Windows Support Forum

Laptop only works on AC when battery is removed

Q: Laptop only works on AC when battery is removed

Dell 1764 New Laptop
Need more details please ask...

Looking for advice, thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop only works on AC when battery is removed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop only works on AC when battery is removed

Sounds like the battery is possibly faulty. Have you tried removing it, then locking it back into position?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-only-works-on-ac-when-battery-is-removed.153344/
Relevancy 67.08%

I am spending my summer at my village Temperature here is constantly c to c which is very hot as compared to the capital where i live When ever i put laptop battery the laptop heats up and battery timing also is reduced from hour to hour So i have removed the battery and using it on A C Here is my query and experts are requested to give their valuable suggestions Firstly is it a wise idea to use laptop without battery on A C if not what should i do Secondly will keeping battery removed and idle effect its health because i am going to spend one whole month here Thirdly if it is a wise decision to remove it where should i store it The temperature is so high and there is no air conditioning The only cool place is fridge But the humidity could affect the battery in such place Kindly suggest a place to store battery Looking for a speedy reply from Tech Guy as usual nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Yesturday my husband took the bettery out of his new ((Less then two months old ))  Hp touch note book ,to see what the battery model was so if anything was to happen we can order a new one well as soon as he went to put it back The laptop didnt turn on at all.we left it charging for an hour to see if maybe it was totatly dead but still nothing. What can we do to get the laptop up and running hate to loose the laptop its a good laptop only if it would work. Please help!!!!

A:Turned off out laptop Yesterday and removed the battery to s...

Hi @ClevelandFamily, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! I have looked into your issue about your HP 15-f211wm Notebook and it having startup issues.  I would try reseating the Battery. Maybe it did not sit in the Notebook correctly. Try performing a Hard ResetWhen performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices. Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue. Please let me know how this goes. To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Turned-off-out-laptop-Yesterday-and-removed-the-battery-to/td-p/5596205
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello all My hard drive activity LED was blinking Every LED Second HD Blinking Activity Removed With Laptop Battery on a routine basis so I used Process Monitor to isolate the problem to HD Activity LED Blinking Every Second With Laptop Battery Removed a PID process which appeared to be flushing the hard drive cache on a routine and continual basis So I went through the process of trying all different HD write cache combinations disable turn off but the flushing continued The final fix was to put the battery back in the laptop and this stopped the routine access and the HD flushing ceased Now I'm only guessing but this routine flushing appears to be a defensive measure initiated by some process related to the the power scheme to prevent data loss when the battery backup is not available However since I only use this laptop on a very infrequent basis and when I do I would like to use it exclusively on AC I would like to keep the battery removed on a permanent basis Note The continual HD access does have a slight impact on performance I wish there was some way to install Win on a laptop and give it the power scheme of a desktop Any suggestions Thanks in advance for your responses plsrepli

A:HD Activity LED Blinking Every Second With Laptop Battery Removed

You can do that by going to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and click on Change advanced plan settings and set everything to max performance or disable power saving features.

My HDD light blinks at 1 seconds intervals too and is caused by the system polling the CD/DVD drives for a disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/295722-hd-activity-led-blinking-every-second-laptop-battery-removed.html
Relevancy 65.79%

What is the avg time it takes to charge a laptop fully when it has been charged many times and finished conditioning.

What is the ideal time a laptop lasts these days running off the battery.

And is it true that you may notice different times to charge and etc. Depending on how many apps you run and how much cpu power you are requiring? So basically if I multi task 5 programs at once will leaving it plugged in, it would take much longer for the batter to charge then if i was just running the browser?

thanks

im still new to the laptop field and how the battery power/lasting works. This is my 1st.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello All I have an old hp laptop that one day stopped working on battery power I m not sure if the problem is that the laptop will not charge the battery or if the laptop will not make use of the battery or both Apparently this is a known problem with this model but none of the online fixes I found worked It works when plugged in and the battery monitor reports that it is charging and at however that is unchanging over weeks and as soon as I unplug it it shuts off Right now I have replaced the ram G to G and the harddrive G to T and dual boot arch and windows I m considering G72 works HP Laptop on battery: longer no upgrading the bios but before needlessly wasting time on something like that and potentially jacking up this computer I wanted to know what you think Gnome does not indicate if it is charging or not it just reads estimating Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-no-longer-works-on-battery-hp-g72.1167677/
Relevancy 64.07%

Someone spilled a drink on my HP laptop (model g6-1116so) and now it only works when the battery is being used. When I push the power button with only the AC adapter plugged in, nothing happens. What should I do to research what could be wrong? After the drink was spilled, the laptop was sitting without being used for at least 5 days and it works fine apart from no power using AC adaptor. Is there a surge protector inside this computer?
Any advice please. Thanks for reading.

A:Spilled drink on HP laptop, now only works with battery?

if the AC adaptor is plugged in with the battery does it charge at all?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spilled-drink-on-hp-laptop-now-only-works-with-battery.1132877/
Relevancy 64.07%

Please help,
I have a fairly new (just over a year) Toshiba Satellite A65-S126. It runs great and forever on AC power. The second the AC is disconn ected, it powers off. The battery shows full power. This computer has only been in normal use for about 3 months. The first year it was used on oaccasion, but always worked on battery just fine. Don't like having to plug in wherever I go, and don't want to be without while dealer is "looking at it." Any advice would be great!
Thanks

A:Laptop works on AC, but not on battery--fully charged

have you made any recent changes to your system? (i.e. new battery or BIOS update?) Did you drop the laptop?

Also, laptop batteries are generally only good for 1 year of normal use anyways before needing replacement, although they will usually still hold a 5~10 minute charge)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-works-on-ac-but-not-on-battery-fully-charged.44950/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi i removed my battery because my clock was messing about i tried to alter it but  kept going wrong so i changed the battery  will i wish i had not the mess my computer go in lost every thing after three hours go it all back just want to know if any on knows of a good computer clean up tool .I have run junkwear cleaner mailwarebites and adw cleaner but just want to know if there is any thing better thanks johnjohn.

A:removed my battery

Cleanup what?

The tools you mention are all malware tools...if you think that you have malware issues, they need to be addressed in one of our malware forums.  This forum is dedicated to Win 7 O/S issues.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569829/removed-my-battery/
Relevancy 52.03%

I removed E-Trust, MyWebSearch, PartyPoker, Tramadol, TimeClock, and NetworkMagic from my PC, and can no longer connect to the internet. I'm on broadband with an external SURFboard, running through a D-link DIR-625 wireless router. I'm running windows XP on both the PC and this Dell laptop. The laptop connects(sometimes it takes a couple tries), the PC will send and receive emails, but every time I try to connect, I get the IE cannot display webpage screen. I've tried every Wizard, repair, diagnostic program in Windows, and NADA. You are my last hope before I try dumping everything and starting over. Since I can't connect, I downloaded Hijackthis onto a flash drive from this comp, and ran it on the PC. If someone thinks they can help, I can copy the log on the flash drive, and post it here. Right? Thanks in advance,
Josh

A:I Removed The Problems, Now Nothing Works

Well, it didn't work. I downloaded Hijackthis, Hijackthis reader, and DSS.exe. Hijackthis opens the scan page, but whenever I try to click on something, is says it's being used by something else, and clicking switch to or retry does nothing. DSS.exe starts creating a restore point, and after an hour, is still sitting on the first block of the progress bar. The reader seems to work, but I can't use it without the first program. Can I not use a flashdrive to transfer it to the affected PC? The PC has been trying to shutdown for about 10 minutes now, it's not looking good.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148457/i-removed-the-problems-now-nothing-works/
Relevancy 52.03%

It had a ton of malware viruses LaFlurla among others Scanned and cleaned with Comodo CCE and MBAM After three or four passes all came up clean But now nothing works IE opens to MSN removed works. Malware but think...) now (I nothing com or whatever the first page is but then won't go to Malware removed (I think...) but now nothing works. any other pages It just spins with two iexplore exe processes in taskmgr One taking up k RAM the other k k Closing either closes both Can't do windows updates - it downloads installs and reboots then notes failure and reverts I can do one or two at a time fine but the system needs some updates as it had not been updated in a long time Won't install SCEP x error when it gets to the update part All sorts of WMI and DCOM errors in event logs I got the DCOM errors sorted mostly and followed various support articles on the WMI errors But I have hit a wall Attaching full logs of MBAM and Farbar Recovery Scan Any help appreciated

A:Malware removed (I think...) but now nothing works.

Well, those MBAM logs are pointless - I swear each time it was finding tons of stuff, and I exported the log and then cleaned.  Great.  That will help this process so much.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569761/malware-removed-i-think-but-now-nothing-works/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey All.
I removed the cmos batter from my motherboard and after about 15 to 20 minutes put it back in.
now when i start my computer it crashes on the loading screen.
Does anyone now what the problem may be.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
I removed the bios battery on my computer to try to reset my bios settings now my PC will not even power up.
If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell XPS 400 (bought in 2005) and I'm running Windows XP. Well, I removed the CMOS battery for about an hour two days ago to try and get rid of the BIOS password (didn't work if you were curious). Anyway, now I have no sound on my computer.

When I start up the computer I get "Floppy Diskette Seek Failure, press F1 to go to setup or F2 to continue on". I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the problem though. My speakers are working, the volume is up, etc. I tried plugging in headphones into the computer and still no sound. I did the troubleshooter and it didn't solve my problem.

Any Suggestions?

A:Removed the CMOS battery, and now I have no sound

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xps400/sm/index.htm

I would read your manual, especially the setup part, you may have hosed your bios settings and need to go into bios and let it redetect everything.

Some times after adding memory or making changes to the computer configuration, just going into bios fixes the problems.

You have to exit and save changes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356830/removed-the-cmos-battery-and-now-i-have-no-sound/
Relevancy 51.17%

With installed battery will not start.Removing the battery, connect the external power supply, the LED blinks 1.2 times but pressing the power button does not start. after several attempts (detached, attached power plug) starts. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/the-workstation-with-the-battery-removed-connecting-it-to/td-p/5797632
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell XPS 400 (bought in 2005) and I'm running Windows XP. Well, I removed the CMOS battery for about an hour two days ago to try and get rid of the BIOS password (didn't work if you were curious). Anyway, now I have no sound on my computer.

When I start up the computer I get "Floppy Diskette Seek Failure, press F1 to go to setup or F2 to continue on". I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the problem though. My speakers are working, the volume is up, etc. I tried plugging in headphones into the computer and still no sound. I did the troubleshooter and it didn't solve my problem.

Any Suggestions?

Relevancy 51.17%

I have removed the little silver battery on my motherboard to reset the bios. Now the monitor doesnt come on, only two fans and not the prossesor fan come on and the normaly green light on the front of the tower is orange. can anyone help me? please and thank you

A:Removed Battery on a pentium 4 motherboard

Resetting CMOS shouldn't affect the processor fan. Why did you decide to reset CMOS to begin with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removed-battery-on-a-pentium-4-motherboard.546155/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there I ve had the XP nothing removed Security, Malwarebytes now XP but works Security Center Malware thing on this computer since last week I tried the usual solutions eventually using Malwarebytes After it finished a full scan and I clicked remove all etc it came up with an error just before reboot saying that quot certain items could not be removed a log file has been saved quot It then came up with a Runtime Malwarebytes removed XP Security, but now nothing works Error for mbam exe in Program Malwarebytes removed XP Security, but now nothing works Files saying the appliction has requested Runtime to terminate in an unusual way Contact support etc Since rebooting XP Security Center appears to have gone for the moment but everything else is pretty much screwed I can t access any secure sites in Internet Explorer and can t access anything in Google Chrome I can t access Windows Firewall Settings to check on this The only thing I installed recently was skype but this now keeps opening window after window of the same help page it has the feeling of XP Security Center to it for no reason Trying to even access Add Remove Programs - comes up with C WINDOWS system rundll exe - Application Not Found - despite the fact that rundll exe does exist in that folder I can t actually open any program at all without the open with box coming up To run normally I have to select Run As then as Administrator then it will run So as I said everything seems screwed I wasn t sure whether Malwarebytes deleted the wrong thing in the Registry Any ideas and help would be really appreciated Thanks very much in advance David --------------Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes orgDatabase version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer PMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Full scan C Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID MADOWN Worm Magania - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts datacontrol Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts historykillerscheduler Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts historykillerscheduler Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts historyswattercontrolbar Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts historyswattercontrolbar Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts htmlmenu Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts htmlmenu Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts htmlmenu Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts iecookiesmanager Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts iecookiesmanager Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts killerobjmanager Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts killerobjmanager Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts popswatterbarbutton Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts popswatterbarbutton Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts popswattersettingscontrol Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT funwebproducts popswattersettingscontrol Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT mywebsearch chatsessionplugin Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT mywebsearch chatsessionplugin Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT mywebsearch htmlpanel Adware MyWebSearch - gt Delete on reboot HKEY CLASSES ROOT mywebsearch htmlpanel Adware MyWebSearch - gt De... Read more

A:Malwarebytes removed XP Security, but now nothing works

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314610/malwarebytes-removed-xp-security-but-now-nothing-works/
Relevancy 51.17%

Has anyone figured out what this malware does? I removed the ZeroAccess and cleaned it up entirely.. I ran sfc /scannow.. I reinstalled and repaired the TCP/IP protocal. I can browse to non-standard ports like remotelyanywhere port 2000. But try to browse any standard ports it will not connect.. pings fine.. dns resolves fine.. non-standard ports work fine.. repair Windows Firewall. But still something blocks standard http and https ports. At this time I am resorting to a wipe reinstall on this clients system because it's an Asus EEE PC and has no repair install options. But I wish to know what could still block standard http ports as I have another client to work on later this week. Does anyone have a clue?

A:Removed ZeroAccess but no http works

Further information.. nslookup works but pings and tracert do not.. it appears to be some issue with DNS.. why would nslookup work fine but ping, tracert and browsers do not?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435732/removed-zeroaccess-but-no-http-works/
Relevancy 50.74%

Please HELP! My lenovo G570 bsods on restart. Then when I turn it off at power and back on it stalls at windows 7 image before welcome screen. Attached are my SF files.
Thanks in advance for any help

A:BSOD on restart, no startup after unless battery removed

Code:
BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa8005501660, fffff80000ba2740}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
Implicit thread is now fffffa80`05501660
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : iaStor.sys ( iaStor+23b20 )

Code:
0: kd> lmvm iaStor
start end module name
fffff880`01035000 fffff880`01189000 iaStor T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iaStor.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
Image name: iaStor.sys
Timestamp: Fri Feb 18 16:10:50 2011 (4D5E9A0A)
CheckSum: 00076066
ImageSize: 00154000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
The Intel Rapid Storage driver is problematic, you will need to install this specific version:Intel? Rapid Storage Technology (Intel? RST) RAID Driver
Start
Type: Device Manager
Disc Devices
Remove drivers for each device
Reboot, Windows will configure it's own driver: msachi.sys
Install Intel Rapid Storage driver
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite
Daemon Tools uses a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7.

Reduce the number of programs at startup, to avoid any driver or program conflicts:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Startup Programs - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285967-bsod-restart-no-startup-after-unless-battery-removed.html
Relevancy 50.74%

*Title should of said replaced instead of removed.

Hello, I was trying to reset my BIOS on my ASUS M2A-MVP board, I put the battery back in and powered on. The fans, mobo light and my hdd went on but nothing happend on my screen?

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

The battery in my laptop died recently. I am now retired and have no need to operate the laptop on battery power. Is it possible to rig the laptop to operate on AC with the battery removed?
Dexter

Relevancy 50.74%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello
My lenovo laptop b575e keyboard dont works, it works only in bios and linux systems. External usb keyboard works well in all places. In the past i  have worked on all versions of windows and several linuxes, and keyboard working well from windowsXP
trough Windows10. I see this problem after last windows10 threshold update.
I have tried to reinstall system with complete hd format, but keyboard dont works.

In bios keyboard working well, when i run from HirensBoot disc   on from  cdBootable miniLinux keyboard works, but when i run mini windows xp from this bootable cd keyboard stops his work.

I have tried to uninstall hd from motherboard, and have changed ram but dont works too.
can anybody help me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb47c2a6-d21c-4c23-8d67-b1f508d0f658/lenovo-b575e-laptop-keyboard-dont-works-only-on-windows-os-in-the-past-it-works?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Guru's Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter It happened so many times Sometimes it used to come back to normal when with off good with Adapter Internet and works -laptop in works but Wifi on Built i switch my Modem amp router off and turn Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter it on this time it does not work even if i restart my modem and router But it works perfectly fine when i attach a Wiressless adapter to Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter Laptop Any help is appreciated Posting Minitool box log amp FSS log below MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Vinodh administrator on - - at Running from C Documents and Settings Vinodh My Documents Downloads Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content localhost IP Configuration Net Adapter Connection Connected Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Local Area Connection Media disconnected Intel reg PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Wireless Network Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- Interface IP Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ip Interface IP Configuration for Local Area Connection set address name Local Area Connection source dhcp set dns name Local Area Connection source dhcp register PRIMARY set wins name Local Area Connection source dhcp Interface IP Configuration for Wireless Network Connection set address name Wireless Network Connection source dhcp set dns name Wireless Network Connection source dhcp register PRIMARY set wins name Wireless Network Connection source dhcp popd End of interface IP configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name vinu Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - F-B -CA- -AF Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel reg PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - - -BA- B-DD Server UnKnown Address Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again Server UnKnown Address Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter and try again Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List x MS TCP Loopback interface x f b ca af Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport x ba b dd Intel reg PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Persistent Routes None Winsock entries Catalog C Windows System mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows System winrnr dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows System mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Program Files Bonjour mdnsNSP dll Apple Inc Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation ... Read more

A:Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter

Hello are you still having issues? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486181/internet-works-on-and-off-with-built-in-wifi-laptop-but-works-good-with-adapter/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there I have Battery.. 1YearOld at battery Laptop left. 20% off powers unexpectedly an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium bits GB Ram and HDD At Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery.. the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Can someone please tell me what is causing my year-old laptop to power off for no reason at all when battery has just remaining Do I have to buy a new one or what Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery..

Hi there .. Do you have Power4Gear Installed ... If so i would look into the Settings for that could be a power plan so save Battery life ... It should also be able to tell you your Battery's Health status ... I have no idea how good this Program is could be total crap ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322529-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-battery-left-1yearold-battery.html
Relevancy 50.31%

It's so strange. Today when I turned on my laptop, suddenly, there was a message that my battery has problems so the computer might shut down suddenly. I tried different strategies, like uninstalling the battery driver, or letting the computer completely die. When it turned off itself at 6%, I turned it back on, and it was at 2 minutes battery life. Then in a few minutes, it said 4 minutes battery life for 6%. Now, it's passed an hour, and it says 3 minutes, but changes sometimes to 1-4 minutes. The battery meter is completely wrong, and I don't know what to do since it is closing the computer way too early. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Please help me.

A:Laptop Battery Meter is Completely Wrong and it says there's a problem with the battery

How long have you been using the laptop with battery? Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471577/laptop-battery-meter-is-completely-wrong-and-it-says-theres-a-problem-with-the-battery/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

A:compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19465162
Relevancy 50.31%

my battery was giving 1.5 hour power backup from last 4 months... then last month it decreased to 1 hour...from couple of days it decreased to 1/5 hour(with error 'Consider replacing new battery') and yesterday i was using on battery power... and battery had 34% power remaining.. suddenly battery indicating light turns orange and pc shutdown... after that.. my pc is not charging battery... and if i run pc on battery.. it work 10 to 15 minutes ( with orange light.. and on task bar.. battery icon giving error "No battery is detected" ) and then shut down.

today i run laptop on battery power and open setup..and there was error "No battery installed" in battery info...

what happened.. can anyone tell me????

i forgot to tell you that... according to battery's LEDs.... my battery is healthy enough.. but now only 1 led is working...

A:My laptop running on BATTERY and giving error 'No battery detected'

Your battery has failed and must be replaced. They're only good for three or four years. Happens to all laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238716-my-laptop-running-battery-giving-error-no-battery-detected.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a HP Probook 4730s and it has an i7 processor, 8gb ram, 700GB HDD. I have this new software program called Corel Videostudio Pro. I am in the middle of rendering a large 20GB HD video and all of a sudden the computer shuts off. And the weird thing is that I cannot turn it back on, even when plugged in. I can only turn it back on when I remove the battery and replace it.
What can I do to finish this rendering of my video without the computer shutting down?
James

A:Computer turns off, can only turn on when battery removed and put back in?

Install this software CPUID Hardware Monitor and check your system temps when you are rendering the video, I suspect an overheating issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-off-can-only-turn-on-when-battery-removed-and-put-back-in.1034978/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've had a nasty virus for months; I got rid of most of it but still had remnants like Google redirecting and hidden start menu options. Yesterday I ran Eset, TDSSkiller, HitmanPro, MBAM, Unhide.exe, and finally CCleaner and everything was restored and my computer worked perfectly, faster than it had been in months, etc. It was grand. Then this morning it started working really slowly on YouTube. I realized I had never restarted the computer after running the series of programs which finally got it working again (or so it seemed). I ran them again and restarted it. Ever since, the internet has not worked in normal boot mode and it's driving me crazy!! It works fine in Safe Mode w/networking; what have I done??? Please help!!

A:Removed virus, now internet only works in safe mode

Try this program, and see if it helps --> http://majorgeeks.com/Complete_Internet_Repair_d7183.html

Do you know what was the name of that nasty virus?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476382/removed-virus-now-internet-only-works-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys,

I have replaced the battery of my laptop after using it on AC supply for about year after my old battery died.

I get this error message.
"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined
Battery may not charge.
This problem might be solved by:
Connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher."

But I am using a 65W Dell Adapter that I got with my laptop.
BTW, I tried the steps for disc AC >> Start>>Uninstall MS ACPI >> Insert battery>> Restart. This process did not yield any favorable results.

Please help!!!
Thanks,
Nitin

A:Replaced battery on laptop, Battery not taking charge.

If you take the battery out and just use the adapter, will the laptop boot up without errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340766-replaced-battery-laptop-battery-not-taking-charge.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi i have a XPS M dell laptop and bought a new battery wich came charged to the instructions said that i should discharge the battery to and then chargeit to for first time I used the laptop withouth cord until it was then i plugged it but the amer light that should battery testing of of or port need dell a i help a Hi, a battery laptop appear it is not when i plug the laptop with the battery installed then i check the energy administrator i have xp Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell and lubuntu and it both was the same and it said quot charging quot but it stayed in i let it more than hours plugged but never charged the battery it is still in and the light of the battery doesnt turn on I dont know if the battery is bad because it worked when had charge or is maybe the laptop that is not charging Is there a war to check if this port is charging electricity to the battery i have a multimeter and i know how to open this laptop Any information would be helpful as i havent been able to found information on this and also is there a way to know with the multimeter if the battery is allowing energy to charge it i hope you have understood im still klearning english thanks for your time nbsp

A:Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell

Testing the DC jack on a laptop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrsUsyxzk1M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-i-need-help-testing-a-battery-or-a-port-of-battery-of-a-laptop-dell.1131320/
Relevancy 49.88%

HP g - b us Notebook PCHere is the situation LED charge whi... battery charging battery shows and not Laptop and symptoms nbsp Battery not charging Battery icon indicates battery being charged but it sits at Have bought a replacement HP battery and that battery will not charge also it sits at which I assume is the initial charge it came with nbsp Run the HP Support Assistant and both batteries fail the test saying that cell is bad cells to have charge but cell has a reading even in the new battery Is there a problem accessing charging Laptop battery not charging and battery charge LED shows whi... cell When the battery is installed and the AC adaptor is unplugged and the laptop is turned off the battery charge LED shows a white LED red amber indicates that it is charging the battery now the only time the LED goes out is when the battery is physically removed Before the problem began the battery charge LED would be off when the battery was installed and the charger was not being used Now the battery charge LED goes off only when the battery is physically removed What I have tried Cleaned the contacts Bought a new HP battery Tried the complete discharge method of turning the laptop off removing the power cord and battery and holding the power on key for over seconds Have done safe restarts Reset to HP recommended settings Suggestions recommendations

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-battery-not-charging-and-battery-charge-LED-shows/td-p/5806061
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently I noticed that the amber LED on my HP Probook 650 G1 flashing constantly, even when the laptop is powered off.   The System Tray battery indication is 100%, fully charged, when on AC power and 100% on battery power shortly after undocking.    I find the Probook won't power up if AC power is not available (no response when pressing power button) but remains powered when I remove it from the docking station.    Have the electronics that control this LED flashing and power up when not on AC gone bad?    Is this an indication of other failure? thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-won-t-power-up-with-battery-but-battery-is-fully/td-p/5655982
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-on-battery-power-battery-good.1164783/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am becoming more and more concerned about my laptop's battery each and every passing day. When I check the bottom right of my computer screen to check if my computer battery is completely charged, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". I have had to buy two new batteries because of the same thing and they also read "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". When I unplug my laptop from the power source, it turns off automatically. I cannot even bother calling Dell to check this issue for me because I bought this computer off the street for $35.

My question in general is how do I get this problem fixed and how do I keep an eye on how my laptop computer charges correctly (or not)???

A:General Question about laptop battery charging AND 0% battery

Some reading and testing for you

Why is my Laptop battery not charging? – Drivers.com updates

Laptop Battery Not Charging | PCWorld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcDvp2A7Fss

The common method is:
- Create a System restore point
- Uninstall (Under the Batteries category in Device Manager) the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery.
- WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
- click Scan for hardware changes

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371230-general-question-about-laptop-battery-charging-0-battery.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Bought on april 2015, HD died on may 2015, lost all information went to warranty a change HD, in december start the problems with battery, affter calibration works well for 3 weeks, now is on 0% and its not charging. It's a configurtion/driver problem or I need to buy a battery because I can't find the battery at shop.lenovo.com, Despite my warranty covers up to june 2016, it's hard for me to apply. I'm on Ecuador and warranty works only in US.  Last time a cousin went to US a helped me.    

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Y40-80 Battery 0% Only works with charger

Try removing the battery and reinstalling it. it may not be connecting properly or snapped in all the way. Some components have an FRU # on them which is the field replaceable part number. I don't see why the battery cannot be shipped to you anyway. But you need to call Tech Support to process this since the forum is NOT tech support only a forum of users primarily.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GBZ70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Window 8.1 64bit FHD 17.3 inch Display, Nvidia G840 w/2GB memory

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y40-80-Battery-0-Only-works-with-charger/td-p/2261118
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
Find 14 easy ways to prolong your laptop battery life and find more Laptop, Processers, Hard Drives, Desktop PCs, Anti Virus and User computers at a good price in findnearyou.com Findnearyou.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-life-14-easy-ways-to-prolong-your-laptop-battery-life.741541/
Relevancy 49.45%

Posts Joined Today PM Posted Today PM I was trying to uninstall microsoft office completely but i kept getting an error message so i yahoo answered my question I was following the instructions of this answer http answers yahoo com question index qid AAKgp Z I got down to where I was removing the registry keys but was going step by step so I hadn t read the full paragraph I realised that I was deleting the wrong keys because my laptop is the bit version of microsoft windows When I realised what I had done I tried to restore my computer but this message came up illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion Which I think on Accidently removed Nothing registry Computer key. including internet. works meant that one of the registry keys i deleted was controlling that part of being able to use system restore I can t go on the internet anymore I get that blue screen that says aw snap something went wrong g chrome I really need to know how to get my laptop to how it was before i decided to do this stupid dumb deleting thing IS THE LAPTOP ABLE TO BE SAVED AND GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS I really need to use the computer and internet to do my assignments I am in year and in one of my most intense terms at school right now I really don t need more stress I ve really just brought this all on myself I should have just left it because it wasn t doing any Accidently removed registry key. Nothing on Computer works including internet. harm Accidently removed registry key. Nothing on Computer works including internet. it s just that it wouldn t work so I really had no use for microsoft office upset help me if you can thanks in advance if you reply to this

A:Accidently removed registry key. Nothing on Computer works including internet.

This is not a programming issue. I am going to move it to a place where it should get more visibility.

EDIT: The only way I can think to fix your issue without a complete reformat is to do a registry backup from a known good computer, and restore it via reg.exe (command line). That might restore the registry enough so that you can roll your system back to a known good restore point.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454598/accidently-removed-registry-key-nothing-on-computer-works-including-internet/
Relevancy 49.45%

OK please bear with removed Hidden with Admin account works doesn't UAC but Administrator me I'm not a newbie and not ignorant of basic Windows parameters but neither do I consider myself an expert - Hidden Administrator works but Admin account with UAC removed doesn't hence seeking your generous help I am running as TESTADMIN an account which is a member of the Administrators group on a Windows x Nov update machine This was a clean install not an upgrade I have installed an application Quickbooks Premier as TESTADMIN Everything generally works fine but there is one component which I have to use which needs UAC permission to activate That component starts a service that allows sharing of files across the Hidden Administrator works but Admin account with UAC removed doesn't network Once that service is started the application seeks UAC permissions to open Despite them being granted the application fails to load The service however loads fine and indeed does successfully allow the files to be shared across the network with other installations If I activate the hidden ADMINISTRATOR account and run the program from within that account then I have no problem whatsoever I have tried downgrading the UAC rights of the TESTADMIN account but no luck The service the files accessed and the program files all have permissions that give read write access to TESTADMIN I can see nothing that TESTADMIN does not have permission to access My understanding was that the ADMINISTRATOR account differed from TESTADMIN only by it's degree of UAC control But clearly there is something else the ADMINISTRATOR can do that TESTADMIN cannot How can I found out what it is and thereby begin the process of increasing permissions

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36201-hidden-administrator-works-but-admin-account-uac-removed-doesnt.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi folks
I have a lab for repairing laptops and i came up to a common problem with these series D600, D500 when used with a fake cheap AC adapter caused the laptop to stop working with AC and now it works only with charged battery even if i'm connecting it with a brand new original dell AC adapter.

I assume it damaged something in the DC convertion on the MoBo, maybe a dead voltage regulator / diode or a bad capacitor but i'm not able to track it down

any help or point for direction will be much appriciated.....

A:Dell D600 no AC, works only on battery

I don't know if the Dell D600 has a separate DC board or the DC regulator is part of the motherboard. Maybe the DC jack is broken...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d600-no-ac-works-only-on-battery.122405/
Relevancy 49.02%

I can not use any source of power for my hp x2 other than the supplied ac power brick. Why did HP do this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/what-external-battery-suppy-works-for-hp-x2/td-p/5826587
Relevancy 49.02%

Windows Security Essentials has detected this trojan quot Hiloti gen D quot on three occasions I never began having the internet problem until the second occasion When safe works trojan, Internet times only recurring in 3 "removed" mode with nw, I remove it the internet works for a short time and then may go VERY slow or stop working Haven t had the trojan show up again on full system Internet only works in safe mode with nw, recurring trojan, "removed" 3 times scans in safe mode and normal mode so I don t know if it s what the trojan left over that is causing this or what All the other computers in the house have internet that works fine It will say it s connected and that there are no problems but it still won t work I also get occasional site redirecting I was getting a lot more until I used Spybot S amp D and it removed some spyware I know I need to be more careful on the internet now Followed the instructions on what to do on the preparation guide so yes I ran the Defogger beforehand DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Ematron at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Internet Security Disabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP avast Internet Security Disabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW avast Internet Security Disabled B - -D - E - A A D BBB Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files Emsisoft Anti-Malware a service exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system Tablet exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system WTablet TabUserW exe C Windows system Tablet exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system sppsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem WMIADAP EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Ematron Downloads dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt e d- - fd- c - a f - c program files divx divx p... Read more

A:Internet only works in safe mode with nw, recurring trojan, "removed" 3 times

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397319/internet-only-works-in-safe-mode-with-nw-recurring-trojan-removed-3-times/
Relevancy 49.02%

Thanks for reading this ??battery battery Laptop calibration?? issue i have never posted anything in my life but i am stumped and need some help I got a dell inspiron and one day i was running it while it was Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration?? pluged in and i unpluged it and the laptop just quot Bloop quot shut off i tried turning it back on but nothing just as if i had no battery in it at all when i pluged it back in it fired up like normal i checked Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration?? the battery meter and it said full then charged up to full but still it wont run off the battery as soon as i unplug it it shuts right off Someone told me to run the battery calibration but my bios doesnt have an option for it at least i cant find it i know it has it somewere because when i first bought this laptop the screen was broke and when i bought a new one for it and booted it up it said i had to run the battery calibration befor it could start quot not sure why quot but i did watched it drain and charge so i know it's in here somewere do you think this would even help Also i think i updated the bios so it might have had an older bios witch might have had the battery calibration and the new one i put on doesnt It has verison A now i tried quot downgrading quot to A and A but it doesnt let me Says i have a newer verison and cannot install an older verison Stinks this problem kinda takes the quot Mobil quot feature out of a laptop Any help would be Awesome

A:Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration??

i'm afraid the battery calibration program is only used to initialize new Li-Ion batteries which need to be prepped with an initial charge-discharge cycle.

It sounds to me like you have a battery composed of 32 (probably AA sized) cells.
One of those cells has died and hence you see only 97% charge. Unfortunately losing a single cell prevents current from entering or leaving the battery so your battery will not discharge correctly therefore shutoff without discharge.

I think you need a new battery. Although it may be possible to replace the single bad cell, other cells may be degraded also - if one cell failed, why not others? unit could have been exposed to heat etc.

Although I was an engineer for Gould, I am not a battery expert!

good luck!
Simon

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/109826-laptop-battery-issue-battery-calibration.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi My laptop is about months old Ive had a few charging issues in the past where I was on a c but it would not recharge the battery This normally resolved itself 43% on Portege battery has Z10T-A charge works but AC only by running the battery flat and then recharging sometimes the battery wouldn't even need to run fat before it would start recharging again However as off today the laptop will only work when connected to a c power The moment I pull he Portege Z10T-A only works on AC but battery has 43% charge plug the laptop turns off immediately The battery says it has but is unable to charge It will not turn on unless connected to a c power I have rebooted installed all windows updates removed ACPI control method battery and rebooted and all to no Portege Z10T-A only works on AC but battery has 43% charge avail I cant update the bios as the device doesn't have a cd player and nor can I remove the battery from the device In the drives I only have MS AC adapter and MS ACPI I believe there is meant to be a third device driver -the battery- but I ant see it there Can anyone help Portege Z10T-A only works on AC but battery has 43% charge

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83751-Portege-Z10T-A-only-works-on-AC-but-battery-has-43-charge
Relevancy 48.59%

I've used a damaged charger on my clevo d480w and I've seen a spark right on the power jack of the laptop. As a consequence, power isn't reaching the laptop or the battery anymore. Laptop works perfectly with a charged battery but doesn't power up with any charger. Could it only be the power jack or is it some more serious fault on mother board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clevo-d480w-only-works-on-charged-battery.1081569/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Dell Precision M70 that works fine off of the battery, but will not operate or charge the battery off of the power supply. (I have a 2nd M70 with which to charge batteries). I suspected a worn out power supply input jack, so I ordered a replacement and completed the MB surgery last night (those 9 pin jacks are NOT fun to de-solder off the MB!). Results after jack replacement are the same - no sign of input power. As I don't have schematics for this MB, I don't know what is in the circuitry path from the jack. Perhaps a fuse, varistor, voltage regulator, corrosion verdigris, ???? - something that perhaps one of you out there has heard has a propensity for failure in the M70. I'd love to get this laptop back up and running - any ideas?

A:Dell M70 works on battery, not on power supply

Prior to troubleshooting, an observation:
Not sure what the prices are for parts for that laptop but on a pure cost basis, it seems like its going to be cheaper (from a time and money standpoint) to just buy a new motherboard from the manufacturer.
Assuming you still want to troubleshoot it:
Do you have access to other working M70's?

Would be interested to test the power supply on another identical laptop to see if the behavior persists, try other charger/power supplies with the same laptop.

Is the power supply modular? are there parts of it you can swap out with "known good" components?

Also try other batteries, and check the battery terminals for corrosion or dirt.

I understand that the computer operates fine when the battery is only discharging. Does it still operate when a power supply is attached, or does it cause some sort of fault? (understanding that it doesnt charge or draw current when the power supply is attached)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-m70-works-on-battery-not-on-power-supply.910750/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a HP DV6 7000 laptop. Battery charging only works when lid is closed (sleep mode). If I close the lid and plug in the charger, the indicator light shows orange, and the battery will then proceed to charge to near full. If I open the lid prior to the orange light changing to white, the battery icon always says: __% available (plugged in, not charging). Several different chargers give identical outcomes. ALL of them will fully charge the battery in about two hours; provided that, the lid is kept closed. If I open the lid, even at say 50% charge, the orange light switches to white, and the battery icon always says: __% available (plugged in, not charging). Thanks, Ed.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Battery charging only works when lid is closed (sleep mode)

Hi @ElyMayor   Thank you for your reply. The last thing I can suggest trying is a restore back to factory.  Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 7) You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties.  Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.World Wide Phone Support 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Battery-charging-only-works-when-lid-is-closed-sleep-mode/td-p/4849744
Relevancy 48.16%

Hallo everybody I have this weird matter My TV tuner gets full signal when working with the battery while it gets null signal when plugged in to the AC socket whenever the battery is in The matter is related I think to the battery saving profile I have an ASUS K V with i - QM GHz OS Windows I tried to set the setting of the active profile equal for quot on battery quot and quot plugged in quot copying the settings of the first to the second naturally It still doesn't work It seems that is not configurable Passing from working on battery Process C Program Files ASUS P G BatteryLife exe process ID reset policy scheme from a ac doesn't on plugg software works TV when when battery Tuner -efc - - c -cccf b cd to df ed - - b - - cfb ce To not working plugged in Process C Program Files ASUS P G BatteryLife exe process ID reset policy scheme from df ed - - b - - cfb ce to a ac -efc - - c -cccf b cd Could you suggest any solution Thanks

A:TV Tuner software works when on battery doesn't when plugg

Take a look at the Windows power options. You may want to change the power plan for when the laptop is plugged in.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/27812-tv-tuner-software-works-when-battery-doesnt-when-plugg.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

Problem I Have Happened Suddenly ,laptop workins perfect all the time ,but since yesterday when i plug in the ac adapter laptop will work for 10 seconds powerd off then and then will not turn on - only orange power cord icon blinks.
I Checked the ac adapter with my girlfriend protege r500 - she has exactly same model and its working perfect on the AC .... ,when i use her battery my laptop working again fine - any ideas

A:Portege R500 works on battery but after connecting to AC adapter is OFF

Can you start your Portege with AC power supply only (battery removed)?
If yes do it and when Windows is fully loaded put battery in place again.

What happen when you do this?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71289-Portege-R500-works-on-battery-but-after-connecting-to-AC-adapter-is-OFF
Relevancy 47.3%

Battery charges fully as normal yet the indicator stops at 80%. Unplugging and using the battery power the indicator stays at 80% for a long period of time until the battery gets below the 80% mark then the indicator functions as normal.
Restarting the tablet the indicator boots to show 100% yet doesn't change until battery power gets to 80%.
Any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437123-win10-anniversary-battery-works-great-indicator-reads-incorrect.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone.

Facing this weird issue here, I can only use internet from one laptop, (the one im using to write this post).
Any other device wont get any internet access, they connect to the network, but get limited access. (Cant access any page etc)

One other weird aspect, is that, I can only access my ROUTER configuration page, from the devices that CANNOT connect to the internet, meaning that, from my laptop(the one im using right now) the page (192.168.0.3) will simply give me "Cannot establish connection"

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

EDIT: Sorry for the confusing tittle.

A:Wifi works only works on one laptop

Sounds like you have your modem connected to a router LAN port instead of to the WAN (Internet, Modem) port. Hence, one device gets an IP configuration from your ISP and all the others get their IP configuration from the router.

If this is not true then please show the following for the computer with internet access and for one of the others (assuming Windows). Also, what is the IP on the router's WAN status page?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-works-only-works-on-one-laptop.1160439/
Relevancy 46.87%

laptop will start up but i cant hit any icons or start button but mouse works and safe mode works also installed spybot and it wont start and when i could still go to webpages it didnt let me go to spybot webpage im guessing hit laptop icons or start button mode and mouse up any safe start works but works will cant but i this is the place for help thank you in advance for any advice im not sure if it matters but i can laptop will start up but i cant hit any icons or start button but mouse works and safe mode works only do the hjt laptop will start up but i cant hit any icons or start button but mouse works and safe mode works from safemode DDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by Administrator at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report BHO c windows system hsfd jfdg dll c bf a - f - bd-f - c - c windows system hsfd jfdg dll BHO fbd -ac - c - - aa e fa - c windows system fuvatozi dll TB McAfee VirusScan ba b -b - c -b - f f - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll EB BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun VSOCheckTask quot c progra mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask mRun VirusScan Online quot c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot mRun MCAgentExe c progra mcafee com agent mcagent exe mRun MCUpdateExe c progra mcafee com agent McUpdate exe mRun SemanticInsight c program files rxtoolbar semantic insight SemanticInsight exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun prunnet quot c windows system prunnet exe quot mRun Lwowaliy rundll exe quot c windows Vteluni dll quot e mRun jsf uiw jnjgffght c docume susanl locals temp winlognn exe mRun svchost exe quot c windows system svchost exe quot mRun Bdamatepinukon rundll exe quot c windows aveqodih dll quot e mRun Explorer c windows system msrstart exe mRun DeskTopSrv c windows system grcrt exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun lidazedivu Rundll exe quot c windows system gavedewu dll quot s mRun UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u mRun KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k mRun hgcheck c windows system hgcheck exe mRun f rundll exe quot c windows system zufajudi dll quot b mRun CPM b Rundll exe quot c windows system bodadabe dll quot a mRunOnce svchost exe quot c windows system svchost exe quot mExplorerRun xccinit c windows system inf rundll exe c windows xccdf a dll xccd StartupFolder c documents and settings all users start menu programs startup svchost exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE b e c - fcb- cf-aaa - c - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin npjpi dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF ad c - e- d -b e - f d - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF cafeefac- - - -abcdeffedcba - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF cafeefac-ffff-ffff-ffff-abcdeffedcba - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab TCP E CDC -FCE - FF -AA - EEBC F FB Notify crypt - crypts dll Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll AppInit DLLs snovly dll c windows system junobuvo dll c windows system jezemimu dll vuevbo dll c windows system bodadabe dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SSODL SSODL - EC E FD- C - a - D -E B DBDD C - c windows system bodadabe dll STS c windows system hsfd jfdg dll c bf a - f - bd-f - c - c windows system hsfd jfdg dll STS STS ec e fd- c - a - d -e b dbdd c - c windows system bodadabe dll LSA Authentication Packages msv c windows system pmnmmNhF LSA Notification Packages scecli c windows system junobuvo dll FIREFOX ... Read more

A:laptop will start up but i cant hit any icons or start button but mouse works and safe mode works

Hello, danyulsWelcome to the Bleeping Computer Forums. My name is Jat, and I will be helping you with your situation.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will have to close your topic.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic. The topics you are tracking can be found here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just post back here so that we know you're still here.I need some time to look over your log, I will post back soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/208895/laptop-will-start-up-but-i-cant-hit-any-icons-or-start-button-but-mouse-works-and-safe-mode-works/
Relevancy 46.44%

Greetings I know this to be a huge problem but I cannot for the life of me find anyone with my circumstances I unplug everything except power from the board and reset the CMOS when I plug the power in it boots to msg screen and allows normal access to BIOS But if I unplug it and try to plug it back in after the mobo light is out it won t boot If I take the CMOS battery out it works If I leave the CMOS battery out and connect everything EXCEPT the front panel cable it gives me the following errors but allows me to continue boot and access Windows normally Performing automatic up w/o battery hooked front Amber works only E510 and Blinking - CMOS panel IDE Config Drive disk E510 Blinking Amber - only works w/o CMOS battery and front panel hooked up drive Floppy diskette seek failure time of E510 Blinking Amber - only works w/o CMOS battery and front panel hooked up day not set - run setup invalid config information run setup Alert Previous Fan Failure F Continue F for setup Is there something wrong with the front panel interface I have seen other posts referring to that be a lesser know problem I ordered a mobo because after eliminating the power supply as a problem that was my next step New mobo does the same thing I just don t understand what the CMOS and front panel have to do with each other does the front panel report to the CMOS hardware info Thanks for any help you can offer - Dan nbsp

A:E510 Blinking Amber - only works w/o CMOS battery and front panel hooked up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e510-blinking-amber-only-works-w-o-cmos-battery-and-front-panel-hooked-up.896630/
Relevancy 45.15%

Since i bought a new laptop E7270, is it allowed to use my power adaptor my old Dell E6420 also for the new one?   If so i can use one adaptor at home and another in office and dont need to carry the power adaptor always.
Will this impact the battery performance of the new laptop?

A:If it is possible to use the power adapter of E6420 for my new laptop E7270? Will it impact the battery of the new laptop?

If the connector fits (it may not - the older systems use a much larger barrel connector than many of the new ones), AND the power (wattage) is equal or greater, yes.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984388
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello ...
I have had a Toshiba C850-A965 laptop for 4 years
and it's been working perfectly
untill one day recently, a message poped up saying that there's something wrong with the battery and should be replaced, but it was still the same, works for an hour and a half approximately
But, I went ahead and bought a new battery, the message disappeared
and i fully charged and then started the laptop
it worked for about 15 mins and then it shut down ( like u took the plug off from a desktop computer) without any warning
when i turned it back on, it was still fully charged !!! and the shutting down happend again and again :(
the old battery is still working fine
so that must mean that there's nth wrong with my laptop right? and the battery is bad?
please give me your opinions
thank you for your precious time

A:laptop battery problem, laptop shut down suddenly

Could still be a faulty battery. It can read the correct voltage off load, but as soon as you put a load on it, it takes a dive. The battery status symbol is just that, a symbol. The only foolproof method of proving it is to replace it with a known good battery. Do you have any good friends with a similar laptop ?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-battery-problem-laptop-shut-down-suddenly-4606017/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello there I have an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium GB Ram and HDD At the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago battery Laptop at powers laptop unexpectedly 20% off problem: i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached Laptop battery problem: laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop battery problem: laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20%

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322523-laptop-battery-problem-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi problem: detected" battery is "No Laptop battery everyone My laptop battery seemed like it had loads of life left in it but one day Laptop battery problem: "No battery is detected" it just suddenly stopped working and my laptop started saying quot no battery is detected quot I contacted the insurance people and they came over to check that the battery was dead and that it wasn't a problem with my laptop itself They confirmed that I just needed a new battery and sent me a new one Now with the new battery in it is saying the exact same thing quot no battery is detected quot and only working off power from the charger If I take the battery out and then put it back in again the laptop says quot plugged in and charging quot for a few seconds before switching back to saying quot no battery is detected quot and completely ignoring the battery I know that the problem must be with the laptop and not the battery so does anybody know how I can fix this problem Thanks

A:Laptop battery problem: "No battery is detected"

Hi and welcome to TSF please try removing the battery and the ac adapter and hold down the power button for 45 secs then try booting with the battery alone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-battery-problem-no-battery-is-detected-644309.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have just received a replacement battery for my Toshiba Satellite L laptop which I Won't On Now Turn New Laptop Battery - Laptop Solved: purchased from a preferred seller on Ebay When I put Solved: New Laptop Battery - Now Laptop Won't Turn On it in the laptop to charge and use the computer while it s charging the computer will not even turn on I contacted the seller and this is what he replied quot We are sorry to hear that the battery did not work well No problem for return and you will get a full refund if we receive your return within days of the purchase date However before the return please check Solved: New Laptop Battery - Now Laptop Won't Turn On the following Make sure that your power adapter and electric outlet work well Make sure that the connection part between battery and laptop is clean If not please clean and try the battery again Many new batteries need several charge to reach the full capacity If it is a newly received battery please recharge several times to allow the battery to its full capacity If you recently upgrade your operating system to windows it may cause the battery not charge Please go online for a solution for your specific laptop model Please check your laptop manufacturer s website for a BIOS update Recently a few customers reported that the Bios update solved the problem having with their battery If none of these steps works please return the whole package to the following address by USPS Priority or UPS ground And please include the order receipt or shipping slip in the return package We suggest that you use a delivery confirmation to track the shipment so that the return is confirmed Upon receiving the return we will process the refund in business days quot I have checked to see that all connections are good and I have not recently upgraded operating systems Now what I am wondering is should I check into the BIOS update or should I just consider this a lost cause and return the battery I realize that buying an original Toshiba battery would have been a better choice but I was just trying to save some money Please advise Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I ve got a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT P laptop that I just recently got a new battery for The old battery had reached the off is Laptop Laptop Charge Battery Doesn't if end of its life only lasting for about - minutes if I was lucky Anyway I got a new battery but Laptop Battery Doesn't Charge if Laptop is off it was not the original Sony battery it was a comparable one of a different brand for less then half of the price of the Sony When charged it lasts a good hours no problem but doesn t seem to charge when the laptop is off Yesterday I turned it on it said it had remainng I charged it for about minutes and then it read Upon unplugging it it again read but with another minutes plugged it it went up to and stayed there when unplugged I should also note that I ve reformatted the computer so it only has Sony drivers that the device manager said I lacked Was the lower priced battery too good to be true or is there an easy fix to this problem Appreciate the help in advance Zach nbsp

A:Laptop Battery Doesn't Charge if Laptop is off

a bios update is often needed when using a different battery than what the laptop was designed to use, and since you bought a generic battery, i highly doubt that Sony will provide support of any kind for it.

Check Ebay for actual Sony brand batteries (not another generic), you can get them on Ebay for 1/2 (or less) the price that you would pay in a store or from Sony

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-doesnt-charge-if-laptop-is-off.43551/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an HP Probook 4540S.

I don't use it that often and when I put it away, I make sure the battery is at 100%.

Today, I went to use it, and it would not power on.

I plugged in the A/C adapter and it powered up and showed the battery at 0%.

I called HP and they said that is normal and if I'm not going to use it for more than a week, to remove the battery.

I went to the HP forum, and they said just the opposite- The Mod said it has to be a software problem or a crappy battery.

Which is correct and would removing the battery when not using it be okay?

Thanks,

Paul

A:Laptop battery draining when laptop is shut down

Batteries do lose a certain percentage while being shutoff, usually 2-3% but it can be higher. The battery could be completely normal or it could be going bad. Typically this is from heat or poor charging habits (don't worry, everyone does it).

Here is a link to help you better understand laptop battery usage:
BatteryCare - Proper laptop battery usage guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343379-laptop-battery-draining-when-laptop-shut-down.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok first of all thanks to anyone who reads this and I hope I am being as clear as possible My desktop computer recently just went and not for new DSL desktop laptop ;\ laptop works but the cable all blank white screen on me last night and since I have no idea what to do with it to fix it I just bought a new laptop I have a DSL modem from Verizon with only one cable so before I used to just remove it from the desktop and plug it into my other laptop to use the internet I did this last night with the new laptop as well and this morning I tried to connect to the internet on the new laptop and it said could not connect to the internet no matter what website I tried I decided to try plugging the DSL line into the OLD laptop to see if it was the internet but it works on the old laptop just fine and was working on the new laptop yesterday just fine Can someone please help me I do not understand why the old laptop works perfectly and never had a virus but every new computer I get seems to be quot crap quot pardon my language Any thoughts nbsp

A:DSL cable works for desktop and laptop but not the new laptop ;\

Connect to the old laptop and get the Internet working and connected, then I'd like to see this.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

After that, connect to the new laptop, reboot the laptop and then post the same thing from the new laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-cable-works-for-desktop-and-laptop-but-not-the-new-laptop.958408/
Relevancy 43.86%

my laptop fan doesn't spin but the laptop works fine without any problem , i wonder how the laptop working fine without the fan spining? i actually opened the laptop and turned on the machine and i didn't see the fan spining!
does it stop spining sometimes or it should run as long as the laptop is on? how do i check if it working while the laptop cover is closed? please someone help me, im sorry if i put this thread in wrong section but i couldn't see forum that related to problems and troubleshooting. thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-fan-does-not-spin-but-laptop-works-fine.1089464/
Relevancy 43.43%

I unsuccessfully tried to perform a fresh Windows install on a HP laptop without using the HP factory disk, but had driver problems (see http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529653/no-ethernet-on-fresh-install-for-hp-pavilion-dv7/ for history).

I've since re-built the PC using the factory HP disk.   next want to remove everything that is not absolutely necessary.

I've removed all HP specific software.  Bad idea?

I removed Bing.

I installed Comcast Norton which removed an existing version of Norton (When runing the HP disk, I said not to install Norton, but it appearantly did anyway).

I thought a promotion version of MS Office should have been installed, but appearantly it wasn't.

Please confirm that removing the HP software won't cause me too much hardship, and whether I should remove other problems.

Thank you

A:What should be removed from a HP Laptop

I have an HP laptop and ALWAYS uninstall all HP programs which get put back on when reinstalling Windows.

Removing them will cause you no problems. Most are "utilities" that you may never use.

I also uninstall the Norton and Office trials, Evernote, Bing, Adobe Reader because I use a different program for .pdf files,  

Here is a list of what gets uninstalled by me. Not listed is HP Games which also goes bye bye. If in doubt about something simply open it up and see if it is something you want to/might use.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530815/what-should-be-removed-from-a-hp-laptop/
Relevancy 43%

My laptop has stalled and with previous laptops I have just unclipped the battery and removed power, how do I restart from a stall when the battery is in the body of the computer?  Control, Alt, delete does not work. 

Relevancy 43%

Suddenly, my laptop started to have problems booting. When I press the power button, it starts to power up, but quits after a few seconds (3-5). I can hear the drvies/fans start to spin up, and then it just powers off. The initial screen displays for about .5 seconds -too fast to read any messages.
I have it configured to boot from a CD/DVD, so I tried that, but it didn't work either - UNTIL - I removed the hard drive itself. Now I can boot fine from a bootable CD (typically a LINUX Live CD). I even replaced the HD with a new one, but its doing the same thing with the new drive.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The laptop is an older HP zt1000, long since out of warrantee. Thanks.

A:Laptop only boots from CD/DVD with HD removed

Can you at least hit f8 and see the menu where you can choose safe mode or does it even allow you to get into the bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-only-boots-from-cd-dvd-with-hd-removed.52131/
Relevancy 43%

My laptop has stalled and with previous laptops I have just unclipped the battery and removed power, how do I restart from a stall when the battery is in the body of the computer?  Control, Alt, delete does not work. 

A:My laptop has stalled with others I have removed t...

keep pushing the power button until it shuts down.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/My-laptop-has-stalled-with-others-I-have-removed-the-battery-and/td-p/380929
Relevancy 43%

Hoist search is on my computer and everywhere there are ads. it also disables some java or flash or something sometimes so I cant view some stuff and it just turns into a vertical page of text with no color. I tried uninstalling it but it does not appear in my control panel and i already tried setting Firefox to default. I am using WIndows 8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hoistsearch-wont-be-removed-from-my-laptop.1140246/
Relevancy 43%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 42.57%

hi,

I desperately need to recover information on a hard drive in my broken laptop. I just took out the hard drive and it doesn't look damaged on the outside at least...

I'm wondering if it is possible to buy some kind of adapter so that i can plug it into the USB port on my other computer? The hard drive has two rows of gold pins on it. Here are the specs that i have read off the bottom of the drive...

Hitachi Travelstar

Model: HTS541660J9AT00 5400RPM
5V 600mA DC 60GB ATA/IDE

P/N 0A50679 MLC DA1574
16383CYL 16HEADS. 63SEC/T

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Relevancy 42.57%

Yes I have just removed my hard drive from my laptop because I installed a new dvd rom drive. When I reassembled everything and went to boot it up my hard drive was no longer recognized. When I go to bios it says there is no hard drive. Just wondering if any one has and idea why it is no longer recognized

A:Removed Hard Drive From Laptop

Have you checked to make sure connections to the hard drive are firm and tight?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99242/removed-hard-drive-from-laptop/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys I know there s a bunch of laptop won t turn on threads around but none seem to apply to my laptop Basically I have an HP dv nr Pavilion and the case for the screen finally broke from its hinges the left side first then the right two months after Not wanting to try to get replacement parts for it - it s a three year old computer I got at a clearance sale I decided to just get rid of the screen and use a spare monitor I have I took off the Laptop screen won't turn removed on I after adapter and battery carefully removed the screen microphones and webcam and left it there for about five hours When I came back I attached the monitor plugged in the adapter and battery and the light on the power jack turned on but when I tried turning on the computer it wouldn t do anything No noise from the fan nothing The little light that indicates the computer is powered wasn t on either - just the one on the jack I don t really Laptop won't turn on after I removed screen know what to do now I assume it s something to do with the power supply Thanks in advance for your replies and Happy Holidays nbsp

A:Laptop won't turn on after I removed screen

What did you do with the video cable that was connected to the screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-after-i-removed-screen.158954/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi Guys I am seriously hoping you can help My Windows laptop died the other day and would not open again I get a message saying either quot Operating system failure quot or quot No operating system but connecting died, see Laptop when it removed can not HD found quot I have alot of files that Laptop died, removed HD but can not see it when connecting I need for work on the HD not to mention photos of my kids growing up and so on So I removed the HD and bought a HD Enclosure In the meantime I have also bought a MacBook been looking to do this for a while and now had my hand kind of forced So I have plugged it the HD into the Macbook and it doesn t show up at all I have looked in all the places that you should see it but nothing I did have one instance when it came up as a shared network and asked me to sign in when I opened it However once I signed in it came up saying it was unavailable at this time I have tried plugging it into my wife s laptop but it is a work laptop and has some restrictions on it so no joy there either Any help would be hugely appreciated as I need these files asap Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop died, removed HD but can not see it when connecting

I saw this http://lifehacker.com/5515337/save-a-failed-hard-drive-in-your-freezer-redux
suggested before, but have never tried it so I'll suggest you wait for someone with more experience to help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-died-removed-hd-but-can-not-see-it-when-connecting.197071/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Toshiba laptop, and I accidently deleted the mouse, thats on the keypad, in device manager, and I wanna know how to restore it back to the original way. It was a Accupoint. Thank you. Ben

A:Accidently removed mouse on laptop.

Hiya

Not sure if this will work, as you haven't mentioned your version of Windows, but restart in DOS, and at the prompt, type the following. Note the space before the /

scanreg /restore

and pick a date prior to the change

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidently-removed-mouse-on-laptop.79150/
Relevancy 42.14%

I removed some Vundo registry entries and files like Prunnet using Malwarebytes yesterday but now I think there must still be a problem not being picked up by Malwarebytes since my laptop has started running slowly Also on startup I'm seeing a couple of minutes of Virtumonde/Prunnet awfully but removed laptop (I think), now slow black screen plus Virtumonde/Prunnet removed (I think), but laptop awfully slow now an arrow curser which I never saw before being infected Can you help I've attached my HijackThis log below It looks like there are at least a couple of entries like the omreo dll that look suspicious Thank you Virtumonde/Prunnet removed (I think), but laptop awfully slow now so very much ElizabethO c windows system nwprovau dllO CE D D - CF- C D- FE - F A ActiveDataInfo Class - http www symantec com techsupp asa ctrl SymAData cabO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dllO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file O SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLL omroeo dllO Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeO Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeO Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeO Symantec Network Drivers Service SNDSrvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeO Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeO Symantec SPBBCSvc SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeO Symantec Password Validation ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exeO iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeO ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exeO Symantec Network Proxy ccProxy - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeO SymWMI Service SymWSC - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeO Spectrum Event Monitor S EventMonitor - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeO EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeO RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeO McAfee SystemGuards McSysmon - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeO McAfee Scanner McODS - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exeO McAfee Services mcmscsvc - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exeO McAfee Network Agent McNASvc - McAfee Inc - c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeO Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Macromedia Shared Service Macromedia Licensing exeO Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeO DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C Program Files DellSupport brkrsvc exeO NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc - C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeO SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeO McAfee Proxy Service McProxy - McAfee Inc - c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeO WLANKEEPER - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeepe... Read more

A:Virtumonde/Prunnet removed (I think), but laptop awfully slow now

Please disregard this post!! (Couldn't find a way to delete it.) Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189423/virtumondeprunnet-removed-i-think-but-laptop-awfully-slow-now/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I went to a website that installed shopathome toolbar and I went to the Firefox extension and removed it and did a system restore Please check if there is anything running that shouldn t be running When I play videos from YouTube Slow ShopAtHome Laptop Toolbar removed, or play music I get choppy playback Thank you for all your time and effort DDS ShopAtHome Toolbar removed, Laptop Slow Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Home PC at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV AVG Internet Security Business Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE ShopAtHome Toolbar removed, Laptop Slow -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Internet Security Business Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spyware Doctor Disabled Updated BB -F DA- F- A E-F FF F Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system AUDIODG EXE ShopAtHome Toolbar removed, Laptop Slow C Windows system Hpservice exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Hotkey Support HPHotkeyMonitor exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files QUALCOMM QDLService k QDLService kHP exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Hotkey Support QLBController exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - c program files microsoft off... Read more

A:ShopAtHome Toolbar removed, Laptop Slow

HelloThese are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483612/shopathome-toolbar-removed-laptop-slow/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista SP2. She was running McAfee for years with no problems. However, she decided she didn't really need it so she didn't renew it.

There were so many things poping up that I couldn't even get it to a point where I could post even via Safe Mode, which is what I'm in right now.

I did run a few scan so I hope you don't get upset if I post them here.

I'm very interested in learning how to do this for others so any hand-holding/explaining is appreciated.

Oh, does not appear one can attach files on this forum so I'll hold off on those.
Let me know what you'd like me to run.

Much appreciated.
Jim

A:Vista Laptop - many things removed, more left?

Oh, just for a few things that were found and removed -- at least they said they were removed....

trojan.jorik
rootkit.tdss (I was running this)
trojan.fakealert
exploit.drop.2
malware.trace
hijack.exefile
torjan.fakealert
PUM.Bad.Proxy
spyware.passwords.Xgen
Trojan.Ranson.Pgen

Also had this silly thing saying it was a Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KZB890830) that wanted to run but when it did, it spammed the screan something fierce: C:\windows\system32\mrt.exe /R /RE

Also ahd some chkdsk errors that were fixed on files spwizeng.dll & spwmp.dll & spwizeng.dll

Had a Trojan.win32.Agent.hicv in R198174-1.exe

trojan.zefarch
trojan.gen.2
trojan horse
trojan.adh

Also had some silly TelevisionFanatic bar along with other videoscavenger stuff.

Jim

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417499/vista-laptop-many-things-removed-more-left/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi - I try to explain this clearly since I m not computer savy I have a HP that has a Hp Laptop it had Pavilion XP removed Vista want to upgraded C drive and a D drive recovery partition I never made recovery discs Hp Pavilion Laptop had XP upgraded to Vista want it removed for it Hp Pavilion Laptop had XP upgraded to Vista want it removed My HP came with XP Home Premium then I upgraded to Vista Home Premium I am having all sorts of problems and want to go back to XP using Hp Pavilion Laptop had XP upgraded to Vista want it removed my D partition BUT theres one huge problem or not if you know what your doing and I don t My system crashed last nite and when I turned it back on it made me the guest with my name and a blank picture appears that needs a password and username and when I try system restore or anything it wants a password and even if I had it it wont let me even type into the space where its required I cant even download a picture of this cause Im in safe mode - The computer stated when I try to help myself quot Windows needs your permission to continue Edit security Microsoft Windows then a big line of numbers then it says quot To continue type an admin password and then click OK then theres a space to type and it wont let me type anything and thens theres a choice to click OK which I can t and then Cancel which I can My question is Can I get to my D drive and just restore my PC to my old system I dont care if I lose any work I just want my laptop back no one else evens uses it Can I turn it off then when I turn it on click F something and it will erase and recover like new or can I reinstall Vista again and erase this mess HELP oh please Help Thanks in advance if anyone answers Sorry for the length nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I have a laptop with two HDDs. The Secondary drive was removed from a system that had a board failure and has a two partitions. Is there a way to find out what the hostname was of that (old) computer? Thanks for any help.

A:Find hostname of secondary HDD removed from laptop

See if anything from this helpshttp://www.sevenforums.com/general-...i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 User

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/find-hostname-of-secondary-hdd-removed-from-laptop/19221.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Start up disks will not boot computer. After removing HDD I put it in a external HDD case, plugged the usb into another computer running win 7 also. It reads the 3 partitions I had on the disk, but I can't see anything but the drive letters on the disk. chkdidk will not work, it says can not access disk. There is only one document that I need on the drive, rest is backed up Darn, Hope you can help. Thanks

A:Droped Dell laptop, will not boot, removed HDD but

Hello nse and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. From what you've described it sounds like the read/write heads have been rendered inoperable. It could be the heads themselves or something else that controls the movement of the heads across the platters. (The actuator arms, the motor that powers the arms, the spindle that spins the platters or its motor, or even something in the electronics of the printed circuit board that contains the power and data cable connections, etc.)

You could try a free program called Recuva but I'm not very optimistic. If the read/write heads aren't working it may take a professional recovery service (that usually charges hundreds of dollars) to get your document off the hard drive.

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264152-droped-dell-laptop-will-not-boot-removed-hdd-but.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I ran Malwarebytes and Spybot and they found some stuff and removed it but computer is still running slow Any thoughts help are greatly appreciated HIJACK THIS LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Kodak KODAK Share Button App Listener exe C Users Jack M Brown AppData Local Amazon Cloud Player Amazon Music Helper exe C Program Files x Google Google Calendar Sync GoogleCalendarSync exe C Users Jack M Brown AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox Malware Found/Removed Laptop--Some Slow exe C Program Slow Laptop--Some Malware Found/Removed Files x AutoIt AutoIt exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD saui exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jack M Brown Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http acer msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http acer msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO WsSVRIEHelper - C C BC - F B- -A CB- FE B - C Program Files x iSkysoft Video Converter SVRIEPlugin dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - HKLM Run LManager C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateLBPShortCut quot C Program Files x CyberLink LabelPrint MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x CyberLink LabelPrint quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot Software CyberLink LabelPrint quot O - HKLM Run CLMLServer quot C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateP GoShortCut quot C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot SOFTWARE CyberLink Power Go quot O - HKLM Run UCam Menu quot C Program Files x CyberLi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-laptop-some-malware-found-removed.1108138/
Relevancy 42.14%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run System removed Tool slow... laptop "very" but by Will at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV BitDefender Enabled Updated F C -A C-B DD- -D C F SP BitDefender Enabled Updated E E - -B - -EE F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spyware Doctor Enabled Updated F AB A- B - B - - ED FDA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService System Tool removed but laptop "very" slow... C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system System Tool removed but laptop "very" slow... agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files PostgreSQL bin pg ctl exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA Toshiba Online Product Information TOPI exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files WebMoney Agent wmagent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender seccenter exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files WebMoney Advisor WMStatusbarSync exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Program Files Intern... Read more

A:System Tool removed but laptop "very" slow...

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. It's important to note that these instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create an OTL ReportPlease do... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384170/system-tool-removed-but-laptop-very-slow/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I've performed ad-aware spybot panda a v scans and removed many items from this PC It still doesn't seem to be running correctly in that it's quite slow When first starting running already removed laptop - some viruses slow up processor usage is at from svchost exe This will continue to run at for about minutes or so then the system will become more responsive although maybe still slower than it should be Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Stephen on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP laptop running slow - some viruses already removed - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Installed Ad-Aware SE Personal - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Stephen exe --------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running laptop running slow - some viruses already removed processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS laptop running slow - some viruses already removed System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe c Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client Apache bin Apache exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client Apache bin Apache exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C Program Files Dell Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client RAUL exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client RAUAgent exe C Program Files Dell Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client Apache bin ApacheMonitor exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ofcdog exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntupd exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe circuit c library MalWare dss exe C DOCUME S... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/laptop-running-slow-some-viruses-already-removed-155514.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Asus UX E x Windows Home Premium I also had ultimate before reformatting I have an ASUS UX E Pretty much since I first got it I have been experiencing this problem The problem being that occasionally when I remove or insert the charger into the laptop it freezes By completely freezing I mean screen freezing and the only option being to hold down the power button to force a power down It only Laptop when charger freezes inserted/removed is happens occasionally though Laptop freezes when charger is inserted/removed not every time I remove or Laptop freezes when charger is inserted/removed insert the power cable Sometimes maybe a few times a day or even a week There isnt really any immediate or obvious similarity in what I am doing at the time of freezing although I have a suspicion it could be to do with the graphics card as it most happens when i am full screening something I have reformatted a bunch of times and this is still a problem Laptop freezes when charger is inserted/removed so i suspect its hardware But when I phoned the ASUS customer service they said that the engineers would have to be able to recreate the problem I dont know what exactly triggers it So i have to find out before sending it to get repaired This is what it said in Event Viewer after one of these hangs Code Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Aseem-PC Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Aseem-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Any help would really be appreciated I keep losing all my work and its becoming such a pain Thank you in advance for your help Thanks Amishra

A:Laptop freezes when charger is inserted/removed

Dear Amishra,

I am encountering the exact same issue as you have described. I'd like to know whether you have managed to resolve this matter or is it an ongoing issue? Any advise you can give me to help me get to the bottom of the fault would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Quote: Originally Posted by amishra123

Asus UX31E,x64 Windows 7 Home Premium(I also had ultimate before reformatting)

I have an ASUS UX31E. Pretty much since I first got it I have been experiencing this problem.
The problem being that occasionally when I remove or insert the charger into the laptop, it freezes. By completely freezing I mean screen freezing and the only option being to hold down the power button to force a power down.

It only happens occasionally though, not every time I remove or insert the power cable. Sometimes maybe a few times a day or even a week.
There isnt really any immediate or obvious similarity in what I am doing at the time of freezing although I have a suspicion it could be to do with the graphics card as it most happens when i am full screening something.

I have reformatted a bunch of times and this is still a problem, so i suspect its hardware. But when I phoned the ASUS customer service they said that the engineers would have to be able to recreate the problem.
I dont know what exactly triggers it! So i have to find out before sending it to get repaired!!

This is what it said in Event Viewer after one of these hangs.

Code:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 21/08/2012 09:37:43
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Aseem-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-08-21T08:37:43.840004100Z" />
<EventRecordID>8534</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Aseem-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
Any help would really be appreciated, I keep losing all my work and its becoming such a pain!
Thank you in advance for your help!
Thanks Amishra123

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248006-laptop-freezes-when-charger-inserted-removed.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I tried to add my work laptop to a workgroup (see attached image from where I did it.  Note that this image was taken from my home PC where I am on a workgroup, and I just put a sample domain in the image).

Didn't ask for a password or anything.  When I rebooted, I could not log on.  Turns out I was removed from the company domain, and the username/password required to log on was that of the original individual who images the laptop.

IT tells me there is no way to add me back, and my only recourse is to reimage the laptop!

Is there any options?  The harddrive is encryped, however, I have obtained the encryeption key and could access it now from another PC.

Thanks!

A:Can't logon to laptop after removed from company domain

Hi,

I'm not sure about the encryption part but Microsoft provides a set of tools to Volume Licensing clients called  Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT) it includes a tool to change the password for local accounts called LockSmith you need to have Administrator access to be able to rejoin the domain.

My understanding is that changing the password for a user this way will break the encryption (make documents unreadable) but it can be restored by using a backup of the encryption key for that user.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531409/cant-logon-to-laptop-after-removed-from-company-domain/
Relevancy 42.14%

Okay, recently I got some pretty bad malware on my laptop and I gave it to a guy to fix. He reinstalled windows and gave it back to me and I thought everything was working fine until today when I noticed Windows update was not on my system. I have had someone from the microsoft team working on my laptop for the past 2 hours and then they told me they could fix it but they would need to charge me ?95. Which I dont have for the sake of windows updates. Has anyone had this issue before? Its totally wiped from my system, I know now it is possible to fix as microsoft said they could do it but I'd like to save myself ?95 and do it myself. If anyone knows how please help!

A:Windows update has been removed from my laptop by malware, How to fix?

Windows Repair (All In One)
run at least option 1,3,4,26,27 reboot and test
If still not working... do option 17 reboot and test

Post results

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348085-windows-update-has-been-removed-my-laptop-malware-how-fix.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I was wondering if laptop, slow removed. virus Help after EXTREMLEY you guys might be able to help My pc was going so slowly so I decided to run a virus scan I scanned with Norton anti-virus found nothing Help EXTREMLEY slow laptop, after virus removed. Superantispyware found nothing Help EXTREMLEY slow laptop, after virus removed. and malwarebytes which Help EXTREMLEY slow laptop, after virus removed. found a and removed a virus after removing it it asked me to restart my computer so I did Now when it loads up it shows a black screen for around secs then loads my files background ect EVERYTHING is so slow still I checked task manager to see if any exe programs were running and there are some I have never seen before wich makes me believe I still have something on my copmuter I d be so so so greatfull if somone could help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe quot starttray O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot run... Read more

A:Help EXTREMLEY slow laptop, after virus removed.

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-extremley-slow-laptop-after-virus-removed.860286/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello All!

So here is my issue:

I got a laptop that had been dropped and want to recover data from the disk. It looks like it was dropped hard on the corner that holds the HDD (assumed from dent in corner.) I purchased a converter to hook the HDD up via USB (using Coolmax Combo Converter.) I have used it before to gather information from other HDDs but this time no go, all I hear is a faint whirling, clicking sound. I tried using diskmgmt.msc and windows explorer and it wasn't detected.

Is it a new paper weight? Or is it possible to gain access/test through another method?