Windows Support Forum

Wireless connection lost, impedance problem...what?

Q: Wireless connection lost, impedance problem...what?

Hi all I have been having a problem with my wireless intern network connection I have a sneaky suspicion that my service provider is doing all they can to not have this be there problem Sequence of events -Wireless connection intermittently stops impedance lost, connection Wireless problem...what? working - times a week for the past month -Service provider said it was probably the router -Bought a new router Problem still occurring -Service provider said it Wireless connection lost, impedance problem...what? was my wireless network card Told them that ALL the laptops in the house don t work Okay well then that s not the problem -I go look at the modem Power light-ON Send amp Receive- Blinking Cable Light- OFF -Told me my modem was offline Said it was probably an impedance issue Not sure what that means -Unscrewed the cable Wireless connection lost, impedance problem...what? touched the inside with my finger screwed it back in rebooted computers All computers working -Previous technicians said to unplug the power to both modem and router that works temporarily I m not sure what is going on here and I am no wiz with this stuff but I am now thinking this is either a problem with the cable line OR the cable modem I keep getting different answers from the cable company and they tell me I might have to have someone come out to look into the issue which of course I will be billed for Already paid for a new router How should I deal with this nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless connection lost, impedance problem...what?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless connection lost, impedance problem...what?

The company should be able to supply you with a new modem to attempt a fix. This should not be something you are billed for, generally you should be billed if the issue is caused by something other then their product(the Modem) or the telephone line leading to your house+the demarcation point.. These are all things that the ISP should be covering.

Does this issue happen when you are connected by Ethernet cable? Or JUST wireless?

If this is limted to a wireless issue then I would say that it is an issue that is fixable on your part:

Things to look at: Phone lines(Filters on your phones)
Wireless Phones, Microwaves, any new wireless devices in the house.. Wireless devices can cause interferance with eachother. lots of wireless phones work on the 2.4GHz frequency, the same frequency that 802.11 works on (Wireless) If this fixes the issue, try each phone separtly to narrow down the issue.

To eliminate phones as the issue, you could disconnect all your phones in the house, and test your wireless connection and see if it improves. To make sure it is not due to distance/interferance (Physically) Set up the laptop within 3 feet of the router and see if any issues happen connecting to the router.

Microwaves also work on the 2.4GHz frequency at times and can cause interference when running, but this would be a rare disconnect.

Lastly, if this is simply an issue overall (Wireless and hardwired(ethernet)) then I would suggest connecting to their modem directly, ensuing there is nothing between you and their device. IF there is still an issue, replace the cables between the Modem (The phone cable) as well as the ethernet cable to your computer.. If there are still issues then this is left to the ISP to fix and should not be at your cost.

You pay for their services and this should include the service and repair of their device. Modems tend to break down/overheat and have issues over time, they should be able to supply you with a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-lost-impedance-problem-what.180395/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I configured a wireless network in my house a few days ago. I am using a D-Link DIR-300 Wireless router.

Everything has been working perfectly for 2 days until just an hour ago.

Suddenly the wireless connection was lost (no internet and no connection to router possible anymore via wireless), then Vista automatically tries to reconnect --> with success. connection is there again --> everything working fine for a few minutes --> then connectin gets lost again --> reconnect and so on.

I have tried it with a different Notebook and the same problem is there also. When the connection gets lost, it is on the other notebook lost also.

What could the cause for this be?

regards
goforgold

A:Wireless connection gets lost after a few mins -> then reconnect -> then lost again..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-gets-lost-after-a-few-mins-then-reconnect-then-lost-again.840508/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My wireless connection worked fine until I did a MS update yesterday. OS is XP with ZoneAlarm (this is up to date).

My network is found but when I click connect it tries to connect but then stops. There is no offer to do a trouble shooter.

The last time that this happened it was a compatibility problem with ZoneAlarm but that doesn't seem to be the problem this time.

I have tried the ipconfig release and renew from the cmd but get a msg that no action can be taken on the unconnected wireless. ARGGGGHHHH!

Any help out there? Thanks

A:Lost wireless connection

Have you tried turning ZoneAlarm off, rebooting, startup and see if the problem now works? (help see if it is ZoneAlarm related)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-wireless-connection.113048/
Relevancy 60.2%

Early this morning, I went to check my email and I had no connectivity to the internet. I checked the wireless connection and my computer cannot find it. I have had NO problems with this since I hooked everything up a few months ago, and now all of sudden, it can't find the connection? Any thoughts?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 60.2%

After years of successfully conecting to my nearby router, I am suddenly unable to connect with my Toshiba Satellite A215 laptop, running Vista Home Premium. In the task bar the message is "currently not connected to any network". However, in the "Connect to a network" window, it shows the local network with 5 bars and says "connected with limited access"
Furthermore, in Control Panel\Network Connections it says "Wireless network connection enabled" and "Local area connection network cable unplugged"
What in *&%*#!! does all this mean and why suddenly can I not connect to my local network?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 60.2%

I never had any problem accessing a wireless network with my Dell Netbook. About a month ago, it would not show me what wirelss networks were available such as when I was at a hotel, library or other places with free access. However, I could still access my wireless network at home. Now as of yesterday, I cannot connect to any network wirelessly including my own.
It just tells me "WIndows cannot configure this wireless connections.
I tied Dell support only t obe told that my waranty has expired.

A:lost wireless connection

Is there an on/off switch for the wireless?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection.931457/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a HP Pavilion dv using Windows Premium Home -bit I also use Norton Antivirus A couple of days ago my wireless connection started going in and out Then it just quit working I thought it was the modem at first but another computer and a Kindle still wireless connection Lost connect fine I checked the settings and they Lost wireless connection are all compatible with the modem I can connect through an ethernet connection but I still can't after I unplug I have run the diagnostics and nothing changes that I can tell from the settings My modem is recognized in the list of available connections but it will not connect I tried to connect without the security on the modem but I couldn't connect that way either I also power cycled the modem numerous times I have since performed a complete system recovery but the same problem exists I also went to a Starbucks with WiFi but I could not connect I get the same error messages quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point quot Additional info My internal adapters are Intel WiFi Link AGN Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter and my modem is a Netgear WNR v Is there a new conflict Any ideas suggestions Any help would be much appreciated

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Don't shout at me, but have you checked the wireless switch at the front of your laptop is switched on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/167831-lost-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 60.2%

linksys card in gateway 700mHz PC was working fine and stopped. have had the card out and reinstalled, router unplugged and restarted and many setting tweaks and untweaks. network status tells me i have a connection at 50Mbps, but i have only bytes received, none sent.

A:wireless connection lost

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection?
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms? Have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way? Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-lost.739182/
Relevancy 60.2%

Not your typical loss of connection, my lap top, lost the "wireless connection" the little icon that sits in the lower right of the screen next to the time is completely gone all of a sudden. I cant find it or get it back and now I cant connect to the internet thru wifi anymore. How do I fix this problem? what happened?
thanks for any help with this issue.
Sweets

A:Lost Wireless Connection

have you tried going to Start > Connect to > Show All Connections and tried through their if ya right click on the wireless icon and goto properties it has a little box that needs checking which says show icon in notification area when connected. if ya cant find it their goto Start > Control Panel > then network connections and do thr right click properties thing there instead let me know if it sorts it or not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection.582787/
Relevancy 60.2%

I lost my wireless connection and can t figure out how to fix it I know I still have inernet connection because I can link the modem with my laptop I can see the Linksys wrt n router name linksys on my wireless network list but I can t my Lost wireless connection access it All computers can t access the wireless network Here is ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings David Wu gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings David Wu gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected C Documents and Settings David Wu gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings David Wu gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply Lost my wireless connection from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings David Wu gt C Documents and Settings David Wu gt Lost my wireless connection PING yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Documents and Settings David Wu gt C Documents and Settings David Wu gt NBTSTAT Lost my wireless connection -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- DAVIDWU lt gt UNIQUE Registered DAVIDWU lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt gt GROUP Registered MSHOME lt E gt GROUP Registered MSHOME lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Documents and Settings David Wu gt C Documents and Settings David Wu gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name DavidWu Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - C- -A -AC- D Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - D- -BA- B- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday December PM Lease Expires Monday December PM C Documents and Settings David Wu gt Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:Lost my wireless connection

Reset the router to factory default settings and try again to connect by wireless. If unsuccessful for one computer what exactly is the error message? Also please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-wireless-connection.966702/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an HP Pavillion dv2000 series notebook...recently my notebook stopped receiving wireless connection...the light on the front of the machine that signals wireless connectivity stays on amber (which means not connected)...i have tried downloading all the updated drivers and such but nothing has worked...under device manager i don't even see a device that i think is my wireless card...can someone please offer me a starting place or advice on what i can possibly do??? thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

Downloaded Spyware Doctor- pc tools to clear pc of Conficker viruses and now pc recognises my TP-LINK wireless and others but won't connect to it or any wireless. I noticed even that the mouse buttons reversed as well. Network connections say Not connected, Firewalled

Charlie

Best bet would be at this time to use system restore at this point. You can find this in accessories>system tools and set it back to the day or few days before you installed the PC Doctor. I have not had this issue with pc doctor. If that doesn't work or you had system restore turned off. Then you can manually uninstall the drivers for TP link and also uninstall spyware doctor as well. Reinstall the drivers for the TP Link. Give that a try. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-wireless-connection-503883.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Linksys (Tesco) router which works fine connected to my PC (cable connection). I hooked up a 2nd PC (winme) via a belkin USB adapter (wireless)and all worked fine for a while. However, now neither the router or the adapter can see or connect to each other.

I have disabled all security settings (ssid, etc..), however they still wont connect to each other.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice I'd be grateful

Thanks

to test if it's the pci wifi adapter, you can switch it out with the other pc. if it works fine in the other one, it may be a driver issue. i'm not familiar at all with winme, but check belkin's site for the drivers for winme.

hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection.409825/
Relevancy 60.2%

This is going to be long hopefully not too confusing I am only somewhat computer literate so please bear with me and be very specific if you reply We have computers Two are using Win although they will be replaced this week with new ones using XP One using XP One using ME The Wireless Connection Lost two w are in a garage office They are connected via Wireless Connection Lost a hub and then to a Wirespeed Modem and Netgear WGR Wireless Connection Lost v wireless router The other two are in the house less than away The XP is using a US Robotics g wireless turbo and the ME is using a Linksys g WUSB For awhile now the connection was very slow especially with the ones in the house Constant dropping connection or only - signal strength My son changed the channel from to since there were others in the neighborhood on channel He made the change via his computer in the house XP Everything was fine until later that night when my husband tried to go online in the garage although I had checked the connection in the garage after the channel change I m not exactly sure what transpired except that he called Verizon DSL and had the password reset because some box came up asking for a password and he also spoke with Netgear I don t remember who he spoke to first In any case we were unable to get online for a couple of days Finally we reset the router and got the two in the garage online but still cannot get the two in the house to connect We can quot see quot the connection when the monitor comes up but when we click on it and try to connect nothing happens Cannot ping anything The monitor shows that the device is quot Active but cannot connect with Access Point quot Signal strength is now Is it a configuration problem I ve been trying to get information from Netgear via email but they are not helping Sorry this is so long Any help would be very much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I've had a wireless connection to a second PC for a while now but after the latest AVG update the second PC cannot find a connection. It may be entirely coincidental. I've reinstalled the adaptor in the second PC with no change. I have no problem with the main PC. Assuming it's a hardware problem, is there a way of checking if it's the router not transmitting or the adaptor not receiving?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection.414706/
Relevancy 60.2%

I downloaded Win10 about 2 months ago with no noticeable problems until last week.  My wireless quit working. "Not connnected, No connections found". My Comcast Arris wireless router was not displaying the wifi light so I figured time for a new router. Picked up yesterday, same problem, same message.  All the lights work on the router, I can print wirelessly but laptop says it has no connection.  Have went thru all the troubleshooting steps I can find.  It does work on the cat5 cable. Couldn't find any network adapter updates from HP so, anyone else have and solve this issue? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Lost-wireless-connection/td-p/5764685
Relevancy 60.2%

I am running Windows 7 Pro(64 bit) on my desktop. I have a cable going to the modem (router) and from there I use a wireless connection to my HP printer. Everything worked fine until about a month ago, and now I always get a printer error when trying to use the HP to print something. I also have a laptop which used the same wireless connection to the HP, and it still works fine.

I have been looking at Control Panel and Device Manager to try to find something on my modem, but cannot locate it anywhere. Not sure where I should be looking to see if there is a switch or something that got turned off.

A:Lost Wireless Connection

Vettepartz said:

now I always get a printer error when trying to use the HP to print something.Click to expand...

Always the same error? Message is no more specific than "printer error"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection.1156613/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently took my laptop (HP Pavilion) running Windows Vista, with me on vacation. I got it to work there but it won't work wirelessly now that I'm home. Why?? I am a beginner so be very clear. Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 60.2%

After running 8 for almost a week...this is the first lost connection I've seen. My connection wasn't even listed with the other available networks. A reboot didn't work so rebooted router and that did it. Very strange.

Anybody else out experienced anything like that?

Yes I've had my router crash a few times over the years, Windows 7 or 8 didn't matter, it was from clicking on a bad link and that did it for me.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/10091-lost-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, I have a notebook that I was able to set up a wireless connection pretty easily. The notebook has a motion eye camera that was not working so I tried to download some drivers, however it seems I picked some sort of Trojan virus on the download. I managed to restore my Notebook to an earlier date, but now I can't connect to the internet? It seems as though my wireless connection is fine as it says it is connected and the signal is excellent, but I just can't get back on to the internet?

I can access the internet easily on my desktop and I only have this other notebook.

Can someone please help me as I have no idea what has happened. Please note I am not very teccy so you will have to bear with me if I am unsure what is being asked.

Thanks for your time.

Relevancy 60.2%

Today I lost my wireless connection on my Gateway connection wireless lost laptop I downloaded some Microsoft updates then my connection went bad I was prompted to reenter my security key code which I did and my laptop connection seemed to be restored A few minutes later lost wireless connection I lost my connection again and no amount of rebooting the laptop the router lost wireless connection or reentering the code brought it back I tried the repair feature - it seems to get as far as renewing the IP address before it throws its hands up in disgust and tells me all hope is lost well not in so many words maybe that s just my interpretation My internet connection works fine with a direct line to the router My wireless internet connection also shows quot Excellent quot signal strength on the laptop even tho it won t connect to the web I ve never had any problems with my wireless connection anywhere I go I travel extensively on business specs Gateway laptop model MP Windows XP Media service pack Gb Intel Core Duo Mb DIMM memory Intel PROset wireless setup w a Linksys Wireless-G Gb broadband router all Microsoft updates are current I ran Belarc Advisor recently so any other spec questions I should be able to answer I believe in the course of downloading MS updates a simple wireless setting on my laptop got tweaked Any suggestions nbsp

I'd first disable encryption on the router and connect that way. Assuming success you should be able to re-enable encryption and reconnect.

If that fails try a System Restore to before the problem began.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection.686867/
Relevancy 59.34%

hi all. recently lost wireless connection on my desktop; when hardwired with cat5, all is well. also, laptop is working fine both wired & wireless.

am running HP, windows XP Pro MCE, 3.4 ghz cpu, 1.5 gb ram, SP3. Router is Linksys WRT54GS, current firmware; Wireless adapter is Linksys WMP54GS v1.1, current driver.

I tried repair connection, recycled modem/router/computer, but no connection between adapter & router. I'm stuck . PLEASE HELP!!!

Relevancy 59.34%

I have an HP Mini Note laptop that has had issues with my wireless signal Continuously Connection Lost Wireless ever since I purchased it When I turn it Wireless Connection Continuously Lost on it connects to the internet without a problem but it becomes disconnected after about minutes or so of using it The message I receive says quot Unable to connect to preferred wireless network Windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks Windows will keep trying to connect To see a list of all networks including others you can connect to click this message quot I am able to reconnect it without a problem but it continues to disconnect after just a short time Is there a way that I could get the connection to stop disconnecting Every other laptop or device with wifi that I own connects to the router without any problems at all It is just this laptop that has given me this problem Here is some information about my router laptop that may or may not be relevant to this case HP Mini Note gb ram gb hard drive Running on Internet Explorer D-link Airplus Xtreme G wireless router Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Have a new (one month old) Toshiba Satellite C660 laptop. Using wireless connection via an Orange Livebox. No problems experienced until today when suddenly unable to connect to wireless. Have re-booted the machine, have also reset and rebooted the Livebox but cannot resolve the problem. Also checked Fn + F8 to ensure wireless connection "on".

Livebox is working - sending this thread via wired PC from same device.

An earlier closed thread I saw advised noting wireless devices. Have done this and mine are:
Realtek RTL 8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

also shows Realtec PCIe FE Family Controller

Hope someone may be able to assist me. Many thanks.

A:Lost wireless connection - Windows 7

Welcome to TSG:
Any hardware/software changes right before problem ?
Any error msgs ?
Have you booted in safe mode with networking.Same issue ?
Can we see :
Let’s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

And :
Wifi test exe. Hint from Johnwill

Download and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspecto from
www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
on the problem machine. Post a screen shot of the main screen here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button
to upload it here.

Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_...g_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection-windows-7.992961/
Relevancy 59.34%

System in question Aspire One D E Win starter Intel GB RAM GB HDD adapters Atheros AR PCI-E NDIS Broadcom n Hey all - connectivity issue here My sis has the above laptop For a year or better she has been wirelessly connected to her local network via a Linksys E router Lost laptop wireless connection, without issue Rather suddenly a couple of weeks back she found she had no connection There were no changes to this network that I m aware of the users don t even know how to change settings online for said network Several available networks show up on the list hers and a couple of unsecured neighbors I believe Despite full bars for her local network clicking connect has no visible effect Nothing happens Not like a failed to connect or Lost wireless connection, laptop something similar just nothing I went through various steps such as - assured that fn F was not the issue wireless is enabled - power down wait and reboot the modem router Lost wireless connection, laptop and her laptop Lost wireless connection, laptop in that order - hard reset router at power up to restore defaults - uninstalled network adapter s and reinstalled - with the company site s latest drivers - they installed and ready to use appeared - released renewed IP on laptop - ran the various fairly useless Windows network diagnostics which essentially told me I hadn t selected a network which I had repeatedly - Swapped out router completely with another an older Linksys though not certain of the model of that one with the same results - Took laptop here to a completely different network also running a Linksys E here again with the same results The local network s I m attempting to connect to are unsecured - no password required etc The laptop does connect fine when wired So any idea what I should try next My experience here is rather limited and I ve run out of ideas Thanks much for any suggestions I ve attached a ipconfig all text doc from the laptop though I ran xirrus I can t seem to get it to attach it Perhaps the size req Not sure Any more info needed let me know Thanks edit pic attached as well just didn t show nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello All I have a and have wireless connection troj_tdss.sma I lost have year old Gateway laptop with Vista OS and Trend Micro Pro Security Recently about a week ago my wireless card access quit working I had been having battery problems with it dying quickly and shutting down on the drive home while in sleep mode When it did not turn on right away I chalked it up to that When I fired it back up the system tray taskbar showed I have troj_tdss.sma and have lost wireless connection it was loading a driver for a new device none was hooked to it My wireless network would not load after that and Windows could not locate any networks afterwards I decided to do a Windows AutoUpdate as I was a couple of weeks behind on them I did this and then performed a full system Trend Micro scan It found quaranteened and deleted the listed threat troj tdss sma I still have no wireless access or network detection I have also been getting warnings that my computer does not recognize a USB device but none are connected BTW I have never been able to download Vista Service Pack due a code that both Microsoft and Gateway support say is probably due to system error that would require a total reboot overhaul whatever it is Please help Also is there anything I should be worried about with this sending out my personal info Trendmicro s site says This Trojan connects to the following Web site s http BLOCKED com download file jpg http BLOCKED com download Ipack It accesses Web sites to download the following file s Program Files COMMON FILES CHAR exe Program Files COMMON FILES CALC exe Note Program Files is the default Program Files folder usually C Program Files I do not know what this does or means Should I be worried THANKS So to clarify I think my Trend software got rid of the threat but I still do not know how to restore my wireless connection or why my machine keeps saying it does not recognize a USB device when none is connected Thanks again

A:I have troj_tdss.sma and have lost wireless connection

Welcome to BCSorry for the waitLet's start with these scans:The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version and save it to your desktop.NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs---------------------------Be sure to re-enable your AV and malware scan tools if they were disabled==============================ATFPlease download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".------------------------------------SAS, may take a long time to scanPlease download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.A... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292763/i-have-troj-tdsssma-and-have-lost-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 59.34%

The problem is - I cannot connect to the Internet on lost connection Internet/Wireless my HP XP laptop - the problem seems to be Wireless related and I am sending this on my Internet/Wireless connection lost other computer an HP Vista laptop In the HP XP laptop yesterday I had icons showing in the notification area which showed my connections - I had one which said Wireless Network connection - connected and another which says Network Adapter connection - also connected - the first showed a good signal strength and a speed of mpbs and the second shows a speed of mbps Both computers are home computers - They both connect to the same Wireless Router which is a in the same room - Only feet apart The network was set up by the person who sold me the Vista HP laptop There is no problem with wireless internet connection with the Vista laptop on which I am sending this I was unable to log on to the internet yesterday Today when I logged on to the XP computer the icon in the tray said unable to connect to the Wireless Network and then later there was a red X against that connection in the Control Panel later that changed to limited or no connectivity but I still cannot connect to the Internet I have tried to do a repair via Windows diagnostic but it says Windows could not finish the repair contact the person who manages your network - I am the only person in charge of both computers nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

My computer just suddenly lost both LAN and wireless internet connection. It can detect other wireless networks within my area but not mine anymore, my other laptop and i phone can connect to my internet both wireless and wired. I have done everything suggested on Google to resolve this using various commands but still same problem, so I went ahead to format the system and re-install the OS hoping if it was a virus infection that might fix it, but still same problem.

I have connected my Dlink wireless router to another computer and entered its interface and can see a 192 class of IP address for all my devices including the faulty computer, but the faulty laptop doesn't get any lease and also its acquiring a 168 class of IP.

So over to the gurus, help me

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all

Lap-top (toshiba equium a100)PC running 32 Vista

I was helping a friend run C-Cleaner and superantispyware to speed up his PC. However, when we were promted to up-date AVG free anti virus software "we did" However, the computer froze and we did the if all else failed switch it on/off. "sorry we are not very computer literate and have minimal experience"

Following this we are unable to connect to the internet via wireless connection.

Initially, we were told we had isatap adapter #2 problems and followed various forums in an attempt to cure. We now have error message THE NETWORK ADAPTER "INTEL ® PRO/100 VE NETWORK CONNECTION is experiencing driver or hardware issues

Hope someone can help

A:Lost wireless/internet connection please help

WHat all did you do with CCleaner? Also have you tried reinstalling the network card driver?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452994/lost-wirelessinternet-connection-please-help/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I m doing some research for a friend wo has some problems with her internet She is in Spain for some weeks and lives in a flat share They have got WLAN in the house but as I understand it the thing is Wireless connection Connected/Web lost administrated Wireless Connected/Web connection lost by someone else Now she connects to the internet by a WLAN-Card in her Laptop and the connection is not always perfect but it always shows as connected to the Router Problem is Sometimes she can connect to the web too but at other times she s not able to She s got the feeling that it is better in the mornings and gets worse during the day interruptions after mins of connection or no internet at all Her flatmates have problems like that too but they are far not as extensive as hers I know there often are similar problems but here I got the additional problem that she won t be able to access the router for she s just a guest there I ll provide you with details on her hardware and software setup as soon as possible including ipconfig all and print route but I m not sure when I can since she won t be online very often for obvious reasons Until then I would be gratefull if you could tell me if you need any more Info and if you have a general Idea what is going on nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, recently I have been using my laptop downstairs where the router is in the same room, and now, when I attempt to connect to the network in my bedroom it connects for maybe a few seconds and indicates an average connection and I can also see other available networks before suddenly all connectivity is lost, I can't even see other available networks. Previously I would be able to get strong signal in my bedroom and I was able to use the internet without any fault.
I have tested a family member's laptop in my bedroom, and theirs seems to be working just fine in my room. I can only use my laptop downstairs now and I need to know if this is a fault with my laptop's network adapter or if it's a problem with connection between my laptop and the router.
It's getting pretty frustrating.

A:Lost Wireless Connection in one room.

Try updating your network adapter driver. If no updates are available, try reinstalling it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection-in-one-room.1014368/
Relevancy 59.34%

My Partner is a professor at a major university and conducts a consulting business from home We have old desktops and a new HP Pavilion notebook on our home wireless network The new notebook was set up by a University tech person and was functioning properly All printer wireless to connection Lost the Lost wireless connection to printer computers are linked to our older hp Laser Jet Lost wireless connection to printer PCL printer One day the notebook froze and when rebooted it had lost its connection to the printer I have done everything I know and followed numerous quot geek quot instructions to reconnect So far I have succeeded only in losing my own printer access on my old Dell Dimension desktop Prior to that however both old desktops were Lost wireless connection to printer printing even as the new notebook did not Connection to the Internet is fine and the signal strength from the new Belkin router is quot Excellent quot I am not tech savy but can do many things and follow clear instructions very well My experience with quot tech support quot from the University is a lot of wasted money and the problems remain I am taking steps to become responsible for the maintenance of our network In the meantime will anyone assist me please nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I have a computer network with 3 PCs and 1 with a wireless connection (Motorola). Yesterday, the connection to my wireless network was lost on my PC. It doesn't see the network at all. This has happened a couple of times before, so I didn't think much of it. usually, I just reset the modem and everything is fine, but this time, I reset the modem 3 times and reset the entire network once, and no change.

So last night, I went out and purchased a new wireless router (Dynex), then I was connected to the network and on the internet for about 2 minutes before the connected dropped again. Fixing this would be easier if I knew what the problem was. Does anyone know what needs to be done?

Relevancy 59.34%

System in question Aspire One D E Win starter Intel GB RAM GB HDD adapters Atheros AR PCI-E NDIS Broadcom n Hey all - connectivity issue here My sis has the above laptop For a year or better she has been wirelessly connected to her local network via a Linksys E router without issue Rather suddenly a couple of weeks back she found Lost laptop connection - wireless she had no connection There were no changes to this network that I'm aware of the users don't Lost wireless connection - laptop even know how to change settings online for said network Several available networks show up on the list hers and a couple of unsecured neighbors I believe Despite full bars for her local network clicking 'connect' has no visible effect Nothing happens Not like a Lost wireless connection - laptop 'failed to connect' or something similar just nothing I went through various steps such as - assured that fn F was not the issue wireless is enabled - power down wait and reboot the modem router and her laptop in that order - 'hard' reset router at power up to restore defaults - uninstalled network adapter s and reinstalled - with the company site's latest drivers - they installed and 'ready to use' appeared - ran the various fairly useless Windows network diagnostics which essentially told me I hadn't selected a network which I had repeatedly - Swapped out router completely with another with the same results - Took laptop here to a completely different network again with the same results - released renewed IP on laptop - reset TCP IP with 'netsh int ip reset resetlog txt' command The local networks I'm attempting to connect to are unsecured - no password required etc So any idea what I should try next My experience here is rather limited and I've run out of ideas Thanks much for any suggestions I'll attach the text results from 'ipconfig all' as well as a running screenshot of 'xirrus'

A:Lost wireless connection - laptop

From what little I know, the wireless adapter is not working. The ipconfig is also missing the DNS Servers line, which may be because of the malfunction. It may be the adapter has went bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275686-lost-wireless-connection-laptop.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I tried to set up networking with ethernet cable to my granddaughters laptop, and Iv'e lost one connection TP-Link PCI adapter I can still connect my laptop with a laptop adapter. So garage PC with Dynalink router then a Belkin wireless G router, laptop connecting OK then main PC with PCI adapter not connecting I have removed it disabled re fitted and set up its there but with no connectivity

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, can u help me i have lost my Wireless Network connection? When i connected buy hard wire i have no problem, but when i connect wireless then right click status is not hi lighted is my drivers missing.
hope u can help

Paul

A:Lost my Wireless Network connection

Need some additional info, what is the make and model of both your router and Modem. Also, open a command prompt and type the following without the quotes and paste the results back here, "ipconfig /all".

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/278289-lost-my-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I had successfully set up a wireless printer and it has been working fine until today. I had to change the name of my wireless network as well as change the channel. Now the printer connection to the network has been lost. How do I regain it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-printer-lost-connection-to-network.963348/
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm going nuts. My PC will not connect to my wired network, but it will connect to it wirelessly through an USB N adapter (I couldn't afford the downtime). This happened on another wired PC in my home about 5 months ago and I simply left that on the wireless connection but I would like the security of the wired for my main PC. A win 7 laptop plugged into the same outlet with the same cable works fine so I assume it has to be my NIC card, drivers or some setting. Where do I start?

A:Lost wired but not wireless connection to my network

Resetting your router would be the first course of action here. You will need to go back in to your routers set up page and make sure all the settings are correct after that or if you have a router configuration file handy it's easier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229236-lost-wired-but-not-wireless-connection-my-network.html
Relevancy 58.91%

We have bellsouth dsl. I recently got a versalink Westell router from bs. Desktop is ethernet and we have one wireless laptop. After a power blip (both computers restarted, but oven and cable box clocks didn't mess up) the laptop would not connect to network. I kept typing in the WEP key on properties, which was so long and it still wouldn't connect. I tried using the bellsouth disk to set up laptop and when I typed in serial number and went through various steps, I got message to recheck serial number (which of course I had typed in correctly). Then I restored laptop to a prior point-it had been running wireless for over a week, still not able to connect. Finally I disable the WEP on wired desktop and then laptop and it connected immediately. Not sure what to do next.

A:Lost wireless connection after power blip

Did you unplug the Westell router and modem for a minute or so, then reconnect them? You may also have to reconfigure the router if the configuration got scrambled by the power glitch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection-after-power-blip.479275/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a printer HP series on my wireless home network that has been working fine for a while now Three days ago I changed routers without incident to a recently purchased Netgear Super-G model and have been printing wirelessly without a hitch Then yesterday the wireless printer Lost connection on Solved: printer decided between print jobs to stop responding and I can t figure out why Here is what I ve observed so far When physically connected to a computer it prints fine from that computer When cabled to the router I can get into Solved: Lost wireless connection on printer the printer settings and change them if I want However all of the settings resident in the printer IP addresses connection type hostname default gateway network name channel authentication and encryption settings etc are correct The printer s indicator lights re connection to the network is lit and the signal strength bars reflect a strong signal When I disconnect the cable and go wireless the printer loses connection with the network I can t get it to print or access the settings from any of the three computers on my network I have rebooted all of the computers and the router more than once now and have turned off the printer several times I just don t get it I hadn t changed anything between print jobs and can t see anything wrong in the printer or router settings Any suggestions on what I m missing Or if I am in the wrong forum please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Lost wireless connection on printer

It's not unusual for this to happen with a computer, so I assume a printer will suffer it also.

My way of describing it is that the encryption between the router and device "gets out of sync."

Disable encryption on the router and connect the printer via wireless. Assuming success you should be able to re-enable encryption and reconnect (providing the key again to the printer).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-wireless-connection-on-printer.766055/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I wonder if you could help?

I recently lost all internet connections coming from our wireless router (Netgear WGTT624).
I initially thought I had lost all connections but I am now "wire connected" and it obviously works.

It seems the computer recognises the networks available locally, including ours but no signal seems to be coming through.
I have tried the whole "turn off the plugs and restart computer" thing, I have tried to disable/enable the connections but nothing seems to do it.

Using Toshiba and HP laptops
Broadband internet through Virgin Media (cable)
Wireless router netgear WGTT624

Can you help?
Many thanks in advance.

Marine

A:Wireless Connection Lost - netgear WGTT624

Hi:A couple of things we can look at.Let's see what if anything your laptop see's as it's wireless world.
Wifi test exe. Hint from Johnwill

Download and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspecto from
www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
on the problem machine. Post a screen shot of the main screen here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button
to upload it here.

Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.
Then let's see this.It will show us what your laptop sees as it's local network environment.

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

Then we might be able to suggest some thing to try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-lost-netgear-wgtt624.935442/
Relevancy 58.91%

My Dell Inspiron Lapton has been up and running on my wireless system for months One day when it was connected is simply lost its IP address It also would not connect via ethernet Over the last several weeks I have tried a variety of solutions to no avail Today I did gain back my ethernet - I don t know why Below is my configuration inFo Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Sandy gt connection computer Lost established on wireless ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Lost wireless connection on established computer DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - -CF-FB- B- Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - - -AF-B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday February P M Lease Expires Wednesday February PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - -D -BE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Sandy gt So where do I go from here nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Dear all I and both Lost network wireless wired connection. just joined this forum and with an urgent problem I have a laptop running win xp It was running fine this morning I then brought it to a Honda dealer The problem started there At first I got a strong wi-fi signal but not network connection I tried to repair by right clicking on wireless network icon on the lower-right corner The first time it seemed trying to do something but nothing helped The nd time Lost both wireless and wired network connection. when Lost both wireless and wired network connection. I tried to run repair the process hang and the machine could not be rebooted or shut off I have to hold the power key for a few seconds to turn it off Now I am at home using another computer to post this message which indicates my home lan and my router are working fine But my laptop still has no connections - neither wired or wireless A few screen shots are attached here for your review Many thanks in advance for the help nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I'm connecting a Netgear wireless PCI NIC to a D-Link wireless router. For the most part it works fine, but if I leave my computer for more than a few minutes, I will lose my Internet connection (but not my connection to the router). Repairing it will fix it, but I will lose it again if I stop using it for just a few minutes. The really strange part is that I have Trillian running all the time, and it's always using the connection, so it's not like it's idle.

I have power save disabled on the NIC, but I'm not too familiar with the other settings. The computer that is hardwired into the router does not have this problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This isn't a large problem, but it's getting annoying.

Relevancy 58.91%

I have previously set up a wireless printer on my network which contains three Pc's and the wirless printer. All was fine until today when, due to some connection issues and speed of network, I changed the name of my network router as well as the channel it is on. Since doing that the wireless printer will not print. Do I need to reinstall in or how can I get the printer to reconect to the new network?

A:wireless printer lost connection to network

You get it to connect to the new network the same way you got it to connect to the previous one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-printer-lost-connection-to-network.963349/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello my wife has a strange problem with her HP ProBook s laptop running Windows Professional We recently got a new Linksys E wifi router which started the problems The laptop can see the wireless networks there are two wireless networks since it's a GHz GHz dual band router and even connect to any of the two networks It also gets an IP address from the DHCP server and the Internet connection starts working for a very short period - seconds Internet seconds Wireless lost a few after connection Then the connection is lost and though it occasionally returns the computer is unable to access Internet most of the time Apparently it doesn't even get to the gateway If I ping to the router's IP address there's no response except for during the first few seconds after establishing the connection --- CONSOLE --- gt C Users Martina gt ping -n P kaz PING na - bajt dat Odpov od bajty as Wireless Internet connection lost after a few seconds ms TTL Odpov od bajty as ms TTL Odpov od bajty as ms TTL Odpov od bajty as ms TTL Odpov od bajty as ms TTL Odpov od Wireless Internet connection lost after a few seconds bajty as ms TTL Vypr el asov limit dosti Vypr el asov limit dosti lt --- CONSOLE --- Apologies for the Czech locale but I guess you get the idea the last two lines are something like quot no response from host quot This behavior is absolutely consistent and can be observed each time one connects to the Linksys router from this laptop Nothing I have tried has helped The list includes rebooting the laptop rebooting the router disabling one of the two wireless networks on the router trying out various encryption settings open wep wpa changing channels disabling enabling b g n modes disabling firewall on the laptop disabling ESET antivirus reinstalling the wireless adapter driver I could go on I've been struggling with this for three nights and I'm getting desperate There are three other laptops one Mac two Windows PCs connecting to the router without any problems Strangely enough the laptop only has this problem with the new Linksys router It can connect to Internet via our old Airport Express wifi router without any problems It can also connect to Internet via the Linksys router with an ethernet cable One thing I have discovered is that rebooting the laptop in a safe mode with network enabled FIXES THE PROBLEM However when I boot back to the normal mode even when disabling all startup items and all services except for those needed for networking the problem is back Any ideas Thank you Jan

A:Wireless Internet connection lost after a few seconds

Is Windows managing your wireless network or some other app? I would suggest changing to let Windows manage it. Not sure how you do this but there should be an option in program that is controlling the wireless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210614-wireless-internet-connection-lost-after-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 58.91%

The wireless on HP Pavillion ZV worked fine until it stopped a few days ago Ipconfig shows media disconnected Pinging the router shows destination host unreachable I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the broadcom nic from device manager with no results Wireless zero config is on in services The wireless icon shows the router at It shows disconnected when trying to connect with the proper password as well as when encryption is disabled Windows firewall is turned off I used winsockfix Solved: wireless suddenly connection lost as well as netsh int ip reset rest log and netsh winsock reset catalog with no results I tried networking in safe mode and it said winsock errors I Solved: suddenly lost wireless connection used restore to go back Solved: suddenly lost wireless connection to when it worked but now it doesn t with same ipconfig media disconnected error The router works as my mother Solved: suddenly lost wireless connection who lives next door can get the internet wirelessly I bought a new wireless usb adapter disabled the onboard one and still get the media disconnected error The new adapter s utility picks up the router but can t connect I feel like I m missing something simple Please help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hey, so I just recently built this PC with built in WiFi and I have been experienceing some trouble. I will randomly lose internet connection while on my PC, sometimes while gaming and other times while just browsing the internet. I have updated all my drivers for the router and built in wireless. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Is this a wired or wireless connection issue? WIRELESS

2. Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)? COX COMMUNICATIONS

3. What type of Broadband connection are you using? CABLE

4. What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem, Router or Modem/Router Combo -
MODEM: MOTOROLA SB5101N ROUTER: APPLE AIRPORT EXTREME

5. What is the Name of the Anti-Virus, Security or Firewall Software installed from the problematic computer - AVG

A:Wireless Internet Connection Randomly Lost.

Hi there,

Thanks for all the info that you've provided quite helpful. The ipconfig/all output and Xirrus snip looks good.

Are there any other heavy data users in your household? Perhaps heavy gamers or video streamers? How about any small electronic devices (i.e. cell phones, stereo speakers, etc.) near your computer that might be causing interference?

Can you please post your Speedtest?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/320188-wireless-internet-connection-randomly-lost.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am running a Dell PC, with Vista.

The issue is that I have suddenly lost wireless connection. I switched the PC on yesterday, and it started running a lot of script before a message about corrupted files showed up. When the start page opened, a WLAN message popped up, and when I tried to connect to the internet, no networks showed up.

I tried running a system restore, but couldn't go back to the point where things worked. I then reinstalled Vista, but that hasn't made any difference. When I try to connect to the net, I now get a message saying "this computer does not have a wireless network configured". Wireless networks also still don't show up.

It may be due to my installing new antivirus software earlier this week, and not deleting the existing package.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Relevancy 58.91%

I have an MSI laptop..model M662
( http://www.msi-computer.ca/product_info.php?cPath=63_68&products_id=218 )

And a SMC router. A few hours ago, my laptop was connected to the internet and working fine. I accidentally diabled the wireless conection while trying to do something else, and now i can't reconnect it.

It says the laptop is on the network but with "limited to no connection" and when i try to fix this, it sometimes tells me that it cannot assign a network address or that it cannot renew my IP address.

Help, please?

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I am experiencing a problem when I access sites which use java. Both sites are used for email. I can access the sites but after trying to move around the wireless connection will be lost. I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router and I am using a Linksys Wireless G usb adapter. During these outages, my Compaq laptop with internal wireless adapter also loses it ability to connect to the network and Internet. The main site is my wife's email for work and it really is a nuisance when it goes down like that. Any thoughts on why this happens. I have searched all over for suggestions but nothing is linking the wireless and java together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-causing-lost-wireless-connection.693535/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
My HP laptop running Vista all of a sudden cannot connect to my network, when it was working fine before? I get a error saying it has a conflict with the ip being the same as another computer on the network? It was working great before, I don't know what could have happened. How do I assign a new ip to the laptop? Or is there another way to fix this?
Thanks
Rayslic

A:Vista laptop lost wireless connection?

What is your network? Wireless, wired, router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-laptop-lost-wireless-connection.561804/
Relevancy 58.91%

On my Acer Netbook, I am not able to connect to the internet using the wireless function.

The system says that it is connected wirelessly however it's like something is being blocked.
I am picking up my network and tried to disconnect and re connect no luck.
I disable and enable same results
I ran the repair feature but got the same results.

I am able to connect using a network cable

Wireless device: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter

I've checked all protocols the Wired and Wireless settings are all the same.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 58.91%

With Windows XP I use a Linksys WRT G router to link with other computers using Linksys WMP G PCI Adapters One of the remote computers works fine but on the other I have lost Internet connection So far I ve updated the firmware on the router Refreshed the IP address on the remote computer Turned-off my firewall software Zone Alarm on all computers Re-started the Wireless Zero Configuration Re-installed the software on the remote computer Re-installed the PCI card Confirmed the remote is using the right wireless connection Internet Solved: Lost Channel and encryption code Ran quot netsh winsock reset catalog Ran quot ipconfig flushdns quot and got the message Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache Function failed during execution quot I can successfully ping the remote computer and the remote can successfully ping me But when I attempt to ping an Internet site the computer can not find the host site When launching the browser -- have tried FireFox and IE -- get message saying server can t be found If helpful IE s Network Diagnostic tool produced the attached log Your suggestions will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I have an old Dell PC Wireless to time from network lost timie connection that I Wireless network connection lost from time to timie use mainly as a file server in a wireless home network but it also runs some network services including a Subversion server It runs Win XP all updates and has been working just fine for several months However the last few weeks Wireless network connection lost from time to timie it has started dropping out Wireless network connection lost from time to timie of the network every now and then Sometimes this happens several times a day other times there are many days between each dropout Symptoms The other machines in the network can t connect to or ping the server ipconfig on the server reports quot Media State Media Disconnected quot The connection shows up with a red cross on it The wireless network configuration tool is constantly searching for a network but does not find one Performing a quot Repair quot on the connection fixes the problem Because of the last sentence one might think that this is not a big problem but it really is Since I use this as a server I really need it to be up and running at all times especially when I m travelling Futhermore I have the box placed in a closet usually with no screen keyboard or mouse attached So usually I have to reset the machine to get it back on track Not a good solution I have tried replacing the network card but that didn t help It is currently using a Netgear WG v My router is an SMC Barricade G SMC WBR Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-lost-from-time-to-timie.356843/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello again.

Found out MBAM and MSE hadn't been running for well over a month on my laptop, and reactivated them. To my modest surprise, MBAM found two rootkits on my computer. I had it delete them and, after a while, restarted my computer. When it finished rebooting, it was unable to get internet access. It goes to Identifying, it connects to the network, but doesn't get internet access. I tried restarting the routers and my computer but to no avail. Diagnose doesn't help, it comes up with "couldn't identify". MBAM and MSE both report no viruses of any kind.

A:Lost wireless connection after MBAM removed rootkits

Do You reinstall network drivers?
Probably, when MBAM remove infected drivers, remove or corrupt property network drivers.
Solution:
- Remove and clean install drivers for network device.
- Full scan AV software. Remove MSE. Install Norton/ESET software. Your choice.
- If something disturbing, write a new topic in the section dealing with the analysis of logs. Wait for the opinion of specialists from log analysis.
Mbam he could not cope with the removal of the infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461057/lost-wireless-connection-after-mbam-removed-rootkits/
Relevancy 58.05%

As the subject says...it's an Acer Aspire One (8.9mini). I assumed it was a power scheme issue. Went to support website which mentions ePower Management (which would override Windows XP power schemes) but that's not installed on this machine. Tried Windows XP power schemes but no option for wireless lan (on or off based on power). Lan light functions the same (solid yellow) when plugged or unplugged. What could be causing problem or where is option to change setting? Thank you!

A:Wireless Internet Connection Lost only when AC adapter unplugged

Check this out: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=311389

I pulled this from the link above: "Go into System Properties, Hardware, Device Manager. Then go into Network Adapters, right click Atheros Wireless Network Adapter and choose Properties. In properties go to the Advanced tab, click on Power Save Mode and turn it off! No more issues since I turned it off and it even reactivated my wifi! I have not tried/tested the Normal setting yet, but it may also work. Apparently the power save feature of the network card glitches out and you can disable that useless feature."

I would advise assessing your situation before you so this...make sure you read the entire thread...good luck and welcome to TSG!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-lost-only-when-ac-adapter-unplugged.828207/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have had this asus h wireless asus after connection lost 1000h recovery for months- all worked great Till days ago when I lost bluetooth and usb internet sharing with my blackjack And it wouldn asus 1000h lost wireless connection after recovery t wake up after hibernating Regular wireless was fine Then I tried repairing registry errors with share free ware program- st time to use it my computer froze on black screen I shut down with power button- and it wouldn t reboot Tried again and I got error message- restart in safe mode--regular mode- or back to a known working point Since I didn t know what the problem was I restarted in Normal mode- the message I got was There wasn t a fat system detected so nothing could work I m paraphrasing and trying to remember What I saw So I took the opportunity to upgrade with Gb ram and Gb hard drive Bios recognized ram upgrade as over MB detected And hard drive was partitioned to Gb and Gb not exactly adding up to this was after new install So I used the recovery disc to reinstall the default settings to the new hard drive So far everything seems to work except the wireless connection I pow wowed with opt on line support--nothing is wrong on their end I can connect with the router with bars but states little or no conectivity When I hit repair connection I get can t renew IP address I tried releasing IP address from computer and unpluging modem and router reconnecting and repairing didn t work Any Ideas PS -- My old hard drive is in external enclosure connects to computer and I can see all my old info but can t transfer it to new hard drive with installable files I can copy files but they won t work Help My ignorance is no excuse but I don t know what else to google or research Thanks for your time in reading this lengthy post KGS--PPS--OS is windows xp serv pack --I also tried to install mandriva via ext drive- got as far as installing linux kernal but then windows boots up and mandriva is gone Thanks nbsp

A:asus 1000h lost wireless connection after recovery

First off, your amorphous blob of text is impossible to read!

From what I can glean from the post, you can't connect wirelessly?

My top suspect here is the fact that the router is probably encrypted and you are not entering the correct encryption key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-1000h-lost-wireless-connection-after-recovery.778604/
Relevancy 58.05%

Just before Thanksgiving my machine picked up infection/lost connection wireless Application.NirCmd a virus that I haven't been able to get rid of It shows up Application.NirCmd infection/lost wireless connection on a Spyware Dr scan as application nirCmd but Spyware Dr is Application.NirCmd infection/lost wireless connection unable to clean it from my machine Malware Bytes doesn't pick it up at all Somewhere in Application.NirCmd infection/lost wireless connection my efforts to rid my machine of the infection I lost my wireless connection Not sure if it was me or the virus that caused it I am running Windows XP use Avast for antivirus Spyware Dr for spyware and also run Online Armor for my firewall The wireless is Broadcom b g wireless lan When I look at the properties it says the radio is disabled even when I have checked the 'enable radio' button Here is my RSIT log Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Sarah Rose at - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GBTotal RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor OAcat exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oasrv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system acs exeC Acer eManager anbmServ exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Common Files FotoNation EvLstnr exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS system hphmon exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC WINDOWS Logi MwX ExeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS SQ STI EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oaui exeC Program Files Atheros ACU exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor OAhlp exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeC Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exeC WINDOWS System vssvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Sarah Rose Desktop RSIT exeC Program Files trend micro Sarah Rose exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www webdurango com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer ftp localhost http localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Fil... Read more

A:Application.NirCmd infection/lost wireless connection

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277586/applicationnircmd-infectionlost-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 58.05%

Good morning

I dont know if anyone can help. I have recently upgraded my Compaq C700 from Vista Home Basic to Vista Business due to several issues with slow processing speed and issues with booting. Vista Businesss seems to be working fine and a vast improvement, however, unfortunately the wireless connection no longer works.

The button on the keyboard remains orange. I have looked under device manager and under networks it is showing two unknown devices. On wireless network search, it is showing on broadband LAN connections and no wireless options. If I click on wireless options, I get the message that the wireless adapter is not installed and configured.

I have downloaded a programme called Driver Robot which claims to note that the wireless adapter is missing and provides the driver. However, this does not seem to install on download.

Any assistance much appreciated.

A:Compaq C700 lost wireless adapter connection

Have a look here Compaq Presario C700 Notebook PC series*-* Download drivers and software - specify product name - HP Business Support Center

You have not stated if it is 32 or 64bit that you are using so I can not give you more help.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/242214-compaq-c700-lost-wireless-adapter-connection.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Getting sooooo fed up with this and in need of rescue Can anyone help with my Vaio Vista Biz OS bit SP that can t connect to my Orange livebox WEP anymore Wireless connection has been fine till about a month ago when my ZoneAlarm antivirus security went wierd ZA advised me to un reinstall software which gave me a true vector nightmare and now it s eventually reinstalled it s bye-bye wireless connection I can connect Lost wireless it Alarm's Vista doing? - or is Zone connection the Vaio via ethernet and my Toshiba XP can connect fine via wireless so I know the box is fine Orange tell me it s the laptop and go to PC World mmmmm The message I get is page can t display and when I run the diagnostic it says there s a network adapter problem I ve checked amp the drivers are up-to-date Intel Pro Wireless ABG When I m on ethernet it keeps crashing saying explorer has stopped Lost wireless connection - is it Vista or Zone Alarm's doing? working then explorer is restarting but then doesn t PLUS it s dead slow PLUS I keep getting RUNDELL message PLUS the page keeps fading out and back again bit like me while I m in bloody any programme really - including when I m on the internet Sorry to babble but there s a lot going wrong here and I don t know nothing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection-is-it-vista-or-zone-alarms-doing.825431/
Relevancy 58.05%

All of a sudden my Windows 7 (64) machine lost internet connectivity. Nothing new was installed; no changes were made. It just lost connection. My Vista machine still connects fine. I'm scratching my head over this one. I reset the router and tried Windows troubleshooting services to no avail.

A:Good wireless connection but lost internet access

Downloadmini toolboxCheckmark following boxes: Flush DNSReport IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466327/good-wireless-connection-but-lost-internet-access/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I ve just got a new laptop Dell Inspiron Celeron Dual to XP from Vista lost have connection, network I wireless Switching help please! Core T Dell Wireless Vista SP Home Basic with Media Not liking Vista I Switching from Vista to XP I have lost wireless network connection, help please! decided to re-install my old Windows XP Home Edition SP I Switching from Vista to XP I have lost wireless network connection, help please! had already set up the Wireless connection so I went online and got information on how to install this new OS whilst keeping the Vista one on the same HD I Switching from Vista to XP I have lost wireless network connection, help please! set up a new partition installed XP and now can t access Vista or get any wireless I ve tried going into Network Connections but I don t have a wireless connection icon there s no choice for searching for local wireless connections amp I m completely flummoxed I was using this post - http www howtogeek com howto wind on-your-pre-installed-windows-vista-computer - to boot into XP and the next stage to enable booting into Vista requires I download VistaBootPro Anyway I ve tried to find out how to restore my wireless - I ve re-installed the XP System Software which was for an earlier Dell Inspiron model btw tried installing the ISP Eurotools system software as well I have tried to set up a new network connection etc but obviously what I really need is for my laptop to detect the available wireless connections so I can re-join the wireless network we use throughout the house I m currently borrowing my dad s laptop and am really hoping someone will know how I can fix this problem Also please note that I m mostly a novice at computers so I d really appreciate step by step instructions on how to correct this hopeful nbsp

A:Switching from Vista to XP I have lost wireless network connection, help please!

Have you looked in Device Manager to see if any drivers are missing?

Here are the XP drivers for that model of Dell
http://support.dell.com/support/dow...D=INSPIRON1545&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex=
Installing drivers in the correct order is very important on a Dell, see this article.

http://support.dell.com/support/top...2C6D57&docid=3690A8CC21FAF290E040A68F5B281A12

If you installed them in another order, you are best to reinstall XP clean and install drivers in the correct order.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switching-from-vista-to-xp-i-have-lost-wireless-network-connection-help-please.849474/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all I'm new here and I'm having a problem with WinXP SP I installed Service Pack on a clean system and now I cannot connect to the internet I am using a Linksys WUSB b adapter and had been able to connect to my WAP before I installed Service Pack Now that SP is installed windows will not detect the wireless connection and therefore I cannot connect To insure beyond the obvious indication of timing that this was indeed SP 's fault I installed SP on a second system that had internet connectivity through wireless w o SP Again after installing SP I have the same problem A balloon pops up saying that there are one or more wireless connections available and that I should click it to connect Lost 2 Service Installing Connection After Pack Wireless to one of them but when I do so no connections are visible no available wireless connections detected it says Why does SP mess up my wireless connectivity Is this fixable SP is no longer supported by MS and I want the security benefits of SP but those benefits shouldn't include no internet connection Thank you in advance ---DigiO

A:Lost Wireless Connection After Installing Service Pack 2

Hello,

Heres a few things to try

Open the TCP/IP properties of the wireless connection, Advanced button,
Options tab, TCP/IP filtering button, check that the ports/protocols are
"Permit All". If they are "Permit Only", it will kill the connection.
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/netwo...pict17147.html

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset [log_file_name]

Note: the log_file_name needs to be specified, e.g. netsh int ip reset reset.log
(credits:Johnwill)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-wireless-connection-after-installing-service-pack-2-a-149312.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Sent for a set of Sennheiser 280HD Pro headphones,
came in today.

Discovered on reading the manual that these are
300 ohms impedance while the "normal" seems to
be 64 ohms.

What's the significance, what if anything will this do
to the functionality?

Can I use them with my Win XP and with my tv?

This little item wasn't mentioned in the advertisement.
Did I get sold something I can't use?

BTW - my tv doesn't have a typical jack to receive the
small plug - nor does my VCR. How to hook them up?

Thanks!

A:Significance of impedance in headphones?

The difference between 64ohm and 300ohm headphones is the volume will be slightly lower at any given volume setting at 300ohms than it would be at 64ohms. This is because 300 ohms has more resistance than 64 ohms and thus 300 ohms resists more current than does 64 ohms.

This shouldn`t cause any significant problems and may actually be a good thing, Since there is less load on the amplifier, it is less likely to clip(distort).

Higher grade headphones tend to have higher ohms. Your headphones are typical of the pro series of headphones.

Your Sennheiser 280HD Pro headphones, are very good and should give you good quality sound, obviously depending on the source.

I don`t think you`ve anything to worry about.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/significance-of-impedance-in-headphones.61240/
Relevancy 57.62%

All, I use a speadstream wireless router/modem to connect a generic pc (big yellow cable) and a wireless laptop for home. everything was going well until I decided I wanted to 'print' from my laptop, using the existing WiFi. I am not sure what I deleted or how ( ok I know how) but this is what I have now. Device manager tells me I no longer have pci modem driver. I attempted to re-instal etc and its gone...I went to the Acer UK site and tried to download the driver...didn't work. I am asking for help to regain the driver first, the other nonsence can wait
"Regis I would like to use a lifeline.............

jumper

A:lost home wireless connection aspire 3610 notebook

printing/wifi....what did you delete.

KNOWING, NOT TELLING DOESN'T HELP.

pci modem driver is for a dialup account and shouldn't affect printing/wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-home-wireless-connection-aspire-3610-notebook.644274/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone,

Right now I have 2 routers, wireless (192.168.1.1) one that is connected to internet and a normal wired (192.168.3.1) one connected to local network.

When I have the wirless connected with the wired one unplugged, I can gain access to the internet.

The minute I plug in the wired one to access the local network, the wireless one still shows connected but the internet connection is lost ONLY on my PC. Other people connected to the wireless can still connect to the internet no problem.

I am running on Windows Vista Business 32bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Wireless internet connection is lost when I connect to a wired router

Any ideas? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-is-lost-when-i-connect-to-a-wired-router.670867/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello there Please bear with me as I'm new here and I'm internet network Laptop connection, find cannot wireless has lost honestly not super tech-savvy I'm seeking help because my laptop seems to have spontaneously lost the ability to connect to or even detect my home network internet connection Details about the laptop and OS are towards the end of this post When I open Chrome I get the error message quot Unable to connect to the internet quot When I Laptop has lost wireless internet connection, cannot find network click on the usual icon that I'd use to locate my home network I Laptop has lost wireless internet connection, cannot find network see quot Currently connected to Unidentified network No network access quot My network does not show up There is a link for quot Open Network and Sharing Center quot I attached a screen shot of what I see when I click on that link Clicking on the quot Connect to a network quot option leads me right back to quot Laptop has lost wireless internet connection, cannot find network Currently connected to Unidentified network No network access quot with a link to open the Network and Sharing Center I can't get the laptop to find my home network no matter which choice I try I got out my old HP laptop which has wireless for troubleshooting purposes It immediately found my home network and accessed the internet without any problems So I it would seem there are no issues with my modem and or router I suspect I've just done something dumb in the laptop settings I once accidentally turned off all sound for internet websites and couldn't restore it until a friend came to troubleshoot so this scenario does not seem unlikely Also in case it provides any clues I can tell you when the problem started My laptop started grousing at me about an IP address conflict I ignored it and kept closing the error box I wasn't using it for internet when that happened Then about a couple weeks ago my desktop PC i e my command central told me it couldn't access the internet due to an IP address conflict I depend on internet access for work and school so in a panic I disconnected the laptop from the internet hoping it would fix the problem How did I do that I'm not sure I even recall I think I just did some right-clicking on the quot connected to the internet quot icon at the bottom right and then chose quot disconnect quot But I might have done more than that Maybe disabled wireless That did not fix the problem so I placed an emergency call to a tech-savvy friend who said I should unplug my router and then plug it back in PRESTO I had internet on my desktop PC again But I've not had internet on my laptop since then Any hints or troubleshooting advice would be sincerely appreciated I started to include the information from the introductory quot Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread quot post below but then thought it best simply to post my question before getting out a flashlight to locate router and modem model numbers as I doubt there is anything wrong with either of them However should you need this information I would be most happy to provide it Thank you so much Danielle Specs I have an Acer Aspire V - - laptop Pretty much anything you'd want to know about the specs on it can be found at the link below you can scroll down a bit for the specifics The only difference is that I had Windows taken off and replaced with Windows Home Premium -bit Amazon com Acer Aspire V - - -Inch Laptop Silky Silver Computers amp Accessories My service provider is Comcast cable my antivirus is Norton Security Suite and I have ABP Popup Blocker installed This is where I sorta trailed off and decided simply to post my question before continuing

A:Laptop has lost wireless internet connection, cannot find network

Quote: Originally Posted by drudder

~~~
But I might have done more than that. Maybe disabled wireless...?)
~~~

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Press and hold the Fn key...
...then press F2.
...release both keys.

See if your wireless network shows when you mouse over the network icon by the clock.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325755-laptop-has-lost-wireless-internet-connection-cannot-find-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have been looking for help on this for days. I had a wireless connection Cisco Linksys router) until I ran the Norton Registry cleaner. A "friend" had told me that she runs it once a week. I wish I would not have listened but was having trouble with my DVD/CD player giving me the BSOD so thought it might help - WRONG! Now the only way I can connect to the internet is via connected cable. Our other laptop seems to be connecting fine wirelessly. I have an XP SP3 OS, Dell 9300 Inspiron, & have no backups - the ones I had I must have done wrong so couldn't run a system restore. Can you help me with this or is it hopeless?

Thanks,

A:Solved: Wireless connection lost after running Norton Registry Cleaner

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-lost-after-running-norton-registry-cleaner.968970/
Relevancy 52.89%

I think I know the solution but I thought I'd run it by you guys...

I have a PC with two NICs - each with it's own V4 ip address on two separate networks. The PC exchanges information on the internet with one card and shares files on a local network with the other.

The PC will run for a few days with an internet connection then the connection will stop. Both networks have an internet gateway through a router onto separate internet service providers.

The question is: How do I prevent the loss of an Internet connection on this PC? I do not need two ways to access the internet on it.

I suspect the solution is to either remove the NIC's gateway address setup on the local file-sharing network or program the file-sharing network router to block internet access to/from that PC. Or possibly both.

Am I on the right track??

A:Problem with two NICs - internet connection lost

Correct, you remove the Default Gateway and DNS Server addresses from the interface that you don't want to try to connect to the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-two-nics-internet-connection-lost.850842/
Relevancy 52.46%

I ve had very few computer problems over the years but lately I ve been hit connection Sudden to Shutdown??!! Solved: wireless trying lost "repair" with a couple doozies I m returning to TechGuy because of the fantastic support given during my last issue http forums techguy org security -solved-search-engine-redirect-help html Thanks again to CyberTech ok but here s what s going on now My internet connection has been spotty due to the number of obstructions and distance from my Wireless Router but when it works it works great In the past if I lost my connect I simply would right click on the little icon in the System Tray and click quot Repair quot This would usually do the trick Occasionally I have to reset my modem and router to restore the connection For the past couple days when I click on quot Repair quot my computer suddenly and without warning shuts completely off and restarts I loose any work that I happen to have open and the system runs a DiskChk due to the sudden shut down There are a number of things that show up on the Blue Start Up Screen but it all Solved: Sudden Shutdown??!! trying to "repair" lost wireless connection flies by so fast even if I could read it I would have no idea what to make of it Would there be a setting that tells the system to Shut down upon running quot Repair quot that would seem a little excessive Hoping someone out there has some ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Sudden Shutdown??!! trying to "repair" lost wireless connection

Let's just try a stack repair to see if that helps.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sudden-shutdown-trying-to-repair-lost-wireless-connection.579069/
Relevancy 52.03%

Last night i was changing some settings of my router(linksys WRT54G) trying to assign a gaming console a static ip. I thought i had succeeded and everything was working fine. 12 hours later, it appears everything can no longer connect. all the regular lights of the router are on, but my desktop pc and my wireless laptop seem unable to connect, though both connect if i remove the router, and just connect to the modem via ethernet. Anyone have any advice on where i should start? thank you in Advance.

Relevancy 52.03%

Please help me..lost my wireless connection in my "vista" laptop and I have tried everything that I know but this is not much - cheers

Relevancy 49.88%

Just got a new laptop and connection was working great till today when I have got a limited connectivity problem. Using vista home.

Any help on how to fix this problem?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
I have an acer aspire laptop running windows xp home edition and a Baudtech router. Another laptop here connects fine to the router through wireless connection but the acer laptop have the following problem. Also the acer laptop connects fine to another wireless network.

The router assigns ip addreses on the range 192.168.1.x but when i connect from the acer laptop the ip address assigned to it is 192.168.2.100 and gateway 192.168.2.1. The result is that although windows show that the connection have been established succesfully, the laptop has no connection either to the internet or the LAN including the router.
Any ideas about the problem and any solutions appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

pc: the problem is propably related to the wireless network card because the computer connects correctly with ethernet cable with the same router.

A:wireless connection problem

What is the router ip address?

Also, click START, RUN, type "CMD" <enter>

In command prompt, type "ipconfig /all" and post the results.

Has this always been happening or did it occur recently after any discernible event(s)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-problem.711416/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys
have some problem to connect to a wireless network,
the machine: Acer aspire (laptop)

when click on the icon at the task bar shwoing me it's connected, but receiving signals are so low and sent points about 70 - 90,
is there any problem with the machine? or with the internet service provider?
regards

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi All,

I'm having a problem connecting a Mac wirelessly to an Orange Livebox (UK Internet provision). When I connect via ethernet cable internet works fine, but when I try wirelessly it states 'the selected AirPort network requires a password to join' (WPA Personal).

I've tried every password I can think of or been provided with WEP key etc, and personal log on passwords, but to no avail. I get a message stating 'The selected network uses an Access Control List to restrict access and this computer is not on the list.' I've tried looking in the Orange Livebox configuration settings for the Access Control List, but I can't find anything there.

Any advice appreciated.

A:Mac wireless connection problem

You might try the Livebox configuration and search for anything referring to MAC address blocking/filter. It sounds like this may be enabled. You would have to enter the wireless cards MAC address (12 figure, alpha/numeric) or you could disable MAC address blocking. In my linksysy router this is listed under Wireless, Wireless MAC Filter. If the Livebox is anything at all like my router, you should have SSID broadcast enable, WEP/WPA encrypt entered in wireless setup and wireless card MAC address entered in Livebox configuration (or not if you disable the MAC filtering). I have (1) Apple laptop with Airport wireless on my network along with (6) other PC/Laptops (3 hardwired/3-wireless). Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-wireless-connection-problem.495152/
Relevancy 49.88%

Okay so I've read around the forums and noticed that a lot of people have had a lot of problems regarding wireless connectivity - most of which were related to drivers well I've got a problem too but I don't think it's my driver As a note I'm not using the one provided with the Windows install it didn't seem to work instead using a driver I got online with Vista Some quick with problem wireless connection... Odd info Odd problem with wireless connection... I am running both Vista and Windows on one computer - dual booting between the two The wireless adapter works in Vista but not in Windows I'm using a Linksys WUSB G Ver USB wireless adapter - It worked in XP it works in Vista but it doesn't seem to work in Windows At Odd problem with wireless connection... first I had a driver problem but quickly fixed that by following some advice in this forum In my device manager the adapter appears does not have a exclamation point or etc and when I check the properties it says quot The device is working properly quot That said when I check for any wireless signals I don't see any in Vista I can see my own and my neighbors I've tried manually adding the network with all its info SSN WPA- Personal and the key but to no avail When I rightclick and say to check for solutions it tells me to make sure to flip the switch on the side of my computer or use the function keys to turn on the adapter as if I were using a laptop I've tried unplugging replugging the adapter in full restarts turning off the powersaving thing where it may turn off the adapter all with no luck If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate the assistance Once again I believe I have a working driver but if someone has the same device and it works then feel free to point me in the direction of the driver you have and I'll test that one out just in case

A:Odd problem with wireless connection...

Quote: Originally Posted by dchaosblade

Okay, so I've read around the forums and noticed that a lot of people have had a lot of problems regarding wireless connectivity - most of which were related to drivers...well, I've got a problem too, but I don't think it's my driver... As a note, I'm not using the one provided with the Windows 7 install (it didn't seem to work), instead using a driver I got online with Vista.

Some quick info: I am running both Vista and Windows 7 on one computer - dual booting between the two. The wireless adapter works in Vista but not in Windows 7.

I'm using a Linksys WUSB54G Ver.4 USB wireless adapter - It worked in XP, it works in Vista, but it doesn't seem to work in Windows 7. At first I had a driver problem, but quickly fixed that by following some advice in this forum. In my device manager the adapter appears, does not have a exclamation point or etc, and when I check the properties, it says "The device is working properly".
That said, when I check for any wireless signals, I don't see any (in Vista, I can see 2: my own and my neighbors). I've tried manually adding the network with all its info (SSN, WPA-2 Personal, and the key) but to no avail. When I rightclick and say to check for solutions it tells me to make sure to flip the switch on the side of my computer or use the function keys to turn on the adapter (as if I were using a laptop).

I've tried unplugging/replugging the adapter in, full restarts, turning off the powersaving thing where it may turn off the adapter, all with no luck. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the assistance.

Once again, I believe I have a working driver, but if someone has the same device and it works then feel free to point me in the direction of the driver you have and I'll test that one out just in case...

I had similar problems. Downloaded these drivers. All ok now.
Netgear WG111v2 beta driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2627-odd-problem-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have had a few small issues with Windows 10 home, but this has got to be the most annoying, Our home is on a router and a Uverse connection, It has been steady and never goes down. Today I noticed that my windows updated , and then the connection went bonkers, on off on off a million times. I rebooted several times to have the same problem.
I turned off the router for a few minutes and it still stayed off with the network troubleshooter telling me there is no connection, when there is. what can I do when I checked the adapter and everything. Please advise as my uploads to my site are greatly compromised.

Thank you

A:Problem with wireless connection

I had a problem like this in Windows 7, but got worse in Windows 10. We had to replace our router but I don't think you want to do that now. For now though, you can change your wireless settings to use a different channel. Do this by going into your router settings which are usually 192.168.1.254 in your browser settings and then look for the wireless channel setting under the Wifi or wireless tab.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586601/problem-with-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to connect a laptop that I just got to my wireless network and after I put in network name and go to input password it will not let me use alphabetical keys but will let me use numerical keys. can anyone help with this problem? it does see network and it shows good strength

Dell Precision M90
Intell PROSet/wireless WIFI Connection Utility

Relevancy 49.88%

I am using a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop with Windows XP at work.

At work I work with a hearing impaired 8th grader and we have our laptops connected wirelessly with an Ad Hoc computer to computer wireless connection.

School began yesterday and we found that although we were able to connect our laptops initially that once connected apparent interference from other school network traffic caused us to repeatedly lose our wireless connection.

Are there any steps we can take to help eliminate the problem of losing our wireless connection?

Thank you for you input.

Jungian

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346220/problem-with-ad-hoc-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 49.88%

Dell Inspiron E1505 Win OS: XP Professional

This laptop is part of a home network set up with Dell Dimension 8400 PC OS: Win XP Home supported by AT&T DSL and Linksys WRT54G2 VI router.

Until yesterday (Dec 1st) experienced no problem with connectivity. Now it fails to connect. The icon displays a red X.

Went through diagnostics and followed suggested steps. Tried restore point Dec 1st. Problem remains unresolved.

The main set up with Linksys router is functioning normally. When I pulled the cable from the PC and plugged it into the laptop it connected. And there are three other laptops in the network (on ground level of the premises) that remain unaffected.

My knowledge is limited. Kindly assist.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have a NetGear router that I use for my home network It has pc s hard wired to it and my sons each have a wireless laptop that also accesses the router We have a cable modem for access to the internet This has been in place for at least years without a problem weeks ago both boys said that he couldn t get internet access from their bedrooms I called Netgear support they walked me thru resetting the router with the channel number setting up bit security etc Now one of the laptops the newer of the with an internal card works everywhere my older sons doesn t work from his bedroom BUT from his bedroom his laptop can see the networks of my neighbors on either side of the house but not ours floors below him The laptop works OK in the basement where the router is gets between - bars on the first floor of the house and disappears in his room I problem connection Wireless ve Wireless connection problem tried all channels for the router and moved it around in the office raised it higher off the desk turned it changed the direction of the antennae nada Any thoughts Both wireless computers are Windows XP not sure what SP TIA nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I'm a novice at networking and I'm having trouble setting up a wireless connection.

I have a desktop (Windows XP) with a direct internet connection and a wireless router, and my roommate has a laptop that connects wirelessly via the router. That connection is working fine. I just bought a netbook (also XP) and I'm trying to connect wirelessly.

The netbook detects my wireless network with no problem, but won't connect. When I run Network Setup Wizard, I get this message:

"The network connections listed below are disconnected. Plug in your network cables or otherwise connect your network hardware, and then click Next.

Wireless Network Connection Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter
Local Area Connection Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC"

What do I do?

Relevancy 49.88%

i am experiencing of unable to connect to a wireless connection..passwords are correct yet i cant connect..also i want to learn how to diagnose this issue using the command prompt system..coz my cousin running the command prompt whenever i cant connect to wifi connection..

A:wireless connection problem...

Quote: Originally Posted by harold070389

i am experiencing of unable to connect to a wireless connection..passwords are correct yet i cant connect..also i want to learn how to diagnose this issue using the command prompt system..coz my cousin running the command prompt whenever I cant connect to wifi connection..

It is against Forum rules to duplicate a post! Please do not duplicate it only causes confusion!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287158-wireless-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520. It connected to the internet fine until about 3 days ago when it froze (only having a messenger up) and had to be restarted, when restarted the computer couldn't connect to the internet. I've tried Restarting the service, repairing the connection and flipping the wireless switch. I don't think its my router or modem because I have a desktop and an Xbox that are both connected and working just fine. I don't have another Ethernet cord so I haven't plugged it in to see if it works that way or not.Even though the computer says its working fine I'm wondering if it may be a fried WiFi card? I If anyone has any suggestions on what it could be and maybe a solution I'd really appreciate it!

Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to connect to a wireless connection and it keeps saying I gave connection but no internet access..

A:Wireless connection problem

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool. Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-problem.1047024/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello ^^
I've recently bought a tenda wireless router, my internet requires to introduce my ip/dns/gateway/etc manually and doesn't require an username and password, the guide says to add a password and then connect, but when I try to connect a window pops up and says successfully submitted the changes or something like that and a new window pops up with the exact sam thing, to enter the password and submit. The wireless has two categories: adsl and dhcp, I'm sure it's not an adsl because mine don't require username or password.
Thank you.

A:A wireless connection problem....

what service are you on - Name of ISP
do they provide a fixed IP address for you
what modem do you have at the moment connect to the service
is this a cable service to the house or is it via the telephone line ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-wireless-connection-problem.1103492/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all,
I have bought a Buffalo wireless package consisting of ;
1. modem
2. router
3. usb wireless adapter
4.installation cd
I have two laptops;a recently purchased Acer 2410 wireless enabled and an old P/Bell [easy one silver] which is not wireless enabled.

The system has been set up and the Acer laptop is working perfectly with an excellent signal.
However,I have failed to connect wirelessly with my old laptop.
I have plugged in and installed the usb wireless adapter provided ok .
I have installed client manager ok .
I get a message 'time out has occured' after attempting to connect

I was told that once the system was set up and configured it was a simple matter of connecting any additional wireless enabled pc's[up to four I think] in my house.
I would appreciate any ideas on this problem.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-problem.59417/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an hp laptop that was working just fine until the i had to changed the wireless network connection the connection Wireless problem connection it was on was someone elses in the neighborhood and they put a lock on it needs password now i have another network connection with a password but when i go to connect it just continuously says quot WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION one or more wireless connections are available quot i click on the preferred network but again i get the same message i have restored the computer and still the same thing i have noticed down in the corner it says that the wireless network interface is disabled But i am unable Wireless connection problem to get the Athenos Client Utility to open for any changes and the Broadcom wireless utility will not open either i will be here for a few hoping that someone can help me out with this i also have a sony vaio and desktop that had no issues adapting to the new network but this HP seems to have a problem connecting PLEASE HELP nbsp