Windows Support Forum

Can I set the connection of PPPoE to be automatic on Belkin router?

Q: Can I set the connection of PPPoE to be automatic on Belkin router?

Hi guys!

I'm having trouble configuring my router. I want it to auto connect to internet after the modem got disconnected. What I do now is everytime my connection is lost, I have to reboot my router. So is there a way to not reboot my router after it has regain the connection of the cable modem? I'm using a belkin router - N300.

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can I set the connection of PPPoE to be automatic on Belkin router?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can I set the connection of PPPoE to be automatic on Belkin router?

More info needed to answer this question. Who is the ISP? what is the model of the DSL modem?? How is everything hooked up?? Generally speaking, a DSL provider gives/rents a DSL modem/router to the customer. if the connection is getting dropped that frequently there may be an issue on the ISPs end, an issue with DSL filter placement, phone line noise, etc. Post back please. Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-set-the-connection-of-pppoe-to-be-automatic-on-belkin-router.179572/
Relevancy 85.57%

though I have set it as usual username and password, I use PPPOE by the way
I've checked not to ask me again, also for all users, only one on this computer though.
I use windows 8 x64 enterprise.
I put network shortcut in the startup , I tried scheduling a task that runs rasdial or rasphone , no success.
I am always presented with dialog to make the connection manually by pressing connect button, it's weird , it's like the machine forgets every time that I want an automatic , a no dialog connection when I log on.
I tried from internet options checking "always dial my connection X" and this has interesting behaviour if someone wants to browse the internet from firefox still cannot but launching internet explorer does the connection automatically all of a sudden.
what can I do?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19883-no-automatic-connection-pppoe-startup.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I think I'm experiencing a NAT networking problem, as most games I play complain that my NAT is moderate, or sometimes strict. I've researched this and found out it may be a Double NAT problem.

I've also researched two solutions for this: Disable NAT and DCHP on either the modem or router, or set up a PPPoE connection between the two. Can someone tell me which one is the easiest to do and how to do it?

Router: Linksys E3200 w/ Cisco

Modem: Motorola SB5102

Other Info: This IS a broadband connection, and I believe it is a DSL or Cable setup. I also know how to access the router settings, and how to disable NAT and DCHP. However, I do not know how to connect to the modem (I do know the default IP for it) and don't know how to perform a PPPoE connection, as this would be my first time.

A:Setting up a PPPoE connection between router & modem

PPPoE is for DSL connections... Go to the router and modem websites and download the instructions from there. It will explain how to connect and access the router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-pppoe-connection-between-router-modem.188378/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi guys

I've just bought a D-Link Wireless Router and USB network card and, after loads of messing around, I've managed to connect to the Internet, but now it's really quite slow. I moved the USB card to another port which has increased the speed, but it's still not at the levels it should be (although Windows says I'm getting between 15 and 60 Mbps.

I tried altering so many setting just to get the Internet connected that it's quite possible I have changed something I shouldn't have. Or could it just be the speed of the USB, and if so, how can I improve this?

What kind of information do I need to provide to get some help on this?

Thanks in advance.

SOS.

A:Various problems with PPPOE internet connection and D-Link Wireless N Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/various-problems-with-pppoe-internet-connection-and-d-link-wireless-n-router.876881/
Relevancy 71.81%

my wife and son want me to lower the security level on my belkin wireless router so they can play against each other on their nintendo DS's...every thing i have tried will not work..i had to correct a problem with a portable phone jamming my router and wonder if that may have been to thing that kept the change from happening..?.i have a was setting on it now and was thinking that if i can get the stupid thing to change to a wep security that it will work..any ideas on this subjet will be greatly helpful...belkin offered no help..couldnt understand the person on the other end of the line...thanks

Relevancy 70.95%

I posted this on someone else s thread earlier but saw that I was supposed to create my own Sorry my bad I ve been having an issue with a Belkin F D - and my Actiontec DSL Modem from Qwest I can access the router from the computer but the internet connection remains dead Connecting directly to the modem works just fine The connection light on the Belkin blinks orange not the solid green of a Belkin cannot see connection internet Router strong connection The prev thread recommeded returning the unit but I m already on my second one and it just does not want Belkin Router cannot see internet connection to see the internet connection What are the odds that I got two faulty ones in a row Any other suggestions I went through the CD setup no internet Reset it Went through manual including resetting IP Address from to to match the modem s It s so strange because my Linksys network I m replacing went together so easy I just want the added range Help me please I got such a great deal on the Belkin I don t want to give it up nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

I have lost my connection with my belkin router, i have restarted the modem and the router and it did nothing, i also reset the router back to the factory setting and can not access the router webpage. Can anyone help me please

Relevancy 70.95%

Ice Broadband - Belkin Router F5D733-4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly Ice Broadband in Ireland is a wireless Broadband provider that does not require a phoneline.

I cannot connect to the Internet wirelessly - there is no connection at all through the Router the BB is working fine but cannot connect wirelessy only via Ethernet - it willl ping the Ip fine but not the next one as per below
d) Type ping 66.102.9.104. If the ping times out then the problem is between your router and internet connection. If you get a response, move to step e).

Basically I think I have input everything correctly and cannot see any problems but the link stream just says "Link Down"

What do I do or change to rectify this - Im going insane!

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,
I have a Belkin N1 Vision (F5D8232-4) router that seems to drop the WAN (optonline cable modem) connection intermittently.
When it drops this connection all the networked computers also lose connectivity to all other networked resources (i.e. NAS, printers, etc).
The only way to restore this connection is to re-boot the router. For some reason in the security log it shows the re-start date of 12/31/1999.
If anyone has experienced this problem before any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

A:Belkin Router Losing Wan Connection

I haven't experienced that problem, but not infrequently a firmware upgrade will fix the disconnect problem. If there is no upgrade, reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it. Sometimes routers work better after that.

Of course, I am assuming that you do not get these disconnects when running with a computer connected directly to the modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-losing-wan-connection.679397/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Came across a problem today I simply cannot understand Setup With Connection 54g Regarding Router Belkin Please Help Problems a wireless connection between a laptop and a base unit - both using Win XP Home via a Belkin g ADSL Router The base unit was physically connected Help Please Regarding Connection Problems With Belkin 54g Router to the router and the laptop via wireless Both machines were setup via WEP -bit encryption Both machines were able to connect to the internet Both machines Help Please Regarding Connection Problems With Belkin 54g Router were able to share files between each other Wireless laptop was able to print via the network As far as I was concerned job done all OK Until the customer called me later on to tell me that when he takes out the power cable from the laptop he cannot get a wireless connection The machine cannot find any network even Went through some checks over the telephone still couldn t get it connected Put the power cable back into the laptop - after a short while it found the network - connected again Never came across anything like this before What has the network connection got to do with the power cable Maybe it is something very simple - but I have never experineced this problem before So If you can help - i d appreciate it Mac nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

My wireless internet connection to my desktop was working fine until about a week ago, I have a belkin g wireless router and the usb adapter that goes with it. The computer that I am having trouble with is mine that is located in the basement ( I haven't moved any furniture around but I did clean all the junk in the basement) The router is connected to my sisters computer on the main level of the house. I talked to the guys from belkin, we got it too work for like 5 minutes then it quit again. I have no internet activity but i can sometimes get the wireless connected. I need help!!!!

A:no wireless connection with belkin router

Hi and welcome to TSG:
Two things we generally suggest to try first in connection issues:
Change the wireless channel being used(do this through the router's admin page).Channels 1/6/11 in US are preferred.
Make sure that you have the latest firmware update for the router.Perhaps the Belkin Techs already checked that,but it needs to be confirmed.
These two things fix a great many of the wireless connection issues that we see here.So try these first and see if the situation changes in any way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wireless-connection-with-belkin-router.753710/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,
I have recently installed a Belkin N wireless USB adapter onto my dads desktop computer (windows XP) so he can access the internet.

The computer, up until recently has been upstairs, and wired directly into the router (BTBusiness Hub), which had worked fine.

However, the computer has been moved and the connection continuously keeps getting lost now it relies on a wireless connection- Literally 2 or 3 times a minute.

I am confident that the wireless adapter has been installed correctly as it always shows a good signal.

2 other laptops use a wireless connection with no problems at all - including from the same location as my dads computer.

It's incredibly frustrating as simply checking emails is a tiresome task!!
Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:Belkin N Wireless USB keeps losing connection with router.

I have never been a fan of Belkin but assuming the USB adapter is working ok try logging onto the router and change the wireless channel to 1 or 6 or 11. If its 6 try on of the other 2 channels.

theory being wireless interference on the current channel being used?

Your dads PC is not next to a cordless phone or microwave etc,etc as these devices interfere with wireless signals. Interference can be from these types of device or a neighbour with a wireless router on the same channel as yours.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n-wireless-usb-keeps-losing-connection-with-router.889867/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

I can get my new PC to connect to my router wirelessly, but not with a wire. I don't get a blinking green light on the ethernet port, but only a continuous orange light. With wi-fi, the PC gets through, obtains an IP address, it's not being blocked on the MAC address...

Now, I have the following reasons to think the problem is in the router:

- It's not only my new PC I can't connect with a wire--any other device, Mac or PC, doesn't work, but works with wi-fi;
- my old PC connects fine with a wire. I'm using the same wire, on the same Router port when trying with the new one.

Before attempting a factory reset, I'd like to see if anyone can think of anything...

Specs: Belkin F6D4230-4 v1; PC: Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks!

mrgou

A:Solved: No wired connection on Belkin router

OK, it's now too late to delete this post, so I'll just have to admit I'm lazy. I just had to disable the wireless adapter in Windows...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-wired-connection-on-belkin-router.1050113/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, completely new to all this computing stuff and everything I touch doesn't seem to work.

Have just got a new Belkin N Wireless Modem Router & USB Adapter Model F5D8633-4 Ver 1000UK. Using the install wizard I get as far as it trying to get an internet connection having manually entered the ISP name Talk Talk and the Log In name and Password but it doesn't connect.

I've tried phoning the Belkin support line but not getting anywhere with them. The internet connects OK when using my wired modem.

I'm using a lap top Widows vista operating system and Norton security.

Any help would be really great as I don't really know where to go from here, I've no real knowledge of all things pc so any step by step answers would be great

Thanks

Relevancy 70.09%

I can connect to internet only with land line I cannot get my wireless to connect, It wants to connect then drops right away, What am I doing wrong?

A:connection problems belkin router att modem

Log into your Router setup and see if you are using the B or G or N settings. If using N, try G. If your using automatic, try B/G setting. etc. Reset the WPA-2 password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connection-problems-belkin-router-att-modem-519425.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have some issues getting all 3 of our laptops online at the same time. It keeps giving me an error on our oldest laptop. (It runs on Windows XP Professional). It says cannot connect dns error ap or something like that. It's not allowing us to enable internet sharing which may be why it isn't letting us all get online at the same time... Is this the issue, maybe? Our other two laptops run on Vista...

A:Belkin router multi laptop connection

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-multi-laptop-connection.784165/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I have recently experinced some issues with my network were for no obvious reason Belkin Wireless Router Connection with issues i Connection issues with Belkin Wireless Router have been unable to access the internet on either of the pcs Connection issues with Belkin Wireless Router connected this network they are both running XP I have since managed to factory reset Connection issues with Belkin Wireless Router the Belkin router Model F D - and after disabling Zonealarm secruity suite on of the PC s i have been able to connect it back to the network and gain access to the internet However i can not get the second PC to connect back to the internet I can see this machines ip address in the Router configuartion page and the PC itself seems to connect to the network since it has a ip adddress and other details I have tried disabeling firewalls and other software to see if this was interfering with the connection but it doesnt seem to have helped Also i have tried typing ipconfig in the cmd prompt but i get an error message IPCONFIG is not recognized as an internal or external command I am really stuck as to what to try next so any suggestions would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Connection issues with Belkin Wireless Router

Pease do these steps: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post662504-2.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-issues-with-belkin-wireless-router.115211/
Relevancy 69.23%

ok this is my first time posting but here we go.I have a belkin wired 4 port router model# f5d5231-4. I'm trying to turn this router into a switch I already turned off the NAT settings on the router. I hooked it up to my linksys router through one of the ports that saids (modem on the belkin) from one of the ports on the linksys. and my computer can not connect to the internet do I have to do something to my linksys to make the belkin work as a switch any help would be great thanks.

Relevancy 69.23%

I have a belkin wireless router/modem running our home network. We connect using 3 android devices, a wii and wireless printer with no problems. However, when connecting using either a windows 7 or windows XP laptop the internet connection is lost after a couple of minutes.

I can't work out the cause of the problem but resetting the router gives a couple of minutes of browsing before it goes again. I have tried using static IP addresses for the laptops but this hasn't helped, furthermore I have tried a winsch reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my wife has an assignment due in soon and needs to do some research online.

A:Laptops Kill Internet Connection on Belkin Router

try changing channels in the router and remove all you can that could be causing interference or the router as far away as possible from interference

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-kill-internet-connection-on-belkin-router.1033689/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have just installed a BelkinF D - A-H wireless router and cannot get a wireless connection with WPA PSK security I could get this with my old router Netgear The laptop will connect wirelessly to the router but not the internet although the internet light is lit on the router My neighbours can connect when I entered the password so this seems to be some sort of communication problem between my laptop and the internet or the router I can get a wireless connection with WEP but do not want to use this as it is less secure Currently I have disabled wireless and am using a connection router and Vista No wireless WPA/2PSK via Belkin wired connection I have Vista Home operating system and having searched the internet this seems to be a common problem However I have not found a solution I can No wireless connection via Vista WPA/2PSK and Belkin router understand - I No wireless connection via Vista WPA/2PSK and Belkin router have very limited experience No wireless connection via Vista WPA/2PSK and Belkin router in this area Can anyone help talk me through how to set this up in very simple terms nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello all I have a Belkin N Wireless Router with a model number of F D - v My internet service provider s solution is really weird to me at least I live in an apartment building where we don t get cable modems instead I plug an Ethernet cable in the wall and get internet this way I have my Belkin connected this way Then I have two desktop computers both with Windows Ultimate x connected through wireless to the router These computers have identical hardware and mostly identical software They both have TP LINK N Dropping Connection N-F5D8233-4v3) Solved: Router (Belkin Wireless network cards The reason I m posting is because my router is behaving amiss The way I have it plugged in right now x internet through Ethernet cable x LAN - INTERNET the LAN ones are empty while I have the Ethernet cable from the wall plugged in the internet socket Plugged in this way the router drops my connection when I m downloading something at full speed and attempting to watch something through YouTube particularly but gaming downloading also drop the connection This way what Solved: Router Dropping Connection (Belkin N-F5D8233-4v3) ends up happening is that the router s modem light goes orange from blue and starts blinking and the internet light goes off The only way to restore it is by resetting the router or giving it - minutes to recover on its own This is not my primary concern but it had to be mentioned and a fix for it would also be nice When I unplug the router and plug a laptop in right after it starts doing its thing I have internet Since Thursday when I plugged in the router this way again more on this later it loves dropping both computers off while we play Left for Dead or Team Fortress It does so at the exact same time This way the router doesn t show anything being wrong The games just lose connection for a moment or so used to happen with World of Warcraft then Solved: Router Dropping Connection (Belkin N-F5D8233-4v3) it resumes its function This is not noticeable ANYWHERE else except for games Ventrilo continues to work fine but the games kick us off This is my main problem I can t play Left for Dead at the moment What changed on Thursday Here s something Solved: Router Dropping Connection (Belkin N-F5D8233-4v3) weird half a year ago for some reason either a tech support guy from the internet company or I read an article I plugged in my router this way x internet through Ethernet cable x LAN - INTERNET It worked like a charm for about half a year now until Thursday when we lost internet for about a day until it occurred to me to plug it in right Since then I couldn t get it working this way AT ALL I ve written e-mails opened support tickets with Valve Steam and Belkin to see if anything would come out of it Nothing yet I know it s stupid about the way I plugged it in a second time but I need to be able to do that again or fix the original problem Since Thursday in chronological order -Plugged in the router correctly -Reinstalled Left for Dead -Upgraded Belkin firmware -Router factory default settings reconfigured it completely Also numerous restarts on router computers I ve tried putting Ethernet cables to the computers it happens that way too So it s most likely a router problem and not a wireless problem Any help would be appreciated Thank you IsEnough nbsp

A:Solved: Router Dropping Connection (Belkin N-F5D8233-4v3)

With on computer connected directly to the apartment connection, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-dropping-connection-belkin-n-f5d8233-4v3.945213/
Relevancy 69.23%

hi i have a problem, my belkin n1 router it no longer has the wireless light or security on, ive set up the router on my Windows 7 pc, both using the manual setup and cd set up but i cannot get the wireless to work, connected direct via a cable i can search the web with no problems, but my laptop cannot pick up the router at all, i have virgin media uk as my isp, my modem is a webstar,

ive attached my setup page info i f needed.

pls help thank you

Relevancy 68.8%

I m not overly tech savvy so please consider that when responding I have one desktop PC my router Belkin remote connection disconnects desktop N150 at home Windows XP and have a Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection Time Warner wired modem for internet I work from home and connect to my office computer through Remote Desktop Connection I purchased a Roku video streaming player and bought a Belkin N wireless router in order to get the Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection signal from my desktop computer out to the living area where the Roku is located The connection with the Roku is perfect Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection However my remote desktop connection now disconnects constantly and internet browsing on the local computer is very slow and choppy The configuration I used is Belkin ethernet wire from Belkin to back of modem modem ethernet wire from Belkin to computer If I remove the Belkin and put everything back the way it was all is fine but of course we then have no Roku I can t imagine that I should have to disconnect the Belkin for me to access my office computer without issues which in turn prevents those in the living area from using the Roku I have spoken to Belkin s customer support they had me change settings different times Bottom line is Belkin s CS is script oriented and they have no clue otherwise Any thoughts from this forum would be most welcome Thanks so much nbsp

A:Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection

Make sure you have the latest router firmware; then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it. (If you already have done both of these in this order you need not do them again.)

When you get a disconnect do the router (or modem) LEDs give any hint of whether the disconnect is between modem and router or between router and computer?

Consider that either of the ethernet cables may be defective.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n150-router-disconnects-my-remote-desktop-connection.1052455/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all My dad recently brought a Belkin N wireless modem router for my parents home and asked me to set it up for him as he is not very tech-savy I set the router up with no problems whilst the rents were away in Malta on holiday and had no problems for about days When they arrived back the internet was still fine until the next day when for no apparent reason wireless Belkin modem router on keeps N+ connection dropping Solved: the connection dropped and i had to power cycle it to make it work again Now at least once a say the router will drop the connection and i have no idea why I have tried every logical combination of settings and i cannot stop it from dropping the connection I ve called up Belkin tech support but they were useless and told me to try everything I have already tried which is Static IP Fixed DNS Power cycling Firmware update Checking the log file Restoring defaults Turning the firewall off Adding MAC addresses of the relevant computers to the routers quot safe quot list Port forwarding And the list goes on All i can think of now is to call BT and post my Router settings here these are the most stable settings i ve found so far Can someone please check out these settings and make sure i haven t done somethign incredibly stupid I am a software engineering Solved: Belkin N+ wireless modem router keeps on dropping connection student and fairly confident of my abilities but it would be nice to have another opinion not Belkins LAN Settings IP Address Subnet Mask DHCP Server On IP Pool Starting Address IP Pool Ending Address Lease Time Forever Local Domain Name Belkin Connection Type PPPoA IP Assigned by ISP Yes VPI VCI Encapsulation VC Mux MTU DNS Automatic from ISP Wireless Channel Extension Channel SSID Chase Wireless Mode b amp g amp n Bandwidth mhz Broadcast SSID Yes Protected mode OFF e WMM QoS ON Security Security Mode WPA WPA -Personal PSK Authentication WPA-PSK WPA -PSK Wi-Fi Protected Setup Enabled Block ICMP Ping YES DDNS Disabled Please help me nbsp

A:Solved: Belkin N+ wireless modem router keeps on dropping connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-belkin-n-wireless-modem-router-keeps-on-dropping-connection.924560/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey folks, every now and then my Belkin brand router will just switch from green light, to red light. Sometimes unplugging it for a while fixes it, sometimes unplugging it for a LONG while fixes it, sometimes prayer and chanting fixes it. But most of the time the red light sits there mocking my efforts.

What's making this happen? Is it my wireless security settings? Because I used to try and fix it by pressing/holding down the WPS button. And once we figure out why this is happening, how can I fix it?

A:Belkin router showing red light, connection suffers. Why is this happening?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-showing-red-light-connection-suffers-why-is-this-happening.1000330/
Relevancy 67.94%

hi i have had the Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router for a while now and have had a tesco's 2.2mbs connection but i have just upgreaded to a tiscali 8mbs connection, i no i can get the full 8mbs speed through the supplied modem but am just wonederind if the Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router's buitl in modem is fast enogh to get the full 8mps or if it wil run slower. would be great to no i was just wondering

A:Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router WHAT IS ITS MAX INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED

There THe belkin modem/gateway shouldnt limit your speed capabilities. You should be able to find the speed listed inside the modem's status page. To do this..
Click start>run>In run type CMD
In the black window type IPCONFIG and then enter. Note down your default gateway.
Open a browser window and enter the gateway's address into it. Click go
This should take you to your gateways graphical user interface.
Look for a status tab or see if it lists connection speeds on the general page.

Also you can test speeds at different sites. Google search broadband speed test and choose 1 of the millions of sites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-adsl-modem-with-wireless-g-router-what-is-its-max-internet-connection-speed.509394/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hii all Tech savvy Fedora for 3 connection in Core Internet Configuring PPPoe Connection I am new to this forum and Configuring PPPoe Connection for Internet connection in Fedora Core 3 somewhat new to linux world I have some problem while connecting to the internet My PC configuratiion is as follow Processor AMD athlon RAM mb Motherboard ASUS A N X Display Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated CPU Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter PPPoEWin Miniport I am Configuring PPPoe Connection for Internet connection in Fedora Core 3 having Cablenet Internet connection PPPoE I am able to connect to internet in Windows XP but i am not able to use connect via Fedora Core I used the following IP address I assign it statically in XP to use LAN facilty NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport IP Subnet Gateway WAN PPP SLIP Interface IP Subnet mask Default Gateway DNS Server server ip address Client ip address Please Help me how to coonect in Fedora Core I would also like if you reply me at the following email address allongwiyh this forum rush kanti yahoo co in Waiting for reply nbsp

A:Configuring PPPoe Connection for Internet connection in Fedora Core 3

Hello and Welcome. :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-pppoe-connection-for-internet-connection-in-fedora-core-3.23159/
Relevancy 62.35%

before I trash it Hi folks I ve just bought a Belkin ADSL Modem with High Speed Wireless G-router The networking bit filesharing to my other PC no probs using the same company s wireless USB adapter but I can NOT get it to connect to my Tiscali Internet account and I m on the point of putting it through the modem/router: connection" Belkin Help! ADSL "NO window On the grounds that I think new forum users like me should search to see if the question has already been asked answered before I did a search and did see that a Belkin ADSL modem/router: "NO connection" Help! chap called Diamond Geez had a very similar problem in July but sadly I ve not been able to get the solution offered to him to work in my case The scenario is that I ve put my user-name and password in the appropriate boxes on the router s web-based set-up screen and dispite the fact it s home page confirms the correct upstream downstream figures and both modem-lights are illuminated green on the Belkin ADSL modem/router: "NO connection" Help! front of the modem router I cannot get it to connect always showing quot NO connection quot in red at the top of the screen I ve tried various options such as alternating the connection-type from PPPoE to PPPoA and back again I ve tried LLC and VC MUX encapsulation all to no avail I have DHCP Server enabled on the LAN setup I have DNS ticked as quot Automatic from ISP quot I m coming to the end of my thether Any geniuses any ideas before I set fire to the bloody thing Really REALLY appreciated John nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

So for some reason, my router (Dlink Dir 615) won't authenticate the PPPoE when i set the modem (Speedstream 4100) to bridge mode.

So i'm stuck with a type 3 connection since i got the router and the modem in between... Now question is;

1) If i leave the modem do the PPPoE (not in bridge mode), how can i set up the router so that i can open the ports on the modem and get a clean connection to the PSN

2)Is there a specific way to set to the bridge mode on the modem, so that my router can authenticate the PPPoE, so that i can just open the ports on the router

A:Router won't handle the PPPoE

Here you go, this is the recipe to make your secondary router into a WAP and eliminate it's NAT layer.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc. Note that you should use the same SSID and encryption key for the secondary router but a non-conflicting channel. I recommend channels 1, 6, or 11 for use for the best results.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-wont-handle-the-pppoe.933317/
Relevancy 61.06%

I just switched to DSL from cable internet and am having some trouble setting up my router with the new internet service.

DSL modem-->Router-->Network with PC and PS3

ISP is ATT
DSL modem is a TP-Link 8616
Router is a D-Link DIR-628

I put my ATT username and password into the router but it never completes a connection to the internet. I was able to create a soft PPPoE gateway connection through my computer using my username and password, but I want my router to do this, not my PC. How do I get my router to connect directly to the Internet connection rather than having my PC connect? My setup would be fine as-is if I just had 1 computer but I also want to go online with my PS3, and it won't connect like my PC will, even after putting the username/password in.

I can give more info as needed. Thanks.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I use a iball baton 54m Extended range iB-WRX054G, router on dynamic ip setting for my hathway connection and it work perfectly, but I have moved houses and have got a new connection with spark broadband now which uses PPPoE, I have tried to reset the router and then tried to config the same but it does not work and Sparl people don't even see any logins from my router, however the connection works with my laptop.
The engineer came and used his own router and it worked with the same PPPoe settings on his router.
they tell me that my router is faulty how can that be when it works with my hathway?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pppoe-not-working-on-my-router.1149007/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi For many years I had a DSL connection wherein there was a modem provided by the ISP I had bought a Belkin on not router connecting PPPoE N router which I connected to the model this router had a dynamic WAN setup and everything worked fine My ISP was giving me a lot of connectivity problems so I got connection from a different ISP Instead of connection through a phone line there is a ethernet cable that is coming to my house If I connect PPPoE not connecting on router this cable directly to my laptop running windows Norton the connection works fine All I have to do is that I have to press connect on a dialer that was created to store the username and password given by the ISP The problem starts when I want to use the router - I have setup the router with the following options Connection type - PPPoE Username - as provided by ISP Password - as provided by ISP Connection name - lt blank gt IP address - Dynamic Disconnect - after minutes of inactivity MTU - this was default in the router ISP has not specified anything For some reason the router does not pick the WAN IP address also it keep showing the status as Not connected I have tried soft hard resetting the router reconfigure the settings Call ISP and they told me the same settings as described above Can you please help fix the problem nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I m trying to set up my wireless network once again in another continent with new hardware Basic setup WinXP PC Thomson SpeedTouch v modem Phoebe wireless router Everything should be working The modem recognizes the router as a peripheral and attributes an IP address However Router problems: PPPoE Solved: this is only done when I run the router setup with automatic Solved: Router problems: PPPoE login i e no user name or password The router then says that the server modem is found and that Internet access is fine It is not of course when I re-do the router setup with PPPoE the correct one for DSL connection no the router cannot establish internet access For further details see the rest of the text below Here is the ipconfig all with the modem attached directly to the PC by ethernet Note that the wireless connection is inactive although it should be active i e the WLAN LED is lit on the router and the signal strength is excellent according to the PC However the PC cannot acquire an IP address from the router I cannot ping it either on its default why is that showing in the modem default gatway below With this config Internet access is good Solved: Router problems: PPPoE but the wireless router is out of the loop and I only have direct access from PC to modem via ethernet Windows IP Configuration Host Name newcomputer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description FreeLan g Wireless PCI Card Physical Address xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx Now what follows is weird When I connect the modem to the router via ethernet the router gives an IP address immediately and I can access the router s config pages without problem using According to the router the internet connection is there and the server modem is found However I have no internet connection and can no longer access the modem s config pages nor ping it on its default IP Windows IP Configuration Below is the ipcong all for the situation described in the previous paragraph Host Name newcomputer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description FreeLan g Wireless PCI Card Physical Address xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

hello everyone i just got broadband internet today and i am having issues setting up my wireless router with Solved: wireless router/pppoe it i have set up a connection numerous times with other internet connections and this router at my old apartment i just moved i think the difference this time is that i have a pppoe with this connection Solved: wireless router/pppoe i tried putting my pppoe username and password into my router page i cannot access my router page from now i Solved: wireless router/pppoe am not sure what i did i set Solved: wireless router/pppoe up the wireless router with the CD as usual and my computer recognizes the connection but it says quot local only quot and the little icon at the top shows that it is not connected to the internet just my computer i have a D-link dir- wireless router i am not entirely sure what i have for my broadband router my ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe da ec d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe ff fe c Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix i am not sure what else to post i have vista home edition my internet works just find if i am directly connected to the router the cable company gave me with a network cable thank you for your time and patience nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I m uprading routers from a Dlink that is b to a new one that is N The old router works just fine The new router will not connect to my ISP via PPPoE It just says disconnecting in the status when you click connect I ve ensured that all my settings are the same from my old router working Upgrading router pppoe not and I called Dlink support and the mean man in India said that the reason it can t connect is because my modem isn t quot bridged quot Upgrading router and pppoe not working and that I need to call my ISP to have them bridge my modem I ve never heard of this before Does anyone know what that means and if that is indeed correct I tried explaining that my old Dlink router works with my modem just fine so unless there is some major difference between the way they work I don t think that is the problem I m not sure he understood me though Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Upgrading router and pppoe not working

First off, let's see a screen shot of the old router's WAN configuration page to start.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-router-and-pppoe-not-working.887085/
Relevancy 59.77%

i really dunno what is happening and before this my router auto reset its setting for twice already i am using a router modem from frequently is this router disconnected and PPPoE the log freqently my ISP telekom billion brand and myself is using freqently PPPoE frequently disconnected and this is the router log a dlink router dl- any help will be appriciated abit info to access to the billion router modem dlink i cant access to that billion Saturday September AM PADI com sent Saturday September AM DOD triggered internally Saturday September AM start to dial-up Saturday September AM PADI sent Saturday September AM PADO recv ERXCBJ Saturday September AM PADR sent Saturday September AM PADS recv B B Saturday September AM PPP TX LCP Request Saturday September AM PPP Rx LCP Request Saturday September AM PPP TX LCP ACK Saturday September AM PPP Rx LCP ACK Saturday September AM PPP Tx PAP Saturday September AM PAP OK Saturday September AM PPP Rx IPCP Request Saturday September AM PPP Tx IPCP Reguest Saturday September AM PPP Rx IPCP NACK REJECT Saturday September AM IPCP IP is freqently PPPoE frequently disconnected and this is the router log Saturday September AM IPCP DNS is Saturday September AM IPCP DNS is Saturday September AM PPP Tx IPCP Reguest Saturday September AM PPP Rx IPCP ACK Saturday September AM Syn time Sat Sep Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to UDP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to UDP port Saturday September AM freqently PPPoE frequently disconnected and this is the router log Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to UDP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to UDP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port Saturday September AM Unrecognized attempt blocked from to TCP port nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freqently-pppoe-frequently-disconnected-and-this-is-the-router-log.630475/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi.I had this router for some time,and it worked fine with my modem,but I now changed on PPPoE Fiberlink,but can't seem to make it work together with the router...I have been trying to do it for one week,but I can't manage it...someone told me to change the MTU but I don't know in what...
any help?if anymore info is needed,tell me where to find it and I will post

Relevancy 59.77%

at the time of creating a pppoe connection the option which says "connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password" is disabled could you please tell me y this happens and what to do for this???thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pppoe-connection-17263.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Netgear WNR-2000v2 broadband router (for PPPoE connections such as iBurst). I am getting a 4MB/s ADSL line soon which comes with an ADSL modem (not wireless)
Will i be able to connect the modem to my netgear router via ethernet and then connect to the internet wirelessly?

Link to my router: WNR2000

Link to my modem: Billion ADSL modem

A:Can I use a PPPoE broadband router to make my ADSL wireless?

It seems to have all the properties of a typical router so I don't see why not. I can't tell you for certain as I have never used the particular model though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146215-can-i-use-pppoe-broadband-router-make-my-adsl-wireless.html
Relevancy 58.91%

From Vista,a pppoe connection is created using the 'Get Connected wizard' or
rasphone.exe, it shows up as a 'Dial-up connection' in the network
connections folder. When you right click on the client connection created,
click on Properties, it says 'Connect using Modem '.

Is this a registry issue or what? How can I fix this?

A:Problem PPPOE connection

Hello, have you tried the fixit site of Microsoft ? Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294520-problem-pppoe-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

From Vista,a pppoe connection is created using the 'Get Connected wizard' or
rasphone.exe, it shows up as a 'Dial-up connection' in the network
connections folder. When you right click on the client connection created,
click on Properties, it says 'Connect using Modem '.

Is this a registry issue or what? How can I fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-pppoe-connection.1035762/
Relevancy 58.91%

My ISP disbled my router to only allow 2 devices to connect through router (PC and Laptop). I want to connect Iphone too but since Iphone doesn't support PPPoE I cannot log in to internet. I tried to share pppoe connection in my laptop but it doesn't work....Is there any other way (besides buying other router) to let iphone connect to internet. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

A:Share PPPoE connection?

Quote: Originally Posted by liks

My ISP disbled my router to only allow 2 devices to connect through router (PC and Laptop). I want to connect Iphone too but since Iphone doesn't support PPPoE I cannot log in to internet. I tried to share pppoe connection in my laptop but it doesn't work....Is there any other way (besides buying other router) to let iphone connect to internet. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

As long as one of your PCs has a WiFi card it can create its own wireless hot spot using Connectify.

I use it to connect my own iPhone to the internet when I'm too far from my router and it works a treat.

It allows you to be both connected to a router wirelessly and to be acting as a WiFi access point at the same time.

It is one of the most versatile networking apps out there.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93858-share-pppoe-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys I am trying to solve this problem for days now reading through this forum and of google entries NOTHING helped and I am not a PC-beginner I installed Win yesterday on the -year old pc at my girlfriends Everything worked fine except sound which didn't work out of the box but I got a driver The next problem is the PPPoE connection which drops randomly aprox every minutes or so There is no router between the pc and the isp an rj- cable goes directly to the pc from a switch I believe We got a user and password to connect and that's how I set up the connection which worked fine or so I thought I also disabled IPv and Drop PPPoE Connection for the network card didnt't help at all What I didn't try is to fill in the DNS server but I don't believe that it makes any difference I added the everest report as attachment Some details Win PPPoE Connection Drop Pentrium Ghz Intel Grantsdale-G i G Chipset MB RAM Geforce Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

A:PPPoE Connection Drop

So, I installed the newest Realtek driver for the network card, didn't help at all. Any ideas guys?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/48777-pppoe-connection-drop.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Bad Connection w/ PPPoE Broadband I have a strange problem Bad Connection w/ Broadband PPPoE I have AOL broadband and I d like to connect to the internet without using the infamous bloated AOL software I know how to do that using Vistas quot set up connection or network quot wizard and I can successfully log in using by username and password The problem is the connection is very poor when I use this method The speed tests show the correct speed and downloads are full speed but pages seemingly randomly do not load for long stretches of several minutes For example my home page does not load quot page cannot load quot error google does not load some pages load but not fully with many errors This isnt a browser issue I tried firefox IE chrome this isn t a modem router issue I have a laptop that works fine with a permanently logged in router it s not an AOL issue I can still log in fine with AOL software and then browse fine with firefox it s not a hardware issue and it s not a firewall issue it s off Therefore it must be an issue with the way windows connects to my modem when using the built in PPPoE broadband connection I really have no idea what could be wrong Maybe one of you do Thanks nbsp

A:Bad Connection w/ Broadband PPPoE

Get rid of AOL?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-connection-w-broadband-pppoe.920612/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,

I have a laptop from my workplace, it has SEWP5, some special XP with everything installed on it, like Novell and stuff.

At my homeplace i had to setup a PPPoE connection because of the ISP.
I did everything, i can connect through PPPoE but the Internet is not working. I tried to ping the PPPoE server and the DNS Servers, but the ping is not working, so my connection seems to be cut.

Do you have any idea what to check for errors?

Free Hugs,
Toe

A:Problem with PPPoE connection

Who is your ISP and what brand and model modem do you have?

You might have to configure a few settings in it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-pppoe-connection-302215.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I have a strange problem I have AOL broadband and I'd like to connect to the internet without using the infamous bloated AOL software I know how to do that using Vistas' quot set up connection or network quot wizard and I can successfully log in using by username and password The problem is the connection is very poor when I use this method The speed tests show w/ Connection Broadband PPPoE Bad the Bad Connection w/ Broadband PPPoE correct speed and downloads are full speed but pages seemingly randomly do not load for long stretches of several minutes For example my home page does not load quot page cannot load quot error google does not load some pages load but not fully with many errors This isnt a browser issue I tried firefox IE chrome this isn't a modem router issue I have a laptop that works fine with a permanently logged in router it's not an AOL issue I can still log in fine with AOL software and then browse fine with firefox it's not a hardware issue and it's not a firewall issue it's off Therefore it must be an issue with the way windows connects to my modem when using the built in PPPoE broadband connection I really have no idea what could be wrong Maybe one of you do Thanks

A:Bad Connection w/ Broadband PPPoE

can we eliminate any type of malware/virus infection?
Maybe just a good cleaning
will help.

CCleaner is good one for starters...
Code:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
It's free and you can download from there.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/277078-bad-connection-w-broadband-pppoe.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i use windows xp s in built pppoe dialer to connect to my adsl connection i have had the connection Problem connection with PPPoE for almost a year now and have never faced any problems the problem i am facing is a strange one when i am connecting to the net with a particular connection set up Problem with PPPoE connection using the network connection wizard more than once it s settings get changed for example the display progress while connecting in the properties which is default and the prompt for name password certificate during connection also default get changed even the service name Problem with PPPoE connection which is usually blank gets replaced by a string of meaningless numbers even Problem with PPPoE connection more surprising when i check the two above mentioned options and try to connect to the net the username which consisted only of characters and underscores gets partiallly replaced by an it cannot be anything else ip address i am absolutely clueless as nothing like this has ever happened before i had performed a full system scan with norton antivirus before this happened if i set up a new connection with the wizard things go back to normal however the moment i connect the connection settings go haywire any ideas thanks in advance krishanu nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-pppoe-connection.439838/
Relevancy 58.91%

Really need some help here going crazy We have a Sagemcom FAST modem router from windstream our ISP and have been trying to get F7D1301 a Modem/router Belkin Sagemcom with Setup Fast router 1704 a servers going for Minecraft game with no luck So we thought that we could attach our Belkin router to the modem since we were Setup a Belkin F7D1301 router with a Sagemcom Fast 1704 Modem/router having port forwarding problems I have tried numerous times to set up the router with this modem and have even tried the bridge mode but then I don t get internet access through the Belkin router have no idea what I am doing wrong I am running Windows XP and my brother who I want on the same network is running Windows Vista which I really hate I had my XP connected but could not get the Vista connected then I completely messed it up and just am at my wits end can someone please walk me through this Let me know any info you need and how to send it to you Thanks a lot Deb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-a-belkin-f7d1301-router-with-a-sagemcom-fast-1704-modem-router.1089945/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a sometimes unreliable LAN connection at work, and a wireless broadband (PPPoE) for home and about. If I've been on the PPPoE, and switch to the LAN (it's cheaper), or if IE just thinks that it's not connected, I get a pop-up to open the PPPoE connection. The problem is that I may be connected to the LAN, and not have my modem with me.

Is there any way for the open network connection dialog to also list the LAN connection as an option. It only gives me the option of opening the PPPoE, or working offline.

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/191196-i-have-lan-connection-but-ie-wants-open-my-pppoe-connection.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I have a my PPPoE Fiber instead WiFi my Configuring of router Optic on modem Fiber Optic connection at Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem home where the Fiber Optic modem is connected to my WiFi router Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem The problem is that in Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem order to connect to the Internet I have to first connect to the WiFi WPA and then dial-in via PPPoE into the Internet I provide the ISP username and password in the second step I am using Windows and have created the PPPoE connection as shown in the attached screenshots I have to connect to this PPPoE every time I need to connect to the Internet I have had to configure this on all my laptops and have to connect using each individual machine where I need an Internet connection This is a big pain as you can imagine Further I want to connect my Nexus One to the home WiFi Internet connection but since it doesn t have PPPoE support I can t do this I went to my router settings Com CRWDR A- and found something that seemed promising In the Internet Settings section I saw a place to provide the PPPoE username and password However this hasn t helped I still have to connect using the PPPoE connection in Windows Does anybody have any ideas tips Any help would be appreciated as this is getting frustrating Cheers Wild Thing nbsp

A:Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem

Since you're connecting from the router you can probably delete the PPOE connection from Windows.

Curtis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-pppoe-on-my-wifi-router-instead-of-my-fiber-optic-modem.911765/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi friends ...

I hav bsnl broadband connection in my home.... I connected a tplink wired for browsing...

I also have a belkin wireless router..... I connected those routers.... And only wired communication is possible
and i cant access in wireless connection... Pls help me

i m sttuggling....

Relevancy 58.48%

I have been using Win 7 for quite a few days now but i still can't seem to find a way to auto connect to PPPoE broadband without pasting a shortcut into the startup folder (this process doesnot always work).
When i used XP i stumbled on to an Dial Up Connection windows option from GPEDIT.MSC. But i cant seem to find that option in 7. The window looks a something like the one in http://i55.tinypic.com/2mgttw.jpg .
FYI, the same window pops up at start up if IDM (internet download manager) dial up is used.
Someone please help me by telling me where i could find the option

http://i55.tinypic.com/2mgttw.jpg

A:special PPPoE connection window

Here is something that might help.

Advanced dial-up settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113138-special-pppoe-connection-window.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi.
I need to create/rmove PPPoE connections on a PC running Vista Business.
The PC is controlled by a test system using telnet, why I can't use the GUI
to create the connection. I need BAT files doing the job.

This is how I create the connection using GUI.
Network and sharing Center
Set up a connection or network
Connect to the internet
Create new connection
Boradband PPPoE
(And then I specify user, name, password, IP, DNS)
I want to create, with a BAT file (using netsh CLI ?), the same PPPoE connection.
Does anyone know how to do that ?

Regards//Christian

A:Creating PPPoE connection with netsh

Hi Christian, I need your help, Do you know how to do that?
I'm still looking for.
Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/244033-creating-pppoe-connection-netsh.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My Internet Connection was working fine. All of a sudden it started going dead in the middle of Downloads/Surfing.

This is what happens:

1. The first page you choose (any page) loads. If instead of that you download files (i.e. updating the antivirus) the first and with luck second files download, then it goes ¨server connection failed¨

2. If you click on any link or try a second page it fails to find it and gets stuck on ¨searching for (any IP)¨, or ¨connecting to www.anypage.com¨

This happens at random times, i.e. sometimes after 20 mins, 30ms 32 mins, etc.
Then even if I connect and disconnect again, it doesn't help.

I have to uninstall the LAN Card and re-install it. Alternately, I have to uninstall the "Network Components" (eg. Network Monitor Driver, Internet Protocol (TCP/IP, etc.)) from the properties Tab of the Internet Connection.

Please help!

A:PPPoE Internet Connection goes dead after a while

I had similar problems.

Check your modem to see if it can't keep line sync.(Normally a light on the modem) If it effectively can't, call your ISP support and ask them if you could get a line test from your telco. In my case, a couple of days after the test, it started working fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pppoe-internet-connection-goes-dead-after-a-while.39637/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello guys.
Recently installed win 8 pro vt media center and have several issues .. my main concern s internet. I am unable to create new pppoe connection and evytym I try to create my pc restart just aftr verifying username password.

I am using cisco dpq adsl modem connected using usb. Drivers of win 7 installed properly and it shows virtual lan connection in network & sharing center. Evythng seems to b ok den wats the matter? Guys pls help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20680-pc-restarts-while-creating-pppoe-connection.html
Relevancy 58.48%

SF

I was looking for someone to help me with setting up a DDWRT Router for a PPPoE connection

Here are some details...
Router: Linksys WRT54G2
Connection: Verizon DSL (PPoE of course)
Current Router: Actiontec something (from 2005)...rather old

That WRT54G2 is a rather good router...much better than my Actiontec so I was hoping to use it to boost my signal in my house. I know I will have to continue to use the Actiontec but I am unsure of how to get the WRT54G2 to get and broadcast the internet signal from the actiontec

Ideas are welcomed

A:Setting up DDWRT for PPPoE Connection

OK, is the ActionTec wireless and wired router? And do you have anything wired plugged into it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25664-setting-up-ddwrt-pppoe-connection.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I don't know what the hell is going on So I installed Windows x built internet was working as normal then suddenly it started to disconnect and get speeds of kbps My connection has a mbit limit and so far it worked good on windows Xp My network card is a nVidia networking controller from a motherboard with an nForce chipset on it Gigabyte GA-M S-S I installed and reinstalled the drivers countless times there was no change I called my provider and they ran numerous checks even calling me to say they PPPoE with a Wierd stuff connection solved the problem but nothing So I disabled TCP Ip v on the PPPoE connection and it worked pretty Wierd stuff with a PPPoE connection good aprox mbits s After week the speed dropped to an avarage of mbit s Today I changed the MAC adress of the network card and it went up to - mbit s a bit more than the avarage week ago Could the MAC have anything to do with it The MAC I put was random To make things more interesting I plugged my Acer laptop which has windows XP and the internet speed is aprox mbit s Sometimes I would get something like kbps download and mbit s upload I searched on nVidia's website for the newest drivers but the n series one says it didn't found any hardware for the drivers I'm trying to install I really want to resolve this problem withouth buying another networking controller and have a PCI slot occupied for nothing

A:Wierd stuff with a PPPoE connection

I have the Asus p5b-plus with the Atheros L1 gigabit adapter and I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. I was getting frequent disconnects when transferring large files over the network or downloading torrents. This required me to run through the troubleshooter each time to allow it to work temporarily again.

I fixed this by going into the driver properties panel> Advanced> Task Offload> Off. After it reset I was running fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39552-wierd-stuff-pppoe-connection.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
I am using windows XP SP2 and have run into a problem on my laptop.
We use a PPPOE connection for the internet and it is working fine on this machine but on my laptop, it connects fine but after a few seconds, it disconnects. When I go to my network connections, I find that after it disconnects, it creates a new PPOE Connection called "x-connect".
I have no clue how to fix it.
Please help

Thanks

A:Internet PPPOE connection keeps dropping

Do you use VOiP? like Skype or Vonage? that is usually what x-connect refers to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-pppoe-connection-keeps-dropping-404400.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello guys.My internet connection keeps dropping periodically.I get the below dialog box and on clicking 'redial' it connects again but again i get the same dialog box in 10-15 minutes.I use windows 7.Tbh i have 0 knowledge of all this LAN related things so i am attaching screenshots of various details of my PC.Please let me know if you need any more details.

[Here on right clicking 'Local Are connection 2'->properties->configure->Advanced Tab the setting there are:
Flow control - Disabled
InterruptModeration - Enabled
Network address - Not present
Receive Buffers - 160
Speed and Duplex settings-Auto negotiation
Transmit buffers-160 ]

Thanks in advance.

A:PPPoe connection keeps dropping perodically

Sounds like you may need to change a PPoe setting (keep alive) in your router... What router make and model do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185709-pppoe-connection-keeps-dropping-perodically.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a problem sharing PPPoE internet connection after installing Win in top of Win On my computer say internet PPPoE connection Problem sharing quot Computer A quot I have LAN ports on the motherboard -st one quot Ethernet quot is connected to internet provider -nd one quot Ethernet quot is connected to quot Computer B quot I am trying to set up internet an connection on quot Computer A quot and share it to quot Computer B quot I created a broadband connection and checked the checkbox in its sharing tab allowing other users of the network to be able to use my internet connection I specified the Problem sharing PPPoE internet connection quot Ethernet quot connection as the quot home network connection quot in this tab Then I configure the TCP IP v protocol on the quot Ethernet quot connection in the following way IP subnet mask default Problem sharing PPPoE internet connection gateway but after closing and opening the protocol properties window this field became blank DNS I tested both Problem sharing PPPoE internet connection computers can be ping-ed from each other After this simple configuration I am connecting to the internet I have the internet on quot Computer A quot but NO internet on quot Computer B quot Moreover on computer B while I am trying to ping some site its IP addess is determined correctly but sill no internet Can anyone help me I killed several days trying to solve this problem Once again I had no such problem on windows with the same hardware Computer A MB P Q-E Ethernet adapter Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Ethernet adapter Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Windows Profesional Computer B Samsung N Netbook Windows XP

A:Problem sharing PPPoE internet connection

Have you tried RIGHT clicking on the network adapter, and selecting properties, and then clicking the sharing tab.
Tick "Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection."

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9737-problem-sharing-pppoe-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,i'm using W8.1 and I try to setup autodial for a PPPOE connection on startup,I've use Task Scheduler
on action i've set: c:\Windows\System32\rasphone.exe
arguments: -d "connectionname"
trigger : At log on
When I start computer,PPPOE connection starts but doesn't auto connect,I have to press "Connect" button

so there is a problem setting it to autodial,need some help

thanks!

A:Setting PPPOE connection to autodial on startup

You are doing it the hard way. Just set it up from Internet Options in the Control Panel. You can also set it up from the Network Connections folder.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/46312-setting-pppoe-connection-autodial-startup.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Does anyone know how to setup a Windows 7 PPPoE connection to automatically log on, when the user logs on to their W7 account?

I'm going to be putting W7 RTM on my folks machine very soon, and trying to get my mom to remember to click a shortcut under XP to connect to the ISP before she tries to send/receive mail has been a nightmare. Getting her to use the "connect to" start menu link or clicking on the systray icon under Windows 7 will be impossible I think.

We have 4 pc's using 3 different ISP's on our ADSL line so using our ADSL router to login for us is not an option.

A:Automatically connect a PPPoE connection on login?

Ah ha, figured it out.

Had to turn off "Prompt for name and password..." in the connection properties, and put a shortcut to the pppoe connection in user startup folder.

What had me fooled was finding a way to make a shortcut of the pppoe connection, which was hidden under "change adapter settings" section of the Network and Sharing Center in control panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/21761-automatically-connect-pppoe-connection-login.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi We have a fairly unstable Internet connection through Dodo Please no quips about peanuts and monkeys I know Dodo is a terrible ISP They and Telstra have refused to fix the problems preferring instead to blame my equipment despite the fact that I have replaced every part of the network many times over Line noise on the connection is terrible and causes anything up to disconnections a day from anywhere between seconds to minutes As my sons & failover Internet software What 3G PPPoE - connection play a lot of online gaming disconnections not only kill the game but also get them demoted on the servers So they have a G mobile phone with GB data allowance per month But we are having problems finding any software preferably FREE that will let us set up a fail over environment such that when the PPPoE connection fails it switches to G and automatically reverts to PPPoE when that service comes back online Any one know of Internet connection failover PPPoE & 3G - What software any software that meets this need thanks Tanya

A:Internet connection failover PPPoE & 3G - What software

I think you are looking for Connectify dispatch which can use both the ISP connection and the 3G at the same time though it's not exactly free it may still be worth the price.

Connectify Dispatch - The Software Internet Load Balancer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302394-internet-connection-failover-pppoe-3g-what-software.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am using 7201 build and have been having this problem since 7137 build. I have PPPOE connection so i have to login using a username and password i got from my isp.
Now that i upgraded it always asks me enter user and pass.
If i disconnect and connect it always asks me even though i select the option "Remember my id and pass"

Any idea how to fix this

A:PPPOE connection wont stay logged in

Quote: Originally Posted by werD

I am using 7201 build and have been having this problem since 7137 build. I have PPPOE connection so i have to login using a username and password i got from my isp.
Now that i upgraded it always asks me enter user and pass.
If i disconnect and connect it always asks me even though i select the option "Remember my id and pass"

Any idea how to fix this

What kind of router? Were you able to store uid and pword in previous builds? did you have to store uid in the pc or router? More networking info would be helpful

Waiting for info

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13697-pppoe-connection-wont-stay-logged.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Is it normal I m running Win XP SP as OS limited user account pppoe starts slowly as well from the administrator account the only program in the startup is the antivirus--avast slow computer my pppoe is on very start connection What happens typically just after logging is that I open the browser and stare pppoe connection start is very slow on my computer at it waiting for connection and if I open the task manager i see svchost exe NETWORK SERVICE at CPU all this time it dials its connection It s something like - minutes more after logging till i can surf the web I had previously a linux install on this computer in which the same pppoe connection start is very slow on my computer pppoe worked very fast compared with what i get on Xp i used to log in and the daemon was taking seconds to start Compared to that experience i don t get at all the way pppoe works in windows so I come here asking if anyone could help me find what can I improve in my install I ve searched the quot whole quot web for an alternative to the built-in pppoe dialer in Windows and found ONLY two Cidial and Raspppoe which I m currently running but no sign of improvement I appreciate any little help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pppoe-connection-start-is-very-slow-on-my-computer.964081/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys I am new to the forum Well I have looked up answers to many problems on here before but never posted This is the first time I was unable to find the answer to a problem on these forums My problem is I have an iBurst Modem which is used to connect to a wireless ISP Normally I would connect this via a network cable directly to my built in PC LAN card I am then able to connect to the internet by connecting using WAN miniport PPPOE by entering my username and password My problem is I have a N DGN Netgear router which does not have a WAN port only LAN ports and a telephone type connection for an ADSL input The routers sold in South Africa do not have WAN internet WAN Sharing PPPOE Wireless connection with LAN ports on them standard If I connect the router directly to my PC and connect the Modem to the router LAN obviously it does not work as the ISP requires the connection to be through a WAN miniport PPOE Sharing WAN PPPOE internet connection with Wireless LAN type connection My MOBO has two LAN Sharing WAN PPPOE internet connection with Wireless LAN cards so I thought I could connect the Netgear router to the second LAN port on my MOBO and then 'share' the Sharing WAN PPPOE internet connection with Wireless LAN WAN miniport with the LAN wireless connection so that I can broadcast the internet connection throughout the house Is there ANY way to share a WAN Miniport PPOE internet connection to another LAN and broadcast it wirelessly Please let me know if you need more information

A:Sharing WAN PPPOE internet connection with Wireless LAN

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

I subscribed to your thread to see if anyone would pick it up. I've never done what you are trying to do, so I might not be the best person in the forum to help you work thru this... but here is what I would try:

1) Connect the Netgear router to the unused LAN card on your MOBO.

2) Restart the desktop computer.

3) Check to see if that LAN card is assigned an IP address by the Netgear router.
(via command prompt window and ipconfig)

4) W7 should ask you what type of network this is going to be - tell it Home network

5) Connect a device to the wireless part of the Netgear router.

6) Use that device to ping the IP address of that was assigned in step 3.
(I have a ping app on my phone.)

If the pings do not time out, then you have part of the issue worked out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288418-sharing-wan-pppoe-internet-connection-wireless-lan.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I internet upgrading stops After working PPPOE from connection to 10 did my upgrade quite shortly ago Basically before that upgrade I had connections at the same time Local Area Connection with Ethernet and my PPPOE connection as After upgrading to 10 PPPOE connection stops internet from working advised by my provider I've been using my PPPOE connection for years to sidestep some connection issues especially with uPnP but now my internet only works through Ethernet and when I also start in my dial-up section the PPPOE connection Windows reports the quot no internet connection quot After upgrading to 10 PPPOE connection stops internet from working problem After using After upgrading to 10 PPPOE connection stops internet from working quot Troubleshoot problems quot it resets the required parts and reports solving quot Gateway is not available quot problem I've already tried to reinstall all network drivers by deleting them first with device manager and through netcfg d in command line I don't know if it helps but my BitDefender reports new adapters upon starting PPPOE Teredo Tunneling and to I already tried to set Local Area Connection to Home and my other connection to Public and also all other possible permutations of settings Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:After upgrading to 10 PPPOE connection stops internet from working

After trying out more options I think that my problem is with "use default gateway on remote network" option in adapters not working properly - without it PPPOE connection works.

But I need it.
Does anyone, by chance, have some advices?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37042-after-upgrading-10-pppoe-connection-stops-internet-working.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone I am facing a problem recently I hope anyone of you can help me to solve it Recently I have been installed Windows Eight Pro -bit in two of my desktop computers One pc having motherboard Intel DG and external Unable to connection install with NIC card PPPOE the other one is Asus Sabertooth P i I have two external Realtek NIC card installed in both of the pcs When I was using Windows Seven -bit I installed PPPOE as follows gt Conrtol Pannel gt Network and Sharing Center gt Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to BROADBAND PPPOE something like that But when I am trying to install pppoe on windows eight like the same process it shows quot Unable to install PPPOE quot kinds of message and reboot I thought the NIC card driver was not installed properly so I re-install the NIC card driver and again tried but it crashes and then reboot The funny part is when Unable to install PPPOE connection with external NIC card I plugged the Ethernet cable into my built-in NIC card the one that is embeded on Motherboard it Unable to install PPPOE connection with external NIC card doesnt reboot and installed successfully But I need to use the external NIC card and with that I am unable to connect to PPPOE Can anybody help me please solving this Unable to install PPPOE connection with external NIC card issue I face the same problem in both of my pc and now I have to use the built-in NIC card Is there any solution to use the external NIC

A:Unable to install PPPOE connection with external NIC card

I assume your external cards are WiFi is that correct ?

On my system I setup router with PPPOe and then using a usb WiFi simply used new connection.

May or may not work for you but bon chance as they say

Keith

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26728-unable-install-pppoe-connection-external-nic-card.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a PPPoE internet connetion from my ISP. Every time I want to access the internet connection I have to goto the setting and in that I have to open it and then have to dial it.
This is the traditional way to log in but I wanted to make a batch file in which the PPPoE user name and password is saved and after executing the batch file the PPPoE connection will be established.
Please help me with the proper batch code . . .

A:Creating the PPPOE internet connection using batch file

how is your computer connected to your modem is it via Ethernet cable, USB or wireless? and how are you connected to the internet. You normally would log into your modem/router and put your user name and password in there with whatever other parameters your ISP gave you and then restart the modem and your computer and it should just work. Did you install any software when connecting the modem as unless you're using a 3G or a 4G type mobile wireless internet device Windows takes care of this things efficiently and without much fanfare or offering to sell you whatever other 3rd party software so often does

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351681-creating-pppoe-internet-connection-using-batch-file.html
Relevancy 57.19%

A friend recently changed ISPs from Comcast cable to AT amp T DSL She was sent a WIRE HG-B DSL modem wireless router w -port switch built-in She also has a Linksys WRT G v wireless router w -port switch I put the WIRE modem into bridged mode so we could continue using the Linksys router for wireless connectivity I made sure to about Question PPPoE strange Solved: connection information disable the wireless support in the WIRE router I had run into a problem where the Linksys router wouldn t reestablish the PPPoE connection automatically if it was lost A firmware upgrade to version seems to have addressed that problem BUT now when the router is connected it s getting a Solved: Question about strange PPPoE connection information strange subnet mask It might not be strange but it s completely unexpected The IP address is aaa bbb ccc ddd and the subnet mask is The default gateway IP address is aaa bbb fff ggg so the assigned IP address and the default gateway are on two completely different subnets but in the same class B IP network All of the important machines are able to connect to the Internet ok so I m not sure if the above subnet mask is anything I should be concerned with Any comments or ideas Thanks in advance Peace nbsp

A:Solved: Question about strange PPPoE connection information

The subnet mask of 255.255.255.255 is a valid mask for a PPPoE connection, it denotes that there is only a single allowed address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-question-about-strange-pppoe-connection-information.791655/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hiya.

Been having this issue with my Buffalo AirStation WHR-G300N Wireless router, and I'm starting to go nuts with it. I tried restoring it to factory settings but that didn't do anything, now I'd like to get this working pretty quickly because my mom likes to use the internet and this is the only wireless router I have.

Additional info: In my room there is a Cisco EPC3825 modem which gives me internet through cable and then I have another cable going to another room where the wireless router is at.

I'm a bit unsure as to what kind of information I'm supposed to give, at least I hope this is a good start.

Boris over and out!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383974-dhcp-pppoe-server-cannot-detect-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 55.9%

i have this 3 sets of computers the other 1 is a server which is already connected to internet using PPPoE Broand Band Connection. I already enabled the Internet Connection Sharing for the home network and configured the workstations/client PC. All of them can now access the internet but some websites wont open like yahoomail.com, hotmail.com, friendster.com etc. but the yahoo.com itself and the other links/websites can be viewed i can even connect to mirc and other instant messenger.

can anyone help me please T_T

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/client-comp-cant-browse-other-site-using-pppoe-broad-band-connection.32652/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have installed Windows Home premium on my desktop My NIC is not identifying my network and I can't ping anything I have called comcast and verified my account member id and password I am able to connect to my laptop PPPoE but on my desktop I can't I am having a big issue I came across some options to delte some Registry Stuff in regedit but I am not sure if this is correct My NIC has never had any problems in the past up until now I am getting the error Connection failed with error Also with my router I am also not with Home Problem Premium w/NIC 711" Windows 7 PPPoE error or failed "Connection able to Windows 7 Home Premium Problem w/NIC or PPPoE "Connection failed with error 711" have a hard wired connection from the desktop to the router I have been connecting with the Wireslss NIC--no issues I want a hard wired connection though for other reasons now Does anyone have a soultion for this I looked it up on online and get a ton of suggestions but I don't know whats correct or waht to delete from my registry Windows 7 Home Premium Problem w/NIC or PPPoE "Connection failed with error 711" Please there has to be a fix

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Problem w/NIC or PPPoE "Connection failed with error 711"

I think I'd replace the ethernet NIC or router...sounds like a hardware problem from what I see.

At the least, I would test the router on another system.

I suggest leaving the idea of "deleting things in the registry"...far outside the scope of intended actions until you have verified that the hardware is not at fault.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533115/windows-7-home-premium-problem-wnic-or-pppoe-connection-failed-with-error-711/
Relevancy 54.61%

Like the title says - I have a "PPPoE: PPPoE line Disconnect Receive error: ... TAG" PADT D-Link DI-604 D-Link DI- router - Have been using it for over a year with only periodic disconnects still pain in the a S but tolerable - As of months ago it started with a daily connection drop - Reason for disconnect as D-Link DI-604 error: "PPPoE: Receive PADT TAG" ... Disconnect PPPoE line per Log quot PPPoE Receive PADT TAG quot quot Disconnect PPPoE line quot - Situation became gradually more and more frequent to the point where it would not even establish connection - The Log would read as above quot PPPoE Receive PADT TAG quot quot Disconnect PPPoE line quot followed by quot PPPoE try to re-connect automatically quot followed by quot PPPoE Receive PADT TAG quot etc in a vicious never ending loop - D-Link just replaced the unit with a later version of the model revision E original was revision A - New unit performs the same no change still will not connect - ISP is SYMPATICO and I have no issues with the SpeedStream DSL modem on its own Can someone suggest what I should do Has anyone encountered the same problem and or found a fix nbsp

A:D-Link DI-604 error: "PPPoE: Receive PADT TAG" ... Disconnect PPPoE line

Have you tried contactin your ISP to see if they are experiencing problems? They might be able to shed some more light on your siutation and work you through it. I'm sure they get these sorts of issues daily. Not that we can't help, but it might be easier from them

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-di-604-error-pppoe-receive-padt-tag-disconnect-pppoe-line.25712/
Relevancy 53.32%

we have two laptops, one was wired to the router, the other was wireless. I unhooked the wired laptop to try it wireless. now the wireless light on the router is off and the wireless is not working. HELP

A:belkin router

unplug the power from the router for 30 seconds, plug it back in, wait for it to boot up, does it work now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router.877645/
Relevancy 53.32%

I need to set the NAT settings on my router to specifications for the XBox live network but I can't find them. The XBox says they are set to Moderate, but I don't see those options when I go in to change the router settings. Where is it located at.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I am living in a hostel Belkin router in Hamburg Germany where I have internet on LAN So I bought a wifi router Belkin N Wireless Router FD - to use internet wireless Now in this hostel we also have a server in Belkin router which we can upload amp download things to amp from I can see the icon of this server in my Network amp access it when I use internet via LAN cable but I am not able to connect to the server when I am using wifi router I don t know how to figure this out I tried accessing the quot Network quot I have Windows Ultimate amp then in that it shows my router - quot Belkin N Router quot But when I double click on this belkin icon my router restarts amp nothing happens then I want access to this server via wifi so that I don t have to plug-in my LAN cable again and again Any help regarding this will be appreciated Thanks a lot Jainam nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I Got A Belkin Router And Lost The CD-Rom To Install it. What Should I do

A:Belkin Router

killergil said:

I Got A Belkin Router And Lost The CD-Rom To Install it. What Should I doClick to expand...

Did you visit Belkin site to see what you can find for your router over there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router.570463/
Relevancy 53.32%

first of all guys hi this is my first time on the site so be gentle with me after a bit of info hope im in right section here trying to set router up for port forewarding for utorrent keeps telling me port not open how do i open it and were do i get the setting to do it any help please

You needed help finding the following rule?

"P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router.671462/
Relevancy 53.32%

i have a belkin router and would like to make it secure. how can i do this?

Hi and welcome

I hope this helps: http://www.ehow.com/how_4829036_secure-belkin-wireless-router.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router.970034/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys i have a Belkin N1 vision and it keeps restating back to the same display screen...... such as the load screen... when it loads up..... and it want let me connect to the internet..... Any ideas?

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello im wondering if anyone can help,

I have recently purchased a laptop and i bought a wireless router so that i could use the internet connection from another room in my house. I have set the router up to my computer with the internet connection but now i haven't got a clue what to do next and how do get my laptop to start receiving the internet connection. Can anyone help please

Thanks

A:Belkin router

This is for HP but the settings are basically the same.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=86662&cc=us&docname=c00045244

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-router.54628/
Relevancy 53.32%

Anyway to change Ip on Belkin router now ?????

If you know please help me >.<

Not a lan ip, wireless .....

Relevancy 53.32%

I have built a new computer from scratch.

I have an msi motherboard, pentium 4 3.2ghz cpu, 1024mb of ddr400, 2 x 120g
maxtor 9 hdd, 450w psu and my os is xp pro.

I have also gone wireless with the Belkin Fd7630 with built in modem and belkin wireless pci card which i installed with no problems what so ever.

Yesterday i was getting interfearence with my next door neighbour's netgear so i decided to change channel to cut this out.

To my suprise once i clicked submit after changing channel my computer shut down Yes completly shut down all by itself and after further investigation i found this happens when i alter any of the settings in my router.

Please help this is so frustrating.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-and-belkin-router-41490.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Help!!

I have recently moved house and had trouble reconnecting my broadband. After some frustration i decided to reset the router to its default (little button at the back) The problem is that i now cannot connect to the admin page of the router (198.162.2.1) I have reset several times, tried through both wireless and ethernet cables, gone to my network places and enabled upnp etc. When i ping the router i get 'host not found'.

Could anyone offer me any further advice or instructions.

Thank you

N

A:Belkin Router

hmm; address: http:/192.168.2.1 is correct -- be sure to use a wired connection
and that your NIC is enabled if you've been using wireless previously.

use Admint Tools -> Computer Mgr-->Device Mgr and scroll to see Network Adapters
and verify the Nic is active and no red/yellow marks on the device

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-router.127582/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I need some assistants on making my Belkin Wireless G router- Ghz- g model F D - Version to become a Access Point Here is my situation I have an existing Linksys WRT N Wireless-N gigabit router with storage Link connected to my DSL modem upstairs my house I want the belkin router to act as an access point downstairs I want to connect at least three machines with the Belkin router I have thought of putting one ethernet cable downstairs from the Linksys router but I don t want to do that OK I have tried few things already I tried the build-in access point enable button and giviing the router a new IP address but thats where I get stuck I can t log-in back to Need my Help Router. Belkin with the belkin router I tried disabling the DHCP server and NAT with no results I m I Need Help with my Belkin Router. forgetting something here Do need to do something with my linksys router Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Need Help with my Belkin Router.

You seem to be talking about a wireless bridge, not an access point. The problem here is I've never been able to get Belkin equipment to talk to any non-Belkin equipment wirelessly, even though they offer the wireless bridge option in the box.

You shouldn't have to do anything with the Linksys router, I'm thinking this is simply Belkin being difficult.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-my-belkin-router.954116/
Relevancy 53.32%

How do I change the security settings for me Belkin Router?

Relevancy 53.32%

I accidentally made my thingy into an access point and they changed my ip adress!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't see the address so i cant go on there!!!!!!! And my other laptops can't go on my network!!!! Help plz!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 53.32%

I dont currently have a PC or laptop. I am just trying to set-up a wireless network that an xbox, ipad, and kindle can access my internet. I bought a Belkin N300 Wireless router but I noticed that it has I must have a computer and has a min operating system xyz... I guess I must have to load software or something. Is there a way to set something up so my devices can all share my internet? What do I need to get??

A:Need help with belkin router set-up

You can configure the router with an iPad (and a Kindle if it is the Kindle Fire) if you are careful and know what you are doing. Start by reading the user manual (at least once, if not several times) that is probably on an included CD and available on Belkin's web site. No software is needed, and most times is better avoided.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-belkin-router-set-up.1034422/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi My B Band ISP is AOL with a Wired Netgear router which now packed up I was given router Belkin a quot Belkin Modem with Wireless G Router quot connected everything proper all Leds Belkin router on it are lit BUT does connect on the WEB Contacted AOL for help who sent me to belkin whos all Tel Nos are out of service or dead Belkin site gives me a PDF on how to quot Establishing a Connection from PC to Router quot did it all BUT still no luck for AOL ISPs quot Use our wizard below to find ISP settings for your hardware Your results are below If you have any further queries do not hesitate to contact us Internet Provider AOL UK Connection Type PPPOE VPI VCI Encap LLC Notes Please ensure that the username entered is the master screen name ending with aol com Please ensure that the password for this account is set to letters or less No uppercase letters symbols or numbers If you are experiencing slow browsing please ensure that Home build Asus P K Premium WiFiiFi Intel Intel Core Quad Pro Q W GHz OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler x GB -pin DIMM DDR mhz PC - EVGA GeForce GTX KO MB GDDR PCI-E Excelsior sata gb OCZ W Game XStream Psu X XPhome sp Ubuntu VBox Win Home build Asus P K Premium WiFiiFi Intel Intel Core Quad Pro Q W GHz OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler x GB -pin DIMM DDR mhz PC - EVGA GeForce GTX KO MB GDDR PCI-E Excelsior sata gb OCZ W Game XStream Psu X XPhome sp Ubuntu VBox Win nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Yeah im trying to figure out how to set up a bypass for vuze (downloading program) on my Belkin N1 Wireless router. I know how to get to the router page by typing in the default gateway but after that im stumped on how to get to the bypass page. I Know that there is a way to do it (Someone on youtube did it on a linksys) but i cant figure it out. could someone help me?

A:Belkin Router Help

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

We are aware that there are legal applications for file sharing but we have chosen to take this postion as we cannot determine when the assistance requested is for illegal or legal purposes and the illegal far outweigh the legal in this medium.Click to expand...

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-help.820624/