Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Wireless Network Connection Properties Can't Open

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Wireless Network Connection Properties Can't Open

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.85%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have up until a few days ago been able to modify and save my network properties ok I connected a new DisplayLink USB docking station that lead to an update of some sort I believed this to be 8 Not Properties Saving Network Connection Windows to do with associated drivers I Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving let this go ahead and it may well have nothing to do with the problems I have been having First of all I couldn't even see the IP parameters and kept getting an error as follows quot In Order to Configure TCP IP You Must Install and Enable a Network Adapter Card quot The wired and wireless was working in environments where I could use DHCP so I was confident the hardware was ok Uninstalling the drivers and then updating them has got me passed this problem so I can see and edit the IP parameters However now they are never saved I edit them close the window re-edit them and they are back to automatic settings I need to use static settings in the office So far as I can see there are possibilities I don't have permissions to save these settings wherever they are stored But I have administrator permissions Where are the settings stored I have saved them before How can I get access to be able to save them again Something else is overwriting the settings How do I find out what and stop it Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Or a way to diagnose solve my problem Thanks in advance Steve

A:Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving

Have you tried running a system file corruption scan/repair using the sfc /scannow command?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32329-windows-8-network-connection-properties-not-saving.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 73.1%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 73.1%

We are at a resort that has free wifi through an 'open' security setup...no wep...etc. The resort says not to worry..but...can anything you do while connected be accessed-stolen-copied-etc, while on-line.

More specifically...if you access your bank account...can your password...etc...be aquired by any outside source or computer hacker while using a open wireless setup outside your home...hotel...airport...etc ?

The Resort says banking etc sites use the https secured site so nothing can be hacked/stolen...but if you are on an open 3rd party wifi connections...is this true ??

Thanks...TiminAz

A:What's the danger of an 'open' wireless network connection ?

1) Anyone within range can use it.
2) If someone is clever enough they can hijack your passwords etc.
3) If you have the setting on they may be able to see your files.

HTTPS:
Https can still be cracked... Anything can. Using HTTPS is just more secure than normal protocol HTTP.

This is why you should always have a secure wireless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271896-whats-danger-open-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t experiencing-rundll-error-windows-on-start-up OBThis all started when my BF clicked on a fake virus alert He scanned the computer right away with MBAM and caught various things but even when we rebooted webpages Properties for Network start windows locked, up, error Rundll and Connections redirect. open on certain programs couldn't start up Firefox was fixed with help from the apartment complex's service provider but SAS couldn't get Updates and I've had to reinstall AVG Free Ed I've also reinstalled IE and Yahoo IM which were outdated and had start up and log in problems because of the infection Uniblue Registry Booster does not seem to have any problems starting and Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect. functioning Since then I've caught a few things with MBAM SAS and AVG but the system is definitely not clean yet I still get redirects and trojans or roguewares pop up from time to time that are caught by AVG FREE EDITION While trying to get rid of the RUNDLL error windows with Moderator boopme I discovered I could not access the Properties button or Right-Click Properties for Network Connections A Network Connections window pops up that says unexpected error occurred I was instructed to post here using - of the Preperation Guide I tried to make a GMER log but the Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect. first time through AVG prevented it from going past a certain point After disabling AVG temporarily it finished quickley but froze before I could save the log and while I was trying to enable the AVG Resident Sheild The third scan took much longer than the second scan but ended in a blue screen that said there was a problem detected and that Windows had to shut down to prevent damage A file was listed pwtdipog sysUnder it was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREARestart instructions were included there after followed by Technical Information whiich I can post if needed Here are my logs from Steps DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Gina at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster rbmonitor exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Documents and Settings Gina Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp neko-sentai com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmlmStart Page hxxp www yahoo comuInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ... Read more

A:Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect.

Hello Kou_Kagerou, My names Syler and I will be helping you to solve your malware issues. Sorry for the delayin replying, we are very busy at the moment.Please note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.Download and Run MBR Rootkit Scan Please download MBR Rootkit Detector and save it on your desktop. Go to Start >> Run then copy and paste the following line into the run boxcmd /c "%userprofile%\desktop\mbr.exe" -t& start mbr.log Select Run when you recieve a Security Warning The process is automatic, a black DOS window will appear and disappear suddenly. This is normal. A log file will the be created on your desktop where you ran mbr.exe from. Copy and paste the contents of mbr.log on your next reply.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: MBAM log mbr.log OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333978/properties-for-network-connections-locked-rundll-error-windows-open-on-start-up-and-webpages-redirect/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.51%

We use a lot of VPN PPTP Connections. On most we turn off "Use default gateway on remote network". See the image below that shows where this setting is turned off.

We cannot open the properties for Internet Protocol Version 4 on VPN connections under Windows 10. This is located at Network Connections and Properties of a VPN Connection. Networking Tab, then select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties. But under Win 10 the properties dialog does not open.

This has been tested on several Windows 10 systems and we have enabled Administrator and tested under that login as well.

A:VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4

I'm having the same issue, have you found a solution yet?

Edit: Found a post that explains how to set the 'use default gateway' setting. SOLUTION | Windows 10 VPN Network Settings Bug

Still can't open the properties, but by using this Powershell command you can set the default gateway setting:

Code:
Set-VpnConnection -Name "VPN-NETWORK-NAME-HERE" -SplitTunneling $True

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/11534-vpn-connection-cannot-open-networking-properties-ipv4.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi - I still have internet access. However, when I go into wireless connections, properties, general, the TCP/IP "stack" has disappeared.

The rest are still there: Client for MS networks
File & Printer sharing
QoS Packet Scheduler

I've posted to other forums and I have had an external PC professional have a look, but not even the latter could find out what happened.

The reason I need it is that I manually set my IP address at home, but let it find it automatically elsewhere, but can't as cannot access the TCP/IP elements.

Thanks.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 66.65%

I was trying to set up an ad hoc network and toyed around with some of the wireless network settings. The network I was trying to set up didn't quite work out so I tried to set it back to how they were but forgot how they were.

Is there a way to delete the Wireless Network Connection and let it create a new one or is there a "standard" setting for this to strictly find a wireless network and connect to it?

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Any help or questions would be appreciated

Relevancy 66.22%

The probelm only happend on 1 win7 PC, suddenly the PC slow to open some network printer properties that also makes slow to print.

1. On the PC nstalled 3 Network printer A,B,C open B properties is normal fast, but slow to open A,C.
2. Others PC also installed those 3 network printer and No problem.

I have replace NIC, Reinstall/Repair Win7 but no success, How to trace/diagnose PC to Printer communication so I can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

A:Slow open Network Printer Properties

Printer shares often work more quickly and efficiently with uPNP enabled in your router, depending upon exactly what you are calling a network printer...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208665-slow-open-network-printer-properties.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have symptoms that I am having trouble getting rid All of them started Network Properties Connection Nowfind, WebSiteViewer, nights WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties ago and I have been trying to get rid of them since then First of all I have something called WebSiteViewer that keeps coming back even after it appears that it has been removed I have read WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties other logs on this forum about it and I have tried some of the advice but with no avail Second when I open a web browser it is going WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties to www nowfind net Third if I click on my Wireless Network Connection properties the window disappers without opening the properties So for so more detailed information on what I know about what is going on The WebSiteViewer has installed in C Program Files WebSiteViewer There are five files in that directory ban dd dlr exe and ico There is also a shortcut on my desktop and a shortcut on my Start Menu for the exe There is also a misb exe file in my root directory C that I believe is related as it has the same icon There is a process with an image name of dlr running I started out by manually deleting all of this stuff and manually shutting down the process I have also tried Spybot and Adware Both of these programs also found the WebSiteViewer stuff listed above as well as a few registry keys dealing with them They both seemed to remove everything however after a reboot everything comes back So somewhere there is something still living that reinstalls everything once I reboot The www nowfind net problem I initially tried just setting my default URL back to blank as I had it Which it accepts but then the next time I open a browser it is back If I type a URL without the preceding http then it automatically goes to www nowfind net however if I fully qualify the URL with http then it goes where I expect In the registry for HCU and HLM under Microsoft- gt Internet Explorer there are a number of entries that have the www nowfind net URL including Search and SearchURL Then under Main still under Internet Explorer there are Default Page URL Default Search URL Search Bar Search Page and Start Page And then under Search in CustomizeSearch and SearchAssistant I have tried deleting all of these registry entries manually However they come right back even without a reboot I can delete them then just refresh and they are right back So here again something is running that puts them back If I view my available Wireless Network Connections then hit the advanced tab then select my network and hit configure or properties then the window just disappears instead of opening the properties The last thing that I should mention is that I have also run CWShredder and TrendMicros virus scan the web version that is available from a link that I found somewhere in thisforum I am running XP and I also am running an outdated version of McAfee that came free on my computer Now I have never run HijackThis before I simply downloaded it and ran it I ran it while all of symptoms above were present as I stated AdWare and Spybot will remove the WebSiteViewer comes back after a reboot and the www nowfind net comes back right away I also read somewhere on the forum to use the KRC HijackThisAnalyzer so here is the result txt from it Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - Service McAfee com McShield McShield - Unknown owner - c... Read more

A:WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

...A Reflection On Spyware...

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

...greyknight17 DOT com...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/websiteviewer-nowfind-network-connection-properties-42318.html
Relevancy 65.79%

i have a laptop Toshiba A200-13R (core duo 2.0(T2450) ghz, 512+2 Ram
(667mhz) 160GB hdd). As a factory product it came with vista home basic. I
installed xp proffessional as dual os. Both were working fine. 3 days before
i have bought ram to upgrade but that is bad system was giving plenty of
errors so i replaced the old Ram. after that if i connect the network cable
before starting the system it is working fine. if i start without network
cable connected system is neither opening the network connections nor the
system properties. i tried the following

* Restored from the restore points before upgrading the ram
* Tried to reinstall the LAN Driver it's not able to update the driver
* Tried to update windows xp but it's not responding and staying the step
Collecting informations for ever.

so please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-prof-not-able-to-open-network-connections-and-system-properties.622399/
Relevancy 65.36%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Team,

I have a problem with my Local Area Connection. I have installed the driver correctly and can access the internet also. But when I go to Open Network and sharing center -> change adapter setting -> I can not see Local Area Connection icon appear. My OS is windows 7, HP System.

A:Local area connection is not showing in network properties

Welcome to Seven forums mail.

Can you please post a picture of Device manager and a picture in the adapter settings where your local area connection should be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331350-local-area-connection-not-showing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I recently updated the driver for this network adapter, went from version 18.8 to 21.0. When I go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V, it seems like the properties window for that adapter takes about 5-6 seconds to open and certain tabs like General/Link Speed/Advanced/Power Management/Teaming/VLANs take a few seconds to load after clicking on them.

Is this normal? I can't remember if the window for this adapter was faster loading on previous versions of the driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397706-intel-i217-v-network-adapter-properties-slow-open.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 64.07%

When i first start up my laptop (not always but 9 time out of 10) my wireless does not connect automatically to my router. The only way get it working is by manually connecting it over and over again until it connects. Other devices in my house do not have an issue. The driver to my wireless LAN are up to date. Really frustrated. Please help

Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to reserve an IP for my computer but when I went to the Connection with issue protocols, missing and services Network Properties clients, properties of my wireless network connection the connection properties window is Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing missing everything except for Client for Microsoft Networks Even the connect using field has nothing Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing in it The wireless connection is working but I can t get to the TCP IP protocol to reserve the IP instead of using DHCP Here is an image of the issue An screen cap of my wireless network connection properties can be seen here http i photobucket com albums hh gremmie untitled jpg Has anyone ever seen this Any ideas to fix it Thanks for any info EDIT I forgot to mention that when I click the install button and click either client service or protocol I get an error message that says quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot so I can t reinstall the TCP IP Protocol to reserve the IP nbsp

A:Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing

Click on install then choose protocol then add and see....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-properties-issue-with-protocols-clients-and-services-missing.692118/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a laptop that has wireless internet connection. It says Wireless Internet Connection Not Connected. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

A:Windows XP: Wireless Network Connection Not Connected

Well, you don't give us much info to work on. Did this work before? Is this YOUR network you are trying to connect to? If so, how is the network set up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wireless-network-connection-not-connected.917134/
Relevancy 63.64%

Just reinstalled my windows 7 home premium after having some issues and thus far everything is working swell, except for the fact that I can't seem to find any wireless connections under connections available- I can't even seem to set up wireless connections.

I know nothing is wrong inside the computer since my splash top allows me to go onto the internet wirelessly- so I'm guessing this has something to do with me just installing windows 7 home premium again.

Without the internet I can't download drivers or get windows updates- help!

Looked in device manager and there are three exclamations next to these drivers:
standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Network Controller
Unknown device

Can't seem to fix the exclamations since I can't get internet access (only have wireless net)

Is there anything I can download and burn to get these drivers working?

A:No wireless network connection after windows 7 reinstall?

From the device manager it is evident that Network Controller is not installed because during the installation, Windows 7 was unable to find a driver. You can perhaps download a Network Adapter Driver from Realtek and try to install it because Realtek Network Drivers work in most cases.

But the better thing to do would be to go to the computer manufacture's web-site and download and install the Driver from there. You shall also find the right drivers for the other two devices there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221992-no-wireless-network-connection-after-windows-7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Can't connect to wireless router on dell running windows 7. When in command, ipconfig it shows wlan wireless network connection: media disconnected. Further down in the script it shows tunnel adapter: media disconnected. Have 2 other laptops that connect fine. Help please, Thanks

A:Windows 7 Wireless network connection trouble

and welcome to the Forum

Check to be sure the Wireless radio is turned on . . usually a conbination of the Blue FN key and one of the top keys with an image of an antennea . . it can also have a switch on the laptop body that turns the wireles on and off

What model is the Dell?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wireless-network-connection-trouble-507995.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone, I am working on a friends HP laptop that suddenly lost it's ability to see any networks at all. When I try to enable it in network and sharing it stays disabled. Just to be sure it wasn't hardware related I ran a ubuntu live cd and was able to connect with no problems. I tried updating the drivers,installing and reinstalling the network card with no luck. I also tried letting windows repair it but it says there may be driver problems. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry

Laptop-
HP G72 Notebook
Win 7 64bit
4 gig ram

Relevancy 63.64%

The network is "connected" but the internet still does not work. I have wireless internet and a Windows Vista computer. It also says the network is unidentified. PLEASE help it is very important and means a lot to me that i can go on the internet! And no, i dont have an ethernet cable.

Everything ive googled ive tried and none of it works. Please hurry and reply!

A:Windows Vista network wireless connection help?

can we have the adapter type - if a AR5007(eg) type adapter on vista we see this a lot - and i have listed below how to resolve

other wise post back the make and model of the pc
make and model of the router
do you have any other devices connected and working
status of all the lights on the router
if modem separate - status of the lights on the modem

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

The majority of fixes are via installing a new driver from either the Manufacturers website and if that does not resolve the issue then from the atheros web site - see item (3)

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

--- 4) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driv... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-network-wireless-connection-help.1093002/
Relevancy 63.64%

I m posting this for a family member who can t access the internet to windows to wireless connection the cannot connect network post I have not seen the computer so I can only give what details I can but I can always text message the person for more details When right clicking on the wireless computer symbol in windows cannot connect to the wireless network connection the corner near the clock they try to access their wireless connection which works on other laptops that are sometimes in their home but they get the error quot windows cannot connect to the wireless network connection quot I had her check out the device manager and there didn t appear to be any problems in there I had her check quot Network connections quot and she didn t see anything in there There were two quot wireless networks quot listed in there One said it was quot Broadcom netXtreme gigabit Ethernet quot and the other was called quot LevelOne WPC- g wireless CardBus adapter quot She tried doing the quot repair quot but it did not work I had her try the following http support microsoft com kb when we got to the quot If the Windows Zero Configuration service is running the words quot STATE RUNNING quot will appear quot she noticed that instead of it saying RUNNING it said STOPPED I had her try to follow the quot Basic troubleshooting quot listed on that site but we got stuck when we got to quot If you can view the properties for the Wireless Network Connection icon but you do not see a Wireless Networks tab see the Drivers that do not support the Wireless Zero Configuration service section to continue troubleshooting quot We attempted the Wireless Zero Configuration because she did not see a Wireless Networks tab We got stuck on step quot Click the Advanced tab and then configure your wireless network by using the available configuration options The available options and option names may vary depending on the driver manufacturer The following list describes the basic configuration options under Property quot because I have NO idea what it all means lol Those are the only steps we have taken so far to fix this If anyone can help that would be great

A:windows cannot connect to the wireless network connection

Did this computer ever work on the wireless connection? or is this a problem with a new network connection?

Am assuming from the selected forum that we are dealing with windows XP. Is that correct?

From looking into the network cards that you listed it appears that the Level One card is the wireless and I'm thinking the Broadcom card is probably the wired network card on the machine. Is this computer a laptop?

I read through the manual for the level one wireless card located at http://global.level1.com/downloads.php?modelstr1=WPC&modelstr2=0301&sendtype=0
and it appears that this card has its own management software. In windows XP, if a network card has its own control software it can disable all windows control over connecting to wireless networks. Your friend should look through the installed programs for a management utility that may work to connect right away. I believe if this doesn't work, that there is a way to assign the control of wireless networks back to windows itself, but I can't remember how.

The link above to level 1's site also has downloads of the drivers for that card. The XP/Vista driver is the second one down in the driver's section.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384991/windows-cannot-connect-to-the-wireless-network-connection/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello

When i turn on my laptop, the Windows toolbar does not always open/show the speaker and wireless network icon, when explorer.exe is opening (only about 50% of the time). This means i cannot connect to the internet, when this happens. When i go to the network options, the wireless network adapter says it is "not connected", and it is not possible to make it connect. The only solution i have found, is to restart the laptop, and hope explorer.exe opens the wireless network icon this time.

I do not think it is a driver problem, as it seems like it is the Windows toolbar that is bugging. It is like it "forgets" to open half of the icons.. I have been searching different forums, but i can't seem to find a solution :/

I have embeddeda screenshot of the icons that do not open at startup:

A:The windows toolbar does not open my wireless network at startup

See how the icons are configured
Right click the taskbar
select properties
on the taskbar tab
in the notifications area section (middle of the dialog) - click the customize button
what are the Behaviors for Volume and Network?

If you want them to always show - set the behavior to "Show icon and notifications"

there are two other things you might want to try on this dialog
1 - always show all icons and notifications
2 - restore default icon behavior

If those suggestions fail - try searching SevenForums tutorial section.

good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254610-windows-toolbar-does-not-open-my-wireless-network-startup.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Why did I ever try Windows 7. Driving me nuts!
Anyway, the challenge

I have a 3 PC router based workgroup network. 2 PCs are XP SP 3, one PC is Windows 7
When all PCs are wired, everything works just fine. All PCs (W7 and XP) can see and share files with all other PCs (It took a bit of doing but I got there eventually)

If I try to connect the W7 PC wirelessly,
* the W7 PC cannot access/share files on the XP machines
* the XP machines can see and share files on the W7 PC
* The W7 PC can access the router and can ping the other PCs

There is no firewall in operation on the XP machine

What do I need to do to get the W7 machine to access/share files on the XP machine via wireless connection?

TFAI

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Im using HP pavilion tx2000 notebook pc entertainment.

i don't know what exactly happen when suddenly my Wireless Network Connection ICON was gone that's why i can't connect to wifi. but my wifi is already turn on. even my network adapter its not showing.

here's some image

A:Can't find 'Wireless Network Connection" icon on windows 7

have a look and see if its disabled in the bios

Enabled in Bios / Setup
as the PC starts you should be told how to enter the bios / Setup - one of the F keys usually F2, F10, F11 or del key is often used
MAKE SURE you DO NOT change any settings and look to see if there is a setting for the wireless or WLAN
if its disabled change it to enabled
if its enabled - then exit without saving
if you cant find a setting then exit without saving

Try reseating the wireless adapter

If the adapter is easily accessible, usually through a cover on the bottom of the laptop.
Remove and reinsert it carefully and firmly to make sure it is not loose.
Then remove and carefully and firmly replace it several times to cure any possible looseness or corrosion.
At the same time check to make sure the antenna leads are securely attached.
Note: This is not taking the machine apart. We do not recommend removing the keyboard when that is necessary to find the wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-wireless-network-connection-icon-on-windows-7.1098302/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys,this is sairam.
Wireless network connection is enabled but still not connected  it showing Red X .If i troubleshoot problem showing like this ( Wireless capability is turned off  Not Fixed)
can you guys please give me perfect solution for this problem.
Thanks&regards.
sairam

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4644416f-e36c-4406-ae97-5e001d9ccbbc/wireless-network-connection-is-enabled-but-still-not-connected-it-showing-red-x-in-windows-7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.49%

I've formatted my HP 530 Notebook (using 'Operating System CD - Windows XP Professional SP2'). All went well. It was my first format but I read a lot on the internet, so I knew I had to download and install the chipset, the bus driver, the audio and video drivers, the network adapters, etc. This I did, on the HP website .
Everything is working perfectl...ssing and appreciate for a quick help please.

A:Wireless Network Connection icon disappear after repairing Windows XP on HP 530 Lapt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-icon-disappear-after-repairing-windows-xp-on-hp-530-lapt.1134706/
Relevancy 61.49%

MY computer went blank i Address "Acquiring home Connection Network xp stuck Wireless on windows could start it but there were no icons or taskbar I reinstalled windows xp and completed following steps by reading a previous post First gt gt Start gt gt Wireless Connection stuck on "Acquiring Network Address windows xp home Run Box gt gt type or copy paste the following one at a time pressing Enter after each line ipconfig flushdns ipconfig releaseipconfig renewnetsh winsock resetSee if this clears your cache - Next download TFC Cleaner to your desktop gt Double click on the Icon Black Garbage can Click Start gt let this remove all unwanted Temp files gt gt Click OK to Reboot when it has finished - I am not sure whether I had to reboot after that following I got after that Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Owner administrator on - - at Running from D Abid New Folder Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible There is no connection to network Attempt to access Google IP Wireless Connection stuck on "Acquiring Network Address windows xp home returned error Google IP is unreachable Attempt to access Google com returned error Other errors Attempt to access Yahoo com returned error Other errors Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile EnableFirewall registry value does not exist System Restore System Restore Policy Security Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Other Services File Check C WINDOWS system dhcpcsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system Drivers afd sys gt File Wireless Connection stuck on "Acquiring Network Address windows xp home is digitally signed C WINDOWS system Drivers netbt sys gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system Drivers ipsec sys gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system dnsrslvr dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system ipnathlp dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system netman dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system wbem WMIsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system srsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system Drivers sr sys gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system wscsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system wbem WMIsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system wuauserv dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system qmgr dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system es dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system cryptsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system svchost exe gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system rpcss dll gt File is digitally signed C WINDOWS system services exe gt File is digitally signed Extra List Gpc IPSec NetBT PSched Tcpip x IpSec Tag value is correct End of log Did following after that Open Services Start gt Run Box gt Type services msc gt Click OK - - - Scroll down to and double click DNS Client gt Set to Automatic under Startup type Click the Apply button gt Click the Start button gt When it starts click OK Do the same for DHCP Client Do the same for Remote Procedure Call RPC After that ran FarbarServiceScanner with following options checked Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center Action CenterWindows UpdatePress Scan and got this result MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Owner administrator on - - at Running from D Abid New Folder Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Hosts content localhost IP Configuration Broadcom b g WLAN Wireless Network Connection Connected Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Local Area Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- Interface IP Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ip Interface IP Conf... Read more

A:Wireless Connection stuck on "Acquiring Network Address windows xp home

You should download and install XP SP3 and do all updates. Use your NIC card and a Ethernet cable to do the updates. That may solve your wireless problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565332/wireless-connection-stuck-on-acquiring-network-address-windows-xp-home/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi my laptop running xphome media center has a few problems IE closes before it completly opens i click on Network Connection Open, Assist No Ie7 Won't Search Won't Open, start search and nothinging happens i try to click and drag files but nothing happens My AVG e-mail scanner will not activate i've tried trend malicious removal tool adaware spybot smitfraud fix AVG total system scan but i don't want to restore my pc to new condition because of data e-mail photos that i have on there It will not connect to the internet wired or wirelessly but I Ie7 Won't Open, Search Assist Won't Open, No Network Connection can ping my router I have a hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system r server exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files BigFix bigfix exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Panasonic LUMIXSimpleViewer PhLeAutoRun exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeF hijackthis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www blingo com src hpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M MX O - Hosts HPF AE HP BBF AEO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - A E- - EAE-A - D F E C DE - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dllO - Toolbar Starware - FB C- - CB - F -E F C - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startupO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAYO - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MS... Read more

A:Ie7 Won't Open, Search Assist Won't Open, No Network Connection

Hello nbcengineer and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Let's do a little cleaning.Step #1There is an adware package called Starware that we should remove:Click Start.Click Control Panel.Double-click Add or Remove Programs.Look in the Currently installed programs box for each program listed below and if it is there:Click on it to select it.Click Change (or Change/Remove) button.If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.Anything with Starware or RxToolbar in the nameStep #2Now start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:O1 - Hosts: HPF740AE HP0019BBF740AEO2 - BHO: (no name) - {45A4902E-4479-4EAE-A186-8D0F7E4C78DE} - C:\Program Files\Starware316\bin\Starware316.dllO3 - Toolbar: Starware316 - {9FB3908C-6565-4CB0-95F8-E9F85258723C} - C:\Program Files\Starware316\bin\Starware316.dllThere is also a remote administration service running on the computer. If you did not install this to allow remote access to this computer then also include the following item:O23 - Service: Remote Administrator Service (r_server) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\r_server.exe" /service (file missing)Now close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Step #3We need to make sure all hidden files are showing so please:Click Start.Open My Computer.Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View tab.Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known types option.Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.Click Yes to confirm.Click OK.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):C:\Program Files\Starware316\ <--folderC:\WINDOWS\system32\r_server.exe (only if you chose to remove it above in Step #2)Note: If you receive any error messages while trying to delete any of the above files/folders then reboot into Safe Mode and try to delete them again. See the instructions below on how to boot into Safe Mode.Restart the computer.As soon as BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Options menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Step #4Download ATF CleanerDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser, do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Step #5OK. Reboot your computer normally, start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Use the Add Reply button to post your new log file back here along with details of any problems you encountered performing the above steps and I will review it when it comes in.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95330/ie7-wont-open-search-assist-wont-open-no-network-connection/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 59.34%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 58.91%

when i double click the icon in my systray of the the flashing monitor, which opens my wireless network connection status window, the number next to Speed fluctuates between 11.0 Mbps to 54.0 Mbps. I just updated my dlink wbr 2310 routers firmware to 1.03 from 1.02 because previously i was getting randomly disconnected. Its only been a couple days, but i havnt yet noticed that ive been randomly disconnected anymore, but now my connection speed fluctuates, where with the old firmware, i never once saw it change. what could be causing this change? as its screwing up my online gaming, causing me to lag when it drops way down. I never had a problem with the speed changing before, and cant find any setting that looks like it could be linked to such an event, though im no networking expert, so i may be missing something. what does anyone think of this problem? thanks.

A:Wireless speed under wireless network connection status fluctuating????

google for a program called Network Stumbler. When it runs, you can see other
wifi systems near by and the real asset is the disclosure of all the channels in use.

pick a channel that is not used

monitor what activities you are performing when the connection rate changes;
it's likely that it only occurs when you're gaming. In that case, the stress of the
networked game is the actual cause of the rate change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-under-wireless-network-connection-status-fluctuating.77396/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 41659 MB; D: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 14579 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Nestos , Not Applicable, LXAJL0X031734074722500
Antivirus: None

Hi. I have a problem with my wireless connection. The tab under network connections does NOT show wireless connection. This happened after I reinstalled winxp. I installed the wireless driver but it did not work. I can only connect to the internet using the wired connection. What should I do?

Relevancy 58.91%

I just ran the Windows XP Help and Support, Network Diagnostics and I got a FAILED for the following areas:
Network Adapters FAILED
[00000010] Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection FAILED
DNSServerSearchOrder FAILED
198.153.192.50 FAILED
198.153.194.50 FAILED

I've been having some wireless issues and I am not sure what this is telling me and what I can do about it to fix it. I checked with the Intel web site for network adapters and it appears that I have the latest driver.
Any helpful suggestions?

A:Network Adapters, Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, DNSSer

howdy and welcome. start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager > are there any yellow exclamation points, and if so, what are they next to?

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-intel-r-pro-wireless-3945abg-network-connection-dnsser.1142923/
Relevancy 58.48%

Just reinstalled my computer after having some trouble with my soundcard.

Everything was working fine until yesterday where all of a sudden the Windows Update window, my Desktop Properties window and my Computer Properties won't open up. They'll open up briefly for about 1/3rd of a second then close down again. I've tried searching for it but it seems I can't find any answer to my problem.

I thought it might be a problem with Dreamscene but couldn't find any proper information on how to uninstall it so haven't been able to give it a try.

Really getting annoyed since this is basically stopping me from getting my computer up to date and doing small things like changing my wallpaper.
Annoying to say the least.

Using Windows Vista Home Premium, can't say much else since I can't open up my properties...

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 58.48%

IGNORE IGNORE.... fixed it thanks anyway
Hi there,
I am having trouble connecting to the internet from my laptop via a D-Link wireless ADSL router.

This is a new problem on a laptop that has been used on this wireless network many times - very strange?

When i click "repair" it seems to hang at the point of acquiring my IP address.
Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Solved: Wireless network connection can not acquire network address?

Through the web browser on my desktop i changed some settings on the router i.e. the WPA, and it seemed to work? Magic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connection-can-not-acquire-network-address.620247/
Relevancy 58.48%

hello every one,,,,
I installed windows 10 and this is abest windows,,,
but I when make vpn connection and I want chang ip and dns ,"TCP/IP PROPERTIES ON VPN CONNECTION NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 10"

this is must work because my vpn put ip and dns
"manual"

regard

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adb3cf2a-366e-44b9-845c-e77944a92b35/properties-button-in-vpn-connection-windows-10-not-working?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone I have file trying properties to Explorer certain open crashes when Windows been unable to view the properties of certain files Whenever I select the file right-click and select Properties Windows Explorer crashes and restarts The same thing happens when I try to select Properties through the Organize menu dropdown I found a couple of relevant threads in this forum but they don't seem to have been resolved http www sevenforums com general-d ties-file html Right Click Properties Crash My issue Windows Explorer crashes when trying to open certain file properties is more similar to the first thread It is only files not folders or drives And it is only certain types of files the affected file types seem to be video files in general while all other file types seem OK although mp files seem to be a mixture of both some works and some fails Anyway I have tried all methods provided by Sir George in the first thread My graphic drivers are up to date the sfc scan came up clean screenshot the Microsoft Safety Scanner came up clean screenshot and the problem persisted after booting in safe mode as well as after a clean boot I have even scanned and fixed the registry using AVG PC TuneUp turned off the Data Execution Prevention DEP feature and scanned the hard drives for errors There were no errors found from scanning the hard drives and the problem remained Can anyone please provide me with further advice or instructions Any insight would be very much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows Explorer crashes when trying to open certain file properties

Have you tried uninstalling AVG?
What is the file association of video files (avi mpg mp4 etc.)

Mine is set for
.avi - Windows Media Player.
all .mp* - Windows Media Player

Look in Control Panel, Default Programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333447-windows-explorer-crashes-when-trying-open-certain-file-properties.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am no script writer and the efforts I have made so far have been a complete failure: nor has Googling found me what I am after. I wonder if someone here could help me?

I need a vbs script (or bat, or other) that will open the properties window of all shortcuts (*.lnk files) contained within a specific folder, either all together or one after the other as each is closed after editing. Right-clicking on each shortcut individually and selecting 'Properties' (when I have 2000 to edit!) is becoming a real pain!
Thanks!

Martin

A:Script to open multiple Windows Properties boxes

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/964550-editing-multiple-shortcut-properties.html

please do not create duplicate posts for the same issue.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/script-to-open-multiple-windows-properties-boxes.968489/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Im New Here

Why i Cant See the Wireless Network Connection And if i Search Manage Wireless Networks in Control Panel It Says

"Wireless Is Not Currently Enabled"

What Should I do??

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I am trying to connect to my home wireless network and my computer has found the network and will let me connect (after typing in the WEP key), but the status says 'Acquiring network address' and I can't access the internet.

I have the IP address for the network, but don't know how to add this into my computer.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

A:Wireless network connection - Cannot acquire network address.

Hi

if it hangs or shows limited connectivity ensure you are typing in the correct key, some routers will allow a passphrase for wep others want the key in hexadecimal format.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-cannot-acquire-network-address.136636/
Relevancy 57.62%

Every time I sign into my windows account at wireless 8 cannot pw. or save access Windows properties home it never automatically connects to it I tried following the tutorial at http www jmu edu computing desktop s-Windows pdf However when I get up to the part where you are support to right click on the wifi connection to access view connection properties I am unable to Right clicking on the wireless connection does absolutely nothing I even tried clicking on it and holding and still nothing When I go to the network and sharing center and click Windows 8 cannot access wireless properties or save pw. on the wireless connection it pops up a dialogue called wi-fi status However there is no button for wireless properties I remember in windows there use to be a tab where you change the key encryption type and there was a check box where you can save the password Essentially I can't access the dialog box in page of the above link I have spent numerous hours trying to figure this out Any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows 8 cannot access wireless properties or save pw.

It sounds like your version of Windows 8 is missing something or maybe just some files are missing, hard to say why this problem would occur.

You might try running the sfc/scannow command to see if there are any missing files.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16606-windows-8-cannot-access-wireless-properties-save-pw.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Has anyone seen an issue with trying to access the properties of a network share and getting absolutely nothing? Just upgraded to Win10 from 7. We are in a windows 2008 domain with 2012 and Win 10 machines.
We have regular accounts and admin accounts. The regular account can see get properties for the folders/shares that it has access to. The admin account, when run using "run as a different user" cannot generate the properties dialog box at all. This worked fine on Win 7.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45581-windows-10-network-share-properties.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i'm trying to configure my network to connect automaticaly.
i right click the network on the network list, but there is only disconnect and status.
there is no "properties" option.
on another computer there is.
the user is admin and UAC is turned off.

F#&^$%

A:don't have the "properties" option for wireless network

Go to start > control panel > network

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78454-dont-have-properties-option-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.19%

hi
on a wwindows 7 machine the local area connection tcp ip v4 properties button is greyed out.
i have logged in as admininstrator .
it is also greyed out if i login with another account ..

i also get the following error

Quote:
There are not protocols installed or enabled. You must install and enable at least one protocol for this connection to work. Do you want to select a protocol now?

for refrence i have attached picture from a working computer. just to illustrate the problem.

please help

A:windows 7 local area connection ipv4 properties greyed out

So have you tried the Install button?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328719-windows-7-local-area-connection-ipv4-properties-greyed-out.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I just bought a NetGear wireless USB adapter, WG111v2. I can't seem to get internet explorer working once I connect to a network, even though it does say I'm connected. I am also having trouble accessing my home wireless network, even though I disabled security. Anyone have any experience with this device??? What am I doing wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-ie-with-wireless-connection.622648/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone!

I tried to ignore this problem, but it has become increasingly frustrating when I have to work with files in Windows Explorer.

The problem is, when I right-click on a file and choose Properties, it takes 5-8 seconds to open the File Properties Window. Strangely, when I do the same with folders (Folder Properties) the window opens almost instantaneously as it should. I have tried to fiddle around with ShellExView but to no avail - after all, I assume that program is just for controlling context menu entries. I searched and googled but I couldn't find any similar problems, the closest I got was that software.

Do you know what's the problem? Thanks in advance! 

A:Windows Explorer takes 5-8 seconds to open a File Properties window!

You can keep disabling more non-microsoft extensions in shellexview and see if any of them are causing it (do a system backup first)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588418/windows-explorer-takes-5-8-seconds-to-open-a-file-properties-window/
Relevancy 56.76%

I just did a clean install on my windows 7 ultimate 32 bit computer to 64 bit. At first, my wireless internet was working fine, but it suddenly dropped to "limited access". I'm using a Linksys WUSB100 ver. 2 wireless network USB adapter. I've already tried downloading the latest driver for windows 7 64 bit, 3.0.3.0 from the Linksys website. I've also tried restarting my computer and the wireless modem. I did a system restore to the point where it was last working but it still isn't working. I can't think of anything else to do, please help.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit "limited access" Wireless Network Connection

Information
I hope this helps unidentified-network

Try entering you Ip and Dns. Look at mine
and all the pictures are in order.

Note
I am using Open Dns

Open network and sharing center and click on connections (your network name)
Click on Properties.
click on Internet Protocol Version 4
Enter your (computer)Ip address, Subnet mask,(router ip) Ip address, Preferred Dns Sever and Alternate Dns server.

Information
normally it is the same as mine
Ip address: 192.168.1.2
Subnet mask: (will come up automatically) 255.255.255.0
Ip address: 192.168.1.1

Using open dns

Preferred Dns sever: 208.67.222.222
Alternate Dns sever: 208.27.222.220

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/100228-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-limited-access-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Levono Laptop running Windows XP Profressional that is connected through a LinkSys Router. I decided to remove Norton which only partiially uninstalled. Went to control panel and deleted any other Norton showing in Add and Room and then restarted the computer.

Now I can see that I am connected wirelessly through the LinkSys Router and that I have great connectivity but I can't open up Internet Explorer.

If I go into Safe Mode with Networking, I am able to get online and go right to Internet Explorer.

What do I need to do to fix the computer so I don't have to use Safe Mode to get IE to open.

I hope someone can tell me what I need to do. I am guessing it has to do with flushing the IPConfig but I don't remember how I've done it in the past.

Thanks for any and all help.

A:Wireless Connection works but can't open IE7

well I don't think flushing the dns cache will help with you problem. But you can do that by opening up command prompt and typing in ipconfig /flushdns and after you do that I will register the dns by typing ipconfig/registerdns. What I would try to do is a system file checker. That can be done by going to start >> run and typing sfc /scannow after doing that reboot and give her a shot.

*note* You may need you windows xp pro disc to run the system file checker.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-works-but-cant-open-ie7-386132.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, please please can someone help me, I have a wireless router, two other laptops which are on vista work no problem, one xp laptop will not, its connected to wireless network and did work, but now will not, Ive tried everything, wipred ie 7 then reloaded, typed in manual ip address and DNS, can ping websites and get replies on comand prompt, can ping ip addresses also but just cannot get webpages up in ie , i have ipconfig/release i have ipconfig/flushdns, ipconfig/release i hvae netsh winsock release, I have winsockfix sheesh i really do not know what else to try! please can anyone help ...Di x

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-have-wireless-connection-but-cannot-open-webpages-319080.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Levono Laptop running Windows XP Profressional that is connected through a LinkSys Router. I decided to remove Norton which only partiially uninstalled. Went to control panel and deleted any other Norton showing in Add and Room and then restarted the computer.

Now I can see that I am connected wirelessly through the LinkSys Router and that I have great connectivity but I can't open up Internet Explorer.

If I go into Safe Mode with Networking, I am able to get online and go right to Internet Explorer.

What do I need to do to fix the computer so I don't have to use Safe Mode to get IE to open.

I hope someone can tell me what I need to do. I am guessing it has to do with flushing the IPConfig but I don't remember how I've done it in the past.

Thanks for any and all help.

A:Wireless Connection works but can't open IE7.

Start in Safe ModeOpen My ComputerDouble click the C drive to open itLook for any folders named Symantic or NortonDelete all you findOpen the Programs Files folderLook for any folders named Symantic or NortonDelete all you findA tip on the Linksys router [I have been using one a long time],If you have the Linksys software installed it is not neccessary & can cause problems.I installed what came with my router when I got ot & couldn't get onlineUninstall all Linksys software & it works great !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234340/wireless-connection-works-but-cant-open-ie7/
Relevancy 56.33%

hi all
i have a laptop and i don't have an internet in it
so here are some wirelesses connections but all of them are sercured
it asks me to enter the security key to access to the point
so is there anyway to open it like to hack it without having to know the Password key ?
sorry if that question against the law of the forum so u can close it

thank you all

A:how can i open a secured wireless connection ?

Not to worry. It'll be closed right quick.

The security, like locks on a door, are to keep crooks out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-open-a-secured-wireless-connection.1076109/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello: I have three PC?s in my home office connected by a Network.

On one of the PC?s, I see the Network ID is greyed out on ?system properties?.

I already have followed all the known troubleshoot procedures:
1. Enable Network Discovery
2. Uninstall, reboot and install Microsoft Networks Client
3. Run sfc /scannow

However, the Network ID remains greyed out.

Anybody can bring new lights on these.

Thanks

A:Network ID greyed out on “system properties” Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote: Originally Posted by Dinamicor

Hello: I have three PC?s in my home office connected by a Network.

On one of the PC?s, I see the Network ID is greyed out on ?system properties?.

I already have followed all the known troubleshoot procedures:
1. Enable Network Discovery
2. Uninstall, reboot and install Microsoft Networks Client
3. Run sfc /scannow

However, the Network ID remains greyed out.

Anybody can bring new lights on these.

Thanks

Please run ?Services.msc? and navigate to Workstation service; ensure the service is enabled and started, or restart the service. Then try again.

Try using a domain administrator account (regarding appropriate permissions for network administration).
The local administrator account only has administrative access to local resources on the PC - i.e. does not have administrative privileges on the network
Regarding access and use of a domain administrator account:
I.e. you're a user at your company - so you should contact your companys system administrator regarding company policy.

I.e. if this is BYOD (your own device) it will probably not be joined to the domain.
If its a company workstation (laptop) - he will rejoin it to the domain.

As a rule of thumb - and may be confusing you here, do not expect yourself - even though a superuser with local administrative privileges - to finalize redeployment of windows, apps and data in a company domain. I.e. in a company you usually don't control access to payrolls etc. (you should not have that kind of administrative configuration access - even if a company owner you could mess things up giving "unauthorized" access. Even a domain administrative account is not used as a "user" account - only configuration). I.e. with user accounts i.e. local administrator you don't control access to private network ressources in the company. I.e. you cannot join network ressources - joining to a domain means connecting with the private web service in the company basically controlling identification and internal access to company wide resources. So that service hides some complexity as well.

Delegate the job to your companys system administrator and let him complete the work if this is a company workstation
... that you may have reinstalled yourself using the local administrator account without using the companys deployment services - i.e. automated deployment (i.e. PXE network boot to the companys Windows Deployment Services or Symantec Altiris etc.). If no automated deployment is available at your company then the component (responsibility) of deployment services are manually executed by the system administrator (automated deployment availability at your company will typically depend upon complexity i.e. the number of computers owned by your company - but even for a small number of workstations the benefit of Windows Deployment Services is great ...)
Basically, the finalization of software configuration for a company managed computer must in part be managed by the system administrator, i.e. rejoining the computer to a domain - which effectively means the administration of the computer from this point on is delegated to the domain controller and thus automated management of i.e. authentication and authorizations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366038-network-id-greyed-out-system-properties-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This single computer on my network loses DNS information every time Windows auto-updates, thus losing connectivity. When I go to Network Properties, the DNS fields are blank. Updates are the only time this happens, and this is the only machine it happens on. I simply reset the settings, and everything is fine ... until the next update.

I am assuming there is some setting on this box that does this. Is anyone familiar with this situation, and can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

TBF

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1430765 MB, Free - 1403851 MB; I: Total - 305195 MB, Free - 290812 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0JC474
Antivirus: None

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-properties-dns-info-blanks-after-windows-auto-update.1057277/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a verizon satellite network card for internet access to my tosiba laptop. I also have a xbox 360 video game console with a wireless receiver hooked to it. How can I get my laptop to make the satellite signal it is receiveing open for the video game console to hook in to?

A:Open connection on USB Network card

If you have a built in Lan Card you may be able to setup your laptop so that it will share its connection with the 360 . I dont own a 360 so im not entirley sure of the compatibility with windows gateways please let me know more and i will try to help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-connection-on-usb-network-card.627801/
Relevancy 55.04%

I m using Netgear wireless USB adpater WG111 to connect all my pc n laptop through a wireless router to internet. I actually configure all setting manually and without problem for internet and file sharing even one of the them is Emac. But recently , when i try to link up a PC (which just upgraded from Window ME to XP) to the networking, I facing trouble for internet connection even if I can see excellent signal of my wireless adapter on the screen. I tried so many ways included all of the troubleshoot and wizards inside window but still can't be done.

Surprising, I managed to connect to internet when in the safe mode...

How??? pls help..

gyver

A:Help!!!Wireless Network Connection

Check the Windows firewall settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-network-connection.365063/
Relevancy 55.04%

My sony vaio laptop connected to my wireless network fine for months. two days ago it suddenly stopped connecting. My network still shows up in available list and is at full strength. My wireless printer still connects to the network. Furthermore, my laptop connects to other networks, it just doesnt connect to mine anymore! I am completely computer illiterate so can someone please help me in laymans terms!?
thanks

A:Wireless Network Connection

Hi:Let's get some basics first.
Any software/hardware changes in the last 2 days ?
Any error msgs when trying to connect?
There are a number of things we could suggest doing,but first:
,let's see this :
From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.911626/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just bought the MSI Wind Netbook and am unable to connect to my home wireless network. A screen appears "Choose a Wireless Network". It does not detect my network and says "make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on". Where is this switch???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.795505/
Relevancy 55.04%

As of today under the Network connections I no longer have a wireless network connection. I use a Netgear WGT624v3 wireless router and I have an HP computer running Windows XP. I have tried everything I could find to fix the problem with no luck. Any ideas?

Relevancy 55.04%

I just got a laptop and a wireless network card. I installed the card (slide it in the right slot) and put in the drivers but i still cannot connect to the internet. I'm sure there's a step i'm missing but the place i got the wireless network card from didn't give any instructions.

Is there more to it then just plugging in the card and downloadin the drivers?

thanks!

A:Wireless network connection

There are lots of steps missing..

"cannot connect" means what? No, your computer will not magically obtain a wireless internet connection the second you install a wireless network card.

What exactly did you try? Do you actually have some device providing you the wireless service?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection.36922/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am fully aware that there is a BTWifi with FON connection in this area, but my wireless adapter either doesn't want to pick it up or is somehow blocking it. I am using Edimax 11n USB Wireless LAN Utility, upon opening the edimax application I noticed that the "disable adapter" box is checked, but in network connections it is saying that it is enabled, any help?

A:Cannot fin wireless network connection

do you have your own wireless router - I assume not as you are using BTwifi
do you have BT internet and a username and password to use BTwifi ?

what device are you trying to connect - PC, phone, laptop , desktop
what windows version

how are you posting a question here ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-fin-wireless-network-connection.1153636/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi,

my wireless network connection is always on and off. the speed is 11Mbps most of the time. The thing is when I am watching videos on youtube, cnn, etc., it's always disconnecting and then reconnecting itself. sometimes it doesn't and so I always have to manually repair the connection. what seems to be the problem? I noticed that it doesn't happen with the other laptops. So, it seems like it's just my laptop interfering with the connection. If you could tell me how to fix it, I'd appreciate it.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I am using a Compaq Presario V6000(V6002AU) with Win XP and since installing Internet Explorer 7 I can no longer connect through my wireless connection. I have no wireless icon in my taskbar or in network connections and I can no longer open the HP wireless assistant. The light on the front is amber and does not change whether the switch is on or off. I have uninstalled IE7 and gone back to 6 but still nothing.

I have tried a system recovery and reinstalling network drivers....

If anyone has any advice on how to fix this I would really appreciate it.

A:No wireless network connection!!

Hi,

Goto Control Panel-->Add Remove Programms-->Add or remove windows components-->check the IE and wanted components and Install it..........
!! Easy Must Be Easy !!

Grass Hopper*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wireless-network-connection.695078/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ultimate, Premium, Pro & Home

Installed new router and changed network name from mynet to MyNet. After signing on with new key I now have Mynet 2 under wireless network connection and in the system tray. Not causing any problems but this isn't what I wanted.

On the other OSs how can I sign on with the new key and not get a second wireless network connection of MyNet 2 ?

On Premium how can I get this back to mynet or MyNet (without the 2) ?

Thanks for the help.

You'll have to delete both mynet and MyNet - then re-connect to MyNet.

Same on the others - delete the old ones first.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/172176-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

All of a sudden my wireless connection has gone down, thought it might be not paying the cable bill but my pc is able to connect to the internet.

I can connect via cable wire to the laptop from my router and can connect but after downloading and updating necessary drivers from IBM.com's driver list for my Cicso Systems PCI Wireless LAN Adapter, it still isn't working.
Laptop info: IBM Thinkpad T40, Centrino

I did an IPCONFIG and it says:
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Media State.....: Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
blah blah, it gives me the IP address to my router..192.168 etc..

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you got the router configured to address DHCP, and in the network configuration for the notebook, have it set to assign IP from DHCP? Have you done a site survey for SSID?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.250892/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell inspiron I never had a problem with connection untill few days ago I nevr installed anything or did any changes All of a sudden i have no acces to the router internet I can see the access point with excellect signal but when i try to connect to it it says unable to connect to I just wiped clean and re did the whole laptop all fresh new drivers all around It worked for few min when it came up to Network Connection.. Wireless update but ever since then no luck I get as far as it asking for password i enter it and no dice I deleted the connection shut down accessed the router from my hard wired connected pc changed SSID and password then rebooted laptop still cannot connect Wireless Network Connection.. I litterally have tried everything i Wireless Network Connection.. checked all forums and microsoft website and tried everthing i could find I even disabled the wireless miniadapter thats in win through cmd prompt IM STUCK PLEASE HELP

A:Wireless Network Connection..

Reboot the router/modem....unplug it from the power outlet for 1 minute and then plug it back in and let it run through it's set up. Then you should be able to connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270274-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Okay, I'm ****king desperate to get help, I'm so mad I'm not typing right. But PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get this message when I open The Wirless Network Tab I see this message

'Windows cannot configure this wireless connection

If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software.

If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service. For Information about starting the WZC service, see article 871122 in the microsoft knowledge on the microsoft.com Web Site.'
I've tried everything I possibly could, and people keep veiw my posts but won't help, I really need help, so please if you view this please tellll mee!!!!!!!

I'm just so lame noone will help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.1059607/
Relevancy 55.04%

i have 3 laptops 2 of which i have successfully setup wireless connection, however the 3rd one, using xp will not connect, keeps saying there must be some interferance between computer and signal, but they are only 2ft or so apart. any idea what problem could be, the others laptops are vista and windows 7,. would be xp be too old for this 'gateway' connection.

A:wireless network connection

Hi:Welcome to TSG:
Going to need quite a bit more info on this before we can suggest anything.
What is the exact error msg you are receiving ?

Let's see the following from the failing pc.
Let&#8217;s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

And let's see this from the failing pc as well as one that works:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

And let's make sure that all necessary tasks have been started.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
&#8226; COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
&#8226; Computer Browser
&#8226; DHCP Client
&#8226; DNS Client
&#8226; Network Connections
&#8226; Network Location Awareness
&#8226; Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
&#8226; Server
&#8226; TCP/IP Netbios helper
&#8226; Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
&#8226; WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
&#8226; Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic
If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.971969/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey. I can't get my Sony Vaio to connect to my brothers WiFi. My phone has connected fine, I'm typing this on it now, and a PC is connected. My laptop connects straight away at home and at uni, no problems there. I'm using Windows 7.

I checked to see if DHCP was enabled using the command prompt, and it says it isn't. So I went in to properties and all the wireless connections and local area connection were already set to automatically obtain an IP address. Might that still be the problem? Is there something else that might be causing this?

I type in the secruity key (correctly, I'm positive) and it thinks for a while before saying it can't connect. Or, a couple of times, it did connect but said there was limited network access/no internet connection.

Don't know much about computers, would seriously welcome any suggestions!

Relevancy 55.04%

hi everyone,

few days ago my connection internet on my laptop was working perfectly, i left on stand by during 2 nights and one morning internet wanst working anymore. it was saying that my connectivity has limited or no connectivity but my wireless is working excellent.

so i had a look on some forums on this site which i found helpful but unfornutely, it didnt work.

basically, i followed the processus to change my ip address, it did cancelled the old one but now it doesnt to renew it...

can you please help and guide me.

thanks
v

A:wireless network connection

Are you at home or on the road in a hotel or some other place with wifi?

Also, do this and post the specified info:

1) Click Start -> Run

2) Enter "cmd" (with the quotes) at the prompt and press enter

3) Type "ipconfig /all" (again, without the quotes and there's a space between the "g" and the"/") and press enter

4) Under the "Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection" heading, give the values for:

DHCP Enabled
Autoconfiguration Enabled
IP Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway

Once I have this information, I'll have a better idea about what troubleshooting path to take.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-connection-535464.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm having the same problem. My laptop will connect to all other wireless networks except for my home wireless router.
1394 Net Adapter
Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : owner-83907fe01
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Eth
ernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-D4-37-D1-8A

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-A5-BA-E3-64
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 206.74.254.2
Is the problem in assigning me an IP address?

A:No connection to wireless network

Hi and welcome cswing
it would be less confuisng if you would post a new thread with you problem

make and models would also help
have you taken secruity off

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-connection-to-wireless-network.580350/
Relevancy 55.04%

Everytime I open Explorer from my home wireless connection, I have to go into the control panel and "repair" the wireless connection. Any idea why? It does not appear to be an issue if I connect elsewhere.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217441/wireless-network-connection/
Relevancy 55.04%

So My mother went out and bought a NETGEAR wireless Internet router so that I could take my computer into my room and receive the wifi signal We hooked up the router and everything was perfectly fine until Wireless network connection. I took my computer to my room and Wireless network connection. my mother tried hooking up her HP laptop to the network I have a Mac Anyway once she tried doing that the network is no longer called NETGEAR It says FALLONPE-HP NETWORK the 'fallonpe' part being my mother's username on her laptop The new network asks for a password and this is where the problems start We tried using the NETGEAR password this didn't work We tried using the password for her user Wireless network connection. account on her laptop that didn't work either So my mother completely reset her computer back to it's default settings the default password didn't work Then we hooked my computer back to it uninstalled and then completely reinstalled the NETGEAR program We've disconnected and reconnected the router box several times but no matter what we do it's still reading the network as FALLONPE-HP NETWORK and we have no password in order to connect it If we had the password we'd be able to use the router on both devices So my question is does anyone know if there's a specific default password that I'm supposed to use If so would it be in the instruction manuel or something I'm really out of ideas for this thing and if anyone knows how to fix this problem I'd greatly appreciate your help

A:Wireless network connection.

the default password for most of the routers is either admin or password,but since your laptop is detecting the network as FALLONPE-HP_NETWORK,i think your moms laptop is getting detected as access point for your laptop,so do you get interent if your laptop is directly connected to the router..??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-network-connection-565225.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have two wireless networks one an unencrypted b and the other an encrypted n This brand new desktop employs a USB N wireless adapter I have Wireless network connection never tried to access the unencrypted network from this computer I have configured it to access automatically the encrypted network The connection works fine EXCEPT Issue No It disconnects overnight and I have to launch this connection manually every morning I will have connectivity to the internet but usually lose it after a short period I then usually have to disconnect and reconnect it several times before it gains internet connectivity that sticks That usually is then fine all day long Issue No My unencrypted network has shown up as quot Native WIFI Default Profile quot Occasionally the computer will spontaneously disconnect from the encrypted network and automatically Wireless network connection connect to Wireless network connection the unencrypted network even though the latter is configured for manual connection I REPEATEDLY Wireless network connection a have unchecked all the quot connect quot boxes in its properties but the box for quot Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name SSID quot always rechecks itself and b have moved it down in the pecking order under quot Manage Wireless Networks quot only to find it bounce back to the top and c have clicked quot Remove Network quot only to have it reappear again later I should add that there is another desktop using XP sitting right next to the one that I am complaining about which automatically connects to the encrypted network with a constant internet connection and stays connected for days on end with no difficulty Thanks

A:Wireless network connection

Sounds like your Wireless drivers don't play nicely with Seven.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55610-wireless-network-connection.html