Windows Support Forum

MCafee states I am on Windows 98 but on WinMe

Q: MCafee states I am on Windows 98 but on WinMe

I have just joined this site and the reason why was was because When I down loaded MCafee it stated it had detected I was using Windows 98 but I am on Windows Me. When I bought this pc for my son a few years ago it came with windows 98 but my son changed it to Windows Me. I bought my son a new PC and he gave me this for my studies. (wish I kept the new one now but he has just started Uni so) How can I rectif this I am a novice on IT but before I went onto broadband alot of drivers were missing I.e for my installed modem which came with windows 98. Plus there are alot of Yellow exclamation marks in the C drive list of the hard drive but I would be here all night so I will start with the above first. Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: MCafee states I am on Windows 98 but on WinMe

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: MCafee states I am on Windows 98 but on WinMe

It might just consider ME to be 98, they are built on the same backbone so to speak. Many things will recognise things as 95 OR 98/ME. If McAfee is working properly otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mcafee-states-i-am-on-windows-98-but-on-winme.42279/
Relevancy 66.22%

My McAfee antivirus program is not working, it states ; one or more problems requires your response. None of my spyware programs are working either ... ???Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:mcafee antivirus not working, it states ; one or more problems requires your response.

You could try McAfee Virtual Technician which is found here: https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Default.aspxOn the right side of the page, choose Run McAfee Virtual Technician.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261800/mcafee-antivirus-not-working-it-states-;-one-or-more-problems-requires-your-response/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently upgraded my hard disk and operating system to Windows 7 Professional from XP Professional that was orignally on my Lenovo T61p Think Pad.

The Windows as purchased from Micro Center was an OEM system builder pack.

Can you advise how I can resolve these issues?

A:Windows Update no longer working, Windows now states not genuine

In order to completely troubleshoot Windows validation & activation issues, please perform the following:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click Copy - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the tool here in your next reply

More detail: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/294094-windows-update-no-longer-working-windows-now-states-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've tried everything I know of, and have even had two separate chat sessions with Microsoft support, giving them control of my computer to fix the problem. Both times they did pretty much the same thing of trying to reinstall it by typing in the product key again, which goes through and the window says that my windows is active and genuine. But then a few hours pass and the popup returns, which I have copied and attached to this post.

A:Popup states i'm not running genuine windows

Hello livingpassions, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please see: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/272564-popup-states-im-not-running-genuine-windows.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My computer has taken quite a beating last night, power went out 4 times sporadically, thankfully I have a voltage regulator.

The funny thing is.. before the first blackout, I had rearranged a couple of files/folders, and desktop icons, and whenever I would turn the computer back on,everything was laid off the way it was before I arranged it, it's a little bit funny...
Second question.. anybody who is used to TPLINK wireless adapters, is it normal that whenever the adapter's driver gets outdated it will let you know with a BSOD? Whenever I get BSOD's they are always related to my wireless cards driver being outdated, it's a little irritating..

A:Does windows have desktop icon save states?

I use a program called DesktopOK to remember my desktop icon layout.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265875-does-windows-have-desktop-icon-save-states.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello.
First, English is not my native language so i hope i make me message clear

My other computer got some sort of virus so i wasnt able to boot Windows XP anymore.
So i got another computer and tried so take everything i needed from the 2 hardrives on my old pc. I hooked up disk 1 (with windows and bunch of other stuff, went ok, but i didnt copy everything at that point..Stupid)

Disk 2 went well too, copied everything from that to new PC.

Now im struggling with HD 1 again, i hook it on the new pc, check in bios and it finds it, 40gb. In windows it says 4gb and nothing on disk..Whats wrong? =(

I have tried with USB adapter cable, and the "normal" way, just connecting it inside the computer (don't know the name of the cable sorry =)..)

So what can i try to make it find the stuff on Harddrive 1 again?

Relevancy 49.45%

OK, so here is my problem. I bought a laptop when I went back to California for vacation. When I was there I had no problems with wireless connection or LAN connection. Turned my computer on and i can immediately surf. I moved back to the Philippines and it will not connect to any wireless network here. I tried hooking up LAN and it works just fine. I can see the wireless networks and It will ask me for key if i try and connect. But after that it does nothing. I tried trouble shooting and it says that is can't find any problem. I have tried at my home, and both my offices at work and nothing. The IT here seem to have no clue what is going on. Anyone have any idea?

A:Windows 7 wireless problems after I moved from the states

Quote: Originally Posted by AlcapOWNED

OK, so here is my problem. I bought a laptop when I went back to California for vacation. When I was there I had no problems with wireless connection or LAN connection. Turned my computer on and i can immediately surf. I moved back to the Philippines and it will not connect to any wireless network here. I tried hooking up LAN and it works just fine. I can see the wireless networks and It will ask me for key if i try and connect. But after that it does nothing. I tried trouble shooting and it says that is can't find any problem. I have tried at my home, and both my offices at work and nothing. The IT here seem to have no clue what is going on. Anyone have any idea?

Your WiFi NIC is channel restricted to the American radio spectrum -- channels 1-11. You'll need 1,6,11 or higher as supported. Please write back for more info if needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90435-windows-7-wireless-problems-after-i-moved-states.html
Relevancy 49.45%

so yea been an avid windows user for dang near years now at my meager age of and something just is not right I do not know what is wrong but I CAN JUST TELL somethings not right nothing is finding anything not kaspersky total security not kaspersky virus removal tool not mbam or mbam premium however mbam was physically unable to update for anything I straight up had to spend hours gettting the definitions up to date as the servers were blocked and also could not activate my sub due to activation servers also being blocked superantispyware as per my norm with it always crashes when scanning the system msisoft emergency kit is still running has found a total of items of which like are no risk items and its not finding one unsure there is windows 20 infection, but the states exp years what I know is there as everything it finds I'm already aweare of the files in question and know them to be for the most part save one or two to be legit files hijackthis has FOUND THINGS THAT RAISE HUGE RED FLAGS TO ME already and just sooo many other things I've tried that have been completely fruitless unsure the infection, but 20 years windows exp states there is one as heck anywho the logs in question now Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan unsure the infection, but 20 years windows exp states there is one Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by High Voltage administrator on FURRYONE - - Running from S DownloadsLoaded Profiles High Voltage Available Profiles High Voltage Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe Logitech Inc C Program Files x Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe Creative Technology Ltd C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet Wacom WTabletServicePro exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe Autodesk Inc C Program Files x Common Files Autodesk Shared AppManager R AdAppMgrSvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Total Security avp exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared ClickToRun OfficeClickToRun exe Creative Technology Ltd C Windows SysWOW CtHdaSvc exe Binary Fortress Software C Program Files x DisplayFusion DisplayFusionService exe C Program Files x Gigabyte AppCenter AdjustService exe Microsoft C Program Files x Gigabyte unsure the infection, but 20 years windows exp states there is one CloudStation HomeCloud GCloud exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Intel Corporation C Windows System IPROSetMonitor exe C Program Files x Gigabyte AmbientLED LEDCtrl exe C Program Files x Livedrive VSSService exe Malwarebytes Corporation S program files x Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae-svc exe SeriousBit C Program Files NetBalancer SeriousBit NetBalancer Service exe Malwarebytes Corporation S program files x Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamService exe C Program Files x proXPN bin proXpnService exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Windows System RAPID SamsungRapidSvc exe Horizon DataSys Inc C Program Files S... Read more

A:unsure the infection, but 20 years windows exp states there is one

Greetings mmd123 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far.I am assuming you set the following IFEO, is that correct?IFEO\taskmgr.exe: [Debugger] "S:\DOWNLOADS\PROCESSEXPLORER\PROCEXP.EXE"Though there is some clutter we can clean up there is no evidence of an active infection on your computer. I know you think you have a problem but what evidence are you seeing?Please do this.===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode--------------------Press the Windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterClick Format and check Word WrapPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it to your Desktop as fixlist.txt. If FRST.exe is not on your Deskptop please move it to that location. (<<<Important)CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [GDriveSharedOverlay] -> {81539FE6-33C7-4CE7-90C7-1C7B8F2F2D43} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [KAVOverlayIcon] -> {014F27E2-6D75-4E42-A0E9-2A2C68498AFA} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [KAVOverlayIcon] -> {014F27E2-6D75-4E42-A0E9-2A2C68498AFA} => No File
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
Toolbar: HKU\S-1-5-21-52... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609552/unsure-the-infection-but-20-years-windows-exp-states-there-is-one/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,  I have a Lenova Thinkpad model SL510 that I purchased almost 3 years ago, brand new right from the factory.  It came with Windows 7 Professional 32 bit operating system.  I have never reformatted the laptop, never touched the os.  I ran a  microsoft diagnostic tool but I don't understand the results: and don't know if I'm allowed to post it here.  I called Lenova but since the computer is out of warranty, they can't help me.  I hope someone here can help because I can not run updates, especially for microsoft security essentials. 

A:Pop up states "This computer is not running genuine windows"

Hi kakmck,

Try the following and see if this helps: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/diagnose-and-fix/detail.page?DocID=HT003881

Regards.............

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500688/pop-up-states-this-computer-is-not-running-genuine-windows/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all,

This week we suddenly got notification that no legitimate Windows version was running (+ black background desktop). This is strange because we have purchased the computer in an electronic store and the computer has an official Windows license sticker with hologram. So, I re-activated the license key and Windows accepted it.

My worries are that this happened so suddenly. I also scanned the computer with Malwarebytes and Bitdefender Internet Security 2013. Nothing was found except a few cookies.

Can anyone explain how this could have happend. Should i take other precautions?

Regards,

RutgerNL

A:Computer states that no legitimate Windows is running

In order to completely troubleshoot Windows validation & activation issues, please perform the following:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click Copy - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the tool here in your next reply

More detail: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/294064-computer-states-no-legitimate-windows-running.html
Relevancy 49.45%

recently just abot all programs that don't come with Windows thinks my mom's computer is running an older version of Windows, I've recently tried reinstalling Windows (installing over the current installation) and updated to SP2 but nothing changed

not sure if it is related, but the wallpaper shows while Windows is loading, but before it starts responding, the wallpaper is covered in white, the white goes away while it is being shut down, I don't think it is that active web desktop thingy since the itens listed for it were al unchecked, but I coudl be wrong

what other info should I get and pass to you for you to be able to help me figure ot what is going on?

A:programs think Windows XP SP2 is WinME/98/95

have you tried backing up all needed files & trying a clean install? meaning format the HD before installing the new OS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-think-windows-xp-sp2-is-winme-98-95-a-280231.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I get a BSOD when shuuting down the system.

This is Windows Enterprise 64 bit
Originaly had Vista 64
This is a retail copy
The system is two old
The OS was installed the first time 3 weeks ago and has bee installed 2 more times
Intel Duo core t9600 2.80 GHz processor
Nvidia Quatro NVS 160m Video card
Intel 82567LM Gibabit Nnetwork card
Intel Wifi link 5300 AGN Wireless card

I gone to the manufacture for help they basically told me to go back to Vist or go to Mircosoft because they didn't install Windows 7

Thanks in adavntage for the help,

Dennis

A:BSOD-Power States Driver Failure Windows 7

Hi please follow the instructions here and attach to your next post http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-power-states-driver-failure-windows-7-a-480904.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Checked and states system OK. Updates not coming through.

A:Hp customer manager in windows 10 states fatal error and mus...

Hey there JillC11!                      Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I understand that you have issues with HP customer manager. There is a known article regarding this issue.To resolve this issue try few steps recommended below. To resolve the fatal error, download and install the following three service packs.Download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack and then restart the computer.Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5Download and install HP Software Framework and then restart the computer.HP Software FrameworkDownload and install HP Connection Manager and then restart the computer.HP Connection ManagerHP Connection Manager now opens without the error message. Please find the link for article: http://hp.care/2cHzb34 Hope to hear from you soon!Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-customer-manager-in-windows-10-states-fatal-error-and/td-p/5760926
Relevancy 49.02%

Here s a puzzler at least for me Can I force a G S power state from the Windows OS Here is why When I shut down my laptop I want NOTHING to re-wake it except the mechanical on-button to boot It makes me nervous when it can wake itself I am running Windows Home Premium fully updated SP On a Dell Vostro with the A BIOS i from (vs states ACPI Force G3/S6 mechanical) - Windows. Power - gb Samsung series ssd as boot drive - my own upgrade not original This ACPI Power states - Force G3/S6 from Windows. (vs mechanical) is a laptop used for personal use at home ACPI Power states - Force G3/S6 from Windows. (vs mechanical) I seem to have proven that the Windows shut-down is to s g allowing LAN for example to cause it to reboot AND using the power-button mechanical off at the log-in screen causes a quot Windows did not shut down properly quot on next boot When I leave LAN unplugged it seems not to reboot but when I leave it it will always reboot in a matter of seconds to a matter of hours later What else have I done Well a Bios there is no quot Wake on LAN quot to disable though that seems to be what usually triggers it I have not proven it is the only trigger but When the LAN cable is connected it is likely to restart itself Wake from USB has been disabled - No effect b Device Manager - gt Properties - gt Power Management all devices checked individually Check quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot unCheck quot Allow this device to wake the computer quot c - gt Network adapters - gt Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - gt Properties - gt Advanced - gt Disable quot Wake on pattern match quot Disable quot Wake on magic packet quot Disable quot Shutdown Wake-On-Lan quot d Start Button - gt Search - gt cmd - gt Right Click - gt Run as administrator a powercfg exe lastwake - No Results found b powercfg exe devicequery wake armed - No Results found e check the Power Options in Control Panel - gt power options - gt advanced settings - gt Sleep - gt Allow wake timers - gt On battery Disable - gt Plugged in Disable - gt power buttons and lid - gt power button action - gt On battery Shut down - gt Plugged in Shut down - gt Lid close action - gt On battery Shut down - gt Plugged in Shut down f Check in Start gt All Programs gt Accessories gt System Tools gt Task Scheduler program updaters are disabled Garmin Google Adobe etc also Windows updates are not automatic g Disable the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program h Check Event Viewer What is calling during the night Media Center - gt Disable Media Center not using anyway I am at a loss what else to do short of registry edits to force s vs s if this even can be done Any help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:ACPI Power states - Force G3/S6 from Windows. (vs mechanical)

You don't much mention having poked around in the bios, which is where most power settings originate. It remains an awful fact that MS power saving settings always have been, are now, and probably always will be, a total and utter mess. Especially on portables.

It is possibly understandable (I don't say forgivable) because the functionality is fundamentally split between the OS and the bios (which MS has no control over). Although there are supposed to be standards - you mention G5 and S6 yourself - the fact is those standards do not get finalised until long after manufacturers have been churning out kit corresponding to their own idea of what the standard might end up being. Only point 3 below solves that one - sometimes.

In short, you may never get fully compliant action on power settings, but........some sensible suggestions are:
(1) Create a new, personal power policy, and give it a personal name. Do this while logged in as your major user, and if you have more than one normal user, create a new one for each user. This often works, but only until the next major MS update.
(2) If the above fails to work for you, you can do no better than full shut down each time from the screen start button, and will have to live with that. It's very easy to add a desktop icon to make this simple
(3) FOR EXPERTS ONLY. Update the motherboard bios to the latest available. Never attempt this without complete knowledge as it is very easy to end up with an expensive door-stop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acpi-power-states-force-g3-s6-from-windows-vs-mechanical.206658/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have two SATA hard drives that are confused about themselves and are causing confusion in my multi-boot system One of them somehow convinces my BIOS it is the third drive hd in my system even though it is now connected fourth hd and the other variously shows up either as fourth hd or fifth hd even though MBRs and to to pre-Windows-7 states return How drive FATs their it is actually physically connected as my third hd drive All of this began a few months ago following a regular Windows update and absolutely nothing I have tried so far has been successful in undoing whatever Windows had done I can live with SATA somehow convincing my BIOS it is actually SATA but I need my SATA to stop showing us as two different drives Two examples In KillDisk my physical SATA still shows us as two different drives even after having been ZEROed and now here is how its first two partitions are being accessed for their separate installations of XP via boot ini multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows How to return drive MBRs and FATs to their pre-Windows-7 states XP Pro quot multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows XP Pro quot note Both of the above installations are on the same hard drive that would actually be known as 'rdisk ' if I could get my actual to stop somehow convincing my BIOS it is Question Does anyone here know how to manually edit sectors so How to return drive MBRs and FATs to their pre-Windows-7 states my will again have only one FAT note Its first FAT actually could be coming from the other SATA and I have not tried either drive in KillDisk without the other also being connected at the same time So maybe the challenge here is to fix the drive that is somehow showing itself as The two drives appear as physically connected prior to the actual start of an OS but then pushes itself in as and leaves the real with no option other than to be or even while an OS is actually running

A:How to return drive MBRs and FATs to their pre-Windows-7 states

Update: I might be getting closer, but I still need help here if anyone knows what to actually do! Somehow my pair of SATAs still shows up in KillDisk as a total of three (3) drives, and none of my drive utilities can identify/remove whatever is causing that. Then also, gParted in one of my Puppy installations cannot detect anything on one of my PATAs unless its first partition is active...and Acronis "Home Director" is somehow seeing that entire drive as a single-partition "Super Floppy". There must be a utility somewhere that can return those drives to their original states.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369847-how-return-drive-mbrs-fats-their-pre-windows-7-states.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I tried to shrink my Windows partition as I want to try using Ubuntu again (had some issues with some AMD/ATI drivers the last time I tried). I went into Disk Management and used the shrink volume tool. Everything was alright until, alas, the power went out. Now I'm stuck with Windows stating that it only has 1275.71GB available though the partition never shrank and the shrink tool states that it can't shrink the partition at all. Does anyone know if there is any way to revert this? I'm not to confident with having Ubuntu shrink the volume since Windows is having issues with it.

A:Error while shrinking partition, Windows states it has less space

How big is the drive? Your specs say you have WD 120GB WD 200GB but looks like that is no longer the case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/224829-error-while-shrinking-partition-windows-states-has-less-space.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Nearly every time I shutdown my computer I get a blue screen that comes up saying something like quot Windows protection error You must restart your computer System halted quot I have no idea what has caused this and definately no clue how to fix it The only thing I can do at the blue screen point is hold down the start button to force the computer to shutdown I have included my HijackThis logfile for additional information Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL Error Windows WinME.... Protection on C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW Windows Protection Error on WinME.... EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SCM LEDTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SCM ICONFIG EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZTSB EXE C PROGRAM FILES PRECPOP PRECPOP EXE C PROGRAM FILES PANICWARE POP-UP STOPPER PROFESSIONAL POPUPSTOPPERPROFESSIONAL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LAGQN EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LAGQN EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM WINMGMT EXE C WINDOWS TEMP TD DIR HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http ie-search com home html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant C WINDOWS system searchbar html R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - win ini run C WINDOWS svcinit exe O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp Search Toolbar - AD -FDDB- d f- -A - C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES OE TOOLBAR DLL file missing O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run LEDTRAY C PROGRA COMMON SCM LEDTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run ICONFIG C PROGRA COMMON SCM ICONFIG EXE O - HKLM Run MS Updates C WINDOWS MSCACHE EXE O - HKLM Run Tapicfg exe tapicfg exe O - HKLM Run winmain winmain exe O - HKLM Run K S H Z SDA C WINDOWS SYSTEM Ute R exe O - HKLM Run OrbitUpdate C Program Files Orbit update exe O - HKLM Run OrbitView C Program Files Orbit view exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS SYSTEM hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run MSVersion C WINDOWS SYSTEM INTERNETFEATURES exe O - HKLM Run precpop quot C Program Files Precpop starter exe quot O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices SSDPSRV C WINDOWS SYSTEM ssdpsrv exe O - HKLM RunServices ScriptBlocking quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Script Blocking SBServ exe quot -reg O - HKLM RunServices SVC Service C WINDOWS SYSTEM svcinit exe O - HKCU Run AIM C PROGRAM FILES AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run HXIUL EXE C Program Files Alset HelpExpress Default HXIUL EXE O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperProfessional quot C PROGRAM FILES PANICWARE POP-UP STOPPER PROFESSIONAL POPUPSTOPPERPROFESSIONAL EXE quot O - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item Coupons - file C Program Files couponsandoffers System Temp couponsandoffers script htm O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - E... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

Who Agrees that this Windows is the worst upgrade since Windows I can't stop facing issues with this Windows it's another WinME or Vista First of all I have one of those super freaky PCs which I even sold my shoes for it But with Windows it makes it act like a normal PC - Performance is - not snappy login takes time unlocking takes time and all what Microsoft Engineers can say is check your drivers We are not stupid to wait you for such a silly suggestion better you go and fix your issues - Multiple monitor wallpapers is not there anymore in GUI but you can reach it with a command Were you sleeping when you missed it or taking your lunch - You set an option and sometimes it doesn't take effect till you restart I just took off the option for my monitors not to sleep Never and they still sleep till I did a restart I can't remember all the issues but all I can say that Microsoft it's time to take your customers more seriously and it's time to change your ICDL engineers to make a better stable system I swear if I don't play games and in need of Windows I would take it off long Windows Vista The ridiculous after WinME and most time

A:The most ridiculous Windows after WinME and Vista

Originally Posted by KasperKyd

Who Agrees that this Windows is the worst upgrade since Windows 7?

Not me. Windows 10 is by far the best OS I have ever used or seen.

I can't stop facing issues with this Windows 10, it's another WinME or Vista.

Never tried ME but I had no issues with Vista. It was a good OS, ahead its time, served me well.

First of all I have one of those super freaky PCs which I even sold my shoes for it. But with Windows 10 it makes it act like a normal PC

You cannot expect that a high end PC would work as a dream straight after you have installed Windows 10. You need to be active, find out about the hardware drivers and such.

1- Performance is -1/10 , not snappy, login takes time, unlocking takes time, and all what Microsoft Engineers can say is check your drivers. (We are not stupid to wait you for such a silly suggestion, better you go and fix your issues)

If a hardware driver does not work or is not found is hardly Microsoft's fault. For instance, if your GPU requires specific drivers you need to get them from your GPU manufacturer.

2- Multiple monitor wallpapers is not there anymore in GUI but you can reach it with a command!!!! Were you sleeping when you missed it? or taking your lunch!!

Works like a charm. Just select a multiple display wallpaper from Settings > Personalization > Themes and that's it.

3- You set an option and sometimes it doesn't take effect till you restart, I just took off the option for my monitors not to sleep (Never), and they still sleep till I did a restart.

OK, fair point: of course the operating system sucks if you need to reboot for a change in settings to be applied.

I can't remember all the issues, but all I can say that Microsoft it's time to take your customers more seriously, and it's time to change your ICDL engineers to make a better stable system. I swear if I don't play games and in need of Windows I would take it off long time.

I can remember all the issues: too fast, too reliable, too damn good!

By the way, nobody forces you to use Windows. it's your choice; if you are not satisfied, why not buy a Mac or start using Linux?

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/25728-most-ridiculous-windows-after-winme-vista.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So I got a Windows 7 64 bit upgrade and that is what it states in the disc. However when I upload it to the computer and using Virtual machine to install it the computer tells me it's a Windows Vista 64 bit. Ideas?

A:windows 7 cd disc states it's windows vista

Quote: Originally Posted by zelkirb

So I got a Windows 7 64 bit upgrade and that is what it states in the disc. However when I upload it to the computer and using Virtual machine to install it the computer tells me it's a Windows Vista 64 bit. Ideas?

So...when you run the setup of the Disc it says it is Windows Vista?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/38759-windows-7-cd-disc-states-its-windows-vista.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to do a windows update.
Operating system is Windows me

I am having a problem with windows update.
I keep getting halfway through the update, and in the windows update web dialog box, it shows download progress complete,then shows install progress. I get halfway through this install progress, then I get this message.
setup was unable to install all of the components. Please close all aplications & try running setup again.

restart computer, and resume windows update pops up..
I get this same message If I resume, start from the beginning, or even when I go through the website windows update, and it scans what I need..

Critical
ie6 service pack1
I can not get this to install..
Does anyone, know how to help?

Relevancy 48.16%

I just recently purchased a new laptop with windows My old desktop is running windows ME My internet connection is from a DSL frontier modem router which my laptop is connecting to wirelessly and my desktop is wired to it What I would like WinME 7 Windows connecting to Desktop? Laptop to do or know if its possible is to be able to create a home network where I can transfer files back and forth between the two computers instead of using a jumpdrive like I have to do currently and also print something on my laptop and have it print to the printer connected to the desktop Ive tried setting up the network from both computers but windows only seems to want to connect to other homegroup computers running windows and from the desktop it doesn't see the laptop Both computers recognize the router but neither one sees past the router to the other one My desktop is probably just too out of date but maybe there is something I dont know about This is my first post and any help would greatly be appreciated Thanks Courtney

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-laptop-connecting-to-winme-desktop-450834.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This problem started 2 days ago, as my computer first stopped working screen hang no commands working, so i directly switched off the laptop an than when it restarts, it booting very slowly an after that it always show preparing your desktop, due to which
al my settings are gone i cannot store anything on my desktop on data in downloads also, it's like system gets reset. Please help me out with this problem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8b024355-0e99-435e-8ddd-035f1364f193/everytime-i-log-onto-my-windows-81-pro-pc-it-states-preparing-desktop-and-all-user-settingsfiles?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 47.73%

Nearly every time I shutdown my computer I get a Error on Protection trojan} {peper WinME.... Windows blue screen that comes up saying something like quot Windows protection error You must restart Windows Protection Error on WinME.... {peper trojan} your computer System halted quot I have no idea what has caused this and definately no clue how to fix it The only thing I can do at the blue screen point is hold down the start button to force the computer to Windows Protection Error on WinME.... {peper trojan} shutdown I have included my HijackThis logfile for additional information Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Windows Protection Error on WinME.... {peper trojan} WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SCM LEDTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SCM ICONFIG EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZTSB EXE C PROGRAM FILES PRECPOP PRECPOP EXE C PROGRAM FILES PANICWARE POP-UP STOPPER PROFESSIONAL POPUPSTOPPERPROFESSIONAL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LAGQN EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LAGQN EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM WINMGMT EXE C WINDOWS TEMP TD DIR HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http ie-search com home html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant C WINDOWS system searchbar html R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - win ini run C WINDOWS svcinit exe O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp Search Toolbar - AD -FDDB- d f- -A - C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES OE TOOLBAR DLL file missing O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run LEDTRAY C PROGRA COMMON SCM LEDTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run ICONFIG C PROGRA COMMON SCM ICONFIG EXE O - HKLM Run MS Updates C WINDOWS MSCACHE EXE O - HKLM Run Tapicfg exe tapicfg exe O - HKLM Run winmain winmain exe O - HKLM Run K S H Z SDA C WINDOWS SYSTEM Ute R exe O - HKLM Run OrbitUpdate C Program Files Orbit update exe O - HKLM Run OrbitView C Program Files Orbit view exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS SYSTEM hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run MSVersion C WINDOWS SYSTEM INTERNETFEATURES exe O - HKLM Run precpop quot C Program Files Precpop starter exe quot O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices SSDPSRV C WINDOWS SYSTEM ssdpsrv exe O - HKLM RunServices ScriptBlocking quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Script Blocking SBServ exe quot -reg O - HKLM RunServices SVC Service C WINDOWS SYSTEM svcinit exe O - HKCU Run AIM C PROGRAM FILES AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run HXIUL EXE C Program Files Alset HelpExpress Default HXIUL EXE O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperProfessional quot C PROGRAM FILES PANICWARE POP-UP STOPPER PROFESSIONAL POPUPSTOPPERPROFESSIONAL EXE quot O - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra c... Read more

Relevancy 44.29%

Win 7 Ultimate 64byteThe network icon in the tray is red with a red X.Network and Sharing center states I am currently not connected to any networks.I click on 'Connect to a Network', at the top of the pop up it says 'Not Connected', below the 'Connections Are Available' icon it shows my wireless network and connected.I can't connect to a HomeGroup.Internet connectivity is working.

A:Windows 7 states I'm not connected to any networks when in fact I am connected to my wireless network??

I found a solution for (my version of) this problem.  My tray icon never showed the red X, but if I clicked on the icon, the popup showed a bigger icon with a red X, and said "Not connected".  As in your case, Internet worked, but I'm unable to setup a VPN connection because it insists on using a non-existent modem, obviously because I'm "not connected" (which I am). 

I monitored the processes running the NlaSvc and Netprofm services (using ProcMon), and noticed that both were denied read/write access to subkeys within the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList hierarchy.  

The processes were running as NetworkService and LocalService, respectively, so I tried adding full access for these service accounts to the entire subkey mentioned above.  Notice that permissions are not automatically inherited in the registry, so you may need to explicitly "replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object".

Within seconds, Network and Sharing Center tells me I'm connected to my domain.  Yay!
A reboot was required to fix the tray icon and its popup.

However, I'm still unable to add my VPN connection.

I'm interested in hearing from you guys if your registries miss the same permissions?  If so, Windows 7 must have a bug somewhere with misaligned service permissions/rights.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df17c593-e78f-4878-97b0-7569307934c5/windows-7-states-im-not-connected-to-any-networks-when-in-fact-i-am-connected-to-my-wireless?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys,

I've experienced a problem with my particular iTunes program in Windows 7. Whenever the iTunes program was running, it gives me an error stating in the form of a dialog(ue) box:

"The iTunes Library file cannot be saved. You do not have enough access priviges for this operation."

At first, I thought there was a virus that could have altered some files, but I've found out that my trusty 'ol AVG antivirus (free version 2012) that was doing a routine antivirus scan and that would have led into that error.

However, when I stopped the Antivirus scan - the error has simply gone away....

I was wondering how can I prevent this particular problem from re-occurring?

A:Windows 7: iTunes states that a "library file cannot be saved - insufficient rights"

it is scanning your library for nasties If you want to take a chance and if you are sure there will never be a nasty from something you may have downloaded and added to the library, you can exclude folders by using the "Scan specific files or folders" scan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-itunes-states-that-a-library-file-cannot-be-saved-insufficient-rights-649548.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I got a simple question, let me explain it like an example: Let's say I backup 100GB of data with Windows Backup and over the time where I do all my backups there is like only 30GB of data which changed from those 100GB and also new files were added. Now my external drive is full. When I now delete the very early backup, the first one where the 100GB of data was saved, will it delete then ALL those 100 GB, or will it just delete the previous versions of the files which were modified AFTER that time, which are in this case the 30GB I talked about? Because otherwhise I would then have in the end an uncomplete, messed up backup.

A:(windows Backup) deleting old backup states simple question

"because otherwhise I would then have in the end an uncomplete, messed up backup."

Correct. Windows by default does what is called "incremental backups". It takes a master image of the entire system per your direction, then on the schedule, it takes an inventory of only what has changed and backs up those changes. That is with a DATA BACKUP.

If you do SYSTEM IMAGE, it gives you two options you can set, from which are accessible from Manage Space > System Image/Change Settings:

You should have similar space management controls for your data backups as well. Since I only do a system image every week as my data is on a different drive than the OS, I do not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/161921-windows-backup-deleting-old-backup-states-simple-question.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have encountered some nasty viruses etc including some that stopped my windows updates I am operating on w XP on a Inspiron - I have managed to fix the updating problem but still have some bad stuff b c the resolution of my screen is blurry and my system is operating very-very slowly I have tried to remove O - Service McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup - McAfee Inc - C Program Files McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe a number of times but have been unsuccessful - that is my reasoning that it is bad Am I totally off base Also in the same regard I can not get rid of O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvcALG NVSvcALG Backup Service: (MOBKbackup) Backup\MOBK... - IS- McAfee, C:\Program Online - Files\McAfee Online Inc. - McAfee O23 - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system adsldpcy exe file missing - Please advice Also this is my first post so I am not real sure if it makes any sense - ThanksLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files Lavasoft IS- O23 - Service: McAfee Online Backup (MOBKbackup) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee Online Backup\MOBK... Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system drivers crauto exeC WINDOWS system drivers IMountSRV exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exeC Program Files McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exeC Program Files Novatel Wireless Sprint Sprint PCS Connection Manager OSCMUtilityService exeC PROGRA Intuit QUICKB QBDBMgrN exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exeC Program Files OpenVPN bin openvpn-gui exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBServerUtilityMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exeC WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exec PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exec PROGRA mcafee msc mcupdmgr exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC WINDOWS system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software... Read more

A:IS- O23 - Service: McAfee Online Backup (MOBKbackup) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee Online Backup\MOBK...

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331413/is-o23-service-mcafee-online-backup-mobkbackup-mcafee-inc-cprogram-filesmcafee-online-backupmobkbackupexe-an-virus/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have Windows XP with Mcafee virus protection and Firewall. The virus software fails to update because it can not connect to the Mcafee site. I use windows explorer 8 and can access all sites except Mcafee. Do I have a virus or malware? Need help to remove. I contacted Mcafee and they had me download their Stinger tool, but that did not find any virus.

Thanks.

A:Mcafee Virus software update - unable to access Mcafee site

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257460/mcafee-virus-software-update-unable-to-access-mcafee-site/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi - would be very grateful of some help Running XP Media Center Edition Version SP Using IE primarily but also Firefox In IE although blocked McAfee McAfee error website Google redirections, update and it doesnt happen all the time Google often re-directs to various ad-sites although the correct site can Google redirections, McAfee update error and McAfee website blocked be reached by clicking Back It will not let me access the McAfee website - giving a quot HTTP Not Implemented or HTTP Version Not Supported quot error Firefox randomly crashes and re-starts every now and then and gives a blank page with quot The specified method is not supported quot for McAfee McAfee Security Centre does not start up automatically any more on startup even though I havent changed Google redirections, McAfee update error and McAfee website blocked any settings When the program is opened from the desktop it states the detection signiture is out of date however when I try to update it appears to try before giving an update error and telling me to reinstall McAfee Internet Security which I can t do because I cant access the website Having looked at several topics on here and other boards I have tried doing the following scans with the respective results - all without any success SUPERAntiSpyware first scan SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Loghttp www superantispyware comGenerated at AMApplication Version Core Rules Database Version Trace Rules Database Version Scan type Complete ScanTotal Scan Time Memory items scanned Memory threats detected Registry items scanned Registry threats detected File items scanned File threats detected Adware Tracking Cookie I have deleted these from the copy paste as there were over Trojan Unclassified C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPFSERVICEFAILURECOUNT TXTTrace Known Threat Sources C Documents and Settings Mike Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE KI LE WF images jpg C Documents and Settings Mike Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE IYOARQ images jpg C Documents and Settings Mike Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE EEMOT X images jpg C Documents and Settings Mike Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE SLABO G images jpg C Documents and Settings Mike Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE PVQT V images jpg I then did a scan with MBAM Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack mbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Quick ScanObjects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats d db d - ec - a -bd - e e bb Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center AntiVirusDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center FirewallDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected When neither worked I did a scan with DrWeb-Cureit - Professional Widow Armand s St m a C Documents and Settings Mike My Documents My Music iTunes iTunes Music Compilations Ibiza Uncovered Vol Disc Modification of Win Yasv Moved CFD exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation Adware Cfd Moved DialerOEM exe C Program Files Tiscali Tiscali Internet Trojan Swizzor based Deleted A exe C System Volume Information restore FA-B AC- B - B -DEB B E B RP Trojan Swizzor based Deleted As this again didnt work I ran ATF-Cleaner and attempted to run SDFix however couldn t get it to run in saf... Read more

A:Google redirections, McAfee update error and McAfee website blocked

Install RootRepealClick here - Official Rootrepeal Site, and download RootRepeal.zip. I recommend downloading to your desktop. Fatdcuk at Malwarebytes posted a comprehensive tutorial - Self Help guide can be found here if needed.: Malwarebytes Removal and Self Help Guides.Click RootRepeal.exe to open the scanner. Click the Report tab, now click on Scan. A Window will open asking what to include in the scan. Check the following items: DriversFilesProcessesSSDTStealth ObjectsHidden ServicesClick OKScan your C Drive (Or your current system drive) and click OK. The scan will begin. This my take a moment, so please be patient. When the scan completes, click Save Report. Name the log RootRepeal.txt and save it to your Documents folder - (Default folder). Paste the log into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221339/google-redirections-mcafee-update-error-and-mcafee-website-blocked/
Relevancy 41.28%

this is quite a long story so thanks for reading it hi i need some help with some mcafee service - is awful disabled customer mcafee redirect, google issues google redirect, mcafee disabled - mcafee customer service is awful ive been having over the last couple of days im going to explain everything some parts may be irrelevant but i dont want to leave anything out On the th of september whilst on a website java popped up as if to install then disappeared my mcafee notified me it had removed a trojan after that it kept popping up to tell me it had removed a trojan and i continued viewing the site i pressed stop notifying me presuming it would continue to remove trojans later i tried to start a game i have called minecraft an error popped up saying couldnt start java virtual machine maybe this isnt that relevant and could be an entirely different problem but it happened after the trojan incident and was working fine before i decided to restart hoping all would be well but when i shutdown windows notified me i had updates to install i said ok instead of saying quot windows is installing update of quot etc it just said windows is shutting down and froze i forced a shutdown by holding the power button and when i restarted my start bar and icons where missing i started again in safe mode and tried restoring my pc to earlier that day and restarted again the icons where not there nor the startbar and task manager was quot disabled by my administrator quot i went back to safe mode and ran superantispyware which found some horrible things like quot disabletaskmanger quot some tracking cookies and other things i have a log which can be provided if necassary the day after on the th i thought everything was back to normal as i checked my internets and ate my breakfast task manager was back and fine although minecraft exe still wouldnt start due to java virtual machine fault-relevance unkown after returning to my computer that night i started up my pc to find my task bar missing and no icons again task manager was still fine though i went to safe mode and ran another scan with malwarebytes anti malware and superantivirus the latter only turning up a few tracking cookies On the st of october out of boots of my computer have been successful in that my start bar and icons have appeared as normal HOWEVER mcafee realtime scanning is turned off and when i turn it on it goes off again and if i try to run any sort of scan with it it says cannot complete and that i have to check my internet and stuff it looks as though something has hold of my mcafee virus software the second major problem im finding is that when i search in google particularly when searching for mcafee help i get redirected to some wierd seemingly random website upon clicking the links on one occasion internet explorer popped up on its own with a wierd website im at a complete loss after trying mcafee s virtual technition help and that not working i tried chatting with a helper online the conversation i had with them was absolutely useless and i might aswell of asked my dog for help i would REALLY appreciate any help with getting to the bottom of this also im aware this problem seems to be quite common but ive been reluctant to try any fixes ive found on this internet because it seems like the help is tailor made i have hijack this combofix antimalware superanti spyware but havent used combofix or hijack this yet because i dont know what im doing with them thanks for any help or comments and thanks for reading this mighty essay -mark

A:google redirect, mcafee disabled - mcafee customer service is awful

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351587/google-redirect-mcafee-disabled-mcafee-customer-service-is-awful/
Relevancy 41.28%

if value is 900.00 to 949.99 then cell is 100.if value is 950 to 999.99, then cell is 200if value is 1000 to 1049.99, then cell is 300if value is 1050 to 1099.00, then cell is 400if value is 1100 or greater, then cell is 500Can someone help me put this if statement together so it works? Im using Microsoft Office 2010.

A:I need an if statement that states the following

I am assuming that by "if value is 900.00 to 949.99 " you are refer to a value is a specific cell and by "then cell is 100" you are referring to the cell where the formula resides.In other words, with the formula in B1, you are looking at the value in A1.If so, there are 2 methods:A Nested IF function would look like this:=IF(A1>=1100,500,IF(A1>=1050,400,IF(A1>=1000,300,IF(A1>=950,200,IF(A1>=900,100)))))However, there are 2 issues with this solution:1 - You didn't tell us what you want the formula to rerun if the value is less than 900. As written, that formula will return FALSE since this condition is not specifically addressed. In other words, we haven't told Excel what to do if none of the conditions are met.That issue can be solved by telling Excel to return an empty for any value that doesn't meet any of the specified conditions:=IF(A1>=1100,500,IF(A1>=1050,400,IF(A1>=1000,300,IF(A1>=950,200,IF(A1>=900,100,"")))))2 - This may not be an issue, but you only have 2 decimal places in your conditions, e.g. 999.99. While your cell may display 999.99, if that value is the result of a calculation, the actual value that Excel may use could be 999.991. If we were to use your exact values, we would need to tell Excel what to with values between e.g. 999.99 and 1000.As written, the formula I posted will use <1000, as opposed to =999.99, which handle 999.991 very well. If there is some reason that you need to restrict your conditions to xxx.99, the formula will be more complicated, but can still be written.OK, there is also another method that uses VLOOKUP.If you create a table with your values, you can use a much simpler formula. If you use the VLOOKUP method, you can change the values in the table and not have to touch the formula should any of your criteria change in the future.For example, if you start with this table:
C D
1 0
2 900 100
3 950 200
4 1000 300
5 1050 400
6 1100 500
You can use this formula:=VLOOKUP(A1,$B$1:$C$6,2,1)Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/i-need-an-if-statement-that-states-the-following/19956.html
Relevancy 41.28%

ok, I'm sure this is possible I just don't know the best way. When I was in college, I had this program called our tunes that would let you download anyone's iTUNES that was being shared on our LAN. So, is there any way that we could set up a network between my computer and a friends so that our tunes will work for us? If not is there a way to set up some sort of network so he can access certain folders on my computer?

Thanks in advance

A:Networking two pc's in different states.....

I thought iTUNES were for one person's use. Does your subject fall within the forum's guidelines?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-two-pcs-in-different-states.500410/
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok, I'm learning C++ (teaching myself). I understand code, I know HTML very well and other things, however most of what I knew was higher then C++, so I never learned how to translate that. I eventually plan to move on to Assembler, but I'd rather get c++ down first. My problem is this.

How do I determine the state of the bits from a hex offset? For instance, if I have 0x1ff, or 0x1fe, or 0xfff, how do I determine what the bits are at that moment?

Thanks a lot!

A:Help with finding bit states?

So you want to check individual bits in a number or individual bits in a bit array?

For checking bits, you use the bitwise AND (&).

If you want to chek for the first bit (LSB), you & the number with 0x1 (0000 0001 binary).
If the result is zero (false), the bit was not set.

if(chicken & 0x2) { // If bit 2 is set, do something

For the second bit, you & the number with 0x2 (0000 0010 binary) .
For the third bit, use constant 0x4 (0000 0100 binary).

If you want to set bits, use the bitwise OR (|).

Set first bit in varaible 'chicken':
chicken |= 0x1;

For clearing bits, AND with inversed constants.

Clear bit #4 in 'chicken':
chicken &= 0xF7; // 1111 0111 binary

If you want to flip a bit, use XOR (^).
Flip bit 2 in 'chicken':
chicken ^= 0x2;

Some compilers also support some less standard ways of accessing individual bits
(Borland for example), that are somewhat simpler to use.

If you hava a huge array of bits, and want to find the value of nth bit in that array:

- Divide the bit offset by 8 , you'll get a byte offset to the previous byte.
- Read the next byte.
- Use the remainder from the division in a 'switch' to get access to individual bits.

Of course, you could serach the net and find heaps of libraries containing functions
to do bit manipulations and save yourself the trouble.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-finding-bit-states.1523/
Relevancy 41.28%

I just had some terrific help from TSG and cleaned up my HiJackThis log and ugh I just found another problem with my PC When I try to go to www mcafee com or http us mcafee com root redirects support asp affid - this is the Mcafee Support button link I receive the IE error message that the open virus IE disabled start scan can't McAfee at - up www.mcafee.com, page cannot be found Looking into this further when I start up the PC the McAfee McAfee - IE can't open www.mcafee.com, virus scan disabled at start up logo color is red the McAfee security splash appears listing the active services and then a moment later the McAfee start up logo color changes to black and is disabled I ve McAfee - IE can't open www.mcafee.com, virus scan disabled at start up run McAfee Update but I don t think it s been updating successfully because the security index indicates that its detecting an older version I searched the TSG forums and wasn t able to find a solution Some back story which may be pertinent - I had NAV installed and it got corrupted symptoms included disabled virus scan at start up The PC was not able to connect to the internet at all I took the laptop to a tech shop last week and they were not able to reinstall NAV successfully They installed McAfee instead I m running on Windows SP IE v McAfee VirusScan v I m also running ZoneAlarm with the privacy option disabled and have run the comprehensive Ad-Aware scan Any help would be most appreciated Jackie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mcafee-ie-cant-open-www-mcafee-com-virus-scan-disabled-at-start-up.210418/
Relevancy 41.28%

Symptoms Slow system McAfee runs very slow McAfee is not returns always has error, removal after manual McAfee W32/Bagle.gen McAfee protecting my system After manual McAfee scans the same virus is always there W Bagle internet works can not boot in safe mode How it started I loaded a program that I downloaded and then it disableded McAfee and then the system shut down and rebooted McAfee has never worked properly since It tells me to quot fix quot the problem and it always returns an error System XP professional version with service pack and most of the updates updates that can not be removed later are not installed on my system Pentium CPU GHz and GB RAM McAfee Protection status FIX Action required for Computer McAfee has error, W32/Bagle.gen always returns after manual McAfee removal and Files Email and IM Internet McAfee has error, W32/Bagle.gen always returns after manual McAfee removal and Network says Attention Security Center Version Build Affid Last update Virus Scan Version Build Affid Dat version DAT date Engine McAfee has error, W32/Bagle.gen always returns after manual McAfee removal Version Firewall Version Build Last update Site Advisor Version Anti Spam Version Privacy Service Version Data Backup Version I did a manual search of the system files and McAfee finds and Quarentines Wintems exe W Bagle gen virus Location is C Windows System I go to restore and remove and I can scan again and it is always there System restore is diabled I can not boot into SAFE MODE I can choose it but it always starts the boot seqence over and asks me again It will only boot quot Normal quot I did an online scan with EWIDO and it found several items were cookies things and I let them be removed but none were this Bagle gen What should I do I tried using SuperDAT but it says Error Unable to find any qualifying McAfee Products and then closes My McAfee subscription is good till Why does windows not boot in Safe Mode I am at a loss for the next good step I worked through the steps listed here http www techsupportforum com secu sting-log html Now I have the hijackThis file below and the extra txt file attached Thanks for your help Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Kenny on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore is disabled attempting to re-enable success -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system PROMon exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video CameraAssistant exe C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy McProxy exe C Program Files McAfee MSK msksrver exe C WINDOWS system NMSSvc Exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system snmp e... Read more

A:McAfee has error, W32/Bagle.gen always returns after manual McAfee removal

Hi, welcome to TSF!

Please re-enable system restore. An infected system restore cache is better than having nothing at all.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running combofixl:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix
Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows:Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please include the following reports for further review, and so we may continue cleansing the system:

C:\ComboFix.txt
New HijackThis log.

Please click Here to download HijackThis to your desktop.

Click the Download button. When the Trend Micro HJT install box appears, double click on the HJTInstall.exe. Click on Install.

It will be installed by default here: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis

A shortcut to the application will also be placed on your Desktop.

The program will open automatically after installation.

You can double-click the icon that was placed on the Desktop to run subsequent HijackThis scans or you can use the icon inside the folder. The folder HijackThis is where you will find the HJT logs that you save. When you use the application to remove anything, you will also find the backup copies made by HJT inside this folder.

Click on "Do a system scan and save logfile" When the log pops up in Notepad, copy and paste that file back here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/mcafee-has-error-w32-bagle-gen-always-returns-after-manual-mcafee-removal-243474.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Just moved to a different state, new Internet provider gave me a different static ip address, now I can't get Internet. Please help

A:Just moved states, now no Internet, help!

Clearly it's a problem with the ISP, modem, computer connected to the modem, or a cable.

Not a whole lot more we can say unless you want to share some details about your service, equipment and symptoms.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-moved-states-now-no-internet-help.1161764/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Everyone,
Hope you days good.
I have a problem with excel I want to be able to :
* Put a name in the patient list say what floor there on and what type of diet they need and
be able to change when required.
* I have left the old version on floor 0 and floor 1 so you can see what I want.
* I have put in floor 1 revised and floor 0 revised to show what I need.
I thank you for your help.
Regards,
Ian

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-states-of-diet.1137165/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I've noticed that there has been some similar topics here regarding this issue and I apologize if they are the same.

My desktop is warning me that I have spyware installed on my computer and I am unable to remove it. I've tried a few spyware programs to remove it (Ad-Aware, Spybot, etc.) and still I have this background screen as well as virus alerts (the most recent while typing this is Trj/Rebooter.J ).

I'm currently running Windows XP Pro 64-bit edition.

Thank you in advance.

A:Desktop states there is Spyware on my PC

Hi Syl1978 and welcome to TSF !

Please follow these 5 steps, read the instructions carefully :
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Post and attach your final logs in a new thread in the HijackThis section. Be patient as that section is very busy, the security analysts will get back to you as soon as they'll have reviewed your logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-states-there-is-spyware-on-my-pc-256136.html
Relevancy 40.85%

http://www.webroot.com/shared/pdf/infographic-targeted_states.pdf

https://malwaretips.com/threads/targeted-states-infographic.57111/
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer virus checker is stating I have Univ.script/99c. I ran Hijack This and got the following. "For some reason your system denied write access to the hosts files.".

When I tried to analyze it, I was told there was no internet connection even though I was connected to wireless..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-checker-states-i-have.1121366/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi,
i'm seriously considering taking the Cisco Cert Network Admin exam, but before i hit the road i need your advice, is taking the exam a great idea? with Cisco alone can i get a place in the world of networking? would really appreciate what you all have to say. Thanks in advance

A:CCNA in the United States

Never hurts to have a certification. But I think most employers expect you to have the degree and the certifications.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ccna-in-the-united-states.1039433/
Relevancy 40.85%

No sound list error 52. I have updated driver.  Get message: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/no-sound-states-error-52/td-p/5732372
Relevancy 40.42%

On one of the win10 PCs I maintain I have seen a couple of very long (15min) boot times in the past month. The disturbing part is there is absolutely no indication of what is being done during this time. What I think is happening is there is either a pending update, a new download or a system check that is causing that delay, but for whatever reason win10 is not reporting on it. Even when the boot finally reached the desktop stage, it was still unresponsive for many minutes. The only thing I could do was start task manager, but it was unresponsive so I couldn't learn anything. No malware found, so are these fugue states the new normal?

Note: this was all before the 1607 update, which took forever but seems successful.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/65266-pc-experiencing-occasional-fugue-states.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey guys this has been driving me crazy! When i change my start orb everything looks fine until i hover and click, then I can see all 3 orb states. I can't figure this one out! Any ideas would be appreciated!

A:Orb showing all states on hover and click.

Do Option 2 of this tutorial SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker it will not harm any data or programs you have installed it will try to find and repair any corrupt system files that you have. You may need to do this up to 3 times with a reboot after each scan.

Then try to change the Orb again.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/302135-orb-showing-all-states-hover-click.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi My computer was recently infected by a virus known as MFC DLL dll vbs and the IE bar stated it was hacked by GNUlihd gmail com when i was backing up files from my flash drive to my pc's D-drive but i didnt had any anti-virus software installed Each time i tried to open any of my drives it would deny me by stating quot Can not find script file quot C MFC DLL dll vbs quot Then i scanned my whole pc with kaspersky internet security and it had removed the virus I can open both my C and D drives by double clicking them now But my IE bar still states quot Hacked by GNUlihd gmail com quot eg Tech Support Forum - Post New Thread - Hacked by GNUlihd gmail com ----------------- Here is my Hijack Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Taha Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Hacked By bar IE states [email protected] Title Hacked by GNUlihd gmail com O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - IE bar states Hacked By [email protected] HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O IE bar states Hacked By [email protected] - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program IE bar states Hacked By [email protected] Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - Extra context menu item Add to Banner Ad Blocker - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ie banner deny htm O - Extra button Web traffic protection statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security SCIEPlgn dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF BB F - F - EC -BF D- BD C AE a-squared Scanner - http ax emsisoft com asquared cab O - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA KASPER KASPER mzvkbd dll C PROGRA KASPER KASPER mzvkbd dll C PROGRA KASPER KASPER adialhk dll C PROGRA KASPER KASPER kloehk dll O - Service Kaspersky Internet Security AVP - Kaspersky Lab - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe -- End of file - bytes How can i confirm that this virus has been removed completely and it won't return again What should i do to get rid of the IE heading Please help thanks

A:IE bar states Hacked By [email protected]

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We no longer use HijackThis as our initial analysis tool.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/ie-bar-states-hacked-by-gnulihd-gmail-com-395629.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I work with an Access database that records sales data by state. When I pull data by region I have to run a single query for each region in order to specify all the states of that region. I need a solution what will allow me to run a single query and view information for all regions as opposed to running a query for each region.

In a nutshell I need a way to automatically group states by region instead of doing it manually each time I run a query.

I appreciate any help that is offered.

Relevancy 40.42%

I let a co worker use my computer and since she has used it, I can't get the A drive to operate. A message comes up that the drive is not ready. At first, I thought it was the disk so I tried it in my other computer and it worked fine. The problem is within the drive of the other computer. A disk was left in the drive and was recognized when the computer was booted up so I don't understand what is going on. The computer is relatively new so this is a very unusual situation. Any suggestions? Thanks..

A:Message States A Drive Not Ready

There are only a few things that this could be, if the covers haven't been off, I'm going to guess that something got damaged in the drive inserting the disk, and now it's not recognizing that it's in there. If this is a desktop, the good news is that the last time I bought a couple of floppies, they were $8/ea, so it's not an expensive fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/message-states-a-drive-not-ready.109596/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi nbsp I was wondering if this is normal for Acer notebooks Apparently they do not support all the more recent sleep states that skylake CPUs currently allow like connected standby etc nbsp If I open a command prompt and question the currently available sleep states I get the States Sleep R7-372T Aspire R13 following nbsp powercfg a The following sleep states are available on this system Standby S Hibernate Hybrid Sleep Fast Startup The following sleep states are not available on this Aspire R13 R7-372T Sleep States system Standby S The system firmware does not support this standby state Standby S The system firmware does not support this standby state Standby S Low Power Idle The system firmware does not support this standby state Kinda disappointing dont you think The BIOS is up to date I wonder why Acer is not supporting connected standby for instance It would probably help with battey life and offer better wakeup options Currently if the system goes to sleep I always have to longpress the power button for the system to wake up which always takes quite a bit before I can continue working

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-R13-R7-372T-Sleep-States/td-p/430961/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,
Just updated Win Vista 32 bit machine. All ok. Win update states up to date.
Ran Belarc advisor which states that kb2909210 (critical update) is not installed.
I have IE9 (but use Firefox). This months update for IE9 is kb2909021 which has installed OK
According to MS, patch kb2909210 is for IE8
Any suggestions gratefully received.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/belarc-states-hotfix-not-installed-797074.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I m an absolute novice and hopefully I m posting in the right place Maybe this actually belongs in security but Help! want allowed States here UK by to them. the in but not I'm watch I Channel 4 I think it s a networking question Channel in I want to watch UK Channel 4 here in the States but I'm not allowed by them. Help! the U K www channel com was set up as an alternative to the BBC and as part of its legal charter it is not meant to be viewed outside the U K The only thing is their programming is fantastic I regularly have a friend videotape documentaries and airmail them over Just as an aside that movie that won Best Oscar for a Leading Role quot The Last King of Scotland quot was a Channel television movie over there Anyway they re up and running on the Internet I just can t get them because their computer systems can obviously detect where my computer is Is there some way in which one can fool there system into thinking I m in the U K Or could I pay for a U K Internet service provider to get Channel over the Internet Any suggestions links gizmos ideas well you get the point Please anything would be cheaper than a two-week stay in London Humble thanks Steve nbsp

A:I want to watch UK Channel 4 here in the States but I'm not allowed by them. Help!

............and as part of its legal charter it is not meant to be viewed outside the U.K.

I think you have it in a nutshell there Steve.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-watch-uk-channel-4-here-in-the-states-but-im-not-allowed-by-them-help.550428/
Relevancy 40.42%

I had gotten the ransomware about 5 to 10 min ago, I am aware you need to boot the system in safe mode in order to fix it but every time I try, safe mode it starts but then it logs itself out and restarts. Has anyone ever herd of this, or know what to do? Is there some other way to open safe mode to remove it, a way to keep safe mode open with a disk of some kind? I don't know what to do.   ThanksEdit: Moved topic from Windows 95/98/ME to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:United States Courts Ransomware

Welcome aboard

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500273/united-states-courts-ransomware/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am trying to install windows xp from a disc and the bios system says cdrom failure, so therefore I cannot install windows xp. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 40.42%

But every time that I select the option to update the same yellow shield appears sometime later within hours or days telling me I have updates still available This process just keeps repeating itself While doing my back up as recommended by your first steps I realized I could not back up all my documents pictures onto a flash drive In an attempt to make have available states updates Yellow I shield the backup smaller I put several items in my Recycle Bin When this did not work I went and bought an external hard drive and backed up my documents onto it I have not removed the items from my Recycle Bin and suspect that within it are the files that may be corrupt Before I did anything else I wanted to mention this I attempted to follow all the quot first steps quot that your site recommends and successfully created the ark zipped file which I've attached below However when I click on the link your site provides for the DDS it takes me to a blank page with quot about blank quot in the address line I've attached to ark file as instructed and hope to hear from you

Relevancy 40.42%

When I turn my Windows XP computer on the whole screen is taken up by in image that says - Firewall of the United States - Computer Blocked. This computer has been blocked to Americans by the US Government Firewall. I have 72 hours to pay via MoneyPak
Though I can access the Start Menu I can't view any other program. The laptop is a HP Elitebook that has a 1.8 inch hard drive. I don't have the proper tool to connect the hard drive to another computer.

Any suggestions on how to remove this infection is appreciated.

A:Firewall of the United States infection

Do you have this issue in safemode with networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473140/firewall-of-the-united-states-infection/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I was suffering some google redirects on a Windows 7 laptop which has up to date McAfee total protection installed. I ran Malwarebytes which didn't detect anything. I then ran rkill first - which also didn't detect anything. ESET online scanner didn't detect anything either. I tried Kaspersky's TDSSkiller, but that didn't detect anything either. Combofix log says that userinit.exe is infected. I'm not too familiar with combofix, so I thought I'd better ask the experts and here I am. I would be obliged if you advise me on how to proceed.

Thank you in advance.
Brae

A:combofix states userinit.exe infected

Hello.Please follow the instructions in This Guide starting at Step 6.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Additionally, since you ran Combofix, you should include the Combofix log (located at C:\Combofix.txt) in your new topic~Blade

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392283/combofix-states-userinitexe-infected/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,
Currently and for about three days, I noticed that the Devices and Printer display indicates that I have a problem with my USB reader. Has the yellow fault symbol. Doesn't know why, and neither do I. My USB reader which is a multi device reader and the cases buit in front port and the devices hooked to USB all seem to be working fine.
Can anyone direct a course of action to identify any problems? Remember to type S l o w ly.
Thanks for any assistance.
glennc

A:Devices and Printers states problem with USB

Can you post a screen shot of Disk manager & Devices and Printers?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Screenshot tools.
Screenshot with Paint
Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap
Fscapture free download

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/102010-devices-printers-states-problem-usb.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, fellow Windows 7 Users. I have two Keyboard Layouts on my system. EN English (United Kingdom) and JP Japanese (Japan). For no reason, United States pops up there and I cannot remove it in the Keyboard Layouts. This system was bought in the UK and has a UK Keyboard Layout, this has nothing to do with the United States Keyboard Layout. Why does this keep popping up? And how can I stop this? Thanks in advance!

A:EN English (United States) Keeps Installing Itself!

Hi, I started having the same problem on my computer recently, for no reason. I also have JP Japanese (Japan) installed (along with French, which is also the language of my OS) however I've had it installed for more than a year.

Did you eventually find a solution to your problem or does someone have ideas now given that we both have Japanese installed?
Thanks

PS: you can remove it by installing EN Enlgish (United States) and deleting it, but it will come back anyway next time you restart your computer or use the alt+shift shortcut.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/104242-en-english-united-states-keeps-installing-itself.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Intel Board and Operating System XP Home Media Edition On boot S.m.a.r.t. Status Message States Boot Bad message states S M A R T Status Bad Backup and Replace Would this mean to backup the drive and replace the data or would this mean replace the drive This computer has RAID but not used so is that what the reference to S M A R T means When I press F to continue as noted on the boot screen all works well other than being able to do a restore or automatically switch between two users in email but that is probably the other problem I Boot Message States S.m.a.r.t. Status Bad note below but is outside this issue per forum guidance not by my knowing anything about computers I have the as-purchased GB HD but added two GB HDs one of which has the Ghost image Could maybe change a HD to the Primary boot if the current Pri boot drive is going south Do I really need to worry about this I did use the restore disc several weeks ago after not being able to boot the Boot Message States S.m.a.r.t. Status Bad computer for a long time and set it aside for more urgent problems The restore fixed the problem and thought I was out of the woods once I also extracted Outlook Express and Media Player from a compressed and stored file I was so elated to have my fast computer working again Computer had booted just fine without any creepy messages after use of the restore disk Have another current issue on this computer identified Trojan on this forum but think it is not related well I guess it is not related uh and hope it is not anyway Would like to solve without intalling a Norton Ghost backup image or HD change but that might be where I am headed Would loose some recent work on an image restore but I can live with it What would you do OH almost forgot had just recently done a scan for HD health and recovery of sectors Perhaps that initiated the problem

A:Boot Message States S.m.a.r.t. Status Bad

Time to replace the hard drive, and ASAP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169638/boot-message-states-smart-status-bad/
Relevancy 40.42%

Florida newspaper (tech section) warns that Java has been hacked and suggests the problem(s) the hackers have loaded is supposed to affect all systems that run Java. Article further states that we PC and Mac users should disable Java. Programs that need Java, when invoked are likely to go to a website to "enable" Java...then...after we use it we are to again, disable Java. This is supposed to influence IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and others. So, is this a real threat? Java has not sent any Java updates to "correct/fix" any breach of their system so does someone really know how accurate the threat is? (My system is Windows XP/home; using IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers)

A:Java - Newspaper states it's been hacked

How many years (six? seven? more?) has it been since we were not advised "should disable Java"? I'll continue to take my chances.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-newspaper-states-its-been-hacked.1087279/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi guys I'm totally freaked out my banners and ads, even my google homepage is set in Korean. I live in the US and if I visit sites such as MSN and MySpace, everything is in Korean! my settings on my Regional Location (WIndows Vista) is set to US and I don't know what's happening. HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ads-and-banners-in-korean-but-i-live-in-the-states.778328/
Relevancy 40.42%

Original Article Redmond Developer News U S Government Joins Microsoft States Joins Against U.S. Government Microsoft Against States The consent decree that partially governs Microsoft's actions about its monopolistic business practices was originally supposed to expire today But Redmond is currently locked in a battle with a coalition of states that want to see federal oversight extended for another half-decade On Friday Microsoft picked up an ally -- the very same government The U S Department of Justice joined Microsoft in its attempt to persuade U S District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly that the consent decree has done its job and should expire this month At issue is the antitrust settlement that followed the Court's original finding that Microsoft had unfairly stifled competition through its Windows monopoly Among other things the decree stipulates that Windows development is supervised by a technical committee and ensures that rivals have an even playing field The current deadline U.S. Government Joins Microsoft Against States was moved from today until Jan of next year The DOJ's brief argues that the states' rationale for extending the decree are illogical and even contradict their own past claims The group of states are led as they have been throughout by California and New York called quot Movants quot in the brief quot The California and New York Movants advance U.S. Government Joins Microsoft Against States inadequate and mutually inconsistent arguments to U.S. Government Joins Microsoft Against States justify extension of the Final Judgments both state groups argue theories moreover that are directly contravened by the states' own past statements and actions quot the document states The brief argues a number of points but the main argument it asserts is that the original consent decree was properly adhered to by Microsoft In fact the DOJ asserts even some of the contesting states have said as much quot As the New York Group informed the Court two months ago the Final Judgments quot have achieved their goals quot and quot are enabling the competition they are designed to protect quot The California Movants do not provide any evidence that the goals of the expiring provisions of the Final Judgments have not been achieved when those goals are properly considered in light of the Court of Appeals decision and this Court's ruling Accordingly there is no legal basis upon which to seek such an extension quot it reads The states have until Friday to respond to Microsoft and the DOJ's latest briefs

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/106282-u-s-government-joins-microsoft-against-states.html
Relevancy 40.42%

This is my wife virus desk states help Norton s computer and all of a suden she could not enter Norton Idenity Run norton anti virus or start computer in safe mode We contacted Norton help desk and Norton help desk states virus were told that the computer was infected oops Norton missed and could Norton help desk states virus only be fixed at a cost of Figured I would at least try this site first Because We could not start Nortons I downloaded and installed AVG antivirus as a back up Here are the files requested Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Kodak KODAK Share Button App Listener exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x RebateInformer RebateInf exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution Norton help desk states virus exe C Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x MapsGalaxy bar bin brmon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBCore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users mimifi Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http toolbar inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid tb id amp language R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http xfinity comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - D D D - F D- C-B C -E F B - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - a -ffa - e c-ae - c f c - C Program Files x MapsGalaxy bar bin SrcAs dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Toolbar BHO - e a -bb b- -a e- edebc c d - C PROGRA MAPSGA bar bin bar dll O - BHO Gacela - BEEA - D- A E-B D-A BD C F - C Program Files x Gacela Gacela dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO AppGraffiti - F A - E - D B- - B EA C EF - C PROGRA APPGRA APPGRA DLL O - BHO Search Assistant BHO - c d a-c - a-a bd-ba e d - C Program Files x MapsGalaxy bar bin SrcAs dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - CCB - B- - ED -FF BCC A - C PROGRA REBAT... Read more

A:Norton help desk states virus

I can't see any obvious signs of malware there
It is much more likely that it is Norton itself that has been corrupted & causing your problems

uninstall Norton from add/remove programs then use the Norton cleanup/uninstall tool from https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

reboot then see what problems still exist

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-help-desk-states-virus.1089026/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I am running windows 7 64 bit on a Copaq Presario CQ 62-219 Model #WQ778UA
I can not play cd dvd de nada.. it pops open drawer says insert readable media. please advise how to fix this. thanks

A:DVD wont work States as Removeable

Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, expand CD/DVD rom drives. Are there any yellow marks for your optical drives here? Or are they listed at all?
Try the Microsoft FixIt. CD-R drive or CD-RW drive is not recognized as a recordable device
If this fails, the laser diode that reads and writes CD/DVD's has failed and the drive needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvd-wont-work-states-as-removeable-936658.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Everyone I'm as illiterate as they come for computers so I'm throwing myself on to your intelligence court - any assistance would be most appreciated I can't how Know Full States Drive Don't to Fix Recovery - D: stand to think i'd have Recovery D: Drive States Full - Don't Know how to Fix to sit Recovery D: Drive States Full - Don't Know how to Fix on the phone for hours with HP having them trying to figure out Recovery D: Drive States Full - Don't Know how to Fix how to help me and then messing me up even more Okay - here's my issue I have a HP pavillion slimline s e PC vista home premium service pack bit thingy amd athlon X dual core processor GHZ file system NTFS I hope this is enough information this Recovery D thing came up after I tried to do a normal backup - i did not mistakenly try to do a backup to the recovery D drive - i know i specifically did it to the drive that holds the DVD backup disc e drive it says my recovery D drive is low and to clear out files - but there aren't any files to clean or clear it says MB free of GB and it shows it in RED should i just leave this alone and ignore it - or should i take any action thank you

A:Recovery D: Drive States Full - Don't Know how to Fix

Hello Olivesangel, and welcome to Vista Forums.

It sounds like the Recovery Partition is also being used to store System Restore points on. You might check with the tutorial below to make sure that the D: drive is not checked in the System Protection page settings.

System Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217032-recovery-d-drive-states-full-dont-know-how-fix.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I am running a sempron on XP prp SP with a gb primary drive c amp D and an gb secondary slave drive G amp H I noticed the other day that my G amp H drives were not showing up in explorer when i restarted the pc the slave drive is being recognised in the bios I went to disk manager and was able to turn the drive back on somehow The it hard (Oh formatted Xp States drive Help not please yes ! is ) main problem is that when i click on either G or H ireceive the message that the disk is not formatted The G drive contains many of my precious digital photos yeh yeh should have backed up I took the drive out placed it in an external HD enclosure tried that Received the Xp States hard drive not formatted ! (Oh yes it is ) Help please same error tried it on my laptop running Xp States hard drive not formatted ! (Oh yes it is ) Help please XP home same message tried it on my old PC running windows ME and am able to acess the G drive no problem The only problem is that the HD in this old PC is not big enough to copy the data across from the G drive Anyone any ideas why XP wont recognise the format and how i can sort it out Thanks Noel nbsp

A:Xp States hard drive not formatted ! (Oh yes it is ) Help please

How big is your power supply? WATTS I mean. If you only have 350W It might not be enough to power those HDDs you'll see them not show up under Windows. They may show up when you first bootup the PC. Also if the PS is okay then check your IDE Ribbon cables for color changes. They don't last forever. You might have to replace them also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-states-hard-drive-not-formatted-oh-yes-it-is-help-please.41572/
Relevancy 40.42%

RegRun NTFS Checker Processing T Windows Failed to open T Windows CSC v Error Access is denied Failed to open T Windows CSC v Error Access is denied Failed to open T Windows System Microsoft Protect Recovery Recovery dat Error Access is denied Access was denied by ZeroAccess Rootkit Failed to open T Windows System Microsoft Protect Recovery Recovery dat LOG Error Access is denied Access was denied by ZeroAccess Rootkit Failed to open T Windows System Microsoft Protect Recovery Recovery dat LOG Error Access is denied Access was denied by ZeroAccess Rootkit Failed to open T Windows System Microsoft Protect Log PC RegRun my ZeroAcces on states Rootkit Recovery Recovery dat d a fd- ec- e -b ce- d fb TM blf Error Access is denied Access was denied by ZeroAccess Rootkit Failed to open T Windows System Microsoft Protect Recovery Recovery dat d a fd- RegRun Log states ZeroAcces Rootkit on my PC ec- e -b ce- d fb TMContainer regtrans-ms Error Access is denied Access was denied by ZeroAccess RegRun Log states ZeroAcces Rootkit on my PC Rootkit Failed to open T Windows System Microsoft Protect Recovery Recovery dat RegRun Log states ZeroAcces Rootkit on my PC d a fd- ec- e -b ce- d fb TMContainer regtrans-ms Error Access is denied Access was denied by ZeroAccess Rootkit Failed to open T Windows System Tasks RealPlayer Cloud -bit Error The system cannot find the file specified

A:RegRun Log states ZeroAcces Rootkit on my PC

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop Download RogueKillerQuit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572411/regrun-log-states-zeroacces-rootkit-on-my-pc/
Relevancy 40.42%

Logfile of HijackThis v Need Log WinME for help HJT with Scan saved at AM Need help with HJT Log for WinME on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PROMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS WINLOGON EXE C PROGRAM FILES SMC EZ CONNECT WIRELESS CONFIG EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM WINMGMT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C MY DOCUMENTS DOWNLOAD FILES HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page mkMSITStore C WINDOWS start chm start html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar PopUpCop - DB E E -FF A- - C E-F A A - C PROGRAM FILES POPUPCOP POPUPCOP DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run NVQuickTweak RUNDLL EXE NVQTWK DLL NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKCU Run winlogon c windows winlogon exe O - HKCU RunOnce FinishSetup rundll quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM SWIX OCX quot Check O - Startup Configuration Utility lnk C Program Files SMC EZ Connect Wireless Config exe O - Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item Open Image in New Window - res C Program Files PopUpCop popupcop dll imagenew O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem MSN Messenger Service HKLM O - Extra button Dell Home HKCU O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www dellnet com O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x ansi iuctl CAB O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net pple com borris us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF A D -B - D - CC - A AAF WONWebLauncher Class - http www flipside com cab WONWebLauncherControl cab nbsp

A:Need help with HJT Log for WinME

Check and "fix" the following items in the scanlog and delete the bolded files after rebooting:

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = mkMSITStore:C:\WINDOWS\start.chm::/start.html

^^ this is likely to return; see the informational link at the bottom

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [winlogon] c:\windows\winlogon.exe

^^ does not belong in WinME

O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FinishSetup] rundll32 "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SWIX.OCX",Check

^^New, undocumented and very suspicious.
======================================

It appears you are the victim of the very new and as yet unpatched exploit described by Merijn here:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/index.html
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/9658/exploit
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/9658/solution/

You can try the "workaround" described on the "solution" page. Run regedit, find the key described and right click on

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\ms-its

Try renaming it ms-itsxx

You also need to review your browsing habits to determine where you are going that might be exploiting this vulnerablity.

Also there are some new patches, one includes a help and support patch, I just don't know that it addresses this particular problem. See the "Recent Critical Updates" thread pinned at the top.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-hjt-log-for-winme.225571/
Relevancy 40.42%
Q: WinME

OK just for giggles and grins here's my friends log hehehe Y'all are gonna say D'OH I know it's in a temporary folder I couldn't get it in the right place for some reason it wouldn't let me put the HjT exe in it's own folder but then WinME I am not too familiar with ME maybe I was doing something wrong I told my friend I wanted WinME him to do an on-line scan but I don't think he WinME ever got around to it Now it's too late There is definitely no hurry on this log LMAOLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM ATI EVXX EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXEC PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGSERV EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXEC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM ATIPTAXX EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM LTMSG EXEC WINDOWS LOADQM EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXEC PROGRAM FILES CYBERMEDIA CMAGENT EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXEC PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXEC WINDOWS TASKMON EXEC PROGRAM FILES VIEWPOINT VIEWPOINT MANAGER VIEWMGR EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLDIAL EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL AOL SPYWARE PROTECTION AOLSP SCHEDULER EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXEC WINDOWS TEMP TD DIR HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http earthlink net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch res C PROGRA TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL saR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http earthlink netR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search searchenhancement com nph-en d sesm sstring R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search searchenhancement com nph-en d sesm sstring R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page C Program Files AOL Toolbar welcome htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts auto search msn comO - Hosts search netscape comO - Hosts ieautosearchO - BHO My Search BHO - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - C PROGRAM FILES MYSEARCH BAR BIN S BAR DLLO - BHO MyWay Search Assistant BHO - - - dea- C- ECD AA - C PROGRAM FILES MYWAY SRCHASTT BIN MYSRCHAS DLLO - BHO qmvkwmmmm Class - EEC- EF - A -A D-EDE F FC C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MOZ S DLLO - BHO TChkBHO Class - F F DB -B A - -B D- D FAD - C WINDOWS SYSTEM QCBLCJZ DLLO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCXO - BHO no name - CA C- C - a -A C - F F CB - no file O - Toolbar My amp Search Bar - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - C PROGRAM FILES MYSEARCH BAR BIN S BAR DLLO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C PROGRAM FILES VIEWPOINT VIEWPOINT TOOLBAR VIEWBAR DLLO - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C PROGRAM FILES AOL TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLLO - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorunO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run AtiPTA Atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run LTWinModem ltmsg exe O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exeO - HKLM Run LexStart Lexstart exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run CyberMedia Agent quot C PROGRAM FILES CYBERMEDIA CMAGENT EXE quot SUO - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -sO - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrSchemeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG ... Read more

A:WinME

There is definitely no hurry on this log LMAO thats refreshing to hear. It may take several minutes to prepare your recommendations. Please don't be too patient. I'll be workin' on it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5163/winme/
Relevancy 39.99%

I m not sure what s going on - I m unable to update my current McAfee SecurityCenter package and believe that something is blocking me from updating it and accessing the website I ve downloaded HijackThis and have run a log I d appreciate any help direction on solving the problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Update McAfee McAfee to website Not Able access or AM on Platform Windows XP Not Able to Update McAfee or access McAfee website SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Not Able to Update McAfee or access McAfee website C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system spupdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system reg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings AJordan Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download Install dotnetfx x exe c e c c c c f fe bc a dotnetfx setup exe c ef d ab c c d a setup exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe c WINDOWS system MsiExec exe c WINDOWS system MsiExec exe c WINDOWS system lodctr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files A... Read more

A:Not Able to Update McAfee or access McAfee website

okay, well, thanks for looking at the problem! looking at taking my laptop to Best Buy or something to get it checked out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-update-mcafee-or-access-mcafee-website.827805/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Computer connected is), BSODs recent (but states it not all I've been dealing with a few issues on my Windows desktop PC over the past couple months or so Computer states not connected (but it is), recent BSODs possibly unrelated though they all seem a bit suspicious and I figured it's time to take care of things in case they get ugly and are in fact related to some type of malware I have not been having any performance issues with the PC but I know these events aren't normal Quick scans with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes turned up nothing at all Haven't run a full scan with MSE in a while but I can Also I know there's the one problem one post rule here which I'm happy to abide by if these turn out to be not related to each other at all The most recent issue ongoing for the past few days is that the internet connectivity icon on the bottom right of the computer shows a red X over the wi-fi bars and states Not connected connections are available at the top of the box when I click on it Aside from that it does say connected next to my specific wireless network and the internet has been working perfectly fine I updated the drivers to my network adapter and tried reinstalling them as well with no help I've tried using the native troubleshoot functionality no changes and I've tried enabling disabling the wireless adapters I don't remember making any recent software installations on my PC other than a few purchased games I have had no other internet connectivity issues and can't connect this sudden change to anything in recent memory I've also noticed that when I start the computer either restart or start from shut down Microsoft Security Essentials will initially turn on as normal then minutes later I'll get a warning from the Action Center stating that it is off recommending that I turn it back on So I do and it runs fine without interruption after that However this has been occurring every time over the past few days which again keeps me suspicious I don't have any other anti-virus software and Windows Defender is off I did have the free version of Malwarebytes which I uninstalled just to see if it made a difference and of course it didn't Finally Over the past several months I have had recent computer crashes seemingly random with the blue screen I don't recall any obvious trigger they have occurred with routine use on the internet without any warning I had gone a couple months without any crash at all then had one I think this November The computer has restarted from them all without obvious performance issues Please let me know what information you might need including specs and hardware information I'm not sure where to start with all of this or what should be most concerning or if these events are all even related at all Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598352/computer-states-not-connected-but-it-is-recent-bsods/
Relevancy 39.99%
A:Whites To Be A Minority in the United States in decades.

This thread is closed as innappropriate!

You are also getting a 24/hr ban save Mod review!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whites-to-be-a-minority-in-the-united-states-in-decades.441789/
Relevancy 39.99%

When i try and stream to the laptop it states i am unable to stream to this device. I have gone into settings and selected approve streaming. Any tips?? In this case i am trying to stream from my AFL live subscription.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/streaming-messages-states-cannot-stream-from-laptop/td-p/5645293
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all I have a family member's computer that I -- Courts iteration? States United virus new think is United States Courts virus -- new iteration? running unupdated Windows and it's picked up the United States Courts ransomware Bleepingcomputer has a rundown on it here http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-united-states-courts-ransomware Unfortunately the version on my sister's computer is newer One cosmetic difference the background isn't the original desktop but a fake set of UNIX-looking commands black on white The functional difference is that whenever I boot in safe mode or safe mode with networking the computer automatically logs off and resets before I can enter any commands I was able to run RKill once but it didn't find the right processes and the lock screen showed up right after it terminated I am also under the impression that the virus can play sound but that might just be paranoia I'm trying very hard to get my sister to give up on her fairly small amount of data -- I have reinstall CDs and am itching to use them because this virus is such a pain But I'd like to grab her files if possible they might even be small enough to send via email if I could get a couple of minutes of functionality out of the system What do you folks think Any tips Thanks very much in advance

A:United States Courts virus -- new iteration?

You may be able to access the drive if you attach it as a slave.We also can get in and clean this if you want. Let me know.This is an XP machine?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500209/united-states-courts-virus-new-iteration/
Relevancy 39.99%

My ISP states that I am using to much bandwidth on the upload side They tell me its a virus causing it I don t believe it Would HJT to Bandwidth? ISP Log Solved: Upload Attached Much States someone be so kind as to look over my HiJack This log to see if my ISP could be correct Thanks Logfile of Trend Solved: ISP States to Much Upload Bandwidth? HJT Log Attached Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTBDaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files OLYMPUS DeviceDetector DM Service exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http shop ebay com items harley W QQ nkwZharleyQQ sopZ R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO eBay Toolbar Helper - D E - A E- DFB- E-AAB F BD - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - no file O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar eBay Toolbar - AD -F A- D-BD -B CC DF CE - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - ... Read more

Relevancy 39.99%

Seeking help for BSOD on a brand new Lenovo W701 Thinkpad running Windows 7 - 64 bit

A:BSOD - Power States Driver Failure

Hello and welcome to TSF.

All are bugcheck 0x9F, and two of the three point to Apsx64.sys - part of a hard drive utility from Lenovo. Uninstall the IBM Thinkpad Active Protection System and see if BSODs persist.

Good luck.

Devin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-power-states-driver-failure-515590.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all,
My HP Pavilion dv4 says that it burns a cd successfully, however, when I check the cd it's blank.
It will read cd's, it never displays an error msg of any type. Does any one have any ideas as to what the problem may be and how to fix it?

Thanks

A:HP states CD burn successful, cd still blank though, Ideas??

as an addition, it does it with all programs, nero, windows media player, itunes etc..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184245-hp-states-cd-burn-successful-cd-still-blank-though-ideas.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have this infuriating United States Cyber Security virus that has locked my computer and says it will unlock if I pay 200 bucks. I cannot even get all the way into safe mode. I can hit f8 & the safe mode options come up but no matter which one I select, I get the "we apologize" message. Help!!

Relevancy 39.99%

Ok so after days at this I m in Kasperskey are ram states disk rescue saved /tmp&/var/tmp giving up and comming to the experts I have a Compaq sr nx Kasperskey rescue disk states /tmp&/var/tmp are saved in ram I was told there is malware on the drive from previous owner Win that was just re-recovered to sp currently is has mg mem onboard ati realtek audio realtek usb g maxtor hd and a TSScombo dvd cdr I have attempted to use a Kaspersky rescue disk on it after the first recovery started showing graphic problems retrace Also I ran superantispyware and it found of which were trojans and malware bytes the time it DID run found When running the recovery console in graphic mode it hangs up when doing so in text it seems to be scanning to quckly and never finds any threats except spyware file and then it froze Also when I reset the computer the options for win recovery are f to enter the rec console f to go to setup and esc to go to boot menu odd thig is when I hit f which is NOT listed it goes into the phoenix bios also The time on the computer is off by about hrs Kav rescue states when running tmp and var tmp are saved in ram and suggests I save files elswhere I have done everything from changing bios drive orders and even created a DOS boot disk I also have Herin s boot disk but SuperAntispyware stated they was a trojan on this disk when I included it in a scan of all drives Let me also say that I have computers all of Hp or Compaq design with similar issues As of now I am using a HP notebook that I just got back from quot Geek Squad quot for having a rootkit I suspected but am still not convienced it is secure as the vunerabilities scan states Adobe reader adobe air hp assistant and slingbox along with one other program are still issues do to files UDX packed molebox Swf wc PEpatch PEcompact bit b tmp I took the laptop to them after ordering the recovery manufacture disks from Hp and just had them quot clean install quot the entire disks Back to the pc though I actually have two i m trying to fix the nd I am giving to a family that is in dire need of it due to kids and no When attempting to gain access to the computer with various caveman like technics I stumbled on to a few what I think are linux code scripting programs killall vidmode bash bug ramsize sfdisk sandbox rmdir chpasswd hunspell idterm eltorito and there are a few more but I will spare you until I am asked Before the most current restoration on the presario none of the settings were being saved even when I would add a new user settings were not saving correctly on desktop and configurations i would save would somehow change themselves back The graphics when perfoming the recovery console from windows are some timed dithered very poorly especially the icons the file that folder avatar that dends a flying file to your harddrive when performing a destructive restoration along with non of the animation on the recovery screens is working and when Kav rescue disk is ran the inital screen is completly clear and then it refreshes to one with a background that is dithered again poorly Previous to the fresh recovery of Win home sp Kav rescue when i closed it down in windows the harddrive would remain spinning very quietly On the first recovery it had to make an auto adjustment for the newer monitor being used the presario was in a closet for yrs without it being turned on On previous recovery of the windows using the Win recovery console I went to windows and updated the OS it downloaded files with the nd to last one failing to install the system reset itself and windows update stated I still needed to install sp which had supposedly been installed already Also when updating the drivers from the HP site when updating the CD DVD combo writer in device manager a error was shown and it wouldnt let me update or rollback even manually Along with something called quot promise quot making the realtek adapter throw an error Python is running in startup along with atiexx and a... Read more

A:Kasperskey rescue disk states /tmp&/var/tmp are saved in ram

HELP?? I now have another two computers affected by this rootkit,I have multiple logs and am unable to run malware programs due to the infection starting at the acpi. My laptop which was "fixed" at Bestbuy is already showing the infection signs. I am working on another computer that was left by the wayside due to infection(same basic software setup as all the others)I'm concentrating on one system so please don't think I am asking to fix the remaining 6(yes 6!) I have ran Rkill,GMER,Highjack this,and a few device detection programs.I have extensive logs on one machine and would be willing to post them if given the opportunity. The other systems will be somewhat similar removals until I get down to the main infection(as I believe it to be a multitude of malware on all of them)I know to run defogger then post but is it even safe to D/L defogger on a corrupted machine? I am now working on a sr5710f compaq desktop. The sr1810nx Presario has been put on hold from the previous post.I would appreciate any help ANYONE(legitimate) can offer as I have been on the phone with ATT tech support(4hrs) and then Geek-squad,tech support(3hrs) both which remote'd into the computers and said there was nothing wrong after cleaning a bunch of "odd looking" things out of the system,& it comes right back. Hell the rootkit even snagged a copy of "logmein" software to boot since they both use this program for remoting. I have only made this email specifically for this removal as no computer I get on is safe to use a normal acct. Can someone throw me a hand?Please?ThanksThis is a 32bit Vista OS,sr5710f Compaq Presario AMD Ath x2 dc,Nvidia 5150se w 3g mem(512L1,L2 64/64=640cache) ,single 250gb hd,cd/dvd rw scsi,no wifi card,just a nic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398801/kasperskey-rescue-disk-states-tmpvartmp-are-saved-in-ram/
Relevancy 39.99%

Acer Support: Acer Aspire 5534 Notebook Specifications

That has all my laptop information.
My problem is my computer will go in nonresponsive states while playing games, browsing even when I run my virus scanner and disk defragmenter. Sometimes it wont happen for hours and sometimes it'll happen every 5-10 mins.
I have no new installations besides windows updates and League of Legends no errors or anything pops up only shows that it's not responding can anyone help?
Also my virus protector hasn't given me any signs saying I have a virus so im stuck at a standstill.

A:Constant Nonresponsive states when doing simple tasks

Quote: Originally Posted by Joshums2408

Acer Support: Acer Aspire 5534 Notebook Specifications

That has all my laptop information.
My problem is my computer will go in nonresponsive states while playing games, browsing even when I run my virus scanner and disk defragmenter. Sometimes it wont happen for hours and sometimes it'll happen every 5-10 mins.
I have no new installations besides windows updates and League of Legends no errors or anything pops up only shows that it's not responding can anyone help?
Also my virus protector hasn't given me any signs saying I have a virus so im stuck at a standstill.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Event viewer (local) and look for the critical errors listed in the last day, week, etc. Then go to the windows log>application tab. Finally the windows Logs>system tabs.

You want to look for all errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/194663-constant-nonresponsive-states-when-doing-simple-tasks.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an older HP - states bad SeaTools sectors randomly HP G62 freezing, G I pulled the drive and scanned for malware spyware etc with nothing found I am currently running SeaTools HDD is a Seagate GB using both the Short Test ST HP G62 freezing, randomly - SeaTools states bad sectors and Long Test LT Initially the ST passed so I ran the LT The LT indicated there were bad sectors but after running the tools it stated quot repaired quot on HP G62 freezing, randomly - SeaTools states bad sectors all I closed the LT and it automatically ran the ST stating it failed and that I should run the LT again to repair critical sectors I am running the LT again but it has frozen at different points in time while completing the test Is this a sign of a bad hard drive or something else I can easily order a new one and install but I also do not have any of the original discs that came with this think my ex tossed them when she was cleaning her stuff out long story for another time and place I do not really wish to buy a new OS so wondering what my options are at this point Thank you in advance for any and all assistance you can provide Rudy nbsp

A:HP G62 freezing, randomly - SeaTools states bad sectors

If you are freezing up during the hard drive test. I would say it is likely your hard drive is bad. You may be able to order the disk from Hp. Other then that you will need to purchase a OS. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g62-freezing-randomly-seatools-states-bad-sectors.206700/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have been seeing restore points and Vista updates at 3:00am on days that I was almost certain that my laptop was at home hibernating. Is it possible for Vista to wake up on its own from a *hibernating* state and update windows or do other scheduled tasks?

If it has been the case that I am mistaken and Vista was sleeping when it did those updates, can it awaken itself even though the hard drive has shut itself down (to do say a backup or other programmed system maintenance)? In other words under what conditions can we set up scheduled jobs for Vista to do and must we leave Vista "on?" Under what conditions can Vista waken itself to perform tasks?

Thanks

A:Task Management: From what States can Vista Awaken

I suppose it's possible. But it's really more likely that the updates were downloaded while you were working, in the background. Are you set to update automatically with no approval asked?

You might find this discussion useful:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/741471-scheduled-tasks-not-waking-computer.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-management-from-what-states-can-vista-awaken.742135/
Relevancy 39.99%

Laptop Acer Aspire One Op system Windows XP Home Edition - Version - Service Pack MY PROBLEM I am using the keyboard that comes on the laptop not an external one I use the keybord with the United States-International setting in order to use the accents of Latin languages For the last month or so this is happening with all applications Word IE Explorer Firefox etc when I press some keyboard keys the response on the screen is not what it is supposed to be with the international keyboard For example shows shows so I can t print any accented vowels It was working properly for almost two years and suddenly started this erratic keyboard setting States-International United behavior I have not made any changes except the Microsoft updates I have tried adding and removing the international keyboard several times I also tried with United States-International keyboard setting num lock off and that was not the problem The keyboard layout is set to US international correctly it shows correctly on the task bar but the characters do not print as expected I read in some web-board that apparently the same issue is happening to users of Windows latest version patched and that maybe a recent Windows Update has broken International keyboard for XP Vista and Based on that I removed the Windows updates dating back to when I recall all was well Still problem unresolved Any suggestions Thank you very much

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330298/united-states-international-keyboard-setting/
Relevancy 39.99%

hi, new to forum.
. this just appeared on my computer.  I am not very computer savvy so please bare with me.  I did try to run in safe mode but it reboots itself and the courts screen appears.  same goes for safe-mode with networking.  I tried the system restore but It only had the previous morning and I tried that and same thing happens.  The only way I can get it to give me the safe mode with prompt is to disconnect from internet and then it gives me that screen.  I copied the rkill iexplore and the mbam onto a drive..  so my question is now what do i do..  I cant see my home screen so cant load to desktop .. any help would really be appreciated..

A:united states courts ransom maleware

Hello ciaobella I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.How to tell > 32 or 64 bitPlug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst64.exe or e:\frs... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499990/united-states-courts-ransom-maleware/
Relevancy 39.99%

When I try to paste from a copy; "untitled doc 1 caused program to crash. The next time you open OO it will recover it". This happens every day.Last night the documents kept fading out in my list and changing places, I was doing nothing to create this. I tried 9 times to attach a document to email, and each time despite opening the correct document, after dealing with all the fading and jumping, a different random document attached.Today, I opened a document and it is frozen. Both the document and the program. I can not even close the program.I am not very enamored of OO.what to do

A:OPENOffice constantly states document crashed and more

Not a lot of OpenOffice traffic in these forums, you might have a better outcome here:https://forum.openoffice.org/en/for...MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/openoffice-constantly-states-document-crashed-and-more/20068.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I really need help with my Wireless Connection It has always worked fine until recently Now i cannot repair the connection and when i do an ipconfig all it shows my Wired Connection as fine I can connect no Media Connection Wireless states Disconnected problem when Wireless Connection states Media Disconnected wired but my Wireless Connection comes up as Media State Media Disconnected and I cannot connect Wirelessly When I View Available Networks my SSID isn t appearing anymore even though Wireless Connection states Media Disconnected the SSID s both match with my laptop and the router as do the WEP keys I have tried resetting the Belkin Router to no avail and even tried turning off WEP security but still no joy Everything in Device Manager if fine as are the drivers etc Windows IP Configuration Host Name THExxxxxxxxxx Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address -A -xx-xx-xx-xx Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - -xx-xx-xx-xx I ve exhausted all my options in trying to solve this issue and have ran out of ideas Any help would be gratefully received nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

In which of the ACPI power states on a desktop computer are the CPU PSU fans on I guess in S all fans turn CPU fan, off/on? Power ACPI when fans do PSU states, are ON In what of the other states are fans off Wikipedia Advanced Configuration and Power Interface G S Working quot Awaymode quot is a subset of S where monitor is off but background tasks are running G Sleeping subdivides into the four states S through S o S All processor caches are flushed and the CPU s stops executing instructions Power to the CPU s and RAM is maintained devices that do not indicate they must ACPI Power states, when do CPU fan, PSU fans turn off/on? remain on may be powered down o S CPU powered off Dirty cache is flushed to RAM o S Commonly referred to as Standby Sleep or Suspend to RAM STR RAM remains powered o S Hibernation or Suspend to Disk All content of main memory is saved to non-volatile memory such as a hard drive and is powered down G S Soft Off G S is almost the same as G Mechanical Off except that the PSU still supplies power at a minimum to the power button to allow return to S A full reboot is required No previous content is retained Other components may remain powered so the computer can quot wake quot on input from the keyboard clock modem LAN or USB device G Mechanical Off The computer s power has been totally removed via a mechanical switch as on the rear of a PSU The power cord can be removed and the system is safe for disassembly typically only the real-time clock continues to run - using its own small battery nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acpi-power-states-when-do-cpu-fan-psu-fans-turn-off-on.217737/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello again everyone. I am having more trouble with win7. I am hoping someone can help me solve this one! I have a computer in the other room that is running vista. He can connect to me and my computer sees him. THere is a laptop in the house that is also on my network. here is the problem. I CANT PRINT. This is why, when connecting to his computer its asks for my user name and password. I put in my password and it will not connect. The labtop is able to print though and with out a password at that. Can anyone explain this one for me?

A:Cant print. Asks for my password but states its wrong

Okay, this is going to sound silly, but i was able to fix the problem. When connecting the PC in the other room, for some reason my login name was wrong. Changed it back to my name and it connected

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40830-cant-print-asks-my-password-but-states-its-wrong.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Trying to clean up a friends computer He has Windows Me yuck Pentium Celeron over megs of memory and hard disks- a and a GRan Spybot and Ad-aware in safe mode and cleaned infections Ran scandisk and defrag Computer is still slowwww I have included SLOW WINME his log any help would be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC WINME SLOW SHARED CCEVTMGR EXEC PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINJECT EXEC PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON UTILITIES NPROTECT EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED SYMTRAY EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC WINDOWS TASKMON EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM LVCOMS EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEC PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP SHARE-TO-WEB HPGS WND EXEC PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP SHARE-TO-WEB HPGS WNF EXEC WINDOWS LOADQM EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCAPP EXEC PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS UPDATER EN-US MSNAPPAU EXEC PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXEC PROGRAM FILES ROGERS SELFHEALING SHS EXEC PROGRAM FILES REALITY FUSION REALITY FUSION GAMECAM SE PROGRAM RFTRAY EXEC PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINSM EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON UTILITIES NDD EXEC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton CleanSweep Monwow exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM CJSTL C EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM CJSTC C EXEC PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YMSGR TRAY EXEC HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXEO - BHO REALBAR - E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FD B A D - C PROGRA COMMON REAL TOOLBAR REALBAR DLLO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCXO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLLO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS ST EN-XU STMAIN DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - Toolbar REALBAR - E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FD B A D - C PROGRA COMMON REAL TOOLBAR REALBAR DLLO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLLO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorunO - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exeO - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -sO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrSchemeO - HKLM Run DXM Patch C WINDOWS p exe Q AO - HKLM Run LVComs C WINDOWS SYSTEM LVComS exeO - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeO - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run NPROTECT C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXEO - HKLM Run msnappau quot C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau... Read more

A:WINME SLOW

Have you gone to add/remove programs and deleted the programs that your friend dosn't need or use

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/13256/winme-slow/
Relevancy 39.99%

Can anyone see if there is anything that might be causing my computer to freeze sometimes I have used SPybot and Ad-aware and they found some spyware which I removed Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C log WinME Hjack this WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES DELL SOLUTION CENTER SERVICE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM Hjack this log WinME LTMSG EXE C PROGRAM FILES Hjack this log WinME NETROPA MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MMKEYBD EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZTSB EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MMUSBKB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM WINMGMT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES SONY CORPORATION PICTURE PACKAGE PICTURE PACKAGE APPLICATIONS RESIDENCE EXE C PROGRAM FILES SONY CORPORATION PICTURE PACKAGE PICTURE PACKAGE MENU SONYTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD TRAYMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONSCREEN DISPLAY OSD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE Hjack this log WinME C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES COMMAND SOFTWARE DVPAPI X EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C HIJACK HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www dell com search index htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http adelphia net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO Form Filler BHO - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C PROGRAM FILES ZERO KNOWLEDGE FREEDOM FREEBHOR DLL O - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C PROGRAM FILES ZERO KNOWLEDGE FREEDOM PKR DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run DellSC C Program Files Dell Solution Center service exe O - HKLM Run LTWinModem ltmsg exe O - HKLM Run MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS SYSTEM hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run DME C PROGRAM FILES ZERO KNOWLEDGE DM DOWNLOADMANAGERR EXE O - HKLM Run Freedom C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom Freedom exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices SSDPSRV C WINDOWS SYSTEM ssdpsrv exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices KB C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE O - Startup Picture Package VCD Maker lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe O - Startup Picture Package Menu lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe O - Extra context menu item amp Define - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference A ERS DEF HTM O - Extra context menu item Look Up in amp Encyclopedia - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference A ERS ENC HTM O - Extra button Encarta Encyc... Read more

A:Hjack this log WinME

A good possibility could be this M$ patch:
[KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE

Go to Start, RUN
Type in msconfig
Go to the tab Startup
Uncheck this entry: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
Click Apply, then OK
Reboot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjack-this-log-winme.374569/