Windows Support Forum

Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

Q: Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

I recently got this amazing p monitor for my custom rig and I love it Well most of it There is this problem with the backlight where when the monitor turns on after a while of inactivity the backlight turns on Monitor Backlight ASUS an with Issue VK-248h for a split second Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight then suddenly goes very dim Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight The brightness setting Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight is unchanged kept at a solid yet it s a quarter as bright as it should be I can go into the menu and change the brightness and I can tell faintly that it does adjust but never up to the proper level To remedy the issue I repeatedly turn the monitor off and on until the display finally lights up properly and it stays that way for the entire time I am using it At the start of the session in which I write this post I had to do this at least times before it worked so I finally decided to really look into this problem It seems this is a unique issue as I found absolutely no matching posts on the interwebs by searching with the all-mighty Google Search Is there anyone that can provide some insight as to why this occurs and or how to fix it Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

New theory: Bad capacitors... somewhere. Possibly power supply

After a day at work, observing some coworkers working on used LCD TVs (and working on one myself), I now understand quite a bit more about such things.

I had removed the display from my setup and left it on the floor for a few days. Today, I decided to try it again. The backlight started up perfectly fine, surprisingly. The ASUS screen showed for a couple seconds, then went off, as normal. Then, when it's supposed to activate the selected display input, it shows the screen for just long enough to get half a frame drawn, then goes completely black. Turning monitor off and on repeatedly, and trying different input methods, gave same result. I got it to work once, but at that time the backlight had gone too dim again.

I think now I might know how to fix it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take the dang thing apart! Lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-an-asus-vk-248h-monitor-backlight.209650/
Relevancy 60.2%

Sometimes the backlight won t turn on in the laptop I don t think it s a connection issue Sometimes either the laptop s hardware or the video card is just not turning the backlight on I can see that the display is on by won't (Asus turn F8SP) on sometimes Laptop backlight the way just so faint as to not be recognizable unless in the sun or a flash light is shined on the screen I ve come to this conclusion because the only way to fix the Laptop backlight won't turn on sometimes (Asus F8SP) issue when it happens is to plug an external monitor into the laptop set it as the primary display and then reboot The laptop backlight then comes on and will work find if I disconnect the external monitor The backlight only seems to go off sometime immediately after boot That is WHILE the laptop is posting It shows the American trends bios screen for about second and then the backlight turns off I ve called Asus about this a few times and they always start by talking about an quot electrical reset quot which apparently accomplished on this unit by leaving the battery out for minutes and then booting the machine with ONLY the battery connected This has frequently caused the backlight to stay on a half second longer but beyond that no result Anyone have an idea about this thing It s very frustrating because it makes the laptop less mobile It means that at any time on the road it could be almost entirely unusable since the only way to fix it is to plug an external monitor into it nbsp

A:Laptop backlight won't turn on sometimes (Asus F8SP)

they're pretty clueless...

Every time I talk to them they ask me my model number and serial number... then ask me to do things that aren't possible on this model laptop... I explain that... and then they say "oh, F8's must not have that feature"... Which begs the question of why I bother telling them the model if they're not going to give me model specific tech support?

The problem is weird... I think there's a circuit board that isn't part of the motherboard or video card that's screwed up. I don't mind the problem so long as there's a quick way to fix it on the go that doesn't require a spare monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-backlight-wont-turn-on-sometimes-asus-f8sp.120695/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an LCD monitor that when you turn it on it comes on for around 3-5 secs and then the light goes out but you can still see the video is you turn it a certain way. I took it apart and all the capacitors look fine. But just in case I changed them anyway but i still have the same problem. What else could cause this problem besides the capacitors.

A:lcd monitor backlight problems

Hi dobermandog22, and welcome to TSG.

One possibility if it uses a CCFL backlight, may be the backlight inverter sensing an output overload and shutting down. It could be an actual overload due to a failing lamp or the overload sensing circuit may be going bad and triggering a shutdown.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-backlight-problems.996914/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I have BenQ FP91G+ monitor that has stopped working. When I turn it on, the light for power led changes (turns green?) color but there is nothing on screen. When I hold flashlight sideways, I can see the display. It happened with when the screensaver was on and after few minutes it went black so I thought it has gone to standby mode. Thinking its in sleep mode, I hit the keyboard button and soon after I could smell burnt electricity.

I have opened the board and checked the power supply and inverter but everything is all intact visibly. The capacitors has not even bulged a bit. Does anyone know what might be faulty?

Thanks in advance.

A:Monitor backlight problem.

Howdy,

The monitor has gone faulty.....it would be better to get a new monitor as the repair would be close to the price of a new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-backlight-problem.949682/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all!

After upgrading the RAM of a computer, there's a strange error. The monitor works for a minute or so and then looses backlight, I believe. It's namely possible to see some vague contours of the image on the screen, but it's almost black.

The graphics card is not an external one so the memory is taken from the RAM, which is why I believe there might be an issue.

I tried using another screen for half an hour and it worked perfectly.

For now there's a quick solution. I can simply turn the power of the monitor off and then again and then it works for a minute or so.

If anybody can help it would be great!

A:Monitor losing backlight?

Its not your computer.

It's a busted monitor.

It will eventually die, so if you can get warranty do it.. thx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-losing-backlight.165097/
Relevancy 56.33%

The back-light on my Toshiba satellite doesn't work. what should i do?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Everyone,

I have an odd problem with my Toshiba laptop. The Laptop starts, fans turn on hard drive is running but there is no screen and no HDD light blinking. I first though it was a backlight issue but when I shine a bright flashlight on the screen I see nothing. I also plugged in an external monitor and had no results. The only light that lights up is the power on indicator. The LED for the HDD doesn't turn on. the caps lock key doesnt turn on when pressed but the FN indicator turns on when FN is pressed. I get no POST beeps or anything else. I tried to boot up the machine with no RAM and no HDD with the same results. I took the laptop apart and found no water damage or any damage of any kind. Any one have any ideas before I call it quits?

Thanks

A:Possible Backlight Issue?

I get no POST beeps or anything else. I tried to boot up the machine with no RAM and no HDD with the same results.I'd suggest downloading the instructions for your model from the mytoshiba support website, and using the specified procedure (varies between models) to clear the CMOS data in case it has become corrupted and is causing the BIOS to set an unbootable condition for the CPU. Beyond that, unless anyone else has another idea, service might be the only option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435125/possible-backlight-issue/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone! I have a ThinkPad L440. Just out of the box the lcd was very very dark (can see image with a flashlight) no backlight was on. I got a genuine replacement lcd, replaced and still same issue, no change. After that I have upgraded the BIOS to newest - didint help. This is not a driver issue as problem is presistant from start of the pc. External monitor works fine. Any ideas?

A:L440 LCD backlight issue

Hi Shlapenka,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

We are sorry to hear that LCD backlight is not working in L440 laptop.

Usually, these symptoms indicate a blown fuse on the motherboard.  The issue comes up frequently when LED-backlight screens are broken.  Lenovo does not do this type of repair (other than motherboard replacement).It can be done, but most places do not have the specialized equipment to diagnose and repair.

I would like to suggest you to visit the authorised Lenovo service centre for the hardware assistance.

https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/contactus/findaprovider

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best Regards,

Poojitha.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L440-LCD-backlight-issue/td-p/2262515
Relevancy 55.04%

Have a 940B 19" Samsung LCD monitor. Trying to find away to split the case to access internal components. Anyone have a clue?? I can't find a screw, latch, or anything that looks like it may allow entry. I've semi-pried at the seam of case, but too much resistance to really go for it.

Relevancy 54.61%

looking for a little help
i have an Advent 4211-b and the backlight seems to have failed on the lcd,

i have replaced the screen and connection cable, i have also run the latest bios updates but still the backlight does not seem to be working and the you can only just see what is showing on the screen

i have a feeling it might be a fault on the main board it self but i was just wondering if anyone else had any other idea to what might be causing the the fault.

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backlight-issue-on-advent-4211-b.897086/
Relevancy 54.61%

I've read on other forums that the DreamColor z24X monitor had a backlight issue that resulted in poor screen unifority. Some say that this problem was exclusive to earlier versions of the monitor, and it has since been fixed. Others disagree I'm considering purchasing a z24x, but I would like to hear about the backlight issue first. Can anyone comment? Has this problem been addressed?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/DreamColor-z24x-Backlight-Issue/td-p/5841819
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi!
I have a 7450 which suffered some liquid damage. The good thing is it still works and when plugged into an external monitor everything is hunky dory.
However, without an external screen the picture is barely visible. I thought the backlight had blown so I changed the screen however the replacement screen had the same issue?
I've read it is something to do with a fuse on the motherboard, is this correct? The replacement screen had the electronics bar (invertor?) as part of the screen but I did not change anything else.
Any help/advise would be much appreciated!
Thanks

A:Dell 7450 Backlight Issue

Hi Windowscrashedagain
Thanks for writing to us. 
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Please provide us the LCD part# you replaced? 
If the issue is still the same with new LCD, probably the LCD connector on the motherboard is gone. In which case we have to replace the motherboard.

Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985646
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi group,
It's a Dell Inspiron 5559, Windows 10. Can adjust keyboard backlight using f10, but it can't be turned off completely. Also, backlight stays on for just 5 seconds and can't be changed. Have spent more than 2 hours on the phone with tech support in India and accomplished nothing but burning up cell phone minutes. Can anybody offer a suggestion?
Thanx,
Ron

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987978
Relevancy 54.61%

Greetings everyone! I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 OS to the anniversary update recently and shortly after the update, my laptop's LCD backlight randomly went off and wouldn't go on. At first I thought it could be the drivers update that messed up the backlight but I knew it doesn't work that way. Here are the list of things I've tried: - Rebooting (obviously)- Reinstalled the Intel HD graphics card with the latest version from Lenovo's support- Reinstalled the Nvidia graphics card with the latest version from Lenovo's support- Also tried previous Intel & Nvidia graphics card driver versions- Keyboard's built-in backlight controller doesn't do anything I'm starting to think it's hardware related issue and if that's the case, where's the trusted website to obtain a LCD screen replacement to fix it myself (I've already found tutorials on how to replace it, because warranty expired literally last week...) Thanks!!!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-LCD-Backlight-Issue-After-Windows-10-Anniversary/td-p/3387753
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Running latest build of Windows 10 on a Samsung NP900X3A-B03UK. The Keyboard Backlight does not work and I don't know how or even if any of the Samsung Windows 8 apps/drivers will fix this.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can get this working. Everything else works fine.

Thanks in advance!

A:Samsung 9 Series Keyboard Backlight Issue

Originally Posted by ddevil77

Hi,

Running latest build of Windows 10 on a Samsung NP900X3A-B03UK. The Keyboard Backlight does not work and I don't know how or even if any of the Samsung Windows 8 apps/drivers will fix this.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can get this working. Everything else works fine.

Thanks in advance!

I had this same problem going from Win7 to Win8 and now again to Win10 Pro. It did not occur when I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 InsiderPreview. No matter, just go to the Samsung support site and reinstall the Windows 7/8 drivers and Easy Settings Setup (Samsung proprietary software) http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...NP900X4C-A01US.

Even after the updates and software installs it will crap out at random. Run the Settings program and the keyboard backlight magically comes back to life.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/7487-samsung-9-series-keyboard-backlight-issue.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Dell Inspiron RSE laptop the SE special edition of the R Lightning stroke the router which was connected to my laptop through an Ethernet cable The laptop was off during the strike lit. faintly or other backlight LED very only issue? Laptop screen problem LED but afterwards the Laptop LED screen only very faintly lit. LED backlight problem or other issue? router was fried and the laptop screen did not power on or so I thought when the Laptop LED screen only very faintly lit. LED backlight problem or other issue? laptop was powered on I then connected an external monitor to the VGA out and this works The graphics card also seems to be picked up correctly inside speccy HWMonitor Everest and CUDA acceleration works inside Adobe Premiere Pro so I guess I can rule out a fried GPU The monitor Part Number is N HGE L- rev ChiMei --- and in Everest it says Manufacturer HDKPV HGE --- http www laptopscreen com English screen-part-number N HGE-L As I said initially I thought the screen was completely blank but upon shining a light on the screen I can see an image on the screen just very faint btw the display brightness is set to max I then looked for the LCD power inverter but realised the screen is a LED screen so there is no inverter So I m thinking it could be a burned out fuse near the LCD connector cable on the motherboard itself or the LED backlight is burned out What do you think Other changes in my laptop state since the lightning strike the laptop seems to overheat when running Adobe Premiere Pro -- which is set to use GPU acceleration Using HWMonitor it seems to be the CPU not the GPU that overheats and all threads of the CPU are fully utilised say for instance during encoding -- not sure if this is supposed to be GPU accelerated On GPU accelerated effects like Warp Stabilization of Premiere Pro the GPU strangely seems underutilised while the CPU is working hard The motherboard fan does come on but the CPU and frame heats up to degrees Celsius and around there the laptop restarts With a laptop cooler it hovers around degrees Celsius under full load and degrees Celsius idle Now I m not sure what the GPU load and CPU temperatures were before the lightning strike but the laptop never had overheating problems before Btw the laptop power settings are set to performance and all these readings are with the power connector plugged in very seldom say once every uses the speakers on the laptop make a faint popping sound once or twice and I had an instance where the mm audio jack output did not work Not sure if this is merely coincidental Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Z Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc M YM Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Laptop LED screen only very faintly lit. LED backlight problem or other issue?

A fuse would make sense. Seems like you know what you're doing, so take the thing apart locate said fuse and put a multimeter across it, see the resistance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-led-screen-only-very-faintly-lit-led-backlight-problem-or-other-issue.1144126/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Team,

I bought a new Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop. From the initial stage itself keyboard backlight is not working. I cant find any symbol for backlight in Fn keys. Below option have tried,
BIOS - Turned on the backlight
Mobility center - No keyboard backlight option
Control panel - In keyboard properties no backlight tab o modify.
I am feeling very difficulty in working in dark places. Please anyone help me to fix this issue in my laptop.
My laptop model is
<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>
Let me know incase of any further details required.
Thanks in Advance

A:Dell Inspiron 5558 - Keyboard Backlight Issue

Dell 5558 comes with an optional keyboard. Apparently, the bios is tweaked for machines that come with a backlit keyboard while your machine doesn't. The only option is to purchase and replace a new backlit keyboard from EBAY or AmaZon and install it. That will work, do check out instructions before replacing keyboards.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19681405
Relevancy 52.89%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 52.89%

I had a nbsp customer dropp off an Inspiron laptop due to the quot not charging issue quot Therefore the dc jack power board was replaced However when the laptop was put back together and turned on we noticed that the LCD was extremely dark as though the backlight was shot When we hooked up the to an external monitor it worked great We thought it was the inverter so we replaced it and still quot no backlight quot We changed the lcd cable and still quot no backlight quot I even swapped out good!?!? are Inspiron Backlight and issue screen inverter 1525 but the LCD screen and still quot no backlight quot I tried the original LCD screen on an inspiron E and it worked Inspiron 1525 Backlight issue but inverter and screen are good!?!? great What the heck is going on I even tried connecting the LCD screen to another motherboard that we had Inspiron 1525 Backlight issue but inverter and screen are good!?!? around collecting dust and still no backlight I m extremely upset at this point This problem seems to defy all logic to me Obviously the LCD Screen and inverter are fully working Any thoughts Is there somekind of weird issue that only dell knows how to fix I m thinking of getting another motherboard but fearful it will not fix the problem What am I missing nbsp

A:Inspiron 1525 Backlight issue but inverter and screen are good!?!?

We are having the same issue.  Checked the inverter, screen, and cables... beginning to suspect the lid switch.  Has anyone else had this issue for know where the lid switch is? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19345366
Relevancy 52.89%

On my new Latitude E7470, I have noticed a slight variation in colour temperature or tint on the left and right sides of the screen, more so on the left. It is not severe by any means, but definitely noticeable when, for example, editing two word documents side by side. See pic below:

I guess what I'm asking is: is this normal? If not, can I expect it to be fixed with a screen replacement?
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982254
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

i have a notebook lenovo y570 that has a intel 3000 and a nvidia gt 555m card. My external asus vg248 monitor used to work through hdmi, but now it doesnt. I test with another laptop and the monitor works through hdmi... i must have changed some setting in my lenovo. The monitor says no hdmi signal.

I think something is wrong here:

help please!!

A:Asus monitor not working as external monitor for notebook

See if this helps:

Extending the desktop to the attached monitor with Microsoft Windows Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.
In the Display Properties dialog box, select the Settings tab.
Click the Display list and select your external monitor.
Note: For help identifying the monitors, click Identify.
Select Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor, then click Apply or OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/388264-asus-monitor-not-working-external-monitor-notebook.html
Relevancy 50.31%

New to the forum so Hello everyone.

I understand how to turn down the level of brightness through backlight control but how do I decrease the level even further? The slider in the brightness bar is all the way down (left) yet at nights the light from backlights are too bright!

Couldn't someone please help me out?

Dimming is an option but it still doesn't decrease backlight.

A:Backlight - Decreasing backlight Level more

let's see: there should be backlight and brightness adjustments on the monitor, plus contrast which does affect final light output somehow, plus all those except backlight should be duplicated inside video drivers on your computer and gamma on top of that. If it's a laptop then there should be some combination of Function key and arrows to adjust backlight directly. If you can't get the screen dark enough with all those controls, could be something wrong. If controls are too limited and your environment is totally dark then buy anti glare screen protector, that usually cuts the light coming out probably at least by half.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/209864-backlight-decreasing-backlight-level-more.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys, again!

I've got an old Dell LCD monitor that came with my 4800 and for some reason when I turn it on the backlight only stays lit for a second before it turns off. The image is still displayed as I can see it if I tilt a flashlight sideways against the screen but theres no backlight. Also, if I turn the monitor on an off, it progressively stays on longer and eventually stays on for good, like it's charging itself up, however if it sits off for a bit it will start kicking off again. Ever hear of this problem? And how bad is it to fix? Maybe I need a replacement?

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a dell laptop Connected Monitor Screen Resolution Monitor Laptop Issue External To that has x resolution However i connect it to an external monitor Laptop Monitor Screen Connected To External Monitor Resolution Issue that has x resolution Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a window or so to the other screen like youtube etc to the laptop screen which is the secondary monitor My issue at the moment is everything is way too big on the laptop screen I want to have x resolution but its way too big I googled what is my resolution on it and it shows x Can someone tell me how to change this to x I googled what is my resolution on the external monitor and it does show x which is correct My external monitor which is my main monitor is fine at the moment with the x Its windows but im assuming this should be very similar to windows to fix this issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/401454-laptop-monitor-screen-connected-external-monitor-resolution-issue.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a dell laptop that has x resolution However i connect it to an external monitor that has x resolution Basically almost everything i do Connected Screen Issue Monitor Monitor Resolution Laptop To External is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen Laptop Monitor Screen Connected To External Monitor Resolution Issue Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a window or so to the other screen like youtube etc to the laptop screen which is the secondary monitor My issue at the moment is everything is way too big on the laptop screen I want to have x resolution but its way too big I googled what is my resolution on it and it shows x Can someone tell me how to change this to x I googled what is my resolution on the external monitor and it does show x which is correct My external monitor which is my main monitor is fine at the moment with the x Its windows but im assuming this should be very similar to windows to fix this issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401454-laptop-monitor-screen-connected-external-monitor-resolution-issue.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a dell laptop that has 1920x1080 resolution. However, i connect it to an external monitor that has 1920x1200 resolution. Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen. Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a window or so to the other screen like youtube etc to the laptop screen.
My issue at the moment is everything is way too big on the laptop screen. I want to have 1920x1080 resolution but its way too big. I googled what is my resolution on it and it shows 1536 x 864. Can someone tell me how to change this to 1920x1080?
My external monitor which is my main monitor is fine at the moment with the 1920x1200.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66365-external-monitor-laptop-monitor-screen-resolution-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a WIN XP XP and new ASUS VH226H 22 inch wide screen monitor. I cannot figure out how to get my PC to recognize it. It still says plug and play monitor in the advanced settings.

Thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

I have been having trouble with my ASUS monitor, the problem is that whenever the screen gets dark (For example say im watching a movie and they go into a cave or somewhere with a low light level) my monitor goes completely black i think the back lighting is turning off. If anyone can help it is greatly appreciated it has been an annoyance since the day i got it. Here is some other information about my computer:

Monitor - ASUS VE247H
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
GPU - EVGA Nvidia GTX 460 SE
RAM - 6GB DDR3 Triple channel
CPU - Intel Core i7 950

Relevancy 45.58%

I have an HP monitor HP w 2207 that comes with a VGA cord. It worked great with my windows 7 laptop but
now that I have a new windows 10 that does not come with only usb connections I bought an adapter VGA
to USB and connected the monitor to a USB 3 port.

The monitor comes on for a second and says Monitor Going to Sleep and then the screen turns black.

The VGA adapter said I didn't have to install any drivers so I don't know what to do now. Help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Computer-issue-Monitor-giving-quot-monitor-going-to-sleep/td-p/5673901
Relevancy 45.58%

I have just did a clean install of Windows ultimate from XP and I am unable to get my dual monitors to work like they Dual monitor is secondary undetectable monitor issue, did in XP I have a DVI Radeon graphics card plugged into the agp slot and a Nvidia geforce vga adapter plugged into a pci slot of my dell optiplex When I am in the screen resolution settings the second monitor cannot be detected In bios I have options under primary video adapter and they are auto and onboard card When set to auto the Nvidia card gets a signal but the Radeon does not There are no conflicts in the device manager and all of the drivers are up to date When I change the bios option to onboard card the Radeon adapter gets a signal but the other monitor cannot be detected and in device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark next to Standard VGA adapter and a code error that Dual monitor issue, secondary monitor is undetectable states the device could not be started I have powered down and unplugged every cable I also tried to use the integrated VGA adapter to the Intel G G Q Dual monitor issue, secondary monitor is undetectable Q Graphics Controller but the computer will not even boot I get quot System Halted Attention Unsupported Video Configuration Detected quot I have two monitors both work fine as standalones but Windows will not detect either as a secondary Please help me someone I am so used to having my helpdesk email open in one monitor and all of my other work in the other monitor

A:Dual monitor issue, secondary monitor is undetectable

Welcome!

Try updating your card drivers. Go into Device Manager and right-click on your display adapter.

I suspect that the cards are too old, though. We will see.

~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/53130-dual-monitor-issue-secondary-monitor-undetectable.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Here is my problem. I have a primary monitor and then I run S-Video out to the TV so I can watch video clips.

With Vista, I had no trouble starting a video clip in media player on the primary screen and then dragging it over to the second monitor (TV) for actual viewing.
However, I tried to do that with Windows 7-it won't let me drag Media Player over to the second monitor. I can drag other applications to the second Window (Word, Browsers), but not any media program. Even tried another media player application.

Not sure what to do-how can I get this to work? I want to be able to watch TV/Movies on my second monitor.

Jim

A:Dual Monitor Issue-Can't drag MedPlay to Second Monitor

Actually update. I have a hard time dragging anything to my second display. I never had trouble dragging things to my second monitor before. When I get to the right edge of my main display, the window dragging stops..I can't get it to the second monitor. What am I doing wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/42680-dual-monitor-issue-cant-drag-medplay-second-monitor.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi.

Recently bought this monitor
ASUS - Display- VK278Q
Connected it with the HDMI from my ATI Radeon HD 5770
Im using Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit

I assumed windows would adjust or install whatever drivers needed to get full output from the monitor.

Nope.

Resolution is allegedly at full but the whole screen does not fill up and the quality looks crappy.

Cant find any drivers or cant seem to know what to do.

Do I need drivers for the monitor?
New drivers for my HD Card?
New drivers for windows?

Please Help!

Thanks

A:Asus Monitor VK278

Hello Hostelo,

You practically have the same monitor as I do. I have the Asus VE278Q, which is the same but without the built-in camera. I also have similar graphics with a Sapphire HD5870.

I found that using a DisplayPort or DVI connection at both ends worked best for me. I had the same issue of the black border when using HDMI on these monitors sometimes.
You might see if installing the Microsoft certification for the monitor from ASUS below may help.

ASUS - Display- VK278Q

I'm also using the latest 13.6 Beta 2 AMD video driver.
AMD Catalyst
...or you could try the latest 13.4 WHQL video driver.
AMD Catalyst

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/28719-asus-monitor-vk278.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I currently am using a monitor that's been messing up lately. I don't have another monitor to use except an All-In-One with a messed up hard drive. Does my All-In-One have a HDMI input to use or do I have to change out the hard drive into it? Any and all help is great, I need my computer ASAP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630871/asus-all-in-one-et2220i-as-a-monitor/
Relevancy 45.15%

i just got this one like 2 days ago, and i find all the colors settings dont look right, and no matter what i do it dont seem to be right, im using a 9800GTX + DVI with it, anyone got this and could post there color settings for me? thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-got-a-asus-vw192t-monitor.815230/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading my AOC 17" Monitor to this Asus VK222H 22" Monitor and I was hoping you guys could help me with a couple of things:

1 - On the information page for the Asus VK222H Monitor (http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=369487) it states under 'Faulty pixel tolerance' that the monitor "may have some pixel defects". What does that actually mean, is there something wrong with the monitor?

2 - Will I be able to run games at the same specs with this monitor as I was able to with my current one? My specs are: XP, Athlon 7750, 4GB Ram, Radeon HD 4830.

3 - I use the computer for watching movies, playing games, and work. Do you think this is a good choice?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Chris

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I put on my A G laptop today and the first thing I noticed was that the startup screen -- rather than its normal black -- was red The Windows logo popped up A6G Monitor ASUS Problem but ASUS A6G Monitor Problem the colors were weird Then it went to the point where it s supposed to go black for a few seconds before the welcome screen and again that was a red color Logging in everything looked off and weird -- sort of pinkish reddish I could see greens blues browns yellows and reds ASUS A6G Monitor Problem displaying but again off and strangely saturated Now I did some searching and LCD monitors that get a quot red tint quot tend to indicate a dying CCFL backlight Could this be the case here I don t have a picture ATM I can post one but the color is extremely uniform -- it s just a solid red when it should be black no apparent variation Possibly this can happen with a dying backlight I m not sure but is it possible that it could be an issue with the seating of the video cable or a crimped wire I ve got some pictures here now http img imageshack us img screen db jpg http img imageshack us img screen asm jpg http img imageshack us img screen pu jpg http img imageshack us img screen wd jpg Note any blurriness is just because of the photos being taken in low light couldn t get the room any brighter and flash would wash all the detail out The worst thing is that I m due to take a working vacation at the end of the week and I really need the laptop working properly Any advice is greatly appreciated I had some success talking about problems with this laptop previously here though I suspect this is unrelated What s sad is that this is laptop almost exactly two weeks out of its year warranty Timing nbsp

A:ASUS A6G Monitor Problem

If its only 2 weeks out, then maybe they'll still fix it under warranty - some companies will fix things if they are just out of warranty, it'd be worth calling to find out for sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a6g-monitor-problem.588415/
Relevancy 45.15%

Three years ago I bought the Asus VW224 Monitor. It's worked wonderfully every day until this past week. Three days ago, the screen began flickering occasionally - the picture would not go away completely, just dim and then return to full brightness. Last night, the monitor finally dimmed and then went black, although it was still on. If I turn it off and then on again, it will briefly show my dimmed desktop, then go to black again.

I don't mind the excuse to get a new HD monitor, but I'd like to salvage the current one as well if I can. Does anyone know what might be wrong? I'm hesitating to open up the thing and look at the board until someone with experience advises me to do so.

Thanks!

Relevancy 45.15%

My monitor, ASUS VE205, has a signal for 1/10th of a second. Then it goes off/hibernates. I bought the monitor and ASUS Essentio Desktop CM5671 at the same time, in 8/2010. This problem just started. I switched monitors. Everything works fine with the Acer monitor. I viewed old posts. Someone suggested unplugging power cord and holding power button down. I tried that. The monitor still won't stay on. Any suggestions?. Obviously, I am out of warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-ve205-monitor.1044906/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there
Don't get jealous - but I'm thinking of taking delivery of one of these. I always buy MYSELF an XMAS present too !!! - yes that time of year coming up.

Just wondering if any decent Video cards can support video at this resolution (4K - 3840 X 2160 ).

While it's "only" a 32 inch screen this beats ANYTHING I've seen so far by a universe.

Any extreme gamers out there -- I'm not a gamer but I know some of you guys play around with all sorts of Video cards so you might have some info.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/34014-asus-pq321qe-hi-res-monitor.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Asus VW266H ($375) vs Viewsonic VX2640W ($399)
Both 25.5 viewable

300 cd/m^2 vs 400 cd/m^2

Viewsonic does not have DVI
both have HDMI

Image Contrast Ratio
20000:1 (dynamic) vs 1000:1 / 4000:1 (dynamic)

Color Support
24-bit (16.7 million colors) vs Up to 16.2 million colors

Gray Response Time 2 ms vs 3 ms

Which one would you choose? Any other ideas?

A:New monitor Asus vs Viewsonic

Come on and give us a clue what you want to know.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/220972-new-monitor-asus-vs-viewsonic.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Could use some help.

I have spent hours looking for drivers for this monitor on the Asus site with absolutely no luck.
I have check many other sites with no luck also.
All the Asus site shows are drivers for Windows 8 but not Windows 7.

Malwarebytes blocks many of the non Asus sites.
If I can I would like to have drivers with out installing Java first.

Asus VE278Q

A:Asus VE278Q monitor

hi only thing i find is the utilities https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/VE2...Desk_Download/

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/385902-asus-ve278q-monitor.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I have 3 monitors, BenQ RL2450, two of them via DVI and one via HDMI.

Issue, HDMI connected monitor goes black every now and then. Not really a pattern in it. Sometimes it can flicker black once every 5 min, sometimes once every 30 minutes. Monitors are ok, checked with other computers, cables are OK, tested on different monitors and HDMI on TV.

I am suspecting drivers, so did a complete uninstall with graphic removal tool, then installed latest WHQL and beta drivers, still the same. Seen several users with the same issue, but no solution.

Graphic card keeps 40-50 Celsius while gaming, so that's not the issue.

Just can't remember back when I did not have this issue, hasn't been there forever.

All monitors on 60Hz, and with the same resolution.

Tips/tricks whatever really, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Asus GTX 670 DC - monitor goes black sometimes

I just did a test, reverted back to March 2013 drivers - 314.22 - and it's been stable and no black screens since the downgrade.
Found this post at Geforce.com if someone has the same issue.

Quote from the user:

I work for a game developer, so our company uses a lot of GPUs.
I encountered this issue yesterday when I installed my old BFG GeForce 275 GTX OC card in my new GigaByte GA-Z87N-WIFI motherboard, connected to a new Asus VS248H-P monitor, all on Windows 8.1 Pro, and updated the nVidia drivers.
Thankfully our IT guy has seen this issue on -multiple- nVidia cards in our studio, and so when I asked him about it, he immediately said to use the 314.22-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe driver. He even had a copy ready to give me. He said that in his experience this has been the last good revision of the drivers since they made a change that has caused problems ever since.
For your convenience I have found a copy of the driver on nVidia's site you can download:
NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL
Note that, per the driver name, you will need to be installing on a 64-bit copy of either Windows 7 or Windows 8 or 8.1. I'm sure with more hunting you can find a copy of the driver at the same revision for a different operating system.
Full steps I took:
Started Windows, used F8 and rolled back to previous System Restore point to remove current drivers.
Went to About - Display Driver Uninstaller and downloaded DDU
Ran DDU. It asked me to reboot in safe mode before proceeding. I did so.
Used DDU to remove all nVidia drivers (pick NVIDIA at the top left). I also temporarily disabled Windows Update when it told me to.
I used the '... and reboot' option ('highly recommended') after using DDU.
I ran the 314.22-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe driver listed above. I chose Express install and let it do its own damn thing.
All is now working for me great! -- I was getting ready to RMA my monitor, too, but now it works fine. I guess it really is all nVidia's fault!
I hope my IT guy's wisdom and experience can help someone else here. (P.S. He also thought it was a joke that nVidia was asking people to send their cards in so they could diagnose this.)

---

Going to keep an eye on the issue for some days, and mark as solved if this one helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/44334-asus-gtx-670-dc-monitor-goes-black-sometimes.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey Everyone I recently bought a new LCD HD monitor because my old monitor stopped working I got the Asus LCD HD VW H and conected my computer HP Pavillion through DVI and my PS through HDMI It worked fine until yesterday when my monitor blacked out the screen was completely black It looked like it was turned off but the blue light on the power button was still on and no matter how many times I pressed it the monitor wouldn t turn off and I had to unplug the power cable and plug it back on The monitor turned on Ever since that happen the monitor blacks out randomly and I have no idea what might be the problem It blacks LCD Monitor HD Problem Asus out while I m Asus HD LCD Monitor Problem using my PS and the PC and I checked the power options so thats not causing the problem My Graphics Card is an ATI Radeon X series Hope you can help because this was a huge investiment and it s only two weeks old I m Portuguese by the ways so sorry for any spelling mistakes nbsp

A:Asus HD LCD Monitor Problem

If the monitor has failed, which it sounds like it is, then you need to take it back to the place of purchase for exchange or contact Asus for warranty service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-hd-lcd-monitor-problem.931980/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have installed the board with an Athlon xp 1700. all is well but at the post I get that the monitor has found an erro0r in the Power part of the bios setup menus. If I ignore it and go on all is ok but I checked everything and can't find an error.
I downloaded a new BIOS from ASUS a7v8xx05.zip but it would not install. Says "different model of bios" What gives? Can't get a rtesponse from ASUS Tech.
Thanks,
Bob

A:HDW Monitor Error Asus A7v8x-x

Probably the wrong model of system board, if a different model BIOS. Are you sure the one inside your machine is an A7V8X-X? Check your documentation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdw-monitor-error-asus-a7v8x-x.6072/
Relevancy 44.72%

ASUS VS24AH-P 24-Inch LED-Lit Monitor

I been using this monitor for many months connecting it to my laptop without any issue. However there has been times when i would see No signal on my monitor but screen would then work as usually. Recently when i started my computer, i got this message and monitor doesn't work at all. I use HDMI to HDMI as my laptop has hdmi port. Monitor doesn't work at all. I made sure i am in hdmi mode in monitor and still nothing works.

Does anyone know whats the issue here? It just stopped working.

A:Asus Monitor HDMI No Signal?

Sometimes this can be a "Handshaking" Issue. Try powering down the laptop and unplug the monitor. (never plug or un plug HDMI while hot) when you have the hdmi cable plugged in, plug power to monitor and restart, that may help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/379488-asus-monitor-hdmi-no-signal.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've enjoyed a lot of the useful information from you all on this forum My problem is that when I connect my Acer Aspire T Laptop to my Asus Monitor MT via HDMI I get video on my Asus but no sound through its speakers I'm getting sound through my laptop though I'm unable to see the HDMI sound icon when I use quot Manage Audio Devices quot even though I checked to show disabled and disconnected devices I think it may be because of my graphics or sound card which I've tried updating via Monitor HDMI via sound No to ASUS device manager but still no luck My system specs are to the right and if you require any other information let me know No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor Any suggestions on how I can get sound through the monitor's speakers SOLVED I now get sound and video via HDMI through my Asus monitor The way I got it to work was by updated my chipset driver to an older version Steps I took Go to Device Manager Open Display Adapters and right click and select Update Driver Software Select Browse my computer for driver software Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer I then was given a list of drivers and selected the oldest version I restarted my computer and plugged in the HDMI and the HDMI icon magically showed up when I went into Playback Devices I have updated the OP to show my solution Thank you all for your help You guys have a very good community here

A:No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor

Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound panel. If you have HDMI Audio, there will be an icon for this. Set this as the default playback device and that should get you HDMI Audio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/129829-no-sound-via-hdmi-asus-monitor.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am at my wits end on this one I need help before I go completely insane mobo Dual w/ Asus Monitor Working on building a nice little computer for my personal use its a true Frankenstin Monster to begin with My mobo Dual Monitor w/ Asus mobo is an ASUS P SGX-MX socket The on-board grpahics card is the standard SiS I installed a left over NVIDIA GeForce MX MX given to me by a friend for free I would like to have two monitors working at the same time on this PC Here's what I've done so far please bear with me its hours pass my bedtime and I am delirious with fatigue In the bios I set the onboard as the primary and the monitor on the right works the display adapter in Windows XP Pro only shows the SiS adapter and not the GeForce In the bios I set the primary to AGP and the monitor on the left works but the one on the right does not Windows shows the GeForce adapter but not the SiS In the bios I set the primary to PCI and get the same results as setting it to the AGP as above I know I have the monitor resolutions the same on both but I also noticed that with which ever monitor working the IRQ is automatically set to is this a problem Has anyone been able to get dual monitors to work with this mobo

A:Dual Monitor w/ Asus mobo

welcome

i believe you need a video card that has dual screen outputs.
or

check out video splitters here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dual-monitor-w-asus-mobo-83722.html
Relevancy 44.72%

please help me when i turn on my monitor it says vga no signal, i dont have a graphic card, it was working fine b4 idk why it start happening now :/i tried to re plug the cable and that didnt work and everything else i can think of, please someone help me.

A:my screen asus monitor says vga no signal

did you push the wrong button on front and switch the input

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/283683-my-screen-asus-monitor-says-vga-no-signal.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I wanted to get the forum advice regarding my PW201 monitor, it stopped working today :<
it has USB hubs on the side and if I attach USB device then that device works.
the monitor power button is touch button and I suspect that that is the problem but I don't know how to check

Thank you.

Relevancy 44.72%

My laptop screen on my asus Eee 1001ha has broke and I want to plug it in to a monitor. When I plug it in to the monitor it shows the windows start up screen but then goes blank. Ive tried pressing (fn)+f8 but I have a log in screen which I have to get past before I am able to press (fn)+ f8 to make it work. I cant see my log in screen so therefor am not able to get past it. Is there any other way to get my laptop to connect to the monitor? or is there anyway to reset my computer so it doesnt have a log in screen ? Please help !!

Relevancy 44.72%

My friend hit his laptop with a flyswatter and messed up the monitor. I tried connecting it to an external monitor but all I get is a screen saver. I can use the mouse to open programs but they won't open on the monitor. Does anyone know how to disable the laptop monitor? It's a touch screen.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My problem is that when I connect my Motherboard to my ASUS VS247HR 23.6 Monitor via HDMI,
I get display/video output fine but no sound through its speakers.
Device Manager Screenshot:

Hardware and Sound:

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64
Cooler Master: MasterCase 5
VS Series? VS650 ? 650 Watt Power Supply
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - GA-H170M-D3H
Hydro Series? H55 Quiet CPU Cooler
Intel? Core? i7-6700K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.20 GHz)
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
ASUS VS247HR 23.6" Monitor, FHD (1920x1080), 2ms, HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
Logitech Media Keyboard & Mouse Combo MK200
D-Link DWA-123 Wireless N 150 USB Adapter Revision D

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66028-help-please-no-sound-via-hdmi-asus-monitor.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I can not for the life of me figure this one out Asus a v amd bit ati radeon xt Windows XP Home SP I should skt: Shuts 9600xt 939 a8v Asus Down Monitor start by saying that I downloaded the catalyst control center from ati com and loaded the latest drivers from there However after thats when the problem started Whenever I try to open anything my monitor magically shuts itself off but my computer stays on When I turn my moniter back on it shows that I dont have a signal for like seconds and then BOOM my computer restarts itself I found a slight fix to the problem 9600xt Asus a8v skt: 939 Monitor Shuts Down I removed the catalyst contol center from my computer and removed the video card drivers I then grabbed the CD that came with my xt to load the drivers off of 9600xt Asus a8v skt: 939 Monitor Shuts Down it they are very old drivers As old as the drivers are they fixed the monitor shutdown problems However I 9600xt Asus a8v skt: 939 Monitor Shuts Down recently bought Battlefield direct X c and I just knew it was going to be quot buggy quot due to the fact that my drivers are so old I want to play this game but Im kind of in a pickle here I need to update the drivers but I know what problems this causes Any help would be greatly appreciated -A Isakson nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9600xt-asus-a8v-skt-939-monitor-shuts-down.27377/
Relevancy 44.72%

Despite going through the basic steps in disabling any other playback device but my monitor, I am still having trouble getting any sound on my monitor. I have an Asus VS238H-P and it is plugged from my laptop by a HDMI cable. Here is what I currently have:

Any idea what is wrong? If any additional information is needed, I'd be glad to provide it to you.

A:No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor

tnguyen9175 welcome to the Seven Forums.

Is this the monitor?

http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VS238H/

If so it doesn't have any speakers in it. What it has is a headphone jack on the back, which would require self powered speakers of headphones to get sound from it.

P.S. You also don't have the driver for the built in audio, as it is showing as "high definition audio device". It would show the proper name of whatever the built in audio is (Realtek, IDT, etc) with the proper driver installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/305958-no-sound-via-hdmi-asus-monitor.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All,

I have a Asus VK278Q Monitor with integrated webcam
https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Monitors/VK278Q/
The software that came with the webcam was called LifeFrame and I remember it last working with Windows 7
I tried to install it with on Windows 10 (64 bit) I currently have but its not compatible (installs ok but does not open) and I don't see any other options on the Asus site for it.

Tried opening using Run as Admin and nothing
Tried Compatibility Troubleshooter and nothing

I remember the app for this being real crappy too.

Any other way to install this webcam via Windows 10 and just have windows detect the webcam for using in apps??
Anyone else had this problem happen and resolved it??

Please Help!!

A:ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam

Hi,

Give this a try:

Update ASUS MultiFrame Software
Download ASUS MultiFrame Software
Install ASUS LifeFrame 3.1.13
Download ASUS LifeFrame 3.1.13

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39877-asus-vk278q-monitor-webcam.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All,

I have a Asus VK278Q Monitor with integrated webcam
https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Monitors/VK278Q/
The software that came with the webcam was called LifeFrame and I remember it last working with Windows 7
I tried to install it with on Windows 10 (64 bit) I currently have but its not compatible (installs ok but does not open) and I don't see any other options on the Asus site for it.

Tried opening using Run as Admin and nothing
Tried Compatibility Troubleshooter and nothing

I remember the app for this being real crappy too.

Any other way to install this webcam via Windows 10 and just have windows detect the webcam for using in apps??
Anyone else had this problem happen and resolved it??

Please Help!!

A:ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam

Hi,

Give this a try:

Update ASUS MultiFrame Software
Download ASUS MultiFrame Software
Install ASUS LifeFrame 3.1.13
Download ASUS LifeFrame 3.1.13

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39877-asus-vk278q-monitor-webcam.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

Ive bought a new widescreen 22" Asus monitor and I have it plugged in to my m9750 alienware laptop. I have recently installed the newest drivers from alienware (card is Nvidia Go 7950 GTX ) .

Im running windows xp, 2gb ram, 200gb drive.

I have posted a youtube video showing my problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UHLyTGQuDQ

How can i solve this flickering? Im going to plug the monitor to my other PC when I get a chance and see if the problem presists so I can see if the problem is coming from the monitor or the actual configuration/grafics card of my laptop.

Thanks in advance.

A:Asus VW221D monitor flickering

b.u.m.p. ^_^

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-vw221d-monitor-flickering.764748/
Relevancy 44.72%

Just bought the asus vg hz monitor I was really happy about it for - days until my monitor got a bit wierd Its hard to explain but my monitor make this black shadow looking quot line quot behind monitor. Problem my VG248 ASUS new with letters tabs and pretty Problem with my new ASUS VG248 monitor. much everything i move on my monitor So if i was to move this tab across my monitor all the edges would get this black quot blur quot behind everything i was moving This was not a problem in the beginning This problem does not just appear on my deskop but aslo while gaming The corners i look at while playing csgo for example gets this black line behind Problem with my new ASUS VG248 monitor. This doesn t happen while standing still An important thing to notice is that this aslo happens if i play at hz or if i play on Problem with my new ASUS VG248 monitor. my PS Switching to the HDMI cable didn t work I also didn t manage to download the ASUS vg software Probably not the best explanation but a solution to this problem would be appreciated Probably not the best pictures either but may help you get an idea of what i mean nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys, I recently purchased this motherboard and installed it yesterday. I correctly installed the mobo, cpu and the cables to the hd and other components. I was wondering why my monitor does not power. I tried plugging it to my external VGA card (Radeon 9200) and the built in VGA. Nothing goes to the monitor.

P.S. I'm using a Intel Celeron 340 2.93GHz.

Thanks!

A:ASUS P4V8X-MX - No monitor input

I used to have that mobo... its very reliable. Try plugging the monitor cable in the other way. I've found that they fit on the right way and the wrong way so try putting it the other way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4v8x-mx-no-monitor-input.43836/
Relevancy 44.72%

Not sure this post belongs here....
I am considering getting an Asus VN279QL monitor 27". It is slightly used.
At the moment I have an Acer X243w 24"
The Asus monitor says its native resolution is 1920 by 1080. While that of the Acer is 1920 by 1200. But the Asus says it's Full HD. Would that make the Asus monitor better even though its resolution is lesser?
The Contrast ratio on the Asus is considerably higher.
And the Asus monitor is much more recent than my Acer.
Is it worth getting this monitor now? Or should I still hang in there for a year or so before it's worth getting a better monitor?
I am using a Geforce GTX 950.
I use both Windows 10, and Ubuntu.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/advise-about-getting-asus-vn279ql-monitor-4603689/
Relevancy 44.72%

so i got a computor from another guy and tested it there and everything worked but now at home the monitor says "dvi no signal". i tried it with hdmi too and it didn't work. i have no idea what the problem is. it worked before and nothing has been touched or anything inside it. does any1 have any ideas as to why this happened?

A:DVI no signal Asus lcd monitor VG248

Since you are using a monitor I'm going to assume this is a desktop computer.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Is the monitor being used known to work?

Does this computer have a dedicated video card as well as integrated graphics on the motherboard?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550876/dvi-no-signal-asus-lcd-monitor-vg248/
Relevancy 44.72%

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum ahead of time Basically I want to buy a new monitor for around bucks Most of my daily activities a recommendation) Asus monitor...(need Samsung or on my computer consist of typing on Office school work watching youtube Asus or Samsung monitor...(need a recommendation) and or divx movies usually avi format on occasion playing d yahoo chess or other simple games chatting on trillian browsing social networking sites and listening to music I almost never play games I may play one every once and a while but it is really really rare So which of these is better suited for me Asus quot http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Samsung quot http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Some people tell me the Samsung is better while others say the Asus is because of the response time I don t mind the extra bucks for the Asus considering it seems to have Asus or Samsung monitor...(need a recommendation) some better specs like response time which allows me to see more detail What do you recommend nbsp

A:Asus or Samsung monitor...(need a recommendation)

They both have good enough specs to do what you need.
So it's a matter of preference,which do you like better.

If you can handle one that is a little smaller,you can get
this for $99 with free shipping.
Unless you actually need the hdmi input.
Staples.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-or-samsung-monitor-need-a-recommendation.889197/
Relevancy 44.72%

I should AOC I Which buy? Asus VS247H-P monitor or IPS i2367Fh? m looking to replace my ancient Dell E FP monitor After some research I ve settled on these two choices due to my budget http www amazon com Asus-VS H-P- - -Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit dp B BZNDS ref cm cr pr product top vs http www amazon com AOC-i Fh- -Inch-Screen-Monitor dp B V F ref cm cr pr product top I m having a hard time deciding between these two from what I ve gathered so far these are the pros and cons of the two monitors I Which monitor should I buy? Asus VS247H-P or AOC IPS i2367Fh? m not too tech-savvy so I could be wrong ASUS pros - slightly bigger inch - has a lot more reviews and slightly higher rating on amazon and suggested by many on the internet as a good low-budget monitor neutral - has an overall better look than AOC - ms response time not a big deal to me - I ve heard of good and bad things about the costumer service - mixed reviews about color quality cons - many complaints about defective pixels and apparently Asus does not cover them - many complaints about flimsy wobbly stand - some complaints about the monitor Which monitor should I buy? Asus VS247H-P or AOC IPS i2367Fh? having various types of screen Which monitor should I buy? Asus VS247H-P or AOC IPS i2367Fh? defects after some time - not an IPS panel - no integrated speakers AOC pros - IPS panel better image - slightly cheaper at the moment neutral - ms response time not a big deal to me - I know it isn t bezel-less I m not looking for a dual monitor setup so it doesn t matter to me however the black border does look a bit awkward - some people complain about the buttons being in an awkward place but that doesn t seem like a problem - the integrated speakers aren t that good - no VESA mount but it doesn t matter because I don t want one cons - there are some complaints about the stand being wobbly or uneven but not as much as ASUS - some complaints about half of the screen turning pink purple a bit worrisome since there are a number of people who had this problem - I have never heard of the AOC brand until my friend brought it up therefore I don t know the quality of their products or their costumer service As for me I m not a hardcore gamer but I do play a lot of games I don t know the color quality comparison of these two but I feel like the image quality is more important than the response time The many complaints about the Asus monitor gives me a lot of doubts whether to buy it or not despite its popularity but it seems like there have been no recent complaints perhaps because Asus got their together now But on the other hand I have not heard much about the AOC monitor so I m also unsure Any help would be very much appreciated an alternative would be fine too if it s in the price range nbsp

A:Which monitor should I buy? Asus VS247H-P or AOC IPS i2367Fh?

You outlined the pros and cons well . This is my opinion: go with the AOC since it has an IPS display (better colors), small bezels (allows for a better multi-monitor experience), is IPS + LED (the ASUS is only LED) and it has 2 HDMI inputs (vs 1 on the ASUS). The average reviews may be higher for the ASUS but the AOC seems like a more attractive option overall. This is just my opinion .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-monitor-should-i-buy-asus-vs247h-p-or-aoc-ips-i2367fh.200881/
Relevancy 44.72%

This problem that I am having is that the monitor constantly gets dark then bright on the upper portion of my monitor (flickering). Can someone please help me it is a very annoying problem.

A:ASUS VE276 Monitor Problem

Hiya julius and welcome to TSG.

Looks like a nice monitor and especially in that price range. Make sure you`re running the correct and up to date drivers for your graphics card and system and set the resolution to it`s native 1920 x 1200 (16:10). Perhaps fiddling with the refresh rate might help too.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-ve276-monitor-problem.994012/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have the dual monitor thing working and everything. I have my laptop and attached it using HDMI to a HDTV. The problem is that i cant get my desktop to my laptop. The HDMI cable, when plugged into my laptop makes the TV display the desktop automatically. Because of this, when i enable the dual screen, it extends my desktop to my laptop screen, and uses my tv for the main monitor. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Dual Monitor Main Monitor Issue

There's a nice guide here

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/261173-dual-monitor-main-monitor-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys,

Basically I was wondering how would I set up my Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor.

I have a HP Pavilion all in one computer

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4007499

The computer has no HDMI Cable in the back or a DVI or VGA. All It has is USB and LAN ports.

I wanted to hook it up so i can use my xbox 360 on it.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys,

Basically I was wondering how would I set up my Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor.

I have a HP Pavilion all in one computer

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4007499

The computer has no HDMI Cable in the back or a DVI or VGA. All It has is USB and LAN ports.

I wanted to hook it up so i can use my xbox 360 on it.

A:How would I set up my Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor

Closing duplicate too: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1100936-how-would-i-set-up.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-would-i-set-up-my-asus-vs238h-p-23-inch-full-hd-led-lit-lcd-monitor.1100933/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

My son threw a toy into it and now the screen is shattered as you can see. I wonder if anyone could give a a repair estimate or suggest where to get one.
There are no electronics repairs shops close to where I live and I don't want to pay for shipping sending it to ASUS. I need estimate for my insurance.

A:Repair estimate for ASUS PG278q monitor

In most cases the repair would be more than replacement and the vale for ins. would be the replacement price being that screen is most of the cost of it. Other than that Asus would be the only real option.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/repair-estimate-asus-pg278q-monitor-276822/
Relevancy 44.29%

I just bought a "22 ASUS mx279h monitor For my ps4. Strictly for my ps4 and it was working for the first couple days, then it went to a grey screen. I hear my ps4 when I move the joystick through my headphones. When I click to a different HDMI it shows the screen changing to it, but when I go to the one with my ps4 on it it says no signal or have a pitch grey screen no responding. when it was working the previous night. Can some one reply to me!

A:Grey screen for my ASUS mx279h monitor

Three possibilities :- 

First and simplest, the cable could be faulty. Try a different cable, borrow one if necessary.

Second, the output from your PS4 could be faulty. Try it on a different monitor, perhaps a friend's.

Third, there could be a fault on the monitor. Try a different signal source on the socket you are using for the PS4 and try the PS4 in a different socket.

If the cable and the PS4 test OK then the fault lies in the monitor. You say you have just bought it. Have a word with your supplier about replacement.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596926/grey-screen-for-my-asus-mx279h-monitor/
Relevancy 44.29%

My current setup involves a single monitor DisplayPort 144hz VG248QE Monitor Asus blurry is at connection and x desktop resolution No matter what settings I try my Asus VG248QE Monitor is blurry at 144hz games and videos are blurry and appear to render at a much lower refresh rate than they should I ve fiddled Asus VG248QE Monitor is blurry at 144hz with the monitor and found that setting trace free at enables a weird ghosting effect which is not so bad at I ve switched between DisplayPort and DVI-D Dual Link going so far as to switch the DVI between the Analog and Digital outputs of my Graphics Card with little-to-no difference I have played several games with the Fraps framerate display enabled Dragon Age Origins Deus Ex the old one Descent Freespace and Skyrim The framerate remained above fps in DAO a constant in Deus Ex with the special launcher in Freespace and in Skyrim though fps Skyrim is too buggy to play I have also tried various Vsync settings to no avail They all appear blurry when they should be sharp and I get screen tearing on some games My mouse has a relatively low dpi so I only test the visual quality using keyboard commands Using the UFO Frame Test the image is blurred in four possible refresh rates and I have also installed the Toasty X Strobelight tool whether Lightboost is on or off the only difference is in monitor brightness I upgraded to a proper gaming computer several months ago because I have heard that the jump from to is at least noticeable if not beautiful and a joy to experience but all four of the games I tried looked no different than on my old rig running at fps or lower albeit with better performance at higher graphic settings I wish I had been more critical when I bought this monitor I bought it with a proper gaming pc so the jump in performance drew all my attention The warranty is long gone by now so if it is defective I can t return it I just hope it s an issue I can resolve without installing G-Sync or buying a new monitor Finally the specs Monitor Asus VG QE Motherboard Asus H M-K Power Supply Rosewill Capstone W OS Windows Professional -bit Service Pack Hard Drive Western Digital TB Sata Gb s HDD CPU Intel Core i - GHz quad core RAM Adata XPG GB DDR cards total GB Graphics Card Zotac GTX MB GDDR GPU NVidia GK A NVidia Driver Ver Some possibly relevant monitor settings are as follows Splendid Mode Game Mode Brightness Contrast Smart View OFF Sharpness Trace Free ASCR OFF nbsp

A:Asus VG248QE Monitor is blurry at 144hz

You need to check and see what the highest NON-INTERLACED refresh rate your monitor can support and use that or lower.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-vg248qe-monitor-is-blurry-at-144hz.1138557/
Relevancy 44.29%

HI All,

its been 24 hours since my Win 7 ultimate edition installation, and still i have not managed to get my dual monitor working.

I was running Vista OS for 2 years and was working everything fine. But now with Win 7 my second monitor (Samsung Syncmaster 2333) is not being detected.

I went in the Asus driver page and it seems that for the Standard Vga grafic card there is still no driver for Win 7, is this possible?

If it is really like that, how can I get my dual monitor working? I thought about buying an external graphic card...is this the only solution or am i missing something?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Gabriele

A:Standard VGA (Asus) does not detect dual monitor with Win 7

To tell you the truth i heard ways of doing this but your onboard vga adapt might not be strong enough for dual screen support

I can tell you i run dual monitors off the same vidcard im sure i can throw a third one in the mix off my vga but your mobo should give you the specs on the onboard adapter where it should give you in full detail the capabilities

If not i suggest getting a video card that fits the bill also make sure you have adaquete power to supply the card or the upgrade will be meaningless

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/107699-standard-vga-asus-does-not-detect-dual-monitor-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all,

My soundcard is an ASUS D2X
My Monitor is an Asus MX279H

My problem is I can't get the monitor to route the sound to just my soundcard and take advantage of using 4 speakers. I've tried using a 3.5 plug from monitor to soundcard with no joy.

The only way I can use the monitor speakers is if I select MX279-C as default but then obviously I can't use my soundcard or creative speakers.

I've attached a screenshot of my sound options.

Many Thanks

A:Asus MX279H Monitor and Soundcard Trouble

Windows will only allow one "default audio playback device".

I don't understand exactly what you want or want to do.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/59418-asus-mx279h-monitor-soundcard-trouble.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm trying to use an external Samsung TV/monitor (model LN-T2642H) through HDMI. The native resolution of the monitor/TV is 1360X768, which is also the native resolution of ASUS T100.
If I try to use the monitor/TV as the only display, the device selected is Generic PnP Monitor and the native resolution of 1360X768 is not available for selection. Intel HD Graphics Control Panel only shows 1280X720 (selected) and 1920X1080 (too high for my monitor).

Is there a way to set up the 1360X768 resolution with the existing driver (up to date)? Is there another driver that I can download and that will allow this resolution? Can I use a different version of the Generic PnP Monitor that allows 1360X768 resolution?
With the only resolution available i.e., 1280X720 the quality is bad.

Many thanks,

A:Low resolution on external TV/Monitor (ASUS T100 Win 8.1)

On the screen resolution window, click advanced settings. Then click "list all modes" under the adapter tab. Now see if what you want is listed.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/46410-low-resolution-external-tv-monitor-asus-t100-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an ASUS VS247HR monitor plugged into my pc with a hdmi cable which worked fine, until suddenly my screen went black and it didnt work anymore. I wasnt doing anything with it when it happened. Eventually I got it working with a VGA cable but it doesnt recognize my monitor any longer as an ASUS monitor, it just says "Generic PnP Monitor". I checked for driver updates if that had screwed things up and it did, so I rolled it back but I still have the problemI would really like to be able to use my HDMI cable because VGA lowers my resolution to 1024x768

A:W10 PC suddenly stopped recognizing ASUS monitor

That's strange, according to what I saw in Google the native resolution for that monitor is 1920x1080. I use a monitor with the same native resolution on Win 10 (previously Win 8.1) and it is happy to select that as default without HDMI.It might be worth trying the monitor on another computer to see how it behaves because right now I'm not sure whether it is the monitor or computer that is at fault.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/w10-pc-suddenly-stopped-recognizing-asus-monitor/482.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Guys,

Please help. This is my first build. I have put everything together and plugged into my monitor and powered the PC on but there is no picture. I have checked all connections and haven't missed anything. I am sure that all components are compatible.

I have tried both on-board and dedicated graphics slots and VGA and HDMI.

After doing some research it may be the BIOS. But I am not sure how to update those without a picture.

Mobo: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
CPU: AMD (Piledriver) FX-6300 3.50GHz
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance Jet Black 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Dual/Quad Channel
Graphics: Asus Radeon R7 360 OC AMD Graphics Card 2GB
PSU: 500W - EVGA 80+ White Rated Power Supply

Thanks in advance

A:Please Help! ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 No Picture on Monitor

Hello

You may want to do the cardboard test...Take out all the internal parts,assemble them on a piece of card board and power up with monitor of course...What happens? If the parts work as expected then you may have a grounding issue ,1st thing check your stand offs and rubber/plastic, or the insulated grommets to make sure they were in the correct place. Prior to taken the parts out make sure the MOBO isn't touching the case.. If the issue still exist check your ram one per slot to see if it is a faulty ram stick..

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/125917-please-help-asus-m5a78l-m-usb3-no-picture-monitor.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all I just picked up an ASUS VH H p HD monitor new Parts ASUS screen monitor on flickering of or quot newegg said but not too sure Seriously is awesome when playing games or watching video but when I m just sitting on the desktop there seems to be something wrong The lines along the task bar seem to be blurry or flickering Also when running an application like this website for instance the text and links and lines all are blurry or flickering as well Its actually really bad on this forum lol I currently have the resolution set to x and this seems to be the only resolution that this occurs on All else its perfectly fine but just not the standard setting for this large Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor monitor I have not installed any Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor drivers because I can t find any I have Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor an NVIDIA GeForce G GTO Here is a copy of my display system information pulled from the NVIDIA control panel NVIDIA System Information report created on System name NOV K Display Processor Intel reg Pentium reg D CPU GHz MHz Operating System Microsoft Windows XP -bit Service Pack DirectX version c GPU processor GeForce GT GTO Driver version Core clock MHz Memory clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Memory MB Video BIOS version IRQ Bus PCI Express x Components nvCpl cpl NVIDIA Control Panel Applet nvCplUI exe NVIDIA Control Panel nvWSS dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvViTvS dll NVIDIA Video and TV Server nvMoblS dll NVIDIA Mobile Server NVMCTRAY DLL NVIDIA Media Center Library NVOGLNT DLL NVIDIA Compatible OpenGL ICD nvDispS dll NVIDIA Display Server NVCPL DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version NV MINI SYS NVIDIA Compatible Windows Miniport Driver Version NV DISP DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version NVCUDA DLL NVIDIA CUDA driver nvGameS dll NVIDIA D Settings Server If my card can t handle the x resolution than I would understand but I m pretty sure it can Please help me figure this out Thanks -Jason

A:Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor

Also when I change color from 32 bit to 16 it is perfectly clear, no bouncing/fuzzy/flickering text or lines or links and such.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316926/parts-of-screen-flickering-on-new-asus-monitor/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all please help me decide with which model should I really go for as I have little time and I need to buy a new monitor today in the evening as I got a call from the store that the displays has arrived by Asus.

1. ASUS VX239H
2. ASUS VX248H

Now they both have some differences so please do click the link below to see both of the specs and tell me which one should I go for?

Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor vs. Asus VE248H 24.0" Monitor vs. Asus VX239H 60Hz 23.0" Monitor vs. Asus VX248H 60Hz 24.0" Monitor - PCPartPicker Australia

VX239H is a 23.0" Display with IPS Panel + Built In Speakers + 5ms Response Time + 2x HDMI
VX248H is a 24" Display with LED Panel + Built In Speakers (not confirmed) + 1ms Response Time + 2x HDMI

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390775-need-help-decide-asus-vx239h-vx248h-monitor.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Im not really sure what is going on, it happened while playing a game. once i changed the res the monitor went black and says out of range. Ive been working all day and night trying to get it back but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

A:Out of range...external monitor asus vg248qe

It seems like you adjusted the resolution to an unsupported size. Boot the computer into safe mode and this will adjust the resolution for you. Once started in safe mode, reboot the computer and see if you can log back in normally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/out-of-range-external-monitor-asus-vg248qe.1168374/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I recently purchased an ASUS GB DirectCUII Graphics card with the crazy idea of hooking up more than monitors The card looked decent claimed to be able to run independent problem ASUS 6950 monitor 3 DirectCUII monitors concurrently I currently have ASUS 6950 DirectCUII 3 monitor problem x quot monitors and a quot p TV that i m trying to hook up The setup is DP Standard DisplayPort DP - none DP - DP to HDMI cable to monitor DP - DP to DVI adapter to monitor DP - DP to HDMI to TV DVI - none DVI - none I ve tried all different set-ups bit this is what I am trying at this moment The problem is this I can only run screens concurrently Every time I try to enable the third output Windows pops up an error message saying quot Unable to save settings quot and CCC Isn t much help to anyone It pops up a similar message So how can I get my screens all running together Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-6950-directcuii-3-monitor-problem.1039501/
Relevancy 44.29%

ok this is a long rant but i have to let it out and i hope you all could give me advice plz I have dealt with asus over the weekend for hrs dealing with the idiocy of these people I have been on hold a minimum of to hrs i worked with at least different CSR's who have either read the wrong manuals issue ASUS their words gone over what connections belong where at least to times with each CSR passed along to supervisors who put me on hold and never came back i have talked to a manager about the situation who i told i expect to be compensated for all the aggravation they put me through and he asked me what I wanted and i replied with a tablet and he said he wouldnt qaurentee it but he would see what he ASUS issue could do I asked him if it would be possible to get a windows version of a tablet and he recommended a vivo again saying he will see what managemtent decides I then asked him when would ASUS issue i hear from him and he replied on tuesday so i waited until three PM and never recieved a phone call from him shocker there and i asked him if i didnt hear from him to call and ask from him which i did and was kept on hold for over an hour with very limited response I told these csr's they were idiots after having more than enough patience with them and i was sick of it After an hour of being on hold i hung up and called them back I asked for a supervisor and was given one who kept me on hold for to mins and finally got back on the phone and replied i am trying to work something out and help me out but he needed to put me on hold and i asked how long for and he stated mins A half hour went by until i hung up and called back I asked for another supervisor and he replied to me that the manager denied my request for a tablet I asked a few csr's and supervisors how they would feel if that was me and some replied they would be upset and not happy at all some wouldnt answer the question obviously coz they worked there as i told them they wouldn't answer me I dememanded to speak to this manager and they said they have no way of reaching him which i know was a crock of hit I then asked the supervisor where this manager worked and he replied corperate and i asked him for the number which he replied he didnt know but said he would get a message to him to call me tomorrow which i said to myself i know he wont so i asked the sup who i could contact that had access to him and could get him on the phone and they couldnt give me an answer so i told them I will be calling the better business bureau in the morning and he said that is my choice I plan on doing so in the AM I have tried to have as much patience with these idiots as much as i could lost my cool with them and swore at them telling them how dumb they are as i had it with them I have never been treated so badly before and have never heard anything like this i was lied to by so many different ppl before Sorry for my long rant but i had to get it out as i am very frustrated Could i please get some opinions from you all on what i should do Yuor opinions are greatly appreciated and wanted no matter what u think If i am so very wrong plz be gentle on ur comments thx

A:ASUS issue

Sorry but this should of been at the beginning of my rant. I was just pissed off at asus and verizon after both had trouble with their CSR as asus isnt too informative and verizon being on strike.

Ok, I will add a little more detail to my original post but in a more calmed manner. I was putting together my first build of a desktop PC and was excited to do it to prove to myself i could do it. I ordered my first 2 parts last monday and received them within 2 days which surprised me how quickly they came. So i went ahead and ordered the last few parts on Tuesday and everything else by Thursday except the RAM. I ended up putting together the complete thing within a short amount of time and saw why people enjoy building them coz it was fun. The only issues I ad was with the tiny pin connections for the fan, usb devices and some other things that I have forgotten at this time. I talked to a few places like amazon, new egg, forums, Best buy and a few local PC repair shops hoping to get some help from them but the all said you have to call asus and they all said good luck with that and i asked why. Just about all replied they are not too helpful and are hard to deal with.

When I got home, I called for some mobo help and after about 20 mins i got someone on the phone and he was willing to help me. He had me does over and over again with starting over 3 to 4 different times before he gave up. His supervisor got on the phone and was no help either. I went through these things about 7 times before they got it right. Picture all that and imagine the same thing happening with the drivers as well which brought me to my original rant. Hope this is a bit more clear now.

thx

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/asus-issue-277499/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good morning all...

I'm having trouble with some new RAM. My motherboard is an ASUS P5N-E SLI and it currently has (2) 1-Gig sticks of OCZ PC2-6400 installed. I just purchased 2 more sticks of OCZ PC2-6400 (OCZ2VU8002GK) but whenever I add both or just one I get a BSOD. Any ideas? Should I try flashing the BIOS? I saw that BIOS release 0901 adds support for different kinds of RAM.

Any help would be great. I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

A:ASUS P5N-E SLI Ram Issue

Flash the Bios, see what happens,

Passed that it would be faulty ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-e-sli-ram-issue.119368/
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok post no in Asus monitor standby and P5N-E SLI, beep, no stays guys one day I got home and I tried turning on my pc it started normally usual sounds like the fans running ect Asus P5N-E SLI, no beep, no post and monitor stays in standby no beep thought and it sounds like it is booting all the way but my monitor stays in standby mode Asus P5N-E SLI, no beep, no post and monitor stays in standby saying quot No signal quot so I tried logging in with my screen off by pressing down on the keyboard arrows and typing my password followed by pressing enter and I could hear windows logging in the windows log in tune sound Now I tested the monitor on another pc it works fine I bought a new graphics card and that didn t make a difference The old card was a nvidia gforce gt and my new card is an Asus ENGTX TOP direct Cu I tried taking out Ram and switching slots sticks of gig ram still didn t work so confusing I have a P N-e sli asus motherboard with an intel core duo ghz prossessor sata hard drives and no on board display P S please go easy I m not an expert at fixing things Thanks nbsp

A:Asus P5N-E SLI, no beep, no post and monitor stays in standby

Unlike your old card, the 8600GT, the GTX 460 requires two 6 pin PCI-E power connectors from the PSU (power supply unit). Did you connect them? Does your PSU even have two 6 pin PCI-E connectors?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-e-sli-no-beep-no-post-and-monitor-stays-in-standby.157271/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All - just joined.

I just removed a NVIDIA GTX 260 and all software and now I cannot get my screen display correct using the blue VGA connector (removed the DVI as my computer does not support one).

Where do I get an driver to support my Asus 22" monitor?

Microsoft display does not offer this resolution. Been on ASUS site and had a look through several pages here, cant find a driver.

A:Asus 22" Monitor wont display 1680x1050

It's not the monitor its a graphics driver issue. You need to go your motherboard manufacturers website and download the correct video or chip-set driver. Even then it might not support that resolution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/362113-asus-22-monitor-wont-display-1680x1050.html
Relevancy 43.86%

How do I fix this they couldn't have made a huge mistake like that and send a liower grade model This is my exact setup PCPartPicker part list Price breakdown by merchant Benchmarks only 60hz?? New Monitor Asus 24in showing 144hz CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Amazon CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U S CFM CPU Cooler NCIX US Motherboard MSI Z -GD Gaming ATX LGA Motherboard SuperBiiz Memory G Skill Sniper Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Samsung EVO GB Solid State Disk Best Buy Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB RPM Internal Hard Drive NCIX US Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB Video Card Amazon Case Antec Illusion ATX Full Tower Case Newegg Power Supply Corsair CSM W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Optical Drive LG UH NS Blu-Ray Reader DVD CD Writer Newegg Monitor Asus VG QE New Asus 144hz 24in Monitor only showing 60hz?? Hz Monitor Adorama Case Fan New Asus 144hz 24in Monitor only showing 60hz?? Noctua NF-F PWM CFM mm Fan OutletPC Case Fan Noctua NF-F PWM CFM mm Fan OutletPC Case Fan Noctua NF-F PWM CFM mm Fan OutletPC Case Fan Noctua NF-A PWM mm Fan Amazon Total Prices include shipping taxes and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker - - EDT-

Relevancy 43.86%

Really hope someone can help here I hope I haven t screwed this unit too bad I m a total noob when it comes to overclocking I d been thinking about trying it and decided to do a few preliminary things like setting up the temperature monitor etc My setup is a second-hand ASUS P T-M running Intel P GHz processor with a GeForce TI I think it s the can t recall off the top of my head as I inherited it from a friend and didn t look too closely boot monitor won't software installed P4T-M ASUS hardware after First I upgraded the ASUS P4T-M won't boot after hardware monitor software installed BIOS this appeared to successful and I had already rebooted off the new version The Asus PcProbe couldn t find the hardware monitor device I think the P T-M may not be very well supported board by ASUS it s the RDRAM version which wasn t too popular with consumers so I had a look around for something else I found the quot Motherboard Monitor quot app and since it s been around for ages I gave it a try - I seriously doubt there s a problem with this app much more likely I ve done something stupid while installing it So I went through the install after which I rebooted and there it was my machine fails POST before even getting through the Video BIOS boot to the M B BIOS screen preferring just to sit there with a blank screen screaming POST fail tones at me one long two short Video adaptor fail then repeated high short tones temperature alarm I think I m pretty sure I haven t but kinda paranoid that I might have screwed the BIOS with the update since it s the BIOS firmware that generates these tones right I cleared the CMOS RTC settings successfuly but still get the same error I m thinking the video card may have some persistent setting that I don t know how to revert to defaults or worse that installing the app may have damaged the card or its BIOS Has anyone out there had a similar problem I m kinda stuck here nbsp

A:ASUS P4T-M won't boot after hardware monitor software installed

If it were a bad flash you should have had a problem as soon as you restarted right after flashing and before installing motherboard monitor 5.

If you already tried the jumpers I would suggest ripping everything out and starting from scratch including the video card.

When I mean everything I mean vid card sound card if you have one extra usb expations cards whatever you might have anything and everything that goes into agp/pci/or/pci express slots take out.

Do the reset with the jumpers I think around 20 seconds should do it depending on your board. Put the jumpers back to how they were and restart. If you get nothing try the cmos battery reset. I don't know how long your supposed to have the battery out for the bios settings to reset but thats another way of doing it.

ps. dont forget the drives HD and otherwise system should post without any drives as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p4t-m-wont-boot-after-hardware-monitor-software-installed.260121/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello TSG forums I am glad to make my first post here and look forward to more to come Recently I bought some items on newegg for building a computer among which are an ASUS quot monitor and a Sapphire Radeon X graphics card I have not received the case yet so I haven t started building yet I decided to test out this monitor to make sure that it Acer and monitor/ (lines go) ASUS problem Laptop come performed well before I started building currently it is our only standalone monitor So I hooked it up to my Acer laptop I just recently ASUS monitor/ Acer Laptop problem (lines come and go) bought via VGA connection to the monitor This ASUS monitor/ Acer Laptop problem (lines come and go) is the problem The monitor functions just fine for around minutes but then vertical lines flash across the screen every few seconds The problem is recorded in the link below http youtu be piH I ysTnM After having this problem I switched to an HDMI cable to see if it was a problem with the connection The problem was the same I couldn t try the DVI connection because my laptop does not have the ability for ASUS monitor/ Acer Laptop problem (lines come and go) that connection Also about a week ago I completely reset my laptop to get rid of the malware Prior to the reset I connected the laptop to our TV via HDMI and it performed fine Have not tried it after the reset I was wanting to know if this would be a problem with the monitor which I can return before the case arrives or a problem with the laptop which I cannot return The laptop s graphics are Radeon R Graphics in case it is the problem with the video card Thanks in advance -Ace nbsp

A:ASUS monitor/ Acer Laptop problem (lines come and go)

Try connecting the laptop to the TV again, using the same cable you use for the monitor, and see if the lines show up on the TV or not. If they do the laptop is the problem, if the don't then the new monitor is faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-monitor-acer-laptop-problem-lines-come-and-go.1142267/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all I just got a brand new Asus VH H monitor from Newegg Pulled it out of the box set it up on my desk plugged it in connected it to my laptop Acer Aspire and Asus monitor - lines. VH236H horizontal flickering all was good That was about hours ago Now I m seeing horizontal flickering lines all over the screen Some are thin lines others are thick Asus VH236H monitor - flickering horizontal lines. bands They re constantly moving up and down the whole display Did some research and seems like when this happens it happens on all inputs But the funny thing is for me the flickering lines are only visible when in VGA mode When I switch to HDMI my Playstation all is well No lines Asus VH236H monitor - flickering horizontal lines. anywhere in sight Unfortunately I don t have any DVI devices to also check that input I ve checked all the resolution refresh rate options given to me and they re set to the recommended Asus values x Hz Can anyone tell me if this is a defect with the monitor or if I need to find some advanced setting somewhere and change that Thanks CrazyRussian EDIT A friend of mine told me to unplug my laptop from its power-charger And it worked No more scrolling lines So what do I do now I can t run my laptop without charging it but while its charging the monitor picks up interference from the power cables EDIT Just tried running my laptops power cable to a different outlet and that didn t help EDIT Completely untangled laptop power cable separated it from all other cables and threw laptop power block as far as it can go and I moved the laptop inch away from the monitor That fixed the problem about The lines are still there but very very faint At this point I can t think of any other way to fix this Must be a problem with my laptop hardware that is causing the interference Also just in case I checked my old monitor Samsung SyncMaster b just to make sure it isn t just my new monitor and sure enough the lines were there and gone when I unplugged my laptop I just never noticed because the overall colors were much darker than my new Asus nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-vh236h-monitor-flickering-horizontal-lines.954336/
Relevancy 43.86%

Well, I bought this monitor a few weeks ago, if I connect it via VGA there's no lag and games work fine, but when I try connecting it via HDMI to my PC, all my games are lag and I get 15-20 fps in cs:go, black ops 3... When normally, using VGA, i get 200fps. It seems like the problems is not from the monitor, because I ask to a friend a BenQ RL2455HM and I got the same problem. So it could be a configuration problem, or problems with my PC. I have my graphics card, processor, sound card etc. Always updated. My pc Specs are: - Nvidia gtx 960 2GB - Intel core i5-4670k 3.4 GHz - (motherboard) Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI - 8 GB ram - Windows 10 pro

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129408-hdmi-lags-my-new-asus-vx229h-21-5-monitor.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello

I have a ASUS HDMI monitor which works perfectly via the VGA connection to my ACER laptop (windows7). Now I want it to connect to my DELL laptop (Windows8) but there is no VGA connection so instead I am using a DVI digital cable. I have pressed the F8 button on the DELL which gives me the monitor options and I have chosen Duplicate Screen (tried others too), my laptop screen goes blank and then after 10 seconds returns to normal. When I check the ASUS monitor and press the connection button is still says no DVI connection. I know the DVI cable works as I have no issues connecting this laptop using this cable to the TV.

So how can I get the monitor to recognise the laptop?

Thank you for all your help
Charlotte

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/67407-how-get-asus-hdmi-monitor-recogniose-my-dell-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i just bought my asus 23 inch computer screen about a month ago, i was using said screen about two days ago when all of a sudden, when i exited out of the internet, the bottom inch of the screen started flashing with images from the top of the screen. now i can't see my start bar or anything down below. soon after i noticed a single very thin blue line running vertically up the screen. i tried buying an hdmi cable to see if the problem was with one of the cables that came with the screen and it didnt help. what can i do to fix this?

A:ASUS 23 Inch LCD Monitor Flicker Ghost Image

Have you tried the monitor on another computer to verify its the monitor and not something with the computer? If the problem follows the monitor you will need to contact the place of purchase or the manufacturer(Asus) for a warranty repair/replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-23-inch-lcd-monitor-flicker-ghost-image.1100952/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All,

I just set-up my new Asus computer with an Asus monitor. It seemed like a straight-forward task. I hooked up both the VGA and HDMI cables to the nVIDIA graphics card slot in the back of the tower.

I keeping getting this message "VGA No Signal". I tested the VGA cable by using it on my old computer. It works fine. I used my old cable on the new monitor and same message.

If I remove the HDMI cable from the graphic card slot the monitor works! I figured once I had Windows 7 set-up it would take the HDMI cable but no such luck.

Is there something wrong with this new monitor, the graphic card slot or I just missed something.

Also, I find the system is very slow to start-up even though the computer is much more powerful than my six year old computer.

Thanks, ms

A:ASUS VE248Q Monitor - No VGA Signal & HDMI not working

Hi All,

Solved this one myself. There was a short in the power supply at the back of the monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/265329-asus-ve248q-monitor-no-vga-signal-hdmi-not-working.html