Windows Support Forum

Notebook is not seeing graphics card

Q: Notebook is not seeing graphics card

Hi, so I have a very basic Notebook very cheap MSI A6300 nothing amazing.

So any way It needed a wipe I did, and now it can't find its graphics card, it should say ATI Radeon HD 4270 but it just says Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.

I am thinking its come loose or its been hit or something, I have run MSI Live Update 5 with no hope. It can't find it either.

Should I take a look inside? (Never rlly messed with laptops/Notebooks before, I do all my work on a desktop)

If you need anymore information or specs then I will get them asap! =D

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Notebook is not seeing graphics card

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Notebook is not seeing graphics card

You might be just missing the driver for your graphics card, try searching Techspot (or Google) for "MSI A6300 drivers", download the the video drivers for your notebook.
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-is-not-seeing-graphics-card.180454/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi

I currently operate a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT, which only just meets the minimum while playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I experience a lot of lag while playing and I believe that this is the root of the problem. The only other option is my processor, and that'll be a bit expensive to get a new one.

So I was wondering, could someone suggest a good graphics card (NVIDIA preferably) that will work well with Bad Company 2. I think something along the lines of 1 GB of memory would suffice. Also, my laptop is the Dell XPS M1530 so that it fits or whatever.

Thanks.

A:Notebook Graphics Card

Majority of notebooks graphic cards are integrated and cannot be replaced. You will need to check with Dell as I do know they have some that you can replace, but again, majority of their notebooks are not changable.

Plus there is no real supply other than from the manufacturer of the notebook.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-graphics-card.942076/
Relevancy 65.36%

I really haven't looked around for a new card yet. My experience rating of 3.8 is basically because of my crappy Intel chipset. I want to do some lite gaming on this thing, and I think I may be restricted to 2 gigs do to my processor. All of the necessary information is in my signature for suggestions. I don't intend on this being a real "gaming machine". But I do want to play a few online games without having to worry about incompatibility. I can get on 2nd life without too many problems. I can also play Aces high without problem as well. I just want to go a step further.

A:Graphics card for a cheap notebook

Unless that laptop has a discrete video card slot, I dont think you have any options.

Norbert

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/169629-graphics-card-cheap-notebook.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a friend with a sharp notebook.

He is wanting to upgrade the graphics card.

Does anyone know if this can be done, or is the graphics card hardwired into the motherboard on these notebooks?

And if so what card would you recomend?

Thanks.

A:Sharp notebook graphics card.

Laptop Graphics chips are hard-wired onto the motherboard. May even be a chipset graphics sub-system (chipset has built in video function)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharp-notebook-graphics-card.133825/
Relevancy 64.5%

I Have Buy A new HP 630 Note Book.... Some Design Software Is not Working In this Note Book So I decided To install a Graphics Card For my Note Book. Which graphics Card Is Suitable For My Note Book.

A:Graphics Card For HP 630 Notebook With core i3 Processor .

Hi, You cannot upgrade the graphics chip in this model notebook (or most any notebook for that matter). Paul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Graphics-Card-For-HP-630-Notebook-With-core-i3-Processor/td-p/884291
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello, I would like to know if it was possible to upgrade my graphics card. I currently have an Intel HD Graphics 5500. This is enough for most of my current games, but games like Fallout 4 can hardly run on my laptop.  If anyone could help me that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

A:Can I upgrade my graphics card on my HP ENVY m7 Notebook?

Hi, Unfortunately no, the Intel chip is soldered to the motherboard and the motherborad has no room for you to upgrade. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-graphics-card-on-my-HP-ENVY-m7-Notebook/td-p/5643797
Relevancy 64.5%

I formatted my laptop and then reinstalled Win8.1 but I lost all the drivers that have been installed when i bought the product. Most of the drivers were replaced when i updated my windows. Some drivers like AMD graphics driver, Realtek audio player were not installed. Where can i find this drivers and also give me some guidelines to install this drivers. 

A:AMD graphics card driver for HP Notebook - 15-ac120tx

Hi: You should be able to use the W8.1 drivers from the 15t-ac000 on your model, except the BIOS and firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac000-Notebook-PC-series-(Touch)/7777391/model... You want the AMD and Intel graphics drivers.  Install the Intel one first, restart the PC, and then install the AMD one and restart the PC. This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver. File name: sp71257.exe This package provides the AMD/Intel Switchable High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. File name: sp71254.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/AMD-graphics-card-driver-for-HP-Notebook-15-ac120tx/td-p/5714801
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm wondering if I can upgrade my Graphics Card and what models I should use to upgrade with? Thank you very much.

A:Upgrading Graphics Card on HP Pavilion g7-1328dx Notebook ??

Hi, Unfortunately the amd chip is integrated into the system board and is not an upgradeable component - this is the case for the majority of consumer class notebooks. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-Graphics-Card-on-HP-Pavilion-g7-1328dx-Notebook/td-p/5852583
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-a-ddr2-memory-graphics-card-with-ddr3-sli-graphics-card.890912/
Relevancy 51.6%

My graphics display suddenly stopped for my computer. My PC is not even recognising my monitor, I tested my monitor with some other PC's and it is working properly. I though graphics card not working.??

But since my existing graphics card is gone and there is no on board graphics card on my PC I am not able to uninstall existing graphics card and install new one.

Could some one please suggest me what to do in this situation to see some thing in monitor so that in can start doing Uninstall/Installtions.?

Thank you very much for your replies in advance. I really apprecite it.

Thanks
Satish.

A:How to install graphics card when the existing graphics card in not working.

You could always stick the new one in and boot up in safe mode. Then proceed to uninstall all the remnant drivers. That *shouldn't* cause any problems, but it may be choppy when you boot up.(I've had this happen before, swapping a Riva TNT2 for a GF6600).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-graphics-card-when-the-existing-graphics-card-in-not-working.54327/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi for the last months ive been trying to fix a but Nvidia Random not card with restarts card graphics graphics AMD problem that ive been having with my computer about months ago I did a major pc upgrade where i replaced my motherboard processor ram heat sink power supply and case the only things I used from the original computer where HDD's SDD and my AMD radeon HD gb Now ive have the most strange issue where i can be watching a video off the HDD or surfing the web on youtube etc and not long after I Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card start the activity my computer will turn off like if I had flicked the switch on the back of the power supply and then it boots back up again and will run fine until i start up an activity again and then it does exactly the same thing and reboots there is no BSOD shown nor Dumps Created Ive tried many things to sort this out and have RMA'ed the power supply and the motherboard the motherboard wasn't a direct replacement as they didn't sell my original board anymore which was a gigabyte ga-x -ud now i have an asus p x deluxe I have tried only plugging in one HDD SSD and then tried a spare HDD when that failed i have tried one ram stick at a time and still nothing now heres where it gets strange whilst trying to rule out differnt hardware i switched my AMD card out for a very old mb pcie x nvidia graphics and since then my computer has been running marvelously i can have it playing videos for hours days even although i havent properly tested for days and not a single problem at all The main difference between the cards is obiously one is nvidia and the other is AMD the nvidia one doesn't require any form of external power from the power supply where as the AMD one requires pin connectors and the AMD card is Massively more powerful when compared to the nvidia one the AMD one can run Practically all new titles on max with ease whereas the nividia card struggles to play gta sa on medium so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board a damaged AMD card a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be Any help is appreciated Joe P S sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

A:Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card

Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64

so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board, a damaged AMD card, a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be. Any help is appreciated.

Joe

P.S. sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

The comparison you are making between GPU brands is pointless as a diagnostic. The MAIN difference I can see is that one card requires external power, and the other one does not. A proper diagnostic would be to test another GPU that requires external power.

I've heard that the specific PSU you bought will sometimes not power all the hardware it is supposed so.
People saying it could barely power a SSD, or even an extra fan.

My thoughts. Try using another PSU, try using a similar GPU. Use your old PSU and see if it still happens for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/276583-random-restarts-amd-graphics-card-but-not-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XP

A:TV Tuner Card, Graphics card, Disabling Shared Graphics

RichardB49 said:

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XPClick to expand...

You sure can!!,not sure what you mean by shared graphics though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-tuner-card-graphics-card-disabling-shared-graphics.336971/
Relevancy 49.88%

ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" Can anyone help me with this error message? I can hear the windows startup sound but it shows no display so i plugged the cable into the motherboad and an error box opend wich stated "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" with no additional information. I searched online and found that asus smart doctor can cause this and they recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers to fix this problem but the pc is not picking up the graphics card to reinstall all the needed drivers. I also found people with the same problem and after they did a clean install of windows7/vista and all the drivers the error box still appeared. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A:ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD"

Do you have the PCIe set as first to initialize in the BIOS? Also, have you tried the card in another slot on the MoBo? Have you tried cleaning out the slot with canned air? Have you tried using a pencil eraser to gently clean the contacts in the GPU where it plugs into the PCIe?

And please, thoroughly fill out your System Specs by clicking on the tab under your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228579-asus-gt240-graphics-card-error-can-not-find-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I just installed my graphics card and it hasnt changed performance much My intregrated card uses mb ram I think I have mb ram and it still says mb ram card my My is graphics intregrated graphics messing card with new after installing the new card it did not free it up I guess the old controller is messing with it In the device manager I disabled the display adapter before installing the new card However My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card it was a nvidia controller and there is lots of nvidia stuff in the device manager since my new card is using nvidia My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card software also I really dont know what else to to disable or uninstall The display adapter is now the new card that part is working I guess The card I just installed is d fuzion Specifications GPU NVIDIA GeForce MX Bus Type PCI Memory MB here is the link to more specifications http www dfuzion com cards pci asp These are the specifications on my computer Microsoft windows xp home edition version service pack Emachines T AMD Athlon processor ghz it says mb ram tho I have mb and mb rams sticks in it nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now.
I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I needed. So, I tried just plugging it in and seeing what happens but it doesn't seem to work, I have tried looking for results around the internet and BIOS but they don't seem to work. The three monitors which I have plugged into my GPU, work perfectly fine, but, as I said, the motherboard's VGA port doesn't work. I have heard that such thing definitely is possible, but I cannot find out what I need to do.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/46662-z97-use-integrated-graphics-card-along-external-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have new dell with ATI RadeonTM X300.. it supports 2 display mode.. I was wondering is it better to use one graphics card with dual screen.. or having two graphics card on same system. I have extra dual head GeForce FX5500 from my old system.

I am using system for video editing and graphics.

thanks for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dual-head-graphics-card-vs-two-graphics-card.456202/
Relevancy 48.59%

If my motherboard currently has an intigrated graphics card, but has a PCI-E slot, do I need to do anything special after inserteing my graphics card and installing the drivers, or should it just work right away?

A:How do you switch from an integrated graphics card to an "external" graphics card?

Most modern PCs will detect the new installation of the PCI graphics card and automatically disable the onboard graphics, so yes it should just work.

If for some reason you have problems, you may have to make a change in the bios, I cannot be more specific because each bios is different depending on manufacturer, and model of the motherboard.

Install the card, connect your monitor to it and boot up, when you get into Windows install the driver and reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-switch-from-an-integrated-graphics-card-to-an-external-graphics-card.922726/
Relevancy 48.59%

I was wondering if some people could tell me their notebook's graphics card and what they think of it like with, video, games, and regular browsing and such. I've been thinking about getting a new notebook but i don't want to have bad graphical performance but I don't want to pay too much either. I would probably play games like Counter Strike: Source, BF2, Age of Empires III, Oblivion, and World of Warcraft. Thanks for all the help.

A:Notebook Graphics

Notebooks don't have graphics cards, they have what's called imbedded graphics controllers. The good graphics notebooks are expensive, you can't get around this. Look at the notebook specs. Pay attention to the independent graphics specs and the amount of memory alotted to the graphics controller. The CPU power is just as important as the graphics controller power

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-graphics.66949/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi My name is Apoorva I am from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for an onboard graphics card and an external graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go between External graphics Graphics Shared) Card Difference (384MB (128/256M & Onboard for an external graphics card for a new Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this external graphic card is MB or MB Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M and as Onboard graphic card already provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Laptop which I am looking for falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Apoorva nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-between-onboard-graphics-384mb-shared-external-graphics-card-128-256m.702994/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

Does anyone know a good Graphics card for use for medium gaming, but mostly on using Adobe Software, for example, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Please find below link to Upgrade options I'm looking at for my old PC:
http://www.novatech.co.uk:80/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-N43051

Recomended the entry level 6600GT lineup for Gaming

I'll list too, in case break in link:

Processor: Athlon 64 3000
Heatsink and Fan: Original Manufacturer
Memory: 1x 512MB 184 PIN 2.5V 400MHZ
Motherboard: NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
Socket Type: 939
Memory Slots: 4x DDR
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) Ultra
AGP Slots N/A
16x PCI-Express Slots 1
1x PCI-Express Slots 2
PCI Slots: 4
CNR Slots: N/A
Onboard Sound: 7.1 channel AC97 (Realtek)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) MAC + PHY (Vitesse)
Onboard Graphics: No
USB Ports: 4
Parallel Ports: 1
Serial Ports: 1
Form Factor: ATX

Look forward to hearing on your advise, Best Regards

A:Whats a Good Graphics card for Gaming and using Adobe Software-Graphics

I've done a lot of research on this because I built a new system back in August. While I am not much of a gamer, I needed a very good NLE machine. However, the card I chose is quite the gamer card but had all the extras I needed to run Adobe Video Collection.

I picked the Connect 3D Radeon X850XT Platinum card from Tigerdirect. At the time it was $350 but I know it's cheaper now. It's got everything you need for a demanding application like Premiere Pro 1.5 and its related software. 256MB of GDDR3 memory and dual DVI outs. I highly recommend this card. I've been using it since the start of September with Adobe and it's great.

Your CPU and memory are a bit more of an important factor with rendering and burning though. My new PC has a 3.4Ghz P4 and 2GB of 533Mhz dual channel RAM. It's an exceptional increase in speed and productivity over my old 2.4Ghz and 512 Rambus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-good-graphics-card-for-gaming-and-using-adobe-software-graphics.37997/
Relevancy 47.73%

anybody know how to add 3D graphics card to notebook, obviou PCMCIA card fix appears not available to my search abilities?

A:notebook needing 3D graphics

don't think you can, either you have it when you buy the notebook or your out of luck. They don't allow much more than memory/hardrive upgrades.

Sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-needing-3d-graphics.65736/
Relevancy 47.73%

So I bought an ASUS X550LA notebook with an i7 processor, plenty of RAM and storage, Win 8.1. Thinking such a sweet processor would work well, even for gaming for my grandson, I assumed the graphics would be just fine and didn't explore it. Oops. It uses onboard graphics, max resolution 1366 x 768. My fault, I know. Is there anything I can do to improve the graphics? Is there space for a graphics card in one of these laptops? Thanks for any assistance. Learned the hard way on this one.

A:ASUS Notebook Graphics

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Unfrotunately, with a notebook you are pretty much stuck with what you have in the way of hardware.

It looks like that model has Intel HD 4400 graphics which is pretty low end and only really up to the task of internet browsing, office, email etc in my opinion.

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X550LA/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-notebook-graphics.1137065/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi. I just realised that my MSI Notebook GE62 2QF Apache Pro is using the integrated intel graphics instead of my Nvidia GTX 970M when going into my advanced display options. I have installed the latest nvidia graphics drivers for my chip and tried to disable the integrated graphics in the device manager. However, it is re-enabled on startup. I tried to look in the BIOS for an option to disable the integrated graphics, but I have had no luck. I have also tried switching my preferred graphics processor to the High Performance Nvidia one, but nothing happens there either. I have no idea what to do next, and I would be really grateful for some help.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/64103-msi-notebook-not-using-gtx-970m-graphics.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I asked a question earlier about if i could put a standard graphics card in a laptop."NO" I now need to know what i have to do to put any kind of graphics card in my notebook. I do not currently have any 3D graphics card in my notebook.
Dell Latitude CPx
P.III 500Mhz
DVD-RW
128 MB RAM

Can anyone help me soon?

A:Notebook graphics Dilemma

Outside of buying a new machine you don't have a choice, sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-graphics-dilemma.109925/
Relevancy 47.73%

This is not an issue post, but something to help people who have question about gaming notebooks.

1 - What GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) in a notebook, how it relates.
2 - How does their current notebook compare to others.
3 - What you may want to buy.

Go here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

This is an AWESOME chart! It shows several well-known popular games. And includes the latest GPUs from ATI, Nvidia and intel as well as old old stuff from about 10 years ago.

You can CHECK the GPUs and games you are most interested in so you can see the chart better... so like 3~6 GPU types and a few games.

I wish there was a chart just like this for desktop.

A:Notebook Graphics Advice

I like this one too: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=302231
And they have specs here once you click on a card: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Graphic-Cards.130.0.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-graphics-advice.912465/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am Techsavy from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for Dedicated Between Card Onboard Graphics Graphics a Difference Solved: an onboard graphics card and a dedicated graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go for a dedicated graphics card for a new laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this dedicated graphic card is MB or MB and Onboard graphic card on the other hand provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card Laptop which I am looking for Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Techsavy nbsp

A:Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-between-onboard-graphics-a-dedicated-graphics-card.759339/
Relevancy 47.73%

I m having a problem others seem to encouter but can t get it resolved I bought a ATI Radeon X Pro MB PCI-E card I have an Emachine T computer with built in ati xpress Specs found herehttp www emachines com support product support html cat desktop amp subcat T-Series amp model T My problem graphics on new installing card Emachine/onboard-graphics Problem is after installing the card my computer doesn t recognize the hardware As soon as I put Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics the card in my monitor will not work The computer boots up and the monitor has power but no picture The card fan is working i can hear it Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics I take the card out and it works fine Here is what I have tried -Called emachines for support and after disabling my onboard graphics still doesn t work they say call ATI -Tried support from ATI no help they say its the computer -Tried disabling in BIOS but it doesn t offer a selection for that It also does t have a PNP feature Only first initial display which I tried on PCIEX -Plug Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics monitor to both card and onboard -Check MSI website and I do have updated BIOS I can tell that the onboard graphics are disabled due to large scale print I tried uninstalling the drivers but when i turn it on it detects and installs the built in graphics I just can t get the monitor to work whenever the card is inserted If it would work I could manually install the hardware and drivers I m thinking I need a different BIOS that would let me use PNP and disable onboard graphics Any help I would greatly appreciate this is my first time to this website and I thought I would try it before taking my computer to a shop to see if they can fix it Just scared of what they might charge since I only paid about for the card Thanks in advance Kevin nbsp

A:Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics

An extreme option

As you do have the option of a working computer prior to installing the new card I would back up any files that are important to you..
Then, before I would pay someone else BIG bucks, I would put in the new card and try a fresh install of windows. Force it to recognise your new card. The drivers that Windows will pick should suffice until the install is done and you can then install the card specific drivers from your disk.
This is given ONLY as a choice. I am not sure this will solve your problem but IT IS something this cheap bas____ would try before paying someone else.

Good Luck and check back, maybe someone else will contribute a better idea.
Greg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-installing-new-graphics-card-on-emachine-onboard-graphics.41175/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all Video card appears to be reaching the end of the road with regular crashes of x type After extensive attempts card Enabling method onboard graphics graphics/Disabling to fix it the conclusion is that the card needs to be replaced I plan to acquire a completely new computer when I go overseas in days time Until then a band-aid solution occurred to me to last this week use the onboard graphics integrated in the motherboard instead of the failing discrete graphics card Some background info Motherboard is GA-G M-ES L Graphics card is nVidia GT Current display interface is DVI connected to graphics card VGA cable available My method is Update motherboard GA-G M-ES L drivers Uninstall discrete graphics card nVidia GT drivers Reboot and access BIOS Via BIOS disable graphics card and enable onboard graphics Save and shutdown Disconnect DVI monitor cable from graphics card also from monitor Connect VGA monitor cable to motherboard also to monitor Boot Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method I would lke your opinion on this planned course of action which potentially could be nigh unfixable

A:Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method

That is just how you should do that, it's unremarkable.

Should not be a problem at all, it's routine, you could add another card later and be just fine after disabling on-board again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291302-enabling-onboard-graphics-disabling-graphics-card-method.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I usually make a habit of checking Event Viewer EV on a regular basis having installed new drivers and a new graphics card this morning without a hitch I decided to check EV since this was a rather big change to the system Sure enough there was some new entries However Graphics Event related??) new entries Viewer graphics (NOT Card New when I looked into them they offered little information as to what the problem was When I used the link to see what online information was available the Microsoft site came back New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) with no information fixes for this problem These errors do not seem to be affecting anything but I just wanted to know how you folks think I should proceed Here are the two errors and what info I could pull from EV Device Center New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) - - System - Provider Name DeviceCenter - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PC Security - EventData Unknown Node text -- gt Second error will be in the next post

A:New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??)

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0.

+ System
- EventData
\Device\CdRom0
0E00800001000000000000000B0004C001010000000000000000000008480700000000000000000005B9060000000000FFFF FFFF02000000580000840204000001200612080100000000000004010000000000000000000040538B0A80FAFFFF00000000 0000000010B0830A80FAFFFF000000000000000000000000000000001B000000020000000000000000000000700004000000 000A00000000530000000000000000000000
Binary data:

In Words

0000: 0080000E 00000001 00000000 C004000B
0008: 00000101 00000000 00000000 00074808
0010: 00000000 00000000 0006B905 00000000
0018: FFFFFFFF 00000002 84000058 00000402
0020: 12062001 00000108 00000000 00000104
0028: 00000000 00000000 0A8B5340 FFFFFA80
0030: 00000000 00000000 0A83B010 FFFFFA80
0038: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
0040: 0000001B 00000002 00000000 00000000
0048: 00040070 0A000000 00000000 00000053
0050: 00000000 00000000

In Bytes

0000: 0E 00 80 00 01 00 00 00 ..?.....
0008: 00 00 00 00 0B 00 04 C0 .......?
0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 08 48 07 00 .....H..
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 05 B9 06 00 00 00 00 00 .?......
0030: FF FF FF FF 02 00 00 00 ????....
0038: 58 00 00 84 02 04 00 00 X..?....
0040: 01 20 06 12 08 01 00 00 . ......
0048: 00 00 00 00 04 01 00 00 ........
0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0058: 40 53 8B 0A 80 FA FF FF @S?.????
0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0068: 10 B0 83 0A 80 FA FF FF .??.????
0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0078: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0080: 1B 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 ........
0088: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0090: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A p.......
0098: 00 00 00 00 53 00 00 00 ....S...
00a0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I just wanted to add that when I go into Device Manager there is no problem with the CD/DVD. I tried updating the driver through DM and Windows says the driver is up to date. I popped in a CD and it reads and plays no problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/276096-new-graphics-card-new-event-viewer-entries-not-graphics-related.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay I m really depending missing card, Overheating, and adapter graphics graphics not VGA working. on you guys to help me out here So my computer is overheating at temps above C My Nvidia Geforce GT m wont update from the nvidia download page nor from device manager I was just simply updating my drivers from Device Manager when I went Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. to update my VGA Graphics a screen came up and said an error was encountered with Nvidia GeForce GT m Now device manager says VGA Standard graphics adapter cannot start Could this be causing overheating I m also getting strange crashes in League of Legends Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. since this happened where I get a Black Screen and need to hard reboot my Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. computer sometimes after games Anyway its like my Nvidia graphics card is quot missing quot or something P S I also have an under laptop cooling fan Edit Also would restoring to factory settings return my drivers to default again and possibly fix this problem Here are my Computer Specs quot Model Alienware M xR Intel R Core TM i CPU U GHz Installed RAM GB usable Windows bit Display adapters Intel R HD Graphics and Standard VGA graphics adapter nbsp

A:Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-missing-graphics-card-and-vga-graphics-adapter-not-working.1045832/
Relevancy 47.3%

I've been trying to update my graphics drivers (Intel HD Graphics 4000, dated 9/26/2012), both with automatic programs like the Intel updater and manually from Intel and HP (though HP doesn?t seem to have anything newer than what I have). The drivers available from Intel are dated as recent as May 2016, but whenever I try to update or install the I get the error message "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer.  Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. " Is there anyway to install a driver that has been updated in the last few years on this machine? I've been having problems running some newer games and am trying to avoid springing for a new computer. HP Pavilion g7-2247us NotebookWindows 8 x64Intel Core i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz  Chipset: Intel HD 4000Driver version 9.17.10.2867Driver Date 09/26/2012

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-g7-Notebook-PC-graphics-drivers/td-p/5660057
Relevancy 47.3%

HiI have a HP Pavilion Notebook PC and it seems I have a problem with the graphic It started months ago when the computer suddenly started saying The graphics card ADM Driver stopped answering and recovered or something like that I solved the problem by looking for updates and installing them but now I have problems again First of all it seems that I can't ever update the graphic or display adapters it just doesn't happen Now I have bought an expensive VHS converter 17 Notebook PC Graphics HP Pavilion with problem programme to digitize VHS videos but the programme doesn't work because there is something wrong with the Graphics problem with HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC Graphics or the display adapters nbsp At the device management I can see that I have two display adapters AMD Radeon HD G and AMD Radeon HD M Series The first Graphics problem with HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC one has an exlamation mark and it says The device has been stopped because it reported an error - code nbsp Is there anything I can do to fix the graphics and display adapters I have heard that these kind of errors are typical for HP Pavilions What is the difference between graphis and display adapters anyway nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-problem-with-HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC/td-p/5807436
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I m in the market for a new PC laptop and I m curious about my options for the -- question new graphics cards about Getting notebook graphics card The laptop I m getting will be high-end around to most Getting new notebook -- question about graphics cards likely and of all the sites I ve checked out mainly HP Sony and Dell the best graphics card that I ve seen available for any notebook is the GB Nvidia GeForce GT M there s also the GB ATI Mobility Radeon but I ve read that the GB GeForce is better So my question is -- is the GB GeForce the best graphics card out there that a notebook PC can use or are there better ones that I could buy separately and install myself or have someone install If so I have two other questions First what is Getting new notebook -- question about graphics cards the best or some of the best graphics cards out there that I could buy and have installed on my laptop when I get it and where can I find them Second how would I go about having the graphics card that I purchased separately installed Could I do it myself -- remove the one the came with the laptop and install the one I bought separately or can you install more than one on a single laptop Or would I have to take it to a shop to have them install it for me Any help regarding all or any of these questions will be very very much appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Getting new notebook -- question about graphics cards

I would suggest checking out Alienware (http://www.alienware.com). They are probably the most well known power-house computer manufacture. Check out their M17X laptop and all of the upgrade options.

With regard to installing your own graphics card, I think it really depends on the laptop you get, and from who. A lot of companies are making it easier to get at certain laptop parts, with individual panels on the bottom. I know it's often pretty easy to swap out RAM and I think even hard drives, but I'm not too sure about graphics cards.

Find a laptop you like, and maybe check out some articles about it on the web, or possibly some youtube videos. Many reviewers (including here on Techspot) will give you a picture or two of the bottom, and show you how accessible things are.

I know this didn't fully answer your question, but I hope it helped some

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-new-notebook-question-about-graphics-cards.137824/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi all,   i am using  notebook 15-r006TU laptop for windows 10 os and unable to find drivers for Graphics and Bluetooth . please help me out. thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/help-to-get-Graphics-and-Bluetooth-driver-for-notebook-15/td-p/5702813
Relevancy 47.3%

i am looking to buy a new graphics card to upgrade from the integrated crap that is ati x200 series 64 mb which although i didnt realize really wasnt what i needed to play battlefield 2142 and battlefield 2 so please help me i don have a clue what im doing in this area i have pci-e slots and a £100 budget

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-upgrde-from-integrated-64-mb-graphics-to-real-graphics-card.654809/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt Solved: On board Detected Graphics card Graphics not m and one more thing In one of the game I checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card it Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be compatible with the Asus M3A78-CM Motherboard. I have 1 PCI Express x 1 slot free and 2 x PCI 2.2 slots free.

Please provide some suggestions, doesn't have to be brand new.

Either that, or something like the Gadmei XGA/VGA LCD TV BOX. I want to connect my PC with the motherboard mentioned previously to my CRT TV (Panasonic TX-28PL4 Quintrix). The motherboard has onboard graphics via dvi and vga outputs. The TV has an S-VHS plug on the front, as well as RCA Audio/Video sockets. On the rear, it has 1 spare scart input.

What are your thoughts?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there, so I just installed windows 7 on my friend's computer. Previously they had a ATI graphics card (not sure which version) but now it says it has a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Because of this, the resolution isn't displayed correctly and everything is enlarged. This is very annoying. Can anyone help please?? >-<

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be compatible with the Asus M3A78-CM Motherboard. I have 1 PCI Express x 1 slot free and 2 x PCI 2.2 slots free.

Please provide some suggestions, doesn't have to be brand new.

Either that, or something like the Gadmei XGA/VGA LCD TV BOX. I want to connect my PC with the motherboard mentioned previously to my CRT TV (Panasonic TX-28PL4 Quintrix). The motherboard has onboard graphics via dvi and vga outputs. The TV has an S-VHS plug on the front, as well as RCA Audio/Video sockets. On the rear, it has 1 spare scart input.

What are your thoughts?

A:Graphics Card/Onboard Graphics for Media Centre PC

the graphics card listed in my specs may only be 64MB, but it surprisingly runs aero.
If that seems to be not quite what you're looking for, another card I would recommend is the nvidia 8400GS. It may be 512MB, but thats about as high as it's specs go, but you will need a more powerful PSU (300W+). The 8400GS is about ?30 and a vga to RCA adapter seems to be about ?5 (i recommend you buy the adapter before the card).
The one in my specs just has a VGA port, but the 8400GS has vga, dvi and hdmi (i think the hdmi may need some further cabling in the case, not sure though)

NB (the card listed in my system specs may actually be the GeForce 7200GS, all system information programs tell me that it could be both and there's no sticker on it. all i know for (kinda) certain is that its 64MB )

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/158089-graphics-card-onboard-graphics-media-centre-pc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a H535 and added a PCI GeForce GT610 that will support up to 2 monitors. I can get both onboard and PCI to work using 3 monitors, except when I have to turn off the computer.  Then the onboard graphics card fails to activate.   Here is what I have to do to get it working correctly again (I call it "the shuffle").Turn off computerUnplug PCI cardTurn on computer (boots using onboard graphics)Turn off computerInstall PCI cardTurn on computer Then everything works fine again until I have to turn off the computer at which point I have to do the shuffle again.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H535-using-graphics-card-and-onboard-graphics-after-reboot/td-p/3372482
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently purchased an Acer Veriton M G desktop which has an i - processor Windows Pro bit and Intel HD to PCI-E Graphics to HD graphics install disable how card Intel Graphics listed as the video card I also purchased a PNY nVIDIA Quadro FX PCI-E card for improved picture editing and home video viewing and editing I have already replaced the original wattt how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card power supply to a watt Antec Truepower I had on hand and boosted the RAM to gigs from the original Question Am I getting any improvement in visual quality or system speed with the Quadro or is it a waste of money and I should just save up to buy a bigger video card This card was on sale for If I am getting improvement then I need to ask another question Question Instructions for the Quadro installation are as follows --Uninstall the existing VGA driver -Remove the existing Display Driver via quot Add or Remove Porgrams quot -Shut down your computer --Remove your Existing Graphics Board or Disable Integrated D Graphics Controller skipping instructions on how to remove existing graphics board -Systems with integrated also know as on-board D graphics may require you to disable the integrated D graphics system Consult the owners or vendor manual that came with your PC on how to properly do this So how do I disable the onboard just uninstall the driver The only driver how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card I can find on the uninstall menu is quot Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver quot does this sound correct I did find the option in BIOS and it is currently grayed out I assume it will activate when it senses another graphics card Acer wants me to access their Pay for support system to learn how to disable the onboard so I m searching elsewhere now Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card

It's likely to be an improvement, but check it and see.
Onboard graphics are disabled in the BIOS (Try looking under "Integrated Peripherals" or something similar.
You probably don't need to do this, but it's nice to know how.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-intel-hd-graphics-to-install-pci-e-graphics-card.942178/
Relevancy 47.3%

What I really want to know is how to disable my Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, so that I can swap to Intel HD on-board graphics.

This is so I can compare the two on their Windows Experience Index.

Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

I just plugged my monitor into the new card (HD4770) and it works, did not disable or uninstall the integrated graphics. the integrated is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE chipset. The performance index went higher on paper but other than having better resolution I don't see a huge improvment. I still have video lag trying to watch streaming hd movies and my new camera (Panasonic Lumix ZS7) wont play video in HD over my computer. Must I disable and even uninstall the old integrated graphics too or am I missing something else?

A:I just installed a new graphics card, must I disable the old integrated graphics?

Have a look in your bios to see if it has an option to boot from pci-e or intergrated.
What is the motherboard you are using?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/281312-i-just-installed-new-graphics-card-must-i-disable-old-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Friends,

Lately I have been having graphics problems in games. There are these " artifacts", wierd shapes, triangles, ect that appear and "shot" through my screen. it is hard to explain what it looks like, except that it is NOT normal.

It is hard to say when these appeared. I have recently got a different monitor. It is not new. It is a Dell CRT monitor. I replaced 1 CRT with another because I am cheap .

I have the latest drivers, I think, for my graphics card ( GeForce 5700 LE ). Not great , but not terrible. I play the games with either low or medium settings. I ran a benchmark test that was terrible.

Any ideas as to weather it is the card or monitor?

Relevancy 46.87%

HP DV6000 notebook,
has a nvidia go 7200 vid card

was having issues with secondary monitor, so went to reinstall the drivers. a bunch of posts suggested using these custom video drivers from http://www.tweakforce.com and i foolishly figured it couldn't break anything.

Restarted after install to no image and post beeps: one long and 3 short which im assuming is something video related.

I pulled the hd figuring i would just delete the driver files, but even with the hd unplugged i get the same beep which leads me to believe that the driver install somehow altered the bios.

Suggestions? i don't even know a way to reset a notebook bios.

A:Installed bad graphics drivers, unbootable notebook

I should note that i think it had a phoenix bios, though not 100%

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-bad-graphics-drivers-unbootable-notebook.136312/
Relevancy 46.87%

HP DV6500zCTO Notebook upgraded to Win 7
Suddenly a few days back the "aero" effects stopped working. I traced it back to an error on the graphics driver.
I have removed the driver, ram driver sweep to remove all traces, downloaded new version from Nvida, allowed Windows 7 Update to find driver and all continue to fail with the same error.
Was thinking of running "repair/Update" but I have SP1 installed and it won't run from DVD with SP1 installed.

A:Error code 43 from graphics driver HP notebook

Check for Supportede Drivers for HP Notebooks here:
Finding Software and Drivers After Changing the Operating System to Windows 7 HP Pavilion dv6500z CTO Entertainment Notebook PC - HP technical support (United Kingdom - English)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/159893-error-code-43-graphics-driver-hp-notebook.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Hp 15-ac107nq notebook which has a amd radeon r5 m300 graphics card.The problem is that the driver provided by HP doesn't work.I downloaded sp72646.exe file from here: http://support.hp.com/ro-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac100-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/1028280...Corresponding to windows 7 64 bit version of the driver.After all the files are extracted and the setup is supposed to start, nothing happens.I noticed some processes running in the background but nothing appeared on the screen even after half an hour.I thought that it might be a .net issue so I Installed .net 4.5 framework but I had the same issue with the installer.Afterwards I tried installing the amd's official website driver for this graphics card but obviously it doesn't work.Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hp-15-ac107nq-notebook-GRAPHICS-DRIVER-NOT-WORKING/td-p/5790691
Relevancy 46.87%

I've just purchased the HP Notebook - 15-ac115tu and I'm interested to know if I can add a graphics card to my laptop in order to play games.

A:Graphics Upgrade Options for HP Notebook - 15-ac115tu

Hi, No, you can't add any video card to your machine. No where to add. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Graphics-Upgrade-Options-for-HP-Notebook-15-ac115tu/td-p/5710988
Relevancy 46.87%

I have the following doesn't modes. switch graphics Notebook notebook I recently upgraded to Windows Proffesional x I used the Asus CD to install all Asus stuff Even the ones I don t need My notebook as two graphics cards The default Intel Onboard card and the more powerful GB nVidia GeForce GT M GB video Notebook doesn't switch graphics modes. card Before the upgrade which was a clean install when I played a game left dead Notebook doesn't switch graphics modes. call of duty black ops Notebook doesn't switch graphics modes. the notebook automatically switched from the Intel to the Nvidia graphics card But it doesn t anymore I have read that my notebook used Nvidia Optimus technology to do this Although I can t seem to be able to solve the problem Here is my TSG SysInfo log Code Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc N Jf Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I bought this laptop as a second hand amd recognizing radeon graphics dv7 notebook not Pavilion laptop and the guy who sold it to me formatted all of the computer Therefore all of the previously installed drivers and OS was erased He installed windows got all the drivers from Driverpack Solution but the laptop got two versions of graphics drivers One is Intel HD graphics and the other one Pavilion dv7 notebook not recognizing amd radeon graphics is AMD Radeon M series Both of which are installed properly recognized Pavilion dv7 notebook not recognizing amd radeon graphics by the system and running at the same But the computer somehow would only use the Intel graphics and discard the other one I tried uninstalling the Intel Graphics and only use the AMD but when I rebooted the pc it seemed like the computer doesnt have a grahics driver at all I right click with Pavilion dv7 notebook not recognizing amd radeon graphics my mouse at the desktop and clearly I can enter the AMD catalyst control center and it shows that it has the M graphics but the computer is not actually using it at all It would only use Intel Graphics nbsp nbsp I tried downloading the latest version of the AMD driver and install it but it doesnt work either nbsp So whats the problem here nbsp Product Number nbsp LW UAR ABAModel DV - CL

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-dv7-notebook-not-recognizing-amd-radeon-graphics/td-p/5651866
Relevancy 46.44%

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 1545
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I checked the ratings of my components and they came out like this (scale of 1.0 to 7.9):
Processor: 5.5
Memory (RAM): 5.5
Graphics: 3.9
Gaming Graphics: 3.4
Primary hard disk: 5.8

What do I need to do to improve the graphics of my laptop? Do I need to get a new laptop?

*Additional information: I live stream on twitch.tv and I want a good set up for gaming preferably on the computer I currently have. Some of the games I try to play have a lot of lag during the streams and I tried everything to reduce it, but I think it is just my graphics card isn't strong enough. If you want to check out my stream here is the link: www.twitch.tv/diirtyxweezy

A:Do I need a new processor to improve my graphics or do I just need a new graphics card?

This laptop is not a great gaming laptop. There's nothing you can upgrade on it. If you are serious about gaming, use a up-gradable desktop PC or be prepared to spend a great deal more money on a gaming laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-new-processor-to-improve-my-graphics-or-do-i-just-need-a-new-graphics-card.187802/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through graphics not graphics card Onboard detected device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt m and one more thing In one of the game I Onboard graphics detected not graphics card checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change it can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

A:Onboard graphics detected not graphics card

Hi , The option is the one where the nvidia card and intel on-board are shown, and the BIOS should select the nvidia card as priority if it can, and has a choice.
It's sometimes known as 'Primary Video' & the option is called PEG.
Make sure you save the settings when you exit or they won't be changed from before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-graphics-detected-not-graphics-card.182102/
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently received a BS error from my graphics card. After uninstalling it and using the most up to date AMD Graphics Drivers to reinstall my graphics card in hopes that it fixed the issue, it cause the BS to come back. I then Uninstalled the graphics card again and now I am stuck.

I have no idea what I am doing but my goal is to get my graphics card working on my computer properly again. If anyone can help, it will be very much appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/394286-using-amd-graphics-drivers-reinstall-my-graphics-card-causes-bs.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My Nvidia graphics card has a small cooling fan that is not always working right and I want to uninstall that card and use the
onboard graphics that was installed when i first got the desktop. Will the onboard graphics take the place of the uninstalled card or will I have to reinstall the graphic desktop before I unstalled the bad graphics card.

Relevancy 46.44%

I just picked up an HP dx2000 desktop computer that has the "Intel Extreme Graphics 2" onboard video card. Im trying to play World of Warcraft on the machine and it is a bit jumpy due to what I assume is the graphics card. The system has 1Gb of RAM so I dont believe it has anything to do with the RAM.

My question is, will my system benifit from a PCI graphics card or is the bus too slow for PCI to show any type of improvement? The only reason I say PCI is because the system does not have an AGP slot.

Thanks!

Relevancy 46.44%

My computer Simultaneously and Card Graphics Onboard Use Graphics a Dell Inspiron desktop Use Graphics Card and Onboard Graphics Simultaneously has a VGA port and an HDMI port built onto the motherboard for integrated graphics I have recently installed an Nvidia GeForce GB dedicated graphics card and it has DVI ports and mini-HDMI port I have a DVI monitor and a VGA monitor DVI-VGA adapter used connected to the graphics card I was trying to connect a projector to the VGA port on the onboard graphics but I couldn t get it to use the onboard graphics with the card installed In BIOS gt Advanced gt Graphics Options there is one setting Intel Multiple Monitor something It has two options Auto and Disabled currently Auto Its in-BIOS description states that it can use both onboard and dedicated cards to run multiple monitors However no luck Windows has shown a third monitor in the display settings with a bunch of quot Attempt VGA Connection quot options Selecting one and choosing Extend Desktop opens a quot Unable to Save Settings quot error Ubuntu does nothing to recognize anything Is it possible to use both the onboard and Nvidia graphics together Or am I better off buying a mini-HDMI to VGA adapter and connecting it to the Nvidia card and the projector Thanks for reading all my extended description PS I would like to get this working in Ubuntu currently but getting it in Windows and Ubuntu would be a bonus nbsp

A:Use Graphics Card and Onboard Graphics Simultaneously

Most of the time, no. Installing an addon card disables the onboard chipset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-graphics-card-and-onboard-graphics-simultaneously.1111649/
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently got a bare bones system that I have put together When I turn on the computer though there is no video at all The fans and lights and harddrives and the LCD on the front of the case all come on but my moniter doesn t seem to be getting a signal of any kind There is no sound like the beeps that would say that it is going through the boot up process I have checked this computer out on another moniter as well as testing the video card in another computer Same results with the moniter and the video card works fine in the other computer It is a Asus K V-MX motherboard and an AMD Sempron processor I was extremly careful with these so there would be no electrostatic discharge I obviously cannot change the BIOS as I can t see them so does anyone have any suggestions for me Thanks a lot P padyn View Public Profile Send a private message to padyn Find More Posts by padyn Add padyn to Your Buddy List Add padyn to Your Ignore List Reply Options Reply Reply w Quote Edit Delete nbsp

A:no video card graphics nor online graphics

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

What is the ram & psu make and model?
Try clearing the cmos, per MoBo book.
First check to see that you used MoBo's stand off's correctly and
that the MoBo is not shorting out on the case.
Do a bare setup, only the essentials. Can be done with or without case.

1.cpu heatsink/fan
2.MoBo
3.1 stick of known good ram
4.video card
5. keyboard
6.monitor

Un-hook all power & data cables (except the power to MoBo)
remove all addin cards.
This is just to get you to the bios screen.
Failing this, try booting without any ram just to see if you get any error
beep codes, same with video card.

This should help getting some trouble shooting in order.
G'Luck and let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-card-graphics-nor-online-graphics.46486/
Relevancy 46.44%

I currently have two monitors connected and was wondering if the graphics card able to support a four monitor display without any issues.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Is-the-current-graphics-card-Integrated-graphics-using-ATI/td-p/5742906
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay so I ve just had to turn my graphics card off This is because the problem that has plagued me (Graphics Corruption Graphics Card) Problem for the better part of the year has gotten worse The problem THIS This first started in the first Q of the year During a game HL GarrysMod the graphics screwed up The thing is when I got back to desktop everything worked works fine Just the graphics are b ggered royally After an email exchange with the sellers of the graphics card An Abit Radeon SE Dabs I got them to take it back and quot fix quot it By quot fix quot I meant that after using the quot fixed quot card for a while a couple few months it happened again around September So I asked them again but the warranty had expired so no Graphics Corruption Problem (Graphics Card) help Graphics Corruption Problem (Graphics Card) there So I simply didn t play any games Apart from a small period of time in October Where it worked for some reason then started screwing up again I haven t been able to play any D games I then reasoned that it struggled on the D factor So I started playing D games like CnC RA and Baldurs Gate But then recently they started to screw up too So I stopped playing games But now tonight the card started screwing up on the desktop So I disabled the card More information While the card was away getting quot fixed quot my stepdad lent me a spare card of his which he no longer has an Nvidia When i put it in the motherboard wouldn t recognise it So we did everything we reinstalled windows we did the drivers again and we finally came to the conclusion that it was the motherboard So we put in a new mobo and it worked This card worked without a hitch I believe that this may have been caused by not uninstalling the previous drivers before putting in the new card However what I want to know is Was this error caused definitely by the card And will I have to get a new mobo when I get my new graphics card Christmas YAY I would like help and advice Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I am using 10.18.14.4414  Intel-HD driver for my  HP 15-r061ne Notebook . It has Nvidia Graphis card2GB and 6GB of Ram but while using just chrome for browsing system hangs and shows error with display driver. I tried updating the driver from below URL but that didn't workhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-r000-notebook-pc-series/6875200/model/7368365?... Tried installing driver from Intel sitehttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24973/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit But nothing worked out. Went to HP service center got to know that my PC isn't under warranty and the representative was suspecting some Hrdware issue. I tired HP hardware diagnostics and everything is working fine as per the utility. Now I have disabled Intel driver but ater that I am not able to adjust the brighntness of the screen, it is more than 100% kind of directly powered. Any help will be appreciated 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-15-r061ne-Notebook-PC-ENERGY-STAR-Intel-HD-graphics/td-p/5778202
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all!

New to the forum so kindly excuse any noob-ish behaviour.

The issue is this:
Sony notebook (model PCG-9R6M), running Win XP. Recently formatted hard drive and re-installed Windows. Now I've been issued with a generic display driver and it's not performing up to the standard it was previously.

I need to find out how to identify my graphics driver (preferably without trying to open up my laptop)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
juce_255

A:sony PCG-9R6M notebook graphics driver issue

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

Download this and it will give you every bit of info you need...keep it for future problems

If you need further help post your mobo details which are under "mainboard"

Edit...did you reinstall your motherboard drivers as well after the format?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-pcg-9r6m-notebook-graphics-driver-issue.562860/
Relevancy 46.44%

I purchased my HP ENVY 15t-k000 CTO Notebook PC Graphics Driver keeps crashing after Windows 10 upgrade.  The driver that HP says I should update to will not upload and gives me this error message.  I guess the laptop has a special driver that was put in the Costco laptops.  My current driver is Intel HD Graphics 4600.  It constantly crashes.  HELP!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-ENVY-15t-k000-CTO-Notebook-PC-Graphics-Driver-keeps/td-p/5619473
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello to all,

I am unable to view the screen on my Sony Vaio model PCG-370 laptop. It powers up well and I can make out that the O/S is loading properly, however, the screen display is all "scratchy". In your opinion, is my video/graphics card dead? And if so, is there any way to repair/replace the parts myself or do I absolutely need to go to a service center and pay a crapload of money?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-pcg-f370-notebook-graphics-problem.376947/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Ive had a problem for a little while with my girlfriends laptop nbsp nbsp HP Pavilion Notebook - z-p CTO ENERGY STAR AMD AMD-Radeon graphics HD g r M -Windows drivers fro... work with HP wont Pavilion graphics Notebook any bit previously Win bit nbsp nbsp The laptop isnt working for buisness or pleasure because HP Pavilion Notebook wont work with any graphics drivers fro... none of the graphics drivers from Hp and Ive tried them all are working properly nbsp We upgraded the laptop to windows a while back and we learned that apparently doing that makes it so the recovery harddrive that came with it wont work I tried factory resetting but that didnt HP Pavilion Notebook wont work with any graphics drivers fro... work at all HP Pavilion Notebook wont work with any graphics drivers fro... leaving me no choice but to reinstall windows fresh Obviously thats not how it was shipped to me as I assume its missing crutial HP installs and such to make the switchable graphics work nbsp Ive ordered the media to revert back to factory settings but my question is is that even going to work It seems like after windows came out the drivers for my specific laptop and other people that ive read about just wont work for switchable graphics nbsp nbsp AMD and Microsoft both say to talk to HP So that being said here I am What is someone to do with a crippled computer that was still fairly recently purchased when all of the video drivers wont work Ive gone through HP assistant ive gone through the hp website and downloaded everything individually but still with no luck nbsp I look forward to hearing from someone

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-wont-work-with-any-graphics-drivers/td-p/5634858
Relevancy 46.01%

my computer is AGP DDR can i use DDR2 or DDR3 card's in my computer?

A:AGP DDR graphics card to DDR2 graphics card

Your motherboard RAM and the video card's RAM can be different. So it won't be a problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-ddr-graphics-card-to-ddr2-graphics-card.94126/
Relevancy 45.58%

Recently I noticed that my resolution was maxed at and i couldnt go any higher than disabled cant blank screen graphics now and Solved: accidently card, card re-enable that and in all of my frustration and attempts to figure out why this was occuring i managed to disable my graphics card and now upon startup everything seems fine while the windows XP logo loading page is up then when the blue screen should Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card appear and the desktop all i get is a blank screen It seems like the comp is startin properly just that i have no graphics Ive tried to go into safe mode but while it begins to Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card load it then stops at agp sys which i then disabled in the recovery console but then it just stops at the Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card previous process and so on Does anyone know how I can re-enable my graphics card or fix this problem about not being able to get into safe mode I cant find anywhere in BIOS where I can re-enable it I ve also taken out the mobo batt and reset CMOS settings but still no go Any help would be hugely appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accidently-disabled-graphics-card-now-blank-screen-and-cant-re-enable-card.598471/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have lost my cd rom windows will not acknowledge that it is there although on start up is is shown as being found. thanks for the help with the video card.

A:lost cd-romdrive while installing graphics card card doesn,t work right either

Welcome to the forum Ray and Julia,

Recheck all the cables and make sure they are plugged in properly.

When you install a new video card you have to remove ALL drivers for the old card.
Uninstall the drivers for the old card in Add/Remove Programs and if you don't have the option there, check in Control Panel/Device Manager and make sure there are not 2 cards showing under Display Adapters. If the old one is still showing, Highlight it and click Remove.

Uninstall the new video card drivers, restart then re-install the new drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-cd-romdrive-while-installing-graphics-card-card-doesn-t-work-right-either.63047/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so I just recently got a Dell optiplex GX PC that has- nbsp Intel core quad processor GHz GB ram GB hard drive kinda small i know i m looking to upgrade that as well I m posting this here to see if anyone knows mainly what graphics tower!) card GX Dell for Graphics a video (not card 755 & mini the Optiplex card i could get that would make my PC gaming friendly It doesn t have to be the most amazing stellar quality card out there since iv had some people tell me that you cant upgrade these PCs much But just some good quality advice on the subject and maybe a recommendation on what card brand to get as well as the specs for it Also a recommendation for a Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) video card would be greatly appreciated as well Sorry for my ignorance on on the subject i am new to the PC world I ended up having to get this computer in a pinch because I am a small time graphics design artist Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) and my laptop died and I had orders coming in I m not looking for a quick fix to the problem so even if anyone has a solution that may take a bit or quite a few steps to get underway the help is still greatly welcomed I am hoping if its at all possible to make a good situation out of this and maybe build this PC to fit my needs Thank you to anyone who can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989375
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so I just recently got a Dell optiplex GX PC that has- nbsp Intel core quad processor GHz GB ram GB hard tower!) card for mini video & a Dell 755 card GX Graphics the Optiplex (not drive kinda small i know i m looking to upgrade that as well I m posting this here to see if anyone knows mainly what graphics card i could get that would make my PC gaming friendly It doesn t have to be the most amazing stellar quality card out there since iv had some people tell me that you cant upgrade these PCs much But just some good quality advice on the subject and maybe a recommendation on what card brand to get as well as the specs for it Also a recommendation for a video card would be greatly appreciated as well Sorry for my ignorance on on the subject i am new to the PC world I ended up having to get this computer in a pinch because I am a small time graphics design artist and my laptop died and I had orders coming in I m not looking for a quick fix to the problem so even if anyone has a solution that may take a bit or Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) quite a few steps to get underway the help is still greatly welcomed I am hoping if its at all possible to make a good situation out of this and maybe build this PC to fit my needs Thank you to anyone who can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989376
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello and thank you for checking out my post nbsp My apologies for writing a book but I'm hoping to give as much detail as needed the first go round nbsp I just received my custom-built T s -CTO and have a couple technical questions concerns about it nbsp The details of my configuration are located at the bottom of this post nbsp First off Card Nvidia Card T420s Graphics Question... Express & one of the deciding factors of my purchase was the discrete graphics card nbsp On the T s I chose NVIDIA NVS M Optimus Graphics GB Intel Core i - M Processor nbsp I was thrilled to have more than MB of dedicated graphics memory for my T420s Nvidia Graphics Card & Express Card Question... games nbsp Upon receiving my laptop though I ran the Windows Experience Index and saw that the T420s Nvidia Graphics Card & Express Card Question... lowest score was the graphics card which is identified as Intel HD Graphics Family and has MB of dedicated graphics memory nbsp After my heart started beating again I checked Device Manager and found under Display both Intel HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA NVS M listed as working with up-to-date drivers nbsp When I configured the laptop online there was no mention of hybrid graphics so I'm not sure why I have an Intel Graphics card on the machine nbsp My current laptop that I was looking to replace is a T p with a NVIDIA Quadro FX M graphics card and only that NVIDIA card is shown under Device Manager and in the Windows Experience Performance Information nbsp Thinking that perhaps disabling the Intel card would cause the NVIDIA card to take over I disabled that through Device Manager nbsp My screen went black and after feeling quite stupid I rebooted my computer nbsp The default Windows Display driver kicked in allowing me to see well enough to get back to Device Manager and enable the Intel Graphics nbsp I counted myself lucky that I wasn't stuck with a working computer with a blank screen but I'm still confused about why the NVIDIA card isn't the only display adapter on the machine and why it isn't the default main adapter nbsp Most importantly will it be usable to run my games nbsp My second question is regarding the PCI ExpressCard slot nbsp My aim for this machine was to have a HDD to store my data I selected the GB RPM HDD and a SSD to boot and run my programs from nbsp Another reason for choosing this machine was the comment on Lenovo's site stating that a user booted his T s from a solid state drive in the PCI ExpressCard slot which was exactly was I was looking for nbsp I need the CD DVD drive so I can't put the second hard drive in a caddy nbsp During configuration I chose the option for an Express Card Slot amp in Card Reader amp Smart Card Reader nbsp From what I can tell the Express Card slot is not connected to the Card Readers and I will not lose use of those ports nbsp When I opened the computer up to install more RAM I saw what is labeled in Lenovo's hardware manual as the Express Card slot apparently empty - which is great nbsp Now I need to figure out what kind of SSD to look for and on that I'm kinda lost I'm guessing that my ExpressCard slot is mm and PCI form factor rather than USB but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a not-incredibly-educated guess nbsp I'm also not sure where mSATA comes into play for me if at all nbsp Looking at SSDs on sites such as newegg com I'm unsure of what form factor to choose - ExpressCard PCI-E mSATA and or nbsp ----- nbsp The tech specs of my configured T s copy pasted from the order status are as follows nbsp I hope this means more to you than it does to me nbsp Part A nbsp nbsp VBB INTCRI - MPR GHZ M nbsp nbsp VBB GENWIN HOMEPREM nbsp nbsp nbsp which ultimately doesn't matter as I'll be booting from Windows Enterprise on my SSD A nbsp nbsp SBB GW HP US ENGLISH A nbsp nbsp SBB HD LDBCKLTANTGLDSPMBBBRD A nbsp nbsp SBB NVD PNS OPG GBICI - MP M nbsp nbsp VBB GBPC - DDR SODMM nbsp nbsp nbsp which has been removed and replaced by two GB st... Read more

A:T420s Nvidia Graphics Card & Express Card Question...

The T420s with Nvidia GPU has two graphics card that can switch on the fly, if you only want the discrete gpu, just go into your bios menu under graphics there is an option to select discrete.With the Nvidia Optimus (which is what you have), it can switch between Nvidia and Intel GPU depending on your application needs. This will allow you to conserve battery or power. Expresscard slot 34 mm slot is occupied by the card reader that you ordered. What you are talking about within the ram slot cover, is the mPCIe slot, which can be occupied by a mSATA drive. http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T420s-T400s-T410s-removal-of-4-in-1-SD-card-...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420s-Nvidia-Graphics-Card-amp-Express-Card-Questions/td-p/483519
Relevancy 45.58%

Hiya,

trying to resolve an issue with my homebuilt computer crashing while playing games. I had an HIS Radeon 5770 installed. I removed it and put in a Radeon 6670. When I powered the computer up, I got "no signal" on my display. I removed the new card and put in the old card again. "no signal"

I tried both in another PCIe slot. "no signal"

For the record, I have a Rampage III Formula mobo. There's no onboard video, so I can't try the computer without a video card.

Help?

A:Installed new Graphics card, now neither new nor old card sends signal to display

Have you tried clearing the mobo's CMOS (including battery removal) ?
Did you test the HD 5770 in another machine to see if it was indeed failing ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-graphics-card-now-neither-new-nor-old-card-sends-signal-to-display.192721/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Alienware m14x laptop with a GeForce GT 650M graphics card, but lately my games have been recognizing the "Intel HD graphics 4000" as my graphics card.

Anyway to disable the intel card without messing anything else up?

A:Games only recognizing Intel graphics card, but using a real card

I don't know to much about Alienware computers. But the first place I would look is in the BIOS. My old T400 had an option in there to disable the integrated or discrete graphics cards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/293282-games-only-recognizing-intel-graphics-card-but-using-real-card.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My friend had been having some trouble with his graphics card it kept crashing during games and eventually seemed to burn out all together So he bought a new one When he installed it the network was gone he had to reinstall his network card drivers then he updated his graphics card drivers Everything seems peachy He loaded up starcraft II and the game crashes to desktop everytime He can t even select a mode to play So he uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them Now the game loaded at work dont' and same card network card time. the graphics up just fine and he can play BUT when network card and graphics card dont' work at the same time. it loads up the network crashes and he has to reinstall the network drivers After the computer restarts he loaded up starcraft II and now it crashes again So it seems like everytime he updates the network drivers it screws up the graphics card and everytime he updates the graphics card drivers it network card and graphics card dont' work at the same time. screws up the network card I ve never heard of a problem like this so I m at a loss to help nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I just bought a Dell Dimension E520 with the Intel Media Accelerator X3000. I then bought the EVGA 7600GT 256-P2-N615-TX Rvideo card and want to install it. I hear that you have to first disable the integrated graphics card. I will be installing the the video card in the PCI-e slot. If anyone can give me detailed instructions on doing this please reply.

Dimension E520
Pentium® D Processor 925 (3GHz, 800FSB)
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000

A:Installing Video Card Over Integrated Graphics Card

Depending on your computer as soon as you install the video card it may disable the onboard video. If you install the new card and it doesn't work then you will have to acess the BIOS and disable it from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-video-card-over-integrated-graphics-card.77243/
Relevancy 45.15%

what VGA coolers do you reccomend? (that do not attatch to the card)

My Gainward 6800Gt 2400\2ns, is a nice card and has quite chunky cooling, it does run quite hot and would like to cool it down for o/c purposes.

Incase you havnt seen the Gainward cards they are coverd in a chassis with 2 60mm fans which makes putting any other cooling on it hard, (however one side is exposed apart from the baseplate).

I was wondering if anyone new of anything to aid my graphics card.

Cheers, Alex

P.S= here are some pics

A:help with any graphics card cooling (that doesnt attatch to the card)

That looks like it should cool the card really well. I have a VGA Silencer on mine. It replaces the stock HSF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-any-graphics-card-cooling-that-doesnt-attatch-to-the-card.28924/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello there I am doing some work for a friend on his after installing onboard graphics signal from card No card OR new PCI-e new-ish HP computer The specs it shipped with are HP Pavillion p p Aloe H-RS -uATX motherboard AMD Athlon II X processor GB DDR memory Integrated ATI No signal from PCI-e card OR onboard graphics after installing new card radeon HD graphics watt No signal from PCI-e card OR onboard graphics after installing new card Bestec power supply He wanted to upgrade the graphics for gaming and ended up purchasing an XFX ATI Radeon HD brand new Because it recommended a W power supply he also purchased a second-hand-but-tested L amp C brand W power supply He first replaced the power supply and reconnected all the elements of the motherboard and the hard disk and optical drive and then booted up and everything worked and displayed just fin with the onboard graphics BUT After installing the XFX ATI Radeon HD in the PCI-e slot he hooked the monitor to the DVI ouput on the card and rebooted the computer appeared to reboot normally and all fans and lights were running appropriately but no signal at all during the whole process from the graphics card Not too unusual right But He powered down took the graphics card back out and reconnected his monitor to the onboard graphics then booted back up This time even though it had booted successfully in this configuration just a few minutes previously with perfect monitor signal he got the quot no signal quot from the monitor We have since worked on this problem quite a bit to the extent of our abilities The XFX card works like a dream when inserted into my computer So does his monitor But no configuration of power supplies original or higher-powered second-hand or graphics output ports seems to be able to send a signal to his monitor Have also tried using a VGA cable in addition to the DVI or turning the monitor on before the computer Have also tried putting my old PCI cardin his computer and no output through it either The last confusing element of this problem is that the lack of signal is not consistent more like When I arrived to take a look at the computer today he booted the computer up with the new graphics card and the new power supply both installed and voila we got an image on the monitor showing the bootup screen and about five seconds of Windows beginning to boot Then boom it cut out with a quot no signal quot and we haven t been able to coax the signal back yet Any ideas There s only so much I can possibly do without a functioning display Please let me know any thought you may have as this leaves us scratching out heads If you need any more information from me please ask nbsp

A:No signal from PCI-e card OR onboard graphics after installing new card

Maybe a loose connection in computer or cable/monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-from-pci-e-card-or-onboard-graphics-after-installing-new-card.976593/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I've got this motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP.
I just went looking around the BIOS, and found out how to use my other monitor (connected via VGA port on motherboard) but not how to use both my graphics card and motherboard internal graphics (Graphics card for main display and motherboard display for alternate display) at the same time. I read that some motherboards can do this, and I would think that mine could, due to it being quite a good motherboard, but am I missing something? I can't seem to find it!

And help/answers will be awesome.

PS. the 2nd monitor is ONLY VGA and my graphics card only has ports for HDMI and DVI, I do have an adapter... for HDMI to DVI... Damn...

PSS. If im unclear, ask in the reply section.

Thanks Again!

A:How to use both graphics card and motherboard graphics at once?

Depending on what Graphics Card you have ... You should be able to run two Monitors of the one Card ...

As for using the Internal and another Graphics Card at the same time ...

That is not possible ... Though it is true that your Motherboard supports Switchable Graphics ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/348360-how-use-both-graphics-card-motherboard-graphics-once.html
Relevancy 44.72%

If I have onboard graphics am I able to buy a new graphics card and put that in along side the onboard graphics or will that not? If it doesn't am I able to uninstall the onboard graphics?

Thankyou

A:Graphics card and onboard graphics

Welcome to the forum. Without your motherboard details I would say you can most mb will let you do it

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127932-graphics-card-onboard-graphics.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

An unlikely thing, maybe? I have an 8Mb onboard graphics. I also have available a spare 8Mb Matrox graphics card.

Is it at all possible (without the use of extensive electronics tinkering) to connect the memory of one of these to make, say, a 16Mb graphics capability?

Just seems a waste of a decent graphics card!

Yours curiously

Moozer

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey i recently invested in a 1gb asus gtx 550 ti graphics card, but for some reason the total memory is 4046mb ?

I'm using:
m5a78L motherboard
8GB corsair RAM
AMD phenom II x 4 3.4ghz

I experience quite bad flickering in games that makes them unplayable. Tried old and new graphics drivers to no avail... please help

A:New graphics card - low graphics memory ?

The total memory shown is not your actualy gpu memory,i thought it was something like shared system memory,so no need to worry about that.About your flickering problem,can be due to alot of things.Make sure all your cables are connected tightly,and i would uninstall all your mobo,gpu drivers and get the newest ones,make sure you install directX latest version aswell.

Edit:Nevermind all that,ive just read your other threads and i think the best thing to do is to reinstall windows and start from scratch.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/191739-new-graphics-card-low-graphics-memory.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i am new to the "gaming" world and i would like clarification on the difference between a graphics card and a graphics accelerator. On the box for the game , it says "16 mb graphics accelerator".If i already have a Vooodo 2(4mb), can i just get a 16mb video card or do i have to spend a $150 for a graphics accelerator?

A:Graphics card vs graphics accelerator.

There basically the same thing just different names as far as I am concerned. A graphics card accelerates the graphics processing

You need a card with 16meg on board memory, that's low by todays standard, I would get a minimum of 32.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-vs-graphics-accelerator.56324/
Relevancy 44.72%

I was wondering is it possible to use onboard graphics from my motherboard and use my graphics card at the same time? Also my motherboard states that the onboard graphics is dependent on the cpu. What exactly does this mean how does my cpu effect the onboard graphics

A:Can I use onboard graphics with graphics card

No, usually one can't use both onboard and add-in graphics adapters, by adding the plug-in card the onboard automatically gets disabled, at least on all the computers I've done it with.

Some newer CPUs do have things combined such as AMD CPUs that include ATI video, usual quick explanation of making things that way is for speed. AMD owns ATI Graphics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/343573-can-i-use-onboard-graphics-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi. I have recently aquired a very old computer (8-9 years old). I am looking at replacing the old agp graphics card because it is not working properly and then sell the computer for quite a low price. Any way.

I have looked in the case and took the card out and I belive that the graphics card slot is agp 2x. The card has two slots in it leading me to belive that it is a universal 1.5v 3.3v card. I am just wondering what cards my computer would accept and whether a 4x card would work ok in a 2x card slot.

Any help apreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys Some time ago I purchased after BSOD (second graphics card card!) install a Asus Nvidia GeForce GT Graphics Card and immediately after installing it I encountered BSOD issues I tried the numerous guides on how to potentially sort this online uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia programs drivers in certain orders but never fixed the problem Sadly I lost the box and receipt so it s now a paperweight Now I decided to cut my BSOD after graphics card install (second card!) losses and try a completely different card in the hope that the problem would no longer happen Not wanting to use Nvidia again I opted for the Sapphire Radeon R All was well for the first day however I then got a BSOD Sadly this has now continued time after time I tried getting Display Driver Uninstaller and uninstalling all BSOD after graphics card install (second card!) the drivers that it allowed me to I am currently running the PC with no graphics card driver as far as I can tell and I just have the basic look to my Windows I came home today and once again I have had a BSOD My reason for wanting a new graphics card is that I m running a dual monitor setup when I m on the on-board graphics card with a single monitor there are no issues at all Any help is hugely appreciated thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, I just bought a Radeon HD 4650 card and when I installed it, the sound card, which is a Realtek HD audio driver (built in with the motherboard). And after the installation, the sound card no longer shows up anywhere. Its now using the radeon as the default sound source, but I have 5.1 speakers and not 7.1 (the radeon has 7.1 outputs) so that's not an alternative. I was just wondering how i can reconnect the sound card so the computer reads and is functional with it. Tips and advice would be much appreciated as the computer is a lot less fun without sound.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-graphics-card-compatability-sound-card-322336.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys.
I am planning to buy a new graphics card. The two cards that are within my budget are ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 Synergy Edition 4 GB DDR3 and Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card. Which one will be better? Or should I go for Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5?
Thanks in advance.

A:Is a 4 GB DDR3 graphics card better than a 1 GB DDR5 card?

The GT630 is a rebranded 440.

Speaking as someone who prefers NVidia's drivers, I think that the 6670 would be superior.

If you could find an HD 7750 at a reasonable price (seems to fall within the 6670 range), it would be better still.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/282507-4-gb-ddr3-graphics-card-better-than-1-gb-ddr5-card.html