Windows Support Forum

ntoskrnl.exe+74200 & ntoskrnl.exe+73c40 BSOD

Q: ntoskrnl.exe+74200 & ntoskrnl.exe+73c40 BSOD

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing these BSOD errors? It started with the +74200 error about a month ago (enduser is just now informing IT) and now it is the +73c40. I've already done several Memory tests to no avail. I'm about to just
reimage but don't want to if it's just a driver issue.

Thanks
TravisD

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afea0b11-7904-4025-8dd6-c76d6cfa02d8/ntoskrnlexe74200-amp-ntoskrnlexe73c40-bsod?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ntoskrnl.exe+74200 & ntoskrnl.exe+73c40 BSOD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 90.52%

what is causing the BSOD with ntoskrnl.exe+74200

A:BSOD with ntoskrnl.exe+74200

BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385579-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-74200-a.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi,

here is the complete Crashdump (in fact 2 of them):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/48rw0fmo5an5ez0/AADQHLL6h3uIcI856MeNbXMKa?dl=0

More textual information:

Dumpfile:103115-26286-01.dmp
Crash Time: 31.10.2015 11:33:55
Bug Check String: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Bug Check Code: 0x000000f4
Parameter 1: 00000000`00000003
Parameter 2: fffffa80`07849b10
Parameter3: fffffa80`07849df0
Parameter4: fffff800`0358ff80
Caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by address: ntoskrnl.exe+74200
File Description: NT Kernel & System
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company: Microsoft Corporation
File Version: 6.1.7601.19018 (win7sp1_gdr.150928-1507)
Processor: x64
Crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+74200
Full Path: C:\Windows\Minidump\103115-26286-01.dmp
Processor Count: 6
Major Version: 15
Minor Version: 7601
Dump File Size: 274.704

I retrieved the above information using Nirsofts BlueScreenView

I'm happy to provide any additional information you might want to need.

kind regards

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3a214cba-4e66-4305-ba2f-6d9ae86beedc/random-bluescreens-criticalobjecttermination-0x000000f4-in-ntoskrnlexe74200?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey guys so I've been getting some random BSOD errors every few days or so I usually leave my computer on when I am at work or sleep and either when I come home Random BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe (address driver ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) or wake up my computer is off So I turn it on and it says that the computer didn't Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) shut down properly when I start up I downloaded the BlueScreenView and noticed I've had some BSOD three times within days One Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) was a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error which I believe was a RAM problem i bought new RAM and installed it plus OCed it to but I believe it was making my system unstable so I reset the speed to default and haven't gotten that error again but after that I've gotten two IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors related to ntoskrnl exe I did some research online and from what I read it could be a number of problems I'm just not sure where to start and could really use some guidance and advice I uploaded my dmp files for anyone who knows how to look at these Thank in advance

A:Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0)

Welcome to 7F. I'll take a look at your dumps and see if I can get you BSOD free.

One

NETGEAR NEUTRAL WIRELESS SOLUTION

Your Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution driver has been flagged. It is quite old a could probably do with updating. Check for updates here
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800034c88ac}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for scmndisp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for scmndisp.sys
Probably caused by : scmndisp.sys ( scmndisp+16d1 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> lmvm scmndisp
start end module name
fffff880`0188b000 fffff880`01895000 scmndisp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: scmndisp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys
Image name: scmndisp.sys
Timestamp: Fri May 27 11:30:22 2011 (4DDF7D3E)
CheckSum: 00009C0C
ImageSize: 0000A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Two

HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS

A few of your dumps (0x50, 0x124) are pointing towards hardware errors. 0x124s are usually always hardware errors but rarely give us an indication of what the problem actually is. In this case we may have struck lucky as this particular one shows up ASUS AI Suite III. The utilities listed below are the ones I'm concerned about.Attachment 353971

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800752d028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: AISuite3.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre
We have seen motherboard packaged utilities cause 0x124s in the past and it could be the case here.
Uninstall ASUS AI Suite III and test the system for stability.
Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use
Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note
Attachment 353972 Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Three

NVIDIA GPU

You've also received a 0x116 which is a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) which means your GPU driver has crashed and has failed to recover in time. This could be down to the driver, the card itself or possibly the power to the card.
Code:
******************************************************************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365399-random-bsod-error-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Jan , Crash Address All !! BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+80640 the Time ntoskrnl.exe ------------------------------------------- How to Solve - I've uninstalled my windows and recover my laptop with recovery DVD to it's original factory state original windows - Never installed Norton internet security again I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials now - Updated my Graphic Card Driver Intel Wifi Driver Sound Card Driver And some other drivers It's been two months now with no BSOD Thanks to dear Arc and gregrocker Thank you guys ------------------------------------------- Oct ------------------------------------------- Hi guys It's almost a year that I have problems with BSOD ntoskrnl.exe , All the Time !! Crash Address ntoskrnl.exe+80640 BSODs it use to be Atikmdag BSOD but I solve that with updating my Graphic card Driver and Changing Atikmdag sys file in Windows System folder But now it's about months that I get ntoskrnl exe BSODs in lot's of situations Web surfing Windows log on Working with Unity Working with files and Really lot's of Times Even in Safe Mode with Networking I guess it's because of my Network driver because I got BSOD in Safe Mode with Network but I never got a BSOD in normal Safe mode BTW I dunno how to solve it Please Help me these BSODs are sooooooooo annoying Here is my System Specs It's Msi GX CPU Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Main MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Bios BIOS Date Ver Memory GB HDD ST AS ATA Device Sound Card AMD High Definition Audio Device High Definition Audio Device Graphic ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series - GB GDDR OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack it's weird that I've finished writing this without a BSOD Here is the Zip file Created with SF Diagnostic Tool

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe , All the Time !! Crash Address ntoskrnl.exe+80640

Code:
fffff800`00b9cc48 fffff880`010b75fcUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
sptd+0x4b5fc
Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Alcohol 120% at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Next uninstall Virtual CloneDrive, as vclone.sys is as fatal as SPTD.sys, too.
After doing these two, report the situation back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309093-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-all-time-crash-address-ntoskrnl-exe-80640-a.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I'm getting random Blue Screens and can't figure out why. I'm not running any hardcore programs. I'm mostly just using Microsoft Office and Firefox. The BSOD's seem to happen when I'm in Outlook, Excel or Firefox. Haven't been able to determine exactly which at the time as I'm moving back and forth between them quite often.

I've tried the SFC command and it didn't find anything. I used BlueScreenViewer but not a lot of help. All drivers for sound and video have been updated. I've also updated the firmware to the Crucial M4 SSD version 040H.

Any insight would be great.

Specs:
Laptop - HP EliteBook 8560w
CPU - Intel i7-2670QM
RAM - Hynix/Hyundai 8.0 GB Ram
SSD - M4-CT256M4 SSD
Audio - AMD High Definition Audio
Video - AMD FirePro M5950
OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

A:Random BSOD Reporting ntoskrnl.exe+75c40 & ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Update the firmware of your Crucial M4-CT256M4SSD2.

And, Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and touchpad driver SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281927-random-bsod-reporting-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 93.31%

BSOD random, probably under heavy load situations. I dont know how to do.

DM log collector file attached

many thanks

A:BSOD random most times ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 and ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

Hi berdini.

Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GS_FALSE_POSITIVE_MISSING_GSFRAME
Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck F7, {fffff8800a01ff08, f8800125d135, ffff077ffeda2eca, 0}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!_report_gsfailure+26 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373211-bsod-random-most-times-ntoskrnl-exe-748c0-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi to make things easier for you dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; below is the Bug Check String Driver and crash address SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION dxgmms sys ntoskrnl exe bc MEMORY MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc NTFS FILE SYSTEM Ntfs sys ntoskrnl exe bc IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc unrelated how could I make nice table above I have searched the forum Problem BSOD randomly usually graphics related eg flash games in chrome graphics related software Mathematica Problem I use an internet usb G device to connect to internet Every morning the device will not connect to internet and computer will hang on shutting down screen when I BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys restart I have to manually turn off and back on again I think this may be a dying capacitor on motherboard that needs boot's to get excited Problem Chrome quot aw snap quot happens regularly and is usually flash content related even ad banners seem to cause it from time to time I have reinstalled chrome checked plugins etc etc no luck Internet explorer runs stable but for example in flash games it seems to momentarily freeze and then catch up BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys with itself again These are moments where I think chrome would have crashed Things I've done SFC scan All's well Memtest I did pass it took an hour everything fine Will put it on over night tonight Checked for latest drivers Also have latest BIOS Checked win update Ran Intel Burn everything ok max stress over Gb RAM run min max temp thank you Noctua NH-C P this is with quiet adaptor too lol Ran malwarebytes found nothing toxic Ran SSDlife Free health SSD seems fine Bought a new motherboard assuming that the current one is going bad I haven't switched over to it yet and thought I should investigate a little further before I do ie bad RAM CPU Power Supply SSD CPU seems fine RAM passed test but will test further My own quot opinion quot until today was that there is a fault on motherboard probably with usb hardware Now I realise that it could be the power supply but I have no way to test this bar buy a new one My analysis bad motherboard or bad PSU Either way not getting away with cheap fix methinks UPDATE I enabled verifier exe using this Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable Windows crashes just before going to desktop I had to boot last known config to get up and running again IE I CAN RELIABLY CREATE BSOD USING VERIFIER EXE WITH GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS So I am going to try focusing on drivers loaded at startup by process of elimination Is there a quick way to find out which one Below is the Check String Driver and crash address for the BSOD's when using verifier exe IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL RNDISMPX SYS RNDISMPX SYS a UPDATE If I choose or more non Microsoft drivers in verifier exe I get BSOD different check strings but always at the same address Also computer seems more unstable since engaging with verifier exe I feel I have given a thorough evaluation based on information in this forum and would appreciate feedback from those with more expertise than I UPDATE Another Memtest gave errors on pass Questions any chance poor power supply can cause this anyone have experience increasing voltage to make this go away would bad RAM explain all my problems ok fine i'll go through RAM and the slots and find the bad one sigh major sigh positively tragic sigh UPDATE Started with slot with stick of RAM Did memtest but had an idea I turned on verifier exe with all rd party drivers selected and my theory was to replicate the BSOD I got earlier at startup Went through each slot each RAM combo's of RAM and then to add insult to injury with all sticks in exactly same as before no BSOD Life is tough So maybe RAM wasn't properly seated all this time or maybe I need to test the RAM proper... Read more

A:BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys

**************UPDATE 5 ****************

The sequence of events went as follows.
RAM test 1 pass was passed. Verifier.exe caused immediate BSOD on windows start when activated. Trying to hunt down drivers revealed any combo of 3 or more drivers gave BSOD at startup. Randomly decided to recheck RAM. Failed memtest after 27 minutes pass 1. Found one RAM stick that passed after one pass slot0. Got fed up of waiting for other slot's. Devised a plan to use verifier to check the RAM by seeing which combo's of RAM sticks gave BSOD on startup. All combo's passed. And now verifier does not give BSOD on any setting. Began to hate life. Cheered myself up with prospect of sleep. Put all 16 Gb RAM in properly and ran mentest for 18 hours, 6 passes. No error. Still no verifier.exe errors when enabled. Wrote this update.

If RAM failed after 27min one test, and then after swapping around a retest of 18 hours has no error, one would presume the RAM may be ok. Equally, I believe one could say the RAM is suspect. So, if the test is failed it really doesn't tell us anything except there is a problem somewhere. But we know there is a problem since we have BSOD!!! If I hadn't rerun the test I wouldn't question the RAM.

So the question is: how do I categorically ensure that a stick of RAM is good? Is memtest on RAM with an alternative working computer enough?

In summary:

I ran memtest for 18 hours, which was 6 passes. No problems detected. Using verifier.exe with protocols given on this forum I no longer get BSOD.

Currently my hypothesis is that the RAM was never seated correctly, or given that it takes a bit of force to insert correctly into motherboard, the flexing has at least temporarily defused whatever fault was causing my BSOD. Tenuous I know. But I really have no other explanation other than something somewhere on the motherboard or power is failing, or even the RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351171-bsod-address-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-ntfs-sys.html
Relevancy 93.31%

i keep getting BSOD when playing game new graphics i dont know where to start when its comes to BSOD stuff

110414-10576-01.dmp 11/4/2014 10:48:39 PM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0af318f8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc NT Kernel & System Microsoft? Windows? Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc C:\Windows\Minidump\110414-10576-01.dmp 6 15 7600 262,144 11/4/2014 10:48:41 PM is some info i dont know what else yall need

A:0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc BSOD Error runninganygame

Please Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351242-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-4a63cc-bsod-error-runninganygame.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Got my first blue screen of death tonight had firefox opened one watching youtube video another browsing internet After bsod /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) BSOD it restarted i login but just black screen with cursor ctrl alt delete worked so i shut my computer down Boot up normally after check my minidump file bsod cause BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) by ntoskrnl exe Did little search on google find BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) has to do with ram and hard drive Downloaded wd data life guard diagnostic for my mechanic drive which is healthy but my ssd on shows failed end to end error rate value threshold worst is all in SMART statue Im not sure if i can trust this wd diagnostic on my crucial ssd there are alot of unknown in SMART statue too Theres no ssd diagnotic for crucial there is a firmware not sure if it helps So i downloaded and ran crystaldiskinfo on my ssd health statues says good it doesnt say end to end error rate like wd Instead same ID B line says quot unused reserve nand blocks quot instead Is my ssd good i havent ran a test on my ram yet This is almost month old build Asrock x x killer i k gtx w crucial x gb crucial gb ssd wd blue tb Heres info of bsod with bluescreenview Bug Check String- IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code - x a Parameter - dc a Parameter - Parameter - Parameter - fffff b Caused By Driver- ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address- ntoskrnl exe a File Description- NT Kernel amp System

A:BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40)

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367819-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-adress-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 92.45%

When I put my pc in sleep mode it often crashes: the screen goes normally in sleep mode, but the pc continues to stay awake for several minutes than BSOD & restart or BSOD & shut off.
Thanks to BlueScreenView I found what is seemingly the guilty process, but I don't know what to do now.
Attachment 315989
Thanks
Also, sorry for my bad english.

A:BSOD when goes sleep, ntoskrnl.exe+e96d2/ntoskrnl.exe+81e7a

Your HUAWEI Mobile Connect driver is causing issues here.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ew_jubusenum.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ew_jubusenum.sys
Probably caused by : ew_jubusenum.sys
If it's a necessary driver then update it but if not then please completely remove it.
I'm not that familiar with such devices but it should be under Network Adapters, right click on the device and click properties, then click on the driver tab and update.

Code:
fffff880`015e0000 fffff880`015fc000 ew_jubusenum T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: ew_jubusenum.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ew_jubusenum.sys
Image name: ew_jubusenum.sys
Timestamp: Mon Aug 20 01:55:56 2012 (50318B1C)
CheckSum: 0001CF99
ImageSize: 0001C000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330151-bsod-when-goes-sleep-ntoskrnl-exe-e96d2-ntoskrnl-exe-81e7a.html
Relevancy 90.73%

i am having this problem after i change my video cards i upgraded a 460 SLI to a 680
i have run 3dmark11 to try to replicate the bsod or something and nothing happends
i clean my hardware and change the thermal compound then i played some bf3 and paff the same bsod =(

pd: sorry for my english
i forgot to say that i have the last beta drivers from nvidia because with the WHQL i was having problems in gw2
Attachment 231326

A:BSOD playing bf3, hal.dll hal.dll+12a3b , ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+18

Welcome

For the bug check you're getting go through:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Also get a latest version of your BIOS.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Yusra\Downloads\Fayer\SF_11-09-2012\091112-23509-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03667000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038ab670
Debug session time: Wed Sep 12 06:29:05.072 2012 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:04:57.025
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80086cf028, ba000000, 400405}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : hardware

---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80086cf028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000ba000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000400405, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`030acb58 fffff800`03630a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`086cf028 00000000`ba000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`030acb60 fffff800`037f3b03 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0860b890 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0860b8e0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`030acba0 fffff800`03630700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0860b890 fffff880`030acf30 fffff880`030acf00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`030acc00 fffff800`03630052 : fffffa80`0860b890 fffff880`030acf30 fffffa80`0860b890 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`030acd50 fffff800`0362ff0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff880`030acfb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`030acd90 fffff800`03623e88 : 0000003b`5e9a7a72 fffffa80`0ae15ac8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`030acdc0 fffff800`036e4aac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`030acdf0 fffff800`036e4913 : 00000000`00000000 00000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252352-bsod-playing-bf3-hal-dll-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-18-a.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello Recently I got a few bluescreens while playing World of Warcraft which I thought was very weird because all of my hardware is pretty new Here is some info about my computer Intel i - GHZ EVGA GTX SSC super superclocked - the fans are designed not to turn on until card reaches c gb Hyper X Fury ram tb WD Black HDD Windows OS At first I noticed three bluescreens then I used EVGA Precision X with a custom aggressive fan profile and BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0 ntoskrnl.exe address the problem went away temporarily but then the computer crashed later on I'm not sure if that's relevant or not I ran a diagnostic on my harddrive and processor and both were fine The RAM seems more difficult to test because it said something about usb drives so I decied to stray away from that unless it was absolutely necessary and then get help from someone who BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0 knows what they're doing I am going to upload the dump files that were saved by bluescreenview Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION BSODs (0xf4) are usually related to an issue with the hard drive.

If you have an SSD, make sure that the firmware is upgraded.

If HDD, run SeaTools for DOS, LONG test - Hard Drive (HDD) Diagnostics - Sysnative Forums

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0-975273.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I keep getting a BSOD (Critical_Object_Termination) but have no idea what is causing the issue. I tried in vain to debug my own minidump files but ended up getting nowhere.

So far i have run MemTest over the weekend with 107 passes. I also ran Prime95 64-bit for 4 hours on each of the FFT tests without error.

I have enabled driver verifier (following the guide on this site) and this has not caused anynew BSOD's.

I also get a random BSOD on startup but it has happened so infrequently i have been unable to boot with disable automatic restart on system failure enabled to capture the stop code.

I really could do with some expert advice please.

This is my first post so i apologise if i have missed something important but i have tried to read as much info as possible before posting.

A:BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 and Ntoskrnl.exe+75c40

Unusual one you got there think it may be a windows problem please run sf tool and upload all files not just dumps and try running an sfc scan
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker option 2

Check system temperatures also

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281212-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi there,

Recently I've been getting BSOD while playing WoW. I'm not sure what details to give other than the dump so I'll just tell you about my computer:

Intel i5 4690 3.5-3.9 GHZ
EVGA GTX 970 SSC (super superclocked - the fans are designed not to turn on until card reaches 60c)
16gb Hyper X Fury ram
1tb WD Black HDD
Windows 7 OS

I noticed that I haven't crashed yet while EVGA Precision X is up (it has a custom aggressive fan curve I made). Maybe this has to do with the fact that it replaces fan drivers, or something? I don't know. I'm pretty clueless as to what's going on because all these parts are pretty new and it only recently started, but it's crashed three times today. Here are the dumps.
Any help you guys can give would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

Any ideas? It happened again while using EVGA Precision.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.1145229/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi, I've been having this BSOD appear very randomly.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a
(all reports in .rar file)

Sometimes within 1 hour, other times as long as 24hrs+. I've got my BIOS/Drivers up to date for my CPU, Graphics Card, and Motherboard. I've rigorously tested my memory and have never had any issues arise.

It has occurred during
3d gaming,
when the system has been idle,
also when browsing with firefox or ie.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I've struggled with this BSOD for years I would love to finally find whats causing it.

Thank you.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+26ee0 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Quote: Originally Posted by postal

Hi, I've been having this BSOD appear very randomly.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a
(all reports in .rar file)

Sometimes within 1 hour, other times as long as 24hrs+. I've got my BIOS/Drivers up to date for my CPU, Graphics Card, and Motherboard. I've rigorously tested my memory and have never had any issues arise.

It has occurred during
3d gaming,
when the system has been idle,
also when browsing with firefox or ie.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I've struggled with this BSOD for years I would love to finally find whats causing it.

Thank you.

First lets start with asacpi.sys yours dated 2005
1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194256-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-26ee0-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm working on my parents computer and they are randomly receiving BSODs. They tell me they usually receive them when browsing the internet and running several other programs at once. They are using a Dell Studio XPS 7100 running Windows Home Premium.

My guess is that the issue is driver related. The reason I think this is because I ran the driver verifier and it created a BSOD (this also created the last mini dump file in the attached files). The BSOD message said "A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version."

Would someone mind looking through the attached documents and letting me know if you see any problems?

A:Random BSODs ntoskrnl.exe+26ee0 & ntoskrnl.exe+5063dc

Quote: Originally Posted by RossTTU

I'm working on my parents computer and they are randomly receiving BSODs. They tell me they usually receive them when browsing the internet and running several other programs at once. They are using a Dell Studio XPS 7100 running Windows Home Premium.

My guess is that the issue is driver related. The reason I think this is because I ran the driver verifier and it created a BSOD (this also created the last mini dump file in the attached files). The BSOD message said "A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version."

Would someone mind looking through the attached documents and letting me know if you see any problems?

The verified crash was related to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\KernExplorer64.sys

I would remove Ad-aware AT LEAST TO TEST

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217564-random-bsods-ntoskrnl-exe-26ee0-ntoskrnl-exe-5063dc.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello everyone I have been having some problems with my windows I upgraded from windows about one and a half month ago I had many problems all around with multiple BSOD per week I took up the opportunity to format my HDDs and did a clean installation of windows I had some problems with BSOD at the start but I followed the instructions provided on this link DISM - Repair ntoskrnl.exe+142770 ntoskrnl.exe+142760 BAD_POOL_MEMORY AND Windows Image There was some corruption that was found and repaired I even run a memtest with passes for a grand total of errors This happened at around the rd or th of January Two weeks passed without the slightest of problems until yesterday were I BAD_POOL_MEMORY ntoskrnl.exe+142770 AND ntoskrnl.exe+142760 had a complete system freeze had to press the reset button after minutes Since I didn't get a BSOD I couldn't really research the problem to find a solution I quot ignored quot the problem Tonight I had a BSOD so I thought about asking for your help with this problem My usual routine all BSOD seemed to happen when I was doing this includes having a Mozilla Firefox open with multiple tabs open like facebook youtube mail etc skype and usually World of Warcraft Since my pc is a bit old I have overclocked the cpu to be able to handle the increased punishment The first two BSOD I had was with a default set CPU so I m not sure if this has any impact Any help would be greatly appreciated I've uploaded the logs through the tool that I found on the sticky post WARMACHINE-PC- -Jan- zip Thanks in advance

A:BAD_POOL_MEMORY ntoskrnl.exe+142770 AND ntoskrnl.exe+142760

All dumpfiles are network related mentioning of afd.sys, tcpip.sys
2 dumpfiles flagged networx.sys

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00022b382d0, ffffd00022b38228, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for networx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for networx.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+bcd )
Followup: Pool_corruption
--
Please update to the latest version of networx
Driver Description: NetWorx
Driver Update Site: http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
If this not stops the BSOD, remove/uninstall it.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37918-bad_pool_memory-ntoskrnl-exe-142770-ntoskrnl-exe-142760-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi there My machine is running VISTA Business -bit edition Yesterday when Another like NTOSKRNL-HOOK, seems season its NTOSKRNL I tried to boot my PC up it took minutes and on log-on displayed quot Configuring Windows Desktop quot and on entering I had a brand new desktop with most of my files in locations I don't know where So I started my Mcafee scan and Another NTOSKRNL-HOOK, seems like its NTOSKRNL season it Another NTOSKRNL-HOOK, seems like its NTOSKRNL season said found NTOSKRNL-HOOK Trojan not one but TWO It deleted and when I scanned again there were again After consecutive scans it goes on and the same GMER says its a rootkit infection I am attaching my DDS and Attach zip rar Another NTOSKRNL-HOOK, seems like its NTOSKRNL season here and once again thank you guys for the awesome job you are doing for everybody I really appreciate it Thanks -------------------------------------- DDS ------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Home at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Business GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee Anti-Theft McPvTray exe C Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo AntiSpyWare AntiSpyWare Guard exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Users Home AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files PIXELA ImageMixer SE Ver CameraMonitor exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo AntiSpyWare AntiSpyWareService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Windows system rundll exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server DTS Binn MsDtsSrvr exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSAS SQLSERVER OLAP bin msmdsrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLSERVER MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSRS SQLSERVER Reporting Services ReportServer bin ReportingServicesService exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLSERVER MSSQL Binn SQLAGENT EXE C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLSERVER MSSQL Binn fdlauncher exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLSERVER MSSQL Binn fdhost exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C... Read more

A:Another NTOSKRNL-HOOK, seems like its NTOSKRNL season

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

You may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please be patient with me during this time.

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/another-ntoskrnl-hook-seems-like-its-ntoskrnl-season-362470.html
Relevancy 75.25%

okay so I've been having problems with this computer since day one. and its not even a year old. I just redid my HDD casue my windows 7 just bricked out of no where couldnt get into safe mode either. so got my files and redid my pc. and now i keep getting this error. i posted the results from the diagnostics tool. i'm starting to think maybe the SSD that the os is installed on is bad or maybe my ram is bad.

A:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe/ntoskrnl.exe+75c00

Post this report:Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297357-irql_not_less_or_equal-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-75c00.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm have crashs 1-3 times a day and I'm getting a 0x19,0x1e,0x7f,0x50,0x4E,0x4E,0x3b,0a reasons for crash so can't figure out what is wrong. HP all the tell me is to restore but that is a real pain and then I don't I still don't know what is wrong.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl

Quote: Originally Posted by gjrewerts

I'm have crashs 1-3 times a day and I'm getting a 0x19,0x1e,0x7f,0x50,0x4E,0x4E,0x3b,0a reasons for crash so can't figure out what is wrong. HP all the tell me is to restore but that is a real pain and then I don't I still don't know what is wrong.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207009-bsod-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi peoples,

I pressed the power button on my laptop to automatically turn off my laptop, and when I started it I found an error message indicating a blue screen occurred during the shutdown (from the timestamp).
-OS= Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
-x64
-Windows Vista was originally installed, and then upgraded to Windows 7 through a CD
-Windows 7 was installed nearly two years ago
-CPU=Pentium Core 2 Duo T6500
-Video card = Nvidia Geforce GT130M, 1GB
-Don't know anything about mother board or power supply...
-manufactured by Acer
-model 5739G

A:BSOD from ntoskrnl.exe???

Hello cideraid,

It was indeed called for by the ntoskrnl, but that isn't the main reason for this bluescreen. The full faultcode of this one is as follows:

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8003c926d0, fffff80000b9c4d8, fffffa8003dcec60}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

The driver that caused the error should be:
NETw5s64.sys Tue Sep 15 20:40:39 2009 (4AAFEDB7)

The above driver belongs to your Intel Network card. You should visit the manufacturers site and update to a new one. Or see if Windows Update has any optional updates for this card, as it's outdated. Basicly what happened was that the OS tried to access the network card driver (via the os-kernel, which handles all of these calls), and it didn't respond and/or was unable to access it.

Another driver, that didn't cause this particular issue, that you also need to look at is the following:

adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 21:52:37 2008 (48640195)

This driver belongs to one or more Adobe applications. The driver is pre-dated to Windows 7's release, so this must be a driver that is for Windows Vista. This needs to be updated aswell, as it could cause issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-from-ntoskrnl-exe-598374.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, so i keep getting blue screens and BlueScreenView says it's to do with the Ntoskrnl.exe.
please help this has been going on for a few days now and i cant do anything too processor heavy without speeding up the BSOD :'(

==================================================
Dump File : 061513-20779-01.dmp
Crash Time : 15/06/2013 15:01:52
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x00000050
Parameter 1 : ffffb8a0`0373de58
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3 : fffff800`0339a9bc
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000007
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18113 (win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\061513-20779-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 291,488
Dump File Time : 15/06/2013 15:02:48

A:Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Please follow - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294114-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have experienced 2 BSODs about a week apart. Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if anthing else is required. Thanks.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Which version of the P6T board do you have? I had a P6T Deluxe v1 and had to upgrade to v2 in order to stop my BSOD's when I hibernated.

The first thing to do is to reset the system to factory defaults (no overclock). This will tell us if it's due to the overclock or not. The memory dumps show default as 2.67 gHz and current as 3.1 gHz.

Beyond that there's no specific cause to suspect here. The BSOD's blame memory corruption - which can be due to the overclock or to faulty drivers. Let us know if resetting the system to default fixes things. If not, then start with these free diagnostics:

Quote:
I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\080111-28844-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Mon Aug 1 02:01:36.662 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:23:04.630
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiTrimWorkingSet+c0 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: CCC.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MiTrimWorkingSet+c0
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff683`fb7ca888 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02f50bc0 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 0904
BiosReleaseDate = 11/12/2009
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2670
CurrentSpeed: 3100
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\072411-24414-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Sun Jul 24 14:30:19.632 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:01.600
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1d1 )
PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1d1
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff683`fb7f46b8 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02e8231b 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 0904
BiosReleaseDate = 11/12/2009
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2670
CurrentSpeed: 3100
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178397-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

my pc has been blue screening since i built in august please help

? OS - windows 8
? 64 bit
? What was original installed OS on system? built my pc, started with windows 7
? full retailer version
? Age of system- 6 months now
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? os, 5 months, and yes multiple times

? CPU i5 4670k
? Video Card msi gtx 650 ti boost
=? Power Supply - brand & wattage corsair 650 watt

? desktop

A:NTOSKRNL.exe BSOD?

Hi,

Can you please re-check http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html and follow the BSOD collection part?

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-792562.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Recently I have come across an issue where I get a BSOD while gaming that reads kmode exception not handled Upon some research I discovered this may be a driver related issue and that I should run driver verifier As expected another BSOD came up while running Verifier exe and I was forced to disable it via command prompt in order to boot into Windows I am unable to boot into safe mode and this initial BSOD dump files showing kmode exception not handled persists at random while playing games I have no idea how to fix it any help would be ntoskrnl.exe BSOD greatly appreciated System Specs https i gyazo com c a cb b d d cf ffb ef png of the dump files are kmode exception not handled and the other is driver verifier Dump Files http www filedropper com - - http www filedropper com - - http www filedropper com - - http www filedropper com - - nbsp SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip nbsp nbsp MB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp perfmon zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606854/ntoskrnlexe-bsod/
Relevancy 70.52%

On Sun 5/23/2010 11:47:50 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002FA590D, 0xFFFFF8800796CF20, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\052310-43727-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

I went to Windows Update and no new drivers were available.

Download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5408759/052310-32261-01.dmp

Quote: Originally Posted by iHistorical

On Sun 5/23/2010 11:47:50 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002FA590D, 0xFFFFF8800796CF20, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\052310-43727-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

I went to Windows Update and no new drivers were available.

Download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5408759/052310-32261-01.dmp

This one is obvious. Your video driver. You need to remove all traces of the current driver and then download and install a frash copy.

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sun May 23 20:34:09.186 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:05.168
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800448fa6d, fffff88008b939e0, 0}
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::DestroyAllocations+a5 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe
Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/86915-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Ive had two pretty much random BSOD where I have just been browsing the internet and the other was while I was gaming (League of Legends). I have the two dump files and all the other files that SF Diagnostics pulled.

A:BSOD, hal.dll & ntoskrnl.exe

X64_0x124_GenuineIntel :
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

This is a hardware issue just about everytime. If your overclocking stop, and revert. Clean out your system of dust, and follow the link above for the most likely solution to this problem.
IF you would like run these stress test to help diagnose and rule out the issue.
Stresstests:
Ram : RAM - Test with Memtest86+
General hardware: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 ( (Three pre-set configurations are available: Small FFTs and In-place FFTs, and Blend. Small and In-place modes primarily test the FPU and the caches of the CPU, whereas the Blend mode tests everything, including the memory.)
Graphics: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark (Do the above Graphics test only with the latest drivers, and then Run it until the temperatures stop increasing; should be less then 10 minutes. If you don't see any crazy glitches or distortion on the screen, The test most likely passed. Take note if the Temperature gets too high, or you see Visual artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to stop the test.)
Also run and upload the latest dumps, you gain from using this : Driver verifier: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Please update your specs here. : System info update : System Info - See Your System Specs
System specs page: http://www.sevenforums.com/profile.php?do=extra

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253460-bsod-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi Guys,

I have had 6 BSOD's over the last two days when I look up screen view the area of the crashes is nearly always. They only really started to occur after I updated to SP1. I updated my drivers 2 days ago and the crashes are less frequent I have attached Blu screen view txt files also. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00

Specs
WIN7 X 64
AMD Phenom ii x 4 840 3.2ghz.
4gb Kingston blu ram 1600mhz (2x2gb)
1.5 tb HDD
OEM OS with SP1 updated.

A:BSOD's in ntoskrnl

There's several possibilities here, but I notice you have avg I have seen similar behavior from avg after installing SP1 before.
If it is the cause simply removing it, and reinstalling it fresh should fix it.

Code:
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!NsiEnumerateObjectsAllParametersEx+24f )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff88008de84f0, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff880016771af, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002abb100
fffff88008de84f0

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
ndis!ndisReferenceTopMiniportByNameForNsi+ef
fffff880`016771af 88842490000000 mov byte ptr [rsp+90h],al

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88008de72d0 -- (.trap 0xfffff88008de72d0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa8004d86198
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff880016771af rsp=fffff88008de7460 rbp=0000000000000002
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
ndis!ndisReferenceTopMiniportByNameForNsi+0xef:
fffff880`016771af 88842490000000 mov byte ptr [rsp+90h],al ss:0018:fffff880`08de74f0=02
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000288b2a9 to fffff8000288bd00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`08de7188 fffff800`0288b2a9 : 00000000`0000000a fffff880`08de84f0 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`08de7190 fffff800`02889f20 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`018c5060 fffffa80`04d0d1a0 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`08de72d0 fffff880`016771af : fffffa80`04d86198 fffff800`028a6a62 00000000`80200020 00000000`00000001 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`08de7460 fffff880`01678c17 : fffffa80`044603b8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 fffffa80`04460100 : ndis!ndisReferenceTopMiniportByNameForNsi+0xef
fffff880`08de74e0 fffff880`01767aab : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`00000008 00000000`00000290 fffffa80`00000238 : ndis!ndisNsiEnumerateAllInterfaceInformation+0x1e8
fffff880`08de75d0 fffff880`04a9de29 : fffffa80`04460000 fffff8a0`00000070 fffffa80`04a0cfb0 00000000`01b0f550 : NETIO!NsiEnumerateObjectsAllParametersEx+0x24f
fffff880`08de77b0 fffff880`04a9f8e8 : fffffa80`04a0cfb0 fffffa80`04a0cee0 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04a0cf18 : nsiproxy!NsippEnumerateObjectsAllParameters+0x305
fffff880`08de79a0 fffff880`04a9f9db : fffffa80`04d80bc0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000003 : nsiproxy!NsippDispatchDeviceControl+0x70
fffff880`08de79e0 fffff800`02ba6127 : fffffa80`06639320 fffffa80`06639320 fffffa80`04a0cff8 fffffa80`04a0cee0 : nsiproxy!NsippDispatch+0x4b
fffff880`08de7a10 fffff800`02ba6986 : 00000000`01b0f3d0 00000000`0000059c 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!IopXxxControlFile+0x607
fffff880`08de7b40 fffff800`0288af93 : fffffa80`05de9060 00000000`01b0f3b8 fffff88... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179372-bsods-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I just built this PC with Windows 8 Pro but have been getting random BSODs (watchdog) that typically occur when the system has to restart after installing new software or drivers. BlueScreenView tells me that the problem files are hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe (and usbport.sys in one other dump), but I'm not sure where to proceed from here. AFAIK, these are pretty generic 133 errors that may have to do with conflicting or incompatible drivers.

A:BSOD 133 (hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe)

Bump. My system seems to be a lot more stable now, but a BSOD is guaranteed whenever I try to shut down or reboot the system, and it always involves hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/12805-bsod-133-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I've been reading most all of the messages on this board but I have not been able to find a solution to my BSOD. The lockups are very random and unexpected and I've probed the temps and voltage and things seem to be in tolerance. I was wonder if someone can read my miniDumps to see what might be the problem.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Go here and follow the instructions on testing your memory and hard drive for errors:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

...are you over-clocking? All the minidumps are the same:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
ntoskrnl.exe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.177705/
Relevancy 70.52%

Using a Lenovo Y410p laptop running Win 8.1, keep getting Driver Power State Failure BSOD, always a few minutes after awaking my laptop from sleep. Have posted my problem on 4 other forums, still waiting for a solution.

A:BSOD Win 8.1 ntoskrnl

A lot of startup items. Please disable them. Update drivers in red and disable nVidia Streaming Kernel Service within services.msc. Uninstall Daemon Tools. What devices are connected via USB?

Code:
LhdX64.sys Mon Jan 11 16:06:58 2010 (4B4B3E92)
Lenovo HD Disk Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LhdX64.sys

SCDEmu.SYS Wed Jun 15 10:29:27 2011 (4DF86D67)

SCDEmu.SYS - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 3 21:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software.[br]Also comes with iTunes
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GEARAspiWDM.sys

wsvd.sys Wed Jun 13 11:10:30 2012 (4FD85906)

wsvd.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

X5XSEx_Pr148.Sys Thu Aug 2 14:51:27 2012 (501A77CF)
Exent Technologies EXETender X5XSEx Kernel Mode Driver. Appears related to FreeRide Games
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=X5XSEx_Pr148.Sys

avgfwd6a.sys Tue Sep 4 10:31:15 2012 (5045BC53)
AVG
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgfwd6a.sys

AcpiVpc.sys Sun Feb 17 02:52:02 2013 (512037C2)
Lenovo ACPI Virtual Power Controller
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AcpiVpc.sys

SynTP.sys Sat Mar 9 00:29:46 2013 (513A746A)
Synaptic Touch Pad Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SynTP.sys

rtsuvc.sys Fri Mar 15 05:23:10 2013 (5142A22E)
Realtek UVC webcam Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rtsuvc.sys

AMPPAL.sys Thu Apr 11 11:10:48 2013 (51667E18)
Intel? Centrino? Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Virtual Adapter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AMPPAL.sys

iBtFltCoex.sys Thu Apr 18 16:17:24 2013 (51700074)
Intel Centrino Wireless (Bluetooth Adapter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iBtFltCoex.sys

usb3Hub.sys Thu May 16 09:23:06 2013 (5194895A)

usb3Hub.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

Smb_driver_Intel.sys Mon Jun 3 22:43:55 2013 (51AD000B)

Smb_driver_Intel.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

dtsoftbus01.sys Thu Jun 20 09:22:51 2013 (51C2ADCB)
Daemon Tools driver [br] Possible BSOD issues in Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dtsoftbus01.sys

avgmfx64.sys Mon Jul 1 01:28:29 2013 (51D0BF1D)
AVG Mini-Filter Resident Anti-Virus Shield
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgmfx64.sys

TeeDriverx64.sys Tue Jul 2 20:38:08 2013 (51D31E10)
Intel Management Engine Interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys

L1C63x64.sys Tue Jul 16 08:56:31 2013 (51E4EE9F)
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=L1C63x64.sys

avgloga.sys Sat Jul 20 01:33:16 2013 (51E9CCBC)
AVG Logging Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgloga.sys

avgidsha.sys Sat Jul 20 01:33:32 2013 (51E9CCCC)
AVG IDS Application Activity Monitor Helper Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgidsha.sys

btmaux.sys Mon Jul 22 16:19:46 2013 (51ED3F82)
Intel Bluetooth Auxiliary Service
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmaux.sys

iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 2 03:39:52 2013 (51FB0DE8)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

dump_iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 2 03:39:52 2013 (51FB0DE8)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorA.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=int... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61845-bsod-win-8-1-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi!

Everytime I shutdown the Laptop, computer close all programm and windows starting to shutdown and after that screen goes to black, computer still running. May be after 5-30 min will computer shutdown.
Short summary:

Computer: HP Probook 4530s

Event view and BlueScreenView shows:
Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Bug Check String: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug Check Code: 0x0000009f

I also compressed two minidump files and system information file to ZIP for more information.

A:BSOD sometimes, ntoskrnl.exe

Please post your thread here

BSOD Crashes and Debugging - Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338227-bsod-sometimes-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hmm Last Week im have no problem at my Windows 7 Ultimate,after that i keep always Get BSOD from ntoskrnl.
here's the attachment!
Attachment 197482

A:BSOD/ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
When posting a new crash dump, include all System File Collection and health reports. They contain valuable information that we can use to find the cause of the crashes.

Your Driver Verifier is enabled, this will force crashes.
Follow 'Option Two' of this tutorial and disable Driver Verifier.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Code:
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Arguments:
Arg1: 82aa933a, address of system function (system call)
Arg2: 00000000, Thread->ApcStateIndex << 8 | Previous ApcStateIndex
Arg3: 0000ffff, Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: 00000000, Previous KernelApcDisable
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
SYMBOL_NAME: nt!NtCreateSection+0
MODULE_NAME: nt
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1_VRF_SysCallNum_0_nt!NtCreateSection+0
Let us know if you get any more crashes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213281-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everyone
After reading many forums i still can't find an answer for the following problem:

My system was running perfectly until i decided to change the GPU, from a GTX 8800 to a MSI 560 Ti Hawk.

During games or video editing programs i get BSOD crashes which appear randomly. I have also attached the minidump.
The problem seems to be pointing at:
ntoskrnl.exe
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2

I have tried both to run memtest over night and also video memory test. No error here...

When i run driver verifier (start->verifier.exe) and choose the ntoskrnl.exe file, upon restart i can not boot in windows (same BSOD). I can only run system restore to log back in.

System specs:
Intel Q6600
asus mobo
4GB memory
MSI gtx 560 Ti Hawk
Thanks everyone for taking you time to help.

A:BSOD from ntoskrnl.exe

Hello,

I wonder if your PSU might be underpowering your new card. The old card demanded 105w, the new one 170. What is the make/model of your PSU?

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Debug session time: Mon Jul 18 17:46:42.670 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 23:21:47.340
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4621f )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+4621f
BiosReleaseDate = 12/14/2007
SystemProductName = Maximus Formula
Debug session time: Sun Jul 17 17:11:28.177 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:41:02.473
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!memcpy+60 )
PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_dxgkrnl!memcpy+60
Debug session time: Thu Jul 21 17:33:47.833 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:46.519
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+3c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_13c
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc4_13c_VRFK_nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+3c
Debug session time: Thu Jul 21 18:29:37.998 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:50.668
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+3c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_13c
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc4_13c_VRFK_nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+3c
Debug session time: Thu Jul 21 15:22:11.656 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 8:35:19.326
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4621f )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+4621f

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176472-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Recently i've been encountering a whole lot of (ntoskrnl.exe) - BSOD 124 blue screens At first the error I was receiving was BSOD - 124 (ntoskrnl.exe) e but I think I fixed that Now I am getting this error Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA E BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users user AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online BSOD - 124 (ntoskrnl.exe) privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt ----------------------------- According to BSOD - 124 (ntoskrnl.exe) BlueScreenViewer it was caused by ntoskrnl exe From what i understand it may have come from hardware malfunctions or something corrupt in the windows update Either way it is severly infringing on my ability to play games and basically do anything that takes up a lot of my RAM I have run multiple Memtests and found zero errors there surprisingly I do not think the problem is overheating because I keep my computer clean for the most part and I have a fan I have also done a few backups just in case I need to redownlaod windows However since I have had to get this current computer repaired or times I would like to have the least painful process and hopefully an easy way out As of right now I've had bluescreens in the past weeks or so and there's no common pattern to when it freezes All I know is that there is something wrong with my hardware or possibly a motherboard issue Any help on this would be greatly appreciated Attached below is the DMP files from my bluescreen earlier today hopefully I didn't mess anything up EDIT Here's some other crash files from event viewer Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer user-PC Description Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WMI quot Guid quot edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f quot EventSourceName quot WinMgmt quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt user-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt root CIMV lt Data gt lt Data gt SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage amp gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User LOCAL SERVICE Computer user-PC Description A fatal hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Machine Check Exception Error Type Cache Hierarchy Error Processor ID The details view of this entry contains further information Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger quot Guid quot C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Ke... Read more

A:BSOD - 124 (ntoskrnl.exe)

here's something else I found in an error event:
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2
Date: 7/4/2014 12:05:22 AM
Event ID: 257
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: user-PC
Description:
The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database. The ESENT error was: -550.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" Guid="{5bbca4a8-b209-48dc-a8c7-b23d3e5216fb}" EventSourceName="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">257</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-07-04T05:05:22.679808100Z" />
<EventRecordID>4296</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="1172" ThreadID="2200" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>user-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>-550</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336835-bsod-124-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Random occurrence of bsods have been happening most recently due to my drivers being corrupted. Can someone take a look at them to tell me what I have to update to resolve this.

A:BSOD > Please Help ntoskrnl.exe

Hi emh1989,

Download and run the 'SF_Diagnostic_Tool.exe file' as suggested in the tutorial link for better 'BSOD analysis': Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

After download, click 'Grab all' to capture the Mini-Dump, Event Logs, Update Logs, Driver List and MGDiag reports. Apart from the 'Mini dump' the information in these files is vital for investigation.

Do reply with the information; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279557-bsod-please-help-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hello I need help to solve this problem.
tried just about everything! has become a mystery to me - And I am grateful to any assist

Relevancy 70.52%

This is a machine that I built a year ago or so. Over the last 2 months, I have been getting occasional bsod and can't seem to fix the problem. They usually happen when the computer is at rest, meaning it has been idle for a while or is just playing music. When I'm gaming, or other cpu intensive tasks it never seems to crash...

I've run Memtest+ and Driver Verifier with no errors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.8GHz
MOBO: Asus P7P55D-E Pro
RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3
SOUND: Creative SB X-Fi
DISPLAY: Samsung Syncmaster 1920x1080

I would appreciate some assistance if anyone could take a look at the dump files for me. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179251-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Greetings Firstly thank you in Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD advance for any help I receive with my problems I am not exactly the most computer savvy person and these blue screens are beginning to get me worried I have attached the file created by the DM log collector as requested With regards to the BSOD I am unable to replicate exactly what causes the crash They are totally random from my pc being idle to watching video and gaming My error codes are mostly x d but I have also had x e x a and a few more However of the errors point to notoskrnl exe bc With the small amount of research my BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe tech knowledge can sustain Im in the understanding that it might be a corrupted driver somwhere so I ran SlimDrivers This came back with multiple BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe updated including pci usb chipsets and prosessor drivers Is it possible to run these updates without affecting my overclock Let me know BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe if any further information is needed Thanks again for any help Ken

A:BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe

Hi Ken,

You have dump files going back for a year, I just went through the last few and you are right about it being driver related.

We don't recommend using any driver programs since they can often give you incorrect drivers and are usually hard to get rid of what else they bring with them.

I see your display driver pointed to a couple times,

Two different versions as well,

Code:
0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`08465000 fffff880`08f4a000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jun 21 02:06:16 2013 (51C41788)
CheckSum: 00AB87FF
ImageSize: 00AE5000

Code:
start end module name
fffff880`0f403000 fffff880`1005b000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Mar 04 03:07:52 2014 (5315B408)
CheckSum: 00C20523
ImageSize: 00C58000
Try using a different driver,

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce 334.89 Driver WHQL

Do a clean install of the display driver.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Install the driver again. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:

This may help as well,

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

I also see your usb3 driver being flagged,

Code:
fffff880`0706a000 fffff880`0712f000 iusb3xhc T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iusb3xhc.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iusb3xhc.sys
Image name: iusb3xhc.sys
Timestamp: Mon May 21 00:21:40 2012 (4FB9ED04)
CheckSum: 000CA061
ImageSize: 000C5000
You can update that from here,

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=21129

Let us know how things go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331416-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello!
Having a BSOD while playing Guild Wars 2.
First minidump showed ntoskrnl.exe and then ctaud2k.sys.
Forums suggested "remove NVidia HD Audio driver" as a solution.
Did it. After a while got another BSOD. In this case the last one was ASACPI.sys, which is pretty old asus mb driver.
Strange thing is that I use this motherboard for quite a while, but BSODs are haunting me for the last days, after reinstalling Windows.
And in both minidump cases right before the last line in stack was ntoskrnl.exe. Maybe that's the reason?
Can somebody help me to solve this mystery please?
Thank you
dumps and sf info are attached

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD?

Welcome..I see no attachment?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251072-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Keep Getting ntoskrnl.exe driver causing Memory_Management BSOD

Thanks in advance

Running a Memtest and multiple errors are coming up...Will try and remove sticks until error goes away.

A:ntoskrnl.exe bsod

Quote:

Running a Memtest and multiple errors are coming up...Will try and remove sticks until error goes away.

Sounds like you've already pinpointed the issue. Let us know if you find the culprit stick(s).

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-661563.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi i have a problem with my computer that i cannot solve on my own. it started way back when i formattet it because it was getting stuffed with all kind of things, i read a little around and found out that i could read these minidumps with a program called bluescreenview, i did. i found out that the problem was ntoskrnl.exe that caused it but sometimes with other drivers, but almost all of the minidumps it seems that its caused by ntoskrnl.exe, but i cant figure this out so asking somebody to help me with this

My specs are following

Cpu: Intel core i7 920 default clock
Motherboard: Asus x58 p6t
Ram: 3 2gb ocz platinium
Gpu: Asus EAH5850 Directcu
HDD: WDD 500 gb and a 200 gb
and edimax wifi card

And i could keep uploading minidumps like these please response asap

A:Ntoskrnl.exe bsod

Quote: Originally Posted by Darksoil

Hi i have a problem with my computer that i cannot solve on my own. it started way back when i formattet it because it was getting stuffed with all kind of things, i read a little around and found out that i could read these minidumps with a program called bluescreenview, i did. i found out that the problem was ntoskrnl.exe that caused it but sometimes with other drivers, but almost all of the minidumps it seems that its caused by ntoskrnl.exe, but i cant figure this out so asking somebody to help me with this

My specs are following

Cpu: Intel core i7 920 default clock
Motherboard: Asus x58 p6t
Ram: 3 2gb ocz platinium
Gpu: Asus EAH5850 Directcu
HDD: WDD 500 gb and a 200 gb
and edimax wifi card

And i could keep uploading minidumps like these please response asap

Memory corruption probably caused by a driver. please run these two tests

1-Memtest. Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179162-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been receiving BSOD's for a while now. I went ahead and uninstalled Panda Security (one BSOD pointed to it) and all of the files along with it . Ran memtest86 and on the 9th pass it had one error. Does that mean it's a faulty module? Can you guys see if there's anything else I should be doing? I really appreciate the help.

Thanks
Andrew

A:ntoskrnl.exe bsod

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c83945, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c9cf5c, fffff880009a99d8, fffff880009a9230}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmZeroPageThread+883 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002c88dc5, fffff880027fc9e0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0 )

---------
Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

It it does not show any error, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.
HP OEM on Asus

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367488-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

So I've had this BSoD three times while playing on a game (Squad). These all occurred randomly within games and the Error calls itself 'page fault in nonpaged area'. Upon checking the dmp file with BluescreenViewer it highlights the ntoskrnl.exe. Could anyone take a look at the dmp and tell me what is causing the problem and if there are any fixes?

Many thanks.

A:BSoD ntoskrnl.exe

Dump 1: hssdrv6.sys - Hotspot Shield? Routing Driver and developed by AnchorFree Inc.
Dump 2: dxgkrnl.sys - Microsoft, something else is causing the problem
Dump 3: FLTMGR.sys - Microsoft, something else is causing the problem
Dump 4: EasyAntiCheat.sys - steam game
Dump 5: EasyAntiCheat.sys - steam game

The last two are caused by the game. Try uninstalling it then reinstall.

You have a lot of Steam games. You should uninstall any you no longer use. Ditto for non-Steam games.

Noticed you are still at version 10240 which is very back level. 10586 is the current version.
You should apply all Windows Updates and see if that helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43347-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I came across a BSOD randomly about a month ago and didn't think to ntoskrnl.exe BSOD associated much of it i still BSOD ntoskrnl.exe associated was able to do everything that i did before after the initial BSOD After a while however they became more and more frequent I started trying to debug the problem using verifier exe whocrashed and BSOD ntoskrnl.exe associated other program's to try and find a cause of the BSOD After using this software I found some clue to what the problem might be Here's the most recent Who Crashed report On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code xE xFFFFF x xFFFFFA B xFFFFFA B Error WORKER THREAD RETURNED AT BAD IRQL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a worker thread completed and returned with IRQL at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code xE xFFFFF x xFFFFFA B xFFFFFA B Error WORKER THREAD RETURNED AT BAD IRQL Bug check description This indicates that a worker thread completed and returned with IRQL at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time Im about out of idea's because the verifier exe seems to be stopping the system from BSOD in the usual spot's like starting Diablo and clicking on my Fantasy live cast for my ESPN fantasy football If you guys could help that would be great Thanks CAP

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe associated

Sorry i didn't the tool finish so not all my information was in the file... Here is an updated zipped folder with another BSOD Dump file inside. Hope you can help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266672-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-associated.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi!

I get seemingly random BSOD. Of course All i get is good old ntoskrnl.exe is what crashed in "whocrashed". Which doesn't tell me much.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64 Ultimate
- What is the age of system (hardware)? March last year
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Ah 2 months? lulz

I have tried uninstalling Comodo. Updated Sata controller drivers. Updated Nvidia drivers. Thats all I could think of that might be causing problems...

theres the request info
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/643924/Public.zip

Thanks for any help!

A:Another BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Quote: Originally Posted by miketowninc

Hi!

I get seemingly random BSOD. Of course All i get is good old ntoskrnl.exe is what crashed in "whocrashed". Which doesn't tell me much.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64 Ultimate
- What is the age of system (hardware)? March last year
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Ah 2 months? lulz

I have tried uninstalling Comodo. Updated Sata controller drivers. Updated Nvidia drivers. Thats all I could think of that might be causing problems...

theres the request info
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/643924/Public.zip

Thanks for any help!

These were caused by your VSS (volsnap.sys) which is part of your win 7 OS. Since your system uptime is about the same I would think that maybe every time a backup (or restore point) kicked off it BSOD

System Uptime

Code:
System Uptime: 0 days 15:35:45.016
System Uptime: 0 days 10:38:16.176
System Uptime: 0 days 1:12:51.958
To remedy this I would first run a system file check by typing cmd in search. Then right click and run as administrator. Finally type SFC /SCANNOW (note the space between the sfc and the "/")

Let us know if you need any further assistance

Jan

Code:
Debug session time: Mon Jul 19 22:23:36.003 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 15:35:45.016
BugCheck A, {ffffbe801b560cb8, 2, 0, fffff80003059f16}
Probably caused by : volsnap.sys ( volsnap!VspFreeIrp+2b )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon Jul 19 06:46:33.339 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:38:16.176
BugCheck A, {ffffbe801b1e0cb8, 2, 0, fffff80003008f16}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Sun Jul 18 16:26:49.555 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:12:51.958
BugCheck A, {ffffbe801b568cb8, 2, 0, fffff8000301ff16}

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98620-another-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been BSoD ntoskrnl getting multiple BSoD on windows since the released BSoD ntoskrnl version came out had little to no issue with tech previews Here are BSoD ntoskrnl the steps I did to try and solve my issues sfc scannow dism dism online cleanup-image restorehealth updated drivers manually memtest tried one stick of memory at a time in different ports ran Driver Verifier contacted microsoft o help from them now here's what pisses me off reinstalled windows wiped hard drive started from scratch and I am still getting the errors at this point I have no clue what's wrong any thoughts Edit forgot to add this info Is the OS is full retail version Approximate age of system hardware everything is custom built I'd say the oldest parts are up to years newest a year Approximate age of OS installation if you know Have you re-installed the OS yes CPU fx Video Card r MotherBoard if NOT a laptop ASrock performance Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop corsair GS Laptop or Desktop desktop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-1044305.html
Relevancy 70.52%

ok everyone this is one that I can not figure out for the past few days I ve been receiving these BSOD and I haven t done ANYTHING to the configuration to my computer No hardware changes no software changes Nothing I downloaded a program called BluescreenView to try and look at the minidump files but alas it doesn t make sense to BSOD ntoskrnl.exe?? me I am noticing a faded red line over the file Ntoskrnl exe on each of the dumps at the top but I am not sure how to fix it Each time I get a blue screen its either when the computer is at idle and we re not even on it or we are just searching the web facebook youtube nothing to serious for the computer at all My computer specs are OS NameMicrosoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS DescriptionNot Available OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation System NameCHRIS-PC System ManufacturerSystem manufacturer System ModelSystem Product Name System Typex -based PC ProcessorAMD Phenom tm II X BSOD ntoskrnl.exe?? Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version DateAmerican Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows BSOD ntoskrnl.exe?? DirectoryC Windows System DirectoryC Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume LocaleUnited States Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion quot quot User NameChris-PC Chris Time ZoneMountain Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Corsair xms x gb Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page FileC pagefile sys and my minidumps are attatched please help nbsp

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe??

Hi Chris, I'm in the mountain time zone too. You might want to test the memory using Memtest86:
http://www.memtest.org/

Create a boot .iso DVD and run the memory for at least 7 passes. Any errors are not good, and you may want to test each module separately

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.180470/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
For some time I've been having problems with BSOD's from time to time. It appeared once a week or so what was quite acceptable. Unfortunately nowadays I bought myself a new SSD drive, reinstalled Win7 and since that blue screens seem to happen more and more often. I've updated system files using windows update, updated drivers using Slim Drivers, updated BIOS, run memtest without an error, all with no result.

All the BS's are connected with ntoskrnl.exe.

OS - Windows 7 x64 box reinstalled this week
age of hardware: from about 5 years (cpu) to quite new (SSD)

desktop
pentium dual core 2.0 @ 2.9 (overclocked 99% of life)
MSI g41M
4 GB Ram DDR3
Sapphire Radeon 5670
SSD Adata 128 GB
Seagate USB 2.0 160 GB HDD
Modecom 350W

Help will be really appreciated.

A:BSOD (ntoskrnl) - please help

Hi,

I'm not even going to bother to look at the dumps until you do two things (and this is not because I am being rude or lazy, but because it's essentially worthless to do so for these two reasons):

Quote:

pentium dual core 2.0 @ 2.9 (overclocked 99% of life)

^^ Set the system to defaults for now and for troubleshooting purposes. If your overclock was not a contribution to the crashes, you can put it right back at the end. As of right now though, an overclock is quite a possibility. Also, you've had it for 5 yrs and it's been overclocked for almost all of that time, very likely on its way out which we'll find out after a CMOS clear for defaults.

Quote:

I bought myself a new SSD drive

Update the firmware of the SSD to the latest version if not already.

If you still crash after both of the above, especially #1, we'll get to work.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-please-help-806001.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have had this issue for months and it seems to be completely random. the last BSOD (and the .dmp i'll give you) was when I started the computer. I USUALLY get BSODs when my computer hangs on shutdown. Howveer, I usually do a hard-reset when this happens and I get no errors at all. This is completely random, so it's not like I can recreate the BSOD or anything.

I've come to this forum before and i've had everything solved except my ntoskrnl.exe issues.

All hardware was tested fine and i've tried un-installing drivers that may have been the problem with no success.

I am heading to class right now and will be back to check responses. For now, here is my .dmp:

A:[BSOD] ntoskrnl.exe

It is much easier to find patterns, etc, when there are more than one crash.

We prefer you wait until you have at least two so that if one is corrupt the other probably wont be.
This one Related to netr28ux.sys 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver from Ralink Technology Corp. Re-install newest

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217995-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hey,

I just installed Windows Ultimate 64bit on my PC.
But from time to time I got a BSOD, this is a new fresh/clean install.
The only thing I have done is updating drivers and windows updates.

I do have one windows update that won't install: KB2621440 code 800B0100

Thanks in advance.

Zyon1989

A:BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe

Update:

I uninstalled Daemon Tools, and run some tests:

Memtest86: I tested my 2 rams separately both in the 2 slots they were located, all passed up to 9 tests without any errors
SFC/ Scannow: no errors, all fine
Shckdsk: in step 4 it replaced 2 files: replaced bad clusters in file ...
Prime95: could not start the blend test, hardware error occurred

So now im posting the new files from the diagnostic here, if anything changed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248091-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been getting at least one BSOD every day for the past few months and only recently has it gotten really bad. I can barely do anything when i turn on my PC before it crashes. I have the log from dm log collector here. if you need anymore information please ask.

Specs:
intel i3 3790
Sapphire radeon 7850 2gb
8g Gskill ripjaws RAM
GIGABYTE: Z87M-D3H
Corsair cx 500 watt power supply
Windows 7 hoem premium 64 bit

Test your HDD using Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows. Take both the short test and the extended test. Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8008f34b30, fffffa8008f34e10, fffff800031c1940}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369117-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everybody!

During the past weeks I seem to be getting at least one BSOD per day related to ntoskrnl.exe (Almost all of them while gaming). I tried to debug it myself using windbg and bluescreenview but maybe I was doing something wrong as I can't pinpoint what is causing the system to BSOD.
I have attached the output from the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app as described in one of the tutorial threads.
Additionally, I let memtest run over night but no errors were found.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Please let me know if you need more information to help me solve this.

Below are my system specs:
OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate // Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.3 GHz ( 43 x 100)
MB: p8p67 Pro (1606 Bios)
RAM: 8GB (4 x 2GB Kingston)
GPU: GTX 460 1GB

A:BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe)

Welcome to Seven Forums.

The dump files point to:
STOP 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory
The listed cause is memory_corruption.

Run memtest86+, leave all the RAM cards installed and run it for a full 7 passes, this will take several hours, best to run it overnight.
If you get any errors, you can stop the test,

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80003407f9c, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800c191f10, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+20c
fffff800`03407f9c 8c10 mov word ptr [rax],ss
CONTEXT: fffff8800c191f10 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800c191f10)
rax=00000000000002a0 rbx=fffffa800a99b7d0 rcx=0000000000001d10
rdx=fffff880009cf180 rsi=0000000000000002 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80003407f9c rsp=fffff8800c1928f8 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=000000000000e880 r9=0000000000000080 r10=fffff8000325c000
r11=00000000000005d0 r12=0000000000000008 r13=fffffa800a99b7e0
r14=0000000000000000 r15=fffff80003463340
iopl=2 nv up di pl zr na pe cy
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00016143
nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x20c:
fffff800`03407f9c 8c10 mov word ptr [rax],ss ds:002b:00000000`000002a0=????????
Resetting default scope
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: APB.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff80003407f9c
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0c1928f8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x20c

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
fffff80003407f9b - nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+20b
[ 8d:9d ]
1 error : !nt (fffff80003407f9b)
MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: ONE_BIT
STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800c191f10 ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
Followup: memory_corruption
---------

STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS
This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

Code:

Event[2163]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 2011-05-25T22:41:37.000
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: YVES
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff6f450096228, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8000327c31b, 0x0000000000000005). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 052511-23150-01.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166180-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

A few days ago i bought a PC, it begun to crash so i reinstalled OS but the BSODs continues. I updated drivers and tried to fix the problem without result.
After days "moving things up and down" the current status of the PC are the three last Minidumps.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, your installation is clearly counterfeit, you seem to have a retail Gigabyte motherboard with Acer/Gateway/Packard Bell OEM_SLP, please format and install with a genuine installation key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299096-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Been having some problems since i put my new computer together saturday, random BSOD can happen at any point basicly.

The bugchecks ive been given has been the 124 and the 19 one in the last 2 , windows 7 has been reinstalled 3 times since this also.

Attaching my minidumps in a rar file.

A:Ntoskrnl BSOD

Welcome!

I see two possible causes. The first is bad RAM. Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using ImgBurn. Boot from the CD, and run at least 5 passes.

The second is your graphics card driver atipmdag.sys. I suggest updating your video card drivers, or uninstalling them and see what happens.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\033010-21824-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02850000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02a8de50
Debug session time: Mon Mar 29 18:33:24.661 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 22:00:27.378
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {22, fffff8a000d12000, 1, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atipmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atipmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atipmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atipmdag.sys ( atipmdag+277a8 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000022,
Arg2: fffff8a000d12000
Arg3: 0000000000000001
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_22

POOL_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002af80e0
fffff8a000d12000

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002919330 to fffff800028c1f00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`031cb288 fffff800`02919330 : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000022 fffff8a0`00d12000 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`031cb290 fffff800`029f5518 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`031cb3e0 fffff880`031cb350 fffff8a0`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x7338
fffff880`031cb320 fffff880`048507a8 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04a6f000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`00000001 : nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x468
fffff880`031cb3d0 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`04a6f000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`00000001 00000000`00000002 : atipmdag+0x277a8
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atipmdag+277a8
fffff880`048507a8 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: atipmdag+277a8

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atipmdag

IMAGE_NAM... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/74895-ntoskrnl-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I have recently been getting a huge load of BSODs off / ntoskrnl.exe hal.dll BSOD my recently bought laptop around - months ago which is an ASUS G Sw D I can only understand that the causes are hal dll and something else that i'm not quite sure of Regardless I have no idea how to fix this Please do help Below are the specs of my laptop and below that are the blue screen details that I've gotten off Blue Screen Viewer Please Help I've ran both Memtest and Prime CPU Stress Test with the following results Memtest hour test with passes Prime CPU Stress Test hovering around - c degrees for a few hours with No errors It did BSOD though towards the end of it but BSOD hal.dll / ntoskrnl.exe unlikely the cause PS perfmon fails to generate a report giving me an error that says quot An error occured while attempting to generate the report The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out quot Laptop ASUS G Sw D Intel Core i BSOD hal.dll / ntoskrnl.exe QM Ghz upto ghz Turbo Boost MB L Cache Win Home Premium GB DDR Ram NVIDIA GTX M GB GB SATA krpm Bluray DVD Combo Atheros Wireless Card Realtek LAN Card etc Attached are the details of the BSOD taken via BlueScreenViewer SFC output sfc test and output zipped dumpfiles using Windows NT BSOD v jcgriff Please please please Help

A:BSOD hal.dll / ntoskrnl.exe

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

Only running the last 2 days of memory dumps (10 dumps total) to see if a pattern is present. The upload has 50 memory dumps dating from 17 Sep to the present.

MSINFO32 shows 24 STOP 0x124 errors and 4 STOP 0x1E errors (these 4 blame the video dr4ivers)

The last 10 memory dumps are all STOP 0x124 errors - usually indicating a hardware problem. BUT, this can also be a compatibility issue, an issue with low-level drivers, or even malware caused.

I would first wonder about your Trend Titanium protection - and if it may have become corrupted. To check this, please do the following:

Quote:

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the antivirus software from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of the antivirus software using one of these free tools: Antivirus Uninstallers
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

After that, I'd wonder about your chipset drivers. You can update them from the Asus download page for your system.

Beyond that, I'd have to suspect hardware problems. If the above doesn't fix the problems, then please try these free diagnostic/stress tests for your system. Feel free to skip the MemTest and Primt95 since you've run them already.:

Quote:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

Then, if the above tests pass, I'd try these free stress tests:

Quote:

FurMark download site: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90?C. Then watch the system from that point on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave it it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!
If the temperature gets above 100?C, quit the test - the video card is overheating.
- Click "Quit" to exit

Quote:

Prime95 download site: Free Software - GIMPS
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight please run the "Small FFTs" test instead. (run all 3 if you find a problem and note how long it takes to error out with each)
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe-612378.html
Relevancy 70.52%

BSOD ntoskrnl exe Hi all I have BSOD ntoskrnl.exe been getting BSOD every once in a while and after starting laptop HP pavilion dv Notebook pc Home premium Windows amd phenom tm II p quad -core processor ghz BSOD ntoskrnl.exe gb gb usable bit Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP FFFFF C BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US http sdrv ms RphzbZ Those are dump files that have occured over time Who Crashed report Crash Dump BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code x xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFA x xFFFFF EBECE x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code x xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFA x xFFFFF EBECE x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Wed PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code x xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE x xFFFFF A x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Fri PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code x xFFFFF C x xFFFFF C x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x F C Bugcheck code x xFFFFF C x xFFFFF C x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash to... Read more

Hello,

Take a look at the following link and enable Driver verifier. Also follow the BSOD posting instructions and include the requested reports.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17944.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e51000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03095670
Debug session time: Wed Nov 21 11:05:19.464 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:37:44.462
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpQueryNameString+51 )
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffffffffe8, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff800031a3851, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)
MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
Built by: 7601.17944.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e52000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03096670
Debug session time: Fri Nov 2 09:51:54.523 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:48.505
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+437c1 )
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff800c0000010, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff800c0000010, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)
MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5
PROCESS_NAME: TrueCrypt.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 1
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e4c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03090670
Debug session time: Tue Oct 9 09:41:26.466 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:16.448
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+43d51 )
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff800c0000010, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff800c0000010, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)
MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5
PROCESS_NAME: TrueCrypt.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 1

Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserT... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-679476.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hiya, I've been getting this annoying BSoD everytime I play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3. It says it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

There's a workaround; If I uninstall my Audio Drivers and reboot and then start Battlefield, I can play until I close the game. If I start it again after that, I can only play for like 30-45 Minutes and then I get a BSoD.

It also only happens with Multiplayer. I've tried different Drivers.

It's RealTek On-Board.

I've uploaded the Dump file in a .rar archive, I'd really appreciate any kind of help!

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSoD(BF:BC2/BF3)

Just tried running with the Driver Verifier, and it gives me a BSoD when I try to reboot, it works if I enter failsafe mode, though.

I've uploaded a new Dump file with this reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-bf-bc2-bf3-611266.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I'm following this forum for a while and BSOD ntoskrnl.exe was seeking for solutions for my problem Somehow i've tryied verifier and worked but today i have experienced another BSODS Again But it happens when i'm playing Guild Wars Happened to me like or times when i was playing and when the pc reboots sometimes it appear again the BSOD with this ntoskrnl exe I already opened up my pc and cleaned swap Mem Ram cleaned the Graphics Card and started to happen again I've used the program called Whocrashed for infos System Information local -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- computer name AQUASH-PC windows version Windows build windows dir C Windows CPU AuthenticAMD AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD level BSOD ntoskrnl.exe logical processors active mask RAM total VM free and the BSOD Crash Dump Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Mon GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code x xFFFFF B FA x xFFFFF B FA x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time -------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Mon GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code x xFFFFF B FA x xFFFFF B FA x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time -------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Mon GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code xA xFFFFFA x x xFFFFF EAE Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time That's the three last BSODS i've experienced I used that program from jcgriff and attached the zip file just to more infos BTW my Graphic Card are full updated i checked on mother board website and there was no update too Thanks for any help you guys can give to me and if there is anything missing please tell me

Your crash reports indicate a possible problem with your Windows installation. Please download and run the MGA Diag Tool. When it finishes, hit the copy button, and paste in your next post with [code]<MGADiag info>[/code] surrounding the MGADiag info.

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-679200.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I have windows and run into several BSOD I did not bother to do anything until now but it's starting to get extremely annoying because it happens of the time during playing League of Legends Here is a screenshot of the most recent dumpfiles Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet As you can see most of them are related to ntoskrnl exe but there are also more and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD: a few others I tried to update my drivers but I'm afraid some updates might have failed I forgot some but I do not know which Everything else has been running smoothly so far and I hope that my hardware is working which should be the case since I built the pc month ago and did not encounter any problems The bsod appera most often right after I loaded when the game is about to start or sometimes BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe and more randomly during the game When I run other OBS in the background it occurs more frequently but this is just based on my feeling and I did not count the frequency The BSOD tend to appear after having the computer BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe and more running for minutes and usually not in the first game but rather the nd or rd Thank you very much for your help and tell me if I can run another program screen to help you guys out with information

A:BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe and more

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39939-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-more.html
Relevancy 70.52%

This has happened several times on Win7 Pro. Notice that I am running two machines and the other ntoskrnl.exe file is dated in May while the machine in trouble is dated in March. I have attached several files.

Hello cyclone3211.

A stop 0x9F caused by the realtek network driver is rare. Please let me understand one thing? Your onboard connection is Marvell Yukon, and you are using Realtek? Is it a card?

Anyway, the driver is kinda backdated.

Code:
fffff880`0547e000 fffff880`05545000 Rt64win7 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Rt64win7.sys
Image path: Rt64win7.sys
Image name: Rt64win7.sys
Timestamp: Wed Dec 26 22:47:50 2012 (50DB313E)
CheckSum: 000CDEEE
ImageSize: 000C7000
Update it from Realtek

Also, uninstall SeriousBit NetBalancer Internet traffic control (nbdrv.sys) and Networx, at least as a try.

Moreover, it appears to be a desktop computer. So you can disable Sleep and hibernate. It will also help you to get rid of your issue.

Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007ae4a10, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800ccebcf0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Probably caused by : Rt64win7.sys

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8007ae4a10, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c518, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800ccebcf0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa800869b050

DRIVER_OBJECT: fffffa800869f800

IMAGE_NAME: Rt64win7.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 50db313e

MODULE_NAME: Rt64win7

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff8800547e000 Rt64win7

IRP_ADDRESS: fffffa800ccebcf0

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

TAG_NOT_DEFINED_c000000f: FFFFF80000BA2FB0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c4c8 fffff800`0494d8c2 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`07ae4a10 fffff800`00b9c518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c4d0 fffff800`048e884c : fffff800`00b9c600 fffff800`00b9c600 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x33af0
fffff800`00b9c570 fffff800`048e86e6 : fffff800`04a8df20 00000000`000683b2 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x6c
fffff800`00b9c5e0 fffff800`048e85ce : 0000000f`88187094 fffff800`00b9cc58 00000000`000683b2 fffff800`04a5c8c8 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`00b9cc30 fffff800`048e83b7 : 00000004`ddd28fc1 00000004`000683b2 00000004`ddd28f17 00000000`000000b2 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`00b9ccd0 fffff800`048d590a : fffff800`04a58e80 fffff800`04a66cc0 00000000`00000002 fffff880`00000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277
fffff800`00b9cd80 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`00b9d000 fffff800`00b97000 fffff800`00b9... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299413-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I would need some help about the analysis of a random BsoD It is TOTALLY random on BSOD (Mostly) ntoskrnl.exe a fresh Windows installation In the following is attached the report from the utility quot whocrashed quot which just does a recap of all the dmp files I have no idea on how to analyze it Any suggestion It seems like of the (Mostly) ntoskrnl.exe BSOD crashes are caused by quot ntoskrnl exe quot It might be a RAM issue I have run Memtest flawless runs My OS is Win Home and the RAMs are running at the correct voltage Thanks a lot in advance for your help Quote On Sun your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module atikmpag sys Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF EDE xFFFFF F x Error SYSTEM SERVICE (Mostly) ntoskrnl.exe BSOD EXCEPTION Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C (Mostly) ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Windows system drivers atikmpag sys product AMD driver company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver On Tue your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x xFFFFDA x xFFFFF F D E x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Tue your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x xFFFFD A F x xFFFFF FA F x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Sat your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x xFFFFB C EAF x xFFFFF A C x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Sat your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code xA xFFFFBA x x xFFFFF A Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Tue your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code xA xFFFFBA D CDF x x xFFFFF B A F Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Tue your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x xFFFFBA DE CC x xFFFFF AEFCF x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation descri... Read more

A:(Mostly) ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Please follow these directions: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98277-mostly-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

My boss is using a computer for video editing with Premiere Pro CS for creation of commercials promo videos etc For the past few days he's been getting BSODs and all are pointing to ntoskrnl exe but that's just a general error from what I can tell It's not just during video editing either I tried reinstalling video card drivers because he reported an anomoly with it and when I went to use the check with ntoskrnl.exe BSOD for updates in the nvidia control panel it gave me an error so I did a clean install of the drivers It still BSOD'd once yesterday and BSOD with ntoskrnl.exe then this morning when I came in it had BSOD'd right before I got here and all it was doing overnight was uploading to an FTP I've got windows memory diagnostic running on it at the moment The standard test didnt reveal anything so I'm doing the extended From my initial searches though ntoskrnl exe is more of a software issue than hardware Please help I'm not sure what else to do from here EDIT I also ran sfc scannow but everything said it was okay

A:BSOD with ntoskrnl.exe

I would guess it's a problem related to your SSD-disk, try updating the firmware for it.

Edit: Also update the drivers for your Marvell disk controllers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247192-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Ultimate SP x It should be noted that I've had multiple blue screens some ntoskrnl.exe BSOD, of which had different error messages It came to the point where I had to format quite often but that clearly does not fix the problem BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe It also seemed that for awhile at least disabling Windows Update caused me to get less blue screens Bug check string IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL OS - Windows What was original installed OS on system Windows Professional I get the same BSOD when using this OS Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM Age of system hardware Roughly years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Less than a month CPU Intel i GHz GHz Video Card Nvidia GeForce GTX MotherBoard Gigabyte EX -UD R Power Supply - brand amp wattage Cooler Master W System Manufacturer N A Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom N A

A:BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe

Got two new blue screens within 3 minutes of one another.

Bug Check Strings so far:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Added updated attachments.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-608300.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hi all,

i am having random bsod and i always come across ntoskrnl.exe and others like hal.dll. but all the bsod have bugCheck code: 0x101. i am attaching the file of the bsod as instructed in the posting of bsod section.

Also, sometimes, my computer just freezes and comes back to life after 2-4 mintues and the event manager shows event id 7036. its normally application experience that freezes the come, but comes back to life, and sometimes i have to hard reboot the comp.

pls be kind enough to suggest and have a look at my zip files

A:BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe and others

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223474-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-others.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hopefully i provide enough information required ;((

A:BSOD on ntoskrnl.exe

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8006a25a10, fffff80004c203d8, fffffa800cca3010}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : pci.sys

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Irp is active with 4 stacks 2 is current (= 0xfffffa800cca3128)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8006a21e40 00000000 fffff88005b74c74-fffffa800aef8010 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\ACPI nvlddmkm
Args: 00000000 00000001 00000001 00000000
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa80097a3040 00000000 00000000-00000000 pending
\Driver\nvlddmkm
Args: 00000000 00000001 00000001 00000000
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa8008cf4c40

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device object (fffffa80097a3040) is for:
InfoMask field not found for _OBJECT_HEADER at fffffa80097a3010
\Driver\nvlddmkm DriverObject fffffa80096841c0
Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000023 Flags 00002004
DevExt fffffa80097a3190 DevObjExt fffffa80097a3b48
ExtensionFlags (0x00000800) DOE_DEFAULT_SD_PRESENT
Characteristics (0x00000100) FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN
AttachedTo (Lower) fffffa8006a21e40 \Driver\ACPI
Device queue is not busy.
Disablr PCIe link stat power management.
PCIe Link State Power Management - Turn On or Off in Windows

Now put the computer to sleep for some times and report us back if it is any more BSODs there or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296074-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello Windows Ultimate x Retail Custom built in ' Moderate knowledge of technology mainly hardware I get technical BSOD's as I get minidumps but really my computer 'jolts' horizontal red and blue and white and black lines and then restarts This has been happening for a while and this is what I Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD have done thus far MemTest chkdsk f r I believe the f Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD is useless in that command but I use it anyway Replaced the mobo cpu gpu and psu BlueScreenView keeps telling me the main fault is ntoskrnl exe and I have also performed 'sfc scannow' with the result of quot found an error but can't correct it quot I'm not even going to bother submit any of my opinions on what it is or could be because I have tried everything to the best of my knowledge But I will let you know that it starts out one crash a day then a day then an hour If you would like updated minidumps they can be found Here The current set is in the attachments Any help would be very appreciated Thank you -Scott

A:Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

What are the results of MemTest 86+? Any errors? You should do at least 7 passes

Quote:
'sfc /scannow' with the result of "found an error but can't correct it"

This suggest system corruption, do a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/175968-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I've been getting this BOSD error atlease once a day =(

Can you please let me know if it a driver that I need to uninstall, or mabey a ram is bad ?

I will appreciate this so much !

thank you in advanced

I've attached the DMP files I've got (almost one a day)

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/45152-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I reformatted my computer yesterday but today after everything was complete I ran a scan of Hitman Pro I know im not BSOD ntoskrnl.exe infected I just use it everynight before I shut down my pc and before it ended I got a BSOD I used the application whocrashed and it gave more info On Fri AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x xFFFFF A x xFFFFF ECE FB x Error PAGE FAULT BSOD ntoskrnl.exe IN NONPAGED BSOD ntoskrnl.exe AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been BSOD ntoskrnl.exe referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time I also attached the DMP file as well I would apprieciate it if anyone can assist me to this error Edit I cant attach the DMP file

I know this is probably a dumb question, but a format implies a complete reinstall of Windows (7?). Most motherboard drivers are picked up by the installer, but a few, like video, audio, and the NIC drivers have to be loaded separately. Did they get installed?.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514105/bsod-ntoskrnlexe/
Relevancy 70.52%

I've been getting this BOSD error atlease once a day =(

Can you please let me know if it a driver that I need to uninstall, or mabey a ram is bad ?

I will appreciate this so much !

thank you in advanced

I've attached the DMP files I've got (almost one a day)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/393678-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

HI!

os age: 1 day
prev os: same

i tried lots of things.
cleaning machine, unplug hw elements, update network, sound, mobo
reinstall OS

its started about 4-5 weeks ago, after build in a new harddisk, but it works prefectly. When i disconnected it, the BSOD cant stop!
memtest, stresstest runed w/o fail!

Any idea?

A:BSOD 124 hal.dll ntoskrnl.exe

Quote: Originally Posted by moonster

HI!

os age: 1 day
prev os: same

i tried lots of things.
cleaning machine, unplug hw elements, update network, sound, mobo
reinstall OS

its started about 4-5 weeks ago, after build in a new harddisk, but it works prefectly. When i disconnected it, the BSOD cant stop!
memtest, stresstest runed w/o fail!

Any idea?

All of these (and they are virtually identical) were caused by hardware.

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .. A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Thanks
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/139913-bsod-124-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys,
My laptop crashes showing this BSOD, sometimes it is so frequent may reach 5 times/day
sometimes the day passes clearly
Sometimes during browsing and working on it, sometimes when I leave it free/on lockscreen !!

Driver_Power_State_Failure.

I used a tool and detected that the problem is related to something called "Ntoskrnl"

This is the debug file.

http://tinyurl.com/lzf6shh
Copy the link in a new tab,
Sorry, don't know what is the problem with mediafire, and couldn't upload via attachments !

Thank you

A:BSOD, Ntoskrnl.

aaargh I just posted the same problem... I hope someone will get to us some link or ...I dont know something to fix this..

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54884-bsod-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been getting BSOD for a few months now. They occur totally randomly, sometimes up to 8 hours after I begin using my computer, sometimes in as little time as five minutes. I have updated all my drivers and run the windows memory check so I believe the problem does not lie there. All the errors have cited "ntoskrnl.exe" as the main cause of issue. Please help me fix my problem. The attached screenshots are the report created for one specific instance of the occurrence.

I am relatively unskilled when it comes to troubleshooting, so please walk me through everything I must do. Thanks a ton!

A:BSOD regarding ntoskrnl.exe

Fist of all, you have to post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279233-bsod-regarding-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been working on a new build htpc:

APU Athlon 5350 Quad Core Processor (Socket AM1, 2.05GHz, AMD Radeon 3 internal GPU)
MSI AM1I AMD Mini ITX Motherboard
Crucial CT102464BA160B 8GB DDR3 240 Pin 1.5V PC3-1600 CL11 Unbuffered UDIMM Memory Module
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
CIT 450w Gold 12CM Silent Atx V2.3 Power Supply
Windows 8.1 x64

I am being plagued by multiple BSOD's and also a lot of Windows updates are failing to install.
I have -
the motherboard on the latest firmware
tested the RAM
tested the SSD
tried another PSU
RMA'd the processor
updated the drivers to latest versions.

I've attached a selection of BSOD dumps.
Probably the most common one is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 ntoskrnl.exe.

Hope you can shed some light on this for me .

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD's

I'm trying to arrange to RMA the motherboard but MSI are very slow to respond to my request.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsods-1002570.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello guys.....Im new in the forum and i really need your help to solve my bsod problem that i face with a lot of months....First of all i would like to thank u in advance....!!!!!
My system specs are :\\Intel Core 2 Quad Cpu Q6600\\2 Gb RAM\\Geforce 9400 GT

Is Vista . . .
- x86 (32-bit)
- Home Premium
- an OEM
- Its about 5 years old
- not yet sp1 installed

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe.....???

Welcome
YOu have given us one dump report. Unfortunately, it ususlly takes many more to accurately diagnose a BSOD problem. The good news is that your dump has given a clear reason for your problem,memory
I would take this memort test. If you fail the test, remedy the situation, Then use the computer, again. If the problem continues, post with the new dump reports.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums
In addition, I see that you have a very large number of outdated drivers. Make sure that windows update is set to install drivers. This most certainly has contributed or will contribute to future BSODs.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/290959-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been having BSOD and random warnings regarding my Graphics card BSOD ntoskrnl.exe i have taken an image of the warning this can happen BSOD ntoskrnl.exe at regular intervals from heavy graphic work photoshop to internet browsing and video clips youtube etc I have installed bluescreen viewer and this is the dump i saved they all have one thing in common the ntoskrnl driver Is this purely the graphics card or could it be something else I am running Windows Bit ASUS EAH GB Silent card x GB Corsair RAM ASUS P QL EPU Motherboard Quote Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff a f Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff a b Parameter fffff Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String BAD POOL CALLER Bug Check Code x c Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff a b cc Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version

Welcome to TSF

Did you update the video driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-525843.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Another humble and desperate hope for help I have a crash dump analyzis ntoskrnl.exe BSOD =( here On Tue - - BSOD ntoskrnl.exe =( your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x x xFFFFF FE D xFFFFF FE D xFFFFF FE D Error BAD POOL HEADER Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Fri - - your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x x xFFFFF C D B xFFFFF C D B xFFFFFA C D B Error BAD POOL HEADER Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Fri - - your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code xA x x x xFFFFF ACB Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Wed - - your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code xC x x xFFFFFA B E x Error DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time My screens happens only when the computer is under quot stress quot Meaning when I play game or I am doing rendering if that is important information Especially the game Dragon Age Origins is bad My system is very new and it does my tummy no good to have problems sigh The one who can help me out I will visit and cook a good dinner for

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe =(

Can you please post your actual crash dump file
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97198-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys!
Made a fresh Win10 install with just basic software (Like whocrashed)
I have tried using the Guru3Ds tool to remove all traces of old video card drivers and installed the newest ones without any extra software or bloatware.
Have ran Memtest for 24 hours without a fault.

I am still getting BSODs from ntoskrtnl all the time.

Any pointers?
DESKTOP-K5NQFFT-01_09_2016_15_02_12,61.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62262-bsod-various-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I keep getting BSOD with different warnings

I have attached a zip file containing all 5 minidump files for all 5 BSOD's

Thanks in Advance

Quote: Originally Posted by Pandy90

I keep getting BSOD with different warnings

I have attached a zip file containing all 5 minidump files for all 5 BSOD's

Thanks in Advance

Your Macaffee. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials
How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/131456-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all,
My computer sometime gets BSOD ! I've tried to do some fixes but could not solve. Please take a look on the attachment and give me some advices !

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck 74, {2, fffff8800321b9e0, 2, ffffffffc000014d}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CmpLoadHiveThread+23a )
I hate to say this but you need to re-install Windows, 0x74's is bad system info, so re-install Windows and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378241-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys. I just installed vista 64 onto my hp laptop today with all the drivers, and I got a random BSOD a few minutes ago. Here is the dump:

Dump File : Mini021216-01.dmp
Crash Time : 12/02/2016 12:21:10 AM
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : 0000099e`0000007e
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000001
Parameter 4 : fffff800`01abe443
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+5a450
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+5a450
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini021216-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 6002
Dump File Size : 269,768
Dump File Time : 12/02/2016 12:23:01 AM

It's an IRQL one so I don't think it's hardware related. Help would be much appreciated. I'm afraid that it will BSOD again.

Here are the dump files.

This is my system:

? OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista? Windows Vista Home Premium x64
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
? What was the original installed OS on the system? Windows Vista Home Premium x64
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Retail. not OEM
? Approximate age of system (hardware) 8 years
? Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) 4 hours
? Have you re-installed the OS? yes

? CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T7700
? Video Card ATi Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT
? System Manufacturer Hewlett Packard
? Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) HDX9000

Laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-1093738.html
Relevancy 70.52%

i have a new computer and it started randomly BSODing. i have attached some dump files.
please help...

Thanks

Relevancy 70.52%

I have a couple of times suffered a couple BSOD's. I have for a few days installed a new HDD for an upgrade and therefore reinstalled windows. I have again received a BSOD 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

BSOD was received when I was moving movie file from a filserver on my network.

What to do?

Quote: Originally Posted by webnoob

I have a couple of times suffered a couple BSOD's. I have for a few days installed a new HDD for an upgrade and therefore reinstalled windows. I have again received a BSOD 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

BSOD was received when I was moving movie file from a filserver on my network.

What to do?

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.
Thanks

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97010-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm a bit out of my depth on this one. Any help? Followed the BSOD posting guidelines that I found on the site while researching this (with a hiccup).

Something I couldn't figure out happened to the primary hard drive a month or so ago that made everything unreadable (raid 0) so I did a clean install of everything - BSODs started to happen recently, so I figured it was something I had downloaded. Reinstalled Windows again 4 or so days ago and am still getting them. I've only installed video and audio drivers and a few games. BSODs regardless of what I'm doing. In fact, usually not in-game.

? OS - Windows 8.1
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system - Windows 7 (Windows 8.1 was a clean install)
? full retail OS
? PC is 4 years old
? OS has been on here for about 4 days

? CPU - i7 980x
? Video Card - SLI GTX 480
? EVGA FTW 3
? Power Supply brand & wattage 1200W

Desktop

A:NTOSKRNL.exe BSOD

Hi,

We have various bug checks:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) bug check.

This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high. This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

By default, the fault of the crashes is NETIO.sys which is the Network I/O Subsystem.

This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

WINLOGON_FATAL_ERROR (c000021a)

This means that an error has occurred in a crucial user-mode subsystem.

Okay, so what crashed?

ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT: initial session process or

Great, so what initial session process or ?? was it?

BugCheck C000021A, {ffffc000bf27f190, ffffffffc0000428, 0, f1c6a90458}

Code:

1: kd> db ffffc000bf27f190
ffffc000`bf27f190 69 6e 69 74 69 61 6c 20-73 65 73 73 69 6f 6e 20 initial session
ffffc000`bf27f1a0 70 72 6f 63 65 73 73 20-6f 72 00 00 77 e7 d0 11 process or..w...
ffffc000`bf27f1b0 03 01 0e 03 57 6d 69 70-00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 ....Wmip........
ffffc000`bf27f1c0 00 00 00 00 41 00 43 00-50 00 49 00 5c 00 47 00 ....A.C.P.I.\.G.
ffffc000`bf27f1d0 65 00 6e 00 75 00 69 00-6e 00 65 00 49 00 6e 00 e.n.u.i.n.e.I.n.
ffffc000`bf27f1e0 74 00 65 00 6c 00 5f 00-2d 00 5f 00 49 00 6e 00 t.e.l._.-._.I.n.
ffffc000`bf27f1f0 74 00 65 00 6c 00 36 00-34 00 5f 00 46 00 61 00 t.e.l.6.4._.F.a.
ffffc000`bf27f200 6d 00 69 00 6c 00 79 00-5f 00 36 00 5f 00 4d 00 m.i.l.y._.6._.M.
It looks like the initial session that terminated was ACPI which is the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface. ACPI defines a flexible and abstract hardware interface that provides a standard way to integrate power management features throughout a PC system, including hardware, operating system and application software.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high. The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

--------------------

1. RTCor64.sys is listed and loaded which is RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known BSOD issues w/Win7 & 8). Please uninstall ASAP!

2. If the above fails, I would go as far to say that we actually have a faulty HDD setup here, or a bad motherboard.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-839274.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

I have just inherited a Win7 Pro laptop and recently have had 2 or 3 BSOD.  Most of the dumps show ntoskrnl.exe to be the issue, however after a lot of Googling, most people are advising that this could be because this was just the last driver to be used before it crashed?

Also looking at the past .dmp it looks like there has been numerous "Bug Check Strings" such as BAD_POOL_HEADER / SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION etc.

I am going to run a memtest tonight (but need to use the laptop today so will have to wait until tonight).  However, in the mean time, I have attached the output from BlueScreenView as a text doc and if anyone with more experience of troubleshooting BSODs could advise if they can see anything obvious from the output, that would be great and I would really appreciate it.

Hi

Varying bugcheck code is usually a sign of memory related issues. Running "Memtest86+" is the right thing to begin with. Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 and run at least seven or more passes with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513676/bsod-ntoskrnlexe/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi - BSOD ntoskrnl.exe I've been having intermittent BSOD's every few weeks BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe which I cannot seem to track down This only occurs when the PC is in sleep mode it seems Can someone give me a hand in tracking down the culprit attached are the required outputs and a Blue Screen View dump file Thanks Victor OS - Vista Windows - Win x -bit or x What was original installed OS on system winXP X from what I recall Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Custom install Age of system hardware about a years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS yes within the last - months CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s Video Card - Nvidia GTX MotherBoard - Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD Power Supply - brand amp wattage - W maybe System Manufacturer - customer parts not sure what else is required here Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom -

Hi,

Please refer to the following and reply back accordingly with the required information - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-842826.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

I often get a BSOD on my freshly installed windows PC. After searching the description of the log file I found that the cause is the ntoskrnl file. I understand many things can cause a corruption of the file. with the dmp and everything, hopefully someone can help me.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- self installed
- full retail version
- age of system: 2 weeks
- age of OS installation: <2 days (yes reinstalled it)
- system spec you find in profile

A:BSOD with ntoskrnl.exe

Dump blames 0x7F - see this thread: STOP 0x7F (UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP)

Update your ATI PCIe Motherboard/Chipset - here

Code:
AtiPcie.sys Wed May 06 03:00:22 2009
Update your Logitech Camera Driver - here

Code:
lv302a64.sys Fri May 01 10:41:07 2009
LV302V64.SYS Fri May 01 10:43:26 2009
lvrs64.sys Fri May 01 10:43:25 2009
Regards...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 6f8, fffff80002e9eeb8}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: 0000000080050031
Arg3: 00000000000006f8
Arg4: fffff80002e9eeb8

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002ed5ca9 to fffff80002ed6740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`009efce8 fffff800`02ed5ca9 : 00000000`0000007f 00000000`00000008 00000000`80050031 00000000`000006f8 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`009efcf0 fffff800`02ed4172 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`009efe30 fffff800`02e9eeb8 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+0xb2
fffff880`087de000 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!SeAccessCheckFromState+0x60
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2
fffff800`02ed4172 90 nop

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4cc791bd

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2

---------

1: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`00f0b000 fffff880`00f62000 ACPI ACPI.sys Tue Jul 14 11:19:34 2009 (4A5BC106)
fffff880`02b25000 fffff880`02baf000 afd afd.sys Tue Jul 14 11:21:40 2009 (4A5BC184)
fffff880`11c00000 fffff880`11c16000 AgileVpn AgileVpn.sys Tue Jul 14 12:10:24 2009 (4A5BCCF0)
fffff880`03fdd000 fffff880`03ff2000 amdppm amdppm.sys Tue Jul 14 11:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
fffff880`00e4d000 fffff880`00e58000 amdxata amdxata.sys ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147688-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I've suddenly suffered a spate of BSODs. I've never experienced a BSOD on this machine (up to this point) and haven't installed anything lately (hardware or software...to my knowledge).

System specs:
- Windows 7
- x64
- Original OS install
- OEM version that I purchased retail
- 2 year old hardware
- 2 year old OS install
- Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07Ghz
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
- ASUS P6X58D ATX Motherboard
- Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Power Supply
- Homebrew system

I've tried to diagnose the problem on my own. Memtest didn't reveal any issues. CPU temps are nominal. The minidump points to NTOSKRNL.exe but I realize that's a common default label.

Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2 and Performance check results are attached.

THANK YOU in advance for helping me resolve this problem.

A:BSOD -> NTOSKRNL.exe -> ???

ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005
Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win7). Also a part of the Asus PCProbe and AISuite Utilities.

From 2005 it's a XP driver D/L the 2010 version of Asus AI suite listed under Utilities here> ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6X58D Premium

RimSerial_AMD64.sys Mon Nov 24 12:01:01 2008 is a Blackbery device Virtual Serial Port driver Check for a update with Blackberry > Research In Motion - Products

aw_host5.sys Mon Feb 19 05:35:33 2007 (45D97D75)
awechodd.dll Mon Feb 26 10:09:40 2007 (45E2F834)
awechomd.sys Mon Feb 19 05:35:10 2007 (45D97D5E)
Symantec pcAnywhere Host driver again pre 2008 means they are not Win7 drivers.> http://us.norton.com/support/dtree.jsp

dfmirage.sys Fri Jan 11 16:04:26 2008
DemoForge Mirage Driver (DFMirage video hook driver)

The actual dumps themselves don't tell us a lot as they are all different processes named, usually this means there is a rouge driver in the system overwriting it's own address space into another drivers space which is then calling for the stop or hardware causing corruption, try updating the drivers above is still no good we can try running driver verifier.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Sun Sep 16 19:04:46.570 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\091612-17362-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 2:16:56.600
BugCheck 50, {fffffa8061bc376b, 0, fffff80002cc7d7f, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+425 )
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa80`61bc376b 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02cc7d7f 00000000`00000005
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+425
MaxSpeed: 3070
CurrentSpeed: 3073
BiosVersion = 0703
BiosReleaseDate = 02/24/2010
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
Debug session time: Sun Sep 16 16:46:46.148 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\091612-15880-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 1:06:38.178
BugCheck A, {800000028, 2, 1, fffff80002c9757d}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SetWakeBit+f8 )
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000008`00000028 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`02c9757d
PROCESS_NAME: ActSage.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_win32k!SetWakeBit+f8
BiosVersion = 0703
Debug session time: Fri Sep 14 18:13:18.607 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\091412-16161-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 11:31:46.638
BugCheck 50, {fffff890033bf110, 0, fffff880016cf527, 5}
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsFindPrefixHashEntry+1fe )
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff890`033bf110 00000000`00000000 fffff880`016cf527 00000000`00000005
PROCESS_NAME: crashreporter.
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_Ntfs!NtfsFindPrefixHashEntry+1fe
BiosVersion = 0703
Debug session time: Sat Sep 8 21:20:27.703 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\090812-15693-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:48.607
BugCheck 4E, {99, a9ca3, 0, aa823}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )
Bugcheck code 0000004E
Arguments 00000000`00000099 00000000`000a9ca3 00000000`0... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-666207.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I have got a serious problem that I cannot figure out I am not a pro but not green as well First configuration MB Asus M Bsod regarding ntoskrnl.exe A T Deluxe CPU Phenom X RAM X Gbyte OCZ DDR Value Ram VGA Radeon Gbyte HDD Intel X M ver Gbyte HDD Western Digital Tbyte Peripherals USB card and Microsoft webcam lifecam cinema Fresh installation of OS bit Ultimate legit copy Bsod are randoms all of them invoke ntoskrnl exe MEMORY MANAGEMENT APC INDEX MISMATCH BAD POOL HEADER SPECIAL POOL DETECTED MEMORY CORRUPTION PFN LIST CORRUPT sometimes computers instead freeze with audio loop and other times computer become unstable not answering applications until crash Those crashes are not related to any specific activity What I did till now Memtest negative Furtest for GPU negative Prime negative orthos gave an error about one result that had to be below but it was sorry no log for this Bsod regarding ntoskrnl.exe Intel stress test negative Last night i ran prime and everything was ok in meanwhile I was browsing watching a movie then it ended i opened cpu-z task manager to check cpu usage skype and i Bsod regarding ntoskrnl.exe started a video call while i adjust volume computer freeze Other times computer is left alone with utorrent and when i come back i find it crashed I used verifier exe but i didn't got any Bsod regarding ntoskrnl.exe relevant crash while it was in use I updated driver checked with antivirus Any suggestion on how to find who is guilt of all this mess apart me Attachment

A:Bsod regarding ntoskrnl.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124902-bsod-regarding-ntoskrnl-exe.html