Windows Support Forum

crashed email and address book contacts.

Q: crashed email and address book contacts.

My hard drive crashed and I have lost a bunch of email and address book contacts that were and crashed email address contacts. book not backed up I am running Windows Ultimate on a Quad-core machine with G of RAM I am running Microsoft Office and I need to retrieve my email and contacts from Outlook My hard drive is not completely dead I can try to boot from it however it immediately goes into Repair System mode I have tried numerous times to do a System Restore crashed email and address book contacts. but it never succeeds I continually get the message that quot Windows cannot repair this disk automatically quot I have tried crashed email and address book contacts. to boot from the DVD and repair the damaged files but it just goes into the same Repair System mode and I get the same message I also received the following- Problem Signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature quot quot unknown quot quot AutoFailover quot quot NoBootFailure OS Version Locale ID I also ran chkdsk R from the command prompt but it did not fix any boot problems I can however connect the hard drive as a second drive in the unit after installing Windows Ultimate on another hard drive and connect to it and read the data on the drive I have been able to retrieve all of my data files pictures music videos etc except for the Outlook data When I click on Outlook on the damaged drive I get a message about installing the program Of course the program is already installed- I just want to access it and retrieve data How can I retrieve my emails and contact information from Outlook Is there a way to repair the boot files boot ini or Registry to enalbe the hard drive to boot up Windows I am very appreciative of any help I can get

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/303884-crashed-email-address-book-contacts.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: crashed email and address book contacts.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.86%

My hard drive crashed and I have lost a bunch of email and address book contacts that were not backed up I am running Windows Ultimate on a Quad-core machine with G of RAM I am running Microsoft Office and I need to retrieve my email and contacts from Outlook My hard drive is not completely dead email address contacts. and crashed book I can try to boot from it however it immediately goes into Repair System mode I have tried numerous times to do a System Restore but it never succeeds I continually get the message that Windows cannot repair this disk automatically I have tried to boot from the DVD and repair the damaged files but it just goes into the same Repair System mode and I get the same message I also received the following- Problem Signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature unknown AutoFailover NoBootFailure OS Version Locale ID I also ran chkdsk R from the command prompt but crashed email and address book contacts. it did not fix any boot problems I can however connect the hard drive as a second drive in the unit after installing Windows Ultimate on another hard drive and connect to it and read the data on the drive I have been able to retrieve all of my data files pictures music videos etc except for the Outlook data When I click on Outlook on the damaged drive I get a message about installing the program Of course the program is already installed- I just want to access it and retrieve data How can I retrieve my emails and contact information from Outlook Is there a way to repair the boot files boot ini or Registry to enalbe the hard drive to boot up Windows I am very appreciative of any help I can get

A:crashed email and address book contacts.

Hello,I would suggest using a live Linux disk to copy the files containing your Outlook contacts (they are usually .pst files) to a flash drive, then reimport it into Outlook on a healthy machine.Here is how to import contacts into Outlook using .pst files.Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578950/crashed-email-and-address-book-contacts/
Relevancy 103.2%

Hi guys 'Boopme' had me run were was email book Email in hacked-contacts address sent spam my MiniToolBox and he wrote that he found errors and other issues and he bumped me to this thread Norton now seems to be removed and the restart was successful w out a restore This is what I wrote in under the from Am I infected thread Been having problems with my laptop running Vista Home premium svc pack One day a month ago Norton was not updating properly Upon the next boot-up windows Email was hacked-contacts in my address book were sent spam email would not start and I was forced to restart in safe mode with a system restore This was successful but Norton Security Suite was still not updating properly Since then on a few occasions I have attempted to uninstall Norton without success Email was hacked-contacts in my address book were sent spam email thru the program uninstaler Norton is unresponsive I even got the Norton rep to do a remote deletion of all registry files of Norton But they all returned after the reboot of my PC because windows would not open and I had to start-up thru system restore Since then my yahoo email been hacked and spam sent to the contacts of my address book I know I got something but I don't know what Can anyone take a stab at what I might need to do Thanks Brian DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Avira Desktop Enabled Updated F B DE -C B - C F- EFF- C BD D C C SP Avira Desktop Enabled Updated D AAC -E E- B - F- F C DA SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Users Owner Desktop SASCORE EXE C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accoca exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exe C Windows system dlbkcoms exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQLTMS Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPCapSvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accrdsub exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Users Owner AppData Roaming SanDisk SanDiskSecureAccess Manager exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPSched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acsagent exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Users Owner AppData Local Autobahn nexdef exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service v IntuitUpdateService exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Pro... Read more

A:Email was hacked-contacts in my address book were sent spam email

Greetings Brian and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please allow me some time to review the information you have provided and I will reply as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489139/email-was-hacked-contacts-in-my-address-book-were-sent-spam-email/
Relevancy 98.04%

I hope to collect all my friends emails from different address, direct send to one yahoo email address, other texts copy to an draft, then send to a Yahoo email address from a frequently use email address.

I should add some contact to this Yahoo address book by copy?

What words should I include in email subject and content?

Then I can search any contact in this Yahoo email inbox.

And Yahoo can cooperate with Open Office?

Linux, Open Office, Free Yahoo Email Address. These are best applications?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114897/how-to-search-yahoo-email-for-address-book-contacts-with-subject-conent-words/
Relevancy 83.42%

How do I create an Address Book in Windows Mail - in XP this was so easy - click on Addresses, enter details and a Folder List with all entries was created. Sure I can access Contacts - in Properties I click on Work, I enter details, I now have a list but how do I place this list in an Address Book eg. WAB or Microsoft Exchange ? Please Help !

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/181237-address-book-contacts.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Not really a problem, just a query.
In Outlook Express 6 and 7 my list of Contacts was on the same page as my In Box. Is it possible to have it showing with Vista Home Edition?
Thanks,
GEORGE.

A:Address Book/Contacts

The only workaround that I've found for this is to add a contacts "gadget" to your Sidebar. Then clicking on a contact will open the Compose dialog in Windows Mail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174852/address-bookcontacts/
Relevancy 82.56%

after importing address book from OE to WLM between PCs XP to W some names are not matching as it was in the original address book Tried both to is contacts up book WLM messed WAB OE address formats csv and wab import export Some contacts has shifted nick name to the name some contacts had replaced NAME OE address book WAB to WLM contacts is messed up with email address some contacts that were set up like this - Joe and Betty in the first name and Doe in the last name had in WLM contacts word quot and quot replaced with quot amp quot but worst of all in the contact list it was sorted as on the top of the list alphabetically top as amp Joe Betty Doe and then the email address as it looks like it is as the mapping of the Name fist last display name nick name and so on is not matching So after the import it is a HUGE mess and of course impossible to find some one who was easy to find in the old address book WAB I must say not all names contacts were messed up so it makes it even more quot FUN quot So can anyone help to transfer OE address book to the WLM exactly as it was in the OE

A:OE address book WAB to WLM contacts is messed up

Quote: Originally Posted by jardaz

... So can anyone help to transfer OE address book to the WLM exactly as it was in the OE?

It may never be exact. As I remember from switching from WAB/OE to Windows Mail in Vista back in 2007, the WM (new) style displayed the names as last, first after I was used to first last from OE. I believe WLM is closer to WM than OE, but there are some known differences in that not all the detail carried by the older programs is brought to WLM. I would guess your best bet is to use the WAB export/import since it's meant for OE. Then check each contact for errors and get ready to see some info missing and displayed differently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/114547-oe-address-book-wab-wlm-contacts-messed-up.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Can anybody help me. i have a new machine and intend using mozilla thunderbird rather than MS outlook.
Is there a way I can copy contacts from old machine and install in Thunderbird?

A:Outlook address book/contacts

Thunderbird can import messages and contacts from Outlook, that's for sure, but I can't find out what format the data must be in for importing. If you export your "Contacts" folder with Outlook's "Import & Export" tool, that will create a PST file which contains all your contact data.

If Thunderbird can import PST files you're good to go. If it can't, your Outlook "Contacts" folder can instead be exported as a 'Comma Separated Values (Windows)' file (CSV) which can be imported into most popular Windows email clients.

Export both formats at same time and I'm sure one of them will be okay for importing into Thunderbird.
I do know it will import Outlook data (I just checked their website) but I've never actually used it to know which file-types it can import.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-address-book-contacts.981081/
Relevancy 82.56%

I opened my address book up and edited it (adding and deleting anyone I wanted/didn't want). I then closed the address book, and went into outlook and clicked on Contacts. It still shows everything I just deleted, and doesn't show anything new.

I was under the impression the Address Book and Contacts were the same thing. Apprarently not! Anyway, I selected all my contacts, and deleted them. Now my contacts are empty, but my address book is full and what I would like to use. How do I get all those "contacts" from my address book into the Contacts folder within Outlook so when I'm composing an email, I can hit on the New email, then to the TO..(to bring up my contacts)

Relevancy 82.56%

I find that whenever I receive a mail and then reply the Email ID of the person does not get saved and show in the Address Book/Contacts of Outlook. Any ideas?

A:Ms Outlook Address book/contacts

It depends on what version of Microsoft Office you have: Automatically Add Addresses to Outlook Contacts

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/ms-outlook-address-book-contacts-989537.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Outlook 2003 - XP...

I can't figure out why my Address Book and Contacts are different.
I'd like to update my Contacts to be the same as my Address Book, which is where my Outlook goes to address my mail.
I need to export my Contacts to import into my new Mac.
I can't see any way to export the Address book, or even save it to a PAB file, although I must have done it sometime ago when I first set up this system.
I do understand the Contacts is contained as a folder in my PST file.
But where does the Address Book file live and how do I use it to update my Contacts?
Am I crazy?
Thanks,
Ron

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/address-book-vs-contacts-outlook.873786/
Relevancy 82.56%

How can i copy my Conatcts from Microsoft Outlook to my Address Book in Outlook Express? Is one better than the other, i run win98SE, lone user.

cheers
gingerninja

Relevancy 82.56%

I am trying to export my contacts into a website where I will send out emails. I manage to successfully do this but the addresses are not from my address book. My address book says to store in contacts which I have done. But I have no idea where the contacts came from and the names I want in the address book aren't in contacts and didn't move over. What should I do?

Relevancy 81.7%

My Dimension C521 computer was delivered from Dell with Vista installed. Windows
Address Book was listed in the Start Menu with my addresses, so I used this until it disappeared completely after a few months of use. That day I looked for Windows Contacts
and it could not be opened even though it was shown as one of the programs on my computer.

I am not able to find any addresses in either Vista's Contacts or the previously used Address Book.

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viista-contacts-and-windows-address-book.643004/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi

I'm using XP & outlook 2002 sp3.

I have both contacts folder and address book - first question is I'm not sure thats the way its supposed to be?

Main issue is I have different entries in them - some of my contacts are not in address book, and the other way round. Can't really figure out how this came about - but can they be synchronised? Or better, can I get rid of one and have the other do both jobs?

Thanks

Relevancy 81.7%

My operating system is Windows -bit I transferred 2007--Contacts Outlook not in Address Book all of my files from my old computer which Outlook 2007--Contacts not in Address Book ran XP--SP My email client on that computer was Outlook After transferring the files I loaded Outlook onto the new computer and carried out whatever setup instructions I was given The standard toolbar on Outlook has a search box labeled quot Search address books quot On my old computer if I wanted for example to Outlook 2007--Contacts not in Address Book look up a contact s phone number I could search via that box and find the contact On the new computer no name comes up in that box when I search it It s empty To look up a contact I have to go from the Email page to the Contacts page and search in a box labeled quot Search All Contact Items quot All of my contacts are in there actually they re in there twice somehow duplicate contacts folders were made and the search box locates them I do not have a problem with email addresses When I begin to type the name of a contact in the quot To quot box of an email a list of contacts email addresses appears in a drop-down box just as it did on my old computer I want to include all of my contacts in the address book that appears on the Outlook toolbar Can anybody tell me how to do it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

I gave up on Vista and went back to Windows XP OS. I saved the Vista Outlook Express Contact List, but can't import that into XP Outlook Express as an Address Book (a .wab file) I presume that the two use different formats.

Does anyone know how to overcome this problem, so that I can avoid building an XP OE Address list by hand?

Thanks in advance.

A:Getting Vista OE Contacts into XP Address Book format

There is NO Outlook Express in Vista it is "Windows Mail".

You need to export them to a csv type of file from the Windows mail program. Then this file can be imported in to Outlook Express.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-vista-oe-contacts-into-xp-address-book-format.877073/
Relevancy 81.7%

*Can't Import from XP Outlook Express 'Address Book' (wab.exe) to Windows Vista Mail 'Contacts'.

-My XP laptop crashed, but a friend downloaded my harddrive to an ipod and I copied all from there.

-I imported all messages with no problems.

-I tried to follow their Importing procedure, but it doesn't show any address book to transfer from.

-I have activated for hidden files to be viewed, but still they are not showing.

-I also cannot import the address book that I correctly backed up on my external hard drive as a (csv.exe) file. I go well with the importing, but after I press the IMPORT button I get an error message saying..."Error Importing to Windows Contacts".

Are both problems related. Can I kill two birds with one stone and fix them both with one correction (yeh sure!). Please help.

A:Import XP OE Address Book to Vista Contacts

Try moving the file to your desktop and importing from there. Also move the actual file not the .csv, which is called .wab and importing from that from desktop. This can be really tricky.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-xp-oe-address-book-to-vista-contacts.589080/
Relevancy 81.7%

OK I'm confused. I finally managed to import all my contacts from roadrunner and Live to Outlook, but the contacts appear under PEOPLE. How do I get them to the address book so that when I click TO: to send an email the contacts appear?????

A:Outlook contacts vs. address book and people

People in Outlook 2013 is the old Contacts. When you create new email and click To, the list will appear.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/49032-outlook-contacts-vs-address-book-people.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,
I recently got a new computer and transfered all my pst files over to the new outlook. I have all my contacts listed in the contact folder, but for some reason they are not showing up in my address book. I had this problem in the past a little over a year ago, and remember that a friend came and did a simple click..click and mad my contacts visible in the address book, but I can't for the life of me figure out what he did and he is not available to ask. Anyone know how to get my contacts to appear in the address book. I seem to remember him doing something with properties somewhere, but I have searched all over and can't figure it out. Please help, and thank you very much.

Relevancy 81.7%

I have all my contacts including postal address and email addresses stored in outlook 2010 as contacts it syncs to my iPhone and generally it works very well.

But when I want to send an email to one of these contacts I start the new email and go to the outlook address book but then if this is a recent contact that I have not emailed before.

I have to add the email address into the outlook address book as a new contact.

Then outlook asks me if I want to update the person in the contact list, clicking yes adds the email address to the contact list.

But why do I have to add the email address into the address book why does it not retrieve the email address from the contact list

So is it possible to add all my contact emails addresses into the address book without having to do them one by one.

A:What is difference between address book and contacts in outlook

Address Book was actually Windows Address Book that came with WinXP and was used by Outlook Express. Contacts in Outlook could be used to import from WAB. The Contacts in Win7 is located in C:\Users\YourLogin\Contacts appears to be separate from Outlook's Contacts which are stored along with messages, settings, etc., in Outlook's .pst file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/363002-what-difference-between-address-book-contacts-outlook.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I recently moved by Outlook pst file from my desktop to a laptop since we ll be on the road the rest of this year Never mind all the dumb things I did but as of now my Contacts are accessible only by clicking the quot contacts quot bar down below the quot mail quot bar and a couple of others on the left half of the Outlook window If I click the little book icon up at the top Outlook complains that it can t open the Contacts folder then gives me a chance to select another folder from a drop-down list that says Address book Contacts Contacts Contacts None of these work They all either can t be opened or contain no information So My Question IS If every Outlook Contacts lost Book Address contacts folder Outlook can list is either gone or empty where are the contacts which show up by pressing the Contacts bar actually located And how do I put them into the Address Book so that when I type in the first few letters of a contact in the quot To quot box it will give me the chance to accept what it pulls up And how do I find out where the empty missing Contacts folders are and get them the hell off the drop-down list Thanx in advance al nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

I have worked diligently to import outlook .pst file/s to a new Outlook installation (Outlook 2003 on Windows 7). All contacts, emails and folders are shown correctly.

However, when I am in the inbox and click on "New" to create a new email message, then click on "To" to select the intended recipient, no contact list appears???

Does anyone know how to configure this correctly?

Thank you in advance,

Bruce Weigman

Relevancy 81.7%

I sync Outlook with a Tungsten E. My Address Book is completely empty, even though it seems to be looking in the right area of Contacts. What to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-address-book-link-with-contacts.330502/
Relevancy 81.7%

Re: Outlook 2003 not Outlook Express
Operating System: Windows XP

How do I save my Outlook Address Book (all Contacts) so I can take it from one computer (my desktop) and install it in another computer (my laptop)?

Have you ever actually done this yourself? The reason I ask is because the standard Microsoft Help and Support steps are not right.

Once again, I use Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express.

Thank you very much for your help...

BridgeTender
[email protected]

A:Outlook 2003 Address Book (Contacts)

BridgeTender said:

Have you ever actually done this yourself? The reason I ask is because the standard Microsoft Help and Support steps are not right.]Click to expand...

What steps did you try then? No point in giving you a method if you have tried it and failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-address-book-contacts.824839/
Relevancy 81.7%

Why can I not sync my Global Address Book? When I add info via active directory, it updates in the GAB, not in the contact list, and the contact list is what shows on the phone....and is what we need to update as we add info!!!!! Why isn't this possible? That isn't "syncing" that is just refreshing what is already there! We have around 500 employees, and having to log into each of there emails and add new contacts manually is NOT ok.

How do I sync my droid with exchange's GAB? Like I said, I can copy all of the GAB to contacts, but that doesn't do anything? It doesn't update in there when you add or change information....Pleas, please, please, tell me I am crazy and just missing one little thing, because if not, this exchange is worthless.

A:How to sync Global address book with Contacts?

Is this something that is really that hard? I usually get a lot more of a response in these forums.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/37170-how-sync-global-address-book-contacts.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello, Will someone please help! My computer HP Pavalion Desktop Windows Vista Home Premuim. Is messed up I have been scanning for infections and backing my music, my documents, pictures etc. to Disks. Can't figure out how to back up addrees book so I don't have to put all my contacts in manually is there a way. Please Help! Thank You very much. I'm going to Recover to Manufacture I have the disks! With hopes of getting rid of my pc's issues.

A:Outlook 2007 Contacts Address Book!

You need to use the Import/Export command within Outlook to back up your PST's.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349132/outlook-2007-contacts-address-book/
Relevancy 81.7%
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

thanks so much for this service - I have gone through the forums and I know this is a commom question but I can't find the answer thanks for your support with this service.

Outllook 2007

I want to make distribution lists for my contacts.

I go to file new distribution list within a group of contacts and can make and save the distribion list

I open the distribution list and select members.

In address book the contacts do not appear ?

Why thanks for this service

DJ

A:Outlook 2007 address book does not see contacts

Hi Donjar,
It sounds like your contacts folder is not listed as an Outlook Address Book. Right-click your contacts folder and go to Properties and then the Outlook Address Book tab. Check the box for "show this folder as an email address book". Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-address-book-does-not-see-contacts.1035878/
Relevancy 80.84%

Old system XP Pro migrated to a new Vista laptop with Outlook The address book in OL should be the contacts folder contacts migrated fine However following all the instuctions from multiple places these things still occur No OL address book drops down in location where it says to mark contacts as the address folder--it is grayed out and will not Not Vista Contacts as Address Book Outlook 07 Showing let me set it as the OL address book shows that Contacts Not Showing as Address Book Vista Outlook 07 OL address and Mobile address are already present when I try to set up a new address book although they don t show up in OL anywhere I cannot get the contacts to show as the address book indeed it won t even recognize there is an address book From research moving OL to OL in Vista is a bear How can I get an address book to show in the drop down in OL and how can I get the contacts folder to show up in the dropdown as the OL address file Tried all of the help tips and nothing is working nor is published online resource help Can you tell me what to try next Frustrated nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

Hello,Today I decided to send another letter to the boss with the report, and did not find it does not contact any other, only yesterday were all the contacts in your address book, and today if evaporated.Maybe someone knows how to get contacts?

A:Address Book contacts in Outlook 2007 evaporated

Restore contacts from your Outlook backup file (PST file). You do make backups don't you?

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/address-book-contacts-in-outlook-2007-evaporated/20176.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Old system XP Pro migrated to a new Address Book Not Vista Contacts Showing Outlook 07 as Vista laptop with Outlook The address book in OL should be the contacts folder contacts migrated fine However following all the instuctions from multiple places Contacts Not Showing as Address Book Vista Outlook 07 these things still occur No OL address book drops down in location where it says to mark contacts as the address folder--it is grayed out and will not let me set it as the OL address book shows that OL address and Mobile address are already present when I try to set up a new address book although they don t show up in OL anywhere I cannot get the contacts to show as the address book indeed it won t even recognize there is an address book From research moving OL to OL in Vista is a bear How can I get an address book to show in the drop down in OL and how can I get the contacts folder to show up in the dropdown as the OL address file Tried all of the help tips and nothing is working nor is published online resource help Can you tell me what to try next Frustrated nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

This is a story of two computers The old one is a Dell and the replacement is an HP also old - but works fine My Dell desktop quit working recently Discussions on a hardware forum indicated possible motherboard failure The Dell had two hard drives The C Drive with the OS Win and Office email with Outlook and the D Drive with all my personal files To make sure I preserved the Book 2010 Address my lost Contacts and Outlook hard drives I obtained an adapter took the hard drives out read them both with my laptop so both drives are fine I located a used HP desktop from which its hard drive had been removed I hooked up my D Drive to the HP and installed Windows and Office All of my personal files remained intact I set up Outlook which automatically found my two email accounts but my address book and contacts list did Outlook 2010 lost my Address Book and Contacts not appear I still have my Dell's C Drive hooked to my laptop The C Drive from my old Dell Outlook 2010 lost my Address Book and Contacts still has the Windows OS and Office I've located two places on the C Drive that appear to have Outlook files Users - Me - AppData - Local - Microsoft - Outlook Users - Me - AppData - Roaming - Microsoft - Outlook I don't know how to read those files I Outlook 2010 lost my Address Book and Contacts don't know if my address book and contents are in there and if they are I have no idea how to retrieve them Even if they aren't in those folders they've got to be somewhere on the drive that has the OS and Office What do I do next Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621011/outlook-2010-lost-my-address-book-and-contacts/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have about 4000 entried in my personal address book (.pab). I need to get all of these from there to my "Contacts" within outlook 2002.

The reason for this is so when I sync my handheld, it will get those contacts also. It wont pick them up from the address book. Any ideas how I can move these entried in my address book so that they appear in the Contacts of Outlook 2002?

A:moving address book entries to outlook contacts

Instructions for importing a pab (Personal Address Book) into Outlook 2002's contacts can be found on this page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-address-book-entries-to-outlook-contacts.172380/
Relevancy 80.84%

Where in Windows 7 are these?

My program is not opening so I need to find and backup all the data (esp the address book) before I format the drive .

Anyone got an idea as to where they are located?

thanks

A:Windows Live Mail Address Book (Contacts)

Quote: Originally Posted by geordief

Where in Windows 7 are these?

My program is not opening so I need to find and backup all the data (esp the address book) before I format the drive .

Anyone got an idea as to where they are located?

thanks

1. Need to " un-hide " operating system files " and also " show hidden files "......

Start > search box, type folder options > Enter > View tab at top > ....
put a blue radio dot at " Show hidden files, folders and drives ", and
un-check " Hide protected operaring system files " > OK

2. Here is where you will find WLM contacts
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\{ a string of letters and numbers }\DBStore
Inside the DBStore there is the Contacts.edb. \that's where you contacts are.

One problem I have : I can't open the contacts.edb. I used Adobe Reader, Internet Explorer, Notepad, Wordpad.... none are able to open it.

3. For WLM messages
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/175264-windows-live-mail-address-book-contacts.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my Outlook Address book not displaying some of my contacts.

The setup is this:

Within Public Folders, All Public Folders I have 'My Folder' and a section for Contacts.

With Contacts I did go to properties -> Outlook Address Book tab -> and checked 'Show my folder as an e-mail address book'

However not all of the contacts correlate with this folder. I've named the address book 'My Folder contacts' to make sure I was looking at the right folder.

I did check several entries that were not appearing and made sure that in the field: "File As" that it was filed as Last Name, First Name. But still it did not show up in the email address book.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JFresh

Within the contacts entries I have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-outlook-2k3-contacts-folders-and-address-book.345361/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Everyone

I'm using Office 2007, and have just transferred my data to a new computer.
When I come to address an email however, the address list is empty, although my contact lists are showing within 'Conacts'.

If I go to Contacts Properties 'Contacts' is grayed out under 'Name of the address book', and I cannot tick the box 'Show this folder as an e-mail address book'.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can reslove this please?

Relevancy 80.84%

At work I use Office 2007 and Outlook is our e-mail client. I have many names in my address book but I want to be able to have a certain group of people that I can send mail to with a click of the "To" button. The help file is not very helpful at all.

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,
I have been using Outlook 2007 for some time (contents were entered manually on new laptop and not transferred from old system) the address book and Contacts worked perfectly for a while then all of a sudden the address book went blank. Contacts are still OK.

I have looked through various threads but to no avail.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-contacts-ok-but-address-book-suddenly-disappeared.769230/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi Everyone

I'm using Office 2007, and have just transferred my data to a new computer.
When I come to address an email however, the address list is empty, although my contact lists are showing within 'Conacts'.

If I go to Contacts Properties 'Contacts' is grayed out under 'Name of the address book', and I cannot tick the box 'Show this folder as an e-mail address book'.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can reslove this please?

A:You are subscribed to this thread Outlook contacts not showing up in address book

I'm curious as to why you've prefaced the title of your thread with: "You are subscribed to this thread"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/you-are-subscribed-to-this-thread-outlook-contacts-not-showing-up-in-address-book.1033837/
Relevancy 79.55%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v in through book. Log address spam help email to my every Virus sending address Help. Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Help. Virus sending spam through my email to every address in address book. Log help system svchost exe C WINDOWS System Help. Virus sending spam through my email to every address in address book. Log help svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp Help. Virus sending spam through my email to every address in address book. Log help exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt exe C Program Files Lightspeed Systems SecurityAgent satray exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C program files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard IAM bin asghost exe C Program Files Lightspeed Systems SecurityAgent SecurityAgent exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system rpcnet exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Lightspeed Systems SecurityAgent SAAlert exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C program files trend micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www azusausd k ca us R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools - DF F DB- C - D - -B D EC - C Program Files Hewlett-Packard IAM Bin ItIEAddIn dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run MsmqIntCert regsvr s mqrt dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run PDF Complete quot C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe quot O - HKLM Run PTHOSTTR C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXE Start O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C W... Read more

A:Help. Virus sending spam through my email to every address in address book. Log help

Hello and welcome to TSF

Please follow the instruction outlined in our sticky entitled http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

If there is no response to this post within 72hrs, this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-virus-sending-spam-through-my-email-to-every-address-in-address-book-log-help-307967.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a high school reunion coming up. I want to gather all the information, mostly email addresses, first and last names. Other information, phone numbers addresses and maybe some notes might be nice to have, but what i am really wondering is what program shoud I use? what is the best to use? I have to distribute it to all the students in my 93 class.

can anyone help with what program i need to learn/use. several different suggestions from differing people are great.

thanks

A:Whats the best program for making an address book of my highschool contacts for distr

What software do you have?

Access?

Free download:
www.theofficeexperts.com/downloads.htm

MyAddiesBook.

Then, while your classmates may not have Access or even Office, you could export the table to a CSV file or RTF...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-the-best-program-for-making-an-address-book-of-my-highschool-contacts-for-distr.119981/
Relevancy 79.12%

Missing functionallity in 'Windows Mail' Contacts that was in Outlook Express 'address book'

I've just moved over from XP with Outlook Express 6 to Vista Ultimate using Windows Mail.
I've migrated my old XP Address Book into Windows Mail Contacts and my 50+ Contact Groups (my mailout lists) are visible BUT when I browse an individual contact there is no field that tells me which of my Contact Groups this person is in? In Address Book there was a field there.
I need this info for maintaining my mailout list. At the moment I can't tell if a person's email address is already on my mail out list unless I check each of the 50+ Contact Groups individually which can't be right!!!
Am I missing something - is this info there somewhere?
Thx
pc

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/261586-missing-functionallity-windows-mail-contacts-outlook-address-book.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone....

Am TRYING to copy my Outlook 2003 contact list, but have had NO LUCK finding it. Where is it and can I copy/paste it to my back-up files??

Have done search on my machine for "Address book" and "Contacts"....no luck. This is OUTLOOK.....NOT Outlook Express.

Thanks in advance.......

A:Outlook 2003 Address book or contacts...how to copy to a back-up disc?

Use file-> Import and Export

A handy guide here: http://www.wcu.edu/it/edtech/handouts/ExportContactsfromOutlook2003.pdf
Kevin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-address-book-or-contacts-how-to-copy-to-a-back-up-disc.983435/
Relevancy 79.12%

days ago I moved from Book contacts Win7 PC new moving in Outlook to Address 2007 after show won't an XP machine to a new Win machine Outlook 2007 contacts won't show in Address Book after moving to new Win7 PC using Win Easy Transfer I re-installed my Office and all my emails and Contacts showed up in Outlook but I cannot select the check box that says Show Contacts in Address Book because it is greyed out In researching this issue in the MS forums there was consensus that WET screws up the Outlook transfers At the suggestion of other folks I have tried copying the original PST file directly copying it and importing into the new Outlook created a new profile and directed it to the original PST file and removed the OAB service from my profile and re-installed it None of this has worked to fix this problem the checkbox in the properties folder for each Contact folder is still greyed out I have been struggling for the last days to find an answer to this problem and at this point I am contemplating uninstalling and re-installing Office after saving the current PST file with my new incoming emails and then bringing a copy of the quot old quot PST into the new Outlook data location and creating a new profile again If it works properly then I will migrate to the new profile Then I can delete the quot new quot re-installed profile Since this is a LOT of work I would appreciate hints tips or actual solutions to this before I wipe out Office on my new machine nbsp

A:Outlook 2007 contacts won't show in Address Book after moving to new Win7 PC

have you tried using export and import instead
http://www.ucalgary.ca/it/help/articles/email/clients/outlook07/impexp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-contacts-wont-show-in-address-book-after-moving-to-new-win7-pc.1123985/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello I am running Windows Outlook Our hard drive heated up very dusty and after that I was unable to access my In Box indicates unread messages in my Personal Folders When I click 2000 Unable to Outlook Folder/Contacts Book Address not Display in on the In Box the error is quot Unable to display the folder quot Within that set of Personal Folders I can access deleted files Drafts and other subfolders I tried Detect and Repair I tried downloading service pack Also my address book disappeared I was able to find Contacts and print a hard copy of email addresses but Import Export is greyed out My calendar with standing appointments is gone I may have made the problem worse by moving around subfolders between quot Outlook Today Archive Folders quot and Personal Folders I also have since Outlook 2000 Unable to Display Folder/Contacts not in Address Book received more email and so now I do not trust my archive pst or outlook pst to be the best copy Any ideas Salvagable I am thinking of going to Windows and buying Outlook and rebuilding my address book and cutting my losses with email Recommendations Thank you N nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Welcome

Go to live mail, >contacts (bottom left). Then on the top file>import, export. Export it (transfer) to a finger drive or medium of your choice.

A:Where is Windows Live Mail address book (contacts) folder located?

From what I was able to find, they are located in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\{b5f3929f-ba60-4632-ad4e-b602b1c8e007}\DBStore

There is a contacts.edb file in there. So I would say richc46's answer will be best. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/89411-where-windows-live-mail-address-book-contacts-folder-located.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,
I've a Windows 7 contacts folder located here: C:\Users\Richard\Contacts
But it is not the same as my Live Mail address book.

My Live Mail Address book has new contacts in it.

1) How do I update the Windows 7 contacts folder?

2) And what is the point of the Windows 7 contacts folder if it doesn't stay in sync with the Live Mail address book?

Regards Richard

A:Windows 7 Contacts Folder and Live Mail Address Book Not in Sync?

The Contacts folder is left over from Window Vista and if you were to go to the trouble of "reinstating" Windows Mail (the previous mail version that came only with Vista) then it would use the Contacts folder. If you have downloaded and installed WLM (a component of Windows Live Essentials) it has its own contacts database within the <user>/appdata folder tree. You can access this database only through the WLM program (and the website contacts.live.com if you sign-in since that site mirrors your "signed-in" contacts list). If you don't sign-in then you are viewing your "not-signed-in" contacts list in WLM which is also located in the appdata folder tree. If you have placed any contacts in the old Username/Contacts folder, you can import them into WLM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/140049-windows-7-contacts-folder-live-mail-address-book-not-sync.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My Great-Uncle has Windows 98se. He uses the newest Netscape and recently clean out his inbox using the Netscape email program. For one reason or another he had un-installed the email client and now he doesn't have any access to his emails or address book. I know nothing about Netscape because I haven't used it in like, years.

Is there anyway to obtain the emails or the address book from the Netscape email application after it is un-installed?

Thanks.

A:Netscape Email program uninstalled... need old email and address book.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netscape-email-program-uninstalled-need-old-email-and-address-book.311909/
Relevancy 77.4%

I m using windows live mail with or email addresses the anomaly first occurred in April and now has happened twice yesterday and once address book to from sending someone address my my email this morning this time they are selecting about addresses at a someone sending email to my address book from my address time Nothing appears in my sent mail one of the emails came to me since i m in my own address book the following is the email X-Apparently-To email protected via Fri Jul - X-YahooFilteredBulk Received-SPF pass mta mail ac yahoo com domain of email protected designates as permitted sender X-YMailISG KnbfCMgcZAoXDidODNJxOCs Dp cTyBQNqil F vflMa tR Bu rQqJM jCcTqe YS Ano RvUH YkLM zai D UHiCMyUYXZIaDPGRgLt glUAXiNcF pdI ngShVahqgp wDOINQtGIDRz Ie MvnxdHa k elqgzNk oOONHnEnZhYWC jql JqjR GAEbdH e y l QOoEACeo qAkASwI hF dChu ZQi rU UeV XVdg y aQmMyX f zu VrsdlfeUmmke RoZskqC yBrIIlakxzVCKJwHhfSOosQlaxJKBBYR cnFq p tGXGvQMcTor V T f n OtVb wGQffDCguEyxI cSVKC YNYrUG GKw gri yre jhX LzhnwnHEpj rNzh U NeEEm vE L dbie V WuFHD NhnNIOPzPtdhmZPuC YZNPpM obN y PHAjU f NY Wi rVElwrjH PPbZMM dp LhtWA r aOy iYfu WtlW QPpuHdiT dxp ondUYa oGCHuOf B ob Nj J BfQV LdNIJDDIVv X-Originating-IP Authentication-Results mta mail ac yahoo com from hotmail com domainkeys neutral no sig from hotmail com dkim neutral no sig Received from EHLO col -omc -s col hotmail com by mta mail ac yahoo com with SMTP Fri Jul - Received from COL -W by col -omc -s col hotmail someone sending email to my address book from my address com with Microsoft SMTPSVC Fri Jul - Message-ID lt email protected gt X-Originating-IP From Dick Kautzmann lt email protected gt To email protected Subject Date Fri Jul Importance Normal MIME-Version X-OriginalArrivalTime Jul UTC FILETIME B C CB EC X-Antivirus AVG for E-mail Content-Type multipart mixed boundary quot AVGMAIL- B A quot nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

I have an att.net email account which is now serviced by Yahoo. Today a spam message originated from my account and was sent to everyone on my contacts list. "xmas" was in the subject line and the content was a web address which opens to a website apparently selling medications from Canada. Webroot antivirus has not detected any virus or malware on my computer. What should I do? Do I need to close the att.net email account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/contacts-from-my-email-account-were-spammed-using-my-email-address.969897/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi everyone A few days ago I got a mailerdamon failure notice I looked and it was a link sent out to a bunch of my contacts I ve changed my password about times and it just happened again today I m changing my password from another computer my sent my being from address to email all email virus out contacts btw When I look in my sent folder it doesn t have the virus email as virus email being sent out from my email address to all my contacts one that s been sent I just downloaded Avira Antivirus and it says its blocking a virus email being sent out from my email address to all my contacts site from connecting to my computer it scanned and found two GEN pwd zip virus and quarantined them I m also getting a DEP error on IE when I try to get on the net Worth noting the past few days I was on another forum do to my computer trying to connect to quot pinball corp quot I was using malwarebytes at that time which I ve since uninstalled because Avira says it might conflict with it We went through all the malware removal procedures and when I tried to run TFC exe my computer froze So I hardbooted it When it came back on I couldn t run any programs and my wireless network driver was uninstalled I was able to delete a lot of programs from my startup folder that I wasn t using and when I restarted I could run programs again Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-email-being-sent-out-from-my-email-address-to-all-my-contacts.1095378/
Relevancy 74.82%

I got several comments from people in my address book asking if I mean to send them an email. the only thing it had in the body of the message was this:

http://jnnquxadhknruxa.ru.gg

What is your take on this? I have AVG and it's found no viruses. What else can I do do investigate this?
Thanks!

Relevancy 74.82%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Sempron tm book Email address Someone my using Processor LE- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway MCP SM MA FAB WYSV Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Have Norton Premier and periodically run Malwarebites Norton Power Eraser and AVG but periodically someone is sending out Emails under my name to people in my address book Sexual orientation marketing etc Hijack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System Someone using my Email address book svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Spare Backup SpareBackup exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMStatus exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWare exe C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorService exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWareBackgroundService exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles msn exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine buVss exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorEngine exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SBCONVERT - B F D- BC - B-B D - EAB B FC B - C Program Files SpeedBit Video Downlo... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/someone-using-my-email-address-book.970403/
Relevancy 74.82%

It appears that my address book was 'hacked" last night. Emails were sent from my address to all of the contacts on the list. The email had no subject and simply included a link. I have alerted the entire contact list and suggested they not click on the link and delete the message. Many have responded with thanks.

Thus far I have run a Norton scan with only five cookies detected and no viruses. I have also downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-malware and run both a quick scan and a full scan. No issues were found. What should be my next step?

A:Email Address Book

Hello babeaz

Change your Email password.

Are you on a router and are other machines on it to?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406240/email-address-book/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello nbsp A few friends have told me today they ve gotten emails apparently from me but with strange links Clearly someone has raided my address book Interestingly one friend received an email with a link to a thai website that as I found through a Google search relates to hijacked Email book address someone calling himself Mr Email address book hijacked KeyBoard Hacker Anyway Email address book hijacked I have run a few clean up tools and have started changing important passwords Email address book hijacked but I would like to be sure I have removed whatever software might be tracking my keyboard activity so that I can be sure I won t need to change all the passwords again so soon I ll post the logs for the scans I ve already run Could someone tell me if I need to do more nbsp Thanks very much in advance To start with hear is the AdwCleaner log AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Home Premium Service Pack x Username Teresa - TERESA-HP Running from C Users Teresa Downloads adwcleaner exe Option Cleaning Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders - Folder Deleted C Program Files x Probit Software - Folder Deleted C Program Files x myfree codec - Folder Deleted C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs CodecC - Folder Deleted C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Probit Software - Folder Deleted C Users Clara AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions ekdjfcdinekpfcedakhpngcnaamhiihn Folder Not Deleted C Users Clara AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions ekdjfcdinekpfcedakhpngcnaamhiihn - Folder Deleted C Users Clara AppData LocalLow CodecC - Folder Deleted C Users Clara AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles h ubxaw default Extensions staged a bff ba- d - c- c-ad bc f Folder Not Deleted C Users Clara AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles h ubxaw default Extensions staged a bff ba- d - c- c-ad bc f - Folder Deleted C Users Marius AppData LocalLow CodecC - Folder Deleted C Users Marius AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles fa zg default Extensions staged a bff ba- d - c- c-ad bc f Folder Not Deleted C Users Marius AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles fa zg default Extensions staged a bff ba- d - c- c-ad bc f - Folder Deleted C Users Teresa AppData Roaming DigitalSites Files - File Deleted C Users Clara AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Local Storage chrome-extension ekdjfcdinekpfcedakhpngcnaamhiihn localstorage - File Deleted C Users Clara AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Local Storage chrome-extension ekdjfcdinekpfcedakhpngcnaamhiihn localstorage-journal - File Deleted C Users Clara AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Local Storage chrome-extension ekdjfcdinekpfcedakhpngcnaamhiihn localstorage - File Deleted C Users Clara AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Local Storage chrome-extension ekdjfcdinekpfcedakhpngcnaamhiihn localstorage-journal - File Deleted C Users Clara AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles h ubxaw default searchplugins Vosteran xml - File Deleted C Users Clara AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles h ubxaw default searchplugins Vosteran xml - File Deleted C Users Clara AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles h ubxaw default searchplugins Vosteran xml - File Deleted C Users Clara AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles h ubxaw default user js - File Deleted C Users Clara AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles h ubxaw default user js - File Deleted C Users Clara AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles h ubxaw default user js - File Deleted C Users Marius AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles fa zg default searchplugins Vosteran xml - File Deleted C Users Marius AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles fa zg default searchplugins Vosteran xml - File Deleted C Users Marius AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles fa zg default searchplugins Vosteran xml - File Deleted C Users Marius AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles fa... Read more

A:Email address book hijacked

Here is the Malwarebytes log:Malwarebytes Anti-Malwarewww.malwarebytes.orgScan Date: 11/11/2015Scan Time: 18:44Logfile: MAM.txtAdministrator: YesVersion: 2.2.0.1024Malware Database: v2015.11.11.05Rootkit Database: v2015.11.04.02License: TrialMalware Protection: EnabledMalicious Website Protection: EnabledSelf-protection: DisabledOS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1CPU: x64File System: NTFSUser: TeresaScan Type: Threat ScanResult: CompletedObjects Scanned: 453984Time Elapsed: 46 min, 13 secMemory: EnabledStartup: EnabledFilesystem: EnabledArchives: EnabledRootkits: DisabledHeuristics: EnabledPUP: EnabledPUM: EnabledProcesses: 0(No malicious items detected)Modules: 0(No malicious items detected)Registry Keys: 9PUP.Optional.MediaBar, HKU\S-1-5-21-3339506287-1119840997-285041404-1003\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\EXT\SETTINGS\{C2D64FF7-0AB8-4263-89C9-EA3B0F8F050C}, Quarantined, [ba0724586f1c49ed9e085bd52cd67987], PUP.Optional.MediaBar, HKU\S-1-5-21-3339506287-1119840997-285041404-1003\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\EXT\STATS\{C2D64FF7-0AB8-4263-89C9-EA3B0F8F050C}, Quarantined, [ba0724586f1c49ed9e085bd52cd67987], PUP.Optional.Vosteran, HKLM\SOFTWARE\GOOGLE\CHROME\EXTENSIONS\oilkkkefbalmbfppgjmgjoefbclebkce, Quarantined, [734e4c30fa9176c0acd09affe023a759], PUP.Optional.Vosteran, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\SEARCHSCOPES\{0633EE93-D776-472F-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}, Quarantined, [ba07413bff8cda5cf28bdbbef112e41c], PUP.Optional.Bandoo, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\LOW RIGHTS\ELEVATIONPOLICY\{94894B1E-941A-4BC7-806A-ED039BCEB43B}, Quarantined, [5071720ab5d6c37346b2ee6e6e950ff1], PUP.Optional.SearchResults, HKU\S-1-5-21-3339506287-1119840997-285041404-1002\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\SEARCHSCOPES\{9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD22}, Quarantined, [19a834488cff37ff6564b0dcf50efc04], PUP.Optional.EasyDriverPro, HKU\S-1-5-21-3339506287-1119840997-285041404-1002\SOFTWARE\PROBIT SOFTWARE\Easy Driver Pro, Quarantined, [20a1710be2a91224b3369dcfc043ab55], PUP.Optional.SearchResults, HKU\S-1-5-21-3339506287-1119840997-285041404-1003\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\SEARCHSCOPES\{9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD22}, Quarantined, [a31e83f9eaa19a9c4d7c97f5669dfb05], PUP.Optional.EasyDriverPro, HKU\S-1-5-21-3339506287-1119840997-285041404-1003\SOFTWARE\PROBIT SOFTWARE\Easy Driver Pro, Quarantined, [e3de0775fa9188ae9b4ebcb071929a66], Registry Values: 10PUP.Optional.Vosteran, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\SEARCHSCOPES\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}|URL, http://Vosteran.com/results.php?f=4&q={searchTerms}&a=vst_ggfc_14_49_ch&cd=2XzuyEtN2Y1L1QzutB0CtByB0DyBtBzyyE0FzytA0DyB0ByBtN0D0Tzu0StCtDyCzztN1L2XzutAtFyCtFtCtDtFtCtDtN1L1CzutCyEtBzytDyD1V1BtN1L1G1B1V1N2Y1L1Qzu2StByCzy0C0F0EtDyCtG0BzzzzzztG0A0BzyzytGzyyBtC0AtGyCzy0AtAtD0ByCyEyE0AyC0E2QtN1M1F1B2Z1V1N2Y1L1Qzu2StA0C0B0CyC0AyByBtGyE0BtDtDtGyEtB0AtBtGzytCyCtCtGtBtDtAtD0EyD0AyCyB0ByEyC2Q&cr=1114098882&ir=, Quarantined, [ba07413bff8cda5cf28bdbbef112e41c]PUP.Optional.Vosteran, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\SEARCHSCOPES\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}|TopResultURLFallback, http://Vosteran.com/results.php?f=4&q={searchTerms}&a=vst_ggfc_14_49_ch&cd=2XzuyEtN2Y1L1QzutB0CtByB0DyBtBzyyE0FzytA0DyB0ByBtN0D0Tzu0StCtDyCzztN1L2XzutAtFyCtFtCtDtFtCtDtN1L1CzutCyEtBzytDyD1V1BtN1L1G1B1V1N2Y1L1Qzu2StByCzy0C0F0EtDyCtG0BzzzzzztG0A0BzyzytGzyyBtC0AtGyCzy0AtAtD0ByCyEyE0AyC0E2QtN1M1F1B2Z1V1N2Y1L1Qzu2StA0C0B0CyC0AyByBtGyE0BtDtDtGyEtB0AtBtGzytCyCtCtGtBtDtAtD0EyD0AyCyB0ByEyC2Q&cr=1114098882&ir=, Quarantined, [942df785dbb03006e5989ffab84b946c]PUP.Optional.Vosteran, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\SEARCHSCOPES\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}|FaviconPath, C:\Program Files (x86)\WSE_Vosteran\\FavIcon.ico, Quarantined, [be038def236880b64c31544510f30cf4]PUP.Optional.Vosteran, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\SEARCHSCOPES\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}, Vosteran, Quarantin... Read more

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,152953.0.html
Relevancy 73.96%

ProblemYAHOO address book pops "up" beneath the current window, when I click on "To:", while writing mail. I then have to click on its icon on the bottom bar to use it.BackgroundI've been using YAHOO for years. The address book has always popped up on top -- which makes perfect sense. The only reason to call it is to use it. Of course, you have to see it to use it.I just switched to IE 7 and have had trouble getting my pop-up management back where it should be. I reset settings in Pop-up Blocker (yes, I found that) ... then thought my google bar installation (also blocks pop-ups) might have been screwed up when IE 7 was installed (I didn't have to reinstall Google tool bar).But well .... kind of looks like maybe rebooting after resetting Pop-up Blocker did the trick for many of my problems; Right now except for one that I know of.

A:Yahoo Email Address Book Ie 7

I'm pretty sure that this is one of those things that is really easy if you know what the trick is. I think I fixed it once before, a few years ago. I simply set something somewhere or something. But I don't remember exactly.

I remember finding the answer using a google search. I got lucky and found it on the first page. All attempts to do the same thing this time have failed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67864/yahoo-email-address-book-ie-7/
Relevancy 73.96%
Relevancy 73.96%

I have two computers one with XP and the other with Windows 7 and run Explorer 8 on both and have this same problem with both and I login with administrator rights. I?m almost sure that it is an Explorer setting problem that changed due to Microsoft updates in the last month or so, I didn?t have this problem previously.

I use gmail as my email service and when I "compose a message" and click the to: link it does not open my contact list (address book). If I go to Explorer/tools/internet options/advanced/reset and reset to Explorer defaults and then restart Explorer my contact list will then open. The problem is solved until the PC?s are shut down and then powered on again the next day and have to go through the same process again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/email-address-book-problem-572498.html
Relevancy 73.96%

This is very embarassing, as it's an ad for "male" pills and some of these people are older family members that don't understand how this can happen. I understand the spoofing and using my email address to cover up the real address, but how do they get all my email contacts? Will this happen again? Is there anything I can do about it?

Relevancy 73.96%

Ran several malware programs but problem still there FRST exe log files attached Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Owner administrator on OWNER-PC - - Running from C Users Owner DesktopLoaded Profiles Owner Available Profiles Owner Platform Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted address my from getting email Contacts spammed If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SLsvc exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Realtek Semiconductor C Windows RtHDVCpl exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Cisco WebEx LLC C Contacts getting spammed from my email address Windows System atashost exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Contacts getting spammed from my email address Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Contacts getting spammed from my email address VS DEBUG MDM EXE Murray Hurps Software Pty Ltd C Program Files Ad Muncher AdMunch exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows ehome ehtray exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows ehome ehmsas exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqste exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wuauclt exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System msiexec exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System conime exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Windows RtHDVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier gt C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe - - Apple Inc HKLM Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup gt C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe - - Macrovision Corporation HKLM Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM Run Ad Muncher gt C Program Files Ad Muncher AdMunch exe - - Murray Hurps Software Pty Ltd HKLM RunOnce delete privazer uninstaller at next PC boot gt cmd c rmdir q s C Users Owner AppData Local Temp Pri lt ATTENTIONWinlogon Notify SASWinLogon C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO DLL - - SUPERAntiSpyware com HKLM Policies Explorer NoCDBurning HKU S- - - - - - - Run ehTray exe gt C Windows ehome ehTray exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU S- - - - - - - Run WMPNSCFG gt C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU S- - - - - - - Policies system LogonHoursAction HKU S- - - - - - - Policies system DontDisplayLogonHoursWarnings HKU S- - - - - - - MountPoints fe a - - dc- - e f e - E SETUP EXEHKU S- - - - - - - Control Panel Desktop SCRNSAVE EXE - gt C Windows system Bubbles scr - - Microsoft Corporation ShellExecuteHooks - AEB E- E - d - EE- C FD - No File ShellExecuteHooks SA... Read more

A:Contacts getting spammed from my email address

Greetings techboy and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please consider and do this.===================================================P2P Warning--------------------Going over your logs I noticed that you have Limewire installed. It is pretty much certain that if you continue to use P2P programs, you will get infected again.Avoid gaming sites, pirated software, cracking tools, keygens, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs.They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming and underground sites.Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users.The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications.I would recommend that you uninstall Limewire, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove the program, you can do so via Start > Control Panel > Add/... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592352/contacts-getting-spammed-from-my-email-address/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello there First of all MAJOR THANK YOU'S and apologies you've got a total IT idiot here in this post I'm telling you I'm really clueless Secondly the reason for my My to contacts my address spam others, is email not used but being post I must have clicked on something in an email I KNOW My email address is being used to spam others, but not my contacts I KNOW Wrong move right that captured hijacked compromised my email address For the past several days I've been getting postmaster delivery notification-delivery has failed bouncebacks--- going right into my Junk Mail folder I didn't think much of it until Verizon suspended my email account this morning for My email address is being used to spam others, but not my contacts MISUSE LITTLE OL' ME Misuse Yup And I can tell they are FULL OF JUNK because they are trying to sell off-label Viagra and Cialis BTW do people really believe that these meds are the real thing You get what you pay for people A four-hour erection may be the least of your worries Sorry I got off topic Anyway it has probably happened like - times in the past several days I have gone in and changed my password it's SUPER STRONG NOW and my security questions but from what I've read there is probably still something sitting on my computer that will make this happen again If you can help I would be so grateful and even if you can't thanks for trying --- Jenn Here's my log hehehehe she said log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Jennifer at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Enabled Updated D FA C -F - B -D EC- EDF CEDB SP Norton Enabled Updated E -D C- F-EC C- AD B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Norton Enabled E E -BF - E -FDB -A EAC E A Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files LSI SoftModem agr svc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C PROGRA FROMDO bar bin barsvc exe C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hpsa service exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Wi-Fi Connect WiFiConnect exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packa... Read more

A:My email address is being used to spam others, but not my contacts

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/533416 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533416/my-email-address-is-being-used-to-spam-others-but-not-my-contacts/
Relevancy 73.96%

One email address in my contacts disappeared. It does not pop out automatically anymore when I spell the first letter.

I checked in my red list if I had misplaced it but this address was not there either.

I still can write to this person and she will receive my emails. However I do not receive her emails anymore.
I tried to trick the system by emailing her through the same account with a second account I put with the
new system since Microsoft suppressed the links accouts. Same thing: she will receive my email but I do not receive
hers.

Can anyone help me to fix this problem.
Thanks a lot.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/29069-one-my-email-address-my-contacts-disappeared.html
Relevancy 73.1%

looking to take email address book and rransfer addys onto my new pc, old one runs XP, new one runs Vista...if that matters

thanks in advance

A:How Can I Transfer Email Address Book From One Computer To Another

What program do you use (on the old computer) to view your emails?
What program do you want to use on the new, Vista computer to view your emails?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134157/how-can-i-transfer-email-address-book-from-one-computer-to-another/
Relevancy 73.1%

i have a couple of entries in my add book that have appeared that i cannot delete, the are not in my actual address book but in the drop list for each letter, what is the easiest way to delete these please ?

A:suspicious entries in email address book

What kind of email address book?

Outlook, Thunderbird, Gmail, Hotmail Or I did not get the question right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suspicious-entries-in-email-address-book.1003696/
Relevancy 73.1%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - Solved: book address Email hijacked MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA JASAA Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled Hi Unfortunately my email address book btopenworld internet on Yahoo seems to have been hijacked and I ve sent out a crazy email about best and worst Solved: Email address book hijacked jobs to various people I know Here s my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Solved: Email address book hijacked Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Toshiba Online Product Information TOPI exe C Program Files IDM Desktop SMS DesktopSMS exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator CreateCD createcd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Basic Edition NswUiTray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba CEC MAIN exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpBrowser exe C Users Grahame AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Grahame AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Grahame AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Grahame AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Grahame Downloads HijackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home bt yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SS... Read more

Relevancy 73.1%

Yesterday a few of the people I have email addresses of have notified me that they My email is spamming address contacts. Yahoo! my received an email from me with a link to a malicious website I have since changed my password but they say they are still receiving emails with links in them I run Avast Internet Security and since this has started I ve run a virus scan with Avast and I ve run a malware scan with Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware with nothing being found on either one of them Please Help DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Admin at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Internet Security Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Internet Security Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C My Yahoo! email address is spamming my contacts. ACF FW avast Internet Security Enabled B - -D - E - A A D BBB Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast afwServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system svchost exe -k HsfXAudioService C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Backup Now EZ BackupNowEZSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows System alg exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpCaslNotification exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefo... Read more

A:My Yahoo! email address is spamming my contacts.

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401755/my-yahoo-email-address-is-spamming-my-contacts/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Just noticed today that my email address is being used ot send mail to my address book Im receiving tons of return mail from aol becasue of this I tried changing my aol password and runnnig superantispyware which found infections wehich I my my address someone with sending to contacts emails email cleared The problem is still there I dont know if this is a hijack problem so I ran hijack this here is the report What can I do to resolve this issue Thanks windows sony vaio using google chrome GB hard drive GB memory Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows someone sending emails to my contacts with my email address WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection someone sending emails to my contacts with my email address Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility ThirdPartyAppMgr exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exe C Program someone sending emails to my contacts with my email address Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWi exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil i ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run RegistrationReminder quot C Program Files Sony Fi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/someone-sending-emails-to-my-contacts-with-my-email-address.953250/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have 1300 Outlook 2007 contacts, some without Emails, some with good Emails and doubtless some with out-of-date Emails. Is there an easy way to notify all the good Email address of my new Email address? I tried mass mailing all the A's and the error message reads..."550 (message) does not conform to RFC2822 standard." No idea what that means.

Any suggestions? And thanks as always...you guys are great!

A:Mass Email to contacts re: address change?

My guess is that some of the email address contain invalid characters somewhere in them or your ISP has some type of anti-spam procedure that prevents you from emailing more than a certain number of people at a time. I would start by exporting your list of contacts to an Excel file and then scroll through them looking for invalid characters or extra leading or trailing spaces.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mass-email-to-contacts-re-address-change.830205/
Relevancy 72.67%

Using Windows 7 HomePrem; latest version.
When I look in my "Contacts" I see "Ed Wiens" ONCE only.
When I compose a new email, I see "Ed Wiens" TWICE; once is his current addy and once for his old addy. I need to delete the old one but it won't show in the Contacts to be deleted.

How can this happen and how can I delete the old one, please?

A:contact is NOT in address book but shows when composing email

Welcome to the forum

Take a note of the new one and then try to delete-it
Close your browser then reopen and see if the old one exist.
Edit the old one to reflect the new one.

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/226071-contact-not-address-book-but-shows-when-composing-email.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I am having a problem with my email not working correctly I can receive email but when I try to create a new email and click on my address 2003 Email Outlook Problem Book/new Address book the mouse icon disappears off to Outlook 2003 Address Book/new Email Problem the right hand side of the screen The program appears unresponsive as I am unable to select any tool bar icons shows no indication that I clicked on anything nor am I able to close the untitled message screen or minimize it I have opened task manager and selected end task untitled message When that task ends it switches back to the inbox screen with a Select Names window in the task bar At this point the Inbox screen is still unresponsive but now I can right click the Select Names window in the task bar and close it When that closes then the Inbox screen seems to restore control I have updated Microsoft Office to service pack after this situation presented itself The O S is X P Pro Microsoft Outlook This system has been running problem free for about year If anyone could help in solving this issue I would greatly appreciate it Thank You Mod Edit Topic moved to more appropriate forum TMacK

A:Outlook 2003 Address Book/new Email Problem

Hello to all,

I have resolved my issue with address book. It appears that my address book was opening up off screen on the right hand side. I am not sure what had changed in regards to why it had opened off screen or why it now has restored to the middle of the screen. The only thing that I had done recently was to send an email to a friend and typed in the email address then clicked send. After that when I tried to create a new email and select the address book it would open the window in view.

Basically I'm a moron but had to post the resolution to my problem anyways.
PROBLEM SOLVED.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109984/outlook-2003-address-booknew-email-problem/
Relevancy 72.67%

OS XP home I recently re-installed my entire computer incl MS Office When restoring the pst files something went wrong Maybe I needed to re-install more than just pst files maybe it screwed up because I renamed the back-up files Either way the problem is that the Contact folder is not displayed in the Outlook Address Book and I cannot manage to make it so I tried the following - Right-clicking the Contacts folder Properties Outlook Address Book tab The checkbox quot Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book quot is greyed out so I cannot check it - Tools E-mail (Outlook in Address Outlook Contacts Book not 2002) Solved: accounts View or change existing directories or address books Outlook Address Book - MAPI is listed as Solved: Contacts not in Outlook Address Book (Outlook 2002) only one When pressing Change I get an error message quot This E-mail account cannot be configured Please run Outlook and choose this profile before attempting to make changes to it quot There is only one profile I had before re-installation but no longer needed the second If I try to Add an Additional Outlook Address Book or a Personal Address Book I get the error message quot The account you have added is not fully configured It might not work properly until re-configured correctly quot Nice but how to re-configure it correctly I prefer not having to re-install the program I tried to Remove the listed Outlook Address Book but then could still not Add one same error message so the originally listed one re-appeared What can I do nbsp

A:Solved: Contacts not in Outlook Address Book (Outlook 2002)

Did anyone respond to this 2.5 year old problem with a solution? I have exactly the same problem now and hope there is a solution out there. I'm puzzled and cannot find the solution on the net. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-contacts-not-in-outlook-address-book-outlook-2002.316561/
Relevancy 72.67%

A friend of mine recently started getting a lot of emails from people on her contact list saying that they look like spam. They asked her if she sent these emails and of course, she didn't. She has changed her password but the problem persists. She has run a number of different scans and that hasn't solved the problem either. Is there anything that can be done?

A:A friend's email address is on multiple emails to contacts

If her contact list has been hacked, it can't be undone.  If they have the contact list, changing the password will not change anything.  Sounds like she needs to lock down her phone better.  She needs to be more careful, and check all her privacy settings.  Have her create a new email and let her contacts know.  People don't realize that they are granting the world access to their personal information with these phones.  Google+, Facebook, instagram, Pinterest, etc.... they all access ALL your personal info by default, and makes it simple for others to gain access.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591342/a-friends-email-address-is-on-multiple-emails-to-contacts/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi there,

I am using Outlook 2003 and I have many contacts that have multiple email addresses and I can not seem to find the option to allow me to specify which email address is the default for my contacts that have more than one email address.

Any help is appreciated.

RGDS & TIA

Curtis M.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-set-a-contacts-default-email-address.354130/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have reinstalled OL2003 and my account was imported from Outlook Express. However, I cannot figure out how to get my contact folder to show in my address book when I am looking for an address to send an email. The Address Book properties shows 'Contacts' as the address source, the first list to be searched and checked the option for it to be the contact folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Relevancy 71.81%

When multiple accounts are added on Outlook 2010 and you create a new email, autocomplete in the 'to' field shows suggestions from every account. Is it possible to only show suggestions relevant to the account the email is being sent from.

For example, if I had my personal account and a customer services account, when I go to send an email from my personal account, every email address who has ever communicated with the customer services account shows which is quite risky.

Thanks, Louise

A:Outlook 2010 only to show address book from one email account

Have you looked in the help section of outlook. The only thing i can suggest at the moment, is click the contacts in outlook,and then the little arrow next my contacts, there you will find yor email accounts with suggested contacts and contacts, see what happens when you try that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/263937-outlook-2010-only-show-address-book-one-email-account.html
Relevancy 71.81%

This morning my msn email account had letters from family letting me know that my msn address has been sending emails from my account that contain malicious links When that family member clicked on the link it started downloading and could not be stopped until she used control alt delete to shut off the computer Yesterday I had just opened an email account with Gmail and imported my address book Is this related Or maybe is this problem tied to when the gaming system PS had its data hacked a few months back--personal data areas were hacked that included email credit cards and passwords etc Either way I need to find where the problem is and fix it I went to MSN Live book malicious hacked, MSN links email sending address solutions center downloaded and ran their recommended tool to locate problems--a quick scan found nothing I am running Nortons Antivirus that came with my Qwest MSN account My main computer is running XP Media edition bit with service pack Please help me locate MSN email address book hacked, sending malicious links the trouble and MSN email address book hacked, sending malicious links fix this I have sent a warning email to my whole address book from my new Gmail account to hopefully prevent others from getting this

A:MSN email address book hacked, sending malicious links

Update--so far MSN says it sounds like a virus, but nothing was found. We reset the computer to an earlier date, about 8 days earlier, and then Norton's wouldn't run. It had 3 error codes; 3043,1 3040,20011 and 3040,20063. Nortons Fix it didn't work on these codes and after following their recomendations, it still didn't work. Finally uninstalled Nortons and reinstalled. Ran quick scan, found 8 small problems and it fixed those. Ran again as full scan, found 4 more concerns and automatically repaired those as well.

Ran Microsoft Safety Scanner for full scan- nothing found. Ran SpyBot search and destroy--nothing found.

Talked to Qwest, because they were the number Norton's sent me too (Qwest provides my DSL). Qwest took the info and looked at my email account. They noticed the virus links all end in /world.html and many have more in common like modules/Search/world.html Qwest is looking into that, but who knows if they will find where this started? Qwest did say that copies of email sent from my MSN account were being sent to another account, my husband's email. We checked his account- non of my emails are there, except the spam email with the virus link.

This makes me worry--is someone intercepting my email? Maybe I didn't understand. My husband's email is on my account as an alternate in case something happens.
I have not had a chance to contact Gmail yet. It seems like more than a little bit of a coincindence that my address book is being used to send virus link emails just a few hours after I started a gmail account, transfered my msn addresses to gmail and linked the accounts so gmail would forward to msn.

Does any of this extra info give you an idea of what has really happened to my msn account? Should I be worried that someone is actively phishing for info by intercepting copies of my email? I have gone to a different computer and changed many of my passwords. I have alerted my bank and credit card companies too. Or maybe it is just a simple one time stolen password to spread the virus with no further intent. I'd really like to know how I can be sure what has happened and if it is safe to use my email and main computer again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405650/msn-email-address-book-hacked-sending-malicious-links/
Relevancy 70.95%

All my contacts within my Yahoo Email Address Book are getting a Bogus Emails Book Address Virus Keeps Email to Entire Sending bogus email Email Virus Keeps Sending Bogus Emails to Entire Address Book with either no title or just a Email Virus Keeps Sending Bogus Emails to Entire Address Book name in the title and then just a link in the body of the email that usually contains the word viagra or the word quot love quot or quot lo ve quot etc in the link I ve downloaded antivirus programs inluding MS Shield and Norton Antivirus and they often find a Trojan or other files that they clean up but after a few days I get emails from my friends saying they are getting spam virus email from me again DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tous at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Email Virus Keeps Sending Bogus Emails to Entire Address Book Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lxducoms exe C Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system StacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Docmgr bin WavXDocMgr exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series ezprint exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdumon exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C PROGRA Webshots Webshots scr C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared logger exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL K... Read more

A:Email Virus Keeps Sending Bogus Emails to Entire Address Book

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359967/email-virus-keeps-sending-bogus-emails-to-entire-address-book/
Relevancy 70.95%

My hotmail account is being used by some entity to send out links to a canadian viagra peddler amp they are sending to everyone in my address book I have scanned with Malwarebytes spybot superanti-spyware to no avail I am still being used Thanks for your help Eric HDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Eric Hoverter at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - FW COMODO Firewall enabled A - F - send address email being web account to my link to Live Windows all used book ef -AFC -F E A B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System Windows Live email account being used to send web link to all my address book nvsvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXEC WINDOWS System DSentry exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files lg fwupdate fwupdate exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files AirPort APDiskAgent exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Comodo Firewall cfp exeC Program Files CyberLink DVD Windows Live email account being used to send web link to all my address book Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE Windows Live email account being used to send web link to all my address book OpwareSE exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC PROGRA ACDSYS DEVDET DEVDET EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Documents and Settings Eric Hoverter Application Data mjusbsp magicJack exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Eric Hoverter Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE WHVFKCT Defogger exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Eric Hoverter Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE V XCQC dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp ppl blastoffnetwork com ericdhoverter uDefault Page URL hxxp www dell me com mywayuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuSearch Page hxxp www google comuWindow Title My BrowseruSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ieuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www dell me com mywayuInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt localhostuInternet Settings ProxyServer lt local gt uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q sBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO EWPBrowseObject Class f e- - e... Read more

A:Windows Live email account being used to send web link to all my address book

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305136/windows-live-email-account-being-used-to-send-web-link-to-all-my-address-book/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I need help Six times in the last weeks my computer sent emails to all in my address book and many of my Facebook friends whose email address I did not know In each email sent there is a url link with a php extension I think all of the links are address - email Folowed attached book files My hijacked Directions, Help! different many varieties but all Help! My email address book hijacked - Folowed Directions, files attached have the php extension I told everyone don t click on the link so sorry I did not send it etc Now I need to clean it off my computer Help! My email address book hijacked - Folowed Directions, files attached I have backed up all my Help! My email address book hijacked - Folowed Directions, files attached important documents on an g flash drive and am ready to begin cleanup Below are the requested files Thank you very much System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm Mobile Technology MK- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI RADEON XPRESS M Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway QTFCHJ Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamSvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Owner YOUR- EF Desktop ohctc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Hosts uuu info O - Hosts u u com O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO GoodSearch Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BA-ED DB BE - C PROGRA GOODSE GOODSE DLL O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV H... Read more

A:Help! My email address book hijacked - Folowed Directions, files attached

URGENT! It has happened again today. Please help. Or should I post on another forum?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-email-address-book-hijacked-folowed-directions-files-attached.963645/
Relevancy 70.95%

Windows 10 running Outlook 2016. When I did a fresh install I set up 3 email address and added my .csv files of contacts and calendar form prior install. I did not pay attention and Outlook 2016 assigned them to an email address I now wish to get rid of.

Did a web search and didn't come up with a good reliable way to transfer the folder to another email address PST file. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/32493-move-contacts-calendar-folder-new-email-address-outlook-2016-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Before I did a complete restore of windows home edition, I copied my windows address book to a floppy disk. Now when I go to copy the floppy back to windows address book an error occurs and it won't copy. could it have something to do with a mark that looks like this~. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:getting my address book transferred floppy to windows address book

Try copying the files to your hard drive, and then importing them from the place you saved them to

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-my-address-book-transferred-floppy-to-windows-address-book.350915/
Relevancy 64.93%

I exported my address book from Outook 2003 into the Windows (XP) Address Book. This is great because then I don't have to have Outlook open to view my address book.

However, it isn't linked to my Outlook address book so that whenever I made a change to my addresses in Outlook, it'll reflect in the Windows address book.

I had that set up perfectly in my old computer (Windows 98SE) but can't get it to work in XP.

Any tips or ideas?

Relevancy 61.92%

I started receiving emails from a few friends this morning asking me if I indeed send out an email titled quot Secure shopping quot from my yahoo mail address recommending them to shop at a website www ushopcn com I first thought it went to a few email addresses mostly obsolete since I my Yahoo ALL then contacts mail all out to and email wiped phishing my sent a contacts! deliberately do not use my yahoo email much But later in the day I received the copy of this email Yahoo mail sent a phishing email to all my contacts and then wiped out ALL my contacts! and I could clearly see that it did go out to a lot more email addresses than I thought and I now suspect to all of them in my yahoo address book I sent out a short email to most who have received it apologizing profusely not from yahoo mail of course I then noticed that my address book in yahoo mail is wiped out Strangely the email showed up just a few times in my Sent Folder and only showing that it went to ONE email at a time when from my friends' forwarded emails back to me it was obvious that it did go to MANY at the same time I have run Spybot S amp D and mbam I am clean they tell me I have deleted most of the emails in my Yahoo Mail folders I have not attempted to send out a new email from Yahoo Mail Everything else appears to be functioning properly including my Outlook mail and GMail accounts where I do most of my email stuff I am now paranoid What else can I do I would appreciate any help from the experts here thanks Here is the text of the stupid email that was sent Hello How are you recently I would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products Now the company is under sales promotion all the products are sold nearly at its cost They provide the best service to customers they provide you with original products of good quality and what is more the price is a surprising happiness to you It is realy a good chance for shopping just grasp the opportunity Now or never The web address www ushopcn com

A:Yahoo mail sent a phishing email to all my contacts and then wiped out ALL my contacts!

my hotmail address had the same problem. recently i went to set it up to send auto replies as i was going away, and found the same email message copied in there ready to send again.

i was advised to change my password for my email to something which was capitals&lower key + numbers. Scan using malware and avira. didnt find anything, and had no problems since.

i'm by no means an expert - this is the advice i was given by someone who knew what they were talking about!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226993/yahoo-mail-sent-a-phishing-email-to-all-my-contacts-and-then-wiped-out-all-my-contacts/
Relevancy 61.49%

In the past I've maintained my address book using the built-in Address Book utility that came with Windows. Once each year, I would import my Address Book (.WAB) file into Outlook 2003/XP. (I don't use Outlook for email.) Then I would use the Mail Merge feature in Word 2003/XP to make and print address labels on standard Avery label sheets to simplify address of my Christmas cards.

Since I'm now using Windows 7, and the familiar Address Book utility is no longer available, how can I print my address labels? I have both Windows Address Book (.WAB) and Comma-Separated Values (.CSV) files that contain my address book data. So, I guess I need to know two things:
Which program or utility (preferably free) can I use to print my address labels.
How do I import my address data into that program?

If it helps, I am already a user of Gmail and Google Drive. Thanks.

A:Solved: Address Label Printing without Windows Address Book

Hi Jim,
Assuming you still have Microsoft Office (any version) you can use the Word mail merge feature and use your .csv file as your data source - no other programs necessary. What version of Office are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-address-label-printing-without-windows-address-book.1076740/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have 20 to thirty address every day that I need to add to my address book . how can I copy and paste this formation into my address book . I am spending to much time copying or re typing this formation in to the address form. I need to copy the address and paste into my address book. how can I do this .
Help
Sue

Relevancy 59.77%

I am using winpro2000 and office2000. No network and AOL is my internet provider.

I use to be able to go into word and print an envelope and the address would stay in the drop down. I think one of my kids fooled around with Outlook and now I have to enter addresses in the "new contact" area fields in order to get them to stay. Even then, only the name apprears not the whole address when I select an address from the drop down. I had to import the PAB into outlook to be able to use the previous addresses that use to automatically.

All I want to do is to EASILY print an address on an enveolpe and have it save to the drop down again.

Thanks a bunch,
Vstyner

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/address-book-saving-mailing-address.113228/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, My first post here

I really need some help I purchased a new WD My Book 4tb and have all my videos and pictures on this drive - I have always disconnected the drive properly but tonight when I connected to the laptop I get the following message;

I cant access the drive to see if any of the files are there or not

I have not done anything other than click on the drive yet as I don't want to do anything wrong I have so much on here I don't want to lose. Thanks

A:WD My Book 4tb External USB Crashed

You've already messed up by keeping only 1 copy of important files :/

Is H the typical drive letter designation for that drive? I assume it is what you expected since you tried to open it. Can you take a screenshot of what Disk Management looks like with the drive on and connected?

Have you tried a different USB cable or tried it on a different computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-my-book-4tb-external-usb-crashed.204917/
Relevancy 56.76%

Is ther any way of doing a mass update to change the way Outlook displays email addresses.

In Outlook, you can define the way NEW contacts are displayed (First Name/Last Name or Last name/First Name) through Tools/Options/Contacts/Contact Options).

The issue is that the default was set to Last Name/First Name. Now the user want to change all of his contact displays to First Name/Last Name.

So far we've change the default for NEW contacts to be First Name/Last Name... now how can I change the existing contacts with out going through each individual one and changing the display individually.

A:Outlook / Contacts / Addresss book - Change the way names are displayed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-contacts-addresss-book-change-the-way-names-are-displayed.271582/