Windows Support Forum

ntoskrnl.exe+74200 & ntoskrnl.exe+73c40 BSOD

Q: ntoskrnl.exe+74200 & ntoskrnl.exe+73c40 BSOD

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing these BSOD errors? It started with the +74200 error about a month ago (enduser is just now informing IT) and now it is the +73c40. I've already done several Memory tests to no avail. I'm about to just
reimage but don't want to if it's just a driver issue.

Thanks
TravisD

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afea0b11-7904-4025-8dd6-c76d6cfa02d8/ntoskrnlexe74200-amp-ntoskrnlexe73c40-bsod?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ntoskrnl.exe+74200 & ntoskrnl.exe+73c40 BSOD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 14.62%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 14.62%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-with-vista-64-has-a-continuous-beep-and-bsod.154876/
Relevancy 14.62%

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-video-card-8800gtx-error-nvlddmkm-sys.151876/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 51.6%

I tried to find the link to introduce myself, and couldnt. I am not very technically advanced. My laptop (its an older one with windows xp operating system home) (my new one was stolen and I am quite depressed about it) now this problem.
I am using my sons laptop now.

I do not have any discs but blank ones. Can someone halp me? My computer will not start, it just displays that message, and when i press f8, safe mode and everything comes up but it never does anything

A:Compaq 2700 <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl. exe is missing or corrupt

The hard drive (boot drive) is bad or its contents are corrupted. With no discs, you might want to take it to a friend or to a repair shop to have it repaired

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-2700-windows-root-system32-ntoskrnl-exe-is-missing-or-corrupt.137562/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. At the moment, I have no OS running, as I am trying to reformat my computer. In doing so, I received the BSOD message: partmgr.sys - Address F87C04AB base at F87BE000.

Do I need a new hard drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KJA6

A:BSOD message: partmgr.sys

What Windows CD version are you using to boot with and did you set the CD as the first boot device? I could be wrong but maybe you aren't booting correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-message-partmgr-sys.137335/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey everyone I m back with another problem This time it s in my personal laptop So about weeks ago a friend of mine installed GB RAM into my nv4_disp Help BSOD infinite loop with laptop After a couple of days with the RAM I turned on my laptop and find my screen flashing red Parts of the screen were pixeled red After backing up my files through safe mode I brought the computer to the college tech support They figured Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD it s a driver problem so they updated my video driver Into what I cannot remember The problem randomly appeared and that forced me to format and start fresh So a new problem arose As the title suggested I randomly get the nv disp infinite loop BSOD Sometimes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD my screen would just freeze and not do anything Sometimes the screen flashes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD but I can still move my mouse pointer And it hasn t really been too friendly when I open the only two games I have in my computer in an attempt to see how bad the damage is I looked up some solutions online which included uninstalling and reinstalling drivers After a few attempts of that with the update the NVIDIA website provided I rolled back my driver into driver version So here are some things about my computer Model Dell Latitude D System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Computer Intel R Core TM Duo CPU t GHz GHz with GB of RAM Driver Details Currently NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Driver Version Personally I wouldn t mind this problem But I have a final project for a class where I need a video presentation and I am using Pinnacle Studio I m not sure if it s just me being retarded and missing a driver to install but I m pretty sure I reinstalled everything after formatting my computer Any help is greatly appreciated If any more information is needed please tell me so I can attempt to provide you with correct information not completely tech savvy for a computer engineering major ironically nbsp

A:Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

First of all you have to make sure that the 667 memory and the nvidia driver is compatible with your Dell laptops model, and you should use the Nvidia video and chipset driver from Dell and not from the nvidia site. You can up the shared video memory to 256MB maximum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-bsod.137089/
Relevancy 15.05%

hi.

my system:

gigabyte X48TDQ6 mobo
qx9650cpu
gtx285
2X2gb ocz ddr3 1600mhz

my problem:

i have run my system for about a year with q6600 cpu with no problems with this mobo,memory,graphic card.

yesterday i have changed my cpu to qx9650 with the intel stock cpu fan. when i play games after 20 minutes i get bsod and the system reboot even in regular use on desktop.

the cpu temp in idele is about 27 deg. (not seems beacuse overhit)

on bios everythind on standart/auto (no o.c).

i upgrade my bios revision.

the bsod is "not less or equel" something:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1037

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000010000002
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800020BCAC1
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

thanx 4 any help.

A:Bsod after replacing cpu

look on the box the CPU came in, or run CPU-z and see what the revision is. If it is an E0 you need BIOS F8D beta to run that CPU. At least that is what Gigabyte is showing for that CPU on the GA-X48-DQ6 mobo. I couldn't find a GA-X48-TDQ6 mobo listed on their site. Typo or wrong region possibly? Also check windows updates. There may be something for that CPU, or maybe you need more than SP1 on your OS? Your BSOD screen by the way is referencing a failure to read paged memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-replacing-cpu.134111/
Relevancy 14.62%

I came home from a vacation after summer everything was my and Just computer new installed now processor gets BSOD's 955) (X4 already Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's set up in my computer except that I had sold Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's the Phenom X before I left which left my computer well CPU-less When I came back I bought a new Phenom X So I installed the processor and the stock heatsink and fan that came with it No I m not overclocking the CPU No I m not doing anything else out of the ordinary I ve had this processor installed for at least a week now My computer will just randomly get the blue screen of doom or death and just restart I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I can t take this anymore I downloaded a program called BlueScreenView by NirSoft so that I can view the BSOD error codes etc etc So I can tell you exactly what BSOD happened and at what time I just need to know how to fix it The three BSOD s I ve been getting are DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x HOW CAN I FIX ANY OF THESE nbsp

A:Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's

Sounds like a bios update might help. Version 2606 appears to be the latest for Vista if you have 32 bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-new-processor-x4-955-and-now-my-computer-gets-bsods.133084/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi i have been getting random bsod when playing games and sometimes watching videos online says video driver stopped responding sometimes bsod sometimes it recovers says to upgrade drivers which i have doesnt help it has done this with every driver i have installed.

vista home premium
asus p5q pro
ati 4780 512
2/2g corsiar dominator
e 8400 @ 3.00
XFI PLATINUM
pc power +cooling 750 w
2/300g vel raptor hd raid o

hers the mini dump please help

A:Random bsod video drivers

Your video card may be over heating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-video-drivers.132166/
Relevancy 15.05%

Can t seem to find any solutions to this ongoing problem Currently Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M BSOD, using WinDbg to debug issue however I am not having much luck Here are the two latest BSOD Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image navex sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for navex sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for navex sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b d ba b Probably caused by navex sys navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg b d ba The address that the exception occurred at Arg b Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot FAULTING IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h TRAP FRAME b -- trap xffffffffb ErrCode eax ebx e ecx edx esi e caa edi e e a eip b d ba esp b ebp b iopl nv up ei pl nz ac po cy cs ss ds es fs gs efl navex x f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h ds ac Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT SERVER MINIDUMP BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME vbda exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b d e to b d ba STACK TEXT WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong b b d e e d e e e a navex x f ba b bc b d b e e f e navex x e e b d b a c e d ff b ac navex x e b b a e e f f e dd acd b ac navex x a c b b b a e e e d c e dd acd navex x ce b c b d navex x d e b c e e d c nt ExFreePoolWithTag x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME navex f ba FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME navex IMAGE NAME navex sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b c FAILURE BUCKET ID x E navex f ba BUCKET ID x E navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b ef a b a a c Probably caused by hardware afd AfdTransmitFile a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very com... Read more

A:BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M

you might want to post this in operating system and software.
i would suggest reinstalling windows myself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel_mode_exception_not_handled_m.130798/
Relevancy 15.05%

Just got a gift from a friend. A Panasonic CF48E. Put a new HD in it, Installed WIN XP pro, and was happy... NO sound.. Looking at the Control panell, looks like the Multimedia Audio Controller has a ( ! ) in the yellow circle. Downloaded what seems to be the correct drivers for it, ir starts to install but mid installation I get the Blue SOD, that says portcls.sys, and it shuts down, and restarts the laptop real fast ( no time to read what the blue screen says..
Anyone see that problem before?
Any solutions? I read all kinds of suggestions, but none work.
Help please.

A:Panasonic CF-48 E Portcls.sys BSOD

Try here:
http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/toughbook-products.asp?cm_mmc=PCSC_Toughbook-_-iProspect_PPC%20-_-Google-_-panasonic%20toughbook

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/panasonic-cf-48-e-portcls-sys-bsod.130384/
Relevancy 15.05%

i was redirected here from the BSOD help as it may be a hardware problem I have a Gateway laptop running Windows XP media center edition with SP and whenever i try logging in it either boots me before loading up or within the first - seconds i have tried running in the last good configuration and safe mode but they dont work it just shuts off without a blue screen the screen has had trouble in the past and doesnt work well now so it is plugged into a computer monitor could that be the reason its having problems the thing is it has used this monitor for a good months at least before having problems I lent the laptop to my girlfriend so she could have a computer in her room with internet then it started doing this there is nothing of major importance on this computer so i really just wanna do a full system restore or repair but i dont know how The system wont stay on long enough and i dont have my cd key either i did just have one successful log in with an error report i am doing the list of things in and log hardly can BSOD microsoft says to do currently looking for updated drivers EDIT BSOD d then got back in and performed a BSOD and can hardly log in quick scan found nothing doing a full scan in hopes it finds something helpful nbsp

A:BSOD and can hardly log in

Memory or failing hard drive... You may have to take it in for service. What kind of scan, memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-can-hardly-log-in.129603/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,
Recently i suffer from BSOD on a daily basis. I can't put any finger on the reason, cause i see no rule. I suspect Outlook 2003 or AVG.
I have attached the the dump file. I dont know how to read it.
Please advise.
regards,
Tany

A:BSOD on XP SP3

What hardware or software did you install just prior to getting bsods?

Your current minidump shows "Stop 0xBE"

Which indicates that a driver attempted to write to read-only memory.

Possible Resolutions:

? A Stop 0xBE message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.Click to expand...

Since you suspect AVG and since others have reported issues with AVG8, you may wish to try (Free products, available here)
Avira ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/41-antivir-personal-edition.html
or Avast ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/223-avast-home-edition.html

Because of reported security issues, I do not use Outlook, so others will need to assist you there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-xp-sp3.129345/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello... I'm new here.

I was using my laptop and there were updates. So I installed them before shutting down... but after I checked up on it again, there was a BSOD. The error was Stop Error 000000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Somebody help me please. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747.

Thank you

A:Toshiba Laptop BSOD

Re: 0x50 errors

Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

? If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

? Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.Click to expand...

Can you boot to safe mode? (f8 after power up - and after bios password if enabled).
From safe mode, right click on my computer, click on properties, click on "hardware" tab, click on "device manager" button.
Check for yellow or red flags... roll back drivers these drivers if possible.

I would like for you to check for memory errors as well...
Use Memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Since these errors can have many causes...
I would like for you also to go to the Virus and Malware board, and follow carefully the 8 steps.
See here http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Until we can get a stable system for you, you may need to download the tools to another computer, and then burn them to a cd for use on the Toshiba.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-bsod.129164/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi

When I try to use winrar to unrar a compressed file or something like that, it appears de blue screen and I hear the sound of the hard disk powering down I think (it's the same noise that the hard drive makes when I turn off my computer)

This problem started few days ago when I installed Jdownloader but I don't thing that the problem is related to it.

History: a year ago I got 2 hard drives in raid 1 mode and they failed but the disks are ok. I think that failed the motherboard's raid controller or disk controller. I've got the same mother with a diferent hard disk for a year ago.

Please help!

thanks
August

A:Bsod, Kernel Stack Input Error

Sounds like a memory problem... Test the system memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel-stack-input-error.129257/
Relevancy 14.62%

i am having a little bit of an inconvenience with this pesky bsod error message it reads hardware malfunction call your hardware vendor for support NMI Parity check memory parity error the system has halted i have been skimming through forum threads from around of people having a similar problem but they all had dells and it occurred mostly in laptops i have got a heavily modded hp d small form factor desktop in fact the malfunction error hardware Bsod only thing i have that has anything to do with dell is my two monitors and a little CAT wired network Bsod hardware malfunction error pci adapter i installed a gig of ddr Kingston ram a agp video card and that dell net adapter all at the same time the problem started happening like a couple of weeks after that the old thread that i found is pages long and i haven t had time to read the whole thing i think it is that netcard but i dont want to open up my case take it out and the problem still occur so i wanted to know if anyone knew whether it is or isn t the problem b c like i said i upgraded other stuff at the same time thanks zach nbsp

A:Bsod hardware malfunction error

The parity check error is a likely pointer to defective (or poorly seated) memory,
Please run memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Note that memtest should be allowed to run a minimum of 7 full passes. Each pass has eight tests of inclreasing complexity. This means that it will run a while. Allowing it to run overnight should give it enough time. Since it runs from its own environment, windows bsod will not be a problem. Any errors means you have one or more defective memory modules. If you find errors, you may wish to run Memtest on each module. If you bought the memory as a kit, you will likely need to RMA both modules.

Please also include some of your minidumps as attachments to your next post.
The name and model of your MB would also help. Some MB's are notoriously touchy about the ram that you use. If your Kingston ram is not on the MB maker's list for your board, this may be the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-hardware-malfunction-error.129155/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,

I've been playing EVE online on my HP510 fine for several months when all of a sudden I am getting a blue screen with reference to Page in non paged area - further down the screen it mentions ialmdev5.dll. The machine uses a Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML Express Chipset for it's graphics and has worked fine the last couple of months.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the HP site site, and have run 3x different memory test programmes - none of which found an error since I understand there can be RAM issues which cause this.

I am a little confused what could suddenly stp the thig from working - there was no patch and I have not installed new software,

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do now - any ideas or help?

A:BSOD - possible graphics problem?

ialmdev5.dll is an intel chipset driver. Go to HP's support site under your computers model and download and install the Intel Chipset drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-possible-graphics-problem.128495/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey people Now i know theres probably alot of threads on this topic already but this problem is a Just sick bsod problem - this ATI of about little different to what people have been describing I just helped my friend build his computer and i recommended all the pieces and put it all together installed everything etc Anyway about - minutes into a game it ll crash to the bsod Here s the interesting bit I used to have an ati card myself and it would do the exact same thing with every game i played My friends on the other hand so far its only doing it on NFS - Undercover and the latest Prince of Persia My hypothesis is the game loads into the ram but somehow or another the ati drivers do something crazy and stop unused data from being discarded Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod out of the ram so it fills up the ram Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod then the pagefile then crashes to bsod Thats my theory If anyone has any idea of what Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod the hell is going on here it ll be greatly appreciated Here s his pc s specs case - nzxt tempest psu - antec truepower quattro w mobo - asus m a deluxe cpu - amd phenom am ghz ram - corsair ddr x gb mhz model no AL-TWIN X - C DF graphics - gigabyte hd hhd - seagate barracuda tb os - windows vista ultimate x sp I came to that hypothesis because when i had my ati card depending on the amount of ram the game used greatly factored how long it would take to crash to bsod I ve been looking around and so far i ve found these theories of how to fix it ati drivers werent tested properly on -bit vista the latest CCC drivers screw up big-time its dodgy memory There s alot more i could list but they re just a load of crap i m pretty damn sure its not the memory since we played crysis warhead on it for hours straight It could be the CCC but i dont think it is if it was i think it d be more of a driver problem then anything else which means uninstalling CCC won t make a difference I m really thinking it s a vista -bit problem but i cant find out until he brings the comptuer back over to my house So does anyone think they know whats going on here I m not a junior in computer repair i ve built and repaired plenty of laptops and computers to know what i m doing but i ve never needed to use a debug program so i might need some insight into how to do that if anyone needs a debug report or whatever Again thanks nbsp

A:Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod

Try updating the ASUS motherboards bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-about-sick-of-this-problem-ati-bsod.128178/
Relevancy 14.62%

After fitting 8gb of crucial ram in my pc, i went back to crucials website to try out the memory scanner tool just out of curiosity. As soon as i try to run it it gives me an instant BSOD!! This happens on my brothers pc also. He has 8gb of diffrent brand ram. Any one else have/had this problem?

Its not really a big issue, im just curious.

A:Crucial memory scanner BSOD

Does this really matter? If everthing else works ok...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crucial-memory-scanner-bsod.128140/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey guys...

i hope you guys can help me....i'm really having a hard time figuring out why pc goes blue screen of death whenever i play with garena(gg client)....when i had vista...it always crashes(bsod) even on 1v1!!!!i switched to xp and it still crashes 6 out of 10 times.....but when i play on my own...it doesnt bsod... the worst thing it can do is shut the program....only happens rarely.....

i have a laptop computer with:

T2050 1.6 ghz
2gb ram
intel gma 950

i hope you guys can help me with my problem.....thanks!!!

A:BSOD on warcraft dota?

The laptop may be overheating...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-warcraft-dota.128090/
Relevancy 15.05%

Wondering if anyone can help figure out why I'm getting this error.
Stop 0x0000008E(0x00000092,0xA65CDFEC,0xBA4D3BC8,0x00000000)
CHDAU32.sys Address A65CDFEC base at A65BD000
DATE STAMP 4851C198
My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 model 2765T6U. I purchased it in January of this year and I'm upset that there is already a major error.

Other specs: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @2.26Ghz with Intel Turbo Memory (2GB)
Cache Memory L2 Cache 3MB
Ram: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066mhz PC2-8500
HD 160GB 7200 rpm
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470

Since it was just purchased there have been no hardware changes. Thanks for the help.

A:Help with BSOD

Read: All about Minidumps and diagnosing them

Please check: Start-> Run-> C:\Windows\Minidump
For any Minidumps to Attach

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-bsod.127861/
Relevancy 15.05%

Got BSOD with xcfe.sys address 93606F02 base at 93605000 datestamp 4899d276.

I am currently not able to get computer to post at all no other issues before hand

7750 Kuma
780g FullHD ASROCK
4670 Radeon
4GB (2X2GB) OCZ Ram
Vista Ultimate

A:Xcfe.sys BSOD

No idea what that is. Is the CPU fan running and can you hear the hard drive spinning? Remove all peripherals inside the computer (if it's not a laptop) then put them in one at a time, turning off the computer before installing the next peripheral, then on again etc. If the computer works without one of the devices then you found the culprit. Do the same with the RAM if you have more than one module. Could be a number of things. Also test the power supply with a multimeter or power supply tester. Let us know?!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xcfe-sys-bsod.127588/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I got a new Inspiron laptop just a couple of days ago Its a T C D Ghz processor intel chipset with integrated graphics gb ram I had to reinstall vista after it went into Multiple BSOD a continuous loop - configuring updates shutting down confiiguring updates - after some windows updates None of the windows startup repair options worked Now after the reintall I am getting a lot of BSODs errors shown are IRQL Multiple BSOD NOT LESS OR EQUAL MEMORY MANAGEMENT REGISTRY ERROR and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA most common being memory mgmt chkdsk shows no errors the memory test in the startup repair shows hardware errors with a msg that I need to contact the manufacturer Have updated all drivers and the bios but all that has changed is that the number of bsod instances have reduced from per hr to or Also in several instances the BSOD is preceded by services such as RPC Bluetooth wireless shutting down with the event viewer showing registry is corrupted Not sure what the problem is though have a feeling its something to do with a faulty RAM nbsp

A:Multiple BSOD

If you want to test your RAM use memtest:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bsod.124531/
Relevancy 15.05%

Im working on my friends computer and it keeps crashing Specs MSI MS- Ver Intel Celeron Ghz MB Kingston PC New nVidia GeForce Mb AGP x GB Hitachi Hard Drive Sony DVD CD Burner watt Thermaltake PSU At first the on-board VGA stopped working I replaced it with a even reformat BSOD after Random AGP card and it worked fine for a month before it started having problems The original of the original ram sticks in bank stopped working Kept getting random BSOD s so I tossed the old Random BSOD even after reformat ram and left in the new Kingston stick Installed the new stick and it still BSOD s randomly They were very random but I got one written down x E xC x xB x IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I thought Ram So I ran the stick on both DIMM slots with memtest multiple times and it found NO errors CPU temp oC at idle Random BSOD even after reformat cleaned heatsink applied AS still BSOD Next I broke the system down to the basics PSU CPU RAM Video card HD CD drive STILL BSOD Next I swapped out the PSU still BSOD Test hard drive with HDAT Hitachi drive fitness passed Reformat HD and reinstall Xp Pro not loading any Mobo drivers still BSOD Installed Mobo drivers minus nVidia drivers still BSOD Removed front panel USB connectors Swapped HD full format reinstall OS still BSOD Swapped Video card still BSOD BIOS is up to date only add-in card is the Video card I am at a loss spending wayy too much time on this thing Any help would be appreciated I know mini-dump files would be some help but I just re-formatted the HD again and havent reloaded the OS yet and im beat for now The only things I havent crossed out are the CPU and Mobo Are there any DOS based programs that I can use to test it The only boot disk I have ATM is Hirens Im guessing the Mobo may have crapped out especially since the on-board Video broke The on-board LAN works intermittently The system was built by another dude two years ago I dont see any damge on the Mobo Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Random BSOD even after reformat

Sounds like the Chipset is knackered to be honest, it seems to be having problems across the entire spectrum, so I'd say it's the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-even-after-reformat.126725/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all well i m hoping you guys can help I have recently purchased a new system i GTX and Msi Pro mobo with some ram of course I m getting random BSODs From what I can tell anyway I performed the memtest thingy all night last night with no errors I first installed XP sp on it and started getting BSOD randomly so I installed help new i7 Pro BSOD GTX260 MSI Windows bit which I have on it now however the same thing is BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help happening I m usually quite good with these BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help things but this time i need help I ve done the searches on the net but to no avail I dont know where to go next I m considering buying a test vid card for bucks just so see if it still happens with it installed but dont really want to Oh some specs Inno d GTX drivers - not oc d Corsair HX psu i - stock speed not OC d in any way MSI pro x -latest Bios crappy kingston gb ram all they had at the time Win Bit - fresh install build x WD Gb hdds in Raid Antec case As far as I can tell the ram is ok I ve tried changing the pci slot that the vid card is in but same thing Latest nvidia drvs for Win bit Hope to hear from you all soon nbsp

A:BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help

hi wolf

Please upload your minidumps so we can have them analysed.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-new-i7-gtx260-msi-pro-help.126116/
Relevancy 15.05%

I keep getting BSODs with either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Ive have attached two of the latest minidumps

A:BSOD - PAGE_FAULT and DRIVER_IRQL

System specs including OS & SP would help. I am looking at a dump right now, assuming XP sp3
Your error on the second dump was 0x50 ...
But the Widbg report points to Vista... so you are not running XP...
I suspect this information is still valid.

This kind of error is usually associated with a memory problem.
Download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org
Let it run for at least seven passes and see what it comes up with.
There are 8 tests per pass, and it will take a while...
If you start getting errors, you can stop, and remove one stick ... test the sticks one at a time to isolate the issue.
If your memory comes up clean, we can explore other options, but this is the likely place to start.

From MS

These errors may be caused by one or more of the following:

* Hardware failure (memory, processor, or motherboard).
* Anti-virus software that is running on your computer.
* Drivers installed by third-party software.

RESOLUTION
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following: Replace the f...
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following:

* Replace the faulty hardware. You may be able to determine the faulty hardware by running diagnostics provided by the manufacturer. Please contact the hardware manufacturer for more information.
* Disable any anti-virus software that is running on your computer. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the anti-virus software manufacturer about a possible upgrade.
* Disable any third-party drivers that may be running. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the third-party manufacturer about a possible upgrade.Click to expand...

Your first dump showed a different error.... 0xD1 error and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers/buggy software.
the analysis points to ntoskrnl.exe which is too general to help. In another case, video drivers were at issue...

Questions...
Are your video drivers updated?
Did your issues begin after starting some new activity? (like a new Game perhaps?)
Since both errors (0x50 and 0xD1) can point at drivers, this might be the place to start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page_fault-and-driver_irql.126443/
Relevancy 15.05%

This is a problem I ve been having for some months now I ve tried to troubleshoot my entire computer from day one and I ve gotten rid of lots of different problems One problem remains wont BSOD after PC boot though Some times often during the night or other times where I m AFK for a longer period of time - hours maybe shorter I get an ugly BSOD on my screen After this BSOD my computer wont boot In order to make the computer boot up I have to manually flash the BIOS something that gets very annoying in the long run What happens is I shut it down removing the BSOD I then turn it back on but no components are responding The screen is black gets no signal the keyboard has no signal the num- and capslock lights doesn t respond and the mouse s lazer is off I can t hear the HDD working either Has anyone got any idea what is going on PC wont boot after BSOD The BSOD BCCode returned is as follows BCCode c BCP C E BCP C BCP B BCP OSVer SP Product The quot BCCode C quot error is not familiar to me I can t even figure out what it is using Google so I guess this is sort of a last resort I would also like to know what Product is This product ID has appeared on every BSOD error I have gotten so that would probably help out a lot I hope some of you can help it would be greatly appreciated Specs Corsair Powersupply W Black ATX EPS MSI P Platinum Corsair Dominator TWIN X C D MB Intel Core Duo E GHz HIS Radeon HD MB IceQ nbsp

A:PC wont boot after BSOD

"I have to manually flash the BIOS"...

Do you actually mean "reset" the bios?

Does the computer keep the correct time when it is running? The CMOS battery may be dead or the motherboard is defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-after-bsod.126362/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi all Recently i have been having problems with my geforce gt agp video card In games mostly ut k after a while the computer will freeze for about seconds then crash with a bsod saying that my video bsod loop 6600gt with Infinite driver was caught in an Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt infinite loop I am using driver version These drivers use to work perfectly with this card I have been using them for months and had no problems until recently I heard that these are the best drivers for this card I tried reinstalling the video drivers which worked for about an hour but then it crashed again After uninstalling the drivers i made sure every trace of the old install was gone by using driver cleaner pro so the drivers shouldn t be corrupt or conflicting with something Ive also tried other driver versions but they had the same issues The card does not seem to be overheating At the time it crashed the temp measured degrees Could this be an issue with my video card Could it have something wrong with it Or am i overlooking something here Thanks Nissanman nbsp

A:Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt

If you've already tried Driver Cleaner Pro, perhaps giving Driver Sweeper a try might produce better results. It's a very similar program, but I've used it many times and I've found, on some occasions, it to work a little better than Cleaner. Have you recently patched the game or downloaded any additional content for it. Have you tried reinstalling the game? 66 degrees is a little toasty, but it shouldn't crash the card unless the thermal is starting to lose its heat dissipation. You could always reapply some thermal compound, like Arctic Silver, to the core and see what happens. If you have the fan running at stock speeds, you can download RivaTuner to adjust it during games. Usually, a game will start to lag a bit, there may be some artifacts, and then it will quit if the video card is overheating. A BSOD is usually the product of misconfigured or incompatible software (i.e. the display driver). In your case, it's the configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop-bsod-with-6600gt.124560/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a problem with a pretty old sistem: spontaneous restarts and BSODs.
I formatted and reinstalled the OS,
I tested the RAM with MEMTEST86(no problem),
I tested the HARD DISK(no problem),
I changed the IDE cable,
I changed the power supply(500w),
I changed the Video and the problem persists.

my sistem :
- amd sempron 1800+
- 512 MB RAM pc3200
- asus a7n8x
- nvidia nforce fx5200
- dvdrw teac
- hdd western digital 200gb

I forgot to mention that sometimes i receive the message :"Warning!cpu overspeed!" when BIOS performs the "system inventory" and sometimes my cpu figures "1150Mhz", altough sometimes my cpu figures "1800+".

I hope you can help me with some advices.Sorry for my bad english.

A:Bsod, restarts - please help

Your motherboard is old. It might have some bulging capacitors around the CPU. Be prepared to buy a new motherboard, CPU, video card and memory... Or save for an entirely new computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-restarts-please-help.125768/
Relevancy 14.62%

I can t seem to get my cpu past ghz without getting bsod right after the windows loading screen Is it just my rigs limit or is there any way to get it past ghz My specs are motherboard ga-m sli-s rev cpu amd athlon windsor ram becuase wintec is a quot registered dealer of aeneon memory quot i have gb sticks of wintec ampx ddr and gb sticks of aeneon ddr that say wintec ampx on them psu bfg tech LS- os windows vista bit home basic oem The multiplier is at and I cannot get the cpu or is it really the fsb but my bios says cpu past without a crash at the windows loading screen and I have tried changing the cpu voltage a little but not the memory voltage My temperature never gets past c with the cpu or is it the fsb at during stability tests I noticed in easy tune it says that my ram has been overclocked as well is that why its been crashing Here is a picture of my bios overclocking options http i photobucket com albums oo giganotasaurus bios overclocking jpg nbsp

A:Can't get CPU past 3ghz without bsod after windows loading screen

You might be able to get to higher speeds by pushing the CPU voltage, but that would make it run hotter. Core temperature scales in a linear fashion as core speed in MHz is increased, but core temperature scales geometrically when voltage is increased. In addition to higher temps, voltage increases reduce the life of the CPU. So basically I'm saying bump the voltage (at your own risk).

Make sure you're not FSB or memory limited by putting the CPU multiplier as high as it goes and the memory at the lowest possible speed. Put memory voltage to ~2.1v. I don't remember much about overclocking AMDs besides that basic kind of stuff.

According to The Overclocking World Record Database, the world record for Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor core is 4151.4 MHz with a 1.68v core voltage. Setting your CPU to this sort of voltage is likely dangerous, but I'm just throwing that out there for you to show that 3 GHz is not the limit of these CPUs. Your particular chip might not clock any higher though so don't get excited

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-cpu-past-3ghz-without-bsod-after-windows-loading-screen.125423/
Relevancy 15.05%

Here s my problem a couple of weeks ago I started getting the BSOD with the most frequent message of quot Beginning physical memory dump quot Eventually I formatted and reinstalled windows still no success I ve updated drivers added registry scanners But no matter what (BSOD) Assistance appreciated I do the system gets worse I thought maybe it was because of a conflict with something I got from windows update But I m not tech savvy enough to diagnose and fix it I ve attached my PC stats from everest and I ve zipped and attached my minidumps If anyone could help me fix this it would make my day Also here are the logs from my event viewer I only have the ones since I reformatted Please let me know if you need more (BSOD) Assistance appreciated info EDIT Okay there is a forum for BSOD errors any chance a mod could move this thread I tried reloading the winzip (BSOD) Assistance appreciated file for some reason its not going through nbsp

A:(BSOD) Assistance appreciated

Sounds like unstable hardware, probably a power supply issue. Do you have another power supply that you can try?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-assistance-appreciated.125312/
Relevancy 14.62%

Just bought a new pc and a seperate copy of windows vista ultimate. I inserted the disk and I got to the screen that said "loading windows files" then after this it went black for a second the blue screen of death appeared.The first part of the error code was 0.0000007F and the rest were 0's. Anybody had this or know what it could mean? Here are the build

G31-M7 TE motherboard
intel quad-core 6600 processor
4GB ram
geforce 9800GT
1TB sata hard drive

A:BSOD on boot installing vista on new pc

When I read your issue I thought to myself, "That sounds like a memory issue." Here is the code and definition:

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Try this: Take out one stick of RAM at a time and try to load it. Any BSODs?

Do this: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html The good thing about this test is it engages almost immediately as you boot-up.

It could be your harddrive as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-boot-installing-vista-on-new-pc.125316/
Relevancy 14.62%

I get this BSOD

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : B941DF72 BCP3 : B404EBE0
BCP4 : B404E8DC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I downloaded new drivers, disable specs on the CPU (e8500) as recommended, but 3d game crash out regularly after about 30 mins or so.

Asus p5n-d is a bit of a dodgy MOBO but I tried everything that has been recommended including bios flashes, memory check, cpu heat checks and rectifying the correct nforce 750i drivers...latest windows updates...etc...

What is the crash? hardware or software? I have a Proline 500w psu and also run a single xfx geforce 9800gt, Intel core 2 duo e8500 wolfdale, Kingston ddr2 667 mem, 200 gig sata seagate hardrive and a cathode ray 17" monitor.

any clues ideas, other than a sledge hammer. Your help will be appreciated.

A:BSOD BCCode : 1000007e random crashes from what?

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

As you can tell the causes of this error are very diverse which makes it a difficult one, sometimes, to pin down. For clarification, are your BSODs only while doing 3d gaming? What about video card heat checks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-bccode-1000007e-random-crashes-from-what.125137/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was on my desktop gaming as usual when a lovely BSOD flashed on my screen just quickly enough for me to not be able to read anything it said and then my computer restarted. After it restarted none of my hard drives show up in my bios and i cant get past the loadup screen seeing as how there is no windows showing up. I have 3 internal drives and 1 external that no longer show up in my Bios. I don't think that all 4 could have simultaneously failed and on top of that they are all relatively new. PLEASE someone help me, I have a project to finish before tomorrow

A:No hard drives after BSOD - help

Reset the motherboard's bios...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hard-drives-after-bsod-help.124986/
Relevancy 14.62%

All right here goes About six HD ATI AGP 2600 Diamond Radeon Pro BSOD months ago I installed a new graphics card ATI Radeon HD Pro AGP from Diamond Multimedia in my aging Dell Dimension along with some new RAM GB After some initial difficulties with the Blue Screen of Death I was able to get it to work simply it stopped But now they re back and worse than ever The most recent one was titled quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot and cited the file quot ntfs sys quot Also my computer is running a bit slower and quot Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD My Computer quot refuses to open no error just nothing happens when I double click on it I ve tried reinstalling the drivers that came on the CD there are none online I ve checked and I ve gotten it to work but it still gives me the BSOD seemingly without reason The errors have been happening more frequently as time goes on and seemingly without reason Even as I am typing this another one has occurred as I attempted to login Another quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot I ll attach the minidumps as soon as I can get into My Computer I m about ready to boot into safe mode Thanks I m kind of desperate Arcelios nbsp

A:Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD

I almost forgot; I keep getting a message saying that some of my registry data had to be recovered from a backup copy, and that the recovery was successful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diamond-ati-radeon-hd-2600-pro-agp-bsod.124422/
Relevancy 14.62%

Specs Intel Core Duo E Processor BX E - GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Wolfdale Dual-Core Retail Socket Processor with Fan MPN BX E and 9800 with reboot Nvidia BSOD Crash 1GB GX2 XFX nForce i -Way SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce i Socket ATX Audio PCI Express Dual Gigabit LAN S PDIF USB Firewire Serial ATA RAID MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB MB-N -ISH XFX GeForce GX Video Card - Extreme Edition FREE Call Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB of Duty PC Game GB DDR PCI Express SLI Ready Dual Link Dual DVI HDMI MPN PVT UZHEU Corsair Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB MPN TWIN X - C DHX Seagate Barracuda TB Hard Drive - RPM MB SATA- OEM MPN ST AS SY Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply - ATX SATA-Ready SLI-Ready mm Fan MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB ULT-LSP Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP OEM Version MPN E - A The Problem I knew better the last time I opened Nvidia Control panel Performance I got this same problem But I have updated the drivers since then and now it seems worse I just opened up the performance tab I didn t even get to see the settings load before it crashed I get a quick BSOD flash and then a reboot It reboots back up without any problems then within a few minutes it reboots again I have started in safe mode with network enabled and it hasn t given me any problems I am not sure what I did last time to fix the problem I just remembered I shouldn t go anywhere near the performance settings Just like this time simply clicking on the tab to view the settings crashed the computer But last time the crash only happened when I clicked that tab Now it seems to crash within a few minutes after restarting the computer I can get in and open a program but it crashes pretty quick I have attached the DXDiag report that i just ran from safe mode I can provide any other info you need to help me get this fixed I would say I am an expert user This is probably the th computer i have built from parts It runs so well as long as this stupid thing isn t messing it up Sometimes i get a few green artifacts when running games L D HL Crysis FarCry COD It doesn t affect the game play but they are noticeable This system runs all of those games on max settings at x except Crysis If you have any ideas please help me out I need my computer back Update add screen freezing to the list of problems It will either freeze or restart I have tried to uninstall all the nvidia stuff in safe mode but I keep getting quot Failed to complete installation Install quot I cant uninstall the nvidia stuff so every time i restart it keeps rebooting GAH nbsp

A:Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB

*update* fixed!

*UPDATE* FIXED!
I started it up today(in safe mode), and in my frustration with not being able to uninstall the nvidia apps, i just deleted all the nvidia folders in my programs. then when i started up in normal mode it was stable. I was able to finish officially uninstalling the rest of the nvidia components and then i did a full reinstall of the drivers and software. so far so good! Thanks for your ideas!
-Nate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-reboot-and-bsod-with-nvidia-9800-gx2-1gb.124255/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey, first-timer here.

Overnight my laptop was left to update itself as usuall, but when I got to it this morning I found it repeatedly flashing a BSOD with the error:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I have attempted countless boots into safe mode, all throw the same BSOD at me.
My machine is an HP Pavillion ze4900 model laptop running WinXP Home (well.. was).

I've tried a some "common remedies" but none seems to be effective at all..
Does anyone have an idea on how to recover from this, or is my laptop to hence-forth be known as a brick.

(If any solutions involve removing the HDD, you will need to explain in detail as I have not seen anything obvious on the underside)

Many thanks!

A:BSOD - Unmountable_Boot_volume

Please run CheckDisk from your Windows XP Home CD
Info here ("From Boot Up") http://www.techspot.com/vb/post694184-133.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-unmountable_boot_volume.124222/
Relevancy 14.19%

Having a really annoying problem with my sound driver (ha20x22k.sys) in Windows XP lately, keeps reoccurring more frequently now it seems. I will be listening to music and at the end of a random track, the system will freeze for a split second and then go to a bsod w/ the following information:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

****STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x9D3AA47F)

*ha20x22k.sys address stamp 9D3AA47F

The sound card is a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. I do not believe the card itself is to blame for I am running the latest drivers and it works fine under Windows 7. Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. I've attached the corresponding minidump. Thanks in advance!

A:Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

Long shot but try this:

Rename: c:\windows\system32\adi_oal.dll to adi_oal.OLD
Also disable any onboard sound in Bios Setup

Please let me know if it fixed the fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-driver-causing-bsod-stop-info-minidump.123835/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was in the middle of checking my email when I got the BSOD. I powered down the computer and waited 30 seconds. When I went to power it up, the HDD LED came ON steady, all fans were running, but nothing happened. I tried another memory stick and the same thing. I tried another hard drive, still nothing. Tried resetting my Bios and nothing. Any hints here as to what else I can try? This is my old computer with a K7 mobo (Dragon Soyo Plus), AMD 1900+, 1 GB PC2100, 80GB HDD and MX4000 GeForce DDR 128MB video card. Thanks.

A:Computer quit with BSOD

Hi gilloz,

Have you tried disconnecting all externals except keyboard, mouse and monitor?

Cheers,

Taff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-quit-with-bsod.123515/
Relevancy 14.62%

Well my system specs are in my profile but I'll put them here for simplicity sake as well.
Asus P5N-T Deluxe
Q6600 @ 3.0 Vcore 1.20v
2 x 2GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ 1066
2 x 8800GT stock
Razer Barracuda AC-1
750watt Corsair PSU
3 HDDs and DVD drive

Okay before you go and say its my overclocked CPU its been oced for months now and the problem has only recently just started. It usually happens when I'm playing a game of some sort but at random times, I played CSS for a good 3 hours then it reboot, other time less than an hour. It has happened most recently when I booted up FEAR 2 and I was was tweaking the games settings, after I had it setup just right and clicked New Game, system reboots. Any thoughts?

A:System Reboots but no BSOD or Error message

Is the video card overheating? Open the case and make sure that all the fans (including video fan) are clean and working properly. I'll try overclocking my Q6600 when I install my new motherboard next week

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-reboots-but-no-bsod-or-error-message.123113/
Relevancy 14.62%

This may well be the longest story of a failing computer you ve ever seen It started well over half a year ago and my Dell Dimension has been giving and and switching subsequent RAID failure BSOD HD me agony ever since Excuse me about all the detail in this I am clueless as to what the problem is so I included everything My computer use to give me grief by going to the dreaded BSOD on random occasions I was less computer literate at the time so I thought nothing of them A few months down the line an icon pops up and subsequently reappeared every other hour the HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure computer was on saying that there is a S M A R T event occurring on my Western Digital HD specs not important as you will see later I follow the icon to the Intel Storage Management system and it tells me that the HD is working fine I carry on gaming and general time wasting paying no attention to the S M A R T event the blue screens were still coming thick and fast My tolerance grew thin however and I started asking my computer-knowledgeable friends what on earth was going on - they simply said my computer was screwed and I had no chance in hell My computer also began to make a very disturbing noise it sounded like a loose fan case vibrating inside my computer so I simply blew into the fan vent at the right angle and intensity and the noise subsided for a few precious minutes pardon my ignorance What I didn t realise then that I have now is that the fan was part of the PSU no spec at hand sorry I decided to buy a new HD and see if the S M A R T events disappeared I bought a new SATA Hitachi HD rpm GB that seemed perfectly suitable my old WD HD was SATA also When I opened the computer and took out the old HD there were bubble-marks on the plastic cover - I presume that they were evidence of heat damage Ignoring this I did the following plugged the new HD into SATA port with my old one in SATA port turned it on in the BIOS booted the computer on USB CD Rom partitioned and formatted the new HD and installed Win XP I switched the old HD with the new HD so that the ports were now respectively and got the computer running After entering all the details to personalise the computer I tried to copy my old data across to my new HD I encountered a problem that caused copying to stop something about msfi line terminating - not the actual name but it had m but managed to get some important data across in small chunks as soon as I tried to copy it across in one go it got pissy I began to use the computer properly again for about or days when the BSODs came back again I decided hoping that it the easiest answer was the right one that I should remove the old HD I took it out sealed it in a plastic bag and turned it off in the BIOS I now have the new Hitachi HD in SATA port - hasn t been moved since the install I turn the computer on and it works a treat Few months down the line few days ago and I hit the series of random BSODs again This time the computer reboots and says that it has just recovered and I quote from a serious error I report it an option that came up and it comes up with a Microsoft website that says that there is a problem with my RAID controller Correct me if I m wrong but I thought that RAID was a configuration that dealt with multiple drives as a single drive I have one drive in there I followed a link to Intel Corporation website and tried to download the latest driver for the RAID controller It downloaded it tried to install but as soon as the bar hit a message pops up and says that my system doesn t meet the minimum system requirements after already entering Win XP as my OS I give up and decide to chill out after surfing for about mins I find that there is a Win XP service pack that I haven t downloaded I download it install it and everything is normal I say normal but what I mean is that five minutes later I am hit with another BSOD This time I uninstall the RAID controller reinstall and update the drivers all thr... Read more

A:HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

Try installing a new power supply before you give up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-switching-and-subsequent-raid-and-bsod-failure.122762/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey all i just received my new bfg gtx and whenever i try to run games like cod it would just freeze right when i connect to GTX New bsod + 280 freezing a server like New GTX 280 bsod + freezing i can see half the map and the sky is black also whenever i try to run mirrors edge i would get a bsod something along the lines of quot flash graphics drivers quot or something i didnt have enough time to really read all of it because it would just restart after about seconds i never had this problem before with my old graphics card which was a gts i have checked the gpu temperature and when it freezes it is only around - degrees Celsius counter strike is the only game that runs on this right now which i find kind of odd everything else works fine on this except the other games for some reason i can play hd movies surf the web etc with no problems whatsoever i have tried a clean uninstall reinstall of the driver for the card with the most recent driver now i am really stumped ive checked all my connections and i have taken the card out and reput it back in to see what would happen but the same problem occurred my current specs are as listed vista ultimate bit quad core gigabyte New GTX 280 bsod + freezing ga-ep -ud p board gb ocz reaper w corsair p s bfg gtx oc edition no overclocking in any way if you guys could throw some advice help at New GTX 280 bsod + freezing me i would greatly appreciate it thanks nbsp

A:New GTX 280 bsod + freezing

first i would make sure the video card is getting enough power do you know how many amps you have on your 12v rail? also the card is pre overclocked you can get something like evga precision and take the clocks back to normal and see if that helps, but in my opinion it isnt getting enough power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gtx-280-bsod-freezing.120774/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi. I'm new here, and to be honest I didn't read the rules or anything.
Sorry if it's not on the right board for this.

Got a new computer a week ago, and have been suffering of BSOD's daily.

I've been looking at the minidumps a bit and it looks like that dxgkrnl.sys is almost every time the bsod's cause.

And yes, I have googled it.

The bsod's occur only when I play GTA IV.

I'm no professional in hardware, so sorry for insufficient information.

I can provide you the minidumps in .zip if you need them, but here are my specs.
Sapphire Radeon HD4870X2 2GB GDDR5
Q9550 @ 2.83 (stock)
8gb DDR2 800mhz
P5QC
Some 600w power supply
Antec Sonata III

Hope I get this solved cause it's really getting on my nerves.

A:Suffering bsod's

Try re-installing DirectX...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suffering-bsods.120401/
Relevancy 15.05%

I'll get a random BSOD after i OC my CPU. Even when i OC from 1.8 to 1.9Ghz, i get the BSOD's. Help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: K8V-X SE
OC via BIOS

Additional CPU info:
AMD Sempron 3000+; Palermo; socket 754​

A:AMD Sempron +3000 BSOD after OC

What is the make, type and model number of the systems memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-3000-bsod-after-oc.116063/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi All I have an Acer Aspire Turion ML gb ram which runs perfectly once i finally get it to boot from cold My usual routine is power up This boots the machine past the welcome screen to the desktop where just about everything happens correctly - icons appear in the notification area then bam BSOD Variety of different messages Aspire boot BSOD 5022) cold on (Acer here some relating to sys files and sometimes just a stop message Nothing specific power off then power up straight away Again loads to desktop whereupon I get EITHER a quot windows has recovered from a serioous error quot message then all is well OR any number of messages saying explorer needs to close or could not initialise BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022) win logon reboot then all is well No crashes - good ol XP performing as it should for as many days as I BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022) need it until I power down and let it go cold Then the cycle starts again BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022) I ve done the mem-test thing I ve installed Puppy Linux and that works fine so I m guessing hopefully not a hardware faliure Any clues much appreciated Kind REgards Red nbsp

A:BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022)

Can be signs of a faulty internal HardDrive (make sure that you always complete all backups)

Please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:

? To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
? (tick) To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box.
? To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?Click to expand...

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

--------------------------

After that, you could do a Drive Diagnostics too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-cold-boot-acer-aspire-5022.116920/
Relevancy 14.62%

My compaq 6515b is having a problem, im usually good about fixing them, but this has got me stubbing my toe. It will just randomly goes black screen, not shut off, but the blue wireless light cuts off, and its like just hung there, and its weird i have to manually restart it myself by forced shutdown.

The specs of my laptop are
2 GB of Ram
Amd Turion 64 X 2 Mobile Technology TL-60
Motherboard ATI RADEON X 1200 series (graphics chipset)
Windows xp professional

Any additional info jsut ask and yes i have all the updated drivers
Much appreciation in advance.

A:BSOD error or weird unusual problem

Please run Memtest on your Ram

I'd say it's either your computer's ram
Or the Video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-error-or-weird-unusual-problem.116908/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi i need help Dont know whether this is the right place to be or not Recently i ve got an error saying quot virtual scsi driver not detected quot from the program Daemontools It pops up on startup and I BSOD solve can't 0x0000008E, then i get the Blue Screen Of Death with this particular errormessage STOP x E xC xB FB xB D F X My laptop then reboots over and over again until I can't solve 0x0000008E, BSOD i manage to get it into safe mode I thought it was a problem with a virtual drive so i uninstalled the program daemontools It did nt help a bit only now the SCSI RAID host controller drive in device manager has vanished I don t have the error protocol for the SCSI RAID before i uninstalled it had a yellow exclamation I still get the BSOD I ve searched the internet for solutions and i must admit that i dont know anything about computers That is why i do not dare to try to update BIOS I ve done a ram check but it showed no errors i had four tests running everything else i d tried has had no effect I ve tried to do system restorage but i can t get past the quot validate restorage date quot I press Next but nothing happens I ve tried repairing my OS but it seems that for some reason it is not possible Can an early Xp-cd be non-combatible with my I can't solve 0x0000008E, BSOD current OS In other topics people have posted their system specifications but i can t find my own This is what i could find though Some of my system specs Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack build Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS-version dato COMPAL B - - SMBIOS-version Minidump files attached Thanks in advance nbsp

A:I can't solve 0x0000008E, BSOD

All Minidumps point to: sysmgr.exe (W32.Spybot.Worm)

Here's a removal tool (Download; disconnect from Network; close all programs, and run)
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixDavs.exe

Then proceed to:
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-solve-0x0000008e-bsod.116801/
Relevancy 15.05%

my first post, so hello all.
I'll get straight to the point:
this bsod is really bugging me. i've ran memtest, check disk, virus checker (windows one care) all the latest drivers are installed but i'm getting these random bsod and sometimes the computer locks up with the screen all fuzzy.

i've atttached my minidump files and would be most grateful if someone out there could look at them and decipher what clues they contain?

here's what i'm getting at the bsod:

ntfs.sys 0x24
page fault in non paged area 0x50
pfn list corrupt 0x4e
apc index mismatch 0x1 (file not attached)

A:Bsod minidump files

just had another bsod, this time memory management 0x01a

this is a self build system so i cant even complain to anybody apart from myself!!

the only thing i havent added to my system spec is the psu (antec signature 850w)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-minidump-files.116660/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi,

I recently put in a new AMD 64 X2 5400+ and I've been getting BSOD at random intervals.

I've run memtest and found zero errors, I ran Orthos for 12 hours with zero problems passed 4/4.

My hard drives are SATA's and roughly 4 or 5 years old.

This is one of the stop errors I've gotten:

0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x868E1D90, 0x868E1EDC, 0x8244400)

wanted second opinions on this error, trying to rule out the processor.

The mobo is a Biostar TF8200 A2+ (got it back in June '08)

A:BSOD Stop Error: 0x000000F4

Could you upload some MiniDumps it can help to solve the Problem.

Also how long did you run Memtest86 for?

Orthos is basically the same as Prime95,
What Test or Tests did you run on that?

Small FFT's should be run for testing the Processor, thats assuming that Orthos is similar to Prime95.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-stop-error-0x000000f4.112138/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey guys, i recently experienced a BSOD and when i went to look for the log it wasnt there so i got the .dmp file which i have attached can someone take a look and tell me the problem please,

thank you in advance

A:BSOD - Randomly restarts

Turn off Automatic restarts in System, Advanced. See if you get a Blue Screen with an error code displayed. Tell us what this code is. What are you doing when the error happens?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-randomly-restarts.115619/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,

for half a year now my acer aspire 4520 noebook had been having random BSOD, sometimes it seems to go away, ut in a while it will come back. Pls help me, cuz i am really frustated with it. thanks in advance. If you need more info, I'm more than happy to provide it.

system spec:
Window Vista Ultimate sp1
AMD TL-58
n-force 600m Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 700M
2Gb DDR2 Ram
120Gb Hdd

p.s. If i post in the wrong section pls tell me, thanks

A:Help with minidump files n BSOD

Inside the 3 Minidumps:

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 81e7d34f, 9ab41ac4, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: audiodg.exe

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 878500c0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: LimeWire.exeClick to expand...

Hmm, that last one is a concern
Limewire is a filesharing program, that is notorious for downloading Virus\Malware

Have a look at:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-minidump-files-n-bsod.115157/
Relevancy 15.05%

I've been getting random bsods every week or so for quite some time.
I don't know what to post, but here's what i found in the event viewer.

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000060, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f77e26e2.

system: intel p35 neo2 mobo
e6550 intel core2duo
cheapo 2 1gsticks RAM (2gb)
8800gts 320mb
720gb sata

These have only occured while playing a game, so far.

**I ran a memtest and it came back with errors.

A:BSOD - random, every week or so

Evankstudent said:

**I ran a memtest and it came back with errors.Click to expand...

As per the Memtest guide: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post653029-21.html
Please replace your Ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-random-every-week-or-so.115167/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello been beating my head against this one for over a month for my sister and am not Non-Stop BSOD Troubleshoot making any progress whatsoever so I am posting here hoping to get new input The laptop I am working on is locking up on a regular basis and BSODing - times a day Sometimes programs will not open when they are clicked kind of just hangs and while this is happening the Internet Troubleshoot Non-Stop BSOD connection shows the Limited Connectivity message and will not work I have updated the system per MS update and run memtest for hours no errors Unsure how to diagnose if I just need to throw the thing away or its something that could be repaired The system is as follows Troubleshoot Non-Stop BSOD Pentium Dual-Core T Ghz GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM Mhz MB ATI Mobility Radeon X GB rpm SATA HD Windows XP Home I have a sizeable collection of minidumps the most recent are attached to this post and I have places an older batch on a reply below if further samples are useful Interested in any opinions or insights anyone can offer I have looked at the files and see some recurrent issues with ipnat and http but don t know what that might mean Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Troubleshoot Non-Stop BSOD

Instead of "hosting" them on your website, please zip a few up and attach them here (200kb limit)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troubleshoot-non-stop-bsod.115020/
Relevancy 14.62%

Basically, i built my own rig a week ago and had nothing but BSOD's, after endless testing and reformatting vista i found that it was ONE of the 2 ram sticks (totalling 2gb) was fubar. So i took that one out and my rig now works fine with just one of them in...but its a certain one, not any one. I then put the other stick in by itself and found i got a BSOD again.

BUT the issue here is, If i put BOTH in (in same slots which HAVE been tested) that i can boot up into safe mode and do anything there but in normal mode it just blurts out the BSOD!

and bare in mind i have done ramtests with no issues. Reformatting wont do anything as i already have...any suggestions?

Iv had loads before and im used to fixing them but this is really mind bending!

Thank you ever so much!

A:Very weird BSOD issue... Ram related

You are clear as mud!

2 sticks = fail
1 stick = fail
1 stick = ok
replace the bad stick

Or are you actually saying the slot is bad, not the ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-weird-bsod-issue-ram-related.115036/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all First my system configuration AMD Athlon XP Go ram PNY Samsung PSU LC Power W Hard Drive seagate Go GPU Sapphire HD mo DDR AGP Here s my prob On Windows XP home with service pack i ve got BOSD on specifics games like Tomb Raider Legend Fear extraction point HL Bf On other like Crysis yes BSOD ati3duag.dll AGP hd3650 on my sys is laggy but i really like this game COD GTR No problems for us The BOSD just say to me x BSOD ati3duag.dll hd3650 AGP E Analyzing my minidump SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME ati duag FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME ati duag IMAGE NAME ati duag dll DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP edbafc FAILURE BUCKET ID x E BAD IP ati duag BUCKET ID x E BAD IP ati duag I can t post links for minidump so I m really sad i ve no idea of the BSOD ati3duag.dll hd3650 AGP problem I try install proper AGP hotfix from sapphire website Drivers XtremG drivers omega too old etc And the most strange thing the games work good on Windows Vista No problem but my computer so slow on games with Vista So i really hope someone could help me here I m little desperate Thanks in advance Cya PS sorry for my bad english Edit Here s most detailed analyze of minidump EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc d - EXCEPTION Instruction non autoris e Tentative d ex cution d une instruction interdite FAULTING IP ffffffffe b e b f fd d movdq q mm xmm TRAP FRAME aac -- trap xffffffffaac ErrCode eax e a ebx e cb ecx edx esi e c edi aac a eip e b esp aac ebp aac iopl nv up ei ng nz na po nc cs ss ds es fs gs efl e b f fd d movdq q mm xmm Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME FEARXP exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from bf a f to e b FAILED INSTRUCTION ADDRESS ffffffffe b e b f fd d movdq q mm xmm STACK TEXT WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong aac bf a f e c e a bf a xe b aac e c e a bf a e a ati duag x f aac e a bf a e a e a e xe c aac c bf a e a e a e a b xe a aac e a e a e a b e d ati duag x aac e a e a b e d e c xe a aac a b e d e c e a e xe a e aac c e d e c e a e bf a d x a b aac e c e a e bf a d e a e xe d aac e a e bf a d e a e bf a d xe c aac bf a d e a e bf a d c xe a e aac c e a e bf a d c ati duag x d aac bf a d c e a e xe a e aac e a e e ati duag x d STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP ati duag f bf a f SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME ati duag f FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME ati duag IMAGE NAME ati duag dll DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b FAILURE BUCKET ID x E BAD IP ati duag f BUCKET ID x E BAD IP ati duag f Followup MachineOwner I hope you can read something on that I m really desperate now Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD ati3duag.dll hd3650 AGP

Did this happen before you updated to SP3?

It is known that computers with AMD processors updating to Windows XP SP3 have problems with the new Service Pack, you have to install some fix before you update to SP3.

If you had problems before the SP3 update then follow this.

0x8E errors are almost always Hardware errors run Memtest86.
Instructions
Download the pre-built ISO of Memtest86 (Link Below) burn it to a CD using ISO Recorder (Link Below) and then boot off the CD and start the test going for 3-5 hours (Minimum of 7 passes) or Overnight which would be better.
EDIT : Forgot to post links
Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-ati3duag-dll-hd3650-agp.109281/
Relevancy 14.62%

Bought a new PC a couple of months ago and put vista on it have had absolutely no dramas so far had a LAN a couple of days ago and after i moved the PC to my friend s house it started to randomly freeze and BSOD with no apparent cause I figured it was a loose connection somewhere from being transported but i opened it up and disconnected reconnected everything to no avail Tried removing and alternating between ram sticks and slots no change been reading some forums that suggested a device driver problem and video memory so reinstalled updated my gfx drivers still nothing help dump freeze random and Memory 64-bit Vista BSOD the BSOD error i get is STOP x x xFFFFF CD D xFFFFF CD D x B though that was the most recent ive also had IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL comp specs are Intel Core Duo E ASUS Vista 64-bit random BSOD and freeze Memory dump help ATX P Q SE GeForce GT gb ram Vista Ultimate -bit only things not new in the PC are the PSU an Antec TruePower W pin and an IDE DVD drive like i said been running fine for months so i ve attached some of the minidump files from the last few days getting really frustrated if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Vista 64-bit random BSOD and freeze Memory dump help

64bit bit operating systems are not commonly used, and as such have poor driver support. Few people here on TS (I would assume) use a 64 bit OS. I suggest finding a better driver as from what I have read, this seems to be the root of most 64 bit OS problems.

BTW- M$ requires are 64 bit drivers to be certified.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-64-bit-random-bsod-and-freeze-memory-dump-help.114745/
Relevancy 15.05%
Q: Bsod

hi sorry if this has been answered loads of times before but cant really understand most of the solutions other people are coming up with duh Basically I recently started getting bsod on certain games i e WOW stalker and just recently spore interestingly enough spore will let me play untill second level then re-boots i canplay Bsod crysis on low settings and i mean low and farcry on full settings no probs I recieved the usual message of stop x f x d Bsod x x my basic specs are amd athalon ati x gb ram and WXP SP all my drivers are latest ones and my pc isnt overheating as the lcd readout has it running at around degrees which believe for my processor is fine I have re-installed games as well as windows and even tried on different HDD with no joy I have seen alot of people Bsod talking about memory dumps ect but wouldn t even know where to start with all that so any help would be greatly appreciated please translate to proof language please thanks nbsp

A:Bsod

My usual reply to most blue screen problems that don't result in total shutdown never to return is to run some scans (for malware, viruses, etc) on your system and also clean your registry and your system.

Use CCleaner for registry. Its free. Get it here:
http://www.ccleaner.com/

And cleanup all the temp space on your computer with Cleanup:

http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?Itemid=70&id=28&option=com_content&task=view

Let me know what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod.114437/
Relevancy 15.05%

View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment errors Many BSOD bug related I have so many bugs that it s not funny and this is even after re-installing XP and above is just of the minidumps and the rest are on the second comment System Pentium MHz Windows XP Home Edition Version service pack NVIDIA Graphics card gb RAM gb Hardrive I have had my computer for a while and working fine One day my computer started restarting automatically when playing high graphic games or doing multimedia so I re-installed the computer but still the things happened I haven t checked hardware yet with functionality or dust but I am in the process I Many bug BSOD related errors have no tweaked settings such as overclocking and I have no options in removing caching or shadowing in the BIOS To view the bug number I set my system recovery to not restart so the blue screen of death appears I have updated all my hardware to the latest drivers I have not had because Microsoft suggests that there can be a related errors to this with hardware I have tried many stuff on the web and nothing has fixed this Anti-virus software can be a cause of this but disabling it has made no difference and it is the latest version of the legal Trend Micro Crashes also when playing UT I have also run Chkdsk f r on command prompt and the windows ram test and they have shown that the RAM and NTFS system is fine I have not checked the temperature of my CPU and Graphics card because I need suggestions on the right software to use to check this and I have tried RAM testing software and everything has been fine This weekend I will re-install my computer from scratch so I can try any suggestions Bugs x e xc xf b a xba fa x x x x f d x f f x ad The browser has forced an election on network Device NetBT Tcpip EFBFE - - B- E - B FB E F because a master browser was stopped Sourced from event viewer and I use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox Error code parameter parameter f d parameter f f parameter ad Sourced from event viewer think this happened when playing Warcraft III System Information CONFLICTS SHARING I O Port x - x F PCI bus I O Port x - x F Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF SIS Processor to AGP Controller I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce IRQ Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System IRQ SCSI RAID Host Controller Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF SIS Processor to AGP Controller Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce Memory Address xE - xE FFFFFF SIS Processor to AGP Controller Memory Address xE - xE FFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF SIS Processor to AGP Controller Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce I O Port x B - x BB SIS Processor to AGP Controller I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce I O x - x F PCI bus OK x - x F Direct memory access controller OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Programmable interrupt controller OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x System timer OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard OK x - x System speaker OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x System CMOS real time clock OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Direct memory access controller OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x F Direct memory access controller OK x A - x A Programmable interrupt controller OK x A - x BF Motherboard resources OK x C - x DF Direct memory access controller OK x E - x EF Motherboard resources OK x F - x FF Numeric data processor OK x - x Secondary IDE Channel OK x F - x F Primary IDE Channel OK x - x Standard Game Port OK x - x Standard Game Port OK x - x ISAPNP Read Data Port OK x - x ISAPNP Read Data Port OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x F - x FF Communications Port COM OK x - x MPU- Compatible MIDI Device OK x - x Secondary IDE Channel OK x - x F ECP Printer Port LPT OK x B - x BB SIS Processor to AGP Controller O... Read more

A:Many bug BSOD related errors

Try reloading your SIS motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's support website

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-bug-bsod-related-errors.114102/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hiya,

I had recently installed a graphics card. It was working just fine until the game i was playing turned all black but i could still hear the sound and all, so i just decided to restart my comp.I have tried F8 and all the modes in safe mode.When windows xp is loading a blue screen flickers and makes my comp restart. I wouldnt mind loosing all my files through reinstalling windows but it gets stuck when im trying to repair it or reinstall

My comp's specs are:

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 3800+
Cpu speed: 2000MhZ
Cache ram: 512KBx2

HP Pavilion A1600n

hope this helps,the blue screen i get is : Stop0x00000024)
(0x00190203,0x864CFAB8,0xC0000102,0x00000000)

Help would be appreciated. Thanks

A:Windows xp not starting, bsod

Firstly make sure all your Hp drivers are up to date: HP Drivers if it ever gets to Windows again.

But if you don't mind re-installing
Then put the Windows disc in (or use the System Recovery, if it has that startup prompt)
Boot from CD
And remove the Partition
And then allow Windows to continue installing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-not-starting-bsod.113686/
Relevancy 15.05%

i am continually getting the BSOD with the stop code of 0x000000F4... i have done a complete reformat and reinstall (multiple times),,, tested the Memory (good), and still get it randomly,,, i now can not Run the Chkdsk c: /r cause when it gets to the Files test (4 of 5) it hangs there and ends up rebooting eventually. i have tried MANY MANY things already.... this is all on a newer Sony Vaio. I have searched the web and done most things people at suggesting with no avail.... i am about to toss this thing out the window,, and of course i am just out of warranty...
Any help woudl be appreciated!!!!

A:BSOD stop: 0x000000F4

Try another hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-stop-0x000000f4.70797/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello i have had problems with the BSOD ever since i put together my new computer about month ago It happens very often and seems totally random My new computer consists of the following - CPU Intel Core Quad Q - Motherboard Asus P Q-E - CPU Cooler Scythe Ninja - PSU Corsair HX - Graphiccard Asus EN GT - Memory OCZ Reaper PC x GB - Harddrive x GB Seagate I have installed Windows Vista Ultimate and have my (Prime95 unstable BSOD System New Error) - The harddrives set up in Raid one of them i sent back for a replacement currently Everything is currently set to default in the bios except i have changed the DRAM Voltage to V to be sure that the Memory gets the right voltage I have been trying to find out what is causing the problems that makes the system give me the Blue Screen of Death all the time but unlucky so far The error messages i get is either IRQL LESS OR EQUAL xA PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x or MEMORY MANAGMENT By looking at the stop codes it seems to be either defect hardware in form of memory in either the RAM CPU or Graphiccard or a Driver error I have tried with only one RAM dimm in the motherboard at the time and in different slots Also i have tried underclocking the RAM All of it with no success I have run MemTest without any errors Yesterday i then decided to try to run Prime I ran with threads because of the cores First time it only ran The BSOD - New System unstable (Prime95 Error) for minutes then one of the threads stopped with the following error FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than Hardware failure detected consult stress txt file I tried to run it times afterwards All of the times one or more - threads cores of the threads stopped with the following error within - minutes FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than Hardware failure detected consult stress txt file I didnt get a BSOD any of the times the threads stopped because of an error I had The BSOD - New System unstable (Prime95 Error) the HWMonitor and CpuZ open all the time and the CPU didnt get hotter than - Degress on one of the cores which should be okay it was lower on all other cores I have downloaded IntelBurn but didnt dare to try it out as it should stress the CPU even more than Prime I have no idea what to do now Can someone help me Martin nbsp

A:The BSOD - New System unstable (Prime95 Error)

Is overheating possible?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-bsod-new-system-unstable-prime95-error.112960/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello Everybody,

Very often I receive a BSOD with the Stop Error
0x0000007F(0x0000008,0xBAB38D70, 0x000000, 0x000000)
or
0x0000007F(0x0000008,0x80042000, 0x000000, 0x000000)
It restarts OK, but BSOD will appear some days later again.
I never use overclocking.
I've reinstalled Windows XP on the new HDD (!) but BSOD is still with me.

I would be very indebted if somebody could tell me the reason.

I attach several minidumps here.

A:BSOD. Urgent

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ati2mtag.sysClick to expand...

ati2mtag.sys: ATI RAGE Miniport Driver

Just update your Video card drivers, or try different versions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-urgent.112226/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi Sporadically I get BSOD s At the bottom of the screen it says the RealtekHQ device is the cause Seemed like Caused BSOD by driver? Realtk an easy fix I uninstalled the old driver and installed the new one That didn t fix it I called intel and they said it could be the audi integration on the graphics card My graphics card has no audio output that I know of They told me to try running the games and such with the onboard graphics but the onboard graphics will not run HL Assassins Creed Counterstrike and so on I ve only gotten the BSODs while listening to music and playing a game Does anyone have any ideas on how to recreate the situation or know BSOD Caused by Realtk driver? of any programs like Prime for the audio system lol Intel suggested the MB might be bad Any suggestions on what to replace it with as this is the rd bad board I ve gotten Thanks for any help System Specs quot samsung LCD Q with arctic freezer GB ADATA DDR RAM X Zotac GT Oced X WD Raptor rpm HDD X Maxtor slow and small HDD X Samsung SATA DVD CD R RW burner nbsp

A:BSOD Caused by Realtk driver?

Hello is this onboard sound? If so just disable onboard sound in the bios and buy a pci sound card rather cheap these days. You can even buy usb soud card devices on ebay that you connect your speakers too for about 5 might be worth a look at.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-caused-by-realtk-driver.112821/
Relevancy 14.62%

Okay My computer build has been running perfectly for awhile I have BSOD random lockups 0x124, and a MSI n platinum MOBO and the thing doesn t seem to like gigbytes of RAM or it might be the fact that it doesn t like sticks I put in another set of - - - BSOD 0x124, and random lockups TWIN XMS to boost my system to GB Well now I sometimes get random freezes or lockups on my computer where nothing BSOD 0x124, and random lockups will respond My ram runs at the clock speeds for the slower ones - - - which was the speed of my last pair of TWINXMS I wonder if it s caused by having sticks or having GBs I m tempted to buy a set of x gb sticks but I don t want to invest unless I KNOW it will work I have tried running sticks of the - - - variety but the computer froze up within minutes of getting to windows on XP and vista My specs are MSI p n platinum i SLI Intel Q WD caviar SATA HD EVGA GTS Creative X-fi Xtremegamer Windows Vista Home Premium bit SP Corsair twinXMS x gb - - - Corsair twinxms x gb - - - nbsp

A:BSOD 0x124, and random lockups

If u are running a 32bit OS 4 gigs of mem. will give no increase of anything over 2 gigs of mem. & with u placing the slower mem. in all will run slower.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-0x124-and-random-lockups.112714/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi i have recently installed a issue hardware. new with Bsod new vga sapphire radeon hd agp in my system asus a v amd athlon xp barton ghz gb ram ddr mb watt power supply windows is stable while doing normal application like navigation on the net or watch films the problem start in gaming session the system get a bsod not always for example in the game Oblivion it only crash when the game is on the external part while loading all the trees grass distant lands Bsod issue with new hardware. ecc while inside gameplay is just perfect and never ever got a bsod But the strange thing come now i searched for much time a solution and i find out that by Downcloccking the cpu from ghz to ghz with the multiplier so i dont change anything else only cpu clock the game runs fine and i really dont get how this is possibile the heat is good never goes past c in full load and the game crashes right after secs all because of mhz if someone has some idea i would really appreciate thx for your help nbsp

A:Bsod issue with new hardware.

I'm guessing its a power supply issue. Running that card at load might stress the system a little resulting in a bsod, but post your psu specs. We'll go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-issue-with-new-hardware.112632/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi all I got my PC about months ago and have constantly been having problems with lock ups or BSOD during games random lock up times between min - hrs while i was playing and on rare occasions when running other programs e g Games Oblivion WoW Programs avast antivirus during scans My computer Windows XP Home Service pack Intel Pentium GHz dual CPU GB of RAM Jetway IN M Motherboard NVIDIA GeForce GT SyncMaster BW Screen There are main errors that keep occurring in the Event Viewer at the time when my pc either freezes or BSOD But screen only remains for like computer New BSOD) problems and (Freezing secs so i can t read the blue screen and then my pc restarts Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter Product Windows Operating System ID Source System Error Version Symbolic Name ER KRNLCRASH LOG Message Error code parameter parameter parameter parameter The BITS job list is not in a recognized format It may have been created by a different version of BITS The job list has been cleared Product Windows Operating System ID Source BITS Version Symbolic Name MC STATE FILE CORRUPT Message The BITS job list is not in a recognized format It may have been created by a different version of BITS The job list has been cleared The Upload Manager service failed to start due to the following error The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same New computer problems (Freezing and BSOD) process Product Windows Operating System ID Source Service Control Manager Version Symbolic Name EVENT SERVICE START FAILED Message The service failed to start due to the following error Things I ve tried Reformatting windows Installing the latest drivers for all my hardware Changing the RAM Changing the Hard Drive Changing the Motherboard Running games on on board graphics suspected the graphics card and removed it Used the old drivers that came with the CD Updating to service pack didn t help reverted back to Bought a bigger heat sink and made my computer run while a fan was blowing into the case Disabling pagefile sys deleting it and enabling it Disabling BusMatering in the BIOS Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-problems-freezing-and-bsod.112348/
Relevancy 15.05%

ok so i was google searching trying to find the same code as mine that happens but i couldnt but i found this forum and hope that some1 can help me with the BSoD ive been getting.

Driver_IRQL_NOT_Less_or_EQUAL

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00090014, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xBA5FC6D4)

NDIS.sys - Address BA5FC6D4 base at BA5D9000, Date Stamp 48025d03

thats what I just got. on a side note ive only been getting BSoD when downloading something using the Blizzard Downloader for the game World of Warcraft or Warcraft 3 not sure whats wrong with it or if its trying to do something but any help is appreciated.

thanks

A:BSoD Help

The error you are receiving are due to either a faulty driver or buggy software. I am wondering if your antivirus and/or security suit and a WoW driver are not compatible. What is your antivirus?

Also please read this on NDIS.sys and the comments below it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-help.112088/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi guys I get a BSOD with a x E or x E randomly but it has no other information except the error code It does not specify the file in error nor the problem minidump ati3duag.dll suspect BSOD according to However I suspect that my problem was since XP SP Please let me know what patches you were referring to My computer specs are as follows AMD Athlon Barton core Gigabyte GA- N Pro Rev x Firmware FK x MB Kingston DDR slots ATI Radeon X Pro Catalyst WD g SATA PS unknown I am running Windows XP Home SP quot no new patches as BSOD suspect ati3duag.dll according to minidump per microsoft site quot I have BSOD suspect ati3duag.dll according to minidump performed the following Upgraded MB firmware Updated MB drivers Updated Catalyst driver Performed memory stress test hours and clean Performed graphics card stress test hours and clean Looked through minidump this is where I identified ati duag dll I know for sure that it s not a VIA ATI compatibility issue as my MB is an nForce chipset The only thing I didn t try is uninstalling Windows XP SP because I am not sure whether the problem started with SP or before Another point is that XP SP is supposed to contain the SP fixes mentioned in the various other threads relating to problems with ati duag and bsod Please refer to microsoft KB I have checked all of my hardware components using various tests and have come to the following suspects Bug in Windows XP SP Some kind of configuration driver compatibility problem Insufficient PSU I have tried unplugging all external peripherals I want to rule out and before trying My system config at peak power usage with all components connected is as follows core AMD Athlon Barton core Gigabyte GA- N Pro Rev x Firmware FK x MB Kingston DDR slots ATI Radeon X Pro WD g SATA optional unplugged while testing prefer to use Seagate g IDE Internal x CD RW drive External x DVD RW drive quot g Maxtor External HDD USB Mouse battery charger USB Wireless mouse dongle USB Bluetooth dongle In the case of which power supply would you recommend out of the ones available at MSY Australian shop Brand Model additional model price add model price SHAW W W Max SHAW W Dual Fan Max SHAW W Tri Fan Max A-Power Black Label Watt Single-Fan A-Power Gold Label Watt Dual-Fan A-Power Platinum Label Watt Tri-Fan ASUS Z FP W P- GA W ASUS U- GA W Thermaltake W TR W TR W Thermaltake ToughPower W W Thermaltake ToughPower W W W Thermaltake W W PE for Nvidia amp SLI VGA GIGABYTE W W Coolermaster Extreme W W W Coolermaster Extreme W W W Coolermaster RealPower Pro w w Coolermaster RealPower Pro w w Coolermaster RealPower Pro W Coolermaster RealPower Modular W W Super Flower W W Super Flower W W W Topower W W Fan-less Real Topower W W W Topower W W W Huntkey V-Power W Titan W I want one that doesn t cost too much but provides reliable power at a fairly efficient rate I guess this rules out SHAW reliability for one From what I ve read Huntkey Titan and Coolermaster RPP are at the reliability and efficiency I m after Are there any cheaper on the list that would be recommended Of course I would prefer to resolve this problem without having to purchase new hardware especially since if it is not a hardware problem then new hardware isn t going to magically fix the problem anyway nbsp

A:BSOD suspect ati3duag.dll according to minidump

G'Day

Could you upload the MiniDumps you have please (No more than 5 at a time).

I couldn't recommend a PSU for you to be honest I'm not very good with that sort of thing, but I can point you in the Right Direction in terms of Manufacturer, you are Correct about Coolermaster being Good but also the Thermaltake ones you listed are Good as well but I'm not sure about the Huntkey one. Obviously you don't want to buy a PSU yet, we will rule out all other options First which are Free to do .

I saw your posts on the other Thread unluckily the OP on there didn't post back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-suspect-ati3duag-dll-according-to-minidump.110770/
Relevancy 14.62%

I am getting the following problem out of my laptop. When I start the laptop it goes through the Windows Pro loading screen then it goes to the BSOD. It restarts just as soon as it comes up. I have restarted it several time and I got the following information out of it.

stop 0x0000008e 0xc0000005 0xbf8025a 0x9b617dc 0x00000000

win32k.sys address bf80250a base at bf800000 datestamp 3c745f4d

It wont load in safe mode. I cant get passed the BSOD

I dont have a start up disk. All software cam preinstalled.

I have run a memory test through www.memtest.org

15 passes no errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Bsod laptop wont start up

I've just seen your other Thread where Route was helping you and you mentioned you had your Thread removed the Mods may have removed because technically you shouldn't post a Thread Twice because it can confuse matters, I will post on your Other Thread to indicate the Helping has now moved here in a more suited Forum. I don't know if the Mods will agree with this so we will see.

Ok your Problem now, your Description seems to indicate that the HDD maybe faulting, And it seems you can't even Access the OS. We'll try to get you access back to the OS first.

Laptop's have a Recovery Console they don't get OS Disks and if they do it is very Rare, to access the Recovery Console you need to turn the system on and press F10 repeatedly until you get into the Recovery Console, now at this point My Knowledge goes on the Subject because I have never needed to use the Recovery Console and so don't know what happens after that. The only thing I know is that the Recovery Console is stored as i386 I think.

Here is a Link on the Microsoft Website that may help you using the Recovery Console - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

Post back after you have done this and we will see if you have got back into the OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-laptop-wont-start-up.111774/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello People,

Well basicly i received a BSOD with the Stop Error 0x0000007F(0x0000008,0xBAB38D70, 0x000000, 0x000000) And ive done hardware tests on everything Memtests(Windows,Others), EVEREST Ultimate, SeaTools, Loads of other tools and they all found nothing hardware related problem but i dont understand why its happening ive formatted and all that milarky.

Ive attached a dump file so if anyone can find the problem i will be very happy

A:BSOD and then Computer Restarts! Urgent

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, bab38d70, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : BT4501G.sysClick to expand...

BT4501G.sys: USB Wireless Adaptor

Use ethernet cable instead, and remove the USB drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-then-computer-restarts-urgent.111667/
Relevancy 14.62%

ever since I got this video card I ve always had crashes and bsod at random points and I tried everything to fix it but I always fail Anyway here is my information System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack eMachines T Inel R Pentium R CPU Ghz Ghz MB of Ram Video Card ATI Radeon HD Series AGP this might be a long read but Im going to go into detail about this I needed a new video card because my old was way outdated and I couldn t play any of the newer games Not even World of WarCraft I purchased it because it was the only AGP card they had at this best buy and it looked pretty good so I got it but ever since I installed I ve been having this really annoying problem After installing the AVI files off the CD I kept getting crash my computer and is bsod new to get My causing video card the blue screen of death at random points mainly when I am browsing It didn t happen a whole lot but it happened enough to annoy me Probably like My new video card is causing my computer to crash and get bsod times a day but with games it worked just fine it never gave me bsod when I was playing the games on my computer I ve been playing World of WarCraft Devil May Cry PHANTASY STAR ONLINE Blue Burst Just fine Just has been going on for like months now and I m just tired of it I ve heard other people had other problems with there ATI Radoen HD AGP cards and they even had sites My new video card is causing my computer to crash and get bsod for hotfixes but nothing has WORKED I tried everything Not even the hotfix fixed my problem I heard the drivers on the cd were junk so I get rid My new video card is causing my computer to crash and get bsod of those restart the computer downloaded the one that is suppose to work right and I still get crashes and bsod I get random crashes my computer just freezes out of nowhere sometimes so instead of the bsod now the computer just freezes out of random and it gets really annoying Sometimes when I go to sleep overnight it will just freeze hours later even though i am not doing anything on it one time I tried taking out the card and unistalling everything related to that card I left it out for days and my computer worked just fine with my regular card so I knew for sure it was just the card now causing all those problems so I installed it back in thinking that maybe I should start fresh so I installed the newer AVI files again and it worked fine for almost the whole day than it just froze and now I have the same problem again - - and I tried alot of registry virus fixes but none of them ever fix the problem http a ac-images myspacecdn com a e png This probably won t help much but here is the inside of my computer sorry its kinda dark though http a ac-images myspacecdn com c de b b png A friend of mine said it may have been a overheating problem so I had a fan right in front of the card to help cool it down but it still the computer would freeze and give me problem The card wasn t even that hot except for spot that is shaped like an orange square I forget what its called but somebody said its normal for that part to be reasonably hot So I really don t know what the problem is Apprantly there are two problems a card can have overheating and driver errors but it may not be either and could be something more serious Recently I downloaded a game that actually does give me the bsod Battlefield Demo the weird thing is it only does it sometimes at the logo screen when I get past that and play the actual game i am just fine Never during gameplay does it give me the bsod However when I was playing World of WarCraft it froze but this has only happened once before The sites I mainly on a daily bases are Youtube Myspace and a bunch forums sites When I get the bsod I usually get this error page fault In nonpaged area this appears sometimes sometimes it doesn t Than it says its caused by Ati mtag sys Address F c base at F E DateStamp b b Technical Information Stop x E x xf C OXF BOC XF B C So yeah that pretty ... Read more

A:My new video card is causing my computer to crash and get bsod

Try not to open a New thread it can get confusing between the 1 you already have, I could suggest something on your Other Thread and it may have already been suggested on here.

Link for Current Thread - http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=656211#post656211

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-video-card-is-causing-my-computer-to-crash-and-get-bsod.111195/
Relevancy 14.62%

I'm currently having a problem with my computer. It's been troublesome from the start.

Windows XP
AMD Athlon64 x 2 Dual 6400+
2x2 gb Supertalent RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS graphics card

I have disabled automatically restart after BSOD however it restarts anyways. Errors usually occur when I am running World of Warcraft.

A:BSOD quickly into restart - Many problems inside

Inside the 3 MiniDumps:

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image

Probably caused by : Unknown_ImageClick to expand...

On World of Warcraft game
Try updating your Video and Sound drivers
Note: WOW seems to be the most faulted game seen on TechSpot, many members having issues with this one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-quickly-into-restart-many-problems-inside.111043/
Relevancy 14.62%

Yes I have Area Nonpaged Fault BSOD-Page in fallen victim to the infamous alias doesn t really tell you anything code stop error To set up my current state of frustration here s my story A few weeks ago my rig began randomly blue screening and hanging no real rhyme or reason just bam blue screen or hang I began the usual diagnostics restored to previous states ensured current drivers etc ultimately to discover one of my RAM sticks as bad Memtest I replaced both sticks with a different set formatted re-installed the OS long story got the system back to operation Up until today all was good my rig was seemingly running as strong as when I built it Then bam BSOD code with the ambiguous error statement other than codes that I have not been able BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area to find definitive explanation for At this point however I have noticed that the first and subsequent BSs I have gotten are only during video or D applications pretty easy at this point to suspect one of the video cards But before I spend yet another week tearing into my box after I spent what little spare time I ve had in the last two weeks putting it back together I thought I d ask if there is anyone who can clarify the error codes for me or point me in the direction of clarifying them myself googling turned up zip The code STOP x xBAC F x xBAC F x My rig relevent specs Mobo XFX i nVidia chipset most current BIOS CPU BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area E stock voltage and clock GHz RAM Gig - gig dual channel kit OCZ Reaper DDR PSU Corsair TX amp single v rail GPU XFX GTs in SLI drivers OS Windows Xp Pro bit SP all current updates Onboard audio used current drivers - DVD RW drives SATA HDDs totaling Gig all nicely fitting in a well circulating Cooler Master Centurion My guess at the code would be since there are two BAC errors with one followed by an IRQ error that maybe one card is bad Takin a wild shot there but like I said my searches up to this point have been fruitless Any help would be much appreciated TBolt Edit Forgot to mention that following a BS I reboot into Windows normally fine and can BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area stay there for relatively long periods of time so long as I don t do anything too demanding or requiring heavy use of video d sniff video card or driver sniff I ll attach a dump file or two once I figure out how Edit Ah ha here we go attachments nbsp

A:BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Minidumps are most commonly placed in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

You can upload your dumps, as is, with your posts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.110557/
Relevancy 14.62%

ok my specs are 790i ultra,Q9300,4gb patriot ddr3, 750 corsair 75 amps. pny 9600gt

now i problem is that randomly the whole pc freezes and horrid noise comes out of the speakers. the ram is good because when i first made this i had returned the original that was horribly bad. the HDD is brand new 320gig. not overheating everything is in 30 c's mini typhoon on the cpu.

A:Newly built PC randomly freezes no bsod

ppsssooo said:

ok my specs are 790i ultra,Q9300,4gb patriot ddr3, 750 corsair 75 amps. pny 9600gt

now i problem is that randomly the whole pc freezes and horrid noise comes out of the speakers. the ram is good because when i first made this i had returned the original that was horribly bad. the HDD is brand new 320gig. not overheating everything is in 30 c's mini typhoon on the cpu.Click to expand...

That's what I have been getting too also on a new PC. I was told it's the power supply o-o;

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-pc-randomly-freezes-no-bsod.110106/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a new customer call me about an issue with their computer. Make a long story short I feel it is their video card. 1.They can get into safe mode 2.Also when I enable VGA mode I can start normally and get into windows. With that being said if I start normally I get to the Xp plash screen and then the light on the monitor starts to go from green to amber. Then the light is amber and the screen is black. I tried to install and reinstall the card/drivers and the same thing. So with the above is my assumption correct or should I do a reinstall of xp or a reformat? By the way the card is Nvidia 8911 AGP 8x 128ddr

Thanks
Adam

A:Nvidia card BSoD

Possibly a resolution set that can't be handled. In VGA mode set the resolution to the LCD/CRT default.

Make sure diaplay properties shows ONLY resolutions that are supported.

Worst case, uninstall the Nvidia drivers fromn Safe Mode, boot normally and then install latest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-card-bsod.110480/
Relevancy 15.05%

heaya guys im in trouble and cant find a clear solution anywhere yesterday i installed a nd asus on SLI in 9600GT Bsod's GT to go running SLI first attempt took place under vista ultimate x when i booted a pup up came up telling me he found a sli Bsod's on 9600GT in SLI setup and if i wanted to enable so i click yes problem starts first screen goes black monitor switches to stand by and after a while i get an bsod nvldmmdm dll or sys if i remeber correct after reading stories on inet about GT drivers not fully vista compatable i thought lets format and instal xp bits and then when i enable sli same story only the bsod points towards nv mini sys my system specs are gt amd athlon x asus crosshair nforce I sli corshair ddr xms gb x asus GT OCZ stealthxtreme W zalman cpns cpu cooler the problem is not generated by temperatures there all on normal levels C C as far as i can tell visual and spec wise the both GT s are identical what im a doing wrong here anyone that experianced this aswell thnx in advance nbsp

A:Bsod's on 9600GT in SLI

just for a note XP 64bit is not a good OS lots of things have driver problems with it, and the thing is drivers for it are no longer being produced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-on-9600gt-in-sli.108340/
Relevancy 15.05%

I recently order G sticks of ram DDR PC from Crucial adding on to the other sticks that I have alread in BSOD new when RAM adding my system When I boot the pc it tries to startup but then I get a BSOD screen but they are different each time One I got was reagrding NETIO SYS then I restarted and got PFN LIST CORRUPT So I try to do the start repair and it states that it cant repair issue The funny things is though if I select Start Windows As Normal BSOD when adding new RAM it will work and I am able to get to my desktop with no issues So I took the cards out and restarted with my existing cards and their were no issues The cards are brand new so I don t think it s bad memory maybe a bad file or overheating I am lost Any suggestions Here are my specs CPU Properties CPU Type Unknown CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon tm Processor CPUID Revision FF h CPU Speed CPU Clock MHz CPU Cache L Code Cache KB L Data Cache KB L Cache KB Asynchronous Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID -MCP M-AM- A KE C- Motherboard Name Unknown BIOS Properties System BIOS Date Video BIOS Date Award BIOS Type Phoenix BSOD when adding new RAM - Award WorkstationBIOS v PG Award BIOS Message This BIOS is exclusively for Acer only R -B DMI BIOS Version R -B Memory Devices A Memory Device Properties Form Factor DIMM Size MB Total BSOD when adding new RAM Width -bit Data Width -bit Device Locator A Bank Locator Bank Manufacturer None Serial Number None Asset Tag None Part Number None Memory Devices A Memory Device Properties Form Factor DIMM Size MB Total Width -bit Data Width -bit Device Locator A Bank Locator Bank Manufacturer None Serial Number None Asset Tag None Part Number None Memory Devices A Memory Device Properties Form Factor DIMM Total Width -bit Data Width -bit Device Locator A Bank Locator Bank Manufacturer None Serial Number None Asset Tag None Part Number None Memory Devices A Memory Device Properties Form Factor DIMM Total Width -bit Data Width -bit Device Locator A Bank Locator Bank Manufacturer None Serial Number None Asset Tag None Part Number None Motherboard CPU Type Unknown MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Motherboard Motherboard Properties Manufacturer Acer Product EM SM EM PM Radeon X X Series Video Adapter Properties Device Description Radeon X X Series Adapter String Radeon X X Series BIOS String -A - Chip Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x C DAC Type Internal DAC MHz Installed Drivers atiumdag atiumdva atitmmxx Memory Size MB Video Adapter Manufacturer Company Name ATI Technologies Inc Product Information http www ati com products gamer html Driver Download http www ati com support driver html Radeon X X Series Video Adapter Properties Device Description Radeon X X Series Adapter String Radeon X X Series BIOS String -A - Chip Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x C DAC Type Internal DAC MHz Installed Drivers atiumdag atiumdva atitmmxx Memory Size MB Video Adapter Manufacturer Company Name ATI Technologies Inc Product Information http www ati com products gamer html Driver Download http www ati com support driver html I aslo have a bit OS with G sticks currently installed nbsp

A:BSOD when adding new RAM

According to the above, you have
1x 512 Meg Card in the first slot
1x 1 Gig Ram card in the second slot
By the way, it should be around the other way.

It is advisable to keep all rams the exact same, in respect to:
Size
Manufacture
Speed
Voltage
Type
Basically exactly the same

Here's a couple of links that may help you

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html
http://www.crucial.com/kb/answer.aspx?qid=3743

Many users have different amounts (and manufactures) of rams installed without fault. Basically some work well together (But not all)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-when-adding-new-ram.109532/
Relevancy 15.05%

New to the forum looking for some help I have just bought a nd hand PC with AMD CPU on Asus A N-SLI Deluxe board running XP SP and it keeps crashing about once every or hrs the power bsod PC crashing intermittent does not appear to PC intermittent crashing bsod switch off The whole system reboots each time instantaneously The PC does not crash any more frequently or faster if it has just crashed I gave the PC a good clean out checked connections etc after I started to see the problem and there was an incredible amount of dust in the Graphics card cooling fan and the Motherboard chipset fan The chipset fan was very noisy on boot up but clearing the dust away has rectified this Still the PC crashes I m only surfing the net and running Squeezebox so the PC shouldn t be under any pressure I have loaded Probe and I m seeing CPU temp - to C MB temp - to C All voltages fans seem to happy and running well One chassis fan from is not connected on stopping auto reboot I get blue screen with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and the usual message trouble shooting tips etc Info from system log is summarised Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer EGG PC Description Error code a parameter a dc ec parameter parameter parameter f Crashed again on reboot after C drive error check with additional blue screen message quot nvatabus sys - address BA CE base at BA A Datestamp a quot Also get this bs error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer EGG PC Description Error code parameter dda parameter parameter c c a parameter I have x mindumps but have no idea about redaing or understanding them Have tried the following cleaning and reseating everything deleteing and updating all drivers memtest defrag C drive deleting page swap file Thanks for any suggestions alan nbsp

A:PC intermittent crashing bsod

You have these errors 0xA (Twice), 0x50 and 0x7F all can be caused by Hardware failures although Software is another cause as well. Specifically 0x50 can be caused by Memory errors and 1 of the 0xA errors cites Memory Corruption as a possible cause.
How long did you run memtest86 for?
It is best to run Memtest86 for a Minimum of 7 Passes or Overnight.

Check your CPU using Prime95 - http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

And try taking your Graphics Card out and then running the computer to see if it is stable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-intermittent-crashing-bsod.109440/
Relevancy 14.62%

since I installed the nVidia GeForce driver taken from guru d com I can t play for too long in Crysis as i get a BSOD related to nvkdlm sys or something like this or if i don t get a BSOD the game says it crashed and then I start seeing artifacts in windows another weird thing is that if I play Crysis for a while and try a different game Crysis BSOD-ing Drivers in NVidia eg GoW GRiD COD I get a BSOD in a while but if I don t enter Crysis load a level I don t have any problems I tried getting back to the latest WHQL NVidia Drivers BSOD-ing in Crysis drivers i think or the newer one but I get the same thing My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate x Specs CPU C D E stock cooled by a Zalman CNPS Mobo ASUS P N E-SLI PLUS BIOS rev RAM GB DDR PC - - - - GPU nVidia GeForce GTS the old G core one stock HDD x Seagate GB in RAID PSU Antec TP - Case Antec P x Front Intake rear Exhaust top Exhaust lower chamber PSU cooler all mm Antec tricool fans before NVidia Drivers BSOD-ing in Crysis these drivers I had no problems what so ever also I only crash when after playing Crysis DMark Vantage and CoJ DX benchmarks all other games work fine I remember there was some kind of way of totally erasing what would remain of the nVidia drivers after an uninstall besides formatting C but I forgot it and the tool I found nVidia Nasty File Remover shows me all DLLs belonging in system not only the nv ones so I m afraid of deleting any of them if anyone can tell me what to do or how they clean up leftover driver files nbsp

A:NVidia Drivers BSOD-ing in Crysis

You could try running Driver Cleaner Pro to clean up the left over files. Going into the system directory and manually deleting .dll files is typically not a good idea. If you could post the minidump to the corresponding BSOD, I'm sure someone would be able to tell you exactly what the problem is. My guess would be that it's a driver side issue but there are a number of things that could be to blame. Also, make sure that your graphics card isn't overheating as that can produce system errors as well.

Driver Cleaner Pro Download:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-drivers-bsod-ing-in-crysis.109226/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi guys, I'm looking towards you cause i search many times without answers.
I have some random BSOD with the Event ID 1003 Categorie 102 and Error code 1000008e, parameter 1 c0000005, parameter 2 bf0c0dd4, parameter 3 ba21747c, parameter 4 00000000

My Specs
Board : Dell OTP412
Dual Core CPU 2.4
2g of RAM

All drivers are up to date with SP3
Here my minidumps
Please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Thanks
Matt

A:Bsod on Dell Precision T3400

If you have an Nvidia video card, the minidumps are pointing to this device. Have you recently updated or changed something that might have started the trouble?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-dell-precision-t3400.108066/
Relevancy 15.05%

Operating System XP Pro sp GFX Card PCI-e ATI x xt Specs Dell Dimension xpsgen Hi help. startup. BSOD During related, gfx need there im looking for any advice i can get on an issue caused by my x xt Basically the other day while playing a game on my pc my computer was switched off BSOD During startup. gfx related, need help. at the mains by my m When i restarted my pc i was confronted with a looping sequence that consisted of my bios flashing windows engaging ready to load arriving at BSOD During startup. gfx related, need help. the windows boot screen and after a few seconds watching the progress bar doing its thing i can make out a blue screen of death before my PC automatically reboots and tries the whole BSOD During startup. gfx related, need help. process again and again Now i realise im only seeing the BSOD for a second due to an option in my BIOS which automatically restarts my pc whenever a critical error occurs and i can turn that off and find out what the BSOD says if requested to but im going to try see if i can resolve the problem without revisiting the BSOD I found out the gfx card was the issue after formatting my hard drive and installing a new copy of XP Everything is totally fine untill i install any driver for my card ive tried the latest catalyst and omega drivers When i install drivers for my card the loop i talked about comes back and i have to re-enter safe mode to uninstall the driver for the x xt in order to regain access to windows in normal mode the BSOD in the loop seems to happen about the time windows would normally totally load and try to access the video drivers I realise its totally possible that my card has died and there is no solution but for some reason when i connect my monitor to the card it still works just not when i install the drivers which of course are needed Edit Might be of use to know that my PC has a fresh version of xp installed with the only things added to it being my modem drivers xp sp a and sp Sunbelt Personal firewall and Firefox Im pretty sure its not any form of infection Also Windows hardware finder detects my gfx card and prompts me to install drivers for it which kind of makes me think the card is not broken i also dont have onBoard graphics and my x xt still functions fine with my monitor as long as i don t install the drivers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-during-startup-gfx-related-need-help.108932/
Relevancy 14.62%

Setup Windows Xp Sp AMD Semp GHZ GB ram Geforce GS mb Ok I m having issues and I m not quite sure what exactly is going on First issue Drivers Everytime I install the new drivers off Nvidia s website and reboot I get stuck in bit mode I can t change my display settings or anything the only way to fix this is to rollback the drivers I ve tried uninstalling my current drivers the one that came with the card and installing the new ones in safe mode No luck I ve tried Omega drivers too That just makes my screen look issue gaming, Driver Bsod while Memory and Dump, like what would happen if you were to bump a Super Nintendo or Sega and get all those pretty colors on the screen Can t even do nothing Second Issue BSOD while playing World of Warcraft This Bsod while gaming, Memory Dump, and Driver issue has happened a few times while I was playing WoW I don t have a exact quote of the error but I do know it says something about a memory dump A minute or so passes and it restarts I m assuming it s driver related but I can t get any drivers to install They are the exact drivers that I m suppose to download Not quite sure how to fix this when I m having that driver issue Maybe the card is going bad I ve had it for about year It s an AGP one Any help would be great Edit I have the bit problem on SP as well nbsp

A:Bsod while gaming, Memory Dump, and Driver issue

Test your RAM using memtest86 (Google for it). Run it on each individual stick for as long as possible (preferably overnight). Any errors will show bad RAM.
As for your video drivers, get Driver Cleaner Pro (Google again) and use it to remove all traces of the old drivers. Then try installing the new ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-while-gaming-memory-dump-and-driver-issue.108907/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello all,
My vista machine is randomly bluescreening and it appears it is only when the computer is first turned on as it is always in the morning.
I have attached the Dump file for someone to have a look at.
Specs of my machine are in my specs attached to my profile.
I think it has to do with the video card!
Thanks in advance!

A:BSOD Dump File Analyst Wanted

It's apparently an "IRQ_NO_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error. There is probably some sort of conflict with your video card or a stick of ram is bad(If you have 2x2Gb sticks it's stick two; if you have 4x1GB then it's stick three)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-dump-file-analyst-wanted.108862/
Relevancy 15.05%
Q: Bsod

I went to a customer's office and I found the following BSOD.

BCCode: 10000050
BCP1:80000005
BCP2:00000000
BCP3:80000005
BCP4:00000000
OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 256_1

C:\Docume~1\BIRING~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9947.dir00\ Min: 070108-01dmp
C:\Docume~1\BIRING~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9947.dir00\ sysdata.xml

I have looked up some of the information. It could be memory and something else, but I am not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Adam

A:Bsod

Yes: Run MemTest on your memory for a minimum of 7 passes. Any errors and you have to replace the bad stick(s). There are 8 individual tests per 1 pass. This takes significant time to run. www.memtest.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod.108757/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello Two months ago I added x gb Geil ram to my x mb Crucial ram The pc ran fine for a month but then it started randomly restarting every hours or so a especially game. in when restart/bsod, Random when playing a game A couple days later my pc was getting the BSoD even if I opened Internet Explorer and looked at a couple pages with HTML alienware Random restart/bsod, especially when in a game. site I turned off auto restart and I started getting the BSoD quot STOP x E quot I took out the x Geil sticks and still got the error I tried playing with one stick at a time and I got the BSoD with each one I ran memtest on each one for hours each and one Geil stick was faulty I searched Asus and it seems that gb geil isn t compatible with my mobo I decided to get x sticks of gb Crucial ram because it is the same brand that came with my PC I now started getting quot STOP x quot nv disp dll PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA I decided to reformat the hard drive and reinstall windows same problom after I got everything installed and tried the game It seems that the more ram I have in the more frequently the BSoD pops up I tested each stick alone in slot one for hours in memtest all passed I ran a Prime Torture test on each one alone for hours no errors I am getting many different BSoD s now It seems random which ones I get PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA PFM LIST CORRUPT DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP x E STOP x STOP x D mouclass sys It has gotten worse and worse and now the game instantly closes if its mem usage is at around K By the way when I bought my ram I used the scan that guarentees what ram is compatible with my mobo I also used the search mobo type to see what is compatible and the same ram came up This leads me to believe it isn t the ram but I am not sure I am thinking it may be Drivers I paid bucks to use a program called quot DriverAgent quot to seek out which Drivers I need I am not sure how effective it is as an Nforce driver overwrites a graphics card driver vice versa But DriverAgent only wants half of each driver It wants a gt driver for my dual gs and a different driver for my mobo I am not good with drivers so in my opinion there is a big chance it could be that Temperature is at around c always I have an open case with a fan blowing in McAfee scaned and found no viruses spyware adaware etc I have had a program up that lets be view all voltages of my PSU as I ran a torture test with Prime and it was barely off I have had two local techs try to help one didn t do much and the other tried his hardest but they were stumped Here are some mini dumps I am not very good with computer tech so I hope someone can read them for me or tell me how If you need more minidumps I can make probobly in an hour dead I have been trying to solve this problom since before Christmas I am in desperate need of help Thanks Hope you can see my sig because it has my specs nbsp

A:Random restart/bsod, especially when in a game.

Give your motherboard a visual inspection to check for signs of overheating. Look at the capacitors (upright cylinders) for signs of bulging or discolouration, especially near the CPU.
Look for pits on voltage regulators (small flat usually black blocks flat against the motherboard).
Dirt that has been blown into the memory slots.
If you find any sign of the first 2, your board should be replaced. Sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restart-bsod-especially-when-in-a-game.97288/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi Guys am a newbie to the forum and i thought i start with a hum dinger for you the random restart I m well aware you need loads of info to diagnose this issue so i ll post what specs i think you ll need then repost whatever you ask for I ve used sandra to get ll the info so it should be ok i think Proc - AMD Athlon X Dual Core Ghz Mobo - KV Lite Chipset - K T Pro Gfx - Nvidia Geforce gs Mb ddr HDD - gb Maxtor STM AS Sata Sound - Creative soundblaster X-FI Extreme OS - Xp with error updated BSOD Random Restarts, code home SP PSU - SumEvision w Ram x Gb Kingston KVR Updated all drivers This pc was a fresh install yesterday as Norton decided he wasnt going to let Random Restarts, updated with BSOD error code me use net no more so i looked at my desktop n thought quot time for a format quot as ya do fully formatted n reinstalled started to load up world of warcraft and randomly between mins and hr get buzz then a restart initially thought it was WoW but then noticed if i do anything excessive really it forces restart havin a serious head scratch wi this one and would appreciate any valuable input as to wht to try next any logs you need just gimme info how to get em and i ll repost i ve used the site for a while unregistered to analyse probs of friends etc but this one is seriously checkin the stability of my brain Thanks in advance Error code from BSOD - Stop x E xc xf b xb a bac x Mousewd sys - Address F B base at F B Date Stamp B D nbsp

A:Random Restarts, updated with BSOD error code

No replies necessary, used my brain n sorted it myself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts-updated-with-bsod-error-code.108434/
Relevancy 15.05%

I've been getting BSOD ONLY with Vista... I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on:

HD3850
X2 3800+
2GB DDR2-667
MSI K9VGM-V
380W Antec
80GB WD ATA-133

it happens randomly, too randomly to pinpoint the exact problem, so I wrote the code down:

0x00000123 stop error physical memory dump. I searched it on google and to avail a few people fixed it by over-clocking, I'm not sure if they over-clock their memory or CPU though, also I don't like over-clock, anyone wanna help me figure this out? I can give any information needed.

I'm also concerned about my CPU's voltage:

it's reading 1.27 right now which seems high concidering people with the Q6600 have around 1.27 X_X. Also what settings in the BIOS goes with RAM and CPU over-clocking?

A:BSOD problem

heres a picture of cpu-z if that helps:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-problem.106708/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello,

I have been experiencing a blue screen lately, with the following error:
0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x805461f0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)
There have been some threads earlier about that, but I've attached few minidump files if someone could take a specific look and bring some news....

If it helps with anything, I have:
Gigabyte K8U 939 mobo
AMD Athlon 3600+
2x 512mb of Corsair memory

If you're familiar with .dmps please have a look. Thank you
If you need more info just tell me what and I'll post.

A:Specific BSoD error, minidumps attached, analyzing needed

FX5700 gpu
creative 5.1 live sound

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specific-bsod-error-minidumps-attached-analyzing-needed.107578/