Windows Support Forum

wont boot after installing updates. updates not configured correctly reverting change

Q: wont boot after installing updates. updates not configured correctly reverting change

get this message: updates not configured correctly, reverting changes.

stuck in a loop, keeps trying to start but wont. safe mode didnt load/work, neither did last known configuration.

any ideas how to get this to boot/work again?

update: trying repair from the install dvd. see if that works.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: wont boot after installing updates. updates not configured correctly reverting change

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: wont boot after installing updates. updates not configured correctly reverting change

Startup repair from the dvd did not work.

I did use this registry defrag program. wonder if that did something to the registry?

Free Registry Defrag

I generally avoid registry cleaning programs because I don't trust them. thought id try it once to see what happened. not sure if this caused the startup issue or something with the windows updates I installed caused it. I did do several restore points. would that help me fix the issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/301698-wont-boot-after-installing-updates-updates-not-configured-correctly-reverting-change.html
Relevancy 106.33%

Hi.

I'm stuck whenever i turn on my computer. I'm running on vista 64 bit SP2.
There is nothing i can do, just stucked. When i access using safe mode, the same thing just show up. I lost my vista installation disk. So is there something that i can do?
I'm missing my long lost wallpaper.. Please help! Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes.

We may be able to help if you give us the make and modle of your computer. If the suggestion that I will make does work, you will lose your stuff. Do you have stuff to save?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296550-updates-were-not-configured-correctly-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 105.09%

Using a Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista Home Premium After laptop not booting had to run CHKDSK to fix hard drives issues Now system boots up to quot Updates were not configured correctly Reverting changes Do not turn off your computer Windows Vista Home Premium quot I have the Dell Reinstallation DVD titled Windows Vista Home Premium bit SP I can boot off that dvd But if I try to repair my installation or boot to safe mode or command prompt I get stuck in the aforementioned loop I can get as far as pressing F to the utilities menu as well as pressing F to boot from that dvd But none of the utilities has worked to get around that quot configured not Updates correctly, - were loop reverting Updates were not configured quot message If I boot from dvd I'm at a Z prompt loop - Updates were not configured correctly, reverting the dvd and then am able to change directory to c drive Are there files and or commands I can run at c drive that will help me get past this message Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/129060-loop-updates-were-not-configured-correctly-reverting.html
Relevancy 105.09%

Hi I just got my HD reimaged by HP a couple of weeks ago and so vista has been periodically updating by itself Lately when I startup I keep going through a cycle of quot Configuring updates stage of quot to quot Updates not configured correctly Reverting changes quot As Vista s been updating often without me realizing I m not sure which of these updates is causing this problem I have read this reply http support microsoft com kb and am not sure if this will solve the problem quot How to avoid this problem To avoid this problem obtain and install update from the Microsoft Download Center correctly....reverting changes configured not updates vista separately from all other updates on the Windows Update site vista updates not configured correctly....reverting changes Install the update that applies to your version of Windows Vista so that you can successfully install future updates The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center Windows Vista x -based systems Download the Windows -KB -x msu package now Windows Vista x -based systems Download the Windows -KB -x msu package now quot I am hesitant to download this because I JUST got my comp back from HP I have limited computer knowledge but am able to check for these OS Vista Home Premium Version Build lt ----- what does this mean my googling comes up with little in layman s terms and other information from quot System Information quot any suggestions or other info needed to determine what my next step should be I m avoiding shutting down restarting for the time being nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-updates-not-configured-correctly-reverting-changes.916997/
Relevancy 103.85%

Hiya,

It seems that every time that I boot up this laptop, it tries to configures updates that Windows Updater has installed. However, they always fail to configure, resulting in a 15-20 minute wait before getting to my login screen. Honestly, it gets annoying. I've tried doing multiple actions to resolve the problem: updating in a clean boot, attempting to delete the pending.xml files (there are about 292 of them!), running SFCHost, and I really do not want to System Restore this laptop. I couldn't even delete the pending.xml files due to administrative rights I could not surpass. I don't know anything else to attempt to fix the problem. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

A:Updates Not Configured Correctly - Reverting Changes Displayed Constantly

See if this command works. Type CMD in the search box. Right click Run as Administator and type

DISM /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562051/updates-not-configured-correctly-reverting-changes-displayed-constantly/
Relevancy 102.92%

Hi I have an acer a bit ancient but it was immaculate condition and it was free which is running Vista ---------- I installed Norton on it and in the process of doing so I had to update the driver for the external DVD Drive I had Norton on DVD I tried and tried to get the external DVD drive to work but I gave up in favour of downloading the trial from Symantec and then entering the code I had -Ouroboros Updates reverting not correctly Dammit! configured Cycle changes on the DVD case Then I tried to reboot there was some text about Windows installing updates the computer turned off and started up again and then - Nothing Just a message on the screen about the updates not being configured correctly and reverting changes with a stark warning not to turn off the computer - end result after hours of the same message - NOTHING Just the same message with no other result as a reward for waiting I tried turning off and turning back on again myself with a night's sleep and the laptop with the power button - the same message just keeps sitting there taunting me B I know this is a common problem but after trawling the forums and getting many different answers to the same problem I thought I'd ask a question on here rather than rely on some gibberish on yarwho Answers Please can anyone help with this problem I would prefer not to do a Updates not configured correctly reverting changes -Ouroboros Cycle Dammit! fresh install as my daughter's schoolwork is on it and I'm not sure I have the disk with the bundle I was sent it's an acer and therefore comes with no recovery disk

A:Updates not configured correctly reverting changes -Ouroboros Cycle Dammit!

Couldn't edit sorry, it's an acer Travelmate 3040 running Vista Business.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531660/updates-not-configured-correctly-reverting-changes-ouroboros-cycle-dammit/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi, I have an acer 3040 which is running Vista Business. I installed Norton on it and in the process of doing so I had to update the driver for the external DVD Drive (I had Norton 360 on DVD).  I tried and tried to get the external DVD drive to work but I gave up in favour of downloading the trial from Symantec and then entering the code I had on the DVD case.  Then I tried to reboot................................. there was some text about Windows installing updates, the computer turned off and started up again and then - Nothing! Just a message on the screen about the updates not being configured correctly and reverting changes with a stark warning not to turn off the computer - end result after hours of the same message - NOTHING!  Just the same message with no other result as a reward for waiting.  Can anyone help please?

A:Vista Business frozen on boot, updates not configured, reverting changes

Sorry to hear that, do you have a Recovery Disk for Vista?  If so
insert the disk
reboot your system
as its booting up Press F10 or F8 (this is different for each computer, it should give you two options at the boot screen)
Select Boot from DVD/CD and hit enter.  (if a message pops up saying Press any key to continue do it)
This should allow your computer to boot, and give you a few options
Restore, refresh and repair
Here is a link to Microsoft support about using system recovery, what each does, and how to do it.  Click here for the link.
If your DVD drive still will not work you can use the Microsoft DVD to USB tool.  Down load it here.

I will follow this topic for a few days, if you have any questions please ask.  Just allow up to 24 hrs for a reply, we all here help more than one person at a time.
Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531686/vista-business-frozen-on-boot-updates-not-configured-reverting-changes/
Relevancy 81.22%

I am trying to install the Update for Windows Driver Framework version 1.11 (KB2761494) and after three attempts, and a long and frustrating four to five hours of waiting for each attempt, I would get this message at the last minute:

"Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer."

Does anyone have a solution for this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

-A.

A:Updates were not configured correctly.

Hi
I researched about this issue and found the following two links which might help us in fixing the issue:
updates were not configured correctly. REverting changes.

Error: Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer when you try to install Windows Updates

Perform the steps mentioned in above link and post back the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/299088-updates-were-not-configured-correctly.html
Relevancy 81.22%

hey
im new to this and an completely lost with trying to fix my laptop
i turned my laptop on yesterday and was met with a black screen, i cant get into my desktop at all as everytime i try to load windows normally it freezes up on a black screen, even if i try safe mode it lists a bunch of stuff then freezes up, i cant launch windows repair either a sit just lead sme back to teh launch windows repair or load normal option

currently i have it sitting without the battery in and just running off the lead and the screen says
Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer
this seems to be as far as i can get

ive tried looking around online the advice is way over my head, is there a simple way to fix this problem or am i f***ed?

A:Updates were not configured correctly - HELP

I have had this happen to my personal laptop, I ended up upgrading the vista with a spare copy of 7. I don't know what happened of what the cause was. But I had the same symptoms, just a black screen and could not run the repair option from the cd (xp and vista).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-were-not-configured-correctly-help.959284/
Relevancy 81.22%

When starting my Dell, Inspiron running Vista Home something I get the following messages,

configuring updates stage 1-3 - 0% complete do not turn off your computer

updates were not configured correctly reverting changes

The computer then restarts and then repeats the messages. I found some earlier posts about this but they had all expired and I was advised to start a new post, so this is it.

I hope that somebody can help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-not-configured-correctly.880402/
Relevancy 81.22%

Hi,
Can any one please help me. I'm a novice really I guess but my problem is this. My Dell Vostro lap top is telling me that I have 12 important updates to install. Each time I attempt to install them the installation gets so far then the lap top tells me that the updates were not configured correctly and that it will revert the changes. It's annoying as the updates appear to be largely security based and.....well frankly I'd like to have them .....................HELP.......Paul (wouldbegolfer64)

A:Updates not be configured correctly

do the updates ONE at a time & see if they take & find out which one is failing

What OS have you got

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-not-be-configured-correctly.987730/
Relevancy 81.22%

When I came back to my computer after installing updates this evening and then restarting I had a screen stating Updates were not configured correctly Reverting changes Please do not restart your computer As you can see by the screenshot below there were only two updates that didn't fail I Googled and researched configured not Updates were correctly a little I ran the Microsoft FixIt for Windows Update and it reported Updates were not configured correctly as shown here I downloaded a couple of the updates that failed thinking to try a manual run and see what happened When I clicked on the file it showed quot Searching for updates quot and just kept running that with nothing ever happening I decided to do a System Restore After that was complete I ran sfc scannow and it reports that no integrity errors were found After the System Restore Updates were not configured correctly was complete the Task Bar again showed that I have updates to install minus the that were successful the first time I am going to start installing these doing just one at a time and see what happens I wanted to document this all while it's fresh in my mind If this doesn't work I will come back and beg for some help Hopefully I'll be able to come back and report that the updates installed

A:Updates were not configured correctly

Even tho no one has answered this, I will post and finish it off in the case that it might help someone else. After my System Restore I went ahead and re-installed the updates, 1 and 2 at a time, and everything installed successfully.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/304251-updates-were-not-configured-correctly.html
Relevancy 110.08%

i was trying to do the updates that windows suggested and now i cant even gain access to my computer. it just keeps restarting and than saying the updates were not configured correctly. reverting changes. please do not turn off. and than it shuts down and restarts and says the same thing. can anybody help me resolve this problem it would be much appreciated.

A:updates not configured correctly and comp keeps restarting by itself.

nightmare with vista is this,, wait till you actually get to desktop, when you get there go to windows updates..control panel, see updates you will get big list of failed updates, u can either get rid of them all and start over or

double click desktop clock to sync pc with internet.....look at big list of updates (usually all are ticked) untick them all then tick just 1 smallest you can see and try install that one, if works (usually does) as you got 1 installed others should be easier, suggest you do them all manaully, takes time but no grief then

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-not-configured-correctly-and-comp-keeps-restarting-by-itself.946232/
Relevancy 109.65%

My sister installed about windows updates Vista on her computer She ended up with the font being messed up which I see now on the windows forum is a known problem She couldn't after correctly installing Won't updates. boot figure out how to fix it other than to restore back to before the updates Then she started installing the updates in sections She installed the Cumulative Security Won't boot correctly after installing updates. Update for Internet Explorer It said that she needed to restart to complete the update so she hit the button to restart It started to restart and but just sat there for about minutes or so So she hit the power button to turn it off and then turned it back on The windows icon appeared and the status bar fully loaded but then it just sat there on a blank screen We turned it off and on again and it still did the same thing I tried hitting F and it didn't do anything I hit F and it went to options but I have no clue what I should be doing in there if anything So can you help me What do I do now I've posted this on the windows forum but I wanted to try here as well Also I've tried a couple of times to hit F to boot in safe mode and it doesn't do anything I also hit F and it brought me to a boot menu I hit 'diagnostics' and it didn't do anything I then hit the Fn button and am doing the Pre-boot System Assesment It did the initial scan and it said nothing was wrong and asked if I wanted to continue with the rest I clicked yes but it hasn't finished yet

A:Won't boot correctly after installing updates.

When you tap F8 at boot do can you get to the screen that says "Repair your Computer"? If you an access that, you should be able to do a System Restore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567109/wont-boot-correctly-after-installing-updates/
Relevancy 109.65%

I'm receiving this error message every time Microsoft try to make updates..
This is happening since 5-21-08

A:Updates where not configurated correctly,reverting changes

Try updating manually.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/168213-updates-where-not-configurated-correctly-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi ppl. I have 2 problems:

1) I can't see Windows update tab as can you see from this picture:
Glowfoto :: Photo Sharingand second one I guess this is a very famous problem:

My computer every day without my permission turn off and trying to make some updates, like: 2 of 3 100% after that reloading makes 3 of 3 100% reloads and then writes me: updates were not configured correctly. reverting the changes. It happens every day!!!! I do some work and suddenly it turns off and trying to update something.. I turned off updates. Damn!!!! Vista, Solve it already!!!!! I see it's a very common problem as I surfed through the forums in Net. I already tried many solutions that i've found in net, like: restore point (doesn't work), updates were not configured correctly. REverting changes. ,
Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting Changes. Do not turn off your computer..

Please.Help me to solve it. I'm already exhausted.

A:I can't see windows update tab & "updates were not configured correctly. ..

so somebody knows?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/279177-i-cant-see-windows-update-tab-updates-were-not-configured-correctly.html
Relevancy 106.21%

I received a computer to fix that only has the most basic version of Windows Vista installed on it meaning it does not have SP or Whenever I try to configure code Updates did reverting changes not 0x800f0826 back____Error correctly, install Updates did not configure correctly, reverting changes back____Error code 0x800f0826 these updates they install fine but when the computer reboots I get the message of quot Updates did Updates did not configure correctly, reverting changes back____Error code 0x800f0826 not configure correctly reverting changes back quot I looked in the event viewer and I found the error code x f I saw that one way to possibly fix this is to restart Windows Update but I cannot display the interface for the program I also cannot display the control panel I learned after doing some research that the solution for this may lie in a service pack that I cannot download I saw an auto fix for the Windows Update problem however after running it i got the message quot Updates did not configure correctly reverting changes back quot Any help in this area would be greatly helpful since I have been working on this problem for quite some time

A:Updates did not configure correctly, reverting changes back____Error code 0x800f0826

Hi,

Try downloading the stand alone S/Packs & install them.

Vista SP 1
Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330)

Vista SP 2
Download details: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - Five Language Standalone (KB948465)

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/285373-updates-did-not-configure-correctly-reverting-changes-back____error-code-0x800f0826.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi

Recently after my Dell computer downloaded latest window updates, and then trying to install them as normal, it says after it reboots

"Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes."

This it does and goes to the normal log inscreen, but this has happened more than once now. After a recent virus problem that was sorted by you guys on here i also have a message about blocked startup programs.

I dont know what i should do if anything, would be very grateful for some advice

A:Windows Update - Not configured correctly. Reverting changes

You don't want to ignore it, since it sounds like the Windows Updates are failing, and you will need the newest security patches and updates to keep from getting infected again. Just recently I had a computer I was working on with the same problem after being infected as well. I ended up doing a clean install of Vista from the Recovery Partition, and then running updates all over again until it was up to date.

Have you tried Last Best Known Configuration yet?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340134/windows-update-not-configured-correctly-reverting-changes/
Relevancy 100.19%

We are a 3rd party IT provider for over 100 clients and recently we have had in my opinion WAY TO MANY users having the "Failure configuring windows updates, reverting changes"
The "fix for this is to boot to a windows live cd or usb and rename the cat2 and software distribution folders which is great and all but it takes up to an hour for the changes to revert. Is there a hot fix out there or something that addresses this. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66f63b55-df8b-4ee5-a359-5796aa8e7337/windows-keeps-reverting-when-installing-updates?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello all, I need some help, I am having an issue with 2 workstations.

1 Physical Windows 7 Pro x86
1 Virtual Windows 7 Pro x64

When I try to install the update KB3185330 the workstation reboots and eventually I get the message on the screen "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" error when you try to install Windows updates.

I did run the MS fix it tool and I still get the error.

Any ideas?

A:KB3185330 - Failure configuring Windows updates reverting change...

Hi SuperSales,
can you copy/paste the windowsUpdate log, for the day it failed please.
need to know the error failure code.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401850-kb3185330-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-change.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Ok last week i restored my computer updates win back, [SOLVED] installing, reverting comp freezing not 7-windows to factory default settings I got the computer in June Have windows profession bit i fully uninstalled McAfee thinking that it was causing problems I have Malwarebytes as the only anti virus installed Will probably reinstall mcafee if all of this is cleaned up Ive been suffering many blue screens over the past week When i select windows updates gt check for updates via control panel i am greeted with 'Windows could not search for new updates Error s found code Solutions ive tried - performing a clean boot - downloaded and used the windows update trouble shooter found here Troubleshoot problems with installing updates - WindowsUpdate dt - downloaded and [SOLVED] win 7-windows updates not installing, reverting back, comp freezing used System Update Readiness Tool found here System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows Windows [SOLVED] win 7-windows updates not installing, reverting back, comp freezing Windows Vista Windows Server R and Windows Server All it did was launch a windows update standalone installer installed some hot fix which i did twice and went no where - tried running cmd as admin running 'sfc scannow' that tells me 'Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service' so i followed the steps found here How to Fix quot Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service quot Error When Running SFC in Windows and Vista - The Winhelponline Blog but then i got told another system repair was pending which needed a reboot but that didnt do anything All of the above things i tried Failed and i still stand with the error code In regards to the last step i tried i do have a pending xml file in my windows gt winsxs folder Its full of an insane amount of text when opened in note pad Also each time before i get to my user log in screen on start up it says configuration windows updates loads for a moment then says configuring windows updates failed reverting changes stuff like that I am at a loss Rhys

A:[SOLVED] win 7-windows updates not installing, reverting back, comp freezing

Hi, you can either boot from the OS dvd or boot to safe mode and select the "repair your computer" option, select command prompt type:-
dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions (press enter ) restart.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win-7-windows-updates-not-installing-reverting-back-comp-freezing-692102.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I have been having this problem for a couple of months now. I currently have 25 Important and 5 Optional Windows Updates downloaded onto my computer, but when I restart/shut-down, the updates fail. It usually ends with the message "Windows update failure; reverting (or reconfiguring) changes" or something like that. Then I can log in and use my computer like normal.

I have been ignoring the issue since everything was working until recently. I have started to notice things are slower (Internet Explorer, Chrome) and updates for Avast and other programs seem to get stopped before they can begin. For example, Avast is now telling me I have no internet connection, even though I am watching youtube videos while I try to update Avast.

Please let me know how to get these updates to install properly. I hope that fixing them will also resolve some of my other issues.

Thanks

A:25 Important Windows Updates not Installing correctly

Hello,With Windows Update issues on the of first things to do is check for any corrupt system files/WU files, as these can be the often cause for WU to fail.Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.logSFC /SCANNOWClick on the button. Inside the search box type in CMDRight click on CMD => Choose Run as AdministratorInside the Command Prompt windows copy and paste the following command SFC /SCANNOWPlease wait for this to Finish before continuing with the rest of the steps.Convert CBS.log to CBS.txtClick on the button => Inside the search box copy and paste the following command:cmd /c copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"Press EnterOnce this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt => Please upload CBS.txt to this threadPlease Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next post please upload via Dropbox or One Drive

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562923/25-important-windows-updates-not-installing-correctly/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello everyone well first my problems begun awhile back but they ve worsened most and slow correctly. install going wont Computer updates recently My computer constantly installs updates but none of them are ever installed correctly Every Computer going slow and updates wont install correctly. other time I restart my computer I have to wait a good minutes waiting for the quot installed updates quot to be installed its always updates and they never install It s frustrating ugh I ve been meaning to do something about it but I don t know anything about computers and found this forum luckily Also my computer has been getting a lot of popups It s making my computer lag horribly and I just want it to be smooth running again Please help I guess I should be posting the HJT text too lol Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe c Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system mspaint exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot c Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run DPService quot C Program Files HP DVDPlay DPService exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Windows Mobile-based device management windir WindowsMobile wmdSync exe O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft A... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-going-slow-and-updates-wont-install-correctly.824589/
Relevancy 91.16%

Compaq Presario v vista Home Premium looking at my update history updates were always successful until when a kb update Updates not Vista 60 correctly wont configuring and install errors - failed F from there occasionally an update will work but most wont there are hundreds and hundreds of failed ones listed currently we have important and optional update that havent installed one time i tried downloading them and it failed then the next time id downloaded installed rebooted then said they didnt configure correctly and reverted I see no obvious trend in which ones work and which dont and listing them could take forever i could post screenshots of the list if that would help I can see that windows defender updates work security updates for vista or net 60 Vista Updates wont install - errors and not configuring correctly framework dont tend to rarely they will i went through a bunch of the most recent errors here they are each came up on multiple updates A F F - service pack gives this i tried quot microsoft fix it quot not the quot aggressive quot one though i tried the repair bet thing on the microsoft site other than that i have tried turning off my firewall we had a google redirect virus not long ago that we ran about a gazillion fixes and antivirus things for so im thinking its not a virus problem although i cant rule out that one changed something in any ideas thanks in advance

A:60 Vista Updates wont install - errors and not configuring correctly

Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2.Well maybe not directly related but I checked my update history log the other day and there were 22 updates that failed. If you right-click on each failed update you can copy info and paste it into NotePad so you can read the info and paste the update link into your browser. e.g.Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2507618)Installation date: ‎14/‎04/‎2011 17:23Installation status: FailedError details: Code 8024200DUpdate type: ImportantA security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.More information: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=212224I downloaded all the 22 failed updates and tried to install them but they all came back with 'Update does not apply to your system'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392540/60-vista-updates-wont-install-errors-and-not-configuring-correctly/
Relevancy 88.15%

So my HP Pav a6130n (5000+ 2.6g, 6GB ram -not that it matters with home premi).

With this certain update, the PC restarts and tries to install it. I get an errorr halfway through the 2 of 3 changes, then it says "Updates not configured correctly, reverting changes".

I have been dealing with this for the last 3 months. I would resintall but my backupHD crashed and Iit's going to take me hours to back up....

Any suggestions?

No codes nor do I know how to check what update it is...

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/182149-not-configured-correctly-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello fellas I'm using a laptop with dual-boot between Windows Ultimate x and Linux Mint Rosa It was while updates, installing reverting changes." error "An occurred working like a charm with these two together but one day I turned my computer on and "An error occurred while installing updates, reverting changes." chose "An error occurred while installing updates, reverting changes." quot Windows quot as the boot option The boot screen loaded fine but then I got to the logon screen and it was saying quot Please wait quot It said that it was configuring Windows but then it says quot An error occurred while installing updates reverting changes quot I just waited for hours and guess what Bam It got into a loop I had to turn it off with the physical button and tried to load in Linux Mint It worked perfectly I tried to go to Windows' Safe mode and it didn't work It got to the loading drivers thingy and froze after it quot loaded quot the drivers and a weird line appeared on the top of the screen Is it a virus or did I screw something up By the way I'm using Mint to write this Gum

A:"An error occurred while installing updates, reverting changes."

Do you have a backup image of the Windows partition? If so I would restore from that image and turn automatic updates off. The more stuff you have booting off one physical HD the more hassle when stuff goes wrong. In the old MBR days I had a 486 with a SCSI and an EIDE drive running Dos, Windows 3.0, OS/2 and Linux with several custom kernels. First it booted to Boot Magic, then if you selected Red Hat it loaded the Grub menu.

I juggled all that with no image backup program. It is much easier if you have image backups to bail you out. There are quite a few excellent free ones. These days the main fly in the ointment is GPT and if the Linux ones that say they support GPT really do in practice when you start doing multiple OS things.

Is your HD GPT based or MBR?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400464-error-occurred-while-installing-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Its been doing most of these updates forever when I go to shut it down it updates but when I wake up in the morning these updates are still not done It's like they never finish This happens every night for the past months or so Updates updates, wont Windows Security complete KB2604121 i'm getting tired of it now so i need some help I've tried Reset Windows Update History that works for a week or so but they eventually come back Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -WJ H -R B D- QJB Windows Product Key Hash ckKNc BBPDWmo LUlOkraNjlQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID D F D - ACE- - A E- B A B B Windows wont complete updates, Security Updates KB2604121 Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Windows wont complete updates, Security Updates KB2604121 Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics B D AA B- - B D AA B- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Windows wont complete updates, Security Updates KB2604121 Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users Home AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D F D - ACE- - A E- B A B B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - QJB lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Acer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Aspire Z lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt P -B lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt C D F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Atlantic Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID d c e -c dd- -b f -f f d d Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key QJB License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm count T... Read more

A:Windows wont complete updates, Security Updates KB2604121

I've deleted a environmental variable for a PATH for Java I added long ago and it downloaded and installed it for now. I will see if anything else happens

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/261438-windows-wont-complete-updates-security-updates-kb2604121.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t antivirus -now-cannot-update-or-install-anything OBI was asked to post my DDS log for assistance by Boopme in the Am i infected forumit is as follows let me know what other information you may need DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Owner at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC Windows wont Updates, allow programs or installing Computer Window's system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system taskhost exeC Computer wont allow Window's Updates, or installing programs Windows system AEADISRV EXEC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exeC Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows Computer wont allow Window's Updates, or installing programs SysWOW AsHookDevice exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files ASUS Six Engine SixEngine exeC Program Files x ASUS AASP aaCenter exeC Program Files x ASUS AI Direct Link AsShare exeC Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMService exeC Program Files x Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWareBackgroundService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exeC Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobileC Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVCC Windows system msiexec exeC Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows SysWOW DllHost exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users Owner Desktop dds scrC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google com mLocal Page c windows syswow blank htmuURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files x aim toolbar aimtb dllmURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files x aim toolbar aimtb dllTB AIM Toolbar ecd-cc - -a c- aaccbd - c program files x aim toolbar aimtb dllTB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files x google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllTB AAC-C - - E A- E A E - No FilemRun avast c progra alwils avast avastUI exe noguiStartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup mri di tmchlang lnk - c program files trend micro internet security TmChLang exeStartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup mri di winzip lnk - c program files x winzip WZQKPICK EXEuPolicies-explorer NoDesktopCleanupWizard x mPolicies-explore... Read more

A:Computer wont allow Window's Updates, or installing programs

been a few days so /bump?hope this is ok

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306044/computer-wont-allow-windows-updates-or-installing-programs/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I am hoping someone can provide some assistance in getting rid of this BSOD problem Here is what happened I was using two driver update programs One called Driver Booster by Iobit and the other called Slimdrivers I updated various drivers including Nvidia which I had previously uninstalled but it kept popping up so I just let it go The next thing I know after that is installed and there were no more drivers left to install I ran Windows Update and it also wanted to installed Nvidia again NVidia other updates and BSOD installing updates after driver I didn't have much choice in the matter before I knew it it was installing and I had to restart my computer When the computer turned on again I used it for a little while then it started to overheat something terrible The computer was so hot I thought it was going to start on fire Almost as soon as it started overheating I got the BSOD and within a second it restarted or shut down I can't remember which The fan was running at top speed but that still wasn't enough I could have cooked an egg on the backside of this thing So the next day I started the computer up again and I uninstalled Nvidia completely using Iobit's Uninstaller to remove all traces of it in my computer But the other problem I have now is that it still runs dangerously hot within a few hours I've uploaded the BSOD after installing NVidia updates and other driver updates zip file as per the instructions There must be some kind of conflict going on Any help is greatly appreciated

A:BSOD after installing NVidia updates and other driver updates

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup program before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352429-bsod-after-installing-nvidia-updates-other-driver-updates.html
Relevancy 80.84%

After installing a recent stack if updates, I reset my computer and allowed it to fully apply them. After resetting once more, the BIOS loads but not the OS, all I get is a black screen and mashing F8 yields the same result (that is, nothing)
This is confusing and worrying to me as there have been no other significant faults.
Specs:
Intel quad core processor at 2.67 GHz
8GB SD-RAM
ATI 5870 HD grhics card
500GB HDD
Dell motherboard
What's causing this? Can it be fixed?
I don't have the install disk
Advanced boot is inaccessible, both F 5 and 8 yields no response.

A:PC won't boot after installing updates

Use the instructions below to get to the System Recovery Options.  In step 7b choose the System Restore option.  Choose a restore point prior to the downloads.  The instructions below include a download of a ISO image which can be used to create an installation disc.

A Windows 7 Repair Installation will require a installation disc.

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation disc you can download a free legal ISO image of Windows 7 SP1 at  Windows 7 Forums.  You will need to download the same version of Windows 7 that you have installed,  This image is hosted by the Digital River store which is an official distribution partner of Microsoft.  This is a genuine untouched image which is safe to download. 

Attention:  If you do have a Windows installation disc, skip Part A and go to Part B, Step 1b.

Part A, Steps 1a - 6a

The ISO image will need to be burned to a DVD in order to create a bootable installation disc.

1a)  To burn a ISO file to a DVD please download ImgBurn and install it.

2a)  Insert a blank DVD into your CD/DVD drive tray, and then close the tray.

3a)  Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.

4a)  Click on the Browse for a file icon:

5a)  Locate the ISO file you want to burn, and click on the Open button.

6a)  Click on the blue arrow to start burning the bootable DVD.

Please note:  In order to boot from this DVD you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Part B, Steps 1b - 10b

1b)  Place the installation disc in the tray of the CD/DVD drive, close the tray and restart the computer.

2b)  You will be prompted to press any key to start the installation, I find the space bar handy.

At this point the setup process will load files, this will take several minutes.

3b)  You will now need to choose the  Language, Time, currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use.

After this is done click on Next.

4b)  Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.

This link will begin the Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

5b)  System Recovery Options will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations.  This will take several minutes.

No participation is required on your part at this time, wait till it has finished and the next window opens.

6b)  Choose the Windows 7 installation that you'd like to perform the Startup Repair on, then click on Next

7b)  Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

For a future reference, there are several other diagnostic and recovery tools available in the Windows 7 System Recovery Options including System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, and Command Prompt.

8b)  The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems in the system files.

If Startup Repair finds a problem with any system files the tool may suggest a solution which you will need to confirm, or may solve the problem automatically.

9b)  Startup Repair will now attempt to repair whatever problems it found with system files.  

Note:  If Startup Repair did not find any problems with system files you won't see this step.

Important: Your computer may or may not restart several times during this repair process.  This is normal, you should allow it to continue until you see the Restart your computer to complete the repairs window. 

10b)  Click on Finish, this will restart your computer.

It is p... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524317/pc-wont-boot-after-installing-updates/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Recently purchased a refurbished Toshiba Satellite C running windows operating system Was very pleased with it but found the message 'SecureBoot not configured correctly Build ' in a watermark in the bottom right corner of my desktop Decided to search the internet for a C50 not configured correctly - 9600 Build Boot Secure Satellite resolution and after going on troubleshooting sites found out about the BIOS Setup required however it warned that this was for advanced users who know their stuff about the technicalities of computers Whilst I am computer literate I'm not Satellite C50 - Secure Boot not configured correctly Build 9600 someone who likes to mess with the advanced options Then I stumbled across a reliable computer blog which had a detailed post on SecureBoot Link to blog and specfic post www techrepublic com blog windows-and-office deal-with-the-secureboot-isnt-configured-correctly-watermark-in-windows- I thought this would resolve my issue and I will admit it did help telling me to use windows powershell as a precaution before using the BIOS setup I was glad I did as it came back telling me that I have a non-production SecureBoot policy present on my laptop in which case I would have to ask for technical support for a system specific solution which would typically be a firmware update I did try to phone but the line was very busy and felt it might be easier to post this issue on a forum If anyone has an answer please help as I really would like to enable SecureBoot if possible as I believe computers should be set up with the best security options possible and it makes me feel comfortable knowing that it is set up securely

A:Satellite C50 - Secure Boot not configured correctly Build 9600

Someone commented the blog and posted this solution:

The registry fix to remove the watermark is as follows.
1. Start the Registry Editor with Admin rights (C:\Windows\regedit)
2. Navigate to the following path
-> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System.
3. There, the two values " ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin "and" EnableLUA "set to" 0 ".

You can also try to enable the secure boot option in BIOS (in case its not already enabled)
To get into the BIOS, press F2 while powering ON the unit.

Additionally recommend checking this Microsoft page:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/secure-boot-watermark

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78498-Satellite-C50-Secure-Boot-not-configured-correctly-Build-9600
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Since Windows Changes Updates reverting last few months we are facing issues with several Windows Clients that we are getting error message quot failure configuring windows updates reverting Windows Updates reverting Changes changes quot We are pushing patches using a central tool and in some of the PC's we are getting these errors We have tried the following steps but issue is not resolved Run Checksur tool nbsp and windows update readiness tool Windows Updates reverting Changes in the affected system logging with Admin ID and connected to raw internet It worked for two days and then again the same issue continues Run the Windows Updates reverting Changes Micosoft Fixit troubleshooter in the affected systems Even after running successfully the problem continues All steps mentioned in following steps nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp http www thewindowsclub com failure-configuring-windows-updates nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp https support microsoft com en-in kb I have checked the logs and found the Windows Update errors with event ID and error code as x f

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/84cb5490-7654-4fc2-acd1-36ac0efb1769/windows-updates-reverting-changes?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi folks,

I have a reoccurring problem with my laptop which perhaps you could help with.

My laptop always fails to install windows updates with the following error:
"Failure to install windows updates; reverting changes"

I took a look in my update history, as per the image below. What is interesting is that there appears to be a reoccurring problem with two particular updates which repeatedly fail:

The history of failed updates goes back way further too. KB2871690 & KB2871777 have repeatedly failed.
KB2802618 failed for while and eventually succeeded.

Can anyone give me any pointers? Microsofts Fixit didn't work, sadly.

Thanking you in advance,

Henry Cann

A:Updates failed; Reverting Changes

You can try running the trouble shooter:
Windows Update: Frequently asked questions - Microsoft Windows Help

Also I would look through the list and see if any of the updates are for Windows Update itself. If so, try to run those manually.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39486-updates-failed-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My computer shuts down at am and again at pm no matter what I am doing About half of the time I can catch it in the evening as I Converting then Reverting updates get Converting then Reverting updates a warning In the morning I do not This mornings messages As it is shutting down - quot Configuring Windows Updates quot As it comes back up - quot Configuring Windows Updates quot Then - quot Failure to Configure Updates quot Then - quot Reverting Changes quot Then - Preparing to Configure Windows quot In the evening it is also Configuring Windows updates but I don t believe it shuts down after that If I can catch it I postpone for hours Since I go to bed at pm I don t see it all the time Someone helped me a few months ago with this problem but the solution they gave me then does not work in this situation Command prompt net stop Wuaserv Start windir Rename Software Distribution folder to quot Old quot Command Prompt net start Wuaserv Wait for quot Windows Update Service has successfully quot Exit Command prompt Reboot Please help nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

After reciveing a security update from MS about days ago my computer stopped booting in any mode I Contacted MS tech support and was instructed on how to do many things for some reason I could not get it across to them that the computer would not boot After reloading the system without the updates was when I tried MS s tech support recommendations none of which cured the problem The only way to get the computer to boot was to reload the windows XP program with SP at that computer after wont updates boot point everything worked fine until i downloaded the security updates Then the machine would not boot in any mode I have done this so many times I M SICK OF THE COMPUTER QUESTION Assuming that i need the security updates what can i do to find out which update is computer wont boot after updates causing the problem After installing the updates without MS Internet Exporoer update computer wont boot after updates and booting in the normal mode I get the BSOD and a dump to the disk What can i use to get to the hard drive to copy the dump and send it to MS tech support nbsp

A:computer wont boot after updates

You can take out the hard drive from your desktop and send it to MS by mail. They should take it in and repair it without deleting any of your files. I haven't tried this so I don't know if they will except the file. Call MS before doing any of this.

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-after-updates.602449/
Relevancy 80.41%

I seen that someone else had this same problem in here so I copied and pasted this problem here in my own Thread cause I'm having the same problem or HELP Complete Updates, Installing Cannot Check for Updates New but seems that I couldn't use the help that was giving to that user Cannot Complete Installing Updates, or Check for New Updates HELP cause it was for Cannot Complete Installing Updates, or Check for New Updates HELP that user only Windows Update now says quot Restart your computer to install important updates quot When I do the computer shuts down saying quot Preparing to configure updates quot When it restarts it says quot Configuring updates completed quot then restarts again Upon reaching the welcome screen this time it says quot Failed to configure updates reverting changes Welcome quot and returns me to my desktop At this point when I try to manually check for new updates or if I just leave Windows Update alone until it checks itself Windows Update tells me quot Restart your computer to install important updates quot and the process loops again so I cannot check for updates Report- Windows Please Help zip If you do not want to download the report here it is Code Advanced SystemCare Diagnose Report v Date ---------------------------------- - Operating System ---------------------------------- - Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - - Language English Regional Setting English - BIOS BIOS Date Ver - Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz - Memory MB RAM - Available OS Memory MB RAM - Page File MB used MB available - Windows Dir C windows - DirectX Version DirectX - DX Setup Parameters Not found - User DPI Setting Using System DPI - System DPI Setting DPI percent - DWM DPI Scaling Disabled - DxDiag Version ---------------------------------- - Processor ---------------------------------- - Caption Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz x MHz - Current Clock Speed MHz - L -Cache KB - L -Cache KB - L -Cache MB ---------------------------------- - Video Adapter ---------------------------------- - Card Name Intel R HD Graphics - Manufacturer Intel Corporation - Chip Type Intel R HD Graphics Core i - DAC Type Internal - Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV - Display Memory MB - AdapterRAM GB - Current Mode x bit Hz - Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor - Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd - Driver Version - Driver Language English - DDI Version - Driver Model WDDM - Driver Beta False - Driver Debug False - Driver Date - Driver Size - VDD n a - Mini VDD n a - Mini VDD Date n a - Mini VDD Size - Device Identifier D B E - - CF-BE A- F A C C - Vendor ID x - Device ID x - SubSys ID x - Revision ID x - Driver Strong Name oem inf Intel Mfg NTamd iILKM pci ven amp dev amp subsys - Rank Of Driver E - Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeWMV B ModeWMV C ModeVC B ModeVC C - Deinterlace Caps BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess S... Read more

A:Cannot Complete Installing Updates, or Check for New Updates HELP

Hello dlolley and welcome to Seven Forums.

According to the Advanced SystemCare diagnose report you provided there seems to be a problem with something called Tuneup 2012 or Tuneup Utilities. I'm not sure if this is a different product from Advanced SystemCare that generated your report or if Tuneup 2012 is a part of Advanced SystemCare. In any case, these tuneup utilities can cause major damage to operating system files, the registry, etc. I would suggest uninstalling them. Windows 7 isn't like XP which required constant tweaking to work right.

Then I would run a full anti-virus scan with your installed anti-malware suite. No anti-malware product is 100% effective 100% of the time. If there was such a thing we'd all be using it. So after running that scan I would follow up with some additional scans using these free tools. Don't forget to update the data bases before running the scans.:

Malwarebytes

ESET Online Scanner

Windows Defender Offline

If the scans come back clean you could try rolling back your computer to a date/time prior to the update problems using system restore. I would also run a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are found, run the scan 3 times and reboot the computer after each scan.

System Restore

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

When you're finished with the above you can try installing the updates again. Do not use the automatic update setting. Use the setting called Never Check For Updates (Not Recommended). That will be in Step 3 of this tutorial:

Windows Update Settings - Change

When you manually check for updates install them just a few at a time (maybe 3 - 5 at a time.) Keep track of the KB numbers. After installing the first group, restart the computer. If no problems are noted install the next group and restart. If problems do occur you'll know which group to uninstall. Install the updates from that group one at a time and reboot after each one. They'll either all install OK or you'll know which specific update is at fault. Leave that update for last. Continue installing the remaining groups rebooting after each group is installed. This is a much slower process but usually results in a clean install (providing the tuneup utilities you've used haven't caused additional issues.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/260129-cannot-complete-installing-updates-check-new-updates-help.html
Relevancy 80.41%

My last successful update check was September Some updates installed successfully others failed The failed ones were Update for Windows KB Recommended Update for Windows KB Important Update for Windows KB Recommended Windows Update now says quot Restart your computer to install important updates quot When I do the computer shuts down saying quot Preparing to configure updates quot When it Cannot Updates or Check Installing New Complete for Updates, restarts it says quot Configuring updates completed quot then restarts again Upon reaching the welcome screen this time it says quot Failed to configure updates reverting changes Welcome quot and returns me to my desktop At this point when I try to manually check for new updates or if I just leave Windows Update alone until it checks itself Windows Update tells me quot Restart your computer to install important updates quot and the process Cannot Complete Installing Updates, or Check for New Updates loops again so I cannot check for updates Things I have tried -FixIt MicrosoftFixit wu LB Run -Manually installing the failed updates each one tells me that quot The update is not applicable to your computer quot -Startup repair though I'm having no problems starting up -Rebooting in safe mode then restarting -Disabling F-Secure firewall and antivirus -System Restore to a point before these updates were attempted this resulted in a message saying that System Restore failed but at the same time System Cannot Complete Installing Updates, or Check for New Updates Restore also presents me the option to undo the System Restore which also gives me a failure message x a I've never posted on a help forum like this before so please be patient and clear with instructions on how to provide any information I need to you

A:Cannot Complete Installing Updates, or Check for New Updates

There are a few hundred MS Fixits - which one have you used?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/254033-cannot-complete-installing-updates-check-new-updates.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi there
I had to revert one of my laptops back to W7 -- need it for work. I'm still using W8 at home etc.

I did a CLEAN re- install of W7 Enterprise X-64 which INCLUDED SP1.

After the install it needed over 120 updates -- even BEFORE installing OFFICE 2010. This was a W7 install which INCLUDED SP1 so if you are reverting to an OLDER copy of W7 you'll need even more updates. !!!

Just warning people in case for one reason or another they revert back to W7 and choose to do a complete re-install -- process could take you longer than you think !!!!

Cheers
jimbo

A:Warning - reverting back to W7 might need a LOT of updates

Why don't you use something like Macrium Reflect FREE Edition to take an image, then renew the image after each set of updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5001-warning-reverting-back-w7-might-need-lot-updates.html
Relevancy 79.98%

So i bought new laptop and i did win update, rebooted and got up to 98%, then it gave me error failure to configure, it just keeps restarting and showing that error, i tried to get to bios, but it wont go tried f2 f12 f8 esc keys... i just cant do anything but watch it revert it.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47021-failure-configure-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I work for one of the biggest PC retailers in the UK everyday i setup counltess laptop and towers these include pre-set up ones that are ready to use when the customer buys and also software setups for updates - bug reverting issue windows 8 Serious customers such as personlisation backup to usb install all updates create user names and email addresses install office and anti-virus and register them now on Serious windows 8 bug - issue reverting updates most of the laptops and it only happens on windows is that when its installed all updates in windows then it needs restarting what happens is it gets to on the Serious windows 8 bug - issue reverting updates boot screen and then states quot failure to configure updates reversing changes please wait again this is during reboot and not within windows itself also happens when using LAN this can take as long as hour sometimes more - the strange thing is though is AFTER its happened if you retry it and download and install all the updates it will work its rare it doesn't on the nd try Now this seems to happen more on ASUS LENOVO Serious windows 8 bug - issue reverting updates and SONY laptops and some HP's - the rest like COMAPQ PACKARD BELL and ACER seen to be ok as far as i can recall i only work part-time but its all I do and have done so for months at xmas I setup some laptops and probably do about per week currently these are all fresh from manufacturers and need setting up to me it seems to be some bug in the windows software - MS have confirmed this happens but their only advice is to use system restore or reset thats passing the buck rather than finding a fix as Im alsmost certain its a fault in windows can anyone help shine some light on this issue gt when I look online there are litterally hundreds of users with same problem not too mention customers who didnt buy a setup and brought it back later with the same fault Iam looking to get too the bottom of this and wondered if some EF experts could help many thanks

A:Serious windows 8 bug - issue reverting updates

Hi Snadge,
had this issue on my Asus lappy took about 2/3 hours to reset.
didn't bother looking for a reason but there might possibly be answer in the events log.
(windows>application or setup)

Roy

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49722-serious-windows-8-bug-issue-reverting-updates.html
Relevancy 79.98%

every saturday my laptop wants to update, but and the end of the process it says failure and it will revert to old changes at the end of stage 3. also I cannot see my cd/dvd drive anymore. it opens and lights up when a disc is inserted but will not show up on computer

A:windows vista updates reverting

Go here:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/945a75f0-30b1-4fec-b094-aba8dff91e3b

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-updates-reverting.906691/
Relevancy 79.12%

Dell Latitude 2120. Windows 7 trying to restore at boot up, loads 18000+ updates then restores again in loop. Safe mode attemp restore lists OS C: as only selectable drive, operating drive is D:
<DIR> lookup shows an apple update and delete april of 2013 appears to be when problem started.

A:Windows 7 restore to updates, no boot, loop back to updates

Quote: Originally Posted by whitefoote

Dell Latitude 2120. Windows 7 trying to restore at boot up, loads 18000+ updates then restores again in loop. Safe mode attemp restore lists OS C: as only selectable drive, operating drive is D:
<DIR> lookup shows an apple update and delete april of 2013 appears to be when problem started.

Hi whitefoote,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Kindly check this link which should be helpful in resolving this issue:

Failure to Boot

Also, you can perform a factory install if you have taken a backup using dell software:

http://dell.to/19boJUM

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/314767-windows-7-restore-updates-no-boot-loop-back-updates.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I've offline Win10 alter MBR? prevent boot? Updates Updates never had any major problems with Win before and last year I installed some of the KB updates that turned out to be Win gubbins -mainly cos they were all labelled as 'Win updates' Yeh I wasn't being vigilant enough at the time but then with no Win problems before I had no problems with M I always boot up my laptop offline -mainly cos I have stuff to do on the computer first and then I'll go online afterwards I have a USB mobile internet dongle for my laptop -not a fixed line -and the wifi is turned off Following an install of some Win10 Updates prevent offline boot? Updates alter MBR? of these updates the next time I booted up I got the usual opening screen Dell logo F Set Up F Boot Options then Win10 Updates prevent offline boot? Updates alter MBR? the screen goes black and then nothing - the screen stayed black Normally it then goes to 'Starting Windows' yada yada log-in screen appears sign in off we go So after nothing I tried again and nothing F BIOS change the settings and nothing Tried all sorts of BIOS settings and nothing F advanced nothing Couldn't reach the log-in screen no sign of 'Starting Windows' After about half an hour - various BIOS settings making no difference at all - I made a cup of tea and thought 'Well that's that then ' The previous weeks had been 'GWX GWX You want Win Yes you do ' but my approach was to leave it a bit -wait until after the initial fanfare had died down any early bugs fixed and check out the feedback after a few months of people using Win proper Which made me think 'I wonder if this is something to do with Windows ' So I plugged in the USB dongle and pressed the 'on' button Lo and behold After the Dell screen a little M logo and a loading bar appear Starting Windows Log-in screen I sign in desktop appears and BOINK Up pops a GWX ad Those with home or work PCs probably leave everything connected -internet etc when they power down so the next time they boot up again with connections all in place they may not notice anything wrong with the boot just log in as normal and see the GWX ad People with mobile internet or with limited data -who only connect when needed -may have experienced this -their PC laptop not booting -but not realized that it's just a GWX ad - an installed 'update' -preventing the boot up process I think this was a result of installing the Win app KB but not sure It may even have been that this didn't take effect straight away the next time I booted up - or if it had a delay - tasked as a prompt or 'reminder' cos my response to any Win stuff had been zero Conspiracy theory time So what is this I bought Win - M already have my money Maybe I didn't read the very very small print but upon purchase I wasn't made aware that at some future date M would disable Win the OS I paid for granting access only if I accepted an online ad for their new product Over the next few days after reading the 'Remove Win KB AllStars' thread and after finding out a lot more about what M have been up to pushing Win I uninstalled some of the updates - first to go were KB and the mentioned KB Uninstalling required a restart Press restart shuts down as normal and nothing Change settings in the BIOS and nothing Connect the USB internet dongle and nothing All I got was the splash screen it goes black then either it just stayed black or one of several messages appeared on the black screen - 'boot manager is missing' was the most common one but I also got 'operating system is missing' a few times Using what turned out to be invaluable - Hiren's Boot Disc - I eventually found the core of the problem - the Master Boot Record MBR had been altered Now I don't go round messing with the system files or the boot up files - you do that and your system doesn't work - well duh - what do you expect So I leave them be How did it change then All I can think of is the update - I hadn't made any hardware changes or reconfigured anything and not installed any oth... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389367-win10-updates-prevent-offline-boot-updates-alter-mbr.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I'll be ecstatic if this After Unable To Updates PC Boot Installing Windows could be solved After installing windows updates my pc no longer boots It turns on with some beeping noises and then is just stuck on a black screen where I can move the mouse cursor around to my hearts content but cannnot do anything else as it doesn't boot any further I am not sure if I still have the windows disc as I upgraded from vista many a moon PC Unable To Boot After Installing Windows Updates ago but it maybe here somewhere It doesn't give me the option to run in safe mode do any sort of system repair or go to the BIOS screen due to the fact it doesn't boot up that far My next step of action apart from muttering a few choice swear words is to take it to a pc repair shop which I'm very reluctant to do Any solutions will be greatly appreciated If anymore information is required I'll try my best to provide it Thanks for taking the time to read this

A:PC Unable To Boot After Installing Windows Updates

Pay attention to the pattern of those beeping noises you're hearing when you power it up. Your motherboard is probably trying to tell you something. You'll have to go to the manufacturer's documentation to interpret the beeps.

You might also try resetting your BIOS/CMOS and/or checking/replacing the board's battery:

How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/240023-pc-unable-boot-after-installing-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I downloaded 14 updates for XP yesterday and when I restarted the system it would not boot. Would not boot into safe mode, last known good config or normally. It just keeps looping.

Is there any way I can uninstall those updates? What could the problem be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays

Ken

A:XP will not boot after installing December 2013 Updates

One other thing. I just read the Boot Loop thread and I tried to get into the Recovery Counsel. It wouldn't let me because the incorrect password was entered.

I got into recovery just in case I need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-will-not-boot-after-installing-december-2013-updates.1115884/
Relevancy 79.12%

About couple hours ago I decided to install updates on my Windows desktop I had about or so Can't remember which ones now My update settings are to notify me of the updates but not to install them So I manually clicked yes install Then after a little while the updates window showed up in red telling me that some updates did not install So I decided to reboot the desktop to clear it up Bad idea The desktop now hangs up on this very screen New windows logo and a spinning thing That spinning thing keeps spinning no matter how long I let it run like this The HDD light first blinks but then about half a minute in it stops doing so I believe that the fan inside spins on after hangs 8 boot up installing Windows updates audibly louder too OK so if I reboot by holding down the power button for a few seconds it begins rebooting again For the second time it showed something like quot Automatic repair quot or something I need to say that my solid state drives have Bit locker set up on them So after entering the bit locker keys I was presented with an option to do repairs Since I didn't feel like I needed to do system restore I declined and chose to keep booting into Windows again nothing So I repeated the process above but this time it did not offer me to do system restore and instead it showed something in the tune of quot Repair windows quot So I chose it and it then showed this window Now I tried it two times already Windows 8 hangs up on boot after installing updates and no matter what I choose it hangs up just like I showed on the screenshot above -- Windows 8 hangs up on boot after installing updates with that white Windows 8 hangs up on boot after installing updates border around whatever I choose Anyone any idea how do I get my desktop back

A:Windows 8 hangs up on boot after installing updates

I was able to boot from a recovery USB that I made before and started a console. Here's what I get for drive C:
That is a 256GB Samsung 830 Series SSD, that the OS, Windows 8 was installed on.

Crap!

Does it mean that it's all lost now?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38373-windows-8-hangs-up-boot-after-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 79.12%

So the other day I installed Vista SP1 on my sister's laptop. It wen't through steps 1 and 2, then restarted. However, before it could get to step 3, it went to a black screen and with 251/60... flashing with others things. I tried restarting the computer and it said the computer couldn't boot. I tried the repair thing, but it didn't work. So I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled vista. The computer was fine. So I decided to run windows update. It downloaded everything and installed it, then restarted. But windows wouldn't boot again. I couldn't even enter safe mode. If I tried to select anything, it would just restart the computer and go to the same screen.

Did the vista updates screw up the computer? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

A:Laptop can't boot windows after installing updates

Try running chkdsk on the hard drive you're installing Windows on, to see if it comes up with any erros. Could be a problem with the boot sector.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-cant-boot-windows-after-installing-updates-328368.html
Relevancy 79.12%

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC
Windows 8

My laptop keeps trying to do windows updates and seems to succeed but then I get this message:
"Failure configuring Windows updates
Reverting changes
Do not turn off  your computer"

The laptop seems to be downloading updates and then uninstalls them is what I am seeing.

This is very frustrating not to mention a bandwidth hog.  I've tried different things like disk cleanup, defrag. disk error checks. Nothing seems to fix it. After it finishes taking out all changes, it starts downloading updates again.
Anyone know what is happening?

thanks,

Jim

A:My laptop is in constant revolving updates and reverting changes

Please work your way through this page...read carefully.

https://www.winhelp.us/reinstall-windows-update.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552415/my-laptop-is-in-constant-revolving-updates-and-reverting-changes/
Relevancy 79.12%

My Windows system on my Dell XPS has become unstable since a recent Windows Update Hard disk and diagnostic checks are good as well as full malware checks are clean Many of the built-in and rd party apps are now unstable and crash fairly frequently sfc scannow repair finds some issues and tries to fix them but doesn't seem to work Windows startup repair also doesn't seem to resolve it The two updates that seem to have started all this are KB Cumulative security updates for IE and KB Update to windows They always say Failure configuring Windows updates and reverting changes I think I have a corrupted Windows system file I've used Tweaking com Windows Repair v with no luck either Any way to find and fix it without moving all my data offline and then re-installing Windows and moving data back Or at least figure out how to do the updates correctly Any help appreciated Thanks guys P updates reverting Microsoft recent Windows 7 S Attached is log of issues Tweaking found Lots Windows 7 reverting recent Microsoft updates of failures and warnings in there with Windows Update Agent

A:Windows 7 reverting recent Microsoft updates

No attachment.  If any BSOD's, change in System Properties under the Advanced tab, click on the radio button for Settings, and change the machine to not reboot after a BSOD, and the log to "Complete Memory Dump".  Did you try a System Restore back before this all happened?  I would after you get this straightened out, use Clonezilla (download Tuxboot from Tuxboot.org to make a bootable USB Pendrive or CD), then clone the drive to either a DVD or Network drive.

Windows also has been known to pull bad updates, due to they end up finding out that they do cause issues.  The last one is for RDC, but also is for Windows 8.x Server 2012 r2, that it changes the behavior of RDC (Remote Desktop Connection.  I would just shut RDC off and use Teamviewer, if you access your computer remotely while either in the house, or away.

The first one was supposed to repair a memory leak in IE11.  See this for others having the same problem with KB2909921.  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/kb2909921-was-auto-installed-then-ie-couldnt/d8ef1715-c903-4cc3-ad40-4edfe72587bb?auth=1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524388/windows-7-reverting-recent-microsoft-updates/
Relevancy 79.12%

While trying to figure out why my computer was running so slow. I shut it down and was going to boot it back up in safe mode to see if that helped at all and now I am getting the above Failure to configure windows updates.

What do I need to or can I do for this issue.

A:Failure Configuring Windows Updates. Reverting Changes. HELP

Hi 4honeys Are you able to boot back your computer normally or is it stuck in a loop of "Failure to configure Windows Updates"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584369/failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes-help/
Relevancy 79.12%

I was checking out a friends laptop for them and noticed it had updates needing to be installed I went ahead and let them install Now I have the message changes Reverting Failure updates configuring Windows quot Failure configuring Windows updates Reverting changes quot It has been this way for about hrs It will sometimes stop and says restarting and then goes right back to quot Failure configuring Windows updates Reverting changes quot Is this normal behavior when you have updates at once Or is it just stuck in a loop Should I force a shutdown even though it says quot Do not turn off your computer quot Need some advice as to what to do I'm assuming it is but I'm not sure It could be just but Failure configuring Windows updates Reverting changes I don't think it is UPDATE It just restarted and booted to desktop It took about hours of quot Failure configuring Windows updates Reverting changes quot with multiple restarts in between I think I will do a few updates at a time since there are so many Maybe that will help

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/72261-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

So I've had this problem for a couple of weeks now, everytime I reboot my PC to install the updates it will seemingly fail at 100% when configuring the updates "failure configuring updates, reverting back changes" I haven't done any critical changes to my PC, it just suddenly didn't configure the updates correctly. I don't have any third part firewalls or AV programs. I have Windows 8 x64 pro if that's of any use. I also tried to troubleshoot the problem with the windows troubleshooter but it was of no use.
Here's a picture of the update history if that helps: http://tldr.me/11bpbd7.jpg

A:Failure configuring updates, reverting back changes

There are too many updates to install at one time. Install 5 at a time, if any cause problems hide them temporarily and continue on to the next batch. It is probable that the .NetFramwork are blocking some of them.

Before doing the above run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
Troubleshoot problems with installing updates - Windows Help

Windows Key + X, select Command Prompt (Admin) and type exactly sfc /scannow

Temporarily disable your Firewall

Now try the updates as specified above.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56134-failure-configuring-updates-reverting-back-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I've been working on this for a week now and have given up. I now seek your assistance. The device is a HP Pavilion g7 Win7 Home Premium x64. I have many issues with windows updates. I have it now down to 10 important and 2 optional. They install successfully and then advise to restart the computer. Configuring windows... computer reboots... configuring windows and right at 97% it shows "Failure configuring Windows updates Reverting Changes"

I've used the Windows Update Readiness Tool from Oct 2014. Attempted installing one by one.

Error Codes:
8007054F for KB3000061 and KB3003743
800F0826 for all others

The CBS log keeps giving me errors when trying to attach it. Let me know whatever other info is needed.

Thanks for your assistance!

A:Windows Updates fail after reboot. Reverting changes.

Im trying to upload the CBS log but its 9.26MBs compressed and the limit is 8MB. Please advise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352055-windows-updates-fail-after-reboot-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Failure configuring Windows Updates, Reverting changes

system: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits - system is in Spanish.

I followed all kinds of procedures on even more forums but no solution.

1. System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) - KB947821

installed!

2. SFC scan

done, scan stopped at 92%. Says that there are damaged files and refers to CBS.log

3. Windows Update Error Codes

80073712 - I already followed instructions to fix it, but error keeps popping up
80070002 - I already followed instructions to fix it, but error keeps popping up

4. Log Collection

I can't upload the file, because it seems to be to big (11 mb). I shared it on the next link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9y1xokombpamohc/CBS.zip

thanks a lot people for any help!

A:Failure configuring Windows Updates, Reverting changes

Have you scanned with your anti-virus? What browser are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312866-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello, i restored my samsung sidesync homysync lite laptop to factory image, it installed 97 updates and then after restarting multiple times i get this " Failure configuring windows updates, Reverting changes, Do not turn off your computer." I get this for more than 3 hours now, i tried to restart it but i keep getting this,i cant get in windows. What can i do?

A:failure configuring windows updates, reverting changes

That many updates will take a very long time to revert. Let it do it's job. When things return to normal, install 5 at a time, less wear and tear on the computer and less frustration for you. If you get an update that won't install, hide it temporarily and continue on with the rest then come back to the ones that did not install.

Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter from this site before proceeding with the updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/54480-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

This is a message that could piss off the Pope.  I'm reloading computers and doing massive amounts of updates, as many as 210 at a time, and sometimes I get this message.  And it doesn't take out just the defective update, it takes out ALL the updates done in that session!

Is there a way to fix this problem or minimize the amount of time wasted on it?

I always run the Microsoft 50123 fixit before updating.  Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't.

What causes this enormous time-waster?

A:Failure configuring Windows updates, reverting changes.....

Try running the system readiness tool before the updates. It's a kludge but you could run approx 20 updates at a time. That way the most it could take out would be 20.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588509/failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi guys,

Last night I did a system refresh and this was the result this morning, faaaantastic!

I am currently having an issue on my laptop at the moment where it's stuck in an infinite loop of 'reverting changes' after having tried to update and failed at 30%, I have done some reading at ways to boot into safe mode however it would appear windows 8 doesn't give me the chance.

I do not have a copy of my original windows 8 disc and am at a loss, please help!
Edit; I have tried spamming F4, F8, F10 buttons and none are allowing me to enter boot mode.

A:Failure Configuring Windows Updates 'Reverting Changes'

Open the Admin command (Win+X->Command Prompt(Admin)) and type:
bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal
Restart your PC, it should boot into safe mode.

To remove it from booting into safe mode, run from Admin Command:
bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/54301-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Since a few days, there are A LOT of computers that are experiencing a problem with Windows Update. When booting the computer, a screen with the following appears: "Failure configuring Windows Updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer.". For some people, the problem is fixed is 10 minutes, but in general it takes 30minutes to an hour! We have cases of people that needed to wait for more then 3 hours.
When booted, you can see that some updates are failed. Last week, we thought that it was KB2952664, but today we see that the problem has returned at computers where the update is hidden or already installed.

Is anybody seeing the problem and does anybody has a fix?
It literally happening to more then 15 of our clients and i've seen it on more then 30 computers.

Disabling Windows Update seems the only fix at the moment.

A:"Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes."

i have had the same exact issue with multiple computers where i work. I have not found a fix but i am literally having those same exact issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602821/failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

I purchased a new ASUS LAPTOP which came with windows 8 installed.
When i tried to restart after installing Gtalk i got this message.

"failure configuring windows updates. reverting changes. do not turn off your computer "

I got this on last friday i.e the 6th of june, ever since i am not able to do anything with my laptop. I dont have windows 8 dvd as well.

How do i re boot it?
Model number : Asus 15634 Laptop Intel Core i3

I also tried pressing the power button for 15 secs , still no luck
Tried f8 f9 and windows + r and windows+ X keys no luck

A:failure configuring windows updates. reverting changes!

Hi Diva,
had the same prob after restore factory settings.

I let it run for about 2 hours it finally reverted, after about 7/8 tries

After you are up and running go

Controlpanel>windowsUpdate>troubleshoot, to clear any errors

Roy

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47846-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I restarted my Samsung model np365e5c-s01us this morning. Upon restarting a green screen displaying the words "failure configuring Windows updates reverting changes do not restart your computer." Appeared. I waited over 2 hours with no change. I tried restarting the laptop several times including removing the battery and leaving it out for 15 minutes. Still no change. I researched and tried multiple solutions online, including pressing f8 and other keys upon boot up, nothing worked. I was not able to pull up any settings screens or any other screens besides the green screen with the failure message. Any advice?

A:Failure configuring Windows updates reverting changes do not

That can take 7 or 8 hours to perform the reversion
Just turn on computer, walk away and let it do its thing without interfering.
On odd occasions I saw it take almost 24 hours before it reverted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes-do-not.1160401/
Relevancy 79.12%

Product Name            :-HP Pavilion g6-2202tx Notebook PCOperating System      :- windows 8 pre-installedIt's been more than an hour, I'm still stuck at this message. What should I do? Everytime I do an update, it shows up for too long. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Failure-configuring-windows-updates-Reverting-changes/td-p/5610923
Relevancy 79.12%

So after turning on my parent's laptop this morning they recieved this message and the laptop has been stuck on it for about 4 hours. I know how to fix it but I can't do anything on the laptop because there is no way to go past this message. I don't have a recovery CD or access to another laptop with Windows 8 to make one.

Is there anything I can do to get past this message? I've tried getting into safe mode a couple of times but nothing seems to work.

Thanks in advance

A:Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes

If it was trying to update too may Updates, it was bound to fail and revert changes and take a long time to revert. Give it a bit more time. Do you recall how many there were?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56601-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I've been stuck on this screen for awhile now and its quite annoying. I just got this laptop about a week ago and haven't really done much on it. I recently did put a whole bunch of pictures on it though that I really don't want to lose, that would be really terrible really. Anyway, this screen won't go away, all I did was try to update it to Windows 8.1 cause a message popped up saying to do that from the computer settings button that you find on the charm bar. I did try turning it off and on because another forum said that that worked for them. Then after restarting it came right back to this screen. But I literally can't do anything because it's stuck on this screen! Any advice?

A:Failure configuring Windows updates/ reverting changes/

I hope that you still have the backup of your pictures.

Your problem is not very clear, it looks like you are talking about two different things. There is no popup that will tell you to update to Windows 8.1 by "saying to do that by the computer settings in the charms bar", it just isn't done that way.

The best bet would be to use the recovery partition in your computer to reset to original factory conditions, see your computer manual on how to proceed.

When done install all the windows updates then go to the Windows Store to get and install the Windows 8.1 update.
Windows 8.1 - Update to from Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/48544-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I just bought new Asus Vivotab Smart Windows 8 tablet, after the very first windows update it failed to install some of the updates, and then after the reboot I am now stuck with the message "Failure configuring Windows updates, reverting changes".
It never gets any further than this, it never reverts, I have left it running for an entire day and have restarted several times.

please note that this is a tablet, so there is no keyboard so I cannot press any F keys to get into recovery mode, and no CD to boot from etc.

A:Failure configuring Windows updates, reverting changes

Hi Snake,
had to leave my lappy COMPLETELY alone for it to finally revert.
After that go
ControlPanel>WindowsUpdate>reviewhistory>troubleshoot.
Then install updates.

Roy

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/48465-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I installed updates last night on my work computer (Alienware X51 R2 Windows 7 Ultimate).  When I came into work this morning and fired it up I'm getting a message "Failure configuring Windows updates...Reverting changes Do not turn off your computer". 
After letting it sit for four hours, I wasn't getting anywhere.  Forced a restart with the power button, tried to get to the Repair My Computer option under advanced boot options, and I have no repair option.
I can't boot into safe mode, and I can't boot normally.  Any suggestions on how to get to where I can do a system restore?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19669908
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi! Okay, yesterday I reset my laptop to its factory settings and today it's giving me the message "failure configuring windows updates; reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer." It's been like this for hours and I've tried everything. Anyone know how to get out of this?!

A:Failure configuring windows updates; reverting changes?

Rotated & cropped ----

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49427-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I recently tried updating to windows 10 but got update errors, I ran sfc /scannow and found I had corrupted files, however it couldn't fix them. I tried everything and had to resort to upgrading windows 7 again to repair all windows files. This required me to install updates again. I downloaded and installed all 201 updates then when I booted my computer this earlier it got to the stage where it said Failure configuring windows updates reverting. Does anyone know how long this is going to take I've already been waiting 30 mins and need my PC ASAP . Also is there any work around to this?

Thanks

A:Please HELP - Failure configuring Windows Updates Reverting changes

Try downloading/installing like 10 or 20 updates at a time and install the updates you can install for now.
Go to updates history and check which one is failings, uncheck it so you can minimize the loop here, then try to solve the failing update after that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377015-please-help-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 78.69%

hi,

i have a dual boot laptop dell insperion 1710. dual boot xp and vista on a partitioned disk
last night my battery ran out while it was doing an update for xp.

tried to boot into xp but it would get stuck on the xp emblem.

i can however boot into vista just fine.

im thinking either my MBR was corrupted or my boot ini

any other ideas?

if all else fails i guess i will have to reinstall XP again. and i know that is a pain cause i have to go into dos commands an mess with the bootlaoder.

evrtything is backed up on a external drive.

any help or ideas would really help me out

thanks!

Relevancy 78.26%

I installed Windows Vista Ultimate on several machines without installing will after Vista not up updates boot Ultimate Windows incident Yesterday I installed it onto my desktop A Gateway that was previously running Win XP I had backed up my hard drive to an external becuase I wanted to do a clean setup I chose those uptions as they appeared in the setup screen The os set up fine I then ran Windows Update AFter everything downloaded I Windows Vista Ultimate will not boot up after installing updates let the system install the Windows Vista Ultimate will not boot up after installing updates updates The computer shyt down I restaeted it and re-ran updates again After downloading it installed about more updates and shut down Now when I turn on the machine I get the quot Splash Screen quot tehn a black screen and in the top left corner it says Booting quot Windows Vista quot ACPI Vista Loader Done Fallback find --set-root bootmgr That hangs for about two minutes then I get a screen that says Setup is inspecting your hardware configuration Then a screen that says The file ARFSPK N could not be found Press any key to continue I press a key and I get a Setup Failed and it just basically goes back to the beginning I have tried installing the Original XP setup disc that came with my computer however it reads it then I get a message saying that Drive quot R quot could not be read and then my CD drive door opens There is no disc in that drive as the setup disk is a DVD so it is in the DVD drive I went into the whole setup screen and chnaged the boot order but nothing seems to work I need HELP Thank you very much

A:Windows Vista Ultimate will not boot up after installing updates

Markyajv,
Welcome to Vista Forums!

Was your gateway having any other issues before you updated it? Virus, infection of any type? Or was it just time to upgrade?

The reason that you might be getting that disc error is because that might be a recovery disc, not an installation disc.

Try inserting you vista install disc, make sure that you are booting from the DVD drive before the harddrive. Then, when you go to install, when you are looking to see what partion to install on, make sure that you erase, not format, erase the partion. This usually helps with installation errors.

Let us know,
Ben

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261264-windows-vista-ultimate-will-not-boot-up-after-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I just installed 10 updates, restart the computer, and it crashes as soon as the windows xp logo appears. I tried to boot it in safemode, but the same thing happens. It crashes immediately. I am using Ubuntu on the same computer, and it's working fine. Please help.
Thank you in advance. Help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: please go to post #41 for possible solutions from admir1972 and madnaveen
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/901672-windows-xp-fails-boot-up-3.html#post7206847

Relevancy 78.26%

Quick background I m on a dual boot system with Windows installing boot Windows anymore after Solved: Cannot updates XP SP on one partition and Ubuntu on another When shutting down Windows XP today it installed updates before shutting down but I didn t hang around to Solved: Cannot boot anymore after installing Windows updates watch what was going on When I booted up my computer later I got my normal boot manager screen where I choose between Windows or Ubuntu After selecting Windows the hard drive showed activity for less than seconds and then the Solved: Cannot boot anymore after installing Windows updates computer completely locked up no mouse no cursor and certainly no Windows splash welcome screen Also no way to get into safe mode either Obviously something very basic got corrupted or something because after I select Windows at the boot manager the computer goes no more than seconds before freezing FORTUNATELY I can still force mount the NTFS partition in Ubuntu and can work on it but I have no idea where to start Can someone please give me an idea of what might be the problem and how to fix it nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

cumulative security update for internet explorer 11 for windows 7 for x64-based systems
is the error I get when I try to install it, I've tried fix it, system readiness tool, registry fixers, registry reset, and still I get it, but I've done a lot of research and the only conclusion I can come up with is I have corrupted something I don't know. Please don't answer if your going to give me a link for "Checking" updates error 8007002. This is only happening to this specific update.

A:Failure Configuring windows updates, Reverting changes Error

Ok when I restart my computer to configure updates, it goes up to 90% and then says that. But it reboots again and tries to configure a second time but still says failure, it does this 3 times and then I can log in. I think it may have something to do with the error (on my other thread) I have on a update and its affecting this, but I don't know what the problem is. If you see the picture, imagine seeing that one time and it reboots and says that 2 more times. That's what's happening to me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349498-failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes-error.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I've seen a ton of these threads but all the advice seems to be quot do this thing updates, windows reverting configuring to on. log Unable Failure changes. on your computer quot and as Failure configuring windows updates, reverting changes. Unable to log on. the issue is the screen is stuck on quot Failure configuring windows updates reverting changes quot and I am unable to get past it to log in that advice isn't all that relevant to me My laptop was hard reset in the middle of trying to shut down for updates because the battery was low and it became fully depleted before I noticed It was stuck on quot preparing to configure windows don't turn off your computer quot for about hours So I tried rebooting it in safe mode When it loaded it said the same thing then rebooted its self and brought its self back into normal mode this time displaying quot Failure configuring windows updates reverting changes Don't turn off your computer quot It's been hours now Do I just wait it out Acer Timeline X notebook computer windows bit As an aside Lol I guess I should get a mac

A:Failure configuring windows updates, reverting changes. Unable to log on.

I suggest you attempt a boot recovery/repair. Do you have the original install disc?

No need to reinstall the OS yet, but if you have the CD you can repair the files that are causing the boot loader to fail, this may be installed on the HDD by the manufacturer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7
The System Recovery Options menu contains several tools, such as Startup Repair, that can help you recover
Windows from a serious error. This set of tools is on your computer's hard disk and on the
Windows installation disc.

And no, this is not a good enough reason to switch to mac!  ;)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f69a4b50-b1f4-4967-9eea-1708f2462a7c/failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes-unable-to-log-on?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 78.26%

It's been about two months since i last used my laptop and for some reason i haven't been able to successfully update windows. I have tried SURT but with no success. I have my CBS linked on this post, hopefully that will be enough to diagnose what is going on with my laptop.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmg412yevdp5lra/CBS.zip?dl=0

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi Everyone,

My Windows 7 (x64) computer is stuck trying to install updates. Each time I shut down my computer the updates are automatically run, and I see the following...

then...

then...

At this point the computer shuts down. I then turn the computer back on and see the following...

then...

At this stage the computer reboots and then I see the following...

I see the regular logon prompt...

I can then logon as normal, use the computer as normal, but once I shut down the process described above repeats. I have seen it repeat on at least four occasions.

Finally once I log back on I am not prompted with any options, the updates automatically re-apply, and if I look under "Windows Updates" in "Control Panel" I see the following -

If anybody knows how to stop this from happening / fix this please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Davo

A:Windows updates not taking, reverting, constantly retrying!!!

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300600-windows-updates-not-taking-reverting-constantly-retrying.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I did search out this problem...very old posts recommended I start a new thread.

For the last 2 weeks every time I shut down automatic install...installs the same 8 updates.

I'd appreciate any help in solving this problem.

Thanks,
Toni

A:Windows 7 Updates keeps installing same 8 updates over and over

Which updates, and do you have any other odd symptoms?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/248662-windows-7-updates-keeps-installing-same-8-updates-over-over.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Ok so I already had XP SP installed I ran the Vista DVD used the built-in partition utility to create a partition and installed Vista on the new partition thus giving me a dual-booted system Upon boot-up a black and white screen is displayed where I choose XP or Vista Well everything went fine until I tried to install Vista SP the installation failed I was using the downloadable exe because it wasn t appearing in Windows Update Alot of sources online said that you can t install SP until you ve installed all other critical updates So I ran Windows Update and installed all updates marked quot important quot I believe there were After Windows Update finished the computer rebooted Solved: boot installing after Dual-booted Vista won't updates and the Vista screen was displayed where it says it s installing the updates in steps After step it rebooted one more time This time when Vista tried to boot I got a black screen with an error message Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation Solved: Dual-booted Vista won't boot after installing updates disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click Solved: Dual-booted Vista won't boot after installing updates quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact yoru administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File ntoskrnl exe Status xc Info Windows failed to load because a required file is missing or corrupt Click to expand Running the Startup Repair utility doesn t help it found no problems It won t boot into safe mode either XP still boots fine however It seems that one of the updates changes the boot manager files which then destroys the dual-boot configuration But I m not positive of that Had anybody had this issue when trying to dual-boot Do you know which update causes the problems Is it possible to get Vista SP installed on a dual-booted system Would I be better off Installing Vista first then XP All help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Dual-booted Vista won't boot after installing updates

I was pretty sure there was no recovery from that mess that was created, so I went ahead and re-installed Vista. This time, I did a couple things differently. I didn't install any drivers (on the first go-through, I installed the chipset and video card drivers). Also, I went ahead and activated Windows this time (first time I didn't). Installing updates was successful this time. I installed a batch of about 41. Then, a couple more popped up, installed those. Finally, 1 more appeared and I installed that. After this, SP1 finally appeared in Windows Update. I tried installing it, and it went through all the motions. Downloaded and "installed" it in windows update, then it rebooted and did all of the configuring and installing with the 3 steps and everything. When it finally rebooted to Windows, a dialog box told me that the installation had failed. So, I downloaded the SP1 executable and tried installing it that way. Again, it went through all of the motions and seemed to be going fine, but it rebooted after Step 2 and upon reboot a black screen was displayed where it got stuck on this entry:

!! 0xc0000034 !! 30583/72488 (\registry\machine\schema\wcm://Microsoft...)Click to expand...

It just sits on this entry for hours before finally just displaying a black screen and I have to reboot. It then tells me Windows failed to start due to a hardware or software change, blah blah blah. I click Start Windows normally and it takes me to the same black screen where it eventually gets stuck on that same entry.

I've read several places online that Vista SP1 has difficulty installing on a dual-boot system, but they are all in reference to a Vista/Linux dual-boot. Does an XP/Vista dual-boot inevitably have the same issue?

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dual-booted-vista-wont-boot-after-installing-updates.746358/
Relevancy 77.4%

I installed quot required quot Windows XP SP updates this afternoon The workstation prompted me to reboot and I accepted I cannot boot past the quot PowerSpec Pentium quot splash screen I don't even get to a boot window or an XP splash Nada Zip Of course like a typical user i do not have everything backed up And there are things on here that I would hate to lose There are a million things i probably should do to troubleshoot but I don't know where to start I figure that it is driver OS related I can disconnect all peripheral devices and try to boot again I can try to boot to a DOS floppy that i have THere is a faulty CD-RW drive the after installing past Windows Won't boot Updates splash initial reason for my visit to Windows Update that i uninstalled from the OS but I could unplug from the IDE cable too The faulty part is that Won't boot past initial splash after installing Windows Updates it wouldn't recognize any blank CDs as blank and writable UGH If you could see the tears in my wife's face as she imagined photos of her baby Won't boot past initial splash after installing Windows Updates lost forever Suggestions I don't want to do anything that will fry the harddrive I figure that i might be able to pull it out and run it as a slave on another box i have I need those photos

A:Won't boot past initial splash after installing Windows Updates

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattdanger

I installed 46 "required" Windows XP SP 1 updates this afternoon.

yah, yah, i said 46. I know. I KNOW.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-boot-past-initial-splash-after-installing-windows-updates-90919.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Folks I wud really really need your help! I've a Dell Inspiron Desktop, and it ended up installing new updates that have gone into an infinite loop. I've tried hard reset...no change. Rebooted in safe mode....no change (goes back into that same screen saying Windows is configuring....it fails then goes into reverting for ever. Just to b on the safe side the revert has been going on for more than 48 hrs with. I can't get to any restore mode option. I've tried Safe mode+Cmd propmt but again it goes back to that same infinite reverting back loop.
Please help me!!!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/129185-win7-home-premiun-stuck-reverting-back-after-updates-fa.html
Relevancy 77.4%

One of our Windows 7 shows  "Failure configuring Windows updates.
Reverting changes" after installing Updates. I have follow this article to troubleshoot it.

"Failure configuring
Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not
Nov 1, 2013 ... "Failure configuring Windows updates.
Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" error when you try to install Windows updates.

support.microsoft.com

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949358.

Now, it seens the Windows passes the "Failure configuring
Windows updates. Reverting changes" message, but it stays "shuting down" forever (The first time, I let it run for a couple days, and the second time I let it run for week). Any suggestions?

Bob Lin, MCSE & CNE Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net How to Install and Configure Windows, VMware, Virtualization and Cisco on http://www.HowToNetworking.com

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f42cab97-b53d-4454-8094-ec0b36c18dec/failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes-and-now-shuting-down-forever?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello All,

I was referred here by NeonFx from the TechGuy Security forum. He had me run a slew of anti-virus/anti-spyware diagnostics. According to NeonFx my system is currently infection free and he states the problem lies elsewhere.

He also had me run the Windows Update FixIt tool in both Default and Aggressive mode - both of which did not fix the problem. So what is the problem??

PROBLEM:

When I run the install Windows updates, the updates do not install, and I receive the following message (not verbatim, but close):

"Some updates were unable to be installed..."

This problem "came out of no where" and there has been no suspicious activity prior to it starting other than an IE7 redirect rootkit that NeonFx helped me remove (if I recall correctly an infection of agp440)...

Stumped, stumped and stumped...

A:Problem Installing Windows Updates: "Some Updates Were Unable to be Installed"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-windows-updates-some-updates-were-unable-to-be-installed.924046/
Relevancy 73.53%

Here is what is going on I am running a triple boot system and have just completed installing XP all updates and applications Now I am in the midst of getting Vista Ultimate installed but initally was getting a Code error when I installed Office the error disappeared and I was able to update Vista and Office with the exception of these three update which would initally say they were downloaded and installed and then on the reboot configuring after rebooting it would say that these updates were not configured properly and would revert them I have tried to download them earliest to lastest still same problem occuring Have deleted all temp files and cookies still nothing These are the three update that will not configure correctly A software update is available for the Windows Vista installation components A June update is available for the Windows Vista Customer Experience Improvement Program CEIP An October update Not Vista Updates Configuring Correctly is available for the Windows Vista Customer Experience Improvement Program CEIP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-updates-not-configuring-correctly.867440/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Correctly-Important

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

Great information. Thanks for the warning about the updates coming soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/89189-install-updates-correctly-important.html
Relevancy 72.24%

For the past day windows wants to install the same updates over and over I have windows update set to download and let me choose when to install I can't understand why I even need them as I uninstalled net framework Notice how the update at AM KB is the same as one of the updates every for for 7 updates time it checks same updates updates Windows installed at PM Windows 7 updates same for updates every time it checks for updates Windows wants to install the same four kb files again How do I stop this Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date PM Installation status Successful Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date PM Installation status Successful Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date PM Installation status Successful Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date PM Installation status Successful Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date AM Installation status Successful

A:Windows 7 updates same for updates every time it checks for updates

See if you can System Restore to before Net Framework 4 was installed and then Hide it when it is again offered in Updates.

But be aware that some programs will need it and may not prompt you of this leaving you to guess why they are not installing or performing correctly. For this reason I always install it.

So you might want to reinstall it using its standalone installer since it may not have uninstalled correctly anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/235871-windows-7-updates-same-updates-every-time-checks-updates.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am in the process of setting up a batch of new laptops They are Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E models with Win Pro Once I get the machines joined to the domain and install all the necessary software for daily production nothing fancy Office Chrome Cisco VPN and TightVNC I allow the machine to install Windows updates If I simply try to allow all of the updates to install I get the quot Reverting Changes quot message upon reboot However if I manually check the boxes to install or at a time all of the updates seem to install correctly I've read through some similar threads here but have a couple of issues Most of the threads I've read both here and other sites deal with Vista and or are at least years old My machines are right out of the box and have never had Vista installed Most of the threads suggest doing a system repair or restore using the original Windows CD Unfortunately Lenovo is stupid and does batch of Changes" Windows "Reverting after Updates large not provide a standard OS disc so I don't have a quot stock quot Win disc to "Reverting Changes" after large batch of Windows Updates use On the same note I have used the factory restore discs created by Lenovo to restore the systems to the factory defaults and run in to the same problem And finally I just have neither the time nor the inclination to set up every machine twice the initial setup followed by a restore or sit beside a machine and babysit Windows Updates by selecting a fraction of the available updates to install in one sitting Surely someone has discovered a solution to this issue I can't be the only one who has experienced it Thanks in advance for any help and I apologize if my tone is a little coarse I've been fighting this issue every day for a week and am just burnt out

A:"Reverting Changes" after large batch of Windows Updates

This problem drove me nuts.  The Windows Update database is not corrupt in this case and renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder and starting a new one won't amount to a hill of beans with this problem.   Reading through this thread, I am
amazed at the agony this issue is causing. 
The whole thing is a messed up patch from August 2012 that doesn't behave properly.  It was wrong when it came out and Microsoft apparently never did fix it correctly.  Quality control at the world's biggest software company. 

Here is the workaround.
Of that large batch of patches, first pick out KB2647753.  Put that patch in first.  Restart the computer, let it run through its update process, then do the rest.  Your Windows Updates should work fine after that.  That's it.  That's
the whole cure. 
Our friends at Lenovo are officially less than helpful on this problem, but a nice lady on the support line unofficially pointed me to this workaround last month.  But she would or could not tell me why. The official Lenovo answer is, "that question
is beyond the scope of our support and you need to call Microsoft", which of course goes nowhere fast. 

Do a google search for "KB2647753" and you'll see lots of history about this patch.  It has apparently caused lots of grief for lots of admins over the past several months and for the life of me, I don't understand why Microsoft won't fix it. 
Well, at least if anyone else goes looking for the Lenovo Windows Updates that revert, maybe they'll come across this workaround and save some grief.
Check out these links:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/why-wont-kb-2647753-install/aa599ea3-0bd9-4118-8e26-20d6ac4596ee
and
http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r27424108-Solved-KB2647753-Problems-installing-it
and
http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/246552-kb2647753.html
- Greg ScottGreg Scott

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adb53c67-69aa-4d4e-9053-7b749cee66b5/quotreverting-changesquot-after-large-batch-of-windows-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 70.09%

What it says on the tin can.

Basically, my computer refused to update and it keeps trying to revert changes for quite a while.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
I prefer it if the solution was quick and easy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389499-failed-configure-updates-reverting-loop.html
Relevancy 70.09%

What it says on the tin can.

Basically, my computer refused to update and it keeps trying to revert changes for quite a while.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
I prefer it if the solution was quick and easy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389499-failed-configure-updates-reverting-loop.html
Relevancy 70.09%

So I restored my system because I had no other choice from it not booting before and it was working for a day, then when I restarted it said 'installing XX / 93 updates' so I let that run, and when It finally finished, it restarted said 'configuring windows updates XX% complete...' and then it suddenly said "Failed to configure updates. Reverting Changes." and then it looped this by restarting, trying to configure them, and then saying "Failed to configure updates. Reverting Changes." again...

I've got back into safe mode, what should I do to make it update properly again?

P.S Someone suggested toggling "Secure Boot" in the BIOS, is that worth a try?

A:"Failed to configure updates. Reverting Changes." loop!

Hi,
Secure Boot will not fix the problem but you can try it, BTW start in safe mode then run update troubelshooter, and this: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/50077-failed-configure-updates-reverting-changes-loop.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Ok so I have a HP Mini and lately my computer has been acting strange It wont shut down If I try to with shut up Wont down, problem if wake wont URGENT!!! asleep, updates and shut it down it will act like its shutting down then re boot back up If it goes to quot sleep quot Wont shut down, wont wake up if asleep, and problem with updates URGENT!!! the buttons are still lit typically the power button will just flash on and off it wont wake up unless I use the power button Now this all started happening when my computer stopped or failed to update my language packs which took hours to fully finish Only out of the downloaded ok fine so i shut it down to just finish those that were installed Ok so shutting down then the whole quot Dont turn off your computer installing updates quot then it gets stuck at then it goes to a black screen that i think said something like quot initiating updates in outta files quot this took a good hour to finish Then brought me back to the screen then that changed to quot Updates Failed quot and something else then the computer restarted WHAT DO I DO could it possibly be a virus nbsp

A:Wont shut down, wont wake up if asleep, and problem with updates URGENT!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-shut-down-wont-wake-up-if-asleep-and-problem-with-updates-urgent.944681/
Relevancy 69.66%

DDS LOG --------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Natalia at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Disabled Updated 7 infection updates, unknown wont Laptop update, wont take Win auto VC++ CDFD D- CAC- -C FC- ACB B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost Win 7 Laptop wont auto update, wont take VC++ updates, unknown infection exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted c Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Win 7 Laptop wont auto update, wont take VC++ updates, unknown infection Access FAService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf Win 7 Laptop wont auto update, wont take VC++ updates, unknown infection amd neutral afc f cfedd STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card bcmwltry exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Adobe CS Adobe Version Cue CS bin VersionCueCS exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Adobe CS Adobe Version Cue CS data database bin mysqld-nt exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C Windows system Wacom Tablet exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system Wacom Tablet exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe c Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayMon exe C Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayAlert exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Adobe CS Adobe Version Cue CS ControlPanel VersionCueCS Tray exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWWSC exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system werfault exe C Windows ... Read more

A:Win 7 Laptop wont auto update, wont take VC++ updates, unknown infection

ComboFix 12-12-19.02 - Natalia 12/19/2012 14:42:29.1.4 - x64
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7600.0.1252.1.1033.18.4021.2216 [GMT -6:00]
Running from: c:\users\Natalia\Downloads\ComboFix.exe
AV: avast! Antivirus *Enabled/Updated* {2B2D1395-420B-D5C9-657E-930FE358FC3C}
SP: avast! Antivirus *Enabled/Updated* {904CF271-6431-DA47-5FCE-A87D98DFB681}
SP: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! *Disabled/Updated* {61CDFD9D-3CAC-9270-C6FC-52325ACB795B}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
c:\users\Natalia\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\r6eq45qz.default\extensions\{558eed3e-e585-43f2-8973-dd4019c624ed}
c:\users\Natalia\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\r6eq45qz.default\extensions\{558eed3e-e585-43f2-8973-dd4019c624ed}\chrome.manifest
c:\users\Natalia\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\r6eq45qz.default\extensions\{558eed3e-e585-43f2-8973-dd4019c624ed}\chrome\xulcache.jar
c:\users\Natalia\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\r6eq45qz.default\extensions\{558eed3e-e585-43f2-8973-dd4019c624ed}\install.rdf
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2012-11-19 to 2012-12-19 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2012-12-19 20:54 . 2012-12-19 20:54 76232 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\{CD8747B9-8DEE-480A-B392-092AC9F3F66A}\offreg.dll
2012-12-19 20:50 . 2012-12-19 20:50 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Default\AppData\Local\temp
2012-12-19 20:50 . 2012-12-19 20:50 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Natasha\AppData\Local\temp
2012-12-19 20:50 . 2012-12-19 20:50 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Guest\AppData\Local\temp
2012-12-19 20:50 . 2012-12-19 20:50 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Brad.NBB.000\AppData\Local\temp
2012-12-19 20:19 . 2012-12-19 20:19 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\CCleaner
2012-12-19 20:02 . 2012-12-19 20:02 -------- d-----w- c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Skype
2012-12-19 17:30 . 2012-12-19 17:30 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\CheckSur
2012-12-19 16:48 . 2012-11-08 15:24 9125352 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\{CD8747B9-8DEE-480A-B392-092AC9F3F66A}\mpengine.dll
2012-12-18 17:02 . 2012-12-18 17:02 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Package Cache
2012-12-17 19:41 . 2012-11-08 15:24 9125352 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\Backup\mpengine.dll
2012-12-17 19:35 . 2012-12-17 19:35 -------- d-----w- c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Security Client
2012-12-17 19:35 . 2012-12-17 19:36 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Microsoft Security Client
2012-12-17 19:16 . 2012-12-17 19:18 -------- d-----w- c:\program files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware2
2012-12-07 14:04 . 2012-12-07 14:04 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Brad.NBB.000\AppData\Local\ElevatedDiagnostics
2012-12-03 21:18 . 2012-12-18 16:43 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\34BE82C4-E596-4e99-A191-52C6199EBF69
2012-12-03 21:08 . 2012-12-03 21:08 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\boost_interprocess
2012-12-01 23:38 . 2012-08-21 19:01 33240 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2012-11-28 21:58 . 2010-02-20 16:31 67413224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\MRT.exe
2012-11-06 07:20 . 20... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478780/win-7-laptop-wont-auto-update-wont-take-vc-updates-unknown-infection/