Windows Support Forum

Do you recommend Bitdefender ?

Q: Do you recommend Bitdefender ?

Considering that i tried personally BD,can you tell me do you recommend it ? Or do you recommend AVG instead ? Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Do you recommend Bitdefender ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Do you recommend Bitdefender ?

Malware Test said:

Considering that i tried personally BD,can you tell me do you recommend it ? Or do you recommend AVG instead ? Thanks.Click to expand...

At maximum settings, with its focus on automation, I would feel very confident using it. I like it.

Did you experience any "bugs" as reported by other users?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/do-you-recommend-bitdefender.43567/
Relevancy 49.88%

Bitdefender detected a virus called GEN:trojan.heur.c4 (or something like that) i tried to go to every site to help remove this, but nothing works. Now combofix doesnt load, nor does malwarebytes... i cant even scan with those log programs mentioned in a sticky thread above. the only log i got out of it was an error that will be attached below. if anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated

A:bitdefender detected a virus, couldnt remove now bitdefender wont even start.

Hello charnotleetWelcome to Welcome to BleepingComputer =====================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.===========Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")Allow the driver to load if asked.You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259859/bitdefender-detected-a-virus-couldnt-remove-now-bitdefender-wont-even-start/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
Have any one of you used Bitdefender anti-Ransomware with Bitdefender Internet security 2015?? The anti-ransomware function is not include of 2015 products of Bitdefender and I have almost 1 year BIS 15 licence .

A:Have any one used Bitdefender anti-ransomware with bitdefender internet security 2015?

Bitdefender 2015 and 2016 licenses are the same

https://malwaretips.com/threads/have-any-one-used-bitdefender-anti-ransomware-with-bitdefender-internet-security-2015.56285/
Relevancy 48.59%

Bitdefender is a great program, but with still some cons with it. That's why people started releasing AV with Bitdefender's native engine but with different UI. Most come with dual-engines, one being the company's and one being Bitdefender's. The most popular ones are: F-Secure, Emsisoft, and Bullguard. You might ask, "Hey, but why won't people switch to these instead of using Bitdefender, since they come with Bitdefender's essential protection added with their own security options?" A big con of these alternatives are that they are usually outdated, because Bitdefender updates its own products first, then push it out into the other vendors.
So...
Pros of Bitdefender:
-More staff and faster updates
-Always up-to-date
Pros of Other Bitdefender-Based Products:
-Generally more features
-Generally slimmer (less bloated)

A:Bitdefender vs Products Using Bitdefender Engine Explained

BitDefender develops all of its real-time protection features, they only lease their scanning engine to other vendors which is usually an older version but has the latest signature updates. F-Secure, Emsisoft, Qihu 360, Bullguard and others develop their own real-time protection features and implement the scanning engine.

The most bloated part of BitDefender's own product is its real-time protection features that is why other products that using its engines have less bloat and bugs. Just because they use an older scanning engine doesn't mean that the detection is inferior since the signature updates are the same. Newer engines are also much heavier, older engines are more stable.

BitDefender also is known for poor custom support and resolved bugs another benefit for using another product with the BitDefender engine.

Enjoy!!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-vs-products-using-bitdefender-engine-explained.28323/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. Recently every time I start up the PC I get a pop up Windows error message telling me "A problem has occurred with BitDefender Threat Scanner and a dump file has been generated and saved in Windows TEMP folder" When I check the folder there is a .dmp file for every occurrence of the error message. Now I have searched my PC for any instance of BitDefender and cannot find any. I do not remember downloading or installing any such program.  I am running Norton Internet Security for Antivirus. Other than the error message the computer seems to be functioning as normal.  Any help on how to remove this would be appreciated.

A:BitDefender Error Pop up even though I don't appear to have BitDefender installe

Send this to someone who knows about this stuff
(mods, bitdefender people) along with the .dmp file.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600695/bitdefender-error-pop-up-even-though-i-dont-appear-to-have-bitdefender-installe/
Relevancy 34.83%

Will Bitdefender 60 second Virus Scanner work with Avast? Or, are they not compatable.

A:Bitdefender

At its site it says:

Works perfectly with any other antivirus softwareClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bitdefender.192421/
Relevancy 34.83%

I just downloaded BitDefender, ( anti-virus software ) and I noticed that I still get the security alert on my tool bar saying that it doesn't detect any anti-virus software. It also says that it doesn't detect all ant-virus software.

Is BitDefender one of those programs?....

A:BitDefender

Hi.. check if it is listed in your Add- Remove programs...in control panel..
If you can run a virus scan with it ,it must have D/loaded correctly..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender.368307/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm testing trial versions of AV programs I like BitDefender the best so far except for one problem that I know will become annoying enough to me I will choose another brand if I can't fix it When I use BitDefender programs often take a considerably long time to open An example A lapse of almost seconds can occur between the time I click on my Firefox desktop icon and the browser opening Other programs do this too Once the program opens though it functions fine I don't have this problem Av Bitdefender with the ZoneAlarm AV trial my second choice I'm running Windows XP Bitdefender Av SP on an HP Pavilion desktop PC Is anyone familiar with this By the way I'm not running more than one AV program at the same time Lastly if I may do so politely I have spent nearly a month doing research Please do not post simply to recommend other AV programs Thank you to all who reply

A:Bitdefender Av

A stab in the dark here:I'm guessing that your applications are opening a bit slower than what you are accustomed to because BitDefender is scanning them for viruses before allowing them to open. The following quote from their website seems to support this theory, bold face mine:Permanent Antivirus ProtectionThe new and improved BitDefender scanning engines will scan and disinfect infected files on access, minimizing data loss. Infected documents can now be recovered instead of being deleted.From: <http://www.bitdefender.com/PRODUCT-2145-en--BitDefender-Antivirus-v10.html>This would be a good thing in my book, and to me, at least, it doesn't seem to be causing a major slowdown.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67456/bitdefender-av/
Relevancy 34.83%

Does this software actually update every hour as it says it does? Can someone who uses this please verify this for me. Is the s/w as good as eset security suite?

thx

A:bitdefender

It may not update every hour per se, but it could be checking for updates every hour. Actual updates may only be released a few times a week or month.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender.735186/
Relevancy 34.83%

When I checked Bitdefender it kept saying "trying to log in" and the virus shield was on but it said "Nothing scanned yet"
And this has been happening for a couple days and it doesn't want to log in or scan at all.
And today when I checked the virus shield and real-time protection were turned off and it said that a service is unresponsive.
So I restarted my computer and it still said it.
I closed BitDefender now.I also scanned my PC with Malwarebytes and there were no threats.
I also tried avast but it was too slow for me.
If this can't be fixed, are there any other good free antiviruses that have good real time protection?

Specs:
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel I5 4460 @ 3.20 GHZ
Nvidia GTX 745 2 GB version
8 GB ram
1 TB Hard drive
(905 GB, 303 GB free)

A:Need help with Bitdefender

Uninstall the bitdefender and again install it this might work. If it does not then restore your system. I also have same antivirus which you have but i don't have any error with it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618649/need-help-with-bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi!
I'd like to ask about the BitDefender ad what do yu think about installing it on my PC, specially I'm using it at my work as BitDefender Business
and thank a lot.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dark Angel

Hi!
I'd like to ask about the BitDefender ad what do yu think about installing it on my PC, specially I'm using it at my work as BitDefender Business
and thank a lot.

Decent AV software. If you insist upon paying for something go with ESET.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/66968-bitdefender.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Have just installed Bit defender antivirus on my daughter's computer, on a friend's recommendation. It seems to be doing its stuff... but would value the BC community's opinion. Although I notice it is sometimes recommended for on ine scanning there is little I/ve come up with otherwise.

Thanks
Lulabelle

Its not a bad antivirus. Its not one that I would NOT recommend if that helps. Its really hard to say one is better than the other . I personally use AVG free.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16706/bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.83%

After noting Mucks comment about MSE is getting long in the tooth I uninstalled MSE and installed Bitdefender the free version One question How do you manually perform a scan Other observations a Only scan option I can see is auto and I do not like things going on Bitdefender in the background I have no control over so I turned it off Does this mean my OS install will Bitdefender never be scanned for nasties b Each time I open the BD program I get taken to a site that wants me to activate a whole bunch of other crap c I had to register with BD otherwise it would turn off in days time They now have details of my Facebook account and my email address d How do I know if BD is actually doing anything MSE seemed fine to me but I thought I d try the latest craze Smooth interface gotta say lovely GUI but that means not a thing In short I prefer to control my apps not be taken over and forcibly guided so I don t think I ll be staying with this thing Which are also the reasons I don t like Chrome tried that also recently couldn t figure it out tbh more difficult to navigate than IE imo One final thing to say in this here Mr Grumpy post The latest version of the Opera Browser V or thereabouts won t let you import your old Opera bookmarks - how stoopid is that So I went back to V or so and now all is good in Mr Flops Opera browser for erm well - browsing nbsp

Ok, done a little searching and it seems there is no option to scan manually in the free version but this option is available if you want to spend money.

So, the only way I can scan is turn on auto scan (where I can't see what's happening) or right click a folder or file for an individual scan.

The hell with that, I'm going back to MSE (why do I keep thinking of that Pink Floyd album 'Animals'? Oh, I know, there's a track on it called 'sheep' )

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/bitdefender.4067334/
Relevancy 34.83%

I had a trojan that came and loaded itself in my main system it was stopped from DOING anything but I 8 Bitdefender could not remove it So I Bitdefender 8 did what any half competent geek would do and googled for a solution found a reference to this bug in a forum and a suggestion as to where to go to get the bug killer BitDefender was the solution This was hours ago and I have now got to the point where I can get back online I have lost all my emails in Thunderbird all my documents all my photos in point of fact everything that was on my C drive BitDefender was the culprit It destroyed all the registry settings disabled windows explorer basically killed my computer in such a way that I could not even rescue any files before having to re-install my OS BitDefender was the DISEASE So if you are considering using BitDefender of ANY number DON'T I contacted the company but have had no response Browsing aroud I see that there are more people who have issues withB D I amd sticking with ZA from now on at least I know it stops most incoming and of outgoing nasties so far

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101873/bitdefender-8/
Relevancy 34.83%

I hope this is the right place on the forum for this I have Bitdefender antivirus on my desktop PC Dell inspirion The subscription belongs to a tech who installed it for me when he worked on my machine AVG Bitdefender? or and now he has disappeared on me and I cannot get a hold of him So if AVG or Bitdefender? I uninstall it I won't be able to re install it AVG or Bitdefender? I have recently heard that AVG has a free version that is pretty good and has many tools and functions that are user friendly and effective Is that so I am thinking about uninstalling the Bitdefender It is difficult to figure out and it keeps saying that updates were not installed correctly plus I think it may be slowing my PC down I cannot seem to find a way to schedule the scans and it has many more unfriendly features But before I uninstall it I would like some feedback from those who know better than I Will the AVG free version do the job for me If all else fails I can always use the McAfee that comes free with my Cox Internet service Of course I only have the Bitdefender installed at this time I know that I cannot run more than one antivirus at a time Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance Mod Edit Moved topic from Programming to the AntiVirus Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum bloopie

A:AVG or Bitdefender?

Hi -I am not passing judgement on any brand of Antivirus program (as I use neither brand), just helping with a link - There is a Free Version of BitDefender if you would prefer to use that ..If you click the link to the free version, it will start to download .........Link is to FileHippo download if you want to use it when yours runs out - < I can always use the McAfee that comes free with my Cox Internet service > Not good, ONLY my opinion - Regards -EDITED to update link -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497339/avg-or-bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi everybody, I am a freelance computer consultant and one of the most frustating moments is when i try to remove a virus, and not even the newest antivirus can help. recently I was checking the top 10 antivirus according to PC-World and Bitdefender was #1. So I decided to try this product and try to clean a customer's PC from the KillAV Virus. I performed the deep scan option, and all virus was removed except the Killav, this was not detected even. In the list, AVG was in 9th place, but i tried it anyway and the problem was solved. I make this comment, because the most frustrating moment for me is when I get a Slow PC totally infected with spywares and viruses and most of the antivirus availables in the market, does not solve the problem at all. So please, can anybody suggest me a good product (Antivirus) with an up to date virus list. Thanks

Kaspersky, Avira are two I find quite successful. I run the Avira (free)on my PC for three years now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231463/bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm using BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011. My registration expires in a couple of weeks and I need some advice. I definitely want to stay with BitDefender but am not sure which one. If I renew my Pro 2011 would I have the same protection as the newer versions? Should I go with a newer version?

I can buy Pro 2011 at Amazon but in parenthesis it says Old Version.

I'm just not sure which way to go.

Thanks for your help and advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender.1082650/
Relevancy 34.83%

Would anyone recommend bit defender? How well does it work?

When it comes to cleaning up an infected system, Bit Defender is good. Even tho there is little difference in the abilities of reputable antiviruses, I would still rate it in the top three to five, based on what I've seen the online scanner do (I've never installed it myself).As far as recommending it, that depends on which BitDefender you are thinking of installing. The free version does not include an On Access scanner/Guard mechanism. So it will clean an infected system but not protect it from getting infected in the first place. It makes no sense to me to install an antivirus that doesn't provide protection, so I don't recommend it. If all you want to do is clean, then use its online version. Plus there are other free antivirus programs out there, such as AntiVir, that will protect and cleans as well or better than BitDefender.The commercial version that does offer On Access scanner should be OK. They offer a 30 day trial, so I would suggest you try it out (be sure to uninstall your old antivirus first) to see if you like the set of features and its usability. Also check out what kind of support you will get--free versions don't offer any.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/263371/bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.83%

Still searching for a good AV.

This website rates AVs and other computer goodies:
http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

So....anyone out there suing BitDefender and any comments?

A:BitDefender AV

MarieJoe, I am running BitDefender on my old Compaq with Win 98. Hasn't given me any problems and appears to find/fix things just fine. You can set up to run scans at any time. Updates, both auto and manual, are done quickly. Only thing that I have noticed is that it takes a looong time to complete a scan of the 40gb hard drive.

My Dell XP computer has AVG Free. I am very satisfied with it.

Golferguy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender-av.344449/
Relevancy 34.83%

I am planning to buy either bitdefender or nod32. According to the top ten reviews, bitdefender is the winner ranked at no.1. To those who have used this product, is this better than nod32 in terms of protection? And is it proactive and is it as effective as nod32?

i think bit slow your computer
you exam avira (free version)?
thats realy good

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175737/bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have just wasted 7 hours of my time.  I bought and installed Bitdefender 2016, the top line product (my brain is now so fuzzled I can remember what it was called)  It all installed very nicely but then I couldn't log on to the internet. No matter what I tried, it would not log on.  I had to uninstall it to even contact them for advice.  They were not very helpful AT ALL.  I'm asking for my money back and have re-installed AVG.  Bitdefender looks very attractive in the way they advertise it but I wouldn't recommend it at all.

A:Bitdefender.

i don't know much about BitDefender- even though it is supposedly highly rated- could it be a Firewall issue?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598540/bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.83%

Be aware that Bitdefender free version and possibly the paid version has a known bug when it auto scans the HDD it will find certain exe files that it considers suspect and quarantine them That in and of itself is not bad The bad thing is that there is no way to retrieve them They are disabled and there is no restore button So there is no way of restoring false positives Perusing the web I find lots of people complaining of this but no word from Bitdefender at this time and evidently this has been going on for several months This appears to be a random bug problem from what I can read not everyone is affected bug Bitdefender I was however I attempted to join their forum but oddly Bitdefender bug the security code entry box does not open up so I am prevented from typing in the encrypted security letters Bitdefender bug In addition there is no option to scan newly downloaded files which is a must have feature in my book So I'm moving on

A:Bitdefender bug

A lot of AVs don't have an option to scan newly downloaded files, for varying reasons.Emsisoft Internet Security does not scan downloaded files either - mainly because any attempt to execute suspicious files will be caught by the Behavior Blocker, which makes scanning downloaded files redundant, and ineffective in the case of zero-day or packed malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592006/bitdefender-bug/
Relevancy 34.83%

Quiet man or others in the know ,Bitdefender which I installed month ago says it will end today if I don't register account. What do I need to do ? .I,v logged in to there site but see nothing other then thing that says system ok .Can you tell me what I need to do to register account other then just log in? Message remains as of this morning even thou I logged in to account 2 days ago. Thanks,Paul

A:BITDEFENDER ?

How do I register a trial version of Bitdefender?Register Bitdefender and receive a license via emailI have a Bitdefender 2016 activation code. How do I activate my subscription?What are the Bitdefender 2016 subscriptionsYou can also Open an email ticket for individual support assistance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612779/bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi Im looking for a new antivirus and all the reviews Im findind are saying bitdefender is the best anybody ever use it what are your thoughts also can I configure its firewall to allow an xbox360 media center through via wireless router as I have a bunch of pictures and videos on my desktop I like to route through to my xbox thanks guys

A:Bitdefender?

My favorite three antiviruses are listed below.
Microsoft Security Essentials
Avast! Antivirus
AVG

Some people like Avira and some others, but I run MSE on all my machines and install it on all the machines I work on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender.969408/
Relevancy 34.83%

hey i have heard that bitdefender (the anti-virus paid for software) doesn't work well with gmail or hotmail, is this true? thanks

Relevancy 34.83%

hello guys again:
Right i am not sure if this should be on this site but i am not sure if the programme is apart of VISTA, when i do BETA GAME TESTING for some companys after the game boots up just before you get to play it,a box comes up and say something like,programme stop due to something,when i sent the report to ms answer was BITDEFENDER ANTIVIRUS
i have not put this programme on my PC is it apart of VISTA ???
some people say it is some shake there heads at it,only thing i can find on pc under defender is WINDOWS DEFENDER...has MS changed the name of programme ?? from bitdefender to windows defender....
i have googled it bitdefender YES there is a programme called that,so i did a search on BITDEFENDER on my PC comes back no programme,so again i some help
any ideas would help on this THANKYOU

A:Bitdefender ?

Hi, wraith, and welcoem to the forums.

By default, the only security product that comes with Vista is Windows Defender. Bit Defender is a *completely different* antimalware product. If you didn't install it, someone else did.

However, before we go this far, you need to realize that saying things like

Originally Posted by wraith

a box comes up and say something like,programme stop due to something

does not help us. We need exact details on what is being said. Same for the message you receive afterward when you send the error report. There should be a link you can click to see the report online, if you provide that it would help as well.

However, going back to the problem - as long as it is *BitDefender* and not Windows Defender, you can disable BitDefender by running the program and disabling it.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/178417-bitdefender.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Question is in the title.
I went to add/remove programs and it doesn't show up there. I uninstalled all the things I didn't need and while I was doing that it asked me to undo the changes that the program had made, bitdefender. I hit yes and it undid what bitdefender had done, but I still can't figure out how to get rid of it. It still shows up when I right click an icon/folder and it shows that I can open it from there.

Also, does anyone know of any good anti-virus/security software that is free, or some that you can get quite cheap?

EDIT: the only reason I want to get rid of it is that it won't start anytime I try to start it, it tells me it closed b/c of something....

A:How do you get rid of bitdefender 9 plus?

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB278-en--Additional-BitDefender-9-Professional-uninstall-methods.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-get-rid-of-bitdefender-9-plus.113720/
Relevancy 34.83%

As I was having problems earlier with security threads, so firstly is it fine to have 'Bitdefender 10 free' installed?
Secondly, before installing it asks for blocking/uninstalling the existing competition i.e. MSE in this case, in order to have a decent install. So, how wise is it to even try to install it sans active defence; and, more importantly how to do it?

pls suggest.
ucma

A:MSE and Bitdefender

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
In all honesty I would stay far away from BitDefender and use the tried and true MBAM and SAS
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/347618-mse-bitdefender.html
Relevancy 34.83%

In Windows fast track if Bitdefender is turned off the following work Code C Users jar gt nslookup www yahoo com Server cdns comcast net Address feed Non-authoritative answer Name fd-fp wg b yahoo com Addresses c a a Aliases www yahoo com C Users jar gt ping www yahoo com Pinging fd-fp wg b yahoo com c a with bytes of data Reply from c a time ms Reply from c bug bitdefender a time ms Ping bitdefender bug statistics for c a Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users jar gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms but if BD is turned on Code ping www yahoo com does not work Code ping does work Bitdefender keeps blaming it on my system Can anyone else reproduce this

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/67415-bitdefender-bug.html
Relevancy 34.83%

So, I was on here earlier and was earlier and someone kindly recommended Bitdefender antivirus to remove this annoying PC HealthBoost pop-up.  I downloaded it, it ran it's scan, however the PC HealthBoost conitinues to pop up!!!!!  How can I get it to just GO AWAY??Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

A:Bitdefender.....now what??

http://download.cnet.com/PC-HealthBoost/3000-18512_4-75872610.html  I don't know- but you can read about it here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547700/bitdefendernow-what/
Relevancy 34.4%

Dear Admin. I cannot remove the antivirus(BitDefender) that I downloaded. How can I remove it. I am using windows 8.1. Please help me

A:I cannot remove BitDefender

Hello AduFrancis, and welcome to Eight Forums.

See if you may be able to uninstall it using the directions provided by Bitdefender below.
How to uninstall Bitdefender
If not, then see if the Bitdefender Uninstall Tool below may be able to. You'll need to select the product you have at the link below to get the correct uninstall tool for it.

Uninstall Bitdefender
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/38778-i-cannot-remove-bitdefender.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,
The only indication I have that this program is running is the icon becomes visible when I click on "Show Hidden Icons".
It seems to start when I switch on my PC, judging by the presence of this icon.
But this confuses me:
1) Task manager does not show the Bitdefender as running.
2) I have installed "What's In Startup" & Bitdefender is not in the startup list.
Worse I have no idea how to access Bitdefender options/settings that might allow me to ensure it is set to startup when the PC is switched on.
My system is: Win7(64)
Greatly appreciate any help,
Thanks

A:Bitdefender AV Free Ed

G'day,.....i have no experience with this product, so I am probably groping in the dark as much as you are.....however....click on the Start button...All programs....and locate bit defender there......OR....Start button, and type in the search box...BitDefender......

edit : Spelling

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566230/bitdefender-av-free-ed/
Relevancy 34.4%

Which is better, Kaspersky or Bitdefender AV? Kaspersky is a little bit more expensive but I've heard good things about it too. Currently I have Bitdefender. Should I switch to Kaspersky?

Relevancy 34.4%

I bought BitDefender in after viewing many online reviews and deciding everyone seemed to rave about BitDefender I loved it I didn t hesitate to move on to BitDefender The user interface Dasboard was nowhere near as user friendly as the previous version I want the main panel screen to show me the basics not give me a ridiculously long and confusing series of tabs with separate tabs for every function I want the the BitDefender: negatives main screen to have INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS options to enable disable the functions not have to go into individual tabs to enable disable functions I don t need the Parental Control function and do not want to be regularly reminded to Set parameters this is NOT an issue affecting security it is simply a facility that the administrator can use to control the activities of others Yes I eventually disabled alerts for Parental Control I cannot believe that BitDefender: the negatives in the list of tabs Parental Control is listed BEFORE security functions such as the Firewall and Privacy Control It should be last as an added facility that some administrators may like to use Within about months I noticed there was a large impact on the efficiency of my computer function especially CPU maxing out use and writing to HDD Using Windows Task Manager I determined that BitDefender s vsserv exe was the CPU hog frequently using up to of CPU power efficiency and rendering the computer unusable for - mins while it did its business This would happen every hour or so sometimes more frequently Also there were other times when the HDD light was on with something being written to or read from the HDD Using Computer BitDefender Forums chased down by Google I found out that many BitDefender users had reported these problems and that it was to do with various BitDefender files vsserv exe livesrv exe crrss exe lsass exe manically and regularly reading and writing to the HDD In Task Manager using the View menu Select columns you can add I O Reads Writes Read Bytes and Write Bytes to the viewable columns It is astounding how busy these files are Throughout the time I have had BitDefender I have cursed this software It may well have protected my computer from various attacks and undoubtedly it has done an excellent job of this but at what cost At times the various files of BitDefender appeared to act like viruses themselves rendering my computer unusable I have had to walk away and do something else I have also resorted to turning off the program to stop its insane OCD read write function then turning it back on or rebooting my computer The Reboot of the BitDefender software i e Off then On always after disconnecting from the internet seemed to be the best solution And No I have no other antivirus-antiphishing-malware-firewall programs on my laptop that may result in a software conflict There are so many comments and requests on BitDefender forums regarding these issues and the responses and solutions from the BitDefender people just don t seem adequate If a software company is aware of an issue I expect them to be honest and upfront about it As a paying user I want them to tell me about the problem and keep me up to date about what they re doing to fix it It is not acceptable to provide a round-about fix-it that many users stated did not fix the problem I found similar comments re effects to computer function about some maybe most other well known Internet Security programs so it appears that this is negative cost to current InternetSecurity programs Is this acceptable or reasonable I have just purchased Norton Internet Security NIS to replace BitDefender I realise that some users have experienced system inefficiencies but in my research of internet reviews for Internet Security software it was the winner Users have had system inefficiencies with Kaspersky also AVG and Avast the free versions came out pretty well but NIS was better At A for PCs with a cashback offer NIS-Symantec won my vote I hope they keep it nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

BitDefender users demand refunds after update cripples PCs

BitDefender ProblemsHello all,I wanted to bring this article to everyone's attention. It doesn't look like too big a deal on the surface, but itmay spell problems for most repair techicians.If you've come across any systems that have had this problem, the vendor site has some repair patches available.

A:BitDefender Problems

Hi, thanks for the info . We also have an article on this on the Home page.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/It has some helpful instructions and a post from a BitDefender rep.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304513/bitdefender-problems/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello, everyone, i`m New to here, and my name is Chuah.
Recently i've saw notice of a 6month trial promotion from Bitdefender, so i decided to give it a try. After a few days of usage, i found out something weird from "Process Hacker"
Please see below for a picture reference, i not sure how i can explain about this.
Does anyone with Bitdefender noticed this? is it something that i should worry? Because it seems like trying to connect to 007guard.com

A:Bitdefender Question

127.0.0.1 localhost is the universal IP address of all local computers and is the standard hostname given to the address of the loopback network interface which refers to the local computer only.Are you using Spybot S&D? If so, Spybot's immunization feature, the "Global (Hosts)" profile typical adds about 15493 entries to the HOSTS file starting with 127.0.0.1.Check the first line in your HOSTS file. If there is no 127.0.0.1 localhost line in your HOSTS file at the very beginning, the local name resolution will look to the first immunization entry which probably is 127.0.0.1 007guard.com.If you open the Hosts file, the note at the top and bottom will show the entries were inserted by Spybot:
# Start of entries inserted by Spybot - Search & Destroy
# This list is Copyright 2000-2008 Safer Networking Limited
127.0.0.1 007guard.com
127.0.0.1 www.007guard.com
127.0.0.1 008i.com
127.0.0.1 008k.com
127.0.0.1 www.008k.com
127.0.0.1 00hq.com
127.0.0.1 www.00hq.com
127.0.0.1 legal-at-spybot.info
127.0.0.1 www.legal-at-spybot.info
# This list is Copyright 2000-2007 Safer Networking Limited
# End of entries inserted by Spybot - Search & Destroy
See these discussion topics with an explanation by the Spybot Team in regards to 007guard.com007guard.com showing up in localhost connections007guard.com connection establishedhosts immunisation. 007guard.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584559/bitdefender-question/
Relevancy 34.4%

i need advice which is better emsisoft or bitdefender on win 8.1 64 bit

A:Emsisoft or Bitdefender

I use of Emisisoft.
I like it.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/emsisoft-or-bitdefender.39292/
Relevancy 34.4%

BitDefender Risultati scansione Virus Shield ha rilevato un elemento infetto Risultati scansione Nome file Infezione Azione C ProgramData Microsoft Security Client SecurityHelper dll Trojan Generic Eliminato Salve oggi ho trovato questa notifica sul mio antivirus e volevo sapere se finalmente riuscito a disinfettare il mio portatile o se appena riavvio mi ritrover ancora virus Vi prego aiutatemi Fatemi sapere a says have i Bitdefender Trojan! cosa devo fare o se tutto risolto grazie in anticipo Ho gi fatto la scansione con FRST vi allego i file FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Dario administrator on MAREDENTRO on - - Running from D Download Loaded Profiles Dario Available profiles Dario Platform Windows Home Bitdefender says i have a Trojan! Premium Service Pack X OS Language Italiano Italia Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Bitdefender says i have a Trojan! Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition gzserv exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkAudioService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition gziface exe ArcSoft Inc C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Gate VAIO Gate exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgrSub exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Smart Network VSNService exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira My Avira Avira OE ServiceHost exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Smart Network VSNClient exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe ALPS C Program Files Apoint Apvfb exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files Apoint ApntEx exe Google C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe Google C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform OSPPSVC EXE Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv x exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira My Avira Avira OE Systray exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VUAgent exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA... Read more

A:Bitdefender says i have a Trojan!

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below.

start

CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [0WinSecurityProvider] -> {F76FA5C2-3B6A-451E-8CA5-34C8D0AE0637} => C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Security\Client\SecurityProvider.dll ()
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1839114821-66284644-2445751584-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin: adobe.com/AdobeAAMDetect -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\CCM\Utilities\npAdobeAAMDetect64.dll No File
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Extension: No Name - C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\extensions\{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} [Not Found]
CHR Extension: (Avira Browser Safety) - C:\Users\Dario\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk [2014-06-05]
U3 ae2pzv9s; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ae2pzv9s.sys [0 ] (Microsoft Corporation) <==== ATTENTION (zero size file/folder)
S3 atikmdag; system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys [X]
S3 catchme; \??\C:\ComboFix\catchme.sys [X]
S3 clwvd6; system32\DRIVERS\clwvd6.sys [X]
S3 cpuz134; \??\C:\Users\Dario\AppData\Local\Temp\cpuz134\cpuz134_x64.sys [X]
C:\Users\Dario\AppData\Local\Temp\{0CCEC090-B840-4476-AA5D-5D3D2ACAA60C}.exe

End
Save the files as fixlist.txt into the same folder as FRSTRun FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===How is the computer running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570398/bitdefender-says-i-have-a-trojan/
Relevancy 34.4%

Bitdefender consistently performs very well across a variety of independent antivirus tests. However, is Bitdefender really that good? I always thought Bitdefender was just overrated.

Frankly, I am interested in using Bitdefender: They frequently share giveaways; their products are always on sale; their digital dragon background behind their ALL CAPS sans serif font is one of the best marketing strategies I've ever seen, and is really the only reason I want to use their software.

Everyone knows that when it comes to the "best" antivirus, it always depends on personal preference. I'm just asking whether Bitdefender bribes antivirus testers to give them high ratings (basically, are their products as good as the test results?).

Or should I just fork over my cash to Eugene Kaspersky and buy Total Security, and use the 1 out of 55 features that I paid for?

A:Is Bitdefender really that good

To my opinion Bitdefender is really that good. As for what is better Kaspersky or Bitdefender it's more subtle question.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/is-bitdefender-really-that-good.61091/
Relevancy 34.4%

Help...I think I Just installed Bitdefender but I do not know if I installed it right.I did not want to spend the extra money for them to install it for me but I really do not know what I am doing.I do not know if it is activated.Edit: Topic moved from Windows Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:I think I just installed Bitdefender

Hi cookies67 Bitdefender is pretty straight-forward to install, so unless you modified some of the settings during the installation, you should be fine May I ask you what edition of Bitdefender you installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578133/i-think-i-just-installed-bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everyone I want to know which rescue CD has the best balance between scanning speed and detection rate Most of the PCs I fixed Bitdefender Has tried CD? anyone Rescue have low specs - gb of ram pentium or Has anyone tried Bitdefender Rescue CD? core duo cpus that s why fast scanning speed is an important factor I m using avira rescue cd in my usb but in Has anyone tried Bitdefender Rescue CD? the new version they removed all the options so everything is automatic The last time I used it took almost hours to finish in a low specs laptop Then I installed avira free and did a full scan it found - threats more Is Has anyone tried Bitdefender Rescue CD? bitdefender rescue cd good I saw Britec s video about rescue cds and I saw BD took minutes to finish its scan and the dectection rate was quite acceptable Of course lower dectection rate is expected but at least the pc should be usable to be able to install a primary AV right after the scan Kaspersky and Dr Web took forever to finish - hours -- gt which is unacceptable at least for me ESET also tool - minutes to finish so which was good Thank you nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/has-anyone-tried-bitdefender-rescue-cd.61113/
Relevancy 34.4%

hello guys,yesterday i install bitdefender total security 2016 for tested it and i have a problem...all the security product have their right click for scan virus..but my bitdefender does't have this function (see picture) how to fix it??

it just have file shredder and bitdefender file vault but doesn't have virus scan..

A:have problem with bitdefender??

Try to fix BD reinstalling it.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/have-problem-with-bitdefender.54594/
Relevancy 34.4%

What steps should bitdefender users take, in light of Redditor's controversial critique of standard AV suites, as discussed in Top Anti-virus Avast, McAfee, Norton, Avira, Kaspersky Bitdefender fail miserably in basic test

A:how to tweak bitdefender?

I think You should enable BD anti-ransomware module and that's it
Bitdefender is ok

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-tweak-bitdefender.57082/
Relevancy 34.4%

i m little bit confuse with Norton is Better of Bit defender help me please which is best in these two

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nortan-vs-bitdefender.1165513/
Relevancy 34.4%

For some reason it still shows up under add/remove programs but when I click remove there is a pause and then I get an error stating that the Windows installer service cannot be accessed.

A:Can't Uninstall Bitdefender

Hi +duracell-,I see you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125766/cant-uninstall-bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.4%

Help me to choose between those 2 AV. Thanks

A:ESS 9 or Bitdefender IS 2016

I choose Bitdefender because it has strong signatures and zero day protections. Unlike ESET, its signature is really good and it between Avira and Bitdefender level, but its zero day protections is somewhere not really strong like Kaspersky or Bitdefender.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/ess-9-or-bitdefender-is-2016.54074/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have looked at AV softwares very thoroughly and boiled the choice down to these two. (I have AVG Cloud Care, free for a year with computer, and will uninstall it.) These two have good reviews following testing. No doubt personal preferences affect choice, but what do folks think about these?

I have Malwarebytes (paid) installed. I'm not on a network, just a lone wolf with a desktop, no WiFi or Cloud, no gaming, no naughty pics.

Thanks.

A:Kaspersky or Bitdefender?

Stev I have used Kaspersky for nearly six years on all my six machines and the only thing with it is I do use MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware to pick up the small fry - it is also cheap too mate.

The one thing it dos baulk at is using ADW Cleaner when one has to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/389938-kaspersky-bitdefender.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello all I am new to the site but not new to the fruitful world of viruses VPN Anchorfree bitdefender or male-ware spyware you name it Anyway in an effort to keep my pc clean at least for now as I have just gone through the worst infection I could have imagined but I have decided to use a VPN connection to try to keep from being hacked after using drive scrubber and re installing windows for the th or so time in the bitdefender or Anchorfree VPN past few months It appeared as if I was definitely being hacked by someone or maybe even several people however I doubt it was from the connection I originally had I am pretty sure that it was due to recklessness on my part downloading torrent files and just being bitdefender or Anchorfree VPN unhealthy overall which led to my getting infected Okay now to my question and I do understand that the two are completely different types of security just I am stuck as to which on will provide me with more security overall I have a VPN connection now which has male-ware protection built in and I had bought Bitdefender Total security and wanted to use this instead of Windows Defender on my Win pc The problem is that when I go to install Bitdefender to my machine it automatically tries to uninstall my VPN which is something I am not sure that I am comfortable with doing I contacted support and they told me to try to uninstall the VPN and re install after Bitdefender is already installed on my computer but the question would be if you had to pick between one or the other which would you choose I am trying to get pro's and con's here as they both have them but I wonder if I am protected enough by having the VPN connection already Any input is good input Thanks Edit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum at the suggestion of staff Animal

A:bitdefender or Anchorfree VPN

downloading torrent files

There is NO safe way to download torrents. You will be infected or hacked easy as that. Also using torrents to download ANY non opensource software is Piracy. ( paid for software eg Windows os,Nero, etc,  Music, Movies TV shows.) ANY file you get from a torrent is also suspect.

Can you say botnet? Or child porn hosting without the PC owner knowing

I doubt it was from the connection I originally had

Wanna Bet on that? 100 to 1 says you are wrong. Easy money for me here.

If you have a static ip address ( it never changes) the hackers will have it and no matter what you do( other than change the IP), they will know you are there and try breaking into your machine. This includes Linux and MAC.

Most Malware removal sites will demand you remove any torrent clients before they help you clean up.

Let this be a lesson to anybody thinking Torrents are safe.

My 2 cents worth.

Change IP address.
Re set your router to factory settings update router software(using clean pc) re set admin login to router.
Format Pc yet again. Install windows OS and BitDefender. And Update.
Do not use Infact delete any torrent files.
Never again do Torrents. Even browsing some torrent sites may be risky.( Malware Click Jacking Etc)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526940/bitdefender-or-anchorfree-vpn/
Relevancy 34.4%

How do I get rid of the Bitfender screen, see attachment,

This screen comes up when I boot and it does not go away. I can't do anything to this screen:

I can not move it

I can not shrink it

I can not remove it

This screen block a large portion of my screen.

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,

I'm running a trial version of the antivirus Bitdefender, which I particularly like, and itincludes also a firewall (I've tried all the most famous antivirus so far).

I have a question though: I had a previous installed firewall: now, is
it enough just to disable it and let the bitdefender firewall take its
place or shall I uninstall the previous firewall?

thanks!

A:bitdefender antivirus

It's never a good idea to have 2 firewalls on the computer

It can be extremely difficult to disable a firewall completely so I would suggest unoinstalling the one that you don't want

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender-antivirus.394243/
Relevancy 34.4%

A compilation of reviews can be found here:

http://malwaretips.com/threads/compilation-of-recent-security-software-reviews.13350/

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-reviews.13354/
Relevancy 34.4%

Bitdefender v.18.19.0.1369

1.Bitdefender Total Security 2015

x32 bit: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/t_security/2015/en-us/bitdefender_ts_18_32b.exe
x64 bit:http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/t_security/2015/en-us/bitdefender_ts_18_64b.exe

2.Bitdefender Internet Security 2015

x32 bit:http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/i_security/2015/en-us/bitdefender_is_18_32b.exe
x64 bit:http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/i_security/2015/en-us/bitdefender_is_18_64b.exe

3.Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015

x32 bit:http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/av_plus/2015/en-us/bitdefender_av_18_32b.exe
x64 bit:http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/av_plus/2015/en-us/bitdefender_av_18_64b.exe

Source:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=55652

A:Bitdefender v18.22.0.1521

All the above links are broken and give a 404.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-v18-22-0-1521.38347/
Relevancy 34.4%

1) My computer has all four of these antivirus programs. Which one should
have its scanner set as the primary scanner (active scan all the time) ?

2) Also, WindowsXP does not detect any antivirus programs on my machine
and always displays a bubble on the lower right to remind me of this every
time I turn on or reboot. This is loyal, but also tiresome.

3) And finally, what other antivirus programs would be good to have to be
sure to repel these horrid, frightful little rebels?

Relevancy 34.4%

What do you think about the BitDefender engine? Companies that make use of that engine, receive 100% of the content, or only a portion of the signatures. Is it in real time. For the 360 use internet security and realize that there is only one, very different from when I made use of BitDefender Is he received an update every 30 minutes daily update.
What do you think about this topic?

A:BitDefender engine

Definitely Qihu 360 internet security is not getting realtime bitdefender antivirus signature. There is 12 hrs or more delay in getting latest signature from bitdefender.

Hitman pro gets the latest bitdefender antivirus signature before Qihu 360.

The best way to know is to test all the antivirus product which uses bitdefender engine against same malware pack. Then check how much time it takes for products other than bitdefender takes to detect malwares that bitdefender antivirus has already detected.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-engine.22570/
Relevancy 34.4%

My cousin used bitdefender back in 2009 i was a newbie that time
i scanned his laptop found many viruses but to my surprise bitdefender was unable to remove it !!
that was the first removal case i had seen.

anyways after that i did not use it for long time

But after the total renewal of bitdefender in 2012 edition i used it and i was a bit satisfied
from that time onwards it just kept on improving and now so many vendors use Bitdefender engine

Now my question is i can understand that detection ratio can be improved with a active team and time but i cant understand what technology did bitdefender introduced that it is now so good not only in removal but allover and why so many vendors use bitdefender engine ? is it because of the detecion rate or there are other reasons to behind it ?

A:How did Bitdefender improve so much !?

Detection rate is high and good. And they are one of the very few vendors that allow its engine to be used by others. If for example ESET would allow its engine and signatures to be used by others, many will use it. ESET's engine is better and lighter than BitDefender's.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-did-bitdefender-improve-so-much.45224/
Relevancy 34.4%

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/60-second-virus-scanner.html

Has any one tried Bitdefender 60 Second Virus Scanner? Is it good or not?

A:Bitdefender 60-seconds - What do you think ?

Only scans modules loaded into active memory... I think... it's been a long time since I messed with it.
Have to be signed-in to BD account for signatures.

For comparison, new Emsisoft scan engine does remnants, active memory and specific file system (C:\) directories for active malware in about the same time.

EEK will do much better job using identical BD signatures...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-60-seconds-what-do-you-think.45321/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi Everyone:

My mate has started to use Bitdefender Endpoint Protection for his business, does anyone know if their B-HAVE technology is any good, plus, I read it runs unknown software in a virtual environment, would that stop Rombertik???

Tony.

A:Is Bitdefender's B-HAVE Any Good?

b-have is realy nice,yes. would it stop rombertik? I dont know but its excellent.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/is-bitdefenders-b-have-any-good.45694/
Relevancy 34.4%

"Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8" shows up in my IE Tools drop down. I noticed it today for the first time but a search for it on my lappy turns up nothing.

I did NOT ask for it nor did I knowingly download it, so how did I get it? Is it possibly part of something else like Ms Antispyware?

Have Googled their ws http://www.bitdefender.com/PRODUCT-52-en--BitDefender-Client-Standard-v8.html but it doesn't tell me how I got it ... am I making too much fuss about this?

Please help!

TIA

A:Solved: Help!! I did Not ask for BitDefender !!

Hi
Someone may have done an online virus scan on your computer. Bitdefender is one of the available online virus scanners. It shouldnt hurt anything to uninstall it. If you have any problems, a simple hijack this scan will get you help here at TSG...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-i-did-not-ask-for-bitdefender.426308/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi this may be a stupid question but I have a k dialup connection Wasn t going to connect this machine but succumbed to the temptation on Wednesday and am now rather wishing I hadn t bothered Symptoms of quot problem quot are incredibly slow connection connected at k at one point sometimes connecting at something more sensible like k but then receiving around errors per minute and disconnecting itself every now and then perhaps thus far could be BitDefender errors log in I/O blamed on ISP Yesterday it was minimising full screen games every now and again Said game is installed on another machine and the directory mapped as a network drive - that machine wasn t logged on and had gone to power saving but brought itself back unexpectedly a couple of times Ok not the most terrible of things to happen but unexpected behaviour nevertheless Updated BitDefender again disconnected and left it to scan over night When I got up this morning the I/O errors in BitDefender log pc had rebooted wasn t expecting that Looked at the log file from the scan ----------------------------------------------------------------- Product BitDefender Free Edition Version Created on ----------------------------------------------------------------- Statistics Scan path C D Folders Files Archives Packed files Identified viruses Infected files Warnings Suspect files Disinfected files Deleted files Copied files Moved files Renamed files I O errors Scan time Scan speed files sec Virus definitions Scan plugins Archive plugins Unpack plugins Mail plugins System plugins Scan options Detection X Scan boot sectors X Scan archives X Scan packed files X Scan email File mask Programs X All files User defined extensions Exclude extensions Action Infected objects Ignore X Disinfect Delete Copy to quarantine Move to quarantine Rename Prompt user Second action Ignore Delete Copy to quarantine X Move to quarantine Rename Prompt user Scan options X Enable warnings X Enable heuristics Show all files in log X Report file vscan log Append to existing report Am updating windows at the moment as it s playing nicely but not sure where to go next really - any advice would be greatly appreciated as I m really not sure what s going on Anna nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-o-errors-in-bitdefender-log.463376/
Relevancy 34.4%

I've been recently trying to find a new antivirus, and Ive settled upon BitDefender, but while I have it running it seems to slow my computer down. Has anyone else experienced this or am I just crazy. Does anyone have any factual evidence on how resource hungry BitDefender is? Thanks.

A:BitDefender Slowdown?

Hi,...most Internet security anti-virus or any bundled packs of anti-virus are very large in size.Are you running the internet security version?I have the 2006 version of the internet security from Bit defender and it seems to not slow mine down as much as others have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender-slowdown.455264/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys. I was with NOD32 for 4 years now and I want to tryout BitDefender. I've read multiple tests and a lot of them shows BitDefender in the top 3. Anybody has any experience with BitDefender? Any tips or tricks with it?

Thanks!

A:Anybody uses BitDefender Antivirus?

I think NOD32 is better than Bit Defender in terms of pro-active protection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/288861-anybody-uses-bitdefender-antivirus.html
Relevancy 34.4%

As some of you may know, I've been away for a couple of weeks due to what I've found to be a problem with BitDefender. I bought BitDefender Total Security 2011 from a shop having a clearance sale.

Anyway, great features and all but it seriously slowed my internet. It slowed down a lot and it was barely usable. On top of this, it blocked my home network. After uninstalling, everything went back to normal. I've since switched back to Trend Micro so my computer is safe for the moment.

So has any other BD users had similar problems? I'm just curious as it's advertised as a great AV but it didn't work very well for me and the online support and service wasn't great either.

A:Anyone else having problems with BitDefender?

I only experienced a slowdown when I got the 2012 version (the new one). (but it was just a bug which, hopefully, they fixed)
Didn't have problems with the 2011 version. Perhaps you misconfigured the firewall? That can really slow your browsing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/179542-anyone-else-having-problems-bitdefender.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I get told this by my windows security centre when I turn the machine on and it tells me the virus protection thingy is not enabled but when I open up bitdefender it seems fine

Is it fine? Should I ignore my windows security centre?

(make the answers easy please! Otherwise you could be here for days.............. hahahaha)

Relevancy 34.4%

I have just installed Bitdefender Total Protection 2011 today. Bitdefender, however, will not allow me to use Hamachi. My connection to all of the other users in my server is being blocked by Bitdefender. I configured the firewall settings myself, and set Hamachi's network settings to allow everything. I allowed VPN, set it as a home network, allowed all IP's both ways, and allowed both UDP/TCP. I even tried disabling the firewall, but my problem remains. I do not want to disable Bitdefender, and am trying to find a way around this problem. If anyone else could help me elaborate on this situation, please provide some insight.

A:Bitdefender Will Not Allow Hamachi

Hello, i found some info on the Hamachi programs and it may help you to check your connections further..Quoted from a site : " This process does not work on certain combinations of NAT devices, requiring the user to explicitly set up a port forward. Additionally 1.0 series of client software are capable of relaying traffic through vendor-maintained 'relay servers'. "
I read that here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi_%28software%29
I am new here and just trying to help.. hope you get this working.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/292970-bitdefender-will-not-allow-hamachi.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Evening

So i'm thinking of installing Bitdefender's AV. I heard even though it's the top notch antivirus, the firewall isn't exactly the strongest on this Earth. So do you think i could simply use Comodo's free firewall next to BD's antivirus ? It may have good reputation but since it's free i'd like to hear it myself.
Or should I go for another package with both decent AV and FW ?

A:Bitdefender's firewall

Welcome to the forum. Anti virus is moving into a new realm of using cloud based scanning instead of just scanning with a local av database it uses lots of databases from all well known companies to ensure nothing get through. A good free product that does all that is 360 Total Security | Download Free Antivirus for PC

In most cases the windows firewall is sufficient in most cases people dont set up firewalls correctly as they give problems and it makes them useless

http://www.pchelpforum.com/antivirus-firewalls-and-system-security/123064-bitdefenders-firewall.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, Has anyone tested or used Bitdefender free AV. Isit as good as the paid version of the software of not? Its actually very light and fast but not sure about its effectiveness!!!!

A:Bitdefender Free AV

I was using this.

Pros:
-It is very light and minimalist.
-Tiny interface,
-It has the lastest BD signatures.
-Behavioral detections
-MAlicious webpage blocking

Cons:
-Viewing the interface takes sometime.
-Scanning speed too slow
-No additional settings to configure it for yourself.
and I think it looks like an abondoned software..

IMO It is a good choice but there are lots of better and free antivruses out there.
Avira,Avast,Qihoo etc.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-free-av.26164/
Relevancy 34.4%

If Bitdefender is so light, why is one of my customers getting , gzserv.exe - 175,386 K, and 475 M/ 5596 M commit charge ? I use BD Free but my usage seems to spike but it never slows me down or interferes. Panda was 17,000 K and 215 M/5596 M commit charge. Just looking for a reasonable answer since the BD forums never help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bitdefender-free.218962/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello Sorry about grammar and spelling i have spell checked it all but so why Bitdefender? not popular is it not to sure if its all good I have tried Bitdefender total security and kaspersky total security and Avira pro all of them are on the top in AV tests this year With Avira pro i found it so hard to manage and it damages my pc when trying remove something or replacing something the UI is really old looking and clunky so i thought i would leave it as it was not nice to use i went to Kaspersky total security because of how popular it is but it non stop was bleeping at me telling me there was viruses malware and everything on my pc when i have scanned my pc before with MWB and avira they said it was all OK all clean it was all so removing software that i bought that was legit and safe saying it was malicious so i straight away uninsulated it then i when to the rd top AV Bitdefender? why is it not so popular on AV tests Bitdefender total security i found it very simple made me worry a bit but playing around it with the settings it seemed to be fine to i tried going on a virus website to test it out and it worked stopped it the page and the virus but its so silent about it it all so was not pulling my pc down all of these had a score of about detection rate on AV test but Kaspersky had a lot of false detections witch i experienced what do you guys think why is Kaspersky so popular I all so looked at ESET because of popularity but it was very low on the test results this year even this month i did Bitdefender? why is it not so popular CCleaner in between each uninstall to make sure nothing was left behind to mess with the next AV i was trying and testing out i found Bitdefender one of the better ones out of them all even thought they all have pretty much the same results Is Bitdefender NEW is that why not much people talking about it Thank you if i am getting this all wrong which i think i am please correct me its why im asking about it because it puzzles me need your help and support and advise and opinions Bitdefender? why is it not so popular because it would be so much help I use Windows and i make sure all the AVs are up to date and are the right ones With all Love from smurf

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589628/bitdefender-why-is-it-not-so-popular/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello

One of my friends called me and said "my PC is really slow and I can't do much" and he had this issue for almost 2 weeks.

After talking ... and trying to help with Team Viewer, didn't had luck he sent me some screenshots. BitDefender Free was killing the PC and I asked to reboot and let the system idle and make a screen after 10 minutes check the photos.

He used ESET before and now I told him to install Panda Cloud, Panda is using ~ 7-8 Mb. I asked if he wanted 360 IS like I am, he said no

I don't know if BitDefender is that bad or what ...

A:BitDefender fail

he's better of with 360 ts than panda cloud! I am no a fan of cloud based av's when your interconnection is gone....bam!!!! your f***ed

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-fail.29149/
Relevancy 34.4%

I realize everyone's opinions vary....

Just read a ratings type review on Anti-Virus progs and came across BitDefender. It was rated higher than Pc Cillin.

Anyone ever try it? Is it this good?

A:BitDefender any good??

Rollin' Rog has it listed here so I would say it must be good. I have not used it yet though.

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender-any-good.284728/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have BitDefender in one of my computers and wanted to uninstall it but when I go "Start, All Programs, BitDefender" there's no "Uninstall" option. So I went into control panel &add/remove and BitDefender doesn't even show on the list but it's still in the computer and causes the 'puter to freezes and BitDefebder warning etc.. pops up. The only way I can restart the 'puter is to unplug it.

How can I fix this?

A:Can't Uninstall Bitdefender

I noted in one of your previous posts it is mentioned you are using BitDefender 9 Pro.If this is correct, try the following instructions outlined Here for Additional BitDefender 9 Pro Uninstall Methods.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80730/cant-uninstall-bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi Everyone

Does Bitdefender 2015 have a good firewall?

Tony

A:Bitdefender's Firewall

Maybe it will help you

http://malwaretips.com/threads/batt...security-2015-vs-eset-smart-security-7.29957/

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefenders-firewall.30074/
Relevancy 34.4%

My BitDefender has decided to come up with virus alert even when there is no programs running. The virus name is " Trojan.Generic.KDV.217436" Location 86.55.210.72/X
File access blocked.
It says it blocked multiple viruses but it's always the same one. How do I find where this virus is and remove it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender-alert.997754/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have an overclocked 3.6Ghz Core Duo with 4gigs of Ram running windows 7 64bit. I use a paid subscription of bit defender. Every few hours bit defender is turned off. I've done a system scan in safe mode to no avail. this started happening a few weeks ago ..

A:Something keeps turning my BitDefender Off

bump as it's been a few days..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-keeps-turning-my-bitdefender-off.938209/
Relevancy 34.4%

My computer recently crashed and I had to re-install everything. I have used Bitdefender for a year or so and liked it. When I went online to get the new version, I couldn't get to the official website. I went to another one and downloaded. I installed and then tried to update the files. I got error messages saying the program couldn't access the website. I thought it was a problem with the new version, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the previous one. Same problem.
Is Bitdefender out of service now? Any suggestions for another virus protection software that is free? I don't like AVG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender-problems.733635/
Relevancy 34.4%

My BitDefender Internet Security 2009 seems too be working fine on W7 x64 7100 except that Action Centre wont let me update it. AC shows me a notice that BD is not updated but when I click on the "update now" button, I get a popup saying "This program will not run. Windows does not trust this program because its identity can't be verified"
Is there some way I can get round this?

A:Bitdefender can't update

I don't think it's ready for Build 7100
Scroll down on this page, and see if Avira (free) antivirus will work with your build. I know for a fact that it works with build 7000
List of antivirus suites that presently work with Windows 7 Beta - TechSpot Blog

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/8008-bitdefender-cant-update.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I've been trying out the new Bitdefender Multi-Device 2015 as I wanted to check out the new BRAIN, but there is no mention of it in the program, it's just Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - how do I know it's there/working??

Tony

A:Bitdefender BRAIN, No Where to be Seen???

It's AI**, and works with TS Multi-device meaning you need to have multiple devices using this* Bitdefender package.

"Bitdefender Reflective Artificial Intelligence Networks - that has been five years in the making in the company?s award-winning labs. BRAIN processes almost 200,000 queries per second from users at all points of the globe. Using advanced algorithms modeled after the human brain, it extracts patterns from malware and stops threats from the moment they are created.

Everyone connected to the BRAIN will benefit from this self-learning technology and enjoy instant protection from any online hazards. Whenever a new online threat is detected, it takes BRAIN less than 3 seconds to protect its users from it, even if they?re half way around the world."

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/news/b...ed-total-security-multi-device-2015-2993.html

* Scroll down: http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/total-security-multi-device.html

** Computer system with self-learning capabilities - or so they say.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-brain-no-where-to-be-seen.38443/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,

I have 15 days left on my current version of Bitdefender. I have the new version but I don't want to use it until my current subscription runs out. However in the meantime I am being cursed by the Bitdefender nag screen. A picture is below.

How do i get rid of it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-rid-of-bitdefender-nag-screen.861270/
Relevancy 34.4%

I've installed Win 7 32 bit on my pc and till now i dont have any problems of hanging like ones which I had in my 64 bit version.
I'm afraid of installing Avast antivirus cuz on my 64 bit version just after installing it my com hanged many times
plz help me find a good antivirus !

A:Which one? Avast or bitdefender?

I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. It is very efficient, so it does not slow down your system very much. I have tried Avast!, and while it is good, it is not as fast as MSE. Unfortunately, there is not a right answer. Different users have different opinions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/44898-one-avast-bitdefender.html
Relevancy 34.4%

PC Security is showing Critical Warning.

"Real time protection (P2P and file access)" is showing disabled even though the monitor box is checked.

When clickin "Fix" nothing happens

any ideas?

A:BitDefender 2008

One way to fix these problems is to reinstall the program. Assuming there is nothing malicious running that is turning off that protection feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bitdefender-2008.839753/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am using BetDefender 10, the free version. When I check its settings, it says "Real-time protection is not available". To me, this means BitDefender does nothing unless I tell it to scan my system.

Is this what it actually means?

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi My notebook spec WindowVista Home Basic Service Pack Dell Vostro Intel Core Duo CPU GHz Gig RAM BitDefender Standard BitDefender Antivirus I am curious about the quot No action was possible quot for my infected result after my DeepScan with my BitDefender Antivirus So how can it be remove or deleted Here I paste the history result of my last scan BitDefender Possible) Action (No Was for your understanding to help me to remove it I am lost where to go in order to BitDefender (No Action Was Possible) delete it mannually I already uninstall Limewire from my notebook Thank You in advance BitDefender Log File Product BitDefender Antivirus Version BitDefender UIScanner v Log date Log path C ProgramData Bitdefender Desktop Profiles Logs deep scan xml Scan Paths Path C Path D Scan Options Scan for viruses Yes Scan for adware Yes Scan for spyware Yes Scan for applications Yes Scan for dialers Yes Scan for rootkits Yes Target selection options Scan registry keys Yes Scan cookies Yes Scan boot sectors Yes Scan memory processes Yes Scan archives Yes Scan runtime packers Yes Scan emails Yes Scan all files Yes Heuristic Scan Yes Scanned extensions Excluded extensions Target ProcessingDefault action for infected objects Disinfect Default action for suspicious objects None Default action for hidden objects None Scan engines summaryNumber of virus signatures Archive plugins Email plugins Scan plugins Archive plugins System plugins Unpack plugins Overall scan summaryScanned items Infected items Suspicious items Resolved items Individual viruses found Scanned directories Scanned boot sectors Scanned archives Input-output errors Scan time Files per second Scanned processes summaryScanned Infected Scanned registry keys summaryScanned Infected Scanned cookies summaryScanned Infected Remaining issues Object Name Threat Name Final Status System HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER TYPEDURLS url C PROGRAM FILES STARWARE SETUP EXE NSIS o lzma solid nsis Adware Starware AE Infected no action was possible file was in an archive C Program Files Starware Setup exe NSIS o lzma solid nsis Adware Starware AE Infected no action was possible file was in an archive System HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER TYPEDURLS url C PROGRAM FILES STARWARE SETUP EXE NSIS o lzma solid nsis Adware Starware AF Infected no action was possible file was in an archive C Program Files Starware Setup exe NSIS o lzma solid nsis Adware Starware AF Infected no action was possible file was in an archive Resolved issues Object Name Threat Name Final Status Objects that were not scanned Object Name Reason Final Status

A:BitDefender (No Action Was Possible)

BitDefender has detected issues with files contained in a file archive. It can't delete the file without deleting the archive - so it tells you what it is and lets you decide.

FYI - this file is located at C:\Program Files\Starware406\Setup.exe
After deleting the file, I'd suggest another scan to see if the registry entry is taken care of for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176451/bitdefender-no-action-was-possible/
Relevancy 34.4%

This antivirus program is very effective in my opinion.
I decided to switch to Bitdefender after a major problem with a trojan on my PC and I want to know what you think of it. I mean those who really had/have it..not those who come and say: oh no, x program is the best.

A:What does anyone think of Bitdefender 2010?

I would say it is a good program at my company we are currently using both Bit defender and Norton in my informal testing( we have a mail server with a catch all account and I just pull the e-mails to machines with different virus software to see which one catches the most junk) Norton caught the most junk. But that isn't the whole story Nortons firewall gives me lots of problems on machines running SQL databases that have to be accessed as well as a few other firewall issues. Bit defender came in second in my informal testing on the mail server and has a very friendly firewall that doesn't give me any problems so I use it on 10 or 12 machines and have norton on the other 150 or so.

I would say Bit defender is a good product as well as many others I can't remember what all products I tried when testing but those two did the best. Also neither of those products seemed to noticeably slow the system or cause other problems. Bit defender does have a much more user friendly firewall and I like the interface better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-does-anyone-think-of-bitdefender-2010.861298/
Relevancy 34.4%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logishrd lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative Can't Help Virus BitDefender - SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Virus - BitDefender Can't Help Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperWorkstation DKService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe Virus - BitDefender Can't Help C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wwSecure exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Tracy Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www velocitymicro com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO IEHlprObj Class - CA ED -F FB- -A - E - C PROGRA IWINGA IWINGA DLL O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run CTRegRun C WINDOWS CTRegRun EXE O - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler quot C Program Files WordPerfect Office Programs QFSCHD EXE quot O - HKLM Run WordPerfect Office C Program Files Common Files Corel Registration EN Registration exe title quot WordPerfect Office quot date serial ws wbd- -plx O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run BDMCon quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe quot reg O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe quot hide O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra butto... Read more

A:Virus - BitDefender Can't Help

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately, and, of course, all our helpers are volunteers.

Since it has been a few days since you first posted, please follow these instructions if you still need assistance.

Download ComboScan to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on comboscan.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - minimised > ComboScan.txt and maximised > Supplementary.txt.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of ComboScan.txt back in this thread (do not attach it).
Please attach Supplementary.txt to your post.

To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box: C:\ComboScan\Supplementary.txt

Click Upload.

Thank you for your patience.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-bitdefender-cant-help-144832.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello Forum,

This is my first post here, I have used the site countless times to figure out hot to remove various viruses and malicious software my family and friends seem to get their computers infected with. I want to suggest to them a good overall protection package since AVG and Malwarbytes does not seem to be enough to keep my friends and family safe enough. I tried the free trail of BitDefender once and didn't have any complaints but want to get others opinions. I want to feel comfortable suggesting a protection package if they are going to drop money on it. So tell me forum what are your feelings on BitDefender?

Thanks

A:Your Views on BitDefender

In my opinion, free software is almost as good as the ones you have to pay for.

Keep in mind that no one program will be able to block 100% of viruses and malware. But even then, if malware gets in consistently even with AVG and Malwarebytes running real-time (I hope you haven't turned the real-time protection off), then perhaps they should change some of their browsing habits to reduce the risk.

Sorry if this post is not related to BitDefender.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368414/your-views-on-bitdefender/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, are they enough or should I get more software to make my computer more secure so that I don't get a virus. I have an i7 4790k, 950 Pro 512GB Nvme, 32GB ram so I can spare system resources for this. Also would Bitdefender and emsisoft play nicely together or is that a bad idea? Thanks!

A:Is Bitdefender + MalwareBytes Enough?

BitDefender is compatible with Malwarebytes, although I've heard of cases involving BD not playing nice with Malwarebytes. Those are usually resolved quickly with a reinstall.Emsisoft uses the BitDefender engine together with the inhouse engine, so using both together is a bit redundant IMO.Emsisoft can replace Malwarebytes in terms of antimalware as well, so you do not need to have Malwarebytes if you use Emsisoft (although having a backup is nice though).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625979/is-bitdefender-malwarebytes-enough/
Relevancy 34.4%

I previously had been running Norton 360 (Nightmare) and also Webroot Spy and antivirus. My computer was running ok but I thought it was kind of slow. I was told that the two software packages could run together and be ok.

I recently removed Norton 360 and added Bitdefender (Which I hear is very good - please comment) . The problem is my computer is running extreemly slow and internet explorer is constantly freezing up. Webroot is past the subscription date, but continues to give me allerts. Should I remove the Webroot, and what should I do the get the computer running correctly and remain fairly safe. Thanks

Relevancy 34.4%

Hey everyone,I had just recently bought Bitdefender Total Security 2010 for my Dell XPS laptop. I figured it's a good antivirus for gaming. I had Bitdefender awhile back, but because of a hardware malfunction, I had to uninstall it. I am now trying to install the new version i just purchased. Yet when I try to install Bitdefender, it usually goes to almost 100% completion, but I always get an error, as depicted in the picture below:What can I do to prevent this error from happening again?This is Bitdefender Total Security 2010 for Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

A:BitDefender 2010

I have seen a similar error reported when attempting to install BitDefender over a previous version which had not been completely removed. Try running the Uninstall tool first.Article 333: How to uninstall BitDefender <- includes alternative uninstall method using the BitDefender uninstall tool

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362194/bitdefender-2010/
Relevancy 34.4%

here's a hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on won't remove Bitdefender Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin Bitdefender won't remove AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSSvc exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Bitdefender won't remove C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSTray exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exe C Program Files UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C Program Files Verizon Wireless VZAccess Manager VZAccess Manager exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SBCSTray C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSTray exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe O - HKLM Run BitDefender Antiphishing Helper quot C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEShow exe quot O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run TuneUp MemOptimizer quot C Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exe quot autostart O - HKCU Run UberIcon quot C Program Files UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe quot O - Startup TransBar lnk C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat TransBar TransBar exe O - Startup UberIcon lnk C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip E EE - - B - - F F NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip E EE - - B - - F F NameServer O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bitdefender-wont-remove-215999.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,
I want to know what other users out there think of bitdefender. I used to have it through my employer's liscense, but it ran out a year ago so I started using AVG free. I thought it worked pretty good when I had it. So far, I think AVG free is lacking. I got a special offer for bitdefender professional edition on 3 computers for 29.99. does anybody have any thoughts on bitdefender? should I buy AVG pro instead and will that work just as well or is there a better product alternative under $50?. any help would be appreciated. thanks

A:bitdefender questions

AVG Free isn't as good as it was but that could probably be levelled at BitDefender as well.This might help you with your choice: http://www.av-comparatives.org/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354294/bitdefender-questions/