Windows Support Forum

Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Installing SSD and Windows 7 64bit

Q: Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Installing SSD and Windows 7 64bit

Hello all!

I wonder if anyone could help me shed some light on the best process for the above subject.

I currently have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT (Vista 64bit) running two HDD's in RAID 0 (as from factory) I need to install Windows 7 64bit and would like to also install it onto the new SSD I have bought (Crucial 128GB) as an upgrade.

Could I simply take the current HDD's out (after backing up essential data) to keep safe as backup plan and add the SSD into slot 0 and install Windows 7?? Then possibly add say a 1tb storage drive to the system later?

One solution someone has sent my way is to clone the two 500gb RAID 0 drives to a single 1tb drive then install Windows 7 onto the new SSD and have both drives on a multiboot? Could this work?

I have seen/heard many versions of how to go about this install but no real evidence of a true way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Poke13

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Installing SSD and Windows 7 64bit

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Installing SSD and Windows 7 64bit

It takes 3-500GB drives to give you 1.3TB of storage space because of formatting over-head. 2-500GB drives will be considerably less than 1TB. Keep the 2-500's in a single RAID array and set the SSD as a separate partition for Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-xps-435mt-installing-ssd-and-windows-7-64bit.199415/
Relevancy 98.47%

Ok I have this Dell Studio XPS 435MT here is a link to show you
http://www.boilr.net/2009/02/13/review-dell-studio-xps-435mt-gets-the-job-done/comment-page-1/
and
http://www.desktopreview.com/default.asp?newsID=537
I want to upgrade the Dell Studio XPS 435MT.
I want to upgrade the case and memory and graphics card and power supply but the problem is how do i do this and is this possible?
Also can I install this : 24GB kit (8GBx3), 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-8500 memory module
and a 800 watt power supply and ATI Radeon HD 5870 and this ARMORSUIT
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/tw/microsite1/
is this possible??????????????????
can some one help me?

Relevancy 97.61%

Hello guys,

I would really appreciate any info on this subject if possible!

I have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT and I have seen a really good deal on a 120gb SSD drive and would like to replace my two 500gb HD's in RAID-0 setup, to hopefully speed up startup times and generally speed up the response of the PC, I also use it with Photoshop and 3D programs so I think this upgrade will help here too. I will probably just use each 500gb hard drives separately for storage or if possible set them up as RAID-0 again for storage but I guess just separately is safer.

My main question is how do I go about installing it?

I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit (Dell version). Can I just install this onto the new drive? Or do I have to uninstall from current set up first?

Thanks in advance.

Poke13

A:Installing SSD drive to Studio XPS 435MT

Do you already have a RAID array set up? If you dismantle the RAID array you will loose all data on both drives and you will have to re-build the array fresh. The 120GB SSD can be used like any hard drive, alone or in a RAID array, but its speed would be wasted in RAID

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-ssd-drive-to-studio-xps-435mt.170732/
Relevancy 97.61%

Manufacturer Dell Processor Intel Acirc reg Core acirc Upgrading Studio Dell 435MT XPS bdquo cent i - Processor MB L Cache GHz Memory GB DDR Tri-Channel SDRAM at MHz - DIMMs Hard Drive GB - RPM SATA Gb s MB Cache Video Card ATI Radeon HD MB Physics Card No Monitor ViewSonic Acirc reg VA wb quot LCD Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 435MT Soundcard Integrated Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 435MT Channel Audio Speakers Cyber Acoustics AC- Keyboard Dell Studio Consumer Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 435MT Multimedia Keyboard Mouse Wacom Graphire x USB Tablet Blue Mouse Surface Wacom Graphire x USB Tablet Blue Computer Case Stock Lol I d like to know what the best upgrades for it would be and which ones are the most budget friendly range total You may list all the upgrades but I m thinking of just upgrading the video card and or memory specifically for better gaming not too hardcore I play a couple of games like Skyrim and MMOs and drawing I draw in high resolutions I d also like to point out that I recently bought a laptop that is faster than this desktop and maybe I should just sell the desktop if it can t be too much better than the laptop Here are the specs - Inspiron R Notebook Inspiron - rd Gen Intel Core i - QM MB cache up to Ghz - GB DDR DIMM - Dell Chiclet Keyboard with Multi-touch Touchpad US English - High Definition p LED Display with Truelife - Intel HD Graphics HD Graphics - SRV Software for WIFI Wireless Card - TB RPM SATA Hard Drive Right now I m leaning toward selling it or giving it away to a friend if it can t be sold for much But if I can get it upgraded to a beastly status without spending too much then I might keep it I m new to upgrading and couldn t find the MT in the web page where I can find compatible upgrades for it that s why I m here Please help thanks

A:Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 435MT

100 USD is very little to upgrade. If you change just video card for similar latest generation say SAPPHIRE HD 7750 1GB already $110, it would not require upgrading power supply. Which windows you have, and is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Your memory is very small, if you have 64 bit Windows, however processor is still good, yes it is slower than your laptop, but RAM (memory) also counts, and Operating System? However your laptop would be difficult to upgrade for video card, if at all! Integrated video card in laptop would not allow you to play any serious games without lag and video issues.
Here little comparison for Skyrim only.
XPS 435 with addition of only Sapphire 7750 would allow you to play at Very High/Extremely High, however your memory is on the low side, if you have 64 bit OS upgrading memory is a must.
Laptop the way it is - Low / Medium settings. So Do you like to play your games with good video quality, or you don't care?
Very good detailed information on PC requirements can be found - at Skyrim:System Requirements.
So, if it would be me, if your XPS has 64 bit windows - I would keep it, upgrade video card and memory, spend definitely more than $100. If you have only 32 bit, I would think about it, but is is still possible and most likely would be more enjoyable than laptop play quality.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19488033
Relevancy 97.61%

Hello everyone I bought this PC about a year or ago and used it for gaming and some amazing multitasking With new games coming out and others adding new expansions it doesn t quite cut Studio Upgrading Dell XPS a 435MT it anymore I have already added more advanced cooling systems and am waiting for more RAM to show up in the mail but the main thing I want to do now is add a new Graphics Card and PSU to power the new graphics My budget will allow me to spend - dollars Upgrading a Dell Studio XPS 435MT on total I am a big fan of newegg com So I could really use some suggestions on what items to buy to make this happen One of the major constraints of this PC is the small box size I cant seem to find out the physical size of say a PSU that would fit into the box without causing any issues Also say a PSU that would still allow for proper cooling in my system Here is what I do know about my PC http support dell com support DPP Index aspx c us amp l en amp s dhs amp ServiceTag sz j Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 97.61%

I have a Dell Studio XPS MT Desktop that I have been making some upgrades on I have added new PSU GPU and some additional Dell XPS Upgrading Studio 435MT! my RAM OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i i i and AMD Phenom MSI Radeon HD GB DDR PCIe w HDMI Low Profile Kingston HyperX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model KHX C D K for GB Total I also replaced the motherboard as the machine was not working with previous one I have noticed the computer tends to run very hot and up to Deg as listed by speed fan Is it possible to add a new heatsink Is there one that would fit Upgrading my Dell Studio XPS 435MT! the tight confinements of this case I was thinking about this heatsink COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B Upgrading my Dell Studio XPS 435MT! - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i amp Intel Core i I m assuming I have no room to add an additional case fan I may also need to apply some new thermal paste to cool down CPU I would appreciate some feedback Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 96.32%

Hey everybody I have a Dell Studio XPS MT MT Mini Tower see below and it's current graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT which is getting long in the tooth I currently can't pony up the - to replace it and build my Studio Dell 435MT in a 660 - Superclocked Impossible? XPS GTX own so I decided to upgrade the RAM from GB to GB and slap in a kick-a graphics card to last me - years The system has a stock PSU which according to the spec page on Dell com PC is at home I'm away at school for the week it has a -watt PSU I already know the card will work with the Motherboard the card is PCI-express v but backwards-compatible with PCI-express v which is what I have My question is about the PSU Is watts enough for that card plus the rest of the components According to Newegg it needs a watt PSU as the minimum Plus I don't recall there being a power cable for the video card attached to the PSU My current video GTX 660 Superclocked in a Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Impossible? card I just had to put into the PCIe slot and I was good to go Is there likely a place for me to plug a power cable into the PSU for the video card Or am I gonna have to buy a new PSU as well I'm trying to get as much info as possible since I can't get access to the computer until Saturday

A:GTX 660 Superclocked in a Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Impossible?

I remember reading not to long ago that dell power supplies although the connectors are the same as other power supplies the wiring is different, So if you are going to try and save money and use a supply thats not dell you may want to look into this (just in case im right) or you will brick the whole computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/275075-gtx-660-superclocked-dell-studio-xps-435mt-impossible.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT Desktop computer. It is running W7 on 64 bit with an I7-920 CPU. I am looking to upgrade the RAM from the current 6 GB it has installed.

It has 6 slots. Is the maximum capacity 12 GB or 24 GB.

It currently has 6 1GB sticks with PC3-8500 DDR3 1066MHz.

I also have tried successfully Two 2GB STicks of Kingston DDR3 1333, PC3 10600, 667 MHZ.

On Crucial it states:

DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500, DDR3 PC3-12800
Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500, DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 24GB
Slots: 6
Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500, DDR3 PC3-12800 with a maximum of 4GB per slot.*

Does 4GB work in one Module or is the max 2GB per slot. What RAM configuration would work best? I hope someone can give me a few answers to my questions. Thanks.

Relevancy 96.32%

Computer won't respond to on/off button unless I disconnect network cable from back of computer. Doesn't happen all of the time. Shut down prior appears normal. Change PCI Express card?

A:Dell Studio XPS 435MT--periodically won't turn on

Which Windows version and bit version is running in that Dell Studio XPS 435MT desktop?
It looks like it was designed for Windows Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.

What PCI Express card are you referring to?

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-xps-435mt-periodically-wont-turn-on.1158814/
Relevancy 77.4%

After trying GiB DDR memory from G Skill Crucial and sets of for XPS $270 24 435MT working Studio Memory in GB Black Diamond - and getting the dreaded quot beep-beep quot memory POST failure whenever I put 24 GB Memory working in Studio XPS 435MT for $270 more than DIMM in a channel - I found memory that is recognized by the BIOS at the full GiB I ve been running with it for two weeks without a problem nbsp I ve run memtest and even have pushed it into heavy paging 24 GB Memory working in Studio XPS 435MT for $270 running 24 GB Memory working in Studio XPS 435MT for $270 some database tests in virtual machines nbsp I have a fast OCZ Vertex for pagefile sys so it can hard fault at an astonishing rate Although this screen says MHz the OS and other tools say MHz The DIMMs are Kingston KHX C D X K GX Normally per pair at http www frys com product site sr SEARCH MAIN RSLT PG but on sale in the Fry s stores for per pair nbsp Note that the page says that they are v but that s for MHz nbsp The default is v at MHz - look at the CPU-Z info below CPU-Z info CPU-Z version nbsp nbsp nbsp Chipset------------------------------------------------------------------------- Northbridge nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel X rev Southbridge nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel JR ICH R rev Graphic Interface nbsp nbsp PCI-ExpressPCI-E Link Width nbsp nbsp x PCI-E Max Link Width nbsp nbsp x Memory Type nbsp nbsp nbsp DDR Memory Size nbsp nbsp nbsp MBytesChannels nbsp nbsp nbsp TripleMemory Frequency nbsp nbsp MHz CAS latency CL nbsp nbsp RAS to CAS delay tRCD nbsp RAS Precharge tRP nbsp nbsp Cycle Time tRAS nbsp nbsp Row Refresh Cycle Time tRFC nbsp Command Rate CR nbsp nbsp TUncore Frequency nbsp nbsp MHz Memory SPD------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIMM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SMBus address nbsp nbsp x nbsp Memory type nbsp nbsp DDR nbsp Module format nbsp nbsp UDIMM nbsp Manufacturer ID nbsp Kingston F nbsp Size nbsp nbsp nbsp MBytes nbsp Max bandwidth nbsp nbsp PC - MHz nbsp Part number nbsp nbsp - A LF nbsp Serial number nbsp nbsp A nbsp Manufacturing date nbsp Week Year nbsp Number of banks nbsp nbsp nbsp Nominal Voltage nbsp nbsp Volts nbsp EPP nbsp nbsp nbsp no nbsp XMP nbsp nbsp nbsp yes nbsp XMP revision nbsp nbsp JEDEC timings table nbsp nbsp CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRC frequency nbsp JEDEC nbsp nbsp - - - - MHz nbsp JEDEC nbsp nbsp - - - - MHz nbsp JEDEC nbsp nbsp - - - - MHz nbsp JEDEC nbsp nbsp - - - - MHzXMP profile nbsp nbsp nbsp XMP- nbsp Specification nbsp nbsp PC - nbsp Voltage level nbsp nbsp Volts nbsp Min Cycle time nbsp nbsp ns MHz nbsp Min tRP nbsp nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRCD nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tWR nbsp nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRAS nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRC nbsp nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRFC nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRTP nbsp nbsp ns nbsp Min tRRD nbsp nbsp nsXMP timings table nbsp nbsp CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRC-CR frequency voltage nbsp XMP nbsp nbsp nbsp - - - - - T MHz Volts nbsp XMP nbsp nbsp nbsp - - - - - T MHz Volts nbsp XMP nbsp nbsp nbsp - - - - - T MHz Volts nbsp XMP nbsp nbsp nbsp - - - - - T MHz Volts DIMM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - same as DIMM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SPD registers nbsp nbsp nbsp A B C D E F nbsp nbsp B C C nbsp nbsp C C F nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp F nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp A A F nbsp nbsp D E C nbsp nbsp AD nbsp A nbsp nbsp B nbsp C A D A A C A nbsp C nbsp A E F C F C nbsp D nbsp nbsp E nbsp nbsp F nbsp A DIMM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - same as DMI------------------------------------------------------------------------- DMI BIOS nbsp nbsp nbsp vendor nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Inc nbsp version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp date nbsp nbsp nbsp DMI System Information nbsp nbsp nbsp manufacturer nbsp nbsp Dell Inc nbsp product nbsp nbsp nbsp Studio XPS MT nbsp version nbsp nbsp nbsp unknown DMI Baseboard nbsp nbsp nbsp vendor nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Inc nbsp model nbsp nbsp nbsp R J nbsp revision nbsp nbsp A DMI System Enclosure nbsp nbsp nbsp manufacturer nbsp nbsp Dell Inc nbsp chassis type nbsp nbsp Desktop DMI Processor nbsp nbs... Read more

A:24 GB Memory working in Studio XPS 435MT for $270

EDIT:  Below is for a 435T/9000, which although released about the same time, is a different model than the 435MT.  However, both are X58 boards that have 6 tri-channel memory slots.  Memory that works in one will probably work in the other.  Try at your own expense/risk (although $67 for a 2x8GB kit or $35 for a single 8GB isn't bad - link)...
----
Stress testing 48GB in my 435T/9000 now.  So far so good.  BIOS and Pre-boot System Assessment memory test both recognize all 48GB.  Windows 7 Ultimate and HWiNFO recognizes 48GB.  Using 6 x 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 CL9.  
Memory details:  Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) UDIMM Memory BLS2KIT8G3D1609DS1S00/ BLS2CP8G3D1609DS1S00
Bought 3 of these 2 x 8GB kits.  Will only run at 1066 in the 435T/9000, of course, but with good CL6 timings, I believe.
The large internet retailer that reminds one of a jungle has them cheap right now...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19368276
Relevancy 76.54%

My ISP has recently up-graded my broad band speed to 50meg.
The wi-fi card in my laptop can only cope with 20meg - the card is a DW1397 to 802.11g standard.
My laptop currently does not have bluetooth, so I'm looking for a combined card to up-grade the wi-fi to 802.11n standard and add bluetooth to enable both my phone and table to talk to my laptop.
Any ideas/advise would appreciated.

A:Dell Studio 1555 win 7 sp1 64bit

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... The Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Minicard should work in your System ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359031-dell-studio-1555-win-7-sp1-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.54%

For any of you looking to revive your 435 try Win8 and a ASUS GeForce GTX 650 1GB DDR5 PCI-E Video Card. You can even keep your 360w power supply as this card outperforms the OEM Radoen HD 4850 and sips about 40w less power.
Win 8 set me back $15, and the GeForce can be had for about $125. For the first time i can run those Dell Video testing routines without stuttering. I haven’t bothered to overclock it yet but it comes with software that will easily change voltages, clocks etc.

A:Studio XPS 435MT ... a new life with win8 and GTX 650 1GB DDR5

The only problem on this model is how Dell put the PCI Express X16 slot near the bottom of the case giving dual slot cards very little room to breathe.  Hopefully, things stay cool enough for you.  The GTX 650 is a pretty decent card and a good choice for the power supply.  However, for the same cost, you can get the better HD 7770 which would work also.  Those old 4800 series cards were real power hogs.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19495446
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all, I own a DELL Studio XPS 435MT with an ATI radeon HD 4800 series that just died on me last weekend. I am mostly using my PC for Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and a bit of Premiere. I am thinking of replacing the GPU by a Nvidia Quadro card. I am wondering if the K620 would be enough and suited for this computer? My other option is the K2000D. What would be the best? And, are those cards compatible with my PC? Thanks in advance for letting me know. Regards

A:Nvidia Graphic card for Studio XPS 435MT

K620 is nowhere near the HD4800.
https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Video-Graphics-Cards-VCQK4200-PB/dp/B00MPXRZE4
K4200 would be the replacement.
https://www.pny.com/nvidia-quadro-k4200?sku=VCQK4200-PB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19990387
Relevancy 76.54%

I usually leave my machines on permanently as they are set to download and install updates overnight, only switching off the monitors. Went on holiday and turned everything off but on my return the XPS would not respond to the power button - green light on the PS is on, but dim, amber light on the motherboard is on. Reseated the power cables, no change. Jumpered the green cable on the 24pin connector to a black one - PS fan starts up, but still no boot up. I suspect the PS is faulty but I am having difficulty locating an exact replacement - proprietary ones do not seem to have all the necessary cables.
I have found a 'Dell DW002 H750E-01 XPS 630 750W 24-Pin Power Supply' online - can anyone say if this will work in the XPS Studio 435mt?
Or can you suggest an alternative?
Regards
M

A:Replacement power supply for XPS Studio 435mt

FIRCROFTSTAR 
A Dell OEM 475W Power Supply PSU For Studio XPS 435 MT / 8000 / 9000 Systems Part Number: F217J, VP-9500073-000, can be found Here:
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Dell-Supply-Studio-Systems/dp/B003YM0S80
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992213
Relevancy 75.68%

Anyone's help would be appreciated.

A few years back, I bought a Dell Latitude with Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit preinstalled with no COA disk.

I recently picked up a few viruses that I've determined require me to completely reformat the disk and start anew. However, I don't have the original OS disk but do intend to purchase one.

My question is: Can I install a new Windows 7 pro OS COA on a Dell motherboard without violating any of Dell's rules and requirements, and will it install and work properly? I fear that Dell is too proprietary with its components that could bar me from installing the OS properly.

Any unsolicited suggestions and comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Installing Windows 7 pro 64bit OEM COA on Dell motherboard

An OEM copy is tied to the motherboard that it was installed on so unless you bought a special license for multiple computers it will not activate on the new motherboard even if it is also a dell. That is the downside to using an OEM license. You will need a retail copy to transfer it to a new motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397676-installing-windows-7-pro-64bit-oem-coa-dell-motherboard.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Judging by Dell s current take on the upgrade? BIOS potential Studio Overclocking & 435MT - XPS 435T overclocking subject I imagine that it Studio XPS 435MT & 435T Overclocking potential - BIOS upgrade? s true that the new i Studio XPS system cannot be overclocked even though other manufacturers using the i solution report great results overclocking the i nbsp Indeed even CNET reviews such a system making the comparison between the Studio XPS pretty stark given the similar specs elsewhere nbsp I believe they overclocked the Velocity Micro i system to GHz with no issues reported Is there a chance that Dell will be offering a BIOS upgrade that will allow the ability to safely overclock nbsp Or BIOS update to allow for Mhz RAM to work as stated in the MT manual On a second issue I ve seen reports that the X chipset board actually will allow for a maximum RAM of near GB double the Dell s reported maximum of nbsp Will the Dell eventually allow for GB nbsp On the other hand I ve seen max reports too nbsp Just wondering where it will really fall for the ultimate upgrade nbsp EDIT nbsp Appears the T board will allow for GB MT stands for Mini Tower and T stands for Tower Thanks for any insight here - kh

A:Studio XPS 435MT & 435T Overclocking potential - BIOS upgrade?

I also hope a bios for overclock. Also the current one is too simple, even doesn't display the fan speed.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19252748
Relevancy 74.82%

Okay so my brother's gf has a dell laptop and is trying to install windows 7 64bit on it. When they run through the setup it gives them the error - “Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware." How can they resolve this? Thanks in advance.

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit on a Dell M4700 laptop. Help Plz

Please answe the following 3 questions.

Why are they installing windows 7 on it ?

What OS original came with the laptop ? It will tell you on the COA

Where did they windows 7 installer come from ?

Go into the bios, set it to default (F5) save (F10) and exit.

Try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389147-installing-windows-7-64bit-dell-m4700-laptop-help-plz.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Alrighty I ve got a bit of a perplexing problem My Four ish month old laptop has taken on a new annoying bad habit Occasionally when left to idle for longer than about minutes it ll quietly blue screen restart itself to the user selection screen and then be completely fine However it isn t consistently BSoDing Often I can leave it set for hours and hours while I do chores or work on something else and it will happily sit still and wait for my return On the flip side it never BSoDs when I m using it On days when I have to do a lot of work or even extended WoW sessions with friends it runs like clockwork for hours on end I ve never had any major errors I frequently scan for spyware adaware viruses avast and nothing other than a few cookies in adaware ever comes up My computer s temperature consistently runs between F- F and if idling usually between - I can t recall downloading or installing anything that would cause this While it isn t a major concern it is annoying and BSoDs are actually kind of serious I checked to see if it was that silly screensaver that a few people on here had talked about and unfortunately it isn t Apparently I m actually BSoDing Any tips tricks Dell Studio/Vista idle crashes computer 64bit when questions and or advice would be greatly appreciated PS I figured due to the peculiar nature of this crashing that it is probably a security issue rather than Dell Studio/Vista 64bit computer crashes when idle something hardware related If anyone feels that this belongs in a different category feel free to ask me to repost or move the thread to another section Anything that will help me fix this annoyance would be amazing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-vista-64bit-computer-crashes-when-idle.873520/
Relevancy 68.8%

Have Vista Home Premium OS and Google is dropping support to Chrome browser for this OS.  Can I install windows 8.1 and extend the operating life (is it compatible)?

A:Dell XPS 435MT

See this--windows.microsoft.com/.../upgrade-from-windows-vista-xp-tutorial
It has the upgrade assistant that will tell you if can run it.
But since you will have to buy the windows 8.1 upgrade why not consider replacing the computer. Have you tried Firefox?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19670357
Relevancy 68.8%

The new part came with a thin grey square pad in the area that goes over CPU. Its not as thick as the thermal pads on the rest of heat sink. The old one seams to only have used a paste i guess it has a soft like rubber feel. I know I need to clean that stuff off of old CPU. But for the new one do I install it with the thin grey pad on heat sink and use nothing or use thermal paste also or scrape  off the grey pad on new heat sink and apply thermal paste. Im confused 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988311
Relevancy 68.8%

Dell Studio 1535

I've successfully installed Windows 7 on a clients laptop, the thing is the touchpad won't scroll anymore after having installed W7.

I have all the drivers and everything, even the driver for the touchpad.

I just can't figure out to set/configure the touchpad to scroll again.

Note: The touchpad itself does work, but it just won't scroll.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Dell Studio 1535 touchpad won't scroll after installing W7

Do you have x86 or x64 Windows 7? You say you have the drivers, confirm that it is these (pick for your correct version)

32 Bit

64 Bit

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188474-dell-studio-1535-touchpad-wont-scroll-after-installing-w7.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a xps 435mt. This computers hardware is more than capable to run Windows 10. I paid big money for this system to last and still going strong. I am disappointed in Dell for this statement.......Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected. This would be a realistic statement if this computers hardware was not capable of running Windows 10. So I guess with that said, no need to purchase another Windows based pc from dell.

A:Dumped by Dell Xps 435mt

Dell only test system models which are within their warranty period. This system was released at the end of 2008. Assuming at most the warranty was for 3 years and the system was sold 1 year after release date that takes you to the end of 2012...
Like most Dell systems sold after 2008 the system will run Windows 10 RS1 64 Bit fine.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989500
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello everyone!
I have been thinking about upgrading my video card and since the launch of the GTX 1070 I have been thinking about it more.
I did read someone who fitted a GTX 780 (reference blower) into the 435MT case a few years back and just wondered what peoples thoughts were on the above?
If the 1070 fits does anyone see any issues with running it on the old 435MT motherboard? I know it has PCI express 2.0 and not 3.0 but from what I know this will only reduce performance buy a few frames. 
To note I have already upgraded my power supply to a EVGA Gold 650W after the original died.
System specs: 
i7 920 CPU
Original 435MT motherboard
24gb Kingston RAM
120Gb Crucial SSD
1tb WD Black HDD
EVGA Gold 650W PSU

Any info much appreciated!
Poke13

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19984442
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello This is my first post to this site but I Dell OS 435MT issue reinstall ve been reading for quite some time Hopefully someone will know what s going Dell 435MT OS reinstall issue on here I ve got a Dell MT it s the Core i- GB RAM HD Raedon video card I m having a problem with a fresh install of windows x I ve tried this with both professional and home premium Here is what happens Boot to CD follow prompts choose quot custom quot for installation Choose primary partition Click Install the machine works and reboots once then comes back for the quot completing installation quot portion At some point here the monitor goes dark and into powersave mode and shortly thereafter will reboot From here when the machine comes back on I see the quot starting windows quot screen and then the monitor will go dark again into powersave There are no further reboots after this the machine just sits there Powered on and not responding Has anyone else seen this issue for this particular setup Is there a known driver issue with this machine Any input is appreciated Thanks Andy

A:Dell 435MT OS reinstall issue

Hi,

Any changes to the hardware configuration lately? More ram, etc. ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464250/dell-435mt-os-reinstall-issue/
Relevancy 67.51%

Upon removing the bottom panel on my Dell Studio 1747 notebook to install a second hard drive, I found there is no drive bay or connector present for the second hard drive. The hard drive came with nothing more than itself. What should I do?

Relevancy 66.22%

XPS MT i processor extreme thats what Dell is calling it core GB DDR Memory sticks Gigabit Ethernet Windows Vista Home Prem bit upgraded to Windows odd Dell XPS configuration Shows and 435mt proc Memory Home Prem Bit Ok in the original Vista and now in the Windows the customer upgraded to it Dell XPS 435mt Shows odd Memory and proc configuration shows in the properties box and in task manager that gb of memory is available When I tested Ram I pulled all but stick in the Black slot closest to the proc I inserted gb stick and booted I get beeps pause beeps as if there is no ram inserted Dell XPS 435mt Shows odd Memory and proc configuration I installed a Gb stick in that slot and get the beeps in the next slot which is white it boots but says GB Dell XPS 435mt Shows odd Memory and proc configuration installed gb usable the i core shows as a dual core I swapped out an i dual core and it shows a single core I ran an MRI Hardware test on it Eurosoft pc-check and it shows no errors and ran as a core I pulled the heatsink to replace the thermal paste and checked the numbers it is indeed an i extreme core proc With all of that I am going to assume that the motherboard is hosed I just am hoping for either a confirmation or a direction for testing

A:Dell XPS 435mt Shows odd Memory and proc configuration

The Dell community (users helping users forum) would be the best place since there are people there familiar with Dell hardware.

The desktop hardware section would be the place to start.
Desktop - Dell Community

I used to work the Dell forums (10 years) and Dell's have had a history of memory compatibility with non-Dell branded memory. For that reason we always recommended Crucial Memory as it was guaranteed to work in Dell's. Other brands will work but its hit or miss.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/284164-dell-xps-435mt-shows-odd-memory-proc-configuration.html
Relevancy 64.07%

In the past few weeks I have received several BSOD during regular use of the laptop

The system is Windows 7 x64, however the original OS was Vista and i upgraded (not from a fresh install the upgrade disk), if this helps.

Please find attached system health report and BSOD Dump & System File Collection

Any help is much appreciated I have looked at the dump files myself in WinDbg and it appears to be a problem with IE but my knowledge is limited

A:Studio 1555 Laptop Sporadic BSOD (Windows 7 64Bit)

Quote: Originally Posted by Meverett

In the past few weeks I have received several BSOD during regular use of the laptop

The system is Windows 7 x64, however the original OS was Vista and i upgraded (not from a fresh install the upgrade disk), if this helps.

Please find attached system health report and BSOD Dump & System File Collection

Any help is much appreciated I have looked at the dump files myself in WinDbg and it appears to be a problem with IE but my knowledge is limited

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205063-studio-1555-laptop-sporadic-bsod-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I am using Dell studio 15 and windows 7 operating system. I want to use the 30days train version software more than 30days. My question is

1. Is it possible to use 30days trail version into more than 30days?
2. How can we achieve this
3. How to set the system date to use 30days trail version morethan 30days?
4. If we I put Virtual machine(ex. Windows -2003) and if i use this 30days will trail version will expire in 30 days.

Please help me

A:Dell Studio-15 Windows 7

Windows 7 Enterprise | 90-day Trial, Evaluation, Test, Download

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-studio-15-windows-7-a-591659.html
Relevancy 59.77%

nbsp nbsp nbsp DELL 435 STUDIO AUDIO 10 PRO WINDOWS NO XPS nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DELL STUDIO XPS 435 WINDOWS 10 PRO NO AUDIO nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DELL STUDIO XPS 435 WINDOWS 10 PRO NO AUDIO nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Hi I have a serious issue I have just upgraded to Windows Pro The very first Windows update without even touching the keyboard will automatically download is the following troublesome one Realtek High Definition Audio Driver version nbsp This affects the sound over the external speakers as no sound DELL STUDIO XPS 435 WINDOWS 10 PRO NO AUDIO thereafter Before this download the sound over the external speakers is normal and loud I even used Microsoft s recommended nbsp wushowhide diagcab nbsp I ran that tool It caught the driver and HID the driver only for windows update to override it and there goes the hidden driver The driver downloads again I remove it from Add and Remove and restart and before u know it within seconds before u can think of another solution the driver is installed and the sound disappears again For Dell Studio XPS mt this is a big problem Please help me get rid of this download once and for all permanently It you could e mail me on lt ADMIN NOTE Email id removed per privacy policy gt nbsp I will be glad Regards Moe

A:DELL STUDIO XPS 435 WINDOWS 10 PRO NO AUDIO

Hello - I am having the same issue... I do get sound but it is very low and tinny over very good Bose speakers which were find under 7. I have Del xps 435MT on Win10 as well. 
I was even thinking of adding a PCIe sound card in the hope that it would override the current audio driver and hardware. Thoughts? thanks John

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19647725
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Studio 1737 laptop running windows 7 64 bit home premium, i know windows 10 is not supported for this model laptop but I was wondering if anyone has tried installing windows 10 on one of these and what the problems are if any.
Many Thanks
Victor

A:Dell Studio 1737 Windows 10

VA27000,
The problem would be that some of the hardware would not function properly;if all. This is due to not having the needed drivers for Windows 10. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19979848
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok so my computer was working fine the day before. then the next day it went to boot to windows 7 it showed the logo then just restarted and it would just do it over again. tried all the repair restore points, and even factory reset! still nothing! im thinking it might be my hard drive? can anyone help???

dell studio intel i3 500gigs SATA 4gigs ram windows 7

A:Windows 7 keeps restarting!!! dell studio!! help please!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-keeps-restarting-dell-studio-help-please.999947/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there,

I have a dell studio 1558 laptop with windows 7 home premium. I have an issue wherein windows 7 restarts itself. It does throw a BSOD but I can't capture/see that as it immediately restarts after that. I read somewhere in this forum that i should uncheck the option "automatically restart on system failure" in system properties. But i can't even do that because the system restarts even before I get the login screen.
Same behavior is seen in safe mode. I tried almost all the options that appear when you press F8 key while booting. Any assistance in resolving this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Windows 7 on dell studio restarts itself.

Hi Welcome to TSF

DO you have a copy of windows 7 DVD?
if so try this
Repair Windows 7 Using the Startup Repair Tool

If not

Have you tried restoring from the recovery menu?

you can backup your files using Ubuntu live CD
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek

After that is done Get into the recovery by pressing F8 on dell logo screen when computer is booting
Reset it to factory default

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-on-dell-studio-restarts-itself-658948.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My anyone Windows Studio from 540 10? Dell 7 Has updated to a daughter has a Dell Studio running Windows Home Premium -bit and she's been asking me if it's OK to upgrade to Windows Since I live several hundred miles from her I didn't Has anyone updated a Dell Studio 540 from Windows 7 to 10? want to tell her to go ahead until I had a chance to check things out and now I'm wondering myself what to do I fired up some Dell utility for drivers and updates and it came back with a message that said the Studio had not been tested for compatibility with Windows and if an upgrade was attempted things might not work Of course that doesn't really mean they won't it only means that Dell hasn't tested anything and they're covering themselves just in case Now The Windows Upgrade Icon is in her system tray and it says that the machine was tested and found to be compatible with no issues found so drivers might exist from Microsoft So has anyone upgraded a Dell Studio If so what if any problems did you encounter

A:Has anyone updated a Dell Studio 540 from Windows 7 to 10?

Microsoft is often provided with drivers not designed specifically for the computer, which means updating is risky. It probably will work, but you always run the risk of crashing, or small problems like it having a hard time coming out of sleep mode, etc.

If she really wants it, she can try it out, and revert back if it doesn't work in month provided to revert.

To remove the tray icon, do this: Get Windows 10 Icon - Remove from Taskbar in Windows 7 and 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/31845-has-anyone-updated-dell-studio-540-windows-7-10-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Guys i need all the drivers of windows 7 for my dll studio 1555
my config is: 4gb ram,320gb hdd,256mb ati mobilit radeon hd 4570

A:Windows 7 drivers for Dell Studio 1555

Hi, so why can't you download them from Dell, is there a problem getting them or something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28145-windows-7-drivers-dell-studio-1555-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Is Dell not going to provide driver support for Dell Studio 1558 Laptop?If YES,   When?If NO,     Why? 

Post edited by natakuc4 (below the line) so the following information is at the top of the first page:
Studio 1558 - Windows 8 64 bit Drivers (unofficial)
Likely this will cover the Studio 1555 also. Post any additions you find on this forum and if anything doesn't work in the list.

A:Dell Studio 1558 Support for Windows 8

I have a Dell Studio 1558 Laptop.
I installed Windows 8 Pro.I'm facing few issues regarding driver compatibility.

Dell 365 Bluetooth driver is not installing; but I can use the Dell wireless bluetooth mouse. In the mouse, scroll isn't working; connection drops and after moving the mouse, it gets connected.  
Synaptics Touchpad driver is installed, Gestures for scroll (Vertical/horizontal) are working, Touchpad icon is shown in notification area; but after double-clicking Touch pad settings is NOT opening; I tried via Control Panel/mouse settings/Dell Touch Pad Settings also.
ST Microelectronics DE351DL Motion Sensor Driver  is NOT working.

Will Dell be releasing Windows 8 drivers for Studio 1558 Laptops?If yes, When?Thanks 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19473320
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys don't know if you can help Have a Dell Studio which came with Vista Home Premium installed It has GB Memory RAM Running Kaspersky internet security Checked Windows Upgrade Advisor and could not find anything that said it was not compatible with Windows So bought a copy of Windows Home Premium As recommended by Windows I uninstalled these programs - iTunes - ATI Catalyst Install Manager had to do this by selecting Change amp then uninstall in Control Panel Programs amp Features as no uninstall option with this program for some reason Checked system type - bit operating system So used the bit software When I tried to install it got error quot The upgrade was not successful Your previous version of windows is being restored 7 Studio 1535 on not loading Dell Windows Do not restart your computer during this time quot I know other people have been able to install Windows on this model Is there anything that Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 you can suggest I try I am not majorly Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 'techie' so if you can help please give basic instructions that a non techie person can follow Help Thanks

A:Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535

It is strongly recommended to do a Clean Install rather than an in-place Upgrade which imports any corruption from the prior OS.

Clean Install Windows 7 Boot the Win7 DVD, select Custom install, use Drive tools to format before installing Win7. The DVD will see the prior OS at bootup to allow use of Upgrade version key.

If there was ever a time for a fresh clean install it is with the best OS ever.

If you must for some reason do an in-place Upgrade at this time, try running it with a Clean Boot procedure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/76648-windows-7-not-loading-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have a Dell Studio XPS OEM Windows -bit installed my GPU is an nvidia geforce gt Sometimes Windows completely freezes even the mouse pointer and automatically shuts down after Freezes 8000, Windows 7 Studio Dell x64 XPS some minutes It started happening in January and happens from to times a day On the next windows start this message is shown sorry Dell Studio XPS 8000, Windows 7 x64 Freezes it's in Italian Quote Firma problema Nome evento problema BlueScreen Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA AB E BCP FFFFF D NOTE last digits always change BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product File che contribuiscono alla descrizione del problema C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp D Users Enrico AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata Dell Studio XPS 8000, Windows 7 x64 Freezes xml Seems like a BSoD happened but I didn't see any blue screen Every Dell's diagnostics utility say everything is working alright After a Windows clean install it seemed to stop happening for some days I did a google search on this error and it seems related to the GPU I did better testing on it I tried different nvidia drivers and but nothing resolved Sometimes it happens when I'm booting up my PC but it mostly happens while I'm actively using it GPU is not overclocked and the freeze happens even when its temperature is really low It didn't happen during the furmark benchmark EDIT When I link the monitor via VGA instead of HDMI I can see a BSoD after the freeze happens The system is still in warranty so I if I bring it back to the shop I will have it repaired for free but I'd like to try solving the problem without having to wait several weeks Thanks in advance for any input

A:Dell Studio XPS 8000, Windows 7 x64 Freezes

Quote: Originally Posted by Instabile

Hi, I have a Dell Studio XPS 8000, OEM Windows 7 64-bit installed, my GPU is an nvidia geforce gt 220.
Sometimes Windows completely freezes (even the mouse pointer), and automatically shuts down after some minutes.
It started happening in January 2011, and happens from 0 to 6 times a day.
On the next windows start, this message is shown (sorry, it's in Italian):

Quote:
Firma problema:
Nome evento problema: BlueScreen
Versione SO: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
ID impostazioni locali: 1040

Ulteriori informazioni sul problema:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80046AB4E0
BCP2: FFFFF88004D64428 // NOTE: last 8 digits always change
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

File che contribuiscono alla descrizione del problema:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022411-26629-01.dmp
D:\Users\Enrico\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-50715-0.sysdata.xml

Seems like a BSoD happened, but I didn't see any blue screen.
Every Dell's diagnostics utility say everything is working alright.
After a Windows clean install, it seemed to stop happening for some days.

I did a google search on this error, and it seems related to the GPU, I did better testing on it.
I tried different nvidia drivers (266.58 and 263.11), but nothing resolved.
Sometimes it happens when I'm booting up my PC, but it mostly happens while I'm actively using it.
GPU is not overclocked and the freeze happens even when its temperature is really low. It didn't happen during the furmark benchmark.

The following details are not confirmed, since I'm currently testing them:
It doesn't seem to happen while I use the PC without video driver, or when I link the PC to the screen using a VGA cable.
It only seems to happen when I link my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster T220HD) with an HDMI cable.

The system is still in warranty, so I if I bring it back to the shop I will have it repaired for free, but I'd like to try solving the problem without having to wait several weeks...

Thanks in advance for any input!

You have 5 different Bug Check codes and that is usually hardware. Since 2-3 of them are video related I share your suspicion that is it video driver, or card.

I would re-install the driver this way

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

I would also run a system file check to verify and repair system files. Neither should void your warranty.

If these both come back clean there are a few other things we can try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/146822-dell-studio-xps-8000-windows-7-x64-freezes.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys don t know if you can help Have a 7 1535 loading Windows not Dell on Studio Dell Studio which came with Vista Home Premium installed It has GB Memory RAM Checked and could not find anything that said it was not compatible with Windows So bought a copy of Windows Home Premium As recommended by Windows I uninstalled these programs - iTunes - ATI Catalyst Install Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 Manager had to do this by selecting Change amp then uninstall in Control Panel Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 Programs amp Features as no uninstall option with this program for some reason Checked system type - bit operating system So used the Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 bit software When I tried to install it got error quot The upgrade was not successful Your previous version of windows is being restored Do not restart your computer during this time quot I know other people have been able to install Windows on this model Is there anything that you can suggest I try I am a novice so if you can help please give basic instructions that a non techie person can follow Help I hate Vista Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Everyone:
I'm new to this site and after reading and reading and then some more I have no choice but to ask for help. I have a dell studio running Windows Vista Premium 32bit, ran the upgrade advisor and found that I can upgrade to W7 Premium. I bough an upgrade cd for W7 premium 32bit on ebay, it is from a Sony Vaio, it came with the activation number/key. Can I use the cd to upgrade my dell to W7?, if possible i would like to get rid of Vista completely, any suggestions. Thanks for your attention, JIM

A:Windows 7 from Vaio to Dell Studio, how in the world?

Might be worth having a read of this thread...

upgrading acer vista laptop with sony upgrade dvd

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/59031-windows-7-vaio-dell-studio-how-world.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I want to return my Dell Studio 1555 back to windows 7 from windows 10. I did not make back up DVD's of my original Windows 7 and now can't access the Dell Factory Restore function (F8, ctr F11). I do see the Recovery E drive, therefore assuming it is still installed and functional. I guess is installing windows 10 removes the ability to boot into the recovery partition and restore my dell. Is there anyway to restore the recovery function of my Dell Studio 1555 so I can restore back to original windows 7. Thanks for any information on this topic.

A:Returning my Dell Studio 1555 back to windows 7!

What's the exact "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on that Dell Studio 1555 laptop?
That laptop has driver support only for Windows XP and Vista and 7.
It was not tested for Windows 10 and provides no drivers for it.

If you live in the U.S.A., the factory restore/system recovery disc kit for it should be available here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/returning-my-dell-studio-1555-back-to-windows-7.1163644/
Relevancy 58.48%

ISSUE Windows - Studio 7 BSOD (64 - bit) Dell 116 BugCheck - 1558 BSOD BugCheck fffffa bcab fffff c ERROR Module load completed BSOD - Windows 7 (64 bit) - Dell Studio 1558 - BugCheck 116 but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag sys Probably caused by atikmpag sys atikmpag c Followup MachineOwner VIDEO TDR FAILURE Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed FAULTING IP atikmpag c fffff c ec sub rsp h DEFAULT BUCKET ID GRAPHICS DRIVER TDR FAULT BUGCHECK STR x I bought this machine in July and I have been having BSOD and Black screen issues ever since I have been on the phone with DELL times Two times they had me run a hardware test and the test always comes back with no issues I have attached a DUMP file as well as a mini dump file from a recent system crash BSOD When the machine goes Black and reboots I get a mini dump but no full dump file The Dell support folks are all over the map on this issue and have given me no satisfaction On e time they told me it was a virus and they would charge me to clean the machine I am running a good virus scanner and I am quite sure it is not a virus Another BSOD - Windows 7 (64 bit) - Dell Studio 1558 - BugCheck 116 time they told me to restore my machine to the original factory system but I am reluctant to do that since I have donwloaded a lot of software and customized the machine I also have purchased and religously used the Dell Data Safe Local Backup premium package The Dell support folks are clueless about the back up and restore of this package They have no idea what it will restore I have updated the BIOS and drivers ATI Driver file R exe Any help would be greatly appreciated The error I get is Quote BugCheck fffffa bcab fffff c ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag sys Probably caused by atikmpag sys atikmpag c Followup MachineOwner Quote STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP atikmpag c fffff c ec sub rsp h SYMBOL NAME atikmpag c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME atikmpag IMAGE NAME atikmpag sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b a a FAILURE BUCKET ID X x IMAGE atikmpag sys BUCKET ID X x IMAGE atikmpag sys Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD - Windows 7 (64 bit) - Dell Studio 1558 - BugCheck 116

Read this thread .. it applies specifically to the error you are getting...

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/122061-bsod-windows-7-64-bit-dell-studio-1558-bugcheck-116-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I just discovered that Dell has decided not to include my Studio XPS 8100 desktop for upgrades to Windows 10!  Why is this?  I have had Dell products for over 25 years and I have kept coming back because of my experience with Dell.  Unfortunately, this latest piece of news has just taken the wind out of my sails!  It appears that my only recourse is to by a new desktop!

A:Studio XPS 8100 = Why won't Dell support Windows 10 for this model?

The offer of a free upgrade from Win7/8.x to 10 comes from Microsoft, not DeLL.
Are you saying that DeLL has advised you that something in that system's hardware [software, or drivers] setup in not compatible with Win 10?   That's the only plausible explanation that comes to mind.
EDIT:   I believe some people have done so successfully... and hopefully one of them will reply here.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19667087
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently purchased Dell Studio with Windows Professional has issues with randomly restarting no warning blue screen and fairly frequent BSODs Between - times a Random Windows 1558 7 Restart Studio Dell day Laptop is not in motion when errors happen BlueScreenView Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String BUGCODE USB DRIVER Bug Check Code x fe Parameter Parameter fffffa a Parameter b Parameter fffffa bb Caused By Driver USBPORT SYS Caused By Address USBPORT SYS de e File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String BUGCODE USB DRIVER Bug Check Code x fe Parameter Parameter fffffa d a Parameter b Parameter fffffa c Caused By Driver USBPORT SYS Caused By Address USBPORT SYS de e File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String BUGCODE USB DRIVER Bug Check Code x fe Parameter Parameter fffffa b a Parameter b Parameter fffffa dc Caused By Driver USBPORT SYS Caused By Address USBPORT Dell Studio 1558 Windows 7 Random Restart SYS de e File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter fffffa d c a Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff acc da Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Dell Studio 1558 Windows 7 Random Restart Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Speccy http speccy piriform com results mZS Q EBuxesHCOThaVkIsJ

A:Dell Studio 1558 Windows 7 Random Restart

Refer to this site to see if it offers any help. Your bug-check code indicates a faulty USB Device or Driver.
http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/BUGCODE-USB-DRIVER-0x000000FE-*1251.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358591/dell-studio-1558-windows-7-random-restart/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everybody,
Pls advise me as I am really having tough time.
I have got Laptop Dell Studio 1458 which came installed with Windows 7 64 bit edition.
Recently I formatted and installed Windows 7 32 bit OS of my own.
However I am unable to find Windows 7 32 bit edition compatible Drivers for Ethernet etc for my dell laptop.
Pls let me know how or from where can i download 32 bit windows 7 compatible dell drivers.
This is really urgent as I am unable to use ethernet ports on my computer.
Looking forward for guidance.
Pls advise. The below devices are not getting recognized its really urgent.

A:Dell Laptop Studio 1458 - Need Windows 7 Drivers 32 BIT

Quote: Originally Posted by sunandoghosh

Hi Everybody,
Pls advise me as I am really having tough time.
I have got Laptop Dell Studio 1458 which came installed with Windows 7 64 bit edition.
Recently I formatted and installed Windows 7 32 bit OS of my own.
However I am unable to find Windows 7 32 bit edition compatible Drivers for Ethernet etc for my dell laptop.
Pls let me know how or from where can i download 32 bit windows 7 compatible dell drivers.
This is really urgent as I am unable to use ethernet ports on my computer.
Looking forward for guidance.
Pls advise. The below devices are not getting recognized its really urgent.

dell doesnt support 32 bit for that computer. why did you change from 64bit to 32?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172796-dell-laptop-studio-1458-need-windows-7-drivers-32-bit.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everyone I wonder if you could help me as i m now officially stumped I am trying to repair a Dell Studio - for a friend Specs Dell Studio - Dell Hangs at 'Starting 1737 Windows' Studio Windows Dual Core T GB Ram GB HD DVDRW WiFi VHP Windows vista was installed The problem was that windows would hang at the starting windows bit I was able to boot into safe Dell Studio 1737 Windows Hangs at 'Starting Windows' mode so I was hopeful that I could solve it I tried to restore to factory setting from the partition on the hard drive This would again hang at the same place I tried wiping the hard drive completely in the hopes that I could reinstall vista from a disc Again it hangs at starting windows So at this point the hard drive is not completely blank I tried it with a Windows disc as well Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried without the battery Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried with just one memory stick then with just the other one Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried with a different hard drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried the diagnostic tests available during start up This highlighted a problem with the DVD drive so I removed the drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried removing the CMOS battery amp replacing it after a minute Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried turning off all the options in the BIOS for USB WIFI etc everything that was possible to turn off I did in case that worked as I read a post that the BIOS settings could be causing the problems Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve ran a number of tests from the Ultimate Boot disc on the hard drive amp memory Still hangs at the starting windows bit Reset BIOS settings Still hangs at the starting windows bit I am now at a loss and would appreciate any guidance as I REALLY want to fix this for my friend and don t wanna let it beat me Obviously if we find out what it is and it s super expensive then obviously we can t fix it but at least I d know that I tried my best I look forward to hearing any of your suggestions amp thanks in advance Thanks championless nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everyone I wonder if you could help me as i'm now officially stumped I am trying to repair a Dell Studio - for a friend Specs Dell Studio - Dual Core T GB Ram GB HD DVDRW WiFi 1737 Dell Studio at 'Starting Hangs Windows' Windows VHP Windows vista was installed The problem was that windows would hang at the starting windows bit I was able to boot into safe mode so I was hopeful that I could solve it I tried to restore to factory setting from the partition on the hard drive This would again hang at the same place I tried wiping the hard drive completely in the hopes that I could reinstall vista from a disc Again it hangs at starting windows So at this point the hard drive Dell Studio 1737 Windows Hangs at 'Starting Windows' is not completely blank I tried it with a Windows disc as well Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried without the battery Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried with just one memory stick then with just the other one Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried with a different hard drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried the diagnostic tests available during start up This highlighted a problem with the DVD drive so I removed the drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried removing the CMOS battery amp replacing it after a minute Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried turning off all the options in the BIOS for USB WIFI etc everything that was possible to turn off I did in case that worked as I read a post that the BIOS settings could be causing the problems Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve ran a number of tests from the Ultimate Boot disc on the hard drive amp memory Still hangs at the starting windows bit Reset BIOS settings Still hangs at the starting windows bit I am now at a loss and would appreciate any guidance as I REALLY want to fix this for my friend and don t wanna let it beat me Obviously if we find out what it is and it s super expensive then obviously we can t fix it but at least I d know that I tried my best I look forward to hearing any of your suggestions amp thanks in advance I T Girl

A:Dell Studio 1737 Windows Hangs at 'Starting Windows'

Once in Safe mode click Start, Run, type msconfig and press Enter

Now select 'Diagnostic startup' on the General tab, Apply, Ok and then restart your machine and see if it hangs

Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-studio-1737-windows-hangs-at-starting-windows-591934.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So today I was caching up on the Olympics through the BBC and my laptop turned itself off It does sometimes anyway through over heating and has always in the two years I have owned it Its a Dell Studio bit Vista Home Now when I reboot I receive this message Windows failed to Vista Dell Studio Start Windows 1555 Fail start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To ficlx the problem Insert your windows installation disk and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator other computer manufacturer Windows Vista Dell Studio 1555 Fail Start for assistance File Windows system drivers msisadrv system Status xc Info Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt This has happened to me before because of updating itunes which I understand Could someone please tell me the reason this time I did not expect Iplayer to cause difficulties I never received any kids of disks for my laptop and I would appreciate if anyone knew of any was I could save all of my personal files if it needs to be wiped then if someone could suggest how that'd be awesome

A:Windows Vista Dell Studio 1555 Fail Start

Welcome

The reason that you are getting the warning is PROBABLY due to the fact that the shut down caused Hard Drive Damage. If it is not too serious we will be able to save your stuff and get you up and running again. If so you should make a hard drive test and an chhkdsk. We will show you how. First get your stuff. If the hard drive damage is bad you will not be able to load this:
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297256-windows-vista-dell-studio-1555-fail-start.html
Relevancy 58.05%

About a week ago, my computer started freezing up. It won't unfreeze and task manager won't work and I can't soft restart it. I have to press and hold the power button to reboot. Then it works okay for maybe 2 to 4 hours, then locks up again. And then I have to do the same thing. 

I've run malwarebytes, it found a couple registry bugs, got rid of those. Rebooted, ran malwarebytes again, nothing found. Did a MS security essentials full scan and nothing was found. 

Is there any hope of fixing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

A:Dell Studio 17 Microsoft Office 2010/Windows 7 freezing up Please help!

I can't recommend a full fix to this, but I also run malware bytes. It doesn't get rid of all your registry errors. Try downloading Hitman Pro and use the free 30 day trial, it gets rid of all cookies as well as many many more registry errors that malwarebytes overlooks. Good luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524929/dell-studio-17-microsoft-office-2010windows-7-freezing-up-please-help/
Relevancy 58.05%

Juts dropped laptop this morning and now eror messages are showing ,is it ready for the bin now ?? please check my 4 images , thanks
Errors May 2014 Photos by kiltylyn | Photobucket

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Dell Studio 540s desktop purchased in 2008 which originally had Windows Vista, 32-bit OS factory installed.  I have since upgraded to Windows 7, 32-bit and when I recently attempted to update the BIOS after an error prompt, I found that Dell only provides updated drivers for Windows 7, 64-bit OS.  Is there any way of updating my BIOS, the last version being 2009?  

A:Dell Studio 540s desktop BIOS update for Windows 7, 32-bit OS.

From the Bios file page =

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19707695
Relevancy 58.05%

I've been having issue with booting up my Dell Studio 15. It will load past the Dell screen but will not progress past the Window XP screen. The bar will continue to scroll and eventually the laptop just shuts off on it's own. I am hoping this is just a software issue but when running a diagnostic on the laptop it has also been shutting down mid scan. This is the same case as when I try to run CHKDSK prompt while in Windows Recovery Console. I was able to locate my original XP CD that came with the laptop and need help walking through the process of restoring/repair XP.

A:Boot Issue with Windows XP Professional Edition on Dell Studio 15

Sound like either RAM problem or HDD problem...

To diagnose RAM - download and run "memtest86"

To diagnose HDD - download and run the HDD diagnose program (download it from the HDD maker site).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607911/boot-issue-with-windows-xp-professional-edition-on-dell-studio-15/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi im haveing trouble Installing Visual Studio 2012 RC and visual studio 2011, It starts to where the black screen so up then it says visual studio but after that it dose nothing.i have 2010 installed and i us that, i just wanted to try them out, but i have a question would visual studio 2010 ultimate mess up visual studio 2012 and 2011. thanks

here is my system info
Operating Systems

Windows 7 (x86)

Architectures

32-bit (x86)

Hardware

3.6 GHz
2 GB of RAM
201 GB (NTFS)
5400 RPM hard drive
DirectX 9-capable video card running at 1024 x 768

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I am trying to install a 7 Collection Ultimte Studio 1721 on Error Pinnacle 14 Installing Windows full version of Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Collection on Windows Home Premium -bit and am receiving the following error Error There is a problem with Windows Installer Package A program required for this install to complete could not run Action PCLE-Studio init Location C -Studio exe command init quot I have Error 1721 Installing Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimte Collection on Windows 7 tried a the suggestions in the site http support microsoft com kb Did not work b right clicking on the setup ext and 'Run as Administrator' Did not work c Right Click setup exe - gt Properties - gt Compatibility tab - gt Select quot Run this application as an administrator quot This did not work either d Running setup exe compatible with different Windows Versions XP Vista Couple of other errors I found in Application Event log Source - SideBySide EventID Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files x Pinnacle Studio Programs Studio exe quot Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC MFC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis Source - SidebySide EventID Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files x Pinnacle Studio Programs Studio exe quot Error in manifest or policy file quot C Windows WinSxS manifests x microsoft vc mfc fc b b a e e b none c a ee a ed manifest quot on line Invalid Xml syntax Computer Hardware Info Processor Intel Core i Please Help

A:Error 1721 Installing Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimte Collection on Windows 7

Vivian,Thanks for the options. I was able to install Studio 14 Ultimate collection by installing the visual studio run-time (as was suggested in another forum). This resolved the sidebyside error.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad3537ba-6672-407e-8f76-39b13d1b2055/error-1721-installing-pinnacle-studio-14-ultimte-collection-on-windows-7?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Everyone!

Can someone help me out with the driver for the USB? All the USB controllers are okay under the Device Manger but the OS ain't detecting any of my USB's. Kindly help.

Many thanks!

Georgy

A:USB driver required for Dell Studio 1558 - Windows 7 Home Premium

The ONLY device drivers for USB is the default Windows USB driver.

There is some other problem. What is not being detected? If you connect a device, such as a USB flash drive, it has to be disconnected with the "Safely Remove Hardware" function FIRST. If its just unplugged there is a very good chance when its connected the next time Windows Will not detect it. In these cases, connect whatever device is not being recognized, then go to the Device Manager and display the USB section. Usually there will be an "unknown" device listed and that will be the device that is not being detected. If this is the case, RIGHT click on the entry for the unknown device and then LEFT click "Uninstall". Physically disconnect the device, restart the PC and after Windows has started, connect the device and Windows should detect it as "new hardware" and reinstall it (and it will work).

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/331122-usb-driver-required-dell-studio-1558-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Gents I have an issue with my beloved Dell Last week I started to experience some slowness when starting the machine but since it then worked fine I just didn't pay much attention to it MY FAULT But last Friday it Windows 1555 failng Premium 7 Home on x64 start DELL Studio to won't start at all well no after mins or so it'll eventually starts but then nothing Windows 7 Home Premium x64 failng to start on DELL Studio 1555 works fine I did a system check using built in Dell Diagnostic tools and found that there seems to be an issue with the HDD I bought an external HDD and backed up all my music docs confs and so on When it finished I used Sys Rescue CD http sysresccd org to check the partition on the HDD but everything but all I get was that everything seems to be fine So -and since the slot in DVD RW drive that the PC has works really bad with non-original music CDs DVDs- I bought an external USB Asus DVD RW Slim drive and yesterday tried to boot from there using the Recovery Disc I've made when buying the PC I had to make of them one of Windows and two for Dell Recovery Tools since they charged me almost to get those from Dell but it won't correctly initiate I got the windows background the one you have when you're asked for your password if you don't change it the mouse moves and all but it won't go any further It stays there for ever -the DVDs not spinning or anything- or at least for minutes Does anyone knows what may be happening I mean is it because I'm booting from USB Drive Thank you all Any help will be much appreciated Right now I'm OK using Ubuntu but since I have to process some pictures that's one of my jobs I have no LighRoom there

A:Windows 7 Home Premium x64 failng to start on DELL Studio 1555

Try to clean install W7.
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
Burn the disc at the slowest possible speed using ImgBurn.
Try to use the internal disc drive. If not, then use a 4GB+ USB Drive to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265816-windows-7-home-premium-x64-failng-start-dell-studio-1555-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello and thanks in advance to those who read and help with my problem. I have a Dell Studio 1458 which I recently updated with a Crucial SSD and Windows 10 Home. I frequently (daily or more frequently) experience BSODs, often with the flag DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. It seems that the BSODs mostly happen when I allow the computer to go to sleep on its own, in accordance with the power and sleep policy in Windows 10. I also often notice that the computer will become extremely sluggish prior to a BSOD (but not always).

I've updated all of the drivers, using SlimDrivers as well as individually checking the driver status of key pieces of hardware (wireless card, video card, and SSD) and yet I still experience BSODs daily. I've attached the log and am hoping that someone can lead me in the right direction towards solving my issues.

Thanks again.

PC-Thu_04_14_2016_215938_32.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47436-dell-studio-1458-updated-windows-10-home-crucial-ssd-bsods.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey my dad bought me a Dell Studio XPS 8100 with windows 7 and when ever I login the screen gets all glitchy and stuff jumps around and idk how to fix it....Does anyone else have this problem? And if so can anyone fix it? Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with this or not but when i first started the computer it had two .exe files crash while installing windows. The .exes were called sprtstart64.exe and i cant remeber the last one completely but it also ended with start64.exe and I've already tried updateing the video driver, changing to a different monitor, and using the system recovery disk and nothing has worked so far so if anyone can fix this please help.

A:Glitchy screen on Windows 7 Dell studio XPS 8100 (desktop computer)

Did you update the drivers using those from Dell, or another site?

Which Windows 7? 32 or 64 bit?
RIGHT click "computer".
left click "properties".

Is the computer new or pre owned / used / refurbished?

Did the problem begin right out of the box?

Have you contacted Dell? This system might be under warranty.

What happens if you boot directly to safe mode?

Edit:
Is this your system?
http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/desktops/studio-xps-8100/pd.aspx?refid=studio-xps-8100&cs=19&s=dhs

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/glitchy-screen-on-windows-7-dell-studio-xps-8100-desktop-computer.936046/
Relevancy 57.19%

SYSTEM INFORMATION OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc K J - Studio VERY runs 1909 One Windows very - slow Vista suddenly Dell A CN L S Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled PROBLEM I recently went on vacation While I was Dell Studio One 1909 - Windows Vista - very suddenly runs VERY slow gone for a month my computer wasn t used at all In fact it was unplugged etc When I left my system was running perfectly Pages loaded quickly downloads were lightning fast Since I ve been back however my computer suddenly runs VERY slowly At times it is painfully slow - Pages take minutes to load or time out - Simple tasks like looking at photos on facebook are essentially impossible given the ridiculously slow speed - I have been completely unable to download anything at all The downloads don t even get to with hour passing I ll try to get a HiJackThis log to post here as well but at present I m unable to get it to load in Vista Any help that anyone could provide would be great I ll try amp reboot now amp get that HiJackThis log to post as well nbsp

A:Dell Studio One 1909 - Windows Vista - very suddenly runs VERY slow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-one-1909-windows-vista-very-suddenly-runs-very-slow.1015555/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been having serious trouble keeping my system stable over the last few months I had to format HDD and reinstall the OS a couple of on repeated Dell a 540 crash Home Studio 7 Desktop Windows troubles times and also restore it to factory settings another couple of times Today im unable to do any of those I have no support left from Dell on the page they used Windows 7 Home on a Dell Studio 540 Desktop repeated crash troubles to have for doing the restore to factory settings I read somewhere they had discontinued support last April The instructions on site to do a Dell Factory Image Recovery is no longer available either Today i tried to follow the advice on how to do both and I get NO FACTORY RESTORE OPTION The WIN SETUP does not load and i get this error message gt gt Status xc e Info An unexpected I O error has occurred and in Windows Boot Manager im given no options either and there the error code is Status xc f Info the boot selection failed cause a required device is inaccessible This is driving me insane i have tried to boot with the Re-installation CD that came with the PC nothing doing I tried to reboot with the quot recovery disks quot that i made at the beginning prompted by Dell which supposedly would haelp me boot in cases like this Nothing happens Tried the resource CD Made an image recovery which says it has been done and saved on external drives i have but cannot or dont know how to use it for booting and or re-installation purposes I also made a back up copy of the whole HD hard drives seem to be healthy according to what Windows itself tells me Either my ignorance is deeper of what I thought or Windows Home -bit on my PC is really screwed or a combination of both Could anyone with experience walk me through this maze with simple steps that maybe could work Additionally which is the simplest and most proven way to come back from a windows crash If back up is not helping me under the circumstances im lost for words as to how to cover my PC my future OS crashes I would now appreciate any help i could get from generous persons willling to help Im not too savvy with computers as im a pensioner who saw his first computer at age Note PC is months old and out of factory warranty Note it does start in safe mode I am using it to write this Thank you kindly

A:Windows 7 Home on a Dell Studio 540 Desktop repeated crash troubles

Is this the instructions for the Dell Factory Image Recovery: Dell Factory Image Recovery

Quote:
which is the simplest and most proven way to come back from a windows crash?

When you get your system stable and running good use a backup image program, there are free versions that work really well.
Keep the backup file on an external HD and restoring is easy.
Macrium Reflect

If you have a Seagate or Western Digital hard drive you can get a free version of Acronis, a very good image backup program, usually not free. You must have the hard drive in your system for these to work.
Not sure what hard drive you have?
D/L the free SIW - System Information for Windows, it will tell you just about everything in your computer.

Seagate DiscWizard
Acronis True Image Western Digital Edition Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165190-windows-7-home-dell-studio-540-desktop-repeated-crash-troubles.html
Relevancy 57.19%

So yesterday I was busily doing some work and watching something on ITV Player when shock crashed along with Microsoft Office From nowhere it started continuously beeping at me It was rather high pitched and didn't sound as though it were coming from the speakers I flipped it over and had a listen and it sounded as though it were coming from inside I switched it off and back on again but the beeping simply started up again Continuously beeping for maybe two minutes of so frozen on the Dell start up logo unable to enter either boot menu However after about five mins i received the message Operating system not found i tried inserting my windows disk to do a clean install but no drivers were found I shut it down and unscrewed the back turned it on and had a listen It sounded as though the hard drive was beeping but i Windows Studio Home Sudden Dell 7 Beeping Premium 1555 didn't think it even had a speaker so Im assuming whatever is beeping is because of the hard drive I took it out and reported the laptop same results as before but without any beeping at all and a much faster boot time So my question is what is wrong and what can i do about it Thanks for all the help this laptop is only years old and really i don't want to be getting a new one soon Thank you

A:Dell Studio 1555 Windows 7 Home Premium Sudden Beeping

That beep is coming from a 'diagnostic beeper" on the motherboard. Dell has beep codes that will help isolate what the failure was.

If you can post what the beep code is, for example 7 beeps or three beeps and then four beeps, etc maybe we can help. Or post the beep code on the Dell Community users forum, Laptop section. Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259548-dell-studio-1555-windows-7-home-premium-sudden-beeping.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Well yesterday I was mindlessly updating my itunes just the normal 32bit Studio Vista Dell Windows Start Failed To 1555 moving remaining song etc when my laptop shut off unexpectedly This Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start has happened before over the last two years due to over heating Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start and it was very very hot at the time Now when it's witched back on I receive this message Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click 'next' Click 'repair your computer' File Windows System drivers volsnap sys Status xc Info Windows failed to load because critical system driver is missing or corrupt So There's been no changes to my system in months-it's been working amazingly and I never received any kind of disk with the laptop when I bought it-not sure where to get those then I'm not overly up on the idea of paying for something I was supposed to be given when I paid for the laptop so alternatives would be appreciated I've tried quite a few methods already f which doesn't give me a repair option other f keys which seem to just lead back to the same screen even had a go at creating a vista recovery disk which hasn't seemed to work unless I'm doing it wrong So yeah any help would be appreciated I can't seem to find answers anywhere

A:Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start

Welcome
I may have a solution. You will lose your stuff, however. If you have stuff to save post and I will tell you how. If you just want the computer fixed, give this a try:
Ctrl + F11 or F8 - Access Dell computers Dell System Restore (DSR) partition on many different models.
If it works, you are restored to the way the computer was the day that you purchased it. You have to reinstall your programs, updates, SPs etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296655-windows-vista-32bit-dell-studio-1555-failed-start.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I want to do a clean install of Windows 7 on an SSD I just bought and I was wondering if there was anyway to do so without creating the 100 MB System Partition that contains the boot files. The HDD that I originally installed Windows 7 on created the System Partition automatically and I don't want to repeat that mistake. Thank you for any help provided.

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit on new SSD

Yep, using Diskpart early in the installation; make sure all other drives are disconnected. This creates a single partition covering the entire drive, formats it, and marks it active. No system reserved.

1. Once Windows 7 Setup is loaded, press Shift + F10 keys at the first setup screen (which allows selection of language, keyboard and locale). A Command Prompt window will be opened.

2. Run Diskpart, the built-in disk partitioning tool of Windows 7, with the following command:

diskpart

3. Type in the following commands one by one, followed by the Enter key to create a partition (text in brackets are comments only):

list disk (to show the ID number of the hard disk to partition, normally Disk 0)

select disk 0 (change 0 to another number if applicable)

create partition primary

select partition 1

active

format fs=ntfs quick

exit

4. Type exit at command prompt to close Command Prompt window.

5. Continue Windows 7 installation as usual. Remember to highlight and select the partition just created when you come to the partition screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/212563-installing-windows-7-64bit-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have Acer Aspire 6920G, and when I bought it it was Windows Vista Home Premium OEM 32bit pre-installed on it. I want to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on it and I know that I need to do clean install, but what I'm wondering about is what should I do with hidden OEM partition? Should I delete it before installing Windows 7 or...?

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit

It sounds like a rescue partition installed by the machines manufacturer, I would leave it intact in case you decide Windows 7 is not for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/26819-installing-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am considering re-installing Windows 7 on a SSD now that the price of these is getting more reasonable, and am wondering what the advantages and disadvantages there are to installing the 64 bit version rather than the 32 one I currently use.
For starters I know I can install more memory which will speed things up a bit but as I already have 4 Gbytes I doubt it will make much difference (other than let me use the bit of the 4 Gbytes I currently can't use!). I am also aware that I need to check that there are drivers for my hardware. What about programs though - are they affected by which version?
In short, are the benefits of switching to 64 bit worth running the risk of encountering problems?

A:Re-installing Windows 7 ?64bit

Hi! ^_^

I can say that 64 bits editions are faster than 32 bits editions of Windows. I've been using 32 and 64 bits Windows editions since Windows Vista and 64 bits editions are always a little faster than 32 bits even if you've just 2 GB. of RAM (like I've in my notebook Acer Aspire 4520).
About compatibility, the 16 bits applications that you can partially use in 32 bits editions now you can't use it in 64 bits editions. Anyway, if you want to run a really old 16 bits application, you always have the virtualization option using a virtual machine software (like VirtualBox, VMware, etc.) or even using the integrated virtualization in Windows 7 called "Windows XP Mode" (if your processor supports virtualization technologies, of course ).
About 32 bits applications, I have had a very low amount of issues. Forget problems about games but... I remember having some problems with some Acronis software some time ago. Anyway, I know that is because I've experimenting with it. Lots of people use Acronix True Image and Disk Director without problems in x64 Windows.
Security and stability is better in x64 editions too. For example, I noticed lots of viruses that runs 16 bits applications just to destroy our systems but, because of 16 bits applications' incompatibility, they can't do that anymore. Not to mention drivers about that drivers' signature required that prevents installing crappy drivers and some other things here and there.
Remember also that from now on lots of applications wil be out in 32 and 64 bits editions like AutoCAD is doing now and Office 2010 will do when it will be released. That let you use those applications with a better level of stability and performance.
Ah! Forgot what you've mentioned before about that x64 lets you use 4 GB. or more of RAM.
About the bad side of x64... I don't know what your hardware is. It will be good if you can fill your system specs through the user's control panel of the forum so I can see if your hardware is compatible. Anyway, if you have 4 GB. of RAM I assume that you've pretty new hardware in there and I think that you'll have no problems getting 64 bits drivers from your manufacturer's website.
With all I've mentioned "on the table", you decide.

Hope it helps you!
Regards from Argentina.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/58890-re-installing-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Dear experts I have a Foxconn Blood Rage GTI Mainboard I have a Blood Rage mainboard installation disk I have a Windows bit installation disk My current OS is Windows XP Professional It is a wonderful system sweet smooth and fast But I wish to upgrade to Windows bit and catch up with the World So I insert the Windows installation disk and reboot The installation software takes a long leisurely look at my machine and then tells me to insert the disk with the drivers on it So I insert the Blood Rage installation disk The installation software searches the disk and declares that it cannot find any drivers I Installing Windows 7, 64bit lead it to the folder named 'driver' on the Blood Rage installation disk The installation software still cannot find a single driver Expletives deleted Expletives deleted Expletives deleted Has anyone else had this problem What am I to do Why can't I install Windows and then download the drivers as Windows XP Pro does Can anyone help Thank you for your kind attention -

A:Installing Windows 7, 64bit

My guess would be that it is looking for the HDD driver without which it cannot install W7. The other drivers will be installed automaticaly. Suggest you find the HDD driver for your disk and load it either on a CD or a USB stick so that you can use it during the installation.
It may also be useful to run the W7 Upgrade Advisor before you start the installation: Upgrade Advisor Tests Your PC's Windows-7 Readiness | BNET

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/105103-installing-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok i have windows xp running on my Dell inspiron 531,It came with a

AMD Sempron Processor
LE-1300
2.31 GHz
2gb Ram

So I went out and bought more Ram 2gb worth and since I have the xp pro 32 bit running it say I only have 3.43gb.
So I want to install the 64bit version of XP,and I wanted to know if I could do it on this computer.This is the only place were you can get a good answer that helps.

Thanks DireWolf81

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-dell-64bit-help-352954.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Computer would not boot first thing this morning. Was fine last night. When I run start-up repair, it finally brings me to a screen that says this computer is configured to require a password in order to start up. Please enter a startup password. I have never had a start up password and cannot get anything to happen past this. I have malware bytes and Microsoft security essentials running up to date. Please advise.

A:Dell studio desktop running windows vista service pack 2 won't boot

What happens if you press Enter when you are asked for the password?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513919/dell-studio-desktop-running-windows-vista-service-pack-2-wont-boot/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I just installed Windows 7 x64 on my Dell Studio 1535 laptop, and it says that I am missing a base system device driver. Here are the details:

Hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_02541028&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_02541028
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_0880

Compatible ID:
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592
PCI\VEN_1180&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&CC_0880
PCI\VEN_1180
PCI\CC_088000
PCI\CC_0880

Any idea what this could be?

A:Dell Studio 1535 missing driver in Windows 7 x64 (Base System Device)

It's your Ricoh Card Reader R5C833. (<== click on it to download)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1535-missing-driver-in-windows-7-x64-base-system-device.136887/
Relevancy 56.33%

whenever i switch on my dell studio 1737 laptop it wont go past the dell logo stage.
any help out there on how to fix the problem?
at the moment i am running a diagnostics test and seems like most devices are passing the test.
Michael

A:dell studio 1737 laptop wont boot past dell logo

It could be any number of things but my first 2 guesses are possibly the hard drive or motherboard.you might want to take it somewhere so that you will get a correct diagnosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1737-laptop-wont-boot-past-dell-logo.1107624/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey there new to the forum n' stuff I already did a check of the topics and didn't quite find one that matched my issue SSD Windows problem Installing 64bit 7 onto DVD-RW from so here it is I'm currently running Windows Vista bit on my gb HD I also have a gb SSD I just purchased plugged in as well my computer can see it but is completely unformated and untouched After I bought the quot Windows bit Professional Upgrade quot I download the package from Microsoft and got the files you see on the right which I then extracted to the left I then used PowerISO and burned the extracted files onto a DVD-RW I then restarted my computer held F and booted from my CD drive When I did so my computer just started up like it always does from my standard HD and nothing happened Rather confused as to what I need to do Installing Windows 7 64bit from DVD-RW onto SSD problem Any insight as to what the problem is My goal is to Install Win onto my blank SSD and wipe my existing HD clean the one that holds my existing Win-Vista

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit from DVD-RW onto SSD problem

Welcome to the forum,

Try it with only the SSD plugged in using one of these methods,

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Can you test that the DVD is bootable on another machine?

You can try burning with imgburn at 4x speed if your other installer isn't working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/244144-installing-windows-7-64bit-dvd-rw-onto-ssd-problem.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have been trying to install Windows 7 64bit on to my desktop and my PC keeps cutting off and rebooting. I know this is most likely some hardware problem and I have tried a few things already.

Machine: Acer Aspire m3802

I have cleaned the fan and applied new thermal paste to the CPU, I have tested the Power supply and it seems to be working fine. This machine is pretty much new and is clean inside.

Can anyone give me some ideas to try please?

A:Windows 7 64bit - installing and PC keeps shutting down

try testing the harddrive. go to the manufacturers website and download their diagnostic utility.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-64bit-installing-and-pc-keeps-shutting-down-648884.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I've been searching for an answer to a problem I am having for the past few days but I have had no luck D I thought maybe someone here could help me out My Problem 64bit Trouble Windows & ) 7 Installing 32 ( I cannot load Windows on my computer The thing is that I have been successful Trouble Installing Windows 7 ( 32 & 64bit ) in the past and for a long time the x bit version has worked Until recently when I had a power cord failure sparks shot at me it Trouble Installing Windows 7 ( 32 & 64bit ) was horrifying Windows was running just fine but when I replaced the cord the startup logo appeared but refused to actually start An additional piece of information is that the animation for the logo is extremely fast and then flickers in place My setup M A -EM Asus motherboard GeForce GT video card x - g sticks of RAM I'm also using a new HP LCD monitor and an old Phillips LCD monitor What I've tried so far -Multiple Operating system installations I get the same flickering on the windows logo as well as the stuck at Completing installation problem -Removing all but g of RAM -removing video card and using the motherboard for monitor as well as using only monitor both of which were tested -using only a SP keyboard with no other USB devices -Installing Windows XP installs just fine -Using burnt and bought Windows disks -Mktorn's solution found Windows Freezes at quot Completing Installation quot but to no avail The strangest thing is that I have actually had a problem like this before and easily solved it by popping a stick of RAM out and putting it back in once I could startup this may help those that haven't tried it yet but it did not work this time With the given information can anyone take a guess at what my problem could be Thanks in advance

A:Trouble Installing Windows 7 ( 32 & 64bit )

Update: Sorry to double post, but I grabbed an old video card and plugged it in and started the installation ( no weird flickering this time! ) I'll keep this post updated if anyone else should encounter this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/177143-trouble-installing-windows-7-32-64bit.html
Relevancy 56.33%

When attempting to get SP1 from windows update it would say something along the lines of service not running. I managed to get past this by deleteing the edb log file but now when I attempt the update it searches for around 10 seconds then says an error has occurred with the error code: 800b0001. I then gave up on this way of getting SP1 and attempted a direct download from the Microsoft site but when I attempt to open the file I get a message that says "The for specified for the subject is not one supported or known by the specified trust provider." Is anyone able to help resolve my issue. I just need to download SP1, I don't care if it comes from the windows update or the direct download.

Thank you!

A:Trouble installing SP1 on Windows 7 64bit

Error code is now 800b0109

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250358-trouble-installing-sp1-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a problem and the only way I can possibly get around this problem is Windows the 7 Installing same 32 on machine! 64bit and bit by having both the bit and bit OS installed on my PC I have an Epson Stylus PhotoRX all in one printer for which the drivers for Installing Windows 7 64bit and 32 bit on the same machine! the scanner don't work on Windows x bit I have been on to customer support and have been duly informed that they are not going to be making a compatable driver for the printer I have already tried to use the Vista x bit driver but to no avail Because I cannot afford to buy a new scanner I want to install both the OS's on my PC in the hope that the x bit driver the Windows will work the scanner Here is my plan I got HDD's on my PC one GB and one GB I have just created a GB partition on my GB HDD which also has the OS installed on it I use the smaller HDD for my back ups and I would ideally like to continue to use this HDD for my backups as it is a separate HDD Would I be able install the x bit OS to the partition on the GB partition which is on the HDD that my main OS is on or would I have to put it on the separate HDD Would I then be able to then somehow create some sort of network or would it be possible for me to just access the images that I would have scanned without having to put them on a flash drive or DVD or something and if so how Also would it be possible for me to us the XP mode to see if my printer would work in that or is the XP mode not a virtual machine All your help is greatly appreciated

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit and 32 bit on the same machine!

Did you buy one key and get 2 DVD's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/93881-installing-windows-7-64bit-32-bit-same-machine.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I've been trying install Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my Compaq Presario F700. It came with Windows Vista (Don't know which version). It then became corrupted, so I installed Ubuntu 10.10 on it, then I DBANed it, Now it won't install Windows 7. It says that Bootmgr.exe is missing. I tried a repair disk, I tried the bootrec (don't know if i'm doing it right). If you need more info, plz asked.

A:Installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

if I am reading you right it sounds like you need to start from step 1 here.
I'm assuming you have a win 7 upgrade disc
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

if you have a full version windows disc follow this one.
Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/173356-installing-windows-7-ultimate-64bit.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello to all nbsp nbsp I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows XP Home on my Dell Dimension All went fine Now I need to install the correct drivers I have the Dell Resource disc and this is where the problem starts nbsp nbsp As noted elsewhere after the reinstall the screen display of the Resource disc Dimension using XP Installing 2350 drivers reinstall Resource on Windows Dell disc Dell after is as it would be in quot Safe Mode quot Installing drivers after Windows XP reinstall on Dell Dimension 2350 using Dell Resource disc I was aware of this As such the Resource disc Search Installing drivers after Windows XP reinstall on Dell Dimension 2350 using Dell Resource disc Criteria screen was a bit larger Installing drivers after Windows XP reinstall on Dell Dimension 2350 using Dell Resource disc than the monitor screen I was able to size it to fit the screen but this is really not the problem it is the following The Search Criteria options I have from the drop down menus on screen are as follows System Model nbsp nbsp All Dimension C DXC Dimension DXP G Dimension E DM XPS nbsp nbsp nbsp Which if any do I pick Operating System I think I got this one nbsp nbsp All Windows XPTopic nbsp nbsp Maybe this one too nbsp nbsp All Applications Dell Diagnostics Diagnostics Drivers Utilities nbsp nbsp For the life of me I cannot figure out the exact drivers I am to install Windows XP only appears in the Operating System menu I pretty much know the install order but as I said I m a bit confused about selecting the correct drivers from the disc This computer is not connected to the internet at the moment so I can t download and use any sort of driver detection program Other searches have confused me further and have provided no specific answer to this problem nbsp nbsp If anyone can enlighten me on a step-by-step solution to this I m thinking quot Dell Resource Disc for Dummies quot I would be extremely grateful Thanks to all Zlek nbsp If it helps I went into the Device Manager with quot Show Hidden Files quot enabled and all it shows with the yellow question mark are nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp Ethernet Controller Multi-media Audio Controller Video Controller VGA Compatible nbsp nbsp

A:Installing drivers after Windows XP reinstall on Dell Dimension 2350 using Dell Resource disc

You need, in installation order:

Chipset driver
Video driver (depends on which video card)
Audio driver
Network driver (depends on which you have)
Modem driver, if you use a dialup modem

Go to the Support page and put in your Service Tag. It should give you the drivers you need. You can download them on any PC and copy onto a USB stick for installation on the 2350.
You only need the applications, if you actually use them (eg, Roxio, Jasc Paintshop, etc).
Then install your antiviral software and get online to the Microsoft Update site for all the patches and updates.
Keep in mind that XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and they stopped releasing security fixes for XP and IE9, more than 1 year ago. So they're both full of security holes and put your personal data at risk.
EDITED

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991601
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Everyone,

Friends , if you can help me in finding windows 7 pro 64bit dell factory media will be so thankful.
Need to downgrade my dell Desktop OptiPlex 7020 from windows 8.1.
anyone can help me..

A:Need Dell Windows 7 Pro 64bit Media

sameerkarkal,
You can click the link below to purchase a Windows Pro Windows 7 OEM. I do not see a Windows 7 ultimate. If you do a Google search you may find some disk.
Recovery Disk
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.
You would click my name in blue, then on the next page in the upper right corner, click the words "send private message"

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19682343
Relevancy 56.33%

I am having serious issues with a laptop I ve recently acquired Studio Windows SERIOUS Plays Doesn't Invisibly Dell Has Work. 1558 IE Repair Problems. I Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly cannot get the Start Up Repair to work at all It either goes back to the selection option for quot Repair Your PC quot or quot Start Windows Normally quot or loads straight into Windows after being selected and Internet Explorer and annoying ads run invisibly in the background Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly I have a HJT log available Would LOVE to get some help sorting this thing out as it s a pretty good system just seems Loaded down with viruses and SAS MBAM and Avira say there s nothing there Here is the HJT logfile Any help would be GREATLY Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - F D -D E -F B - E-F A F - C Program Files x SocialRibbons LP Toolbar dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO DCA - B FC- - -A CB-C A A A EEC - C Program Files x Common Files FreeCause DCA dca-bho dll O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - BFE B CB- F - A - - D B F - C Program Files x Dogpile Bundle Toolbar Toolbar dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Canon Easy-WebPrint EX - D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexhlp dll O - Toolbar Dogpile Bundle Toolbar - C BDEB - - C -BD -A CCD A - C Program Files x Dogpile Bundle Toolbar Toolbar dll O - HKLM Run SSDMonitor C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components scheduler Launcher exe O - DEFAULT User Startup Dell Dock First Run lnk C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe User Default user O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - DPF E F FC-BD - CBA-B A- AF D SysInfo Class - http content system... Read more

A:Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===HijackThis is not able to provide accurate information for 64 bit systems.In your case we need to see a DDS Log.I would remove HijackThis using the Add/Remove Programs list.Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDDS.COMDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post. DO NOT attach the log.===Third party programs if not up to date can be an open door for an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456622/dell-studio-1558-has-serious-problems-windows-repair-doesnt-work-ie-plays-invisibly/
Relevancy 55.9%

If you are also running an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor and Intel G45/G43 Chipset I sure could use a copy of your driver for the SM Bus Controller.

Thanks

A:Anybody running 64-bit dell studio 540 with dell motherboard 0m017g a00 ?

Thanks Sticky for posting the latest Intel update.
This solved my problem. Also had to update and install latest Java before any of this worked.
Side note: Intel installed 16 driver updates. Doing a complete software re-install is not that much fun.

Nogee

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300815-anybody-running-64-bit-dell-studio-540-dell-motherboard-0m017g-a00.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Well in previous threads I explained how possible RAM problems and perhaps drivers began causing problems with my computer with ridiculous amounts of BSOD s problems trying to reinstall what? Windows Just Ultimate installing finished 7 64bit...now windows MEMTEST coming up with all sorts of problems with my RAM sticks etc It went from bad to worse when my old power supply got fried in the middle of the night After some trial and tribulation I bought a better power supply a watt Corsair TX gb of DDR - Corsair XMS RAM put it all in and I wanted to see what happened I was relieved to find that the power supply had taken nothing out with it all the other parts worked When trying to install Windows the first time it froze when unpacking the files during the installation or whatever it does I restarted it Just finished installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit...now what? tried again and it went by without a hitch Everything installed fine I presume and I am now posting this from my laptop while staring at the empty desktop of my other computer the one I just installed Just finished installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit...now what? Windows on It s given me a lot of trouble in the past couple of weeks and Just finished installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit...now what? I want to make sure that it is all ready before I start installing programs using the Automatic Update feature which is perhaps coincidentally where my problems started last time I tried to install about updates that had gathered up while the computer was stored So my question is What exactly do I need to update as soon as I install Windows I d rather download stuff straight from the manufacturers website and avoid Windows Updates it s given me many problems recently and even before then I know all the hardware I have but I don t know what needs updating or how I can know whether things need updating Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I always play a game called "Trials 2 SE" and a few days ago it stopped working, every time I try to launch it it says this:

I looked up how to get this to work. It said to download the .DLL file, put it in the Windows/system32 folder, and run "regsvr32 OpenAL32.dll" and that should install the file. I get this message when doing that:

Please help. This is infuriating. All I want to do is play this game again. Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] Help installing a .DLL file (Windows 7 64bit)

Hi did you try running system restore to see if that could set it to a point when it was working

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-help-installing-a-dll-file-windows-7-64bit-665857.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello nbsp As stated in the subject Recently I have bought a Lenovo G - Laptop with preinstalled Windows It does not really fell into my liking so I have decided to format it and get back to Windows which I personally like far more And then the problems started However I try to instal Win I get the blue screen with this error code nbsp x A I have read about and it turns out that Win have some issues with the UEFI machines Here is what I have tried Updated bios on 7 PROBLE... Windows Installing Lenovo 64bit G50-30 to the nbsp A CN WW version Install it form original DVD as well form prepared USB drive Changing BIOS setting UEFI modes AHCI to Compatible Deafult Setting for Specific OS Changing USB mode from to Preparing bootable usb using Power ISO Utra Installing Windows 7 64bit on Lenovo G50-30 PROBLE... ISO and Rufus Installing Windows XP from original CD nbsp My ideas have not got any effects the blue screen with exactely the same message still appears It would be really great if somene can give any advice how to deal with it Solved Go to Solution

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit on Lenovo G50-30 PROBLE...

hi Swistak1986,

Welcome to the Forums.

If you're planning to install Win7 in legacy (MBR) mode and you've already checked this thread, can you try the following steps and observe:

1. Boot into the BIOS and set the following settings:

Exit Tab:
OS Optimized Defaults = Win7 OS

When finished, hit Load default settings (just right above it) then set these additional settings:

Security Tab:
Secure Boot = Disabled

Boot Tab:
Boot Mode = Legacy
Boot Priority = Legacy First

2. When finished, hit Fn+F10 to save and exit and boot from the Win7 USB installer and observe if you can now install Win7 in legacy (MBR) mode.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Installing-Windows-7-64bit-on-Lenovo-G50-30-PROBLEM/td-p/2092992
Relevancy 55.9%

I am unable to get upgraded to IE 10 and I ran accross a post via google where you fixed it what appears to be the same for someone else, and I'm hoping for the same.

It goes through the installation process, then reads "restarting programs" before getting the installation failed message, the installation error code I get through Win Update is 9C59

Tried installing with a clean boot with no result.
I ran the sfc /scannow and attached the csb dir, I had to break it into two zips as it was over the 8mb limit.

Thanks

A:Installing IE 10 Fails on my Windows 7 64bit machine

when I used IE it seemed to a little sluggish so i swapped over to firefox and IMO its much better as it does crash or slow down as much as IE I would suggest this

BUT if your heart is set on ie you can uninstall it completely and re-download it at this link(official)
Internet Explorer - Microsoft Download Center

good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/297775-installing-ie-10-fails-my-windows-7-64bit-machine.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Problem: Won't boot off external hard drive[windows7pro64bitInstallation](320GB)
I've been making custom images of Windows 7 for my work. Currently I am working on an image filled with loads of programs (the wim file is 27gb). I have followed the normal instructions to create a bootable usb drive.

captured the wim using imagex, used bootsect /nt60 on the external drive etc

I am just wondering, is the reason it won't boot, is because it's not a flash drive?

Previously all my other windows 7 builds have been on 8gb flash sticks.

So in summary:
Is it possible to make a working bootable installation drive on a 320 external hard drive?
and if there is a way.
What am I doing wrong?

(note i've made working bootable win 7 installation usb drives before)

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit Pro from a 320GB Ex HardDrive?

I have a WD 500 My Book that I boot from without problems. I only boot a WinPE.wim small file. If you are booting that 27gb wim file, how much memory do you have to fit it all into? That might be the problem.

TJG

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/187804-installing-windows-7-64bit-pro-320gb-ex-harddrive.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to install window 7 from a usb. It get to the loading windows files screen but right after that i get the 0xc0000001 error. Failed to load winload.exe.
Motherboard - ASUS A8AE-LE
Hard Drive - Wester Digital IDE
DDR PC3200
AMD Athlon 64 (939 chip)

I've tried 3 different Flash Drives, 5 different Hard Drive. Cant load from CD/DVD drive because when I boot the system with the CD/DVD drive installed i get the Blue screen of death.

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit from USB - error 0xc0000001

Euh, try to use a other windows 7 installation iso to make your USB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/223555-installing-windows-7-64bit-usb-error-0xc0000001.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a user on a Dell Optiplex 990 (Windows 7 64 Bit) that repeatedly gets the following blue screen info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80086B72D0
BCP2: FFFFF8800419E45C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030613-39062-01.dmp
C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-737510-0.sysdata.xml

I've updated the BIOS, reinstalled all the video drivers, and physically swapped out the AMD video card that looks warped by the card's heat sync.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

Relevancy 55.04%

So I faced this problem years ago yet I can't Windows any of 64Bit version installing Error 0x80070570 when solve it A few years back I've got a new Toshiba Satellite C -B laptop It came with Windows -bit few months later I forced to format it and install a new Windows However since that time I'm locked out of ANY -bit version of Win Though ANY -bit version of Win will install without problem Why The error code is x I've searched the internet and Error 0x80070570 when installing any 64Bit version of Windows even did my personal research but with no luck It just stops at while installing and gives that error What I've tried - Installing from different USB sticks Couldn't use CD DVD the driver isn't functional - Trying different USB ports both and - Trying different SATA modes bith IDE and AHCI - Swapping out and removing the RAMs - Wiping out the HDD many Error 0x80070570 when installing any 64Bit version of Windows times even with dban - Trying many ISOs and different Windows versions and Out of all of that -bit installs perfectly but -bit is NOT Why What is the problem Thanks in advance for any kind of help

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65602-error-0x80070570-when-installing-any-64bit-version-windows.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have been having problems with my HP Pavilion DV - sa This problem started about a day ago when I got a BSOD while watching a video which Installing 64Bit Professional BSOD while occurs Windows 7 said Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed Then it wouldn't start up anymore it just got a BSOD that went to quick to see So then I decided to re-install Windows Which I tried but it got the BSOD occurs while Installing Windows 7 Professional 64Bit same BSOD as above quot Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed quot So then I reset the bios by taking the battery out for about mins I then put the battery back in and started it up again I then tried again by installing windows but I then a got a BSOD when it got to about on installing devices which said quot A device driver got stuck in an infinite loop This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware correctly quot quot Please check with hardware device vendor to check for any driver updates quot stop error x EA but I cant record the rest of the stop error as it keeps changing when the laptop keeps restarting and the BSOD occurs again but with a different error code after the x EA This problems keeps Occurring even if I try installing windows again I have the latest Bios version which is F and BSOD occurs while Installing Windows 7 Professional 64Bit I have tried resetting the bios multiple times but no luck Any suggestions would be grateful Thanks

A:BSOD occurs while Installing Windows 7 Professional 64Bit

When was the last time you cleaned the system of dust?

Dust Removal:To remove dust, follow the subsequent general procedure. If you have a desktop bought from Dell, HP, Sony, Lenovo, etc. make sure removing the desktop casing will not void your warranty first. Call the company if you are still under warranty and ask if it is okay to remove the casing and blow dust out. The procedure described is fine for laptops; just make sure no stickers are on panels saying if you remove the panel it will void the warranty. Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Remove the casing for a desktop, or remove any screwed on panels and disc drives for laptops.
Blow out the dust inside by using a can of compressed air or a low pressure compressor. You will want to put the computer on a desk or table so you can maintain the can in an upright position if using a can of air. Blow into all crevices on the motherboard, heat sinks, cards, modules, etc. for a desktop. Blow into vents, opened panels, disc drive areas, USB ports, and the keyboard if it is a laptop. You may also want to blow inside the disc drive by replacing the drive to the laptop, starting the computer, opening the drive, and then turning off the computer and removing all power as described above including the 30 second power button step. For a desktop, you may also want to blow inside the disc drive by starting the computer, opening the drive, and then turning off the computer and removing all power as described above including the 30 second power button step.
Replace casing for the desktop. Replace panels and disc drive (if you have not already done so) for the laptop.
Plug power supplies in. AC adapter for the desktop. Battery and then AC Adapter for the laptop.
Start the computer and see if performance is better.

Easier Laptop steps:
Get a can of compressed air...
Shut down and turn off your system...
Unplug the system from any docking stations...
Remove the AC Adapter and then remove the battery...
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to ensure all power is drained from the components. This closes the circuit and allows any remaining power to dissipate; it also clears the temporary memory of corruption and resets hardware/software connections. No permanent changes are made to the system doing this step...
Use the can of compressed air to blow into every vent, crevice, keyboard key, USB port, VGA/monitor port, etc...
Replace the battery and then plug in the AC Adapter...
Replace the docking station...
See how the system runs after doing all these steps...

Quote:

WARNING: Never use a vacuum cleaner or hair drier to clean dust out of your system!!

When you reset the BIOS, did you also reset the hardware/software connections for the BIOS?

Reset BIOS Hardware/Software Connections:Shut down and turn off the computer.
Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
"Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices." ( Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English)).
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
(If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall. Do not reconnect any unnecessary peripherals; monitor, keyboard, an... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-occurs-while-installing-windows-7-professional-64bit-677141.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings Motherboard AsRock Extreme Click On Me For Asrock site Hard / RAID 7 Windows disks Three Pro Installing 64bit- to GPT Using EFI 0-- 1TB in Hard disks Windows 7 Pro 64bit- Installing to Three 1TB Hard disks in RAID 0-- Using EFI / GPT Three TB Western Digitals Motherboard settings for storage Located in- Advanced -- gt Storage Configuration -SATA Controller- Enabled -SATA MODE- RAID MODE -Onboard RAID Tb Unlocker- UEFI Mode for GPT Partition -SATA IDE Combined Mode- Disabled -Marvell SATA Operation Mode- AHCI Mode ------Marvell SATA Bootable Onboard IDE amp Controller- Disabled I'm in the progress of attempting to install windows bit with sp streamed in to the disk- to a RAID Configuration of TB hard disks At this point I've already created the Logical array in the EFI bios if you will And confirmed that the drive is equal to the tb And I'm attempting to install Windows right now But it seems every time I create the three partitions after I load the RAID Driver - explained in this guide here Click Me - Type Diskpart press Enter Type List Disk press Enter Type Select Disk where is the number your drive shows up as press Enter Type Clean press Enter Type Convert GPT press Enter Type Create Partition EFI Size press Enter Type Format Quick FS FAT press Enter Type Create Partition MSR Size press Enter Type Create Partition Primary Align press Enter Type Format Quick FS NTFS press Enter Type Exit press Enter After I've formatted and click on the last partition to install The system does give me a yellow flag on parition which is GB- Windows cannot be installed to this disk This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu which it is see above I can select the partition and hit next to start installing Windows installs and restarts Goes threw copying windows file- expanding windows files - and then quickly goes threw installing features updates and completing install- then reboots It restarts back in to setup - and wants me to start all over If I attempt to boot the Windows Boot Manager using the boot manager F - Two things either happen I get taken back to the AsRock UEFI Setup Utility BIOS or I get taken to a black screen with a boot I've tried using a different version of Windows - a clean version with out Sp - no effect I've completely formatted each drive using Linux - no effect Any help would be awesome Added When I go in to the boot order options I have two choices Built-in EFI Shell and Windows Boot Manager I have Windows Boot Manger selected but it does not continue installation It goes straight to the AsRock Uefi Setup Utility meaning it A Can't find the boot partition B No data was written C Windows just sucks I have noticed that even after the expanding on Windows Files- there should be data on the drive But when you enter setup again there is only - Gb being filled I'm not sure what going on or what I'm doing wrong Added The drive partition has about - GB used so the data is being written to the array

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-pro-64bit-installing-to-three-1tb-hard-disks-in-raid-0-using-efi-gpt-647762.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have been having problems with my HP Pavilion DV - sa This problem started about a day ago when I got a BSOD while watching a video which said Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout Installing BSOD occurs while Professional Windows 7 64Bit failed Then it wouldn t start up anymore it just got a BSOD that went to quick to see So then I decided to re-install Windows BSOD occurs while Installing Windows 7 Professional 64Bit Which I tried but it got the same BSOD as above quot Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed quot So then I reset the bios by taking the battery out for about mins I then put the battery back in and started it up again I then tried again by installing windows but I then a got a BSOD when it got to about on installing devices which said quot A device driver got stuck in an infinite loop This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware correctly quot quot Please check with hardware device vendor to check for any driver updates quot stop error x EA but I cant record the rest of the stop error as it keeps changing when the laptop keeps restarting and the BSOD occurs again but with a different error code after the x EA This problems keeps Occurring even if I try installing windows again I have the latest Bios version which is F and I have tried resetting the bios multiple times but no luck Any suggestions would be grateful Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-occurs-while-installing-windows-7-professional-64bit.1078196/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey
Recently i got my hands on a titanfall beta-key and to play i had to have a 64bit system. I asked my friend to help me with the upgrade and everything went fine untill my pc started randmly crashing with Memory_management as the most common message. i've had a few others too but mainly this one. I don't understand that my pc keeps crashing because before with my win7 32bit there was never no issue.
I tried doing this debug tool thing but it says access denied and the cmd window that opens also says WIN32 so did something go wrong with the installation of win 8 or what?
I'm not a technical genius so i apologize for the lack of computer terms

A:Random BSOD crashes after installing windows 8.1 pro 64bit

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41578-random-bsod-crashes-after-installing-windows-8-1-pro-64bit.html