Windows Support Forum

I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display?

Q: I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display?

I am using a ASROCK Z Video Patchy Display? have and I Random BSD Pro Intel Socket with an Intel Core i K GB of I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display? DDR RAM ADATA GB SSD My brother wanted me to test his GPU NVIDIA GeForce TI and this is when my system started to go hay wire I Tested my PSU That passed my system tester I then used my MOBO Tester no error codes to be worried about I am just questioning either the RAM or the CPU I am now using Intel's onboard GPU and is now doing the same thing as before It has crashed Windows Pro like almost once a day now It crashes with the white lines going across the screen distorting the display When I power cycle it comes back normal and I can use it The day I took out the NVIDIA TI I had my system crashed with a tone of beeps Stupid me never listened to the beeps code and it started fine after I cleared CMOS by removing the BIOS Battery I still had those lines show up I thought it was a virus as my system was running slower than normal and had a BSD with Security Check Error Message The next boot up I had an issue with a MemCheck Error But these BSD where with the GPU and not Onboard Since I took it out I haven't had any BSD My brother has that same NVIDIA GeForce TI Gard in his computer and it works fine and no errors Just wondering why I have to reset the BIOS to defaults every once in a while too I will be running my Memory tester as well to see if it may be bad RAM But something isn't running right My Power Source is a battery backup power supply and every once in a while it shows in windows that the battery is charging as my Power Strip has the USB Cable that connects to the computer and will shut down the computer if it lost power Perhaps this could be what wrong with it too One other question is there a software to test the SSD Performance Perhaps this could be the cause too

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display?

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
Should you have problems with the perfmon report, please disregard it (I don't use it very much anyway).
Should the app lock up for more than 15 minutes while searching for Network information (it does this in my copy of W10), go ahead and kill the app. 
Then navigate to the Documents folder and zip up the 18 reports in the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder - then upload that with your next post.
If that doesn't work, then you can try this new app (from a friend of mine):  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
***********************************************************************************************************

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598793/i-have-random-bsd-and-patchy-video-display/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello

System Specs:

HP/Compaq 8710p laptop
Windows XP SP3
Kaspersky Internet Security

Symptoms over past few months:

After using computer for many hours (8+) performance drastically degrades and the screen display eventually becomes patchy with text and graphics missing. At this point the computer is no longer functional and must be Shut Down. Sometimes a forced power off is required as it won't shut down normally.

After re-boot the computer is back to normal but the problem is consistent.

I occassionally get the "Blue Screen of Death" with reference to "nv4_disp.dll". This has happened approximately once every 3 months over the past year. Eventually I re-installed the Display driver but this hasn't changed the situation.

I have run Malwarebyte's Anti-malware and Kaspersky Anti-virus scans regularly.

Any ideas you have to help resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Becky

A:Performance degradation & video display becomes patchy

Have you noticed the machine getting hot when the graphics errors occur? Download Speedfan (free app) and monitor your CPU and more importantly your GPU temperatures. Check your temps with the operating temps on the chip manufacturers site. If yours are getting too hot it would explain the slow performance and graphics errors.

To resolve first check your fan is running properly and the fan and heatsink are clean from dust/hair. Also consider cleaning off the old thermal paste and applying a high quality paste to the chips.

What is the BSOD error code?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/performance-degradation-and-video-display-becomes-patchy-470592.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all I have installed a Win Ultimate RTM trial on my pc and connected it to my Internode NakedADSL Ultra net connection It is an Patchy streaming video flash Mbit connection with cat cables and when downloading a Patchy flash video streaming test file from Internode's servers pulls about kB s I have noticed ever since running that youtube and other video streaming sites including facebook collegehumour etc that the buffering is very patchy It does not seem to matter if it is a flash or vimeo or any other kind of video streaming Often times I will be watching a video and the progress bar will catch up with the buffering and simply stop buffering Then when I try to re-watch the video the already buffered material is in the cache and that is all that loads Patchy flash video streaming It does not continue buffering from where it stopped Very annoying I also have a machine with XP which buffers much quicker and with minimal interruptions Can anyone help with this and has anyone noticed the same thing

A:Patchy flash video streaming

Delete and/or wipe your Temporary Internet Files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28081-patchy-flash-video-streaming.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello TechSupportGuys I come No Video Crash Display After Random to you with an issue that I cannot find ANY information on across the internet Things to No Video Display After Random Crash know -I am using an Acer Aspire M on a Windows OS - GB storage space - GB RAM -I use an NVIDIA No Video Display After Random Crash GeForce GT graphics card -Both disc drives are nearly full -I have recently installed two video editing programmes day trials -For No Video Display After Random Crash about half a year my computer has had minor glitches when playing Youtube videos or music So I was on the surfing the internet and my monitor suddenly goes completely black The fan was still going and the lights were still on but I couldn t interract with the computer because I had no display whatsoever About an hour beforehand I had been converting some HD video files which was probably using up a lot of memory and I had been Skyping too The computer had been running a lot more slowly over the past couple of days but had shown no signs of being about to break So I turned the computer off and then tried to reboot it The Acer logo appeared but after that nothing else happened not even the start Windows normally screen The mouse still lit up and the computer seemed to be alive but it downright refused to display anything at all When I briefly tilted it however the display popped up for another millisecond I tried rebooting this morning at which point the Acer screen briefly flashed up I managed to start it up in safe mode and the core features of the computer appear to be working However when I tried to access the internet the error x appeared This may be completely irrelevant but every piece of information helps So we can basically rule out that the monitor is playing up which makes me wonder how far inside the computer the problem is hidden What do you think could be causing this issue Any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:No Video Display After Random Crash

Greetings Pal,

So first of all, I want to say kudos to you for the very detailed description of your problem. I will try my best to help you determine the cause of this issue as I will attempt to cross out some possible causes. This is not a solution to your problem however.

If I had to take an educated guess, Id have to say your drivers are the problem. Safe mode loads using the least amount of Drivers, therefore you will have to address this issue by going into "Device Manager" (Type it into the Start Menu) Look for any xs next to your driver and update. (This will not work unless ur select "Safe Mode with Networking."

My first possible attempt would be to get into safe mode again, control panel, and remove the two 30 day trail programs you downloaded. This should free up some space so that you can move around a little faster to determine the issue.

If this isnt the issue, your VGI cable could be the cause. In this case you'd have to buy a new cable but this is a last resort.

I hope I was able to guide you a Little towards finding your solution, Have a good day and keep me updated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-display-after-random-crash.1075539/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there What I mean by a patchy internet is I could disconnect from the internet for like mins and then come back on this could happen like times in a hour or times Now my household is a medium to heavy user s of the internet Me I rely on a good internet as I play poker for a living and also I like to play the PS so it s frustrating when the internet becomes patchy We have like devices that will use the modem most of them connect through wireless No one really streams anything or downloads music movies etc etc We recently changed ISP when we was with Patchy Internet our old ISP we never had any major problems like this We are also using the same router that we bought any help would be great Thanks in advance If you Patchy Internet have a question about anything post and I will get back to you as soon as I know the answer nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I'm sure a lot of people have this problem, and it's seriously killing me.

I don't normally notice it, but any time a game is loading or a song or video is buffering...it just stops. I know this is likely due to a short screwup in my connection.

What I don't know is why my internet bounces offline, then back on or how to fix it. I'm hoping I just need to put filters on all my phone jacks, which will be done shortly.

Please help, as I have run out of reliable sources.

I also have a wireless router, if that makes a difference.

A:Patchy connection

If you are using DSL and don't have filters on ALL the phone equipment EXCEPT the DSL modem, that's an obvious first step!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/patchy-connection.788417/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone Colours patchy, or (like 256) 16-bit this is my first post on Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) sevenforums Was on vistax Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) and switched to Win just about a week back The switch from Vista to was pretty easy unlike XP to Vista Now for my problem I was using a D-sub VGA cable to connect my graphics card to my display BIG Geforce GT to Bravia KLV- V A The cable was cheap and of poor quality I guess it had interference issues If they are of relevence i will post it later But now i changed to a DVI-D Dual Link - HDMI cable The Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) problems i had with the other cable are gone But now the colour gradients are not displayed properly Its like how you would see it in a -bit or colours display A patch of one shade then a patch of the next and not a gradual change It is not as noticable as mode but it is noticable Even on the login screen it can be observed What could be wrong I would be grateful for any help Thank you Adding some details Eg The blue on either side of this page has horizontal patches in the area that the gradation occurs My resolution x colour depth -bit Refresh rate Hz NVIDIA drivers downloaded just a week back I'm uploading two pictures The first desktop is just a simulation ie i saved the picture in colours just to show an exaggerated example of my problem The second i created a new black image and used a gradient tool I can see diagonal patches but im not sure if others will see it

A:Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256)

Is my problem that difficult or am i violating any forum rules?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107870-colours-patchy-like-16-bit-256-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I ve got an issue with connecting this PC via my wireless router to the internet It is a patchy issue that works at times and at others gives the messages quot Windows can t communicate with the device or resource Primary DNS Server quot and quot DNS server not responding quot I ve followed the three - issue Win with 7, DNS patchy server communicate can't steps recommended here Method does after some time seem to enable the Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue internet to connect but it seems to last a short while then revert to the error messages posted above This DNS error also happens on every startup and regularly thereafter I ve tried disabling firewalls antivirus etc and running malwarebytes spotbot ccleaner avast and adaware scans to no avail On occasion Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue when using the windows troubleshoot problems on the network toolbar it resets my network adapter and tells me the problem is solved Alternate times I do this it just provides the DNS server error above Due to the tempramental nature of this I ve been unable to resolve it completely but all other devices have no issues with connecting via the router so it s definitely a problem with this machine I have attached my ipconfig all file My system info is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V PRO Antivirus ZoneAlarm Antivirus Disabled All help gratefully appreciated Apologies if I ve missed anything important Edit I ve tried powering down the router modem and PC for a while then restarting it all but it didn t help I am also unable to start my PC in safe mode as the video driver doesn t run so the monitor goes black - this may be a limiting factor in my investigation nbsp

A:Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue

we will go over old ground i'm afraid here

1) you have zonealarm, as a virus product do you also have the firewall - make sure you remove all firewalls an use the removal tools - give us a list of what has ever been on the pc and we can give the tools address

2) have you gone to the manufactures website and updated the driver or actually re-installed the driver

3) quite a few things to try below
a) tcp/ip reset
b) ping tests - please do all three - would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
c) Change DNS servers and see if that resolves the issue
d) Uninstall the driver and re-install
e) Post an xirrus screen shot
f) Have you looked into channel interference - the xirrus screen shot will help with that
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.1.1
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the co... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-cant-communicate-with-dns-server-patchy-issue.1129505/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 7000 that I am using. Sometimes the cursor just sticks and won't move properly and I can't figure out why. I am trying to use it about 10-12 feet from the tower where the receiver is plugged in. When I use the mouse about 2 feet from the receiver it works fine. I thought this mouse was suppose to cover a 30 foot distance. I also have the router right next to the mouse's wireless receiver and not sure if the 2.4 GHZ Frequency interferes. I have tried new batteries and downloading updated drivers, but had no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse with patchy performance!

You have pretty much determined its a distance issue. Distance can vary by the quality of the hardware and any interference within the room. Not too mention it's a notebook mouse, so the primary concern wasn't in achieving great distance.

Is the receiver out in the open?

I know on my computer case, the case extends out beyond the rear USB ports for the receiver and the mouse hardly worked 2 ft away. It worked fine when attached to the front panel of the case, but that wasn't conveinent so I used a USB extension cable to move the receiver under my desk over by the mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-mouse-with-patchy-performance.1069462/
Relevancy 46.44%

It was working fine, a circuit tripped and the computer of course lost all power, I booted back up and got this error message when trying to watch live TV:

video error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctlyClick to expand...

Recorded TV plays fine, but live TV gives that error. It says to restart Media Center or restart the computer; I've tried both and neither resolved the error. ANY help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

UPDATE: I tried moving the tuner to another slot and still no success. Uninstall drivers and reinstalled, still nothing. This stinks. :'(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-error-files-needed-to-display-video-are-not-installed-or-not-working-correctly.750241/
Relevancy 46.44%

It was working fine, a circuit tripped and the computer of course lost all power, I booted back up and got this error message when trying to watch live TV:video error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctlyRecorded TV plays fine, but live TV gives that error. It says to restart Media Center or restart the computer; I've tried both and neither resolved the error. ANY help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!UPDATE: I tried moving the tuner to another slot and still no success. Uninstall drivers and reinstalled, still nothing. This stinks.

A:Video Error Files Needed To Display Video Are Not Installed Or Not Working Correctly

Hi, have you tried a system restore point before the loss of power?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169364/video-error-files-needed-to-display-video-are-not-installed-or-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, here's what I want to do. I want to send video output to a Plasma in my family room and also have output to the computer monitor in the adjacent office. I have the option of using either VGA or DVI to either monitor, so I can use a video card that has dual VGA/DVI outputs. Or, I can buy a separate PCI video card. Right now I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 7500.

Am I better off to get a new video card with dual monitor output or have two separate video cards. If the former, what video cards do you recommend? I know I've seen recommendations for the 9600 Pro, which seems to have dropped significantly in price? I'd like to stay with ATI as I've always used that.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hardware: IBM 380Z Type 2635-JGU HD: 20 Gb RAM: 160 Mb
300 MHz Clock
Notebook Computer

Software: MS-XP SP2 Media Player(s): MS-Media Player 10.00.00.3646
Power DVD Player

Media Used: DVD disk and video movie download (Cinemanow.com)

Issue: Video Display has slow update and loses frames on both DVDs and Video Movie downloaded files.

[1] The computer has always had this problem; this is not a new issue.

[2] I have tried adjusting the Display settings provide by XP with no measurable improvement.

[3] Sound is not affected and has good quality.

[4] When MS-Media Player is used and is minimized to the task bar (mini screen presentation) the Video Display quality improves, but is not acceptable.

[5] Only about half of Video Movie can be viewed. Image freezes and play button is enabled. When play is clicked, the Video Movie restarts from the beginning.

Does anyone have a suggestion, I am out of ideas.

A:Video Display has slow update and loses frames on both DVDs and Video Movie downloade

Wow, it just might be the ancient processor you have and the very small amount of Ram you have. Video really eats up resources and I think you dont have the power to run it without problems, The key here is that when you minimize your preview window in Media Player, you have less problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display-has-slow-update-and-loses-frames-on-both-dvds-and-video-movie-downloade.382647/
Relevancy 46.44%

So basically i did bunch of dual display setups before but using two video cards or using one video card with two outputs but this is the FIRST TIME im trying with a built in intergrated card and a PCI card.

Heres the issue.

I hooked up the PCI video card and when i plugg both monitors in, the intergrated video card gives a yellow exclamation point in the device manager and nothing shows up on the monitor. Only the PCI video card shows signal..

I tried un-installing both cards, redoing it from ground up, tried disabling and renabling both cards but only one monitor shows up and that is the PCI card.
What do you guys think?

Thanks

A:DUAL DISPLAY SETUP - PCI VIDEO CARD & INTERGRATED VIDEO.. Possible?

Check that the on-board video is enabled in the Bios.

It's possible you can't have both working at the same time, should be able to check this if you know what motherboard it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-display-setup-pci-video-card-intergrated-video-possible.667381/
Relevancy 46.44%

HI Everybody..
My name is shan and iam new to this forum.
i have a issue with my images and video not on the whole computer but the images which is transfered from a mobile. the message what i get is "this is not a valid image file" and "no preview available" with any image editor.
i erased the data on the phone and i have the data only on my hard disk.
i tried to upload but could not upload the files since it give an error as invalid image file or mp3 file.
Please, I need your help in fixing this issue...
let me know how to post those files and guide me in fixing this issue.

Thanks in advance

A:images and video dosent display(image & video corrupt)

what is the file type? if you right click on the file and click on properties it should pop up a screen and it would should something like this.(check my attachment for a visual aid =D)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/images-and-video-dosent-display-image-video-corrupt.933466/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi, recently my laptop wont display any video content on SVideo mode, but only if open with real player formats. Non real player format file works, like windows media player files works.
Before, my laptop does display real player contents, just now.

I need some help plz !

A:video wont display real player video

Preferences - Hardware - Video Compatibility - move the slider to 'Most Reliable'
to disable Optimized Video and Overlays.

Also,see deimos`s post HERE Maybe some use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-wont-display-real-player-video.86814/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all I am looking for some assistance as to what is causing my computer to crash It doesn't happen insanely often but the way it crashes makes me think there's a hardware issue going on I am mostly thinking it's either my CPU or one of my two graphics cards installed but I'd be more inclined towards the GPU being faulty The reason being is that the crashes happen mostly when I'm doing HD video playback or editing video or visual effects The software I use mostly is The Foundry's Nuke and Autodesk's Maya I also experience video lag spikes during this such as poor UI navigation within these software However I have HD 3D Video Playback, & and BSOD VFX Crashes diting, - Video Random tried stress testing my CPU and graphics cards for hours without any crashes and even performing fresh installs on the OS Win so I'm not entirely sure which piece of hardware is causing me these crashes and spikes Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Attached is the zip file Random BSOD and Crashes - VFX & Video diting, HD Video Playback, 3D including the dmp and driver information files as outlined in the forum If you need any other information about my system please let me know Once again thank you for all your Random BSOD and Crashes - VFX & Video diting, HD Video Playback, 3D help Hope to hear from you all soon

A:Random BSOD and Crashes - VFX & Video diting, HD Video Playback, 3D

Two of the three dumps blame your nVidia driver (the other dump is inconclusive), the first think to try would be going to NVidia's site and getting some different drivers and take it from there.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa801d52e4e0, fffff8800f937340, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+921340 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

11: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa801d52e4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800f937340, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+921340
fffff880`0f937340 48ff25f9bfecff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x7ed340 (fffff880`0f803340)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17298 (debuggers(dbg).141024-1500) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02935b88 fffff880`0fd53134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`1d52e4e0 fffff880`0f937340 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02935b90 fffff880`0fd26867 : fffff880`0f937340 fffffa80`1523b000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`02935bd0 fffff880`0fd52f43 : 00000000`ffffd846 ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`1d52e4e0 fffff880`02d6335a : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`02935c80 fffff880`02d6203d : fffffa80`1883f2d0 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`15090010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`02935d00 fffff800`0375c0ca : 00000000`02a89052 fffffa80`14c4ab50 fffffa80`12d839e0 fffffa80`14c4ab50 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`02935d40 fffff800`034b0be6 : fffff880`03331180 fffffa80`14c4ab50 fffff880`0333c1c0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`02935d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+921340
fffff880`0f937340 48ff25f9bfecff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x7ed340 (fffff880`0f803340)]

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+921340

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5457e833

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x116_image_nvlddmkm.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {1f9e0448-3238-5868-3678-c8e526bb1edc}

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359708-random-bsod-crashes-vfx-video-diting-hd-video-playback-3d.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Weird issue here my current setup MB MSI H MA-E B CPU i - k Video Integrated Intel HD Graphics GB Ram with except any reboots Random card video video integrated Crucial GB SSD Win Athena W PSU Model AP-MPS ATX Dual Asus VE monitors About a month ago I decided to upgrade my CPU from an i - to the current i - k At the time I had an old Radeon video card running monitors both hooked up to DVI Random reboots with any video card except integrated video After upgrading to the new CPU I would get random reboots watching any videos after about - minutes No BSOD no entries in the event viewer except for event id So I decided to hookup the integrated video on the motherboard and everything played fine and works like a champ Except one monitor was on HDMI and one on DVI I decided since the video card was old I would get a new one so I bought a Sapphire R - X put it in plugged both monitors into DVI and started getting the same random reboots I returned it and thought that maybe there was some conflict with AMD so I bought a Gigabyte GTX Put that in with both monitors on DVI and the reboots happen again I don't play any games I do watch live tv from my HDHomerun and use GoPro Studio quite a bit and that is when the reboots happen Don't happen when web surfing or doing any non video app I have run WIndows Memory checker which showed no memory errors Any ideas TIA

A:Random reboots with any video card except integrated video

In case someone else comes across this thread, I replaced my 400w power supply with a 600w Corsair power supply and it appears to have fixed the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/64831-random-reboots-any-video-card-except-integrated-video.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,

I have been trying to resolve this problem for over a week now... My issue is that whenever I am working in video editing programs such as Windows Movie Maker or Edius Neo I am unable to see my video playback in the display window. I can hear the audio but my playback window is either white or see through and I can see my desktop behind the playback window. (See attached screen shots )

The solutions I have tried so far are- reinstalling a new graphics driver, changing the graphics properties and so far there has been no improvement.

I know there is no problem with the actual video files as they play back perfectly in Windows media player or with VLC player.

Please help!! I am desperate for a solution.

A:Video display: sound no video

Hello Frannygstar

I think you might be missing some codecs especially if the files play properly in VLC player.

Install the K-Lite Codec Pack and see if it helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-display-sound-no-video-400768.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I got a minor problem with my system. I highly doubt it is from the 9600GT card my friend give me. The symptom is: at random startup the screen will display artifacts, to be exact it actually looks like there are tiny glitters all over the screen randomly. and the display will shutoff intermittently.

always solved by a reboot. always. sometimes what i notice is, the fan is not as noisy as usual when startup, and the problem appear.

not a big deal, but getting quite irritating having to reboot to solve the problem. i've tried cleaning the card contact also of course clean the HSF and redo thermal gel.

anyone have any idea? and of course, drivers are 258.xx from nvidia web.

Core E6300 1.86, 3GB DDR2, 1000GB HDD, MSI 9600GT OC 512, LG L196WTQ 1440x900, AcBel 400W PSU.

P.S. never had any similar experience with my old 9500GT card.

A:Random display artifacts

Are these artifacts displayed before and after Windows starts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-display-artifacts.154010/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

For the past 2 months my computer will randomly lose its display, and then restart. when it restarts, there is no display on my monitor. Ive tried switching hdmi cables, using different monitors, and the problem still persists. Sometimes when I click on firefox or explorer, my screen will go black for a few seconds, then comes back.

When it restarts, my computer looses all display. I have to constantly turn it off by holding the power button, then turn it back on about 5 or 6 times until it gets back up again.

I have a feeling that it is my gpu, but I don't know if it is a hardware or driver problem.

Attached is my dmp. file

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

A:Random restarts/No display

Ace

Based on 1 single dump you have attached and based on what you say... its a Bugcheck 116 (Video TDR failure) ... pointing towards the Nvidia drivers.

Before we try the solution please do the below

However... i would be nice if you Please use this tool to update your profile specs

And then use this tool to post all the files here

Then use Speedfan or CoreTemp or HwMonitor to post a snapshot of the temps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295016-random-restarts-no-display.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
Each time event Id98 [Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs)] triggers, directory of external disk (E:\) is displaying on the screen. I would like to know how to suppress this display.
System files are ok with sfc /scannow
Thank you for your help
pbecavin

A:random directory display

You need to figure out what is triggering the event. Look in Task Scheduler and see what is shown there.
Click Start, type sched and select Task Scheduler to get there.

Some good info here, may or may not apply though: [SOLVED] Event ID: 98. Volume needs to be taken offline to perform a full chkdsk. - Windows Server - Spiceworks

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/51950-random-directory-display.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
Each time event Id98 [Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs)] triggers, directory of external disk (E:\) is displaying on the screen. I would like to know how to suppress this display.
System files are ok with sfc /scannow
Thank you for your help
pbecavin

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/51950-random-directory-display.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have a Elitebook HP 8530p, and it has a issue with the screen brightness. When put 100% (energy properties are at : high profile) the screen dims, but the % remains 100, however when manually setting to a lower then to max again the screen is bright (as it should be)

This happens while i'm activly using the computer. (mouse/keyboard interaction)
I disabled every possible auto-dim feature I found. This happens at random moments but every 1-5 min it happens.

This renders the laptop useless, so any help is very welcome.

any help appreciated !

thx
svenn

A:Display brightness random dims HP

Hi Svenn,

You can try following the steps from the URL mentioned which could fix the issue: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00832191&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

Let us know the results

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/259879-display-brightness-random-dims-hp.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey Hoping you can help me Little bit of background Built Random & issues Display Crashing this computer back in January so months old at this point Everything worked great for quite a while - then about a month ago or so my computer would crash black screen while playing games I would have to hard shutdown via holding the power button Then when restarting the display wouldn't come back after the motherboard splash screen Another restart usually via the button would get it to come back Tried a lot things - new drivers for Display issues & Random Crashing vid card and nothing really helped Eventually it got so bad that I reformatted and Display issues & Random Crashing did a complete clean install of windows Everything for the most part seemed to have been fixed with Display issues & Random Crashing that Fast forward to last week and there were a couple days in the morning where I tried to get on my comp and the display just wouldn't wake up Monitor was on standby as though it was not receiving a signal Again have to hard restart Since then I changed the hard disk sleep time to never hoping that would fix the issue Thus far it hasn't happened again but it's been less than a week so unsure if that solved the problem or not However found out that my pc restarted itself over night last night with no windows updates to blame I can see that there is a crash dump that blames ntoskernel exe and one from last week that blames ntfs exe but beyond that I'm not sure what they tell me Everytime I've checked temps I've never seen any issues or anything getting abnormally high Only program that I could find that would produce a log of temps to read from the crash was SpeedFan which did not show anything spike before the shutdowns I was experiencing Not saying this is not the cause of some of the issues but I have yet to see anything that gave me serious cause for concern I'm hoping the crashes help explain what issues my pc might be experiencing Thanks in advance for any help Desktop OS Windows bit Original OS Windows OS Full retail Age of System months Age of OS Installation Approx month since reformat clean install maybe weeks since Win CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WINDFORCE Video Card Motherboard ASRock Z EXTREME ATX LGA Motherboard PSU Corsair Professional W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Storage Crucial CT MX SSD Memory G Skill Ares Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Sysnative and Perfmon reports attached

A:Display issues & Random Crashing

Your UEFI/BIOS (version P1.30) dates from 2014.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.This is an interesting (and fairly rare) BSOD error code (STOP 0x154) Reset your Windows Store apps:  http://windowsitpro.com/windows-81/three-options-fixing-windows-store-problemsRe-register your Windows Store apps:  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/re-register-windows-store-apps Please uninstall MalwareBytes as it has a memory resident component that may be conflicting with your AVGShould you choose to reinstall it (after the system is stabilized), please DO NOT let it enroll you in the trial for the Pro version (that's the part that is memory resident). If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.htmlAnalysis:The following is for informational purposes only.[font=lucida console]**************************Wed Aug 19 02:24:00.013 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\081915-7078-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 10240 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: [B]1024[/B]0.16430.amd64fre.th1.150807-2049
System Uptime:[B]1 days 22:53:05.691[/B]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for spaceport.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for spaceport.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for partmgr.sys
Probably caused by :[B]ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )[/B]
BugCheck [B]154, {ffffe001dc911000, ffffd00023396c60, 0, 0}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000154]UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (154)[/url]
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe001dc911000, Pointer to the store context or data manager
Arg2: ffffd00023396c60, Exception information
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Reserved
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x154
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]0x154_nt!SMKM_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter[/B]
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz"
MaxSpeed:     3500
CurrentSpeed: [B]3499[/B]
  BIOS Version                  P1.30
  BIOS Release Date             05/22/2014
  Manufacturer                  To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  Baseboard Manufacturer        ASRock
  Product Name                  To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  Baseboard Product             Z97 Extreme6
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
*******... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587122/display-issues-random-crashing/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I reported on this problem some time ago in the Browser forum and i thought i had cured it by restarting my modem and the router but it seems the problem quot creeps quot back My set-up is a virgin media broadband connection to one of their modems which then has a m CAT E running outside the house to the Router also supplied by VM My desktop PC is cat IE8 webpage Cannot -Random please display error help 'd to the router which are close together I've had this set-up for sometime now and never experience problems when my desktop was running XP and IE I also have a laptop running XP IE and AVG free which uses the wireless connection and does not suffer any connection problems at all My desktop is now running WIN bit and IE with Kapersky Internet Security I have also tried AVG free before kapersky and also tried firefox When i remove power from the modem and router and re-start them the problem seems to be fixed but then by the end of the week i am experiancing the problem again on random websites some work some seem to time-out and give the error message If I click on the quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot Win goes through its motions but tells me the problem could not be identified Then when I close the troubleshooter IE seems to do a refresh and the page i wanted displays just fine I cant work out whats going on I have tried replacing the m cat between PC and router with no effect Any ideas please

A:IE8 Cannot display webpage -Random error help please

Have you tried using a different browser, to see if the problem persists?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/118712-ie8-cannot-display-webpage-random-error-help-please.html
Relevancy 41.28%

OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Solved: of freezing display Random Co Ltd M MT-S Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled PSU Xtreme Gear w Hello Recently my computer has been dealing with an issue with lockups The cursor won t move the display completely freezes and the keyboard becomes unresponsive The only thing I can do at that point is completely reboot the system It happened once before and the problem was fixed for about a Solved: Random freezing of display month when I fixed an issue with my graphics card Now the problem has brought itself back and I don t know what to do I Solved: Random freezing of display ve seen a lot of people pointing at Xtreme Gear power supplies and saying that they re usually the cause for problems but I wanted to know from someone if it is possible there s another problem entirely Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Sometimes I come back to my PC after a while, turn on my monitor and my screen is black even though my monitor is getting the power. I press everything, move my mouse nothing happens. My computer is powered on and it not in sleep state.

I made sure I have the high performance setting in the power options and even double checked to turn off options like 'turn off display' and 'sleep'.

Not sure why it happens and happens so randomly. I have searched similar threads here, but couldn't find a proper solution to this. The only thing i can do is a hard reset.

My specs (everything including the bios is updated)

MSI Z87 G 43 Gaming motherboard
Core i5 4670
Sapphire TriX R9 290 OC
8GB RAM
Win 8.1

Help would be really appreciated, thank you

A:Black display after idle (random)

Sounds like it could be the ACPI or chipset drivers. Have you tried re-installing them?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51992-black-display-after-idle-random.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-S H x x Antivirus Webroot Crashes Display Driver Random AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper Not Updated Gigabyte X-Blaster Barebone Kit - Random Crashes Display Driver Gigabyte GA-H M-S H Mobo Intel Core i CPU OCZ GB RAM Seagate Barracuda GB HD Ultra X-Blaster Black ATX Mid-Tower Case Ultra LS W PSU Running League of Legends in Very High x windows I have been having this quot Display driver NVIDIA successfully recovered quot error message for half a year now Here s what I have done RMA my video card I actually have the same if not more problems Update my drivers Consistently clean the inside of my computer Applied new thermal grease recently unfortunately a crappy kind Ran memtest with no problems This error message can occur ANYTIME but more likely in intense games For example on a bad day I can even open Firefox and it would freeze for a moment and give me the error msg in the picture There is a chance I will get the error message playing a game for minutes It seems the problem has gotten worse over the months and even spiked a little worse after I got a new video card from RMA What I think is the problem I don t want to believe it s the video card considering I tried two of the same ones with the same problem Could it possibly be incompatibility with my motherboard Though I was playing intense games for a long time before I started getting this error message Overheating Weird I opened my heatsink to clean out the dust yesterday then started my comp and my GPU temperature was way higher C while my Core were lower Then when I applied new thermal grease my GPU temp and CPU are as shown in the picture GPU lower temp and a high Core temp Right now I m pretty desperate please help me guys I ll reply to any questions right away Edit When completely idle When opening a new website miniscule tasks nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi this was a problem that came up ages ago and I ve yet to understand it It makes no logical sense whatsoever atleast not to me anyway Crashing from Adapter Display Random I guess thats why I m hoping one of you legends can help out Im running windows vista and or so months ago I downloaded some codecs for video viewing The video worked Random Crashing from Display Adapter fine after that but randomly in the middle of the video the sound got stuck and the screen went purple I restarted and ever since then have been having BSOD s or random crashes before login and after login or randomly when browsing I don t have ANY malware on my computer i ve done a lot of checks or so and the codecs were from a legit site Its to do with my computer I guess but I don t know what it is But anyway basically the problem is whenever I have my display adapter enabled my computer will randomly go into startup repair loop or not work temporarily then all of a sudden work or the colours will distort randomly when I m on it after random periods of time It s all so random I don t get it I ve tried using older versions of the NVIDIA display adapter updated to the latest one all different ways possible through website once or through windows update another When I boot in safe mode everything runs fine its just when I load it normally randomly stuff happens Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Random Crashing from Display Adapter

Bump.. any suggestions?

Heres some minidumps I'll upload

I randomly searched a site on google and got this

http://www.osronline.com/dump/DA2.cfm

Edit : I dropboxed them

First instance : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96452240/Mini051712-01.dmp

Most previous instances : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96452240/Mini050712-01.dmp
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96452240/Mini081212-01.dmp
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96452240/Mini070412-03.dmp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-crashing-from-display-adapter.1065488/
Relevancy 41.28%

Can this be done problem column of random numbers display ten of these numbers on screen permanently in sequence of random numbers in Display sequence largest to smallest As the numbers in column A changes Display random numbers in sequence so too should the display I know this could be done with filters but is not what I need Col A Col B Display random numbers in sequence Eggs don t have legs Ban weather reports Ban sports reports give up junk food full stops are for separation purposes only Display on screen permanently Ban sport reports Ban weather reports Give Display random numbers in sequence up junk food Eggs don t have legs If is added to col A then display should reflect the change thus - if is removed from col A display would be if it can t be done automatically then a macro would suffice These numbers would then be used to vlookup associated data In this way one could instantly see if eg an account is overdue or due without having to do anything if not macro Could be used for many other things PS The numbers for col A would be automatically calculated from date of entry or other means nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-random-numbers-in-sequence.915687/
Relevancy 40.85%

I tried putting win 8.1 on it that went nowhere fast as the ATI drivers crash out crash out win 8.1 , anyway with the default Intel drivers, never saw any glitches, after reformatting it and putting win7 on it and having all the drivers installed I get odd display glitches on the desktop.

The glitches are lines, bars or blocks of grabbled graphics like it took a picture of that area then garbled it up, and sometimes they are static snow.

I ran 3Dmark 06 in various loops from 30 minutes to a couple hours on a cooling pad and it never glitches out but I go to surf or arrange files and dose it every now and then, is this an issue with the LCD screen or what??

A:hp tm2 215nr random display glitches, desktop

Hi ... Try an external Monitor that would rule out the Graphics ... Are your Drivers up to Date ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/361055-hp-tm2-215nr-random-display-glitches-desktop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

The OS is Windows Home Premium 64-bit. The OS install is about 6 months old. BSOD started happening randomly about two weeks ago. It seems to happen at no consistent time. Sometimes the video card is not being used heavily, other times it is. The action center reports video hardware errors occurring at the same time as the BSOD, so I'm fairly sure they are related. The diagnostics are attached in accordance with the instructions. If anyone could take a look, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

A:Random BSOD, Probably Display Driver Related

You have D-Link DWA-160 Xtreme N Dual Band USB Adapter(rev.A2) - Win7 does not like these devices and, if using older (Vista-era) drivers, will spit out BSOD's rapidly! Here's my rant on these devices:

Quote:
I do not recommend using wireless USB devices. Especially in Win7 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

Wired networking is disabled. Is this deliberate? If so, why?

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

McAfee's present in the dumps - it doesn't mean anything, it's just a "hunch" on my part. Please try this to rule it out:

Quote:
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the McAfee from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of McAfee using this free tool: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe) (This link has changed a lot. If it doesn't work, search for McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool)
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus, then check to ensure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

2 different BSOD's - so it's uncertain what's causing this.
For the most recent (STOP 0x116) - try this troubleshooting topic: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
For the other BSOD (STOP 0xA) - please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Finally, there are lots of older (2009 and earlier)_drivers present in the memory dump. Please update them from the manufacturer's website. There's a list of drivers with dates below this - use that list, along with the links below the list, to find and update the drivers. Post back with questions for any problems that you may have.

If the above steps don't stop the BSOD's, please zip up and upload any new memory dumps with your next post - and we'll see what we can figure out from there.

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES

Code:

AtihdW76.sys Fri May 11 04:25:40 2012 (4FACCD04)
Darusb_win7x.sys Wed Jun 23 23:42:49 2010 (4C22D439)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
MOBK.sys Thu Dec 31 22:20:07 2009 (4B3D69E7)
McPvDrv.sys Wed Mar 30 17:00:49 2011 (4D939A01)
RTKVHD64.sys Wed Aug 05 05:46:28 2009 (4A7954F4)
SI3132.sys Wed Oct 03 14:39:29 2007 (4703E1E1)
SiRemFil.sys Wed Jun 20 15:42:10 2007 (46798312)
SiWinAcc.sys Thu Jun 14 20:02:02 2007 (4671D6FA)
VMNET.SYS Fri Jul 08 03:43:55 2011 (4E16B53B)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
anodlwfx.sys Fri Mar 06 05:10:08 2... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240369-random-bsod-probably-display-driver-related.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi everyone So I've been using to with Random freezes, display drivers? do possibly a custom-built Eurocom laptop for the past two years and recently it's been freezing about - times per day Sometimes the freeze happens randomly and sometimes the screen flickers I get a AMD driver has stopped responding and recovered successfully but then either it allows for one or two more movements of the mouse before freezing requiring restart or it recovers again and then BSODs I've tried to use System Restore but can't get it to fully restore without freezing Also in the past few days after I stupidly used Random freezes, possibly to do with display drivers? ccleaner and then tuneup utilities to clean the registry there's been a lot of excessive activity from the fans and my idle memory usage was GB total of GB RAM Random freezes, possibly to do with display drivers? I think it might be AMD's Catalyst Control Center being wonky I'm going to try to uninstall everything and use driver sweeper to clean it all out then re-install just the basic drivers If that doesn't work does anyone know what could be causing this Also what should I Random freezes, possibly to do with display drivers? provide so that I can get help Thanks Update I've uninstalled sweeped all drivers thus disabling my graphics card AMD Radeon HD M and my idle memory usage has dropped by GB and the fans aren't spinning up every minute

A:Random freezes, possibly to do with display drivers?

It says I'm not permitted to load a speccy snapshot, so here's som copypasta:

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i7 2860QM @ 2.50GHz    47 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
    12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    EUROCOM P150HM Racer (SOCKET 0)    46 °C
Graphics
    Standard Monitor ([email protected])
    ATI AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series (CLEVO/KAPOK Computer)
Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10JPVT-22A1YT0 (SATA)    43 °C
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208AB
Audio
    AMD High Definition Audio Device

With a closer look at graphics:

Graphics
        Monitor
            Name    Standard Monitor on
            Current Resolution    1400x1050 pixels
            Work Resolution    1400x999 pixels
            State    Enabled, Primary
            Monitor Width    1400
            Monitor Height    1050
            Monitor BPP    32 bits per pixel
            Monitor Frequency    1 Hz
            Device    \\.\DISPLAY1
        ATI AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series
            Manufacturer    ATI
            Model    AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series
            GPU    Blackcomb
            Device ID    1002-6720
            Subvendor    CLEVO/KAPOK Computer (1558)
            Current Performance Level    Level 0
            Release Date    Jan 06, 2011
            DirectX Support    11.0
            DirectX Shader Model    5.0
            OpenGL Support    4.1
            Bios Core Clock    100.00
            Bios Mem Clock    150.00
            ROPs    32
            Shaders    960 unified
                Count of performance levels : 1
                    Level 1
and motherboard:

Motherboard
    Manufacturer    EUROCOM
    Model    P150HM Racer (SOCKET 0)
    Version    Not Applicable
    Chipset Vendor    Intel
    Chipset Model    Sandy Bridge
    Chipset Revision    09
    Southbridge Vendor    Intel
    Southbridge Model    HM65
    Southbridge Re... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526074/random-freezes-possibly-to-do-with-display-drivers/
Relevancy 40.85%

My Nvidia GT- often maybe of time boots up from power down condition in a strange way on my i - system no overclock My primary monitor comes up as a random noise quot snow quot display The Windows login graphics are faintly visible under the noise but it is almost impossible to use the mouse to log in or reboot The second monitor comes up fine with a normal blank Windows desktop The system always seems to reboot correctly as long as the display to snow GT640 random boots power stays on I e the problem shows up after power down then power up -- cold start If I then use the PC reset button the system GT640 boots to random snow display always boots up correctly So GT640 boots to random snow display it seems that sometimes the quot power on reset quot for the GT- is not truly resetting the hardware as it should Yes I could switch the display ports but then I'd still need to reboot to get both monitors correct The BIOS startup displays normally I only see the problem when Windows starts Is this a known issue Any workarounds or fixes TIA

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/385364-gt640-boots-random-snow-display.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I am getting random lines or colors when I go to desktop or hit refresh. It appears randomly. While playing games, running other applications, it doesn't seem to appear, but still, it appears randomly. Here is an image of a same web page, opened in two different tabs. You can see that in the rightmost part of the screen(where we have the option to scroll the web page) there are two tiny lines of red color. Its there in one tab, but not in any of the other tabs in the browser. Here are those two tabs.

There is also a small white-squared box near the right side, but that one is my mouse cursor.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/73498-display-issue-random-lines-colors-etc.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all I have recently installed Windows Professional edition on my Dell XPSM laptop It was a fresh installation All went smoothly when until recently the OS has started crashing randomly It does not matter what crashes and Random display freeze drive I do be it moving a window adjusting the video chatting screen copy pasting from one excel file to another etc the OS seems to crash I'd done all the necessary checks Random crashes and display drive freeze to see what the issue is although I'm unable to read the dmp files Further the Nvidia driver for the Gefore GT Sli card in the laptop also crashes inadvertently Thinking that this could be a driver related issue I installed all the latest versions of the same Yet no respite I'm just so fed-up with Windows OS I simply don't understand how this OS is better than Vista Funny though my previous Vista installation never crashed I simply don't understand the reason behind I was a Linux Ubuntu user until I shifted to W Now I'm seriously considering moving back to Ubuntu Can someone please help me out over here Although I don't wish to cloud anyone's thought my hunch is that the crashes are very much related to the Nvidia driver Anyway I look forward to your views

A:Random crashes and display drive freeze

Go to the search option then type in

c:\windows\minidump

Then zip the file and upload with your post, one of the kind experts will look at it for you and get back to you.

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/51409-random-crashes-display-drive-freeze.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Yes. I am a beginner, and so I was hoping if someone knew how to display 10 random real numbers between 0 and 10 in Java. The problem I am having is displaying 10 different numbers generated from one Math.random statement. This is what I have so far:

public class RandomNumber {

public static void main ( String[] args ) {

double number;

number = Math.random() * 11;

System.out.println ("Here are ten random real numbers between 0 and 10:");

System.out.println (number);
}
}

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, thanks to all that helped me before
I'm running a system with a P4 3.06 Mhz, MSI MS-6728 Intel Motherboard and NVDIA 3D Power Graphics card with 1GB DDR RAM

when i turn on my PC on the monitor it displays No Video Output
I cannot see how far the PC loads as nothing displays, but the HDD makes a sound so is loading something
On my other PC the monitor works fine! (It has built in graphics)

Any ideas guys?

A:No Video Display

Check the bios, if onboard display is enabled.... or try to use another graphic card (old one or try to borrow from a friend) then you should see if it is the onboard graphic card or somthing else..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-display.211951/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an E-machine T2341 which was working fine. One morning it wouldn't turn on, totally dead. I've replaced the power supply, it sounds like it's powering up now but nothing shows on the screen. I've tested the screen with another computer and it displays fine. Any suggestions as to why after replacing the power supply it does not show anything?

A:Now no video display

If it was the power supply they like to take other parts with them to the great hearafter. It could be that it took the motherboard with it. If it is the motherboard a new case and motherboard would be in order.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/now-no-video-display.435723/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Everybody

I am aware that video can only be played on the primary display. So I made my TV my primary, via my Nvidia Geforce.

My question is, is there a way of making both displays, my tv and monitor play video?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-on-both-display-267531.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am trying to fix an older Dell Dimension for a friend of mine. It's a Pentium III with 512 mb memory. Everything seems to start up Ok but I cannot get anything to display on the monitor. I know it's not the monitor and I have tried 2 different video cards in 2 different slots so I dont believe it's the video card either. I am at a loss for what to try next.

Relevancy 40.85%

recently a few of my videos(mpg,avi)will freeze during playback,or rather,the video freezes but the sound continues normally.it happens on all my media players(vlc,windows9,ultraplayer,divx)and i am pretty sure i have all the necessary codecs.my operating system is windows98 se.any help or suggestions would be most welcome,thanks

A:video display

Hiya and welcome

Which version of DirectX do you have:

Go to Run and type DXDIAG
In the first tab will be the evrsion.

Also, lets try a 'spring clean'

Go to Tools | Internet Options. General tab. Under Delete Files, delete offline content. Also, clear the History.

Content tab, under AutoComplete, clear Forms and Passwords.

Advanced tab, under Browsing, look for Enable Insta on Demand. Untick.
Under Security, look for Empty Tempory Internet... Tick.
Apply and OK

Go to Run and type MSINFO32
On the left choose Software Enviroment, then Startup Programs. Copy/paste the list here.

Download Spybot - Search & Destroy from http://security.kolla.de

After installing, first press Online, and search for, put a check mark at, and install all updates.
Next, close all Internet Explorer and OE windows, hit 'Check for Problems', and have SpyBot remove all it finds.

That ought to get rid of most of your spyware.

When you've done all that, go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ , and download 'Hijack This!'.
Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show other issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

Reboot in between running spybot & Hijackthis

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display.171747/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

The video display has deteriorated, where text and graphics appear with "skid" marks (see attached).

Computer is Vista Home Premium SP2 with NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT using current driver v270.61

Any suggestions to correct this?

A:Video Display

Hi HarvMan,

It could be a clear type issue. (note, this is how to do it in Win 7, so might be slightly different in Vista)

Control Panel>Display>Adjust Clear Type Text. Turn Clear Type on/ off and see if that helps.

Here's the ClearType Tuner via Microsoft that may also help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-display-572759.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am having some difficulties. We have a computer set up with a AGP video out with RGA and RCA video out. I changed the main monitor to the RCA video out by mistake and powered off the machine. In the meantime, the power supply died, and I've gotten a new one. Now when I power it on, I dont get any video out of any port. I have tested every video output port multiple times. Not the the BIOS will display. Once in awhile I get a long tone that may go for about 10 seconds. I have tried removing CMOS battery, and also using the CMOS reset pins on the motherboard.

What else can I try?

The board model is gigabyte ga85661fxm-775

A:Video display help

Can you pull AGP out?

Possible revert to on board for defining of fault?

Once in awhile I get a long tone that may go for about 10 secondsClick to expand...

Here is a link to the BIOS beep guide
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html
To read the BOIS post page during 'post' press the "pause/break" button ~timing is everything~ Press "enter" to continue the log on process :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-display-help.143142/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, I'm a pc tech in Florida. I've run into a problem I can make no sense of. Video

files of the "mpeg, avi, wmv" formats will not display in color, only grayscale. This is

true no matter what player I use (Winamp, Windows MP, GOM, etc); also whether I'm

playing from the hard drive or CD/DVD drive. Flash [flv, swf] files play in perfect

color. All photo files and web pages have perfect color too, leading me to believe it's

a Windows-based problem, since the graphics adapter is performing without a hitch. I am

stumped! Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Video display

Un-install video drivers and reboot.

Also un-install any codecs packs if present.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display.862208/
Relevancy 40.85%

Here's the synopsis of my problem

Wake up & move mouse, no video output - computer is powered on.
(Current graphics card is Radeon X1600Pro- dual dvi output)
tried new cable: dvi to vga adapter, vga cable to monitor, no luck
vga from mobo to vga monitor works
replaced vid card with Radeon HD 3870, detects card, wont install properly

possible solutions: fried pci-e slot? something wrong on mobo?

i'm out of ideas, maybe someone can list some solutions

thanks

A:No video display

When did this problem first appear? On cold boot or while the computer had been on for a while?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-display.108418/
Relevancy 40.85%

I tried to upgrade to the ati 9600xt...I installed the card and now my video display will not come on...I hear 1 long beep and 2 short beeps, so it seems to be the video card...I reinstalled the old card and same thing happens...any suggestion...I can't even get into bios

A:Need Video display help

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you fill in your system specs in my.TS.forum at the top of the page(click on edit profile).

Try clearing you cmos your mobo book will tell you how to do this.

Or you could take out the cmos battery being careful only to hold it by it`s edges not top and bottom.

Leave it out for a minute or so then reinsert it and reboot.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-video-display-help.17620/
Relevancy 40.85%

I can't get any video display on my Dell computer. I tried two good monitors so it's not a monitor problem. All connections are tight. When I turn on the computer the green light on the monitor comes on and then the light becomes orange and blinks continuously. I tried another good video card but got the same results. The computer is a Dell Dimension XPS T600r. What could be the problem?

A:no video display

Is this an onboard video adaptor, check your motherboard documentations see if your jumpers are set correctly and make sure you have you have your drivers installed correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-display.373665/
Relevancy 40.85%

I had to format my hard drive due to a virus. I have had no problems until I try to watch video clips online, I am having trouble with the colors. If I watch a news clip it is perfect but if I try to watch certain other clips I only get bright yellow and purple colors and it is impossible to see the video. I have remove the video adapter and reinstalled it several times. I have also changed the video display but nothing seems to work. I only have 16 and 32 bit to choose from. If anyone has any suggestions I would gladly like to hear from you.ThanksMod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Video Display

Did you reinstall the drivers for your video adapter as well? You do not specifically mention it, is the reason I ask.

Be (adapter driver) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63714/video-display/
Relevancy 40.85%

I need some help resolving a poor display issue for a few XP systems with CRT monitors The display problem is for lack of a better term over spray That is everything displayed is fuzzy or grainy or likened to an over spray of clear coat finish A blank Word document a desktop background an e-mail a web site graphics all are unclear - especially text edges such as a Word document The issue exists on systems with debatably varying degree I have replaced Video Display the monitor replaced video cards moved the computer to another room to change the power supply and monitor and lighting removed hardware removed XP updates ran the XP repair modified and completely disenabled all XP Visual Effects modified monitor settings and updated drivers searched Video Display MS KB Googled and reviewed XP tips magazines etc A few Internet tech chat rooms indicate a similar problem but there were no resolutions All machine are different brands and build The only common hardware after the XP upgrade was a memory addition But removing the new memory had no effect The processor video and RAM are The worst system a Dell PIII onboard Intel e Graphics Controller I replaced with a off-the-shelf PCI GeForce MB video but there was no difference so I returned to the onboard SDRAM a Premio PIII from Premio and ATI RAGE AGP MB SDRAM and a HP Celeron Video Display ATI PCI with MB SDRAM If anyone else experiences this with XP or systems particularly in x resolution Video Display or has any ideas please reply Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Okay, its me again, but I just started a new topic.

Okay, I got my new motherboard and ram. I install them both and hooked up the hard drive and the floppy. Booted up and I can hear the hard drive spinning and the floppy light comes on, (but no hearing anything)

I'm not getting any video. I tried 2 different video cards and I still get nothing. 1 AGP and 1 PCI card.

I tried placing the ram in different slots but nothing. Help?

A:No video display?

Disconnect everything except the video card. Remove all peripherals--modem, sound card, etc. Disconnect the hard disk, floppy, CD-ROM drive and try again. If that doesn't give you a screen, check main board jumper settings. Be sure the CMOS Clear jumper is not set to Clear.

If it is an Amptron or PCChips board, many of them com set to CMOS Clear and, of course, will not post in that position.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-display.110149/
Relevancy 40.85%

My video wont display while watching movies/shows on my pc on any media player, there is audio but no picture.

I have upgraded to the lastest codes and such any other suggestions?

A:Video won't display

Want kind of video?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-wont-display.159931/
Relevancy 40.42%

I had no display issues with Win7 Pro 32-bit, but having migrated to Win 10, the display will randomly go black, sometimes with the mouse cursor visible. There is disk activity but no key combination seems to get the display on again so I end up rebooting via the power button to shut down and cold start.

BIOS is latest, as are display drivers. I have tried rolling back the drivers and even using generic VGA drivers to no avail. Also removed and rediscovered the display card in Device Manager. Lenovo don't have anything useful.

I have seen a few similar posts on other sites but no answers. Anyone have an idea?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37867-lenovo-t530-display-issue-random-blanking.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone I freezes) errors Strange (display corruption, random m having a lot of strange things happening to me hope somebody can help me A few days ago I was playing a game and I started noticing artifacts on the screen I was thinking my cards running hot so I gave it a break But when I tried playing later the artifacts were still there Then the problem increased I started to freeze in game for about seconds then my monitor would turn off turn itself back on then the Strange random errors (display corruption, freezes) game would resume Wondering if it was specific to the game I tried a different one Strange random errors (display corruption, freezes) Same thing happened there My next problem was my screen went black saying it lost sync After rebooting I had error messagew relating to my video card It would not continue I opened my case and changed the power cable to a different one on my power Strange random errors (display corruption, freezes) supply Booted up and everything seemed ok Thinking I had solved it I start up my game again Nope still got artifacts and the monitor turned off and back on again Now I m thinking it s definitely my video card is fried So today I brought it in with my warranty and got a brand new card But of course I wouldnt be writing here if things went well after that right So yeah same issues except after rebooting after the most recent error my computer would not even get past the XP load up screen it would just restart the boot process I turned it off and came back an hour later and tried booting again and I m up and running for now I replaced my power supply about months ago So I know its not old But it might be the culprit Because of the error that got solved with switching the power cables and the fact that my front temp display blanked out when I had the faulty cable on my card I m at my wit s end here any help would be great Cheers nbsp

A:Strange random errors (display corruption, freezes)

What kind of display cards have you been using?

And can you post a screenshot of the problem?

Do they occur on bootup, in Safe Mode, or only under special circumstances, such as gaming and high cpu usage?

High temps or an inadequate power supply could certainly be a cause.

I'm going to move this to the hardware forum as it seems unlikely it is an "XP" issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-random-errors-display-corruption-freezes.487965/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I have recently bought an ABIT VT Motherboard and have updated all the drivers for it along with the bios It has been working fine for the last months or so Unfortunately the problem I have recently is during a game my PC will either abruptly and randomly restart or the computer crashes sometimes with the blue screen Driver Random PC Display HELP!!! Crashes!!! Restarts Causing of death and the game returns to desktop with a referenced memory error also when the BSOD appears I get a disp dll file that has apparently caused the error I understand this is the display driver or part of it When the pc restarts it is as though the hard Display Driver Causing Random PC Restarts Crashes!!! HELP!!! drive is turning back on again as if it has been turned off When windows restarts I get the Microsoft error reporting window and when I have sent the error details it tells me that a device driver has caused the problem but the numpties at Microsoft cannot determine what one it is All drivers are up to date I have tried all different display drivers old and new I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure Display Driver Causing Random PC Restarts Crashes!!! HELP!!! out what is wrong and why it has been happening darth I have changed memory modules my graphics card PSU EVERYTHING And nothing seems to work The only thing I haven t tried is maybe try an ATI graphics card If you can shed any light on all this bable I have given you it would be most appreciated My system is as follows P GHz Mb DDR RAM MB GeForce FX XT GPU Gb Hard disk space Abit VT Mobo Windows XP with SP and all current updates from Microsoft Regards Matthew Vincent hotbounce nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-causing-random-pc-restarts-crashes-help.20967/
Relevancy 40.42%

My computer has been crashing a lot lately Usually the computer BSODs crashes and freezes, Display random system freezes and weird lines appear on the display Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes when it happens Other times it just shows a BSOD and restarts It started happening around - weeks after my motherboard processor and RAM were changed because a part of the previous motherboard had burnt The previous motherboard was ASUS M A -EM the onboard Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes graphics was ATI Radeon HD and RAM was GB DDR I took the PC to a my computer vendor after everything I tried had failed Firstly he diagnosed it as an issue because of improper earthing grounding in the switchboard where I plugged the computer and the UPS I got the earthing issue sorted but to no avail it still hanged freezed The second time I took it to him he said that he might have to update the BIOS and when I Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes brought it back the problem had apparently been fixed but that was only for a few days After like - days it started happening again Same weird lines - green magenta purple and all the rest of it - started appearing The HDD LED stops when this happens I only observed the LED today though Today the computer freezed without those weird lines on two out of the or times it happenrd it looked like it had just hanged but the HDD LED had gone off Sometimes the PC doesn t start up at all immediately after it has crashed That s what led me to guess it s a hardware issue Also it happens in safe mode and Windows XP too I dual boot Windows XP and Windows and I remember it once happening even before the computer had completely booted Computer details Windows -bitASUS M A LT-M-LEAMD Athlon II X ATI Radeon onboard graphics x GB DDR RAM GB SATAMinidumps and NirSoft BlueScreenView HTML report http dl dropbox com u Minidump zipCPU Z HTML report http dl dropbox com u CPU Z report zipPlease help me fix this problem I have had this for like months now and it s getting between me and my work

A:Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes

After installing the new motherboard did you format and reinstall the OS and then install all of the correct drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425245/display-freezes-bsods-and-random-system-crashes/
Relevancy 40.42%

My display seems to freeze up for 1-3 seconds at random times. It hangs up during videos, while typing, pretty much whenever something is happening on the screen. It seems to be completely random, as Youtube videos freeze up just as often as it does while typing these words. It won't even keep up with the text when typing a .txt document in notepad.

Toshiba P755-S5215 Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
i3 2.1 GHz CPU
6 GB factory installed RAM

I recently did a system restore for other reasons. It was acting up before, but is worse now. All drivers are up to date. Windows update did everything it needed to. I checked the Task Manager, and no suspicious processes or services are running. Disk is not fragmented. Memory diagnostic said the computer's memory is fine.

I am out of ideas of things to check. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you in advance for your help.
-Worlock51

A:[SOLVED] Display choppy/hanging at random times

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Take a look at this article here: Is your PC running slow...?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-display-choppy-hanging-at-random-times-689754.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My computer Display random freezes, crashes BSODs system and has Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes been crashing a lot lately Usually the computer freezes and weird lines appear on the display when it happens Other times it just shows a BSOD and restarts It started happening around - weeks after my motherboard processor and RAM were changed because a part of the previous motherboard had burnt The previous motherboard was ASUS M A -EM the onboard graphics was ATI Radeon HD and RAM was GB DDR I took the PC to a my computer vendor after everything I tried had failed Firstly he diagnosed it as an issue because of improper earthing grounding in the switchboard where I plugged the computer and the UPS I got the earthing issue sorted but to no avail it still hanged freezed The second time I Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes took it to him he said that he might have to update the BIOS and when I brought it back the problem had apparently been fixed but that was only for a few days After like - days it started happening again Same weird lines - green magenta purple and all the rest of it - started appearing The HDD LED stops when this happens I only observed the LED today though Today the computer freezed without those weird lines on two out of the or times it happenrd it looked like it had just hanged but the HDD LED had gone off Sometimes the PC doesn t start up at all immediately after it has crashed That s what led me to guess it s a hardware issue Also it happens in safe mode and Windows XP too I dual boot Windows XP and Windows and I remember it once happening even before the computer had completely booted Also I at times the computer switches on but it doesn t boot The power light on the cabinet lights up and some noise can be heard but nothing else suggests that it is switched on display and keyboard are both inactive Another thing when the computer is switched on ever since I started having this problem a scratching like sound can be heard lasting only or seconds Computer details Windows -bit ASUS M A LT-M-LE AMD Athlon II X ATI Radeon onboard graphics x GB DDR RAM GB SATA Minidumps and NirSoft BlueScreenView HTML report http dl dropbox com u Minidump zip CPU Z HTML report http dl dropbox com u CPU Z report zip Please help me fix this problem I have had this for like months now and it s getting between me and my work P S I have tried reinstalling Windows but it didn t work So I guess this is almost certainly a hardware problem Please move the thread to hardware section if required nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-freezes-bsods-and-random-system-crashes.1026136/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an Nvidia 9800GT with S-video out, Windows 7 Home Premium, a working S-video cable and a Digistar TV with S-video in. The S-video cable is plugged into the S-video out on my gpu and s-video in on my tv. In Windows 7's display options, my S-video setup is not detected, nor is it in Nvidia control panel, even when I force TV detection on startup. I can get the S-video setup to work perfectly when I unplug my monitor, leave S-video setup in and go through my bios or windows 7 safe mode. When I start normal windows 7 mode, my TV goes blank. What do I do to get S-video working in normal windows mode?

A:S-Video Display Problem

202 views and no answer

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/50291-s-video-display-problem.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro on a Dell Optiplex. My 5th clean install this summer. Everything worked great. All the updates ran, drivers added back, etc. Took the tower to hook it up to its new home with a different monitor and everything looks good at the beginning, Bios doing its thing, Windows XP Logo begins its load and then the screen goes black and I get a one line message across the screen "Cannot display this video mode". Freezes on that and I have to power down. Both monitors are Dell Flatscreens, although slightly different in model. Hooked it back up to the other one and it works like a charm. No big deal, I will just switch out the monitors, but can anyone tell me how to avoid that in the future or how to fix it?

A:cannot display this video mode

Sounds like the monitor does not like the video resolution and/or refresh reate you have selected to run Windows on that computer. Try booting in safe mode (tap the F8 function key right after power up and you should get a Windows boot selection screen).
You should get a stable 640x480 display and then be able to experiment with different display properties to find one compatible with your monitor. Unless you messed with some advanced settings, Windows will try the new resolution and display a message for about 15 seconds asking if you want to keep the new resolution. If you do nothing, it reverts to the previous settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-display-this-video-mode.933992/
Relevancy 40.42%

having an odd problem....any .jpg or .mpg file that i open/play is horribly pixellated. i've installed all of the updated drivers for all my hardware. this has only been happening since i upgraded my motherboard/processor. the new one is a k7vat motherboard with a 950 amd athlon. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Relevancy 40.42%

hi i recently just built a new computer

unforntunately, when i turned it on, nothing video displays. Im sure the ram and video card and etc work because i've tested it before on my old specs

so i was sure my mobo was dead

so i sent rma'd it back to asus and got a new one... still no luck

and now basically, i'm stuck and don't know what to do

my specs are :

asus p5q pro

9800gtx+

ocz stealthxstream 600w

g,skill ddr2 1000 4gb

please post here and help out

THANK YOU - your friendly noob nosebleedXD

A:Computer no video display

forgot to mention, im running on a pentium D 805

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-no-video-display.121520/
Relevancy 40.42%

So here s my problem It seems that my video card doesn t give any display to my LCD It says check signal cable for a while and then after would be completely blank My LCD has no problems no Video gives display card at all even the VGA cable Tested it on my other computer everything seems fine My computer boots up to windows everything s fine I knew this because of the sound when entering windows but it doesn Video card gives no display t display anything Sometimes it does work and everything s fine again but when I shut it down open it up another time same problem When it does work I play games normally and it s performance is absolutely fine I tried inserting it to the on-board video card slot and it s also fine What might be causing this I have tried re-seating the video card cleaning it thoroughly still the same My pc is old about years old But still works fine up until this problem came up Replaced motherboard a year ago and HDD months ago Specs if it helps Palit GeForce GT GB Bit DDR AMD Athlon X GhZ x GB Strontium DDR RAM BIOSTAR NF Micro AM Mboard Hitachi GB HDD nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I disabled my on-board video as per the instructions for installing my new VGA PCI-Express video card (GeForce 7200GS, 256MB, DDR2, DVI-I, HDTV). This was a bad thing to do on my part. I totally misunderstood the instructions. The computer boots, WindowsXP goes through the initial logo screen and thenů nothing, a black screen. The computer runs but, I have lost my video display. How do I recover my video? My new Motherboard is a XFX nForce 610i GeForce 7059 I'm glad I still have my old computer, I'm also glad I have TechGuy members to call on.
Thanks for any help offered.

Relevancy 40.42%

My Dell Core 2 Duo (Windows Vista) will not boot in the normal mode. It works fine, in the safe mode, other than the limitations the safe mode imposes. But when I try to boot it normally, it says "Cannot display this video mode".
How can I fix this??

A:Cannot Display this Video Mode

You didn't say if your Dell is a desktop or a laptop.
What model name and model number is it?
What's the exact "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-display-this-video-mode.1159641/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a 5 year old ViewSonic E790 19" display, and a Geforce Ti 4200 graphics card.

I have updated all the drivers.

Once in a while the display corrupts, showing patterns that look like large pixels. Sometimes it appears as a series of vertical lines, each 1/2 to 1" in width.

Rebooting won't fix it, I need to power off the computer and power on to recover.

Any thoughts as to what it is?

A:display, or my video card.

Instead of rebooting have you tried turning the monitor off, then back on after a few seconds?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-or-my-video-card.7265/
Relevancy 40.42%

So I finished putting together my new rig for the most part. AMD 920 2.8 Quad, 4gig corsair ram at 800mhz, Gigabyte UD4P MOBO, corsair 650W PSU, XP home 32bit. Everything is working fine and I appreciate previous feedback on the individual parts. The rig is intended to play the newest tier games pretty well. Currently I have a trash video card inserted just to make sure everything booted up. This is the new permanent one I have in mind, I plan on running only 1 video card, no SLI/Crossfire: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130434 And here's the display I have in mind: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001307 Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated!

Relevancy 40.42%

So I built a quick computer out of spare parts to simply hook to a TV with S-Video and use it with the TV as a monitor. So I boot it up hooked to the TV wait a bit until I know it's in Windows then hit the hot keys to switch to the TV view...nothing happens. So I went and grabbed a monitor and plugged that in and a box was on the screen saying I had to have a monitor connected still in order to switch it to the TV view. Is there a way around this? I mean the computer is only for use with the TV so I don't have an extra monitor to keep hooked to it. Thanks.

A:FX5900 and S-Video TV Display

msgtgumby said:

So I built a quick computer out of spare parts to simply hook to a TV with S-Video and use it with the TV as a monitor. So I boot it up hooked to the TV wait a bit until I know it's in Windows then hit the hot keys to switch to the TV view...nothing happens. So I went and grabbed a monitor and plugged that in and a box was on the screen saying I had to have a monitor connected still in order to switch it to the TV view. Is there a way around this? I mean the computer is only for use with the TV so I don't have an extra monitor to keep hooked to it. Thanks.Click to expand...

do it online and you may be able to fix the problem. If that doesn't help I may research the problem further.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fx5900-and-s-video-tv-display.650244/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi guys
I bought a geforce fx5700 the other day but it dont work , no startup i get message Cannot display this video mode on a black screen right after the windows XP screen this even happens in safe mode and wen i tried my old card, got the same error and i cant seem to get past the screen any ideas wld be appriciated

A:Cannot Display This Video Mode

Did you closely follow the installation instructions that came with the FX5700?

You maybe able to access the PC using the old card using Last Known Good or Safe Mode, which is available from the Boot menu access by Depressing F8 after rebooting and the PC hardware is listed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-display-this-video-mode.312425/
Relevancy 40.42%

Recurring problem: I am running several tabs on Windows Vista, doing research on various companies for business purposes, no wacky or suspicious websites. Several times, I have opened a new tab, or reopened Internet Explorer to get a new page entirely vs just a tab, and my computer just completely freaks out. It has only happened loading a Facebook page, but I since it has happened three times with this site, I'm suspicious.

Basically, the computer starts loading Facebook repeatedly. The highest count has been 49 Facebook "windows", all in succession. Then the whole screen starts spazzing out. I don't have a better word for it than that. It flickers and jumps around like crazy, sometimes blanking out entirely.

This happens on my HP dv9810 laptop running NVidia Geforce 7150m.

I'm not a techie, but I can follow directions. Could sure use some help.

Thanks!

Cass

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/211719-spastic-hp-video-display.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have been getting this problem for about two days. Don't even know what this kind of problem called.
See the area circled. do you guys notice the colour difference.
all my games videos and some applications are messed up.

My PC specs-
intel core 2 duo 2.66ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram
Msi hd 6670 1gb ddr5

please help me solve this...waiting for replies.

A:how to fix video display problem?

You may want to try this......
Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208141-how-fix-video-display-problem.html
Relevancy 40.42%

hi i have a problem with my pc i have a black screen with a message saying cannot display this video mode, on windows xp i think it may have something to do with a mame front end called dragon. any ideas how i can fix this problem.thanks

Relevancy 40.42%

Okay first post please be kind Can somebody please help me with this one When Windows Cannot This Display Mode Video first came out installed it on my now very old Dell Dimension which has an ATi Radeon series video card and a Dell E FP monitor I installed it as a dual boot keeping my Windows installation Don't remember any issues all worked fine However didn't like Windows and deleted it from my system Cannot Display This Video Mode Now is out thought I would give it a go again Stupidly I lost my original Windows key so have ended up purchasing a new pro Cannot Display This Video Mode key Downloaded and burned the ISO to a DVD When i try to boot from disc to install the OS I get the Windows logo for Cannot Display This Video Mode a minute then quot Cannot display this video mode - maximum resolution x hz on the screen Have tried various things from the google searches I've done including going into safe mode and uninstalling the graphics drivers and also turning the monitor off for seconds when it displys the message and turning back on again but nothing works Have also tried installing from within Windows but get the same message as soon as the PC reboots Is my video card and monitor not compatible with I know it's too old for some functions such as snap display but seems strange that it wouldn't be able to run seen as though Windows ran fine Any ideas

A:Cannot Display This Video Mode

Hi there, just wondering if you ever figured this one out? I'm having the exact same problem this evening and its driving me mad!

Thanks,

P

Originally Posted by 8Frustration

Okay, first post please be kind.

Can somebody please help me with this one. When Windows 8 first came out installed it on my now very old Dell Dimension 9200, which has an ATi Radeon 1300 series video card and a Dell E197FP monitor. I installed it as a dual boot keeping my Windows 7 installation. Don't remember any issues, all worked fine. However didn't like Windows 8 and deleted it from my system. Now 8.1 is out thought I would give it a go again. Stupidly I lost my original Windows 8 key, so have ended up purchasing a new 8.1 pro key. Downloaded and burned the ISO to a DVD. When i try to boot from disc to install the OS I get the Windows 8 logo for a minute then "Cannot display this video mode - maximum resolution 1280x1024, 60hz on the screen.

Have tried various things from the google searches I've done including going into safe mode and uninstalling the graphics drivers and also turning the monitor off for 15 seconds when it displys the message and turning back on again, but nothing works. Have also tried installing from within Windows 7, but get the same message as soon as the PC reboots.

Is my video card and monitor not compatible with 8.1? I know it's too old for some functions such as snap display but seems strange that it wouldn't be able to run, seen as though Windows 8 ran fine.

Any ideas?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/35310-cannot-display-video-mode.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am this mode cannot video display working with a friend s computer She was up cannot display this video mode and running on a compaq using a small dell lcd monitor She was trying to change skins on the media player and it started acting up On boot it displays cannot display this video mode cannot display this video mode I got it into safe mode and tried changing cannot display this video mode things but it isn t even showing refresh rate or display options After some various tries I did get it up in safe by activating the VGA setting However later it would start the Windows welcome screen but then go blank I considered it may be the video card I brought the machine home with me and after a couple of times it booted up just fine on my samsung monitor However it showed a line that it was using a registry file from elsewhere in the system I reset it to a restore point before this problem started ran antivirus CCleaner and it was sailing along fine I returned it this morning and got a call that when they hooked it back up to the Dell monitor the machine showing the same message Right now I am seeking another monitor but still would like to have some suggestions I have tried everything I know nbsp

A:cannot display this video mode

Oh and I did not change the video card. the video is part of the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-display-this-video-mode.1028200/
Relevancy 40.42%

When I turn my computer on I usually get a black screen that says quot Cannot display this video mode Optimum resolution x quot I end up having to hold in the power button and restart it a couple of times until it the message stops showing After the first time getting this message I went into my control panel and changed the screen resolution to x but the message still comes up I noticed there are two options in display settings one says quot Generic PnP Monitor on ATI Radeon HD PCI quot and the other says quot Default Monitor on ATI Radeon HD PCI quot I have the first one selected now but I switched it to the other option to see if it helped It didn t I did install this new graphics card in January but I am having no problems with graphics I m wondering why this message keeps coming up if I have the screen resolution set to what it s telling me to Here is my DxDiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name SARAH-PC Operating System Windows Vista Home Basic Build vista gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Inspiron s BIOS oC Phoenix - AwardBIOSTeDell System v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM this display video Cannot mode Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Cannot display this video mode Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD PCI Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x CC DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV CC amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Driver Name atidxx dll atidxx atiumdag dll atiumdva cap atiumd atiumd a atitmm Driver Version English DDI Version Ex Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE -D C- CF- - F A C C Vendor ID x Device ID x CC SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C nbsp

A:Cannot display this video mode

Are you getting this error message as soon as you boot your computer? Or are you getting it when Windows is preparing to go to the "log in" screen?

If you are getting this error upon boot-up, the problem is not in Windows, it is either the card, the monitor's settings or in the BIOS. If you are only getting this when the PC prepares to log into Windows, it's most likely driver/configuration related.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-display-this-video-mode.931020/
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm in the process of setting up a new system, right now im just trying to get it running.

new asus mobo
new amd chip
new Gskill ram
new gigabyte nvidia 9600 card (pcie 2.0 x16)
new 450w psu

Its on my old hard drives right now

but I am not getting any usable display, it just shows some random moving colors and shapes. everything else looks like it is working properly.

no actual display so I cannot even get into the bios to adjust.

any ideas what the problem could be?

A:New system, no video display

Try changing the video card for starters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-system-no-video-display.136720/
Relevancy 40.42%

hey guys amp gals have a little problem thats driving me crazy my hard drive went down blue screen luckily had a extra laying around so i started over on the new drive installed windows pro updated to service pack and all the updates available video display comes up not being recognized have a radeon ve mb ddr AGP installed display problems video but not detected and is not on the list microsoft has for available hardware went to ati to get driver downloaded the hydravision and the latest catalyst restarted and after splash screen i get a black screen with different color dots like it is trying to load a picture but doesnt and locks up went through video display problems safe mode noticed that the card is now detected as a radeon series and there is a driver available installed driver and removed video display problems the catalyst but still running at X and colors tried downloading driver from different sites but same black screen appears during restart please help me thanks nbsp

A:video display problems

First, ignore the drivers provided by Windows Update. They should not be used. Use the ATI Catalyst driver as it offers 100% more features and performance.

Before installing the latest catalyste driver make sure you have installed the latest chipset drivers from the motherboard. You can download these from the manufacturer of the chipset, ie. Intel, VIA, SIS, Nvidia, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display-problems.370839/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello Everyone So I just upgrade my video card and PSU See my original post here card display. New video won't http forums techguy org hardware -solved-upgrade-advice-needed html Current specs CPU AMD Phenom New video card won't display. X BE GHz RAM GB DDR MHz GPU XFX Radeon HD - NEW MOBO Jetway HA PSU Thermaltake W TR - NEW HD One GB and one TB WD Caviar Black So here is what happened Yesterday I installed the card and booted the machine and nothing Screen was black but the computer did boot to windows I could hear the windows chime through the headphones So i swapped it out with my old card and jumped online to the Jetway site to read the mobo manual After that I tried installing the in the other PCIE slot on my mobo but it wouldn t fit due to interference with other parts on the mother board So I moved it back to the first PCIE slot I tried to boot it again and this time I got the initial post screen I had forgotten to plug in the SATA cables this time for the HDs so I got an error message I powered down the machine plugged in the SATA cables to both hard drives and booted again Again I got a black screen The monitor wasn t even getting a signal from the video card I was worried I might might have a bad PSU or bad card I unplugging the optical drive and my data HD and still nothing I powered down and rebooted each time I tried something I unplugged the system drive again and booted and this time the screen worked I got the post screen and the same error message saying it couldn t boot I plugged the system drive back in booted up and again got the error screen Reset jumped into the bios settings reset the boot priority restarted the system and everything works fine The computer ran great all last night I put the through its paces on a few games just to make sure there were no issue and everything was great This morning I start it up and again nothing Black screen and the light on the monitor is flashing indicating no signal I have tried everything I can think of but no luck A friend of mine said it sounded like an IRQ conflict I have gone through the bios and messed with the settings but I can t get anything to work I tried to update the BIOS but I can t because the update files offered by Jetway are not compatible with Windows bit One clue I did stumble upon was as follows The motherboard does have a built in GPU In the bios settings the computer checks the PCIE slot fir a VGA device first and if there is none it then uses the on board GPU At one point I started the system up with the new card plugged in but my DVI cable plugged into the the on board graphics port The computer went straight to the on board gpu and didn t acknowledge the new one was plugged in Also please note I did contact XFX and Jetway tech support yesterday The guy at XFX just blamed the motherboard manufacturer and the guy at Jetway well it was just embarrassing He knew nothing about the product and couldn t understand the question I was asking Any help Anything I can try that I haven t yet Thank you in advance -Pete nbsp

A:New video card won't display.

I have suggested that we continue on the original topic - removing the SOLVED indicator from it.
It seems to me to the easier course of action.
All the information is then so readily available on there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-video-card-wont-display.1093937/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have Help No Really Video - Display aggervaited - a Clevo D GHz GB GB Ati Radeon laptop I just bought off of eBay The guy included GB of ram and it ran fine for or hours Awesome display unbeliveable graphics I stupidly try to add the extra GB of RAM and when I turn the laptop back on the screen is blank but you can hear the laptop running I had no internet access so I messed with it for a couple days while we was on vacation and finally No Video Display - Help - Really aggervaited came to the assumption it was a loose connection Tonight I take the keyboard off and look at the motherboard and No Video Display - Help - Really aggervaited the LCD Cable from LCD to motherboard appears fine and the inverter OK is green and appears to be connected I don t know where else to check The fan is turning I can hear noises being made but the screen is blank It was working fine until I tried adding RAM Any ideas would be appreciated Now I can t tell for sure if I see the whole video card I see a white connection w somewhere to plug into it its uncovered The rest is covered by the power button and buttons The motherboard is off Help I don t think the Video Card is bad- or I hope not Any ideas how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

2 days ago i took out my Nvidia geforce 4 ti4200 and put in a Sapphire radeon 9600xt, and it was working great. Today when i was playing battlefield2 my comp just restarted in the middle of the game, then it returned to windows it restarted again and now my monitor was saying " No video input signal". I took out my new vid card and put my old one back in and still says the message, so i tried a different monitor and still same message. I know it isnt the card that is causing the problem because i tested it in another computer and it works fine. I dont think it is the power supply either because the comp turns on i kno it boots up and all but no display. Is it posible that my AGP slot is burned or MOBO is screwed.
Please help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-problems-no-display.30572/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Packard Bell AMD K6-II system, and the hard drive died. Instead of Win98, I installed NT (with all the upgrades and fixes). Under Win98, the monitor displayed 1024 x 768 pixels. but under NT, the Display applet in the Control Panel only goes up to 800 x 600. Is there a way to 'fix' the Display applet, or alternatively, a way to change the display resolution through DOS? HELP!! I REALLY NEED 1024 x 768, as I am not a casual user.

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG, 06/25/98
THANKS!!!

A:1024 x 768 video display

Originally posted by chris584
I have a Packard Bell AMD K6-II system, and the hard drive died. Instead of Win98, I installed NT (with all the upgrades and fixes). Under Win98, the monitor displayed 1024 x 768 pixels. but under NT, the Display applet in the Control Panel only goes up to 800 x 600. Is there a way to 'fix' the Display applet, or alternatively, a way to change the display resolution through DOS? HELP!! I REALLY NEED 1024 x 768, as I am not a casual user.

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG, 06/25/98
THANKS!!! Click to expand...

You will have to install a driver for your video card. If you have not updated the card, go to the mfg web site and download the driver for NT. After it is installed you should be able to set the resolution to what you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1024-x-768-video-display.39639/
Relevancy 40.42%

Why does my computer video display suddenly go GREEN when using Windows Media Player and I am watching a Streaming Video News feed. I have the latest drivers for the video card and the latest version of video media player but from time to time when watching Broad Band Video the display goes GREEN ie you can see the figures but the only available colour is green. This is very annoying and I would like to fix it.

A:Video Display goes Green

Probably because you dont have the right codecs (coder/decoder). i use this one: here although u can install others if need be. this pack should give u everything u need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display-goes-green.363936/
Relevancy 40.42%

HI Im trying to help out my teenage son He has a Dell desktop How video dual display? to w How to dual video display? Vista It came with the Intel integrated video chip My question is can I buy a Geforce PCIe card install it and run dual monitors One monitor on the integrated connection and the other monitor on the PCIe card connection port Both monitors use the VGA jacks None are digital connections He wants to be able to have his video game running on one display and have his AIM running on the other display at the same time Or do I have to buy a video card with dual VGA How to dual video display? ports buildt on the board OR do I need TWO PCIe video cards One other question I see most Geforce PCIe cards have a VGA AND a digital display connection port Can I run dual displays on the one PCIe card One a VGA monitor the other a Digital if I got a monitor with digital connection Sorry for all the question in one post Just looking for the correct way to do this Thanks in advance -Dez nbsp

A:How to dual video display?

The onboard graphics will disabled when a graphics card is installed.
You need a graphics card that has dual ports, either two vga,two dvi or one of each
Make sure the old graphic drivers are deleted FIRST before installing the new card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-dual-video-display.772269/
Relevancy 40.42%

Greetings,

I remotely logon to a computer running XP. When I try to view a video it displays very choppy, any suggestion on correcting the display ???

Jon

A:Video Display Choppy

Remotely? As in remote desktop? No, response time is slow. It's largely dependent on internet connection speed, but even with a fast connection, there is lag even when trying to perform normal functions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-display-choppy-566908.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am having some MAJOR problems trying to get my Gefroce 8800 working on my PC. It feels like i have tried EVERYTHING.

I have a dual core 2400 AMD athlon 2 gigs of ram, XP.

The exact problem. "card is not found" what I have tried.
in BIOS switch settings to PCIE, Disabled onboard video card through control panel, went out and bought a 650 watt power supply. removed and plugged in card multiple times, tried card in buddies system (worked fine) tried a older video card in my system, it worked fine.

The exact card is a 8800 Geforce GT 512mb. My motherboard is a Asus M2V-Mx SE PLEASE... someone tell me how to get my card working!... Everytime I restart the computer it looks and looks for the card (for about a minute) and the reverts back to the on board card.

THANKS!

Relevancy 40.42%

Hey, I have a problem with my video display. My screen fuzzes up randomly as in the pixels kind of shift around. If you look at eh attached photo and look in the corner, you will see the slight white parts on the black. This happens even when I'm running a game.
Say the game's main background colour is red and the secondary colour is green. Sometimes the green will shift onto the red or the opposite. Also, sometimes instead of colour switching. White and black patches appear, giving the effect of a fuzzy screen. Please help me solve this problem.

Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

A:Video Display Fuzzy

Welcome to Seven Forums kevi34334.
You may be overheating the graphics chip (GPU). I think what you're experiencing is artifacts. You can dowload techPowerUp! :: Downloads to check your temps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/179498-video-display-fuzzy.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Good morning. I have a Toshiba Satellite A205 running Win Vista home basic. When I try to play and then project the feed of a dvd or cd I get messages like windows media player cannot play or unable to display please change the display mode which I have numerous times and ways. I have downloaded and installed the K-Lite Codec Pack and the VLC Media Player and the Toshiba drivers but nothing seems to work. Please help me if you can. Thanks Steve

A:cannot get video display to project

steve, what is the file extension of video in dvd. does it has general video extension or is it in quickplayer extension.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-video-display-to-project.931655/
Relevancy 40.42%

I recently did some major system maintenance on this machine as I hadn't done so in some time Ended up clearing out a lot display Video problems? of unnecessary Registry values did some cleaning of various spyware did some disk cleanups and freed up space in general among other things Problem is now for the most part I'm unable to see video most of the time I say most of the time because curiously if I load up a playlist of videos and cycle through them a Video display problems? couple of them will often Video display problems? start working after a few cycles through the playlist but will often go black again after I cycle through the playlist again I assumed the issue came from FFDshow so I reinstalled it to no avail Even tried a few different versions dating back to I've uninstalled and reinstalled all the standard codecs like DivX and XVid but still cannot get my videos to work with any consistency Anyone got some suggestions I think a key file or two might have been subject to corruption due to the spyware and virus cleanouts of which I emptied the quarantines I downloaded the latest K-lite mega pack even which detected some corrupted codecs and replaced them but my situation hasn't improved Videos seem to work only about of the time and do not display the vast majority of the times Audio works perfectly fine however Edit Relevent I figure is the fact that VLC media player does not work either It's not just WMP

A:Video display problems?

Hmm... I disabled overlays in WMP11 and it seems to work fine now... Odd. I wonder what was up, as I never changed any settings in WMP11 that would otherwise enable overlay or whatever.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-display-problems-195881.html