Windows Support Forum

Unable to open Microsoft office documents(excel,word) in Internet Explorer when we enforce strict TLS 1.2 protocol (Disabling SSL v2,SSL v3,TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1)on the webserver

Q: Unable to open Microsoft office documents(excel,word) in Internet Explorer when we enforce strict TLS 1.2 protocol (Disabling SSL v2,SSL v3,TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1)on the webserver

Unable to open Microsoft Office documents(excel,word) in Internet Explorer when we enforce strict TLS 1.2 protocol (Disabling SSL v2,SSL v3,TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1)on the webserver. We tested by removing strict TLS 1.2 and IE is able to open the document fine.
Error description : We see a Microsoft Excel Security Warning with the following content.
Certificate error
The application experienced an internal error loading the SSL libraries.

When we disabled SSL V2 and SSL V3, the document opens fine but when TLS 1.0 is disabled we are seeing the pop-up with certificate error. We tried to open the reports in CSV format, 2007 format and 2003 format and all of them have the same issue. Does
Internet Explorer have any restrictions when TLS 1.2 is strictly enabled ?

Note : We are able to download the document using Internet explorer and the document opens fine from local but opening the document from the browser fails with certificate error.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9bfa6b18-6ae3-427a-9fe1-0ede15f97875/unable-to-open-microsoft-office-documentsexcelword-in-internet-explorer-when-we-enforce-strict?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to open Microsoft office documents(excel,word) in Internet Explorer when we enforce strict TLS 1.2 protocol (Disabling SSL v2,SSL v3,TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1)on the webserver

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 108.36%

Hi,
I can not open ms Word documents by double-clicking on them anymore, When ever I do so I get a mesage saying: "There was a problem sending the command to the program."
I do get the Word window open but there is nothing in it. I have tried this with .doc, .docx and .txt files and I get the same thing.
But I can open files if I first open word and then go to Open and select a document from there, but not by double clicking.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and Microsoft Office Word 2007, can anyone help me?

A:Can not open documents in Microsoft Office Word 2007

Open Word, go to the Office Orb, then Resources, and then "Run Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

This will check out the install and do a repair if needed. You will need to the "Office cache" file on the hard drive or have the Office CD handy, if it is needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-open-documents-in-microsoft-office-word-2007.907959/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hello,
For some reason, when I click on on Microsoft Works, I get a quick flash of it trying to open & then NOTHING!!
I have sooo many important saved documents that I really need to be able to open again...
I have gotten rid of Microsoft Money & maybe Microsoft Office as well but not sure...
Any ideas on what I can try??

A:HELP!!! Microsoft Works Word Processor will not open, unable to open ANY documents!!!

From how you describe it,it looks as if something is denying it.such as your firewall or if you are using Firefox you might not have it as allowed,these are just guesses however,take a look at this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241165

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-microsoft-works-word-processor-will-not-open-unable-to-open-any-documents.755324/
Relevancy 93.31%

I recently installed the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta, but this morning its intro screen stays stuck at "Starting Microsoft Office Click-to-Run." Googling it resulted in only two threads, neither of them having the answer.

I'm back to using Office 2007, by simply setting my Word and Excel documents to open by Office 2007 by default, but now my Word and Excel icons have become much less pretty, such as my Word icons becoming a very plain "DOCX" icon instead of the normal "blue W" icon. I checked, and the file types are still regular Word documents. Is there a way to get the pretty icons back?

A:Office 2010 Problems: "Starting Microsoft Office Click-to-Run" & Unattractive DOCX icons for Word documents.

Regarding changing the icon:
Go to either My Computer or Windows Explorer.
Click Tools, Folder Options, File Types tab.
Scroll down to the DOCX file type (file types are in alphabetical order), click on it one time to highlight it.
Click the Advanced button.
The "Edit File Type" screen appears.
There is a Change Icon button in the top right area.
Click the Change Icon button.
You should have other icon choices to pick from.
Side note: If you don't like any of those icons, you can always hit the Browse button,
and browse to where other icons are, (you can assign any icon to any file type that you want, it is a matter of personal preference).
Icons are found in .exe files (executables), some (not all) .dll (dynamic link library) files, and .ico files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296907/office-2010-problems-starting-microsoft-office-click-to-run-unattractive-docx-icons-for-word-documents/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello,

I was trying to clean up my computer and was running various spyware and adware programs when I noticed everytime I open a Word Document a prompt opens which begins to download Microsoft Office.

Please help. I thank you very much in advance.

Halfahotdog

A:Word Documents Install Microsoft Office

Do you mean that the office program on your computer attempts to open?
What malware are you trying to remove? What are the symptoms?
What program(s) have you used to remove the malware?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97901/word-documents-install-microsoft-office/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi All,

I work on a web application that has Excel and Word documents in it.

At the moment when a user opens these documents in IE9 they get presented with a dialog box asking:

What do you want to do with "filename"?

The user is presented with Open, Save and Save As as the options.

Unlike previous versions of IE there is no check box to tick to remember the user's choice so it comes up every time.

I really need to get rid to this box. Does anyone know how to disable it?

Thanks

Tom

A:How to get Excel and Word documents to open without the Open,Save,SaveAs box opening

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Click Start => My Computer => Tools => Folder Options => Click on File Types tab => In the file types list => click Excel => click Advanced => UNcheck clear the Browse in same window check box (or click to clear the Open Web documents in place check box) => Click OK

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-to-get-excel-and-word-documents-to-open-without-the-open-save-saveas-box-opening-566190.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi,

Got a problem with Word and Excel 2007.

Both programs open ok (under 2 seconds), so no problems there.

The problem is opening the program by means of opening a document. It takes about 1 minute

Exactly the same thing with both Word and Excel.

Has anyone got a solution? Surely there must be a quick little registry tweak to sort this out?

Other info:
Outlook 2007 works ok, no delays
Windows XP works ok
No speed issues with computer
Did not previously have Office 2003
Word/Excel documents are local, computer is not on a network
Computer is free from spyware and viruses

A:Word and Excel 2007 - Programs open ok - documents take ages to open

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-and-excel-2007-programs-open-ok-documents-take-ages-to-open.650978/
Relevancy 89.44%

Running Win XP on a home built Intel Core 2 duo platform. Just started within the last week or so. I can open the software from the CD, but not from my hard drive

Relevancy 88.15%

Okay so you know my system details I have a Dell Studio XPS laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit on it and McAfee Security Center Now the problem When I first got my laptop and installed Microsoft Office Enterprise on it Word worked more or less fine One thing that was kinda weird from the beginning was the fact that sometimes and error message dialog box would pop up when I would double-click a word document to open that said something to the effect of quot can not find file quot on it I found that if I already had Microsoft Word open that the word document would Can not Microsoft open documents Word immediately open on the first double-click Now Microsoft Word won't allow me to open any word documents I have tried double clicking them Ctrl O and even selecting Open after pressing the Office button- but nothing will work Every time Can not open Microsoft Word documents I try to open a word document Microsoft Word freezes Strangely enough I just discovered that I can open documents that are in the recently open documents that pop up whenever you place the cursor over the Open selection in the Office button- but other than that nada I have run diagnostics no errors were found done a repair to no avail When I reinstalled Office it basically returned to the original problem of just not opening documents by double-clicking Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do Is this a problem with Office not being completely compatible with x Is there some upgrade to fix this

http://www.vistax64.com/software/255719-can-not-open-microsoft-word-documents.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I have a Dell Dimension running Office XP and I use Microsoft Office Professional I bought this computer in I have been having a problem for several weeks ever since I had a number of viruses and other bad things going on with my computer which have since been resolved I can t open documents that I had previously created with Microsoft Office Word and Excel When I try to do so I Solved: Documents Microsoft Office Can't Open get a message at the bottom of the screen that says quot requesting virus scan Solved: Can't Open Microsoft Office Documents quot and a timer comes up but then nothing happens I have tried a number of things including uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office Professional going to the Help Menu Detect and Repair when I open Excel or Word and nothing works I was having trouble even opening Word it would only open in Safe mode every other time I tried to open it until I read another helpful hint in this forum today about renaming normal dot I am hoping that someone Solved: Can't Open Microsoft Office Documents will be able to help me with this problem as I am pulling my hair out I had Solved: Can't Open Microsoft Office Documents someone come to help me clean out my computer when I was having all my problems several weeks ago and he was not able to figure this one out either nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

Hello everyone thanks for viewing So I logged onto my laptop to work on my university assignment some more and poof it won't open I keep getting the same error - open Error Documents will 2003 :( not Office Word every time I can open the file in WordPad but I just get fifteen pages of quot gt lt quot amp quot I can open it in OpenOffice but the formatting all changes headers footers disappear images disappear text boxes containing quotes aren't there I copied the Open Office version into a new blank Word page and filled in the blanks which took me an hour but when I saved and opened the file I got the same Office 2003 Error - will not open Word Documents :( error Hoping it was me doing something wrong with the way I saved it or the default program to open it I repeated the process taking up another hour but I'd done it right and got the same error code The default program to open it is Office the same format I made saved the replacement file in It makes no sense to me Also why now What changed It was working fine yesterday Not done any downloads or scans so I don't know what the changed factor is Please can anyone help me these assignments are dawning upon me and I need to get my finishing touches done before I can submit them I also don't want to risk submitting a faulty file Thank you so much

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/387223-office-2003-error-will-not-open-word-documents.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium MS Can't Open Office etc) Powerpoint, Documents Solved: (Word, bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Solved: Can't Open MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, etc) Documents Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire M U G Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Disabled The trial period was over for the MS Office trial that came preloaded on my new computer so I bought and activated the MS Office Home and Student product key Afterwards I had been able to open and edit Word Powerpoint etc documents I recently uninstalled the MS Office trial that was on my new computer to try to get rid of quot junk quot that was taking up space Now I can t open open any of the existing documents I have saved on my desktop or anywhere else The only way I can even save and open a document is to open the for example Word app make a new document and save it to desktop and then open the Word app File Open and open it from there The message I get when I try to open a document is quot This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Please install a program or if one is already installed create an association in the Defaults Programs control panel quot I tried to do that and change doc file type so that the current default of quot Unknown application quot would change so it would open with MS Office Virtualization Handler and when I tried to open a word document on my desktop it wouldn t open After more fiddling now I have word documents opening with different applications WordPad and Microsoft Works Word Processor doc associated with Microsoft Works Word Processor docx associated with WordPad First how do I undo this Second why wouldn t my documents open in the first place before I did anything in control panel Please help me before my brothers find out actually want to do homework on the computer nbsp

A:Solved: Can't Open MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, etc) Documents

Things got messed up as you uninstalled the trial version after installing the Home and Student version.
You may need to remove the H and S version and reinstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-open-ms-office-word-powerpoint-etc-documents.990398/
Relevancy 88.15%

When I click on the name of Word document in a folder to open it, it hangs and then says "Not responding". (This just started happening.) I have the same problem with files in Excel and html (where I use Firefox).

However, I can open files fine if I go to Word and use File, Open.

For some reason, I can still use a folder to open PowerPoint and Adobe files.

I have Windows XP and use Office 2007.

I regularly scan my computer for viruses (with Norton) and for spyware (with SpySweeper) and haven't found any problems.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Rayas78

A:Word/Excel documents won't open from folder

Hey Ray,

I had a similar problem which was probably different than yours, but here it is for your info. I couldn't access EXCEL or WORD. I would get a lock up and eventually a "can't open excel' message. The short of it was my NORTON had gotten corrupted and because it was set to scan those documents upon opening, it cause them to halt.

Maybe that tidbit will lead you somewhere. Good luck.

- Castleheart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-excel-documents-wont-open-from-folder.621751/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi all
can you tell me if it is possible or not to use Office web App server 2013 alone without going through SharePoint, Lync, or exchange 2013?
Let me explain:
in a society where there is an infrastructure SharePoint, Lync and exchange 2013 with office web app server 2013, is a user that does not have office on his Computer, can open office (word excel..) document, bypassing SharePoint, Lync and exchange?
If it is possible thanks to guide me on how I can find nothing on the net...
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9021eb97-7258-423e-8929-d6bfcdc8da68/can-i-open-office-word-excel-with-office-document-web-app-server-wac-bypassing-sharepoint?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 87.72%

My friend has a LEGALLY obtained version of word 2010 and the access code for it but is unable to open up .docx sent to him but he is able open word and begin a new document, and when i did a C drive search for the Word application there wasn't one. any insight would help, Thanks.

A:unable to open up word documents

Does it work by opening Word, then opening the document from there?

If so, make sure .docx is associated with Word, which is located here as "WINWORD.EXE":

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/224181-unable-open-up-word-documents.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I'm a high school student whose been using Word 2001 on Vista for about 2 years without any problems. Recently, however, I couldn't open Word at all, it would just have that image of Word and "this product is liscenced to..." I later went online trying to find a solution and found out that I should delete the normal.dot templates. So I deleted the files normal.dot, normal11.dot, and a normal that looked like it came from the office 2007 trial (Microsoft Office Word Macro-Enabled Template). Well, this allowed me to open Word and save files. However, I can't open any saved files. Is there any solution to this? Thanks, I'm not particularly good with computers.

Relevancy 87.29%

Problem When I try to open Word documents Word will open but then tell me quot The file lt blah gt is not available quot I can Documents; Word close 03 Open - Won't Won't right Microsoft still open the documents using other applications such as Microsoft Works so I know it's not a problem with the file Problem When I click the lovely X to close Microsoft Word 03 - Won't Open Documents; Won't close right Microsoft Word I get a popup that says quot The file Normal already exists Do you want to replace the existing file quot It doesn't matter if I click Yes No or Cancel it then opens the quot Save As quot Microsoft Word 03 - Won't Open Documents; Won't close right window with the folder being quot Templates quot So I hit cancel and then I get another popup that says quot Changes have been made that affect the global template Normal Do you want to save those changes quot I hit No I've also tried Yes and it finally closes And then I cry myself to sleep Any suggestions at all I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office but that doesn't fix it Thanks for reading all this

A:Microsoft Word 03 - Won't Open Documents; Won't close right

Please click here for information. Let us know if that doesn't fix the problem.~67~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10394/microsoft-word-03-wont-open-documents;-wont-close-right/
Relevancy 87.29%

hey guys, i've got like 7 documents i need to look at. i was wondering if it's possible for me to open all of them at once instead of opening them individually?

thanks

Relevancy 86.86%

I'd had just gotten a brand new harddrive for my laptop and once I brought all my old documents from word over to the new harddrive from my USB drive and then reinstalled Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 and I try to open a document up an error message pops up saying "C:/Users/Sean/Documents/____/___.doc is not a valid Win32 application". Is there a way to get rid of this or bypass this and get my document to work again? Any help would be very grateful and I would appreciate it.

A:WORD Documents unable to open anymore - NEED HELP!

Open a command prompt and type in:

assoc .doc

Then see what it tells you.

(Note that there is a space between assoc and .doc)

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/99649-word-documents-unable-open-anymore-need-help.html
Relevancy 86.86%

When I click on a link on a word document or on excel, I am unable to open the link and I get the following message:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

I am the only operator and I did not place any restrictions.

Thanks.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2038 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 70017 MB, Free - 57129 MB; D: Total - 6275 MB, Free - 3453 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0HH807
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:UNABLE TO OPEN LINKS FROM WORD DOCUMENTS

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Are you sure that your account is an administrator account?

How about if you also hold down control?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-open-links-from-word-documents-688249.html
Relevancy 86.43%

In my office we are using MS Office 2000 & Some of our clients are using higher version of office may be Office 2007. The problem is when we are trying to open these documents in our office it never opened. Is there anybody who can give me the solution for this problem. I know it is a small problem for you all. But please help may be any converter can help me but I don't know which

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 86.43%

Whenever I try to open any of my Microsoft Office documents (excel or word), the Windows Installer box pops up and I get the "preparing to install" and "please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003" messages. The document semms like it's opening but it only shows a blank page with a gray background. I'm running Windows XP and as was mentioned, Windows Office Professional Edition 2003.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363791/windows-installer-starts-when-i-open-microsoft-office-documents/
Relevancy 86%

My desktop pc is a Compaq Presario with Windows 95 and Microsoft Office. Recently it has started taking forever to close down a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet. The program itself closes out in normal speed but its the separate documents that take forever.

I have checked disk space - plenty available. I have done the usual maintenance ie defragmentation, scan disk etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Diane

A:Microsoft Office-Word and Excel

If you're using office 97, according to microsoft, one possibility is that outlook is journalizing your other office documents. They say to start outlook and under tools / options / journal clear all the check boxes under 'also record files from' list. They say this can cause files to close slowly even if outlook isn't running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word-and-excel.47294/
Relevancy 85.57%

When I click on a link on a word document or on excel, I am unable to open the link and I get the following message:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Thanks
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
Hard Drives: C: Total - 70017 MB, Free - 57195 MB; D: Total - 6275 MB, Free - 3453 MB;
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Solved: Unable to open links from word documents

LUIS39 said:

Thanks
Hard Drives: C: Total - 70017 MB, Free - 57195 MB; D: Total - 6275 MB, Free - 3453 MB;
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: EnabledClick to expand...

Hi Luis, Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Perhaps this can be of some help.

Fix unable to open url error message in Word: http://www.askageek.com/2009/11/08/fix-unable-to-open-url-error-message-in-word/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-open-links-from-word-documents.1091303/
Relevancy 85.57%

Why is it that when using my laptop I am able to print from a web page, yet when I attempt to print from a program like Open Office or WordPad I invariably get a message telling me that my printer is offline? What must I do in order to be able to print an Open Office or WordPad document? I don't recall having this problem before? I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who may be able to help me. Thank you.

Relevancy 85.57%

HOTFIX to correct this issue
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978551

Starting on December 11, 2009, customers who use Office 2003 will be unable to open Office 2003 documents that are protected with the Active Directory Rights Management Service (AD RMS) or with Rights Management Services (RMS). Customers will also be unable to save Office 2003 documents that are protected with AD RMS/RMS.

Users may receive the following error message when they try to open AD RMS-protected or RMS-protected documents by using Office 2003:

"Unexpected error occurred. Please try again later or contact your system administrator"

Scope: This symptom affects Office 2003 products that are used together with AD RMS/RMS. This includes Word 2003, Excel 2003, PowerPoint 2003, and Outlook 2003. This does not affect the 2007 Microsoft Office system.

Cause:
The expiry date for the license information within the definition file that is used by Office 2003 to enable IRM functionality is set to December 10, 2009. This problem occurs because the expiry date was not renewed. Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-2003-unable-to-open-documents-protected-with-ad-rms-rms.893825/
Relevancy 85.14%

I downloaded a registry checker program to fix my computer(win98SE). Now I can't open
none of the microsoft office programs, its saying no application found,need to install program again. Also some other programs on my computer I can't open.

A:microsoft office : word,excel,powerpoint,etc

looks like you registry program may have deleted the links to some of your programs
did you make a backup of your registry at all -

try not to reboot - as I think win98 should back up the registry on each boot - but it only keeps a few copies - 5 I think

i know other members here are far more expert at this then I - so hopefully they will answer

but an answer to
did you make a backup of your registry at allClick to expand...

would be useful

also what was the registry checker program called - may help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word-excel-powerpoint-etc.469808/
Relevancy 85.14%

In both Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, when I do a "File, Open" command, a box comes up showing the contents of the last directory I used. If I then attempt to use the drop down from this box to navigate to a new directory, it takes 65 seconds before the drop down list appears, and then another 30-40 seconds before the drop-down menu responds to my request for a new directory.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Microsoft office, and I have run the "detect and repair" option in the help menu. Nothing seems to fix the problem. I have no idea why this is happening or what Microsoft Office is doing during those 65 seconds to produce the drop down list and during the following 30-40 seconds to navigate to a requested directory in the drop down list.

I do not have this problem with other applications such as Lotus 123.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 84.71%

If I open up a link which has a word document, IE 11 will download and open it. If i then leave word open and then go to another link to and try to download
and open up another word document, the window doesn't become active and it sits minimised in the taskbar flashing. If I click on it to give focus it opens and shows the document I downloaded. This is very annoying. Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried
loading both word in safe mode and IE with no addins and still get the same behaviour.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0b30b648-4efe-4d66-9a9a-a4b9aa53cbf8/internet-explorer-11-downloading-and-opening-up-word-documents-with-word-2013?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi. I have a Gateway laptop with Vista. My Microsoft Word trial period has run out, and I have a bunch of Word & Excel documents saved. If I download Open Office, will it run those documents ?

Relevancy 84.28%

Microsoft Word Is Under A Hack Attack Do Not Open Documents Named ' RTF' By Julie Bort March Microsoft Corp on Monday issued an emergency security warning saying that hackers have Microsoft Word Documents Is Under Not Open '.RT A Hack Attack: Do WARNING: Named found a way to booby-trap certain common Word files with the rtf extension Microsoft says it's aware of attacks going on now but there's no fix yet to stop the hackers It's working on WARNING: Microsoft Word Is Under A Hack Attack: Do Not Open Documents Named '.RT a way to stop the bug The only way to be sure your computer won't get infected is not to open a document with the rtf file extension until Microsoft says it's fine to do so This is WARNING: Microsoft Word Is Under A Hack Attack: Do Not Open Documents Named '.RT the worst kind of attack A hacker who manages to get you to open a booby-trapped file can gain control of your computer From there the hacker can do all kinds of things For instance the hacker can turn your computer WARNING: Microsoft Word Is Under A Hack Attack: Do Not Open Documents Named '.RT into a so-called zombie by putting it on an illegal botnet That means hackers can use your computer as part of a bigger network of computers to do all kinds of illegal things like send spam spread viruses and commit fraud Edit Moved topic from Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum since this is not a request for malware assistance Animal

A:WARNING: Microsoft Word Is Under A Hack Attack: Do Not Open Documents Named '.RT

This specific subject has already been reported here 2 days ago: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528746/microsoft-announces-vulnerability-when-viewing-rtf-documents-in-word/Please continue any discussion regarding the issue in the original news topic. To avoid confusion and duplication of comments this topic is closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528976/warning-microsoft-word-is-under-a-hack-attack-do-not-open-documents-named-rt/
Relevancy 84.28%

I made a topic quite a long time ago, with little response from this community.. I've decided to download desktop recording software and take a video clip of the error..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy397wnN4HM

I've tried downloading recommended updates from Windows, I've tried repairing the installation, I've tried reinstalling Office 2007, I've tried repairing the program internally, I've tried many other solutions, with no progression.

Any help towards a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-2007-stops-responding-everytime-i-try-to-save-open-documents.766035/
Relevancy 83.85%

My computer did some sort of restore yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what happened. My son was looking at the computer trying to fix a problem with the audio because nothing I tried had worked. (No sound and computer wasn't giving me access to control panel.) When he gave me back the computer, everything was gone. I have the Lenovo apps, my personal files and I managed to get Windows back to what I think is an 8.1 version. (minimal changes to what I had) What I still need desperately is to find my Microsoft Software that came loaded on the computer..Excel, Word, Powerpoint ,etc. My ex says it might be on a "partition". Don't know what that is or how to get there. Help.

A:How do I get back Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint?

If you do not have the disc but you have the genuine product key for Office 2007 you can download and install it from HERE.i_Xp/Vista/W7User

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-get-back-microsoft-office-word-excel-powerpoint/1927.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Currently running Windows 7 home premium. An automatic update has prevented me from accessing my documents and redirected me purchase Microsoft Office 2010. I installed Open Office but can only view individual documents by opening with Open Office. How do I run Open Office automatically? Do I uninstall Microsoft Office?

A:Microsoft Word to Open Office

Hi Xander82, and welcome to TSG.

The following page on the Microsoft web site explains how to set default programs to open different file types in Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-which-programs-windows-uses-by-default

If your current trial installation of MS-Office has expired and you do not wish to purchase it, then yes, you can uninstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-to-open-office.1109244/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi All of a sudden microsoft word will not open properly. I get the page with the hourglass but it doesn't open to a fresh page for typing and I cannot open any of my documents either. I have tried system restore but didn't have a point far enough back for it to work. I have tried reinstalling from a disk I had from my old computer, but it doesn't work either.
I don't know why it would suddenly just stop working, it keeps telling me to report the problem, which I have done endlessly.
I am on XP using an admittedly old version of Word (2000) but it has always worked just fine before.
Can anyone help me with this please? Many thanks.

Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

Great Forum. Wonderful, knowledgeable folks.

Had to re-format HD, and seems to be working now.
But for how much longer, who knows.

On the old setup, I had MS WORD and Excel.
Many existing files of both.

I only have, if I remember right, 2 or 3 downloads allowable/available from the
Student Edition of them that I purchased a while ago.

So, I don't want to use up what is left on my present PC, as I have real doubts about it lasting much longer.

I heard about Open Office, and that it is free, and "completely" compatible with the MS equivalents. True ? Or,... ?

Is this what I want ?
Are there "better" free ones tghat would work very well with my existing WORD and Excel stuff ?
If so, suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

A:Open Office, And MS WORD/EXCEL Questions

Both Open office and Libre Office can open most Word/Excel documents provided they don't use any incompatible features. They will not open any encrypted documents however. It is also possible to save documents in .doc and .docx format though how compatible the .docx format is I am not sure.

Home ? LibreOffice

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

There is also Kingsoft which looks like Office 2003 and can read but not write the later Office file types. There are free versions of this.

Downloading Office Software suite, --- Kingsoft Office software download

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/199889-open-office-ms-word-excel-questions.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Everything worked fine until a few days ago when I couldn't print a worksheet from Excel. I tried printing from Word and that failed too. I can print with no trouble from other applications. My printer is Epson Stylus C62 and Excel and Word are from Microsoft Office X for Mac 2008. The following happens in Word but not Excel: after attempting to print various commandx available before become unavailable - they are greyed out.

My Mac OS is Version 10.6.8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-word-or-excel-from-office-x-for-mac-2008.1039807/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have been able to successfully transfer Word Documents from Microsoft Word 2003 to Open Office Docs without any problems but I am unable to transfer a Word Document in the opposite direction. I.e.: from Open to Microsoft Word 2003
Can anyone help please?

A:Solved: open office/microsoft word

You got it save it as a Word Document in Open Office. If you opened it and then resaved it in Open Office it may have saved it as an Open Office file type instead of a Microsoft Word File Type. I know there is a way to make Open Office to default to saving as a Word Document. Just look thru the settings. So your first step to investigate is too see what file type OpenOffice is saving as by default.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-open-office-microsoft-word.795270/
Relevancy 82.99%

When I try to open Microsoft Office Word a Can't open 2003 Microsoft Word Office window pops up that says window installer then it says installing microsoft Can't open Microsoft Office Word 2003 office word feature It stops half way and another window pops up that says Installation error file not found A required installation file SKU CAB could not be found Original installation source required If you installed Microsoft Office Standard edition from cd please insert your cd If you installed Microsoft office standard edition over your computer network please browse to the installation source on your computer Also a window popped up that says Microsoft word has not been installed for the current user Please run setup to install application I don t have the cd its lost This just started doing this about a month ago I can t open any files through microsoft office word or power point I have Can't open Microsoft Office Word 2003 windows xp I don t know hardly anything about computers so I don t know what to do Any help will be appreciated nbsp

A:Can't open Microsoft Office Word 2003

duplicated thread - closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-microsoft-office-word-2003.866059/
Relevancy 82.99%

When I open a microsoft office word document a light blue screen comes up which is usually the screen behind the word doc that opens. In order for me to pull up the doc I am looking for I have to hit the menu on top left and click recent documents and then it opens the doc. Also, if I right click and choose word to open the doc an error message pops up saying "Windows cannot find C:documents and settings/administrator/desktop/charlie/d? make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again". I am using Office 2007 and this happens with every document I open that is a word document. It does not happen with Excel

A:Cannot open a Microsoft word doc with office 2007

"Windows cannot find C:documents and settings/administrator/desktop/charlie/d?

Can you please post the rest of that error message.
It might be important to know what the system is looking for

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370093/cannot-open-a-microsoft-word-doc-with-office-2007/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have Microsoft Office 2013 Word program I am trying to open has been opening ok until this morning as begins to open it keeps displaying this message Microsoft Word We're Sorry, but word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly word will need to be closed a result and it gives three options Repair,Help,Close what is happening and how do I fix it? It was working perfectly ok until this morning.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/385199-microsoft-office-word-fails-open.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Sony laptop PCG-Z VA XP home edition w svc pak My Word program will not work I have used the quot Word quot icon and have also opened the program folder and double clicked the quot winword exe quot file and have come up with the same results The window opens up and displays the quot Word quot icon at the top of the window along with the text quot Document - Microsoft Word quot but it is a blank Microsoft open 2000-Word will Office not page I wait a few minutes and open the Windows Task Mgr and see where the quot Word quot program status is quot not responding quot I have uninstalled and reinstalled have used Microsoft Office 2000-Word will not open the quot repair quot function of the installation program and have also reinstalled quot Word quot Microsoft Office 2000-Word will not open where the CD is required to open the program I have the original CDs that I purchased and have been using this Office Suite for that many years without problems All the other programs in the Suite are working Can anyone out there help me nbsp

A:Microsoft Office 2000-Word will not open

have you installed office 2000 service packs.
have you tried to search and rename Normal.dot file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-2000-word-will-not-open.845578/
Relevancy 82.56%

Greetings,

I'm a former IT Systems Technician, and my girlfriend is a work-from-home writer. I've recently migrated her PC's original processor and ram from an HP motherboard to an ASRock board, linking the original WD Caviar Blue 1TB drive to the board as a secondary drive to collect documents and storage from, while running Windows 8.1 (up to date) on a Seagate Barracuda 250GB for the main OS and programs drive.

With those specs out there in the open, now it's time to get to the root of the problem.

As a work-from-home writer, my girlfriend depends on the ability to save her documents to Microsoft's OneDrive and upload them to her publisher, but with this error showing up, she cannot get them to save. I have never seen such a message in my many years of IT service, and I'm completely baffled.

I am the administrator... So now I turn to you guys for help.

A:Microsoft Office Word 2013 unable to save?

Do have have more than 1 version of Office installed on the machine? The error message seems to be indicating that there are 2 or more MS Office products installed that are in conflict with each other.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/69976-microsoft-office-word-2013-unable-save.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Not sure what's going on with my pc, but when I do the following, the programs just freeze. And when I try to close them, it says "Not Responding."

MS Word & Excel:
It freezes if I try to open an existing file
If I create a new file, and click File + Print or File + Print Preview, it freezes

Open Office Writer:
It freezes any time I try to print

I sure hope I don't have some kind of virus.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
RAM: 3710 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 72535 MB, Free - 16017 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WG261
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 82.56%

I've been trying to resolve this very slow opening problem, but no success.
Tried "detect and repair", this worked but after restart or shutdown the problem came right back.
Any suggestions for a fix, hopefully short of reinstalling MS Office, would be greatly appreciated.

OS XPPro SP3 fully updated
MS Office 2003 fully updated

Thanks in advance

A:MS office files, Word and Excel, very slow to open

Sounds like a machine error... Tell us about your computer, connection, antivirus, and antispyware in some detail... We would like to know brand, or motherboard, age, and configuration... as well as your spyware and antivirus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-office-files-word-and-excel-very-slow-to-open.145028/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi
I may have deleted some sort of association to access microsoft office program. Also the same thing with Outlook Express but I just downloaded another one from the internet (outlook express). My computer (Compaq) came with the program so I don't have the cd to reload the program.
When I try to open the Office it says there is no program for this but I have found office files with the search.
Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan2004
P.S. Hoping I don't have to buy the cd!!!!!!

Relevancy 82.13%

I have a friend who is suddenly experiencing an issue where they are no longer able to Open an Excel file through their Windows Explorer (e.g. when trying to open a Excel file from within their My Documents folder). After double clicking on the file, Excel opens and acts as if it is opening the file but then proceeds to show just a blank worksheet. The file does not appear to be corrupt since they can then go to File/Open from within Excel, locate the folder and then Open it without a problem.

Any suggestions? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as to the cause and resolution for this.

Thank you greatly,

Mike

A:Excel 2000 - Unable to open Excel file thru Windows Explorer

Check this out: http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1781119.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2000-unable-to-open-excel-file-thru-windows-explorer.597914/
Relevancy 82.13%

I get the following message when I open Excel Word and Powerpoint Microsoft and Powerpoint Word Office opening Issues Excel, 2007 - Publisher works but dare I try any others Excel Failed to start correctly last time Starting Excel in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program Some functionality may be disabled in this mode Do you Issues opening Excel, Word and Powerpoint - Microsoft Office 2007 want to start Excel in safe mode If I click yes or no it doesn t do anything on occasion Ill get a message prompting to diagnose and repair a couple of minutes later it says i s successful but back to square one I have just installed SP in hopes there s some sort of fix to no avail I have tried a repair via the installation disc I am hoping I don t have to uninstall reinstall because I don t know if the licenses are limited If anyone could shed some light on how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it OS Windows XP with SP Model Compaq Presario V Office Microsoft Office Home And Student Specs Pentium M Ghz CPU MB RAM nbsp Issues opening Excel, Word and Powerpoint - Microsoft Office 2007

A:Issues opening Excel, Word and Powerpoint - Microsoft Office 2007

A reinstall of Office 2007 will be the quickest fix.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-opening-excel-word-and-powerpoint-microsoft-office-2007.122517/
Relevancy 81.7%

1. For a while the computer has become very slow, to open a file takes two minutes and to print a page takes five minutes.

2. Unable to open excel file directly, a blank page comes up, have to go to FILE and then select particular file to open.

I have been told to reload M/S programme to resolve this problem. Is it correct?

A:Microsoft office excel files - cannot open directly

XP ???
This is what I do ...
http://my.opera.com/Jarrah/blog/how-to-make-excel-open-each-file-in-a-separate-window

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-excel-files-cannot-open-directly.1057068/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi everyone I am having a problem opening a file that I was previously able to open and edit with no problem I am getting two errors One basically says that the file cannot be accessed and the other basically says that it cannot access the file and that the file may be encrypted Well the file is encrypted I tried to unencrypt the file but I was unsuccessful I originally encrypted the file using Windows open cannot Office Microsoft 2002: Excel a file XP which is the operating system that I use on my Microsoft Office 2002: Excel cannot open a file computer I fear that the file has become corrupted and cannot be recovered I can only hope that you all can help me to recover my file I do not have a backup of the file but I do have a printout of it so I can make it up again if I have to Unfortunately I ll have to readd some stuff on it that I have added to the file since the file was printed Luckily it is a recent printout So can I recover my file If so how I have included screen shots of the two errors but I blacked out the file name for privacy reasons Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Microsoft Office 2002: Excel cannot open a file

Well everyone, the problem is solved. Turns out that my entire Microsoft Office 2002 suite had become corrupted somehow. I haven't scanned for viruses yet but I plan to soon so as to avoid this problem in the future. I am also making sure to do a weekly backup of all my documents from now on. Later!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-2002-excel-cannot-open-a-file.232379/
Relevancy 81.27%

When start Microsoft office 2013, pop-up meassage the application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142).Click OK to close the application.

How to resolve this error??

A:Unable to open Microsoft office 2013

Hello Jason and welcome to Seven Forums.

Try repairing your Office 2013.

Repair Office programs - Outlook - Office.com

If still having problems you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling. This Microsoft KB article has an automatic "Fixit" button as well as manual instructions for uninstalling. It also provides a link on how to reinstall Office 2013.

How to uninstall Office 2013 or Office 365

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/319865-unable-open-microsoft-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My computer is windows 7, currently I found that unable to open Microsoft office, after double click Microsoft office will prompt out "The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142).Click OK to close application."

My computer have install Trustport Total Protection, when I enable Trustport Total Protection then Microsoft office 2013 can open like normal. Guy, have any solution??

A:Why unable to open Microsoft Office 2013?

Hello i recommend reading this: App-V 5.0: On these 0xc0000142 errors and where they are coming from. - [email protected] - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/325965-why-unable-open-microsoft-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I've done extensive searching on Google, but am unable to find a solution to my problem anywhere.

The problem is that when I try to click on a hyperlink in Word and Excel, it fails, saying that "no program is registered to open this file".

This is Office 2010 running on Windows 7. Does anyone here happen to know how to resolve this issue?

A:Unable to open hyperlinks in Word and Excel

This MS website may help you.

Error message when clicking hyperlink in Office: "Cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server"

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/343863-unable-open-hyperlinks-word-excel.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I'm not sure when this started as I have not used Office in a few weeks My computer uses Windows Today I went to open a document in Word and it said File Conversion--Select the encoding that makes your document readable I can choose between Windows MS-DOS or other encoding I went to check another file and it says The file cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents It also says The file is corrupt and cannot be opened I get the same kinds of messages with every document and Office Docs Microsoft Open as Word Appear Symbols Files; Cannot with my PowerPoint as well All of my Office is I tried running my AVG Free and SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition Cannot Open Microsoft Office Files; Word Docs Appear as Symbols and they did not pick up anything I also tried restoring to my last update but was told that I cannot because the Cannot Open Microsoft Office Files; Word Docs Appear as Symbols file was changed in the process I had to restore for another unrelated issue about a week ago and it worked fine I'm thinking this is some kind of virus but I have no idea how to handle it since nothing is picking it up and I can't restore to even three days ago Any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated as I am a college student and need to be able to hand in final papers Thanks

A:Cannot Open Microsoft Office Files; Word Docs Appear as Symbols

Update--I'm starting to think that one of my antiviruses cleaned out the virus because nothing is showing up, but my documents are still corrupted.  I deleted my normal.dotm file, and also scanned my C Drive for errors so I could revert to my backup from November 18, but everything is still corrupted.  I would like to know if 1) I got the virus, or if it is still lying dormant in my system somewhere; 2) if my computer is safe to use; and 3) if there is any way to get my documents back!
Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515801/cannot-open-microsoft-office-files;-word-docs-appear-as-symbols/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I am using Microsoft office 2007 and i am using Quick heal Anti-virus, After opening any Word file, Excel Document or any .CSV file it is giving me warning message " The file can not be opened becaused your antivirus scanner has detected a problem with the file."

After reinstalling MS office still i am facing this problem.

Please help me.........

~Sandeep

A:Unable to open any Microsoft office application due to virus.

Hi and Welcome,
What was it that led you to installing Quick Heal? Have you tried uninstalling that to see if that solves the problem?
If not,I suggest you post a HijackThis log in the malware/hjt forum here at TSG.
You'll have to be patient and wait for an expert to advise you. Not that many experts to go around the numbers of help requests.
Guide to procedure:
http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/622404-please-read-here-first-before.html
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-any-microsoft-office-application-due-to-virus.871182/
Relevancy 80.41%

Able to open folders. But unable to open files in the folders. Double click on a file and a matching icon appears w/a $~file name under it.

A:Unable to open any files in Microsoft Word

Lorraine,

Can you open files that are not associated with MS Word?
How are you trying to open the files, by double-clicking in Explorer/My Computer, or using File, Open in Word?

Roger

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-any-files-in-microsoft-word.46982/
Relevancy 80.41%

When I am trying to open .xls file save in the drive by double clicking it, the MS EXCEL application opens up but the file is not opened.

If I used open option in MS EXCEL then the files open up but not by double clicking it.

The problem is in some EXCEL there are excels attached as object so I am unable to open those also.

I tried uninstalling and then installing again but that too of no use.

Relevancy 80.41%

On Microsoft Word 2010, when you go to either the Open or Save as dialog boxes, you see a folder tree called "Microsoft Word", under which in my computer has Templates. In Microsoft Excel, it has a similar affect, showing "Microsoft Excel". I want to remove this tree from view, and ONLY want to see "Computer" (or "This PC" on Windows 8.1). Is this possible, and if so, how?

Can this be done locally and/or through group policy?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/371991-office-2010-remove-microsoft-word-exel-open-save-box.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)  and printer Slow When Connected To Network, But Fast When Not. with windwos vista , I have reintall the OS but still the same .
network environment  (Win server )

A:Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Outlook) and printer Slow When Connected To Network, But Fast When Not.

Hi,

Please temporarily disable the third party security programs and boot in
Clean Boot
to test this issue.

Also, please
create a new user account
to test the issue.

Regards,

Sabrina
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5fe2f4d6-387b-4521-b217-8821bcc5b4ac/microsoft-office-2007-word-excel-outlook-and-printer-slow-when-connected-to-network-but-fast?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi I wonder if anyone can suggest a fix for this I'm running XP Pro with SP on a Toshiba Satellite Pro A notebook For about Or Powerpoint For *every* Tries Ms Boot I Word, Up Do... I To Have Extras File Time Or A How Don't Office Configure Open Excel a year now every time I boot Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do... up my computer or click on a Word Excel or Powerpoint document to open it I small window titled quot Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage quot opens containing the Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do... message quot Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage quot Then Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do... another window opens telling me quot The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PROPLUS MSI' in the box below quot and there's a 'Use Source' field with a dropdown menu as well as Browse OK and Cancel buttons When I click on Cancel a third window appears with the message quot Error Setup cannot find the required files Check your connection to the network or CD-ROM drive For other potential solutions to this problem see C Program Files Microsoft Office Office Office SETUP HLP quot but that's just a help article titled Troubleshooting Installation from Compact Disc Media which I'm not trying to do I think this may have happened because the copies of these applications run on my university's computer network have MS Office extras installed that my copies don't obviously FrontPage but I've seen the EndNote toolbar enabled on there too and there could be others and I've created a document on that software which I later copied to and opened on my own computer sending the software looking for the missing extras I don't have any means of installing FrontPage although if it will solve this problem I don't mind having it but I don't need it and don't want to have to shell out for it just to prevent this problem from happening so if there somewhere from where I can download what I need I'd love to hear about it However there must be some way to just instruct my software to stop asking for the extras on start up Can anyone suggest anything I'm REALLY sick of this Many thanks for any suggestions folks -D Optimistic

A:Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do...

First make sure it's not listed in Add/Remove Programs. Then download the Widows Installer Cleanup Utility:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301CAUTION Be sure to check ONLY the box by the MS Office product that you want to remove, which would be Front PageTRY THIS FIRST http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182876

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165995/ms-office-tries-to-configure-for-extras-i-dont-have-every-time-i-boot-up-or-open-a-word-excel-or-powerpoint-file-how-do-i-make-it-stop/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello Team Installed Office bit on Windows bit nbsp Installation was successful but soon as we try to launch Excel Word etc this error api-ms-win-crt-heap-l - - dll is missing pops up Is it the issue with VC REDIST update not getting installed correctly along with MS Office but installation was fine without any errors We tried reinstalling VC REDIST it can an option to repair and uninstall as if its already there and so we removed and tried installing again and got quot Unspecified error quot Came to know for installing VC nbsp REDIST need to have a patch installed Windows -KB -x msu which is already available in MSOffice installation folder under hotfixes Tried manual installation of nbsp Windows -KB -x msu and it said this is not applicable to your machine So forcefully installed this nbsp Windows -KB -x msu using DISM exe command and it 8.1 2016 bit Errors 64 etc) in 64 Gives installation api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll like is Office open bit (Excel,Word missing does not after Windows got installed And after the above patch installation installed VC REDIT update successfully Tried launching Excel got the same error as mentioned earlier Uninstalled Office and Reinstalled with REDIST already installed still same error on opening Excel etc nbsp but only this VC REDIST will get installed if we try VC REDIST normal setup without update it will give error we tried after removing the existing VC REDIST with update Please suggest help how to fix is it a compatibilty issue with Windows and Office Thanks Jos

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/65d66711-9e54-4f12-a8ec-8e3b66f98710/office-2016-64-bit-excelword-etc-does-not-open-after-installation-in-windows-81-64-bit-gives?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 79.12%

Please help! cleaned up computer and ereased a lot of things that I didn't know what it was. I know bad. but, now when I go to open up microsoft word it is telling me to put in my cd in cd-rom and I do not have it because somebody installed it on the computer. I went into crogram files\microsoft office\office 10\1033\setup.hlp, and it was just telling me to put in the cd. Pleas help husband trying to use for work. Thank you

A:Help!! Cleaned Up Computer And Can Not Open Microsoft Word, Excel Power Point Ect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cleaned-up-computer-and-can-not-open-microsoft-word-excel-power-point-ect.129921/
Relevancy 78.69%

I was recently infected by several Trojans and viruses According to Norton everything was caught and quarantined and eventually deleted However since then when I click a Word or Excel document my explorer window freezes and then to minutes later the document opens Also if I open Windows Explorer from my task bar shortcut it takes to minutes to load Here is my DDS log DDS Version - NTFSx and to Load Excel Windows Word Microsoft forver and Explorer Take Run by mjohnson at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Symantec Endpoint Protection enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd Bluetooth LBTServ exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Smc exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS bin VersionCueCS exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS data database bin mysqld-nt exe C Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization servicestub exe C Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization LogitechEasySync exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Microsoft Word and Excel and Windows Explorer Take forver to Load WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SmcGui exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint LBTWiz exe Microsoft Word and Excel and Windows Explorer Take forver to Load C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization LogitechEasySync exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS ControlPanel VersionCueCS Tray exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Common Files Trimble Data Transfer Dataxfer exe C Program Files Common Files Trimble Data Transfer Dataxfer exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files ArcGIS Bin ArcCatalog exe C Program Files ArcGIS Bin AppROT exe C dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO f feb -bce - a - dd-a f ae - No ... Read more

A:Microsoft Word and Excel and Windows Explorer Take forver to Load

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192913/microsoft-word-and-excel-and-windows-explorer-take-forver-to-load/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello Community,

I'm having an issue here, and reading through threads and forum posts - i'm getting nowhere.

I get no error messages when trying to open a file from a mapped drive.

I have a user onsite unable to open any Mircosoft Office 2013 files from any of his mapped network drives. If he takes the files, copies them locally to his laptop, then open perfectly fine. However, if i try to open a office file from their mapped drive, it just opens up a blank document.

--I've done the changing folder name of the Microsoft folder within %AppData%, still no luck.
--I've tried repairing Microsoft Office, still no luck.

I don't want to uninstall office, then re-install as i will have to drop the computer off our domain (Group Policy for some reason, blocks office.) *I'd prefer this to be the final option.

Surely there must be a fix around? Much thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/396044-microsoft-office-2013-unable-open-files-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I can't open MS Office application files from the Explore window or from Desktop.

The MS Office applications icons, such as WORD or EXCEL, have been replaced. All my Word files now bear the Wordpad icon and when clicked open as such. My Excel files now bear some other icon that no application on my machine can open.

However, when I open an office app, such as WORD or EXCEL, and then try to open a related file that now has a funny icons, they open properly.

Have MS xp; Excel 2002; Word 2002.

Grateful for advice.

A:[SOLVED] Can't open Word or Excel files from Explorer window

You probably need to set the file assocations.

If you go into your Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types (tab), then scroll down until you locate those file extensions (.doc, .xls, etc...).

Alternatively, there is probably somewhere in Microsoft word, or excel where you can automatically set file associations, but it would depend on which version you have.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-open-word-or-excel-files-from-explorer-window-319017.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I think something i installed had virus. Chrome, Explorer, Firefox, Microsoft word 2007, Memo and everything except pictures is not opening. Instead a file opens saying,"Do you want to open and save file?" Clicking everything does not work. everything
except pictures is shown by a internet explorer sign. I have another account on this computer but it works fine. I searched this on bing on Hp dock. Please help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aa064950-caf2-4fbc-9c08-9a8218b21118/chrome-firefox-sticky-notes-microsoft-word-2007-and-almost-everything-except-pictures-is-showing?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 77.4%

I think something i installed had virus. Chrome, Explorer, Firefox, Microsoft word 2007, Memo and everything except pictures is not opening. Instead a file opens saying,"Do you want to open and save file?" Clicking everything does not work. everything
except pictures is shown by a internet explorer sign. I have another account on this computer but it works fine. I searched this on bing on Hp dock. Please help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e80580d0-2618-458b-90a8-6e37100cc195/chrome-firefox-sticky-notes-microsoft-word-2007-and-almost-everything-except-pictures-is-showing?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 77.4%

clicking on "file:///D:/UpToDate/contents/mobipreview.htm?3/4/3141" in excel redirect to browser but omits "file:///" &"?3/4/3141" portion from the hyperlink thus doesn't open in the browser. how can I let excel redirect file:// protocol without modifying the link

I am cross posting due to time constrains and due to that no one is responding and due to the fact it is a difficult issue to resolve. and I promise when I get it solved I will notify you promptly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555669/file-protocol-in-excel-word-hyperlink-redirecting-changes/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am a teacher, and have had my students do some assignments on Open Office using machines that run Edubunu. They have then uploaded their assignments and I want to be able to mark them at home but I have windows based Open Office. Will I be able to open their assignments?

A:Can I open documents created on Open Office on a linux based system using a windows based Open Office?

Yup!
PS
Your school must be so cool if it uses Edubuntu!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311978/can-i-open-documents-created-on-open-office-on-a-linux-based-system-using-a-windows-based-open-office/
Relevancy 76.54%

I ve experienced this problem twice in Office Or in Solved: 2010 Documents Open Folder My Can't Save Documents the past week Here is my current problem New Windows computer Moved Office install from old computer to new computer Copied all documents to new computer by installing the old drive in the new computer NTFS to NTFS When trying to open any DOC DOCX XLS XLSX Solved: Office 2010 Can't Open Or Save Documents in My Documents Folder PPT or PPTX files that are stored in the Documents folder I get permission errors Word will open an RTF file Solved: Office 2010 Can't Open Or Save Documents in My Documents Folder just fine If I try to use any Office programs to save a file to the Documents folder I also get permission errors I can move the file to the Desktop and work with it just fine I can then move it back to the Documents folder Here are the errors when trying to open files Word - Word cannot open the document user does not have access privileges Excel - C Users xxxxxx Documents Book xlsx could not be found Powerpoint - The path or file name for C Users xxxxxx Documents Presentation pptx is invalid When I try to use one of these programs to save to the Documents folder I get the following error You don t have permission to save in this location I tried copying the files two different ways to eliminate any lingering NTFS permissions I used a linux box to copy from the old drive to EXT then to a linux formatted FAT drive I plugged this FAT drive into the Windows machine and moved the files over but got the same errors Next I copied the files from the old drive to a FAT drive using another Windows box Then I tool the FAT drive back to the new computer and copied the files to the Documents folder I received the same errors Last week I had the same problem with slightly different circumstances A Windows computer had a failed hard drive We installed a new drive and copied the data to the new drive We tried all the same methods of copying with no luck Finally we wiped the computer clean and reinstalled Windows When we copied the data over the last time we used the linux box to copy all the data to the FAT drive and then plugged that drive into the computer I don t want to reinstall Windows on a brand new machine What is going wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Office 2010 Can't Open Or Save Documents in My Documents Folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-2010-cant-open-or-save-documents-in-my-documents-folder.1103350/
Relevancy 76.54%

i just went from windows 2000 to windows 7 professional and we had to reinstall all programs....
problem:
i need to open my company logo which was saved in microsoft office word 97-2003 - my new program is microsoft works word processor - i have tried saving it in different formats on my old computer but nothing seems to be working....
any suggestions?

A:Converting files from Microsoft Office Word 97-2003 to Microsoft Works Word Processor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-files-from-microsoft-office-word-97-2003-to-microsoft-works-word-processor.987414/
Relevancy 76.54%

I run Windows XP I did receive a Error java lang NoClassDefFoundError whenever I turned on my computer That problem has been solved I am NOT able to open my computer my documents my control panel or Internet Explorer whenever I click on the icon I can only access my computer my doc and control panel in the Computer, my Panel, Documents Control or my Explorer Internet Cannot open my safe mode I cannot access Internet Explorer in safe mode I run Norton s Antivirus Norton s did not pick up viruses and a Trojan I downloaded AVG and it found the viruses and Trojan Since then I have run adaware spybot CWS I have tried to scan with TrendMicro but cannot get it to load I still am unable to access my computer my doc my control panel or Internet Explorer When I click on the icon all of the Cannot open my Computer, my Control Panel, my Documents or Internet Explorer icons leave the screen for a few seconds and then reappear but they will not open Can you help Thank you nbsp

A:Cannot open my Computer, my Control Panel, my Documents or Internet Explorer

Can you download and unzip HijackThis to a permanent folder of its own?

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Run it and select "Scan", then save the Scanlog and copy/paste the results here.

Also this has helped some people with similar IE problems. Try going to the Internet Options > Advanced menu (through the Control Panel applet) and uncheck "enable third party browser extensions"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-my-computer-my-control-panel-my-documents-or-internet-explorer.232022/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi

Any advice welcomed pls.

I've recently had the Personal Security virus which I fixed using Malwarebytes Anti Malware but ever since I cannot open Internet Explorer or any MS Office applications. The timer icon appears for a second then disappears and nothing happens.

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers.

A:Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office Won't Start

Have you tried doing a system restore back to a date before the virus was discovered? If that doesn't work, have you tried reinstalling IE (assume you're using latest version, 8) and doing a repair on MSO?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-microsoft-office-wont-start.890768/
Relevancy 74.82%

hay for some reason most of the programs on my laptop look like windows 98 and don't have any color i have tried a few things and none of them work.

A:all Microsoft office programs and internet explorer look like 98

this is how to make XP look like 98 - have a look at the settings and see if this has been applied
http://www.wintipz.com/XP/WindowsClassic.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-microsoft-office-programs-and-internet-explorer-look-like-98.907372/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

Recently, I'm having slow file loading while opening ms word files and excel files directly from windows explorer. It takes a minute to load, however it opens immediately if I open .doc files or .xls files directly from their application software. It also take a minute for MS Word and Excel software to shut down.

I have run my antivirus (Symantec) and MBAM but they all show no virus was found. I'm not sure what should I do next, please advice.

A:Microsoft Word & Excel - problem with opening files in Word and Excel

What version of Word & Excel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303338/microsoft-word-excel-problem-with-opening-files-in-word-and-excel/
Relevancy 73.96%

I'm running Windows 7 on my new computer, which came with a trial version of Office 2010. Rather than buy the full version when the trial expired, I installed the Office 2003 I had on my old -- now dead -- computer. I now find that I can't open the Word and Excel files I created with the 2010 version. Is there a 'cloud' site where I could send the 2010 files and have them returned to me as standard .xls and .doc files? Or is there a free converter available for download?

A:Solved: How can I open Office 2010 documents on a computer that has only Office 2003?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-open-office-2010-documents-on-a-computer-that-has-only-office-2003.1013189/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi..need urgent help

I have a webserver (JBoss) running in a co-hosted server. Since the ports 80 and 8080 are already being used by another web server running on the same server, I configured my server to run on port 8585. The co-hosting service provider has a cisco hardware firewall on which they say that the port 8585 has been unblocked. When we try accessing the application as http://ip.add.res.s:8585/abc, in the local machine and over the machines in the co-hosting service provider's machine, we are able to access the application. But when I try accessing from over the internet, I get "connection timed out" error. The service provider says that since the port used is a non standard port, its being blocked by the ISPs. Can anyone help me find out the real issue???

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 73.96%

Windows Vista 32bit - I uninstalled IE9 as I needed to revert to IE8 in order to be compatible with a remote access system for work. I seem to have uninstalled it, but now the IE opens briefly as a blank page and then closes. I've tried installing IE8 again, but keep getting the message that there is a newer version already on the laptop. Any ideas?

A:Unable to open microsoft internet browser

Welcome
Go back to the original IE9 with a sytem restore. Then post and we will try to install 8 the correct way.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/296347-unable-open-microsoft-internet-browser.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey guys!

I'm getting this error when I try to upload my resume on to a website and so I'm unable to do any uploading:

"you cannot close microsoft office word because a dialog box is open office 2007"

I've had this error before and last time I deleted a windows update (can't remember what) but I'm afraid that it might have came back (blame it on the wife ). Anyways this error is linked to Norton which I don't use (using Avast).

using windows 7 (x64), office 2007, reproduces on all browsers. No processes that deal with office is running.

If anyone has any ideas as to how to get rid of this it would be lots of help. THanks.

A:"you cannot close microsoft office word because a dialog box is open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/you-cannot-close-microsoft-office-word-because-a-dialog-box-is-open.941937/
Relevancy 73.53%

I remember having deleted my Microsoft Office 2007 trial and now I can't find some of my previous word documents that I remember saving on my computer.

Is my suspicion true?

A:Does installing Microsoft Word 2007 delete word documents?

saiz said:

Is my suspicion true?Click to expand...

I don't think so. Try installing OpenOffice.org 3.0 and you'll be able to open those files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-installing-microsoft-word-2007-delete-word-documents.811439/
Relevancy 73.53%

I know this is something simple that I am overlooking, but my word documents only open in Internet Explorer. When I go to My Documents and double click on a .doc file it will not open in word, it open in Internet Explorer. Can anyone help me with this, it is driving me mad!

A:Word doc open in Internet Explorer

Find a doc file on your computer. Hold down the shift key and right click on the file. Choose open with... then choose the Word program and from the program list. If you want it to stay that way put a check in the Always use this program box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-doc-open-in-internet-explorer.99742/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have problem when ever i open internet explorer or word pad it pop to the right hand side of the screen and i could not bring it out. How to fix this problem?

A:I have problem when ever i open internet explorer or word pad it pop t

So if I understand you correctly, when you load either of those programs, they open up, off screen.

Did you previously have more than one monitor?

Also, open up your display settings and ensure you do not show more than one display.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235568-i-have-problem-when-ever-i-open-internet-explorer-word-pad-pop-t.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Our church secretary uses Word Perfect 12.

She has had no problem until now opening Word 2007 document in Word Perfect.

Now it says the files are in an unsupported format.

Any suggestions??

We already have the conversion program for Word Perfect installed.

Do we need an update of some kind??

Thanks.

A:Word Perfect 12 suddenly will no longer open Word 2007 documents

Have you contacted Corel support? Checked the site for FAQs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-perfect-12-suddenly-will-no-longer-open-word-2007-documents.1023082/
Relevancy 72.67%

Had this error on a user s pc Researched it here on the forum Found another thread with someone suggesting to use the following command to get it going Start- gt run then type the following - Microsoft Unable Outlook window. start Outlook, the open Cannot to Office gt quot Outlook exe resetnavpane quot This worked The other thread has since been closed but I wanted to reply and say WHY my users outlook suddenly started throwing out this error because no one on the other thread was able to Turns out that my user had quot accidentally quot dragged their personal folder containing s of emails into the quot outbox quot Since the quot outbox quot folder is one to be used while an email is in the sending phase it basically just shut down and wouldn t open for anything Luckily the command was able to get Outlook open and I was Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. able to investigate what the user did to cause it Hope this info can help someone else nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-microsoft-office-outlook-unable-to-open-the-outlook-window.927928/
Relevancy 72.67%

It was working fine until today. System restore, rebuilding profiles and none of the Vista fixes seem to work! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

build 7127 64 bit
offfice 2007

A:"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open"

What version of Outlook are you running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/11413-cannot-start-microsoft-office-outlook-unable-open.html
Relevancy 72.67%

We have all of our user's email set up to deliver to a personal folder that resides on a server with Windows 2003. We have a small number of people that get the error message below. They eventually get in, but either have to close outlook and reopen several times or they have to reboot their computer. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks!

"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window.
The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
Contact your administrator if this condition persists."

I have tried every suggestion I could find on the internet, but still haven't found a solution.

any help would be much appreciated.

A:Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-microsoft-office-outlook-unable-to-open-the-outlook-window.544134/
Relevancy 72.67%

I am getting the following message when launching outlook

"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window.
The set of folders could not be opened. "

I have multiple pst files on different drives. the problem is the main pst file is on a hard drive that crashed. how do I open outlook or remove that 1 pst so the rest of the pst files can launch?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-microsoft-office-outlook-unable-to-open-the-outlook-window.1076001/
Relevancy 72.67%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Cannot Office Outlook, to open start window. Microsoft Unable Outlook the Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc H K D W H CN B Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled I get the following error when trying to open Outlook My computer updated last night Outlook worked fine this morning but then I got the quot configuring updates do not power down quot screen Once the computer restarted Outlook would not work cannot start MOO Cannot open the outlook window the set of folders cannot be opened errors have been detected in the file c users Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. Nikky AppData Local Microsoft Outlook Outlook pst Quit Outlook and all mail enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool scanpst exe to diagnose and repair errors in the file for more information about the inbox repair tool see help I have tried Go to run and type outlook exe resetnavpane -did not work I get the same error I have tried Run and Scanpst exe-I get windows cannot find the file I have tried a System restore-it could not be completed I have ran a windows office diagnostic problem found and fixed however it did not correct the problem I have tried outlook exe safe- I get quot cannot start MOO the command line argument is not valid verify the switch you are using quot I have tried everything I have found online and in MS support Nothing has worked Please help Also I need step by step instructions at this point obviously I am not doing somthing right Thanks in advance nbsp

here are some more command line switches...

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-microsoft-office-outlook-unable-to-open-the-outlook-window.948957/
Relevancy 72.67%

Please help Logged onto my home computer Word/Excel/Internet PLEASE Explorer/System Restore HELP: working all stopped yesterday emailing this from a different computer - had a virus Live Security Platinum which imitates a virus removal software program Would not allow me to run my McAfee or access McAfee s website Initially would not load up System Restore either but after a couple of reboots System Restore became available and I used this to restore my computer to about a week before With computer up and running I updated my virus protection PLEASE HELP: Word/Excel/Internet Explorer/System Restore all stopped working and ran a full scan - three viruses were found and removed Problem solved or so I thought After this Windows Update detected new updates and these were PLEASE HELP: Word/Excel/Internet Explorer/System Restore all stopped working downloaded and installed when I turned my computer off Later when turning my computer back on there was a configuration of the new updates for a minute or two before the computer fully loaded up When it loaded I could not and still cannot - access the internet not connected ran troubleshooter which cannot find the problem but when I try to install a new connection it says no hardware is detected - though broadband modem is connected and appears to be operating normally - open any Word or Excel documents message says it cannot verify the licence for these products - run System Restore message says quot C Windows system rstrui exe - The specified service does not exist as an installed service quot Have tried rebooting Ran virus scan again but came back clean Cannot update virus protection as cannot access internet but it was only updated a few hours earlier I tried to uninstall the Windows Updates that had installed - all of which are either Microsoft Windows Security updates or Microsoft Office updates - but none can be uninstalled or removed - when I try to do this they simply say that they have already been removed PLEASE HELP - REALLY DESPERATE AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO MANY THANKS

A:PLEASE HELP: Word/Excel/Internet Explorer/System Restore all stopped working

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatic... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465419/please-help-wordexcelinternet-explorersystem-restore-all-stopped-working/
Relevancy 72.67%

Please help Logged onto my home computer yesterday emailing this from a Word/Excel/Internet Explorer/System working stopped HELP: Restore all PLEASE different computer - had a virus Live Security Platinum which imitates a virus removal software program Would not allow me to run my McAfee or access McAfee's website Initially would not load up System Restore either but after a couple of reboots System Restore became available and I used this to restore my computer to about a week before With computer up and running I updated my virus protection and ran a full scan - three viruses were found and removed Problem solved or so I thought After this Windows Update PLEASE HELP: Word/Excel/Internet Explorer/System Restore all stopped working detected new updates and these were downloaded PLEASE HELP: Word/Excel/Internet Explorer/System Restore all stopped working and PLEASE HELP: Word/Excel/Internet Explorer/System Restore all stopped working installed when I turned my computer off Later when turning my computer back on there was a configuration of the new updates for a minute or two before the computer fully loaded up When it loaded I could not and still cannot - access the internet not connected ran troubleshooter which cannot find the problem but when I try to install a new connection it says no hardware is detected - though broadband modem is connected and appears to be operating normally - open any Word or Excel documents message says it cannot verify the licence for these products - run System Restore message says quot C Windows system rstrui exe - The specified service does not exist as an installed service quot Have tried rebooting Ran virus scan again but came back clean Cannot update virus protection as cannot access internet but it was only updated a few hours earlier I tried to uninstall the Windows Updates that had installed - all of which are either Microsoft Windows Security updates or Microsoft Office updates - but none can be uninstalled or removed - when I try to do this they simply say that they have already been removed PLEASE HELP - REALLY DESPERATE AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO MANY THANKS

A:PLEASE HELP: Word/Excel/Internet Explorer/System Restore all stopped working

You will need to post in the Virus/Trojan section of the Forum.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/please-help-word-excel-internet-explorer-system-restore-all-stopped-working-660990.html
Relevancy 72.24%

The problem: Unable to open Internet Explorer

Click on Start

Click on Internet Explorer

Goes to Blank Screen

After 30 - 45 seconds, it goes back to Desktop
(I timed the duration of the blank screen with
the second hand on my watch)

I can follow recipe-like-step-by-step instructions.

I would be most grateful for any help you might
provide me.

cordially
geoheid
Dell Dimension 3000 computer
Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1
2.40 Ghz Intel Celeron
512mb memory