Windows Support Forum

Display just shows black screen after showing the dell logo screen

Q: Display just shows black screen after showing the dell logo screen

My friend has a dell inspiron laptop which came with windows 8 in it. he has recently updated it to Windows 8.1 and after restarting it , then onwards problem started where in only black screen appears. Cursor shows up after waiting a long long time,
but waiting even for hours for windows logo it never showed up. Please tell me some solution

He does not have any recovery discs, no windows os file. Now tell me a solution without these things needed.
Model: inspiron 15R7520

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ba4a5ff-304a-482e-9374-ead326a38448/display-just-shows-black-screen-after-showing-the-dell-logo-screen?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Display just shows black screen after showing the dell logo screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 108.79%

my screen also goes blank after the windows logo display, i have tried restarting, starting in safe mode and the monitor continues to remain black after the windows logo. When i restart in safe mode my computer shows files in ms dos and appears to crash. I changed my display settings and can't get back on to my normal desktop. i cannot get back on to change my settings. i have also tried to start at last known save point and this neither doesn't work. I went into bios and switched my display adapter to the onboard card, still no luck. I don't think there is a motherboard problem like my last comp, but I can't logon to switch the display settings, once I get to the logon on screen, my display goes black. cheers 4 help.

System:
xp pro
celeronD 3.3ghz
512mb ram
100gb hd
(video card) radeon9200 128mb

A:Windows Logo Shows Then Screen Goes Black

Can you get into Safe Mode? To do this, try tapping the F8 key repeatedly just before the Windows splash screen shows up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155874/windows-logo-shows-then-screen-goes-black/
Relevancy 107.5%

after windows 10 updated , suddenly screen went black . i restarted the computer by pressing the power button . the acer logos shows up  than for 2 sec the screen goes black and when the logo shows back again the little circle stops rotating . pressed alt f10 and waiting for system to be restored but it is taking to much time . what should i do  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-acer-logo-shows-than-screen-goes-black-logo-shows/td-p/457855
Relevancy 107.5%

So I had a few problems with my pc leading up to this When i played black after Windows shows logo Monitor screen a game my monitor would turn off Monitor shows black screen after Windows logo but my pc would stay on meaning i would have to force shutdown hold down the power button in order to turn it back on I recently cleaned my pc by removing dust from the gpu heatsink and fans plus I reapplied thermal paste to the gpu Things were working out fine for about a day until the problem happened again I guess i kept force shutting down since i really want to play and sometimes manage to get a game or two in to the point where my pc wont even start after the Windows logo shows up when booting up I need urgent help If anything helps my Graphics card is an nvidia geforce gt and usually hits c when gaming Yes its bad i get it but i need this back to work before my parents find out Tl dr - It shows a black screen with a white bar at the top after the windows logo shows loads up

A:Monitor shows black screen after Windows logo

Here's a video link to my problem click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/monitor-shows-black-screen-after-windows-logo-4597731/
Relevancy 106.21%

While running SpinRite after about 60% of the scan it showed the "empty sector"
for the rest of the scan. When I turn it on, even booting into safe mode, I see the logo then the gray screen. I know the video is OK because when I boot from USB drive it displays everything fine.

Because it had this problem is why I ran SpinRite.

Dell Laptop Inspiron 1525 XP SP3 2 GB ram. Recently cleaned viruses from this machine using TDSS Killer.

Trying Alt F11 at startup didn't work.

Any advice appreciated.

A:Computer shows Dell logo then gray screen

and welcome to the Forum

The drive may be failing . . Try a different diagnostic on the hard drive by downloading the diagnostic tool for the hard drive brand and making a bootable disc.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

See this for how to make a bootable cd:

How to Burn a Bootable ISO File

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shows-dell-logo-then-gray-screen-624228.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I'm having some serious troubles with my main PC, my gaming PC, and it's really messing things up for me.

I was just parusing around like usual on my computer, it runs Windows 7, and I allowed it to download the usual updates and restart itself. When it shut down and began restarting, I notice that it loads up the logo, briefly flashes what I think is called a Bios Post page, and then goes to a page that is nothing but a blinking "__" sign. It does nothing here, won't continue, and I can't enter or do anything. It just endlessly blinks, before disappearing and the computer screen shows nothing but black.

Can I get some help here? I'd really appreciate it. .___.

A:Computer won't get past black screen after showing PC brand logo.

Have you tried to start in "Safe Mode" to see what happens? (Pressing F8 repeatedly immediately upon booting).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-get-past-black-screen-after-showing-pc-brand-logo.1026483/
Relevancy 102.77%

Dell precision m2400
Originally,  Windows screen went to the plain green background without files etc so I quickly turned it off.
Now there is a blank screen after the Dell logo.
So far I have tried only running each of the drives individually without success. I have run a Bios scan which after running resulted in this message "No diagnostic utility partition identified". I have taken out the battery and adapter and restarted.
The f8 key does not bring up any options.
Help! Thanks

A:Black screen after dell logo

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We would suggest you check if the Harddrive is detected in BIOS .
Use the link to run online diagnostics on the system and the user manual should help .
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/precision-M2400/manuals
Is there a blinking cursor on the top left had corner of the screen . This could be a hard drive or a hardware failure .
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984276
Relevancy 102.77%

So yeah my Dell M laptop that I logo Dell after Black screen ve had for not quite a year is a Black screen after Dell logo paper weight right now Basically it locked up on several noresponsive programs and I lost both my taskbar start menu and all of the items of my desktop Now this has happened before when a folder or something becomes unresponsive but it usually came back after a second This time however it didn t so I was forced to improprerly shut the system down by holding down the quot Off quot button because the default function for single pressing that button is quot Sleep quot for Vista and waiting for it to switch off Now this is where I ran into problems I booted the system back up but instead of speedily loading through the big DELL logo and the beginning of the process like it normally does it chugged through it very slowly Once it got to the end I got a completely unresponsive black screen I hit the power button and noted that it shut off with a single press Click I ve tried going into the Boot menu and the Setup menu but neither one actually appear once the DELL logo finishes loading the BIOS It just stops on a blank black screen with no way for me to even reinstall the operating system Am I screwed Edit Resposting this in the quot Windows Vista quot board so feel free to delete nbsp

A:Black screen after Dell logo

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/576133-black-screen-after-dell-logo.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-dell-logo.576131/
Relevancy 102.77%

So yeah my Dell M laptop that I ve had for not quite a year is a paper weight right now Basically it locked up on several noresponsive programs and I lost both my taskbar start menu and all of the items of my desktop Now this has happened before when a folder or something becomes unresponsive but it usually came back after a second This time however it didn t so I was forced to Dell logo Black screen after improprerly shut the system down by holding down the quot Off quot button because the default function for single pressing that button is quot Sleep quot for Vista Black screen after Dell logo and waiting for it to switch off Now this is where I ran into problems I booted the system back up but instead of speedily loading through the big DELL logo and the beginning of the process like it normally does it chugged through it very slowly Once it got to the end I got a completely unresponsive black screen I hit the power button and noted that it shut off with a single press Click I ve tried going into the Boot menu and the Setup menu but neither one actually appear once the DELL logo finishes loading the BIOS It just stops on a blank black screen with no way for me to even reinstall the operating system Am I screwed nbsp

Relevancy 102.77%

Dell N W wont start Dell logo gt black screen How to restore Hello friends Please could you advise me My friend has asked me to help with her Dell N Inspiron laptop She has had it for about just over a year now Dual-core Pentium GB RAM W bit She is not computer savvy and I dont know how shes managed to do this but heres the problem You press the power button The Dell logo appears along with the F amp F options for Setup amp Boot Options This is followed by a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left Thats it All this happens in the space of seconds power-up to black screen Nothing else happens no Windows logo screen start. N5030:W7 logo black Dell reset Dell wont how? screen. + Factory no Microsoft logo nothing Screen stays black with the cursor and the laptop instantly turns off when I press the power button My friend was desperate because she had over family photos and some important documents she didnt want to lose I was able to recover all of those using a Linux Mint live CD so at least shes all smiles for that Using Mint made me realize that the hardware was working perfectly The hard drive was good no mem faults and of course the optical drive was fine Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how? So its something with Windows Also while using Mint I could clearly see the Dell Recovery Partition The problem is I dont know how to get the Inspiron to fire it up - because I cannot even get into Safe Mode where the quot Repair Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how? your computer quot option is When I pressed F all that comes up is an option to tweak the boot order and a diagnostics option I ran the latter and it found no hardware faults at all I wasnt surprised I tried the usual tricks for trying to get it to begin the factory reset Stuff like CTRL F hold F down and then press power button keep pressed and then press power button All of these do the same thing - they just start the Diagnostic Tests My friend says Dell did not provide a Restore DVD because they told her quot it was all on the hard drive quot But they assumed that the user would be able to get to the Advanced Boot Options screen - which is not happening Pressing F results in the Insipiron once again running its diagnostics Safe Mode is not working How do I get this laptop to begin the factory reset Thanks very much for any help you can give

A:Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how?

Dell states that the Factory Restore option should be visible on the F8 screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/216121-dell-n5030-w7-wont-start-dell-logo-black-screen-factory-reset-how.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello,

I have a problem with my new laptop and it happens only sometimes. It is around 1 month old and it had this problem from the beginning . The laptop is a DELL INSPIRON 3552
1. DELL LOGO appears
2. Screen backlight is ok
3. Windows won't start ( window's logo doesn't appear ) and if i plug an external mouse the cursor is on the black screen.
If I shut down the laptop from the power button and the start it again it works. It's very random. Once I had to restart the laptop for 3 times before the windows started.
Any ideas ? 

A:DELL Inspiron Windows screen black after DELL logo

Hi,
As we understand that the system doesnt not boot and just goes up to the Dell logo and after multiple restarts the system works fine.
In that case ,Can you boot the system into " Safe mode " and check if the same happens..You can also perform a system restore and also check for updates pending .
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993389
Relevancy 101.91%

my dell desktop has been booting to the xp logo with the green bars cycling throgh then when xp should start booting up it turns black and has the mouse in the middle of the screen this problem occured a while back but needed less power cycles to get the computer to start up to windows XP now it practically will not start and i can only use this computer on safemode when after power cycles yesterday i got it to start up correctly but then suddenly a screen with a weird language took over the screen I hit CTRL ALT Delete but boots logo XP dell then screen to and LOG: black the screen took over again I kept hitting CRL ALT DELETE several times until i could end the proccess called IEXPLORER which seemed to take that screen away and the computer seemed normal and operational LOG: dell boots to XP logo and then black screen here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run PDF Registry Controller quot C Program Files ScanSoft PDF Professional RegistryController exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run ScanSoft PDF Professional -reminder quot C Program Files ScanSoft PDF Professional Ereg ereg exe quot -r quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ScanSoft PDF Professional Ereg ereg ini quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C WINDOWS system GPhotos scr O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF -B - D - B- A D Autodesk MapGuide ActiveX Control - http www maricopa gov assessor gis plugin mgaxctrl cab O - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - C Program Files AVG AVG avgpp dll O - Winlogon Notify avgrsstarter - C WINDOWS SYSTEM avgrsstx dll O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe O - Service AVG Free E-mail Scanner avg emc - AVG Technologies CZ s r o - C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe O - Service AVG Free WatchDog avg wd - AVG Technologies CZ s r o - C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe O - Service Bonjour Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe O - Service Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe O - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service WUSB GSCSVC - GEMTEKS - C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB... Read more

Relevancy 101.48%

Hello.

My old Dell Dimension 8400 P4 starts to boot but the screen goes black after the Dell Logo. The power was accidentally shut off on the power strip that the computer is connected to and after I turned the computer back on, this problem occured. I ran a computer diagnostic, I have tried to get to the screen to allow me to boot in safe mode by pushing F8 but when I do that I get a message that the keyboard has an error.

Please help if you can.

Thank you,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-dim-8400-screen-goes-black-after-dell-logo.1001291/
Relevancy 100.62%

Sorry for the long title Well its been years of being able Black only boot are display installed logo, drivers screen when after to solve things myself and now I'm back So first let me start off with system specs - AMD Phenom II X - Nvidia GeForce GT GB Crucial Black screen after boot logo, only when display drivers are installed Ballistix Sport x GB W Ultra PSU - W rail Asus M N series motherboard GB HDD - Probably seagate forgot brand No optical drive So a long story short boot into Windows directly after windows logo black screen Windows appears to keep on booting I hear the sound yet my monitor Black screen after boot logo, only when display drivers are installed stays black Boot into safe mode uninstall display drivers boot back into windows regularly everything works fine side note Even with drivers uninstalled when I go to application management it shows them there Yet my card is not recognized by dxdiag and no games can be launched - cannot find d d opengl I've tried everything that my searches have come up with to no avail I have also verified all of my hardware is working properly aside from my video card because I cant get any drivers to boot with windows Now the reason why I rule out hardware is this -Ram timings and voltages are spot on -PSU rails and wattage spot on -HDD test comes back perfect -No errors from processor as far as I can find -Motherboard voltages perfect no glitches until now Secondly uninstall drivers boots into windows fine I tried to do a clean wipe with windows and Both of them get to the end do the last reboot and go black after windows logo screen Even when doing completely new installation no updates on a new formatted partition Help Will be searching in the meantime and thanks in advance

A:Black screen after boot logo, only when display drivers are installed

Quote:

Originally Posted by xg3nx

Sorry for the long title. Well, its been 2 years of being able to solve things myself and now I'm back. So first, let me start off with system specs -

AMD Phenom II X4 - 840.
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT
4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x2GB.
550W Ultra PSU - 28W 12+ rail.
Asus M4N series motherboard.
500GB HDD - Probably seagate, forgot brand.
No optical drive.

So a long story short, boot into Windows, directly after windows logo, black screen. Windows appears to keep on booting, I hear the sound, yet my monitor stays black. Boot into safe mode, uninstall display drivers, boot back into windows regularly everything works fine.

(side note) Even with drivers uninstalled, when I go to application management, it shows them there. Yet, my card is not recognized by dxdiag and no games can be launched - cannot find d3d/opengl.

I've tried everything that my searches have come up with to no avail. I have also verified all of my hardware is working properly aside from my video card because I cant get any drivers to boot with windows. Now the reason why I rule out hardware is this:
-Ram timings and voltages are spot on.
-PSU rails and wattage spot on
-HDD test comes back perfect
-No errors from processor as far as I can find
-Motherboard voltages perfect, no glitches until now.

Secondly, uninstall drivers, boots into windows fine.

I tried to do a clean wipe with windows 7 and 8. Both of them get to the end, do the last reboot, and go black after windows logo screen. Even when doing completely new installation, no updates, on a new formatted partition.

Help! Will be searching in the meantime and thanks in advance.

EDIT: Been reading a lot about hard drive corruption, or corrupted windows install. Is there a way for me to install windows OUTSIDE of windows, and reformat the hard drive the way the xp discs used to do? I have no optical drive at the moment :( I do have a USB device that might be sufficient.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-boot-logo-only-when-display-drivers-are-installed-691736.html
Relevancy 100.62%

this older dell computer had a fake windows security virus on dell after screen logo death of black splash it I managed to get MBAM to work and it cleared it off i thought the next day the display color was all wrong my wife was playing solitaire and said some cards where missing then it froze the only way to shut it down was a hard boot when it came back up after the dell logo it was just a black screen I tried to go into safe mode and all i got was a black screen with a little white cursor line in the top left corner none of the other options worked at all for instance if i tried to go back to the last good configuration nothing just black screen after spending the day reading I got the computer to boot from a disc and load a version of puppy linux and got it back online now I am black screen of death after dell logo splash turning to you guys and your vast knowledge I imagine that that virus corrupted a file somewhere and now windows will not boot I saw several posts that claimed that the file can be repaired and windows will work again however there was not much information on the steps for the repair While I can deal with using linux this computer is used mostly by my kids and they are used to windows Thanks in advance for your help p s I don t think this came with a restore disk when we bought it from Dell

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364299/black-screen-of-death-after-dell-logo-splash/
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi.
I've set "uefi ipv4 boot" in first boot sequence on my bios. Since this modification, my computer can't start. I got a black screen before the Dell logo. I've tried to do a bios reset by removing the CMOS battery but nothing changes. I've tried to unplug the HDD, the ram and the CD player but nothing works. When I try to start the computer without ram, it make some bip noises. The BIOS is up to date and I've made a diagnostic from the bios menu one day before the bug, and the diagnostic was OK. Ive tried to press all the functions keys at startup (f1, f2, etc...). I've started to press escape, control, delete, but nothing worked. I've tried to plug a bootable USB key but nothing... Can you help me ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19716065
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello I own a E which I intended to rejuvenate a bit by replacing the HDD by a SSD I replaced the HDD by on logo, E6420 black freezes Dell screen the SSD but the SSD was not recognised by the bios Hence I entered the BIOS and tried to change the SATA setting from RAID to ATA Oops Very Wrong Move The laptop hasn t booted ever since The dell logo shows but when E6420 freezes on Dell logo, black screen the progress bar is complete I only get a black screen If I try to press F or F the upper right message shows entering setup E6420 freezes on Dell logo, black screen but the freeze happens anyway usually with the upper part of the screen being black and the lower part still showing the remains of the dell logo What have I tried Many boot tries - with the old HDD - without any hard disk at all - without any disk no HD no optical - with or without the battery - with a bootable Windows install DVD in the optical drive - with a bootable USB diag stick made with https www dell com support article us en SLN EN All this with no avail I ve also tried to clear the BIOS settings going back to factory settings seems a good idea by unplugging the cell coin battery and yes I did it by the book with the power button down during many seconds sequence After re-plugging the cell coin battery the boot sequence is longer before the logo appearance and funny enough just plugging back the laptop starts it but the end of the story remains the same Pressing F gets to half logo freeze Period Spent some time browsing this forum and others I seem to have run out of options Has anybody got a brilliant idea or even an ordinary idea that would do the trick - Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19974391
Relevancy 99.76%

Hello all I have a problem obviously with my computer This computer is a new rig a display random after after drive logo, failure boot screen Black and even though i've been having Blue screens of Death at the beginning fixed thanks to this forum everything's been running perfectly Here are the specs to my computer running Windows Pro MOBO Asus p z -V Black screen after boot logo, after a random display drive failure PRO CPU Intel i- k RAM x gb cl Gskill Ripjaw i had but one of them was faulty so it was removed SSD Samsung gb OS Windows pro x HDD WD Caviar Black tb Heatsink Noctua NH-D PSU Antec HCP gold GPU MSI Radeon Twin FROZR i have a spare GeForce GT which i will get into details later My monitor is a Xstar quot p It has been running on overclock from hz to hz without any problems Now to the problem I've been having MAJOR problems with my WiFi The wifi adapter is the intergrated one from the Mobo WiFi Go which only has ghz So i was trying to find out how i could make my computer compatible with ghz I moved the case and i think the Dual DVI cable on the graphic card might have pulled just a bit and i see a popup on my monitor at the bottom right corner saying quot Display Driver has failed but recovered quot or something very similar Next thing i know my peripherals dont work anymore Screen seems frozen but i dont know for SURE that it was frozen might be just my peripherals that stopped working because i can't remember if there was an animated image still moving or not in one of the opened windows it's all very blurry at this point From what I know and what I can see with verifications made later on i don't think any updates have been done and no drivers were updated So I hard reset my computer and whadda ya know Windows logo shows and right after when i'm supposed to get the logon screen the monitor just turns black So i reset a couple of times and every time is the exact same problem The screen just goes black after the boot sequence Heres what i tried - Tried restoring from a restore point Didn't work - Tried in safe mode Computer boots up and works - - Tried uninstalling graphics drivers OK - - Tried reinstalling the drivers but the card was not recognized and the only way to get the drivers for my card is with an auto-detect from AMD So that didn't work - - When reebooting the computer screen goes black again - Tried reseating my card Didn't work - Tried the second DVI slot on my card Didn't work - Tried taking out the card and plugging a second monitor p because the korean one was not compatible with the iGPU to the intergrated gpu The computer boots up fine - I call ASUS customer support I explain the situation and the guy tells me to RMA my graphics card Which i do and I send it away Now I could've stopped there but since i JUST got into my weeks vacation from work and wanted to use a bit of that time to play a few games on the computer I tried running them with the iGPU As expected it it was barely acceptable for a low-end graphics game I then remembered I had another GPU GeForce GT in an older computer I gave to my girlfriend for her work Knowing it wasnt gonna be much improvement I still decided to try it out So i plug it in connect my p monitor to it And then that's when I realized that the GPU i sent back for RMA was NOT the problem Because it did the exact same thing for this GPU So i tried reinstalling the drivers for the Gefore which this time the install worked because it's not an autodetect but the problem was not solved Still a black screen I try to look around in forums some more and I can't seem to find anything that is like my situation I read somewhere that it was recommended to run Chkdsk f r or something When I did that in Safe Mode with networking it said it couldnt do it right away So it prompted me to ask if I wanted to schedule it on next startup To which I said yes Good god I inflicted myself another hours and an overnight of troubleshooting I was not able to reboot my computer and cancel the... Read more

A:Black screen after boot logo, after a random display drive failure

First try running Memtest86+: This runs from a boot disk or CD and should eliminate or confirm if your one or more of your memory sticks are bad.

Let it run for about 20 passes (An ideal test would be about an hour), if no errors by then your ram is OK.

Download the bootable .ISO from here: http://www.memtest.org/

How to create a bootable CD: How to Create a Boot Disk With Imgburn | eHow

Let me know if the software shows up with any errors. Please take a picture of it.

---------------

Next: Download Seagate Tools for DOS from here: SeaTools for DOS | Seagate

Once downloaded on another PC burn the software to a bootable CD.

Then on the broken PC boot to the Seagate Tools and run the short test.

If any errors take a picture and reply with the pictures.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-after-boot-logo-after-a-random-display-drive-failure-703182.html
Relevancy 99.33%

On the Monday July 26th i was hit with a virus bomb with 4 types of rogue software, a bunch of trojan and including a smitfraud-c. I got rid of these viruses, but I accidently wiped a section that i supposed to not touch. Apon rebooting my system i get a dell bios loading screen then just black.

I tried to go to safe mode it shows the files loading, but it won't go to the windows screen. I have a installation cd for windows but some of the files won't load properly. i tried making a CD-RW copy on my reinstallation for windows, but my disk won't read 4 files.

A:dell bios load then black screen no windows logo

and welcome to the Forum

If a repair install did not help, probably your best bet is a clean install. You can take the drive out to salvage any data you cherish that is not backed up.

You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-bios-load-then-black-screen-no-windows-logo-501238.html
Relevancy 98.47%

This is my first time posting here Please forgive my ignorance as I'm super with cursor logo Black after upper Dell flashing in corner screen not tech-savvy at all I'm going to try to explain what's going on as best as I can to see if anyone can throw me a bone here I have a Dell Inspiron about years old and it's worked just fine up until yesterday I plugged my Canon camera into the front USB port to Black screen with flashing cursor in upper corner after Dell logo grab some photos off of it when my computer froze I had Black screen with flashing cursor in upper corner after Dell logo to hold down the power button to get it to shut off I restarted and found that after the Dell logo comes up the screen goes black except for a white cursor that flashes in the upper right hand corner This has been going on since last night The only two options it gives me appear during the Dell logo screen when I can hit either F for the boot menu or F for startup menu Once the screen goes black and I see that cursor key punching does nothing I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning but at one point I somehow Black screen with flashing cursor in upper corner after Dell logo found myself at a memory diagnostics menu and it ran and found no errors but then froze at I have no idea how I was able to do that and I can't find it again Sorry if I left out any info Anyone have an idea on what I can do to start troubleshooting

A:Black screen with flashing cursor in upper corner after Dell logo

Have you tried unplugging everything from the computer except for mouse and keyboard?

You may attempt a Startup Repair

Are you able to boot into safe mode? Safe Mode

If you have another computer, you can burn Memtest to a disk and run memory diagnostics.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154393-black-screen-flashing-cursor-upper-corner-after-dell-logo.html
Relevancy 96.75%

push power button its show all LED but screen is black and nothing happen on the monitor
please help me
Thanks

A:dell inspiron shows black screen but power button s on

Hi,
Firstly check if you can drain all the excess power from the system .
Check if you are able to run the LCD BIST .

1.                    Turn the computer off.
2.                    Press and hold the D key while pressing the power button. This will start the Laptop LCD BIST.
3.                    The screen will display multiple flashing colors. Look for lines, distortion, or any other video issues you have observed.
4.                     The laptop will restart when the test is finished.
Kindly private message the service tag to the system .
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19680429
Relevancy 96.32%

I had this laptop for about 3 years now and im so used to it that my day wouldn't be complete without using it. a week ago it said that ,I needed to backup my files because the computer was at risks
I did ignore it and went using it even after the warning
now I cant access to anything . the  laptop said that media test failure check for cables etc.
I have no money to purchase another laptop or another hdd.
can someone help me ? if formatting is an option I will do it despite all of my files will be deleted
it will be okay if that means my dearly laptop will get wellthanks

A:Dell inspiron 15 3537 black screen after logo and cant access to recovery / repair system

Hi DHEXZTAH05 
Thanks for writing to us. 
Please load bios by tapping on f2 during bootup and check if the HD is detected. 
If possible you can try this HD on another machine or another HD on this machine. Also please run diagnostics from f12 menu and if the test passes, then consider formatting the system first. 
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message.

Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984455
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi
I have dell inspiron Windows8 pdc laptop
After login by Microsoft account showing black screen with timet n mouse click arrow
I can move arrow. I can go to taskbar

A:dell Windows 8 laptop showing black screen after login

Please help me I m really worried I bought thislaptop last month only

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-windows-8-laptop-showing-black-screen-after-login.1135746/
Relevancy 93.31%

hi I have samsung laptop

When I press power button, then its shows me samsung logo on the screen and after that it goes to black screen.
I try to replace hard disk, laptop find this new hard disk.
but then it straight goes to the BIOS and over there I try to change boot order, to boot from dvd player but I couldnot find any option there.
I open it up and clean everything inside the machine.
but problem is still there.
Is anybody help to to fix this machine.

REgards
loke_itp

Relevancy 92.02%

Alright, my friends laptop is a Dell Inspiron about 3 years old and she said she received a blue screen with error codes, it then restarted and started to load and then it froze during the process.

after that they couldnt get it to turn on, the laptop itself would turn BUT the screen wouldnt.

after a couple hours they managed to turn it on, but it froze again

also the laptop has had issues with the battery/charger

it wont function unless the charger adapter it plugged into an outlet.

if not the screen will go into a dark haze then it would shut off.

maybe this has to deal with it or not, im not sure...

so i tried to put in my windows operating cd, to repair it, but the screen is still black when i insert it. i can here it loaded but i see nothing...

much appreciated

Relevancy 92.02%

My dell m140 laptop is having dark circle spot..yesterday I kept my laptop on my bed under my blanket & wen I saw my laptop it was having a dark circle..... Can I repair d screen

A:Dell laptop having black spot on display screen

The LCD screen will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-having-black-spot-on-display-screen.173334/
Relevancy 92.02%

Alright, my friends laptop is a Dell Inspiron about 3 years old and she said she received a blue screen with error codes, it then restarted and started to load and then it froze during the process.

after that they couldnt get it to turn on, the laptop itself would turn BUT the screen wouldnt.

after a couple hours they managed to turn it on, but it froze again

also the laptop has had issues with the battery/charger

it wont function unless the charger adapter it plugged into an outlet.

if not the screen will go into a dark haze then it would shut off.

maybe this has to deal with it or not, im not sure...

so i tried to put in my windows operating cd, to repair it, but the screen is still black when i insert it. i can here it loaded but i see nothing...

much appreciated

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop Screen Display is BLACK!

Does it work with an external monitor?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-inspiron-laptop-screen-display-is-black-359685.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello,

I am encountering an issue of when the Dell optiplex 755 boots up, it boots through the Windows XP logo just fine, once it tries to transition between the logo and loading the system up, it just shows a black screen and nothing else happens. I tried using a bootable Windows XP flash drive to repair the system files and it loads the Windows XP setup ok but when it runs through all of the commands on the bottom of the screen and the last one says "Starting Windows" , it takes me to a blue screen (screenshot below). I have HIRENS and have done a lot of the chkdsk commands to fix the files and everything comes back ok. I tried to clone the hard drive with the same exact hard drive and still the same issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Windows XP gets past the logo screen and then turns the screen black/bluescreen

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN130053/EN#Error , scroll down to section on STOP 7B errors.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586463/windows-xp-gets-past-the-logo-screen-and-then-turns-the-screen-blackbluescreen/
Relevancy 91.16%

Ok it all started when I XP cursor won't Black no Windows screen after with the screen. logo boot. ran Nod antivirus I ran it because I had some viruses on my computer that I wanted to get rid of After the scan there were some detected objects that were quarantined or deleted So then I restart my computer and after the windows xp logo there is just a black screen with no cursor And after awhile the computer will just Windows XP won't boot. Black screen with no cursor after the logo screen. restart and try booting up again I tried going into safe mode and safe mode with command prompt but I still get a black screen with no cursor The last known good configuration doesn t work either I m pretty frustrated because I did nothing wrong I am also having a feeling that nod might have quarantined some infected files that are essential for Windows Xp to boot I also do not have any windows xp disks with me because I lost them a very long time ago Is there anything I can do to fix my computer Thanks nbsp

A:Windows XP won't boot. Black screen with no cursor after the logo screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-boot-black-screen-with-no-cursor-after-the-logo-screen.941897/
Relevancy 91.16%

Good Morning,

For the past several months I have been having problems with my HP desktop computer. When my system reboots I sometimes get a black screen with nothing on it or it gets stuck on the windows logo or I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

The blue screen tends to happen with the computer goes into hibernation. So I changed my settings to that it doesn't happen but I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

I have checked for malware, viruses you name it... nothing.

HP HPE-180t
Windows 7 SP1
Intel core i7 930 @2.80GHz
9.00 GB RAM
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

If you need further info please let me know. ;)
ps I had wonderful support several years ago regarding my laptop.. thank you once again :)

A:Black screen, Blue Screen & Stuck on Windows logo

Hello Britt,

Quote:

I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

The best way to do this is to simply turn it off; it will also save on the electricty bills too.
When I am not using my machine, I turn it off, because here in South Australia we have the second highest electricity charges in the world.

Quote:

I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

Can you tell us what the blue screen says; usually this is due to a recent hardware or software change; however, in your instance it might be the Hibernation feature that is malfunctioning.
Post back with the information about the blue screen, please.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blue-screen-and-stuck-on-windows-logo-689187.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hey need some help yet again Yesterday I downloaded Mission Against Terror New MMOFPS and I downloaded it Upon updating with the patcher my laptop went haywire It started opening up random IE windows slow speed etc etc I did a whole memory scan and a malware adware spyware scan There were several viruses and whatnot but Login screen and BEFORE Screen 7 Windows Black logo/loading! AFTER what is important are the files SVC exe and exe you'll find it why later on The anti-virus said that it had fixed deleted everything So I restarted my laptop hoping that I'd get it up and running in safe mode for any further scans Unfortunately when I restarted it after the windows loading screen which is right before login screen a black screen appeared With nothing at all Not even a cursor BLACK JUST BLACK with NO keyboard access mouse access But that's expected since it's BEFORE the login screen It's the same with normal boot boot that does that quot last best used option quot or whatever safe mode with networking etc etc All the same Black screen Good thing I had Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading! WIN XP on my other hard drive So I booted up into WIN XP where I'm posting this from and did a FULL NOT QUICK system scan to find the SAME Viruses YET AGAIN SVC exe and exe along with some other minor tracking cookies and what-not Win XP on second drive is also having a few problems like IE shutting down every second using firefox now Think this is a whole system prob But why Didn't the antivirus-es fix it I say quot es quot because I used SuperAntiSpyware Norton NOD Malware Bytes and AVG I've tried the system recovery thing F thing on boot screen NOT ON LOGIN SCREEN Remember I can't reach that but that doesn't work either So any suggestions Btw The windows PRO bit that's corrupted not starting is on C and Win XP is on D Attached is a log of my most recent scans Thanks in advance

A:Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading!

Hi your problem can best be addressed in the security section of the forum
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-before-login-screen-and-after-windows-7-logo-loading-516244.html
Relevancy 90.3%

My computer stopped connecting to wifi.  I decided to do a system reset.  Now the screen is black at start up and the hp logo just flashes on and off the screen.  I tried the BIOS update and that did not work either.  What else can I do before sending it in for repair.  I just bought it last November.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-on-start-up-hp-logo-flashes-on-and-off-screen/td-p/5650357
Relevancy 89.44%

my screen stays black and shows the mouse icon and won't load my home screen?

A:my home screen won't load up my screen stays black and shows the mouse

Hello,

Try booting the PC into Safe Mode. Start your computer in safe mode

If successfully able to boot into Safe Mode try running a System Restore back to a date when it was working properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-home-screen-wont-load-up-my-screen-stays-black-and-shows-the-mouse-684158.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hp notebook computer wont startup past the hp screen. It shows a black screen then goes back to hp screen. I did the hard reset, it didn't work. I did the test and all of them said passed. It started doing this when i was reseting it and it dropped on the floor. The battery and the hard drive fell out. When i turned it back on, it wasnt working. I dont know what is wrong with it....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Wont-boot-up-past-hp-screen-shows-black-empty-screen/td-p/5609776
Relevancy 88.58%

My computer screen goes black when you unplug it, but the power light remains on and the fan continues to run.It also goes black after the HP logo runs if I try to start up on battery power only. When it's plugged in it's fine, usually, but sometimes it will randomly go off like it does when I unplug it.The battery has been replaced and didn't fix anything.I went throught the whole BIOS thing, didn't help. When it goes into this black screen, there is nothing you can do to get it back on except holding the power button down until it shuts off and then restarting.Thanks for your time.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-goes-black-after-logo-screen-when-unplugged/td-p/5722451
Relevancy 88.58%

Model Compaq Mini c- Netbook No CD Drives screen after logo Compaq Black screen OS Windows XP Home Edition Unsure of service packs Last Known Working Date Last week of March Hi I have been browsing this forum for a long time I usually find my answers from other member questions but today is different I have a netbook that belongs to someone I know and he does a lot of homework and facebooking on it The information I listed is all I could get out of him He does not have a virus scanner Black screen after Compaq logo screen sad face and probably has like spyware installed from allowing his other Black screen after Compaq logo screen friends use it The screen loads up the Compaq and below it says press F or F for Bio setup I can provide a video of this tomorrow when I get the camcorder It goes on to the next screen which is a blank black screen It will stays there forever I had only checked for minutes The Netbook doesn't have a CD drive so I couldn't try the other methods that I have read on here x It only has a few USB ports Is there a way to restore the computer to an earlier time from using the F F menu I would appreciate it if you guys can help If the Netbook can be fixed I will install the security for him Oh and thank you everyone in this community for helping me over the years lol I know it is long overdue x

A:Black screen after Compaq logo screen

Hi Amilius,

I recommend booting the computer into Safe Mode and see if the computer boots to Safe Mode. Turn on the computer and immediately keep on tapping the F8 until the Safe Mode Menu comes up. Then when the Safe Mode Menu comes up choose "Safe Mode w/ Networking" and hopefully the computer will boot into safe mode. Afterwards, I recommend downloading and installing "Malwarebytes" on the computer. Scan the computer for viruses/spywares using Malwarebytes, pretty good program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-compaq-logo-screen-564182.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I just finished a custom built system i ghz MSI p m-gd WD gb HDD SATA CD DVD SATA nvidia pcie gb kingston ddr sticks in slots My problem is once i boot from the dvd it says quot loading files quot with the long progress bar across the bottom of the screen Once that finishes it goes to blank screen I let it sit for about hours and the screen stays blank I never see any Install GUI Win Logo or anything It never really gets to Step I've used logo to BEFORE Goes screen blank Install shows this DVD to install on a few diff computers fine So far I tried booting GParted from the CD Install Goes to blank screen BEFORE logo shows to try to format it but that won't boot for me Keep getting quot CD Not Found quot error message I think this may be because of a kernel issue with SATA Anyhow I did get Ubuntu to boot and even install but I can't partition my disc thought a gb partition would help install win

A:Install Goes to blank screen BEFORE logo shows

Try using free Partition Wizard CD which will autostart.

Let files load, select 1 for screen res, Wipe HD with zeroes, then try installing Win7 with GRUB (which interferes) gone. Use Custom install>Drive tools to create New, format first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/78287-install-goes-blank-screen-before-logo-shows.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I'm using I have a DELL4500S desktop, on startup it will not go to the login screen, the screen is just black with the cursor showing. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging everything and restarting it. Nothing is working. When it first starts a pop up shows and says

"This Application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I'm not sure what it's talking about and what to re install and I can't reinstall whatever it is because I can't get to the start menu.

Help? I don't know what to do :[

A:Black screen on startup, showing cursor, doesn't go to log in screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by alexsmom2009

I'm using I have a DELL4500S desktop, on startup it will not go to the login screen, the screen is just black with the cursor showing. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging everything and restarting it. Nothing is working. When it first starts a pop up shows and says

"This Application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I'm not sure what it's talking about and what to re install and I can't reinstall whatever it is because I can't get to the start menu.

Help? I don't know what to do :[

SAMLIB.dll is a security account manager dynamic linked lib. A repair install from the dvd should fix the problem unless you are infected with malware, or have a modified system

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201116-black-screen-startup-showing-cursor-doesnt-go-log-screen.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Formatted Win7 loads shows Win 7 Logo and Screen blank with cursor

I have an Acer laptop 4551, got hit by nasty viruses and on top no restore intact.
I formatted the hard drive which gave me an error 83% and stopped.
Today I turned on laptop to install fresh genuine Windows 7, I popped in the DVD and done everything in BIOS selected Boot from CD. Everything was Ok I hit enter to Continue then comes the Windows 7 logo and after that a blank black screen with Cursor, that's it! I done that some 5/6 times but no luck.

So I need help anyone out there let me know what to do next, Thanks.

A:Formatted Win7 loads shows Win 7 Logo and Screen blank with cursor

Try wiping the HD: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

If there are errors on this operation then immediately test the HD with maker's HD Diagnosticextended CD scan.

Reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS to Optimal Defaults.

While in BIOS setup set SATA controller to AHCI mode, with DVD drive set to boot first.

WHere did you get Win7? If downloaded, confirm ISO integrity or download another. Burn to DVD using ImgBurn at 4x speed, or write to flash stick using Universal USB Installer with Win7 in dropdown menu. Boot stick under USB, Removable or HD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/194193-formatted-win7-loads-shows-win-7-logo-screen-blank-cursor.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Okay So I have been busy trying to get my old laptop started up again When I start it up it restarts. startup and then flashes up screen blue logo shows Laptop does the usual Laptop shows startup logo then blue screen flashes up and restarts. stuff it shows the logo But then a blue screen flashes before my eyes And it restarts again Now I have gone through multiple things to try and fix the problem but I just can't seem to resolve it I have tried safe mode but the same thing occurs blue screen Then I tried to start up the laptop with the f option called start up using settings from last succesful startup Roughly translated out of Dutch but this also failed and the same thing happens Then I tried to go to the recover your computer option of which I still remember that from there you can set back your laptop or pc to the factory settings something that I wouldn't mind because I just want the laptop to start I don't care if I can recover the files that used to be on it This also fails but this one is a bit strange because when I select the recover your computer option it goes to a normal windows screen no text shows up or anything Just my cursor and a nice shiny loading background screen of windows It feels like I have tried everything and I've looked at other posts on the site but I just can't seem to fix it mostly because I cannot set the laptop back to factory settings because of the shiny blue loading screen without text which is all I want I figured out how Laptop shows startup logo then blue screen flashes up and restarts. read the blue screen that flashes up not the Laptop shows startup logo then blue screen flashes up and restarts. shiny loading screen so here it is A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUMEIf this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you may need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safemode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced startup options and then select safemode Technical information STOP x ED xFFFFFA CD xFFFFFFFFC x x I am hoping you can tell me something magical and positive but I am thinking that I'm royally beeped btw I can remember my big brother saying that he removed some file and that from that moment the laptop wouldn't start up again but I have no clue what file or if that is even the truth

A:Laptop shows startup logo then blue screen flashes up and restarts.

What is the make and model of this laptop?

It sounds like you have been able to boot into the Advanced Boot Options.  If you still can move the pointer to Repair your computer, then press Enter.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593086/laptop-shows-startup-logo-then-blue-screen-flashes-up-and-restarts/
Relevancy 83.85%

Inspiron 15R SE 7520
When I attempt to start my laptop it goes to the Dell logo screen and will not boot Windows 8. Any suggestions?
I've had the computer less than a month and if I have to restore the system completely it will not cause much of a problem.

Thanks for the help in advance!

A:Dell Laptop w/ Windows 8 won't boot past dell logo screen

Hello Univers789,
Re-installing windows is the last resort. So before doing that, you can try the steps mentioned below which might fix the issue. 1. Restart the laptop and start tapping the F2 key at the Dell logo for enter the BIOS. 2. Navigate to the “Advanced” menu. 3. Change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from Intel Smart Response to AHCI. 4. Press F10 to save changes and exit. 5. Reboot the system. 6. Go back into the BIOS by tapping the F2 key and change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from AHCI to Intel Smart Response. 7. Save changes and exit by pressing the F10 key. 8. Reboot the system and it should boot normally into Windows. In case the above steps don’t fix the issue, run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics. Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. Please write back with results. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19480504
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988623
Relevancy 83.85%

i am using hp pavillion nbsp g - tx last day i nbsp formatted nbsp my windows win ultimate so i downloaded all the drivers installed it after when i restarted after installing the graphics nbsp driver of AMD the screen nbsp are showed nbsp driver not properly installed after couple driver problem, blue ... display screen black out , screen then of minutes the screen will be black out and will be back in secthen after couple of minutes the screen will be turned blue with some display driver problem, screen black out , then blue screen ... writing nbsp and it will restart and happen the same process seeing this i went to safe mode and uninstalled the AMD graphics nbsp nbsp then restarted it then there was no screen black outs or blue screen but the laptop was working slow as mb ram but i am having gb ram i tried to install intel graphics then the answer was this laptop cant meet the nbsp requirements so i tried to install from internet nbsp site of AMD as well as INTEL but no change was done so i hope there will be a solution for this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/display-driver-problem-screen-black-out-then-blue-screen/td-p/5780896
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi to all I m getting one problem with my laptop Acer TM WLMI When I try to switch it logo after screen Black on the acer screen comes and I m able to press F and to enter bios menu After the Black screen after logo logo of the laptop it goes to a black screen and the hard disk led will start working and the black screen will remain Meanwhile If I quit the RAM memory from the computer It will always have black screen from the beginning even without showing the acer logo And If I disconnect the hard disk it will come a line message bucle in which the last line says quot operating system not found quot If I try to press F for safe menu it won t allow me to get to this menu Edit Update I tried Recovery CD and I did chkdsk everything went fine then when I tried to dir over c windows it worked and when I tried to do dir over c the computer suddenly restarted I went againt though the Recovery cd and saw correctly files on c although it was saying quot access deny quot for folders that s normal After this I did fixboot and fixmbr and restarted computer and it again has the black window after the acer logo So what I ve done finally is doing a recovery of the files with Ubuntu Live CD Ubuntu runs quite well I m quite desesperate to make my window come back to live again but not with a clean install any idea people Why this could have happened I think there were some powercuts the last time my computer worked properly by the way Does this justify all Thanks Best Regards James nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi, my Acer aspire 7735z laptop recently has started up by going to the 'Starting Windows' screen then its as if the screen turns off. But then after a week it will return to normal. then it will do it again. Somone please give me a NEW solution.

A:Black Screen After Logo

Does this do this after Windows loads Explorer and the desktop? Check your power settings adjust the time interval when the monitor is shut off via Windows power management.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-logo-661989.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi i keep getting a black screen after welcome logo i have tryed safe mode , safe mode with networking , with command prompt , last known good configuration ,directory services restore mode ,rebooting , starting normally and no luck at all what should i try next please help

A:black screen after welcome logo

wat dyu mean u've tried restore mode... have u actually perfomed a system restore coz i would recommend that..
if u have and still no results... find a windows xp cd or iso for usb.... and repair it from there .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-welcome-logo.1122654/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a new laptop running XP SP2. Whenever I startup my computer, immediately after the xp logo is displayed, the screen goes black and nothing happens for a minute or so. Does anyone know why this happens?

Relevancy 83.42%

My daughter has a wireless network set up with SBC DSL using a 2Wire modem. Her sister and another roomate have Internet access. The 2Wire is in the room where there is intermittent access. This has gone on for three months. Finally, we installed a Netgear adapter because we discovered the green light was not on in the back of her tower. Now, the green light is on and the new adapter is recognized. We didn't remove the old adapter. When she starts her computer now, her screen is black after the XP logo. Please help because SBC techs are of no help.

Frustrated Novice Mom

A:Black screen after XP logo

Tried removing the old adapter? Recycling (powering off) the modem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-xp-logo-33154.html
Relevancy 83.42%

My pc with xp home edition crashed and upon restart it was all normal and after the xp loading bar the screen just goes black but i have the mouse and can move it around but that is it. i restarted in safe mode and the problem was the same except that around the edges there was writing saying it was in safe mode so i ran a "chkdsk /r" from the xp disc but after this had completed there was no change either so im out of ideas and really dont want to reinstall xp. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 83.42%

when ever i start my dell e520 pc, the black screen comes up and i cant go beyond that. i did scan the computer with dell dignostic but it says there is no error. i tried to repair the windows with the xp operating system cd, when i tried to run the cd it says INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 1024please give me some advice on how to fix this.

A:Black screen before the xp logo

Check your disk for scratches, or fingerprints. Clean your cdrom or dvd drive with compressed air. Try an external cd drive.Are you using the Dell xp disk that came with your computer? A replacement disk can be ordered from dell for about 7.00 and shipping.Your computer has a recovery partition. It can restore your computer to factory condition. It will usually destroy anything you have added since it was new but there may be options that can help you backup your data, music and files. Read the info on the linked page:http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...;l=en&s=dhsIf you don't have your files backed up we can help you with alternative methods of saving your data but your will have to reinstall any programs you have added since buying the computer.For more information re your computer, start at the dell support home page and enter the service tag from the back of your computer.http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx...;l=en&s=dhs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308495/black-screen-before-the-xp-logo/
Relevancy 83.42%

I just recently installed XP Pro on a new harddrive. When booting, I'll get the XP logo, then a black screen. I've tried downloading new video drivers from nvidia (on a different computer), booted in safe mode, installed, rebooted, same problem. Everything in safe mode seems to work fine. I tried booting in safe mode with networking, and the computer hangs up at the last line before windows would load normally (/mup i believe). I tried installing new LAN drivers from the MOBO manufacturer, but I get an error, and they won't install. Any ideas?

Mobo: Shuttle AK32V
CPU: AMD Athalon ~1.2GHz
Video: nVidia GeForce 6200

A:Black Screen After XP Logo

Did you install the motherboard chipset drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218340/black-screen-after-xp-logo/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi Everyone As the title says about i have a Dell Vostro and im running Windows with a bit It is only years only It started about a month ago I was on my laptop viewing and Black screen. Vostro login screen Dell reach Wont 1520. deleting some unwanted photos i had A few minutes later Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen i realized that i deleted a photo that i wanted So i went to the recycling bin and restored that photo When i went back to my photos and went into the album it said something like i do no have permission to access this folder Please press continue to get full permission I clicked continue and i got the access i should have Now i tried many more random folders and the same Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen thing happened Also when i came Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen out of the folders the folders had a big pad lock sign on the front of it After that i shut down the laptop and went to turn it back on The laptop will power on like normal I can press f for the boot options which i have already tried many times I also tried it in safe mode and what-not but still nothing I can hear the fan and stuff spinning up like normal I have also put and CD into the CD ROM and that spins up fine So after the Dell logo on the screen it goes black and stays that way with the cursor You can move the cursor around no problem I should also add that the battery light is and has been flashing for a good wile Its flashing orange and blue I m wondering if this has anything to do with the battery Because my laptop will not charge with the AC adapter in it for many months now It will only stay powered on with the AC adapter plugged in One more thing The LED lights over the buttons None of the are flashing besides one on the far left And i cant find out anywhere what this LED light stands for It looks like a battery to me Any advice would be so great The way it is now i don t care about the laptop I really want to hope i can save my pictures and videos i have on there nbsp

A:Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Since its a laptop the harddrive is easy to pull out and remove.If you have or can get a usb sata/ide connector hook the drive to that and then to another computer if you have one so you can save all of your important data like pix, music, etc.The laptop battery is going to have to be replaced since its no longer charging properly.It sounds like there might be a short somewhere or a power supply problem along with a bad battery.Or possibly something might be wrong with the screen or video or graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-black-screen-wont-reach-login-screen.1031342/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I've been working on a dell inspiron 1525 today and cant figure what is causing this problem.

The laptop boots, displays the post screen, and then the screen goes black.
You can boot into BIOS,
You can boot into the Boot menu.

You cannot boot into safe mode, the f8 key does nothing,
when using the boot menu, u can't boot into a windows disc to reload the operating system, it just goes black.
I did however manage to boot into a linux cd i have and run a HDD test (what passed) and a memory test (what also passed).

It does exactly the same on an external monitor aswell so I am lost with this one.

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1525 - Screen goes black after POST screen?

Which OS is on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dell-inspiron-1525-screen-goes-black-after-post-screen-642561.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I read the posting instructions but it's a little difficult for me to run that program because my computer won't actually display anything But here's what I Blue no BIOS, screen after no display Black Screen, can answer OS - Win bit Original OS - Vista Home Premium October OS is retail upgrade Hard Drive has been in use since October everything else is less than hours old I haven't reinstalled the OS CPU - Intel Core i k Videocard - BFG nVidia GeFroce GTX GB MoBo - ASUS P H -M PSU - Corsair GS W A on v if that's relevant Corsair GB DDR Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display MHz RAM x GB Don't know about system manufacturer they're different parts The Case is by NZXT and the TB HDD is by Seagate This is going to be a bit of a long read so I'll start off by giving the short version of all this Here's the short version I built this PC yesterday and it was working but couldn't 't display the native x resolution I got quot Out of Range quot error Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display on my monitor when I tried to change it to any other resolution I installed an nVidia control program and made a custom resolution of x About half an hour later I got a blue screen Now when I start it up I just get a black screen no error messages just a black screen It isn't just my own monitor I've tried it with another fully functioning one too And more detail here It was all working alright when I first set it up but I couldn't get native resolution for my LG W monitor x which displayed the resolution just fine on my old PC with no dedicated GPU When I changed the resolution through the Windows resolution change interface tool it wouldn't give me the option of going over x something else I can't remember I tried to change the refresh rate but I got the same error when I tried to increase the resolution as when I tried to change the refresh rate quot Out of Range quot and then it said a frequency in kHz and Hz I downloaded the nVidia control panel and made a custom resolution x and it was all fine after that However the first problem I noticed was I could not run the game Civilization V because upon starting the game up I got the same quot Out of Range quot error message from my monitor I even tried to change the compatibility so that I could let it run at the lower resolution x or something like that but I got the same error message That was pretty much the only problem although I'm sure I would have encountered similar problems if I tried to play similar games I was using the computer for about half an hour and whilst I was on facebook I just got a blue screen It stayed there for a couple seconds then I turned it off from the main socket When I started it up again I just got a black screen I didn't even get a BIOS display I've been trying it all morning and it still hasn't been working Also after I've turned it on from the main socket upon startup it starts up then shuts down then starts up again then down and finally stays on after a couple moments of this Still displaying nothing on the monitor though and I get no quot Out of Range quot error message just a black screen I have no idea what it may be I have tried erasing the CMOS thing by moving the jumper position on the motherboard and removing and reinstalling the battery but that hasn't seemed to have worked I don't know what else to do Thanks a lot in advance I know it's a long read

A:Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Does the system display the Asus splash screen before going to the black screen?

Have you checked to see if the video card has power (the extra power plugs in most cards these days)? Have you checked to make sure the fan is working, and that the video cooler isn't clogged up?

Have you tried another video card? I'd suspect that the video card or it's drivers are your issue. If the system boots into Safe Mode, then I'd suspect the drivers, if it doesn't boot into Safe Mode (so you can see the display) - then I'd have to assume that it's the video card.

See if you can return the video card. If not, then see if you can borrow one from another computer - or buy one that you can return if it's not needed.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-after-blue-screen-no-bios-no-display-594237.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey!

My Dell Inspiron 1100 is over 6 years old at this point, quite the dinosaur. However, I still have a bit of old data I would love to remove before it really bites the dust.

When I boot up the machine, usually the display is clear and bright. However, after no more than a minute the screen goes black and only a faint outline of the desktop remains. What is the problem and what do I need to do to solve it?

Thanks!

A:Dell Inspiron 1100 screen goes black 30 secs after booting up, faint screen outline

Hi

backlights or invertor board is failing (failed).

If there is an external monitor socket on it use a monitor to see the screen and then you can backup your data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1100-screen-goes-black-30-secs-after-booting-up-faint-screen-outline.147047/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi i get black screen after i updated my gfx drivers wenn i went windows 7, it worked on vista if i didnt updated driver 4 gfx got a 8800gts tryed to update bios and still didnt worked dont now what to plz help

A:Black screen after windows logo

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before the troubles began. You may have to boot from the Windows DVD or repair disc to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/93897-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Here we go My laptop is hp-dv - tx with ATI and intel hd switchable graphics Recently my laptop started giving me a black screen after the windows logo I was having some issues with my GPUs too Issues with GPU Sometimes my ATI card was not coming up in the device manager and i was only using intel HD i have noticed that when that happens i can't see my the Black screen after windows logo. laptop charging icon changes to plugged in mode even though i plug in the charger but the laptop was of course charging perfectly But recently i found my ATI card back in device manager and it was working pretty well But after exactly a week I started getting some white lines appearing in the display too Issue of black screen With that knowledge i assumed Black screen after the windows logo. that the black screen issue is a counter-product of the GPU issue Black screen after the windows logo. I used safemode to uninstall all the GPU drivers Then i can log into windows and work normally and windows detects the GPUs and install the plug and play drivers After they install it i can restart the pc and work normally But once a shut this down and later when i try to switch it on i get the black screen issue from ground zero that makes me believe that this is mere a software issue But those white lines i mentioned about is due to hardware fault i guess I don't know what to do right now I don't want ATI graphics intel HD is ok i just want to switch this thing on and do my work coz i can't afford another laptop right now Please help me to resolve this issue Thank you in advance

A:Black screen after the windows logo.

Hello and welcome Schintoff now I am no expert by any stretch but you could try and run a scannow as a first step

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/277558-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I was recently trying to get men of valor demo to work. I was changing bios setting to diffrent speeds. Now when I reboot or turn my machine on bios asus logo apperans fine , bios is fine, when xp logo is fine, the a black screen appears where the desktop should show up, mouse arrow and black screens is all that shows. help.

9800 redeon pro 128 mb
ASUS A7N8X deluxe
2 stacks 512 kingston 3200 slot 1, crosshair 3200 slot 3
samsung 80 gb hd
w digital 40 bg hd slave

A:black screen after xp logo on startup

Try these..

1. You might have over clocked the bios too much. Try lowering the speed. Or loading the bios default settings.

2. RAM is loose. Take out and firmly reseat your ram chips. Ram or memory is often a picky creature.

3. Have your tried letting windows XP boot for several minutes while showing the black screen. Say 10 minutes or so?

4. Can you boot into safe mode?

- barfarf

Good luck and please lets us know what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-xp-logo-on-startup.39722/
Relevancy 82.56%

hey im new and my laptop is having big problems after i let my friend borrow it for a month. when i got the laptop back from him i noticed that the screen wasnnt in the right resolution, it was to small. so i changed it. right after that the colours were all screwed up so i decided to restart the computer. but the screen just goes black after the window logo loads. i hear the window music but its just a black screen. the safe mode and everything else doesnt work. please help..... its a sony vaio pcg-r505el running windows xp home

A:Black screen after Window logo

You may want to try an XP repair:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-window-logo.175443/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,
So recently I formatted my laptop and installed graphic drivers, once I do and restart, after windows starting thing, the screen goes black. Only when i go to safe mode and disable 1 graphic druver it works.
My graphic drivers are AMD and Intel. Now I installed Intel, and its fine, but when I install AMD, after restart screen goes black. Please help me
My specs:-http://i.imgur.com/tZG4pJu.png

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380458-screen-goes-black-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi all.

I'am running windows 7 professional. When i boot the PC, i have no trouble up to the point of the windows logo. When this disappears my screen (SyncMaster 913n) keep displaying the text "optimal screen resolution is 1280x1024 60 hertz" and then i dont see anything else than that. Even if i change the screen resolution to 800x600 i get the message.

My GFX is 8800 Geforce GT with the drivers 285.62 (64Bit) same issue.
Everything was working fine earlier today, then after a reboot i got this issue.

The computer is a clean re-install so can their be missing some drivers besides the GT 8800 that can make the problem?

Thanks on advance.

Edit.
I'am currently trying to download the SP1 and will install this to see if this will solve anything, but i have my doubts.

A:black screen after windows logo

Question if I may.
What did you do, or what happened immediately before you rebooted ?
This could be very relevant.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/198134-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

So, my girlfriends laptop takes AGES to boot, but it boots fine in safe mode, which rules out the possibility of the HDD failing. It goes to the Windows logo, then goes black, the mouse works fine - you can see it moving about but it doesn't go further than that, no sounds are made etc..

Things I've tried:

-chkdsk
-bootrec.exe /fixmbr & /fixboot
-last known config
-sfc
-tons of spyware/malware removal etc
-sifted through the Windows folder for any weird/unrecognizable files
-turned almost everything off in the msconfig startup tab

I reallllly want to avoid re-formatting but if that's the only option left then it'll have to be done!

Anything else I can try?

Thanks!

A:Black Screen After Windows 7 Logo?

What make and model is her laptop?
Are all the drivers up to date. Check in Device Manager for warnings.
What OS is your girlfriends computer running?
Have you tried disabling all items in msconfig?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-windows-7-logo-557859.html
Relevancy 82.56%

now i think some where on this sight some one had asked about this but i cant find it so if they did sorry for the repeat but any way heres the problem

after the windows logo the screen shuts down and goses to sleep i can get in to safe mode and all the way in to windows with out the drivers i have tryed 2-3 diffrent drivers and it has done this with each one the video card is a ati safire (ya i know i cant spell) 9200 .... short of replacing the video card i'm running out of ideas having never seen this problem befor, is this just a bad video card i have made sure that it didint some how get set over that the screen was able to display

A:black screen after windows logo

NM figured it out it was a bad GPU messed me up sence this is the first card i seen that had no visual defects from going out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-windows-logo.81553/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey everyone. I just inherited a Dell Latitude running XP SP2, with a P4 1.60GHz and 1GB of RAM.

I recently wiped it, re-installed windows XP, got the latest BIOS for it (A13), and have it running pretty smoothly for a fairly old laptop.

However, there is one very annoying thing about it. If its been running awhile... a few hours maybe... and then restart it, it will get past the XP logo 'load up' screen and then just go black.

I've tried scouring the internet for the reason for this, but i have a hunch its either a) i installed something that it can't handle, or b) its an old laptop, and once it gets a bit hot, it can't handle loading XP.

...however, it can get into safe mode very easily, even when it can't get into XP.
What are your suggestions?

Thanks!

Relevancy 82.56%

Hello I usually don t ask for help as I seem to get most of the issues fixed myself but this one is over my head To begin with these Logo Screen Black Windows After XP are my specs Motherboard ASUS M N rev g Processor AMD Athlon LE- MHz HDD WD Caviar Blue Gb Power Supply Delux W Graphic Card Nvidia GeForce LE M RAM DDR- MHz Kingston Now Windows XP Black Screen After Logo Friday there was the cleaning lady in the office and unplugged the PC while it was started I left it like that until Monday and in the morning it didn t start It starts normally Windows logo appears it is loading and after that it hangs on a black screen with no mouse cursor I tried - Replacing RAM - Replacing Power Supply - Replacing Video Card - Install Repair of Windows XP with Original Disk - Ran CHKDSK r from recovery console - Tried fixboot fixmbr from recovery console - Scanned The Whole Filesystem with Kaspersky Rescue Disk - I tried replacing the HDD with a new one did a fresh install of windows XP and it works Now I can t afford to lose data so fresh install is not an option It doesn t start in safe mode not in VGA mode not in debugging mode I have resources I just need an idea on what to do from here Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Windows XP Black Screen After Logo

If this is too elementary, let me know... Just not sure how basic you need the help to be.

I doubt all the hardware changes were required.
I suspect you "simply" ended up with a damaged windows installation from the loss of power.
(Hence the advisability of a UPS.)
With any luck you can still recover most of your data...
any files open at the time of power loss are likely damaged.

You have replaced the hard-drive and (re) installed windows on the new drive.

Your old drive is now out of the machine?
Or did you slave it and leave it in the machine?

If it is out of the machine, you can do the same with a USB enclosure for it.

From the new boot disk... boot,
and try to use Window's explorer to look at the old drive: Can you find files?
If so, transfer them to the new drive.
After you transfer your files, you can reinitialize the old hard drive, and...
either install it (for example) as a data-drive,
or use it as a usb drive for back-ups.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-black-screen-after-logo.154001/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am trying to install a new operating system. I have Windows XP Professional on one partition, I deleted it to install Windows XP Essential. When the CD asks me to reboot the PC so it can finish the installation the screen goes black. Now after a while I get a blue screen saying that Windows XP is checking a disk for consistancy. When it finishes the screen freezes and nothing else happens.

Relevancy 82.56%

Hey guys,

Yesterday I was trying to install newer AMD drivers of all sorts of stuff, and it was bugging me because it was really difficult to install and was always stuck at "Installing AMD Display Driver". I tried to find fixes and people told me to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall my drivers then install the new ones, but DDU wasn't working for me so I ended up manually uninstalling my drivers through Device Manager. Nothing happened but I still couldn't install my new drivers, so I eventually just shut off my laptop. Today, I turned it on and after the Windows logo, I just got a black screen and it just sat there forever until I forcefully shut it off. I'm guessing something happened to my graphics drivers while installing/uninstalling my drivers yesterday. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks, Mark

EDIT: I can't boot into Safe Mode either, same result :/

A:Black screen after Windows Logo

I used my Windows 8 installation disk to do a system restore, and thankfully DDU did actually make a restore point even though it wasn't functioning! Though it did say the system restore failed due to an error, after I pressed ok to the message, it randomly restarted the computer and normally booted into Windows 8, and said 'System Restore completed successfully.' Phew!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/67373-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

When I was on my laptop, my screen suddenly became black. And now when I try to startup my laptop, it first asks if I want to do the startup repair or just start normally.
But when I choose startup repair, it just loads and then my screen blacks out again. And when I select start windows normally. The normal windows logo appears, but then a BSOD flashes and then my screen goes black again. It doesn't shut down or anything. My screen just stays black.

What should I do?

A:After startup logo, screen goes black

Oh, it's just restarting after that. So I'm stuck in a loop, can anybody help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340207-after-startup-logo-screen-goes-black.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Every time I turn on my computer I logo screen Black after Windows get a hanging black screen and sometimes the BSOD Just now I turned it on waited for the black screen for some time then pressed ctrl alt del and got a bsod some secs after that Now it has performed the startup repair the problem details are as follows problem event name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Black screen after Windows logo Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature XF OS Version Locale ID It says that the Startup Repair cannot repair the computer automatically Help really appreciated Oh and I can turn it on in safe mode EDIT It appears that I cannot get into safe mode either although previously I could have I get the BSOD even when I try to boot in safe mode The last file it tries to load in safe mode is avgidshx sys then I get a black screen OMG i got to the welcome screen just now safe mode with command prompt

A:Black screen after Windows logo

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

In Safe Mode with Command Prompt type in cmd in the Search programs and files.cmd will appear in Programs above, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.   
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.  
A page similar to the one below will open.
Type in sfc /scannow and then press Enter to start the scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491166/black-screen-after-windows-logo/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everybody. I am a newbie at this so please give me some credit i have recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 on my XP machine. Prior to this, I uninstalled other antivirus programs (avast!, ad-aware, nod32). After installing Kaspersky and updating the virus list, the software demanded the machine to be restarted. So i did. After the Windows logo now, the screen goes black. I tried to restore to a previous checkpoint but nothing happend. Any ideas?

PS try to keep your reply, if any, free of difficult technical terms. i would appriciate it

A:Black Screen after windows logo

Hello PavlosCy

What happened when you tried System Restore? Did you get an error message?
Did you try it in the following way?

Boot into Safe Mode Options Screen (the one with Last Known Good Configuration on it) by pressing F8 at bootup and choose
'Safe mode with command prompt'

At the command prompt type
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hopefully this will open System Restore, so restore to before the problem started
http://bertk.mvps.org/

If it still won`t work try the following
Configure your PC to boot from CD if it isn't already set up that way. You may need to enter the BIOS to configure the PC to boot from the CD.
Set the boot order to
Floppy (if present)
CDROM
Hard Disk
SAVE and EXIT

Start your PC with the XP Setup CD in the drive. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD..." prompt, do so and let the CD-based boot process begin.

When the Recovery Console option is offered ("Press R to start the Recovery Console"), do so. You may be asked which Windows installation to enter, in which case type the number of the Windows installation you wish to work on (usually "1").

When prompted, enter the Administrator's password for that Windows installation. If you did not set a password just press ENTER

At the command prompt, type
Bootcfg /Rebuild
ENTER

The exact wording will depend on your setup, but after a few moments you'll see a prompt that says something like:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add Installation To Boot List?

Assuming the information you see is correct, enter
Y
Bootcfg will start the process of rebuilding the boot list to include the indicated Windows installation

After a moment, you'll be asked to "Enter Load Identifier."
This is the name of the operating system that will appear in boot menus.
Type
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
or
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
(whichever your system is)
ENTER
Next you'll be asked to "Enter OS Load Options."
For normal installations, enter
/Fastdetect
ENTER

Type
Exit
to leave the Recovery Console and reboot the PC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-logo-471000.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello. A friend of mine has an HP a1730n desktop.
It has integrated Nvidia graphics.

She can't get into safe mode either. It will go to that screen for a moment and flicker to a black screen as well.

Last night HP had a software update which im assuming is the culprit. It seems that a video driver is screwey.

I seem to remember there being a keyboard shortcut you could use at boot-up that would default the video back to a safe resolution.

Thanks if anyone can shed light on this.
Person to answer correctly gets a Brand new PC DVD Game shipped to them "Americas Army SF Coalition"
-Brian

A:Black screen after Vista Logo

check the cables are secure
try a system restore from booting from the windows install disk and choosing repair at the bottom left to see if it is the update that caused it
if it only came with a restore disk i would try putting in a card in case it's the chip and not the update that caused it
last a restore install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-vista-logo-184373.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everyone I HELP!!! windows Please logo. after screen Black seem to have a problem with my vga at least thats what i think it is from reading many other posts I have just got a new mobo which was working fine until the other day when it started taking a good mins to load up So i tried to repair xp and then it would stop with mins remaining i managed to get around this problem by starting set up in debugging mode As always it created another problem with my services and dhcp would not start so i took the drastic action of backing up my stuff Black screen after windows logo. Please HELP!!! using crappy files amp settings transfer wizard After that i done a full format and re-installed xp It resolved the problems with the services not Black screen after windows logo. Please HELP!!! starting the display was looking fine But yet again it created another problem i tried to transfer my files amp settings which would work but the display would be very patchy like with no icons in start menu or Black screen after windows logo. Please HELP!!! my documents i downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card ATI Radeon and installed it which seemed to install ok as there were no error messages Re-started the pc hoping it would sort the display out but instead it would load the windows logo with the progress bar and then when i should be seeing the welcome screen it just goes blank with only the mouse cursor visble my hdd led is on and appears to be loading stuff but no matter how long i leave it it will not show anything As the mobo has onboard graphics i removed my ati card and tried with the on board display and still getting the same problem i have tried booting in safe mode vga mode debugging mode and last known config but still it does nothing i have also tried doing a chkdsk using recovery console and it freezes at I am currently trying another repair but i dont hold out much hope if anyone can help me i would really appriecate it as i am very tempted to throw the damn thing out of the window Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Black screen after windows logo. Please HELP!!!

what are the temps in the bios, pls list full computer specs here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-windows-logo-please-help.534314/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi all im in need of miracles This laptop Came with windows upgrade from manufacter os had the problem boot - gt bios and logo Then black screen with mouse pointer I search on hp web and the black logo screen no 15-d012sl problem seem to be win not getting the video driver so i did the process of reinstall win from recovery partition but on any windows screen it frozes randomly so i perform a bios reset hard reset but nothing then i got total 15-d012sl black screen no logo black screen not Even logo anymore so i search again and turns out bios is dead so i try bios recovery and the window shows on screen it does its stuff but 15-d012sl black screen no logo at reboot same problem At this Point i 15-d012sl black screen no logo ended up opening the laptop and clean evry thing apart change thermal compound artic freez mx un pluged bios battery ecc On the ram i noticed a Brown spot in betwen connectors clean it up but lets assume ram is dead and that was freezing win at thoes start up screens After i put the laptop all together start up same problem so i tryd bios recovery from usb to do it had to total format the hdd but still no solution When it starts press f and it will display F entring settup In bottom left corner but does nothing like bios was not there to boot Knowing it makes bios recovery it says its ok and reboot but its not there some say its the video chip but pc its not that old and worked first and display works in bios recovery the F start displays bios is not So if is the chip whats the diference betwen bios recovery screen bios screen and the F screen why it display some stuff and not other i can understand fried chip doesnt display windows screen but the other stuff seeams similar screens and if ram is fried why it startup the other screens but not bios XD i hate laptops Hope some one can help me Btw tryd external monitor but nothing no signal

A:15-d012sl black screen no logo

Hi On the ram i noticed a Brown spot in betwen 2 connectors clean it up but lets assume ram is dead and that was freezing win10 at thoes start up screens. If you think the ram (Memory Module) is faulty, then a replacement may be the answer.  ====================================================================== My thoughts are a stable and cohesive plan. If you have already disassembled the laptop and re-assembled it, then perhaps removing things that could be problematic like the HDD and any add in Wi-Fi cards, optical drives etc.  Then power on and get a BIOS installed and working. I am unable to work out if you have a screen working or not? So can you update me please.  

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/15-d012sl-black-screen-no-logo/td-p/5586336
Relevancy 82.56%

Recently i install a SSD on my desktop with a fresh window install (i unplug my old HDD and put on AHCI before i did). On a cold start my screen goes black after window logo. I updated my bios just in case with asus ezflash and reinstall a clean instalation of my videocard driver. But i still have this black screen problem. Expect when i restart the computer (on the second attempt) after the black screen i can finally load in past the logo and my desktop show up.

I plug my SSD in the marvell connector (6/g) on a saberthooth X58. My cpu is a i7 950 12 gig ram corsair (i change my ram too) and my GPU is a msi 760gtx.

I read a lot of forum but it still a mystery for me.

(once my window finally load, my system seem pretty stable and can run all day long).

Thank for any insight about this problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-screen-goes-black-after-window-logo.1166856/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi The PC has power and fans spin when the power button is pressed.  There is no display and no HP logo just a completely black screen.  I have followed the steps to try and rest the bios but this does not work. The PC is out of warranty, are there any suggestions how to fix this or how do I send teh PC back to HP for repair? Thanks

A:Pavilion 23 All in One - BLACK SCREEN NO HP LOGO

Greetings, Troubleshooting this type of problem on an "All in One" system is difficult. You have no display so it is not possible to boot in Safe Mode to check for a graphics driver conflict. Possible hardware causes could be: graphics hardware, Memory, Processor and or Motherboard Processor Socket motherboard, Power Supply. Best to have it serviced. Contact HP Service here. You'll need the correct product number. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Pavilion-23-All-in-One-BLACK-SCREEN-NO-HP-LOGO/td-p/5601147
Relevancy 82.56%

I can see the mouse after my windows logo shows up but nothing else. Ctrl alt del does not work nothing works. The only thing I can think of is randomly my computer shut down yesterday while it was plugged in. Its a laptop battery still in and still works. The computer is only 8 months old. I can get into safe mode. Please help i am in Iraq and this laptop is my connection to my family.

A:Black Screen after Win 7 Logo I can see the mouse

I have tried a clean boot turning off system service after hiding microsoft and I also stopped startup items under msconfig it said diagnostic startup this didnt work either. I have recovery disks i made myself when i first got the laptop its 3 dvds. I dont really care about my files but if system recovery wont work i dont want to do it. Also i just want to make sure it is not an issue that can be resolved some other way first. I have already tried removing the battery holding down power for 2 min. I have already tried a system restore point that was not successful. PLEASE help me

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114477-black-screen-after-win-7-logo-i-can-see-mouse.html
Relevancy 82.56%

can anyon help?
I have a Toshiba laptop with windows 7
when I tried to open it I got a black background with a blue Windows logo on
after a few seconds loading it goes to a black screen with no curser

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396436-black-screen-blue-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello guys I have an Intel motherboard when I connect vga cable to interragded vga of pc there's no problem but when I install my graphic card and connect vga cable to it the screen turn to black after windows 7 logo
So what should I do to fix this ?
And thanks

Try loading defaults in BIOS. And then try disabling on-board from BIOS.

Can you get the mouse to that screen? Try moving mouse to extreme right and then left.
Possible the logon screen is still on the now not-attached display.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/374510-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi all Yesterday I installed Windows pro on my system and everything went fine and I installed all programs screen logo after Black windows I usually use and last thing I installed was net framework Black screen after windows logo if I remember correctly PC was rebooted once or twice before all this to apply all previous installs updates and drivers etc After next reboot immediately after windows logo just when it needs to log in to account screen goes black - sometimes there's a cursor visible but mostly not I had to do several reboots via case button until it booted normally into windows Note - everything seems to work Black screen after windows logo fine as system fans and components are working If black screen happens I have no way to enter safe mode F doesn't work I can just reboot through case button I've searched solutions on microsoft site and also Black screen after windows logo googled and it seems it's a frequent problem After researching a bit I went into event viewer-windows logs-system and there is a consistent set of errors showing First I get yellow triangle warning saying amp amp quot The time service has set the time with offset xxxxxx seconds amp amp quot It's followed with some normal notifications and then errors which say system was shut down unexpectedly as I hard rebooted it Today when I managed to log in after several reboots I noticed it said time was am even though it was actually It fixed itself automatically as I saw after some minute There were some other yellow triangles at Event viewer-windows logs-application and several programs like explorer exe mmc exe AMD ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe AMD ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe wuauclt exe Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe rainmeter exe skydrive exe dwm exe taskhostex exe etc report this error cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID I had same windows version same hardware and all those programs installed before and never had this now I'm lucky to get windows to show Only thing I remember installing differently was newer version of amd CCC drivers Had before and now I have version Please advise me what to do

edit - deleted this post as I fixed formatting error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-after-windows-logo-992217.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi there
My xp PC won't boot up. It gets as far as the Windows logo and then goes black and stays there. If I force a shutdown by holding down the power button I can boot up in safe-mode, or I can choose the option to boot using the last known good configuration, in which case everything works normally until I shut-down and restart again.

I tried a diagnostic startup but no improvement.

I've done a full virus scan.

I downloaded a copy of HDHacker and backed up the boot records with a view to running FIXMBR. But first I wanted to check with someone who knows what they're doing that this would be a good idea, and that I might be on the right track, or suggest a better option

Thanks in advance

How long would you typically wait? Try letting it sit for an hour at the black screen. Also, does ctrl+alt+del work or do you see a mouse cursor?

If that is the only account you have, try making a new temporary one and see if that will change anything.

You can also try running Process Monitor to provide us a log of the boot-up proces. There is an option to have it run at boot-up to record boot process. You'll need to set it up for this, which can be done by:

1. First, go to File then Backing Files... and instead of having it use pagefile have it log everything directly to an actual file. Name it as you wish in the directory you want.

2. Go to Options then Enable Boot Logging.

Restart the computer and let it boot up normally. Let it sit at the black screen for a bit. If you do not hear your PC chugging at all or see the disk activity light on the front of the PC flashing, then restart then go back into safe mode and open up the file with Process Monitor. Go to file then Save As and save it as another file (default options are ok), zip it up and send it to us.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-after-windows-logo-598871.html
Relevancy 82.56%

In system restore there is two users but i don't know the passwords i never get one to begin with.

Black screen after logo

please help

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/75846-windows-8-1-black-screen-after-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

exactly as i say in the title...

xp logo (xp pro sp3)
then black screen
then you hear a tick...and it restarts

i know its prob just system files that are damaged / corrupt

is there any tool i can use to run a scan disk to allow me to scan my drive without taking
it out to slave and then run a scandisk?

let me know
pk

A:xp logo,then black screen then restarts

The first thing I would try is:
while the computer is booting continuously tap the F8 key and open into safe mode, then I would use the arrow keys to move up to "last known good configureation" click enter then let the computer do it's thing.
If this is successful, run your anti virus, anti spyware programs.
Then click on My computer> right click on C drive, select properties> tool tab >mark error checking a box wil open with two items for checking, put a mark into each of those, then it will ask if you want it to run on the next start up. Check yes then reboot.
Post back and let us know how this works for you.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-logo-then-black-screen-then-restarts.891061/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi guys,

got an xp pro dell pc that starts up...gets to xp logo and then the blue xp bar loads
across freezes for 20 seconds..carries on goes into a black screen...and nothing...

it was moaning a bit about windows\system32\config is missing or corrupt...then it was
ok...

i can get into safe mode
i have run a chkdsk but this didnt help
i also ran a nod32 virus scan on the drive...found nothing
i also roled the system back to 2 days prior to the crash...nothing
is there anything i can do to recover the system

any help appreciated

A:Solved: xp black screen after logo

I uninstalled every driver i could...and it booted
excellent...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-black-screen-after-logo.857173/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545. Just took it out of the box, it comes loaded with Windows Vista. When i started it up it booted really fast all the way up until the round windows logo with the little sound, then the screen goes black and just sits there for about 3 minutes with the mouse showing, and then it finished loading like normal.

I can't seem to figure out whats causing it. Any ideas?

A:Screen goes black after Windows Logo

it is checking the system components at that time.
One of them isn't answering but it knows it is there so it keeps trying.
If u just got it, call Dell.
u can check ur device manager to see if there is anything showing a problem or not listed that should be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-black-after-windows-logo.850186/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello Basically my Black Logo After Windows Screen laptop was working fine last night I turn it on this morning and after the windows logo appears the screen goes black However i can see and move the mouse cursor still I tried pressing f at the beginning of the start up and tred to repair my problem using the windows repair features but it didn't work annoyingly i forgot to set a restore point as well so i can't try that When Black Screen After Windows Logo i go into safe mode the exact same thing happens but with the mouse being slightly more pixelated and blocky I've got a Windows Premium bit disk which i purchased from Windows but when i load that up it tells me that to install it i need to log into windows which i obviously can't I'm using a HP G - EM i've had it for just over months Annoyingly exactly a week after the warranty is void and like i mentioned i've been using Windows premium bit for the past months Thankyou in advance

A:Black Screen After Windows Logo

The loading of drivers and programs continue after the logo screen, so I would guess that one of them is delaying the boot during the "black" phase. Go into msconfig and disable everything on the Startup tab, after selecting the Selective startup on the General tab. If that makes a difference, then reenable the startup items one at a time, until you have pinpointed the problem. There are startup items that are not listed in msconfig, so you might find it useful to try using StartupCPL, which is freeware that you can download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/55146-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Howdy friends My PC specs ASUS M A L-M USB Mobo AMD FX CPU after windows screen Black logo Corsair Vengeance GB DDR Crucial MX - GB SSD Seagate GB GB HDD ATI Radeon HD GB GPU Cooler Master W PSU So today morning when I turned on my computer after the windows logo the screen went black No cursor nothing I have not added any hardware to my PC recently I tried logging into Safe Mode and was able to do so I did a system restore and then Black screen after windows logo was able Black screen after windows logo to boot without any issues However when I restarted it again got stuck post that Windows Logo screen I uninstalled my display driver and was able to login normally After the driver installed on it's own I restarted and it got stuck again Then I unplugged the VGA cable from my PCI GPU and plugged it into my onboard graphics port I changed the primary graphics adapter in the BIOS and was able to login without Black screen after windows logo any issues I downloaded the onboard graphics driver from ASUS website AMD Catalyst and when I restarted I got a BSOD and it went into a loop of restarting gt BSOD gt restart I have attempted startup repair system restore but nothing seems to work I can however intermittently login without any problem But out of times I am getting stuck past the Windows Logo screen Logs from event viewer - The DHCP Client service depends on the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning ------------------------------------------------------------- The DNS Client service depends on the NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning ----------------------------------------------------------------- The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Network Store Interface Service service depends on the NSI proxy service driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning ------------------------------------------------------------------- The Network Location Awareness service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start ----------------------------------------------------------------- The Workstation service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start ----------------------------------------------------------------- Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected --------------------------------------------------------------- DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE -------------------------------------------------------------- The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load aswKbd aswRvrt aswSnx aswSP aswVmm discache ESProtectionDriver spldr Wanarpv ------------------------------------------------------------------------- The server AD EDBCA- - B- E -C D B E C did not register with DCOM within the required timeout ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered ------------------------------------------------------... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/401880-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello today i was working on the PC when the power with Black windows screen logo got down for a second i started the pc and the power blinked again so i just waited mins or so and i turned on the Black screen with windows logo pc again but this time it only got to the color balls that form the windows logo showed the quot please wait quot message with a black background to finally led me to a black screen with the windows ultimate logo on the bottom center a button with some accesibility options to the Black screen with windows logo left Black screen with windows logo and the red button to turn off and reset the machine i cant do anything more Ctrl Alt Supr doesn't work or the windows key R starting in safe mode doesn't change anything neither my specs are Intel core duo ghz gb RAM GB HDD geForce gt PS i didn't install or configure anything before the second time the power got down and after the first one the pc started fine

A:Black screen with windows logo

Anyone? please i need help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210247-black-screen-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I'm using Asus VivoBook S400C with Windows 8.

After i start the laptop, It goes black after the ASUS logo.

I've tried use shift+F8 to go into recovery. (sometime the shift+F8 might not work, it went black after ASUS logo)

Using troubleshoot's system restore. After minutes of waiting, system restore completed successfully and so i restart. But it went black again.

I tried automatic repair, but nothing good came out.

Tried startup setting to enable safe mode. but unfortunately, it went black after I click the restart button.

Please help me, i'm desperate, been a week... :'(
I don't want to use refresh or reset option.

Thanks.

A:Black screen after brand's logo.

Is it Black but with a Mouse? Or just Black. It may be pending an Auto Repair, and you have to let that finish. Sometimes it takes a long time, it will stay in that black screen for 15 minutes in some cases. My Media system does this, particularly when the Drive has Errors, and until I can use the Install disk to run a Scandisk from Command Prompt, it never gets past that black screen.

The other Black screen with Mouse usually shows up after you see your Skydrive Login, instead of showing your Lockscreen, it goes black with a mouse. But even in that state, I was able to pull up Task Manager and run an In-Place install. Try a scandisk from either an Install DVD or a Hiren's Boot Disk, from MiniXP, see if you got Disk errors. Ive had numerous Errors with Windows 8, and it all comes back to the disk needing to be scanned.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24147-black-screen-after-brands-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I'm not getting the blue screen of death anymore, just a black screen after the windows logo. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance?

- Eternally Pierced​

A:Black Screen After Windows Logo

Try safemode to determine if windows is loading or not.
If it is, set bios to default values and disconnect everything except the video card and bootdrive.
If that solves it, connect things one at a time.

If windows doesn't load, reste bios and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-windows-logo.760006/
Relevancy 82.56%

When I turn on my computer and after the HP logo shows up my desktop goes to a black screen. Last night was normal as always.
Any fix?

A:Boot up - Black Screen after HP Logo

By chance is there a flashing cursor in the top left corner of the otherwise black screen?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56788-boot-up-black-screen-after-hp-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello! I've been having a problem with my computer.

First let me say my 2 year old likes to push buttons with lights and has turned off my computer on multiple occasions while I was using it.

Now when turning on the computer, it loads until I get a black screen and it stays like that for nearly 2 minutes. Then the Windows XP logo shows and Windows loads properly.

Does anyone have any advice on what could be wrong? I scanned the computer with different antiviruses including Malwarebytes and it found nothing.

Could it be a driver or software problem? Or could some hardware been damaged with not turning off the computer properly?

Is there a program I could use that could help me determine the problem?

A:[SOLVED] Black screen before XP logo

I opened up the computer and made sure everything was securely fastened, and a RAM module was loose so I firmly connected it and now it starts up fine!

Mods: You can delete this thread if you'd like.

-tm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-black-screen-before-xp-logo-466408.html