Windows Support Forum

replace AM37L in emachines?

Q: replace AM37L in emachines?

Hey, all. I have an emachined W1640 here, and in 3 days have had one intelligent conversation with the BIOS, and otherwise blank screens. Tried a AGP video card - gave me my one encounter with the bios - but after the one time, can't even get the floppy to cycle once.

DO I have any options beside a new motherboard or computer? What's the cheapest solution to fix this beast?

Thanks, ed

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: replace AM37L in emachines?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: replace AM37L in emachines?

Those older emachines seem to be having an epidemic of power supply failures. You can get a PS tester for under $15. But the motherboard can be damaged when the PS fails. You can replace the PS with any ATX model, you dont have to get the replacement from emaxhines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-am37l-in-emachines.42354/
Relevancy 63.64%

Ok guys I've had problems overcoming this stupid problem. We all know that HP's and EMACHINES come with special restoration cds. BUT When we run into the problem where the owner of the pc has virus infested os's that wont boot, or bad hd's that need replacing without being able to be ghosted, and also have bad motherboards that need replacing, what do you guys do about installing windows with these different motherboards!? I dont want to install a pirated home edition but is there anything we can do other than buying another copy of xp since they already bought a copy with their emachine or hp? Thanks guys! This has been bugging me for some time now!

Clifnotes: I cant use the restore CD's on Emachines/HP's with these new replacement motherboards, so how do I work around/fix this?

A:When you guys replace mb's on hp/emachines, what do you do about the OS?

I wonder that myself as well, is there a way to 'restore' everything back on a different mobo in HPs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-you-guys-replace-mbs-on-hp-emachines-what-do-you-do-about-the-os.50615/
Relevancy 63.21%

Wish I d motherboard toast. it is What Emachines with? replace to read the post about the power supply It destroyed my son s motherboard It s a T Emachines told me to replace it with their FIC VG Emachines motherboard is toast. What to replace it with? which is a socket Pentium based on chipset Intel GE FSB MHz Since my son has not backed up his music files he could Emachines motherboard is toast. What to replace it with? just replace it with the VG and everything should work My question is do I have to do that There are some Intel boards that look like they might be better but I m a real novice This is an old machine and I don t want to spend a fortune Do I get a new motherboard CPU or can I just buy a new motherboard and use the old CPU There s an Intel D GEBV S FSB DDR ATX A V WB Intel Pentium processor in a PGA socket with a MHz system bus It s only from Hyper Microsystems Is it okay or should I go for a better model My son is a musician and his girlfriend does lots of graphics Any recommendations would be appreciated Eventually we ll just have to upgrade to a better machine but for now I just want the thing to work nbsp

A:Emachines motherboard is toast. What to replace it with?

I would just get a new system that is upgradable at a later time. I don't want to be biased since I own a Dell but you could go to Walmart and buy a whole new system that can be upgraded a component at a time at a later date. I bought mine from Dell before they were available retail. Just a suggestion:

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...query=dell&ic=24_0&Continue.x=27&Continue.y=5

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-motherboard-is-toast-what-to-replace-it-with.81550/
Relevancy 62.35%

My onboard video is not up to snuff - it may or may not be the IGP video on the motherboard, but I would like to put a VIdeo card in and see how things look with a new video card to replace the onboard video.

Can anyone tell me what video card would be good (doesn't have to be high end), and also, what wattage power supply should I get and is there a vendor who has both? Perhaps on ebay, a recommended eMachines upgrade or something?

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for stuff on ebay. I guess it might be hard to find a PCI video card for such an old machine.

I realize that I will have to go into the Control Panel under Devices and disable the onboard chip before rebooting with the new card installed.

I guess I could use a PCI Express Graphics card or something like that?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129951-emachines-t6412-need-new-video-card-replace-igp.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I was looking to build a friend a computer, but he asked that I replace the hardware inside of his existing tower to save him the cost of a brand new one. However, when I've looked up specs on the eMachines W3107, it just states that the form factor is "Tower"... which doesn't help me at all.

I don't build desktops on the regular, although I have finished a few recently. So I'm a bit unsure on this one and wanted to get some input from you guys.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all The laptop in question is a Toshiba Satellite A -S A few weeks ago it got dropped right on its adapter? Replace the replace the or jack power corner Replace the power jack or replace the adapter? with the power plug still in it the little metal plug of the AC adapter is now slightly crooked and the power jack has a little chip off the plastic part of it Anyway after this mishap it worked fine for another weeks and then suddenly this week it s refusing to power up Its battery has been shot for a while can t hold a charge and I ve been using it with the battery out Why the sudden refusal to boot I took the whole thing apart---minus the little chip the power jack looks totally fine and cosmetically sound Put the whole thing back together taking care to check that plugs were snug---still no power Stuck in the crappy battery booted just fine and then shut itself down after like minutes How likely is it that it s the power jack which is broken And why did it take this long to crap out if it IS broken A new one of those silly jacks costs over on eBay so I want to make sure that it s the jack before I just up and buy one Of course if it s the AC adapter that s broken that would cost even more Bah Input nbsp

A:Replace the power jack or replace the adapter?

AND/OR inside the case the the jack is soldered directly to the motherboard. Is also possible that
1) It's already cracked
2) If not yet, it's gonna crack

So look to see what connection looks like between power jack and motherboard, If you feel u wanna/can re-solder yourself or the typically price to redo the whole power thing seems to run $125 parts/labor/warranty if you take it somewhere. So how much is it all worth to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-the-power-jack-or-replace-the-adapter.121170/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I need Replace in Find Column) different (but Replace & a to Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column) know if there is a function perhaps a Macro or Query or a more complex Find amp Replace that can accomplish the following cause my database is huge amp I m hoping not to do this manually I keep an Access database for my homeowners association on the condition amp conformity of different exterior attributes for about townhomes The Board of Directors wants to move away from using the term quot Grandfathered quot which is distinguished by the acronym quot GF quot in the database column that shows conformity labeled IAW We use this database to generate annual architectural reports for our residents Our board wants the entry quot GF quot replaced with a quot Y quot they want the GF entry removed from the report completely amp they re serious about it Now I have already created a Query that has located all the GF entries in their various columns of various records which our Board wants me to use in an internal quot in-office quot database in order to keep track of what attributes actually were grandfathered originally as a reference for our field inspector when he inspects the townhomes But we also want to create an unassuming symbol on the report perhaps an or a something that will alert the inspector to an attribute that once was grandfathered on his field report This is to be done so that he will not be flying blind when he comes across a non-conforming attribute i e he will see the symbol amp know that that symbol means there used to be a quot GF quot in it s place BUT we want to move that symbol to a different column a column labeled quot Comments quot I could run the Find amp Replace function find all the GF s amp replace them with a Y but that symbol would go right back in the very same column that the GF came out of So is there a way to find all the GF s in one column amp replace them w a Y in that same column but have a symbol quot quot appear in another column of the same record I know it sounds complicated but can it be done Thanks mark man Access nbsp

A:Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column)

see attached. But actually getting that data back to the table, if that is what you want, is a bit trickier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-replace-but-replace-in-a-different-column.709333/
Relevancy 40.85%

For some reason W7 has decided to change 'Copy and Replace' with 'Move and Replace' when picking a file up with the left mouse and dragging it to another folder where an old version of the file exists.

My Excel SS is in two places: My desktop and USB which I use for backup. I would simply open the folder on the USB pick up the file on the desktop with the left mouse and drag it to the USB folder. Then I would get the message 'Copy and Replace'.. But not anymore it's become 'Move and Replace'.

I know I can 'Copy and Replace' by holding down the Ctrl key but I dont want to.

It looks like there should be a simple answer

Can anyone help? I swear I didnt change anything.

A:How can I 'Copy and Replace' not 'Move and Replace'.

Hi,
Have you ever tried right click drag and drop ?
There will be a list option after you drop,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334529-how-can-i-copy-replace-not-move-replace.html
Relevancy 39.56%

We have Ecobyte find not replace Need utility and robust Replace - a 2.2 text but Text Like a TON of text based INI files for our companies software deployment scripts We also have a TON of people who use different ways to deploy the same software On one server alone we can have a bunch of different ways people install E G msiexec exe quiet norestart i dfs dfsshare SAV Symant msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt server Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not share WIN Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt msiexec exe quiet norestart i server share SAV WIN Symantec Client Security msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt dfs dfsshare SAV Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt and so on down the line I LIKE the abilities of Ecobyte Replace Text but the problem is I have to type in the whole line as it is in the file to then replace it with the new one for the new deployment What I want to do is have a search based on PART of the line so I can then put in Symant msi and Symantec Client Security msi and replace the ENTIRE line with a new line Is there any multi file utility that allows you to search for part of a text line but replace the entire text line nbsp

A:Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-robust-text-find-and-replace-utility-like-ecobyte-replace-text-2-2-but-not.837870/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok now its been a while since my pc has not been working Ive had it for just over a year now One day i turned it on and it would get to the Bios splash page but it would not go any further There were no beeps nothing All fans run and from what i remember hard drives would start spinning too I thought maybe it was a replace that replace.. is the To to or question. not PSU problem as the PSU would have very subtle flickering sounds almost like sparking cables However after taking the PSU to a technician they said it was working fine This cost me AUD What he then told me was that it may be the mobo But before i go and send it to a proper technician and fork out X amount of money id like to get your opinion As i mentioned above The pc turns on doesnt boot past the BIOS splash screen and just stays there There are odd noises from the PSU Here is my setup ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon PC- x gb CAS To replace or not to replace.. that is the question. Corsair DDR mem Radeon X GTO Iceturbo Thermaltake w power supply Maxtor gb Maxline III WD Raptor GB Creative Audigy ZS I have not had the guts to take anything out and test them individually But has anyone had or heard of this problem before What could it be about the motherboard that would also make the PSU make that noise Is it just a safety mechanism of the PSU SOS nbsp

A:To replace or not to replace.. that is the question.

Hi and welcome to Techspot!!

Test the RAM sticks individually. One of them might be bad. You can use Memtest86 to try them out.

Also, try them in different memory slots. That sometimes helps.

Regards :wave:

BTW, Great thread title

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-replace-or-not-to-replace-that-is-the-question.75301/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi i bought this computer at a trifty store and i got home and i found that has a problem that i have never seen, the problem is that i just plug in the back cable to the power supply box and it turns on directly i don't even have to turn it on from the front botton and it does'n even show any windows it doesn't detect my monitor too

what can it be

Relevancy 34.83%

Can I hook up a larger screen like a 24" RCA flatscreen tv to my emachines NAV51 for a larger picture

A:Emachines

If you are referring to the eMachines N350 netbook, then yes you can connect an external monitor via a VGA cable to the VGA port on the left side of the netbook.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines.1056834/
Relevancy 34.83%

i have just bought a secondhand computer as above , what would be the best programme to run , which would put everything back to when it was bought as new .
thanks all , pete

A:win xp emachines 360

If you have the recovery/restore disk set just run that and do a full restore, if you do not have this disk set then either order them from eMachines or try to find them via the internet possibly thru eBay or the such or purchase a Microsoft Windows install disk of the type of windows that you prefer like windows xp home and then do a clean install with formatting the hard drive and you should be all set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-emachines-360.694511/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a eMachines T3256. My house's power went off, then came back on the other day. Now, when I turn on the computer, the hard drive light comes on and stays on, the cooling fans work and that's all. The power switch on the front won't even turn it off. I have to unplug it. There is no POST beep or any indication that anything is happening. I've unplugged all cords from back, left the CMOS battery out for several hours, reseated the memory, removed the modem, still nothing. I don't have another CPU to stick in it.
I tried a new power supply, same result. I don't have a large budget. Any ideas what to try next?

Relevancy 34.83%

I have an emachines pc, I had an NTLDR is compressed error, I tried to fix it. Now windows is not operating correctly. I wont read cd or have any sound some components are not working correctly. I simply want to try to run the system resotre cd and try it again. Any suggestions???
Thanks
V

A:emachines

and welcome to the Forum

How did it get compressed?

Do you have an installation disc or a restore disc ?. .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachines-533600.html
Relevancy 34.83%

So i previously had windows xp on my emachines pc until i got windows 7. I installed it and everything went smoothely until it started up and it takes me to the emachines recovery management with 2 options
the first one is gray and wnt let me click it it says
"Restore System from factory defauly"

and the second one is "exit"

it only lets me click exit and when i click it it just restarts the pc and brings me back to this plz help

Relevancy 34.83%

Here's one for the books [I think!]. I've installed a new hd in a late model emachine [Emachine was the first mistake]. I cannot get the system to recognize the floppy drive. It will boot from the CD-ROM. When I attempt to use either the Millenium Restore CD or a Win 98SE CD, the system will boot, attempt to install the CD-ROM drivers and report "no drives found" and abort. [The BIOS recognizes both the hd and the rom]. When I type DIR at the a: prompt the CD is read instead of the floppy. In all applications it seems the ROM is being identified as the floppy, or "a" drive. If I remove the CD-ROM the system will still not identify the floppy drive. Any ideas out there will be appreciated.

Relevancy 34.83%

i hav a T2742 at work n it was having problems. so i did a system restore wit the cd. now everytime when i get to choose my computers name it freezes. i tried skipping it. stil didn't work anyway solution?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi.

I've had this Emachines T2200 running Windows XP for a long time, without really any errors besides a cooling fan, and CD drive dying on me. The problem that I noticed today with it is that whenever I try to use the Emachines Restore to Factory Settings CDs the computer will go into a blank screen, and won't turn up to recovery mode. And when I try to reconfigure the settings of the BIOs to see the boot sequence to make sure the CD runs first, that doesn't even load! Whenever I try to press F8 or F6 a beep is heard and that's it. After that, Windows will load up.

If anyone can spare some time on this could you help?

Thanks in advance!

A:Emachines Help

BIOS is uaually accessed by pressing F2 . . DEL or ESC . . . F8 gets you to safe mode . . For help entering BIOS: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachines-help-203233.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Emachines T2642 desktop
256MB Ram
40GB Hard drive

I bought the computer about 5 or 6 years ago for my children and its got pretty slow over time. I am not sure if I should upgrade the memory/ and or hard drive to speed it up, or use something they call Register Cleaner. I have no knowledge of the register cleaner or how to use it but read a little about it. I heard that I can transfer all my kids data to a External Hard drive to free up room, if thats true can someone explain to me how to do that? I need some oppinions here please.

Thanks,

Mike

A:Emachines with XP

Well, you could try defragmenting your hard drive. Hard drive fragmentation occurs over time from deleting and adding files. To defragment your hard drive(this is for Windows XP, I forgot if it's any different on 98/ME), open my computer, right click the drive, click Properties, click the Tools tab, then click the "Defragment now" button. Note that it could take some hours, but when it's done your files will be arranged to make reading and writing faster.

Quote:

I heard that I can transfer all my kids data to a External Hard drive to free up room, if thats true can someone explain to me how to do that?

As for transferring your kids files to an external hard drive, the process is pretty much the same as moving them from folder to folder. You attach the drive, and so long as there are no problems with Windows detecting the drive, you can go to my computer, open the hard drive like a folder, and drag the files you want to save onto the drive, and they should be copied.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachines-with-xp-191524.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Does anyone know where I can download technical info for my emachines 330 that I believe is approx 3years old? I'm looking to upgrade the cpu but not sure how to go about this? Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 34.83%

Hello all,

Has anyone on this forum had any luck on getting a OS CD from eMachines? I had to replace a HDD and they, eMachines, have been giving me the runaround on getting the OS. They keep sending a canned answer about using the Restore Disk, witch we all know that will not work on a blank HDD. So my question is, Is there any way of getting a disk from eMachines.

A:Getting a OS CD from eMachines

Hi -

The restore disks should install on a new HDD.

eMachines nor any other OEM will provide you with a full retail copy of Vista unless system purchased with such.

Have you tried the recovery DVDs? I had similar situation with my HP system and used KillDisk to format the HDD, then used HP OEM recovery Vista x64 DVDs to re-install. All worked out just fine.

KillDisk - http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

Make bootable KillDisk ISO CD w/ ImgBurn -
ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

After Vista installation - be sure to validate OS at WGA site.

WGA --> www.microsoft.com/genuine

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-a-os-cd-from-emachines-472587.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a problem I have an emachine T I bought new in I ve replaced the power supply twice since then but it was worked very well for me cruising the spider web listening to music and watching movies Last fall it started locking up and it became more and more frequent over the course of a month or two until I could barely boot windows before it would lock At this point I believe I executed an unsuccessfull or incomplete system restore and the computer has collected dust for the last six months Earlier this week I bought an emachine t for a few bucks on craigslist the young My hdd pc. another emachines in old both man said he didn t know what was wrong with it I thought I could use it to resurrect one of the two pcs I pry it open and it s missing the hard drive so I take my old sata hdd out and pop it in the new pc I think I read My old hdd in another pc. both emachines that the original hdd in this computer was IDE just fyi I press the power button and the power supply lights up and lets the smoke out of it Maybe it had already been smoked So I put my old psupply in the new pc it fires up but will not boot in normal mode I am now online but I am in safe mode Windows will not boot in normal mode and it will not boot to a last known safe point I tried to restore to an earlier date but there are no resore points whatsoever to choose from As well the os doesn t recognise the sm bus controller video audio and simple communications controllers I downloaded a chipset for this motherboard but it my os did not accept it I m not sure where to go from here to sneak online with this I did some research and understand that Windows is very anal about their devices being swapped around from computer to computer Any direction would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:My old hdd in another pc. both emachines

Even just a relevant link would help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-old-hdd-in-another-pc-both-emachines.203642/
Relevancy 34.83%

i can not get my emachines to start up it wont do anything i just replaced the power supply still no help no fan no light no nothing w2646???????????????

A:what going on with this emachines

Given It's an E-machines your motherboard is probably fried. Fried motherboards are a common problem in E-machines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-going-on-with-this-emachines.59689/
Relevancy 34.83%

About 3 years ago my grandfather bought an emachine and while it seemed to do the job, it wasnt the most superior of machines.

NOw my friend is thinking about getting a computer and wanted to know how emachines were compared to similarly configured dells or gateways. Does anyone have an opinion? thanks

Relevancy 34.83%

I went home for Christmas and my mom said that her emachine would not power up. My son in law has some computer knowledge and checked the power cord and the power supply both which are not the problem. He said he does a burn spot on the motherboard. My question is... are the parts on emachines proprietary or can you just replace it with a comparable motherboard?.... or should she just make it a boat anchor and buy a new CPU, is it worth the $$$.
Lori

Relevancy 34.83%

what brands are compatible hard drives with e machines ?

It depends on your Motherboard, you either have an IDE or SATA connection, it doesn't matter that it is an eMachine. This post belongs in hardware.

Post your system info, click Start/Run and type dxdiag

After it scans your system save the information to your desktop and then attach it to your post (use Advanced)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines.586746/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi, I have my sisters pc here, trying to fix it for her, it is an emachine T4160, she has had it for a couple yrs now, anyway, I have reformatted her harddrive for her, but when I try to use the restore cd, when it is complete and reboots, I get this error:
technical information:
STOP
0XF9677640,0XC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000
I even went as far as to load windows 98 in it, and everything loads, but it came with xp home edition, and I want to put it back in for her, but I don't have xp home, I have xp pro, anyway, I can't find any help from www.emachines.com, what to do?

There should be more to the STOP error. Does it not reference a module? Can you boot to safe mode? Because by owning that computer/restore CD, you own a license to XP Home, you can install from a normal XP home CD (copied from a friend for example).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines.390825/
Relevancy 34.83%

I brought an emachines that came with XP a little over a year ago. I'm looking into upgrading and I was researching and I never registered my Xp home I don't think but obviously I'm well over the 30 activiation thing. So I don't quiet understand, did it come pre registered?

Anyway I don't remember if the xp cd came with the system but if it didn't is there anyway to transfer the XP I have on this system over to a new hard drive that I want to set as the new master?

Relevancy 34.83%

I would like to replace the WinXP with Win2000 Pro, but It is my understanding that eMachines specifically looks for the XP op sys and this is not possible. Comments?

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,
I bought an emachines computer with windows xp preinstalled. The machine is only about 5 years old. The hard drive is occasionaly making a whiring noise. I guess that it is going to go bad. I am going to buy a second hard drive and install that to back up my personal files. I would like to buy another HD to just run XP on. My machine did not come with a restore CD. Is there anything that I can do?
Thanks,
Mike

A:Emachines Preinstalled Xp Os

You could try contacting emachines for a set of disks. Normally they should only charge you the postage.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148275/emachines-preinstalled-xp-os/
Relevancy 34.4%

My computer was freezing up and just plain being slow. I downloaded a free program called ccleaner and ran it.

Now it seems like it is worse off than it was before. it keeps freezing and things are taking longer to load than they were.

also whenever i right click to copy something, that little menu gets stuck on my screen and i end up having to ctrl+alt+delete and start it up again. That was the main reason i ran the ccleaner because i was hoping it would make this problem go away..

any idea what the problem may be or what i can do to fix it?

A:My Computer is by eMachines.. and I need help

"Emachines" is a big place, so to speak. Perhaps you might share the model and specs with us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-by-emachines-and-i-need-help.140813/
Relevancy 34.4%

I know there is a wealth of information here on replacing emachines motherboards some of Motherboard Emachines it seems a little beyond Emachines Motherboard my Emachines Motherboard understanding though and I want to make sure I know what I m doing before I spend any more money so please bear Emachines Motherboard with the newest emachines thread I have an emachines t and of course the mother board is shot I am going to replace the Power Supply and I bought an Asrock K VM Socket A Socket VIA KM Pro Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - OEM I am a complete when it comes to computers so hypothetically if you were going to tell a complete how to install this new mother board how would you do it The guy that sold it to me tells me it should be just a matter of hooking it up and running the restore cd It sounds too good to be true but I can t afford a new system and I m willing to give it a shot fixing it He also mentioned that I might have to update my bios What s a bios lol Also can you reccomend a good replacement powersupply nbsp

A:Emachines Motherboard

rather than destroy a good new motherboard, I would seriously recommend reading some books on building computers. There is more to it than can be simply addressed in a blog.

Swapping out a motherboard will also require reloading of your operating system. This is also assuming your other components weren't fried by your PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-motherboard.71528/
Relevancy 34.4%

Using help from this forum I have now installed new mobo,new HD, new PSU,'new' RAM (1 Gig) known to be good matched pair from my PC. Using original P4 processor,DVD drive and floppy.
Switched on first time,POST ed OK. Put XP disc in drive. Started to install files, then skipped to flashing cursor which wont move or do anything via ANY key.

rebooted several times,get about one second of menu, then back to immovable flashing cursor. No input makes any difference,ie,F1-2-3-4-5-6 etc, or Esc,Del etc.

What have I done wrong. Have rechecked all cables,CPU seating etc....
All I need is to get to BIOS setup,. but cant !!!!!!!!

All help or advice appreciated.......Thanks....

Relevancy 34.4%

My neighbor has an eMachine and we can't get the darn thing to start up. I press the little power button and it won't cut on. I have looked around outside and in the computer and everything is plugged in correctly. I'm not sure what to do.

What are the possibilites?

It has a 1.0Ghz Celeron (PIII typle) and 128MB of PC100 RAM.

What should I do before she takes it to some repair shop? (never encountered this before...)

Thanks!

A:eMachines Won't Start

there are a wide range of possibilties. first if nothing at all happens when you press the power button. (no lights no sounds etc.) then the most obvious culprit would be a dead power supply. e machines are not noted for quality power supplies to begin with.

has the owner of the machine recently added or removed any hardware from it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-wont-start.6030/
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok hi guys I will appreciate any help i can WITH EMACHINES HELP t2958 get because i am lost lol This is what s happening i went to a friends place to fix his emachines as soon as i heared emachines i said quot ohhhh crap quot well at first they was no sign HELP WITH EMACHINES t2958 of life on this emachines so i changed out the power supply The motherboard lights up fine like it is receiving power I can tell that the mobo is ok but when i push the power button nothing happens I have also tried taking out the batery on the mobo for seconds I also took apart the computer and tried powering it on by myself manually but still no results lol is the mob dead or what in gods name is going on Oh ya and through my quest to find answer i also unpluged the power button pins and re-aranged them but yup that didnt work am not an expert so obviously i must be doing something wrong THANKS IN ADVANCE gt gt nbsp

A:HELP WITH EMACHINES t2958

You MUST repalce both the power supply and the motherboard. The eMachines restore discs won't work with the new motherboard (heck, they might not have even worked with the original board) If you are familiar with building or repairing computers, you may as well upgrade your friends eMachines while you are at it... New processor, memory and such

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-emachines-t2958.82353/
Relevancy 34.4%

Here's the issue: I have a 2004 Emachine, T2642. I haven't used it for 2 years because its broken, but now I'm taking a PC repair course and would like to try to fix it. Very early in the lessons for the course, btw.
The problem is, when I hook it all up and plug in the power cord, the green power light on front of the tower is already on and doesn't turn off when I hold it for many seconds. Even tho the green light is on, nothing at all appears on the monitor.
Any solutions? Thanks.
Johnny

A:Trying to repair Emachines PC

alright man lets see if i can help.

take off your side panel,

and check that everything is connected and seated correctly,

such as cables plugged in right(the cable connected to the motherboard), ram seated correctly, hardrive fully connected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-repair-emachines-pc.130812/
Relevancy 34.4%

does anyone know how emachines mobos are with upgrading the processors? i have a couple of .... well i guess they could be considered barebone systems...
i have (2) 400i3, (1) 466id, and (1) 366id.
the motherboards don't have any model numbers that i can find, but they are all socket 370.
does anyone know if i could maybe upgrade the cpus, to a pentium, or even a faster celeron?

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,

I recently pulled my aged emachines desktop out of my garage. I set everything up fine and it seemed to be working great until I plugged in the headphones to check for sound. there was none. i check in the control panel it it said it detected no sound devices.

I found a similar thread on these forums and did everything described there to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

The Emachines is running XP

A:Emachines no audio

have you went to the mfg to re download the driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-no-audio.863996/
Relevancy 34.4%

I already know they are a POS for the most part but are the bios on these critters locked? I have one coming to the house on Saturday for some work and if it is possible to changes some things like memory timings and multipliers it might help me out.
I will know about 2 minutes after it comes in the door what I am up against but I am hoping somebody can give me a little insight of what to expect other than the "oh no" I am already feeling.

Relevancy 34.4%

In the last 3 or 4 months I have seen numerous posts by people with problems with emachines. These are some of the most cheaply made and shoddy quality computers around. They are similiar in poor quality to some alienware models (now bought by DELL). It is interesting to note emachines is buying Gateway. So you may need to avoid Gateways in the future.

Please save yourself a headache and avoid emachines. I have seen quite a few posts regarding blown-out PSUs (taking motherboards along with it), shoddy motherboards, bad auxillary components, etc....

You get what you pay for. Super cheap = super poor quality. Save yourself the trouble and spend a few extra dollars for a more reliable brand or better yet, build a computer yourself - it's not that hard to do, and you can save a few bucks and learn about computers in the process.

A:Avoid Emachines!

Tedster said:

You get what you pay for. Super cheap = super poor quality. Save yourself the trouble and spend a few extra dollars for a more reliable brand or better yet, build a computer yourself - it's not that hard to do, and you can save a few bucks and learn about computers in the process. Click to expand...

I agree with you completely. In my opinion I would avoid any OEM systems because although it may have reasonable specs, you dont know wether the hardware is manufactured by reliable brands or not.

Of course, the best thing to do is build yourself a pc. Second best would be getting a smallish computer store to custom build it for you.

I really should make a thread which outlines what brands pf particular parts are good/bad. Actually, I think I'll do that now

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avoid-emachines.58076/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have (very!) belatedly learned that my eMachine manufacturer is no longer in business.  I have a netbook that is part of the eMachine eM350 series.Its Part Number is LUNAH0D068;SNID 03103018316;FUB: L2J50... Serial # is also available. Does anyone know if Acer (or comparable company, if necessary) sells parts or tech support for this "antique"  ? Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Acer-and-eMachines/td-p/446696
Relevancy 34.4%

My T2792 MOB has failed and I need to replace it. I have searched the forum and most posts related to my system are old. Can anyone please receommend a new MOB that will work with my system? Also, do I need to purchase a new MOB with the chipset already installed or can I use the Celeron that is in my existing (fried) MOB? My MOB is a TriGem Imperial GV. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Emachines T2792 MOB

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62782.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-t2792-mob.87789/
Relevancy 34.4%

have a Emachines T6412 model. I recently got a web cam and installed the wecam, worked fine, loaded the disc that came w it everything... Few days later i unpluged it from usb and later plugged it back in.... I noticed the webcam didnt register on startup menu altho i tried it and it did work... Later that night while on a web page my pc shut of almost like the power plug was unpluged... Then i pushed on button wouldnt boot.. Goes to f11 menu w o me pushing f11 the menu that says --- safe mode safe mode w networking last know configuration ( that worked before) ect... All it does is try n boot and go right back to same menu...This sucks any sugggestions.... Also the safe mode wont work everytime i try and go in safe mode it goes back to the same f11 menu

A:Emachines T6412

I would try to run chkdsk /r on the C: partition, if I had a Genuine XP CD.If not, I would download the XP Recovery Console, http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm .I would then burn the .iso file to CD, using one of the programs listed at How to successfully burn or write an ISO-image to cd or dvd - http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm . Insert the CD in the optical drive.Then I would change the BIOS boot options...save changes by hitting F10...and let it reboot.Once the Recovery Console came up, I would follow How to use CHKDSK in the XP Recovery Console - http://pirules3.14.googlepages.com/recovery_console_chkdsk.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275302/emachines-t6412/
Relevancy 34.4%

how do i reboot computer (emachines T3304) back to the original factory settings using the partision (D) on the hard drive

A:emachines t3304

Page 145 of this PDF
http://downloads.emachines.com/userguides/8511279_eM_NG3_chassis_HW_ref_en.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-t3304.896582/
Relevancy 34.4%

hi all-
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this.I am going to be buying a new computer before long and i cant decide between Dell or eMachines. I have owned both of them and have been very happy with them both. i have about $500 to spend on a new system. I like the eMachines because they use AMD 64bit processors, but none of their syatems come with monitors. Dells systems always come with monitors(their just basic but they're free) and i have heard that emachines quality has improved alot. But Dell has excellent support.

please help
thanks all

A:Dell or eMachines

i reall havent heard any good things about emachines but i know dells are pretty good but theyre kinda expensive, just build your own rig with that 500 bucks, whatever you build will be better than what you buy from those brands.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-or-emachines.49206/
Relevancy 34.4%

i just purchased a new emachines desktop with AMD processor 3100+. its probably been siting on the shelf for a year but it was on sale!! it has trial versions of Mcalfie and norton. (i thought you should not have 2 different antivirus software together).

anyway, after just 2 days, IE is crashing when i am online. do i need to try all these diagnosis, updates, spybot, antivirus, etc. to get it working right or since it is bran new, should i just try to exchange or return it. i would not expect a new computer to already have these problems.

any suggestions would be great

happy holiday

Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys,
I have an Emachines T6520. Out of the blue one day my machine refused to boot. It got stuck on the windows loading screen. I was unable to format or create a recovery partition on my hard drive so I got a new hard drive. In both cases, no matter what I do, the computer always gets stuck on the "PC Angel Recovery" screen and will not go any farther. I can't create the recovery partition or format the old hard drive. Any help available would be appreciated guys. I'm new at this so thanks in advance.

A:Emachines won't boot

You can remove the "PC Angel Recovery"
By using this Partition tool: http://partitionlogic.org.uk/download/index.html
Which will remove the entire Recovery Partition, enabling you to install Windows via CD
Is that what you want?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-wont-boot.107685/
Relevancy 34.4%

when i try to restore windows with the restore disks it gets to about 36% then a message pops up that says ghosterr.txt cannot be read then it restarts then trys to restore the well you get the point plz help

A:emachines restore cd's

Check the cd for fingerprints or scatches. If you need to clean it, try a soft lint free cloth.

If this does not work, you have a bad restore cd. You can get another from Emachines for a fee.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachines-restore-cds-58822.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I initially looked at this site for some possible answers on my Emachines T and I joined the membership hoping to help others with my years of hardware experience Maybe someone EMachines T2200 out there has had a very recent problem like this but found a motherboard that could be used with their original Restore CD s from Emachines When I started my system the video never appeared on the screen I had an alternate system to get online with so I logged into the Chat area on e-machines com EMachines T2200 What EMachines T2200 was EMachines T2200 strange was the power led was lit even with the system off The tech said I probably had a grounding problem or a shorted motherboard The board currently in the system is an ECS L VMM I removed the modem card and then the system cooling fan started running but still no video I removed the last PCI card a SCSI adapter abut still no video After reading through all the previous posts with similar problems maybe my Power supply caused the motherboard to go bad In order to use the system restore discs I would need to get an upgrade system board through Emachines but I was trying to find someone who recently had such a problem and found a new independent replacement board with a faster CPU and PCI-e slots on the new board I was wondering about the feasibility of finding such a board that can be used with the original Restore CD s and run with a faster AMD CPU in the - GHz range I also want to have some available PCI-e slots for adding a video card and I need to find a very dependable power supply that has plenty of reserve power I want to also find a board that can use my existing SDRAM or be upgraded to GB Thank you for any positive results anyone can offer nbsp

A:EMachines T2200

finding a board better than that will run SDRAM doesn't sound too likely. did you mean ddr ram? not to insult your intelligence, i just thought maybe you mistyped it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-t2200.65468/
Relevancy 34.4%

i have an emachine computer, it's model EMachines T2542 if that helps, ive had this computer for a few years and its worked fine and one day last week the light started going crazy on the tower and i turned it off because it was making a weird noise and now the computer won't even come on. Any ideas to what is wrong?

Relevancy 34.4%

I get BSOD after BSOD practically every day. Any assistance appreciated.

Hope I didn't miss anything. Thank you

debbi

A:BSOD New emachines

Hi -

Please --> BSOD Posting Instructions

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-new-emachines-468630.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm not sure I'm new to upgrading comps outside of ram and drives ect. for the money price was right. A friend bought me a new emachines with Celeron Dual core 2.0 Ghz and good ram ect. but i was wondering if i could swap out the cpu for a better one i know what the FSB it has and class of cpu's it supports. i was looking a core 2 duo or core 2 quad they match and are supported by the board i no PSU and fans would need updated as well but what all would i Have to do or would the stock emachines install of window and my bio mess with me. as i said i'm kinda new to the more in depth tweaks. Any help is appreciated.

A:Emachines upgrade?

Bear in mind , e-machines are made cheaply to sell cheaply. While you might be able to upgrade the CPU, the other components would probably bottleneck. In short, it probably isn't worth it. You might be able to add some ram, but I really wouldn't waste the money on a cheap budget computer like e machines. If you haven't already done so - replace the PSU - emachines are notorious for blowing PSUs which in turn take out the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-upgrade.115654/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I reformated my emachines H5237 Desktop PC but I cannot find any drivers. I checked the emachines website, google, and I went to device manager and I let windows find the sound driver for me but I can't find anything for the Video Controller (VGA Compatible) device. The video card is an intel graphics media accelerator 925. Thanks.

A:emachines drivers

The 925 is your processor, you have Intel GMA 950 graphics. Try this driver from Intel: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&OSFullName=Windows* XP Home Edition&lang=eng

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-drivers.634585/
Relevancy 34.4%

anyone else having problems out there with tech support from emachines. Man, I tried and I tried to get drivers and other tech advice from the web site and to no avail. They sure have alot of sales pitches and advertising. They have an email contact where you have to fill out a request form, I mean, I shouldn't have to contact the company to get drivers. This really has me upset. Don't think I'll ever get another emachine.

Relevancy 34.4%

I have an emachines t2542, and I've heard about problems with them and upgrade capabilities and everything, but I am trying to upgrade the motheboard.

Here are the full specs for my machine. NOTE: I added an extra stick of 512mb ram and a visiontek xtasy with an ati radeon 9100 chipset video card.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/EMachines-T2542-3351-S-1-2

Will someone help me pick out a GOOD motherboard that fits this machine? I'm looking to spend 50 to 70 dollars on one. I also don't know the form factor of the motherboard.

I'll also be upgrading the videocard soon too.

If you need anymore info just ask.

Thanks

Relevancy 34.4%

i found my old emachines el1850-01e and i want to upgrade it. I purchased all the parts i need except a graphics card. is there an official maximum graphics card length and height measurements somewhere? i want to use a gt 710 but idk if itll work

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/eMachines-EL1850-01e-gpu/td-p/459842
Relevancy 34.4%

We replaced Vista with xp on a W-series emachine and are having a hard time finding drivers. Has anyone out there been through this and know where to get them?

A:from vista to xp on emachines

Welcome to TSG....

About the only two places to get drivers for this is either the manufacturer eMachines or the motherboard manufacturers web site. For the motherboard manufacturers web site you have got to know the manufacturer of the motherboard.

You would have been better-off staying with Vista and then putting Windows XP on a Microsoft virtual drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-vista-to-xp-on-emachines.600118/
Relevancy 34.4%

hi everyone-

I had read many,many,many threads about ppl saying that their emachines computer has had some type of problem, or has stoped working all-together. I just dont understand, b/c I have owned 3 of them since '01 and have never had a problem on one xcept the modem went out in one, and thats the only issue i've ever had. so what do u think?

AMD

A:eMachines quality

I think they're cheaply made crap.
They use cheap parts with minimal architecture and the construction and engineering are poor.
They're cheap for a reason.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-quality.50006/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a emachines 810 it's a few years old now and it will not power up. When I turn on the power it will automatically come on without pressing the power button on the machine. The orange light and green lights flashes and the fans are going but nothing else happens the cd rom will not open and nothing appears on the monitor. Any help would be great! My warranty ended 5 days ago so I'm not sure if I should renew my warranty for 70 and get it fixed or is it a small job that could be done on the cheap in the local pc shop.

A:Emachines 810 will not power up

hi, you may want to look at these:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62782.html
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58076.html

as the threads say it is most likely that the PSU has blown and taken the motherboard with it.

does it beep?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-810-will-not-power-up.113278/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have eMachines EL1200-01e that I've installed Windows 7 on. I need to update all of the drivers for it and I can't seem to find ones. Any help please?

A:eMachines EL1200-01e

here:

NVIDIA DRIVERS 15.49 WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/53977-emachines-el1200-01e.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys

On my other computer, an Emachine running Windows XP Home Edition. I keep getting tons of blue screen of deaths and I've been trying to run a System Recovery but F8, F10 and F11 are all bringing me to the Safe Mode and etc options.

I can't seem to find a way to run System Recovery on it. Another thing right now is telling me it missing a .exe which I will detail on later.

For now, I'd like any suggestions on how to run a System Recovery on a eMachines Windows XP. Thanks.

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everyone, say hello to the new guy!

I'm afraid my 2.3GHz Celeron eMachines 210 is extremely unwell. After it started doing weird things when powering up with front LEDS flashing and referencing the FDD but not booting, I left it a while and tried again, at which point nothing happened at all. I made a guess that the PSU had failed so have just installed a replacement and I'm back at Phase One - constant HDD LED but absolutely nothing else happening at all - CPU fan still, absolutely no display whatsoever.

I've tried unplugging power from FDD, from HDD, from DVD but nothing's happening.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Phil B

Relevancy 34.4%

I had an Emachine with Windows XP and I tried to recover it to day !. I proceed to recover and It went to the end. After the last restart, it went to a white page called help with a big ? (question mark) It said if I didn't need any help, to click on the
START button at the bottom. There is nothing else on the screen?      I can't get out of this

HELP PLEASE

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9b096666-ab83-4ae7-8c05-163c59593041/emachines-recovered-to-day-one-but-now-what?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 34.4%

my emachines hit the floor then started hanging after startup.some of the errors av gotten are;explorer.EXE procedure call failed,error 0x8007046D,unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 and also it wont allow me install bigger programs like office 2010....it freezes when i try this,even after formating,pliz help

A:emachines e350

When you say hit the floor, you mean you dropped it? If so then something may have come loose like memory or the hard drive or there may be other damage to the system board or components.

Remove the access panels from the bottom of the laptop and check memory, hard drive and anything else you can access from there. If nothing helps then you need to take it to a reputable computer repair shop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/247971-emachines-e350.html
Relevancy 34.4%

i just got a emachine w- 3050. former owners tried to delete all personal info and instead reformatted the os drive.

on start up i can get to e logo with f2 for bios and f 10 for boot menu but nothing happens. tried several different keyboards but i assume pc is not seeing any, although the lights do flash on start up.

i have a xp pro disk but it will not boot either from dvd/cd rom. i took out hdd and reformatted it in this pc. still didnt help a bit. been 2 weeks at this thing. anyone help?

A:[SOLVED] emachines

Hello . . and welcome to the forum

Are you using a USB Keyboard? . . most older pc's will not recognize a usb keyboard/mouse until the operating system loads.

Once you get into BIOS, look to see if the cd drives are recognized

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-emachines-237930.html
Relevancy 34.4%

My Wife Got A Message On Her Emachines Computer To Download An Update 295` Error Emachines amp She Clicked On It After The Progress Bar Got To Increments It Just Hung There Ctrl alt del Didn't Work Got It To Shut Down Emachines Error 295` By Holding In The Power Button While Rebooting We Got Boot From Cd Press F To Start Recovery A Disk Read Error Occured Press Ctrl alt del To Restart It Restarted The Computer amp Gave Us The Same Message During The Next Attempt I Pressed F amp Tried To Make It Boot From The Hard Drive Appearently It Won't Somewhere Along The Line I Got The Message quot file minint system biosinfo inf Could Not Be Loaded The Error Is Setup Cannot Continue Press Any Key To Exit quot After Exiting It Just Reboots Emachines Error 295` Into The Same Loop My Emachines Error 295` Uncle Suggested We Got A Trojan Horse If I Could Find A Way To Make The Computer Boot From The Hard Drive - That Might Cure The Problem or At Least Let Me Access The Anti-virus Program Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions On How To Fix This Problem

A:Emachines Error 295`

Download And Update from whom? Was it Windows Update?

If the msg was NOT from Windows Update, she may have been hit by a virus or other Malware.

IF it was Windows Update; before download and install, did she exit ALL applications she was running. You should NOT install Windows Updates with applications running, they MAY interfere with the installation. That is why the Notify only... option in Automatic Updates is safest, and from what you describe that is what she has set.

Before doing anything else, try:Boot to your WinXP Setup CD
At the window with a Repair option on the bottom Statusbar, use that to open the Recovery Console
At the Recovery Console Command Prompt, enter CHKDSK C: /R
Let CHKDSK run, reboot to your HD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachines-error-295-a-266716.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi im new here And I need Help Choosing a replacement motherboard for A buds emachines T2682. Its a socket 478 celeron D. Ive looked all over the site already but all the links are old ones. So any help is greatly appreciated. Thx.

A:Emachines mobo

Unfortunately socket 478 boards are hard to find these days.
Here are some options:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813123008
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1559072&CatId=182

You could also modernize the system with a cpu/motherboard combo like this.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2366368&CatId=0
This would also require a cpu fan like this one:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1272104&CatId=0

Or buy motherboard and cpu seperately:
Motherboard:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130064
CPU:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103032

Regardless of which route you go you will need a new powersupply since the e-machines ones are junk. (unless you replaced it already)
I recomend tihs one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104952

You will also need a new copy of windows since the E-machines restore CDs won't work with a new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-mobo.67688/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all,

My emachines has been goofy lately...This has happened about three times now. It will just shut off for no reason. the power button will flash on and off. I have to unplug the tower for a little bit to get the light to go off. then I can plug it back in and fire the computer back up. Not sure what checks I can make to fix this. I run XP repair pro...it fixes registry errors, etc.. but would like to know what is going on.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Steve

A:emachines T6212

May be power supply, e machines are known for bad, or underpowered
psu's..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachines-t6212-347733.html
Relevancy 34.4%

My friend has an eMachines T3256 which comes with stock 512MB DDR-400 (PC2700) RAM. He wants to upgrade to 1GB. Do you have any suggestions for what kind of RAM he should get?

A:Memory for eMachines

According to www.crucial.com it can only take pc2700 to a maximum of 2 gig!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-for-emachines.61950/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hiya fellas unch my brother is shopping around for a new computer and someone suggested one of the eMachines lineup I eMachines? What's with wrong took a look at the series AMD Athlon processor DL DVD RW CD-RW drive GB hard drive GB PC DDR memory Windows XP Media Center -in- media manager It s a heck of a lot better than my Dell I figure What's wrong with eMachines? he can put a What's wrong with eMachines? decent video card into that PCI-e slot and maybe add a little bit of RAM in the future Granted people seem to say that building the PC yourself is a better deal but seriously what s wrong with that setup I can t put together something like that for Not to mention the finger-burning wire-poking and general confusion that would ensue if I ever tried to build a computer myself I can understand why some people might be unhappy with Dell I know I regret not having AGP or PCI-e or even a decent power supply And the fact that there s only room for one hard drive in the case pisses me off too But I don t see any weak points in the computer listed above Can someone enlighten me thanks wave nbsp

A:What's wrong with eMachines?

there's nothing wrong with that specification for only $600. Add a $300 graphix card and a new power supply for $60 then you have a very nice system for....about $1000, which is what my PC cost. Some people don't like the cases that dell/emachines give, and the expansion possibilities aren't all the great. Also the brand of the components are probably not top notch....but then again, I'm using corsair value memory, so I can't say much. But other than case, Power supply, and size, there's nothing wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-wrong-with-emachines.43163/
Relevancy 34.4%

Right now, I'm not on the eMachines so I can't post the TSG SysInfo.

I have an eMachines 730 computer without the recovery discs (I lost them), I'm prepared to do a full reinstall of XP Home Edition (the disc contains SP2) which I have and is genuine. My only concern is I don't think XP has the drivers integrated into setup and I spoke to eMachines about finding the drivers however they said that the computer came out in 2001 and is discontinued! It is for that reason that I turn to you!

Relevancy 34.4%

I have an E Machines Desktop and it won't start up right. When I plug the power cord up the fans come on inside and the light on the CD drive flashes and the thinking light and thats it. The light around the power button doesn't come on like it should either. Thats all it does, the monitor won't come on and it doesn't respond to anything. I can't turn the fans off by the power switch or turn the computer completely on. The only way I can get the fans to go off is by unplugging the computer. Thanks for all help.

A:Emachines Won't Start Up Right

from the replys i've gotten other places they said the motherboard is cooked. I hope thats not true.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51767/emachines-wont-start-up-right/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,
I have an emachines G640 laptop, model MS2294.

I was wondering what the mini2 slot is for inside the compartment underneath the laptop. I can see the RAM, Wireless adaptor and the HDD, but there is an empty slot labelled mini2 just wondered what it was for.

Thanks
Andy

A:eMachines G640

A slot for a mini SSD or an M-SATA drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-g640.180544/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a C6537 and whenever I try to get into bios (using tab) it tells me to press F2 to get into Bios setup and after I click F2 it goes to a black screen with a underscore blinking + I see no hard drive activity.... Can anyone help me out?
Thanks alot!

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I'm sorry XP SP2 on T5230 EMachines if this gets posted twice I had a problem posting the original thread I bought an e-machine T and did not like vista so I wiped the hard drive and installed XP SP XP SP2 on EMachines T5230 I am having problems installing the nvidia drivers for the network controller and onboard audio I downloaded quite a few drivers from various sources nvidia's site included and have had no luck getting them to work XP SP2 on EMachines T5230 If I run hardware wizard it recognizes the devices but when I install the drivers it will install but give me error code It says the drivers might be corrupt or damaged Here are the specs for the system CPU AMD Athlon X dual-core processor -bit processor with AMD Technology GHz x MB L Cache MHz System Bus Chipset NVIDIA GeForce SE chipset Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated And just a note I know the hardware works because it was functioning properly before I wiped the drive

A:XP SP2 on EMachines T5230

Hi Matt, and Welcome to TSF!

Download Everest from my sig. Create a report in either Text or HTML format.

To attach the report, click the Go Advanced button and scroll down to the Manage Attachement button. Please do not copy and paste the contents of the report in the response.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-sp2-on-emachines-t5230-172066.html
Relevancy 34.4%

and I'm wondering how to reinstall Windows Vista Basic on an eMachine EL 1300G-01W mini tower?

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/I-know-that-Acer-got-eMachines/td-p/432829/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.4%

My dad has this computer here and we want to upgrade everything inside to the max that it can. I had a low profile model picked out for the graphics card but now I cannot find it. I want a 2GB card for him and I want to get up to 8GB of ram. If possible, I would also like to get a wireless card even if we use a dual slow gfx card.

A:eMachines EL1358G-51W

This one?
eMachines Desktop PC, AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor - Walmart.com
Emachines El1358g 51w Motherboard

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/124627-emachines-el1358g-51w.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I recently bought this computer used. I would like to change to computer owner name from previous owner to my name. How would i go about doing this?

A:Emachines EL1333G-01w

Hi and welcome to TSF go to control panel then user accounts the options are there to change account name

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/emachines-el1333g-01w-512040.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Work computer: trying to print a file when it rebooted.

Will not boot up......

Only get to a message that says: "enter password to unlock the system"

(have no idea what the password would be)

The emachines logo flashes up for a second, it says to hit F2 or F10 to access bios, had no luck with either.

Any ideas???

Thanks!!!

A:eMachines T5048

Took the HD out and put it in another system......seems to work fine.

Did something get fried??

when I restart, i just get the emachines logo for a few seconds, then it asks for a password......very odd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-t5048.962777/
Relevancy 34.4%

ok i have a emachines w6409 i got it used it said it only i had 448 ram so i when out and got a new ram 1g but steel say it 448 even redid window steel say 448 can not play game like this how do i fix it please some one help me

Relevancy 34.4%

I have problem with emachines t- Everything are good parts such as motherboard memory hard drive and u name it but something wrong with cpu and cpu fan or the power leads which I plug in for power and reset I saw the cpu fan was running for second then it stopped and the red light on motherboard still on and the watts power suppy fan was on for second then stopped Any idea what s went wrong with it Does it need new power suppy fan or what All I see was power suppy fan fan then CPU shut down. Emachines on and cpu fan was run on for second then it stopped Any idea what went wrong Thanks Other weird thing that I was removed amd athan xp chip out of motherboard and I run test power on and it work everything power on goes we ll and good without chip in it so that does mean the chip is bad Emachines CPU fan on then shut down. or the power suppy or cpu fan are weakness that need new or need new chip I have emachines t- info here are Amd athan xp I upgrade mb memory I upgrade HD This computer had been running great for last years Thanks nbsp

A:Emachines CPU fan on then shut down.

I have an Emachines Laptop that does the same thing....Very strange. I gave up on trying to figure it out. Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-cpu-fan-on-then-shut-down.65411/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello a couple days ago mom's emachines computer crashed and I had to use the restore cd which means we lost everything We purchased this computer in December of Anyway after restoring to original the bigfix option keeps inundating me with upgrades and patches to install many of which are now two or three years old Trouble is that most require restarting Bigfix emachines the computer after installation and this is getting to be ridicuously time consuming Does anyone know emachines Bigfix if I can just skip these updates or most of them or do I have to take them one at a time install and restart install and restart etc Also while all this is going on MS keeps wanting me to subscribe to automatic updates which I'm not sure about either confusing to have more than a single fixer trying to update mom's computer and again I'm at a loss as to know what to do I'm not even sure I'm in the right forum for my questions please forgive if I'm in the wrong place I'm a rookie - By the way we have an emachines T celeron with XP and MS explorer browser in case this information might help I sure hope someone can offer some advice tks RayG

A:emachines Bigfix

What do you mean by the "Bigfix"?
I've never heard of that before.

You can just tell Automatic updates to clam up: It's useless if you regularly check Windows Update (IMHO).
Same goes for the "Security Center" icon that pesters you from the system tray becasue you've turned off (gasp) Automatic Updates.

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Automatic Updates>Tick beside "Turn Off Automatic Updates" and Click "Apply" and then "OK"

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Security Center. In the "Resources" pane on the left-hand side of the window (Your left, not the monitor's left), click "Change the way Security Center alerts me">Un-check all three boxes that you see there>Click OK>Close the Security Center window.

Be aware that if you do this, you'll have to actualy check the windows update site from time to time if you want the latest updates. (From MSIE, Click Tools>Windows Update. Otherwise, Type www.windowsupdate.com into the adress bar in MSIE.) Also be aware that you just freed up a bunch of system resourses becasue you've stopped these semi-useless processes from periodicly wasting othewise usefull CPU cycles and physical memory.

Happy surfing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emachines-bigfix-33122.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I would like to upgrade the processor in my father-in-laws desktop PC. I know he has an eMachines W3609 that he upgraded from a Celeron D to a Pentium 4. But i don;t know what P4 is in it. I would like to get a good idea, as this would be a fathers day gift. I already have ram in the cart. Does anyone else have one that can tell me which socket to buy? I know intel has had a few in the last 4 years. i am thinking about a dual core for Windows 7. It came loaded with Vista Basic, but that;s no help.

Thanks.

A:emachines W3609

The board uses a socket 775 processor. I wouldn't advise purchasing a processor. eMachine's uses manufacturer proprietary motherboards with a proprietary BIOS and only eMachines can tell you what processors are supported by that motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-w3609.998862/
Relevancy 34.4%

well one night I was using my eMachines computer as I usally do, when all of sudden the PC shut down, then turned back on.....so I was like What was that all about.

Just then my KB turned on and off and started beeping so I called up my friend and he couldn't explain what could be happening, so I shut it down y pulling the plug out cause the computer froze, and it never turned back on again, just the "E" button flashes and the HDD button flashes and makes a click so do I have to replace the MOBO?

A:Another eMachines problem........

Welcome to the ranks of the downhearted......

If you've been reading the posts, Emachines power supplies suck. Sometimes they take out the motherboard sometimes they don't. But, they are the first thing that needs to be checked. You do I assume, mean the HDD light.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-emachines-problem.76468/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,

when i turn on my pc at the mains, you can hear an audible 'click'. On looking at the base unit the green power led is on, the mouse lights up and all of the lights flash on my keyboard....that's it! Nothing else happens and the only way to get pc to do anything, ie, turn off, is to unplug it at the mains. Dont know very much about tech stuff, can someone help

thanks

A:emachines 420 problems

I'll skip the 420 joke, you all know the one in mean. Sounds like a classic dying PSU to me. It of course could be a mother board/CPU/RAM/etc but that's where I would start with this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-420-problems.822360/
Relevancy 34.4%

Help! My eMachines T3828 is locked into a cycle of booting up, displaying a message that "this version of Windows is not authorized", then rebooting by itself and displaying the same message. Until last week, this computer worked excellent for almost three years. I am unable to locate my original recovery disks, and am hoping that someone knows how to interrupt this cycle. Thank you.

A:eMachines T3828

can you access the bios and/or safe mode
are you running a legitmate operating system ,,
if you can get into safe mode i would say run your virus and spyware scan's or run systore restore to see if that will take it back before you got the problem ,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-t3828.780164/
Relevancy 34.4%

Heres what happened

I restarted my computer with the restore CD. Now my computer doesn't work. What now shows is a blue screen with this written on it:

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE
or its log or alternate.

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete Contact your sytem
administrator or technical group for further assistance.

I hope there is someone out there that can help me. Heres some info on my comp: windows xp home edition. Please ask me if there is any other important info that would be helpful in solving this problem.

A:emachines C2280

oh nevermind... i found some threads in the forum concerning the same problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-c2280.141656/
Relevancy 34.4%

Again, we are very computer "unfriendly" people. We just bought a new computer. I think it's an emachines etower 667ix. The keyboard is one of those that has the internet buttons on it. We cannot figure out how to make it work. We connect to the internet and then hit the buttons, but nothing happens. Are we doing it wrong or is there something wrong with the keyboard? Any help on how to work it would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:emachines keyboard

Look for a software disk that came with the computer. That type of computer has a seperate program that controls the buttons.
Check the manufacturers web site if you don't have it, they should have it available for download.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-keyboard.53503/
Relevancy 34.4%

Where should I buy my compy from? I'm looking for something in the $600 range. Which would be better?

A:Ibuypower or eMachines?

Hey.

I have never heard of an Ibuypower, but I do have an Emachine. I am still using an Emachine 333id model. I would say an Emachine. Go with what I know LOL.

I am on my 3rd machine (4th if you want to be technical). Built the third time. Build the machine if you can afford it. If you check my past post you can see just how fustrating it can be, but normally not that hard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibuypower-or-emachines.91371/
Relevancy 34.4%

Anyone know much about eMachines and if there good computers?