Windows Support Forum

Avira Ice Bucket Challenge

Q: Avira Ice Bucket Challenge

AVIRA team accepted the ice bucket challenge from G Data, and they challenged AVG, Kaspersky, and Avast to do the same.....enjoy!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Avira Ice Bucket Challenge

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Avira Ice Bucket Challenge

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152266485235636

Gdata

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-ice-bucket-challenge.32844/
Relevancy 36.55%

Greetings Let me start by saying that what I am about to describe is NOT a malware virus problem It does involve a browser being redirected to the wrong website but we have checked repeatedly and to the best of our abilities we have ruled out malware or viruses Windows desktop Internet access is through ethernet wired redirect browser/website a -- challenge/mystery Got through a router that also provides wireless access to other devices in the house What we have is a single computer in the house out of desktops laptop and tablet that cannot reach a single specific website an SMF forum using Internet Explorer or Chrome It CAN get there using the AOL browser What happens with Got a challenge/mystery -- browser/website redirect IE and Chrome is that the browsers are redirected to another non-malicious as far as we can tell website that resides at the same Got a challenge/mystery -- browser/website redirect webhosting service as the website we are trying to reach Tracerts and Pings go to the correct site Other users as in people all over the country can reach the correct site Other computers in the same household go to the correct site using both wired and wireless access This appears to be a very computer-specific problem It does not seem to be an IP problem because the other computers in the house are not encountering it and it is not a website or network problem because no one else is running into the problem Any thoughts The only other piece of information that seems pertinent is that back in July this same computer suddenly could not reach the quot target quot website at all no matter what browser was being used All browsers would stall and time out or give a quot website can not be found quot type of message Tracerts and pings failed completely The tracerts said that the website could not be resolved and never generated even a single hop At the time we consulted a number of people and the only explanation that seemed like it might have merit is that it might have something to do with the MAC address Someone else suggested that it had to do with TCP IP settings We never got it fixed The problem just half-corrected itself about two weeks ago and then went sideways to the current situation What s different between IE amp Chrome versus the AOL browser that could explain this If you have an idea please use dummy talk I m fairly good with computers but networking and IP protocols baffle me Thanks Macgyver nbsp

A:Got a challenge/mystery -- browser/website redirect

Login as a Admin on that system.
Get a command prompt and enter these two commands:
ipconfig /flushdns​net stop "dns client"​quit the browser and restart it. Now access a good site (aka this one) and then a site you are having issues with.

What's the results?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-challenge-mystery-browser-website-redirect.198437/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have not been able to resolve a problem which has been affecting my computer for a few weeks now please see below for my system spec -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Symptoms -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- hard drives motherboard, drive, ...is the hard or PSU? the the it a Want challenge? are failing to show in windows plugged in set up computer hangs frequently on the very Want a challenge? ...is it the hard drive, the motherboard, or the PSU? first boot quot push x to enter bios quot screen quot starting windows quot screen while booting can take minutes strange sounds from the hard drives Want a challenge? ...is it the hard drive, the motherboard, or the PSU? when they are trying to load data I had Windows upgraded from vista installed on my GB sata hard drive for about years and everything has worked flawlessly Recently it started to quot choke crawl quot on a pulse every seconds the computer would stop responding for minute and then work normally again I decided to start fresh for the first time in about years and installed Windows bit to my TB drive It has worked flawlessly for about days and now I am beginning to identify the same problems I had when the OS installation on the GB drive started to die slow boot some freezes unable to see hard drives -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cause -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Any of these seem possible Faulty PSU voltages using too many devices without a surge protector I have the computer logitech Z surround sound quot LCD monitor all plugged into the same socket but this has worked flawlessly for years Faulty motherboard sata connections corrupt bios -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Solutions I have tried -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Using a different PSU on my GB OS installation had the same problems Trying different combinations with the cables from my PSU modular when I couldn t get the GB sata drive to boot at all using different sockets in the back of my PSU yielded different results they are labelled V V etc I m not savvy on what it all means though Error checking tool Defragmenting - no effect Maybe I should try another defragmenter Error checking tool - nothing to report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Remaining solutions -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- upgrade motherboard BIOS try another motherboard i would have to RMA the motherboard for this try my quot faulty quot sata drive in another computer results could be interesting buy a more reliable PSU I use a Jeantech W and used a W arctic when trying to isolate the PSU from the equation maybe BOTH of these are faulty not providing enough juice to power my components note when I tried the W I booted ONLY my GB sata drive and an nvidia GS No x pin GTX no DVD drive no sound card - also this W PSU works fine with it s original computer AMD Dual core gb GS two sata HDD s -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Spec -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Q GHZ GIGABYTE EP -DS R GB PC mhz x gb x gb Nvidia GTX mb Asus Xonar DX soundcard Windows x Jeantech W PSU Operating system is on TB drive two TB data drives one GB drive all sata drives -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- History ----------------------------------------------------------------... Read more

A:Want a challenge? ...is it the hard drive, the motherboard, or the PSU?

It could be the PSU beginning to break down, as the different results using different connectors of the power supply certainly raises questions as to the state of it.

However, then seeing the problem persists even when using a different PSU then makes you wonder if the issue is entirely unrelated to the PSU, and in fact something entirely different.

If it was me, and the motherboard was under warranty, my first port of call would be to RMA it, and get a replacement. I highly recommend you stick to Gigabyte, they make outstanding motherboards generally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-a-challenge-is-it-the-hard-drive-the-motherboard-or-the-psu.161414/
Relevancy 37.41%

I m not entirely certain whether or not any of you have been asked the following question but here it is Is it possible to cheaply turn component video into a VGA or DVI signal with decent quality and resolution For those of you who want more details here is the problem at hand As you know a video-game console will only give a component video output In order to display this signal you would need a component video input Such inputs already exist and have existed for quite some time on a normal television But what about an LCD computer screen Unless you were smart and paid for an LCD television you re stuck with DVI HDMI or VGA as your inputs I am in the unfortunate aforementioned position but nevertheless I would like to beat my head against this brick wall to see if I can put a hole in it Or perhaps knock challenge Component video it down There are converters out there that will indeed change these signals to the right ones for use with an LCD monitor The drawback of course is that these are ungodly expensive Between and to be exact I d be better off just buying a larger LCD tv Component video challenge screen for that money I m also a college student and therefore quite poor So my question to you fellow technology freaks is this Component video challenge can you help me to figure out a way to make this work for under Or is such a task better left alone or left to the professionals that do it for hundreds of monies For me the LCD monitor in question is a inch Samsung which uses a DVI or VGA input nbsp

A:Component video challenge

cheap (won't fall apart immediately)

IvanAwfulitch said:

Is it possible to cheaply turn component video into a VGA or DVI signal with decent quality and resolution?
For me, the LCD monitor in question is a 22 inch Samsung which uses a DVI or VGA input.Click to expand...

So I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for I understand you have a LCD monitor with a DVI or VGA input and then;
a) you speak of converting "video into" is this an analogue tape player?
b) what are you converting or planning to stream from (device) computer, Xbox
c) are you looking for a converter or a cable and converter eg.HDMI/F to DVI 24+5/M Adapter or Gold Plated 1080i HDMI Male to DVI Male Connection Cable (1.8M-Length) or DVI 24+1M to HDMI Female Gold Plated Adapter? (my calculation from $HK to $AUS 14.64 delivered! :slurp: )
Google -> Results 1 - 10 of about 753 for Gold Plated 1080i HDMI Male to DVI Male Connection Cable (1.8M-Length). (0.44 seconds)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/component-video-challenge.146962/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi gang,
I thought i would throw this out to anyone who enjoys cruising Newegg. i am about to update a friends computer and have a strict budget of $500.00. I need the folowing components-

PSU
video card- version of a HD 4850
Motherboard-Pref a 790 chipset and 2 Pci-e slots
Cpu- AMD Quad or Tri
Lightscribe optical
4 gb ddr2
Im working on it myself as we speak, and have come up with one config thats right at $500.00 with the above specs, but i always enjoy suggestions from you all.

Thanks

A:$500.00 challenge

POWERCOLOR AX4850 512MD3-DH Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail $139
Marginally better overclocking, and easier, than the 920, though you could save almost $40 by stepping down.
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Retail $229
ASRock AOD790GX/128M AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $104
OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2G8004GK - Retail $39
Not lightscribe, but i think pionear is more reliable.
Pioneer 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model DVR-116DBK - OEM $25
Antec NeoPower 550 550W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Retail $70
Sorry, missed the money mark...ends up at $606 with no shipping or rebates with the PII 940, the PII 920 adds up to $572

Those are some serious upgrades, is there a specific reason for the quad or tri core?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/500-00-challenge.121129/
Relevancy 32.25%

i have connected 2 computers to share 1 internet connection....

and everything was working good...but after i installed avira there was no internet connection on the second computer

i try to disable the firewall on both computers and it back working good

so i need help how to use the firewall adopter rules to allow internet sharing

thnx

A:Help with Avira premium security suite

Easiest way is to go back to the Windows Firewall, uninstalling any other firewalls. Avira will protect you well elsewhere. Then slowly reinstall stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-avira-premium-security-suite.109407/
Relevancy 36.98%

Who here has a home network that can sustain this kind of efficiency? This is my home network sustaining around 80-82 mbit/sec over 2.5 gigs of file transfer.

The spikes you see there are due to file changes during the transfer. At this moment there are 7 live machines on my network and the receiving machine was also pulling files from my file server. Another machine on this network was downloading from the internet at a steady 177 KByte/sec during this transfer as well.

I challenge all you guys to post screenies of your EFFICIENT home networks out there!

P.S. - Gigabit is definitely welcome!

LNCPapa

A:Home Network Efficiency Challenge!

Eh, who here has a home network at all?

I don't have one since my mum doesn't want an ugly cable running through the hallway...

May get a through floor cable once we get broadband.

/me has an integrated Gigabit NIC...

If I get a network it would be Gb...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-efficiency-challenge.3493/
Relevancy 36.55%

Ok here s the deal Intel Celeron Ghz Mb DDR memory Windows XP pro Onboard video lan sound Mobo ASRock P S Allways worked perfectly Then the rebooting and systemcrashes started I re-installed it completely Windows updates and servicepacks installed latest drivers installed except for the videodrivers because i couldn t find them and the problem seemed to you: BSOD, for Random Rebooting, you a it. challenge Here's name crashes.. be fixed Or not When I found and installed the video drivers the system kept coming with rebooting and crashing at random order at that moment I decided to turn off the auto-restart option on system crash and got the Blue Screens O Death These told me I had problems with DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA I de-installed the video drivers in safe mode and thought it would be fixed but it wasn t Still the system crashes and bluescreens Then I decided to test the internal memory with mem-test When i ran it it said Loading and when it was done loading the system restarted me never seeing the mem-test Could someone please point me in the right direction cause i m getting ready to throw this computer out the window nbsp

A:Here's a challenge for you: Random Rebooting, BSOD, crashes.. you name it.

You will need to run memtest with only one stick of ram at a time.

take out all other extra components that you dont need to run the system so you have just a minimum setup (psu, mobo/cpu, 1 ram, 1 hdd, audio/video) and try to see if it work ok. If ok, then start putting in things one by one untill you find the problem.

goto C:\Windows\Minidump and post any (5-6 of them if possible) of the new/recent ones here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heres-a-challenge-for-you-random-rebooting-bsod-crashes-you-name-it.59079/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I have a system upgrade challenge and I can t quite decide the way to go to speed this up here's ... a duron 1.0 upgrade challenge for callofduty and especially battlefield and I d like to try Battlefield on it online It cant lag too much as I like here's a challenge ... duron 1.0 upgrade to pilot the planes tight and lag killls me if i m flying on the deck I bring this up because this system won t really play these games - my other system - amd ti ultra did ok with these titles except battlefield Currently motherboard gigabyte zmmh agp x socket-A memory meg pc ram or i can t read that small Windows xp Home - yes I have the disk Video nvidia mx meg hard drive gig maxtor dvd player cd writer and player case has a watt power supply as if it matters floppy lcd monitor I d of course like to spend as little as possible for a new videocard agp some memory - and a new socket A chip - gigabyte says up to xp MAX Think it can be done for - Thanks nbsp

A:here's a challenge ... duron 1.0 upgrade

You're really going to have to increase your budget if you want to play Battlefield2. It's much too modern a game to squeek by with an upgrade to that older system.

You CAN build decent Socket A performing game PC's, but your mainboard is limited to 200/266 Socket A processors. Good luck finding one of these! If your mainboard had 333/400 support, I'd say just plop a 2800+ Barton, 1 gig of ram and a cheapo AGP card and you'd be good to go. Unfortunately, 200/266 Socket A's are pretty much obsolete and underperforming for better games.

You can still scavenge many of your old parts towards a new system though, such as dvd, hard drive, floppy, monitor, keyboard, etc.etc. and do so economically. If you go all the way to a PCI-Express or a budget AGP system is the question.

You can have the parts to assemble a 1gig, ddr2-800, AMD's new AM2 socket Athlon 3000+, SLI PCI-Express motherboard, Radeon X1600 Pro 256mb in a nice Antec black case with 450W power supply for under $500. From there, you just snap in your hd, drives and format/re-install Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heres-a-challenge-duron-1-0-upgrade.53623/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi and thanks for taking the Want Challenge?? A Look No Further... time to read this I bought a mercury pvt x-l motherboard with a P ghz HT processer but whenever i run a processing power intensive program e g gta san andreas or converting it just crashes and turns off after which it wont turn on for another Want A Challenge?? Look No Further... minutes first i thought it was overheating so i bought another fan to no avail PLUS i also noticed that i can NEVER restart my computer EVEN FROM FREEZING COLD ruling out overheating as the problem i need to wait about min in between each bootup I have managed though to get it working by changing the jumpers on the motherboard jbat short and jbat short to as opposed to or the problem now is that the processer only runs at half power meaning that in the win xp sys info it says ive got a P ghz HT but ALSO that its only running at half power Can anyone help ive been scouring forums everywhere my problem seems unique i need my extra processing power for games and converting p s while its running ghz there are no heating problems at all even after solid hours of converting nbsp

A:Want A Challenge?? Look No Further...

Have you tought about you PSU? try to avoid generic ones...what's your Wattage?
You have too keep something in mind...Whenever a component idles ..it uses less power,so when it is in full load it uses a bigger amount of power.
try using this tool to find the minimum PSU power for your system
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp
Hope this helps, Me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-a-challenge-look-no-further.52660/
Relevancy 37.84%

Let me start you off with the system specs Giga-byte GA- N-SLI pro P Prescott Ghz HT LGA DDR PQI MB GB RAM Geforce GT MB PCI-e NEC DVD RW DL CD-RW Hitachi Deskstar GB SATA HD ok so I m installing the SATA driver through F however i have many options for which driver to use considering the mother board came with about to choose from Giga-byte to the Up Challenge? offically told me to use Up to the Challenge? a Nvida Up to the Challenge? driver they supplied with the motherboard from both the RAID controler and SATA drive did the F thing loaded the drivers still Windows doesn t detect a hard disk and can not continue installation SUPRISE not really so i tryed another driver which found a harddisk but minus GB so it tells me a unpartitioned GB drive partition it and install windows XP files it restarts as it says it will and then it just starts the loop over again have to press f etc it doesn t detect the windows files on the C drive SATA drive if i choose to repair the installation it finds C WINDOWS gt no problem but everytime i boot up it goes through the CD boot BIOS is set for Floppy Hard drive CD-ROM to boot Called Hitachi they told me basicly they didn t know why the drive would be detected by their dignostic program but not by windows They also informed me that windows XP with out SP or doesn t detect drives larger then GB and may be the limiting factor i changed the SATA cable slipstreamed my XP CD to SP and but everytime i write the CD it fails right at the end yey not how the hell do i install this freakn SATA drive anyone anyone im gonna include a screen shot of the options to choose for RAID SATA drivers from the mobo cd if u figure it out i do something something big idk what yet but ill do it nbsp

A:Up to the Challenge?

Have you tried picking the correct SATA drivers and copying them onto a floppy?
That's the only way to get those SATA drivers installed via F6, NOT from a CD.
And if you get only 130GB, you can always partition/format the rest once XP is up and running, if you can't get SP2 to slipstream.
See also http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/up-to-the-challenge.32327/
Relevancy 36.98%

Well you all did great with my last problem here s a AirPort #2) (challenge Express Apple more vexing one I have an Apple AirPort Express you know the little cigarette box doohickey for ad Apple AirPort Express (challenge #2) hoc wireless networking connecting beaming iPod music and connecting printers to its USB Anyway plugged into my home network PC network btw with an ETHERNET cable from the router to the Airport Express and with a printer on that USB port on the airport expr I can indeed see both the AE and the printer and it works great Of course I bought this for its wireless ability for a printer I have in another room If I setup my router not the AE with NO password I can still see the AE even when I unplug the ethernet cable Of course this is not ideal If I put my password back on my router I can t see the AE anymore Does IT need to know how to connect to my network Printing remotely WIRELESSLY is supposed to be a key feature of this device Can anyone tell me how to actually do so AND keep my wireless protection in place Mind you I am ONLY trying at this point to use the AE wirelessly to connect to my USB printer Thanks for your efforts I imagine that unless you have this exact setup it s probably not worth your time to guess at it as I already tried so many things it s ridiculous Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apple-airport-express-challenge-2.26606/
Relevancy 36.98%

A challage to build a budget gaming pc

He is an idea I thought would be a challage for some. Make a budget gaming system for under $300. Thats what I am working on right now. So far I am under buget with some decent parts. Maybe not top of the line but usable for mild gaming.

A:A challenge to build a budget gaming pc

are semperons good for mild gaming

I am trying to build a budget pc using the semperon, 512mb of ram and 128mb 275mhz graphics card. I just wanted to know if this setup would play most games out today like ut 2004, underground 2, half life 2, swat 4 on decent performance settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-challenge-to-build-a-budget-gaming-pc.25346/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi guyz,

I have a soundmax integrated card on a Toshiba Dynabook Ex bought in Japan. I'm trying to connect my amplifier's monitor out to my PC Line in in order to digitalize music from LPs. However, there is no sound coming in. I checked all the settings in the sound controller, checked the drivers, looked for the control file... still nothing. I'm sure it's a small bogus I misunderstood.

Please help me quick, it's for my work.

Frank

A:LINE IN Problem CHALLENGE!!!

Most soundcards allow only one input channel active at one time. Are you sure you have selected the line-in and nothing else? You can see it in the recording volume control. (Are you sure it's line-in and not microphone?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/line-in-problem-challenge.21754/
Relevancy 37.84%

who dare take the challenge------------- gt within i had a prob a few posts back on hardware i had a problem with my computer restarting while playing games or watching movies and even after playing a few songs i upgraded all my drivers i replaced my w psu with a w psu and then i take dare the -> who within! challenge got worse my computer began to show the blue screen of death ya who dare take the challenge -> within! know quot physical memory dump quot and all that stuff which is leading me to believe it may just be a video card problem first i will try reformating and installing a quot REAL quot version of windows xp hehehe and putting a quot permanant quot version of word on it too but if it might be a video card problem is there a good fair priced gaming one that i might go for oh and p s not only does my comp restart and show blue death sometimes when it restarts it ll restart with a grey screen and all s on it or sometimes it ll restart in funky colors really thanks to all who undergo this post taylor nbsp

A:who dare take the challenge -> within!

wow.... your post makes no sense to me whatsoever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/who-dare-take-the-challenge-within.11344/
Relevancy 33.11%

Im not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes..............................................

I have tried unsucsessfully to update avira antivirus it used to be ok but for some reason it wont update now. Ive tried uninstalling and re-installing a number of times no luck, ive also tried installing differant antiviras but they wouldnt update either.
The thing is windows updates ok and malwerebytes updates ok.
Ive included the log from the last update attempt in case this helps.

Thanks

A:Avira not updating

Without going into your update log, I give the following advice from my personal experience, which I believe you should consider before doing further efforts, which may even cause more harm than good.

I take it for granted that you've checked your firewall log to ensure it's not blocking the update for some reason.

Bear in mind that Antivir does occasionally have update problems, because its servers are busy, though this does not seem to be happening right now. When such problems occur, they are usually resolved of their own in a couple of days. More generally, updating seems to be a weak point of this otherwise first class utility.

The first thing to try is to enter a scheduled updating task to take place at a time that suits you:
Administration > Scheduler: enter the update task.
This solved a similar problem in my case some time ago and it?s even more convenient, as updating takes place at the time I prefer.

If the above also fails, you can seek specialized advice from experts at the Avira support forum for AntiVir Personal for Windows. You'll see many people having updating problems and a solution proposed may also apply to you. If not, You can post your log there.
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Board&boardID=135

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avira-not-updating.152999/
Relevancy 33.11%

hi,is there a way for collecting avira's update files from system for use after uninstalling?i'm heared there is a software for doing that !!! tanx:grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avira-2010.152416/
Relevancy 31.82%

Note I post this info for members because Avira Free AV is recommended by TS Since today at O Clock a product update is available for AntiVir Personal Free Premium and Premium Security Suite in English and German over the automatic update This update has a size of round about Mb and needs a system restart after the installation The restart will be announced before the executed update The SP brings you the following improvements News: released for 1 Pack (Avira) Service AntiVir beside others New News: Service Pack 1 for AntiVir (Avira) released scanner profil quot Scn for active rootkits and malware quot No avgntflt timeouts because of activated deactivated ProActiv anymore No ProActiv warnings anymore because of several actions Outgoing emails are not discarded anymore under certain circumstances and T-Online Firewall application rules are not lost under Windows anymore Fixed crash in AntiVir Scanner quot Luke Filewalker quot Correction of ressource consumption in Firewall application Correction of MailGuard connected to IMAP Correction of MailGuard for use with Thunderbird To check whether the SP is already installed or not please check the version number The version number can be viewed over AntiVir Control Center Menu Help About Register Version information SP has the following number Avira Premium Security Suite Avira AntiVir Premium AntiVir Personal Free P S The infamous nag screen seems to have ceased too nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/news-service-pack-1-for-antivir-avira-released.155944/
Relevancy 31.82%

I use the paid version of Avira Premium 10 and was thinking about purchasing SuperAntiSpyware Professional. I've read on the Avira support site that there will be conflicts with the real time protection in SuperAntiSpyware Pro and Avira. The forum responders are always telling people to uninstall SuperAntiSpyware. But, the SuperAntiSpyware support forums state otherwise. They say there won't be any problems. I don't know which to believe. I know all computers don't work the same but it would be nice to hear from someone that isn't on either company's website. I can't install the trial version because I have tried to but it says my "evaluation period has expired". I don't remember trying it ever before today. I do have the free version and am using it. Is there anyone out there that has used these two together? If so, how has it worked for you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avira-antivir-premium-and-superspyware-professional.147055/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,

I keep getting a window popping up saying the free Avira 9 is due to expire and to download the free Avira 10, but when I click to download, the website doesn't load. I have tried searching for free Avira 10 download and I am taking to an Avira site that wants you to pay.

Is there anyway of downloading this Avria 10 free?

Compused

A:Free Avira 10 download

I've already downloaded the free Avira 10 about 18 hours ago. I downloaded and installed it without problems so I'm not sure why you are having trouble.

Following Avira's links, you end up here: CNET

Perhaps their servers were especially busy with the new release.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-avira-10-download.145057/
Relevancy 31.82%

have an asus laptop with win7. i uninstalled Kapersky antivirus and proceeded to download avira free from another link here on tspot. i choose the option to run, as opposed to save or cancel and it begins the initial download. after its finished it simply disappears. no idea where it went and i cant find it anywhere when searching for the file. its supposed to prompt for location to install after, but it never does. my download folder is empty. i tried downloading it twice. same thing happend. is it not compatible with win7 or something? is it possible something hasnt been setup right. this is a brand new laptop.

A:Avira free not downloading properly to laptop

k well it seems that avira free just isnt capatible with win7. avast download is working though. problem solved thx.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avira-free-not-downloading-properly-to-laptop.142447/
Relevancy 33.11%

ok if this is not the right place to post this issue,mods please move this to the apropiate forum.
-the reason i have this question is because i can't even post a thread in avira's forum,,i alwys have an error when submiting the thread.
--and.........TODAY.......again.
i use avira home free..and avira is not updating,,like they say "maybe" is a server issue..but this happening like every 2 weeks..
i wonder if manual update link http://www.avira.com/en/support/kbdetails.php?id=95
is the most recent update for today..i guees not because file is 29 MB
----they didn't mention about a big update..like before.
also i email then about the problem i have when posting a htread,and they say "there may be a problem with your browser"...
............well i have not that problem when posting in the rest of foums i belong...

A:Avira not updating again

Try uploading the AV sig and manually update Avira.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avira-not-updating-again.136304/
Relevancy 32.25%

Avira anti-virus free has a splash screen on startup as opposed to the nag screen to upgrade to paid version.

I tried to find a way of disabling the startup splash screen using the Techspot Search FAQs option, but it only seemed to cover the nag screen rather than the startup splash screen. Therefore I Googled it and found the following link from Avira telling how to disable it... here. It listed the following three steps:

1. Start the Windows registry editor (Start -> Run -> regedit)
2. Under \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ click on avgnt
3. Add the parameter /nosplash to this entryClick to expand...

When I did this, it did not stop the splash screen without the following modification.

In step 3, I had to replace the letters min at the end of the key with nosplash, rather than just add /nosplash.

Would appreciate anyone else's feedback on this.

A:Avira splash screen at startup

In order to turn off the AntiVir splash screen, please follow these steps:
1. Start the Windows registry editor (Start -> Run -> regedit)
2. Under \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ click on avgnt
3. Add the parameter /nosplash to this entry
The splashscreen will no longer appear during startup and AntiVir will start in the background.Click to expand...

How was your spacing when adding this entry? It looks to me like it's it may be a space followed by forward slash followed by nosplash> like this:avgnt /no splash
avgnt space/nosplash instead of avgnt/nosplash.

Give that a try,

If it still doesn't work, I found this recommendation to someone asking the same question on Wilder'sSecurity Forum:
SplashKiller - http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/SplashKiller/index.html

SplashKiller lets you hide those splash screens that appear when an application is loading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avira-splash-screen-at-startup.115005/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi All -

maybe someone has a fix for this. (hopefully this is the right forum ! )
when avira antivir loads its daily updates, it ends with a large splash screen to sell product that is just annoying. i know it's a free product - but ii also know there may be a workaround for it that i haven't been able to discover.

anyone have a way around this ?

many thx

Michael

A:Avira Antivir Splash screen

Some would complain if they were hung with a new rope
An obnoxious splash screen from those furriners is a small price to pay for such an excellent antivirus program. This is the first one I have seen that I would enthusiastically buy... but I won't buy it until I know they wont have an obnoxious splash screen for the paid virgin.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avira-antivir-splash-screen.109156/
Relevancy 33.11%

Do you know a way to stop these annoying popups forever please? An alternative is to completely uninstall Avira and select another antivirus. I`m open to suggestions.

A:Avira popups

They of course want you to upgrade to their paid solution.

I'd recommend swapping over to Windows Defender which is already installed on Windows 8 machines.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/avira-popups-1036433.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi I scanned my pc with avira and i saw that in the report i have an hidden object quot A memory modification has been detected which could potentially be used to hide file access attempts quot I searched a little bit and i found that it is suggested to run some tools firs i run tdsskiller i didnt change any preferences and it finished clean then i run GMER i hidden objects Avira read a post from this fourm http Avira hidden objects forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -avira-found-hidden-objects-my html So Avira hidden objects here is the GMER log what it says and how can i keep investigating EDIT i can see that i have daemon tools installed is it really a problem Thanks in advance GMER - http www gmer net Rootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack x Device Harddisk DR - gt Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - Samsung SSD PRO Series rev DXM B Q GB Running sx k byw exe Driver C Users ofer AppData Local Temp kwrdapob sys ---- Devices - GMER ---- Device Driver atapi Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - fffffa ca c Device Driver atapi Device Ide IdePort fffffa ca c Device Driver atapi Device Ide IdePort fffffa ca c Device Driver atapi Device Ide IdePort fffffa ca c Device Driver atapi Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - fffffa ca c Device Driver atapi Device Ide IdePort fffffa ca c Device Driver axde veu Device Scsi axde veu fffffa b c Device Driver axde veu Device Scsi axde veu Port Path Target Lun fffffa b c Device FileSystem Ntfs Ntfs fffffa a a c Device Driver NetBT Device NetBT Tcpip B A A- CB - CA-BBE -A E FC BAAF fffffa dfc c Device Driver usbehci Device USBFDO- fffffa f d c Device Driver NetBT Device NetBT Tcpip BB C- FC - C - F - D A D fffffa dfc c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBPDO- fffffa f c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBFDO- fffffa f c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBPDO- fffffa f c Device Driver USBSTOR Device fffffa d c Device Driver cdrom Device CdRom fffffa d b c Device Driver cdrom Device CdRom fffffa d b c Device Driver NetBT Device NetBT Tcpip C D E -A - D- D - B DF fffffa dfc c Device Driver NetBT Device NetBT Tcpip AAAAAE -AFAA- B -BCC - AFDCAF A F fffffa dfc c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBPDO- fffffa f c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBFDO- fffffa f c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBFDO- fffffa f c Device Driver usbehci Device USBPDO- fffffa f d c Device Driver NetBT Device NetBT Tcpip B EAE - BDD- E -AAF - AA B DDC fffffa dfc c Device Driver NetBT Device NetBT Tcpip C E-CF - A -BAE -C EE D F F fffffa dfc c Device Driver usbehci Device USBPDO- fffffa f d c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBFDO- fffffa f c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBPDO- fffffa f c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBFDO- fffffa f c Device Driver volmgr Device HarddiskVolume fffffa c f c Device Driver volmgr Device FtControl fffffa c f c Device Driver volmgr Device VolMgrControl fffffa c f c Device Driver volmgr Device HarddiskVolume fffffa c f c Device Driver NetBT Device NetBt Wins Export fffffa dfc c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBFDO- fffffa f c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBPDO- fffffa f c Device Driver atapi Device ScsiPort fffffa ca c Device Driver usbehci Device USBFDO- fffffa f d c Device Driver usbuhci Device USBPDO- fffffa f c Device Driver atapi Device ScsiPort fffffa ca c Device Driver USBSTOR Device fffffa d c Device Driver atapi Device ScsiPort fffffa ca c Device Driver atapi Device ScsiPort fffffa ca c Device Driver axde veu Device ScsiPort fffffa b c ---- Trace I O - GMER ---- Trace ntoskrnl exe CLASSPNP SYS disk sys ACPI sys gt gt UNKNOWN xfffffa ca c lt lt spmr sys ataport SYS PCIIDEX SYS hal dll msahci sys fffffa ca c Trace nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Harddisk DR xfffffa d a fffffa d a Trace CLASSPNP SYS fffff dbb f - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt xfffffa b fffffa b Trace ACPI sys fffff a a - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - xfffffa b f fffffa b f Trace Driver atapi xfffffa b - gt IRP MJ CREATE - gt xfffffa ca c fffffa ca c ---- Modules - GMER ---- Module SystemRoot System Drivers axde veu SYS fffff e -fffff e bytes --... Read more

A:Avira hidden objects

Anyone? someone can help??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avira-hidden-objects.1153667/
Relevancy 33.11%

Do you know a way to stop these annoying popups forever please? An alternative is to completely uninstall Avira and select another antivirus. I`m open to suggestions.

A:Avira popups

only option is uninstall Avira or buy the paid for version not use the free version

This isn't malware so moved to general security

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avira-popups.1154494/
Relevancy 33.11%

When I try to install Free Avira 2015 I get the error message:
"Missing Avira CCPLG.XML file. Wait for auto Avira update". This never happends

A:Avira error

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy

If you're still having this problem, see here:

https://answers.avira.com/en/question/what-to-do-when-unable-to-find-the-file-ccplgxml--8768

However, it says to click the link for Manual Uninstall, but the link is broken. So, click here instead:

https://answers.avira.com/en/question/instructions-for-manual-uninstallation-9190

If you read the comments at the bottom, the one at the end has the same issue, so a manual uninstall is needed

Thanks

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avira-error.1146869/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi

I'm not sure what I want to do is possible so here's the scenerio

A folder is stored on a shared drive and within that folder is another folder with a unique name (username)

What I want to be able to do is create some code that when the first folder is opened it will only display the folder that has the same name as my username that I have logged onto the computer with.

Is this possible ??

A:Anyone up for a Challenge ??

Hi, I'm not a network guy but I think a script that sets user rights on-the-fly in a specific folder based upon the logged in username should do the trick.
Powershell or vbs script.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-up-for-a-challenge.1144682/
Relevancy 32.68%

I just (stupidly) opened an "Avira free antivirus" RAR and ran the EXE. And it's clearly a virus.

I still have the file in an RAR when I restored to to test it on an online scanner.
I did not finish the whole installation process, however I clicked through a few stages of "no's", asking to install toolbars, and such.

i'm not sure if I should be uploading the file for examination or something. I'm trying a few AV's, MBAM and an ACTUAL Avira antivirus, but I don't know if that's enough.

A:"Avira free antivirus"

Avira Free Anti-virus download link...not sure where you downloaded your RAR versiions but the link I provided is safe.You can submit suspicious files for analysis to more than one online service:Jotti's virusscanVirusTotalVirSCANThreatExpertMetascan Online <- allows large file submissionsAnubis - Malware AnalysisMalwr Analysis ServicePayload Security Hybrid AnalysisComodo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587158/avira-free-antivirus/
Relevancy 32.25%

Mod Edit: Moved to Antivirus Tools ~~ boopme
Hey guys, recently my laptop was brutally destroyed :3 and I never realized how bad it was intill it was gone so yesterday I ordered a new one (Specs are below) so im gonna start new this time. When I get it im gonna start downloading Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool I am a experianced user, but not sure about this.
Will Avira AntiVirus (Paid) work with the paid versions of MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware
Thanks in advance
Specs of the laptop
-------------------
Intell core i7-5500U
GTX 950M
8GB RAM
256 SOLID STATE DRIVE

A:Avira AntiVirus with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware

Hello,Avira should be compatible with Malwarebytes Premium and SAS. You can add exclusions of each program to each other just in case.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586303/avira-antivirus-with-malwarebytes-and-superantispyware/
Relevancy 31.39%

made the mistake of turning off windows defender and putting avira on my computer. Tried uninstalling avira because it froze up, now when in the program area to change or uninstall programs there is still an avira icon showingand wont uninstall.   tried to get defender turned back on and a window pops up telling me the app is turned off,when i went to acton center and clicked antivirus programs it says turn on defender but doesnt really turn on. any help would be great !!!!! 

A:Avira not completely unnstalling and windows defender cant be turned back on

Download Revo Uninstaller. Hopefully it will remove Avira.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543081/avira-not-completely-unnstalling-and-windows-defender-cant-be-turned-back-on/
Relevancy 32.25%

Everytime I turn my laptop on I get this error Avira.oe.systray.exe - System Error
I think it could have a virus, how can I remove this?
Thanks in advance

A:Avira.oe.systray.exe - System Error

Hi ry12,

just found this, worth a try

http://winwiki.org/wiki/article.php?kw=Avira.OE.Systray.exe&

Good luck 

Hedge

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567351/aviraoesystrayexe-system-error/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have really for please? a up you challenge, Are made a mess of my PC this morning Everything seemed to be working fine then a dialogue box appeared telling me that my catalyst control centre host had stopped working I Googled for information and discovered that many people had had this problem and were still meeting it One solution seemed to have solved the problem This was to Navigate to Are you up for a challenge, please? C drive to the file marked USER and thence to place a check in all the folders marked hidden there apply and then when done to uncheck the hidden box Of course I stupidly tried this only to find that all the icons on my desktop had vanished Some re-appeared but not many I decided System Restore would come to the rescue and this seemed to be working until at the end I was told that there had been errors When I click on the folders that are on my desktop I am told they are empty These are probably unimportant as far as my PC is I have a Seagate Freeagent external drive so there Are you up for a challenge, please? should be backups there but I have never had occasion to use these and am uncertain how to set about accessing them I have had a PC since and should know better but I really would be grateful if someone could offer help I am responsible for this stupid state of affairs and bitterly regret not asking for help here before My thanks in advance Reena UK Windows Internet Explorer Avast MalwareBytes Anti malware

A:Are you up for a challenge, please?

Hello Rena.....could you please make a screenshot of the menu in "Users" that you accessed, showing the current boxes that you said you checked? and the path to that "USER" file you accessed? Do you mean User folder, or User file?
Thanks...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557350/are-you-up-for-a-challenge-please/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I tried installing Avira antivirus but I got this log message The log is as follows EC - - T i Burn v Windows v Build Service Pack path C Documents Failure to install Avira and Settings User My Documents Downloads avira en av ws exe cmdline '' EC - - T i Initializing string variable 'SkipSuccessPageAfterInstall' to value 'yes' EC - - T i Initializing string variable 'RebootImmediatly' to value 'yes' EC - - T i Initializing string variable 'ShowSendErrorReport' to value 'yes' EC - - T i Initializing string variable 'LogFileUploadUrl' to value 'https wl-win oes avira com sendreport' EC - - T i Initializing string variable 'SERVER URL' to Failure to install Avira value '' EC - - T i Initializing string variable 'SHORT MSG FORMAT' to value '' EC - - T i Initializing string variable 'TRACKING TOKEN' to value '' EC - - T i Initializing numeric variable 'DISABLE MIXPANEL TRACKING' to value ' ' EC - - T i Initializing string variable 'CUSTOM KIT TOKEN' to value '' EC - - T i Initializing string variable 'DOWNLOAD SOURCE' to value '' EC - - T i Initializing string variable 'BUNDLE ID' to value '' EC - - T i Setting string variable 'WixBundleLog' to value 'C DOCUME User LOCALS Failure to install Avira Temp Avira log' EC - - T i Setting string variable 'WixBundleOriginalSource' to value 'C Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads avira en av ws exe' EC - - T i Setting string variable 'WixBundleName' to value 'Avira' EC CB - - T i Setting string variable 'CUSTOM KIT TOKEN' to value '' EC CB - - T i Setting string variable 'DOWNLOAD SOURCE' to value 'ws' EC CB - - T i Setting string variable 'BUNDLE ID' to value 'av' EC CB - - T i Setting string variable 'LANGUAGE' to value 'en' EC - - T i Detect begin packages EC - - T i Registry key not found Key 'SOFTWARE Microsoft NET Framework Setup NDP v Client' EC - - T i Condition 'NETFRAMEWORK CLIENT' evaluates to false EC - - T i Detected package Avira OE Setup Prerequisites exe state Absent cached None EC - - T i Detected package NetFx ClientWeb state Absent cached None EC - - T i Detected package Id Avira OE Setup Msi state Absent cached None EC - - T i Condition 'NTProductType AND VersionNT v AND ServicePackLevel gt OR VersionNT v AND ServicePackLevel gt OR VersionNT v OR VersionNT v OR VersionNT gt v ' evaluates to false EC - - T e Error x f Bundle condition evaluated to false NTProductType AND VersionNT v AND ServicePackLevel gt OR VersionNT v AND ServicePackLevel gt OR VersionNT v OR VersionNT v OR VersionNT gt v EC - - T i Detect complete result x

A:Failure to install Avira

Hello kennylim,

First, in case you weren't aware, Windows XP is currently End Of Life and it will have no more security updates. But if you're already aware of that, see the below:

It looks like you're running XP with Service Pack 2! The latest service pack for XP is SP3. I would suggest you update to Service Pack 3 asap (an SP2 system is extremely vulnerable to malware attacks)! You can do so from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

If you cannot install SP3, then there may be a possible problem with WGA. This may be preventing you from installing that service pack.
Please download MGADiag and save it to your desktop.
Double click the icon on your desktop.
Click Continue
Click Copy
Go to Start -> Run and type in "Notepad"
Go to Edit -> Paste in notepad.
x out all of the numbers and letters in the line beginning with "Windows Product Key:"
Copy and paste that log here.
==========

Aside from that, it looks like you might need to also update your .NET Framework for the Avira installation to be successful. This is worth a try if you cannot update to SP3.

====================

Either way, post back the results of the MGA diagnostic in your next reply and let us know how it goes.

bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535481/failure-to-install-avira/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,
Since my Avira Free A/V program updated itself the it keeps hanging/stopping on some .txt files. The first was a bog standard .txt file the after deleting the file it stopped on another .txt file and wouldn't budge. Unfortunately I cannot access the .txt file as it's in C:\RECYCLER\....\Dc14.txt and even though I've done a search and ticked for show hidden files I cannot get to it.

Any ideas.

Regards,

Dave

BTW I'm running XP Pro

A:Avira Free & .txt files

I've used Avira Free for a few years now and never encountered a situation as you describe.

There is no reason for Avira to become hung up on any file type or file.

http://techsalsa.com/what-is-recycler-folder-and-how-to-remove-it/

There is the possibility that malware files may be detected by Avira which cannot be handled...although I have never experienced such and would not expect this to be the case.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484078/avira-free-txt-files/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello I have Windows with Avira Free Antivirus and Malware bytes Anti Malware free My problem started a few days ago when i noticed that my Antivirus I am not able to turn on the realtime protection and am not able to update I then tried to open Malwarebytes but it wont open I looked online for similar problems so I tried to run wont and Realtime Avira work malwarebytes protection Malwarebytes Chameleon but when it does work a BSOD pops up saying critical process died halfway through scanning Here are my logs Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by cra g administrator on THEMONSTER on - - Running from C Users cra g Downloads Loaded Profiles cra g Available Profiles cra g Platform Windows X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation Avira Realtime protection and malwarebytes wont work C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Avira Realtime protection and malwarebytes wont work Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Windows reg Win DDK provider C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files x Acer Acer Cloud CCDMonitorService exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe C Program Files x Canon IJPLM ijplmsvc exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe My Digital Life Forums C Users cra g AppData Local Temp CAE tmp KMSServerService exe NTI Corporation C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager IScheduleSvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Dritek System INC C Windows RfBtnSvc exe Razer Inc C Program Files x Razer Razer Game Booster RzKLService exe Microsoft Corporation C Users cra g AppData Roaming Microsoft SystemCertificates VSSVC exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Atheros C Program Files x Qualcomm Atheros Ath WlanAgent exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira ServiceHost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LMutilps exe C Program Files x Garena Plus ggdllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager MMDx Fx exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxHK exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SkyDrive exe Qualcomm Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program... Read more

A:Avira Realtime protection and malwarebytes wont work

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===ATTENTION: System Restore is disabledTurn System Restore on - Windows Helphttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/turn-system-restore-on-off#1TC=windows-7===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. 
start

CloseProcesses:

(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Users\cra1g_000\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\VSSVC.exe
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [LManager] => [X]
Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui: igfxdev.dll [X]
CHR Extension: (Poppit!) - C:\Users\cra1g_000\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\mcbkbpnkkkipelfledbfocopglifcfmi [2014-08-07]
R2 VSSS; C:\Users\cra1g_000\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\VSSVC.exe [104787264 2015-06-23] (Microsoft Corporation) [File not signed] <==== ATTENTION
S3 GGSAFERDriver; \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Garena Plus\Room\safedrv.sys [X]
R4 KProcessHacker2; \??\C:\Program Files\kprocesshacker.sys [X]
C:\Users\cra1g_000\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\VSSVC.exe
C:\Users\cra1g_000\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\mcbkbpnkkkipelfledbfocopglifcfmi
End
Save the files as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Temporarily disable your AV program so it does not interfere.Info on how to disable your security applications How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs - Security Mini-Guides.Download Zeok tool from hereWhen the download appears, save to the Desktop.On the Desktop, right-click the Zoek.exe file and select: Run as Administrator(Give it a few seconds to appear.)Next, copy/paste the entire script inside the code box below to the input field of Zoek:createsrpoint;
autoclean;
emptyalltemp;
ipconfig /flushdns;b
Now...Close any open Browsers.Click the Run script button, and wait. It takes a few minutes to run all the script.When the tool finishes, the zoek-results.log is opened in Notepad.The log is also found on the systemdrive, normally C:\If a reboot is needed, the log is opened after the reboot.Please attach the zoek-results.log in your reply.Also, please provide an update on how the computer is behaving after running the above script.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583623/avira-realtime-protection-and-malwarebytes-wont-work/
Relevancy 30.96%

Recently my computer has been a little odd it how it has been running but I've run ADWcleaner and have always had anti-virus programs on my computer so I just assumed it was me or the fact that I have more programs on my computer However this past day when I restart my computer move things around on my computer or scan using Avira I get the error saying that file directories do not exist even though I can still access them In addition dexpot which I have used for months with no issue now crashes citing the error above as a reason for why it no longer works Dexpot lets you create multiple virtual desktops and its very useful On top of that when I restart the computer the desktop icons will flash a few time which is normal but then a minute later start flashing again Also my Avira desktop icon disappeared and in my listing Missing Avira Questionable Flashing and File Program Directories, Desktop or Missing File Directories, Questionable Avira Program and Flashing Desktop when programs were installed Missing File Directories, Questionable Avira Program and Flashing Desktop Avira jumped up to the top installed the same day that all these issues popped up I also cannot uninstall Avira or run the reinstall program for it citing the same error Throughout the day when I closed the lid on my laptop twice I've had the computer log me out entirely rather than go to sleep as it normally would and it would take much much longer than it should to log back in often getting the windows one-colored screen popping up with the 'this is taking a while please hold on' message To top all this off combofix will not run claiming that my computer is a windows and therefore too old and my wifi will no longer automatically connect when you go to sleep mode or turn off the computer instead needing to ask for my login information over and over That information has been changed twice today to password password so that if anything is keeping that info it does nothing Any help you could provide would be amazing Thank you in advance and I apologize if I forgot anything I was supposed to include -Patrick Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Patrick administrator on PWILD on - - Running from C Users Patrick Downloads Loaded Profiles Patrick Available profiles Patrick Platform Windows X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Sandboxie Holdings LLC C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe Cisco Systems Inc C Program Files x Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vpnagent exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Conexant Systems Inc C Windows System CxAudMsg exe C Program Files x DTS Inc DTS Studio Sound dts apo service exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Phase Five Systems C Program Files x Jump Desktop JumpService exe Rsupport Corporati... Read more

A:Missing File Directories, Questionable Avira Program and Flashing Desktop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/566614 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566614/missing-file-directories-questionable-avira-program-and-flashing-desktop/
Relevancy 31.82%

Windows bit machine I was browsing the web when a couple small windows opened and closed rapidly Immediately afterward Windows gave me a notification in the task bar that Avira was turned off I shut it down pretty quickly by holding the power button down I tried restarting a couple different times trying to get malwarebytes to update first in safe mode then a normal boot Part of the problem was with Covenant Eyes which blocks the internet unless it's up ton down Something a suspicious my have Avira, of now processes shut executed, and running properly I finally got malwarebytes to update and ran a scan While I was waiting for that I looked at my processes and noticed a bunch of strange looking stuff screenshots attached Malwarebytes didn't find anything I tried again using Malwarebytes Chameleon and it still found nothing Screenshots below Here's the longer ones in full There were also processes called conhost and consent one of Something executed, shut down my Avira, now have a ton of suspicious processes which disappeared and the other I had force closed before the screenshot Anyone know what this could be and where to go from here Thanks in advance

A:Something executed, shut down my Avira, now have a ton of suspicious processes

Have you installed LogMeIn on your machine before?

Did you have this application running on your last shut down?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584533/something-executed-shut-down-my-avira-now-have-a-ton-of-suspicious-processes/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi.

I have windows 7 64bit.  I was going to save a copy of VirtualBox 4.3.28.0 to dvd, the file was ready to be written to disc but then I changed my mind and deleted the temp file.  As soon as I did it avira popped up with this warning,

Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2 [trojan]'
detected in file 'C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-3139134934-3399216541-1204604078-1003\$R0KA5D5.exe.
Action performed: Transfer to Scanner

A quick scan ran but nothing more happened.

So is this a virus or did avira just detect the temp file of virtualbox in the recycle bin as a virus.  I have emptied the recycle bin.

Thanks.

A:Avira reported a virus in the recycle bin

Hi there,TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2 is a generic detection Avira uses for packed files. So this file may or may not be malicious.I would just empty the Recycle Bin and be done with it. If you wish to have a checkup then let me know.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579721/avira-reported-a-virus-in-the-recycle-bin/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi A couple fo days ago I got a trojan warning on Avira I didn't take a note of it but since then Avira cannot complete a scan and hangs at about I'm pretty sure I know the folder it gets stuck at and - Avira just scans on warning Trojan now hang now my computer won't let me delete it c ProgramData PRICache I've uninstalled Avira run the Avira registry cleaner tool and reinstalled but it still stalls I've run an avira scan in safe mode and completes without any problem Trojan warning on Avira - now scans just hang and finds nothing I've also ran a host Trojan warning on Avira - now scans just hang of other programmes but none of them find anything These include Kapersky virus Trojan warning on Avira - now scans just hang removal tool Malwarebytes anti rootkit Malwarebytes anti malware farbar recory scan tool security check adwcleaner rkill JRT spybot search and destroy roguekiller I'm concerned that something has got onto my computer for Avira to flag a trojan and stopped it working properly and is now hiding away somewhere I have no problem reformatting hdd and reinstalling windows but I'm not even sure if that will definitely get rid of it Thanks for any help

A:Trojan warning on Avira - now scans just hang

Hi there,Since you have ran FRST and RogueKiller, it is best that you post those logs to be reviewed by a member of the Malware Response Team.Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578515/trojan-warning-on-avira-now-scans-just-hang/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi!

I have a notebook with windows 7 home premium 64-bit, 6gb ram and ssd hdd
I started some days ago having some BSOD, then windows restarting..
Then avira started notiying about malwares and something trying to access to the registry..
i tryied to scan with MBAM in safe mode, as well as running online eset scanner in safe mode as well... but this problem seems to remain...

Looking for help guys!! Thaaaaanks!! 

A:BSOD, then avira notifies acess to registry and malwares

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568495/bsod-then-avira-notifies-acess-to-registry-and-malwares/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello all Thank you for taking the time to read through this I am finally putting my hands in there air on this one I am an IT and like to think I have extensive knowledge but in this case not enough Some background I've purchased built a new computer a few months ago now which seems to run Challenge and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT others BSOD - fine with the exception of BSODing Early on when I got the blue screens they referenced Steam and it's processes which I uninstalled and seemed to resolve the problem for some time Then I had a few more pointing toward the program UnDelete for data recovery BSOD Challenge - PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and others - which I uninstalled and seemed to resolve the problem for a while Now half the time the computer doesn't even get time to dump a full report and isn't pointing a specific process and I am lost To alleviate future questions I am over clocking I have tested stability for hours and had no errors Additionally just to rule it out I have set my PC back to stock settings So far there hasn't seem to have been rhym or reason why they've been happening I've posted over a week ago at Toms Hardware for help but haven't found a resolution yet either For anyone wanting to see what was suggested the link is additionally here http www tomshardware com answers id- bsod-challenge-pfn-list-corrupt html I have Ran Memtest Replaced one stick of RAM at a time Tested with a different video card Tested with a different PSU Re-installed windows on the same and different HDD SSD though that was a while ago Scanned for maleware rootkits Ran Furmark Ran Prime Ran Intel Burn Test Manually set RAM CPU Voltage to factory settings instead of auto There are a lot of dump files so I'm just attaching the last three If you'd like more please just let me know I haven't posted for BSOD help before so please let me know if you need anything else System Specifications PCPartPicker part list Price breakdown by merchant CPU AMD FX- GHz -Core Processor CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Thermal Compound Antec Formula Nano Diamond g Thermal Paste Motherboard Asus Sabertooth FX R ATX AM Motherboard Memory Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage PNY XLR GB Solid State Drive Storage Seagate Barracuda TB RPM Internal Hard Drive Storage Seagate Barracuda TB RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WINDFORCE Video Card Case Thermaltake Core V ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Corsair W Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Optical Drive Asus BC- B ST BLK B AS Blu-Ray Reader DVD CD Writer Monitor Asus VG QE Hz Monitor Mouse Mad Catz R A T Wired Laser Mouse Headphones Turtle Beach Ear Force DP Headset Generated by PCPartPicker - - EST- Minidump s http s tinyupload com index php file id http s tinyupload com index php file id http s tinyupload com index php file id http s tinyupload com index php file id Full Large Memory Dump http www filedropper com memory Thank you very much for your help in advance I feel like I can fix every one else's problems but mine never seem to end Old build new build doesn't matter Someone come take this black magic off me - -

A:BSOD Challenge - PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and others

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569268/bsod-challenge-pfn-list-corrupt-and-others/
Relevancy 32.25%

On Friday night my Avira antivirus software detected TR Trash gen It kept producing virus exe files throughout the next day and it appeared to be originating in a system restore point The infected files are in quarentine and I haven't seen new warnings I was not given an option to delete the virus only quarentine Other unusual symptoms I don't know if this is related to the infection but I think around Thursday night my computer was stuck in the screen saver when I had Firefox opened Each time I moved my mouse to get out of the screen saver it immediately went back to the screen saver I managed to solve the problem by closing Avira. TR/Trash.gen Am by blocked I infected? still Firefox by a quick right click on the lower task bar and choosing close but I don't know if that problem was related to an infection It hasn't happened again since then System and protection software Windows XP Pro v SP Avira - free version Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - paid TR/Trash.gen blocked by Avira. Am I still infected? version Spybot - Search amp Destroy - free version Full custom Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan No infections detected This scan included a rootkit scan Full Avira antivirus system scan after files were TR/Trash.gen blocked by Avira. Am I still infected? placed into quarentine No infections detected rootkit scan was switched off During my Avira full system scan TR/Trash.gen blocked by Avira. Am I still infected? I received a notice saying that my virtual memory is low I have GB of unused space on my C drive Spybot - Search amp Destroy rootkit scan No infections detected Full Spybot - Search amp Destroy system scan No major threats detected I have not restarted my computer Can you help me determine if I still need to eradicate the TR Trash gen trojan threat

A:TR/Trash.gen blocked by Avira. Am I still infected?

I'd recommend to use Kaspersky Rescue Disk  (http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk).
TR/Trash.gen can load another trash soft. Check your firefox plugins. I think you have some bad plugin installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568785/trtrashgen-blocked-by-avira-am-i-still-infected/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello I uninstalled avire anti virus free version & also delete on my registry but it seems this program avira still on my system.  Any suggestion on how to remove this completely. thanks

A:unable to remove avira anti virus free version completely on my system

Does AVIRA offer a uninstaller tool ? If so, did you already use it ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581838/unable-to-remove-avira-anti-virus-free-version-completely-on-my-system/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi,

Last night while updating Malwarebytes free I had the option to go for the trial version, so I did.
So today I log on and find everything seem takes longer to load and I can't open Avira Free from the desktop icon and there's no sign of it in the taskbar. Tried right click/run as administrator to no avail.  I eventually opened it from the start menu.

Could this have something to do with the Malwarebytes update?

A:Malwarebytes trial vs Avira free question

Hi redjim It's possible that there has been a conflict with Avira and Malwarebytes, and that now Avira refuses to launch, but I doubt. Avira and Malwarebytes are supposed to be compatible with each other. If you restart one more time, does the situation goes back to normal or not?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576365/malwarebytes-trial-vs-avira-free-question/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi, everyone-

I hope this is an easy fix, but I can't find a solution anywhere- I uninstalled Avira from my laptop with Revo Uninstaller and thought I would never see anything regarding Avira on my computer... I have Windows 8.1 and the only person using it- I found 2 services running and when I try to Disable them, it says Access Denied? Don't know why since I'm the only user... Hoping someone here can give me some advice on getting rid of this- Unless it doesn't matter that is there? 

Thank you very much for your help,

Kiki G.

A:Removed Avira Free Antivirus with Revo and it still has 2 services running that

Hello Kikig04:

Delete possible Avira residues:
Make sure that your folder options are set as follows:
Click on:
Start → Control Panel → Folder Options → View → Show Hidden Files and Folders → OK
and delete the following folders:
C:\Program Files\Avira
C:\ProgramData\Avira
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira
There is no action required if these folders do not exist.
Run the avira_registry_cleaner_en.exe from the Administrator's desktop:
Click on read keys and confirm with OK after the scan
In case some keys will be found, enable the control box "select all", click on Delete and confirm the next prompt with OK
 http://professional.avira-update.com/package/regcleaner/win32/en/avira_registry_cleaner_en.exe

The most recent Avira Free may also install an extension amongst the browser add-ons.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575603/removed-avira-free-antivirus-with-revo-and-it-still-has-2-services-running-that/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,

I have recently got this 0x40000015 error message when I try to open Avira Free on a windows 7 desktop.
I tried to reinstall from the original file but that didn't work.
So I did a total uninstall and downloaded it and reinstalled it but I keep getting the same error message.
Can anyone shed any light on this?

A:0x40000015 error with Avira

Hi redjim From what I can see, this error message is caused by either a bad installation of the software, or the fact that the system is infected and a malware prevents it from launching. What you can try to do is to uninstall Avira Free again, but this time, follow their manual installation procedure, and use their Registry Cleaner tool to delete all Avira entries from the Registry and make sure that there's no remnants left of the product on your system. Follow the procedure in the link below, then reinstall it and let us know if you still get that error message.https://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/902

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575040/0x40000015-error-with-avira/
Relevancy 32.68%

I unistalled avira through normal ways but remnants as  well as registry were left over.   Cant find an  uninstall app to  remove these.Seems to me that any decent antivirus program would have such help.   Could you please helpme. I've been at this for weeks now.Edit: Topic moved from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:how uninstall Avira completely

On THIS PAGE ...the following instructions are provided by Avira.

Windows 8
A click with the right mouse button in the lower left corner of your “Start” screen (Windows-button + x) will bring up the new Window Quick Access Menu. Once the Quick Access Menu is displayed click on Programs and Features
Search the Avira product, click with the right mouse button on it and select Uninstall
Confirm the following product uninstall notification with Yes
Confirm the activation of the Windows Firewall with Yes
The Avira Setup will take some minutes to uninstall the product
Confirm the notification to restart your system with Yes
After the reboot of your PC the Avira product is completely removed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568738/how-uninstall-avira-completely/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have Avast on my machine and would like to make a clean transition to Avira to avoid leftover traces. Any advice appreciated!

A:Want to uninstall Avast and install Avira (seamlessly)

Hello there,You will want to uninstall Avast the 'normal' way - via Programs & Features in Control Panel.If the installation process failed for some reason, use Avast Clear to remove it instead.Then install Avira.A word of advice: If you want to use Avira's Web Protection, do NOT remove the Avira Toolbar under all circumstances!Hope this helps.Regards,AlexEDIT: Emsisoft products do not target the Avira Toolbar... not sure about MBAM and other AMs - but probably not, since it'll break Avira.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565938/want-to-uninstall-avast-and-install-avira-seamlessly/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi folks!

It's December of 2014, and the new Avira Products is finishing on their latest versions to this year's completion, as summary.
You can check them out at their web-site: https://www.avira.com/en/index

Let's start this topic, as a general discussion of end-year Avira products (up to February).

So, my suggestions for the end-year Avira software:
1. Is to make "scan within the links" on-demand scanner's option ticked ON by default.
2. Is to make "use dual-core processor (and up) power, while scanning" option ticked ON by default. Also named "optimize processing speed" on scans.
.....these are, mainly, and are applicable for Avira Anti-Vir Personal, for home (freeware).

The program looks good, and are... scanning speeds are awesome, GUI is clear, like at anti-virus laboratory / base office, detection rates are top, and all.

So, let's start talking here!
Go on and post here, telling us about your thoughts on Avira's end-line products. Cheers.

A:Avira - December 2014

Hi.
December 2014.

Avira Anti-Vir Personal for home use, freeware.
I use Avira Anti-Vir Personal.

My complaint, is that during Avira updates it can take minutes to end-up one single update.
Usually, it takes ~3:00/~3:45 of minutes to finish it up.   The process sounds heavy, and IS hard on an HDD.
...as I've noted, Avira "presses" on an HDD so much, is because it's rewriting the scanning code / detection code / detection algorythm all the time on each time it updates, that's because. The initial process is heavy and loady - each new update gives blocks of fragmentations (usually, not a big line).

The system is of 2004:
AMD single-core Sempron on 2.0 GHz (for MS Word 2D tasking, mainly)
a standard motherboard, from ASUS
1 GByte of system RAM (enouph for Windows XP, even on today)
NVidia GeForce 6150SE plus graphical adapter
160 GBytes HDD + 80 GBytes HDD in addition
one DVD+RW

Starting of August 2013, Avira become taking kilograms on its code / program's source code.
It become more and more MBytes of its install file... on and on, until it reached such heavyness.

So, the ask is:
What would it take to optimize the process? Is it hard to develope?
Can Avira provide such compliment to us?

Thank you.
End note: Please, post a link of this thread to their help forums. I want 'em personally to go check here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561510/avira-december-2014/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have been using Avira Free with a Windows 7 laptop for several years and it's been ok, but there are quite a few annoying pop ups and I suspect it's dragging the performance (boot times) a bit.

I recently switched from Avira Free to Windows Defender on a Windows 8 laptop and I have been pleased with the results so far.  Faster start ups and no pop ups.

Now I am thinking of switching the Windows 7 laptop, but I understand that Windows Defender is not an antivirus option (only anti spy for Windows 7)?  So I would need Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) instead.

Has anyone switched to MSE for Windows 7 and willing to share their experience?  Thanks!!

Mark

A:Windows 7 Free Anti Virus: Avira vs MSE?

Hello,

I'm not using Windows 7, but 8.1...

I've used MSE for a while but quickly switched to something else, first I used Avast! Free Antivirus on my system but after some reading on the forums and look into AV tests I switched back to Emsisoft wich is a very good antivirus and antimalware program.

So my experience with Microsoft Security Essentials: Don't use it if you can get beter. 

Best of luck! 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563948/windows-7-free-anti-virus-avira-vs-mse/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi Dell XPS Intel Core i Win Premium System drive hard failure challenge Seagate ST AS PN SL - GB Hard drive failure description Computer began intermittently rebooting for no reason Then began launching windows very slowly sometimes I would have to go into safe mode then reboot into normal mode After a couple System hard drive failure challenge of days of stable operation it would not launch Windows beyond the screen preceding the user profile screen No clicking or beeping noises Drive lite comes on and blinks normally Repair disk and recovery disks would not load launch or otherwise boot either or allow any recovery or repair functions Rebooted into the diagnostics tests and began running tests on the drive Passed the SMART test but stalled on the confidence test indicating bad blocks would not even begin the read write or verify tests just hung up and eventually aborted Purchased a new WD TB drive and installed it loaded Win from the aforementioned recovery disk Put bad drive into my eSATA USB enclosure and attached it to the computer Drive appears in Computer and Disk Manager but cannot be accessed Disk Manager shows System hard drive failure challenge partitions both RAW file system Made a boot disk with Partedmagic and booted it up shows partitions but will not mount any of them Now I'm thinking of trying Peppermint to see if it System hard drive failure challenge can repair rebuild the boot sector or partition table My concern and first question is am I risking more damage in these attempts I have never dropped my computer but we do occasionally have power failures that could cause a head crash However the lack of any noises coming from the drive leads me to believe there is no further damage being done This leaves the nagging question of what caused the boot sector to get progressively worse so quickly that it rendered the drive unbootable in just a few short days Thank you in advance for any thoughts and ideas Tonybalony ps for all the preachers out there you know who you are yes I have a backup but it is a couple of months old and I need some more recent files back I am adding the error I got in Peppermint when trying to mount the drive Error mounting dev sdg at media peppermint OS Command-line mount -t quot ntfs quot -o quot uhelper udisks nodev nosuid uid gid dmask fmask quot quot dev sdg quot quot media peppermint OS quot ' exited with non-zero exit status The disk contains an unclean file system The file system wasn't safely closed on Windows Fixing ntfs attr pread i ntfs pread failed Input output error Failed to read NTFS Bitmap Input output error NTFS is either inconsistent or there is a hardware fault or it's a SoftRAID FakeRAID hardware In the first case run chkdsk f on Windows then reboot into Windows twice The usage of the f parameter is very important If the device is a SoftRAID FakeRAID then first activate it and mount a different device under the dev mapper directory e g dev mapper nvidia eahaabcc Please see the 'dmraid' documentation for more details Failed to sync device dev sdg Input output error Failed to close volume dev sdg Input output error Of course I have not run chkdsk

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380473-system-hard-drive-failure-challenge.html
Relevancy 32.25%

When I try to download games that I have had before (I deleted them) I get a notification from Avira real time protection that the file contains a Trojan (TR/Agent) is there a way I can get rid of it ? I tried a lot of things from forums and all over the internet . But I could not find anything to help my specific problem . please help .

A:Avira detects Trojan in everything i download

Download the 64bit version of this tool:
What is Windows Defender Offline? - Windows Help

Does Avira detect it as bad?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381746-avira-detects-trojan-everything-i-download.html
Relevancy 32.25%

When I try to download games that I have had before (I deleted them) I get a notification from Avira real time protection that the file contains a Trojan (TR/Agent) is there a way I can get rid of it ? I tried a lot of things from forums and all over the internet . But I could not find anything to help my specific problem . please help .

A:Avira detects Trojan in everything i download

Download the 64bit version of this tool:
What is Windows Defender Offline? - Windows Help

Does Avira detect it as bad?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/381746-avira-detects-trojan-everything-i-download.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi, my new laptop crashed part-way through installing Avira. I turned it off and on again and the software seems to have downloaded but I wondered if it would have downloaded properly or if I should remove and reinstall? It's a Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.

Thanks.

M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-crashed-whilst-installing-avira-antivirus.1157950/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, I downloaded Avira onto my new laptop before realising that Mcafee was already on there. I have since read that I should have removed Mcafee first. I have done that now using the Windows uninstall option and also using the tool on the Mcafee website but wondered if there was anything else I needed to do, and also if I would have any problems because of this? It's a Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.

Thanks.

M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-avira-whilst-mcafee-still-installed.1157949/
Relevancy 36.55%

Alright I'm new to posting and feel I have a doosey of a task I'm pretty the take Sound, [SOLVED] No challenge? problem... the unsolvable good at this stuff so this can't be something minor Bring it on The problem No sound The symptoms Besides the obvious there is a little red 'x' over my speaker icon in the lower right When I double click it it goes into quot detecting problems quot quot Audio Device is disabled quot it's enabled read below quot Audio Device you selected is currently turned off in Windows quot check out what i'v done below Ultimately quot problem not fixed [SOLVED] No Sound, the unsolvable problem... take the challenge? quot I have also oddly noticed that the quot levels quot tab in the speakers properties does not [SOLVED] No Sound, the unsolvable problem... take the challenge? load and subsequently has a blank window with a line I'm hoping this might be the aha moment for someone to realize whats wrong What I've done Hit the mute button and volume up duh I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers more times than i can count I have visited manufactures websites and independent installed the newest drivers AND software I have obviously checked the cords tried headphones and all [SOLVED] No Sound, the unsolvable problem... take the challenge? that such I have no errors in the device manager and it says all devices are enabled and quot working properly quot Windows is fully up to date and legit I have system restored to before when it worked and no such luck I have checked services msc to make sure quot windows audio quot is started it is I have reinstalled directX and every other possible audio codecs and updates I could think of I've uninstalled any program I thought could have triggered this deep mute of silence Windows Action center is useless I've run the independent quot audio device repair quot with no such luck In case the actual hardware was broke I have tried running the sound through the HDMI jack with no such luch I have installed a usb sound card I had sitting around to try to run sound through there I've changed quot default device quot plenty of times And I'm sure I'm missing some of the things I've done I can't think of computer changes I recently did that would have done this it seems out of no where Thanks for any help

A:[SOLVED] No Sound, the unsolvable problem... take the challenge?

Hi, and a warm welcome to the forums. Go to control panel and open sounds under the "Playback" tab find a blank space in this box and right click, check both options:- Show disabled devices... Show disconnected devices.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-no-sound-the-unsolvable-problem-take-the-challenge-594113.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I had to do a system recovery a week ago. Ever since then computer constantly Freezes and Crashes.
HP Pavillion Slimline s5713w, with Windows 7 Home Premium x64, SP-1.
Went to System Info: many Drivers are listed as "critical"
Went to Windows Error reporting: many "Fault bucket" (including: blue screen, AppCrash)
I think I need to wipe the whole thing out and start over???
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384983-freezes-crashes-sys-drivers-critical-windows-fault-bucket-reports.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Asking this for a friend: Does anyone here use Avira Antivirus? When you perform a scan using the Windows Explorer shell extension (context menu), do you get a UAC prompt each time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/386368-avira-antivirus-uac-prompts.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello Fist sorry if I'm not clear everything my - challenge work I Making bluetooth tried english is not my native langage I'm French I would be so happy if someone would take up the challenge to make my bluetooth Making my bluetooth work challenge - I tried everything work I swear I've tried everything I was able to I really need help So I have a samsung np v c that works with Windows and with bluetooth that's what they said I have never managed to make it worked but as I didn't need it untill now it didn't bother me I would like to manage to make it work now but I can't - First of all my bluetooth is on checked in wireless menu - When I click on bluetooth icon open parameters everytime I click on authorize other to detect this laptop the window freeze and is not responding The second time I have the following message quot An error occured while windows was saving your settings Maybe the bluetooth unit is disconnected It isn't These settings where not saved recognize settings quot Of course I checked bluetooth is on In my devices Bluetooth is said to function properly - I tried to go to to services msc I have not the quot Bluetooth support service quot line Not at all BUT when I go to quot run as administrator quot and type quot net start bthserv quot I am told that the service as already been started so why the line don't show up - I tried to find latest drivers but even though my laptop as a native windows os installed on it samsung drivers are only made for windows - I tried Bluesoleil it didn't work either - I even bought a bluetooth dongle but still not working The dongle works perfectly with my husband's windows laptop who didn't had bluetooth and is very happy now I'm so jealous With everything I tried I think it's a problem with the way windows manages Bluetooth on my laptop not hardware problem Maybe I'm wrong To finish with I've checked device manager Bluetooth is said to be working properly and to have the latest driver installed So frustrating why isn't there a button to say quot no it is not I tell you something is wrong - I have read tons of threads but I never find anything that could help I would really like to avoid a complete reinstall of my windows I am not even sure that I would be able to reinstall everything without having the same problem if I don't understand first what happen I hope I was clear and that someone will be able to help me And a big thank you from France to whoever will solve my problem

A:Making my bluetooth work challenge - I tried everything

The bluetooth for microsoft usually works for a short amount of time after purchase and then is broken. I have never tried to fix that my self, It is completely usless

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72371-making-my-bluetooth-work-challenge-i-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello This is a mini-review of both Avira Pro and Free Avira Pro - Free Avira and Impressions General Pro Pros Very good performance against malware from MT s Malware Hub up-to-date signatures Resource impact on my Avira Pro and Free - General Impressions W system was low not while scan running GUI is clear and easy to use User can easily figure out actions taken by Avira to protect clean system Logging is clear and easy to interpret understand the best I have seen Highly configurable scanner Integrates Windows Firewall into its own GUI enabling easier access to Windows FW GUIs Cons Really expensive for the features and overall protection provided No firewall for all Avira products including Internet Security Avira Pro and Free - General Impressions Suite Only signature-based protection malicious URL filtering with limited heuristics no file rating Behavior Blocker anti-executable Cloud Scanner requires many active network connections bandwidth Avira Free Pros Identical to Avira Pro but free some built-in ads that can be circumvented Cons No web protections Impressions Avira is definitely Germanic and like all fine German products it is over-engineered It is also an anachronism - a signature-based dinosaur It s protection model may be a relic but Avira nevertheless has taken it to the ultimate expression Avira is essentially a super turbo-charged signature-based scanner with other features built around it Real-time protection which is essentially a file guard for on-access mapped-to-memory detection with heuristics works like a charm Malicious URL filtering is there as well in the paid versions only but that is unfortunately about it protection wise What this means is that if Avira does not detect malware via signature then the entire system is exposed In my opinion Avira definitely needs to be bolstered with other security products free paid or otherwise On the other hand if all I wanted was a super scanner then Avira is definitely it I like using Avira despite its limited protections Maybe its that signature red color they use hypnotic red Maybe the cute umbrella I really like Avira s GUI Clear intuitive easy to use And I enjoyed using it I definitely think it s the red now it does what it was designed to do sig-based detection remarkably well That it integrates Windows Firewall into its own GUI is also a really useful feature for those that use WFW It s a sweet spot for me Only Avira Free is worthwhile due to the relatively high cost of the paid versions Bandwith consumption was not an issue on my system Plus it was stable and played well with other software I experienced no bugs One warning however the deepest scans should not be performed only at idle up to CPU usage for hours yes hours Bottom line Avira protection is like Teutonic Swiss cheese Use Avira Free as quot core quot protection and create your digital bunker by adding the best freeware protections around it a tweaking geek s dream Suggestion Combine Avira Free with BiniSoft s Windows Firewall Control to monitor all outbound connections Total Cost for the combo for unlimited licenses and installs Add web-filtering capability at the browser level e g Privoxy uMatrix etc Add EMET or MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit Add NVT ERP Add Anti-Keylogger Screen web-cam capture maybe Oxynger KeyShield nbsp

A:Avira Pro and Free - General Impressions

Con for both:

Lots of exe's wants lots of internet access

Pro for both:

The registry protection module is DAMN STRONG, it outshined SpShelter

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-pro-and-free-general-impressions.43556/
Relevancy 33.11%

A compilation of reviews can be found here:

http://malwaretips.com/threads/compilation-of-recent-security-software-reviews.13350/

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-reviews.13353/
Relevancy 32.25%

So, I uninstalled Avira free from my computer, removed the plugins from my browsers, and also deleted the leftover folders from my hard drive. As far as I'm concerned Avira should be completely gone from my PC, but its not :/

Recently I clean installed Chrome (yes, I deleted the old Chrome folders before reinstalling) just to fix some errors I was having and noticed that Avira Browser Safety was trying to install itself!

I was under the impression that Avira was gone because I uninstalled it and deleted the folders but obviously some leftover is hiding on my PC somewhere :/

Does anyone know where its hiding so I can get rid of it? Its unacceptable that such a reputable company would do something so annoying :/

A:Avira Browser Safety Removal

did you sync your extensions to google? If you do so all your old extensions might install itself again.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-browser-safety-removal.53563/
Relevancy 32.68%

Do you have to install Avira browser safety extension if you're using Avira Free? What about the Pro version, do you have to install Avira browser safety extension as well? Or is it optional?

A:Avira Free and Pro question

I use Avira Free together with CF. Never install that expansion. If I want privacy I'll just straight to Tor Browser or Dabble. I tried the Avira browser safety expansion a while. Never liked it.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-free-and-pro-question.53441/
Relevancy 33.11%

Please note that the installation packages for Avira Antivirus Pro have been replaced by a combination of the new Online Essentials Launcher and the Avira Antivirus Pro product version for the languages English German French Italian Portuguese Russian and Spanish This means that if you install the bundle the Antivirus Pro installation is done automatically The beta license is installed automatically too If you already have an Avira Pro but no Launcher installed Launcher Avira please download the Launcher installation file Avira Launcher and install it over the existing AV Pro An important note to those testers who Avira Launcher already have a paid license that was bought in a shop or online You will need an additional account for Online Essentials my avira com Please create a new account and use an email address dedicated to this account only Afterwards switch to Betacenter and change your email address to the same address that you used to create your quot beta quot account for Online Essentials http betacenter avira com nbsp

A:Avira Launcher

this new launcher imo sucks. plain and simple. they are forcing us to take a audio grabber???? i mean really ... what?? in a av? and dropbox, toolbar, online essentials, and a new stupid launcher. this is a bad move for them. i have been suggested to by someone pretty high up there will not be a custom installer from now on...so you will have to take everything or nothing

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-launcher.31440/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi what would be a good malware program alongside Avira pro?
I have 4 choices or you could offer your own. Hope this is placed in right area.

Malwarebytes
Hitman
Zemana
Reason Core
Other
Thks

A:Antimalware program alongside Avira?

blueblackwow65 said:

Hi what would be a good malware program alongside Avira pro?
I have 4 choices or you could offer your own. Hope this is placed in right area.

Malwarebytes
Hitman
Zemana
Reason Core
Other
ThksClick to expand...

*Antimalware Program
Malwarebytes Premium Version offers Realtime Protection thus if you are willing to pay for a Security Product alongside AV i would suggest Malwarebytes. Others are a on demand scanners. You can get some really good on demand scanners for free such as Norton Power Eraser, Comodo Cleaning esssentials or EEK. This is why i don't feel like Paying for an On-Demand scanner.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/antimalware-program-alongside-avira.53311/
Relevancy 33.11%

As a student+home user, is that good to having avira free or pro to running in my laptop alone?

A:How good is Avira now?

Melisa said:

As a student+home user, is that good to having avira free or pro to running in my laptop alone?Click to expand...

Avira free is better than WIndows Defender.

Is it enough to protect your system ?

For high-risk computing - no; For conservative\safe computing habits - likely.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-good-is-avira-now.52833/
Relevancy 32.25%

Avira System Speedup beta invitation We are pleased to announce that Avira System Speedup is now also part of the Avira BetaCenter Apply to this project and you will receive the latest updates before everyone else Avira System Speedup boldly goes where no user can safely and thoroughly removing unused programs and files optimizing Windows to bring back the fast error-free performance you deserve - automatically Diagnose the problems locate the wasted space cut out the junk identify what needs fixing and repair malfunctioning processes it s one tool that does it all and more The latest beta version offers the following improvements Improved and updated user interface Technical improvements to various modules Stability improvements and bugfixes Best regards The Avira BetaCenter Team https betacenter avira com Avira System Speedup beta Improved New User Interface This version includes the first overhaul of the existing Avira System Speedup interface this is still work in progress Improved Service Manager The Service Manager Speedup System Beta 2.0 Avira module now shows the correct amount of services Improved Uninstaller The uninstaller module now shows also -bit applications Bugfixes Encoding problems solved Some unexpected UI behaviour has been fixed nbsp

A:Avira System Speedup 2.0 Beta

They should renew the UI of free antivirus with this one.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-system-speedup-2-0-beta.37316/
Relevancy 32.25%

Changelog 15.0.11.579 (Update 11.1)

Reduced update download volume for Avira Free Antivirus
Bugfixes:

The module AVGNT.EXE occurs occasionally an exception on Tablet PCs with a Windows 7 operating system (?Bad Image Problem?)
The System Scanner crashes when deleting files from the protected folder
https://betacenter.avira.com

A:Avira Beta build: 15.0.14.258 (Update 14)

Changelog 15.0.12.408 (Update 12)

Update Open SSL
WMI in Antivirus Pro allows also modification dependent on the configuration setting
Windows Action Center messages are not popping up anymore during setup and licenses change
Update status is now shown in Status Page of Control Center
When a silent scheduled update is running, a click on start update will show the update GUI of the currently running update
Other updater improvements
Bugfixes:

Control Center stops working after you close it from taskbar
Many avgntflt timeouts are generated on Avira maybe caused by setup

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-beta-build-15-0-14-258-update-14.52521/
Relevancy 31.82%

Avira Antivirus Security for Android 4.2.3787 is now available for beta testing at the Avira Beta Center.

Changelog

In-app activation with activation code
Dialogues re-factorization
Bug fixes
Avira Mobile Apps Beta
Future updates can be applied to this thread.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-antivirus-security-for-android-beta-4-2-3787.52468/
Relevancy 32.25%

Avira Free Antivirus for Mac version 3.2.3 is now available for beta testing at the Avira Beta Center. Existing installations will receive this update automatically.

Changelog for Beta build 3.2.3.36

Bugfixes

Fixed an issue which prevented the Kernel Extension from being uninstalled.

Avira Free Antivirus for Mac Beta
Future updates can be applied to this thread.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-free-antivirus-for-mac-beta-3-2-3-36.52466/
Relevancy 33.11%

What?s new:
* The Avira Pro Web Protection is stopped and the Internet is blocked if the OS is installed on a different SystemRoot drive letter than C:
* WINHTTP update bridge logging improved
* Web Protection hangs and Internet failures occure: Message: The ?Avira Browser Protection? service has unexpectedly quit. This already occurred 1 time. Next corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service

Download Avira Free Antivirus 2015
Download Avira Antivirus Pro 2015
Download Avira Internet Security 2015
Download Avira Ultimate Protection Suite 2015
Download Avira Family Protection 2015

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-build-15-0-13-210.52147/
Relevancy 31.39%

Avira Browser Safety: Apply for Beta Testing

A future without toolbars

We are proud to announce that Avira Browser Safety V1.0 Beta (ABS) is now available. Available initially for Google Chrome, and later for other browsers, ABS will eliminate the traditional toolbar, while providing a safe and aesthetically pleasing user experience. Unlike the previous ?Searchfree Toolbar? developed and built by our partner Ask, ABS is built from scratch by the Avira Browser Safety development team. Working with our Avira URL Cloud team, and integrating market leading privacy technology from our partner Abine for ?Do Not Track Me? capability, ABS is leading the way toward a future without toolbars.
The initial beta release, V1.0, will match the same features in the current toolbar. This includes;

Safe Search
Safe Browsing
Do Not Track Me

A:Avira Browser Safety BETA for Chrome, Firefox, Opera

Thanks for sharing. Lots of beta versions from AVIRA. I like them

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-browser-safety-beta-for-chrome-firefox-opera.18467/
Relevancy 31.82%

Avira Browser own Secure Avira's released BETA offers more than just an anti-virus AV Features that go beyond AV got integrated years ago does anyone of you remember specific anti-spyware programs I prefer to define what Avira's own Secure Browser BETA released we offer as an add-on-security solution AV is shorter but also less correct Nonetheless shorter won Now we are about to stretch even further and integrate a browser into our eco system And in case you are wondering There are very good reasons for that Avira's own Secure Browser BETA released Nowadays the top use-case for a computer is to access the internet using a browser The infrastructure of the internet is run by different entities routers DNS servers The homepages contain executable code that is run in the browser Manifold data formats are used in the net HTML JS CSS PNG SVG video formats All in all it s a well connected and extremely complex system And it is used to access valuable data online banking shopping medical research looking for a new job a disaster waiting to happen The browser developers Mozilla and community Google and community and Microsoft are putting lots of resources into securing those Avira's own Secure Browser BETA released browsers And they are doing a very impressive job But the threats online are not getting less There are a lot of them Phising insecure Wifis malware drive-by trackers you name them This needs fixing Basically there are three points to secure The client your PC and browser Detect attacks and block them The Internet infrastructure like Wifis End-to-End encryption fixes that The server like the site that is trying to phish you Identify and block This is our opportunity to improve the situation For the first time ever we can go beyond add-on and have more of an add-in This means More options to secure the system While the browser vendors have to produce a one-size-fits-all we can center on a more security aware customer base We have lots of backend databases knowing the dangerous places in the internet While high-end security extensions Noscript focus on the skilled user we will build a system with an auto-pilot basing the security decissions on our backend databases and our experience This auto pilot will also automate repetitive tasks away Before you ask Skilled users can take over the wheel and override it You can install additional extensions It is your browser after all The whole project is based on extensions and chromium Both are Open Source We will pay for our ride We contribute to them to guarantee a perfect browsing experience Of course we will also integrate our Avira technology Full Article https blog avira com aviras-secure-browser More info can be found at the Avira betacenter https betacenter avira com callout callid D FDB C E B F nbsp

A:Avira's own Secure Browser BETA released

Looks good i will have to test it out

https://malwaretips.com/threads/aviras-own-secure-browser-beta-released.47973/
Relevancy 31.39%

SAFEAPPS BY AVIRA - https://safeapps.avira.com/en/

As posted here (Avira Browser Safety BETA for Chrome, Firefox, Opera) as of v.1.5.0 of the Avira Browser Safety (BETA) now includes PUA Protection.

Download sites that contain Potentially Unwanted Applications are flagged by ABS v1.5 and recommend users to download the software from Avira.

This site lists software scanned and reviewed by Avira, all downloads are PUP/PUA-Free.

Still in BETA.

Edit: Altered thread title

A:Avira SafeApps BETA - PUP/PUA-free Windows software Downloads

If you check in uBlock you can have the same thing

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-safeapps-beta-pup-pua-free-windows-software-downloads.51118/
Relevancy 32.25%

Source Anti-virus U com Blog Avira Available for Download Avira 2016 products Security Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG has announced the release of Avira products line Avira Antivirus Pro Avira Internet Security Suite Avira Ultimate Protection Suite and Avira Antivirus Pro for Android The new version of Avira consumer products boasts top detection rates cloud-based Real-Time Protection and excellent usability In the year of its th anniversary Avira is going from strength to strength The new version offers optimal protection from viruses Trojans and more and is also extremely user-friendly Over the last few Avira Security 2016 products years usability has been confirmed repeatedly by leading test Avira Security 2016 products companies Stiftung Warentest rated Avira Internet Security Suite as quot VERY GOOD quot in the quot Handling quot category and AV-TEST confirmed that Avira Antivirus Pro was the easiest to use protection software on the market Best Usability Award for versions Download your Avira product Now Visit our Downloads page and try it before you buy it Click Here to Save up to on Avira products line - LIMITED TIME OFFER Let s see what s new Avira Antivirus Pro Avira Antivirus Pro includes Antivirus Advanced Real-Time Protection AntiAd Spyware Web Protection Browser Safety Mail Protection Network Drive Protection Online Essentials Premium Support Avira Internet Security Suite Avira Internet Security Suite includes Antivirus Advanced Real-Time Protection AntiAd Spyware Web Protection Browser Safety Mail Protection Network Drive Protection Online Essentials Premium Support Additional Avira System Speedup PC performance tune-up tool It removes unused files safely and thoroughly so your PC runs quickly and correctly again Avira Antivirus Pro for Android Avira Antivirus Pro for Android includes App Scanner On-demand Scanner App Lock Blacklist Safe surfing Hourly updates Remote alarm trigger Remote Location Tracking Remote Lock Remote Wipe Owner Notification Premium Support nbsp

A:Avira Security 2016 products

Still it lacks some conventional products that can be more flexible like Sandbox implementation, BB or possible HIPS as a final resort for bypass protection.

Even though Avira Browser is at Beta, it seems having a sandbox feature is too way common and a must for every products.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-security-2016-products.50232/
Relevancy 32.68%

In case Avira Rescue System is able to detect the Windows installation on any of your HDDs, you will also have the possibility to modify manually the system registry, which may take care of some problems which prevent the computer form booting correctly.

All in all, Avira Rescue System offers a rather easy to use set of tools that will prove very valuable for anyone troubleshooting a system that is either virused or otherwise damaged.

Avira Rescue System Download
Avira Rescue System Download

A:Avira Rescue System

Thank you! I will add this too my tools! Appreciated!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-rescue-system.50965/
Relevancy 31.82%

So I thought I'd try out Spyshelter, since it is on sale for 50% off. But I think I read that Avira IS 2015 was weak on zero day.

Maybe a cloud scanner added to what I already have would be a good choice. What do u think. All advice is appreciated.

What else do I need. I have Avira IS 2015, Heimdal, Hitman (demand scan only), and Spyshelter.

Oh one more question. I have uninstalled Keyscrambler Premium in order to try Spyshelter, I can't run both right, since they do the same thing.

A:What else do I need. I have Avira IS 2015, Heimdal, Hitman, and Spyshelter.

Rod McCarthy said:

So I thought I'd try out Spyshelter, since it is on sale for 50% off. But I think I read that Avira IS 2015 was weak on zero day.

Maybe a cloud scanner added to what I already have would be a good choice. What do u think. All advice is appreciated.

What else do I need. I have Avira IS 2015, Heimdal, Hitman (demand scan only), and Spyshelter.Click to expand...

Avira's claim to fame is its good signatures, fast file verdicts and ability to detect polymorphism... it is not a zero-day protection really. Zero-day will be addressed by SpyShelter before any of the other softs.

If you are using SpyShelter Firewall along with Avira, Heimdal, HitmanPro you already have enough in terms of malware protections - but that is just my opinion. Others will suggest additional softs...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/what-else-do-i-need-i-have-avira-is-2015-heimdal-hitman-and-spyshelter.50002/
Relevancy 33.11%

Avira claims 99.99% in malware detection but most of the samples downloaded from MT is undetected only one or two out of ten are detected is Avira going down the hill ?

A:Will Avira Really detects 99.99% ?

Yes.

Also known as marketing.

Avira's detection isn't going downhill, because it's not based on missed samples.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/will-avira-really-detects-99-99.46509/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey,

we are about to start a new beta project which might be interesting for you as well:

Avira Software Updater beta

https://betacenter.avira.com/callout/?callid=A8EE28AE268940B683B60DC94982CED4

Found on Wilders Security Forum on page 142

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/avira.345492/page-142

A:Avira Software Updater

I preferabely stick with PatchMyPC , but thanks for the info anyhoe

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-software-updater.45949/
Relevancy 32.68%

Since last AV-COMPARATIVE review, where avira got 1st place on detection rate and 1st place on real time protection, i use it on my pc, and despite a little slow down, i'm happy with it.

But i can't stop thinking maybe it's not that good, due to many reviews i've seen confusing me (some of them show this AV as an awsome one, some others make it look crap)

You, Avira users, fully recommend it?

I'm looking for low system impact but great great detection and real time protection. (if not, what do you recommend with this aforementioned points?

Thanks in advance MalwareTips users!

A:Do you fully recommend Avira?

Avira is strong as a reactive protection, It has low or no proactive detection at all. I'd go with ESET rather than Avira, in my opinion; ESET has more to offer.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/do-you-fully-recommend-avira.45568/
Relevancy 32.25%

Avira is preparing the ultimate offer with an energy shield strong enough to restore freedom to the Internet.
The countdown continues....
watch trailer:
https://www.avira.com/en/may-fourth-teaser

A:AVIRA FOURTH - The countdown continues

MikeV said:

Avira is preparing the ultimate offer with an energy shield strong enough to restore freedom to the Internet.
The countdown continues....
watch trailer:
https://www.avira.com/en/may-fourth-teaserClick to expand...

Media hype...

It's a crock.

Phoooeeeey...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-fourth-the-countdown-continues.45425/
Relevancy 32.25%

Bugfixes:

Update via fusebundle can't be performed without an active internet connection

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-beta-build-15-0-10-434-update-10.45142/
Relevancy 31.82%

I am still using Avira Free AV due to problems I had with the automatic update in November I am wondering if the new version includes any Firefox extension add-ons - like Avira SafeSearch Avira SearchFree Toolbar plus Web Protection Avira Browser Safety If so can anyone verify that they were easily able to disable those extensions thru Avira or remove them If not I ll have to hack the WindowXP Registry to keep Firefox from finding those extensions because disabling those extensions thru the Firefox Add- ns Manager is out of the question browser Firefox and Avira 15 Free extensions due to the ridiculous number of Profiles I have - triple digits the last time I counted them all - on my main Logon Account and in my Admin Logon Account I have been using Avira Free specifically because it doesn t include Firefox extensions of that nature other than the version where there was one Firefox extension that was subsequently removed a month or two after version was released Thanks Ed nbsp

A:Avira Free 15 and Firefox browser extensions

Avira Free Antivirus has not a add-on or a toolbar. On the latest versions, I did not see any toolbar (Ask) or add-on installition.
Maybe you saw Avira Browser Safety add-on for Firefox. You can get it from HERE. It is not included into installers. Avira Browser Safety is one of the great add-on on the market imho.
But you can able to remove and disable it from your Firefox. There is no compulsion!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-free-15-and-firefox-browser-extensions.41635/
Relevancy 31.82%

Avira Antivirus Pro - Network Protection Alpha As a result of the feedback we ve received through the Avira Beta Center and Support for our Avira Web Protection module in the past we ve decided to redo the module Those are the improvements and features added with the new Avira Network Protection Alpha Scan HTTP traffic on all ports Unlimited numbers of parallel connections Improved performance Reduced resource footprint Improved technical handling of whitelisted connections A number of people here in the Beta Center and customers had problems while browsing the internet and received so called quot whitepages quot we hope to resolve this issue with the alpha version as well Test instructions Please be aware that this is a alpha version which has - Avira Network Protection Antivirus Pro Alpha been tested thoroughly by our QA and development but does not have the same quality as a beta or released product Errors or data loss may occur Uninstall previous Avira Antivirus versions on your system before you install this alpha build Technically speaking this is the latest quot Antivirus Pro quot beta version where the web protection module has been replaced Please use the attached quot Avira Antivirus Pro key quot beta license when you are asked for it during the installation dialog quot I already have a valid license file quot Due to the very high version number this build will never reach beta or RTM status In order to proceed with beta testing afterwards you need to uninstall this version first Feedback Please use the software while you are surfing the internet like you would normally do In case you experience any difficulties use our Bug Report Form and choose quot Avira Antivirus Pro - Network Protection Alpha quot as product https betacenter avira com nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-antivirus-pro-network-protection-alpha.44407/
Relevancy 32.25%

Avira Android Security v.3.7 Released

Download Avira Android Security v.3.7: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avira.android

Supported Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Korean and Japanese

Supported Platforms: Android 2.2 and higher

Avira Antivirus Security is supported on HTC, LG, Motorola, Samsung and Sony smartphones and tablets with normal, large and extra large screens

Avira Antivirus Security is one of the most popular security apps on the market. It has been tested, certified and awarded by a number of independent consumer organizations and testing institutes.

Changes in Avira Android Security v.3.7:
New feature: No registration is needed anymore to use Avira Antivirus Security
User Interface improvements
Bug Fixes

Homepage: http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-android-security

A:Avira Android Security v.3.7 Released

Avira Android Security v.3.8

Download Avira Android Security v.3.8:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avira.android

Changes in Avira Android Security 3.8:
New feature: Be in control of your device?s security by scheduling periodical scans
New feature: Decide if you desire that Avira scans your apps or your files only
New feature: Antivirus Engine Update can be performed at any time by premium users
User Interface Improvements
Bug Fixes

Homepage:http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-android-security

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-android-security-v-3-7-released.36922/
Relevancy 32.25%

Changelog 15.0.10.406 (Update 10)

Support for password protection

not working in Quarantine right now
Bugfixes

Fixed problem in drivers update

A:Avira beta build: 15.0.10.406 (Update 10)

There is more for this beta release

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-beta-build-15-0-10-406-update-10.44097/
Relevancy 32.25%

Please note that Update for Avira Version german english is now available for beta testing at the Avira Beta Center Existing installations will receive this update automatically New beta build Extracted from the changelog these are the latest Update 2015 Avira 10 15.0.10.378 Build changes for Update The Avira user interface is being revolutionized The new Avira user interface sticks firmly to its motto of quot Only the essentials quot Now it s even easier and faster for users to get an up-to-date view of their virus protection A clearly structured operating concept intuitive control elements and a modern attractive design don t need to be mutually exclusive new Avira Interface a new HTML-based common user interface shared between Avira 2015 Update 10 Build 15.0.10.378 Mac AV and Windows AV New Web Protection blocking pages Scheduled jobs now start minutes after the system start Support for Korean and Arabic version has been stopped those versions will be migrated to the english version Bugfixes Various improvements to the on-demand scanner Various improvments to the realtime scanner Installation and update improvements Compatibility improvements with Windows Security Avira 2015 Update 10 Build 15.0.10.378 Center Aligned publisher information in Programs amp Functions of Windows nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

Will Avira SafeSearch Plus replace SafeSearch http www avira com en avira-safesearch-plus Avira SafeSearch Plus for Browsers Plus Avira SafeSearch is a browser extension that red-flags infected websites in your search results It secures all searches on your homepage new tabs and gets set as your default search engine Avira SafeSearch Plus https chrome google com webstore detail avira-safesearch-plus khjilmcjipkeokomeekfnhkpbnhmgaje Avira SafeSearch https chrome Avira SafeSearch Plus for Browsers google com webstore detail avira-safesearch ldmiahjidflgnbiadknkmaimfpjkelng Description Convenient search in your browser from the security experts at Avira Ensure that you re only getting the safest results - Adds a lightweight unobtrusive search field to your browser - Utilizes Avira SafeSearch and URL Cloud technology - Shows the security rating for all search results before you click them - Enables you to make Avira SafeSearch your default search provider - Allows you to add Avira SafeSearch to your new tab page Avira will not present you advertisements or unwanted content and does not store your personal data Info Chrome may notify you that the Omnibox settings have been modified and offer you to restore changes made my this extension nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-safesearch-plus-for-browsers.43602/
Relevancy 31.82%

System optimization tools and apps are fairly popular on desktop PCs but also on mobile devices. They promise to free up space, memory or remove privacy-related information from the device they run on.

Avira Android Optimizer is a new application for Android by Avira that can be best described as a system optimizer as it includes various options to clean and optimize the system.

The application displays the current state of the system on start. There you find listed the available memory and storage, as well as cleaning projections so that you know how much memory or storage you can free up by running the application's cleaning tools.

If you are in a hurry, you can use the one tap boost option to run an automated optimization of the system.Click to expand...

Image taken from ghacks.net

Read More: http://www.ghacks.net/2015/03/15/avira-launches-free-android-optimizer/

A:Avira launches free Android Optimizer

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avira.optimizer

Avira Homepage for Android Optimizer: http://www.avira.com/en/avira-android-optimizer

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-launches-free-android-optimizer.43594/