Windows Support Forum

Changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493

Q: Changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493

Hi,

Could anyone show me the steps of changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493?

Thanks,
jd

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.87%

I've checked out Acer 124 BCCODE on 5750 Aspire the forums fairly throughly but I still am not having any luck nbsp Right now I'm installing the WDK so I can decipher the minidmp so I'll add that shortly nbsp I'm running a Aspire nbsp Windows -bit Intel i M gb Dual Channel DDR Mhz - - - ACER JE HR mobo WD hard drive nbsp I bought it second hand - I'm experienced enough that pulling parts and testing things doesn't bother me but this has me stumped nbsp BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750 When ever I stream video and less often download software it crashes with a BSOD which generally means heat overclocking instability or damaged hardware nbsp The fan wasn't working right - so I thought easy fix - replace the fan clean everything up and redo the thermal paste nbsp Still happened nbsp So now it gets more problematic nbsp Stress tested the GPU with FurMark - mins - no crashes Stress tested the CPU with Prime - mins - no crashes no errors no warnings Temperature never goes above 'Disabled' Turbo by setting the power for the processor to less than nbsp Still happens Chkdsk this is a fresh Windows install with nothing more than Chrome and some windows updates added - hard disk comes back clean instantly I'll be replacing this in the future anyway with a TB M T Samsung Memory test - had an gig sodimm in it to begin with nbsp It was not and only one nbsp This tested out with an error in the first pass nbsp I thought AH HAH got you nbsp So I replaced it with the exact memory this beast calls for Two sodimms - gig each nbsp So that everything is optimal nbsp Did a memtest - all is good nbsp Nope still crashes nbsp So do I try to replace the HD nbsp Or give up and replace the mobo nbsp Or wait til the WDK downloads which caused me to crash a few minutes ago nbsp The fact that it crashes when I'm downloading or streaming makes me think it's the harddrive in spite of it testing clean nbsp Right now I'm unemployed so the unhelpful suggestion of buying a new laptop as the parts I'd need are way less than a new laptop would be isn't needed nbsp

A:BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750

Update: I think it may be the HD. Was running the extended test through WD diagnostic and after 41 mins it crashed with that BSOD.  Near the end of the diagnostic.  Hmmm... Appears a new HD is in order.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/BCCODE-124-on-Acer-Aspire-5750/td-p/424256/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.01%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.01%

I put my laptop on sleep mode last night in error - I usually use Hibernate.When I cam eto turn it on this morning then nothing happens.The blue power light is on but the screen is black.I have tried switching off and on again but nothing happens. Also removing the battery.Help?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-not-coming-out-of-sleep/td-p/451839
Relevancy 89.01%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729
Relevancy 89.01%

I only know my laptop can play blue-ray disc movies, but that's it. I don't wanna buy foreign made DVD's just to find out they won't work because my laptop can't play DVD's made of a different system. If someone could help me with this that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.  :-)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Is-my-Acer-Aspire-5750-s-DVD-player-PAL-NTSC-TV-system/td-p/462993
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi everyone

My laptop Acer aspire 5750 shuts down after few seconds at power on. I have checked the ram, hd, battery, power pack on a similar brand laptop and are all working good.

I removed the fan and heat sinks, cleaned them plus the inside cover. After all this I had every thing back together powered on machine and found fault still persists.

At the moment right now I think I have a faulty mother board caused by a short.

I need assistance if anyone can help me get around fixing this fault.

Thank you

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Shuts down after few seconds of powering up.

If you think it's caused by a short, you'd have to remove the board from the shell, lay it on cardboard, and try and power it up that way.

If everything is secured in place, I'd lean towards motherboard failure as well.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/acer-aspire-5750-shuts-down-after-few-seconds-powering-up-276769/
Relevancy 87.72%

My laptop won't boot after I changed the video configuration settings in the bios. Any time I turn on the laptop it just makes a clicking noise & switches itself back off so I cannot change the settings back.
I have tried to reset the cmos battery but I have been unable to remove the keyboard to get to it.
is there a way I can get my laptop working again?

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Won't Boot After Changes in Bios Settings

With your receipt, take laptop to any busines-oriented computer store [for example I've used Altex in AustinTX], let them fix the problem for you. Once, they've fixed your laptop, make changes in video configurations in Windows OS, after making external media backups of your OS partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376548-acer-aspire-5750-wont-boot-after-changes-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi folks
I've got an Aspire 5750 laptop and am having network problems.
My network is a Workgroup, all machines running flavours of Win7.
FROM the Aspire I can log into the other comps and access the disks on them.
TO the Aspire: in explorer on another machine I can see the symbol and name (ACER-I5) of the Aspire but cannot connect to it.
Network diagnostics states:
------------------------------------
Problems found
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the
device or recsource (ACER-I5) is not responding.
------------------------------------
Any suggestion as to what to look for to solve this would be most welcome as I am somewhat of a network novice.
Regards
Bob

A:Problems with Acer Aspire 5750 network connection

Try removing the Microsoft Virtual Mini Wi-fi Adapter.

As far as I'm aware, it's something Microsoft has introduced for connecting to a wireless hotspot so if you've no need for it just delete it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217626-problems-acer-aspire-5750-network-connection.html
Relevancy 87.72%

My personal laptop has shut down several times after the power button was pressed. In some cases it powers and and boots up to the windows screen or sometimes halfway to the windows screen and shuts down.

I checked with a similar model laptop and confirmed ram, hd, battery, power pack are all working good.

I stripped laptop and cleaned cooling fan, inside cover and heat sink. I even removed the dvd drive and cpu.

After putting back every thing and retested my the fault still persists.

I am suspecting I may have a faulty mb may be caused by a short somewhere.

I really need assistance here to work around this fault to get the machine working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-shutting-down-after-few-seconds-after-power.1163327/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am unable to use the scroll on my pad, this is really annoying as i have to use the slide bar at the side of each window.
Can anyone please help, i'm a bit of a novice with computers too.

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Scroll probem with smartpad

Nearly 300 views and no ideas from anyone? Do i need some more info in here or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219806-acer-aspire-5750-scroll-probem-smartpad.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I know nothing about problem name: BlueScreen Acer - 5750 [SOLVED] Aspire event the actual software or hardware of my laptop [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen I just know how to go to different sites Lately my laptop keeps randomly cutting to a blue screen with white text usually occurs without warning but the laptop will restart itself and everything will return to running normally until the next appearance of the blue screen The laptop is just over years old and came installed with Windows OS - Windows x -bit or x I'm don't know what that means The online specs say that it was a -bit What was original installed OS on system I think it was I'm so sorry I was given to laptop as a gift Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer It was pre-installed Age of system hardware - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No CPU - What does this mean Video Card - What does this mean MotherBoard - What does this mean Power Supply - -cell Lithium-ion battery System Manufacturer - Acer Inc Exact model number - Aspire - G Mnkk S N LXR B SNID I don't know what the last two were but I included them in case they were helpful

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen

Hi,

All of the attached DMP files are of the IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE (4a) bugcheck.

This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.

This is most likely being caused by a problematic and or buggy device driver, so let's go ahead and enable Driver Verifier to get further information:

Driver Verifier:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.
If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・ Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.

My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?

They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump

Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-5750-problem-event-name-bluescreen-720201.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have an Acer Aspire Recently wireless connection has been spotty on my computer Phone and other laptops in household work normal using our Wifi On my Acer there is the F button that you re supposed to turn Acer / Aspire wireless Can't 5750 adapter network on press with the Function button to enable disable wireless Unfortunately that Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750 key and other keys on one side of the laptop are broken So I use a wireless keyboard that doesn t have that F wireless button Problem is I can t turn quot on quot the wireless function on my computer There is no small switch on the external body of the laptop Every time I tried to connect to my Wifi I get a notice that it couldn t connect and to reset my network adapter The network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced N is enabled when I check the Device Manager Says it s working normal Without pressing the F button function I can t find get to that screen to enable the Wifi Any help would be awesome Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I m hoping for a bit of help and advice on this issue before I go taking anything apart or delving into the insides of my laptop or taking it to a repair shop When I turn the laptop on I get the Acer screen and then the top left quarter of the screen goes black and the whole thing freezes see the attachment However when I plug the laptop into my TV screen via HDMI it s absolutely freezing) Acer freezing Aspire (and screen 5750 not fine and starts up no problem Even when I take the cable out once it has started up it works Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) fine on just the laptop screen but it s something about the start-up that makes it freeze I also shut it down unplugged the HDMI and started it up again on just the laptop and it worked fine again so really confused about what is going on Has Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) anyone come across something like this before I ve attached my computer specs below too Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-screen-freezing-and-not-freezing.1168938/
Relevancy 74.39%
Relevancy 74.39%
A:Hi. Can i change my processor in my Acer Aspire v5...

I would assume if you could crack the laptop open and find a processor that has the same socket type that you could do it. You'd have to reapply thermal paste and reset the cooler though. Bit of an undertaking but if you're handy with technology and can take your time it shouldn't be too tough.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Hi-Can-i-change-my-processor-in-my-Acer-Aspire-v5-573g/td-p/438932
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello

I have and Acer Apsire 5742Z notebook that I want to upgrade its processor from a P6200 to something faster or has hyperthreading but I'm not sure what is compatible or where to get it from... your help will be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 73.53%

I'm not sure this is the correct board but anyway, I've had an Acer Aspire V5-122P laptop for a while now and the processor is rather slow and I want to upgrade it. It has an AMD A4-1250 dual core processor, suggestions for better compatible processors? Something over 2GHz preferably. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 73.53%

I have an Acer Aspire T180.  The machine came with an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4 Ghz processor.  I am thinking about upgrading the processor to an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 6000+ 3Ghz processor.  I have done some research on the motherboard and it is an ECS MCP61PM-AM motherboard. Looked @ the motherboard on the following sitehttp://www.ascendtech.us/ecs-mcp61pm-am-dual-core-am2-motherboard_i_mb64ecsmcp61pma.aspx In the CPU section it states that the Dual Core processor is supported, but what I am wondering is if I have to upgrade the BIOS as well or will it run fine with the current BIOS on the motherboard.  If I need to update the BIOS, where can I find it.

A:Can I upgrade my Acer Aspire T180 processor

Hi donkeyd The Athlon 64 3800+ processor is a Socket 939 CPU, whereas the Athlon 64x2 6000+ is the newer AM2, so unfortunately are not compatible. You will need to look for a dual core CPU that will fit a Socket 939. Hope this helps!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Can-I-upgrade-my-Acer-Aspire-T180-processor/td-p/195379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 73.53%

I upgraded to windows 10 home in my Acer Aspire X3300 sucessfully but in the device manager an exclamation mark next to the Coprocessor that it needs driver it is under the other devices,I searched the internet but no luck in finding this driver,how can I find this suitable driver?Have also tried Acer autoupdater but no luck.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-x3300-co-processor-driver/td-p/419660/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi there I replaced the processor on my aser aspire with a like processor now the desktop won't power up.the power supply is working.the fans kick on for a second and when I press the power button nothing happens other than the hard drive indicated light lights up but when I release the button the light goes out.I checked to make sure the processor is seated.I also checked the pins on the processor and pins are straight. I cleaned the dust off the fans and heat sink.I accidentally dropped the fan with heatsink and now it won't start so I replaced with a different fan with HSINK and it still won't start.I'm going to replace the fan with an original asap.I'm wondering if the pc won't start cuz the fan HSINK is not the same?is this possible? That's all the details I have for now.please help!!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-replaced-the-processor-on-acer-aspire-m3201-and-now-it-won-t/td-p/447933
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing an Acer Aspire 3680-2682 laptop with an intel celeron M 440 from a friend (for less than $300,) the same laptop featured in this add http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer...psm/oid/185211/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do#tabs
He has had no problems with it, but decided to buy a better, gaming oriented laptop. I don't really mind for gaming or plan to run programs with high demand of speed power, but I wanted to know what processors are compatible in case I wanted an upgrade to a faster CPU (if it's even possible, since I know some CPUs come soldered to the main board) or if it's even worth it to go all the way for an upgrade.

A:Acer Aspire 3680-2682 processor compatibility

Never plan on upgrading the CPU in a laptop, even if it is socketed, there is often BIOS limitations and there is always heat dissipation issues.

Laptops are designed to be able to "just cope" with the heat generated by the CPU that they ship with. A faster one, if possible to fit, generates more heat. That would "speed step" the processor back to save it from destruction, resulting in probably no improvement.

Apart from HDD and RAM, laptops are not upgradeable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3680-2682-processor-compatibility.613889/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi There, After I wake my Notebook from sleep mode, the backspace speed settings are really slow but the settings in the keyboard settings are the same - fast. This only seems to happen after waking from sleep mode. If I restart it or power up after shut down it's not an issue. Any ideas as to what the issue is?? Thanks! 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Keyboard-Speed-Settings-Changing-Acer-Aspire-ES1-521/td-p/440567/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

My HD failed ordered new one... need to get a Win 7 home os download.  I have the product code that came with the laptop, jsut need to get the right software.  Help\!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-5750-os/td-p/435219/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

My HD failed ordered new one... need to get a Win 7 home os download.  I have the product code that came with the laptop, jsut need to get the right software.  Help\!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-5750-os/td-p/435219/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

HelloI have very wired issue  my laptop freeze randomly .I just browse in the net or write something etc and the laptop freeze.Do you have any idea from where to start or how to fix that issue.I am on winodws 10 64bit

A:Aspire 5750 window 10 issue

Is this temporarily or do you have to reboot ? If you get the spinning circle and it comes back after a while that is different from a solid freeze. Are you using McAfee ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-window-10-issue/td-p/419008/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

I thought the problem was with the screen as when I attached external monitor the monitor showed windows etc all normally. I changed the screen and then replaced battery and restarted but it still boots up in the main colour of red, have tried re-calibration of colour but this does not correct this issue. Laptop has Intel I5 processor and 8gb of ram and cpu is running cool. Can anyone provide me an answer to this frustrating problem which I thought was the VGA but maybe it could be with the LED cabling which is my next focus!! Open to any solutions from the community , thanks in advance!! Geoff

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there I have an Aspire This has been a great laptop for me but over the past few weeks the power adapter connection has been really sketchy The issue seems to be at the connection where it plugs into the computer itself The power cord seems to come disconnected somehow frequently If I unplug it from the laptop and then put the plug back in again this fixes it for a few seconds but then the power button light starts flashing and it's disconnected again nbsp I was hoping it was an issue with the adapter itself so I bought a replacement one but it isn't any better than the one that came with the power supply Aspire 5750 laptop Is this a common issue I assume it's a problem with the connection inside the laptop where you put the plug in but I'm off warranty and have no idea what to do to fix it Do I need a new laptop While I'm fairly decent with most software programs hardware for me is a totally different Aspire 5750 power supply ballgame Any help would be appreciated nbsp Thanks

A:Aspire 5750 power supply

The power socket is soldered to the power board  and repeated pulling and pushing it can sometimes pull loose or crack a solder connection. You will need to disassemble the laptop to resolder/replace the power board. New board http://www.cdsparts.com/p-3374-new-acer-aspire-5350-5750-5750g-5750z-series-power-board-cable.aspx?C... Disassemble https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maoRU9NhyJo

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750-power-supply/td-p/390145
Relevancy 66.22%

I thought the problem was with the screen as when I attached external monitor the monitor showed windows etc all normally. I changed the screen and then replaced battery and restarted but it still boots up in the main colour of red, have tried re-calibration of colour but this does not correct this issue. Laptop has Intel I5 processor and 8gb of ram and cpu is running cool. Can anyone provide me an answer to this frustrating problem which I thought was the VGA but maybe it could be with the LED cabling which is my next focus!! Open to any solutions from the community , thanks in advance!! Geoff

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 65.79%

Anyone had any success getting this model to run under Windows 10? Mine just randomly locks up completely, requiring a complete power down and restart.

A:Aspire 5750-9292 Randomly Locks Up

Acer doesn't support this laptop for Windows 10 and has no drivers for it. Check Device Manager for problem drivers and try to find Win 10 versions. Install them one by one until you find one that works or roll back Win 10 to your previous build of Windows. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-9292-Randomly-Locks-Up/td-p/391361/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a problem which suddenly appeared, after years of use with no problem.  It is just this one device, Aspire laptop, that has the problem (we have 2 smartphones, 2 desktops, 2 laptops and a tablet).  So nothing wrong with network, router etc.  It's a problem for this one computer only. 1) laptop will initially connect to network, automatically as one would expect.2) after several minutes of use it will state that there is no longer an internet connection (at that moment other devices connected no problem and router signals all look good).3) closing browser and re-opening does no good.4) doing a restart of the computer ALWAYS fixes the problem, it comes back up with WiFi connection, but it will lose the signal again, same way in another several minutes. Should I purchase and replace the WiFi card myself?  I have replaced boards in computers several times over the years and understand the precautions.

A:Aspire 5750-6677 won't hold Wi-Fi connection

Hi uphiller Yes, if you're capable of it, then replacing it will be OK. It certainly sounds like yours has an intermittent fault! However, you could use a wireless USB dongle like this:A cheaper & easier way of doing it!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-5750-6677-won-t-hold-Wi-Fi-connection/td-p/404357
Relevancy 65.79%

I plan on a win 10 upgrade.  any problems with drivers, especially for the synaptics touchpad?

A:windows 10 driver for touchpad, aspire 5750

Well, one windows 7 driver asks works properly or you have not tested Used Google translator

Se eu fosse útil, um Kudos é apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como Solução se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/windows-10-driver-for-touchpad-aspire-5750/td-p/444586/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

I have been  seeing lots of event id 11 cdrom errors in my event log for the last few weeks, is my drive failing?Computer is running Windows 7 and according to system information there are no problem devices.If I put a disc in it, you can see it light up but thats all, nothing else happens, no other message is shownI've tried reinstalling it but still no joy, any other suggestions I could try especially as it hasnt been used that often,Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750-multi-drive-error/td-p/449560
Relevancy 65.79%

Anyone had any success getting this model to run under Windows 10? Mine just randomly locks up completely, requiring a complete power down and restart.

A:Aspire 5750-9292 Randomly Locks Up

Acer doesn't support this laptop for Windows 10 and has no drivers for it. Check Device Manager for problem drivers and try to find Win 10 versions. Install them one by one until you find one that works or roll back Win 10 to your previous build of Windows. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-9292-Randomly-Locks-Up/td-p/391361
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a problem which suddenly appeared, after years of use with no problem.  It is just this one device, Aspire laptop, that has the problem (we have 2 smartphones, 2 desktops, 2 laptops and a tablet).  So nothing wrong with network, router etc.  It's a problem for this one computer only. 1) laptop will initially connect to network, automatically as one would expect.2) after several minutes of use it will state that there is no longer an internet connection (at that moment other devices connected no problem and router signals all look good).3) closing browser and re-opening does no good.4) doing a restart of the computer ALWAYS fixes the problem, it comes back up with WiFi connection, but it will lose the signal again, same way in another several minutes. Should I purchase and replace the WiFi card myself?  I have replaced boards in computers several times over the years and understand the precautions.

A:Aspire 5750-6677 won't hold Wi-Fi connection

Hi uphiller Yes, if you're capable of it, then replacing it will be OK. It certainly sounds like yours has an intermittent fault! However, you could use a wireless USB dongle like this:A cheaper & easier way of doing it!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-5750-6677-won-t-hold-Wi-Fi-connection/td-p/404357/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

I plan on a win 10 upgrade.  any problems with drivers, especially for the synaptics touchpad?

A:windows 10 driver for touchpad, aspire 5750

Well, one windows 7 driver asks works properly or you have not tested Used Google translator

Se eu fosse útil, um Kudos é apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como Solução se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor.Acer Aspire 5733 - 6668 Core I3 4GB 1066 2X2,HD 500 , Windows 10 Pro Insider 19393.5

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/windows-10-driver-for-touchpad-aspire-5750/td-p/444586
Relevancy 64.93%

I've noticed over the last few weeks that my laptop is running slower than usual. It's 7 months old. I'm not to sure exactly what is causing this i'm not very computer savey and could use some help please. I've ran anti virus checks and they've come up clear. All help is greatly appreciated. The laptop specifications are

Brand: Acer
Model: Aspire 5750
Itel core i7 2ghz
4gb ram DDR3

Thanks again

A:Aer Aspire 5750 Windows 7 64bit running slow

Generally windows gets slow with age. Have you installed many program's, are there many icons near the system clock? A lot of program's have services set to run at startup even though its really not need. If there are a lot this can use up ram, slowing the system.

Although with your spec, that would take some doing. Always try and use at least two virus scanners. Download malwarebytes (free) and give a scan with that. If your system uses a traditional hard drive ( not SSD) make sure it has been defragmented.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/300158-aer-aspire-5750-windows-7-64bit-running-slow.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello all I've had this problem on and off for almost a year My Acer laptop will randomly drop the connection to my router modem Often I will be wireless) dropping (Broadcom Acer 5750 browsing on Firefox or another browser when suddenly the page requested will crawl along and a quot page cannot be displayed quot will occur Often if I wait a few minutes shut down the browser or laptop reboot and it's good to go again The odd part is Windows will not always show a bad connection on the wireless icon on the toolbar Sometimes there will be the yellow connection issue but often the connection shows as working fine I have tried many times with a clean install of Windows Home bit clean and up to date drivers from Acer I updated the BIOS a few days ago but the problem remains Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping It is not a major problem but it occurs at least a few times a day I also tried putting linux on the hard drive for a few days no dropped connections but then again it was not tested very much The driver used is Broadcom The actually modem router setup seems to be fine as I never get dropped connections on my Android tablet and devices The wife never complains of problems on her Samsung laptop Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping which is running Windows Stater her Android tablets are good too I am Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping not entirely convinced running Linux resolved the issue as I never fully tested it Possible network adapter dying Would love some suggestions thank you

A:Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping

This type of wireless disconnect problem can be caused by a million different things but the most likely problem is the power saving feature being turned on.

You can turn this off by going into Device Manger and opening up Network Adaptors, right click the wireless adaptor you are using then click on Properties, you will have the option to turn off power saving in the power management tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/320843-acer-5750-broadcom-wireless-dropping.html
Relevancy 64.5%

First hello all, now i bought a computer Acer aspire 5750. There isn?t one driver and I on?t know wich driver to install? Can somebody send my a link with right driver please?

A:acer 5750 nvidia driver problem.

If it really nvidia NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Automatically Detect NVIDIA Products

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/248226-acer-5750-nvidia-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Sorry I am no expert at computing but I ll do my best If I am wrong at anything please correct me I have a Acer Aspire laptop Launch (Acer Manager Dritek 5750) running Windows OS Lately Dritek Launch Manager (Acer 5750) I have noticed that when I use the Fn keys on my PC it performs a function but it doesn t show any icon on the screen and more importantly doesn t show the Launch Manager when I press Fn F not enabling me to turn my bluetooth on or off Also sometimes the drivers for most of my network adapters according to Device Manager Dritek Launch Manager (Acer 5750) I have a code error This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code Once I couldn t connect to the wifi but when I reset my Launch Manager driver using Acer eRecovery Management The wifi could connect Now I can connect to the wifi but I would very much like to use launch manager to turn my bluetooth off Any help would be much appreciated and please keep it simple for noobs like me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dritek-launch-manager-acer-5750.1074808/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have an Acer Aspire 5750 laptop that I recently updated to windows 10. Since then I have had two independent intermittent problems that happens multiple times a day. The first one is I loose the batter icon and have found the only way to restore it is to re scan for new hardware in the device manager. I have to do this every time it happens multiple times a day. The other is for some reason my wifi drops out. For some reason it is still on and can see my wireless network but won?t connect to it unless I restart the entire laptop. This is really making me hate windows 10. Any help would be great ThanksT

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Apire-5750-windows-10-wifi-and-battery-issues/td-p/448583
Relevancy 60.63%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 56.76%

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

A:Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

A:Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 56.76%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 55.9%

To start off, this laptop has been horrible since the day I got it. I can't even believe how slow it is; it lags doing even the simplest tasks.That aside; I was prompted to update an AMD Catalyst Radeon (something like that) software, so I did. The screen went black and nothing happened for almost 10 hours.I eventually decided to turn off the power. Now that I turn it back on it's just stuck on "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.It has been like this for days now. I've tried turning it on and off again several times. It's just stuck at that screen.What do I do? How do I fix this? I need this computer for school.

A:Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-520-3441 stuck at "Acer expl...

Boot pressing F2 to enter BIOS, check if your HDD/SSD is listed on BIOS informations page. if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery? Which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-15-ES1-520-3441-stuck-at-quot-Acer-explore-beyond/td-p/428427/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button P3) (included ... Acer Aspire Acer Keyboard Case with an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and then the device no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... seem to be the only one with this issue so far possibly due to the newness of Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663
Relevancy 55.9%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and Case Aspire (included with Keyboard Acer Acer ... P3) then the device Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i seem to be the only one with this issue so far Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... possibly due to the newness of nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

Is this normal for a 6 month old machine..? I can't update windows 10. The message says that there's not enough room to update windows 10, so I buy a 32 gig card....still it says theres not enough space,,,so I try a 32gig usb stick....still no joy.....So I take it back to PC World where I'm treated like a child and told that they won't take it back...they'll just send it back to Acer to have windows 8 put on ...??!  and did I realise it was a cloudbook and NOT a laptop...!! Left the shop with steam coming out of my ears...so, my question is this....Has anyone out there succeeded in updating their windows 10 cloudbook Because that despite having owned and worked with computers for over 30 years I cannot solve this problem....(Nor have I experienced such poor ill informed salespeople as I have in PC World....but that's another story...

A:^ month old acer ao1 431 C2Q8 ACER ASPIRE ONE CLOU...

you need an USB flash drive or external HDD with at least 16Gb and it must be NTFS formatted.http://www.thewindowsclub.com/upgrade-devices-less-free-space-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/month-old-acer-ao1-431-C2Q8-ACER-ASPIRE-ONE-CLOUDBOOK-14-can-t/td-p/460976
Relevancy 55.9%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello im user of Acer Aspire ES - I have been using it Bluelight Acer Aspire ES1-331 Acer - Shield doesnt... from February with Windows For a long time Acer Quick Access and Acer Bluelight Shield were working properly but some days ago something happened and option of sharing WiFi disappeared it was under Rozruch do pulpitu from AQA and it became impossible to turn Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... on ABS Earlier when i turned it on or off it happened immediately Now some dots are going around for a few seconds and i get that nbsp http imgur com a EpfjtIt means You cant control that device the same happens when i change intensity of ABS - nothing changes however it can write that it changed On the screen high level is turned on but Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... you see that it is a lie I am using it on Admin accoutn of course I reinstalled Acer Quick Access but nothing changed and i cant use Acer Bluelight Shield nbsp Rest of options of Acer Quick Acces works Wifi and Bluetooth Thanks for reading

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-331-Acer-Bluelight-Shield-doesnt-work/td-p/446697
Relevancy 55.47%

I replaced a crashed hard drive and install Windows TravelMate shuts a solution Any 6493 for that down... Pro Laptop works fine until I shut it down If I use Windows-Shutdown button it will shutdown but - seconds later it will restart If I Any solution for a TravelMate 6493 that shuts down... press and hold the Power button it will shutdown but continue to Any solution for a TravelMate 6493 that shuts down... attempt to restart until I remove the power cord then it will remain off When I plug the power cord back in it again attempts to restart continuously until I pull the power cord and the battery it will then shutdown When I replace the battery and the power cord I can start it up normally but again a normal shutdown and it will restart In Power Option under the Balanced Plan the Power button action is Shutdown for both On Battery and Plugged in I did find out with Powercfg that it is set to wakeup on device name HDA CX Soft Modem but could not disable it using device name HDA CXii Soft Modem

A:Any solution for a TravelMate 6493 that shuts down...

When you start your system I would Press the F2 and enter your Bios. Then in there it should have an area that talks about Wake on Lan and wake on... If you change them to disable you should be ok. I think there is a Missing update and will put you into a Boot cycle after shut down until the update gets installed. It is a MS issue because it seems to be happening more and more after new installs. at times said don't happen right away but after some updates. Some say happens right away so could be just the need of an update. Until then turning them off in Bios should make it work without trying to power back on until you want it on... James

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Any-solution-for-a-TravelMate-6493-that-shuts-down-with-the/td-p/409825
Relevancy 55.47%

I replaced a crashed hard drive and install Windows Pro Laptop works fine until I shut it down If I use Windows-Shutdown button it will shutdown but - seconds later it will restart If I press and hold the Power button it will shutdown but continue to attempt to restart until I remove the power cord then it will remain off When I plug the power cord back in it again attempts to restart continuously until I pull the power cord and the battery it will then shutdown When I replace TravelMate shuts for solution that Any down... a 6493 the battery and the power cord I can start it up normally but again a normal shutdown and it will restart In Any solution for a TravelMate 6493 that shuts down... Power Option under the Balanced Plan the Power button action is Shutdown for both On Battery and Plugged in I did find out with Powercfg that it is set to wakeup on device name HDA CX Soft Modem but could not disable it using device name HDA CXii Soft Modem

A:Any solution for a TravelMate 6493 that shuts down...

When you start your system I would Press the F2 and enter your Bios. Then in there it should have an area that talks about Wake on Lan and wake on... If you change them to disable you should be ok. I think there is a Missing update and will put you into a Boot cycle after shut down until the update gets installed. It is a MS issue because it seems to be happening more and more after new installs. at times said don't happen right away but after some updates. Some say happens right away so could be just the need of an update. Until then turning them off in Bios should make it work without trying to power back on until you want it on... James

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Any-solution-for-a-TravelMate-6493-that-shuts-down-with-the/td-p/409825/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which nbsp it fails each time The only thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to Acer E5-571 Acer Aspire Center Care download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

I finally found a soluation after months of wondering why this is happening. It's my Virgin Media connection, the modem/router as when I connected to my phones wifi, teethering, Acer Care Center instantly updated so something within Virgin Medias network is blocking connectivity. I did try the Virgin Media's router as cause by diabling firewall etc. but with no joy I gave up but didn't try another connection until just now with tethering where as stated problem is sorted. I will report this to Virgin Media and post back anything relevant to this.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848
Relevancy 55.04%

I wasted a lot of ink on this problem by printing out a lot of information on it But I found out that this is an easy fix So I guess the wasted ink was not wasted after all on one of these printouts was the solution nbsp In the bio settings there is an option to change the default SATA Mode of the Boot Drive The default is AHCI Mode Advanced Host Controller Interface nbsp This needs 5517, to Had I Hi, Acer Replac... Have an Acer Aspire to be set to IDE Mode using F key to change it over As soon as I did this operation it let Windows Install and Format the drive with the correct size of the drive partition After setting the mode do not forget to Save and Exit nbsp I'm going to add this just because ACER was no help on this problem and does not even have the driver's for my Acer Model on there web site NOT GOOD ACER nbsp I hope this helps a lot of people that have had this Hi, I Have an Acer Aspire Acer 5517, Had to Replac... problem nbsp Later Fred

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-I-Have-an-Acer-Aspire-Acer-5517-Had-to-Replace-HD-Got-Error/td-p/438360/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired Acer Care Aspire Center E5-571 Acer and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center nbsp it fails each time The only Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

Are you trying to download and install Acer Care Center because you lost the recovery partitions?If they are gone, nothing you can download will put them back.You will need to go to the Acer store, click ERECOVERY and purchase restore media. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

A:Acer erecovery management (v7.7.3) acer aspire 574...

It's now four and a half hours since i started the restore operating system and retain user data and the screen is exactly the same. is there anyone who can tell me if this is normal? Please?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504
Relevancy 55.04%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814
Relevancy 55.04%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.75%

ok, so i bought a new mobo a while back with the 5750. So, i was planning on getting another 5750. However, i just recently found out that when i crossfire both of the cards will run at 8x.
so, is one 5750 running at 16x the same as 5750 running at 8x, and how much of a difference would there be?

A:5750 at 16x, same thing as 2 5750 at 8x?

Theoretically the dual cards will perform better. The limited bandwidth doesn't hit the performance too hard. The real problem is that Crossfire and SLi still aren't taking full advantage of both cards (the games do not support it well, scaling is what it is.. Sometimes up to 80-90% benefit, sometimes pretty much no benefit at all from the second card)
Pretty bad situation for you, 5750 CF isn't really worth it in many purposes, 5850 costs too much and 5770 isn't significantly better than 5750)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5750-at-16x-same-thing-as-2-5750-at-8x.894978/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a new Notebook Acer Aspire E 15. When I wanted to download its manual from the Acer website (http://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/drivers) there was no such Notebook listed, respectively I could not found one. I filled in the series number of my Notebook and the name, make shown was Aspire E5-573.

What does that mean? What is the sense of it using completely different names for the same Notebook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-acer-aspire-e-15-is-the-same-as-aspire-e5-573.1165447/
Relevancy 52.03%

I currently have a P-II 266mhz processor. I recieved a P-III 500 mhz processor from a buddy. Can I use this on my Existing board with out frying my computer?

[Edited by kasjr2 on 03-28-2001 at 04:48 PM]

Relevancy 52.03%

i want to update my processor go from a dual core to a quad core is that possible?

Relevancy 52.03%

hey everyone, im changing my processor but i need a bit of help!

currently my processor is a:-

socket 478
CPU Speed : 2.66GHz
Bus Speed: 533MHz
L2 cache speed: 512kb

this is what i am planning to change to:

socket 478 (obviously )
cpu speed: 3.20GHz
Bus Speed: 800Mhz
L2 cache speed 1MB

however, this is what i am worried about.. ive read that To obtain the FSB of your Processor, a compatible motherboard that can support the Bus speed must be used and this is what it says in my mainboard manual:-

"supports socket 478 for P4/celeron processors with 400/533MHz"
AND
"Core Frequency from 1.8GHZ to 2.8GHz and up"

for quote number 1.. does it mean i wont be able to get a bus speed of 800MHz as my motherboard can only support up to 533MHz ?
for quote number 2.. will i be able to get 3.2GHz from this new processor?

thanks in advance!

Relevancy 52.03%

Greetings folks,

I'm looking to change my processor from an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ to an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ (Socket 939). I don't intend to change from the current cooling arrangement, but am not sure about the thermal compound. When changing the processor, will I need to get and apply new thermal compound?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi i want to change my 1.5 processor to my 3.4ghz pentium 4 processor.How can i do it is it as simple as just taking one out and putting the other one in place.Can anyone please explain what the processors look like so i can swap them and where they are located and how to move them.Also ive got an audigy sound card and what to put it into another computer so i dont have any disks or anything to install so how do i do it.And how do i put a dvd rw drive in to replace the old cd rw please explain all of the above thanks for your help.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi. I have problems with my printing jobs. My topic is
http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...tml#post596850
I'm thinking about to change the print processor who actually is HPPRN05 and put in a WinPrint. Do I have to save any system information before? is there any danger to change the printer processor of a TCP/IP network printer connected with another one to the same HPJetDirect?. Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/139846-changing-print-processor.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi. I have problems with my printing jobs. My topic is
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/677221-problems-network-printers.html#post5555673
I'm thinking about to change the print processor who actually is HPPRN05 and put in a WinPrint. Do I have to save any system information before? is there any danger to change the printer processor of a TCP/IP network printer connected with another one to the same HPJetDirect?. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-print-processor.694164/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello

As the title says, I wanna change my motherboard processor, and insert an SSD aswell while keeping the old harddrive.

Was wondering if I need to perfom a new reinstall on windows or if I can just transfer windows itself to the SSD and then just keep going. I was also wondering if my windows install will messup if I insert my new motherboard due to new BIOS.

Thanks

A:Changing motherboard and processor

Its always a good idea to fresh install when changing motherboards. A fresh install will minimize any issues that could arise from different hardware configurations. I've also heard that Windows setup detects an SSD and optimizes Windows for use with the SSD.

You should also keep in mind, an OEM license for Windows is not be transferable to a new motherboard. The motherboard is the one component that constitutes a new machine. OEM installs are bound to the motherboard they are activated on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard-and-processor.186545/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello the unknowing one again I am still upgrading bit by bit my older PC The mobo is a Gigabyte IXE about or so years old I added in a new video card and now I m looking at the processor Gigabyte says the max processor is either an AMD Athlon G FSB or an AMD Duron G FSB http www giga-byte com Motherboard Support CPUSupportList CPUSupportList GA- IXE htm I know that Athlons are supposed to be better performing that the Durons However the only Athlon G I found was on pricewatch and was Local stores have the G Duron but dont carry the Athlon anyways probably gonna go with the G Duron My question is how difficult is it to change a processor I chip Changing a processor was told that its Changing a processor chip as simple as pop old chip out put new chip in but I m always very weary when someone says its simple Any input guides you can recommend Thanks again nbsp

A:Changing a processor chip

I would check ww.Ebay.com for that processor, use this link Ebay 1.4Ghz Athlons . I got an Athlon 1.4Ghz 266Mhz FSB for $42 there about 6 months ago. You would have to be really lucky to find that processor online anywhere else for under $100. Installing a processor is very easy but you have to be careful with the pins on it and when you reinstall the heatsink on it. It literaly is Plug-n-Play. Make sure you use some kind of thermal paste like Artic Silver on top of the processor between it and the heatsink.

P.S. Dont get the Duron, even though its 1.3Ghz your 900Mhz Athlon still outperforms it in most things like games.:grinthumb Also, if a 266Mhz FSB one is cheaper to get you should be able to use that but it will just run at 200Mhz FSB on your motherboard, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-a-processor-chip.7704/
Relevancy 51.6%

Help please.. I would like to change my old Pentium 1 to a pentium 2 chip is this just a straight swap over job or do I have to mess around with the bios?????

A:changing my processor chip?????

You also have to replace the motherboard! The P1 and P2 are totally different chips, and they are not pin compatible. The P2 was usually a slot mounted affair, at least the ones I've used are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-my-processor-chip.134133/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have noticed that my processor, which is a 850 Mhz has been detected lately as a 700 Mhz. Why is this?

Is this the new value? What can I do?? Please help!!

(Info obtained by clicking on Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information.)

I use MS Windows 2000.

Help!! Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I'd like to upgrade my Aspire 5750z. I'd like to take my processor from an Intel Pentinium dual core running @ 2.00GHz to an Intel i-series quad-core processor (I need a quad for running virtual machines). For the RAM, I'd like to go from two 2gb 2rx8 pc3-10600s-9-10-f2.1333 (together = 4gb) to the maximum suported by my hardware after the processor upgrade (something like 8-16gb). Also, I currently have a Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD3200BPVT 320GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 2.5" HDD with Windows 10 on it, and I'd like to either raplace with SSD or add SSD for seccond hard drive via the dvd drive with an adapter. Basically, I know where I need to go (as far as how much I need of something), but I'm not sure what I need to be compatible with my existing hardware. Any advice would be great!

A:Aspire 5750z-4877 processor, RAM, and HDD to SSD u...

Hey there Alex  I'd contact Acer's support to check if the laptop supports 4-core CPUs at all and, if yes, which of them are compatible with your laptop. I'd also ask for the memory limit and what would be the best choice for the best performance. Regarding the storage, it would really depend on what you are doing. A pure SSD would give you great improvements over the responsiveness of the whole system, decrease all loading times of the applications installed on it and give you faster access and transfer times. If you decide to go for a SSD I would recommend to consider two things:- to have it as your primary drive that would hold the OS and the most demanding applications and use the HDD (if you are going for a dual-drive setup) as a secondary massive storage. You can either do a fresh install of the OS (I would recommend that) or clone your HDD onto the SSD (I wouldn't recommend that as it can be quite risky for your data). - to check the interface of the optical drive's as most of the times a SATAI port is used and if you connect a SSD there it would be seriously limited to 150MB/s. Even if it's a SATAII it would be limited to 300MB/s rather than running at its full potential (if your laptop has SATAIII ports which have the limit of 600MB/s). Post back with some more info on what you are using the laptop for (besides the VMs).  Captain_WD.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750z-4877-processor-RAM-and-HDD-to-SSD-upgrades/td-p/438777
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I'd like to upgrade my Aspire 5750z. I'd like to take my processor from an Intel Pentinium dual core running @ 2.00GHz to an Intel i-series quad-core processor (I need a quad for running virtual machines). For the RAM, I'd like to go from two 2gb 2rx8 pc3-10600s-9-10-f2.1333 (together = 4gb) to the maximum suported by my hardware after the processor upgrade (something like 8-16gb). Also, I currently have a Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD3200BPVT 320GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 2.5" HDD with Windows 10 on it, and I'd like to either raplace with SSD or add SSD for seccond hard drive via the dvd drive with an adapter. Basically, I know where I need to go (as far as how much I need of something), but I'm not sure what I need to be compatible with my existing hardware. Any advice would be great!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750z-4877-processor-RAM-and-HDD-to-SSD-upgrades/td-p/438777/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.74%

So my computer died and I deemed it better to get a replacement motherboard, got me thinking why not upgrade all of can, found a stronger heat sink and more ram and a usb 3.0 audio daughter board ect. But the processor needs to be recognized by the bios and I don't know which ones are except the original 2430m I have in it, any chart or anything to help me out?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire 4752 processor upgrade

This motherboard is common to these models:Aspire 4752 and 4755.1. The original processors of Aspire 4752:Spoiler (Highlight to read)KC.23101.DMPCPU.I3-2310M.2.1G/35W/2/4KC.23301.DMPCPU.I3-2330M.2.2G/35W/2/4KC.23501.DMPCPU.I3-2350M.2.3G/35W/3M/1333KC.23701.DMPCPU I3-2370M/2.4G/35WKC.24301.DMPCPU.I5-2430M.2.4G.35W/2/4KC.24501.DMPCPU.I5-2450M.2.5G.35W/3/1333KC.23101.DMPCPU.I3-2310M.2.1G/35W/2/4KC.23301.DMPCPU.I3-2330M.2.2G/35W/2/4KC.23501.DMPCPU.I3-2350M.2.3G/35W/3M/1333KC.23701.DMPCPU I3-2370M/2.4G/35WKC.24301.DMPCPU.I5-2430M.2.4G.35W/2/4KC.24501.DMPCPU.I5-2450M.2.5G.35W/3/13332. The original processors of Aspire 4755:Spoiler (Highlight to read)KC.23101.DMPCPU.I3-2310M.2.1G/35W/2/4KC.23301.DMPCPU.I3-2330M.2.2G/35W/2/4KC.23501.DMPCPU.I3-2350M.2.3G/35W/3M/1333KC.23701.DMPCPU I3-2370M/2.4G/35WKC.24101.DMPCPU.I5-2410M.2.3G.35W/2/4KC.24301.DMPCPU.I5-2430M.2.4G.35W/2/4KC.24501.DMPCPU.I5-2450M.2.5G.35W/3/1333KC.25201.DMPCPU.I5-2520M.2.5G.35W/2/4KC.25401.DMPCPU.I5-2540M.2.6G.35W/2/4KC.26201.DMPCPU.I7-2620M.2.7G.35W/2/4KC.26301.QMPCPU.I7.2630QM.2.0G/3M/45W.PGAKC.27201.QMPCPU.I7.2720QM.2.2G/3M/45W.PGAKC.23101.DMPCPU.I3-2310M.2.1G/35W/2/4KC.23301.DMPCPU.I3-2330M.2.2G/35W/2/4KC.23501.DMPCPU.I3-2350M.2.3G/35W/3M/1333KC.23701.DMPCPU I3-2370M/2.4G/35WKC.24101.DMPCPU.I5-2410M.2.3G.35W/2/4KC.24301.DMPCPU.I5-2430M.2.4G.35W/2/4KC.24501.DMPCPU.I5-2450M.2.5G.35W/3/1333KC.25201.DMPCPU.I5-2520M.2.5G.35W/2/4KC.25401.DMPCPU.I5-2540M.2.6G.35W/2/4KC.26201.DMPCPU.I7-2620M.2.7G.35W/2/4KC.26301.QMPCPU.I7.2630QM.2.0G/3M/45W.PGAKC.27201.QMPCPU.I7.2720QM.2.2G/3M/45W.PGAApparently the bios versions are identical so...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-4752-processor-upgrade/td-p/422984/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi       I bought the aboved named computer on boxing day 2015.  barely been used as i am always on my phone.  Anyways it is unbelievably slow and thats not even using the internet! if you click on anything on the desktop it will have a 3-5 second delay, it is very painful!!  I have searched many forums but doesn't sound like anyone has had this same problem. was hoping someone would be able to help me out! thanks   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-ES-15-with-AMD-Quad-Core-Processor-very-very-slow/td-p/439527/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys,

I am going to change my motherboard, processor and RAM. However, I will be using the same HDD. Is it necessary to re-install the OS after I have set up the rig? I am using the drivers that come with Windows 8, so driver compatibility ought not to be a problem.
Thanks in advance!

A:Keeping old OS while changing mobo and processor

Short answer--New Motherboard=New License Key if you have an OEM OS version. Sorry

The reason is your license key is embedded in your BIOS, and the BIOS is embedded with the MOBO.

If you paid for a license key separately then you can use the OS with the new MOBO but you should do a clean install because all the drivers will be wrong and it probably won't even boot.

EDIT:
You could try to put the drive as-is into the new machine, boot off the Win8 installation media, and do a repair install. This will search for drivers that match the current hardware
Three notes:
1) Clone the drive first so that, in case of damage, you still have your data.
2) You will probably have to phone Microsoft to re-activate the copy of the OS. They've been decent about it with others.
3) If it works, immediately go to the Microsoft Update site and see what updates are needed for the drivers that you just installed

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/65266-keeping-old-os-while-changing-mobo-processor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I m looking for an ultraportable laptop for mostly simple tasks but I will also need it Solved: a processor Changing laptop out for more taxing software like photoshop and premiere pro I ve found this Asus UL A-X that will fulfill most Solved: Changing out a laptop processor of my requirements gb of ram under lbs long - hrs battery life but it has a meager Ghz processor The current processor in the machine is the su and I would like to replace that with something like the sl for the extra power I am wondering firstly if it would be physically possible to open the laptop and replace the processor because I have never worked on a laptop before Secondly I am wondering how drastic the effect would be on the hours of advertised battery life I would like it to run for at least hours Lastly would the machine be able to handle the extra heat given off In my search for a laptop this Asus with a faster processor is the best match I can come up with to meet my demanding requirements Of course I would ideally like to purchase a laptop without having to replace parts so any suggestions for a completely different laptop would be even more appreciated than an answer to my processor questions If this isn t possible I think I m going to compromise on the weight for the lb macbook pro quot because it otherwise meets my requirements despite my preference for the windows OS I m lost so thanks for any help you can provide nbsp

A:Solved: Changing out a laptop processor

Laptops have limited upgradeability, and the processor is an area that generally shouldn't be upgraded. Laptops will only support a small set of processor upgrades. If you think you can buy a low-end laptop and pop in a high-end processor, you're seriously mistaken. The board won't handle it. The chassis won't handle it. "Opening" a laptop involves removing dozens of tiny screws of all different sizes and removing many small, fragile, pieces of plastic. Most people lose or damage at least one part when disassembling a laptop. And of course doing so completely voids the warranty, so if you break something, you're out the cost to replace or repair it.

Buy a laptop that actually meets your needs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-out-a-laptop-processor.928736/