Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive

Q: Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive

I have read a lot of posts on this but here is my problem I am using Windows nbsp I have a Western Digital My Book World TB NAS nbsp nbsp The drive is mapped correctly Windows Still Drive Mapped (Always) to 7 Not Reconnecting nbsp I have added credentials nbsp through the credentials manager in the Control Panel nbsp The credentials are being remembered after logoff shut-down and re-boot nbsp nbsp If I shut-down and re-boot immediately or perhaps within a hour period the machine will reconnect to the nbsp mapped drive nbsp at logon nbsp However if more than hours elapses between shut-down and re-boot I get the now-very-familiar quot could not nbsp connect to all network drives quot message and nbsp both folders of the NAS are nbsp shown to be disconnected in nbsp Computer nbsp Of course a click on the correct folder will connect nbsp That is a pain and the rest of my family that uses this computer will not remember to do this every time nbsp It becomes quite a mess nbsp if iTunes is loaded with the NAS disconnected since the music library obviously will not load and will then need to be re-selected the next time the program is started nbsp I nbsp do not expect the other family members to be nbsp able to remember each of these steps nbsp Thus does anyone know Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive each and every thing that must be done in Windows to ensure that the mapped network drive will perpetually reconnect at logon nbsp I say quot each and every thing quot because Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive I have found that this is a highly nbsp iterative process nbsp I keep discovering additional steps that need to be taken upon further and further quot research quot nbsp There must be a more intuitive approach Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive

If WD cannot help on it, there is a workaround we can try. You may open Notepad and paste the following commands into Notepad.
net use [driveletter]: /delete net use [driveletter]: \\server\share /user:[username] password /persistent:yes
Please save this Notepad to a location with a name reconnect.bat.
Then, launch Task Scheduler, you may create scheduled task to run this *.bat file. Probably you can set it to run after several hours.
For more information regarding the “net use” command, please refer:
Technet Library - Net useArthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/10a47ea7-9ee4-49ff-9a00-f014bc7c623c/windows-7-still-not-always-reconnecting-to-mapped-drive?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 88.15%

I have a windows desktop with an SSD and regular mechanical hard drive where I keep my data I also have a laptop with a small SSD as well I wanted to keep the laptop free of non-critical data so I decided to setup a file share between my desktop win home prem and my laptop Win pro I was able share the files and navigate to my desktop through my reconnecting bootup network Mapped drive on not laptop I successfully mapped the folder as a network drive and all was well Then I rebooted and I was disconnected from it it remembered that it was there but I needed to manually connect to it and I needed to provide my login credentials There is no password just a username What is causing this and is there a way to get around this Also is there a way to set a timeout because if my desktop is not on and I want to use my laptop the boot times are much longer Mapped network drive not reconnecting on bootup compared to when I don't have the mapped network drive on my laptop at all

A:Mapped network drive not reconnecting on bootup

Hi there,
Although it's unlikely this was missed out, did you tick the checkbox when you mapped the network drive that allows you to reconnect at login?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264490-mapped-network-drive-not-reconnecting-bootup.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi I am trying to connect to a on Drive Boot Fails Network Reconnecting Mapped wireless Hard Drive storage unit with a PC running Vista Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails I can connect to it just fine with a login and password and all works well in that department My problem is with mapping it to a network drive I go through the motions My Computer - gt Map Network Drive - gt Select Drive Letter - gt sharedfolder and the login and password to connect are unique so I click connect using a different username and type in the correct information All seems well except that when I reboot I get the message that it could not Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails connect to the network drives If I try to access the drive it asks me for a password the username is what I set it to in the different username prompt and I type in the Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails same password that I put in at the different username prompt and it connects fine So the login and password are all correct it just doesn t want to connect on boot Any ideas as to what the problem may be Also while I m at it just a quick question When you connect to a shared network for the first time it will bring up that quot Connect To quot dialogue and ask for U P When you type it in you can connect to the drive but any subsequent times you try to connect it won t ask for the U P So how do I go about changing the user connecting to that device without having to log off and back on again b nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-mapped-network-drive-on-boot-fails.971197/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi all, I am running Vista Ultimate and have mapped a network drive which is on my file server (running Ubuntu 7.04). Vista maps it without any problems, but when I restart the computer, the message "could not reconnect all network drives" appears and find that I have to type the samba login name & password again. I have the Reconnect at logon box selected (as shown in screenshot below), so why is it not auto logging on?

A:Mapped network drive not auto reconnecting at startup - Vista

I just happened to see this so thought I'd mention...

I ran into the same problem with our only Vista user. The share mounts fine once the system has booted but it fails just as you reported for remembered connections. In our case the server is Windows Server 2003. I haven't made any real attempts to understand the problem but I threw a quick net use batch at it until time permits.

Just in case, create a batch file with:

net use mountdriveletter: \\server\share /user:username password

Put it or a shortcut to it into your startup programs directory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-not-auto-reconnecting-at-startup-vista.593131/
Relevancy 74.82%

My boss just bought 5 new Dell Dimension 2350 with XP home ed and wanted me to put them on the network. I've set them up and they can see the network fine, but when i map a drive and reboot the machine, the drives will not reconnect. I chose the options to reconnect but it still does not work.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something i can do to make sure it reconnects after a reboot?

A:mapped drives not reconnecting in XP

I've seen this happen, and haven't figured out why. Instead of wasting my time on the problem, I simply worked around it. In your startup folder, just make a new Batch file (.bat) with lines like:

net use s: \\server\shared

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drives-not-reconnecting-in-xp.119318/
Relevancy 65.79%

Client is laptop running on Vista Business. Server is Windows 2000. File is on Host running on XP SP2. I can map the drive on laptop to Host but when I try to run an application I get message:

You must run APPLICTATION_NAME from a mapped drive.

I am running application from mapped drive so why do I get this message?

Only weird thing I can mention is that I have to specify domain name and user name to connect to the mapped drive. But once I am connected I can open all files. But the application I need to run gives me the error message.

Help anyone?

A:message to connect through mapped drive while connected through mapped drive

Is the application on the host or just the data?

Does another machine connect correctly?

If the app. is on a host along w/ the data, have you tried installing the application on your machine and accessing the data over the lan.

Other thoughts:
sometimes applications require an exact data path. For example, f:\app
this info is stored on the host. When you map your local drive, you choose m:\app

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/message-to-connect-through-mapped-drive-while-connected-through-mapped-drive.754176/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone,

I have a two computer network and computer 1 acts as the server so I have created sharing for a certain location. from computer 2 I mapped the network drve z:\ and I can get into the folder but if I try to save anything I get a permission error. Any thoughts how to fix this?

I am running Vista home Premium.

Thanks,
Tony

A:Mapped Drive on Windows Vista

Goto this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ver-the-network-from-windows-vista-inside-out and scroll down to advanced sharing, the folder you have as a network share needs the 'write' permission to add to a file/folder to the folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drive-on-windows-vista.1097677/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi All:

Using Group Policy to map drives on a windows 2003 Server set as a domain controller. on some windows 8.1 pro machines I never get the drive mappings and on others I get the mappings but it take 5 minutes or so before they show up. No issues with windows 7 pro however. Any thoughts?

NFD12

A:No Mapped drive showing in Windows 8.1 Pro

Windows 8 has always had an issue when loading up file shares. It gets even worse with Windows 10.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63608-no-mapped-drive-showing-windows-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Does anyome else find that that win7 continually prompts for username and password of mapped drives - apparently ignoring the "remember my..." check box?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ef9b42b2-5695-4ac4-8aea-745aa532b981/windows-7-forgets-mapped-drive-credentials?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

I know this might sound stupid..... mostly because to a certain extent, it is...

I mapped my google drive to my HDDs list using CMD. Worked great (short of the locked permissions logo in the bottom left of all the folders despite having ownership of the folder but thats O.K. for now!). The problem is that because its not really its own drive and is part of my C:\ drive, it thinks that it is almost a Tb large. I don't suppose there is a way to fake the actual drive size in windows, at all? I don't like memory patchers for these sorts of things... just one more service to deal with. Perhaps, is there a way to adjust it in the registry? or something? I don't exactly want the bar gone all together, because it is useful, I am just too OC to look at it and see the wrong denominator value...

Thanks for the help

A:Is there a way to make windows believe that a mapped drive is smaller

I highly doubt such a facility exists.
What legitimate reason could there be why such should be provided? I can think of several why it shouldn't.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339920-there-way-make-windows-believe-mapped-drive-smaller.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Recently upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

I have a Synology NAS, Mapped as P: on my computer.

I can see the P: in Windows Explorer. However, in several applications. Most notably Photoshop CC, After Effects CC and 3ds Max 2013. The P: is not accessible from the open dialogue box. Nor can i enter the path manually.

Windows Explorer:
Photoshop CC:
3ds Max 2013:
Any idea why this is happening and how i can fix it?

Cheers,
Evan

A:Windows 8.1 - Mapped drive not showing up in Applications

From what I have read it's required to update the Synology in order for the mapping to work.

Download Center - Synology Inc. Network Attached Storage - NEW NAS Experience

Source: Windows 8 - I installed windows 8 and cannot access/map to my - Microsoft Community

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35342-windows-8-1-mapped-drive-not-showing-up-applications.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi My client uses a D-Link DNS- NAS with Dell Vostro Windows Professional -bit desktops Each user account has a startup batch file with net use commands to map their shares to the NAS which functions properly Windows Explorer shows all shares connected and each share is accessible on the NAS One of the computers has a separate Backup account and hard drive for the daily backup using Backup all Professional v Similar to above it [SOLVED] Problem Drive Windows Mapped 7 Credentials also uses a separate startup batch file to map drives The problem we encounter is that in Backup all there is a screen to select the Source folders to be backed up Each [SOLVED] Windows 7 Mapped Drive Credentials Problem share appears with a red x indicating there is no network connection see image below [SOLVED] Windows 7 Mapped Drive Credentials Problem Clicking [SOLVED] Windows 7 Mapped Drive Credentials Problem on each share prompts for a password and is also check marked to remember However if the computer is restarted or the Backup account is logged off the credentials are lost and must be re-established in Backup all Windows credential manager shows all of the above share information and the persistence is Enterprise I have researched Windows security settings and have revised local policy with no improvement Network security LAN Manager authentication level - gt Send NTLM response only Network security Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based including secure RPC clients - gt No minimum Network security Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based including secure RPC servers - gt No minimum And the following policy setting is already Disabled Network access Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authentication Thanks in advance for any help on this

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 Mapped Drive Credentials Problem

Some additional information:

Windows Explorer shows all drives properly connected and the shares are accessible. Here is the startup batch file content:

net use N: \\NAS1\Keith <password> /USER:NAS1\Keith /PERSISTENT:YES
net use R: \\NAS2\Evan <password> /USER:NAS2\Evan /PERSISTENT:YES
net use S: \\NAS3\BWQM <password> /USER:NAS3\Keith /PERSISTENT:YES
net use V: \\NAS4\Ken <password> /USER:NAS4\Ken /PERSISTENT:YES
net use W: \\NAS5\Holly <password> /USER:NAS5\Holly /PERSISTENT:YES
net use X: \\NAS6\Debbie <password> /USER:NAS6\Debbie /PERSISTENT:YES

Windows 7 Hosts file: This technique is necessary to prevent a single Windows account using multiple user credentials!

# Define virtual NAS devices for running Backup4all
192.168.0.210 NAS1 # NAS alias for drive N: Keith
192.168.0.210 NAS2 # NAS alias for drive R: Evan
192.168.0.210 NAS3 # NAS alias for drive S: BWQM
192.168.0.210 NAS4 # NAS alias for drive V: Ken
192.168.0.210 NAS5 # NAS alias for drive W: Holly
192.168.0.210 NAS6 # NAS alias for drive X: Debbie

Backup4all is started and minimized on the task bar at startup. If I go into Backup4all properties to Add Folder, each network drive shows the red x.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-mapped-drive-credentials-problem-561913.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've been managing a group of stores running peer-to-peer NT 4.0 Workstations for a few years now. In each location, we have two pc's, but no dedicated server or NT Server OS. We have seen problems with NT's re-establishing mapped network drives upon startup from the very beginning. Our machines will at times boot up and successfully appear to make reconnections to mapped drives, giving no errors. However, when programs open that require the use of data on the mapped drives, we find that the mappings have not truly been restored. In Explorer, the drive mappings show the red mark over them, but you can immediately expand the folders and view files over the wire. Is there a tried-and-true way to re-establish the network mappings through some sort of batch file in Startup? Also, is this a bug?

Thanks in advance for help!

[Edited by BrettD on 05-25-2001 at 11:04 AM]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-nt-giving-false-mapped-drive-status.44655/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a script that installs a predefined set of Microsoft hotfixes on new systems that come through our shop.  I'm having an issue where I can not get any hotfix to install over a mapped drive.  If I copy the .msu files to a local drive and/or usb attached drive they install with no issues.  This occurs on multiple machines.

OS: Windows 7 Pro SP1 32bit (Note same error occurs on Win7 SP1 64 also when using the appropriate 64bit hf)

The error windows displays: Windows Update Standalone Installer: Installer encountered an error: 0x80070003. The system cannot find the path specified.

Event Log entry: Windows update could not be installed because of error 2147942403 "The system cannot find the path specified." (Command line: ""C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe" "Z:\Documents\DV\OS_Hotfixes\Win7-2008\32bit\Windows7SP1\Windows6.1-KB2446710-x86.msu" ")

Any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532705/windows-os-hotfixes-will-not-install-over-mapped-drive-0x80070003/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All

I am on a Work Network at work, windows 7 PC on a windows domain

I have a mapped network drive called \\persr11. Now it is mapped to the drive letter F:. Now the problem is that when I try to access the drive from Windows Explorer(Computer), it says: "F:\ is not accessible. Device is not ready."

However, when I access it from the search bar like this: \\persr11, it goes into the drive, all fine.

How do I remap the network drive to the letter F to access it? Prefereble Command Prompt please. I tried the following command but it did not work, not for F: and not for any other letter:

net use f: /persistent:yes \persr11

A:Mapped Network Drive accessible, just not from Windows Explorer

If you go to command prompt, or make a batch file this will work. Make sure right after the \\SERVERNAME\Directory
net use f: \\persr11\DIRECTORY /user:LOGIN_NAME PASSWORD

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/290616-mapped-network-drive-accessible-just-not-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All

I am on a Work Network at work, windows 7 PC on a windows domain

I have a mapped network drive called \\persr11. Now it is mapped to the drive letter F:. Now the problem is that when I try to access the drive from Windows Explorer(Computer), it says: "F:\ is not accessible. Device is not ready."

However, when I access it from the search bar like this: \\persr11, it goes into the drive, all fine.

How do I remap the network drive to the letter F to access it? Prefereble Command Prompt please. I tried the following command but it did not work, not for F: and not for any other letter:

net use f: /persistent:yes \persr11

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-accessible-just-not-from-windows-explorer.1099229/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a client (on a windows 2000 SP4 client) that sees the network drive as 1GB only - and therefore with no free space, even though there is 32 GB free!! Both Server (SBS 2003) and client are using NTFS. When I try to save a file to the network, I get Disk Full error.

Any idea's greatly appreciated.

vermonty

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-client-sees-mapped-drive-as-full.354851/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am running a Windows XP workstation (SP2). I am mapped to network drives, some on my local domain, and others on another domain on which my domain account is connected. I am able to map to all drives and read, write, change, etc to all files in all of these drives. I can run a window explorer search on all the drives mapped on my local domain. When I run a search, even for any file, on the mapped drives on the other domain, windows explorer very quickly comes back stating:
"Search is complete. There are no results to display".

Has anyone encountered such an issue before? I have never seen this type of behavior. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-search-on-mapped-network-drive-on-windows-2003-server.729521/
Relevancy 58.05%

First and foremost We did NOT have these issues with Windows XP and still run over XP machines that have NONE of these problems We mapped progress bar green red slow latency Windows drive X and 7 with are having ongoing problems with Windows and mapped drive latency on our network Our environment is Windows 7 mapped drive latency with slow green progress bar and red X as follows Multiple servers running Windows amp R some VMware servers including our file server Windows x came preloaded on a brand new Lenovo thinkpad gb memory This occurs on different laptops This problem ALSO occurs in exactly the same way on an HP Compaq x desktop running Windows All systems are fully patched amp up to date on SP's Running IP amp on all servers amp Win machines Connected to GB Cisco switch We run login scripts via GPOs that map drives with net use commands to shares on our fileserver drives G H and S A fourth mapped drive to an IBM Iseries does NOT experience these issues In Windows Explorer mapped drives may or may not appear with red X's but when clicked on they hang with a spinner and the green bar at the top of Explorer begins to run This occurs randomly but usually not right after boot up It can take over a minute to complete Also in Word which has references to these drives in file locations file opening and saves can be very slow as it attempts to access these shares This issue has delayed our roll out of Windows Its unacceptably slow and cannot be used in a production environment We have tried every suggestion we can find on the Internet Turned off autotuning indexing thumbnails set autodisconnect to the max both and ffffffff Server amp clients No luck Changed properties on the mapped drives to optimize for documents no change Changes setting on the network cards to disable flow control set static link speed amp duplex Network drivers have been updated Even tried using our wireless network and disabling wired connection no change All bios and hardware updates are completed no change Turned on and off network discovery no change Disabled SMB on servers amp clients no change Disabled firewalls and unloaded antivirus Trend no change Safe boot with networking amp clean boot with no services other than Microsoft no change There has GOT to be a solution to this problems or Windows is dead in the water for us I have laptops in boxes that we can't roll out Please post ANY ideas

A:Windows 7 mapped drive latency with slow green progress bar and red X

Have you tried adjusting the MTU settings? The link below explains the problems with MTU settings and how it can effect both wired and wireless connections to NAS drives.

Wireless Performance Issues with Vista/Windows7 and the ReadyNAS | Bott&#039;s Thoughts

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130714-windows-7-mapped-drive-latency-slow-green-progress-bar-red-x.html
Relevancy 57.62%

First and foremost nbsp We did NOT have these issues with Windows XP and still run over XP machines that have NONE of these problems We are having ongoing problems with Windows and mapped drive latency on our network nbsp Our environment drive slow X bar with and progress Explorer Windows green red mapped latency in 7 is as follows Multiple servers running Windows amp R some VMware servers including our file server Windows x Windows 7 mapped drive latency with slow green progress bar and red X in Explorer came preloaded on a brand new Lenovo thinkpad gb memory nbsp This occurs on different laptops nbsp This problem ALSO occurs in exactly the same way on an HP nbsp Compaq nbsp x desktop running Windows nbsp nbsp All systems are fully patched amp up to date on SP's nbsp Running IP amp on all servers amp Win machines Connected to GB Cisco switch We run nbsp login scripts nbsp via GPOs that map drives with nbsp net use commands nbsp to shares on our fileserver drives G H and S nbsp nbsp A fourth mapped drive to an IBM Iseries does NOT experience these issues In Windows Explorer mapped drives may or may not appear with red X's but when clicked on they hang with a spinner and the green bar at the top of Explorer begins to run nbsp This occurs randomly but usually not right after boot up nbsp It can take over a minute to complete nbsp Also in nbsp Word which has references to these drives in file locations file opening and saves can be very slow as it attempts to access these shares This issue has delayed our nbsp roll out of Windows nbsp nbsp Its unacceptably slow nbsp and cannot be used nbsp in a production nbsp environment nbsp We have tried every suggestion we can find on the Internet Turned off autotuning indexing thumbnails set autodisconnect to the max both and ffffffff nbsp Server amp clients nbsp No luck Changed properties on the mapped drives to optimize for documents no change Changes setting on the network cards to disable flow control set static link speed amp duplex nbsp Network drivers have been updated nbsp Even tried using our wireless network and disabling wired connection no change All bios and hardware updates are completed no change Turned on and off network discovery no change Disabled SMB on servers amp clients no change Disabled firewalls and unloaded antivirus Trend no change There has GOT to be a solution to this problems or Windows is dead in the water for us nbsp I have laptops in boxes that we can't roll out nbsp Please post ANY ideas nbsp nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/11f57e00-6e46-4bda-aff7-7b923d10f355/windows-7-mapped-drive-latency-with-slow-green-progress-bar-and-red-x-in-explorer?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

a mapped drive shows as disconnected but still work in terms of getting into the shared network folder on our NAS.  but i want to remove it.  the commapnt prompt command wont do it.  you cant disconnected it because it doesnt see a networked
drive.  and i looked in the registry and there isnt a registry entry for the mapped drive. in the mountpoint2 or whatever. 

A:Windows 7 mapped network drive. shows as disconnected, cannot remove, not showing in registry

To troubleshoot, disconnect the connection first. Please refer to:
How To Disconnect Non-Mapped UNC Path “Drives” in Windows
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16196/how-to-disconnect-non-mapped-unc-path-drives-in-windows/Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cdb846a2-4db5-4240-99f4-f8a293bc1765/windows-7-mapped-network-drive-shows-as-disconnected-cannot-remove-not-showing-in-registry?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.47%

I keep receiving the following Warning : RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE... Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your File History drive and run a backup.
How do I reconnect The File History and run a backup please.  I am on Windows 8.1

A:RECONNECTING DRIVE

File History is looking for your external drive that you set up for backups. If you no longer have that ext hard drive, open file history and turn it OFF. Open Control Panel and search for Backup to find it.
You need to have an external drive to store File History backups. Meantime, copy your personal files you don't want to lose--music, photos, docs etc to other media like usb thumb drives, cds, dvds or network drives. Remember that backups stored on your internal hard drive defeat the purpose of having backups. Backups are needed when that drive fails.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19642232
Relevancy 54.61%

When i plug in my flashdrive to USB port
Its detected (coz theres sound after plugging in) but its immediately disconnect/reconnect after 2-3secs
I know the basic of electronics but i cannot apply it because my flashdrive case is fixed.
Is there any software that can fix it.?
Please help me.

A:USB Flash Drive always reconnecting

Hi there .... Is your flash drive damaged ? Have you tried using it in other usb ports ?..... Or on another computer... ?...Do other Devices work with your usb ports ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295280-usb-flash-drive-always-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB G Total keeps reconnecting Hard Drive - MB Free - MB H Total Hard Drive keeps reconnecting - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- GM-UD H Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Hello I m having Hard Drive keeps reconnecting trouble with my Hard Drive Whenever I m in a game it will be running fine without a hiccup for around an hour and then it will pop up with quot Steam exe has failed quot or something along those lines The game will force close and a few minutes later a bunch of autoplay windows will start popping up for my partitions showing that the drive has been connected I ve reformatted the hard drive using Windows Disk Management reinstalled the games completely It could be my PSU but I m not sure how to go about checking if this is the problem The only game that has caused it to crash is Football Manager but I have completely re installed that game and the problem still occurs The hard drive is internal not external I have ran CrystalDiskInfo before and after the format Before the format it gave me a Caution sign for C Current Pending Sector Count but after the format this caution sign went away and the health status was changed to Good Could anybody provide some advice Thanks nbsp

A:Hard Drive keeps reconnecting

You can test the HDD using the drive manufacturers disk tools. Run the short and long tests. If either test fails or has errors, the drive is faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-keeps-reconnecting.1099767/
Relevancy 54.18%

Like the title states: my external dvd drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from both the front and rear USB ports of my PC. It appears in Device Manager for a second and then disappears. The drive is connected via a SATA/USB converter and plugged directly into an electrical socket.

It also makes loading and ejecting sounds.

This is really frustrating at this point...

Thanks for your input!

A:External DVD Drive keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Is this a laptop?

How often does it connect/disconnect?

Does it do it while in use or after being left alone?

Is your computer putting it to sleep?

Change your power plan to max performance and see if the problem goes away.

If it does we can tweak the settings and go bacvk to your normal power plan

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/25706-external-dvd-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So I have this pretty sweet flash drive GB and USB I used it for a while but it wasn't fast enough so I enabled write caching The downside to write caching is that unplugging the flash drive without ejecting is more dangerous I don't know if this was the problem or even when the problem started but one day my flash drive stopped working A while later it started saying it was unformatted I forgot what I did But today I went to format it After plugging it in the quot You need to format this drive to format it Would you like to do that now quot popped up I closed it then it popped up again And again And again and again and again These windows also interuppted whatever I was doing being thrusted on top of all the other windows Also they happened every single second reconnecting second. disconnecting every Flash and keeps drive On quot Computer quot I could see my flash drive disappearing and reappearing for a Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. brief moment every second System Specs Intel i - M CPU GHz Intel HD Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. Graphics Jealous GB RAM Windows professional service pack TOSHIBA Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. Laptop DXDiag Pastebin com I recently enabled my paging file if that means anything That's all I can remember doing I'm pretty much unable to do anything with the drive because I only have time to type one letter before yet another formatting window pops up Also the drive keeps disconnecting or something so any formats will fail I have used a USB SSD and other flash drive today and they both worked fine

A:Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
What exact model flash drive sweet is not a specific description

I'd say the error would most like say must initialize caused by not properly removing the device
let windows initialize it you pretty much have no choice as far as I know :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388540-flash-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting-every-second.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi
for no obvious reason my transcend store jet 25M3 1TB suddenly started on disconnecting and right away reconnecting
but only from my front USB3 port (p.s. i have another external HDD exactly the same just a drop more new that i can't decide if it also has the problem but if it does for sure not at the extend of the first one)
what i already did
i already disabled the USB power settings
downloaded the latest USB3 drivers
installed the latest firmware for the hard drive
it's the same PC as my specs
what could i do
thanks

A:External hard drive keeps disconnecting then reconnecting

please i am desperate no on knows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369158-external-hard-drive-keeps-disconnecting-then-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an XP Laptop that is used to record video for our high school football team. When we are donw using the video on the laptop we store it on a TerraStation 2TB server in the office. It is always on and connected to a hub that the laptop is hooked to when on.

My problem is this.... when the laptop is turned on, the network drive I set up shows "disconnected", and consequently, the application for transferring the video to the server doesn't show the network drive to select... after I click on the network drive in "my computer", the application will then see the network drive.

My question is how to make this automatically connect when the computer boots. I set it up to "reconnect at logon", but it does not without me opening the drive 1st...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Rick

A:Networked Drive not Auto reconnecting ay logon

Reconnect at Logon not working

Me, too; I have XP Pro SP2 with automatic updates on 5 systems, and just this one fails: after most reboots, if I launch an application that was last working on a file in the mapped network drive, it comes up "unavailable" or "file not found" unless I visit Windows Explorer first.

I even tried putting batch files with shortcuts "n:\dummy.txt" and "m:\dummy.txt" in my Startup group, to force references to my M: and N: drives, and that isn't even enough!

No domains, just workgroup peer networking here. Like I say, works on all my other systems, has for years, just my latest Gateway Profile 6 acts different.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networked-drive-not-auto-reconnecting-ay-logon.86270/
Relevancy 53.75%

ok so im sure you have seen this all before its a common issue but a long time ago i have fixed this issue but i forgot how i have already tried all the fixes i could find on the internet i disabled quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on every port i also went to power settings and disabled use selective suspend setting on EVERY POWER PROFILE and i also updated the usb extensible drivers and the intel series intel chipset drivers but everytime i disconnecting drive USB keeps i move reconnecting files 3.0 and when plug my external HDD to my new laptop the first port sometimes just keep connecting and disconnecting instantly and on the second port it connects and stay connected but if i move a big file it will start flickering on and off small files i can move and yes i know about the radiation USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files that devices output and i have moved the drive away from the laptop last step is to disable wifi and try again didnt work ps usb ports work fine

A:USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

Dell inspiron USB 3.0 Problem - YouTube

i have this problem whenever i connect a usb 3 on a usb 3 port. Is it the same thing?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/31879-usb-3-0-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting-when-i-move-files.html
Relevancy 53.32%

A laptop has 5 mapped drives which are only used on the office. Offline files is not an option. When a user on the road clicks on a mapped drive by mistake, the explorer window locks up while it tries to find it.

OK, but what is infuriating is what it does when it can't fid it.
Instead of doing something sensible like taking the explorer window to C: drive or desktop, it goes to the next drive letter. Of course this is also unavailable. So the machine is essentially unusable for about 5 minutes if the user mis-clicks once.

Any way to change this behaviour ?
XP Home and Pro.

A:When mapped drive not found, explorer goes to next drive letter. Delays.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-mapped-drive-not-found-explorer-goes-to-next-drive-letter-delays.537627/
Relevancy 52.89%

As my computer has become increasingly unstable I intend to use the manufacturer's restore discs and start again from scratch. I have a secondary hard disk installed which is used exclusively for data storage. I do not wish to lose this data (most of it is backed up on CD/DVD but it would be a real hassle to reload and reorganise it all).

When I reinstall Windows will it ignore the secondary drive and just reformat to the C: drive?

Being of a nervous disposition I thought of disconnecting the secondary drive before the reinstall and reconnecting after I had got the main drive sorted. What will happen on reconnecting the secondary drive? Will all data still be intact and accessible?

Relevancy 52.89%

so here is an oddball question. how would i go about reconnecting to a network share drive, after changing the ip address of the computer im using, using a command prompt?

A:reconnecting to a network drive after changing computer ip address

You'd connect to it the same way as before. Changing a computer's IP address shouldn't prevent you from connecting to a network share unless you gave the computer an IP address on a different range, in which case you'd need to change that devices IP address to match the new network IP scheme. Can you clarify what you did and what IP addresses the network device and the computer have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-to-a-network-drive-after-changing-computer-ip-address.1149753/
Relevancy 52.46%

I after and keyboard drive system hard Several disconnecting reconnecting errors a am having a issue with my father's desktop pc He has an HP Pavilion p f AMD Several hard drive system errors after disconnecting and reconnecting a keyboard Athlon II X GHz Quadcore Processor GB of memory TB SATA HD WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM Anyways this computer has run perfectly the past years we've had it until tonight I have been borrowing the Several hard drive system errors after disconnecting and reconnecting a keyboard keyboard that came along with it wired USB kb at night for my laptop as I spilled coffee on my wireless one and haven't replaced it yet Several times today the Pavilion would quot freeze up quot and the only way I could get it to shut down was by either hitting CTRL-Alt-DLT then unplugging the kb or manually turning the PC off The third time I went to restart it I got an error stating quot Checking file system on C The type of the file system is NTFS volume label is HP One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency quot So I allowed the chkdsk to run and when it got to about complete it started saying things like quot deleting such and such file on label xyz etc quot It did this for about - minutes By the time the OS finally loaded we got multiple error messages that Adobe and several other applications were corrupted I opened up the quot HP ADVISOR HP TOTAL CARE application that comes with the computer and it mentioned several things needed to be fixed and downloaded It got halfway thru that and gave me and error saying quot at HPAssistant Data dsActiveCheckRes load ACResults String filterCategory Boolean include Ignored quot This was in a popup message so I just closed it I was finally able to run quot Startup Repair quot and it told me quot Attempting repairs Repairing disk errors This might take over an hour to complete quot Well about minutes later it said it thought it had solved the problem and asked us to press a key to restart and make sure there were no more issues As soon as we rebooted we got the final error message quot Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Boot Device and press a key quot Tried to reboot several times after that and now the PC is stuck at the initial screen where it lists quot F -Setup ESC-Boot Menu F -System Recovery F -Diagnostics quot I cannot get the computer past this point now and it will not recognize the keyboard at all Could switching in and out the keyboard several times along with manually shutting down the PC have damaged the main hard drive Every time I re-attached the keyboard to the PC and to my laptop it would have to find and then reinstall new drivers from the web My laptop runs Windows Home Premium -bit Could I have gotten a virus etc from this Any help is GREATLY appreciated and sorry for the novel Aaron

A:Several hard drive system errors after disconnecting and reconnecting a keyboard

also, we tried boot from a restore disk my dad already had and the cd-rom drive doesn't even try to load it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/several-hard-drive-system-errors-after-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-a-keyboard-671603.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

Basically the title of this post explains it all. we have a user in our company who maps to a drive in XP e.g. \\server001\smith_j$ and then has the drive mapped also in Citrix. recently he has reported that his XP mapped drive is no longer matching the citrix mapped drive. the citrix drive is much more populated and accurate.

Can anyone explain why this could be? It must be something on the local computer. It is mapping to the correct location but giving back the wrong folder!!!!

A:Mapped drive in XP differs from drive in Citrix

bazpaul said:

Hi all,

Basically the title of this post explains it all. we have a user in our company who maps to a drive in XP e.g. \\server001\smith_j$ and then has the drive mapped also in Citrix. recently he has reported that his XP mapped drive is no longer matching the citrix mapped drive. the citrix drive is much more populated and accurate.

Can anyone explain why this could be? It must be something on the local computer. It is mapping to the correct location but giving back the wrong folder!!!!Click to expand...
First off, do you use login scripts for your users, or are all drives mapped manually??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drive-in-xp-differs-from-drive-in-citrix.642809/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All

One of our users has a problem regarding their drives. It would appear that the mapped SharePoint drive (w:) has the same space as their system drive (c:). Since their system drive space is low it means that they cannot save anything to the SharePoint.
 I've tried remapping the drive but the same problem occurs. Another thing to note is that another two mapped drives (k:) and (g:) are showing the same space on file explorer. Even though their contents are completely different. Nobody else in the company
is having this problem.

Any ideas?

Regards
Jason

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1e6570b5-9af7-4e44-9227-c3233c477f6a/mapped-sharepoint-drive-the-same-as-system-drive?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.6%

I just built a new computer for work. Our server is mapped as letter ?F? and this works unless I leave a USB card reader plugged in when I shut it down. On boot up one of the drives on the card reader gets assigned ?F? and the mapped drive doesn?t work. I then have to remove the card reader and re-boot. I would prefer to leave the card reader plugged in. is there a way to lock or reserve the drive letters on one or the other to prevent the conflict? I solved this on my previous machine (XP pro) here but can?t remember how.

Thanks

A:Mapped drive & USB drive letter conflict

Welcome to SF,

See if this Tutorial helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190238-mapped-drive-usb-drive-letter-conflict.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a username that wants to access a mapped drive through Terminal Services.

If I make them a normal user in the AD they see the mapped drive, but as soon as I move the user in the Terminal Services users in AD, the mapped drive is no longer there.

How can I show this?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

The laptop that I've taken over has a mapped drive to a user folder on our server. I want to remap this to my user folder.

If I disconnect the drive it tells me that 2 files are in use and then everytime I log back in, it reconnects. I've also tried remapping the new folder to the same map and over-riding it which works, until I log off, and resets again when I log back in.

I can't see what files are in use, I can see nothing obvious like startup items.

A:Mapped drive

Try this:

Disconnect the drive
Remap the drive the same way you have been doing it but male sure that "reconnect at logon in unchecked"
Log off and log back on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drive.464940/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've changed the path of a mapped drive but everytime the user logs in, the drive shows disconnected. Once it is clicked on it opens ok though.

Is there a way to resolve this as the user is a ts user and I'll be removing the access for him to open the drive directly

A:Mapped drive

I am assuming this a problem within the TS session not on the local computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drive.500183/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi!
i have simcity 3000 installed on my host computer and recently, i decided to play it on the comfort of my bed via local area network on my laptop. my laptop is a pretty old windows 95 system but still quite a workhorse. anyways, ive already installed it on my Toshiba Libretto using the cd drive on my host computer since this does not have a cd drive of its own. now when i try to play it, it keeps prompting me to insert the cd rom. now what i want to ask is if there is some command line switch for the shortcut so that it would look for the cd rom on the mapped drive. or if there is some way to specify the path for it in the registry or something. any help is much appreciated

happy new year everyone

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-cd-rom-drive.111302/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a client that I getting ready to take over his computers. The person before me set up two computers. Comp1 is the server and Comp2 is this the client; however they are both running xp pro. Comp1 has to be on for Comp2 to work and see the mapped drive. Now my client has a router which these two computers are attached. Also, for Comp2 to access the internet Comp1 has to be on as well. This just does not make sense. One last thing every so often Comp2 will say that the mapped drive can not find the server. Just strange....I need help
Adam Cohen

A:mapped drive

Why? Are there security, network, or software issues? Were there more computers connected to the "server" at one time?
Curiosity makes me ask you for an update when you figger it out... But

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mapped-drive.67349/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

My network mapped drive is not opening. its showing "application can not run in win32 mode"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mapped-drive-error-203126.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys.

My first post! I signed up hoping somebody can help me.

When I upgraded from XP (a long time ago) I deleted all the thumbs.db files.

I can see thumbnails on my local C: drive.

If I browse my network drive I can see thumbnails.

But I have also mapped my network drive as Z:. If I browse the mapped drive I can't see thumbnails.

Can anybody confirm that they can/cannot see thumbnails on mapped drives that don't contain thumbs.db.

Thanks for looking.

Edit: Folders don't initially incorporate Folder.jpg into their thumbnail. If I browse into the folder I can see the thumbnail for Folder.jpg only. If I then return to the parent folder the folder now incorporates Folder.jpg into it's thumbnail.

A:No Thumbnails for MAPPED Drive

Would love some help with this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202627-no-thumbnails-mapped-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there,

i am runing a network with a shared folder on my win me pc... shaired as Z: on all machines. this has been working fine on ME and XP however now on Vista when i run my job program it looks for Z:\deamers\job.mdb and z:\deamers\info.mdb it tells me that the path is invalid.

i have created the Z network share many times now but it just dont seem to want to work. is there somthing im missing or does vista just do it a different way?

a speedy reply on this would be appriciated as i MUST have it sorted by thursday!

thanks in advanced

A:Mapped network drive

just to let you know i have now fixed this problem. the netowrk location was set to public and so was restriction what i could do. have chanved it to private and the program now runs fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive.575079/
Relevancy 50.74%

I can t disconnect some drives that are mapped on a WinXP Pro mapped drive Cannot disconnect workstation I wanted to remove the drive mapping names as they were badly outdated and so deleted the registry key HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer ComputerDescriptions where the entries were found Cannot disconnect mapped drive and then rebooted Now the connections show up as quot Disconnected Network Drive quot but all still work However I can t disconnect any of them and the quot Disconnected Network Drive quot will not update to the name of the machine share even when I go into the share and use it Really this is a test machine because I wanted to apply a reg via policyto clear out the strings on logon logoff so that these were fixed all over the company I don t understand why this thing is misbehaving though the key get s recreated and has the name of one machine but not the others Any ideas how I can fix this nbsp

A:Cannot disconnect mapped drive

Have you tried the "net use" command yet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-disconnect-mapped-drive.538549/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all Im having a problem with a network share We have computers setup in the office all xp pro then we have another computer we use as little file server also xp pro On the server we have folders Mapped problem drive that all all shared Mapped drive problem on the network and mapped as network drives on the office computers of the drives have full permissions for everyone of the drives are set so only users can access them Up until yesterday this has worked fine for months But then yesterday one of the computers could no longer access the restricted drives No usersnames or password have been changed and no one other than myself has access to the file sharing pc so no permissions have changed The computer can still access the drives with with no permissions but the other cant be access Ive disabled all firewalls on both the server and the client computer ive tried deleting the mapped drive and mapping again but nothing works ive double checked the server and Mapped drive problem all permissions are set correctly still anyone have any idea what can be causing this access denied Thanks Adam

Relevancy 50.74%

When a user account is logged off, the mapped network drive icon disappears and the connection to the network share is lost. The share can be accessed by entering in the full path to the share in the address bar of explorer. The drive can be remapped and it will function properly until the account is logged off.

A:mapped drive disappears after log out

I may be missing something here, but that is completely normal. Once you log off, you log off, all your mapped drives will disconnect and applications will close too. ?? Am I missing something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114698-mapped-drive-disappears-after-log-out.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have tried both solutions below to disable the disconnecting of the mapped drives but it doesn't work.
When i go to My computer or windows explorer all the mapped drives show disconnected but if i double click on them i get everything thats there and then they show they are connected. I have a program that runs off a mapped drive and if i don't first activate the connection of the mapped drive then the program won't work.
Is there any other solution?

net config server /autodisconnect:-1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer
Autodisconnect = 0xffffffff

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drive-keep-disconnecting.500524/
Relevancy 50.74%

Windows 2K takes a very long time to stop searching for mapped drives that are not available. I heard there is a registry entry for the time-out period, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know where to find this entry. On minute seems to be plenty long. The 15 minute default is wasting a lot of time.

Thanks,

A:Mapped Drive Time Out

If you aren't using them any longer just delete the reference to them in Windows Explorer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drive-time-out.470319/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a computer running Windows 7 Enterprise with a network drive mapped to another commuter running Windows XP Professional. The C drive in the computer with XP went bad and the computer was replaced. However I cannot disconnect the mapped
drive.
If I try to disconnect it using the context menu option in Windows Explorer it brings up a dialog box that says, "This network connection does not exist," and does not disconnect it. I have also tried to disconnect it from the command line:
C:\>net use Z: /delete
The network connection could not be found.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2250.

C:\>net helpmsg 2250
The network connection could not be found.

C:\>
This problem is very annoying. Please help.

A:Mapped drive will not disconnect

In cmd windows, you can directly type command 'net use' to see the net connection.
If the Z: doesn't existed in the list, 'the network connection could not be found' is normal.
And you can directly define a new network location to Z:.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b611f1e0-2364-455c-b2ae-e6bd0c73bb86/mapped-drive-will-not-disconnect?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

I mapped HELP - drive disconnect Can't have been using a mapped drive successfully for many months but today suddenly it was no longer accessible I disconnected it with the intention to re-mapping it to fix the problem However even after disconnecting it HELP - Can't disconnect mapped drive the drive is still visible in explorer It has a red cross against it and has been renamed as 'disconnected drive' When checking in cmd exe using net use the drive is no longer shown as connected - but is still listed in explorer And what's even stranger even with the drive showing as disconnected when clicking on the icon the drive opens correctly and shows the contents of the network drive However programs using data stored on this drive can no longer access it When trying to re-map it again the drive letter is no longer available in the alphabetical list as it it still showing in explorer How can I completely remove HELP - Can't disconnect mapped drive this 'disconnected' drive from explorer so that it can be re-mapped Rebooting didn't help Thanks in advance for any suggestions

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2802fc35-5429-4ac7-be85-ac1606477052/help-cant-disconnect-mapped-drive?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

A user is using Windows XP and the computer is not part of the domain. The user is mapping a shared network drive. She can map the network drive but after she reboots she cannot connect to the drive. The error message is “Microsoft Windows Network: Element not found. This connection has not been restored” If the drive is disconnected and remapped, the drive will reconnect but the error message comes back after the user reboots the computer.

A:Problem with Mapped Drive

you can create a batch file and stick it in the startup folder on xp...
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

open notepad, and use the following commands:

net use X: /delete /y
net use X: \\computername\sharename

where X is the drive letter you want to use.
computer name and sharename is self explanitory.
save it as filename.bat under the above link and you're set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-mapped-drive.493033/
Relevancy 50.74%

My windows 7 mapped drives are not showing the same information.

I have updated an excell file , but other users are not seeing the update

Have disconnted the mapped drive but the information is not being updated.

any help here would be appreciated.

A:Mapped drive not in sync

Alright I can see that you have a network and everything.. please explain how your network is set up. Do you have a file server or is everyone connecting your computer to see the file

please explain the setup

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54758-mapped-drive-not-sync.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a mapped drive and whenever I try to connect it keeps asking for my user name and password. Using tweak ui I have set my auto logon to the same information that I enter when it asks me for the user name and password. Any ideas?

Thanks!

A:Logging into Mapped Drive

assuming this mapped drive is on a different computer, try changing the username to

PCNAME\username

instead of just "username"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logging-into-mapped-drive.513203/
Relevancy 50.74%

Problem Getting daily 'Not enough server storage is available to process this command' errors from mapped Drive Mapped Network network drives forcing a reboot of server I have a Vista Business bit OS Core Quad Q gHz Mapped Network Drive gigs ram machine acting as a server I have Win XP Pro Win XP Home and Vista Home Premium machines on the network hard wired that all map to a shared folder on the server Each of the satellite PCs have their own dedicated user on the Server and map to the shared folder using that dedicated user The server does not have any Symantec products on it and has never had any Symantec products installed on it I have tried increasing the IRPStackSize at intervals of decimal until I have reached the max of The PagedPoolSize is I have no additional firewalls beyond the windows firewall On a daily basis the satellite PCs will loose their mapped drive and cannot reconnect until the server is rebooted I am out of ideas Please help

A:Mapped Network Drive

Any ideas would be helpful.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/185737-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to map a drive over a network us NT. Assuming my server name is "abc" , what is the proper path to map this drive on another computer.
Any help is appreciated.

A:NT Mapped Drive Path

Are you looking for syntax?

type net use /? and hit enter, in a command window and you can see all of the syntax available and required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-mapped-drive-path.216899/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a user who cannot stay connected to a mapped drive Problems... Mapped Drive I keep getting Mapped Drive Problems... an error that says quot Local Device Name Is Already In Use quot when I attempt to view the drive Mapped Drive Problems... I usually can see the drives contents when I do this mapping on other users computers IE I go to My Network Places gt gt gt Map Network Drive gt gt gt I put in the drive letter that I want to use and then I browse to the folder in that drive that I want to map On this PC I can t see the folders in the drive in other words I can see the Network drive quot Img quot but cannot see the contents of that drive hope I m making sense So then I go about it the hard way and find the contents by going Start gt gt gt Run gt gt gt img Then I can see the contents I right click on the folder I want to map and presto It s mapped But when the user shuts down or reboots It s lost it s mapping and has to be re-mapped I m at a loss Anyone nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a user who is running XP SP1. I'll check on updates he may need shortly. In the mean time I was wonder if you guys could give me some suggestions. We're on a Windows 2000 AD domain/network. I have a user that is running XP. When the user logs in a script runs that maps some drives to network resources. All the drives are mapped and good to go for a week or two and than suddenly one of the drives disconnects. There is no indication that it has disconnected. He tries to go to the mapped drive and finds that it is missing. It is the same mapped drive every time. This user turns off his PC almost daily so it doesn't appear to be something like the PC was on too long and needed rebooting. I searched MS KB and found nothing. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-and-mapped-drive-problem.267091/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello:

I am trying to set up backup to a mapped network drive.
The server name is "Server1", and it is mapped as J: on my workstation. The name of my workstation is "Workstation1".

The following string doesn't work in the backup dialog "Network Location" field:
\\Workstation1\J:\

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

A:Trying to backup to mapped drive . . .

The J doesn't matter, it's just what you picked for your local machine.

Network-wise it doesn't know if you picked J, R, T, X or whatever.

Anyway, are you trying to send data to Workstation1 or Server1?

The proper phrasing would be

Code:
\\Workstation1\c$
(or \\server1\c$)

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/150901-trying-backup-mapped-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

The situation is following:
I have 2 PCs(computer01 and computer02) where I am an Administrator.
On computer01, IT team with their credentials mapped drive to some share folder, like (Drive Z: is pointing to \\someserver\sharedrive).
Is it possible somehow from computer02 to browse drive Z on computer01? Something like go to \\computer01\z$ (I tried, it doesn't work)
Is there any tools or other option?

Any suggestion will be appreciated

A:how to access to mapped drive from second pc

The best way for you to see the same share is by accessing it from Computer02, go to \\someserver\sharedrive on computer02 and enter credentials that let you connect (if IT set up the share on computer01 you may need them to set up the same on computer02). Once you get access to \\someserver you should be able to see the list of shares available to you, right click on the "sharedrive" share and left click "Map Network Drive", you will then be prompted to assign a Drive Letter to it.

The share is not on computer01 which is why it won't work when you tried \\computer01\z$.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338238-how-access-mapped-drive-second-pc.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,
On computer (Windows 7 ) I have a mapped network drive. 
when I restart the system, mapped disck appears repeatedly with various letters, releasably does nothing, drives back after a while.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/316d438c-148c-4dec-8b99-c08a228e8d01/problem-with-mapped-drive?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a user who is running XP SP1. I'll check on updates he may need shortly. In the mean time I was wonder if you guys could give me some suggestions. We're on a Windows 2000 AD domain/network. I have a user that is running XP. When the user logs in a script runs that maps some drives to network resources. All the drives are mapped and good to go for a week or two and than suddenly one of the drives disconnects. There is no indication that it has disconnected. He tries to go to the mapped drive and finds that it is missing. It is the same mapped drive every time. This user turns off his PC almost daily so it doesn't appear to be something like the PC was on too long and needed rebooting. I searched MS KB and found nothing. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-and-mapped-drive-problem.267091/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi
I have created a new mandatory profile which i am testing with some users. When a user uses the new profile a drive mapped via GPO will not appear. If i run a net use the drive then appears but has a red cross through it saying Disconnected Network Drive.
They have permission as i can browse through the network to the folder location. Users in another OU do get the mapped drive along with other drives. The drive that is not appearing is the only drive they have mapped as well as their home folder. The new profile
is just the deafult Windows 7 profile copied to the server location.
These are Windows 7 machines and Server 2008 R2 DC.
Anyone got any ideas as to why it will not appear?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0298eceb-8705-4d3e-b726-c6cd392f597a/mapped-drive-not-appearing?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

There's something strange... in the (network) neighborhood.

A user (the CFO... = important) has 6 network shares listed, one of which is on an accounting server, and 5 of which are on a file server.

Sometimes, he is randomly disconnected from his shares, or gets access is denied errors (obviously, he has the rights for all of the shares). Presently, the accounting drive share is showing up and 4 of the 5 file server shares allow you to click on them, and are BLANK on the right pane of the windows explorer. Sometimes rebooting fixes all of these problems. Sometimes it doesn't. The only thing I have to go on is an 0x7 "memory could not be read" error and some svchost.exe general host process errors. I have a feeling, however, that it is network related, not necessarily a problem with his machine... any ideas?

Shane

Anti-virus/spyware CLEAN.

A:Mapped drive anomalies

If it's a card, try swapping out the NIC.
Run memtest86 from http://www.memtest.org/ to see if any of the memory modules fails (him being CFO, swap out anything you can reasonably think off, and test those items on another PC).
Have a look at Powerdesk from http://www.v-com.com/product/PowerDesk_Pro_Home.html to replace the crappy Windows Explorer.

PS: how's the T-Shirt?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mapped-drive-anomalies.67837/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a VPN which I use to connect to the servers at work and I have mapped a couple of drives from servers to my PC. Since starting to use Windows 10 pro when I drop the VPN, I start getting error messages saying that the mapped drives can not be reached. Now I know that is obvious as the vpn has dropped which is why it cant connect to the mapped drives but I never had this error message problem when I used Windows 7 and 8.1. With three mapped drives I am getting 1 error message every hour or so per drive, if I finish using my PC on Friday night and return to it on Monday morning that is a lot of error messages (my PC runs 24\7). Is there a way to turn this error message off?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/mapped-drive-not-available-issue-1116377.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I'm working on mapping drives between two Drive tunnel over Mapped VPN networks over an established VPN tunnel At one location the device is running Windows Service Pack and at the other remote location the device is running Windows XP Service Pack When I try to map a drive on the XP over the network I can access the Windows k SP root drive by typing the IP address into the run prompt from the Start Menu When I try to access any of the shared folders devices the windows explorer window stops responding and I have to close it On the other side on the Windows k SP when Mapped Drive over VPN tunnel I try to access the Windows XP SP by typing the IP address of the remote device in the Run prompt from the start menu I get a warning that states quot The network path was not found quot These two devices can ping each other using the different private subetted IP addresses and Remote access is working Any suggestions or Mapped Drive over VPN tunnel help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mapped-drive-over-vpn-tunnel-453435.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My Local Disk is mapped to drive H and I want to Map it so it is C - like most computers are.
I can't do it in disk management, is there away of doing it without reinstalling windows?

A:Drive mapped wrong

The only way that I know to change a boot drive letter to C: is to do a repair install with only that drive and the optical drive connected...assuming that some other drive has the C: letter assigned.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174003/drive-mapped-wrong/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I've got this problem where I cannot paste to a mapped drive on another machine. Once I reboot the machine I map to, I can paste documents but then it suddenly won't let me again and the 'paste' button is greyed out. I've got write access to the file I need to paste into. I can tell when I remotely connect to it whether it will let me or not as the desktop sometimes takes a while to appear. When it appears straight away, I can paste to it.
It's really frustrating! The pc is running Windows 2000 servicepack 4.
Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-paste-on-mapped-drive-sometimes.435161/
Relevancy 50.74%

Any clues gents? One drive appears to have duplicated itself by populating any drive letter thats free! Tried simply deleting the ones not needed but they reappear

Cheers in advance

Windows 7 64 bit OS

A:Duplicated mapped drive

http://postimage.org/image/6a53q9is1/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/duplicated-mapped-drive.1072352/
Relevancy 50.74%

My networked pcs uses a logon script to map network drives appropriate to the user on login.
One of my user’s laptops has stopped mapping one drive out of 8. To which I get an Err.Number of 0. If I going to ‘My Computer’ the drive is missing (P: \\Server\Folder), but if I drop to cmd and type P: the drive changes and I can get a folder list with ‘dir’. I’ve even tried ‘net use p: /delete’ but I get ‘Network connection dose not exist’.
I’ve looked in ‘regedit’ ...Current_User/Network and ...Users/S-1-5-18/Network and all the others in there, for the P: entry to remove it. I even get the same if I logon to the local machine not the domain I still get this.

Any Ideas because I’ve been looking at this all morning and now I’m just hitting my head against the desk.

A:The Mapped drive that is and isnÂ’t there!

Go into disk managment and make sure something else, like a card reader or something, has stolen driver letter P. I've seen it before with an HP printer with a built in card reader. Stupid thing completly stole and exisitng mapped drive letter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-mapped-drive-that-is-and-isn%C2%92t-there.677941/
Relevancy 50.74%

OK Drives will Mapped Network not mapped. stay Here is the problem Running a peer to peer XP network at my sister s church computers in the workgroup Not using Mapped Network Drives will not stay mapped. a domain only a workgroup New Dell computer Mapped Network Drives will not stay mapped. was purchased to be used as Bookkeeper Computer Church software files were moved from old bookkeeper computer to new one All other computers set up as workstations Software runs and is installed thur mapped network drive The problems is that everytime we restart any workstation computers they lose the mapped drive If you browse the network to access Bookkeeper computer you must give logon name and password to access that computer After you log on then you can map network drive and use software It never work that way before the new Dell computer and always stayed mapped without logon info I can easily access any other computer on the network with out logging on Church Software support says it is a network problem But what is baffling to me is that you must use church software logon info to access the Bookkeeper computer Is this a logon or user account setting problem on the new Dell Software support told me that Bookkeeper computer had to be logged on a network administrator I have it set to logon automatically go to welcome screen I changed it in user account setting to go to windows logon screen but did not seem to help not using a password Any suggestions Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drives-will-not-stay-mapped.523375/
Relevancy 50.31%

Still showing up under My Computer. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?

A:Mapped Drive still showing after Disconnect

You might have instially click on Reconnect at logon option. Mine also stayed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39375-mapped-drive-still-showing-after-disconnect.html
Relevancy 50.31%

We have an application that requires a client and a server. The problem is the server is just another PC not centralized or managed much. (A whole different story on something not listened to me about).

The problem is if the server PC goes down for any reason the PC accessing it has an application that gets slow. Disconnecting the network share makes it all speed up but we have it set to be a static drive mapping.

I want to come up with an easy transparent way for this Pc to check to see if server 1 is active if not then remove the mapping of a drive then add it again once this PC somes back on-line.

What do you think? VBS scripting? An application out there that already does this?

Hopefully its something fast and easy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-way-would-you-approach-this-mapped-drive-slowness.498544/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all. One time I had a mapped drive that i had files available offline. The drive died & i got rid of that older computer. I recovered the info & placed on a new server & made available offline again. The new files all work fine but every half hour or so my computer says it can't sync the old offline files cuz they can't connect to the old mapped drive (it is no longer in existence). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:XP Pro offline files vs mapped drive

Disconnect from a mapped network drive
1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. Right-click the icon for the mapped drive.
3. Click Disconnect.

Or read here, even if you don't have Norton: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932463

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-pro-offline-files-vs-mapped-drive.106752/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have mapped a network drive successfully with a username and the mapped network drive cannot access password I can navigate it in Windows explorer but when I try to install a software into cannot access the mapped network drive that drive when install there is a panel that I can enter the dest location it prompts me that the drive is invalid Then I click the Brwose button to view the disks I found it just lists the local disks the mapped disk is not displaying It works on XP I tried another software this time I can see the mapped disk from the dialog popup after click quot Browse quot button but it displays as disconnected with a red X on it As I said before I have connected it successfully I can create new folder or file on to that drive from Windows explorer I double clicked the quot disconnected quot disk from the dialog then it prompts me entering username and password After I did that the mapped disk became usable

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202783-cannot-access-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I have accidentally deleted a folder in my H drive which is mapped to a folder on the server.

unfortunately, I dont have a backup of it ... where do things that we delete go - as I cant find it in my recycle bin.

I have also checked the recyble bin of the server but cant find it?

Please help.

Thanks

A:Deleted Folder on mapped drive

If you IT department does backups they can recover it, If not your sol.

When something is deleted on a mapped drive it's usually gone. Unless IT has safeguards setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleted-folder-on-mapped-drive.603117/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm using XP. I have mapped a network drive to a Windows 7 computer as administrator. I am trying to navigate to Z:\Users\Mary\Pictures\Mary's Pictures. But when I navigate to Z:\Users\Mary\Pictures I don't see "Mary's Pictures". I can see "Mary's Pictures" if I'm at her computer.

What do I have to do to see all folders and files on Z?

A:Mapped network drive access

Welcome EddyQ.

do you have don't show hidden and system files unchecked in folder options? That could be the reason
or the user mary does not have sharing on her pictures folder.
rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/152036-mapped-network-drive-access.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a laptop vista 32 home premium and a desktop vista 64 home premium I have a linksys wrt54g wireless router running kaspersky IS 2009. I have networked both computers and both computers can find one another. I have also mapped an external hard drive and both computers can find it. The hard drive is physically connected to the desktop. I can access it through the desktop. It is mapped on the laptop I can see it I can click on it but I get an access denied message when trying to open it.

I have permissions set to full control
I have user accounts on both computers set the same
Firewall is set to allow the traffic
and the drive is set to be shared

I can't open the network drive??
Any Ideas??

Thanks,
Mike

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203526-cant-access-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a small problem here!

1. I have created a <shared folder> on one computer in a network;
2. I have mapped the <shared folder> on each of the other computers in that network.

Everything work just fine until too many computers try to connect to that mapped network drive, than many computers get the next error:

"Z:\ is not accessible.
No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept."

Ofcourse, I understand what this message means, but what can I do about it?

A:Help, mapped network drive overload...

Unless your running server 10 is the max number of connections you can have to a share with w2k/xp pro

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-mapped-network-drive-overload.38811/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a drive letter "M:" mapped to a shared drive on my network. I am unable to delete the mapping. If I click on the icon to access the share I get: "M: Not accesible, drive is not ready".

If I right click on the share and choose DISCONNECT I get: "Network Connection Does Not Exist."

If I use the CMD "net use * /d" command I get: "There are no entries in the list."

The share does exist as I can access it and map it to another unused drive letter but I am unable to get rid of the old broken "M" connection.

I'm using Vista x64 SP2 Ultimate

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this ??

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/204911-cannot-delete-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everyone
hoping someone can help me with this using windows 7 pro 64bit and need windows to index files on a local NAS for quick search i have tried unc add in but the one Microsoft has will work on 32bit but not 64 the only other option i have seen is enabling offline which isn't very practical spent about 8 hours on the phone to Microsoft trying to get them to help me if any one has any info on this i would be extremely grateful.

A:Indexing Mapped network drive

you could check out this link it has quiet a lot of links and information about what you are trying to
achieve never had the nead for this so not to sure on the answer but I will look in to it for you I am at the CAB today so I will ask the main man how it is done.

Link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/afb904c1-1c61-4aae-b6b1-5cf525b9f8de
Kind Regards

computerTechGuy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496518/indexing-mapped-network-drive/
Relevancy 50.31%

On my 7 machine I have a shared root drive with only read priviledges and a sub directory in this drive that has shared read/write priviledges for a specific account The account name is JOE and has a Passwork JOES_PW

I an XP machine I have the same JOE account with same JOES_PW.

IF I map the network drive on the XP machine from the root JOE does NOT have read/write priviledges in the shared sub directory, but if I map the sub directory iteself then Joe does have read/write.

Why it that? Can it be changes so that only the root needs to be mapped and the variable read and read/write priviledges work thoughout?

A:7 and XP file share though mapped drive

You will also need to go into the Security tab of the drive you need to share and enable full access for "Everyone" to the drive from there as well as the regular permission settings.

It's safer and easier to share the entire User folder instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121038-7-xp-file-share-though-mapped-drive.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have computers both Win Ulitmate x one for kids one for parent I just want Kid's computer to share Parent's Computer's nd Drive d drive in this case So I gave full share permission to the d drive Then in kid's computer I mapped the d drive It's working perfectly fine I can add any file to the d drive kid's Drive work!!! Don't Shortcut Mapped can go to Computer or My Computer and d drive is there they can open it transfer the file Here comes the problem I created a shortcut to the mapped d drive on the desktop of kid's computer so they can access to d drive without opening Computer or My Computer When I double click the shortcut the d drive opens up but nothing's there No file nothing When I go to Computer and open D drive the file is there It's really strange It's like the shortcut don't work I've done this on XP and MAC before Worked like charm I don't understand Thanks a bunch

A:Mapped Drive Shortcut Don't work!!!

The mapped network drive shortcuts need to be made a certain way in Windows 7. The tutorial below shows you how.

Map Network Drive Shortcut - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130898-mapped-drive-shortcut-dont-work.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have three computers networked together via a Linksys Wireless Router. One Dell running XP Pro, and two HP laptops (wireless) one running Vista Ultimate x64 and the other running Vista Home Premium x32. I have all issues resolved (that I've discovered so far anyway) except one. There is a shared external hard drive conneced via USB to the XP, which I have mapped to both Vistas. I can see it when I open 'My Computer' but when I click on it I get an error that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to view the item." The odd thing about it is that I can access the contents of the drive by right-clicking on it and choosing either 'explore' or 'open.' I can access drives mapped from the Vista(s) to the XP on the XP just fine, just not the other way around. Any ideas?

A:Can't open mapped network drive.

Originally Posted by joshua.queen

I have three computers networked together via a Linksys Wireless Router. One Dell running XP Pro, and two HP laptops (wireless) one running Vista Ultimate x64 and the other running Vista Home Premium x32. I have all issues resolved (that I've discovered so far anyway) except one. There is a shared external hard drive conneced via USB to the XP, which I have mapped to both Vistas. I can see it when I open 'My Computer' but when I click on it I get an error that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to view the item." The odd thing about it is that I can access the contents of the drive by right-clicking on it and choosing either 'explore' or 'open.' I can access drives mapped from the Vista(s) to the XP on the XP just fine, just not the other way around. Any ideas?

i have a problem very simalar to this i have a wireless network and my laptop is running vista basic and my desktop XP home SP2 and i can see the desktop when i go to the whole network map on my vista but i can't click on it or access any of the files does anyone have a fix for this?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/125643-cant-open-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I mapped a network drive for a restricted user. We're on an XP machine (sp2). When he logs off and back on the mapping is no longer there and he has to re-map it. He has full permissions to that share. What can I do to fix this so he doesn't have to re-map the drive every time he logs in? Yes, the "reconnect at login" box is checked.
We are on a domain but the shared folder on the server is on the same subnet as his PC.

Doug.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-mapped-network-drive-364952.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I used to map a NAS drive on my Win 7 Pro 32 bit machine. Now the mapping is no longer available. I go to the "Map Network" and the letter is GONE. I can still access the NAS HDD via "network" in the Windows explorer. but I have links constrcuted around that drive letter. HOW DO I DELETE AND START OVER WHEN THE DRIVE LETTER IS MISSING ALTOGETHER?

A:Cannot get mapped drive letter back IN win 7 Pro 32 bit

Hello,

I'd normally disconnect the mapped drive from 'Computer' right click the mapped network drive and choose 'Disconnect'. You may also create a Shortcut on your desktop instead of mapping a network drive, an alternative.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298299-cannot-get-mapped-drive-letter-back-win-7-pro-32-bit.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have several users in my organization that is starting to Mapped Cannot a Open Drive on Files experience issues opening files on drives they have mapped on their computers This is happening with multiple file types including Word and Excel files Cannot Open Files on a Mapped Drive and PDF files It also isn't every file just select files There is no rhyme or reason to the files and to make sure the users have security permissions to open the files Also the issue seems to be spreading The users can't open files now that they were able to open before When the user tries to open the file they will receive the error message quot 'Mapped Drive Letter File' cannot be found Check your spelling or try a different path quot for Microsoft Products or quot There was an error opening this document This file cannot be found quot for PDF documents If the user goes directly to the shared folder through the network path ie server folder folder they can open the same exact files with no issues nbsp I have tried numerous resolutions to try and fix this issue including Going through the registry and deleting any instances of the mapped drive or previously mapped drives with that name Making sure the security permissions were correct Disabling quot Enable Protected Mode quot in Adobe Reader and Disabling Protected View in Microsoft Office Putting the settings for our WINS server back in the network settings We moved everything to DNS recently and had thought that there was an issue with name resolution for the mapped drives Recreated the users profiles on their computers thinking it may be a profile issue I did try the users logins on a different computer and we were able to open the documents nbsp If it was just the one user I would say that it the issue with that computer but the problem is happening to several users on different computers to different files and as I stated above they users can't open files that the could open before through the mapped drive Any ideas of what the issue may be and a possible resolution

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2ffdadd9-45b9-451c-9cb1-49d5c526b993/cannot-open-files-on-a-mapped-drive?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

If we're backing up data to a share on a Windows XP Pro workstation (acting as a server) using the Windows XP Home backup utility and the built-in scheduler, is there any way to map a drive to a share that will function if the user logs out? We have users screaming that their backups are failing, and we discovered it's because they're logging out, and thus shutting down their mapped drives. No mapped drives causes the backup to fail.

Please don't tell us to use Backup Exec or some decent backup solution. We don't have any choice in the matter.

Thanks

A:MS Backup in XP to Mapped Drive. Any way logged out?

the typical solution is to reverse the data flow and schedule a backup
late at night when the user is not on site -- obviously requires the PCs
to be left running overnight.

so:

server maps all user drives
and schedules backups in a staggered manner
-- perhaps even over several nights.

your issue: logged off / powered off is unsolvable -- you're always at the
mercy of the user interfering.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-backup-in-xp-to-mapped-drive-any-way-logged-out.67821/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
Everything seems to working normal, but one day i've noticed that using command "net use" shows no status.
Can anybody explain that:

Sven

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2f37d2eb-344d-4bb1-bad6-0eb78f4e3328/net-use-shows-no-status-for-mapped-drive?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Can't address on mapped drive. files all I am new to Can't address files on mapped drive. this forum and have a real poser of a problem On Saturday I got a new computer to be the server for the data that I use to run my office That software requires that the workstations attached to it Can't address files on mapped drive. map the root drive of the quot server quot and address it through the data path C MPN I have four workstations all win pro attached to the server and before I cut over to the new box everything was working well That machine however was on it's last legs and I was afraid it was going to go out spectacularly All of the work stations but one mapped the drive and ran the setup software perfectly That one I'll call it WS has been a nightmare All of the permissions are set for the work group and WS is a member of the work group It took two days of fiddling but I got the drive mapped now I am getting the quot Z MPN is not accessible Access is denied quot error I just can't figure it out and I am about to start pulling out what little remains of my hair All of the other work stations work perfectly Any ideas JimD

A:Can't address files on mapped drive.

Isn't it funny that as soon as I posted that question I figured out the answer. Please disregard.
JimD

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185351-cant-address-files-mapped-drive.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there,
This is puzzling me. I run two PC's on a network bothe with Win 7 64 bit. Various shares are set up and have been working without issue. However, I have noticed that some folders on a shared drive are not appearing on the other networked PC. The drive is mapped and connects at logon, and all other folders and files on the shared drive are visible and accessible. Just this one is missing. Its not a hidden folder. Its actually a folder within a game directory.

It';s not causing me an issue, but its puzzling me.

Any ideas ?

Andrew

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461214/some-folders-missing-from-mapped-drive/