Windows Support Forum

Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network

Q: Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network

Hi there I recently contacted the company that makes the Network Attached Storage device Cannot the device computers network NAS my view other or on I have synology DS but they were unable to assist me with my issue as quoted quot I would love to provide help with this issue but our support policy we cannot offer such support since we only support our NAS devices only Your issues falls into category of issues with windows quot So the issue with my network is this nbsp I have a barebones PC Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network running on windows and Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network a Network Attached storage device both of which are Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network connected to one another via ehternet and also to my router directly via ethernet I also have an Asus laptop and a Macbook pro which are all connected via wireless nbsp Before we moved house recently the network was working fine and I was able to view all computers from all computers on the network - This includes being able to view the NAS from my windows computer barebones Now that I moved I am not able to view any computers on the network However just this evening I completed a fix by clicking the box quot Enable NetBIOS Over TCP IP nbsp quot and I nbsp can now view the other computers on the network - but I still can't see my NAS device which is troubling The following items have either been checked or tried gt Network discovery is turned on gt I turned off the firewall and restarted the PC barebones - no fix gt Synology mentioned it may have something to do with DNS - not really sure where to start with those settings gt I am successfully connected to my network and have internet access on all computers gt I can access my NAS via wifi online server but this will not do I need to beable to see it as a networked drive Thanks in advance for your support regarding this matter nbsp Tony

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/579f708f-b0f4-496d-9316-f10ebbf70d03/cannot-view-other-computers-or-my-nas-device-on-the-network?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.87%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 74.82%

Dear all - ok I am a forum virgin so go easy on me. We have a 10 pc'c 6 of which run XP Pro two of which run Win7 and two run Win 8.1. I have set us all up as a workgroup with homegroup disabled on the two win8 pc's. I have set profiles on the win7 and win8 all to have shared file on, discover devices on and in the advanced sharing set up all setting are share file on/password off etc. All is fine except one of the win8 pc's simply will not show any of the other pc's within the workgroup other than the other win8 pc. I have trudged and trudged to see if I can find a solution without success. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

A:unable to view xp computers in network view on 8.1 pc

Have you tried setting up a different user profile on the Windows 8 machine with the problem?

Try setting up a standard account on the problem machine then see if can see the other machines. This will tell if you the current user profile is corrupted.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45562-unable-view-xp-computers-network-view-8-1-pc.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I finally got windows all setup on this computer but I cannot view my other computer through the network I was trying to setup a homegroup but it's not recognized So I decided that sharing files and folders was enough for me but I can't view either computer from the other To make this next part a bit easier to read I will call the computers compA and compB Whats really confusing me is I can view computers on different network I took both computers and connected to another network where I was able to view the computer on that network which is running vista The vista computer was able to view and communicate with both compA and compB compA and compB could obviously view and communicate with the vista computer but could not see each other I started thinking that it was a router issue but I checked other view network Cannot computers on everything I could think of to no avail I have also searched this forum and completed every step in this Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows HomeGroup Connection Issues Still no joy I don't know if this helps but I have an Xbox on the network as well The Xbox can use files videos and music from compA but cannot see compB Maybe this indicates a problem with compB Can anyone think of something that I missing BTW both compA and compB are running Win bit

A:Cannot view other computers on network

I Feel like I'm taking a Microsoft cert with this question LOL .

Make sure that both computer A and Computer B have Client for Microsoft Netwroks & File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks.
Click Start orb, type in ncpa.cpl Press Enter.

Navigate to your current connection and Right click and choose properties.

Verify that Client for Microsoft Netwroks & File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks. have checkmarks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274979-cannot-view-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hi

i have windows 7 on both machines, where i am so far away from my router i have an alfa wirless adapter hooked in to it and i bridged the conections with my lan and hooked up a new router, everything works fine like the internet but when i try and view files on the network i cant see the computers hooked on the new network and they cant see me eather. help

A:cant view other computers on network

So both your machines connect to the same router or you are using one computer as a relay to your router by having 2 networks on it, if so are these both wireless or is one wired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198587-cant-view-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I cant view network computers via wireless in windows xp.

its my work computer and i need to connect to the printer is anybody can help me asap i would gladly appreciate it...thank you in advanced...

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\bodyshop2>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : bodyshop2
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : launchmodem.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe
rnet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-3F-D8-C9-4A

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : launchmodem.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Wireless-B Notebook Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-66-06-6A-C8
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.104
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, June 18, 2007 9:16:37 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:16:37 AM

Relevancy 69.66%

I want to view all computers in my network. If I click "view workgroup computers", I can view only computers in my workgroup. There are more computers with different workgroup name in the network. I would like to view them as well. Is it possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-view-computers-in-different-workgroup-in-the-same-network.979397/
Relevancy 69.66%

Can anyone help me Please I had try everything I can but still Can't view My computers Places others in Network not working - Windows Firewall is disabled - I can ping the other computers IP addresses but I Can't view others computers in My Network Places cannot ping their names - Enable NetBIOS over TCP IP is on now as well - Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults type netsh int ip reset reset log - Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults type netsh winsock reset catalog Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- HP lt gt UNIQUE Registered Can't view others computers in My Network Places HP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered HP lt gt UNIQUE Registered ADMINISTRATOR lt gt UNIQUE Registered C Documents and Settings Administrator gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- - Can't view others computers in My Network Places D- E-EB- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description USB Wireless LAN Card Physical Address C - A- -CA-B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday November AM Lease Expires Thursday December AM nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Dear All I have stumbled on a strange issue on my home in network view foreign computers pc The short story is I can see other computers in my network view which is not suppose to be there ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting It looks like this on imageshack Only one of these pc's is mine Before you jump to conclusions i want to share what I did so far i'm an IT professional coder and has been so for years System Windows Ultimate bit MS security essentials is running - nothing comes up I cant ping foreign computers in network view these other pc's nslookup cant resolve them Clicking them produces an error The network path was not found Windows Firewall is on I tried Sysinternals tcpview - nothing suspicious going on - no connections to the names Only mac adresses i know is connected to my router I cant see any of these quot pc-ghosts quot in attached devices Wireless security is quot on quot I have as far as I know never been connected to these computers Tried purging arp cahce Tried nbtstat -R Tried changing home network name Any ideas how to find out what is going on Where does explorer get this information from to display a network icon Googling this quot phenomenon quot show many people have had are having this experience but in no forums I have seen a solution All the best Bike Skeeto

A:foreign computers in network view

Could you post a screen shot of the window you are seeing these ghost PCs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156399-foreign-computers-network-view.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi, this question is for a friend of mine at work. She has 2 different computers at her home.One is a Desktop that has Vista and the other is a Laptop that has Win-7. They are both on a router and the Laptop is wireless.

She said originally someone had it setup to where if she was on the desktop, she could see the drives on the laptop and visa-versa but not she unable to do this. She dis say there are 3 different profiles setup on them, one for her, her daughter and her husband.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great...thanks so much...

A:How to view drives on 2 different computers on same network?

What changed? Did she reinstall or change workgroups, etc?

To find computers on the network, network discovery must be turned ON. To access files, etc you must select what files and or folders you want to share.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-view-drives-on-2-different-computers-on-same-network.1050061/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all..

Good morning..

here i hav a small problem..

i have a network printer connected to an XP system..
the printer software is installed only in this system and was used by all the users in the network..

it was working fine for last 4 months..

now suddenly its stops working..

when i checked the network.. i cant see this XP computer frm other computers..

now when i searched for other computers from this XP computer in My Network Places, nothing is visible other than current system..

but when i tried to ping other computers, its working..
also when i run \\computername from run also working..
when i typed the command net view in cmd, it shows only the current system.

pls help me to solve this..

thanks in advance..

A:Cannot view computers in My Network Places

Hello,

Do you know when this problem occured? You could try using System Restore to try restoring to a date before the problem occured..

Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

Regards,
George

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-view-computers-in-my-network-places-518239.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have done a search already on this topic but none of the suggestions in those threads helped with my issue First off I have a small office network going on at my firm We have workstations all computers network to Unable Solved: view with the same specs running Windows Solved: Unable to view network computers XP Professional Service Pack We are using a D-Link DIR- router Two machines connect via wireless using n usb adapters and the third machine connects via CAT We have a NAS drive and a Dell Multifunction printer connected to the network as well I am able to set up file and printer sharing on the network as long as I map each device using pcname sharename I am able to ping each device from all of the computers I have disabled all firewalls on all of the machines using windows firewall and McAfee My issue is I am unable to view any of the workgroup computers I get an access error stating that my workgroup is not accessible etc I am trying to implement Acronis to do back ups of each of the workstations using my machine as the administrative machine I can use our Anyplace Control software to access all the computers but unable to access the machines via My Network Places Any help you can provide would be tremendous Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I have 2 computers (2 desktops, both desktops have a wireless connection to the internet via a Netgear router and USB adapters). Both computers have the same workgroup name and all use Windows XP Home SP2. Both computers connect to the internet fine, however,I can open a file or folder from workgroup computer PC 2 from PC 1, but when I try to access a folder on PC1 from PC 2 I get an error message states that the file is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. The network path was not found. Also, when I try to view workgroup computers from either PC I see only the comptuter I am searching from.

Other information that might be useful: Windows Firewalls are on, AVG Internet Security is installed and running on one and McAfee Security is running on the other one. I can ping each one to the othe fine. All permissions are properly set for sharing.

A:Cannot view workgroup computers via Wireless Network?

Can you ping both ways by computer name? Have you disabled all firewalls to see if this is a firewall issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-workgroup-computers-via-wireless-network.614697/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi there, I have 1 laptop and 1 Desktop PC connected to my wireless network, using a adapter for the desktop. I cannot see my desktop for example if i go to "network" on my laptop. the only computer there is my laptop, but not my desktop. I have enabled sharing etc...and tried going to the individual folders and enabling them for sharing. No luck. Would appreciate any help at all.

Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys well I'm trying to set up the best network possible.... I use the Linksys WRTG. And I have 2 wired computers, and 2 wireless computers. But everyonce in a while I have problems, and don't know what to do... or how to fix them. Right now I can see the folder for my other wired connection, but I can't access it and I can't see the computer in the "View networked computers", so I guess that folder is there just because windows has seen it before, but not now.

I'm thinking about just restarting my network again, anyone have a good guide or anyhting?

Relevancy 67.94%

Usually I use the arp -a command to view all computers connected to the LAN network, however sometime the arp -a can't miss to discover 1 or 2 computer but the rest of group of computers is discoverable by arp -a.
Is there anyway to view all LAN network computers with built-in tools from windows OS?

A:How to view all computers connected to LAN network without 3rd party software?

Apart from the command that you are using, the only other way that you will be able to see all devices on your LAN is if you are in the same workgroup as the devices and if they have something that can be accessed by you (Share). To view all available shares go to command prompt and type the following command exactly:

Code:
net view
This should bring up a list of devices that can be accessed by your machine.

A similar viewing can be seen in networking and sharing center

Note
I am currently using Windows 7 however please be assured that the steps are the same

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300613-how-view-all-computers-connected-lan-network-without-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I ll try to keep Adapter separate on manager Network no device in longer computers! two showing this short with as much info as possible A couple days ago I was sitting by my computer I wasnt actually doing anything it Network Adapter no longer showing in device manager on two separate computers! was just on when my internet dropped There was a thunderstorm outside so i thought maybe the router lost power and I went to reset it Everything was still on but I reset anyway Still no internet I went to the network amp sharing but it was saying there is no connection I went to the device manager and there was no network adapter in the list nothing I thought maybe it was the wire at first so i plugged it into my laptop and it worked instantly Obviously its a problem with my computer I then called GIGABYTE support mobo brand and he had me go into BIOS and I had n a where my mac address should be He said that was causing the problem and I would need to get a warranty claim or install a third party network card I salvaged an old old netowrk adapter from a hewlett packard pavilion intel pentium iii and it connected instantly Everything seemed fine until i went to log into League of Legends I kept getting an error stating quot did not receive response from server quot My friend told me to try opening internet explorer then logging in Somehow that magically worked and we have no idea why So everything seemed fixed Fast forward to yesterday my dads computer does the same thing and says there no internet connection I check device manager and no network adapter shows up on the list like the network adapter tree isnt even there I didnt have another card and was too lazy to put the one in my computer to see if that worked but I am inclined to believe that this cant just be coincidence can it What would do this to two separate computers on the same network My mom and brothers laptops connect fine wirelessly and are okay when i use an ethernet cable any ideas as to what is going on here I am afraid more computers will encounter this problem Your help is appreciated and I thank you in advance nbsp

A:Network Adapter no longer showing in device manager on two separate computers!

What would do this to two separate computers on the same network?Click to expand...

Two things come immediately to mind: coincidence, or defective router (some kind of electrical problem in the ethernet switch).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-no-longer-showing-in-device-manager-on-two-separate-computers.1101782/
Relevancy 56.76%

This is a question for information about why my networking problem finally was resolved I have four PC s on my network one Windows and three Windows XP The Windows PC always sees all three of the other computers However the Windows XP computers sometimes don t see the other XP computers when I press My Network Places Quite by accident I discovered that "View when Network Places" Why "My does Workgroup Computers" doesn't? work if I press View Workgroup Computers then ALL the other PC s in the network DO show up Furthermore if I click through quot View Workgroup Computers quot and access edit a file on one of the other computers then this computer will ALSO show up in My Network Places This behavior seems to be quite consistent and works every time I have tried it Apparently this is a workaround to the long vexing problem of why Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? my networked PC s sometimes don t show up under My Network Places My question why does View Workgroup Computers apparently always show all the networked PC s when My Network Places does so only intermittently or sometimes not at all Thanks for Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? any response Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-does-view-workgroup-computers-work-when-my-network-places-doesnt-487868.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Many moons ago I made a CD-R of various word documents and saved image files on an HP computer using I think Windows ME. Now that same CD-R cannot be viewed in either that computer or my new computer with Windows XP but CAN be partially viewed on Windows Vista laptop. when put into the CD drive the "MY COMPUTER" reads the that the CD drive is empty which I know it is not. so how to view on the regular computers HELP please. I don't really have access to the laptop or vista.and any help looking at my saved AOL/ "art " files will be helpful, this seems to be a standard problem from what I have read.. thanks

A:can't view CD-R on other computers

Welcome to TSG. Do you happen to remember what program you used to burn the cd ? One possible reason may be that you used "packet writing" software in which case you whould need a udf reader installed in order to read it on a pc wihich does not have the packet writing installed on it. Google for udf reader and you will find a link to download Adeptec UDF READER. Give it a try you got nothing to lose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-view-cd-r-on-other-computers.640136/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a small network which consists of 2 subnets. Both subnets have full firewall access to each other, with workstations on 1 subnet, and servers on the other. All workstations are Windows XP Pro, completely up to date, the servers are Windows 2003 Server based, and I am using Active Directory. I am running the WINS service as well.

I am trying to figure out why some of the servers only list some of the workstations and/or other servers on the entire network. They are all on the same domain, I can share files, ping, etc. without any issues.

I'm thinking it might be related to some master browser issues, but I have read conflicting information regarding disabling this. I have 2 AD servers, the other servers are just members. If it is master browser related, which machines should be running this service?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

A:Only able to see some of the computers using net view

Did I really stump everyone, or did I post in the wrong section?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-able-to-see-some-of-the-computers-using-net-view.861391/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I click on the work group computers, the following message displays. " ____ is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this net work resources.Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The server service is not started.

Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-view-the-workgroup-computers.779077/
Relevancy 52.89%

I was wondering how I could view the computers on my LAN without actually having to type 192.168.1.1 and log into my router configuration. Is there a way to do this through command prompt?

A:How to view connected computers

SuperScan will show you all of the connected devices that respond to the pings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-view-connected-computers.890552/
Relevancy 52.89%

can view other computers but i cannot access them. i have 2 vista machines one xp and one windows 7. ive tried different hubs, switches and routers. wired and wireless.

Relevancy 52.89%

My brother asked me to use my bank card to buy some tickets for something (he doesn't have one).

But I think he may have print screened the bank number then sent it to himself. Something like that anyway. You don't know him, so don't assume he wouldn't do something like that.

There is a recent picture which is "d.jpg" which can't be found now. I think something is fishy, he also decided to delete his email password, which I would never check but he never does, and it leaves me to believe he did do something.

So please, does anyone know how I can check if he saved a pic using paint then deleted it?

Thanks.

A:How do I view computers history/log? (Please help)

try the search facility start search

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-view-computers-history-log-please-help-360345.html
Relevancy 52.89%

my network has both vista & XP Computers . I cannot view the XP pcs from my vista .. all those are on the same work group..

Pls Help

Shiran

A:cannot view Xp Computers from vista

"view"? Meaning you can't ping by IP address?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-xp-computers-from-vista.832146/
Relevancy 52.89%

XP Pro SP1

Click on "View Workgroup Computers" and Internet Explorer crashes. System will only show network folders if each one is individually added using "Add a Network Place". When computer is started in "Safe Mode with Networking", all the network becomes visible.

Any ideas please.

A:Can't view workgroup computers

Assumption: All computers are XPSP1 and using the same workgroup...

Are you using simple file sharing?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-view-workgroup-computers-56767.html
Relevancy 52.89%

not able to view the workgroup computers
When I click on the work group computers, the following message displays. " ____ is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this net work resources.Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The server service is not started.

Please help

A:not able to view the workgroup computers

Go to Start -> Run
Type services.msc
A list will present itself of all your currently installed services
Look for a service called Server
It's status should be started and automatic

If not right click on the service and click Properties
Set the startup type to Automatic and click the start button then click ok

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-view-the-workgroup-computers.779079/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been trying to computers' get to work to 'view workgroup How solve this problem for a long time A little background I have been fooling around with windows computers my whole life and I know that getting windows How to get 'view workgroup computers' to work networking on xp to work is like solving world hunger its close to impossible I have made sure all of the settings are correct in windows file and printer sharing is enabled no firewalls etc the computers are configured correctly on the the network they can all ping each other and access the internet yet whenever I try to 'view network computers' I either get nothing or an error saying that I might not have access BTW I am not running any kind of AD its just a standard WORKGROUP I have been reading online lately about the Computer Browser service and its registry keys IsDomainMaster and MaintainServerList although I can't find a solid explaination about this service Does anyone here know how to configure the service or its registry keys so that I will be able to 'view network computers' and have it actually work And further more how do I designate which computer MaintainsServerList or IsDomainMaster Any additional comments on the topic of the browser service would be greatly appreciated Thank you all in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-get-view-workgroup-computers-to-work-228416.html
Relevancy 52.03%

We have 4 computers at home.
2= old gateways
1= 8 month old e-machine
1= HP slimline
All desktops
We are on a linksys wireless router.

On my emachine computer it only
shows 2 of the computers when I
hit "View Workgroup Computers"

Where are the other 2 computers? And how can i get them to show?

Thank You,
Michael

Relevancy 52.03%

I am having an issue and cannot seem to figure out what happened and what is wrong.

I have five computers all running windows xp professional. For some reason I cannot seem to view the "workgroup" computers...

I have checked to make sure they all are using the same "name". I even set-up the network again.

I restarted the routers and computers.

I looked uninstalled and reinstalled microsoft tcp/ip version 6 protocol

I have done everything I can think of.

The strange thing is that synergy still allows me to use the mouse and keyboard on all networked computers. I just can't view their contents.

Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Windows XP can't view workgroup computers

Each computer should have a unique name, not the same Computer name, or they will conflict. They should be under the same Workgroup name, not the blank Workgroup. Make sure each computer has a User Name and Password to login to the computer. Make sure Simple File Sharing is turned on and that there is something shared on each computer. Go to each of the computers Start/Run and type CMD and press enter. In the Command Prompt type ipconfg /all and press enter. Write down the IP address of each computer. Make sure all computers have the same Default Gateway (your routers IP Address). now Ping the the IP address of a remote computer (eg) type ping 192.168.1.12 and press enter. You should get an answer from each computer.
Now go to Start/Run and type the computer name of a remote computer (eg) \\computer this should open the remote computer and show you the shared files and printers on the computer.
If this fails, turn Simple File sharing off.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-cant-view-workgroup-computers-947314.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys!
I have a comp and a laptop connected in LAN trough a router
I'm having problem with my "workgroup computers" on my computer.
It seems it doesn't show computer names so I cant access shared files.
They are pinging each other in cmd they are in the same workgroup,I have netbios enabled, and weird enough my brother played counter strike with his friend on LAN
My node type is unknown on computer and I dont have enableproxy in registry
Thank you for every help available

Relevancy 52.03%

Can you helpful folks tell me if it is possible to view my photos through picasa on 2 computers on our network?
How do I set it up?

Relevancy 52.03%

I have a PC and a Laptop connected with each other with a crossover cable i assigned them an IP address i can ping from each of them computers workgroup view Can't Solved: i can view network computers from the Laptop the PC and access its shared folders but i can t do it from the PC From the PC i doubleclick on quot My Network Places quot icon-nothing on the screen here then i click on quot View network computers quot Solved: Can't view workgroup computers and nothing happens no computers appear on the screen no error message and in the quot Address quot field above it continues to show it is written quot My Network Places quot it doesn t change the Workstation service is enabled automatic not started and i can t start it error shows up the dependency service or group failed to start this service depends on the MS OrganizationUnit Exstension service when i try to start it the error shows up the executable program that this service is configured to run in does Solved: Can't view workgroup computers not implement the service Computer Browser service is not started because it depends on Workstation service and so error shows up the same for Net Logon service and Remote Procedure Call RPC Locator service I hope that you can help me Please Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

In XP, I was able to get memory information from remote computers by right-clicking Computer, Manage Computer, Action, Connect to Another Computer, type in the computer name, then right click on the computer and and click on properties to get the memory information. Can you get information on memory from remote systems in Windows 7? I sometimes need to do this to determine if I need to order more RAM for systems that are being upgraded in an enterprise environment.

A:Need To View Memory On Remote Computers

Did you go though the steps you just listed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/90298-need-view-memory-remote-computers.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have an office server set up to about 10 computers. We hired 4 new people and had to set up their computers on our network. Set up was easy and quick as usual. But when I was done, the other computer users, and even the new ones were complaining about not being able to access the DEFCON5 (name of our server) folder to get what they needed.

Basically the only workstations that show up when I click Network are the computers I added the other day, and the computer that is used more than any other computer (the CEO's). We can still access the files by typing the location as \\DEFCON5\***\*** and find what we need. But not everyone at my office is computer savy (no body is) and I would like to not have to keep running around and showing everyone this.

Anyone got some help?

Relevancy 52.03%

I've got 2 laptops connected to a wireless network. Both can connect to the internet. I've gone through the networking wizard, disabled ALL firewalls on both computers. I can ping my own IP's on each. My Dell can ping my Toshiba, but my Toshiba can't ping the Dell (yes, I am pinging the proper IP's). Neither one can see the other one through network connections. Both computers have the TCP/IP box checked under the wireless network connection properties. When attempting to view the workgroup, I get the "home" network is not available. I've also enabled file sharing on both computers from the root drives. Anybody have any ideas?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I am using windows 7 ultimate system.

I could open 'network and sharing center' using the run command
'control /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter'.

In that window, on the left, under 'Tasks' I have to click 'View computers and devices'

Is there any way to open the 'view computers and devices' from 'run' command.

Thanks in advance
uv

A:run command for 'view computers and devices'

See if what you are looking for is in this list - Canonical Names of Control Panel Items (Windows)

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/run-command-for-view-computers-and-devices-552124.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Recently i purchased a D-Link 8 Port Switch to link my two (2) laptops on the network at home. One laptop is running Vista Home and the other is on XP Pro.

I assiged static IP address on both laptops and left Workgroup name as default (WORKGROUP). I'm able to ping it's laptop local IP address but not able to ping the other laptop IP address nor i cannot view the laptops in My Network Places & vice versa.

When i changed the IP address and used the same IP address which is already used on the other laptop, I'm prompting with IP Conflict or IP already used on the network.

Need your instruction what to do next.

black_tiger

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/181417-unable-view-workgroup-computers.html
Relevancy 52.03%

OS is XP Home.
Problem:
A.) I can ping computerX within the LAN and part of the workgroup. I cannot see computerX in network neighborhood/workgroup, all I can see is "workgroup" with no computers listed.
If I type in \\computerX in explorer, it doesnt find anything either.

B.) Same computer: When I open windows explorer and scroll down up comes DEP (data execution prevention) and then explorer crashes and restarts.
I added explorer to the DEP exeptions and although DEP doesnt come up via the open of explorer, explorer does still crash.

All of this happends eaven when in safe mode w/networking.

Any ideas?

A:Can ping but cannot map drive or view computers?(XP)

make sure all computers have netbios enable and that the computer browser service is enable on computer Management services and applications and that all computers are part of the same workgroup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-ping-but-cannot-map-drive-or-view-computers-xp.450131/
Relevancy 51.6%

Some new phones are doing away with the virtual HDD and switching to MTP for transferring files to from the device Because of this every time I want to copy MP s to my MTP device I get a Windows message saying quot Your nbsp device might not be able to play or view this file quot forcing me to click quot Ignore this error quot every time I start a new copy I am VERY grateful that there is an option that says quot Do this for all view this message device to MP3s play when able might "Your warning to be not copying device file" or MTP remaining files quot but it's still really annoying because each time I start a new file warning message "Your device might not be able to play or view this file" when copying MP3s to MTP device copy it pops up To be clear this is not a device or driver issue This is a windows prompt that is specifically tied to MTP devices Is there a registry key I can change so Windows will automatically assume the answer is quot Yes your file will be copied but you might not be able to play or view it on your device quot Or perhaps a key where I can change the file types this prompt is tied to

A:warning message "Your device might not be able to play or view this file" when copying MP3s to MTP device

Hi,

Based on my research and test, I?m afraid that this feature is by-design. We cannot simply disable or change the feature by editing the registry.

I think you can use the transfer tool from your phone manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ec3e084-735c-4456-90f0-fc190ab36a7f/warning-message-quotyour-device-might-not-be-able-to-play-or-view-this-filequot-when-copying?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 51.6%

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network.  It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON.  This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it.  The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.6%

A few days ago I had a brand new router completely crash. Today I noticed in my new routers firewall log of other computers on my isp being blocked from accessing services. Today I tried to connect to a computer on my local network and discovered I can see the other computers connected to my ISP in the windows networking viewer. Is this something I should call my router company about?
Is this something I should contact my ISP about? Or is this something meaning I should beef up security to paranoid levels?

A:Able to view other computers attached to ISP in apartment complex

Might want to put a password on that router of yours

if you give the make/model of the Router, I'm sure we can walk you through securing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/175948-able-view-other-computers-attached-isp-apartment-complex.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Any ideas guys? Our workgroup network keeps going funny. Any pre-existing shortcuts work fine, and any of the 'My Network Places' links are fine, but to find a place that isn't showing in 'My Network Places' I have to view workgroup computers, and that tells me " MSHOME is not accessable"

Any idea how I can fix it? Restarting the router doesn't seem to help.

A:Cant 'view Workgroup computers' but shortcuts work.

I'm not sure but try naming all of the workgroups on the computers to the same thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-view-workgroup-computers-but-shortcuts-work.704867/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have recently formatted my computer. I have installed Windows XP on the machine and now I cannot access my workgroup.

I am connected to my network via ethernet, I have made sure I am on the right workgroup and I am.. but I still get the message..

"Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
The list of servers for this workgroup is currently not available."

Thanks

Josh

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey so my brother gave me a new motherboard last weekend and I had to reformat consequently since then however I have been unable to view or access my netbook or network drive Before reformatting I was running on Windows ultimate x and I am now running on the same however in x instead I know that my network is working as I can access my network drive through to other view computer unable now computers and reformatted Just my netbook but I am unable to see my computer or netbook through both devices but seen as my netbook was able to see my pc prior to reformatting I am pretty sure it is an issue with my computer I have done all the usual checks through the network and sharing center to ensure that everything is shared correctly and that network discovery is Just reformatted computer and now unable to view other computers turned on I have reformatted before and sometimes suffered with the same problem but after tinkering around I have been able to fix it so I am guessing it is something to do with the change over to x Any help would be appreciated as it will be annoying not being able to access my files especially those within my network drive without having to use my netbook instead just to be able to use it Cheers Ellie

A:Just reformatted computer and now unable to view other computers

Is the workgroup name correct? Does it match the other computer(s)?

Click on My Computer, select Properties. Click on Advanced System Settings then Computer Name. Click the Change button to change it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/234635-just-reformatted-computer-now-unable-view-other-computers.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have the exact same problem between 2 identical PCs working on XP Professional SP2. When I click on "view workgroup computers", I can only see my own.

Help!

A:View Workgroup Computers only shows mine

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-workgroup-computers-only-shows-mine.565761/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a network of XP and Win computers and from time to time the quot veiw network computers quot stops working and hangs the computer for several minutes This is true on XP machines and also true on Win machines in quot Network neighbourhood quot Running computername in Start Run can still access some computers and shortcuts to some computers previously placed on the desktop still work Ping still works and each machine can still access the internet Finally after View hangs solved - workgroup computers computer years of debugging I have worked out the answer The problem is when a computer invariably gets so bogged down with viruses it needs a complete reinstall Part of the reinstall process involves creating a firewall And firewalls usually have a quot trusted View workgroup computers hangs computer - solved zone quot of IP addresses eg to The problem is if you forget to add the quot trusted zone quot especially as this setting may be hidden in a sub menu eg on Zonealarm Clicking quot view network computers quot sends out a message to all machines on the network and they all then are supposed to respond But if View workgroup computers hangs computer - solved there is just one machine on the network with a firewall that is blocking the request the requesting machine will hang waiting for the other machine to respond So one machine on the network that is incorrectly set up can disable the View workgroup computers hangs computer - solved entire network It is even more confusing if that incorrectly setup machine is only on sometimes - the quot view network computers quot hang now becomes an intermittent problem I m posting this here to hopefully save others wasting time going and changing their perfectly good hardware setup and perfectly fine TCP IP settings etc I hope this helps someone nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-workgroup-computers-hangs-computer-solved.736158/
Relevancy 51.17%

I can "Shift" click Windows Explorer icon three times and view three separate Explorer windows and navigate to a specific folder on each networked PC. I would like to know if I can make a batch file or shortcut to do this with one click. Possible or not? I only discovered the shift click combo today after a lot of messing about. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Even if there is some decent freeware that can do this.

A:View three networked computers simultaneously in Windows Explorer

Welcome .

If I understood you correctly you are opening three different windows of explorer and navigate each
to a different network shared folder, correct?

You can also navigate to a specific IP / comuter name on the network like so:

Using the Run command.

\\127.0.0.1\Some Folder or \\Comuter Name\Some Folder
So you can create a simple batch file which will serve as a type of shortcut.

Using Notepad to create the batch.

All I have to do is add start before the path I want to get to.

start \\127.0.0.1\Some Folder or start \\Comuter Name\Some Folder

Note
There is a space after the start command.

Than saving that short command as a .bat instead if the default .txt .

If you're having difficulties just post the paths you want to get to an I can write it up for you .

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309888-view-three-networked-computers-simultaneously-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have 3 laptops on the same router under the same workgroup name. Over the wifi they can not view or even successfully ping each other. However, if I plug anyone of the 3 laptops directly into the router via ethernet I can view/ping the wireless computers and the wireless computers can view/ping the wired computer, over the network.

I'm pretty sure I have all the firewall restrictions set correctly and have the right services running. What am I doing wrong here? I've viewed multiple forums and have tried multiple things but still no dice.

Any ideas would be more than welcome. I've been going through forums on this topic, for hours now; trying different things but nothing has worked... obviously.

I will post the ipconfig for 2 of the laptops... the third is being used for work right now.

A:Solved: Cannot view or access computers wirelessly under the same workgroup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-view-or-access-computers-wirelessly-under-the-same-workgroup.1019169/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a LAN with three computers attached: one running Windows 95a, one with Win98, and one with Windows 2000 Professional. The two 9x computers can "see" each other in Network Neighborhood, and the Windows 2000 computer can "see" the others, but neither 9x computer can connect into the Win2k computer.

On the Windows 98 computer, I get a dialog box requesting a password to resource \\COMPUTERNAME\IPC$. However, I do not recall setting any IPC password, and the Administrator password does not work there.

The Windows 95 computer, however, simply tells me: "\\COMPUTERNAME is not accessible. Your password has expired."

How can I make the two Win9x computers view my shares on the Win2000 computer?

Thanks in advance.

A:{Solved} - Windows 9x computers can't view Win2k Pro share

Greetings

1) Make sure that your Win9x machines and Win2K machine have the same workgroup name

2) Make sure the Win9x machines are logging in with the Client for Microsoft networks, and that they are using a username and password.

3) In win2K, create user accounts for the username and passwords used to log onto the Win9x machines (or, you could just log onto the Win9x machines with the same username and password you use to log onto the Win2K machine)

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-9x-computers-cant-view-win2k-pro-share.29314/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I apologize in advance that is this is not a technical question but rather an informational one But I like this community and trust the answers provided here so this is where I thought best to turn to We have a small office and we are all connected via Wi-Fi I was helping my boss wife adjust her Windows update settings and I saw something on her computer that referenced my computer This was awhile ago but I saw quot Christopher-pc quot I think it was listed as one of the devices on our little network here in the office I m not actively purposefully sharing any drives folders on our network but could there be something I am overlooking This is my work personal computer and I don t want anyone to be able to view contents of my computer We re not actively small on office my computers LAN Solved: other computer? our Can access/view running any type of admin software here so that s not a worry This is a small office in a corner of Africa with minimal technology This is basically identical to using a Wi-Fi router in your home and the family sharing the internet connection Are there specific settings I should check in my computer to make sure that my machine can t be accessed Firewall settings are managed by my McAfee subscription and Solved: Can other computers on our small office LAN access/view my computer? I m conservative when allowing exceptions I m just not sure why my computer Christopher-pc was visible on her machine Thanks guys and if there is Solved: Can other computers on our small office LAN access/view my computer? a more appropriate place to ask questions of this nature non-technical issue please feel free to point me in that direction Best Chris nbsp

A:Solved: Can other computers on our small office LAN access/view my computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-other-computers-on-our-small-office-lan-access-view-my-computer.935839/
Relevancy 49.02%

Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network screen I have a home network with laptops and desktop The desktop I use as a quot file server quot in that all work done on the laptops is stored to the to Explorer Unable network computers Windows in see scree home Network desktop The desktop computer name is HAL One laptop is fine and sees the network The other just stopped seeing it rebooted the laptop rebooted HAL did a number of refreshes without any luck I opened EXCEL and found a worksheet that was listed that I knew was saved Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree on HAL Was able to open the file and when I tried the SAVE AS I could navigate through all of HAL just as normal Went to Windows Explorer and still no HAL listed as a COMPUTER on the NETWORK I have a internet connection so I know I am making it to the router at least And when I check NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER it shows an active home network Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree The laptop is running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build Thanks in advance for any help George

A:Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree

Still working on the problem. Tried to do a system restore back to the point where everything was working. Still no HAL showing as a network computer; Excel now does not recognize the path that worked yesterday. But now I am able to create a shortcut that will take me to HAL on the network. Guess this is a good enough fix for right now. When I go to Windows Explorer, Network it still only shows the 2 laptops and not HAL......WHY????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229783-unable-see-home-network-computers-windows-explorer-network-scree.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 48.59%

I got a new HP-v220w pendrive 8 gb. On some computers i get a message that USB device not recognized.
While on others if at all it's recgnized it only works in 1 port
plz help guys. i don't want to lose it coz it's so small and cute
thanks in advance..

Relevancy 48.59%

I have created an ad hoc wireless network by the name quot Trial quot and created a network key as quot letstry quot Now I am trying to login to this network from other computer which is in the same room at ft distance This ad hoc network appears files in to network copying ad ad network computers connecting from hoc hoc and in the list of available networks When I connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network try to connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network login it asks for the network key I provided network key and then confirmed it now when I click connect instead of getting connected to first computer I am getting pop up window mwssage In the title bar of the pop window it says quot Wireless configuration quot In the message it reads quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot Then I changed network key to quot letstry quot i e exactly ascii characters and now I am able to connect to the ad hboc wireless network of first computer Does it mean that network key has to bne exactly or ascii characters and nothing else than that If not then quot letstry quot network key has ascii characters between and ascii characters then why am I getting this kind of message But now I can not browse files of fisrt computer from second computer or vice versa When I am connnected to ad hoic network and open network and sharing center I see only one link quot My computer - gt internet quot which is broken Usually the link diagram is shown as quot My computer - gt Network - gt internet quot When I am connected to ad hoc network quot network quot part from the diagram is missing If there is quot network quot part in the diagram may be I can browse computers in the network and see other computer But since I can not see other computer this way how can I connect to other computer Whats the way to browse other connected computers in the ad hoc network How do I copy files from one computer to other When I click on computer I can not see the files or folders of other computer Please guide me how to copy files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-ad-hoc-network-and-copying-files-from-computers-in-ad-hoc-network-479434.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Help! I'm looking for a network tool to monitor network users, sort of an MRTG, that will graph bandwidth use (packets in, packets out) for each client machine. However, I also want to see where the packets are coming and going. The tool I'm looking for should allow me to retrieve the logs or graphs remotely.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

A:Network Monitoring Tool to view how clients use the network

try Ethereal
http://www.ethereal.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-monitoring-tool-to-view-how-clients-use-the-network.30401/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all,
My friend gave me her USB device in tears because after an improper eject, it is now unrecognizable by any of the PCs she connected it to.

The error in the device manager (in WinXP) is "Unknown Device" and that's what popped up after I first plugged it into my PC.
I've tried disabling, uninstalling, updating drivers - the typical slew.... is there any chance it, or the data salvageable?

I haven't tried it on my CentOS system yet -
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 47.73%

ok so i made another post about this but it got deleted which i think was very unfair regarding it was an issue with windows xp bit and how it functions basically im trying to install an audio card but am getting the error message that it cannot find enough resources to run error code now there are no other audio device install resources manager device view that are appearing in the device manager so basically what is it that makes windows decide which resources a device should use is device manager resources view it the drivers i have been repeatedly told that when you click the device and go to the resources tab there should be resources listed there which should let me determine if that resources is being used by another device but un resources i simply get the error code message and nothing else no resources or anything else listed THIS IS A WINDOWS ISSUE AS THIS HAS WORKED ON MY SYSTEM BEFORE what would cause windows to behave like this and what are possible solutions or things to look into if this is still somehow deemed not a windows issue then please inform me instead of simply deleting this thread i am not trying to spam i simply want a solution and this is the only logical place i can find for this issue thank you in advance

A:device manager resources view

(bump)

no one? :(

i would very much like to get my sound working again
my stuff, www.youtube.com/leonardozuccarelli :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-resources-view-479017.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Preface I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows to windows I also have a desktop that is still running windows One of the hard drives on my desktop is shared and I often-enough will copy files from my laptop to my desktop The laptop connects wirelessly and the desktop is wired Today however I could not get my laptop to see my desktop on the network It is connected to in Other network showing; computers not shows old instead. network the network I am receiving internet just fine When I first click the network tab in the navigation pane it does not list any section for any computers Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead. So I tell it to refresh and after a moment it now displays three computers all of which were ones I would see on the network from a house I no longer live in Now as it just so happens one of those computers is my desktop as I had it back then but when I try to access it it just gives me the spinning wheel for a while and then just says it can't access it If I click quot diagnose quot it doesn't find anything that's wrong This is pretty much the same result I get form trying to connect to one of the computers from my old house I haven't changed any settings and I was indeed able to connect to that computer at this house just a week or so ago Not sure what the problem is but I haven't tried much other than resetting the computer I'm open to suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62461-other-computers-network-not-showing-shows-old-network-instead.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I ran through the Network Wizard again, and put in the address of my desktop computer and voila!, the icon came back. I'm not a tech wizard by any means, and didn't know what the address of my desktop computer looked like, but I found some hints online and tried them. Thanks for the help guys.

A:Resolved: Network Places - Can't see one of the computers on My Network

No need to post a new thread to tell us this, just respond in the original thread. Also, you can mark the thread solved using the thread tools at the top of the page.

Here's your original thread: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/667123-network-places-can-t-see.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-network-places-cant-see-one-of-the-computers-on-my-network.667264/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi

Might be a stoopid question ...

My XBox360 is wired by ethernet into my home network (via Devolo homeplug behind TV).

My music server (Win7 netbook) is not wired, but on the wireless network.

Can I get the XBox to "see" the media folders on the netbook (to play music etc.) using this setup or do I have to have both clients on the same wireless network ?

The Xbox automatically disconnects from the wireless network when ethernet is used.

thanks

A:Can wired network device speak to wireless device ?

Are your wireless and wired networks on the same router? In other words how are they connected to each other?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210486-can-wired-network-device-speak-wireless-device.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I Go to My Computer Properties and into the hardware tab I select Device Manager Normally when I go in there a full list of all my devices would appear now I see nothing at all This had led to my Burner and DVD Rom to become un usuable I can Unable Device View In Devices to Manager t even connect online because it tells me there is no modem With my audio manager I Unable to View Devices In Device Manager can t adjust any settings in the properies since it says there is no sound card I STILL Get sound though I can hear the windows music play when the Unable to View Devices In Device Manager computer turns on but I can t really do anything with my devices Can Anyone Please help Here is my HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at Unable to View Devices In Device Manager PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files mcafee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files mcafee com Agent mcupdate exe C Program Files DownloadWare dw exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files hp center Shadow ShadowBar exe C Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Express SE CalCheck exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C PROGRA HPCENT Program BACKWE EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files mcafee com VSO mcshield exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www kazaa-lite ws results php show R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http default-homepage-network com start cgi R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www kazaa-lite ws R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www kazaa-lite ws results php show R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www kazaa-lite ws R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www kazaa-lite ws results php show R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www kazaa-lite ws R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www kazaa-lite ws results php show R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www kazaa-lite ws search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www kazaa-lite ws search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page http www kazaa-lite ws O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar en -deleon dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar en -deleon dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe ... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello fellow forum readers.

I have a question, I had another tech pull a hard drive out of a computer that is overseas and send it to me for re-load (long story as to why). I was wondering if anyone knows of software like the device manager that will let me view the devices that are installed on this hard drive while connected to another machine.

Currently I have the drive that was shipped to me connected to my machine via a USB connector. I see the drive and wanted an easy way to see what drivers were loaded on the drive before I re-load it.

Thanks.

A:Offline - Drivers or Device Manager View

Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar

Hello fellow forum readers.

I have a question, I had another tech pull a hard drive out of a computer that is overseas and send it to me for re-load (long story as to why). I was wondering if anyone knows of software like the device manager that will let me view the devices that are installed on this hard drive while connected to another machine.

Currently I have the drive that was shipped to me connected to my machine via a USB connector. I see the drive and wanted an easy way to see what drivers were loaded on the drive before I re-load it.

Thanks.

just a guess here WindowsStar ,couldn't you run a 3rd party app like driver genius on it and let it find the drivers for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/97069-offline-drivers-device-manager-view.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to figure out how to network my laptop with my desktop. I have a Qwest DSL Wifi router. My desktop computer is hooked up to a Vonage device/router and then the Vonage device is connected to the DSL router. My laptop is connected to the Qwest router by Wifi. Also, the deskop and Vonage device are setup with a static IP. Is there any way to network between my desktop and laptop so I can do file sharing?

A:Networking Computers With Vonage Device & Qwest DSL Router

I unplugged my desktop from the Vonage device and plugged it into the Qwest router and now I am able to do file sharing. I thought my desktop had a static IP set but I don' t know what is going on with that. I notice that I can download torrents with the desktop hooked up to the Qwest router. Almost seems like you don't have to set these things up for port forwarding anymore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174644-networking-computers-vonage-device-qwest-dsl-router.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Alright I ll try to explain what s been going on in the past half-year Coming of June school s out for the summer I decide I want to double my RAM so Garry s Mod will run faster I take the errors computers Solved: and Device driver unusable computer downstairs for my step-dad to work on it and apparently he has to install a new system drive He does so I take the computer back upstairs and apart from the Windows XP installation not validated it works even better than before This goes on for a month when the computer now refuses to let me on unless I validate the installation While attempting to do so it goes FUBAR and step-dad has to install another new system drive This one works pretty well for Solved: Device driver errors and unusable computers a while Missing sound Solved: Device driver errors and unusable computers I install the drivers and plug in some headphones Around this time trouble started Programs among them my web browser I ll Solved: Device driver errors and unusable computers probably have to type the rest of this in Notepad or something begin crashing for what appears to be no reason with the error reports blaming random dll s Then while trying to install my favorite first-person shooter the computer crashes during installation From then on most programs have failed to work properly either crashing themselves or crashing the entire computer Sending the error reports always got back a message blaming device drivers When it became obvious drivers I had been missing for most of the past half-year weren t the immediate cause I began to suspect the sound drivers I installed myself but I like having sound too much to uninstall them and look for ones that won t screw up my computer As the weeks passed the crashings became worse until eventually three times in the past three months my Windows XP profile was corrupted The first time I was able to reclaim most of it losing my desktop and Windows Live custom emots second time System Restore saved the day and the third time I had to create an entirely new profile Describing the problems on Yahoo Answers got the usual response quot How do I fix lt insert object gt quot quot get a new one quot which helped nothing I was hoping you guys could help why is my computer constantly crashing Something tells me I forgot something important if you need additional info specify it nbsp

A:Solved: Device driver errors and unusable computers

MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)
Memtest86

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-device-driver-errors-and-unusable-computers.676003/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,

I tried searching whole of internet and this forum for the problem of not been able to see my Sony DCR-TRV30 in device manager and not been able to capture my video...but all efforts in vain..I tried uninstalling IEEE 1394 driver and reinstalling it again....no luck..

I am connecting my camcorder using Firewire 4-4 wire with my laptop which is Dell Inspiron 1525...

Please help..Please find below a few screenshots of my system state to be able to provide some hints on what to do?

Any help and pointer is highly appreciated..
Thanks a lot...

A:Not able to view my camcorder in Device manager and capture my minidv

Just to add one more point - I have a corresponding USB cable also and mini usb port on the camcorder which used to work wonderfully on XP (SP2)....but not sure why it is not working in Windows 7..

Any idea how to make USB cable work for the purpose of connecting my device to laptop and capture my videos..
Thanks again for reading and suggesting on my queries..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/138113-not-able-view-my-camcorder-device-manager-capture-my-minidv.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am interested if anyone can shed any light on these two Comodo services; Device Manager and One. Being advertised on their site as Free, can they be implemented into a home-based network environment for PCs running Comodo.

More about Comodo Device Manager (https://dm.comodo.com/) - Endpoint Protection
More about Comodo ONE (Free RMM and IT Automation Management | Comodo Remote Monitoring) - IT Management Platform

https://malwaretips.com/threads/would-comodo-device-manager-and-one-services-be-effective-on-home-computers.53962/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have review yours and others threads concerning the WIRELESS NETWORKS different - (same CANNOT FROM device) DESKTOP symptom VIEW SSDD loss of ability to view wireless networks I have yet to stumble on the correction to my situation SSDD (same symptom - different device) CANNOT VIEW WIRELESS NETWORKS FROM DESKTOP A week ago I was awakend at AM to people talking in my living room It turned out to be my PC Internet Explorer connection - there were about pop-up windows going I am not one to leave my internt connections on but I would not say that I somehow forgot I shut down IE and turned off the PC Next morning I ran SPYBOT and MCAFEE - spybot found nothing mcafee found things to delete and no I did not look at what they were - the first display showed cookies so I just said to go ahead and clean them Next thing I know I have no wireless connection and cannot view any wireless connections My laptop machine has total connection - and when i ran SPYBOT AND MCAFEE they found nothing to delete My office mate at work had to rebuild a machine just days earlier due to an IE hackware that was constantly redirecting her to a site she never went to previously The PC TECH worked hours to no avail I have tried virtually every one of the basic and first step approaches provided by a number of forums I am pretty sure this is not a REGISTRY setting as I originally thought but an incorrectly deleted file by the MCAFEE scan and clean - TROUBLE IS I CANT FIND A LOG LIST OF ANY KIND TO AT LEAST HAVE A FILE NAME So here I am looking for some guidance - I can hard wire to my PC but the dangling cord in the living room is a disaster waiting to happen - and the last thing I want to do is do a total do-over I sure hope there are some guru s out there that can point me to the bowels of IE to fix this steve nbsp

A:SSDD (same symptom - different device) CANNOT VIEW WIRELESS NETWORKS FROM DESKTOP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ssdd-same-symptom-different-device-cannot-view-wireless-networks-from-desktop.868582/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a T-mobile dash running windows mobile 6.0 and have all my emails sent to it. When I receive them on my phone, I cannot receive them in outlook 2007. I have no problems when I do it on outlook 2003 and I have the settings on my phone to leave the message on the server. Oh, and hotmail will not display that there is a new message on my today page...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-wont-download-emails-after-it-is-view-on-mobile-device.655159/
Relevancy 46.01%

I tried to find an existing thread about this but couldn t I have two computers computers" workgroup restart fails Solved: link "View after set up in a home network One is a desktop running XP Pro x Edition The other is a laptop running XP Home Both have SP The desktop has Eset Smart Security which has antivirus firewall spam blocker The laptop has Eset Antivirus which has no firewall or spam blocker and uses Windows Firewall They connect through a Dlink DI Rev C Router The router firewall has default settings Both computers have Netbios over TCP IP enabled and each has the IP address of the other one set up as a WINS Server Each computer has files that it shares with the other The desktop shares it s printer with the laptop The files that show up in quot My Network Places quot share correctly and the printer works The problem is after I restart the laptop with the desktop running the quot View workgroup computers quot link in the desktop gives Solved: "View workgroup computers" link fails after restart this Error Message quot Mshome is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The list of Solved: "View workgroup computers" link fails after restart servers for this workgroup is not currently available quot I can t access the workgroup computers The shares in quot My Network Places quot and the printer still work Everything works right in the laptop Then if I restart the desktop with the laptop running everything works correctly again I have tried this with a stand alone Antivirus and with the ESS firewall disabled in the desktop with the same results I don t know what else to say about it Weird problem huh I always get the weird ones I ve been beating my head against the wall for a while over this one Does anybody have an idea what s wrong here nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I ve set up home networking on three computers all connected to a nat router at home All is well except for an oddity in quot computers" workgroup networking Win xp home "View question Solved: My network places quot My workgroup is named Franklin and in this workgroup there are computers named Big Lan Lan For some reason Big Solved: Win xp home networking question "View workgroup computers" Lan and Lan computers can not see Lan Solved: Win xp home networking question "View workgroup computers" s icon in the Franklin workgroup Even stranger in Lan s quot My network Places quot I can see all of Lan s shared files but quot Big quot pc cannot In other words when I go to Lan and look in the franklin workgroup it does not list itself like the other two computers do Yet also I can manually share lan s files with Big by typing in the path LAN then it works Lan has always been able to pull lan s files ok its just that the icon doesnt show for lan in quot View workgroup computers quot on all three computers this is the main issue Can you help me figure out a way for Lan to show in the quot view workgroup computers quot area on all three pc s Thanks Tate nbsp

A:Solved: Win xp home networking question "View workgroup computers"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-xp-home-networking-question-view-workgroup-computers.361837/
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows Home Network Issue Go Figure "View PC Workgroup when a Computers" powered Solved: on is certain works only I have a home network with two XP desktops an XP laptop and a Windows desktop The Windows PC is almost never turned on It s basically a backup computer in the house For whatever reason the only time any of the three XP computers can successfully browse the network via the view workgroup computers link is when the Windows PC is powered up and the computer browser service is running on it Possibly helpful info The netbios protocol isn t enabled on any of the PC s in the home network and they are all setup for netbios over tcp ip Everything fails if I stop the computer browser service on the windows pc or shut the pc down I ve tried changing the workgroup on all the PC s and get the same results I tried changing the master browser via the registry edit but it did me no good The windows pc isn t set up as the master browser I don t know much in this area so maybe I did something wrong I tried disabling the computer browser service on all PCs as someone suggested and it didn t help Thanks -Kyle nbsp

A:Solved: "View Workgroup Computers" only works when a certain PC is powered on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-view-workgroup-computers-only-works-when-a-certain-pc-is-powered-on.673752/
Relevancy 45.58%

HI, I have tried everything I can think of to try and remove this virus. 
I have no internet, Cant see my usb drives, windows says its not genuine(witch it is).
Programs only run in safe mode. Have to burn to cd or pull hard drive out to put scanners on computer.
I go into device manger and its all blank. No system restore points.
I have run malwarebytes and many others.

Please help!!!!

Relevancy 45.58%

Was working about a week ago, now "my network places" is blank. I can ping all other netwrk computers by ip and name. I ran network setup, no change. Work group is the same. Tried turning off Windows firewall, no change. Also using MSE. Nothing has changed as far as I know on this computer.

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I have a problem in that I can no longer see the link to "View Workgroup Computers" There is normally a link in the task pane in Windows XP (which is the OS I am on W/SP3), but I havenít been able to see it for quite a while. Anyone know how I can get it back or how I can otherwise show workgroup computers? I did have a problem with my network (not being able to see other computers), but I can't even begin to sort that out if I can't even ask it to show workgroup computers! Can anyone help?
Thanks
Ash

A:Solved: Where has the "View Workgroup Computers" link gone!?

First, let's reset the stack.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

Next, let's check this.

Check your Services are Started:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations only)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations only)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-where-has-the-view-workgroup-computers-link-gone.853296/
Relevancy 45.58%

Running Windows XP Home Service Pack It seems that what I m trying to do should be simple Yet I ve literally been trying to do it for over a year I stumbled upon this forum so maybe you can make my dreams come true and actually give me a shared network angels singing Keep refusing Home Network computers Windows show Places" network to XP "My in mind I once Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers had a shared network and everything was fine Then one day it mysteriously stopped and hasn t run since even after hundreds literally of attempts to set it up again For the moment all I want to do is have my computer we ll call this computer quot Sony Laptop quot appear in its own quot My Network Places quot window - not concerned with Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers the other networked computer at the moment I have tried quot Set up a home or small office network quot and quot set up a wireless network for a home or small office quot dozens of times chosen every single combination possible completed them restarted but quot Sony Laptop quot still never appears in quot My Network Places quot I cannot for the life of me understand it If that s all the info you need please respond If you want more observations read below FRY S DESKTOP Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via ethernet SONY LAPTOP is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via wireless -- ethernet ----- FRY S DESKTOP BELKIN ROUTER --wireless -------SONY LAPTOP I can receive wireless internet with the SONY LAPTOP through the BELKIN ROUTER I can ping FRY S DESKTOP from SONY LAPTOP I cannot ping SONY LAPTOP from FRY S DESKTOP I tried pinging SONY LAPTOP through both the wireless IP address and a connected ethernet cable Local Area Connection IP address connected through the BELKIN ROUTER Neither worked Some things I ve encountered When I explore the network gt My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network I get a funny message quot Unable to Browse the Network - The Network is not present or not started - For more information click Help quot Of course in classic Windows style when I click quot Help quot the window hangs and never goes anywhere kind of ironic - don t you think It s called quot Windows quot and can t function within a window I was told by some others that I should check the quot Services quot and more specifically Workstation Server TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser Now of those four two of them had not been started Workstation and Computer Browser I tried starting these double click them and up will pop a window that allows you to start but each of them came up with an error message Here are those two error messages Computer Browser quot Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Workstation quot Could not start the Workstation Service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found quot If anybody knows anything about these errors and how to fix them let mek now So that s it That s my experience so far As you can see I m neck deep in it and nothing would make me happier than finally figuring it out after months Chris nbsp

A:Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers

You need to look at the dependency list for each service. In the case of Computer Browser, it's Workstation and Server.

Since Workstation is failing, that's probably the place to start.

Do you have WKSSVC.DLL in C:\Windows\system32? That's the workstation service, and it appears to be the missing module. I'd first try copying that from the installation disk, if it's missing, and then register it too by:

Start, Run, regsvr32 wkssvc.dll

If you can't find the DLL, you can run sfc /scannow to restore missing files.

A shortcut may be to download the file from DLL Dump and register it as described above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-my-network-places-refusing-to-show-network-computers.536504/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am running a peer-to-peer LAN Vanish from Wizard" Network Install Network Using Places Printer Computers My "HP of Win XP Pro SP boxes Over of them in a particular workgroup All static IP addresses All machines have File and Print Sharing set up and Windows Firewall turned off I have used quot HP Install Network Printer Wizard quot to install a couple of HP s Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places and Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places a HP d printer each of which have JetDirect N cards installed But my problem isn t with the installation and use of the printers In fact this software works fine and everyone prints happily Here s the catch all machines using HP Install Network Printer Wizard mysteriously disappear from My Network Places no matter what machine I use to look at My Network Places after minutes If I reboot one of them it s back for about minutes then gone Now they re pingable and in fact you can find them using the Search button But they re not visible and to my staff this is a major obstacle I have boxes without the HP wizard and they re visible on My Network Places Using a couple different boxes as guinea pigs I can affirm that deleting the printers uninstalling HP Install Network Printer Wizard and eliminating references to it in the registry does not reverse the situation and fix the problem Ugh I can also affirm that disabling our Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not solve the quot vanishing quot problem A call to HP Support and subsequent discussion with their reps yielded no help although they did get a good chuckle out of it nbsp

A:Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places

OK there is a catch here you know how the printers after 20 min of no using them is going in stand by mode ... for some reason the network card is going in standby mode for the printer also if you try to print over the network you gonna see that the printer is going back visible.
Solution: There was a option in Network Monitor Devices for don't going on that "standby mode" check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-using-hp-install-network-printer-wizard-vanish-from-my-network-places.596562/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am trying to setup my home network. I have a Dell laptop e1705 and a custom rig. Both machines are running XP PRO w/ SP3. I ran the Network setup Wiz. They are both on the same workgroup. Now here is my problem. Now every time I go to My Network Places then click on View Workgroup Commuters that window freezes. I have let it run for over an hour to see if it would find something, but it just froze. So I attempted to search (via windows search) for all computers on the network. As soon as I click search it to Freezes and does not respond.

The laptop is wireless and the desktop is wired. Any ideas or do you need any more information?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I m new to this so bear with me I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but manager connections network in network 7) available and no No device adapter (windows after hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) can help I got my new graphics card yesterday and after hours of trying to get that to work it s in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) available I have a wired connection and the ethernet cable is in there is no light on my mobo to confirm this When I troubleshoot it says Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can t find the network adapter on there I have also tried downloading the new drivers first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop I have a Gigabyte H MA-D v Mobo i K GB Ram GTX Running Windows Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I m close to putting my foot through my PC Thanks James nbsp

A:No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-available-and-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-windows-7.1117129/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hallo i have a problem with my network card in my laptop. I have acer 7730g. So i connect cable in ethernet card with my router and light blinks fine but no network connection shows in Network Adapters. So here is the pictures in Device Manager:

http://i.imgur.com/GP4VLvl.jpg?1

Probably is Bridge 8280 in PCI ? I dont know . Something must to change but i dont know what.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386081-network-device-pci-not-detect-windows-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 44.72%

All setting are right on both the computer.When i insert the network cable in to the NIC on one of the computer, that computer freezes up.I have reinstalled the OS on both the computers, the network cards and cable changed as well.I dont know where the problem is.Pls assist.

A:Cant network two win 2k computers

the cord connecting both computers is it a normal ethernet cable or a crossover cable ? because with a normal ethernet cable it will never work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-network-two-win-2k-computers.394350/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a siemens router set up with my main computer operating on an xp 64 bit system. I would like to set up another computer operating on the xp32bit to share the online connection, so that I can use the smaller computer to access the palm hotsync for my handheld tungsten t3. Can anyone advise me please, on the easiest and cheapest way to achieve this? Thank you in anticipation.

A:How do I set up a network for two computers?

Plug the XP computer into the router along with the Vista machine. On the XP computer select Control Panel, Network Setup Wizard and follow the instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-set-up-a-network-for-two-computers.123226/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am using Windows 7 HP, with a broadband connection, on an Intel i3 quad core, and a DLIINK router.

I was browsing the internet, when all of a sudden it stopped (browser=Chrome) loading pages, and a pop up appeared saying there was an error, and 2 computers on my network were sharing the same IP address.

I don't have 2 pc's, just the one, and don't understand how this could happen. I did have a virus last week - Trojan.ADH.2 but do not know if that is related to this problem.

I closed my browser, and opened a cmd line and typed ipconfig /renew, then restarted my computer, and since then I have not had any problems I am aware of.

Does this mean I have a virus or mal/spy ware on my PC?

A:Two computers, same network, same IP?

hi there and welcome to seven forums

i would run this to check for virus etc Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011

Quote:
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011
is a free software intended to disinfect infected computers, removing viruses, Trojans, and spyware, as well as any other types of malware. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 uses the same highly efficient algorithms for detecting malware as Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Algorithms include a full-functional anti-virus scanner, technologies developed for detecting vulnerabilities in installed applications and operating systems, and a technology for running scripts intended for removing complex and compound viruses. The utility can be used as a free anti-virus software.

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 is not intended for real-time protection of computer. After the disinfection of the computer is complete, the application should be uninstalled from the hard drive and replaced with the real-time protection anti-virus:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181052-two-computers-same-network-same-ip.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I'm sure this is a simple problem, but I have a direct line from the school network into my flat. If I plug in my laptop to the school network through an ethernet cable, I can see all the other network computers and shared drives under 'Network' in explorer. When I connect the network to my own wireless router so I can have wifi in the flat, I can't see any of them under Network. Is there a way to make them visible so I can access shared drives and folders when using the wifi connection?
I am using windows 7 professional, and my wireless router is a TP-Link WR840N.
Thanks in advance,

Robin

A:seeing other computers on the network

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...th-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeing-other-computers-on-the-network.1011160/
Relevancy 44.72%

As the title states, I'm trying to start a homegroup. I start one up, and being that both of my computers have the same name, they don't see each other.

I've got that part figured out, I just need to rename the laptop!

Woo, that's all fine and dandy, except when I renamed my laptop from Ken-PC (the name shared by both laptop and desktop) to KenLaptop and rebooted, there was a whole slew of problems caused by the namechange. Very long story somewhat shortened, it looked like I was booting up win 95.

Multiple error screens, very retro GUI, all fixed by renaming my laptop Ken-PC again.

I'm just trying to be able to share my files between the two computers! HEEEELP!
I thank you for reading, and at the very least, being able to vent if nobody can help.

A:Trying to network. Both computers Have same name.

I'm for sure no network expert but this great site has many Tutorials that can help you such as this one.
Map Network Drive
Hope this helps. Get back to us and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212055-trying-network-both-computers-have-same-name.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I can go into all other computers files except this one laptop. In the networks on both of them they have all the file sharing turned on. On the computer I don't see the laptop pop up, and on the laptop if i click on the computer's files it has a password for it.

A:How can I see other computers on my network?

assuming not all comps on your network are same system vista/xp/7?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-see-other-computers-on-my-network.942878/
Relevancy 44.72%

i'm having the same problem now. i was able to access my share folders from my laptop when i first bought it. n now all the sudden i can't view my desktop anymore.

i tried to do all those settings i did before n it doesn't seems to work no more.
help please.

A:Can't see all computers on network

my laptop is running on Vista
n my desktop is running on XP

with XP, i only have ZoneAlarm installed. after shutting it down, i still cannot see my laptop
no firewall program are installed in Vista.

how do i resolve this??
cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-see-all-computers-on-network.814391/
Relevancy 44.72%

My Notebook is running Windows Bit and my Main PC runs Windows Bit and they are linked by wired Ethernet through a Router Gateway The Main PC also has two printers attached and cannot Sometimes see Network Computers shared across the Network My issue is that when I go to access the Main PC from the Notebook I sometimes cannot see anything under the Network Folder sometimes I can see Sometimes cannot see Network Computers the Router only sometimes I can see just the Notebook When I can Sometimes cannot see Network Computers see both computers everything works fine When I cannot see both computers is anyone's guess When I cannot see both computers I can go into Network and Sharing and open Sometimes cannot see Network Computers the full network map and can see everything but cannot see the same under the Network Folder The two printers attached to the Main PC are never impacted upon by the Network computers not being visible under the Network Folder and are always available for printing from any program used on the Notebook back through the Network I have checked all the settings suggested by other Forum suggestions related to these sorts of issues and the settings are as they should be I have tried rebooting both PCs and have changed Firewall settings on both PCs updated Network Card software and drivers and nothing has changed the intermittent nature of my problem An hour ago I had the problem and had given up after a day of trying different measures and when I started to write this forum text everything was working OK Can someone please HELP

A:Sometimes cannot see Network Computers

Hello GavinJ,

Which antivirus software are you using on those machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103693-sometimes-cannot-see-network-computers.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have just started using WinXP and thought I had successfully conntected to our office Network, but I can't see all the computers. We have two servers running Windows NT 4.0 and I can see all the folders on one of those servers, but not on the other one. My own WinXp computer doesn't show up at the servers as being part of the Network. I've tried going through the Network Setup Wizard, but that really screwed things up more. It set up a Network Bridge, but I do not want that!! Is there someone who can help me, please??

Relevancy 44.72%

I have 2 computers (computer 1, and computer 2) running XP, standard road runner connection thru a linksys 5 port switch(10/100 i think), and a printer connected to computer 1. What are the steps I need to take to make these computers 'see' eachother? each of them has internet access. I just don't know what I need to do xp-wise (what do i do to each computer?) If anyone can give me step by step instructions I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Matt

"today i learned how to fly, now i'm never coming down"Click to expand...

- Rise Against "Heaven Knows"

A:How do I network 2 computers?

I think there have been some two dozen posts on the same subject this year. Yust use the search feature or browse this forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-network-2-computers.11734/
Relevancy 44.72%

ok... I have 2 computers and a printer I want to get it so that both computers can print stuff to the printer, right now my set up is, the internet goes directly to the router then the router splits it between the 2 computers then the printer is hooked up to the one computer, but the two computers can not see eachother but they both get the internet How can i make them be able to print?

A:Trying To Network My Computers

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

PING each computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. You can obtain the IP address of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG. This should work for any Windows version.

All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Neighborhood, make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-network-my-computers.432640/