...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-4-20-released.47616/
Relevancy 39.13%

There is SandBoxie software for XP. Is there a program like it

for Vista? I read some where that there is a SandBoxie type

application in the UAC.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-there-a-sandboxie-type-app-in-the-uac-352457.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Sandboxie Version 5.10 ( http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?VersionChanges#v_5.10 )
Released on 1 March 2016.

Sandboxie binaries are now dual-signed (SHA1 & SHA256) to eliminate IE 11 and Windows 10 certificate warnings.
Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14267 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)
Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14271 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)

======================================================
http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie 
======================================================
Remarks:
1)  I'm assuming there's still a FREE version available.
2) For what it's worth (for better or worse), I'm still running version 4.08 (or 4.09), the last version from Ronen Tzur (aka "Tzuk"), before Sandboxie was completely recoded using Visual Studio 2010.   See http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19580964
Caveat: I've started seeing some warning/error messages, as some of the older features are apparently no longer supported.  

A:Updates 3/1/16 - Sandboxie, SAS

02/29/2016
SAS6.0.1216
Technology Changes

Improvements to internal application logging for enhanced customer support
Changes to facilitate SUPERAntiSpyware partner builds
Misc. bug fixes

You will be prompted via the program's internal updater, when you open/run it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19677204
Relevancy 39.13%

A compilation of reviews can be found here:

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Compilation-of-current-reviews

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-review.13366/
Relevancy 39.13%

Morning Everyone:

I was pondering/wondering if I used Sandboxie and sandboxed my external HHD (which apparently you can do) if you did get infected would that stop it spreading to your USB/external HDD?

Tony

A:Sandboxie, USB's & Malware

Hmmmm I think the answer is no, because if you get infected with say a cryptolocker it will encrypt all files and folders it can find, including the HDD or USB, the sandboxed version of it is basically to protect the rest of your computer if your HDD has malware and has begun encrypting. It will only encrypt within the sandbox and leave the rest of your computer alone.

Think of it like this, your real computer has run files X, Y and Z while inside your sandbox has fake copies that are called X', Y' and Z'. When you run a cryptolocker unsandboxed it will affect all unsandboxed files, meaning X, Y and Z. If you run it in a sandbox it will of course only affect the sandboxed files, X', Y' and Z'. Running your HDD in sandbox will only protect your computer from malware within the HDD because only the HDD is sandboxed. If you run a malware outside the sandbox and your HDD is plugged in, then the malware would encrypt all files, no matter in the sandbox or not.

What happens when you sandbox your HDD is that it makes a copy of the files into your sandbox folder, and temporarily stores it there until you close the session, in which all data is cleared.

I hope you understand my long explanation

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-usbs-malware.46040/
Relevancy 39.13%

Released on Oct These are the changes to Sandboxie since version There is a new EULA license txt Fixed Chrome crash error C invalid handle Fixed Chrome - hang web page unresponsive Fixed Chrome hang when printing to PDF Browsers can now access Internet when using McAfee SaaS 4.14 Released Sandboxie Fixed Silverlight crash in Win http forums sandboxie com phpBB viewtopic php t Fixed Excel crash when copying large amounts of data Sandboxie now has language support for Farsi Persian The auto-update feature only checked the next update time sandbox ini setting SbieCtrl NextUpdateCheck time when SbieCtrl exe was started If SbieCtrl exe was kept running it would never check the update time again Several large memory leaks reported by Dr Larry Pepper et al have been fixed http forums sandboxie com phpBB viewtopic php f amp t ASLR is now enabled for SbieDll dll bit bit will Sandboxie 4.14 Released come later OpenIpcPath BaseNamedObjects FontCachePort is now in templates ini as a default Until now this was a suggested work-around for some Chrome problems NOTE the default only applies to new installs For existing installs you need to go into Sandbox settings- gt Applications- gt Miscellaneous and check the option quot Allow direct access to Windows Font Cache quot Added hook for GetProcessImageFileName NtQueryInformationProcess so it now returns the sandboxed path Improvements to the Dutch language text The SbieSvc startup time has been increased from seconds to seconds to eliminate the following sequence of startup errors SBIE Initialization failed for process SBIE Error in GUI server SBIE Failed to start program Malware DarkComet is using a quirk in Windows to put up a MessageBox that does not have the sandboxed yellow window border This poses no security risk but to prevent user concern this has been fixed Special flag added to OpenWinClass to restore Buster Sandbox Analyzer BSA message logging IgnoreUIPI allows low integrity sandboxed processes to send WM COPYDATA msgs to windows in higher integrity processes Example Sandboxie ini entries both lines required OpenWinClass TFormBSA OpenWinClass TFormBSA IgnoreUIPI Fixed Sandboxed cmd exe crash if window title gt chars http forums sandboxie com phpBB viewtopic php f amp t Fixed rare BSOD http forums sandboxie com phpBB viewtopic php f amp t amp p Fixed kernel memory leak in SandboxieCrypto http forums sandboxie com phpBB viewtopic php f amp t The combined installer SandboxieInstall exe now checks for the VC Redistributables DLLs Sandboxie requires If they are not up to date the installer will download and install the VC Redist from sandboxie com If SandboxieInstall exe tries to download the VC Redistributables and fails there is now a retry option To clarify SandboxieInstall exe does not contain MS VC DLLs If they are not already installed or are not up to date the installer will download the VC Redist installer package and execute it SandboxieInstall exe amp SandboxieInstall exe contain the DLLs Sandboxie requires If they are not installed or are not up to date the installer copies the ones required into system The VC Redist installer is not downloaded or executed Download Sandboxie Source nbsp

A:Sandboxie 4.14 Released

I'm new here and having trouble with this site. Don't know where to post my info.
Anyway Sandboxie is NOT available on Windows 10. This message is coming to you from
a test version of Windows 10. Now I am going to have to search for a sandboxie replacement.
I doubt I will be able to find this forum to see what responses I get.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-4-14-released.35278/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello Everyone:

I've just started using Sandboxie Pro 4.16 and see that you can run USB device inside the sandbox. Would doing so protect it against viruses and possibly ransomware?

Tony

A:Sandboxie, run USB/other Devices?

Definitely yes

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-run-usb-other-devices.43898/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have been playing around with Sandboxie the last few day and would like to discuss a few things with any sandboxie experts here Also if you are a sandboxie user feel free to post up your configurations how many sandboxes what restrictions etc you use so we can see and Sandboxie configs help what other users are up to I have for the moment set up a sandbox Sandboxie help and configs for IE and Windows Live Mail Sandboxie help and configs Internet access is retricted to IE WLM and adobe reader only Also i have blocked file acces to my data partition and allowed direct access to IE Sandboxie help and configs favourites So what i would like to know is Do i need to add internet acces to anyother programs e g Java Flash When i need to update flash etc can i just run the updater out of the sandbox or do i need to update flash then delete the contents of the sandbox so the new version is then added to the sandbox the next time it is run inside Again i would love to here about how some of configure your sandboxes and if you hav any recomendations Cheers Shaun nbsp

A:Sandboxie help and configs

I won't claim to be anything near an expert but I use SB on occasion. I do not think adding Flash, Java, SilverLight or other types of plug-in type programs is needed and possibly not a good idea to have things function 100% properly. I use one sandbox and really the only big change is to set for Auto Deletion of sandbox contents found under Delete>Delete Invocation. Under Restrictions I also confirm that Drop Rights is selected as it should be, beyond that I think the only other thing is how the browsers are setup as it pertains to what "Access" is allowed. Ff is bookmarks and history, cookies, and phishing databse, IE (which isn't used) set to Add Favs to Quick Recovery folders and cookies, lastly Opera which I just allow Access to bookmarks and the entire profile folder (probably not ideal for everyone but works for me best set this way).

EDIT: Appearance >>Display border around the window.(choose a color) <------- Also I do that, thanks for the reminder on that one Jack. Much of the rest is so specific to each user that is all to be configured as the specific user needs.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-help-and-configs.1881/
Relevancy 39.13%

Combined installer http www sandboxie com SandboxieInstall- - exe Separate http www sandboxie com SandboxieInstall - - exe http www sandboxie com SandboxieInstall - - exe Fixes in Flash standalone crashes in FFX Error messages SBIE Could not hook SetSecurityInfo SBIE DLL initialization failed for ntmarta dll Click to expand We are still unable to reproduce any problems with dropped rights and Chrome here Therefore we are going Sandboxie Beta v4.13.7 to turn into as soon as possible so that we Sandboxie v4.13.7 Beta have a released version that works with Chrome amp Then we will make another stab at the dropped rights problems Since Google Sandboxie v4.13.7 Beta has disabled any type of crash handling for unknown reasons Sandboxie will probably have to do it for them in so we can diagnose this BTW Chrome Beta bit even works now knock on wood So hopefully soon we can actually work on something besides Chrome Click to expand Source http forums sandboxie com phpBB viewtopic php f amp t nbsp

A:Sandboxie v4.13.7 Beta

New beta version 4.15.8 has been released.
Changelog

Fixes in 4.15.8
1) Fixed another Dll Initialization Failed issue
2) Error SBIE2101 now gives more information.
3) A security problem reported by a user has been fixed (details when 4.16 is released).Click to expand...

Download links:
Combined 32/64 installer: http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall-415-8.exe

32-Bit installer: http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall32-415-8.exe

64-Bit installer: http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall64-415-8.exe

Source: http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=19837

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-v4-13-7-beta.35227/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have tried using Sandboxie several different times and it always locks up my computer, I am looking for a alternative to use, not looking to troubleshoot the Sandboxie issue at this time just looking for something else to try, would like to run my web browser in the sand box,Thanks

A:Sandboxie alternative

You can try BufferZone

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-alternative.22391/
Relevancy 39.13%

I'll make short,

I've been testing sandboxie, I install comodo inside sandboxie, finished the installation, everything seems to be ok, no changes, but
today I opened chrome and and found extention trying to instal called privDog, done some serch and it's comodo's extension.

So something did leak from sandboxie to the system.

regards

A:Is sandboxie 100% safe? just maybe

It's most probably because you've logged in to your Google account on Chrome in Sandboxie. It saves your extensions, wherever you implement them.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/is-sandboxie-100-safe-just-maybe.25572/
Relevancy 39.13%

Version 3.68

Released on 10 April 2012.

These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 3.66.

This bug fix release addresses several issues that were reported shortly after the release of version 3.66.Click to expand...

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?VersionChanges#v_3_68

Relevancy 39.13%

Version Released on March These are the changes to Sandboxie since version This version is primarily a compatibility release which resolves a few recent issues - Improved compatibility with Google Chrome and Firefox plugin for Firefox version - Improved compatibility with Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer - Improved compatibility with SpyShelter Kaspersky PURE - v3.66 Released Sandboxie Improved compatibility ASUS CapsHooks UltraRecall Wacom Tablet devices New write-only feature - Files and registry keys outside the sandbox can be hidden similar to the closed paths feature - Programs in the sandbox can create new files or registry keys within the write-only locations - For more information please see Resource Access Settings Improved compatibility with Windows taskbar - Programs in sandbox will display the sandbox name when right-clicking the task bar button - Windows which belong to programs in different sandboxes will not be combined Sandboxie v3.66 Released into the same task bar button - A middle-click on the task bar button will start a copy of the program in the same sandbox Download nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-v3-66-released.6745/
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm using the latest Firefox and Sandboxie on my system. Every time I download something with FF running in sandboxie it crashes. I tried running Chrome inside sandboxie and downloaded something and its the same problem, crashes as well. I tried re-installing FF and sandboxie and it didn't help. I can successfully download when FF isn't running in sandboxie so its definitely a problem with sandboxie. I haven't installed anything new and it was working fine last week. Sandboxie has all the default settings except that it delete contents of sandbox.

Anyone have any ideas as I'm not great with sandboxie. I'm thinking a setting needs to be added or changed to allow me to download?

A:Sandboxie problem

Have you tried creating a new sandbox that uses only the default Sandbox Settings and then trying again to download something?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-problem.4375/
Relevancy 39.13%

Link

Ongoing beta.

Relevancy 39.13%

Released on 16 February 2016.
Improvements to application startup. Applications start faster and Windows 10 race conditions have been fixed.

A problem with splwow64.exe in Win 8.1+ 64 bit has been fixed. If a user printed from inside the sandbox using a 32 bit app, printing outside the sandbox would no longer work.

Office 2013 in Windows 10 is working under Sandboxie again.

F12 Developer Tools now works in IE-11.

In rare instances, SandboxieRpcSs.exe or SandboxieDcomLaunch.exe would not end when all other applications had exited.

A file named c:\program.exe no longer prevents SandboxieRpcSs.exe from starting.

The known conflicts list in templates.ini has been updated.
Fixed wrong Windows version # reported for Windows 8.1 (e.g. with What's My User Agent?). Windows 8.1 was reported as Windows 8.0.

Windows 10 fast ring build 14251 "IsHungAppWindow" hook issue.

Fixed rare Chrome 64 error SBIE2303 Could not hook VerifyCatalogFile (888).
Homepage ? http://www.sandboxie.com

Size: 8.12 MB

Download Sandboxie 5.08 Final (32-bit, 64-bit)

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-5-08-%E2%80%93-final.56465/
Relevancy 39.13%

I understand that Sandboxie has not updated their templates since they were bought by Invincea, and that there is a potential for Sandboxie to interfere with the functioning of the AV, due to Sandboxie's agressive hooks into the Windows kernel, and other reasons. They recommend to use the native Windows Defender, which doesn't conflict.

What do you Sandboxie users run on your PCs? WD, or third-party AV? Or you aren't so concerned about AV, since you are sandboxed anyway?

I was using Webroot SA, but I saw that SBIE doesn't even have a template for it at all, and furthermore, webroot has its own sandbox feature, and that made me concerned about hidden conflicts.

A:3rd party AV with Sandboxie, or not?

Correction. A/V conflicts with Sandboxie. Please get that straight. And we list the conflicts. We don't hide that.

The aggressive hooks are needed, but unless you're a Dev supporting a program that has to work with Windows XP -Win 10 while working with a multitude of browsers, programs, security, tokens, etc.etc.etc.etc.etc. it's hard to grasp.

There are 6 million A/V vendors it seems like. It's not our job to work with EVERY ONE of them. As we have our own proven, industry leading function to do...sandboxing-isolation- A container. Sorry we didn't dedicate resources to one particular A/V vendor. Your priorities are wrong it appears. Do you want to rely on A/V? Or proven containment????

The templates open up holes in the sandbox and/or allow the A/V to work by ignoring the SB container. There are many other A/V software we've tested that works with SBIE. That's updated in our forum regularly and other long term, seasoned SBIE users have agreed Defender is all you need if your are curious what MAY be in the sandbox.

Again, if SBIE is your primary protection, then the "extra" layer is just that...a feel good layer to see what is in the Sandbox.

As for templates, That's not only an invincea issue. The original creator of SBIE wasn't a fan of templates either. Why should we waste resources on making A/V work with us when it's not needed overall & usually directly interferes with our product? We do that as a courtesy.

As for other "Sandboxing" programs, well.... All I can say, there is only one Sandboxie. Proven. For over a decade. With 4+ million users.

But you have Webroot....

https://malwaretips.com/threads/3rd-party-av-with-sandboxie-or-not.59736/
Relevancy 39.13%

I've XP home. I saw this today from zonealarm firewall that the process is trying to access internet. I refused it. The program recently got installed when browsing the IE. Registry entry and process monitor indicates it as sandboxie start program and ttool. I scanned with antivir, malware and superantispyware and they don't think as a threat.

Googled on sandboxie and got hits but nothing says a virus. googled on on essledv.exe and one entry from CA says may be a threat.

Need expert advice on this. Thanks!!

Sandboxie start: essldedv.exe located in c:\windows folder. Entries are there in msconfig as to start on machine start time.

Relevancy 39.13%

Beta Link

Relevancy 39.13%

I am using Firefox & before 4-5 day i downloaded sandboxie & both works great together but after uninstall,when yesterday i reinstall it,whenever i run firefox under Sandboxie i am unable to copy or past anything & also i also failed to click on add ons or change my search engine.I am using it in both default box & my box(created by me) but same result.

note:when i reinstall it,Sandboxie automatically shows my box while i created it in my first install.I am using EAM,WSA & Some time netgate firewall.
I am selected access to bookmark,cookies,profile but not work till.
Any suggestion ?

Relevancy 39.13%

Sandboxie do not have a version for W7 64 bit, has anyone got any other alternatives. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Sandboxie alternative for w7 64 bit

Do you have Windows 7 Pro or greater and a Hardware VM capable computer. If so you could just run Sandboxie and your apps virtually inside XP Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandboxie-alternative-for-w7-64-bit.876084/
Relevancy 39.13%

I tried opening chrome x64 in sandboxie and got bombarded by error messages.
Sandboxie 5.10

I am running windows 10 x64 stable build.
security config:
windows defender
windows firewall
HitmanPro.Alert
SecureAPlus

when I installed sandboxie, it detected HMP.A and applied appropriate settings.

A:how to run chrome in sandboxie?

i run it with SBIE and w10 64 bit with no problems. now i use ff anyway.
oh wait. maybe they are popups related to settings: can you post SBIE code of those errors?
did you allow only chrome.exe to access internet?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-run-chrome-in-sandboxie.57770/
Relevancy 39.13%

For those of you using the x64 flavor of Windows 7, Sandboxie author Tzuk has recently released a beta version of the popular sandboxing program that is compatible with 64-Bit operating systems. It's still in development, I gather, but given the way many people have highly praised the efficacy of SandBoxie on 32-Bit XP, Vista, and Windows 7, this looks like something to keep an eye on.

You can find the post with a download link on the official Sandboxie forums here. Keep it mind it's still in development!

A:Sandboxie for 64-Bit systems.

Drat!! The Sandboxie driver won't install on my system due to that stupid Fake Raid controller. Nothing but headaches from that thing. I have no idea why they put it in a PC with only one HD instead of using a standard Sata controller.

edit: btw the specs for my system shows AMD dual core because that's running W7 32 bit. The 64 bit PC has Vista64 SP1 quad core with fake raid.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/52583-sandboxie-64-bit-systems.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have just installed this program and am still getting used to it I understand that I can run it work Sandboxie How be and used? does - my browser in the sandbox but if I download a program or create some new tabs in my browser they won't be Sandboxie - How does it work and be used? saved I have also read that you can run 'windows explorer' sandboxed so if you have a crash you can continue because of 'windows explorer' being sandboxed I don't even know what 'windows explorer' is What I want to know is if any information that needs to be saved won't Sandboxie - How does it work and be used? be saved because it's in the sandbox This is what I'm trying to get my head round What is happening when something is in the sandbox What else could I sandbox which would be useful I know that I can play a game sandboxed or open a file using 'Sandboxie' to view the contents and I will be protected if there is anything bad inside the file How do users of 'Sandboxie' use it to give me an idea of how it can be used How do you go about installing new programs How can I run everything sandboxed and do everything I used to do on my laptop but with extra protection Any thoughts will be appreciated Thanks

A:Sandboxie - How does it work and be used?

I stopped using Sandboxie in version 2.x. I've forgotten most of it. So I recommend the Sandboxie Quick Questions Forum

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/54604-sandboxie-how-does-work-used.html
Relevancy 39.13%

can anybody tell me what this is and how it works? If this is not a good program please tell me. Thank you
David

A:Solved: sandboxie

Well, Sandboxie creates a virtual environment in your computer and lets you run the softwares in that particular virtualized environment. It basically works changes the way programs access the harddisk; Programs run through the read operation and then when they send the information or store any information, they use the write operation and write on the harddisk. But what sandboxie does is that it creates a layer in between, which allows users to actually read from the harddisk but writes in that sandbox environment.

Go to this website: http://www.sandboxie.com/ this has a more detailed info on this matter....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sandboxie.546258/
Relevancy 39.13%

Download link for most recent version 4.05.07:

32-bit
http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall32-405-07.exe

64-bit
http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall64-405-07.exe

No changelog

A:Sandboxie 4.05.xx Beta

Sandboxie beta version 4.05.08 Released
Download link for most recent version 4.05.08:
32-bit
http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall32-405-08.exe

64-bit
http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall64-405-08.exe

Source:
http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16079

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-4-05-xx-beta.18023/
Relevancy 39.13%

I know that many people really like Sandboxie. Is it really that effective against malware escaping? I am just curious about what you guys think. Thanks for your input.

A:Is Sandboxie good?

Sandboxie is an excellent piece of software, one can not go wrong adding it to their arsenal.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/is-sandboxie-good.14431/
Relevancy 39.13%

Normally when I use sandboxie the message says there are folders that need to be deleted but on this account it has bookmarks, data reporting, extensions, components Systems KHlpFF and a load of other things, I haven't a clue what it all means. usually it asks for folders to be deleted which I do assuming that it is not deleting my work, things that I want. and I have been putting it off - now there is a total of 1560 files, 476 folders. Help please.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2015 Mb
Graphics Card: SiS 650, 32 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76308 MB, Free - 50212 MB;
Motherboard: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL, GA-8SIMLNF
Antivirus: Panda Free Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Sandboxie needs a clean out.

I haven't used Sandboxie for some time and others here who use Sandboxie, may need to help you.
I have only ever run the browser in Sandboxie.
Right click the browser and click 'Run Sandboxed'

You will need to check all the folders and files in Sandboxie and the ones that you know are safe - can be recovered to the same folder.
Whatever program and application that you have run Sandboxed, can be recovered in the same way.
Check Quick Recovery
http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?QuickRecovery

Files And Folders View
http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?FilesAndFoldersView
http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?GettingStarted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandboxie-needs-a-clean-out.1142532/
Relevancy 39.13%

I've just heard about 'Sandboxie'. I would appreciate any comments that anyone has about the program...such as, how best to use it, things to avoid, how user friendly is it etc. I've done some reading about it and if it is so good in dealing with spyware and other malware, why haven't I heard about it before? Should I remove SpyBot and Ad-Aware if I install Sandboxie? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-sandboxie-worthwhile.587320/
Relevancy 39.13%

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with IDM and sandboxie I've been testing IDM and If I run cyberfox sandboxed IDM doesn't load but it loads fine with regular firefox sandboxed? Not sure whats causing the issue I set IDM up so it isn't sandboxed just to test and see if that would work but same thing it uses the regular built in downloder interface. The only way I've been able to get it to work is if I try to download a youtube video or something then it works strangely enough.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/anyone-had-issues-with-idm-and-sandboxie.55502/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,

I have a question about Sandboxie. It is: Where does Sandboxie store its registration info? Just curious...
I'm innocent and I have nothing to do with piracy.

Thanks!

A:A Question About Sandboxie

Most likely on their server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/313733-question-about-sandboxie.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Anyone use the program Sandboxie???

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Sounds like it might be a good program but want more info/input from someone that has used/experienced it.

Don't know if this is the proper forum, if not, mods please feel free to move it.

Thanks

A:Question about "Sandboxie"

Hi jimnor46,

I've been using Sandboxie for six months now and wouldn't be without it. Best advice I can give is spend a lot of time on the Sandboxie website to learn the basics. There's a lot of well explained tutorials there, click Sandboxie icon in my sig. for link. The SB Forums are also a good place to learn more.

Although SB is quite configurable, it provides excellent protection right out of the box, so to speak.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230031/question-about-sandboxie/
Relevancy 39.13%

i used to use sandboxie all the time with XP and thought it was a great program, but alas it isnt supported with 64bit win7, is there a similar prog that will work with win7?
thanks

A:sandboxie and 64bit

No, this can't be done as effectively with Windows 7 64-bit because of kernel patch protection.

as a side effect, Windows 32-bit with Sandboxie is more secure than 64-bit without it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/34863-sandboxie-64bit.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello All
On a non computer forum I have been reading about software called Sandboxie
Suppose to protect from infections by containing viruses and malware in the ?sandbox? of its program so that it cannot infect your computer.
I would like to learn more about this. Specifically is it as good as it sound? Also what is the downside?
I did a search here at BC but only find it mentioned in passing or highlighted in HJT logs.
My suspicion is that if it was really great BC would have a link for it.
Best Regards
Nawtheasta

A:What is “Sandboxie” and is it worth having.

Quite a few of us use itI believe it's listed in the Freeware Apps. subforumhttp://www.sandboxie.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297837/what-is-sandboxie-and-is-it-worth-having/
Relevancy 39.13%

and if so, how do you like them?

A:Sandboxes? Sandboxie? others?

and if so, how do you like them?Sorry for responding so late. Yes...I use Sandboxie. Have been doing so for about a year now. Big fan. Although I still have an anti-virus program and an on-demand anti-spyware program on my system, I find myself relying mostly on Sandboxie for protection when surfing the 'net or testing new programs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192984/sandboxes-sandboxie-others/
Relevancy 39.13%

Sandboxie was bought out by Invincea. Does anyone know a good stand alone alternative to Sandboxie that still has support/updates? Thanks.   

A:Alternative to Sandboxie

you can find some useful info in this thread
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=357642&highlight=sandboxie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519327/alternative-to-sandboxie/
Relevancy 39.13%

latest beta build version 3.39.02 supports 7600.16385. 32-bit only.

www.sandboxie.com :: View topic - About This Section (Latest Version 3.39.02)

A:Sandboxie compatible again!

Quote: Originally Posted by garbanzo

latest beta build version 3.39.02 supports 7600.16385. 32-bit only.

www.sandboxie.com :: View topic - About This Section (Latest Version 3.39.02)

Thanks for the info!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/18770-sandboxie-compatible-again.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have my wife run Facebook inside a Sandboxie session anytime she is online and today we noticed that the program began returning "certificate untrusted" messages on every website it went to--even Google. I've run MalwareBytes with rootkit detection on and nothing was returned. I reinstalled Sandboxie and the same issue presents itself. It does not happen outside of Sandboxie. Any thoughts as to what is going on?

A:Sandboxie question...

Take a look at the untrusted certificate, it might give you a clue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557385/sandboxie-question/
Relevancy 39.13%

I use Sandboxie for when I know the sites I'm going to probably have malware on them, and Malwarebytes detected some of the sites as unsafe, is that normal, or is that Sandboxie not working correctly?

A:Sandboxie Question

Are you running Malwarebytes within the sandbox? If so, that would prevent it from functioning properly. See this topic.When attempting to go to a potential malicious website, Malicious Website Blocking (IP Protection) will block the attempt and provide an alert.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525475/sandboxie-question/
Relevancy 39.13%

If this is the wrong forum for my question, I apologize.
I am looking for some kind of use guide or tutoirals so that I will know how to use it.
It is Sandboxie 3.68 version, if that makes a difference.
Thank you.

t-4-2

A:Sandboxie tutorials ?

What's wrong with the dozen tutorials that are on the web?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/226142-sandboxie-tutorials.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all I'm running Vista Home Premium bit and have tried to install both of the above programmes but have had problems I really like Winamp for its look and particularly the visualizations which I think are a lot better than WMPs Anyway I had a lot of problems with it but then read that the bug was with Winamps cd ripper so I disabled that and it now runs fine However I used to rip my cds to disc in Winamp and now I can't and I'm not sure about using WMPs ripper as I hear rumours about DRM etc I have Nero Ultimate but can't figure a way to use that to rip to my HDD it always wants to make cd copies Can anyone suggest a way to do this in Nero or a way to make Winamp fully functional or an alternative cd ripper I could install Also Sandboxie won't install at all and I use to love this elegant security solution with XP I used to run my browser in it and test bed any software etc in it As a result I had very few problems Once again does anyone have any suggestions to get it to run or an alternative sand box type solution Thanks for listening John Winamp Sandboxie& Intel Core Quad Q Asus P N-E SLI gb OCZ ram gb HDD nVidia GT GPU

http://www.vistax64.com/software/89218-sandboxie-winamp.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Sandboxie Version 5.14
Released on 26 September 2016.

Added new Sbie setting BlockNetworkFiles. It is available under Sandboxie Settings -> Restrictions.
When BlockNetworkFiles=y, sandboxed applications are blocked from reading network files or folders. Individual files/folders can be opened for reading/writing using the normal Resource Access settings.

This option is enabled by default for new sandboxes.

Fixed hang when starting MS Office applications.
Eliminated error SBIE2314 Cancelling process xxxx.exe (xxxx / 9)
Proxy Auto Config (PAC) files were not functioning in Win 10 Anniversary.
Vivaldi is now supported.
Fixed the Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant issues (hotmail.com, outlook.com, etc.)
Fixed clipboard copy/paste failure from sandbox to host.
Fixed Actual Window Manager.

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19993081
Relevancy 39.13%

Sup all you tech people,

My concern lies with my new computers Vista 64 Bit OS, Sandboxie doesnt support 64 bit.......

My question is: Is there an alternative, or what are all the others with Vista 64 bit Using or doing for security precautions?

And what the diff between 64 bit and 32 bit?

Peace

Neb.

Relevancy 39.13%

Im currently using online armor and avast. Problem im having is when i run a sandboxed browser.firefox is freezing as soon as it visits a webpage and there is a green border also. Does anybody have any ideas how i can configure sandboxie to run correctly here.Ive run this combination in the past with no problems at all. I narrowed the problem down to sandboxie and sadly ive uninstalled sandboxie. Thanks.

A:Sandboxie problem,

Open sandboxie and check the "getalongbettercompatability" box for on line armor

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/252692-sandboxie-problem.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,
I'm having a serious problem with Sandboxie, it just refused to run, and now I can't seem to do anything with it, first of all I got a message saying "crnsygjwbmpdgjwvhm" has stopped working ??? followed by the message "Sandboxie COM services (RPC) has stopped working, I finally managed to uninstall it and reinstalled an updated version (3.47) but the problem remains, and now I have a message box on screen which I can't get rid of saying "SBIE2204 cannot start sanboxed service RpcSs (-1). Has anyone any ideas on this?

A:Trouble with Sandboxie

Your problem is being discussed in the link below:http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p...c6afce7177ee7b8Suggest you review processes in process manager to see what is using up your processor's time during startupand after.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341227/trouble-with-sandboxie/
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm getting virus pop-ups in the taskbar pretending to be Windows Security Center. I looked through Windows Task Manager to look for new programs running and found and removed them (wscsvc32.exe, richtx64.exe, and several files like 582.exe). There are also files from Sandboxie Start in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp, that are imitating system files (winlogon.exe, avp.exe, logon.exe, notepad.exe). This has been more difficult to remove because I'm not finding the root cause. McAfee seems to also be detecting some of the files because it is asking me if I want to allow a registry change.

Please let me know what I need to do.

A:Sandboxie Start

Also, during several restarts, a line from the Tools pull down menu in a regular file window disappeared. Tools\Folder Options was no longer a choice. It has since returned, and I made hidden files visible. But after a few minutes the selection reverses and hidden files disappear again. The only file I've found that remains is a fake "winlogon.exe" and the system does not seem to allow me to delete it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandboxie-start.884620/