Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 update error 80070490. 6 updates failing

Q: Windows 7 update error 80070490. 6 updates failing

Hello! I'm having a pretty hard time with a computer. There are six updates which are failing -

Each time I receive error code 80070490. So far I've tried sfc /scannow, tweaking, clean boot, renaming softwaredistribution folder and installing each update manually. Sometimes while installing manually it'll install for almost an hour then fail. I'm desperate here I'd really appreciate some help! Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385619-windows-7-update-error-80070490-6-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 update error 80070490. 6 updates failing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 105.78%

I m keep error, failing 80070490 Updates running Windows Vista Home Premium bit on 80070490 error, Updates keep failing an Acer laptop The problem constantly causes updates in particular to fail KB amp KB with the error code From what I ve read I must have a corrupt CBS manifest and I need to run a Repair Install with the original Vista CD DVD but I don t have it My D drive is almost completely empty gb used so I don t think the recovery partition is there I can t be sure Steps I ve taken so far include System Restore Windows System Update Readiness Tool the log reported no errors and using an ISO of the Vista quot Repair quot CD to preform a Startup Repair during which I received this message quot Startup repair could not detect a problem If you have recently attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you continue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance quot I also ran the hardware check on the recovery CD which found no errors I m not the original owner of the laptop Is there anything short of replacing the original OS disk or buying a new one that can be done to fix this issue Would WAIK be helpful Any help is appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402288/80070490-error-updates-keep-failing/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi I have six updates from February that I cannot 8024200D and Windows with 80070490 800B0100, Updates failing get to install and I Windows Updates failing with 800B0100, 8024200D and 80070490 would like some help please as I haven't been able to resolve the problems after Windows Updates failing with 800B0100, 8024200D and 80070490 a few days of trying I have run the SURT and SFC scannow as per the instructions and attached them as files to this post along with the list of fixes that are failing and the screenprint of the errors message from the Windows Update screen after it attempts to install them A fix that came through the other day was applied successfully however for these six I still haven't been able to get them to apply either individually or manually There was also un optional update for IE that was failing however I removed IE as I don't use it much A message from the SFC in the CMD window was Quote Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them I hope someone is able to help me out or point me in the right direction Regards Terry

A:Windows Updates failing with 800B0100, 8024200D and 80070490

I need the CheckSUR scan results, please.

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365389-windows-updates-failing-800b0100-8024200d-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Windows Update error code appeared on September and message quot Windows can't check for updates quot I use Windows Vista Home basic bit Service Pack I tried almost all suggestions in Internet including these on Microsoft Web-page about this how to fix this message Windows Update 80070490 and can't for code updates" "Windows error check problem including Microsoft Fix It System Update Readiness Tool Windows Update Diagnostics DIAGCAB file and etc but the message Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates" continue to appear The last successful update was on All updates made before and on September are written as quot successful Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates" quot in quot Update history quot folder but when I open quot Installed Updates quot folder I don't see nothing and there is written quot No updates are installed on this computer quot which is strange because by this moment Windows Update was made automatically without any problems Please help me to fix the problem with this error code ps On of September I reinstalled Windows Update Software from Microsoft Web Page Microsoft Update and the notification message quot Windows can't check for updates quot from my taskbar dissapeared and never appeared again so i thought the problem is solved but yesterday evening October when i opened Widnows Update in my Control Panel and pressed quot Check for updates quot it started to seek for updates but after some time again showed me the same error code and the same message quot Windows could not search for new updates quot So it seems Windows still doesn't update no matter that i don't receive the error message on my taskbar anymore I asked for help also on Microsoft Community forum but didn't receive help Now I am really out of ideas what to do Today I used again the System Update Readiness Tool and the CheckSur file showed this Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e x failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e x failed to get Visibility Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS Registry Error Total count ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So it seems these registry errors are the reason why my pc can't check for updates Does anybody know how to fix these errors

A:Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates"

Have you run a full scan with Malwarebytes and your anti-virus to make sure that's not an issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/301403-windows-update-error-code-80070490-message-windows-cant-check-updates.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I install Windows error update any updates Failing to 800706BA just did a Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates fresh install on a new SSD for my laptop I am getting above error I reinstalled again and got the same I ran check disk already And I started SURT hours ago but it is stuck on Initializing installatipn help please let me know if you need anymore info Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -GB - RTG-GW Windows Product Key Hash ArJ lDfGuse pNGJIavBAOoniJQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID D A FAE-E - - B - B ABE CE Is Admin Yes TestCab x Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser c Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D A FAE-E - - B - B ABE CE lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -GW lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt ASUSTeK Computer Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt N SM lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt N SM lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ASUS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt Notebook lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA SLP channel Activation ID e a a-f f - -b bd-ba e a d f Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key GW Licen... Read more

A:Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347696-windows-update-error-800706ba-failing-install-any-updates.html
Relevancy 89.44%

So here goes my story After - years of use I decided to format and to do a clean install of Windows Home Premium through an USB install All goes well and the first thing I do is updating by using Windows update All updates succeed and I install all other programs needed for personal use But along the way my pc kept freezing especially during big downloads through Steam watching Flash Player videos in my browser or some trivial other things so I decided to restart my pc Blue screen appeared and I started everything over Format gt Clean install gt updates Failing Windows 800706F7) update Code updates in (Error: But now the updates didn't work as before and get stuck around - of them failing The error code been given every time Failing updates in Windows update (Error: Code 800706F7) is quot Code F quot I've done several things recommended on this forum and here are the results Ran the SURT tool and it installed Hotfix for Windows KB Ran a SFC scan Used the Fix It tool from MS to no avail Tried some other things I can't remember proposed on other forums but reverted with a system recovery point when they didn't work

A:Failing updates in Windows update (Error: Code 800706F7)

The CheckSUR log is incomplete - and there are no apparent problems in the CBS log or SFC scan.

Please upload the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file to a replay, and run the CheckSUR tool again - post the CheckSUR.log and CheckSURPersist.log files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355054-failing-updates-windows-update-error-code-800706f7.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have tried everything that I Windows Search Updates ? 80070490 Can?t Error for can think of to do for this issue including attempting to do a Upgrade Repair Install which failed Windows Can?t Search for Updates ? Error 80070490 because I have a Dell OEM Vista DVD that does not have SP on it but my computer does and so for some reason that option has been disabled I have contacted Dell and requested another SP Vista disk so that I might be able to perform a Upgrade Repair Install at that time but they still have not replied I have not yet tried clean installing yet I will explain shortly I am just wondering if anyone knows of a simple fix for this issue that can be done by tinkering around with the registry values for the Updates or something else that will NOT require me to completely wipe my system out I have already tried steps two and three here but they have also failed In addition to that I have also attempted to reinstall Windows Installer x and that also failed returning a Windows Update Agent Installer Fatal Error Windows Update Agent Installer encountered unrecoverable error So if there really is no simple fix for this I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not performing a clean install of the non-SP Vista will solve this issue once and for all or not Considering the fact that it might very well have been updating to SP that caused this issue in the first place because I had absolutely no issues with anything until after I had performed that major update and then everything gradually just went to hell from there I really don t want to spend twelve or more hours wiping the system reinstalling Vista and Drivers updating to SP and other updates if I even can at that point and then all of my personal data just to find out that it was for nothing and that the issue will still persist after having installed SP again Any further information or references to fixes for this issue is greatly appreciated

A:Windows Canít Search for Updates Ė Error 80070490

I contacted Dell via their chat thing, and they basically told me I have to wipe my system out and Reinstall the OS. I told them I would much rather be given a new disk with SP1 on it for my system so that I can just do the Repair Install to fix this issue now, and any other future issues that arise so that I would not have to hassle with reinstalling everything, and they persisted that I would just have to do it their way or no way at all.

I tried telling them that installing SP1 on top of their version of the OS is what caused the corruption of the Update feature in the first place and that their method of me trying to fix this issue likely would not solve the problem in the long haul, since reinstalling SP1 would likely result in the same way, and yet they still persisted with that method and refuse to send me what I need to solve the issue once and for all.

I am very dissatisfied with this service, we paid $400 extra dollars for their premier help and support, and this is what we get for it? Screw Dell! I will NEVER buy another system from them again. Ever.
EDIT: I tried running a sfc /scannow in command prompt and after it had run, it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to repair some of them". I tried the following command findstr /C:"[SR] Cannot repair member file" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt and it did nothing. I then tried opening up the log manually in C drive to determine which files exactly were corrupted, but returned an "Access Denied" message? ANY help at all here would be appreciated also. If I can manually replace/repair said files, I might just be able to get this error behind me once and for all!

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/211598-windows-can-t-search-updates-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

hi!

It's my first post here. my windows cannot be updated, i think since last month. I have run SFC but it says that "did not find any integral violation", and I've also run the System Update Readiness Tool but still nothing worked.
I have an HP laptop with window 7 Home premium sp1 32bit OS. I'm not so good in computer thing.
I attached the cbs.zip file and the screen shot of the windows Update Error Codes as instructed here. I'm not so good in computer thing. and not speaking English fluently but i would really try my best to express what i really want to say. I hope I posted this correctly and any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384400-windows-could-not-search-new-updates-error-code-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

The following three updates fail with the same error code (80070490):
KB3031432
KB3004375
KB3004394

I already used SURT and SFC Scan, but didn't any errors and didn't fix the issue. Sorry I had to split the CBS logs due to the 8 Mbyte limit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:3 Windows Updates Fail with error code 80070490

- you didn't post the CheckSUR log?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362686-3-windows-updates-fail-error-code-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have 8 important & 4 optional Windows which I cannot install. I have tried everything people have suggested to no avail. The code Numbers are: Important KB2871997, 3004375, 3033929, 3057154, 3060716, 3061518, 3068708, 3071756. Optional KB2574819, 2592687, 2830477, 3080149. KB2592687 was installed, but it kept trying to install so I uninstalled it.
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

A:Unable to install 11 Windows Updates because of error Code 80070490.

Hello Asanberger1960,

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data.

Thanks,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379184-unable-install-11-windows-updates-because-error-code-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello, I was referred here from another forum topic.... Please follow this thread to review all my posthttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257239/possible-memory-modules-infected/I can't get Windows to updating.... Error Code 80070490 with 11 failed updatesThank you for everyones help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265454/windows-not-updating-error-code-80070490-with-11-failed-updates/
Relevancy 82.56%

OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Business Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU email protected x Family Model Stepping Processor count cannot Manifest Windows error: file for search CBS 80070490;corrupt Updates; Ram MB Graphics Card Intel Windows cannot search for Updates; error: 80070490;corrupt CBS Manifest file R G G Express Chipset Family MB Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc OKP Antivirus Norton Updated amp Enabled Computer Dell Otiplex x -based PC Bios Version Dell A SIMBIOS Version In addition to not searching The History of all updates is gone Cannot find any where on the computer There are no hidden updates to be found NEVER checked for Updates NEVER installed updates Error code leads me to a list of items Item is speciffically error code and it tells me my CBS Manifest file is corrupt Have had this computer since Sept Was having trouble with one of Windows Updates in Aug -Oct not being successfuly updated After that things have been getting progressively worse Have tried several solutions Norton Has always benn enabled amp kept Updated Have tried Regservo Program amp their support to no avail amp have cancelled them System Update Readiness Tool gets me to step amp UPGRADE option has been DISABLED The other option will destroy my Programs Email amp Settings which I am trying to avoid I have been deleting Browsing Hist Windows Cache Hist amp Office amp Multimedia Histories using Parotologic Privacy Prog It is fast But I doubt worth the cost to continue with it another year IS there a solution to my problem that will not destroy the Programs Account Settings amp E-mail Contacts nbsp

A:Windows cannot search for Updates; error: 80070490;corrupt CBS Manifest file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-search-for-updates-error-80070490-corrupt-cbs-manifest-file.1090467/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey guys I was hoping you could help me with an error I'm getting when trying to update Windows Vista It always says update failed and gives me the error I tried whatever solutions I found online and so far none worked I've tried the System Update Readiness tool renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder the Microsoft Fixit tool and I did the manual fixing process as shown here How do I reset Windows Update components An upgrade repair install also didn't work as for some reason whenever going through the process loading up the cd and clicking to install I never get the option for an upgrade it just goes ahead and starts to install over my current Vista installation I read 80070490 Windows Error Update uninstalling a service pack might help I have both installed but they just don't even show up in the list where they should for uninstallation I tried other Vista disks all for Home Premium x like my computer and nothing worked Any other ideas I really hope someone can help me out here thanks in advance

A:Windows Update Error 80070490

Fix Microsoft Windows Update Issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-80070490-a-702414.html
Relevancy 82.13%

for the 2nd time, i am having problems with windows updates. i am receiving windows update error 80070490. this pc was given to me for free and it has windows 6.0. I do not want to invest the $ for windows 7 on this pc. is there a safe way i can fix this error given the above info. I have a windows vista home premium 64 bit system with service pack 2. everything including my security settings seem to be going haywire since i've tried to install the updates. i am an avid pc user and am learning my way around this pc which i really love

A:windows update error 80070490

Welcome
It should, hopefully, be an easy problem to fix.
Windows Update error 80070490

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296142-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Windows Update has a problem on my machine. Most of the updates get installed with no problem. However now and then (more then than now) one or more of them won't install. I have a couple from last year that are still sitting there. Today I ran the rediness tool a couple of times with no change. I've played with this for days now, I better stop before I fubar the whole thing up. I'm hoping one of you techies can help me figure this out.
Error code is 80070490 (of course that's an unknown error)
Log folder attached
Tnx,
Dusty

A:Windows Update Error 80070490?

Dusty take a loo at this Windows Update error 80070490 - Microsoft Windows Help let us know if it is of any help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330365-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello My PC is 80070490 Error Windows Update an Windows Update Error 80070490 HP Pavillion dv notebook with Vista Home Premium -bit SP In trying to upgrade to SP and failing I realized that my Windows Update was not updating anymore neither automatically nor manually After some patching and restarting some files have successfully downloaded while others are still not For each one of these files that don't download I get the error The same error is given when I tried to update my PC to SP with a manual download from the Microsoft site I suspect that this error is due to corruption from some malware that I got rid of many months ago Most forums said the easiest solution is to repair Windows or do a system restore but Windows was pre-loaded on my comp Windows Update Error 80070490 and I don't have the CD so that is not an option and I do not have a restore point prior to the corruption I have tried stopping and restarting Windows Update to no avail I've also performed the System Update Readiness Scan but it did not fix all of the errors The checkSUR log of my errors is given in the post immediately below this one Can anyone help with this It seems that as I browse the forums that this error is tough to get rid of and each case has its own separate solution

Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.0.6002.22574
Package Version 12.0
2011-06-24 02:07

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_13_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_13_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_1_for_KB976325~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~8.0.1.1 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_1_for_KB976325~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~8.0.1.1 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_209_for_KB970430~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.6 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_209_for_KB970430~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.6 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_211_for_KB970430~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.6 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_211_for_KB970430~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.6 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_3_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_3_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_6_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_6_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_7_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_7_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_8_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_8_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get Visibility

Summary:
Seconds executed: 5477
Found 837 errors
Fixed 821 errors
CBS Registry Error Total count: 16
CSI Store Directory Missing Total count: 821
Fixed: CSI Store Directory Missing. Total count: 821
(w) Unable to read Event Log 0x00000017 System

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/290895-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My OS is Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit. Windows Update hasn't been able to search for updates for a while and gives error code 80070490. I have run System Update Readiness Tool, SFC, and SFCFix and used the log file info to fix some errors, but not all. CheckSUR log shows 25 CBS Registry Errors and one last unavailable repair .manifest file that I haven't been able to find. Any help would truly be appreciated!

Log files:

CheckSUR.log   4.83KB
  3 downloads

sfcdetails.txt   51.63KB
  2 downloads

SFCFix.txt   3.55KB
  2 downloads

WindowsUpdate.txt   192.62KB
  1 downloads

You've already provided all the information I would usually request, but I'm not familiar with this type of corruption.
Hopefully another helper has seen this before.

Have you made sure your hard disk isn't failing?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574988/windows-update-error-80070490/
Relevancy 82.13%

My OS is Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit. Windows Update hasn't been able to search for updates for a while and gives error code 80070490. I have run System Update Readiness Tool, SFC, and SFCFix and used the log file info to fix some errors, but not all. CheckSUR log shows 25 CBS Registry Errors and one last unavailable repair .manifest file that I haven't been able to find. Any help would truly be appreciated!

Log files:
CheckSUR.log
sfcdetails.txt
SFCFix.txt
WindowsUpdate.txt

I found a SP2 slipstreamed reinstall ISO here and was finally able to do an upgrade reinstall, which replaces your system files while keeping your programs and personal files. This fixed the corruptions that were preventing me from searching for and installing updates. I had about 220 updates to install after this, and installed about 10 at a time. They all installed except IE9 with error 9C41, which I fixed by uninstalling firefox, setting IE as the default browser, and then reinstalling firefox. Updates are all installed now and windows update is working normally!

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303743-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have had two Windows 7 Security updates fail (KB3004375 & KB3031432) and both have said error 80070490. I have run Mr Fixit and other things suggested by your site as well as sfc scan (Ihope I have these names correct).
All of this lead me to try downloading the Offficial Windows 7 SP1 ISO download, but two days prior to this Digital River was closed down for the OEM version of Windows 7 Great.
I don't want to do a clean re-install at this point as my computer is running well - there doesn't appear to be any problems anyway.
I have attached the results from the sfc scan and I would really appreciate it if someone could check this report for me and let me know if I have any huge problems and that I must do a clean install. I do have the Windows 7 Disc but it it not a retail version.
Thank you for any help you can give me

Quote:
Digital River was closed down for the OEM version of Windows 7

But was the Retail version [which you need] still available?

I have both updates installed on 2/11/2015.

Re your System Specs, is Avast Premier really an Internet Browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/363022-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey guys!! For the past few months, my computer has been unable to update. I keep getting code 80070490. I followed what was on the microsoft site and even googled some ways to fix it, but nothing is working for me. Can anyone please help? Thank you. I would really appreciate it. I have Windows 7. I even did the sfc scannow and it said it fixed corrupted files, but I still got the error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-80070490.1126643/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello

Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2

Been getting this error when I update windows, tried many fixes to no avail including

Windows6.0-KB947821-v33-x86.exe
MicrosoftFixit.wu.LB.383193783898689.1.1.Run.exe
sfc /scannow
I have included the CBS zip file as requested by the instructions on the windows updating posting page

Any help would be great I'm a bit stuck with this one,

Regards
Michael

Here's the errors from your CheckSUR report

Code:
Checking Packages
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_1_for_KB2930275~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_1_for_KB2930275~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275_client_2~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275_client_2~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get Visibility
SFC doesn't appear to have found any problems - but there are a number of serious errors in the background CBS log, which may relate to the registry problems above.

I'll have a closer look later and get back to you with something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/327010-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi

Sorry for possible dupilication but I'm new to these posts.

My partners daughter's computer will not update via windows with the above error message. I have cleaned the computer to remove alot of malware / spyware etc but that failed to work. According to the history - KB2792100, KB976932 & service pack 1 will not update for over a year.

The windowsupdatelog is attached & would appeciate any words of wisdom.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Relevancy 82.13%

Through Control Panel - Error Update Windows 80070490 Windows Update I've tried the Windows Update with Windows Ultimate Extras I get an error quot Windows could not search for new updates quot Error s found Code Underneath it says Most recent check for updates Never Updates were installed Never You have windows set to Automatically install new updates every day at AM You receive updates Windows Update Error 80070490 For Windows and other products from Microsoft Update I've had this problem for a while Tried searching Google to fix the problem tried a few things no help Called Lenovo they directed me to this forum Says I have no installed updates at this point I know that's not true Running Windows Vista Ultimate bit and am on SP I'm open to trying just about anything but will need specific directions as to how to solve the problem Thank you AM Update - In another thread I saw I should run sfc scannow in administrator mode and I did Said it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them It created a CBS log file too big to copy here However trying the Windows Update feature it still did not work and has the same error code

1.Have you tried this->Krunk4Ever! ? Blog Archive ? Windows Update Error: 80070490
2.If point 1 fails try standart procedure->http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

It created a CBS.log file too big to copy here

If nothing help upload this file on http://speedyshare.com

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/187561-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have received the error in Windows Update I m unsure on what to do I have tried using my Vista Ultimate disc s upgrade Windows update error : 80070490 but it is Windows update error : 80070490 disabled This is an upgrade disc not a full installation disc I am running Windows Vista -bit with SP on a HP Pavilion dv laptop I use Panda Cloud free anti virus Outpost s free firewall and Ad Aware My Hijack this log is Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files x Wakoopa Wakoopa exe C Program Files x Stardock Impulse Now ImpulseNow exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media TSMAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files SolidWorks Installation Manager Scheduler sldIMScheduler exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media TV TVAgent exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUNMain exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch... Read more

A:Windows update error : 80070490

Windows Update Error: 80070490

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-80070490.880613/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi there

We have an error every time we did the Windows Update for Windows 7 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932).

We have the posting instruction as follow:

1. We did the SURT and complete.
2. We also did "sfc /scannow" and no found any errors
3. Error Code: 80070490 - Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
4. Try to attached the zip file for Windows Logs\CBS - it has 24MB after compression. We can split the file BUT it won't allow to submit due to it has something like CBS.zip.01.

So we've uploaded into our Dropbox public site - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Forums/CBS.zip

I'm appreciated your help.

A:Error 80070490 when doing Windows Update

Hello D have you tried this yet? Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [May 2013] from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/296280-error-80070490-when-doing-windows-update.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me here please.

I've got this error coming up on Windows Update. 80070490. I have tried the Readiness Tool suggested on the Microsoft site but it has not fixed the error. I cannot re-install Windows since the laptop didn't come with a disk (OS pre-installed - hate that.)

Please help me.

A:Windows update error 80070490

Oh, and having read some other related threads, you might find it helpful to know that I have SP2 installed ok.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296381-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have problem to windows update 80070490, to this KB, 2769369 - 2778344, 2647753. I has tried very methods but unsuccessful.
Any help?
Any program or ti to fix it?

Thank

Nikos Tsaptsalis

A:Windows update Error 80070490

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/279312-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi First post here I work with seniors helping them with computer issues and this one is on an HP Desktop WIndows Home Premium bit I only help him about once a week so any suggestions may not be attempted for a few Windows Error Update 80070490 days Windows Update gives error when trying to install kb and kb I have run the System Update Readiness Tool and the SFC and tried to repair it by doing an quot upgrade quot with a Windows install disc per Microsoft's instructions Nothing worked and the install disc I used to repair it was not one that came with his computer and I got a message stating the running system was newer than the disc system That may be but the steps did not mention that could happen so I don't know what to do Windows Update Error 80070490 about it I haven't done it in a while but maybe I could slipstream an install disc to make it newer than his running system I attached the cbs zip file It listed many corrupt files but I don't know which ones apply to windows update I did some research on Microsoft's DISM but evidently it won't replace corrupt files in a running Windows system only in Windows I'm wondering if I made a system image of his computer Windows Update Error 80070490 if DISM would be able to manipulate the image to replace Windows Update Error 80070490 the bad files then I could restore the image Before tackling the windows update error I had loaded Norton and used Norton Power Eraser didn't work and then the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool NBRT to remove a bug called quot Trade Terminal by Global Trader quot It now appears to be a clean system Correct me if I'm wrong but an HP restore to factory gives no options to repair a system I hope I posted this correctly and any help would be appreciated

Here's the error list from the SFC log...

Code:
Line 5235: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000661 [SR] Repairing 36 (0x0000000000000024) components
Line 5236: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000662 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 5239: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000664 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:16{8}]"qdvd.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-DirectShow-DVDSupport, Version = 6.1.7601.17835, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5242: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000666 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"netio.sys" of Microsoft-Windows-netio-infrastructure, Version = 6.1.7601.18327, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5245: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000668 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"qedit.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Qedit, Version = 6.1.7601.18386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5248: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 0000066a [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"msdrm.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Rights-Management-Client-v1-API, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5251: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 0000066c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:26{13}]"msdrm.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Rights-Management-Client-v1-API.Resources, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5254: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 0000066e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:44{22}]"RMActivate_ssp_isv.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-Security-Processor-Native-ServerBox-ISV, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5257: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000670 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:38{19}]"secproc_ssp_isv.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Security-Processor-Native-ServerBox-ISV, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5260: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000672 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:30{15}]"secproc_isv.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Security-Processor-Native-Whitebox-ISV, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5263: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000674 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"RMActivate_isv.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-Security-Processor-Native-Whitebox-ISV, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad36... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337144-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have been working on a computer that had a virus on it that I finaly got rid of thanks to spybot combofix and super antispyware. but now I try to check for windows updates and it comes up with the 80070490 error I have tride some things that I have read on the forums but to no avail. can someone tell me how to post the log file and figure out what went rong?

Thanks!
Bootloops

Welcome
I think this is what you need to fix your problem

The avove per MS should fix your problem, if not try these additional solutions

How do I reset Windows Update components?
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
Cannot Update Windows using Windows Update

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/290475-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Greetings

I have tried fixing this on my own for a while but I have run out of easy options. My HP Pavilion G6 laptop keeps failing to install some updates and gives the error code 80070490. The laptop was pre-installed with Windows 7 and is out of warranty so I do not have a disk to do a repair install. Some other updates have been successful but the important ones always fail. I tried to attach the CBS zip file but it is too large. I put it in a dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi2ffkyovvjzfvv/CBS.zip?dl=0

If I need to do something different please let me know.

You now hold the record for the largest CBS.log file I've ever seen! 4.2GB is one heck of a filesize - and it looks as if it was too big for the makecab compression to handle.

The current one is 'only' 680MB... - and still too big for my editor to handle.
I was able to extract the SFC data, and the only errors present are those to be expected from the MS coding errors in two updates - they don't affect anything else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379205-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

i have a Compaq 32 bit system with 1.00gb of ram and windows vista and for the last few months i have had an error code when i try to run windows update. the same 8 updates fail every time with an error code 80070490. newer updates install fine but not these 8.:
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Vista (KB2482017)
Platform Update Supplement for Windows Vista (KB2117917)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2393802)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2479628)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2483185)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2485376)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2556532)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2633171)
Update for Windows Vista (KB971029)
all fail every time
any help would be appreciated

have you tried downloading them one by one?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/294239-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I am helping out a neighbour who has a laptop emachine model E running Vista Home Basic with SP Unfortunately the anti-virus software ran out several months ago and the machine became infected with malware I suspect that this may be the cause of the current issue regarding Windows could not search for new updates and the error code It is not possible to restore to 80070490 update Windows error an earlier point in time they seem to be missing all previous updates are also missing I have installed AVG anti-virus software scanned the laptop and used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Superantispyware and Spybot to remove all viruses and rebooted several times I have followed the instructions on Microsoft article http support microsoft com kb Method and also Mr Fixit I cannot use method as Windows update error 80070490 there is no repair CD DVD I have searched various forums including the ones here and am running out of ideas I would be grateful for any suggestions If you need to know any more technical details please let me know Many thanks Chris nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

I didn't see any posts about this, so I hope I am not double posting.

After removing a drive load of viruses, I am still not able to update Windows Vista to Service Pack 1. I have even tried to create a new admin user account in hopes that this would work, but no go. I tried running sfc.exe / scannow from the CMD and it did report that it was unable to repair wextract.exe. Also, the file reportingevents.txt located in %system root%\windows\softwaredistribution\reportingevents.txt lists "Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80070490".
Although, I think Windows Defender can update. I need to take a break.

Acer Extensa 4620-4605
Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219545/windows-update-will-not-update-error-code-80070490/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all me too I need help about this error that comes both with window update and 80070490 error fails Re: Windows update even when I try to run the SP standalone executable I have already tried the microsoft quot fixit quot tool with no success and tried the system update readiness - times after many reboot I've tryed to stop the update service from services msc and renaming the softwaredistribution directory but the error was not solved Also tried the sfc scannow but the error still remain The notebook Re: Windows update fails error 80070490 is a HP dv with vista home premium bit I can't perform the install repair from the vista dvd because the recovery dvd provided from HP doesn't show the win vista menu but the HP menu and I can only do a Re: Windows update fails error 80070490 restore to factory setting with the initial image of the system I attach the last checksur log I hope that someone has some suggestion for me too No problem for me to edit the registry or perform other difficult actions on the system Thanks in advance

A:Re: Windows update fails error 80070490

Hello fabryd and welcome to the forums

I had this post moved so the other thread doesn't get confusing with me answering the two of you

Just a bit of information, the CheckSUR.persist.log contains the logs from every time that the SURT is run, sorted in chronological order. This is the one I usually ask for because it contains all the information I need. In future, you don't need to post the CheckSUR.log as well because the information is also found in the other log.

The offending entries in your log are these:

Code:
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.0.6002.22574
Package Version 15.0
2012-06-17 22:07
Checking Packages
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Microsoft-Windows-PowerShell-WTR-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~it-IT~7.0.6002.18181 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_3_for_KB2423089~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.0 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_3_for_KB2423089~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.0 failed to get Visibility

Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 TRAPI.dll x86_microsoft-windows-trapi_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_5853e0fc96f5e8a0
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 arrow_rl.cur x86_microsoft-windows-shell-acccursors_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_e23ac1837f67ac39
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 ieui.dll x86_microsoft-windows-ieframe_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.22212_none_6709b392c4694172

Summary:
Seconds executed: 3933
Found 6 errors
CSI Payload File Missing Total count: 3
CBS Registry Error Total count: 3
(w) Unable to read Event Log 0x00000017 System
I'm going to have to get back to you on this tomorrow, I have my final chemistry A-level exam tomorrow and I've really got to revise now. I just wanted to post quickly to let you know you haven't been forgotten

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296731-re-windows-update-fails-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello every one,
I have been pointed here by vista64x forum they said that you guys are the professional.

Issue:
Windows Update failure 80070490 (Windows encountered an unknown error) (as attached)
Attached also is the CBS.zip of my PC.

Thanks and much appreciated,

A:Error 80070490 Windows Update Failure

You appear to have a severe problem.

The summary from your CheckSUR report reads

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 1590
Found 3623 errors
CBS Registry Error Total count: 1
CBS Watchlist Package Missing Total count: 3582
CBS Watchlist Component Missing Total count: 40
Customer Experience report successfully uploaded. Thank you for participating. For more information, see the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program on the Microsoft web site.
The problem appears to be in the registry - so the easiest fix is going to be a System Restore back to before the problem started, since the number of errors makes manual repair unlikely.

Do you know when the problem started?
When was the last Windows Update installed? - ignore MSE or Windows Defender updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/282801-error-80070490-windows-update-failure.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I am running Windows Professional Service Pack and my Windows Update has quit working I get the error code I have tried Windows -KB -v -x Update Readiness Tool MicrosoftFixit MicrosoftFixit wu LB Run MicrosoftFixit and but none of them worked I ran the Control Panel troubleshooting tool for Windows Update and it said quot Updates ran successfully quot and told me to run Windows Update again I did and still got the error code I have backups that I have tried One is from March code Error Windows Update 80070490 th and the other is April th of this year I restored the April backup first and Windows Update didn't work with it either Windows Update Error code 80070490 so I started over and restored the March th backup Windows Update worked for a little while but then the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool tried to update and it took it a long time and Windows Update hasn't worked since I ran a test this morning and it told me that I had missing files and registry entries for Windows Update but I don't remember which test it was because I've ran so many I can't to a Windows installation repair because I have a retail version and it states that the version I am using is newer than the version I want to install I can't uninstall Windows Service Pack because it came as a package with Windows and already installed with my system I have also uninstalled the updates that were installed after the March th backup but that did not help either I hate the thoughts of having to format and start over with over updates PLUS reinstall everything I have tried uploading the CBS zip file times and different browsers time out each time and stop Can someone help me with this

A:Windows Update Error code 80070490

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/370000-windows-update-error-code-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this windows update problem. The pop up message said it was an error code of 80070490, but when I cancel that the main windows update window says Error code 490.
Attachment 258617

Please see the attached cbs folder. Thanks

Attachment 258610

A:Windows Update Error Code 490 & 80070490

You have a number of problems in the registry - as far as I can see at present, there are no file problems.

Please copy the file C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS (no file extension) to your desktop, and then compress it.
Then upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (SkyDrive or Dropbox would be fine) and post a link.

Either myself or Tom982 will then pick it up, and see what we can do with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/281710-windows-update-error-code-490-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I'm new to the forum and I am just wondering if I might be able to get any help.

I have a Dell XPS-630I running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

I have recently found an issue with my computer with installing windows updates that I cant fix.

I have tried running the sfc command which I have a copy of the report it has sent me attached to the post hopefully.

I also tried to install and run the System readiness update tool but I am unable to run it or any powershell applications (another error for another time).

also I apologize if I didn't post any information about my problem that could help please just tell me and I will do so.

but if anyone is willing to help I would really appreciate it,

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows update fails error 80070490

Welcome
This information should help you resolve the probroblem
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ls.aspx?id=504

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296505-windows-update-fails-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

hiplease could you advise on how to resolve the followingwindows update error 80070490 (see cap) re kb2904266Windows 7 x64 sp1 home premiumacer 5742z 4gb 500gbie8(not installed ie9,10 or 11 nor bing desktop)SUR tool run no problem
sfc /scannow stops at 12% see cap attached (see attached log)machine appears to run okcomodo av and firewallmalwarebytes anti exploitmalware bytes also ran no nasties found....

thank you in advance

A:sfc will not complete and windows update gives a 80070490 error

Info is here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-update-error-80070490#1TC=windows-7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517267/sfc-will-not-complete-and-windows-update-gives-a-80070490-error/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a HP Pavillion dv laptop with Vista Business bit and cannot perform any updates I get error code I have tried the update readiness tool amp it lists errors Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Windows 80070490 fails error update Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB ie bf ad e x failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB ie bf ad e x failed to get Visibility Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS Registry Error Total count Element not found Error ERROR NOT FOUND x I have tried the windows update Windows update fails error 80070490 reset tool I have read that a repair install with fix this but I have an HP recovery DVD not an oem DVD Windows update fails error 80070490 The only option it gives me is to restore to factory config Please Help Thanks in advance I manually downoaded SP and that fails as well

A:Windows update fails error 80070490

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
Cannot Update Windows using Windows Update

Try these one should get you working, again
You have tried the readiness tool, already.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/288163-windows-update-fails-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My vista laptop will not update. When i try to install updates with windows update i get the error 80070490 (see screenshot). I do not have service pack 1 installed as it wont let me.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-windows-update-error-80070490.801967/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi Need help pls I am having trouble getting my windows to update The windows update keeps failing to install the updates and gives the same error code for all the updates Below some stats i gathered from Hijackthis tool Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT Windows update Vista error 80070490 MSIE Internet Explorer Vista Windows update error 80070490 v CHROME Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System spool drivers x WrtMon exe C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Users Anwar AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Wireless Wizard AutoLaunchWLASU exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files x Cisco Cisco NAC Agent NACAgentUI Vista Windows update error 80070490 exe C Windows System spool drivers x WrtProc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe C Users Anwar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Anwar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Anwar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Anwar Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bbs edu kw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData RealNetworks RealDownloader BrowserPlugins IE rndlbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO MediaBar - ABB B B-AB D- ED - - FD AA F F - C PROGRA IMESHA MediaBar ToolBar iMeshMediaBarDx dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - Toolbar MediaBar - ABB B B-AB D- ED - - FD AA F F - C PROGRA IMESHA MediaBar ToolBar iMeshMediaBarDx dll O - HKLM Run VWLASU quot C Program Files Sony VAIO Wireless Wizard AutoLaunchWLASU exe quot O - HKLM Run ISBMgr exe quot C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AML quot C Program Files x Sony VAIO Launcher AML exe quot InitApp O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files... Read more

A:Vista Windows update error 80070490

HiJackThis doesn't work properly with a 64-bit version of Windows, so both of your logs are inaccurate and incomplete.

They do show enough however to indicate some problems in that computer.

It's infested with malware, spyware, etc..

It has a very bloated startup load.

Several of its programs are very outdated.

------------------------------------------------------------

It appears to be a Sony VAIO(desktop or laptop?).

What model number is it?

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-windows-update-error-80070490.1150761/
Relevancy 81.27%

I tried several fixes and my computer came with windows so I can't reinstall. What can I do? Thanks

Relevancy 81.27%

I am using a Windows 7 ultimate 64 Bit OS. I am unable to update using windows update. Attached the screenshot of the error. I also tried manually downloading the KBs from microsoft and installing it, but it failed as well. Also attached the screenshot of the SFC scan outcome.

A:Windows update error - 8E5E03FB & 80070490

Your SFC scan shows the following errors...

Code:
Line 12577: 2014-04-02 09:45:46, Info CSI 0000033a [SR] Repairing 5 components
Line 12578: 2014-04-02 09:45:46, Info CSI 0000033b [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 12581: 2014-04-02 09:45:46, Info CSI 0000033d [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"kartika.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Kartika, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 12584: 2014-04-02 09:45:46, Info CSI 0000033f [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"kartikab.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Kartika, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 12587: 2014-04-02 09:45:46, Info CSI 00000341 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"kalinga.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Kalinga, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 12590: 2014-04-02 09:45:46, Info CSI 00000343 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"kalingab.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Kalinga, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 12593: 2014-04-02 09:45:46, Info CSI 00000345 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:16{8}]"kaiu.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-DFKaiSB, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 12596: 2014-04-02 09:45:47, Info CSI 00000347 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"kokila.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Kokila, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 12599: 2014-04-02 09:45:47, Info CSI 00000349 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"kokilab.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Kokila, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 12602: 2014-04-02 09:45:47, Info CSI 0000034b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"KhmerUI.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-KhmerUI, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 12605: 2014-04-02 09:45:47, Info CSI 0000034d [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"KhmerUIb.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-KhmerUI, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
I can try and fix those tonight - but more worryin... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/327172-windows-update-error-8e5e03fb-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Windows could not search for new update

Error(s) Found:
Code 80070490 Windows Update encountered an unkown error.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm been trying to sort this out for months, now after i installed Vista sp1 i got no more office 2007, vista etc. except for window defender, the most recent update was in 22/05/2009

i been search through microsoft for missing update but im not sure which one missing.

Vista very glitch, it sad that microsoft rushed it

plzzzzzzzzz help me solve this

A:Windows Update Error code:80070490

Hello Gamer,

To resolve this issue, you must perform a repair installation of Windows Vista. Performing a repair installation will restore the current Windows installation to the version of the installation DVD. This also requires the installation of all updates that are not included on the installation DVD.

Follow these steps:

1. Close all applications, and then restart the computer.
2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
3. In the Setup window, click Install Now.

Note If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:
1. Click Start
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Start button
, and then type Drive:\setup.exe in the Start Search box.

Note The Drive placeholder is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.
2. In the Programs list, click Setup.exe.
3. In the Setup window, click Install Now.
4. Click Go online to obtain the latest updates for installation (recommended).
5. Type the CD key if you are prompted to do this.
6. Click Yes to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
7. On the Which kind of installation do you want? screen, click Upgrade.
8. When the installation is complete, restart your computer, and then try to install the updates.

Read more on this here: You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
Hope this will help you.

Cheers...

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/228478-windows-update-error-code-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I am attaching CheckSUR.persist.log file afte running System Update Readiness Tool.

I am using Windows Visa Home Basic.

Appreciate help.

A:Windows Update Problem: Error code 80070490

Originally Posted by desperado1306

I am attaching CheckSUR.persist.log file afte running System Update Readiness Tool.

I am using Windows Visa Home Basic.

Appreciate help.

You are better off repairing Windows.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/291824-windows-update-problem-error-code-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello, I am trying to get help with my laptop. It will can no longer check for Windows Updates. It states, "Windows couldn't search for new updates."

Windows Vista Home - 32 bit system

Below is my HighJackThis post. Please help!

During the HighJackThis test it stated that my system denied access to the host file and then it could not create a highjack this notepad file.

Relevancy 80.41%

I try to install SP2 and I get some weird error: Code 80070490 ???

A:Vista SP2 Windows Update error: Code 80070490

See this for help Vista SP2 - Some updates fail with error code 80070490

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/280280-vista-sp2-windows-update-error-code-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

hi

please could you advise on how to resolve the following

windows update error 80070490 (see cap)
kb2904266

w7 x64 sp1 home premium
acer 5742z 4gb 500gb
ie8
(not installed ie9,10 or 11 nor bing desktop)

SUR tool run
sfc /scannow stops at 12% see cap attached (see attached log)

machine appears to run ok
comodo av and firewall
malwarebytes anti exploit

malware bytes also ran no nasties found....

Thanks
jeremy

A:Failed Windows Update, error 80070490 re kb2904266

check out this link that hopefully may help ya out: December 2013 cumulative time zone update for Windows operating systems

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/314823-failed-windows-update-error-80070490-re-kb2904266.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi there,

Can anyone help me with this issue! I've tried everything under the sun to fix this problem so I'm hoping you's more in the know than myself can help!!??

A:Windows Vista update error code 80070490

Hi

This Vista update problem seems to be known to Microsoft:

+If you receive Windows Update error 80070490, it means that a file (CBS Manifest) that's needed to install updates is corrupt. To correct this problem, you'll need to repair Windows. Repairing Windows won't damage your personal files or the programs that are installed on your computer.+

Here more details how to fix this issue:

[Windows Update error 80070490|http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/windows-update-error-80070490]

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?74410-Windows-Vista-update-error-code-80070490
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello I am attempting to install a Windows Update for Service Pack and cannot do so I'm running Windows Ultimate x bit and need the Service Pack to run a couple programs I cannot run without it - namely Dolphinx netplay That being beside the Error installing Windows while 80070490 error Update, point I have attempted to run the ISO file downloaded from the Microsoft website and have attempted using the online Windows Update in my system I also tried manually upgrading my Windows using a x Windows ISO install file and selecting quot upgrade quot but it didn't let me because I quot can't upgrade a -bit system to a -bit system quot and quot can't upgrade a -bit system to a -bit system quot I got both of these errors at the same time - so that's a dunce I also used the System Update Readiness Tool found at Fix Windows corruption Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490 errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool and it didn't work either As stated in the title the error code is Attached is the CBS zip file asked for in the instructions for posting I couldn't copy the CBS log file -- and all the times I attempted to take ownership didn't work If required I will try again to get it For the time being I used an elevated command prompt to open the CBS log via notepad with a notepad command and copied all contents into a Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490 notepad and included that with my rar I also ran sfc scannow before uploading this all so that has been done as well Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance I'm Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490 going to be checking on this thread a lot throughout the night until about - A M PST hours or so So feel free to respond and check back often I'll be responding a lot

A:Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490

SFC managed to do some significant repairs ...

Code:
Line 20851: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000470 [SR] Repairing 12 (0x000000000000000c) components
Line 20852: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000471 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 20855: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000473 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Networking-Internet_Authentication_Service_Iassdo.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 20858: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000475 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"user32.dll" from store
Line 20859: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000476 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:18{9}]"slmgr.vbs" from store
Line 20860: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000477 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:18{9}]"slmgr.vbs" from store
Line 20863: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000479 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"uxtheme.dll" from store
Line 20866: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 0000047b [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:20{10}]"user32.dll" from store
Line 20869: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 0000047d [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:34{17}]"ExplorerFrame.dll" from store
Line 20872: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 0000047f [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:18{9}]"slwga.dll" from store
Line 20875: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000481 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"themeui.dll" from store
Line 20878: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000483 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:18{9}]"slwga.dll" from store
Line 20881: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000485 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:26{13}]"systemcpl.dll" from store
Line 20884: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000487 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:32{16}]"themeservice.dll" from store
Line 20887: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000489 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Networking-Internet_Authentication_Service_Iassdo.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 20888: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 0000048a [SR] This component was referenced by [l:266{133}]"Microsoft-Windows-WindowsFoundation-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.1.7600.16385.Windows Foundation Language Pack"
Line 20893: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 0000048d [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:60{30},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US"\[l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui"; source file in store is also corru... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351867-error-while-installing-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello I am working on fixing someones computer after multiple viruses infected it I keep getting this error after trying to install these windows updates I have tried multiple solutions to fix this problem I have tried installing them manually resetting all windows update settings in one easy click using the System Update Readiness Tool and sfc scannow I also looked around the registry and found references to the kb's but didn't touch them I just tried to run surt again however and the installing bar is at and not moving so I can't upload the cbs folder What should I do Virus info I believe I have removed all the viruses using malwarebytes and avg I had to uninstall and re-install malwarebytes in safe mode because the virus somehow corrupted the original install I removed about viruses Also chrome was infected with adware and even after removing all extensions and programs that installed the extensions the homepage was still somehow hijacked The homepage in the chrome settings however was set to new tab page and never changed I fixed that by uninstalling and re-installing chrome

A:windows update error 80070490 on kb2647753 and kb2839894 (viruses)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337136-windows-update-error-80070490-kb2647753-kb2839894-viruses.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi After several failed attempts to upgrade my HP dv - ea laptop to Windows I was checking all the troubleshooters suggested on online forums and WindowsUpdateDiagnostic reports error which it cannot fix This was not the first time I had run it I have tried the upgrade around times and between them I checked and this error was not found I had resigned myself to continuing with for the time being as I am going back to uni next week and need a clean. & WindowsUpdateDiagnostic); Windows error Update sfc (from 80070490 CheckSUR working laptop but found this error and want to Windows Update error 80070490 (from WindowsUpdateDiagnostic); sfc & CheckSUR clean. fix it sfc scannow and the system update readiness tool report no errors CHKDSK is clean MemoryDiagnostic is clean I tried restoring to an earlier point in case recent updates had caused this to a point where I knew the error wasn't present Despite reporting that system restore had failed error xc this appeared to work and it temporarily removed the error However when I ran Windows update again today and ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic it had returned If it helps the error reports on the Windows upgrade were dominantly c - but included FFFF E and as well as initially giving reports to failed updates for Intel Management Engine Interface and Realtek PCIe Family Controller Please find the attached the CheckSUR and CBS logs Unfortunately I Windows Update error 80070490 (from WindowsUpdateDiagnostic); sfc & CheckSUR clean. had to split up the CBS log as otherwise it was too big to attach Sorry for the long post

A:Windows Update error 80070490 (from WindowsUpdateDiagnostic); sfc & CheckSUR clean.

The last two bits of the CBS log are attached. Sorry again for having to do this. Not sure why the CBS log has become such a big file...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-80070490-from-windowsupdatediagnostic-sfc-and-checksur-clean-1043521.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi, 3 updates will not install no matter what I do. Have run SURT and Windows Update Diagnostic. I have attached screenshots of the error codes and update history. I have also attached the CheckSUR.log and CheckSur.persist.log files from the CBS file. The whole CBS file is too large to upload. Help would be very appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Pro update error codes: 80073712, 8024200D, 80070490.

I've seen a lot worse

Here's the problem-list from CheckSUR...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-authentication-authui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_0e6300c36ce0e937.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-a..on-authui.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_en-us_8dec1b1b1482822e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-a..on-authui.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_en-us_ea0ab69eccdff364.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-installer-engine_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18637_none_618dcfbeca31e3f1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-installer-engine_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18637_none_6be27a10fe92a5ec.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-installer-engine_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_6c5d47ae17bbf972.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-installer-handler_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_3d68a84c7ba605fb.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-installer-handler_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_e14a0cc8c34894c5.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-installer-engine_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_62089d5be35b3777.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-authentication-authui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_6a819c47253e5a6d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-lua_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_04d87c628ca1e3ee.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_40_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_40_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_41_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_41_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_42_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_42_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_78_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_78_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_79_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_79_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_80_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_80_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_81_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_81_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3008627_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3008627_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
I'll post a fix protocol later - it shouldn't be a problem, since all errors appear to be from the same update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367305-windows-7-pro-update-error-codes-80073712-8024200d-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I have had several problems with my laptop since I bought it The first one had continual blue screens and other issues and was replaced within all updates Windows Update failing - a few weeks The second had the same problems but by that point I had moved abroad to study and work and needed it to Windows Update - all updates failing write documents for work and write my dissertation so there was no way I could send it away for weeks to get replaced again I have learned to live with the blue screens as I don t know how to fix it but so far hasn t lost me any data the ones I most often get are BAD POOL CALLER and sometimes PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and maybe others but I don t always notice before it disappears Several months ago though my updates started failing First it was a few at a time then most of them but the occassional one would work and now for the last few weeks if not months every Windows Update - all updates failing single one has been failing I used to try searching for the error codes but there were so many and I never got any straight answers on what to actually do so I m hoping one of you kind souls can help me Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows Update - all updates failing

If it's still under warranty I'd sure try to get this resolved by using the warranty. Here's some of the information I found by searching for your error messages.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Also Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Bug Check 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-all-updates-failing.853095/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello

Frustrated with trying to fix this myself and thought I would turn to the forum for some help. I have been unable to install KB 2929437, KB 2871997, or KB 2830477 either as a group or individually. The error codes are all different and are below:

KB 2929437: error 8007054F
KB 2871997: error 80070490
KB 2830477: error 80070BC9

Since this started, Windows Update was able to install several other updates but not these three for some reason. I have run the System Update Readiness Tool and the SFC scan without change in the errors. The SFC scan continues to show corrupt files but is unable to fix them.

Problem #2 - I also appear to be unable to upload the zipped CBS log and continue to get internal server errors from the website when I try to attach the file. I would be happy to do so if anyone knows a way around this.

Thanks in advance!

sam

A:Windows update repeatedly failing with 3 updates

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CBA files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/331993-windows-update-repeatedly-failing-3-updates.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I'm having trouble installing updates in windows 8.1. I've identified through sfc /scannow that there is store file corruption however sfc is unable to fix them i tried doing the DISM restore health and it did nothing. Following the advice of site on from google i tried running this from admin command prompt 
 net stop wuauserv
cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution
ren Download Download.old
net start wuauserv
net stop bits
net start bits
net stop cryptsvc
cd %systemroot%\system32
ren catroot2 catroot2old
net start cryptsvc

and re ran the the DISM /restorehealth and now the DISM is stuck at 40% for the past 3 hours. How do i fix this so my updates start working again?

A:Windows update keeps failing to install updates.

Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566575/windows-update-keeps-failing-to-install-updates/
Relevancy 77.83%

The following updates continue to fail:

KB2798162
KB2893519
KB2918614
KB3008627

All fail with code 800B0100

Have tried all Microsoft fixes already, not fix the issue.

I have read some of the previous posts for this same issue, so I have run the System Readiness Tool for my OS and have attached the logs.

Thanks in advance

A:Multiple updates failing in Windows Update - Win 7/64-bit

Hello,SURT Package replacementWarning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.Click Here to download Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.Right-click on the file and select Extract All...Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click ExtractA window will open showing two folders, Manifests and PackagesOpen the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\ManifestsOpen the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\PackagesRun the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again.When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568552/multiple-updates-failing-in-windows-update-win-764-bit/
Relevancy 77.4%

Attached DXDIAG report, but havent had updates since October ??, and get the following error 80070490

A:No Updates get error 80070490

Sometimes turn off your AV software firewall, and turn on Windows Firewall then update. then go back and put on AV firewall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-updates-get-error-80070490-a-199710.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have been receiving this windows update error 80070490 since January. I am at a loss as to what to do. I have been reading up on all that I can find about this particular error, and it may be due to registry errors, or a corrupt file, but I just don't know where to begin. I am hoping that someone might be able to help me resolve this issue. I am also unable to do a system restore, I get an error also. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kim

A:Windows Update Error 80070490 - Windows Vista

An explaination on what it is, and how to address it: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-update-error-80070490#1TC=windows-7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544456/windows-update-error-80070490-windows-vista/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have two problems that may or may not be related When I run Windows Update the program is unable to search for windows updates It returns & accessed search 80070490 can't Suspected windows update acct Malware: paypal error error Suspected Malware: windows update can't search error 80070490 & paypal acct accessed code Someone other than me has accessed my Suspected Malware: windows update can't search error 80070490 & paypal acct accessed paypal account Skype was referenced in the paypal transaction I had not very intelligently used the same password in Skype and paypal Paypal caught the problem and froze my account and I have fixed my passwords but there may still be something left on my computer I sure would appreciate any help you all could give me Per your request my DDS file follows I'm attaching the Attach zip I hope I did all the request steps right Thanks D DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Denise at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Offline Course Player OlpSynch exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Audible Bin AudibleDownloadHelper exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files INITIO Button Manager v inihid exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files ArcSoft TotalMedia Backup amp Record uBBMonitor exe C Program Files Dropbox Dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c Program ... Read more

A:Suspected Malware: windows update can't search error 80070490 & paypal acct accessed

BUMP, Please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/suspected-malware-windows-update-cant-search-error-80070490-and-paypal-acct-accessed-366807.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello all,

I installed the Anniversary Windows 10 update from scratch on my Surface Book. After installing all the Surface Book drivers, I ran Windows Update and it downloaded and wanted to install more device drivers.

Most of those drivers failed to install and it won't let me re-install them.

Can anyone please tell me why this is happening?

Screenshot #1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q49jcczsvzwft3m/1.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot #2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/do66q10ghy8wih0/2.jpg?dl=0

setupapi.dev.log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zahs8a5767...i.dev.log?dl=0

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58638-installed-anniversary-update-sb-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am getting a not Genuine Window dialog and updates not dialog and failing Getting update 69 a Windows Genuine on I have a stack of important windows updates that won't install Any help would be greatly Getting a not Genuine Windows dialog and update failing on 69 updates appreciated Best Regards Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -XXFCY- BR V- X J Windows Product Key Hash TcZBJdOL yQeuYoO PWX NAV x Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID E C BB-F A - A-A CA- FC F F Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt - - A-AA - B DBADA lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - X J lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Sony Corporation lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt VPCZ GX lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt INSYDE lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt R C lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt C FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt Sony lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt VAIO lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition... Read more

A:Getting a not Genuine Windows dialog and update failing on 69 updates

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330417-getting-not-genuine-windows-dialog-update-failing-69-updates.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My Windows 8 Pro Store lists 4 available App updates: music, video, games and mail. When I select STORE and chose to update, the apps attempt to download and install the updates. They have failed to update for 4 days now. The error codes are either 0x80070002 OR 0x80246007.

I have previously downloaded and followed the instructions for apps.diagcab, rebooted. Nothing seems to resolve my inability to update these recently released App updates.

I have not installed any new software. My other Apps, including Bing, News and Finance continue to list current updates without any exceptions.

Whenever I attempt to open music, games, video and mail, they fail to open and revert back to START.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is Microsoft aware of this issue and attempting to resolve it? Thank you.

A:Recent Windows 8 App Store updates failing to update

Hello ABsfone, and welcome to Eight Forums.

See if clearing the Store cache may be able to help.
Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/22949-recent-windows-8-app-store-updates-failing-update.html
Relevancy 76.54%

The failed updates are 3004375, 3031432, 3033929, 3035131, and 3046049.

The .cab files all had to be removed from CBS.zip to come under the upload size limit. I can send them separately if needed.

I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks!

A:Error 80070490 With 5 Failed Updates

Can you please follow this guide and report back.
Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364047-error-80070490-5-failed-updates.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi

After your great help with my last problem i'm back with another (the price of success!)

Windows 7 ultimate - some updates are installing OK, some are being repeated after a successful installation & the IE10 update repeatedly fails with error code 9C59.

I've tried MS Fixit. I've done a repair install of Win7 ultimate, which improved things a little (before that,updates KB2667402 & KB982018 would continually fail).

CBS.zip & windowsupdate.log are attached.

Here's some background which may be relevant:
I started with Win 7 pro, which turned out to be non-genuine (ebay!). Windows updates stopped working because it was non-genuine. Microsoft supplied a new copy of Win7 ultimate, which I installed via a custom installation. I didn't do a clean install because I used a 3rd party product call PCmover to include all applications & settings in the upgrade to Win7 ultimate. All has been OK with Win7 ultimate except the updates.

THanks

A:Windows updates repeating & IE10 update failing (9C59)

PS.
I don't know if this would help:
"How do I reset Windows Update components?"

I was going to try that but thought I'd ask here first.... taa

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/290058-windows-updates-repeating-ie10-update-failing-9c59.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,
I have been trying for sometime to fix this problem of failed updates. I have been in touch with microsoft and followed all their instructns this is where i am at. The last thing i did was to rename the file for updates. This did not work but has wiped clean all my update history and since then i am not recieving any updates at all, previously i was getting some but not the security updates.

I have also run all malware progs etc and do not detect any virus or anything

I am at a loss now on my next course of action i have not recieved any further instruction form microsoft
Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:Failed updates error code 80070490

Hi Welshwizard,

The error does indeed say that the file managing Windows Updates, the file that contains all relevant data as to what updates are installed, when they were installed etc, has been corrupted.

As I don't know what instructions you were given by them;

Open up an elevated administrator Command prompt.
Run this command:
sfc /scannow
Let us know the results.

Insert the Installation DVD.
Reboot the machine > Run the automatic repair.

Boot the machien into Safemode with Networking, see what the updates says.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-updates-error-code-80070490-a-602066.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi,
Failed system. SP1 rolled back ...
Update Center -> Start Manual Search.
Result: it was found a new update KB976932 (SP1). The attempt to establish results in an error: 80070490
I run:

Code:
sfc /scannow
Then I use a utility System Update Readiness Tool What is the System Update Readiness Tool? - Windows Help

I archived two files for the analysis:
C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS
and
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

Microsoft services

I'm very sorry, COMPONENTS.ZIP have a size ~ 15M

P.S.: Forgive for bad knowledge of English. I very need your help.

A:Fault system updates - Error 80070490 when installing KB976932 (SP1)

You have fairly massive registry problems...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 737
Found 782 errors
Fixed 1 errors
CBS MUM Missing Total count: 7
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 3
Fixed: CBS MUM Corrupt. Total count: 1
CBS Registry Error Total count: 1
Fixed: CBS Paired File. Total count: 1
CSI Missing Winning Component Key Total count: 771
I really think your best option is going to be a repair install - or a Clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374294-fault-system-updates-error-80070490-when-installing-kb976932-sp1.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello,

My Windows 7 x64 Home Premium updates are failing with error code 800736B3

I've tried the "Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 x64" and they still fail.

I've tried SFC /SCANNOW and they still fail.

Please Help!!

Thank You!

Rob S.

A:Windows 7 Updates Failing Error 800736B3

Hello Rob,

Lets run SURT to see if it gives an indication of a corruption:

Download and run System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)
Please go Here and download the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT). Save this file to your desktop
Go to your desktop and run KB947821
When the SURT finishes installing, Please continue.
SFC /SCANNOW

Click on the button. Inside the search box type in CMD
Right click on CMD => Choose Run as Administrator
Inside the Command Prompt windows copy and paste the following command SFC /SCANNOW
Please wait for this to Finish before continuing with the rest of the steps.

Export CBS folder
Click the Start button then click Computer.
Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
Find and double click on the Logs folder.
Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.
Attach this to your next post please.
Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next please post please upload via Dropbox or ge.tt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-updates-failing-error-800736b3-886089.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am trying to update these on Dell Windows 7 Home Premium Laptop:
KB2559049 - Cumulative Update for IE 9
KB2567680 - Secutiry Update for Windows 7
KB2570791 - Update for Windows 7
SP1 for Windowws 7

I tried installing them separately. Also, I tried running FixIt in Default mode. Nothing worked.
When I try to install System Readiness Tool it is stuck for ever and Green band does not move at all.

Please help!

-hcurry

A:All updates are failing on Windows 7 with error 8007045D

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Can you try a system restore to a point before you tried to install these updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/186035-all-updates-failing-windows-7-error-8007045d.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello,

My Windows 7 x64 Home Premium updates are failing with error code 800736B3

I've tried the "Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 x64" and they still fail.

I've tried SFC /SCANNOW and they still fail.

Please Help!!

Thank You!

Rob S.

A:Windows 7 Updates Failing Error 800736B3

Which update is failing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-updates-failing-error-800736b3.1132460/
Relevancy 73.53%

I'm running windows seven home premium (32 bit) and having trouble updating for some time.
Hope someone can help me.
I attach the error codes picture.
I also tried to attach the cbs folder, but even after zipping it, it's still almost 30MB and I can't upload it.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

A:Unable to install updates - error codes 8e5e03fb, 9e5e03fa, 80070490

remove the older CBSPersist files from the archive until the resulting file is under the 8MB limit - or upload the full set to a fileshare site, and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372130-unable-install-updates-error-codes-8e5e03fb-9e5e03fa-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi everyone my first post

I getting the error 80070490 and I tried system restore but one luck.

I found this Windows Update error 80070490 on the MS site and have tried the System Update Readiness Tool but again no luck

My next step would be the upgrade on the link using a system DVD and there lies my problem, I don't have one!

I have a Acer Aspire 6930Z laptop and as with most laptop these days you don't get a Windows disc.

I can make a Acer recovery disc but I'm pretty sure that will only do a full reinstall !

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:Update error 80070490

Hi,
the easy way here is you are trying to install
Windows vista service Pack 1 Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330)

windows vista service pack 2 Download details: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - Five Language Standalone (KB948465)

Standalone versions.. All you need to do is download them first then install them depending on what you need..

cheers
Ash

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/284864-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

For Service Pack 1.

I've checked around and found a few answers on here but they are all a little different and there doesn't seem to be a generic fix for this.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:Update error 80070490

Welcome
This should do the trick

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/293479-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi
I have been having a very annoying problem with windows update as a result of whih av not been able to update since December.I keep getting message error 80070490.My computer is running a vista OS. Can you please give me a very simple step by step solution to the problem since I fear my comp is at risk:

A:update error 80070490

yes checck you daye and time to make sure it is correct

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/update-error-80070490-a-222095.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,
I have a new workstation which was updating fine but has now stopped updating. it gives an error message of 800706BE.
I have disabled the third party firewall to see if that caused a problem. is there any way of re-initiating the failed updates?

A:Updates continually failing on Windows 7 (Error 800706BE)

Hi dperrott,

You can first try Windows Update troubleshooting tool by going to Start -> Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Fix problems with Windows Update.

If the issue persists, rename the Windows Update Temporary folders by the steps below:

Click the Start Button and type in "Notepad" (without the quotation marks) in the open box and press Enter.
Copy the following commands and paste them into the opened Notepad window:

net stop wuauserv
net stop Cryptsvc
ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution sdold.old
ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 crt2old.old
net start wuauserv
net start Cryptsvc

After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Then choose "Save" when you are prompted to save the file. Type "temp.bat" (without the quotation marks)
as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the location.
Right click the temp.bat file on Desktop and choose Run as administrator.
A DOS-like window will begin processing.

Then, please restart the computer and check if we can update now.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Linda

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f529a6d-f9e9-4db4-a69f-a420f2d7f2ef/updates-continually-failing-on-windows-7-error-800706be?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.1%

I have Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate installed.
For some reason my Windows Updates started failing with error code 80070034

I ran Sfc /scannow and it bombs out at 8% with the error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

From the CBS log, these are the errors listed:
2011-02-24 14:02:04, Error CSI 0000005b (F) STATUS_DUPLICATE_NAME #843818# from CFileInstaller::CommitChanges(...)[gle=0xd00000bd]
2011-02-24 14:02:04, Error CSI 0000005c (F) STATUS_DUPLICATE_NAME #843817# from PrimitiveInstaller::CCoordinator::FinalizeChanges(...)[gle=0xd00000bd]

I tried changing the computer name, the workgroup name, installed Windows6.1-KB2484033-x64 (The Windows Update preparation or fix update?)

Renamed catroot2.
Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks for the help!

A:Windows Updates all failing - Error Code 80070034

Hi, ImpetuousRacer.

The System File Checker tool needs to be run as Adminsitrator. If you did not use an Admin account, please try again. You may also want to run SFC in Safe Mode (Restart your Computer, tap F8 until the startup options appear, select Safe Mode).

If no luck with SFC completing, I suggest you run chkdsk. See this tutorial for instructions: Disk Check.

Follow with a shutdown/restart and then run the Microsoft Fix it in both default and aggressive mode to reset the Windows Update components.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/146811-windows-updates-all-failing-error-code-80070034-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey Everyone!
I'm unable to do any windows updates due to error code 800B0100. I think a recent virus I had may have tampered with update files. I tried running the System Update Readiness Tool as suggested in Help and Support however the update installation on that failed too. Due to other problems I've been having recently I'm considering re-installing my OS at this point.
Any advice you have would be really appreciated! Thanks

A:Windows Updates Failing Due to Error Code: 800B0100

See this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702

More than likely, if you do a 'clean' install, you will be able to get all the security updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397719/windows-updates-failing-due-to-error-code-800b0100/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi after successfully installing windows my first windows install since XP after which I moved to Ubuntu and doing the initial set-up etc installing my own anti virus software and MS Office etc I thought it was time to let it update itself however every time I tell it to update then shut down it fails I tried to troubleshoot updates failing 800736B3 with 7 Windows code error it using the MS help box which was very little actual help and then tried to initiate the update manually however when it comes to installing some windows security and system updates and some IE updates installation fails resulting in error code B whatever that means The updates it fails on are Quote security update for INternet explorer for windows KB security update for windows KB security update for windows KB update for Windows 7 updates failing with error code 800736B3 internet explorer compatability view list for windows KB update for internet explorer for windows KB update for windows KB I'm currently running avast v home edition following win informing me that it would not allow AVG to run it was from an 'untrusted source' apparently despite having been working a few days previously but thats another problem entirely Any help than can be offered will be much obliged All I've been able to Windows 7 updates failing with error code 800736B3 turn up from googling is a command that un-registers windows which then for some reason allows the updates to occur following which I can use my original activation code given to me by digital river with the student upgrade deal to re-activate windows although I am reluctant to try this Many thanks civint

A:Windows 7 updates failing with error code 800736B3

Have never had Avast free home interfere with anything, but you can disable it to try the Updates by right clicking it's icon in system tray and "turn off real time protection"

I note that another recent thread on this error found by Googling also remains unresolved.

If you bought your Win7 retail, you are entitled to MS excellent tech support which will work the case through to satisfaction. Those Updates are standard and can wait a few days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36366-windows-7-updates-failing-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Every few months I try to fix this issue I've tried it all manual SP updating the 80070490 error good update ole quot upgrade quot re-install disk route fails after many hours Update agent Now I good ole 80070490 update error see there is the Readiness tool I used it and it gave me some info which is nice Maybe good ole 80070490 update error this time will be the charm and someone will help me fix my registry issues Here is the Checksur Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e amd failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e amd failed to get Visibility f CBS Registry Error x Package for good ole 80070490 update error KB ie bf ad e amd failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB ie bf ad e amd failed to get Visibility f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB ie bf ad e amd failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB ie bf ad e amd failed to get Visibility Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS Registry Error Total count

A:good ole 80070490 update error

Hello, and welcome to the Vista Forums!

I will be your Windows Update Error Expert, and will help you to hopefully fix this issue once and for all. Please stick with me until the end of the fix.

The error that you have received is not exactly easy to fix, but neither is it impossible. In theory at least, there is a specific fix for your problem, which I do know, but sometimes it takes a little bit of fiddling to get it to work.

Anyway, I could guess the fix, and almost certainly get it right, but I am going to check, just in case.

Do you have IE 9 installed? If you do not have, don't try to install it. If you do, don't try to uninstall it. Please just tell me if you do or don't.

Now please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log file to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here. If necessary, you can read about how to upload that file here: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Vista Forums

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/289451-good-ole-80070490-update-error.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows 7 Office Updates Failing error code 80070663

have run Sfc /scannow and rebooted 3 times and run the Windows Update Readiness tool and rebooted....errors remain that SFC /Scannow is not able to fix. I will attach the CBS log as a .zip file and a sfcdetails.txt file for review. please let me know how you think I can best resolve this. thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/392261-windows-7-office-updates-failing-error-code-80070663-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I did a clean code updates 9C47 and failing Windows 80070216 Error install of windows after installing a new motherboard and CPU but windows updates are not going through and Windows updates failing Error code 80070216 and 9C47 I think it may be a major security risk It is showing important updates that need to be installed but when I start updating it is showing kb total complete After running for minutes it shows that all updates have failed along with the two unknown error codes Attempting to update items one at a time gives the same results After attempting to run sfc scannow it gets to then stops saying quot Windows Resource Protection could now perform the requested operation quot I have gotten popups from windows saying quot your computer will shut down in minute quot and there seems to be no way to stop it I also seem to be running slower than I was before the new parts despite the obvious upgrade Any help is appreciated Thanks in advance EDIT just got quot windows must shut down in ause the DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly quot

A:Windows updates failing Error code 80070216 and 9C47

I've never seen these errors before...

Code:
POQ 4 ends.
2014-01-02 21:05:22, Info CSI 0000001c [SR] Verify complete
2014-01-02 21:05:22, Info CSI 0000001d [SR] Verifying 100 (0x0000000000000064) components
2014-01-02 21:05:22, Info CSI 0000001e [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2014-01-02 21:05:22, Error CSI 0000001f (F) STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW #554039# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysSetInformationFile(flags = 0, h = 3a0 ("\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\winsxs\Temp\PendingRenames\34f198a43008cf015a0200005817d017._0000000000000000.cdf-ms"), iosb = @0xaace20, buff = @0xaace68, bufflen = 8, ic = 20 (0x00000014), disp = Invalid)
[gle=0xd0000095]
2014-01-02 21:05:22, Error CSI [email protected]/1/3:03:05:22.997 (F) d:\w7rtm\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp(2403): Error STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysSetInformationFile expression: ::BUCL::Rtl::ConvertInteger( Length, ulLength)
[gle=0x80004005]
2014-01-02 21:05:23, Error CSI 00000021 (F) STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW #554024# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::CFile_IRtlFileTearoff::SetContents(file = [l:104{52}]"\SystemRoot\WinSxS\FileMaps\_0000000000000000.cdf-ms", flags = 0, contents = {l:556 b:50636d480100000000000000d36fd1205ed0487611000000880000000c0000005400000000000000000000000100000084000000000000000000000003000000ffffffffff1b352825d55541acb06e7c64c725d80500000006000000080000000d0000000f00000007000000090000000e0000000a0000000c0000000b000000...})[gle=0xd0000095]
2014-01-02 21:05:23, Error CSI 00000022 (F) STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW #554018# from CFileMapContext::AddFileMapping(...)[gle=0xd0000095]
2014-01-02 21:05:23, Error CSI 00000023 (F) STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW #553978# from CFileInstaller::CommitChanges(...)[gle=0xd0000095]
2014-01-02 21:05:23, Error CSI 00000024 (F) STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW #553977# from PrimitiveInstaller::CCoordinator::FinalizeChanges(...)[gle=0xd0000095]
Perhaps it would help to see the Event logs...

Please open Event Viewer
In the left pane, navigate to the Windows Logs
right-click on Applications and select 'Save all events as...' save as Apps.evtx
repeat for the System logs - save as Sys.evtx
Compress both files, and attach to your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/317054-windows-updates-failing-error-code-80070216-9c47.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me with this. I have 2 of 5 Windows 7 updates are failing, with the following error codes:8007054F
9C57

I have also attached the Attachment 342102 file.

Thanks...

A:Windows 7 updates failing, error codes: 8007054F, 9C57

There are a huge number of error present in the CBS logs.
Oddly, the SFC scan appears to have only found 18 components to check - rather than the more normal 12000+ !!
Please attempt another SFC scan, and upload the CBS.log file again.

If the same behaviour is repeated, I think you are looking at least at a repair install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/354141-windows-7-updates-failing-error-codes-8007054f-9c57.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi group I tried so many things already and followed loads of advice from around the net But no solution so far The problem is that Windows update won't install updates it gives error Code The updates it errors on are KB KB KB One other update keeps reinstalling on every reboot number KB I tried so far standalone installation of failing updates sfc scannowsystem update readiness toolMicrosoftFixit msiMicrosoftFixit msiantivirus and malware software find nothing amiss tried installing updates and fixes with firewall off update windows "loop" and 80070490 error antivirus off etc I am getting to the end of what i can do here how to preceed windows update error 80070490 and "loop" I will attach the checksur hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction thanks in advance Moosey Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist f windows update error 80070490 and "loop" CBS Watchlist Package Missing x Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e x Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist f CBS Watchlist Package Missing x Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e x Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist f CBS Watchlist Package Missing x Package for KB bf ad e x Package for KB client bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist f CBS Watchlist Package Missing x Package for KB bf ad e x Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist f CBS Watchlist Package Missing x Package for KB bf ad e x Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist Checking Component Watchlist f CBS Watchlist Component Missing x x microsoft-windows-wab-core bf ad e none fd f Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist f CBS Watchlist Component Missing x x microsoft-windows-wab-core bf ad e none fd f Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist Checking Packages f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB client bf ad e x failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB client bf ad e x failed to get Visibility Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x mshtml tlb x microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering bf ad e none f e c ffb c Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count CBS Registry Error Total count CBS Watchlist Package Missing Total count CBS Watchlist Component Missing Total count

A:windows update error 80070490 and "loop"

Hello, check this out : Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/294645-windows-update-error-80070490-loop.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

i'm from Europe, Germany to be more concret.
I get the 80070490 Update Error.
For fixing it, i tried following:

1. FixIt thing from Microsoft Support.
2. Repairing the PC (all the possible options) from my Windows Recovery CD.
3. The CMD command: sfc /scannow.

These steps didn't help.
Is there someone who can help me out?

A:Update Error 80070490 on Vista Home Premium x86

Hello

Here is a link from MS.... corrupted CBS manifest won't allow updates to install - Microsoft Community
I would suggest you use method #3....

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/119602-update-error-80070490-vista-home-premium-x86.html
Relevancy 70.09%

i had to reinstall vista because of a random catastrophic crash anyone - 80070490 Vista Update found has solution? Error a Code and very recently i restored my pc to working order from a rootkit trojan with the help of temp over on the hjt subforum the only thing i couldn't get to work is windows update the updater installed sp successfully but the important updates following that refuse to install what i get is a download confirmation then a install confirmation then an error Code whereby none of the updates integrate i tried installing these security updates individually and they all seem to Vista Update Error Code 80070490 - has anyone found a solution? successfully install this way except that when i go back to the list of available updates there they are again as if nothing happened temp suggested that this error code was caused by alcohol which i have since uninstalled but that action has not produced results his other suggestion was that i load a system Vista Update Error Code 80070490 - has anyone found a solution? restore point but the only ones i have in the queue are restore points from when i had a rootkit infection therefore those are no good what i'd like to know is how this problem came about and if there is any other fix for it i found this on google but kinda iffy on it destabilizing my os http blogs msdn com Vista Update Error Code 80070490 - has anyone found a solution? andrekl archive erver- aspxany pointers would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Vista Update Error Code 80070490 - has anyone found a solution?

also worth noting... i've tried the solution offered here: http://nicolask.wordpress.com/2007/11/02/w...ode-0x80246007/which says to turn off windows updates, delete/rename the /softwaredistribution/download folder, load the 2 bits app extensions, turn on windows updates again and retry, but i get the following error when trying to load qmgr.dll through command prompt:______________________________RegSvr32The module "qmgr.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that "qmgr.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.______________________________my thought is that this might have something to do with the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225137/vista-update-error-code-80070490-has-anyone-found-a-solution/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, this particular update has refused to install correctly since the 14th. Other updates have installed with no issue. Ran SURT and tried to manually install it from direct download.

Any help much appreciated.

A:Error code 80070490, Update 2790113 fails to install

Hi zatoichi,

As you've correctly isolated, Windows in your system has failed to install an update on numerous occasions:

Code:
2013-02-28 17:06:12, Info CBS Failed to get session package state for package: Package_3_for_KB2564958~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1 [HRESULT = 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND]
Though unlikely, you may still try resetting the 'Windows Components' to see if that helps: How do I reset Windows Update components?

If the issue persists, please try a manual install: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ng=en&id=27653

You may also refer to the following 'Microsoft Article' that recommends 'Windows Repair' in this case, if 'System Update Readiness Tool' fails to fix it: Windows Update error 80070490

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/280408-error-code-80070490-update-2790113-fails-install.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am running Windows 7 Professional x86 32bit and my machine is having severe problems with updating.

When I run Check for Updates I get the error Code 80073712. Looking at my Update History there is a long list of updates with several fails. However when I go to Installed Updates it is empty?

I have run SURT and attach CBS files. (I have removed one old large CbsPersist to suit the file size limit)

When I run sfc /scannow I get the error message 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.'
I have tried a host of fixes from Google searches but none have solved the problem. Hopefully this is enough info for you to assist.

A:Windows Update failing with error 80073712

I have just tried to manually add some recent updates which appeared successful in Update History but when I look at Installed Updates it is still empty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376261-windows-update-failing-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Heya,

I'm using Windows Home Professional 64 bit and have had trouble installing updates. Going through the steps nominated here produced the following:

1: Attempting to run SURT from the linked download produced an error:
Installer encountered an error: 0x80070424
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

2: sfc /scannow came back with:
Windows Resource Protection did not find and integrity violations

3: Attmepting to check for updates produced an error:
Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.

4: CBS.zip attached as instructed

Elsewhere I found a suggestion of making a copy of files, registry entries from a working install and inserting them on the busted windows, but I only have one PC running Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402515-windows-update-failing-0x80070424-error.html
Relevancy 69.66%

When I run Windows update I get the error 80073712. I also am getting errors when running the SFC scan. Says that it found errors but could not repair them. Attaching CBS log for review. I have tried to repair and do what I can but it is time to ask for help. Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

A:Windows update failing error 80073712

I have run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and still getting same result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373042-windows-update-failing-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

For the past 2-3 weeks any attempt at installing windows updates has been failing, with the error code 80070308. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, the updates currently trying to install are:

I've tried the generic solutions I've been able to find, Microsoft repair tools etc, with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows Update Failing - Error 80070308

Here's a sampling from your CBS log...

Code:
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 00000047 (F) A previous transaction requested a reboot, so you cannot commit any transactions until you reboot.
[gle=0x80004005]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 00000048 (F) STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE #387385# from Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow(...)[gle=0xd000042a]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI [email protected]/8/7:09:49:10.404 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\componentstore\com\store_transaction.cpp(1841): Error STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE originated in function Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 0000004a (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE) #387246# from Windows::COM::CPendingTransaction::IStorePendingTransaction_Apply(...)[gle=0x80070308]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 0000004b (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE) #381337# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction2_AddFiles(Flags = 1, a = @0x38cd30, fn = @0x38d530, fp = @0x38dd30, disp = 0, op = 0)[gle=0x80070308]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Info CBS Failed to add to transaction package: Package_130_for_KB2973351~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1 [HRESULT = 0x80070308 - ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CBS Failed to stage execution package: Package_130_for_KB2973351~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1 [HRESULT = 0x80070308 - ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE]
Windows thinks that it's still in the middle of installing an update of some kind.

Please do a Search in your Windows folder (and subfolders for any files 'pending.xml', and compress un upload all found

(there are no SFC or CheckSUR errors)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340634-windows-update-failing-error-80070308-a.html