Windows Support Forum

New project: LGA 775 board w/ DDR3 needed -- thoughts please?

Q: New project: LGA 775 board w/ DDR3 needed -- thoughts please?

Hello Everyone,

Been a long time browser of TS and am glad to finally join. I am looking to utilize a Q6600 processor and the following system board and RAM:

Corsair XMS3 1333MHz PC3-10666

The goal is to moderately overclock the Q6600 to 3.2 GHz. In my research, I have read many positive reviews about the stability of ASUS boards, and the DDR3 capability is significant to me. However, from what I have gathered, this board can be fussy when overclocking the CPU. Has anyone had any experience with a similar setup?

I would appreciate any thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Thank you!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New project: LGA 775 board w/ DDR3 needed -- thoughts please?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New project: LGA 775 board w/ DDR3 needed -- thoughts please?

Firstly, why do you need to overclock it? I'm guessing its more because you want to, than necessity, but my thoughts are below.

I run the exact same CPU in my system 24/7 and while it might be long in the tooth compared with most systems on here, it's certainly not lacking at stock speeds as it is.

Not sure if system specs is easily read right now, but for the sake of doubt, mine are: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 stepping (at stock OC with Corsair H50 (push/pull) providing cooling), Abit AW9D-MAX, 8GB OCZ Gold series DDR2-1066, HD6870, Antec HCG-620 PSU, a SSD and six mechanical disks.

I wouldn't call 3.2GHz a moderate OC on the Q6600, that's more like 2.8-3.0GHz. I used to have mine overclocked but the difference was so minimal (in real terms) that the additional heat it gave off and power it consumed made it pointless. I was never able to achieve 3.05GHz or above either, but I've no doubt that more experienced hands would have managed it. Overclocking is my weaker subject in the field of IT generally speaking, and I can't say I've ever really pushed the envelope very far in that regard.

Though that said, I've always found Gigabyte boards to be much more forgiving when it comes to RAM settings. Asus in my experience can be a real nightmare with recognising the default timings and voltages for RAM, and in "my experience" need much more work to achieve the same result.

Another point that needs to be considered is LGA-775 is legacy hardware now, so you'd be spending money on defunct hardware. If you have the CPU it might be better to grab a second-hand board off of eBay or something, or maybe look to something newer and more current.
Relevancy 67.08%

hi .i got a ddr2 and ddr3 on the saboard .
now what i like to know is i be using only one drive so let say that i am on ddr2 and i have bookmark .etc.etc so when i switch to ddr3 do i have all the bookmark .etc.etc that i have on ddr2 or do i have to do it on ddr3 also .
.never use one board like that before .
but really i be on ddr2 99% of the time anyway .
i do have a brand computer on ddr3 now so i be using 2 of them .
thank in advance

Relevancy 65.79%

Is anyone out there running this board I just ordered it due to the fact that I was running an EVGA SLI board but the ethernet connections went wonky It at first they wouldn t recognize my router then they would only allow certain internet related programs to work and finally I had to purchase a PCI network card just to get on the net I ve read on a few sites that this is typical for the EVGA board and that it s a hardware problem and not a software problem running most current software package - NFORCE driver package Just purchased the ASUS board and it it expected to be delivered tomorrow I had run nothing but ASUS boards in the past but the EVGA caught my eye when I upgraded prior to Christmas to dual core Maybe I should have stuck with ASUS this time around since I NEVER had a problem with their boards Any ASUS Thoughts an on Board? M2N32-SLI in the past nbsp Any Thoughts on an ASUS M2N32-SLI Board?

A:Any Thoughts on an ASUS M2N32-SLI Board?

It's an absolutely awesome board, using it myself. I've had no problems, runs cool, good overclocking (if you do that stuff), lots of options to play with, and best of all it's compatible with AMD's next generation Phenom processors (at worse you will need a BIOS update)
Relevancy 65.36%

So I don't think it would... But if I have a DDR2 board with DDR2 RAM would it make my computer unstable to put a video card with DDR3 in it?

Posted via Mobile Device

A:DDR3 video card on DDR2 board?

Memory on the video card is for the GPU (graphics chip) to store the image data. It has nothing to do with your computer ram. Note: many of todays video cards have gDDR5.... how many DDR5 motherboards are out there? None.

Issue with video card you should be concerned with is power supply and abilties to play the games you want to play.
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone...
I am new here
My pc is intel dr31pr desktop board
i want a graphic card
my system conf
dual core 2.00 GHz
2GB ddr2 RAM

so please suggest me whether the ddr3 graphic card is supported or not....
and also i chose zotac and asus 210 NVIDIA Geforce graphic card, so please suggest which is good to use...

A:Intel board dr31pr does supports ddr3 graphic card or not

yugandhar welcome to the Seven Forums.

It doesn't matter what type of memory is on the video card as it has no relation at all to what is used on the motherboard.

As far as that card you have selected, it is OK for multimedia uses but terrible for gaming. It is the lowest of the low end and even when it first came out (back in 2009), it was barely any better than the Intel graphics of the time.
Relevancy 61.92%

Is Biostar any good i know ASUS is i dont know which one to get selection project Mother custom Board for PC this one Biostar Tforce SLI ATX AM DDR NFORCE SLI PCI-E PCIE- PCI SATA Gbe Sound Motherboard http www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn TFORCE SLI amp manufacture BIOSTAR amp promoid http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Mother Board selection for custom PC project OR ASUS P NSLI ATX LGA Conroe Nforce SLI DDR PCI-E PCI-E PCI SATA RAID LAN Motherboard http forum ncix com forums index id amp msgcount amp overclockid msg The Biostar one just came out and there are no reviews for it and im just lookin for a good board but easy on the money The ASUS uses Intel CPU which i want but doesnt seem to have as much as the Biostar but the Biostar uses AMD CPU I dont know which one to get and i have around to spend on a board for a project pc im building for fun so if i get a great board for cheap i can get a PSU too Anyone got any info on these boards nbsp
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All,

I'm buying a PC for my parents to replace the gas-operated one they've been using for the past 5 years. They don't need anything too fancy, mainly to help with my mum's business and basic browsing emails etc. I did suggest a desktop - but they insist on a PC.

I've linked one PC here, it's from a shop nearish to them. They have other options here but I wondered what the thoughts were as to the first option. I don't need a graphics card as they don't game, so I presume the setup will be able to handle facebook/emails etc etc.

Obviously I don't want them to buy something which isn't up to scratch. Their needs are quite basic, but I still would like them to have something which will be good for a few years.

Anyway - opinions welcome!

A:New PC - your thoughts needed

The first one you linked would be fine. 279 pounds. G3240 processor.

Dell is as good as any manufacturer, better than most. I have no idea about your local dealer. And I don't know if that is a bargain in your location. But it's a reasonably powerful PC from a decent manufacturer.

My only qualms would be the operating system. Looks like it's Windows 8 rather than 8.1.

Your parents might be more comfortable with Windows 7, but it may be hard to find. 8.1 is supposed to be more user-friendly than 8, but I've never looked at 8.1. I wasn't amused with 8.
Relevancy 58.05%

Anyway I m just wondering 3800 No and Ideas just needed. OC X2 thoughts problems, A64 if my Overclock is anygood I am just experimenting and I was able to overclock a Stock cooling A X GHz to this A X GHz load C idle Not No problems, just Ideas and thoughts needed. OC A64 X2 3800 sure but is under C System spec Cpu above Asus A N-E Patriot g - - - clocked at DDR GT OC My settings are Cpu multiplier is x HTT is at x Cpu core is at v FSB my memory bus is MHz Like I said my ram is at DDR instead DDR I had to Slow it down so I could increase the FSB not sure if thats how it works but it does work Need more No problems, just Ideas and thoughts needed. OC A64 X2 3800 info just ask and I will tell you what you want to know Here is a picture of me using Everest to help http s photobucket com albums j Ichigo Computer stuff action view amp current Overclock jpg I am just wanting to know if I am on the right track I am currently sort of using this as a guide http www diy-street com forum showthread php t and http www diy-street com forum showthread php t Are these good to use they seem to know what they are talking about Both are about the same but the bottom is more beginner friendly I havn y finished reading either good news now If I No problems, just Ideas and thoughts needed. OC A64 X2 3800 screw like I did in the past a new X is only going to cost me nbsp

A:No problems, just Ideas and thoughts needed. OC A64 X2 3800

Well, now I have My A64 X2 3800+ Clocked at 2.4GHz on stock air cooling. I really need either A thermaltake extreme 120 cooling or sometype of water cooling system. I have thought of all the pieces that I want. I think it would work, but the total comes to about $470 most of the parts come from and My Ram is on DDR266 I think, Memory bus is 160MHz and my FSB is on 240MHz (hence the 2.4GHz). Underload is 50C idle is around 37-38C. Imma either post my water cooling ideas here or in another thread.
Relevancy 58.05%

When I play BF2 my pc would stutter(LAG) on high with other people on multiplayer. Givin my specs should this even happen,
AMD 3000, 1gig fast ram, EVGA 7800GT, 500watt PSU, brodband (R&R)

The lag stoped when on mediem, I'm gettin' a 3800 duel core. whould this solve my problem. Would I also have to get another gig of ram?

And one other problem. Every now and than(every 2 or 3 days) when i'm done playing a game my CPU will run anywhere from 35 to 65 percent. But i go to End task manager and my process's say that my CPU is at idile 99 to 98% ..... ?_? >>> -_- i dont know if its my mother board or ...

A:BF2 lags on high(just advice or thoughts are needed)

I'm running the exact same as you, just a AMD 64 3500. I get shudders the first minute or two of the game, but then everything is fine on high. I'd say at this point for you, the processor would help more than the ram. You don't want to have everything bottlenecked by the CPU. However, 2 gigs will do wonders.
Relevancy 56.76%

hello everyone,
I am about to enter my final in the university, studying Computer Science and i am looking to see if i can get help with Project topics.
Am looking at doing something that involves networking and network securities or Cyber -security...

Pls suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Help needed with Project

What does this have to do with software development?
Relevancy 55.47%

Alright lads,

bit of a question for ya, in college and have a java project was wondering any java heads out there. have to make up a sudoku grid and populate it with a possible puzzle and wanted to know what best way to code up the grid, anyone know somewhere i'd get some code as example. Really stuck so any help much appreciated

A:Java Sudoki Project Help needed
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi my name is Chris an i am currently doing a school project on the differences an opinions on many different media centers available I am basing my project around Moovida. An here is where i need your help i don't know too much about all this stuff an i need you guys to help me out to tell me what you think about this software,An how it compares to other media centers. Any help would be very appreciated Regards, Chris If you don't know what Moovida is - Here

A:Media centers project HELP NEEDED

I like the fact that Moovida is cross-platform
I'm always a fan of open source applications
Relevancy 55.04%

Me and my friend Gary started a Civ Project although the basic idea is simple the concept is a little farfetched First I should state that we both are using Macintosh OS X and are using the ASPYR Mac versions of the games Civilization IV and the Warlords Expansion We will be getting the Beyond The Sword Expansion as soon as it comes out for Mac most likely resulting in multiple updates to the project The project which we so far call Civilization Progress is so far different from the original game that if we tried a little harder we might get away with selling it as our own game but we re not even suggesting that at this time We haven t finished a lot Help Custom Needed! Warlords Project, Civilization IV: of the work we plan to do yet seeing as we just started this project around PM on Friday July th we haven t had much time to work on it Gary Civilization IV: Warlords Custom Project, Help Needed! was supposed to be working on our group website all weekend but for now lets just say he didn t get any of that done But I ll start on that as soon as I finish this thread it should be done by tonight The project is a Civ game with different game play then the previous line FIRAXIS has produced It has similar features such as online Civilization IV: Warlords Custom Project, Help Needed! play through GameSpy and custom games which can be Civilization IV: Warlords Custom Project, Help Needed! made through the WorldBuilder which in time will be separated from the Civ game and given added features to make the custom maps easier to make and it will also be given window flexibility The main game will actually be a Campaign You will start on Earth The rdPlanet in the Ancient Era and progress through the game like normal just more features will be included and the Default Civilizations will be removed We will create a screen for creating a customized civilization which allows you to upload any image from your computer as your leader image In multi-play you will upload this to your online profile held on my server Until we apply this feature Default Civilizations will be in place You will be able to research s of new technologies many which are just accompanied technologies given in the original games such as Cars or Television Also many technologies will be added in place of Future Tech The point of the campaign is to win the Planet in any of the original ways but it doesn t end there when Space technology is developed you will be able to leave the Planet into the Solar System and invade other Planets find a spot to settle on these Planets and star building up your Planetary Colonies But beware not all Planets are inhabitable and many have Alien races which have developed during your long stay on your home Planet some better equipped then you on their home worlds for instance on The thPlanet there is no oxygen yet the locals survive just fine breathing Methane A lot of the integration programing has not been completed yet as can be imagined although so far I have done several pages of paperwork for designs and additions to the game and I ve completed The thPlanet and The stPlanet aside from a few modifications I will need to make in the future I will star The rdPlanet soon which will take a significantly less amount of time then the previous ones then I will start on The ndPlanet I will be continuing the blueprints and building the Planets as I go to create less future work and then I will get into the full programming of the game Although I ve checked it out before hand and this will be somewhat simple I went from knowing nothing about how they programmed the game or how to make Mods for the game et cetera to knowing most of the processes used to develop this game and I created a ModRealm within hour on Friday night between and PM So if you would like to join the team feel free to slip in a word to me the site will be at http civ moorganhart com so drop by and check it out when I have it up later or just send me a comment here You can also j... Read more

A:Civilization IV: Warlords Custom Project, Help Needed!

The site is now available. I apologize for the time it took to complete but there were several other things I had to do as well, including reorganizing and updating my address book which took some time. Plus I had to deal with Gary and some girl he was harassing... That took an hour or 2.
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello my old laptop Acer aspire 7551g had 4gb DDR3 1333.

The new one is Lenovo G500s with DDR3 1single 1666 so i have one slot left.

So DDR3 1333 + DDR3 1666 will work or not?

The goal is to have 8gb ram so i can cheak if Watch Dogs still lag when driving (i know one stupid game not worth it?)

What i want to know is is it safe to try?

So thank you for answears.

A:Will DDR3 1666 slot work with older DDR3 1333 mem stick? (laptop)

Relevancy 55.04%

I wanted to upgrade my RAM with a 4GB stick running instead of old 2 GB DDR3 stick

bought a new ram for my Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo motherboard, when i plug my 4gb ram the pc doesnt boot
This 4GB DDR3 RAM Kingston Technology Company - Kingston Memory Search - Search Results for: KVR13N9S8/4

It says in my motherboard specifications on Gigabyte's website tht my motherboard "Support for DDR3 1333(O.C.)/1066/800 MHz memory modules"

how am i supposed to make this RAM work on my motherboard

Please Help Me

A:how to make DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB work on my Gigabyte G41-M Combo mobo?

I'm afraid that RAM is not supported, I downloaded the Memory Support List from: (and attached)

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41M-Combo (rev. 2.0)

Also, you are better off getting 2 sticks, since:
Your motherboard:

Features Dual channel memory architecture, best to use two sticks to take advantage of the Dual channel, should be identical RAM sticks.
Multi-channel memory architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That motherboard supports very few 4 gig sticks at all and fact you have to overclock to handle 1333, I would just buy one step lower: 2 * 2 gig 1066 sticks.
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Friendsi have Lenovo ThinkCentre M58p 7188RT1it have 4 GB (DDR3 1067 MHz) RAM Installed, i bought a new 4 GB RAM (DDR3 1333 MHz)when i tried to install it, the PC started Beepingi updated it's Bios through BIOS update (Flash from operating system version)but still unable to install the new RAM in it.kindly HelpRegards ...
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys, I have a little project at work that involves converting the following comma path to get the end result I need.

The conversion path goes as follows..

NIC Card 1 DHCP (company network)

NIC Card 2 - STATIC (private network)

Ethernet to Fiber - What IP to route through on NIC2?
Fiber to Ethernet - What IP to communicate with the one above?

NIC2 we use as a backdoor in case NIC1 fails or the coma by network is down, that's why we set it to 10.xx.

I think I am close to getting it working but no luck so far. NIC1 has a gateway since it's DHCP but NIC2 Does not have this option. The Ethernet to fiber converters also request the default gateway but as I mentioned NIC2 is not able to be setup with one. Do I use the one on NIC1 or am I way off?

Any help appreciated!
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey Guys,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but i dont know any other or better either.
Anyone who has any knowledge in Visual Studio Please Step Forward!!

I am creating a small software from visual studio (2010 pro) but there is this file menu command which i want to open a notepad when clicked so i need to know what is the command to do so...
And also if someone could help me on how to place an icon of something in the form, and when the icon is clicked the related thing comes up...
Plus, the calendar doesnt get any smaller, any ideas anybody?

A:Visual Studio- Windows Forms(Help needed, open a notepad from project)

I don't have visual studio installed right now to give a precise, but if my memory serves......

You can start notepad by using the Process class which has the static method Start that does precisely so. You can use it to run notepad in the event handler of the menu, optionally by passing a parameter to automatically open a file if you want. Look here for more details: Process.Start Method (System.Diagnostics)

For the icon, you can use an ordinary button with a blank Text property and a picture on it and it will behave much like any ordinary button (notably the Click event) but with a more graphical aspect. The best I can tell right now is that you explore the property sheet of it and see what properties can control the appearance. By trial and error you can discover some interesting things about controls.
never tried too much with the Calendar, but again, explore the property window.
Relevancy 52.89%

Will this ram : see the link
Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLN-4G)

will work on my mothrboard? Gigabyte G41-Combo Rev 1.3 with 2.80 Ghz Core2Duo Processor?
Please help me.

A:Is DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB will work on my G41 Combo?

Quote: Originally Posted by mastertushar

Will this ram : see the link
Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLN-4G)

will work on my mothrboard? Gigabyte G41-Combo Rev 1.3 with 2.80 Ghz Core2Duo Processor?
Please help me.

Is that a G41M-Combo Rev 1.3?

If so, it supports both DDR2 and DDR3.

But you cannot mix DDR2 and DDR3. All RAM must be one or the other.

The specific RAM you mentioned is not listed on the qualified RAM list, but that doesn't mean it won't work.

From the Gigabyte web site for the G41M-Combo Rev 3:

2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory (Note 1)
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 1333(O.C.)/1066/800 MHz memory modules

2 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory (Note 1)
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR2 1066(O.C.)/800/667 MHz memory modules

(Note: Mixed mode, populating DDR2 and DDR3 memory modules simulta- neously is not supported. Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest supported memory speeds and memory modules.)
Relevancy 52.46%

I've recently bought a new Asus AM2 motherboard (M2NPV-VM) + AMD Athlon 3500+ CPU installed in a midi case with 1 Gig of DDR 2 RAM and a DVDRW drive.
I transfered my Maxtor 40 Gig HD complete with Win XP pro from old to new PC but am unsure of the proceedure of setting up the new motherboard.
I installed the HD as it was in the old PC which has a PC Chips M810 Skt A M/board + Duron 750 MHZ CPU.The ASUS board recognized the HD in the BIOS setting but Windows
won't load and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to run the ASUS M/board support CD.
Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 51.6%

Dear Tech guys;

I have a HP Pavilion Notebook, model dv2125LA, happens that I serviced with an HP technician in Ensenada, Mexico, when I received yesterday I chanched my session password and Installed Corel Draw and Autocad R2010. Then right after I installed this software I restarted my lap-top and suddenly something happened because all the keys from "a" trough "g" and from "j" trough "ņ" got blocked. they donīt work. I already tried with clicking Funtion+num blq and didnīt work that way. Since my password beggins with "a" I canīt access my session... Please help me.. donīt know what to do....

Sorry if my english is not as good as yours but Iīm a Mexican guy living in the South Baja Peninsula... regards!

Relevancy 51.6%

i just decided to build my own pc but i need your advice, wich board do you recommend? iīm planning to build a p4 2.8ghz with 512ddram, mostly for video capture, but, i like pcs to run fast, for exmp, i used to have dell p3 933mhz with 512 sdram and it was a great machine, xp worked flawless, so i want xp to work the same on my new pc. A friend bought a intel board with 2.6 ghz chip and 512 ddram but it seems xp to run sometimes slow, donīt why because he has not many softws installed.

I donīt want to use the pc for games, this is where i want to buy it from:

if i miss anything please let me know.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone

I built my own system a couple of years ago and I am now facing a technical problem.

My graphics currently rely on the Radeon HD 4770. I decided I would like to display my desktop on my television via HDMI cable.

After staring at a blank screen for a while and scratching my head I realised HDMI must rely on integrated graphics. I went into bios, Northbridge, Integrated Graphis which presented 4 configuration options and not knowing what these mean I just chose IGFX-GFX0-GPP-PCI.

This just led to a blank monitor and I had to reset my BIOS via battery removal to get back into my system. What configuration should I choose? How can I get my desktop displayed on my TV?

Your help is really appreciated.

A:Asus M4A785-M On-board graphics help needed please

Are you connecting your TV (HDTV) to your GPU or your mobo? If you could fill in your system specs this will greatly increase you chances for us to properly help you.
Relevancy 51.17%

Alright newegg just informed me that I won the following memory in a Facebook contest: Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 with heat spreaders and built in thermal sensor

The wording on the contest is vague, so I'm not sure if I'm getting 4 or 8GB of it. Right now, I have 6 GB of Crucial DDR3 1333 RAM in my comp. I was just wondering how much performance, if any, I would lose by replacing it with the RAM that I won (assuming they only send me 4GB).

A:4 GB of DDR3 1600 or 6GB of DDR3 1333?

It depends what your doing with it. If your not doing anything memory intensive then probably hardly any, 4GB is about the sweet spot with Win 7, and the access speed on that RAM is quicker
Relevancy 51.17%

ok right now i have 6gb of DDR3 PC3-10600 if i was to switch it out for 6gb of DDR3 PC3 12800 will i noticed a difference or will it still be there same in performance...

A:DDR3 PC3 12800 or DDR3 PC3-10600

Hi Monster212

According to the manufacturer's website specs on your motherboard (MSI Global ? Mainboard - P55M-GD41), your computer should support the faster RAM (when overclocked apparently), and therefore theoretically should acquire faster performance in the 5 - 10% range..

Hope that helps!
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have got an IBM netvista p win machine It developed some problem due to which machine didn t performed the POST whenever it was switched on and the screen only displayed the Manufacturer logo Initially I thought that this is due to some problem with its BIOS set up so I manually cleared the bios by sorting the jumpers from the motherboard which obviously didn t rectified the problem Later I did trial amp error Self guidance needed Mother Tests- Printing board and attached a USB keyboard on the machine The machine started ok This showed that the problem lies with the PS keyboard port But the problem I face now is that whenever the machine is switched on before the booting begins the printer attached to the machine is printing a self-test Similarly whenever the machine is switched off after windows is shut down amp PC is switched off again printer is printing a blank page When I tried to go Mother board Printing Self Tests- guidance needed to the system setup to restore the factory defaults the system is directly starting the windows bypassing the keystrokes to activate system setup Can any one help me in identifying the options I have to a Disable printer self tests b Activating the system setup thru USB keyboard Mother board Printing Self Tests- guidance needed regds nbsp

A:Mother board Printing Self Tests- guidance needed

Have you tried another keyboard?
Relevancy 50.74%

Someone has asserted certain things to me about the BIOS setup on boards with certain Setup) Hardware Board EXPERT needed (Main hardware connected Frankly I have never heard of such as he told me today and of three professional techs I have talked to so far they haven t either I am not going to repeat what he told me because don t want a discussion of the nuances of various configurations I just want to see if I can find anyone else who has this quot common knowledge quot as he put it that supposedly applies to all systems complying Hardware (Main Board Setup) EXPERT needed to the AT standard Experts only please need reply I have a mouse on com I have com enabled with IRQ for occasional use with a digital camera The PS mouse port is enabled I also have a PCI modem on com IRQ There are no conflicting IRQs Can anyone tell me if there is some significant quot common knowledge quot that goes quot way back quot in computer setups that one should know about this setup that might cause the computer to be unusable If so can I find documentation of this anywhere nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I just reformatted a 366 MHz computer with Win98. The last one I did like this I just had to load the drivers for my monitor, and I got 256 colours. This one, I think I need to load the drivers for the motherboard. I went to the mfg. website, but the didn't list an exact driver for the motherboard, and I'm not sure close will cut it.

Everest says I have:
PCChips M748MR (1 ISA, 3 PCI, 3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Modem)

Anything else from Everest you need to know?? I really don't want to have to flash the bios. This lady *barely* knows how to use her computer, and I've already reformatted it and I have to put in a new modem still. For someone who might turn it on once a month to type a letter, I'm not concerned about new, quick, or flashy. And neither is she.

Relevancy 49.45%

I can drop into CMOS and disable Audio Codecs for Realtek AC'97 but should I also remove the Realtek AC'97 driver from Device Manager? Are there any more drivers that I would have to remove?

Also, an independent sound card plugged into an on-board-designed mother board wouldn't require any other wiring attachments to the DVD CD drive or motherboard, would it? I could just plug the sound card into a PCI slot let 'er go?

A:Solved: Advice Needed for Disabling On-board Sound and Adding a New Card
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Some time ago I needed replace Guide on board my inverter how Inspiron 6400 on to Laptop released my laptop from Standby whereupon I was faced with a blank screen but the display can be seen in bright sunlight or by using a flashlight I purchased an external VGA monitor but have subsequently realised that I cannot boot using a EaseUS Emergency Disk without first being able to get into my BIOS to change the boot sequence and to be able to do this I need a working laptop display My plan was to create an image of my system using EaseUS Backup but unless I can fix my laptop s display then if my hard drive crashes I have no means to restore my OS Windows XP I don t have the finances Guide needed on how to replace inverter board on my Inspiron 6400 Laptop to buy a new laptop so choosing the cheapest and easiest solution where hopefully I find that replacing the inverter fixes the problem What I need is a guide in how to take out and replace the inverter with my particular laptop model Once I know my inverter s part number then hopefully I will find it online where I think lcdparts net might be my best chance of achieving my goal Can anyone please be of assistance Thank you
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a user that has been using Project 2003 for several years. He last used one particular file in November, and now when he tries to open it he gets this error message:Project cannot open the file--check that the file name & Path are correct--check that the file format is recognized by projectIt is a .mpp file, and was created with and had all modifications done with project 2003. The only thing that has changed in the last several months is an upgrade from Win 2000 to Win XP pro.I have tried opening this file on other computers and I get the same error message. I have done a new/fresh install on a computer - same problemI have repaired and also removed/reinstalled - same prblem...Help....

A:Microsoft Project 2003 says Project cannot open the file

I do not use MS Project software, Have you installed Service Pack 3 for Project?See here: site might also be of assistance: is the thread where I found the above link: edited by mmcconaghy
Relevancy 49.02%

Does anyone know how I can open a MS Project 2007 file in MS Project 2010. The file that was sent to me is .mpp and created in 2007 but I own 2010 and it says Project cannot open file.

A:Can't Open MS Project 2007 file in MS Project 2010

You will need to convert the file or it will be displayed in Compatibility Mode with reduced functionality. Then, you can resave the project as a 2010 format.

Opening Project MPP files from different versions
Relevancy 48.16%

MS Project Server files are saved in Project 2007 format .mpp and then re-opened in MS Project 2010. When the file is opened in MS Project 2010 the progream switches to compatibility mode but there are no tasks or project details - it is a blank schedule. I can open the same file in MS Project 2007 at home, but cannot open it at work on my laptop in MS Project 2010 (opens but is blank).

Any ideas what the issue might be? Belwo are my laptop details.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3535 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76316 MB, Free - 26108 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0W612R
Antivirus: VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Cannot see Project 2007 files in Project 2010
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there, I've got a mpp file from MS project 4, but project 2000 can't read it unless I convert the file to the mpx format. I don't have a version of Project 4 with me to do the conversion. How else can I read it?

Relevancy 47.3%

My PC already had 4GB DDR3 Ram. Here are its specifications taken from CPUZ

Today I ordered another RAM of 4GB so that my PC will have a total of 8GB RAM.

I wanted to confirm whether my new Ram which I'm buying would be compatible with my old RAM considering the difference in their frequency as shown in the images.

A:New DDR3 RAM compatibility with old DDR3

Possibly if you don't plan on using the old stick
You'd have to post the Mainboard section and google the mother board model to see what is compatible with it.
Relevancy 47.3%

I think the answer to that is yes....right? In fact it is DDR3 Unbuffered ECC Memory - so that is the exact type that I must upgrade right? Thanks

A:If my RAM is DDR3 can I ONLY upgrade to DDR3?

Correct, only DDR3 RAM can be used, any other type won't fit the slots anyway. If you have ECC ram now, you may be able to use non-ECC.
Relevancy 46.44%

Just a quick question that came up in my head while I was reading the chapter about RAM in my hardware book... assuming that I'm building a gaming computer for myself with an i7 CPU and x58 chipset, what would give me better overall performance.... installing 4 memory modules of 2GB each and running on dual-channel mode or installing 3 memory modules of 2GB each and running on triple-channel mode?
thank you

A:8GB DDR3 (dual-channel) x 6GB DDR3 (triple-channel) Which is better?

Depends a lot on how much RAM your applications need. Triple channel is slightly faster, but if you. Err. Run two instances of Crysis, then you might need 8 GiB so the other solution is 'better'.
My vote goes for 3x2...
Relevancy 43.86%

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

A:Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a user that has been using Project 2003 for several years. He last used one particular file in November, and now when he tries to open it he gets this error message:
Project cannot open the file
--check that the file name & Path are correct
--check that the file format is recognized by project
it is a .mpp file, and was created with and had all modifications done with project 2007. The only thing that has changed in the last several months is an upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win7 Prof.
I have tried opening this file on other computers and I get the same error message.
I have done a new/fresh install on a computer - same problem
I have repaired and also removed/reinstalled - same problem.

A:Project 2007 says "Project cannot open the file"

Try downloading and reinstalling the compatibility pack
If that doesn?t work you may want to consider a third part PP recovery tool PowerPoint Recovery Toolbox:
As always, save a copy of the file as a backup before beginning procedures.

As always, save a copy of the file as a backup before beginning procedures.
See if the following article would help:
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.
Relevancy 41.71%

I have two laptops and old one and a new create computer project, Can not movie in can other one not but in but create project one Both are running Windows XP Professional and both have identical versions of Windows Movie Maker The only difference I can think of is that one was upgraded to Windows XP Professional and the other came with Can create movie in one computer but not project, can project in other but not create it I also have a Sony Digital video camera I can capture amp edit videos in the old computer but that computer is not powerful enough to play them thru both its own screen and a projector at the same time I work for a church and this is something we do frequently so this is a necessary ability The church bought the new laptop to correct the projection problem Now I can not capture the video correctly I follow all the same steps and it appears to be going great Then after it creates the clips I go to play the clips so I can begin editing them and nothing happens So I end up creating the video in one laptop and then transferring the video to the other for the presentations I know there is the possibility that the problem is having a Sony camcorder but I don t understand why creating the movie works in one computer and not the other I ve also looked into getting Sony software but have had little luck in finding any info on it - the only thing I have seen is MovieShaker According to the Sony Vaio people that program may only work on a Sony computer I ve been reading posts here and have seen some mention of Sony Vegas Movie Studio and am wondering if that will have the same proprietary issues or if it would be a good option for me to look into I ve also seen some posts here that mention changing a movie into mpeg instead of avi where as at the Movie Maker forum they say the other way around As I understand it the Sony camcorder already puts out mpeg format Overall I am so confused now it is not even funny I would appreciate any help anyone can give me to help me sort this all out amp figure out what I need in order to do this part of my job Missy nbsp
Relevancy 40.85%

ok bought a barebones pc of ebay Came with a pc chips board wouldnt post reset jumpers and after a week of trying to get it to work finally said it was ead and went and bought a MSI KT board thinking this will fix problem installed cpu and heat sink installed board into case and installed stick of pc turned it on but same thing happened as before board to msi board..same chips from problem pc with pc chips board fans on cpu and vga card from pc chips board to msi board..same problem spin but just a black screen rset jumpers to clear and reset back tried again still wouldnt boot checked to make sure it board wasnt touching case and shorting from pc chips board to msi board..same problem out but everything seems to be good there theres no beep codes same as with pc chips board KT board comes with a pci slot attachment with usb and led error light when i start pc the light stay on red In manual it says that means cpu is not installed correctly from pc chips board to msi board..same problem or either it is damages reseated cpu and used some artic silver but still same thing and led light stay red im thinking there was nothing wrong with pc chips board just like theres nothing wrong with msi board Could it be the power supply It has a cheap power supply HERCULES is the name on it it weighs almost nothing Ive tried different stick of memory and vga card only things that are comman with problem cpu a AMD Athlon XP mhz and this cheap power supply The problem has to be with either the cpu or power supply thats what im thinking nbsp

A:from pc chips board to msi board..same problem

If ur not posting and considering what u've done coupled with the MSI diagnostics it is very likely there is a problem with this cpu.
You need to get a hold of another compatible AMD cpu just to see if u can post, from there u can confront the ebay seller for any restitution ovr the cpu if there was any kind of guarantee offered at all with the purchased items.
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi friends,
I have windows xp sp2 on 80gb harddisk , mother board mercury make,intel processor now this mercury mother borad what i have donot support ddr2 RAM, i had moved harddisk to intel motherboard box.

i am able to detect harddisk and windows apologies to start safe , last good menu and start normally and command prompt appears, i tried all options but fail to start windows xp.

Pl. find me solution to loginto windows and resume work.

A:moved windows xp sp2 harddisk from mercury mother board to intel mother board

you cant use the same xp on another motherboard.
Relevancy 37.84%

I have MSI K8N S939 mother board, can i install a graphic card with DDR3 ?

Yes you can as long as the card fits into the motherboard properly and your power supply has the proper connectors
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys i currently have a gaming rig but only 4GB of ram in there Clocked at 7
ive just ordered 8GB of exactly the same ram for a good price will this effectivley make a difference to performance in any way shape or form ?

A:8GB DDR3 CL7 Ram

For gaming, probably not enough that you would even notice. You also have to remember that most games are still only 32 bit and as such, unless they are large address aware or 64 bit they are limited to 2 GB total address space,

Memory Limits for Windows Releases (Windows)
Relevancy 37.84%

ok i've been browsing around the net looking for my next upgrade component and ddr3 ram has been knawing at me, i want to get it but am looking for some feedback from others who have it or have used it to let me know if it is worth it i am looking at getting
OCZ 4GB (2x 2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper HPC Edition Dual Channel Kit Memory
my motherboard supports this so i guess it's just a case of getting warm and fuzzy feedback from people who might recommend it before i shell out 150 quid for it, as i could get the ddr2 1066 ram instead if the warm and fuzzy feeling isn't there.

thanks in advance for any replies!!!

A:to ddr3 or not

You will only see the difference when running benchmarks, just save your money for your next big upgrade.
Relevancy 37.84%
Q: Ddr3

Hai, Forum

I have a question and trying to answer please help

What is compatiable motherboards for DDR3 and cost of it
Is DDR3 is available in the market, kindly quote the price

2GB DDR3 for around $400...

Nvidia has DDR3 motherboards

More info:
Relevancy 37.84%

While browsing the specs on several motherboards I'm considering, I noticed in the RAM specs, that some listed 1600MHz DDR3 (over clocking). What does the parenthetical note mean? Does it mean that this speed of RAM is only needed if the rig is over clocked?

I also noticed that one board listed ECC or non-ECC in the specs. I'm sure that ECC is more it worth it?

A:Ddr3 ram

Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister

While browsing the specs on several motherboards I'm considering, I noticed in the RAM specs, that some listed 1600MHz DDR3 (over clocking). What does the parenthetical note mean? Does it mean that this speed of RAM is only needed if the rig is over clocked?

When you overclock your system there are several ways of doing it. One is to increase the speed of the Bus, meaning it's a synchronous overclock. This means that all the devices controlled by the Bus speed are going to run faster than they were intended to, including the RAM. If your RAM was barely fast enough to keep up at the regular clock speed it would likely give you errors when running at a higher speed. One way to solve this is to buy RAM rated faster than necessary. When you overclock the Bus the RAM has no trouble keeping up.

This also avoids the possible downside of an asynchronous overclock, one where CPU end of the Bus gets boosted but the rest of the system stays at stock speed.

I also noticed that one board listed ECC or non-ECC in the specs. I'm sure that ECC is more it worth it?

ECC memory is used mostly in servers. Unless something has changed (or I'm just flat-out wrong ) it actually runs a tad slower than non-ECC RAM, mainly because it needs an extra step to check the data passing through it before it gives it the okey-dokey. Unless you have a specific reason for it, ECC is unnecessary.
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello everyone,
My desktop's specification is at

Accordingly, I am using a 400 MHz DDR2 RAM. I researched on my mainboard and found out that my mainboard support a 667 or 800 DDR2 RAM at
I am about to attach a new RAM.
I wonder whether I can have a 667 or 800 DDR2 RAM on my mainboard or not.
Thank you very much.

A:Should I buy a DDR3 ram?

Go here and allow the Crucial System Scanner to load and run.

After it finishes and it displays a report, copy-and-paste the link to that webpage here so we can go there and view it.

You didn't provide images of the "Mainboard" and "Memory" tabs, but it appears that your computer is currently using DDR2 PC2-6400(DDR2-800) RAM modules.

Relevancy 37.84%

hello guys im a bit confused about my ddr3 ram is it possible to upgrade my ram to 6 giga ram.. i have a lenovo g550 and it has 2 ddr3 memory one is one gig and other is two gig... i would like to upgrade it remove the one gig ram and replace it with 4gig ram but i dont know if the 4gig new memory will not conflict with my old 2 giga... how can i know that i would not conflict.. heres my ram specs (2048 MB DDR3-SDRAM (1067 MHz)) what would be the best type of 4 giga ram that will not conflict with it...! thanks.. have a nice day....

A:ddr3 ram help

I'd suggest going to one of the major RAM suppliers like Crucial. You can plug your computer info into their "memory advisor tool" and it will tell you exactly what your computer is capable of handling. Generally speaking it's usually better to not mix and match but to get matched pairs of RAM (2x2GB, 2x4GB, etc.) Once you know what your computer can handle and the exact memory specifications, you can shop around for the lowest prices. Just as an example, a few days ago Newegg had 8GB DDR3 RAM (2x4GB) for under $50.

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at
Relevancy 37.84%
Q: Ddr3

Can i install ddr 3 ram into an ASUS P5N-E SLI?

If not can i install 1066Mhz DDR2.

And Finally Kingston or corsair?

Im running Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

That motherboard supports DDR2 533/667/800.

Have you considered OCZ ram? That is a good brand as well.
Relevancy 37.84%

I recently found out that my laptop supports DDR3. I installed Hwinfo and was exploring the features of the program(Great Program!) and noticed that my Motherboard supports DDR3. Im thinking about upgrading from DDR2 to DDR3, but my question is where can I buy DDR3?
DDR3 Frequency Support 400MHz (DDR3-800)
FSB Frequency Support 200MHz (800 QDR)
Max Render Core 400MHz
If you need more information please ask

A:Where can I get DDR3?

It support both DDR2 & DDR3?

With DDR3, it really will only be a benefit if you can get DDR3 1333 or higher.

In the 800/1066 range, DDR2 will perform better due to lower latencies.

But to answer your question, any online retailers such as Newegg, Tigerdirect.
Sometimes stores such as Bestbuy carry some.
Relevancy 37.84%

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3 GHz Socket AM3 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

CM Storm Scout + Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W Modular PSU *Special Offer Bundle*

Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache

Asus M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 880G Socket AM3 ONboard 128MB Memory DVI VGA HDMI Out ATX Motherboard

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V X2

LiteOn iHAS224 24x DVD?RW DL RAM & Lightscribe SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black

Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 PCI-Express NEW

How does this look my budgets ?600 thanks

A:Any Thoughts

I would personally get XFX over Sapphire but nothing looks too bad, you can get better graphics performance than the 5850 but I have one and I'm happy with it.
Relevancy 37.84%

Just installed Win RC yesterday and must say that I'm enjoying using it a lot more than when I first installed Vista SP There aren't any annoying Win thoughts. 7 little bugs in the GUI and windows explorer is set out really well I especially like the new user directory working with the libraries and sub folders It's just easier to understand and navigate with said library folders in the left hand panel rather than the complete folder list Win 7 thoughts. It's alot faster than Vista and installed very quickly The start menu task bar and notification area are all totally configurable which is great Having a start menu where you can have everything or nothing fantastic I also love the way you can move opened programs along the task bar into whatever position you like After being able to do this on Linux for so long I really wanted MS to have this feature as well and now there it is - As with Vista MS has opted out of a real time network lights indicator in the notification area why Aside from a network gadget or looking at your modem lights It was just a good idea in Xp that should have continued IMO Only one program issue so far VLC won't play back smooth avi's without windows turning aero off the OS turns it back on though as soon as you close VLC All in all I'm really looking forward to win being released I'll be one of the first to buy it -

A:Win 7 thoughts.

What version of windows (32 or 64). Upgrade or clean install, what version of VLC, etc. PS, we might be able to help more if you filled in the my system specs in control panel

Relevancy 37.84% are your thoughts on this? And how will i know it'll fit into my PC?

Check your manual for your motherboard or have a look inside your case to see if you have a spare PCI-E slot. If your not sure post your motherboard make and model number in a reply and we'll have a look for you.

Depending on what your main use for the card is to be, are you going to be gaming, video editing or general use?

Relevancy 37.84%

I am looking at getting a KVM switch for when I am working on computers. I am looking for a two port USB/VGA. I have found these on Newegg and wnated to see what y'all thought or had any other thoughts on an inexpensive one - ENCORE ENKVM-USBB 2-Port USB KVM Switch With Easy Switch and Cable - ATEN CS22U 2-Port USB Cable KVM Switch

I have never heard of either company

A:Looking for KVM thoughts

I haven't used one in a while, but I found a low cost IOGear DVI/USB model that had all cables included.
Relevancy 37.84%

Im am just after some thoughts and opinions on the rough value of the PC below that I am looking to sell. I am upgrading but have no idea what to sell the old one for and don't want to undercut myself or price myself totally out of the market.

Thanks for any thoughts / replies.

This is a home build but a few years old.

Case: Coolmaster Elite 334
PSU: OCZ 700w StealthXstream
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E4600
Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLi
Graphics: XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog (factory overclocked) with Thermalright HR03-A non-stock heatsink & 90mm fan.
RAM: 2x 1Gb OCZ 800Mhz RAM with heatsinks
Sound: Sounblaster Live 24bit / onboard soundcard aswell
Optical: LG 16x DVD RW
HDD: 1x Sata Maxtor 120Gb
LCD: Samsung SyncMaster 913N 19"
Keyboard: Logitech Mx3000 Wireless
Mouse: Cheap standard wired mouse (as I am keeping my G500)

Will include WIn XP Pro Original CD and product key (obviously) + Slipstreamed SP3 CD

Relevancy 37.84%

Hey, guys, I am building myself a new PC. This is what I have come out with after a lot of months researching:
CPU- AMD Athlon X4 760K
Motherboard - MSI FM2 A88XM E35
RAM- 8GB Corsair Vengeance
HDD- 500GB WD Caviar Blue
PSU- Corsair CX500 (500W)
Case- Cooler Master K280

Wondering if all these fit(a.k.a. are they compatible) and I would love to hear what do you guys think?
Thanks for your time.

A:Thoughts about this PC?

That's all compatible and will work, my question though is what is your budget?
Relevancy 37.84%

This might seem a bit long but I wanted to hear some thoughts on both the losses and gains My current setup consists of MB Abit AN x Thoughts set-up my on new board CPU Athlon gig DDR Mhz memory Dual Channel SLI Nvidia GS Power Supply Corsair HX W Various Sata hard drives and such no worries with those As a gift I got a bundle from the egg this week which had the following P Q Pro Turbo motherboard Intel E Dual Core gig of DDR Mhz gig Hard Drive Since there was no new video card with this and the board can run dual ati cards but not sli Nvidia and the motherboard doesn t carry either an ati nor Nvidia style chipset P ICH R can I get away with a single Nvidia card from my current setup until I manage a decent ATI card or if I am just wanting Thoughts on my new set-up to run a Thoughts on my new set-up single card would I be better with a faster Nvidia card I m guessing the video card will be my bottleneck for the moment I expect to see a nice jump from the single core AMD to the dual Thoughts on my new set-up core Intel Also if I figure the memory side though I am losing a gig at the moment my speed basically doubled or will I still see a big hit there as well until I get more memory Any thoughts would be appreciated

A:Thoughts on my new set-up

can I get away with a single Nvidia card from my current setup until I manage a decent ATI card or if I am just wanting to run a single card would I be better with a faster Nvidia card?

Yes. But, you do want to upgrade that video card when you can. I personally suggest sticking with Nvidia.
I have an ATI 4890 that I am pleased with it's performance, but drivers still suck.

if I figure the memory side though I am losing a gig at the moment my speed basically doubled or will I still see a big hit there as well until I get more memory.

You will still notice the speed difference in a big way. Where you will see an issue, is games loading.

So, It all depends on what you are doing with the system. 4G is obviously better than 2 if you are gaming. You won't need more than 4G, unless you are doing big video/audio editing and rendering, or virtual machines. Don't let someone talk you into more than 4G if all you are doing is gaming. You will be wasting your money. Save it for a big video card, and/or SSD.
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all as a security concious user i am considering a VPN service like this one https www ipredator se came highly recommended You guys here seem much smarter than me and i would love to hear your thoughts VPN thoughts? here are my reasons for considering this solution I live in the UK where privacy is becoming a thing of the past I like to watch TV shows from the USA and as i cant buy them over here for months i on occasion may use other methods to get them this service makes this safer and easier i VPN thoughts? think This service seams well priced for a massive gain in my online security i would like to know if i could put the settings onto my router and use it directly like that my isp is talk talk using talk talk router does anyone recommend another service if so why thank you in advance for yoru help you guys always have the best answers EDIT I signed up to the service so far so good

Relevancy 37.84%

In the coming months I will probably be looking at running a new GPU set up I am strung between the Geforce GTX series or the ATI HD Both look awesome both have good reviews Although there are some differences The GTX requires a whopping watts of power to run and the cheapest version non water cooled costs a staggering almost bucks The ATI HD I have heard over and over in benchmark tests it proves faster Also it requires almost watts less for power supply and it on average costs around - less than the Thoughts on GPU new Geforce card I wanna know your thoughts I am personally Not a huge ATI fan I have had a couple in the past and I ve had some driver compatability issues But from what I have heard the driver issues are working out and they are becoming lots more reliable So I think I am shifting to the other side with this I d like some input if yall have any good things to offer Thanks nbsp

A:Thoughts on new GPU

I think the ATI sounds good the be honest. That is what I would go with. I usualy use the cheaper nvidia cards and more expensive ati cards.
Relevancy 37.84%

I just started using and installed because I wanted to go with something more official and something that would have more support from others who have already installed it I hear that the leaked RTMs cannot be activated or something which was another reason I just avoided going higher than Anyhow WOW I mean seriously this is impressive I was expecting better than vista but the build for me is making XP pro thoughts my Just look Just my thoughts bad in more ways than one I am sure of one thing This OS is smokin fast next to anything else I have used and not just fast as in boot time or file access Just my thoughts but because it runs so fast and smooth doing work in it has been a real pleasant experience all around I noticed one big thing right off and that was the optical drive access times XP was a real dog when it came to putting any kind of disc in I always hated having to use anything that was on a DVD or CD because you put the disc in then wait forever for it to load This is greatly improved in and that alone makes me happy as hell Pretty much everything happens faster in this which was actually shocking I could go on all day and night about the visual experience this OS is a real work of art as far as the UI goes And it does that while only using roughly mb more ram than XP did for me Again impressive to say the least I also like the fact that I am not rushed to install a graphics driver I noticed that once I was on the desktop after the install I had no buggyness in the graphics On XP you would get laggy blippy graphics dragging windows around on the desktop and scrolling through web pages You also had rather limited resolutions until you installed some graphics drivers Again another fine point of I run dual monitors and was pleased to see them already set the way I wanted when I entered the desktop for the first time And so far the only issue with any software was windows messenger live formerly known as msn messenger Awesome how microsoft software is the only thing giving me trouble on a microsoft OS Laughable really Looks like I will be stuck trying to access my messenger from a gadget or some other work around until they update Still things have been peachy so far and at this point I would waste no time throwing down USD for a copy of ultimate

A:Just my thoughts

The latest build I have tried, that could be activated normally with RC - keys was build 7229, and this build is somewhat faster than build 7100. Before you install too much in 7100, PM one from staff for info about getting 7229 (or a later or better build if somebody knows about this).

7229 was for me the best build of those activating normally
Relevancy 37.84%

I had XP for years, no problems, then the mb crashed and burnt, bought new PC with Win 7 about 3 weeks ago, in which time it has crashed (frozen) at least 30 times!!! It has improved since and the problem now is that after starting I can almost guarantee it will freeze on the 1st thing I click on. After re-booting it might still do it again and need another start or it might be ok, if it runs ok it will be ok all day & night, how strange. I need expert advice as to what it might be, if I return it to the shop they will charge me saying my software is a problem!! Can anyone help please. No exotic software is on the PC, just regular stuff.

A:Thoughts on Win 7

Quote: Originally Posted by Rogerc

I had XP for years, no problems, then the mb crashed and burnt, bought new PC with Win 7 about 3 weeks ago, in which time it has crashed (frozen) at least 30 times!!! It has improved since and the problem now is that after starting I can almost guarantee it will freeze on the 1st thing I click on. After re-booting it might still do it again and need another start or it might be ok, if it runs ok it will be ok all day & night, how strange. I need expert advice as to what it might be, if I return it to the shop they will charge me saying my software is a problem!! Can anyone help please. No exotic software is on the PC, just regular stuff.

As you no doubt know by now freezing isnt usually caused by hardware. Freezes such as this are often caused by conflicts in software, too little ram, and many other things.

Several things you can try

1-run a system file check to verify and repair your system files
(type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>SFC /SCANNOW)

Let us know the results

2-check event viewer (type eventvwr in search). go to the windows log>application tab. Look for critical errors (they have red in the left hand column) that say app hang, app crash, or anything related to the problem.

When you find them note the event ID and source codes and tell us hat they are.

3-boot into safe mode (with networking). Does it still do it then? If not it is probably a software conflict.

4- go into device manager (type device manager in search). Are there any "unknown drivers" with yellow question marks on them?

Let us know the answers

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Guys Over the last month I ve been having some strange problems thoughts? Your with my Pc The monitor Screen After about hours of playing games starts Your thoughts? to go Your thoughts? dark for a fews secs then light then dark again This happens until I stop playing games The Monitor is alright again Put the game back on and it starts again But it doesn t do it all the time The first time this happened my pc wouldn t boot up again and my bios got scambled completely The tech guy had to replace it and flash it My power box also died Today it started again I turned the game off and rebooted I put the game back on and it started again So I shut down my pc waited a minuite and rebooted Halve way thru booting up my pc shuts down on me and reboots itself going on to the blue scandisk screen So what do you think is the problem Monitor going on me cpu or mobo over heating Graphics Card overheating When I first boot up in the morning the monitor has light green lines across the screen for about mins or so My system is Proview quot monitor Soltek Drv mobo Amd Athlon xp Asus Geforce Ti Win se mb ddr ram Thanks in Advance Uly nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could give me their thoughts on my choice of certain programs to protect/enhance my computer, and what I they think I should use instead or if its good enough. Kind of a review check-up.

If you don't see anything in the list that I should have, please advise it. I want maximum performance, for sure!
P.S. Can someone tell me what Overclocking is? and if It would be smart for my system? (Dell 3000, 1gb ram, 2.39 ghz)
Antivirus: Norton Antivirus 2005 (Payed for)
Anti Mal-ware: Ewido 4.0 (Payed for)
Ram: Reohix's Fresh RAM 4.0 (Shareware, pending payed for account)
Not a huge list, so thats what I want peoples opinions on.

What I want is:

- A good registry cleaner
- A program that notifies me when my disk's need defragment(s).
- Etc.

Open for anything.
jriceman (Colton)

Relevancy 37.84%

My mobo died a few days ago and instead of replacing it, I'm getting a completely new rig and I'll use the old parts to build a backup computer.

This is it:

Case: Apex Amoris 6010

Mobo: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3-B3

CPU: i5 2500K

GPU: MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr III OC

RAM: DDR3 1600 Kingston HyperX Blu 2x4GB
HDD & BD-RW will remain the same - WD Caviar Black 1TB & LG BH10LS30.
At first I wanted to get the 2600K, but the 2500K is so much cheaper, especially here in Croatia.

I haven't ordered it yet so if you have any better suggestions, please let me know.

Relevancy 37.84%

Suggestions, please.

I have my main PC down. Came in one day and the lights and fans would spin, but no post and nothing on the screen.

Jumped the BIOS to clear, no change.

Removed hard drives, optical, reseated RAM and Video card nothing.

Removed RAM and graphics card. Still the same. CPU fan, case FAN and lights come on but no beeps.

Right now it I have it with out a CPU, only motherboard and PSU and Case fan, lights come on and nothing else happens.

PSU checks OK with mulitmeter.

So I am down to either a BAD CPU or motherboard, I don't have a spare 939 of either. Any suggestions on how eliminate one or the other.

If it is the mother board I am just going to move to an AM2 platform, because I can get the motherboard, X2 and 2GB RAM for the same price as just the 939 Mobo.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 37.84%

I think the first step is to restart in Safe mode while some have thoughts a can I been Its and Its been a while can I have some thoughts run smityfix option and then run AVG spyware There is newdot net in the add and remove programs Should i remove that from there or will the tools remove it for me I forgot Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object isamntr exe C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object pmsnrr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object pmmnt exe C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object isamini exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object isamini exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS system lich exe C WINDOWS system funk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C program files zango zango exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility Bin SbOEAddOn exe C PROGRA SPAMBL Bin SBInst exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files VVSN VVSN exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility Bin SbWeatherOnTray exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C winstall exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility SBTV SBTV exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object isamini exe C Program Files Broderbund Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Standard MiniMavis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility Bin SbSrv exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility Bin SbSrv exe C Program Files ZangoToolbar Bin ZbSrv exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Desktop Tools of the Trade HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf de... Read more

A:Its been a while can I have some thoughts

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder again and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted: "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.

A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Warning: running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.

Run Hijack This and click Open the Misc Tools section.
Click Open Uninstall Manager > Save list and save the log to your Desktop.
A list of programs will open in Notepad. Post the contents of this log.
Relevancy 37.84%

I have cleaned out a ton of stuff but not quite everything can anyone take a look need Log: HJT thoughts at this and tell me if you see anything bad I still get pop-ups from - of the same places one relates to SANDBOXER another says something about III-Interactive - Microsoft Internet Explorer Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer HJT Log: need thoughts v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe HJT Log: need thoughts C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C CFusionMX runtime bin jrunsvc exe C CFusionMX db slserver bin swagent exe C CFusionMX runtime bin jrun exe C CFusionMX db slserver bin swstrtr exe C CFusionMX db slserver bin swsoc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Micro Focus Net Express Base bin mfds exe C Program Files Micro Focus Net Express mfsql bin xsrvnx exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINNT system kmw run exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINNT system KMW SHOW EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINNT system Bjte hb exe C WINNT system Vip gx exe C GZ-ZIP HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotsheet com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www hotsheet com index html quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www hotsheet com quot C Documents and Settings fred Application Data Mozilla Profiles default tzivulqp slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files Cmozilla org CMozilla Csearchplugins CNetscapeSearch src quot C Documents and Settings fred Application Data Mozilla Profiles default tzivulqp slt prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run IntelliType quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run kmw run exe kmw run exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run dwUT C winnt system dwUT exe O - HKLM Run GMQFGE M BAY C WINNT system PlsO A exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Plugin for swf C Program Files Netscape Communicator Program PLUGINS npswf dll O - Plugin for wmv C Program Files Netscape Communicator Program PLUGINS npdsplay dll O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http software-dl real com b c f b netzip RdxIE cab O - DPF D A-B A- C C-AEA - B A DFCB iTunesDetector Class - http ax phobos apple com edgesuite net detection ITDetector cab O - DPF F A AE -A D- D - - C F EF D Hotmail Attachments Control - http by fd ba... Read more

Relevancy 37.84%

Well that time is soon to come for my current PC. I will trash it, and buy a new one. The one I am currently looking at is this one.

But i also have another option. I am thinking of possibly building a computer, but only if ill get better quaility for around the same price (preferably lower). So I ask you all if you could reccomend me part by part in making a new comp that could exceed the computer listed above, but not go over its price by too much.

Any help is appreciated, and i might as well say thanks before hand

Edit: I forgot to mention, i would also like a printer and a screen, so include that when your thinking of price

A:Your thoughts

Wow, I can't believe that no one has posted into this yet! I will try and put together some options for you. Do you have any prefrences? AMD or Intel, Nvidia or ATI? Also, what will you be using the computer for? I can tell you right now that the computer from Best Buy would need a graphics cards to play any decent games as it comes with integrated graphics only.
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys,

Currently running a 32 bit OS with Vista. My computer supports 64 bit, but I am not sure how to go about installing it. Ive tried installing XP 64 and Windows 7 64, but I cannot not proceed to the setup because my operating system is not compatible. Ive tried restarting and booting from the CD and doesn't work.

But to my question, I currently have 2 GB of RAM, and going to 4 GB. As you guys know, 32 bit OS wont recognize anything past 3. Would you recommend going with XP or 7 if you are looking for a fast robust system.

A:XP vs 7 - thoughts

You can certainly upgrade from Windows Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. You'll have to do a custom install which will wipe out the existing Windows installation and move it to a Windows.old folder. You have to boot from the Windows 7 installation disk. You can't run it from within Windows Vista. If you want to do that, provide more details as to what isn't working.
Relevancy 37.84%

I'd like to get the most out of what I got. My mother board is an abit IP35 Pro. And for speakers I have Creative Inspire P7800.

Coming out of the sub are all the outputs for center, sub, left & right (front, side and rear). The output cords that came with the speakers don't fully match the input for the onboard sound card.

I really don't want to spend $70+ on a sound card. Seems the onboad sound is rather descent. Sound I spend the $20-30 to get the cords that are missing. Seems that cords supplied with the speakers have 4 leads coming out of the sub and then they combine something into 3 leads going into the sound card.

Now when I go to mess around with the sound within windows I can't get anything to be produced out of the side speakers.

What would be my best option(s)?

I do appreciate the input!

A:Need some thoughts on what to do!

Did you install the Sound Card Application or just the drivers? Try the application. I guess it's Soundmax?
Relevancy 37.84%

Can someone please let me know if thise configuration is good? This is what I am thinking of going ahead with.. Thanks for the help in advance..

CASE: Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, come with Five Fans, window side panel, top HDD dock
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 ...
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-
Mobo: Intel BOXDQ77MK LGA 1155 Intel Q77 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS ...
GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N660OC-2GD GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

A:Thoughts on a new PC I might put together

Looks pretty good to me. Sort of strange to have a consumer desktop board with Two NICs however....Great for a NAS/Homesever but not really needed for desktop use.
Relevancy 37.84%

what do u guys think of this computer i mean gaming wise? would u buy it? isit worth the price? and could i do normal tasks besides games like typing papers?

A:Your Thoughts Plz

Try again, your link doesn't point to any particular model .
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, just thought I would ask for other peoples opinions on the following:

Had a friend phone me last night because he said his PC turned on and seemed to just go into sleep mode, went and had a look at it this evening, symptoms are as follows.

Turn PC on, fans go, brief HDD activity but nothing on the monitor, no keyboard lights, no POST etc.

Tested with working PSU, same result.

Removed RAM, same result.

Stripped down to just CPU, same result.

Basically, no matter what I do all it does is power on (fans), no POST, no beeps, nothing.

Not going to say what my conclusion was but thought I would ask peoples opinions based on this info

Relevancy 37.84%

I was hoping to get a little feedback on an upgrade for a new graphics card Background I am currently running a EVGA GS meg bit GDDR card which is now yrs old My old rig ran SLI and I was running of these I have to admit they are were great cards I felt anyway gpu. a on new Thoughts My new board can use crossfire but not SLI so I suppose its time to get a new card My budget though is not great at the moment so I'm sort of tied to around - I've been researching and doing some reading on different types clock speed size and the like and seems the more one reads and researches the more difficult choosing a card can get as opposed to say motherboards memory cpu and the like I've narrowed down a few choices see attached but would like some feedback or other options as well I'm not a big time gamer but if a decent game comes along that Thoughts on a new gpu. looks like fun I would like to be able to perhaps give it a shot without big worries Newegg com - XFX HD- A-YDFC Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Newegg com - GIGABYTE GV-R OC- GH Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Seems the gigabyte card could be the better value though the XFX has the faster GDDR versus GDDR though one has the gig of memory versus but the XFX has the better clock Sort of seems like trade offs in both directions Thanks in advance

A:Thoughts on a new gpu.

I think a lot will depend on how you intend to use it. There are many reviews/threads on hardware forums comparing the two. There is no general consensus, but rather close opinions. Here is 1 review:

A Guy
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all,

I did not notice any threads talking about their thoughts of IE9, so I decided to make one. Here you can discuss all of your thoughts, ideas, rants, suggestions, and any other topic pretaining to IE9.

I personally like it. I have been using Chrome for a while and decided to try the beta. I was actually impressed at the improvement over the other versions.

I'm curious as to what you guys are thinking, look forward to hearing your responces!

A:IE9 Thoughts

The install completely messed up my computer with some massive registry damage. I had to restore my entire SYSTEM and USERS hive! Apart from that, I am really impressed. Finally, an Internet Explorer that does not spend 2 minutes loading non existent toolbars. The only possible thing: I still do not like the Close Tabs dialogue. It is still not as immediately obvious, or clean, as the Firefox one.
Relevancy 37.84%

This computer is having a bit of a rough time and I'm looking to do a few little upgrades just so that it can run a little more efficiently. I don't have the money to go all out and buy the newest top of the line computer as much as I wish I did so I am trying to keep costs to a bare minimum.

I have been searching Ebay and have found a few good deals on some pc133 SDRAM which seem to be right up my alley however I am unsure about the idea of buying USED RAM.

Can anyone enlighten me on whether or not this is a good or bad way to go?

A:Used Ram. Your thoughts?

Go to Crucial and run a system scan, this will tell what your pc will except.
Also crucial ram is guaranteed to work
Personally I would not buy used ram from Ebay
Relevancy 37.84%

I m facing a very tough situation Here I have a package that has two components the key one is of course mine your Need thoughts and its installation is always reliable the other one is ms sql server express which my company has been granted to redistribute However the problem is Redmond Microsoft s sql server express has quite a bit of installation problem especially for Vista machine and the worst thing is it Need your thoughts could also crash a user s machine s during its installation which is totally unacceptable Microsoft is aware of it however it turns a blind eye to it which is of course despicable as a company even though you offer it for free In the meantime MS has an element for system configuration checking to see if a machine would be able to install sql server for sql server Hence I ve requested MS via its Connect or whatever they call it to create a standalone utility for this checker for SQL Server Express days ago I thought the request is reasonable however no response whatsoever Have posted the issue and request to most relevant sql forums to no avail What s next Bomb those mf kers who s responsble for creating problems FYI my product is not their competitor neither who am I For argument s sake even if the product is it s not a zero sum game What the Microsoft why do you on little guys like us Seeking an alernative to sql server express would be very costly losing time another an alternative s installation reliability is also unknown etc etc Sorry for the language because I m MAD Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 37.41%

Dear sir/Madam, How can I find out which ram memory I have? Where can I see whether I have DDR3 or DDR3L?  Thank you in advance 

Hi,          Could you mention the product number or the model number of unit you are using to give more information . Use the below link to find the product details
Relevancy 37.41%

If you had a choice, DDR2 or DDR3 and why? Trying to figure this out for my new computer.

Relevancy 37.41%

need help on some good timings on overclocking ddr3 2gb Ram

ty in advance

A:Overclocking DDR3 2GB RAM

Can you provide a little more information? Which motherboard, CPU and memory do you have?

Here's a guide to get you started:,2845,2368074,00.asp
Relevancy 37.41%

This is my first RAM upgrade. Would putting in 16gigs over 8gigs really give me any performance advantages? Am I required to use DDR3-1333 or can I use another?If I am required to use 1333 do any brands giver better performance over another? Can I mix and match any DDR3 rated at 1333. Im including a link to the specs on my PC. This entire question might seem ridiculous considering the link states DDR3-1333 but I dont really kn0w to much about this and would just like a definitive answer on weather or not I can put one of the faster ones in it. I appreciate any help, have a great day.

Page 13 lists RAM info, I have the MT model with the i-5 2400 CPU in it..
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello guys For a few months i am trying to chose a new laptop t o replace my old one I was stuck between the Asus N vz Laptop Model ASUS N VZ-S Processor nd Generation Intel Core i - QM Ivy Bridge CPU Speed DDR4 DDR3 or GHz Turbo Boost up to GHz MB Cache Screen Size inch Display x Full HD LED Backlit Memory GB RAM Graphics DDR3 or DDR4 Discrete NVIDIA GT M GPU with GB Memory and NVIDIA Optimus Technology Hard Drive TB Bang amp Olufsen Ice Power Audio System Connectivity USB x HDMI x VGA x Ethernet x Wi-Fi b g n x Bluetooth x DDR3 or DDR4 Multi Card Reader x or the Asus Zenbook U vz CPU Intel Core W Standard Voltage QC i - QM i - QM Operating System Windows Windows Pro Graphics NVIDIA GT M Z-height mm at the front mm at the rear Main DDR3 or DDR4 Memory DDR MHz GB on board Screen nits FHD IPS x Instant on Always resume in seconds USB charger Y I O port x mini VGA port x USB port x HDMI p support x audio jack combo x SD card reader x subwoofer jack x RJ USB Port SSD Generation Up to SATAIII GB SSD support RAID technology BT Bluetooth Battery W hrs Mic Array microphone Keyboard illuminated chiclet keyboard Camera HD p CMOS module Audio Built-in B amp O ICEpower audio system with external subwoofer Now the idea is that the n vz i can't find it anymore the u vz is a bit pricy and the most importent thing DDR is on the way So should i wait for the ddr or should i buy one of the laptops I am mainly using photo editing software such as CS and with loads of plugins Any advices and recommendations are more than welcomed

A:DDR3 or DDR4

They are Both DDR3 and the Bottom one the more Expensive has a SSD but they both do about the same

Just the one with 1tb will just be slower but ultimatly perform the same but if you want to be snappy and on the move the choice would be the 1200 dollar one or you can get the 800 dollar one and replace the 1TB HD for a SSD and use the one TB as a back up and put it in a enclosure

but at that point the cost would be around the same but if you have the money get the 512gb SSD and buy a back up Drive and your set
Relevancy 37.41%

I built this rig 9 months ago, now that Iv had windows 7 for a while I want to add 4 more gigs to this beast. From what I can tell ram is just as much as it was. Anyone have any cheap suggestions for some ddr3 1600 2x 2gig?

A:DDR3 RAM still as much as it was 9 months ago?

They're all over the place at newegg and similar sites.
Relevancy 37.41%

guys help me out,....which one should i buy?

512mb "DDR3" GT 240
1gb HD4670?

also should i change my power supply for any of these cards?
mine is a 450w power supply..

A:GT 240 512 DDR3 or HD 4670 1GB?

What is your current setup? CPU, motherboard, ram, ect.
I would go for the GT 240. The 4670 is a bit dated despite being a good card.

I would say even if you don't get one of those videocards you should still upgrade your powersupply. You don't cheap out on a PSU. If it dies it can take your whole computer with it.
Relevancy 37.41%

Would 4GB of DDR3 be the same as having 8GB of DDR2?

Which would you rather have?

Relevancy 37.41%

just got cmx6gx3m3a ram which is 3 x 2GB (1stick) and in bios they(both my sticks) only show up as 2gb a piece. reset cmos/bios and check volts (1.64) have i missed something? not sure what i have done wrong.

A:DDR3 RAM in i3 only shows 2GB not 6GB

Make and model of motherboard would help.
Relevancy 37.41%

hi, i was wondering if i had ddr3 tripple channel ram, can i use it on a ddr3 dual channel motherboard, is it backwards compadible with dual and tripple channel motherboards?

A:Solved: ddr3 ram

Yes, the RAM is the same. You could also use three sticks of RAM from two dual channel ram kits on a triple channel motherboard.
Relevancy 37.41%

I am getting to the stage with my desktop that it is painfully slow and are thinking off upgrading ram as a quick fix. This is just to get it through the next year without me throwing it out the window. However, I would be wondering with RAM the sort of questions: how much, which type is the most bang for your buck and would be looking for recommendations for individual products. Note: My price range is around $200.
Appreciate the help!!!