Windows Support Forum

Gateway Laptop isn't working

Q: Gateway Laptop isn't working

Gateway NE56R41u laptop freezes after 5-10 minutes of running, ran many many tests and scans to try to find malware but nothing was found, it works fine in safe mode but not in safe mode with networking, please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Gateway Laptop isn't working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Gateway Laptop isn't working

When something works in Safe Mode but not while in Normal it points to a driver issue. Have you tried updating your WiFi/Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers for your system from Gateway's website?

Do you use a cooling pad? Laptops can get hot quickly and high temps will freeze/shut-down a system fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-isnt-working.209213/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Gateway laptop NE56R41u with windows 8 and I have been having alot of trouble with it, it was fine until I loaned it to my cousin. Ever since I got it back it boots up pretty quickly as it always has, but once you try to do anythng it freezes and locks up, forcing you to restart it. I tried resetting it to factory default but it didn't fix the problem, please help

A:Gateway laptop isn't working

It runs fine until I try to go to my desktop or access the internet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-isnt-working.208634/
Relevancy 60.2%

Thanks for viewing I have a Gateway Laptop MODEL No W UA It stopped working a month ago I typically would keep it on all the time It became my all-purpose school computer DVD player every night when I went to bed It would stay on for up to weeks at a time sitting on my bed One night I was watching a DVD and suddenly a buzzing popping noise comes from the screen and the computers image dissapears along with the sound I Immediately try to restart the computer the lights come on the CD-rom light flashes and the CD-rom makes a noise as if it s trying to work but nothing happens after that I tried to start it up the next day twice the first time nothing happened The second time it started working again About a day later the same thing Laptop working stopped Gateway happens but it has been a month since and no luck Gateway Laptop stopped working getting it to start working again I feel like I may have quot burnt quot something out although since it did come back on once it makes me think it s potentially fixable Can anyone help If Gateway Laptop stopped working you need any additional information please also include the steps to finding that information Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all I am new to this form but trying to help my friend with her Laptop. It was working fine then the next day the internet stopped working on her laptop.

The internet works fine on my laptop and other computers but not on her laptop so something is up. Anyway she has a Gateway windows 7 64bit laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Wireless stopped working on Gateway Laptop help!!

Welcome to SevenForums. In Network and Sharing, Change Adapter Settings, is the adapter enabled. If not, right click and enable, this should turn on wireless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267171-wireless-stopped-working-gateway-laptop-help.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post Earlier this year I purchased a Gateway NE B series laptop I am having issues with the webcam Running Windows when I open the Camera app it displays the error message Something s wrong with your camera or Please connect your camera After doing some research I read to on working Webcam Gateway not Built-In Laptop disable the driver restart then enable I did that and it actually starting Built-In Webcam not working on Gateway Laptop working Not wanting to use the camera app with Windows I downloaded another free program Now the webcam is back to not working again I uninstalled the software I downloaded and repeated the disable restart Built-In Webcam not working on Gateway Laptop enable steps and it s still not working It seems anytime I try to use the webcam inside ANY program such as Skype the webcam will come on for a second I ll see myself then it goes away This has happened in a few different programs when I tried using the webcam In the device manager under Imaging it says HD Webcam So I m not real sure what manufacturer of the software is Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get this webcam working again Thanks in advance for any help -Jonathan Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD E - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway EG BZ Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have Gateway Laptop Model W for years then today my wifi does not recognize any network System tray network icon has a quot X stopped networking Laptop working and Gateway wifi - quot red mark I checked the device manager and the network adapter is working properly I even tried uninstalling and reinstall the adapter and still doesn t work The Fn F is not doing anything as well I ran Gateway Laptop - wifi and networking stopped working cmd ipconfig all and here s the text The physical switch on the side of the Gateway Laptop - wifi and networking stopped working laptop appears to not working as it doesn t make a sound when I tried to slide it Any other function keys that I can use to enable the wireless or network connection Please advise thanks Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users xxxxxxx gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - F- C- E-D - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd wa comcast net Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - - - A-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd wa comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AE A A- FD - ECB- F - CB F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users xxxxxx gt ipconfig all nbsp

A:Gateway Laptop - wifi and networking stopped working

If you can easily access the wireless adapter through a cover on the bottom remove and carefully and firmly replace it several times to cure any possible looseness or corrosion problems. Make sure the antenna leads are secure.

If it still fails to turn on or detect any networks then probably the card or the switch has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-wifi-and-networking-stopped-working.1109880/
Relevancy 58.05%

Wireless is working on one laptop but not the other.

Default gateway not showing when running command prompt, ipconfig /all

can you pls help

A:Wireless internet not working on one laptop - default gateway not showing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-not-working-on-one-laptop-default-gateway-not-showing.1071696/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Gateway M675 that has an overheating problem. I know this because I took the back off and pointed a desktop fan at it. Before it would BSOD or just flat out shut off. Now w/ the fan it stays on for as long as the fans blowin on it. I noticed the fans (3) all shut down after windows starts up. I though I was going to have to replace all of them but noticed they work during boot up then quit. I didnt see anything in the BIOS for fan control. Any Ideas? I thought fans stay on as long as there is power unless something is stopping them. Could a bad battery be the culprit? This laptop does not run unless plugged in, I know that means I need to replace the battery but I wanted to make sure this laptop wasnt DOA and spent 100 bucks for a battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-m675-laptop-fans-stop-working-after-boot.763831/
Relevancy 54.18%

as stated in the title, the laptop will not boot windows. every now and then it will try to. it will work its way passed the gateway splash screen and the screen will go black with the white dot progress indicator in the middle of the screen and there it will stay till you turn off the computer. however there are times that it doesnt even make it off the splash page.

the lap top is not mine so i do not know any of the specs of it off hand the casing does not have a model name/number. i do know it is running windows 8.1 and that this issue occurred after waking the laptop up from hibernate. i know this is not much to go off of but any help regarding this issue would greatly help me out. thank you.

-kelbec

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52387-gateway-laptop-wont-boot-windows-8-after-gateway-logo.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an old gateway laptop that is not booting left it on for 3 hrs no screen change power supply not the problem tested the laptop with a replacement PS no change

A:gateway laptop wont boot past gateway symbol

Here is a possible fix. More to follow.1: Turn off your computer and unplug the power for 10mins.2: Plug the power back in and make sure you press Fn and F6 at the same time as your computer is starting up.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/gateway-laptop-wont-boot-past-gateway-symbol/13759.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Great site Long time lurker first time poster Anyway I m having an issue with my Gateway to Gateway VPN connection I have Gateway VPN working, - Was Gateway isn't to issue nownow. outlined the settings for both sites and I feel I should mention that this was an established connection that was working until I came in this morning Nothing has changed as far as I know but for some reason I am not able to reconnect Can you see any reason why this would be Of course I ve changed the WAN IPs and Shared Key for security purposes Thanks Daniel Site A Router Cisco RSV -------- Local Group Setup - Local Security Gateway Type IP Only IP address Local Security Group Type Subnet IP address Subnet Mask Remote Group Setup - Remote Security Gateway Type IP Only IP Address Remote Secutity Group Subnet IP Address Subnet IPSec Setup - Keying Mode IKE with Preshared Key Phase - Encryption DES Authentication MD Group -bit Key Lifetime Phase - Encryption DES Authentication MD Perfect Forward Secrecy Enabled Preshared Key MySuperSecreateKey Group -bit Key Lifetime Site B Router Linksys RV -------- Local Group Setup - Local Security Gateway Type IP Only IP address Local Security Group Type Subnet IP address Subnet Mask Remote Group Setup - Remote Security Gateway Type IP Only IP Address Remote Secutity Group Subnet IP Address Subnet IPSec Setup - Keying Mode IKE with Preshared Key Phase - DH Group Group Encryption DES Authentication MD Key Lifetime Perfect Forward Secrecy Checked Phase - DH Group Encryption DES Authentication MD Key Lifetime Preshared Key MySuperSecreateKey nbsp

A:Gateway to Gateway VPN issue - Was working, isn't nownow.

Have you looked at the router logs? There should be some entry in there stating what is breaking. It might be something with the Phase 1/IKE negotiation. But you'll have to check the logs to be sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-to-gateway-vpn-issue-was-working-isnt-nownow.1035528/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi There ,

I just reformatted my Gateway NV54 laptop with windows Vista on it.
My sound is working fine but my microphone is not working at all. I have tried both the inbuilt mic and an external one.
I downloaded the latest audio driver from http://support.gateway.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=2376 which is the conexant 4.98.9.0. (x84)

When I run the driver setup it just says "Driver installation failed: Could not find the device for this driver."
I am confused because as far as I know because my sound is working that means my audio driver working?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1976 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 796 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 295242 MB, Free - 152804 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway , SJV50MV , Rev , LXWDH0X007931B5DEC2200

A:Audio Driver not working "Could not find device for this driver" Gateway laptop

Could not find the device for this driver

That error message suggests to me that you're trying to install the wrong driver for that sound device.
Please double-check on the Gateway website, there may be a choice of two or more audio drivers for that model, depending on what hardware was available at the factory when your laptop was assembled.

If there is a choice, you may have downloaded the wrong one or selected a laptop model which is not exactly the same as yours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-driver-not-working-could-not-find-device-for-this-driver-gateway-laptop.991540/
Relevancy 44.72%

two hours ago internet was working on my laptop via lan and suddenly it stopped working,it is working with dial-up connection but not lan,when i ran network diagnostic,it says the default gateway is not available,what to do? p.s. i am a mechanical engineering student so dont expect me to know a lot about complex things about laptops,please help
after two hour or so the problem came back and now on installing the driver it says this update can only be installed on windows 7...but i have WINDOWS 7!!
below is the screenshot please help!!

A:LAN not working-the default gateway is not available

just got the problem resolved by re-installing the driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207063-lan-not-working-default-gateway-not-available.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I've seen a couple of posts about issues with the sound card on the Gateway M-1617 Notebook. Mine is Vista (I guess some are XP) but the sound is just not working. Control Panel insists that everything is enabled and working fine. I tried using both speakers and headphones, and I'm not getting anything. Does anyone have any drivers that will work with my computer?
It's a HDMI audio system.

Please send me links to drivers that won't screw up my notebook, preferably not system files. I really like this computer. Just help me out.

Here is a link to the specs:
http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2007/Tempest/1014770R/1014770Rsp2.shtml

Please help me out!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-is-not-working-on-gateway-m-1617.784142/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,
I am currently having issues connecting to the internet on my personal computer. It has always been on a wired connection to my ASUS router model: RT-ac66r. I also have my work client connected to the router, and that seems to be working perfectly fine (I am writing this post on here). Also, WiFi is not effected either as my phone is connected to it and working just fine.

The issue started when i rebooted my computer because I had done a malware scan. Once rebooted, the computer started up fine and even the network showed as connected. But when i opened up Chrome, all my pages wouldn't load. I then tried IE and that didn't work, as well. I cannot seem to figure out what the problem is. Hopefully someone here can. Please let me know if you need anymore information. I will gladly provide it to you. Thank you very much.

Relevancy 44.29%

I am having a problem with certain letters on the keyboard not responding. i have a GATEWAY NV52. I have cleaned the keyboard to no avail. is this a software or driver issue? i took battery out and left it out for a few minutes. reinstalled it. it works better now but still have to retype to et button to work. it is only certain keys s, m, h, and d. please help.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums.

I recently bought (3-4 months ago) a fx-6802 desktop and a sennheiser pc 31 headset to play videos games and stuff.

Everything was working quite fine until 2 hours ago.

My headset mic stopped working all of a sudden. So I searched google for everything that could help me. Did like 4567 modifications witht he realtek drivers.

Uninstalled and re-installed all realtek drivers, but no results.

Any help is appreciated obviously

Since it was working fine since then, could it be that my headset is broken ( It's relatively new)

I can still hear sounds pretty well with my headset but mic stopped working all of a sudden.

A:Gateway fx6802 + Sennheiser pc 31 mic not working

The first step when something is working and then doesn't work, such as this, is to use the System Restore function and restore the PC back to a date when it did work. That solves many problems. System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools. Give it a try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/76681-gateway-fx6802-sennheiser-pc-31-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Gateway wireless switch is turned to ON but I can't get wireless connection like the other two laptops in my home do.
Geek squad was of NO help, they want to blame on infection , but Kaspersky states my computer is clean. This has happened before and an IT friend of mine fixed it easily , but he has since moved away and I can't find his phone number. Can anyone help me?
Imacimputerdumm.

A:Gateway wireless switch not working!

Hi and welcome to TSF what happens when you try to connect do you get any message,have you set up a network connection on the laptop,have you run the troubleshooter,please try to provide as much info as possible,has it ever been connected to the network

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gateway-wireless-switch-not-working-495740.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, I purchased my Gateway NV55S02u laptop about 8 months ago and I have been busy and never really tried to resolve this problem. One out of three of my USB drive functions normally. Is it possible to scan my laptop and post a log with hijackthis or something? I suspect that it might be a hardware problem but I don't want to jump the gun.

A:USB driver not working Gateway NV55S02u

Hmm; sounds more like a bad/corrupt USB driver.

a) get to the Device Manager
b) expand [+] Universal Serial Bus controllers

look for yellow or red markers, particularly on the USB Enhanced Host Controller(s)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-driver-not-working-gateway-nv55s02u.185425/
Relevancy 44.29%

USB ports not working BUT ports work ok on Gateway SX Am running Win - bit Home Premium Do not have orig install or repair disks Bought used with jury-rigged hard-drive and bit operating system Installed win - on new hard-drive Gateway SX2370 not on 3.0 USB working ports and updated to latest BIOS USB is enabled on BIOS When I USB 3.0 ports not working on Gateway SX2370 run Windows Device Manager for the USB controllers my AMD PCI to USB Open Host Controller Device status reads quot This device cannot start Code quot Also OTHER DEVICES has no drivers for the Ethernet Controller USB Controller and Unknown Device and when I attempt a driver update it cannot find drivers on my machine or on the internet GATEWAY does not have any downloadable drivers on their current website when I look up this particular machine on their official website I DO however have a similar machine with the same motherboard video card and OS that works at my disposal Any suggestions as to where to start short of making it my new back-porch footrest would be appreciated Thanks Also ran AMD driver Autodetect and it says I have the latest drivers installed for the graphics hardware x - x A PCIE

A:USB 3.0 ports not working on Gateway SX2370

Did you try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318636-usb-3-0-ports-not-working-gateway-sx2370.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My Phillips sdvd8820 is having problems. This is in a Gateway MX6453. It won't read data or movies suddenly. It will read audio but sounds strange when doing so.

Please help.

Have read the driver may be corrupt but cannot find driver online and can't read driver disk provided w/computer.

Also Have similar problem w/HP M370n. In this case the CD drive is not working at all. DVD drive will work sometimes?

Thanks

A:Gateway DVDRW stopped working

Sounds to me like the laser has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-dvdrw-stopped-working.846847/
Relevancy 44.29%

NEED A WORKING DRIVER FOUR A GATEWAY 2000 G6-300 FOUR VIDEO OS WINDOWS2000P.

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys I may be posting not gateway on windows working vista gt5412 on the wrong part of the forum so i apolligize firts off I am not good at computers and I am having trouble with my gateway gt with windows vista The system will load and let me get to the main screen saver and load all the programs but when I let it go for a few minutes it will lock up and do nothing Even if I go right to the internet it will let me get the home page and it turns to a fainted color and does nothing I have tried to hit control alternate delete to reset the computer and it wont let me do that so I just hit the power button on the tower I then start the system again and it will do the same thing windows vista on gateway gt5412 not working all over again I cant run a disk in the computer because it quit reading them Sorry about the lack of knowledge I have but I am in windows vista on gateway gt5412 not working a rock and a hard place Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Johnboy nbsp

A:windows vista on gateway gt5412 not working

I was just trying to get it to work and it comes up as not responding when you open up somthimg on the internet. I have lnksys for our lap top and are desktop runs threw that. i have unhooked the lnksys and put the desktop back threw the road runner and that didnt help it at all. Any other info that may be helpful I will try to answer ant questions you have to help me get this desktop figured out Thanks again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-on-gateway-gt5412-not-working.971052/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Gateway 450ROG that I reloaded winXpS2. During the load the realtek A97 drivers reported a problem loading, said that the drivers were not signed by microsoft. I downloaded the drivers from Gateway site and they don't work either. In the device manager, the Multimedia Audio Controller is not taking. I went to the realtek site and down loaded the drivers and they don't work either. The same not signed message appeared. Any suggestions?

A:audio Driver for gateway 450ROG not working

Do not worry about that "signed" issue just continue to install the driver. That simply means Realtek didn't pay off Ms, not that the driver won't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-driver-for-gateway-450rog-not-working.605416/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I have no idea what happen. I went to go use my camera for the first time and it said no webcam found. It is built in. So I went to the site, and downloaded the driver, and it says no webcam found. I tried going to device manager and clicking on the hardware changes, still no luck. MY mic works just fine, I just can't get the webcam to work. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-ne56r34u-built-in-camera-not-working-please-help.1081335/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have a Gateway NV 44 laptop and I am trying to tether through my iphone using bluetooth, but the bluetooth button on the laptop doesnt even light up. I think windows 7 doesnt recognize bluetooth. I have tried installing windows mobile device and no avail, i tried running broadcoms setup and still not detecting. When I try to search for hardware devices it just keeps looking infinitely.

A:Bluetooth not working on Gateway NV44 Windows 7 HELP!

Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer

Hi I have a Gateway NV 44 laptop and I am trying to tether through my iphone using bluetooth, but the bluetooth button on the laptop doesnt even light up. I think windows 7 doesnt recognize bluetooth. I have tried installing windows mobile device and no avail, i tried running broadcoms setup and still not detecting. When I try to search for hardware devices it just keeps looking infinitely.

are you sure you put these devices in discoverable mode?
(this is really important...)
also did you update any bluetooth drivers to allow for any extra profiles that you might need...

also check if the iphone sees the computer (to make sure the computer is discoverable)
as a last resort you can try bluesoleil BlueSoleil, the most easy-to-use, innovative and interoperable Bluetooth software, Bluetooth driver and see if that fixes your situation...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/45756-bluetooth-not-working-gateway-nv44-windows-7-help.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I ve browsed through other threads but Default Missing Gateway Not Working, Internet only lightly so sorry if I ve missed a solution to this problem in one of them The back round story is my DSL internet was working fine for the past few days then suddenly today it ceased all connectivity This seems to happen each time I reinstall an OS for who knows why I searched around the net trying to find my routers IP address to set it up as I remember this working in the past My mother calls tech support Internet Not Working, Default Gateway Missing not me I only overheard it otherwise it would ve solidified in my memory I tried typing in the two IPs shown but to no avail so Internet Not Working, Default Gateway Missing I m assuming the default gateway is the one I need to access my router In other threads the posters are generally asked to run cmd gt ipconfig all so I took the liberty of doing so now Oh And I m posting from a laptop the PC internet doesn t work The wireless works fine which only verifies the internets connectivity I ll try to not make any typing errors copying this Running on Windows XP Media Center Edition C Documents and Settings Owner YOUR- FC CE gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration HOST NAME YOUR- FC CE Primary Dns Suffix Mode Type Unkown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -D -ED- B-B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Owner YOUR- FC CE I m not exactly a computer savvy individual either so the more simple the language and complete the guides directions assistance the better Thank you Edit Also I have tried many of the defaults I have seen listed when I tried goggling solutions and the like nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I am trying to connect my Gateway laptop (running on Windows 7 64 bit) to a 40" Sony Bravia through a VGA cable. The TV doesn't recognize the PC at all. I am sure I pressed the right function key in the computer to switch to TV monitor. But no use. It's able to recognize another Dell laptop (on XP) with no problem. Appreciate your help!! Thanks..

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I m running Windows XP on a Gateway DX X and a couple of days ago the sound stopped working while the computer was running I ve checked the connections between the speakers and my computer tried downloading longer on working DX200X Audio Gateway no the latest sound drivers I m using Realtek HD Audio and looked at all Audio no longer working on Gateway DX200X of my Audio no longer working on Gateway DX200X computer s volume controls to make sure I hadn t accidentally muted something So far nothing has restored the sound Whenever I adjust the volume control on the computer desktop not the speakers I hear the internal speaker beep but if I turn the volume on the speakers high enough I hear what seems like a quot digitized quot version of the internal speaker beep come through the speakers I also hear this noise come through my headphones when I plug them into the line out or headphone jacks on my computer though I don t hear anything when I plug them into the headphone jack on my speakers I suspect that my speakers might need replacing but I m not entirely sure if they re the component that s at fault Are there any other tests I should try in order to figure out what s going on Also in case it s any help here s my computer s SysInfo Log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GVSE Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner EnabledClick to expand nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I m not sure what Help? laptop XP Gateway the problem is but I blame Microsoft for being sucky My grandmother bought a crappy old gateway laptop with XP on it for times Help? XP Gateway laptop what it was worth from some guy she met The whole thing was screwed up and practically Help? XP Gateway laptop unusable when she got it so she asked me to fix it I already set up a working admin account and made it so it can do basic functions and everything last week Help? XP Gateway laptop I ve spent a lot of time on the microsoft websites help section trying different methods to fix different problem finally got it to work with internet But assuming there are two versions I think they installed the desktop version of WinXP on it It doesn t have any of the normal differences an XP laptop has vs an xp desktop like it has no battery reading and refuses to acknowledge it s a laptop and has a battery thus refuses to charge the battery so it must be plugged in to work I don t know the first thing to how to fix that Also I m pretty sure these things come with wifi it s not that old it s a M like this one It has no indication of capability to connect to wireless internet so I have to keep the ethernet cable in at all times too I m primarily a Mac user as you might have guessed topped with the fact that I haven t been sleeping much the past week or so this is appearing to be a challenge IE fails and as soon as I got it connected to the net popups started coming up and it kept freezing going to websites and I kept having to ctrl alt del it so I got safari and it s working a lot more smoothly But every time I turned on the com or connected the net IE would turn itself on and put out popups It has no uninstall so I tried to do it manually but it wouldn t let me and trying to get around it deleting the files separately they just kept magically reappearing so I found a way to cripple it and I deleted all the short cuts Outlook also fails and I couldn t get it to work and I didn t know why so I downloaded thunderbird and it works great except I can t send emails I have Verizon FIOS I m using outgoing verizon net for the smtp but it s not working Another problem is the sound I don t hear anything I m not sure why it has built in speakers doesn t it I ve already checked all the volume and sound settings it all appears to be working fine All the default devices are set to SigmaTel Audio whatever that is there is no other option I looked in the device manager and I saw it in there SigmaTel C-Major Audio with other things I m assuming the others or at least of the others are basic stuff that comes when you install the OS The only thing aside from SigmaTel that has the capability of being enabled and disabled is quot Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device quot they were both already enabled Also forgot to mention I tried headphones external comp speakers a guitar amp and a TV built in speaker and still no sound I use to use Windows before Mac and I remembered back in the day at least for anything you had to install a driver to make it work I don t think that still applies on WinXP the speakers I was using are Klipsch ProMedia GMX A- Speakers I checked their website and around the net and there doesn t appear to be a driver I read the manual too there s nothing about having software to install What should I try next And is there a way to tell it it s a laptop so it ll charge the battery and all I have no OS disc obviously so if I have to reinstall it like I m thinking I might I can t so let me know if there s an alternative to that And if you happen to know what I should do about the smtp server thing let me know I m thinking I ll just call verizon Thanks for any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi. I have a gateway t series laptop that I believe got hit by lightening last week. I cannot get it to turn on or anything. I wanted to include it in my insurance claim with my other damage but the insurance wants proof I guess. Every place I've cotacted is going to charge me an arm and leg just to look at it. Can someone tell me what part could be damaged if it was hit my a power surge or what parts might need replacing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
I got blue screen of death on my laptop and it keeps on restarting before the window can actually boot up. It show's this message and reboots every single time when starting up Windows XP. I tried recovering the windows from the Recovery CD but it goes to the Gateway Symbol n freezes there and I have to restart the system every single time and try to boot from the recovery CD. it goes searching for recovery date on the hard drive and if not found any it will boot the recovery cd. but it goes to this scan and just freezes there with running the recovery data from the cd. Any help would be appreciated.

A:BOD: gateway MA7 laptop

NEED HELP!!!! I tried rebooting the system with Windows XP professional and it can't find the hard drive.... Still freezing at the GATEWAY Logo when recovering from the original recovery disc

SOMEONE PLEASE HELPPPPP ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bod-gateway-ma7-laptop.871738/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am having a problem with my daughters gateway laptop. I have the operating system disc and tried to re-install it but the screen is telling me that I have to pick a driver and I don't know where the drivers are to be installed. I can not find where the drivers are! Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gateway-laptop-help-366330.html
Relevancy 43.86%

when trying to add windows xp to my gateway 400sd4 it says no hard disk drives found. what do I need to change to get this to work? I am computer retarded so I need lots of help. lol

Relevancy 43.86%

ok so i got this laptop for free right. Gateway solo 9550 pretty nice for free. It has p3 mobile 1ghz 256mb ram. Windows xp pro. Anyway i get it and i ran the setup for windows xp and go it running. Then it startedacting funny. Screen not showing. Or sometimes the bois screen would show then no xp. or it would do both then make the windows noise as if its loging into windows but dosent show anything on the screen. I just got it in windows and while it was booting up the colors were messed up badly. In windows it looked fine but then it starts lagging badly and shows crappy colors. I thought it might be the video card but i dont know. Maybe the ram is bad? Any help would be great

A:Gateway laptop help plz

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=300070

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-help-plz.300078/
Relevancy 43.86%

ok so i got this laptop for free right. Gateway solo 9550 pretty nice for free. It has p3 mobile 1ghz 256mb ram. Windows xp pro. Anyway i get it and i ran the setup for windows xp and go it running. Then it startedacting funny. Screen not showing. Or sometimes the bois screen would show then no xp. or it would do both then make the windows noise as if its loging into windows but dosent show anything on the screen. I just got it in windows and while it was booting up the colors were messed up badly. In windows it looked fine but then it starts lagging badly and shows crappy colors. I thought it might be the video card but i dont know. Maybe the ram is bad? Any help would be great

Relevancy 43.86%

My brother just recently gave me a Gateway Laptop, and it runs really slow. I did a disk defragment on it and then I tried to do a disc clean up and when I do that it just restarts. He has so many files under the disc clean up when it tries to clean it up it just restarts! I need help, I really want to clean up this computer. I would just reload Windows Xp on it, but I don't got the disk to do it. Can anyone Help me out there?

A:Gateway Laptop Needs Help

to enable you to see what 's going on, you need to disable the automatic reboot sequence.
that 's to be found in My Computer - rightclick / Properties / Advanced TAB / Startup & Recovery panel / Settings button
Then untick the box in front of "Automatically restart"

Then try to recreate the problem; you 'll get a blue screen (BSOD) with some info in it.

Please post what 's in the top part, some numbers and some text ( a few lines in total )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-needs-help.117975/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Gateway Laptop with Windows 7 and a built in HD camera. If I am video calling on Yahoo or wherever the cam works fine, but it does not show up on my Control Panel items I.e. "devices and printers". However under Device Manager is does show up and says it is working properly. However since it isn't listted in my devices and doesn't show up when I searh "all programs". I can only use it when I am video chatting in Yahoo IM. Otherwise I can't find it and therefore cannot bring it up

A:Cam on my Gateway Laptop

What is the model # of your Gateway. I would expect that when you double click and open Computer the device should be there as well.

Also, have you looked at Gateway's site under Support for your computer model # to see if any special apps are offered for your cam?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cam-on-my-gateway-laptop.196997/
Relevancy 43.86%

this may be a stupid question for the experts here but here it goes...

My girlfriends laptop is having issues. its a gateway m-1617. her hdd failed so I replaced it with a working spare I had from a hp vista laptop. specs were the same so I thought it may work. but I am unable to re-install vista on it. the hdd is recognized in bios but when I get into the vista install screen there is no hard drive located to format.

Do I need to order an EXACT replacement for the OEM hdd or can I make this one work somehow? Or is there possible other hardware failure??

A:Need help with a gateway laptop...PLEASE!

Hi ProjectSunfire

You will need to install drivers for your sata controller.

Gateway Support - 1014770R*Gateway M-1617 Notebook

do you Know what sata controller?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251232-need-help-gateway-laptop-please.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a gateway laptop nv52, when i turn it on the windows boot manager comes up and says
*Choose an operating system to start, or press TAB to select a tool:
(Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice, then press enter.)
Microsoft Windows Vista (which is highlighted)

To specify an advanced option for this choice, press f8

Tools:

Window Memory Diagnostic*

The only problem with this is the keyboard on the laptop is not working and when I plug a keyboard into the usb it doesn't work either. I need to know how to fix this please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-gateway-laptop.1073562/
Relevancy 43.86%

I resently sent a laptop to gateway to have it repaired It went it functional but had a bad power jack so it wouldnt charge its battery Here is A bit of the repair log we got back from them Receive Triage ---- Bad Power Jack Connector FRU Repair ---- Bad Power Jack COnnection ---- Gateway this? .. do you about Laptop What think Compoent Repair Required Dis-assemble Comp Repair ---- Bad Power Jack Connector ---- Replaced Part Assemble FRU Repair ---- No Power ---- Other Fix FRU Repair ---- FAN WILL NOT START ---- Replaced Defective Gateway Laptop .. What do you think about this? Assembly FRU Repair---- No Power ---- Other Fix Final Test ---- PCB - Boot Failure FRU Repair---- PCB - Boot Failure ---- No Trouble Found Final Test ---- Network Failure FUR Repair---- Network Failure ---- Component Repair Required Dis-assemble Comp Repair OOW Diagnosing ---- LIGHTNING STRIKE OOW DECAP OOW Authorizeing FRU Repair ---- LIGHTNING STRIKE Final Test My question is what would be PCB - Boot Failure Do you think it would be worth it to call back gateway and complain considering we payed them to turn it to a paper weight nbsp

A:Gateway Laptop .. What do you think about this?

Did you actually experience a lightning strike as the log stated? If so then I havent heard of a company that covers computers against such damage. If it was working except for the battery not charging before you sent it to them, thenI would indeed get some action here. Is the laptop not working when you recieved it back. A lightning strike may or may not be detectable at the user level observation. It can take on the characteristics of plain ordinary Static discharge damage (no noticable damage but integrated circuits fried) to severe physical damage such as case melting and worse.

The thing I am wondering is was it working normally except for the battery charging? Or were you not able to tell because the power adapter was not working?

By the way PCB usually stands for Printed Circuit Board. If there was a failure of the ciruit board this would cause a boot failure. And yes a lightning strike could cause Printed Circuit Board failure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-what-do-you-think-about-this.384158/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Gateway laptop with windows it shut itself down 8 working Cursor/Keyboard Windows Please Help! Solved: Gateway Not and restored it has done this before with no issues The computer loaded and is at the start page where all the apps are listed I cannot use the cursor it doesn t show up When it goes to sleep usually I can hit the space bar and it responds but nothing seem the whole key board is frozen I have tried the function keys for the cursor and nothing I have taken my mouse from my other computer to try to use it in the lap top and nothing I have turned the computer off and on still nothing I use my laptop for work and I am frustrated now that I can t get in to it It seems locked somehow or stuck When I hit the F for help it does Solved: Please Help! Gateway Windows 8 Cursor/Keyboard Not working open the desktop page and I see the help box but I can t click on it The only way to wake the computer up to see the screen I unplug or replug the power cord in Other than that it seems to go back to sleep I have googled and went to so many places to get help and nothing Thank You nbsp

A:Solved: Please Help! Gateway Windows 8 Cursor/Keyboard Not working

Solved Myself:

Here's what I did.
Turned laptop off and back on again
While on the windows loading screen hit Alt + F10 (held down alt and tapped F10 several times)
Took me to the refresh page - Used tab and enter to choose
Tried to refresh without removing my files (DID NOT WORK)
Repeated first 2 steps
At refresh screen tab down to advance and did a full reload which took comp back to beginning settings
Chose all my features etc as I did when it was new
Plugged in mouse before completing the walk through for windows new settings to load(AT THE SCREEN WHERE I HAD TO CHECK THE BOX TO AGREE TO TERMS)

MOUSE FINALLY WORKED

Comp loaded fine cursor still did not work
Hit F6 (Not function + F6)
Finally worked

Reinstalled my things like: skype, firefox, Free Open office by Apache

Lesson: Back up everything on external hard drive at least once a week or more depending on how often computer is used. Since I use it for work I will back up files more than once a week just in case I have to do a complete restore I will still have all my files to download back to my laptop. Sometimes if I am in a hurry I email the document or file, song, whatever to my email...that way if I didn't back it up I can always access my email from any computer.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-gateway-windows-8-cursor-keyboard-not-working.1129544/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I want to thank in advance for any responses I get to this thread I Gateway stopped MT6840: Touchpad working Synaptics have a Gateway laptop model MT It has a Synaptics touchpad A couple of days ago the touchpad stopped working completely I took my laptop out of sleep mode and the icon for the touchpad in the system tray was simply gone I checked Control Panel Mouse Device Settings for the Synaptic touchpad but all options are merely grayed out and the device does not register on the computer anymore I believe I have tried almost everything I first tried Gateway MT6840: Synaptics Touchpad stopped working rebooting I then tried disconnecting my external mouse and then rebooting Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver from the Gateway website I looked on Google but found nothing of use Alas none of these things Gateway MT6840: Synaptics Touchpad stopped working have worked This is a bit frustrating because although I do have an external mouse it is much more convenient not to have to bring the external mouse around when I transport it And since I m a college student I need to get around with my laptop quite often I don t believe it is anything related to the hardware because it stopped working when the software apparently magically disappeared I would really like to solve this problem If anyone knows of anything please let me know If there is some detail I should mention that would help please also let me know Thanks Minus nbsp

A:Gateway MT6840: Synaptics Touchpad stopped working

Well, I decided to reboot again and go into the BIOS. I did, changing absolutely nothing (even choosing the "discard changes" exit option), logged onto Windows, and the problem was solved.

I have no idea how that worked, but it did.

I can't find a delete thread option, so if an admin is reading this, go ahead and just delete this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-mt6840-synaptics-touchpad-stopped-working.90883/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Gateway Solo 9550 laptop that I currently purchased a new 30gb HD for. There is an adapter that fits between the HD pins and the slot on the laptop itself. To make a long story short, while I was swapping out drives I managed to loose a couple pins out of the adapter. I was wondering if anyone out there has had this problem before and would know where I could pick up a new adapter? I thought this would be my best bet before calling up Gateway and paying top dollar for this part. Thanks!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-hd-adapter.273334/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi my name is Anthony and I ve been having a problem with my laptop since last Thursday Laptop -- Help Needs My Troubles O.S. Gateway Your I was in the middle of using Photoshop and not connected to the Internet when all of a sudden my screen froze and it then displayed that dreaded blue screen everyone hates After My Gateway Laptop Needs Your Help -- O.S. Troubles this happened I rebooted my computer and clicked on the option to go back to the last known good configuration After this happened it did a check My Gateway Laptop Needs Your Help -- O.S. Troubles of what was wrong and displayed a list of unreadable files in the registry It was a long list When I rebooted again I was shocked to see that there was now a black screen that said quot Operating System Not Found quot but I guess that s what s to be expected after those many unreadable files in the registry Well anyway I then did a search online that recommended getting out my Windows XP installation CD The only problem with this is that my laptop has trouble reading certain disks so it wouldn t read the original Windows installation CD So what I did was burned a new copy at work When I put the CD into the computer it would start loading up some of the Windows files After doing this a few times each time it would never completely finish to the point of repairing the Operating System Sometimes now if I even try to put the copy of the installation CD in the drive won t seem to read it fast enough to get me to the quot Windows Setup quot screen I then became worried that my Hard drive may be the problem I read that if the BIOS doesn t detect a hard drive that it could be bad But I just checked my BIOS and under IDE O Master it says quot Toshiba MK GAS- PM quot --which is the hard drive Before this I also opened up the slot that contains my hard drive yesterday to make sure it was snapped in properly I also opened up the memory slot and tried to take out the memory and replace it back in but since it was so hard to unsnap I just left it alone All the memory and everything is being picked up in the BIOS though Does anyone have a good possible solution to this I really feel lost and like a loser without my laptop especially if I can t get all my important animation files on it that I didn t have time to back up Specs Gateway SD Laptop Intel Pentium Processor GHz G B Hard drive nbsp

A:My Gateway Laptop Needs Your Help -- O.S. Troubles

Is it possible for you to get your hands on a legal copy of your OS and use that cd instead of a copy of it. Most times unless you make an ISO copy of the CD it will not copy all of the files you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-gateway-laptop-needs-your-help-o-s-troubles.586137/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
I am trying to fix a Gateway MX3702 Notebook for a suitemate of mine. When it starts up, it loads the initial Gateway bootscreen, and then goes to a black screen for approximately 5-10 minutes. After that a loading bar appears across the bottom of the screen, and it takes about 30 more minutes to fully load. After that load XP starts up fine and there are no other discernable problems.
It is a clean install of XP after a complete reformat; I was thining it might have something to do with a corrupt NTLDR file but I replaced it with the recovery console to no avail.
Any ideas would be appreciated greatly.
Thanks in advance.

A:Gateway Laptop not booting

Any ideas whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-not-booting.794343/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have had a gateway laptop for the past year turn laptop gateway on won't and it has worked great until just recently About two weeks ago when I turned it on it got stuck on the windows loading page It would stop trying to load and turn off and say that there was a problem turning the computer on so I tried using the gateway autofix That did not work so I did a complete recovery from factory settings and the computer seemed to be working fine Then about four days later the same thing happened and I again recovered with factory settings Then two days later when i turned it on the computer never made it to the loading windows page The computer just goes to the gateway screen that says press F for settings and press F for boot options and then it turns black gateway laptop won't turn on The fan sounds like it is going and there is a quiet buzzing sound but it does not leave the black screen Now i can't even use the recovery tool I can press F and F but when i try to hit F for the recovery options the computer just beeps When i press any button after the screen goes black it just beeps The computer has Microsoft Vista home premium Can anyone help me with this problem I am a college student and I have no money to buy a new laptop or even pay a lot to get this one fixed Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:gateway laptop won't turn on

i suggest you check the fan and air ducts are clean and free of dust etc if they are blocked this will cause overheating and the comp will shut down ther may be other things that can be tried to help you but for now that is all i can think of hope it helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gateway-laptop-wont-turn-on-339742.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all, a friend of mine had me take a look at her gateway solo 1450 because she said that when it booted she would get a message stating the OS was not found. I looked at it, and it has booted every time but once (30 different boots). The one time it didn't the BIOS did not recognize the hard drive as being present. Its a tough problem because its very hard to duplicate the error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. She is running Windows XP Home edition.
Thanks,

Justin

A:OS Not Found Gateway Laptop

the first thing that you should do will be to download the diagnostic utility for your hard drive you can usually find it on the manufacturer's web site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-not-found-gateway-laptop.341607/
Relevancy 43.43%

My dad found this random laptop at the junkyard today and it looks to be in good condition and it's a nice laptop, but it will not turn on. I thought it was the battery, but it's been on the charger all evening and it still won't do more than flash the screen for a split second and the power button and then shut off every time I try. I googled it and tried doing the whole hold the power button for 30 seconds thing but no luck there either. Is there anything else I could try? It'd be nice to take this "trash" notebook and get it running.

A:Gateway laptop will not turn on

Things are often at the junkyard for a reason. It could be that the charger or charging circuit is no good. I guess that would be the best scenario. Only way to tell is to get a new charger or bring it somewhere. It all costs money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-will-not-turn-on.995965/
Relevancy 43.43%

I previously had one of the Win Virut viruses on my laptop and I installed ESET NOD then later on BitDefender to remove it but since then alot of software stopped working and I was getting errors when I tried reinstalling some of the software I previously had on my laptop I decided to reinstall windows and start over since I already had all my data stored elsewhere The problem now is that my laptop has a built-in recovery partition that reinstalls windows without a cd and XP Re-install laptop Cannot Gateway on when I try to use it the process starts up and I get this error-------------------- F STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down Even when I use the Gateway OS Disc that came with the laptop I get that same message I downloaded a Windows XP cd to try and bypass the internal reinstallation process but when it Cannot Re-install XP on Gateway laptop loads up and begins the process I then get this errorWindows XP Professional SetupSetup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected Cannot Re-install XP on Gateway laptop to your computer and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program Setup cannot continue To quit Setup Press F I found this even stranger because the system loads up like normal and operates as normal since I removed the virus over months ago I personally would like to use some of my previously installed software as well as use newer ones but I cant do that because XP is not being re-installed on my laptop ANY SOLUTIONSGateway MX Bios Phoenix Tech LTD ver GB RAM Upgradable to GB Intel reg Core CPU T GHzWindows XP Media Center Professional SP Philips DVD -RW SDVD

A:Cannot Re-install XP on Gateway laptop

Not sure why the error when attempting to install from the recovery partition. First suggestion is to contact Gateway tech support. At the very least they should be able to send you the recovery CDs at a minimal cost.

How ever, I looked up the specs to your lap top. It has a SATA hard drive. When installing XP (not sure where you got it from?) it requires drivers to to be preloaded for the SATA interface.

They should be downloaded from the Gateway site for you specific make\model\OS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253161/cannot-re-install-xp-on-gateway-laptop/
Relevancy 43.43%

My daughter just started college and her laptop is here with me. Everytime she goes to use it or shall I say move it when she is on it the whole pc shuts off the screen goes out too. We try to call Gateway but they are so rude and unwilling to help becaue the warrany is up and wont talk with out a credit card number to charge a fee. It's crazy. Could there be a battery problem or an electrical problem?

Is there something to do to troubleshoot? As I stated above the computer will be on and running normal. If we move it a certain way the entire pc will just shut off and the screen goes black and you have to reboot the whole pc.

A:Solved: Gateway Laptop HELP.....

This doesn't sound like a battery issue. Does it do this running just on battery, or does it do the same thing with A/C power?

It sounds to me more like some internal connection problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gateway-laptop-help.749018/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello out there. I currently upgraded my HD in my Gateway Solo 9550 to a 30G drive. Well, there is this adapter than goes between the HD pins and the slot on the laptop itself. To make a long story short, while replacing the hard drive I managed to loose a couple pins out of the adapter. Does anyone know any place to get one besides Gateway. I would like to give the internet world a try before I get stuck paying premium price for something really simple. Any help will be better than what I've got right now........dead laptop.

A:Gateway Laptop HD adapter

i tried a search on google for
Gateway Solo 9550 partsClick to expand...

and got quite a few parts - i cannot recommend any as I dont have a gateway and get parts from a local computer fair which runs each month

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-hd-adapter.271366/
Relevancy 43.43%

the dvd rom drive its not working or wont show on my computer the computer its a gateway mt3705 ,on the device manager shows an exclamation point ,(windows cannot strt this device because it its registry is damage or imcomple code 19) i boot up a windows vista upgrade and it boot up from it ,but i want to know if i have to reinstall windows or i could fix this problem without restoring it. thanks

A:Gateway Laptop Dvd/cd Rom Problem

I think that you have a problem with driver. Try to find a driver for you DVDRom, install it. That'll be fine again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126787/gateway-laptop-dvdcd-rom-problem/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I have a gateway Laptop model number MT3422, the video card is integrated on the motherboard i am assuming. I believe the card has gone bad as i have nothing on the screen, and the external monitor jack has nothing either. What optiosn do i have for this? Is there any replacing this video if its integrated to the board? Any help is appreciated!

A:Gateway Laptop Issues please help!

The only option is to replace the motherboard on 99% of laptops.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-issues-please-help.1006722/
Relevancy 43.43%

i have acer gateway laptop.everything was working fine but suddenly my touch pad stp working.Please tell me how to resolve this issue.  thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

i have acer gateway laptop.everything was working fine but suddenly my touch pad stp working.Please tell me how to resolve this issue.  thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Everyone I have a Windows laptop it has two network connections - one that I use at work it is a hard wired connection by DHCP - where the server laptop Gateway IP Invalid my on automatically Invalid Gateway IP on my laptop assigns an I P address and the other wi-fi which I use at home again by DHCP where my modem router assigns an I P address Recently I performed a Windows update whilst at home - connected to my wi-fi network and now when I take my laptop to work I am unable to connect to the internet The Windows server knows that my computer is there and I can access network shares Invalid Gateway IP on my laptop however I can't browse the web I had a look at my network settings by quot ipconfig all quot and discovered that my quot hard wired quot connection is being supplied an invalid Gateway I P Other computer on the network are not receiving an invalid Gateway As a temporary fix I have entered a static IP however I am wondering if anybody knows what may cause my laptop to be assigned an incorrect Gateway IP particularly when other computers on the work network are not experiencing this issue Any help will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo

A:Invalid Gateway IP on my laptop

You could system restore to before the update was applied and see if that cures it. Then investigate which of the updates caused the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177068-invalid-gateway-ip-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I have a gateway m-73 laptop. Recently when I try turning it on, all the indicator lights start flickering (power button light, wireless indicator light etc). THe screen also flickers but there is no display being shown. I figured the problem would be the laptop since I tried swapping the RAM modules and test the HDD.

Please help me identify the main cause of this problem.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-problem.983964/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Gateway laptop that won't boot up properly. Sometimes it will go to the Windows screen that has the bar at the bottom like it is loading and then it will just restart. But here lately it has been just going to the screen that asks if you want to start in safe mode and all the other choices. But it just locks up and won't go from there. I think that my hard drive is messed up. I just ordered a new hdd. Can I just change the hdd to fix it or is it something else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-issues.685099/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am repairing a Gateway NV50a laptop for my neice. I have everything done except Antivrus and a new DVD drive. I need advice on where to buy the drive. I am totally not confident about getting the right thing online. The drive is toshiba TS-L633F / ACBFZ. Is the last part of that significant? I find lots of TS-L633F online but the last part is different. Also some are selling the drives bare bones where you reuse some rails and frame. The problem with the old drive is that it comes completely out of the laptop, so I'm afraid with a bare bones drive I'll have the same problem. Can I buy the complete drive from Gateway?

Thanks in advance
Lee

A:Gateway laptop dvd writer

If you examine the DVD drive you may notice there is a plastic surround and a connection adaptor that both screw onto the 'barebones' drive. If they are present you can usually unscrew them and then screw them onto any laptop Optical drive. The only other thing to check is the height of the drive, 12mm is standard but there are some 9.5mm ones.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-dvd-writer.1060876/
Relevancy 43.43%

Computer was slow; used Quad Reg. Cleaner, rebooted but went to "safe boot" screen; selected 1st item "Safe boot" but the loading stops on crcdisk.sys with a "please wait" message. Removed and replaced the battery and selected "Normal boot." It booted but nothing works, not even the keyboard and touchpad; used the "on screen keyboard" to key in the password but after the desktop comes up, it can't find the network; can't access Control Panel although I can access change/remove programs; can't reset the system to a previous point. Any advice will be appreciated.

A:Gateway Laptop gone crazy

hello:

---here is our Vista-Forum-Tutorial page--->System Restore - How to---

---please post your results---thank you---

peace

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230475-gateway-laptop-gone-crazy.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My Gateway Laptop dims & hums, off & on. The full brightness will come back to the screen & the hum will stop for a few seconds, then start again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-problem.1170654/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,

I have a hp pavillion lap top and with the lap top came, the OS Windows XP operating system cd and the driver/software cd. I have a gateway laptop, which has crashed, can I use the above cd's that came with the HP Pavillion on the Gateway?

My only concern realy, is the drivers and software, which I may or may I, get from the gateway website.

Yes, I am trying to save 20.00, but 20.00 is a 1/4 tank of gas, which is a lot, when you have lost your job....

Thank you for your input!

A:Can I load my hp pc xp os onto a gateway laptop

I would not...but it's your system and you can do what you like with it.

Legally? No, if you read the terms of sale.

Gateway disks are made for Gateway systems, HP disks are made for HP systems...they are not tranferrable to systems made by a different manufacturer. They plan it that way.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290458/can-i-load-my-hp-pc-xp-os-onto-a-gateway-laptop/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all I am having a huge problem with a gateway mt b Some of the hardware is starting to corrupt eg keyboard pressing more than one key at once I've tried all i can do reinstalling drivers removing trojans and spyware etc I decided the best thing to do would be to restore the computer to factory settings however the boot menu pressing F on startup doesn't have an option to restore the computer it only has options to boot from Resetting gateway laptop disk from lan or exit setup I have also tried gateway's F on boot and this still doesn't work I have tried to find gateway recovery management Resetting gateway laptop on the computer but to my surprise it wasn't installed and when I try to install it i got a message saying quot eRecovery can not be installed - Bootable File quot The disk drive doesn't work either so booting it from disk is out of the question I just want to know how Resetting gateway laptop to restore this laptop to factory settings so if anybody has any suggestions that would Resetting gateway laptop be greatly appreciated because I have exhausted all options that I can think of Thanks

A:Resetting gateway laptop

Contact Gateway support and purchase replacement recovery DVDs. The cost is usually about $25 -

https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=gateway

Wipe the HDD with KillDisk, then use new recovery disc to reinstall Vista.

KillDisk - http://jcgriff2.com/0x1/killdisk_imgburn.html

Happy Holidays !

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/resetting-gateway-laptop-538177.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My master volume was significantly low while watching a movie. I went into the sounds application in Windows 7 64 Bit and I was able to increase the master volume. I then increased another level, but at this point, I am not positive what it was. However, after I moved the gauge to the right, the machine started making an extremely high pitched noise. It was so high that I panicked and shut the machine off by pressing and holding the power button. Now, I am unable to boot my machine up at all. When I turn the power on, it goes to the Windows emblem and it simply sticks there.

PLEASE HELP ME> THANK YOU

A:Gateway Laptop Won't Boot Up???

and welcome to the Forum

Try taking the battery out and disconnecting from power for a few minutes . . then reassemble and see if it will boot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gateway-laptop-wont-boot-up-576872.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am trying to figure out how to disable the touchpad on my machine. It seems I am constantly brushing the touchpad and sending the cursor in places I wish it wouldn't go.

I have tried rightclicking on the desktop and going to personalize, but I don't find a setting for the touchpad under the device manager/mouse properties.

Appreciate any help given.

A:Gateway Laptop touchpad

I replied to you in your other thread.

Please don't submit multiple threads for the SAME issue.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-touchpad.1083773/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a gateway laptop that I want to install windows xp pro on. I get it to boot and it gets to the point of being ready to install then I get a blue screen that is a stop screen. It keeps telling me disable BIOS shadowing. I have looked every where in the bios and do not see this. I want to be able to use this computer but so far nothing is working the way I want it to. Gateway will not help me because they say it is not in their scope of support.
I have installed a second hard drive also and tried to boot to that drive and use it.
But no luck.
I know this may not get answered but if anyone can help me will you.
Thank you
Tammy

A:Gateway Laptop Pseries

Read your manual on how to enter Bios and look for an entry that uses wording like 'xx is cacheable' with options to ' Enable Disable' and select Disable.

DO NOT change anything else.

edit: look at section 3.3.5 here (it is for Debian but explains what is going on);

http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/ch-preparing.en.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-pseries.116400/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a gateway laptop in there is a problem on it....when i turn on it says "check cable connection
PX3-E63: ERROR WHILE INITIALIZING THE NIC
PXE-MOF:EXITING INTEL PXE ROM
NO BOOTABLE DEVICE INSERT BOOT DISK AND PRESS ANY KEY"

Relevancy 43.43%

I reinstalled windows xp on a gateway MP8708, I downloaded the sata hard drive controller from gateway on a 3 1/2 disk and got the OS to load and then when the computer went to restart it can not find a hard drive. What do I do now it will just keep trying to restart and cannot find C:windows?

Relevancy 43.43%

Whats up TSG! I have a Gateway 600YGR laptop with XP Pro, 512mb ram(2 chips) and 60GB hd. Here is my problem: When I boot up the laptop, it takes forever for me to even click on anything on the desktop to run them. When I finally do, it freezes...I mean no mouse, no HD activityno nothing! So as you may have figured, I have to do a cold boot but when I do, the laptop wont even complete the boot process. It will hang at the splash screen. I have to leave the laptop off for about 4-5 mins before I can boot again and actually get to the desktop! I can then work for about another 2 mins before it freezes again. I thought it may be memory so I removed each chip and tested (256mb chips, 2 of them). No good. You think HD is failing?

A:Gateway laptop freezing

No. this sounds to me as though the heatsink has not bee fitted properly and/or the fan is not working. It certainly sounds as though it is overheating very quickly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-freezing.226961/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have no video on my Gateway laptop. It (the video) would not come on and then it did come on once. Now it will not come on at all. I know that the laptop is coming on. Just no video. I tried an external monitor but still no video. Please help? Is it possible that the drivers need updating? I don't know... please help? Thanks

A:No video on Gateway Laptop

- try safemode
as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode - see if that works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-on-gateway-laptop.1083331/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Gateway M320 laptop running XP - SP2 installed April 12 - on which the fax feature was not pre-installed. When I try to add it using "add Windows components " the Windows XP Professional CD is requested, but all I have is the restore DVD provided by Gateway - which apparently doesn't have the files. What can I do?

A:can't install fax on gateway laptop

Have you got an folder called i386 in your c:\drive?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16413/cant-install-fax-on-gateway-laptop/
Relevancy 43.43%

My gateway m-6843 laptop was smoking. This happened when i plug the charger in it. It started sparking so i took the charger out. I pluged it back in the next day and it started smoking. Took the charger out and left it alone for a while. Turn it on and it said check cpu fan. I checked the fan and turned it back on. The laptop turned on then the battery went dead. Tryed charging it and it wont charge. Its not smoking anymore but it smells. Dont know what is wrong with it. PLEASE HELP!!!

Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Gateway MX that shut down and never turned back on The crashed laptop Gateway system specs are provided at the following website http support gateway com s Mobile Q BladeK F Rsp shtml I had originally bought this laptop for my girlfriend but after haivng it for a few months while she was sitting at a table powering it on it completely shut off like the power Gateway laptop crashed was cut and and never turned on When she got it home I proceded to isolate the issue In doing so I checked the voltage from the adapter and it was opperating within required range I also took the laptop apart since it s past its warrenty to see if the DC jack had simply broke loose but found it to be secured with good solder points After researching ebay I was able to find another motherboard and since I was able to pick it up for about dollars instead of - I went for it Once I received it i replaced the motherboard with the newly arrived one When I pressed the power butt vala it began to turn on Well almost As it began to load windows it just shut down like before to never come on again hmm I was stumped Something attached rather than integrated is causing the motherboard to blow but what There are only a few other items that are only attached let alone causing the issue I can t see any of the items such as ram wi-fi adapter hdd exc that are attached causing the system to no longer receive power I sent it in to Laptop Repair Co to be quoted a repair but they wanted well over dollars to repair it At the current laptop prices it s nearly useless to repair one at the that price Even then lets assume they repaired the motherboard Who s to say that it wont just blow again and then they ll charge me more to repair it and repair whatever is causing it Again not worth it However if I get luck to be able to pick up another mobo then I d like to be able to fix it by detaching what could be causing it to blow like it is Anyway any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Gateway laptop crashed

Hi chart2006,

Since you seem to be technically minded, if you really want to troubleshoot the problem:
Buy a really cheat motherboard.
Verify that it powers on.
Plug in the memory. Wait to see if it stays good.
Plug in the HDD. Wait to see if it stays good.

By now I think something will have blown the motherboard.
So now you know the probably cause of your problem i.e. the last thing you plugged it.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-crashed.810956/
Relevancy 43.43%

I need help: My Gateway laptop freezes and I cannot open links even when not frozen.. Any sugestions, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-gateway-laptop-freezes.1068144/
Relevancy 43.43%

sorry forgot i didn't include the tsf vista support file

Windows 7 x64
Bought in 2008 Q3/4
new fresh install of 7
Intel t9500
geforce 8800m
gateway 6860fx
4 gb ram
dual 320gb hdd raid 0

I am getting an intermittent BSOD code 124. I tried nvidia's newest win 7 drivers, Intel's newest wifi drivers havn't tried sound drivers yet. unable to access minidump to upload here.. nvm i got it

I notice it happens more when i'm using youtube or any other flash based site.

I had thought it was due to my upgrading from vista, which is why i did a fresh install with a new raid setup (no raid prior)

thanks -- alex

A:BSOD 124 gateway laptop

just BSODed again... 4th time today

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA80060E6038
BCP3: 00000000B6200005
BCP4: 000000000002010A

i was just typing a response on facebook, when all of a sudden BSOD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-124-gateway-laptop-468992.html
Relevancy 43.43%

my gateway 7234 is working in safe mode for 5 minutos and sudden is turn off
thanks for yours help

A:my laptop gateway 7234

Is it a new lap top?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325511/my-laptop-gateway-7234/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a gateway mt6828 laptop that will not charge or power on. I don't know what's wrong. It's not a virus issue. Ik that

any ideas?

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, I am new to the site and am having some issues with my gatewat MT3422, I dont know too much about laptops especially gateways so bare with me. I plugged it in it charges, it fires up (I think as all the lights turn on) But there is no screen, i tried hooking up an external monitor and pressing F4. The external monitor turns from amber to green on the power button but still no display. So my question is does this have an onboard video card? IS there any fixes for this? It has a Nvidia in it the sticker says anyways? Looking for some assistance here on options or how to tell if its the card or the screen? I tried a flashlight in the screen and dont see anything. Please help! Oh and its running Vista home Prem.

A:gateway laptop Video??

The Video is integrated on the motherboard. As far as firing up, do you hear the normal windows startup sound when it would be reaching the desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-video.1006078/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Gateway MX that I bought a little over years ago My year old Autistic child threw it on the couch during a meltdown and now it won t turn on I had purchased Laptop Gateway won't turn on the year warranty through Gateway but missed the yr mark by months so it s no longer under Gateway Laptop won't turn on warranty I pulled off the battery and the indicator on the back when pressed shows it is charged However no AC adapter lights come on when plugged in The computer makes no sounds at all no fans nothing I check the power cord with a voltometer and it does get power The computer was working very well before this happened I have really no knowledge of laptops I did take off the back to see if anything was shaken out of place but from what I can see everything seems ok I know it s a long shot but if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it Thanks- Carol nbsp

A:Gateway Laptop won't turn on

You might need to remove the hard drive and memory and reinstall them. They could have gotten loose when the laptop hit the couch

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-wont-turn-on.125231/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, new to the forums..

So I have an issue with my Gateway MT6821 laptop. There are two LED lights on the front of the laptop. It is supposed to be pink while plugged in and charging and then turn blue when fully charged, which it used to do until about a month ago. Now it stays blue when it is charging or fully charged!!!! So I contacted Gateway and they sent me a replacement battery and still same issue. The battery charges and holds a charge, but for some reason the light is not working properly. Please help! this is something little, but really annoying to me..thanks in advance..

A:Gateway laptop problem!!

Do you have warranty? If so use it, laptop repairs aren't easy or cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-problem.648623/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Gateway laptop that won't boot up properly. Sometimes it will go to the Windows screen that has the bar at the bottom like it is loading and then it will just restart. But here lately it has been just going to the screen that asks if you want to start in safe mode and all the other choices. But it just locks up and won't go from there. I think that my hard drive is messed up. I just ordered a new hdd. Can I just change the hdd to fix it or is it something else?

A:Gateway laptop issues

Oh, and when I press enter for it to start up normally it has bars at the bottom like to show how far it is going through the process and it just stops and won't go any farther. It does this every time.

Thanks!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-issues.685105/
Relevancy 43.43%

Okay I have a gateway laptop and really slow Gateway My is laptop it is extremely slow I have just finished a highjackthis scan and I don t know what files are safe to remove This is what I came up with Is this what is causing my computer to run slow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Gateway traybar My Gateway laptop is really slow exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x EKIJ MUI exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Gateway CEC MAIN exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files BearShare Applications BearShare BearShare exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH HSN amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M T- R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH HSN amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M T- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH HSN amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M T- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp SubCH HSN amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M T- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender msascui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot c program files windows defender msascui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot O - HKLM Run Camera Assistant Software quot C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Gateway traybar exe quot O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-gateway-laptop-is-really-slow.846578/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a gateway laptop the model number is NV59C63u. The operating system is windows 7. I was on facebook and I closed it for it to go into sleep mode. Around 15 mins later the laptop started making beeping noises and it had never went into sleep mode. I furthered opened up to the laptop for it to keep restarting and prompting the gateway window, then it went to a password which I had set. I was trying to fix it later on and the password I couldn't enable or disable it. So I put in the password and then I followed it by the enter button hoping it would disable it. Now I don't have a password to enter to even get into the F2. Is there anyway to wipe the system out or fix it? Thanks for hearing my problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-help-needed.1043292/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am trying to figure out how to disable the touchpad on my Gateway Laptop. It seems I am constantly brushing the touchpad and sending the cursor in places I wish it wouldn't go.

I have tried rightclicking on the desktop and going to personalize, but I don't find a setting for the touchpad under the device manager/mouse properties.

Appreciate any help given.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3960 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1852 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 233347 MB, Free - 52808 MB; D: Total - 233349 MB, Free - 233241 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway,
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Relevancy 43.43%

hello my laptop is working fine but acting strangely when I am on the internet Internet explorer open Gateway be ? Laptop may hijacked websites I did not request and also I am receiving the messages that security is blocking content I spent time with the norton Gateway Laptop may be hijacked ? help desk and they remotely assessed my computer and told me all issues were resolved but I am still having the same problems I have ran the programs recommended before posting and have included the logs Thank you for your help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon TM HD G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway SJV -SB Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Norton Management Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Program Files x NTI Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine NIS exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x VMware VMware Player hqtray exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe C Program Files x Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x NCR Passport Web Edition pwecsrvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x CyberLink MediaEspresso DeviceDetector DeviceDetector exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Denise Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www bing com pc MAGW R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http searchy easylifeapp com pid amp src ie amp r amp hid amp lg EN amp cc US R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - CDATA function t e r n c a p try t document currentScript function for t document getElementsByTagName 'script' e t length e-- if t e getAttribute 'data-cfhash' return t e if t c t previousSibling p t parentNode if a c getAttribute 'data-cfemail' for e '' r ' x' a substr n a length-n n e ' ' ' ' ' x' a substr n r toString slice - p replaceChild document createTextNode decodeURIComponent e c p removeChild t catch u - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO DigiiCCoupoN - CDATA function t e r n c a p try t document currentScript function for t document getElementsByTagName 'script' e t length e-- if t e getAttribute 'data-cfhash' return t e if t c t previousSibling p t parentNode if a c getAttribute 'data-cfemail' for e '' r ' x' a substr n a length-n n e ' ... Read more

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all I have searched through this site and haven t found a situation that specifically addresses the issue that I am having I am working on an older Gateway laptop that has all of the original installation discs that includes WinXP Pro I am attempting to reinstall WinXP Pro onto this system to no avail It continually stops w not reinstalling onto Pro Laptop Gateway XP minutes left during quot Finalizing Installation quot quot Saving Settings quot Here is a short break down of what I have done so far Using installation discs a Booted to CD ROM selected to completely erase OS from HD b Rebooted to CD ROM selected automatic installation c Followed XP Pro not reinstalling onto Gateway Laptop all prompts and all went well until the dreaded minute break Contacted online support from Gateway Was directed to follow written instructions from their website if install still ceases download GWSCAN and boot from floopy to scan HD for problems a Performed reinstall using suggested instructions same lock-up minutes left b Downloaded software and scanned HD no problems c Tried install again still no joy d Scan software also allows to write zeros on entire drive so I tried this rescanned after write process no errors found tried reinstall again still no joy Contacted online support again and updated situation asking if there was a way to download new installation software since current discs could be bad Was told to again try installation using printed instructions how redundant can they be and if this didn t work then I needed to PURCHASE new OS because they didn t support the installation discs that came with this system anymore They indicated that I could purchase ANY OS disc to install on this system Now my questions are Is Gateway blowing smoke can I load any OS onto a Gateway system I was led to believe that Gateways required PROPRIETARY software and I don t want to waste time purchasing installing OS and find out it won t work Has anyone had this same problem and found a way to work through this final stage of installation Can this installation disc be repaired in anyway so I don t have to spend money i e maybe copy to HD of another system affect fix reburn to CD and try again I am open to your inputs on helping fix this problem Thanks in advance Big DIV nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Where can I buy a recovery cd for a gatewy NV54 Laptop ?

A:recovery cd for a gateway laptop

Hello, You can buy it/them from the Acer store (Acer, Gateway and eMachines erecovery media).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/recovery-cd-for-a-gateway-laptop/td-p/415378/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.43%

I own a Gateway NV laptop Usually it laptop, OS failure Gateway has an error where it has a blank screen upon startup About half the time it works and the other half it doesn t run only the wifi button and power light turns on Yesterday it stopped working whatsoever yet the same lights were on so I plugged it into my Gateway laptop, OS failure TV via HDMI and got an error message on startup which included Media checkup has failed failure to load OS I did drop it yesterday but lightly There was no cosmetic damage at all and it was a light fall but I can t think of another reason for its sudden failure I ve gathered that it could be a broken LED screen a hard drive failure or even a loose cable within the laptop due to dropping it I can provide any other information necessary upon request but I am at a loss here Any information would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Gateway laptop, OS failure

When a computer is dropped any number of things could of been damaged.i would take it somewhere to see just how bad and if its worth fixing at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-os-failure.1073958/
Relevancy 43.43%

From what I can tell its a modem related error but i physically removed the delphi d modem and reformatted only to occasionally still have the same error just not as often now BAD_COOL_CALLER else a Gateway Anyone a laptop? w/ had it only happens while running utorrent last time i had this error Anyone else had a BAD_COOL_CALLER w/ a Gateway laptop? i made an attempt to DL current Anyone else had a BAD_COOL_CALLER w/ a Gateway laptop? drivers for everything w driver genius pro once i installed the program and ran it w all the new drivers it worked flawlessly for about a week no BSOD crashes but then suddenly they started occurring every hour while operating utorrent and certain websites im not at that PC right now but ill be sure to post the exact error message along with the model number of the laptop to see if anyone else is experiencing this any ideas in the mean time im assuming its due to gateway not rushing to add windows support to certain pieces of hardware allowing pretty much everything i have right now to be work flawlessly only w vista

A:Anyone else had a BAD_COOL_CALLER w/ a Gateway laptop?

Quote: Originally Posted by oceanxblake

From what I can tell its a modem related error, but i physically removed the delphi d40 modem and reformatted, only to occasionally still have the same error (just not as often)

now it only happens while running utorrent.

last time i had this error i made an attempt to DL current drivers for everything w/ driver genius pro. once i installed the program and ran it w/ all the new drivers it worked flawlessly for about a week (no BSOD crashes) but then suddenly they started occurring every hour while operating utorrent and certain websites.

im not at that PC right now but ill be sure to post the exact error message along with the model number of the laptop to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
any ideas in the mean time?
im assuming its due to gateway not rushing to add windows 7 support to certain pieces of hardware, allowing pretty much everything i have right now to be work flawlessly only w/ vista.

Its probably utorrent. go into event viewer (type event viewer in search) and see if there are any errors in the app tab relating to the problem

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/21718-anyone-else-had-bad_cool_caller-w-gateway-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys I've come to a will laptop NV Gateway - not boot small Gateway NV laptop - will not boot problem with a recently purchased laptop I paid bucks for this thing knowing it has some issues so no big loss if Gateway NV laptop - will not boot it can't be fixed For starters some basic information Gateway NV u running windows GB hd sata if that matters with gb of ram this is all the information i have As far as i know it has a factory installation of windows but i do not know if it's bit or bit Right now i get the gateway logo with the boot and bios menu options then it goes to the menu screen with boot options since it keeps getting manually turned off I have tried getting it to boot in safe mode safe mode with networking and normal mode the safe mode boot will bring up a screen with a white bar that states loading windows files but nothing happens goes to a black screen and wont do anything after that attempting to boot in normal mode takes me to the normal windows screen where the four small color balls form the windows logo but the logo will not form it freezes and then goes to a black screen I have taken the hard drive out and placed in my desktop to see if there is even anything on this drive the previous owner stated that his brother had removed the drive to remove his files and transfer them to the new computer my win xp system loads the drive and shows the normal windows system folders and stuff there is almost gigs of data on the drive I tried to get it to boot up on a sata USB cable adapter but would not show up on this laptop im using another windows machine Im kind of stumped as to where to go from here I dont have any windows CD's to try and re install the system nor do i have any system recovery disks any ideas if this is a software or hardware issue thanks in advance

A:Gateway NV laptop - will not boot

I would test that hard drive with MHDD for hardware errorshttp://hddguru.com/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492376/gateway-nv-laptop-will-not-boot/